时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Okay, first day of school photo. I want to see joy on three. | 开学第一天的合影 数到三后笑起来 |
[00:06] | Joy! | 开心 |
[00:09] | How long have they been going out? | 他们交往多久了 |
[00:10] | Long enough for Lexie to have their wedding planned. | 久到莱克西已经计划好了他们的婚礼 |
[00:12] | – I’m going to Yale. ‐ Congratulations. | -我打算去耶鲁大学 -恭喜 |
[00:15] | She hasn’t even applied yet. | 她还没申请呢 |
[00:17] | Oh, so you want to change your math class. | 所以你想调你的数学班 |
[00:19] | They try to discourage minorities from taking advanced courses. | 他们设法阻止少数族裔选修高级课程 |
[00:22] | I think I figured out what I’m gonna do for my Yale essay. | 我想我知道我的耶鲁大学论文要写什么了 |
[00:27] | If you don’t stand up for yourself, who will? | 如果你都不为自己抗争 那谁会帮你 |
[00:32] | I’d like to help you in your household if the offer still stands. | 我想给你们家帮忙 如果这个邀请还有效的话 |
[00:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[00:37] | Hon, look, | 亲爱的 听着 |
[00:38] | you’re allowed to change your mind if you don’t want her there. | 如果你不想让她住那儿了 你有权改变主意 |
[00:41] | I did lie. I put down a fake reference. | 我确实说谎了 我给了你一封假的推荐信 |
[00:45] | But I’m not a criminal. | 但我不是罪犯 |
[00:48] | Why don’t we have a glass of wine? | 不如我们来喝一杯吧 |
[00:50] | What’s going on with her? | 她怎么了 |
[00:52] | I had a daughter. | 我曾经有个女儿 |
[00:54] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[00:56] | May Ling. | 美玲 |
[02:06] | You’re 70 cents short. | 你少了70美分 |
[02:07] | Please, she not eat for days. I not eat for week. | 拜托 她很多天没吃过东西了 我一周没吃过了 |
[02:10] | Then try breastfeeding. It’s free. | 那就试试母乳喂养 不要钱 |
[02:13] | – Please. ‐ Get the fuck out of my store! | -求求你了 -滚出我的商店 |
[04:30] | We’re closed. | 我们关门了 |
[04:31] | Is, uh…is Scott around? | 斯科特在吗 |
[04:33] | I’m…here to hit the slopes. | 我是来”滑雪”[嗑药]的 |
[04:38] | Try the kitchen. | 去厨房找他把 |
[04:46] | – How can he not get caught? ‐ God only knows. | -他怎么从没被抓过 -鬼知道 |
[04:50] | Maybe because his face. He’s dumb but cute. | 也许是因为他的脸 虽然傻却挺帅的 |
[04:55] | More dumb than cute. | 傻多过帅 |
[04:58] | Beef and broccoli and fried rice. | 牛肉西兰花炒饭 |
[05:00] | And you take the egg rolls | 还有蛋卷 |
[05:02] | because I took them all for Pearl last night. | 因为昨晚我全拿给珀尔了 |
[05:04] | Pearl? Is that your daughter’s name? | 珀尔 那是你女儿的名字吗 |
[05:10] | ‐ It’s beautiful. ‐ Thank you. | -很美的名字 -谢谢 |
[05:15] | So is May Ling. | 美玲也是 |
[05:23] | Sometimes…I still hear her cry. | 有时候 我仍然能听到她的哭声 |
[05:37] | Of course you do. Because you’re her mother. | 当然了 因为你是她妈妈 |
[05:42] | She gone. | 她不在了 |
[05:45] | I’m not her mother anymore. | 我不再是她妈妈了 |
[05:47] | Bebe, a mother is a mother, and you will always be hers. | 贝比 母亲就是母亲 你永远都会是她的 |
[05:50] | I leave her. I do that. | 我离开了她 我那么做了 |
[05:53] | ‐ It doesn’t matter what I want. ‐ No, it does. | -我想要什么不重要 -不 |
[05:55] | It matters. May Ling is out there. | 当然重要 美玲还在某个地方 |
[06:00] | And if you want her, you have to find her. Whatever it takes. | 如果你想要她 你就得找到她 不惜一切代价 |
[06:03] | Find her? You think it’s so easy? | 找到她 你以为有这么容易吗 |
[06:07] | You think I’m not trying my best to find her? | 你以为我没有尽力去找她吗 |
[06:09] | I’m illegal. | 我是非法移民 |
[06:11] | If I go to police station, they’ll send me back. | 如果我去警察局 他们就会遣返我 |
[06:24] | Hey, hey. Uh, I didn’t finish A Separate Peace. | 嘿 我没看完《一个人的和平》 |
[06:27] | What happens? | 后面发生了什么 |
[06:29] | Um, Finny’s in the tree, and Gene shakes the branch. | 菲尼在树里 吉恩摇树枝 |
[06:34] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[06:36] | Decent penmanship. | 笔法不错 |
[06:38] | Is it still penmanship when it’s done with a paintbrush? | 用画刷写的还能叫笔法吗 |
[06:40] | Paintbrushmanship? | 刷法 |
[06:43] | I meant about going. | 我是说参加 |
[06:44] | I think I would rather | 我觉得我宁愿 |
[06:46] | finally watch Before Sunrise like we planned. | 像我们计划的那样观看《爱在黎明破晓前》 |
[06:49] | It’s been weeks. | 已经好几周了 |
[06:52] | So, uh, what happens next? | 接下来发生了什么 |
[06:55] | Um, Finny falls and breaks his leg. | 菲尼掉下来摔断了腿 |
[06:58] | When that counselor discouraged me from taking a harder math class, | 当那个辅导员劝阻我去上更难的数学课时 |
[07:01] | I found myself angry and confused. | 我既生气又迷茫 |
[07:03] | Our conversation took less than a minute, | 我们的对话不到一分钟 |
[07:05] | the same amount of time it took | 同样的时间里 |
[07:07] | for that metaphorical glass ceiling | 那个隐喻性的玻璃天花板[无形屏障] |
[07:08] | to form right above my head. | 在我头顶形成 |
[07:10] | His sexism was telling me loud and clear. | 他的性别歧视清楚告诉我 |
[07:12] | That I would never go as far as my male classmates. | 我永远达不到我男性同学的高度 |
[07:15] | Sexist discrimination is more than a hardship. | 性别歧视不仅仅是辛酸 |
[07:17] | It’s the pervasive reality of being a woman. | 它是一个女人的普遍现实 |
[07:19] | – Mm-hmm. ‐ And it’s a reality I’m striving to change | -嗯 -随着我们即将进入21世纪 |
[07:22] | as we move into the twenty‐first century. | 我要努力改变这一现实 |
[07:24] | As our first lady said, | 我们的第一夫人说过 |
[07:25] | we as women can do more than sit home and bake cookies. | 我们作为女人可以做的不只是闲坐在家 烘焙饼干 |
[07:28] | Glass ceilings are glass | 玻璃天花板是玻璃做的 |
[07:29] | because they are made to be shattered. | 因为它们注定要被粉碎 |
[07:34] | Well? What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[07:38] | Um, yeah, it was-it was good. | 嗯 挺好的 |
[07:41] | I, I didn’t know that happened to you, so… | 我不知道你有遇到这事 |
[07:44] | Are, are we, are we still doing… | 我们还要继续吗 |
[07:47] | Okay, well, why would I have written it if it didn’t happen? | 要是没发生我为什么要写下来 |
[07:49] | Guess not. | 看来是不继续了 |
[07:51] | I don’t know, I guess I | 我不知道 我想我 |
[07:53] | just figured you would have…said something. | 只是以为你会说点什么 |
[07:55] | What, to get second guessed for my experience? | 说什么 猜疑我的经历吗 |
[07:58] | – Why are you getting so mad? ‐ Is this even about my essay? | -你这么生气干什么 -是因为我的论文吗 |
[08:02] | Is this about sex? | 是因为性爱吗 |
[08:04] | What are you…no. | 你 不是 |
[08:08] | No. | 不是 |
[08:10] | But prom and Homecoming are basically the same thing, so… | 但毕业舞会和返校节基本上是一回事 |
[08:15] | Okay, they are completely different. | 完全不一样 |
[08:17] | When did Brenda and Dylan have sex? | 布兰达和迪伦什么时候做的爱 |
[08:20] | It was prom night, Brian. | 是在毕业舞会当晚 布莱恩 |
[08:22] | Um, no, actually, it wasn’t. It was the spring dance. | 不 实际上不是的 是在春季舞会 |
[08:24] | The spring dance and prom are the same thing. | 春季舞会和毕业舞会是一回事 |
[08:26] | They just couldn’t say that because they were juniors twice. | 他们不这么说是因为他们读了两次十一年级 |
[08:27] | Which is exactly why | 正因此 |
[08:29] | we shouldn’t use them as our sexual touchstone. | 我们不该把他们当做我们的性爱试金石 |
[08:32] | That show is stupid, anyway. It doesn’t make any sense. | 而且那节目很弱智 根本不合逻辑 |
[08:36] | Where’s your faceplate? | 你的面板呢 |
[08:39] | I was very clear when I ordered these cookies, | 我订购这些饼干的时候说得很清楚 |
[08:42] | 27 days ago, that I needed them Friday | 27天前 我周五要 |
[08:44] | and tomorrow is Friday. | 明天就是周五了 |
[08:46] | Trip, get off the line. I’m on the phone. | 崔普 别打电话了 我在打电话 |
[08:48] | – Sorry, Mom. – You could try a different kind of cookie. | -抱歉 妈妈 -你可以试试别的饼干 |
[08:49] | No, a different kind of cookie is not gonna work. | 不 别的饼干不行 |
[08:51] | You can’t put a tiny message in a different cookie. | 你不能把小纸条放到别的饼干里 |
[08:54] | – Bev. – Can you hang on a sec? | -贝芙 -你能稍等下吗 |
[08:55] | – Okay, yes, fine, I’ll hold. ‐ I’m home. | -好的 我可以等 -我回家了 |
[08:57] | Hi, honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[08:59] | There’s a problem with the cookies. | 饼干出了问题 |
[09:02] | What cookies? | 什么饼干 |
[09:03] | The ones I’ve been talking about for literally a month. | 我说了一个月的饼干 |
[09:05] | The ones for Mirabelle’s birthday party. Dinner, everybody. | 蜜拉贝尔生日派对的 吃晚饭了各位 |
[09:08] | – We got a fine at Windsor. ‐ What? | -温斯洛路的房子收到了罚单 -什么 |
[09:10] | Mm-hmm. She let the grass grow over six inches. | 嗯 她让草长过了6英寸 |
[09:14] | Uh, is it all right if Pearl stays for dinner? | 珀尔能留下来吃晚饭吗 |
[09:15] | Yes, of course, as long as it’s okay with her mother. | 当然 只要她妈妈不介意 |
[09:18] | ‐ Is it fine with your mom? ‐ I’m sure it’s fine, yeah. | -你妈妈介意吗 -肯定不会的 |
[09:20] | Okay, great. Can we talk about this later? | 那就好 我们能晚点谈吗 |
[09:23] | Uh, Moody, will you take the rolls | 穆迪 你能把面包卷拿出来 |
[09:24] | and put them on the table and also set? | 放到桌上吗 顺便摆餐具 |
[09:26] | ‐ Are you still there? ‐ Yes, I’m still holding Bev. | -你还在吗 -在的 贝芙 |
[09:29] | Okay, yeah. | 好 |
[09:35] | She agreed to follow the ordinances when she moved in. | 她搬进来的时候同意会遵守条例的 |
[09:39] | Oh, great. That’s so great to hear that. | 好 听你这么说真是太好了 |
[09:42] | You’re a lifesaver. All right, thank you, honey. Bye. | 你真是救命恩人 谢谢你 亲爱的 拜 |
[09:45] | Moody, don’t forget the cloth napkins. | 穆迪 别忘了餐巾 |
[09:47] | ‐ Hon. ‐ Yes, it’s my fault. | -亲爱的 -嗯 是我的错 |
[09:49] | She asked for gas for the mower and I just completely forgot. | 她有问我要过割草机的汽油 我给忘了 |
[09:53] | Okay, but you’re normally the one who’s out there with a ruler. | 可平时最严格的都是你 |
[09:56] | I know, but she works three jobs and she made our dinner. | 我知道 但她要做三份工作 还给我们做了晚餐 |
[10:00] | How about you mow the lawn? | 要不你去除草吧 |
[10:02] | Moody, don’t forget the forks are on the left. | 穆迪 别忘了叉子要放左边 |
[10:05] | I don’t feel like you’re really hearing me here. | 我感觉你没有把我的话听进去 |
[10:07] | Look who’s here, finally. | 看看谁终于来了 |
[10:09] | Oh, my goodness, Brian! | 天呐 布莱恩 |
[10:10] | How are you? It has been so long. | 你好吗 好久不见 |
[10:14] | Why is it so hard to get you to this house? | 让你光顾可真是难啊 |
[10:17] | Thanks for having me, Mrs. Richardson. | 谢谢邀请我 理查德森夫人 |
[10:19] | Always. Okay, Moody, make sure everybody has a drink. | 客气 穆迪 确保大家都有饮料 |
[10:21] | We have strawberry, kiwi, and diet peach Snapple. | 我们有草莓汁 猕猴桃汁和健怡水蜜桃味斯奈普果汁 |
[10:25] | And Lexie, get your brother and sister. | 莱克西 去叫你哥哥和姐姐 |
[10:26] | I don’t know what’s taking them so long. | 不知道怎么这么慢 |
[10:28] | Yo, dinner. | 喂 吃晚饭了 |
[10:32] | – Uh, hey. ‐ Hi, I’m Pearl. | -嘿 -嗨 我是珀尔 |
[10:34] | – Oh, you two don’t know each other? – No. | -你们俩不认识吗 -是的 |
[10:36] | Oh, you’re gonna love each other. | 你们会喜欢对方的 |
[10:37] | I’m sure you have so much in common. | 你们肯定有很多共同点 |
[10:41] | No way. You must like rap and basketball too, huh? | 不可能 你也喜欢嘻哈和篮球吗 |
[10:48] | It’s called the Million Woman March. | 叫做百万妇女游行 |
[10:50] | I just think that that should be for all women. | 我觉得应该囊括所有女性 |
[10:52] | Like the Million Man March. | 就像百万人大游行一样 |
[10:53] | Yeah, but that was actually just black men. | 嗯 但那其实只是黑人男性 |
[10:56] | Yo, can I get a roll? | 能把面包卷递我吗 |
[10:58] | ‐ Dude, don’t be a little bitch, bro. ‐ Hey, Trip. | -哥们 别这么贱 好吗 -崔普 |
[11:00] | ‐ Give me the rolls. ‐ He just said bitch. | -面包卷给我 -他刚说我贱 |
[11:01] | Moody, I don’t like that language. | 穆迪 我不喜欢这用语 |
[11:03] | I just think that there should be a march for everyone. | 我觉得应该有一个囊括所有人的游行 |
[11:05] | Otherwise, it’s outdated and sexist. | 不然就是过时的且性别歧视 |
[11:06] | Mm, sexist. Your favorite word. | 性别歧视 你最爱的单词 |
[11:10] | Like the March on Washington. Right, Mom? | 就像华盛顿大游行 对吗 妈 |
[11:11] | ‐ You said that was for everyone. ‐ It was amazing. | -你说那次是囊括了所有人 -很震撼 |
[11:14] | Young, old, white, African-American. | 年轻人 老人 白人 非裔美国人 |
[11:17] | Religious leaders, activists, union members. | 宗教领袖 活动家 工会成员 |
[11:20] | Just a beautiful blend of people. Including Dr. King, of course. | 融合了各种人 当然包括金博士 |
[11:25] | I remember being a child and even at that moment, | 我记得我当时还小 即使在那个时刻 |
[11:27] | I knew it was monumental. | 我就知道那具有里程碑的意义 |
[11:29] | It really was a dream. It was. | 真的是一个梦 真的 |
[11:33] | It’s like the Minority Achievement Committee. | 就像少数族裔成就委员会 |
[11:35] | Right, like, I of course support minorities achieving, | 我当然支持少数族裔成功 |
[11:37] | and yet, I can’t go to any of those meetings. | 但我却不能参加他们的会议 |
[11:39] | Well, the group is kind of about, you know, | 那个组织主要是为了 |
[11:42] | black students supporting each other, so… | 黑人学生互相支持 |
[11:44] | – You think? ‐ You know, no one’s talking to you, Izzy. | -你这么觉得 -没人跟你说话 伊奇 |
[11:48] | Yeah, no one wants to hear you talk, Lexie. | 没人想听你说话 莱克西 |
[11:49] | ‐ Okay, you two, please don’t start. ‐ Brian, I noticed | -你们俩 别闹 -布莱恩 我 |
[11:52] | a real need for that at the school | 在学校处理珀尔和她辅导员的时候 |
[11:54] | when I was dealing with Pearl and her counselor. | 就注意到学校很需要这个 |
[11:58] | Wait, what, what happened with the counselor? | 什么 辅导员怎么了 |
[12:00] | ‐ He was a jerk. ‐ Yeah. | -他是个混蛋 -嗯 |
[12:01] | Mr. Bowers wouldn’t let Pearl switch to Algebra 2. | 鲍尔斯先生不允许珀尔去上代数二 |
[12:04] | But Elena helped. She fixed it, | 但埃琳娜帮了忙 她解决了问题 |
[12:07] | so I’m really grateful for that. | 我很感激 |
[12:09] | What about Lilith Fair? Is that sexist? | 莉莉丝音乐节呢 那算性别歧视吗 |
[12:12] | – What is Lilith Fair? ‐ It’s your worst nightmare. | -什么是莉莉丝音乐节 -那是你的噩梦 |
[12:14] | ‐ Trip. ‐ No wonder they call you “Ellen.” | -崔普 -难怪他们叫你”艾伦” |
[12:15] | Trip Richardson! I said enough! | 崔普·理查德森 我说够了 |
[12:26] | I’m sorry, why do they call your sister “Ellen”? | 不好意思 他们为什么叫你妹妹”艾伦” |
[12:29] | Like DeGeneres, Mom. | 就像艾伦·德詹尼丝[女同] 妈 |
[12:32] | Because she’s funny? | 因为她很逗吗 |
[12:35] | No. | 不是 |
[12:43] | Um, it was last winter. Um, she was a young mother. | 是去年冬天 她是个很年轻的妈妈 |
[12:47] | The baby was– is Chinese. Just a couple months old. | 孩子是中国人 只有几个月大 |
[12:52] | She has a tiny red dot on her scalp. | 她头皮上有个小红点 |
[12:55] | It wasn’t this station, but yeah, I heard about it. | 不是这个消防站 不过我听说过这件事 |
[12:57] | So if I wanted to know where the baby ended up… | 如果我想知道那个孩子的去向 |
[13:00] | I’d try the police. | 找警察问问吧 |
[13:05] | Right. If, um, is there anybody else I, I could also talk to? | 好吧 如果 这里还有其他我能问的人吗 |
[13:09] | – Just to be vigilant. ‐ Only the police. | -出于谨慎 -只能问警察 |
[13:13] | They’re your best bet if you want to find that baby. | 如果想找到那个孩子 他们是最好选择 |
[13:15] | – Okay, thanks. ‐ Good luck. | -好的 谢谢 -祝你好运 |
[13:31] | – You didn’t have to drive me. ‐ Oh, no, it was easy. | -你不用开车送我的 -没事 小事一桩 |
[13:33] | I was running errands on this side of town anyway. | 反正我也要到这边来办事 |
[13:36] | But I don’t know how I’m gonna get it all done before Saturday. | 不过我不知道怎样才能在周六前搞定所有事 |
[13:39] | Right. | 是啊 |
[13:40] | It’s essential a one-year-old have a night to not remember. | 一岁小孩度过一个不会记得的夜晚十分重要 |
[13:44] | You could help me if you’re available. | 你要是有空的话可以来帮帮我 |
[13:46] | I, I could use the extra set of hands. | 我 我很需要额外人手 |
[13:49] | Although, maybe you’re going to Homecoming or‐‐ | 不过 你要去返校节 或者 |
[13:51] | I’m not, Mom. | 我不去 妈妈 |
[13:55] | You know, you don’t have to go with a date. | 你不是一定得和男伴一起去 |
[13:57] | You could go with a group of girlfriends. | 你可以和一群闺蜜一起去 |
[14:00] | ‐ What about April? ‐ Mom. | -艾普尔怎么样 -妈妈 |
[14:03] | What, I… | 怎么了 我 |
[14:08] | Is she the one calling you names at school? | 是她在学校辱骂你吗 |
[14:18] | I remember when I was in 7th grade and Linda got boobs. | 我还记得7年级的时候 琳达发育了 |
[14:22] | And I was concave. | 而我还是飞机场 |
[14:24] | And all the boys were flirting with her and snapping her bra, | 所有男孩都和她调情 揪她的肩带 |
[14:29] | and I didn’t have boobs, so… | 而我还没有胸 |
[14:31] | you know what I did? | 你知道我是怎么干的吗 |
[14:33] | You walked the halls without being harassed and groped? | 你穿过走廊而没被骚扰和乱摸吗 |
[14:37] | I padded my bra, little by little, until my boobs came in. | 我垫了胸罩 一点点增加厚度 直到我的胸长大 |
[14:41] | So you overcame your shame of being flat by living a lie? | 所以你用一个谎言克服了平胸的羞耻 |
[14:48] | Well, no, I shaped the story that I wanted to tell, literally. | 并不是 我塑造了我想讲述的故事 字面意义上 |
[14:53] | Come to think of it, it was probably my, | 现在想来 那也许是我 |
[14:55] | my first experience as a journalist. | 第一次记者的经历 |
[14:58] | This is the worst story I’ve ever heard. | 这真是我听过最糟的故事 |
[15:01] | Everybody’s telling a story, Isabelle. | 每个人都在编造自己的故事 伊莎贝尔 |
[15:03] | Whether they admit it or not. | 不管他们承认与否 |
[15:05] | You shouldn’t let those girls write a story for you. | 你不该让那些女孩编造你的故事 |
[15:08] | If they’re saying something untrue, | 如果她们说了假话 |
[15:09] | then you should change the story. | 那你就得改变它 |
[15:17] | Are they saying something untrue? | 她们说的是假话吧 |
[15:20] | – Of course it’s untrue. ‐ Okay. | -当然是 -那就好 |
[15:24] | Well then, then you should change the story. | 那么 你就得改变这个故事 |
[15:30] | How you doing out there, Cardinals? | 红雀队 你们好吗 |
[15:37] | Brian, I 911’d you and I 143’d last night. | 布莱恩 我昨晚紧急呼叫了你 还说了我爱你 |
[15:41] | Where were you? | 你干嘛去了 |
[15:44] | Is this still about the stupid essay? | 还是因为那篇破论文吗 |
[15:47] | Okay, why do you care so much about some girl that you met once? | 为什么你这么在意一个只见过一次的女孩 |
[15:49] | – I don’t. ‐ You don’t. | -我不在意 -你不在意 |
[15:51] | No, it’s not about Pearl. | 是的 这和珀尔无关 |
[15:53] | What you did, that, that’s fucked up, Lexie. | 你做的事太过分了 莱克西 |
[15:56] | And if you can’t see that, then… | 如果你意识不到的话 那么 |
[15:58] | Then what? | 那么怎么样 |
[16:02] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:50] | Whoo, looking good, ladies. Real good. | 真不错 姑娘们 非常好 |
[16:53] | Give it up for our cheer squad! | 为我们的啦啦队鼓掌 |
[16:59] | – We’re like trained seals. ‐ Who? | -我们就像训练有序的海豹一样 -什么 |
[17:01] | Mankind. Some so-called authority says clap, and we clap. | 人类 所谓的权威让我们鼓掌 我们就鼓掌 |
[17:04] | The moment you’ve all been waiting for… | 你们期盼已久的时刻 |
[17:07] | – Our 1997– ‐ I was thinking about going. | -我们的1997 -我在考虑去 |
[17:10] | To Homecoming. | 返校节 |
[17:12] | – With who? ‐ I don’t know. | -和谁去 -不知道 |
[17:14] | Friends? You guys, maybe? | 朋友 或者和你们一起 |
[17:18] | Erin Flood and William Richardson! | 艾琳·弗勒德 威廉·理查德森 |
[17:26] | Yeah. Yeah, I mean, if you, if you need people to go with, | 好啊 如果你 如果你需要有人和你一起去的话 |
[17:30] | we could, like, all go together. | 我们可以 都一起去 |
[17:32] | And we don’t really have to be into it. | 我们不需要参与进去 |
[17:34] | It can be more of like a… | 可以更像是 |
[17:36] | like a social experiment. We could be like anthropologists. | 社会实验 我们可以像人类学家一样 |
[17:42] | High school dances don’t need anthropologists. | 高中舞会不需要人类学家 |
[17:45] | They’re their own genre. | 他们自成一派 |
[17:46] | You’ve seen Sixteen Candles and Carrie, right? | 你看过《十六支蜡烛》和《魔女嘉莉》对吧 |
[17:49] | – Yeah. ‐ And trust me. | -看过 -相信我 |
[17:50] | Before Sunrise, way better. | 《爱在黎明破晓前》好看多了 |
[17:53] | What if you guys do both? The dance and then the movie? | 要是我们两者都去呢 舞会和电影都去 |
[17:56] | Yeah. Yeah, I mean, we could. | 好啊 我们可以 |
[17:58] | And if you’re still up to it, we could all go together. | 如果你们还想去的话 我们可以一起 |
[18:02] | Fine, I’ll go. | 行 我去 |
[18:04] | But if they play that fucking Sugar Ray song, I’m out. | 但如果他们放甜蜜射线的那首歌 我就退出 |
[18:08] | – Kristen Braun and Jamie Sheridan! ‐ Then I’m in. | -克里斯滕·布劳恩以及杰米·谢里丹 -那我加入 |
[18:18] | And finally, she has a perfect 4.0 | 最后 她有着4.0的绩点 |
[18:22] | and came in third in the Ohio state monologue competition | 并且在俄亥俄州独白比赛中 |
[18:25] | for her moving rendition of Butterflies Are Free, | 以其在《蝴蝶小姐》中的动人表演获得季军 |
[18:30] | and he is a three-sport athlete and our quarterback, | 而他是一名三项全能的运动员 也是我们的四分卫 |
[18:35] | our king and queen, | 有请我们的返校节国王和女王 |
[18:36] | Alexandra Richardson and Brian Harlins! | 亚历山德拉·理查德森和布莱恩·哈林 |
[18:55] | So, your lawn’s done, and I filled up the mower. | 草除完了 割草机也加满油了 |
[18:59] | so the tank is ready to go for a next time. | 油箱里的油够你下一次除草了 |
[19:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:08] | Who shot that? | 那是谁拍的 |
[19:11] | – I did. ‐ Really? | -我拍的 -真的吗 |
[19:13] | That’s, uh… | 那很 |
[19:22] | You’re a lawyer. | 你是个律师 |
[19:27] | Are there any immigration lawyers at your firm? | 你们律所有移民律师吗 |
[19:29] | No, not at my firm. | 我们律所没有 |
[19:31] | But I know some good guys downtown. Why? | 不过我在市中心认识几个不错的 为什么这么问 |
[19:32] | Do you know anyone who would work pro bono? | 你认识愿意提供无偿服务的律师吗 |
[19:36] | No. The guys I know are pretty pricey, | 不认识 我认识的律师收费都很高 |
[19:39] | and they definitely don’t work for free, sorry. | 他们绝不会提供无偿服务 抱歉 |
[19:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:59] | What do you think today? Springer or Ricki? | 你今天想看什么节目 《斯普林格秀》还是《瑞奇秀》 |
[20:02] | We could do something crazy and watch Oprah. | 我们可以做些疯狂的事 看《奥普拉脱口秀》 |
[20:05] | I would love to, but | 我很想去 但 |
[20:06] | I kind of got to go find a dress for Homecoming. | 我得去找一件参加返校节的礼服 |
[20:09] | You can borrow something. | 你可以去借衣服 |
[20:10] | Do you know how much frilly shit I have in my closet I’ve never worn? | 你知道我衣柜里有多少我从没穿过的衣服吗 |
[20:13] | – Okay. ‐ Wait, so you need a dress? | -好啊 -等等 你需要礼服吗 |
[20:15] | – We should go shopping. – Oh, um, yeah, we should. | -我们应该去购物 -对啊 我们应该去 |
[20:19] | – Oh, wait, you meant like, right now? ‐ Yeah. | -等等 你是说现在去吗 -对啊 |
[20:22] | Oh, uh, Moody, is that okay with you? | 穆迪 你不介意吧 |
[20:25] | Yeah, sure. | 当然不介意 |
[20:27] | – All right. ‐ I’m parked in the Oval. Let’s go. | -好的 -我把车停在了椭圆广场了 我们走吧 |
[20:29] | Oh, um, well, bye, guys. | 好吧 再见了各位 |
[20:33] | See you. | 回头见 |
[20:37] | So the balloons, we’re gonna pick them up tomorrow. | 我们明天去拿气球 |
[20:39] | The catering is set. | 餐饮准备好了 |
[20:41] | Oh, you did a great job on the centerpieces. Thank you. | 你把桌面装饰物做得很漂亮 谢谢你 |
[20:44] | – Oh, thank you. ‐ Thank you. | -谢谢你 -是我要谢谢你 |
[20:46] | I wish I could steal you tomorrow night. | 我真希望明晚能把你给抢过来 |
[20:50] | Well, takeout duty calls. | 好吧 我得去送外卖 |
[20:52] | Uh, did you see the fortune cookie party favors? | 你有看到幸运饼干小礼品吗 |
[20:55] | – Yeah. ‐ You should take some for Pearl. | -当然 -你应该带一点给珀尔 |
[20:57] | Oh, no, thank you. We, we have plenty. | 不用了 谢谢 我们有很多饼干 |
[20:59] | – It’s a perk of the job. ‐ Oh, of course. | -那是工作的好处之一 -当然 |
[21:02] | Now, your paper roses look perfect | 你的折纸玫瑰看上去棒极了 |
[21:04] | and mine look like wadded up pieces of trash. | 而我的看起来就像是揉成一团的垃圾 |
[21:08] | If this is what happens when she turns one, | 如果她1岁生日就这样过的话 |
[21:10] | what are you gonna do at 16? | 那她16岁时你要做些什么 |
[21:13] | Well, this isn’t a typical one‐year‐old birthday party | 和其它的1岁生日派对不同 |
[21:16] | with other one-year-olds. | 这不是典型的1岁生日派对 |
[21:20] | I mean, it’s sort of been a process for Linda and Mark. | 这对于琳达和马克而言很不容易 |
[21:25] | They tried for so long to get pregnant. Decades, even. | 他们一直努力尝试怀孕 甚至试了数十年 |
[21:30] | And all of their friends had kids in their 20’s like me | 他们所有的朋友在20多岁时都有孩子了 像我一样 |
[21:32] | and it was just heartbreak after heartbreak for her. | 对她而言 只是一次又一次的心碎 |
[21:36] | She always showed up for me. | 她总是陪在我身边 |
[21:38] | When Lexie was born, she was there. | 莱克西出生时 她在我身边 |
[21:40] | When Trip was born, she was there. | 崔普出生时 她在我身边 |
[21:42] | At every birthday party. | 每年生日派对她都来 |
[21:44] | She threw me four baby showers. | 她为我举办了四次迎婴派对 |
[21:47] | She even watched them when I couldn’t. | 她甚至在我没空时照顾他们 |
[21:51] | So all of this is really just a celebration | 所以这一切其实都是为了庆祝 |
[21:53] | for her and-and Mark as parents. | 她和马克成为了父母 |
[21:57] | You know, because Mirabelle, that all happened so quickly, | 因为蜜拉贝尔 这一切发生得都太快了 |
[21:59] | and you know, there was no time to plan a shower. | 来不及计划迎婴派对了 |
[22:02] | Obviously, they weren’t there at the birth, so… | 显然 她出生时他们不在场 所以… |
[22:05] | What-what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:08] | – Oh, haven’t you met Mirabelle? ‐ No. | -你还没见过蜜拉贝尔吗 -没有 |
[22:11] | Oh, I just assumed. Um, the McCulloughs adopted her. | 我还以为你见过了 麦卡洛夫妇收养了她 |
[22:14] | Ah, I had no idea. | 我都不知道 |
[22:16] | Oh, it’s actually an incredible story. | 那是个不可思议的故事 |
[22:19] | I thought about pitching it to People. | 我都想把它投稿去《人物》杂志 |
[22:21] | So Linda and Mark had all but given up hope. | 琳达和马克几乎要放弃希望了 |
[22:24] | And then, they got a call | 然后 他们接到了电话 |
[22:25] | that there was a two-month-old baby girl found starving, | 说发现了一位2个月大的女婴 快饿死了 |
[22:28] | just left out, in the dead of winter, alone, | 在隆冬时节 被独自遗弃 |
[22:32] | outside a fire station in… it was Cleveland, I think. | 在克利夫兰的一个消防站外 |
[22:35] | – It was Cleveland. ‐ Um, um, what? | -在克利夫兰 -你说什么 |
[22:38] | A fire station. | 消防站 |
[22:41] | I know. Who does that? | 我知道 怎么会有人那么干呢 |
[22:43] | I mean, if you can’t handle being a mom, then don’t get pregnant. | 如果你当不好妈妈 那就别怀孕啊 |
[22:47] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[22:50] | Um, so the, the fortune cookies. Are those because she is… | 所以那些幸运饼干 是因为她是… |
[22:56] | Chinese. It’s clever, isn’t it? | 她是中国人 这很巧妙 对吗 |
[23:00] | – Oh, I’m going to Homecoming. ‐ What? With who? | -我要参加返校节 -什么 你和谁一起去 |
[23:04] | Friends. | 朋友们 |
[23:08] | We had a conversation and she actually listened to me. | 我们进行了一次对话 她竟然听进去了 |
[23:11] | One for the books. | 意想不到 |
[23:13] | Um, Elena, I just‐I just noticed the‐ the time. | 埃琳娜 我刚注意到时间差不多了 |
[23:19] | And I have to get home to Pearl, so… | 我得回家照顾珀尔 那… |
[23:22] | – Well, thank you for everything. ‐ Yeah. | -感谢你所做的一切 -好吧 |
[23:24] | Uh, are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[23:26] | Uh, yeah, yeah. I’m, I’m fine. | 当然 我很好 |
[23:35] | So this is fun. Us hanging out. | 这太有趣了 我们一起出来玩了 |
[23:37] | Yeah, totally. | 对啊 太棒了 |
[23:40] | We haven’t really done anything | 我们除了一起看《莉琪·雷克秀》和《真实世界》外 |
[23:41] | outside of Ricki Lake and Real World, you know? | 还没一起出来玩过呢 |
[23:44] | But I guess that’s kind of | 但我想这就是 |
[23:45] | the cool thing about the Shaker Heights kids. | 西克尔高地孩子们最酷的地方 |
[23:48] | You know, we all hang out with everyone. | 我们会和所有人一起玩 |
[23:49] | It’s not as clique-y as some of the other schools, you know? | 不像别的学校那样 搞小团体 |
[23:54] | Which is why the, um… the math class thing was so fucked up. | 这就是数学课搞砸了的原因 |
[23:58] | It was no big deal. Really. | 没关系的 真的 |
[24:01] | But hard, you know? | 但这太难了 |
[24:04] | Like a hardship. | 就像是磨难 |
[24:07] | Um, you know, your story | 你的经历 |
[24:10] | actually inspired the essay I wrote for Yale. | 其实启发了我写给耶鲁大学的论文 |
[24:14] | – It did? ‐ Totally. | -真的吗 -千真万确 |
[24:16] | I mean, whether you’re black or a girl, or, like, both, | 无论你是黑人 还是女孩 或是黑人女孩 |
[24:21] | when something like that happens to one of us, | 当我们中的任何一个人遇到这种事时 |
[24:23] | it’s like it happens to all of us, you know? | 我们所有人都会感同身受 |
[24:29] | Oh, my God. Pearl, you’re getting it. | 天啊 珀尔 你要把它买下来 |
[24:31] | I can’t. It’s way too much. | 我买不了 这太贵了 |
[24:32] | Uh, you can, because I’m paying for it. | 你可以买 因为我会付钱 |
[24:35] | – No, Lexie, I can’t let you do that. ‐ Uh, yes. | -不 莱克西 我不能让你这么做 -当然可以 |
[24:38] | You would look way better in this than I ever would. | 你穿这个比我穿好看得多 |
[24:41] | Doesn’t surprise me. You are so pretty. | 不出我意料 你太漂亮了 |
[24:43] | – Thank you. ‐ So is your mom. | -谢谢 -你妈妈也是 |
[24:45] | She’s got, like, this Denise from Cosby vibe. | 她有种 《考斯比一家》里的丹尼丝的感觉 |
[24:50] | And your dad. Is he, is he mixed? | 还有你爸爸 他是混血吗 |
[24:52] | Because you look so mixed to me. | 因为我觉得你很像混血 |
[24:54] | Um…maybe. I don’t really know. I’ve never met him. | 可能吧 我不太清楚 我从没见过他 |
[25:00] | But you’ve seen, like, a photo of him, right? | 但你见过他的照片 对吧 |
[25:03] | No. I, um…I should probably… | 没有 我 我可能应该 |
[25:07] | Well, you know, I once told Brian | 你知道 我之前告诉过布莱恩 |
[25:09] | that I was sure someone in his family was white, | 我确定他家里有人是白人 |
[25:11] | because of his mom’s hair, you know? | 因为他妈妈的头发 你知道吗 |
[25:13] | And then he got super offended. | 然后他特别生气 |
[25:14] | But it turns out that his grandma’s actually half‐Italian, | 结果他祖母其实有一半意大利血统 |
[25:17] | so he had to apologize because I was totally right. | 所以他就得道歉因为我完全没说错 |
[25:22] | So, I’m telling you, | 所以我告诉你 |
[25:23] | you’re-you’re mixed with something. Ask your mom. | 你一定是混血 问问你妈妈 |
[26:16] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[26:19] | Are you okay? What happened? | 你没事吧 出什么事了 |
[26:24] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[26:26] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[26:29] | Oh, I, um… | 我 |
[26:30] | I’m going to Homecoming with Moody and some friends. | 我要和穆迪和一些朋友去返校节 |
[26:37] | – What’s in the bag? ‐ A dress. | -包里是什么 -一条裙子 |
[26:41] | Can I see it? | 我能看看吗 |
[26:45] | I mean, it’s nothing. It was on sale. | 这没什么 它在打折 |
[26:47] | And I didn’t even buy it. The store was, like, | 我都没花钱买 那家店 |
[26:49] | practically giving them away. | 算是在派送 |
[27:02] | This is your thing now? Lying to me? | 你现在喜欢这样了 跟我说谎 |
[27:06] | Who bought this for you? | 谁给你买的 |
[27:10] | Lexie. | 莱克西 |
[27:11] | As a thank you for something that I helped her with. | 做为我帮她忙的谢礼 |
[27:13] | Mom, it’s not even a big deal. | 妈妈 这没什么的 |
[27:14] | No, you’re gonna return it to her. | 不 你要还给她 |
[27:15] | – We’ll find you something at Goodwill. ‐ What, no. | -我们在二手店给你买一条 -什么 不 |
[27:18] | If I buy something from Goodwill, | 如果我要在二手店买 |
[27:19] | I might as well just wear a paper bag from Weinen’s. | 还不如直接穿纸袋子 |
[27:21] | I’m not taking that back. | 我不会退回去的 |
[27:23] | You’re letting some rich spoiled white girl | 你在让某个被宠坏的有钱白人女孩 |
[27:27] | – turn you into her dress up doll. ‐ No, I’m not. | -把你变成换装娃娃 -我没有 |
[27:30] | She doesn’t own you. You don’t belong to Lexie Richardson. | 你不是她的 你不归莱克西·理查德森所有 |
[27:36] | Why are you working in their house? | 你为什么在他们家工作 |
[27:42] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[27:43] | For some extra spending money. | 为了多挣些钱 |
[27:45] | No, see, Mom, you could have worked anywhere. | 不 妈妈 你本可以在任何地方工作 |
[27:49] | You want me to be honest? You be. | 你想让我坦诚 那你也得做到 |
[27:53] | I want to know about where I came from. Like about your parents. | 我想知道我的身世 比如你的父母 |
[27:56] | You know about my parents. | 你知道我的父母 |
[27:57] | Besides the fact that you don’t speak. | 除了你不说的事情 |
[28:02] | And what about my dad? | 还有我的爸爸呢 |
[28:08] | Can I at least know about him? | 我能至少知道他的事吗 |
[28:10] | I told you, he is the person who gave me you. | 我告诉过你 他是把你给了我的人 |
[28:14] | That’s not an answer. | 那不是答案 |
[28:16] | What does he look like? Is he black? | 他长什么样子 是黑人吗 |
[28:20] | Is he white? Is he dead? Is he an alien? | 是白人吗 他死了吗 他是外星人吗 |
[28:23] | – Where is this coming from? ‐ I don’t even know what | -你为什么问这些 -我甚至都不知道 |
[28:24] | – my own father looks like, Mom. ‐ Why does it matter? He’s… | -我亲生父亲长什么样 妈妈 -这重要吗 他 |
[28:27] | I’m black. You’re black. | 我是黑人 你也是 |
[28:31] | You’re mine. You came from me. | 你是我的 是我生的 |
[28:36] | Why won’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[28:40] | – Why can’t I know? ‐ Because it doesn’t matter. | -我为什么不能知道 -因为这不重要 |
[28:42] | – No, but it does matter. ‐ It does not matter. | -不 但这很重要 -不重要 |
[28:43] | – It matters to me. ‐ Pearl, it doesn’t matter! | -对于我来说重要 -珀尔 这不重要 |
[28:46] | What if he could help us? | 如果他可以帮我们呢 |
[28:51] | – Do what? ‐ I don’t know. | -帮什么 -我不知道 |
[28:53] | Buy a house. | 买幢房子 |
[28:55] | Not have to shop at Goodwill. | 不用在二手店买东西 |
[28:58] | Have a better life. | 过得好一些 |
[29:06] | – You wanted a bike. ‐ Mom. | -你想要自行车 -妈妈 |
[29:08] | – I made you a bike. ‐ Mom, I don’t‐‐ | -我给你做了一辆自行车 -妈妈 我不是 |
[29:10] | You wanted more than one wall. I gave you four walls. | 你想要不止一面墙 我给了你四面墙 |
[29:14] | Mom, I didn’t mean it like that. | 妈妈 我不是那个意思 |
[29:15] | You know what, Pearl? Just wear the damn dress. | 你知道吗 珀尔 你就穿那条该死的裙子吧 |
[29:28] | No, he’s not gonna wear fucking Tevas to Homecoming. | 不 他不会穿拖鞋去返校节的 |
[29:30] | He’s got a hook toe. | 他脚趾是弯的 |
[29:32] | Will you call Jim? He’s being a total douchebag to Serena. | 你能打给吉姆吗 他对塞丽娜简直是混球 |
[29:34] | Jim is a douchebag. He makes fucking dad jokes. | 吉姆就是混球 他只会说老爸笑话 |
[29:38] | Okay. Look I’m handling it. I’m just going to… | 好吧 听着 我会处理的 我只是要 |
[29:44] | Dude, how many times are you gonna rent that movie? | 老兄 你到底要租那部电影多少次 |
[29:48] | – I didn’t know Carl liked roses. ‐ They’re not for Carl, dick. | -我不知道卡尔喜欢玫瑰 -不是给卡尔的 混蛋 |
[29:55] | Calm down. It’ll all be okay. | 冷静 都会没事的 |
[30:35] | It’s Mirabelle Rose. Do they even look like roses? | 是蜜拉贝尔玫瑰 它们看起来像玫瑰吗 |
[30:38] | – Nope. ‐ They’re not even pink. They’re beige. | -不像 -他们都不是粉色的 是米黄色 |
[30:41] | Who doesn’t know to make the stems green? | 谁不知道要把茎做成绿色啊 |
[30:43] | They look like body parts. | 它们看起来像人体部位 |
[30:45] | I’m having book club flashbacks. | 我都回想起读书俱乐部了 |
[30:47] | Oh, my goodness, Pearl. You look so pretty. | 我的天啊 珀尔 你太美了 |
[30:51] | – Moody’s inside, so go on in. ‐ Thanks, Elena. | -穆迪在里面 进去吧 -谢谢 埃琳娜 |
[30:53] | – Mrs. Richardson. ‐ Oh, Mrs. Richardson is my mother‐in‐law. | -是理查德森夫人 -理查德森夫人是我岳母 |
[30:57] | Oh. Well, I just want her to be respectful. | 我只是希望她有礼貌 |
[30:59] | – Of course. ‐ Yeah. | -当然 -是啊 |
[31:01] | Bill, will you let Mia help you, please? | 比尔 请让米娅帮你好吗 |
[31:04] | What? No, no, I’m good. I got it, I got it. | 什么 不 不用 我可以 |
[31:05] | – Okay. ‐ Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[31:07] | Uh, hey, is anybody taking pictures? | 有人拍照吗 |
[31:10] | – Of the kids? ‐ No, of the party. | -给孩子们拍吗 -不 给整个派对 |
[31:12] | Because I can. | 因为我可以拍 |
[31:14] | No, I mean, I bought these disposable cameras. | 不 我是说 我买了些拍立得 |
[31:17] | I thought you were working tonight. | 我以为你今晚要工作 |
[31:18] | I don’t have to anymore. | 再也不用了 |
[31:21] | Well, Linda would be thrilled. I‐I could pay you, of course. | 琳达会很兴奋的 当然了 我也可以付你钱 |
[31:24] | – No, please. ‐ Are you sure? | -不用了 -你确定吗 |
[31:27] | Yes, I’m, I am sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[31:29] | Mom, I need your help. | 妈妈 我需要你帮忙 |
[31:33] | Oh, my God, honey. | 我的天啊 亲爱的 |
[31:38] | You look so beautiful. Bill, doesn’t she look beautiful? | 你看起来真美 比尔 她是不是看起来很美 |
[31:42] | You look great, hon. | 亲爱的 你看起来美极了 |
[31:44] | Izzy, you’re bleeding. | 伊奇 你在流血 |
[31:48] | I was shaving, and it caught… | 我在刮腿毛 然后它刮到 |
[31:56] | – Do you mind? ‐ No, go ahead. Go in. | -你介意我先失陪一下吗 -不介意 快去吧 |
[31:58] | Okay, come on, honey. | 好 来吧 亲爱的 |
[32:03] | Okay. | 慢慢来 |
[32:09] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:10] | So the shins and the knees are always so hard. | 小腿和膝盖永远是最困难的部分 |
[32:17] | You can’t push too hard. | 你不能太用力 |
[32:21] | I used to push too hard. | 我以前会太用力 |
[32:26] | All right. There we go. | 好 都弄好了 |
[32:39] | All right, let me fix your cut there. | 现在让我帮你处理一下伤口 |
[32:49] | – There we go. ‐ Thanks, Mom. | -都好了 -谢谢 妈妈 |
[32:51] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[32:55] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[33:00] | Except one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[33:04] | Come here, honey. | 过来 亲爱的 |
[33:07] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[33:10] | Ah. This is, yes. Okay. | 就是这支 好 |
[33:20] | Okay. Mm. | 好了 |
[33:25] | Okay, let’s see. | 好 让我们看看 |
[33:30] | Now it’s perfect. | 现在是完美了 |
[34:35] | – Oh, Mia, I’m so glad you found it. ‐ Hi. | -米娅 真高兴你找到了 -你好 |
[34:38] | You remember Linda from book club. | 你还记得读书俱乐部的琳达吗 |
[34:40] | – Of course. ‐ Yes. | -当然了 -太棒了 |
[34:41] | Who could forget book club? | 谁能忘得了读书俱乐部 |
[34:43] | Thank you so much for doing this. That is so sweet. | 真感谢你来帮忙 你人真是太好了 |
[34:46] | – It is above and beyond. ‐ It’s not a problem. I | -这是崇高无比的 -这没什么的 我 |
[34:48] | Wait, I’m sorry, did…is Liz coming? | 等等 抱歉 丽兹会来吗 |
[34:51] | Oh, no, she said she had a work thing. | 不会 她说她得工作 |
[34:53] | Although it sounds like an excuse. She’s allergic to children. | 但是听着像是借口 她对小孩敬谢不敏 |
[34:57] | She tries to persuade anyone who will listen not to have them. | 她会劝一切愿意听她说话的人不要生小孩 |
[35:00] | Maybe it’s better off. She doesn’t know how empty her life is. | 也许她不在更好 她不知道她的生活有多空虚 |
[35:04] | Ele-Elena told me your story. | 埃琳娜跟我说过你的故事 |
[35:08] | It’s a miracle, right? I mean, you hope, you pray. | 真是个奇迹 对吧 你抱有希望 祈祷 |
[35:11] | Then you give up hoping and praying. And then… | 而后放弃了希望和祈祷 结果 |
[35:17] | you know, there’s losses. And then, you, uh… | 虽然这中间有损失 接着 |
[35:21] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[35:22] | They say that, you know, your children find you and I think it’s true. | 有人说是孩子来找你 我觉得这是真的 |
[35:28] | – And where is she now? ‐ Upstairs napping, thankfully. | -她现在在哪呢 -她在楼上睡觉 谢天谢地 |
[35:32] | We were able to put her down late so she makes it to cake. | 我们很晚才哄她入睡 这样她就能赶上吃蛋糕 |
[35:34] | – Oh, that’s so smart. ‐ And I completely forgot to tell you. | -真是太聪明了 -我完全忘记告诉你了 |
[35:37] | – Debbie Jarvis is coming. ‐ But she didn’t RSVP. | -黛比·贾维斯会来的 -但是她没有回复请帖 |
[35:40] | She did. She said she wasn’t coming. | 她回了 她回的是她不会来 |
[35:41] | Oh, my God. Who does that? | 我的天啊 谁会这么做啊 |
[35:44] | – Debbie Jarvis, apparently. ‐ What a piece of work. | -很显然 黛比·贾维斯 -真是个极品 |
[35:47] | You really outdid yourself. | 你真是超越自己了 |
[36:00] | God, I mean, Tevas? You’re really fucking doing this? | 天哪 凉鞋 你真他妈的穿来了 |
[36:04] | He’s really fucking doing this. | 他真的这么做了 |
[36:05] | Oh, my God. What about the pictures? | 我的天 那照片怎么办 |
[36:06] | Wait, wait, wait, babe. We got to make an entrance. | 等等 宝贝 我们得轰动入场 |
[36:10] | All right, whatever. | 行吧 随便 |
[36:14] | Okay, are you really still mad about the stupid essay? | 你不会还在为愚蠢的论文生气吧 |
[36:16] | It’s not stupid. | 那不愚蠢 |
[36:18] | Okay, you know I talked to Pearl, right? | 好吧 你知道我跟珀尔谈过了 对吗 |
[36:21] | She said it was no big deal. That’s a literal quote. | 她说那没什么大不了的 这是原话 |
[36:24] | Why are you still making a federal case about this? | 为什么你还要小题大做呢 |
[36:26] | Because you don’t get it. | 因为你不懂 |
[36:29] | Well, I get that it’s our last Homecoming. | 我知道这是我们最后一个返校节 |
[36:34] | And we’re king and queen. | 而我们是派对国王和王后 |
[36:39] | And you look totally hot. | 而你看起来非常性感 |
[36:41] | Like Tyson Beckford hot. | 就像泰森·贝克福德一样性感 |
[36:54] | Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon? | 打扰了 你们有波旁芥末酱吗 |
[37:31] | – It’s like a movie. ‐ Yeah. | -就像电影情节一样 -是啊 |
[37:33] | Hopefully we don’t get drenched in pig’s blood. | 希望我们不会被猪血浇一身 |
[37:46] | – Want to dance? ‐ If there was actual music. | -你想跳舞吗 -要是音乐能像样点的话 |
[37:49] | Not this shit. | 而不是这种垃圾 |
[37:54] | – Oh, hey, Pearl. ‐ Hi, Lexie. | -你好 珀尔 -你好 莱克西 |
[37:56] | – You look pretty. ‐ Thank you. | -你看起来真漂亮 -谢谢 |
[37:59] | See? We’re cool. | 看到了吗 我们关系很好 |
[38:00] | Yo, I thought you said high school dances | 你不是说高中舞会 |
[38:02] | were all hype, sweat, and handjobs. | 就是嗑药 热汗淋漓和打飞机吗 |
[38:03] | – No. ‐ Oh, but then again, | -我没说过 -但话又说回来 |
[38:05] | you’d-you’d only know about the hype and the sweat, huh? | 你只了解嗑药和热汗淋漓吧 |
[38:07] | Okay, dumbass, isn’t there a Jen somewhere you need to manhandle? | 行了 白痴 你不该去对付”珍”吗 |
[38:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:15] | Nothing, you just, you just look different. | 没什么 就是你看上去大不一样了 |
[38:20] | Oh, my God, Cusano and Totts just got busted, | 我的天哪 库萨诺和托茨刚刚被抓包了 |
[38:22] | like, doing it in the cage. | 他们在练球场里做爱 |
[38:23] | Her boob was, like, totally out. | 她的胸全都露出来了 |
[38:26] | Oh, my God, oh, my God, I love this song. Come dance. | 天啊天啊 我喜欢这首歌 来跳舞吧 |
[38:47] | Cheers, good to see you, too. | 干杯 我也很高兴见到你 |
[38:52] | I, would you do Paula Jones? | 你会上葆拉·琼斯吗 |
[38:55] | – I mean, shit, you’ve seen her. ‐ Uh, I’m good. Slippery slope. | -妈的 你也见过她 -算了吧 滑坡谬误 |
[39:19] | – Oh, hi, how are you? – Oh, hi. | -你好 你过得怎么样 -你好 |
[39:21] | I love your dress. | 我喜欢你的裙子 |
[39:39] | Babe, I’m gonna turn the game on in the other room, all right? | 宝贝 我要在另一个房间把电视打开 行吗 |
[39:41] | – It’s the playoffs. ‐ Okay. | -有季后赛 -好啊 |
[39:42] | And it’s gonna go off as soon as she wakes up. | 如果把她吵醒了的话就得马上关掉 |
[39:44] | – Hi. ‐ Yes, ma’am, hi. | -你好 -是 女士 |
[39:46] | Jeez. | 天啊 |
[39:51] | That is the woman that’s in your house every day, | 那就是每天在你家里的女人 |
[39:54] | and Elena’s okay with it? | 埃琳娜对此不介意吗 |
[39:55] | It was Elena’s idea. | 是埃琳娜的主意 |
[39:57] | You got to be kidding me. I want your life. | 你一定在逗我 我想过你的生活 |
[40:03] | Debbie. | 黛比 |
[40:05] | – Elena. ‐ Hey, it’s so good to see you. | -埃琳娜 -很高兴见到你 |
[40:08] | I guess your RSVP got lost in the mail. | 我想你的回复可能在邮件里找不到了 |
[40:12] | We missed you at book club a couple of weeks ago. | 几个星期前的读书会你也没来 |
[40:14] | Well, I decided to sit it out given everything. | 考虑到各种事 我打算不参加 |
[40:16] | The subject matter seemed a little close to home. | 那个主题似乎太私人了 |
[40:21] | I’m sorry, I don’t follow. | 抱歉 我没听懂 |
[40:22] | Well, it’s not really the place to get into it. | 那里不太适合聊那个话题 |
[40:24] | I think it’s good the girls are taking some space. | 姐妹们彼此留点空间我觉得挺好的 |
[40:28] | Are you aware your daughter’s been bullying my Isabelle? | 你知道你女儿在霸凌我的伊莎贝尔吗 |
[40:31] | – Okay, Elena. ‐ Spreading rumors about her | -行了 埃琳娜 -传播她的谣言 |
[40:33] | and calling her names. Did you know that? | 辱骂她 你都知道吗 |
[40:34] | Whatever April’s done or hasn’t done, | 不管艾普尔做过什么 没做过什么 |
[40:37] | it pales in comparison to your daughter’s disgusting actions. | 跟你女儿恶心的行为比起来都不算什么 |
[40:40] | I’m sorry. What are you talking about? | 抱歉 你在说什么 |
[40:45] | Do you not know what your daughter did? | 你不知道你女儿做过什么吗 |
[41:07] | – Not so bad, right? ‐ Yeah. | -还不错 对吗 -是的 |
[41:09] | You make it better. | 你让这件事更美好了 |
[41:14] | You make everything better. | 你让一切都变得更好 |
[41:51] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[41:53] | Izzy. | 伊奇 |
[41:56] | – Would you let go of me? ‐ What are you doing? | -你能放开我吗 -你在做什么 |
[41:59] | – Dancing. ‐ With Carl’s hand on your ass? | -跳舞 -你让卡尔的手放在你屁股上 |
[42:00] | Like you’re not trying to touch Pearl’s? | 说得好像你没尝试摸珀尔的屁股一样 |
[42:05] | You know you don’t need to prove anything, right? | 你不需要证明什么 你明白吗 |
[42:09] | – You don’t get it, okay? ‐ I get it. | -你不明白 好吗 -我懂的 |
[42:15] | You are someone that isn’t afraid of anyone or anything. | 你不惧怕任何人任何事 |
[42:18] | Not Mom, not fucking April. | 不怕妈妈 也不怕该死的艾普尔 |
[42:21] | Look, I know you! | 我了解你 |
[42:23] | And you don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. | 你不在乎别人的想法 |
[42:26] | And I love that about you. | 我很喜欢你这一点 |
[42:43] | December! | 十二月 |
[42:47] | December! | 十二月 |
[43:06] | See you around. | 过会儿见 |
[43:08] | – Bye. ‐ Rap. Our favorite. | -拜拜 -说唱 我们的最爱 |
[43:13] | Look, I know Shaker’s not the easiest place to fit in, | 我知道西克尔不太容易融入 |
[43:16] | so if you ever need anything, hit me up. | 所以如果你需要什么 跟我说一声 |
[43:19] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[43:23] | And um, with Lexie. | 还有莱克西 |
[43:25] | You know you don’t have to be cool with things | 你知道如果你对她有不满的话 |
[43:27] | if you’re not, right? | 你不需要假装无事发生吧 |
[43:29] | Why wouldn’t I be cool? | 我为什么要对她不满 |
[43:32] | I mean, she took your counselor story | 她抢了你的辅导员故事 |
[43:34] | and wrote it as if it happened to her, so. | 写成了她自己的事 |
[43:36] | Wait, you mean the one I inspired? | 等一下 你是说我给她灵感的那篇论文吗 |
[43:41] | Is that what she told you? | 她是这么跟你说的吗 |
[43:44] | All right, movers and shakers, | 好了 行动者和撼动者 |
[43:46] | it’s tiggity time for the court to come to the flizzor for their dance. | 是时候空出舞台来点狂野的舞蹈了 |
[43:50] | Where our king and queen at? Come on. | 我们的舞王和舞后在哪里 来吧 |
[43:56] | You-you get that’s, like, bad, right? | 你明白这很糟糕 对吗 |
[43:59] | Bri. Brian, we’re supposed to be out there like, right now. | 布莱 布莱恩 我们现在应该上台了 |
[44:11] | I don’t, I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[44:14] | Wait, Lexie. | 等等 莱克西 |
[44:16] | – Bill. ‐ Yep. | -比尔 -在 |
[44:18] | – I need to talk to you. ‐ Oh, it’s a tie game, babe. | -我要找你谈谈 -比赛很激烈 宝贝 |
[44:21] | Debbie Jarvis just told me something very upsetting. | 黛比·贾维斯刚刚跟我说了一件很烦心的事 |
[44:24] | She said that Isabelle sexually accosted April | 她说伊莎贝尔在今年夏天的一次聚会上 |
[44:27] | this, this summer at a party. | 性骚扰了艾普尔 |
[44:30] | – Okay. ‐ No, it’s not okay. | -好吧 -不 这不好 |
[44:32] | She’s making up rumors about our daughter | 她在传播有关我们女儿的谣言 |
[44:34] | and saying them out loud. | 而且还到处张扬 |
[44:36] | Debbie Jarvis sells tacky jewelry out of her car | 黛比·贾维斯在她车里卖劣质首饰 |
[44:38] | and calls herself an entrepreneur. | 还称自己为企业家 |
[44:39] | – So can we talk about this later? ‐ No. | -我们过会儿聊行吗 -不行 |
[44:41] | You need to say something. | 你必须说点什么 |
[44:42] | You’re the expert at defending Isabelle. | 你是维护伊莎贝尔的专家 |
[44:44] | You need to defend her. | 你必须维护她 |
[44:50] | You think it’s true. | 你觉得那件事是真的 |
[44:53] | Hon… | 亲爱的 |
[44:55] | I think whatever’s happening between April and Izzy, | 我觉得不管艾普尔和伊奇之间发生了什么 |
[44:57] | it’s complicated. | 那都很复杂 |
[44:59] | Well, of course it’s complicated. They’re… | 当然很复杂了 她们 |
[45:02] | they’re teenage girls. | 她们是青春期少女 |
[45:08] | Did she say something to you? | 她跟你说什么了吗 |
[45:12] | I’m her mother. If she has told you something, | 我是她的妈妈 如果她跟你说了什么 |
[45:14] | I need to know what it is. ‐ I know. | -我应该知道 -我明白 |
[45:16] | – And this is not the place– – Hey, Bill. | -这里不适合 -比尔 |
[45:19] | Top of the 9th, two outs, bases loaded. | 第九局上半局 二人出局 满垒 |
[45:22] | – Hey, is that my beer? ‐ Yes, sir. | -那是给我的啤酒吗 -是的 |
[45:24] | Hey, Elena. Great party, thank you. Everything. | 埃琳娜 很棒的派对 谢谢你做的一切 |
[45:32] | I’m gonna… | 我要去 |
[45:34] | let’s talk about this later, okay? | 我们晚点再聊这个 好吗 |
[46:10] | Hi there. | 你好 |
[46:30] | Okay. | 好了 |
[46:35] | I just need a second. I just need a second. | 一会儿就好 一会儿就好 |
[46:38] | I just need a second, okay? Shh. | 只需要一会儿 嘘 |
[46:41] | I know it’s you. | 我知道是你 |
[46:46] | It’s okay, shh, it’s okay. | 没事的 嘘 没事的 |
[46:49] | I’m just gonna move you over, okay? Just for a second. | 我就把你翻个身 马上就好 |
[46:53] | Just for a second. | 马上就好 |
[47:05] | Baby May Ling. Hi, sweet girl. | 美玲宝宝 你好 可爱宝贝 |
[47:09] | Hi, May Ling. I know where your mommy is. | 嗨 美玲 我知道你妈妈在哪里 |
[47:12] | I know where your mommy is. I do. | 我知道你妈妈在哪里 我真的知道 |
[47:16] | There you are. | 你在这儿 |
[47:19] | I’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 我在到处找你 |
[47:20] | I’m-I’m so sorry. I-I… | 对不起 我… |
[47:23] | Have you been up here the whole time? | 你一直都在这里吗 |
[47:25] | Yeah, well, I wanted to | 是的 我本来想 |
[47:26] | get some pictures of her when she was sleeping. | 趁她睡觉时拍些她的照片 |
[47:29] | But then she woke up and she started to cry and… | 但她突然醒了开始哭 然后… |
[47:31] | but now, she’s great. | 但现在 她很好 |
[47:36] | We should probably get her downstairs. | 我们可能该带她下楼了 |
[47:38] | Oh, um, yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[47:41] | You don’t want to miss your party, May Bell. | 你不想错过你的派对 梅·贝尔 |
[47:45] | What’d you say? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[47:48] | Um, she-you don’t… | 她 你不… |
[47:50] | she doesn’t want to miss her party. | 她不想错过她的派对 |
[47:52] | Mirabelle can’t miss her party. | 蜜拉贝尔不能错过她的派对 |
[47:58] | I’ll see you in a few minutes. | 待会儿见 |
[48:01] | Linda’s gonna be so excited to have these pictures. | 琳达看到这些照片会很开心的 |
[48:04] | Of course. What mother wouldn’t? | 当然 哪个妈妈不会呢 |
[48:21] | – You should have worn Tevas. – What’s up, dude? | -你应该穿凉鞋的 -好啊 伙计 |
[48:23] | – Hey, what’s up, man? ‐ How are you? | -好 哥们 -最近好吗 |
[48:24] | Hey, party at Dano’s. | 派对在达诺家 |
[48:26] | Yeah, of course, of course. Yo, guys. | 是的 是的 朋友们 |
[48:28] | Hey, there’s a bonfire at Dano’s if you guys want to come. | 如果你们想来的话 达诺家有篝火派对 |
[48:31] | He’s got like, a Saturn full of pony kegs and shit to burn so… | 他可能有大桶啤酒和木柴 所以… |
[48:33] | – We’re good. ‐ Sure. | -我们不去了 -好啊 |
[48:35] | Yo, Trip, do you know how to get there? | 崔普 你知道怎么去吧 |
[48:36] | Oh, yeah, man. | 知道 |
[48:38] | I thought we were gonna watch Before Sunrise. | 我以为我们要看《爱在破晓黎明前》 |
[48:41] | Yeah, yeah, no, we are. | 当然 当然 要看的 |
[48:44] | If you want to go, go. Uh, it’s fine. | 如果你想去的话 去吧 没关系的 |
[48:48] | Oh, no, I mean… it was nice of Trip to ask, | 不是的 我意思是 崔普能邀请我们挺好的 |
[48:51] | and I thought that maybe Lexie would be there, so… | 我觉得可能莱克西会在那儿 所以… |
[48:53] | You want to go because Trip and Lexie are going? | 你想去是因为崔普和莱克西会去 对吗 |
[48:58] | Then you should. | 那你应该去 |
[49:01] | You know what? Um, let’s just watch the movie, okay? | 算了 我们就去看电影 行吗 |
[49:09] | Why would you ruin Homecoming? | 你为什么要毁了返校节 |
[49:11] | That’s what you’re worried about? | 你担心的就是这个 |
[49:12] | – Fucking Homecoming? ‐ God, Bri. | -该死的返校节 -天啊 布莱恩 |
[49:13] | What fucking hardship was I supposed to write about? | 不然我要写什么惨淡经历啊 |
[49:16] | That I have to share a bathroom with my sister? | 我必须得跟我妹妹共用浴室吗 |
[49:18] | That my mom won’t let me get my belly button pierced? | 还是我妈妈不让我打脐环 |
[49:21] | This is Yale. People write about living under Saddam Hussein | 这是耶鲁大学啊 其他人写的是萨达姆统治下的生活 |
[49:24] | or winning a gold medal in Atlanta, | 要不然就是赢得奥运会金牌 |
[49:25] | and the best thing that I could come up with was Pearl’s math class, | 我能想到最惨的事就是珀尔的数学课 |
[49:28] | and it’s honestly not even that fucking great! | 实话说还不是特别好 |
[49:33] | Look… | 听着… |
[49:37] | a year from now, I’ll be at Yale and you’ll be at Princeton. | 一年后 我会在耶鲁 你会在普林斯顿 |
[49:40] | And yeah, we’ll be together and stuff, but | 我们还会在一起 但是 |
[49:42] | it won’t be the same. | 那会不一样了 |
[49:44] | And I just…I wanted tonight to be special. | 我只是 只是希望今晚能特别一点 |
[50:03] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[50:06] | Stop, you don’t have to do this, okay? | 停下 你不需要非得这么做 好吗 |
[50:10] | What about Brenda and Dylan? | 布兰达和迪伦怎么办 |
[50:11] | Fuck ’em, you’re right. | 去他们的 你说得对 |
[50:13] | Andrea’s like, 30. That show doesn’t make any sense. | 安德莉雅都30岁了 那节目毫无逻辑 |
[50:30] | – She’s not here. ‐ Did you check the bathroom? | -她不在 -浴室找了吗 |
[50:33] | I checked everywhere. I can’t find her. | 我四处都找了 找不到她 |
[50:34] | But I’ve got Mark’s camcorder | 但我找到了马克的摄像机 |
[50:36] | and still a couple of these little disposables you brought. | 还有你带来的一次性相机 |
[50:39] | It just doesn’t make any sense. Where did she go? | 没道理啊 她去哪儿了呢 |
[50:42] | – I’m so sure. – You’re sure? | -我很确定 -你真的确定吗 |
[50:43] | Yes, because she has the red dot. | 是的 因为她有那个红痣 |
[50:47] | I’m going to call a lawyer first thing tomorrow‐‐ | 我明天一早就打电话给律师 |
[50:49] | No, no, you drive me to the house right now. | 不 不 你现在开车带我去那个房子 |
[50:51] | – No. ‐ Please? I can drive myself. | -不行 -求你了 我可以自己开车去 |
[50:54] | – Give me the key. ‐ No, no, no, no, hold on. | -给我车钥匙 -不 不 等一下 |
[50:55] | We have to find the best way– | 我们必须找到最好的方式 |
[50:57] | There is no best way! It’s the only way. | 没什么最好的方法 这是唯一的方法 |
[50:59] | I haven’t seen my baby in a year. | 我已经一年没见过我的孩子了 |
[51:02] | I need to see her. What if they had Pearl? | 我需要见她 如果在他们家的是珀尔呢 |
[51:32] | – Thanks again. ‐ Look. | -再次感谢 -听着 |
[51:36] | I know I barely know you, but, uh… | 我知道我对你几乎一无所知 但是… |
[51:39] | you seem upset. | 你看起来很失落 |
[51:41] | And if there’s anything I can do to help | 如果有什么我能帮你的 |
[51:43] | or just get your mind off shit… | 或者让你别胡思乱想 |
[51:49] | Okay, we’re recording. | 好了 开始录制 |
[51:52] | Cake time, everyone! | 该吃蛋糕了 各位 |
[51:56] | Everyone come to the dining room. | 大家都到餐厅来 |
[51:57] | We’re gonna sing “Happy Birthday.” | 我们要唱《生日快乐歌》 |
[52:07] | ♪ Happy birthday to you ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪ |
[52:12] | ♪ Happy birthday to you ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪ |
[52:20] | ♪ Happy birthday, dear Mirabelle ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 亲爱的蜜拉贝尔 ♪ |
[52:25] | ♪ Happy birthday to you ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪ |
[52:47] | That’s my baby! | 那是我的孩子 |
[52:52] | What are you doing? That’s my baby! | 你们在干什么 那是我的孩子 |
[52:54] | You took my baby! | 你们抢走了我的孩子 |
[52:56] | Get her out of here! | 把她弄出去 |
[53:00] | That’s my baby! | 那是我的孩子 |
[53:03] | Are you okay? Oh, my God. | 你们还好吗 我的天啊 |
[53:04] | May Ling, Mommy’s here! | 美玲 妈妈在这儿 |
[53:09] | That’s my baby! | 那是我的孩子 |
[53:23] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[54:02] | I’m 70 cents short. | 我还差70美分 |
[54:05] | Don’t worry about it, hon. | 没关系 孩子 |
[55:04] | What if she comes back? What if it’s true? | 如果她再来怎么办 如果是真的怎么办 |
[55:09] | This is your baby, Linda. | 这是你的孩子 琳达 |
[55:10] | No one’s gonna take her from you. No one. | 没人能走你这儿把她抢走 没人可以 |
[55:12] | Well, how did she even find us? | 她怎么找到我们的 |
[55:14] | – I don’t know. ‐ She just showed up here. | -我不知道 -她就这样突然出现 |
[55:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[55:18] | But I’m gonna find out. | 但是我会查明白的 |
[55:26] | Where’s Pearl? | 珀尔呢 |