时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Father God, | 天父 |
[00:14] | I just ask that you would watch over our daughter, Mia, | 我请求你照看我们的女儿 米娅 |
[00:18] | as she willingly and willfully | 她心甘情愿且固执地 |
[00:21] | goes to New York City to get a degree in fine art. | 要去纽约市攻读美术专业 |
[00:25] | They had 1,800 homicides, up from last year. | 去年那里发生了1800起凶杀案 |
[00:29] | Protect Mia, sweet Jesus in that Big Apple of sin. | 上帝请保护米娅在罪恶大苹果的安全 |
[00:33] | And we pray for our son, Warren. | 我们也为我们儿子沃伦祈祷 |
[00:36] | And get him to the NFL. | 让他进入职业橄榄球大联盟 |
[00:39] | If it be thy will. | 如果这是您的旨意 |
[00:41] | That one of our children might honor us with a successful career. | 我们的孩子之一能功成名就 |
[00:45] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[00:46] | Amen. Thank you, Daddy and Mama, for that beautiful prayer. | 阿门 谢谢爸爸妈妈真挚的祷告 |
[01:01] | You’re lying. She didn’t say that. | 你骗人 她没这么说 |
[01:02] | No, no, she literally asked the whole deaconess board | 不 她真的有叫女执事委员会全体成员 |
[01:05] | to pray that you don’t come back a hooker. | 祈祷你不会成为妓女 |
[01:08] | Or worse, a lesbian. | 或者更糟 女同性恋 |
[01:10] | All I’m coming back as is a better artist. | 我只会成为一个更好的艺术家 |
[01:14] | I hope. | 希望如此 |
[01:19] | Here. Don’t… | 拿去 别… |
[01:22] | don’t open it until you get to your dorm. | 到宿舍前别打卡 |
[01:27] | Mia, I said wait. | 米娅 我叫你等等的 |
[01:31] | Wren… | 伦 |
[01:34] | No! You’ve been saving for a car forever. | 不 你为了买车存了好久的钱 |
[01:38] | Aw, come on. By next year, | 拜托 到明年 |
[01:39] | I’ll-I’ll have some scholarship to some big ass school. | 我就能拿到知名学校的奖学金了 |
[01:42] | Come on, Mi, just take it. New York’s expensive. | 米 拿去吧 纽约生活费很昂贵 |
[01:45] | No way. | 不行 |
[01:51] | At least take this. | 至少收下这个 |
[01:55] | – Mace? – You gonna need it. | -梅西催泪剂 -你会需要的 |
[02:40] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[02:43] | Then sit. | 那就坐下 |
[02:48] | What is beauty? | 什么是美 |
[02:53] | How do we recognize it? | 我们要怎么识别 |
[02:58] | Is it in the extraordinary? | 它存在于非凡的事物中吗 |
[03:02] | The mundane? | 还是平凡的事物中 |
[03:05] | Or in Das Unheimlich? | 亦或存在于怪怖中 |
[03:08] | The uncanny. | 怪怖 |
[03:13] | Consider Sigmund Freud’s definition. | 细想西格蒙德·弗洛伊德的阐释 |
[03:16] | That the uncanny is in that class of the terrifying | 怪怖者是令人惊异恐惧的一类 |
[03:20] | which leads back to something long known to us, | 最后回到我们知道已久的事物 |
[03:24] | once very familiar. | 曾经很熟悉 |
[03:32] | This is fine. | 这挺好的 |
[03:34] | Where’s the stuff I saw in your portfolio? | 我在你作品集里看到的东西哪去了 |
[03:37] | The re-purposed materials, the collages. | 重新定位的素材 拼贴 |
[03:40] | I-I was just trying to do the assignment. | 我只是想完成你的作业 |
[03:44] | Oh, and you say those kids are your subjects? | 你说那些孩子是你的拍摄对象 |
[03:47] | But are they? | 真的是吗 |
[03:50] | Uh, I thought so. | 我以为是的 |
[03:53] | That stuff is you. | 那东西是你 |
[03:57] | Don’t abandon that. | 别放弃 |
[04:01] | This semester, we’ll explore how your familiar heimlich, or home, | 我们会在这学期里探索你所熟悉的秘密 或者家 |
[04:06] | can become uncanny, repulsive. | 如何变为怪怖 令人厌恶 |
[04:12] | Or even terrifying. | 甚至可怕 |
[04:15] | That’s the point of what we’re doing here. | 这就是我们这门课的意义 |
[04:18] | Either put something new into the world | 要么给世界增添新的东西 |
[04:21] | or use what you have | 要么用你所拥有的资源 |
[04:23] | to show me what is terrifying, | 向我展示你可怕的 |
[04:26] | repulsive, and uncanny about you. | 令人厌恶的 怪怖的地方 |
[06:15] | So you were right. | 看来你说得没错 |
[06:17] | Those kids weren’t my subject. Not technically, I mean. | 我的拍摄对象不是这些孩子 严格上来说不是 |
[06:22] | It’s-it’s really about me and… | 其实是我自己… |
[06:25] | this new place, this city | 这个新地方 这座城市 |
[06:28] | that is so terrifying, in some ways, | 从某种意义上来说太可怕了 |
[06:31] | but also familiar. | 但也是那么熟悉 |
[06:34] | How did you get this layering here? | 你怎么洗出这层效果的 |
[06:38] | I exposed two negatives together repeatedly. | 我反复一起曝光两张负底片 |
[06:41] | But what about those darker spots? | 但这些偏暗的点呢 |
[06:44] | I used a flame to singe some areas away. | 我用火烧掉了一些地方 |
[06:53] | Come to my opening. | 来我的开幕式吧 |
[06:59] | It’s at my friend’s gallery in the East Village. | 在我朋友开在东区的画廊里 |
[07:05] | Next weekend. | 下周末 |
[08:02] | – Back the fuck up. – No, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | -给我滚开 -不 抱歉 抱歉 |
[08:05] | I’ve been watching you, trying to get up the nerve. | 我一直在看你 想鼓起勇气说几句话 |
[08:08] | Okay, you look so much like my wife. You look like her. | 你很像我妻子 看起来和她一模一样 |
[08:10] | You look just like her, and I thought like, maybe it was a sign. | 你们一模一样 我就想 这可能是一个预兆 |
[08:13] | A sign for what? What do you want? | 什么预兆 你想要什么 |
[08:16] | Okay. My wife and I, um… | 好吧 我和我妻子… |
[08:21] | can’t have children, and we’re looking for a surrogate | 生不出孩子 所以我们在找和她长相相似的 |
[08:25] | who looks like her. | 代孕母亲 |
[08:26] | Um, so that-that could carry our baby. | 这样就能生下我们的孩子 |
[08:30] | And I realize that sounds completely bizarre. | 我知道这听起来很奇怪 |
[08:32] | I know that, and I’m sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[08:35] | I didn’t mean to scare you. You don’t have to say anything. | 我无意吓到你 你不用非得说什么 |
[08:38] | Okay, I don’t even know if you would consider this. | 我不知道你会不会考虑一下 |
[08:39] | If you could even use the money. | 也不知道你缺不缺钱 |
[08:41] | Can I just…just… | 我能不能… |
[08:48] | That’s me, okay. I’m– I’m Joe. | 这是我的名片 我叫乔 |
[08:52] | My wife’s Madeline, Maddie. | 我妻子叫麦德琳 一般叫她麦蒂 |
[08:55] | We just… | 我们只是… |
[08:59] | You could just think about it. | 你可以考虑一下 |
[09:04] | Please. | 拜托 |
[09:21] | 波琳·霍桑 《男孩自由》 | |
[09:37] | Mia. | 米娅 |
[09:46] | There she is. Anita, come here. | 她在这儿啊 安妮塔 过来 |
[09:50] | My student I was bragging about. Mia Wright. | 这就是我一直对你吹嘘的那个学生 米娅·怀特 |
[09:54] | It’s nice to meet you. | 认识你很高兴 |
[09:55] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:55] | Thanks again for letting me stay. | 再次感谢你让我留宿在这里 |
[11:00] | And-and for this. | 还有这个 |
[11:04] | My friend, Andrew, crashed with me for a bit. | 我的朋友安德鲁偶尔会和我一起住 |
[11:07] | – He left some clothes behind. – He moved out? | -他留了点衣服在这里 -他搬走了吗 |
[11:11] | No, he’s been in the hospital with pneumonia for weeks. | 不 他已经因为肺炎住院好几周了 |
[11:16] | This is his piece. | 这是他的作品 |
[11:21] | Always losing people, aren’t we? | 身边的人总会离我们而去 |
[11:24] | Not me. I’m staying. | 我不会 我会留下来 |
[11:35] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:07] | 亲爱的怀特小姐 很遗憾通知你 因为下一财年的预算缩减 接下来秋季学期你的奖学金已被取消 | |
[12:14] | I can’t leave, Wren. I can’t. | 我不能走 伦 我不能走 |
[12:17] | They said it’s all budget cuts and fucking Reagan. | 他们说是预算削减 该死的里根 |
[12:20] | And how am I supposed to come up with $12,000 for next year? | 我要怎么凑齐明年的一万二 |
[12:25] | I don’t know, Mi. | 我不知道 米 |
[12:27] | Mom-Mom and Dad will be back from church soon. | 爸爸和妈妈马上就要从教堂回来了 |
[12:29] | They’ll just tell me to | 他们只会告诉我 |
[12:30] | go to a real school so I can get a real job. | 去一个正经学校 找一份正经工作 |
[12:33] | They don’t understand. | 他们不懂的 |
[12:35] | This is where I have to be. | 我必须待在这里 |
[12:39] | This is what I have to do. | 我必须要学下去 |
[12:45] | You listen to me. Just find a way. | 听我说 想想办法 |
[12:48] | Okay? Do what you have to do. | 好吗 做你必须要做的 |
[12:52] | Just find a way. There’s always a way. | 想想办法吧 肯定有解决办法的 |
[12:59] | This must feel like a lot. | 这肯定令人难以接受 |
[13:02] | But we are just so grateful that you called. | 但我们很感激你打给我们 |
[13:07] | We know how crazy this sounds. | 我们知道这听起来有多疯狂 |
[13:09] | And there is… | 而且这种情况 |
[13:12] | no real road map for this. | 也没有操作指南 |
[13:14] | We’re just really trying to figure this out for ourselves. | 我们也是在自己摸索 |
[13:17] | So there’s absolutely no pressure, there’s no rush. | 所以你不用感到压力 也不用着急 |
[13:21] | How much would you pay? | 你们愿意付多少钱 |
[13:24] | And-and how soon would I get it? | 多快我可以拿到 |
[13:26] | We thought $10,000, if that seems… | 我们想的是一万美金 如果金额 |
[13:29] | I-I can’t do it for less than 12. | 少于一万二我做不了 |
[13:38] | I think we can make 12 work. | 我觉得我们可以支付一万二 |
[13:40] | You think, or… | 你觉得吗 还是 |
[13:42] | – or you can? – We can. | -你可以支付 -我们可以 |
[13:47] | We can, we can draw official paperwork. | 我们可以 我们可以起草正式文件 |
[13:49] | – We can figure out a payment– – Anything… | -我们可以解决付款… -任何事 |
[13:53] | to make you feel comfortable. | 只要能让你感到舒服 |
[13:55] | I’m comfortable. | 我感觉很舒服 |
[13:59] | I’m in. | 我同意了 |
[14:02] | She’s in. | 她同意了 |
[14:05] | She’s in. | 她同意了 |
[14:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:03] | Hi! Happy Monday. Come in, come in. | 周一快乐 进来吧 快进来 |
[15:06] | – Wow, good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[15:09] | Oh, so this guy’s going to need a bottle soon | 这个家伙马上要喝奶了 |
[15:13] | and probably a diaper change. | 可能还需要换尿布 |
[15:15] | I’ll get him all cleaned up and ready for world domination. | 我会把他收拾干净 让他准备好统治世界 |
[15:19] | Lexie’s already eaten | 莱克西已经吃过了 |
[15:21] | She’ll give you no trouble. | 她不会造成什么麻烦 |
[15:23] | And Trip’s kind of a grazer. | 崔普很喜欢吃零食 |
[15:26] | Emergency contacts. | 这个是紧急联系人号码 |
[15:27] | While my mother is at the top of the list, | 我妈妈的电话在第一个 |
[15:30] | you definitely do not want to call her after 3:30 P.M., | 你绝对不想下午三点半以后打过去的 |
[15:34] | at which time she turns into a pumpkin. | 因为那个时候她已经是一只南瓜了 |
[15:36] | A boozy, unreliable pumpkin. | 一只醉醺醺的 不可靠的南瓜 |
[15:38] | I get it, I have an aunt with, um, pumpkin tendencies. | 明白了 我有个小姨也有变南瓜的趋势 |
[15:42] | Hi, it’s Rachel, right? | 你好 你是瑞秋吗 |
[15:44] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[15:45] | Nice to meet you. Bill. | 很高兴认识你 我是比尔 |
[15:46] | And HI to you. | 你好啊 |
[15:49] | Last night was really fun. | 昨晚非常快乐 |
[15:52] | Big boy. | 大男孩 |
[15:53] | You gonna take care of your brother and sister? | 你会照顾好你的弟弟妹妹吗 |
[15:55] | Hold down the fort? Oh, I could just– | 守护好堡垒 我就能 |
[15:57] | I want to eat you. Okay. | 我想把你吃了 好的 |
[15:59] | – Honey, have a great first day back. – I will. | -亲爱的 祝你回归第一天顺利 -我会的 |
[16:02] | – I’m right behind you. – Okay, bye, guys. | -我也马上走了 -好的 拜拜各位 |
[16:05] | Okay, Mommy’s going. Mommy loves you. | 好了 妈妈要走了 妈妈爱你 |
[16:11] | Don’t be nervous. | 不用紧张 |
[16:12] | Moms always have a hard time going back to work, | 妈妈们回归职场的时候总是很不容易 |
[16:13] | but you have nothing to feel guilty about. | 但你不需要感到愧疚 |
[16:15] | Seriously. | 说真的 |
[16:18] | Okay, let’s go find your brother and sister. | 好咯 快去找你的弟弟妹妹吧 |
[16:33] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[16:39] | – Elena. – Hi. | -埃琳娜 -你好 |
[16:41] | – You look amazing. – Oh, thanks. | -你看上去棒极了 -谢谢 |
[16:42] | I could kill you. | 我真想杀了你 |
[16:44] | Come on, let us see the little guy. | 来吧 让我们看看小孩子 |
[16:47] | Well, look who finally decided to put down the babies. | 看看谁终于决定放下宝宝来工作了 |
[16:52] | His name’s not really Moody, is it? Not that I’m judging. | 他名字不会真是穆迪吧 我没有评判的意思 |
[16:55] | It’s Michael. | 是迈克尔 |
[16:57] | I can’t believe you have three now. | 真不敢相信你都有三个孩子了 |
[16:59] | – I know. – Please tell me you’re done. | -是啊 -告诉我你不会再生了 |
[17:02] | So done. | 绝对不生了 |
[17:03] | Uh, in fact, I wanted to talk to you. | 事实上 我想和你谈谈 |
[17:05] | I heard Danny left for The Plain Dealer, | 我听说丹尼跳槽去《实话报》了 |
[17:07] | and I’d really love to take on more. | 我很乐意多分担一点工作 |
[17:10] | Yeah, absolutely, let’s talk. | 好啊 没问题 我们谈谈吧 |
[17:12] | There’s been a lot of changes since you’ve been gone. | 你走后这里发生了不少变化 |
[17:15] | Sandra actually got promoted to Danny’s position, | 桑德拉升到了丹尼的位置上 |
[17:18] | so you will be reporting to her. | 你以后就向她汇报了 |
[17:22] | Wow. Congratulations. | 恭喜啊 |
[17:25] | I definitely need something. Anything that works. | 我绝对需要点什么 只要有用就行 |
[17:28] | I’m not opposed to the pill. Uh, I’ve read about the sponge. | 我不反对药物 我了解过海绵避孕栓 |
[17:31] | But is it messy? | 不过那会不会很脏 |
[17:33] | I was thinking of something more long-term. | 我想要一些更长期的东西 |
[17:35] | What do you think of an IUD? | 你觉得宫内节育器怎么样 |
[17:37] | This is actually a bigger conversation between you and Bill. | 这个话题应该由你和比尔一起讨论 |
[17:40] | – Does, uh, tubal ligation have a lengthy recovery? – Elena. | -输卵管结扎的恢复期长吗 -埃琳娜 |
[17:45] | You can’t have birth control right now. | 你现在不能采取节育措施 |
[17:47] | You’re pregnant. | 你怀孕了 |
[17:54] | No. | 不可能 |
[17:57] | Yes. | 是真的 |
[18:03] | So I go to watch the game, | 我准备看比赛 |
[18:05] | and someone has taped the goddamn royal wedding over it. | 结果某人录了该死的皇室婚礼 |
[18:08] | – No. – Someone. | -不会吧 -某人 |
[18:10] | Okay, I know, I know, it was bad, but it was so good. | 好吧 我知道这样不好 不过婚礼太好看了 |
[18:15] | Still none for you. Right, Linda? | 你还是不喝吗 琳达 |
[18:17] | Uh, yeah, none for me. | 对 我不喝 |
[18:19] | – Thank you. – Honey? | -谢谢 -亲爱的 |
[18:21] | Definitely. | 当然 |
[18:28] | And that’s when I realized | 那时候我才发现 |
[18:30] | the doll was covered in Trip’s actual shit. | 洋娃娃上真的是崔普的屎 |
[18:34] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[18:35] | Poor Lexie. Well, that girl needs her own room. | 可怜的莱克西 那姑娘得有间自己的房间 |
[18:39] | How’s the search going? | 房子找得怎么样了 |
[18:41] | It’d be a lot quicker | 如果比尔肯接受 |
[18:42] | if Bill would take my mom up on her offer. | 我妈的提议 会快很多 |
[18:45] | Hey, if my in-laws wanted to give me a free house, I’d take it. | 如果我岳母想给我免费的房子 我肯定接受 |
[18:47] | – Down payment free, but– – I’d be afraid to turn into my mother. | -只是首付免费而已 但是 -我真害怕变成我妈 |
[18:50] | That would take a lot of gin. | 得要喝很多金酒才行 |
[18:52] | And with the upkeep alone, | 光是维护费 |
[18:53] | I’d have to kiss the PD’s office goodbye. | 我就得跟公设辩护人说拜拜了 |
[18:55] | Which isn’t a terrible thing. | 这又不是什么坏事 |
[18:57] | It’s a partner track at a big firm. | 你有机会在大律所当上合伙人啊 |
[19:00] | You know, you guys should buy in Ludlow. | 你们应该在勒德洛买房 |
[19:01] | You hear about those new loans? | 你听说那里的新贷款政策了吗 |
[19:02] | They’re practically paying white people to stay. | 他们几乎是付钱让白人留在那里 |
[19:03] | My mother is on the committee that-that pushed for those. | 我妈就在推动这些政策的那个委员会里 |
[19:07] | The loans are– they’re not really for people like us. | 那个贷款不太适合我们这种人 |
[19:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:11] | Oh, and Cynthia gave me a recommendation for book club. | 辛西娅给读书俱乐部推荐了一本书 |
[19:12] | – It’s a good red. – Yeah, good wine. | -这红酒不错 -是啊 是好酒 |
[19:15] | She said it’s a romantic story with a twist. | 她说是个有转折的爱情故事 |
[19:17] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[19:22] | So sorry. One second. | 对不起 稍等 |
[19:28] | Oh, my God, Mark. | 天啊 马克 |
[19:30] | No. | 不会吧 |
[19:32] | No, she can’t be. | 不 她不会是 |
[19:34] | Not again. | 不会又怀上了吧 |
[19:35] | – Not after I– – Look, I think we should tell them. | -不会在我…之后 -我想我们应该告诉他们 |
[19:39] | They’d want to know. | 他们会想知道的 |
[19:42] | Miscarriages, I mean, they happen to people all the time. | 流产对人们而言是常事 |
[19:51] | Not to Elena. | 对埃琳娜不是 |
[20:04] | Mom. | 妈 |
[20:06] | – I’m so sorry about the sitter. – It’s fine. | -真抱歉让你照看他们 -没事的 |
[20:09] | I canceled bridge. | 我不去打桥牌了 |
[20:11] | Moody here just cried himself to sleep. | 穆迪自己哭得睡着了 |
[20:14] | And those other two, do you even discipline them? | 至于另外两个 你管教过他们吗 |
[20:18] | Oh, this place. It’s a disaster. | 这个地方可够糟糕的 |
[20:21] | I don’t know why you would rather live in a shoebox | 我不懂你为什么偏要住在蜗居里 |
[20:25] | than a beautiful family home. | 而不住在美丽温馨的家里 |
[20:26] | I’m pregnant again. | 我又怀孕了 |
[20:30] | I, I just got back, | 我 我才刚回来 |
[20:31] | and-and now I’m gonna be derailed again. | 而现在我又得停下来了 |
[20:34] | – And fucking Sandra got promoted to editor. Sandra. – Sweetheart, | -该死的桑德拉被升任为编辑了 桑德拉 -宝贝 |
[20:38] | it’s impressive that you’ve worked for as long as you have. | 你工作了这么久 真的非常优秀 |
[20:43] | This obsession that your generation has. | 你这代人的那种执念 |
[20:47] | It is okay to just be a woman and let men be men. | 安心做个女人就好 让男人做他们的事 |
[20:51] | You… you don’t know what it means to love your work. | 你 你不懂热爱工作的意义 |
[20:55] | This paper that you’re working for, no one even reads it. | 你所工作的这家报纸甚至都没人读 |
[20:57] | And-and Bill told me that | 还 还有比尔告诉我 |
[20:59] | your job barely even pays for your help. | 你的薪水几乎都不够付佣人的工资 |
[21:02] | Bill said that? | 比尔这么说过吗 |
[21:04] | You should be trying to make things easier on yourself. | 你应该让自己活得轻松一些 |
[21:07] | Things would be easier without another baby. | 少要一个孩子 生活会轻松一些 |
[21:12] | I mean, you’re acting as if it’s a choice. | 你说得就像这是个选择似的 |
[21:15] | It is. | 它是的 |
[21:17] | We’ve held up signs that said so. | 我们举过写着这个道理的标语 |
[21:19] | You have money and resources, | 你有钱 也有资源 |
[21:22] | and there is no reason that you can’t have another baby. | 你没有理由不能再要一个孩子 |
[21:25] | Is not wanting another one a reason? | 不想要可以算作是一个理由吗 |
[21:31] | Not for people like us. | 对于我们这种人不是 |
[21:35] | Look at me. This is a good thing. | 看着我 这是好事 |
[21:38] | This is-this is a good thing. We’re gonna have another baby. | 这 这是好事 我们又要有个宝宝了 |
[21:40] | I can’t believe it. | 这简直难以置信 |
[21:43] | Four. | 4个 |
[21:44] | Yeah, four, | 嗯 4个 |
[21:46] | and I promise it’s not gonna be much different than three. | 我保证这和3个不会有太大区别的 |
[21:52] | Okay, come here, come here, come here. | 好 来 来 来 |
[21:57] | How am I supposed to tell work? | 我怎么和公司交代呢 |
[21:59] | You can…maybe you can drop back to part-time. | 你可以 或许你可以重新干兼职 |
[22:03] | Or you can– you can just drop it all together. | 或者你可以 你可以干脆就不干了 |
[22:07] | Honey, I think that | 亲爱的 我认为 |
[22:08] | you’re gonna have a lot on your plate with the move. | 加上搬家 你会忙不过来的 |
[22:15] | Was this fourth baby all part of some elaborate plan you had? | 这第4个孩子是你妙计中的一环吗 |
[22:18] | To get me to say yes to the parent’s house? | 想让我同意住在你父母家吗 |
[22:23] | Come here. | 来 |
[22:33] | I hope it’s a girl. | 我希望是个女孩 |
[22:37] | What was that name we loved? | 我们喜欢的那个名字叫什么来着 |
[22:40] | – Isabelle. – Yeah, right. | -伊莎贝尔 -对 |
[22:44] | – Isabelle. – Yeah. | -伊莎贝尔 -嗯 |
[23:01] | No, no way. | 不 没门 |
[23:03] | His Marlboro ads are not art. They’re derivative. | 他的万宝路广告不是艺术 而是衍生品 |
[23:07] | – He’s basically stealing. – You mean appropriating? | -他根本就是在剽窃 -你是说借鉴吧 |
[23:11] | Don’t we all do some version of that in our own art? | 我们难道不都在自己的作品里或多或少地这样做吗 |
[23:14] | I mean, look what you’re doing. | 看看你自己是怎么做的 |
[23:16] | You take things that don’t technically belong to you | 你把严格来讲不属于你的东西 |
[23:18] | and put them in your art. | 融进了你的艺术 |
[23:20] | I manipulate, I curate. | 我摆弄 我在策展 |
[23:23] | What Richard Prince is doing is something completely different. | 理查德·普林斯做的是完全不同的事 |
[23:27] | What about Grandmaster Flash? | 那闪耀大师呢 |
[23:29] | Is that art, or is he stealing from The Tom Tom Club? | 是艺术 还是他在剽窃汤姆汤姆俱乐部 |
[23:33] | I’m not saying you can’t appropriate. | 我不是说你不能借鉴 |
[23:36] | Duchamp, or Warhol, they all appropriate. | 杜尚 或者沃霍尔 他们都会借鉴 |
[23:39] | But you just can’t only appropriate. | 但你不能只是借鉴 |
[23:42] | Like Richard Prince, it’s-it’s totally fucking boring. | 就像理查德·普林斯 那太无聊了 |
[23:47] | I’ve never even used a tampon before. | 我没用过卫生棉条 |
[23:53] | I’ve never… | 我从来没 |
[23:58] | Are you… | 你 |
[24:00] | Are you a virgin? | 你是处女吗 |
[24:08] | Do you want me to help you? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[24:13] | It’s like you said. | 就像你说的 |
[24:14] | The art should either bring something new into the world | 艺术要么给世界增添新的东西 |
[24:17] | or-or something strange and familiar and terrifying, | 要么就展示出陌生又熟悉 可怕的东西 |
[24:21] | or at the very least, uncomfortable. | 起码是不舒服的 |
[24:24] | It should give us the uncanny. | 应该能给我们怪怖的感觉 |
[24:28] | So you were listening that first day. | 所以你在第一天上有认真听我讲 |
[24:36] | You really think Richard Prince is boring? | 你真觉得理查德·普林斯很无聊吗 |
[24:38] | Totally fucking boring. | 真他妈无聊 |
[24:41] | Yeah, then you wouldn’t want your work at a show with him here. | 好吧 那你就不会想和他一起参展 |
[24:47] | Uh, what? | 什么 |
[24:54] | I’m gonna be in a show with Richard Prince! | 我要跟理查德·普林斯一起展出了 |
[25:20] | This. | 这张 |
[25:22] | This one we can work with. I love this. | 我们可以用这张 我喜欢这张 |
[25:24] | I don’t know. I’m not sure it works. | 我不知道 我不确定 |
[25:28] | The assignment’s to do a self-portrait. | 这个任务是做一个自画像 |
[25:32] | So stop avoiding it. | 所以不要逃避它 |
[25:35] | Avoiding what? | 逃避什么 |
[25:37] | Feeling it. | 去感受它 |
[25:42] | When are you gonna tell me what you’ve done? | 你准备什么时候告诉我你的事 |
[25:55] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[26:02] | Wren! | 伦 |
[26:06] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[26:08] | Told you there was a good reason | 我跟你说了 |
[26:09] | why I didn’t come home this summer. | 我今年暑假不回家是有原因的 |
[26:15] | Look, are we really not gonna talk about how crazy this is? | 听着 我们真的不谈谈这有多疯狂吗 |
[26:18] | I mean, I’d-I’d be this kid’s uncle. | 我是说 我会是这孩子的舅舅 |
[26:21] | Not this kid. Your kid. | 不是这孩子 是你的孩子 |
[26:23] | It’s not my kid. | 这不是我的孩子 |
[26:27] | This is wrong. | 这样不对 |
[26:29] | And twisted, Mi. God has a plan for you. | 这不正常 米 上帝有其安排 |
[26:31] | Don’t parrot them. | 别说这些陈词滥调了 |
[26:32] | And I’m pretty sure that’s not what this is. | 我很确定这不是 |
[26:33] | What about my plan? | 那我自己的计划呢 |
[26:36] | Does that matter? | 那重要吗 |
[26:42] | Do you realize that your sister is one of the most | 你意识到你姐姐是我见过 |
[26:44] | talented artists I have ever met? | 最有天赋的艺术家之一吗 |
[26:48] | Anyone can be a mother. | 谁都可以做母亲 |
[26:50] | Few can do what your sister does. | 但只有少数人能做你姐姐做的 |
[26:54] | In fact… | 事实上 |
[26:57] | no one can. | 没有人能 |
[27:10] | So, do I look like a New Yorker? | 我看上去像个纽约客吗 |
[27:22] | Yeah, it’s, uh… | 对 这 |
[27:24] | Yeah, not touristy at all. | 对 一点都不像游客 |
[27:29] | I love it, by the way. | 对了 我很喜欢这辆车 |
[27:31] | It’s so you. | 很有你的风格 |
[27:34] | Yeah, the door fills up with water when it rains, but… | 下雨的时候门里就会灌满水 但是 |
[27:37] | Gives it character. | 让它很有个性 |
[27:44] | To open when you’re home. | 等你到家了再打开 |
[27:47] | Come on. | 不要 |
[27:49] | – Okay. – I’ll open this thing. | -好吧 -我要现在就打开 |
[27:54] | Come on. | 不会吧 |
[28:04] | Look, Mi, I… I want us to be cool. | 听着 米 我希望我们能和好 |
[28:07] | The last thing I want to do is fight in front of the baby. | 我最不想做的就是在宝宝面前和你吵架 |
[28:11] | I mean, she’s already gonna have a hard enough time | 毕竟 她遗传了你的大脑门 |
[28:12] | going through life with that big-ass forehead of yours. | 就已经够艰难了 |
[28:17] | She? | 女孩 |
[28:19] | It’s a gut feeling. | 我的直觉 |
[28:23] | Do me a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[28:24] | Play her some Marvin Gaye while you can. | 如果可以的话给她放点马文·盖伊的歌 |
[28:27] | If she can’t grow up with her Uncle Warren, | 如果沃伦舅舅没法在她成长过程中陪着她 |
[28:28] | at least she can have some good taste in music. | 至少帮我培养一下她对音乐的品味 |
[28:39] | I love you so much. | 我很爱你 |
[28:43] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[28:47] | So, uh… | 所以 |
[28:49] | you gonna break it to Mom and Dad that their prayers didn’t work? | 你打算告诉爸爸妈妈他们的祈祷没用吗 |
[28:54] | Well, at least you’re not a hooker, I guess. | 至少你没变成妓女 |
[28:59] | – What? – Come on. | -什么 -拜托 |
[29:01] | The-the whole Pauline thing. | 你和那个什么波琳的在一起 |
[29:07] | No, no, it’s-it’s not like that. It’s… | 不 不是那样的 |
[29:11] | My professor, my mentor. | 她是我的教授 我的导师 |
[29:12] | Mm-hmm. Right. | 嗯 我信 |
[29:16] | Well, whoever she is, she don’t know you like I do. | 不管她是谁 她都没有我了解你 |
[29:21] | Never let anyone tell you who you are. | 永远别让任何人定义你 |
[29:24] | Not even me. | 就算是我 |
[29:31] | You say you want to create something that will change the world. | 你说你想要创造出能够改变这个世界的东西 |
[29:36] | What if it’s her? | 如果就是这个女孩呢 |
[30:08] | Did you mean what you said to Warren? | 你对沃伦说的话是真心的吗 |
[30:12] | Am I making the right choice? | 我做的选择是正确的吗 |
[30:18] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[30:23] | What do you see? | 你看见了什么 |
[30:26] | A monster. | 一个怪物 |
[30:31] | I see… | 我看到的 |
[30:34] | power. | 是力量 |
[30:36] | Beauty. | 美感 |
[30:38] | Ugliness. Gods and mothers. | 丑陋 神与母爱 |
[30:42] | Virgins. | 处女 |
[30:46] | I see the monsters, too. | 我也看到怪物 |
[30:58] | And I love them. Fiercely. | 但我狂热地喜爱它们 |
[31:05] | What are we? I mean, to each other. | 我们对彼此来说意味着什么 |
[31:16] | What do you feel? | 你觉得呢 |
[31:42] | Everything. | 一切 |
[32:09] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[33:06] | Isabelle, come on. You have to eat, please. | 伊莎贝尔 拜托 你得喝奶 求你了 |
[33:13] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[33:36] | Okay, Isabelle, sweetie, it’s coming. Just, just hold on. | 好了 伊莎贝尔 亲爱的 快好了 等一下 |
[33:41] | Moody, just watch your sister, all right? | 穆迪 看着你妹妹 好吗 |
[33:43] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[33:45] | It’s coming, all right? Just everybody, calm down. | 马上好了 大家都安静 |
[33:51] | Lexie, would you take care of Moody, please? | 莱克西 你能照顾一下穆迪吗 |
[33:53] | Just give your brother a hug or something. Just… | 给你弟弟一个拥抱什么的 |
[34:10] | They must have turned the water off. I don’t know. I don’t know. | 他们一定是把水停了 我不知道 我不知道 |
[34:13] | You call him! You were the one who wanted this renovation. | 你给他打电话 是你想要买个破房子翻修 |
[34:17] | Jesus! | 天呐 |
[34:19] | I don’t-I don’t give a damn about your partners, Bill. | 我才不管你的什么搭档 比尔 |
[34:22] | I need you. I need you to do actual things. | 我需要你 我需要你能帮上实际的忙 |
[34:25] | Where is the fucking pacifier? | 奶嘴在他妈的哪 |
[34:52] | Jesus Christ. Elena, what the hell? | 天呐 埃琳娜 怎么了 |
[34:57] | Hi, sweetie. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[35:01] | Four is different than three. | 四个比三个差太多 |
[35:09] | What are you doing? Elena, where are you going? | 你在做什么 埃琳娜 你要去哪里 |
[35:12] | To get a god damn pacifier. | 去买个该死的奶嘴 |
[35:14] | It’s okay, sweetie. It’s okay. | 没事的 宝贝 没事的 |
[35:41] | Manager, aisle four. | 经理 请来四号通道 |
[36:05] | – Yes. – What city? – Um, Manhattan. | -你好 -哪个城市 -曼哈顿 |
[36:08] | What name, please? | 请问叫什么名字 |
[36:10] | Jamie Caplan. | 杰米·卡普兰 |
[36:25] | Hello? | 你好 |
[36:26] | Jamie? | 杰米 |
[36:27] | Yes, who’s this? | 是的 你是谁 |
[36:30] | It-it’s me. It’s Elena. | 是我 埃琳娜 |
[36:54] | So, you– you good? How’s life? | 你还好吗 过得怎么样 |
[36:57] | Okay, you can’t do that. You can’t call me | 你不能这么做 你不能打电话给我 |
[37:00] | sobbing hysterically out of the blue and… | 没缘由地歇斯底里抽泣… |
[37:03] | What’s wrong? Is it Bill? | 怎么了 是因为比尔吗 |
[37:06] | The kids? What? | 孩子们 到底为什么 |
[37:08] | I’ll have another. | 再来一杯 |
[37:11] | You can’t not tell me. | 你不能什么也不说 |
[37:13] | Okay, I crossed the George Washington Bridge | 我为了见你在星期五晚上的交通状况下 |
[37:14] | in Friday night traffic for this. | 穿过乔治华盛顿大桥 |
[37:17] | I drove to Rochester. | 我开车去罗切斯特 |
[37:20] | Uh, I don’t want to talk about Bill or the, the kids. | 我不想聊比尔和孩子们 |
[37:24] | I just want to… | 我只想… |
[37:26] | hear about you. | 听你说说你的事 |
[37:28] | How is New York? | 纽约怎么样 |
[37:34] | It’s, uh, it’s loud. | 很吵 |
[37:38] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[37:40] | expensive. | 很贵 |
[37:44] | And I can’t imagine being anywhere else. | 是我一直想去的地方 |
[37:51] | I just got a job. | 我刚找到一份工作 |
[37:53] | At The Times. | 在《纽约时报》 |
[37:56] | You’re writing for The New York Times? | 你给《纽约时报》写稿件 |
[37:58] | I’m an editorial assistant. But… | 我是编辑助理 但是… |
[38:02] | Yeah, that’d be the goal, yeah. | 是的 那是我的目标 |
[38:05] | I’m in business now, but… | 我现在已经在做这个了 但是… |
[38:08] | hopefully foreign correspondent, eventually. | 希望最后能成为驻外记者 |
[38:10] | For the travel. | 为了能旅行 |
[38:12] | And my love of war-torn architecture. | 和我对饱受战争蹂躏建筑的热爱 |
[38:16] | You always were fond of destruction. | 你一直喜欢有毁灭性的东西 |
[38:18] | You know that’s not what I wanted. | 你知道这不是我想要的 |
[38:27] | I still think about how things | 我仍然会想如果你当时同意了 |
[38:28] | would’ve been different if you just said yes. | 一切都会不一样 |
[38:32] | If you’d stayed in Paris. | 如果你留在巴黎 |
[38:39] | Do you think about it? | 你会想吗 |
[38:44] | I had a life to start. A plan. | 我要开始我的生活 一个计划 |
[38:47] | I mean, it’s most peoples’ plan, right? | 这是大多数人的生活 对吧 |
[38:50] | Graduate college, get a job, get married, | 从大学毕业 找份工作 结婚 |
[38:52] | have kids, and you’re happy ’til death. | 生孩子 然后幸福到永远 |
[38:57] | Are you happy? | 你幸福吗 |
[39:01] | Are you? Happy? | 你幸福吗 |
[39:13] | – Did you do this? – What? No, I didn’t. | -是你点的歌吗 -什么 不 我没有 |
[39:15] | I didn’t, I swear. | 我没有 我发誓 |
[39:17] | – Get up. – No. | -起来 -不要 |
[39:19] | Come on, dance with me. | 来嘛 跟我跳支舞 |
[40:41] | I’m sorry, I just… | 对不起 我… |
[40:44] | I just need a minute. | 我需要一点时间 |
[40:46] | Shit. | 糟糕 |
[41:12] | Elena, you okay? | 埃琳娜 你没事吧 |
[41:18] | Fuck. | 操 |
[41:38] | – I need to go. – Why? | -我得走了 -为什么 |
[41:41] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[41:43] | Hey, hold on a second. Can we talk about this? | 等等 我们可以把这个说清楚吗 |
[41:46] | Look, I, I want this. And I know you do, too. | 这是我想要的 我知道你也想要 |
[41:50] | What? A fling at a motel in Rochester? | 什么 在罗切斯特的汽车旅馆搞一夜情吗 |
[41:57] | I still love you. | 我还爱着你 |
[42:01] | I… | 我… |
[42:04] | I never stopped. I… | 我从来没有停止过 我… |
[42:07] | I just didn’t want your plan. | 我当时只是不想要你的计划 |
[42:11] | And by the sounds of it, you don’t want it, either. | 而且听起来 你现在也不想要它了 |
[42:14] | But you don’t have to settle. | 但你不需要安定下来 |
[42:18] | And you do not have to be miserable. | 你也不需要痛苦 |
[42:25] | I never said either of those things. | 这些话我都没有说过 |
[42:29] | No, no, you just… | 是的 你只是… |
[42:32] | call me out of nowhere and ask me to | 突然打电话给我 |
[42:33] | drive six hours in the middle of the night to see you. | 让我夜里开车六小时来见你 |
[42:36] | I called you because I needed a friend. | 我打电话给你是因为我需要一个朋友 |
[42:39] | Not someone to take advantage of me in a hard moment. | 而不是在我有困难时占我便宜的人 |
[42:43] | Take advantage of you? Are you fucking kidding me? | 占你便宜 你他妈开什么玩笑 |
[42:47] | I’m married, Jamie. | 我结婚了 杰米 |
[42:49] | I have four children with the man I love. | 我有四个孩子 还有一个我爱的男人 |
[42:53] | I like my life. | 我喜欢我的生活 |
[42:56] | I chose my life. | 我选择了我的生活 |
[42:58] | I, I just–oh, I needed… | 我只是… 我需要… |
[43:02] | I don’t know. I don’t know what I needed. | 我不知道 我不知道我需要什么 |
[43:05] | But it wasn’t– it wasn’t this. | 但不是 不是这个 |
[43:39] | Elena. Jesus Christ, thank God. | 埃琳娜 天哪 感谢上帝 |
[43:42] | – Are you okay? – What happened? Where have you been? | -你没事吧 -出什么事了 你去哪儿了 |
[43:45] | We called the hospitals and your friends. | 我们打了电话给医院 还有你的朋友 |
[43:47] | – Your mom is worried sick. – I just needed a minute. | -你妈妈都急病了 -我只是想自己待会儿 |
[43:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:52] | Okay, well, I’m glad you took one. | 好吧 我很高兴你这样做了 |
[43:57] | I’m gonna go. You should get some sleep. | 我得走了 你快睡一觉吧 |
[44:00] | Okay, I’ll call you later. | 好的 我晚点给你打电话 |
[44:02] | Oh, and um, you should probably be careful in there. | 你进去之后还是要小心一点 |
[44:04] | There may still be some pieces of china on the floor. | 地板上可能还有些瓷器的碎片 |
[44:07] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[44:15] | Where’s Isabelle? | 伊莎贝尔在哪 |
[44:17] | – Um, she’s sleeping, finally. – Good. | -她终于睡着了 -太好了 |
[44:23] | Do you want me to go get her? | 你要我去把她抱过来吗 |
[44:26] | No. | 不用 |
[44:27] | I’ve got it. | 我自己来 |
[45:02] | – Hello? – Mia. | -喂 -米娅 |
[45:03] | It’s awful. It’s so awful. | 糟了 出大事了 |
[45:05] | – Mom? – He’s gone. He’s gone. | -妈 -他没了 他没了 |
[45:07] | Your brother’s gone. | 你弟弟没了 |
[45:08] | Mama, can-can you please slow down? | 妈妈 你能慢点说吗 |
[45:11] | There’s been an accident. | 出了一场事故 |
[45:12] | Warren, he was with his friends. | 沃伦跟他的朋友在一起 |
[45:14] | They couldn’t save him. He’s dead. | 他们救不了他 他死了 |
[45:17] | My baby is dead. | 我的宝贝死了 |
[45:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:40] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[46:03] | Is this okay? | 这么穿可以吗 |
[46:06] | Can we talk? | 我们能聊聊吗 |
[46:10] | Your daddy and I… | 我和你爸爸 |
[46:12] | We may not understand you. | 我们也许不理解你 |
[46:15] | But we love you. | 但是我们爱你 |
[46:17] | We all make our choices. You… | 我们都会做出选择 你… |
[46:20] | You made yours. | 你做了你的选择 |
[46:23] | But people see you today, there’ll be a lot of questions. | 但如果今天人们看到你 到时会有很多问题 |
[46:27] | Today’s about honoring Warren. | 今天的重点是缅怀沃伦 |
[46:30] | Let’s let it be about him. | 不要引起不必要的关注 |
[46:32] | You don’t want me to come to my own brother’s funeral? | 你不希望我去参加我亲弟弟的葬礼吗 |
[46:36] | I know you’ll find another way to honor him on your own. | 我知道你会找到另一种方式来缅怀他的 |
[47:31] | I think me being here is really helping, so… | 我想我来这里真的很有帮助 |
[47:38] | I just… | 所以我就… |
[47:40] | I-I need to stay a little while longer. | 我要再多待一段时间 |
[47:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[47:46] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这样做是对的 |
[47:52] | But, listen. | 但是听着 |
[47:56] | I love you, okay? | 我爱你 |
[48:05] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[51:17] | – Hello? – Pauline? | -你好 -是波琳吗 |
[51:20] | – It’s me. – Mia? | -是我 -米娅吗 |
[51:23] | – Wait, who, who is this? – Honey. | -等等 你是谁 -亲爱的 |
[51:26] | It’s Anita, from the gallery. | 我是画廊的安妮塔 |
[51:28] | What-what’s wrong? What happened? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[51:31] | Pauline passed away. | 波琳过世了 |
[51:35] | She was sick. | 她生病了 |
[51:37] | She was diagnosed two months ago. | 两个月前诊断出来 |
[51:41] | Diagnosed with what? | 诊断出什么病 |
[51:44] | Ovarian cancer. | 卵巢癌 |
[51:45] | – What? – It was too debilitating to treat. | -什么 -她太衰弱了 没法治疗 |
[51:49] | She just… she wanted to tell you in person | 她想在你回来的时候 |
[51:54] | when you were back, but… | 亲口告诉你的 但是… |
[51:57] | I’m-I’m here, I’m cleaning up her place, | 我来打扫她家 |
[52:00] | and-and putting her stuff in order. | 整理她的东西 |
[52:03] | Your stuff is… all packed up. | 你的东西都打包好了 |
[52:05] | And along with something she asked me to send to you. | 包括她叫我寄给你的东西 |
[52:11] | It’s a photo of you that she loved. | 是一张你的照片 她很喜欢 |
[52:15] | She wanted you to have. | 她想交给你 |
[52:17] | In case you needed to sell it. | 万一你需要卖掉 |
[52:21] | For you, or for your baby. | 为了你或是为了你的宝宝 |
[52:26] | I mean, you kept the baby, right? Pauline assumed. | 你把宝宝留下了是吗 波琳假设你是留下了 |
[52:29] | And, honey, they’ve been calling here. | 亲爱的 他们一直打电话来这里 |
[52:33] | The Ryans. They want to talk to you. | 瑞安家的人想见你 |
[52:38] | I loved Pauline and Pauline loved you, | 我爱波琳 波琳爱你 |
[52:40] | so whatever you need, I’m here. | 所以无论你需要什么 告诉我就行 |
[52:47] | I don’t know where we’ll end up. | 我不知道我们最终会去哪里 |
[52:52] | But I’ll let you know when we get there. | 但是等我们到的时候 我会告诉你的 |