| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Well, this can’t be good. | 这可不是个好征兆 |
| [00:04] | Secretary of State’s plane | 国务卿的飞机 |
| [00:06] | just went down over the Atlantic. | 在大西洋坠落了 |
| [00:07] | – I want you to step in. – Step into what? | -我想要你接手 -接手什么 |
| [00:09] | Secretary of State. | 国务卿 |
| [00:10] | Probably should’ve brought my own staff. | 也许我就该用自己的人 |
| [00:11] | – Probably. – But you know what, their boss had just died. | -也许吧 -不过他们的上司才刚刚身亡 |
| [00:13] | We couldn’t just clean house like that. | 不能就那么清理门户 |
| [00:15] | – It’s an encoded text. – Saying what? | -是一条加密短信 -上面说的什么 |
| [00:17] | It’s from George. | 是乔治发的 |
| [00:18] | Vincent Marsh’s plane crash was not an accident. | 文森特·马什的飞机事故根本不是意外 |
| [00:20] | Be careful, Bess. | 小心点 贝丝 |
| [00:21] | This is me not being a politician. | 这就是我作为非政治家的行事方式 |
| [00:23] | – Trust me. – You’d better be right about this. | -相信我 -你最好能把这事解决好 |
| [00:26] | I got the President to sign off. | 我得到了总统的批准 |
| [00:27] | How could you do that without my knowledge? | 你怎么能不请示我擅自行动 |
| [00:29] | By blatantly circumnavigating your authority. | 我就是公然地无视你的权威 |
| [00:32] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
| [00:33] | George is dead. | 乔治死了 |
| [00:34] | That wasn’t an accident. | 这不是一场意外 |
| [00:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
| [00:43] | Uh, sweetie, | 宝贝 |
| [00:44] | will you bring this in, please? | 麻烦你把这拿过去 |
| [00:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [00:50] | That’s wrong. | 这题做错了 |
| [00:51] | It is not! | 没错 |
| [00:53] | Fine. Leave it. | 好吧 那就这样吧 |
| [00:54] | What’s the answer? | 正确答案是什么 |
| [00:56] | You suck at math. | 你数学烂到家了 |
| [00:57] | – Hey! – Don’t say “Suck.” | -别乱说话 -不要说”烂”这个字 |
| [00:58] | Make him stop bothering me! | 让他别来烦我啦 |
| [00:59] | – Stop bothering your sister. – I was helping. | -别去烦你妹妹 -我是帮她 |
| [01:07] | Okay. | 躲好 |
| [01:08] | Stay here. | 待在这里 |
| [01:27] | 也门 美国大使馆 | |
| [02:11] | No. It’s this one. | 不 是这边这个手机 |
| [02:13] | – Give me this… – The landline. | -给我这个… -是座机 |
| [02:20] | Yes. Hello, hello? | 喂 你好 |
| [02:21] | Madam Secretary, at approximately 0800 hours local time, | 国务卿女士 大约在当地时间八点 |
| [02:25] | our embassy in Yemen | 我们驻也门大使馆 |
| [02:26] | came under heavy encroachment by a crowd of armed protestors. | 遭到了一群武装抗议者的侵占 |
| [02:31] | Define “encroachment”. | “侵占”是什么意思 |
| [02:32] | It means they breached our perimeter. | 他们破坏了我们的防御带 |
| [02:34] | We have reports of gunfire. | 我们接到了鸣枪的报告 |
| [02:37] | Are they still outside the compound? | 他们还在大使馆外吗 |
| [02:38] | Yes. And their numbers are growing. | 在 而且人数还在增加 |
| [02:40] | Okay, what’s the threat assessment? | 威胁评估呢 |
| [02:42] | The situation is still fluid. | 形势仍然不稳定 |
| [02:45] | Let me put it this way. | 这么说吧 |
| [02:46] | On a scale of one to ten, | 从一级到十级 |
| [02:48] | 2012年9月11日 电影《穆斯林的无知》预告片 引起阿拉伯世界的强烈愤怒与反感 致使美驻班加西领馆遭袭 | |
| [02:48] | how far are we from another Benghazi? | 跟班加西领事馆遇袭事件相比 算哪一级别 |
| [02:51] | Best guess… | 最乐观的猜测… |
| [02:53] | we’re looking at a seven. | 七级 |
| [02:56] | Okay, I’m gonna… | 好 我… |
| [02:58] | I’m gonna SIVITS in with Paul. | 我去跟保罗视频通话 |
| [03:00] | Put everybody on standby. | 让每个人保持待命 |
| [03:05] | Baptism by fire. | 战争的洗礼啊 |
| [03:08] | You were bored at the horse farm. | 是你觉得马场的生活太无聊了 |
| [03:10] | I was not. | 我没有 |
| [03:11] | There can’t have been more than 25 of them. | 还不到二十五个人 |
| [03:13] | Lots of yelling, shots in the air. | 很多人在呐喊示威 朝空中开枪 |
| [03:15] | Scared the hell out of us, | 吓是被吓坏了 |
| [03:16] | but it was the shock more than anything. | 主要是太出乎意料了 |
| [03:18] | So there haven’t been protests leading up to this? | 在这之前没有什么抗议吗 |
| [03:20] | Nothing. There was a drone strike | 没有 但昨天在阿比扬省 |
| [03:21] | in the Abyan Province yesterday, | 有一次无人机袭击 |
| [03:23] | which apparently set ’em all off. | 显然就是导火索 |
| [03:25] | But the Yemeni troops have it under control for now. | 也门部队现在已经控制住局势了 |
| [03:28] | Has the crowd dispersed now? | 人群驱散了吗 |
| [03:29] | No no, they’re still out there, but unarmed. | 没有 他们还在外面 但没有武器了 |
| [03:31] | They’re just chanting, you know. | 他们就是在反复地呐喊 |
| [03:32] | Standard “Death to America” stuff. | 经典的”美国末日”之类的 |
| [03:34] | These things have a way of picking up steam pretty quickly. | 这种事情必然会急速升温 愈演愈烈 |
| [03:37] | I’d feel better about it if you took a nice, | 你还是出境度个长假吧 |
| [03:39] | long diplomatic vacation. | 不然我还挺担心的 |
| [03:40] | I can’t do that. Cut and run at the first loud noise? | 我不能这么做 一出事我就急忙逃走吗 |
| [03:43] | That’s not part of the job description. | 工作要求上可没有这一点 |
| [03:44] | Well, at least let me get Jessica and the kids out. | 那至少让我把杰西卡和孩子接回来 |
| [03:46] | She’s way ahead of you on that one. | 她已经走了 |
| [03:48] | They’re on the first flight to D.C. | 他们已经在回华盛顿的第一班航班上了 |
| [03:50] | I’m gonna work on beefing up your security. | 我会设法加强你的安保 |
| [03:53] | It’s not necessary. | 没必要 |
| [03:54] | I’ll be the judge of that. | 这事我说了算 |
| [03:56] | Yes, ma’am, Madam Secretary. | 遵命 国务卿女士 |
| [04:08] | Director Munsey, what does the CIA have? | 蒙西局长 中情局查到什么了 |
| [04:10] | The drone strike in the Abyan Province was on a militant camp | 阿比扬省的无人机的打击目标是一处 |
| [04:12] | of fighters being trained to kill Americans. | 武装分子训练营 他们专门杀害美国人 |
| [04:13] | Al-Qaeda are claiming that three civilians were among the dead, | 基地组织宣称有三个平民被杀死了 |
| [04:16] | and are circulating photos of mangled women and children. | 并且在疯传死亡女人和儿童的照片 |
| [04:18] | The pictures are fake, but many local Yemenis believe them. | 照片是假的 但很多当地也门人相信了 |
| [04:21] | The crowd has doubled in size since yesterday. | 从昨天起人群规模已经翻倍 |
| [04:23] | The good news is that they’re much less volatile. | 好消息是他们稳定得多了 |
| [04:26] | There are no more reports of gunfire | 没再收到鸣枪的报告 |
| [04:28] | and the Yemeni Security Forces seem to have it in hand. | 也门安全部队似乎控制住了局面 |
| [04:31] | Well, that’s also the bad news. | 那也是坏消息 |
| [04:34] | Without active aggression, we’re gonna have a hard time | 他们不主动攻击 我们就很难有机会 |
| [04:35] | pushing the button on FAST. That’s Marine… | 出动FAST 即海军… |
| [04:38] | Marine Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Teams. I know. | 海军陆战队反恐安全小队 我知道 |
| [04:41] | I’ve been in a situation to recommend that action. | 我经历过建议出动他们的情况 |
| [04:44] | So you know how challenging it is to get it approved. | 那你就知道要获得批准有多难了 |
| [04:46] | Have the protestors given themselves a name? | 抗议者给自己起名字了吗 |
| [04:48] | Their clarion cry is “Death to America.” | 他们喊出来的是”美国末日” |
| [04:50] | Early intel was that they are not an organized group. | 早期情报说他们不是有组织的团体 |
| [04:52] | But they have been calling themselves | 但他们称自己为 |
| [04:54] | “Al mawt li Amreeka,” which means… | “消灭美国的人” 意思是… |
| [04:57] | “Death to America.” | “美国末日” |
| [04:58] | All right, so aside from a startling vocabulary, | 好吧 除了惊人的用词 |
| [05:01] | what else is in their arsenal? | 他们还有什么武器呢 |
| [05:02] | Handful of automatic weapons and a lot of enthusiasm. | 少量自动武器和无限的热情 |
| [05:05] | What about Paul? | 保罗呢 |
| [05:06] | What protection does he have other | 除了标准的海军陆战队警卫 |
| [05:08] | than the standard Marine Guard complement? | 他还有什么别的安保吗 |
| [05:10] | Ministry of the Interior has deployed | 内政部临时部署了 |
| [05:11] | a handful of troops for now. | 一小支部队 |
| [05:13] | They don’t have the resources to keep them there, | 但他们没有让部队留在那的资源 |
| [05:15] | let alone send more if the action escalates. | 更不用说要是局势升级增派人手了 |
| [05:16] | The ambassador’s office is still saying | 大使办公室依然坚持 |
| [05:18] | he doesn’t want reinforcements. | 不想要增援 |
| [05:22] | I know Paul. | 我认识保罗 |
| [05:23] | He was a visiting scholar when I was at UVA. | 我在弗吉尼亚大学时他来做过访问学者 |
| [05:26] | Wore cowboy boots with a suit and drove a Harley. | 他穿西装配牛仔靴 骑着哈雷摩托 |
| [05:29] | He’s not a man whose sense of environment you can trust. | 他对周遭情况的直觉可靠不住 |
| [05:31] | Is there any way to send extra Marines | 有办法增派陆战队员过去 |
| [05:33] | without declaring it an emergency? | 而不宣告紧急情况吗 |
| [05:34] | No no, not without going through Everard Burke. | 没有 不可能绕过埃弗拉德·伯克 |
| [05:36] | Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. | 他是参议院拨款委员会的主席 |
| [05:39] | Fighting off Jihad is a cakewalk | 比起圣战活动 |
| [05:41] | compared to getting anything past him. | 他这个人更难搞定 |
| [05:42] | What kind of guy is he? | 他是个什么样的人 |
| [05:43] | Slow, methodical… | 慢性子 条理化… |
| [05:46] | cheap. | 小家子气 |
| [05:47] | It’ll take us a month to get a meeting. | 要见他得等一个月 |
| [05:48] | I mean, what does he like? | 我是说 他喜欢什么 |
| [05:50] | Fruit baskets? Steak? | 水果篮 牛排 |
| [05:52] | Is flirting gonna get me anywhere? | 跟他调情有用吗 |
| [05:55] | Everybody has a weakness. | 谁都有弱点 |
| [06:01] | Nice shot. | 好球 |
| [06:03] | You’re up, Congressman. | 该你了 议员先生 |
| [06:17] | Nice shot. | 好球 |
| [06:20] | Congressman Burke? Elizabeth McCord. | 伯克议员 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
| [06:22] | We haven’t officially been introduced. | 我们还没有正式认识过 |
| [06:26] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
| [06:27] | I was told I might find you out here. | 有人告诉我能在这儿找到你 |
| [06:29] | You play? | 你打高尔夫吗 |
| [06:31] | Uh, I was raised in Virginia | 我在弗吉尼亚长大 |
| [06:33] | by a man who wanted sons. | 我父亲一直想要个儿子 |
| [06:35] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
| [06:36] | You know, now that I have you, I was wondering | 既然我见到你了 我在想 |
| [06:38] | if maybe we might talk a little business? | 我们能否谈点正事 |
| [06:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
| [06:42] | We have a situation at the embassy in Yemen. | 我们在也门的大使馆出了点问题 |
| [06:45] | Yes, I’ve heard about that. | 对 我听说了 |
| [06:47] | I want to bring in some military personnel | 我想派些军事人员过去 |
| [06:50] | on the ground for protection. | 进行保卫工作 |
| [06:51] | Sounds expensive. | 听起来得花不少钱 |
| [06:52] | Uh, not a full unit. | 不需要充足单位 |
| [06:54] | Special ops forces. 50 guys. | 特种部队 五十人就好 |
| [06:56] | Madam Secretary, I am sure that, uh, your boss is aware | 国务卿女士 我确信你老板很清楚 |
| [06:59] | that he’s coming up against a hard deadline | 从阿富汗撤军的截止期限 |
| [07:01] | for pulling troops out of Afghanistan? | 就快要到了 |
| [07:03] | – Yes. – Well, uh, that involves | -是的 -那要涉及到 |
| [07:05] | a lot of military personnel. | 大量的军事人员 |
| [07:06] | And that’s not cheap. | 那可不便宜 |
| [07:08] | You think war is expensive? | 你觉得战争很费钱 |
| [07:12] | Wait until you get a load of peace. | 等着看看和平怎么样吧 |
| [07:13] | Well, perhaps if I could get you to read the briefs | 我能请求你读一下 |
| [07:15] | that I sent over from my office? | 我办公室发给你的简报吗 |
| [07:16] | I’ve read them. | 已经读过了 |
| [07:18] | The answer is no. | 回答是不行 |
| [07:22] | Uh, I was, uh, gonna take a mulligan. | 我本想再加一杆 |
| [07:25] | Why don’t you play through? | 你来打这杆如何 |
| [07:26] | No, that-that’s all right. You go ahead. | 不了 没关系 你打吧 |
| [07:27] | No, no really. | 别 说真的 |
| [07:29] | I insist. | 你还是来打一杆吧 |
| [08:13] | Thanks for your time. | 抱歉占用你的时间了 |
| [08:19] | Now, what makes you think this is large scale aggression | 你为什么觉得这次是大规模袭击 |
| [08:21] | as opposed to small scale irritation? | 而不是小规模的愤怒宣泄 |
| [08:23] | 12 years of working in the CIA under you. | 就因为在中情局时我在你手下干了十二年 |
| [08:26] | I was trained to recognize a global hot spot. | 我受过训练 能分辨出全球性的紧急状况 |
| [08:28] | Give me the criteria. | 跟我说说你的判断依据 |
| [08:29] | Organization. | 他们是有组织的 |
| [08:30] | These guys have given themselves a name. | 这些人还给自己起了名字 |
| [08:32] | A modest show of retaliation. | 很谦虚地表示报复倾向 |
| [08:35] | But the Marine Guard, they’re not allowed to engage. | 但是海军陆战队警卫 他们不允许参与镇压 |
| [08:38] | This group doesn’t understand that. | 这伙人不明白这一点 |
| [08:39] | They perceive it as weakness. | 他们以为这是我们软弱的表现 |
| [08:40] | Yeah. And news coverage is increasing, | 而且新闻报道也越来越多 |
| [08:42] | which adds validity to their cause. | 让他们更占理了 |
| [08:44] | It’s a solid ground for precaution, | 确实应该做出预防措施 |
| [08:46] | but doesn’t qualify as a dire security threat. | 但是这还算不上极端恐怖威胁 |
| [08:48] | There are protests outside embassies all over the world. | 全世界的大使馆外都有抗议在进行 |
| [08:50] | We have a Naval base in Djibouti. | 我们在吉布提有一个海军基地 |
| [08:52] | If things get worse, | 如果局势恶化 |
| [08:53] | we could have troops there | 我们的军队可以在 |
| [08:54] | in an hour and a half. | 一个半小时内抵达 |
| [08:55] | Yeah exactly. An hour and a half. | 没错 一个半小时 |
| [08:57] | We’re preparing to pull troops out of Afghanistan. | 我们正准备从阿富汗撤军 |
| [09:00] | Sending the cavalry to Yemen without sufficient provocation | 没有受到任何挑衅就向也门派遣部队 |
| [09:02] | delivers entirely the wrong message. | 会被视为言行不一 |
| [09:04] | It looks like a shell game. | 有点像一场骗局 |
| [09:05] | I agree. | 我同意 |
| [09:06] | Then I recommend pulling | 那我建议 |
| [09:08] | Ambassador Wellington out of there. | 将威灵顿大使撤离也门 |
| [09:10] | Not an option. | 不可能 |
| [09:11] | That’s worse than sending forces. | 那比派兵还要严重 |
| [09:12] | It’s tantamount to an act of war. | 这一举动形同发动战争 |
| [09:14] | I think that’s an exaggeration. | 你这么说有点夸张了 |
| [09:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
| [09:17] | We once had diplomatic relations with you, | 我们以前同你建立了多项外交关系 |
| [09:18] | now we’re shutting down the embassy we have none? | 现在我们要关闭大使馆 断绝一切来往 |
| [09:21] | That’s not an invitation to a sleepover. | 这可不是邀请谁来过家家 |
| [09:23] | We’re not braiding each other’s hair after that. | 我们之后可不会互相编辫子了 |
| [09:25] | She gets the point, Russell. | 她明白了 拉塞尔 |
| [09:27] | Bess, I can’t make a move here. | 贝丝 我不能下令行动 |
| [09:28] | My hands are tied. | 我也没有办法 |
| [09:30] | I have to kick this over to State. | 我只能把这件事交给国务院 |
| [09:32] | The situation has to be resolved | 现在的局势一定要解决 |
| [09:33] | and it can’t look like a military action. | 而且绝不可以表现为军事行动 |
| [09:35] | How you get that accomplished is up to you. | 要怎么解决由你决定 |
| [09:37] | It’s your call. | 你说了算 |
| [09:45] | So, when he says it’s my call, | 他说是我说了算 |
| [09:49] | what does he mean by that? | 他这话是什么意思 |
| [09:51] | He means it’s your ass. | 他的意思是 出了事你兜着 |
| [10:14] | Got a call from Everard Burke’s office. | 埃弗拉德·伯克办公室来电了 |
| [10:15] | He was a little taken aback | 你们在高尔夫球场相遇之事 |
| [10:16] | by your encounter on the golf course. | 让他有点不知所措 |
| [10:18] | Oh, what can I say? | 我还能说什么 |
| [10:19] | I’m a beast off the tee. | 我的球技就是有如洪水猛兽啊 |
| [10:22] | My short game would’ve made him relax. | 我的短杆发球就没那么厉害了 |
| [10:24] | All jokes aside, Madam Secretary. | 先不开玩笑 国务卿女士 |
| [10:26] | There’s a concern that you might be overreacting | 对于也门的局势 有人担忧 |
| [10:28] | to the situation in Yemen. | 你可能反应过度了 |
| [10:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢告知 |
| [10:31] | Do you have any actual intel on the situation? | 你有什么靠谱的情报吗 |
| [10:33] | Not much change. | 没有新进展 |
| [10:34] | Crowd’s about the same. | 还是那群人 |
| [10:37] | Here. This is the only photograph of George I’ve got. | 给你 这是我唯一的一张乔治的照片 |
| [10:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
| [10:44] | When we cleaned out his desk at Langley, | 我们在兰格利收拾他的办公桌时 |
| [10:46] | we couldn’t find anything. | 什么都没找到 |
| [10:48] | He left no paper trail, like he never existed. | 他没留下任何书面信息 像他从未存在过一样 |
| [10:51] | Well, he was good at his job. | 他很擅长他的工作 |
| [10:54] | I didn’t want to put together a memorial without a recent photo. | 我不想他的追悼会上连一张近照都没有 |
| [10:56] | I will get this back to you. | 我会还给你的 |
| [10:59] | Hey, Andrew, you know, we, uh… | 安德鲁 我们… |
| [11:01] | we never got a chance to talk about George’s accident. | 我们还没有机会谈一下乔治的事故 |
| [11:06] | Just wanted to know that The Company handled it properly. | 我只是想知道中情局妥善处理了 |
| [11:08] | I’m not sure I follow. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
| [11:10] | He’s a former operative | 他是名前特工 |
| [11:11] | who died in a dramatic single-car collision. | 死于一场离奇的车祸 |
| [11:15] | I trust you handled the investigation. | 我相信你一定仔细调查了 |
| [11:19] | You checked his online history, e-mail, | 你检查了他的上网记录 邮件 |
| [11:22] | bank accounts, professional correspondence… | 银行账户和工作往来人员 |
| [11:26] | Just tell me you looked into it. | 你调查过了吧 |
| [11:28] | Thoroughly. | 彻彻底底地 |
| [11:28] | Of course we did. | 当然了 |
| [11:30] | And you’re satisfied with the results. | 你对调查结果满意吗 |
| [11:32] | I know what you’re getting at. | 我知道你想说什么 |
| [11:34] | Unfortunately, there was too much damage to the body | 不幸的是 他的尸体损伤太严重 |
| [11:36] | to test for substances. | 不能做物质检验 |
| [11:38] | He was hitting the bottle pretty hard there toward the end. | 他生前还有严重的酗酒问题 |
| [11:41] | I don’t think we can count it out, | 这个原因也不能排除掉 |
| [11:43] | but we’ll never really know. | 但是也说不准 |
| [11:44] | Of course, the official word is just an accident. | 当然了 官方说辞只是意外而已 |
| [11:48] | Of course. | 当然了 |
| [12:00] | So… | 好了 |
| [12:00] | I struck out with Mr. Burke | 我被伯克先生拒绝了 |
| [12:02] | and the President has put the ball in my court. | 总统又把决定权交到了我手上 |
| [12:05] | We need to come up with a solution to Yemen. | 也门那边我们得想出对策 |
| [12:07] | It needs to be fast and it needs to be something | 一定要能快速解决 |
| [12:09] | that we can push the button on ourselves. | 并且能由我们自己启动 |
| [12:11] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
| [12:12] | we have another problem. | 我们又有麻烦了 |
| [12:14] | Since when? | 什么时候 |
| [12:15] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
| [12:16] | The headline was on the Policy POV startup page. | 《政策观点网》首页上的头条 |
| [12:19] | There are mentions everywhere, | 已经被四处引用 |
| [12:20] | including the Post and the Times. | 包括《每日邮报》和《时代》 |
| [12:22] | There’s also footage on YouTube and TMZ. | YouTube和《TMZ》上也有视频 |
| [12:25] | “Secretary of State’s Daughter Leads Lovell University Protest, | “国务卿之女带头洛弗尔大学抗议 |
| [12:28] | “Detained By Security.” | “已被保安控制” |
| [12:29] | Yes, I can read. | 我自己会读 |
| [12:30] | Any idea why she’s decided to come out of hiding? | 您知道她为什么会决定不再躲藏吗 |
| [12:33] | Wait. | 等等 |
| [12:34] | You have a hidden daughter? | 您有个藏起来的女儿吗 |
| [12:35] | She’s not hidden. | 不是藏 |
| [12:36] | She’s underrepresented. | 只是很低调罢了 |
| [12:37] | It was in the official bio. | 简历里有提到 |
| [12:38] | It was in all the papers during the confirmation hearing. | 审议听证会的文件里也都有 |
| [12:40] | It’s not her fault the public has the | 公众记性不好 |
| [12:42] | long-term memory of a goldfish. | 又不是她的错 |
| [12:45] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
| [12:47] | you’ve never mentioned her before. | 您从未提起过她 |
| [12:48] | So even if you’re not trying to hide her, | 所以即使你并不是刻意隐藏她 |
| [12:50] | it’s like you’re trying to hide her. | 也像是欲盖弥彰 |
| [12:53] | When I talked to the family about taking this job, | 当我跟家人讨论是否接受这份工作时 |
| [12:55] | everyone agreed, but Stephanie had conditions. | 所有人都同意了 但是斯蒂芬有些要求 |
| [12:59] | She didn’t want to be talked about in the press, | 她不想被媒体谈论 |
| [13:01] | she didn’t want to trotted out for functions | 不想被形式化地曝光 |
| [13:03] | and she didn’t want to be hounded by reporters. | 也不想被记者跟踪 |
| [13:05] | She asked that I keep her presence low-profile. | 所以她请我对她的事保持低调 |
| [13:08] | She’s a legal adult, she’s in college, | 她是成年了 在上大学 |
| [13:10] | and she wants to live her own life. I respect that. | 她想要过属于自己的生活 我尊重这点 |
| [13:13] | Then how did she go from Greta Garbo | 那她怎么会从葛丽泰·嘉宝 |
| [13:14] | to Erin Brockovich overnight? | 一夜之间就成了《永不妥协》女主了 |
| [13:16] | Well, that I can’t explain. | 这我也没法解释 |
| [13:18] | She’s never been outwardly political. | 她从没表现出对政治感兴趣 |
| [13:20] | Doesn’t sound like her. What’s the issue? | 听起来不像她 具体怎么回事 |
| [13:22] | Lovell University is changing its admissions policy | 洛弗尔大学对入学政策做了调整 |
| [13:24] | from Need Blind to Need Aware, | 从无资金需求变成了资金需求 |
| [13:26] | which means a student’s ability to pay | 也就是说学生能不能付得起学费 |
| [13:28] | will be taken into consideration. | 被列入录取考虑范围 |
| [13:29] | She’s against it. | 她反对这点 |
| [13:31] | It’s a worthy cause. | 这挺有意义的啊 |
| [13:32] | The cause isn’t the issue. | 问题不在这里 |
| [13:34] | Fine. You want me to talk to her | 好吧 你想让我跟她谈谈 |
| [13:36] | and explain why the Secretary of State’s daughter | 跟她解释为什么国务卿的女儿 |
| [13:38] | can’t be doing things like this? | 不能参与这一类的事 |
| [13:41] | And we need to release a statement. | 我们得发表声明 |
| [13:42] | Explaining your mystery daughter. | 解释清楚您这神秘的女儿 |
| [13:44] | Not a mystery daughter. | 不是神秘的女儿 |
| [13:46] | By “mystery” do you mean born out of wedlock or sired by aliens? | 你说”神秘”是指未婚先孕还是外星人生的 |
| [13:49] | Well, we’d like to remove all doubt | 不论是哪种猜测 |
| [13:51] | about either of those speculations. | 我们都得打消外界的疑虑 |
| [13:53] | Knock yourself out. | 随便你 |
| [13:55] | Can we talk about matters of national security now? | 我们能不能回到国家大事上了 |
| [13:58] | – Please? – Sure. | -拜托 -当然 |
| [13:59] | But the situation in Yemen is not a long discussion. | 但也门现在的情况也没什么好讨论的 |
| [14:01] | If we can’t pull Wellington out | 我们要是没办法说服威灵顿 |
| [14:03] | and we can’t send in military support, | 也无法派遣军事支援 |
| [14:04] | what do we have to talk about? | 还有什么好说的 |
| [14:08] | The last resort. | 最后手段 |
| [14:10] | We have a discretionary fund. | 我们有自主资金 |
| [14:13] | I’d like to think about hiring private security contractors. | 我想聘请私人雇佣军 |
| [14:16] | Okay, come on. | 别开玩笑了 |
| [14:19] | You mean, like Vesuvian? | 您是说像维苏威那样的吗 |
| [14:22] | I mean exactly like Vesuvian. | 就是维苏威 |
| [14:24] | – That might be a problem. – I’m aware. | -那可能有点问题 -我清楚 |
| [14:27] | We are talking about the people you referred to | 我们在说的可是你一年前 |
| [14:29] | a year ago in a national publication as… | 在全国报刊上口口声声说是 |
| [14:33] | “The latest guise of Satan, | “撒旦最新的伪装 |
| [14:34] | “bloodless mercenaries who serve and protect | “受赤裸的野心驱使 |
| [14:36] | “and kill out of naked ambition | “进行保护和杀戮 |
| [14:38] | “rather than honor or duty, | “而非是为了荣誉或职责而战 |
| [14:39] | “while cashing a check three times the size | “并收取比军队中任何人 |
| [14:41] | “of anyone in military service.” | “高出两倍的高昂费用” |
| [14:44] | I really thought I’d cut the Satan line. | 我一直以为我没说撒旦那句 |
| [14:46] | The press will jump all over that. | 媒体肯定会群起而攻之 |
| [14:48] | And my crack team will handle it brilliantly. | 我的智囊团肯定能机智地化解难题 |
| [14:51] | Look, on an ideological level, | 听着 意识形态上讲 |
| [14:53] | I’m opposed to everything a private army stands for. | 我反对私人军队的任何理念 |
| [14:56] | But there is a reason they exist. | 但他们的存在是有原因的 |
| [14:59] | Given our limited options, | 现在我们走投无路了 |
| [15:01] | this would be the most efficient way to keep the ambassador safe. | 这样能最有效地保障大使的安全 |
| [15:04] | And unless I’m missing something, | 除非我漏掉了什么信息 |
| [15:07] | right now it’s the only way. | 现在就只有这个解决办法 |
| [15:19] | You guys are really overreacting. | 我真的觉得你们反应过激了 |
| [15:21] | I wasn’t arrested — I was detained by the campus security. | 我没有被捕 只是被校警拘留了 |
| [15:25] | For like an hour. | 只拘留了一个小时吧 |
| [15:26] | I understand that, but… | 我知道 但是 |
| [15:28] | And the Need Aware Policy is so screwed up. | 考虑需求政策实在是丧心病狂 |
| [15:31] | I have a right to speak up | 我有权对我认为不对的事情 |
| [15:33] | against things that I believe are wrong. | 表达反对意见 |
| [15:36] | Speak up? Yes. | 表达反对意见 可以 |
| [15:37] | Organize a protest? | 但组织抗议 |
| [15:39] | That was not part of the agreement. | 我们当时可没同意你做这个 |
| [15:42] | Is that Mom talking? | 是妈妈让你这样说的吗 |
| [15:43] | No, actually, it’s the State Department. | 不 是国务院这样说的 |
| [15:47] | And as head of that, I guess, yeah. | 身为他们的领导 也算是她说的吧 |
| [15:49] | Look, just… | 听我说 |
| [15:52] | try to stay below the radar until Thanksgiving | 感恩节前你先保持低调 |
| [15:54] | when we can all talk about this, okay? | 我们到时再一起谈谈这件事 好吗 |
| [15:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
| [15:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [16:05] | Okay, here’s the latest Stephanie McCord business. | 这是斯蒂芬妮·麦考德事件的最新报道 |
| [16:08] | Most popular headline, some version of | 现在最火的标题是这样写的 |
| [16:10] | “It’s A Girl! Madam Secretary Welcomes a Newborn Adult Daughter.” | “新生女 国务卿女士新生的成年女儿” |
| [16:13] | There’s an article saying she’s illegally adopted, | 有篇文章说她是被非法收养的 |
| [16:15] | one saying she’s a Communist, | 有人说她是共产党 |
| [16:17] | and another saying she’s a love child. | 还有人说她是私生女 |
| [16:19] | Exact words. | 这是原话 |
| [16:20] | Wait, here’s one randomly demanding to see Madam Secretary’s | 等等 这里有一人要求国务卿女士出示 |
| [16:23] | birth certificate and her college records. | 她的出生证明和大学记录 |
| [16:24] | All right, you knew it would be ugly. | 行了 早就知道会很难堪 |
| [16:26] | It’s one news cycle, one uncomfortable late-night circuit. | 过了这个周期就好了 难受只是暂时的 |
| [16:29] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
| [16:30] | She has to put out a statement now. | 她现在必须站出来发表声明 |
| [16:31] | – She doesn’t have time. – Why? What’s she doing? | -她没时间 -为什么 她在忙什么 |
| [16:33] | – Meeting with Satan. – More specific, please? | -和撒旦会面 -你能说得具体点吗 |
| [16:36] | Oh, Isaac Bishop. | 我是说艾萨克·毕晓普 |
| [16:36] | The CEO of Vesuvian. | 维苏威的执行总裁 |
| [16:37] | The private security for Yemen. | 为也门之事安排的私人警卫集团 |
| [16:40] | Oh. That Satan. | 那个撒旦啊 |
| [16:41] | I met with him. He seems like a nice guy. | 我见过他了 他看起来很和善 |
| [16:43] | That’s how he gets you. | 这样他才能迷惑到你 |
| [16:45] | I’ve come up with a threat assessment evaluation | 根据您的备忘录和视频片段 |
| [16:47] | based on your memo and the film footage. | 我做了危险评测 |
| [16:49] | Fifty men on the ground should do it. | 派出五十个陆军士兵应该就够了 |
| [16:51] | Put some in the air if you feel it’s necessary, | 如果您觉得有必要 可以布置一些空军 |
| [16:53] | and then a helo or two on standby | 为防发生紧急撤离的情况 |
| [16:55] | in case of a sudden evacuation. | 再派一两架直升机待命 |
| [16:57] | One should do it. | 一架就够了 |
| [16:58] | We’ve pulled most of the personnel. | 我们已经派出了大部分能出动的兵力 |
| [17:00] | The point is not to let it get to that. | 最好不需要用到他们 |
| [17:03] | Our whole approach is to demonstrate our ability | 我们所采取的方法就是展现出 |
| [17:05] | and willingness to use force, | 我们动用武力的能力和意愿 |
| [17:06] | so that we don’t have to. | 以达到不动武的目的 |
| [17:08] | I have your word on that. | 你这可是向我保证了 |
| [17:10] | Of course. | 当然了 |
| [17:12] | Can I ask you how you plan to handle the financial end? | 我能问下您准备怎么付款吗 |
| [17:15] | We have a discretionary fund. | 我们有自主资金 |
| [17:18] | This’ll classify as a home improvement. | 这项行动花费会被归为内部改善花费 |
| [17:20] | Happy to pave over the money trail accordingly. | 我很乐意按您所说的方式秘密交易 |
| [17:22] | No. | 不 |
| [17:23] | I’m not afraid if this becomes public. | 我并不怕这件事被曝光出去 |
| [17:26] | So the illusion of transparency? | 是要给大众一种知道真相的错觉吗 |
| [17:30] | No, Mr. Bishop, actual transparency. | 不 毕晓普先生 是真的让他们知道 |
| [17:34] | I’m happy to defend actions that protect our people. | 我很乐意为保护人民的行动做辩解 |
| [17:36] | And making the ambassador’s home safer | 让大使的家变得更加安全 |
| [17:39] | qualifies as an improvement, don’t you think? | 不就是一种内部改善吗 |
| [17:43] | Maybe I’ll throw in a fountain. | 也许我还能送他一个喷泉 |
| [17:45] | If anyone is well-acquainted with your code of ethics, | 要说谁熟知国务卿女士您的职业道德 |
| [17:48] | Madam Secretary, it is “the new guise of Satan”. | 一定会是”撒旦最新的伪装” |
| [17:50] | I didn’t actually call you Satan. | 我可没说你是撒旦 |
| [17:53] | No, no. Just my life’s work. | 也是 您指的只是我一辈子的心血 |
| [17:55] | I was in academia then. | 我那时还在学校任教 |
| [17:57] | I have a different job now. | 我现在有完全不同的工作 |
| [17:59] | Right. | 是的 |
| [18:00] | You’re a diplomat. | 您是外交家 |
| [18:02] | I’m responsible for the safety of our employees overseas. | 我要对我们海外员工的安全负责 |
| [18:08] | I understand. | 我理解 |
| [18:09] | Desperate times, desperate measures and all of that. | 非常时期 非常措施嘛 |
| [18:12] | We’ll let Shakespeare have the last word on that, shall we? | 我们别争辩了 就让莎士比亚压轴吧 |
| [18:16] | How’s it feel? | 感觉如何 |
| [18:18] | To make a deal with the devil? | 与魔鬼做交易 |
| [18:21] | Thank you, Mr. Bishop. | 毕晓普先生 谢谢你 |
| [18:33] | Do not come near me with that. | 别拿着那个过来 |
| [18:36] | Don’t. | 别 |
| [18:38] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
| [18:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
| [18:43] | Can you really not give work a break? | 你就不能从工作中喘口气吗 |
| [18:44] | I am. | 我有 |
| [18:45] | I’m-I’m…I’m shopping. | 我 我在购物呢 |
| [18:48] | It’s weird. | 真奇怪 |
| [18:49] | Nobody’s doing a wedge heel this fall. | 今年秋天好像不流行坡跟鞋了 |
| [18:50] | Right? Seriously. I called my congressman. | 就是啊 搞什么 为此我都联系议员了 |
| [18:58] | What are you doing here, Norma Rae? | 你怎么来了 诺玛·雷 |
| [19:00] | Go ahead. | 说吧说吧 |
| [19:01] | Get it out of your system. | 就知道你憋不住想说我 |
| [19:02] | I just needed the one. I’m good. | 我已经说完了 一句就够了 |
| [19:04] | I’m good. | 我好着呢 |
| [19:05] | How did you get here so fast? I just talked to you. | 你怎么这么快就到了 刚和你通过话呢 |
| [19:08] | I know. | 是啊 |
| [19:09] | I hung up and I suddenly realized what I needed to do. | 我挂了电话 突然意识到我该做什么 |
| [19:12] | I quit. | 我退了 |
| [19:13] | You quit what? | 退了什么 |
| [19:14] | College. | 大学 |
| [19:16] | Is there any more of that? | 这个还有多的吗 |
| [19:19] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
| [19:29] | I can’t believe you don’t even have a room for me. | 真不敢相信你们没准备我的房间 |
| [19:32] | You have a room. | 你有房间 |
| [19:33] | It just happens to be filled with boxes at the moment. | 只不过正巧放满了纸箱子 |
| [19:35] | Don’t get any ideas about sharing a room with me. | 你可别想和我挤一间睡 |
| [19:38] | Don’t worry. | 少操这份心了 |
| [19:38] | You know, for what it’s worth, | 我个人来看 |
| [19:40] | I applaud you for pulling out of a corrupt system. | 我要为你脱离腐败体系而喝彩 |
| [19:43] | – Thank you. – Okay. Time for bed. | -谢谢你 -好了 该上床睡觉了 |
| [19:45] | – Let’s go. You two, upstairs please. – Out. | -走啦 你俩快上楼 -出去 |
| [19:49] | So you need the Wi-Fi password or anything? | 你需要无线网的密码吗 还是什么别的 |
| [19:51] | I’m good, Dad. | 没事 爸爸 |
| [19:52] | Not that we want you posting on Facebook… | 我的意思不是说希望你把这事挂在Facebook上 |
| [19:55] | Okay. Your turn. | 好吧 你来吧 |
| [20:01] | Okay… | 好吧 |
| [20:02] | can we save the lecture for the morning? | 能明早再对我进行教育吗 |
| [20:04] | Sure. | 好啊 |
| [20:06] | I think you know what I’m gonna say. | 我觉得你知道我要说什么 |
| [20:08] | Mom, the Need Aware Policy means | 妈妈 资金需求政策意味着 |
| [20:10] | that you can buy your degree. | 你能用钱买到你的文凭 |
| [20:12] | It doesn’t make you qualified to do anything. | 而不能代表你真正有能力 |
| [20:15] | Meanwhile, as I’m sure you’re aware, | 同时 我相信你也清楚 |
| [20:17] | there’s a dearth of employees | 在很多需要实际动手操作的领域上 |
| [20:18] | in a whole host of hands-on professions. | 从业人员非常稀缺 |
| [20:20] | Yes. Large machinery mechanics. | 没错 大型机械产业 |
| [20:22] | You plan on working on tractors? | 你准备以后去开拖车吗 |
| [20:25] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do yet. | 我还不清楚我以后想干什么 |
| [20:26] | I need more than half a day to think about it. | 不可能半天之内就什么都想好了吧 |
| [20:28] | Well, let me take the mystery out of it for you. | 那让我为你解决这个问题吧 |
| [20:30] | You’re going back to college. | 你要回大学上课 |
| [20:32] | Not back to Lovell. | 我不会回洛弗尔了 |
| [20:33] | I alerted my advisors and signed the forms. | 我跟我的辅导员说过了 也签了表格了 |
| [20:38] | Your cerebral cortex isn’t fully formed | 在你二十五岁之前 |
| [20:40] | until you’re 25 years old. | 你的大脑皮层都还没发育完全 |
| [20:42] | That’s the decision-making part of your brain. | 那就是你大脑中负责做决定的部分 |
| [20:46] | That’s science. | 这是有科学依据的 |
| [20:48] | Good night, Mom. | 晚安 妈妈 |
| [22:02] | Weapon down! | 放下武器 |
| [22:09] | There’s going to be fallout | 她雇用了维苏威 |
| [22:10] | from her hiring Vesuvian. | 这肯定会引起一阵骚乱 |
| [22:12] | Look, I know that’s just amusing to the rest of you, | 我知道对你们来说这只是个笑话 |
| [22:14] | but I gotta write the actual statement. | 可是正式的声明可是要我来写 |
| [22:16] | It’s an easy spin. | 小菜一碟嘛 |
| [22:17] | There’s a difference between philosophical thought, | 思想 学术和实际应用之间 |
| [22:19] | academia and practical application: | 还是有很大区别的 |
| [22:22] | work in action. | 执行实事是不同的 |
| [22:24] | Well, if it’s so…easy, | 既然你说得这么简单 |
| [22:26] | why don’t you give me the headline to that? | 不如你直接给我写个头条好了 |
| [22:28] | “Secretary of State Discovers that Doing | “国务卿惊人大发现 |
| [22:30] | “is More Challenging than Talking about Doing”? | “动手比动嘴皮子更难” |
| [22:33] | And we still have to explain the mystery daughter. | 我们还得解释下这个神秘女儿 |
| [22:36] | Not a mystery daughter. | 不是神秘女儿 |
| [22:37] | Blake…everyone appreciates your allegiance to your boss. | 布莱克 大家都很钦佩你对你上司的忠心 |
| [22:41] | Well, she is not my boss, she’s our boss. | 她不单单是我的上司 还是大家的上司 |
| [22:43] | The fact is, she publicly denounced Vesuvian | 事实就是如此 她先公开谴责了维苏威 |
| [22:45] | and now she’s employing them. | 现在又准备雇用他们 |
| [22:46] | We all have to figure out a way to explain that. | 我们得想个说法把这事圆回来 |
| [22:49] | Well, call me goofy, but I’m going with, | 可能是我单纯 不过我想到的是 |
| [22:50] | “She’s Concerned with the Personal Safety | “她很关心国务院官员的 |
| [22:52] | of a State Department Official”? | 个人人身安全” |
| [22:54] | You’re goofy. | 你好单纯 |
| [22:54] | Let’s not get lost in the weeds. | 我们别跑偏了 |
| [22:57] | We have to sell Vesuvian | 我们既要推销维苏威 |
| [22:58] | and defend her daughter’s behavior. | 还要维护她女儿的行为 |
| [23:01] | First order of business… | 首先要考虑的 |
| [23:03] | the situation in Yemen. | 是在也门发生的状况 |
| [23:05] | Oh, it was pretty quiet there this morning — | 今天上午那边挺安静的 |
| [23:06] | it looks like employing Vesuvian was a knee-jerk move; | 看来雇佣维苏威是个草率的选择 |
| [23:08] | waste of money. | 完全是浪费钱 |
| [23:10] | Let’s find a way to make it | 那我们就得想办法让它看起来 |
| [23:11] | not look like that. | 不像草率的举动 |
| [23:27] | Nice digs! | 教室不错啊 |
| [23:30] | You’re actually taking up my invitation for lunch? | 你真的愿意跟我一起吃午饭吗 |
| [23:31] | A girl’s got to eat. | 怎么说我也得吃饭啊 |
| [23:35] | Seriously… | 说真的 |
| [23:35] | this place is insane. | 这地方太漂亮了 |
| [23:38] | Did you get a promotion? | 你升职了吗 |
| [23:39] | Sort of. Theology Department is better funded. | 算是吧 神学院的资金比以前多了 |
| [23:42] | Hey, have a seat. | 坐吧 |
| [23:44] | There’s a pre-lunch discussion. | 要进行午餐前的谈话了 |
| [23:46] | Feels like a trap. | 感觉像是中了圈套 |
| [23:47] | Just…sit. | 先…坐下 |
| [23:53] | Consider giving your mom a break. | 你就别给你妈妈添乱子了 |
| [23:55] | God, Dad. | 天哪 老爸 |
| [23:57] | You would defend her | 就算她拿着一把刀站在一具 |
| [23:58] | if she were standing over a bloody corpse with a knife. | 血肉模糊的尸体旁边 你也会为她辩解 |
| [24:00] | I would not, it-it would totally depend who the corpse was. | 不会的 这完全取决于那具尸体是谁 |
| [24:04] | You guys just really don’t know me at all, do you? | 你们俩一点都不了解我 是吧 |
| [24:07] | Other than sucking snot out of your nose | 除了在你出生两天时 |
| [24:09] | with a tube when you were two days old, | 用吸管把鼻涕从你鼻子里吸出来以外 |
| [24:11] | I’m barely acquainted with you. | 我基本不怎么了解你 |
| [24:14] | Come on, | 走吧 |
| [24:15] | I’m hungry. | 我饿了 |
| [24:20] | Look, I’m not a brat. | 我不是生在福中不知福 |
| [24:22] | I know how lucky I am | 我知道我很幸运 |
| [24:23] | to have you guys as parents. | 有你们做我的父母 |
| [24:26] | And when Mom asked us about taking the job, | 妈问我们她应不应该接受这份工作时 |
| [24:28] | I was on board, | 我很支持她 |
| [24:30] | I thought it would be cool to have a famous mother. | 我觉得有个出名的母亲是件很酷的事 |
| [24:31] | Guess what? | 但你猜怎么着 |
| [24:33] | It’s not cool. | 一点也不酷 |
| [24:35] | Tell me. | 跟我说说吧 |
| [24:36] | Okay, even though you guys tried to keep me out of it, | 好吧 虽然你们尽力不影响到我 |
| [24:39] | everyone at school found out anyway. | 但学校里的人都知道了 |
| [24:41] | Then I had people who hated me | 然后一些讨厌我的人 |
| [24:43] | trying to be my friend. | 也努力跟我做朋友 |
| [24:45] | People who liked me trying to be better friends. | 而喜欢我的人更是努力讨好我 |
| [24:48] | Then there were the people who were just openly hostile, | 然后还有一些人就公开跟我敌对 |
| [24:51] | because they didn’t approve of her politics | 因为他们不赞成她的政治观点 |
| [24:53] | or the way she got the job | 或是她成为国务卿的方式 |
| [24:55] | or the way she wears her hair, | 或是她的发型 |
| [24:57] | anything, it doesn’t matter. | 凡此种种 |
| [24:58] | And it doesn’t matter that I’m not her. | 而他们根本不在意我不是她这个事实 |
| [25:01] | What do you expect your mom to do, quit? | 那你想让你妈妈怎么办 辞职吗 |
| [25:05] | No! | 不 |
| [25:07] | That’s the reason I came home. | 这就是我回家的原因 |
| [25:09] | She can’t quit. | 她不能辞职 |
| [25:12] | So…I have to. | 所以 我只好退学了 |
| [25:17] | The Vesuvian guys are here on post. | 有维苏威的人在这里 |
| [25:20] | I’m better protected than Kate Middleton. | 我的安保措施比凯特王妃的还好 |
| [25:22] | It’s good to hear. | 这很好 |
| [25:23] | You really shouldn’t have. | 你其实不用这么做 |
| [25:25] | I have to admit, it’s nice to see them out there. | 我得承认 看见他们在这我也安心了 |
| [25:29] | Your family back home? | 你的家人回家了吗 |
| [25:30] | Yeah. My daughter’s already enrolled in swimming lessons. | 是的 我女儿都已经报了游泳课 |
| [25:33] | Good. | 很好 |
| [25:34] | Listen, I want you to keep the phone lines open, | 我希望你能保持电话线路畅通 |
| [25:36] | I’m not taking any chances. | 我不想有任何闪失 |
| [25:38] | Got it. | 明白 |
| [25:39] | By the way, the coffee here, it’s amazing — | 顺便说一句 这里的咖啡太好喝了 |
| [25:42] | they bring it in from Turkey. | 是从土耳其带来的 |
| [25:43] | We don’t have anything like it at home. | 美国可没有这么好的咖啡 |
| [25:44] | I’ll bring you some next time… | 下次我给你带… |
| [25:47] | Hey, Paul?! | 保罗 |
| [25:49] | Paul, are you there?! | 保罗 还在吗 |
| [25:52] | Blake! | 布莱克 |
| [25:58] | We have no contact on the ground — radios, cell phones, | 我们跟地面失去了联系 无线电 手机 |
| [26:01] | cameras, everything’s down. | 摄像头 都坏掉了 |
| [26:03] | Drone images just show fire and rubble. | 无人机只拍到了大火和碎石的画面 |
| [26:06] | What about Vesuvian? | 维苏威的人呢 |
| [26:08] | Haven’t made contact. | 还没联系上 |
| [26:09] | How many guys on the ground? | 地面有多少人 |
| [26:11] | Fifty. One in the air. | 五十人 一人在空中 |
| [26:13] | You think that was enough? | 你觉得这就够了吗 |
| [26:15] | Was about 50 more than anyone else thought we should have. | 你们开始不都觉得五十人太多了吗 |
| [26:28] | Where are we? | 什么情况了 |
| [26:29] | We’re finally getting some footage from Al-Harun. | 我们终于从哈伦那弄到了影像 |
| [26:33] | Any idea what they’re saying? | 知道他们在说些什么吗 |
| [26:34] | I have a rough translation. | 我有一份粗略的翻译 |
| [26:37] | The protestors were peaceful, | 抗议者是和平抗议的 |
| [26:38] | no mention of Death to America. | 没有提到”美国末日” |
| [26:40] | They’re saying | 他们说 |
| [26:41] | the American security guys fired first into the crowd. | 是美国的安保人员首先向人群开的枪 |
| [26:45] | At least one civilian death has been reported. | 至少已有一名平民被报死亡 |
| [26:48] | The explosion was a retaliation to this action. | 爆炸是针对枪击的报复反击 |
| [26:52] | President Bassara assures me | 巴萨拉总统向我保证 |
| [26:53] | his people are on top of it, | 他的手下已经掌控了此事 |
| [26:54] | which means they’re all in some room like this | 也就是说他们现在同样呆在一间屋里 |
| [26:56] | getting their story straight. | 想方设法给出一个合理解释 |
| [26:57] | Have our forces been deployed? | 我们的武装军展开部署了吗 |
| [26:59] | Yes, sir. Special Ops are on their way. | 是的 总统 特种部队正在路上 |
| [27:01] | Should be on the ground in 90 minutes or less. | 大约不到九十分钟即可抵达现场 |
| [27:03] | Is it safe to say, this is another Benghazi? | 现在是否能断定此事为第二桩班加西事件 |
| [27:06] | Oh, it’s safe to say, | 从政治的角度来说 |
| [27:06] | it’s a lot worse than that, politically speaking. | 可以断定这远比班加西更糟 |
| [27:09] | ‘Cause it looks like we didn’t learn anything from the first one. | 因为我们似乎未从上次事件吸取教训 |
| [27:13] | We need more information. | 我们需要更多的信息 |
| [27:14] | We’re in the blind. | 我们现在是一片黑暗 |
| [27:15] | There’s nothing to do but stay on top of this for now. | 若不立刻掌控局面 我们什么都做不了 |
| [27:27] | 来自亨利的加密信息 我在罗林斯公园休息 你能出来吗 | |
| [27:36] | How’s it going in there? | 工作怎么样 |
| [27:37] | Not good. | 不太妙 |
| [27:38] | We can’t get any information | 我们收集不到任何信息 |
| [27:40] | and the images we’re getting look like the end of the world. | 而我们掌握的图片资料简直像是世界末日 |
| [27:42] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真是糟糕 |
| [27:44] | Guess this isn’t a good time | 看来现在不该再跟你 |
| [27:45] | to give you something else to think about. | 添一件需要你操心的事情 |
| [27:48] | You’re about to plead Stevie’s case, aren’t you? | 你要为斯蒂芬做辩护了 是吗 |
| [27:50] | It’s not a case. It’s a situation. | 这又不是审判案件 只是个事件而已 |
| [27:52] | Why didn’t she come to me about it? | 为什么她自己不来跟我谈 |
| [27:55] | She’s scared of you. | 她害怕你嘛 |
| [27:56] | Because of my long history of chastising | 因为我长期苛责 |
| [27:59] | – and humiliating her? – She doesn’t want to let you down. | -和羞辱她吗 -她不想让你失望 |
| [28:01] | – She said that? – ‘Course not. | -这是她原话吗 -当然不是 |
| [28:03] | ‘Cause last night it was all about | 因为昨晚上她说的 |
| [28:04] | how she was gonna work on farm equipment. | 都是些什么关于制造农产设备的事 |
| [28:06] | That was a defense. | 那只是自我防卫而已 |
| [28:07] | Yes, I’m beginning to pick up on that. | 是的 我意识到了 |
| [28:08] | Everyone at school has turned on her in one way or another. | 她学校里所有人都在以各种方式针对她 |
| [28:11] | She’s become a spectacle. | 她成了人们嘲弄的对象 |
| [28:13] | And she can’t handle it. | 她无法承受 |
| [28:15] | That’s why she started acting out | 这就是她行为反常 |
| [28:17] | and that’s why she came home. | 决定回家的原因 |
| [28:20] | So then she can…take some time off. | 那她可以…喘口气 |
| [28:22] | And when she feels better, she can go back. | 等她感觉好点了 再回去上学 |
| [28:25] | I just wish that she wouldn’t split us like this. | 我只希望她不要这样把我们对立起来 |
| [28:28] | And you’re not helping, | 而你表现得像她的律师一样 |
| [28:29] | acting like her lawyer. | 可是一点也解决不了问题 |
| [28:30] | No, you’re not helping. | 不 是你这样解决不了问题 |
| [28:32] | That’s what she’s telling you. | 她就是想告诉你这一点 |
| [28:33] | Excuse me, that’s what she’s telling you | 不好意思 那是她跟你说 |
| [28:35] | and you’re telling me. | 然后你再跟我说的 |
| [28:37] | Since when do we have a system like that? | 我们什么时候有这么一套交流机制了 |
| [28:40] | I was there. | 我只是正好在她身边 |
| [28:41] | She was upset. I listened to my daughter. | 她很难过 所以我听了我女儿的倾诉 |
| [28:43] | Guilty. | 我错了 |
| [28:44] | Really? | 开什么玩笑 |
| [28:45] | You’re gonna go there? | 你要把话说到这地步吗 |
| [28:46] | I’m already regretting it. | 我已经后悔这样说了 |
| [28:49] | I will talk to her. | 我会跟她谈谈的 |
| [28:51] | And I’ll make it better. | 我会跟她和好的 |
| [28:53] | I just wish she’d come to me first. | 我只是希望她有先跟我谈谈 |
| [28:56] | Henry, look at me. | 亨利 看着我 |
| [28:58] | I can’t quit this job. | 我不能辞职 |
| [29:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
| [29:03] | Can I? | 能不能啊 |
| [29:05] | N-No, you can’t. | 不能 你当然不能 |
| [29:10] | 来自未知号码的加密信息 武装军抵达也门 | |
| [29:13] | I got to get back. | 我得回去了 |
| [29:16] | – Hang in there. – I will. | -坚持住 -我会的 |
| [29:21] | I’m inside what used to be the ambassador’s residence. | 我现在正在曾经的大使官邸内部 |
| [29:24] | Not sure what did this. Couple of grenades? | 不知道怎么会被炸成这样 是手榴弹吗 |
| [29:26] | Maybe they got some C4 in somehow. | 或是他们不知从哪弄来了C4炸弹 |
| [29:29] | It’s gonna take a while to dig through this rubble. | 得花些工夫才能把碎石瓦砾挖开 |
| [29:31] | Is there any sign of the Vesuvian detail? | 有没有任何维苏威的人的痕迹 |
| [29:34] | No, Ma’am. Nobody in sight. | 没有 国务卿 看不到任何人 |
| [29:37] | I hate to use the language “cut and run”, | 我不喜欢说”弃锚开航”这样的话 |
| [29:38] | but those guys just work for a paycheck. | 但那些人只是打工的而已 |
| [29:40] | I don’t think I would’ve hung around for that. | 我想要是我也不会坚守在这里的 |
| [29:42] | What’s the status on casualties? | 人员伤亡情况如何 |
| [29:45] | Don’t have that information right now, sir. | 目前还没有消息 总统先生 |
| [29:47] | But I can say with full certainty… | 但我敢肯定 |
| [29:49] | that nobody could’ve survived this. | 不可能有人活下来 |
| [30:00] | And if we avoid making a statement, | 如果我们不发表声明的话 |
| [30:01] | it makes us looks weak. | 就会显得我们很懦弱 |
| [30:03] | Well, I am not going on the air | 我可不要对着直播的媒体说 |
| [30:05] | with “no one could’ve survived the attack.” | “不可能有人能从这场袭击中生还” |
| [30:08] | The destruction is gruesome. His family’s watching. | 现场的破坏太可怕了 他的家人也在看着 |
| [30:10] | Absolutely. | 确实 |
| [30:11] | Madam Secretary, Isaac Bishop is here. | 国务卿女士 艾萨克·毕晓普来了 |
| [30:13] | Finally. Did he give up a spa day? | 终于来了 他是牺牲了泡温泉的时间吗 |
| [30:16] | He didn’t say. | 他没说 |
| [30:18] | Gee, I hope I’m not interrupting anything. | 老天 我希望我没有打断你的计划 |
| [30:20] | Not at all. How’s it going? | 完全没有 事情怎么样了 |
| [30:23] | You tell me. | 你告诉我啊 |
| [30:26] | I’ve been unable to raise any of my men. | 我的手下一个都召集不到 |
| [30:28] | We have a shutdown procedure, just as the military does. | 我们有停止程序 就像军队里一样 |
| [30:31] | They can’t take a chance on anyone following a signal. | 他们不能轻举妄动 引起注意 |
| [30:33] | I’m sure we’ll hear from them any minute, | 我相信我们很快就会收到他们的消息 |
| [30:34] | and as soon as I do, you’ll be the first to know. | 一有消息 我会最先告诉您 |
| [30:37] | Al-Harun is reporting that your guys fired into the crowd | 哈伦报道说你们的人向人群开枪 |
| [30:39] | and provoked the attack. | 煽动了袭击 |
| [30:41] | Let’s not convict them just yet, okay? | 别急着给他们判罪 好吗 |
| [30:46] | You let me know the minute I can. | 能判的时候你通知我一声 |
| [30:48] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
| [31:02] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
| [31:02] | Hi. | 有人吗 |
| [31:04] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
| [31:05] | – Hey. – Hi. | -回来啦 -你好 |
| [31:06] | – You okay? – I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -我没事 |
| [31:09] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
| [31:10] | We saved you dinner. | 我们给你留了晚饭 |
| [31:12] | Wow, that was really sweet. Thank you. | 你们真好 谢谢 |
| [31:14] | Maybe you’d like a…drink? | 你想…喝一杯吗 |
| [31:16] | Yeah, I would. A big one. | 是的 一大杯 |
| [31:22] | I can’t believe you guys. | 你们真是难以置信 |
| [31:24] | What guys? | 什么 谁 |
| [31:26] | The State Department. You used Vesuvian? | 国务院 你们请了维苏威 |
| [31:29] | They’re mercenaries. They’re completely corrupt. | 他们是雇佣军 臭名昭著 |
| [31:32] | Why didn’t you send troops? | 为什么不派军队去 |
| [31:34] | Because they wouldn’t authorize it. | 因为他们不批准 |
| [31:36] | Who’s they? | 谁 |
| [31:37] | Stevie, mom knows this guy that’s probably dead. | 斯蒂芬 妈跟这个大概已经死了的人很熟 |
| [31:41] | It’s not just a headline. | 对她来说这不仅是新闻 |
| [31:42] | Yeah, it’s not a kingdom, all right? | 是啊 政府又不是朝廷 好吗 |
| [31:43] | She-she can’t just do what she wants. | 她不能随自己心意做事 |
| [31:45] | Uh, you know what, you guys? | 不如这样吧 各位 |
| [31:47] | Would you mind giving us a minute with your sister, please? | 能让我们和姐姐单独聊聊吗 |
| [31:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
| [31:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [32:00] | I understand you’re upset. | 我知道你不高兴 |
| [32:02] | Your dad told me about what happened at school. | 你爸跟我说了学校的事 |
| [32:04] | I am so sorry, Stevie. | 我很抱歉 斯蒂芬 |
| [32:06] | I just wish that you’d talked to me about it. | 你为什么没有跟我说呢 |
| [32:09] | I was trying to be a team player. | 我想顾全大局 |
| [32:11] | I know, and I really I appreciate it. | 我知道 也很感激 |
| [32:14] | This whole thing has turned out to be | 当国务卿这整件事 |
| [32:16] | a lot harder on all of us than we anticipated. | 比我们预想的要复杂得多 |
| [32:19] | And it’s still relatively new. | 大家也都是新手 |
| [32:22] | We need to find out a way to get through it. | 我们要想办法熬过去 |
| [32:24] | So… | 所以… |
| [32:26] | we’re okay with you leaving college. Taking a year off. | 我们同意你离开大学 休整一年 |
| [32:29] | But, in the meantime, you gotta stay busy. | 但同时 你不能闲着 |
| [32:32] | You gotta start looking for a job. | 得开始去找工作 |
| [32:33] | – We’d be glad to help you with your resume. – Yeah. | -我们愿意帮你写简历 -没错 |
| [32:37] | What, you mean, like, working in an office? | 什么 比如去坐办公室吗 |
| [32:40] | Being a waitress? | 当服务员吗 |
| [32:41] | Well, whatever interests you. | 你感兴趣就行 |
| [32:43] | None of it interests me. | 我都不感兴趣 |
| [32:45] | I’m working on a novel. | 我在写一篇小说 |
| [32:47] | I-I was gonna take the time to finish that. | 想用这段时间去完成 |
| [32:49] | Well, you can still write your novel. | 你可以继续写小说 |
| [32:51] | Everybody needs a day job. | 可总得有正经工作 |
| [32:53] | Chekhov was a doctor. | 契诃夫也是医生嘛 |
| [33:03] | Oh, God. We have more intel coming in. | 天呐 更多的情报来了 |
| [33:05] | I gotta go back. I’ll see you guys later. | 我得回去了 再见 |
| [33:06] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
| [33:13] | This doesn’t feel like guidance. | 这可不像是指导 |
| [33:15] | It feels punitive. | 分明是惩罚 |
| [33:18] | Okay. Look, honey. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
| [33:20] | College is like a four-year deferment from real life. | 大学就像逃避社会四年的象牙塔 |
| [33:23] | You say you don’t want the full four, so you gotta go to work. | 你说不想过完四年 那就得去工作 |
| [33:28] | Tell me the truth. | 跟我说实话 |
| [33:29] | Is this you or is this her? | 这是你还是她的主意 |
| [33:31] | This is us. | 是我们的主意 |
| [33:33] | We’re a unit. | 我们是一体的 |
| [33:35] | You got that? | 你明白吗 |
| [33:52] | I came as soon as I got the message. | 我一收到短信就赶来了 |
| [33:54] | You haven’t missed anything. | 你没错过任何事 |
| [33:55] | Mr. Bishop refused to give us any information until you arrived. | 毕晓普先生在你来之前什么也不肯说 |
| [33:59] | Technically speaking, I do work for Madam Secretary. | 严格说来 我是为国务卿女士效力的 |
| [34:03] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
| [34:05] | I just started receiving communication from my men. | 我开始收到手下发来的消息了 |
| [34:07] | They waited until they were completely out of the war zone | 他们等到完全撤离战斗区域后 |
| [34:09] | to get in touch. | 才联系了我 |
| [34:10] | We’ve located them in a Vesuvian safe house, | 我们把他们安置在维苏威的安全屋 |
| [34:11] | and if you’re ready, we’ll connect with them. | 如果你们准备好了 我们就连线 |
| [34:13] | I believe we’re more than ready. | 我们早就准备好了 |
| [34:15] | We’ve got video coming in. | 连上视频了 |
| [34:19] | Oh, Paul. | 保罗 |
| [34:21] | It is really good to see you. | 见到你真是太高兴了 |
| [34:23] | It’s really good to be seen. | 能看到你们也是 |
| [34:26] | Next time you ask me to vacate the premises, Madam Secretary, | 下次你再叫我尽快撤离 国务卿女士 |
| [34:28] | that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. | 我会乖乖听你的 |
| [34:30] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
| [34:31] | Yeah, not a scratch, thanks to these boys. | 没事 毫发无伤 多亏这些安保人员 |
| [34:33] | The first explosion didn’t do much damage. | 第一次爆炸没有造成太大的损伤 |
| [34:36] | My men mobilized and evacuated Mr. Wellington. | 我的人协助威灵顿先生撤离到安全的地方 |
| [34:38] | He was well inside an armored vehicle | 第二次爆炸发生时 |
| [34:40] | when the second explosion occurred. | 他已安全地坐在装甲车上 |
| [34:42] | They proceeded away from the high-risk area | 他们绕过了高危地带 |
| [34:44] | and did not attempt contact until the package… | 并依照我们的条约 直到确认目标 |
| [34:47] | I mean, the ambassador was secure, | 我的意思是在确认大使的安全前 |
| [34:48] | according to our protocol. | 都没有冒然联系 |
| [34:49] | We’ve also received better intel | 现场我方人员还提供了 |
| [34:51] | from our people on the ground. | 更准确的情报 |
| [34:52] | Al-Harun reporting was, in fact, not accurate. | 事实上 哈伦的报道并不准确 |
| [34:55] | Our men did not fire first. | 不是我们的人先开的火 |
| [34:56] | I believe you mean my men, Mr. Munsey. | 蒙西先生 不是我们的人 是我的人 |
| [34:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
| [35:02] | The only casualty was one of my men. | 唯一的伤亡是我的人 |
| [35:03] | Sweeper. | 负责清场的侦查员 |
| [35:04] | He was checking the premises | 他当时在楼内巡视 |
| [35:05] | to make sure all souls had cleared out. | 确保所有人都已撤离 |
| [35:10] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 对此我深表遗憾 |
| [35:12] | So were we, Madam Secretary. | 我们也很遗憾 国务卿女士 |
| [35:13] | He was aware of the risk. | 他清楚这份工作的风险 |
| [35:16] | Thank you, Mr. Bishop. | 谢谢你 毕晓普先生 |
| [35:18] | We are indebted to your security forces. | 我们欠贵安保公司一个人情 |
| [35:20] | However, your display of theatrics here was unworthy of them. | 但你的表现略显夸张 不值得称赞 |
| [35:23] | I have my way, Mr. President. | 我有我的行事风格 总统先生 |
| [35:24] | You all have yours. | 想必你们亦然 |
| [35:27] | If that’s all, Mr. Bishop, | 毕晓普先生 若没有别的事 |
| [35:29] | we’ll, uh, say good bye to you | 我们就下次再见了 |
| [35:31] | get on with our situational assessment. | 我们得继续进行势态评估 |
| [35:34] | Pleasure doing business, gentlemen. Ma’am. | 很荣幸能与你们共事 先生们 国务卿 |
| [35:38] | That’s quite a character you found there. | 你找来的人还真有个性 |
| [35:41] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
| [35:43] | Very happy to have you safe and sound, Mr. Ambassador. | 很高兴看见你安然无恙 大使先生 |
| [35:46] | We’ll get you home that way, too. | 我们定会让你安全回家 |
| [35:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [35:48] | I’m looking forward to it. | 很期待能重归故土 |
| [35:51] | That’s about as close as it gets. | 有够千钧一发的 |
| [35:54] | We got very lucky. | 这次我们运气非常好 |
| [36:02] | May I take a moment, Sir? | 我先失陪一会行吗 总统 |
| [36:03] | Go ahead, Bess. | 去吧 贝丝 |
| [36:12] | Mr. Bishop. | 毕晓普先生 |
| [36:14] | The man who died in this operation… | 在此次行动中牺牲的那个人 |
| [36:17] | I would like to tell his family. | 我想亲自通知他的家人 |
| [36:19] | They’ve already been told. | 他们已经知道了 |
| [36:21] | Well, then, I’d like to see them. | 那 我想见见他们 |
| [36:23] | That’s not protocol, Ma’am. | 那恐怕不合规矩 国务卿 |
| [36:26] | You may have picked up on this: | 可能你也发现了 |
| [36:27] | I’m not big on protocol. | 我这人不太爱按规矩来 |
| [36:30] | Then that makes us two peas in a pod. | 彼此彼此 |
| [36:33] | – May I call you Elizabeth? – No. | -我能叫你伊丽莎白吗 -不行 |
| [36:35] | Madam Secretary, you should know this. | 国务卿女士 有件事我得告诉您 |
| [36:37] | That little article you wrote? | 您先前写的那篇文章 |
| [36:38] | You know, the one where you called me Satan? | 就是您称我为”撒旦”那篇 |
| [36:39] | I-I-I didn’t actually call you Satan… | 我没有明确地称你为”撒旦” |
| [36:42] | It changed our policy. | 那篇文章改变了我们的政策 |
| [36:45] | Our guys had a tendency to fire | 我们的员工以前在受到挑衅时 |
| [36:46] | at first provocation. | 的确有开火回应的倾向 |
| [36:47] | Made some bad calls under pressure. | 在重压下做出过一些错误的判断 |
| [36:49] | Following your article, | 拜读过您的文章后 |
| [36:50] | we did a lot of training | 我们进行了大规模的培训 |
| [36:51] | and we built some real restraint into our procedures. | 并在操作指南中加入了严格限制 |
| [36:53] | I think, in this case, it paid off. | 就此次事件而言 颇有成效 |
| [36:55] | We didn’t fire first. | 我们并没有主动开火 |
| [36:59] | I’m grateful. | 我对此深表感谢 |
| [37:00] | It’s your idea. | 这是您的理念 |
| [37:04] | What you did for me back there? | 先前你为我辩护的行为 |
| [37:06] | It was unnecessary. | 是不必要的 |
| [37:08] | I’d be tempted to thank you, but it was very risky. | 我本该感谢你 但你这么做很危险 |
| [37:10] | That is the President of the United States. | 那可是美国总统 |
| [37:15] | Yeah, I didn’t vote for him. | 没错 但我当初可没给他投票 |
| [38:13] | Thank you for seeing me so quickly. | 谢谢你这么快就通知我来面试 |
| [38:15] | We were impressed by your resume. | 我们对你的简历十分满意 |
| [38:17] | You did a lot of copy editing at Lovell, I see. | 你在洛弗尔大学做过很多审稿 |
| [38:20] | Yes, and I did some freelancing for charity organizations. | 我还在多个慈善组织当过自由撰稿人 |
| [38:24] | I believe very strongly in your cause. | 我非常支持你们的主张 |
| [38:27] | Potable water for the developing world | 为发展中国家提供可饮用水源 |
| [38:28] | is the most pressing issue of our time. | 是当今最为迫切的问题 |
| [38:30] | So you said in your e-mail. | 你在邮件里也有提及这点 |
| [38:31] | Your passion was well articulated. | 你很明确地表达了自己的热忱 |
| [38:34] | – Thank you. – Sit. | -谢谢 -请坐 |
| [38:36] | I’m afraid your resume needs work. | 你的简历仍有需要完善的地方 |
| [38:38] | It’s not up to date. | 这不像是最新的版本 |
| [38:39] | It’s not? | 不像吗 |
| [38:41] | You haven’t listed your BA. | 你没有写你的本科学位 |
| [38:43] | It looks like you haven’t graduated college. | 看起来就跟你大学没毕业一样 |
| [38:45] | Oh. Well… that’s because I haven’t graduated college. | 因为我的确是大学没毕业 |
| [38:50] | This is a full-time position. | 这是一个全职的岗位 |
| [38:51] | It requires a four-year degree. | 要求四年的本科学历 |
| [38:53] | I thought you might make an exception. | 我希望你们能够破例一次 |
| [38:55] | I’m sorry, we can’t. | 很抱歉 我们不能 |
| [38:58] | We’ll keep your resume on file. | 我们会保留你的简历 |
| [38:59] | You can contact us when you’ve completed your education. | 你可以在完成学业以后联系我们 |
| [39:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
| [39:20] | Ms. Hardwick… | 哈德维克女士 |
| [39:22] | I have an unusual amount of exposure to world politics. | 我与全球政治动态有非常频繁的接触 |
| [39:29] | My mother is Elizabeth McCord. | 我母亲是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
| [39:32] | The Secretary of State? | 国务卿女士吗 |
| [39:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
| [39:38] | Well, that kind of exposure creates an interesting perspective. | 这样倒是开启了一个有趣的视角 |
| [39:44] | Perhaps we can work something out. | 或许我们能够为你破例 |
| [39:50] | No. Sorry, we can’t. | 不 抱歉 不用了 |
| [39:53] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你花时间见我 |
| [40:06] | Hi. Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
| [40:07] | I’m glad I caught you. Do you have a minute? | 能碰到你真好 现在有时间吗 |
| [40:09] | Uh, not really. | 不怎么有 |
| [40:12] | I just got confirmation from our SEAL team | 海豹突击队刚传来了确定的消息 |
| [40:15] | that they captured the ringleaders in the embassy attack. | 他们逮捕了袭击大使馆的头目 |
| [40:17] | The Yemenis are fully cooperating with the rendition. | 也门当局相当配合此次工作 |
| [40:20] | They’re being taken into FBI custody as we speak. | 此时他们正在被带回联调局羁押途中 |
| [40:23] | Good. | 很好 |
| [40:26] | The Yemeni government also agreed to rebuild the embassy. | 也门政府还同意重建大使馆 |
| [40:29] | So Wellington could be back in there within the year. | 所以威灵顿在一年内可以重返任职 |
| [40:32] | All right, that’s great. | 那真是太好了 |
| [40:33] | Sorry, I’ve got a call holding. | 抱歉 我得接个电话 |
| [40:35] | How long do you think you’re going to punish me | 你要因为我绕过你行事 |
| [40:37] | for going around you? | 惩罚我多久 |
| [40:39] | I don’t know what you mean. | 我没听明白你的意思 |
| [40:41] | “We got lucky” yesterday? | “我们运气好” 你昨天说的 |
| [40:45] | That’s one way to look at it. | 这是看待这件事的一种视角 |
| [40:47] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
| [40:50] | If it’s any consolation, | 你可以当做安慰的是 |
| [40:51] | that’s not how the President sees it. | 总统先生不是这么看的 |
| [40:53] | He thinks you saved his ass. | 他觉得你帮了他的忙 |
| [40:55] | Told me to tell you that. | 他让我告诉你的 |
| [40:57] | Were you… going to tell me that? | 那你 先前打算告诉我吗 |
| [41:01] | I hadn’t decided. | 我还没有想好 |
| [41:16] | Hello? | 有人在家吗 |
| [41:19] | Hi. | 回来啦 |
| [41:25] | I will give you $50 cash | 我给你五十美金 |
| [41:26] | for a bite of what’s in that bowl. | 只要你给我吃一口那碗里的东西 |
| [41:31] | Well, you got really lucky about the Wellington thing. | 威灵顿这事你真的是运气太好 |
| [41:34] | Congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
| [41:36] | Let’s not to use the “L” Word, shall we? | 别再提”运气”这个词了 行吗 |
| [41:38] | Why? Did you pull off some badass diplomacy? | 为什么 你使了什么阴险的政治手段吗 |
| [41:41] | Well, let’s just say a strategy came together | 就当做是在战略大局下 |
| [41:43] | and some people made very big sacrifices to make it happen. | 有人为了成功做出了巨大的牺牲 |
| [41:49] | Yeah, the Vesuvian guy. I heard. | 对了 那个维苏威的人 我听说了 |
| [41:52] | That’s too bad. | 太可惜了 |
| [41:54] | How’d your job search go today? | 今天工作找得怎么样了 |
| [41:58] | Uh, unsuccessful. | 不成功 |
| [42:00] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
| [42:01] | It’s just day one. | 这只是第一天 |
| [42:01] | Something’ll come up, you know? | 会出现转机的 |
| [42:07] | Don’t ever tell me how to make this. | 永远也别告诉我这个是怎么做的 |
| [42:09] | I mean, ever. | 真的 永远不要 |
| [42:15] | Uh, yeah, Dad opened that. | 对了 爸爸拆开的 |
| [42:16] | I looked at it. I hope that’s okay. | 我看了一下 希望你不会介意 |
| [42:18] | Yeah. | 没事 |
| [42:20] | George was a good friend. | 乔治是位很好的朋友 |
| [42:22] | He was. | 是的 |
| [42:25] | Remember those bad magic tricks he used to do? | 还记得他变的那些拙劣的小魔术吗 |
| [42:29] | You never fell for those? | 你以前都没上当吗 |
| [42:31] | No! | 当然没有 |
| [42:32] | – Even as a kid? – No, they were terrible. | -小时候也没有 -没有 太笨拙了 |
| [42:36] | He was funny, though. | 但他很有意思 |
| [42:37] | He could hide an entire top secret operations, | 他可以把整个最高机密行动藏匿起来 |
| [42:41] | make it disappear into thin air, | 让它消失于无形 |
| [42:43] | but not a quarter. | 却藏不好一个二十五分硬币 |
| [42:47] | No. | 是的 |
| [42:49] | You could always see it under his thumb. | 你总是可以在他的大拇指下面发现它 |
| [42:51] | 中情局局长安德鲁·蒙西沉痛邀请您出席 特工乔治·彼得斯的告别仪式 向其保卫国家敬业奉献30年致敬 9月13日星期六下午四点 华府公共事务办公室 | |
| [42:54] | How did he die? | 他是怎么死的 |
| [42:56] | A car crash. | 车祸 |
| [42:59] | How’d it happen? | 怎么发生的 |
| [43:08] | It was an accident. | 是一场意外 |