时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | In conclusion, the challenges of the 21st century | 总而言之 二十一世纪面临的挑战 |
[00:40] | are indeed great. | 深重久远 |
[00:42] | Therefore, our determination to solve them together | 所以 我们一起面对挑战的决心 |
[00:46] | must be even greater. | 必须尤其坚定 |
[00:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:50] | And now I’m going to barf, | 现在我要吐了 |
[00:52] | because this speech is so terrible. | 这讲稿也太烂了 |
[00:55] | No offense, Matt. | 无意冒犯 马特 |
[00:56] | None taken, I think. | 没事…吧 |
[00:58] | But given that this is my | 但鉴于这是我在 |
[00:59] | first speech before the World Affairs Committee, | 世界事务委员会面前的第一次发言 |
[01:01] | which is “the most august and influential…” | 也就是”最有威严及影响力的…” |
[01:05] | what was the rest of it? | 剩下怎么说来着 |
[01:06] | “Forum for international relations in the world.” | “世界国际关系论坛” |
[01:08] | Right, that. | 对 就这个 |
[01:10] | Wouldn’t it be nice if I actually…say something? | 我说些实在的话不是更好 |
[01:14] | Well, Ma’am, it’s precisely because | 国务卿女士 这正是因为 |
[01:16] | this is your first speech on such an important stage | 这是您在这种重要场合上首次演讲 |
[01:19] | that each word needs to be polished, | 所以更需要字斟句酌 |
[01:21] | and considered, and correct. | 严谨用词 |
[01:24] | ‘Kay, just an FYI, words like that make my eye twitch. | 好吧 但跟你说 这种词看得我眼抽筋 |
[01:26] | Look, we’re trying to articulate U.S. policy | 我们想要在各种话题中 |
[01:29] | on a broad variety of topics, so the speech has been vetted… | 明晰地表达我国政策 所以讲稿被… |
[01:31] | Vetted by various departments and agencies. I know. I… | 被许多部门和机构审查过 我知道 |
[01:34] | Not to mention, we have to factor in the positions of our allies | 更不用说 我们还要考虑盟国的立场 |
[01:37] | to avoid offending them. | 以免冒犯他们 |
[01:38] | And trying to fit that all in one speech is, like… | 讲稿要兼顾所有这些因素 简直… |
[01:43] | super hard. | 非常难 |
[01:44] | Well put. | 用词真好 |
[01:45] | Ma’am, the speech is in two days. | 国务卿 演讲只剩两天了 |
[01:48] | We need to finalize it. | 我们需要定稿 |
[01:50] | Right, fine. | 好吧 |
[01:51] | But give me some substance. | 但写点真东西 |
[01:52] | I want something in that speech that I care about. | 我要演讲里有我真正在乎的内容 |
[01:55] | That the White House approves. | 还要白宫也同意的 |
[01:57] | Blake. | 布莱克 |
[02:00] | I think Nadine suspects something. | 我觉得纳丁起疑心了 |
[02:02] | Feel her eyes on me all the time. | 感觉她一直在看我 |
[02:03] | Relax, she’s not Sauron. | 别怕 她不是魔王索隆 |
[02:05] | That’s what you think. | 你可别小看她 |
[02:06] | Your paranoia notwithstanding, | 除了你的多疑 |
[02:08] | do you have any actual intel for me? | 你有真正的情报给我吗 |
[02:11] | I’m halfway through her e-mails, calendar and phone logs | 国务卿马什在任时她的邮件 日程安排 |
[02:14] | from her time with Secretary Marsh. | 和通话记录我已经查了一半 |
[02:16] | So far, the only thing that feels dirty or suspicious is me. | 目前 唯一肮脏可疑的地方就是我 |
[02:19] | Blake, everyone in this building is potentially subject | 布莱克 这栋楼里的所有人都有可能 |
[02:23] | to investigation. | 随时被调查 |
[02:24] | Secretary Marsh, her old boss, was conspiring | 国务卿马什 她的旧主 曾密谋 |
[02:27] | to undermine the Iran peace talks. | 破坏伊朗和谈 |
[02:29] | I want to make sure I’m not about to get | 我要确保我不会被自己的 |
[02:30] | stabbed in the back by my Chief of Staff. | 参谋长背后捅一刀 |
[02:32] | The diplomatic security guys think | 外交部的安保人员觉得 |
[02:33] | I’m on a fishing expedition. | 我在盲目调查 |
[02:35] | You are on a fishing expedition. | 你就是在盲目调查 |
[02:40] | I think their question is: why me? | 我觉得他们是纳闷 “为什么派他查” |
[02:43] | Because unlike the rest of my staff, | 因为不像我其他手下 |
[02:45] | you’re my hire, and I trust you. | 你是我亲自雇的 我相信你 |
[02:47] | But you can tell the DS that the answer is: | 但你可以告诉国务院 答案是 |
[02:50] | because I said so. | “这是国务卿的命令” |
[02:51] | See what I’m talking about? Boss lady hates me. | 你也看到了吧 老大讨厌我 |
[02:54] | No, just your speech. | 不 她只讨厌你的讲稿 |
[02:55] | Thanks. | 真谢谢你 |
[02:56] | Look, it’s too equivocal. She’s no-BS. | 太模棱两可了 不是她风格 |
[02:58] | And what? I’m pro-BS? | 所以呢 就是我风格吗 |
[03:01] | Okay, can I tell you something, as a friend? | 好吧 我能作为朋友奉劝你一句吗 |
[03:03] | Well, that’s a slightly complicated question. | 这问题可有点复杂哦 |
[03:06] | All this wheedling and whining — it’s not cute. | 你这样牢骚不停 可不讨喜 |
[03:10] | Thanks, friend. | 谢谢你了 朋友 |
[03:12] | Now, why don’t you tell me something… | 那作为超越朋友关系的你… |
[03:15] | as more than a friend? | 又会对我说什么 |
[03:17] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[03:19] | Man up, dude. | 男人点吧 兄弟 |
[03:21] | Oh, I’m a man. | 我很男人的 |
[03:25] | I’m a no-BS man. | 我是个不会废话的男人 |
[03:27] | Full of substance. | 只说有意义的事 |
[03:30] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:33] | That sounded weird. | 这话听起来真别扭 |
[03:36] | Wait, so he’s here? | 等等 他已经来了吗 |
[03:39] | The priest? | 那个牧师 |
[03:40] | Yeah, Laurent Adisa. | 是的 洛朗·阿迪萨 |
[03:41] | My social justice professor from divinity school. | 我上神学院时的社会司法老师 |
[03:43] | Oh, that’s right. | 对哦 |
[03:45] | The guy who gave you a “B.” | 给你”良”的那人 |
[03:48] | I thought we were having dinner Saturday night. | 我以为我们是周六晚上吃饭 |
[03:49] | His schedule changed. | 他的日程改了 |
[03:50] | And, for the record, it was my only “B.” | 而且我先声明 我只得过那一次”良” |
[03:53] | Ever. | 从小到大 |
[03:54] | Do you know what, great, | 你猜怎么着 真好 |
[03:55] | because I’m exhausted, as one often is on a Tuesday night. | 我累坏了 周二晚上谁不累啊 |
[03:58] | So I can go up and lay down, | 所以我要上楼躺着 |
[04:00] | and you guys can re-litigate the “B.” | 你们去”良事重提”吧 |
[04:01] | Babe, just come on. | 亲爱的 拜托了 |
[04:03] | You texted, like, ten times today, you never said anything. | 你今天发了有十条短信 却一字没提 |
[04:05] | It was a last-minute thing. | 临时安排的 |
[04:09] | Fine, I’ll say hello. | 好吧 我去打个招呼 |
[04:11] | But, for the record, acting very weird. | 但我要说 你举止好奇怪 |
[04:14] | Hello, everybody. | 你们好 各位 |
[04:15] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[04:17] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[04:18] | Father Adisa, really nice surprise. Please call me Elizabeth. | 阿迪萨神父 幸会 叫我伊丽莎白就好 |
[04:21] | Well, if you call me Laurent. | 除非你也叫我洛朗 |
[04:22] | Okay. If memory serves… | 好 没记错的话 |
[04:25] | …you were Henry’s | 你是亨利 |
[04:26] | favorite professor, and also the only one | 最喜欢的教授 同时还是唯一一位 |
[04:28] | that ever gave him a “B.” | 给过他”良”的教授 |
[04:29] | Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Dad got a “B”? | 老爸还得过”良”呢 |
[04:31] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[04:32] | In defense of your father, | 我得为你父亲说句话 |
[04:33] | he was a very brilliant student, | 他是才华横溢的学生 |
[04:35] | but he was, uh…rather distracted | 但他当时被容光焕发的妻子 |
[04:38] | by uh, a radiant wife and a brand-new baby. | 和新生的宝宝分了不少心 |
[04:41] | Well, if by “radiant,” | 你说的”容光焕发” |
[04:42] | you mean sleepless and hostile… | 要是指失眠和待人如仇敌倒没错 |
[04:44] | I didn’t realize you’d been radiant for so long, Mom. | 没想到你都”容光焕发”这么久了 妈 |
[04:47] | – Ooh, snap. – Okay. | -够啦 -好啦 |
[04:49] | – That was a good one. – Come on, wise guys, beat it. | -这句接得好 -好了 各个小聪明 走吧 |
[04:50] | Grown-ups need to talk. | 大人们要谈话了 |
[04:52] | Come on, nerds. | 走吧 呆子 |
[04:54] | So, Father, uh, Laurent… | 那么神父… 我是说洛朗 |
[04:56] | …what brings you to, uh…to D.C.? | 什么风把你吹到这儿来了 |
[04:59] | Well, I’m here speaking on behalf of my charities | 我是代表我的慈善机构 |
[05:02] | and some of the churches in the area. | 和那块的一些教堂来的 |
[05:04] | But, um… | 不过 |
[05:06] | I must confess that I didn’t just come here | 我得承认我来不只是为了 |
[05:09] | to uh, have a meal with your charming family. | 跟你们温馨的一家吃顿饭而已 |
[05:12] | Yes, I’m beginning to get that. | 我大概懂了 |
[05:13] | I was wondering if you had heard about the events of my country, | 你最近是否听说过我国西非共和国 |
[05:17] | uh, the Republic of West Africa. | 发生的事件 |
[05:19] | I’m-I’m aware of the coup that happened six months ago. | 我知道六个月前发生了政变 |
[05:23] | I’m also aware that the ruling Junta have begun | 我也知道军政府已经开始 |
[05:25] | curtailing women’s rights, | 削弱女权 |
[05:27] | and they’re closing any schools that they feel | 并且关闭了任何他们觉得受到了 |
[05:29] | are tainted by Western-style education. | 西式教育污染的学校 |
[05:31] | Apparently, that’s just the opening act. | 据说这还只是序幕 |
[05:33] | The Junta has begun a campaign | 军政府已经开始了一场 |
[05:35] | of ethnic slaughter against the Beko people. | 对贝科人民的种族大屠杀 |
[05:38] | Wait. That I’ve not heard. | 等等 这我还没有听说过 |
[05:41] | Well, they’re-they’re ramping up to enter into the Beko heartland | 他们准备进入贝科腹地 |
[05:44] | and clean out the city of St. Juste | 在数日之内 将对德圣茹斯特 |
[05:47] | in a matter of days. | 进行屠城 |
[05:49] | I… | 我… |
[05:50] | Thank you for bringing this to my attention. | 谢谢你跟我提起这件事 |
[05:52] | And I will get a full briefing on it tomorrow. | 明天我就让他们给我一份完整的情况报告 |
[05:54] | If-if you will indulge me. | 如果可以的话 |
[06:01] | That is my niece, Komoyo, | 这是我侄女 科穆瑶 |
[06:03] | and her children, Esther and Simon. | 还有她的孩子们 埃丝特和西蒙 |
[06:06] | Well, Komoyo called me yesterday, | 科穆瑶昨天打了电话给我 |
[06:08] | and, uh, she said the soldiers had entered her village. | 她说士兵已经进入了村庄 |
[06:12] | And now they are on the run. | 他们正在逃亡 |
[06:14] | Laurent, I’m very sorry. | 洛朗 我深表遗憾 |
[06:16] | It is I who must apologize for abusing your hospitality. | 应当是我为利用了你们的盛情款待而道歉 |
[06:19] | No, no, no, no… | 不不不… |
[06:20] | But uh, I just want you to understand | 但我希望你明白 |
[06:22] | that I did not show you this photograph | 我给你看这张照片 |
[06:24] | so that my family could get special treatment. | 并不是希望我的家人能受到特别待遇 |
[06:27] | The truth is that you have the power | 事实是你有权力 |
[06:30] | to answer the desperate prayers | 来响应我们国家 |
[06:32] | of thousands of my people. | 上千名绝望的人的祈祷 |
[06:39] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:40] | My phone just never stop ringing. | 我的手机总是响个不停 |
[06:44] | The help that is needed — | 需要帮助的人 |
[06:46] | it never ends. | 太多太多 |
[06:49] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[06:51] | Hello? | 你好 |
[06:52] | Don’t be afraid. | 别害怕 |
[06:53] | I’m here, I’m here. | 我在这儿呢 |
[06:56] | Ambushing me in our own home? Really? | 在我们家突袭我 不是吧 |
[06:59] | I know. He sorta ambushed me, too. | 是啊 他也突袭了我 |
[07:02] | You could’ve given me a heads-up. | 你也可以提前警告我一下啊 |
[07:05] | He said that he’s pleaded with everyone. | 他说他已经跟所有人求过情了 |
[07:07] | The U.N., the European Union, African Union, | 联合国 欧盟 非盟 |
[07:10] | the press — nobody cares. | 媒体 没有人在乎 |
[07:11] | It’s not that nobody cares, Henry, it’s that… | 并不是没有人在乎 亨利 而是… |
[07:15] | …things like this are happening all over the world, | 这样的事情全球各地都在发生 |
[07:18] | unfortunately, | 这非常不幸 |
[07:18] | and the decision to get involved is a political one. | 但是否干涉其中是个政治性的决定 |
[07:21] | I wish it was just an ethical dilemma, but it’s not. | 我也希望这只是道德问题 但这不是 |
[07:23] | You know, most of the time, we play catch-up on these things. | 大多数时候 这种事我们都是事后才知道 |
[07:27] | We see these horrible numbers after the fact. | 事情发生之后 也只有盯着伤亡的数字 |
[07:30] | But here… | 但这次 |
[07:32] | you have advanced warning. | 你得到了提前的警告 |
[07:33] | You have a chance to intervene. | 你有机会去干涉 |
[07:36] | What? Where are you going? | 怎么 你去哪 |
[07:38] | Downstairs to work. | 下楼工作 |
[07:39] | Wh-What would you rather I had done? | 那你说我当时该怎么办 |
[07:41] | Ignore it? | 忽视他吗 |
[07:42] | I would rather that you had remembered | 我希望你能记住不管怎样 |
[07:44] | that before anything we’re a team. | 我们是站在一边的 |
[07:50] | So, no one in this building | 关于西非共和国即将发生的 |
[07:52] | has any useful intel about an imminent campaign | 种族屠杀行动 在座的各位 |
[07:54] | of ethnic cleansing in the Republic of West Africa? | 都没有任何有用情报吗 |
[07:57] | Well, we’ve been tracking the situation. | 我们一直在追踪事态进展 |
[07:58] | It’s unclear if any attacks are imminent. | 屠杀是否即将发生还不清楚 |
[08:00] | But given our lack of vital interests | 鉴于我们在西非共和国 |
[08:01] | or assets in the RWA, | 并没有多少切身利益和资产 |
[08:03] | we concluded the situation wasn’t clear or pressing enough | 我们认为事态并未清楚或紧急到 |
[08:05] | to bring to your attention. | 值得您注意的层面 |
[08:06] | Attacks are imminent — and what the hell did you just say? | 屠杀即将发生 你刚刚说什么来着 |
[08:09] | I’m giving you the official assessment, Ma’am. | 我在给您汇报官方评估 国务卿 |
[08:10] | It’s a matter of grave concern, Ma’am, | 这件事情非常重要 国务卿 |
[08:12] | and I promise you we will look into it. | 我向您保证我们会密切关注 |
[08:15] | But right now your top priority has to be your speech. | 但您现在首先要忙的只能是您的演讲 |
[08:18] | Matt took another pass at it. | 马特又写了一份新的 |
[08:19] | There’s a little something in there about rising sea levels | 我在里面加了海平面上升 |
[08:22] | and freshwater scarcity | 和淡水资源匮乏 |
[08:23] | combining to drive global conflict | 共同导致了全球冲突的话题 |
[08:25] | that I think you’re gonna love. You know, “water, water…” | 我觉得你会喜欢的 “水 水…” |
[08:27] | Nadine, I’ll set the priorities, thank you. | 纳丁 事情的主次我来定 谢谢你 |
[08:29] | Sorry, Matt. Thank you. | 抱歉 马特 谢谢你 |
[08:30] | Uh, Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[08:31] | Ambassador Bokassa from the Republic of West Africa is here. | 西非共和国大使博卡萨来了 |
[08:34] | He’s not on your schedule, Ma’am. | 您日程里没有安排啊 国务卿 |
[08:34] | Send him up. | 让他上来 |
[08:35] | Send him up. | 请他上来 |
[08:41] | Why wasn’t I looped in about this meeting? | 为什么这次会面没有通知我 |
[08:44] | Oh. Um, it’s my mistake. | 是我的失误 |
[08:47] | I’m sorry. I-I must have forgotten. | 抱歉 我…肯定是我忘了 |
[08:50] | No one in this building forgets to tell me when they take lunch. | 这里的人去吃午饭都不会忘记通知我 |
[08:55] | It happened late. I meant to CC you… | 安排得迟了 我本想告知你的… |
[08:56] | Fine. | 行了 |
[08:58] | See if the ambassador would like cream and sugar. | 问问大使要不要加奶和糖 |
[09:02] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[09:03] | I cannot imagine where you’re getting | 我不知道你是从哪里 |
[09:04] | such a distorted impression of life | 得来这种对伟大西非共和国生活的 |
[09:06] | in the glorious Republic of West Africa. | 扭曲印象的 |
[09:09] | So you’re telling me your government has no plans | 你是说你的政府没有计划进行 |
[09:12] | to wage a campaign against the Beko people? | 任何反对贝科人的运动吗 |
[09:15] | We are a small nation, hmm? | 我们是小国 |
[09:17] | Wedged between Gabon and Cameroon, | 夹在加蓬和喀麦隆之间 |
[09:19] | with no oil to tempt you. | 没有石油可以吸引你们 |
[09:21] | Why the sudden interest | 为什么突然 |
[09:22] | in our internal affairs? | 对我们的内部事务感兴趣了呢 |
[09:23] | Okay, I’ll ask you again. | 好吧 我再问你一次 |
[09:24] | Is your government planning to attack the Beko? | 你们政府在计划攻击贝科吗 |
[09:27] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[09:29] | The Beko, like wayward children, | 贝科就像任性的孩子 |
[09:32] | scream at even the slightest discipline. | 受了一点委屈就大叫大嚷 |
[09:34] | But such whining is to be expected | 但在我们国家努力与外界 |
[09:36] | as our nation purifies itself | 颓败恶毒的环境划分开来时 |
[09:37] | of decadent and poisonous outside influences. | 他们会抱怨也在预料之中 |
[09:41] | By that, do you mean educated women or… | 环境是指…受教育的女性 |
[09:44] | expensive watches? | 还是高价手表 |
[09:47] | I mean only that the Ruling Council of the RWA | 我只是说西非的当局 |
[09:50] | wishes to bring peace and correct living | 只想给我们忠诚的民众 |
[09:53] | to all loyal citizens. | 提供和平和适当的生活 |
[09:55] | Well, I’m very glad to hear that your government | 我很高兴听说你们政府 |
[09:58] | has no such plans. | 没有进攻的计划 |
[10:00] | Just in case they do, you tell your bosses back home | 为防他们有这样计划 请回去告诉你上司 |
[10:04] | that the United States is watching. | 美国在看着他们 |
[10:06] | Good day. | 祝今天愉快 |
[10:45] | And here are the records | 这是国务卿马什去世后 |
[10:47] | for Ms. Tolliver’s work-issued BlackBerry | 几月来托利佛女士工作黑莓的 |
[10:49] | from the months immediately after Secretary Marsh died. | 全部记录 |
[10:57] | Say, how do you DS guys do it? | 你们外交安全人员是怎么做事的 |
[11:00] | You just sit down here all day, snooping on people? | 就整天在这儿坐着 窥探别人 |
[11:03] | We’re patriots. | 我们是爱国者 |
[11:08] | Hey, wait a second. | 等一等 |
[11:12] | This call here — is that recorded? | 这通电话 有记录吗 |
[11:14] | Hmm. Let me see. | 我看看 |
[11:17] | Nope. | 没有 |
[11:17] | 号码+1212550111 搜索结果 | |
[11:18] | Just the metadata showing it happened. | 只有元数据显示有这通电话 |
[11:24] | Three weeks ago, | 三周前 |
[11:24] | Nadine had a 20-minute conversation | 纳丁用工作手机 |
[11:26] | on her work cell phone with Constantine Stahl. | 跟康斯坦丁·斯托尔通话二十分钟 |
[11:29] | That’s an awfully long time to have a chat | 跟马什最大的赞助人之一聊天 |
[11:31] | with one of Marsh’s biggest backers. | 聊得也太久了吧 |
[11:33] | Three weeks ago, you were… | 三周前 你在… |
[11:34] | Scrambling to salvage the Iran peace talks. | 全力拯救伊朗和平谈判 |
[11:37] | Any chance they were just catching up? | 有可能他们只是闲聊吗 |
[11:40] | Nadine and a casino billionaire | 纳丁和一个 |
[11:42] | whose pet political cause is to bomb Iran, | 政治夙愿是炸掉伊朗的赌场富豪 |
[11:44] | swapping funny stories? | 随便聊点生活乐事 |
[11:47] | No. | 不可能 |
[11:48] | More likely he was calling to pump her for intel on the talks. | 更有可能是他打电话问她和谈信息 |
[11:52] | Which would make her a spy. | 也就是说她当了间谍 |
[11:54] | Is she dumb enough to take that call on a work phone? | 她有蠢到用工作电话说那些吗 |
[11:56] | I don’t know. Is there any way to find out? | 我不知道 有办法查清楚吗 |
[11:58] | There’s no audio of the call. | 没有电话录音 |
[12:02] | Well, then unless something definitive arises quickly | 除非有什么确定性证据赶紧出现 |
[12:06] | to change my mind, | 改变我的主意 |
[12:07] | I’ll have to pull her security clearance, | 否则我得让她停职 |
[12:09] | pending a full investigation. | 全面调查她 |
[12:15] | Thanks for taking time off from prepping for your fancy speech | 谢谢你抽出准备演讲的时间 |
[12:18] | to go where the common folk eat. | 来这个平民餐厅 |
[12:20] | Oh, are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[12:21] | It’s nice to get out of the office for a little bite of… | 能稍离开办公室一会儿 |
[12:24] | fried everything. | 吃油炸食物 太幸福了 |
[12:26] | What can I say? I miss our gross work lunches. | 可不是吗 我很怀念咱的油腻工作午餐 |
[12:29] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[12:34] | So this is a right-to-business kind of fried lunch, yeah? | 这是开门见山的油炸聚餐吗 |
[12:37] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[12:38] | What’s the CIA’s read on the RWA? | 中情局在西非方面有什么消息 |
[12:42] | Your source was right. | 你的消息没错 |
[12:43] | The Junta’s gearing up to drive out the Beko minority | 军政府在加速驱逐贝科少数派 |
[12:45] | by any means, up to and including genocide. | 用尽一切办法 包括种族灭绝 |
[12:49] | What would it take to stop it? | 怎么能阻止这事 |
[12:51] | Well, short of an act of God, | 除非上帝出手 |
[12:53] | nothing. | 没有办法 |
[12:54] | Not with the resources the U.S. is willing to bring to bear, | 美国不愿意提供资源就没办法 |
[12:57] | which is none. | 也确实没有 |
[12:58] | What’s left is the African Union, | 剩下就是非洲联盟 |
[13:00] | but they have a hard time getting all their member states | 但他们现在让所有成员国 |
[13:02] | on the same page — | 达成一致意见都难 |
[13:03] | or maybe the French, | 法国也许可以 |
[13:04] | but they’re bogged down in, like, five other countries. | 但他们被五个其他国家阻碍了 |
[13:07] | Blue-sky it for me. | 帮我做个假设 |
[13:08] | If money was no object, | 如果钱不是问题 |
[13:10] | ground troops, air support, logistics. | 地面部队 空中支援 后勤保障 |
[13:12] | Yeah, you’d need all of the above. | 你都需要 |
[13:14] | I should warn you, that the RWA is a toxic mess. | 我得提醒你 西非就是个毒泥潭 |
[13:18] | Part of the country not under the boot of the Junta is run– | 不在军政府控制下的那部分国家… |
[13:20] | By a bunch of renegade warlords | 由反叛军军阀统治 |
[13:21] | with RPGs and the machine guns, and… I know. | 他们持有榴弹 机关枪和…我知道 |
[13:24] | Then you know the odds of an intervention going sideways… | 那你也知道调停失败转为战争的可能性… |
[13:27] | Extremely high, I got it. | 非常高 我明白 |
[13:29] | Now, what else do I need? | 我还需要什么 |
[13:31] | Well, if… | 如果… |
[13:32] | That’s for the both of you. | 这是你们俩的 |
[13:33] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[13:35] | Name one vital interest we have | 说出一点西非共和国 |
[13:37] | in the Republic of West Africa. | 跟我们的利害关系 |
[13:39] | Bauxite. | 铝土矿 |
[13:40] | It’s the key mineral in aluminum. | 这是铝产业的关键矿物 |
[13:42] | Aluminum, I know. You’re kidding, right? | 铝产业 我知道 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[13:46] | I-I can see the bumper stickers now. | 我都能想象到汽车保险杠上贴的标语 |
[13:47] | “No Blood for Foil”. | “拒绝带血的金属交易” |
[13:49] | Okay, fine. We don’t have any vital interests in the RWA, | 那好吧 我们在西非共和国没什么利害关系 |
[13:52] | except for 50,000 innocent civilians | 但是有五万多的无辜民众 |
[13:56] | who are about to be murdered on our watch. | 当着我们的面要惨遭屠戮 |
[13:58] | For God’s sake, | 上帝啊 |
[13:59] | we haven’t exactly put a bow on the Middle East yet. | 咱们连中东的事情都没搞定呢 |
[14:01] | You want to go into Africa? | 你就想插手非洲的事情了吗 |
[14:02] | And why aren’t the stakeholders in the region making it an issue? | 为什么他们自己那的高层不管 |
[14:04] | This is a rapidly unfolding situation. | 局势变换得太快 |
[14:07] | If we don’t do something, and soon, it’ll be too late. | 要是我们不快做点什么 就会来不及了 |
[14:10] | Bess, I hear you. | 贝丝 我知道了 |
[14:12] | The Junta’s despicable. | 军政府非常卑鄙 |
[14:14] | And if reports about what they’re planning are correct… | 如果报道所述他们在谋划的事情是真的话 |
[14:16] | They are correct, sir. | 的确是真的 先生 |
[14:19] | No sense pretending that they’re not. | 假装看不清真相是没有意义的 |
[14:21] | No one’s pretending here. | 没人在假装 |
[14:22] | – I… – The fact is, | -我… -事实是 |
[14:24] | this is not our fight. | 这不是我们的战争 |
[14:25] | If we stand back, we’re accused of apathy. | 要是咱们不出手 我们会被指责毫无同情心 |
[14:27] | If we engage, we’re accused of policing the world. | 要是卷进去了 又会被指责试图当世界警察 |
[14:30] | Military intervention is a dog’s breakfast, | 不管出于什么原因 |
[14:33] | no matter the cause. | 军事干预都会造成混乱的局面 |
[14:35] | Look… | 听着 |
[14:37] | you know I’m a realist, | 你们知道我是现实主义者 |
[14:40] | but there are events that transcend national interest, | 但是有些事比国家利益更为重要 |
[14:44] | and I believe this is one of those. | 我认为这件事就是 |
[14:48] | I know you do. | 我知道你是这么认为的 |
[14:52] | But I don’t. | 但是我不这么认为 |
[15:11] | So what do you say, Danny? | 你怎么看 丹尼 |
[15:12] | Want to help us get this story out there, | 愿意帮咱们发表这个报道吗 |
[15:13] | maybe grab yourself another Pulitzer, | 说不定还能给你自个儿再捞个普利策奖 |
[15:15] | keep the first one company? | 正好能跟之前得的那座奖杯摆在一起 |
[15:17] | I can pass this along to my colleagues on the international desk, | 我可以把这些转告给国际新闻的同事们 |
[15:20] | but obviously they’re gonna have to vet your source. | 但是显然他们会调查你的线人 |
[15:22] | Source? I am the source. | 线人 我就是啊 |
[15:24] | I’m sitting right here in front of you. | 我就坐在你的面前呢 |
[15:26] | Ask me anything you want. | 想知道什么你就随便问 |
[15:27] | It’s the journalistic process — takes time. | 这是发表新闻的过程 很费时间的 |
[15:29] | Time? Time’s precisely | 时间 时间就是 |
[15:31] | what thousands of innocent victims do not have! | 几千名无辜受害者们最缺的东西 |
[15:34] | Look, I-I know you’ll do everything you can to help. | 听着 我知道你会尽你所能地帮忙 |
[15:37] | Really appreciate you meeting with us. Thanks. | 我很感激你能来见我们 谢了 |
[15:39] | You bet. | 那还用说 |
[15:45] | That went well. | 还不算太遭 |
[15:48] | Forgive me, Henry. | 原谅我 亨利 |
[15:49] | I find myself getting angry these days, | 我发现最近我经常生气 |
[15:51] | not just at God for letting terrible things happen | 不仅气上帝让无辜的人遭受如此可怕的事 |
[15:55] | to innocent people, but for selecting a… | 还气他选择了我这么 |
[15:57] | poor and impatient messenger such as myself. | 又不合适又没耐心的信使 |
[16:01] | We’ll just keep pushing, okay? | 我们会继续努力的 好吗 |
[16:03] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[16:05] | take it easy on yourself, man. | 别把自己逼得太紧 伙计 |
[16:12] | – Mom? – Yah. | -妈妈 -什么事 |
[16:16] | Whatever it is that you’re worried about, | 不管你是在烦恼什么 |
[16:18] | I’m pretty sure the answer’s not in there. | 我相信你在冰箱里是找不到答案的 |
[16:22] | You’re probably right. | 你说得有道理 |
[16:24] | So, what are we doing to stop what’s going to happen | 我们准备怎么去阻止将要发生在 |
[16:27] | in the Republic of West Africa? | 西非共和国的事 |
[16:30] | Nothing. | 我们什么也不做 |
[16:32] | Because when the President makes a very good case | 因为一旦总统完完整整地解释了 |
[16:35] | for why not to intervene, that is pretty much it. | 不干预的理由 这事基本就没戏了 |
[16:42] | Do you remember in the fifth grade | 你记不记得五年级时 |
[16:44] | when I almost quit that school backpacking trip | 我差点就不去参加学校旅行了 |
[16:46] | because I was afraid of heights, | 因为我怕高 |
[16:47] | and I really didn’t want to go rock-climbing? | 我真的不想去攀岩 |
[16:49] | You would be amazed how much parents block out. | 你一定想不到有多少事爸妈记不清 |
[16:52] | And do you remember what you said to me | 那你记得我慌乱地打你电话时 |
[16:53] | when I called you in a panic? | 你说了什么吗 |
[16:55] | No, but I feel like I’m about to be embarrassed. | 不记得了 但我估计你要说出来让我难堪了 |
[16:57] | You said, “Honey, you are the descendent | 你说 “亲爱的 你是弗吉尼亚州 |
[17:01] | “of some of the greatest heroes and scoundrels | “所见过的最著名的 |
[17:03] | “that the Commonwealth of Virginia has ever seen.” | “英雄与恶棍的后代” |
[17:08] | “If you’ve got one thing | “要说你血液中 |
[17:09] | “running through your veins, it’s guts. | “流淌的唯一一种品质 那就是胆量 |
[17:12] | “Now, don’t call me back | “你没到达山顶之前 |
[17:14] | “until you’re at the top of that mountain, little girl.” | “别再打电话给我 小姑娘” |
[17:16] | I actually said that? | 我真的那么说了吗 |
[17:17] | Yup. | 没错 |
[17:18] | Oh, what a pain in the ass I am. | 我真是个烦人的家伙 |
[17:21] | And why did I sound like Dolly Parton? | 而且你为什么用多莉·帕顿的声音模仿我 |
[17:26] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[17:28] | I got to the top of the mountain though. | 不过最终我爬上了山顶 |
[17:32] | Bet you did. | 我想也是 |
[17:35] | You’ll think of something, mom. | 你会想到办法的 妈妈 |
[17:39] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[17:41] | Good night, baby. | 晚安 宝贝 |
[18:02] | That is great news. | 真是太棒了 |
[18:05] | Yeah, keep me posted. | 好的 随时通知我 |
[18:07] | Thanks again, buddy. All right, bye. | 再次谢谢你 伙计 好的 再见 |
[18:09] | The Washington Chronicle is into the story. | 《华盛顿纪实》对这个故事有兴趣 |
[18:11] | They’re putting a couple reporters on it. | 他们准备派两位记者来负责这篇报道 |
[18:13] | It should run in a day or two. | 一两天内应该就能出版 |
[18:14] | Ah, that’s good news, indeed. | 这的确是好消息 |
[18:15] | But we may be running out of time for an article | 但是在报纸刊登后再得到援助时 |
[18:18] | in a newspaper to be of much help. | 我们可能已经没时间了 |
[18:20] | Oh, speaking of time, um… | 说到时间 |
[18:22] | Yeah, Elizabeth’s speech is on. | 伊丽莎白的演讲开始了 |
[18:25] | The United States will continue to work | 美国将一如既往地 |
[18:28] | with our friends and partners | 就众多问题与世界各国的 |
[18:29] | around the world on a host of issues. | 朋友展开合作 |
[18:32] | This is good. | 说得真好 |
[18:33] | The challenges we face are… | 我们面对的挑战 |
[18:34] | This is poetry, is what this is. | 简直就是首诗 真的 |
[18:38] | But we can take heart | 我们应该鼓起勇气 |
[18:40] | that just as our forebears had the courage | 正如我们祖先也能英勇地 |
[18:43] | to confront the issues of their day, so we, too… | 面对他们那个年代的各种问题 我们也… |
[18:51] | What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[18:54] | So we, too, can | 我们 也… 能… |
[18:57] | confront the great moral issues of our time, | 面对我们今天的巨大的道德难题 |
[19:01] | if only we can find… | 只要我们能鼓起… |
[19:07] | If… | 只要 |
[19:11] | If only we can find the guts. | 只要我们能壮起胆子 |
[19:13] | Guts? | 胆子 |
[19:14] | Oh, God, she’s going off book. | 上帝啊 她不按稿子来了 |
[19:16] | Esteemed colleagues, | 尊敬的各位同僚 |
[19:17] | the United States has learned | 美国了解到 |
[19:18] | that a vast number of people | 西非共和国的大量人民 |
[19:20] | from the Republic of West Africa are in grave danger. | 正在遭受致命的威胁 |
[19:24] | The new regime of that nation, | 该国的新政权 |
[19:27] | in its hatred of modern education, | 憎恶现代教育 |
[19:30] | women’s rights | 蔑视妇女 |
[19:32] | and the rights of ethnic minorities, | 及少数民族的权益 |
[19:34] | plans to lash out | 他们正准备 |
[19:35] | violently against all of those cherished principles. | 以暴力手段践踏这些广为珍视的原则 |
[19:39] | That’s my wife. | 这就是我老婆 |
[19:41] | That’s my wife. | 这就是我老婆 |
[19:43] | …they plan to terrorize and murder. | 他们将实行恐怖统治并实施屠杀 |
[19:47] | It is thousands of innocent men, | 这关系到成千上万无辜的男人 |
[19:50] | women and children. | 女人 和儿童 |
[19:53] | Father Laurent Adisa, | 洛朗·阿迪萨神父 |
[19:55] | whose charity is sheltering many of the displaced… | 他的慈善机构正保护着许多流离失所的人 |
[19:58] | This isn’t happening. | 怎么会这样 |
[19:58] | Daisy, Matt, get ready to issue | 戴西 马特 准备发表声明 |
[20:00] | a statement walking all of this back. | 收回这一切言论 |
[20:02] | On it. | 好的 |
[20:03] | Why? She’s just gonna say whatever she wants anyway. | 为什么 反正她到时候也会想说什么说什么 |
[20:05] | Matt. | 马特 |
[20:05] | …thousands of peoples’ desperate prayers. | 成千上万人的祷告 |
[20:09] | Well, now that we have heard those prayers, | 现在我们听到了这些祷告 |
[20:12] | do we have the courage to answer them? | 我们是否有勇气做出回应 |
[20:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[20:23] | …the United States Secretary of State in her first major… | …美国国务卿在她第一次重要… |
[20:26] | For the record, I didn’t know that was coming. | 郑重声明 我对此完全不知情 |
[20:32] | At a speech at the World Affairs Committee, | 在世界事务委员会的一次演讲中 |
[20:33] | U.S. Secretary… | 美国国务卿 |
[20:35] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[20:37] | White House loved the speech. | 白宫爱死这次演讲了 |
[20:39] | Russell Jackson has already texted several times. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊已经发了很多条信息了 |
[20:42] | Lots of smiley faces? | 发了很多笑脸表情吗 |
[20:46] | I’m in big trouble, I know. | 我有大麻烦了 我知道 |
[20:47] | But at least now, | 但至少现在 |
[20:48] | no one can say they didn’t know it was going on. | 没人能说自己不知道这事了 |
[20:49] | Does the speech reflect an official change in policy? | 演讲体现了官方政策的转变吗 |
[20:52] | No, but maybe we lit a fire | 不是 但也许能 |
[20:54] | under the African Union and the French. | 促使非洲联盟和法国行动起来 |
[20:56] | You think they’ve got the will or resources | 你觉得他们有掺和这事的 |
[20:58] | to pull this off? | 意愿和资源吗 |
[20:59] | Honestly, | 说实话 |
[21:00] | that was a Hail Mary. | 只有天知道 |
[21:01] | So, let’s see if anyone caught it | 趁我们还没被开除 |
[21:03] | while we still have jobs. | 快看看各方反应吧 |
[21:06] | Well, at least she doesn’t seem flip. | 怎么她好像不是在开玩笑 |
[21:09] | Madame l’Ambassadeur? | 大使女士 |
[21:17] | I was quite impressed with your speech, Elizabeth. | 你的演讲让我印象深刻 伊丽莎白 |
[21:20] | How impressed? | 有多深刻 |
[21:22] | Perhaps it would be possible | 也许我们可以 |
[21:24] | for us to lend a little support. | 提供一点支援 |
[21:26] | Air support? | 空中支援吗 |
[21:27] | Assuming, of course, that your speech is indicative | 当然了 前提是你的演讲 |
[21:31] | of an American willingness to act… | 确实是美国愿意行动的信号 |
[21:34] | I’m working on it. | 我正在为此努力 |
[21:35] | Uh, oui. Bonne chance, Madame la Secretaire. | 是吗 祝你好运 国务卿女士 |
[21:39] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[21:41] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在干什么 |
[21:43] | You do? | 是吗 |
[21:45] | Do I look like an idiot? | 我看起来像个傻瓜吗 |
[21:47] | No, no. | 不 不像 |
[21:48] | You are so relentlessly intelligent. | 你是如此的坚忍和睿智 |
[21:52] | She’s telling you to keep me out of the loop | 她要你把我从某些事务的决定层中 |
[21:53] | on certain decisions, | 剔除出去 |
[21:55] | and you’re being a good soldier and taking the heat. | 你很忠诚 甘愿因此被我责罚 |
[22:00] | Blake, | 布莱克 |
[22:00] | I’m a petite woman, | 我内心里是个柔弱女子 |
[22:02] | and I’ve had a flute and a half of champagne, | 我今天又喝了这么多香槟酒 |
[22:04] | so I’m going to be honest with you. | 所以我要对你说实话 |
[22:08] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[22:09] | I can understand why the secretary might not | 我能理解为什么国务卿 |
[22:12] | trust me completely. | 不能完全信任我 |
[22:15] | But I can also tell you | 但我也要告诉你 |
[22:18] | with s-some certainty | 我有一定自信 |
[22:21] | that I am extremely good | 我在工作上 |
[22:25] | at my job. | 非常出色 |
[22:26] | Oh, I agree with you. | 我同意 |
[22:27] | I don’t need your agreement. | 我不需要你的同意 |
[22:31] | And do you know what else I have in spades? | 知道我还有什么好品质吗 |
[22:34] | A sense of duty. | 责任感 |
[22:36] | I have a duty to this nation, | 我对这个国家 这个部门 |
[22:39] | to the department, and believe it or not, | 有责任感 也许你不信 |
[22:42] | to that incredibly… | 我对那位非常… |
[22:47] | …challenging woman over there. | 非常难搞定的女人也负有责任感 |
[22:57] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[22:59] | I found your speech most distressing. | 你的演讲让我十分困扰 |
[23:01] | I’m very pleased to hear that. | 很高兴听到你这么说 |
[23:04] | But if America had the guts to take action, | 但如果美国有胆量采取行动 |
[23:07] | you would not have needed to make the speech. | 你根本就不必做那个演讲了 |
[23:09] | N’est-ce pas? | 不是吗 |
[23:17] | Honey, are you awake? | 亲爱的 你还醒着吗 |
[23:18] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[23:19] | I can’t sleep, either. | 我也睡不着 |
[23:21] | You know, I’ve been banging on the African Union, | 我一直在和非盟谈 |
[23:23] | I think I can get them to commit ground troops | 我觉得如果法国愿意提供空军支持的话 |
[23:25] | if the French will kick in air power. | 我能说服他们提供陆军支持 |
[23:28] | Which they’ll only do if… | 但只有我们也参与进去 |
[23:30] | we have some skin in the game, too. | 他们才会支持 |
[23:33] | You were sleeping. Am I keeping you up? | 你刚才睡着了 是我吵醒你了吗 |
[23:35] | No, I’m here. I’m right here. | 没有 我一直陪着你呢 |
[23:36] | Good, because let’s not forget who started this whole thing. | 那就好 别忘了是谁挑起这整件事的 |
[23:41] | Uh, I want to give you credit and say the Junta, but… | 我本想回答 是军政府挑起的 |
[23:44] | I think you mean me. | 但我意识到你说的是我 |
[23:50] | And believe me, I will never forget what you did. | 相信我 我永远不会忘记你的付出 |
[23:54] | Neither will Laurent. | 洛朗也不会的 |
[23:56] | It was incredibly brave. | 真是太勇敢了 |
[24:01] | I’ve had a flurry of testy exchanges with Russell Jackson. | 我和拉塞尔·杰克逊激烈争执好几次了 |
[24:06] | I can’t get POTUS to return my phone call, | 总统也没回我电话 |
[24:08] | which only means that Russell’s gotten into his head, | 这只能说明总统相信了拉塞尔 |
[24:12] | and they’re… holed up somewhere | 而他们正藏在某个地方 |
[24:15] | deciding who’s gonna replace me. | 秘密决定该让谁来取代我 |
[24:16] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[24:19] | Which I didn’t think was gonna happen quite this fast. | 可我没想到他们动作会这么快 |
[24:21] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[24:26] | I’ve been summoned to the White House. | 他们传召我去白宫 |
[24:35] | Good evening, Russell. | 晚上好 拉塞尔 |
[24:39] | I have something to say | 我有些话想对你说 |
[24:40] | that the President thought you should hear in person. | 而总统觉得应该当面跟你说 |
[24:44] | I’m sure it gives you no pleasure to say it. | 我想你肯定很不愿意说吧 |
[24:47] | That speech of yours… | 你的演讲 |
[24:51] | was reckless, impulsive, damn near insubordinate. | 鲁莽 冲动 违抗上司 |
[24:55] | I’m fully prepared to live with the consequences of my actions. | 我已经准备好承担我的所作所为带来的后果 |
[24:58] | What I couldn’t live with | 我要是无动于衷 |
[24:59] | were the consequences of my inactions. | 我自己才是真的忍受不了 |
[25:01] | Excuse me, did I say I brought you here so you could talk? | 抱歉 我有说过你可以说话吗 |
[25:04] | Excuse me, but I’m the Secretary of State, | 抱歉 但我可是国务卿 |
[25:07] | and you’ll speak to me with the respect | 而你和我说话时应该表现出 |
[25:08] | that that office demands. | 应有的尊重 |
[25:10] | For now, you are. | 你暂时还是国务卿 |
[25:12] | You want to condescend to me? | 你是不想尊重我吗 |
[25:13] | Fine. You have to fire me first. | 也行 那你得先解雇了我 |
[25:15] | So if that’s the message that you were dispatched to deliver, | 如果这就是总统让你传达的意思 |
[25:18] | just get on with it. | 那你就继续吧 |
[25:20] | Let’s go. | 说吧 |
[25:22] | You know what pisses me off the most? | 你知道最让我生气的是什么吗 |
[25:25] | The speech worked. | 你的演讲奏效了 |
[25:27] | The President thinks you’re right. | 总统觉得你做得对 |
[25:29] | So here’s the offer. | 条件是这样的 |
[25:32] | Ground troops are still out. | 不提供陆军支持 |
[25:34] | So is air support. | 也不提供空军支持 |
[25:37] | Logistics, then? | 那物资呢 |
[25:38] | Radar, satellites, a few C-130s. | 雷达 卫星 一些C-130运输机 |
[25:41] | We’re not offering the Invasion of Normandy here. | 我们可不是要进行诺曼底登陆 |
[25:44] | But that should be enough to get the French to commit air power. | 但这样足以让法国提供空军支持了 |
[25:50] | Thank you, Russell. | 谢谢你 拉塞尔 |
[25:51] | Don’t thank me. | 别谢我 |
[25:54] | I wanted us to have the other talk tonight. | 我还想今晚真的能把你开除呢 |
[25:59] | Okay. Merci. | 好的 谢谢 |
[26:02] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[26:04] | Just got off the phone with the French. | 我刚和法方通完话 |
[26:05] | They’re in for air support. | 他们愿意提供空军支持 |
[26:07] | Then the African Union can assemble a quick-reaction force | 这样非盟就可以主要从布隆迪和坦桑尼亚 |
[26:09] | with troops mostly from Burundi and Tanzania | 的军队中集结一支能部署到西非共和国的 |
[26:11] | that can deploy into the RWA. | 快速反应部队 |
[26:12] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[26:13] | Nadine, get the Sec Def’s office on the phone. | 纳丁 打给国防部长办公室 |
[26:16] | Tell him the coalition’s a go. | 告诉他联盟已经说定了 |
[26:17] | He can start sending logistical assets | 他可以立即向该区域 |
[26:19] | into the region right away. | 投放物资了 |
[26:20] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[26:24] | So what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[26:25] | My guys dug up something on your priest. | 关于你那个牧师 我的人查出来些东西 |
[26:28] | It ain’t good. | 不太妙 |
[26:29] | Daisy, turn that up, will you? | 戴西 声音调大点 谢谢 |
[26:34] | Does this growing consensus for action in your country | 越来越多的人们对在你国家采取行动达成了共识 |
[26:37] | perhaps owe a debt to you? | 这是否归功于你呢 |
[26:39] | It’s just the opposite. | 正好相反 |
[26:40] | Of course, we who are in the RWA, | 当然了 我们西非共和国的人民 |
[26:43] | we owe a debt to Secretary McCord. | 我们欠国务卿麦考德一个人情 |
[26:45] | Guy’s pretty smooth for his first time on cable news. | 作为第一次上有线新闻的人 他可真圆滑 |
[26:54] | Madam Secretary, sorry to interrupt. | 国务卿女士 抱歉打扰您 |
[26:56] | – Uh, apparently, your husband is in the building. – Bad news. | -您的丈夫来了 -坏消息 |
[26:59] | Wh-What is it? | 怎么了 |
[27:00] | Father Adisa, what do you say | 阿迪萨神父 近来有人指控 |
[27:01] | to the recently uncovered allegations | 您的慈善机构 |
[27:03] | that your charity has been involved in the | 涉嫌跨国走私毒品 |
[27:05] | smuggling of drugs across international borders | 而走私毒品的人正是您称之为难民的人 |
[27:07] | by the very people you have deemed refugees? | 对于此事 您怎么看 |
[27:10] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[27:11] | My friend down at The Chronicle says | 我在《华盛顿纪实》的朋友说 |
[27:12] | the Mexican cartels have been smuggling drugs into Europe | 墨西哥贩毒集团一直经由非洲 |
[27:15] | overland through Africa. | 通过陆路走私毒品到欧洲 |
[27:17] | And apparently, Laurent is involved. | 显然 洛朗也参与其中了 |
[27:21] | I wanted to tell you in person. | 我本想亲自告诉你的 |
[27:22] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[27:26] | The White House is on the line. | 白宫来电 |
[27:31] | Course they are — because I just tied | 当然了 因为我刚将一个毒贩子 |
[27:33] | the President of the United States to a drug dealer. | 和美国总统绑在了一起 |
[27:44] | How the hell did your people not vet Adisa | 你的人怎么会不先调查阿迪萨一番 |
[27:46] | before you hijacked our speech to gush about him?! | 就借由演讲对他大加赞扬 |
[27:49] | I sprung Adisa on them; that was my screwup. | 提及阿迪萨是我临时的决定 是我搞砸了 |
[27:51] | Oh, for once, an understatement. | 难得你这么轻描淡写 |
[27:54] | The guy helps criminal organizations mule cocaine into Europe! | 那人帮助犯罪团体向欧洲走私可卡因 |
[28:00] | There’s more bad news, Sir, | 还有更坏的消息 总统 |
[28:01] | the French have rescinded their offer of air support. | 法国人不再提供空中支援了 |
[28:04] | That’s a hell of a coalition you’ve built us, Elizabeth. | 这就是你搞的所谓联盟 伊丽莎白 |
[28:06] | Illegal immigration and drugs are hot-button issues in France. | 非法移民和贩毒在法国是最为敏感的问题 |
[28:10] | They feel that an intervention tied to a man tainted by both | 他们觉得跟与这两个问题都有牵涉的人扯上关系 |
[28:14] | would not go over well with their public. | 会很难向他们的民众交代 |
[28:15] | It’s called politics. | 这就叫政治 |
[28:17] | You might want to read up on it. | 你应该好好学学了 |
[28:19] | If you’ve got a next move, Bess, I’d love to hear about it. | 如果你有对策的话 贝丝 我想听听 |
[28:22] | I think there’s only one way to salvage this crisis. | 我觉得只有一个办法能化解这次危机 |
[28:25] | Oh, I swear to God, if you say “air support” right now… | 我发誓 要是你说”空中支援”的话 |
[28:27] | Tens of thousands of people are going to die… | 就因为这个牧师的犯罪行为 |
[28:31] | and we back away because some dirty priest | 让我们在媒体面前出丑 我们就退缩 |
[28:33] | made us look dumb for a news cycle or two? | 然后造成成千上万的人死亡吗 |
[28:36] | Is that leadership? | 这还叫领导吗 |
[28:38] | We save those people, at no loss of American life, | 我们可以在不牺牲美国人的前提下拯救他们 |
[28:41] | because we’re only sending in a squadron of F-15s | 因为我们只是派出一队F-15战斗机 |
[28:44] | that the Junta doesn’t have the missiles to shoot down, | 军政府也没有导弹能打下来 |
[28:47] | and we win that news cycle | 这样我们就能赢得媒体的赞誉 |
[28:49] | because we’re heroes. | 因为我们是英雄 |
[28:50] | Bravo, Elizabeth. | 说得真好 伊丽莎白 |
[28:52] | Another rousing speech. | 又是一番鼓舞人心的讲话 |
[28:54] | But all your feel-good rhetoric won’t matter if this… | 但如果这次并不成熟的干预失败 |
[28:57] | this half-baked intervention | 成为又一次摩加迪沙之战 |
[28:57] | 1993年10月3日至4日 在摩加迪沙发生的 美国军队与索马里武装人员之间的一次战斗 美方战败 | |
[28:59] | goes south and turns into Mogadishu. | 那么你的这些华丽辞藻也无济于事 |
[29:03] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[29:05] | you will own that. | 责任最后都在您身上 |
[29:08] | And if 50,000 people are slaughtered while I sit on my hands… | 如果我任职期间有五万人被屠杀 |
[29:14] | that I will own to my grave. | 那个责任我也承担不起 |
[29:18] | No more screwups. | 别再搞砸了 |
[29:20] | Stay on top of every detail. | 每个细节都要监管好 |
[29:25] | We’re off the priest. | 我们不靠那位牧师 |
[29:26] | We’re off the French. | 也不靠法国人 |
[29:27] | But the intervention’s on. | 但是干预还是会进行 |
[29:28] | I feel dizzy. | 我都搞糊涂了 |
[29:29] | Lives hang in the balance, dude. | 很多人命悬一线啊 伙计 |
[29:31] | Dizzy but focused. | 虽然糊涂但精神集中 |
[29:32] | Okay, how’s this? “While the United States | 这么说怎么样 “尽管美国 |
[29:34] | “is deeply concerned over the allegations | “对于有关阿迪萨神父的指控 |
[29:35] | “against Father Adisa, we are unwavering | “感到十分忧虑 但我们会 |
[29:37] | “in our dedication to preserve the safety of the Beko people.” | “坚定不移地保护贝科人民的安全” |
[29:41] | Now, the next part’s tricky. | 下一段就比较难写了 |
[29:42] | “Therefore, | “因此 |
[29:43] | “we will provide the African Union force | “我们会向非盟部队 |
[29:45] | “both logistical and air support | “提供物资以及空中支援 |
[29:47] | “while continuing to seek out a peaceful resolution | “同时我们也会继续寻求解决这一危机的 |
[29:50] | “to this crisis.” Boom! | “和平方案” 搞定 |
[29:52] | Want to grab lunch? | 去吃午饭吧 |
[29:53] | I have to go brief the gaggle. | 我得去跟大伙说一下 |
[29:54] | You know, when you say that, | 你这么说的时候 |
[29:54] | it’s like you’re saying you got to feed the baby, | 就像是在说你要去喂宝宝 |
[29:56] | but the baby’s actually 30 pasty journalists. | 可这个宝宝其实是三十个脸色惨白的记者 |
[30:01] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[30:02] | African Union troops have crossed the border from Cameroon | 非盟部队今日从喀麦隆越过边境 |
[30:04] | into the Republic of West Africa today. | 进入了西非共和国 |
[30:07] | They hope to traverse the lawless, warlord-dominated | 他们希望能及时穿越这个军阀统治下 |
[30:10] | northern region in time to prevent | 毫无法制的北部 |
[30:11] | what American Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord is calling | 从而阻止美国国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德所说的 |
[30:15] | an imminent genocide in the country’s heartland. | 在这个国家腹地即将发生的种族大屠杀 |
[30:18] | World’s attention focused on the people of… | 全世界的目光都集中于… |
[30:22] | You know, I remember your first seminar. | 我还记得你的第一次研讨班 |
[30:25] | “Living Faith”. | “生活的信仰” |
[30:29] | You showed us slides of that AIDS hospice that you built. | 你向我们展示了你建的艾滋病人收容所的幻灯片 |
[30:33] | At a time when most people | 而那时大多数人 |
[30:35] | wouldn’t even go near someone who was sick. | 都不愿意靠近染病的人 |
[30:37] | I thought, | 于是我就想 |
[30:39] | yeah, yeah, this is the teacher I’ve been looking for. | 没错 这就是我要找的老师 |
[30:43] | This guy. | 这个人 |
[30:44] | The real deal. | 就是他了 |
[30:46] | And now? | 而现在呢 |
[30:47] | You deceived me. | 你骗了我 |
[30:48] | You compromised my wife’s integrity. | 损害了我妻子的信誉 |
[30:51] | What choice did I have? | 我还有什么选择 |
[30:52] | How about the truth? | 说实话不行吗 |
[30:55] | You really think I’d turn a blind eye to genocide? | 你真的觉得我会对种族大屠杀视而不见吗 |
[30:57] | So, now… knowing the truth, | 那现在 你知道了真相 |
[31:01] | would you still have gone straight to Elizabeth? | 你还会去找伊丽莎白吗 |
[31:03] | What is the truth, by the way? | 顺便问一句 真相是什么 |
[31:05] | You didn’t answer my question. | 你没有回答我的问题 |
[31:06] | You answer mine. | 你先回答我的 |
[31:10] | The truth is that sometimes the only way to insure safe passage | 真相就是 有时为了保证绝望的人能 |
[31:13] | for a desperate person to get to Europe | 安全进入欧洲的唯一办法 |
[31:16] | is to smuggle drugs. | 就是走私毒品 |
[31:18] | That’s “Living faith.” | 这就是”生活的信仰” |
[31:19] | No, that is not what the man who taught that seminar would say. | 不 那个研讨班的教授绝不会这么说的 |
[31:22] | That is exactly what he would say. | 这就是他要说的 |
[31:24] | “Any man among us who seems religious | “若有人自以为虔诚 |
[31:26] | “and bridledth not his tongue, but deceiving his own heart, | “却不克制自己的舌头 反而欺骗自己的心 |
[31:30] | “that man’s religion is vain.” | “这个人的虔诚就是虚妄的” |
[31:32] | Do you have any idea how many pockets that I lined | 你知道我为了建那座收容所 |
[31:36] | in order to get that hospice built? | 盗用了多少钱吗 |
[31:38] | Yes, I-I dealt with warlords, | 是的 我跟军阀做交易 |
[31:40] | who-who control the drugs and the guns and the borders. | 他们控制着毒品 枪械还有边境 |
[31:45] | But in this failed state, | 但在这个破败的国家 |
[31:46] | that… is the Lord’s work. | 这就是上帝给我们的任务 |
[31:48] | What about the thousands — the millions of people who will die | 成千上万被毒品和枪支交易 |
[31:52] | because of the drug trade and the gun-running? | 害死的那些人又怎么办 |
[31:55] | Are their lives less valuable? | 他们的命就不值钱吗 |
[31:56] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[31:57] | They, too, need salvation. | 他们也需要救赎 |
[32:01] | But, Henry… | 但是 亨利 |
[32:03] | this is my little patch of darkness. | 这是我唯一能补救的 |
[32:05] | I can only work where I’m put. | 我只能在这种环境下工作 |
[32:08] | You can say whatever you want, | 随你怎么说都行 |
[32:09] | but you’ve crossed the line and you know it. | 但你已经越过底线了 你自己心里清楚 |
[32:11] | I will not apologize for trying to save lives | 我不会为想要挽救生命而道歉的 |
[32:13] | with the-the few tools that I have at my disposal. | 毕竟我的能力有限 |
[32:21] | To answer your question — of course, | 我现在回答你的问题 我当然会的 |
[32:24] | I would have gone to Elizabeth. | 就算如此我也会请求伊丽莎白 |
[32:26] | That’s what true friends do. | 真正的朋友应该如此 |
[32:27] | And that’s what I thought you were. | 我也一直以为我们的友情是真实的 |
[32:30] | I’ll pray for your people and for your family. | 我会为你的国民和家人祈祷 |
[32:35] | But you and I are done. | 但你我之间再无瓜葛了 |
[32:43] | So what’s in this hypothetical envelope | 所以这个无人知道 |
[32:45] | that may or may not be on my desk? | 存在于我桌上的信封里装的是什么 |
[32:47] | A job offer made to Nadine by one Constantine Stahl, | 康斯坦丁·斯托尔给纳丁的工作邀请 |
[32:50] | tendered the very day of the phone call in question. | 就在那通可疑电话当天发出的 |
[32:53] | She… turned it down, obviously. | 她拒绝了 很显然 |
[32:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:56] | As I mentioned, she has a… strong sense of duty. | 我说了 她有很强的责任感 |
[33:00] | Blake, you put too much stock | 布莱克 你太相信 |
[33:02] | in the things people say when they’re tipsy. | 人们说的酒话了 |
[33:04] | Really? | 是吗 |
[33:06] | Where’d you get this? | 你从哪弄到这个的 |
[33:07] | Harvard Assistants’ Mafia. | 哈佛助理团伙 |
[33:10] | Three words you rarely hear strung together. | 三个风马牛不相及的词 |
[33:13] | Yet they constitute a thing. | 但组合在一起是有意义的 |
[33:16] | Nice work. | 干得好 |
[33:18] | Ma’am, the African Union forces have bogged down. | 国务卿 非盟部队陷入困境了 |
[33:21] | Uh, define “bogged down”. | 什么叫陷入困境了 |
[33:23] | They’re inside the RWA, | 他们进入了西非共和国 |
[33:25] | but they haven’t advanced in the last hour. | 但已经迁延不进一个小时了 |
[33:27] | What, did they get a flat tire? | 怎么 他们是爆胎了吗 |
[33:29] | Isn’t the entire point of air support | 空中支援的意义所在 |
[33:31] | to support the troops on the ground from the… air?! | 不就是在空中支援陆地部队吗 |
[33:35] | Our rules of engagement limit the use of air power | 我们的支援协议限定空军 |
[33:39] | to engaging Junta forces only. | 只能用于打击军政府部队 |
[33:41] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[33:42] | – Ma’am. – Ma’am. | -国务卿 -国务卿 |
[33:43] | What is the holdup, Major Hicks? | 为什么迁延不进 希克斯少校 |
[33:45] | Why aren’t the African Union troops moving towards St. Juste? | 非盟部队为什么还没向德圣茹斯特进发 |
[33:48] | Madam Secretary, the African Union forces | 国务卿女士 非盟部队 |
[33:51] | are in a standoff in the northern province of the RWA. | 在西非共和国的北部省与他军对峙 |
[33:55] | Here, 30 miles from the Cameroon border. | 就在这里 距喀麦隆边境近五十公里 |
[33:58] | With whom? | 和谁对峙 |
[33:59] | Most likely the warlords who control the border region. | 应该是控制着边境地区的军阀 |
[34:01] | They’ll never get to the Beko in time. | 他们不可能及时到达贝科了 |
[34:03] | What about air support? | 空中支援呢 |
[34:04] | Can’t we engage with them? | 不能和他们交战吗 |
[34:06] | See? Thank you. | 听到了吗 谢谢你 |
[34:07] | Ma’am, we are concerned that bombing the warlords’ militias | 国务卿 我们担心和军阀交战 |
[34:11] | will turn the population of the north | 将会促使北方居民 |
[34:13] | against the African Union forces, | 和非盟部队对抗 |
[34:15] | and that will exacerbate the situation further. | 这会加快状况恶化 |
[34:18] | The Junta bought these guys off, didn’t they? | 是军政府收买了这些人吧 |
[34:20] | That’s CIA’s working hypothesis. | 中情局认为这是最大的可能性 |
[34:22] | How long until the African Union pull out their troops? | 离非盟撤军还有多久 |
[34:26] | They’re telling us 12 hours. | 他们通知说十二个小时 |
[34:28] | They are concerned that if their forces are encircled, | 他们担心他们的部队被包围 |
[34:31] | they’ll have to shoot their way back to Cameroon. | 那样要想回喀麦隆就必须交战了 |
[34:34] | So we need more troops to beef up the African Union forces. | 所以我们需要增援非盟部队 |
[34:39] | Or we need to cut a deal with these warlords. | 或者和军阀做交易 |
[35:23] | Please ask the Minister to reconsider. | 麻烦请部长三思 |
[35:26] | No, no, I assure you we do not understand, | 不 我向你保证我们无法理解 |
[35:29] | and we will remember his lack of cooperation. | 而且我们会记住他这次的拒绝合作 |
[35:33] | South Africa is definitively out. | 南非共合国正式退出了 |
[35:36] | So is Kenya. | 肯尼亚也是 |
[35:37] | DOD says they’re bogged down fighting al-Shabaab. | 国防部说他们正和索马里青年党对峙 |
[35:39] | Can somebody please get me | 有谁能在这场血雨腥风到来前 |
[35:41] | some troops before this bloodbath begins? | 帮我找到点部队帮忙吗 |
[35:48] | Isabelle, what do you got? | 伊莎贝尔 有什么消息 |
[35:50] | Oh, God. | 天哪 |
[35:53] | All right. | 好的 |
[35:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:56] | CIA tried to use a local intermediary | 中情局派当地的线人 |
[35:58] | to swing a deal with the warlords. | 去和军阀交易 |
[36:01] | Video of his body just went up on YouTube. | 拍有他尸体的视频刚刚发布上YouTube |
[36:06] | I’m-I’m sorry, but we’re out of options. | 抱歉 但我们也无计可施了 |
[36:08] | I refuse to accept that, Jay. | 我拒绝接受这个结论 杰伊 |
[36:10] | There’s literally nobody else to call, Ma’am. | 可是能打的电话都打过了 国务卿 |
[36:20] | We were so close. | 我们差一点就成功了 |
[36:22] | We had troops in-country and… | 军队已经进入了边境 |
[36:25] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:26] | You’re sorry? | 你道什么歉啊 |
[36:28] | I’m gonna spend the rest of my life apologizing | 我才该为把你牵扯进阿迪萨的事 |
[36:30] | for involving you with Adisa. | 而道歉一辈子 |
[36:32] | Don’t. That’s crazy. It’s… | 不要 别这样 |
[36:33] | it’s not like he was lying about what the Junta are doing. | 军政府的所作所为又不是他瞎编的 |
[36:36] | Look, turns out it was practically | 现在看来就只有这件事上 |
[36:37] | the only thing he wasn’t lying about. | 他没有说谎 |
[36:38] | Oh come on, Henry. He was just trying to save his people. | 好了 亨利 他只是想救他的人民 |
[36:41] | We all were. | 我们都是 |
[36:42] | And now the troops can’t get in | 而现在军队无法进入 |
[36:43] | because the warlords have been bought off by the Junta, | 因为军政府买通了军阀 |
[36:45] | and… | 于是 |
[36:47] | that is how 50,000 innocent people get killed. | 五万无辜的平民就要因此丧生了 |
[36:52] | So… you need someone to make the warlords a better offer. | 你需要一个能给军阀更多好处的人 |
[36:58] | I think we know a guy. | 我想我们有这样的人 |
[37:01] | I’m not gonna do the whole | 我没心情跟你说什么 |
[37:02] | “Bless me, Father, for I have sinned” thing, so open up. | “神父保佑 我有罪”的忏悔词 开窗户 |
[37:09] | Plenty of sin to go around, obviously. | 很显然 人都会犯错 |
[37:13] | I didn’t expect to see you again, Henry. | 我没想到会再见 亨利 |
[37:15] | Yeah, me either. | 我也是 |
[37:15] | And nothing has changed. I’m here for Elizabeth. | 我也没改变主意 我是为伊丽莎白来的 |
[37:18] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[37:20] | Look, I need to know if you can make a deal | 我要知道你有没有能力 |
[37:22] | with the warlords in your country. | 和你们国家的军阀交易 |
[37:24] | They let the African Union troops push through to St. Juste. | 让他们放非盟部队进入德圣茹斯特 |
[37:27] | In exchange, they get paid by the U.S. Government, | 作为交换 美国政府会提供报酬 |
[37:29] | indirectly, through you. | 间接报酬 你来当中介 |
[37:31] | Is that something you can make happen quickly? | 这是你能迅速办到的事情吗 |
[37:34] | Well, it has been my experience that, uh, | 我的经验告诉我说 |
[37:36] | those warlords are quite businesslike. | 那些军阀们办事效率相当高呢 |
[37:39] | I’m glad to hear that. So can my wife. | 听到这个我就放心了 我妻子也是 |
[37:40] | And you, too, apparently. | 似乎 你也一样 |
[37:43] | Yes. I’m aware of the irony. | 是的 我听得到你语气中的讽刺 |
[37:46] | Such is the world, Henry. | 世界就是这样 亨利 |
[37:48] | Drowning in blood and irony. | 充满鲜血与讽刺 |
[37:53] | So, now, the Lord has made miracles | 上帝曾通过这个小东西 |
[37:55] | with this blessed little device before. | 创造了奇迹 |
[37:59] | Let’s see if He’s with us today. | 且看今天他是否依然与我们同在 |
[38:23] | African Union? | 非盟的吗 |
[38:24] | African Union? | 你们是非盟的吗 |
[38:43] | ‘Kay, everyone, the African Union forces | 各位 非盟部队 |
[38:45] | have stabilized St. Juste | 已经稳定了德圣茹斯特的局势 |
[38:47] | and they have set up aid stations for the refugees. | 并且为难民们搭建了救助站 |
[38:52] | This has been an incredibly long, tough week. | 本周无比漫长艰辛 |
[38:54] | Thank you all for your hard work. | 谢谢大家的辛苦工作 |
[38:56] | Do something nice for yourselves tonight. | 今晚好好放松一下吧 |
[38:59] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[39:00] | Ambassador Bokassa is downstairs demanding to see you. | 博卡萨大使在楼下 要求说要见你 |
[39:02] | Do you want him sent away? | 要打发他离开吗 |
[39:05] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[39:06] | I am here to officially protest the United States’ | 美国非法且不道义地干涉了我国事物 |
[39:08] | illegal and immoral intervention into our affairs. | 对此我提出正式抗议 |
[39:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[39:12] | Because I was thinking that maybe your bosses back home | 因为在我看来 可能是贵国高层 |
[39:16] | are a little huffy at you for falling down on the job, | 对你工作上的失职有点生气 |
[39:19] | and you’re looking to deal. | 而你想要来做笔交易 |
[39:21] | It is true I have been recalled to the RWA, | 我确实已被召回西非共和国 |
[39:25] | where I may face discipline. | 可能将会收到处罚 |
[39:27] | And, yes, I do know much about the regime there that… | 我也确实对当地的政治体制了若指掌 |
[39:31] | could be very useful to you | 对您来说会很有帮助 |
[39:32] | and that I am willing to share. | 而我愿意同您分享 |
[39:34] | Well, I might have been interested yesterday, | 如果是在昨天 我可能还会感兴趣 |
[39:36] | but today I think I’ll pass. | 但今天还是免了吧 |
[39:39] | You’re very good at this game, Mr. Ambassador. | 这个游戏你很在行 大使先生 |
[39:42] | I’m sure you’ll land on your feet. | 我相信你会化险为夷的 |
[39:44] | As to a deal, | 至于交易 |
[39:46] | well, far be it from us to intervene in your country’s affairs. | 我想还是不要干涉贵国的事物比较好 |
[39:54] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[40:00] | Knock, knock. | 有人在吗 |
[40:02] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[40:04] | Some day, huh? | 难忘的一天吧 |
[40:07] | And how. | 千真万确 |
[40:08] | I was just about to pour myself a scotch to celebrate. | 我正要倒杯威士忌庆祝呢 |
[40:11] | Won’t you care to join me? | 要同我共进一杯吗 |
[40:13] | Sure, why not? | 当然 必须的 |
[40:18] | Nadine, I came to tell you I had you investigated. | 纳丁 我来是想告诉你 我调查了你 |
[40:22] | I figured as much. | 我已经猜到了 |
[40:25] | Lately, when I see Blake, | 近来 布莱克一看到我 |
[40:27] | he shakes like a chihuahua who’s just peed on the carpet. | 就抖得像只尿了地毯的吉娃娃狗 |
[40:35] | So? | 结果呢 |
[40:37] | Well, you’re here, aren’t you? | 你还在这里不是 |
[40:41] | There’s something else, | 还有另一件事 |
[40:42] | something you’re not gonna like very much. | 一件你不太会喜欢的事 |
[40:44] | Having Vincent Marsh investigated next. | 我下一个要调查的是文森特·马什 |
[40:47] | I see. | 明白 |
[40:50] | And why tell me this? | 为什么要告诉我 |
[40:52] | Like I said, you’re here, aren’t you? | 就像我说的 你还在这里不是 |
[40:57] | So, cheers. | 干杯吧 |
[41:01] | To Julius Grossman. | 敬朱利尤斯·格鲁斯曼 |
[41:03] | My mother’s father. | 我的外公 |
[41:05] | He was killed at Auschwitz. | 他死于奥斯威辛[纳粹德国集中营] |
[41:10] | This was a good day at the office, Ma’am. | 今天工作很开心 国务卿 |
[41:24] | Surprise. | 有个惊喜 |
[41:28] | Hello, Henry. | 你好 亨利 |
[41:29] | I’m, uh, on my way to Rome for some, uh, | 我马上就要启程去罗马了 |
[41:32] | disciplinary action, | 前去接受处罚 |
[41:34] | you’ll be glad to know. | 这下你就放心了吧 |
[41:36] | Elizabeth convinced me to come and say good-bye. | 伊丽莎白说服我来向你告别 |
[41:41] | Well, obviously I’m very happy that you brokered that deal, but… | 你为交易牵了线我当然高兴 |
[41:46] | I’m not very interested in salvaging this relationship. | 但我对挽救这段关系不太感兴趣 |
[41:51] | “There’s nothing on this earth more to be prized | “世间最值得被珍重的 |
[41:55] | “than a true friendship.” | “当是真挚的友情” |
[41:58] | – That was Thomas Aquinas… – Yes, I know. | -这句话是托马斯·阿奎那 -我知道 |
[42:03] | Henry, you came to me in my darkest hour, | 亨利 我最艰难的时刻你来到我身边 |
[42:08] | and you were my true friend. | 你是我真正的朋友 |
[42:11] | Please forgive me for not being yours. | 没有真诚地对待你 我很抱歉 |
[42:19] | How are your niece and her children? | 你侄女还有她的孩子们怎么样了 |
[42:20] | Komoyo and Esther and Simon… | 科穆瑶 埃丝特和西蒙 |
[42:23] | they’re doing very well. | 他们都挺好的 |
[42:25] | And along with many others, thanks to you. | 其他的民众也一样 多亏了你 |
[42:28] | Well, thanks to her. | 多亏了她 |
[42:30] | You don’t have to go, you know. | 你不是非得离开的 知道吗 |
[42:34] | I can help you to stay here. | 我可以帮助你留下来 |
[42:35] | That’s very nice of you, but, uh, | 这样说很贴心 但是… |
[42:37] | the church is my life. | 我把生命献给了教会 |
[42:39] | I’m unafraid for whatever comes next. | 我对接下来要面对的无所畏惧 |
[42:43] | After all, uh, wasn’t it, um… | 毕竟 就像… |
[42:45] | Thomas Aquinas who once said | 托马斯·阿奎那曾经说过 |
[42:47] | that a man of God who is not in trouble is not doing his job? | 牧师若没惹上麻烦肯定是没做好本职工作 |
[42:52] | I’m pretty sure he never said anything of the kind. | 我非常确定 他从来没有说过这样的话 |
[42:55] | Well, he should have. | 那他应该要说的 |
[43:02] | Ah, that’s my taxi. | 我的出租车到了 |
[43:04] | Well, au revoir, my friends. | 再见了 我的朋友们 |
[43:08] | Au revoir, Laurent. | 再见 洛朗 |
[43:14] | Take care of yourself. | 务必珍重 |
[43:16] | God bless you both, hmm? | 上帝保佑你们 |
[43:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[43:22] | Don’t be afraid. | 不要怕 |
[43:24] | I’m here, I’m here. | 我在这 我在这 |
[43:26] | Do not be afraid. | 不要怕 |