时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | Time of death, | 死亡时间 |
[00:20] | 6:34 P.M. | 下午六点三十四分 |
[00:24] | Rose. | 罗斯 |
[01:07] | 短信 我出发了 | |
[01:14] | Oh, my god. | 不是吧 |
[01:16] | I–I–I didn’t see you. I’m so sorry. | 我没看到你 很抱歉 |
[01:19] | You drove straight into me. | 你直接朝我撞过来 |
[01:21] | I hit you? It was a total accident. | 伤到你了吗 这完全是意外 |
[01:24] | Did he tell you to make it look like an accident? | 是他要你做的像一场意外吗 |
[01:26] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -别装蒜 |
[01:29] | No. I need to call an ambulance. | 不懂你的意思 我去叫救护车 |
[01:31] | No, no! Don’t do that. | 不 别叫 |
[01:35] | He killed Rose. I saw it. | 他杀了罗斯 我都看见了 |
[01:38] | And now he’s coming after me. | 现在他要来杀我了 |
[01:39] | Who? | 谁 |
[01:41] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你 |
[01:42] | I can manage. | 我自己能行 |
[01:44] | I’m 24, not 80. | 我才24岁 又不是七老八十 |
[01:48] | Take this. | 穿上 |
[01:50] | No, no, no. No, no, no. | 不 别脱 |
[01:51] | Sweetheart, you need it. | 亲爱的 你会着凉的 |
[01:53] | I really could have hurt you. | 我很可能撞伤你了 |
[01:55] | I want to go home before he gets here. | 我想赶在他前面回家 |
[02:02] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[02:03] | You know him. | 你认识他 |
[02:05] | No, I–I need to get you to a hospital. | 不 我要送你去医院 |
[02:08] | I live at 105 Addison, | 我住在艾迪逊大街105号 |
[02:11] | Columbia Heights. | 哥伦比亚高地 |
[02:14] | No hospital. | 不去医院 |
[02:15] | It’s too dangerous. He’ll be there. | 太危险了 他会找去的 |
[02:18] | Uh, 105 Addison. Got it. | 艾迪逊大街105号 知道了 |
[02:23] | I’m–I’m Emily, by the way. | 对了 我叫艾米利 |
[02:25] | Veronica. | 我是维罗妮卡 |
[02:38] | Um, are you–are you sure this is the right place? | 你确定就是这里吗 |
[02:40] | Where have you brought me? | 你带我到哪儿了 |
[02:42] | Well, my phone says 105 Addison. | 我手机显示这里就是艾迪逊大街105号 |
[02:45] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[02:46] | I’m old. | 我怎么老了 |
[02:50] | Who wrote this on my hand? | 我手上的字是谁写的 |
[02:54] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[02:57] | Well, no, wait. | 别 等一下 |
[03:02] | 短信 老爸快来帮忙 | |
[03:09] | You all right, Em? | 你没事吧 小艾 |
[03:10] | I’m fine. Can you help her, dad? | 我没事 快来帮帮她 老爸 |
[03:11] | Who’s he?! | 他是谁 |
[03:12] | I’m her dad. Who are you? | 我是他父亲 你是谁 |
[03:27] | Did Charlie send you? | 是查理派你来的吗 |
[03:29] | Dad, this is Veronica. | 老爸 她是维罗妮卡 |
[03:32] | You all right, Veronica? | 你还好吗 维罗妮卡 |
[03:35] | First she tries to run me over with her car! | 首先就是她想开车碾死我 |
[03:38] | Is that right, love? | 真的吗 宝贝儿 |
[03:43] | Are you hurt? | 受伤了吗 |
[03:44] | Take me home. It’s not safe. | 带我回家 这儿太危险了 |
[03:49] | Where’s home? | 你住哪里 |
[03:50] | Veronica, where’s home? | 维罗妮卡 家在哪里 |
[03:53] | It’s, uh… | 在… |
[03:56] | it’s on the tip of my tongue. | 我一下子想不起来了 |
[04:01] | Who’s this Charlie fella? | 查理是什么人 |
[04:06] | He killed my sister Rose. | 他杀了我妹妹罗斯 |
[04:09] | Now he’s coming after me. | 现在要来杀我了 |
[04:14] | You think I’m crazy, | 你以为我疯了 |
[04:16] | imagining it. | 胡思乱想 |
[04:18] | Here. | 来 |
[04:20] | Pop this on, hey? | 穿上 |
[04:32] | Thank you, Burt. | 谢谢 伯特 |
[04:35] | My knight in shining armor. | 我的护花使者 |
[04:40] | Always to the rescue when I need it the most. | 总是在我最需要的时候出现 |
[05:27] | You must be hungry, too. | 你肯定饿了吧 |
[05:28] | Why don’t you have some water? | 喝点水吧 |
[05:30] | It’ll help you out. | 会让你舒服点 |
[05:31] | I, uh… | 我 |
[05:32] | I’ll be right back. All right? | 我去去就来 好吗 |
[05:37] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[05:40] | Life. | 倒霉呗 |
[05:45] | I’m not wearing those. | 我不穿那个 |
[05:47] | Who are you? | 你是什么人 |
[05:49] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[05:51] | How did I get here? | 我怎么到这里来了 |
[05:53] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[05:57] | Hi, Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 |
[06:00] | It’s Emily. | 我是艾米利 |
[06:02] | We brought you here, remember? | 我们带你过来的 想起来了吗 |
[06:04] | This is where my dad works. | 这是我爸的公司 |
[06:10] | Oh, I should do that, don’t you think? | 我看 还是让我来吧 |
[06:15] | Look at you, young man. | 瞧瞧 小伙子 |
[06:24] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:26] | Nice try. But I know your porn face | 装得挺像 不过你没在看色情片 |
[06:27] | and that’s not it. | 我认得你的色相 |
[06:29] | It’s not schizophrenia. | 不是精神分裂 |
[06:30] | Biometrics don’t indicate drugs. | 生物检测也未发现可疑药物 |
[06:33] | It’s what we originally thought–alzheimer’s. | 我们起先想的没错 阿兹海默症[老年痴呆] |
[06:35] | How old is she? | 她多大年纪 |
[06:36] | Late 50s to 60s. | 快六十了 |
[06:37] | That’s early onset. | 早发性老年痴呆 |
[06:38] | I mean, she’s exhausted. | 她疲于奔命 |
[06:39] | She’s been running around for hours, the poor woman. | 可怜的女人 跑了好长时间 |
[06:41] | Have one of the others check the name Albert or Burt | 有没有根据她给艾米利的地址 |
[06:45] | against the address that she gave Emily. | 调查名叫阿尔伯特或者伯特的人 |
[06:47] | Don’t you think this is a matter for the police? | 你不觉得应该报警吗 |
[06:50] | She’s got alzheimer’s, the poor woman. | 她有老年痴呆症 可怜的女人 |
[06:52] | Whatever she’s running from is very real to her. | 不管她为什么逃命 那危机感都非常真实 |
[06:55] | So either the danger’s genuine | 所以不然就是真的存在这种威胁 |
[06:56] | or she’s gonna kill herself running. | 不然就是她想跑死自己 |
[06:58] | I’m not gonna give her to the police. | 我不会把她丢给警方 |
[07:00] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 我说这话你可别见怪 |
[07:02] | but who are you to make that decision? | 但你是她的什么人 这样擅自决定 |
[07:04] | I’m her husband, Burt. | 我是她丈夫伯特啊 |
[07:07] | Do you know why bruises change color? | 知道为什么淤青的地方会变颜色 |
[07:09] | When blood vessels burst, | 因为当血管破裂时 |
[07:11] | Hemoglobin leaks into the layers of your skin to clean it up, | 血红蛋白就渗进皮层当中进行清洁 |
[07:14] | the body sends in clusters of white blood cells | 身体则排出大量白细胞 |
[07:17] | to break down the iron and other proteins. | 分解铁以及其它蛋白质 |
[07:20] | As iron is digested, the color changes. | 而吸收了铁之后 颜色就变了 |
[07:24] | Are you a doctor? | 你是医生 |
[07:27] | I was a nurse. | 当过护士 |
[07:29] | And that’s how Burt and I first met. | 我就是这么遇到伯特的 |
[07:31] | One night he walked into the emergency room | 某天晚上 他来到急症室 |
[07:34] | with a bad stomach, doubled over in agony. | 胃疼得厉害 直不起身 |
[07:36] | But when I went to prep him, he tried to hide the pain, | 当我替他准备手术时 他却忍住疼痛 |
[07:40] | acting like he didn’t want to be any trouble. | 试图装出没事的样子 |
[07:42] | He even started cracking jokes. | 甚至还讲起笑话来 |
[07:45] | I could see how he was suffering | 我能看出他有多痛苦 |
[07:46] | but that he wanted to appear strong in front of me | 但出于某种原因 他想在我面前 |
[07:49] | for some reason. | 装出坚强的样子 |
[07:51] | But… | 可是 |
[07:54] | when I was checking his pulse, | 当我检查他脉搏时 |
[07:57] | he took both my hands, saying… | 他抓住我的手 说 |
[08:00] | he could read in my eyes | 他能从我眼中看到 |
[08:02] | how much of a toll my job was taking on me | 这份工作让我多么疲累 不堪重负 |
[08:05] | And that I should find something, someone | 我应该找点什么事 或者找某个人 |
[08:09] | to help take the pressure off. | 来帮我排解压力 |
[08:12] | Let’s just say… | 我想说 |
[08:14] | he was that someone | 他就是我要找的人 |
[08:16] | and gave me that something that changed my life. | 能给改变我生活的人 |
[08:21] | He… | 他 |
[08:23] | had a way of looking in my eyes. | 能看透我的心 |
[08:27] | Funny how there really are no accidents in life. | 可笑的是 现实如此残酷 |
[08:31] | Well, what was wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[08:42] | Do you know why bruises change color? | 知道为什么淤青的地方会变颜色吗 |
[08:44] | When blood vessels burst, | 血管破裂时 |
[08:46] | Hemoglobin leaks under the layers of your skin… | 大量血红蛋白渗进皮层 |
[08:50] | I just got off the phone with Wallowski. | 我刚跟沃斯通了电话 |
[08:52] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[08:54] | I beg your pardon? I thought she was a resource | 拜托 我觉得她是我们大家的资源 |
[08:56] | for all of us, not just you. | 不是专属于你的 |
[08:58] | You know, she wrote this on her hand to trigger her memory | 她把字写在掌心是为了触发记忆 |
[09:01] | and it’s only tormenting her more. | 结果只是折磨自己 |
[09:03] | See? The cops would never have thought to do that. | 看 警察们可绝对不会那么用心 |
[09:08] | Speaking of cops, a Burton– | 说到警察 有个叫伯顿的人 |
[09:11] | a burton and Veronica Sloan | 伯顿和维罗妮卡・斯隆 |
[09:13] | Lived at 105 Addison. | 曾经住在艾迪逊大街105号 |
[09:15] | They moved to an apartment in Chevy Chase 10 years ago. | 十年前他们搬去了切维菜斯的一间公寓 |
[09:18] | Nice suburbia. That would do anyone’s head in. | 郊区不错的社区 每个人都会为之神魂颠倒 |
[09:21] | And then Burt died 3 years ago. | 而三年之后伯特就去世了 |
[09:23] | You see what I mean? | 你懂我意思了吧 |
[09:27] | She had a younger sister, Rose, | 她有个妹妹 叫罗斯 |
[09:29] | who was found dead in her apartment in 1968. | 早在1968年就被发现死于自己的公寓 |
[09:31] | An unsolved murder. | 一直是起悬案 |
[09:33] | Does it say anything in that report | 报告里有没有提及 |
[09:34] | about a suspect name Charles, Charlie? | 一个叫查尔斯或者查理的嫌犯 |
[09:38] | There was only one main suspect, | 只有一位主要嫌疑人 |
[09:41] | and it was little more than a hunch. | 而且还不仅仅是猜测 |
[09:44] | Veronica. | 是维罗妮卡 |
[09:51] | What’s the odds my new missis forgot that part, too? | 我那”新太太”也把这事忘了的几率有多大 |
[10:00] | Mr. Sloan. | 斯隆先生 |
[10:02] | Who’s asking? | 你们是什么人 |
[10:03] | Mr. Gus Sloan? | 格斯・斯隆先生吗 |
[10:05] | I told you already, I’m doing my best | 我都告诉过你们了 我已经尽我全力 |
[10:07] | to scrape the payment together. I– | 在四处想办法筹措欠款 我… |
[10:09] | There’s really no need to come to my house. | 真的没必要非上我家来不可 |
[10:10] | We found your brother’s widow | 我们找到了你哥哥的遗孀 |
[10:13] | wandering around alone late at night. | 大半夜的一个人四处游荡 |
[10:17] | Excuse me? What– | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[10:19] | Mind if I come in? | 不介意我进来说话吧 |
[10:21] | She’s fine, by the way. | 顺便说一声 她没事 |
[10:22] | Do you have a badge I can see? | 你能出示一下警徽吗 |
[10:24] | We’re not police officers, Mr. Sloan. | 我们不是警察 斯隆先生 |
[10:26] | We’re just trying to help your sister-in-law. | 我们只是想帮帮你的嫂子 |
[10:29] | Good samaritans. | 原来是学雷锋的 |
[10:30] | No, that’s her department. | 不 那是她的职责范围 |
[10:31] | Me, I got a teenage daughter | 至于我 我只是有个十几岁的女儿 |
[10:34] | who almost ran over that nice lady last night, | 昨晚开车差点撞上那位”好好太太” |
[10:37] | and she’s a little bit distressed, which has a way | 而她现在挺痛苦的 我也只能 |
[10:38] | of getting me going. | 为此跑一趟了 |
[10:40] | You know what I mean? | 你懂我意思吧 |
[10:41] | When did Veronica move out? | 维罗妮卡是什么时候搬出去的 |
[10:48] | You look sad, | 你看起来很难过 |
[10:49] | Mr. Sloan. | 斯隆先生 |
[10:51] | When I say sad, what I really mean is ashamed. | 我用难过这词其实是表达羞愧的意思 |
[10:54] | You play the piano? | 你弹钢琴吗 |
[10:57] | No, that was Veronica’s. | 不 那曾是维罗妮卡的 |
[11:00] | Look, I don’t know if you’ve | 听着 我不知道你是否 |
[11:01] | ever committed a family member into care– | 曾把一位亲人送去疗养院… |
[11:03] | My grandfather. I know what you’re going through, | 我的祖父 我明白你所经受的一切 |
[11:06] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:07] | So, um, where did she move to? | 那她搬到哪里去了呢 |
[11:10] | Uh, Horizons Extended Care and Residence. | 一家叫延伸地平线的疗养院 |
[11:14] | Well, did they call you when she went missing? | 那她失踪时对方有没有电话通知你 |
[11:15] | This is the first I’m hearing of it, obviously. | 这显然是我第一次听说这事 |
[11:17] | ’cause if they had… | 因为如果他们来过电 |
[11:20] | Right, you’d be way more worried. | 那你可应该比现在着急得多 |
[11:23] | I’m sorry. You knock on my door at dawn | 不好意思 但你们天还没亮就来敲我的门 |
[11:26] | and I invite you into– | 我把你们请进了 |
[11:27] | Veronica’s home? | 维罗妮卡的家对吧 |
[11:28] | Former home. | 以前的家 |
[11:29] | And you didn’t invite us in, | 还有你根本没请我们进来 |
[11:32] | I barged in. | 是我硬闯进来的 |
[11:34] | I mean, let’s get that bit right. | 咱至少可以把这点说清楚 |
[11:35] | Mr. Sloan, Veronica thinks someone’s trying to kill her. | 斯隆先生 维罗妮卡觉得有人想杀她 |
[11:39] | Charlie, right? | 是说查理吧 |
[11:41] | You know him? | 你认识他 |
[11:42] | No, but it’s not the first time the name’s come up. | 不 不过这个名字已经如雷贯耳了 |
[11:45] | Charlie is some kind of figment of veronica’s imagination. | 查理就是维罗妮卡想象中的某位虚构人物 |
[11:50] | Gus, I, for one, | 格斯 我 就我本人来说 |
[11:54] | believe her. | 相信她的话 |
[11:57] | So what’s going on, then, | 那到底发生了什么 |
[11:58] | some kind of garage sale, is it? | 是什么现场旧货甩卖吗 |
[12:01] | She gonna get any of the cash that you get from her stuff? | 她本应拿到你变卖她的家当所得的现金 |
[12:04] | I mean, her piano, you know? | 你知道 我是指她的钢琴 |
[12:07] | She went through all the money Burt left her. | 她花光了所有伯特留下的钱 |
[12:10] | I had to take a reverse mortgage on this place to pay for her care. | 我只能反向抵押了这房子送她进疗养院 |
[12:13] | My uncle… | 我叔叔 |
[12:15] | was, you know, put into care. At the end, | 曾经 你知道 也最终被送进疗养院 |
[12:19] | Even on his deathbed, | 可哪怕就在他弥留之际 |
[12:22] | there were things that he never, ever forgot. | 也有些东西是他永远都不会忘记的 |
[12:28] | Veronica’s ill… | 维罗妮卡只是病了 |
[12:31] | not paranoid. | 而不是妄想狂 |
[12:35] | I think I got this right. | 我想我调试好了 |
[12:37] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[12:37] | Today is March 10th. 1968. | 今天是1968年三月十日 |
[12:39] | This is detective Montrose interviewing Veronica Sloan. | 这是警探蒙特罗斯对维罗妮卡・斯隆的审问 |
[12:43] | Did your sister Rose have enemies, anyone who’d want to hurt her? | 有想置你妹妹罗斯于死地的人吗 |
[12:46] | Not at all. Everyone loved her. | 绝对没有 她可是人见人爱 |
[12:48] | What about you, Veronica? Do you love Rose? | 那你呢 维罗妮卡 你爱罗斯吗 |
[12:50] | How can you ask that? | 你怎么问出这种话 |
[12:52] | I’d trade places in a heartbeat if I could. | 我愿意拿我的命换她回来 |
[12:54] | The only thing I hear is survivor’s guilt. | 我只能听出幸存者的自责 |
[12:56] | Ok, let’s go over your statement. | 好的 我们再核对一下你的口供 |
[12:57] | When was the last time you saw Rose? | 你最后一次见罗斯是在什么时候 |
[12:59] | That morning. | 那天早上 |
[13:00] | We met for coffee for about an hour. | 我们相约喝咖啡 在一起大约一个小时 |
[13:03] | And you never saw her after that? | 而你之后就再也没见过她 |
[13:04] | No. | 没有 |
[13:05] | Hear the difference in response speed between those two answers? | 听出两次回答反应速度之间的差别了吗 |
[13:07] | The no was quicker. | “没有”回答得更快 |
[13:08] | People get frustrated, don’t they? | 人们总会有挫败感的 不是吗 |
[13:10] | Especially if they’re innocent. | 尤其是当他们是清白的时候 |
[13:12] | Frustration has a sharper edge. | 挫败时的语气会更加强烈一些 |
[13:14] | Did you hear how emotional she was earlier in the tape? | 你有没有听到她之前有多情绪化 |
[13:18] | That last no was rehearsed. | 最后那句”没有”是预先准备过的 |
[13:20] | Veronica knew something. | 维罗妮卡一定知道什么 |
[13:25] | Do you know where you are, Veronica? | 你知道自己在哪儿吗 维罗妮卡 |
[13:27] | I don’t remember this place, Burt, | 我不记得这里 伯特 |
[13:29] | but it smells awfully like a hospital to me. | 但这里的气味很难闻 像是医院 |
[13:36] | Hello, Veronica. | 你好 维罗妮卡 |
[13:39] | Come on. | 过来 |
[13:41] | Who is that? Do you know who he is? | 那是谁 你认识他吗 |
[13:42] | No, I’ve never seen him before, but… | 不 我从没见过他 但是 |
[13:45] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛 |
[13:46] | I came to see veronica. Is that a problem? | 我来看望维罗妮卡 有问题吗 |
[13:49] | Hi, Veronica. | 你好 维罗妮卡 |
[13:53] | I’m sorry, have we met? | 不好意思 我们见过吗 |
[14:09] | You’re not Burt. | 你不是伯特 |
[14:10] | No, I’m not, love, no. | 不 亲爱的 我不是 |
[14:12] | But I am a friend. | 但我是你的朋友 |
[14:14] | This is my daughter Emily. | 这是我的女儿 艾米利 |
[14:24] | Dr. Lightman. | 莱特曼博士 |
[14:26] | Dr. Joshua Hamill. | 我是乔舒亚・哈米尔医生 |
[14:27] | How do you do? | 幸会 |
[14:28] | Hello, Veronica. | 你好 维罗妮卡 |
[14:30] | I was worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[14:31] | But you’re home now. | 好在你现在回家了 |
[14:33] | Dr. Lightman, | 莱特曼博士 |
[14:33] | I can’t thank you enough for bringing her back. | 你把她带回来我真是感激不尽 |
[14:35] | I have Alzheimer’s, don’t I, Dr. Hamill? | 哈米尔医生 我是不是患有老年痴呆症 |
[14:39] | Can I talk to you for a minute, outside? | 我能和你出去谈一下吗 |
[14:44] | I’m only 60. | 我才六十岁 |
[14:45] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[14:48] | Can we hold off on those, just for a minute? | 咱们能暂时先不让她吃药吗 |
[14:51] | I want her thinking straight for a while longer. | 我想让她再多清醒一会儿 |
[14:53] | Lucidity is never a given at this stage, I’m sorry to say. | 抱歉 病到这个阶段已很难维持清醒了 |
[14:57] | Vincent Olson, resident psychiatrist. | 我是文森特・奥尔森 住院精神病医师 |
[14:59] | Right you are. | 可不是吗 |
[15:01] | Well, she’s lucid now. | 但她现在是清醒的 |
[15:02] | Uh, Dr. Lightman, | 莱特曼博士 |
[15:04] | Uh, Alzheimer’s patients like Veronica | 像维罗妮卡这样的老年痴呆症患者 |
[15:06] | need their meds, or there’s a possibility | 需要药物控制 否则有可能 |
[15:08] | they could hurt themselves and/or the staff. | 他们会伤及自己以至医务人员 |
[15:11] | Veronica could use some companionship, | 有人陪陪维罗妮卡也好 |
[15:13] | And, uh, I’m sure a few more hours medication-free shouldn’t hurt. | 而我相信几个小时不用药也没无伤大雅 |
[15:16] | As long as there’s a good reason, I’ll sign off. | 只要是理由合理 我会批准的 |
[15:19] | Well, when we found her, | 是这样 当我们发现她的时候 |
[15:21] | She was running away from somebody called Charlie | 她正想逃离一个叫查理的人 |
[15:24] | she says she saw kill her sister. | 此人据她所称杀死了她的妹妹 |
[15:25] | Her sister died in 1968. | 她妹妹1968年就去世了 |
[15:27] | No, her sister was killed in 1968. | 不 她妹妹是1968年被杀的 |
[15:30] | And she was a suspect. | 而她还是嫌犯之一 |
[15:32] | So…what are you saying? | 那 你的意思是 |
[15:35] | Well, she thinks she saw charlie kill her sister | 既然她认为自己看见查理杀死了妹妹 |
[15:36] | and now she’s afraid he’s coming after her. | 而现在她害怕他来追杀自己 |
[15:38] | Now, I can help her with that. | 我可以帮她追查这个 |
[15:41] | More than those pills. | 可比那些药片管用得多 |
[15:56] | That’s rose. | 这就是罗斯 |
[16:05] | Is that you and burt? | 那是你和伯特吗 |
[16:08] | No, that’s someone else. | 不 那不是伯特 |
[16:11] | Someone that hurt you, right? | 是某个伤害了你的人 对吧 |
[16:21] | You were engaged to someone before Burt. | 你和伯特结婚前和别人定过婚 |
[16:24] | What happened, love? | 亲爱的 发生了什么事 |
[16:57] | Charlie Eaton. | 查理・伊顿 |
[17:04] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[17:05] | Veronica sloan says you killed her sister. | 维罗妮卡・斯隆说你杀了她妹妹 |
[17:09] | Are you from the home? | 你是她家里的人吗 |
[17:11] | It must have been right about the same time | 这和你参军去越南 |
[17:13] | as you went to Vietnam. | 的时间点恰好重合 |
[17:19] | Bit of a coincidence, though, don’t you think? | 有点太巧了 不是吗 |
[17:21] | I mean, your fiancee’s sister getting killed on the same day | 你未婚妻的妹妹被杀的当天 |
[17:25] | That you signed up for duty. | 你就报名参军 |
[17:28] | You get off my property right now, whoever you are. | 无论你是谁 现在就滚出我的地盘 |
[17:32] | What happened between you and Veronica, then? | 你和维罗妮卡之间发生了什么 |
[17:38] | That’s none of your damn business. | 发生什么都不关你的事 |
[17:43] | You missed a bit. | 这块没扫干净 |
[17:46] | Body language shows overt affection | 肢体语言表明维罗妮卡 罗斯 |
[17:48] | Between Veronica, Charlie, and Rose. | 和查理之间有明显的好感 |
[17:50] | You’re missing the most obvious bit, you know? | 你忽略了最明显的一点 |
[17:52] | Two months later, all that is gone. | 2个月后 一切不复存在 |
[17:54] | No warmth between Veronica and Charlie. | 维罗妮卡和查理之间不再情意绵绵 |
[17:56] | Rose can’t even look at her sister. | 罗斯甚至不敢直视她姐姐 |
[17:58] | All right, stop trying to read the faces for a sec | 先别忙着分析表情 |
[18:00] | and just use your bloody eyes, all right? | 就从普通人的角度去看 |
[18:01] | You could just tell us instead of belittling our work. | 你可以直接告诉我们而非一直贬低我们 |
[18:05] | All right, push in on that one. | 放大那张 |
[18:09] | See, that’s why Charlie lost his touch | 这就是查理今天扔下耙子 |
[18:11] | with the rake today. | 匆匆离去的原因 |
[18:12] | I mean, she’s not even aware that she’s rubbing her tummy. | 她甚至都没意识到她在抚摸自己的肚子 |
[18:15] | And what were little more than bee stings 2 months earlier | 而且两个月前的”飞机场” |
[18:18] | are now dead heat in a zeppelin race. | 已经变成了现在的”波涛汹涌”了 |
[18:22] | Lovely. Thank you. | 多谢你的”观察入微” |
[18:23] | I’ll bet her ankles are swollen. | 我猜她的脚踝也肿了 |
[18:26] | I’ll bet she’s, you know, busting for a pee. | 我猜她还得不停地跑厕所 |
[18:30] | She’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[18:33] | Genius. | 天才 |
[18:45] | You were engaged to Veronica, right? | 你当时和维罗妮卡订婚了是吧 |
[18:48] | But you got her sister up her duff. | 但你搞大了她妹妹的肚子 |
[18:51] | Pregnant, in layman’s terms. | 或者通俗点说 怀孕 |
[18:53] | You got 5 seconds to get off this property | 在我拿出猎枪前 |
[18:54] | Before I go get my shotgun. | 给你5秒滚出我的地盘 |
[18:56] | Veronica’s got alzheimer’s. | 维罗妮卡得了老年痴呆 |
[19:00] | She’s convinced that you killed her sister Rose. | 她深信你杀了她妹妹罗斯 |
[19:03] | What, you gonna run away again, are you, | 你又准备逃走是吧 |
[19:05] | ’cause I can see you got something to say about all of this. | 我看得出你对此有话想说 |
[19:07] | Are you a cop? | 你是条子吗 |
[19:08] | No, I’m not. | 我不是 |
[19:10] | Authority issues? | 对权威机构不满吗 |
[19:13] | You got a name? | 名字呢 |
[19:14] | Lightman. | 莱特曼 |
[19:15] | She thinks I’m her husband Burt. | 她以为我是她丈夫伯特 |
[19:19] | I hear he was a good man. | 我听说他是个好人 |
[19:21] | Good husband. | 好丈夫 |
[19:22] | She was hard to forget, I would imagine. | 她让你难以忘怀 我能猜到 |
[19:30] | You have no idea. | 你绝对不知道她有多好 |
[19:34] | Yeah. | 是嘛 |
[19:36] | It was a one-time thing with Rose. | 我和罗斯只是一时冲动 |
[19:39] | A mistake. | 是个错误 |
[19:41] | Well, that would be some great swimmers | 那要归功于蝌蚪游得快 |
[19:43] | and some lousy luck. | 以及运气不好 |
[19:48] | I promised I’d do right by her. | 我保证过我会负责 |
[19:51] | But when veronica found out, | 但是维罗妮卡发现了 |
[19:53] | she and the rest of the family, they wanted to kill me. | 她和她的家人都想杀了我 |
[19:56] | So you ran away | 所以你跑路 |
[19:59] | to vietnam. | 去了越南 |
[20:01] | I didn’t kill Rose, Mr. Lightman. | 莱特曼先生 我没杀害罗斯 |
[20:05] | But you’re saying Veronica did? | 但你觉得是维罗妮卡干的 |
[20:07] | Where do you get that? | 你从哪看出来的 |
[20:10] | Right there. | 就从你脸上 |
[20:17] | So, you think her alzheimer’s | 你觉得她的老年痴呆 |
[20:19] | is masking her guilt, do you? | 掩盖了她的愧疚感 对吗 |
[20:22] | Well, that’s a new one. | 这观点可够新 |
[20:24] | Rose betrayed veronica. | 罗斯背叛了维罗妮卡 |
[20:26] | You need to face facts. | 你得正视事实 |
[20:27] | It’s quite possible Veronica killed her. | 维罗妮卡完全有动机杀了她 |
[20:33] | You think… | 你觉得 |
[20:35] | I mean, it’s strong as an ox. | 我是说这车马力猛的跟公牛似的 |
[20:38] | Do you think I should let Emily drive it? | 你觉得我该让艾米丽开它吗 |
[20:41] | ’cause it’s very… | 因为它太 |
[20:42] | Fancy. | 给力 |
[20:43] | Powerful. | 马力十足 |
[20:45] | Don’t tell me it hasn’t crossed your mind. | 别告诉我你没想过 |
[20:47] | I mean, you know, alzheimer’s affects short-term memory first. | 老年痴呆先是影响短期记忆 |
[20:49] | Long-term memory is often the last to go. | 通常到最后才会影响长期记忆 |
[20:51] | Oh, so that’s what’s happening to her, is it? | 所以那就是她现在的情况吗 |
[20:54] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[20:57] | Veronica’s old place. | 维罗妮卡的旧址 |
[20:59] | And you’re gonna pick her up and you’re gonna bring her there. | 你去接她然后我们去那里会合 |
[21:01] | What, to see gus? | 去见格斯吗 |
[21:02] | No, to resurrect Burt. | 不是 是让伯特复活 |
[21:16] | Veronica. | 维罗妮卡 |
[21:17] | Can I get your coat? | 能让我帮你拿外套吗 |
[21:21] | Darling, how are you? | 亲爱的 你好吗 |
[21:23] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[21:25] | Where’s Burt? | 伯特呢 |
[21:31] | Can I get you a drink? | 给你倒杯喝的吧 |
[21:33] | It’s a Manhattan, right? | 你喜欢喝曼哈顿是吧 |
[21:36] | I think I might be out of cherries. | 我想家里可能没樱桃了 |
[21:38] | Oh, no, it’s all taken care of. Don’t worry. | 没关系 交给我就好 |
[21:40] | Well, come through. Take a seat. | 过来坐吧 |
[21:45] | Carnations. My favorite. | 康乃馨 我的最爱 |
[21:48] | Oh, Burt! ha ha! | 我的伯特 |
[21:49] | You shouldn’t have. | 你不用特意买给我的 |
[21:51] | Well, you two, you just sit and get to know each other. | 你们两个就坐下聊聊吧 |
[21:54] | One Manhattan coming. | 曼哈顿马上就来 |
[21:58] | I sure hope you two know what you’re doing. | 我希望你知道自己在做什么 |
[22:00] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也希望 |
[22:04] | No cherry for Burt. | 伯特不吃樱桃的 |
[22:10] | Burt? | 伯特 |
[22:12] | What happened to my piano? | 我的钢琴呢 |
[22:15] | Drinks all around. | 喝的来了 |
[22:18] | There you go. | 给你 |
[22:19] | One for you. | 这杯给你 |
[22:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:22] | So, in 1968, | 在1968年 |
[22:25] | When you were interviewed about Rose’s death, | 当你因罗斯的死接受审讯时 |
[22:29] | Why didn’t you tell the truth? | 你为什么不说出实情 |
[22:33] | Who’s this woman in my house, Burt? | 这个女的是谁 怎么会在我家 伯特 |
[22:37] | This is a friend of mine. | 这是我的一个朋友 |
[22:39] | In my house? | 在我家 |
[22:41] | You think I don’t know what’s going on? | 你以为我不知道是怎么回事吗 |
[22:44] | You were jealous of Rose and Charlie back then, weren’t you? | 你曾经嫉妒罗斯和查理 不是吗 |
[22:47] | Just like you’re jealous now. | 正如你现在也在嫉妒一样 |
[22:49] | Charlie killed them all, Burt. | 他们都是查理杀的 伯特 |
[22:52] | Every single one. | 每一个都是 |
[22:54] | Rose, Natalie, | 罗斯 娜塔莉 |
[22:56] | Bob Urqhart, | 鲍勃・厄哈特 |
[22:58] | And the neighbor, Mrs. Baird. | 还有邻居 贝尔德太太 |
[23:03] | Rose didn’t want to have Charlie’s baby. | 罗斯不想生下查理的孩子 |
[23:05] | No, you didn’t want her to have his baby. | 是你不想她生下他的孩子 |
[23:21] | There was this woman I knew. | 我认识一个女人 |
[23:27] | Said she could take care of things. | 说她可以搞定这种事 |
[23:34] | Rose died having a… | 罗斯是死于 |
[23:39] | an… | 流 |
[23:44] | I was a nurse. | 我是护士 |
[23:47] | I knew better. | 我应该想到的 |
[24:10] | Here. | 给 |
[24:18] | This is just soda water, Burt. | 伯特 这只是苏打水 |
[24:22] | With a cherry on top. | 不过放了樱桃 |
[24:26] | Ok. Thanks. I appreciate it. | 好的 谢谢 感激不尽 |
[24:32] | You saw that, right? | 你也看到了吧 |
[24:33] | The contempt for charlie? | 对查理的不屑吗 |
[24:34] | Yeah. But she hates herself more than she hates Charlie. | 对 但她恨自己多于恨查理 |
[24:37] | She killed her sister trying to abort his baby. | 她让她妹妹堕胎间接害死了她 |
[24:39] | Really? Are you sure about that? | 真的 你确定吗 |
[24:42] | All right, then. Out with it. | 好吧 一吐为快吧 |
[24:44] | You seem to have changed your mind | 你似乎改变了关于她的病 |
[24:45] | about her illness masking her guilt. | 掩盖她的愧疚感的看法 |
[24:47] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[24:47] | Disagree with what? | 不同意什么 |
[24:48] | That what we do doesn’t work better | 如果我们始终意见一致 |
[24:52] | ’cause we agree all the time. | 我们的工作就不会进步 |
[24:52] | Yeah, but that’s not what I’m talking about. | 对 可这并不是我想说的 |
[24:54] | Back in 1968, veronica thought she | 1968年时 维罗尼卡自认 |
[24:56] | was doing the right thing. Right? | 她的做法是对的 是吧 |
[24:58] | And it’s still killing her. | 现在这件事却让她痛不欲生 |
[25:00] | Before you say we should go to the police on this, | 之前你说我们应该把她交给警察 |
[25:02] | I beg to differ on that. | 恕我不能赞同 |
[25:03] | You make me so mad sometimes. | 你有时简直要把我逼疯 |
[25:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:08] | Anything else? | 还有什么吗 |
[25:11] | So I made a couple of calls. | 所以我打了几个电话求证 |
[25:14] | And Brs. Baird is alive and well and living in Boston. | 贝尔德太太住在波士顿 活得好好的 |
[25:16] | And Mr. Urqhart, | 还有厄哈特先生 |
[25:19] | Died in a helicopter crash in 1999. | 1999年死于直升机坠毁 |
[25:22] | So she’s mixing up people from the | 那么她是把过去与现在的人 |
[25:23] | present with people from the past. | 弄混了 |
[25:25] | Including Charlie? | 包括查理 |
[26:00] | A stick, a stone, it’s the end of the road. | |
[26:04] | It’s the rest of a stump, it’s a little alone. | |
[26:08] | It’s a sliver of glass, it is life, it’s the sun. | |
[26:11] | It is night, it is death, it’s a trap, it’s a gun. | |
[26:15] | The oak when it blooms, a fox in the brush. | |
[26:20] | A knot in the wood, the song of a thrush. | |
[26:23] | The wood of the wind… | |
[26:31] | All right? | 嗨 |
[26:39] | It’s a motorcycle accident. | 是摩托车事故 |
[26:43] | Oh, yeah. | 是 |
[26:44] | 26 years old. | 才二十六岁 |
[26:46] | Been in a coma 8 months they say. | 他们说他陷入昏迷八个月了 |
[26:50] | You a relative of Veronica’s? | 你是维罗尼卡的亲戚吗 |
[26:54] | Now and then, yeah. | 有时 是的 |
[26:55] | Frank Stoll. | 弗兰克・斯托尔 |
[26:57] | How do you do? | 你好 |
[26:58] | Can’t tell you how much she lifted my daughter’s spirits. | 我都无法告诉你她让我女儿开心了多少 |
[27:03] | Gretchen died last night. | 格雷琴昨晚去世了 |
[27:05] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[27:07] | Uh, she, uh… | 她 |
[27:09] | Wanted veronica to have this. | 想要维罗尼卡收下这个 |
[27:11] | She painted it herself. | 她自己画的 |
[27:14] | It’s a rose. | 画的是玫瑰 |
[27:15] | It’s what Veronica always called her. | 维罗妮卡就叫她玫瑰 |
[27:15] | 英文中Rose可同时为罗斯与玫瑰之义 | |
[27:18] | It’s her sister’s name. | 那是她妹妹的名字 |
[27:42] | 12 residents dead in the last 6 months, | 过去六个月这里有十二名病人去世 |
[27:45] | Including Gretchen, who was only 17. | 包括只有十七岁的格蕾琴 |
[27:51] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:53] | Veronica, love, | 维罗妮卡 亲爱的 |
[27:55] | Do you know these people? | 你认识这些人吗 |
[27:58] | Mrs. Baird. | 贝尔德太太 |
[28:04] | Natalie. | 娜塔莉 |
[28:06] | Bob Urqhart. | 鲍勃 ・厄哈特 |
[28:16] | Rose. | 罗斯 |
[28:21] | Thanks, love. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[28:25] | All people from this place. | 都是这里的人 |
[28:28] | So the Charlie she’s scared of is in here, | 那么她所惧怕的查理就在这里 |
[28:31] | Somewhere, | 在某个角落 |
[28:33] | killing people. | 夺人性命 |
[28:39] | Dr. Hamill. | 哈米尔医生 |
[28:41] | Sorry I’m late. I had a meeting, | 抱歉 我迟到了 我刚才在开会 |
[28:42] | and it ran over for a couple of minutes, you know? | 拖了几分钟 你懂得 |
[28:45] | 20 minutes. | 二十分钟 |
[28:46] | What, you got a tee time or something? | 您这是用哪儿计时呢 |
[28:48] | You call me here to your fishbowl | 是你打电话把我叫到这个鱼缸里的 |
[28:50] | to accuse me of incompetence. | 来指控我的不称职 |
[28:51] | And you keep me waiting 20 minutes. | 你倒是让我等了二十分钟 |
[28:53] | No one’s accused you of anything yet. | 现在还没有任何人指控你呢 |
[28:57] | Do you always enjoy this level of antagonism? | 你一向很喜欢这种敌意吗 |
[29:00] | Yes! yeah. | 是的 我喜欢 |
[29:03] | It’s like oxygen to me. | 对我来说就和氧气一样 |
[29:05] | Dr. Hamill. | 哈米尔医生 |
[29:06] | Hi. | 你好 |
[29:07] | Angels of death follow a very specific pathology. | 死亡天使遵循严格的病理学 |
[29:10] | Angel of death. Is that what you think this is? | 死亡天使 你认为这是死亡天使干的 |
[29:15] | They take pleasure in power over others, | 他们以控制他人为趣 |
[29:18] | a god complex. | 有种上帝情结 |
[29:21] | I’ve been practicing medicine for 20 years– | 我行医已有二十多年了 |
[29:24] | Then you’d know the type. | 那你该知道是哪一种人了 |
[29:25] | Someone with an intimate knowledge of medicine. | 是对医学有着很深的了解的人 |
[29:28] | Don’t you think I would know | 你觉得如果我的雇员在谋杀患者 |
[29:30] | if one of my employees was killing patients? | 我会不知道吗 |
[29:33] | Your patients are dropping like flies…doctor. | 你的患者已经死得又多又快 医生 |
[29:36] | How long do you want to continue with the small talk? | 你还想打太极多久 |
[29:38] | Ok, I’ve read the autopsy reports, | 我读了尸检报告 |
[29:40] | In detail. | 逐字逐句地 |
[29:42] | The deaths you are talking about | 你所说的死亡之间 |
[29:44] | are all unrelated. | 都互无关系 |
[29:47] | That kind of emphatic denial | 你这种断然否认 |
[29:49] | ith stress on every word | 强调每词 |
[29:51] | is a sign of condescending deception, doctor. | 是一种居高临下的欺骗 医生 |
[29:55] | There’s no angel of death on my staff. | 我的雇员里没有死亡天使 |
[29:58] | Do you vet everyone that you hire personally? | 你会调查你雇的每个人吗 |
[30:02] | Yes. | 会 |
[30:03] | Good. | 好吧 |
[30:04] | I want total access. | 我要得到你的全权授权 |
[30:06] | Residents… | 患者 |
[30:08] | Staff. | 雇员 |
[30:15] | Did you ever get angry at a patient? | 你向患者发过火吗 |
[30:17] | Ever have a bedpan emptied on you? | 有人向你身上倒过夜壶吗 |
[30:21] | Do you ever feel happy when a resident dies? | 患者去世时你会感到快乐吗 |
[30:23] | Relieved, sometimes. | 有时 会如释重负 |
[30:27] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂 |
[30:30] | You must know. | 你必须知道 |
[30:31] | I used to get upset. | 我曾经会很伤心 |
[30:34] | But after a while, you just get used to it, you know? | 但一段时间后 你就会适应 |
[30:36] | The deaths. The next day at your kid’s soccer game, | 这些死亡 第二天在孩子的足球赛上 |
[30:40] | you just put it out of your mind. | 你就会忘得一干二净 |
[30:44] | One thing these people all have in common | 这些人的共同特征是 |
[30:46] | is professional numbness. | 职业性的麻木 |
[30:47] | You know, like cops and gallows humor. | 就像警察和黑色幽默 |
[30:54] | I’ve got this one. | 我来问这个 |
[30:57] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[30:58] | Frazier. | 弗雷泽 |
[30:59] | Why can’t I talk to her? | 我为什么不能跟她谈 |
[31:01] | You like what you do, Frazier? | 你喜欢你的职业吗 弗雷泽 |
[31:03] | I need my job. | 我需要工作 |
[31:04] | You know what I mean, in a straight answer? | 你能直接回答我的问题吗 |
[31:06] | I bring the stink of horizon home with me every day. | 我每早都带着清晨的臭味回家 |
[31:09] | Shower twice just to scrub it all out. | 洗两遍澡才能冲掉这个味道 |
[31:10] | I shaved my head ’cause there ain’t enough shampoo in the world. | 我剃了光头因为没有足够的洗发水 |
[31:13] | Is that straight enough for you? | 这够直白了吧 |
[31:15] | And yet you still love what you do? | 即使如此你还是喜欢你的职业 |
[31:18] | Those people, yeah. | 那些人 确实 |
[31:19] | Every day I learn something new from them. | 每天我都能从他们身上学到新东西 |
[31:21] | Such as? | 比如 |
[31:22] | Life is short. | 生命短暂 |
[31:24] | Let’s just say, you disrespect them, you disrespect me. | 你不尊重他们 你也不尊重我们 |
[31:27] | How long you worked there? | 你在这儿工作多久了 |
[31:28] | 6 years. | 六年 |
[31:30] | You ever think about quitting? | 想过要辞职吗 |
[31:32] | Not so long as there’s patients who want to fight, no. | 只要这些患者斗争不止 我就不辞职 |
[31:36] | You’re the only person that we’ve talked to | 你是我们询问过的这些人中 |
[31:38] | that loves what they do. | 唯一一个喜欢自己的职业的人 |
[31:42] | Then you think I’m crazy, right? | 你认为我疯了对吧 |
[31:43] | Bonkers. | 脑子不正常 |
[31:44] | Yeah. But that’s another story. | 是 不过这个另说 |
[31:48] | Is there anyone else there that cares like you do? | 除你之外还有谁像你一样关心他们吗 |
[31:52] | Dr. Olson. | 奥尔森医生 |
[31:57] | It’s the joy in your heart | |
[32:00] | The foot, the ground | |
[32:02] | The flesh and the bone | |
[32:03] | The beat of the road | |
[32:05] | A slingshot’s stone | |
[32:07] | A fish, a flash | |
[32:09] | A silvery glow | |
[32:11] | A fight, a bet | |
[32:13] | The range of the bow | |
[32:16] | The bed of the well | |
[32:17] | The end of the line | |
[32:18] | The dismay in the face | |
[32:20] | It’s a loss, it’s a find… | |
[32:35] | How you doing? All right? | 你好吗 一切都好吧 |
[32:36] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[32:48] | Sometimes they just surrender. | 有时候他们就那么放弃了 |
[32:55] | You believe that, do you? | 你还真信这套啊 |
[32:59] | Neither do I. | 我也不信 |
[33:00] | There comes a time when they should be allowed to just go. | 时候到了 你就要放手让他们走 |
[33:05] | What about this one? | 那这个人呢 |
[33:07] | Did she want to…go? | 她自己想走吗 |
[33:10] | Or did she want to fight? | 没准她想抗争呢 |
[33:14] | Or don’t you know for sure? | 还是你根本就不确定 |
[33:19] | Have a think. | 好好琢磨琢磨 |
[33:21] | Get back to me. | 晚点再回答我 |
[33:47] | She looks so peaceful. | 她看起来好安详 |
[33:50] | Doesn’t she? | 不是吗 |
[33:51] | You really helped her, you know. | 你真的帮了她不少 |
[33:54] | Put her mind at rest. | 平静了她的内心 |
[33:56] | Or the best you could. | 你尽力了 |
[33:58] | Playing the role of her husband Burt when she really needed it. | 在她需要的时候扮演她的丈夫伯特 |
[34:02] | I want to thank you for that. | 我想感谢你做的这一切 |
[34:03] | Are you thanking me on her behalf? | 你是在替她谢我吗 |
[34:07] | Oh, I just came to say goodbye. | 我只是来道别的 |
[34:11] | I’m going to leave you two alone now. | 我正要离开 |
[34:14] | You robbed a man of his daughter. | 你夺走了一个人的女儿 |
[34:17] | And then you just move on. | 之后还能心安理得地生活 |
[34:19] | How many times have you done this? | 这种事你干过多少次了 |
[34:20] | If you’re talking about Gretchen Stoll, | 如果你是指格蕾琴・斯托尔的话 |
[34:23] | what if I were to tell you | 要是我跟你说 |
[34:24] | that she needed a lot more than her father? | 她需要的远不止是一个父亲呢 |
[34:27] | More than her earthly father, you mean. | 你是指远不止尘世间的父亲 |
[34:28] | Imagine being so riddled with disease, | 你想象一下那种疾病缠身的滋味 |
[34:30] | you can’t respond. | 你根本动弹不得 |
[34:32] | Every day a living hell. | 每天都活在炼狱里 |
[34:34] | Wouldn’t you want someone to come along | 你难道不希望有个人出现 |
[34:36] | and bring a peaceful, dignified end to your pain? | 让你了结得安详且有尊严吗 |
[34:39] | Someone play God? | 你是说有人来扮演上帝吗 |
[34:41] | What do you think doctors are doing | 你认为当医生们把早产儿 |
[34:43] | when they put a preemie in an incubator? | 放在恒温箱里时扮演的是什么角色 |
[34:45] | Or conversely, perform an abortion | 或是相反 当他们做堕胎手术 |
[34:49] | or put someone in a vegetative state on life support? | 或是给植物人接上生命维持器的时候呢 |
[34:52] | We play God in many different ways. | 我们以很多种不同的方式扮演上帝 |
[34:55] | What about all the other people you killed? | 那你杀死的其他人呢 |
[34:57] | I mean, did you ask their permission? | 你经过他们的允许了吗 |
[35:02] | This is a hypothetical discussion, Dr. Lightman. | 这只是个假设性的讨论 莱特曼博士 |
[35:05] | I beg your pardon, did we get our wires crossed? | 不好意思 咱俩是在鸡同鸭讲吗 |
[35:23] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[35:26] | That’s the trigger. | 这就是触动点 |
[35:29] | The white coat is the trigger. | 白大褂就是她的触动点 |
[35:32] | She thinks you’re Charlie, | 她以为你是查理 |
[35:33] | who she blamed for her sister’s death. | 她把她妹妹的死都怪在查理头上 |
[35:37] | I… | 我 |
[35:39] | killed Rose… | 杀了罗斯 |
[35:42] | Trying to abort your baby. | 在让她堕掉你孩子的时候 |
[35:44] | I know you know, and now you want to kill me. | 我知道你知道了 所以你现在想要杀我 |
[35:47] | Veronica, I’m a doctor. | 维罗妮卡 我是个医生 |
[35:50] | My job is to help you. | 我的工作是要帮助你 |
[35:52] | Can you ever forgive me for what I did, Charlie? | 你能原谅我的所作所为吗 查理 |
[35:56] | Yes. | 可以 |
[35:58] | Of course I forgive you, Veronica. | 我当然原谅你 维罗妮卡 |
[36:01] | But the question is, | 但是问题是 |
[36:04] | can he? | 他能吗 |
[36:24] | What are you doing? | 你在这干吗 |
[36:26] | Emily let me in. | 艾米丽让我进来的 |
[36:28] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[36:31] | I brought you your usual. | 我带了你常喝的酒 |
[36:39] | What are we drinking to, then? | 那我为什么要和你喝酒 |
[36:40] | Well, I came here to thank you. | 我是来谢你的 |
[36:46] | For what, exactly? | 为了什么谢我 |
[36:47] | For this. | 为了这个 |
[36:50] | For taking away my desk. | 还有没收了我的桌子 |
[36:53] | How’d you get that thing? | 你的脸是怎么回事 |
[36:54] | Call it research. | 就当是调查吧 |
[36:56] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:59] | You were trying to be like me, were you? | 你是想学我那套 对吧 |
[37:01] | Oh, you wish. | 你想得美 |
[37:06] | I thought you was on the hunt for a new job. | 我以为你在找新工作呢 |
[37:11] | Yeah, well… | 是啊 |
[37:14] | you heard about the economy, right? | 但你也知道现在的经济环境 对吧 |
[37:16] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[37:19] | You know, research… | 你知道 有那么一两次 |
[37:23] | almost killed me | 我差点被 |
[37:26] | once or twice. | 调查给害死 |
[37:28] | Papua, New Guinea? | 新几内亚岛巴布亚那次吗 |
[37:30] | Papua, New Guinea? | 什么新几内亚岛巴布亚 |
[37:32] | Downtown, D.C. | 是在华府市中心 |
[37:35] | You do what we do right, | 想做我们这行的行家 |
[37:40] | it’s gonna hurt. | 肯定要付出代价 |
[37:46] | Don’t push it. | 别得寸进尺 |
[37:59] | Hello, Mark. | 你好 马克 |
[38:02] | It’s Dr. Olson. | 我是奥尔森医生 |
[38:05] | Everything’s gonna be all right. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[38:19] | Goodbye, Mark. | 再见 马克 |
[38:38] | God works in mysterious ways, eh? | 又在扮演神秘的上帝啊 |
[38:42] | You just gave him saline solution. | 你刚给他注射的只是盐水而已 |
[38:45] | You should learn to keep your office locked. | 你应该学会锁好办公室的门 |
[38:48] | You think I enjoy this. | 你以为我很享受吗 |
[38:52] | You just made a unilateral decision to end a life. | 你刚刚单方面决定要结束一条生命 |
[38:59] | And prevent pain. | 还结束了痛苦 |
[39:02] | Shame on you. | 恬不知耻 |
[39:08] | You don’t have to worry about Charlie anymore. He’s gone. | 你不用再担心查理了 他走了 |
[39:12] | Who’s Charlie? | 查理是谁 |
[39:13] | Someone you don’t need to worry about, darling. | 一个你不需要担心的人 亲爱的 |
[39:19] | Oh. You leaving? | 你就这么走了 |
[39:23] | Off to work. | 去上班 |
[39:24] | Well, you — you’ll be back for dinner, though? | 但是 你会回来吃晚饭的对吧 |
[39:27] | Soon. | 很快就回来 |
[39:29] | We brought something for you. | 我们带了件东西给你 |
[39:35] | My piano. | 是我的钢琴 |
[40:12] | All those 911 calls. | 她整天说要报警 |
[40:15] | I never believed her. | 我从来都没相信过她 |
[40:17] | I gave up on her. | 我放弃了她 |
[40:19] | You’re doing everything you can. | 你尽力了 |
[40:45] | You ok? | 你没事吧 |
[40:46] | You need to stop that. Come on. | 别老这么问我了 走吧 |
[41:27] | You like your phone, do you? | 你喜欢你的电话对吧 |
[41:29] | Uh, yeah. Why? | 喜欢 怎么了 |
[41:31] | What about this car? You like this car? | 那这辆车呢 你喜欢这辆车吗 |
[41:33] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:35] | Which one do you like best? | 你更喜欢哪个 |
[41:37] | It’s not really a matter of liking, dad. | 这不是喜不喜欢的问题 爸 |
[41:39] | It’s a matter of necessity. | 这是需要的问题 |
[41:40] | It’s necessity, is it? | 是需要 对吧 |
[41:41] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -对吧 -没错 |
[41:43] | That makes me the plonker, then, does it? | 那我就成蠢货了 不是吗 |
[41:45] | You’re acting weird, dad. | 你好奇怪 爸 |
[41:47] | Are you ok? Is this about Veronica? | 你没事吧 是因为维罗妮卡吗 |
[41:49] | Nice try. | 这招不错 |
[41:53] | Well, I mean, did you ever | 我是说 你有那样 |
[41:55] | hold mom’s hands that way? | 握过妈妈的手吗 |
[41:57] | I miss her, too, dad. | 我也想她 老爸 |
[42:00] | Pick one for the next month. | 你下个月只能选一个 |
[42:02] | One what? | 一个什么 |
[42:03] | The phone or the car. Pick one. | 要电话还是要车 选一个 |
[42:11] | Hey, Liam. Would you mind picking me up at my house? | 廉姆 你能来我家接我一下吗 |
[42:14] | Liam? | 廉姆 |
[42:16] | – Liam? – Ok. | -廉姆 -好的 |
[42:17] | Sorry, that’s my dad. | 不好意思 是我爸在讲话 |
[42:18] | Uh, yeah, ok, see you soon. | 好的 待会见 |
[42:22] | New chauffeur. | 新司机 |
[42:26] | You think this is funny, do you? | 你觉得这很好玩是吧 |
[42:28] | Uh, thanks for helping Veronica. | 谢谢你帮了维罗妮卡 |
[42:32] | It — it really meant a lot to me. | 这对我来说真的意义重大 |
[42:34] | Don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[42:36] | Do what? | 哪样 |
[42:37] | That. | 就那样 |
[42:38] | ‘Cause I’m angry with you. | 因为我还在生你的气 |
[42:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:42] | And — and I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[42:45] | Really. | 真的 |
[42:51] | Come on. | 拿来吧 |