时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Victor? | 维克多 |
[00:05] | Victor, I need your help with something. | 维克多 我要你帮忙做点事 |
[00:07] | Honey, I got water boiling. | 亲爱的 我刚刚把水烧开 |
[00:10] | Dinner can wait. | 晚餐可以等 |
[00:25] | Want to help me out of this? | 想帮我脱掉吗 |
[00:43] | You know, you really make it hard on an old man. | 你真让我这老人进退两难 |
[00:46] | I do, don’t I? | 没错 不可以吗 |
[01:06] | How did I get so lucky? | 我怎会如此幸运 |
[01:08] | You didn’t. | 不是的 |
[01:10] | I’m using you for sex. | 我是在利用你满足性欲 |
[01:12] | I love you, Clara. | 我爱你 克莱拉 |
[01:13] | I love you more. | 我更爱你 |
[01:17] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一小时内回来 |
[01:19] | Where are you off to? | 你去哪 |
[01:22] | Strawberries. | 买草莓 |
[01:24] | Champagne. | 香槟 |
[01:28] | Don’t you leave this bed. | 别离开这床 |
[01:51] | Oh, my god, Leo. | 我的上帝 李欧 |
[01:55] | What am I going to do? | 我该怎么办 |
[02:04] | 17个月后 | |
[02:04] | Did you kill your husband?! | 是你杀害了自己的丈夫吗 |
[02:06] | No, I did not. I loved my husband. | 不 我没有 我爱我的丈夫 |
[02:07] | If you’re acquitted, you’ll be a billionaire. | 如果法庭叛逆无罪 你就是亿万富翁了 |
[02:09] | How does that make me feel? | 你对此有何感想 |
[02:10] | My client has no comment. | 我的当事人无可奉告 |
[02:12] | What’s it like sleeping alone now? | 现在独自入眠的感觉怎么样 |
[02:13] | By the way, how was the sex? | 顺便问一下 性爱方面怎么样 |
[02:15] | Get her inside. | 送她进去 |
[02:19] | What station are you from? | 你是哪个台的 |
[02:20] | Where are your credentials? | 你的证件在哪里 |
[02:21] | This is a public street in a free country. | 这是在自由国家的大街上 |
[02:23] | I don’t need credentials. | 我不需要证件 |
[02:25] | You’re no journalist. | 你不是记者 |
[02:26] | Someone told you to ask those questions. | 有人让你来问这些问题 |
[02:28] | Look. I’m just doing my job. | 听我说 我只是奉命行事 |
[02:30] | I think I can guess who for. | 我想我猜得到是谁 |
[02:35] | So, what are you getting off Mrs. Musso? | 你从穆索夫人那看到了什么 |
[02:37] | Well, it’s more sadness than guilt really. | 说实话 悲伤多过内疚 |
[02:40] | Well, the evidence is rock solid. | 但是铁证如山 |
[02:43] | There’s a partial print on a syringe containing cyanide. | 在含氰物的注射器上有不完整的指纹 |
[02:45] | There’s no sign of forced entry in her apartment. | 在她的公寓里没发现任何闯入的痕迹 |
[02:46] | And she is the primary beneficiary of the will. | 而且她还是遗嘱上的第一受益人 |
[02:49] | Well, you got all that going for you, Crosby. | 克罗斯比 该知道的你全知道了 |
[02:50] | I mean, what do you need me for? | 还要我来做什么 |
[02:52] | Never underestimate the value of an expert witness. | 永远不要低估一位专家证人的价值 |
[02:54] | Doc, you wanna do this? | 博士 你想接这案子吗 |
[03:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:01] | How was the sex? | 性爱怎么样 |
[03:04] | Oh, hello, Zoe. Well, it’s been a long time. | 你好 左伊 好久不见 |
[03:06] | What do you need? You need a reference? | 有什么需要 需要建议参考吗 |
[03:08] | I haven’t had any trouble getting offers so far. | 至少目前我还没任何困难 |
[03:11] | You sent one of your minions | 你派了你的一个手下 |
[03:12] | to ask vicious and personal questions to my client | 向我当事人询问充满恶意的私人问题 |
[03:14] | Just so you could read her reactions on tv. | 只是为了让你能在电视上看她的反应 |
[03:16] | I can’t hear you. No, can you say that again. | 我听不见 你能重复一遍吗 |
[03:19] | Hear me now? | 现在听见了吗 |
[03:22] | Clear as a bell. | 非常清晰 |
[03:23] | – Counselor. – Counselor. | -控方律师 -辩方律师 |
[03:25] | I’d like to speak with my ex-husband in private, if that’s all right. | 不介意的话 我想和我的前夫私下谈谈 |
[03:34] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[03:35] | I’d like an answer by the end of the business day, if you don’t mind. | 不介意的话 我想在今天下班之前得到答复 |
[03:37] | Otherwise, I gotta go to Rayder firm, | 你不接的话 我就去瑞达公司 |
[03:39] | and I don’t really want to do that. | 我真不想去 |
[03:40] | So? | 那么如何 |
[03:42] | Fair enough. | 明白了 |
[03:50] | Let me guess. | 让我猜一下 |
[03:51] | He wants you to be his expert witness? | 他想让你做他的专家证人 |
[03:53] | Yep. Your client is hiding something, Zoe. | 没错 你的当事人在遮掩什么 左伊 |
[03:56] | Probably of a sexual nature, | 很可能是性欲方面的 |
[03:58] | granted that is wishful thinking on my part. | 算是我一厢情愿的想法 |
[04:01] | But, you see how she’s bringing that hand up to her face? | 但你看到她把手放到脸上了吗 |
[04:03] | She’s got a secret. | 她有秘密 |
[04:04] | I will tear you apart on the stand, Cal. | 卡尔 我会让你在证人席完败 |
[04:06] | And you know it. | 你知道的 |
[04:08] | Nice charm, that is. | 魅力无穷 确实 |
[04:09] | So, you really think she didn’t kill her husband? | 那你真的相信她没杀害她丈夫吗 |
[04:11] | Yes, I do. | 的确 |
[04:13] | What makes you so sure? | 你凭什么那么肯定 |
[04:14] | All the evidence is circumstantial. | 所有的证据都是间接的 |
[04:15] | And as for motive, there is none. | 至于动机 真的没有 |
[04:16] | My client didn’t want for anything. | 我的当事人不想要任何东西 |
[04:19] | It was a loving and faithful marriage. | 这是一段充满爱和忠诚的婚姻 |
[04:22] | She got an alibi? | 她有不在场证明吗 |
[04:26] | How much is she paying you? | 她付你多少钱 |
[04:27] | Exactly what I’m worth. | 我值多少就付我多少 |
[04:29] | Well, drinks are on you then. | 那好 等会饮料算你的 |
[04:30] | Still…no alibi. | 仍然没有不在场证明 |
[04:34] | Well, the trauma of finding her husband dead | 发现她丈夫死去造成的心理创伤 |
[04:37] | Caused Clara to lose her memory for the 40 minutes | 让克莱拉失去了40分钟的记忆 |
[04:40] | Between the last time she | 就在她最后一次见他活着 |
[04:41] | saw him alive and when she discovered his body. | 到发现他尸体这段时间内 |
[04:47] | Look at it. I mean, really. | 看看她 说真的 |
[04:50] | She is pushing those tears out, she is. | 她正努力挤眼泪 千真万确 |
[04:53] | I mean, she’s faking it. | 她是装出来的 |
[05:00] | We both know that this “Science” Of yours | 你我都知 你的所谓的科学 |
[05:02] | Has a serious margin for error. | 有严重的误差范围 |
[05:04] | And it just won’t cut it in a court of law. | 而在法庭上它是不会被认可的 |
[05:06] | And what will? | 那法庭会认可什么呢 |
[05:07] | Tears for a dead husband that left her $1.2 billion? | 她为留给她12亿的死去丈夫挤出的泪水吗 |
[05:11] | I know why you’re doing this. | 我知道你为什么这么做 |
[05:12] | And you’re not going to get under my skin. | 你这么做激怒不了我 |
[05:14] | Or my skirt. | 也不会让我对你有兴趣 |
[05:15] | You know that’s a lie, that is. | 你在说谎 没错 |
[05:16] | I mean the skin part. | 就是生气的那部分 |
[05:18] | Is this funny to you? The most important case of my career? | 我职业生涯最重要的案子 这很好笑吗 |
[05:21] | I haven’t even taken the bloody job yet, Zoe. | 我还没正式接这案子呢 左伊 |
[05:24] | You know, unlike you, | 我不像你 |
[05:24] | I don’t need to have studied amazonian pigmies | 我不需要用六年的时间来研究 |
[05:26] | For 6 years to know that that’s a lie. | 亚马逊流域的矮人才得出它是一个谎言 |
[05:27] | You want me to do this. You do. | 你想让我接这案子 |
[05:29] | You don’t know why you do. But you do. | 你不知道为什么 但你确实想 |
[05:31] | Did I say “Serious margin for error”? | 我刚才说的是不是”严重的误差范围” |
[05:33] | I was being generous. | 其实那是客气的说法 |
[05:36] | Or couldn’t you tell. | 难道你听不出来吗 |
[05:38] | You know, it’s going to be a shame to disappoint you in the courtroom. | 真可惜 要在法庭上让你失望了 |
[06:14] | How can anyone think Clara killed her husband? | 为什么每个人都觉得是克莱拉杀了她丈夫 |
[06:16] | I’ve been friends with her for almost 10 years. | 我和她做了差不多十年的朋友 |
[06:18] | There’s no way she could have done this. | 她是绝不可能这么做的 |
[06:20] | Gotta love how everyone comes out of the woodwork on cases like this. | 每次有这种案子 都会跳出一票人说这种话 |
[06:23] | Well, they’ve gotta get their 15 minutes somehow. | 好吧 可至少填满了15分钟时间 |
[06:25] | By turning this woman’s life into a circus. | 通过把这女人的生活变成一出闹剧 |
[06:27] | Yeah. Well, we’re all part of that circus now. | 没错 我们现在是这出剧的一部分了 |
[06:29] | Prosecution. Foster, you’re prepping witnesses. | 这是起诉书 福斯特 你观察证人 |
[06:32] | You two, you get jury watch. | 你们俩 观察陪审团 |
[06:34] | You want us to read the jurors for the whole trial? | 你要我们观察整个大陪审团吗 |
[06:36] | Track ’em individually, see what makes them tick. | 先逐个观察 摸清他们在意什么 |
[06:38] | But then look at them as a group. | 然后作为整体观察 |
[06:39] | I want to know which way they’re leaning. | 我想知道他们的倾向 |
[06:40] | You know, the leaders, the followers. | 哪些人主导 哪些人跟风 |
[06:42] | Well, go on. | 干活吧 |
[06:49] | You’re not just doing this to push Zoe’s buttons. | 你这么做不只是为了激怒左伊 |
[06:51] | There’s something else going on here. | 还有其他的原因 |
[06:53] | This is about justice, Foster. | 这是为了公正 福斯特 |
[06:55] | There’s something else. Zoe-related. | 还有别的原因 与左伊有关的 |
[06:58] | Justice for a murder victim. | 为被谋杀者讨回公道 |
[07:00] | By avoiding my question, you just answered it. | 你逃避我的问题 正好证实了我的猜想 |
[07:03] | I just hope for all our sakes, you know what you’re doing. | 你清楚自己在做什么 这对我们都好 |
[07:05] | Join the club. | 彼此彼此 |
[07:09] | 6 of the jurors look convinced Clara is guilty | 6位陪审员在刚听完案件概述时 |
[07:11] | just from the opening arguments. | 就认定克莱拉有罪 |
[07:12] | You could see approval on their faces every time the prosecutor talked. | 每次公诉人发言 他们脸上都是赞同的表情 |
[07:16] | Maybe. But these 2 are for the defense. | 也许吧 但这两位是支持辩方的 |
[07:19] | And they’ve already emerged as leaders. | 而且他们显然已是团里的领导 |
[07:21] | Jurors 6, 7, and 11 were looking at them the whole time, | 陪审员6号 7号和11号一直注意着他们 |
[07:23] | gauging their reaction. | 揣测他们的反应 |
[07:24] | Which way you two leaning? | 你们倾向哪一方 |
[07:26] | Maybe he wasn’t dying fast enough for her. | 或许她是嫌他死得不够快 |
[07:28] | I mean, the guy was 30 years older than she is. | 我是说 这老头比她足足大了30岁 |
[07:31] | – So? – So… | -那又怎样 -因此 |
[07:33] | It can affect the power dynamic. | 这主导了权利的动态平衡 |
[07:35] | Imbalance of power in a relationship can lead to victimization. | 感情中主权的不平等就导致欺骗 |
[07:38] | Oh, that struck a nerve. | 哇 正中要害 |
[07:40] | That’s interesting. | 很有意思 |
[07:42] | Studies show that the most successful marriages are the ones | 研究表明 成功的婚姻往往是 |
[07:45] | where husbands are at least 5 years older than their wives. | 那些丈夫要比妻子大5岁以上的 |
[07:47] | So, being with an older man broadens your horizons, does it? | 年长的丈夫更能开阔你的视野 是吗 |
[07:52] | I’m sure Clara learned a lot from Victor. | 克莱拉肯定跟着维克多学了不少 |
[07:56] | Yeah. I’m sure she did… about denture cream. | 没错 她肯定学了不少假牙套 |
[07:58] | You see, you’re not listening, again. | 你看你又没听明白 |
[08:00] | Loker, what Torres is saying | 洛克尔 托勒斯是说 |
[08:02] | is that she needs to be stimulated and challenged by experience. | 她喜欢阅历丰富的男人 更有挑战 |
[08:07] | So, who was this old fart then, eh? | 那个傻老头是谁 |
[08:11] | I was talking about Clara. | 我说的是克莱拉 |
[08:12] | Nah. You weren’t. | 不 才不是 |
[08:15] | You connected with a memory, | 你想起了一段往事 |
[08:16] | which I proceeded to belittle. | 所以有点自卑 |
[08:20] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[08:26] | Oh, you cannot sing the praises of older men | 你可不能一边为老头子唱赞歌 |
[08:29] | and then not give up details. | 脸上还一点也不表现出来 |
[08:31] | Watch me. | 走着瞧 |
[08:40] | All right. | 好啊 |
[08:41] | What? You couldn’t take me one-on-one? | 怎么 不敢跟我一对一吗 |
[08:42] | Nah. Been there, done that. | 不敢 我知道斗不过你 |
[08:45] | I promise to play nice today. | 我保证今天会给你留点面子 |
[08:47] | Last time you said that you left claw marks. | 上次你还说要让我体无完肤呢 |
[08:51] | Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 你愿向神起誓 一切据实禀告 |
[08:53] | And nothing but the truth, so help you god? | 毫不欺瞒 如实回答吗 |
[08:55] | That’s not possible. | 那是不可能的 |
[08:56] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[08:57] | Well, no one can tell the whole truth, your honor. | 无人能知晓一切真相 法官大人 |
[09:00] | I mean, it’s subjective. | 所有陈述都是主观的 |
[09:01] | It’s filtered through our own experiences. | 都受到个人经历的影响 |
[09:04] | And that’s the real truth. | 这才是真理 |
[09:05] | Well, how about promising to be honest to the best of your ability? | 既然如此 你可以宣誓保证尽你所能地诚实 |
[09:09] | Now, you’re talking. | 这才像话 |
[09:11] | – Please, be seated. – Thank you, your honor. | -请坐吧 -谢谢 法官大人 |
[09:13] | Dr. Lightman, your resume speaks for itself. | 莱特曼博士 您的简历就说明了一切 |
[09:15] | You’re Oxford educated. You’re a doctorate in psychology. | 您毕业于牛津 获得心理学博士学位 |
[09:17] | And you’re a consultant for the FBI. | 您是联调局的顾问 |
[09:19] | As you well know, the key question in this trial is | 您很清楚 本次庭审的关键问题就是 |
[09:22] | where was Clara Musso the night her husband was murdered? | 案发当晚 克莱拉・穆索在哪里 |
[09:25] | The defense wants us to believe | 辩护方要我们相信 |
[09:28] | that the trauma of finding her husband dead | 穆索夫人的丧夫之痛 |
[09:31] | has left Mrs. Musso unable to recall the 40 minutes | 使她无法想起从离开他到发现他尸体 |
[09:35] | between leaving him and discovering his corpse. | 这40分钟内发生的事情 |
[09:39] | Dr. Lightman, in your expert opinion, | 莱特曼博士 从您的专业角度 |
[09:41] | does this claim of memory loss pass the sniff test? | 像这种失忆的说法站得住脚吗 |
[09:45] | No. | 不 |
[09:47] | Could you elaborate? | 您能说详细些吗 |
[09:48] | Yeah. | 行 |
[09:50] | It’s been proven that some trauma… | 事实证明 有些伤害 |
[09:52] | warfare, child abuse… | 比如经历战乱或儿童时期遭受虐待 |
[09:55] | can cause memory loss. | 都能导致失忆 |
[09:56] | Do you have experience with such cases? | 您接触过此类事件吗 |
[09:58] | Yeah. Plenty. | 当然 不少 |
[09:59] | I’ve worked with soldiers, rape victims. | 我曾接触过士兵 强奸受害人 |
[10:03] | Memory loss is caused by degradation or abuse. | 失忆可由堕落或者虐待引起 |
[10:07] | Shock of a dead spouse, I mean, that’d be a first. | 可发现配偶死亡受到的惊吓 闻所未闻 |
[10:11] | How about a shock of committing murder? | 那因杀人而受到的惊吓呢 |
[10:13] | Killers have been known to experience amnesia. | 确实有发现谋杀犯有这种失忆的症状 |
[10:16] | Forensic psychologists call it red out. | 法医心理学家称之为红视 |
[10:20] | How common is it to lie, claiming memory loss? | 谎称失忆的这种情况常见吗 |
[10:23] | Well, 9 out of 10 people claiming memory loss are lying. | 自称失忆的人中90%都在撒谎 |
[10:25] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么这么做 |
[10:27] | Well, it’s easier to say, “I can’t remember.” | 因为说句”我不记得了” |
[10:30] | than tell the truth. | 要比说出真相容易得多 |
[10:33] | I have nothing further. | 我没有问题了 |
[10:36] | Your witness, counselor. | 该你提问了 辩方律师 |
[10:40] | Permission to treat Dr. Lightman as a hostile witness? | 是否允许将莱特曼博士视作敌意证人 |
[10:43] | – Granted. – Dr. Lightman! | -允许 -莱特曼博士 |
[10:44] | I’m sorry. Won’t happen again, your honor. | 对不起 下次不会了 法官大人 |
[10:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:49] | Dr. Lightman was born hostile. | 莱特曼博士生来就充满敌意 |
[10:50] | He also happens to be my ex-husband. | 恰巧他也是我的前夫 |
[10:52] | Guilty as charged. | 罪名成立 |
[10:55] | But, you know, it was my loss. | 离婚是我的损失 |
[10:56] | ’cause truly she is an angel. | 因为她真的是个天使 |
[11:01] | The prosecution has touted your credentials, Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 法庭传唤你作证是因为你的专业 |
[11:04] | Are we to understand that you possess the gift | 我们是否可以这样以为 |
[11:06] | of being able to distinguish between truth and lies? | 你具有分辨真相与谎言的天赋 |
[11:09] | No. No. 20 years of research is not a gift, is it? | 不不 20年的苦心研究可不是天赋 |
[11:12] | You and I know, it’s a bit of a curse, really. | 你我都明白 这其实是一种诅咒 |
[11:15] | Indeed it was. | 确实没错 |
[11:17] | In fact, do you recall being jeered off the stage | 事实上 你是否记得2005年你在 |
[11:20] | while keynoting the Harvard Global Psychology Conference in 2005? | 哈佛全球心理研讨会上被人嘲笑下台的事 |
[11:24] | Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I do. Yeah! | 当然 当然 我当然记得 |
[11:25] | Yeah, and it’s bonkers. | 当时真是疯狂 |
[11:27] | Right? Because I could have sworn that they were cheering. | 不是吗 我敢说他们那是在欢呼呢 |
[11:31] | They called it pop psychology. | 他们称之为流行心理学 |
[11:33] | Voodoo science. | 伏都教[西非原始宗教]的伪科学 |
[11:35] | I think it’s because they’re scared of me. | 我觉得那是因为他们害怕我 |
[11:38] | 4 years ago when we were still married, | 4年前 我们还没离婚时 |
[11:40] | You accused my boss of sleeping with me. | 你指控我的老板跟我上床 |
[11:42] | The gloves are coming off now, eh? | 这回玩真的了 |
[11:44] | Objection! Your honor, that’s immaterial. | 反对 法官大人 这与本案无关 |
[11:45] | Dr. Lightman, last warning. | 莱特曼博士 最后一次警告 |
[11:47] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[11:48] | Didn’t it come out eventually that my boss… | 结果还不是发现我的老板 |
[11:51] | a man… was in fact gay? | 其实是男同性恋吗 |
[11:54] | Yeah. Yeah, it did. | 是啊 没错 |
[11:56] | Yeah. I was way off the mark on that one. | 那件事我确实过分了 |
[11:59] | But I mean, I was jealous. I was young. | 但是 那时我嫉妒至极 年轻气盛 |
[12:03] | I was head over heels in love. You know. | 被你迷得神魂颠倒 疯狂爱着你 |
[12:05] | By day I’m a scientist. But by night, I’m fallible. | 白天我是科学家 夜里我是会犯错误的人类 |
[12:10] | I’m only human. | 人非圣贤 |
[12:11] | Well, I’m not questioning your humanity. | 好了 我没怀疑你的人性 |
[12:13] | And certainly not your fallibility. | 也没说你不会犯错 |
[12:14] | Oh, that’s a relief. | 我放心了 |
[12:15] | You are here because of your expertise | 你在这儿是因为你在心理学 |
[12:17] | in psychology and lying. | 和识谎方面的专业 |
[12:19] | I’m challenging that | 我要质疑的是 |
[12:20] | your flagrant manipulation of the jury notwithstanding. | 你明目张胆地混淆陪审团的视听 |
[12:23] | Ok. But when you say that your client is innocent, | 好吧 但当你说你的当事人是清白的时 |
[12:26] | you don’t fully believe that. | 你并不完全相信 |
[12:27] | Again, you misjudge my thoughts | 你又判断错了 |
[12:28] | because I know my client is innocent. | 因为我知道我的当事人是清白的 |
[12:30] | Why don’t you want to hear the science then? | 你为何不愿听科学的解释呢 |
[12:32] | Your testimony is limited to scientific context | 你的证据仅限于科学研究 |
[12:36] | not specific opinions on who’s lying. | 而不能断定谁在撒谎 |
[12:39] | All right, well you want to hear the whole truth? | 好啊 既然你想知道全部的真相 |
[12:40] | That woman over there… your client… | 那个女人 你的当事人 |
[12:42] | The black widow over there… | 那个黑寡妇 |
[12:43] | Control yourself! | 冷静 |
[12:44] | When she says she doesn’t know happened in that 40 minutes… | 她说她不知道那四十分钟发生了什么的时候 |
[12:45] | Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 |
[12:46] | Please control yourself. | 请你冷静 |
[12:47] | Well, she’s lying. And that’s a fact. | 她在撒谎 这假不了 |
[12:48] | Control yourself or I will have the judge control you! | 请你自制 否则我会请法官制裁 |
[12:51] | Her? Do me a favor, look at her. | 帮帮忙 你看她 |
[12:53] | She’s having a tough enough time controlling herself. | 她自个儿都快控制不住了 |
[12:55] | Marshall, please remove this witness | 庭警 请带离证人 再这样下去 |
[12:57] | before I hold him in contempt. | 我将以藐视法庭罪拘留他 |
[12:59] | I mean, look at her. Bulging eyes, | 说真的 看看她 眼睛肿胀 |
[13:01] | the guilt all over her face. | 脸上写满罪恶感 |
[13:02] | I think it’s the booze. | 我觉得是喝了酒的缘故 |
[13:03] | Get him out of here! | 把他带出去 |
[13:04] | I could sue you, you know. | 我可以起诉你 |
[13:08] | Quiet! | 肃静 |
[13:18] | Oh. Hello, darling. | 你好呀 亲爱的 |
[13:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:26] | I hope that was part of a careful plan in there. | 我希望你唱的那一出是你周详计划的一部分 |
[13:28] | Careful’s for lawyers and accountants, right? | 周详是律师和会计的活儿 对吧 |
[13:29] | I think it’s very interesting of her | 刚才我叫她黑寡妇 |
[13:31] | when I called her a black widow, | 她的反应很有意思 |
[13:33] | She got a little pout. | 她撅嘴了 |
[13:35] | Her feelings were hurt. | 她的感情受到了伤害 |
[13:36] | – Really? – Surprising. | -是吗 -惊讶吗 |
[13:37] | Shocking, huh? | 震惊呐 |
[13:39] | I’m heading back to the office to prep more witnesses. | 我要赶回办公室给其他证人做准备 |
[13:41] | You coming? | 你来吗 |
[13:42] | No, I gotta see a man about a dog. | 不了 我得在这儿看场好戏 |
[13:43] | I’ll catch up with you. | 我一会赶上你 |
[13:44] | Ok. Behave. | 好 注意言行 |
[13:59] | Hey, you need a lawyer? No, I’m only joking. | 需要律师吗 哈 开玩笑呢 |
[14:03] | What judge you got? | 你哪个法官审 |
[14:04] | Denton. Why? | 丹顿 怎么了 |
[14:05] | Oh, Senton. He’s a complete softy. | 丹顿 他是个十足的软柿子 |
[14:06] | He’s a pushover. | 一捏就烂 |
[14:07] | He’s a bleeding heart liberal, vegetarian. | 软心肠的自由派 食草动物 |
[14:10] | I mean, the most you’re looking | 要我说 他顶多判你个 |
[14:11] | at there is a slap on the wrist. Well done. | 轻微处罚 你真走运 |
[14:12] | No. No. I didn’t do anything. It was that guy. | 不不 我什么也没干 是那家伙 |
[14:16] | He mugged my wife. | 他抢劫了我妻子 |
[14:18] | Really? | 真的 |
[14:19] | I’m sorry about that. | 非常遗憾 |
[14:21] | I mean, it’s just luck of the draw. | 这种事没办法 谁碰上谁倒霉 |
[14:23] | I mean, keep your chin up. | 我是说 你得振作起来 |
[14:35] | That was my wife! That was my wife! | 那可是我的妻子 |
[14:37] | Come on! Let me go! | 放手 放开我 |
[14:42] | Shouldn’t my lawyer be here if you’re going to talk to me? | 你要跟我说话不应该等我律师在场吗 |
[14:45] | Three’s a crowd, love. | 三个人挤得慌 小可爱 |
[14:46] | – Excuse me? – Don’t get me wrong. | -你说什么 -别误会 |
[14:49] | She’s a terrific lawyer. | 她是个出色的律师 |
[14:51] | She’s really top-notch. And I mean that. | 水平一流 我是说真的 |
[14:54] | Seems there’s a lot of | 看来你和你前妻之间 |
[14:55] | chemistry there between you and your ex-wife. | 有不少恩怨情仇哇[原意化学] |
[14:58] | Well, there’s a lot of chemistry in Chernobyl. | 切尔诺贝利的化学物质才叫多 |
[15:03] | You know what’s interesting, Dr. Lightman. | 你知道什么才叫有趣吗 莱特曼博士 |
[15:04] | We both have something in common. | 你我有共同之处 |
[15:06] | Oh yeah. | 哦是吗 |
[15:07] | We both married up. | 我们都结过婚 |
[15:12] | You really miss him, do you? | 你真的很想他 是不是 |
[15:14] | Victor? | 你的维克多 |
[15:15] | You’re the expert. | 你是专家 |
[15:16] | When I say I loved my husband, what do you see? | 我说我爱我丈夫 你看出来什么 |
[15:19] | Well, you can love a man and kill him. | 爱一个人不意味着你不会杀死他 |
[15:23] | or have him killed. | 或雇人杀死他 |
[15:28] | Look me in the eye | 看着我的眼睛 |
[15:29] | and tell me you believe I killed my husband. | 说你相信我杀了我丈夫 |
[15:41] | Tell me about those 40 minutes you can’t remember. | 和我说说你自称失忆的40分钟 |
[15:46] | Find whoever murdered Victor and I’ll tell you whatever you want. | 找出杀害维克多的凶手 我会告诉你任何事情 |
[15:49] | Oh, I see. You got someone in mind then. | 看出来了 你已经想到嫌疑犯了 |
[15:51] | Victor gave me more than I ever wanted. | 维克多给了我不曾想过的 |
[15:54] | We were partners in everything. | 我们事事都形影不离 |
[15:55] | All the charities. | 一起经营慈善事业 |
[15:56] | I converted to catholicism so I could share that with him too. | 我改信天主教也是为了和他同好 |
[15:59] | Why would I end that? | 我怎么会结束这一切 |
[16:02] | What the hell is going on?! | 这是在干嘛 |
[16:05] | I’m tampering with your client. | 我在干预你的当事人 |
[16:06] | He always this relentless? | 他总是这样无理取闹吗 |
[16:07] | To the point of self-destruction. Officer! | 简直到自取灭亡的地步 警官 |
[16:12] | You wanted your father’s money, didn’t you?! | 你想得到你父亲的钱 是不是 |
[16:14] | You were desperate and you wanted his money | 你绝望了 想要他的钱 |
[16:15] | So, you framed your stepmother. | 所以你陷害了你的继母 |
[16:17] | The hell I did! That’s crazy! | 见鬼我做了 疯话连篇 |
[16:19] | See, that’s wrong. | 看到没 这不对 |
[16:20] | I mean the worst thing you | 最不该做的就是 |
[16:21] | can do is match your questioner’s intensity. | 跟提问者冲撞对抗 |
[16:23] | Instead give a firm, deliberate answer. | 相反 应该给出一个深思熟虑而坚定的回答 |
[16:27] | Here, watch. | 看这个 |
[16:30] | The reforms I’m proposing | 我提议的改革 |
[16:32] | would not apply to those who are here illegally. | 将不适用于非法居民 |
[16:34] | You lie! | 你说谎 |
[16:38] | It’s not true. | 这不是事实 |
[16:40] | The president clenches his jaw, slight hints of anger, | 总统先生微缩下巴 表现出一丝恼怒 |
[16:44] | But then he modulates his voice and folds his hands. Ok. | 但马上他调整自己的语调 两手叠起 |
[16:48] | Now, Mr. O’sullivan, did you murder Victor Musso? | 奥沙利文先生 你是否杀害了维克多・穆索 |
[16:52] | Certainly not. | 当然没有 |
[16:53] | Good. Simple. Direct. | 好 简单 直接 |
[16:56] | Truthful. | 真实 |
[16:57] | See, I know how to handle myself under pressure, Dr. Foster. | 我知道如何在压力下控制自己 福斯特博士 |
[17:00] | I was Vic’s right hand for 25 years. | 我做维克的左右手有25年了 |
[17:03] | Riding his coattails for 25 years. | 把他当靠山25年了 |
[17:06] | I was CFO for a “Fortune 500” company. | 我是财富500强企业的财务总监 |
[17:11] | One last tip. | 最后个小提示 |
[17:12] | Women require more eye contact than men | 女性比男性更需要眼神交流 |
[17:15] | to feel a connection. | 来和对方沟通 |
[17:16] | So, I want you both to focus your attention | 所以 我要你们把注意力集中在 |
[17:20] | on the female jurors. | 女性陪审员身上 |
[17:22] | Got it? | 明白了吗 |
[17:24] | Anything to put that gold-digger away. | 只要能把那个骗钱的女人抓起来怎样都行 |
[17:27] | Where was that loyalty when your father was alive? | 你爸爸活着时你这份孝心哪儿去了 |
[17:29] | Hey, she came onto me, ok?! | 是她找上我来的 懂吗 |
[17:39] | Well, since it was my client you illegally tampered with, | 介于你非法干预的是我的当事人 |
[17:43] | Judge Quinn has given me the authority | 奎恩法官授予我权力 |
[17:45] | to either keep you in here or release you. | 来决定是把你关在这儿还是放你出去 |
[17:47] | Oh yeah? You bought her a drink or 3 then? | 是吗 你给她买了杯饮料还是给了她什么甜头 |
[17:49] | Give me one good reason I should let you out of here. | 给我一个应该放你的恰当理由 |
[17:52] | One good reason, all right. | 要个恰当理由 好吧 |
[17:53] | Yeah. Just one. | 对 一个就行 |
[17:55] | How about you need me? | 你觉得 你需要我这个理由怎么样 |
[18:02] | You know, a room like this | 知道吗 当初家里要是有个这样的房间 |
[18:03] | in our house could have saved our marriage. | 说不定能挽救我们的婚姻 |
[18:07] | Goodbye, Cal. | 再会 卡尔 |
[18:13] | Your client’s innocent, by the way. | 顺便告诉你 你的当事人是清白的 |
[18:15] | I found out while I was tampering with her. | 我干预她时看出来的 |
[18:18] | Think I’ll take a nap. | 我看我打个盹儿好了 |
[18:24] | Don’t pretend you don’t need my help, Cal. | 别假装你不需要我帮你 卡尔 |
[18:28] | Why do you do it? | 你干吗做这些 |
[18:29] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[18:30] | You know, keep forcing us together like this. | 像这样总是勉强把我们粘在一起 |
[18:32] | Paging Dr. Kinsey. | 去问金赛博士 |
[18:35] | Do you want to switch to my side? | 你想换到我这一方来吗 |
[18:38] | What? And stop all this fun we’re having here? | 干吗 我们玩得这么开心岂能错过 |
[18:39] | You must be joking. | 你别逗了 |
[18:40] | The fact of the matter is, your client’s innocent | 事实上 你的当事人是清白的 |
[18:43] | and the jury are about to convict her. | 而陪审团正准备给她判罪 |
[18:45] | – No, they’re not. – Yeah, they are. | -哪有 他们不会的 -有 他们会 |
[18:47] | Please. | 拜托 |
[18:48] | Fair enough. You’re the boss. | 也算合理 这会儿你做主 |
[18:49] | Stop it. | 闭嘴 |
[18:50] | A little role playing never hurt anyone. | 小人物自娱自乐与人无害 |
[18:53] | I should let you rot in here. | 我应该让你在这自生自灭 |
[18:55] | Can’t argue with you there, darling. | 那就不能和你斗嘴了 亲爱的 |
[19:00] | Marshall, here’s the authorization | 厅警 这是释放他的授权书 |
[19:02] | for what I’m sure will be a huge mistake. | 虽然我确定放他是个错误 |
[19:10] | Clara didn’t care about me. | 克莱拉根本不在乎我 |
[19:11] | She didn’t care about my father. | 也不在乎我父亲 |
[19:12] | She just wanted his money. | 她只想着他的钱 |
[19:14] | All right, let’s pretend the jury’s watching. Ok? | 好吧 我们来模拟一个有陪审团的情景 |
[19:19] | Now, tell them exactly how Clara seduced you. | 跟他们说克莱拉是怎么勾引你的 |
[19:23] | It was a week after she had interviewed my dad | 那是她与我父亲面试商谈 |
[19:26] | about the clinics he built in Africa. | 在非洲开设诊所的一周后 |
[19:29] | She was at our ranch. | 她跑到我家农场 |
[19:31] | I didn’t know that they had already become involved. | 那时我不知道他们已经搞到一起了 |
[19:33] | She wanted a tour. | 她想找个导游 |
[19:34] | I was showing her the wine cellar. | 我带她去酒窖参观 |
[19:37] | And that’s when it happened. | 就是那时候的事 |
[19:38] | All right. That was good eye contact and posture, Damien. | 多米尼 你的眼神和姿势都没问题 |
[19:41] | But remember, fold your hands to avoid fidgeting. | 但是记住握住双手可以避免烦躁 |
[19:45] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[19:46] | How many times did you have sex? | 你们之间做过多少次爱 |
[19:50] | Maybe 6 or 7. | 大概6到7次吧 |
[19:53] | The maybe undercuts your credibility with the jurors. | 大概这个词会让陪审团觉得你可信度不够 |
[19:57] | Especially with these 2. | 尤其是这二位 |
[20:00] | All right. | 好吗 |
[20:01] | Give them a specific number. | 你要告诉他们一个确切的数字 |
[20:02] | 7. | 7次 |
[20:04] | But when she found out that I didn’t have any money | 当她发现我当时手里根本没有钱 |
[20:07] | and that it was all in a trust until I was 40, | 要到40岁才能从信托公司取出来时 |
[20:09] | She dumped me. The next thing I know, | 她就不理我了 随后我就听说 |
[20:12] | She’s engaged to my father. | 她和我父亲订婚了 |
[20:14] | And he is changing his will. | 接着就是我父亲改了遗嘱 |
[20:17] | Where was the last place you and clara had sex? | 你们最后一次做爱是在什么地方 |
[20:22] | I don’t know. They all kind of run together. | 我记不清了 好多事混杂在一起 |
[20:24] | Let’s get some caffeine. It always helps me focus. | 咱们喝点咖啡吧 能让人集中精力 |
[20:34] | So, tell me what happened in the wine cellar. | 跟我说说在酒窖发生的事 |
[20:36] | I was showing her my dad’s collection, | 我给她看我爸爸的收藏品 |
[20:38] | And she asked to see my belt buckle. | 接着她就要看我的皮带扣 |
[20:41] | And you took it off or did she? | 是你自己解开的还是她 |
[20:43] | She did. | 她解开的 |
[20:48] | Help yourself. | 随意吧 |
[20:50] | All right, you just watch the images. | 你只需要看那些图片 |
[20:52] | And we’ll monitor your reactions on the outside. | 我们会在外面监视你的反应 |
[20:56] | Give me the finger. | 把手伸过来 |
[20:57] | Ah, that’s charming isn’t it? | 很好看 不是吗 |
[20:59] | Are you this hands-on with all your clients? | 你对所有的客户都这样亲力亲为吗 |
[21:02] | Well, I’m not afraid to get a little dirty when necessary. | 必要的情况下 我不介意做些杂活 |
[21:06] | All right, so you… | 那你… |
[21:07] | Say you didn’t kill your husband. | 说你的丈夫不是你杀的 |
[21:08] | I believe you’re innocent. | 我相信你是无辜的 |
[21:10] | Well, I can’t say this feels like a vote of confidence. | 可我怎么不觉得你这是在支持我 |
[21:14] | Well, you still don’t remember what happened that night, | 你仍然想不起来那晚发生什么事了吗 |
[21:17] | So, a few faces from the case might jog your memory. | 这几个人可能会唤起你的记忆 |
[21:22] | Have fun. | 好好享受 |
[21:27] | How is this supposed to help jog her memory? | 靠这个怎么能唤起她的记忆 |
[21:29] | It’s not. It’s nonsense. | 当然不能 这是骗人的把戏 |
[21:30] | But since she’s lying to us about those 40 minutes, | 可那40分钟的事她没跟咱们说实话 |
[21:33] | We’re coming at it from another angle. | 我们就得换个招数 |
[21:35] | Oh, flag that one. | 把这张图标记一下 |
[21:38] | Contempt when she looks at Damien. | 她看到多米尼时表情很轻蔑 |
[21:40] | Well, your stepson says you’re sleeping together | 继子说她在和他老爸上床的同时 |
[21:42] | the same time you’re bedding daddy… that can bring contempt. | 还跟自己有一腿 轻蔑是再正常不过的反应 |
[21:45] | Yeah, and in my country, a new member of the royal family. | 放在我们英国 她可以嫁入皇室了 |
[21:47] | Flag that one. | 那张也标记一下 |
[21:50] | Push in on her hand. | 放大显示她的手 |
[21:54] | Who’s that woman she’s reacting to? | 这个让她有反应的女人是谁 |
[21:56] | That’s Tanya Wilson. It’s a close friend of Clara’s. | 她叫塔亚尼・威尔森 是克莱拉的密友 |
[21:58] | She comes to court every day to support her. | 她每天都到法庭来支援她 |
[22:01] | Well, that hand closing like that…is anger. | 握拳表示她很愤怒 |
[22:08] | What happened in the 40 minutes you left Victor? | 你离开维克多之后的40分钟发生了什么 |
[22:10] | What? I…I don’t remember. | 什么 我不记得了 |
[22:12] | That’s bullocks, Clara. | 胡说八道 克莱拉 |
[22:13] | Do you know who killed your husband? | 你知道是谁杀了你丈夫吗 |
[22:14] | You know I don’t. That’s enough, Cal. | 你知道我不知道 够了 卡尔 |
[22:16] | Too right it is. | 的确够了 |
[22:18] | You’re lying. I can’t help you. | 你说谎 我帮不了你 |
[22:28] | Uncooperative witness… that’s common. | 不配合的证人 很常见 |
[22:30] | Uncooperative client… that’s rare. | 不配合的委托人 凤毛麟角 |
[22:33] | Well, Crosby hired us as experts. | 克罗斯比雇我们是因为我们很专业 |
[22:34] | Can’t you just tell her you’re sure she didn’t do it? | 难道就跟他说你确定她没杀人吗 |
[22:36] | It’s a matter of pride for Crosby at this point. | 这关系到克罗斯比的尊严 |
[22:39] | You know, what passes for truth in a courtroom | 在法庭上被当做真相的 |
[22:42] | isn’t necessarily the whole truth. | 不一定是全部的真相 |
[22:45] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[22:46] | Out. | 躲开 |
[22:49] | Clara was trying to hide her anger toward Tanya. | 克莱拉试图隐藏她对塔亚尼的愤怒 |
[22:52] | Yeah, I need some background on that one. | 我需要了解详情 |
[22:54] | Right. | 好的 |
[22:54] | And we saw Clara’s contempt for Damien. | 我们还发现克莱拉对多米尼态度很轻蔑 |
[22:56] | What does she say about her affair with him? | 她是怎么说他们俩的事的 |
[22:59] | She’s adamant it never happened. | 她一口咬定那事从未发生过 |
[23:01] | Damien came onto her. She said no. | 多米尼骚扰过她 她拒绝了 |
[23:02] | It’s he said, she said. | 她说那些都是他胡说的 |
[23:04] | When I was prepping him, | 我在对他进行模拟测试时 |
[23:05] | I asked them about their last sexual encounter, | 问过他关于他们最后一次性经历 |
[23:07] | And he just stood there holding a pot of coffee. | 他站在那 手里拿着咖啡壶 |
[23:08] | I mean, he couldn’t fill his cup while giving the details. | 提到细节部分他就紧张得不能倒东西 |
[23:11] | Manual tasks are harder to integrate when you’re faking a story. | 人们在编故事的时候肢体动作往往不连贯 |
[23:14] | Yeah, but I believed him the first time around. | 没错 可我相信他最开始说的话 |
[23:16] | What if his story is an obsessive fantasy? | 如果他说的仅仅是自己的幻想呢 |
[23:19] | If he played it out in his head enough, | 这些幻想总在他脑中浮现 |
[23:21] | He could have said it really happened | 他就会很自然地当真事说出来 |
[23:23] | without showing any signs of deception. | 没有说谎的迹象 |
[23:24] | So, Clara rejects Damien for his father, | 克莱拉因为多米尼的爸爸拒绝了他 |
[23:28] | Who’s shadow he lives in. | 他一直活在父亲的阴影下 |
[23:29] | It could have driven him to murder. | 这有可能是他杀害自己父亲的动机 |
[23:30] | We need to get Damien back in here. | 我们得让多米尼再来一次 |
[23:34] | Now, that’s dangerous. | 危险了 |
[23:37] | You think I need more prep work before I testify? | 你觉得我出庭之前需要再多练习吗 |
[23:39] | There are a few more techniques Dr. Lightman wants to go over. | 有一些技巧需要莱特曼博士再把把关 |
[23:42] | Anything for my father. | 为了我爸爸我什么都乐意 |
[23:58] | You slut. | 你这个婊子 |
[24:04] | That’s pure science. How was it? | 纯科学测试 觉得如何 |
[24:07] | All right, come on. | 好 走吧 |
[24:08] | Damien! Damien, you lied! | 多米尼 多米尼 你撒谎了 |
[24:10] | You were never involved with Clara were you? | 你和克莱拉没有过外遇 对吗 |
[24:12] | She seduced me! | 是她勾引我 |
[24:13] | You’re pathetic, Damien. | 多米尼 你这个可怜虫 |
[24:14] | You’re pathetic! | 你这个可怜虫 |
[24:16] | How could you do this?! | 你怎么能这么做 |
[24:17] | We wanted to see how angry it made you to see her with somebody else. | 我们想知道你看到她和别亲热会怎样反应 |
[24:20] | You think I killed my father?! | 你觉得我杀死了自己的父亲 |
[24:21] | No. No. | 没有 没有 |
[24:22] | But you’ve been lying about an innocent woman. | 可是你撒谎诬陷了一个无辜的女人 |
[24:23] | She is a gold-digger! | 她出卖色相骗我爸爸的钱 |
[24:24] | How can you say that?! | 你怎么说得出口 |
[24:25] | This was your plan all along! | 这都是你早就策划好的 |
[24:26] | I loved your father more than anything! | 我爱你父亲胜过一切 |
[24:28] | No, you used him! You wanted… | 不 你是在利用他 你想 |
[24:32] | Let’s go! | 我们走 |
[24:35] | Let it go. | 走 |
[24:37] | Fair enough. | 颇有成效 |
[24:40] | I expected a little bit more than a slap | 作为世界上名声最差的谋杀嫌犯 |
[24:42] | from the world’s most notorious murder suspect. | 扇人耳光可不太明智 |
[24:45] | Yeah. Well, I guess I’ve been respectable for too long. | 明白 我想我是做淑女太久了 |
[24:48] | I think I can help you with that. | 我想我能帮你 |
[24:55] | Hey, doc, Damien Musso called my office this morning. | 博士 多米尼・穆索今早致电我 |
[24:58] | He said you all but accused him of murder. | 他说你几乎要指控他是凶手 |
[25:00] | Well, Clara didn’t kill her husband, right? | 克莱拉没有杀害她丈夫 对吧 |
[25:04] | I see. You switched sides. | 明白了 你改变了立场 |
[25:05] | I mean, how can I compete with legs, cleavage & associates. | 我怎能比得过靓腿 美胸和未了前情 |
[25:08] | You can’t. | 自然比不过 |
[25:10] | You must be cleavage. | 阁下一定是美胸 |
[25:12] | Well, legs here is twice the lawyer you’re ever gonna be. | 这位靓腿律师博闻强辩 你这辈子甭想赶超 |
[25:14] | You know that affair Damien said he had with Clara? | 你知道多米尼自称与克莱拉有染的事吗 |
[25:17] | He was lying. Call him to the stand. It’s perjury. | 他说谎 让他出庭吧 这可是伪证罪 |
[25:21] | We had a contract, doc. | 我们有协议 博士 |
[25:22] | Look, I render my services as an expert. | 我提供专业服务 |
[25:24] | We prepped your witnesses for ya. We read your jury. Job done. | 我们调查证人 分析陪审团 任务完成 |
[25:28] | Well, it’s going to be a long time | 看了我们事务所会有很长一段时间 |
[25:29] | before you get any business from my office. | 都不会跟你合作了 |
[25:31] | I’m devastated. | 我非常悲痛 |
[25:33] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的 -是的 |
[25:35] | I’ll see you in there, counselor. | 一会见 辩方律师 |
[25:39] | That’s interesting. | 很有趣 |
[25:40] | What? | 什么 |
[25:41] | He’s not worried at all about Damien. | 他一点都不担心多米尼 |
[25:42] | And, uh, he doesn’t give a | 他一点都不在意 |
[25:44] | toss about me coming over to the other side. | 我立场的转变 |
[25:46] | If anything, he’s more confident than usual. | 如果说他有什么变化 倒是更自信了 |
[25:49] | He’s up to something. | 其中必有蹊跷 |
[25:51] | Mr. O’sullivan, why did you hire a private investigator | 奥沙利文先生 你为何雇佣私家侦探 |
[25:53] | to look into Clara’s past? | 调查克莱拉的过去 |
[25:55] | I’d been friends with Victor since we were 10 years old | 我们十岁那年在圣伯纳德教堂的 |
[25:58] | in catechism at St. Bernard’s. | 教理问答上就成了朋友 |
[26:00] | When I realized Victor was getting serious about Clara, | 当我意识到维克多对克莱拉动了真情时 |
[26:04] | I wanted to make sure her intentions were sincere– | 我想弄清楚她的动机是否单纯 |
[26:08] | as a friend first and as a business partner. | 这是朋友兼商业伙伴应该做的 |
[26:11] | And did the investigator find anything criminal? | 私家侦探有发现犯罪前科吗 |
[26:15] | No. She reinvented herself though. | 没有 不过她改头换面过 |
[26:18] | New name. New hair color. New resume. | 新名字 新发色 新履历 |
[26:21] | Well, breaking with the past isn’t always easy. | 彻底告别过去并非易事 |
[26:23] | To your knowledge, was Victor happy in his marriage? | 据你所知 维克多的这段婚姻幸福吗 |
[26:26] | Yes. But he didn’t have all the facts. | 是的 但有些事情他并不知道 |
[26:29] | Reviewing the estate yesterday, I discovered something… | 昨天我清理遗产时 发现了… |
[26:32] | Objection, your honor. | 法官大人 我反对 |
[26:33] | Any information he has about the estate | 如果证人有关于遗产的信息 |
[26:34] | should have been brought forth in deposition. | 应当在举证阶段提出 |
[26:35] | Are you certain that you made the discovery yesterday? | 你确定这一情况是在昨天发现的吗 |
[26:39] | Yes. I’m certain. | 是的 我确定 |
[26:40] | No, he’s lying, your honor. | 不 他在说谎 法官大人 |
[26:44] | He’s been sitting on it. So has the D.A. | 他就像在蹲马桶放屁 律师也是 |
[26:48] | That’s absurd. | 真是荒谬 |
[26:49] | Your honor, I move to clear the whole gallery. | 法官大人 我请求让全体听证人员退场 |
[26:51] | Muzzle your ex, Ms. Landau, or I will. | 兰道女士 让你前夫闭嘴 否则我不客气了 |
[26:56] | Proceed with your finding. | 继续说你的发现 |
[26:58] | When I looked at Victor’s sub-accounts, | 当我查看维克多的子账户时 |
[27:00] | I discovered monthly withdrawals of roughly $90,000, | 我发现一年半以来 每月都有大约 |
[27:04] | spread across the last year and a half. | 九万美元的提款 |
[27:07] | Clara was stealing from him. | 克莱拉盗取死者的钱财 |
[27:16] | He’s not lying. | 他说的是实话 |
[27:19] | Motion for recess, your honor. | 请求休庭 法官大人 |
[27:20] | I need time to research these claims. | 我要调查这个情况 |
[27:22] | You can recall the witness when prosecution rests, Ms. Landau. | 休庭期间你可以与证人会面 兰道女士 |
[27:28] | You’re leaving? | 你要走吗 |
[27:29] | Yeah. That jury’s 12 to nothing to convict. | 对 陪审团会12比0投票定罪 |
[27:31] | You’re screwed. | 你输定了 |
[27:37] | So, if Clara stole money from her husband, | 如果克莱拉盗取她亡夫的钱财 |
[27:39] | why did we switch sides. | 我们为何改变立场 |
[27:41] | Lightman screwed up? | 莱特曼搞砸了吗 |
[27:42] | Well, Foster always says, | 福斯特总是说 |
[27:43] | the closer you are to someone emotionally, | 你和对方在感情上越亲近 |
[27:45] | the harder it is to get a true read. | 也就越难得出正确判断 |
[27:47] | Yeah, but Clara is a stranger. | 没错 但他不认识克莱拉 |
[27:48] | Zoe isn’t. Anything she touches, | 他认识左伊 凡是她接手的事情 |
[27:50] | Lightman is going to bring baggage to it. | 莱特曼都会不遗余力帮忙 |
[27:52] | Hey, speaking of baggage, you want to unload some of your own, | 说到这 你想不想卸下自身负担 |
[27:55] | like that memory that Lightman saw? | 比如被莱特曼看出来的那段 |
[27:57] | – Loker. – What? | -洛克尔 -怎么了 |
[27:58] | What kind of age difference are we talking about here? 10 years? | 你们年龄相差多少 十岁 |
[28:00] | We’re not discussing this. | 我才不会告诉你呢 |
[28:02] | Did you violate state laws or something? | 怎么 你们违反州法了吗 |
[28:03] | No. | 没有 |
[28:05] | Decency laws? | 道德准则呢 |
[28:07] | It was a totally legal and healthy relationship. | 那是一段完全是合法的健康的关系 |
[28:10] | That’s exciting. Come on. Give me something. | 真令人激动 来吧 说说看 |
[28:12] | What are you hiding? At least give me his name. | 你在隐瞒什么 至少说出他的名字 |
[28:17] | Denise Watson. | 丹尼斯・沃森[女名] |
[28:26] | Tanya Wilson, as I live and breathe. | 我敢打包票 你是塔亚尼・威尔森 |
[28:29] | Clara’s best mate. | 克莱拉最好的伙伴 |
[28:30] | Why’s she so angry with you then? | 她为何对你如此生气 |
[28:32] | I didn’t know that she was. | 我可不知道这事 |
[28:34] | Really?! How long have you two been friends? | 真的 你们当朋友多久了 |
[28:36] | I don’t have to talk to you. | 没必要告诉你 |
[28:38] | That’s true. That’s true. | 没错 没错 |
[28:39] | But I’ll see to that while you explain to a jury | 我倒要看看你怎么对陪审团解释 |
[28:41] | why you got so scared when Leo testified | 李欧揭发克莱拉盗取亡夫的财产时 |
[28:43] | that clara was stealing from her husband. | 你为何那么害怕 |
[28:46] | I was scared for Clara as a friend. | 我只是作为朋友担心克莱拉 |
[28:49] | Ahh. Were you two in it together? | 你们是一伙的吗 |
[28:52] | Were your robbing the old man blind. | 你们合伙骗那个老人的钱 |
[28:53] | As I was going through a tough time. Clara was helping me out. | 我当时经济困难 克莱拉帮了我 |
[28:58] | See, there’s that fear again. | 瞧 你又害怕了 |
[29:00] | I think you’re hiding something. | 你肯定有所隐瞒 |
[29:03] | I think you’re here just to make sure she keeps her mouth shut. | 我想你来这里就是以防她开口说真话 |
[29:06] | That’s ridiculous. | 胡扯 |
[29:08] | I smell blackmail. | 我闻到了敲诈的味道 |
[29:10] | Of a sexual variety. What is it? | 而且有奸情 怎么回事 |
[29:12] | Is it you and Clara? | 是你和克莱拉 |
[29:14] | You and Victor? | 还是和维克多 |
[29:16] | No, wait. Wait. Wait. Wait a minute. Three’s a crowd, right? | 噢 等等 三人行 对不对 |
[29:18] | You and Victor and Clara. | 你 维克多和克莱拉 |
[29:23] | What you got on him? You got photos? | 他有什么把柄在你手里 照片吗 |
[29:25] | You got video? | 视频 |
[29:27] | You got dirty knickers? | 有精液的内裤 |
[29:28] | I had nothing to do with his death. | 我跟他的死无关 |
[29:30] | My money’s on video. | 我赌你有视频 |
[29:32] | I think you got a sex tape. | 你手里有性爱录影带 |
[29:34] | About 90 grand a month’s worth. | 值得上每月九万块 |
[29:41] | Clara met him through me. | 克莱拉是通过我认识他的 |
[29:43] | Her life was supposed to be mine. | 享福的本该是我 |
[29:45] | It’s not like they were going to miss it. | 他们都不该忘了这一点 |
[29:47] | Well, thanks for that. | 非常感谢 |
[29:49] | Now, if you want to stay out of jail, | 如果你不想坐牢 |
[29:53] | I’m gonna need that sex tape. | 就把录影带给我 |
[30:02] | It was as Vic’s 60th Birthday, | 那是在维克的六十大寿上 |
[30:03] | and I wanted to do something he’d never forget. | 我想做点什么让他永生难忘 |
[30:05] | In every other way he was conservative. | 其它方面他都很保守 |
[30:07] | But this was a fantasy of his. | 但他就好这一口 |
[30:09] | So, Tanya and I got together. | 所以塔亚尼和我一起 |
[30:10] | We were friends at that point or so I thought. | 我以为当时我们还是朋友 |
[30:14] | So, those 40 minutes that you claim you can’t remember– | 那就是你声称不记得的40分钟 |
[30:18] | That’s when you nipped out to pay off Tanya. Yeah? | 那时你跑出去付钱给塔亚尼 对吧 |
[30:25] | It was meant to stop. But when I got there, | 本来该停止的 可我到了那后 |
[30:28] | She said that the payments were going to keep going. | 她说酬金仍需继续偿还 |
[30:32] | But you couldn’t tell your husband about the blackmail? | 可勒索的事你与丈夫只字未提 |
[30:34] | Or your lawyer? | 或是律师 |
[30:36] | It would have confirmed everything | 如果人说了 |
[30:37] | that people had been saying about me. | 就证实了关于我的流言蜚语 |
[30:39] | And his reputation meant the world to him. | 而对他而言声誉就是一切 |
[30:41] | You’re willing to go to jail to preserve that reputation? | 你宁愿进监狱也要保护他的声誉 |
[30:48] | True love. | 真爱啊 |
[30:49] | I know. It’s absolute insanity. | 我知道 真是愚不可及 |
[30:52] | I’m innocent, Zoe. | 我是无辜的 左伊 |
[30:55] | And I thought maybe you could somehow make the jury see that. | 我还以为你能让陪审团意识到这点 |
[30:59] | Well, speaking of the jury, | 对了 说到陪审团 |
[31:00] | we’ve been reading them, | 我们也在观察他们 |
[31:01] | And they’re 12 to nothing to convict. | 他们会12比0判你有罪 |
[31:05] | I mean, it’s one thing to say you’re innocent. | 我是指 说你无罪是一回事 |
[31:07] | But, you gotta show them who’s guilty. | 但是 你必须把真正的罪犯告诉他们 |
[31:10] | Well, we know we can rule out Damien. | 至少我们可以排除多米尼 |
[31:11] | Who else has access to your house? | 还有谁能进入你的房子 |
[31:13] | The only other person with a key was Leo. | 只有李欧有钥匙 |
[31:15] | He just smeared you in court. | 他刚在法庭上诽谤你 |
[31:16] | I was stealing. | 我的确是在偷东西 |
[31:18] | He stands to benefit financially | 他只是为了经济上获益 |
[31:19] | If you’re convicted. | 如果你被定罪 |
[31:20] | he’s the executor of the estate. | 遗产就由他照管 |
[31:21] | There is no way. Vic and Leo were more than business partners. | 不可能 维克和李欧不仅仅是商业伙伴 |
[31:24] | They were like brothers. | 他们更像是兄弟 |
[31:25] | [布鲁特斯是反凯撒阴谋集团的首领之一] | |
[31:25] | Yeah, well so was Brutus and Caesar. | 是啊 凯撒和布鲁特斯也是兄弟 |
[31:29] | Put me back on the stand again. | 再让我回到证人席上 |
[31:33] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:49] | Just ask, Loker. | 尽管问吧 洛克尔 |
[31:52] | So, you sleep with women too? | 这么说你也和女人上床 |
[31:56] | You just went to a whole new level of blunt. | 你的直言不讳真是上升到了新的境界 |
[31:58] | Well, it has serious ramifications. | 这个问题有其严重后果 |
[32:02] | My competition may have just doubled. | 我的情敌数量可能会加倍 |
[32:05] | I was curious, ok? | 我只是好奇而已 |
[32:07] | Denise was funny and interesting. | 丹尼斯风趣幽默 |
[32:12] | And I liked her smile. | 而且我喜欢她的笑容 |
[32:15] | I didn’t make a life choice. | 不是什么取向选择问题 |
[32:16] | Right. | 好吧 |
[32:17] | So, just to confirm. | 只是确认下 |
[32:19] | Not bisexual then. | 那么你不是双性恋 |
[32:21] | It was experimenting, Loker. | 这是次实验而已 洛克尔 |
[32:23] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[32:25] | And you know, | 你知道为什么 |
[32:26] | why can girls do it and guys can’t? | 女人可以这么做而男人不行吗 |
[32:27] | Where’s the fantasy in that? | 其中奥妙何在 |
[32:34] | Anyways, who really cares what people do in their bedrooms. | 话说回来 谁会在乎别人在卧室里做什么 |
[32:37] | Everyone. | 所有人 |
[32:43] | So… | 那么 |
[32:46] | This experiment. | 这次实验 |
[32:50] | What were your findings? | 你有什么发现吗 |
[32:53] | You know, scientifically speaking. | 你知道 从科学角度来说 |
[33:05] | You hold yourself out as an arbiter of people’s honesty, | 你自认为能裁决出他人是否在说谎 |
[33:08] | Yet time and again you’ve | 然后你又一次推翻了 |
[33:10] | reversed yourself, Dr. Lightman. | 自己的供词 莱特曼博士 |
[33:11] | Yeah. Yeah, well, scientists, | 不错 科学家 |
[33:13] | see, they admit their mistakes. | 都会勇于承认自己的错误 |
[33:16] | Ex-wives… that’s an entirely different story. | 至于前妻 那就另当别论了 |
[33:20] | The fact is your science is completely unreliable. | 事实上你的科学推测完全不可靠 |
[33:23] | I mean, you’re a glorified fortuneteller, a hack. | 我是说 你只是一个美其名曰的算命师 |
[33:25] | All right, well, let’s see if the jury agrees, shall we? | 那好 我们看看陪审团怎么说 好吗 |
[33:28] | The foreman, he’s high as a kite, | 陪审团主席 喝得不能再高了 |
[33:30] | and he has been all along. | 而且一贯如此 |
[33:31] | That one, she’s getting off on clara’s misery, she is. | 那个人 她把快乐建立在克莱拉的痛苦之上 |
[33:34] | And those 2 over there, they’re having an affair. | 那边的两个人 他们有一腿 |
[33:36] | They’re doing the dirty back at the hotel. | 他们在旅馆干着龌龊之事 |
[33:38] | Both of them married to different people. | 但是他们都有自己的家室 |
[33:40] | And that one has got a serious foot fetish. | 那个人则有严重的恋足癖 |
[33:43] | Dr. Lightman, for god’s sake! | 莱特曼博士 看在上帝的份上 |
[33:45] | Well, no. My point is I can read anyone here. | 我只是要证明 我能读懂这里的任何人 |
[33:48] | Right. Not just the defendant or the judge. | 不仅仅是被告或是法官 |
[33:52] | If you’re hiding something, I’ll know it. | 不管你们有什么隐瞒 我都能看出来 |
[33:56] | And yet you never turn that scrutiny on yourself, | 然而莱特曼博士却从未分析审视过自己 |
[33:58] | Dr. Lightman. Why is that? | 这是为什么 |
[34:00] | That would terrify you, wouldn’t it? | 那会吓着你自己 对吗 |
[34:02] | To be striped bare the way | 就像你揭露他人一样 |
[34:04] | you strip the people around you. | 把自己赤裸裸地暴露在外 |
[34:05] | I’m not a killer, counselor. | 我不是杀人犯 辩护律师 |
[34:08] | But neither is Clara Musso. | 克莱拉・穆索也不是 |
[34:09] | Move to strike, your honor. | 请求撤销询问 法官大人 |
[34:11] | Sustained. | 继续 |
[34:12] | The real killer has been hiding | 真正的杀手一直隐藏在 |
[34:13] | In plain sight all along. | 大庭广众之下 |
[34:15] | He’s in this very courtroom as we speak. | 他现在就在这个法庭里 |
[34:17] | Objection! Speculation! | 反对 思辨 |
[34:19] | Dr. Lightman, this court has indulged you more than enough. | 莱特曼博士 本庭已对你忍无可忍 |
[34:22] | Step down now, please. | 请退庭 |
[34:23] | Please. Please step down before I have you arrested. | 在我逮捕你前请退庭 |
[34:26] | If you’re gonna arrest somebody, | 如果你要逮捕某人的话 |
[34:28] | You should arrest Leo O’sullivan. | 应当逮捕李欧・奥沙利文 |
[34:31] | He killed his best friend, right, Leo?! | 他杀死了自己最好的朋友 对吧 李欧 |
[34:32] | Quiet, everyone! | 大家肃静 |
[34:34] | You bastard! I didn’t murder Vic. | 你个混蛋 我没有谋杀维克 |
[34:37] | I’d never! | 绝不可能 |
[34:38] | Oh, that’s the truth, see. You didn’t murder him, | 这是实话 你的确没有谋杀他 |
[34:40] | But you did kill him, didn’t you? | 但是你杀死了他 对不对 |
[34:51] | What does that mean… | 那话是什么意思 |
[34:52] | Leo killed Victor but he didn’t murder him? | 李欧没有谋杀维克多 却杀死了他 |
[34:55] | Well, when he said he didn’t murder Victor, | 他说自己没有谋杀维克多时 |
[34:56] | There was no sign of deception, right? | 没有一丝欺骗的表情 |
[34:58] | But when I asked him if he killed his friend, | 但是我问他是否杀死了自己朋友时 |
[35:01] | he flashed regret. | 他脸闪现出懊悔之情 |
[35:03] | Look, if I recall Leo to the stand… | 这么说如果我让李欧重新出庭作证 |
[35:05] | We crack the case. | 我们就解决了这个案子 |
[35:06] | He’s right on the edge. | 他已经处于认罪的边缘 |
[35:09] | He just needs one more shove. | 只要你轻轻推他一把 |
[35:11] | Spit it out then. | 有话就说吧 |
[35:13] | Well, since you asked. | 既然你问起 |
[35:14] | When is killing your friend a good thing? | 什么情况下 杀害朋友才算是好事呢 |
[35:25] | Please be seated. | 请就座 |
[35:30] | I thought I kicked your | 我想我刚才把你的前夫 |
[35:31] | ex-husband out of my courtroom, counselor? | 赶出了法庭 辩护律师 |
[35:34] | Dr. Lightman is essential for | 莱特曼博士对我委托人的 |
[35:35] | my client’s defense, your honor. | 辩护至关重要 法官大人 |
[35:37] | He’s just here to observe. | 他仅仅在这观察而已 |
[35:39] | He won’t be a nuisance to the court. | 他不会再扰乱法庭了 |
[35:40] | Well, if he is, | 若他再犯 |
[35:42] | he will be the guest of the county for the next 30 days. | 本庭将判他30天拘禁 |
[35:45] | Are we clear, Dr. Lightman? | 挺清楚了吗 莱特曼博士 |
[35:47] | As a bell, your honor. | 非常清楚 法官大人 |
[35:49] | Proceed. | 继续 |
[35:51] | Mr. O’sullivan, I wish | 奥沙利文先生 我想提醒你 |
[35:52] | to remind you that you are still under oath. | 你的誓言仍然有效 |
[35:58] | I’d like to apologize for the previous outburst. | 之前若有冒犯 深表歉意 |
[36:02] | It’s clear to me and to everyone in this courtroom | 我与法庭上诸位都非常清楚 |
[36:04] | how close you were to Victor Musso. | 你和维克多・穆索亲如兄弟 |
[36:06] | You were his best friend, his lifelong confidant. | 你是他最好的朋友 他一生的知己 |
[36:09] | And you would do anything to protect him and his reputation. | 为保护他和他的声誉 你愿意做任何事情 |
[36:12] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[36:14] | I’d like to show the witness some photos, if I may. | 如果可以的话我想展示给证人一些照片 |
[36:16] | – Objection! – No. No. You can’t. | -反对 -不不 你不能这样 |
[36:18] | There were no pictures submitted during discovery. | 在证据发现阶段没有提交任何照片 |
[36:20] | Easy love, jury’s watching. | 放松点 亲爱的 陪审团看着呢 |
[36:22] | Sidebar, your honor? | 私谈下 法官大人 |
[36:23] | Please. | 请 |
[36:26] | You can’t let them see those pictures. | 你不能让他们看到那些照片 |
[36:28] | Everything Vic worked for would be ruined. | 维克为之奋斗的一切都会被毁掉 |
[36:30] | If you try and stop this, I’ll do those 30 days with bells on, | 如果你阻止我 吼出真相让陪审团知道 |
[36:33] | just after I finish blurting it out to the jury. | 那未来30天我会是这的常客 |
[36:37] | These could do irreparable | 这些照片会对死者的声誉 |
[36:38] | harm to the reputation of the deceased. | 造成不可挽回的伤害 |
[36:48] | I don’t know how this is germane to the case. | 我不明白这与此案有何密切关联 |
[36:50] | It speaks to the accusation | 控方指证克莱拉 |
[36:52] | that Clara was stealing from her husband. | 窃取她丈夫的财产 |
[36:54] | I don’t want to besmirch a good man if I don’t have to. | 我不想在无必要的情况下损害好人的声誉 |
[36:57] | But I do reserve the right to present these in open court. | 但我保留在法庭上公开这些照片的权利 |
[36:59] | I take your point, counselor. | 辩护律师 我接受你的观点 |
[37:02] | – All right. – Please. | -好 -请回 |
[37:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[37:06] | You want to see Clara Musso locked up for murder. | 你希望看到克莱拉・穆索以谋杀罪被捕 |
[37:09] | She betrayed a man who loved her. | 她背叛了爱她的人 |
[37:12] | She was sleeping with his son for god sakes. | 与他的儿子通奸 |
[37:14] | Well, thanks to Dr. Lightman, | 感谢莱特曼博士 |
[37:15] | that’s been exposed as a lie. | 这个谎言已被揭穿 |
[37:17] | She was stealing from him. | 但她的确窃取了他的财产 |
[37:18] | Which you knew about. And yet you never said a word. | 这件事你早已知情 却秘而不露 |
[37:21] | He was completely under her spell. | 他当时完全被她迷惑了 |
[37:24] | I was protecting him. | 我是为了保护他 |
[37:26] | Well, I submit to you that Clara was doing the same, | 克莱拉所做也是出于同样的目的 |
[37:29] | protecting him. | 为了保护他 |
[37:30] | And the money you say my client was stealing from him | 你所言我的委托人偷窃的钱财 |
[37:32] | was in fact being put to a good and noble cause. | 乃是被用于一桩善意的有益的事业 |
[37:36] | Am I being clear enough here, Mr. O’Sullivan? | 奥沙利文先生觉得我解释得够清楚吗 |
[37:40] | Perfectly, counselor. | 非常清楚 辩护律师 |
[37:44] | You also knew she didn’t kill her husband, sir. | 阁下也清楚她没有杀死自己的丈夫 |
[37:46] | But you thought she deserved to go to prison anyway, didn’t you? | 但你仍认为她应当受到刑罚 是吗 |
[37:49] | Because after all, you had built a company and a reputation | 因为毕竟是你 与维克多并肩奋斗了25年 |
[37:52] | side-by-side with Victor for 25 years. | 才有了今天的公司和名望 |
[37:54] | And overnight, your best friend became a different person. | 然而一夕之间 你最好的朋友完全变了 |
[37:58] | Clara had displaced you. | 克莱拉取代了你的位置 |
[38:00] | No! When it mattered, Vic called me. | 不 重要事情维克还是会找我 |
[38:03] | There we go. Watch this. | 好戏开场了 仔细看吧 |
[38:05] | Hold on to your seat, love. | 亲爱的 坐稳了 |
[38:08] | Like when it came to his health? | 比如说他健康的问题吗 |
[38:10] | That’s fear. | 恐惧 |
[38:12] | But without shame. | 但是没有羞愧 |
[38:14] | He’s proud of what he did. | 他为自己所做感到骄傲 |
[38:18] | You didn’t murder him, Leo. | 你没有谋杀他 李欧 |
[38:21] | He asked you to end his life, didn’t he? | 他请求你结束他的生命 是不是这样 |
[38:23] | Objection! | 我反对 |
[38:25] | Overruled. | 驳回 |
[38:28] | How was Mr. Musso’s health just prior to his death? | 穆索先生死前健康状况如何 |
[38:30] | You’re under oath. | 你宣誓要讲实话 |
[38:32] | He was… | 他当时… |
[38:35] | secretly very sick. | 病入膏肓 |
[38:38] | And that’s why he wanted you to help him end his life, | 所以他要你帮助他结束生命 |
[38:40] | To assist his suicide. Isn’t that right? | 协助他自杀 是这样吗 |
[38:42] | Objection, your honor! | 法官大人 我反对 |
[38:43] | The court is very interested in Mr. O’Sullivan’s answer. | 法庭需要听取奥沙利文先生的回答 |
[38:46] | He had a degenerative brain disease. | 他患了脑退化性疾病 |
[38:50] | Doctors gave him a month or two. | 医生说他只有一到两个月的时间 |
[38:53] | You bought the cyanide and the syringe. | 你买了氰化物和注射器 |
[38:56] | He called you to his home. | 他打电话叫你到他家 |
[38:57] | And you gave him that injection, didn’t you? | 你给他注射 是不是这样 |
[39:00] | – Your hornor! – Take your seat. | -法官大人 -坐下 |
[39:04] | Victor was devout. | 维克多非常虔诚 |
[39:06] | I mean, to him suicide was a mortal sin. | 对他而言 自杀是不可饶恕的大罪 |
[39:13] | I couldn’t say no to my friend. | 我不能拒绝朋友的请求 |
[39:15] | Which is why you never told him that Clara was stealing. | 这正是你不告诉他克莱拉偷钱的原因 |
[39:19] | Because he was dying. | 因为他来日无多 |
[39:20] | Why break his heart on top of everything else? | 事已至此 何必再让他伤心 |
[39:23] | Do you have proof it wasn’t a murder? | 你有证据证明不是谋杀吗 |
[39:31] | He left a video explaining. | 他留下一段视频解释这一切 |
[39:33] | Now that right there. | 现在这个表情 |
[39:36] | That is shame. | 才是羞愧 |
[39:40] | I think his widow has a right to see that. | 我想他的遗孀有权观看这段视频 |
[39:46] | But I didn’t imagine that I’d meet a woman | 但我从未奢望过能够遇到一位 |
[39:50] | who would understand me so completely. | 如此与我心意相通的佳人 |
[39:53] | Our marriage was a gift, Clara. | 克莱拉 与你的结合是上天的馈赠 |
[39:57] | Happiest 10 years of my life. | 我生命中最幸福的10年 |
[39:59] | I wouldn’t let anything tarnish that. | 我不愿让任何事情影响到我们 |
[40:02] | Zoe says that Leo is pleading guilty | 左伊说李欧愿意认罪 |
[40:05] | to obstruction of justice and manslaughter. | 妨碍司法公正和过失杀人罪 |
[40:07] | And they’re working out a deal. | 他们正在商量解决办法 |
[40:10] | That’s good then. | 那很好 |
[40:14] | Thank you for everything. | 多谢你的帮助 |
[40:17] | I should have trusted you sooner. | 我该早些信任你 |
[40:20] | Well, I could say the same thing. | 我也一样 |
[40:26] | I’ve got a meeting waiting. | 我有个会要开 |
[40:37] | She’s a beautiful woman. | 她是个美丽的女人 |
[40:41] | She’s my Leo. | 她是我的李欧 |
[40:45] | What about Zoe? | 那左伊呢 |
[40:47] | Well, to say you stopped loving someone you once loved | 对一个你曾爱她胜过一切的人 |
[40:49] | more than anything else in the world, I mean, that would be a lie. | 说不再爱她了 那一定是撒谎 |
[40:53] | But you move on. | 可人得向前看 |
[40:55] | Don’t you? | 不是吗 |
[40:57] | You have to move on. | 总得向前看 |
[41:02] | She’s my daughter’s mum. | 她是我女儿的妈妈 |
[41:07] | Sometimes sparring partner. | 有时候也是拌嘴的对手 |
[41:10] | Any other women populating your life? | 还有其他女人给你的生命添光增彩吗 |
[41:14] | None you need to worry about. | 那就不劳你挂心了 |
[41:21] | I’m taking over Victor’s businesses and charities. | 我正在接手维克多的生意和慈善事业 |
[41:23] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[41:25] | People are going to come after me. They think I’m weak. | 树大招风 人们以为我软弱可欺 |
[41:28] | I need someone I can trust. | 我需要一个可信的人 |
[41:30] | Well, you got my number. | 你有我电话 |
[41:32] | So to speak. | 直言不讳 |
[41:40] | My point is, right, | 我想说的是 |
[41:42] | That the reason that we won | 我们能够胜诉的原因 |
[41:45] | was because the whole truth came out. | 完全在于真相水落石出 |
[41:46] | Which… no, cause it doesn’t normally happen in a courtroom. | 这在法庭上 可是难得一见 |
[41:51] | Why’d you take this case? | 你为什么接这个案子 |
[41:53] | I thought it’d be a bit of fun. | 我以为这案子会有趣 |
[41:56] | That’s not it. Not really. | 不是这个原因 不完全是 |
[41:59] | Well, it’s your first time out there. | 这是你第一次接大案 |
[42:01] | It’s a big national case. | 国家级大案 |
[42:05] | You were protecting me? | 你是为了保护我吗 |
[42:07] | Oh, that’s so sweet. | 真是好心 |
[42:10] | And paternalistic and patronizing. | 还有点屈尊俯就施恩于人的专横 |
[42:12] | Yeah. You got a point there. | 没错 你说得有道理 |
[42:14] | No, but look. If you get a guilty woman off, | 可是呢 如果你为凶犯脱罪 |
[42:17] | you’re a punch line. | 会被千夫所指 |
[42:18] | If you convict an innocent man, you’re a joke. | 可如果陷罪无辜 你就成了笑柄 |
[42:22] | You’ve worked far too hard to get where you are. | 你现在的成就都是辛辛苦苦得来的 |
[42:26] | You deserve a bit of respect, | 你该得到尊重 |
[42:29] | not infamy. | 而不是恶名 |
[42:33] | Still waiting for you to get what you deserve. | 也期待你功成名就那天 |
[42:36] | Well, I’m 2 steps ahead of the hangman. | 我不过是思前顾后疲于奔命罢了 |
[42:44] | Emily’s sleeping at a friend’s. | 艾米利今晚在朋友家住 |
[42:47] | What? The whole night? | 是吗 整晚吗 |
[42:49] | All right. | 那好 |
[42:51] | – I’ll get the check. – Yeah. | -我去结账 -好 |