时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Jerry Vincent was going to trial on the biggest case of his life, | 杰瑞文森特 这辈子最大的案子要开庭了 |
[00:10] | and he had no defense at all? | 他什么辩护材料都没准备? |
[00:11] | When Lorna was going over Jerry’s book, | 劳娜在查杰瑞的账时 |
[00:13] | she found a bunch of payments to an investigator. Bruce Carlin. | 她发现了好几笔付款 都是给同一个调查员的 布鲁斯卡林 |
[00:16] | All I know is, last few weeks, Jerry was scared of something. | 我只知道 最后的几周 杰瑞好像被什么事情吓着了 |
[00:20] | My boss has reason to be worried? | 所以我老板有理由担心? |
[00:21] | Jerry gamble much? He went to this place three different times in the last month. | 杰瑞很喜欢赌博吗? 最后一个月里他去了三次 |
[00:27] | What if he just needed the money ’cause he blew it all here? | 如果他只是因为把钱都输在这里了 所以才想要做一笔大生意呢 |
[00:30] | What if Jerry was just an addict, same as us? | 杰瑞和我们一样 只是个瘾君子 |
[00:34] | You need this just as much as I do. | 你和我一样需要赢下来 |
[00:36] | This is your one shot. | 这是你唯一的机会 |
[00:38] | The only thing he ever said was that he had a magic bullet. | 他唯一说过的就是他有一颗魔法子弹 |
[00:43] | What was that all about? What’s a magic bullet? | 刚才那是什么事情啊? 魔法子弹是什么东西? |
[00:45] | The thing that can’t lose. | 不能弄丢的东西 |
[00:47] | Anybody following us today? | 今天有人跟踪我们吗? |
[00:49] | Nope, not today. All clear. | 今天没有 一切正常 NETFLIX 剧集 |
[01:07] | One thing I know, | 我明白一个道理 |
[01:09] | in court, success is all about momentum. | 法庭上的成败关键在于气势 |
[01:13] | Before you can win, you gotta act like you can win, | 胜券在握时 要一直表现得胸有成竹 |
[01:17] | which means you gotta believe you can win. | 也就是说 你要相信自己就是赢家 |
[01:20] | But what if you don’t? | 如果没有胜算呢? |
[01:22] | Then you better fake it till you make it. | 那也要假装胸有成竹 直到赢下来为止 |
[01:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:32] | Haller? | 哈勒? |
[01:33] | What a miracle, dude! | 真是个奇迹啊 伙计! |
[01:34] | What’s up, Luis? | 路易斯 都好吧? |
[01:36] | Haven’t seen you. Where you been? | 好久不见 你去哪儿了? |
[01:38] | Been around. | 到处逛逛呗 |
[01:46] | Hey, Mick. | 嘿 米克 |
[01:47] | – Hey, Tony. – Long time, no see. | -嘿 托尼 -好久不见 |
[01:49] | How’s it going? | -你好吗? -聊两句 |
[01:50] | Been killin’ it. I just got a drug case kicked. | 一帆风顺 刚赢了个毒品案子 |
[01:52] | No shit. | 不赖啊 犯罪实验室任务太满 有几个技术员捏造了实验结果 |
[01:53] | Crime lab was so backed up, some techs were dry-labbing. | 不赖啊 犯罪实验室任务太满 有几个技术员捏造了实验结果 |
[01:56] | We’re getting together for Jerry later, over at Casey’s. | 我们要去凯西酒吧纪念杰瑞 |
[01:59] | – You gotta stop by. – Oh, yeah? | -你一定要参加 -是吗? |
[02:01] | And hey, if you need a second chair in the Elliott case… | 还有 如果你手上埃利奥特的案子 需要次席律师的话… |
[02:04] | – I’ll keep you in mind. – This guy here. | -我会想着你的 -这里有个人选 |
[02:06] | – Let’s catch a Dodgers game soon. – You got it. | -一起去看场道奇队的比赛吧 -说好了 |
[02:08] | …57224. People vs. Kymberly Wagstaff. | 加州人民诉金柏莉瓦格斯塔夫案 |
[02:12] | Good morning, Your Honor. Mickey Haller for the defendant. | 早上好 法官大人 我是辩方律师米奇哈勒 |
[02:15] | Your Honor, I’m afraid Miss Wagstaff | 法官大人 几个小时前 |
[02:18] | used her one phone call on me | 瓦格斯塔夫小姐才电话通知我 |
[02:19] | just a couple hours ago, so I apologize, but I… | 所以我深表歉意 但是我… |
[02:22] | – I haven’t seen a police report yet. – Ramon? | -我还没看过警方的报告 -拉蒙? |
[02:26] | Gracias, Ramon. | |
[02:29] | Miss Wagstaff, you are charged with a violation of Penal Code 647, | 瓦格斯塔夫小姐 您被指控 违反了《刑法典》第647节a款 |
[02:34] | commonly known as lewd conduct. | 通常被称为淫荡行为 |
[02:36] | How do you wish to plead? | 您想如何申辩? |
[02:37] | The human body is beautiful, Your Honor. | 法官大人 人体是如此美丽 |
[02:39] | Undoubtedly. Would that be guilty? | 毫无疑问 那是否意味您认罪? |
[02:41] | Your Honor, may I confer with my client please? | 法官大人 我是否可以跟我的委托人讨论一下? |
[02:44] | Would it matter if I said no? | 我拒绝的话有关系吗? |
[02:46] | Thank you for coming. I didn’t know who else to call. | 谢谢你赶过来 我不知道还能找到谁 |
[02:48] | No one was answering. | 没有人接电话 |
[02:50] | Sorry about that. I’ve been out of commission. | 我很抱歉 但是我没在服务区 |
[02:52] | What are we talking about? | 这案子是什么情况? |
[02:53] | How uptight this country is. | 这个国家多么保守 |
[02:55] | In Europe, everyone walks around on the beach topless. | 在欧洲 所有人在沙滩上 都可以无上装地走来走去 |
[02:58] | But, come on, this is what, your seventh offense? | 拜托 这都是你第七次犯这种案了 |
[03:01] | They’re gonna ask for cash bail. Unless you got a couple grand… | 他们会要求现金保释 除非你能拿出几千块… |
[03:04] | – A couple grand? – Yes. | -几千块? -对 |
[03:05] | No. I have to get out of here today. I have a thesis defense on Friday. | 不行 我今天必须得保释出去 星期五我还有个论文答辩 |
[03:09] | Thesis? What is it about? | 论文?关于什么的? |
[03:12] | Randomization in numerical linear algebra. | 数值线性代数中的随机化 |
[03:16] | Do something. | 想想办法 好吧 我试试看 |
[03:17] | All right, let me try something. | 想想办法 好吧 我试试看 |
[03:20] | Your Honor, I’m afraid it’s impossible for my client to plead | 法官大人 恐怕我的委托人无罪可认 |
[03:24] | when there’s no offense alleged. | 因为根本没有可指控的罪行 |
[03:25] | Nice try, but the offense is clearly alleged. | 招数不错 但是本案罪行清楚 |
[03:28] | Sunbathing topless on a public beach, despite repeated past warnings. | 无视此前的多次警告 在公共海滩进行无上装日光浴 |
[03:32] | According to the police report, the officer found Miss Wagstaff | 根据警方报告 警察发现瓦格斯塔夫小姐时 她人在水中 水位处于颈部 |
[03:36] | in the water up to her neck, | |
[03:37] | and there’s no record of any complaint prior to that. | 并且在此之前没有任何投诉记录 |
[03:40] | So? | 那么? |
[03:41] | So, by ordering her out of the water, | 所以 命令她离开水域 |
[03:43] | the officer created the very offense with which my client is charged. | 警察凭空导演了这所谓的罪行 令我的委托人遭受指控 |
[03:47] | You’re kidding me, right? That’s a question for a jury. | 你在开玩笑吧? 这应该由陪审团来决定 |
[03:51] | Well, if Your Honor really thinks that’s the best use of judicial resources. | 取决于法官大人是否认为 动用陪审团是对司法资源的最佳利用 |
[03:55] | Do you have a witness who could testify that they were offended by Miss Wagstaff | 控方有没有证人可以作证 在警察命令瓦格斯塔夫小姐出水之前 |
[04:00] | before the officer ordered her out of the water? | 他们受到了冒犯? |
[04:03] | Not at the moment, Your Honor. | 法官大人 目前没有 |
[04:05] | Do you know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗? |
[04:08] | It’s my docket for today. | 我今天的案卷 |
[04:10] | Miss Wagstaff, keep your damn top on from now on. | 瓦格斯塔夫小姐 从此以后 你要记得穿着上衣 |
[04:15] | Charge dismissed. | 指控驳回 |
[04:18] | Thank you so much. You are a lifesaver. | 非常感谢你 救了我一命 |
[04:20] | Can we work out like a payment plan or a student discount, or something? | 我们能不能谈谈付款计划 或者学生折扣什么的? |
[04:24] | Lorna will be in touch. | 劳娜会跟你联系的 |
[04:26] | And, please, Kym, just use your head next time. | 还有 求你了 金 下次动动脑筋 |
[04:28] | It’s obviously in good working order. | 你脑袋这么聪明 |
[04:30] | I’m so happy you’re back. | 你回来我真高兴 |
[04:32] | Yeah, me too. It’s been a little rough. I’ve been getting back on my feet. | 我也是 不容易 但是我已经恢复了 |
[04:36] | – Come on. – Thank you. | -走吧 -谢谢 |
[04:37] | Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 |
[04:38] | Yes, Your Honor? | 是 法官大人 |
[04:39] | It seems I have you back in my courtroom again this afternoon. | 看起来今天下午 你还有一个案子会来我这里出庭 |
[04:44] | What an unexpected treat. | 真是出人意料啊 |
[04:46] | For which case is this, Your Honor? | 法官大人 请问是哪件案子? |
[04:49] | People vs. Eli Wyms. | 加州人民诉伊莱维姆斯案 |
[04:51] | It’s one of Mr. Vincent’s cases. I’m assuming you will handle this as well? | 原来是文森特先生的案子 我假定你也接手了? |
[04:58] | Yes, yes, Mr. Wyms. | 是的 维姆斯先生的案子 |
[05:01] | Of course, Your Honor, I’ll be there. I’ll be here, Your Honor. Thank you. | 当然了 法官大人 我会过去的 我会过来的 法官大人 谢谢您 |
[05:08] | Who the fuck is Eli Wyms? | 伊莱维姆斯他妈的是谁? |
[05:09] | I thought you said you had Jerry’s calendar under control. | 我记得你说过 杰瑞的出庭计划你都安排妥了 |
[05:12] | There’s nothing in the calendar. Not even a file, and I’ve looked twice. | 计划里没有这个 连文件都没有 我都查过两遍了 |
[05:16] | What do you mean? | 没有文件是什么意思? |
[05:18] | You heard me. | 我都说了 |
[05:19] | There’s nothing anywhere in this office with the name Eli Wyms on it. | 办公室里没有什么文件上面 有伊莱维姆斯这个名字 |
[05:22] | Find out whatever you can. I’ll be there in an hour. | 你尽量找 我一小时后到 |
[05:28] | And so, you work in a nursing facility, is that correct? | 你在一家护理机构工作 对吗? |
[05:31] | A facility owned by this man. Angelo Soto? | 护理机构的所有人是这位 安吉洛索托? |
[05:34] | Yes. | 对 每隔几个月 新的菲律宾移民就会来这里 |
[05:35] | And every few months, new Filipino immigrants turn up to work | 对 每隔几个月 新的菲律宾移民就会来这里 |
[05:38] | in this facility, is that correct? | 在这个机构里工作 对吗? |
[05:40] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:42] | Mr. Loresca, can you explain to the grand jury, please, | 洛雷斯卡先生 你能向大陪审团解释一下 |
[05:45] | what you’ve observed regarding these workers? | 关于这些工人 你都观察到了什么? |
[05:49] | A bus would come in the morning. | 巴士早上会送人过来 |
[05:51] | Maybe 25 people. | 大约25个人 |
[05:54] | They kept them separate from the rest of us. | 他们安排这些人跟我们分开工作 |
[05:56] | “They”? | “他们”? |
[05:58] | The people who watch over them. | 看管这些人的人 |
[06:00] | People who work for Mr. Soto. | 为索托先生工作的人 |
[06:04] | Are these workers treated the same as the rest of you? | 这些劳工 是否获得了跟你们一样的待遇? |
[06:07] | No. | 没有 |
[06:09] | They were scared. | 他们很害怕 |
[06:12] | If they talked to us in English or Tagalog, | 如果他们用英语或者他加禄语 跟我们说话 |
[06:14] | someone would tell them not to. | 就有人会制止他们 |
[06:16] | At lunch… | 午餐时间… |
[06:20] | they ate the scraps the patients left on their plates. | 他们吃的都是病人们的剩饭 |
[06:26] | Mr. Loresca, when you get your paycheck on payday, | 洛雷斯卡先生 你在发薪日收到你的工资支票时 |
[06:30] | have you ever seen any of these workers get paid? | 有没有看到过 这些工人里的任何人收到过工资? |
[06:34] | No. | 没有 |
[06:37] | Never. | 从来没有 (兰克福德 |
[06:52] | Hey, what’s up? | 嘿 怎么了? |
[06:54] | Soto’s leaving. | 索托要出国 |
[06:55] | He booked a flight for the Philippines tomorrow. | 他订了一张明天去菲律宾的机票 |
[06:58] | Think he heard about the grand jury? It’s under seal. | 他听说大陪审团的事情了? 这可是闭门听证 |
[07:00] | Looks like a regular business trip. | 看上去像是普通出差 |
[07:02] | Once they return the indictment, it’s public. He’ll know. | 大陪审团做出诉讼决定之后就公开了 他就知道了 |
[07:04] | And if he’s out of the country, we’ll never get him back. Okay. | 而且如果他人在国外 我们没办法把他弄回来 |
[07:10] | I’ve got my star witness on the stand. | 我的主要证人已经出庭了 |
[07:11] | We’ll get him to return the indictment today. | 我们会让他今天搞定诉讼决定 |
[07:13] | – Is that gonna be enough? – Gonna have to be. This is too important. | -时间够吗? -必须得够 这非常重要 |
[07:17] | Building this case for six months, I’m not gonna stop now. | 这案子我忙了六个月了 我不想现在停下来 |
[07:20] | Okay, keep me posted. | 好 有进展立刻告诉我 |
[07:21] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[07:22] | That’s okay, we’re done. | 没事儿 我们谈完了 |
[07:24] | Detective Lankford. | 兰克福德探员 |
[07:26] | What, you two have a case together? | 怎么?你们两个在案子上碰到了? |
[07:28] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 |
[07:29] | She’s 5’6″ and a hell of a soccer player. | 她身高一米七 足球踢得非常好 |
[07:32] | Huh. | |
[07:34] | Well, look at that. Learn something new every day, don’t you? | 看看啊 真是每天都能学到新东西 是吧? |
[07:39] | Guess you do. | 我猜是吧 我会联系你的 |
[07:40] | I’ll be in touch. | 我猜是吧 我会联系你的 |
[07:45] | I take it you two know each other. | 看来你们俩认识 |
[07:47] | Is there anyone in my life you haven’t pissed off? | 在我认识的人里 你还没得罪过谁? |
[07:49] | It’s not my fault the guy’s an asshole. | 不是我的问题 这家伙是个混蛋 |
[07:51] | Just be careful with him. I don’t trust him. | 小心他一点 我不信任他 |
[07:54] | Like there is a cop in LA you do trust. | 洛杉矶有哪个警察是你信任的吗? |
[07:57] | No, but I keep looking. | 没有 可我一直在找啊 |
[07:59] | – Got my message? – Yes. | -看短信没? -看了 |
[08:00] | For the record, I didn’t say anything to Golantz about you. | 郑重声明 关于你 我一个字都没跟葛兰茨说过 |
[08:03] | Well, he seemed to have a pretty good idea I spent the last six months getting clean. | 看起来他很清楚 我过去六个月一直在脱瘾 |
[08:08] | It’s not a secret. | 这不是什么秘密 |
[08:09] | This place is like high school with bailiffs. You told me that. | 这地方就像是有法警的高中 这话是你跟我说的 |
[08:13] | If Golantz wants to play, we’ll play. | 如果葛兰茨要斗一斗 我们会奉陪 |
[08:15] | He wants to win. Same as you. | 他跟你一样争强好胜 |
[08:18] | I gotta go. See you at the game Saturday? | 我得走了 周六比赛时见? |
[08:20] | – Hayley’s starting. – You better believe it. | -海莉首发 -肯定会的 |
[08:22] | Hey, we should just go for pizza after, like we used to. | 比赛完了咱们去吃披萨吧 就像以前一样 |
[08:25] | – Maybe, we’ll see. – Come on, Maggie, you love that place. | -也许吧 到时候再说 -求求你了 玛姬 你喜欢那个餐厅 |
[08:28] | You can order cannoli, then I’ll eat it, like I used to. | 你可以点香炸奶酪卷 然后我来吃 就像以前一样 |
[08:33] | I said, we’ll see. Okay? | 我说了到时候再说 好吗? |
[08:54] | Speaking of cops I don’t trust. | 刚说完我不信任的警察 |
[08:56] | Feeling’s mutual. | 彼此彼此 |
[08:58] | Especially when you keep holding out on me. | 尤其是当你一直有事瞒着我的时候 |
[09:00] | Holding out on you? | 有事瞒着你? |
[09:01] | Yeah. That suspect list you gave me was a dead end. | 是啊 你给我那份嫌疑人清单 没有任何进展 |
[09:04] | Protecting one of your new clients? | 你在保护你的某个新客户? |
[09:06] | I… You’re unbelievable, you know that? | 我…你真是离谱 你知道吗? |
[09:09] | I bent over backwards to get you that list. | 我费尽辛苦给你一份单子 |
[09:11] | You got something real to ask me or you just gonna bitch and moan? | 你是有正事要问还是来倒苦水的? |
[09:14] | – ‘Cause I got shit to do. – Take a look at this. | -因为我还有事情要处理 -看看这个 |
[09:19] | We got it from a traffic camera outside Jerry’s building, | 杰瑞办公室外面的交通摄像头拍到的 |
[09:22] | around the time he was shot. | 差不多在他被杀前后 |
[09:24] | So you got a suspect? | 这么说有嫌疑人了? |
[09:25] | Maybe. He look familiar? | 也许吧 这人你认识吗? |
[09:28] | No, not to me. | 不认识 |
[09:30] | But Jerry’s old assistant is coming by to pick up the rest of her stuff. | 但是杰瑞以前的助理会过来 取她剩下的东西 |
[09:33] | Let me take a picture. | 我拍张照片给她看看 |
[09:34] | No way. It’s our first solid lead we’ve had. | 不可能的 这是我们手上第一个有用的线索 |
[09:36] | Not letting you run around with it. | 不会交给你再搞砸了 |
[09:38] | – I’ll bring it by your office later. – Suit yourself. | -我一会儿会带去你办公室 -随你的便 |
[09:42] | Got a murder trial to prepare for. | 我有个谋杀案要准备 |
[09:44] | Yeah. Trevor Elliott. | 是啊 特雷弗埃利奥特吧 |
[09:46] | Funny, his lawyer got killed, he didn’t. | 有意思 他的律师被杀了 他还好好的 |
[09:50] | I’d keep that in mind if I were you. | 我要是你就小心一点 |
[10:23] | Got anything on Eli Wyms? | 有什么伊莱维姆斯的线索吗? |
[10:25] | Docket entry. Attempted murder of a police officer, multiple counts. | 案卷条目 企图谋杀一名警察 多项罪名 (郡在线法院案件系统 伊莱维姆斯) |
[10:29] | Multiple? That’s ambitious. | 多项罪名?胃口真大 |
[10:32] | They brought him in from Sylmar, County Mental Health. | 他们把他从西尔玛郡精神病院押过来 |
[10:35] | Yeah, Jerry must’ve sent him over for a psych evaluation. | 杰瑞肯定是把他送去做心理评估了 |
[10:39] | There is some good news. | 还有些好消息 |
[10:40] | Prosecutor’s Joanne Giorgetti. She still Hayley’s soccer coach? | 检察官是乔安妮乔尔盖蒂 她还是海莉的足球教练吧? |
[10:44] | Yeah, that relationship is a bit delicate. | 对 这种关系有点微妙 |
[10:48] | Yeah, I still don’t understand why there’s no file on this guy. | 我还是不明白 为什么这个人连个文件都没有 |
[10:52] | My theory is that it was in Jerry’s briefcase | 我猜是在杰瑞被杀时 |
[10:54] | the night he was killed. | 丢了的那个文件包里 |
[10:56] | That’s why it’s not here. | 这就是为什么不在这里 |
[10:58] | On that cheery note… | 说到这令人高兴的事… (律动舞蹈工作室) (伊莱维姆斯) |
[11:27] | Here. | 就是这个 |
[11:29] | You asked me to get ahold of Elliott. He’s set aside the whole day tomorrow. | 你要我跟埃利奥特约个会面 他把明天一天都空出来了 |
[11:38] | Still getting used to working out of an office. | 还在适应在办公室里工作 |
[11:42] | What’s all this? | 这都是什么? 你说想了解一下他老婆的情夫 |
[11:43] | You wanted the rundown on the wife’s boyfriend. | 这都是什么? 你说想了解一下他老婆的情夫 |
[11:46] | – Jan Rilz, the yoga teacher. – And? | -瑜伽教练杨瑞尔兹 -还有呢? |
[11:48] | We’ve gone through his stuff, but nothing definitive. | 我们找遍了他的东西 但是没什么明确信息 |
[11:50] | I don’t need definitive. I’ll take plausible. | 不用很明确 似是而非的都行 |
[11:54] | Tell me you got something for me. | 告诉我 你找到什么东西了 |
[11:56] | Define “something.” | 什么叫“什么东西” |
[11:58] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[11:59] | This is the security footage | 这是一段监控录像 |
[12:01] | from outside the casino that Jerry Vincent kept going to. | 摄像头就在 杰瑞经常去的那个赌场门外 |
[12:04] | Haller Associates, may I help you? I’m sorry, he’s not available. | 哈勒律师事务所 有什么可以帮您的? 对不起 他没有时间 |
[12:08] | There. That is Jerry. | 看 那个人是杰瑞 |
[12:10] | Who’s the other guy? What papers did he just hand over? | 另外一个人是谁? 给他的是什么文件? |
[12:14] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[12:15] | Cops are tryin’ to ID him, but nothin’ just yet. | 警察正在想办法查明他的身份 但是还没头绪 |
[12:18] | But at least we know Jerry wasn’t gambling. | 但至少我们知道了杰瑞不赌博 |
[12:21] | Where’d you find this? | 在哪儿找到的? |
[12:22] | My source at the LAPD. Better you don’t know. | 我在洛城警局的线人 你最好别问 |
[12:25] | Think it’s got anything to do with Elliott? | 你觉得这跟埃利奥特有关系吗? |
[12:27] | I mean, I’ve been over that file a hundred times. | 文件我来回看了很多遍 |
[12:30] | If Jerry had a magic bullet, I sure as hell can’t find it. | 如果杰瑞有个魔法子弹 我肯定找不到 |
[12:35] | Yeah? Well, there’s something else. | 真的?还有一样东西 |
[12:37] | Remember him? Bruce Carlin. | 记得他吗?布鲁斯卡林 |
[12:40] | Jerry’s investigator? | (寻人启事) 杰瑞的调查员? |
[12:41] | Yeah. He’s in the wind. Whereabouts unknown. | 对 他不见了 没人知道在哪儿 |
[12:45] | Your buddy Griggs put the word out on him, but so far nothing. | 你的好朋友格雷戈斯发了寻人启事 但是没有回音 |
[12:49] | He even left his Corvette. Which tells me he doesn’t wanna be found. | 他连自己的车都没开 说明他不想被人找到 |
[12:53] | Thing is, Carlin has an alibi. | 关键的是 卡林有不在场证明 |
[12:57] | The cops know he didn’t kill Jerry. | 警方知道杰瑞不是他杀的 |
[12:59] | Then why did he run? | 那他为什么跑了? |
[13:01] | Maybe he knows who did. | 也许他知道是谁干的 |
[13:04] | And maybe whoever it is caught up with him. | 而且不管是谁 找上了他 |
[13:08] | Great. | 好极了 |
[13:12] | Yeah. | 好 |
[13:15] | What? | 怎么了? 我不想让劳娜担心 但是格雷戈斯给我看了一张照片 |
[13:15] | I don’t wanna worry Lorna, but Griggs showed me a photo. | 怎么了? 我不想让劳娜担心 但是格雷戈斯给我看了一张照片 |
[13:19] | He thinks it might be Jerry’s killer coming out of the building. | 他觉得是杀了杰瑞的凶手 正好从楼里出来 |
[13:24] | My source didn’t mention it. He’s usually pretty good. | 我的线人没跟我提起这个 他通常都不错的 |
[13:27] | Yeah, Griggs plays everything tight. | 对啊 格雷戈斯行事小心 |
[13:29] | Just run your source again, | 再问问你的线人 |
[13:31] | see if LAPD has any idea who this guy is, all right? | 看看洛城警局里 有没有人认识这个人 好吗? |
[13:35] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 |
[13:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:49] | Something else? | 还有别的事情吗? |
[13:51] | Yeah. | 有 |
[13:53] | This whole case is weird, Mick. | 米克 整件事都有点怪 |
[13:56] | You working here late at night. I don’t like it. | 你在这工作到深夜 我觉得不好 |
[13:59] | I can take care of myself. | 我可以自己照顾好自己 |
[14:02] | Yeah. Well, there’s Lorna, too. | 还有劳娜呢 |
[14:08] | What’s that? Your lunch? | 那是什么?你的午饭? |
[14:10] | Jesus. Cisco. | 天啊 西斯科 |
[14:11] | Just a little peace of mind. | 一片小定心丸 |
[14:14] | There’s an internal safety, you just pull the trigger. | 枪保险在内侧 你可以直接扣扳机 |
[14:17] | I don’t have a license to carry a gun… | 我没有持枪许可… |
[14:19] | You’re not carrying it, are you? It’s registered to me. 100% legal. | 你又不用带在身上 对吧? 枪注册在我名下 绝对合法 |
[14:23] | I’m just storing it here. | 我只是放在这里 |
[14:25] | What? Trust, but verify. | 怎么?信任 但要核实 |
[14:28] | Whatever. If it makes you feel better, put it in there. I don’t wanna touch it. | 随你的便 如果你觉得这样感觉好些 就放在这里 我不会动它的 |
[14:32] | Better to have it and not need it, than… | 有备无患 总比… |
[14:36] | You know the rest. | 剩下的你都明白的 (当初我嘴巴严一点 就不会在这里了) |
[14:58] | Eli? | 伊莱? |
[15:00] | Eli Wyms? | 伊莱维姆斯? |
[15:09] | Eli? | 伊莱? |
[15:12] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[15:13] | My name is Mickey Haller, I’m your lawyer. | 我叫米奇哈勒 是你的律师 |
[15:16] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗? (永远忠诚) |
[15:20] | Eli? | 伊莱? |
[15:21] | Can you hear me? | 你能听见我说话吗? |
[15:24] | Great. | 好极了 |
[15:27] | Guard. | 警卫 |
[15:33] | Hey, what’s up, Coach? | 嘿 你好吗 教练? |
[15:35] | You have not earned the right to call me that again. | 你还没有重获那么称呼我的权利 |
[15:37] | Come on, Jo. That was a year ago now. | 拜托了 乔 都是一年前的事情了 |
[15:40] | Refs have long memories, | 裁判们的记性都不错 |
[15:42] | especially when dads yell at them from the sideline. | 特别是爸爸们 在边线外面大喊大叫的时候 |
[15:45] | – Yeah. – Almost cost us the game. | -好吧 -几乎断送了那场比赛 |
[15:47] | Keyword being “almost.” | 关键的是“几乎” |
[15:50] | I’m a different person now, Jo. | 我现在重新做人了 乔 |
[15:53] | Are you covering this for Jerry? | 你这是代替杰瑞? |
[15:55] | – What the hell happened? – Nobody knows. | -到底发生了什么? -没人知道 |
[15:57] | I’m like a hamster on a wheel trying to catch up. | 我一直在努力赶上 就像是一只转轮上的仓鼠 |
[16:00] | Speaking of which, I don’t have a file on this guy. | 说到这个 我手上连这个人的文件都没有 |
[16:02] | You mind if I… | 你介不介意我… |
[16:04] | I can get you a copy of the discovery, but it’ll take a day. | 我可以给你一份证据开示 但需要一天时间 |
[16:07] | Us poor DAs don’t have all the staff you fancy defense guys have. | 我们地区检察官经费有限 没有你们辩护律师那么多的助手 |
[16:11] | I owe you one, Jo. | 我欠你个人情 乔 |
[16:13] | You owe me more than one. | 你欠我不止一个人情 |
[16:15] | Here, look at mine for now. Just not the privileged stuff. | 给你 先看我的吧 但是有权限要求的不行 |
[16:22] | Guy’s a vet? | 这人是个老兵? |
[16:24] | Twice decorated in Iraq. A sniper. | 在伊拉克立过两次功 是个狙击手 |
[16:27] | Wife kicked him out. Case of High Life later, | 老婆把他扫地出门 于是开始酗酒 |
[16:30] | he’s sleeping it off in a truck in Topanga State Park. | 住在托潘加州立公园的一辆卡车里 |
[16:33] | Sheriff’s Department got reports of gunfire, | 警局接到枪声报告 |
[16:35] | so they sent a cruiser out to investigate. | 就派了一组警员去调查 |
[16:37] | But when the Deputy called it in, all hell broke loose. | 副警长到场时 一切都乱了套 |
[16:40] | Three hours and 90-some rounds later, they had Wyms in custody. | 三个小时打了九十多发子弹之后 他们抓住了维姆斯 |
[16:44] | It’s a miracle nobody was hit. | 没人中弹 真是个奇迹 |
[16:46] | Pretty obvious plea bargain. | 很明显是要进行认罪谈判了 |
[16:48] | Which is where I was headed with the public defender | 我跟公共辩护人也是这个想法 |
[16:50] | before Jerry took the case. | 但是杰瑞接手了 |
[16:54] | Wait. Wyms had a public defender? | 等等 维姆斯以前有公共辩护人? |
[16:56] | How did Jerry end up with the case? | 那杰瑞是怎么接手这个案子的? |
[16:58] | Beats me. I figured he needed the pro-bono hours. | 我也很奇怪 估计是他需要一些公益服务工时吧 |
[17:02] | And then he sent the guy out to County for a competency evaluation? | 然后他把这人 送到郡精神病院做了心智评估? |
[17:06] | Which just prolonged it even more. | 案子就拖得更长了 |
[17:08] | From what the PD told me, | 警察局给我的消息是 |
[17:10] | Wyms was a pain in the ass, but he was competent. | 维姆斯很难管教 但是他心智正常 |
[17:14] | All they did at County was pump him full of drugs. | 郡精神病院除了给他镇静药没干别的 |
[17:17] | You wanna plead it out, I’m all ears. | 如果你们要认罪 我洗耳恭听 |
[17:20] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[17:23] | LA-112895. People vs. Eli Wyms. | 加州人民诉伊莱维姆斯案 |
[17:29] | Oh, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 |
[17:31] | Twice in a day. My dreams have finally come true. | 一天见你两次 我的梦想终于成真 |
[17:36] | Are we setting a trial date here? | 我们今天要不要确定审判日期? |
[17:38] | Approach, Your Honor? | 法官大人 可否上前说话? |
[17:43] | I think we can come to a plea in this matter. | 我觉得这个案子可以达成认罪协议 |
[17:45] | But first I need a cease-and-desist to get my client off his meds. | 但是我首先需要一道法庭命令 好停止对我的委托人使用药物 |
[17:48] | Or I can’t even speak with the guy. | 要不然我都没法跟他交谈 |
[17:50] | Respectfully, this guy used a park full of Sheriff’s Deputies for target practice. | 恕我直言 被告在公园内 对多名警官开枪射击 |
[17:55] | What happens when he shanks somebody in the day room? | 如果他在收监期间攻击他人怎么办? |
[17:57] | What happens when he finally does come off the meds, | 如果他最终停药 |
[18:00] | and doesn’t like the deal we negotiate? | 却不喜欢我们谈好的认罪条件呢? |
[18:02] | You want him coming after the State for forcing him, | 你想要他起诉州政府 在他没有民事能力期间 |
[18:05] | while incompetent, to make that decision? | 强迫他做出这样的决定? |
[18:07] | Miss Giorgetti? | 乔尔盖蒂小姐? |
[18:13] | Better keep your damn mouth shut at the game this weekend. | 这个周末比赛时最好闭上你的臭嘴 |
[18:21] | She won’t leave. It’s been like an hour. | (她不肯走 已经快一个小时了) |
[18:49] | You’re taking the fish? | 你要把这鱼带走? |
[18:51] | Jerry loved that fish. | 杰瑞喜欢这条鱼 |
[18:54] | I wrote a speech. For Jerry’s memorial tonight. | 我为杰瑞的追思会写了一篇致辞 |
[18:57] | Do you wanna hear? | 你要听听吗? |
[18:58] | I would love to, honey, but I am up to my ears here. | 亲爱的 我很想听 但是我现在非常忙 |
[19:05] | What is all this? | 这都是什么? |
[19:06] | This is the Trevor Elliott case. | 特雷弗埃利奥特的案子 |
[19:08] | You know how you said you had a magic bullet, | 你说过 有颗魔法子弹 |
[19:10] | we’re thinking it was a third-party culpability defense. | 我们考虑采用第三方过错的辩护策略 |
[19:14] | A what? | 什么? |
[19:16] | Pointing the finger at someone else. | 指责别人 |
[19:18] | Like, maybe the wife’s boyfriend was the real target. | 比如 也许他老婆的情夫 才是真正的目标 |
[19:21] | So, I’m looking at all his other yoga clients | 所以我正在查阅其他瑜伽客户的情况 |
[19:23] | and cross-referencing them with his bank statements to… | 比对他的银行账户 从而… |
[19:32] | Does the name Carol Dubois mean anything to you? | 卡罗尔杜布瓦这个名字你有印象吗? |
[19:35] | No. Should it? | 没有 我该知道吗? |
[19:36] | There in his private yoga journal, he used initials to be discreet. | 他的私人瑜伽记录里 他用了名字中第一个字来隐蔽 (卡杜课程) |
[19:42] | But this Carol Dubois wrote him a check for 25 grand. | 但是这位卡罗尔杜布瓦 给他开了一张两万五千美元的支票 |
[19:46] | That’s a lot of namaste. | 对瑜伽课来说这数目非常大 (马里布海岸保险) |
[19:56] | Leave a message. | 请留言 |
[19:59] | I’m not bothering you by being here, am I? | 我在这里不打扰你 对吧? |
[20:02] | No. I just… I have to go do something, | 没有 我只是…得出去办点事情 |
[20:04] | so, you can just lock up before you go and good luck with your speech tonight. | 你走的时候把门锁好 还有 祝你今晚祝词顺利 |
[20:08] | You knock ’em dead. Sorry. | 语不惊人死不休 失陪了 |
[20:11] | Bad choice of words. | 用词不当 |
[20:22] | Birria. Goat stew, the real thing. | 比利亚 炖羊肉 真正的美食 |
[20:24] | Did you say “goat”? | 你说这是羊肉? |
[20:26] | Yeah. This will change your life. | 对 你的人生会因此而不同 |
[20:34] | – Damn. – Right? | -真棒 -对吧? |
[20:36] | Told you. | 早就告诉你了 |
[20:39] | Do you know every place in LA? | 洛杉矶每个地方你都认识? |
[20:41] | A lot of ’em. | 很多地方 |
[20:43] | There’s always new stuff or they just build on top of the old. | 总是有新东西 要不然就是旧东西上改建一下 |
[20:48] | How long have you lived here? | 你来这里有多长时间了? |
[20:51] | Well, I was born here. | 我出生在这里 |
[20:53] | When my parents split up, I went to live in Mexico City with my mom. | 我父母分手后 我跟我妈去墨西哥城了 |
[20:58] | But I spent most of my summers here with my dad | 但是我绝大多数的暑假 都是在这里跟我爸过的 |
[21:01] | and, I don’t know, this place gets under your skin. | 可是 我说不清楚 这地方让人不舒服 |
[21:04] | “Tip the world over on its side | “把这世界翻过来 |
[21:05] | and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.” | “所有松散的东西都落在洛杉矶” |
[21:08] | Frank Lloyd Wright. | 弗兰克劳埃德赖特 |
[21:11] | I think. | 我记得是 |
[21:13] | Hmm. | |
[21:15] | Told you. Life’s changing. | 跟你说过的 生活时刻变化 |
[21:17] | – Slowly and surely. – Imparting knowledge right now. | 缓慢而确定 这就开始传授知识了 |
[21:26] | No. Minus the deductible. You always have to pay a deductible. | (马里布海岸保险) 不对 要减去免赔额 您总得付免赔额那部分 |
[21:30] | Sir, I didn’t make the rules, I… | 先生 规矩不是我定的 我… |
[21:33] | Well, of course. You always have that option. | 对 当然了 您总是可以选择那个解决方案 |
[21:37] | You too, sir. | 您也是 先生 |
[21:40] | Sorry about that. Some people just think they’re special. | 对不起 有些人就是觉得自己很特殊 |
[21:45] | Now, what can I do for you? | 好吧 有什么我能效劳的? |
[21:47] | Well, thank you for agreeing to meet with me. | 谢谢您同意跟我见面 |
[21:50] | First of all, I didn’t wanna discuss this over the phone | 首先 我不想跟您 在电话上谈论这件事情 |
[21:52] | because it’s a bit delicate. | 因为它有点微妙 |
[21:54] | It concerns Jan Rilz. | 是关于杨瑞尔兹的 |
[21:57] | Jan? What about him? | 杨?他什么事情? |
[22:01] | Well, I work for a law firm that is looking into some potential claims | 我为一家律师事务所工作 我们正在调查一些潜在的索赔 |
[22:06] | relevant to Mr. Rilz. | 跟瑞尔兹先生有关 |
[22:08] | We’ve uncovered a pattern, | 我们发现了一个规律 |
[22:09] | clients meeting with him for private sessions. | 客户跟他见面进行私教课程 |
[22:12] | Some of whom may have been lured into giving him money. | 其中一些人可能受到了引诱 付钱给他 |
[22:16] | “Lured”? No. I wrote him a check. | “引诱”?没这回事儿 我就给他开过支票 |
[22:19] | He wanted to start a yoga retreat, | 他想开一家瑜伽静修所 |
[22:22] | in Joshua Tree. | 在约书亚树国家公园 |
[22:26] | There have been some allegations | 有一些指控 |
[22:28] | that he may have had a physical relationship | 说他可能与他的一些女性客户 |
[22:30] | with some of his female clients. | 发生了身体关系 |
[22:35] | Jan was an old soul. | 杨行事老派 |
[22:38] | He knew how to connect with people. | 他知道如何与人心灵相通 |
[22:44] | It’s what made him a great teacher. | 这是他成为一位好教练的原因 |
[22:46] | He could make you feel like you were the only person in the world. | 他可以让你觉得你是世界上唯一的人 |
[22:50] | But you weren’t. | 尽管你并不是 |
[22:52] | And I knew about his other investors. | 而且我还知道他别的投资人 |
[22:55] | Neema Shavar, for one… | 妮玛史瓦尔就是一个… |
[22:56] | Wait. Neema Shavar, was she another client, or… | 等等 妮玛史瓦尔 她是另外一个客户 还是… |
[23:02] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 你说你是哪个律师事务所的来着? |
[23:02] | What law firm did you say you were with again? | 不好意思 你说你是哪个律师事务所的来着? |
[23:06] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:07] | I think I’m barking up the wrong tree here. | 我觉得自己是找错人了 |
[23:10] | I must’ve gotten some bad information. I’ve taken up enough of your time. | 我肯定是得到了一些错误的信息 已经占用了您太多时间 |
[23:14] | Have a great rest of your day. | 祝您度过美好的一天 (凯西爱尔兰酒吧) |
[23:38] | What? | 干吗? |
[23:40] | It’s a bar. | 这是个酒吧 |
[23:42] | I can see that, yeah. | 对 我知道 |
[23:44] | Full of people you used to drink with. | 都是以前跟你一起喝酒的人 |
[23:46] | Yeah, my problem was with pills, Izzy. | 对啊 我的问题是嗑药 伊基 |
[23:48] | You wanna stay clean, it’s best if it’s all off-limits now. | 你想洁身自好的话 最好什么都别碰 |
[23:52] | Look. Jerry Vincent gave me my career back. | 杰瑞文森特把事业还给了我 |
[23:55] | Least I can do is pay my respects. | 我能做的 至少是表达我的敬意 |
[23:57] | So, just park somewhere close and I’ll text you when I’m done. | 就停在附近的地方 我结束后给你发短信 |
[24:27] | Hey. There he is. What’ll you have, Mick? | 嘿 他来了 喝点什么 米克? |
[24:30] | – I’m good, man. – Get the man a drink! | -伙计 我不喝 -给他一杯喝的! |
[24:33] | – Thanks. – One drink. Come on. | -谢谢 -就喝一杯 来吧 |
[24:38] | Give me a club soda with lime, please. | 请给我一杯加酸橙的苏打水 |
[24:41] | You know, Jerry wasn’t just a great boss. He was a great man. | 杰瑞不止是一位好老板 他是一个好人 |
[24:48] | You know? | 你知道吗? |
[24:50] | Yes. | 知道 |
[25:05] | To Jerry. | 敬杰瑞 |
[25:06] | – To Jerry. – Jerry. | -敬杰瑞 -杰瑞 |
[25:08] | Slainté! | |
[25:12] | Your turn, Mick. Speech. | 该你了 米克 说两句吧 |
[25:14] | Speech! Speech! | -好啊! -讲两句! |
[25:15] | Who, me? You want me? | 谁?我吗?你要我讲两句? |
[25:17] | – Yes, you! – Aw, come on. Why me? | -对 你! -为什么是我? |
[25:19] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:20] | You took over his practice. | 你接手了他的案子 |
[25:21] | – He trusted you. – Come on. | -他信任你 -来吧 |
[25:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:27] | Well, I’m not much for speeches, except in a courtroom. | 除了出庭时 我其实说话不多 |
[25:33] | Uh… | |
[25:36] | I first met Jerry back when he was still a prosecutor. | 我认识杰瑞时他还是个检察官 |
[25:39] | I hear you. | 我明白你们的意思 |
[25:42] | I guess Jerry did, too, because, well, then he switched sides. | 我猜杰瑞也明白 因为他后来也到我们这边来了 |
[25:47] | He was kind enough to tell me | 他很友善地告诉我 |
[25:48] | that I was one of the folks who inspired him to do that. | 我是激励他这样做的人之一 |
[25:52] | Although, personally, I think he just wanted the money. | 虽然我自己觉得 他其实就是想多赚点钱 |
[25:58] | Now, honestly, I… I hadn’t seen Jerry in a very long time. | 不过 实话实说 我… 我有很长时间都没见过杰瑞了 |
[26:03] | But taking over some of his clients, | 但是接手他一部分客户之后 |
[26:06] | it reminds me that Jerry was like any of us. | 我意识到杰瑞跟我们中任何人都一样 |
[26:10] | You know, he had some big cases that paid the rent. | 接几个大案子好养家糊口 |
[26:15] | He had some little ones that, well, only he knows why he took ’em. | 也有几个小案子 只有他自己知道为什么要接下来 |
[26:20] | But the end of the day, | 但到头来 |
[26:23] | he just wanted to leave his clients | 他就是希望他的客户们 |
[26:25] | better off than how he found ’em. And that’s… | 在他接手之后摆脱困境 而这正是… |
[26:29] | That’s all any of us can do, right? | 我们每一个人都力所能及的 对吗? |
[26:35] | So here’s to Jerry. | 所以这杯是向杰瑞致敬 |
[26:38] | As my father used to say, | 就像我爸爸经常说的 |
[26:40] | “We shall not look upon his like again.” | “我们再也不会见到他了” |
[26:43] | – To Jerry. – To Jerry! | -敬杰瑞 -敬杰瑞! |
[26:47] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[26:49] | That was some good stuff, bro. | 兄弟 说得不错 |
[27:01] | Hey, that was something. Good seeing you. | 讲得不错 很高兴见到你 |
[27:12] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[27:15] | Lankford. You here for Jerry? | 兰克福德 你是来纪念杰瑞的? |
[27:19] | Some defense lawyer? Fat chance. | 辩护律师?太阳从西边出来了 |
[27:22] | No, just having drinks with some cops after work. | 没什么 就是下班之后 几个警察一起喝一杯 |
[27:26] | You know, decent people. | 都是体面人 |
[27:30] | – Ah. – Mmm. | |
[27:33] | So, McFierce… | 麦克火神… |
[27:38] | Huh. | |
[27:42] | I wonder what she ever saw in you. | 我好奇她看上了你哪一点 |
[27:46] | Yeah. Well, that makes two of us. | 是啊 我也好奇 |
[27:51] | So, how’s your boy doing? | 那个小兄弟怎么样了? |
[27:57] | Jesús Menendez out in Calipatria. | 卡利帕特里亚的热苏斯梅内德斯 |
[28:09] | Well, say hi to him for me. | 请转达我的问候 |
[28:14] | I’ll see you around, Counselor. | 回头见 律师 |
[28:39] | Another club soda, boss? | 再来一杯苏打水? |
[28:41] | Give me a pint and a shot of Herradura, please. | 给我一杯啤酒 加一杯赫拉杜拉 谢谢 |
[28:44] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[29:50] | It’s all off-limits, huh? | 都是不能碰的东西? |
[29:52] | It doesn’t seem fair. | 看起来不太公平 |
[29:55] | Fair’s got nothing to do with it. | 这个不沾公平的边 |
[30:02] | It is what it is. You know? | 事实就是如此 你明白吗? |
[30:04] | It’s like trying to turn a pickle back into a cucumber. | 就像是把一根腌黄瓜变回黄瓜 |
[30:09] | You’re a pickle now. | 你现在是根腌黄瓜 |
[30:10] | Yeah, I heard that in rehab. | 这话我在戒毒时听到过 |
[30:12] | Not sure I buy it, though. | 虽然我不太买账 |
[30:15] | Then why didn’t you have those drinks? | 那你怎么不把那几杯都喝了? |
[30:17] | ‘Cause… | 因为… |
[30:20] | I wanted to prove I didn’t need to. | 我想证明我不需要喝酒 |
[30:23] | And because I don’t get joint custody back | 还因为我只有赢得玛姬的信任 |
[30:25] | until I earn Maggie’s trust. | 才能争回共同抚养权 |
[30:27] | Yeah. I don’t think it works long term if you do it for somebody else. | 如果你是为了别人而坚持 我觉得你坚持不了太长时间 |
[30:31] | Yeah. I heard that in rehab, too. | 这话我也在戒毒时听到过 |
[30:38] | I saw your car. | 我看到过你的车 |
[30:44] | Dance studio bumper sticker. | 有舞蹈工作室的保险杠贴纸 |
[30:46] | That’s you, right? | 是你的 对吗? |
[30:48] | How’d you know that? | 你怎么知道是我的 |
[30:50] | I looked into you, too. | 我也了解了一下你 |
[30:53] | I had to know what I was getting myself into. | 我得知道自己在跟什么样的人打交道 |
[30:59] | You’re not sleeping in your car, are you? | 你已经不睡在自己车里了吧? |
[31:03] | Not anymore. | 不了 |
[31:05] | I got a new place two days ago. With all the big bucks you’re paying me. | 有你给我发的工资 我前天找了个住的地方 |
[31:13] | I came to LA to study at that studio. | 我来洛杉矶是去那里上课 |
[31:18] | It paid off. | 有所回报 |
[31:21] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的? -对 |
[31:22] | I toured all over the world with a bunch of rich pop stars. | 我跟着一群有钱的流行歌星 周游了世界 |
[31:26] | And a bunch of drugs backstage that I somehow managed to avoid. | 而且竟然设法躲过了 后台那么多的毒品 |
[31:31] | Until I hurt my back, and I didn’t wanna lose my job. | 直到我后背受伤 而我不想失去工作 |
[31:38] | The thing I had to figure out, though, | 不过我必须弄清楚 |
[31:40] | was what pain the drugs were really numbing. | 毒品究竟在麻痹哪种疼痛 |
[31:44] | You can’t recover until you know what you’re recovering from. | 不知道要从哪种病痛恢复 是没办法恢复的 |
[31:51] | That’s the work. | 这是需要下功夫的地方 |
[32:04] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[32:24] | Hold on. You did what? | 等等 你干了什么? |
[32:26] | Babe, you cannot put yourself in these situations. | 宝贝儿 你不能让自己身处这种境地 |
[32:30] | Don’t infantilize me, Cisco. | 西斯科 别把我当小孩子 |
[32:31] | – Infant… What? – We were up against it. | -当小孩子 什么? -我们遇到了困境 |
[32:33] | You weren’t answering your phone, so I took initiative. | 你不接电话 所以我自己上阵了 |
[32:36] | I’m telling you, this woman could’ve done it. | 我跟你说 这个女人差点就上钩了 |
[32:38] | Then she started talking about other clients, | 结果她开始说别的客户的事情 |
[32:40] | somebody he was probably schtupping. | 有个人可能被瑜伽教练诓上床了 |
[32:43] | Are you serious about this? | 你说的是真的? |
[32:45] | She loved him. | 她爱上了那个家伙 |
[32:46] | Then realized he was spreading it all over town. | 但是意识到他跟很多女人都有一腿 |
[32:48] | Someone like that, who knows what they’re capable of? | 谁知道那种人能干出什么好事? |
[32:54] | I make a pretty good investigator. | 我是个不错的调查员 |
[32:56] | That’s not all you make. | 火中取栗 |
[33:01] | We going somewhere? | 我们要去哪里吗? |
[33:02] | We are. | 是的 我的司机会跟着我们 |
[33:03] | My driver will follow us. | 是的 我的司机会跟着我们 |
[33:05] | – I wanna take your car. – My car? | -我想坐你的车 -我的车? |
[33:08] | Watch your hands. | 小心你的手 |
[33:10] | Do yourself a favor. When you come to court, | 帮你自己一个忙 |
[33:12] | just drive something else. | 出庭那天开辆别的车 |
[33:14] | Jury sees you in this, forget it. | 陪审团看到这个车的话 我就全白忙活了 |
[33:26] | You gonna tell me where we’re going? | 你说去哪里? |
[33:28] | – Or should I just… – Don’t worry about it. | -还是我就… -别担心 |
[33:30] | Just stay under the speed limit. | 别超速就行 |
[33:32] | It’s like a ticket mill out here. | 这一带是超速罚单印刷厂 |
[33:34] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[33:38] | Where are the buttons here? | 这边的按钮都在哪儿? |
[33:39] | – What do you need? – To smell the ocean. | -你需要什么? -闻闻大海的味道 |
[33:42] | Windows. | 开窗 |
[33:49] | All right. Let’s talk about your case. | 好吧 咱们谈谈你的案子 |
[33:53] | On the prosecution side, it’s pretty circumstantial. | 检方那边要进行间接证明 |
[33:56] | The problem is, for a jury, it’s also pretty believable. | 问题是 在陪审团眼里会很可信 |
[33:59] | I didn’t know she was having an affair. | 我不知道她有外遇 |
[34:01] | There’s one important piece of evidence. | 有一件重要的证物 |
[34:04] | The gunshot residue on your clothes. | 你衣服上的枪弹残留物 |
[34:05] | No, that was a false positive. | 不对 那是假阳性的 |
[34:08] | It had to be. I’ve never fired a gun in my life. | 必须是假阳性的 我这辈子从来没开过枪 |
[34:11] | Jerry said he could attack the test results. | 杰瑞说过他会质证检测结果 |
[34:14] | Which bring us to the defense case. You and Jerry ever talk about that? | 就会让我们处于守势 你和杰瑞讨论过这个吗? |
[34:18] | He said he had something | 他说过他有些想法 |
[34:19] | but he didn’t want to tell me until he was sure he had it locked down. | 但是他不想在能确认之前跟我说 |
[34:24] | We were supposed to discuss it this week. | 我们本来是要这周谈谈的 |
[34:28] | But I guess that’s not gonna happen now. | 但是现在不可能了 |
[34:30] | Why’d you wait five minutes to call 911? | 为什么你等了五分钟才打911? |
[34:34] | Because I was in shock. | 因为我被惊呆了 |
[34:36] | Then you should’ve hung up and called a lawyer. | 那你应该挂了电话给律师打电话 |
[34:38] | So they could tell me to keep my mouth shut? | 这样他们好告诉我闭嘴什么都别说? |
[34:40] | Plead the Fifth? That’s what guilty people do. | 扯上第五修正案 那是有罪的人的办法 |
[34:42] | No. That’s what smart people do. | 不对 那是聪明人的办法 |
[34:44] | Bullshit. The jury needs to hear from my mouth that I’m innocent. | 胡扯 陪审团得从我嘴里听到 我是无辜的 |
[34:48] | You mean testify? Golantz will run circles around you. | 你要做证? 葛兰茨会把你问得体无完肤 |
[34:51] | And once your credibility’s shot, it won’t matter what you tell the jury. | 一旦你的信誉受到质疑 你跟陪审团说什么都没用了 |
[34:55] | There’s two juries. | 有两个陪审团 |
[34:56] | In the courtroom, and the Twitter mob outside. | 一个是法庭上的 一个是推特的乌合之众 |
[34:58] | I told you, they need to see that I’m innocent. | 我跟你说过的 他们必须明白我是无辜的 |
[35:01] | Or our acquisition turns into a fire sale. | 要不然我们的一切都会被贱卖 |
[35:04] | This is non-negotiable. | 这没什么好商量的 |
[35:12] | It’s filed? You sure? | 备案了?你确定吗? |
[35:15] | Okay. Great, thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[35:18] | They just unsealed the indictment. | 他们刚刚公布了起诉书 |
[35:21] | Nice work, McFierce. | 干得漂亮 麦克火神 |
[35:25] | What? | 有什么事? |
[35:26] | Nothing. Just… | 没什么 就是… |
[35:29] | You and Haller. I can’t wrap my head around that one. | 你和哈勒曾是夫妻 我想破了脑袋也不明白为什么 |
[35:33] | Is this gonna be a problem? | 有什么问题吗? |
[35:34] | No. It’s not a problem. | 没什么 |
[35:36] | Because if you have a beef with my ex, it’s got nothing to do with me. | 如果你跟我前夫有过节的话 不关我的事 |
[35:40] | All right, my bad. | 好吧 算我错了 |
[35:44] | I get it. I’m divorced too. | 我明白 我也离过婚 |
[35:46] | Oh, come on. What are we here? Cagney and Lacey on a stakeout? | 算了 我们来这里是干吗的? 卡格尼和莱西在盯梢? |
[35:49] | Which one am I? | 我是哪个? |
[35:52] | I take it you two were on opposite sides of a case? | 我猜你们两个 在同一个案子里交过手? |
[35:56] | Yeah. It wasn’t even my case. I was just the supervisor on it. | 对 其实不是我的案子 我只是案子的监督 |
[36:01] | It was a murder. Jesús Menendez, this guy who carved up a prostitute, | 是一起谋杀案 热苏斯梅内德斯虐杀妓女案 |
[36:05] | and your ex pled him out. | 你前夫给他辩护赢了 |
[36:08] | Yeah, sounds like one of his cases. | 对 听上去好像是他办过的案子 |
[36:10] | Eyes on the target, heading out. | -注意目标 出来了 -我们走吧 |
[36:12] | Here we go. | |
[36:18] | Angelo Soto. Stop where you are. | 安吉洛索托站住别动 |
[36:20] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[36:22] | Mr. Soto, you’re under arrest for suspicion of human trafficking, | 索托先生 你因涉嫌贩卖人口被捕 |
[36:25] | Penal Code 236.1. | 《刑法典》第236节第1条 |
[36:27] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[36:29] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law. | 你所说的每一句话都可以在法庭上 作为指控你的不利证据 |
[36:44] | Why the hell did you bring me here? | 你带我来这里是干什么? |
[36:46] | The DA knows when you left your office that morning. | 地区检察官知道 你那天早上离开办公室的时间 |
[36:50] | Based on time of death, they need to prove | 根据死亡的时间 他们需要证明 |
[36:52] | you could’ve gotten here in 40 minutes or less. | 你可以在40分钟 或更短的时间内到达这里 |
[36:55] | Thirty-six minutes. And that’s driving the speed limit. | 按照限速开的话是36分钟 |
[36:58] | You brought me back to the place my wife was murdered for that? | 你把我带回我妻子被杀的地方 就为了这个? |
[37:02] | No, not just that. | 不 不光是这个 |
[37:03] | Take me through the whole day of the murders. | 带我回忆一下出事那天的整个过程 |
[37:05] | You wanna take the stand? | 你要自己作证? |
[37:07] | I need to hear exactly what you’re gonna say. | 我需要准确地听一下你要说什么 |
[37:09] | Start with the night before. | 从前一天晚上开始说吧 |
[37:16] | We had a fight. | 我们吵了一架 |
[37:17] | About? | 关于什么? |
[37:18] | Same thing we always fought about. | 就是我们一直争吵的事情 |
[37:20] | My wife resented having to live in my shadow. | 我妻子对一直生活在我的阴影里 心怀不满 |
[37:22] | Do you blame her? | 这能怪她吗? |
[37:25] | So you went to bed angry. | 所以你带着怒气上床了 |
[37:28] | Yes. But I came out here the next day to try and make up. | 对 但我第二天来这里尝试补救 |
[37:31] | I thought we would do something spontaneous, | 我以为我们会自发地做一些事情 |
[37:33] | maybe drive up to Big Sur… | 也许开车到大瑟尔… |
[37:35] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
[37:37] | Then what? Then you know what. | 然后?你明白的 |
[37:40] | No, I don’t. | 我不明白 |
[37:42] | You don’t get off that easy. Now, let’s go inside. Come on. Come on. | 你没那么容易脱身的 咱们现在进去吧 来吧 (准许进入) |
[38:00] | What happened after you came in? | 你进来之后发生了什么? |
[38:03] | I called out her name. | 我喊了她的名字 |
[38:09] | Lara? | 拉拉? |
[38:12] | She didn’t answer. | 她没回答 |
[38:14] | I figured she’d gone to the beach, | 我猜她去海滩了 |
[38:15] | so I went up to the bedroom to put my swimsuit on. | 所以我就上楼去卧室换泳衣 |
[38:19] | Lara? | 拉拉? |
[38:23] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好 咱们上楼 |
[38:28] | – Don’t make me do this. – Come on, Trevor. Let’s go. | -别让我做这个 -来吧 特雷弗 上楼 |
[38:42] | Tell me what you saw. | 告诉我当时的情景 |
[38:51] | Goddamn you. | 你个混蛋 |
[38:53] | Trevor, tell me what you saw. | 特雷弗 告诉我你当时看到了什么 |
[39:05] | Baby. | 亲爱的 |
[39:10] | What the fuck? | 这他妈的怎么了? |
[39:13] | He was over there. | 他在那边 |
[39:15] | And Lara… | 而拉拉… |
[39:19] | Lara was on the bed. | 拉拉在床上… |
[39:23] | I found them dead. Okay? | 我发现时 他们已经死了 明白吗? |
[39:26] | I found them both dead. They were… | 我发现时 他们俩都死了 他们… |
[39:45] | What about the cameras? | 摄像头是怎么回事? |
[39:48] | What cameras? | 什么摄像头? |
[39:49] | They were off the morning of the murders. | 命案早上被关掉了 |
[39:53] | There’s no footage of you arriving or going in. | 没有你到达和进屋的视频记录 |
[39:55] | Lara must’ve turned them off. | 肯定是拉拉关掉了 |
[39:57] | I guess she didn’t want them recording her and Rilz together. | 我猜她不希望 她跟瑞尔兹鬼混被拍下来 |
[40:00] | Makes sense. | 说得通 |
[40:01] | She did that every time she was alone with Rilz, didn’t she? | 她每次跟瑞尔兹约会都会关掉吧? |
[40:04] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不确定 |
[40:06] | Really? | 真的? |
[40:07] | I’ve got a security system at my house, too. Nothing elaborate. | 我家也装了安全系统 没什么特别的 |
[40:11] | But I can access the cameras from my phone anytime I want, | 但是只要我想 就可以从手机上调取摄像头画面 |
[40:13] | and I’m just a simple lawyer. You’re a goddamn tech genius. | 而我只是个小律师 你可是科技界的大天才 |
[40:16] | You told me you didn’t know about the affair. | 你跟我说过 你不知道这婚外情 |
[40:19] | You never asked about the cameras being off? | 你就从来没问过摄像头怎么关掉了? |
[40:21] | You never noticed this? | 你从没注意过吗? |
[40:23] | Fuck you, Mickey. | 去你的 米奇 特雷弗 如果我只花了几天时间 就能察觉出疑点 |
[40:24] | Trevor, if I can figure this out in a few days, | 去你的 米奇 特雷弗 如果我只花了几天时间 就能察觉出疑点 |
[40:26] | the prosecutor figured it out months ago. | 检察官几个月前就发现了 |
[40:28] | – It’s not what you think. – Then what is it? | -不是你想的那个样子 -那是什么? |
[40:33] | I didn’t care about the affair. | 我不关心婚外情 |
[40:37] | I mean, I cared, but… | 我关心过 但是… |
[40:41] | God knows I wasn’t a perfect husband. | 我不是个完美的丈夫 |
[40:45] | Success goes to your head. I… I… | 成功会冲昏头脑 |
[40:49] | I stepped outside of my marriage, more than once. | 我也出过轨 不止一次 |
[40:53] | Lara forgave me for it, at least she tried to. | 拉拉原谅了我 至少她试着原谅了 |
[40:56] | Now, did I like that she’s fucking another guy? | 我愿意她跟别人上床吗? |
[40:59] | No. But am I gonna let that destroy my marriage? | 不愿意 但是我会因为那个 就毁了我的婚姻? |
[41:02] | So, you knew. | 所以你早就知道了 |
[41:03] | – Yes, I knew. – And you lied about it. | -对 我知道 -可你撒谎了 |
[41:05] | Because I know how guilty it makes me look. | 因为我知道 这会让我看起来有多可憎 |
[41:08] | I came out here that morning to fight for the woman that I love. | 那天早上我来到这里 为我爱的女人而战斗 |
[41:11] | Not physically, emotionally. | 不是身体上的 而是感情上的 |
[41:14] | Mickey, I didn’t kill them. | 米奇 他们不是我杀的 |
[41:16] | I don’t have it in me to do something like that. | 我不是能干出那种事情的人 |
[41:22] | Now, when I asked you to walk me through your story, | 我要你为我解释 |
[41:24] | what happened on that day, | 事发当天一切情况的时候 |
[41:27] | that was your direct examination, and you passed with flying colors. | 相当于直接质证 你表现得非常优秀 |
[41:30] | You said the right things, you showed emotion at the right time, | 你说了正确的话 在正确的时机表达了情绪 |
[41:33] | I believed every word and so would a jury. | 我相信了你说的每一个字 陪审团也会相信 |
[41:35] | But just now, Trevor, that was your cross. | 但现在是你的交叉质证 特雷弗 |
[41:39] | That’s how easily | 葛兰茨那个混蛋 会轻松地把你撕成碎片 |
[41:40] | that fucker, Golantz, will rip you to pieces. | 葛兰茨那个混蛋 会轻松地把你撕成碎片 |
[41:42] | Do you understand this? | 这个你明白吗? |
[41:46] | Then we’re done here. | 那我们这儿就结束吧 |
[41:54] | Ay, dios mio. | |
[42:02] | Wait. So now we got two other people to point the finger at? | 等等 找到了另外两个 可以指证的人? |
[42:05] | Listen, the woman Lorna found doesn’t feel likely to me. | 我觉得劳娜找到的那个女人不像是 |
[42:10] | But she did bring up another one of the yoga clients. Neema Shavar. | 但是她确实提起了 另外一个瑜伽客户 妮玛史瓦尔 |
[42:14] | She was giving money to this guy, Rilz, too. | 她也在瑞尔兹这个家伙身上花了钱 |
[42:17] | And she has a husband. | 而且她是有夫之妇 |
[42:20] | He runs a private security company. The kind that cater to off-book clientele. | (猎鹰国际解决方案) 她丈夫开了一家私人安保公司 那种什么活儿都接的公司 |
[42:25] | The kind that’s good at following people? | 那种善于跟踪人的公司? |
[42:27] | I know what you’re thinking, but listen, now, all we’ve got is smoke, not fire. | 我知道你在想什么 但是我们现在只有线索没有证据 |
[42:33] | You need us to stick around tonight? | 你要我们今晚陪着你吗? |
[42:35] | No. You guys take off. I could use the peace and quiet. | 不用了 你们走吧 我正好自己安静一下 |
[42:38] | Cisco, you find out anything about the guy in the picture Griggs showed me? | 西斯科 格雷戈斯照片上那个人 你找到什么了吗? |
[42:42] | I couldn’t get ahold of my source. | 我联系不上我的线人 |
[42:44] | He ghosted me. | 他跟我玩失踪了 |
[42:46] | And Griggs never stopped by with it? | 格雷戈斯从来没有因为这个停下来? |
[42:47] | Not that I know. | 据我所知没有 |
[42:49] | But the DA did send over a discovery on Eli Wyms. | 但是地区检察官发过来一份 伊莱维姆斯的证据开示 |
[42:52] | I’ll leave it out for you. | 我会留在你桌子上 |
[42:54] | All right, thanks. I’ll get to it tomorrow. | 好的 谢了 我明天再看 |
[42:56] | Tonight’s gotta be all about Elliott. | 今晚集中火力处理埃利奥特的案子 |
[43:07] | Momentum’s great. | 胸有成竹非常好 |
[43:09] | Momentum’s what you want. | 人人都想胸有成竹 |
[43:11] | But momentum can also grind to a halt. | 但是胸有成竹也有突然卡住的时候 |
[43:15] | And then it’s just you facing the music alone | 接下来就是你自己一个人 借助几本厚厚的笔记本 |
[43:18] | with a couple of legal pads. | 把问题梳理清楚 |
[43:24] | First, you just lay out the basic facts. | 首先 列出基本事实 (其他约了瑜伽课的女人) |
[43:29] | But the more you think, the more you start to dig. | 但是你思考得越多 你开始发掘得就更多 |
[43:33] | What are you digging for? | 你现在在发掘什么? |
[43:35] | Depends. Every case is like a puzzle. | 因案而异 每个案子都像是一堆拼图 |
[43:37] | It’s a code you’ve got to crack. | 是你要破解的一组密码 |
[43:39] | You’ve got to find the answers, | 你必须找到答案… (时间线) |
[43:42] | or the magic bullet that’ll blow the whole thing wide open. | …或者那颗击碎谜团的魔法子弹 (其他嫌疑人 卡罗尔杜布瓦?) |
[43:51] | Sometimes they might be right in front of your face. | 有时候它们也许就在你鼻子底下 |
[43:56] | But usually, they’re buried, deep down. | (猎鹰国际解决方案 首席执行官 安东史瓦尔) 但它们往往深藏不露 |
[43:59] | So, you dig some more. | 所以你得挖掘得更深 |
[44:05] | What you’re looking for are connections. | 你要寻找的是关联 |
[44:07] | The elusive kind, the kind you didn’t notice at first. | 难以捉摸的那种 你一开始没有注意到的那种 |
[44:14] | The pieces that don’t fit. Or the pieces that fit too easily. | 完全搭不上的那些碎片 或者是太容易就搭上的那些碎片 |
[44:23] | But sometimes, you move the pieces around, | 但有时你把碎片挪来挪去 |
[44:26] | and none of it adds up. | 还是搭不到一起 |
[44:30] | That’s when you gotta stop and take a step back. | 这时候你就得后退一步 |
[44:33] | Because the answer might be right in front of your face. | 因为答案可能就在鼻子下面 (9月6日) (伊莱维姆斯 证据开示) (伊莱维姆斯) (提审日期:9月6日) (9月6日) (逮捕日期:2021年9月6日) (逮捕日期:2021年9月6日) |
[45:20] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[45:26] | Eli Wyms is the magic bullet. I don’t know how, but he’s got to be. | 伊莱维姆斯就是那颗魔法子弹 我不知道怎么扯在一起 但他一定是 |
[45:29] | He was arrested the same day as the murders a couple of miles away. | 他在谋杀案发生的同一天被捕 就在几公里外 |
[45:33] | That’s why Jerry wanted the case. | 这是杰瑞要接他这个案子的原因 |
[45:34] | It can’t be a coincidence. This guy knows something, Cisco. | 这不会是巧合 这个家伙知道些情况 西斯科 |
[45:38] | Just call me back, all right? | 给我回个电话 好吗? |
[46:04] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[46:17] | Fuck! Come on. | 妈的!快啊 |
[46:37] | Get the hell out of here! | 快给我出来! |
[46:42] | Yeah! That’s right! | 对!你说对了! (格雷戈斯) |
[46:48] | Haller? | 哈勒? 照片上那个人 我觉得他刚来过我的办公室 |
[46:49] | The guy from the photo, I think he was just here. At the office. | 哈勒? 照片上那个人 我觉得他刚来过我的办公室 |
[46:52] | – What? – I scared him off with a gun, I think. | -什么? -我刚才开枪把他吓走了 |
[46:56] | – Fuck are you doing with a gun? – Never mind! Just get over here! | -你他妈拿枪干什么? -别问了!赶快过来! |
[47:00] | God damn it! | 见鬼! |
[47:01] | I’ll be there in ten minutes. Try not to shoot me when I get there. | 我十分钟之内到 到时候别朝我开枪 (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |