时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | We are now boarding group three. Group three. | 第三组乘客正在登机 第三组 |
[00:06] | Ellipse Airlines Flight 504 to Beijing. | 椭圆航空公司前往北京的504航班 |
[00:09] | Group three. That’s rows ten through 25. | 第三组也就是第十行到第二十五行的乘客 |
[00:13] | Please have your tickets ready. | 请准备好您的登机牌 |
[00:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[00:49] | Hi. Thank you. | 您好 谢谢 |
[00:59] | No, I’m not going. | 不 我不去 |
[01:01] | I’m sorry? | 不好意思 |
[01:08] | No. I’m not going. | 不 我不去 |
[01:11] | I’m not going to China. They’ll arrest me. | 我不去某国 他们会逮捕我的 |
[01:13] | I want to stay in the United States. | 我想留在美国 |
[01:15] | I want political asylum. | 我要政治庇护 |
[01:17] | Is there a problem here? | 有什么问题吗 |
[01:30] | Oh, hey. Hey, Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[01:31] | – I have a budget meeting. – It’s just gonna take a sec. | -我要去开预算会议 -就一会儿 |
[01:33] | – It’s about the Henkashu Islands. – Remind me. | -是关于根岛的事 -什么事 我忘了 |
[01:35] | Four uninhabited rocky outcroppings | 就是在某国东海上的四块露出海平面的 |
[01:37] | – in the East China Sea. – Right. | -无人岛 -哦 是那件事 |
[01:39] | China and Japan both claim ownership | 某国和日本都宣称 |
[01:41] | in a dispute going back generations, | 一直以来就是自己的领土 |
[01:43] | which picked up steam once it became clear | 岛屿下有天然气储量一事被公开后 |
[01:45] | that there’s natural gas deposits just underneath them. | 争端就加剧了 |
[01:47] | Two weeks ago, China sent a reconnaissance plane | 两周前 某国派了一辆无人侦察机 |
[01:50] | over the islands, Japan scrambled an F-15, | 去了岛屿 日本则派了F-15战斗机去 |
[01:52] | they buzzed each other | 围着对方绕了几圈 |
[01:52] | and the Japanese pilot had to ditch. | 日本飞行员不得不放弃 |
[01:54] | You called an emergency summit | 你召开了紧急峰会 |
[01:55] | to try to avoid an escalation. | 想办法避免事态扩大 |
[01:57] | – You read my memo. – I did. | -你看了我的备忘录 -是啊 |
[01:59] | And you have photographic memory. | 你还有过目不忘的能力 |
[02:00] | – I do. – That’s impressive. | -没错 -真厉害 |
[02:02] | I’m told. | 很多人都跟我这么说 |
[02:03] | Well, speaking of impressive… | 说到厉害嘛 |
[02:05] | I got both sides to agree | 我让双方都同意 |
[02:07] | that neither lays claim to the islands | 既不要宣称所有权 |
[02:09] | and they divide the natural resources. | 双方共享自然资源 |
[02:10] | We’re still working out some of the details, but it means that | 我们还在处理一些细节 但这就意味着 |
[02:12] | – by this afternoon we could have a treaty. – Fine. | -下午我们就可以签约了 -好 |
[02:15] | I’ll have POTUS there for the signing ceremony. | 我会让总统出席签约仪式的 |
[02:18] | Fine? My… | 好 我… |
[02:19] | Fine? Really? | 只是好吗 真的吗 |
[02:21] | Because my staff and I have been up for four days straight | 我和我的人为了避免发生第三次世界大战 |
[02:23] | trying to avert World War III, | 奋斗了四天四夜了 |
[02:25] | and that’s what we get? We get “Fine”? | 我们就得个这吗 就得到一句”好” |
[02:28] | It’s like…god, I’m so sorry. | 就像…天哪 不好意思 |
[02:31] | I mean, we’ve…it’s been a really… | 我是说 我们…奋斗了 |
[02:34] | It’s been a really long four days, | 奋斗了整整四天 |
[02:36] | and I am totally | 我完全没 |
[02:38] | sleep-deprived and hopped-up on coffee. | 合过眼 咖啡喝过头有点兴奋 |
[02:40] | I actually feel sick. | 我觉得不太舒服 |
[02:43] | Your predecessor and I had developed a shorthand. | 你的前辈和我达成了一个共识 |
[02:46] | “Fine”… | “好” |
[02:47] | means “thank you for not screwing up”. | 意味着”谢谢你没搞砸” |
[02:51] | It’s high praise. Take it. | 极高的赞赏 知足吧 |
[02:57] | He’s on with the Japanese going over the wording | 他正在和日本谈判 |
[02:59] | for the ceremony. | 仪式上的措辞 |
[03:01] | “While no one would dream of dividing national sovereignty, | “无人会想分割国权 |
[03:05] | “natural resources, | “可天然资源 |
[03:07] | with mutual cooperation, can be shared.” | “在相互合作下 是可以共享的” |
[03:13] | Wasn’t Jackson psyched about the treaty? | 杰克逊是不是听到消息很激动 |
[03:14] | Um, not the word he used, but yeah. | 他倒没说有多激动 不过还行 |
[03:17] | Okay, they’re okay with the language, | 他们觉得措辞没问题 |
[03:18] | but they have handshake issues. | 可是他们在握手上有要求 |
[03:19] | The-the Japanese want to be the first to extend their hand. | 日方希望首个伸出手 |
[03:21] | Get on the phone with the Chinese Ministry, | 跟某国外交部联系 |
[03:23] | see if they can live with that. | 问问他们能否接受 |
[03:24] | – Already on it. – Japan feels that | -已经在打了 -日本觉得 |
[03:25] | by extending their hand first that-that | 他们首个伸出手 |
[03:27] | that-that-that it shows the world | 就能让全世界知道 |
[03:28] | that they’re in charge and aren’t cowering to China. | 他们握着主权 他们没有屈服于某国 |
[03:30] | The world? Seriously? | 全世界 开玩笑的吗 |
[03:32] | Fourteen guys watch C-SPAN. | 看C-SPAN的顶天不过十四个人 |
[03:34] | Don’t tell them that. This is the move | 可别这样跟他们说 只要这能办到 |
[03:35] | – that’s gonna close the deal. – China can live | -就能谈成了 -某国这边没问题 |
[03:37] | with being second on the handshake. | 他们愿意第二个伸手 |
[03:40] | Hang on one second. | 请稍等片刻 |
[03:50] | We have an agreement! | 谈判成功了 |
[03:55] | Great. Great. Excellent work, everybody. | 太好了 大家都辛苦了 |
[03:58] | White House can do the signing today at 3:00pm. | 白宫今天下午三点就能签协议 |
[03:59] | The unveiling of the late | 三点安排了揭幕 |
[04:00] | Secretary Marsh’s portrait is at 3:00pm. | 已故的国务卿马什的肖像 |
[04:02] | Not anymore. You’re gonna have to move that to tomorrow. | 现在不是了 安排到明天吧 |
[04:04] | – Of course. – Oh, uh, Daisy. | -当然 -戴西 |
[04:05] | -Yeah. – Put out a statement. Standard stuff. | -在 -发表声明 就基本的声明 |
[04:07] | “Nations coming together in peace.” | “两国和平的走到一起” |
[04:09] | That kind of…listen, I have to go | 之类的东西 听着 我得去 |
[04:11] | to my friend’s memorial service. | 参加朋友的追悼会 |
[04:12] | I’ll be back by this afternoon. | 下午就回来 |
[04:14] | Okay, have fun. | 好的 玩得开心 |
[04:16] | Oh, God…you’re going to a memorial service. | 天哪 你是要去追悼会 |
[04:19] | It’s the opposite of fun. So… | 可不是什么开心事 那么… |
[04:21] | have whatever the opposite of fun is. | 尽情哀悼吧 |
[04:23] | Daisy, you’re rambling. | 戴西 你思路太乱了 |
[04:24] | Don’t do that in the press room. | 在发布会上可别这样 |
[04:26] | Yes, Madam Secretary. | 是 国务卿女士 |
[04:27] | How are the remarks coming for the unveiling? | 揭幕仪式的评语写得怎么样了 |
[04:31] | Well, I haven’t had much time to work on it, | 我还没腾出时间写 |
[04:33] | but, you know, I’ll whip something up. | 不过我会速刷出来的 |
[04:37] | For reasons that I never quite understood, | 有一点我还从没弄明白 |
[04:40] | Secretary Marsh plucked you | 国务卿马什把你从 |
[04:42] | from a dead-end copywriting job. | 毫无前景的文案写作工作中提拔上来 |
[04:45] | I argued for a woman from Harvard | 我当时推荐他的是有着真正 |
[04:47] | with actual speechwriting experience. | 撰写演讲稿经验的哈佛高才生 |
[04:49] | And now you’re going to | 现在你就只准备为这个 |
[04:51] | “whip something up” for this man | 成就了你职业生涯的人 |
[04:54] | to whom you owe your career? | “速刷一篇”吗 |
[05:01] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[05:06] | George Peters lived a life of devotion, | 乔治·彼得斯将自己的一生 |
[05:09] | honor and service to The Company. | 都献给了中情局 |
[05:13] | When he was brought in to Langley | 当他来到兰利[中情局总部] |
[05:14] | to join our team of analysts, | 加入我们的分析师团队时 |
[05:17] | he approached that job with the same degree of courage | 将他做探员时的勇气和信念 |
[05:19] | and conviction as he had displayed as an operative. | 也同样投入到了新工作中 |
[05:23] | A man of his talents could have made his mark… | 如他这般才华横溢之人本可以… |
[05:24] | Munsey hardly even knew the guy. | 蒙西根本都不认识他 |
[05:27] | Sat him behind a desk. | 让他做文案工作 |
[05:28] | For his own safety. | 那是为了他自己的安全 |
[05:30] | Mm. Still. He irks me. | 我还是看着他就烦 |
[05:33] | You know what irks me? | 你知道让我烦的是什么吗 |
[05:35] | His ex-wife acting like the grieving widow. | 他的前妻装得跟个伤心寡妇似的 |
[05:38] | She left him for her personal trainer over a decade ago. | 她早在十多年前为了她的健身教练抛弃了他 |
[05:45] | Are you 12? | 你们俩还是十二岁小孩吗 |
[05:47] | Do I need to separate you? | 我需要让你们分开坐吗 |
[05:49] | When did Henry become this guy? | 亨利什么时候成这样了 |
[05:51] | He’s a cradle Catholic. | 他从小就是天主教徒 |
[05:52] | He gets jumpy around priests. | 看到教父就神经兮兮的 |
[06:05] | I told you. Look at him. | 我跟你说过吧 你瞧他 |
[06:06] | He turns into an altar boy right before my eyes. I mean… | 他就在我眼前变成了一神棍 |
[06:09] | No, it’s good. | 不 这挺好的 |
[06:11] | It’s comforting to have something like that. | 有这种信仰倒也让人欣慰 |
[06:13] | Me? I’m just gonna have to drink. | 我也就只能去喝几杯消愁 |
[06:14] | Mmm, I’ll join you in that. Anything to knock out | 我也要来 逃避问题 |
[06:16] | the elephant in the room. | 也只有借酒消愁了 |
[06:18] | What elephant is that? | 逃避什么问题 |
[06:19] | She’s convinced George’s car crash wasn’t an accident. | 她坚信乔治出车祸不是意外 |
[06:23] | What? What do you mean? | 什么 什么意思 |
[06:26] | I don’t know. Could’ve been suicide. | 我不知道 有可能是自杀 |
[06:29] | And the guy was so angry he’d been moved to a desk job. | 他因为被调到文案工作太过愤怒 |
[06:31] | I honestly think it drove him a little crazy. | 我真心觉得这事把他弄得有点发疯了 |
[06:34] | I-I just can’t believe he’d do something like that. | 我不相信他会做那种事 |
[06:37] | Can you? | 你能信吗 |
[06:39] | No, I-I honestly don’t know what to think anymore. | 不 我真不知道该怎么想了 |
[06:42] | Hey, let’s get together soon, | 我们尽快再聚一次 |
[06:44] | get drunk, tell funny George stories. | 一醉方休 讲讲乔治的有趣故事 |
[06:46] | Sure. I could do that. | 当然 这注意不错 |
[06:49] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜拜 -拜拜 |
[06:50] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[06:53] | Isabelle thinks George had gone a little crazy. | 伊莎贝尔觉得乔治有点发疯了 |
[06:56] | George? Come on. | 乔治 得了吧 |
[06:58] | He thought my predecessor was murdered | 他觉得前任国务卿是被谋杀的 |
[07:01] | and that I might be in danger. | 而我可能身处险境 |
[07:04] | Well, it would be nice to think that’s crazy talk. | 好吧 他这要是疯话倒是好事 |
[07:09] | The night he died, I said his death wasn’t an accident. | 他死的那晚 我说他的死不是意外 |
[07:13] | And you said, “I know.” | 你说 “我知道” |
[07:16] | What did you mean? | 是什么意思 |
[07:20] | What did you mean? | 你当时是什么意思 |
[07:24] | Maybe we were both just in shock. | 也许是我们当时都被震惊了 |
[07:28] | Do you want to do this? | 你真想这样吗 |
[07:29] | Do you want to have this conversation? Now? | 真要现在说这个事吗 |
[07:33] | ‘Cause I’ve been waiting till you’re ready. | 因为我一直在等你准备好 |
[07:35] | I can’t go there. | 我没法继续这个话题 |
[07:37] | I’ve got the peace treaty signing, and… | 还有和平条约的签订要处理 还有… |
[07:41] | I’ve-I’ve been gone all week. I haven’t even been home. | 我整周都不在 连家门都没进过 |
[07:44] | I feel like I don’t even know what’s going on. | 感觉都跟你们脱离了 |
[07:45] | How’s the speech coming? | 演讲准备得怎么样了 |
[07:46] | Oh, it’s a mess right now, but it’ll get there. | 现在还是一团糟 不过会弄好的 |
[07:49] | It will. How are the kids? | 会的 孩子们呢 |
[07:52] | Alison wants to have a sleepover this weekend. | 艾莉森这周末想邀请朋友过来过夜 |
[07:54] | Nothing crazy. Just five or six friends. | 也没什么疯事 也就五六个朋友 |
[07:56] | – Five or six friends? Since when? – Yeah. | -五六个朋友 什么时候的事 -是啊 |
[07:59] | – When did she have five or six… – Just got ’em. | -她什么时候交了五六个… -最近的事 |
[08:00] | – I have been gone a long time. – I…do I say yes? | -我还真是好久没回家了 -我要同意吗 |
[08:02] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[08:03] | Good, good. ‘Cause I said yes. | 挺好 因为我已经同意了 |
[08:05] | Well, nature abhors a vacuum. | 当家的不在爹也要主事啊 |
[08:08] | You know what, | 知道吗 |
[08:11] | I’ll have a signed treaty | 我去签好条约 |
[08:12] | and you will be finished with your conference. | 你去完成你的讨论会 |
[08:15] | I can’t breathe. | 扣上没法呼吸了 |
[08:17] | And then we’ll both be home all weekend. | 接着整个周末我们都呆在家里 |
[08:19] | Just like a normal family. | 就像普通的家庭一样 |
[08:24] | All right. Catch you later. | 好的 一会儿见 |
[08:29] | She’s all yours, Frank. | 她就交给你了 弗兰克 |
[08:32] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:41] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[08:43] | Congratulations on averting World War III. | 恭喜您成功阻止了第三次世界大战 |
[08:45] | Well, is that what I did, Senator Fletcher? | 我有那么荣幸吗 弗莱彻议员 |
[08:48] | I thought I just brokered a mineral rights deal | 我只不过达成了一笔 |
[08:50] | on some tiny islands in the East China Sea. | 东海的某些小岛上的采矿权交易 |
[08:52] | Oh, now. | 别这么谦虚 |
[08:55] | – It feels good. – Why does Daisy have on a weird face? | -感觉不错啊 -黛西为什么一脸怪象 |
[08:58] | – That’s just her face. – No, that’s her freaked-out face. | -她就长那样 -不 那是她慌张的表情 |
[09:00] | – Can I show you something? – Yah. | -我能给您看点东西吗 -当然 |
[09:02] | Over here? | 这边来 |
[09:02] | There’s some debate about whether or not | 他们正在争论 |
[09:04] | you have on your freaked-out face or your regular face. | 你这是慌张脸还是普通脸 |
[09:06] | Fu Xinpei, visiting Chinese high school genius, | 付芯珮 一位来访的某国高中天才 |
[09:08] | just stood up at Dulles | 刚才在杜勒斯机场站出来 |
[09:09] | and declared she wants political asylum. | 说她要求政治庇护 |
[09:12] | Now, the News has got a hold of her. | 新闻媒体找到她了 |
[09:15] | I’m worried that she’s gonna mess up the signing of the treaty, | 我担心她的事会搅乱协议签署 |
[09:17] | but I’m probably being paranoid. | 但可能是我想多了 |
[09:20] | This is my paranoid face. | 这是我的多疑脸 |
[09:22] | I tried to organize a protest in my village | 天安门事件二十五周年时 |
[09:24] | on the 25th anniversary of Tiananmen Square. | 我曾试图在村里组织抗议 |
[09:28] | I was detained and my internet postings were deleted… | 我被拘留 网络言论被删除 |
[09:31] | I’m being paranoid, right? | 是我想多了 对吧 |
[09:34] | Is Chen here? | 陈在吗 |
[09:35] | Yes. | 在 |
[09:36] | You’re being paranoid. | 你想多了 |
[09:40] | Minister Shimabukura, | 东城部长 |
[09:43] | I just wanted to thank you for all of your very hard work. | 我想谢谢你付出的努力 |
[09:45] | The people of Japan are happy to have come to a resolution. | 日本人民很高兴能达成解决 |
[09:49] | POTUS, two minutes out. | 总统还有两分钟到 |
[09:50] | See you in a moment. | 一会儿见 |
[09:52] | Minister Chen. | 陈部长 |
[09:54] | The President will make a few remarks | 总统会发表几句评论 |
[09:55] | and then you’ll both sign the treaty. | 然后你们就签协议 |
[09:57] | If you return the girl. | 你们得先把那姑娘送回来 |
[09:59] | Excuse me? | 这是什么意思 |
[10:00] | Fu Xinpei. | 付芯珮 |
[10:02] | My staff just briefed me. | 我的工作人员刚跟我汇报了 |
[10:04] | Her claims are outrageous. | 她的言论太离谱了 |
[10:05] | No one wants to harm her. | 没人想伤害她 |
[10:07] | She’s already been offered a scholarship | 北京工业大学 |
[10:09] | to Beijing Technical Institute. | 已经给了她奖学金 |
[10:10] | Well, her case just needs to go through the proper channels. | 她的案子需要经过适当途径解决 |
[10:12] | She’s lying to America on television. | 她在电视上对美国说谎 |
[10:15] | This is a great embarrassment to China. | 这是对某国的严重羞辱 |
[10:17] | POTUS one minute out. Let’s take our places. | 总统还有一分钟 我们入场吧 |
[10:20] | We need to go sign the treaty. | 我们需要签订协议 |
[10:21] | Promise to return the girl. | 保证交还女孩 |
[10:25] | I can’t make that promise. | 我没法保证 |
[10:31] | Sir. | 先生 |
[10:33] | Fu Xinpei has nothing to do with this. | 付芯珮跟协议没有任何关系 |
[10:36] | If you can’t make me this promise, | 如果你不能承诺 |
[10:37] | we have nothing further to discuss. | 我们就没得谈 |
[10:45] | POTUS is in the building. | 总统来了 |
[11:05] | 实时新闻 德州议员凯特·弗莱彻谈某国争议 | |
[11:05] | Now I know it’s not fashionable anymore, | 我知道这不是潮流了 |
[11:08] | but I believe we are a beacon of hope | 但我相信我们是希望的灯塔 |
[11:11] | to all the freedom-loving people all over the world. | 照耀着全世界热爱自由的人 |
[11:14] | And if we send this girl back to China — | 如果我们把这女孩送回某国 |
[11:16] | if we turn our backs on her… | 如果我们背叛她 |
[11:19] | Every redneck senator’s on TV | 每个乡下议员都在电视上 |
[11:21] | talking about the evils of the Chinese | 谈论某国的邪恶 |
[11:24] | instead of here passing a budget. | 一点也不关注如何把预算通过 |
[11:26] | Where are you on this? | 你怎么想 |
[11:27] | I’m getting enormous pressure from China to send her back. | 某国强烈要求送回她 我承受巨大压力 |
[11:31] | If you don’t? | 如果不送回呢 |
[11:32] | Worst-case scenario? | 最坏的打算 |
[11:34] | They refuse to sign the treaty, | 他们拒绝签署协议 |
[11:35] | Japan and China go to war over the islands, | 日本和某国为了岛打起来 |
[11:37] | and since we’re Japan’s ally, | 既然我们跟日本是盟友 |
[11:39] | we’re basically at war with China. | 基本就是要跟某国打 |
[11:40] | When I ask for the worst-case scenario, | 我问你最坏打算的时候 |
[11:42] | what I mean is give me the best-case scenario | 意思是给我最好的方案 |
[11:44] | and be sure to make it happen. | 并确保实现它 |
[11:45] | Another shorthand you had with Marsh? | 这也是你和马什达成的共识吗 |
[11:47] | Can’t have this girl hijack these budget talks. | 不能让这姑娘挡了预算讨论的路 |
[11:51] | And I won’t have her be a political pawn | 我不会拿她做政治棋子 |
[11:54] | in the Henkashu Islands dispute. | 解决根岛争议 |
[11:56] | Her case needs to be judged on its own merits. | 她的案子必须独立认定 |
[11:59] | Well, handle it personally. | 那你亲自去处理吧 |
[12:02] | Do it fast. | 要快 |
[12:02] | Okay, but if we grant asylum for the girl, | 好 但如果我给那姑娘提供庇护 |
[12:05] | I may need an inducement for China | 可能需要给某国一些别的好处 |
[12:07] | to get the treaty done. | 来完成协议 |
[12:08] | China never wanted to sign that treaty. | 某国从来就不想签协议 |
[12:10] | They were always looking for a way out. | 他们一直在找理由退出 |
[12:12] | – Well, it’s gonna have to be something good. – Okay. | -那就需要点有价值的东西 -好 |
[12:15] | See what your people can come up with. | 看你们能想出什么吧 |
[12:20] | Do you have family there? | 你有家人吗 |
[12:21] | Do they know that you’re here? | 他们知道你在这里吗 |
[12:22] | It’s just my mother and…no. | 只有我妈妈 她不知道 |
[12:24] | Miss, Miss. | 小姐 小姐 |
[12:27] | But she understands my anger at the Chinese government. | 但她理解我对某国政府的愤怒 |
[12:30] | She had to give up a child — | 她被迫放弃了一个孩子 |
[12:32] | my younger sister — | 我妹妹 |
[12:33] | due to the one-child policy. | 来遵守计划生育政策 |
[12:36] | They keep playing the same news clip. | 他们一直在播同样的东西 |
[12:38] | Must be a slow news day. | 今天估计没什么其他新闻 |
[12:40] | Wonder if Mom’s gonna send her back. | 我很好奇妈妈会不会送她回去 |
[12:42] | Mom’s not making the decision personally. | 妈妈又不是凭私心做决定 |
[12:44] | Yeah, she is. Because of the treaty. | 她是的 为了协议 |
[12:47] | The Henkashu Treaty that the Chinese won’t sign? | 就是那个某国不肯签的根岛协议 |
[12:52] | Dude, do you live on Earth? | 同学 你在地球生活吗 |
[12:53] | Okay, hey, listen to this. Thomas Aquinas walks into a bar. | 听我说 托马斯·阿奎那走进一家酒馆 |
[12:56] | Oh, um, I need to borrow some, um, some lunch money. | 我需要借点钱吃午餐 |
[12:58] | Can-can I get some from your wallet? | 能从你钱包拿点吗 |
[13:00] | Yeah, just listen to this joke first. | 可以 先听完笑话 |
[13:01] | What’s-what’s the joke for? | 讲笑话干嘛 |
[13:02] | He’s doing the keynote speech for a bunch of religious scholars. | 他要面对一堆宗教学者做主旨演讲 |
[13:05] | Mom just texted. | 妈妈发信息了 |
[13:07] | She said that you’re not sure if the opening joke is funny. | 她说你不确定开场笑话是不是好笑 |
[13:10] | She said that we should laugh no matter what. | 她说无论如何我们都要笑 |
[13:12] | I don’t want your pity laughter. | 我可不想听你那怜悯式的笑声 |
[13:16] | Yeah? | 谁呀 |
[13:17] | Morning. I just came to get a change of clothes | 早上好 我是来为国务卿 |
[13:20] | for the Secretary. She pulled another all-nighter | 取换洗衣物的 她又熬了一个通宵 |
[13:22] | trying to calm down the Japanese. | 试图让日本人平静下来 |
[13:23] | Oh, and while I’m here, can I get that guest list | 既然我来了 你能不能给我一份 |
[13:25] | for your sleepover? | 你的狂欢之夜的人员名单 |
[13:26] | We just need to do a quick vet. | 我们只需做一个快速审查 |
[13:28] | Why? My friends aren’t terrorists. | 为什么 我的朋友又不是恐怖分子 |
[13:30] | Don’t be an idiot, Alison. | 别像个傻瓜一样 艾莉森 |
[13:31] | It’s for their parents. | 他们审查的是你朋友们的父母 |
[13:32] | I swear to God, if you call me an idiot… | 我发誓你如果再管我叫… |
[13:33] | – If they… – One more time… | -如果他们… -一声傻瓜 |
[13:36] | – I’m sick of it. – Just go apologize, please. | -真受不了 -请你去道个歉 拜托了 |
[13:39] | I’ll go and get some clothes for Mom. | 我去给妈妈拿些衣服来 |
[13:43] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:44] | Can I go wait for the bus, | 我可以去坐公交了吗 |
[13:45] | or do you want me to listen to your joke? | 还是说你想要我听完你的笑话呢 |
[13:47] | Get outta here. | 去吧去吧 |
[13:49] | Alright. | 既然你这么说 |
[13:51] | What joke? | 什么笑话 |
[13:54] | Thomas Aquinas walks into a bar. | 托马斯·阿奎那走进一间酒吧 |
[13:56] | Please don’t go back to Tokyo yet. | 请不要现在就回东京 |
[13:57] | Give Minister Chen at least 48 hours. | 至少再给陈部长四十八小时吧 |
[14:00] | – I gave the man four days. – It’s just a bump in the road. | -我都给他四天了 -这只是个小麻烦 |
[14:02] | – I can get him back to the table. – We are no longer | -我可以让他重回谈判桌 -我们已经 |
[14:04] | – interested in a treaty. – I… | -不想再谈判了 -我… |
[14:06] | The islands are ours and we are | 这是我们的岛 所以我们将 |
[14:07] | going to proceed accordingly. | 以此为基础着手处理 |
[14:09] | Give me 48 hours to make it right. | 给我四十八小时 让我来调节此事 |
[14:11] | She promised me she wasn’t gonna sound desperate. | 她跟我保证她不会用这么绝望的语气的 |
[14:13] | She doesn’t sound desperate. | 她没有用绝望的语气 |
[14:14] | – She sounds forceful. – What about… | -她的话听起来很有魄力 -这样吧 |
[14:15] | What about tickets to a baseball game or the theatre? | 去看一场棒球赛或是歌剧如何 |
[14:18] | The Book of Mormon’s in town. | 《摩门之书》正在市里演出呢 |
[14:19] | Okay, now she sounds desperate. | 好吧 她现在的语气很绝望 |
[14:21] | Tell us what you like. | 请告诉我们你想要什么 |
[14:22] | Let my office arrange something for you. | 让我的办公室为你安排 |
[14:24] | I would like an ally. | 我想要的是同盟国 |
[14:26] | I would like you and your president | 我想要你和你们总统 |
[14:28] | to back our claim for the islands. | 支持我们对岛屿的主权声明 |
[14:30] | – Publicly. – That would be | -公开支持 -那就等于是 |
[14:31] | like declaring war on China. | 要向某国宣战了 |
[14:33] | So be it. | 那就宣战啊 |
[14:38] | We are your ally. | 我们是你们的同盟国 |
[14:40] | And I’m playing the ally card. | 我也会亮出同盟国的牌 |
[14:43] | 48 hours. | 你给我四十八小时 |
[14:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:49] | But if you don’t get us a deal by then, | 但如果你到时不能帮我们达成协议 |
[14:51] | we’re planting a Japanese flag on those islands. | 我们就将在岛上插上日本国旗 |
[14:58] | I need ideas for inducements for China | 我需要一些能吸引某国的点子 |
[15:00] | in case we grant Xinpei asylum. | 以防万一我们答应为芯珮提供政治避难 |
[15:01] | I’ll call the China desk. | 我会给某国办事处打电话 |
[15:02] | – Did we hear back from Beijing Institute? – Yes. | -某处学校那边有回音吗 -有 |
[15:05] | Xinpei was offered a scholarship. | 芯珮确实得到了奖学金 |
[15:07] | So that checks out. | 那么这一点就能证实了 |
[15:08] | I want the exact language from the INS statute. | 我要知道移民局的规定原文是怎么说的 |
[15:11] | Already done. | 我已经找到了 |
[15:12] | “To qualify for political asylum, | “要满足政治庇护的条件 |
[15:14] | “the candidate must demonstrate that they have been persecuted | “申请人必须证明他们过去曾遭受迫害 |
[15:16] | “in the past or have a well-founded fear that | “或是出于合理原因恐惧 |
[15:18] | “they will be persecuted if they go back to their home country.” | “自己若回到祖国将遭受迫害” |
[15:22] | Matt, | 马特 |
[15:23] | go through Xinpei’s blog posts. | 去仔细阅读芯珮发表的博客 |
[15:24] | You know what, hell, go through her entire online history | 不不 还是调查她的全部上网历史吧 |
[15:26] | and flag anything that’s even vaguely political. | 把跟政治有哪怕半点关系的都标出来 |
[15:29] | Daisy can do that. Matt has to write | 这件事可以让戴西做 马特得去写 |
[15:31] | Marsh’s remarks. | 马什的仪式的评语 |
[15:35] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:37] | How are they coming? | 写得怎么样了 |
[15:38] | It’s good. Al-I mean, almost done. | 挺好的 我是说 差不多快写完了 |
[15:41] | I look forward to reading them. | 我期待着读到你的作品 |
[15:46] | She hates me. | 她讨厌我 |
[15:47] | She hates everyone. | 她谁都讨厌 |
[15:48] | Mostly me. | 最讨厌我 |
[15:50] | 马里兰 贝塞斯达 难民专员办事处 | |
[15:53] | This is your room. | 这是你的房间 |
[15:56] | There’s a TV in the living room. | 客厅里有电视 |
[15:58] | If you want to watch something, let me know. | 如果你想看什么 就告诉我 |
[15:59] | I have a bunch of movies. | 我这里有很多电影 |
[16:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:03] | Are you hungry? | 你饿吗 |
[16:04] | I was just going to make some lunch. | 我正准备做午饭呢 |
[16:06] | No, thank you. I think I’ll rest. | 不 谢谢 我想我还是休息一下吧 |
[16:12] | Have you spoken to your mother? | 你跟你妈妈通过话了吗 |
[16:17] | No. | 没有 |
[16:18] | She said they would be | 她说他们会 |
[16:19] | monitoring my phone and it would not be safe. | 监听我的电话 所以不安全 |
[16:23] | So she knew you were going to do this? | 那么她早知道你要这样做 |
[16:30] | Well, I’ll let you get some rest. | 好吧 你休息一会吧 |
[17:51] | Madam Secretary, I’m sorry | 国务卿女士 我很抱歉 |
[17:52] | – to interrupt. – Did you hear back from the China desk? | -打扰一下 -某国办事处有回音了吗 |
[17:54] | Uh, yes. | 有了 |
[17:56] | We’re holding a Chinese spy | 我们手上有一名 |
[17:58] | that Beijing very much wants back. | 某国方面非常想要回去的间谍 |
[17:59] | Oh, good. Run it by the White House, | 很好 请示一下白宫 看行不行 |
[18:01] | – will you? – Yes, Ma’am… | -麻烦你了 -是的 国务卿 |
[18:02] | Oh and, arrange an interview with Xinpei. | 还有 帮我安排跟芯珮见一面 |
[18:04] | Yes. Uh, there’s a woman here. She’s from Michigan. | 好的 这里有个女人 来自密西根 |
[18:06] | She and her daughter drove all night to get here. | 她和她女儿开了一夜的车来到这里 |
[18:08] | I’ve spoken with her, and | 我跟她谈了一下 然后 |
[18:11] | I think you should meet them. | 我觉得您有必要见见她们 |
[18:14] | She’s offered to be Xinpei’s guardian | 她提出在我们做出决定之前 |
[18:16] | – while the case is being decided. – But she’s already staying | -做芯珮的监护人 -可是移民局已经 |
[18:17] | – with an asylum officer assigned by INS. – I know. | -派人跟她在一起了 -我知道 |
[18:20] | – So why am I…Hi. – Madam Secretary. | -那我为什么还…你好 -国务卿女士 |
[18:23] | – Hi. Amy Ferber. – Nice to meet you. | -您好 我是艾米·费伯 -很高兴见到你 |
[18:24] | Thank you very much for meeting with us. | 谢谢你能会见我们 |
[18:26] | Well, I’m sorry that you had to drive all night to get here. | 很抱歉让你们开了一晚上的车赶过来 |
[18:28] | Oh, we had to. | 有这必要 |
[18:30] | As soon as I heard Xinpei’s story, | 我一听说芯珮的故事 |
[18:33] | the-the province that she’s from. | 她所在的那个省 |
[18:35] | And then I saw her face on TV… | 后来我又在电视上看到她的样子 |
[18:37] | I-I started shaking. | 我就感到有些震惊 |
[18:39] | The resemblance is undeniable. | 样貌太相似了 |
[18:42] | See for yourself. | 你们来看看吧 |
[18:43] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[18:47] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[18:49] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:51] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[18:52] | I think Emily and Xinpei might be sisters. | 我觉得芯珮和艾米莉是亲姐妹 |
[19:07] | Emily’s orphanage was in Xinpei’s hometown. | 艾米莉以前的孤儿院就在芯珮的老家 |
[19:10] | I’m seriously getting goose bumps, you guys. | 各位 我真的起鸡皮疙瘩了 |
[19:11] | They’re swabbing Emily’s cheek. | 他们正在给艾米莉取样 |
[19:13] | Now they’re done swabbing Emily’s cheek. | 现在他们取完样了 |
[19:16] | Okay, now Madam Secretary is walking towards the door. | 现在国务卿女士正朝门这边走过来 |
[19:19] | Crap. Crap. Go. | 糟了 糟了 走开点 |
[19:23] | Did you found anything else on Xinpei’s blog? | 你在芯珮的博客上还有什么发现吗 |
[19:26] | Three months ago she started criticizing | 三个月前她开始批评 |
[19:28] | China’s human rights record, their policy on Tibet. | 某国的人权记录 对某处的政策 |
[19:31] | Before that it was mostly about | 在这之前基本都是关于她的 |
[19:32] | her science projects and her basketball team. | 科学项目和篮球队 |
[19:34] | And One Direction. | 以及”One Direction” |
[19:36] | Thanks. This is Emily’s DNA. | 谢谢 这是艾米莉的DNA样本 |
[19:38] | Send it to the lab. How quickly can we get it here? | 送到实验室去 多久能有结果 |
[19:40] | Preliminaries in less than four hours. | 四个小时内能出初步结果 |
[19:42] | Yeah, this is so cool. | 这太酷了 |
[19:43] | So cool. | 太酷了 |
[19:45] | Okay, guys, wait. I-I get that this is exciting, okay? | 好了 各位 我知道这事很令人激动 |
[19:48] | But let’s not lose our heads and remember | 但是我们要保持冷静 |
[19:50] | the job at hand: to determine whether or not Xinpei | 别忘了 我们现在的任务是判断 |
[19:52] | meets the criteria for political asylum. | 芯珮是否符合政治避难的条件 |
[19:55] | Ma’am, the car’s here. | 国务卿 您的车到了 |
[19:56] | – Thank you. – Do you want me to put out a statement? | -谢谢 -需要我发一份声明吗 |
[19:58] | Saying Xinpei might have a sister? | 告诉大家芯珮可能有个妹妹 |
[20:01] | So that all of D.C. can stop what they’re doing | 好让全华盛顿人像每次在美香生宝宝时 |
[20:03] | the same way they do every time Mei Xiang goes into labor? | 停下手上的一切工作吗 |
[20:06] | Sorry, who’s Mei Xiang? | 抱歉 谁是美香 |
[20:07] | The panda at the National Zoo? | 国家动物园的那只大熊猫 |
[20:09] | Gave birth to Bao Bao in 2013? | 在2013年生了宝宝 |
[20:11] | – I don’t get to the zoo much. – You don’t have to. | -我不怎么去动物园 -不需要去 |
[20:13] | They have a giant panda cam on her all the time. | 他们装了一台摄像机一直在拍摄它 |
[20:15] | – You’re kidding. – Not kidding. It’s awesome. | -开玩笑呢吧 -没有 很棒的 |
[20:18] | – Come here, I’ll show you. – Matt. | -过来 我给你看看 -马特 |
[20:20] | After I finish these Marsh remarks. | 等我写完马什的悼词再给你看 |
[20:23] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[20:25] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[20:27] | Honestly? She seems scared to death. | 说实话吗 她吓得要死 |
[20:29] | If my daughter was requesting asylum in a strange country, | 要是我的女儿正在陌生国家申请政治避难 |
[20:32] | I’d hope she’d have the good sense to be scared to death, too. | 我倒希望她也会吓得要死 |
[20:35] | I-I know I’m not supposed to ask, | 我知道我不应该问 |
[20:38] | but are you going to grant asylum? | 但是您会批准她的避难请求吗 |
[20:40] | You’re right. You’re not supposed to ask. | 你说得对 你的确不应该问 |
[20:44] | Anyway, she’s in the back. | 她就在后面 |
[20:46] | Can I get you anything? | 您需要什么东西吗 |
[20:49] | Yeah. | 倒是有一样东西 |
[20:54] | So, you’ve got H, | 你没进球 写个”H” |
[20:56] | I’ve got H-O-R… | 我写了”H-O-R”… |
[21:01] | “S” S. | |
[21:02] | So tell me about your science project. | 跟我说说你的科学项目吧 |
[21:05] | I developed an eye-tracking system | 我发明了一个眼球跟踪系统 |
[21:07] | that allows quadriplegics to use the computer. | 可以让四肢瘫痪的人使用电脑 |
[21:09] | Well, I think we have that technology here. | 我们国家好像有这种技术 |
[21:12] | No, not like mine. | 跟我的没法比 |
[21:13] | Mine’s light-years ahead of what any | 我的这套系统远远领先于 |
[21:15] | major labs in the States have developed. | 美国任何一家实验的技术 |
[21:17] | So, you’re moving here to cash in on it? | 那你来这里是想把技术换成钱吗 |
[21:20] | No, I would never do that. | 不 我绝不会那么做 |
[21:22] | But by coming here you’d be giving up your scholarship. | 但你来这的话就要放弃你的奖学金了 |
[21:26] | I fear for my safety if I return. | 如果我回去的话我担心自己的人身安全 |
[21:31] | Tell me why. | 跟我说说原因 |
[21:32] | Have you been arrested? | 你被抓过吗 |
[21:34] | No. | 没有 |
[21:35] | Threatened? | 被威胁过吗 |
[21:36] | Censoring my speech is a threat, | 审查我的言论就是一种威胁 |
[21:38] | and I won’t accept it any longer. | 而且我不会再忍下去了 |
[21:39] | Well, lots of websites are censored in China. | 很多网站在某国都要接受审查 |
[21:41] | I want the freedom to do as I wish, say what I wish. | 我希望有言论和行为的自由 |
[21:44] | I understand how you feel, but the problem is | 我明白你的感受 但问题是 |
[21:46] | it doesn’t meet the standard for persecution. | 这不符合迫害的标准 |
[21:49] | I’m on your side, Xinpei, | 我站在你这一边 芯珮 |
[21:50] | but you got to help me build a case. | 但你也得帮我促成这件事 |
[21:54] | I fear for my safety if I return to China. | 如果我回去我会担心自己的人身安全 |
[21:56] | Right. | 明白 |
[21:59] | Eeh, come on. | 又不进 |
[22:02] | I need a sample of your DNA. | 我需要你的DNA样本 |
[22:05] | Instructions are in the kit. | 里面有使用说明 |
[22:11] | Aren’t you gonna ask me why? | 你不问我原因吗 |
[22:15] | For someone suspicious of government, | 作为怀疑政府的人 |
[22:17] | you sure agreed to that quickly. | 你同意得也太快了 |
[22:24] | And now! | 终于投进了 |
[22:27] | – Absolutely. No problem. – Excuse me. | -当然 没问题 -打扰一下 |
[22:28] | Are you Stephanie McCord? | 你是斯蒂芬妮·麦考德吗 |
[22:30] | I am. | 我是 |
[22:32] | Hello, Senator Fletcher. | 你好 弗莱彻议员 |
[22:34] | I met your mother a few times. | 我见过你母亲几次 |
[22:36] | How’s she liking her new job? | 她喜欢自己的新工作吗 |
[22:37] | She loves it. | 非常喜欢 |
[22:42] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[22:43] | I didn’t, um, see your name on the reservation list. | 我没在预约单上看到您的名字 |
[22:45] | Are you here to meet someone? | 您是来见人的吗 |
[22:47] | I sure am. You. | 当然 见你 |
[22:50] | I’ve been trying to get your mother on the phone, | 我一直在试着打你母亲电话 |
[22:53] | but that Nadine is quite the gatekeeper. | 但那个纳丁管得还真是严 |
[22:55] | I’m not so sure what I… | 我不知道… |
[22:56] | If you could mention to your mother | 如果你能跟你母亲提一下 |
[22:58] | how strongly the people of Texas feel | 德州人民非常希望 |
[23:00] | that we not return that poor little girl to China, | 不要把那个可怜的小女孩遣返回某国 |
[23:05] | I sure would appreciate it. | 我会很感谢你的 |
[23:08] | Bye now. | 再见 |
[23:14] | This is completely generic. | 太泛泛而谈了 |
[23:17] | It’s as if you never met the man. | 跟不认识这人一样 |
[23:18] | Secretary McCord has never met him. | 国务卿麦考德的确不认识他 |
[23:21] | She has to give the speech. | 发表演讲的人是她 |
[23:22] | That’ll be so comforting to his family. | 这还真是能安慰他家人 |
[23:24] | I forgot to tell you. | 我忘说了 |
[23:24] | The Secretary needs to postpone again. | 国务卿女士又要推迟仪式 |
[23:26] | What? | 什么 |
[23:26] | With a clock on the treaty negotiations, | 条约协商迫在眉睫 |
[23:28] | her plate’s just too full right now. | 她日程现在排太满了 |
[23:29] | To take 15 minutes and pay tribute | 都不能花一刻钟 |
[23:31] | to the man who had the job before her? | 向她的前任致敬一下吗 |
[23:34] | The man who died serving his country? | 他可是为国家鞠躬尽瘁 |
[23:36] | You know what you should put in those remarks, Matt? | 知道你该在讲稿里写什么吗 马特 |
[23:39] | Wherever he went, he had me arrange to have | 不论他去哪里 都会让我安排 |
[23:41] | a hundred soccer balls shipped there. | 运去一百个足球 |
[23:44] | We’d be driving through a town, | 我们开车穿过城镇 |
[23:45] | and he’d see kids by the side of the road, | 他看见路边有小孩 |
[23:48] | stop the convoy and hand out a soccer ball. | 会让车队停车 递上一个足球 |
[23:52] | Kids who grew up in poverty | 在贫困和战乱地区 |
[23:53] | and war-torn areas suddenly were smiling. | 长大的孩子们脸上迸出了笑容 |
[23:58] | He told the journalists not to write about it | 他让记者们不要报道这事 |
[24:00] | because he didn’t want the attention. | 因为不想引人注意 |
[24:03] | He said this job wasn’t about him. | 他说国务卿一职并不关乎个人 |
[24:06] | Well, you know what? | 你们猜怎么着 |
[24:08] | Now it is about him. | 现在就是关乎他 |
[24:11] | And we need to stop putting it off | 我们不能再拖了 |
[24:13] | and take the time and say thank you. | 要好好对他说声谢谢 |
[24:18] | You’re right. We do. | 没错 是的 |
[24:22] | I want to give the unveiling the attention it deserves. | 我要给揭幕式应得的关注 |
[24:29] | Which is why I’m asking to reschedule it. | 所以我才要求重新排期 |
[24:34] | I’m sorry, Ma’am. I can’t do that. | 抱歉 国务卿女士 我做不到 |
[24:53] | How long did you work for him? | 你为他工作了多久 |
[24:57] | Since he was a senator. | 从他当议员开始 |
[25:01] | I was fresh out of law school with no experience. | 那时我才从法学院毕业 毫无经验 |
[25:08] | He liked to do that. | 他就喜欢那样 |
[25:11] | Bet on the dark horse. | 押注在黑马身上 |
[25:16] | He sounds like an amazing man. | 听起来是个了不起的人 |
[25:19] | I know this is hard. | 我知道这不容易 |
[25:22] | You’re all still grieving. | 你依然在悲痛 |
[25:23] | But I got to push this thing. | 但我要做回坏人 |
[25:26] | I don’t want it to be something that we just get through. | 我不希望这事就走个过场 |
[25:30] | Call Mrs. Marsh. | 打给马什夫人 |
[25:33] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[25:36] | It’s inappropriate. | 这样不妥 |
[25:39] | You must have heard talk. | 你一定听到过传言 |
[25:47] | Vincent was right. | 文森特说得对 |
[25:49] | He said no one suspected. | 他说没人会怀疑的 |
[25:51] | He said they were all too preoccupied | 说大家都忙着 |
[25:53] | with their own careers. | 自己的事业 |
[25:59] | Even his wife. | 哪怕是他妻子 |
[26:02] | So, you and Marsh were… | 所以 你和马什… |
[26:12] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[26:17] | I know how all this sounds. | 我知道这听起来像什么 |
[26:26] | It sounds like your heart is broken. | 像你的心碎了 |
[26:35] | Don’t. It’s not finished yet. | 别 还没弄完呢 |
[26:36] | Daisy, will you, uh, call Secretary Marsh’s widow | 黛西 你能…打给国务卿马什的遗孀 |
[26:40] | and apologize for rescheduling again? | 并再次为更改排期道歉吗 |
[26:42] | Will do. | 好的 |
[26:43] | Just heard from the White House. | 白宫刚传来消息 |
[26:44] | ODNI killed our Chinese spy idea. | 情总办公室否决了我们的某国间谍提议 |
[26:47] | Okay. We have no plan B? | 好吧 没有备用计划吗 |
[26:50] | Wait. So, we don’t have any leverage | 等等 所以我们手上没有 |
[26:52] | to get China to sign the treaty? | 能让某国签约的筹码了吗 |
[26:54] | Other than sending Xinpei back… | 除非把芯珮遣送回去 |
[26:56] | – Madam Secretary? – What is it? | -国务卿女士 -什么事 |
[26:58] | DNA results. | DNA检测结果 |
[27:06] | Oh, no. But I was so sure she was a match. | 不是吧 我还很确定她会匹配的 |
[27:09] | Oh, she is. | 没有 是匹配的 |
[27:11] | The preliminary results are a 97% match. | 初检结果有97%匹配 |
[27:14] | That’s incredible! | 不可思议 |
[27:15] | The fact that now she has a blood relative | 现在她有个是 |
[27:17] | who’s an American citizen. | 美国公民的血亲了 |
[27:18] | It is incredible. | 的确不可思议 |
[27:20] | Unfortunately, it doesn’t change my decision. | 不幸的是 这改变不了我的决定 |
[27:21] | Wait. But it has to. | 等等 不是吧 |
[27:22] | – I’m denying asylum. – What? | -我要回绝庇护申请 -什么 |
[27:24] | She’s making up the story about political persecution. | 她关于政治迫害的故事是编造的 |
[27:26] | But she said that China was… | 但她说某国… |
[27:27] | My guess is, her mother put her up to it. | 我猜 是她母亲教唆她的 |
[27:29] | She has reason to be angry with China. | 她有理由怨恨某国 |
[27:31] | They made her give up one of her children. | 他们逼她放弃了自己的孩子 |
[27:33] | Xinpei has been treated well by her government, | 芯珮被自己政府照顾得很好 |
[27:35] | and they assure me they will continue to do so. | 他们也保证会继续这样 |
[27:38] | But her internet postings have been very clear about what she… | 但她在网上发的帖子清楚地说了… |
[27:39] | Started three months ago before she came to America. | 是她来美国的三个月前才开始的 |
[27:45] | Looks like she was building a case. | 看起来她像是在伪造案件 |
[27:47] | And frankly, the case just isn’t there. | 说实话 根本就没有什么案件 |
[27:49] | And this has nothing to do with finding out | 这跟发现我们在根岛谈判中 |
[27:51] | we have no plan B on the Henkashu talks? | 没有备用计划没有关联吗 |
[27:54] | I refuse to link that little girl’s fate | 我拒绝把那个小女孩的命运 |
[27:56] | to the fate of those talks. | 和谈判的命运连在一起 |
[27:57] | But they are linked. You know they are. | 可是它们是连在一起的 你明明清楚 |
[27:59] | – And pretending… – Daisy… | -还装作… -戴西 |
[28:00] | Look, I’m the one who has to stand | 听着 我才是那个要站在 |
[28:01] | in front of the press and assure them | 媒体面前的人 我还得向他们保证 |
[28:03] | that Xinpei isn’t being used as a political football | 我们并没有把芯珮当作政治工具 |
[28:05] | to get the treaty signed. | 来达到签约的目的 |
[28:06] | I’d like to be telling the truth. | 我想说出真相 |
[28:08] | Were you in the habit of questioning | 你是不是也喜欢质疑国务卿马什 |
[28:09] | – Secretary Marsh’s ethics? – He… | -的道德观 -他… |
[28:14] | He never made me feel like I had to. | 他从不会让我起质疑之心 |
[28:22] | Reach out to Xinpei’s mother in China, | 联系芯珮在某国的母亲 |
[28:24] | and get Xinpei on the phone. | 让芯珮也接电话 |
[28:26] | I want them both on the line | 我希望等我解释为何拒绝 |
[28:27] | when I explain why I am denying asylum. | 提供庇护时 她俩都在线上 |
[28:35] | Am I a monster? | 我是个禽兽吗 |
[28:36] | I need you to be honest. | 你老实回答我 |
[28:37] | Well, sometimes you have kind of a | 有时候你早上起床时 |
[28:39] | zombie thing going on in the morning. | 倒是挺像僵尸的 |
[28:40] | Come on, I’m serious. | 别这样 我很认真的 |
[28:43] | My staff thinks I don’t have any feelings. | 我的手下们觉得我冷漠无情 |
[28:45] | A woman left a baby outside at an orphanage, | 一个女人把一个孩子扔在了孤儿院外 |
[28:48] | and a half a world away | 在地球的另一边 |
[28:49] | that baby is reunited with her sister? | 那孩子和她的姐姐团聚了 |
[28:52] | And it’s-it’s miraculous, and I’m thrilled for them, | 这简直是奇迹 我很为她们高兴 |
[28:55] | and sad that they missed 11 years together. | 也为她们错过彼此十一年的时光而难过 |
[28:58] | And I’m angry at the government that forced them apart. | 对迫使她们分离的政府部门 我也很生气 |
[29:01] | I’m nothing but feelings. | 我明明有情有义 |
[29:03] | But that doesn’t change the fact | 但是这些不能改变她不够格 |
[29:05] | that she does not qualify for political asylum. | 得到政治庇护的事实啊 |
[29:08] | What is that noise? Are you making popcorn? | 那是什么声音 你在做爆米花吗 |
[29:12] | Son of a bitch! | 我去 |
[29:13] | God, it’s the sleepover tonight. | 上帝啊 今天是她们的闺蜜之夜 |
[29:15] | I am not home for my daughter’s | 我都不能在家跟我女儿 |
[29:17] | sleepover with five or six friends | 和她那五六个我根本叫不上名的朋友 |
[29:19] | whose names I don’t even know because my staff is right. | 过闺蜜之夜 因为我的手下说得对 |
[29:21] | I’m a monster. | 我就是个禽兽 |
[29:22] | Yeah, and it gets worse. | 是啊 还有更糟糕的呢 |
[29:24] | You’re raising little monsters. | 你还养了一堆小禽兽 |
[29:25] | ‘Cause it turns out that the number one indicator | 因为一个人会变成 |
[29:27] | that a person turns into a serial killer | 连环杀手的首要指标 |
[29:29] | is that, during childhood, the father, | 就是在他们的童年中 是由父亲 |
[29:31] | not the mother, made the popcorn for the sleepover. | 而不是母亲 给他们的闺蜜之夜做爆米花 |
[29:35] | All right, now you’re-you’re just mocking me. | 好吧 你又在嘲笑我了 |
[29:37] | You’re a mom who had to stay late at work. | 你是个不得不工作到很晚的妈妈 |
[29:39] | It doesn’t ruin the kids. | 不会扫孩子们的兴的 |
[29:40] | It just shows them that sometimes | 只是会让他们明白 |
[29:42] | you have to do stuff that’s hard. | 有时候你没得选择 不论你乐不乐意 |
[29:43] | It’s just life, babe. Normal life. | 这就是生活 宝贝 普通的生活 |
[29:45] | Your a mom that got stuck at work. | 你只不过是被工作困住的妈妈 |
[29:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:50] | That makes sense. I’m buying it. | 听起来很有道理 我信你了 |
[29:52] | Good. | 那就好 |
[29:52] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[29:54] | While you’re in that space, you want to hear a joke? | 既然你现在也没事 想听个笑话吗 |
[29:56] | Yeah. | 行啊 |
[29:57] | Thomas Aquinas walks into a bar. | 托马斯·阿奎纳走进一家酒吧 |
[30:04] | God, please don’t tell me you actually used that | 天哪 别告诉我你真把这个 |
[30:07] | in the middle of your speech. | 加到你的演讲里了 |
[30:10] | Madam Secretary? | 国务卿女士 |
[30:12] | Hold on a second. What? | 等一下 怎么了 |
[30:14] | Xinpei’s mother was taken in for questioning | 芯珮的母亲昨天被 |
[30:16] | by the Chinese Secret Police yesterday. | 某国秘密警察抓去问话了 |
[30:19] | We’re getting reports that she died while in custody. | 我们得到消息她在拘留期间死了 |
[30:26] | Babe, is everything all right? | 宝贝 一切还好吗 |
[30:29] | No. No. | 不 不好 |
[30:38] | What the hell happened? | 发生了什么 |
[30:39] | Madam Secretary, if we could keep this cordial. | 国务卿女士 咱们能友好地解决这件事吗 |
[30:42] | You do realize that by killing this woman | 你应该知道杀掉这个女人 |
[30:44] | you’ve made Xinpei’s case for asylum that much harder to deny. | 会让我们更难拒绝为芯珮提供庇护 |
[30:48] | Fu Xinwan was brought in for questioning. | 我们只是要问付芯婉几个问题 |
[30:49] | It was an interview, not an interrogation. | 那是一场会谈 不是审问 |
[30:52] | She had a heart attack. | 她心脏病发作 |
[30:54] | It is my understanding this was a chronic condition | 据我了解这是她自己没有处理好的 |
[30:56] | that she wasn’t managing well. | 慢性疾病 |
[30:58] | She was rushed to the hospital, | 她被送到医院抢救 |
[30:59] | but the doctors were not able to resuscitate. | 但是医生们已经无能为力 |
[31:02] | Now, why should I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[31:04] | Madam… | 国务卿… |
[31:07] | I am a father. | 我也为人父母 |
[31:08] | I feel terribly for this poor girl. | 对这个可怜的女孩 我也很痛心 |
[31:11] | China is changing. | 某国在改变 |
[31:13] | In today’s China, the sins of the parents | 当今的某国 父母之罪 |
[31:15] | don’t transfer to their children. | 不会再由子女来承担 |
[31:17] | Fu Xinpei has nothing to fear from us. | 付芯珮根本不用怕我们 |
[31:19] | You must let her come home. | 你必须得让她回家 |
[31:22] | My government believes | 我国政府认为 |
[31:24] | you never planned on signing the Henkashu Treaty. | 你根本不打算签署《根岛条约》 |
[31:27] | You were always just looking for a way out. | 你一直在寻求退出的办法 |
[31:29] | And this girl was a convenient excuse. | 这女孩正是一个合适的借口 |
[31:34] | Unless the girl is returned in the next 12 hours, | 除非在十二小时内将她遣送回国 |
[31:37] | – Oh, come on. – my government will have no choice | -得了吧 -否则我国政府将别无选择 |
[31:39] | but to permanently walk away from these talks. | 只能永久退出谈判 |
[31:42] | We are already moving ballistic missiles | 我们已经在向东南海岸 |
[31:44] | to our southeastern coast, | 运送弹道导弹 |
[31:45] | just in case the Japanese decide | 以防日本突发奇想 |
[31:47] | to do anything stupid like plant a flag on the Henkashu Islands. | 做些类似在根岛上插旗的蠢事 |
[32:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:09] | She finds a sister, and now we have to tell her | 她找到了姐姐 现在我们得告诉她 |
[32:14] | she lost her mom. | 她失去了妈妈 |
[32:16] | It’s not fair. | 太不公平了 |
[32:17] | No, it isn’t. | 是啊 |
[32:22] | Let’s… let’s just give her another minute. | 我们 再给她点时间吧 |
[32:31] | I’m sorry about before. | 之前的事 我很抱歉 |
[32:34] | It was unprofessional. | 我表现得太不专业了 |
[32:40] | I was jealous, actually. | 事实上 我很嫉妒 |
[32:44] | Friend of mine recently died, too, | 我也有一个朋友最近过世了 |
[32:48] | and… | 而我 |
[32:51] | I haven’t been able to cry. | 我都还没能哭出来 |
[32:58] | I started this job, and I had a lot on my mind. | 我开始这份工作后 总有很多事情要操心 |
[33:03] | Today I realized I could use a good cry. | 今天我终于意识到我可以好好哭一场 |
[33:10] | You should have one. | 你是该好好哭一场的 |
[33:21] | Oh, this isn’t gonna get any easier. | 再等下去这话也不会变得容易说出口 |
[33:32] | So, I got freaking accosted | 今天在我工作的时候 |
[33:35] | today at work about the Chinese kid. | 有人跟我提及了那个某国女孩的事 |
[33:36] | – That senator from Texas. – Fletcher? | -那个德州的参议员 -弗莱彻吗 |
[33:38] | She comes up to me, and she’s, like, | 她来找我了 告诉我说 |
[33:40] | “If y’all could let your mama know | “希望你能让你妈妈知道 |
[33:41] | “that the good people of Texas hate commies.” Stupid. | “德州的好人讨厌共产党员” 蠢死了 |
[33:45] | Senator Fletcher‘s actually awesome. | 弗莱彻参议员很好的 |
[33:47] | She’s a family friend. | 她可是我们家世交呢 |
[33:48] | She may be awesome, but her politics are really not awesome. | 也许她人很好 但她的政见蠢透了 |
[33:50] | She has no idea what she’s talking about. | 她完全不知道自己在讲什么 |
[33:52] | Um, she’s actually really smart. She went to Stanford. | 事实上她很聪明 她读的是斯坦福大学 |
[33:56] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[33:58] | So that makes everything that she says okay? | 所以说无论她说什么都是对的咯 |
[34:00] | – All right, Stevie. – I didn’t say that. | -好了 斯蒂芬 -我可没这么说 |
[34:01] | What? I mean, yes, China is a communist society, | 怎么了 没错 某国是共产主义社会 |
[34:03] | but you can’t just paint it with this broad, evil brush. | 但你不能想当然的以为它是蛮荒邪恶的 |
[34:05] | – Okay, I wasn’t even talking about that. – Just ignore her. | -我根本就没有这个意思 -别理她 |
[34:07] | Yeah, that’s great. | 很好 |
[34:08] | Just watch TV and be dumb and complacent. | 看你们的电视去 继续无知和自满去吧 |
[34:11] | No. You don’t get to call me dumb anymore. | 你不准再说我无知 |
[34:12] | Okay, come on. Come on, the two of you. | 行了 行了 你们俩 |
[34:13] | Okay, well, then, prove to me that you’re not. | 行啊 那证明给我看你不无知啊 |
[34:14] | No. You are the idiot now. | 不 现在你才是个傻子 |
[34:16] | Now you’re just trying to look cool in front of your friends. | 你不过是想在朋友面前装得很酷罢了 |
[34:17] | I’m trying to look cool? | 我想要装得很酷 |
[34:18] | – Whatever! – You’re not the best at everything anymore. | -随你 -你现在不是天之骄女了 |
[34:21] | You’re not the valedictorian, | 你不再是致告别辞的人 |
[34:22] | homecoming queen. | 也不是返校节女王 |
[34:23] | You’re a hostess in a restaurant | 你不过是个在餐馆里 |
[34:25] | showing people to their tables. | 给客人引路的服务员罢了 |
[34:27] | That’s what you are. | 你就是这么个身份 |
[34:36] | Thanks, Dad. | 真是谢谢你 爸爸 |
[34:44] | She was in heart failure when I left. | 我离开的时候她就有心衰的症状了 |
[34:47] | Then the doctor said that she needed surgery, but… | 医生说她需要动手术 但是… |
[34:51] | she refused. | 她拒绝了 |
[34:55] | I found this. | 我发现了这个 |
[35:02] | Minister Chen said something | 陈部长跟我说 |
[35:04] | about not punishing children for their parents’ sins. | 父母之罪不祸及子女 |
[35:08] | And it hit me. | 那一瞬间 我就明白了 |
[35:10] | She was the activist, not you. | 激进主义分子是她 不是你 |
[35:13] | Coming here was her idea. | 来美国也是她的主意 |
[35:16] | This was her dream. | 这曾是她的梦想 |
[35:23] | She couldn’t have freedom, | 她没能享受自由 |
[35:25] | so she wanted it for you? | 所以她才想让你获得自由吗 |
[35:31] | She kept saying, | 她一直说 |
[35:34] | “Be strong, Xinpei. | “要坚强 芯珮 |
[35:37] | “Be strong. | “坚强点 |
[35:40] | “You can do this.” | “你可以的” |
[35:48] | Because she died in custody, | 她在拘留中死亡 |
[35:53] | that qualifies you for political asylum. | 使你符合了政治庇护的条件 |
[35:56] | You can stay in America if you want. | 如果你想的话 可以留在美国 |
[36:00] | If that’s what you want. | 如果这就是你想要的 |
[36:05] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[36:23] | Xinpei wants to stay. | 芯珮想留下来 |
[36:25] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士… |
[36:25] | I’m leaning towards denying asylum. | 我倾向于拒绝庇护 |
[36:29] | Excellent decision. | 很明智的决定 |
[36:31] | I hate being lied to, especially by a child. | 被骗可不能容忍 尤其是被一个孩子骗 |
[36:35] | And she confirmed her mother’s bad health. | 她也证实了她母亲确实健康状况不好 |
[36:39] | – So… – No one… | -所以说… -你那方… |
[36:40] | we have an agreement. | 我们达成一致了 |
[36:41] | touches her from your side. | 任何人都不准伤害她 |
[36:43] | No retribution. | 不准报复她 |
[36:45] | She’s a confused child, and her future safety | 她只是个迷惘的孩子 她的未来安全 |
[36:49] | is paramount to the United States | 对美国以及我们友好关系的延续 |
[36:50] | and our continued goodwill. | 都至关重要 |
[36:53] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[36:54] | But she’s not going anywhere | 但是 除非你们签署了协议 |
[36:56] | until I have a signed treaty in my hands. | 否则她哪儿都不去 |
[37:13] | While no one would dream of dividing national sovereignty, | 无人会想分割国权 |
[37:17] | natural resources, with cooperation, | 可天然资源 在相互合作下 |
[37:20] | can be shared. | 是可以共享的 |
[37:42] | Daisy. | 戴西 |
[37:44] | You used her. | 你利用了她 |
[37:45] | Even though you promised you wouldn’t. | 尽管你保证过不会利用她 |
[37:47] | She just lost her mother, | 她刚失去了母亲 |
[37:48] | and you used her as a bargaining chip. | 你就把她当做谈判筹码 |
[37:50] | I don’t think I can work for… | 我不觉得我能为一个… |
[37:51] | Stop before you finish that sentence. | 别把这句话说完 |
[37:53] | You should know, Xinpei wants to go back. | 你该知道 芯珮想要回去 |
[37:55] | It’s her choice, not mine. | 这是她的选择 不是我的 |
[37:57] | I… I don’t understand. | 我 我不懂 |
[37:59] | She wants to help build a more democratic China, | 她想要回国致力于建设一个更民主的某国 |
[38:02] | so, she’s going back to continue her mother’s work | 所以她要回去以自己的方式 |
[38:05] | in her own way. | 继续她母亲未尽的事业 |
[38:08] | So, you lied to Minister Chen? | 所以说 你骗了陈部长吗 |
[38:10] | I didn’t have a plan B, and I needed leverage. | 我没有备用方案 我需要筹码 |
[38:13] | So, yes, I did. | 没错 我骗了他 |
[38:15] | If the Chinese had found out | 如果某国发现 |
[38:15] | that Xinpei was returning voluntarily, | 芯珮是自愿回国的 |
[38:18] | they still could’ve walked away from the talks. | 他们还是有可能拒绝谈判 |
[38:19] | This way, they saw you as a strong broker for peace. | 而这样他们会认为你是努力求和平的中间人 |
[38:21] | And I got to put China on notice | 也是这样我才能警告某国 |
[38:23] | that if Xinpei so much as stubs her toe, | 哪怕芯珮受到丝毫伤害 |
[38:25] | there will be hell to pay. | 他们都要付出惨痛的代价 |
[38:27] | Hi, guys. Xinpei, I’ve got all your papers. | 大家好 芯珮 文件都准备好了 |
[38:30] | You ready to go? | 你准备好了吗 |
[38:31] | – Yup. These guys are gonna take me. – Oh, good! | -准备好了 她们要送我 -好极了 |
[38:34] | Look what my sister gave me to remember her by. | 看我姐姐送了我什么纪念品 |
[38:35] | That is very cool. | 真是酷 |
[38:37] | And we’re going to visit Xinpei in China this summer. | 我们暑假还会去某国看望芯珮 |
[38:40] | Come on, come on. | 快走吧 |
[38:40] | You don’t want to miss your plane. | 误机可就不好了 |
[38:43] | You’re not mad at me for wanting to go back, right? | 我选择回去您不会生气吧 |
[38:46] | Of course not. You kidding? | 当然不会 开什么玩笑 |
[38:48] | You’re honoring your mother. | 你这是对母亲的尊重 |
[38:50] | I think she’d be very proud of you. | 我想她一定很为你骄傲 |
[38:53] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[38:54] | I am sure of it. | 我非常确信 |
[38:58] | You go out there and change the world, okay? | 去改变世界吧 |
[39:08] | Go. | 去吧 |
[39:16] | He liked to hire | 他喜欢聘请 |
[39:17] | what he referred to as “dark horses” | 那些被他称作”黑马”的人 |
[39:19] | people who may not have gone to the best schools, | 那些也许不是名校出身 |
[39:22] | come from the best families, | 家境也并非优渥的人 |
[39:24] | but who had a fire in their bellies to make the world better. | 但这些人有一股改变世界的热忱 |
[39:28] | I’ve come to see that he was much more | 我认为他不仅仅是 |
[39:29] | than just a portrait on the wall, | 挂在墙上的肖像画 |
[39:32] | or a face on the news. | 或是出现在新闻中的人 |
[39:34] | He was a boss, a mentor, a patriot. | 他是一位好领导 好导师 爱国者 |
[39:39] | He was a gret American. | 他是一位伟大的美国人 |
[39:41] | We will miss him. | 我们都会想念他 |
[40:00] | That was a quite a speech. | 刚才的讲话真精彩 |
[40:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:03] | – Never heard the soccer ball thing before. – I know. | -我从未听过足球这事 -是啊 |
[40:05] | – That’s a pretty amazing story. – Yeah, you got to wonder. | -这故事真动人 -不禁让人疑惑 |
[40:07] | He’s handing out all these soccer balls, | 他到处发放足球 |
[40:10] | paying for ’em out of his own pocket, | 而且是自己掏腰包买的足球 |
[40:12] | and not one bit of press about it. | 居然没有任何媒体的报道 |
[40:14] | Well, apparently, he didn’t want any. | 据说是他要求的不要报道 |
[40:16] | Yeah. I don’t buy it. | 话是这么说 反正我不信 |
[40:19] | I think he made a deal with all those reporters | 我觉得他和媒体达成了协议 |
[40:21] | to wait, run the story when he ran against Dalton | 等他在下一轮竞选中与道尔顿相争时 |
[40:25] | in the next election. | 再发表这篇报道 |
[40:26] | – What? – Oh, yeah. | -什么 -你没听错 |
[40:28] | Bastard was getting ready to announce right before he died. | 那混蛋死前正准备宣布参选 |
[40:31] | Stabbing his own president in the back. | 给培养自己的总统背后捅上一刀 |
[40:33] | And I will bet you any amount of money | 我敢跟你打赌 |
[40:36] | that the next day, there would have been a picture of him | 一旦公布参选 第二天媒体上就会 |
[40:39] | with a bunch of smiling street kids | 刊登站在街头微笑的小孩 |
[40:40] | and their brand-new soccer balls. | 抱着崭新足球的照片 |
[40:43] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[40:45] | I have to give my condolences to Mrs. Marsh. | 我得向马什夫人致哀 |
[40:58] | – Hello. – Hi. | -我回来了 -欢迎回来 |
[41:01] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪 |
[41:03] | To my job. Where do you think? | 上班 不然还能去哪 |
[41:04] | Well, I was actually hoping maybe we could hang out… | 我还想着我们能好好聊聊… |
[41:06] | I have no time, Mom. | 我没时间 妈妈 |
[41:07] | I have to go. I have to pull my weight. | 我得走了 得自力更生不是吗 |
[41:09] | What are you talking about? | 你这话什么意思 |
[41:10] | People need seating. Nothing. Nothing. | 人们需要人带位 没事 没事 |
[41:11] | I have nothing to say. I’m just a college dropout. | 我无话可说 我只是个中途辍学的败者 |
[41:13] | Well, wait a second. Just, wha….? | 等等 怎么回事 |
[41:15] | Bye, honey. | 亲爱的 再见 |
[41:17] | Well, I… What happ…? | 这是… 怎么回事 |
[41:18] | I mean, did something happen? What…? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[41:20] | Oh, girls had a fight. | 女儿们吵架了 |
[41:21] | Things were said. Feelings were hurt. | 说了些重话 伤感情了 |
[41:25] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[41:26] | Sisters fight. | 姐妹都会吵架 |
[41:27] | – It’s normal. – It’s not! | -这很正常 -这不正常 |
[41:29] | It’s not normal. | 一点都不正常 |
[41:30] | None of this is normal! | 这一切都不正常 |
[41:32] | I got to tell you, Henry, I’m really trying | 我得实话实说 亨利 我很努力 |
[41:34] | to buy your argument about our normal life. | 去尝试相信你说的生活一切正常 |
[41:38] | It’s not normal that I have no idea | 我对家里的事情一无所知 |
[41:39] | what is going on in my house. | 这一点都不正常 |
[41:42] | It’s not normal to push your feelings to the margins. | 把感情控制在最小限度这也不正常 |
[41:46] | The suckers don’t stay there. | 有血有肉的人总该有感情的 |
[41:49] | I’m ready to talk about George. | 我想谈谈乔治的事了 |
[41:51] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:54] | George thought that Marsh was dirty. | 乔治觉得马什有问题 |
[41:57] | He thought his death wasn’t an accident. | 他认为他的死并非意外 |
[41:59] | – And that you might be in danger. – Right. | -他还觉得你可能会有危险 -没错 |
[42:02] | Then he died. | 然后他就死了 |
[42:04] | At first, I thought Marsh was a saint, a great American, | 起先我以为马什是个圣人 伟大的美国人 |
[42:08] | way everybody talked about him. | 这就是大伙对他的评价 |
[42:09] | You said he had no enemies. | 你说过他没有敌人 |
[42:11] | But it turns out, he did. | 事实证明 他有敌人 |
[42:14] | The White House Chief of Staff. | 白宫参谋长 |
[42:16] | And the President of the United States. | 以及美国总统 |
[42:20] | So, maybe George was right. | 所以说 也许乔治是对的 |
[42:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[42:24] | I was secretly kind of rooting for crazy. | 我本暗自希望这只是他的疯言疯语 |
[42:27] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:33] | I wish George was here. | 真希望乔治在这 |
[42:36] | He was so… | 他那么… |
[42:38] | good and smart. | 善良而睿智 |
[42:40] | And if he were, he could tell me what I should do. | 如果他在 就能告诉我该怎么办了 |
[42:43] | And I do want to get to the bottom of it. | 我真的想查清楚这事 |
[42:45] | I really do. I want to… I want to figure it out. | 真的 我很想搞清楚 |
[42:48] | But right now, I just want to miss him. | 但现在 我只想好好怀念他 |
[42:56] | Go ahead. | 哭吧 |