时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I wanted tonight to be special. | 我希望今晚能特别一点 |
[00:08] | What’s wrong? What happened? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[00:10] | My brother? He fuckin’ likes you. | 我弟弟 他很喜欢你 |
[00:12] | I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but it’s really fucked up. | 我不知道你想做什么 但这真是太操蛋了 |
[00:15] | The idea that somebody could just come into your life | 一想到有人可以闯进你的生活 |
[00:17] | and take your children away? | 带走你的孩子 |
[00:18] | Elena, you have four healthy children | 埃琳娜 你有四个健康的小孩 |
[00:21] | that came to you easily that no one can ever take away, okay? | 没人可以把他们夺走 好吗 |
[00:24] | So just don’t tell me you know how I feel. | 所以别跟我说你懂我的感受 |
[00:27] | I am a good mother. | 我是个好妈妈 |
[00:29] | Oh really? Because in my book, | 是吗 在我看来 |
[00:31] | a good mother puts her daughter’s needs before her own. | 一个好妈妈会把女儿的需求放在自己之前 |
[00:33] | You didn’t make good choices. | 你没有做出对的选择 |
[00:35] | You had good choices! | 你本来就有对的选择 |
[00:38] | This is not working out. | 这样行不通了 |
[00:39] | I think this is gonna be your last day. | 我想这是你在这里的最后一天了 |
[00:41] | You think. | 可不是吗 |
[00:41] | I thought we were friends. | 我以为我们是朋友 |
[00:43] | White women always want to be friends with their maid. | 白人女性总是想和女佣做朋友 |
[00:46] | You are not to go back there again. | 你不许再去他们家了 |
[00:48] | – Wait, no, Mom– – I mean it, Pearl. | -等等 不 妈妈 -我说真的 珀尔 |
[00:49] | – No, you can’t just do that. – I just did! | -不 你不能这么做 -我已经做了 |
[00:52] | Come here. | 过来 |
[00:55] | Get in the car! | 上车 |
[01:24] | Babe. Babe! | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[01:27] | Elena! | 埃琳娜 |
[01:39] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[02:14] | Good thing we’re leaving. We’re on our last roll. | 还好我们要走了 只剩最后一卷纸了 |
[02:30] | What if we don’t? | 如果我们不呢 |
[02:33] | – What? – Leave. | -什么 -离开 |
[02:40] | Who says we have to? | 谁说我们非得走 |
[02:42] | My mother. She’d kill me. | 我妈妈 她会杀了我的 |
[02:46] | She can’t kill you if she can’t find you. | 如果她找不到你就没法杀你 |
[02:48] | Our flight’s at 4:00. | 我们的航班4点起飞 |
[02:52] | Don’t you want an adventure? | 你不想要冒险吗 |
[02:53] | We’ve been in Paris for four months. | 我们已经在巴黎待了四个月 |
[02:55] | We just had a whole semester of one. | 我们刚冒了一学期的险 |
[02:59] | I’m not ready to go back. | 我还没准备好回去 |
[03:01] | To Denison. To Ohio. | 回丹尼逊 回俄亥俄 |
[03:05] | To any of it. | 回到那一切 |
[03:08] | Jamie, we have a whole plan. | 杰米 我们计划好了的 |
[03:10] | We’re graduating in May, moving back to Shaker, | 我们在五月毕业 搬回西克尔 |
[03:12] | and taking my parent’s rental. | 住进我父母的出租屋 |
[03:14] | My mom’s basically gotten us starter jobs at The Shaker Times. | 我妈已经在《西克尔时报》给我们找好了起步工作 |
[03:18] | What happened to The New York Times? | 那《纽约时报》呢 |
[03:22] | What is even happening right now? | 你到底在想什么 |
[03:28] | If I don’t do this now, then I never will. | 如果我现在不做 我就永远不会做了 |
[03:34] | And I don’t want to live with some “What if” Hanging over me. | 我不想在以后后悔 老是想着”如果当初” |
[03:40] | But how do we stay together if you’re here? | 可如果你在这儿的话我们要怎么在一起 |
[05:13] | I just got off the phone with Linda. | 我刚和琳达通完电话 |
[05:14] | I mean, I could barely make out a word she was saying. | 我几乎听不懂她在说什么 |
[05:16] | She was practically hyperventilating, Bill. | 她呼吸急速加快 比尔 |
[05:18] | Art section. | 艺术版 |
[05:20] | Wait, where are your brother and sister? They’re gonna be late. | 等等 你弟弟妹妹呢 他们要迟到了 |
[05:23] | They already left. Where are our lunches? | 他们已经走了 我们的午餐呢 |
[05:25] | You didn’t even tell me that woman got visitation rights, Bill. | 你都没跟我说那女人有探视权 比尔 |
[05:28] | Yeah, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Mark last night | 我昨晚和马克打了45分钟的电话 |
[05:31] | trying to talk him down, | 试图说服他 |
[05:33] | but the truth is, there’s not really much we can do right now. | 但事实是 现在我们也没什么能做的 |
[05:35] | Ed Lan is totally within his rights to ask for a temporary order. | 艾德·林完全有权利向法院申请一个临时探视令 |
[05:37] | Well, is he within his rights | 那他完全有权利 |
[05:39] | to put things like this in the paper? | 在报纸上这样写吗 |
[05:40] | “Local Mother Fights for Daughter: | “当地母亲争取女儿抚养权: |
[05:41] | ‘They Can’t Separate Us.'” | ‘他们不能将我们分开'” |
[05:42] | I mean, what is that spin? | 这是什么瞎编说法 |
[05:45] | She separated herself from her baby. | 明明是她自己丢下她小孩的 |
[05:47] | He’s, he’s gonna have this whole thing play out in the press. | 他准备向媒体曝光整件事 |
[05:49] | Is that what’s happening? | 是这样吗 |
[05:50] | Well, we’re gonna have this whole thing play out in the press. | 我们会对媒体曝光整件事 |
[05:51] | We’re already getting calls from news outlets. | 我们已经接到了好几家媒体的电话 |
[05:53] | Wait, we? | 等等 我们 |
[05:56] | You’re representing the McCulloughs? | 你要代理麦卡洛夫妇吗 |
[05:57] | – Yes, of course he is. – Of course I am. They’re our best friends. | -他当然会 -我当然会 他们是我们最好的朋友 |
[05:58] | You do realize they’re stealing that baby, right? | 你知道他们是想抢走那孩子吧 |
[06:01] | – Izzy. – They saved that baby’s life. | -伊奇 -他们救了那个孩子的命 |
[06:02] | Why are you helping them? | 你为什么要帮他们 |
[06:03] | You two, get to school. | 你们两个 快去上学吧 |
[06:05] | What I don’t understand is how she can afford Ed Lan. | 我没想通的是她怎么请得起艾德·林律师 |
[06:08] | I mean, he’s not doing this pro bono, is he? | 他不是无偿代理她的吧 |
[06:10] | No, of course he’s not. | 当然不是 |
[06:11] | Um…maybe from this. | 可能这个让她付得起钱 |
[06:15] | What? | 什么 |
[06:16] | This looks just like Mia. | 这看起来是米娅 |
[06:18] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别搞笑了 |
[06:21] | It’s her, right? | 就是她 对吗 |
[06:24] | Why would she be in The New York Times? | 她怎么会登上《纽约时报》 |
[06:25] | She’s a major artist, Mom. | 她是个大艺术家 妈妈 |
[06:27] | – You don’t even know. – Neither do you. | -你根本不知道 -你也不知道 |
[06:29] | I know she shipped something to New York. | 我知道她往纽约寄了什么东西 |
[06:31] | I saw it in her studio. | 我在她工作室里看到了 |
[06:32] | When were you in her studio? | 你什么时候去她工作室了 |
[06:35] | I’ve been there every day. I’m her apprentice. | 我最近每天都去 我是她的学徒 |
[06:39] | Did you know this? | 你知道这事吗 |
[06:40] | Did you know she’s been going over there? | 你知道她最近每天都去那儿吗 |
[06:42] | No, I did not. | 不 我不知道 |
[06:45] | I got to get to the office, | 我要去办公室了 |
[06:47] | but I’ll do some digging while I’m there. | 等我到了之后我会调查一下的 |
[06:49] | You’re not to go over there again. Do you understand me? | 你不准再去了 你听到我的话了吗 |
[06:53] | I am being serious, Isabelle. | 我是认真的 伊莎贝尔 |
[06:55] | If you want to live in this house, | 如果你还想生活在这个家里 |
[06:57] | you have to live by my rules. | 你就要听从我的规则 |
[07:00] | You’re not to go over there again. | 你不准再去那儿了 |
[07:03] | You seem very angry. | 你看起来很生气 |
[07:06] | Is it because she might be helping Bebe? | 是因为她可能在帮贝比吗 |
[07:09] | Or is it that she’s in The New York Times and you’ll never be? | 又或者是因为她上了《纽约时报》 而你永远上不了 |
[07:34] | What does it say? | 结果怎么样 |
[07:41] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:55] | It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 |
[07:57] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:12] | You’re supposed to be in school. | 你这时候应该在学校吧 |
[08:14] | Yeah, but how cool is this? | 对啊 但是这也太酷了 |
[08:18] | That’s you, right? | 这是你 对吧 |
[08:21] | I feel like I should get it signed now that you’re famous. | 现在你出名了 我感觉该问你要个签名 |
[08:24] | That’s not me. | 那不是我 |
[08:26] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[08:28] | Izzy, what would I be doing in The New York Times naked? | 伊奇 为什么我会裸体出现在《纽约时报》上 |
[08:32] | I…just thought I saw that Sotheby’s package | 我看到那个苏富比拍卖行的包裹 |
[08:36] | being sent out express, | 被寄出去 |
[08:38] | and you have that giant Pauline Hawthorne book. | 你还有那本巨大的波琳·霍桑的书 |
[08:42] | Did you look through my things? | 你翻我的东西了吗 |
[08:46] | No. | 没有 |
[08:47] | I mean, I looked around a little, but it was– | 我随便看了看 但它 |
[08:50] | – That’s an invasion of my privacy. – I’m sorry. | -那是侵犯我的隐私 -对不起 |
[08:53] | No, you need to go. | 不 你得走了 |
[09:11] | You promised no press. | 你保证过不会有报道的 |
[09:13] | There wasn’t, but you can’t stop someone | 本来是没有的 但你不能 |
[09:15] | from wanting to promote an acquisition. | 阻止别人宣传收购品 |
[09:17] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[09:19] | – I’m on the phone. – I know you’re scared, Mi. | -我在打电话 -我知道你害怕 小米 |
[09:22] | But your pregnancy was not a secret. | 但你怀孕的事不是秘密 |
[09:25] | No one is coming after you because of this. | 没人会因为这个而找上你 |
[09:27] | It’s been years. | 已经过去很多年了 |
[09:28] | You’re safe, Pearl’s safe. | 你很安全 珀尔也很安全 |
[09:32] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[09:34] | – What? – I need the phone. | -怎么了 -我要用电话 |
[09:39] | Anita, let me call you back. | 安妮塔 我一会儿给你打过去 |
[09:41] | Yeah, okay. | 对 好的 |
[09:45] | – What’s going on? – I need to call Lexie. | -什么事 -我要打给莱克西 |
[09:47] | You know, since I’m not allowed to set foot in her house. | 你知道的 因为我被禁止踏进她家 |
[09:52] | It’s kind of a double standard, you know. | 这是一种双重标准 |
[09:54] | I mean, Izzy gets to come here and hang out all day | 伊奇可以来这里玩一整天 |
[09:56] | but I can’t go to the Richardson’s house? | 但我不能去理查德森家 |
[09:59] | Izzy did not sneak out in the middle of the night | 伊奇没有半夜溜出去 |
[10:01] | and she did not disobey my explicit instructions. | 她也没有违反我的明确命令 |
[10:04] | You can’t keep me from having friends. | 你不能不让我交朋友 |
[10:05] | – Lexie is not your friend. – You don’t even know her. | -莱克西不是你的朋友 -你都不了解她 |
[10:08] | – I know that she will disappoint you. – So what? | -我知道她会让你失望 -那又怎样 |
[10:12] | You’re just gonna ban me from that house forever? | 你就直接永远禁止我去那家吗 |
[10:15] | You’re not making much of a statement | 你这根本算不了表明立场吧 |
[10:16] | when we’re living under their roof. | 我们可是住在他们的房子里 |
[10:20] | Keep up the backtalk, and we won’t be. | 你再顶嘴我们就不住了 |
[10:34] | My God, Lexie. Don’t tell me you’re bulimic now. | 我的天 莱克西 别告诉我你得暴食症了 |
[10:44] | Lexie! | 莱克西 |
[10:49] | Am I gonna need a hazmat suit? | 我是不是得穿防护服了 |
[10:55] | Next time, use the boy’s bathroom. You fucking look like one. | 下次去用男生卫生间 你他妈长得就像男的 |
[10:58] | Fuck off, jock mattress. | 滚吧 荡妇 |
[11:03] | I mean, the Arch Deluxe was fine, | 招牌汉堡不错 |
[11:06] | but you got to admit, it was no McRib. | 但你得承认 远远比不上烤汁猪排堡 |
[11:09] | How do they even, like… | 它们怎么能 |
[11:13] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:17] | Are, are you mad? | 你在生气吗 |
[11:20] | No. | 没有 |
[11:23] | Fuck, you’re mad. | 靠 你生气了 |
[11:25] | You only ever want to go to McDonald’s when you want to talk. | 你只有想聊聊的时候会想去麦当劳 |
[11:28] | I’m not mad. I’m just… | 我没生气 我只是 |
[11:34] | I’m just upset. | 有点难过 |
[11:35] | I mean, this whole Mirabelle thing. It’s so upsetting. | 我是说 整件蜜拉贝尔的事情 太令人难过了 |
[11:39] | I mean, aren’t you upset about it? | 你不觉得难过吗 |
[11:40] | I mean…yeah, it sucks. | 是啊 很糟糕 |
[11:43] | I mean, Linda and Mark | 琳达和马克 |
[11:44] | practically raised her since she was born. | 基本从她出生就开始抚养她了 |
[11:47] | And what, now they might have to give her back | 而现在她们可能得把她 |
[11:49] | to some woman who gave her up in the first place? | 送回给一个当初抛弃了她的女人 |
[11:51] | Well, she’s not just some woman. I mean, she is her mom. | 那不是随便一个女人 那是她的生母 |
[11:55] | And if the government had better systems in place | 如果政府有更为完善的体系 |
[11:58] | No real mother would abandon her baby. | 一位真正的母亲是不会抛弃她的孩子的 |
[12:05] | You know, like, if we got pregnant, | 如果我们有了孩子 |
[12:07] | we would never do something like that. | 我们一定不会做这样的事 |
[12:10] | Don’t even say that out loud. | 别大声说出来 |
[12:11] | Okay, you don’t have to make it sound like it’s the worst thing ever. | 你也不必把这说得像是世界末日似的 |
[12:14] | – I mean, we want kids down the road. – Yeah, way down. | -我们以后是想要孩子的 -是 很久以后 |
[12:18] | My parents would kill me. | 我爸妈会杀了我的 |
[12:20] | I’d, I’d be a literal cliche. | 到时我就真的成了俗人了 |
[12:27] | You know what, speaking of which, | 说起这个 |
[12:28] | you should probably get on the pill. | 你大概该开始吃药了 |
[12:31] | You know, just to be safe. | 安全起见 |
[12:36] | Yeah, you’re right. I should get on that. | 你说得对 我是该开始吃药 |
[12:43] | I mean, she already missed her first nap. | 已经过了她睡第一个小觉的时间了 |
[12:46] | If she misses her second one, she’s gonna destroy bedtime. | 如果她第二个也睡不上 作息就不规律了 |
[12:49] | Five more minutes. If she’s not here, we can leave. | 再等五分钟 如果她还不来 我们就走 |
[12:52] | I mean, maybe I should call The Plain Dealer | 或许我应该给《实话报》打电话 |
[12:54] | and tell them that. | 告诉他们 |
[12:57] | You know. | 你懂的 |
[12:58] | She abandoned her baby again. Imagine that headline. | 她又抛弃了她的孩子 想象一下标题 |
[13:01] | Come on, Bubba, it’s so cold. | 来 宝贝 外面真冷 |
[13:07] | May Ling. | 美玲 |
[13:13] | Linda, you have to do this. | 琳达 你必须得这么做 |
[13:16] | There’s no choice. The judge ordered. | 没有商量的余地 是法官决定的 |
[13:19] | May Ling. | 美玲 |
[13:21] | It’s only one hour. Okay, come on. | 只是一小时而已 来吧 |
[13:25] | Come on, come on, baby. Come on, yes. There you go, there you go. | 来 来 宝贝 来 这就对了 来 来 |
[13:42] | Come on. | 来 |
[13:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:46] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[14:29] | Hi, this is Elena Richardson. | 您好 我是埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[14:31] | I’m a reporter with The Shaker Times. | 我是《西克尔时报》的记者 |
[14:33] | I have a few questions. | 我想问您几个问题 |
[14:34] | I’m calling about a recent sale of Hawthorne’s “Duo.” | 我想咨询一下最近霍桑《成双》出售的相关事宜 |
[14:38] | Yes, “Duo.” D-U-O. | 是的 《成双》 |
[14:40] | Yes, a Richard Prince show. | 是的 是一场理查德·普林斯展 |
[14:41] | Did- did Polly mention… | 波莉是否提过 |
[14:42] | I see that you were a subject of Ms. Hawthorne’s. | 我注意到您曾是霍桑女士的摄影对象 |
[14:44] | Hello, this is Elena Richardson… | 您好 我是埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[14:45] | if you could get back to me, I would really appreciate it. | 如果您能回复 我将不胜感激 |
[14:48] | A photograph entitled “Duo.” | 一张叫《成双》的照片 |
[14:50] | Hello, my name is Elena Richardson… | 您好 我是埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[14:51] | Yes, I’m calling about the Pauline Hawthorne photo | 是的 我想咨询有关波琳·霍桑照片的事 |
[14:54] | that recently sold to the Varick Hotel in New York. | 最近出售给纽约瓦里克酒店的那张 |
[14:56] | I was wondering if… | 我在想是否能 |
[14:58] | Yes, I believe that you were a former colleague. | 是的 我知道你是一位前同事 |
[15:01] | Mia Warren. Do you think she was one of her students? | 米娅·沃伦 你是否认为她曾是她的学生 |
[15:04] | Yes, this is Elena Richardson. | 是的 我是埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[15:05] | I’m calling from The Shaker Times, if you could please call… | 我是《西克尔时报》的记者 如果您能打 |
[15:07] | Yes, I understand. But if you can’t give me the class rosters, | 是的 我明白 可你如果不能把班级名册给我 |
[15:10] | can you at least tell me if Mia Warren was a student there? | 你能不能告诉我米娅·沃伦是否曾在那里读书 |
[15:13] | Someone’s here to see you. They say it’s urgent. | 有人来见你 说是急事 |
[15:15] | Par-pardon me just a minute. | 抱 抱歉稍等 |
[15:17] | Oh, my God, honey. What-what are you doing here? | 天啊 亲爱的 你来这做什么 |
[15:21] | When did you know? | 你什么时候知道的 |
[15:23] | Wait, what? | 什么 |
[15:27] | Was it before or after you asked me for my husband’s checkbook? | 是在你管我要我丈夫的支票簿之前还是之后 |
[15:32] | She blames me, Bill. She blames me for all of this. | 她怪我 比尔 她把一切怪我头上 |
[15:34] | – What are you even doing right now? – I’m going to New York. | -你现在在做什么 -我要去纽约 |
[15:36] | – You’re what? – I have to get answers, | -什么 -我要去寻找答案 |
[15:38] | – and I can only get them in person. Not over the phone. – Elena. | -并且只能亲自出马才行 打电话没用 -埃琳娜 |
[15:40] | I need to figure out who this woman is. | 我需要查清楚这女人是谁 |
[15:43] | She has completely infiltrated our lives and wormed her way in. | 她完全渗入了我们的生活 打入了内部 |
[15:46] | – Has wrecked Linda’s life. – Okay. | -把琳达的生活毁了 -好吧 |
[15:48] | – And she can’t get away with it. – Elena. | -她别想摆脱罪责 -埃琳娜 |
[15:50] | – She can’t. – Will you– Just please, | -她不能 -你能… |
[15:51] | just stop for just one second. | 先停下来一会吗 |
[15:52] | And-and-and how is she paying Bebe’s legal fees? | 而且她是怎么付得起贝比的诉讼费的 |
[15:55] | I mean, she pretended to be some poor single mother | 她假装自己是个贫穷的单亲母亲 |
[15:59] | who could barely provide for her daughter, | 连自己女儿都养不起 |
[16:02] | and now, she’s wreaking havoc on all of our lives. | 现在 她又把我们所有人的生活搅得底朝天 |
[16:04] | Elena. | 埃琳娜 |
[16:05] | I mean, she’s trying to turn my own daughter against me. | 我是说她居然想让我女儿跟我反目 |
[16:06] | – You know that. – Elena, do not do this again. | -你很清楚 -埃琳娜 别再这样了 |
[16:09] | – She’s trying to steal my daughter. – This is enough now. | -她想把我女儿偷走 -够了 |
[16:11] | – She is, Bill. – Mia is not the problem here. | -她就是 比尔 -米娅不是主要问题 |
[16:13] | She’s trying to help Bebe steal Linda and Mark’s– | 她试图帮贝比偷走琳达和马克的… |
[16:15] | and she’s a liar and a con artist. | 她还是个撒谎精 街头骗子 |
[16:17] | – Yes. – Can’t you see that? | -是的 -你看不出来吗 |
[16:19] | Yes! I see it. She is all of those things. | 是的 我看出来了 你说得都对 |
[16:20] | Well, there have to be consequences. | 一定会有后果的 |
[16:20] | It still doesn’t mean that you should be going to New York | 但这仍然不意味着你就应该大半夜 |
[16:22] | in the middle of the night to go play PI. | 跑去纽约 扮演私人侦探 |
[16:24] | I’m sorry, I’m a journalist. | 不好意思 我是记者 |
[16:25] | Are you playing when you go to court? | 你出庭的时候也是在扮演吗 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry, but… | 对不起 但 |
[16:28] | – That’s offensive, Bill. – you are scaring me now. | -这话太伤人了 比尔 -你现在吓到我了 |
[16:31] | Please, Elena. Stop this, please. | 拜托 埃琳娜 别这样 |
[16:34] | Ever since you met her, you’re just… I don’t know what you are. | 自从你遇见她开始 我就不认识你了 |
[16:36] | But it is not good. I mean, look at yourself. | 但这样不好 看看你自己 |
[16:38] | You are coming completely unraveled. | 你完全失控了 |
[16:40] | I am completely raveled. | 我好得很 |
[16:52] | – Hey, Mom. – What? | -妈 -什么事 |
[16:54] | – Where are you going? – I’m going on a work trip. | -你要去哪 -我要出差 |
[16:56] | Okay, I just, I really need to talk to you about something. | 好吧 我有件事得跟你说 |
[16:59] | Lexie, can you give us a minute? | 莱克西 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[17:01] | What is it honey? What? | 什么事 宝贝 怎么了 |
[17:09] | Nothing. Never mind. | 没什么 没事 |
[17:12] | Elena. Elena! | 埃琳娜 埃琳娜 |
[17:16] | Elena! Elena! | 埃琳娜 埃琳娜 |
[17:18] | Please don’t do this. | 请别这样 |
[17:20] | I’ll be back in two days. | 我两天后就回来 |
[17:59] | – Welcome to the Varick Hotel. – Thank you. | -欢迎光临瓦里克酒店 -谢谢 |
[18:30] | I need to get a, you know. | 我需要进行… |
[18:33] | An abortion. Today, if possible. | 堕胎 如果可能 今天最好 |
[18:35] | Sign in and take a seat. You’ll need to do a consult first. | 登个记 坐下等吧 你得先问诊 |
[18:57] | Margaret, oh, what a pretty name. | 玛格丽特 真是个好名字 |
[19:00] | I’m Elena Richardson, | 我是埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[19:01] | and I’m a reporter from The Shaker Times in Ohio. | 我是来自俄亥俄州《西克尔时报》的记者 |
[19:04] | I’m actually investigating this recently unearthed photograph | 我其实是在研究最近新出现的 |
[19:07] | from Pauline Hawthorne. It’s called “Duo.” | 波琳·霍桑的摄影作品 叫做《成双》 |
[19:10] | Oh, yes, I’ve seen this. | 对 这个我看到过 |
[19:12] | I actually have reason to believe | 我其实有理由相信 |
[19:13] | that the subject was a student here, | 照片里的主人公曾经是这里的学生 |
[19:15] | which is such an inspiring art school story. | 这是个多么激动人心的艺术学院传奇 |
[19:18] | And I was just wondering if it would be possible | 我想知道我是不是可以 |
[19:20] | to see Ms. Hawthorne’s class rosters from the early ’80’s. | 看看霍桑女士在80年代初的班级名册 |
[19:25] | Yeah, no, we don’t really do that. | 不 我们一般不提供这些 |
[19:29] | Did I mention that I brought these Magnolia Cupcakes for you? | 我跟你说了吗 我带了木兰纸杯蛋糕给你 |
[20:26] | You’re early. | 你来早了 |
[20:27] | I was able to duck out after 5th. | 我上完第五节课就溜出来了 |
[20:29] | Thanks. They said I can’t drive myself home after, so… | 谢谢 听说我等会不能自己开车走 所以… |
[20:36] | They said it may be a while, | 听说可能要一段时间 |
[20:37] | so if you want to go to Arabica or something… | 所以如果你想去喝杯咖啡什么的… |
[20:39] | No, Lexie, I’m not going to leave you here by yourself. | 不 莱克西 我不会把你一个人丢在这儿的 |
[20:44] | Are you sure that you didn’t want Brian here? | 你真的不想要布莱恩过来吗 |
[20:47] | Or maybe Serena? | 或者是塞丽娜 |
[20:53] | No, you’re the only person I told. | 不 我只告诉了你一个人 |
[20:57] | Pearl Warren. | 珀尔·沃伦 |
[21:00] | Hi, that’s me. | 是我 |
[21:19] | – The Varick Hotel, please. – Sure. | -麻烦去瓦里克酒店 -好的 |
[21:24] | – Here on a trip? – Uh, yes, a work trip. | -来旅行的吗 -出差 |
[21:28] | What do you do? | 你是做什么的 |
[21:30] | I’m a journalist for a prominent newspaper. | 我是一家著名报刊的记者 |
[21:32] | You work for The Times? | 你是《纽约时报》的吗 |
[21:35] | No, it’s in northeast Ohio. | 不是 在俄亥俄州东北部 |
[21:43] | But I have a friend who works there. | 但我有个朋友在那里工作 |
[21:45] | It’s nice to have friends in high places. | 有身居要职的朋友真好 |
[21:50] | – Is The Times nearby? – It’s near enough, yeah. | -《纽约时报》在附近吗 -对 挺近的 |
[21:54] | – Could you take me there instead? – Sure. | -你带我去那儿可以吗 -当然 |
[22:03] | – Uh, actually… – Yeah? | -要不… -怎么了 |
[22:06] | Last change. Is there a department store nearby? | 最后改一次 这附近有百货商场吗 |
[22:09] | – Yeah. Over here. – Perfect. | -有 就在这儿 -太好了 |
[23:37] | Would you like to see? | 你想看看吗 |
[23:44] | No. | 不 |
[24:06] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很好 |
[24:12] | Is your boyfriend waiting for you? | 你男朋友在等你吗 |
[24:16] | Mm-mm. Just a friend. | 不 只有一个朋友 |
[24:20] | Nearly there now. | 就快好了 |
[24:52] | I’m sorry. I panicked. | 对不起 我慌了 |
[24:55] | I just… | 我只是… |
[24:58] | It’s just, that woman in there is my mom’s friend. | 只是那个女的是我妈妈的朋友 |
[25:01] | And… | 而且… |
[25:03] | if this got out, if people found out, | 如果这事传出去了 如果别人发现了 |
[25:04] | it would like, actually matter, you know? | 真的会有很大的影响 |
[25:11] | – I’ll just take you home. – Please don’t. | -我送你回家吧 -请别这样 |
[25:14] | My dad’s gonna take one look at me and he’ll know. | 我爸只要看我一眼 就会知道的 |
[25:18] | Please don’t take me home. | 请不要送我回家 |
[25:37] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[25:55] | Okay. Come here. | 好吧 过来 |
[26:10] | As I live and breathe. | 真是意外啊 |
[26:14] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[26:16] | Wow, it’s, it’s so good to see you. You look… | 见到你太高兴了 你看起来… |
[26:20] | You look really great. | 你看起来真不错 |
[26:24] | Uh, I’m sorry to bother you. I can only imagine how busy you are. | 很抱歉打扰你 我无法想象你有多忙 |
[26:28] | It must be jarring to hear from me out of the blue. | 我突然联系你一定让你觉得很突然吧 |
[26:31] | It wouldn’t be the first time. | 也不是第一次了 |
[26:35] | I’m actually here in town on a story. | 其实我来这里是为了一个故事 |
[26:38] | I didn’t think The Shaker Times had budget for travel. | 我以为《西克尔时报》没有供员工出差的预算 |
[26:42] | Well, they don’t, exactly. | 没错 他们没有 |
[26:43] | But I’m actually looking for the identity of this woman | 但是我在查一个女人的身份 |
[26:49] | who was in The Times. | 她之前在《纽约时报》工作 |
[26:51] | Your colleague, Colleen Mitchell, wrote the article. | 这是你的同事科琳·米切尔写的文章 |
[26:53] | I was wondering if you could make an introduction, | 你能否为我做个引荐 |
[26:55] | ’cause I have a few questions. | 因为我有些问题想问她 |
[26:56] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[26:57] | She’s out in L.A. covering the Cindy Sherman retrospective. | 她去洛杉矶报道辛蒂·雪曼的作品回顾展了 |
[27:04] | I’m sorry to even ask this, but I only have today. | 很抱歉我提出这个请求 但我只有一天时间 |
[27:07] | I-I don’t know if maybe you could do a little digging for me. | 你能不能帮我查一些东西 |
[27:10] | I-I would do it myself. | 我本想自己查的 |
[27:12] | I just don’t have access to Lexis Nexis from here. | 但是我没有律商联讯数据库的访问权 |
[27:14] | And it’s more than a story. It’s actually very personal. | 而且这不只是个报道 这是私人事务 |
[27:19] | Really? How? | 是吗 怎么说 |
[27:20] | It’s a long story that I’m sure you don’t have time for. | 说来话长 我想你应该没有时间听 |
[27:24] | I can do some digging. | 我可以帮你查 |
[27:26] | Oh, that would be wonderful. | 那真是太好了 |
[27:28] | Um, so her name is Mia Warren. | 我要查的女人的名字是米娅·沃伦 |
[27:31] | Her maiden name might be Wright. | 她的娘家姓应该是怀特 |
[27:33] | – W-R? – W-R-I-G-H-T. | -怀 -竖心旁的怀 |
[27:36] | And New York will probably come up | 可能会出现纽约 |
[27:37] | because I believe she went to school here, | 因为她在这里上过学 |
[27:39] | but you might want to try McKeesport, Pennsylvania as well. | 但是也可以试试宾夕法尼亚州 麦基斯波特市 |
[27:42] | And, um, I’m just staying at the Varick Hotel, | 我就住在瓦里克酒店 |
[27:47] | so you could fax me if you find anything, or… | 所以你找到线索了可以给我发传真 或者 |
[27:51] | Or, um, I could take you for a drink to say thank you. | 或者 我请你喝一杯 以示感谢 |
[27:58] | You don’t think this deserves dinner at least? | 你不觉得这至少值一顿晚餐吗 |
[28:02] | Sure. Dinner it is. | 好 那就吃晚餐 |
[28:05] | – I’ll leave a message at the Varick. – Okay. | -我会给瓦里克酒店留言 -好 |
[28:26] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[28:27] | You’re welcome. He’s right over there. | 不用客气 他就在那边 |
[28:30] | – So. – So. | -那么 -那么 |
[28:32] | How are you. | 你过得怎么样 |
[28:35] | Uh, Bill is partner at his firm now. | 比尔现在是他律所的合伙人了 |
[28:38] | My kids are all in high school. | 我的孩子们都上了高中 |
[28:40] | Lexie is second in her class. | 莱克西在她班里排名第二 |
[28:42] | – Moody has his first girlfriend. – I asked how are you. | -穆迪交了他第一个女朋友 -我问的是你 |
[28:49] | Here you go. Are you ready to order? | 给 你们准备好点餐了吗 |
[28:51] | I think we’re gonna need another minute, thank you. | 我们还需要一会儿 谢谢 |
[28:53] | – Yes. – Sure. | -没错 -好的 |
[28:54] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[29:02] | I’m-I’m good, I’m great. I’ve been busy. | 我很好 我过得很好 非常的忙 |
[29:04] | Um, between work and the kids and the house and… | 忙着工作 照顾孩子们 还有家里的事 |
[29:08] | but my boss is really great. Very supportive. | 但是我的老板人很好 非常支持我 |
[29:10] | And, um… | 还有 |
[29:13] | I still have the rental property. | 我还有那套出租屋 |
[29:16] | The property that my parents wanted us to– | 那是我父母希望我们用来… |
[29:18] | Right. Right. | 我知道 |
[29:20] | Um, I manage that, and um.. | 那也是我来管理 还有 |
[29:27] | Yeah. | 没了 |
[29:28] | How are you? Do you live in the city? | 你过得怎么样 你是在城里住吗 |
[29:32] | Did-did you ever get married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[29:34] | I don’t see a ring. | 我没看见你戴戒指 |
[29:35] | My mom and dad, they still like to say I’m married to work. | 我爸妈 他们还是喜欢说我跟工作结婚了 |
[29:39] | Actually, when I became a foreign correspondent, | 事实上 当我成为一名驻外记者时 |
[29:41] | my sister, Georgina. | 我妹妹 乔治娜 |
[29:43] | She threw me a wedding shower as a joke. | 她还开玩笑给我办了个单身男子派对 |
[29:46] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是啊 |
[29:48] | That’s what it’s like. | 就是那样 |
[29:50] | It was what I wanted. I get to work all over the world. | 那是我想要的生活 我可以在世界各地工作 |
[29:54] | I got to go to Beirut, Johannesburg, London. | 我可以去贝鲁特 约翰内斯堡 伦敦 |
[29:59] | When I turned 40, | 当我40岁的时候 |
[30:01] | I decided it was time to stop living out of a suitcase. | 我决定是时候停止到处奔波的生活了 |
[30:03] | Well, it sounds like… | 听起来… |
[30:05] | work keeps you very busy. Travelling. | 工作让你很忙 到处旅行 |
[30:08] | – Yeah, it does. – Yeah. | -是的 -是啊 |
[30:09] | You know that, and… | 这个 以及… |
[30:11] | you know, random favors for | 还要给 |
[30:13] | people I haven’t seen in well over a decade. | 十多年没见的人帮忙 |
[30:16] | Speaking of, uh… | 说到这个… |
[30:19] | Apparently, your Mia Wright had a brother. | 显然你的米娅·怀特有个弟弟 |
[30:22] | He died in a car crash at 17. | 他17岁时死于车祸 |
[30:25] | – What? – Yeah, his name was Warren. | -什么 -是的 他叫沃伦 |
[30:27] | Her brother’s name is Warren. | 她弟弟的名字是沃伦 |
[30:31] | I knew it. This is her. | 我就知道 这是她 |
[30:34] | – You two ready? – You know what? | -两位准备好点餐了吗 -你知道吗 |
[30:36] | My friend here just received an unexpected obituary, | 我朋友刚收到了一封意外的讣告 |
[30:39] | so naturally, we are celebrating. | 所以呢 我们需要庆祝一下 |
[30:43] | What do you say? A glass of champagne? | 你觉得呢 来杯香槟 |
[30:46] | Actually, let’s make it a bottle. | 算了 来上一整瓶吧 |
[30:49] | Of course, sir. I’ll be back with the list. | 没问题 先生 我拿酒单过来 |
[30:53] | What’d you used to say? | 你以前常说什么 |
[30:55] | Being right is better than sex. | 选择正确的感觉比做爱更好 |
[30:59] | – Because it lasts longer. – It lasts forever. | -因为它持续的时间更长 -可以持续到永远 |
[31:01] | Forever. | 永远 |
[31:04] | – To being right. – To being right. | -敬正确的选择 -敬正确的选择 |
[31:11] | Hey, Dad’s working late, | 爸爸需要加班 |
[31:12] | so I brought you a couple pieces of pizza. | 我给你带了几块披萨 |
[31:17] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[31:18] | It’s an apology note. Okay, you can go now. | 一封道歉信 好吗 你可以走了 |
[31:23] | Whoa, dude. Dyke central. | 老兄 女同集中地啊 |
[31:26] | Isn’t there a Jen you need to go have meaningless sex with? | 你不是需要和一个叫珍的做毫无意义的爱吗 |
[31:32] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你说这话什么意思 |
[31:33] | Someone too dumb to know what a bottom feeder you are. | 你是一个蠢到连自己是个渣男都不知道的人 |
[31:38] | Fuck you, Izz. | 去你妈的 小伊 |
[32:00] | She’s finally asleep. | 她终于睡着了 |
[32:05] | Let me get some of that heat. | 让我也暖和暖和 |
[32:22] | 病人姓名 珀尔·沃伦 堕胎后要怎么做 | |
[32:31] | – Guess this is where you gloat. – No. | -你可以幸灾乐祸了 -不 |
[32:35] | No, Pearl. | 不 珀尔 |
[32:41] | It breaks my heart that she can’t see you for you. | 我很伤心她看不到真实的你 |
[32:43] | That she only sees what you can do for her. | 她只看到你能为她做些什么 |
[32:58] | I had sex with Trip. | 我和崔普上床了 |
[33:12] | Were you safe? | 你做好保护了吗 |
[33:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:19] | I would have thought Moody, but I… I mean, Trip? | 我本以为会是穆迪 但… 崔普 |
[33:26] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[33:29] | He seemed like… | 他看起来… |
[33:31] | like that guy, you know? | 就像那个人 你懂吗 |
[33:36] | Like the kind of guy that you want your first time to be with. | 就像那个你想把第一次给他的人 |
[33:41] | Like it’d be easy. | 感觉会很轻松 |
[33:44] | And fun and simple. | 很有趣 很简单 |
[33:49] | But… | 但是… |
[33:54] | It wasn’t any of that. | 完全不是 |
[34:00] | Come here. | 过来 |
[34:04] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[34:08] | Sex is rarely simple. | 性很少会简单的 |
[34:11] | Even when you want it to be. | 哪怕你很希望如此 |
[34:19] | Was your first time with my dad? | 你第一次是跟我爸爸吗 |
[34:24] | No. | 不是 |
[34:27] | But it was with someone that I really loved. | 但是是跟一个我当初很爱的人 |
[34:31] | Could you tell me more about him? | 你能跟我多讲讲他的事吗 |
[34:34] | My dad, I mean. | 我是说我爸 |
[34:48] | Yes. | 好 |
[34:52] | How’d you meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[34:54] | What was he like? | 他当时是什么样子 |
[34:58] | We met on the subway. | 我们是在地铁上认识的 |
[35:01] | And he was… | 而他… |
[35:04] | persistent. | 非常执着 |
[35:10] | And charming. | 也很有魅力 |
[35:13] | And intelligent. | 还很聪明 |
[35:18] | He just wasn’t interested in being a parent. | 他只是对当家长没兴趣 |
[35:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[35:36] | It’s for you. | 找你的 |
[35:38] | It’s Trip. | 是崔普 |
[35:42] | Okay, but feminists aren’t rallying around Paula Jones | 好吧 但是女权主义者在葆拉·琼斯周围 |
[35:45] | – like they did Anita Hill. – That’s not why. | -不像安妮塔·希尔时那么团结 -不是这个原因 |
[35:47] | – It’s ideological. – No, it’s not ideological. | -这是意识形态问题 -不是意识形态 |
[35:49] | It’s actually, she’s just not a credible person. | 是因为她的可信度不高 |
[35:51] | She went up to his hotel room. | 她直接去了他酒店的房间 |
[35:53] | Well, Clinton can’t stop tripping over his dick. | 克林顿总是会被他的老二绊倒 |
[35:55] | Is that even anatomically possible? | 生理上可能吗 |
[35:57] | Don’t forget, he smoked weed without inhaling. | 别忘了 他抽大麻都不用吸的 |
[35:59] | – Oh, yes, okay. – Wait, but you did that, too, right? | -好吧 -但是你好像也是 对吧 |
[36:03] | What, no. I definitely inhaled. | 怎么可能 我肯定吸了 |
[36:05] | – Oh, really? – It just, it didn’t affect me. | -是吗 -我只是没什么感觉 |
[36:07] | Oh, you mean my birthday? | 你是说我的生日吗 |
[36:09] | When you got swindled into buying oregano? | 你被人骗 买了牛至那次吗 |
[36:12] | Okay, that was such a combination of terrible negotiating skills | 对 那次的事情是由我这边糟糕的沟通能力 |
[36:15] | on my behalf and a serious language barrier. | 以及严重的语言障碍造成的 |
[36:19] | Thank you so much, folks. Take your time. | 谢谢二位 请慢慢来 |
[36:20] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm, I got this. | -谢谢 -我来吧 |
[36:22] | I insist. I asked for the favor. | 我坚持 是我请你帮忙的 |
[36:29] | Then the nightcap’s on me. | 那睡前酒我请吧 |
[36:32] | That was your first time, wasn’t it? | 刚才是你的第一次 对不对 |
[36:36] | – Yeah. – Fuck. | -是啊 -操 |
[36:41] | I’m sorry. I-I… | 对不起 我… |
[36:44] | First time should be… | 第一次应该… |
[36:48] | Look, I… | 听我说 我… |
[36:50] | It, it wasn’t my first time obviously. | 很显然那不是我的第一次 |
[36:54] | Right. | 好 |
[36:55] | Right, and that’s, that’s the thing, you know? | 问题就在这里 你懂吗 |
[36:58] | I’ve done it…lots of times with… | 我做过 做过很多次 |
[37:02] | – you know, lots of girls. – I know. | -跟很多女生 -我知道 |
[37:06] | I mean, I figured. | 我猜到了 |
[37:07] | Pearl… | 珀尔 |
[37:09] | that’s not what I meant. I… | 我不是那个意思 我 |
[37:12] | I’m-I-I was just trying to say that… | 我是想说 |
[37:18] | you’re… | 你 |
[37:20] | you’re different. | 你不一样 |
[37:25] | And-and I don’t know, I think, | 我也不知道 我想 |
[37:27] | I think I got in my head a little bit. | 我想我是有点糊涂了 |
[37:28] | You know, like, I think I was… | 我想我当时 |
[37:32] | I don’t know. Like, nervous or something. | 我不知道 紧张之类的 |
[37:35] | Wait, what? What are you talking about? | 什么 你在说什么 |
[37:39] | I mean, you read The Bell Jar for fun. | 你以看《钟形罩》为乐 |
[37:41] | I don’t even know what the fuck The Bell Jar is, still. | 而我到现在都不知道什么是《钟形罩》 |
[37:44] | And you’re… | 而且你 |
[37:50] | really, really pretty. | 真的很漂亮 |
[38:00] | I’m glad you called. | 我很开心你打来了电话 |
[38:08] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[38:11] | I mean, I still don’t even know what a fucking hypotenuse is, so… | 我仍然不知道什么是直角三角形的斜边 |
[38:15] | I still have a lot to learn, too. | 我也有很多要学的东西 |
[38:50] | Mia? | 米娅 |
[38:57] | Where’s Pearl? | 珀尔呢 |
[38:59] | Out. | 出去了 |
[39:03] | – Thanks. – You good? | -谢谢 -你还好吗 |
[39:12] | Mia? | 米娅 |
[39:14] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[39:17] | Do you think that I made the right decision? | 你觉得我是否做了正确的选择 |
[39:26] | Only you know that. | 只有你知道 |
[39:28] | Yeah, but if you were in my position. If you were me. | 嗯 但如果换做是你 如果你是我 |
[39:30] | I’m not you. | 我不是你 |
[39:35] | Do you think that I did the wrong thing? | 你觉得我做错了吗 |
[39:39] | You want to know what I think? | 你想知道我的看法 |
[39:52] | I think… | 我认为 |
[39:54] | my daughter skipped school to help you | 我女儿为了帮你逃了课 |
[39:58] | and you thanked her by using her name | 而你感谢她的方式就是使用她的名字 |
[40:03] | and then demanding that she take care of you. | 然后还要求她照顾你 |
[40:06] | I spent two months cooking your dinners, working in your house. | 我给你做了两个月的晚餐 在你家工作 |
[40:10] | You never so much as uttered a thank you. | 你连一句谢谢都没说过 |
[40:14] | And now, you want more. | 而现在 你想要更多 |
[40:18] | Pearl may love to give and give to you, but I do not. | 珀尔或许喜欢给予 帮助你 但我不 |
[40:24] | I’m done. | 我受够了 |
[40:28] | I’m sorry. I didn’t have anywhere else to go. | 抱歉 我没别的地方可去了 |
[40:30] | You had plenty of places to go and plenty of people who care. | 你有很多地方可去 有很多人关心你 |
[40:34] | You have no concept of what it’s like to not have anyone. | 你根本不懂无依无靠的感觉是怎样的 |
[40:38] | Don’t insult your own intelligence by pretending otherwise. | 别假装否定来侮辱你自己的智商 |
[40:44] | When you’re done, wash out your own mug. | 喝完后 自己把杯子洗了 |
[40:48] | For once. | 好歹洗一次 |
[40:57] | Oh, my God, now I really feel like we’re in college. | 我的天 我感觉我们像是回到了大学 |
[41:00] | I can’t believe we’re brown bagging it. | 不敢相信我们用袋子把它装起来了 |
[41:01] | Ah, it’s more fun when it’s illegal. | 非法的事做起来才好玩 |
[41:09] | So how many drinks are we gonna have before you admit the truth? | 还要喝多少杯 你才会承认真相 |
[41:12] | Truth? | 真相 |
[41:15] | Why’d you really come by my office? | 你为什么来我办公室 |
[41:17] | I told you, I needed help. | 我说了 我需要帮助 |
[41:19] | You work for a paper. You didn’t need me. | 你为报社工作 你不需要我 |
[41:23] | I…okay. | 我 好吧 |
[41:26] | After all we’ve been through, I just thought that | 在我们经历了那一切后 我想着 |
[41:30] | maybe we should clear the air. | 也许我们应该把话说开 |
[41:32] | And I don’t know, be friends. | 我也说不好 做朋友 |
[41:36] | Friends? | 朋友 |
[41:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:41] | Wait, what are you doing? | 等等 你在干嘛 |
[41:43] | I’m sending you home. | 找车送你回家 |
[41:45] | I get lied to enough covering politics, so… | 我报道政治新闻的时候被骗过够多次了 所以 |
[41:49] | Come on. Jamie. | 别这样 杰米 |
[41:53] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[41:55] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[41:57] | I-I wanted to see you. | 我 我是想见你 |
[42:04] | I wanted to know what your life looked like. | 我想知道你的生活是怎样的 |
[42:09] | If you were happy with the life you chose, or… | 你对你选择的生活是满意 还是 |
[42:14] | It’s like, one day, you just wake up and it’s settled. | 就像某一天 你大梦初醒 发现一切都已尘埃落定 |
[42:18] | You are who you are, and… | 你就是你 |
[42:21] | you don’t remember how it got that way. | 你不记得是如何走到了这步 |
[42:25] | You don’t remember deciding. | 不记得什么时候做了决定 |
[42:29] | It just happened. | 一切就已经这样了 |
[42:33] | I just wonder if you ever look back at your life and… | 我只是想知道你会不会回首过往 |
[42:39] | have regrets. | 怀有遗憾 |
[42:44] | Because I do. I have some regrets. | 因为我有 我有遗憾 |
[42:53] | Come back to the Varick with me. | 和我一起回瓦里克酒店吧 |
[42:56] | What? | 什么 |
[43:01] | Jesus, Elena. | 天啊 埃琳娜 |
[43:03] | What’s it like being this much of a narcissist? | 当一个自恋狂是什么感受 |
[43:05] | You know the world doesn’t actually orbit around you. | 你知道世界不是围着你转的吧 |
[43:07] | Wait, you’re the one who asked me to dinner. | 等等 不是你约我去吃晚餐的吗 |
[43:10] | You-you-you said you wanted a nightcap. | 你 你说你想小酌一杯 |
[43:12] | Because I wanted to see if you’d ever own up. | 那是因为我想看你会不会坦白 |
[43:15] | Take responsibility. Fucking apologize. | 承担责任 他妈的道歉 |
[43:17] | – You broke up with me. – That’s what you want to bring up? | -是你甩了我 -你想提这事吗 |
[43:19] | Our break-up? | 分手 |
[43:21] | We were fucking kids. | 我们那时就是小孩 |
[43:24] | No, I’m talking about what you did to me. | 不 我说的是你对我做的事 |
[43:28] | – Look, I– – When you called this time, | -听着 -当你打电话来时 |
[43:31] | I truly wondered if you’d changed. | 我真的想知道你是不是变了 |
[43:33] | But you haven’t. | 但你没变 |
[43:35] | You’re still the same sad person living a sad life. | 你还是那个过着可悲生活的可悲的人 |
[43:41] | You stuck to your plan. | 你按计划走下去了 |
[43:45] | But it’s not my job to make your life bearable. | 但让你的生活好过一些不是我的责任 |
[44:09] | 4:15 p.m. | 下午4点15分 |
[44:11] | Elena, it’s me. The Varick, huh? | 埃琳娜 是我 瓦里克酒店啊 |
[44:16] | I got your message. Just trying you back. | 我收到你的信息了 想试试能不能打通 |
[44:19] | Call me at the office when you get this. Glad you made it safe. | 收到后打给我办公室 你平安到达就好 |
[44:24] | 7:13 p.m. | 下午7点13分 |
[44:26] | Hey, I’m headed home. Uh, I don’t know what you’re up to, | 我要回家了 我不知道你在干什么 |
[44:31] | but…we should probably talk. | 但我们可能得谈谈 |
[44:35] | 10:43 p.m. | 晚上10点43分 |
[44:38] | Okay, well… | 好吧 |
[44:40] | I don’t know what’s going on. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[44:42] | But I’m worried, Elena. | 但我很担心 埃琳娜 |
[44:45] | And I just… | 我只是 |
[44:49] | I don’t know what I’m supposed to be worried about anymore. | 我不知道自己该担心什么 |
[45:37] | – Are you okay? – Yes, I am. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[45:40] | I’m sorry, baby. | 对不起 宝贝 |
[45:49] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[45:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[46:04] | Did you want me? | 你当时想生下我吗 |
[46:08] | When you had me? | 你怀上我的时候 |
[46:17] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[46:19] | I did. | 我想 |
[46:24] | I did. You have no idea. | 我想 你根本想象不到 |
[46:28] | You… | 你 |
[46:31] | You were so wanted. | 我非常想生下你 |
[46:43] | Jesus, okay. | 天呐 好吧 |
[46:47] | – Hi, ma’am. – Hi. | -你好女士 -你好 |
[46:48] | I just saw you here sleeping. | 我刚才看到你在这里睡着了 |
[46:49] | I wanted to make sure you’re all right. | 我想确定你没事 |
[46:51] | Thank you so much, officer. I’m just resting. | 很感谢你 警官 我只是在休息 |
[46:54] | – I have a long drive home. – All right. | -我要开很久的车才到家 -那好 |
[46:56] | But you may want to move along now. | 但是你现在也许该开车走了 |
[46:58] | This isn’t the safest neighborhood. | 这一代不太安全 |
[47:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[47:44] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[47:47] | Why are you here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[47:56] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[47:59] | Fucking answer me, Lexie. | 快回答我 莱克西 |
[48:02] | She keeps asking and asking me and I keep wondering. | 她一直追问我 我一直在想 |
[48:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[48:10] | Did I do the right thing, keeping the truth from her? | 我不告诉她真相 这样做对吗 |
[48:14] | Only you know that. | 只有你知道 |
[48:18] | There are so many secrets, Mi. | 秘密太多了 小米 |
[48:22] | It’s those secrets that keep you alone. | 这些秘密让你孤独 |
[48:26] | That isolate you, even from the ones you love. | 让你与他人隔绝 包括你爱的人 |
[48:31] | And loved. | 还有你爱过的人 |
[48:40] | Honey, I think this is what you’re really scared of. | 亲爱的 我想这才是你真正害怕的事 |
[48:46] | But maybe it’s time to be honest with her. | 但也许是时候和她说实话了 |
[48:51] | God, Anita. I don’t think I can do that. | 天呐 安妮塔 我觉得我做不到 |
[48:57] | I… I don’t think I can do… | 我觉得我做不到 |
[49:19] | Hi. Are you Mrs. Wright? | 你好 你是怀特太太吗 |
[49:22] | – Yes. – I’m Elena Richardson. | -我是 -我叫埃琳娜·理查德森 |
[49:24] | I’m a reporter from The Shaker Times in Ohio. | 我是俄亥俄州《西克尔时报》的记者 |
[49:28] | I’m so sorry to bother you, | 非常抱歉打扰你 |
[49:29] | but I’m doing a story about your daughter, Mia. | 但是我在写一篇关于你女儿米娅的报道 |
[49:33] | Would you be willing to talk to me? | 你愿意和我聊聊吗 |
[53:05] | The last time we saw Mia, she was pregnant. | 上次我们见到米娅的时候 她怀孕了 |
[53:10] | You’ve never met your grandchild? | 你们从来没见过你的外孙女吗 |
[53:13] | That baby was never going to be our grandchild. | 那个孩子永远也不会是我们的外孙女 |
[53:18] | I’m sorry, I… I don’t understand. | 抱歉 我不明白 |
[53:23] | The baby Mia was carrying in that picture. | 米娅在照片里抱着的那个孩子 |
[53:27] | It was not hers. | 不是她的孩子 |