时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | How do you bribe a juror months before there’s a jury panel? | 你是怎么在陪审团成立前几个月 就能贿赂陪审员的? |
[00:09] | I don’t know who he is or anything about him. | 我不知道那个人是谁 也不知道他任何事情 |
[00:11] | All I know is he’s bought and paid for. | 我只知道他被买通了 并且已经拿到了钱 |
[00:13] | “Judge Stanton, juror number seven is not who you think he is or who he says he is.” | “斯丹顿法官 7号陪审员既不是 你以为的那个人也不是他自称的人” |
[00:17] | – No idea who it’s from. – Did we get him when he came in? | -没有说是谁发的 -他过来的时候我们抓到他了吗? |
[00:20] | Juror number seven didn’t show up this morning. | 他今天早上没有出现 |
[00:21] | Maybe juror number seven’s dead. | 也许7号陪审员已经死了 |
[00:23] | Did you think of that? Maybe you and I are next. | 你想过吗?也许接下来就是你和我 |
[00:26] | But Trevor Elliott had gunshot residue on his hands. | 特雷弗埃利奥特的手上有枪弹残留物 |
[00:29] | I have a plan. | 我有应对 |
[00:30] | Call Tony Walsh, invite him to this fundraiser. | 你给托尼沃尔什打个电话 邀请他参加筹款活动 |
[00:32] | It’s the internal audit from the crime lab, | 犯罪实验室的内部审计报告 一疏忽跟我的证据开示一起复印了 |
[00:34] | They copied to my discovery by mistake. | |
[00:36] | Now, there was a woman, Sonia Patel, an old friend of Lara Elliott. | 有一个叫索尼娅帕特尔的女人 是拉拉的老朋友 |
[00:39] | – I’ll find her. – I’ll take care of that. | -我会去查查她 -我来处理 |
[00:41] | Nothing out of the ordinary on his GPS, except for one place, a casino. | 他的导航记录上没有任何异常 只有一个例外 赌场 |
[00:44] | Jerry like to gamble much? | 杰瑞很喜欢赌博吗? |
[00:46] | This is the security footage | 这是一段监控录像 |
[00:48] | from outside the casino that Jerry Vincent kept going to. | 摄像头就在 杰瑞经常去的那个赌场门外 |
[00:51] | Who’s the other guy? What papers did he hand over? | 另外一个人是谁? 给他的是什么文件? |
[00:53] | – Tanya plays dumb… – She’s ready to go after Soto. | -谭雅虽然人前装傻… -她已经准备好要对付索托了 |
[00:56] | Good. So am I. | 好 我也准备好了 |
[00:58] | I drove him to a flower shop. | 我开车带他去了一家花店 (纳玛扬花店) |
[01:01] | The next day, my friend was gone. | 第二天 我的朋友不见了 |
[01:03] | Alvin Aquino. BNG ink, on parole for attempted murder. Guess where he works? | 阿尔文阿基诺 有BNG的文身 目前还在假释期间 罪名是谋杀未遂 |
[01:07] | Namayan Flowers. | -猜猜他在哪工作? -纳玛扬花店 |
[01:08] | You had to take that plea because our star witness went missing. | 你不得不接受那个认罪交易 因为我们的主要证人失踪了 |
[01:11] | I really need your help finding Glory Days again. | 我真的需要你帮我 再把格洛丽亚戴斯找出来 |
[01:14] | – Everything all right? – It’s my ex. | -一切都好吧? -是我前任 |
[01:16] | She posted photos partying with some people we used to tour with, | 她发布了几张照片 跟我们以前一起巡演的几个人开派对 |
[01:19] | which means she’s using again. | 说明她又开始嗑药了 |
[01:20] | Jerry had something, which means there’s something to have. | 杰瑞找到了一样东西 也就是说 这个东西一定能找得到 |
[01:23] | And if he can find it, I can fucking find it. | 如果他能找到 我他妈也能找到 NETFLIX 剧集 |
[02:02] | You better make this worth my while. | 你最好别让我白跑一趟 |
[02:04] | I don’t do mornings. | 我早上不接活 |
[02:06] | I’m sorry, I’m still in trial. | 对不起 我还得出庭 |
[02:08] | It was the only time I had and please, help yourself. | 这是我唯一能抽出来的时间 还有 请笑纳 |
[02:13] | I found Glory Days. | 我找到格洛丽亚戴斯了 |
[02:15] | How? | 怎么找到的? |
[02:17] | My extensive surveillance network. | 我庞大的监控网络 |
[02:20] | I know a girl, who knows a girl, | 我认识一个姑娘 |
[02:22] | runs one of those Girlfriend Experience operations. | 她认识一个 经营那种女朋友体验业务的姑娘 |
[02:26] | You asked me what I’d do if I had to lay low? | 你问过我 如果我必须低调时会做什么? |
[02:28] | I’d do that. | 我就接那种活 |
[02:30] | That’s what Glory is doing. Out of Vegas. | 格洛丽亚戴斯正在接这种活 在拉斯维加斯一带 |
[02:32] | You have an address? | 有地址吗? |
[02:34] | No. No phone number neither, | 没有 电话号码也没有 |
[02:36] | but I did find out she comes back to LA every so often, | 但我发现她经常回洛杉矶 |
[02:39] | see some of her regulars. | 接几个熟客的生意 |
[02:43] | And? | 还有呢? |
[03:06] | This is one of her best clients. | 这是她最熟的几个客户之一 |
[03:09] | When he calls, she comes to town. | 一个电话就能把她叫过来 |
[03:16] | – Thanks. – Pleasure as always. | -谢谢 -别客气 |
[03:19] | Now, if we’re done here, girl’s gotta get her sleep. | 要是咱们这事聊完了 本姑娘要去睡觉了 |
[03:26] | Hey, Cherry, take care of yourself, all right? | 嘿 切莉 自已多保重 好吗? |
[03:30] | Always. | 一向如此 (拉杰埃科-比弗利山庄) |
[03:46] | Now, back to the right. | 往右挪回去一点 |
[03:48] | No, that’s too far. | 不行 挪太多了 |
[03:50] | To the left. | 往左 |
[03:52] | Left. | 左 |
[03:54] | Everybody’s got an opinion, huh? | 众口难调 |
[03:56] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:59] | You’re so smart. | 你真聪明 |
[04:03] | Yeah? | 喂? 30分钟后法庭见面怎么样? 有件事情要交给你办 |
[04:04] | Can you meet me at court in 30 minutes? I’ve got something for you. | 喂? 30分钟后法庭见面怎么样? 有件事情要交给你办 |
[04:07] | No problem. You ready for today? | 没问题 今天开庭你准备好了? |
[04:10] | I’ve got the report Tony Walsh gave me. That should handle the gunshot residue. | 我拿到了托尼沃尔什给我的报告 那应该能应付枪击残留物的问题 |
[04:14] | Beyond that… | 除了那个之外… |
[04:16] | You find more about the guy at that casino with Jerry? | 那个跟杰瑞在赌场接头的人 你查到什么没有? |
[04:18] | Nope. | 没 |
[04:19] | And LAPD hit a wall, too, | 洛城警局也没有进展 |
[04:22] | but it’s gotta mean something, right? | 但这一定意味着什么 对吧? |
[04:24] | I don’t know. And I’m out of time to be chasing ghosts. | 我不清楚 但是我没时间凭空瞎猜了 |
[04:29] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[04:32] | Are the People ready to proceed? | 公诉方准备好了吗? |
[04:35] | The People call Sonia Patel. | 公诉方传唤索尼娅帕特尔作证 |
[04:38] | – What’s going on? – Nothing we weren’t expecting. | -这是怎么回事? -一切都在预料之中 |
[04:41] | Objection. Sidebar, Your Honor? | 反对 法官大人 能否跟您面谈? (詹姆士P斯丹顿 法官) |
[04:47] | What’s the problem, Counsel? | 律师 有什么问题吗? |
[04:49] | Problem is that this witness is not on the prosecution’s list. | 问题是这名证人不在控方名单上 |
[04:52] | As Counsel is aware, | 正如律师所知 |
[04:54] | the witness recently came to light via an article in the press. | 该证人最近上了报纸 |
[04:56] | Mr. Haller spoke with her before I did. He can’t claim to be blindsided. | 哈勒先生比我快一步 早就跟她谈过 他不能声称自己不知情 |
[05:00] | That’s how I know the witness has no information about the murders. | 我就是这样才知道 证人没有关于谋杀的信息 |
[05:03] | She had a front-row seat | 被告和他妻子的关系 |
[05:05] | to the relationship of the defendant and wife. | 她了解得一清二楚 |
[05:07] | Yeah, ten years ago. | 对 十年前的事情了 |
[05:08] | Sounds like something you can bring out on cross. | 听起来你可以在交叉质询时好好问问 |
[05:12] | You can have a standing objection, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 你可以收回你的反对了 |
[05:14] | If the witness has nothing of evidentiary value, | 如果证言没有任何证据价值 |
[05:17] | I’ll strike her testimony and instruct the jury to disregard. | 我会排除她的证词 并指示陪审团不要采信 |
[05:20] | Call your witness. | 传你的证人吧 |
[05:23] | Miss Patel, | 帕特尔小姐 |
[05:25] | what was your relationship with the defendant and his late wife? | 你跟被告和他已故的妻子关系如何? |
[05:28] | Lara and I were friends. We worked together at Chaos Games. | 拉拉和我是朋友 我们在混沌游戏公司是同事 |
[05:33] | She and Trevor were already dating by then. | 那时她和特雷弗已经在谈恋爱了 |
[05:35] | Did the three of you spend time together? | 你们三个有没有一起相处过? |
[05:37] | Quite a bit. | 经常在一起 |
[05:39] | I was basically the third wheel for a while. | 有一段时间我基本上 就是他们的电灯泡 |
[05:41] | Then what happened? | 后来发生了什么? |
[05:43] | Eventually, Trevor cut me off. | 最终 特雷弗把我推出了局 |
[05:47] | He cut everyone off from Lara, one by one. | 他让拉拉身边的人 一个一个都断掉了联系 |
[05:51] | – Objection, Your Honor. – Sustained. | -反对 法官大人 -反对有效 |
[05:53] | This is a fact witness. | 现在是就事实作证 |
[05:54] | Jury will disregard anything that’s her opinion. | 陪审团请忽略证人的任何评论 |
[06:01] | Miss Patel, | 帕特尔小姐 |
[06:03] | did Lara Elliott confide in you about her relationship with her husband? | 拉拉埃利奥特向你透露过 她和她丈夫的关系吗? |
[06:06] | Yes. She told me more than once that she felt like… | 有 她不止一次告诉我 她觉得… |
[06:12] | Like he had taken over her life. | 他掌控了她的生活 |
[06:15] | How so? | 怎么说? |
[06:17] | Lara was the best coder I ever knew. | 拉拉是我认识的最好的程序员 |
[06:20] | She could solve problems none of the rest of us could crack. | 她可以解决我们都无法解决的问题 |
[06:25] | She should’ve been a superstar. | 她本来应该成为一个超级巨星 |
[06:28] | Instead, Trevor put her in his shadow and kept her there. | 可是特雷弗却把她 置于自己的阴影之下 把她困在那里 |
[06:33] | Objection. | 反对 反对有效 |
[06:34] | Sustained. | 反对 反对有效 |
[06:35] | First-hand observations only, Counsel. | 只采信第一手的意见 律师 |
[06:41] | What specifically did you witness Mr. Elliott do to isolate his wife? | 谈到埃利奥特先生孤立他的妻子 你具体看到过什么事情吗? |
[06:45] | For one, he encouraged her to quit her job to start Parallax with him. | 一方面 他鼓励拉拉辞掉工作 跟他一起创立了视差 |
[06:49] | But in fairness, Parallax has been very successful, hasn’t it? | 但公平地说 视差非常成功 对不对? |
[06:53] | Yes, but Parallax has always been all about Trevor. | 对 但视差一直都是以特雷弗为主 |
[06:57] | Lara might have enjoyed the money, but it was Trevor’s baby. | 拉拉也许能享受它带来的财富 但视差是特雷弗的成果 |
[07:00] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[07:02] | And did this all impact your relationship with Lara? | 这一切都影响了你和拉拉的关系吗? |
[07:04] | Absolutely. | 毫无疑问 |
[07:06] | We were part of the same circle of friends. | 我们本来是同一个朋友圈子里的人 |
[07:09] | Overnight, she suddenly ghosted all of us. | 一夜之间她就跟我们所有人断了联系 |
[07:13] | When did you last hear from her? | 她最后一次联系你是什么时候? |
[07:15] | A few days before she died. | 她被害的前几天 |
[07:19] | She… | 她… |
[07:22] | She reached out to ask me to lunch. | 她联系我一起出去吃午饭 |
[07:25] | I was surprised, I hadn’t talked to her in years. | 我很惊讶 我已经很多年没有和她说过话了 |
[07:30] | We were supposed to meet the day after she was murdered. | 我们本来约好见面的日子 正好是她被谋杀后的第二天 |
[07:38] | Miss Patel, | 帕特尔小姐 |
[07:40] | do you know why Lara Elliott reached out to you? | 你知道拉拉埃利奥特 为什么联系你吗? |
[07:44] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:46] | She just said she had something to tell me and needed to do it in person. | 她只是说她有事要告诉我 而且只能见面谈 |
[07:50] | She wanted to meet sooner, but I had a project to finish up at work. | 她本来想早点见面 但我有一个项目要交工 |
[07:55] | I’ve regretted that ever since. | 从那以后 我一直很后悔 |
[08:02] | No further questions. | 没有别的问题了 |
[08:04] | You’ve got this, right? | 这个你能搞定吧? |
[08:06] | Get your hands off me, Trevor, the jury’s watching. | 特雷弗 把你的手从我身上拿开 陪审团在盯着你呢 |
[08:11] | When was the last time you spoke to my client? | 你最后一次 跟我的客户说话是什么时候? |
[08:14] | I don’t know. It’s been years. | 我不知道 已经有好几年了 |
[08:17] | Okay. When was the last time you contacted him? | 好吧 你最后一次联系他 是什么时候? |
[08:20] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:23] | Isn’t it a fact that you sent Mr. Elliott an email | 埃利奥特先生的妻子联系你之后 |
[08:26] | just after his wife reached out to you? | 你就给他发了一封电子邮件 对吗? |
[08:28] | Yes, but I never heard back. | 对 但是我从来没收到回复 |
[08:30] | In that email, didn’t you propose to have lunch with him? | 在那封邮件里 你是不是提议跟他一起吃午饭? |
[08:34] | I threw it out there. I thought maybe we could bury the hatchet. | 我只是尝试一下 觉得我们也许可以重归于好 |
[08:38] | Isn’t it true that you’ve emailed Mr. Elliott | 过去五年里 你给埃利奥特先生 发了二十多封电子邮件 |
[08:41] | over 20 times in the last five years? | 这是不是真的? |
[08:43] | Emails to which he has rarely responded? | 他很少回复那些电子邮件 |
[08:46] | I suppose. It’s called networking. | 我觉得有吧 这叫做职场社交 |
[08:48] | So, even though you felt like Mr. Elliott was controlling Lara’s life, | 所以 即使你觉得埃利奥特先生 控制了拉拉的生活 |
[08:53] | you still tried to use your relationship for personal gain? | 你还是想利用你们的关系谋取私利? |
[08:56] | Objection. | 反对 |
[08:57] | I’ll rephrase. | 我换个问法 你希望特雷弗为你的职业生涯 提供帮助 对吗? |
[08:58] | You hoped Trevor could help you in your career? | 我换个问法 你希望特雷弗为你的职业生涯 提供帮助 对吗? |
[09:01] | – No. – No? | -没有 -没有? |
[09:02] | How long has it been since you were promoted at Chaos Games? | 你有多久 没在混沌游戏公司升过职了? |
[09:05] | Relevance, Your Honor. | 这跟本案无关 法官大人 |
[09:06] | It goes directly to her motivation | 这直接关系到她联系我的客户 |
[09:08] | for contacting and testifying against my client. | 以及作证的动机 |
[09:12] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[09:15] | So? | 所以呢? |
[09:17] | It’s been a few years, I guess. | 我猜应该有几年了吧 |
[09:20] | Six, to be exact. | 准确地说 有六年了 |
[09:22] | You were hoping Trevor would give you a fresh start at Parallax, weren’t you? | 你希望特雷弗 能让你在视差重新开始 不是吗? |
[09:27] | It wasn’t like that. | 不是那样的 |
[09:28] | Everyone’s always on the lookout for the next opportunity, but I… | 每个人都在寻找下一个机会 但我… |
[09:32] | Trevor never offered you that opportunity? | 特雷弗从来没有给过你这个机会? |
[09:35] | Not in terms of a job. No. | 在工作方面 没有 |
[09:39] | Well, you must have resented him terribly for that. | 嗯 你一定是因为这个对他记恨在心 |
[09:42] | – Objection. – No further questions. | -反对 -我问完了 |
[09:55] | We knew they’d move to dismiss. We’re just working on a way to counter. | 我们知道他们会提出撤案要求 正在准备一套反制的办法 |
[09:59] | Without your witness, Soto walks. | 你没有证人 索托就会逍遥法外 |
[10:01] | We believe we’ve identified the shooter who killed my witness. | 我们相信已经确认了 杀害我证人的枪手的身份 |
[10:04] | We just need the contents of his phone. It may link him to Soto. | 我们需要提取他手机里的内容 这样可能会把他跟索托联系起来 |
[10:07] | Maggie, you’re out of time. And frankly, you’re too close to this. | 玛姬 你没时间了 而且坦率地说 你牵扯得太深了 |
[10:13] | He had a little girl, Janelle. | 他有一个小女儿 珍妮 |
[10:16] | She lost her father because I pressured him to testify. | 她失去了父亲 全因为我强迫这位父亲作证 |
[10:19] | You did your job, it didn’t work out. It happens. | 你照章办事 没得到成果 这种事情不意外 |
[10:22] | Negative attention that would accompany a loss… | 跟败诉相关的负面消息… |
[10:24] | Wait. So this is about press? | 等等 所以你更看重媒体报道? |
[10:27] | This is about the next iteration of this office. | 这事关我们能否再次掌控这个办公室 |
[10:29] | The old saying. “Before you can do any good, you gotta get elected first.” | 老话说:“想做好事 必先当选” |
[10:35] | Whatever you have, nail it down this week, otherwise… | 不管你手上有什么 这周一定要搞定 否则… |
[10:46] | So? | 怎样? 周末之前要搞定 传唤阿尔文的电话运营商就得一个月 |
[10:47] | End of the week. It’ll take a month to subpoena Alvin’s phone carrier. | 怎样? 周末之前要搞定 传唤阿尔文的电话运营商就得一个月 |
[10:51] | He’s on parole, be easy to get a warrant. | 他还在假释期间 逮捕令很容易办下来 |
[10:53] | We can’t serve him a warrant. It’ll tip Soto off. | 我们不能向他发出逮捕令 会惊动索托 |
[10:55] | Maybe there’s a way to get his phone without tipping anybody off. | 也许有种方法 可以不用惊动任何人就拿到他的电话 |
[11:00] | Like what? | 比如? |
[11:02] | Give me a day. | 给我一天时间 (玛格丽特麦克弗森 副地区检察官) |
[11:07] | I’m Eric Loomis. | 我叫埃里克卢米斯 |
[11:08] | I work as a forensic technician for LA County crime laboratory. | 我在洛杉矶县犯罪实验室 担任法医技术员 |
[11:12] | What role were you asked to play in this investigation? | 在这次调查中 你被指派负责什么工作? |
[11:15] | I was asked to conduct tests for gunshot residue, | 我接受指示对被告 进行了枪弹残留测试 |
[11:17] | or as we call it, GSR, on the defendant. | 我们简称为GSR |
[11:20] | And what did you conclude? | 你得出了什么结论? |
[11:22] | That Mr. Elliott had large amounts of GSR on his hands and clothes. | 埃利奥特先生的双手和衣服上 有大量的GSR |
[11:26] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[11:28] | Mr. Loomis, are there ever any false positives for GSR? | 卢米斯先生 GSR是否会出现假阳性结论? |
[11:32] | There can be, generally due to transference. | 有可能 通常都是所谓的“沾染”导致的 |
[11:35] | – Transference? – Yes. | -“沾染”? -对 |
[11:37] | Say, for instance, you’re in a police station. | 举个例子说 假设你在警察局 |
[11:39] | There might be stray particles of GSR in an interview room | 如果有警探从射击场归来 |
[11:42] | if a detective had been at the shooting range, but trace amounts. | 审讯室中可能存在GSR的杂散颗粒 但都是微量级别的 |
[11:46] | Nothing like this. | 无法跟本案相提并论 |
[11:47] | Mr. Elliott’s hands and clothes were covered in GSR. | 埃利奥特先生的双手和衣服上 全都是GSR |
[11:52] | So, given the amount of GSR you found on the defendant, | 鉴于你在被告身上发现的GSR量级 |
[11:55] | you were able to dismiss the possibility this could’ve been a false positive. | 你可以排除误报的可能性 |
[12:00] | That’s correct. | 对 |
[12:36] | Sir, that’s a Gervasoni. | 先生 那可是一件吉瓦索尼 |
[12:40] | You know, I got to admit, I prefer the Maxalto. | 我得承认我更喜欢马克萨尔托 |
[12:45] | Superior wood working. | 木工更好一些 |
[12:47] | Is there something I can help you with? | 有什么我可以帮你的吗? |
[12:49] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[12:50] | Does the name Glory Days ring a bell? | 格洛丽亚戴斯这个名字有印象吗? |
[12:55] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么? |
[12:57] | She’s a, uh… | 她是… |
[12:59] | How can I put it delicately? | 这话怎么说才好听一些呢? |
[13:01] | …practitioner of the world’s oldest profession. | …世界上最古老的职业的从业者 |
[13:04] | – Mind you, I make no judgments. – I have no idea what you’re talking about. | -请注意 我不对人评头论足 -我不明白你在说什么 |
[13:09] | – But I have to ask you to leave. – No problem, Raj. | -但我不得不请你离开 -没问题 拉杰 |
[13:13] | I’ll just head over to your house, see if your wife knows anything about it | 我去你家看看你老婆知不知道 |
[13:17] | or your mother-in-law. She lives with you too, right? | 或者你岳母知不知道 她跟你们住在一起 对吧? |
[13:21] | It should be enlightening. | 应该会醍醐灌顶 |
[13:39] | Three, two, one. | 三、二、一 |
[13:42] | Okay. What do you want? Money? | 好吧 你想要什么?钱吗? |
[13:45] | Relax, Raj. | 放松 拉杰 |
[13:47] | You keep on fleecing the 1%. I just need a little bit of your help. | 你继续拿百分之一的提成 我只要你帮我个小忙 |
[13:51] | – With what? – Make a date. | -怎么帮? -约会 |
[13:54] | Bring Glory Days back to town, | 让格洛丽亚戴斯回洛杉矶一趟 |
[13:56] | and your little secret is between you, me, the Gervasoni. | 你们的小秘密就只有你、我 和那件吉瓦索尼知道 |
[14:05] | During your time at the County crime lab, | 在县犯罪实验室工作期间 |
[14:07] | how many cases would you say you’ve handled? | 你觉得自己大概处理过多少起案件? |
[14:10] | I’d say hundreds. | 差不多几百起 |
[14:12] | Was one of those cases called People vs. Oswaldo Ruiz? | 其中包括 加州人民诉奥斯瓦尔多鲁伊斯案吧? |
[14:18] | – Yes, but… – Objection. Relevance? | -对 但是… -反对 问题跟本案有关吗? |
[14:21] | It goes to the competence of the witness, Your Honor. | 这事关证人的专业能力 法官大人 |
[14:24] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[14:26] | Mr. Loomis, isn’t it true that the judge in the Ruiz case | 卢米斯先生 鲁伊斯案的法官 |
[14:30] | threw out your entire report? | 是不是拒绝了你的整份报告? |
[14:31] | That was one case. Like I said, I’ve worked hundreds. | 那只是一个特例 我刚才说过的 我经手过数百起案件 |
[14:35] | I’d like to enter defense exhibit A, Your Honor. | 我想展示辩护物证A 法官大人 |
[14:42] | Sidebar, please, Your Honor? | 法官大人 能否上前面谈? |
[14:47] | The People haven’t been given this document in discovery. | 公诉方收到的证据开示里 没有这份文件 |
[14:50] | Newly discovered evidence, Your Honor. An anonymous whistleblower. | 这是新发现的证据 法官大人 有人匿名举报 |
[14:53] | Anonymous? Seriously? There’s no chain of custody. | 匿名的?你是认真的? 没有物证保管链信息 |
[14:56] | How do we know it’s legitimate? | 我们怎么知道这文件是真的? |
[14:59] | Gee. I don’t know, maybe I’ll ask the witness to verify it. | 我不知道 也许我可以请证人核实一下 |
[15:02] | Okay, stop it. | 算了 别胡闹了 |
[15:03] | You both are throwing elbows with discovery. | 你们在证据开示上针锋相对 |
[15:06] | My tolerance is not infinite, | 我的忍耐是有极限的 |
[15:08] | but I’ll allow Mr. Haller to show the witness the exhibit. | 但我允许哈勒先生向证人展示物证 |
[15:10] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[15:12] | Is this a copy of the report you filed in the Ruiz case? | 这是你为鲁伊斯案 提交的报告的副本吗? |
[15:16] | The one that was thrown out by the court? | 就是被法庭拒绝采信的那个? |
[15:19] | – Yeah. – And why was it thrown out? | -对 -为什么被拒绝采信了? |
[15:21] | The defendant had elements of GSR in his hands, | 被告人双手有GSR成分 |
[15:24] | but I failed to consider he could’ve been exposed to them | 但我没有考虑到 他从事的是工业工程师的工作 |
[15:27] | because of his work as an industrial engineer. | 因此有可能接触到它们 |
[15:29] | So, right before this case, you filed a report that was so flawed, | 所以 就在本案开庭之前 你提交了一份有缺陷的报告 |
[15:32] | it was thrown out | 被法庭拒绝采信 |
[15:34] | and now you want this jury to accept your expert opinion? | 而你现在想让在座的陪审团 接受你的专家意见? |
[15:38] | Well, it’s not just my opinion. | 好吧 这不只是我的意见 |
[15:43] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[15:45] | This is professionally humiliating, | 这真是职业耻辱 |
[15:47] | but my supervisor, Dr. Tan, | 但自从鲁伊斯案以来 |
[15:50] | has been double-checking all of my work since the Ruiz case. | 我的主管谭博士 一直在仔细检查我的所有工作 |
[15:53] | That’s why her initials are at the bottom of my report. | 这就是她在我报告的底部小签的原因 |
[15:58] | Her initials? | 她的小签? |
[16:07] | – Approach, Your Honor? – Now what? | -法官大人 请求面谈 -什么? |
[16:12] | My copy of the witness report has no initials on it. | 我的证人报告副本上没有小签 (化验师:埃里克卢米斯) |
[16:22] | It’s true. No initials on the defense’s copy. | 说得对 辩方副本上没有小签 |
[16:27] | It’s simply a bad photocopy. See where it’s cut off at the bottom. | 这只是一个糟糕的复印件 底部能看得出来小签没有复印完整 |
[16:31] | There’s just the top of the initials there. | 只复印上了小签的上半部分 |
[16:33] | Sorry, but we DAs don’t have the resources high-priced defense attorneys have. | 抱歉 但是我们地区检察官 没有高价辩护律师所拥有的资源 |
[16:38] | Are you representing to me as an officer of the court, this an honest mistake? | 你是在向我这个法庭官员表示 这是一个无心之失吗? |
[16:42] | Absolutely, Your Honor. I didn’t know about the Ruiz case, | 绝对的 法官大人 鲁伊斯案我不知情 |
[16:45] | so I would have no reason to obscure the supervisor’s initials. | 所以我没有理由掩盖主管的小签 |
[16:50] | My apologies to the court and to Mr. Haller. | 我向法庭和哈勒先生道歉 |
[16:54] | Your Honor, the jury… | 法官大人 陪审团… |
[16:56] | Mr. Haller, if you’d taken the continuance the court had offered, | 哈勒先生 如果你当初接受了 本庭提出的延期 |
[16:59] | perhaps you would’ve had time to properly examine the document. | 也许你就有时间仔细审阅文档了 |
[17:03] | The evidence stands. | 证据有效 |
[17:05] | If you have any further questions for this witness, ask. | 如果你对这位证人还有任何问题 就继续问 |
[17:08] | Otherwise, it’s almost 4:30. | 没有的话 这都快4点半了 |
[17:24] | “Nothing we weren’t expecting.” | “一切都在预料之中” |
[17:26] | Were you expecting that? | 这个你预料到了吗? |
[17:27] | I told you we needed a continuance. | 我告诉过你我们需要延期 |
[17:29] | You know full well why that was impossible. | 你很清楚那为什么是不可能的 |
[17:31] | This is my life, Mickey, and yours. | 有我的一条命 米奇 还有你的一条命 |
[17:33] | The GSR is the most damning evidence they have against you, | GSR是他们手上对你最不利的证据 |
[17:36] | you can’t explain how it got there. | 但你无法解释是怎么沾上的 |
[17:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:39] | I reached down to touch my wife’s body | 我伸手摸了摸我妻子的身体 |
[17:42] | to see if there was any chance she was still alive. | 看她是不是还有一口气 |
[17:45] | Maybe that’s how it got on my hands. | 也许这就是我的手上有痕迹的原因 |
[17:47] | The man said you were covered in it. | 那个人说你身上到处都是 |
[17:49] | It wasn’t from firing a gun, Mickey. | 不是开枪弄的 米奇 |
[17:51] | We had this case won and you threw it away. | 我们本来可以打赢这个案子 但你搞砸了 |
[17:53] | No, that wasn’t me. | 没有 我没搞砸 |
[17:54] | Fuck that. Of course, it was. | 去他妈的 当然是你搞砸的 |
[17:56] | Now look where we are. | 看看我们现在的处境 |
[17:57] | I wish Jerry was still my attorney ’cause at least he had a fucking plan. | 我希望杰瑞仍然是我的律师 因为他至少还有一套计划 (人到罪除) |
[18:15] | Heading home? | 回家? |
[18:17] | The office. | 去办公室 |
[18:19] | You can leave the car and go. It’s gonna be a long night. | 你停好车就走吧 今晚我会加班到很晚 |
[18:22] | Copy that. | 好的 |
[18:28] | We missed you last night at the meeting. | 你昨晚没去参加聚会 |
[18:32] | You went? | 你去了? |
[18:39] | My ex is in town, doing a show. We had dinner. | 我前任来洛杉矶演出 我们一起吃了晚饭 |
[18:41] | Oh, yeah? How did that go? | 真的?怎么样? |
[18:44] | Amazing. | 很好 |
[18:46] | Awful. | 很糟 |
[18:49] | Sometimes both at once. | 有时会搅在一起 |
[18:53] | But honestly, though, better than I would’ve thought. | 但说真话 比我想象的好一点 |
[18:58] | That’s good, then, right? | 那就挺好的 不是吗? |
[19:03] | Yeah. | 对 (伊莱维姆斯 事由:案件认罪协议的处置) |
[19:22] | Okay, Mr. Geary, that is enough for tonight. | 好了 吉里大爷 今晚到此为止吧 |
[19:26] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[19:28] | What’s “hmm”? | “嗯”什么? |
[19:29] | Mickey told me he was back working for the Road Saints, | 米奇告诉我又接了马路圣徒的案子 |
[19:32] | but there’s no retainer. | 但是这账上没有预付款 |
[19:33] | – You’re going over the books? – I’m curious. | -你在查账? -我就是好奇 |
[19:36] | It’s unlike Mickey not to get his money in advance. | (客户预付款台账) 不先收钱可不是米奇的风格 |
[19:40] | Maybe they paid in cash and it just hasn’t shown up yet. | 也许他们用现金付的 只是还没有入账 |
[19:43] | Yeah. Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[19:45] | Cisco… | 西斯科 |
[19:51] | What? | 怎么了? |
[19:53] | – Nothing. | – Nothing. -没什么 -没什么 |
[19:57] | Let’s not bother him with this until after the Elliott trial, okay? | 埃利奥特庭审结束之后 咱们再跟他谈这个 好吗? |
[20:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:16] | We’re gonna head out. | 你不需要什么的话 |
[20:18] | Unless you need anything. | 我们这就要走了 |
[20:21] | I left you some food in the refrigerator. | 我在冰箱里给你留了点吃的 |
[20:23] | Quinoa salad with beets. | 藜麦沙拉配甜菜 |
[20:26] | It’s brain food, you eat too much meat. | 对大脑好 你吃太多肉了 |
[20:28] | Do I? | 太多了? |
[20:31] | I’m missing something, Lorna. | 劳娜 我有些事情想不通 |
[20:34] | I’ve been missing something since I got this case. | 我接手这件案子以来 一直有些事情想不通 |
[20:37] | Now, I have no time. | 现在我没时间了 |
[20:40] | Eli Wyms. | 伊莱维姆斯 |
[20:42] | What about him? | 他怎么了? |
[20:43] | The guy fires off an arsenal at a bunch of cops. | 那个家伙朝一群警察开了枪 |
[20:45] | And you got him a plea deal for illegal discharge of a firearm. | 你帮他搞定的协议 只认了非法开枪一项罪名 |
[20:49] | That is crazy good. | 真是太出色了 |
[20:51] | What are you saying, Lorna? | 劳娜 你在说什么? |
[20:54] | I am saying | 我就是说 |
[20:56] | that you are Mickey fucking Haller. | 你他妈的真是米奇哈勒 |
[21:01] | You got this. | 你能搞定的 |
[21:04] | Okay? | 明白吗? |
[22:17] | I think better on the road. | 我在路上思路更好一些 |
[22:19] | So you’ve said. | 你以前说过 |
[22:20] | One of the things about this job is you can’t just look at something once. | 这份工作的一个特点是 事情你不能只看一次就不管了 |
[22:24] | You keep looking until you understand every possible thing it could mean. | 你得一直思考 直到你理解 它可能意味着的每一种可能性 |
[22:29] | Being in motion helps me do that. I don’t know why. | 动起来可以帮助我做到这一点 我也不知道为什么 |
[22:32] | To see what’s right in front of you is a constant struggle. | 看清眼前的一切 是一场持续不断的斗争 |
[22:35] | Is that George Orwell? | 那是乔治奥威尔的话吗? |
[22:37] | Mmm-mmm. My grandmother. | 我奶奶的 |
[22:39] | Though now that you mention it… | 既然现在你提到这个… (无罪) (雅典娜神殿赌场) (夜曲传说) (洛杉矶县警署 车辆维修厂) |
[24:36] | I had this client once, she was a burglar. Not just any burglar. | 我接过一个客户 她是个窃贼 不是简简单单的窃贼 |
[24:40] | She was a safe cracker. She used to tell me about it. | 她专门找保险箱开 她曾经跟我聊起过这种事 |
[24:43] | The rush she got when she solved the last digit | 当她破解最后一个数字 齿轮开始转动时 |
[24:46] | and the gears started to move. | 她就会很兴奋 |
[24:48] | Finding out what was inside the safe was secondary. | 看看保险箱有什么反而是次要的了 |
[24:51] | ‘Cause the jobs weren’t about the money. | 因为工作不是为了钱 |
[24:54] | They were about that magic moment when the gears click into place. | 而是为了齿轮咔嚓一声到位 那个神奇的时刻 |
[25:00] | I never cracked a safe. | 我从来没有破解过保险箱 |
[25:02] | But I know all about that moment. | 但是那种心情我非常理解 |
[25:08] | I found it. Jerry’s magic bullet. | 我找到杰瑞的魔法子弹了 |
[25:10] | I get it now, all of it. I get it. And I need you two to help me fire it. | 我现在明白了 全都明白了 我需要你们两个帮我把它打出去 |
[25:14] | Did you sleep here? | 你在这过夜了? 那不要紧 那个弹道学专家 叫什么名字来着? |
[25:15] | Never mind. The ballistics expert. What’s her name? | 你在这过夜了? 那不要紧 那个弹道学专家 叫什么名字来着? |
[25:18] | Dr. Arslanian. I sent her the file. | 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 我把文件发给她了 |
[25:20] | But nothing she could say would contradict the State’s case. | 但是她说 她没有任何与控方相矛盾的东西 |
[25:22] | Don’t worry. Get her to court. I’ll deal with it. | 别担心 安排她出庭 剩下的我来解决 |
[25:25] | Remember the guy from the video? I know who he is. Bring him, too. | 还记得录像里的那个人吗? 我知道他是谁了 也把他带上 |
[25:28] | All right, come on, let’s go. | 好了 咱们出发吧 |
[25:30] | Good. Come on. | 好 走吧 |
[25:34] | Mr. Muniz, what do you do for a living? | 穆尼兹先生 你靠什么谋生? |
[25:36] | I’m a freelance videographer. | 我是一名自由摄影师 |
[25:38] | Videographer of what? | 拍什么东西的? |
[25:40] | I monitor the police scanners for high-profile crimes. | 我监听警用频段 查找重大犯罪的线索 |
[25:44] | Then I go shoot video of the crime scenes and sell it to media. | 然后我去拍摄犯罪现场的视频 再卖给媒体 |
[25:47] | And did you shoot any video relating to Trevor Elliott? | 你有没有拍摄任何 与特雷弗埃利奥特有关的视频? |
[25:50] | I did. | 拍过 辩方提请展示证物B |
[25:51] | The defense would like to mark exhibit B. | 拍过 辩方提请展示证物B |
[25:56] | I shot for over an hour. | 我拍了大约一个小时 |
[25:58] | But it’s Mr. Elliott sitting in the back of a patrol car | 但都是埃利奥特先生坐在巡逻车后排 |
[26:01] | until homicide detectives arrive. | 直到凶杀案警探到场 |
[26:03] | Was that the only video you shot in Malibu that day? | 那天你在马里布 是不是只拍了这一条视频? |
[26:05] | Well, that day, yes, but I was also in Malibu the night before. | 那一天只有这条 但我前一天晚上也在马里布 |
[26:10] | – Why was that? – Objection. What possible relevance? | -那是为什么? -反对 这跟本案无关 |
[26:13] | All will be revealed in the fullness of time. | 一切都将最终揭晓 |
[26:16] | Keep the fishing brief. | 要简略 |
[26:19] | There was an incident around 2:00 a.m. up in Topanga State Park. | 凌晨2点左右 在托潘加州立公园出现警情 |
[26:22] | A guy shot off rounds at some Sheriff’s deputies. | 有人向几位副警探开枪 |
[26:25] | Is that footage on here, too? | 那段录像也在这里吗? |
[26:27] | Yes, sir. | 在 先生 |
[26:33] | Objection, Your Honor. Again, relevance? | 反对 法官大人 这还是跟本案无关 |
[26:36] | This other footage wasn’t turned over in discovery. | 这段另外的录像 没有作为证据开示交换 |
[26:39] | It was, actually. | 其实交换过了 法官大人 全部视频都已经提交为证据 |
[26:40] | The entire contents of the footage was put into evidence, Your Honor. | 其实交换过了 法官大人 全部视频都已经提交为证据 |
[26:44] | It’s not my fault you didn’t watch the whole thing. | 你没有全部过目不是我的过错 |
[26:46] | Get where you going. | 别拐弯抹角了 |
[26:48] | Almost there, Judge. | 法官大人 马上就好了 |
[26:49] | You heard over your scanner about a shooting in Topanga State Park? | 你通过监听器发现 托潘加州立公园 发生了枪击事件 对不对? |
[26:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:05] | Recall the shooter’s name? | 还记得枪手的名字吗? |
[27:08] | Uh, I believe it was Eli Wyms. | 我记得是伊莱维姆斯 |
[27:10] | He was a sniper in the Marines, I heard. | 我听说他是海军陆战队的狙击手 |
[27:13] | Indeed, he was. Thank you, Mr. Muniz. | 他的确是 谢谢你 穆尼兹先生 |
[27:16] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 法官大人 我没有问题了 |
[27:26] | Mr. Muniz, I’m sorry, but I’m just trying to connect the dots | 对不起 穆尼兹先生 我只是在思考 |
[27:30] | on how this has anything to do | 如何能把这件事联系到 |
[27:31] | with the murders of Lara Elliott and Jan Rilz. | 拉拉埃利奥特和杨瑞尔兹的谋杀案上 |
[27:34] | Were any of the same deputies involved in the arrest of Mr. Wyms and Mr. Elliott? | 是否有相同的副警探参与过 维姆斯先生和埃利奥特先生的逮捕? |
[27:39] | I don’t think so. | 我觉得没有 |
[27:40] | The two incidents took place about 12 hours apart. | 两起案件相隔大约12小时 |
[27:44] | So, are you aware | 那么 您是否知道 |
[27:45] | of any connection at all between these two crimes? | 这两起犯罪行为之间有任何联系? |
[27:48] | No, sir. I just shot footage of both. | 我不知道 我只是拍到了两起案件的视频 |
[27:52] | Busy day for Malibu. | 马里布那天不太平 |
[27:54] | Oh. | |
[27:56] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[28:00] | What the hell was that about? | 那到底是怎么回事? (西斯科 找到他了) |
[28:17] | Mr. Aquino, I need you to step out now so I can search you. | 阿基诺先生 我需要你立刻下车接受我的搜查 |
[28:21] | Is there a problem, Officer? | 有问题吗 警官? |
[28:22] | We ran your license, came back you’re on parole. | 我们检索了你的驾照 发现你正在假释期间 |
[28:25] | That gives us the right to search you and your vehicle for contraband. | 这让我们有权搜查你和你的车辆 看看有没有违禁品 |
[28:28] | Step out of the vehicle. Put your hands on your head. | 下车 把手放在头上 |
[28:35] | This is some bullshit. | 真是胡扯 |
[28:38] | Focus on doing what we tell you to do, sir. | 先生 请服从我们对你的指令 |
[28:50] | I’m telling you, I didn’t do nothing. | 我跟你说 我什么都没干 |
[28:51] | Then you’ll be on your way in no time. | 然后你很快就会重新上路 |
[29:11] | I can only buy you ten minutes. | 我只能给你搞定十分钟时间 |
[29:23] | Cisco’s about 15 minutes out. | 西斯科大概15分钟后到 |
[29:25] | – All right. – You sure this is gonna work? | -好吧 -你确定这能行? |
[29:28] | We’re about to find out. | 马上就揭晓了 |
[29:32] | All right, just fix that. | 好吧 给你把褶子抚平 |
[29:38] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[29:42] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[29:49] | Mr. Haller, ready with your next witness? | 哈勒先生 你下一位证人准备好了吗? |
[29:52] | Yeah, actually, Your Honor. I was just, uh… | 准备好了 其实 法官大人 我得… |
[29:55] | I, uh… | 我… |
[29:57] | Can I have just one moment to confer with a member of my staff? | 我可以花一点时间 跟我的员工商量一下吗? |
[30:01] | – Quickly. – Thank you, Your Honor. | -要快 -谢谢您 法官大人 |
[30:07] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢了 哥们 |
[30:09] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 法官大人 谢谢您 |
[30:10] | The defense calls Dennis Byrne to the stand. | 辩护方传唤丹尼斯伯恩作证 |
[30:13] | Objection. Sidebar? | 反对 可以上前讨论吗? |
[30:17] | This witness was not on the defense’s list. | 这位证人不在辩护方的名单上 |
[30:20] | That’s because I just learned his name a few seconds ago. | 那是因为我几秒钟前才知道他的名字 |
[30:23] | Putting on a witness you’ve never spoken to? | 安排一个你从来没有交谈过的证人? |
[30:25] | I know who he is. | 我知道他是谁 |
[30:26] | This isn’t the first time somebody’s put on a witness that wasn’t on the list. | 这不是第一次 有人传唤不在名单上的证人 |
[30:30] | I haven’t had time to prepare for questioning this witness. | 我还没来得及准备如何询问证人 |
[30:33] | That makes two of us. We’re in the same boat here. | 彼此彼此 我们是一条船上的 |
[30:37] | What’s good for the goose, Mr. Golantz. | 你们两个处境相同 葛兰兹先生 |
[30:40] | – But this is it, Mr. Haller. – Thank you, Your Honor. | -但是下不为例 哈勒先生 -谢谢您 法官大人 |
[30:50] | Can you please tell the jury what you do for a living, Mr. Byrne? | 伯恩先生 你能告诉陪审团 你的职业吗? |
[30:54] | I work as a mechanic for the LA County Sheriff’s Office. | 我是洛杉矶县警署的汽车机修师 |
[30:57] | – So, you maintain police cars? – Yes. | -所以你维护警车? -对 |
[30:59] | Those vehicles got a lot of mileage. | 这些车辆天天在外面跑 |
[31:02] | Must be a busy job. | 你的工作一定很忙 |
[31:03] | Some of them are in use for three shifts a day. | 其中一些车辆每天要三班倒 |
[31:05] | So yeah, keeping ’em up and running keeps us pretty busy. | 所以 为了让它们保持正常行驶 我们很忙 |
[31:09] | Mr. Byrne, I’d like to draw your attention | 伯恩先生我想请你回忆一下 |
[31:11] | back to the early morning of September 6th. | 9月6日凌晨 |
[31:14] | There was an incident in Topanga State Park. | 托潘加州立公园发生了一起警情 |
[31:16] | A drunk ex-Marine shot at some Sheriff’s deputies, | 一个喝醉了的前海军陆战队员 向几位副警探开枪 |
[31:19] | do you recall any of that? | 那件事你有什么印象吗? |
[31:20] | Yeah, I remember it. | 对 我记得 |
[31:22] | One of the SUVs had its spotlight shot out. | 有一辆越野车的探照灯被打坏了 |
[31:24] | I brought the records with me. | 我带了维修记录 |
[31:26] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 跟本案无关 |
[31:27] | Again, nobody is accusing Trevor Elliott of firing at a police car. | 我再强调一次 没有人指控 特雷弗埃利奥特向警车开枪 |
[31:31] | Get to the point, Mr. Haller. | 哈勒先生 请切入正题 |
[31:37] | This is Mr. Wyms’ arrest. | 这是维姆斯先生被捕的录像 |
[31:42] | Is that the same vehicle, the one brought to you to be repaired? | 这就是送给你去修的那辆车吧? |
[31:47] | Yeah. You can see the shot out spotlight. | 对 你能看到探照灯被打坏了 |
[31:50] | How much time did you have to repair that vehicle? | 你有多少时间修理那辆车? |
[31:54] | An hour. We needed to get it back on the street. | 一个小时 我们得让它重新上路 |
[31:56] | I see. | 明白了 |
[31:57] | Do you normally clean the cars that are brought to you? | 你通常会清洗 送给你们修理的车辆吗? |
[32:01] | Exterior? Interior? | 车外?车里? |
[32:03] | Normally, but not this one. Like I said, we only had an hour. | 通常情况下会洗车 但这辆车没有 就像我说的 我们那天只有一个小时 |
[32:06] | All we could do was repair the light and fill it with gas. | 我们来得及做的 就是修好车灯然后加了油 |
[32:11] | Thank you. No further questions. | 谢谢你 没有问题了 |
[32:21] | I have no questions for this witness. | 我对这位证人没有问题 |
[32:25] | Witness is excused. | 证人可以离席了 |
[32:27] | Anyone else, Mr. Haller? | 哈勒先生有别的证人吗? |
[32:29] | Yes, Your Honor, the defense calls Dr. Myriam Arslanian to the stand. | 有 法官大人 辩护方传唤 梅瑞安阿尔斯拉尼安博士作证 |
[32:37] | Dr. Arslanian, can you please tell the jury | 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 您能不能告诉陪审团 |
[32:39] | your area of expertise and credentials? | 您的专业方向和资历? |
[32:41] | I am a forensic scientist. | 我是法医科学家 |
[32:43] | I have a BA from Harvard in engineering and a master’s degree and PhD from MIT. | 我拥有哈佛工程专业学士学位 以及麻省理工的硕士和博士学位 |
[32:48] | Wow. Is that it? | 就这么点吗? |
[32:51] | Actually, while I was at Harvard, | 其实 我在哈佛时 |
[32:53] | I also got a bachelor’s degree from Berklee College of Music. | 还在伯克利音乐学院拿了个学士学位 |
[32:57] | – I went to both at the same time. – You have a music degree, too? | -我同时修了两个学位 -您还有个音乐学位? |
[33:00] | I like to sing. | 我喜欢唱歌 |
[33:01] | Ah. | |
[33:04] | Your focus in forensic science includes ballistics? | 您在法医学的研究是否包括弹道学? |
[33:07] | It does. | 包括 |
[33:08] | It’s our lucky day | 今天我们真走运 |
[33:09] | because I have a report from the County crime lab | 因为我有一份 来自县犯罪实验室的报告 |
[33:12] | asserting that my client, Trevor Elliott, | 声称我的委托人特雷弗埃利奥特手上 |
[33:15] | had a large amount of gunshot residue on his hands. | 有大量枪弹残留物 |
[33:18] | – Are you familiar with this? – Yes, I’ve reviewed it. | -您熟悉这份报告吗? -熟悉 我已经审阅过了 |
[33:20] | – What is your assessment of it? – Oh. I agree with it. Absolutely. | -您对此有何评价? -我完全同意 |
[33:24] | So, you agree that my client had a large amount of gunshot residue | 所以您也认同 我的客户的手和衣服上 |
[33:28] | on his hands and his clothes? | 有大量的枪弹残留物吗? |
[33:30] | A massive amount, actually. | 实际上 当量很高 |
[33:32] | Much more than you’d normally have from just firing a gun once or twice. | 比通常情况下 开一两枪的当量要高得多 |
[33:36] | Is there any way that Mr. Elliott | 有没有什么可能 |
[33:38] | could have gotten that much gunshot residue on his hands | 埃利奥特先生的双手 在没开枪的情况下 |
[33:41] | without actually firing a gun? | 就会有那么多枪弹残留物? |
[33:44] | Only through what we call transference. | 只有一种可能 就是我们所谓的“沾染” |
[33:46] | Transference? | “沾染”? |
[33:47] | I believe the People’s expert mentioned that. | 我相信公诉方的专家提到过这一点 |
[33:50] | Can you elaborate? | 您细说一下好吗? |
[33:52] | If you’re exposed to something, | 如果你接触到某些东西 |
[33:53] | you can pick it up on your hands or clothes, | 你的手上或衣服上就会携带上痕迹 |
[33:56] | but given the amount of residue on Mr. Elliott, | 但考虑到 埃利奥特先生身上的残留物当量 |
[34:00] | he would have to have been exposed to a truly overwhelming amount of GSR. | 他得接触到 非常大量的枪弹残留物才会这样 |
[34:05] | Dr. Arslanian, I’d like you to take a look at this video. | 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 我想请您看看这段视频 |
[34:11] | Do you see a man being loaded into a Sheriff’s vehicle? | 你看到的是不是一个人 被押进警长的车里? |
[34:14] | Yes. | 是 |
[34:17] | We established that this man’s name is Eli Wyms | 我们确定这个人名叫伊莱维姆斯 |
[34:20] | and that he fired over 90 rounds of ammunition that night. | 而且那天晚上他击发了90多发子弹 |
[34:24] | He was then loaded into the back of this patrol vehicle | 然后他被押进这辆巡逻车的后座 |
[34:26] | and driven to the County jail. | 被送往县监狱 |
[34:28] | Your Honor, I must object. | 法官大人 我必须反对 |
[34:30] | I don’t think so, Mr. Golantz. | 我觉得没有道理 葛兰兹先生 |
[34:32] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[34:33] | Dr. Arslanian, in a situation like I just described, | 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 在我刚才描述的情况下 |
[34:36] | how much gunshot residue | 有多少枪弹残留物 |
[34:38] | would be transferred into the backseat of that patrol car? | 会沾染到那辆巡逻车的后座上? |
[34:42] | If someone fired 90 rounds of ammunition, | 如果有人打出90发子弹 |
[34:45] | the amount of gunshot residue would be off the charts. | 枪击残留物的数量将无法计数 |
[34:50] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对 推测 |
[34:52] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[34:53] | Can you please read the number on the top of that patrol vehicle, | 您能读一下 那辆巡逻车顶部的编号吗? |
[34:57] | the one with the spotlight shot out? | 就是探照灯被打坏的那辆车 |
[34:59] | Mmm-hmm. It says 112. | 是112 |
[35:01] | 112. | |
[35:08] | This is my client, Trevor Elliott, | 这是我的客户特雷弗埃利奥特 |
[35:10] | being loaded into the back of a Sheriff’s vehicle 12 hours later. | 12小时后被押进警车的后座 |
[35:13] | Can you read the number on the top of that vehicle? | 您能读一下那辆车顶部的编号吗? |
[35:17] | It’s 112. | 是112 |
[35:19] | We established that this vehicle was not cleaned | 我们已经证明 这辆车在维姆斯先生下车 |
[35:21] | between the time Mr. Wyms rode in it and the time Mr. Elliott was placed in it. | 与埃利奥特先生上车之间 没有被清洗过 |
[35:27] | So, Dr. Arslanian, in your opinion, could that account for the gunshot residue | 阿尔斯拉尼安博士 在您看来 这是否可以解释我委托人手上的 |
[35:31] | on my client’s hands? | 枪弹残留物? |
[35:33] | In my opinion, given the staggering amount of GSR, | 在我看来 鉴于车内GSR的惊人当量 |
[35:37] | it’s the only thing that could account for it. | 这是唯一可以说得通的原因 |
[35:55] | What’s it like, that moment? | 那个时刻 感觉如何? |
[35:57] | What moment? | 什么时刻? |
[35:59] | The moment when you know you’ve won. | 你知道自己已经赢了的时候 |
[36:02] | You never really know for sure. | 你永远都没法确信 |
[36:04] | Sometimes, it’s not enough just to create doubt. | 有时候 仅仅制造怀疑是不够的 |
[36:07] | If your client is the hero of the story, | 如果你的客户是故事的主人公 |
[36:10] | sometimes you gotta give the jury a villain, too. | 有时你也得给陪审团设定一个恶棍 |
[36:19] | Let’s bring this home. | 咱们去赢下来吧 |
[36:25] | Hello again, Detective Kinder. | 又见面了 金德警探 |
[36:27] | Counsel. | 律师 |
[36:28] | Last time you were here, | 上次你来作证的时候 |
[36:29] | I asked you about a man named Anton Shavar. | 我问过你一个叫安东史瓦尔的人 |
[36:32] | Do you recall? | 你记得吗? 记得 |
[36:33] | Yes. | 你记得吗? 记得 |
[36:34] | I said there was evidence Mr. Shavar | 我说过 有证据表明 史瓦尔先生 |
[36:36] | threatened Jan Rilz for having an affair with his wife. | 因为杨瑞尔兹跟他的妻子有染 而威胁过他 |
[36:38] | You told the court you knew nothing about this, correct? | 你向法庭宣称对此一无所知 对吗? |
[36:42] | That’s correct. | 对 |
[36:45] | You know anything more as you sit here today? | 你今天既然来了 能想起更多的事情吗? |
[36:49] | I know that no restraining order was ever granted. | 我知道从来没有下达过任何限制令 |
[36:51] | But you do know one was filed by Mr. Rilz against Mr. Shavar. | 但你确实知道 瑞尔兹先生提交过 针对史瓦尔先生的限制令申请 |
[36:55] | I’m now aware of that, yes. | 对 我现在知道了 |
[36:57] | Now tell me something, Detective, if you discover that a murder victim | 警探 现在告诉我一件事 如果你发现一个谋杀受害者 |
[37:02] | had filed for a restraining order because someone threatened to kill him, | 因为有人威胁要杀死他 而申请了限制令 |
[37:05] | wouldn’t that be a strong lead you would normally investigate? | 通常情况下 这不应该是你要调查的重要线索吗? |
[37:09] | Of course it would. | 当然了 |
[37:11] | But as I already testified, we weren’t aware of Mr. Shavar until now. | 但正如我已经作证的那样 我们直到现在才知道史瓦尔先生 |
[37:16] | Does that mean you still haven’t questioned Mr. Shavar? | 这是否意味着 你还没有过质问过史瓦尔先生? |
[37:20] | Correct. | 对 |
[37:21] | Oh. No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[37:26] | Did looking into Anton Shavar | 调查安东史瓦尔 |
[37:28] | change your opinion as to the defendant’s guilt? | 是否改变了你对被告有罪的看法? |
[37:30] | No, it did not. | 没有改变 |
[37:32] | And why is that? | 为什么呢? |
[37:33] | For one thing, we looked into Mr. Shavar’s whereabouts. | 一方面 我们调查了 史瓦尔先生的行踪 |
[37:36] | Turns out, he was in Miami on business during the time of the murders. | 发现谋杀案发生期间 他正在迈阿密出差 |
[37:41] | Thank you. Nothing further. Your Honor, may we approach? | 谢谢 没有问题了 法官大人 是否可以上前讨论? |
[37:46] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[37:48] | At this rate, | 但是按照这个速度 我得开始向你们收场地租金 |
[37:49] | I should start charging you both rent. | 但是按照这个速度 我得开始向你们收场地租金 |
[37:51] | It is obvious where this is going. Mr. Haller intends to call Mr. Shavar | 这种把戏很明显 哈勒先生打算传唤史瓦尔先生 |
[37:55] | to paint him as a straw man. | 再针对他玩弄稻草人把戏 |
[37:56] | Now you’re reading my mind. | 现在你读懂了我的心思 |
[37:57] | If they wanted to make this third-party culpability, | 如果他们想要引向第三方责任辩护 |
[38:00] | they should’ve filed for it, court would’ve held a hearing. | 他们应该早就提起动议 让法庭就此举行听证 |
[38:02] | They’re trying to slip it through the back door. | 现在他们这么做 不是正当的方式 |
[38:04] | If the police had run a thorough investigation, | 如果警方当初进行了彻底调查 |
[38:07] | I’m sure Jerry Vincent | 我敢肯定 杰瑞文森特 |
[38:08] | would’ve filed a third-party motion months ago. | 几个月前就该提出第三方动议了 |
[38:11] | People move to suppress any third-party defense, | 公诉方无论是在程序上还是在实质上 |
[38:13] | both on procedural and substantive grounds. | 都反对任何第三方辩论动议 |
[38:16] | I blew up your case. | 我戳破了你的假想 |
[38:17] | A case that was built on exactly the same foundation as this, | 你的假想跟我这里要构建的辩护 其实有着同样的基础 |
[38:20] | a husband scorned. | 就是丈夫发现红杏出墙 |
[38:21] | The core of our entire defense | 我们整个的辩护核心论点 |
[38:23] | has always been that the police got tunnel vision. | 一直是警察的调查过于狭隘 |
[38:26] | They got their man, they stopped looking. | 一旦他们确认谁是罪犯 就不再继续调查了 |
[38:32] | Call your witness. | 传唤你的证人 |
[38:34] | Please state your name. | 请报上你的名字 |
[38:36] | Anton Shavar. | 安东史瓦尔 |
[38:38] | What do you do, Mr. Shavar? | 史瓦尔先生 你从事哪一行? |
[38:40] | I run a private security and intelligence firm. | 我经营一家私人安全和情报公司 |
[38:43] | That’s an interesting job. | 这是一份有趣的工作 |
[38:44] | How did you get into that? | 你是怎么入行的? |
[38:47] | I have a background in intelligence in Israel. | 我有以色列情报方面的背景 |
[38:50] | So you were in the Mossad? | 所以你以前是摩萨德的人? |
[38:53] | I did not say that. | 我没这么说过 |
[38:54] | But I need you to answer the question. Were you in the Mossad? | 但我需要你回答这个问题 你在摩萨德工作过吗? |
[38:57] | An organization known to carry out targeted assassinations. | 一个以进行有针对性的暗杀 而闻名的组织 |
[39:00] | – Objection! – Your Honor, if I may? | -反对! -法官大人 我可以发言吗? |
[39:04] | Who are you? | 你是哪位? |
[39:05] | I’m Mr. Shavar’s counsel. | 我是史瓦尔先生的律师 |
[39:07] | Mr. Shavar’s past employment in Israel, | 史瓦尔先生过去在以色列的工作经历 |
[39:09] | whatever it may be, has no bearing on this case. | 与此案无关 |
[39:12] | It could jeopardize the national security of one of this country’s closest allies. | 它可能危及 我国最亲密的盟友之一的国家安全 |
[39:17] | It’s all right. I’ll take that as a yes. | 没关系 你这说法我觉得就是承认了 |
[39:19] | Move to strike. | 公诉方申请无视 |
[39:21] | Granted. The jury will disregard Mr. Haller’s last remark. | 同意 陪审团请排除 哈勒先生最后一句评论 |
[39:25] | Very well, let’s move on. What was your relationship with Jan Rilz? | 很好 那我们继续 你和杨瑞尔兹是什么关系? |
[39:30] | I didn’t have one. We only met that one time. | 没什么关系 我们只见过一面 |
[39:33] | When you threatened to kill him? | 就是你威胁要杀了他那次? |
[39:34] | I didn’t threaten to kill him. I told him to stay away from my wife. | 我没有威胁要杀了他 我告诉他要离我妻子远点 |
[39:39] | Because you learned | 因为你发现了 |
[39:40] | that he was having an affair with your wife? | 他和你妻子有染? |
[39:43] | Now my ex-wife, but yes. | 现在是我前妻了 不过是这个原因 |
[39:45] | I apologize. Now your ex-wife. | 对不起 现在是你前妻了 |
[39:47] | Did learning about her affair with Mr. Rilz | 得知她与瑞尔兹先生的婚外情 |
[39:49] | play any role in your divorce? | 对你们离婚有影响吗? |
[39:51] | – What the hell do you think? – Mr. Shavar. | -你他妈的觉得有影响吗? -史瓦尔先生 |
[39:54] | Apologies, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[39:57] | This is not a pleasant experience talking about the worst thing in my life | 在满屋子的陌生人面前 谈论我这辈子最糟糕的事情 |
[40:00] | to a room full of strangers. | 不是什么愉快的经历 |
[40:04] | Yes. My wife’s infidelity played a role in our divorce. | 是的 我妻子的不忠 对我们的离婚有影响 |
[40:09] | How did you learn about the affair? | 你是怎么发现婚外情的? |
[40:12] | A husband knows. | 一个做丈夫的觉察得到 |
[40:13] | You had her followed? | 你让人跟踪她了? |
[40:19] | – Yes. – By employees of your company? | -是的 -通过你公司的员工? |
[40:21] | I pay them for their time. | 他们为我提供的是有偿服务 |
[40:23] | And after they confirmed that your wife was cheating, | 在他们确认你妻子出轨后 |
[40:26] | you went to confront Jan Rilz at his yoga studio? | 你去过杨瑞尔兹的瑜伽馆 跟他对质吗? |
[40:29] | To tell him to stay away. | 我是去告诉他远离我妻子 |
[40:31] | All you said was “Stay away”? | 你说的只有“远离”? |
[40:33] | That’s enough to get a man to apply for a restraining order against you? | 就足以让一个男人针对你 申请人身限制令? |
[40:36] | I was angry. I imagine I used some strong language. | 我在气头上 我想我使用过一些强硬的语言 |
[40:40] | But I was in Miami on the day Mr. Rilz was murdered. You know this. | 但是瑞尔兹先生被谋杀的那天 我在迈阿密 这一点你知道 |
[40:45] | I also know your employees trailed your ex-wife. | 我也知道你的员工跟踪你的前妻 |
[40:48] | – Were they in Mossad? – Objection, Your Honor. | -他们也在摩萨德工作过吗? -反对 法官大人 |
[40:50] | On what basis? Too much relevance? | 根据什么反对?相关性太强? |
[40:52] | Sustained. Careful, Mr. Haller. | 反对有效 哈勒先生 你说话要慎重 |
[40:57] | How many of your employees are licensed to carry a gun? | 你们有多少员工有持枪执照? |
[41:01] | All of them, naturally. | 全部员工 这顺理成章 |
[41:03] | We provide high-level security, | 我们提供高级别的安全保障 |
[41:05] | but that doesn’t make me a violent man. | 但这并不会使我成为一个暴力的人 |
[41:08] | So you’re not a violent man? | 所以你不是一个暴力的人? |
[41:10] | No. I’m a careful man. | 不是 我是个慎重的人 |
[41:13] | Right. Your Honor, the defense would like to enter defense exhibit G. | 好 法官大人 辩护方请求展示证物G |
[41:19] | Funny. I must not have that one. | 有意思 我肯定没见过这件证物 |
[41:21] | It’s impeachment evidence, Your Honor. | 法官大人 这是弹劾证据 |
[41:24] | Mr. Shavar testified that he’s not a violent man. | 史瓦尔先生作证说 他不是一个暴力的人 |
[41:27] | I have a video that directly impeaches that. | 我有一段视频可以直接弹劾这一点 |
[41:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:34] | You come near me or my family again, I’ll break you like a toy. | 你敢再靠近我或我的家人 我会把你像玩具一样打碎 |
[41:39] | Is that a gun? | 那是把枪? |
[41:40] | You don’t wanna find out. | 你最好别拿自己试 |
[41:42] | Stay the fuck away from my wife! | 他妈的离我老婆远点 |
[41:47] | So you didn’t just confront Mr. Rilz, you confronted my investigator as well. | 所以你不仅跟瑞尔兹先生对质过 还跟我的调查员对质过 |
[41:53] | I was simply making a point. | 我只是在说明一个观点 |
[41:54] | – By threatening to kill him? – Objection! | -通过威胁要杀了他来说明? -反对! |
[41:57] | Withdrawn. No further questions, Your Honor. | 我收回最后一句话 法官大人 我问完了 |
[42:05] | I have two questions for you, Mr. Shavar. | 史瓦尔先生 我有两个问题要问你 |
[42:07] | Did you kill Jan Rilz? | 是你杀了杨瑞尔兹吗? |
[42:08] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[42:11] | Did you instruct any of your staff or anyone to kill Jan Rilz? | 你有没有指示过你的任何员工 或任何人杀掉杨瑞尔兹? |
[42:15] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[42:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:57] | You know for a fact I had nothing to do with this. | 你其实知道 我跟这起案子没什么关系 |
[43:02] | The things I know for a fact | 我所知道的事实 |
[43:03] | are things that happen in front of my face. | 就是发生在我面前的事情 |
[43:07] | I have a reputation, a business. | 我有我的名声和生意 |
[43:11] | I have people who work for me, | 我有为我打工的人 |
[43:13] | who rely on my good name to keep them employed. | 他们能工作 都要指望我有个好名声 |
[43:16] | Did you think about any of that | 你拿主意 |
[43:17] | before you decided to drag that name through the mud? | 往我脸上抹黑之前 考虑过他们吗? |
[43:21] | All I did was ask you some questions, Mr. Shavar. | 我所做的只不过是问了你几个问题 史瓦尔先生 |
[43:25] | Lawyers, you’re all the fucking same. | 你们这帮律师 都是他妈的一路货色 |
[43:40] | Good news is, from the GPS on his phone, | 好消息是 通过他手机上的GPS |
[43:42] | we were able to track down Aquino to within quarter mile of the murder site | 我们追踪到 阿基诺在事发前十分钟 |
[43:46] | ten minutes before it happened. | 到过距离谋杀现场400米的地方 |
[43:48] | But? | 但是? 那一刻他要么关掉了手机 要么是电池没电了 |
[43:49] | At that point, he either turned off his phone or the battery died. | 那一刻他要么关掉了手机 要么是电池没电了 |
[43:53] | We don’t have a signal after that. | 之后就没有信号了 |
[43:56] | Sounds like a man with something to hide. | 听起来像是这人有什么要掩盖的 |
[43:58] | It’s circumstantial. But yeah, guy’s our shooter. | 得按照不同情况考虑 但我们可以推断 那家伙确实是凶手 |
[44:01] | He’s gotta be. | 他必须得是 |
[44:04] | Can I ask you something? What did they pull him over for? | 我能问你一件事吗? 他们因为什么把他的车拦住的? |
[44:09] | Busted tail light, I think. | 我觉得是尾灯有故障吧 |
[44:11] | How’d it get busted? | 怎么坏的? |
[44:12] | How the hell would I know? | 我怎么会知道? |
[44:15] | Spent my rookie years in South LA. | 我刚入行的头几年在南洛杉矶 |
[44:17] | Some cops, they wanna search a gangbanger’s car, | 有些警察 如果他们想搜查黑帮的车 |
[44:19] | they got all kinds of tricks. | 可以搞出各种各样的把戏 |
[44:22] | You’re accusing me of something? | 你这是在指责我什么事情? |
[44:24] | Did politics finally get into you? | 政治最终还是影响了你? |
[44:26] | No, just need this to be airtight. | 没有 我只想滴水不漏 |
[44:28] | Bottom line, it doesn’t matter. | 归根结底都没关系 |
[44:30] | There’s not enough on the phone to nail down Aquino. | 电话里没有足够的东西来逮捕阿基诺 |
[44:33] | We gotta go old school, we gotta get him to turn on Soto. | 我们得走走老套路 得让他背叛索托 |
[44:41] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 我不知道该怎么感谢你 |
[44:44] | Well, you paid me. That’s a pretty good start. | 你付过钱了 开局不错 |
[44:50] | I’m sorry for what I said, about wishing Jerry was still my lawyer. | 我很抱歉 说过希望杰瑞仍然是我的律师 |
[44:55] | He was a good attorney. | 他是个好律师 |
[44:57] | But you… | 但是你… |
[45:01] | I appreciate that, Trevor. | 特雷弗 谢谢你这么看待我 |
[45:04] | And it’s okay. You’re under a lot of pressure. | 而且没关系的 你压力很大 |
[45:06] | The good news is, today I think we got to reasonable doubt. | 好消息是 今天我们让陪审团 产生了合理的怀疑 |
[45:11] | We gave the jury somebody else to blame. That’s all we needed to do. | 我们找了个人让陪审团责备 这正是我们需要做到的 |
[45:15] | I agree. Almost all. | 我同意 差不多完全同意 |
[45:19] | What do you mean? | 你这话是什么意思? |
[45:21] | I told you. I need to win in the court of public opinion, too. | 我告诉过你的 我也需要在舆论的法庭上获胜 |
[45:25] | And I told you that no lawyer can give you that. | 我也告诉过你 没有律师可以帮你做到这一点 |
[45:27] | Of course, only I can do that. | 当然了 只有我自己能做到 |
[45:30] | That’s why I need to testify. | 这就是为什么我得作证 |
[45:33] | Trevor, what are you talking about? | 特雷弗 你在说什么? |
[45:35] | We won. | 我们赢了 你的投资人会得到他们想要的回报 |
[45:36] | Your investors are gonna get what they want. | 我们赢了 你的投资人会得到他们想要的回报 |
[45:38] | Yeah, but I won’t. Not if I don’t clear my name. | 对 但是我还没得到啊 只有我洗清我的名声才算成功 |
[45:42] | Trevor, listen, don’t do this, all right? | 特雷弗 听我说 别犯这种傻 好吗? |
[45:46] | He will… | 他会… |
[45:53] | – What are you doing? – I have to go. | -你要干什么? -我得走了 |
[45:55] | Go? Go where? | 走?去哪里? |
[45:57] | We’ll discuss this tomorrow. | 我们明天再谈 |
[46:00] | Terrell? | 特雷尔? |
[46:01] | It’s Mickey Haller. I need your help. | 我是米奇哈勒 需要你帮个忙 |
[46:11] | – My man. – What up, Terrell? | -老兄 -你好吗 特雷尔? |
[46:13] | This is the guy I was telling you about. He gotta pop backstage for a second. | 这就是我跟你说的那个人 他得去后台呆一会儿 |
[46:17] | This is for you. | 这个是给你的 (布莱恩特) |
[46:19] | Damn. | 真棒 |
[46:23] | – Come on. – I owe you one. | -来吧 -我欠你一个人情 |
[46:25] | We’re cool. | 别客气 |
[46:26] | I told you, Mickey Haller, anytime you need me, I’m there. | 我告诉过你 米奇哈勒 任何时候你需要我 我都会效劳 |
[47:22] | What happened, Izzy? | 伊基 怎么了? |
[47:27] | She asked me to get high with her. | 她要我陪她一起嗑药 |
[47:30] | I came within a millimeter of saying yes. | 我只差一点点就答应了 |
[47:37] | That’s still on the right side of the line. | 那样你就还是没出问题啊 |
[47:40] | Come on, let’s go. Come on. | 来吧 咱们离开这里 (根据迈克尔康奈利的小说改编) |