时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m going with Germany. | 我押德国 |
[00:02] | It’s not the World Cup. You can’t pick Germany. | 又不是世界杯 谁会选德国 |
[00:04] | For the surprise factor. | 让人意想不到嘛 |
[00:05] | Surprising what a bad choice it is? | 意想不到会如此错误吗 |
[00:07] | The first official trip of the Secretary of State | 国务卿的第一次正式出访 |
[00:09] | is loaded with political content. | 非常具政治性 |
[00:11] | The world doesn’t know her yet. | 世界还不了解她 |
[00:12] | This decision speaks to who she is, what she stands for. | 这个决定代表了她的价值观和理念 |
[00:15] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[00:15] | And if she chooses Germany, it looks like | 如果她选德国 看起来 |
[00:17] | she stands for techno and schnitzel. | 就像她崇尚高科技和炸肉排 |
[00:19] | Right. She’s fun. | 对 她就是这么有趣 |
[00:20] | Okay, the Secretary is not…”fun.” | 国务卿女士不能”有趣” |
[00:22] | Turkey is looking like the front-runner. | 土耳其似乎很有可能 |
[00:25] | Turkey? | 土耳其吗 |
[00:26] | It’s neither here nor there. | 两边都不沾吧 |
[00:28] | It’s not fully Europe, not really Asia. | 不算欧洲 也不是亚洲 |
[00:30] | It’s the tofurkey of the Western world. | 就是西方世界的”素鸡” |
[00:32] | Which is ironic, given that it’s Turkey. | 多讽刺 明明还叫土耳其[火鸡] |
[00:34] | Well, my money’s on Egypt. It’s edgy, it’s progressive. | 我押埃及 这国家新潮 正在改革中 |
[00:37] | It’s the gateway for modern Middle Eastern diplomacy. | 是通向当代中东外交的大门 |
[00:40] | I beg you…let me do the writing. | 求你了 写稿子还是让我来吧 |
[00:41] | You know, I nominated Brazil. | 我提名了巴西 |
[00:43] | Seventh largest economy. | 全球第七大经济国 |
[00:45] | They just won the Olympic bid. | 又才赢得奥运会主办权 |
[00:46] | Not to mention they… | 更不用说… |
[00:46] | Not to mention their first-class beaches. | 更不用说那迷人的沙滩 |
[00:49] | What do you even care about beaches? | 你还关心沙滩干嘛 |
[00:51] | You’re ditching us for Nantucket. | 都要甩了我们去楠塔基特岛了 |
[00:52] | It’s a family wedding. | 为了参加家族婚礼 |
[00:53] | Boyfriend’s family wedding. | 男友家的家族婚礼 |
[00:54] | Which is at least one step removed. | 很不一样的好吗 |
[00:55] | It’s bridesmaid, which makes it a family obligation. | 当伴娘 这是家族义务 |
[00:57] | Boyfriend’s family obligation. | 男友家的家族义务 |
[00:59] | Would you two like to be alone? | 需要我们回避吗 |
[01:00] | No. Why would we? | 不 干嘛回避 |
[01:02] | It’s a healthy professional debate. | 不过是正当专业的辩论 |
[01:04] | Oh, good. | 最好 |
[01:05] | Okay. I’ve read your proposals. | 好了 我看了你们的提议 |
[01:08] | I was up all night making a pro and con spreadsheet. | 熬了一通宵做利弊评估表 |
[01:11] | And I nearly flipped a coin. Drumroll, anyone? | 差点都要掷硬币决定了 谁来点鼓声吧 |
[01:20] | We’re going to Turkey. | 我们去土耳其 |
[01:22] | Excellent choice, Madam Secretary. | 明智之选 国务卿女士 |
[01:24] | I won the bet. | 我赢了 |
[01:27] | Pay up, now. | 给钱吧 |
[01:28] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[01:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:32] | That was outrageous. | 真是太可恶了 |
[01:33] | I know. | 是啊 |
[01:34] | Can you believe what a suck-up Scott is? | 斯考特居然这么爱拍马屁 |
[01:36] | I mean, he’s a junior speechwriter. | 他就是个初级撰稿人 |
[01:37] | He should be read and not heard. | 该乖乖写稿少说话 |
[01:39] | I’m talking about you. | 我是在说你 |
[01:40] | Sparring with me like that in front of the staff. | 在同事面前那样跟我斗嘴 |
[01:42] | You sparred back. | 你也回击了 |
[01:44] | Things with Win are serious! | 我跟温是认真的 |
[01:45] | I’m in his sister’s wedding! | 我都去他姐姐的婚礼了 |
[01:46] | That changes the whole dynamic. | 性质就变了好吗 |
[01:48] | And no one can ever know about our past | 不能让人知道我们的过去 |
[01:50] | or it would ruin my life. | 否则我就毁了 |
[01:51] | By our past, | 你说过去 |
[01:52] | are you referring to last week? | 是指上个礼拜吗 |
[01:54] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[01:55] | It never happened. | 从没发生过 |
[01:56] | If you care about me at all, | 如果你关心我 |
[01:58] | you’ll get with the program. | 就认清现实吧 |
[02:03] | It’s a replica of the set that Lady Bird Johnson | 这套是当时伯德·约翰逊夫人 |
[02:06] | had commissioned for the White House. | 订制的白宫茶具复制品 |
[02:09] | It’s a perfect gift. | 完美的礼物选择 |
[02:10] | President Kozlu loves his tea. | 科兹卢总统很喜欢喝茶 |
[02:12] | As much as he loves…Michael Jordan? | 和他对迈克尔·乔丹的喜欢相比呢 |
[02:15] | Well… | 这个嘛… |
[02:15] | Madam Secretary, your lunch date. | 国务卿女士 您的午餐对象到了 |
[02:17] | Ooh! Quick, quick, quick — what says, | 快来 哪个更能表达 |
[02:19] | “Let’s make world peace”? | “我们共创世界和平吧” |
[02:21] | Tiffany tea set or signed Jordan basketball? | 蒂凡尼的茶具还是乔丹签名的篮球 |
[02:25] | Do you want to impress the Turkish president or play house? | 你是想打动土耳其总统还是想过家家 |
[02:28] | Basketball it is. | 那就是篮球了 |
[02:30] | – Very good. – Thanks. | -很好 -谢谢 |
[02:37] | Just think — in two weeks, | 想想看 两周以后 |
[02:38] | 该教堂于1453年由基督教堂变为清真寺 并于1935年正式改建为博物馆 已无宗教意义 | |
[02:38] | we can be doing this at the Hagia Sophia. | 我们就能在圣索菲亚大教堂里这样了 |
[02:41] | Unless, of course, it’s illegal to make out | 除非 在前清真寺里 |
[02:43] | in a former mosque, in which… | 亲热是犯法的 那样的话… |
[02:44] | Oh, yeah, About that. | 对 说到这个 |
[02:45] | Oh, no. What? | 不会吧 什么事 |
[02:46] | My publisher called. They’re moving up | 出版商打电话来了 他们要把 |
[02:47] | – the release date on my book. – You can’t come. | -我的书的出版日期提前 -你不能去了 |
[02:49] | If I’m gonna meet this new deadline, | 我要想赶上新的截稿时间 |
[02:50] | I’ve gotta stay and write. | 就得留在家写书 |
[02:51] | The whole point of this first big trip was that it was gonna | 这整个首次出行的意义就在于 |
[02:54] | be a family educational vacation. | 这是家庭教育假期 |
[02:56] | And everybody’s going. | 大家都去的 |
[02:57] | Not Stevie! | 斯蒂芬就不去 |
[02:58] | Well, Stevie has to work. | 斯蒂芬要工作 |
[02:59] | Well, I have to work. | 我也要呀 |
[03:00] | You can’t write on the trip? | 不能边旅游边写吗 |
[03:01] | – You can write on the… – I’m sorry, I got to stay. | -你可以在… -对不起 我得留下来 |
[03:04] | Ma’am, the White House called. | 国务卿 白宫来电 |
[03:06] | You’ve been summoned to Camp David. | 总统召您去戴维营 |
[03:08] | Motorcade’s waiting outside. | 车队已经等在外面了 |
[03:09] | Oh, fine. | 好吧 |
[03:11] | The leader of the free world trumps lunch? | 总统总是大过午餐的 |
[03:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:15] | It’s okay. You gotta work. | 没事的 你要工作嘛 |
[03:18] | I see what you did there. | 我听懂你的意思了 |
[03:19] | I did. | 懂了哦 |
[03:22] | Hey. So, uh, what did she pick? | 你好 她选了什么 |
[03:24] | I’m drafting remarks for the gift exchange. | 我在为赠礼仪式起草讲话 |
[03:26] | Well, there’s a problem. I’ve just come | 出了点问题 我才从 |
[03:28] | from the Diplomatic Passport Office, | 外交护照办公室回来 |
[03:30] | and your paperwork’s been held back. | 你的文书被拒了 |
[03:33] | What? | 什么 |
[03:33] | Something about a bench warrant | 说你有张拉斯维加斯 |
[03:35] | from a speeding ticket outside of Las Vegas. | 超速罚单的法院传票 |
[03:37] | Oh, I took care of that. | 那事我解决了 |
[03:39] | It was a misunderstanding. | 是个误会 |
[03:40] | It was Jay’s bachelor party. I wasn’t even driving… | 当时是杰伊的单身派对 开车的不是我… |
[03:42] | Please stop talking before I hear something I can’t forget. | 在我毁三观前请别再说了 |
[03:45] | The point is your passport won’t be ready in time. | 重点是 你的护照不能按时办妥 |
[03:48] | So…you won’t be going to Turkey. | 所以 你去不成土耳其了 |
[03:50] | Wait. It’s the Diplomatic Passport Office. | 等等 那是外交护照办公室啊 |
[03:53] | I mean, doesn’t the Secretary of State, | 管他们的不正是 |
[03:54] | like, own them? | 国务院吗 |
[03:55] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[03:56] | She’ll be in good hands. | 我们会照顾好她 |
[03:57] | Scott’s gonna cover for you. | 斯考特会替你的 |
[03:58] | Scott? The new kid? | 斯考特 那个新人吗 |
[04:00] | But-but he’s my deputy. | 但他是我副手 |
[04:02] | And he’s a kid. | 他还嫩着呢 |
[04:03] | Nothing to be done. | 我也无能为力 |
[04:05] | Turkey will miss you. | 土耳其会想你的 |
[04:21] | If only you’d be that quick on the draw for tax cuts. | 要是在减税法案上你动作也有这么快就好了 |
[04:25] | Pull! | 放 |
[04:31] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[04:32] | Glad you could make it. | 很高兴你能赶来 |
[04:34] | You know my friend Ted Graham. | 记得我朋友泰德·格雷姆吧 |
[04:36] | Oh, don’t put her on the spot. | 别让她尴尬了 |
[04:37] | Why would she remember? | 她怎么会记得 |
[04:38] | We met briefly at the inauguration. | 我们在就职典礼上有过一面之缘 |
[04:39] | I do remember. | 我记得 |
[04:41] | You had the expensive seats. | 你那可是个好座位 |
[04:43] | I’ll get right to it, Bess. | 我就直入主题了 贝丝 |
[04:45] | I know I signed off on Turkey | 我知道我赞同了你将土耳其 |
[04:46] | for your first trip, | 作为首次出访的目的地 |
[04:47] | but, uh, tell me, did you consider India? | 不过 告诉我 你有没有考虑过印度 |
[04:50] | Yes. It was a strong candidate. | 考虑过 也是重要的候选地之一 |
[04:52] | But? | 可是呢 |
[04:54] | But I decided to give | 可是我决定 |
[04:56] | Prime Minister Saigal more time in office. | 还是多给赛加尔总理点时间 |
[04:58] | See if he’s still barking anti-Americanisms | 看他不再是印度伟大的民族希望时 |
[05:00] | when he’s not running as India’s great nationalist hope. | 是否还会叫嚣着宣扬反美情绪 |
[05:03] | Yeah, but you see, that’s the reason to go. | 没错 可你看 这正是应当去的理由 |
[05:05] | If you get in early, | 你要是早去了 |
[05:06] | you establish a rapport. | 就能建立良好关系 |
[05:08] | Ted here is, uh, an early adopter | 说到印度方面 |
[05:11] | when it comes to India. | 泰德算是先驱了 |
[05:11] | Well, my company Hepanza Chemical has a couple | 我的企业赫潘扎化工 |
[05:14] | of garment dye factories in Uttar Pradesh. | 在北方邦有几座成衣染色工厂 |
[05:17] | So, you must be thrilled by Prime Minister Saigal’s vow | 那赛加尔总理宣誓时说要振兴 |
[05:21] | to ramp up India’s native manufacturing. | 印度本土制造业 你一定很高兴吧 |
[05:23] | Ventures like Hepanza | 像赫潘扎这样的企业 |
[05:24] | are crucial to U.S. economic stake in India. | 对美国在印经济利益至关重要 |
[05:26] | Right now, they’re under fire. | 而现在 他们受到了威胁 |
[05:27] | That’s where you come in. | 所以就想到了你 |
[05:28] | Because a visit from you, | 因为你的出访 |
[05:29] | especially on your maiden diplomatic voyage, | 特别是这样一次外交首航 |
[05:32] | emphasizing a balanced and a fair partnership… | 强调平衡与公平的合作关系… |
[05:35] | It’d go a long way to reassure Saigal | 这能使赛加尔重拾信心 说服他 |
[05:36] | that the U.S. is a friend to work with, | 美国是值得合作的朋友 |
[05:38] | not some big brother to outdo. | 而非要赶超的对手 |
[05:41] | Of course, it’s up to you. | 当然 决定权在你 |
[05:43] | Of course, Sir. | 当然了 总统 |
[05:52] | Orange blouse… | 橘色衬衫 |
[05:53] | yea or nay? | 行不行 |
[05:55] | Well, in India, saffron is an auspicious color. | 在印度 橘黄色是幸运色 |
[06:00] | At least according to Daisy’s Cultural Color Protocol | 至少根据戴西给的《文化颜色外交礼仪 |
[06:04] | Psychology packet. | 心理学全知道》上说 |
[06:06] | – Still unclear. – Yea. | -还是没懂 -行 |
[06:07] | I could use some auspiciousness. | 我是需要些好运 |
[06:09] | How do you feel about the President | 总统改变你的行程 |
[06:10] | rerouting your trip? | 你怎么想 |
[06:11] | I serve at the pleasure. | 我为总统服务 |
[06:13] | I’ve chosen to feel fine about it. | 只能选择感觉良好 |
[06:14] | We’re going to the Taj Mahal, right? I assumed yes, | 我们会去泰姬陵 对吧 我猜是的 |
[06:17] | but you never said, so… | 不过你没说过 所以… |
[06:18] | We’re going to the Taj Mahal. | 我们会去泰姬陵 |
[06:19] | Oh yes! This makes the whole disruption | 太棒了 我以前的生活被打乱 |
[06:21] | of my former life worth it. | 都值了 |
[06:23] | Glad I finally came through. | 真高兴我终于为你做了点什么 |
[06:24] | What about you, buddy? Have you packed yet? | 你呢 伙计 收拾好行李了吗 |
[06:26] | Uh, I have an extra battery | 要说行李的话 |
[06:29] | if that’s what you mean. | 我准备了块备用电池 |
[06:29] | That’s good. | 真好啊 |
[06:30] | Yeah, that way this whole cultural experience | 这样一来这趟文化之旅 |
[06:32] | won’t be lost on you. He’s… | 对你来说还有意义吗 他… |
[06:33] | Please come, Henry. | 一起去吧 亨利 |
[06:36] | You can write in my office. | 你可以在我办公室写稿 |
[06:38] | On my plane. | 在我飞机上 |
[06:40] | Did I mention that I have an office? | 我有说过我有间办公室吗 |
[06:42] | On my plane? | 在我飞机上哦 |
[06:43] | Believe me, if I thought I could spare one minute | 相信我 要是我觉得自己能离开档案馆 |
[06:46] | away from the archives, I would so come. | 哪怕一刻 我都会跟你去的 |
[06:47] | But I’m gonna be researching 24-7, | 但我要全天不休地去搞研究 |
[06:49] | I’ll be surrounded by these smelly parchments, | 把自己埋在难闻的羊皮纸里 |
[06:51] | I mean, imitating the monks I’m writing about. | 效仿我写的那群修道士 |
[06:53] | Don’t worry. I’ll make sure he’s groomed | 别担心 在你回来前 |
[06:55] | by the time you get back. | 我会给他梳洗打扮好的 |
[06:57] | Does this make my complexion look weird? | 这件会不会让我肤色看起来很奇怪 |
[06:59] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[07:00] | Like you have liver disease. | 就跟有肝病似的 |
[07:01] | Trust your own color wheel. | 要相信你自己的颜色审美 |
[07:03] | That’s true. It’s gotten me this far. | 没错 我那审美都让我走到今天了 |
[07:07] | Declan? Hi! | 德克兰 |
[07:08] | Can you cover for me? | 能帮我打个掩护吗 |
[07:09] | I overslept. I know. | 我睡过头了 我知道 |
[07:11] | I was hanging out really late last night with my mom. | 昨晚我跟我妈弄到很晚 |
[07:14] | Uh, because she, she left for India this morning. | 因为她 她今早去印度了 |
[07:17] | Um, yeah, because she travels for a living. | 没错 因为她以旅游为生计 |
[07:20] | Can we just do the backstory later? | 能晚点再说这些背景故事吗 |
[07:21] | Can you just tell the manager I’m in the bathroom? | 你能不能跟经理说我在洗手间 |
[07:23] | Okay, ’cause I-I’m almost there. | 好 我就快到了 |
[07:51] | Excuse me. That’s my daughter. | 失陪一下 那是我女儿 |
[08:02] | Hey! Where you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[08:04] | Stevie, stop! | 斯蒂芬 站住 |
[08:08] | Hey. I didn’t expect | 我刚没想到 |
[08:10] | to see you just then. I thought you’d be at work. | 会看到你 我以为你在上班呢 |
[08:11] | Yeah, I could say the same for you. | 是啊 我也想这么跟你说 |
[08:13] | Who’s that woman? | 那女人是谁 |
[08:16] | She’s a former grad student of mine. | 她是我以前的研究生 |
[08:19] | I needed some help with the chapter | 我正在写关于修道士传统的章节 |
[08:20] | I’m doing on cenobitic tradition, and I called her. | 需要些帮助 所以就打电话叫她来了 |
[08:23] | She’s doing her dissertation on it at Catholic U. | 她正在天主教大学做这方面的论文 |
[08:25] | A grad student? | 研究生 |
[08:26] | One who I’m being incredibly rude to right now. | 而且我现在这样非常失礼 |
[08:28] | We were in the middle of a highly charged | 我们正在高度紧张地讨论着 |
[08:30] | discussion on transubstantiation. | 圣餐的变体 |
[08:32] | Come meet her… | 来见见她吧… |
[08:33] | if you want to. | 你要是想的话 |
[08:35] | No, I’m already late for work. | 不 我已经迟到了 |
[08:38] | Just don’t get fired, please. | 拜托你别被炒了 |
[08:40] | Your mother will blame me. | 你妈妈会怪我的 |
[08:42] | – Okay. Bye. – Okay. | -好 拜拜 -好 |
[08:45] | – I’ll see you tonight? – Yeah. | -晚上见 -好 |
[09:06] | 印度 北方邦 赫潘扎化工厂 | |
[09:07] | And so, it’s only fitting that I share the honor | 赫潘扎化工新厂的洗礼仪式 |
[09:09] | of christening Hepanza Chemical’s newest plant | 我们有此殊荣请到了 |
[09:13] | with Secretary Elizabeth McCord | 国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[09:16] | and the Minister of External Affairs… | 和外交部长 |
[09:18] | Chondita Samant. | 崇蒂塔·萨曼特 |
[09:21] | Thank you, ladies. | 谢谢 女士们 |
[09:25] | Thank you, Ted. | 谢谢你 泰德 |
[09:27] | Minister Samant. | 萨曼特部长 |
[09:29] | As we bear witness to this plant, | 我们见证了这座工厂 |
[09:32] | this feat of Indo-American cooperation, | 印美合作的结晶的诞辰 |
[09:35] | we hope it will be the delta | 我们希望这将会成为 |
[09:36] | of a renewed friendship… | 我们再续友谊的三角洲 |
[09:38] | Remind me when it became our job | 什么时候给赫潘扎打广告 |
[09:39] | to do a Hepanza infomercial? | 也成了我们的职责了 |
[09:41] | It’s our job to execute the President’s foreign policy, | 我们的职责是执行总统的外交政策 |
[09:44] | whether we like it or not. | 无论赞成与否 |
[09:45] | The plant visit was his idea. | 这次工厂之行就是他的意思 |
[09:47] | Let the hallowed waters of the Ganges do | 让恒河的圣水 |
[09:49] | the same for us | 也为我们效力 |
[09:51] | so both our nations can become… | 让我们两国成为 |
[09:55] | “partners in profits”, | “共益伙伴” |
[09:57] | to borrow Ted’s phrase. | 借用泰德的话说 |
[09:59] | Oof. Can we give it back? | 这句话我们能还给他吗 |
[10:00] | No. That’s straight out of Hepanza’s press kit. | 那是赫潘扎的新闻资料里的原话 |
[10:03] | She fought it, but his PR team insisted. | 她反对过 但他的公关团队坚持要用 |
[10:05] | It’s the only compromise, ‘kay? The rest, it’s all her. | 这是唯一一处妥协 其他都是她的话 |
[10:07] | By which you mean all you. | 也就是说 都是你的话 |
[10:09] | Gentlemen, every news outlet | 先生们 这世界上所有新闻出版商 |
[10:11] | on earth has a camera trained on you | 都有相机镜头对着你们 |
[10:13] | hoping to catch an errant phrase or awkward back rub. | 想拍到一句错误引用 或挠背的丑态 |
[10:15] | So, please, for the sake of the Secretary, | 所以 拜托 为了国务卿 |
[10:18] | I humbly request that you shut it. | 我请求你们闭嘴吧 |
[10:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:32] | Great job, Madam Secretary. | 讲得好 国务卿女士 |
[10:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:35] | You think Minister Samant is warming up to me yet? | 你觉得萨曼特部长对我有好感了吗 |
[10:38] | Possibly. | 很可能 |
[10:39] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[10:40] | Is that a smile? | 是笑容吗 |
[10:42] | Or a smirk? | 还是在得瑟 |
[10:43] | It’s a little of both. | 两边都沾点吧 |
[10:45] | It’s a smirkle. | 得瑟的微笑 |
[10:51] | Look, I need you to hear what I’m saying right now. | 我需要你把我说的话听进去 |
[10:53] | I leave for Nantucket tomorrow. | 我明天就去楠塔基特岛 |
[10:55] | When I get back it’s over — I’m serious. | 等我回来 就断掉 我是认真的 |
[10:57] | I got it. | 我明白了 |
[10:57] | Listen to me. Seriously. | 听我说 真的 |
[10:59] | You are not and never have been a candidate for my affection. | 你从来就不是我的备选项 |
[11:02] | Long term, you’re not someone I could ever be with. | 从长远说 你不是我会长相守的人 |
[11:05] | I’m in love with Win. | 我爱的是赢 |
[11:07] | You’re serious? | 你说真的 |
[11:08] | Which is why I keep using that word. | 所以我一直在说我很认真 |
[11:09] | Okay, you want to get serious? | 好吧 你想认真点 |
[11:11] | Why are you with “Winthrop” anyway? | 你为什么会跟”温索普”在一起 |
[11:14] | – Because…he’s smart. – Smart. | -因为…他聪明 -聪明是吗 |
[11:18] | Well read, articulate. Good with people. | 博览群书 口才好 擅长跟人打交道 |
[11:20] | Motivated, ambitious. | 积极 有野心 |
[11:21] | He’s a lobbyist for weed. | 他是大麻说客 |
[11:22] | Alternative health care. | 是另类医疗药品说客 |
[11:24] | He believes in what he does. | 他信仰他做的事 |
[11:26] | And he believes in what I do. | 也信仰我做的事 |
[11:27] | He respects me. He’s rooting for me. | 他尊重我 支持我 |
[11:29] | We have a future together. | 我们在一起有未来 |
[11:32] | Who you trying to convince? | 你是在说服谁 |
[11:33] | No one. I’m just making it clear. | 没有谁 我只是在说明情况 |
[11:38] | Oh, crap. | 倒霉 |
[11:39] | Hey, hey, hey, don’t dismiss me. | 别走神 |
[11:40] | No, no, no, look, look. | 不不 你看 |
[11:41] | M-Sec’s mystery daughter. | 国务卿女士的神秘女儿 |
[11:51] | Shoo — crap. | 该死 |
[11:53] | Okay, um… | 好吧… |
[11:54] | You leave first, | 你先走 |
[11:55] | I-I’ll figure a way out the back. | 我会想办法从后面走 |
[11:57] | We can’t just leave her, I mean, clearly she’s wasted. | 我们不能丢下她 她明显喝多了 |
[11:59] | – Yeah. – Not to mention underage. | -是的 -更别说她还未成年 |
[12:01] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[12:02] | Let me lay out a few scenarios here. | 那我来假设一下各种可能性 |
[12:04] | One — we take her home now and deliver to daddy | 一 我们送她回家 让她爸爸 |
[12:06] | this portrait of a daughter as a young drunk, | 目击他未成年女儿喝醉的样子 |
[12:08] | and reveal to the one person who shares a pillow | 进而让国务卿的枕边人知道 |
[12:10] | with the Secretary that we were out alone. | 咱俩单独出来了 |
[12:12] | Or two, | 或者 第二种 |
[12:14] | we leave, none of that happens. | 我们离开 任何事都不会发生 |
[12:15] | And let some Daily Caller blogger find her? | 然后让《每日电讯》的博客写手发现她 |
[12:18] | If it hits the Web, | 这事要是上了网 |
[12:18] | I’m the one on the phone with The Daily Show, | 到时候打电话给《每日秀》的不还是我 |
[12:20] | begging them not to open with it. | 求他们不要拿这事当头条 |
[12:22] | It’s none of our business. | 这不是咱们的事 |
[12:23] | – Isn’t it? – She could take care of herself. | -不是吗 -她能照顾好自己 |
[12:29] | Okay, um…I’ll leave first. | 好吧 我先走了 |
[12:33] | I advise you to do the same. | 建议你也走 |
[12:35] | Don’t… | 别… |
[12:48] | Hi, Stevie. | 斯蒂芬 |
[12:50] | I’m Daisy. | 我叫黛西 |
[12:51] | We met a long time ago. | 我们很久以前见过 |
[12:52] | Um, I work for your mom. | 我为你妈妈工作 |
[12:57] | Can you get me another Long Island? | 你能给我再买杯长岛冰茶吗 |
[12:59] | Trust me, you don’t want that. | 相信我 你不想喝了 |
[13:02] | Coffee, black. | 咖啡 黑咖啡 |
[13:09] | Your cabinet told the Hindustan Free Press | 你的内阁跟《印度自由报》说 |
[13:11] | that my Hepanza speech was | 我的赫潘扎演讲 |
[13:12] | nothing more than foreign carpetbagging. | 不过是外国人投机的话 |
[13:15] | Their words, but I don’t disagree. | 是他们说的 但我不反对 |
[13:17] | Is that a fight? | 她们是在吵架吗 |
[13:18] | Well, in this heat, | 这种高温之下 |
[13:19] | I’m surprised we’re not all coming to blows. | 我很惊讶我们没有全体开始互殴 |
[13:21] | Maybe it’s not a fight. | 也许不是吵架 |
[13:22] | Maybe it’s…lively debate. | 只是…生动的辩论 |
[13:25] | It’s probably about your speech. | 可能跟你的演讲稿有关 |
[13:27] | For real? | 说真的 |
[13:28] | It’s not a fight. | 不是吵架 |
[13:29] | So you also believe that the average Indian | 所以你也相信普通印度人 |
[13:31] | derives no benefit from foreign investment? | 并没有从外国投资中获益吗 |
[13:34] | You mean other than higher wages to spend on American goods? | 你是说除了可以领高薪买美国商品吗 |
[13:37] | No, I’m talking about an emergent middle class, | 不 我是说中产阶级的出现 |
[13:39] | with, yes, spending power, | 没错 他们的消费力会提高 |
[13:41] | but also with time to invest in literacy, | 但他们也会有更多时间提高文化 |
[13:44] | education, innovation, | 教育和创新 |
[13:45] | all the things that make India | 这都是美国 |
[13:47] | the democratic partner America sought out. | 希望与印度民主派合作的原因 |
[13:49] | You are as described. | 你跟传言说的一样 |
[13:52] | “As wrongheaded as she is blonde-headed”? | “她的固执跟金发一样明显”吗 |
[13:55] | Got quite the wordsmiths over at the Hindustan Free Press. | 《印度自由报》真是有好文笔 |
[13:58] | Passionate. | 是激情 |
[13:59] | I like passionate. | 我喜欢激情 |
[14:01] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[14:02] | See?! See, I told you. | 看见了吗 我就说 |
[14:04] | It wasn’t a fight. | 不是吵架 |
[14:05] | Well, not yet. | 还没吵起来 |
[14:05] | How are you both not sweating? | 你们怎么做到不出汗的 |
[14:09] | Be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[14:15] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 失陪 |
[14:20] | Hello. | 你好 |
[14:22] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[14:23] | I’m Sanjay. | 我叫桑杰 |
[14:24] | Hi. | 你好 |
[14:25] | How do you know my name? | 你怎么知道我名字的 |
[14:27] | Well, I pay attention. | 我很用心 |
[14:29] | Which is how I know you have beautiful eyes. | 所以我知道你的眼睛很漂亮 |
[14:32] | Have you ever seen a peacock? | 你见过孔雀吗 |
[14:36] | Several roam the grounds. | 外面有几只在散步 |
[14:39] | Shall we take a walk? | 我们去走走怎么样 |
[14:41] | Okay, just so you know, | 善言提醒一句 |
[14:42] | she went nuts on the garlic naan. | 她吃了好多蒜蓉烤饼 |
[14:44] | I’d love a walk. | 我很乐意去走走 |
[14:48] | You are the worst. | 你太差劲了 |
[15:03] | That is so good. | 太好吃了 |
[15:07] | So, you want to talk about it? | 你想聊聊吗 |
[15:11] | The sandwich? | 聊三明治吗 |
[15:13] | Why you’re getting drunk in a bar alone. | 聊聊你为什么在酒吧独自喝酒 |
[15:20] | Because… | 因为… |
[15:22] | because he’s a cheater. | 因为他出轨了 |
[15:25] | That sucks. | 太糟了 |
[15:29] | But you’re young. | 但你还年轻 |
[15:30] | You’ll find somebody else. | 你会找到更好的人的 |
[15:33] | My dad. | 我爸爸 |
[15:37] | He’s a cheating cheater who cheats. | 他劈腿 脚踏两条船 |
[15:41] | And then lies about cheating. | 还百般掩饰出轨的事实 |
[15:46] | Um, I saw him having lunch yesterday with some… | 我看到他昨天中午和一个贱人吃午饭 |
[15:50] | skank, she was barely older than me. | 她比我都大不了几岁 |
[15:52] | Wait, wait, hang on. | 等等 慢着 |
[15:53] | It might not have been what it looked like. | 说不定事情不像看上去那样 |
[15:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:58] | So, today I checked. | 所以 今天我去查了一下 |
[16:00] | He’s supposedly writing this book. | 他本来应该在写书 |
[16:03] | Researching 24-7. | 全天候做研究 |
[16:05] | Which is the whole reason that he couldn’t go to India. | 就是因为这个他才不去印度的 |
[16:08] | But I asked around, | 但是我到处问过了 |
[16:10] | and he hasn’t been in the archives in weeks. | 他已经好几个礼拜没去档案室了 |
[16:14] | The lady at the front desk even said, | 那前台的小姐甚至说 |
[16:18] | “Hey, tell him we miss him around here.” | “告诉他我们很想他” |
[16:24] | And now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[16:27] | The McCord family business. | 麦考德一家的日常琐事 |
[16:31] | Hey, how’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[16:33] | My kingdom for a cheeseburger. | 我愿付出一切以换个芝士汉堡 |
[16:37] | All right, where’s your sister? | 好吧 你姐姐呢 |
[16:38] | She went off with some strange guy. | 她跟某个陌生的家伙走了 |
[16:40] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:41] | He was her age. | 跟她差不多大 |
[16:41] | His dad’s one of the Indian officials. | 他爸爸是某个印度官员 |
[16:43] | Where’d they go? | 他们去哪了 |
[16:44] | To look at peacocks. | 去看孔雀了 |
[16:45] | Yeah, classic Indian pickup line. I guess. | 我估计是某种经典的印度式搭讪吧 |
[16:52] | What’s that? | 怎么回事 |
[17:00] | It’s just…just a tremor. Okay? | 只是 只是点震动 |
[17:09] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[17:13] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[17:14] | You stay with Jason. I’ve got to go get Alison. | 你们跟杰森待在一起 我得去找艾莉森 |
[17:16] | I can’t let you do that, Ma’am. | 恕难从命 国务卿 |
[17:18] | This way, Ma’am, this way, Ma’am. | 这边走 国务卿 这边走 |
[17:31] | – Fred, I’d like to go back out there. – Ma’am. | -弗莱德 我想出去 -国务卿 |
[17:33] | You’re doing your job, | 你在做你的本职工作 |
[17:34] | – I appreciate that. – Ma’am. | -我表示理解 -国务卿 |
[17:35] | – Four DS agents are searching for her now. – Yup, okay. | -四名外交安全护卫正在寻找她 -我明白 |
[17:36] | – Please stay… – We don’t know what it’s like out there. | -请您留在这 -我们不知道外面什么样 |
[17:38] | We’re still getting aftershocks. | 现在还有余震 |
[17:39] | – This is a command, you need to… – Ma’am. | -这是命令 你得… -国务卿 |
[17:40] | We will find Alison. | 我们会找到艾莉森的 |
[17:42] | Ma’am, please. | 国务卿 请冷静点 |
[17:45] | Ma’am, I spoke to the consul. | 国务卿 我和领事馆通话过了 |
[17:47] | It’s a 7.3 quake. | 是场7.3级的地震 |
[17:49] | How many dead? | 死亡人数呢 |
[17:49] | I heard a report that a hospital and a school collapsed. | 我听报道说有所医院和学校塌了 |
[17:52] | Could be as much as a thousand there. | 估计会有一千人 |
[17:54] | Mom. Look. | 妈妈 快看 |
[18:06] | The 7.3 earthquake struck just after 8:00 P.M. | 这场7.3级的地震发生在八点后 |
[18:11] | U.S. Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord | 美国国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[18:13] | was already in India… | 当时已经抵达印度 |
[18:14] | Thank God she’s all right. | 谢天谢地 她平安无事 |
[18:16] | I know. | 是啊 |
[18:17] | Is it wrong that I’m glad my passport got held up? | 我是不是不该庆幸我的护照被扣下来了 |
[18:20] | No, I’d feel the same way. | 没事 要我也会这么想 |
[18:23] | I’m sorry you have to miss your wedding. | 我很抱歉你得错过你的婚礼了 |
[18:24] | It’s okay. Win understood. | 没事 温理解 |
[18:32] | The kid’s sure he’s cheating on her? | 那孩子确定他出轨了吗 |
[18:34] | That wasn’t just something she said? | 会不会只是她凭空瞎说的 |
[18:36] | Because, you know, people do all kinds of crazy things | 你也知道 几杯龙舌兰下肚 |
[18:39] | under the influence of tequila. | 什么疯狂的事都干得出来 |
[18:41] | I stuffed her with grilled cheese, | 我让她吃了奶酪三明治 |
[18:43] | she made a lot of sense. | 她说话很有条理 |
[18:46] | So, I should tell the Secretary, right? | 所以我应该告诉国务卿的 对吧 |
[18:49] | And be the woman who told her boss about the other woman? | 你要去告诉你的老板她有了第三者吗 |
[18:52] | That makes you the other other woman. | 这会让你变得连第三者都不如 |
[18:53] | That’s the worst woman of all. | 那是女人能达到的最烂的境界 |
[18:55] | That woman’s so bad, | 那种女人太烂了 |
[18:56] | she’s not even in a country song. | 连乡村音乐都不会提到她 |
[18:57] | Okay, that’s not helpful. | 这话一点用都没有 |
[18:59] | You asked. | 你自己非要说的 |
[19:00] | So, what happened to the kid? | 那孩子怎么样了 |
[19:01] | Did you just leave her in the bar? | 你把她丢在酒吧了吗 |
[19:02] | No, I put her in a cab. | 不 我送她上了出租车 |
[19:05] | With the recovery effort already underway, concern now turns to… | 救灾行动已经开始 现在目光转向了… |
[19:10] | She should be on now. | 她现在应该快上线了 |
[19:15] | It’s good to see you, Madam Secretary. | 很高兴见到您 国务卿女士 |
[19:17] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[19:18] | It is morning there, right? | 你们那是早上吧 |
[19:19] | Sort of lost track of time. | 有点搞不清楚时间了 |
[19:21] | You’ve been busy. | 您太忙了 |
[19:22] | We managed to get the kids on a flight home, | 我们先把孩子们送上飞机回家了 |
[19:24] | and it’s been nonstop since then. | 后来就一直在忙 |
[19:26] | Well, we saw you on TV with USAID | 我们在电视上看到你和美国国际开发署 |
[19:28] | and the India NDMA overseeing the survivor search. | 以及印度国家灾害管理局监察幸存者的搜索 |
[19:31] | The scale of loss is… | 伤亡规模太… |
[19:34] | There’s still so much to be done. | 还有很多事要做 |
[19:36] | Well, the images of you and Foreign Minister Samant | 您和萨曼特外交部长在君地的 |
[19:39] | at the field hospital in Jundip are very powerful. | 野外医院的画面特别有冲击力 |
[19:42] | Chondita’s been relentless. | 崇蒂塔不肯放弃任何机会 |
[19:44] | DOD’s transferring troops from Afghanistan to aid | 根据您的吩咐 国防部正在从阿富汗 |
[19:46] | in the relief effort like you asked. | 调遣部队去参与救援工作 |
[19:47] | And OFDA and USAID are in touch | 对外灾难援助办公室和国际开发署 |
[19:50] | with the embassy in New Delhi | 联系了新德里的大使馆 |
[19:51] | to provide greater regional support. | 以提供更好的地区援助 |
[19:53] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[19:54] | And if it isn’t already done, | 要是还没搞定的话 |
[19:55] | activate an RMT in DC. | 启动华盛顿的实时震矩张量监测 |
[19:57] | – Done. – And, Matt, | -好 -还有 马特 |
[19:58] | all communications from State need | 出自国务院的所有消息 |
[20:00] | to include donation information. | 都得加上有关如何捐助的信息 |
[20:02] | I-I’m looking at a press release right here, there’s nothing. | 我现在在看新闻稿 这上面什么都没有 |
[20:05] | Well, Scott usually handles that. | 这一般是斯考特的活 |
[20:06] | Well, Scott’s busy; I’m asking you to do it. | 斯考特很忙 我现在要你去办 |
[20:08] | Well, there is a little silver lining to all of this. | 还是有好的方面的 |
[20:11] | Every major news outlet has coverage of you | 各大报纸的头条上都有你 |
[20:14] | moving sandbags, helping with the survivor search. | 帮助搬沙袋 搜寻幸存者的照片 |
[20:16] | From a communications standpoint, | 从媒体通信的角度来看 |
[20:18] | the trip’s a huge success. | 这次出行是一次巨大的成功 |
[20:21] | I didn’t mean that to sound opportunistic. | 我没有说您是在投机取巧的意思 |
[20:24] | How did you mean it to sound? | 你的意思是怎么样 |
[20:27] | So I’m getting on a plane tonight. | 我今天晚上上飞机 |
[20:28] | I’ll be far more effective in DC. | 我在华盛顿办事会更有效率 |
[20:30] | In the meantime, I’ll whip up an exit address. | 同时 我会写一份回国前的演讲 |
[20:32] | Scott’s already on it. | 斯考特已经在做了 |
[20:33] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[20:36] | Scott’s on it. Really? | 斯考特在做了 搞什么 |
[20:42] | Hey, look what I’ve got! | 看看我把谁带回来了 |
[20:44] | Ah! I can’t believe I mean this, | 简直不敢相信我会这么说 |
[20:47] | but I am so happy to see you losers. | 但是我好高兴能再见到你们这群废物 |
[20:53] | – You hungry? – Starving. | -饿了吗 -饿死了 |
[20:55] | Voila, les enfants. | 瞧 孩子们 |
[20:57] | Fluffernutters and curly fries. | 花生饼和炸薯条 |
[20:59] | Ooh, finally some normal food. | 终于看到正常的食物了 |
[21:01] | How can you care about food? | 你怎么能只关心吃的东西 |
[21:02] | – Ah, here we go. – What? | -又开始了 -什么 |
[21:04] | Sanjay’s house was crushed. | 桑杰的房子都塌了 |
[21:05] | He lost everything. It’s horrible. | 他失去了一切 太可怕了 |
[21:07] | Fifteen hours on the plane, can’t get enough. | 在飞机上唧唧歪歪了十五小时 还没说够 |
[21:10] | Do you not care about what we just went through? | 你一点都不在乎我们刚经历的一切吗 |
[21:11] | I do care, but it’s over. | 在乎啊 可是都结束了 |
[21:13] | It’s over for you. | 对你来说结束了而已 |
[21:14] | Honey, it’s gonna be okay. | 亲爱的 没事的 |
[21:16] | No, it’s not, and you don’t know that. | 不 不是的 你又不能预见未来 |
[21:21] | Nice work defusing that situation. | 好样的 完美地化解了矛盾 |
[21:22] | Just trying to calm her down. | 我只是想让她冷静点 |
[21:24] | Shouldn’t you be at the archives? | 你不是应该去档案室吗 |
[21:27] | That librarian is really… | 那里的图书馆员真的… |
[21:28] | Stevie, cut it out. | 斯蒂芬 给我闭嘴 |
[21:30] | Cutting it out. | 闭就闭 |
[21:41] | 印度 德里 英迪拉·甘地机场附近 | |
[21:46] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:47] | Oh, good. glad I caught you. | 太好了 还好接通了 |
[21:50] | Everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[21:52] | Check your inbox. | 查收件箱 |
[21:54] | Yeah, the kids are… | 还好 孩子们… |
[21:58] | Well, they’re a little shaken, but they’re fine. | 情绪有点不稳定 但没什么事 |
[22:00] | Um, listen, I wanted to talk to you. | 听我说 我想跟你谈谈 |
[22:04] | There’s something that… | 有些事情 |
[22:06] | you should know. | 我得告诉你 |
[22:07] | Is it about your work? | 工作上的吗 |
[22:08] | Well, it’s related. | 跟工作有关 |
[22:09] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
[22:11] | The Hepanza plant we visited? | 我们到访的那座赫潘扎工厂 |
[22:13] | “The quake caused a crack in a tank that was holding severely toxic, | “地震导致储罐裂缝泄漏 罐里装的是剧毒的 |
[22:18] | “highly flammable chemical called aniline.” | “极易燃化学品 苯胺” |
[22:20] | Henry, I think I need to call you back. | 亨利 我得过会儿再打给你了 |
[22:21] | Is that okay? | 可以吗 |
[22:23] | Yeah, don’t worry. | 当然 别担心 |
[22:24] | The leak ignited, causing a blast. | 泄漏物已起火 引起了爆炸 |
[22:27] | 4,000 dead and counting. | 导致四千人死亡 人数仍在上升 |
[22:33] | What is the latest with the fire? Is it contained? | 火灾怎么样了 控制住了吗 |
[22:36] | Not even close. | 根本控制不住 |
[22:38] | Why is that possible? | 怎么会这样 |
[22:39] | It’s been burning for 15 hours straight. | 连续烧了十五小时了 |
[22:41] | The aniline burns so hot | 苯胺燃烧太剧烈 |
[22:42] | that the cleanup crew can’t get to the leak source. | 救火人员无法接近泄漏源 |
[22:44] | Of course aniline’s alternate use had to be jet fuel. | 当然了 苯胺还可用作喷气机燃料 |
[22:47] | Millions of gallons of this toxic stuff | 上百万加仑的剧毒化学品 |
[22:49] | is spilling into the Ganges. | 正流入恒河 |
[22:50] | Do you know how many people | 你知道每天有多少人 |
[22:51] | use that river every day to cook and bathe? | 用恒河水做饭洗澡吗 |
[22:53] | How many are downstream? Could we evacuate? | 下游有多少人口 能进行疏散吗 |
[22:55] | Try moving that many people on a Tuesday, | 想要在周二疏散如此多民众已经够麻烦了 |
[22:57] | let alone after an earthquake. | 更何况刚发生了地震 |
[22:58] | If we don’t tamp down the fire, and plug the leak, | 如果不能及时控制住火势 堵住泄漏源 |
[23:01] | hundreds of thousands of people risk exposure and death. | 成百上千的人将面临感染和死亡的威胁 |
[23:04] | We have to get the Hotshots in there right away. | 快车必须即刻到位 |
[23:07] | Fifteen hours after the initial explosion, the Ganges… | 距离爆炸已过十五小时 恒河… |
[23:09] | What about Hepanza’s tank? | 赫潘扎的储罐呢 |
[23:11] | Do we know why it failed? | 为何会裂开[不合格] |
[23:12] | Well, here’s the thing: it didn’t. | 实际上储罐是合格的 |
[23:13] | Hepanza was compliant with Indian Ministry of Industrial Protocol standards | 赫潘扎遵守了印度工业协会标准 |
[23:17] | requiring tanks to sustain magnitude 7.0 quakes. | 协会标准仅要求储罐能承受七级地震 |
[23:19] | Which does no one any good when a 7.3 hits. | 所以7.3级地震来了就都完了 |
[23:22] | MIP standards are lower than America’s. | 印度工业协会安全标准低于美国国家标准 |
[23:24] | And cheaper to implement, | 并且施工成本更低 |
[23:25] | which is exactly why Hepanza was in India in the first place. | 所以赫潘扎一直在印度业界居于首位 |
[23:28] | So Hepanza isn’t liable, nor is the Indian government. | 所以这既不是赫潘扎 也不是印度政府的责任 |
[23:31] | Let’s focus on getting the fire under control. | 我们先抓紧把火势控制住吧 |
[23:33] | We can finger-point later. | 到时候再去追究责任 |
[23:34] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[23:35] | Madam Secretary, if I can interrupt for a minute. | 国务卿女士 我打断一下 |
[23:37] | And here’s the U.S. Secretary of State, Elizabeth McCord, | 此次地震引发了化学品泄漏和恒河污染 |
[23:40] | just hours before the quake that would cause | 就在地震的几小时前 美国国务卿 |
[23:42] | the deadly spill and the Ganges to burn. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德才刚刚发表了讲话 |
[23:44] | We hope it will be the delta of a renewed friendship, | 我们希望这将会成为我们再续友谊的三角洲 |
[23:47] | as strong and sacred as the Ganges River | 正如恒河般神圣持久 |
[23:50] | on whose banks it stands. | 友谊在这片土地上长存 |
[23:51] | They’ve been playing those two clips on loop all morning. | 他们一早上都在循环播放这两段录像 |
[23:54] | Water is burning, Madam Secretary. | 情势相当危急 国务卿女士 |
[23:55] | And your name is linked to it. | 而且你脱不了关系 |
[23:57] | The optics of this couldn’t be worse. | 公众影响力差到极点了 |
[23:58] | Optics? Seriously? | 现在还关心公众影响力吗 |
[24:00] | I’m sorry, it’s my job to tell you that. | 我很抱歉 但是告知您这些是我的责任 |
[24:02] | I know I’ve already said it…. | 我知道我说过了 |
[24:03] | I am so sorry | 我真的很抱歉 |
[24:04] | about the Ganges metaphor in the speech. | 发言稿中的恒河隐喻太不合适了 |
[24:05] | Nice work with that. | 干得漂亮 |
[24:07] | I read Nadine’s proposal. | 我看了纳丁的提议了 |
[24:08] | Do we really think gas fire fighters | 普通消防人员 |
[24:10] | can contain a chemical fire? | 真能搞定化学火灾吗 |
[24:12] | The Texas Hotshots were on call | 科威特石油火灾和深水地平线漏油事件时 |
[24:14] | during the Kuwaiti Oil Fires and at Deepwater Horizon. | 召集的就是德州快车 |
[24:18] | They are the best firefighters in the world. | 他们是世界最专业的消防团队 |
[24:21] | All right, well, we really can’t afford another PR mishap. | 好吧 要是再出一桩公关事故就真遇到麻烦了 |
[24:23] | Daisy, | 戴西 |
[24:23] | while I appreciate that it’s your job to tell me about the PR fallout, | 感谢你敬业地提醒我公关影响 |
[24:27] | it is my job to put it in order of importance. | 不过事情的轻重缓急由我定夺 |
[24:29] | And right now, we can’t leave a renewed ally twisting in the wind. | 眼下 我们不能置新盟国于危机中不顾 |
[24:33] | Nadine, get the embassy and the USAID in Delhi | 纳丁 通知德里的大使馆和美国国际开发署 |
[24:37] | prepared to receive the Hotshots. | 准备接应快车 |
[24:38] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[24:38] | Blake, get me Minister Samant. | 布莱克 打给萨曼特部长 |
[24:40] | – I want to download her personally. – Okay. | -我要亲自跟她在线谈谈 -好的 |
[24:42] | And lastly, I need a statement | 最后 我要发表一篇声明 |
[24:43] | outlining State’s response to the containment efforts. | 阐明美国为控制火灾做出的响应措施 |
[24:46] | – Got it. – I’m on it. | -没问题 -我去办 |
[24:47] | – I got it. – I’m on it. | -我办就好 -我说了我办 |
[24:49] | – I got it. – I got it. | -交给我 -我要办这事 |
[24:49] | Oh, for Pete’s sake! | 我的天哪 |
[24:52] | Work together. | 你俩合作行吗 |
[24:53] | You’re right. | 您说得对 |
[24:55] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[24:56] | But the Hotshots are in the air. | 快车已经在路上了 |
[24:58] | And I’m afraid that once they land, | 恐怕他们一降落 |
[25:00] | we will be forced to turn them back. | 我们就得逼他们返回了 |
[25:01] | But why? | 为什么呢 |
[25:03] | I don’t understand. | 我不理解 |
[25:04] | We are willing to accept U.S. containment aid, | 我们乐意接受美国为控制火灾提供的救援 |
[25:06] | but Hepanza must apologize for this disaster first. | 但赫潘扎必须先为这场灾难道歉 |
[25:09] | The United States, like India, | 美国跟印度一样 |
[25:11] | is a democracy. | 是个民主的国家 |
[25:12] | I can’t force liability on a private company. | 我不能强迫私人公司承担责任 |
[25:15] | Then perhaps you can persuade them | 那也许你能说服他们 |
[25:18] | to take it on themselves. | 主动承担责任 |
[25:19] | We were in India together just a day ago. | 我们昨天还在印度见证了 |
[25:21] | We watched USAID work with India’s NDMA | 美国国际开发署和印度国家灾难局通力合作 |
[25:25] | with great success after the quake. | 为地震善后 |
[25:26] | And for that we are very grateful. | 对此我们感激不尽 |
[25:28] | So why can’t that partnership continue? | 那为什么不能继续合作呢 |
[25:30] | Why-why is this spill any different? | 这次泄漏有什么不同吗 |
[25:32] | The earthquake was an act of God. | 地震是天灾 |
[25:35] | But a chemical spill at the hands of an American corporation? | 而美国企业的化学品泄漏 |
[25:39] | To Prime Minister Saigal, | 在赛加尔总理看来 |
[25:41] | it feels like a sign, | 是个征兆 |
[25:44] | punishment for opening the door wider to foreign investment. | 是向国外投资开放市场带来的惩罚 |
[25:50] | Hepanza adhered to MIP standards, | 赫潘扎遵循了由印度政府批准的 |
[25:53] | sanctioned by the Indian government. | 工业协会安全标准 |
[25:55] | Saigal has branded himself | 赛加尔自我标榜为 |
[25:58] | India’s great nationalist. | 印度伟大的民族主义者 |
[26:00] | For him to accept help from the American government | 让他接受美国政府的救助 |
[26:03] | for an industrial disaster at an American plant | 还是因为一次由美国工厂引发的工业重灾 |
[26:07] | tarnishes that image. | 有违他这一形象 |
[26:08] | So pride wins over compassion | 他的虚荣自傲就比怜悯心 |
[26:10] | and millions of Indians pay? | 和上百万印度人民的生命还重要吗 |
[26:13] | It’s an emotional response | 这是新上任 未经任何磨练 |
[26:14] | from a new, untested reactionary | 且内阁中都是自己亲信的保守派的 |
[26:18] | and his cabinet of cronies. | 情绪化的抵触 |
[26:20] | Yourself included? | 也包括你吗 |
[26:22] | The apology stipulation was my idea. | 要求道歉是我出的主意 |
[26:26] | It was the best I could do to help my people. | 我已经尽我所能地救助我国人民了 |
[26:29] | I’m not in a position to give you that. | 我无权答应你的条件 |
[26:31] | Then I am not in a position to accept American aid. | 那我也无权同意接受美国援助 |
[26:34] | That is where we are. | 只能是这样了 |
[26:36] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:45] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[26:46] | I will not apologize. | 我绝不会道歉 |
[26:48] | Hepanza did nothing wrong. | 赫潘扎没做错什么 |
[26:50] | It’s out of the question. | 这不可能 |
[26:50] | India can’t make a U.S. company genuflect on command. | 印度不能让美国公司对他们卑躬屈膝 |
[26:53] | Then consider a compromise. | 那能不能折中一下呢 |
[26:54] | Look, the Hotshots are India’s best hope | 对印度而言 最有可能控制这场大火 |
[26:57] | at stopping the fire and plugging this leak. | 并阻止泄露的就是快车了 |
[27:00] | Yeah, and who’s on it in the meantime? Us. | 与此同时还有谁也在提供帮助 我们 |
[27:02] | Hepanza has set up clinics, | 赫潘扎已经设立了诊所 |
[27:04] | we’ve set up a victims’ relief fund, | 我们还设立了受害者救济金 |
[27:06] | we’ve done everything possible to mitigate this leak. | 我们竭尽全力地想降低这次泄露带来的损失 |
[27:08] | Well, not everything. | 并非竭尽全力 |
[27:09] | Do you know what my lawyers would do to me | 你知道如果我承认责任 |
[27:10] | if I accepted liability? | 我的律师会对我怎样吗 |
[27:12] | And that would be a cakewalk | 而且同我们其他股东的反应相比 |
[27:13] | compared to my shareholders’ reaction. | 他们会太好安抚了 |
[27:15] | Then give me something to bring back to Saigal. | 那你告诉我该怎么回复赛加尔 |
[27:17] | Hepanza did nothing wrong. | 赫潘扎没有错 |
[27:20] | The tank was up to Indian standards. | 储罐符合印度标准 |
[27:23] | Elevating the metal grade to U.S. standards | 提升金属品级以达到美国标准 |
[27:25] | would’ve cost you $200,000. | 只会耗费你二十万美元 |
[27:27] | That’s a drop in the bucket for a corporation | 这对一个去年收入二十亿美元的公司来说 |
[27:29] | that took in $2 billion last year alone. | 实在是微不足道 |
[27:32] | Madam Secretary, my job as… | 国务卿女士 我的工作 |
[27:32] | Mr. President, you convinced me of the importance | 总统先生 是您说服了我 |
[27:35] | of an Indo-American partnership. | 让我认识到印美关系的重要性 |
[27:37] | Let’s not let this overshadow our gains. | 不要让此事影响到我们在印度的利益 |
[27:39] | That’s precisely why India and Hepanza | 正因如此 才需要印度和赫潘扎 |
[27:41] | have to sort this out alone. | 私下解决这件事 |
[27:49] | Sir. | 总统先生 |
[27:51] | I guess we should have let Saigal | 我看我们还是该让赛加尔 |
[27:52] | cool off post-election after all. | 在选举后先好好冷静一下的 |
[27:54] | For the record, I thought Turkey was a great idea. | 郑重声明 我一直认为去土耳其很不错 |
[28:02] | I need you to talk to Scott. | 我需要您去和斯考特谈谈 |
[28:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:06] | But I’m a little troubled | 但我的首席通信员 |
[28:07] | that my head communicator can’t. | 竟然无法与他人交流让我有点苦恼 |
[28:09] | Oh, I have. | 我和他谈过了 |
[28:10] | But he insists on taking the lead with India. | 但他坚持用印度开头 |
[28:12] | Kid thinks he’s been touched by some divine and inspired right. | 他觉得他被赋予了某种神圣且有灵性的权利 |
[28:15] | Just because I had a passport issue. | 这一切不过是因为我护照出了问题 |
[28:23] | Do you really think | 你是真的觉得 |
[28:24] | that the lead diplomat for the United States of America | 美国的首席外交官 |
[28:27] | can’t handle the Diplomatic Passport Office? | 搞不定外交护照办公室吗 |
[28:31] | I used it as an opportunity to test out Scott. | 我是借此机会在考验斯考特 |
[28:34] | He’s hungrier, Matt. I mean, admit it, | 他比你更渴望这份工作 承认吧 马特 |
[28:36] | your heart’s not really in this job. | 你并没有全身心投入这份工作 |
[28:38] | – What? – Come on, | -什么 -得了 |
[28:38] | you’ve been clocking the exits since I started. | 从我上任以来 你总是一下班就跑 |
[28:40] | I know you revised your resume. | 我知道你修改了你的简历 |
[28:41] | Okay, yeah, but that was because, | 没错 但那不过是因为 |
[28:43] | uh, because you were gonna fire everybody. | 大家都以为你会把我们都开除的 |
[28:45] | No, it’s not that. I… | 不 和那事没关系 我… |
[28:48] | I saw your work for Marsh. | 我见到过你为马什写的文案 |
[28:50] | I know what you’re capable of. | 我知道你的能力 |
[28:51] | But lately? | 但最近 |
[28:52] | You’re not serious about the work. | 你对这份工作根本不上心 |
[28:54] | I am. | 我很上心 |
[28:54] | I don’t see it. | 我没看出来 |
[28:56] | It’s not that I think Scott’s a genius. | 并非是我觉得斯考特是个天才 |
[28:58] | He’s green. | 他不过是个新手 |
[29:00] | I’d have to guide him, bring him along. | 我还得教他 培养他 |
[29:03] | But, boy, he’s all in. | 但他全身心投入这份工作 |
[29:06] | It’s not your talent I’m questioning. | 我并没有质疑你的天赋 |
[29:08] | It’s your level of commitment. | 而是质疑你投入的程度 |
[29:11] | Are you a serious person? | 你是个认真的人吗 |
[29:13] | Because I only have time for people who are. | 因为我只愿意和认真的人共事 |
[29:24] | Ma’am… | 国务卿女士 |
[29:26] | could Hepanza temporarily hire the Hotshots? | 赫潘扎能暂时雇佣快车吗 |
[29:29] | Just… slip them in as employees? | 把他们作为员工安插进去 |
[29:31] | If I thought I could get Ted Graham to do anything, | 如果我能让泰德·格雷姆采取任何行动 |
[29:33] | we wouldn’t be here. | 我们就不至于到这个地步了 |
[29:34] | Let’s keep thinking on it. | 继续好好想 |
[29:36] | Can I take the conversation in a different direction? | 我能换个角度继续这个对话吗 |
[29:38] | Please, be my guest. | 当然了 请随意 |
[29:39] | We’re past salvaging this. | 这件事是不可能挽救了 |
[29:41] | What we can save is your standing. | 我们现在能挽救的是您的名声 |
[29:43] | We need to spin the Hepanza visit. | 我们得对到访赫潘扎工厂做出解释 |
[29:44] | No. | 不行 |
[29:45] | I stood with Ted Graham | 我在爆发发生几小时前 |
[29:47] | hours before the blast. | 还和泰德·格雷姆站在一起 |
[29:49] | No amount of spin is going to ever change that. | 不管怎么解释都无法改变这个事实 |
[29:51] | The President’s office forced you. | 是总统办公室强迫您的 |
[29:53] | I sanctioned it. | 但我同意了 |
[29:53] | Well, at least we can hope to make up for | 我们至少希望能美化一下 |
[29:55] | your part in it, I mean… | 您在其中的形象 我是说 |
[29:56] | No, the only way to make up for my part in this | 不 唯一能美化我在此事中形象的 |
[29:58] | is to find a solution. | 就是找到解决办法 |
[30:01] | My image can wait. | 我的形象问题可以以后再谈 |
[30:04] | You know what? Let’s take a break. | 大家休息一下吧 |
[30:06] | Meet back here in an hour. | 一个小时后这里见 |
[30:15] | I don’t mean to speak out of turn, | 我并非刻意多嘴 |
[30:17] | but I just got called out for doing my job back there. | 但您刚才因为我做我本职的工作而呵斥了我 |
[30:19] | I was looking for a little bit more | 我现在需要的不仅仅是 |
[30:20] | than simple press manipulation. | 操控媒体和新闻编纂 |
[30:23] | I know you don’t love dealing with the media, | 我知道您不喜欢和媒体打交道 |
[30:25] | but they’re a reality. | 但他们是真实存在的 |
[30:27] | If I didn’t do my job, | 如果我不做好我的本职工作 |
[30:28] | the press would define you, | 媒体就会对您乱下结论 |
[30:29] | leaving you with zero political capital. | 使您失去所有政治资本 |
[30:32] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[30:34] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[30:38] | There is one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[30:40] | I only bring it up because it might become an issue. | 我不想提 但是这事可能会造成麻烦 |
[30:43] | It’s about your husband. | 这事跟您丈夫有关 |
[30:46] | I have a source — | 一个关系很亲近的人 |
[30:47] | a very close one — | 告诉我 |
[30:48] | who tells me he’s having an affair. | 您丈夫可能出轨了 |
[30:51] | Now, maybe he isn’t. | 也许他并没有出轨 |
[30:52] | But he’s been seen around town with a younger woman. | 但有人看见他在市里和一位年轻女士相会 |
[30:55] | If it gets out, it could devastate your policy work. | 如果此事暴露 可能会摧毁您的政治工作 |
[30:58] | Daisy, you’re pushing a line. | 戴西 你越界了 |
[30:59] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[31:00] | it’s my job to tell you when something like this… | 我的职责就是要告诉您… |
[31:01] | It’s your job to make | 你的职责是 |
[31:03] | suggestions based on facts. | 给出基于事实的建议 |
[31:04] | Not cast aspersions because of your situation with Matt. | 而非因为你和马特的关系就乱中伤他人 |
[31:08] | Which is your business. | 那是你的事 |
[31:10] | But it becomes mine | 但当你用工作作为烟雾弹 |
[31:11] | when you use your job as a smokescreen | 把你的内疚转移到我的家庭上来时 |
[31:12] | to redirect your guilt onto my family. | 此事就与我相关了 |
[31:15] | So cut it out. | 闭嘴吧 |
[31:49] | Hello, you’ve reached Henry McCord. | 你好 我是亨利·麦考德 |
[31:51] | Please leave me a message. | 请留言 |
[32:08] | There you are. | 你回来了 |
[32:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:15] | No, no, I just… | 没 没 我只是 |
[32:16] | What’s wrong? You all right? | 出什么事了 你还好吗 |
[32:17] | I thought… I thought you were at the archives. | 我只是 以为你会在档案馆呢 |
[32:19] | Well, it was crowded and I got hungry, so… | 那里好挤而且我饿了 所以 |
[32:24] | Are you having an affair? | 你是有外遇了吗 |
[32:26] | I heard it. I don’t believe it. | 我听说了 我不相信 |
[32:29] | But I need to hear it from you. | 但我需要你亲口承认 |
[32:33] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[32:36] | No. | 我没有 |
[32:37] | Well, you’re gonna have to be a lot more convincing. | 你得说得再有点说服力才行 |
[32:41] | Immediately. | 马上 |
[32:42] | Have you completely lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[32:44] | Okay, that’s better. | 这句好点了 |
[32:45] | But what’s going on? | 但是到底怎么回事啊 |
[32:47] | You haven’t given me pages… | 你根本没有给我看过你写的 |
[32:48] | Pages? I can’t even get you on the phone. | 我写的 你根本没时间接我电话 |
[32:50] | How am I gonna… | 我又怎么能 |
[32:50] | Henry, you’ve published eight books. | 亨利 你出版了八本书了 |
[32:52] | I’ve seen you in writing mode. | 我知道你的写作模式 |
[32:54] | You can’t stop talking about it. | 你会谈个不停 |
[32:55] | You’re like, “yak, yak, yak”, you won’t even shut up. | 简直是一天到晚都在谈论它 |
[32:56] | I mean, this is different. | 这次不一样 |
[32:58] | This is… this is weird | 这次 感觉很怪 |
[33:00] | and you’re being sneaky. | 而且你总偷偷摸摸的 |
[33:01] | I don’t… | 我不明 |
[33:04] | Wait… | 等等 |
[33:08] | I know this. | 我知道了 |
[33:11] | You’re working for the NSA again. | 你又开始为国家安全局工作了 |
[33:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:17] | That’s why you’re not at the archives! | 所以你才不在档案馆 |
[33:19] | – Well, I… – That’s why you’re being seen | -我 -所以你才被人看见 |
[33:20] | around town with a cute young woman! | 跟可爱的年轻女人会面 |
[33:22] | She’s my handler. | 她是我的联系人 |
[33:23] | – I added “cute.” – No, she’s… | -可爱这词是我加的 -不 她是 |
[33:24] | – Is she cute? – My handler. | -她可爱吗 -她是我的联系人 |
[33:25] | Okay. But then why didn’t you just tell me?! | 好吧 但你为什么不直接告诉我呢 |
[33:28] | I told them it was absurd! | 我跟他们说了这简直荒唐 |
[33:29] | I mean, they let me tell you the last time! | 他们上次都允许我告诉你了 |
[33:31] | Yes! | 就是啊 |
[33:31] | But this mission is so top secret that even | 但是这次的任务过于机密 |
[33:33] | the Secretary of State can’t know. | 国务卿都不能过问 |
[33:37] | You know, I’m not gonna lie to you. | 我不会骗你的 |
[33:38] | Well, you better not! | 那就好 |
[33:41] | Is it that religious scholar again? | 又是宗教学者的事吗 |
[33:42] | Yes, the investigation has ramped up, | 是的 调查加快了 |
[33:44] | which merits the higher security clearance… | 需要提高安全级别 |
[33:45] | Can I ask why? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[33:48] | I can tell you why it has to be me. | 我可以告诉你为什么非我不可 |
[33:50] | I’m the only person who can viably walk up to him | 只有我能在学术发布会上 |
[33:53] | at academic conferences. | 接近他 |
[33:56] | I-I… I gue… I guess you had to say yes. | 我想 我想你没法不答应 |
[33:59] | I can still say no. | 我可以拒绝的 |
[34:00] | Of course you can’t. | 你当然不能 |
[34:12] | Uh, I was just headed to you. | 我正要找您呢 |
[34:14] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[34:15] | A speech that should shake up the standoff. | 一份应该可以打破僵局的演讲 |
[34:18] | Are there any metaphors? | 用了什么比喻吗 |
[34:19] | Kind of off metaphors for a while. | 这段时间都不想再用比喻了 |
[34:21] | Hey, Saigal needs to push around the U.S. | 赛加尔在接受援助前 |
[34:23] | before accepting its aid, right? | 非要先摆布我们一把对吧 |
[34:24] | Unfortunately, yes. | 很不幸 是的 |
[34:25] | Okay, so forget a Hepanza apology. | 所以别管什么赫潘扎的致歉了 |
[34:28] | Do him one better. | 我们来个更好的 |
[34:29] | You take the blame for the spill. | 您来承担泄漏的责任 |
[34:32] | You said you felt responsible for being at the plant. | 您不是说过 您为亲临工厂感到自责吗 |
[34:34] | The media’s already implying that you are. | 媒体反正已经这么认为了 |
[34:36] | Thanks for reminding me. | 谢谢你提醒我 |
[34:37] | So, fall on that sword. | 那就担起这个责任 |
[34:39] | It’s already sharpened. | 反正已经向你袭来了 |
[34:42] | What exactly am I apologizing for? | 我到底要为什么道歉 |
[34:45] | “For visiting the plant without investigating the scope | “由于在访问工厂前我并没有详细调查 |
[34:47] | “and disparity of U.S. and Indian industrial standards.” | “美印工业标准的差距” |
[34:50] | “Had I done so, I would have urged | “如果我有调查过 我一定会 |
[34:53] | “both countries to raise their standards | “力促两国为人民的生命安全负责 |
[34:55] | “for the sake of all their citizens.” | “坚决提高工业标准” |
[34:57] | – Bingo. – Sure. | -没错 -可以 |
[34:58] | But Hepanza still gets to hide behind MIP standards. | 但赫潘扎还是能够用印方的标准开脱 |
[35:01] | Aren’t I just pulling India’s pants down? | 我这不就是让印度政府难堪吗 |
[35:04] | They might not care if they can play your | 让他们有机会反复播放您承担责任的视频 |
[35:06] | mea culpa ad nauseam. | 也许他们就不会在意了 |
[35:07] | And if they do? | 如果他们还是在意呢 |
[35:09] | You take this hit. | 抓住这个机会 |
[35:10] | You’ve got people’s attention long enough | 您能得到足够久的民众关注 |
[35:12] | to tell them that India is blocking American aid. | 趁此机会告诉他们印方拒绝了美国援助 |
[35:15] | Now they’re in the court of public opinion, | 这样公众舆论的矛头就对准了他们 |
[35:17] | with no choice but to demand the Hotshots. | 他们别无选择只能求助快车 |
[35:21] | At the very least, it’ll disrupt the news cycle. | 至少 这将停止这则新闻的循环 |
[35:24] | And it reframes my visit to the Hepanza plant. | 而且重新定义了我对赫潘扎工厂的访问 |
[35:26] | Which doesn’t hurt. | 也于我们无害 |
[35:28] | Okay! | 好的 |
[35:29] | I’m on the merry-go-round. | 这下峰回路转了 |
[35:31] | We got to run this by POTUS. | 我们得先跟总统先生说一声 |
[35:32] | This is a serious swing. | 这是个不小的转折 |
[35:35] | Good work, Matt. | 干得不错 马特 |
[35:36] | Really. Wow. | 真的 令我刮目 |
[35:38] | Oh, and, uh, that factory speech | 还有 斯考特写的那篇 |
[35:40] | that Scott wrote, linking you to the spill. | 把你和泄漏扯上关系的工厂演讲 |
[35:42] | I never vetted it… | 没有经过我的审查 |
[35:43] | No, d-d-don’t, don’t push it. | 不要 不要得寸进尺 |
[35:44] | Okay, so, CNN India and the BBC are front and center. | 印度新闻网和英国广播公司就在最前面 |
[35:48] | I want them to get a good shot of this apology. | 我要他们好好报道此次致歉 |
[35:50] | Already done. | 已经安排了 |
[35:51] | Oh, and the Hindustan Free Press. | 还有《印度自由报》呢 |
[35:53] | They’re in the front row? | 他们在前排吗 |
[35:53] | Yes, but they’re not TV. | 在 但他们不是电视媒体 |
[35:55] | Well, it’s personal. | 这是有个人原因的 |
[35:58] | – Madam Secretary? – Yeah? | -国务卿女士 -怎么 |
[35:59] | Regarding our discussion earlier. | 关于我们之前的谈话 |
[36:00] | I was unprofessional. | 我确实不够专业 |
[36:02] | But I have a handle on it now. | 但我已经处理好了 |
[36:03] | It won’t happen again. | 不会再有类似的事发生 |
[36:04] | Good. | 很好 |
[36:06] | Because I’m going to need your magic to survive Matt’s speech. | 我还需要你的魔力助我完成马特的演讲呢 |
[36:09] | You’ve got it. | 没问题 |
[36:12] | The Secretary of State. | 美国国务卿 |
[36:15] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for coming. | 谢谢 女士们先生们 感谢前来 |
[36:19] | I’m here today to take responsibility | 今天在这里 我郑重表示 |
[36:22] | for the severe chemical spill | 我将为这起破坏了恒河 |
[36:24] | that has devastated the Ganges | 也破坏了美印关系的 |
[36:27] | and the United States’ relationship with India. | 严重化工泄漏负责 |
[36:31] | That was a hell of a speech, Bess. | 真是场不错的演讲 贝丝 |
[36:32] | Ah, throwing yourself, | 把你自己 |
[36:34] | the Indian government and Hepanza under the bus? | 印度政府还有赫潘扎一起推进了火坑 |
[36:37] | I barely felt the wheels pass over me. | 我都没怎么感觉到自己有被牵连 |
[36:40] | Thanks for seeing the potential. | 谢谢您看到了成功的可能性 |
[36:42] | Your blessing was crucial. | 您的赞同非常重要 |
[36:43] | The Indians nearly crashed Twitter, | 印度人民差点挤爆了推特 |
[36:45] | demanding the Texas Hotshots. | 要求德州快车援助 |
[36:46] | Hashtag: BringTheCowboysToTheIndians. | 标签是 #牛仔快来印度# |
[36:49] | That would be the work of my press secretary. | 一定是我新闻秘书的功劳 |
[36:51] | So, they let the Hotshots into the spill site. What now? | 他们准许快车进入了溢漏现场 然后呢 |
[36:54] | Fire’s under control. | 火势已被控制 |
[36:55] | The leak’s close to being plugged. | 泄漏点也即将被堵住 |
[36:57] | Worst is contained. | 最糟糕的情况被控制住了 |
[36:58] | And Saigal? | 赛加尔呢 |
[36:59] | Well, he’s already seized on my apology | 他正抓住机会用我的致歉声明 |
[37:02] | as proof of India’s might. | 证明印度政府的力量 |
[37:03] | He says that’s why he let our aid in. | 所以他才接受了我们的援助 |
[37:05] | So, he’s having all our best ideas. | 简直都如我们所愿 |
[37:07] | And Ted? | 泰德呢 |
[37:08] | Well, as I’m sure you know, | 想必你也知道 |
[37:09] | Hepanza’s stock’s been in free fall since the spill. | 赫潘扎的股票自泄漏后就一路狂跌 |
[37:12] | Your speech snipped the ripcord from their parachute. | 你的讲话等于断了他们的生路 |
[37:15] | His board called an emergency meeting. | 他们董事会召开了紧急会议 |
[37:18] | Ted resigned shortly after. | 泰德随后就辞职了 |
[37:20] | In his statement, he admitted that the optics | 他在声明中承认 |
[37:22] | of staying on as CEO didn’t look good for the company. | 他继续做首席执行官会影响公司利益 |
[37:25] | He always lands on his feet. | 他总能逢凶化吉 |
[37:28] | Russell’s over the moon. | 拉塞尔现在可高兴了 |
[37:30] | He didn’t like me taking anyone’s advice over his. | 他希望我只采纳他的意见 |
[37:33] | Your words, Mr. President. | 这可是您说的 总统先生 |
[37:40] | Hey. You’re up late. | 这么晚还没睡 |
[37:43] | You still texting with Sanjay? | 还在跟桑杰发短信吗 |
[37:47] | I don’t know. | 说不好 |
[37:49] | It’s like I’m saying all the right things. | 感觉像我说了很多大道理 |
[37:50] | It’s just, I got to come home to my cozy house. | 然后回到家里 舒舒服服的 |
[37:53] | And he’s still suffering in India. | 他却还在印度痛苦着 |
[37:58] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[37:59] | It’s tough. | 这不容易 |
[38:00] | Seriously, Dad? That’s it? | 说真的 爸爸 能说的就这些吗 |
[38:03] | Well, look, honey, | 听着 宝贝 |
[38:04] | sometimes when terrible things happen, | 有时当坏事发生了 |
[38:06] | it’s enough just to be there and to say you’re sorry. | 告诉对方说你很抱歉 就足够了 |
[38:08] | I’m having nightmares. | 我老做噩梦 |
[38:10] | Because I got to come home. | 因为我回家了 |
[38:11] | And that makes me feel guilty. | 我觉得很有负罪感 |
[38:14] | He’s with his family? | 他跟家人在一起吗 |
[38:16] | They’re all okay? | 他们都没事吧 |
[38:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:20] | He’s home, too. | 那他也回家了 |
[38:31] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:32] | Your text said it was an emergency. | 你短信里说有急事 |
[38:36] | Wait, did you run all the way here? | 等下 你一路跑过来的吗 |
[38:38] | No, no, I’m just, | 没有 我只是 |
[38:39] | I’m just, I’m extremely out of shape. | 我只是 我太久没有锻炼了 |
[38:42] | Is everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[38:44] | I came home today | 我回到家里 |
[38:46] | after the speech of my life | 想着今天的绝世演说 |
[38:48] | and I got super depressed | 然后非常郁闷 |
[38:50] | when I realized the only person | 因为我意识到恶心人托尼 |
[38:52] | I had to share it with was Gross Tony. | 是唯一能和我分享这件事的人 |
[38:54] | So, you’re here because you hate your roommate? | 所以 你来这里是因为痛恨自己的室友 |
[38:59] | I can’t get a drink tonight. | 我今晚不能喝酒 |
[39:01] | I’m not here for a drink. | 我不是来找你喝酒 |
[39:03] | I’m here because until today, | 我来这是因为目前为止 |
[39:05] | I’ve lived my entire life doing things because they’re easy. | 我这辈子都一帆风顺 |
[39:09] | School, jobs, girls. | 上学 工作 恋爱 |
[39:12] | Not you. | 除了你 |
[39:14] | You’re opinionated. | 你固执己见 |
[39:17] | And strong and you’re sharp. | 强势 而且犀利 |
[39:20] | You’re so sharp. | 你那么犀利 |
[39:21] | I mean, it scares the crap out of me how sharp you are. | 犀利到我都被你震惊了 |
[39:24] | And then that scares the crap out of me, | 然后我又被自己的震惊而震惊 |
[39:26] | which is why I joke. | 所以我才会开玩笑 |
[39:27] | And I pretend like I’m just messing with you. | 假装我只是跟你玩玩 |
[39:29] | When really, I want to be serious about you. | 其实 我真心想跟你交往 |
[39:33] | Serious enough to say the most sincere, awkward, | 真心到可以说出 人类能说出口的 |
[39:37] | weird thing one human can say to another, which is… | 最真诚 尴尬又奇怪的话 那就是… |
[39:42] | What’s wrong? Is this not working? | 怎么回事 难道不管用吗 |
[39:44] | I had a nightmare about this. | 我做噩梦梦到了这一幕 |
[39:47] | Win proposed to me tonight. | 温今晚跟我求婚了 |
[39:50] | I said yes. | 我答应了 |
[39:59] | Is he here right now? | 他现在在这里吗 |
[40:04] | Oh, God, this is worse than the nightmare. | 天哪 这比噩梦还可怕 |
[40:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[40:08] | I mean, I’m not sorry. I’m happy. | 我是说 我不遗憾 我很高兴 |
[40:11] | I just… | 我只是… |
[40:13] | feel bad for you. | 为你感到难过 |
[40:14] | No, don’t, don’t. No. I’ll be fine. | 别这样 我没事 |
[40:24] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[40:31] | Is that something I can ask about or not? | 是我可以问的事情吗 |
[40:35] | No, it’s actually my book. | 没有 其实这关乎我的书 |
[40:36] | I was able to get back to it today. | 我今天终于有机会重新动工了 |
[40:42] | Did they actually move up your deadline? | 他们真的给你提前截稿日期了吗 |
[40:45] | No. | 没有 |
[40:47] | I’m sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[40:50] | Well, now that I sort of know what you’re doing, | 既然我大概知道你在做什么了 |
[40:54] | how much can I know about what you’re doing? | 我能知道多少内幕 |
[40:57] | How much do you want to know? | 你想知道多少 |
[40:59] | Not much. | 不多 |
[41:03] | This can work, right? | 没问题的 对吧 |
[41:04] | You and the NSA? | 你和国家安全局 |
[41:08] | We’ll give it a shot. | 总要试一试的 |
[41:09] | If it doesn’t work, they can find another | 要是不行 他们可以另找一位 |
[41:10] | brilliant religious scholar | 才华横溢的宗教学者 |
[41:11] | who’s married to someone in the presidential cabinet. | 同时老婆还任职于总统内阁 |
[41:22] | It’s the life we signed up for, right? | 这是我们选择的生活 对吧 |
[41:24] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[41:26] | We’ll figure it out eventually. | 我们总会找到解决办法的 |
[41:28] | We will, right? | 我们会的 对不对 |
[41:36] | What are we gonna do about Stevie? | 我们该拿斯蒂芬怎么办 |
[41:39] | That’s it, I can’t stand the thought | 一想到她居然会以为我出轨了 |
[41:40] | of her thinking I would cheat on you. | 我就一身不自在 |
[41:41] | I know, but now there’s something bigger at stake. | 我明白 但是该做的还是要做 |
[41:44] | I-I’ve got to go talk to her. | 我要找她谈谈 |
[41:48] | I think she needs to hear it from me. | 我觉得应该我去 |
[42:03] | Your father’s not having an affair. | 你父亲没有出轨 |
[42:06] | So, what did he tell you? | 他怎么跟你说的 |
[42:08] | She’s a grad student, right? | 那是他的研究生 对吧 |
[42:09] | Honestly, Mom, how naive are you? | 说真的 妈妈 你有多天真 |
[42:13] | If you enjoy your privacy as much as you claim, | 如果你真的像你说的那样需要隐私 |
[42:17] | then please respect ours. | 也请你尊重我们的 |
[42:19] | Besides, Stevie, | 另外 斯蒂芬 |
[42:20] | if I really thought your dad was cheating, | 如果我真的觉得你父亲出轨了 |
[42:22] | do you think he’d still be breathing? | 你觉得他还能活着吗 |
[42:24] | Let alone living here? | 更别说还住在家里 |
[42:25] | Maybe you’re not interpreting things correctly. | 也许是你不会分析事情 |
[42:28] | I was a CIA analyst. | 我当年是中情局的分析员 |
[42:31] | You’re entitled to your judgments. | 你有资格做出你的判断 |
[42:33] | But not to explanations. | 但没资格要求解释 |
[42:35] | And you’re grounded for being 20 and drunk in a bar. | 还有因为未成年酗酒 你被禁足了 |
[42:38] | Yes, Daisy told me. | 没错 戴西告诉我了 |
[42:39] | Under great duress by the way. | 顺便说句 是我逼问出来的 |
[42:41] | You can’t ground me. I have to work. | 你不能禁足我 我要去工作 |
[42:43] | Work and home. Two weeks. | 允许你去工作 禁足两周 |
[42:44] | This is ridiculous. | 太可笑了 |
[42:45] | I’m an adult. | 我是成年人了 |
[42:47] | I guess that’s why most adults | 所以大部分的成年人 |
[42:48] | don’t live with their parents. | 不跟爸妈住一块 |
[42:54] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[42:59] | I’m really glad about Dad. | 我很高兴爸爸没出轨 |
[43:01] | It was horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[43:05] | I am really sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[43:07] | you had to go through that. | 让你经历这些 |
[43:16] | You’re still grounded. | 但是禁足还是要的 |