时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Mr. Haller, I presume. | 我猜你是哈勒先生 |
[00:08] | The Lincoln Lawyer, that what they call you? | 大家都管你叫“林肯车律师”? |
[00:10] | You haven’t had any cases in quite some time. | 你已经很久都没代理过案件 |
[00:13] | I was in an accident. | 我发生了事故 |
[00:15] | There were complications. I took painkillers. Got addicted to ’em. | 动了好几次手术 还有并发症 我止痛药上瘾了 |
[00:21] | – Hey. – You got Hayley tonight. | -嘿 -今晚你接海莉 |
[00:23] | – Just calling to remind. – Hey, Mags. | -我就是提醒你一下 -嘿 玛姬 |
[00:25] | If you’re gonna treat me like shit, | 你真要把我当狗屎一样对待 |
[00:27] | have the decency to not look so amazing while doing it. | 至少行行好 不要打扮得这么漂亮 |
[00:30] | Uh-uh. | |
[00:32] | What’s your relationship with Jerry Vincent? | 你跟杰瑞文森特关系怎么样? |
[00:35] | He was murdered last night. He left you his practice. | 他昨晚被人杀了 他把他的律师所留给你了 |
[00:37] | Including the Trevor Elliott trial. | 包括特雷弗埃利奥特诉讼案 |
[00:40] | The tech guy who killed his wife, her boyfriend. | 杀了老婆和情夫的技术男 |
[00:42] | Allegedly. | 被指控 |
[00:43] | Before I consider you, I need to know you’d be ready next week, | 在我考虑雇你之前 得知道你为下周准备好没有 |
[00:46] | because I am not pushing this. | 因为我不会同意延期 |
[00:48] | Not for another week. Not for another fucking day. | 一周都不行 一天都他妈的不行 |
[00:51] | Do they know anything? Any suspects? | 他们发现什么了吗?有嫌疑人了吗? |
[00:53] | Not to my knowledge, no. | 据我所知还没有 |
[00:55] | Mickey’s not really serious about trying this case next week, is he? | 下周开庭这事儿 米奇没那么认真 对吧? |
[00:58] | Cases like this don’t come around very often. | 这种案子可不常有 |
[01:00] | Someone targeted Jerry Vincent. You’re at risk, Counselor. | 是有人想干掉杰瑞文森特 你有危险 律师 |
[01:04] | You could be next. | 你可能就是下一个 |
[01:05] | I don’t know how to thank you. I will pay you one day, I promise. | 我不知道该怎么感谢你 我答应你总有一天我会付钱给你 |
[01:08] | Uh, you pay me now. | 你现在就付钱给我 |
[01:10] | I’m broke. Don’t have a nickel to my name. | 我破产了 名下一分钱都没有 |
[01:11] | Have a driver’s license? | 你有驾照吗? |
[01:13] | – Is something wrong? – We’re being followed. | -有什么不对劲吗? -有人在跟着我们 NETFLIX 剧集 |
[01:27] | We’re being followed. Black SUV, a couple cars back. | 有人正在跟踪我们 是辆黑色越野车 隔了几辆车 |
[01:30] | – No front license plate. – You sure? | -车前面没有车牌 -你确定? |
[01:32] | Not positive, but they pulled out right after us. | 不完全确定 但是我们出来时他们就跟上了 |
[01:35] | They’ve been on us ever since. | 一直跟到现在 |
[01:39] | – Want me to try and lose ’em? – That an option? | -你觉得我甩掉他们怎么样? -能做到吗? 《侠盗猎车手》里练过的 |
[01:42] | Works in Grand Theft Auto. | |
[01:58] | Hang on. | 坐稳了 |
[02:15] | Not bad, huh? | 不赖吧? |
[02:33] | You missed all the news trucks out front. But CNN called, the LA Times called. | 你躲开了前门那一大排新闻车 但CNN和《洛杉矶时报》来过电话 |
[02:38] | – You are gonna need a publicist. – No time for interviews. | -你得雇个人负责公关了 -我可没时间面试 |
[02:41] | Izzy, meet Cisco, my investigator. | 伊基 这位是西斯科 我的调查员 |
[02:44] | This is Lorna, she pretty much runs the place. | 这位是劳娜 这地方的事情基本都是她在张罗 |
[02:47] | You put together that list? | 你那份名单列好了吗? |
[02:49] | – Threats from Jerry’s files? – Yeah. It’s on your desk. | -杰瑞文件里可能的危险人物? -弄好了 放在你桌子上了 |
[02:55] | Are we bringing the dog every day? | 这狗现在每天都来上班了? |
[02:57] | He’s still getting used to me working away from home. | 它还在适应我在外工作 |
[03:00] | Aren’t you, Winston? | 对不对 温斯顿? |
[03:02] | Whatever. You want to hang out here for a while? | 随便吧 你要在这儿待一会儿吗? |
[03:04] | No. I’ll grab a coffee downstairs. Call me when you need me? | 不了 我下楼去买杯咖啡 你要走的时候给我打电话 |
[03:07] | – Sounds good. – Nice to meet you both. | -好主意 -二位 幸会了 |
[03:09] | You too, Izzy. | 彼此彼此 伊基 |
[03:10] | Mmm-hmm. | 彼此彼此 伊基 |
[03:14] | – What’s eating you? – You’ve known this girl for ten minutes. | -你不太自在? -你跟这小姑娘只聊过十分钟 |
[03:17] | I get gut feelings about people, you know this. | 我看人很准的 你都知道的 |
[03:20] | Now come on, let’s start on Elliott. All I’ve seen is the prosecution’s case. | 来吧 咱们开始准备埃利奥特的案子 目前为止 我看到的都是检方的说法 |
[03:24] | What do we have in the defense file? | 辩方这边的文件里都有些什么? |
[03:26] | Honestly? Not much. | 说实话吗?没多少东西 |
[03:28] | A couple of statements, a witness list which you already have. | 几份声明 一份你已经拿到的证人名单 |
[03:31] | That’s about it. | 就这么多 |
[03:32] | You mean to tell me Jerry was going to trial | 就这么多 你这话是说 杰瑞这辈子最大的案子要开庭了 |
[03:35] | on the biggest case of his life, and had no defense at all? | 他什么辩护材料都没准备? |
[03:38] | Well, if he had one, it’s not in that file. | 就算他准备了 也不在咱们手上这些文件里 |
[03:41] | Whoever killed him stole his laptop. So, maybe it was on there. | 杀了他的人拿走了他的笔记本电脑 也许在那里存着呢 |
[03:44] | – Didn’t he back that up? – Not here nor in the cloud. | -他没备份? -这里没有 云盘里也没有 |
[03:47] | What about at his house? | 他家里呢? |
[03:48] | My source at the LAPD said they didn’t find anything there, either. | 我在洛城警局的线人说 他们也什么都没找到 |
[03:52] | The judge called for a status conference the day after tomorrow. | 法官召集了审前会议 定在后天 |
[03:55] | This could be the perfect opportunity to ask for a continuance. | 要求延期的话这是个绝佳的机会 |
[03:58] | – I can’t do that. Elliott says… – It’s a deal-breaker. | -我没办法 埃利奥特说了… -我知道延期会砸饭碗 |
[04:01] | But going to trial with nothing ought to be a deal-breaker, too. | 但是没有准备就出庭 不也是砸饭碗吗? |
[04:05] | I’ll figure something out. You need me, I’m back here. | 我来想想怎么办 有事找我的话就来我办公室吧 |
[04:08] | And there is just one other little thing. | 另外就剩一件小事了 |
[04:11] | – What? Something else? – One of Jerry’s cases. | -什么?还有别的事? -杰瑞的另一起案子 |
[04:13] | I’ve been trying to piece together his calendar, | 我一直在想办法搞清楚他的日程 |
[04:16] | which is a disaster, terrible, I can’t figure it out… | 一切都乱七八糟的 太可怕了 我没弄清楚… |
[04:19] | – What is it, Lorna? – Okay. | -怎么了 劳娜? -好吧 |
[04:21] | You’re due back in court. In… | 你又得去出庭了 离开庭时间还有… |
[04:25] | 41 minutes. | 41分钟 |
[04:27] | – In Inglewood. – Inglewood? | -在英格尔伍德 -英格尔伍德? |
[04:30] | But on the bright side… | 但从好的方面来说… |
[04:33] | at least there’s a file. | 至少这个案子的文件找到了 |
[04:39] | I’m seriously beginning to regret this. | 我真的开始后悔了 |
[04:43] | Don’t worry. He thrives on this. | 别担心 这案子会让他支棱起来 |
[04:52] | You’re going with a grand jury instead of prelim. | 你想选择大陪审团而不是预审 |
[04:55] | I wanna keep this under wraps as long as I can. | 我想尽可能地保密 |
[04:57] | That way Soto won’t see us coming, my witnesses don’t get rattled. | 这样索托不知道我们的动向 我的证人们不会有顾虑 |
[05:00] | Just make sure you don’t lose any. | 你要确保不失去任何一个证人 |
[05:03] | Tie this up with a bow, Maggie. Ryan. What’d they say? | 玛姬 这起案子一定要小心再小心 瑞安 他们有什么意见? |
[05:07] | Uh-huh. | |
[05:09] | What? | 什么? |
[05:11] | No, this is my biggest fundraiser. We need that room. | 不行 这是我最大的一场筹款集会 我们必须搞定那个房间 (第1项指控 殴打执法人员) |
[05:28] | You like jazz? | 你喜欢爵士乐? |
[05:30] | Yeah, sometimes. Helps me think. | 有时候喜欢 可以帮助我思考 |
[05:33] | My father used to like it. | 我爸爸以前就喜欢 |
[05:36] | He was a defense lawyer too, right? | 他也是辩护律师吧? |
[05:38] | I looked you up. Had to know what I was getting myself into. | 我查了一下你的背景 我得知道自己在跟什么样的人打交道 |
[05:50] | Man, I can see why you need a car and a driver, | 我知道你为什么需要车和司机了 |
[05:52] | going to different courthouses. | 好在法院之间赶路 |
[05:54] | – Izzy. – Sorry. | -伊基 -对不起 |
[05:59] | Let me ask you something. What’d you think of Jerry? | 我问你个问题 你觉得杰瑞这人怎么样? |
[06:03] | As a lawyer, I mean. Was he a good lawyer? | 我是说按照律师的标准 他算不算个好律师? |
[06:06] | Uh… | |
[06:07] | I guess so. I mean, I’m no expert, but he seemed pretty good to me. | 我猜他算吧 我不是法律专家 但是我觉得他很好 |
[06:12] | Yeah. That’s what I thought, too. | 对啊 我也是这么想的 |
[06:14] | A pretty good lawyer wouldn’t go to trial with nothing. | 一个好律师不可能赤手空拳地出庭 |
[06:21] | – Hey. – Hey, yourself. | -嘿 -嘿 找到你了 |
[06:23] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你啊 |
[06:26] | Hear you got the Elliott case. | 听说你接了埃利奥特案 |
[06:28] | – I guess news travels fast. – Especially around here. | -八卦传得真快 -特别是这一行里 |
[06:32] | I didn’t ask for this, Mags. Judge Holder gave it to me. | 玛姬 不是我主动找他的 霍德尔法官交待给我的 机会是她给你的 但我猜 |
[06:34] | Well, she gave you the opportunity. But I bet | |
[06:37] | it was that patented Mickey Haller charm that got Elliott to sign off. | 是你米奇哈勒招牌式的魅力 让埃利奥特同意的 |
[06:41] | Use what you got, right? | 有什么牌就打什么牌 对吧? |
[06:43] | – How’s Hayley doing? – She’s fine. | -海莉怎么样? -她还好 |
[06:45] | She got a bit freaked out when the cop showed up at your house. | 警察出现在你家时她有点吓坏了 |
[06:48] | Oh, yeah. Griggs. He’s a piece of work. | 是格雷戈斯 这人真难缠 |
[06:52] | Hey, can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事情吗? |
[06:54] | This prosecutor, Golantz, I don’t know him. | 一个叫葛兰兹的检察官 我不认识他 |
[06:58] | That’s what happens when you’re out for a year. | 歇业一年肯定会碰上这种事 |
[07:00] | – Mickey, don’t. – I’m not asking for trade secrets. | -米奇 别问了 -我又不是在刺探商业机密 |
[07:03] | It’s just, you know, what am I up against? | 就是想看看我的对手是哪种人 |
[07:06] | It’s a high-profile murder. Who do you think they’re gonna put on it? | 这起谋杀案备受瞩目 你觉得他们会安排谁? |
[07:09] | – Okay, so he’s good. – Try undefeated. | -好吧 这么说他很厉害 -说“没输过”更恰当 |
[07:13] | It’s why they moved him up to Major Crimes. | 这就是他调进重案组的原因 |
[07:14] | Well, you know I love an undefeated prosecutor. They’re cocky. | 你知道我喜欢没有败绩的检察官 他们都是自大的人 |
[07:18] | Trips them up every time. | 我每次都能让他们摔个跤 |
[07:19] | Yeah, he’s cocky. He’s also prepared. You should be, too. | 他是自大 但也是有备而来的 你也最好有所准备 |
[07:24] | – I gotta go, okay? Good luck. – All right. | -我得挂了 好吗?祝你好运 -好吧 |
[07:35] | Coleman? Which one of you is Terrell Coleman? | 科尔曼?哪位是特雷尔科尔曼? |
[07:40] | I’m Coleman. Who’re you? | 是我 你是谁? |
[07:43] | My name is Mickey Haller. I’m your lawyer. | 我叫米奇哈勒 是你的律师 |
[07:45] | I’m sorry to say this, but Jerry Vincent, he… well, he passed away. | 说起这个我很遗憾 但是杰瑞文森特 他…他去世了 |
[07:49] | Yeah, I saw on TV. Got himself shot. | 对 我在电视上看到了 他被人枪杀了 |
[07:53] | So, what? Now I got you? | 这么说 现在我交给你了? |
[07:55] | If you want me. | 如果你要我的话 |
[07:56] | – But I already paid Jerry. – Then you already paid me. | -但是我钱已经付给杰瑞了 -那就等于你付钱给我了 |
[08:00] | Hey, man. You a lawyer? | 你是律师? |
[08:02] | I am, and I’m busy with a client right now. You mind? | 我是 而且我正在为我的客户服务 你介意吗? |
[08:07] | Sorry about that. | 真是不好意思 |
[08:08] | So, they charged you with battery on a peace officer. | 他们起诉你殴打执法人员 |
[08:11] | Maurice? | 莫里斯? |
[08:13] | – I didn’t lay a finger on that fool. – I’m sorry. Maurice? | -我一根指头都没碰过他 -不好意思 莫里斯是谁? |
[08:16] | Officer Grainger. | 格兰杰警官 |
[08:17] | – You know him? – Of course. | -你认识他? -当然了 |
[08:19] | We went to high school together. | 我们是高中同学 |
[08:21] | Never forgave me for stealing his girlfriend in 10th grade. | 我十年级时撬了他的女朋友 他一直记恨在心里 |
[08:24] | Wait, hold on. | 等等 |
[08:26] | The file says you got shut down selling bootlegged T-shirts outside the USC game. | 文件说你的摊子被取缔是因为 在南加州大学比赛场外销售盗版T恤 |
[08:30] | – Half the city there selling shit. – And you didn’t push him? | -城里有一半的人都在那里卖破烂 -还有 你没推搡他吧? |
[08:33] | – Do I look like an idiot to you? – No, you do not. | -我看起来像个白痴吗? -不像 |
[08:35] | Then why the fuck would I push a cop? Shit, he pushed me. | 那我他妈为什么要推搡警察? 他妈的是他推搡我 |
[08:39] | – Why did he? – What do you mean? | -那他是因为什么? -你什么意思? |
[08:41] | Why’d he push you? | 他因为什么推搡你? |
[08:44] | I might have said something about Chanel. | 可能是我说了几句关于香奈儿的话 |
[08:46] | – Who’s Chanel? – The girlfriend, man. Keep up. | -谁是香奈儿? -那个女朋友 老兄 你得跟上我啊 |
[08:49] | What’d you say your name was? | 你刚才说你叫什么名字? |
[08:52] | – It’s Haller. Mickey Haller. – Okay, Mickey Haller. It’s like this. | -哈勒 米奇哈勒 -好吧 米奇哈勒 是这样的 |
[08:56] | Maurice hates me. And he’s also a cop. | 莫里斯看我不顺眼 而且他还是个警察 |
[08:59] | So that’s just my cross to bear, as my grandma used to say. | 就跟我奶奶常说的 这就是我背上的一座大山 |
[09:03] | And you agreed to a plea of a year. Correct? | 还有 你同意用认罪换只判一年 对吧? |
[09:06] | Jerry said if I didn’t take it, I’d do three. | 杰瑞说如果我不接受会被判三年 |
[09:09] | Man, I got a daughter. | 老兄 我有个女儿 |
[09:12] | I’ve been in here too long already. | 我关在这里已经太长时间了 |
[09:15] | – How old’s your daughter? – Eleven. Almost 12. | -你女儿多大了? -11岁 马上就快12了 |
[09:19] | She lives with her mother half the time. | 她有一半时间跟她妈一起过 |
[09:21] | Well… all the time now. | 现在…是一直跟她过了 |
[09:25] | Jerry said if I plead, they’ll knock off what I served? | 杰瑞说过 如果我认罪 在这拘留也算服刑 对吧? (随身执法记录仪视频-未提供) |
[09:35] | Huh. | |
[09:38] | Haller. You’re up next. | 哈勒 下一场该你了 |
[09:42] | Sit tight. I’m gonna ask for a continuance, buy us a day. Okay? | 好好坐着 我会去申请延期 给咱俩争取一天时间 好吗? |
[09:46] | – For what? – Have faith, Terrell. | -为了什么? -要有信心 特雷尔 |
[09:53] | I need you to call Trevor’s office and set up a meeting. | 我需要你给特雷弗的办公室打个电话 约他一起开个会 |
[09:57] | If I can’t find anything in the file, he may tell me something. | 如果我在文件里什么都找不到 他也许能告诉我一些事情 |
[09:59] | And before I forget, tell Cisco I’m gonna need something for the new case. | 还有 省得我忘了 告诉西斯科那起新案子需要一些信息 |
[10:03] | Terrell Coleman. I’ll explain later. | 特雷尔科尔曼的案子 我一会儿跟你解释 |
[10:06] | Tell him yourself, we’ll be here all night. | 你自己跟他说吧 我们今晚会在这里通宵工作 |
[10:08] | Jerry’s books are an even bigger mess than his calendar. | 杰瑞的账本比他的日程还混乱 |
[10:11] | And I’ll need access to his accounts. | -我需要访问他的银行账户 -给霍尔德法官的书记员发个申请 我会找她签发命令 |
[10:13] | Send an order to Judge Holder’s clerk. I’ll get her to sign it. | |
[10:17] | Listen, Lorna. I know you’re just being protective, | 还有 劳娜 我知道你只是戒心比较重 |
[10:20] | but maybe lighten up about Izzy. | 但是不妨信任伊基 |
[10:22] | Protective? Is that what you think? | 戒心?你就是这么想的? |
[10:24] | She parked her car in the garage this morning and asked me if we validated. | 今天早上她把自己的车停在车库里 还问我们是不是能报销停车费 |
[10:28] | Millennials. They’re the worst. | 千禧世代 最糟糕的一代人 |
[10:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:01] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[11:14] | But are you sure it’s the same SUV? | 你确定是同一辆越野车? |
[11:16] | If I were sure, I’d be a hell of a lot more freaked out. | 我要是能肯定的话 肯定已经吓得半死了 |
[11:20] | I’ll look into it. | 我会调查一下 |
[11:21] | But if there’s no plate number, there’s not much I can do. | 但是如果没有车牌号的话 我也没什么好办法 |
[11:24] | No. I need you to focus on Trevor Elliott. | 不用 你专注在特雷弗埃利奥特身上 |
[11:27] | That reminds me. Last night, when Lorna was going over Jerry’s books, | 这倒是提醒了我 昨晚劳娜在查杰瑞的账时 |
[11:31] | she found a bunch of payments to an investigator. | 她发现了好几笔付款 都是给同一个调查员的 |
[11:34] | – Anybody we know? – I don’t think so. | -是我们认识的人吗? -我觉得不认识 |
[11:37] | Bruce Carlin. Ex-LAPD. | 布鲁斯卡林 以前是洛城警局的 |
[11:40] | I’m gonna pay him a visit, see if he knows anything. | 我想去见他一面 看看他知不知道什么情况 |
[11:43] | All right. After that I need you to look into something else. | 好的 然后我需要你去查查别的东西 |
[11:47] | The boyfriend. Jan Rilz. | 那个情人 杨瑞尔兹 |
[11:49] | – The yoga instructor? – Yeah. The cops got tunnel vision. | -那个瑜伽教练? -对 警察都只盯着一个点 |
[11:52] | They zeroed in on Elliott, he was the obvious suspect. | 全部注意力都放在埃利奥特身上了 他是头号嫌疑犯 |
[11:55] | – But there was a second victim. – You’re thinking Rilz was the target? | -但是还有第二个受害者 -你认为瑞尔兹才是目标? |
[11:58] | Instead of Elliott’s wife? | 而不是埃利奥特的老婆? |
[12:00] | I’m thinking I need something to defend my client with, Cisco. | 西斯科 我觉得我需要一些说辞 来为我的客户辩护 |
[12:05] | I have the order you requested. | 我签发了你提请的命令 |
[12:07] | This will grant you access to Mr. Vincent’s business accounts. | 这将授予你 访问文森特先生名下商业帐户的权限 |
[12:10] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[12:12] | It seems you’ve inherited quite a thriving practice. | 看起来你接手了一大批案件 |
[12:15] | Naturally, I expect you to be on top of all of the cases, not just Trevor Elliott. | 我当然希望你能处理好所有案件 而不仅仅是特雷弗埃利奥特这一起 |
[12:20] | Of course, Your Honor. | 当然了 法官大人 |
[12:22] | – Was there something else? – Just one thing, Your Honor. | -还有别的事情吗? -只有一件事 法官大人 |
[12:24] | It’s about the police. | 是关于警察的 |
[12:26] | You were right about them trying to get into Jerry’s files. | 您担心他们接触到杰瑞的文件 这个担心是对的 |
[12:29] | – I put a stop to that immediately. – I should hope so. | -我立刻就阻止了他们 -正合我意 |
[12:31] | The thing is, the lead detective, his name is Griggs, Raymond Griggs. | 我要说的是负责这案子的警探 他姓格雷戈斯 全名雷蒙德格雷戈斯 |
[12:35] | Well, he made a good point. | 他有一件事情说对了 |
[12:37] | He said the evidence suggests that Jerry’s murder wasn’t random. | 他说 证据表明 杰瑞遇害并不是随机犯罪 |
[12:40] | That could mean one of his clients. | 可能是他某位客户干的 |
[12:42] | I can’t give the police access to Jerry’s files. | 我知道我不能让警察访问杰瑞的文件 |
[12:45] | So, my investigator and I went through them, looking for any red flags. | 所以我和我的调查员仔细审阅了文件 寻找任何危险信号 |
[12:49] | Red flags? | 危险信号? |
[12:50] | Clients who made threats against Jerry, or angry family members. | 威胁过杰瑞的客户 或者是某位愤怒的家属 |
[12:55] | And you want to give this list to the LAPD? | 你想把这份名单交给洛城警局? |
[12:59] | That would still be violating client confidentiality. | 这仍然会违反客户的隐私权 |
[13:01] | Not necessarily, Judge. There’s an exception | 不一定 法官 有一个例外 |
[13:04] | if a lawyer believes there’s an imminent threat to his life. | 就是律师认为有迫在眉睫的生命威胁 |
[13:07] | Now, Detective Griggs thinks the identity of Jerry’s killer might be in his files. | 既然格雷戈斯警探认为 杀害杰瑞的凶手的身份可能在文件里 |
[13:12] | And, uh… | 而且… |
[13:14] | Well, those are now my files. So his threat is my threat. | 这些文件现在是我的文件了 所以对他的威胁就变成了对我的威胁 |
[13:20] | I took the liberty of drafting another order. | 我冒昧地起草了另一份命令 |
[13:24] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢你这么做 |
[13:30] | That said, I do appreciate your situation. | 话虽如此 我还是体谅你的处境 |
[13:36] | But for your sake, Mr. Haller, | 但是为了你好 哈勒先生 |
[13:38] | I sincerely hope that Detective Griggs is barking up the wrong tree. | 我希望格雷戈斯警探是杞人忧天 |
[14:14] | – Nice car. – It’s not for sale. | -车不错 -不卖 |
[14:20] | I work for Mickey Haller. | 我是给米奇哈勒打工的 |
[14:22] | The guy took over Jerry Vincent’s clients. | 他接手了杰瑞文森特的客户 |
[14:25] | It sounds about right. | 跟我听说的差不多 |
[14:28] | I never met Haller. I remember his old man though. | 我从来没见过哈勒 但是记得他爸爸 |
[14:32] | Does he pay well? | 他给的钱多吗? |
[14:34] | Well enough. | 够多 |
[14:39] | So, you want to know about Jerry’s cases, is that it? | 所以你是来 了解杰瑞的案子的 对吗? |
[14:42] | Mostly Trevor Elliott, he’s the whale. Were you working on that? | 主要是特雷弗埃利奥特的案子 他是重头戏 你经手过吗? |
[14:48] | Only at first. Then Jerry pulled me off it. | 最开始的时候 然后杰瑞就不让我碰了 |
[14:52] | – Why? – The hell if I know. | -为什么? -我知道的话就见鬼了 |
[14:54] | Whatever he was putting together for Elliott, | 无论他为埃利奥特准备了什么 |
[14:57] | he kept it quiet, even from me. | 他都守口如瓶 甚至不让我知道 |
[14:59] | So you have no idea what he was planning as a defense? | 所以你不知道 他准备了什么辩护计划? |
[15:02] | What’d I just say? | 我不是刚说了吗? |
[15:05] | Sorry. Just… | 对不起 就是… |
[15:07] | Whole thing has me a little rattled, you know? | 整个事情让我有点慌 你知道吗? |
[15:11] | One minute you work with the guy, the next minute… | 前一分钟你和那个人还一起工作 下一分钟… |
[15:18] | – So my boss has reason to be worried? – I don’t know. | -所以我老板有理由担心? -我不知道 |
[15:21] | All I know is the last few weeks, | 我只知道 最后的几周 |
[15:25] | Jerry was acting funny, | 杰瑞表现得很反常 |
[15:26] | like he was scared of something or someone. | 好像他被什么事情或者什么人吓着了 |
[15:31] | Now he’s gone. | 现在他人没了 |
[15:34] | So you tell me if there’s something to be worried about. | 所以照你看 我有没有什么要担心的 |
[15:41] | Knock, knock. How’s the trafficking case coming? | 叮咚 贩卖人口那个案子怎么样了? |
[15:45] | Like pulling teeth. | 跟拔牙一样难 |
[15:47] | And Janelle’s on the warpath. | 而且珍妮火气很大 |
[15:48] | Six months until the election, it’s only gonna get worse. | 离选举还剩六个月 只会越来越糟 |
[15:52] | You need a break? Want to go grab a coffee downstairs? | 你要不要休息一下? 想下楼去喝杯咖啡吗? |
[15:57] | – What? – I’m just trying to figure out your game. | -干吗? -我只是在想 你这是什么把戏 |
[16:01] | Or do you expect me to believe that you’re asking me about my case? | 还是你希望我相信 你真的在问我手上这个案子? |
[16:06] | Okay, fine. Um… | 好吧 |
[16:10] | It’s no secret that your ex-husband took over the Elliott trial. | 你前夫接手了埃利奥特的案子 这已经不是什么秘密了 |
[16:13] | I just don’t want anything to be awkward. | 我只是不想让任何事情变得尴尬 |
[16:15] | Why would it be awkward? It was two dates, Jeff. No big deal. | 为什么会尴尬?两次约会而已 杰夫 没什么大不了的 |
[16:20] | I see I left my usual big impression. Good. | 我看得出自己平日里 给人留下了深刻的印象 |
[16:24] | Okay. I’m gonna tell you what I told him. Which is he’s good. | 好吧 我会告诉你我对他说的话 就是他是个优秀的人 |
[16:29] | Very good. So are you. | 非常优秀 而你也一样 |
[16:32] | So it’s gonna come down to who has the best case, | 所以这次对局 会取决于谁构建出最好的辩护 |
[16:35] | you know, the way it’s supposed to. | 本来就该如此 |
[16:38] | Where’s he been? Your ex, I mean. | 他去哪里了?我是说你前夫 |
[16:41] | I looked him up and it doesn’t seem | 我查了他一下 |
[16:43] | like he’s handled anything for almost a year now. | 似乎他已经快一年 都没碰过什么案子了 |
[16:46] | Nowhere. | 哪里都没去 |
[16:48] | Just took some time off. | 就是休息了一下 |
[16:50] | I should get back to this. | 我得赶这个案子了 |
[16:52] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[16:55] | Maggie McFierce. | 玛姬麦克火神 (当初我嘴巴严一点 就不会在这里了) |
[17:27] | Huh. | 哼 |
[17:29] | What’s “huh”? | 哼什么? |
[17:30] | We got the access to Jerry’s business accounts. But look… | 我们获得了杰瑞商业账户的访问权限 但是看看啊… |
[17:33] | Remember I told you he took a $625,000 retainer from Elliott? | 还记得我跟你说过 他收了埃利奥特六十二万五千定金吧 这笔钱入了账 但是接下来一直都是扣款 |
[17:37] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[17:38] | Well, there it is. But then there’s all these withdrawals. | |
[17:41] | – It’s almost gone. – What the hell did he spend it on? | -钱都快扣没了 -他都花到哪里去了? |
[17:44] | Rent, overhead, whatever. But most went into his personal accounts. | 租金、日常开支 什么都有 但大部分都进入了他的个人账户 |
[17:49] | Salary advance. | 预支工资 |
[17:50] | – We don’t have access to those? – Nope. | -那些我们无权访问? -对 |
[17:52] | But he had an assistant, Wren Williams. | 但他有一个助理 叫芮恩威廉姆斯 |
[17:54] | Visiting her mom in Cleveland for a week, she’s coming in tomorrow. | 她回克利夫兰看她妈妈了 明天回来 |
[17:59] | Um… | |
[18:00] | There’s one other thing I’ve been meaning to bring up. | 还有一件事我一直想说 |
[18:03] | – About Elliott? – No. It’s not about work. | -关于埃利奥特的? -不是 跟工作无关 |
[18:05] | Well, it’s kind of about work. But, um… | 也算是跟工作有关吧 但是… |
[18:08] | About you and Cisco? | 是你和西斯科的事情? |
[18:11] | – He told you? – Well, can you blame him? | -他告诉你了? -你能怪他吗? |
[18:13] | He didn’t think you’d ever get around to it. | 他觉得你永远都张不开嘴说这个 |
[18:15] | There’s just been so much going on, I didn’t want to make things weird. | 现在发生了这么多事 我不想让事情变得奇怪 |
[18:19] | Lorna. Hold on. Look, there is a lot going on right now. Okay? | 劳娜 等等 现在是有很多事情 对吧? |
[18:24] | This isn’t part of it. | 这个跟这些事情不沾边 |
[18:27] | I just want to be sure you know what you’re getting yourself into. | 我只是想确定 你知道自己在干什么 |
[18:30] | The guys Cisco used to ride with, they’re not a social club. | 以前跟西斯科一起混的那帮人 他们可不是社交俱乐部 |
[18:33] | – That was a long time ago. – I know. | -那是很久以前的事了 -我知道 |
[18:36] | I’m not saying he’s not a great guy. He is a great guy. The best. | 我并不是说他不是一个好人 他是个很好的人 最好的 |
[18:41] | – Just not Mickey Haller or anything. But… – Don’t start. | -只是比不上米奇哈勒 但是… -别扯这个了 |
[18:43] | You know that’s what my mother’s gonna say. | 你知道这种话是要留给我妈说的 |
[18:47] | Now I’m the one being overprotective. | 现在我是那个戒心太重的人 |
[18:50] | I’m happy for you, Lorna. For both of you. I really am. | 我为你高兴 劳娜 我为你们两个高兴 真的 |
[18:58] | – What? – Forget it. | -怎么了? -没什么 |
[19:00] | You get anything useful from Carlin? | 卡林那边弄到什么有用的东西了吗? |
[19:02] | – On Elliott? No. On Jerry… – What about Jerry? | -埃利奥特的?没有 杰瑞的… -杰瑞什么事情? |
[19:06] | Well, Carlin said he was acting scared. | 卡林说他表现得很害怕 |
[19:08] | But one PI to another, Carlin knew more than he was letting on. | 但是我也是私人调查员 卡林知道的比说出来的多 |
[19:13] | Good thing your pal, Griggs, beat me to him. | 好消息 你那好朋友格雷戈斯赶在我前面了 |
[19:15] | LAPD was there? | 洛城警局也在? |
[19:16] | Mmm. | |
[19:18] | What about you? Anything? | 你呢?有进展吗? |
[19:20] | No. Look at this. It was in the file. | 没有 看看这个 在文件里的 |
[19:23] | Some freelance videographer, | 是某个个人摄影师拍的 |
[19:25] | the types who surf the police channel all night. | 就是会通宵监听警用频率的那种人 |
[19:28] | Yeah, I saw it. | 对 这个我看过 |
[19:29] | I was hoping it might show some discrepancy from the cops’ account, | 我本来希望 它可能与警察的说法有些出入 |
[19:32] | but it’s exactly the same. Why was Jerry putting this into evidence? | 但是一模一样 杰瑞为什么要把这种东西作为证据? |
[19:36] | And this witness list, | 还有这份证人清单 |
[19:38] | he’s got every deputy in the Malibu sheriff’s station here. | 他把马里布警局的每一位副手 都拉上了 |
[19:41] | – He’s playing hide-the-ball. – Hide what ball? | -他在打暗牌 -什么暗牌? |
[19:44] | He’s got this ballistics expert, Dr. Arslanian. | 他手上还有这位弹道学专家 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 |
[19:46] | No, I talked to her. Jerry never even sent her the file. | 没有 我跟她谈过了 杰瑞甚至从来没有把文件发给过她 |
[19:49] | – What? – She won’t testify | -什么? -在她了解案情之前 |
[19:51] | or even write a report until she knows what she’s dealing with. | 她不会同意作证 甚至连报告都不会出具 |
[19:54] | And Jerry never sent it to her. | 杰瑞从来都没有把案情发给过她 |
[19:56] | Oh, my God. You gotta be kidding me. | 天啊 你们两个不是在开玩笑吧 |
[19:59] | – You get me that appointment with Trevor? – That’s the other thing. | -你帮我约上特雷弗了吗? -这事也很棘手 |
[20:02] | His office said he’ll be tied up in meetings all day. | 他的办公室说他会开一整天会 |
[20:05] | His new game’s coming out. | 他的新游戏要上市了 |
[20:06] | He’ll see you at the status conference. | 他会直接去审前会议上见你 |
[20:08] | Tomorrow? Does this guy realize he’s on trial for murder in a week? | 明天?这家伙知不知道 他一周后要因为谋杀案而受审? |
[20:14] | Whatever. I gotta go. | 去他的吧 我要走了 |
[20:19] | Mick. | 米克 |
[20:21] | There’s only so much you can do for the guy. | 你帮这个家伙也是有止境的 |
[20:23] | You can only work with what you got. | 你只能依靠你手上有的东西工作 |
[20:26] | – You get paid either way. – No, Cisco. | -无论怎样你都会赚到钱 -不对 西斯科 |
[20:28] | You know what the problem is with a high-profile case? | 你知道一个人人瞩目的案件 有什么问题吗? |
[20:32] | It’s not about the money. You gotta win. | 不是钱的问题 而是你必须要赢 |
[20:35] | Cochran, Shapiro, the “Dream Team”? They aren’t legends because they got OJ, | 科克伦、夏皮罗、“梦之队”? 他们的传奇不是接了OJ的案子 |
[20:38] | they’re legends because they won. I lose this case, | 他们传奇是因为他们赢了 要是我输了这桩案子的话 |
[20:41] | and I’m just a guy who got a second chance and fell flat on his face. | 我就是那个得到了东山再起机会 却摔了个嘴啃泥的人 |
[20:49] | I’m telling you, he thrives on this. | 我再跟你说一遍 这个案子让他支棱起来了 |
[21:03] | Hey. Everything okay? | 嘿 都还好吧? |
[21:04] | Yeah, I’m just dealing with this grand jury thing. | 还行 我正在应付一个大陪审团 |
[21:07] | Listen, I know this is really last minute. | 我知道这事儿现在说有点晚 |
[21:10] | But can you pick Hayley up from school? | 但是你能不能去学校接一下海莉 |
[21:12] | – The carpool flaked, and I’m stuck here. – Uh… | 拼不到别人的车 我又被困在这里 |
[21:15] | – Yeah. At what time? – Three o’clock. | -可以 几点? -3点 |
[21:17] | If you can’t, it’s okay, I’ll figure something out. | 要是你没时间也没关系 我可以想别的办法 |
[21:20] | I can do it. I’ll bring her by your place later. | 没事儿 我能去接 我晚上把她送到你那里 |
[21:23] | Great. Okay, thanks. | 太好了 谢谢你 |
[21:26] | Listen, I’m just going to say it. You really must be in a bind. | 我得跟你说 要么是你真的很忙 |
[21:32] | Either that or… you’re starting to trust me again. | 要么是你开始重新信任我了 |
[21:36] | Three o’clock, Haller. I mean it. Bye. | 3点 哈勒 我可跟你说好了 再见 |
[21:53] | You asked, I answered. | 你有求 我必应 |
[21:56] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[21:58] | I can’t give you access to Vincent’s files. | 我不能让你碰文森特的文件 |
[22:00] | So, I did the next best thing. | 于是我退而求其次 |
[22:02] | We went through them and identified every bona fide threat we could find. | 我们仔细读了一遍文件 并且找到了每一个真正有威胁的人 |
[22:05] | That isn’t gonna work. You don’t know what you’re looking for. | 那行不通 你们都不知道在找什么 |
[22:09] | Really? Because I figure, as a defense lawyer, | 真的?因为我认为 作为一个辩护律师 |
[22:11] | – I might spot some stuff even you’d miss. – So you say. | -我可能找到你会错过的线索 -看你这漂亮话说的 |
[22:15] | Yeah, so I say. Look, this is the only thing the Judge would go for. | 我说了就说了 这是唯一能被法官认可的办法 |
[22:18] | Do you want the list or not? | 这名单你到底要还是不要? |
[22:22] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[22:25] | – I don’t have time for bullshit. – But first… | -我没有时间陪你玩 -我得先要一样东西 |
[22:28] | So, Trevor Elliott, Jerry’s biggest case is now my biggest case. | 特雷弗埃利奥特 杰瑞最大的案子 现在是我最大的案子了 |
[22:32] | Only… Well, I’m having a hard time finding a defense. | 问题是…我现在找不到辩护的头绪 |
[22:35] | Tough to save them when they’re guilty. | 有罪的人是很难洗白 |
[22:37] | But your type usually comes up with something. | 但是你这种人总是能胡扯出一些理由 |
[22:40] | It would help me to know what Jerry was working on. | 知道杰瑞一直在忙什么 会帮助我了解他的思路 |
[22:43] | There’s not much in the files, | 文件里没什么东西 |
[22:44] | and you didn’t find anything at his house, either. | 你在他家里也什么都没找到 |
[22:47] | – And how the hell do you know that? – It doesn’t matter. | -你怎么知道的? -那不重要 |
[22:50] | I wanna know what you know. I’m not asking for anything confidential, just… | 我想知道你都知道些什么 我不要任何机密信息 只是… |
[22:54] | For example, it would be standard procedure to run the GPS on Jerry’s car, | 举个例子吧 调取杰瑞车上的导航记录是标准流程 |
[22:58] | see where he’s been recently. | 好知道他最近去过哪里 |
[23:00] | Anywhere unusual that might point me in a direction I wouldn’t think of? | 有没有什么特别的地点 可能指点我 一个以前没考虑过的方向? |
[23:05] | You got some set of balls on you. | 你这人胆子真大 |
[23:07] | I have been told, yes. | 是有人这么说过我 |
[23:12] | All right. Fine. There was nothing out of the ordinary on his GPS. | 好吧 他的导航记录上没有任何异常 |
[23:16] | Work and home, basically. Except for one place. | 基本上是工作回家两点一线 只有一个例外 |
[23:19] | – A casino. – A casino? | -赌场 -赌场? |
[23:21] | Athena’s Temple. One of those poker places in South LA. | 雅典娜神殿 南洛杉矶能打扑克的场子之一 |
[23:24] | Jerry like to gamble much? | 杰瑞很喜欢赌博吗? |
[23:27] | Not that I ever saw. | 我从来没见过 |
[23:28] | He went to this place three times in the last month. | 最后一个月里他去了三次 |
[23:31] | We checked it out, but no link to the murder. | 我们查过了 跟谋杀没有联系 |
[23:33] | Maybe as a defense lawyer, um, you’d find something I’d miss. | 也许作为辩护律师 你会看出什么我错过了的东西 |
[23:39] | Or not. I really don’t give a shit. | 看不出来也没关系 我一点都不在乎 |
[23:42] | Now if you don’t mind. | 现在如果你满意了 |
[23:48] | See you around, Counselor. | 回头见 律师 |
[24:02] | You sure you’re okay? I’m almost done here, I could swing by. | 你真的能搞定? 我这边快完事了 可以赶过去 |
[24:06] | Trust me, honey. This is so not your scene. | 相信我 亲爱的 这地方不适合你的风格 |
[24:08] | – I’ll call you if I get anything. – All right. | -有什么线索的话我会打电话给你 -好 |
[24:10] | – Okay. Bye. – See you soon. | -好 再见 -一会儿见 |
[24:11] | – Bye. See you next week. – See ya. | -再见 下周见 -下周见 |
[24:15] | Hey! Great class. | 嘿!这课真棒 |
[24:17] | – I’m glad you enjoyed it. – Your studio’s over on Rose, right? | -我很高兴你喜欢 -你的瑜伽房在罗斯路上 对吧? |
[24:21] | That’s us. Come check it out. | 对 有空过来坐坐吧 |
[24:22] | Oh, is that a nose ring? That is so cool. I thought about getting one of those. | 那是鼻环吗?太酷了 我想过要打一个的 |
[24:27] | There was a guy that used to teach there. Ugh, what’s his name? | 以前有个人在那里教瑜伽 他叫什么来着? |
[24:32] | Like Johann or something? | 像是佑汗还是什么的? |
[24:35] | Jan. Jan Rilz. Yeah. | 杨瑞尔兹 |
[24:37] | – But I’m afraid he, uh… – Yeah. I heard about that. I’m sorry. | -恐怕他… -对 我听说了 真遗憾 |
[24:42] | Thank you. | 你真有心 |
[24:47] | I’m not very good at this. So, I’m just gonna be honest. | 我不是很擅长这种事 所以我干脆直说了 |
[24:50] | I work for the lawyer representing Trevor Elliott. | 我为代表特雷弗埃利奥特的律师工作 |
[24:54] | Wow. | |
[24:55] | – Seriously? – I’m so sorry to show up like this. | -真的? -很抱歉我以这样的方式出现 |
[24:58] | We’re just doing our job and that includes looking into everything. | 我们只是在做我们的工作 包括调查一切线索 |
[25:01] | ‘Cause that other lawyer tried this too. | 因为其他律师也试过这种把戏 |
[25:04] | Wait. Who? Jerry? | 等等 谁?你是说杰瑞? |
[25:06] | Yeah. Jerry. I told him to get the hell away from me. | 是杰瑞 我让他离我远点 |
[25:10] | – And the same goes for you. – You know he’s dead, right? | -你也一样 -你知道他死了 对吧? |
[25:12] | – Who? – Jerry. | -谁? -杰瑞 |
[25:14] | He was shot in his garage three nights ago. | 三天前的晚上 他在车库里被枪杀了 |
[25:16] | That’s how we got the case. I don’t blame you for being mad. | 我们就是这样拿到案子的 我不怪你生气 |
[25:19] | But there’s something really weird going on here, | 但是这中间有一些非常奇怪的事情 |
[25:23] | and if that’s the case, don’t you owe it to Jan to get to the bottom of it? | 如果真是这样的话 难道你不应该为了杨探究真相吗? |
[25:31] | Looks like the boyfriend might be in play. | 看起来是那个情人惹的祸 |
[25:34] | He owned some yoga place in Venice | 他名下有一家瑜伽馆在威尼斯 |
[25:36] | with some lady named… | 合伙人是个女的 叫… |
[25:38] | – Krisha. – Krisha Gold, yeah. | -克里莎 -克里莎古尔德 对 |
[25:41] | Lorna talked to her. She figured she might fit in better than me at yoga. | 劳娜跟她谈过了 她认为比起我来她可能更适合瑜伽 |
[25:45] | Aw, come on, Cisco. Nobody does a tree pose like you. | 别这么说 西斯科 做树式没人比得过你 |
[25:49] | Yeah, well. Uh, she wasn’t happy to talk. | 好吧 她不乐意说话 |
[25:53] | But Lorna worked her charm | 但是劳娜发挥了她的魅力 |
[25:55] | and this Krisha gave up a bunch of Rilz’ old stuff. | 这个叫克里莎的 翻了一大堆瑞尔兹的旧账 |
[25:58] | – And? – And it turns out Lara Elliott | -还有呢? -其实拉拉埃利奥特 |
[26:02] | wasn’t the only married woman to whom Rilz was giving private lessons. | 并不是瑞尔兹私人课程客户里 唯一的已婚女性 |
[26:05] | Now we’re getting somewhere. | 这算是有点眉目了 |
[26:07] | See, if there’s one jealous husband, there might be more. | 如果有一个嫉恨这个的丈夫 就可能还有更多 |
[26:10] | Maybe. But this Krisha said that Jerry was sniffing around this, too. | 可能吧 但是克里莎说 杰瑞也打探过这种消息 |
[26:14] | If he had found anything, wouldn’t he put it in the file? | 要是他已经发现了什么 他不会放在文件里吗? |
[26:18] | Not if he didn’t want the prosecutor to see it. | 他不想让检察官看到的话就不会 |
[26:20] | Might not be ethical but I don’t know what Jerry was capable of. | 可能不合乎道德 但我不知道杰瑞会不会这么做 |
[26:24] | All right, I’ll stay on it. Did you get those photos I sent you? | 好吧 我会继续查下去 你收到我发的照片了吗? |
[26:28] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, they’re perfect. | 收到了 很完美 |
[26:32] | All right, thanks. | 多谢 |
[26:33] | Listen, I gotta call you back, okay? | 我回头再打给你 好吗? |
[26:35] | How was your day, mija? | 宝贝 你今天过得好吗? |
[26:43] | Oh, I’m sorry. Did you say something? | 对不起 你跟我说话? |
[26:45] | How was school? | 在学校怎么样? 还可以 |
[26:46] | Oh, uh… it was good. | |
[26:49] | That’s great. Sorry for the mess. I don’t usually have guests. | 好极了 对不起我这里有点乱 我车上不经常来客人 |
[26:52] | It’s fine. I mean this is your office, right? | 没关系 这里就算是你的办公室吧? |
[26:54] | Yeah. | 对 |
[27:00] | – Shit. Don’t… Please don’t look at that. – Dad, it’s fine. | -见鬼 不要…别看这个 -爸 没关系 |
[27:04] | I mean, you represent, like, murderers and stuff. I get it. | 你代理杀人犯之类的 这个我理解 |
[27:09] | You should see what Mom brings home from work. | 你应该看看妈妈下班后带回家的东西 |
[27:11] | Like what? | 比如? |
[27:13] | Doesn’t matter. It’s just… I’m not a kid anymore. | 算了 就是…我已经不是小孩子了 |
[27:17] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧? |
[27:19] | I know. Doesn’t mean I have to like it, though. | 我知道 但这不等于我就喜欢这样啊 |
[27:23] | Don’t tell your mom I said “shit.” | 还有 别告诉你妈我说了“见鬼” |
[27:28] | – So, you’re my dad’s new driver? – That’s me. | -你是我爸爸的新司机? -正是在下 |
[27:31] | – What were you in for? – Hayley. | -你是因为什么进监狱的? -海莉 |
[27:33] | What? You always hire your clients as driver. It’s a valid question. | 怎么了?你总是雇你的客户给你开车 这是一个合理的问题 |
[27:37] | I am happy to say, I’ve never had to do hard time. Thanks to your father. | 我可以开心地说 我不用进监狱服刑 多亏了有你爸爸的辩护 |
[27:41] | – Sweet. – How’re we looking, Izzy? | -真好 -伊基 今天还有什么计划? |
[27:44] | We’ll need to go to Inglewood first to be on time. | 我们得先去英格尔伍德才能赶上开庭 |
[27:46] | Honey, I’m late for court. | 乖 我出庭要迟到了 |
[27:47] | You mind if Izzy drops me off and takes you to the office? | 伊基先把我送到法庭 再带你去办公室好不好? |
[27:50] | – You can hang with Lorna until I get back. – So, you have an actual office then? | -我回来之前你可以跟劳娜待一会儿 -那么你有真正的办公室了? |
[27:54] | Uh, sort of. It’s temporary, I think. | 算是吧 我觉得是临时的 |
[27:59] | I have a better idea. | 我有个更好的主意 |
[28:06] | You, okay? You seem nervous. | 你还好吗?看起来很紧张 |
[28:08] | Of course. I am nervous, not about the case, | 我当然紧张了 不是因为这起案子 |
[28:11] | about my daughter watching me. She’s never done that before. | 而是因为我女儿要旁听 这是她第一次 |
[28:17] | – What? – Nothing. | -笑什么? -没什么 |
[28:21] | It’s nice. You care what she thinks about you. | 你在乎她怎么看待你 这挺好的 |
[28:23] | Her mom is a prosecutor. It’s complicated. | 她妈是检察官 情况很复杂 |
[28:26] | A year ago, if this had happened, I’d be popping pills like Tic Tacs. | 要是我一年前碰上这种事 会一片接一片地嗑药 |
[28:30] | I hear that. Hey, can I ask you something? | 这我能理解 有件事情我能问你一下吗? |
[28:33] | – What? – Lorna, the one who doesn’t trust me. | -什么事? -劳娜 那个不太信任我的人 |
[28:36] | She’s your ex-wife, too? | 她也是你前妻? |
[28:39] | Yeah, that was a mistake and we both knew it. | 对 那是场错误的婚姻 我们两个都明白 |
[28:42] | I was just in the rebound from Maggie. | 我当时想要摆脱玛姬带来的情伤 |
[28:44] | And now Lorna is marrying your investigator. | 可现在劳娜要嫁给你的调查员了 |
[28:47] | Like I said, it’s complicated. It’s not that she doesn’t trust you. | 我说过了 这事情很复杂 不是她不信任你 |
[28:50] | She does. She worries about me. That’s all. | 她信任你 只是她担心我 就这么回事 |
[28:53] | Hmm. | |
[28:55] | – Ready? – Yeah, come on. | -准备好了? -好了 走吧 |
[29:01] | 47922, the People vs. Terrell Coleman. | 47922号 加州人民诉特雷尔科尔曼 |
[29:08] | So, Mr. Haller, you had a chance to kick the tires on Mr. Coleman’s plea agreement. | 哈勒先生 本庭给了你 审阅科尔曼先生认罪协议的机会 |
[29:14] | Are we ready to sign off on that today? | 都准备好今天签字了吗? |
[29:16] | There’s not gonna be a plea, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我们不会认罪 |
[29:18] | Mr. Coleman has decided to go to trial after all. | 科尔曼先生已经决定任由法庭裁决 |
[29:21] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[29:23] | Mr. Haller, that is your client’s right. | 哈勒大人 这是你的委托人的权力 |
[29:25] | But I will have to give Mr. Choi time to prepare. | 但我得给蔡先生时间做好准备 |
[29:27] | I understand, Your Honor, and he may need even more time, | 我明白 法官大人 而且一旦我们在此提交一些证据 |
[29:31] | once we introduce some evidence here. | 他可能需要更多时间 |
[29:32] | There was no body camera footage from Officer Grainger. | 格兰杰警官 没有提供执法记录仪的录像 |
[29:35] | Officer Grainger’s body camera was malfunctioning that day. | 格兰杰警官的执法记录仪 那天发生了故障 |
[29:38] | Right, if Officer Grainger says so. | 好吧 格兰杰警官说是就是吧 |
[29:40] | Now, luckily there’s an ATM with a camera | 幸运的是 本案争执发生地方的对面 |
[29:43] | across from where this alleged altercation occurred. | 有一台带摄像头的自动取款机 |
[29:46] | Is there a monitor we can use? | 有哪块屏幕可以用一下吗? |
[29:47] | Your Honor, the People welcome any footage Mr. Haller wishes to present. | 法官大人 加州人民欢迎 哈勒先生希望展示的任何镜头 |
[29:51] | It will only serve… | 那只会让… |
[29:56] | Mr. Choi? | 蔡先生? |
[29:58] | Your Honor, may I have a moment to confer with Officer Grainger? | 法官大人 我可以和格兰杰警官 简短商量一下吗? |
[30:01] | Why, of course, Mr. Choi, the court is made entirely of time. | 当然可以了 蔡先生 法庭上只有时间可以浪费 |
[30:09] | – What’s happening? – Liars getting caught in their lies. | -这是怎么了? -骗子的谎言被识破了 |
[30:18] | Okay, time served. | 好吧 羁押天数算服刑 |
[30:19] | Only if you drop down to selling without a permit, | 必须降格为无证经营 |
[30:22] | expunge the whole thing from his record. | 一个字都不能留在他的案底上 |
[30:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[30:27] | Good news, Your Honor. I believe we’ve come to an agreement after all. | 好吧 好消息 法官大人 我相信双方已经达成协议 |
[30:35] | Mickey Haller, I’ll never forget this, man. | 米奇哈勒老兄 我永远都不会忘记 |
[30:39] | Anything you need, I’m there. | 只要你有需要 我随时奉命 |
[30:41] | Hopefully, I won’t have to take you up on that. | 希望我不用惊动你 |
[30:44] | You never know. | 谁知道呢 |
[30:45] | There really was a camera on the ATM down there? | 街对面真的有自动取款机? |
[30:48] | Of course. We never lie to the court, Terrell. | 当然了 特雷尔 我们从不向法庭做虚假陈述 |
[30:50] | Now, what’s on that camera? | 摄像头拍到了什么? |
[30:53] | That I have no idea. | 那我就不知道了 |
[30:55] | So, what’s on the flash drive? | 那U盘里存的是什么? |
[30:57] | That’s just some music my dad used to like. | 几首歌而已 都是我爸爸喜欢的 |
[30:59] | You see her? That’s my daughter over there. | 你看到那个姑娘没有?是我女儿 |
[31:02] | Don’t forget to pick yours up on your way home. | 回家路上别忘了接你女儿 |
[31:08] | – Thank you. – Take it easy. | -谢谢 -小意思 |
[31:09] | Peace. | 再见 |
[31:12] | – Ready? – Mmm-hmm. | 走吗? (养老机构的挂有人 建立了一个植根于社区的帝国) |
[31:18] | – We’re home. – Hey, Mags. | -回来了 -嘿 玛姬 |
[31:21] | Hey. Hey, you. | 嘿 |
[31:24] | – Homework? – Already did it. | -有作业吗? -已经写完了 |
[31:26] | Good. If you wanna jump online that’s cool. | 好 你想上网就去上吧 |
[31:29] | – Half an hour, okay? You got school. – Okay. | -半个小时好吧?明天还要上学 -好 |
[31:32] | – Love you, honey. – Bye, love you. | -我爱你 宝贝 -再见 我爱你 |
[31:39] | Thanks again for helping out. | 再次感谢你伸出援手 |
[31:40] | Are you kidding me? Anytime. | 你见外了吧?随叫随到 |
[31:42] | You don’t have to hide the evidence. | 你不用东躲西藏的 |
[31:44] | Just because I’m in recovery, doesn’t mean you can’t have a glass of Cabernet. | 仅仅因为我还在恢复之中 并不意味着你不能来一杯赤霞珠 |
[31:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:51] | So, Hayley saw you in court today. | 海莉跟你一起出庭了 |
[31:53] | Why? You wanted me to call you first? You seemed kind of busy, Maggie. | 怎么了?得先给你打个电话吗? 你当时好像挺忙的 玛姬 |
[31:57] | No, I’m just being a nervous mom. | 没有 我只是个紧张的母亲罢了 |
[32:01] | How’s Trevor Elliott coming? | 特雷弗埃利奥特那边怎么样了? |
[32:04] | It’s good. | 还不错 |
[32:08] | You know, you never did tell me who the lucky guy was. | 你从来没有告诉我那个走运的人是谁 |
[32:11] | – What lucky guy? – You know, the other night, | -什么走运的人? -那天晚上 |
[32:14] | when I picked up Hayley, you looked all nice. | 我接海莉时 你打扮得漂漂亮亮 |
[32:17] | I just assumed that… | 我就是假设… |
[32:19] | What? Am I not still allowed to get a little jealous here? | 什么?这种事我不能吃醋吗? |
[32:24] | A, no, you’re not. And B… | 第一 不能 还有第二 |
[32:29] | like you’re not out on Tinder or whatever. | 别装得好像你不用约炮软件 |
[32:32] | Tinder, eh? Yeah, that’s what you think I do? | 约炮软件?你觉得我在用那个? |
[32:35] | – You liked my profile, didn’t you? – Maybe. | -你给我的个人资料点赞了 对吧? -好像是吧 |
[32:39] | Mickey, it wasn’t a date. It was a, uh, parent-teacher conference. | 米奇 那不是约会 是开家长会 |
[32:45] | Aw, shit, Mags, come on. You should have told me. | 见鬼 玛姬 你本应该告诉我的 |
[32:49] | – Could have gone together and… – Mickey. | -也许咱俩一起去 然后… -米奇 |
[32:53] | Right, sure. I get it, you’re not ready for that yet. | 好吧 没问题 我明白 你还没有准备好 |
[32:59] | You know, I’m not the same person I was a year ago, Maggie. | 我已经不是一年前的那个我了 玛姬 |
[33:04] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[33:07] | I’m fully aware that Hayley needs you in her life again. | 我清清楚楚地知道 海莉需要你重回她的生活 |
[33:11] | Believe me, I need you in her life. | 相信我 我需要你参与她的生活 |
[33:15] | Can’t we take it one step at a time? | 但是我们能不能慢慢来? |
[33:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[33:53] | Tell me you got something. | 告诉我你发现了什么东西 |
[33:55] | Well, sorta. I was printing Jerry’s account ledgers | 算是吧 刚才我在打印杰瑞的账户记录 |
[33:58] | when I realized you can access the memory of the printer, | 碰巧发现可以读取打印机的内存记录 |
[34:00] | find out the last thing Jerry printed. | 接着就发现了杰瑞最后打印的东西 |
[34:02] | – Yes, good thinking, Lorna. – Don’t get all happy yet. | -思路不错 劳娜 -先别高兴得太早 |
[34:05] | The day Jerry was killed, | 杰瑞被杀那天 |
[34:07] | he printed a motion for continuance in the Elliott case. | 他打印了一份 延期审理埃利奥特案的动议 |
[34:09] | So, he was gonna ask for a continuance after all. | 所以他最后还是想要延期的 |
[34:12] | But he never filed it. | 但是他没机会提交了 |
[34:14] | Might have been in the stuff that was stolen from his car. | 也许就在他车里 被人拿走的那堆东西里 |
[34:17] | He was gonna file it the next day, but he never got the chance. | 他原本打算第二天提交的 但是他再也没有机会了 |
[34:22] | Jerry needed more time because he didn’t have shit | 杰瑞需要更多时间 因为他手上什么都没有 |
[34:25] | and neither do I. | 现在我手上也没有 |
[35:00] | So, we’re set to begin voir dire exactly one week from today. But… | 我们定于一周之后 开始陪审团遴选 但是… |
[35:06] | I’m yet to receive a motion for continuance from you, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 我还没有收到你提出的延期动议 |
[35:12] | Your Honor, the People wouldn’t oppose a continuance. | 法官大人 公诉人方面不会反对延期 |
[35:15] | We wanna avoid Mr. Elliott claiming ineffective assistance | 我们想避免 埃利奥特先生因为律师没有准备好 |
[35:18] | because his lawyer was unprepared. Especially given Mr. Haller’s situation. | 而声称他缺乏有力的帮助 况且还要考虑哈勒先生的境况 |
[35:23] | And what situation is that? | 什么境况? |
[35:24] | Mr. Haller has been away from the practice of law for quite some time. | 哈勒先生已经有一段时间 没有从事法律工作了 |
[35:28] | I don’t wanna cast aspersions, but it’s my understanding that his absence | 我不想抹黑他 但据我了解 |
[35:32] | was due to his recovery from a substance abuse… | 他的断档 是因为他正在从毒瘾中恢复… |
[35:34] | – Mr. Golantz, that’s enough. – Your Honor, this is outrageous. | -葛兰兹先生 够了 -法官大人 这太离谱了 |
[35:37] | That is confidential and completely irrelevant. | 这涉及个人隐私 而且与本案完全无关 |
[35:40] | – “Irrelevant”? – Come on. | -“无关”? -少来 |
[35:41] | – Goes directly… – That’s it? | -直接影响… -就这个? |
[35:42] | …to potential motion for a new trial. | …另一庭审的潜在动议 |
[35:44] | – Gentlemen. Enough. – Come on. | -先生们 够了 -得了吧 |
[35:48] | The stenographer will strike that last exchange. | 速记员请删除最后一段交谈 |
[35:52] | Mr. Golantz, one more word, and I promise you will not be happy. | 葛兰兹先生 你再说一个字 我保证你会后悔 |
[35:57] | Mr. Haller, the court is offering you a continuance, | 哈勒先生 本庭向你提供延期的机会 |
[36:00] | and clearly the People are in agreement. | 而且很明显 公诉方也同意 |
[36:04] | So? | 怎么样? |
[36:07] | Your Honor… | 法官大人… |
[36:11] | due to the circumstances, | 鉴于目前的情况 |
[36:14] | I’m afraid I have no choice… | 恐怕我别无选择… |
[36:16] | – I do not want a continuance. – Don’t, Trevor. | -我不想延期 -别说话 特雷弗 |
[36:18] | – I don’t want delays. – Sit down. | -我不要再推迟了 -坐下 |
[36:20] | I’m the one who’s on trial here. | 我是受审的人 |
[36:22] | Mr. Elliott, in this session, in every session, you will allow your lawyer | 埃利奥特先生 在本次会议 和其他任何会议中 除非我另有说明 |
[36:26] | to speak for you unless I say otherwise. Do you understand me? | 否则你必须允许你的律师替你发言 你明白我的意思吗? |
[36:30] | – A moment with my client, please? – Talk to him. | -请允许我和我的客户谈一下好吗? -跟他谈谈 |
[36:37] | – What do you think you’re doing? – What are you doing? | -你觉得你在干什么? -你在干什么? |
[36:40] | I told you we go to trial with schedule. | 我告诉过你我们得按原计划出庭 |
[36:42] | And I’m telling you that is a mistake. | 我现在就跟你说 那是不对的 |
[36:44] | – I need more time. – And I can’t give you any. | -我需要更多的时间 -我一秒钟都不能给你 |
[36:48] | What are you not telling me? | 你在跟我隐瞒什么? |
[36:51] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[36:52] | I mean, we are talking about whether or not | 我们正在讨论你这辈子剩下的时间 |
[36:54] | you go to prison for the rest of your life, Trevor, | 是不是要在监狱里过 特雷弗 |
[36:58] | and you couldn’t make time to meet with me. | 可你连跟我见面的时间都不给我 |
[37:00] | You won’t even consider a delay. What is your angle, Trevor? | 你甚至不考虑延期 你在想什么 特雷弗? |
[37:03] | Because for the life of me, I can’t figure it out. | 我活了这么多年了 都想不通 |
[37:11] | I have lost… | 我失去了… |
[37:14] | everything that matters to me. | 一切对我来说重要的东西 |
[37:18] | Almost everything. | 几乎全都失去了 |
[37:20] | The one thing that I have left is my Legacy. | 还在我手里的就只有我的精神财富了 |
[37:25] | The technology I created, the company Lara and I built from it. | 我创造的技术 还有拉拉和我以此为基础建立的公司 |
[37:30] | – What’s that have to do with anything? – I negotiated a deal. | -这些又有什么关系? -我谈了一笔交易 |
[37:33] | A very lucrative one for my company to be acquired. | 把我的公司卖个大价钱 |
[37:36] | For our technology to be licensed all across the industry. | 可以让我们的技术 在整个行业中被授权转让 |
[37:39] | That deal is how I cement my place in history. | 这笔交易 会让我在历史上留下自己的位置 |
[37:43] | That deal is how my investors get paid. | 这笔交易会让我的投资人得到回报 |
[37:46] | But if this goes on any longer, | 但是如果这件案子拖下去 |
[37:48] | or God forbid, we lose, that deal goes away. | 或者因为上帝不青睐我们而输掉了 那笔交易就成不了 |
[37:53] | And then I really will have lost everything. | 那样我真的会失去一切 |
[37:59] | But that’s not gonna happen. Is it, Mickey? | 但那是不会发生的 对吗 米奇? |
[38:03] | Because you need this just as much as I do. | 因为你和我一样需要赢下来 |
[38:07] | This is your one shot. | 这是你唯一的机会 |
[38:10] | So, you better take it, or I will find someone else who will, | 所以你最好点头同意 要不然我就会找别人 |
[38:14] | even if I have to represent myself. | 即使我不得不为自己辩护 |
[38:35] | So? | 谈好了? |
[38:38] | – We’ll be ready for trial next week. – Sure? | -我们准备好了下周开庭 -你们确定? |
[38:40] | Yes, sir. | 是 大人 |
[38:44] | I’d better not regret this, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 你最好不要后悔 这是玛姬麦克弗森的语音信箱 请留言 |
[38:49] | You’ve reached Maggie McPherson, please leave a message. | |
[38:53] | Hey, Mags, it’s me. I just got ambushed by this fucker, Golantz. | 玛姬 是我 我被葛兰兹这个混蛋算计了 |
[38:57] | Just call me back, will you? | 给我回个电话好吗? (雅典娜神殿赌场) |
[39:05] | What if this is it? | 如果真是这样了呢? |
[39:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[39:08] | I keep thinking Jerry must have had a plan, but what if he didn’t? | 我一直考虑的都是杰瑞一定有个计划 但如果他没有呢? |
[39:13] | What if he just needed the money ’cause he blew it all here? | 如果他只是因为把钱都输在这里了 所以才需要那笔钱呢 |
[39:18] | What if Jerry was just an addict, same as us? | 如果杰瑞和我们一样 只是个瘾君子怎么办? (第二任妻子) |
[39:27] | We’re heading back now. | 我们在回去的路上了 |
[39:29] | If you hurry, you might catch Jerry’s assistant. | 如果你快点还能赶上杰瑞的助理 |
[39:31] | – Was she of any help with the finances? – No, she’s pretty useless on everything. | -财务记录的事她能帮忙吗? -不行 她什么事情都帮不上 |
[39:39] | I’m thinking her and Jerry might have had | 如果你明白我的意思的话 |
[39:41] | a more personal relationship, if you catch my drift. | 我猜她和杰瑞可能有更私人的关系 |
[39:46] | Lorna, keep her there. | 劳娜 把她稳住 (夜曲传说) (视差) |
[40:05] | I just answered the phone. We filed paperwork, stuff like that. | 我就是接接电话 给我们提交文件 诸如此类的工作 |
[40:11] | Jerry never talked to me about strategy or anything. | 杰瑞从来不跟我谈战略什么的 |
[40:15] | He was a good man, you know? | 他是个好人 你们知道吗? |
[40:20] | He was a really nice man. | 他真是个好人 |
[40:24] | He was, he was a really nice man. | 确实 他真是个好人 |
[40:27] | And he was a really, really good lawyer, | 他也是个很好的律师 |
[40:30] | and that is why there is no way Jerry would go to trial with nothing. | 这就是为什么 杰瑞不可能毫无准备地去出庭 |
[40:34] | He had to have something, and I owe it to his client to do the best job I can. | 他肯定准备了一些东西 而我得为他的客户竭尽全力 |
[40:39] | I mean, that’s what Jerry would want, right? | 这也会是杰瑞希望的 对吧? |
[40:42] | So, please, I need you to think really hard, | 所以求求你了 我需要你仔细回忆一下 |
[40:46] | if Jerry ever said anything to you, maybe, | 杰瑞有没有曾经对你说过什么 |
[40:49] | I don’t know, maybe outside the office. | 也许是在办公室之外说过的呢 |
[40:55] | The only thing he ever said was that he had a magic bullet. | 他唯一说过的就是他有一颗魔法子弹 |
[41:01] | – What was that again? – He… | -什么? -他… |
[41:05] | A couple weeks ago, before I went to see my mother, | 几周前 在我要动身去看妈妈之前 |
[41:10] | I woke up one night and Jerry wasn’t there. | 有一天晚上我醒来时杰瑞不在 |
[41:15] | We… | 我们… |
[41:16] | I don’t wanna shock you, | 我不想让你们吃惊 |
[41:19] | but by then, we were spending most nights together. | 但是到那时候 我们已经大多数时间都在一起过夜 |
[41:24] | He said he couldn’t sleep. | 他说他睡不着 |
[41:26] | There was something he had to do for the Elliott case. | 关于埃利奥特的案子 有件事情他必须要处理 |
[41:30] | He was so excited. | 他很激动 |
[41:32] | And I asked what it was, he said the less I knew the better. | 我问他那是什么 他说我知道的越少越好 |
[41:35] | All he would tell me was that he had this magic bullet. | 他只肯跟我说 他有一颗魔法子弹 |
[41:41] | I’m sorry. I don’t even know what that means. | 对不起 我都不知道那是什么意思 |
[41:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:59] | What was that all about? What’s a magic bullet? | 刚才那是什么事情啊? 魔法子弹是什么东西? |
[42:01] | It means the thing that’s gonna blow the prosecution’s case wide open. | 会让检方的案子四零八落的东西 |
[42:06] | The thing that can’t lose. | -不能弄丢的东西 -我们一直在找 |
[42:08] | We’ve all been searching for that. | |
[42:10] | We’ve found nothing. | 什么都没找到 |
[42:12] | Either we’ve been looking in the wrong place | 要么我们一直在错误的地方找 |
[42:14] | or not looking hard enough. He must’ve been hiding it. Don’t know why. | 要么我们找得不够努力 他一定是把它藏起来了 不知道为何 |
[42:18] | But Jerry had something, meaning there’s something to have. | 但是杰瑞找到了一样东西 也就是说 这个东西一定能找得到 |
[42:21] | And if he could find it, I can fucking find it. | 如果他能找到 我他妈能找到 |
[42:25] | Yes! Where are you going? | 对!你要去哪里? |
[42:28] | I think better on the road. | 我在路上思路好一些 |
[42:29] | Izzy, it’s me. Pick me up in front. | 伊基 是我 去前门接我 |
[42:41] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[42:43] | You’re being awful quiet. | 安静得让人不舒服 |
[42:44] | I’m good. Better than good. Here, plug this in, please. | 我很好 比好还好 来 请帮我把这个插上去 |
[42:49] | In the console right there. | 就在你手边的那个台子上 |
[43:20] | Anybody following us today? | 今天有人跟踪我们吗? |
[43:23] | Nope, not today. All clear. | 今天没有 一切正常 |
[43:27] | Outstanding. | 太好了 |
[43:30] | Take the freeway here, will you? | 从这里上高速吧 (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |