时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You think there’s a chance Elliott might be innocent? | 你觉得有没有可能 埃利奥特真是无辜的? |
[00:09] | In my business, that would be what we call a unicorn. | 这种情况叫做独角兽 |
[00:12] | You ever had one before? | 你碰上过吗? |
[00:13] | Jesús Menendez. He’s doing 15 years for murder. | 热苏斯梅内德斯 因为谋杀判了15年 还在服刑 |
[00:16] | A witness disappeared on me. Without her, he was looking at life. | 有个证人放了我鸽子 她不做证的话热苏斯会被判终生监禁 |
[00:19] | The court finds Mr. Soto is a flight risk. | 本庭认为索托先生有逃脱的可能 |
[00:22] | Bail will be set at $2 million. | 保释金定为两百万美元 |
[00:24] | Get here right away. It’s your witness. | -你得立刻过来 你的证人出事了 -是我的错 |
[00:26] | It’s my fault. | |
[00:27] | He didn’t wanna do it, and I pressured him. | 他打了退堂鼓 但是我向他施加了压力 |
[00:30] | Come here. It’s okay. | 抱一下吧 没关系 |
[00:33] | No, you did everything you could. | 别那么想 你尽了全力 |
[00:37] | – I should, um… – Yeah. | -我应该… -没事儿 |
[00:39] | I don’t know what the Feds spoke to Jerry about. | 我不知道联邦调查局跟杰瑞谈了什么 |
[00:41] | Couple days ago, my assistant told me | 几天前 我的助手告诉我 |
[00:43] | there’s over a hundred grand missing from his accounts. | 他账户上丢了十多万美元 |
[00:46] | Now we got two other people to point the finger at? | 找到了另外两个可以指证的人? |
[00:48] | Neema Shavar. | 妮玛史瓦尔 |
[00:50] | She was giving money to this guy, Rilz, too. | 她也在瑞尔兹这个家伙身上花了钱 |
[00:52] | And she has a husband. He runs a private security company. | 而且她是有夫之妇 他丈夫开了一家私人安保公司 |
[00:57] | Trevor, jury selection starts Wednesday. | 特雷弗 陪审团遴选星期三开始 |
[00:59] | The 12 citizens will decide if you spend the rest of your life in prison or not. | 有12位公民会决定 你这辈子会不会一直在监狱里度过 |
[01:04] | Once we pick a jury, there’s no turning back. | 陪审团选好就没有回头路了 |
[01:06] | Clear your calendar. We have work to do. | 把你别的安排全都取消掉 我们得准备一下了 NETFLIX 剧集 |
[01:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:28] | No. This is me. | 不对 这份是我的 |
[01:31] | Okay, I get it. | 好 我明白了 |
[01:33] | You brought me here to take me down a peg. Is that it? | 你带我来这里就是 为了让我谦卑一点 对不对? |
[01:36] | Rich guy only eats at Nobu. | 只去高档餐厅吃饭有钱人 |
[01:39] | I make video games. You think I never had Pink’s before? | 我是做电子游戏这行的 你以为我从没吃过拼客热狗? |
[01:42] | I brought you here because I wanted a chili dog. | 我带你来这里 是因为我想吃辣味热狗 |
[01:44] | And another reason, too. | 另外还有一个原因 |
[01:47] | Look around you, Trevor. | 特雷弗 看看你周围 |
[01:49] | This is your jury pool. | 这些人就是你的陪审团候选人 |
[01:51] | My father used to call the jury the Gods of Guilt | 我父亲曾经称陪审团为罪恶之神 |
[01:54] | because at the end of the day, they decide. | 因为他们是做出最终裁决的人 |
[01:56] | You might think your trial starts with the opening statement. | 你可能觉得 你的审判是从开场白开始的 |
[01:59] | It doesn’t. It starts tomorrow with jury selection. | 不 是从明天的陪审团遴选开始 |
[02:03] | With them. Every single one of them will scrutinize you | 从他们当中选 你把车停在法院大楼那一刻开始 |
[02:07] | as soon as you park at the courthouse. | 他们每个人都会仔细审视你 |
[02:08] | They will judge what you drive, | 他们会评判你开什么车 |
[02:10] | how you dress, every single expression you make. | 穿什么衣服 展现出的每一个表情 |
[02:12] | – So, please don’t make any. – I really can’t drive my own car? | -所以不要流露任何表情 -我真的不能开自己的车? |
[02:16] | The one that costs five times what your jurors make in a year? | 那辆价值你的陪审员五年工资的车? |
[02:21] | Lara’s Prius is still in the garage. | 拉拉的普锐斯还在车库里 |
[02:23] | Good. | 可以 |
[02:24] | Okay, what else? | 好吧 还有什么? |
[02:26] | From you, nothing. | 你没什么事情了 |
[02:28] | We’ve got the best jury consultants in town. | 我们有全城最好的陪审团顾问 |
[02:31] | They charge accordingly. | 一分钱一分货 |
[02:33] | – Just sign this agreement. – I don’t want a jury consultant. | -签合同吧 -我不需要陪审团顾问 |
[02:36] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[02:38] | You remember the last celebrity trial you saw? | 你记不记得 自己上一次看到的名人审判? |
[02:41] | People see a rich guy hiding behind a wall of suits, | 人们看到的就是 一个有钱人躲在一堆穿西服的人后面 |
[02:44] | they automatically think you’re guilty. | 自然而然地他们就会认为你有罪 |
[02:46] | I know how to read people, Mickey. | 我知道如何读懂别人 米奇 |
[02:48] | I know what they like. That’s how I got where I am. | 我知道他们喜欢什么 凭着这个我才有现在的成就 |
[02:51] | I trust my own instincts and yours, not some consultant I never met. | 我相信我自己和你的直觉 而不是几个我没见过面的顾问 |
[02:55] | I appreciate the confidence, Trevor, but we need all the help we can get, | 我欣赏你的信心 特雷弗 可我们需要所有能得到的帮助 |
[02:59] | so please just sign here. | 所以请你在这里签名 |
[03:01] | Let me be clear. | 我来把话说清楚 |
[03:03] | No jury consultant. | 用不着陪审员顾问 (毒蛇室) |
[03:16] | – What are we doin’ here? – Trevor doesn’t want a jury consultant. | -我们来这里干什么? -特雷弗不想要陪审团顾问 |
[03:21] | – So? – So I’m not hiring one. | -所以? -所以我不会花钱雇一个 |
[03:32] | – ‘Sup, Haller? – ‘Sup, Bubba? She here? | -你好 哈勒 -你好 布巴 她在吗? |
[03:56] | Call. | 跟 |
[03:59] | The chances somebody doesn’t have a full house are not good. | 不太可能有人没有葫芦 |
[04:20] | Ten thousand. | 一万 |
[04:24] | All in. | 全押 |
[04:30] | Call. | 跟 |
[04:40] | Kings full. Caught it on a river. | 天葫芦 全靠河牌 |
[04:43] | Sorry, big baby. Four of a kind. | 对不起了 大兄弟 四条 |
[04:49] | Straight flush. | 同花顺 |
[04:53] | Fuck. | 妈的 |
[05:06] | Mickey Haller. | 米奇哈勒 |
[05:09] | Hey, stranger, it’s been a while. | 嘿 快认不出你来了 好久不见 |
[05:12] | Trying to live the clean life. | 努力做个干净的人 |
[05:14] | Yeah, you and me both. | 咱俩一样 |
[05:16] | Listen, uh, I need your help on a murder trial. | 我有个谋杀案需要你帮忙 |
[05:20] | I just made more on one hand than you can pay me in a week. | 我刚才那手牌赚的钱 比你一周付给我的还多 |
[05:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:24] | I also know reading people is a skill that has to be practiced. | 我也知道读懂人 是一项必须练习的技能 |
[05:27] | I’m just giving you the opportunity to do what you do best. | 我只是给你个机会做你最擅长的事 |
[05:31] | Hmm. | |
[05:32] | You always were a sweet talker. | 你这嘴总是这么甜 |
[05:35] | I can give you a day. | 我可以给你一天时间 |
[05:36] | Fair enough. I’ll text you the details. | 够合理的 我会把详细信息发短信给你 |
[05:39] | Just one thing, my client can’t know. | 只有一件事 不能让我的客户知道 |
[05:43] | Well, I’m nothing if not discreet. | 我可是最谨慎的人 |
[06:05] | You’ve reached Maggie McPherson. Please leave a message. | 这是玛姬麦克弗森的语音信箱 请留言 |
[06:09] | Hey, Mags, it’s me. | 嘿 玛姬 是我 |
[06:13] | Look, I’m really sorry about your witness. | 我真的很为你的证人感到难过 |
[06:18] | And, uh, I’m sorry how we left things last night. | 还有我们昨天晚上话没说到位 |
[06:22] | Anyway, I’ll try you later. Okay? | 不多说了 我一会儿再打给你 好吗? |
[06:25] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:34] | Janelle Simmons has made women in Los Angeles less safe. | 珍妮西蒙斯 让洛杉矶的女性更不安全了 |
[06:37] | As chief of the Major Crimes Unit, | 作为重案组组长 |
[06:39] | she stood by while an overburdened laboratory | 当一个负担过重的实验室 |
[06:41] | neglected rape kits, and tainted evidence. | 忽略强奸取证套盒而且污染了证据时 她无动于衷 |
[06:44] | Her negligence victimized women again. | 她的疏忽再次伤害了女性 |
[06:47] | When you needed her, Janelle Simmons didn’t do her job. | 当你需要她时 珍妮西蒙斯没有做好她的工作 |
[06:50] | Vote Robert Cardone for district attorney. | 投票选罗伯特卡多内作地区检察官 |
[06:53] | I’m Bob Cardone and I approve this message. | (选罗伯特卡多内作地区检察官) 我是鲍勃卡多内 我同意这条消息 |
[06:57] | Every crime lab in the country is backed up. | 全国的刑事犯罪实验室 都在超负荷运转 |
[07:00] | And he’s in charge of conviction review. | 而且他负责定罪审查 |
[07:02] | He’s just milking this to make me look bad. | 他搞这一出就是让我难堪 |
[07:05] | Right now, every case needs to be airtight. | 现在 每个案子都要做到滴水不漏 |
[07:08] | Well, we are airtight, Janelle. | 我们做到了滴水不漏 珍妮 |
[07:10] | Your lead witness is dead. | 你的首席证人死了 |
[07:13] | Because Angelo Soto had him killed. | 因为安吉洛索托让人杀了他 |
[07:15] | I am under a microscope here, Maggie. | 玛姬 我现在就像是 被人放在显微镜下 |
[07:17] | Without your witness, the case falls apart. | 缺了你手上这个证人 这个案子没有胜算 |
[07:20] | We have his testimony from the grand jury. | 我们还有他给大陪审团的证词 |
[07:22] | Which you can’t use if defense can’t cross-examine him. | 如果辩方不能向他交叉询问 他的证词什么用都没有 |
[07:25] | – They’ll move to dismiss and win. – Not if we prove Soto killed him. | -他们会撤案抗辩 打赢官司 -证明是索托杀了他就不会了 |
[07:28] | We do that, the grand jury testimony comes back in. | 我们能做到的话 大陪审团面前的证词就可以被采纳了 |
[07:31] | Can you? | 你能做到吗? |
[07:32] | If you can prove that Soto was behind this, do it. | 你能证明这是索托指示的就去做 |
[07:35] | Or we need to drop the charges before it gets to a hearing. | 要不然我们就在听证之前撤案 |
[07:39] | – Wait, what? – You heard me, Maggie. | -等等 什么? -我话说完了 玛姬 |
[07:42] | Airtight. | 滴水不漏 |
[07:53] | Track anyone with ties to government. | (新语音留言 米奇) 追踪任何与政府有联系的人 |
[07:56] | Family in the military, contractors. | 有家属在军队和承包商的人 |
[08:00] | We want rule followers. | 我们要的是守规矩的人 |
[08:02] | This is it, right here. | 是这个 就在这里 |
[08:03] | You know, anyone’s who’s… | 每个… |
[08:21] | His name is Anton Shavar. | 这个人就是安东史瓦尔 |
[08:24] | This is the guy with the private security firm? | 就是那个开私人保安公司的人? |
[08:27] | Arms dealers, oligarchs. | 服务军火商、寡头 |
[08:29] | He’s not particular about where his clients get their money. | 他不在乎他客户在哪行发财 |
[08:33] | Supposedly, he’s ex-Mossad, but that may just be PR. | 据说他以前在摩萨德工作 但有可能只是公关策略 |
[08:37] | Sorry, I know I’m only here ’cause there’s donuts, | 不好意思 我来这里只是因为有甜甜圈 |
[08:39] | but how does this all tie in with Trevor Elliott? | 但这一切是怎么能扯到 特雷弗埃利奥特呢? |
[08:42] | Don’t apologize. That’s exactly what the jury will ask. | 不用不好意思 陪审团会问一模一样的问题 |
[08:44] | So… | 所以… |
[08:48] | Elliott’s wife was found dead with this guy, Jan Rilz. | 埃利奥特的老婆被人发现 跟这个叫杨瑞尔兹的家伙死在一起 |
[08:52] | – The yoga gigolo. – That’s about the size of it. | -瑜伽小白脸 -没错 |
[08:55] | Rilz was sleeping with a bunch of his female clients. | 瑞尔兹一直跟他的几个女客户上床 |
[08:58] | Mostly wealthy, mostly married. Like Neema Shavar, Anton’s wife. | 大部分都是有钱人和有夫之妻 比如安东的老婆妮玛史瓦尔 |
[09:04] | Now ex-wife. | 现在得叫前妻了 |
[09:05] | It’s called the “it could have been this guy” defense. | 这种辩护策略可以称为“可能是他” |
[09:07] | – Mmm. – Anton’s potentially dangerous. | 安东是个潜在的危险人物 |
[09:10] | He’s got a motive. Got anything else I can use to point a finger at him? | 他有动机 还有别的东西 我可以拿出来大说特说的吗? |
[09:13] | Yes and no. | 有 也没有 |
[09:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:17] | Rilz filed a restraining order against Anton | 瑞尔兹提交过针对安东的限制令 |
[09:21] | two months before the murders. | 这是他被杀两个月前的事情 |
[09:23] | He said Anton came to his house and threatened him. | 他说安东找到他家里来威胁他 |
[09:25] | Now we’re talking. | 这就对了 |
[09:26] | So, you said, “Yes, and no.” What’s no? | 那刚才你说:“有 也没有” 是什么意思呢? |
[09:29] | Rilz never showed up for the hearing. The order wasn’t granted. | 瑞尔兹没有出席听证会 限制令就没被签发过 |
[09:32] | How did you find out about it? Never mind, I don’t wanna know. | 你是怎么发现的?算了 我不想知道 |
[09:36] | If Anton’s violent, maybe he threatened Rilz into dropping the restraining order. | 如果安东是个会动粗的人 也许他威胁了瑞尔兹放弃限制令 |
[09:40] | That’s smart, but we can’t prove it. | 这个角度很聪明 但是我们没法证明 |
[09:42] | Not that he threatened him, | 不一定非要他威胁了瑞尔兹 |
[09:45] | but there may be a way to show that he’s violent. | 但是可能有办法证明他很暴力 |
[09:48] | And you definitely don’t wanna know. | 而且你肯定不愿意知道怎么证明 |
[09:52] | All right. Surprise me, Cisco. | 好吧 给我个惊喜吧 西斯科 |
[09:54] | Just make it quick. We pick a jury tomorrow. You ready? | 但是一定要快 我们明天选陪审团 你准备好了吗? |
[09:56] | Mmm. | |
[10:02] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[10:04] | – Mick. – Yeah? | -米克 -什么? |
[10:05] | Where you going? | 你去哪里? 我有件事必须在明天之前处理 以前的生意 |
[10:06] | I got one more thing I gotta do before tomorrow. Old business. | 我有件事必须在明天之前处理 以前的生意 |
[10:09] | Anything to do with the Jesús Menendez case? | 跟热苏斯梅内德斯那件案子有关吗? |
[10:14] | You asked me to get you a file, out of nowhere, | 你无缘无故地要我把文件找出来 |
[10:16] | for a case that got put to bed a year ago. | 可这案子一年前就结了 |
[10:18] | Did it? ‘Cause it’s eating at me, Lorna. It was driving me crazy. | 结了?劳娜 我想到这个就抓狂 因为这案子一直在我脑袋里嗡嗡响 |
[10:22] | – Mick… – Just forget it for now, okay? | -米克… -暂时别管这事 行吗? |
[10:24] | Did you at least get Trevor to sign off on the jury consultant? | 你至少让特雷弗 同意了找陪审团顾问吗? |
[10:27] | Not exactly, no. Goodbye, Lorna. | 没太成功 再见 劳娜 |
[10:30] | The one who’s driving me crazy is you. My God. | 让我抓狂的人是你 我的天啊 (阿尔塔西内加汽车旅馆) (未知号码 7号房) |
[11:01] | Knock-knock. | 叮咚 |
[11:06] | – You motherfucker. – Wait, Cherry. Let me explain. | -你这个混蛋 -别着急 切莉 听解释一下 |
[11:11] | You tricked me. I took two buses to get here from Hollywood. | 你骗了我 我从好莱坞换了一次公交车才到这里 |
[11:14] | – Sorry. You wouldn’t meet me otherwise. – We had a deal. | -没办法 要不然你不肯见我 -当初我们说好了的 |
[11:17] | I was looking for Glory Days. You’re gonna get me off that drug charge. | 我负责找格洛丽亚戴斯 你负责搞定我的毒品指控 |
[11:20] | I know. I’m sorry. I ended up in rehab. | 我知道 对不起 我进了戒毒所 |
[11:24] | An accident, shit went from bad to worse. | 我出了点事请 雪上加霜 |
[11:26] | I did two months in County because you ghosted me. | 因为你放了我鸽子 我最后在监狱里过了两个月 |
[11:30] | Wait, you went to rehab? | 等等 你进了戒毒所? |
[11:31] | Yeah, I don’t wanna get into it. | 对 我现在不想说这个了 |
[11:34] | Don’t stand there waving cash in my face. | 别站在我面前晃钞票 |
[11:36] | If you’re here to make it right, make it right. | 如果你是来这把话说清楚的 赶快说 |
[11:39] | Cherry, I’m here because I really need your help | 切莉 我找你来 是因为我真的需要你帮我 |
[11:42] | finding Glory Days again. | 再把格洛丽亚戴斯找出来 |
[11:46] | Maybe you should’ve paid her more. You’re not exactly Mr. Big Spender. | 也许你当初多给她点钱就行了 你可真不大方 |
[11:50] | There’s more of that if you can help me. When was the last time you saw her? | 如果你能帮我的话钱会更多 你最后一次见到她是什么时候? |
[11:54] | Not since last time you asked. | 你最后问那次以后就没见过了 |
[11:56] | Her profile’s been dark. She’s not working parties. | 她一直没有接过生意 不是个拼命挣钱的人 |
[11:58] | A girl doesn’t disappear without a trace. | 一个女孩子不会凭空消失 |
[12:01] | – She got cold feet. – On what? | -她怕了 -害怕什么? |
[12:02] | I don’t know. She was my key witness in a murder trial. | 我不知道 她是我一个谋杀案子的关键证人 |
[12:06] | Where would you go for work if you had to start fresh? | 如果是你要重操旧业 会去哪里工作? |
[12:10] | The world is my oyster. | 想去哪里就去哪里 |
[12:13] | Look, if you wanna pay me to chase a ghost, | 如果你想给我钱让我去找失踪的人 |
[12:15] | I’m not complaining. | 我没意见 |
[12:17] | But instead of a down payment, | 但是比起只拿定金 |
[12:21] | maybe I can earn the rest of it right now, | 我能不能现在来赚全款 |
[12:24] | help you forget about her? | 也帮你忘了她? |
[12:27] | Enjoy the room for another 50 minutes. | 这房间随你再享用50分钟 |
[12:30] | Take a bath. Watch some cable. Keep me posted. | 洗个澡 看会儿电视 有消息告诉我 |
[12:34] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[12:56] | What the hell is that doing? | 那玩意儿在干吗? |
[12:58] | Mapping the place. That way he knows where everything is, | 标定区域 老先生好知道什么东西在什么地方 |
[13:01] | so he doesn’t bump into things. | 所以他就不会撞上东西了 |
[13:03] | – “He”? – Mr. Geary. | -“老先生”? -吉里大爷 |
[13:06] | He was our custodian in middle school. | 我们中学的看门人 |
[13:08] | He was so nice. | 是个好人 |
[13:09] | ‘Course. Don’t we have a janitor to do that? | 肯定的 但是物业的人不干这个吗? |
[13:11] | The service has been a little spotty since the whole gun thing. | 上次开枪那件事情之后 就没怎么来过了 |
[13:16] | Look at you! My man can sew. | 看看啊!我家男人会针线活 |
[13:21] | Well, I’m an Eagle Scout. | 我可是鹰级童军 |
[13:23] | Hmm. | |
[13:24] | Look, I know you’re onto something with this Anton guy, | 我知道你发掘了 这个叫安东的人很多事情 |
[13:27] | but you should look into this one. | 但是你最好看看这个 |
[13:29] | Carol Dubois. | 卡罗尔杜布瓦 |
[13:30] | The insurance lady? | 那个卖保险的女人? |
[13:33] | I already did, babe. | 我看过了啊 宝贝 |
[13:34] | She has got an alibi. | 她有不在场证明 |
[13:36] | She was at some conference in Tucson. | 她正在图森参加一个什么会议 |
[13:38] | Unless you think she hired a triggerman | 除非你觉得她买凶杀人 |
[13:40] | ’cause she was upset about losing 25 grand. | 就是因为 她为了损失两万五千美元而生气 |
[13:43] | No, it wasn’t about the money. She didn’t care about that. | 不 不是钱的事情 她不在乎钱 |
[13:47] | It was Rilz. | 是因为瑞尔兹 |
[13:50] | Alibi or no alibi, there is something off about her. | 在不在场 她都有些不太对劲 |
[13:53] | I’m telling you, it’s the women. | 我跟你说吧 是因为那些女人们 |
[13:56] | Mmm. | |
[13:57] | Hello and welcome to jury duty. | 各位好 欢迎大家来履行陪审义务 |
[14:00] | I’m Mary Holder, presiding judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court. | 我是洛杉矶高等法院主审法官 玛丽霍尔德 |
[14:05] | And as I like to say, there is no justice without you. | 正如我喜欢说的 没有你们就没有正义 |
[14:12] | But let’s talk about how you got here. | 但是让我们来谈谈 你们是如何来到这里的 |
[14:15] | It all begins in the Jury Services office, when your name was randomly generated | 这一切都始于陪审团服务办公室 你的名字是从选民登记名册 |
[14:20] | from voter registration rolls and other public sources. | 和其他公共资料来源中随机生成的 |
[14:26] | How come whenever I get called for jury duty | 每次我被要求担任陪审员时 |
[14:28] | it’s at some court on the other side of town? | 怎么法庭总是在很远的地方? |
[14:30] | Because they assign jurors randomly from all over the county. | 因为他们从全郡随机分配陪审员 |
[14:34] | That way, you get a diverse jury pool. That’s the theory anyway. | 这样可以产生多元化的候选陪审员团 反正就是这个理论 |
[14:38] | What’s the reality? | 那现实呢? |
[14:39] | The reality is, it doesn’t matter where they come from, | 现实情况是 不管他们来自哪里 |
[14:43] | almost none of ’em wanna be there, but your entire case depends on them. | 几乎没人愿意被选中 但你的整个案子都落在他们手上 |
[14:54] | – These are the people deciding my fate? – Yep, and they start right now. | -这些就是决定我命运的人? -对 而且他们现在就开始了 |
[14:57] | Don’t say anything. Don’t smile. Keep your head down. | 一个字都不要说 不要微笑 一路低头走过去 |
[15:01] | What do you think I’ve been doing the last six months? | 你觉得我过去六个月都在干什么? |
[15:03] | Literally. Cameras can whip around and cause a concussion. | 这么说吧 摄像机会推来挤去 把人撞成脑震荡 |
[15:06] | – Haller! – All right, Lorna. Come on. | -哈勒! -好了 劳娜 咱俩继续走 |
[15:08] | DA says the evidence against your client is overwhelming. | 地区检察官说 针对您的委托人的证据确凿 |
[15:11] | What evidence? What evidence? | 什么证据? |
[15:13] | They have no murder weapon, no witnesses, | 他们一没有凶器 二没有证人 |
[15:15] | not one drop of blood on my client’s clothes. | 我委托人身上一滴血迹都没有 |
[15:18] | The only thing overwhelming is Mr. Elliott’s innocence. | 唯一确定的事 是埃利奥特先生的清白 |
[15:22] | Please excuse us. | 恕我们失陪 |
[15:23] | Mr. Haller, the DA evidence… | 哈勒先生 地区检察官的证据… |
[15:25] | Voir dire. That’s what they call jury selection, right? | 你知道法语里陪审团遴选的原意吗? |
[15:28] | Mmm. | |
[15:30] | That’s French, means to speak the truth. | 意思是说出真相 |
[15:35] | What? | 什么? |
[15:37] | The truth is the least of my concerns. I don’t want fair-minded jurors. | 我最不担心的就是真相 我不要不偏不倚的陪审员 |
[15:41] | I want them biased as hell. Biased for me. | 我希望他们有巨大的偏见 朝我这边偏 |
[15:44] | I want 12 lemmings in a box. | 我要的是12个木偶人 |
[15:46] | And the DA wants the exact same thing. | 而地方检察官那边也想如此 |
[15:48] | So I try to get rid of his lemmings and he tries to get rid of mine. | 所以我得除掉他想要的人 而他要除掉我想要的 |
[15:53] | That’s how you pick a jury. | 选陪审员就是这么回事儿 |
[15:57] | Hey, you handled the press like a pro out there. | 嘿 刚才应付记者的手法很专业 |
[16:00] | It’s part of the job. | 这也是工作 |
[16:02] | Case as big as this, you can’t get many of those. | 这么大的案子 可遇不可求 |
[16:04] | Once you get through those doors, | 进了法院的门以后 |
[16:06] | it’s just another homicide. Nothing I haven’t seen before. | 这不过是一起普通凶杀案 没什么新鲜的 |
[16:12] | This is gonna move fast once the jurors come in. | 陪审员进来之后会很快 |
[16:14] | I’ll input the basics right away. Age, ethnicity, flesh it out as we go. | 我会立刻录入基本信息 年龄、种族 我们边看边增加信息 |
[16:22] | Colored pens and post-its, is he for real? | 彩笔和便利贴 他真是来出庭的? |
[16:25] | You know they make software for that. | 你知道他们写了软件干这种活儿吗? |
[16:27] | A computer can’t hear how somebody answers. | 电脑不会听人说话 |
[16:30] | – It can’t read their eyes. – They can now, actually. | -也不会阅读人的眼睛 -其实现在可以了 |
[16:41] | Go get ’em, tiger. | 大老虎 吃了他们 |
[16:47] | Relax, I’ve picked dozens of jurors. | 放松 我挑过十几次陪审团了 |
[16:50] | You’re in good hands. | 一切尽在掌握 |
[16:52] | I read about how this works. | 我读过这是怎么回事儿 |
[16:54] | Once they take their seats, they’re on the jury unless they get cut. | 一旦他们就座 如果不被裁掉就会留下来进陪审团 |
[16:57] | That’s right. My job is to figure out who to cut, who to keep. | 对 我的工作就是弄清楚 裁掉哪些人 留下哪些人 |
[17:02] | Our job. | 我们的工作 |
[17:05] | This isn’t some video game launch, Trevor. | 特雷弗 这个可不是电子游戏发售 |
[17:07] | This is my domain. Just leave it to me, okay? | 这是我的领域 交给我好吗? |
[17:10] | And it’s my life. | 可这是我的性命 我想参与挑选这些执掌我命运的人 |
[17:11] | I’d like some input into the people deciding it. | 可这是我的性命 我想参与挑选这些执掌我命运的人 |
[17:14] | I built my brand on trusting my instincts. | 我的品牌就是由我的直觉构建起来的 |
[17:17] | I don’t want you cutting anyone unless we make that decision together. | 除非我们都同意 否则我不希望你裁掉任何人 |
[17:23] | All rise. The honorable Judge Stanton presiding. | 全体起立 尊敬的斯丹顿法官入庭 |
[17:30] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[17:32] | Wanna weigh in? Fine. But just be quiet and brief. | 想讨论?没问题 但是小声点 话别太多 |
[17:35] | If the jury sees us arguing, you’re dead. | 陪审团看见咱俩吵嘴的话你就死定了 |
[17:38] | All right, let’s bring in the first 18. | 好了 现在请第一组18位入座 |
[17:41] | Thank you for being here. | 感谢你们来到这里 |
[17:43] | I’m going to ask you some questions, then the lawyers will have a turn. | 我会问你们一些问题 然后是律师们的问询 |
[17:47] | There are no wrong answers. | 没有任何答案是错的 |
[17:48] | Your only obligation is to be truthful. | 你们唯一的义务是诚实 |
[17:50] | Now, due to the media attention, this will be an anonymous jury. | 鉴于媒体的关注 本案会由匿名陪审团裁定 |
[17:54] | Attorneys haven’t been provided with your identities. | 律师们不知道你们的个人信息 |
[17:57] | If you slip up and say anything that identifies you, | 如果任何人不小心说出任何个人信息 |
[18:00] | I will be forced to excuse you myself. | 我将别无选择 只能要求回避 |
[18:03] | Any questions? | 有没有什么疑问? |
[18:05] | Good. Let’s start with some basics. | 好 那我们就从基础情况开始吧 |
[18:07] | Juror number one, tell us your occupation, | 1号陪审员 请告诉大家您的职业 |
[18:09] | marital status, and where you live. | 婚姻情况和居住地 |
[18:12] | I’m a stay-at-home mom with two kids in high school, divorced. | 我是一个全职妈妈 有两个孩子在读高中 离异 |
[18:17] | I live in Woodland Hills. | 我住在伍德兰希尔斯 |
[18:18] | I’m a writer, technical manuals mostly. | 我是个写手 基本上都是技术说明书 |
[18:21] | I’m engaged so, sort of married, Culver City. | 我订婚了 所以可以算是已婚吧 住在卡尔弗城 (技术写手) |
[18:25] | I’m an attorney. I am divorced. | 我是个律师 离异 |
[18:27] | No kids, I live in Los Feliz. | 没有孩子 住在洛斯费利兹 (律师) |
[18:32] | I’m an aerospace engineer at Lockheed Martin. | 我是航空工程师 在洛克希德马丁工作 |
[18:35] | I’m single and I live in Palos Verdes. | 单身 住在帕洛斯弗迪斯 |
[18:38] | I’m a caterer, married with three kids in Altadena. | 我是一名餐饮服务商 已婚 住在阿尔塔德纳 有三个孩子 |
[18:42] | I do weddings, buddy. Give you a juror’s discount. | 我是做婚礼服务的 哥们儿 可以给你个陪审员折扣 |
[18:44] | I’m an artist. | 我是个艺人 |
[18:46] | I just moved to Silver Lake from Ohio. | 刚从俄亥俄搬到银湖 |
[18:48] | I’m single. | 我还是单身 我研究生在读 还是个拼车司机 |
[18:49] | I’m a graduate student and a rideshare driver. | 我还是单身 我研究生在读 还是个拼车司机 |
[18:52] | Van Nuys. Not married, no. | 住在凡奈斯 未婚 没有孩子 |
[18:54] | My name’s Janice. I’m a stand-up comedian. | 我叫詹妮丝 是个单口喜剧演员 |
[18:58] | I’m sorry. I wasn’t supposed to say my name, was I? | 对不起 我不该说名字 对吗? |
[19:03] | Juror number 12 is excused. | 第12号陪审员请回避 |
[19:05] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[19:09] | Good morning. My name is Jeffrey Golantz. | 上午好 我叫杰夫瑞葛兰兹 |
[19:11] | I’m the prosecutor. | 是本案的公诉人 |
[19:13] | This is a murder trial. | 这是一起谋杀案 |
[19:16] | The defendant is charged with murdering his wife and her lover. | 被告被指控 谋杀了他的妻子及其情人 |
[19:20] | Now, we want a fair, impartial jury. | 我们需要陪审团公正裁量、不偏不倚 |
[19:23] | So, I need to ask, | 所以 我需要问各位 |
[19:25] | would the fact that the victims were having an extramarital affair | 受害者有婚外情这一事实 |
[19:28] | make it hard for anyone here to be impartial? | 是否会让在座的任何人 难以保持公正? |
[19:36] | Two, four and 15 are bluffing. | 2号、4号和15号在假装没事 |
[19:38] | Keep them. | 要留下 |
[19:40] | Your Honor, the People thank and excuse jurors two, four, and 15. | 法官大人 加州人民 感谢2号、4号和15号并要求回避 |
[19:45] | Shit, this guy’s good. | 妈的 这家伙挺厉害 |
[19:51] | See, jury selection is the one part of a trial that’s a game, | 陪审团遴选 是庭审这场比赛的一个部分 |
[19:54] | and like any game it has rules. | 而且跟任何比赛一样 它也有规则 |
[19:57] | Each side gets ten challenges. | (公诉方回避 辩护方回避) 双方各有十次回避次数可用 |
[19:59] | You can use those to strike any juror you want, but be careful. | 你可以使用它们来剔除 任何你不想要的陪审员 但要小心 |
[20:03] | Because the replacement may be even worse, right? | 因为替补上来的可能会更糟 对吧? |
[20:06] | Exactly. So the trick is to hold on to as many bullets as you can | 非常对 所以诀窍是 尽可能多地节省子弹 |
[20:09] | and get the other side to fire theirs. | 让对方先打光他们的子弹 |
[20:12] | Plus, this is your chance | 还有 这是你的机会 |
[20:13] | to introduce yourself and your client to the jury. | 好向陪审团介绍自己和你的客户 |
[20:16] | Not just as a lawyer or a defendant, | 不只是作为律师或被告 |
[20:18] | but as human beings. So use it. | 而是作为一个活生生的人 所以要好好利用 |
[20:22] | Oops. | |
[20:24] | Off to a rough start, folks. | 开局不利啊 伙计们 |
[20:28] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:30] | All right. Good morning, everyone. | 谢谢 好吧 大家上午好 |
[20:33] | My name is Michael Haller. | 我叫迈克尔哈勒 |
[20:34] | And this is my client, Trevor Elliott. | 那位是我的客户 特雷弗埃利奥特 |
[20:37] | I’m the defense attorney | 我是辩护方的律师 |
[20:38] | and I’m here to help you find the facts in this case so we can get to the truth. | 我来这里是为了帮你们发掘本案事实 这样我们才能查明真相 |
[20:42] | Let me tell you a little bit about myself. | 让我告诉你们一些关于我自己的情况 |
[20:44] | I have a daughter, right? She’s 13, and what can I say? | 我有个女儿 她13岁了 我还有什么好说的呢? |
[20:48] | She’s got me wrapped around this little finger. | 她把我玩得团团转 |
[20:50] | If I ask her, did you make your bed? | 要是我问她 你叠被子了吗? |
[20:54] | Did you do your homework? Did you wash the dishes? | 你做功课了吗?洗碗了吗? |
[20:56] | She’ll say yes, and I’ll want to believe her | 她会说都做了 而我也愿意相信她 |
[20:58] | even when I can see her unmade bed or her school bag unopened. | 即使我可以看到她的床乱七八糟 或者是她的书包根本就没有打开过 |
[21:03] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:04] | Well, because she’s my baby girl, you know? | 因为她是我的宝贝女儿 你明白吗? |
[21:08] | – Anyone with me? – Yeah. | -有人跟我一样吧? -有 |
[21:09] | All right. | 好的 |
[21:11] | Does anyone feel that way about cops? | 有没有人对警察 |
[21:13] | About people in uniforms with badges and guns? | 对穿着制服、佩戴徽章和枪支的人 也有这样的感觉? |
[21:16] | You just believe them even when your eyes are telling you | 即使你的眼睛告诉你 他们并不诚实 |
[21:20] | they’re not being truthful? | 你还是会相信他们? |
[21:25] | Number one is bluffing. Hand to her mouth is a lie. | 1号在诈唬 用手捂嘴是暗示听到谎言 |
[21:28] | Dead giveaway. | 必须得弄走 在座的各位 有没有执法人员的亲属或家人? |
[21:29] | Does anybody here have relatives or family members in law enforcement? | 必须得弄走 在座的各位 有没有执法人员的亲属或家人? |
[21:35] | How about you, juror number one? | 1号陪审员 您是吗? |
[21:37] | Maybe in the past? | 也许以前是? |
[21:40] | Well, my ex-husband was a cop in Long Beach. | 我前夫以前是长滩的警察 |
[21:44] | I mean, he’s not a relative or family member anymore. | 他不再是什么亲戚或家庭成员了 |
[21:47] | How long? | 他警龄多少年? 15年 |
[21:48] | Fifteen years. | 他警龄多少年? 15年 |
[21:49] | What if you wanna get rid of somebody, but you don’t wanna waste a challenge? | 如果你想剔除某个人 但是又不想浪费回避次数呢? |
[21:53] | You get unlimited strikes for cause. | 有理由的话 你可以随时要求回避 |
[21:55] | And the judge can kick anybody for being biased. | 而且法官可以开掉任何有偏见的人 |
[21:58] | So you’ve got to try and bring out that bias in your questioning. | 所以你必须尝试在你的提问中 诱导出这种偏见 |
[22:02] | Usually cops try to stick it out for 20 so they can get their full pension. | 通常警察会尝试坚持做满20年 这样他们才能获得全额养老金 |
[22:06] | Why did your ex leave the force so early? | 为什么您前夫这么早就离开了警队? |
[22:10] | Because being a cop is a tough job. | 因为警察是一份艰苦的工作 |
[22:13] | He just couldn’t do it anymore. | 他就是坚持不下去了 |
[22:15] | So, there wasn’t an incident? | 是不是发生过什么事故? |
[22:18] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[22:19] | An allegation of misconduct like excessive force? | 受过不当行为指控 比如过度使用武力? |
[22:23] | Corruption? Maybe he just cut corners? | 贪污?或者是出工不出力? |
[22:25] | Objection, Your Honor, to the entire line of questioning. | 法官大人 我们反对整个提问过程 |
[22:28] | Counsel, approach. | 律师 请上前讨论 |
[22:33] | Your Honor, their case rests entirely on the shoulders of the cops. | 法官大人 他们这起案子 完全是警察一手侦办 |
[22:36] | I’ve a right to explore her feelings on law enforcement. | 我有权探讨她对执法人员的感受 |
[22:39] | – You’re baiting her. – I’m drawing out her biases. | -你在引诱她 -我在引导她表达出她的偏见 |
[22:42] | You’ve got ten challenges, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 你有十次回避机会 |
[22:44] | You wanna strike her, use one. I’m not doing it for you. | 你想让她出局就用一次 我是不会替你这么做的 |
[22:52] | The defense will like to thank and excuse juror number one. | 辩护方感谢1号陪审员并要求回避 |
[23:00] | Well, that didn’t work. | 看起来没成功啊 |
[23:02] | Yes and no. I used a challenge, | (公诉方回避-3 辩护方回避-1) 好坏兼有吧 我用掉一次回避 |
[23:04] | but I put the idea of corrupt cops in their heads. | 但我把腐败警察的想法 放在了他们的脑袋里 |
[23:09] | We need another way to get to Soto. | 我们得另想个办法搞定索托 |
[23:11] | What about his girlfriend? | 他女朋友怎么样? |
[23:13] | Tanya Cruz, 26. Came over from the Philippines four years ago. | 谭雅克鲁兹 26岁 六年前从菲律宾移民过来的 |
[23:17] | No record. | 没有案底 |
[23:18] | No money either, until Soto started taking care of her. | 攀上索托之前也没有钱 |
[23:21] | – Think she knows something? – It’s worth finding out. | 你觉得她知道一些事情? 值得一查 |
[23:23] | If we can turn her, maybe she can give us the shooter. | 如果她肯合作 也许我们就能找到致命一击 |
[23:26] | How long do we have? | 我们还有多少时间? |
[23:28] | A week, maybe. | 大概一周吧 |
[23:29] | They’ll file a motion to dismiss today, ask for an expedited hearing. What? | 他们今天会提交取消驳回上诉的动议 要求法庭快速审判 怎么了? |
[23:35] | Nothing, it’s just… | 没什么 就是… |
[23:37] | Most DAs, when it gets political, they cut and run. | 大多数地区检察官 一旦案子跟政治沾上边就会退避三舍 |
[23:42] | I’ll let that go on account you’ve never worked with me before. | 考虑到你和我以前从没合作过 这话我就不放在心里了 |
[23:45] | Look at you, making me think twice about lawyers. | 你让我对律师也有了新的认识 |
[23:50] | We’re gonna need some leverage. | 我们需要一些筹码 |
[23:52] | Yeah, we are. | 对 需要 |
[24:06] | Nothing like a pedicure, huh, Neema? | 没什么比修脚更舒服了 对吧 妮玛? |
[24:10] | Me, I can’t ever get ’em. | 我都够不到脚趾头 |
[24:13] | My feet are too ticklish, drives me crazy. | 我的脚痒得让我发疯 |
[24:16] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗? |
[24:17] | Oh. | 我为一位辩护律师工作 |
[24:18] | I work for the defense attorney. | 我为一位辩护律师工作 |
[24:21] | Representing Trevor Elliott. | (小迈克尔哈勒律师事务所) 他代理特雷弗埃利奥特 |
[24:24] | The guy who killed Jan? | 杀了杨的那个人? |
[24:26] | Innocent till proven guilty. | 他被证明有罪之前是清白的 |
[24:28] | It’s a fundamental tenet of our justice system. | 我们司法系统的基本原则 |
[24:31] | What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[24:32] | Were you aware your ex-husband threatened Jan before he was murdered? | 你知道你的前夫 在杨被谋杀之前威胁过他吗? |
[24:37] | If you were, why didn’t you report it to the authorities? | 如果你知道的话为什么不报警? |
[24:39] | What the hell? | 这是什么鬼话? |
[24:41] | Just some of the questions you’ll be asked when you’re subpoenaed, | 这是什么鬼话? 你被传唤的时候会被问到这些问题 |
[24:44] | not to mention the ones about your affair with the deceased. | 更不用说你与死者的婚外情了 |
[24:50] | You might wanna start thinkin’ about your answers now. | 你最好现在就开始思考怎么回答 |
[24:56] | I think we’re done. | 我看差不多了 |
[24:58] | Great job. | 很舒服 |
[25:05] | – Hey. – Hey, where are you? | -嘿 -嘿 你在哪里? |
[25:07] | Just pokin’ a bear. | 摸老虎屁股 |
[25:08] | Like you said, it’s the women. | 跟你说过的一样 |
[25:11] | They get everything done. | 女人们把全部工作都干了 |
[25:15] | This case may involve testimony from experts in the field of firearms. | 本案可能涉及枪支领域专家作证 |
[25:19] | Anyone have a problem accepting their opinion? | 有人不愿意接受他们的意见吗? |
[25:23] | My client is a wealthy man. | 我的客户家财丰厚 |
[25:26] | Does anybody think that makes him more likely to be guilty? | 有人认为这会让他更有可能犯罪吗? |
[25:30] | Any video game players here? | 这里谁玩电子游戏吗? |
[25:34] | – What’s your favorite game? – Who has family in the military? | -你最喜欢的游戏是什么? -谁有家人在军队? |
[25:37] | Who has had a negative experience with the police? | 有谁跟警察有过不快的经历? |
[25:41] | You know what drives me crazy? Putting together IKEA furniture. | 你知道什么事情会让我发疯吗? 组装宜家家具 |
[25:44] | Anyone else? | 还有人这样吗? |
[25:45] | Yeah. | 有 |
[25:51] | People thank and excuse jurors 16, nine and 18. | 加州人民感谢16号、9号 和18号陪审员并要求回避 |
[26:07] | I’d like to thank and excuse juror number eight, 13… | 我要感谢8号、13号陪审员… |
[26:13] | and 28. | 和28号 请回避 (回避) |
[26:17] | Three and 35. | 3号和35号 (公诉方回避-8 辩护方回避-5) |
[26:26] | Six, 37, 11, and 40. | 6号、37号、11号和40号 (公诉方余额-2 辩护方余额-1) |
[26:37] | Number five’s a lawyer. | 5号是个律师 |
[26:39] | Lawyers make bad jurors. | 律师们都是糟糕的陪审员 |
[26:40] | Not necessarily. She could be our foreman. | 不一定 她可能会是支持我们的领班 |
[26:44] | Juror number five, what kind of law do you practice? | 5号陪审员 您在哪个法律领域从业? |
[26:48] | Real estate. Mostly transactional. | 房地产 基本上是商业交易案 |
[26:51] | You know once you’re a juror, you can’t wear your lawyer hat. | 您要清楚 一旦您成为陪审员 您就要忘记律师的身份 |
[26:54] | – Would you be able to separate the two? – Of course. | -您能在两者之间转换心态吗? -当然了 |
[26:58] | She likes you, but number ten likes you even more. | 她喜欢你 但10号更喜欢你 |
[27:04] | Have you ever practiced criminal law? | 你有没有接触过刑法? |
[27:06] | No, but I have an interest in it. | 没有 但是我有兴趣 |
[27:09] | What kind of interest? | 什么样的兴趣? |
[27:11] | I read novels. I listen to true crime podcasts. | 我看小说 听真实案例播客 |
[27:15] | I’ve been working on a screenplay. | 我一直在写一个剧本 |
[27:18] | Me and everyone else in LA. | 我和每个洛杉矶人的亲历 (第二任妻子 (5号座位 律师) |
[27:31] | Any more questions, Mr. Haller? | 哈勒先生 你还有问题吗? |
[27:33] | I beg the court’s indulgence for just one moment. | 我请求法庭恕我离席片刻 |
[27:42] | Your Honor, my sincere apologies, but I have an urgent personal matter. | 法官大人 我诚挚地道歉 但我有一件紧急的私事 |
[27:46] | Okay if we take a ten-minute recess? | 我们休息十分钟 您意下如何? |
[27:48] | No more than that. | 不要超时 |
[27:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[27:50] | Jurors, you may take this opportunity to stretch your legs. | 陪审员们 你们可以借这个机会休息一下 |
[27:57] | What the hell was that about? | 搞什么鬼? |
[27:58] | If it works, you’ll see. | 你会看到这招有没有用 (5号座位 律师) |
[28:08] | Back on record on People vs. Elliott. | 加州人民诉埃利奥特案 现在恢复庭审 |
[28:10] | All parties present. Peremptories are with the People. | 请各位就做 现在发言权交给公诉人 |
[28:16] | People would like to thank and excuse juror five, Your Honor. | 加州人民感谢5号陪审员并要求回避 (公诉方回避-9 辩护方回避-9) |
[28:31] | I thought you liked the lawyer. | 我还以为你喜欢那个律师 |
[28:33] | I did. Until I found out she was a frustrated writer | 的确如此 直到我发现她是个失意的作家 |
[28:36] | who wants to turn this into a movie. The last person I want. | 想把这种事拍成电影 我不要这样的人 |
[28:39] | And you didn’t wanna waste your last challenge. | 而且你不想浪费你最后的回避名额 |
[28:41] | Now you’re getting it. | 现在你算是懂了 |
[28:42] | I left my folder open. | 我把文件亮在桌面上 |
[28:44] | Thought maybe Golantz couldn’t resist a little peek. | 我猜也许葛兰兹会忍不住瞥一眼 |
[28:47] | He thought blue meant I wanted her. | 他觉得蓝色是说我想留下她 |
[28:49] | But blue means cold. | 但是蓝色代表冷意 |
[28:51] | You learn that from your dad, too? | 这手也是你从你爸爸那里学来的? |
[28:54] | I told you, you’re in good hands. | 我跟你说过 我会照顾好你的 |
[28:56] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[28:58] | No, Ray, you know exactly what you’re doing. | 不行 雷 你要干的事情你自己心知肚明 |
[29:00] | And you know where it’s gonna lead. | 而且你知道会有什么结果 |
[29:03] | Look, I gotta go. I’ll call you later. | 我得挂了 一会儿打给你 |
[29:05] | Everything all right? | 一切都好吧? |
[29:07] | Yeah, fine. How was day one? | 还可以吧 这第一天怎么样? |
[29:10] | I threw some punches. | 有收获 |
[29:12] | Took some, too. | 也有损失 |
[29:14] | Sure you’re okay? | 你真的还好吗? |
[29:19] | It’s my ex. | 是我前任 |
[29:21] | Exes are complicated. | 前任都是一言难尽 |
[29:24] | Take it from me, I have two of them. | 看看我就知道 我有两个前任 |
[29:27] | She posted photos partying with some people we used to tour with | 她发布了几张照片 跟我们以前一起巡演的几个人开派对 |
[29:30] | which means she’s using again. | 说明她又开始嗑药了 |
[29:32] | There’s an old saying about horses and water. | 牵马到河易 逼马饮水难啊 |
[29:37] | Thing is, | 问题是 |
[29:39] | I’m the one that got her hooked. | 是我害她染上毒瘾的 |
[29:43] | I gotta make it right. | 我得解决这个问题 |
[29:50] | You know these guys? | 你认识这帮人? |
[29:52] | Yeah, give me a second. | 对 我跟他们说句话 |
[29:58] | Counselor. | 律师 |
[30:00] | Could’ve just called, Ted. | 泰迪 你有事打个电话就行了 |
[30:01] | Yeah, well, we happened to be out. | 我们正好出来兜兜风 |
[30:04] | Saw you on TV. Guess you’re back. | 你上电视了 我猜你重操旧业了 |
[30:07] | I guess so. | 我猜也是 |
[30:09] | Good. I got some business for you. | 好 我有笔生意给你做 |
[30:11] | One of our boys needs help. | 我们有个兄弟需要你帮忙 |
[30:13] | Hard Case Casey, some bullshit parole violation. | 硬壳凯西 说什么他违反假释 |
[30:18] | Well, I’m nothing if not a man of my word, Ted. | 我要是不守信用就不是我了 泰迪 |
[30:21] | Call my office, we’ll figure something out. | 给我办公室打电话 咱们想想办法 |
[30:23] | – Will do. – All right. | -我会的 -好 |
[30:24] | Oh. | -我会的 -好 |
[30:26] | Say hi to Cisco for me. | 替我问西斯科好 |
[30:33] | You owe those guys or something? | 你是欠这帮人钱还是怎么了? |
[30:35] | Or something. Come on, let’s go. | 随他们便吧 咱们走吧 |
[30:50] | We’re down to the wire. | 我们到最后一刻了 |
[30:52] | We’ve each got one challenge left. Who do you think they’re gonna cut? | 双方各剩一个回避名额 你觉得他们会裁掉谁? |
[30:56] | Number ten. That’s his best bet. | 10号 那是他最稳当的一手了 |
[30:59] | I might have a way to deal with that. | 我可能有办法对付这个 |
[31:02] | Who should I cut? | 我得裁掉哪个? |
[31:04] | What does your gut tell you? | 你的直觉会选谁? |
[31:05] | Seven or 27. | 7号或者27号 |
[31:08] | Twenty-seven? That’s the Marlboro man. | 27号?那个万宝路牛仔 |
[31:11] | Everything about him screams prosecution, but… | 他一举一动都像对检方有利 但是… |
[31:13] | He’s an independent thinker. | 他是个有主见的人 |
[31:15] | He might not accept the State’s line on the gunshot residue. | 他可能不会接受 检方关于枪击残留物的说法 |
[31:19] | On the other hand, number seven, | 谈到另一个人 7号 |
[31:21] | he is laser-focused. | 他全神贯注 |
[31:22] | Barely moves a muscle. | 几乎一动不动 |
[31:24] | Can’t get a read on him. | 我看不穿他 |
[31:26] | He’s an engineer. That means he’s detail-oriented. | 他是个工程师 所以会专注在细节上 |
[31:29] | A guy like that can see through the State’s case. | 这样的人会把检方的说法 反反复复研究透 |
[31:32] | It’s a tough call. | 真是两难的选择 |
[31:33] | If it were a science, I’d win every hand. | 要是像科学一样非黑即白 我每手牌都会赢 |
[31:36] | To make matters worse, I have to run every choice by my client. | 更糟糕的是 我每个选择都必须客户点头 |
[31:39] | You do have problems. | 你确实面临问题 |
[31:41] | You know, Trevor has a tell, too. | 特雷弗身上也能读出点东西来 |
[31:43] | Lining things up when he’s nervous? | 比如紧张的时候整理东西? |
[31:45] | Yeah, I noticed. | 对 我看到了 |
[31:46] | Not just that, he rubs his legs. | 不止那个 他还搓腿 |
[31:49] | He does it to pacify himself. It can be a sign of deception. | 他这样做是为了安抚自己 这可能是欺骗的标志 |
[31:53] | You owe me dinner for all this. I’ll take anything with a Michelin star. | 我做了这些工作 你欠我一顿晚餐 带米其林星级的就行 |
[31:58] | – It’s a date. – Well, I wouldn’t go that far. | -这是约会 -我可没想那么远 |
[32:01] | Maybe someday. | 也许会有一天吧 |
[32:03] | If you ever get over her. | 你忘记了她之后 (山峦协会约翰缪尔分部) |
[32:58] | Cute. Is this electric? | 真漂亮 是电动车吗? |
[33:12] | A couple of things. | 发现一两件事 |
[33:14] | Number 27 drives a hybrid with a Sierra Club bumper sticker. | 27号开了一辆混合动力车 上面有个山峦协会的贴纸 |
[33:17] | Good. So, he goes his own way. What else? | 所以是个特立独行的人 还有呢? |
[33:20] | Number seven looks like he lives out of his car. | 7号看上去就像是住在他车里一样 |
[33:22] | What kind of engineer makes a mess like that? | 什么样的工程师会那么乱? |
[33:25] | That’s a good question. All right. Thanks. | 这是个好问题 好吧 谢谢 |
[33:31] | What was that about? | 刚在在说什么? |
[33:33] | Our last challenge. | 我们最后回避谁 |
[33:40] | Lorna? | 劳娜? |
[33:43] | It’s Ryan. From first year torts. | 我是瑞安 一年级侵权课上的 |
[33:46] | Southwestern Law? | 还记得西南法学院吗? |
[33:47] | – Right. Ryan. – Yeah. | -对了 瑞安 -是我 |
[33:49] | I’m interning for a firm. | 我在一家公司实习 |
[33:51] | – You? – You know, same. | -你呢? -老样子 |
[33:53] | I gotta ask. | 我得问问 |
[33:54] | Where did you go? You were a rock star in that class. | 你去哪儿了? 你是那个班上的大明星 |
[33:57] | Wheaton used to call on you all the time and then one day you were just gone. | 惠顿经常要你回答问题 然后你突然就不见了 |
[34:03] | I don’t know, um… | 我都想不起来了… |
[34:05] | Work. Stuff. I don’t know. Um… | 工作什么的 我想不起来了 |
[34:10] | It was really good to see you. I have to go. | 见到你真是太好了 我得走了 |
[34:19] | I think we’ve got to cut number seven. There’s something off about him. | 我认为我们得排除7号 他有些不对劲 |
[34:22] | Don’t look at the jury. Look at the grid. | 不要朝陪审团看 看这个网格就行了 (7号 工程师) |
[34:27] | – Seven’s an engineer. I like him. – I did, too. But… | -7号是一名工程师 我喜欢他 -我也喜欢 但是… |
[34:30] | No. He was giving me good eye contact all day. | 不行 他整天跟我的眼神交流都很好 |
[34:32] | Don’t cut him. Cut number ten. I don’t like the way she looks at me. | 不要裁掉他 裁掉10号 我不喜欢她看我的方式 |
[34:36] | Ten? That’s your best juror, Trevor. | 10号? 那是你最好的陪审员 特雷弗 |
[34:39] | Got to try and stop Golantz from cutting her. | 必须尝试阻止葛兰兹裁掉她 |
[34:41] | Mickey. What did I tell you? | 米奇 我跟你说过什么来着? |
[34:45] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[34:49] | You may be seated. | 大家请坐 |
[34:52] | Ladies and gentlemen, I apologize for the late start. | 女士们 先生们 我为没有按时开庭道歉 |
[34:55] | But if we move quickly, we can still finish before lunch. | 但如果我们动作快的话 我们仍然可以在午休前结束 |
[34:58] | Counsel, you ready? | 律师 你准备好了吗? |
[34:59] | The defense has a motion that’s best brought up in chambers. | 辩方有项动议 最好在办公室内提交 |
[35:02] | May we confer? | 谈一下可以吗? |
[35:09] | Your Honor, the defense would like to make a Wheeler motion. | 法官大人 辩方想要做出惠勒动议 |
[35:12] | – I’m sorry, what? – On what grounds? | -对不起 你说什么? -你有什么依据? |
[35:14] | Mr. Golantz has used nine of his challenges, | 葛兰兹先生已经动用了9次回避权 |
[35:17] | seven of which have been on women. | 其中7次是要求女性回避 |
[35:19] | In my view that’s called discrimination. | 在我看来这可以被视为歧视 |
[35:21] | It’s called offensive. I have a valid reason for every juror I’ve cut. | 你这是无端指责 我裁掉每个陪审员都有正当理由 |
[35:24] | I’m sure we would love to hear them. | 我肯定我们很想听听这些理由是什么 |
[35:26] | It doesn’t make sense. Your client is accused of murdering his wife. | 这甚至没有任何意义 你的委托人被指控谋杀了他的妻子 |
[35:30] | – I want all the women I can get. – Then why did you cut so many? | -我想留下所有女陪审员 -那为什么裁掉这么多? |
[35:32] | Mr. Golantz, save it. | 葛兰兹先生 不用多说了 |
[35:35] | You’re reaching here. Motion denied. | 你这有点过分了 动议被否决 |
[35:38] | So much for finishing this morning. We’ll take an early lunch. | 今天早上事情很多 我们还得提前吃午饭 |
[35:42] | You each have one challenge left. Let’s not make this a nail-biter. | 你们各剩一次回避名额 不要再节外生枝 |
[35:47] | – That’s bullshit and you know it. – Then you have nothing to worry about. | -你明知道那是胡说八道 -那你根本就没什么好担心的 |
[35:57] | Dennis Wojciechowski. | 丹尼斯沃伊切霍夫斯基 |
[36:00] | Yeah, I can find you, too. | 对 我也能找到你 |
[36:02] | You threatened my wife? | 你威胁了我老婆? |
[36:06] | Ex-wife. | 前妻 |
[36:08] | And I didn’t threaten her. Just presented her with a couple of facts. | 而且我没威胁她 只是向她展示了一些真相 |
[36:12] | Here’s a fact for you. | 我也有个真相告诉你 |
[36:14] | You come near me or my family again, I break you like a toy. | 你敢再靠近我或我的家人 我会把你像玩具一样打碎 |
[36:18] | Is that a gun? | 那是把枪? |
[36:19] | You don’t wanna find out. | 你最好别拿自己试 |
[36:21] | Stay the fuck away from my wife. | 他妈的离我老婆远点 (孕妇装) |
[36:40] | Tanya Cruz. | 谭雅克鲁兹 |
[36:43] | Detective Lankford, LAPD. | 洛城警局的兰克福德警探 |
[36:44] | This is Maggie McPherson from the DA’s office. | 这位是地区检察署的玛姬麦克弗森 |
[36:48] | What is this about? | 你们这是要干什么? |
[36:49] | It’s about Angelo Soto. | 安杰罗索托的事情 |
[36:52] | Don’t worry. We have eyes on him. He’s waiting for you at home. | 别担心 我们有人盯着他 他正在家里等你呢 |
[36:55] | – What do you want? – Just a minute of your time. | -你们想要什么? -只需要你一分钟的时间 (西部妇产科诊所) |
[36:58] | Only one reason a man goes to the gynecologist with you. | 一个男人陪你去看妇科医生的原因 只有一个 |
[37:01] | How many months pregnant are you? | 你怀孕多久了? |
[37:05] | Three months. I have to go now. He’s waiting. | 三个月 我得走了 他在等我回家 |
[37:09] | Are you aware your name is on several of his bank accounts? | 你知道他的几个银行账户上 有你的名字吗? |
[37:13] | I… | 我… |
[37:14] | He had me sign some papers. | 他要我签过一些文件 |
[37:17] | That’s how guys like him operate. | 像他这样的人就是这样操作的 |
[37:18] | They insulate themselves so someone else takes the fall. | 他们用别人把自己隔离起来 这样出事了可以推得一干二净 |
[37:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[37:23] | Okay. Well, let me be clear. | 好吧 那我直说 |
[37:25] | Soto’s gonna go down, | 索托要完蛋了 |
[37:26] | if you’re part of the paper trail, you’re going down with him. | 要是你在纸面上跟他绑定了 你就跟他一起倒霉 |
[37:29] | Give birth to your baby in jail. They’ll take it away from you. | 在监狱里生下你的孩子 他们会立刻从你身边拿走 |
[37:32] | Please. I don’t know anything about his business. | 求你们了 我对他的生意一无所知 |
[37:34] | For your sake, I hope you’re wrong. | 为了你好 我希望你是错的 |
[37:37] | You’re gonna need a lawyer. | 你需要一个律师 |
[37:39] | You can’t trust his. | 不能信任他的 |
[37:40] | Say anything to anyone, you’re dead. You know that, right? | 对任何人说一个字 你就死定了 这个你明白吧? |
[37:45] | You’re gonna need someone you can trust. | 你需要一个你可以信任的人 |
[37:47] | Trust him. | 这个人可以信任 (小迈克尔哈勒律师事务所) |
[38:06] | Mr. Golantz. | 葛兰兹先生 |
[38:15] | People would like to thank and excuse juror 27, Your Honor. | 加州人民感谢27号陪审员 并要求回避 |
[38:23] | You said he was gonna cut number ten. | 你说过他要裁掉10号的 |
[38:25] | I said I’d keep that from happening and I did. | 我说我会阻止这种情况发生 而且我做到了 |
[38:29] | Counsel, approach, please. | 律师 请上前说话 |
[38:46] | What? | 什么? |
[38:49] | Juror ten just spoke to the clerk. | 10号陪审员刚跟法庭的人谈过 |
[38:50] | She thought you were following her in the parking lot at lunch. | 她认为你午餐时在停车场跟踪了她 |
[38:54] | What? | 什么? |
[38:56] | – That’s ridiculous. – Were you trying to intimidate a juror? | -这太荒谬了 -你是想恐吓陪审员吗? |
[38:59] | No. | 没有 |
[39:02] | I was trying to find my car. | 我就是在找我的车 |
[39:05] | The one you made me drive. | 就是你要我开的那辆 |
[39:07] | The Prius. | 那辆普锐斯 你知道洛杉矶有多少辆普锐斯吗? |
[39:08] | Do you have any idea how many Priuses are in Los Angeles? | 那辆普锐斯 你知道洛杉矶有多少辆普锐斯吗? |
[39:12] | Is the judge gonna cut her? | 法官会裁掉她吗? |
[39:14] | There’s not enough evidence you did anything wrong. | 没有足够的证据证明你做错了什么 |
[39:17] | There, see? | 看见没? |
[39:18] | That doesn’t change the fact she still thinks you did. | 这并不能改变 她仍然认为你跟踪了她的事实 |
[39:21] | So now I have to kick her, | 所以我得裁掉她 |
[39:23] | with my last challenge. | 用我自己的最后一次机会 |
[39:28] | Mr. Haller? | 哈勒先生? |
[39:29] | The defense would like to thank and excuse juror number ten. | 辩方感谢10号陪审员并要求回避 |
[39:36] | I didn’t do it on purpose. | 我不是故意的 |
[39:38] | I hope not, Trevor. | 特雷弗 我希望你不是 |
[39:39] | With you, I never really know. | 你这人我永远都说不清楚 |
[39:46] | And with that, we have our jury. | 既然这样 我们的陪审团就确定了 |
[39:48] | Ladies and gentlemen, thank you. | 女士们 先生们 谢谢你们 |
[39:50] | We’ll see you Monday morning. | 我们周一早上见 |
[39:57] | Truth is, you can never really know for sure | 事实是 你永远无法确定 |
[39:59] | if you picked the right jury or not. | 你是否选择了正确的陪审团 |
[40:01] | That’s why they call them the Gods of Guilt. | 这就是为什么他们被称为罪恶之神 |
[40:04] | All you can do is pray to them. | 你能做的只有向他们祈祷 |
[40:18] | I’ll break you like a toy. | 我会把你像玩具一样打碎 |
[40:20] | Is that a gun? | 那是把枪? |
[40:21] | You don’t wanna find out. | 那是把枪? 你最好别拿自己试 |
[40:24] | Stay the fuck away from my wife. | 他妈的离我老婆远点 |
[40:35] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嘿 -嘿 |
[40:37] | I was on my way home. I figured I’d check on Hayley. | 我正在回家的路上 想过来看看海莉 |
[40:40] | She’s online with some friends. I’d leave her be. | 她正在网上跟几个朋友们玩 我会让她自己待会儿 |
[40:44] | I figured I’d check on you too. | 我还想来看看你 |
[40:48] | – You don’t have to do this, Haller. – Do what? | -你不用这样做的 哈勒 -做什么? |
[40:54] | I’m sorry I haven’t called you back. | 对不起 我没有给你回电话 |
[40:57] | Rough couple of days. | 这几天事情很棘手 |
[40:59] | And the other night I was upset, obviously, | 很明显那天晚上我很难过 |
[41:04] | and things went somewhere they shouldn’t have, and… | 发生了意外的事情 还有… |
[41:08] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:09] | Whoever that was, that was not me. | 不管那个是谁 都不是我 |
[41:14] | No, that was you. | 不对 那就是你 |
[41:16] | I mean, it smelled like you. | 就是你的味道 |
[41:18] | It felt like you. | 就是你的感觉 米奇 |
[41:19] | Mickey. | 就是你的感觉 米奇 |
[41:22] | Can we agree it’s good you left when you did? | 我们可以同意你离开的时候很好吗? |
[41:25] | Yeah. Good. We’re both glad I left, so. | 对 很好 我们两个都很开心我走了 |
[41:32] | What are you doing here? Don’t you have jury selection? | 你在这里做什么? 你不是有场陪审团遴选吗? |
[41:35] | No, we finished today. | 没有了 今天结束了 |
[41:36] | Besides I can walk and chew gum at the same time. | 还有 我可以一边走路一边嚼口香糖 |
[41:39] | Gum? Is that what I am? | 口香糖?我就是口香糖? |
[41:42] | Very tasty gum? | 口味很好 对吧? |
[41:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:46] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[41:47] | I actually have a favor I need for my case. | 其实我的案子需要你帮个忙 |
[41:50] | Anything. | 随时效劳 |
[41:51] | I don’t have time to talk about it tonight, | 我今晚没时间跟你讲 |
[41:54] | but I’ll call you tomorrow? | 明天给你打电话说好吗? |
[41:56] | The things I do for you, McFierce. | 麦克火神 悉听尊便 |
[42:24] | – Counselor. – Jesus. | -律师 -老天爷 |
[42:26] | You scared the hell out of me. Couldn’t this wait until morning? | 你吓死我了 不能等到早上吗? |
[42:30] | Sorry, but that missing money of Jerry’s you mentioned? | 对不起 但是你不是提过 杰瑞账户里有笔钱不见了? |
[42:34] | I checked it with his bank. | 我跟他的银行查过了 |
[42:36] | He took out 150 grand, in cash. | 他提取了十五万 全是现金 |
[42:40] | Told the banker it was to buy a boat. | 告诉银行的人是要买一条船 |
[42:42] | I’ve checked every marina from here to San Diego. | 我检查了这里到圣地亚哥的每个码头 |
[42:44] | There is no boat. | 根本没有什么船 |
[42:46] | Not one registered to Jerry anyway. | 反正杰瑞名下没有船 |
[42:50] | So, what are you thinking? | 这个你有什么看法? |
[42:52] | After Bruce Carlin’s death, | 布鲁斯卡林死后 |
[42:53] | Riverside PD searched his place and found a burner phone he used. | 里弗赛德警察局搜查了他的住处 发现了他用过一次性手机 |
[42:57] | – Great. – Don’t get too excited. | -好极了 -先别激动 |
[42:59] | Carlin was careful. There’s nothing explicit. | 卡林很小心 没有什么明确的信息 |
[43:02] | But the messages show he made a delivery to somebody | 但消息显示 在杰瑞取出那笔现金的同一天 |
[43:06] | the same day Jerry took out all that cash. | 他给某个人送了些货 |
[43:09] | What kind of delivery? | 送的什么货? |
[43:10] | No idea. But we’ve got missing money. | 不知道 但是钱不知去向 |
[43:13] | We’ve got mystery calls from the Feds. | 联邦调查局打来了神秘电话 |
[43:15] | And the Elliott case is the biggest one you inherited, right? | 而埃利奥特的案子 是你继承的最大的案子 对吧? |
[43:19] | The biggest case of Jerry’s career? | 也是杰瑞入行后最大的案子 对吧? |
[43:22] | Lot of pressure to beat a high-profile murder like that. | 代理这样一场 备受瞩目的谋杀案官司 压力很大 |
[43:24] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 对啊 这个我可以好好聊聊 |
[43:26] | All right, so? | 好吧 所以呢? |
[43:29] | What if the money was for a bribe? | 如果这笔钱是用来贿赂的呢? (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |