时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Already been down this street. | 这是第二次走到这条街了 |
[00:13] | Keep walking. | 继续走 |
[00:19] | Hello? | 喂 |
[00:21] | Remove the battery from your phone | 把手机电池取下来 |
[00:23] | and put it in the dumpster. | 扔进垃圾桶 |
[00:28] | No. | 不 |
[00:30] | It’s a burner. | 这是匿名手机 |
[00:31] | No one’s tracking it. | 没人会追踪 |
[00:33] | Not negotiable. | 不要讨价还价 |
[00:40] | How do I know you’re really Viper? | 我怎么知道你是不是毒蛇 |
[00:42] | How do I know it’s not a trap? | 我怎么知道这不是陷阱 |
[00:44] | Do it. | 照我说的做 |
[01:20] | Hello? | 你好 |
[01:31] | Where are you? Damn it. | 你在哪儿 妈的 |
[01:33] | Gina Fisher. | 吉娜·费舍 |
[01:34] | You made it. | 你找到了 |
[01:39] | You’re Viper? | 你就是毒蛇 |
[01:41] | What I got is going to bring the United States to its knees. | 我手上的情报能让美国屈服 |
[01:48] | They say Thomas Jefferson, your first Secretary of State, | 据说第一任国务卿 托马斯·杰斐逊 |
[01:52] | shared a bottle of this | 跟我的前辈让·巴蒂斯特·特伦 |
[01:54] | 1788 Clos de Griffier Cognac | 分享过一瓶1788年的 |
[01:58] | with my predecessor Jean Baptiste Ternant | 克洛斯·格里弗干邑 |
[02:02] | who, um, didn’t realize | 我的这位前辈压根没意识到 |
[02:03] | that Jefferson was, uh, really a wine aficionado. | 杰斐逊喜欢的其实是葡萄酒 |
[02:09] | However, our research | 然而 据我们对您的调查显示 |
[02:11] | of you, Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[02:13] | uh, suggests that you will find this Cognac more pleasing. | 您会更乐意收到这样一瓶白兰地 |
[02:18] | Merci, Minister Dubois. | 谢谢 迪布瓦部长 |
[02:22] | Your research is correct. | 你们的调查正确无误 |
[02:25] | And although Jefferson may not have loved cognac, | 虽然杰斐逊也许不喜欢白兰地 |
[02:29] | he loved France. | 但是他热爱法国 |
[02:31] | And our enduring alliance is a testament to our shared values | 我们长久的同盟关系就是我们共同价值观 |
[02:35] | and profound friendship. | 和深厚友谊的见证 |
[02:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:38] | The Secretary and French Foreign Minister | 国务卿和法国外交部长 |
[02:40] | will now take ten minutes of questions. | 将会接受十分钟的媒体提问 |
[02:43] | Gina Fisher, from the Washington Chronicle. | 吉娜·费舍 来自《华盛顿纪实》 |
[02:45] | Madam Secretary, you say that the U.S. and France are friends, | 国务卿女士 您说美国和法国是盟友 |
[02:48] | yet your senior policy advisor, Jay Whitman, has referred | 然而您的高级政策顾问杰伊·惠特曼 |
[02:52] | to Minister Dubois here as, quote, | 曾把迪布瓦部长称为 以下是他的原话 |
[02:54] | “An empty crepe with a Napoleon complex.” | “空有拿破仑情结的可丽饼” |
[02:58] | What do you have to say about that? | 对此您有什么话要说吗 |
[03:03] | I don’t know anything about it. | 我对此并不知情 |
[03:04] | – Next question. – It’s from a | -下一个问题 -这可是来自于 |
[03:05] | confidential State Department cable. | 国务院的机密电报 |
[03:08] | I’ve gotten access to a cache of such communicates, | 我有查到大量这样的密报 |
[03:11] | including evidence of U.S. spying on France | 其中包括美国监听法国的证据 |
[03:13] | and other so-called allies, | 以及监听其他所谓的同盟国的证据 |
[03:15] | exposing vast institutionalized hypocrisy. | 我要揭开巨大的制度化下的伪面具 |
[03:18] | All of which will be going up on the Chronicle’s website | 所有消息我们已于此时公布在 |
[03:21] | as we speak. | 《华盛顿纪实》的网页上 |
[03:33] | It was a private e-mail! | 那是一封私人邮件 |
[03:34] | You really believe there’s such a thing anymore? | 你真的认为还有私人邮件这种事吗 |
[03:36] | There’s thousands. | 已经揭露成千上万条消息了 |
[03:37] | Twittersphere’s calling them the Viper Cables. | 推特圈把这些消息叫做”毒蛇揭秘” |
[03:39] | – Viper? – Fisher’s source. | -毒蛇 -费舍的线人 |
[03:41] | She’s claiming he’s a State Department employee. | 她宣称 他是国务院的员工 |
[03:43] | Oh, great, our very own Snowden. | 太好了 我们内部的斯诺登 |
[03:45] | What happened to at least giving us a heads up? | 要发生什么至少给我们一个警告吧 |
[03:47] | Hey, Jay. Daisy’s about to tell us | 杰伊 黛西就是想告诉我们 |
[03:50] | that that gotcha video is blowing up on social media. | 我们手足无措的那一幕已在社会媒体上疯传了 |
[03:53] | Which is clearly the point. | 让我们难堪就是他们的目的 |
[03:54] | Right now, I need you to focus on fixing it. | 此时此刻 我需要你去解决问题 |
[03:57] | The White House agrees. | 白宫那边也同意 |
[03:58] | They want this contained. | 他们希望遏制住这件事 |
[04:00] | Dubois officially cut short his visit. | 迪布瓦已经正式缩短了他的访问行程 |
[04:01] | and is on his way to Andrews. | 现已出发去安德鲁大学 |
[04:03] | Well, Dubois’s the tip of the iceberg. | 迪布瓦只是冰山一角 |
[04:04] | In another cable, an INR analyst referred | 另一消息提及一国家情报研究局的分析员 |
[04:06] | to the Austrian ambassador as Das Boob. | 称奥地利大使为”大胸女” |
[04:09] | Several deputy assistant secretaries agreed in an e-mail chain | 几个副助理秘书在邮件交流中 |
[04:12] | that a member of the Peruvian Constitutional Tribunal | 说一名秘鲁宪法法庭成员 |
[04:15] | is a coked-up, narcissist blowhard. | 是一个闹腾自恋的叨逼 |
[04:18] | Oh, and our ambassador to Kenya called | 还有 我们驻肯尼亚的大使说 |
[04:20] | their Defense Minister a sweaty, brain-damaged hippo. | 肯尼亚的国防部长是一头笨拙无脑的河马 |
[04:23] | Are we sure those cables aren’t from a frat? | 你确定这些消息不是大学兄弟会的人发的吗 |
[04:25] | Already crafting your apologies, Ma’am. | 已经拟好您的致歉词了 国务卿 |
[04:27] | On a scale of non-apology-apology | 从非正式道歉 |
[04:29] | to full Swaggart-Kanye, | 到斯瓦加特-坎耶级别道歉 |
[04:31] | how far do you want to take it? | 您想要发表哪种程度的道歉 |
[04:32] | Feel your way through, | 你自己掂量吧 |
[04:34] | based on diplomatic importance. | 基于外交关系的重要性来 |
[04:36] | Aside from the petty name-calling, | 除了这些取绰号的事 |
[04:38] | is there anything policy-related we need to worry about? | 有没有什么政策上的事被泄露了 |
[04:40] | I’ll get into that. | 我去查 |
[04:41] | While you’re at it, get with FBI, DOJ and DNI, | 顺便找上联调局 司法部和国情局 |
[04:44] | and see if they can figure out who Viper is. | 看他们能不能查出毒蛇是谁 |
[04:46] | And short of ID’ing him among our thousands of colleagues, | 若在我们若干同事里找不到他 |
[04:48] | I want an estimate of his security clearance. | 我要一份他涉密级别的评估 |
[04:54] | I’ll write up your apology to Foreign Minister Dubois, | 我会为您写一封致歉函给迪布瓦外交部长 |
[04:56] | but he may require more than contrition. | 但除了口头道歉外他可能会要求更多 |
[04:58] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[05:00] | For now, Madam Secretary, I hope you like crow. | 国务卿女士 希望您喜欢乌鸦 |
[05:03] | ‘Cause that’s the only dish on the menu today. | 因为这是今天菜单上唯一的菜品了 |
[05:06] | It is upsetting and deeply concerning | 所谓的盟友居然如此无礼 |
[05:09] | when so-called friends are uncivil, | 居高临下 心胸狭窄 |
[05:12] | condescending and downright mean-spirited. | 这真是让人极其恼怒且深深担忧 |
[05:15] | I-I understand. | 我理解 |
[05:18] | Please accept my heartfelt apologies, Ambassador Reinhart. | 请接受我最诚信的歉意 莱因哈特大使 |
[05:22] | Petty name-calling has no place in our discourse. | 我们绝不允许谈论中出现谩骂等人身攻击 |
[05:25] | I have such great respect | 我对您为妇女及长者 |
[05:26] | for all the work that you’ve done | 所做的一切工作 |
[05:28] | on behalf of women and the elderly. | 抱有崇高的敬意 |
[05:30] | I’m very sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:31] | Very well, Madam Secretary. | 好的 国务卿女士 |
[05:41] | – That’s all we have for now. – Only 47 apologies? | -目前就这些了 -才道了四十七个歉 |
[05:45] | I-I was just getting warmed up. | 我才刚开始热身呢 |
[05:48] | How’d I do? | 我做得怎么样 |
[05:50] | No one’s launched any missiles at us, yet. | 现在还没人朝我们发射导弹 |
[05:53] | But Ms. Fisher’s announced that she’s posting | 不过费舍小姐宣称她将于 |
[05:55] | another set of Viper’s Cables tomorrow afternoon, | 明天下午发布另一份毒蛇揭秘 |
[05:58] | and she’s claiming they’re much worse than the first. | 她表示这份的内容比之前的更糟糕 |
[06:01] | Any headway on Viper? | 有毒蛇身份的线索吗 |
[06:02] | No I.D. | 查无此人 |
[06:03] | But INR estimates he’s no more than secret level clearance. | 不过情报研究局估计他的涉密级别不高 |
[06:07] | They doubt he even had access privileges to the seventh floor. | 他们甚至怀疑他到底有没有七级许可 |
[06:11] | Then why is the Washington Chronicle making such a big splash? | 那《华盛顿纪实》怎么会如此大的举动 |
[06:17] | Reach out to Fisher. | 联系费舍 |
[06:19] | I want her in my office first thing in the morning. | 让她早上来我办公室 |
[06:22] | Tell her I’ll give her an interview if you have to. | 如果必要的话就跟她说可以让她采访我 |
[06:26] | Isn’t that beneath your dignity, Madam Secretary? | 这是不是有损您的尊严 国务卿女士 |
[06:29] | The dignity train has already left the station. | 现在已经顾不得尊严了 |
[06:32] | Have Daisy put together background on her for me. | 让戴西帮我查清她的底细 |
[06:35] | How deep? | 要查到多深 |
[06:37] | The Constitution shouldn’t be violated. | 不违反宪法就好 |
[06:40] | Let’s make that an assumption from now on. | 以后做任何事都已这为底线吧 |
[06:48] | Hey! I can’t believe you’re still up. | 真不敢相信你还没睡 |
[06:51] | I heard all about your day. | 我听说了你今天的事 |
[06:53] | It was all over the news. | 新闻上全是 |
[06:54] | Tell me about the kids. | 孩子们怎么样了 |
[06:56] | They’re great. | 他们好着呢 |
[06:58] | Seriously? The high voice? | 真的吗 语调这么高 |
[07:00] | What’s wrong? | 发生什么事了 |
[07:02] | I didn’t want to pile on your problems. | 我不想再增加你的烦心事了 |
[07:04] | Josh broke up with Alison. | 艾莉森和乔希分手了 |
[07:05] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[07:07] | Is she a puddle? | 她很难过吗 |
[07:08] | She hasn’t really mentioned anything about it yet. | 她还没提过这件事 |
[07:13] | – You didn’t. – I did. | -你不是吧 -没错 |
[07:15] | I thought we said we weren’t gonna do that anymore. | 我以为我们说好了不再这么干了 |
[07:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:19] | So the little dweeb broke up with her in a text? | 所以说那呆子是用短信跟她分手的吗 |
[07:21] | Yeah, with all kinds of weird auto-correct things, | 是啊 还有各种乱七八糟的自动纠错 |
[07:23] | but, yeah, his intent was clear. | 不过他的意图很明确 |
[07:25] | Honey, Alison’s 15. | 亲爱的 艾莉森十五岁了 |
[07:27] | W-we can’t be spying on her texts anymore. | 我们不能继续偷看她的短信 |
[07:29] | Can we? | 对吧 |
[07:30] | Hey, was it really our fault | 我的平板偶然跟她的手机同步了 |
[07:31] | that my iPad somehow tied in with her phone? | 这难道是我的错吗 |
[07:34] | And it’s not like these were icky diary entries. | 而且这又不是什么私密的日记 |
[07:36] | They’re stuff that she’s sharing with her friends. | 这些都是她和朋友们分享的东西 |
[07:37] | – That’s true. – We’re great parents. | -那倒也是 -我们是对很棒的父母 |
[07:39] | – We are. – It’s our responsibility | -是的 -平衡她的隐私 |
[07:40] | to balance her privacy with her safety. | 和安全是我们的职责 |
[07:42] | – She’s at a precarious age. – Fifteen. | -她正处在容易被人迷惑的年龄 -才十五岁 |
[07:45] | We spy because we love. | 我们监视她是因为我们爱她 |
[07:46] | Like the U.S. on France. | 就像美国对法国这样 |
[07:49] | Much, much too soon, right? | 为时过早了点 是吧 |
[07:52] | Well, at least we’ll know what to expect from Hurricane Alison. | 至少我们能为”艾莉森飓风”做好准备 |
[07:56] | Yeah. Oh, and don’t be surprised | 对了 别被杰森画在 |
[07:57] | by the giant “V” that Jason painted on his door. | 卧室门上的巨大的”V”字吓到 |
[08:00] | Viper’s his new hero. | 毒蛇是他的新偶像 |
[08:01] | Not surprised. | 预料之中 |
[08:03] | And Stevie? | 斯蒂芬呢 |
[08:04] | Quietly reveling in your problems. | 暗自狂喜你出事了 |
[08:06] | Remind me again why we had kids? | 我们当初为什么要生孩子 |
[08:10] | They were supposed to be cute. | 他们本该是群很可爱的天使 |
[08:12] | Come on, Mom, you got to admit | 得了吧 妈妈 你得承认 |
[08:14] | that government transparency | 为了提高了政府透明度 |
[08:15] | is worth you getting a little beat up over. | 就算你受点公众谴责也是值得的 |
[08:17] | No, I don’t. | 我才不承认 |
[08:18] | You wrote scholarly papers slamming the CIA for torture. | 你曾在学术论文中抨击中情局的拷问制度 |
[08:22] | That was different… it was torture. | 这不一样 那是拷问 |
[08:23] | So, you think spying on our allies is a good thing? | 所以你觉得监视盟友是件好事吗 |
[08:27] | No, I think it isn’t torture. | 不 我觉得那不同等拷问 |
[08:29] | Feta and spinach omelet up. | 乳酪菠菜蛋卷好了 |
[08:30] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[08:31] | You got it. Hey! | 不客气 |
[08:33] | How’s school, noodle? | 学校过得还好吗 小面面 |
[08:34] | It’s fine. | 挺好的 |
[08:36] | Why don’t you ask me about school? | 你怎么不关心我在学校的情况 |
[08:38] | Because you would just rail | 因为你只会抱怨 |
[08:39] | against the oppression of learning. | 学校的存在是对学习的压抑 |
[08:41] | Yeah, your words. | 这可是你说的 |
[08:42] | So, I got a job yesterday. | 我昨天找了份工作 |
[08:45] | Hey, that’s fantastic. | 很不错嘛 |
[08:46] | The copywriting job? | 是那个文案的活吗 |
[08:48] | No, the hostessing job. | 不是 是招待的活 |
[08:51] | Hostessing? As in? | 招待 是哪种… |
[08:52] | As in, “Party of four? Right this way.” | 我是指 “四个人吗 这边走” |
[08:55] | Frank’s Steak House. | 在弗兰克牛排馆 |
[08:58] | Frank’s… | 弗兰克… |
[08:58] | Yeah, a lot of important people go there. | 很多有头有脸的人都会去那 |
[09:00] | Yep, and I will be showing them to their tables. | 是的 我会带他们入座 |
[09:02] | Cool. Do we get free steak? | 赞 咱们有免费牛排吃吗 |
[09:03] | No. Just like no free rides. | 没有 就像我没有免费的住宿一样 |
[09:07] | I’m the one who decided to drop out of school. | 是我自己决定辍学的 |
[09:09] | I can’t blame you guys for making me pull my weight. | 我不能怪你们让我自给自足 |
[09:20] | The Russian Foreign Minister’s office. | 俄罗斯外交部长办公室的电话 |
[09:22] | Great. | 好极了 |
[09:24] | How did they get our home number? | 他们怎么搞到我们家里的电话的 |
[09:25] | Russia. | 毕竟是俄罗斯人 |
[09:27] | Uh, really? | 真的吗 |
[09:28] | Okay, yeah. | 好的 好 |
[09:29] | Hold on one second. | 请稍等 |
[09:31] | Not for you. | 不是找你的 |
[09:32] | – He wants to meet me. – Gorev? | -他想见我 -葛莱弗吗 |
[09:34] | He wants to talk about my Orthodox Church schisms article. | 他想聊聊我关于东正教不和会的论文 |
[09:37] | Cool. | 太好了 |
[09:38] | Come on, it’s obviously a ploy to get to you. | 拜托 明显是用来接近你的策略 |
[09:40] | Go. Guy’s a powerhouse in Russia, | 去吧 他可是俄罗斯权利很大的人 |
[09:42] | second in line for the President. | 是总统接班人选的第二位 |
[09:44] | It’ll be a kinky story that you met with him. | 你跟他的会面会是个奇妙的故事 |
[09:46] | Just don’t give away Latvia. | 别放弃拉脱维亚就行 |
[09:52] | You have another 23 apology calls to make this morning. | 今天上午还得打二十三个道歉电话 |
[09:55] | Good morning, Nadine. | 早上好 纳丁 |
[09:57] | You really want to start with that every morning? | 您真的想每天早上以这句话开始吗 |
[09:59] | I guess I’m old-fashioned that way. | 我就是个比较传统的人 |
[10:02] | Good morning, Madam Secretary. | 早上好 国务卿女士 |
[10:04] | Ms. Fisher from the Washington Chronicle is waiting for you. | 《华盛顿纪实》的费舍女士在等您了 |
[10:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:07] | Do I need to remind you | 需要我提醒您 |
[10:08] | that anything you say to her could wind up all over the news? | 您跟她说的话可能会全部上报吗 |
[10:12] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[10:13] | I’m pretty good at talking to people. | 我挺擅长跟人聊天的 |
[10:19] | Have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[10:21] | I get why you brought me in here. | 我知道你为什么叫我来 |
[10:24] | So I’ll feel intimidated. | 让我感到恐惧 |
[10:26] | To soften me up. | 你想软化我 |
[10:28] | That thought might’ve crossed my mind. | 我那么想过 |
[10:30] | You think I’m a traitor. | 你觉得我是个叛徒 |
[10:32] | I don’t know what to make of you, Ms. Fisher. | 我不知道你算什么 费舍女士 |
[10:35] | The latest Gallup poll has 52 percent of Americans thinking | 最新的盖洛普民调显示 |
[10:38] | that Viper is providing an important perspective | 52%的美国人认为毒蛇提供了重要的视角 |
[10:41] | on what’s really happening behind American power. | 来检视美国力量的背后到底发生着什么 |
[10:44] | They think he’s a patriot. | 他们觉得他是爱国人士 |
[10:46] | I’m all for transparency, but not this. | 我支持透明化 但不支持这种行为 |
[10:49] | Not giving away State secrets haphazardly. | 个人不该随意泄露国家秘密 |
[10:52] | And isn’t it beneath you | 报道一个 |
[10:53] | to print the petty, trite garbage | 机密级分析员的琐碎又老套的故事 |
[10:55] | of a secret-level analyst? | 难道不觉得有失身份吗 |
[10:57] | Who says he’s only secret level? | 谁说他只是机密级了 |
[10:59] | INR analyzed the cables. | 情报研究局分析了这些消息 |
[11:02] | They’re nothing more than the TMZ of political reporting. | 不过就是类似名人八卦的政治报道罢了 |
[11:06] | INR has it wrong. | 情报研究局错了 |
[11:08] | You won’t be saying that after the next release. | 下次报道之后你就不会那么说了 |
[11:10] | Oh, come on, Gina. | 拜托 吉娜 |
[11:12] | Your source wouldn’t be invited | 你的消息源是不可能 |
[11:14] | to sit in the Situation Room on a Saturday morning | 在周六早上收到邀请到战情室来 |
[11:16] | to watch cartoons. | 坐着看漫画 |
[11:17] | He’s top secret SCI. | 他能接触到最高级别机密 |
[11:20] | Cleared for compartmentalized access | 知道的项目分级信息 |
[11:21] | to more programs than I can count, | 多到我数不过来 |
[11:22] | and you’re gonna have to do a hell of a lot | 下篇报道发出后 |
[11:24] | more than apologize when the next cables hit. | 那问题就不是道歉能解决的了 |
[11:29] | I am so sorry, Madam Secretary. | 抱歉 国务卿女士 |
[11:34] | So long as I have you on the defensive, | 既然你现在如此有歉意 |
[11:38] | will you give us a week | 那能不能在发表下篇报道之前 |
[11:38] | to review the cables | 给我们一周时间 |
[11:39] | before you release the next batch? | 重新审视一下已流出的信息 |
[11:42] | I knew you had an agenda. | 我就知道你让我来是有目的的 |
[11:43] | No. Not a chance. | 不行 绝对不行 |
[11:46] | Well, then, I think you need to leave. | 那我想你该走了 |
[11:57] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:57] | Viper is more of a threat than we realized. | 毒蛇比我们意识到的威胁更大 |
[12:00] | He’s top secret SCI. | 他能接触最高级别机密 |
[12:02] | She gave you that? | 她就这么告诉您了 |
[12:04] | You Jedi mind-tricked her, didn’t you, Ma’am? | 您对她用精神控制了是吗 国务卿 |
[12:05] | There’s no time for a victory lap. | 没时间庆祝胜利了 |
[12:07] | This next batch of cables | 下篇报道 |
[12:09] | could blow covert operatives all over the world. | 可能会披露遍及全球的秘密特工 |
[12:26] | Counsel’s informed me | 律师通知我说 |
[12:27] | that there’s no legal recourse | 没有法律依据 |
[12:29] | to slow down the impending document release. | 能暂缓即将发生的文件泄露 |
[12:31] | Damn First Amendment. | 该死的《宪法第一修正案》[新闻出版自由] |
[12:33] | I think we need to get ahead of this one, Mr. President. | 总统先生 我想咱们得提前出手 |
[12:36] | What do you have in mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[12:37] | Call in all covert operatives | 召回所有的特工 |
[12:39] | until we know what we’re dealing with. | 直到我们弄清现在的情况 |
[12:40] | All? | 所有特工 |
[12:41] | That’s thousands of human assets. | 那可是上千人的人力成本 |
[12:43] | Be an unprecedented move. | 那是史无前例的举动 |
[12:45] | One that I believe is warranted, | 我认为这是有依据的 |
[12:46] | given the downside if I’m right. | 因为如果我对了 后果不堪设想 |
[12:48] | All on the word of this reporter? | 只凭这个记者一面之词吗 |
[12:50] | I mean, ODNI said it’s all froth. | 国情总监办公室说 她说的全是谎话 |
[12:53] | You sure she’s not playing you? | 你确定她不是在骗你 |
[12:55] | 90% sure. | 九成的把握 |
[12:56] | Based on my profiling of her. | 基于我对她的分析 |
[12:59] | I-I think Fisher purposely released milder cables first, | 我觉得费舍是故意先发布了比较温和的内容 |
[13:03] | in order to create an even bigger story | 为第二次发布造成更大轰动 |
[13:05] | with the second release. | 打基础 |
[13:06] | Journalistic showmanship. | 新闻界的炫耀方式 |
[13:08] | I got a good read on her, Sir. | 我很确信我对她的看法没错 总统先生 |
[13:10] | She’s a reporter. | 她是名记者 |
[13:11] | She deals in facts. | 她跟事实打交道 |
[13:12] | I don’t believe she’d lie. | 我不觉得她会说谎 |
[13:18] | I’m going with Elizabeth on this one. | 这次我要采取伊丽莎白的意见 |
[13:22] | Foreign Minister Dubois is back in Paris | 外交部长迪布瓦回巴黎了 |
[13:24] | and calling for my dismissal. | 并且要求解雇我 |
[13:26] | I’m not surprised. | 不奇怪啊 |
[13:27] | You had to pick on a NATO ally, | 你可是惹恼了一个既是北约盟国 |
[13:29] | nuclear power, Security Council member? | 核能国又是安理会常任理事国的国家呢 |
[13:32] | Madam Secretary, part of my job | 国务卿女士 建议您 |
[13:33] | is advising you that you should fire me. | 把我开除也是我分内的工作 |
[13:36] | I’m a little busy right now, | 我这会正忙着呢 |
[13:37] | and I don’t know anyone else who can do your job. | 我也不知道还有什么人能胜任你的工作 |
[13:40] | Don’t be too flattered. | 不要太受宠若惊 |
[13:41] | I was a CIA analyst for 20 years | 我做了二十年中情局分析师 |
[13:43] | and then a college professor, | 然后又当了大学教授 |
[13:44] | so I literally don’t know anyone else | 所以我是实话实说 我真的不认识 |
[13:47] | who can do what you do. | 能胜任你工作的人 |
[13:49] | Look… | 听着 |
[13:51] | I need you to be okay with being dead-man-walking for a while | 我需要你好好把这段时间干好 |
[13:54] | until I can find someone else. | 直到我找到接替的人 |
[13:56] | I’ll draft my resignation letter | 我会开始写辞职书 |
[13:58] | and dust off my resume. | 把简历准备好 |
[14:00] | And keep doing my job. | 同时该做什么继续做什么 |
[14:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:06] | Okay. | 什么事 |
[14:07] | We just ID’d Viper. | 我们刚确定了毒蛇的身份 |
[14:09] | He’s Jed Heller, | 他叫杰德·海勒 |
[14:09] | former INR analyst. | 是情报研究局的前分析师 |
[14:11] | Left five months ago. | 五个月前离职 |
[14:12] | What was his clearance? | 他的涉密级别是什么 |
[14:13] | Top secret SCI, just like Fisher said. | 正如费舍所说的 最高机密级别 |
[14:15] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪里 |
[14:16] | SIGINT from NSA has him in Guinea. | 来自国安局的通信情报发现他在几内亚 |
[14:18] | With whom we don’t have an extradition treaty. | 而我们跟那里没有签过引渡条约 |
[14:21] | What, you want me to hold his identity? | 您要我把他的身份保密吗 |
[14:23] | No. | 不用 |
[14:24] | You can’t give away American secrets | 不能让他一边泄露美国政府的秘密 |
[14:25] | and then sip pina coladas on the beach | 一边在海滩上喝着冰镇果汁朗姆酒 |
[14:27] | while you negotiate your book deal. | 同时一边商议他的自传出版协议 |
[14:28] | Put it out there. | 把信息公布出去吧 |
[14:30] | Uh, Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士… |
[14:31] | this Viper guy Heller bolted on Secretary Marsh’s watch, | 这个毒蛇海勒是在您接管这里之前 |
[14:34] | before you took office. | 国务卿马什在任时辞的职 |
[14:35] | You want me to play that up? | 您要我夸大这点吗 |
[14:37] | No. | 不 |
[14:37] | This is a matter of national security. | 这是事关国家安全的事 |
[14:39] | I want you to play that up. | 我要你夸大的是这一点 |
[14:43] | Oh, let me guess… | 我猜肯定是… |
[14:46] | 《华盛顿纪实》 毒蛇丑闻持续 新的信息已公布 | |
[14:47] | Oh, the next document dump just hit. | 下一篇报道发布了 |
[14:52] | It is as your article suggests: | 正如你文章里所表明的那样 |
[14:55] | religious traditions breed cultural divisions, | 宗教传统会导致文化分隔 |
[14:58] | but they can also dissolve national borders. | 但也能使国家边界变得模糊 |
[15:01] | Look at the Middle East of today. | 瞧瞧今天的中东地区吧 |
[15:04] | I’m impressed, Minister Gorev. | 我很惊讶 葛莱弗部长 |
[15:05] | You’ve obviously read my article | 显然 你读过我的文章 |
[15:06] | and thought deeply on this subject. | 而且在这个问题上思考得非常深入 |
[15:09] | Not as deeply as you, Professor McCord. | 没有你那么深入 麦考德教授 |
[15:11] | Clearly, my daughter is in good hands. | 显然 我女儿受到了很好的照顾 |
[15:14] | Excuse me? | 不好意思你说什么 |
[15:15] | Olga. | 奥尔加 |
[15:16] | My youngest. | 她是我最小的孩子 |
[15:17] | She is in your Ethics | 她在乔治敦大学 |
[15:18] | and Eastern Religions class at Georgetown. | 上你的伦理学与东方宗教课 |
[15:21] | Oh, I had no idea. | 我不知道这事 |
[15:22] | It’s a lecture, so there are a few hundred students. | 课堂都是大的讲课 所以有几百个学生 |
[15:24] | There is a Saudi prince in there, | 倒是有个沙特王子来听课 |
[15:27] | but the keffiyeh is a dead giveaway. | 但他的头巾彻底地暴露了他的身份 |
[15:29] | Olga is very private girl. | 奥尔加是个非常重视隐私的女孩 |
[15:31] | Wants real university experience | 她想要过真正的大学生活 |
[15:34] | without attention because of me. | 不想因为我而受到关注 |
[15:37] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[15:38] | I have a daughter around that age | 我有个和她差不多大的女儿 |
[15:39] | in a similar circumstance. | 面对的情况也很类似 |
[15:41] | So you know what it’s like. | 所以你知道这是什么感觉 |
[15:43] | Having daughter. | 有个女儿的感觉 |
[15:45] | I will look for her. Olga. | 我会照顾她一下的 奥尔加 |
[15:48] | That would be nice. | 那就太好了 |
[15:50] | She’s having a hard time in this class. | 这个课对她来说有点难 |
[15:52] | Getting “C”s on her papers. | 她的几篇论文都只拿了C |
[15:55] | Well, ethics is a sneakily deceptive subject. | 伦理学意想不到的难学 |
[15:59] | Especially seen through the lens of religion. | 尤其是通过宗教来看的话 |
[16:00] | She wants Harvard for graduate school. | 她想读哈佛的研究生 |
[16:02] | A “C” would kill her GPA. | 拿C会拉低她的绩点 |
[16:06] | She needs an “A”. | 她需要得A |
[16:08] | You are aware that it’s an ethics class? | 你知道这是一门伦理学课程吧 |
[16:12] | And you are aware that I can make life | 你也知道我能使你妻子的日子 |
[16:14] | very difficult for your wife? | 非常不好过吧 |
[16:16] | It would be shame, given all her current problems, | 眼下她已有这么多麻烦 如果她跟 |
[16:18] | if she were to have troubles in Eastern Europe as well. | 东欧也出现问题 那就真是可怜了 |
[16:25] | Who knew we spied on Liechtenstein? | 有谁知道我们监视过列支敦士登 |
[16:26] | We spy on everybody, dummy, | 我们监视所有人 笨蛋 |
[16:28] | we just don’t advertise it. | 我们只是不宣传而已 |
[16:29] | They have no standing army, | 他们没有常备军 |
[16:30] | and their biggest export is false teeth. | 他们最大的出口商品是假牙 |
[16:32] | They literally have no bite. | 他们真的是没有以牙还牙的能力 |
[16:34] | Where are we on the security assessment? | 我们的安全评估到什么程度了 |
[16:36] | Munsey is on his way to brief you. | 蒙西正赶来向您做简报 |
[16:38] | Jay is compiling reports from INR | 杰伊正在收集来自情报研究局 |
[16:40] | and all the other intelligence services. | 以及所有其他情报局的报告 |
[16:42] | I guess that means he still works here. | 也就是说他还没辞职呢 |
[16:43] | Well, we heard about Dubois’s crise de colere. | 我们听说迪布瓦”crise de colere” |
[16:47] | It’s hissy fit, in French. | 法语里面就是生气的意思 |
[16:48] | I am aware. Just… | 我知道 只是 |
[16:50] | let’s worry about our own jobs. | 我们还是操心自己的事吧 |
[16:51] | Madam Secretary? Director Munsey. | 国务卿女士 蒙西局长到了 |
[16:53] | How bad is it? | 情况有多糟 |
[16:54] | 37 agents blown. | 有三十七名特工暴露了 |
[16:56] | Tell me we got ’em all. | 快告诉我已经把他们都找回来了 |
[16:57] | All but one. Roy Schaeffer. | 就差一个了 罗伊·谢弗 |
[16:58] | That’s his file. | 这是他的资料 |
[16:59] | Our top asset in Balochistan. | 我们在俾路支斯坦最好的人力资源 |
[17:01] | His cell service was patchy, so he got word late. | 他的手机信号不好 晚一步才收到通知 |
[17:04] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪 |
[17:05] | In a van on his way to the embassy in Islamabad. | 正在去伊斯兰堡大使馆的路上 |
[17:07] | His cover is State Department. USAID. | 他的表面身份是国务院 美国国际开发署 |
[17:10] | His real job is keeping tabs on their nukes. | 他的真实任务是追踪他们的核武器 |
[17:12] | He’ll be executed if he’s caught. | 他要是被抓到就会被处决 |
[17:22] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[17:23] | Nine blocks from the embassy, Madam Secretary. | 还有九个街区就到大使馆 国务卿女士 |
[17:25] | About three quarters of a mile out. | 大约还有一公里的距离 |
[17:28] | He’s gonna make it. | 他会到的 |
[17:30] | I got eyes on you, Schaeffer. | 我看到你了 谢弗 |
[17:32] | – Turn left at the next corner. – That’s Colonel Delaney. | -下一个路口左转 -他是德兰利上校 |
[17:33] | He’s watching from the embassy roof. | 他在大使馆楼上观察情况 |
[17:34] | Damn it, I just picked up a Pakistani military jeep on my tail. | 操 有辆巴基斯坦军用吉普跟着我 |
[17:38] | Open the gate! | 打开大门 |
[17:40] | We got you, Schaeffer. | 没问题 谢弗 |
[17:41] | Eye on the prize. | 盯着前方 |
[17:43] | Crap, closing on me. | 糟了 那车接近我了 |
[17:44] | Don’t let them in front of you. | 别让他们开到你前面 |
[17:45] | Don’t let them cut you off. | 别让他们堵住你 |
[17:46] | – He’s gotta be getting close, right? – Quarter mile. | -他很接近了吧 -还有四百米 |
[17:48] | I’m almost there. | 我就快到了 |
[17:50] | Schaeffer, you got a military vehicle | 谢弗 你九点钟方向 |
[17:52] | at nine o’clock, gonna cut you off. | 有辆军用汽车 正准备堵你 |
[17:56] | Not gonna make it. | 他到不了了 |
[17:57] | Request permission to leave the embassy to grab him up. | 请求离开大使馆支援他 |
[17:59] | Denied. | 不行 |
[18:01] | We can’t get into a firefight with the Pakistanis. | 不能与巴基斯坦军力发生火力冲突 |
[18:03] | Hold your ground. | 坚守阵地 |
[18:04] | Schaeffer, you’ve got another vehicle at three o’clock, approaching. | 谢弗 三点钟方向有辆车离你很近了 |
[18:12] | There he is. | 看到他了 |
[18:20] | They got him. | 他们抓住他了 |
[18:22] | They got him. | 他们抓到他了 |
[18:23] | We can still engage. | 我们还能上前干预 |
[18:27] | No. | 不行 |
[18:30] | No engagement. | 不许干预 |
[18:34] | Tell my parents and sisters I love ’em. | 告诉我的父母和姐妹我爱他们 |
[18:54] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[18:55] | We believe Sahiwal Jail in Lahore. | 应该是拉合尔的沙希瓦尔监狱 |
[18:58] | We’re working on confirmation. | 我们还在确认 |
[18:59] | Assuming he’s there, do we have any access points? | 假设他在里面 我们有接头的吗 |
[19:02] | No one inside. | 监狱里面没有 |
[19:03] | I have a couple field agents who’ve infiltrated | 我有几个外勤特工 |
[19:04] | the sanitation company that services the prison. | 潜伏在那座监狱的清洁公司里 |
[19:07] | Sahiwal has hundreds of cells on five floors. | 沙希瓦尔五层楼里有上百间牢房 |
[19:10] | We’d need intel on exactly where he is. | 我们需要他具体位置的情报 |
[19:13] | I think we need to take an exfiltration op off the table. | 越狱行动不可行 |
[19:17] | Can’t afford it getting messy. | 万一不成功 事情就更复杂了 |
[19:19] | We could threaten to cut their aid. | 我们可以威胁要断了给他们的援助 |
[19:21] | Then we might have to cut their aid, | 那我们也许得假戏真做 |
[19:23] | which would be just as bad. | 后果可能一样糟 |
[19:25] | I can reach out to Ambassador Hesbani, | 我可以跟海斯巴尼大使联系 |
[19:27] | – offer a public apology. – For what? | -做公开道歉 -怎么道歉 |
[19:28] | We’re not admitting our guy’s in The Company. | 我们又不能承认他是中情局的人 |
[19:30] | For the misunderstanding. | 为这场误会道歉 |
[19:32] | It’s a Hail Mary, at best. | 这么做最多也就是在祈求神灵 |
[19:33] | The Pakistanis’ hands are tied. | 巴基斯坦那边也做不了什么 |
[19:34] | They have to manage unrest in the streets. | 他们得先平息街头动乱 |
[19:36] | We’re not exactly winning any popularity contests over there. | 那边的人可不怎么喜欢我们 |
[19:39] | You have any better ideas? | 你有更好的主意吗 |
[19:43] | Give it a shot. | 去试试吧 |
[19:46] | Thanks, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[19:48] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[19:51] | What, I shoot you down too hard in there? | 我在里面打击你太过头了吗 |
[19:53] | I can take it. | 我还受得住 |
[19:54] | No, just wanted to say sorry about your policy guy. | 不 只是对你政策顾问的事表示同情 |
[19:57] | Yeah, I’m going to hold onto him | 我在找到继任者之前 |
[19:59] | until I can find somebody else. | 是不会放他走的 |
[20:00] | I know a guy. | 我认得一个人 |
[20:01] | Really? | 是吗 |
[20:02] | Worked for me on House Armed Services. | 之前在军事委员会为我干过 |
[20:04] | Just finished a fancy PhD, | 刚考了个博士 |
[20:05] | he’s looking to get back in the game. | 想重操旧业 |
[20:07] | I’ll send you his resume. | 我待会把他简历发给你 |
[20:09] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[20:12] | So there I am, | 我就坐在那 |
[20:13] | mano a mano | 跟全世界 |
[20:15] | with one of the most powerful men on Earth | 最有权势的人之一短兵相接 |
[20:16] | and he wants me to compromise my integrity or else. | 而他却威胁我 要我拿正直来妥协 |
[20:20] | Not exactly High Noon, Dad. | 这也不算什么大危机 爸爸 |
[20:22] | Yeah, okay, wise guy. Felt like it. | 好了 聪明鬼 但我当时觉得很像 |
[20:24] | So what’d you do? | 那你怎么回答的 |
[20:25] | Well, uh… | 这个嘛 |
[20:26] | I have to admit, I was a lit-a little thrown. | 我承认 我当时有点乱了阵脚 |
[20:28] | But then — | 但是 |
[20:29] | there’s no other way to describe it — | 我也不知道还能怎么形容 |
[20:30] | this rage built up inside me. | 就是内心之中燃起了一团怒火 |
[20:32] | Like the Hulk. | 就像绿巨人一样 |
[20:34] | Yeah, kind of. | 对 有点像 |
[20:35] | And then, next thing I know, | 然后 我不知不觉 |
[20:37] | I’m pushing my chair back, | 把椅子往后一推 |
[20:38] | – I stand up and– – Don’t tell me you flipped the table. | -站了起来 -你不是把桌子给掀了吧 |
[20:40] | No, but I needed to face him down. | 没有 但我得俯视他 |
[20:42] | And then everything just fell away, | 然后周边的一切都消失了 |
[20:43] | the other people, the food, | 周围的人 食物 |
[20:44] | the sounds… | 声音 |
[20:46] | I just laser-focused on Gorev, | 我的视线聚焦在葛莱弗身上 |
[20:47] | and I ripped him a new one. | 狠狠骂了他一通 |
[20:49] | – Go, Dad! – So gangster! | -爸爸好样的 -好有黑帮的派头 |
[20:51] | How big of a new one? | 多大一通啊 |
[20:52] | Uh…pretty big new one. | 挺大一通的 |
[20:56] | I told him that | 我跟他说 |
[20:56] | I would not compromise my ethics | 我不会违背道德而向他妥协 |
[20:59] | and that his daughter had to live with whatever grade she earned. | 他的女儿该得多少分就得多少分 |
[21:01] | And then I told him, | 然后我又跟他说 |
[21:03] | that “my wife can handle herself, pal. | “我妻子能处理好自己的事 伙计 |
[21:05] | you better not underestimate her.” | 你最好不要低估了她” |
[21:06] | – All right. Go, Mom. – That’s very nice. | -加油 老妈 -说得真好 |
[21:10] | Well, Ali’s still suffering in silence. | 艾莉还是闷着不说话 |
[21:13] | Oh. The poor thing. | 小可怜 |
[21:15] | I could barely get a smile out of her. | 连让她笑一下都困难 |
[21:17] | If we didn’t know, I’d ask her, | 要是我们什么也不知道 我会问她 |
[21:19] | “What’s wrong? Why you being so quiet?” | “怎么了 为什么不说话” |
[21:21] | So ask. | 那就问吧 |
[21:22] | I’m afraid she’ll make me. | 我担心她会识破 |
[21:24] | You’re ex-CIA. She won’t. | 你以前可是中情局的 她识不破 |
[21:27] | Well, I’d feel even more guilty | 要是我对她用那种手段 |
[21:28] | using those skills on her. | 我就更有愧疚感了 |
[21:30] | Whatever happened to, “we spy because we love”? | 不是说监视她是因为我们爱她吗 |
[21:33] | I don’t…I don’t know. | 我…我不知道 |
[21:37] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[21:38] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[21:40] | No. | 不好 |
[21:42] | Work is tough. | 工作很艰苦 |
[21:44] | And I have to be able to turn it off | 但我还得在家 |
[21:46] | before I come back here. | 装得跟没事似的 |
[21:48] | You were very present with the kids before. | 你刚才在孩子们面前表现得很好 |
[21:50] | And now I want to be present with you. | 我现在也想在你面前表现得好 |
[21:56] | I hope I didn’t really make things | 我希望在葛莱弗的事上 |
[21:57] | difficult for you with Gorev. | 没有给你造成太大麻烦 |
[21:59] | No, I like that you stood up to him. | 没有 我很高兴你教训了他 |
[22:03] | Sexy. | 很性感 |
[22:05] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[22:05] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:07] | Your ethics are…even sexier. | 你的道德感 更性感 |
[22:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:13] | Man with a solid moral compass? | 有坚定道德信念的男人 |
[22:17] | Big turn on. | 我最喜欢 |
[22:19] | Who says you have to be a bad boy to get the hot girl? | 谁说男人不坏女人不爱的 |
[22:38] | All right, there’s obviously been some kind of mistake. | 好吧 很显然你们误会什么了 |
[22:45] | What is your job for the CIA? | 你在中情局的工作是什么 |
[22:49] | I’m not CIA, dude. | 我不是中情局的 哥们 |
[22:51] | I’m with the US Aid Safe Drinking Water Project. | 我是美国援助安全饮用水项目的工作人员 |
[22:54] | I’m doing you guys a solid. | 我是在帮你们啊 |
[22:56] | The cable says you are a CIA operative in Balochistan. | 消息说你是中情局在俾路支斯坦的特工 |
[22:59] | Cable got it wrong. | 消息搞错了 |
[23:01] | Ask me about the effectiveness of decontaminating crystals | 不信你可以问我去污晶体 |
[23:04] | in preventing the spread of cholera. | 在预防霍乱传播方面的效果 |
[23:05] | Then why were you in such a hurry to get to your embassy? | 那你为什么这么着急要去大使馆 |
[23:07] | I was just running late on a buddy, man. | 我当时是急着要去见朋友 快迟到了 |
[23:09] | Come on, I’m an American aide worker. | 拜托 我是一名美国助理工人 |
[23:13] | I’m an American aide work… | 我是一名美国助理工… |
[23:16] | Wait! Wait, wait! Wait, wait, no, n-n-no! | 等一下 等一下 不要 不要 |
[23:23] | 国务院 詹姆斯·麦迪逊餐厅 | |
[23:23] | This balushahi is not quite as good as my mother’s. | 这个甜点不如我母亲做得好 |
[23:27] | But close. | 不过也差不多 |
[23:29] | Well, you’ll have to give our pastry chef your mother’s recipe. | 那你得把母亲的配方告诉我们的糕点师 |
[23:32] | Family secret. | 祖传秘方 |
[23:34] | You’ll have to beat it out of her. | 她绝不会轻易放手的 |
[23:39] | I appreciate you making time for me, Ambassador Hesbani. | 很感谢你能抽出时间 海斯巴尼大使 |
[23:42] | My pleasure, Madam Secretary. | 这是我的荣幸 国务卿女士 |
[23:45] | I speak for the President when I say | 我是代表总统说这话 |
[23:47] | we’d like to find a solution to our current situation | 我们希望能尽快找到一个能够 |
[23:49] | as quickly and as amicably as possible. | 友好解决现在这个情况的办法 |
[23:52] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:54] | But what can be done? | 但是能做什么呢 |
[23:56] | An apology. | 我亲自 |
[23:58] | From me. | 公开 |
[23:59] | In public. | 道歉 |
[24:01] | As you’re of course aware, | 你应该也知道 |
[24:03] | public prostration by any American official | 像我这种级别的美国官员 |
[24:05] | at my level is…it’s almost unheard of. | 公开道歉 可以说是前所未有的 |
[24:09] | But this is how much we value our relationship with Pakistan. | 足以证明我们对与巴基斯坦的关系有多重视 |
[24:13] | Generous offer. | 很慷慨的提议 |
[24:15] | But uh, I’m afraid my government’s hands are tied. | 但恐怕我的政府也无能为力 |
[24:18] | After Bin Laden, all the drone strikes, | 在本·拉登以及无人机袭击事件之后 |
[24:20] | we can’t appear to be appeasing America. | 我们不能表现出要取悦美国人的样子 |
[24:22] | Our people simply won’t accept it. | 我们的人民不会答应的 |
[24:25] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[24:26] | But can I ask that you bring this to President Masood? | 但我希望你能把这话转达给马苏德总统 |
[24:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:32] | I’m also asking for humane treatment and time. | 希望审讯手段和时间上也能够人道一些 |
[24:36] | If you could hold off on a trial. | 最好能推迟一下审判 |
[24:38] | We treat all our prisoners humanely. | 我们对待犯人都很人道的 |
[24:41] | But I will make a special inquiry. | 不过我会做特别要求 |
[24:43] | As for a trial, it has already been scheduled for next week. | 至于审判 已经订好将于下周进行 |
[24:49] | I see your intelligence services | 看来你们的情报机构 |
[24:51] | haven’t penetrated our legal system. | 还没有渗透到我们的司法部门 |
[24:56] | Can you postpone the trial? | 你能推迟一下审判吗 |
[24:59] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[25:01] | your country has shown it can disrespect our sovereignty | 你们的国家已经有过侵犯我们的主权 |
[25:05] | with impunity. | 而不受到惩罚的先例 |
[25:06] | The prerogative of the greater power. | 这是超级大国的特权 |
[25:09] | But when you are caught, | 但一旦你们的人被抓住 |
[25:11] | you must accept the consequences. | 你们也要接受后果 |
[25:16] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[25:17] | Schaeffer’s capture by the Pakistanis hit the wires. | 谢弗被巴基斯坦人抓获的事被公布了 |
[25:19] | It’s wall-to-wall on the cable outlets. | 已经铺天盖地了 |
[25:21] | Everyone needs to stop ambushing me on my way in. | 别在我回办公室的路上”伏击”我了 |
[25:24] | We thought you’d want to know right away. | 我们以为您想立刻知道 |
[25:26] | Well, we might need to redefine “right away”. | 那就得重新定义一下”立刻”了 |
[25:29] | So, how do you want to spin it? | 这事您准备怎么解释 |
[25:30] | Schaeffer? I don’t. | 谢弗的事吗 我不解释了 |
[25:31] | So, we’re going with, | 所以我们就直说 |
[25:32] | “Yeah, he was spying on their nukes, our bad”? | “他确实在监视你们的核武器 我们错了” |
[25:36] | We expect Pakistan to treat all prisoners, | 我们希望巴基斯坦人道地 |
[25:39] | including U.S. citizens, | 对待所有囚犯 |
[25:41] | humanely and in accordance with | 包括美国公民 |
[25:42] | the third and fourth Geneva Convention. | 要符合日内瓦公约的第三和第四协定 |
[25:44] | – Got it. – Copy that. | -明白 -收到 |
[25:48] | – You have a visitor, Madam Secretary. – God. | -有人找您 国务卿女士 -我的天 |
[25:49] | Where did you come from? | 你是从哪冒出来的 |
[25:51] | I’m always with you. | 我时刻都在您身边 |
[25:53] | All right, who’s visiting? | 好了 谁找我 |
[25:54] | And why are we allowing it? | 我为什么要见他 |
[25:55] | Our favorite reporter, Gina Fisher. | 我们最爱的记者 吉娜·费舍 |
[25:57] | Says it’s urgent. | 她说是紧急情况 |
[25:58] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:59] | Put her in conference East and don’t offer her a beverage. | 让她去东翼的会议室 不要给她喝的 |
[26:02] | Oh. Also, Russell Jackson’s office asked me | 还有 拉塞尔·杰克逊的人 |
[26:04] | to put this resume in your hands. | 让我把这份简历交给您 |
[26:06] | Well, is it any good? | 这人怎么样 |
[26:07] | Rhodes scholar, Peace Corps, | 罗兹学者 美国和平队 |
[26:09] | PhD in International Studies from Yale. | 耶鲁大学国际学研究博士 |
[26:10] | Well, if you like that kind of thing. | 学霸就是我们的评判标准吗 |
[26:12] | There are 200 more of them. | 还有两百多份呢 |
[26:13] | Been pouring in all day. | 今天源源不断有人送来 |
[26:15] | Have Nadine go through them. | 让纳丁看看 |
[26:21] | Ms. Fisher. | 费舍女士 |
[26:23] | Jed Heller is sick. | 杰德·海勒病了 |
[26:25] | He’s not going by Viper anymore? | 他不称自己为”毒蛇”了吗 |
[26:26] | He didn’t get immunizations before going to Guinea, | 他去几内亚之前没打疫苗 |
[26:29] | and the medical care there isn’t great. | 那里的医疗水平不尽人意 |
[26:32] | He can’t stop vomiting and he wants to come home. | 他不停在呕吐 他想回家 |
[26:36] | He’s welcome to come back | 欢迎他回来 |
[26:37] | and stand trial for espionage anytime he wants. | 随时接受间谍活动的审判 |
[26:40] | Tell that to Guinea. | 这话和几内亚说去 |
[26:41] | Because your office leaked his identity, | 因为你的办公室泄漏了他的身份 |
[26:43] | now they don’t want to let him go. | 现在他们不想放他走了 |
[26:44] | They think he’s too valuable. | 他们认为他有很大的价值 |
[26:46] | Did you just call me a leaker? | 你居然还来说我泄露消息 |
[26:48] | He’s an American citizen. You have to do something. | 他是美国公民 你必须做点什么 |
[26:50] | I don’t need you to lecture me on civic responsibility. | 我不需要你来教我什么是公民责任 |
[26:52] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[26:53] | But if he dies, it’s on you. | 但是如果他死了 责任在你 |
[27:07] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[27:08] | We’ve confirmed with the Guinea Health Ministry | 我们已同几内亚卫生部证实 |
[27:10] | that Mr. Heller has been admitted | 海勒先生已经住进了 |
[27:12] | to the Ignace Deen Hospital in Conakry. | 科纳克里的伊格纳茨·迪恩医院 |
[27:15] | How bad is he? | 他情况怎么样 |
[27:16] | He has, uh, schistosomiasis. | 他得了血吸虫病 |
[27:19] | It’s a rare African disease caused by an… | 是罕见的非洲疾病 |
[27:21] | an infestation of worms in the skin. | 由皮肤中长的寄生虫引起 |
[27:25] | A worm disease. | 寄生虫疾病 |
[27:27] | Fitting. | 说的通 |
[27:28] | He’s also developed a secondary meningococcus. | 他还得了第二阶段的脑膜炎 |
[27:32] | CDC says he needs a regimen of ceftriaxone, | 疾控中心说他需要接受一个疗程的头孢曲松 |
[27:35] | which isn’t available in Guinea, or he could die. | 几内亚没有这种药 他会死在那里 |
[27:38] | And I was starting to think maybe we didn’t want him back. | 都已经开始考虑不让他回来了 |
[27:42] | A trial would put this whole mess back in the news. | 审判他的话会让这烂摊子又成为新闻焦点 |
[27:44] | True, but there’s justice to consider, ma’am. | 是的 但是正义是要伸张的 女士 |
[27:47] | Well, yeah, there’s that. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[27:49] | And he is an American citizen, | 而且他是美国公民 |
[27:51] | deserving of our protection, | 无论他做了什么 |
[27:53] | regardless of what he’s done. | 都是我们保护的对象 |
[27:55] | That, too. | 这也是没错 |
[27:57] | Have our Guinea ambassador reach out on humanitarian grounds. | 让我们的几内亚大使从人道主义角度着手 |
[28:01] | Any inducements? | 要给他什么好处吗 |
[28:02] | No, the inducement is I’m asking. | 不用 好处就是这是我拜托他去做的 |
[28:07] | Nadine, did you get a chance | 纳丁 你看了杰克逊 |
[28:08] | to read that resume? From Jackson? | 拿来的那些简历吗 |
[28:11] | Yes. Ben Rosenthal. | 是的 本·罗圣泰 |
[28:13] | He’s more than qualified. | 他非常优秀 |
[28:16] | So, should I meet with him? | 那我应该跟他见一面吗 |
[28:17] | Or will I have to worry | 或者我要担心 |
[28:18] | that he’s always gonna be Jackson’s guy? | 他会一直是杰克逊的人 |
[28:22] | Everyone is someone else’s guy, until they’re your guy. | 每人都有所属 直到他成为你的人 |
[28:29] | An Islamabad court just sentenced Roy Schaeffer to death. | 伊斯兰堡法庭判刚判了罗伊·谢弗死刑 |
[28:32] | What? | 什么 |
[28:34] | Hesbani told me the trial wasn’t until next week. | 海斯巴尼说审判在下周 |
[28:38] | Pakistan. | 那可是巴基斯坦 |
[28:41] | He’s scheduled to be hanged in two days. | 他两天之后就要被实施绞刑 |
[28:43] | That’s fast. | 太快了 |
[28:45] | Even for that part of the world. | 即使是按照他们那些国家的标准 |
[28:47] | Well, they’re making a point. | 他们是在杀鸡儆猴 |
[28:49] | I’m open to ideas. | 你们有什么主意吗 |
[28:52] | Maybe that op that Munsey was talking about. | 或者可以实施蒙西提议的军事行动 |
[28:54] | That you were against? | 你之前反对的那个吗 |
[28:55] | Well, that was before the execution was set. | 那是在他们宣布死刑之前 |
[28:57] | And we’ve confirmed that he’s at Sahiwal. | 现在我们也已证实他在沙希瓦尔 |
[29:00] | We’ve penetrated their sanitation system. | 我们已经潜入了监狱的清洁公司 |
[29:03] | Maybe we can turn a prison guard? | 或许我们可以买通一个狱警 |
[29:05] | Well, then we’d have to get him out, and his family, too. | 那我们就得把狱警和他的家人也救出来 |
[29:07] | I can have Munsey get into that. | 我可以让蒙西去办 |
[29:08] | The Secretary of State’s job is | 国务卿的工作 |
[29:10] | to offer diplomatic solutions, not cowboy operations. | 是想出外交手段 不是发动牛仔的战争 |
[29:13] | Oh, I resent that characterization, | 我很反感这种说法 |
[29:15] | especially coming from someone who’s never even run an op. | 尤其你又没指挥过军事行动 |
[29:17] | Bess, it has to be a diplomatic solution. | 贝丝 必须要用外交手段解决 |
[29:21] | What if there isn’t one? | 万一外交手段解决不了呢 |
[29:23] | Then what’s our response after they execute Schaeffer? | 那当他们处决了谢弗之后我们要怎么回应 |
[29:27] | We’re disappointed, | 我们深表遗憾 |
[29:28] | but Pakistan is still an important ally. | 但巴基斯坦依然是我国重要的同盟国 |
[29:34] | Let’s keep thinking on it. | 再继续想想别的办法 |
[29:40] | Prisoner swap? | 囚犯交换怎么样 |
[29:42] | Who do we got? | 我们手上有什么人 |
[29:43] | Five Pakistani nationals at Guantanamo | 关塔那摩里关着五个巴基斯坦人 |
[29:46] | on various terrorism charges. | 皆因不同程度恐怖主义罪行入狱 |
[29:48] | Do the Pakistanis want ’em? | 巴方政府想把他们赎回去吗 |
[29:49] | Families do. | 他们家人想 |
[29:50] | They’ve made inquiries. | 他们来询问过 |
[29:52] | The Guineans are refusing to hand over Jed Heller. | 几内亚拒绝放杰德·海勒回国 |
[29:55] | His health is declining. | 他的健康状态每况愈下 |
[29:57] | He’s been moved to intensive care. | 已被转入重症病房 |
[29:59] | Let’s stay focused on the guy who didn’t betray his country. | 先着手拯救没有叛国的公民吧 |
[30:02] | I want an answer on what will move Pakistan on Schaeffer. | 有什么能让巴基斯坦放过谢弗 |
[30:06] | You want an answer? | 你想知道答案吗 |
[30:07] | An SC-RAM defensive system. | 一套SC-RAM防御系统 |
[30:10] | That is not an answer, dude. | 这可不算是什么好答案 |
[30:12] | She asked what would move the Pakistanis. | 她问什么才能让巴基斯坦放人 |
[30:14] | What, you’re telling me it won’t? | 难道你觉得他们这样都不肯放人吗 |
[30:15] | Of course it would, | 他们当然肯 |
[30:15] | but we can’t give one to the Pakistanis. | 但我们不能把这系统给巴基斯坦 |
[30:17] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[30:19] | Strategic Counter Rocket, Artillery and Mortar system, | 战略性反火箭火炮及迫击炮系统 |
[30:21] | also known as Steel Cage. | 别称”钢铁牢笼” |
[30:23] | It’s a high-tech defensive weapons system | 一套高科技防御武器系统 |
[30:25] | that we deployed two years ago. | 我军在两年前刚开始启用 |
[30:26] | The Pakistanis practically begged us for it. | 之前巴方政府一直在恳求我们卖给他们 |
[30:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:30] | Because India has it. | 因为印度手上有这套系统 |
[30:32] | The Pakistanis made their case for military rebalancing | 巴方政府就军力平衡以及 |
[30:35] | and improving strategic status quo here at State, | 提高战略性防御现状方面在国务院 |
[30:38] | at Defense and at the White House… | 国防部以及白宫都提交过草案 |
[30:40] | Dalton killed it. | 都被道尔顿总统否决了 |
[30:42] | And if we give it to them now… | 如果我们现在把系统卖给他们… |
[30:44] | Too arms for hostagey. | 会显得我们完全被套住了 |
[30:48] | Well, does anyone else have it other than India? | 除了印度还有其他国家有这系统吗 |
[30:51] | The Chinese and the Russians each have their own versions. | 中国和俄罗斯都有自己研制的系统 |
[30:54] | But neither are interested in selling it to Pakistan. | 但两方都没有兴趣卖给巴基斯坦 |
[31:00] | I worked the phones for hours | 我打了无数个电话 |
[31:01] | and finally got everybody on board with a deal | 总算找到一个所有人都同意的方案 |
[31:04] | that the President and Pakistan signed off on. | 总统和巴方政府都签署同意了 |
[31:08] | Wow. Congrats. You’re amazing. | 恭喜 你太厉害了 |
[31:09] | Well, Jay, my policy guy, provided a huge piece of the puzzle, | 杰伊 我的政策顾问提了个好主意 |
[31:12] | but I pulled the rabbit out of a hat. | 但最终促成这事的人是我 |
[31:16] | I told you you’d be great at this job. | 我就说你肯定能胜任这工作 |
[31:20] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[31:21] | But aren’t you curious about what the rabbit is? | 但你不好奇我是怎么促成的吗 |
[31:25] | The big idea? Of course. | 你的灵思妙想吗 当然好奇 |
[31:26] | I’m just so used to not asking | 我只是不习惯问你 |
[31:28] | I assume it’s confidential. | 我想这一定是机密信息 |
[31:30] | It is. | 的确是 |
[31:31] | But not for you. | 但对你而言不是 |
[31:34] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[31:36] | It’s a three way deal. | 这是三方协议 |
[31:37] | And it actually has Russia giving Pakistan | 俄罗斯会给巴基斯坦 |
[31:40] | something that they really want. | 一样他们很想要的东西 |
[31:43] | Secretly, of course. | 当然 是秘密交易 |
[31:45] | Okay, so why am I privy? | 好吧 那这秘密我为什么又可以知道呢 |
[31:48] | ‘Cause we need to give Russia something that they want. | 因为我们需要给俄罗斯他们想要的东西 |
[31:51] | Something really special. | 一样很特别的东西 |
[31:54] | What? | 什么 |
[31:55] | An “A”. | 一个A |
[31:57] | I floated to Foreign Minister Gorev | 我向外交部长葛莱弗提议 |
[32:00] | that you would give his daughter an “A”, | 你能帮他女儿把成绩改成A |
[32:02] | if he would convince his government | 只要他能说服俄方政府 |
[32:03] | to sell Pakistan a certain defensive weapons system. | 把某套防御性武器系统卖给巴基斯坦 |
[32:07] | I was totally skeptical that he would go for it, | 我完全没料到他会接受 |
[32:10] | but then, I mean, you know how important | 但话说回来 你也知道他有多看重 |
[32:12] | his daughter’s grade is to him. | 他女儿的成绩 |
[32:15] | I know! It’s crazy. | 我知道这很荒唐 |
[32:18] | Nuts! | 简直荒谬 |
[32:20] | Arms for “A”s. | 用武器换一个A |
[32:22] | Please tell me you’re kidding. | 告诉我你是在跟我开玩笑 |
[32:24] | No, not kidding, babe. | 不 我没有在开玩笑 宝贝 |
[32:27] | Gorev’s office is holding on my secure line right now, | 葛莱弗办公室的人正在线上 |
[32:29] | waiting final word that you’ll do it | 等待你的最终确认 |
[32:31] | before shipping the weapons system to Pakistan. | 然后再正式把武器系统运到巴基斯坦 |
[32:33] | Gorev can deliver a weapons system? | 葛莱弗能左右武器系统的交易 |
[32:35] | Second most powerful guy in Russia. | 他是俄罗斯的第二把手 |
[32:37] | And you actually put me in the middle of all this? | 你居然让我蹚这摊浑水 |
[32:39] | Rabbit out of the hat. | 这就是我的灵思妙想 |
[32:42] | How dare you. | 你怎么能这么做 |
[32:45] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[32:46] | I know, I was desperate. | 我知道这不好 但我真的别无他法 |
[32:49] | If this got out, | 如果这事传出去了 |
[32:50] | my entire life’s work would be discredited. | 我毕生的成就都会失去可信度 |
[32:51] | I would be ruined. | 我会身败名裂 |
[32:52] | Well, that’s why it’s top secret. | 所以这会是个特级机密 |
[32:54] | I feel really good about that | 在你那毒蛇捅了大娄子后 |
[32:56] | after your whole Viper mess. | 这话真让人”安心” |
[32:58] | Well, now, technically, that was Marsh’s mess. | 严格来说 那是马什捅的娄子 |
[33:00] | What happened to my ethics being so sexy to you? | 你不是说我的道德观很性感吗 |
[33:02] | They are! This is a one-off! | 是很性感没错 这是仅此一次的破例 |
[33:04] | It’s just a crazy situation that trumps ethics. | 这只是一个超越道德的疯狂状况 |
[33:07] | The very nature of ethics is they can’t be trumped. | 道德的本质就是它不能被超越 |
[33:09] | Please don’t make me argue with the religion professor. | 别让我跟宗教教授辩论 |
[33:11] | So, your work is more important than mine? | 所以说你的工作比我的更重要吗 |
[33:13] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[33:14] | But you’re willing to risk my entire career. | 但你甘愿拿我的毕生事业冒险 |
[33:16] | But a man is going to be killed. | 有人要被处决了 |
[33:18] | Who’s gonna get killed? | 谁要被处决 |
[33:19] | No one. | 没人 |
[33:20] | Then why did you say it? | 那你为什么这么说 |
[33:21] | Go back to bed, please? Come on. | 回去睡觉好吗 乖 |
[33:23] | Josh broke up with me. | 乔希把我甩了 |
[33:24] | – At 2:00 in the morning? – Oh, my God. | -在凌晨两点的时候 -天啊 |
[33:27] | – Aw, Noodle. – He’s a doofus anyway. | -小面面 -反正他就是个蠢货 |
[33:28] | Hey, Jason! | 杰森 |
[33:30] | Alison, listen. | 艾莉森 听着 |
[33:31] | Your dad and I just have something | 你爸爸和我 |
[33:32] | really important that we need to talk about, okay? | 有非常重要的事情要谈 好吗 |
[33:34] | More important than my shattered existence? | 比我这个心碎碎还重要吗 |
[33:36] | – No. – Henry… | -当然不是 -亨利 |
[33:38] | Okay, look, Noodle, I’ll be there in a minute, okay? | 听着小面面 我马上就来 好吗 |
[33:40] | Do we know the guy getting killed? | 我们认识那个要被杀的人吗 |
[33:41] | Back to bed! | 回去睡觉 |
[33:42] | – Upstairs! – Yeah, whatever you say Ma’am Secretary. | -上楼 -遵命 国务卿大人 |
[33:44] | Come on, dude. | 走吧伙计 |
[33:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:48] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[33:52] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[33:53] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[33:56] | So is my integrity. | 我的诚信也很重要 |
[33:59] | As an academic, that’s all I have. | 作为大学老师 这就是我的全部 |
[34:00] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[34:01] | I compromise my ethics every single day in this job! | 干这份工作 我每天都在做道德妥协 |
[34:06] | That’s not entirely true. | 我说的有点夸张了 |
[34:11] | I don’t have time to worry about my decaying moral fiber. | 我没时间去担心自己腐朽的道德了 |
[34:14] | I moved heaven and earth to get | 我想尽一切办法 |
[34:17] | the President and Pakistan and Russia | 要让总统与巴基斯坦和俄罗斯 |
[34:19] | all on board, and the entire thing falls apart without you. | 达成一致 可没有你的帮助事情就成不了 |
[34:23] | So, please, just say yes. | 所以求你 答应我吧 |
[34:27] | No. | 不 |
[34:29] | You shouldn’t have involved me in this. | 你不应该把我卷进来 |
[34:31] | You’re gonna have to find another way. | 你得另外想办法 |
[34:35] | Now, I’m gonna go and comfort our daughter. | 现在我要去安慰女儿了 |
[34:51] | How’s Ali? | 艾莉怎么样 |
[34:52] | Extremely upset. | 非常难过 |
[34:54] | Understandably. | 可以理解 |
[34:57] | I’m gonna check on her later. | 待会儿我去看看她 |
[34:58] | I’ve been on the phone with Gorev, and… | 我跟葛莱弗通电话了 |
[35:01] | I got him to move off the “A”. | 我说服他别再惦记着A了 |
[35:04] | Oh, my God. Now we’re gonna be fighting over a “B”? | 天啊 现在我们又要为能不能得B吵一架吗 |
[35:08] | No. | 不 |
[35:09] | All Gorev cares about is his daughter’s GPA. | 他只关心女儿的平均成绩点数 |
[35:12] | If you would consider giving her an Incomplete, | 如果你能给她一个”因故重修” |
[35:15] | that wouldn’t affect it. | 就不会影响平均成绩点数 |
[35:16] | She can retake the course next semester | 她下学期可以重修这门课 |
[35:19] | and you don’t give an undeserved grade. | 这样你就不用给她一个不公正的分数了 |
[35:23] | The deadline for Incompletes has passed. | 因故重修的申请时间已经过了 |
[35:26] | Henry, I’m out of rabbits. | 亨利 我黔驴技穷了 |
[35:31] | This operative will really die if you don’t make this deal? | 如果不交易 这个特工真的会死吗 |
[35:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:38] | Does he have family? | 他有家人吗 |
[35:40] | A mom, a dad and three little sisters. | 妈妈 爸爸和三个妹妹 |
[35:43] | That you didn’t shove in my face before to try to move me? | 你怎么没先跟我说这些来打动我 |
[35:46] | No, even Elizabeth the Unethical has her lines. | 不了 我道德再腐朽也是有底限的 |
[35:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:25] | The United States is very sorry | 美国政府非常遗憾 |
[36:28] | for the misunderstanding between our two countries. | 两国之间产生了误会 |
[36:32] | Pakistan is an important ally and friend. | 巴基斯坦是重要的同盟和朋友 |
[36:38] | Where are we? | 怎么样了 |
[36:39] | It’s a live image of the embassy gate in Islamabad. | 这是驻伊斯兰堡使馆大门前的现场画面 |
[36:42] | No sign of them yet. | 他们还没出现 |
[36:45] | They were supposed to deliver Schaeffer half hour ago. | 半小时前他们就应该把谢弗送来了 |
[36:47] | They could be backing out. | 他们有可能违约了 |
[36:57] | Call Hesbani. | 给海斯巴尼打电话 |
[36:58] | I want him in my office. | 让他来我办公室 |
[37:03] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[37:30] | That’s him. That’s Schaeffer. | 是他 是谢弗 |
[37:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:57] | Madam Secretary, protocol explicitly states that | 国务卿女士 协议明确规定 |
[38:00] | – foreign gifts remain in the gift room. – Noted. | -外国礼品要留在礼品间 -知道了 |
[38:05] | I decree an exception. | 我命令破例 |
[38:07] | Oh, thank God. | 太好了 |
[38:11] | I second the decree. | 我赞成这命令 |
[38:12] | Uh, uh, decrees don’t need seconding. | 命令不需要赞成 |
[38:14] | Uh, this one felt like it did. | 但这个好像需要 |
[38:16] | Let’s have a toast to Roy Schaeffer. | 为罗伊·谢弗干一杯吧 |
[38:19] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[38:20] | Welcome home! | 欢迎回家 |
[38:27] | Smooth. | 口感细腻 |
[38:28] | I don’t know what Jefferson’s problem was. | 我真搞不懂杰弗森有什么毛病 |
[38:31] | Now that Schaeffer’s back, | 现在谢弗回来了 |
[38:32] | can you tell us how you got the Russians | 您能告诉我们您是怎么说动俄罗斯 |
[38:34] | to move on giving an SC-RAM to the Pakistanis? | 让他们把SC-RAM给巴基斯坦的吗 |
[38:38] | Guess I was just convincing. | 估计是我比较有说服力 |
[38:39] | Guinea handed Jed Heller | 几内亚把杰德·海勒 |
[38:41] | over to the U.S. Consulate in Conakry. | 交给了美国驻科纳克里领事馆 |
[38:43] | He’s on a medical plane heading to Ramstein. | 他在飞往拉姆施泰因的医疗专机上 |
[38:46] | That’s a quick change of heart for the Guineans. | 几内亚主意改得很快啊 |
[38:48] | Well, the Russians hold a lot of sway over them. | 俄罗斯对他们有很大影响力 |
[38:50] | They put in a word. | 是俄罗斯开了口 |
[38:51] | The Russians must’ve really wanted whatever you gave them. | 您给的东西一定是俄罗斯人特别想要的 |
[38:55] | The good news is | 好消息是 |
[38:56] | Heller’s gonna face the music. | 等海勒身上的虫都拔出来之后 |
[38:58] | After he’s de-wormed. | 他会承担一切后果 |
[39:02] | You know, speaking of Heller, | 知道吗 说到海勒 |
[39:04] | I want to make an actual decree. | 我想下个正式的命令 |
[39:06] | Matt, draft a memo to the staff. | 马特 给员工们写个备忘录 |
[39:09] | From now on, | 从现在开始 |
[39:10] | I expect all correspondence at every level of confidentiality | 我希望任何保密等级的所有通信内容 |
[39:16] | to be civil and respectful, | 均要用语文明 措词尊敬 |
[39:19] | worthy of the office being represented. | 配得上国务院的地位象征 |
[39:21] | How wide do you want it to go? | 您希望它的适用范围有多大 |
[39:23] | How many people work here? | 现在在职的有多少人 |
[39:24] | 31,822. | 31822人 |
[39:26] | That’ll do it. | 那就这些人 |
[39:28] | Now take your cocktails | 拿好你们的鸡尾酒 |
[39:29] | and the rest of the day to yourselves. | 给自己放个假吧 |
[39:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:32] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[39:34] | Madam Secretary, can I have a minute? | 国务卿女士 我能耽误您一会吗 |
[39:35] | Ah, sure. | 当然 |
[39:38] | Now that, uh, things have settled down. | 既然事件已经平息了 |
[39:42] | Well, unless that’s great seats to the Kennedy Center, | 除非这是肯尼迪中心前排的票 |
[39:45] | I don’t want it. | 否则我不要 |
[39:46] | What about Dubois? | 迪布瓦怎么办 |
[39:48] | I called him this morning | 我今天早上给他打电话了 |
[39:49] | and told him that while I was very sorry that he was insulted, | 告诉他 尽管我对其被冒犯一事深表歉意 |
[39:53] | he doesn’t get to make decisions about my staff. | 但是他无权干预我的员工去留 |
[39:56] | How’d he take it? | 他能接受吗 |
[39:58] | I had to pardon his French. | 让他发点牢骚吧 |
[40:02] | What about Jackson’s guy? | 那杰克逊的人怎么办 |
[40:04] | Your idea helped to save a man’s life. | 你的主意挽救了一个人的性命 |
[40:07] | You got it over the finish line. | 是您最终促成的 |
[40:09] | So… we’re a good team. | 所以 我们是个优秀的团队 |
[40:13] | All due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[40:13] | I was on Secretary Marsh’s team. | 我曾效力于国务卿马什的团队 |
[40:15] | I was his guy. | 我曾是他的人 |
[40:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:18] | I was hoping to ride him to the White House. | 我原本希望协助他入主白宫 |
[40:20] | You don’t have such ambitions. | 您没有这份雄心吧 |
[40:23] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[40:25] | But clearly you can make a difference here at State. | 但显然你也能在国务院做出一番事业 |
[40:28] | And I am a sucker for anyone who’s good at their job. | 我对尽职工作的人无话可说 |
[40:32] | But if something comes along with a presidential contender, | 如果总统竞选出现了新的局势 |
[40:35] | I’ll understand. | 我会理解的 |
[40:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[40:41] | Oh, and, uh, Jay, one other thing. | 对了 杰伊 还有一件事 |
[40:44] | As long as you’re here, you’re my guy now. | 既然你在这里 如今你就是我的人 |
[40:59] | Stevie got home a little while ago. | 斯蒂芬刚刚到家了 |
[41:01] | Seems like she had an pretty good first night hostessing. | 看起来今晚她第一次迎宾做得不错 |
[41:04] | If humbling. | 谦虚来讲的话 |
[41:06] | Cool. | 那就好 |
[41:08] | Did you notice that Ali’s in much better spirits? | 你有没有发现 艾莉精神好多了 |
[41:11] | Oh, I noticed. | 我发现了 |
[41:13] | Check this out. | 看看这个 |
[41:15] | What? | 什么 |
[41:16] | Fresh intel on Ali’s better spirits. | 艾莉好精神的新来源 |
[41:20] | Flint Summers. | 弗林特·萨默斯 |
[41:22] | Who’s that? | 他是谁 |
[41:23] | They’ve been texting all afternoon. | 他们发了一个下午的短信 |
[41:25] | Clearly she’s moved on from Josh. | 显然她已经从乔希的阴影里走出来了 |
[41:26] | So I did a little digging. | 所以我调查了一下 |
[41:28] | He plays on the varsity football team. | 他是大学橄榄球队的 |
[41:31] | Flint is two years ahead of Ali. | 弗林特比艾莉高两年级 |
[41:33] | That makes him 17. | 所以今年应该是十七岁 |
[41:34] | I know. Whole new world from 15. | 我知道 跟十五岁完全不一样 |
[41:36] | Yeah, and by whole new world, you mean… he’ll… sex. | 你说的完全不一样 指的是他会…做爱吗 |
[41:38] | – He’ll push for it. – Of course! | -他会要求的 -当然了 |
[41:40] | Name like Flint Summers? There’s no boundaries. | 叫弗林特·萨默斯的人 没有底线的 |
[41:46] | What are we doing? | 我们在做什么 |
[41:47] | Losing our minds. | 发疯失常 |
[41:48] | Pretty much. | 差不多 |
[41:49] | We have to stop this, don’t we? | 我们必须到此为止了 对吧 |
[41:57] | Okay, if I push this button… | 好的 如果我点这里 |
[42:02] | we sever the link forever. | 我们就彻底切断这个链接了 |
[42:03] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:10] | Now, it begins. | 开始了 |
[42:11] | Parenting without a net. | 不带监控的家庭教育 |
[42:16] | Well, Stevie turned out all right. | 斯蒂芬平安长大了 |
[42:18] | She quit college. | 她从大学退学了 |
[42:19] | She’s not a meth addict. | 她没有染上毒品 |
[42:20] | That’s a high bar. | 这个标准挺高的 |
[42:24] | Listen, about last night? | 听着 昨天晚上 |
[42:25] | Oh, I’m over it. | 我已经不介意了 |
[42:28] | I saw the video of Schaeffer reuniting with his family. | 我看了谢弗跟家人重聚的画面 |
[42:31] | Well, good. I wasn’t apologizing about that. | 那就好 我不是要为此道歉 |
[42:33] | It’s this job. | 是我的工作 |
[42:35] | Is it turning me into a morally compromised version of myself? | 是不是因为它 我都变成道德妥协版的了 |
[42:38] | Because I am worried | 因为我担心 |
[42:40] | that I’m gonna become someone that you can’t be with anymore. | 我会变成一个你不能接受的人 |
[42:45] | I talk a good game, but I am no pillar of virtue. | 我说得很好 但不代表我从不违反道德 |
[42:48] | You’re a good man. | 你是个好人 |
[42:50] | I-I need you to be my touchstone. | 我需要你做我的标准 |
[42:52] | Uh, to tell me if I’m crossing lines. | 告诉我是不是越界了 |
[42:56] | I’d quit this job in a heartbeat | 如果这份工作威胁到我们的关系 |
[42:58] | if it threatened what we have. | 我可以立刻辞掉 |
[43:02] | That’s not gonna happen. | 不要担心 |
[43:06] | But if you’re asking me to be the man beside the woman? | 但是 如果你让我做女人身边的男人 |
[43:12] | I’m in. | 我会的 |
[43:14] | “The man beside the woman.” Yeah. | “女人身边的男人” 没错 |