时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:09] | What do you think she’s saying? | 你们觉得她会怎么说 |
[01:11] | She’ll probably find a way to blame Izzy. | 她很可能会设法怪在伊奇头上 |
[01:15] | She always does. | 她一直这样 |
[01:20] | They found evidence of an accelerant. | 他们发现了促燃剂 |
[01:23] | Guys said when they went in, there were, um… | 队员们说他们进去的时候 |
[01:26] | little fires everywhere. | 到处都是小火苗 |
[01:28] | What does that mean? | 那说明什么 |
[01:29] | Well, the fire didn’t just happen. It was set. | 火不是自己燃的 是有人纵火 |
[01:34] | Where’s Izzy? Is she, uh, is she around? | 伊奇在哪 她在吗 |
[01:37] | She doesn’t have anything to do with this, Lou. | 她跟这事没有关系 路 |
[01:38] | Okay, well, I’d just like to talk to her. | 好吧 我就是想跟她谈谈 |
[01:42] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[01:47] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[01:56] | Look, she’s a minor. No other homes were damaged. | 她还未成年 别人家的房子也没受损 |
[02:06] | Elena. | 埃琳娜 |
[02:08] | Someone intentionally burned down your house with you inside. | 有人故意趁你在家的时候放火烧了房子 |
[02:14] | If Izzy didn’t do this, then who did? | 如果不是伊奇 还会是谁 |
[03:34] | 1997年八月 四个月前 | |
[04:01] | 大事将临 西尔克海茨镇广场准备工作进行中 | |
[04:07] | Rise and shine! | 太阳晒屁股了 |
[04:10] | Come on, up and at ’em. | 快点 起床吃饭 |
[04:12] | Oh, my God, no. | 天啊 不 |
[04:13] | No, tell Jim if he’s not ready in time, he’s not going. | 告诉吉姆如果他没及时准备好就别去了 |
[04:16] | Brian wants to get there | 布莱恩想在 |
[04:17] | before the line for the Raptor just gets insane. | 迅猛龙排大队之前都到那 |
[04:19] | Isabelle Marie, if you want a ride, we have to go now, honey. | 伊莎贝尔·玛丽 你想搭车的话 该出发了 |
[04:23] | And don’t forget your violin. | 别忘拿小提琴 |
[04:25] | – Coffee. – Thank you, honey. | -咖啡 -谢谢亲爱的 |
[04:28] | – See you tonight. – Will you tell her to come downstairs, please? | -今晚见 -你能叫她下楼吗 |
[04:30] | She’s coming, but go easy on her. She’s on vacation time. | 她快下来了 对她温柔点 她还是放假的状态 |
[04:33] | Trip, don’t forget your Gatorades. | 崔普 别忘了你的佳得乐 |
[04:35] | And Moody, if you’re gonna go to Carl’s pool, | 穆迪 如果你去卡尔家游泳的话 |
[04:37] | make sure and get a little sun on your legs. | 记得晒晒腿 |
[04:38] | You’re looking a little pale. | 你看着有点苍白 |
[04:39] | It’s summer. You should look like you’ve seen the sun. | 现在是夏天了 你应该有点太阳色 |
[04:41] | Trip’s just as white as I am. | 崔普跟我一样白 |
[04:43] | Honey, everybody looks better with a tan. | 亲爱的 晒黑一点更好看 |
[04:46] | – Okay, I’m going. – Are you wearing that to orchestra camp? | -我要走了 -你就穿这个去管弦乐队营吗 |
[04:49] | Yes. Are there Pop‐Tarts? | 对 还有果酱吐司饼干吗 |
[04:50] | Uh, no, there’s eggs and bacon like everyone else had | 没有 大家都吃的鸡蛋和培根 |
[04:53] | with no complaints. | 没人抱怨 |
[04:54] | You know pigs have the mental capacity of a three‐year‐old, right? | 你知道猪的脑容量相当于一个三岁的孩子吧 |
[04:57] | So when you eat bacon, you’re basically eating me 11 years ago. | 所以你吃培根的时候 差不多是在吃十一年前的我 |
[05:01] | Fascinating. Let’s get in the car. | 真有趣 上车吧 |
[05:03] | Listen, Linda, I’m with you. Memoirs of a Geisha had my vote. | 琳达 我同意你的看法 我选《艺妓回忆录》 |
[05:06] | But you know Elizabeth. | 但是你也知道伊丽莎白 |
[05:07] | Ever since she started at Planned Parenthood, | 自从她开始在计划生育协会上班之后 |
[05:09] | she’s just been so political. | 就变得对政治特别感兴趣 |
[05:11] | So I guess Vagina Monologues it is. | 那就只有选《阴道独白》了 |
[05:18] | You know, I’m over my minutes. Can I call you back? | 我超时了 我回头再打给你 |
[05:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:31] | – Hi, everybody. – Good morning. | -大家好 -早上好 |
[05:33] | – Good morning, Elena. – Marci, any day now. | -早上好 埃琳娜 -马西 快生了吧 |
[05:36] | Just sleep when they sleep, and it’ll be the best thing you do. | 他们睡你就睡 这是你能做的最好的事情了 |
[05:39] | – I promise. – Take it from the woman who knows. | -我发誓 -相信经验丰富的人 |
[05:41] | She took six weeks of paid vacation times four. | 她休了六周的带薪假 再乘以四 |
[05:46] | Right? | 对吧 |
[05:49] | Look, I never normally do something like this, | 我通常不会做这种事 |
[05:52] | but I would hate to not say something | 但我又怕有事不说 |
[05:54] | and then have something bad happen. | 最后又出了事 |
[05:57] | Yes, okay, so it’s an older model car. | 对 是一辆旧型车 |
[06:00] | Blue, and it looked as though there was a woman living in there. | 蓝色的 看着好像有个女的住在里面 |
[06:04] | African‐American, I think. | 我觉得是非裔美国人 |
[06:18] | You slept well. Yeah. | 你睡得真香 对吗 |
[06:22] | Hands visible, honey, okay? | 把手放在能看见的位置 好吗 |
[06:35] | How we doing this morning, ma’am? | 早上好 女士 |
[06:37] | Morning, officer. | 早上好 警官 |
[08:06] | – It’s in the right zone. – Yeah. | -位置不错 -是的 |
[08:08] | – I like it. – Do you? | -我喜欢 -真的吗 |
[08:10] | – I do. – Should we go? | -真的 -要不要过去 |
[08:11] | Yes, let’s go. | 好啊 |
[08:16] | Yeah, let’s go. | 好 那就去看看 |
[08:34] | I thought the ad said “Duplex.” | 我以为广告商说的是连栋 |
[08:37] | It did. | 没错 |
[08:39] | Every house on Windsor has two families in it | 温斯洛路上的每栋房子里住两家人 |
[08:41] | even though it appears to only have one. | 虽然看上去只有一户 |
[08:43] | It was actually designed that way to | 那其实是特意设计的 |
[08:45] | avoid any stigma of renting instead of owning. | 避免只租不买的污名 |
[08:48] | How thoughtful. | 真周到 |
[08:51] | You can look around wherever you want to, honey. | 你可以到处看看 亲爱的 |
[08:54] | So rent is $300 a month. | 房租是每月三百块 |
[08:57] | That is well below market, | 比市场价低多了 |
[08:59] | and it’s really not about the money for us. | 而且对我们来说价钱不重要 |
[09:02] | I’ve lived in Shaker all my life. | 我一辈子都住在西尔克 |
[09:03] | My parents left this rental to me. | 我父母把租契给了我 |
[09:06] | The point is to rent to someone who can, um…enjoy it. | 重要的是要把它租给一个 喜欢它的人 |
[09:13] | You’ll see the appliances were updated a few years back. | 你能看到家用电器都是近几年更新的 |
[09:17] | The heat is all electric. Water and power included. | 电力供暖 水电费全包 |
[09:20] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[09:23] | Wait, there’s two bedrooms and a sun room? | 有两间卧室 还有一间日光房 |
[09:26] | – Yes. – Pearl. | -是的 -珀尔 |
[09:28] | Mom, you could have an art studio | 妈 你可以有艺术工作室 |
[09:29] | and I could finally have my own room. | 我也终于可以有自己的房间了 |
[09:34] | Uh, are you an artist? | 你是艺术家 |
[09:37] | ‐ I am. ‐ Oh, wow, that’s fantastic. | -是的 -那太棒了 |
[09:39] | I love art. | 我热爱艺术 |
[09:41] | I can tell. | 我看出来了 |
[09:47] | Well, you know, I never normally do this, | 好吧 我通常不这么做 |
[09:49] | but I might be willing to knock a little off the rent | 但如果你能修剪草坪的话 |
[09:53] | if you can mow the lawn. | 我愿意少收一点租金 |
[09:55] | ‘Cause our downstairs tenant, Mr. Yang, | 因为我们楼下的租户 杨先生 |
[09:57] | he was doing it, but then he let it get patchy, | 之前负责这件事 但然后他让草坪变得参差不齐 |
[09:59] | and with his arthritis, we’ve taken to hiring someone. | 而且他有关节炎 我们只能去雇人 |
[10:02] | That’s very generous of you. | 你真是太慷慨了 |
[10:04] | I’d be happy to mow your lawn whenever you want. | 我很乐意随时给你修剪草坪 |
[10:06] | Well, it would actually have to be every two weeks | 实际上每两周就得修剪一次 |
[10:08] | because the grass in Shaker can’t be over six inches tall. | 因为西克尔的草不能高于6英寸 |
[10:12] | Does someone measure it? | 有人会去量吗 |
[10:14] | And ticket you. | 还会有人给你开罚单 |
[10:15] | It’s all in the town welcome packet. | 所有信息都在小镇的欢迎礼包里 |
[10:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[10:21] | Mom, it’s perfect. | 妈妈 这太棒了 |
[10:24] | You would be zoned to East Shaker, | 你会被划分到东西克尔镇中学 |
[10:26] | which is private school education | 能以公立学校的价格 |
[10:28] | at public school prices. | 享受私立学校的教育 |
[10:31] | It was actually one of the first schools integrated in the city. | 实际上 那是城里最早并入的学校之一 |
[10:34] | I know that because my mother | 我知道这个是因为当时 |
[10:36] | was on the board there when it happened. | 我妈妈是学校董事会成员 |
[10:39] | And my own children go there. | 而且我自己的孩子也在那上学 |
[10:41] | Actually, my youngest is starting there this year. | 其实 我最小的孩子今年也要去那上学 |
[10:43] | God help us all. | 上帝保佑 |
[10:45] | And the lease? | 租期呢 |
[10:46] | Oh, it’s a year to start, and month to month after that. | 一年起租 之后按月续租 |
[10:49] | No I, I need month to month to start. | 不 我需要按月租房 |
[10:51] | We move around a lot for work. | 我们因工作会四处搬家 |
[10:54] | But you said that we could stay the year. | 但你说过我们可以在这待一年 |
[10:55] | I said maybe. | 我说的是有可能 |
[10:57] | What is it that you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[11:00] | I’m an artist. | 我是艺术家 |
[11:02] | Oh, yes, of course, you said that. | 对 没错 你刚刚说了 |
[11:04] | I didn’t realize you meant professionally. | 我没意识到你是指专职艺术家 |
[11:07] | I feel like that’s one of those ideal jobs you just see on TV. | 我感觉那是电视上才有的理想工作 |
[11:12] | Like a spy or a marine biologist. | 比如间谍 或是海洋生物学家 |
[11:20] | I, I would love to rent month to month. | 我愿意按月出租房子 |
[11:22] | It just becomes a management thing. | 只是这样我就得定期来这边管理 |
[11:24] | It’s just a full‐time job on top of my other job. | 相当于在我原有的工作外 多了一份全职工作 |
[11:26] | No, we don’t expect you to change the rules for us. | 不 我们不希望你为我们改变规则 |
[11:29] | – But Mom. ‐ Hey, we will find another place. | -可是妈妈 -我们再找找别的住处吧 |
[11:33] | There’s always another place. | 总会有别的住处的 |
[11:51] | Excuse me. | 等一下 |
[11:54] | So you rented it to her on the spot, just like that? | 所以你就这样当场把房子租给她了 |
[11:57] | Do you even know anything about this woman? | 你了解这个女人吗 |
[11:59] | Well, I know she’s a single mom | 好吧 我知道她是一个单亲妈妈 |
[12:00] | and she has a 15‐year‐old daughter. | 有一个15岁的女儿 |
[12:02] | Actually, her daughter is a rising sophomore as well. | 实际上 她女儿也读十年级 |
[12:04] | You should do the neighborly thing and introduce yourself. | 你应该去表示友好 做个自我介绍 |
[12:06] | – Can I get the rolls? – What about the mom? | -能把卷饼递给我吗 -那个妈妈呢 |
[12:09] | Well, she’s very attractive. African‐American. | 她很漂亮 非裔美国人 |
[12:12] | ‐ What does that matter? – Could I get the pasta? | -那又如何 -能给我递一下意面吗 |
[12:14] | And an artist. | 她还是个艺术家 |
[12:15] | You know it’s not all for you, right? | 你知道这面不是给你一个人吃的 对吧 |
[12:17] | Brian says his parents say we should say “Black” now. | 布莱恩说他父母说 现在我们应该说”黑人” |
[12:19] | Well, Jesse Jackson says African‐American | 好吧 杰西·杰克逊说的是非裔美国人 |
[12:22] | and he’s on television. | 他还是在电视上说的 |
[12:23] | What kind of artist is she? | 她是哪种艺术家 |
[12:24] | Well, apparently, a struggling one. | 显然是个处于困境的艺术家 |
[12:26] | I saw her sleeping in her car. | 我看见她在车里睡觉 |
[12:28] | You rented to a homeless person? | 你把房子租给了无家可归的人 |
[12:30] | Between homes isn’t homeless, Bill. | 不停搬家不算是无家可归 比尔 |
[12:33] | Did you even have time to check her references? | 你有对她做背景调查吗 |
[12:35] | You know what felt good? | 你知道什么事让人感到愉悦吗 |
[12:37] | Helping. | 帮助他人 |
[12:38] | It is a beautiful thing to know that your actions | 得知你的行为能影响他人的生活 |
[12:41] | can affect another person’s life. | 是一件很美好的事 |
[12:43] | And that’s what life is about, guys. | 这就是生活的意义 各位 |
[12:44] | Doing kind things for kind people | 向那些感激你善行的 |
[12:48] | who appreciate your kindness. | 善良之人 行使善意 |
[12:49] | Well, thank you for dinner, Mom. It was great. | 好的 感谢你的晚餐 妈妈 这太美味了 |
[12:52] | ‐ You’re welcome. – It was really good. | -不客气 -这真的很棒 |
[12:55] | There’s bacon in the sauce. | 酱汁里有培根 |
[12:58] | How was practice today? | 今天的训练如何 |
[13:01] | You ready for the concert on Friday? | 你为周五的音乐会做好准备了吗 |
[13:04] | I didn’t go. | 我没去 |
[13:06] | – What do you mean you didn’t go? – That’s Jen. | -你没去是什么意思 -珍来了 |
[13:09] | We’re going to talk about this. Which Jen are you‐‐ | 我们得谈谈这个 你说哪个珍… |
[13:11] | ‐ Jen R. and Jen H. – Son. | -珍·R和珍·H -儿子 |
[13:13] | – Both? – Yeah. | -两个都来吗 -对啊 |
[13:15] | You know, you should take your brother with you. | 你应该带上你弟弟一起去的 |
[13:17] | ‐ That’s okay. – No, honey, you should go. | -没关系的 -不 亲爱的 你应该去的 |
[13:20] | I’m sure your brother would like to meet some nice Jens. | 你弟弟肯定也想认识一些”珍” |
[13:23] | You know, I would, but um, he’s, he’s not really their type. | 我也想带他去 但她们不会喜欢他 |
[13:27] | – Or anyone’s. – Trip. | -没有人喜欢他 -崔普 |
[13:30] | That’s not nice. | 这么说可不厚道 |
[13:33] | The town history. Ah, the town rules. | 小镇的历史 小镇的规章制度 |
[13:38] | A good neighbor guide. Ooh, look. | 睦邻指南 你看 |
[13:41] | Bumper sticker. | 车尾贴 |
[13:42] | Oh, don’t even think about defacing the Chevette. | 别想弄脏我的雪维特 |
[13:47] | Did you know that Shaker | 你知道西克尔 |
[13:48] | was the first planned community in America? | 是美国最早规划的社区吗 |
[13:50] | I did. | 我知道 |
[13:51] | Yeah, it uh, it says here that all the schools were built | 这上面说这里修建的所有学校 |
[13:54] | so that no kid would ever | 是为了让孩子们 |
[13:55] | have to cross a major street to get to one. | 不必穿过主要街道就能去上学 |
[13:59] | Here, your horses. | 你的小马在这 |
[14:05] | Okay, see, this is interesting. | 好吧 听听 这个很有趣 |
[14:07] | “Shaker was built on the underlying philosophy by the founders | “西克尔由始创者们遵循基本哲学建造而成 |
[14:11] | that everything can and should be planned | 为了避免变数和灾难 |
[14:13] | to avoid uncertainty and disaster.” | 一切都可以并且应该制定计划 |
[14:20] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:24] | Less reading, more unpacking, please. | 少读点 多帮我整理行李 |
[14:29] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[14:30] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[14:31] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[14:35] | You do realize this whole youth orchestra | 你意识到光是青年管弦乐队的花费 |
[14:38] | costs more than all of the kids’ summer activities combined? | 就超过所有孩子暑假活动加一起的花费了吧 |
[14:41] | I mean, we could have gone to Nantucket for a week for what it costs, | 有这个钱 我们都能去楠塔基特岛待一周了 |
[14:44] | and she just takes it all for granted. | 她还把这当理所当然 |
[14:47] | She’s 14 years old, hon. | 她才十四岁 宝贝 |
[14:48] | Taking it for granted is kind of her job. | 认为一切理所当然算是她的本职工作 |
[14:50] | Lexie never took anything for granted. | 莱克西就从来不会这样想 |
[14:52] | And neither did Trip or Moody. | 崔普和穆迪也没有 |
[14:55] | Different kids. | 个性不同 |
[14:58] | There are just children out there | 还有好多孩子 |
[14:59] | who have never even had their own room before. | 从来没有过自己的房间呢 |
[15:01] | Why do you let her get you this worked up? | 你为什么让她把你弄得这么激动 |
[15:04] | She just doesn’t participate. | 她就是不积极参与 |
[15:06] | And if you don’t participate, you can’t succeed. | 如果你不积极参与 就没法成功 |
[15:10] | She’ll be fine. | 她会没事的 |
[15:12] | Can we stop talking about Izzy, please? | 我们能不谈伊奇的事了吗 |
[15:14] | – Isabelle. – Sorry. | -伊莎贝尔 抱歉 |
[15:26] | It’s not Wednesday or Saturday. | 今天不是周三或周六 |
[15:28] | You know, we are allowed to have sex on other days. | 法律没规定我们不能在其他时候做爱 |
[15:30] | But it’s so much more fun when we plan it. | 但如果提前计划 才会更有意思 |
[15:38] | Tomorrow, we’ll get you a bed. | 明天 我们去给你买张床 |
[15:41] | – Get? – Mm, find. | -买 -找 |
[15:47] | Except we’d have to trespass to find anything. | 只不过我们必须非法进入别人的地盘找东西 |
[15:51] | “Trash bins and discarded items have to stay behind your house | “垃圾箱和丢弃物品必须放在房子后面 |
[15:54] | to avoid the unsightly spectacle of clutter.” | 避免影响雅观” |
[15:57] | – No. – I kid you not. | -不可能 -我没骗你 |
[15:58] | – No, you are making this up. – I’m not. | -不 这是你自己编的 -没有 |
[16:01] | So that we have to splurge and go to Goodwill. | 这样我们就得去二手店买了 |
[16:03] | No, I’m not. | 我没有 |
[16:09] | I’ll miss being next to you. | 我会怀念在你枕边睡的 |
[16:15] | We could do our knock. | 我们可以玩敲敲的游戏 |
[16:18] | From Ann Arbor, when we had that weird partition between us? | 在安娜堡 当时我们之间有个奇怪的隔离物 |
[16:22] | Yeah, I remember. | 对 我记得 |
[16:26] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[16:32] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[16:54] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[18:32] | What’s so funny? | 什么事这么好笑 |
[18:34] | – You, you’re– stop taking pictures. – What? | -别拍照了 -怎么了 |
[18:37] | You’re my child, I can take as many pictures of you as I want. | 你是我女儿 我想拍多少拍多少 |
[18:43] | – Are they all there? – Uh, two slats are missing. | -板条齐了吗 -还差两根 |
[18:47] | – We’ll find new ones. – Okay. | -我们会找到新的 -好的 |
[19:01] | You’ve got a friend. | 有小伙伴来找你了 |
[19:03] | Hi. I just came by to… | 嗨 我就是来… |
[19:06] | my mom is the landlord on the house. | 我妈妈是这房的房东 |
[19:10] | I’m Moody. | 我叫穆迪 |
[19:13] | – Moody? – Uh, yeah. It’s a nickname. | -穆迪[喜怒无常] -对 是个昵称 |
[19:18] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[19:22] | “I came…” What does that say? | “我来…” 上面写的什么 |
[19:23] | “I came to explore the wreck.” | “我来探索废墟” |
[19:25] | Yeah, it’s, uh, it’s a line from a poem. Adrienne Rich. | 是一句诗句 艾德丽安·里奇写的 |
[19:29] | – I love her writing. – Yeah, no, she’s cool. | -我喜欢她的作品 -她很不错 |
[19:34] | You know her? | 你知道她 |
[19:36] | – No. – Okay. | -不知道 -好吧 |
[19:40] | Are you good at lifting things? | 你擅长抬东西吗 |
[19:44] | Yeah, yeah, I’m… I love lifting things. | 当然 我喜欢抬东西 |
[19:47] | I lift things all the time. It’s kind of my thing. | 我总在抬东西 算是我的特长 |
[19:52] | – You good back there, Moody? -Yeah. | -没问题吧 穆迪 -嗯 |
[19:53] | – You got it? – Good. | -抬得动吗 -好 |
[20:20] | Your family must be so fun. | 你的家庭一定很有趣 |
[20:21] | I mean, four of you. | 有四个跟你差不多的孩子 |
[20:23] | It’s like a litter. | 可乱了 |
[20:25] | I used to beg for a little sister, but, uh, | 我以前总是想要个妹妹 但是 |
[20:28] | my mom always said that work was her other kid. | 我妈总说工作就是她的另一个孩子 |
[20:31] | So yours is a journalist? | 你妈妈是记者吗 |
[20:34] | Yeah, just part-time for, like, this small-time paper. | 对 算是兼职 本地的小报纸 |
[20:38] | The Plain Dealer is the big one here, | 《实话报》是这里的主流媒体 |
[20:39] | but when she finally got an offer there, | 但当她终于拿到录用通知时 |
[20:41] | she had to turn it down because she was pregnant with Izzy. | 她不得不推掉 因为她怀上了伊奇 |
[20:45] | Here, let’s switch. | 我们换边吧 |
[20:46] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -嗯 -好的 |
[20:49] | She did interview Janet Reno once, though. | 不过她确实采访过一次珍妮特·雷诺[美国司法部长] |
[20:52] | Hang around long enough, she will bring it up. | 你在这儿住久了 就会听到她提这事的 |
[20:58] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[20:59] | – Sorry, I just do one. – One what? | -就这一个 -一个什么 |
[21:03] | Wall. | 墙 |
[21:04] | Well, see, the sample size is free, | 样品是免费的 |
[21:06] | and we just have to repaint every few months when we move. | 每隔几个月我们搬家的时候还要重新刷回来 |
[21:09] | What do you mean “Every few months”? | “每隔几个月”是什么意思 |
[21:11] | My mom picks a place that she wants as her subject. | 我妈会选定一个地点作为研究对象 |
[21:14] | We stay till she finishes a series, and then we move on. | 我们住在那 直到她完成作品 然后就搬走 |
[21:18] | Cerulean blue. | 蔚蓝色 |
[21:22] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[21:24] | – Where’s the interview? – Oh, it doesn’t matter. | -采访在哪里进行 -那不重要 |
[21:27] | You’ll be here when I get back? | 我回来的时候你会在家吗 |
[21:29] | Um, Moody, you said that | 穆迪 你刚才说 |
[21:31] | you had some cool spot you wanted to show me, right? | 有个很酷的地方想带我去看 是吗 |
[21:34] | You kind of need a bike to get there. | 你需要自行车才能到那儿 |
[21:39] | We’ll be here. | 我们就在家等 |
[21:56] | Oh, I think I recognize those girls from East Shaker. | 我好像认出那些来自东西克尔中学的女孩了 |
[21:58] | Is she showing her belly button? Is it pierced? | 她是穿了露脐装吗 还穿环了吗 |
[22:02] | Look, is that April? | 那是艾普尔吗 |
[22:04] | I feel like she’s barely been around this summer. | 我感觉这个夏天她都没怎么在这边 |
[22:09] | Did something come between you two? | 你们之间发生了什么吗 |
[22:17] | Oh, I see there’s been some new developments. | 我明白了 原来是有了些”新发展” |
[22:20] | Oh, I remember being 14, being in this body | 我还记得我14岁的时候 有着那种身材 |
[22:23] | and feeling like I had no control over what was happening. | 感觉对所有事都无能为力 |
[22:25] | Weren’t you like, super popular? | 你那时候不是超受欢迎吗 |
[22:27] | I thought you and Linda, like, ruled the school. | 我还以为你和琳达统治了整个学校呢 |
[22:29] | Well, sure, we fit in. | 当然 我们很合群 |
[22:34] | You could fit in, too, honey. | 你也可以合群的 宝贝 |
[22:36] | Maybe you should wear your hair down– | 也许你应该把头发披下来 |
[22:37] | – Mom. – What? | -妈 -怎么了 |
[22:40] | – Stop. – I don’t know what you’re so upset about. | -别这样 -我不知道你为什么要生气 |
[22:42] | It’s, it’s actually your best feature. | 头发是你最棒的特征了 |
[22:48] | I’m gonna give you money. You didn’t need to do this. | 我会给你钱的 你不需要这样做 |
[22:50] | Please, I forced you to join. | 拜托 是我逼你加入的 |
[22:52] | You didn’t. Elizabeth forced us to join. | 不是你 是伊丽莎白逼我们加入的 |
[22:55] | With everything that you have on your plate, | 你现在手头那么多事 |
[22:56] | you do not need to be buying this off-Broadway smut. | 你不需要买这本连百老汇都上不了的黄书 |
[22:59] | What, what’s on my plate? | 什么呀 我手头有什么事 |
[23:01] | – A little baby. – One. | -小宝宝 -就一个 |
[23:03] | – You have four. – But that is a lot of work. | -你可有四个呢 -但这依旧是个大工程 |
[23:05] | I just can’t wait to watch you | 我真是等不及看你 |
[23:06] | avoid saying the word “Vagina” for two hours straight. | 连着两小时避免说「阴道」这个词的样子了 |
[23:10] | I hate that word. | 我讨厌那个词 |
[23:11] | – It’s just…can we just say “Virginia”? – What? | -就 就不能说「弗吉尼亚」吗 -怎么了 |
[23:14] | -Yeah, the Virginia Monologues. – Yes, better. | -是啊 《弗吉尼亚独白》 -是啊 好多了 |
[23:20] | How’d she do? | 她怎么样 |
[23:21] | She’s totally out. | 彻底睡着了 |
[23:22] | She finished the whole bottle of formula, too. | 她还喝完了一整瓶奶粉 |
[23:24] | You are a godsend. | 你真是上天派来的 |
[23:26] | Oh, Mom, have you seen my roller blades? | 妈妈 你看到我的旱冰鞋了吗 |
[23:28] | I want to work off the fro-yo. | 我想把冻酸奶消耗掉 |
[23:30] | – Uh, I think they’re in your closet. – Okay, thank you. | -好像在你衣柜里 -好的 谢谢 |
[23:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:35] | I mean, she is a mini you. | 她简直是个缩小版的你 |
[23:38] | Well, at least one of them is. | 还好有一个是 |
[23:40] | You know, I’m just trying to raise nice children | 我只是想把孩子们 |
[23:42] | who do good in the world. | 培养成对世界有益的人 |
[23:44] | You are doing that and setting a great example. | 你做到了 还树立了一个好榜样 |
[23:47] | What did Lexie tell me? | 莱克西给我说什么来着 |
[23:48] | You’re renting to a homeless woman for practically nothing? | 你几乎没要租金就把房子租给了一个无家可归的女人 |
[23:50] | I mean, who does that? | 有谁会这么做啊 |
[23:51] | Come on, you’re Superwoman. | 你是女超人 |
[23:53] | – Oh, my God, Mom. – What? | -我的天呐 妈妈 -怎么了 |
[23:56] | What is it? What’s the matter? | 什么 出什么事了 |
[23:58] | – Mom. – What, what? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[24:00] | – Mom, it just, it smelled bad– – Oh, my God. | -妈妈 这里好难闻 -我的天呐 |
[24:01] | And it started smoking and I didn’t know what to do– | 然后就开始冒烟 我不知道怎么办 |
[24:02] | – What is that smell? – So I just threw something at her. | -这是什么味 -所以我就随便扔了个什么东西给她 |
[24:04] | Oh, my God, honey, are you okay? | 我的天呐 宝贝 你还好吗 |
[24:06] | Are you okay? What’s the matter? | 你还好吗 怎么回事 |
[24:08] | Oh, my God, are you all right? | 天啊 你没事吧 |
[24:11] | Isabelle? | 伊莎贝尔 |
[24:15] | Did you do this on purpose? | 你是故意的吗 |
[24:25] | We have to do something, Bill. You saw it. | 我们必须采取措施 比尔 你也看见了 |
[24:28] | One side is completely singed. | 一边的头发彻底烧焦了 |
[24:29] | Something, yes, but therapy, no. | 得有措施 但不能去看心理医生 |
[24:32] | She set her hair on fire on purpose. | 她故意把头发烧了 |
[24:35] | Because she’s trying to push your buttons, hon. | 因为她想惹你生气 亲爱的 |
[24:37] | So don’t give her the satisfaction. | 所以别让她得逞 |
[24:39] | Right, I mean, why do you keep on taking the bait? | 好吧 为什么你老是上当 |
[24:41] | So should I do what you do and deny anything’s wrong | 所以我该像你一样装作无事发生 |
[24:44] | – and just make me the bad guy? – I’m just saying if we fixate | -然后让我当坏人吗 -我只是说如果我们 |
[24:47] | – on what Izzy is doing– – I’m not fixating. I’m mothering. | -抓住伊奇的行为不放 -我没有抓住不放 我在当妈妈 |
[24:51] | I know you are, honey. | 我知道 亲爱的 |
[24:56] | Have you ever thought about talking to somebody? | 你有没有考虑过和别人谈谈 |
[25:00] | I’m talking to you right now. | 我正在和你谈 |
[25:05] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[25:07] | Izzy has always been Izzy. | 伊奇一直都是这样 |
[25:09] | Isabelle. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[25:10] | I warned you when we named her. It’s not even a proper name. | 起名的时候我就提醒过你 这根本不是个像样名字 |
[25:13] | We call our son Moody. | 我们给儿子起的名是穆迪 |
[25:14] | She could have called herself anything. | 她叫什么都行 |
[25:16] | Belle, Bella, Elle, Ella is cute. | 贝尔 贝拉 艾尔 艾拉很可爱 |
[25:19] | But none of those names would have pissed you off, would they? | 但这些名字都不能惹毛你 不是吗 |
[25:23] | I’m just saying, hon. Why all the constant battling? | 我只是想说 亲爱的 为什么总是要较劲呢 |
[25:27] | I mean, really, is it because you want Izzy to be happy, | 说真的 到底是因为你想让伊奇快乐 |
[25:29] | or because you want Izzy to be more like you? | 还是因为你想让伊奇变得更像你 |
[25:34] | I just think that maybe we could do something with, like, layers. | 我就是觉得我们可以做些层次 |
[25:38] | Like, um, Rachel from Friends. | 就像《老友记》里的瑞秋 |
[25:40] | I was thinking Drew Barrymore. Mad Love, Boys on the Side. | 我想的是德鲁·巴里摩尔《爱你情深》《潇洒有情天》 |
[25:44] | We can definitely have fun. | 我们可以找乐子 |
[25:45] | We just have to take your bone structure into account. | 但是我们得考虑你的骨架 |
[25:47] | Drew Barrymore’s is fun. | 德鲁·巴里摩尔就是乐子啊 |
[25:49] | Coke at 12, rehab at 14, flashing David Letterman at 20. | 12岁吸毒 14岁进戒毒所 20岁给大卫·莱特曼露胸 |
[25:53] | So I think we’re thinking layers. | 那我们就考虑打层次了 |
[25:55] | Um, and short, but not too short. | 短一点 但别太短 |
[25:58] | I’m just gonna pop out for an errand and I’ll be right back. | 我出去办点事 马上就回来 |
[26:00] | It’s gonna be great, honey. | 会很好看的 宝贝 |
[26:07] | Mia! Elena. | 米娅 我是埃琳娜 |
[26:14] | – Um, are you biking? – No, I’m building something. | -你在骑自行车吗 -不 我在创作 |
[26:17] | Oh, you’re a sculptor. | 对哦 你是个雕刻家 |
[26:20] | Uh, mixed media. Photography, textiles. | 复合媒材 摄影 纺织 |
[26:23] | I love your bumper sticker. | 我喜欢你的车尾贴 |
[26:25] | Shaker spirit. I love it. | 西克尔精神 我喜欢 |
[26:27] | Oh, that’s all Pearl. | 那是珀尔的杰作 |
[26:33] | Are you working at Lucky Palace? | 你在幸运宫上班吗 |
[26:36] | Yeah, a couple nights a week. | 对 一周几次夜班 |
[26:38] | Oh, nights. That’s tough. | 夜班啊 不容易 |
[26:43] | I hate to think of Pearl all by herself, alone. | 真不忍心想象珀尔自己一个人待着 |
[26:46] | She’s used to it. | 她习惯了 |
[26:48] | I used to clean at the Cam in St. Louis till 3:00 A.M. | 我以前在圣路易斯的博物馆打扫到凌晨三点 |
[26:52] | You know what you should do? | 你知道你应该做什么吗 |
[26:55] | Weddings and family photos. | 婚礼和家庭摄影 |
[26:57] | You would make a killing in Shaker. You should do ours. | 你会在西克尔发大财的 你应该帮我们拍 |
[27:00] | If you could get my youngest to smile, I would pay you extra. | 如果你能让我的小女儿笑我就给你加钱 |
[27:04] | Yeah, the thing about portraits | 要拍肖像你需要展示出 |
[27:06] | is you need to show people how they want to be seen. | 人们自己想被看到的一面 |
[27:09] | I prefer to show people as they really are. | 我更喜欢展示他们真实的样子 |
[27:15] | ‐ There has to be something. ‐ I’m fine. | -肯定有什么你能做的 -不用了 |
[27:21] | You know, I…I’ve been meaning to hire someone for my house. | 你知道 我正打算给家里雇个人 |
[27:26] | Um, just to do a little light cleaning. Some laundry. | 就做一些简单的打扫 洗洗衣服 |
[27:30] | Maybe cook dinner. | 或许做做晚饭 |
[27:34] | You mean, like, to be your maid? | 你的意思是 做你的女仆 |
[27:39] | More, more like a housekeeper. | 更像是女管家 |
[27:42] | Yeah, I don’t do that. | 我不做那个 |
[27:46] | Oh, I wasn’t assuming, I‐ | 我以为 我 |
[27:47] | you said the thing about the museum at 3:00 A.M. | 你说你在博物馆工作到凌晨三点 |
[27:50] | Yeah, because I wanted to cultivate a relationship with the curator. | 对 因为我想和馆长建立关系 |
[27:53] | I got something that I needed out of it. | 我得到了我想要的 |
[27:55] | No, no, you would get something out of this as well. | 不 不 这份工作也会让你有收获的 |
[27:57] | I mean, we would pay. We pay very‐‐ | 我们会付你钱的 我们的薪水 |
[27:59] | We pay really well. | 我们薪水很高的 |
[28:01] | I mean, we pay what’s fair, | 我是说 我们会付你合理的报酬 |
[28:02] | and whatever you thought was fair, that’s what we would pay. | 你觉得多少合理我们就付你多少 |
[28:07] | But I just‐‐ you know, what I meant was | 但我只是 你知道我的意思是 |
[28:10] | house helper, house manager. | 家庭助手 家庭管理员 |
[28:12] | That’s what I really meant because I’m so unorganized. | 我其实是这个意思 因为我太没有条理了 |
[28:16] | But it was just a suggestion, so take it or leave it. | 但这只是一个建议 所以要不要随你 |
[28:21] | Take it or leave it. | 随你 |
[28:22] | I went to use the lawnmower, and it’s out of gas. | 我用了割草机 它没油了 |
[28:25] | Oh, I’ll send Bill over with gas. | 我会让比尔带汽油过去 |
[28:26] | Yeah, or Moody, next time he comes over. | 嗯 或者穆迪 下次他过来的时候 |
[28:28] | Uh, wait, I’m sorry. My son, Moody? | 等一下 抱歉 我儿子穆迪 |
[28:32] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:33] | He and Pearl have been hanging out every day. | 他和珀尔每天都在一起玩 |
[28:38] | You didn’t know. | 你不知道 |
[28:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:46] | Do you think it was offensive? | 你觉得这无礼吗 |
[28:49] | Well, I mean, housekeeper is loaded. | 我觉得管家是话里有话 |
[28:52] | No, no, no, I said house manager. | 不不不 我说的是家庭管理员 |
[28:54] | And what does that mean, loaded? | 而且话里有话是什么意思 |
[28:57] | You mean racist. | 你是说种族歧视 |
[29:00] | Isn’t it more racist | 因为她的种族而不给她工作 |
[29:01] | to not offer her the job because of her race? | 难道不是更种族歧视吗 |
[29:04] | Now that’s racist. | 那才是种族歧视 |
[29:06] | And I’d already had such a day with Isabelle and her hair. | 今天因为伊莎贝尔和她的头发已经够糟了 |
[29:10] | I should never have left her at that salon. | 我真不应该把她留在美发厅 |
[29:12] | And then when I leave, and I’m clearly just trying to help | 我走的时候 明显只是想帮助一个 |
[29:15] | – somebody who needs it‐‐ ‐ Hon. | -需要帮助的人 -亲爱的 |
[29:16] | ‐ I’m made to feel like I’m a horrible person. ‐ Honey, hon. | -现在我反倒感觉自己是个恶人 -亲爱的 |
[29:21] | You obviously had the best of intentions. | 很明显你的出发点是好的 |
[29:23] | ‐ Well, I try. ‐ But asking this woman to come work in our house. | -我尽力 -但是让这个女人来我们家工作 |
[29:27] | I mean, really? You don’t even know her. | 我是说 不是吧 你都不了解她 |
[29:33] | You have the biggest heart. | 你的心胸最宽广了 |
[29:37] | It’s one of the things I love the most about you. | 这是我最爱你的一点之一 |
[29:46] | It’s Thursday now. | 现在是周四了 |
[29:52] | Yeah, okay, so there’s two guys in the hotel room. | 对 所以酒店房间有两个男的 |
[29:53] | ‐ Okay. ‐ And then they’re finally going to sleep | -嗯 -他们终于要睡了 |
[29:55] | and they’re snuggling in the bed and he’s like, wait. | 他们蜷在床上 然后他说 等等 |
[29:57] | – Those aren’t pillows. It’s like‐‐ ‐ What? | -那些不是枕头 就像… -什么 |
[29:59] | I don’t know, I’m probably not explaining it right. | 我不知道 我可能解释得不对 |
[30:01] | ‐ That sounds great. ‐ We should watch that movie next. | -听起来很棒 -我们下次应该一起看那部电影 |
[30:03] | This is it. | 到了 |
[30:31] | Come on, it’s in here. | 过来 在里面 |
[30:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:39] | – Hi, honey. – Hey. | -嗨 宝贝 -嘿 |
[30:40] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[30:43] | – Where have you been? – Video store. | -你们去哪了 -录像带店 |
[30:44] | Pearl’s never seen Before Sunrise. | 珀尔没看过《爱在破晓黎明前》 |
[30:46] | – Oh, fun. – Yeah. | -有意思 -是啊 |
[30:48] | ‐ Hi, Pearl. – Hi, Mrs. Richardson. | -你好 珀尔 -你好 理查德森夫人 |
[30:50] | ‐ Call me Elena. ‐ Okay. | -叫我埃琳娜就行 -好的 |
[30:51] | ‐ How are you? ‐ I’m, I’m‐I’m good. | -你好吗 -我 我很好 |
[30:56] | Uh, we’re out of Snapple, honey. We only have Shasta. | 斯奈普果汁没了 宝贝 只有沙士达了 |
[30:57] | Shoot, really? | 不会吧 |
[30:58] | Uh, Pearl, are you joining us for dinner? | 珀尔 你和我们一起吃晚饭吗 |
[31:00] | ‐ Oh, um, I‐I don’t know. ‐ Well, you are welcome to. | -我不知道 -欢迎你一起吃 |
[31:03] | I just don’t want to step on your mother’s toes. | 我只是不想让你妈妈生气 |
[31:05] | Oh, no, trust me, you wouldn’t be stepping on her toes. | 不 相信我 她不会生你气的 |
[31:07] | She’s not really a dinner person. | 她不爱吃正餐 |
[31:09] | She’s more of an “Eat what’s left” type of person. | 她更像是吃剩菜的那种人 |
[31:12] | Yeah, and she might be working late tonight too, so. | 而且她今晚可能也会工作到很晚 所以 |
[31:14] | Working nights is so tough. | 上夜班真的很辛苦 |
[31:15] | I used to do it before the kids were born. | 我生孩子之前也经常上夜班 |
[31:17] | But you have to take the good with the bad. | 但是鱼与熊掌不可兼得 |
[31:19] | We can’t all be interviewing Janet Reno. | 不是所有人都能采访珍妮特·雷诺 |
[31:23] | Moody, will you take these into the TV room? | 穆迪 你能把这些带到电视房吗 |
[31:26] | And tell everybody only one before dinner. | 跟他们说晚饭前只能吃一个 |
[31:30] | Can I help you with anything? | 我能帮你做什么吗 |
[31:32] | Oh, no, I’m fine. Please enjoy yourself. | 不 没事的 你好好玩 |
[31:34] | I’ll track down your mom, okay? | 我去联系你妈妈 好吗 |
[31:36] | ‐ All right, thank you. ‐ Okay. | -好吧 谢谢 -好的 |
[31:41] | But what happened when they had to initiate you into the gang? | 但当他们让你加入团队时发生了什么 |
[31:45] | ‐ Hey, go. We wanna watch something. ‐ This is something. | -走开 我们想看点东西 -这就是东西 |
[31:49] | ‐ Yeah, Izzy in ten years. – Dude, fuck off. | -是啊 十年后的伊奇 -老兄 滚开 |
[31:52] | More like five with that haircut. | 这个发型更像是五年后 |
[31:55] | – You’re a bitch. – Holy sensitive, Batman. | -你个贱人 -太敏感了吧 蝙蝠侠 |
[31:58] | Take a joke. | 开不起玩笑 |
[32:01] | This is Pearl. Pearl, Lexie and Trip. | 这是珀尔 珀尔 这是莱克西和崔普 |
[32:08] | You can take Izzy’s spot. | 你可以坐伊奇的位置 |
[32:11] | Okay, sorry. | 好的 借过 |
[32:14] | Um, yeah, no, that’s fine. As long as it’s not too much trouble. | 好的 那也没事 只要不会给你造成不便 |
[32:17] | Oh, please, when you have six mouths to feed, | 不会 当你家里有六张嘴等着吃饭 |
[32:19] | you hardly notice one more. | 压根不会注意到多一个人 |
[32:20] | I just didn’t want to step on any plans that you had. | 我只是不想打乱你原有的计划 |
[32:23] | No, I don’t, I don’t plan. | 没有 我从来不计划 |
[32:24] | I just wing it usually with leftovers. | 我通常都是拿剩菜自由发挥一下 |
[32:27] | Yes, that’s what Pearl said. | 嗯 珀尔也是这么跟我说的 |
[32:31] | You know, it was so nice running into you the other day. | 话说 前几天偶遇你挺高兴的 |
[32:33] | I, I hope that, um, | 我希望 |
[32:37] | you’re still liking the place. | 你还满意那房子 |
[32:41] | Tell Pearl to call me when she needs me. I’ll come get her. | 跟珀尔说一声有什么需要就打给我 我会过去接她 |
[32:44] | Will do. | 好的 |
[32:49] | I mean, that’s got to be a record, Mom. | 这肯定破纪录了 老妈 |
[32:51] | That’s like the second time this week. | 好像是本周的第二次了 |
[32:53] | Third. She said it earlier, too. | 是第三次 之前她也说了 |
[32:55] | Well, she is the Attorney General | 她可是司法部长 |
[32:57] | who rose from a rustic life in the Everglades | 从沼泽地的小乡村里 |
[32:59] | to the height of political power. | 一步步爬到了今天的政治地位 |
[33:01] | That’s a quote from the article. | 你是在引用文章中的原话 |
[33:03] | Do you see the abuse I suffer, Pearl? | 看到我受的欺负了吗 珀尔 |
[33:07] | Is she really not coming to dinner? | 她真的不来吃晚饭吗 |
[33:09] | She said she’s not hungry. | 她说她不饿 |
[33:11] | I’d hide too if I had that haircut. | 我如果有那种发型我也会躲起来 |
[33:13] | She should just G.I. Jane it. | 她应该搞成《魔鬼女大兵》里那样 |
[33:15] | Hey, you two, knock it off. | 你们俩 别闹了 |
[33:16] | Oh, I can’t believe she did this the day before the concert. | 不敢相信在音乐会前一天她做了这种事 |
[33:19] | Trip, can you pass the potatoes to Pearl, please? | 崔普 你能把土豆递给珀尔吗 |
[33:22] | ‐ Sure. – Speaking of the concert, | -没问题 -说到音乐会 |
[33:24] | I’m not gonna be able to make it tomorrow night. | 我明晚去不了了 |
[33:26] | – What? ‐ I tried, but Anderson said | -什么 -我争取过了 但是安德森说 |
[33:27] | he could only meet on Friday night. | 他只有周五晚上有空会面 |
[33:29] | – But it’s in the calendar, honey. – I know, hon. | -但是这早就安排好了 亲爱的 -我知道 亲爱的 |
[33:31] | ‐ Is she even playing? – She better be. | -那她还会上台表演吗 -她最好会 |
[33:32] | I mean, she’s not getting a college scholarship with her grades. | 不然凭她自己的成绩她可拿不到大学的奖学金 |
[33:36] | Pearl, have you been looking at colleges yet? | 珀尔 你有开始物色大学了吗 |
[33:38] | No. | 没有 |
[33:39] | Wait, aren’t you gonna be a sophomore? | 你不是马上就十年级了吗 |
[33:41] | Not everyone has their whole life planned out. | 不是所有人都早早计划好了人生 |
[33:44] | I’m going to Yale. | 我打算去耶鲁大学 |
[33:45] | You know, kids here statistically go to the best colleges, | 据统计 这里的学生大多都能去名校 |
[33:48] | so you’ll have a leg up just by going to Shaker. | 所以进了西克尔高中就已经有了很大优势 |
[33:50] | ‐ Congratulations. ‐ Thanks. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[33:52] | She hasn’t even applied yet, | 她还没申请呢 |
[33:54] | and Pearl is not going to have any trouble. | 珀尔申请肯定也不会有什么困难 |
[33:56] | She reads The Bell Jar for fun. | 《钟型坛》可是她的娱乐读物 |
[33:59] | – Really? ‐ Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[34:01] | Well, with all this affirmative action stuff, | 反正现在有了《平权法案》 |
[34:02] | you’ll be a shoe‐in practically anywhere. | 无论你到哪儿都会成功的 |
[34:05] | Ow, what? It’s what Brian always says. | 怎么 布莱恩一直这么说的 |
[34:08] | That’s her boyfriend. He’s African‐American. | 布莱恩是她男友 他是非裔美国人 |
[34:20] | You really didn’t have to drive me. | 你真的不用送我的 |
[34:22] | My mom could have come. | 我妈妈可以来接我 |
[34:23] | Oh, I wanted to. | 我想送送你 |
[34:27] | – So is it just you and your mom? ‐ Mm‐hmm. | -就你跟你妈妈两个人生活吗 -是的 |
[34:30] | Oh, you two must be so close. | 那你们俩一定很亲近 |
[34:33] | Your house is so beautiful. | 你家真漂亮 |
[34:35] | I really liked how all your books were arranged by color. | 我真的很喜欢你用颜色来排列所有书 |
[34:37] | ‐ Thank you so much for noticing. ‐ Of course. | -谢谢你注意到了 -客气 |
[34:41] | – So when did you get to interview ‐ So what kind of artist is | -你什么时候采访 -什么类型的艺术家 |
[34:42] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:43] | No, no, you go ahead. | 没事没事 你先说 |
[34:44] | I was just gonna ask if it was recent. That interview. | 我就想问问那个采访 是不是最近的 |
[34:47] | Yes, well, it was right after the Oklahoma City bombing, | 是的 就在俄克拉何马城爆炸案后 |
[34:50] | and I couldn’t believe I got her. | 我不敢相信我居然能采访她 |
[34:52] | Well, I’m, I’d love to read it. | 我很想读一读那篇文章 |
[34:53] | If you have a copy, of course. | 如果你有一份的话 |
[34:55] | Oh, I have eight. | 我有八份 |
[35:00] | I write, too. | 我也写作 |
[35:02] | Poetry. It’s, it’s not the same as what you do, I know, but it’s‐‐ | 我写诗 跟你写的类型不太一样 但是 |
[35:05] | I‐I’m sure it’s wonderful. | 肯定很棒 |
[35:07] | Journalism can be so prescribed, you know? | 新闻稿件有时限制很多 |
[35:09] | But I find comfort in the who, what, where. | 但我能从人物事件地点中找到安慰 |
[35:13] | I’d be curious to read your work. | 我很期待读你的作品 |
[35:16] | And see your mother’s art. It sounds very impressive. | 也期待你妈妈的作品 听起来很厉害 |
[35:21] | Well, what you do is impressive,too. | 你做的事情也非常厉害 |
[35:23] | I’d love to do that someday. | 我希望某一天我也能做到 |
[35:25] | ‐ Really? ‐ Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[35:27] | Well, like Lexie said, you’re in Shaker now. | 就像莱克西所说的 你已经来到西克尔 |
[35:30] | Anything is possible. | 没有什么不可能 |
[36:27] | Thanks again for the ride, and these. | 再次谢谢你送我 还送我这些东西 |
[36:29] | Yes, of course, of course. | 没事没事 |
[36:31] | ‐ Okay, good night. ‐ Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[36:34] | Oh, Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[36:38] | I want you to know you’re always welcome at our house, okay? | 我希望你知道我永远欢迎你来我家 好吗 |
[36:43] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[36:58] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[37:02] | Hey, Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[37:08] | I got you something. | 我给你带了点东西 |
[37:10] | – Moody, are you serious? ‐ Yeah. | -穆迪 你认真的吗 -是啊 |
[37:12] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[37:41] | This is where you wanted to take me? A junkyard? | 这就是你想带我来的地方吗 废品场 |
[37:45] | You’ll see. Come on. | 你过会儿就知道了 来吧 |
[38:10] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[38:15] | 世上有三件事无法永远隐藏 太阳 月亮 和真相 | |
[38:18] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方 |
[38:22] | Uh, my wreck. | 我的破车 |
[38:24] | You read it. | 你读了 |
[38:26] | That poem. | 那首诗 |
[38:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[38:34] | I love that line. | 我喜欢那句话 |
[38:37] | “I came to see the damage that was done.” | “我来看那造成的损坏” |
[38:43] | “And the treasures that prevail.” | “和那盛行的珍宝” |
[38:51] | Isabelle Marie, we’re gonna be late. | 伊莎贝尔·玛丽 我们要迟到了 |
[38:53] | We’ve got to go. | 我们得出发了 |
[38:57] | What are you wearing? | 你穿的是什么 |
[39:00] | I’m gonna button it. | 我会把扣子扣上的 |
[39:02] | No, just no. Where is the dress that I bought you last week? | 不行 绝对不行 我上周给你买的裙子呢 |
[39:05] | ‐ Mom, just please stop. ‐ Here, put this on. | -妈 拜托不要 -给 把这条穿上 |
[39:06] | It’s not me. | 这不是我的风格 |
[39:07] | You lost the privilege of being you | 你没资格保持自己的风格了 |
[39:09] | when you set your hair on fire. | 因为你把自己的头发点燃了 |
[39:12] | No one wears cutoff jeans | 没有人会穿着截腿牛仔裤 |
[39:14] | to perform with the Cleveland Youth Chamber Orchestra. | 和克利夫兰室内管弦乐队一起表演 |
[39:17] | ‐ I do. ‐ Well this isn’t about you. | -我会 -重点不是你的意愿 |
[39:20] | That’s not how the world works. | 社会不是这样运作的 |
[39:22] | There are rules, and they exist for a reason. | 有约定俗成的规则 它们存在是有原因的 |
[39:24] | If you follow the rules, you’ll succeed. | 如果你遵从这些规则 你就会获得成功 |
[39:26] | Succeed in profiling? | 在侧写方面成功吗 |
[39:29] | Just put on the god damn dress. | 快点给我穿上这条裙子 |
[39:30] | And brush what’s left of your hair. | 再把你剩下的头发梳一梳 |
[39:46] | Okay, so the options are, we have Dylan, uh, Neil Young. | 我们可以选迪伦或者尼尔·杨的歌 |
[39:51] | I know that one Toad the Wet Sprocket song. | 我还会一首湿齿轮蛤蟆的歌 |
[39:53] | Their one song, yay. | 就那一首歌 |
[39:57] | Or how about a poem? | 或者选一首诗怎么样 |
[40:01] | You write poetry, too? | 你也写诗吗 |
[40:03] | No, I meant one of yours. | 不 我是指选一首你的诗 |
[40:12] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[40:43] | Why aren’t we friends anymore? | 为什么我们不再是朋友了 |
[40:47] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[40:50] | Freak. | 怪胎 |
[41:00] | “You’ll say I stole them | “你会说我偷走了它们” |
[41:03] | “When I took them off your dress room | “因为我将它们从你的更衣室取走” |
[41:04] | “and put them in my mom’s black purse. | “并将它们放置在我妈妈的黑色手提包里” |
[41:07] | “The one she got in Arizona. | “那是她从亚利桑那州买来的” |
[41:09] | “Or Sacramento. Or maybe it was New Orleans.” | “或是萨克门拉托 又或者是新奥尔良” |
[41:16] | “But I put them where I knew they’d be safe. | “但我会把它们放在我认为安全的地方” |
[41:20] | “Their smooth ceramic skin.” | “它们光滑的陶瓷表面” |
[41:23] | Second stand at 14. | 第二排第14个 |
[41:27] | “One like ivory.” | “一个像是象牙” |
[41:30] | “One like strawberry.” | “一个像是草莓” |
[41:33] | “One like chocolate.” | “一个像是巧克力” |
[41:35] | “You’ll say I stole them and that horses should ride free. | “你会说我偷走了它们 而马匹应该免费骑乘” |
[41:39] | “But can something be stolen if it was always meant for you?” | “但命中注定属于你的东西也能被偷走吗” |
[41:54] | Moody, what is that? | 穆迪 那是什么 |
[42:02] | Wait, what is she doing? | 等等 她在干什么 |
[42:34] | – Why isn’t she playing? ‐ I don’t know. | -她为什么没在演奏 -我不知道 |
[42:54] | Oh, shit. | 我靠 |
[42:57] | ‐ I’m trying. – Hurry, let’s go. | -我在努力爬 -快点 快 |
[43:23] | Hello? | 你好 |
[44:25] | ‐ What happened? – Mom. | -发生什么事了 -妈 |
[44:26] | ‐ What did you do? ‐ Mom, I can explain. | -你做了什么 -妈 我可以解释 |
[44:29] | This wasn’t Pearl’s fault. | 那不是珀尔的错 |
[44:31] | Bruce, thank you. | 布鲁斯 谢谢 |
[44:33] | Your son insisted we come here first. | 你儿子坚持我们先来这边 |
[44:35] | I’m sorry it was such a hassle for you. | 真抱歉给你带来麻烦了 |
[44:37] | Well, you’re lucky the security guard called us, | 算你们走运 保安给我们打了电话 |
[44:39] | or it could have been even more of a hassle. | 要不然可能会有更大的麻烦 |
[44:41] | – Trespassing? What are you doing? ‐ Trespassing? | -非法侵入 你们搞什么 -非法侵入 |
[44:44] | He will not be doing that again, I promise you. | 他绝对不会再那么做了 我向你保证 |
[44:46] | Don’t be too hard on him. We did worse in high school. | 不要对他太严厉了 我们高中的时候更过分 |
[44:49] | ‐ Oh, stop. Give Helen my love. – Will do. | -才怪呢 替我向海伦问好 -会的 |
[44:51] | – Let me get the bikes. ‐ Bikes? | -等我把自行车拿下来 -自行车 |
[44:53] | Moody, help him, please. | 穆迪 帮帮他 |
[44:55] | ‐ Get inside now. – Mom, I’m trying to explain. | -马上给我进去 -妈 听我解释 |
[44:57] | This is so careless and stupid. | 这行为太鲁莽太愚蠢了 |
[44:59] | What if you got arrested? What then? | 要是你被逮捕了怎么办 怎么办 |
[45:01] | Bruce is not a police officer. | 布鲁斯不是警察 |
[45:05] | He’s just neighborhood watch. | 他只是邻里互助组织的一员 |
[45:07] | There’s no reason to be this upset. | 没必要这么生气 |
[45:14] | Good night, Elena. Thank you. | 晚安 埃琳娜 谢谢你 |
[45:17] | Of course. Good night. | 不客气 晚安 |
[45:22] | Moody, hurry up. | 穆迪 快点 |
[45:28] | Get upstairs. Get upstairs. | 上楼 上楼 |
[45:33] | – I want to know where you got that bike. – From Moody. | -我想知道你从哪弄来的自行车 -穆迪弄来的 |
[45:36] | He got it for me. | 他帮我弄来的 |
[45:37] | You know you’re not like the Richardsons, right? | 你知道我们不是理查德森一家那类人吧 |
[45:40] | ‐ I know that. ‐ The cops are not on our side. | -我知道 -警察可不会站在我们这边 |
[45:42] | ‐ It wasn’t even a cop. ‐ We don’t get passes like them. | -他不是警察 -我们不像他们会被警察轻易放过 |
[45:45] | The last thing we need is to be on somebody’s radar. | 我们绝对不能引起别人的注意 |
[45:48] | Mrs. Richardson wasn’t even upset. | 理查德森夫人都没有生气 |
[45:50] | You’re the one making a big deal out of this. | 是你在大惊小怪 |
[45:52] | This was a mistake. We should go. | 这是个错误 我们得搬走 |
[45:54] | ‐ What? What, no. ‐ We should go to Connecticut. | -什么 不 -我们应该去康涅狄格州 |
[45:56] | No, Mom, Mom, please. | 不要 妈 求你了 |
[45:57] | To that school in Guilford you told me about. | 去你之前跟我说的那所在吉尔福德的学校 |
[45:59] | Mom, no. | 妈 不要 |
[45:59] | There’s still time to enroll you before the school year starts. | 现在还有时间 趁学校开学前给你报名 |
[46:01] | No, Mom, you can’t do that because you promised that we‐‐ | 不要 妈 你不能这么做 你保证过的 |
[46:04] | ‐ I never promised. ‐ Yes, you did. | -我从未保证过 -你有 |
[46:05] | I said I would try! | 我说我会尝试 |
[46:09] | You heard what you wanted to hear. | 你只听你自己想听到的 |
[46:17] | Do you even care about what I want? | 你在乎过我想要什么吗 |
[46:20] | Because most moms do. | 因为大部分母亲都在乎 |
[46:22] | They actually put their kids first, you know? | 她们会把她们的孩子放在第一位 |
[46:24] | That’s what Mrs. Richardson does. | 理查德森夫人就是这样的 |
[46:26] | She puts all of her kids first. | 她把她的孩子们都放在首位 |
[46:29] | I am tired! I‐I’m tired of, of moving around. | 我受够了 我受够了到处搬家 |
[46:33] | Of going wherever you want to go whenever you want to go there. | 去哪里 什么时候去 都是你说了算 |
[46:36] | I am tired of not even having a home. | 我受够了连个家都没有 |
[46:42] | I just… | 我只是 |
[46:44] | I want more than just one wall. | 我不想只有一面墙 |
[46:59] | You know what, Pearl? | 你知道吗 珀尔 |
[47:01] | You have had 100 walls in 100 places. | 你在100个地方有过100面墙 |
[47:05] | How many kids get to experience a life like yours? | 有多少孩子能体验你这样的生活 |
[47:12] | Go to your room. | 到你房间里去 |
[47:16] | You wanted your own room so badly. Go to your room. | 你那么想要自己的房间 到你房间里去 |
[47:22] | Go to your room! | 到你房间里去 |
[47:27] | Shit. | 靠 |
[49:56] | Um, is, is Moody here? | 穆迪在吗 |
[49:58] | Uh, no, he actually, he ran to the store to return a video. | 不在 他去店里还影片了 |
[50:01] | Okay, um, well, could I just leave this somewhere for him? | 好吧 那我能把这个停在哪里给他吗 |
[50:04] | Yeah, sure, just right up around the corner. | 当然 放在上面角落就行 |
[50:07] | All right. | 好的 |
[50:14] | Uh, me and Lexie are inside | 我和莱克西都在 |
[50:15] | if you want to hang out until he gets back. | 你也可以进来玩 等他回家 |
[50:19] | Okay, yeah, sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[50:28] | When I was 18, you were 14. | 我18岁的时候 你才14岁 |
[50:32] | Yeah, and you still look 15 so shut up. | 你看上去还是15岁 闭嘴吧 |
[50:35] | Oh, my God, you’re so rude. | 我的天哪 你太粗鲁了 |
[50:37] | Marathon just started. Real World: Boston. | 刚刚开始煲剧 《真实世界:波士顿》 |
[50:40] | It’ll be hard to beat San Francisco, though. | 不过很难超越旧金山那季 |
[50:42] | – Aw, Puck. ‐ Oh, Pedro. | -帕克 -佩德罗 |
[50:45] | It was, like, an AIDS thing. It was, like, super sad. | 就好像是艾滋病 超级难过 |
[50:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[51:25] | – What are you doing? ‐ Where’s Pearl? | -你在干吗 -珀尔在哪 |
[51:29] | My mom would hate that. You walking on the grass. | 你踩到草坪上 我妈会生气的 |
[51:32] | How does she feel about black spray paint? | 那她对黑色喷漆怎么看呢 |
[51:39] | She’s in the TV room with the rest of them. | 她跟他们几个在电视房里 |
[51:42] | Have you seen that brand, Rust-Oleum? | 你见过那个牌子吗 爱丽 |
[51:45] | Quality’s twice as good but it’s half as expensive. | 质量比这个好两倍 但价格只要一半 |
[51:50] | We artists got to stick together. | 我们艺术家要互相帮助 |
[52:35] | No, you obviously don’t have AIDS. Like, clearly. | 不 你显然没有艾滋 很明显 |
[52:39] | – How do you get AIDS? – What is AIDS? What is AIDS? | -怎么才会得艾滋 -什么是艾滋 什么是艾滋 |
[52:42] | Is that like HI‐‐ like I know, no, no, I know, it’s like, | 是不是 我知道 不 我知道 就好像 |
[52:44] | you get a cold and then you die. | 你得个感冒 然后就死了 |
[52:45] | – But like, what… – Yeah. | -但是好像 -对 |
[52:47] | It stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. | 它的意思是获得性免疫缺陷综合征 |
[52:50] | It’s basically where your body, like, breaks down | 基本上就是你的身体崩溃了 |
[52:53] | and can’t fight off any form of disease. | 无法跟任何疾病进行斗争 |
[52:55] | But it’s, like, super rare. | 但它是非常罕见的 |
[52:57] | Can, can you like, get it from, like, germs, right? | 会通过细菌什么的感染上吗 |
[53:00] | Oh, my God, you’re such a moron. | 我的天哪 你真是个白痴 |
[53:02] | You can’t‐‐ no, you’re not‐‐ | 你不可能 你不可能 |
[53:04] | You can’t get it from like, anything. | 你不可能通过任何东西感染上 |
[53:05] | You have to have like, an open sore. | 你得有一个开放的伤口 |
[53:08] | Look, Puck’s not the one I wouldn’t want to live with, | 我不想跟不是帕克那样的人一起生活 |
[53:10] | that all I’m saying. | 这就是我要说的 |
[53:11] | – That’s a double negative. – Dude, you’re a double negative. | -那是双重否定 -哥们 你才是双重否定 |
[53:14] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[53:28] | I’ll meet you in the car. | 你到车上等我 |
[53:31] | Go. | 去吧 |
[53:45] | Isabelle Marie, what on earth are you doing? | 伊莎贝尔·玛丽 你究竟在干什么 |
[53:50] | Can I talk to you, if you have a minute? | 如果你有空的话 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[53:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[53:55] | Does the offer still stand? | 你的邀请还有效吗 |
[53:58] | I’m sorry? | 什么邀请 |
[54:00] | That you made the other day | 就是你那天说的 |
[54:01] | that I should have reacted to more graciously. | 我原本应该表现得更有礼貌一些 |
[54:07] | I’d like to take you up on it. | 我想接受 |
[54:08] | To help you in your household if the offer still stands. | 给你们家帮忙 如果这个邀请还有效的话 |
[54:17] | If you’d like to. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[54:19] | Sure. | 当然 |
[54:22] | Great. | 太好了 |
[54:24] | Great. | 太好了 |
[54:44] | We should stop at a paint store. | 我们要去一趟涂料店 |
[54:46] | Pick up a quart of cerulean blue. | 去买一升蔚蓝色 |
[54:51] | What? | 什么 |
[54:56] | Wait, what? Wait, are you serious? | 等等 什么 等等 你说真的吗 |
[54:59] | ‐ Yes. ‐ Thank you. | -对 -谢谢 |
[55:01] | Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[55:11] | Hello, It’s Elena Richardson again | 你好 还是我 埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[55:14] | calling about your former tenant. | 我打电话是关于你之前的租户 |
[55:16] | I was wondering if you could | 不知道你能否 |
[55:17] | call me back anytime tonight, no matter how late. | 今晚回我电话 多晚都行 |
[55:20] | Um, thank you so much. I would really appreciate it. | 非常感谢 我会很感激的 |
[55:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[55:44] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[55:48] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[56:07] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[56:10] | It’s Saturday. | 今天星期六了 |
[57:34] | Yes, hello? | 对 你好 |
[57:37] | Yes, thank you for calling me back. I really appreciate it. | 对 谢谢你回电 我很感激 |
[57:42] | I was calling about your former tenant, Mia Warren. | 我打电话是想问问你之前的租户 米娅·沃伦 |
[57:45] | Yeah, no, she wasn’t my tenant. | 不 她不是我的租户 |
[57:49] | Okay, I… she had you down as a reference. | 好吧 我 她写的推荐人是你 |
[57:51] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[57:53] | Positive. I’ve never met a Mia Warren in my life. | 确定 我这辈子从没见过叫米娅·沃伦的人 |
[57:58] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |