时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You never know if you picked the right jury or not. | 你永远无法确定 你是否选择了正确的陪审团 |
[00:09] | That’s why they call them the Gods of Guilt. | 这就是为什么他们被称为罪恶之神 |
[00:11] | Let me be clear. No jury consultant. | 我来把话说清楚 用不着陪审员顾问 |
[00:15] | You think there’s a chance Elliott might be innocent? | 你觉得有没有可能 埃利奥特真是无辜的? |
[00:18] | He says he is. In my business that would be what we call a unicorn. | 他说他是 在我们这行 这种情况叫做独角兽 |
[00:21] | – You ever have one before? – Yeah. | -你碰上过吗? -有过 |
[00:23] | – A guy named Jesús Menendez. – Your lead witness is dead. | -有个叫热苏斯梅内德斯的家伙 -你的首席证人死了 |
[00:27] | Angelo Soto had him killed. | 安吉洛索托让人杀了他 |
[00:29] | Without your witness, the case falls apart. | 缺了你手上这个证人 这个案子没有胜算 |
[00:32] | Tanya Cruz, 26. | 谭雅克鲁兹 26岁 |
[00:34] | If we turn her, maybe she gives us the shooter. | 如果她肯合作 也许我们就能找到致命一击 |
[00:36] | You’ll need a lawyer. Trust him. | 你需要一个律师 这个人可以信任 |
[00:41] | I’m sorry. Whoever that was, that was not me. | 对不起 不管那个是谁 都不是我 |
[00:45] | – It felt like you. – Mickey. | -就是你的感觉 -米奇 |
[00:47] | How will you talk about your cases in a bugged car? | 你怎么在一辆装了窃听器的汽车上 讨论你的案子? |
[00:50] | If we take it out, whoever planted it will know we’re on to them. | 如果我们拆了 防窃听器的人 就会知道我们发现了他们 |
[00:53] | You know, I left a motorcycle club to work for you, | 我是辞了一份摩托车俱乐部的工作 再来为你打工的 |
[00:56] | and somehow my life’s gotten even crazier. | 不知为什么我的生活变得更疯狂了 |
[00:59] | One of our boys needs help. Hard Case Casey. | 我们有个兄弟需要你帮忙 硬壳凯西 |
[01:02] | Say hi to Cisco for me. | 替我问西斯科好 |
[01:05] | We’ve got missing money. We’ve got mystery calls from the Feds. | 钱不知去向 联邦调查局打来了神秘电话 |
[01:09] | Lot of pressure to beat a high-profile murder like that. | 代理这样一场 备受瞩目的谋杀案官司 压力很大 |
[01:11] | What if the money was for a bribe? | 如果这笔钱是用来贿赂的呢? NETFLIX 剧集 |
[01:34] | – Haller, hey. – All right. Yes. | -哈勒 嘿 -好吧 说两句 |
[01:38] | – How’re you feeling, Mickey? – Confident. | -米奇 感觉如何? -我有信心 |
[01:39] | LAPD got the wrong man. Anyone can see that. | 人人都能看得出来 洛城警局抓错了人 |
[01:42] | – Even you, Connelly. – You’re sure you’re gonna win? | -连你都能看出来 康奈利 -你确定能胜诉? |
[01:45] | Here’s what I’m sure of. Devin Jones is innocent. | 我能确定的是 德文琼斯是无辜的 |
[01:48] | Whatever else you guys print, print that. Excuse me, fellas. | 不管你们几家报纸想报道什么 这一点要写清楚 失陪了 伙计们 |
[01:55] | Hey, kiddo. What did you think of your old man in there, huh? | 嘿 小子 你觉得你老爸在里面表现如何? |
[01:58] | You’re so good. | 真棒 |
[02:00] | Miguelito, I have to make a phone call. Stay with your papa, okay? | 米奇 我得去打个电话 跟你爸爸待会儿 好吗? |
[02:04] | – Okay, Mom. – Elena. | -好 妈妈 -埃琳娜 |
[02:08] | I hope you got the part. | 我希望你看到了刚才那一段 |
[02:17] | I wish you and your mom didn’t have to go back so soon. | 我希望你和你妈妈不用这么快回去 |
[02:20] | Your visits go by so fast. | 你们每次来都是匆匆忙忙的 |
[02:23] | But I’m glad you got to see this. | 但我很高兴你能看看这样的场面 |
[02:26] | – This one was important. – Why? | -这起案子很重要 -为什么? |
[02:31] | Eh, because most of my clients have money. | 因为我的大多数客户是有钱人 |
[02:34] | You know, money makes people think they can do anything and get away with it. | 钱会让人觉得 他们可以为所欲为而不受惩罚 |
[02:40] | This one was different. | 这个人不一样 |
[02:41] | He didn’t do it. And I took his case for free | 他不是作案人 所以我免费为他辩护 |
[02:46] | because it was the right thing to do. | 因为这是伸张正义 |
[02:49] | You understand? | 你明白吗? |
[02:51] | But that also makes it one of the hardest cases I’ve ever had. | 但这也使这个案子成为 我经手过的案子里最难的几个之一 |
[02:56] | You should go talk to him. | 你得过去跟他聊几句 |
[02:58] | Okay, Legal. | 好的 里戈 |
[03:00] | Be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[03:08] | I got something for you. | 我给你带了一件东西 |
[03:13] | They don’t allow cameras in the courtroom. | 法庭里禁止拍摄 |
[03:16] | So this is what they put on the evening news. | 所以晚间新闻会放这个 |
[03:19] | They put these on TV? | 这会上电视? |
[03:22] | You keep that. Anybody asks you who it is, | 这个你留着 如果有人问你这人是谁 |
[03:26] | you tell ’em it’s the best damn lawyer in LA. | 你就告诉他们 这是洛杉矶最牛的律师 |
[03:31] | Look at you, making the front page. | (更换辩护律师之后 游戏设计师准备就谋杀案受审) 看看啊 你上头版了 |
[03:36] | – Your old man would be proud. – He lived on the front page. | -你家老爷子会很自豪的 -他可是头版的常客 |
[03:40] | How’s your defense? | 辩护准备得怎么样? |
[03:43] | Thin. | 凑合 |
[03:44] | You think you’re the first lawyer to go in with a flimsy case? | 你觉得自己是头一个 接下胜算不大的案件的律师? |
[03:48] | – Your father and I thrived on it. – I got a lot riding on this one, Legal. | -我和你爸很擅长这种案子 -我有很多事都指望这个案子 里戈 |
[03:53] | – Been out of the game for a year. – You’re looking for a pep talk? | -我一年没开张了 -你想听几句鼓气的话吗? |
[03:57] | “If you got the facts, pound the facts. If you have the law, pound the law.” | “有证据就拍证据 有法条就拍法条 |
[04:00] | “And if you don’t have either one, | 要是什么都没有 |
[04:02] | – pound the table.” – “Pound the table.” | -直接拍桌子” -“直接拍桌子” |
[04:04] | Yeah, I’ve heard that one. | 对啊 这个我听过 |
[04:08] | I think Jerry Vincent may have paid a bribe. | 我认为杰瑞文森特可能行贿了 |
[04:10] | – To who? – I don’t know yet. | -向谁行贿? -我还不知道 |
[04:12] | I don’t know if it’s true. But there’s money missing. Couple of months now. | 我不知道这是不是真的 但是钱不见了 有几个月了 |
[04:16] | There is only three people it could be, right? | 可能受贿的应该只会有三个人吧? |
[04:19] | The judge, a juror or maybe the prosecutor. | 法官、陪审员或者检察官 |
[04:22] | No. This DA, Golantz, he’d run over his own mother to win a case. | 不可能是检察官 葛兰兹为了胜诉 连自己的妈都能搭上 |
[04:27] | – He comes from money too. – Well, you just picked a jury. | -他干这行不是为了钱 -陪审团也是你们刚刚挑好的 |
[04:31] | You said this money’s been missing for a couple of months. | 刚才你说这笔钱已经失踪了几个月了 |
[04:34] | Yep. | 对 |
[04:35] | So you may have the judge in your pocket. | 那你可能是把法官搞定了 |
[04:38] | Well, I don’t have anybody in my pocket. I didn’t do anything. | 我谁都没搞定 我自己什么都没干 |
[04:41] | Exactly. Now I know why you wanted to talk to me. | 没错 现在我知道 你为什么要找我聊聊了 |
[04:45] | You wanna know what he would do. | 你想知道他会怎么办 |
[04:49] | So? | 所以呢? |
[04:50] | If your dad inherited a case from a lawyer and then found out that he paid a bribe, | 要是你爸从别的律师手里继承了案子 然后发现他行过贿 |
[04:56] | he wouldn’t do a damn thing. He’d take it as a sign from God. | 他什么都不会做的 他会认为这是来自上帝的标志 |
[05:01] | Anybody else know about this? | 有别人知道这件事吗? |
[05:03] | Yeah, the cop investigating Jerry’s murder. | 有 调查杰瑞谋杀案的警察知道 |
[05:06] | – The one who put me onto it. – What about your client? | -他们想让我参与破案 -你的客户呢? |
[05:09] | I haven’t asked him. There’s just… There is no proof. It’s only a theory. | 我没问过他 这件事… 这件事没有证据 只有假设 |
[05:13] | Then go prepare your case. | 那你就继续准备辩护 |
[05:15] | And don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to. | 你不想得到答案的问题 干脆就不要问 (第一任妻子) |
[05:24] | First wife? You got to take that one. | 第一任妻子?这个电话你得接 |
[05:27] | I speak from experience. | 这个我有经验 |
[05:29] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[05:45] | Take the gun. We might need it. | 把枪捡上 我们可能会用得上 |
[05:53] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[05:55] | Hello, amor. | 你好啊 小可爱 |
[05:57] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:59] | Is that… | 这个是… |
[06:03] | Yeah. Everyone’s still playing it, even though… | 对 大家还在玩 虽然… |
[06:06] | Well… you know. | 你都明白的 |
[06:11] | Did Mom call you? | 是妈妈叫你来的吧? |
[06:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:14] | She said you didn’t go to school. | 她说你没去上学 |
[06:19] | Don’t you have a trial? | 你不是去出庭了吗? |
[06:23] | Starts Monday. | 周一才开始 |
[06:25] | Look, Hayley, I, uh… | 听着 海莉 我… |
[06:28] | I know what you saw the other day. | 我知道你那天看到了什么 |
[06:31] | It’s a lot for anyone. | 无论是谁都会觉得沉重 |
[06:33] | Wanna talk about it? | 想谈谈吗? |
[06:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:40] | If you ever do, you know, I’m here for you. | 如果你想谈的话 我等着你 |
[06:45] | Can I ask you something? The person who killed Mom’s witness… | 我能问你件事吗? 杀死妈妈证人的那个人… |
[06:48] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[06:49] | Would you represent them? | 你会为那种人辩护吗? |
[06:51] | Everyone deserves a defense, Hayley. | 海莉 人人都有辩护的自由 |
[06:54] | But would you defend them? Knowing what they did? | 但是你会为他们辩护吗? 明明知道他们干了什么的话? |
[06:59] | It’s more complicated than just yes or no, Hayley. | 海莉 这比简单的会或不会更复杂 |
[07:03] | – Why? – Because you know why. | -为什么? -因为你知道原因 |
[07:04] | We’ve talked about this. | 这个问题我们讨论过 |
[07:05] | No. I know what you tell me about your dad and about innocent until proven guilty. | 没有 我知道你讲过的爷爷的事情 还有人在被证明有罪之前是无辜的 |
[07:11] | But what about you? | 但是你会怎么做呢? |
[07:13] | Okay? Where do you draw the line? | 明白吗?你的底线在哪里? |
[07:16] | I mean, do you have a line? | 你有底线吗? |
[07:18] | Yes. I have a line. I… | 我有底线 我… |
[07:21] | For example, I don’t represent people who hurt kids. All right? | 举个例子 我不会代理伤害孩子的人 明白吗? |
[07:28] | That’s good, I guess. | 我看还可以吧 |
[07:32] | Yeah, come on. Hayley. | 别这样 海莉 |
[07:39] | – Can’t get her to open up for ya? – No, not exactly. | -没办法让她好好跟你说话吧? -没办法 也不全是 |
[07:42] | Sometimes you just need to take a day. | 有时候就是要休息一天吧 |
[07:44] | Mmm. | |
[07:46] | So, uh, you had a favor you wanted to ask me? | 对了 你有个忙要我帮? |
[07:49] | Yeah, it’s a cooperating witness. | 对 我有个合作证人 |
[07:52] | She needs someone to negotiate her CI deal. | 她需要人帮她谈判机密线人交易 |
[07:55] | Yeah. Sure. After my trial. No problem. | 当然可以 我庭审结束之后吧 没问题 |
[07:57] | Well, thing is I need it now. | 问题是我现在就需要她 |
[08:00] | Now? Come on, Maggie. I’m like… | 现在?搞什么鬼 玛姬我现在像是… |
[08:02] | This is the guy who killed my witness. | 这个背后是杀了我证人的那个家伙 |
[08:05] | And Janelle is threatening to pull the plug on the whole thing. | 而且珍妮在威胁我 整个案子都要撤掉 |
[08:08] | I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important. | 要是不重要我就不开口问你了 |
[08:11] | All right, Mag. All right. I need something too. | 好吧 玛姬 我也有事要求你 |
[08:14] | Can you bring Hayley to court on Monday? To see my opening? | 星期一你能带海莉去法庭吗? 我想让她看我的庭审开场 |
[08:17] | It’s a murder trial. After what she just saw? | 这可是一起谋杀案 在她刚受到刺激之后? |
[08:19] | Just my opening. I promise you. No gore, no blood. | 只看我开场的部分 我保证她不会看到血腥的场面 |
[08:22] | – You won’t be nervous having her there? – Absolutely, yes. | -有她在你不会紧张吗? -绝对会紧张 |
[08:26] | I’m thinking a few nerves might do me some good, you know? | 我在想一些紧张可能对我有好处 |
[08:32] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -那好吧 -谢谢 |
[08:34] | Oh, and your witness already called me. I’m seeing her tomorrow. | 其实你的证人已经打电话给我了 我明天见她 |
[08:38] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[08:39] | Robert Cardone wants you to think he’s a reformer. | 混蛋 罗伯特卡多内想让你认为 他是个改革者 那都是作秀 |
[08:43] | Speak of the devil. | 刚才正好提到这茬 |
[08:44] | During his tenure as head of the Conviction Review Unit, | 他担任定罪审查组组长期间 |
[08:47] | LA saw the most officer involved incidents in history. | 是洛杉矶历史上 警察指控案最多的时期 |
[08:50] | Don’t be fooled by Robert Cardone. He’s wrong for District Attorney. | 不要被罗伯特卡多尼愚弄了 他不会胜任地方检察官 |
[08:54] | Wrong for Los Angeles. | 他会令洛杉矶蒙受损失 |
[08:55] | I’m Janelle Simmons, and I approve this message. | 我是珍妮西蒙斯 我同意这则消息 |
[08:58] | Remind me never to run for DA. | 提醒我永远都不要竞争地方检察官 |
[09:01] | You’d do a lot better than any of ’em. | 你会比他们中的任何一个都做得更好 |
[09:02] | She’s having her fundraiser tomorrow. Asked me to introduce her. | 她明天要举行筹款活动 还让我介绍她出场 |
[09:06] | – This I gotta see. – No. You really don’t. | -这个我得看看 -不用 你真的不用去 |
[09:08] | – No, I really do. – Seriously? You wanna come? | -不行 我真要去 -真的?你想参加? |
[09:11] | Yeah. | 对 没想到我还能让人为了这个掏腰包 |
[09:12] | I didn’t think I could get anyone to buy tickets. | 对 没想到我还能让人为了这个掏腰包 |
[09:15] | We could hammer out cooperation agreement? Two birds? | 我们正好可以敲定合作协议吧? 这不是一举两得吗? |
[09:18] | How can I refuse that invitation? I’ll see you in there, McFierce. | 这邀请我怎么能拒绝? 麦克火神 我们到时候见 |
[09:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:30] | Tunnel vision. | 一叶障目 |
[09:33] | That’s our story. Target wasn’t Lara Elliott. | 这就是我们要讲的故事 目标不是拉拉埃利奥特 |
[09:35] | It was her boyfriend who was killed by another jealous husband, Anton Shavar. | 是她的情人被另一位怒火中烧的丈夫 安东史瓦尔杀掉了 |
[09:40] | Dangerous, violent man and the cops never looked into him. | 那是个危险而暴力的男人 可警察从来没有调查过他 |
[09:43] | Supporting this story, no murder weapon was found. | 支持这个故事的证据是 没有找到凶器 |
[09:47] | But Trevor Elliott had gunshot residue on his hands. | 但特雷弗埃利奥特的手上 有枪弹残留物 |
[09:50] | I have a plan. Lorna, call Tony Walsh. | 我有应对 劳娜 你给托尼沃尔什打个电话 |
[09:52] | Invite him to the fundraiser, you guys should come too. It’s on me. | 邀请他参加筹款活动 你们也来吧 门票钱我出了 |
[09:55] | – Mickey… – Gotta spend money to make money. | -米奇 -要发财得下本钱 |
[09:58] | Now, there was a woman quoted in the paper. | 报纸上引用了一个女人的话 |
[10:01] | Sonia Patel, old friend of Lara. | 索尼娅帕特尔 拉拉的老朋友 |
[10:03] | Yeah, I saw that but it said she hadn’t seen Lara in years. | 对 我读过了 但上面说她好几年都没见过拉拉了 |
[10:06] | According to Lara’s cell phone log, | 根据拉拉的手机记录 |
[10:08] | she called Sonia two days before the murder. | 她在命案两天前给索尼娅打过电话 |
[10:11] | You think she knew something? | 你觉得她知道些什么? |
[10:12] | I don’t know. But what if we had tunnel vision? | 我不知道 但如果我们是一叶障目呢? |
[10:15] | What if Lara Elliott had enemies? | 如果拉拉埃利奥特有仇人呢? |
[10:17] | Sonia Patel. She’s a software engineer at Chaos Games in Culver City. | 索尼娅帕特尔是个软件工程师 在卡尔弗城混沌游戏公司工作 |
[10:23] | – I’ll run her down. – No, I’ll take care of that. | -我会去查查她 -不用了 我来处理 |
[10:27] | Something else I need from you two. | 我需要你们两个处理点别的事情 |
[10:29] | Well, what’s that? | 什么? |
[10:31] | I’m worried Jerry may have paid a bribe. | 我担心杰瑞可能行过贿 |
[10:33] | And my best guess, it went to Judge Stanton. | 我猜最有可能是斯丹顿法官 |
[10:37] | What? | 什么? 我们知道那十万美元 是什么时候从杰瑞的账户提走的 |
[10:38] | We know when that 100 grand left Jerry’s account. | 什么? 我们知道那十万美元 是什么时候从杰瑞的账户提走的 |
[10:41] | I need you to find out if it went to Stanton. | 我需要你们查明 这笔钱是不是去了斯坦顿那里 |
[10:43] | You’re talking about looking into a judge. | 你这是要调查一位法官 |
[10:45] | I know. Which is why I’m trusting you to be really careful with this. | 我知道 所以我相信你们会非常小心 |
[10:49] | He’s an elected official. Most of his financial information’s public. | 他是民选官员 大部分财务信息都是公开的 |
[10:53] | Great. Get on it. Anything else? | 好极了 那就开始吧 还有别的事情吗? |
[10:55] | Yes. Uh, you have your case status update at 11:00 with Judge Holder. | 有 你11点得向霍德尔法官 更新你的案件状态 |
[11:00] | – 11:00? Lorna, it… – I’m sorry. | -11点?劳娜 这都… -抱歉 |
[11:02] | I would have told you sooner, but you threw me with this skulduggery. | 我本来可以早点告诉你的 但是你突然说起这种见不得人的事情 |
[11:08] | Your Honor, you wanted to see me? | 法官大人 您要见我? |
[11:10] | I did. Have a seat, Mr. Haller, and please take out your checkbook. | 的确如此 请坐吧 哈勒先生 还有请准备好你的支票本 |
[11:14] | My checkbook? | 我的支票本? |
[11:16] | You’re ten minutes late. | 你迟到了10分钟 |
[11:18] | I can hold you in contempt, | 我可以判你藐视法官 |
[11:20] | or you can make a contribution to the charity of your choice. | 或者你可以选一家慈善组织 做笔捐款 |
[11:23] | It’s up to you. I leave a list of my favorites on the desk. | 捐给谁由你决定 我桌子上列出了我最喜欢的几家 (慈善组织) |
[11:27] | Right, Your Honor. I’m sorry, but I don’t have my checkbook on me. | 我明白了 法官大人 很抱歉我的支票本没有带在身上 |
[11:33] | I’ll have my office send something over. | 我会让我的办公室处理捐款的事 |
[11:35] | Very well. I’ll leave the amount up to you, of course. | 很好 捐款数额当然要你自己决定 |
[11:40] | So… With the Elliott trial set to begin on Monday, I just wanted to check in. | 那么…埃利奥特的案子周一开庭 我就是想了解一下准备情况 |
[11:45] | I’ve appreciated the email updates on Jerry Vincent’s other clients. | 杰瑞文森特其他客户动态的电子邮件 我已经表示过了谢意 |
[11:49] | It seems you’ve had your hands full. | 看来你已经忙得不可开交了 |
[11:51] | Oh, yeah, but I promise no one is being neglected. | 是的 但我保证没有人会被怠慢 |
[11:55] | I’m just happy to be back to work. | 我很高兴回到工作岗位 |
[11:57] | Good. | 好 |
[11:59] | Everyone is still in shock over Mr. Vincent’s murder. | 对于文森特先生的谋杀案 大家仍然感到震惊 |
[12:03] | You know, my husband knew him a little. Mitch Lester? | 我丈夫米奇莱斯特跟他有过一面之交 你认识他吗? |
[12:07] | He’s a defense attorney also. | 他也是个辩护律师 |
[12:09] | He was at a memorial for Mr. Vincent this past week. | 上周他参加了文森特先生的追思会 |
[12:14] | – Oh, and he saw me there. – It’s not just my concern. | -而且他在那里还看到了我 -这不仅是我自己的担心 |
[12:18] | The State Bar is aware of your situation. | 州律师协会了解你的情况 |
[12:20] | I didn’t fall off the wagon, if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果您要问我这个的话 我没有喝过酒 |
[12:23] | I’ve been going to meetings. I have paperwork. I can bring… | 我一直忙着开会 有文书工作 我可以… |
[12:26] | Oh, no, that won’t be necessary. | 不用了 那倒没有必要 |
[12:28] | I’ve had family members with these issues, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 我的家人也出过这些问题 |
[12:31] | My father lived with it his whole life. | 我父亲一生都深受其苦 |
[12:34] | I just wanna make sure there isn’t a problem that I could help with. | 我只是想确保 没有什么问题严重到需要我介入 |
[12:37] | No, I appreciate that, Judge. But no, there’s no problem. | 没问题 我很感激您的关心 法官 但是确实没有问题 |
[12:41] | Very well. Then we’re done here. Thank you for keeping me abreast. | 很好 那我们可以到此为止 谢谢你让我了解到最新情况 |
[12:47] | It’s okay. | 不客气 |
[12:48] | And, Mr. Haller… | 还有 哈勒先生 |
[12:51] | I wish you luck with the trial next week. | 我祝你下周庭审好运 |
[12:56] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[13:01] | Get off there, you… Jeez. | 你快下去…天啊 (周二 8号 下午3点:哈罗德凯西) |
[13:13] | I got those records on Judge Stanton. | 我找到了一些斯坦顿法官的记录 |
[13:15] | What’s Harold Casey doing in Mickey’s calendar? | 哈罗德凯西怎么会在米奇的日历上? |
[13:18] | No idea. Why? | 不知道 怎么了? |
[13:20] | Ugh. | |
[13:22] | He’s a guy I used to roll with when I was in the Road Saints. | 我还在马路圣徒时 经常一起跟他混在一起 |
[13:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | Um, should I be concerned? | 我应该担心吗? |
[13:33] | That’s ancient history. | 很久以前的事情了 |
[13:37] | – What are we looking at? – Continental Café. It’s Mid-City. | -我们要看什么? -欧陆咖啡厅 在市中心 |
[13:40] | It’s very chi-chi. | 精致得有点过头 |
[13:41] | Judge Stanton’s name is on the lease and it closed down a year ago. | 斯丹顿法官的名字在租约上 可这地方一年前关门了 |
[13:46] | Huh. He was an investor? | 他是投资人? |
[13:48] | Not exactly. Here he is at the opening with the head chef. | 不完全是 这照片是他跟主厨一起出席开幕式 |
[13:52] | And here they are exchanging vows. | 这张是他们互致誓词 |
[13:53] | Aw. | |
[13:55] | So Stanton invested in his husband’s restaurant. | 也就是说斯坦顿投资了他丈夫的餐馆 |
[13:59] | It closes down. That could put him in debt. | 它倒闭了 可能会让他背上债务 |
[14:02] | Yes, but it reopened two months ago. Modern Muse Bistro. | 对 但它两个月前又开业了 这次叫现代缪斯小酒馆 |
[14:09] | – Is Stanton still an owner? – Why don’t we find out tomorrow? | -还是斯丹顿的生意吗? -咱们明天去查一下不就知道了? |
[14:13] | I booked us a reservation for a food tasting. | 我为咱们两个人预订了菜单品尝 |
[14:15] | Only, as a couple scouting for a wedding venue. | 还打着寻找婚礼场地的夫妇的旗号 |
[14:18] | And that is just brilliant. | 这真是一招妙棋 |
[14:23] | May I never cease to amaze you. | 愿我永远都能给你惊喜 |
[14:30] | – Sonia Patel? – Yeah? | -索尼娅帕特尔? -有事吗? |
[14:34] | My name is Mickey Haller. I’m an attorney. I represent… | 我叫米奇哈勒 是个律师 我代理… |
[14:37] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是什么人 |
[14:40] | May I sit down? | 能坐下说话吗? |
[14:42] | Just need two minutes of your time, please? | 只占用你两分钟的时间 好吗? |
[14:46] | Two minutes. Starting now. | 就两分钟 现在开始 |
[14:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:50] | So I’m just… I’m trying to gather some information about Lara Elliott. | 我在…我正在想办法 收集一些关于拉拉埃利奥特的信息 |
[14:55] | And you saw my name in the paper. | 而且你在报纸上看到了我的名字 |
[14:58] | Like I told the reporter, | 就像我告诉记者的那样 |
[15:00] | Lara and I were close back when she worked at Chaos Games, | 拉拉和我在混沌游戏公司共事时 关系很亲密 |
[15:03] | but that was years ago. | 但那是几年前的事情了 |
[15:06] | She was… such a brilliant coder. | 她是个…如此出色的代码工程师 |
[15:11] | Can I ask you why you two lost touch? | 我能问问为什么你们不再来往了吗? |
[15:14] | If I had to guess, I’d say it was Trevor. He was controlling. | 非要我猜的话 我觉得是特雷弗 他是个控制狂 |
[15:19] | I never knew what she saw in him. | 我从来不知道拉拉看上他哪一点 |
[15:21] | Her phone records indicate she placed a call to your cell | 她的电话记录显示 她给你的手机打过电话 |
[15:25] | two days before the murder. | 就在谋杀案发生前两天 |
[15:26] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:28] | She wanted to meet for lunch, which I thought was odd, | 她想见个面一起吃午饭 我觉得这很奇怪 |
[15:31] | – given how long it’s been. – Mmm-hmm. | 因为这么多年一直没有联系过 但是我们现在再也没有机会了 |
[15:33] | But we never got the chance. | |
[15:36] | Any idea what it was about? | 知道你们见面会谈什么吗? |
[15:38] | I figured maybe she was offering me a job. | 我猜也许她想给我介绍个工作机会 |
[15:41] | Parallax goes through engineers like water. | 视差的工程师说解雇就解雇 |
[15:45] | Sorry, but that’s all I know. And your two minutes is just about up. | 抱歉 我只知道这么多 而且你的两分钟就快结束了 |
[15:51] | Is there anyone else from Lara’s past who might have wanted to hurt her? | 这么多年来还有没有其他人 会想伤害拉拉? |
[15:55] | – How can you ask me that? – Because I don’t know who killed her. | -你怎么问我这种事情? -因为我不知道是谁杀了她 |
[15:58] | Neither do you. Somebody has to be asking that question. | 你也不知道 一定有人会问这个问题 |
[16:01] | If not the police, it has to be me. | 如果警察没问 那我就要问了 |
[16:03] | Everybody loved Lara. Even Trevor, I suppose. | 人人都喜欢拉拉 我猜甚至连特雷弗也不例外 |
[16:14] | Why was Lara calling Sonia few days before her death? | 为什么拉拉在遇害前几天 会打电话给索尼娅? |
[16:17] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[16:18] | She said she might’ve been calling to offer her a job. | 她说拉拉可能是打电话给她一份工作 |
[16:21] | Not likely. Though, I’m sure Sonia would love to think that were true. | 不见得 不过我敢肯定 索尼娅会很愿意认为这是真的 |
[16:24] | You know how many times she tried to hit me up for a job over the years? | 你知道这些年来 她有多少次想联系我找工作吗? |
[16:27] | Weren’t she and Lara friends? | 她和拉拉不是朋友吗? |
[16:29] | Uh, years ago. Once Parallax took off, everything changed. | 那是几年前的事情了 视差火了之后就不是那么回事了 |
[16:32] | Why are you even asking about all this? | 为什么你还要问这种事情? |
[16:34] | I’m just covering our bases, Trevor. If I found Sonia, Golantz will too. | 我只是各个细节都要关注到 特雷弗 如果我能找到索尼娅 葛兰兹能可以 |
[16:38] | It’s no secret, she doesn’t think much of me | 这不是什么秘密 |
[16:40] | even though she’d cut her right arm off to work here. | 即使她削尖了脑袋想进来 她也不怎么看得起我 |
[16:43] | But I can’t imagine what she could say that would mean anything. | 但我想象不出 她能说出什么有意义的事 |
[16:47] | All right. One more thing before I let you go. | 好吧 我挂电话前还有一件事 |
[16:49] | – It’s about your original retainer. – Yeah, what about it? | -是关于你第一笔聘用金的 -可以 有什么问题? |
[16:52] | My office manager has been going over Jerry’s books | 我的办公室经理一直在查杰瑞的账 |
[16:55] | and there’s a $100,000 payment that’s unaccounted for. | 其中有一笔十万美元的款项下落不明 |
[16:58] | – Ring a bell? – No, should it? | -有印象吗? -没有 应该有吗? |
[17:00] | I don’t know. Jerry wasn’t the best record keeper. | 我不知道 杰瑞的账记得很乱 |
[17:03] | There were notes about commissioning a video re-enactment | 有些记录是关于 重新制做谋杀视频的委托 |
[17:06] | of the murders for the jury. Did he say anything about that to you? | 是给陪审团看的 他对你说过什么吗? |
[17:10] | Oh, that. You know what? Now that you mention it. | 那个啊 既然你提到了 |
[17:13] | Yeah, he did. He said it was gonna be expensive, but, | 他是提起来过 还说会很贵 |
[17:17] | yeah, I don’t know whatever happened with it. | 但是我不知道后来怎么样了 |
[17:20] | Yeah. Yeah, that’s what I thought. | 我觉得也是 |
[17:24] | And it just didn’t happen, right? | 但是视频没做出来 对吧? |
[17:27] | Okay, anything else? | 好了 还有别的事情吗? |
[17:29] | Just, uh, rest up. We have a big week. | 好好休息 下周很重要 |
[17:33] | Yeah, I’ll try. | 我尽量吧 |
[17:52] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事情了? |
[17:55] | People are lying to me, Izzy. That’s what. | 伊基 有人跟我撒谎 都是因为这个 (嘿 宝贝 我只是想你 爱你) (热苏斯梅内德斯) |
[19:36] | You wanna tell me why we’re doing this? | 你想告诉我这么做是为什么吗? |
[19:39] | Nope. | 不想 |
[19:56] | Damn. Hell freeze over? | 天啊 太阳从西面出来了? |
[20:03] | – I know it’s been a while, Jesús. – Yeah, you could say that. | -热苏斯 我知道我很久没来看你了 -对 这话不假 |
[20:07] | Didn’t think I’d ever see you again. Not with all your rich clients now. | 没想到我会再见到你 现在你忙的都是有钱的客户 |
[20:13] | We get the news in here when the TV works. | 我们这里电视开着的时候能看到新闻 |
[20:17] | That’s not it. Not all of it, anyway. | 不是那么回事 算了 不全是吧 |
[20:22] | I was in an accident, Jesús. | 热苏斯 我碰上一起事故 |
[20:24] | Man, save your fucking story for someone who gives a shit. | 伙计 把你胡扯的故事 留给一个想听的人吧 |
[20:27] | Couldn’t blame you for being angry. | 我不怪你生气 |
[20:31] | – I’m sorry you’re in… – Spare me the guilty conscience, too. | -我很抱歉你在… -别跟我装内疚了 |
[20:35] | Amá really thought we could trust you. | 阿玛真的认为我们可以信任你 |
[20:37] | He is one of us, he speaks Spanish. | 他是我们的人 他会说西班牙语 |
[20:43] | Joke’s on us. | 天大的笑话 |
[20:46] | You pled me out as fast as you could. | 你一上来就让我同意了认罪交易 |
[20:48] | You had to take that plea because our star witness went missing. | 你不得不接受那个认罪交易 因为我们的主要证人失踪了 |
[20:51] | I promise you, I’m gonna find her. | 我向你保证 我会找到她的 |
[20:53] | I’ve got somebody looking for her. | 我已经让人去找她了 |
[20:55] | – And? – And when I find her, | -还有呢? -找到之后 |
[20:56] | I’m gonna convince her to cooperate. Then I’m gonna file for a habeas petition. | 我会说服她合作 然后申请人身保护令 |
[21:00] | – That’s a legal motion… – I know what it is. | -那是一项法律动议… -我知道那是什么 |
[21:03] | In between solitary and getting shanked, I’ve been hitting law books in here. | 单独关押和被人用手工刀捅了之后 我一直在看这里的法律书籍 |
[21:08] | All the better to know, I ain’t got no shot. | 结果我发现 我没有任何机会 |
[21:10] | Jesús, you’ve got one shot and I’m not gonna rest until you get it. All right? | 热苏斯 你有个机会 我会一直奋斗到你抓住它 明白吗? |
[21:17] | So, my freedom lies on that lady’s word, if you find her? | 这么说 如果你找到这位女士的话 我的自由就取决于她的证词? |
[21:21] | And if she wants to talk? | 还得她肯作证 |
[21:26] | Man, why do you even care? | 为什么你还在乎这件事? |
[21:30] | Why are you even here? | 为什么你会来这里? |
[21:33] | I’m here because I believe you’re innocent, Jesús. | 热苏斯 我来找你 是因为我相信你是无辜的 |
[21:36] | I always believed that. | 我一直都相信 |
[21:38] | We just couldn’t win. But I told you, when you took that plea, | 只是我们没赢下官司 但是 你同意认罪交易时我告诉过你 |
[21:41] | I told you I wouldn’t stop fighting for you. | 我说的是我不会停止为你抗争 |
[21:44] | I had a setback and I’m sorry for that but I’m a man of my word. | 我遇到了挫折 对此我很抱歉 但我是一个言而有信的人 |
[21:47] | If nothing else, I’m that. | 我就是这样的人 |
[21:53] | Give me a second chance. | 再给我一次机会 |
[21:59] | And this area can accommodate up to a hundred guests. | 而这个区域最多可容纳一百位客人 |
[22:02] | Have you decided on a seated dinner or heavy hors d’oeuvres? | 你们决定好是要正餐婚宴 还是冷盘招待会了吗? |
[22:05] | – Seated dinner. – What’s heavy hors d’oeuvres. | -正餐婚宴 -冷盘招待会是什么意思? |
[22:08] | We were hoping to see the menu first. | 我们希望先看看菜单 |
[22:10] | Of course. Have you eaten here before? | 没问题 你们以前在这里吃过饭吗? |
[22:12] | We have, but I think it was called something different. | 吃过 但是这里当时好像叫别的名字 |
[22:16] | Is that same chef still here? What did we have? | 这里还是那个厨师吧? 我们上次吃什么东西? |
[22:19] | We really liked the, uh… | 我们很喜欢那道… |
[22:21] | Deconstructed beef Wellington with shellfish lollipops. | 解构威灵顿牛排配贝肉串 |
[22:23] | The surf and turf. Chef Casal is still here. He’s one of the owners. | 海陆大餐的主厨卡萨尔还在这里 他是店主之一 |
[22:26] | Oh, I didn’t know. You guys have done quite a renovation. Looks expensive. | 以前不知道这个 店里全重新装修了 看起来花钱不少 |
[22:32] | The dance floor would be in the back room. | 舞池在后面的房间 |
[22:34] | You’ll be the first wedding since we installed the bamboo flooring. | 你们会是我们安装竹地板以来 接待的第一场婚礼 |
[22:37] | – Ah. How much was that? – I have no idea. | -那要花多少钱? -我不知道 |
[22:40] | Look, we just want to make sure this place is solid. Okay? | 我们希望你们这里保持稳定 明白吗? |
[22:44] | Last thing we need is to book it for our special day | 我们最不希望发生的事情就是 我们把人生里的大日子订在这里 |
[22:47] | and then have you guys shut down again. | 结果你们又关门了 |
[22:52] | You feel me? | 你明白我的心情吗? |
[22:53] | Uh… of course. Truth is, we weren’t sure we’d reopen once the restaurant shut down, | 当然了 我们上次歇业时 其实不确定会不会重新开业 |
[22:58] | but Chef Casal and his husband James worked their magic and voilà. | 但主厨卡萨尔和他的丈夫詹姆斯 展示了他们的魔法 瞧啊 |
[23:02] | Ah. | |
[23:04] | – Good thing they found their magic. – Can I show you our back patio? | -幸好他们有魔法 -我带你们看看我们的后院好不好? |
[23:07] | We just installed a succulent wall. | -我们刚建了一面全是多肉的墙 -棒极了 |
[23:09] | Rock and roll. | |
[23:20] | The guy you went to see, was he your client? | 你去看的那个人是你的客户吗? |
[23:26] | Yeah, the one I told you about. | 对 就是我跟你说过的那个 |
[23:32] | Oh. | |
[23:34] | Damn. | 可怜 |
[23:39] | You asked me what my trigger was, what got me using? | 你问过我是什么让我磕上药的 |
[23:44] | Pain I was killing wasn’t from the accident. Not really. | 我要对付的痛苦 不是那场事故造成的 真不是 |
[23:49] | It was him. | 其实是他 |
[23:53] | When he got sentenced, I just… | 他的判决下来时 我就… |
[23:55] | I just shut down… | 我就麻木了… |
[23:58] | Pills helped me do it. | 是毒品帮我挺过这一切 |
[24:04] | I gotta get him out, Izzy. | 伊基 我得把他救出来 |
[24:24] | So, now I’m gonna take this meeting outside, all right? | 我现在下车去见个人 |
[24:43] | – Mr. Haller? – Hi, it’s Mickey. | -哈勒先生? -你好 我是米奇 |
[24:46] | I hope you don’t mind meeting here. It’s just, wanted somewhere private. | 我希望你不介意在这里见面 就是想找个私密的地方 |
[24:51] | The prosecutor, she said I should talk to a lawyer I could trust. | 那个检察官说 我应该跟可以信任的律师谈谈 |
[24:55] | She did, but I wanna make one thing clear. I work for you and only you. Okay? | 她确实这么说过 但我想澄清一件事 我为你工作 只为你工作 明白吗? |
[25:01] | Whatever you say, stays between us. | 无论你说什么 不会有第三个人知道 |
[25:03] | It’s just, she said that I’d go to jail, that I would lose my baby. | 只是她说我会进监狱 那样我就会失去我的孩子 |
[25:09] | What are you having? | 是男孩还是女孩? |
[25:11] | A girl. | 女孩 |
[25:13] | I have a daughter too. | 我也有个女儿 |
[25:15] | I promise you, I will do anything that’s in my power | 我向你保证 我会尽我所能 |
[25:18] | to keep you and your baby safe. All right? | 保护你和你的孩子的安全 好吗? |
[25:21] | So, how did you meet Angelo Soto? | 你是怎么认识安吉洛索托的? |
[25:24] | I worked for him. | 我以前给他打工 |
[25:25] | I started like the others at the nursing home. | 我刚到疗养院时跟别人一样 |
[25:28] | – What happened next? – He noticed me. | -然后呢? -他注意到了我 |
[25:31] | Started bringing me lunch, treating me special. | 开始给我带午餐 对我很特别 |
[25:35] | Soon he wanted me to be his girlfriend. | 很快他就要我做他的女朋友 |
[25:38] | I never loved him. | 我从来都没喜欢过他 |
[25:41] | But he got me an apartment, money. | 但是他给了我一套公寓和钱 |
[25:47] | Mr. Soto is charged with human trafficking and slave labor. | 索托先生被指控贩卖人口和强迫劳动 |
[25:52] | – Do you know anything about that? – He doesn’t tell me anything. | -关于这些事情你知道什么吗? -他什么都不跟我说 |
[25:56] | If I ask him questions, he gets angry. But I see things. | 我一问他就会生气 但我看到了一些东西 |
[26:00] | I want you to write it down, as best as you remember. | 凡是你能记得的事情 我要你都写下来 |
[26:03] | Names, dates, everything. Can you do that? | 姓名、日期和一切事情 你能做到吗? |
[26:07] | Now the charges the prosecutor threatened you with, | 至于检察官威胁你的指控 |
[26:10] | your name being on the bank records, don’t worry. | 还有银行记录里你的名字 别担心 |
[26:12] | I can handle that. You don’t have to cooperate if you don’t want to. | 那些我可以应付 如果你不想合作的话就不必合作 |
[26:16] | I want to get away from him. I want a new start for my daughter. | 我想离开他 我想为了我女儿开始新的生活 |
[26:22] | I don’t want her growing up with him as a father. | 我不想我女儿 在他这样的父亲身边长大 |
[26:25] | And that’s what you’ll get. I’ll talk to the prosecutor. | 你的愿望会实现的 我会和检察官谈谈 |
[26:30] | You’re nicer than her. | 你比她人好多了 |
[26:32] | She’s actually a sweetheart once you get to know her. | 如果你了解她的话 她其实是个可爱的人 (威尔谢尔伊贝尔剧院) |
[26:45] | He’s at table 11. Want to talk to him, let him speak to you later. | 他在11号桌 要跟他聊的话 我让他一会儿去找你 |
[26:48] | So, five minutes? | 还有五分钟? |
[26:50] | – Yes. – Okay. | -对 -好的 |
[26:51] | You know I won’t forget your support. | 你知道的 我不会忘记你的协助 |
[26:56] | You remember your 30th birthday? | 还记得你30岁生日吗? (投票给珍妮西蒙斯 做地区检察官) |
[26:59] | You brought me here for dinner. | 你带我来这里吃的晚餐 |
[27:02] | It was quite expensive, as I recall. | 我记得那顿饭还挺贵的 |
[27:04] | You always did know how to put on a show, Haller. | 哈勒 你一直都是营造气氛的高手 |
[27:08] | – So, I met with Tanya Cruz. – She gonna cooperate? | -我跟谭雅克鲁兹见过面了 -她会合作吗? |
[27:11] | Putting aside that you threatened to take her baby away | 要是你不用莫须有的指控 |
[27:14] | on charges that wouldn’t hold up… | 来威胁带走她的孩子的话… |
[27:15] | Soto killed my witness, Mickey. | 米奇 索托杀了我的证人 |
[27:17] | Which is why you’ll appreciate my client’s fear for her baby’s future, Mag. | 这就是为什么你得理解我的委托人 对她孩子未来的恐惧 玛姬 |
[27:23] | What do you want? | 你想要什么? 更换居住地和资金支持 至少一年时间 |
[27:23] | Relocation, financial support for a year, minimum. | 你想要什么? 更换居住地和资金支持 至少一年时间 |
[27:27] | I can relocate her through the trial, but a year? | 我可以开庭期间安置她去别的地方 但你要一年? |
[27:30] | – I don’t have the authority to do that. – Maybe not you, but I know who does. | -我没有那么大权力 -也许你没有 但我知道谁有 |
[27:38] | Let’s talk about this later. I gotta go do my job now. | 咱们稍后再谈这个 现在我得去做我的工作了 |
[27:41] | This is your job now? See, maybe you should run for office. | 这是你现在的工作? 看看 也许你真应该竞选公职 |
[27:45] | Yeah, right. | 得了吧 |
[27:49] | Haller? | 哈勒? |
[27:51] | I saw you walk in, thought I’d come say hello. | 我看见你来了 觉得还是要过来打个招呼 |
[27:54] | – Didn’t want it to be weird. – Yeah, well, this isn’t usually my scene. | -不想太尴尬 -是啊 这种地方我是不太自在 |
[27:58] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[27:59] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[28:02] | No, I meant, I don’t have a boss I have to suck up to. | 别误会 我是说我不用费力讨好上司 |
[28:06] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[28:08] | Good evening, and thank you for being here. | 晚上好 谢谢各位光临 |
[28:11] | My name is Maggie McPherson. | 我叫玛姬麦克弗森 |
[28:13] | For the past nine years, I’ve been a deputy DA in Major Crimes | 在过去的九年里 我一直是重案组的副检察官 |
[28:17] | under the person who you came here to see tonight, | 我的领导 就是你们今晚来这里表示支持的人 |
[28:19] | which gives me a pretty good platform to talk smack about her, I think. | 我看这也给了我一个很好的场合 说她几句坏话 |
[28:24] | She does that when she’s nervous, doesn’t she? The hair thing. | 她紧张的时候就会撩头发 对吧? |
[28:27] | I mean, you know better than me. You were married to her. | 你是她前夫 比我清楚 |
[28:31] | I just… | 我就是… |
[28:32] | …she’s deeply familiar with the needs of our office… | …她非常熟悉对我们办公室的期待… |
[28:35] | Anyway, I gotta go. Get my beauty rest. | 反正我得走了 该去睡美容觉了 |
[28:37] | Got a big day Monday. Cheers. | 星期一可是个大日子 再见 |
[28:39] | …and most importantly, she is fair. | …最重要的是 她是个公正的人 |
[28:41] | Ladies and gentlemen, in this historic space, | 女士们先生们 在这历史圣地 |
[28:45] | it’s my great honor to introduce the next District Attorney of Los Angeles County, | 我非常荣幸地 有请洛杉矶县的下一任地方检察官 |
[28:50] | Janelle Simmons. | 珍妮西蒙斯 |
[28:56] | Thank you, Maggie. And thank you, everyone, for coming… | 谢谢你 玛姬 谢谢大家的到来… |
[28:59] | – Hey, Tony. – Hey, there he is. | -嘿 托尼 -嘿 他来了 |
[29:01] | – How are you, man? – Thanks for the invite, Mick. | -你好吗 伙计? -谢谢你的邀请 米克 |
[29:04] | You’re the one doing me a favor. | 是你在帮我的忙 |
[29:06] | Ah! Speaking of which… | 说到这个… |
[29:09] | It’s the internal audit from the crime lab. | 这是犯罪实验室的内部审计报告 |
[29:11] | They copied it in my discovery by mistake. Hope it helps you out. | 他们一疏忽 跟我的证据开示 一起复印了 希望可以帮助你 |
[29:15] | – This is just what I needed. Thank you. – My pleasure. Listen. | -我要找的就是这个 谢谢你 -我很高兴能帮上忙 听好了 |
[29:18] | – Show ’em how solo guys do it. – Enjoy yourself. | -给他们看看独行侠的厉害 -玩得开心点 |
[29:21] | …many of you, like Maggie, are veterans of the district… | …你们中的许多人 比如玛姬 都为本区服务多年… |
[29:25] | Maggie? | 玛姬? |
[29:27] | Lorna, hey. I didn’t know you were gonna be here. | 劳娜 嘿 我没想到你会过来 |
[29:30] | I can leave. | 我也可以离开 |
[29:31] | No, it’s fine. I just needed some air, I guess. | 没关系 我猜自己得出来透透气 |
[29:36] | These things are an acquired taste which I’ve never acquired. | 在这种场合里如鱼得水需要本事 但是我一直没练出来 |
[29:40] | No Cisco tonight? | 西斯科今晚没来? |
[29:42] | No, no. It’s not really his cup of tea. | 没有 这种地方真的不合他的口味 |
[29:44] | It’s not really mine either, but I just wanted an excuse to wear this dress. | 其实也不合我的口味 但是我就是想找个借口穿这件礼服 |
[29:51] | – How’s Hayley? – Why? | -海莉怎么样了? -为什么问起她来了? |
[29:55] | Mickey mentioned an incident. | 米奇说出了点事情 |
[29:58] | Oh! Um… | |
[30:00] | Yeah. She’s gonna be fine, Lorna. At least, I think she will be. | 是 她会好起来的 劳娜 至少我觉得她会没事的 |
[30:05] | Well, I’m sure she will be. I could come by sometime. | 我敢肯定她会好起来 我可以找个时间去看看她 |
[30:08] | Maybe bring her a care package? | 也许还可以带点东西安慰她? |
[30:11] | She used to love these cookies we would make. | 她以前很喜欢我们做的饼干 |
[30:13] | Yeah, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[30:19] | – I didn’t mean to pry. – No, it’s okay. It’s just… | -我不是故意要管闲事 -不 没关系 只是… |
[30:24] | She’s gonna need some time. That’s all. | 她就是需要一些时间 没别的办法 |
[30:29] | Okay. I should probably head back in. I didn’t eat any dinner. | 好的 我也许应该回去了 我晚上还什么都没吃呢 |
[30:33] | The mushroom caps are gonna have to do. | 得去拿几个蘑菇帽吃 |
[30:38] | – Hey, Lorna. – Yeah? | -嘿 劳娜 -嗯? |
[30:40] | – Nice shoes. – Oh. Thank you. They’re Dior. | -鞋子真漂亮 -谢谢 是迪奥的 |
[30:45] | On sale. | 特价的 |
[30:50] | – Hey. | – Hey. -嘿 -嘿 |
[30:53] | You leaving? | 你要走了? |
[30:55] | I need to get home before my ride turns into a pumpkin. | 我需要在我的车变成南瓜之前回家 |
[30:57] | I’ll talk to Janelle in the morning. | 早上我会和珍妮谈谈 |
[30:59] | – All right. – She’s preoccupied right now. | -好的 -她现在很忙 |
[31:01] | And Cabernet and negotiating don’t always mix. So… | 而且赤霞珠和谈判互不兼容 所以… |
[31:05] | You want a ride home? I mean, I’m the sober one. Remember? | 你想搭车回家吗? 现在我是清醒的人 记得吗? |
[31:09] | No, I’m okay. I called an Uber. So, I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 我叫了辆优步 所以不用了 |
[31:13] | So, uh, this guy, Golantz… Did you, uh… | 这个葛兰兹…你们… |
[31:20] | – What? – No, it’s fine if you did. | -什么? -没事 你们有什么事情也没关系 |
[31:22] | It just would have been nice to get a heads-up. | 要是能提醒一下就好了 |
[31:25] | We had drinks twice after work. It was more professional than anything. | 我们下班后喝过两次酒 不过基本上谈的都是公事 |
[31:30] | Not that it’s your business. | 不关你什么事 |
[31:32] | No, it’s not. | 确实不关我的事 |
[31:34] | What’s gotten into you? | 你这是怎么了? |
[31:35] | You can’t tell when a DA is trying to play mind games with you? | 地方检察官跟你玩心理战的时候 你看不出来吗? |
[31:40] | I mean, seriously. | 我这话是认真的 |
[31:42] | Should I come by tomorrow to finalize the deal? | 我要不要明天过来敲定交易? |
[31:46] | Maybe have breakfast with Hayley, if she’ll see me. | 如果海莉肯见我的话 也许跟她一起吃个早餐 |
[31:49] | Let the pancakes do most of the talking, that works for me. | 利用松饼解决大部分事情 我没问题 |
[31:52] | – All right. – Thanks for coming, Mickey. | -好吧 -谢谢你过来 米奇 |
[31:54] | Have a good night, Mags. Thanks. | 晚安 玛姬 谢谢你 |
[32:15] | – Maggie. – Bob. What are you doing here? | -玛姬 -鲍勃 你来这里干什么? |
[32:20] | – I came to talk to you, actually. – Me? | -其实我是来和你谈谈的 -我? |
[32:24] | I understand you’re loyal to Janelle and loyalty is important, | 我知道你对珍妮很忠诚 而且忠诚很重要 |
[32:28] | but it can also be taken too far. | 但也可能会过火 |
[32:31] | You know Janelle. First DA, then City Hall, then who knows what? | 你了解珍妮 先是地区检察官 然后是市政府 接下来谁知道呢? |
[32:35] | She’s already lining up her next job. | 她已经在安排下一份工作了 |
[32:38] | And you aren’t? | 你不是吗? |
[32:39] | You really think Janelle has your back? | 你真以为珍妮会支持你? |
[32:42] | You and every other DA in that office? | 支持你和你们办公室里 每一位地区检察官? |
[32:44] | I don’t get involved in politics. I just do my job. | 我不参与政治 只是做我的工作 |
[32:48] | I know. That’s why you need a boss | 我知道 这也是为什么你需要的上司 |
[32:51] | who’ll give you the tools and the freedom to do it well. | 要能够能给你工具和自由 去让你做好工作 |
[32:56] | Just think about it. That’s all. | 你考虑一下 我们就说这么多吧 |
[32:59] | Have a good night, Maggie. | 晚安 玛姬 |
[33:14] | Looks like the Judge is a dead end. | 看起来法官那边查不下去了 |
[33:16] | I thought he was good for it, | 我以为他收了钱 |
[33:18] | but turns out the mortgage on that building | 但那栋楼其实有笔抵押贷款 |
[33:20] | is owned by a family trust. | 在一个家族信托名下 |
[33:22] | They took out a second around the time of the restaurant renovation. | 他们在餐厅装修的时候做了再融资 |
[33:26] | So, it’s legit. | 所以他们的钱是干净的 |
[33:27] | So, the money didn’t come from a bribe. | 这么说这笔钱不是受贿来的 |
[33:30] | – Back to square one. – Listen, Mick, one more thing. | -回到原点了 -听着 米克 还有件事 |
[33:33] | I saw you were going to meet with the Hard Case Casey. | 我看到你要去见硬壳凯西 |
[33:37] | He got a parole violation, and Teddy asked me if I could handle it. | 他违反了假释规定 泰迪问我能不能接手处理 |
[33:41] | – You saw Teddy? – He saw me, more like it. | -你见到泰迪了? -更确切地说 是他来见了我 |
[33:44] | Look, Cisco, the Saints have been clients for years. All right? | 西斯科 这么多年来 圣徒一直是客户 对吧? |
[33:49] | You gotta do what you got to do, Mick. I’m gonna get going. | 米克 你该做什么就做吧 我得走了 |
[34:01] | I talked to Janelle. Two months relocation, best we can offer. | 我和珍妮谈过了 我们最多能提供两个月的异地安置 |
[34:06] | Come on, Maggie. She’s an immigrant. She doesn’t know anyone here. | 这是胡扯 玛姬 她是个移民 在这里举目无亲 |
[34:09] | – That’s not enough. – We’re not the Feds, Mick. | -这根本不够 -我们不是联邦调查局 米克 |
[34:12] | We don’t have WITSEC. | 证人保护项目不归我们管 |
[34:13] | I’m sorry, did you ask me to do this | 不好意思 你让我这样做 |
[34:15] | because you thought I’d talk Tanya into it? | 不就是因为你觉得我能说服谭雅? |
[34:17] | – Take a dive for you, is that it? – I asked because I trust you. | -替你出面 不是吗? -我要你帮忙因为我相信你 |
[34:22] | Does the name Letty Lopez mean anything? | 莱蒂洛佩兹这个名字你有印象吗? |
[34:24] | No. Should it? | 没有 得有吗? |
[34:25] | She’s been living in Reno for seven years now, | 她已经在里诺住了七年了 |
[34:27] | waiting to testify in this drug case. | 等着为一起毒品案作证 |
[34:29] | And during that time, we, the taxpayers, | 在此期间 我们这些纳税人 |
[34:31] | have provided her with $2,000 a month in rent and expenses. | 每月为她提供2000美元 用于租金和开销 |
[34:35] | Ask Janelle. You know what? | 去问问珍妮 |
[34:37] | Better yet, ask your friend, Detective Lankford. | 更得问问你的朋友 大侦探兰克福德 |
[34:40] | If you don’t have the money, Maggie, LAPD does. | 玛姬 如果你们没有钱的话 洛城警局有 |
[34:42] | It comes out of their ten billion dollar annual budget. | 他们每年一百亿美元预算 可以从他们那里出 |
[34:45] | That’ll get slashed once they defund the police. | 警察局预算削减之后就没戏了 |
[34:47] | All I’m asking is one year. | 我要的只有一年 |
[34:49] | So this woman can have a fresh start after risking her life for you. | 好让这个女人为你卖命出力之后 可以有个新的开始 |
[34:52] | That’s the deal. Take it or leave it. | 就是这样 要么接受要么拒绝 |
[34:56] | Okay. I’ll push Janelle. | 好吧 我跟珍妮争取一下 |
[34:59] | Can’t you guys be like normal parents? | 你们就不能像普通父母一样吗? |
[35:03] | Are you ready? I’m starving. | 你准备好了? |
[35:05] | – Okay. Then let’s go. – Vámonos. | -好吧 那我们走吧 -我们走吧 |
[35:07] | – Bye, Mom. – Have fun. | -妈妈再见 -玩得开心 |
[35:12] | Were you and Mom, like, on a date last night? | 昨天晚上你和妈妈约会了? |
[35:15] | What? No, it was a thing for your mom’s boss. | 什么?没有 是你妈妈的上司有事 |
[35:22] | Why would you think it was a date? | 为什么你觉得我们约会了? |
[35:23] | I don’t know. The other night I saw you guys together after Mom’s… | 我说不清楚 那天晚上我看到你们在妈妈… |
[35:29] | – After what happened. – Yeah, you saw that, huh? | -在上次出事之后 -你看到了? |
[35:34] | Look, Hayley, I still care for your mom. | 海莉 我仍然关心你妈妈 |
[35:38] | I always will, all right? I just… | 我永远都会的 好吗?我只是… |
[35:42] | I don’t know what the future holds, you know? | 我不知道未来会怎样 你明白吗? |
[35:46] | I figured. I mean, you’re both so different. | 我想通了 你们俩太不一样了 |
[35:50] | Why, because I represent killers and she puts them away? | 此话怎讲 因为我代表杀手 而她负责把他们关起来? |
[35:55] | You know what? Forget pancakes. I’ve got a better idea. | 你知道吗? 不吃松饼了 我有个更好的主意 |
[36:10] | So, you brought me here for the fountains? | 你带我来这里是就是为了看喷泉? |
[36:13] | Seen these a million times. | 我都看过几百万遍了 |
[36:14] | No, not the fountain. Look. | 不是来看喷泉的 你看到那栋楼了吗? |
[36:18] | – You see that building? – Mmm-hmm. | |
[36:20] | That’s City Hall. | 那是市政厅 |
[36:21] | One next to it, the Hall of Justice where your mother works. | 挨着它的是司法大楼 你妈妈工作的地方 |
[36:25] | Right in front, that one, it’s the Federal Courthouse. | 正对面的那个是联邦法院 |
[36:28] | This one is FBI and ICE. | 这栋楼是联邦调查局 和移民及海关执法局 |
[36:32] | This is LAPD. Now, you see that man over there? | 这边是洛城警局 你看见那边那个人了吗? |
[36:37] | Yeah. | 看见了 他的摊位可能没有许可证 |
[36:38] | He probably doesn’t have a permit for his cart. | 看见了 他的摊位可能没有许可证 |
[36:41] | May be undocumented. That’s not a crime, exactly, | 也许他是非法移民 严格来说 这不是犯罪 |
[36:44] | but people are going to still come looking for you. | 但仍然会有人来找麻烦 |
[36:47] | Now, what is he supposed to do | 他该如何应付 |
[36:49] | against all these people in all these big buildings? | 所有这些大楼里的人? |
[36:53] | Okay. I get all that. But Trevor Elliott’s not an underdog. | 好的 这些我都明白 但特雷弗埃利奥特可不是小人物 |
[36:58] | No, he’s not, but the principle is the same. | 对 他不是 但道理是一样的 |
[37:00] | I represent underdogs, too. So did your grandfather. | 我也代表小人物 跟你爷爷一样 |
[37:04] | I thought most of his clients were, like, rock stars and drug dealers. | 我还以为他的大多数客户 都是摇滚明星和毒贩 |
[37:08] | No, not always. I remember one case. | 不全是 我记得一个案子 |
[37:12] | Your abuela brought me to watch and it was, uh… | 你爷爷带我去看的 那是… |
[37:14] | it was this kid accused in a drive-by or something, | 有孩子因为开车经过什么的被指控 |
[37:17] | and the whole case was a sham. He was 100% innocent. | 整个案子都弄错了 他绝对是无辜的 |
[37:20] | But to them, didn’t matter. | 但是在那帮人眼里 那不重要 |
[37:24] | You ever have somebody like that? | 你代理过这样的人吗? |
[37:26] | As a matter of fact, yes. But I’m back. I’m gonna try to help him. | 其实有一个 现在我恢复了 会尽力帮助他 |
[37:30] | Okay, so, why don’t you work on that case instead of Trevor Elliott? | 好吧 那你为什么不处理那个案子 而忙着特雷弗埃利奥特的事情? |
[37:36] | It’s just not that simple, Hayley. | 海莉 事情没那么简单 |
[37:38] | I have a trial and I have a duty to my client. | 我要出庭 得对我的客户负责 |
[37:41] | Well, yeah, but you just got the case. Why does it have to be right now? | 这没错 但你刚接手这个案子 为什么必须现在就开庭? |
[37:47] | Because my client doesn’t want a delay and he wants his day in court. | 因为我的客户不想耽搁 他想如期开庭 |
[37:52] | I don’t get it. If I were looking at going to jail, | 我不明白 如果我有可能进监狱 |
[37:57] | I’d put that shit off as long as I could. | 我会尽可能地拖延这种破事 |
[38:00] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:04] | – Dad? – Come on. Gotta take you home. | -爸爸? -来吧 我得先送你回家 |
[38:07] | Come on. Let’s go. | 快点 咱们走吧 |
[38:20] | What’s so urgent, it couldn’t wait till morning? | 有什么急事 不能等到早上吗? |
[38:22] | – How did you do it? – Do what? | -你是怎么做到的? -做什么? |
[38:25] | How’d you bribe a juror months before there’s even a jury panel? | 你是怎么在陪审团成立前几个月 就能贿赂陪审员的? (向下划动 降落) |
[38:31] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈在说什么? |
[38:33] | You refused to take a continuance because you had to go to trial right away. | 你拒绝延期 是因为你必须马上去受审 |
[38:36] | – I told you. My company is… – Bullshit. | -我告诉你了 我的公司… -胡扯 |
[38:39] | Nobody gambles their freedom on a business deal, Trevor. | 特雷弗 没人会把自己的自由 赌在生意上 |
[38:43] | Jury summonses go out for a specific date. So, you knew. | 陪审人传票要在特定日期发出 所以你早就知道了 |
[38:47] | You knew if you could get a potential juror on your panel, | 你知道如果你能在你这组陪审员 搞定一个潜在的陪审员 |
[38:50] | you might pull this off. | 你就脱身了 |
[38:51] | That’s why you didn’t want a jury consultant. | 这就是你不想要陪审团顾问的原因 |
[38:53] | It’s why you demanded final say on the jurors | 这就是为什么 你要求对陪审员有最终决定权 |
[38:56] | and that stunt you pulled in the garage to get that juror kicked off, | 还有你在车库搞里的噱头 就是为了让那个陪审员离开 |
[39:00] | you planted somebody. | 你安排好了人 |
[39:03] | I’m an aerospace engineer at Lockheed Martin. | 我是航空工程师 在洛克希德马丁工作 |
[39:05] | I’m single and I live in Palos Verdes. | 单身 住在帕洛斯弗迪斯 |
[39:07] | It’s juror number seven, isn’t it? | 就是7号陪审员 对不对? |
[39:13] | I don’t know who the guy is or anything about him. | 我不知道那个人是谁 也不知道他任何事情 |
[39:16] | All I know is he’s bought and paid for. | 我只知道他被买通了 并且已经拿到了钱 |
[39:19] | Yeah, well, that’s it. I draw the line at clients who pay bribes. | 好吧 到此为止吧 我从不接手行贿的客户 |
[39:23] | – What’re you saying? – I’m saying, I’m out. | -你说什么? -我说我不干了 |
[39:25] | You say I need this? Well, not this badly. | 你说我需要这个?没那么需要 |
[39:27] | – No. You can’t do that. – Well, try me. | -不行 你不能那样做 -动我一下试试 |
[39:29] | You don’t understand. You can’t do that. | 你不明白 你不能那样做 |
[39:31] | – It’ll be the end for both of us. – What are you talking about? | -那样咱俩就都完蛋了 -你说什么? |
[39:36] | I’m not the one that paid the bribe. You understand what I’m saying? | 行贿的人不是我 你明白我的意思吗? |
[39:42] | It was Jerry. I don’t know how. | 是杰瑞 我不知道他怎么做到的 |
[39:45] | He set it up through his investigator. Carlin. | 是通过他的调查员卡林安排的 |
[39:47] | There’s a problem with that. | 这个有一点说不通 |
[39:49] | Jerry was gonna ask for a continuance. I found the motion. | 杰瑞本来想要求延期的 我找到了他的动议 |
[39:52] | I know. That’s why you can’t withdraw. | 我知道 这就是为什么你不能退出 |
[40:00] | That’s what I’m trying to fucking tell you. | 这就是我想要跟你说的事情 |
[40:02] | What? You’re saying they’re connected? Jerry’s murder with the Elliott case? | 什么?你是说它们有关? 杰瑞的死跟埃利奥特的案子有关? |
[40:06] | That’s what got him killed, isn’t it? | 这就是他被杀的原因 对吗? |
[40:10] | Did you kill him, Trevor? | 是你杀了他吗 特雷弗? |
[40:12] | I told you. I don’t kill people. I don’t do that. | 我告诉过你 我不杀人 我不做那种事情 |
[40:16] | I didn’t lie to you, Mickey. Not about the important thing. | 我没有骗你 米奇 重要的事情我没有骗你 |
[40:20] | I didn’t kill Jerry, and God knows, I didn’t kill Lara, or fucking Jan Rilz. | 我没有杀杰瑞 老天爷知道 我没有杀拉拉或者他妈的杨瑞尔兹 |
[40:26] | Then who the fuck did? | 那到底是谁干的? |
[40:28] | I asked you once before, where do you think I got the money? | 我以前问过你一次 你以为我从哪里弄来的钱? |
[40:31] | What? | 什么? 米奇 创办一家像我这样的公司 需要几百万美元 |
[40:32] | It takes millions to launch a company like mine, Mickey. | 什么? 米奇 创办一家像我这样的公司 需要几百万美元 |
[40:35] | – I didn’t have a nickel. – I thought you had investors. | -而我以前一文不名 -我记得你拉到了投资 |
[40:37] | Not the kind you’re thinking. | 不是你想的那种投资人 |
[40:39] | Those VC guys wouldn’t give me the time of day. | 没有风险投资人肯见我 |
[40:41] | They didn’t have the vision or the balls, but… | 他们既没有远见也没有胆量 但是… |
[40:46] | I had a roommate in college named Pavel Kosevich. | 我有一个大学室友 叫帕维尔科塞维奇 我知道 |
[40:49] | I know. | 他爸爸叫谢尔盖科塞维奇 这个名字听说过吧? |
[40:50] | His father’s name is Sergei Kosevich. Does that ring a bell? | 他爸爸叫谢尔盖科塞维奇 这个名字听说过吧? |
[40:53] | – You ever heard of him? – Yeah, some billionaire. | -你听说过他吗? -对 某个亿万富翁 |
[40:56] | – Owns a soccer team. – Yeah. He owns a soccer team. | -名下有支足球队 -对 他是有一支足球队 |
[40:58] | He also happens to be in control of the largest oil and gas company in Russia | 他还碰巧控制着 俄罗斯最大的石油天然气公司 |
[41:03] | along with tons of other stuff. | 还有更多其他的生意 |
[41:05] | Man, I was desperate and stupid, and Kosevich cut himself a sweetheart deal | 伙计 我当时既绝望又愚蠢 科塞维奇做了一笔丰厚的交易 |
[41:11] | that is about to pay off. | 马上就要变现了 |
[41:14] | And this is not a man you fuck with, Mickey. | 米奇 不要跟这种人胡来 |
[41:17] | He doesn’t let anything stand in his way. Not Jerry. Not Lara. | 他不会让任何事情妨碍他 杰瑞和拉拉都不行 |
[41:20] | What did Lara have to do with it? | 拉拉跟这件事有什么关系? |
[41:22] | Man, our marriage was falling apart. I was basically living at the office. | 伙计 我们的婚姻快破裂了 我基本上住在办公室里 |
[41:25] | She was gonna leave me. | 她要离开我了 |
[41:26] | And when Kosevich found out about the divorce, he knew… | 而科塞维奇听说离婚这件事时 他明白… |
[41:31] | We didn’t have a prenup. So, she leaves, she takes half the money. | 我们没有婚前协议 所以她要走的话会分走一半的钱 |
[41:37] | It wasn’t my money. | 那可不是我的钱 |
[41:41] | I begged her to call it off. | 我求她不要那么做 |
[41:46] | That morning, I went out to the house to try to get her out of there but… | 那天早上我回家 想让她离开那里 但是… |
[41:53] | That’s why they’re following me. That’s why my car is bugged. | 这就是他们跟踪我的原因 这就是我的车被窃听的原因 |
[42:00] | Trust me, your car being bugged is the least of your worries. | 相信我 你的车被窃听只是小菜一碟 |
[42:04] | They need my company’s acquisition to go through. | 他们需要我公司完成并购交易 |
[42:07] | If I get convicted, that doesn’t happen. | 如果我被定罪 那就全泡汤了 |
[42:10] | They’ll kill me, too, if I’m no use to him anymore. | 如果我不再对他有用 他们也会杀了我 |
[42:13] | If I breathe a word of this, | 如果我走漏一个字的风声 |
[42:15] | they’ll tie up every loose end they have to. Do you understand? | 他们会把一切需要灭的口都灭掉 你明白吗? |
[42:19] | That means you, your family… | 这就是说 你自己和你全家… |
[42:28] | Mickey, I told you I was innocent. | 米奇 我跟你说过我是无辜的 |
[42:31] | You believe me now? | 你现在相信我了吗? |
[42:38] | I believe you didn’t do what they charged you with, Trevor. | 特雷弗 我相信你没有做过 他们指控你的事 |
[42:44] | It’s enough for me. | 对我来说这就够了 |
[42:47] | So, will you help me? | 那你会帮我吗? |
[42:51] | Please. | 求求你了 |
[43:36] | You said this case is one of the hardest ones you ever had, right? | 你说这个案子是 你遇到过的最难的案子之一 对吧? |
[43:39] | That’s right. | 对 |
[43:41] | But if the man didn’t do it, isn’t that a good thing? | 但如果这个人没有犯罪 那不是一件好事吗? |
[43:45] | Only if you win. | 只有官司赢了才算好事 |
[43:47] | If somebody’s guilty, I’m gonna do my best to represent them. | 如果有人有罪 我会尽力为他们辩护 |
[43:50] | Just like I would anybody. That’s my job. | 就像我对任何人一样 那是我的工作 |
[43:54] | But if they go to jail, I can live with that. | 但是他们进监狱我也可以心安理得 |
[43:58] | Well, after all, they did it, right? | 毕竟他们做了坏事 对吧? |
[44:01] | But do you know what it’s like to represent somebody you know is innocent | 但如果你知道自己代表一个无辜的人 却无法争取他们的清白 |
[44:04] | and you can’t save them? | 是什么感觉吗? |
[44:07] | I’ll take the guilty client any day. | 我宁可一天到晚只接手有罪的客户 |
[44:10] | I sleep better that way. | 那样的话我能睡得安稳 |
[44:16] | The Gods of Guilt have spoken. | 罪恶之神张口说话了 |
[44:19] | Gotta go, kiddo. The jury’s back. | 得进去了 小子 陪审团回来了 (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |