时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The lawyer costs $30,000. | 找律师花了3万美金 |
[00:06] | Mi, if you need that kind of money, | 小米 如果你需要这么大笔钱 |
[00:07] | you know the piece you can sell to get it. | 你知道哪件作品可以卖到如此高价 |
[00:11] | I think you were right. I-I think she’s trying to hire a lawyer. | 我认为你说得对 我想她正打算雇个律师 |
[00:14] | I’m gonna have to go to court? | 我要上法庭了 |
[00:15] | – I mean, I don’t know. – And fight for my own child? | -我不确定 -去争夺我自己孩子的监护权 |
[00:18] | You’re representing the McCulloughs? | 你要代理麦卡洛夫妇吗 |
[00:19] | Of course I am. They’re our best friends. | 我当然会 他们是我们最好的朋友 |
[00:21] | You do realize they’re stealing that baby, right? | 我当然会 他们是我们最好的朋友 |
[00:23] | I need an abortion. | 我需要堕胎 |
[00:25] | – Pearl Warren? – That’s me. | -珀尔·沃伦 -是我 |
[00:30] | Come here. | 过来 |
[00:33] | – Elena! Don’t do this. – I’ll be back in two days. | -埃琳娜 请别这样 -我两天后就回来 |
[00:38] | Apparently Mia Wright had a brother. | 显然米娅·怀特有个哥哥 |
[00:40] | Her brother’s name is Warren. I knew it! | 她哥哥的名字是沃伦 我就知道 |
[00:43] | This is her. | 这是她 |
[00:44] | There are so many secrets, Mi. | 秘密太多了 小米 |
[00:47] | It’s those secrets that keep you alone. | 这些秘密让你孤独 |
[00:50] | You’ve never met your grandchild? | 你们从来没见过你的外孙女吗 |
[00:52] | The baby Mia was carrying in that picture… | 米娅在照片里怀着的那个孩子 |
[00:54] | it was not hers. | 不是她的孩子 |
[01:17] | We could still bail, you know. | 我们还是可以不去的 |
[01:19] | Go lounge around Borders, read magazines till they throw us out. | 去边境店里闲晃 看杂志看到他们赶我们出来 |
[01:23] | We don’t even know these kids. | 我们都不认识这些人 |
[01:25] | – We know JP. – You do. | -我们认识JP -你认识而已 |
[01:27] | – He said bring your friends. – He meant your boobs. | -他说叫上你朋友 -他指的是你的胸 |
[01:31] | And you know this party is just gonna be full | 你知道这派对里 |
[01:33] | of a bunch of Lexies in training bras, right? | 会有很多穿少女胸罩的莱克西吧 |
[01:36] | Well, we’re gonna be in high school with all of them. | 我们反正都要和他们一起上高中 |
[01:39] | Can we just try to fit in a little? | 能不能稍微尽量合群点 |
[01:43] | Ten more seconds to put your dick away, Dinowitz. | 还有十秒收好你的鸡鸡 迪诺维茨 |
[01:48] | It’s a party. Why are you dressed for, like, combat? | 这是个派对 你为什么穿得像是要去战斗 |
[02:01] | Your turn, Izzy. | 该你了 伊奇 |
[02:10] | It’s the ’90s, right? | 这是90年代 对吗 |
[02:13] | Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it. | 上 上 上 上 |
[02:20] | Izzy, wait. We probably shouldn’t. | 伊奇 等等 或许我们不该这么做 |
[02:23] | Except we, like, always do. | 但我们平时总这么做 |
[02:28] | Not with half the freshman class right outside the door. | 以前门外没有一群高一学生啊 |
[02:31] | No, just with our parents downstairs. | 是的 只是父母在楼下而已 |
[02:36] | Five more minutes. | 还有五分钟 |
[02:38] | See? Plenty of time. | 看吧 时间很充裕 |
[02:42] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:58] | Get off me. | 放开我 |
[03:02] | Wait, I thought you guys were friends. | 等等 你们不是朋友吗 |
[03:04] | Not after she just, like, molested me. | 朋友个屁 她刚骚扰我 |
[05:16] | It’s perfect. | 很完美 |
[05:30] | – How was the tree lighting? – Oh, it was beautiful. | -树灯节怎么样 -很漂亮 |
[05:33] | Lexie sounded wonderful. | 莱克西唱得很好 |
[05:35] | And the Chanticleers harmonies were really coming together. | 雄鸡合唱团的和声也越来越好了 |
[05:40] | Oh, Bill, these pictures. | 比尔 这些照片 |
[05:42] | Trip is blinking, | 崔普在眨眼 |
[05:43] | and Moody looks like he’s making some sort of squirrel face. | 穆迪看上去像是在模仿松鼠脸 |
[05:47] | Isabelle looks miserable, of course. | 伊莎贝尔一脸痛苦的样子 毫不意外 |
[05:49] | The only thing that’s working is the tartan. | 唯一看得下去的就是花格 |
[05:50] | I think we’re gonna have to re-shoot these. | 我们只能重新拍摄一次 |
[05:57] | Have you thought about what you’re gonna say tomorrow? | 你有想过明天要说什么吗 |
[06:01] | That’s what I stayed home to work on. | 我留在家就是在忙这事 |
[06:06] | I mean about Mia. | 我是指米娅 |
[06:12] | – Bebe is the one suing for custody. – And Mia is bankrolling it. | -争夺抚养权的是贝比 -米娅在提供资金 |
[06:16] | – Elena. – I’m sorry. | -埃琳娜 -不好意思 |
[06:18] | But look what she did to the poor Ryans. | 但是看看她对可怜的瑞安一家做了什么 |
[06:21] | And her parents and her daughter, and-and us. | 还有她对父母 对女儿和对我们做的事 |
[06:25] | I mean, she has really taken advantage of our generosity. | 她是真的利用了我们的慷慨 |
[06:29] | Pretending to be poor | 明明自己有五十万 |
[06:30] | when she’s really sitting on half a million dollars. | 还要假装很穷 |
[06:33] | Who’s sitting on a half a million dollars? | 谁有五十万 |
[06:35] | No one. I’m talking to your father. Go upstairs. | 没谁 我在跟你爸爸说话 上楼去 |
[06:41] | Mia kidnapped Pearl. | 米娅绑架了珀尔 |
[06:43] | I mean, I don’t know why you’re | 我不明白你为什么摆出一副 |
[06:44] | trying to act like I’ve done something wrong. | 我好像做错什么事的样子 |
[06:46] | What’s going to New York and abandoning your family | 你把家庭抛在脑后飞去纽约 |
[06:48] | to go play Nancy Drew? | 就是为了扮演神探南茜吗 |
[06:49] | Why am I being punished for, for learning the truth? | 为什么我要因为寻找真相而受到惩罚 |
[06:59] | Don’t get pressured into saying more than you need to. | 不要因为压力而多说话 |
[07:01] | All we want is for the judge to see that you’re a responsible, | 我们的目的是让法官看到 |
[07:04] | upstanding future citizen. | 你是一个负责的 正直的未来公民 |
[07:06] | Let me ask a question so that Bebe is-is fully prepared. | 我想问个问题 确保贝比做好了充分准备 |
[07:12] | There won’t be any press at the courtroom, right? | 法庭上到时候没有媒体在场的 对吧 |
[07:15] | – No cameras or– – Exactly. | -没有摄像机或者 -没有的 |
[07:17] | Family court proceedings are closed to the public. | 家庭法院审理过程不对公众开放 |
[07:19] | The only people in the room | 在场的只会有 |
[07:20] | will be at the request of both parties. | 应原告和被告邀请的人 |
[07:22] | You’re the only person on Bebe’s side. | 你是贝比这方的唯一一人 |
[07:24] | She’s the only person I need. | 我也只需要她一个 |
[07:31] | Give this to Mia next time you’re over there. | 下次你去米娅那里的时候把这个给她 |
[07:33] | I haven’t been over there in weeks. | 我已经几个礼拜没去了 |
[07:35] | Give it to your best friend, Pearl. | 那就交给你最好的朋友珀尔吧 |
[07:38] | Okay, forget it. | 好吧 算了 |
[07:40] | Why do you have her shirt? | 你怎么会有她的衣服 |
[07:43] | Why were you sleeping there, anyway? | 你为什么会睡在那里 |
[07:48] | What, are you jealous? | 干嘛 你嫉妒了吗 |
[07:50] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[07:51] | Your girlfriend didn’t dump you for me. | 你女朋友不是因为我而甩了你的 |
[07:55] | Come on, guys. Hot buns. | 走过路过不要错过 热腾腾的面包 |
[07:57] | Support Bebe Chow. | 支持一下周贝比 |
[08:00] | Would you want to go to Arabica after school? | 放学后你想去喝杯咖啡吗 |
[08:03] | Um, I, I would, but I have a MAC meeting later. | 我想去 但我还有一个MAC会要参加 |
[08:07] | – You know, Minority Achievement– – No, I know, I know. | -就是少数族裔成就… -我知道我知道 |
[08:10] | You guys have been meeting a lot lately, huh? | 你们最近经常开会 是吗 |
[08:14] | – Yeah. – Come on, guys. | -是啊 -来看看 各位 |
[08:16] | Hot buns. Support Bebe Chow. | 热腾腾的面包 支持一下周贝比 |
[08:22] | Oh, you can keep the bun. | 面包你留着吧 |
[08:26] | Good idea, though. | 不过这确实是个好主意 |
[08:27] | 你那里还有一些椰菜娃娃吗 我需要几个来完成一个项目 | |
[08:46] | All was calm and all was bright | 一年一度的西克尔广场树灯节 |
[08:49] | at the Shaker Square annual tree lighting, | 一切都是那么安静和明亮 |
[08:51] | but this morning, it’s anything but. | 但是今天早上 完全变了一个样 |
[08:53] | Last night, this city celebrated the birth of a child. | 昨晚 整个城市还在庆祝一个孩子的诞生 |
[08:57] | Today, it considers who raises a child. | 今天 已然变成了抚养权归谁的问题 |
[08:59] | Jesus Christ, Walt. | 我的老天 沃特 |
[09:01] | You know, you can type this shit, but I can’t say it. | 你可以写出这种垃圾话 我是说不出口 |
[09:03] | Shaker residents remain deeply divided | 西克尔居民分成了两派 |
[09:05] | between Ms. Chow and the McCulloughs | 支持周女士或者麦卡洛一家 |
[09:07] | with both sides set to square off in court today. | 这两方今天将出席法庭 |
[09:10] | Who deserves custody? Judge Rheinbeck will decide. | 瑞恩贝克法官将会决定抚养权的归属 |
[09:15] | There are so many cameras. | 有好多摄像机 |
[09:20] | Maybe there’s another way inside. | 可能有其他通道进去 |
[09:23] | Yeah. Yeah, let’s check. | 是的 我们去看看 |
[09:28] | Can you describe your state of mind | 你能说说你当时把小孩 |
[09:30] | leading up to the firehouse? | 留在消防站门口的想法吗 |
[09:34] | May Ling cry non-stop all day. | 美玲每天一直在哭 |
[09:37] | And I just hold her, I don’t know what I can do, and… | 我只能抱着她 我也不知道该怎么办 |
[09:42] | I just hold her and crying, too. | 我只是抱着她 自己也跟着哭 |
[09:45] | It was like that for weeks. She won’t nurse. | 这种情况持续了几个星期 她不肯喝奶 |
[09:48] | She have to eat or die. | 她必须得进食不然就会死 |
[09:50] | Do you know this term post-partum depression? | 你听说过产后抑郁这种情况吗 |
[09:54] | No. | 没有 |
[09:55] | Do you remember the policeman | 你记不记得 |
[09:57] | who found you unconscious on the sidewalk that night? | 那晚在人行道上发现你昏迷的警察吗 |
[10:00] | No. | 不记得 |
[10:01] | What about the doctors | 那些在医院里 |
[10:03] | who testified to treating you in the hospital for a week? | 替你治疗了一周的医生呢 |
[10:06] | No. | 不记得 |
[10:08] | What is the first thing you do remember after the fire station? | 离开消防站后你记得的第一件事是什么 |
[10:13] | May Ling. I woke up. | 是美玲 我醒了 |
[10:15] | I ask– I ask, “Where is May Ling?” | 我问 美玲在哪 |
[10:17] | They told me May Ling was gone. | 他们和我说美玲不见了 |
[10:20] | I don’t believe them. I beg them, “Please find her. | 我不相信他们 我求他们帮我找她 |
[10:24] | Please help me to find her.” But… | 求求帮我找到她 但是… |
[10:27] | they said nothing they can do. | 他们说他们无能为力 |
[10:29] | They told me I gave up my rights | 他们说在我把她丢在那里的时候 |
[10:32] | when I leave her there. | 我就放弃了自己的权利 |
[10:34] | So I decided to-to look for her myself. | 所以我决定自己去找她 |
[10:39] | I looked. I look and look. | 我找了 到处找 |
[10:43] | Then I find her. | 然后我找到她了 |
[10:50] | And now I’m here. | 所以现在在这里 |
[10:52] | And how would you describe yourself today, Ms. Chow? | 你今天会如何描述自己 周女士 |
[10:56] | Stronger, better. | 更坚强 更好 |
[10:58] | I have good job, warm home. | 我有一份好工作 一个温暖的家 |
[11:02] | I have a good, good friend. | 有一位非常要好的朋友 |
[11:06] | And now, all I need is May Ling. | 现在我只需要美玲 |
[11:09] | I have everything except May Ling. | 除了美玲 我拥有一切 |
[11:13] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[11:22] | Ms. Chow, | 周女士 |
[11:23] | you earn $2.35 an hour plus tips. Is that correct? | 你的时薪是2.35美元加上小费 是吗 |
[11:27] | – Yes. – And before the birth, | -是的 -在生下孩子之前 |
[11:29] | you were also working as a waitress, | 你还做过服务员 |
[11:31] | but at the Royal Garden in Cleveland. Is that correct? | 但是在克利夫兰的皇家花园 是吗 |
[11:34] | – Yes. – And how much were you earning there? | -是的 -你在那里的工资是多少 |
[11:36] | The same. | 一样的工资 |
[11:38] | The same as when you abandoned your daughter | 和你抛弃你女儿时一样的工资 |
[11:40] | because you couldn’t afford to take care of her. | 因为你养不起她 |
[11:41] | Objection, Your Honor. Speculation. | 反对 法官阁下 纯属猜测 |
[11:43] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[11:45] | Ms. Chow, do you recognize this photo? | 周女士 你认得出这张照片吗 |
[11:53] | No. | 认不出 |
[11:54] | This is Mirabelle’s frostbitten hand. | 这是蜜拉贝尔冻伤的手 |
[12:03] | Do you know how long she was left out in the cold by you? | 你知道你把她留在冰天雪地里多久吗 |
[12:06] | I, I knocked at the door. I just let them know she’s outside. | 我敲了门 我让他们知道她在外面 |
[12:11] | And did you wait to make sure that that knock was answered? | 你有否等着确认有人来应门呢 |
[12:15] | I, I was afraid. | 我害怕 |
[12:17] | I just so afraid they’ll find me and send me back to China | 我很怕他们会找到我 把我送回中国 |
[12:21] | and they’ll never, never let me see my daughter again. | 他们绝对不会再让我见我女儿的 |
[12:27] | So which is it, Ms. Chow? | 所以是怎样 周女士 |
[12:28] | Did you consciously abandon your daughter in order to seek help | 你是为了寻求帮助有意抛弃你的女儿 |
[12:32] | or did you suffer from a post-partum break | 还是你患上产后抑郁症 |
[12:33] | and have no idea of the consequences of your actions? | 完全不知道自己行为会有怎样的后果 |
[12:36] | Because it can’t be both. | 因为只有一种情况能成立 |
[13:03] | You know, for so long, | 这么久以来 |
[13:04] | I couldn’t figure out why you were doing this. | 我不明白你为什么这么做 |
[13:08] | Why you were helping that poor woman ruin my best friend’s life. | 你为什么帮那个可怜女人毁掉我好朋友的生活 |
[13:12] | – But now I get it. – What do you get, Elena? | -但现在我懂了 -你懂了什么 埃琳娜 |
[13:17] | By helping her, it makes what you did okay. | 帮助她就让你所做的事变得心安理得 |
[13:21] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[13:26] | What you did to the Ryans. | 你对瑞安家做的事 |
[13:31] | What? | 什么 |
[13:36] | I know about them. | 我知道他们的事了 |
[13:38] | And I know why you live the life that you do. | 我知道你为什么过着这样的生活 |
[13:44] | I met your parents, actually. | 其实我已经见过你爸妈了 |
[13:46] | They’re really lovely people. | 他们人很好 |
[13:49] | I’m sorry to hear about your brother. | 很遗憾听到你弟弟的事 |
[13:51] | That must have been hard for your mother | 同时失去你们俩 |
[13:52] | to lose both of you at the same time. | 对你母亲而言 一定很不好受 |
[13:56] | You know, I’m just making a leap here, | 我现在大胆猜测一下 |
[13:57] | but I’m assuming that Pearl doesn’t know any of this. | 但我假定珀尔对此一无所知 |
[14:00] | That this has just been your secret for all these years. | 这只是你多年以来的秘密 |
[14:08] | I find it sort of curious | 我其实有点好奇 |
[14:10] | that you’re a character witness for Bebe. | 你现在是贝比的人证 |
[14:13] | – And that you’re testifying tomorrow. – I am. | -然后你明天要去作证 -是的 |
[14:19] | I just think about Pearl. | 我只是在为珀尔考虑 |
[14:21] | After all she’s been through. | 她在经历过那些事之后 |
[14:24] | Learning about her past, her father. | 从法院程序里了解到 |
[14:28] | What you did. | 她的过去 她的父亲 |
[14:30] | All in a court proceeding? | 还有你的所作所为 |
[14:33] | Are you threatening me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[14:35] | It’s actually more of a question. | 这其实更像是一个问题 |
[14:38] | Is fighting for someone else’s child worth losing your own? | 值得为别人的孩子失去自己的孩子吗 |
[15:11] | How about you come over later on tonight, | 今晚晚些时候你过来 |
[15:14] | and you know, we could, I don’t know, study some anatomy? | 我们研习一下解剖学怎么样 |
[15:19] | I’m still…you know. | 可我还 你知道的 |
[15:21] | Is it just me, or has it been that time of month | 是只有我这么觉得吗 还是你的月经 |
[15:23] | for, like, a month now? | 已经持续了一个月了 |
[15:28] | Trip bailed on me. You going home? | 崔普放了我鸽子 你回家吗 |
[15:29] | You are like a nerdy carjacker. | 你像个死读书的劫车贼 |
[15:30] | It’s all good. I’m out anyway. | 没关系 反正我要走了 |
[15:33] | I told Grimace I’d take him to Tower. | 我和鬼脸说了要带他去塔那边 |
[15:34] | Wait, don’t you have that black group thing today with Pearl? | 等等 你今天不是和珀尔有那个黑人团体的活动吗 |
[15:38] | No, we ended that, like, a month ago. | 没有 我们一个月前就结束了 |
[15:42] | But that sad white boy thing is still on for your room tonight. | 可今晚你还会在你房间里一个人伤心 |
[15:45] | I’ll see you later. | 过会见 |
[15:49] | – But why would she say that? – I don’t know and I don’t care. | -可她为什么会那么说 -我不知道也不在乎 |
[15:52] | I mean, it’s just weird. | 这就很奇怪 |
[15:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:01] | – You got in! – I got in. | -你被录取了 -我被录取了 |
[16:04] | – You got in! – Oh, my God. | -你被录取了 -我的天 |
[16:05] | Oh, you got in. | 你被录取了 |
[16:12] | Can’t believe it’s almost Christmas. | 难以置信就快到圣诞节了 |
[16:15] | I bet your house looks all pretty, lit and decorated. | 我敢打赌你家看起来特别美 有灯和装饰 |
[16:17] | My mom goes absolutely crazy with it. | 我妈对此可疯狂了 |
[16:20] | You know, she hires a whole team of professionals. | 她会雇一整个团队的专业人士 |
[16:25] | Come by. You’ll see. | 来串门吧 你就会看到了 |
[16:26] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[16:28] | Between Moody and our moms, it’s just way too much. | 在穆迪和我们妈妈之间的事太多了 |
[16:32] | Maybe they’ll chill out after the trial, you know? | 或许她们在诉讼结束之后会缓和一些呢 |
[16:36] | Not that my mom’s ever chill about anything, but… | 虽然我妈对什么事都斤斤计较 可是 |
[16:39] | – Neither is mine. – That makes sense, though. | -我妈也是 -但这说得通 |
[16:41] | I mean, she’s…she’s invested a lot. | 她 她投入了很多 |
[16:45] | – So… – What? | -所以 -什么 |
[16:47] | Your mom, she, she paid for Bebe’s lawyer, right? | 你妈 她 她替贝比付了律师的钱 是吧 |
[16:50] | That’s, that’s what my mom said. | 我妈是这么说的 |
[16:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:56] | What else did she say? | 她还说什么了 |
[17:00] | She said that your mom’s got, like, half a million in the bank. | 她说你妈妈有50万存款 |
[17:04] | Right, because what, | 是啊 你猜怎么着 |
[17:04] | we just get our furniture off the street for fun. | 我们从街上捡家具只是为了好玩罢了 |
[17:08] | – That’s true. – That’s ridiculous. | -这是真的 -这真荒谬 |
[17:09] | No, you’re right, you’re right, you’re right. | 嗯 你是对的 你是对的 你是对的 |
[17:13] | Oh, wow, it is really cold in here. I… | 这里可真冷 我 |
[17:17] | It’s warmer over here. | 这边更暖和一些 |
[17:22] | I got you this present. | 我给你买了个礼物 |
[17:24] | I saw it a month ago, and I just, I had an instinct. | 我一个月前看到了它 然后我就有种预感 |
[17:28] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[17:30] | – Hey, bud. – Sorry. | -你好啊 兄弟 -抱歉 |
[17:33] | Where have you been? We’re celebrating. | 你去哪了 我们在庆祝呢 |
[17:35] | – I’m sorry. – Can you get your daughter down here | -抱歉 -能不能把你女儿叫下来 |
[17:37] | because this is a big family moment. | 这可是我们家的重要时刻 |
[17:38] | Just leave her alone for a while. | 让她自己待一会吧 |
[17:39] | Oh, wow. Yeah, that’s, that’s tartan. | 这是 这是花格 |
[17:42] | Isn’t it perfect? And this way, | 是不是很完美 这样的话 |
[17:44] | you can wear it in the Christmas photo. | 你可以在拍圣诞照片时穿 |
[17:46] | I thought we already did those. | 我们不是已经拍过了吗 |
[17:47] | Yes, we did, but they were terrible. | 是的 我们拍过了 但太难看了 |
[17:49] | So George is just going to pop by after dinner and take it again. | 所以晚饭后乔治会过来再拍一次 |
[17:51] | Tonight? I’m in the middle of a trial, hon. | 今晚 我的案子正在审讯中呢 亲爱的 |
[17:53] | – I’m not wearing that tartan tie again. – Yes, you are. | -我不会戴那条花格领带了 -你必须戴 |
[17:56] | It’s the tartan that makes the photo. | 花格是照片中最重要的元素 |
[17:58] | Isabelle? | 伊莎贝尔 |
[18:01] | Isabelle? | 伊莎贝尔 |
[18:16] | I’d like to make a toast. | 我想敬杯酒 |
[18:19] | To Alexandra. We are all so proud of you. | 敬亚历山德拉 我们都为你骄傲 |
[18:24] | All the SAT tutors, the AP classes, the-the summer at Wellesley. | 所有的SAT私教课 AP课程 威尔斯利的暑期课程 |
[18:30] | You really worked your tail off for this. | 你为此真的是全力以赴了 |
[18:33] | And no one handed it to you, | 成功不是简简单单来的 |
[18:35] | and you didn’t fill some quota to get it. You earned it. | 你也没有通过什么配额来得到 你是凭自己努力赢得的 |
[18:40] | And I know you can’t always put this in an essay, | 我知道你不能总把这个写进文章里 |
[18:43] | but I think hard work and sacrifice is… | 但我认为努力和牺牲… |
[18:46] | is a hardship as well. | 也是很艰难的 |
[18:48] | One that you can feel very proud of. | 你可以为此感到非常自豪 |
[18:52] | Congratulations. | 祝贺你 |
[18:54] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:55] | – Cheers. – Congratulations. | -干杯 -恭喜 |
[19:17] | – I can’t take the stand. – What? | -我不能为你作证 -什么 |
[19:21] | – I don’t understand. – I can’t testify, Bebe. | -我不明白 -我不能作证 贝比 |
[19:23] | I’m sorry, I, um… I know that I said I would. | 对不起 我… 我知道我说过我会的 |
[19:29] | – But it’s complicated. – Complicated? | -但情况很复杂 -复杂 |
[19:32] | – What do you say? – Listen to me. Listen. | -你什么意思 -听我说 |
[19:34] | I lied when I was pregnant. | 我怀孕的时候撒谎了 |
[19:38] | I wrote a letter to Pearl’s father | 我给珀尔的父亲写了封信 |
[19:41] | and I told him that I lost the baby. | 我告诉他我失去了孩子 |
[19:44] | And then, I took her and I ran. | 然后 我带着她逃跑了 |
[19:48] | – Why? – Because she’s mine. | -为什么 -因为她是我的 |
[19:51] | Not his, okay? Like, like May Ling is yours. | 不是他的 好吗 就像美玲是你的 |
[19:55] | – So that’s why you’re helping me, right? – Yeah. | -这就是你帮我的原因 是吗 -是啊 |
[19:58] | – So just help me now. – I can’t. | -那就继续帮我 -我不能 |
[20:01] | – Why not? – Because Elena knows. | -为什么不能呢 -因为埃琳娜知道了 |
[20:04] | She found out. | 她发现了 |
[20:06] | And if this comes out, I could lose Pearl. | 如果这件事被暴露 我可能会失去珀尔 |
[20:11] | You really think someone can take Pearl now? | 你真的认为现在有人可以带走珀尔吗 |
[20:14] | What-what did the lawyer say? | 律师怎么说 |
[20:16] | I haven’t talked to anyone. | 我还没和任何人说过 |
[20:18] | What did– what did Pearl say? | 珀尔怎么说 |
[20:22] | – Pearl doesn’t know. – So you just tell her. | -珀尔还不知道 -那你就告诉她 |
[20:25] | – I don’t want to lose her. – You won’t lose her. | -我不想失去她 -你不会失去她的 |
[20:30] | But if you can’t help me, | 但如果你不帮我 |
[20:32] | I’ll lose my daughter. | 我会失去我的女儿 |
[20:39] | Honey, you stand there. | 亲爱的 你站在这里 |
[20:41] | All right, was it that hard? You look amazing. | 有那么难吗 你看起来棒极了 |
[20:44] | Except you don’t have the tartan Keds on. | 但你没穿Keds格子鞋 |
[20:46] | – Yeah, no, I am not wearing those again. – Don’t be silly. | -是的 我不会再穿了 -别傻了 |
[20:49] | – They’re adorable. – I said no. They’re not me. | -它们很可爱 -我说不 不是我的风格 |
[20:53] | They don’t have to be you. | 它们不一定非是你的风格 |
[20:54] | We can return them tomorrow after we take the picture. | 我们可以拍完照片明天再退掉 |
[20:56] | Elena, hon, I don’t really have time for this today. | 埃琳娜 亲爱的 我今天没时间做这个 |
[20:58] | Bill, honestly, can we just not? Just this once? | 比尔 求你了 我们能不能别这样 就这一次 |
[21:02] | Isabelle, go upstairs and put on the Keds. | 伊莎贝尔 上楼去把Keds鞋穿上 |
[21:05] | I told you I’m not wearing the Keds, Elena. | 我告诉过你我不穿Keds鞋 埃琳娜 |
[21:07] | I am your mother. You don’t speak to me like that. | 我是你母亲 你不能这样跟我说话 |
[21:10] | Really? ‘Cause you call me something I hate every single day. | 真的吗 你每天都叫我讨厌的名字 |
[21:13] | Why can’t you just call me “Izzy” Like everyone else? | 你为什么不能像其他人一样叫我 “伊奇” |
[21:15] | – Because it’s not your name. – Lexie, Moody, Trip. | -因为那不是你的名字 -莱克西 穆迪 崔普 |
[21:19] | – Everyone else gets a nickname. – You’re not everyone else. | -其他人都有昵称 -你不是其他人 |
[21:24] | – You know, I can just frame her shoes– – Just a moment. | -我可以不拍到她的鞋子 -等等 |
[21:28] | This is not about you. This is about us. | 这不是你一个人的事 是我们大家的事 |
[21:32] | And if you want to be part of this family, and live in this house | 如果你想做这个家的一员 想住在这房子里 |
[21:36] | then you will go upstairs and put on the fucking Keds! | 你他妈就上楼去把Keds穿上 |
[21:52] | We’re just gonna need a minute. | 麻烦你稍等一下 |
[22:06] | Is now an okay time to talk? | 现在方便谈谈吗 |
[22:09] | – Sure. – Okay. | -当然 -好 |
[22:23] | I want to let you know that… | 我想告诉你 |
[22:27] | I’ll be testifying for Bebe tomorrow. | 我明天会为贝比作证 |
[22:32] | And it’s possible that some things might come out in court. | 有些事可能会在法庭上公布出来 |
[22:38] | You mean, that we’re, like, millionaires or something? | 你是说像我们是百万富翁这样的事吗 |
[22:41] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[22:43] | Trip said that Elena thinks you have some secret stash of money | 崔普说 埃琳娜觉得你偷偷存了一笔钱 |
[22:47] | that you’re using to pay for Bebe’s legal fees. | 你拿出来为贝比支付法律费用了 |
[22:57] | I am paying for Bebe’s legal fees. | 我是承担了贝比的法律费用 |
[23:02] | I recently sold an old photo | 我最近卖了一幅旧照片 |
[23:05] | for a large sum of money. | 赚了一大笔钱 |
[23:08] | – Half a million dollars? – Not quite. | -50万美元吗 -没那么多 |
[23:11] | But the photo was a gift from an old friend. | 但这幅照片是一位老朋友的礼物 |
[23:16] | For me to sell if I ever needed the money. | 让我在需要钱时可以卖掉的 |
[23:19] | We’ve always needed the money. | 我们一直都需要钱 |
[23:20] | Pearl, please let me talk | 珀尔 请你听我说 |
[23:21] | because there’s a lot that I need to tell you. | 因为我有很多事需要告诉你 |
[23:22] | No, no, no, no, no, no. We sleep on floors. | 不 不 不 我们在地板上睡觉 |
[23:26] | You made it seem like we had to live this way. | 你让我以为这种生活是迫不得已 |
[23:28] | Like there was no other choice. | 就好像我们别无选择 |
[23:29] | Has this life not be fancy enough for you, Pearl? | 这种生活对你来说不够奢华吗 珀尔 |
[23:33] | Do you think that | 你是不是以为 |
[23:34] | I’d be some spoiled brat if I had my own room? | 我有了自己的房间 就会被宠出公主病 |
[23:36] | – No. – My own bed? | -不是 -自己的床呢 |
[23:37] | No. We have always had enough. | 不是 我们拥有的已经足够了 |
[23:39] | What? What have I had? | 什么 我拥有什么 |
[23:41] | A hundred beds? | 一百张床吗 |
[23:43] | Just stop, just stop fucking talking about the walls– | 够了 别他妈再说什么墙 |
[23:45] | – Watch it. – And the bikes and the beds. | -注意言辞 -什么自行车和床了 |
[23:47] | You haven’t been honest with me about anything! | 你什么事都不对我坦白 |
[23:51] | And I had to hear from Trip that you sold something | 你为了她 卖掉本该是我们的东西 |
[23:54] | that was supposed to be for us, for her. | 我还要听崔普说才知道 |
[23:56] | No, it is for you. There is a fund set aside for you. | 不 是给你的 我专门留了一笔钱给你 |
[23:58] | – Get out. – No, Pearl, Pearl, no. | -出去 -不 珀尔 珀尔 不 |
[24:01] | – This is my room and I don’t want you– – Stop it. | -这是我的房间 我不想要你 -别这样 |
[24:02] | – Get out. Get out! – Just sit down and listen– | -出去 出去 -坐下来听我说 |
[24:05] | – Get out of my room now! – Okay, okay, okay, okay. | -马上从我房间里出去 -好吧 好吧 |
[24:23] | Oh, that outburst. She is just out of control. | 那火气 她真是太失控了 |
[24:27] | But George thinks he has something salvageable, so that’s good. | 但乔治觉得他还能补救 所以还好 |
[24:33] | I’m sorry, honey. I know you’re prepping. | 对不起 亲爱的 我知道你在做准备 |
[24:35] | Is it Linda that’s testifying tomorrow? | 明天是琳达出庭作证吗 |
[24:38] | Mm-mm, Ed still has another witness. | 嗯 艾德还找了别的证人 |
[24:40] | Well, who is there even left to call? | 他还能打电话给谁呢 |
[24:45] | No. | 不会吧 |
[24:46] | Well, she was always on the list. | 她一直都在名单上 |
[24:49] | I’m just surprised she’s still testifying. | 我只是很惊讶她还要作证 |
[24:52] | Why wouldn’t she be? | 为什么不呢 |
[24:54] | Well, I ran into her, and we had a little chat. | 我遇到她了 还跟她谈了谈 |
[24:59] | I told her what I knew and we came to an understanding. | 我告诉她我知道的事 我们达成了共识 |
[25:03] | – You threatened her. – No. | -你威胁她了 -没有 |
[25:05] | – No, I did not threaten her. – Now, | -没有 我没有威胁她 -现在 |
[25:07] | I have not only lost the element of surprise, | 我不仅失去了出其不意的机会 |
[25:10] | I could also be accused of witness tampering. | 还可能被指控干预证人 |
[25:13] | – Jesus Christ. – I was trying to help. | -我的天哪 -我只是想帮忙 |
[25:15] | You are not helping. | 你没有帮上忙 |
[25:20] | – Where are you going? – I’m going to the office. | -你去哪里 -我去办公室 |
[25:21] | I have to work. | 我有工作要做 |
[25:25] | What do you even need these for? | 这些东西你拿来有什么用 |
[25:27] | Uh, art project. | 用来艺术创作 |
[25:29] | Kinda in response to the whole fucked up trial. | 这算是对这个操蛋审判的回应 |
[25:40] | What did I really do? | 我到底做了什么 |
[25:44] | To deserve all of this? | 要活该受到这样的对待 |
[25:48] | I mean, we were friends. | 我们曾是朋友 |
[25:53] | We were… | 我们曾经 |
[25:58] | We were more than friends. | 我们曾经比朋友还亲密 |
[26:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:05] | I am. | 真的 |
[26:07] | I, like, freaked out in that closet. | 我当时在壁橱里吓坏了 |
[26:12] | And I don’t know how to take it back. | 我不知道该怎么收回 |
[26:15] | Stop trying to be someone you’re not. | 不要再假装成另一个人了 |
[26:25] | I want to stop trying to be someone I’m not. | 我也想坚持保持自我 |
[26:36] | I just miss you. | 我很想你 |
[26:40] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你 |
[26:49] | Is this the one that you drew armpit hair on? | 这就是你画上了腋毛的那个娃娃吗 |
[26:54] | – And other things. – Oh, my God, Izzy. | -还画了其他的 -我的天啊 伊奇 |
[26:59] | Are you still working? | 你还在工作吗 |
[27:03] | I finished a little while ago. I’m just paying some bills. | 我刚才结束了 现在在付一些账单 |
[27:07] | Bill, I’m so sorry. | 比尔 对不起 |
[27:10] | You were right, | 你是对的 |
[27:10] | I-I should have never had that conversation with Mia. | 我不应该跟米娅说那些的 |
[27:16] | You understand that this is about more than Mia, right? | 你明白这不只是跟米娅有关吧 |
[27:18] | I know. I know that I have not | 我知道 最近 |
[27:21] | acted like myself lately, and-and I want you to know that | 我的行为有些失常 但我希望你知道 |
[27:24] | I have always had the right intentions. | 我做的一切都是出于好意 |
[27:27] | I was just trying to help people. | 我是想帮助大家 |
[27:29] | Help this woman and her daughter | 帮助这个女人和她的女儿 |
[27:31] | because they seemed like they needed it, and then, now, | 因为她们似乎需要帮助 但是现在 |
[27:34] | Linda is blaming me and you are very clearly angry at me. | 琳达在怪我 而很显然 你也在生我的气 |
[27:38] | Do you understand why I’m angry? | 你明白我为什么生气吗 |
[27:40] | I didn’t cause this, though. | 但这一切不是我造成的 |
[27:42] | I don’t know why people don’t blame Mia. | 我不知道为什么大家不怪米娅 |
[27:44] | She’s the bad guy here. Not me. | 她才是坏人 不是我 |
[27:46] | And-and until people know the truth about what she did, | 在大家知道她做了什么的真相之前 |
[27:50] | they do blame me. | 她们的确在怪我 |
[27:52] | She has to be held accountable for what she did. | 她必须得为她的作为负责 |
[27:55] | And if she is, then-then they won’t win. | 而如果是这样 那他们就赢不了 |
[27:58] | Because, Bebe can’t win this case, Bill. She can’t. | 贝比不能赢这场官司 比尔 她不能 |
[28:01] | That means Linda will lose this baby, and I, | 那意味着琳达会失去这个孩子 而我 |
[28:04] | I don’t know what I will do | 我不知道我会怎么做 |
[28:05] | if I caused my best friend to lose her baby. | 如果我让我最好的朋友失去了她的孩子 |
[28:08] | Linda is not going to lose her baby. | 琳达不会失去她的孩子 |
[28:12] | Why-why do you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[28:14] | Because people like Bebe Chow don’t win. | 因为周贝比这样的人永远不会赢 |
[28:20] | Trust me, nobody wants the truth to come out more than I do. | 相信我 没有人比我更想让真相大白于天下 |
[28:27] | Everybody’s gonna be held accountable for their actions. | 任何人都得为自己的所作所为负责 |
[28:31] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[28:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:38] | Thank you, Bill. | 谢谢你 比尔 |
[28:42] | I have a couple more things to do. | 我还有一些事要做 |
[28:44] | – Why don’t you head to bed? I’ll be there soon. – Okay. | -不如你先去睡觉吧 我很快就来 -好 |
[29:10] | Uh, yes, could I get a listing for Le Rossignol Bistro, please? | 你好 请给我一份夜莺酒馆的信息 |
[29:58] | 出售宝宝 白人(十万) 亚洲人(一万 麦卡洛) 黑人(免费) | |
[30:12] | Yo, Dean Cain ain’t even Asian. | 迪恩·凯恩甚至不是亚洲人 |
[30:14] | Tyson Beckford is blasian. | 泰森·贝克福德是亚洲黑人 |
[30:15] | He should have his own baby tin. | 他应该被单独列出来 |
[30:17] | I don’t get it. Where are the Spanish babies? | 我不明白 西班牙娃娃在哪 |
[30:19] | Don’t you realize how racist this shit is? | 你难道不知道这些东西很有种族歧视意味吗 |
[30:22] | Yeah, that’s the point. | 我知道 就是要这样 |
[30:24] | – Wow. I’m out. – That’s the point? | -我出去了 -就是要这样 |
[30:26] | Huh, she must have kept all those lesbo babies for herself. | 她一定得把那些蕾丝边娃娃都自己留着了 |
[30:31] | And who still has Cabbage Patch dolls in high school? | 谁上高中了还留着椰菜娃娃啊 |
[30:35] | Okay, okay. Show’s over, people. | 好了 表演结束了 各位 |
[30:38] | Show’s over. | 表演结束 |
[30:42] | And you. | 还有你 |
[31:06] | You’re a single working mother like Ms. Chow, correct? | 和周女士一样 你也是个单身的工作母亲 对吗 |
[31:09] | You work the same job with roughly the same income. | 你和她的工作一样 收入也大致相同 |
[31:13] | Well, she works more hours than I do and she gets bigger tips. | 她上班时间比我长 拿的小费也比我多 |
[31:18] | But yes. | 不过是这样 |
[31:20] | As a single mother, do you struggle? | 作为一名单身母亲 你的生活艰难吗 |
[31:25] | All mothers struggle. | 所有母亲都很艰难 |
[31:27] | Money hides it. | 只不过钱能掩盖这种艰难 |
[31:29] | So you can buy a nanny or a tutor. | 你可以花钱雇保姆 家庭教师 |
[31:34] | Vacations. | 去度假 |
[31:36] | But you can’t put a price on a mother’s love for her child, | 但你没法用钱衡量一个母亲对她孩子的爱 |
[31:40] | even though some might try. | 尽管有些人试图这样做 |
[31:46] | Did the McCulloughs offer a price to Bebe for May Ling? | 麦卡洛夫妇是否曾向贝比开价购买美玲 |
[31:49] | $10,000 to make this case go away. | 他们想用一万美元打发我们不起诉 |
[31:52] | So we know the exact amount that they think Bebe’s baby is worth. | 在他们眼里 贝比的孩子就值这么多钱 |
[31:57] | What would you say to those | 对于那些形容贝比的行为 |
[31:59] | who describe Bebe’s actions as unfit? | 为不称职的人 你有什么话想说吗 |
[32:02] | No mother would want to be judged by the choice she made | 没有任何一个母亲愿意因为自己在 |
[32:07] | in her hardest, most desperate moment. | 最艰难 最绝望时做出的选择而被人评判 |
[32:12] | I would say that Bebe… | 我认为贝比 |
[32:17] | left May Ling to save May Ling’s life. | 是为了救美玲才抛弃她的 |
[32:22] | It was a selfless act. | 这是个无私的行为 |
[32:25] | And that makes her a good mother. | 正因如此 她才是个好母亲 |
[32:29] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有更多问题了 法官大人 |
[32:45] | Ms. Warren, how long have you known Ms. Chow? | 沃伦女士 你认识周女士多久了 |
[32:48] | About three months. As long as I’ve known you. | 大约三个月 和我认识你的时间一样 |
[32:53] | And in that timeframe, | 在这段时间里 |
[32:55] | how many times have you seen Ms. Chow with Mirabelle? | 你有多少次见到周女士和蜜拉贝尔在一起 |
[33:00] | – Once. – Once. | -一次 -一次 |
[33:02] | – Yes. – So your entire opinion | -是的 -所以你对于 |
[33:05] | of Ms. Chow’s fitness as a mother | 周女士是称职的母亲的评价 |
[33:07] | is based on a one-time observation– | 完全是从这一次的观察中得出的 |
[33:09] | The state won’t allow | 州政府不允许 |
[33:10] | Bebe to see her daughter for longer than that. | 贝比多见她女儿 |
[33:13] | You testified that you were a single mother, | 你的证言中说到你和周贝比一样 |
[33:14] | just like Bebe Chow. | 是一个单身母亲 |
[33:17] | And that you have | 而且你和她 |
[33:18] | roughly the same hours, roughly the same pay. | 上班时长和收入都大致相同 |
[33:21] | – Yes. – So you make | -对 -那么你一年的收入 |
[33:24] | $20,000 a year. Somewhere in there. | 大约为2万美元 |
[33:30] | And yet you’re paying Ms. Chow’s legal fees. | 而你却能为周女士支付诉讼费 |
[33:33] | – I lent her money. – How much? | -我只是借钱给她 -多少钱 |
[33:36] | However much a lawyer costs. | 律师费用有多少 我就借多少 |
[33:40] | But you just said that you and Ms. Chow had similar salaries. | 但你刚才说过你和周女士的薪水相同 |
[33:43] | So how can it be that you can | 那么为什么你能够 |
[33:44] | afford to pay the lawyer’s fees but she can’t? | 付得起律师费 而周女士不能呢 |
[33:47] | Unless you have significantly more money than you implied. | 除非你的存款比你所说的要多得多 |
[33:50] | – I have other sources of income. – Another source of income. | -我有其它收入来源 -其它收入来源 |
[33:54] | So your experience is not really comparable | 所以你的处境和 |
[33:56] | to that of Ms. Chow’s at all, is it? | 周女士完全没有可比性 对吗 |
[33:59] | Unless it’s comparable in some other way. | 除非是在其他方面有可比性 |
[34:09] | Why would you spend your money | 你为什么要用你的钱 |
[34:12] | and fight so hard for someone that you hardly know? | 为一个你并不熟的人力争到底 |
[34:17] | Because I know what it feels like | 因为我知道 |
[34:19] | for a child come from my body. | 孩子从我的身体里出生是什么感受 |
[34:22] | To be made of what I am made of. | 孩子和我同根而生 |
[34:26] | To be so much a part of you that you cannot fathom | 是我生命中巨大的一部分 这部分大到 |
[34:30] | – them not being a part of you. – But you do not truly | -你无法忽视 -可你并不是 |
[34:33] | know Ms. Chow, do you? | 真的认识周女士 对吗 |
[34:34] | You cannot speak to her fitness as a mother. | 你无法证明她作为母亲是否称职 |
[34:37] | You haven’t even known her for any significant amount of time. | 你认识她的时间完全不长 |
[34:39] | So I ask you again. | 所以我再问你一次 |
[34:41] | Why are you fighting so hard for someone that you hardly know? | 你为什么要为一个你不熟的人力争到底 |
[34:45] | Because while I am here as a character witness for Bebe, | 因为尽管我是贝比的人证 |
[34:48] | the one I am fighting for is May Ling. | 我真正想要帮助的人是美玲 |
[34:53] | I’m sorry, Your Honor, | 对不起 法官大人 |
[34:54] | but this is not about pitting two mothers against each other. | 但这并不是要让两个母亲互相竞争 |
[34:56] | Because they can both be great mothers, | 因为她们都是很优秀的母亲 |
[34:58] | but there is only one person here who is May Ling’s mother | 但是美玲的母亲只有一个 |
[35:01] | and that is Bebe Chow. | 那就是周贝比 |
[35:15] | I think I’ll defer to the court’s ruling on that, not yours. | 我会听从法院的判决 而不是你的想法 |
[35:20] | I have no further questions for this witness, Your Honor. | 我没有问题要问这名证人了 法官大人 |
[35:25] | What? | 什么 |
[35:27] | Are you out of your mind? What are you doing? | 你疯了吗 你在干什么 |
[35:28] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[35:50] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[35:54] | Are you, are you okay? | 你…你没事吧 |
[35:56] | You’ve barely said two words all day. | 你今天都没怎么说话 |
[35:59] | Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just tired. | 我没事 我只是累了 |
[36:02] | – Couldn’t sleep. – You know what I do when I can’t sleep? | -睡不着 -你知道我睡不着的时候怎么办吗 |
[36:05] | Roll my eyes. Releases melatonin, nature’s NyQuil. | 转动眼珠 释放褪黑素 这是大自然的安眠药 |
[36:09] | So how was that MAC meeting yesterday? | 昨天的少数裔会开得怎么样 |
[36:13] | What? | 什么 |
[36:17] | Oh, um, yeah, yeah, it was just boring fundraiser talk. | 对了 只是无聊的筹款聊天 |
[36:23] | I forgot something in my locker, | 我有东西忘在储物柜了 |
[36:25] | so I’m gonna catch up with you guys later, okay? | 我等一下再和你们会和吧 |
[36:28] | Bye. | 再见 |
[36:32] | Yeah, she’s definitely covering something up. | 她绝对有事瞒着我们 |
[36:35] | Probably another guy. | 可能有别的男人了 |
[36:38] | She doesn’t hang out with anyone but my family. | 她根本不会和除我家人以外的人一起 |
[36:41] | What if it’s your dad? Have you seen Poison Ivy? | 如果是你爸爸呢 你看过《毒藤女》吗 |
[36:43] | That shit happens. | 那种情况也是有可能的 |
[36:53] | 赶着去打印了 希望你喜欢 乔治 | |
[37:11] | This is humiliating. What was that stunt even supposed to mean? | 这太丢人了 你那出戏是什么意思 |
[37:16] | It wasn’t a stunt. It was a statement. | 那不是表演 那是声明 |
[37:17] | No one is buying babies, Isabelle. It’s called adoption. | 没有人要买小孩 伊莎贝尔 那叫收养 |
[37:21] | And since when does adopting a baby of another race make you a racist? | 什么时候连收养另一个种族的小孩都算种族歧视了 |
[37:25] | – They’re giving an orphan child a chance. – She’s not an orphan. | -他们给了孤儿新的机会 -她不是孤儿 |
[37:27] | – She has a mother. – They’re giving her a better life. | -她有妈妈 -他们会给她更好的生活 |
[37:34] | What makes it better? | 怎么算更好 |
[37:37] | A bigger house, a fancier car, tartan Keds? | 住更大的房子 有更好的车 花格鞋子吗 |
[37:41] | Do you know what? I can’t handle this. | 你知道吗 我受不了了 |
[37:44] | I cannot keep going around and around with you. | 我没办法再继续跟你绕下去了 |
[37:47] | Because I– sometimes it’s really challenging. | 因为我…有时候真的很难 |
[37:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:53] | It’s hard to be your mom. | 做你妈妈真的很难 |
[38:02] | Then don’t be. | 那就不要做了 |
[38:07] | Isabelle, I… | 伊莎贝尔 我… |
[38:10] | Isabelle! | 伊莎贝尔 |
[38:13] | Look, all I’m saying is that Princeton’s number one, so. | 听着 我只是想说普林斯顿是最好的 所以 |
[38:17] | Right, but the rankings are completely arbitrary. | 没错 但那种排名都很随意 |
[38:19] | – I mean, last year, it was Yale. – Okay. | -去年的第一还是耶鲁 -好吧 |
[38:21] | And then, the fine people at “US News and World Report” | 然后《美国新闻与世界报道》的那些好心人 |
[38:24] | came to their senses and made Princeton number one, baby. | 恢复了理智 重新把普林斯顿排在第一 宝贝 |
[38:27] | No, you are such a dork. | 不 你真是个书呆子 |
[38:29] | We got a bacon double cheeseburger, large fries, | 一个双份培根芝士汉堡 大份薯条 |
[38:32] | and then, a plain cheeseburger, just meat, cheese and bun. | 然后一个只有肉 奶酪和面包的普通芝士汉堡 |
[38:38] | Yeah, no, I ordered without any meat. Just cheese and bun. | 不 我点的是不要肉 只要芝士和面包 |
[38:44] | – That’s not what the ticket says. – Well, that’s what I said. | -点单上可没写 -我可是那么说的 |
[38:47] | So… | 所以… |
[38:51] | Just a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[38:53] | See, that is exactly what happens when they don’t go to college. | 看 他们不上大学就会变成这样 |
[38:58] | “They.” | “他们” |
[39:01] | People. | 人们 |
[39:05] | Black people? | 黑人吗 |
[39:07] | Oh, my God, seriously? | 天啊 你认真的吗 |
[39:09] | I would have said the same thing if she were white. | 如果她是白人 我也会这么说 |
[39:10] | I mean, Jesus Christ, Brian. | 上帝啊 布莱恩 |
[39:12] | I’m ordering a fucking grilled cheese. | 我只是点了一份芝士汉堡 |
[39:14] | What does race have to do with anything? | 什么都能和种族扯上关系吗 |
[39:17] | I don’t know. How about you ask Pearl? | 我不知道 不如你去问问珀尔 |
[39:22] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[39:24] | I wrote a 500-word essay | 我就是写了一篇关于珀尔 |
[39:25] | about Pearl not getting into a math class. | 没能去上数学课的五百字论文 |
[39:27] | I didn’t light a fucking puppy on fire. | 我又他妈没去烧狗 |
[39:30] | If you seriously can’t get over this Pearl thing, | 如果你真对珀尔这事耿耿于怀 |
[39:32] | then just please do me a favor and break up with me already. | 那就请帮个忙 和我分手 |
[39:37] | One burger, no meat. Just cheese and bun. | 一个汉堡 没肉 只有芝士和面包 |
[39:53] | She acts like being poor makes you a better person or something. | 她表现得就像做穷人能让你变得更好之类的 |
[39:56] | – Yeah, I understand. – No. | -对 我懂 -不 |
[39:59] | No, Trip, you don’t understand. | 不 崔普 你不懂 |
[40:04] | When I was 11, we were subletting a room in a house. | 我11岁的时候 我们在别墅里分租一个房间 |
[40:11] | It belonged to this girl. | 那是一个女孩的房子 |
[40:13] | And every day, I used to play with her horse figurines. | 每天 我会去玩她的小马雕像 |
[40:17] | Sometimes, when my mom was asleep, I’d sneak into her closet | 有时候 当我妈妈睡着了 我会溜进她的壁橱 |
[40:21] | and try on all her dresses and shoes. | 试穿她所有的裙子和鞋子 |
[40:28] | And I would pretend that I was her. | 我会假装自己是她 |
[40:33] | I would pretend that, that they were my dresses | 我会假它们是我的裙子 |
[40:37] | and that it was my canopy bed, and that they were my horses. | 是我的四柱床 它们是我的马 |
[40:42] | But then, we had to leave, and there was no more pretending. | 但后来 我们不得不离开 我无法再假装 |
[40:47] | Our life wasn’t mine. | 我们的生活不是我的 |
[40:52] | And I cried all the way to Lafayette. | 去拉菲特的一路上我都在哭 |
[40:56] | And even the three horses that I’d stolen didn’t help | 尽管我偷了三个小马但没有用 |
[40:58] | because I’d stolen from someone who had so much. | 因为这对我偷的那个人来说不值一提 |
[41:03] | I knew that she’d never even notice that they were gone. | 我知道她甚者不会注意到她少了几只马 |
[41:12] | And I know it’s, it’s stupid. | 我知道这 这很蠢 |
[41:15] | I mean, I always had what I needed. | 我是说 我总是有我所需要的东西 |
[41:18] | But I never had what I wanted. | 但我从没有过我想要的东西 |
[41:28] | Why didn’t she just tell me? | 为什么她不直接告诉我 |
[41:31] | I mean, why keep it a secret? | 我是说 为什么要保密 |
[41:36] | I don’t know, Pearl. | 我不知道 珀尔 |
[41:39] | Why do, why do any of us keep secrets? | 为什么 为什么我们要保守秘密 |
[41:42] | We’re scared or we feel bad. | 我们害怕或者我们感到不安 |
[41:47] | Or both. I don’t know. | 或者两者皆有 我不知道 |
[41:51] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[41:55] | I don’t want to be like my mom. | 我不想变得像我妈妈一样 |
[42:01] | We have to tell him. | 我们得告诉他 |
[42:12] | Pearl. | 珀尔 |
[42:18] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[42:30] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[42:40] | I think I hate my mom. | 我觉得我讨厌我妈妈 |
[42:49] | I think I hate your mom, too. | 我也觉得我讨厌你妈妈 |
[43:14] | You were supposed to hold her accountable. | 你应该对她追责 |
[43:21] | I don’t know what changed. | 我不知道什么改变了 |
[43:24] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[43:33] | What? | 怎么了 |
[43:35] | You sure you want to send those? | 你确定你想把那些寄出去吗 |
[43:46] | You’ve got guts, girl. | 你胆子不小啊 姑娘 |
[43:49] | – Selling babies. – I’m glad you liked it. | -卖孩子 -很高兴你喜欢 |
[43:52] | ‘Cause nobody else did. | 因为其他人都不喜欢 |
[43:55] | Well, the blackface was problematic. | 画黑脸很有问题 |
[43:59] | What? | 什么 |
[44:00] | You are a white girl | 你是一个白人女孩 |
[44:03] | dressing white dolls in blackface. | 把白人娃娃打扮成黑人 |
[44:06] | – It-it wasn’t about that. – Okay, what was it about? | -不是那样的 -好吧 那是怎么回事 |
[44:13] | I don’t know, I guess it was about | 我不知道 我猜是 |
[44:15] | how we think of other people as less. | 我们是如何看低别人 |
[44:19] | How we, we don’t value them. | 我们是如何不重视他们 |
[44:22] | How… | 如何 |
[44:24] | people like my mom and the McCulloughs, | 我妈妈和麦卡洛家这样的人 |
[44:27] | and everybody from Shaker, they think they can just | 以及西克尔的所有人 他们觉得他们能 |
[44:30] | buy whatever they want. | 想买什么就买什么 |
[44:32] | But you’re a part of Shaker too, right? | 但你也是西克尔的一份子 不是吗 |
[44:35] | This place made you. | 这个地方塑造了你 |
[44:40] | You’re not an exception because you want to be. | 不是因为你想成为例外你就会变成例外 |
[44:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:49] | I guess nobody liked it. | 我想是确实没人喜欢 |
[44:51] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[44:53] | You don’t get to challenge people | 你不能挑战别人 |
[44:54] | and not let people challenge you back. | 然后不让别人挑战你 |
[45:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[45:05] | It’s like… | 就像… |
[45:08] | between my mom… | 在我妈妈 |
[45:11] | school… | 和学校之间 |
[45:15] | All I see is sky and water to the horizon. And it’s like… | 我只能看到地平线上的天空和水 就… |
[45:24] | how much longer am I gonna have to swim? | 我到底还得游多久 |
[45:31] | That photo in the paper? | 报纸上的那张照片 |
[45:36] | You were right. | 你说得没错 |
[45:39] | It was me. | 那是我 |
[45:45] | The day Pauline took that photo | 波琳拍摄那张照片那天 |
[45:46] | was the last day I saw my little brother alive. | 是我最后一次看到我活着的弟弟 |
[45:50] | I had no idea. | 我不知道 |
[45:51] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[45:55] | But it was also the day | 但同时也在那天 |
[45:59] | that I realized that the person I’d fallen in love with loved me back. | 我意识到我爱上的那人 也爱着我 |
[46:05] | Who was he? | 他是谁 |
[46:10] | She. | 她 |
[46:15] | Pauline. | 波琳 |
[46:24] | Izzy. | 伊奇 |
[46:27] | We all have parts that scare us. | 我们都有让我们害怕的部分 |
[46:30] | Parts that we’re afraid to look at. | 我们不敢去看的部分 |
[46:33] | Parts that we run from because we are just | 我们拼命想逃离的部分 因为我们 |
[46:37] | too scared to look at them. | 太过害怕不敢去看 |
[46:40] | But we can’t not look. | 但我们不能不看 |
[46:43] | And we can’t not say it. | 我们不能不说 |
[46:46] | And if we can’t say it with words, then… | 如果我们无法用言语表达出来 那… |
[46:50] | We’re artists, right? We find another way. | 我们是艺术家 对吗 我们会找到其他的途径 |
[46:54] | And there is always another way. | 总是有其他的途径 |
[47:02] | You won’t swim forever. | 你不会永远游下去 |
[47:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[47:20] | That was Izzy. I got to go out for a sec. | 那是伊奇 我得出去下 |
[47:50] | I just… | 我 |
[47:52] | I-I don’t know what else to say. | 我不知道还能说什么 |
[47:56] | Besides that you want to break up with me. | 除了你想跟我分手 |
[47:57] | It’s not that I want to break up. | 并不是我想分手 |
[48:00] | You said that you love me. | 你说你爱我 |
[48:01] | I mean, I lost my fucking virginity to you. | 我把我的第一夜给了你 |
[48:02] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[48:04] | But you have no idea how hard it’s been for me recently. | 但你根本不知道最近这段时间对我来说有多难 |
[48:07] | How come every time, no matter what shit goes down, | 为什么每次 不管有什么事发生 |
[48:12] | it always seems to be about you? | 似乎主角总是你 |
[48:18] | You know you’re not the only one | 你知道你不是唯一一个 |
[48:19] | – that’s had it hard. – I’m not saying that, Brian. | -处境艰难的人 -我没那个意思 布莱恩 |
[48:22] | – You know I’m, I’m black, right? – Jesus Christ. | -你知道我是黑人 对吧 -老天 |
[48:25] | Of course I know that. What kind of a question is that? | 我当然知道 这算哪门子问题 |
[48:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[48:29] | So when we’re hanging out, doing whatever, | 那我们在一起玩的时候 |
[48:34] | do you see me as a black guy? | 你会把我看做黑人吗 |
[48:36] | What are you doing? We’re not even talking about– | 你在干什么 我们根本没有在谈… |
[48:37] | – What do you see me as? – I don’t fucking know! | -你眼中的我是什么 -我不知道 |
[48:40] | I don’t know. As a person, I guess. | 我不知道 是个人吧 |
[48:42] | I wasn’t raised to see people as fucking colors. | 我受的教育不会把人用肤色区分开来 |
[48:45] | But you, you see me as a football player. | 但你能看到作为橄榄球运动员的我 |
[48:48] | And-and a 17-year-old guy, | 一个17岁 |
[48:49] | and someone who got into Princeton, right? | 被普林斯顿大学录取的人 对吧 |
[48:51] | Can you just stop? | 你能别说了吗 |
[48:52] | So why can’t you see me as black? | 那你为什么看不到我是黑人 |
[48:55] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[48:58] | You’re trying to make me feel like I’m this bad person | 你想让我觉得自己是坏人 |
[49:00] | and I’m not a bad person. | 但我不是坏人 |
[49:03] | Do you think that I’m a racist or something? | 你觉得我种族歧视还是什么吗 |
[49:07] | Would I be dating you with I was? | 我要是的话还会和你交往吗 |
[49:08] | I mean, my grandma integrated Shaker. | 我外婆在西克尔取消了种族隔离 |
[49:10] | – My mom fucking marched- – Marched with Dr. King? | -我妈妈参与游行 -跟金博士一起游行 |
[49:13] | Yeah, I know, Lexie. | 我知道 莱克西 |
[49:15] | Your mom brings it up every time I walk into this house. | 我每次来这里你妈妈都会提起 |
[49:19] | That’s exactly why I fucking hate coming here. | 所以我才讨厌来这儿 |
[49:25] | Whenever I tell people | 我每次告诉别人 |
[49:27] | I got into Princeton… | 我被普林斯顿录取 |
[49:30] | the first thing that goes through their head is, | 他们脑子里冒出的第一个念头就是 |
[49:33] | “Oh. It’s because he’s black.” | “因为他是黑人” |
[49:38] | But when you get into Yale…? | 但当你被耶鲁录取 |
[49:44] | They don’t think it’s because you stole a black girl’s story. | 他们不会觉得是因为你偷走了一个黑人女生的故事 |
[49:54] | Yeah, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[50:03] | Brian, I’m so sorry. | 布莱恩 我很抱歉 |
[50:10] | And I know. | 我知道 |
[50:14] | I know that I don’t know what it’s been like for you. | 我知道我不了解你所面临的困难 |
[50:23] | But you don’t know what it’s been like for me, either. | 但你也不知道我所面临的困难 |
[50:30] | What my mom expects from me. | 我妈对我的期望 |
[50:35] | The fucking pressure I feel | 每天感受到的压力 |
[50:38] | every day to be fucking perfect. | 因为我得做到完美无缺 |
[50:45] | I wasn’t trying to do something that was so wrong. | 我并没有想去做一件如此错误的事 |
[50:48] | I was just doing what I thought that I had to do. | 我只是做了我以为我必须做的事 |
[50:50] | Lexie, you stole her discrimination as your own. | 莱克西 你把她所遭遇的歧视偷给自己用 |
[50:54] | – You didn’t have to fucking do that. – Fine. | -你并不需要那么做的 -行 |
[50:56] | Then if I’m such a shitty person, | 那如果我这么差劲的话 |
[50:58] | then why did you have sex with me? | 你为什么还要和我做爱 |
[51:01] | Why did you say that you love me? | 你为什么要说你爱我 |
[51:03] | Why did you date me for the last year | 你为什么要在过去的一年半里 |
[51:05] | – and a fucking half, Brian? – Because I did love you. | -和我交往 布莱恩 -因为我确实爱过你 |
[51:19] | You know that I got… | 你知道我有 |
[51:34] | What? Say it. | 什么 说出来 |
[51:44] | I… | 我 |
[51:46] | think that you should go. | 想你该走了 |
[51:55] | Please just go. | 请走吧 |
[52:52] | – Hi, honey. – Hey, Mom. | -亲爱的 -妈妈 |
[52:53] | Um, I think Pearl was just gonna, uh… | 珀尔要… |
[52:57] | Moody’s upstairs, um… | 穆迪在楼上 |
[53:00] | if you just want to hang out. | 如果你想聚聚的话 |
[53:02] | – Okay. – Hi, Pearl. | -好 -嗨 珀尔 |
[53:06] | – Hi. – You haven’t been around much lately. | -嗨 -你最近很少来了 |
[53:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[53:11] | The house, it-it looks incredible. | 房子看上去很棒 |
[53:13] | Oh, thank you, honey. You’re so sweet. | 谢谢 亲爱的 你真好 |
[53:17] | – How have you been? – Well, um… | -你最近怎么样 -这个… |
[53:20] | with the trial and everything, I wasn’t sure how you might feel– | 因为庭审的事 我不确定你会作何感受 |
[53:23] | Honey, no. | 亲爱的 别 |
[53:25] | You are always welcome here, and, and… | 这里随时欢迎你 |
[53:29] | You’re as much of a victim in this as Mirabelle or Linda or Mark. | 你和蜜拉贝尔 琳达和马克一样都是这事的受害者 |
[53:33] | And I, I do not want you thinking this is your fault. | 我不想要你认为这是你的错 |
[53:36] | “A victim?” What do you mean, “A victim?” | “受害者” 什么意思 “受害者” |
[53:43] | Why don’t we go somewhere to talk, just you and I? | 要不我们找个地方去聊聊吧 就你和我 |
[54:45] | So what did you want to talk about? | 你想谈什么 |
[54:50] | It was nothing, man. | 没什么 |
[57:28] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[57:33] | I got dumped. | 我被甩了 |
[57:38] | Me too. | 我也是 |