时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | It’s black friday, the post-thanksgiving kick-off | 今天是黑色星期五 人们开始了 |
[00:16] | Into the holiday shopping season. | 感恩节后购物季的疯狂购物 |
[00:18] | And retailers are advertising | 零售商们正在对今年的疯狂打折 |
[00:19] | even deeper discounts this year, | 进行大肆宣传 |
[00:22] | Trying to lure cash-strapped consumers. | 试图诱惑囊中羞涩的消费者 |
[00:25] | All managers to their departments. | 所有经理到各部门就位 |
[00:27] | All managers to their departments. | 所有经理到各部门就位 |
[00:28] | All right, who wants to save some money? | 好吧 有谁想省钱 |
[00:37] | Doors opening in 5 minutes. | 五分钟后开门 |
[00:42] | Where is it? | 哪儿去了 |
[00:43] | Maybe your wallet’s in the car? | 也许你的钱包落在车上了 |
[00:44] | I swear, it was in my jacket. | 我发誓 我放到口袋里了 |
[00:47] | Save our place. | 占好位置 |
[00:48] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:50] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[00:52] | Pardon me. | 借过 |
[00:54] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[01:00] | All right, when I say “digital,” you say “corner.” | 大家听好了 我说”数码” 你们说”地带” |
[01:04] | Digital! | 数码 |
[01:05] | Corner! | 地带 |
[01:06] | – Digital! – Corner! | – 数码 – 地带 |
[01:08] | – Digital! – Corner! | – 数码 – 地带 |
[01:13] | For an extra 100, how can we not go with the 50 inch? | 多加100美元就能换50英寸高清彩电 有什么不好 |
[01:18] | How about an “excuse me,” bitch? | 说句”抱歉”不行吗 混蛋 |
[01:39] | Open the doors! Open the doors, damm it! | 开门 快开门 妈的 |
[02:13] | Did calculus get harder since we took it? | 现在的微积分比我们上学时候难吗 |
[02:15] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说的 |
[02:17] | That’s all right, I’ll just figure it out myself. | 没关系 我自己能算出来 |
[02:19] | I mean, you’d think with the Intellectual stock I come from, though. | 你想 我遗传了这么聪明的基因 |
[02:23] | Apples always fall further from the tree than you think. | 天才总是可望不可即的 |
[02:25] | There’s something to be grateful for, right? | 是不是应该感激呢 |
[02:27] | How was thanksgiving? | 感恩节过的怎么样 |
[02:28] | Oh, you know, dad lectured– | 你知道 老爸训话 |
[02:30] | I did not lecture. | 我没训话 |
[02:31] | – Mom fretted. – I didn’t lecture. | -妈妈烦他 -我没有演讲 |
[02:33] | So much to be thankful for. | 有太多要感谢了 |
[02:37] | I mean, don’t you think I’m getting a little old | 我说 你不觉得我已经长大了 |
[02:38] | For make-believe family holidays? | 不需要这种团圆佳节的假相了吗 |
[02:40] | Well, that’s how your mom likes it, love. | 宝贝 那是因为你妈喜欢 |
[02:44] | Heh. You’re a little odd. | 你样子有点儿怪 |
[02:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[02:46] | The apron. | 你的围裙 |
[02:48] | I think it’s becoming. | 我觉得很好看呢 |
[02:50] | Hey, uh, dad, Gill, | 老爸 吉莉 |
[02:52] | This is Max Roland. | 这位是马克思・罗岚 |
[02:54] | Apparently he’s 16 and a big fan of your book. | 今年16岁 是你的忠实书迷 |
[02:58] | Over here. | 过来 |
[02:59] | you should know better. | 你不该随便让他进门 |
[03:01] | My address isn’t listed. How’d you find me? | 我家地址没写在书上 你怎么找到我的 |
[03:04] | Online. | 网上 |
[03:05] | I just need half an hour of your time, Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 我只占用您半个小时 |
[03:07] | You got 2 minutes. | 你只有两分钟 |
[03:09] | My parents have lied to me my whole life about who I am. | 我父母对我隐瞒了我的身世 |
[03:11] | I’m not their kid. | 我不是他们的儿子 |
[03:12] | Who are you, then? | 那你是谁 |
[03:14] | This kid. James Knox. | 这个孩子 詹姆斯・诺克斯 |
[03:17] | The James Knox? | 著名的詹姆斯・诺克斯 |
[03:19] | Well, how do you know you’re him? | 你怎么知道你是他 |
[03:20] | Look at the scar. | 看这个伤疤 |
[03:22] | James Knox has one just like it. | 詹姆斯・诺克斯有个跟这个一样的伤疤 |
[03:24] | We’ve all got scars. You want to see mine? | 谁都有伤疤 想看看我的吗 |
[03:27] | Look. | 听着 |
[03:28] | I took a DNA sample from my parents. | 我从父母那取了DNA样本 |
[03:30] | All right, I’m not a match. | 检测结果不相符 |
[03:31] | Their story of how I was born, | 他们说的生了我的话 |
[03:33] | It doesn’t make sense. | 根本不是真的 |
[03:35] | I can’t spend another Christmas | 我不能跟这些可能偷走过我的人 |
[03:36] | With people who might have stolen me. | 再在一起过圣诞节 |
[03:38] | Please. | 求您了 |
[03:40] | I have $500. | 我有500美元 |
[03:41] | This is all I have to pay you. | 这是我所有积蓄了 |
[03:44] | Will you talk to my parents? | 你能跟我父母谈谈吗 |
[03:46] | I have to know the truth. | 我一定要知道真相 |
[03:55] | Want a sandwich? | 要三明治吗 |
[03:59] | If he really is James Knox, | 如果他真的是詹姆斯・诺克斯 |
[04:00] | He’s in a very difficult spot, psychologically. | 他现在的心理状态非常难过 |
[04:02] | We need to handle this carefully. | 我们要谨慎对待这件事 |
[04:05] | Well, don’t we always? | 我们不是一直很谨慎吗 |
[04:07] | I can’t believe you took his money. | 真不敢相信你收他的钱 |
[04:09] | Well, he wanted me to take him seriously. | 是他要我认真对待这件事 |
[04:11] | I am. | 那我就认真点 |
[04:14] | Who holds interviews on a holiday weekend? | 周末了搞什么面试呀 |
[04:16] | Look, Max really wants this. Be patient. | 听着 马克思对这事很认真 耐心点 |
[04:19] | Ready to interview my parents? They’re getting antsy. | 可以跟我父母谈了吗 他们有点儿坐不住了 |
[04:21] | I’m not gonna interview your parents, you are. | 我们不跟你父母谈 你去 |
[04:24] | I thought you said you were gonna help me. | 我以为你说过会帮我的 |
[04:25] | No, look. If you want to know the truth, | 听着 如果要知道真相 |
[04:27] | You ask the questions, all right? | 就要你去问 懂吗 |
[04:28] | So no “yes or no” phrasing. | 不要问是非问题 |
[04:30] | And look at me. Look at me. | 看着我 看着我 |
[04:31] | Don’t back down. | 不要退缩 |
[04:32] | Max, you don’t have to do this. | 马克思 你不一定非要这么做的 |
[04:34] | It said in your book, | 你的书里说 |
[04:35] | The best interrogations are when you can watch, | 最好的审问方式是观察 |
[04:36] | You don’t have to ask the questions. | 那样你就不需要去问问题 |
[04:38] | I want the best. | 我要最好的 |
[04:39] | All right, well, that’s what you paid for. | 行了 去吧 你付钱为的就是这个 |
[04:45] | Hey, uh, it’ll just be a few more minutes. | 需要再等几分钟 |
[04:48] | They’re in with some of the other nominees. | 他们正在面试其他候选人 |
[04:55] | You look nervous. | 你看起来很紧张 |
[04:56] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[04:59] | Look, I know I’m not your son. Who am I? | 听着 我知道我不是你们的儿子 我到底是谁 |
[05:01] | This again? Max, not here. | 又是这个问题 马克思 别在这里说 |
[05:04] | There’s no pictures of me as a newborn. | 我连一张新生儿照片都没有 |
[05:06] | It doesn’t make any sense. | 这不对头 |
[05:08] | You were born in Ecuador. | 你在厄瓜多尔出生 |
[05:09] | Mom had you premature. We’ve told you all this. | 你妈妈早产 不是跟你说过了吗 |
[05:12] | You went to Ecuador pregnant? | 怀孕期间还去厄瓜多尔 |
[05:13] | I’m sorry, but that doesn’t sound like something | 不好意思 不过这不太像是一个聪明的 |
[05:14] | A smart mom would do. | 妈妈应该做的事情 |
[05:15] | I think I know better than you | 我想 一个母亲该做什么 不该做什么 |
[05:17] | What a mother would and wouldn’t do. | 这种事我比你清楚 |
[05:19] | He said “mom,” she said “mother.” | 他说的是”妈妈” 而她说的是”母亲” |
[05:20] | – Distancing language. – Yeah. | -转换称谓[疏远性语言] -对 |
[05:22] | I ordered a DNA test online. | 我在网上申请了DNA检测 |
[05:24] | I took hairs from your brushes. | 我从你们的梳子上拿了头发 |
[05:26] | I just got the results back. | 我刚拿到检测结果 |
[05:28] | I’m not related to either of you. | 我跟你们两个都没血缘关系 |
[05:31] | Nice fear on both of them. | 两人都表现出明显的害怕 |
[05:34] | Max, what the hell is going on? | 马克思 你在干什么? |
[05:40] | What is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[05:42] | Mr. And Mrs. Roland, I’m Gillian Foster. | 罗岚先生夫人 我是吉莉安・福斯特博士 |
[05:43] | I’m a psychologist with the Lightman Group. | 我是莱特曼集团的一名心理学专家 |
[05:45] | What is this place? | 这里是什么地方 |
[05:46] | Max came to us. He needs our help. | 马克思来找我们 他需要我们的帮助 |
[05:48] | Max, we’re leaving. | 马克思 我们要走了 |
[05:49] | Dr. Lightman, they’re lying, right? | 莱特曼博士 他们在说谎 是不是 |
[05:51] | They’re lying. | 他们在说谎 |
[05:52] | Max, now. | 马克思 快走 |
[05:55] | Go. | 走吧 |
[06:00] | We may have just sent him home with his abductors. | 我们可能刚刚把他送回了诱拐者的家 |
[06:04] | Where’s Reynolds? | 雷诺兹在哪里 |
[06:04] | Still in South Carolina. | 还在南卡罗莱纳 |
[06:06] | Well, that’s one problem solved. | 我们的问题解决了 |
[06:08] | – The other one’s the cops. – We can’t call them. | -剩下的交给警察 -我们不能报警 |
[06:09] | If the cops or press or FBI | 如果警察 新闻界 或者联调局 |
[06:10] | Get wind that someone who may be James Knox surfaced, | 收到风声说 发现了詹姆斯・诺克斯 |
[06:13] | I mean, the vultures will pick Max to pieces. | 我是说 媒体会吃了马克思的 |
[06:15] | We have to protect him. | 我们必须保护他 |
[06:17] | And we have to talk to the Knoxes. | 还要跟诺克斯夫妇谈谈 |
[06:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:20] | Finally got you thinking like a criminal. | 终于连你也像罪犯一样思考了 |
[06:22] | Wonders will never cease. | 大千世界 无奇不有 |
[06:23] | If this thing goes south, | 如果这事败露了 |
[06:25] | You’re putting up my bail. | 你给我付保释金 |
[06:28] | Michigan 2005. | 2005年 密歇根州 |
[06:30] | Shoppers burst through the doors of a major retail chain | 购物者从一家连锁零售店涌入 |
[06:32] | ‘Causing multiple injuries. | 引发了一连串踩踏伤亡 |
[06:34] | India 2008. | 印度2008年 |
[06:35] | Rumors of a landslide at a hindu temple cause panic. | 关于滑坡的谣言在一所印度寺庙引起恐慌 |
[06:38] | About 140 people lose their lives trying to escape. | 约140人在试图逃生时遇难 |
[06:41] | Los Angeles. | 洛杉矶 |
[06:42] | Lakers fans celebrate a championship by looting and rioting. | 湖人队球迷以”打砸抢”庆祝总决赛胜利 |
[06:45] | About a million dollars worth of | 当地企业损失了 |
[06:46] | property damage to local businesses. | 约100万美金 |
[06:48] | In every example, the violence was | 在每个案子中 暴力事件是 |
[06:50] | Instigated by someone in the crowd. | 由人群中的某个人煽动起来 |
[06:52] | What are you proposing, Mr. Loker? | 你什么意思 洛克尔先生 |
[06:54] | 2 of your customers died. | 你的顾客中 两人丧命 |
[06:56] | Dozens were injured. | 几十人受伤 |
[06:57] | People are looking for a scapegoat, | 人们在找替罪羊 |
[06:58] | And digital corner’s an easy target. | 数码地带是最容易的目标 |
[07:01] | What if I could prove your company wasn’t at fault? | 要是我能证明你的公司没有过错呢 |
[07:03] | Cases like this turn on comparative negligence. | 这类案子应依照比较过失原则裁决 |
[07:06] | If the stampede was crowd induced, | 如果踩踏是由人群自己引发的 |
[07:09] | It would reduce the settlement considerably. | 就能大大减少和解金数额 |
[07:12] | This is the raw feed from channel 3. | 这是第三频道的录像 |
[07:16] | Notice the dad showing his boys how to lock arms | 看那个父亲教孩子怎样 |
[07:18] | And form a phalanx. | 将胳膊抱成方形 |
[07:20] | They–what, they expected violence? | 他们 什么 他们期待这场暴力事件 |
[07:24] | Well, convergence theory says | 趋同理论认为 |
[07:25] | That if crowds act aggressively, | 如果人群表现出侵略性 |
[07:26] | It’s because people bring an aggressive mindset to it. | 那一定是因为他们有侵略性心态 |
[07:30] | And in the close-ups, you can see their faces. | 看特写 你能看见他们的脸 |
[07:32] | They’re identical to those of athletes during competition. | 他们的表情和竞赛时的运动员一样 |
[07:36] | This crowd was a powder keg and | 这人群就是一个火药桶 |
[07:37] | Somebody in it was the spark. | 里面的某个人 充当了火花 |
[07:39] | Maybe so, but we can’t have our name | 或许你是对的 但是我们不能让我们的名字 |
[07:41] | dragged through the press | 在繁忙的销售季节 |
[07:42] | During our busy shopping season. | 出现在媒体上 |
[07:44] | We’re planning on settling first thing monday morning. | 我们计划在星期一早上解决首要问题 |
[07:45] | How much are you expecting to pay out? | 你打算花多少钱呢 |
[07:47] | 20 million, give or take. | 差不多2000万 |
[07:48] | Give me a few days to prove my thesis before you settle. | 你们决定之前 给我几天时间证明我的理论 |
[07:51] | If I can trace the stampede to somebody in the crowd, | 如果我能找到引发惊慌的人 |
[07:54] | The Lightman Group gets 10% of what you save. | 你们省下来的钱 10%归莱特曼集团 |
[07:57] | You save us 10 million, you earn one. | 你帮我们节省1000万 你们得100万 |
[07:59] | And if you pay the full 20, | 如果你们真的付了2000万 |
[08:00] | We don’t see a dime. | 我们就分文不取 |
[08:04] | Hey, how’d it go with the suits? | 诉讼案进行如何 |
[08:07] | Well, we got the job. Where were you? | 得到委托了 你刚才去哪儿了 |
[08:08] | None of your bloody business. | 不关你的事 |
[08:10] | I figured you were up to it, so. | 我看你跃跃欲试 说说吧 |
[08:12] | It’s probably a gross overestimation on my part. | 当然也可能是我的期望太高 |
[08:14] | I appreciate the confidence boost. | 感谢你的信心鼓励 |
[08:17] | Well, selling’s the easy part. | 做销售是有诀窍的 |
[08:19] | It’s delivering, that’s the trick. | 精髓在于全力以赴[引自《富爸爸穷爸爸》] |
[08:20] | And that’s what you promised. | 也是你答应要做的 |
[08:21] | So you and Torres are on your own. | 你和托勒斯要独立完成 |
[08:23] | Think you’re up for it? | 你准备好了吗 |
[08:24] | I’ve read every major study on | 我已经通读了所有关于群体行为的 |
[08:25] | Group behavior cover to cover. | 主要研究 |
[08:26] | This is my wheelhouse. | 游刃有余 |
[08:28] | Fascinating. | 听起来不错 |
[08:31] | Well, time will tell. | 时间证明一切 |
[08:33] | Any more words or inspiration? | 没有别的妙语提点了 |
[08:35] | Yeah. We need the money. And don’t embarrass me. | 有 我们需要钱 还有别给我丢脸 |
[08:41] | You think you found James? After all these years? | 这么多年了 你们真的找到了詹姆斯 |
[08:44] | Mr. Knox And Mrs. Knox, | 诺克斯先生 诺克斯太太 |
[08:45] | We don’t want you to get your hopes up, | 我们不想让你们抱太大希望 |
[08:47] | But we would like to do a DNA test | 但我们想做一个DNA测试 |
[08:50] | Just to confirm things one way or another. | 只是确认一下 是或者否 |
[08:53] | The scar’s from the same type of operation, though, right? | 他的伤疤也是同一类手术留下的 对吗 |
[08:56] | Do you have a picture? | 你们有照片吗 |
[08:58] | Cal. | 卡尔 |
[09:00] | Oh, sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:03] | It was taken this morning.actually. | 今天早上拍的 |
[09:07] | He’s got your chin. | 他遗传了你的下巴 |
[09:12] | This must be overwhelming. | 你们一定非常激动 |
[09:14] | No, it’s just I’m– I’m shocked | 不 我只是 我很震惊 |
[09:16] | That we might be able to find James. | 我们居然能够找到詹姆斯 |
[09:20] | I got a question for you. | 我想问个问题 |
[09:21] | Do you–either of you, | 你们 你们俩 |
[09:22] | Do you remember, was it overcast | 有没有谁记得 你们儿子被绑架那天 |
[09:24] | The day that your son was abducted? | 天气是不是多云 |
[09:27] | Do you remember? | 还记得吗 |
[09:29] | It’s 16 years ago. | 那是16年前的事 |
[09:30] | I think it was overcast. | 我想那天是多云 |
[09:31] | It definitely was. | 绝对是 |
[09:32] | It was? | 是吗 |
[09:36] | I think you’re lying, Mrs. Knox. | 我认为你在说谎 诺克斯夫人 |
[09:39] | When people are telling the truth, | 人们说实话时 |
[09:42] | They don’t feel the need to recall small details | 都会认为没有必要去回忆 |
[09:45] | Many years later. | 多年前的小细节 |
[09:47] | You’re ashamed of something. | 你感到羞愧了 |
[09:49] | What are you ashamed of? | 你为什么羞愧 |
[09:50] | What are you talking about? | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[09:51] | What is it? What is it? | 是什么 什么事 |
[09:52] | Is your son still alive? | 是不是你儿子还活着 |
[09:53] | What happened to James, Mrs. Knox? | 詹姆斯到底怎么了 诺克斯太太 |
[09:55] | Or did you murder him? Did you murder him? | 还是你杀了他 是不是你杀了他 |
[09:57] | – Of course not. – Did you murder him? | – 当然没有 – 你是不是杀了他 |
[09:59] | Did you kill him? | 你是不是杀了他 |
[10:00] | What the hell is wrong with you people? She didn’t kill him. | 你们这些人什么毛病 她没有杀他 |
[10:02] | – Did you kill him? – No. | – 你有没有杀他 – 不是 |
[10:03] | Did you kill your son? | 你是不是杀了自己的儿子 |
[10:05] | Did you torture him before you killed him? | 你在杀他之前有没有折磨他 |
[10:06] | – Did you make him suffer? – No, it was an accident! | – 你有没有让他痛苦 – 没有 那是个意外 |
[10:09] | What? | 什么 |
[10:20] | I… | 我 |
[10:23] | Went into the kitchen while the bath was running. | 浴缸水龙头没关 我就去了厨房 |
[10:30] | I don’t know how… | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[10:34] | He had drowned. | 他就已经溺死了 |
[10:39] | I was going right back. | 我是立刻回去的 |
[10:45] | Robbie, Robbie, I didn’t mean to. | 罗比 罗比 我不是故意的 |
[10:50] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 非常非常抱歉 |
[10:56] | I didn’t want you to hate me. | 我不想你恨我 |
[11:01] | Maybe they’re lying. | 或许他们是在说谎 |
[11:02] | They’re telling the truth to the police right now. | 他们正在把真相告诉警察 |
[11:05] | If I’m not James Knox… | 如果我不是詹姆斯・诺克斯 |
[11:08] | Who am I? | 那我是谁 |
[11:10] | You’re the same person you were yesterday | 你还是昨天那个你 |
[11:11] | And the day before, Max. | 前天的那个你 马克思 |
[11:12] | Don’t call me that, all right. | 别用这名字叫我 |
[11:14] | I’m someone else. | 我是另外一个人 |
[11:16] | Well, what do you want to be called, then? | 那好 你想被叫做什么 |
[11:18] | Who do you want to be? You want to be, uh, Johnny? | 你想叫什么 你想叫约翰尼吗 |
[11:21] | You want to be a Paul? Do you want to be a Steve? | 你想叫保罗 还是史蒂夫 |
[11:23] | You want to be a Sid? You know, | 还是席德呢 |
[11:25] | You look like a steve to me. | 我看你更像个史蒂夫 |
[11:31] | All of these are boys around your age | 这是所有的与你同龄 |
[11:35] | That were abducted when they were babies or | 婴儿或幼年时期遭到 |
[11:37] | when they were kids. | 绑架的孩子 |
[11:39] | Which one do you think is you? | 你认为哪一个是你 |
[11:41] | I’m never gonna find out who I am. | 我永远无法知道自己是谁 |
[11:43] | Right, that’s what you’re trying to say? | 这就是你想说的 |
[11:45] | No, you know, you’re a crap listener, boysie. | 不 你简直像个听障儿童 |
[11:48] | Really, pay attention, right. | 你现在给我注意听着 |
[11:49] | What I’m saying is I’m in. | 我是说 我能帮你查 |
[11:52] | Are you? | 你要查吗 |
[11:53] | Think carefully before you answer that | 在你回答之前仔细想想 |
[11:55] | Because if we do go down this rabbit hole, | 因为一旦跳进兔子洞[译注: 《爱丽丝漫游仙境》] |
[11:57] | There’s no telling what’s gonna bite you. | 谁也不知道有什么出来咬你 |
[12:06] | I’m in. | 我决定了 |
[12:11] | He’s in. | 他决定了 |
[12:14] | Max, you have to let this go. | 马克思 你必须放下这件事 |
[12:16] | He’s not gonna. | 他不会放下的 |
[12:18] | I mean, why should he? | 我是说 他为什么要放下 |
[12:20] | If he’s not your son, | 如果他不是你们的儿子 |
[12:22] | He should know why you’ve kept it from him. | 他应该知道你们为什么一直瞒着他 |
[12:24] | I mean, either you’ve got a good reason | 我是说 你们到底是事出有因 |
[12:25] | Or you’re monsters who stole someone else’s baby. | 还是偷别人孩子的怪物 |
[12:30] | – That’s ridiculous. – Is it? | – 这太荒唐了 – 是吗 |
[12:32] | Want to see if the cops agree with you? | 想知道警察怎么想吗 |
[12:35] | I know you both love Max deeply | 我知道你们很爱马克思 |
[12:38] | And you would never want to hurt him. | 你们不想伤害他 |
[12:41] | But you are. He’s in a lot of pain. | 但你们已经在伤害他了 他很痛苦 |
[12:46] | You’re not protecting him anymore. | 你们这样做不是在保护他 |
[12:48] | You’re just hurting him. | 你们是在伤害他 |
[12:55] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[13:03] | Her name was Cheyenne. | 她叫夏安 |
[13:06] | She was barely older than you are | 年纪和你现在差不多 |
[13:10] | It can cost a fortune to adopt. | 收养一个孩子要花很多钱 |
[13:13] | And back then, we didn’t have the money to pay for a service. | 当时我们没有那么多钱办领养手续 |
[13:17] | She didn’t want any formal papers. | 她也不想签任何正式书面的文件 |
[13:19] | She just wanted out. | 她只想一走了之 |
[13:21] | And we wanted a baby. | 我们想要个孩子 |
[13:24] | We gave her some money for the hospital bills and that was it. | 我们帮她付了医院费用 |
[13:28] | You were her baby, but your our son. | 她是你的生母 但是我们把你养大成人的 |
[13:33] | Maxie, Please? We’ve been good parents to you, haven’t we? | 马克思 我们对你一直很好 不是吗 |
[13:38] | Say what’s on your mind, son. | 你还在想什么 孩子 |
[13:41] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 之前为什么不告诉我 |
[13:44] | We thought if anyone learned the truth… . | 一旦真相大白 |
[13:47] | They’d take him away from you. | 他们就会把他带走 |
[13:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[13:52] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[13:54] | My mother. | 我妈妈 |
[14:00] | Is this all of them? | 都在这儿了吗 |
[14:01] | These are the lead plaintiffs. | 这些是主要原告 |
[14:02] | There’s another 80 names on the suit, | 另外诉讼书上还有80个人 |
[14:04] | But these are the real bloodsuckers. | 但里面的这些是真正的鼓动者 |
[14:06] | Or the real victims. | 或者说真正的受害者 |
[14:10] | Why are they even talking to us? | 他们为什么来跟我们谈 |
[14:11] | Well, digital corner sold it to their lawyer as part of the investigation. | 数码地带委托律师安排的 |
[14:14] | Well, let’s be honest, who doesn’t enjoy a good bitch session? | 说实话 谁会不想好好开个会 |
[14:17] | *** | |
[14:19] | *** | |
[14:21] | Did you know that the doors opened 20 minutes late? | 你知不知道商场晚了20分钟才开始营业 |
[14:23] | They didn’t even have my TV in stock. | 他们的库存里都没有我要的电视机 |
[14:25] | It was a bait and switch. | 这是欺诈行为 |
[14:26] | I was almost trampled to death. | 我差点被人踩死 |
[14:27] | Listen, we need to get paid. | 我们要求赔偿 |
[14:31] | Ok, it’s our job to determine what started everything. | 我们的工作是要弄清事件的开端 |
[14:34] | That’s what we’ve been asking. | 我们的要求正是这样 |
[14:36] | The store hasn’t turned over any security video. | 商场没有提供任何监控录像 |
[14:38] | Let’s just begin with what you remember. | 先从你们记得的部分说起 |
[14:40] | One of the rent-a-cops picked a fight. | 一个保安先寻衅打架 |
[14:41] | It was right behind me. | 当时我就站在他们前面 |
[14:42] | I saw him pushing folks around like cattle. | 我看见他像赶牛一样驱赶群众 |
[14:44] | He was a bully. Damn near knocked me over. | 他欺负人 差点儿把我撞倒了 |
[14:47] | All right, so this guard starts a brawl, | 那么是警卫人员动粗在先 |
[14:48] | And then everyone pushes for the door? | 之后所有人都朝着大门方向挤 |
[14:51] | Can you describe him? | 你能说说那个人的样子吗 |
[14:54] | White guy, shaved head. | 白人 光头 |
[14:57] | You all just shifted your gaze to this guy. | 你们的视线全都转向了他 |
[14:58] | You’re looking to him for the answer. | 你们在等他的回答 |
[15:00] | You think we’re lying? | 你认为我们在说谎 |
[15:01] | Well, not consciously. | 你们是无意识的 |
[15:02] | It’s more likely a case of memory conformity. | 这有些像记忆整合 |
[15:04] | You’ve all heard each other’s story, | 你们听了彼此的描述以后 |
[15:06] | So you think it happened to you. | 就会认为自己也经历过 |
[15:07] | Right. But you didn’t remember the race of the guard | 没错 你们不记得警卫的肤色 |
[15:09] | Because you never saw him. | 是因为你们根本没亲眼看见 |
[15:10] | So you go to the real source. | 所以你们就转向了真正记得的人 |
[15:13] | I’ll be supervising these interviews. | 这些谈话内容我都会记录 |
[15:18] | Waylon said he was shopping for his family. | 韦伦说他是为家人买东西 |
[15:20] | Eye shift downward says otherwise. | 说话是视线下移 他在撒谎 |
[15:22] | Educated guess, he was there for someone else, | 按经验推测 他是为别人买 |
[15:23] | Like his mistress. | 比如情妇 |
[15:26] | Oh, and he is not your only client with a truthfulness allergy. | 你的委托人中不只他一个人说谎 |
[15:31] | Delisha faked anger when Rita asked her about her arm. | 莉亚询问她手臂伤势时 德莉莎假装很愤怒 |
[15:33] | Her eyebrows never pulled together, | 但她没有皱眉 |
[15:34] | Lips never pressed or tightened. | 也没有抿紧嘴唇 |
[15:36] | She’s faking it. | 她的愤怒是装的 |
[15:37] | That doesn’t excuse the store or the security guard. | 这不能成为商场和保安过错的理由 |
[15:40] | Oh, the bully? No, that wasn’t a lie. | 欺负人的保安吗 那是他们编造的 |
[15:41] | As far as we can tell. | 就我们目前所知 |
[15:44] | Just because a few people are gaming the system | 个别人编造证据 |
[15:46] | Doesn’t mean digital corner’s off the hook. | 并不代表数码地带能完全免责 |
[16:13] | What are you doing in the DMV database? | 你在登录车管局数据库里做什么 |
[16:16] | Your dad is committing a felony. | 你爸爸正在违反法律 |
[16:19] | Why am I not surprised? | 我怎么一点也不惊讶 |
[16:26] | I’d take you with me, but that would make you an accessory after the fact. | 本想叫你一起的 又怕你变成共犯 |
[16:33] | Feel free. | 你玩吧 |
[16:36] | I, uh, can’t believe you found me. | 没想到你们能找到我 |
[16:41] | He’s been looking for me? | 他一直在找我吗 |
[16:42] | Oh, yeah, for a long time now. | 是的 找你很久了 |
[16:44] | Yeah, he just wants to meet you. | 他只想见见你 |
[16:48] | He’s here? | 他在这里 |
[16:49] | Yep. | 对 |
[16:52] | There’s nothing to be ashamed of. | 没有什么不好意思的 |
[16:53] | You did the right thing by him. | 你那样做是为他好 |
[16:57] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[16:59] | I want to meet him. | 我愿意见他 |
[17:06] | Maxie boy. | 马克思 |
[17:07] | Hey. | 我在这 |
[17:09] | You’re up. | 过去吧 |
[17:11] | Max, this is Cheyenne Matson. | 这是夏安・马特逊 |
[17:16] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[17:18] | I knew I’d see you again someday. | 我就知道有一天我会再见到你 |
[17:22] | I just knew it. | 我就知道 |
[17:23] | I found you. | 我终于找到你了 |
[17:27] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[17:28] | Oh. Oh, my baby. | 我的孩子 |
[17:36] | *** | |
[17:39] | *** | |
[17:40] | What? | 什么事 |
[17:42] | Stop hugging her, son. | 离她远点 孩子 |
[17:44] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[17:45] | ’cause she’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[17:47] | She’s not your mother. | 她不是你的母亲 |
[18:00] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你在胡说八道 |
[18:03] | I gave birth to him in Virginia. | 我在佛吉尼亚把他生下来 |
[18:05] | – And then.- I see, that’s a lie. | -之后 – 你在说谎 |
[18:07] | What are you gonna do, | 你下一步要做什么 |
[18:08] | You just gonna keep them coming, or are you done now? | 你要继续编谎 还是到此为止 |
[18:12] | Have you been drinking today? | 你今天喝酒了吗 |
[18:16] | No, I don’t think it’s alcohol. | 我想不是酒精的作用 |
[18:18] | I think it’s drugs. | 而是药物 |
[18:19] | So what was your drug of choice back in the day. | 你之前吃了什么药 |
[18:21] | What is “x”? | 是不是摇头丸 |
[18:22] | Meth? Coke? | 冰毒 还是可卡因 |
[18:26] | There it is, cocaine. | 没错 是可卡因 |
[18:27] | What did you do? Did you sell him for drugs? | 你到底做了什么 卖了他换毒品吗 |
[18:29] | How did you get him? | 你从哪儿知道他的 |
[18:29] | Ok, ok. | 好了 好了 |
[18:32] | I was on the pipe back then. | 当时我在吸毒 |
[18:35] | I got close with my dealer. | 和毒贩子走的很近 |
[18:36] | He had this crash pad in DC. | 他在华府有个窝点 |
[18:40] | And I got there and there was this baby. | 我去时候 床上有个婴儿 |
[18:42] | Who’s baby? | 谁的孩子 |
[18:42] | I don’t know. I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[18:46] | He was crashing. | 他当时疯了 |
[18:47] | And he said he was gonna smother him, | 他说他要把这个孩子闷死 |
[18:49] | So I took the baby. | 于是我就把孩子带走了 |
[18:51] | You kidnapped him? | 你是绑架了他 |
[18:52] | You were trying to protect him? | 还是在保护他 |
[18:54] | I saw this AD | 我看到广告 |
[18:57] | These people wanted a baby, | 有对夫妻想要收养孩子 |
[18:58] | So I said I was his mother. | 于是我就说我是这个孩子的母亲 |
[19:00] | What was the name of your drug dealer back in the day? | 那个毒贩叫什么 |
[19:03] | I only remember him as Romeo. | 我只记得他叫罗密欧 |
[19:07] | Romeo? | 罗密欧 |
[19:08] | It was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[19:13] | Of course Max says he’s fine. | 马克思自己当然说没事 |
[19:15] | He’s a 16-year-old boy. | 可是他才16岁而已 |
[19:17] | Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you have to coddle him, does it? | 虽然如此 你也不需要去哄他 是不是 |
[19:19] | I mean, a hard truth in the long run | 长远来看 残酷的真相总比 |
[19:21] | is far better for you than a soft lie. | 温柔的谎言要好 |
[19:23] | We are talking about a child. | 可我们现在谈的是个孩子 |
[19:24] | And what child are we talking about? | 你们在谈哪个孩子 |
[19:26] | Emily. | 艾米利 |
[19:27] | Foster here disapproves of my parenting techniques, | 福斯特对我教育子女的方式有所质疑 |
[19:30] | Which I think is a bit of a cheek, don’t you? | 我对此非常不以为然 你说呢 |
[19:31] | Oh, so you’re not actually talking about, | 其实你们谈的不是这个 |
[19:33] | Let’s say, I don’t know, an adolescent boy? | 而是 我猜猜 一个青春期的男孩 |
[19:36] | No. | 没有 |
[19:38] | Should we be? You? | 是吗 你觉得呢 |
[19:39] | – No. – No. | – 不是 – 不是 |
[19:41] | Then maybe you two can explain something to me. | 那你们或许可以帮我解释一些事情 |
[19:43] | Well, I’ll do my level best. | 我会尽全力的 |
[19:44] | All right. Well, try to picture this. | 好 想象一下 |
[19:46] | I’m in Hilton Head, eighth hole, | 我在希尔顿头岛第八次牌面朝下发出的牌 |
[19:47] | 2 under par, best game of my life. | 2次失误 玩得最好的一次了 |
[19:49] | Then all of a sudden I get this call from my FBI supervisor | 然后突然接到联调局那边上司的电话 |
[19:52] | Wondering if my interest in 16-year-old boys is business | 问我对16岁男孩的兴趣是工作需要 |
[19:56] | Or purely recreational. | 还是纯粹娱乐 |
[19:59] | And which is it? | 是哪个原因呢 |
[20:00] | Well, see, that’s what I’m hoping | 这就是我想要 |
[20:01] | That you can help me with. | 你帮我解释的了 |
[20:02] | Because it seems like somebody here in DC | 因为看样子 有人在华府 |
[20:04] | Used my personal id number and password | 用我的私人用户名和密码 |
[20:07] | To access an FBI database. | 进入了联调局数据库 |
[20:09] | But when I’m not actually in DC, | 但我人根本不在华府 |
[20:11] | That sets off alarms,So | 这就说不通了 |
[20:13] | can either of you tell me who I should blame | 你俩谁能告诉我 我的假期 |
[20:16] | For ruining my vacation? | 就这么毁了 该怪谁呢 |
[20:22] | Loker? | 洛克尔 |
[20:26] | [儿童被拐封闭消息长达三年] | |
[20:36] | Sorry, I just… I heard what happened. | 抱歉 我都听说了 |
[20:40] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什么能帮忙的吗 |
[20:42] | You could stop looking at me like | 你可以别那样看着我 |
[20:43] | you think I’m a freak or screw-up. | 就像我是怪人或者倒霉蛋 |
[20:46] | I don’t think you’re screwed up, | 我不认为你很倒霉 |
[20:47] | I think your family is. | 倒霉的是你的家人 |
[20:49] | There’s a big difference. | 这有很大区别 |
[20:51] | Perfect girl with the perfect life’s | 过着完美生活的完美女孩 |
[20:53] | Some expert on messed up families now? | 突然能理解悲惨的家庭了吗 |
[20:56] | My dad’s a human lie detector. | 我爸是个谎言识别机 |
[20:58] | I have a family history of suicide. | 我家有家族自杀史 |
[21:01] | And my divorced parents sleep together sporadically, | 离了婚的爸妈偶尔还会一起睡 |
[21:04] | Fight constantly, | 却不停的吵架 |
[21:05] | And still insist we get together on holidays. | 还坚持假期要一起过 |
[21:08] | How’s that for perfect? | 这样能算完美吗 |
[21:10] | At least you know who your parents are. | 至少你知道自己父母是谁 |
[21:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:14] | Well, anything I can do to help. | 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[21:18] | I promise, one freak to another. | 我保证 怪人间的互助 |
[21:27] | You know, I go away for one weekend, | 我离开刚一个周末 |
[21:30] | And you two start acting like Bonnie and Clyde. | 你们俩就演起雌雄大盗了 |
[21:33] | You’re doing Christmas with me. | 你们圣诞节得跟我过了 |
[21:34] | No one needed to convince me | 不需要他说服我 |
[21:35] | That bringing the authorities into this case was a bad idea. | 我也知道让当局介入不是好事 |
[21:38] | Yeah, well, if you had come talked to me first, | 如果你们提前告诉我 |
[21:39] | I could have helped avoid all of this. | 我本可以帮忙避免这些麻烦的 |
[21:40] | Any chance that can happen now? | 现在还有可能吗 |
[21:42] | Because of what these people did, | 因为这些人的过失 |
[21:43] | A kidnapper got away with abducting a baby. | 诱拐婴儿的绑架犯逍遥法外 |
[21:46] | Mr. and Mrs. Roland. | 罗岚先生和太太 |
[21:47] | Are you here about Max? Have you seen him? | 你们是为马克思来的吗 你们见过他吗 |
[21:49] | No, what happened? | 没有 出什么事了 |
[21:50] | He left a note. He ran away. | 他留下字条 离家出走了 |
[21:53] | We have a warrant for your arrests. | 这是逮捕令 |
[21:54] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[21:55] | Being charged with false adoption | 罪名是非法收养 |
[21:56] | And child endangerment. | 还有危及儿童安全 |
[21:58] | Come on, let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[22:07] | So, bottom line, they’re saying we provoked it, | 这么说 他们认为事件是我们引发的 |
[22:10] | But they don’t have anything concrete. | 但是没有任何证据 |
[22:13] | Just firsthand accounts. | 只是观察的结论 |
[22:14] | Well, the news footage didn’t show anything. | 新闻片段看不出什么 |
[22:17] | Your security guards, they mention anything | 你们的保安人员有没有提到 |
[22:19] | About bullying your customers? | 恐吓顾客之类的事 |
[22:22] | Look. People resent authority. | 听着 人们总对当局感到反感 |
[22:25] | I get it. My dad was a cop. | 这我理解 我父亲以前是警察 |
[22:29] | Mr. Bernardo, uh… | 伯纳多先生 |
[22:32] | One of the things we do is look at body language. | 我们的工作之一是观察肢体语言 |
[22:34] | And we’ve found that sometimes when | 我们发现 有时候 |
[22:36] | people are feeling vulnerable, | 感到无助的人 |
[22:38] | They tend to cover their… | 会下意识遮掩自己的 |
[22:42] | Gonads. | 生殖器 |
[22:45] | Can you pull up that photo you showed me last month? | 能把你上个月给我看过的照片放出来吗 |
[22:46] | – Rita… – You want me to do it? | -莉亚 -要我自己来么 |
[22:54] | Churchill at Yalta… | 丘吉尔在雅尔塔 |
[22:56] | Roosevelt and Stalin are divvying up the world. | 罗斯福和斯大林正在瓜分世界 |
[22:58] | Britain’s being left out. The hat placement says it all. | 英国被排除在外 帽子的位置说明了一切 |
[23:02] | Now… | 现在 |
[23:06] | What is it you’re not telling us? | 你有什么事情瞒着我们 |
[23:09] | We have some security video | 我们有些停车场和商场门口的 |
[23:11] | Of the parking lot and the storefront. | 监视录像 |
[23:13] | What does it show? | 什么内容 |
[23:16] | Things got a little heated between | 保安和顾客之间 |
[23:17] | the guard and some of the customers. | 是有些摩擦 |
[23:18] | But that was 10 minutes before the stampede. | 但那是在事故发生前10分钟 |
[23:21] | Well, that’s embarrassing, but it’s not a direct cause. | 确实尴尬 但这不是事故的直接原因 |
[23:24] | – You’re trying to bury the evidence? – No. | -你想掩盖证据 -不是 |
[23:27] | We don’t want the nightmare of someone posting it online. | 我们害怕这些视频被发布到网上 |
[23:29] | But since you signed a non-disclosure agreement, | 但既然你们签过保密协定 |
[23:32] | I’m happy to share it. | 我很乐意分享 |
[23:46] | Cheyenne’s description matches | 夏安的描述和记录中的 |
[23:47] | a former drug dealer on record | 一个毒贩相吻合 |
[23:48] | Who went by the name “Romeo” like she said. | 如她所说 那人自称”罗密欧” |
[23:50] | But the guy dropped off the grid a few years ago. | 但他几年前洗手不干了 |
[23:53] | All right. | 好 |
[23:57] | What did Reynolds say about Max? | 马克思的事雷诺兹怎么说 |
[23:58] | There’s still no sign of him. | 依然没有他的消息 |
[24:01] | If he’s on the run, | 如果他离家出走了 |
[24:02] | First person I’d want to talk to is emily. | 第一个我想问的人就是艾米利 |
[24:07] | Bad boy fixated in finding the truth… | 坏男孩执意寻找真相 |
[24:10] | She probably feels like she’s known him her whole life. | 她很可能跟他一见如故呢 |
[24:14] | Hey. They haven’t found Max yet. | 嘿 他们还没找到马克思 |
[24:18] | No? Well, uh, | 没找到 哦 |
[24:20] | Where are the cops looking for him? | 警察去哪里找他了 |
[24:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:24] | You got any ideas on that? | 你觉得该去哪里找 |
[24:25] | Oh, sure. He’s at the secret hideout | 他一定是去了所有离家出走的孩子 |
[24:28] | Where all the teenage runaways go. | 都会去的那个秘密藏身处 |
[24:34] | He’s just some messed-up kid | 他只是个生活一团糟的 |
[24:36] | Who got screwed over. | 倒霉孩子 |
[24:39] | Uh, you should take that. | 你该接电话 |
[24:41] | -Really? -Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[24:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:47] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[24:48] | They found Max’s biological parents. | 他们找到马克思的亲生父母了 |
[24:50] | They’re bringing them in. | 正在带他们过来 |
[24:51] | Oh, th-that’s great. I mean, that’s great, right? | 噢 太棒了 太好了 |
[24:53] | Max is gone, though, and the state he was in when he ran, | 可马克思不在 他以这种心态离家出走 |
[24:56] | I mean, he could be about to do something | 很可能会做出不理智的事 |
[24:57] | that could ruin his entire future. | 毁了自己的前途 |
[25:01] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[25:12] | She knows where Max is. | 她知道马克思在哪里 |
[25:18] | Thanks for that. | 谢谢你 |
[25:19] | – Oh, for lying to Emily? – Yeah, | -谢我对艾米利说谎 -对 |
[25:22] | So I wouldn’t have to. | 这样我就不用骗她了 |
[25:28] | All right. Romeo’s real name is Ray Blake… | 好吧 罗密欧的真名是雷・布莱克 |
[25:30] | Narcotics distribution, assault, spent 8 years in prison. | 传播毒品 斗殴 关了8年监狱 |
[25:34] | Is there any family who might know where to find him? | 有可能知道他下落的家人吗 |
[25:36] | Well, he had a daughter, | 他有个女儿 但是她 |
[25:37] | But she died while blake was in prison. | 在布莱克蹲监狱的时候死了 |
[25:41] | They’ll be happy to see you no matter what… | 不管怎样 他们都会高兴见到你的 |
[25:45] | There he is. | 他来了 |
[25:46] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[25:48] | – Where are my real parents? – I didn’t find them. | -我的亲生父母呢 -还没找到 |
[25:51] | Found you, though. Thanks, Emily. | 但找到你了 谢谢你 艾米利 |
[25:56] | Now, I would have expected this kind of thing from him, | 如果是他 倒没什么奇怪 |
[25:58] | but you lied to me. | 可你居然也骗我 |
[26:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[26:01] | No, she did what she had to do to help Max. | 她这样做是为了帮马克思 |
[26:04] | – He was in trouble. – Help him? | -他碰到麻烦了 -帮他 |
[26:05] | You get his parents arrested, | 你让他们抓走了他父母 |
[26:07] | And then you make me lie to him | 还让我对他说谎 |
[26:08] | – To get him back here? – He’ll be safe here. | -骗他回来 -他在这里是安全的 |
[26:10] | Yeah, till you send him off to Foster Care. | 是啊 在你们把他送到寄养中心之前都安全 |
[26:12] | The FBI knows we have him. We will figure this out. | 联调局发现他在我们这里 我们再想办法 |
[26:14] | Now who’s he gonna trust? | 现在他还能信谁 |
[26:18] | Did you find Blake? | 找到布莱克了吗 |
[26:20] | All we’ve got is his old parole officer. That’s it. | 只找到他之前的假释官 |
[26:27] | Foster, come on. | 福斯特 走吧 |
[26:36] | Mr. Donnelly, you were the parole officer | 唐纳利先生 你做过雷・布莱克的 |
[26:38] | For a convict named Ray Blake, right? | 假释官 对吗 |
[26:40] | In my old life. | 那是以前了 |
[26:43] | Ray Blake? Yeah, he was a drug peddler. | 雷・布莱克 是的 他是个毒品贩子 |
[26:46] | Used to go by the name of Romeo. | 曾用名罗密欧 |
[26:48] | No logical reason why. | 没什么特别的理由 |
[26:50] | Do you have any idea where we could find him now? | 知道我们在哪里能找到他吗 |
[26:53] | Creep was a gambler. | 那混球是个赌棍 |
[26:55] | OTB in Bethesda was about the only place | 我想 贝塞斯达的马场外围赌局 |
[26:57] | I could ever count on finding him. | 是唯一能找到他的地方 |
[27:01] | You seem a little angry about your past life. | 你看起来对自己的过去有些愤懑 |
[27:04] | What, you didn’t like being a parole officer then? | 怎么 不喜欢当假释官吗 |
[27:08] | You know, my old boss sent me to the department shrink. | 我以前的上司曾送我去看心理医生 |
[27:11] | I don’t think I need another one. | 我想我不需要另一个了 |
[27:13] | How’d you end up in that chair? | 你怎么会坐上轮椅的 |
[27:17] | That’s a little personal. Don’t you think? | 这是个人隐私 你不觉得吗 |
[27:18] | Yeah, very personal, I’d say. | 是 的确很隐私 |
[27:21] | I got a game to get back to. | 我要回去打球了 |
[27:25] | Look. Either you did something really bad back then | 是你做了很坏的事得了报应 |
[27:28] | Or something really bad was done to you. Which was it? | 还是有人对你做了很坏的事 |
[27:31] | – That’s none of your business. – Yeah, it is. | -这不关你的事 -不 这关我事 |
[27:33] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[27:39] | Fine. 16 years ago, | 好吧 16年前 |
[27:41] | Somebody broke into my house, killed my wife, | 有人闯进了我家 杀害了我的妻子 |
[27:43] | Put a bullet in my back, and stole our baby son. | 朝我背上开了一枪 抢走了我的孩子 |
[27:51] | Ok, I broke the crowd into sectors. | 好了 我把人群分成了不同的部分 |
[27:53] | I followed 6 people at a time | 每次跟踪6个人 |
[27:55] | From the minute they showed up till the riot started. | 从他们到场直到发生骚乱 |
[27:57] | You find someone to pin it on? | 你找到可疑的人了 |
[28:00] | Watch this guy. | 看这人 |
[28:02] | He moves through the crowd. This guy grabs him, | 他穿过人群 这个人抓住了他 |
[28:04] | Pulls him back. A second later, | 把他推了回去 一秒之后 |
[28:05] | The sectors behind him surge forward. | 他后面的人群就向前涌动 |
[28:08] | Mob mentality takes over. | 群集心理占据了主导 |
[28:10] | Who do you think was in that stampede? | 你认为造成推挤的原因是什么 |
[28:12] | They weren’t peace-loving hippies, but… | 他们不是热爱和平的嬉皮士 而是 |
[28:14] | Working people, Loker… | 他们是工薪阶层 洛克尔 |
[28:16] | Parents who can afford game systems | 那些一年中只有特价这一天才买得起 |
[28:18] | And mp3 players one day a year. | 游戏机和MP3的父母们 |
[28:20] | They’re so desperate to make their kids happy, | 他们太希望让自己的孩子开心 |
[28:21] | They wake up at 4 A.M. Just to stand in line. | 于是凌晨4点起床 只为了能排上队 |
[28:23] | Yeah, you’re proving my point. | 对 你支持了我的观点 |
[28:24] | Contagion theory says crowds infect the people in them. | 根据传播理论 人群会对成员造成影响 |
[28:27] | Ok, you can dress it up with science all you want. | 你尽可以用科学做幌子 |
[28:29] | It’s still an agenda. | 但这仍不过是借口而已 |
[28:30] | You’re trying to impress Lightman. | 你想打动莱特曼 |
[28:32] | If I bring home 7 figures, he has to respect that. | 如果我能赚到7位数巨款 他总得重视我 |
[28:35] | Loker, I don’t know why Lightman | 洛克尔 我不知道为什么 |
[28:37] | Screws with you the way he does | 莱特曼要这样打击你 |
[28:38] | Or why he’s got it in for you. | 也不知道他为什么对你有偏见 |
[28:40] | But I wouldn’t get my hopes up about things changing. | 但是我不会对情况的转变抱太大希望 |
[28:42] | Let’s take Lightman out of it. | 这事与莱特曼无关 |
[28:45] | This video does not lie. | 这段录像不会说谎 |
[28:48] | Let’s go see the guy and see who’s right. | 那我们去见见这人 看谁是对的 |
[28:54] | Why were you cutting the line? | 你为什么要插队 |
[28:55] | Someone said the doors were opening. Guess I got excited. | 有人说门开了 可能我太激动了 |
[28:59] | Well, the look on your face isn’t excitement. | 你脸上的表情并不兴奋 |
[29:02] | It’s not even aggression. | 甚至没有急切 |
[29:05] | That’s panic. | 而是恐慌 |
[29:07] | You were afraid, before the stampede even started. | 在推挤开始之前 你就害怕了 |
[29:13] | My daughter… | 我女儿 |
[29:15] | I told her to stay close. And when I heard her crying… | 我告诉她跟紧我 当我听到她哭的时候 |
[29:19] | Look, it’s every parent’s worst nightmare. | 这是每个做父母的噩梦 |
[29:21] | Then the crowd starting moving before I could get to her. | 在我拽到她之前 人群就开始涌动了 |
[29:23] | – Is she ok? – She got knocked down. | -她没事吧 -她被推到了 |
[29:26] | Her arm’s broken in 3 places. | 手臂3处骨折 |
[29:28] | I don’t know what we’re gonna do about her hospital bills. | 我都不知道怎么付医院的账单 |
[29:30] | Well, she wasn’t hurt in that stampede, like you’ve claimed. | 你言有不实 她不是在推挤中受伤的 |
[29:34] | It happened before that, didn’t it? | 而是在那之前 对吗 |
[29:36] | – You think I hurt her? – No. | -你认为是我伤了她 -不 |
[29:39] | But I do think that you are an opportunist. | 但我认为 你想投机取巧 |
[29:45] | Look, just tell us the truth. How did she break her arm? | 告诉我们实情 她的手臂怎么骨折的 |
[29:48] | It wasn’t in the stampede, was it? | 不是在推挤中 对不对 |
[29:51] | She fell. | 她摔倒了 |
[29:55] | When I heard her crying, I paniced. | 听到她哭的时候 我很担心 |
[29:57] | I went looking for her. | 我去找她 |
[29:58] | And the crowd thought that you | 而其他人以为是你 |
[29:59] | Were breaking its first rule… | 最先打破了规则 |
[30:02] | Don’t cut the line. | 不要插队 |
[30:03] | Or they saw you moving forward and | 或者是他们看到你向前移动 |
[30:05] | Assumed the doors were opening. | 以为门已经开了 |
[30:06] | Either way, what they couldn’t contemplate | 无论哪种情况 以他们当时的状态 |
[30:08] | in that state of mind | 都不可能想到 |
[30:09] | Was a father rushing to help his daughter. | 是一个父亲冲去帮助他女儿 |
[30:12] | Ok, so what happened, | 好吧 那么这次事故 |
[30:14] | Those people who died… | 那些死去的人 |
[30:17] | It was my fault? | 都是我的错吗 |
[30:21] | He turned up this week. | 这周他出现了 |
[30:25] | Are you saying that you might have found my son? | 你是说你可能找到了我儿子 |
[30:28] | Alive? | 他还活着 |
[30:39] | That was his photo. | 这是他的照片 |
[30:44] | But they cleared all my parolees. | 但他们排除了我所有的假释犯 |
[30:46] | Well, Blake fooled them, apparently. | 显然是布莱克骗过了他们 |
[30:48] | When was the last time you saw Blake? | 你上一次见到布莱克是什么时候 |
[30:51] | Maybe a year or two before that night, maybe more. | 可能距那天晚上之前一两年 或者更久 |
[30:56] | I-i’d given him a random drug test that he failed. | 我给他做了个随机毒品测试 他没通过 |
[30:58] | Well, that’s what sent him back to prison. | 那让他再次回到监狱 |
[31:02] | Blake’s daughter died while he was serving that sentence. | 布莱克服刑期间 他女儿死了 |
[31:07] | I think he blamed you for breaking up his family. | 他认为是你毁了他的家庭 |
[31:09] | He left you to live with the pain, | 他让你活着承受痛苦 |
[31:11] | Just like he felt you did to him. | 就像他认为的你对他做的那样 |
[31:17] | Whatever. The… | 不管如何 |
[31:19] | The only thing that matters now is my son. | 现在唯一重要的是我的儿子 |
[31:22] | So, what, if the dna matches, he’ll come home? | 那么 如果DNA匹配 他能回来吗 |
[31:26] | That’s not up to us. | 那不由我们决定 |
[31:29] | Well, I’ve waited 16 years for this. | 为这一刻 我等了16年 |
[31:34] | If that’s my son, I want him back. | 如果他是我儿子 我想要他回来 |
[31:43] | Hey. I think we can put a bow on this one. | 我想这个案子可以结了 |
[31:45] | The man in the crowd started the stampede. | 在人群中的一个人引发了这场推挤 |
[31:47] | Well, shouldn’t we find out | 难道不该弄清楚 |
[31:48] | About Ken’s daughter before the stampede? | 推挤发生之前 肯的女儿怎么了 |
[31:50] | – Is that why we were hired? – No. | – 我们受雇查的是这个吗 – 不是 |
[31:52] | I think the client’s gonna be happy with your findings. | 我想客户会对你的发现很满意 |
[31:54] | They will be ecstatic. It’ll save ’em millions. | 他们会兴奋至极 这能帮他们省下一大笔钱 |
[31:56] | And it’s a pretty big payday for us. | 我们今天赚翻了 |
[31:59] | Well, I think you should take some of this windfall | 我想你们应该从中拿些提成 |
[32:01] | And have yourself a little celebration, both of you. | 好好庆祝一下 你们两个都是 |
[32:04] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[32:06] | As nauseating as it is for me to say this to you, Loker… | 尽管对你讲这个让我恶心 洛克尔 |
[32:12] | Well done. | 干得不错 |
[32:25] | Hey, I got the last table at Machalies’, 8 o’clock. | 我订到了马歇尔餐厅最后一桌 8点的 |
[32:29] | – We’re going big. – I’m gonna pass. | – 我们大吃一餐 – 我不去了 |
[32:32] | Lightman buying dinner is unprecedented. | 莱特曼请客 多难得 |
[32:42] | These families deserve to know | 那些家人有权知道 |
[32:43] | Why their loved ones died in a parking lot, Loker. | 他们所爱的人会为什么死在停车场 洛克尔 |
[32:45] | Look, we know what happened. | 我们知道事情原委了 |
[32:46] | Some customers blindly followed | 当肯向前挤的时候 |
[32:48] | when Ken pushed forward. | 一些顾客盲目地跟着向前挤 |
[32:50] | The others didn’t want to be displaced. | 其他的人不想被挤到后面 |
[32:51] | Either way, Ken was the stimulus. | 无论怎样 肯就是起源 |
[32:54] | How did his daughter break her arm? | 他女儿的手臂是怎么折的 |
[32:56] | I’ve been through the tapes dozens of times, | 我把这录像看了好几十遍 |
[32:58] | Before the stampede and after. | 从推挤开始到结束 |
[33:01] | There’s no evidence. | 没有任何证据 |
[33:03] | Then have a nice dinner. | 那祝你吃的开心 |
[33:31] | Hey. Taxi! | 出租车 |
[33:40] | I got you.*** | 抓到你了 |
[34:00] | What’s that glare? | 那是什么光 |
[34:01] | Where? | 哪儿 |
[34:04] | Right there, that light coming off the asphalt? | 就在那 柏油路上有反光 |
[34:06] | Yeah. What is that? | 是啊 那是什么 |
[34:21] | You want to meet your father? | 想见你父亲吗 |
[34:25] | Oh, here they are. | 他们来了 |
[34:29] | Max, this is your biological father | 马克思 这是你的生父 |
[34:33] | John Donnelly. | 约翰・唐纳利 |
[34:36] | John…Meet your son. | 约翰 这是你儿子 |
[34:52] | You have your mother’s eyes. | 你的眼睛像你母亲 |
[35:01] | Owen… | 欧文 |
[35:04] | Your name is Owen. | 你叫欧文 |
[35:12] | Is there anything you want to ask your father? | 有没有什么想问你父亲的 |
[35:17] | I play music. | 我玩音乐 |
[35:22] | I don’t know why I said that. | 不知道我为什么会说这个 |
[35:24] | I’d love to hear you play sometime. | 有机会的话我很想欣赏下 |
[35:27] | Do you know anything about music? | 你懂音乐吗 |
[35:30] | I don’t. Heh. | 我不懂 |
[35:35] | You like hockey, right, Mr. Donnelly? | 您喜欢曲棍球的 对吧 唐纳利先生 |
[35:38] | Yes. Yes. Yes. | 是啊 没错 没错 |
[35:40] | I have season tickets for The Capitals. | 我有铅笔头球队的季票 |
[35:42] | We could go next week. | 下周我们可以一起去 |
[35:45] | Uh, for your birthday. | 为你庆祝生日 |
[35:48] | Well, my birthday is in april. | 可我生日是4月 |
[35:52] | And I don’t play hockey anymore. | 况且我也不打曲棍球了 |
[35:55] | I quit. | 我退出了 |
[35:57] | Well, we–we don’t have to go. | 好吧 不想去就不去了 |
[35:59] | Yeah, you have the wrong person. | 你们找错人了 |
[36:01] | Hey, careful, son. | 别乱说 孩子 |
[36:06] | I’m your father, Owen. | 我是你父亲 欧文 |
[36:08] | No, this isn’t my dad. | 不 他不是我爸爸 |
[36:18] | Max? | 马克思 |
[36:20] | He doesn’t even know who I am. | 他根本不了解我 |
[36:22] | He loves you. He has this whole time. | 他爱你 他一直在找你 |
[36:24] | He just couldn’t find you. | 可是他找不到你 |
[36:26] | No, you got the people who really love me arrested. | 不 你们害得真正爱我的人被逮捕 |
[36:29] | Give him a chance. | 给他一个机会 |
[36:31] | All right? He wants you in his life. | 好吗 他希望生命中能有你 |
[36:32] | – I don’t want him. – Finally, the truth. | – 可我不想有他 – 看 这才是实话 |
[36:35] | – Cal… – No, he needs to hear it. | – 卡尔 – 不 难听我也得说 |
[36:37] | That man in there, that’s what you have. | 里面的那个人 好坏他都是你父亲 |
[36:40] | So, deal with it. | 所以 接受吧 |
[36:42] | Max, we care about you. | 马克思 我们关心你 |
[36:43] | I’m not your kid. Ok? | 我不是你的孩子 好不好 |
[36:45] | You want a kid, go have one of your own. | 你想要孩子 自己生一个 |
[36:47] | Want to lash out, do you? Well, go ahead. | 想单挑是吧 那来啊 |
[36:51] | Give me your best shot. | 尽管放马过来 |
[36:52] | *** | |
[36:56] | Come on. Give me your best shot. | 来啊 看看你有多能耐 |
[37:01] | Come on, then. Come on! | 来啊 来啊 |
[37:13] | Is that enough? | 发泄够了没 |
[37:15] | Come on boy. Come on boy. | 好了孩子 好了孩子 |
[37:17] | Is that enough? Oh, boy. | 够了吗 哦 孩子 |
[37:21] | We’re working out the details, but it looks like | 我们正在着手一些细节问题 不过目前看来 |
[37:23] | The settlement will be more in the neighborhood of | 与附近居民达成协议的话 |
[37:24] | 2 million, not 20 million. | 只需200万 用不着2000万那么多 |
[37:31] | Your findings were worth every penny. | 你们的发现物有所值 |
[37:38] | 1.8 million… | 180万 |
[37:39] | That’s a lot of zeroes. | 真是笔大数目 |
[37:43] | Ok. Before we take this, uh, | 接收这笔钱之前 |
[37:44] | We have a couple of outstanding questions. | 还有些没解决的问题要问你 |
[37:50] | Uh, what are your protocols for dealing with ice? | 你们怎么处理积雪 |
[37:54] | We salt. | 我们撒盐 |
[37:55] | You salted the parking lots and the sidewalks that morning? | 当天早晨在停车场和人行道都撒盐了吗 |
[37:57] | I’ll show you the inventory if you’d like. | 如果你愿意 可以看记录 |
[37:59] | That won’t be necessary. | 没那个必要 |
[38:02] | Classic evasion. | 经典套词 |
[38:05] | And you know what? We’ll pass on the bogus paper trail. | 告诉你 我们会上交这份伪证材料 |
[38:08] | If ken’s daughter doesn’t slip on the ice, | 如果肯的女儿没在冰上滑倒 |
[38:10] | He never pushes through the crowd. | 他就不会挤入人群 |
[38:11] | Couple that with your security guard’s negligence | 再加上你们保安的疏忽 |
[38:13] | And the mindset of the crowd, | 和人们现在的心态 |
[38:16] | You’ve got a perfect storm. | 您们面临着巨大的公关危机 |
[38:18] | If you’re looking to renegotiate, | 要是你们想重新协商 |
[38:21] | We can do that. | 没问题 |
[38:25] | This is what we found. | 这就是我们发现的真相 |
[38:26] | Then I’m glad we have a non-disclosure agreement. | 很高兴我们事先有签保密协议 |
[38:33] | You can use the whole report or none of it. | 报告你们要么全用 要么全不用 |
[38:36] | Or I’ll see that it leaks. | 否则我保证会泄密 |
[38:39] | And then you’ll have a tragedy and a cover-up. | 然后你们就麻烦大了 有得遮掩 |
[38:51] | We’ll use none of it. | 我们全不用 |
[39:02] | He can see me, can’t he? Donnelly? | 他能看见我 是吧 唐纳利 |
[39:06] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[39:07] | I came peacefully so he could see me. | 我不反抗就过来 就是为了让他看到我 |
[39:13] | Where did you find him? | 你们在哪找到他的 |
[39:14] | He was outside of a liquor store, | 他当时在家小酒店门外 |
[39:16] | Next to the otb that Donnelly mentioned. | 唐纳利提到过的赌场旁边 |
[39:18] | It’ll take a few weeks for the | 还需要好几周 |
[39:19] | FBI to confirm their DNA test. | 联调局才能确认DNA测试结果 |
[39:21] | Yeah, but if we can get a confession today, | 没错 但是如果他今天就供认了 |
[39:23] | You can go home with your father. | 你今天就能和你父亲回家了 |
[39:29] | Your daughter was taken | 你女儿从你身边 |
[39:31] | From you when she was… | 被带走时是 |
[39:33] | 6, right? And she died in foster care? | 6岁 她死在儿童寄养所 是吧 |
[39:41] | You’ve been waiting for this day, haven’t you, Mr. Blake? | 你一直等着这一天 是不是 布莱克先生 |
[39:43] | You think the best thing you could | 你认为你能为自己女儿 |
[39:45] | have done for your daughter | 做的最好的事 |
[39:46] | Was to avenge her death by stealing the son | 就是偷走 对她的死负有责任的人 |
[39:49] | Of the man responsible. | 的儿子 |
[39:50] | He should have let me keep her. | 他本该让我留下她的 |
[39:55] | I begged him. | 我求过他 |
[39:58] | You were going to jail for the rest of your life. | 你得在监狱里度过余生了 |
[40:00] | You know that, right? | 你清楚吧 |
[40:04] | What do you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么 |
[40:05] | The question really is, what do you want to say… | 真正的问题是 在你入狱前 |
[40:08] | To Donnelly before you disappear? | 想对唐纳利说些什么 |
[40:17] | My only regret through this whole thing | 自始至终 我唯一的遗憾就是 |
[40:20] | Is that you didn’t know who did this to you. | 你不知道是谁对你做了这些 |
[40:25] | Now you do. | 不过现在你知道了 |
[40:30] | So does his son. | 还有他的儿子 |
[40:32] | What? | 什么 |
[40:33] | The boy found him. His son found him. | 那男孩找到了他 他的儿子找到了他 |
[40:38] | They’re strangers. | 可他们根本不相识 |
[40:40] | Yeah, well, give them time, eh? | 没错 给他们点时间 |
[40:54] | You want to tell me how we went from a 7-figure payday | 要不要给我解释下 马上到手的百万报酬 |
[40:56] | – To nothing? – It wasn’t an ideal outcome… | – 怎么一下全没了 – 结果确实不尽如人意 |
[40:58] | No, it wasn’t. We can barely keep our heads above water. | 当然不如意 我们已经在勉强维持了 |
[41:00] | You decide to go ahead and sabotage | 你却不管不顾雪上加霜 |
[41:02] | a potential elephant account. | 砸了这么一大笔生意 |
[41:04] | I mean, what did you do? | 你都做了些什么 |
[41:05] | You put in 40 full hours on this? | 白忙了整整40小时 |
[41:08] | And then there’s Torres’ time? | 然后交给托勒斯了 |
[41:10] | You have any idea where that’s coming from? | 你知道自己在花谁的钱吗 |
[41:11] | – Your pocket. – Bloody right, my pocket! | – 你的 – 没错 我的 |
[41:14] | You promised me you’d deliver. | 你承诺要全力以赴的 |
[41:15] | Shifting blame from the guilty party… | 为罪恶的一方洗脱罪名 |
[41:17] | That wouldn’t have been the truth. | 这不是真相 |
[41:19] | You see, that choice… | 看哪 这样的选择 |
[41:21] | That choice… | 你这样的选择 |
[41:23] | That’s how you make your contribution to this firm. | 就是对我们团队的贡献之所在 |
[41:27] | We could go dark, for all I care. | 停电就停吧 我才不在乎 |
[41:29] | We follow the truth here. Right? | 我们唯一的宗旨就是真相 懂吗 |
[41:31] | No matter the cost to our egos or our wallets. | 不论精神上和金钱上付出怎样的代价 |
[41:35] | So, if I’d have taken the money… | 所以 我要是拿了那钱 |
[41:37] | I would have sacked you. | 我早开除你了 |
[41:40] | Hey, can I get one of those | 嘿 能不能再来点儿 |
[41:41] | “Attaboy” speeches from yesterday? | 昨天那种”好小子”表扬 |
[41:43] | I’ve run out. | 别想了 |
[41:47] | You think this co-custody thing can really work? | 你觉得共同监护能实现吗 |
[41:50] | 2 sets of parents is better than none. | 两对父母总比没有强 |
[41:54] | This is so screwed up. | 太混乱了 |
[41:56] | Just give it a chance. It’ll work itself out. | 试试看嘛 船到桥头自然直 |
[41:59] | When in doubt, I just do what she says. | 我犹豫不定时都听她的 |
[42:11] | Go on. Off you go, son. | 去吧 过去吧 孩子 |
[42:28] | Hell of a rabbit hole. | 果然是个兔子洞 |
[42:30] | We made it. | 我们成功了 |
[42:41] | So, have you forgiven us? | 你原谅我们了吗 |
[42:43] | I guess. Have you? | 我想是的 你呢 |
[42:46] | Well, you were protecting a friend, right? | 你也是为了保护朋友 是不是 |
[42:47] | So, you are your father’s daughter. | 有其父必有其女 |
[42:51] | Well, I know a little bit about how crazy families can be. | 是啊 不是一家人不进一家门 |
[42:55] | You think he’ll be all right? | 你认为他会幸福吗 |
[42:58] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:02] | Hope so. | 但愿吧 |
[43:06] | Maybe we should invite him to thanksgiving next year. | 也许明年感恩节我们应该请他来 |
[43:10] | He’d fit right in with us. | 他肯定和我们合得来 |
[43:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |