时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Mia kidnapped Pearl. | 米娅绑架了珀尔 |
[00:05] | What’s going to New York and abandoning your family | 你把家庭抛在脑后飞去纽约 |
[00:07] | to go play Nancy Drew? | 就是为了扮演神探南茜吗 |
[00:08] | Why am I being punished for– for learning the truth? | 为什么我要因为寻找真相而受到惩罚 |
[00:11] | I just think about Pearl. | 我只是在为珀尔考虑 |
[00:12] | Learning about what you did in a court proceeding? | 从法院程序里了解到你的所作所为 |
[00:16] | Is fighting for someone else’s child worth losing your own? | 值得为别人的孩子失去自己的孩子吗 |
[00:20] | Why did you date me for the last year and a fucking half, Brian? | 你为什么要在过去的一年半里和我交往 布莱恩 |
[00:23] | Because I did love you! | 因为我确实爱过你 |
[00:24] | You have no idea how hard it’s been for me recently. | 你根本不知道最近这段时间对我来说有多难 |
[00:27] | What my mom expects from me? | 我妈对我的期望 |
[00:31] | – What? – It’s hard to be your mom! | -怎么了 -做你妈妈真的很难 |
[00:33] | Then don’t be. | 那就不要做了 |
[00:35] | You won’t swim forever. | 你不会永远游下去 |
[00:38] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[00:40] | Yeah. She’s definitely covering something up. | 她绝对有事瞒着我们 |
[00:43] | Probably another guy. | 可能有别的男人了 |
[00:44] | There is only one person here who is May Ling’s mother, | 美玲的母亲只有一个 |
[00:47] | and that is Bebe Chow. | 那就是周贝比 |
[00:48] | I have no further questions for this witness, Your Honor. | 我没有问题要问这名证人了 法官大人 |
[00:51] | Are you out of your mind? What are you doing? | 你疯了吗 你在干什么 |
[00:52] | Sit. Down. | 坐下 |
[00:55] | Why don’t we go somewhere to talk? Just you and I. | 要不我们找个地方去聊聊吧 就你和我 |
[01:39] | Trip, God, you don’t put the whole lemon in. | 崔普 天 你不能把整个柠檬放进去 |
[01:41] | But that’s what it said on the infomercial. | 可电视导购节目里是这么说的啊 |
[01:43] | Idiot. Just let Moody do it. | 笨蛋 让穆迪来吧 |
[01:47] | Oh, baby! Our first customers. | 天呐 我们的第一批顾客 |
[01:51] | Wait, Izzy, you were supposed to stock the bank. | 等等 伊奇 你该负责准备资金的 |
[01:54] | Here, run back to the house. Hurry! | 拿着 回家去拿钱 快啊 |
[02:00] | Hey, Mrs. McCarren! Hey, Jack! | 你好 麦凯伦夫人 你好 杰克 |
[02:03] | Do you want some lemonade? It’s fat-free. | 要喝柠檬汁吗 不含脂肪 |
[02:08] | Why is the door open? | 门怎么是打开的 |
[02:13] | – Oh, my goodness. – Get it, get it. | -我的天 -抓住它 抓住它 |
[02:14] | – Get it! – No, it’s over there. | -抓住它 -不 在那边 |
[02:16] | – Stop, please, you’re scaring it. – What is going on? | -住手 你们吓到它了 -怎么回事 |
[02:19] | – It pooped on the mantle. – Shoo it towards the door. | -它在披风上拉屎 -把它赶出门 |
[02:23] | Who is responsible for this? | 这是谁干的 |
[02:25] | She brought it in. It’s Izzy’s fault. | 她把它带回家的 都怪伊奇 |
[02:26] | It was a cardinal. It was hurt. I wanted to save it. | 那是一只北美红雀 受了伤 我想要救它 |
[02:29] | It pooped on the couch, too. | 它还在沙发上拉了屎 |
[02:32] | I’m gonna have to clean this up before your father gets home. | 我得在爸爸回家前把这打扫了 |
[02:35] | – I’m gonna find the bleach. – I’ll help, Mommy. | -我去找漂白液 -我帮你 妈妈 |
[02:37] | Thank you, Lexie. | 谢谢 莱克西 |
[02:39] | Trip, put away all the sports equipment. | 崔普 把运动装备都收起来 |
[02:41] | ‘Kay. | 好 |
[02:47] | – At least the bird’s okay. – Not really. | -至少小鸟没事 -并没有 |
[02:50] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[02:51] | Once a human touches a baby bird, its mother rejects it forever. | 一旦人碰了幼鸟后 它的妈妈就会将它永久拒之门外 |
[04:44] | You should take those upstairs so the children don’t see. | 你该把那些拿到楼上去 以免孩子们看到 |
[04:50] | I know I was out of line yesterday, but can we talk? | 我知道我昨天出格了 可我们能谈谈吗 |
[04:54] | It’s Linda’s testimony today. I can’t be late. | 今天琳达要去作证 我不能迟到 |
[05:14] | You knew I was going to return these. | 你知道我是打算退掉这双鞋的 |
[05:17] | Why did I find them in the garbage? | 怎么会在垃圾桶里 |
[05:19] | That’s what we do in this house, right? | 我们家不就爱这么做吗 |
[05:22] | Throw away the things we don’t like. | 扔掉我们不喜欢的东西 |
[05:35] | Honey, it’s getting late. Are you–oh. | 亲爱的 时间不早了 你… |
[05:39] | Oh, no. Are-are you okay? | 不 你还好吗 |
[05:42] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[05:47] | He broke up with me. | 他和我分手了 |
[05:51] | He broke up with you? | 他和你分手 |
[05:54] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:56] | You know, these high school relationships, they feel so serious. | 高中时期的感情 感觉特别严肃 |
[06:02] | I think this is a blessing in disguise. | 我觉得不一定是坏事 |
[06:05] | You’re gonna be going to Yale | 你要去耶鲁了 |
[06:07] | and you’re gonna meet so many young men. | 你会遇到很多年轻人 |
[06:10] | I think there’s gonna be someone who’s a better fit for you. | 我觉得肯定有更适合你的人 |
[06:22] | Stay home if you have to. Okay, honey? | 实在不行就待在家里吧 好吗 亲爱的 |
[06:44] | I would like to talk. | 我想谈谈 |
[06:47] | What’s the point? | 有什么意义 |
[06:49] | All you ever do is lie. | 你只会撒谎 |
[06:52] | – Wait, Pearl, wait. – No. | -等等 珀尔 等等 -不 |
[06:55] | We can’t stay in one place because of your art, lie. | 我们因为你的艺术不能久住在一个地方 谎言 |
[06:58] | We have no money. Lie. | 我们没有钱 谎言 |
[07:01] | We have no family. Lie. | 我们没有家人 谎言 |
[07:02] | My dad didn’t want me. Lie. | 我爸爸不想要我 谎言 |
[07:04] | He wanted me so bad you had to steal me away from him. | 他很想要我 以至于你要把我从他身边偷走 |
[07:07] | Pearl, I am so sorry. | 珀尔 我很抱歉 |
[07:10] | I don’t know exactly what Elena told you– | 我不知道埃琳娜到底和你说了什么 |
[07:12] | You told him I died. | 你和他说我死了 |
[07:16] | You told my father, who wanted me, that his kid was dead. | 我父亲明明想要我 你却告诉他 他的孩子死了 |
[07:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:24] | See, you stand around judging everyone else, | 你总是对别人评头论足 |
[07:26] | acting like Elena’s full of shit, but you are. | 说埃琳娜满嘴谎言 但其实你才是 |
[07:36] | You’ve mentioned in your earlier testimony | 你在之前的证词中提到 |
[07:38] | that you’ve spent all your life here in Shaker. | 你一直都住在西克尔 |
[07:40] | Uh, yes, uh… | 是的… |
[07:42] | except for the four years that I was at OSU, | 除了我在俄亥俄州立大学的四年 |
[07:45] | um, and various travels. | 还有多次旅行 |
[07:47] | So in your various travels, have you ever visited China? | 你在这多次旅行中去过中国吗 |
[07:50] | Uh, not yet, but we plan to. | 还没有 但我们计划要去 |
[07:52] | We think it’s really important | 我们觉得应该 |
[07:53] | to keep Mirabelle connected to her birth culture. | 让蜜拉贝尔了解自己出身地的文化 |
[07:56] | How are you at present | 你目前让美玲 |
[07:57] | trying to connect May Ling to her birth culture? | 了解了多少她出身地的文化 |
[08:00] | Uh, well, she’s only one. | 她才一岁 |
[08:04] | So we haven’t really started yet, but eventually. | 所以我们还没有开始 但以后会的 |
[08:07] | – Are any of May Ling’s dolls Asian? – No. | -美玲有亚裔洋娃娃吗 -没有 |
[08:09] | You know, and I looked everywhere, but no one makes Asian dolls. | 我都找过了 没有卖亚裔洋娃娃的 |
[08:12] | Not even American Girl. | 连美国娃娃[品牌名]都没有 |
[08:14] | I have a seven-year-old daughter. | 我有一个七岁的女儿 |
[08:15] | I know how challenging it can be. | 我知道有多难找 |
[08:17] | Uh, her uncle gave her a giant stuffed panda, which she loves. | 她舅舅给了她一个大熊猫娃娃 她很喜欢 |
[08:22] | It’s not, um, but I, you know. | 虽然不是…但是我…你懂的 |
[08:26] | Is May Ling’s race and identity not a serious matter to you? | 你觉得美玲的人种和身份并不重要吗 |
[08:34] | No, of course it is. | 当然重要了 |
[08:35] | Did you serve fortune cookies at her first birthday party? | 你在她的一周岁生日派对上 是不是做了幸运饼干 |
[08:41] | I didn’t serve her fortune cookies. They were, um, | 我没有给她做幸运饼干 那只是 |
[08:44] | a gift from a friend who thought | 一个朋友带来的礼物 |
[08:48] | it might be a cute nod. | 她觉得也许会是个可爱的示意 |
[08:51] | Are you aware fortune cookies aren’t Chinese? | 你知道幸运饼干不是来源于中国吗 |
[08:55] | Look, Mark and I don’t pretend to be experts in Chinese culture. | 我和马克不会假装自己是中国文化大师 |
[09:00] | – We… – Forget about being an expert. | -我们… -先不说什么专家 |
[09:02] | What about just acknowledging it? | 你们有没有承认她的出身 |
[09:04] | I mean, we are, but race isn’t everything. | 当然了 但种族不代表一切 |
[09:08] | It’s not the only thing that matters here. | 这并不是唯一重要的事 |
[09:12] | What box did you check | 你在填领养文件时 |
[09:13] | as your race preference on your adoption paperwork? | 在种族偏好中选择了哪一栏 |
[09:15] | Objection, Your Honor. Uh, relevance. | 反对 法官大人 无关问题 |
[09:19] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[09:24] | We checked the box for a white child. | 我们选择了白种婴儿 |
[09:28] | Um, like any parents, when we sought to adopt, | 我们和其他选择领养的父母一样 |
[09:33] | we had certain ideas of who our child would be. | 都有自己心目中的孩子 |
[09:37] | But, you know, when Mirabelle needed a family, | 但在蜜拉贝尔需要一个家的时候 |
[09:41] | we didn’t ask what race she was. | 我们并没问她是什么种族的 |
[09:43] | It didn’t matter. | 那无关紧要 |
[09:47] | When we held her in our arms, all the notions of… | 当我们将她抱在怀里时 一切我们理想中 |
[09:51] | who we thought our child would be just melted away. I mean… | 孩子的模样都瞬间消失了 我的意思是… |
[09:57] | she was perfect. | 她完美无缺 |
[09:59] | Do you know Mirabelle’s given name? | 你知道蜜拉贝尔的名字吗 |
[10:00] | Yes, May Ling. | 我知道 美玲 |
[10:03] | So if she was perfect, as you say, | 那如果她完美无缺 如你所说 |
[10:07] | why did you change it? | 你为什么改了她的名字 |
[10:10] | Well, I mean, every mother wants to name her baby. | 每一位母亲都想为她的宝贝命名 |
[10:16] | I wanted her to feel a connection to our family. | 我希望她能觉得自己与我们家紧密相连 |
[10:19] | To make us hers and her ours. | 让她与我们融为一体 |
[10:22] | But she wasn’t yours. The adoption wasn’t finalized. | 可她不是你的 收养程序并没有完成 |
[10:25] | It still isn’t, in fact. | 其实至今都没有 |
[10:27] | Did you consider that you were erasing her identity? | 你是否认为你是在抹去她的身份 |
[10:30] | Negating her Chinese heritage? | 否认她的中国血统 |
[10:31] | No, I’m not erasing anything. | 不 我什么都没有抹去 |
[10:33] | I’m not the one who abandoned her baby. That’s what she did. | 抛弃自己孩子的人不是我 而是她 |
[10:37] | I took her in. I nursed her back to health. | 我收留了她 我照料她直到她恢复健康 |
[10:42] | I mean, when she stumbles, I catch her. | 在她绊倒的时候 我会扶住她 |
[10:46] | When she’s afraid? | 在她害怕的时候 |
[10:50] | When she’s afraid, she reaches for me. | 在她害怕的时候 她会向我伸出手 |
[10:56] | You know, she didn’t come from my body, | 她不是我亲生的孩子 |
[11:01] | and I’m sad about that. | 我对此感到难过 |
[11:05] | But that doesn’t make me any less of a mother. | 但这并不意味着我不是一位真正的母亲 |
[11:12] | You know, she may look Chinese, but she’s our daughter. | 或许她看起来像中国人 但她是我们的女儿 |
[11:16] | What do you mean, she may look Chinese? | 这是什么意思 她或许看起来像中国人 |
[11:17] | May Ling is Chinese. Just like her mother. | 美玲就是中国人 和她母亲一样 |
[11:19] | I mean, she may look Chinese, but she’s American! | 她或许看起来像中国人 但她是美国人 |
[11:23] | I mean, I’m-I-I’m, nobody gets it right. | 我 我 我 大家都会有口误 |
[11:25] | Sometimes I say the wrong thing. | 有时我也会有口误 |
[11:28] | No mother gets it right a hundred percent of the time, | 没有哪个母亲能保证每时每刻说的话都完全准确 |
[11:30] | but I love her! I’m doing my best. | 但我爱她 我在尽己所能 |
[11:33] | But Bebe Chow wasn’t? | 周贝比难道没有吗 |
[11:36] | Look, I have no doubt you are trying your best, Mrs. McCullough. | 我毫不怀疑你有在尽己所能 麦卡洛夫人 |
[11:39] | But if your best is fortune cookies and cute nods– | 但如果各种资源对你而言唾手可得 |
[11:43] | When you have every resource at your disposal? | 而你能做到的只是幸运饼干和可爱的示意 |
[11:47] | If your best is that race doesn’t matter– | 如果你能做到的只是种族无关紧要 |
[11:49] | That’s not what I said. | 我不是这个意思 |
[11:50] | Then your family is not where she belongs. | 那么你家就不是她的归属 |
[11:52] | – I do– – No further questions, Your Honor. | -我… -没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[11:54] | No, I’ve been her mother for almost a year. | 不 我做她的母亲做了将近一年 |
[11:57] | – No further questions, Your Honor. – That’s longer than she ever has. | -没有问题了 法官阁下 -比她做得时间长 |
[11:59] | You may be dismissed, Mrs. McCullough. | 您可以离庭了 麦卡洛夫人 |
[12:10] | Any further witnesses or testimony? | 还有其他证人证词吗 |
[12:13] | – No, Your Honor. – No, Your Honor. | -没有 法官阁下 -没有 法官阁下 |
[12:17] | Then thank you all. | 那谢谢你们 |
[12:19] | I will deliberate and reach a verdict shortly. | 我会仔细考虑并很快做出裁决 |
[12:34] | Chapter Five. Beneath the Facade: | 第5章 表面之下 |
[12:37] | A Look at Race in Shaker Heights. | 西克尔高地种族问题一瞥 |
[12:40] | Shaker Heights, known for its handsome boulevards | 西克尔高地以其美丽的林荫道 |
[12:43] | and opulent homes, | 与富裕的家庭而闻名 |
[12:45] | is credited for pioneering a truly integrated community. | 因开辟了真正的和谐社区而享有盛誉 |
[12:48] | A suburban utopia where all races can live in harmony. | 在这个郊区的乌托邦 各种族和谐共处 |
[12:53] | Nowhere is the town’s racial consciousness more evident | 没有什么地方比公立学校更能体现 |
[12:56] | than in the public schools, | 这个小镇的种族意识了 |
[12:58] | where courses on racial sensitivity are taught, | 这里开设了种族敏感性的相关课程 |
[13:01] | and every sport is encouraged to have racial symmetry. | 学校鼓励每种运动都实现种族均衡 |
[13:04] | But surface attempts to create equity | 但这些浅尝辄止的对于平等的努力 |
[13:06] | mask a facade | 掩盖了 |
[13:08] | revealing a complicated history of racial and cultural tension. | 揭示种族与文化冲突的复杂历史的一面 |
[13:13] | In the middle of the century, | 本世纪中期 |
[13:14] | as Jewish and African-American home buyers flocked to Shaker, | 当犹太人与非裔美国人纷纷来西克尔买房 |
[13:18] | for the utopia that was promised, | 追求期待中的乌托邦 |
[13:20] | many white residents fled. | 许多白人居民逃离了 |
[13:22] | And, after a bomb exploded in | 在一家新搬来的非裔美国居民 |
[13:24] | the garage of a new African-American resident, | 家中车库发生炸弹爆炸事故之后 |
[13:27] | the town’s utopian image was shattered. | 这个小镇的乌托邦景象变得支离破碎 |
[13:30] | To help boost its image, | 为了提升形象 |
[13:32] | Shaker Heights soon implemented financial incentives | 西克尔高地很快开始通过经济激励 |
[13:35] | to keep neighborhoods integrated. | 来维护社区的团结 |
[13:37] | It was heralded as a progressive model for other cities to emulate. | 这被宣传为是供其他城市学习的先进榜样 |
[13:41] | Yet it begs the question. | 不得不问一句 |
[13:43] | If Shaker has to pay white families | 如果西克尔必须花钱 |
[13:45] | to live amongst African-Americans, | 才能让白人家庭与非裔美国人为邻 |
[13:47] | how progressive is it? | 那它又有多先进呢 |
[13:55] | Here, I’ll put this in here, okay? You want it? | 我把它放在这里 好吗 你想要吗 |
[13:58] | You want to put him right in here? | 你想把它放到这里吗 |
[14:13] | How are you holding up? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[14:18] | Well, they said it would be open-and-shut | 人们都说这事很简单 |
[14:20] | and it would take hours, and it’s almost a week. | 几个小时就可以 而现在都快一周了 |
[14:23] | I know, I know. Bill is really anxious, too. | 我知道 我知道 比尔也很焦急 |
[14:27] | Yeah, well, the stakes are a little lower for him. | 这个风险对他来说要小一点 |
[14:36] | I’ve been thinking that, um, | 我最近在想 |
[14:39] | maybe there’s something that we can dig up on her | 也许我们可以挖掘到一些关于她的黑料 |
[14:42] | that shows you what kind of person she is. | 证明她是什么样的人 |
[14:44] | She abandoned her baby. She didn’t want her. | 她遗弃了她的孩子 她不想要她 |
[14:47] | I don’t know what else he needs. | 我不知道他还需要什么 |
[14:55] | Do-do you think that | 你觉不觉得 |
[14:56] | maybe she didn’t want her from the beginning? | 也许她一开始就没想要她 |
[15:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:04] | – Mama! – Wait, what’s that, my girl? | -妈妈 -等等 你说什么 女儿 |
[15:07] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[15:08] | She said it! | 她叫出来了 |
[15:11] | What did you just say, mama? | 你刚才说什么了 妈妈 |
[15:13] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[15:15] | You said it! | 你叫出来了 |
[15:17] | You said Mama. | 你叫妈妈了 |
[15:18] | Ooh, I’m your mama. I’m your mama. | 我是你的妈妈 我是你的妈妈 |
[15:23] | I’m your mama. | 我是你的妈妈 |
[16:00] | You’re lucky we didn’t get a citation. | 我们没有收到传票算你幸运 |
[16:03] | – I don’t want any of it. – I don’t care. | -这些我都不要了 -我不在乎 |
[16:06] | You just can’t leave it in the front yard. | 你就是不能把它扔到前院 |
[16:10] | Well, okay then. Burn it. | 那好吧 烧掉它 |
[16:13] | Give it away. | 把它送走 |
[16:15] | I’m done with it. I’m done with all of it. | 我受够它了 这一切我都受够了 |
[16:19] | Hon, you have three and half years left. | 亲爱的 你只剩下三年半了 |
[16:22] | And then, you can go off and be whoever you want to be. | 到时你就可以搬出去 随心所欲 |
[16:25] | But until that time, just keep your head down | 但在那之前 你就保持低调 |
[16:28] | and try to get through it, okay? | 努力熬过去 可以吗 |
[16:31] | Is that what you’re doing? | 你就是这样做的吗 |
[16:34] | Keeping your head down? Sleeping on the couch? | 保持低调 睡沙发 |
[16:37] | Isabelle, you are a child. | 伊莎贝尔 你是个孩子 |
[16:39] | You have no concept of the deals | 你根本不了解 |
[16:41] | we’ve had to make to live this life. | 我们为了过上这日子需要做的交易 |
[16:43] | You have no idea what real problems are, and until you do, | 你根本不知道什么是真正的问题 在你知道之前 |
[16:46] | you’re going to put your curtains back up, | 你就把你的窗帘给挂回去 |
[16:47] | put those fucking Keds back in the closet, and just grow up! | 把该死的Keds鞋放回衣橱里 快点长大吧 |
[17:53] | 去百视达退碟 献血 准备SAT | |
[18:02] | So that’s what you’ve been doing? | 这就是你最近忙的事 |
[18:04] | God, I can’t believe after everything that you’ve done, | 我的天 我不敢相信你做了那些事之后 |
[18:07] | – you’re still sitting here judging her. – What? | -你还是在评判她 -什么 |
[18:10] | I saw the photos, the– the pantyhose, the calendar. | 我都看到了 那些照片 裤袜 日程表 |
[18:12] | I saw everything. | 我什么都看到了 |
[18:14] | You lit her face on fire. | 你把照片里她的脸烧掉了 |
[18:16] | – How sick. – You are not to go in my studio | -真变态 -你不应该进我的工作室 |
[18:18] | and through my things. | 乱翻我东西的 |
[18:19] | You stole from Elena. | 是你从埃琳娜那里偷来的 |
[18:21] | Has it ever occurred to you | 你到底想过没有 |
[18:22] | why she told you the truth about my past? | 为什么她要告诉你我的过去 |
[18:24] | Because it’s my past, too. | 因为那也是我的过去 |
[18:26] | That’s not why she told you. | 这不是她告诉你的原因 |
[18:27] | She told me because I have the right to know. | 她告诉我是因为我有权知道 |
[18:29] | – Okay. – Because she actually cares about me. | -好吧 -因为她真的关心我 |
[18:32] | She may care about you, | 她或许关心你 |
[18:34] | but she told you to get back at me | 但她告诉你是为了报复我 |
[18:37] | because she hates me. | 因为她恨我 |
[18:39] | – No. – Yes, yes. | -不是的 -就是这样 |
[18:40] | There is so much I need to tell you. | 有好多事我想告诉你 |
[18:42] | – Can you please just– – No. | -请你能不能 -不能 |
[18:44] | – No, we need to talk. We need– – No! | -别这样 我们需要谈谈 -我不想 |
[18:48] | I want you to call him. | 我想让你打给他 |
[18:51] | Who? | 打给谁 |
[18:54] | My dad. | 我爸爸 |
[18:57] | Tell him that I’m alive. | 告诉他我还活着 |
[19:00] | Tell him what you did. | 告诉他你做了什么 |
[19:02] | Tell him that I want to talk to him. | 告诉他我想跟他说话 |
[19:08] | I ca– | 我不 |
[19:15] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[19:18] | I’m sure Elena would be happy to do it. | 我肯定埃琳娜愿意这么做 |
[19:26] | Pearl? | 珀尔 |
[19:54] | 多森投资集团 乔·瑞安 高级分析师 | |
[20:22] | Hello? | 您好 |
[20:28] | Hi, is this-this still the Ryan residence? | 您好 请问这还是瑞安家的号码吗 |
[20:32] | It is. This is Madeline. Who’s calling? | 是的 我是麦德琳 请问你是 |
[20:43] | Hello? | 你好 |
[20:56] | Mia? | 米娅 |
[21:06] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[21:07] | Elena, good to see you. | 很高心见到你 埃琳娜 |
[21:10] | Yes, good to see you. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[21:11] | Thank you for seeing me on such short notice. | 谢谢您这么快就安排见我 |
[21:13] | Oh, no problem, but my God. | 没事 但是我的天 |
[21:15] | How, how’s Linda holding up? | 琳达怎么样了 |
[21:17] | You know, barely standing. | 勉强支撑着 |
[21:19] | Yeah. Well, I can’t even imagine. | 是啊 我无法想象 |
[21:21] | Well, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 我来就是想跟你说这件事 |
[21:24] | Um, the case is coming down to the judge deciding | 这个案子现在要由法官决定 |
[21:27] | who is the most fit, or the most deserving mother. | 谁最适合抚养 或者说谁是最称职的母亲 |
[21:31] | And we heard about what happened with Bebe | 我们也听说了贝比在生完小孩后 |
[21:34] | after she gave birth, but there was no testimony | 遭遇了什么 但是并没有证词表明 |
[21:38] | about what she did while she was pregnant. | 她在怀孕期间做了什么事 |
[21:40] | So I started wondering if she’d come here | 所以我不禁好奇 她是否来过这里 |
[21:43] | or another branch for a consult. | 或者去其他分公司咨询过 |
[21:46] | Just to discuss her options. | 讨论一下她有什么选择 |
[21:49] | I– but that would be confidential. | 我… 但这些内容是保密的 |
[21:52] | Well, yes, of course, of course. | 是的 当然了 |
[21:55] | – And I know you have to say that. – No, no, really. | -我知道明面上你需要这么说 -真不是的 |
[21:57] | Elena, I mean, that would be against the law. | 埃琳娜 告诉你的话就是违法行为了 |
[22:00] | I’m in the business of helping women, | 我是在帮助女性的行业里工作 |
[22:02] | not weaponizing their right to choose. | 不是把她们选择的权利变成武器 |
[22:04] | Okay, no one supports a woman’s right to choose more than I do. | 好吧 但是没有人比我更支持女性拥有选择权 |
[22:07] | You know, my mother was on the board here for many years, | 我妈妈曾经在这个委员会就职多年 |
[22:10] | and I’m also in the business of helping women. | 我也在帮助女性的行业里工作 |
[22:14] | You certainly remember who recommended you for this job. | 你肯定记得当年是谁推荐你就任这个岗位的 |
[22:19] | Are you saying that I should do this because I owe you? | 你是说我现在应该帮你 因为我欠你吗 |
[22:27] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[22:29] | Hello. | 你好 |
[22:31] | No, I-I’m with someone right now. | 不行 我这边现在有人 |
[22:34] | Go on. I’ll-I’ll wait. | 去吧 我会等着 |
[22:38] | Exam room B. Okay, I’ll be right there. | B诊疗室 好 我马上到 |
[22:43] | I really think that we’re done here. | 我真的觉得我们可以结束谈话了 |
[22:45] | Oh, no, no, I-I don’t mind. | 没有 我不介意等你回来继续 |
[22:50] | All right, I’ll be right back. | 好吧 我马上回来 |
[23:42] | Did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out? | 你真的以为我发现不了吗 |
[23:46] | Moody. | 穆迪 |
[23:47] | Because Trip’s the idiot, not me. | 崔普是个傻瓜 但我不是 |
[23:52] | Moody, Moody, listen, hold on, stop. Listen, I can explain. | 穆迪 听我说 等一下 停下 我可以解释 |
[23:55] | – Fuck you! – Moody, hold on, dude. | -去你的 -穆迪 等一下 兄弟 |
[23:56] | We can explain. | 我们可以解释的 |
[23:57] | I thought you had self-respect. | 我还以为你有自尊心 |
[23:59] | Moody, it’s not what it looks like, okay? | 穆迪 这不是你看起来的那样 好吗 |
[24:01] | It’s-it’s not what you think. Just please, listen to me. | 这不是你想的那样 求你了 听我说 |
[24:02] | Are you kidding me? This is exactly what I think. | 你在逗我吗 这就是我想的那样 |
[24:05] | Just stop. Just stop, dude. | 停下 住手 兄弟 |
[24:07] | – Please. – You please stop, dude! | -求你了 -求你住手 兄弟 |
[24:10] | Moody, we messed up. I messed up, okay? | 穆迪 我们搞砸了 我搞砸了 |
[24:11] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[24:13] | Just listen to me. Let me explain. | 听我说 让我解释给你听 |
[24:14] | I thought you were smarter than the sluts who do it with him. | 我还以为你比那些跟他上床的贱货聪明点 |
[24:18] | I didn’t think you were one of them. | 没想到你也是个贱货 |
[24:20] | Trip! | 崔普 |
[24:22] | Guys, stop. | 你们住手 |
[24:24] | Moody, stop. Get off of him. | 穆迪 停下 离他远点 |
[24:28] | – I hate you, Trip. – Trip, Trip, stop. Guys, stop! | -我恨你 崔普 -崔普 住手 你们两个住手 |
[24:37] | Moody. | 穆迪 |
[24:39] | Moody, I need to have a conversation… | 穆迪 我需要跟你谈 |
[24:41] | – What happened to your face? – Nothing. | -你的脸怎么了 -没什么 |
[24:45] | What has gotten into you lately? | 你最近是怎么了 |
[24:49] | Did you really think I wasn’t gonna find out | 你真的觉得我发现不了 |
[24:51] | about Pearl and the abortion? | 珀尔堕胎的事情吗 |
[24:53] | – What? – I did not raise you to be irresponsible. | -什么 -我从没教你要不负责任 |
[24:56] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[25:00] | I’m sorry, did… | 抱歉 你 |
[25:03] | How do you not know about… | 你怎么会不知道 |
[25:06] | – Talk to Trip. – Moody. | -跟崔普说去 -穆迪 |
[25:08] | Moody, why would I talk to Trip? | 穆迪 为什么我要跟崔普说 |
[25:09] | Because he is the one with Pearl. | 因为跟珀尔在一起的是他 |
[25:11] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[25:14] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[25:16] | It’s Dad. The verdict’s in. | 是爸爸 判决下来了 |
[25:21] | And how will your family celebrate? | 你们家打算怎么庆祝 |
[25:23] | Oh, how will we celebrate? | 我们要怎么庆祝 |
[25:25] | Uh, well, it’s been so arduous, | 打官司太费劲了 |
[25:26] | we haven’t really thought much past the verdict. | 我们还没怎么考虑过裁决之后的事 |
[25:28] | How do you want to celebrate, Mirabelle? | 你打算怎么庆祝呀 蜜拉贝尔 |
[25:31] | Maybe with a nap and an episode of Barney and Friends. | 也许是打个小盹 再看一集《紫色小恐龙班尼》 |
[25:35] | Now, the trial covered some difficult testimony. | 审判中出现了一些对你不利的证词 |
[25:38] | Did you ever feel that you might lose your daughter? | 你是否曾觉得你可能会失去你的女儿 |
[25:41] | I had complete faith | 我非常有信心 |
[25:42] | that the judge would make the right decision. | 法官会做出正确的决断 |
[25:44] | We believe in the system. | 我们相信法律体系 |
[25:46] | Research indicates that a relationship with the biological family | 研究表明与孩子的亲生家庭保持良好关系 |
[25:49] | can benefit an adopted child. | 会对收养来的孩子更有益 |
[25:50] | Will you let Mirabelle spend time with her birth mother? | 你会让蜜拉贝尔与她的亲生母亲相处吗 |
[25:53] | Well, I think my clients have demonstrated over and over again | 我认为我的委托人已经一次次表现出 |
[25:55] | their willingness to do whatever is in the best interest– | 他们愿意做出对孩子最有利的选择 |
[25:56] | You know, I, we’re her parents, | 我 我们是她的父母 |
[25:58] | and it’s up to us to protect our daughter. | 保护我们女儿是我们的责任 |
[26:01] | The important thing is that we’re a family, | 重要的是我们是一家人 |
[26:02] | and we’d like to go be one now, so thank you. | 我们现在想好好做一家人 谢谢 |
[26:04] | – Yeah, thank you. – Thank you, everybody, that’s enough. | -是的 谢谢 -谢谢大家 采访结束了 |
[26:05] | That’s all. | 结束了 |
[26:06] | Verdict was a rude awakening for Ms. Chow, | 判决对周女士就像当头一棒 |
[26:08] | who unsurprisingly left the courthouse earlier in tears. | 毫不意外 她先前泪流满面地离开法院 |
[26:11] | What are your thoughts about the verdict? | 你对判决结果怎么看 |
[26:13] | How do you feel about the judge? | 你对法官有什么看法 |
[26:15] | It is the most egregious misinterpretation | 这是我所见过的 |
[26:17] | of “In the best interest of the child” I have ever witnessed. | 对”保全孩子最大利益”最过分的歪曲 |
[26:23] | Why are you so upset? | 你为什么这么激动 |
[26:26] | Of course they won. They always do. | 他们当然赢了 他们总是赢 |
[26:31] | The rich people. | 有钱人 |
[26:33] | The beautiful people, the popular people. | 漂亮的人 受欢迎的人 |
[26:36] | They think they own everything | 他们觉得他们拥有一切 |
[26:37] | and don’t give a shit about anybody else. | 从来不会理会别人死活 |
[26:42] | Fuck ’em. Fuck ’em all. | 操他妈的 全都去死吧 |
[26:48] | Fuck you, too. | 也操你妈 |
[26:50] | You’re acting the exact same way. | 你还不是做着一样的事 |
[26:52] | She’s not yours. You know that, right? | 她不属于你 你知道的吧 |
[26:56] | You don’t just deserve her because you liked her. | 不是只要你喜欢她就得跟你 |
[27:02] | Nobody asked you. | 与你无关 |
[27:07] | You think that just because you bought her some bike | 你觉得就因为你给她买了自行车 |
[27:11] | and gave her some stupid notebook, she’s indebted to you? | 给了她几个破本子 她就欠你的吗 |
[27:15] | Who are you? Mom? | 你哪位 妈妈吗 |
[27:18] | She had a fucking abortion. | 她去堕了胎 |
[27:20] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[27:24] | – Pearl? – Yes. | -珀尔 -对 |
[27:26] | Mom knows. She told me. | 妈妈知道 她告诉我了 |
[27:29] | And you believe Mom? | 你相信妈妈吗 |
[27:31] | She’d say anything to make it seem like… | 为了… 她愿意说出任何话 |
[27:38] | What? | 什么 |
[27:54] | – Did you have an abortion? – Get out. | -你堕胎了吗 -出去 |
[27:57] | No, I heard you puking in our bathroom | 不 我听见过你在洗手间吐 |
[27:59] | and I saw you leaving Mia’s with that bag. | 见过你带着那个包离开米娅家 |
[28:01] | Izzy, get the fuck out. I’m serious. | 伊奇 给我他妈的滚 我认真的 |
[28:02] | Mom thinks it was Pearl, | 妈妈以为是珀尔 |
[28:03] | and you know she’s gonna use that against Mia. | 你知道她打算用这个去对付米娅 |
[28:05] | If you don’t tell her, I will. | 如果你不告诉她 我会去的 |
[28:11] | Fine. | 好 |
[28:13] | Say whatever the fuck you want to say, Izzy. | 你想说什么就去说 伊奇 |
[28:17] | Because Mom would never, in a million years, | 因为妈妈永远不会 |
[28:20] | believe you over me. | 信你而不信我 |
[28:35] | – There, there. I know, I know. – I can’t live without her. | -好了 我知道 -我不能没有她 |
[28:48] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[29:06] | You have to stop blaming yourself. | 你不要责备自己 |
[29:10] | He’s my brother. It’s my problem. | 他是我弟弟 是我的错 |
[29:12] | This isn’t your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[29:15] | But I was the one who kissed you. | 但是我亲了你 |
[29:19] | What I did was wrong. | 我的行为是错的 |
[29:22] | We. | 我们 |
[29:24] | – What we did. – It was wrong. | -我们的行为 -是不对的 |
[29:26] | But we’re not wrong. | 但我们没有错 |
[29:29] | I mean, you… | 我是说 你 |
[29:32] | you still, like… | 你还 |
[29:36] | you still want to be together, right? | 你还想在一起 对吗 |
[29:45] | My whole life, I’ve been dragged around. | 我整个一生 一直被拖来拖去 |
[29:50] | It’s like I don’t even think about what I want | 我甚至不会去想我想要什么 |
[29:52] | because no one ever asked me. | 因为从来没人问过我 |
[29:56] | And I don’t even know who I am or what I want. | 我甚至不知道我是谁或我想要什么 |
[30:02] | All I know is that I don’t want to be like her. | 我只知道我不想变成她 |
[30:07] | But you do know what you want, Pearl. | 但你知道你想要什么 珀尔 |
[30:10] | You knew it when you moved to Shaker. | 当你搬到西克尔时你就知道 |
[30:13] | You knew it when you… | 当你 |
[30:16] | you know, asked me to study. | 让我去学习时你就知道 |
[30:22] | And your mom, look, I know. | 你妈妈 听着 |
[30:23] | I know you’re pissed off at your mom. I get it. | 我知道你生你妈的气 我理解 |
[30:26] | But she did what she did to hold onto you. | 但她这么做是为了留住你 |
[30:33] | I would do anything to hold onto you, too. | 我也愿意做任何事来留住你 |
[30:43] | What about Moody? | 穆迪怎么办 |
[30:46] | He’s your brother. | 他是你弟弟 |
[30:49] | I mean, shouldn’t you fight to hold onto him, too? | 你不也应该努力留住他吗 |
[31:00] | She sounded like… | 她听起来像是 |
[31:04] | she was dying. | 快要死了 |
[31:09] | She’s not dying. | 她不会死的 |
[31:12] | She’ll be okay? | 她不会有事吧 |
[31:17] | She’ll survive, if that’s what you mean. | 她死不了 如果你是这个意思的话 |
[31:25] | But… | 但是 |
[31:27] | there is no pain like the loss of a child. | 失去孩子是最痛苦的事 |
[31:34] | It’s how I’d feel if I lost you. | 如果我失去你 我也会体会到这种痛苦 |
[31:46] | When I was pregnant with Pearl, | 当珀尔在我肚子里的时候 |
[31:49] | I drove out to California. | 我开车去了加利福尼亚 |
[31:52] | And one night, it was 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, and… | 有一天晚上 大概是凌晨2点或3点 |
[31:58] | I saw this light coming over the horizon. | 我看到地平线上有一道光 |
[32:03] | And as I got closer… | 当我靠近 |
[32:08] | I realized that it was a fire. | 才发现那是火 |
[32:13] | A prairie fire. | 草原之火 |
[32:16] | And I just pulled over. | 我停下车 |
[32:21] | And I watched. | 静静看着 |
[32:25] | And when the sun came up… | 当太阳升起时 |
[32:31] | the Earth, everything was black. | 地面上的一切都是黑色的 |
[32:37] | Scorched. | 烧焦了 |
[32:41] | And it felt like… | 完全就是我 |
[32:44] | exactly how I felt. | 内心的感觉 |
[32:47] | It felt like the end of the world. | 世界末日的感觉 |
[32:52] | But then I had Pearl, and… | 后来珀尔出生了 |
[32:56] | I learned things that I didn’t know before. | 我学会了以前不知道的事情 |
[32:59] | Like that sometimes, you have to scorch everything to start over. | 有时候 你得把一切都烧焦才能重新开始 |
[33:05] | And after the burning, the soil is rich, | 燃烧后 土壤更加肥沃 |
[33:10] | and life can grow there. | 生命自由生长 |
[33:14] | Life that is maybe even better than what was there before. | 甚至比以前长得更好 |
[33:24] | And people are like that too. They’re resilient. | 人其实也是这样 复原能力很强 |
[33:29] | Even from… | 即使是 |
[33:32] | total devastation, they start over. | 彻底毁灭 也能重新开始 |
[33:36] | And they find a way. | 他们总会找到办法 |
[33:41] | Bebe will find a way. | 贝比会找到办法的 |
[33:46] | And so will Pearl. | 珀尔也会 |
[33:48] | And so will you. | 你也会的 |
[34:03] | Maybe it’s time for you to get home. | 也许你该回家了 |
[34:06] | Yeah? | 好吗 |
[34:20] | I wish I lived here. | 我真希望我住在这里 |
[34:24] | With you. | 和你一起 |
[34:38] | See you tomorrow? | 明天见 |
[34:43] | I’ll see you soon, Izzy. | 我们很快就能再见 伊奇 |
[34:48] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[35:06] | I’m sorry, are we really not going to talk at all? | 不好意思 我们真的不打算谈谈吗 |
[35:10] | About the verdict or– or the press conference. | 关于判决或是新闻发布会 |
[35:14] | Any of it? | 什么都不谈吗 |
[35:16] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[35:37] | Sorry, do you need something? | 不好意思 你是需要什么吗 |
[35:39] | I, uh… | 我 |
[35:41] | I just found out something very disturbing today. | 我今天刚发现一件非常令人不安的事 |
[35:46] | Pearl had an abortion. | 珀尔堕胎了 |
[35:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:51] | Well, apparently, she’s been seeing Trip behind Moody’s back. | 她一直在背着穆迪和崔普交往 |
[35:57] | Well, at least Moody’s not the sucker paying for dinner. | 至少穆迪不是付晚餐钱的傻瓜 |
[36:00] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[36:23] | O-Okay, y-yes, we met and we had dinner. | 好吧 是的 我们见过面 一起吃过晚饭 |
[36:26] | But I didn’t… | 但我没有 |
[36:28] | I didn’t say anything because it, it wasn’t worth mentioning. | 我什么都没说 是因为不值一提 |
[36:31] | What about 15 years ago? | 那15年前呢 |
[36:37] | I’m a good person, Bill. | 我是个好人 比尔 |
[36:40] | I’m a good, I’m a good wife and a good mother. | 我是个好妻子 好母亲 |
[36:43] | And everything I have ever done or not done | 我所做或没做的一切 |
[36:46] | is for this family. | 都是为了这个家 |
[36:47] | Everything I have done has been for this family. | 我所做的一切才是为了这个家 |
[36:51] | So that you could have what you want. | 好让你得到你想要的 |
[36:53] | This house, these things, this perfect fucking picture. | 这个房子 这些家私 完美的破照片 |
[36:56] | What I wanted? What about what you wanted? | 我想要的 那你想要的呢 |
[36:58] | You have your freedom because I gave up mine. | 你有自由是因为我放弃了我的自由 |
[37:01] | I told you I didn’t want to have a fourth baby. | 我说过我不想再生老四 |
[37:04] | And when I did and I was suffering, | 而且我生的时候我很痛苦 |
[37:06] | you didn’t come home from work any earlier. | 你不会提前下班回家 |
[37:08] | You didn’t, you didn’t cancel your golf game on Saturday. | 周六的高尔夫比赛照去不误 |
[37:12] | You didn’t even ask me how I was doing. | 你连我好不好都不过问 |
[37:15] | You are amazing. | 你真了不起 |
[37:18] | You should have had a big career in journalism | 你在新闻界本应大有作为 |
[37:20] | because your spin is impeccable. | 因为你新闻里的倾向性天衣无缝 |
[37:22] | I had a career, Bill! And then I had Isabelle. | 我曾有过事业 比尔 然后我有了伊莎贝尔 |
[37:26] | So it’s her fault? Your own daughter? | 所以是她的错了 怪你自己的女儿 |
[37:29] | Or is it mine? Or is it Mia’s? | 还是我的错 米娅的错 |
[37:32] | You rented her the apartment. You brought her into our home. | 把房子租给她的是你 把她带到家里来的是你 |
[37:36] | You brought her to Linda’s. That’s how all of this started. | 带她去琳达家的是你 一切都因此而起 |
[37:40] | Do you not see the common denominator there? | 你怎么还看不出其中的共同点 |
[37:47] | – Where are you going? – I’m going for a drive. | -你要去哪 -我开车兜一圈 |
[37:50] | Maybe it’s about time I got myself a pacifier too. | 也许我也该给自己买个奶嘴了 |
[38:16] | What? | 什么事 |
[38:18] | This will come as no surprise to you, | 你应该早就料到了 |
[38:20] | but I’m not renewing your lease. | 我不会给你续租了 |
[38:22] | – Oh, okay. – You’re paid through the end of the month | -好 -你的房租付到了月底 |
[38:24] | so I expect you out by the first. | 我希望你下月初之前搬走 |
[38:26] | Should I tell Pearl that we’re moving out | 搬家的事是我来告诉珀尔 |
[38:28] | or would you like to take care of that as well? | 还是也让你代劳 |
[38:31] | Do you know, Pearl deserves | 其实 珀尔应该 |
[38:32] | to be treated better than how you treat her. | 得到比你对她更好的照顾 |
[38:34] | If she’d had the family that she deserves, | 她要是有个像样的家庭 |
[38:37] | she wouldn’t be tearing mine apart. | 就不会把我家搅得鸡犬不宁 |
[38:39] | Just let me know how you want to get me my security deposit back. | 等你想好怎么退我押金的时候告诉我就行 |
[38:42] | Do you know that she could have ruined Trip’s life? | 你知道她差点毁了崔普的人生吗 |
[38:45] | You do know your daughter was pregnant, right? | 你知道自己女儿怀孕了吧 |
[38:47] | That’s just another feather in your mothering cap. | 这只是又一件你作为母亲引以为傲的事 |
[38:55] | You can’t stand it, can you? | 你就是受不了 对吧 |
[38:58] | – What? – That someone would choose a different life than yours. | -什么 -受不了别人选择跟你不同的人生 |
[39:02] | – I don’t care how you live. – What was it you gave up, Elena? | -我不在乎你怎么过日子 -你放弃过什么 埃琳娜 |
[39:06] | A love? A career? | 爱人 事业 |
[39:12] | A whole life? | 还是整个人生 |
[39:15] | Because you’d rather stand here, disparaging my daughter, | 因为你宁愿站在那 诋毁我女儿 |
[39:20] | instead of seeing the truth about your own. | 也不愿看清自己孩子的本质 |
[39:22] | You’re not to contact my daughter anymore. | 你不许再接触我女儿 |
[39:25] | Do not call Isabelle. | 不许给伊莎贝尔打电话 |
[39:26] | – Do not– – I’m talking about Lexie. | -不许… -我说的是莱克西 |
[39:31] | ‘Cause if she’d had the mother she deserved, | 因为她要是有个像样的母亲 |
[39:34] | she might have had the courage | 她也许就能有勇气 |
[39:36] | to put her own fucking name down at the clinic, | 在诊所用自己的名字 |
[39:39] | and she might not have needed to spend the night here in my arms | 也许就不用在我的怀里睡一夜 |
[39:43] | when her own fucking mother | 而她该死的母亲 |
[39:44] | was gallivanting at my parents’ house. | 当时却在我父母家里晃悠 |
[39:51] | – I want you out by the morning. – Okay. | -明天早上就给我搬走 -行 |
[40:02] | Elena. | 埃琳娜 |
[40:06] | Elena, what’s, what’s wrong? Are you okay? | 埃琳娜 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[40:09] | Wha… | 怎… |
[40:11] | Elena, what happened? | 埃琳娜 发生什么了 |
[40:38] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[40:44] | Were you at Mia’s? | 你去米娅家了吗 |
[40:46] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[40:47] | – You know it wasn’t Pearl, right? – Stop, stop. | -你知道不是珀尔的吧 -闭嘴 别说了 |
[40:51] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[41:13] | His name is Joe Ryan. | 他叫乔·瑞安 |
[41:19] | And I called him. | 我打给他了 |
[41:22] | But he didn’t answer. His wife did. | 但不是他接的电话 是他妻子 |
[41:25] | She is the woman who would have been your mother. | 她本来会是你妈妈 |
[41:28] | – Maybe a better one. – Mom… | -说不定是个更好的妈妈 -妈妈… |
[41:30] | Pearl, please. | 珀尔 求你了 |
[41:33] | Let me finish. | 让我说完吧 |
[41:51] | Wright is your real last name. | 怀特才是你的真姓 |
[41:57] | Warren was my brother’s name. | 沃伦是我弟弟的名字 |
[42:02] | I had a… | 我有过一个 |
[42:04] | fantastic brother. | 很优秀的弟弟 |
[42:08] | But he died. | 可他死了 |
[42:11] | And then, my parents disowned me. | 再之后 我父母就和我断绝了关系 |
[42:14] | And you were my everything. | 你就成了我的一切 |
[42:17] | And, um… | 然后 |
[42:19] | and then we came here, and it feels like all of that changed. | 我们来到了这里 一切似乎都不同以往 |
[42:26] | So sweetheart, I think that I gave Bebe our money, | 所以宝贝 我想我给贝比钱 |
[42:30] | because I needed to prove | 是因为我需要证明 |
[42:31] | that keeping you with me was the right thing to do. | 把你留在我身边是正确的选择 |
[42:34] | Because sometimes… | 因为有的时候 |
[42:37] | I don’t know. I don’t… | 我不知道 我不知道… |
[42:39] | I don’t know if it was right. | 这个选择到底对不对 |
[42:41] | I don’t know that if I had given you the choice, | 我不知道 如果你有选择的话 |
[42:43] | that you would have chosen me. | 你还会不会选择我 |
[42:48] | Come here. | 过来 |
[42:57] | You’re my mother. | 你是我妈妈 |
[43:02] | You’re always my mother. | 你永远都是我妈妈 |
[43:06] | No matter what. | 不管怎样 |
[43:16] | We can’t stay, can we? | 我们不能留下了 是吗 |
[43:22] | No, Pearl. I’m sorry. | 是的 珀尔 我很抱歉 |
[43:26] | But we don’t have to leave tonight. You can say good-bye to Trip. | 但我们不用今晚就走 你还能和崔普道别 |
[43:29] | Don’t. | 别说了 |
[43:31] | I’d, um… | 我宁愿… |
[43:35] | I’d just rather remember it how it was. | 我宁愿让一切停留在原本的模样 |
[43:39] | I mean, not just Trip, but-but Shaker. | 不只是崔普 还有西克尔 |
[43:45] | So, I’ll, um… | 我… |
[43:46] | I’ll pack up my room and– and the kitchen and you can– | 我去打包我房间和厨房的东西 你可以 |
[43:49] | No, no, no, no, no. Wait, wait, wait. | 不不不 等等 |
[43:52] | Before we do any packing… | 在我们打包之前 |
[43:57] | I was, um, just about to shoot something in my studio. | 我本来要在工作室拍点东西 |
[44:04] | Do you want to come in and see it? | 你想进来看看吗 |
[44:09] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -好啊 -好 |
[45:22] | Just give her time to settle. | 给她点时间适应 |
[45:27] | It’s over. | 都过去了 |
[45:29] | We don’t have to worry. | 我们不用再担心了 |
[45:32] | Come on, come on, come on. | 过来 来吧 |
[45:41] | Go to sleep. | 睡吧 |
[47:09] | Okay, where are we going? | 我们去哪里 |
[47:14] | What? | 什么 |
[47:18] | We could probably be in New York by morning. | 早上之前 我们可能就已经到纽约了 |
[47:23] | No. | 不 |
[47:26] | No, I, um, I know where I want to go. | 不 我知道我想去哪里 |
[48:09] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 不不不不不 |
[48:12] | No, she’s gone! | 不 她不见了 |
[48:15] | Mark! | 马克 |
[48:16] | – She’s gone! – What? | -她不见了 -什么 |
[48:18] | She took her. She’s gone! | 她把她带走了 她不见了 |
[48:19] | Who took her? What? | 谁把她带走了 你在说什么 |
[48:42] | Oh, my God, what are you doing? Izzy, give me that. | 天啊 你在干嘛 伊奇 把那个给我 |
[48:45] | – Mom, Dad, somebody help! – Stop! | -妈 爸 谁快来帮帮忙 -住手 |
[48:47] | This is your fault! – Izzy, stop! | -这都是你的错 -伊奇 住手 |
[48:48] | – What’s going on? – Izzy, stop! | -到底怎么回事 -伊奇 住手 |
[48:50] | – What is going on? – Trip, grab the matches. | -怎么回事 -崔普 快把火柴拿开 |
[48:51] | – Oh, my God. What are you thinking? – Stop! | -天啊 你想什么呢 -闭嘴 |
[48:53] | – What, what? – What are you doing? | -到底怎么了 -你要干嘛 |
[48:55] | Listen, she kicked Mia and Pearl out. | 听我说 她把米娅和珀尔赶出去了 |
[48:59] | – What do you mean? – Mia and Pearl are gone. | -你什么意思 -米娅和珀尔走了 |
[49:01] | – What do you mean she– – What do you mean, gone? | -什么叫她… -走了是什么意思 |
[49:02] | What is happening? | 怎么了 |
[49:04] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[49:04] | – Where did they go? – Where is Pearl? | -她们去哪了 -珀尔去哪了 |
[49:06] | I don’t know, what… | 我不知道 |
[49:08] | what are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[49:10] | She’s fine. She’s just upset, that’s all. | 她没事 她只是生气了 |
[49:11] | – Mom! – What is the matter with you? | -妈 -你有什么毛病 |
[49:13] | – Get off of me! – You need professional help! | -放开我 -你需要专业帮助 |
[49:16] | This infatuation with Mia, this crush. | 你对米娅都着迷了 |
[49:19] | It’s not a crush! | 那不是迷恋 |
[49:21] | That was April. She was my girlfriend for a fucking year! | 我迷恋的是艾普尔 我们当时交往了一整年 |
[49:25] | Mia was the one person who actually cared about me. | 米娅才是真正在乎我的人 |
[49:29] | I just wanted her to be my mom. A mom who actually loved me. | 我只是想让她做我妈妈 真正爱我的妈妈 |
[49:32] | A mom who is nothing like you! | 跟你完全不同的妈妈 |
[49:34] | Do you think I wanted a daughter like you? | 你以为我想要你这样的女儿吗 |
[49:37] | – I never wanted you in the first place! – Mom! | -我从一开始就不想要你 -妈 |
[50:02] | Izzy, wait. S-Stop. | 伊奇 等等 别走 |
[50:05] | Don’t go, don’t go. | 别走 别走 |
[50:07] | Please, please, please don’t go. You can’t leave. | 求你了 求你不要走 你不能走 |
[50:13] | I have to, okay? | 我必须走 |
[50:17] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[50:19] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[50:25] | Mom, what are you doing? Mom! | 妈 你要做什么 妈 |
[50:27] | What? | 干嘛 |
[50:28] | – What am I supposed to do? – I want you to fix it. | -我应该怎么做 -我要你做出弥补 |
[50:30] | – She’s gone. – Mom, go after her. | -她走了 -妈 去追她 |
[50:32] | – Do something! – Let her chase after Mia. | -做点什么 -让她去追米娅吧 |
[50:36] | – They deserve each other. – Mom, please. | -她们天生绝配 -妈 求你了 |
[50:39] | You think Izzy’s the fuck-up in this family but she’s not. | 你以为伊奇是害群之马 但她不是 |
[50:43] | I am. | 我才是 |
[50:45] | I used Pearl. I stole her story to get into Yale. | 我利用了珀尔 我偷了她的故事进入耶鲁 |
[50:47] | I wrote her name down at the clinic. | 在诊所我写了她的名字 |
[50:49] | Mom, I got pregnant. I got the abortion, not her. | 妈 我怀了孕 堕了胎 不是她 |
[50:53] | And I mean, I tried. | 我试过了 |
[50:54] | I really tried to tell you everything. | 我真的试过告诉你一切 |
[50:57] | There’s all of this pressure to be all of these things, | 在我身上的各种期望太大了 |
[50:59] | to be fucking perfect, but I’m not. | 要做到完美 但我并不是 |
[51:01] | – I’m not fucking perfect. – Yes, you are! | -我并不完美 -你就是 |
[51:08] | No, I’m not! | 不 我不是 |
[51:13] | – Fuck you! – The gas. | -去你的 -汽油 |
[51:15] | Fuck you. | 去死吧 |
[51:17] | Lexie, Lexie. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 莱克西 莱克西 等等 等等 |
[51:19] | Lexie, Lexie. Lexie, let go. | 莱克西 莱克西 松手 |
[51:22] | – Let go! – Do you want to live in this fucking house? | -松手 -你想住在这该死的房子里吗 |
[51:25] | Do you want to become her? | 你想成为她那样吗 |
[51:27] | Because that’s exactly what’s gonna happen. | 因为你绝对会变成她 |
[51:29] | Look at her. At who she is. | 看看她 看看她是什么人 |
[51:32] | Look at what she did to Mia and Pearl. I mean, look at us. | 看看她对米娅和珀尔做了什么 再看看我们 |
[51:40] | Maybe Izzy’s the only one who actually had it right. | 也许伊奇才是唯一一个一开始就看清楚的人 |
[52:48] | – Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom. – Leave me alone. | -妈 妈 -别烦我 |
[52:49] | You have to come now. You have to go now. | 你不许一起来 必须得走了 |
[52:51] | – No. – Now, the house is on fire. | -不 -房子着火了 |
[52:53] | – Come on, you have to go. – What? | -快点 必须走了 -什么 |
[52:56] | Go, go Moody, go! | 穆迪 快走 |
[53:00] | Mom, please. Come on. | 妈 求你了 快点 |
[54:20] | They found evidence of an accelerant. | 他们发现了促燃剂 |
[54:23] | Guys said when they went in, | 队员们说他们进去的时候 |
[54:24] | there were, uh, little fires everywhere. | 到处都是小火苗 |
[54:28] | What does that mean? | 那说明什么 |
[54:29] | Well, the fire didn’t just happen. It was set. | 火不是自己燃的 是有人纵火 |
[54:35] | Where’s Izzy? Is she, uh, is she around? | 伊奇在哪 她在吗 |
[54:38] | She doesn’t have anything to do with this, Lou. | 她跟这事没有关系 路 |
[54:40] | Okay, well, I’d just like to talk to her. | 好吧 我就是想跟她谈谈 |
[54:43] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[54:47] | We don’t know. | 我们不知道 |
[54:50] | Look, she’s a minor. | 她是未成年人 |
[54:52] | No other homes were damaged. | 没有其他房子受损 |
[54:56] | Elena. | 埃琳娜 |
[54:59] | Someone intentionally burned down your house with you inside. | 有人趁你在里面 蓄意放火烧你的房子 |
[55:04] | If Izzy didn’t do this, then who did? | 如果不是伊奇干的 那是谁 |
[55:11] | I did it. | 是我 |
[55:16] | What? | 什么 |
[55:22] | I did it. | 是我 |
[56:32] | Isabelle! Are you here? | 伊莎贝尔 你在吗 |
[56:36] | Isabelle! | 伊莎贝尔 |
[56:40] | Isabelle. | 伊莎贝尔 |
[56:46] | Isabelle! | 伊莎贝尔 |
[56:52] | I thought I wanted to be made of little girl things. | 我以为我想做个小女孩 |
[56:56] | Homecoming dances, kisses on doorsteps. | 参加返校节舞会 在门阶上和人亲亲 |
[57:01] | Fingertips almost touching in the air. | 指尖几乎在空中触碰 |
[57:08] | I thought I wanted to be made of the promises you made. | 我以为我想兑现你的承诺 |
[57:12] | Ones that tasted like ivory. | 那些承诺尝起来如象牙 |
[57:14] | Like strawberry. | 如草莓 |
[57:16] | And even like chocolate. | 甚至像巧克力 |
[57:25] | I thought I wanted to be made of fairy tale endings. | 我以为我想要童话般的结局 |
[57:32] | Where I’d never know what was real… | 我永远不知道什么是真实 |
[57:35] | or only a dream. | 或只是一场梦 |
[57:58] | So I dreamt that I belonged to you | 所以我梦到我属于你 |
[58:04] | because I knew you’d keep me safe from big girl things. | 因为我知道你会保护我不受大姑娘的事的伤害 |
[58:09] | Giant spiders… | 大蜘蛛 |
[58:13] | natural disasters, | 天灾 |
[58:16] | and unnatural ones too. | 还有人祸 |
[58:25] | I’ve never felt as safe | 和你一起关在笼子里 |
[58:27] | as I felt in that cage with you. | 我感到前所未有的安全 |
[58:29] | But when I started to wake up… | 但当我开始醒来时 |
[58:31] | I saw those gilded bars around us. | 我看到我们周围那些镀金的栅栏 |
[58:35] | And I couldn’t remember how it went in the dream. | 我不记得梦境是如何发展下去的了 |
[58:38] | This is it? | 就是这里吗 |
[58:44] | You should go in and meet them. | 你应该进去见见他们 |
[58:46] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好 -好 |
[58:51] | Mom… | 妈 |
[58:54] | would you mind reading something that I wrote? | 你要不要看看我写的东西 |
[58:59] | Yeah, sure. | 好啊 |
[59:02] | Yeah. | 好 |
[59:52] | Was I the bird? | 我是小鸟 |
[59:55] | Or was I the cage? | 还是说我是笼子 |
[59:59] | Was I myself? | 我是我自己 |
[1:00:03] | Or one of my mothers? | 还是我其中一位母亲 |
[1:00:10] | Was I safe? | 我安全 |
[1:00:15] | Or was I suffocating? | 还是我要窒息了 |
[1:00:22] | Because the bird is in a cage. | 因为小鸟关在笼子里 |
[1:00:26] | And the cage is in a town. | 笼子在小镇上 |
[1:00:29] | And the town is made of blinding white flour and beautiful lies. | 而小镇是由炫目的白色粉末和美丽的谎言而组成 |
[1:00:37] | And maybe we can’t help the things we dream of any more | 也许我们无法帮助我们梦想的东西 |
[1:00:40] | than we can help the stuff we’re made of, | 就像我们不能帮助我们所组成的事物一样 |
[1:00:44] | or maybe we can. | 或许我们可以 |
[1:00:47] | If we can finally see the lies and the town | 如果我们最终能看到谎言与小镇 |
[1:00:53] | and the cage we’re inside of, | 还有我们身处的牢笼 |
[1:00:57] | we can see so many other things, too. | 我们也能看到许多其他的事物 |
[1:01:01] | We can see the door. | 我们可以看到那扇门 |
[1:01:05] | A way out. | 一条出路 |
[1:01:09] | And we can fly away. | 我们可以一飞了之 |
[1:02:42] | Izzy. | 伊奇 |