时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Heavy fighting continues today in Northern Iraq, | 在伊拉克北部仍有持续激烈交火 |
[00:08] | as Kurdish Peshmerga try to dislodge fighters | 库尔德自由斗士试图把 |
[00:10] | from the so-called Islamic State, or ISIS, | 来自ISIS伊斯兰国的战士 |
[00:13] | from areas around the oil-rich city of Kirkuk. | 驱逐出盛产石油的基尔库克市 |
[00:16] | A delegation from the newly created government of Iraq | 伊拉克新政府委派的代表团 |
[00:19] | has arrived in the Capitol. | 现已抵达国会大厦 |
[00:21] | They’ll be meeting with Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord | 他们将先与国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德会面 |
[00:24] | before moving on to the White House | 接着前往白宫请求进一步支援 |
[00:26] | to appeal for more help in their fight against the insurgent | 对抗逊尼派伊斯兰组织 |
[00:29] | Sunni Islamist group ISIS. | ISIS叛军 |
[00:32] | Their request comes | 本次支援情愿的起因 |
[00:33] | against the backdrop of insurgent gains in the Anbar Province, | 为叛军成功占领安巴尔省 |
[00:36] | scene of some of the heaviest fighting | 本次交火达到美方参与伊拉克政局 |
[00:38] | during the US’s ten-year engagement in Iraq. | 十年以来前所未有的激烈程度 |
[00:41] | Marines took heavy losses | 海军陆战队在2004年间 |
[00:43] | in two separate battles | 在两场试图从逊尼派叛军手中 |
[00:44] | to wrest control of Fallujah from Sunni insurgents in 2004, | 重夺费卢杰市的战役中伤亡惨重 |
[00:48] | but now the city is effectively ruled by ISIS. | 但现今费卢杰市已被伊斯兰国控制 |
[00:51] | President Dalton is reportedly weighing whether to redeploy | 据报道 道尔顿总统正在权衡是否 |
[00:54] | US troops in what the administration insists… | 再次派遣美国军队 行政部门坚称… |
[00:57] | Morning. | 早 |
[00:58] | Hey. | 早 |
[01:01] | The Serious Mom Face. | 怎么摆着一副严肃母亲大人的脸 |
[01:04] | No. | 没事 |
[01:05] | So, uh… | 那个… |
[01:07] | be honest, how worried should I be about ISIS? | 老实说 我该担心伊斯兰国的事吗 |
[01:13] | You let me worry about ISIS. | 伊斯兰国的事让我担心就行 |
[01:14] | You worry about getting your dad up at 7:00. | 你要担心的是在七点的时候叫醒你爸爸 |
[01:16] | He’s got a flight to catch. | 他要赶飞机 |
[01:17] | All right, fine. | 好吧 |
[01:18] | Keep your walls up. | 嘴风够严实的啊 |
[01:21] | What are you talking about? | 你这话什么意思 |
[01:22] | We talk about stuff all the time. | 我们一直都有谈论各类事情啊 |
[01:24] | What are you doing today? | 你今天打算干什么 |
[01:26] | Work, obviously. | 显然 我得工作 |
[01:27] | Oh. Right. | 也对 |
[01:29] | So, do they have a, um, | 你工作的餐厅 |
[01:31] | a dress code there, or is it… | 有着装要求吗 还是… |
[01:33] | Mom! | 妈妈 |
[01:34] | What? | 什么 |
[01:35] | Okay, okay, I will let it go, | 好吧 我就不跟你计较了 |
[01:37] | because you have a really big day with the Iraqis, but… | 你今天得应付那帮伊拉克人 |
[01:40] | just for the sake of world peace, | 为了世界和平起见 |
[01:42] | can you please promise me that you’ll be a little bit less | 能答应我在和他们谈话的时候 |
[01:45] | passive-aggressive when you talk to them? | 别采用太多的消极性攻击好吧 |
[01:47] | That outfit just doesn’t say “front of the house” to me. | 你这身打扮一点也不像前台招待 |
[01:49] | There — all aggressive, no passive. | 看 够直接了吧 这可一点不消极 |
[01:51] | – Mom, I know what I’m doing. I mean… – I know. | -妈妈 我心中有数 -我知道 |
[01:53] | You look very cute. | 你穿这身很好看 |
[01:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:56] | Just a little casual. | 只是太休闲了点 |
[01:57] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[01:58] | Stopping. | 马上闭嘴 |
[02:06] | Good morning, Ma’am. | 早上好 国务卿 |
[02:07] | Normally, I’m the first one in, | 通常最早到的都是我 |
[02:09] | but this is the…fifth day in a row | 但今天是连续第五天 |
[02:12] | you’ve gotten here before me. | 您比我早到了 |
[02:13] | Just prepping my remarks for the Iraqi delegation. | 只是在准备一会跟伊拉克代表团的讲话 |
[02:16] | Isn’t that mostly a photo op? | 这不是个形式性的宣传访问吗 |
[02:18] | Is there something wrong with what Matt worked up? | 马特写的稿子有问题吗 |
[02:21] | Can I help you with something, Nadine? | 你找我有事吗 纳丁 |
[02:24] | I know you’ve been getting here early | 我知道您早来是为了 |
[02:26] | to investigate Secretary Marsh. | 调查国务卿马什 |
[02:28] | There was very little about him | 关于他的一切 |
[02:30] | that I didn’t know, so… | 少有我不知道的 所以… |
[02:32] | maybe I could help you. | 也许我能帮得上忙 |
[02:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:38] | Why, on the last day of his life, | 为什么在他去世那天 |
[02:40] | did he change his itinerary and fly to Venezuela? | 他要改变行程 飞去委内瑞拉 |
[02:43] | He said he had family business to tend to. | 他说他有家事要处理 |
[02:46] | Could that have been a cover for something else? | 这有可能是托词吗 |
[02:48] | Maybe something about his plans to run for President? | 也许跟他试图参与总统竞选事宜有关 |
[02:51] | Maybe he was meeting with future donors or funder… | 也许他是去见未来的资助人 |
[02:57] | Oh, Nadine, I’m… | 纳丁 我很… |
[03:00] | I’m really sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[03:05] | You’re certain he was planning to run? | 你确定他有意参选吗 |
[03:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:13] | I don’t know why he went to Venezuela, | 我不知道他为什么要去委内瑞拉 |
[03:15] | other than what he told me…which was probably a lie. | 除却他告诉我的原因 看来那也是谎话 |
[03:19] | And I’m certainly a fool, so… | 显然是我犯傻了 所以… |
[03:23] | I suppose I can’t help you after all. | 看来我是帮不上什么忙了 |
[03:25] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[03:30] | Every six months, there’s a protocol breakfast | 每六个月 都会有为新任 |
[03:32] | for the new Foreign Service officers… | 驻外机关事务局人员举办的早餐会 |
[03:34] | where they learn the food etiquette of their new postings. | 他们能以此学会驻地的用餐礼仪 |
[03:36] | Seems like a solid use of taxpayer dollars. | 纳税人的钱用得有够”恰当”的 |
[03:38] | Come on, hurry up. | 走吧 快点 |
[03:39] | Like if you find yourself in Denmark | 如果你身处丹麦 |
[03:40] | and you’re served ymer, | 有人给你上了伊米尔 |
[03:41] | you shouldn’t complain that it tastes like sour milk. | 你不该抱怨它跟酸奶一个味 |
[03:43] | What’s ymer? | 伊米尔是什么 |
[03:44] | Sour milk. The point is, you should | 酸奶 重点是你得学会 |
[03:46] | be prepared to eat your ymer like a native. | 像本地人一样享用伊米尔 |
[03:48] | Oh, and how’s that? | 那要怎么吃 |
[03:49] | On kammerjunker, obviously. | 当然是放在丹麦饼干上 |
[03:50] | Obviously. | 当然了 |
[03:50] | No, just forget about the ymer. | 先别管伊米尔了 |
[03:52] | You’re the one who keeps bringing up ymer. | 是你一直在说伊米尔 |
[03:53] | What we’re here for, my good man, | 兄弟 我们来这的目的是 |
[03:54] | are the Chinese pork dumplings. | 中式猪肉饺子 |
[03:56] | They’re pretty much the best in the world. | 绝对是世上顶尖的美味 |
[03:57] | So be cool and act like you’re in the Foreign Service, okay? | 镇定点 装作是驻外机关事务局的官员 |
[04:01] | Wait…why aren’t you eating dumplings? | 等等 你怎么不去吃饺子 |
[04:03] | They’re not all gone, are they? | 不会是都被抢完了吧 |
[04:04] | God, I told you to walk faster! | 该死的 就说让你走快点嘛 |
[04:05] | I’ve had no coffee. | 我今天还没喝咖啡呢 |
[04:06] | Okay, actually, Win is getting them for me. | 其实是温去帮我拿了 |
[04:09] | Win? | 温 |
[04:10] | Win, as in Win your fiance? | 温是指你的未婚夫吗 |
[04:12] | Yes, and he wants to meet you. | 是的 而且他还想见你呢 |
[04:14] | Yes, and that’s not going to happen. | 好极了 绝对不行 |
[04:17] | Wait, wait, you guys talk about me? | 等等 你们还会聊起我吗 |
[04:18] | Oh, my gosh. | 天呐 |
[04:19] | Chinese dumpling drama. | 典型的中式饺子闹剧 |
[04:20] | So…bye-bye. | 你们慢聊 |
[04:21] | Save me some dumplings. | 给我留点饺子 |
[04:22] | Look, he doesn’t know anything about us, | 听着 他对我们的事情毫不知情 |
[04:24] | so just relax. | 所以别紧张 |
[04:25] | Absolutely — just on a different floor. | 没问题 我换个地方不紧张 |
[04:27] | Hey, it is really crazy in there. | 里面真的抢疯了 |
[04:30] | Never get between government workers and free food. | 千万别跟公务员抢免费食物吃 |
[04:32] | Babe, this is Matt. | 亲爱的 这是马特 |
[04:34] | – The famous Matt. Win Barrington. – Nice to meet you. | -久仰大名啊 温·巴灵顿 -幸会 |
[04:36] | I know, I know, I look like a walking stereotype. Right? | 我知道 我一看就像个推销员吧 |
[04:39] | Medical marijuana lobbyist with the munchies. | 好吃的医用大麻说客 |
[04:44] | Daisy’s told me so much about you. | 戴西经常提起你 |
[04:47] | – Has she? – Oh, yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[04:52] | Dumpling? | 吃饺子吗 |
[04:56] | Obviously, Prime Minister Arif | 很显然 阿里夫总理 |
[04:57] | – will be immediately to your right… – But… | -肯定是坐您右边 -但是… |
[04:59] | …Hasan, Defense Minister, already hates | 国防部长哈桑 他很不满 |
[05:02] | that a Sunni is Prime Minister, | 让逊尼派人士当总理 |
[05:03] | when the Shia have three times the population. | 毕竟什叶派人口数是逊尼派的三倍 |
[05:05] | So he’ll be damned if he’s going to be | 所以如果把他安排在 |
[05:07] | tucked away to the right of Arif | 阿里夫右边他会生气 |
[05:08] | while the new Oil Minister, Barakat, | 因为新任的石油部长巴拉卡特 |
[05:11] | who’s a Kurd, is on my left. | 一个库尔德人 坐我左边 |
[05:12] | Am I right? | 我说得[我坐右边]对吗 |
[05:14] | Now you’re just messing with me. | 您在拿我开心呢 |
[05:15] | But the Kurds are the only | 但库尔德人是唯一 |
[05:16] | really reliably pro-Western contingent. | 真正支持西方的代表团 |
[05:18] | Yeah. Not to mention | 是啊 更别说 |
[05:19] | the most effective fighters against ISIS. | 也是对抗伊斯兰国最有成效的民族 |
[05:21] | So there’s a case to be made for Barakat | 所以应该让巴拉卡特 |
[05:23] | to be in the second most prestigious spot, on your left. | 站第二重要的位置 也就是您左边 |
[05:26] | Well, good thing they haven’t all been on a plane | 他们还得一起乘坐 |
[05:29] | for 15 hours together. | 十五小时的飞机啊 |
[05:30] | Otherwise, they might be edgy or something. | 不定到时候有多心烦意乱的 |
[05:33] | I mean, if these guys can’t even manage a photograph, | 如果这些人连张合影都拍不成 |
[05:35] | I don’t know how they’re going to form | 真不知道怎么才能组建一支 |
[05:37] | an integrated army against ISIS. | 镇压伊斯兰国的联军 |
[05:39] | Well, the fact that they all traveled here together | 他们能一起飞来美国 |
[05:40] | is a great sign, | 就是好兆头 |
[05:41] | and the picture will send an important signal of unity. | 合影也会向全世界传达他们合作的决心 |
[05:45] | If their new government doesn’t collapse when someone makes bunny ears. | 前提是他们比兔耳朵的时候别打起来 |
[05:48] | Ma’am, your daughter’s here. | 国务卿 您女儿来了 |
[05:49] | I see that. | 看到了 |
[05:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[05:51] | Well, they’re probably downstairs, | 他们大概已经到楼下了 |
[05:53] | – so I will send them up. – Good. | -那我去喊他们上来 -好 |
[05:55] | Hi. You on break or something? | 嗨 你是在午休吗 |
[05:57] | Okay, you were right. | 好吧 你说得对 |
[05:59] | Let’s get that over with. | 我们翻篇吧 |
[06:00] | You’re going back to college? | 你要回去上大学了吗 |
[06:01] | – Not funny. – Sorry. | -呵呵 -对不起 |
[06:03] | About my shirt. | 是我的衣服 |
[06:04] | My manager told me that I had to change. | 经理跟我说要换一件 |
[06:06] | He even used the words “too casual”. | 他甚至说”太休闲了” |
[06:09] | So if you want to gloat, just get it over now. | 你要是想幸灾乐祸 赶快笑吧 |
[06:10] | I’m not gloating. | 我没幸灾乐祸 |
[06:11] | I didn’t want to be right. | 我也不想说中啊 |
[06:12] | Okay, well, if I had listened to you, | 如果我早听你话 |
[06:14] | then I wouldn’t be here now, asking you for $50. | 也不会跑来这里 问你要五十美元了 |
[06:16] | Fifty dollars? | 五十美元吗 |
[06:17] | I can’t go all the way back home. | 我不能大老远回家去 |
[06:18] | I mean, I would miss more than half of my shift. And all of my | 那会耽误半天班的 我的正装 |
[06:21] | – front of house clothes are dirty. – I don’t know | -也都是脏的 -我不知道 |
[06:22] | – if I have the cash. – So I-I just didn’t plan ahead. | -有没有现金 -没料到会这样 |
[06:24] | What about your credit card? | 你的信用卡呢 |
[06:25] | I think we can call this an emergency. | 我觉得这算紧急情况了 |
[06:27] | It’s maxed out. | 刷爆了 |
[06:28] | Your emergency credit card is maxed out? | 你把应急卡刷爆了吗 |
[06:31] | – Did I sleep through some emergencies along the way? – Mom. | -我是错过什么紧急事件了吗 -妈 |
[06:32] | – Can we not? – I think I have a right to ask | -能别说了吗 -我有权问 |
[06:34] | – where our money’s gone. – Ma’am? | -自己的钱去哪了 -国务卿 |
[06:35] | – Okay, pl… – Ma’am. | -行了 -国务卿 |
[06:36] | The Iraqi delegation has arrived. | 伊拉克代表团到了 |
[06:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:41] | Please don’t give me that look. | 请别这样看着我 |
[06:43] | I cannot put a foot right with you. | 我真是做什么都错 |
[06:45] | It’s exhausting to live with. | 你也太难处了 |
[06:47] | You want me to move out? | 你想让我搬出去吗 |
[06:48] | No. God… | 不 天啊 |
[06:50] | can we do this later? Please? | 我们能回头再吵吗 行吗 |
[06:52] | Or not at all, maybe? | 或者就别吵了 |
[06:53] | I mean, if you want to, we will — | 我是说如果你想吵 我奉陪 |
[06:54] | we-we don’t have to. I don’t want to. | 但我们不是非得吵 我是不想 |
[06:56] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[06:57] | Are we good? | 我们没事吧 |
[06:58] | – Sure. – Good. | -没事 -很好 |
[07:04] | And here she is now. Secretary McCord. | 国务卿麦考德来了 |
[07:10] | Wh-where can I get a blouse near here for $50? | 这周围哪有卖五十美元衬衫的地方 |
[07:14] | I don’t think you can. | 恐怕没有 |
[07:15] | Although the gift shop downstairs sells T-shirts | 不过楼下的礼品店有卖 |
[07:17] | that say “State of Confusion”. | 印着”雾里看花”的汗衫 |
[07:20] | God, I’m running out of time. | 天啊 我要没时间了 |
[07:21] | I am so gonna get fired. | 绝对要被炒了 |
[07:24] | Well, uh… | 其实… |
[07:25] | I have an extra…like, a dressier blouse | 我这还有一件 |
[07:27] | that I keep in a stash for your mom. | 你妈妈备用的正装衬衫 |
[07:29] | Maybe that’ll work? | 你要吗 |
[07:31] | Yeah. Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[07:34] | I guess I just grovelled for nothing. | 我真是白求她了 |
[07:37] | Well, it’s good training for a career in Washington. | 也算为在华盛顿上班做职业培训了 |
[07:39] | – Well, yeah. Not interested. – Smart girl. | -我没兴趣 -聪明 |
[07:43] | “Win”. What kind of stupid name is… | “温” 这算哪门子… |
[07:46] | Hey, Matty. | 你好 小马 |
[07:48] | Win! Hey. | 温 你好 |
[07:53] | Daisy’s not here. | 戴西不在这 |
[07:54] | Obviously. | 你也看得到 |
[07:56] | She’s probably down in the press room. | 可能在楼下的新闻发布室吧 |
[07:58] | I didn’t actually come here today to speak to her. | 实际上我今天来不是找她的 |
[08:01] | Because you came for the dumplings? | 是来吃饺子的吗 |
[08:03] | I came to speak to you. | 是来找你的 |
[08:06] | Oh? Why is, um, why’s that? | 是吗 有…有何贵干 |
[08:09] | Well, it’s about Daisy. | 是戴西的事 |
[08:11] | Well, you and Daisy. | 你和戴西的事 |
[08:15] | May I? | 我能进来吗 |
[08:21] | All right. | 好了 |
[08:23] | How about this one? | 这件呢 |
[08:24] | A little too Dolly Madison. | 太总统夫人朵莉·麦迪逊的风格了 |
[08:26] | Waiters can’t be choosers. | 服务员还挑三拣四 |
[08:28] | I’m a hostess. | 我是女招待 |
[08:30] | Oh. Not for long, if you don’t get going. | 如果你还不走 那也长不了 |
[08:32] | All right, you’re gonna wear this one. | 好吧 那穿这件 |
[08:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:36] | Oh, I wish you were my assistant. | 真希望你是我的助理 |
[08:40] | I don’t. | 我不希望 |
[08:44] | Blake, any calls about the Meat Market? | 布莱克 肉食市场有电话吗 |
[08:48] | The…I’m sorry? | 什…什么 |
[08:49] | Today is the first day of a week-long period | 本周从今天开始 |
[08:51] | where the department matches | 各部门将为海外服役 |
[08:52] | its Foreign Service officers with their postings abroad. | 分派新驻地 |
[08:55] | Yeah, I’m aware of that. | 这我知道 |
[08:56] | I just wasn’t aware that we called it “The Meat Market”. | 我只想问为什么要叫”肉食市场” |
[08:58] | Every year, a few officers are unhappy with their postings | 每年都有几个官员不满意他们的驻地 |
[09:01] | and they call up here to complain. | 打电话来这里抱怨 |
[09:03] | Shouldn’t that be a Bureau of Human Resources problem? | 那不应该是人力资源局的问题吗 |
[09:06] | Human Resources, in their habitual defensive crouch, | 人力资源 以他们的自保习惯 |
[09:10] | tends to lead these unhappy officers to believe | 总会引导那些不满的官员 |
[09:13] | there is wiggle room when it comes to their postings, | 让他们认为分派驻地还有回转余地 |
[09:16] | but there is not. | 但其实根本没有 |
[09:18] | Well, no one’s complained yet, so… | 还没人抱怨 所以… |
[09:21] | maybe they’re still busy eating their ymer. | 也许他们还在忙着吃伊米尔呢 |
[09:25] | Have anyone who calls about a difficult posting come up here. | 有任何关于驻地问题的电话都叫他们上来 |
[09:29] | – I’ll deal with them myself. – Okay. | -我亲自处理 -好 |
[09:32] | Prime Minister Arif. | 阿里夫总理 |
[09:34] | Minister Hasan. | 哈桑部长 |
[09:37] | Minister Barakat. | 巴拉卡特部长 |
[09:39] | It is a hopeful sign | 你们能齐聚这里 |
[09:40] | for your proud nation and the rest of the world | 对你们伟大国家和世界其他国家 |
[09:43] | that you’ve traveled here together. | 都竖起了希望的标志 |
[09:47] | We welcome you to the United States. | 欢迎各位来到美国 |
[09:52] | “Thank you so much for your gracious words.” | “非常感谢您的亲切问候” |
[09:54] | Insh’Allah, we will welcome you | 真主在上 我们会在不久的将来某天 |
[09:56] | to a peaceful Iraq one day very soon. | 欢迎您来到和平的伊拉克 |
[10:00] | I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[10:02] | If you could please direct your attention to the camera? | 请各位看镜头好吗 |
[10:05] | You have never been to Iraq before, Madam Secretary? | 您从没去过伊拉克吧 国务卿女士 |
[10:09] | No, I haven’t. | 是的 没去过 |
[10:12] | Mike Hirst. Welcome to the Sandbox. | 我是迈克·赫斯特 欢迎来到沙盒 |
[10:14] | Oh, thanks, Mike. | 谢谢 迈克 |
[10:15] | They speak highly of you at Langley. | 兰利[中情局总部]那边对你评价很高 |
[10:17] | Yeah, the brass is big on you, too. | 他们对你的评价也很不错 |
[10:18] | Best analyst they got. | 说是他们最好的分析师 |
[10:19] | Real killer, they say. | 真心厉害[杀手] |
[10:20] | Well, I don’t know about that. | 那我可说不准 |
[10:22] | Yeah, neither do I — | 我也不知道 |
[10:22] | ’cause out here, we are real killers. | 在这里 我们都是实打实的杀手 |
[10:24] | And quite frankly, I don’t know what I’m gonna do | 而且说实话 我也不知道 |
[10:26] | with another desk jockey from Langley. | 再来一个兰利的文职人员有什么用 |
[10:27] | Depends on how badly | 我想那要看你有多想 |
[10:29] | you want Safeer Al-Jamil, I guess. | 抓住萨菲尔·阿尔贾米尔了 |
[10:30] | Son of a bitch has blown up half of Baghdad, | 那个婊子养的已经炸掉半个巴格达了 |
[10:32] | so yeah, I want him. | 所以 我当然想抓到他 |
[10:33] | And, look, while I appreciate your new intel, | 虽然我很感谢你带来的新情报 |
[10:35] | I’m gonna tell you something… | 但我得跟你说… |
[10:35] | That’s right, Mike — my new intel. | 说得没错 迈克 我的新情报 |
[10:38] | I’ve been tracking Safeer for two years now, | 我已经追踪萨菲尔两年了 |
[10:40] | so when we bring him in, based on my intel, | 所以我们根据我的情报抓住萨菲尔后 |
[10:42] | Langley wants me to interrogate him. | 兰利希望我来审讯他 |
[10:44] | We clear about that? | 我们说清楚了吗 |
[10:46] | Yes, sir. | 当然 长官 |
[10:47] | Real killer. | 真正的杀手 |
[10:49] | Get away from the windows! | 远离窗户 |
[10:50] | Fred? What’s going on? | 弗莱德 怎么了 |
[10:52] | We’ve got an active shooter situation, Ma’am. | 我们遇到了活动枪手 国务卿 |
[10:54] | We’re in a lockdown. | 此处已戒严了 |
[10:55] | All we know is, he’s armed and he’s outside. | 我们只知道他装备了武器 正在活动 |
[10:57] | Until we know it’s safe… | 除非我们确定了安全… |
[10:58] | – What about Stevie? – We found her, Ma’am. She’s safe. | -斯蒂芬呢 -找到她了 国务卿 她很安全 |
[11:16] | Alice Millevoi? | 爱丽丝·米莉弗 |
[11:17] | Um, yes? | 是的 |
[11:19] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[11:20] | You’re the Secretary’s chief of staff. | 你是国务卿的参谋长 |
[11:22] | So you know how busy I am. Let’s cut to the chase. | 所以你知道我有多忙 直接进入正题吧 |
[11:25] | Your assignment to Portugal has been cancelled, | 你去葡萄牙的委派被取消了 |
[11:27] | and you’ve been reassigned to Angola. | 你被重新派往安哥拉 |
[11:29] | – What? I… – You are the only person | -什么 我… -你是唯一 |
[11:30] | available with the experience | 符合经验要求 |
[11:32] | and language skills required, | 和语言要求的人 |
[11:33] | so there is no room for appeal. | 所以没有什么申诉空间了 |
[11:36] | But I’ve looked at your file, | 但我看过你的档案 |
[11:37] | and you are well-prepared to handle this post. | 你对这个岗位的准备很充分 |
[11:40] | I’m sorry, but the decision is final. | 我很抱歉 但这是最终决定 |
[11:42] | So if you’ll excuse me, | 所以如果可以 |
[11:44] | I have other matters to tend to. | 麻烦让我处理其他事吧 |
[11:45] | Sorry, ma’am, but I’m a bit confused. | 对不起 女士 但我有点迷糊 |
[11:46] | I was assured… | 但他们跟我保证… |
[11:47] | We all have our disappointments, Ms. Millevoi. | 我们都有失望的时候 米莉弗女士 |
[11:49] | Thank you for your service, and good luck in Angola. | 感谢你的辛勤工作 祝你在安哥拉好运 |
[11:53] | An active shooter situation, ma’am. We’re in a lockdown. | 有活动枪手 女士 戒严了 |
[11:55] | What? Well, I need to get to the Secretary. | 什么 可我得去找国务卿 |
[11:57] | She’s being secured, ma’am. But until the threat is resolved, | 她被保护起来了 女士 但在威胁解除前 |
[12:00] | everyone is required to shelter in place. | 所有人都要在原地避险 |
[12:14] | Gentlemen, I know this is unusual, | 先生们 我知道现在情况非同寻常 |
[12:18] | but not to worry. | 但不要担心 |
[12:19] | This is a secure building; the windows are bulletproof. | 这栋建筑很安全 窗户是防弹的 |
[12:24] | They’re asking that we remain | 他们要求我们待在这里 |
[12:27] | here until the threat is lifted. | 直到危险解除 |
[12:31] | It will give us a better chance | 这给了我们很好的机会 |
[12:34] | to get to know one another. | 来好好了解彼此 |
[12:45] | 他以为我是那个保住了自己工作的 腐败什叶派 | |
[12:51] | You must be exhausted from your travels. Can I | 你们长途旅行一定累了 我能 |
[12:54] | invite you to have something to drink? | 邀请你们喝点东西吗 |
[12:57] | Uh, we have some water, | 我们有水 |
[13:00] | tea, fruit juice… | 茶 果汁… |
[13:05] | – He says… – I agree. | -他说… -我同意 |
[13:06] | But I don’t keep anything stronger in the office. | 但我办公室不放烈性饮料 |
[13:16] | You speak Arabic? | 您懂阿拉伯语 |
[13:17] | Not as well as you speak English, I’m afraid. Come, please. | 恐怕不如你英语说得好 各位请吧 |
[13:20] | Of course she speaks Arabic. | 她当然懂阿拉伯语 |
[13:22] | Everyone knows that. | 谁都知道 |
[13:25] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[13:26] | please excuse the Prime Minister’s translator. | 请原谅总理的翻译吧 |
[13:29] | My translator has more manners, | 我的翻译比他有礼貌得多 |
[13:31] | but he’s downstairs with the rest of my entourage. | 但现在在楼下 跟我其他随员在一起 |
[13:34] | My apologies, Madam Secretary. | 我很抱歉 国务卿女士 |
[13:36] | Please, come. | 请进来吧 |
[13:42] | Of course I’m not making it up. | 当然不是我编的 |
[13:45] | You didn’t like my shirt, so I came to my mom’s office. | 你不喜欢我的衬衫 所以我来我妈妈办公室 |
[13:48] | And now there’s a guy with a gun outside. | 现在有个家伙拿着枪在外头 |
[13:52] | Well, I’m sorry | 真是对不起 |
[13:53] | that I don’t sound more nervous, Dave. | 我听起来不够慌张 戴夫 |
[13:57] | Okay, yeah. I’ll call…I’ll call Meghan, and-and I’ll… | 好 我…给梅根打电话 然后… |
[14:00] | ask if she can cover for me. | 看看她能不能帮我代班 |
[14:06] | If my mom had just saved the lecture | 要是我妈能少训我一顿 |
[14:08] | and just given me the stupid 50 bucks, | 直接给我五十块钱 |
[14:10] | I might actually be at work already. | 我现在说不定已经到餐厅了 |
[14:13] | Or you might be some nut job’s hostage. | 或者你会被某个疯子绑架做人质 |
[14:14] | Well, arguably, I’m kind of my mom’s hostage, so… | 可以说我现在已经被我妈绑架了 |
[14:17] | I can think of worse people to be held hostage by. | 被她绑架比被任何人绑架都好 |
[14:20] | Again, a deranged gunman comes to mind. | 第一个想到的还是持枪的疯子 |
[14:23] | Not my business but… | 虽然不关我的事但是 |
[14:25] | she’s not trying to be on your case. | 她不是存心插手你的生活的 |
[14:26] | I think she just wants you to… | 我觉得她只是想让你 |
[14:28] | find your thing. | 找到你自己喜欢做的事 |
[14:30] | Wait, she talks to you about me? | 她跟你说过我的事吗 |
[14:35] | I was really worried. I’m so glad | 我太担心了 真高兴 |
[14:37] | you are still here. | 你还在这 |
[14:38] | Yeah, yeah. My flagrant irresponsibility | 是啊 我强大的不负责任的天性 |
[14:41] | might have saved my life. | 说不定还救了我一命 |
[14:42] | God, I hate that we left in a fight. | 我们刚刚还在吵架 想着我都后悔 |
[14:44] | – You know I adore you, right? – Yeah. | -你知道我爱你的吧 -知道 |
[14:47] | Do me a favor, | 帮我个忙 |
[14:48] | call your dad and your brother and your sister. | 打电话给你爸爸和弟弟妹妹 |
[14:50] | Tell ’em that we’re fine… | 告诉他们我们没事 |
[14:51] | Already left word. | 已经留言了 |
[14:52] | Thanks, Blake. Okay. | 谢了 布莱克 |
[14:54] | – I have to head back in. You’re good? – Okay. | -我得回去了 你在这没事吗 -好 |
[14:56] | – You just… hang tight, okay? – Yeah. | -耐心等待 好吗 -好 |
[14:59] | Is that my blouse? Looks good. | 那是我的衬衫吗 看上去不错 |
[15:10] | Well, this is just fantastic. | 真是棒极了 |
[15:16] | So, Matt… | 马特 |
[15:18] | on a scale of one to ten, | 满分十分来看 |
[15:22] | how much do you love Daisy? | 你对黛西的爱有几分 |
[15:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:36] | That’s-that’s a complicated question. | 这个问题比较复杂 |
[15:37] | Oh, wait, before you start… | 先别说 等等 |
[15:43] | Okay, shoot. | 好了 说吧 |
[15:43] | I’m sorry, what’s happening? | 不好意思 这是干什么 |
[15:46] | Oh, I’m-I’m sorry, man. | 不好意思 哥们 |
[15:47] | Uh, her birthday’s coming up. | 她快生日了 |
[15:49] | I’m gonna surprise her with a video. | 我想给她做段视频给她个惊喜 |
[15:50] | You know, all her best friends and colleagues | 你懂的 让她的好朋友和同事们 |
[15:52] | telling her how great she is. | 跟她说她有多棒 |
[15:54] | I totally thought I told you that already. | 我以为我早就跟你说过了 |
[15:56] | – Hmm, sorry, crispy brain. – That’s right. | -不好意思 一时脑抽了 -对哦 |
[15:59] | What did you think was happening? | 你以为发生什么了 |
[16:01] | No idea. | 我也不知道 |
[16:02] | I mean, uh, this whole situation has-has got me jumpy, you know? | 我是说 现在的状况搞得我很紧张 |
[16:05] | Deranged gunman outside, trapped in enclosed space… | 有个持枪的疯子在外面 把我们困在这里 |
[16:09] | Just try to relax. | 放松点 |
[16:10] | It’s all gonna be fine. | 一切都会没事的 |
[16:11] | That-that’s easy for you to say. | 你说得倒轻松 |
[16:13] | My heart’s racing, my mouth’s all dry. | 我的心狂跳 嘴巴都干了 |
[16:16] | You know, I’ll tell you the truth… | 你知道吗 我老实告诉你 |
[16:18] | when I get this nervous, I usually smoke a cigarette. | 我这么紧张的时候经常会抽根烟 |
[16:22] | I know, I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[16:23] | It’s a bad habit, super gross… sue me. | 这是个坏习惯 很恶心 不服你告我啊 |
[16:26] | Well, I don’t have any cigarettes, | 我没有香烟 |
[16:27] | but I do have some gum, if you want. | 不过如果你要的话我能给你些口香糖 |
[16:32] | Yeah, okay. | 那好吧 |
[16:35] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢了 -客气 |
[16:41] | It’s a real love-fest in here. | 这可真是一场”爱的盛宴”啊 |
[16:43] | Stay the course, Jay, stay the course. | 坚持一下 杰伊 坚持一下 |
[16:55] | You have been to Iraq. | 你去过伊拉克 |
[16:59] | Down! Get down on the ground! | 趴下 趴在地上 |
[17:01] | Down! Get down! | 趴下 全都趴下 |
[17:33] | I wasn’t sure until I heard you speak Arabic. | 听你讲阿拉伯语后我才敢确定 |
[17:36] | My cousin Safeer Al-Jamil was dragged away by coalition forces. | 联军把我的表兄萨菲尔·贾米尔带走了 |
[17:40] | And you were there. | 你当时在场 |
[17:42] | I was there, too. | 我也在场 |
[17:44] | And that was the last time I saw Safeer alive. | 那是萨菲尔生前我最后一次见到他 |
[17:56] | I’ve always had trouble | 我总是记不起来 |
[17:58] | with a particular passage | 我最喜欢的阿拉伯诗里的 |
[18:00] | one of my favorite Arabic poems. | 某一段该怎么读 |
[18:02] | But I think I have a copy of the book in my office. | 但我记得我办公室里有那本书 |
[18:06] | Would you mind? | 你能跟我一起去看看吗 |
[18:10] | Well, I would hate for your career | 我不希望看到你因一时冲动 |
[18:12] | to be ruined by one reckless moment. | 毁掉了自己的大好前程 |
[18:14] | I am going to tell you this one time. | 我只告诉你一遍 |
[18:17] | I was never in Iraq. | 我从来没去过伊拉克 |
[18:19] | Do you understand? | 懂了吗 |
[18:20] | And while I do know who your cousin was, | 不过我的确知道你的表兄 |
[18:24] | as to what happened to him… | 至于发生在他身上的事 |
[18:26] | Safeer, you should have stayed in London. | 萨菲尔 你应该留在伦敦的 |
[18:29] | instead of killing your own people, | 而不是回来残害你的同胞 |
[18:30] | you could be getting your degree in engineering, | 你本来能拿到工程师的文凭 |
[18:33] | thinking about settling down with that girl– | 想着跟那个姑娘安居乐业 |
[18:34] | what’s her name? Fiona. That’s right. | 叫什么来着 菲奥娜 对对 |
[18:37] | Oh yeah. | 没错 |
[18:39] | I know everything about you. | 我了解你的一切 |
[18:41] | Which is why you’re gonna tell me | 所以你得告诉我 |
[18:43] | when and where the next truck-bomb is set to go off, | 下一个卡车炸弹将在何时何地被引爆 |
[18:46] | so more innocent Muslims don’t have to die… | 从而可以拯救更多无辜的穆斯林 |
[18:58] | I honestly don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[19:00] | Now, if anybody asks, | 如果有人问起的话 |
[19:02] | you helped me translate a particularly thorny passage | 你就说你在帮我翻译卜吐力写的 |
[19:06] | of the Qasida, by Al-Buhturi. | 《夸西达》中的一段晦涩的文字 |
[19:08] | But we will never speak of this again, do you understand? | 但我们永远不会再谈论这件事了 懂了吗 |
[19:12] | Sorry, Mom? | 不好意思 妈妈 |
[19:13] | I just talked to Dad. | 我刚和爸爸通话 |
[19:14] | I just want to let you know, I-I told him | 我就想跟你说下 我告诉他 |
[19:16] | what’s going on. | 发生了什么事 |
[19:16] | Yeah, yeah. No, no, that’s great. | 不 挺好的 |
[19:17] | – Okay. – Okay. | -就这样 -好 |
[19:18] | All right, baby, I’ll check in with you later. | 好的 宝贝 我迟点再来看你 |
[19:21] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -那好 -谢谢 |
[19:37] | The standoff between police and gunman | 国务院外警察与枪手之间的 |
[19:39] | outside the State Department continues. | 僵持还在继续 |
[19:41] | No shots have been fired, | 至今还未开枪 |
[19:42] | the gunman is allegedly protesting a state visit | 据称枪手是为了抗议 |
[19:45] | by Iraq’s newly-elected leaders, with Secretary of… | 伊拉克新任总统与国务卿的… |
[19:49] | Okay, I’m just gonna say it… | 那我就直说了 |
[19:51] | this reassignment is unfair. | 这调任太不公平了 |
[19:53] | That’s your concern right now? | 这时候你还操心这个 |
[19:55] | Oh, you want to talk gunmen? | 你想谈枪手的事吗 |
[19:57] | I was held up in Afghanistan in 2003. | 03年的时候我被困在阿富汗 |
[19:59] | I barely made it out alive. | 几乎是死里逃生 |
[20:01] | Yes, and I see you received a commendation for it. | 是的 我知道你为此得到了嘉奖 |
[20:04] | And did you also see that they had to medevac me | 那你知不知道他们得派医疗直升机 |
[20:06] | out of Sierra Leone? | 把我送出塞拉利昂 |
[20:10] | I have worked here for nearly 30 years. | 我在这里工作了近30年 |
[20:12] | I have done my time in hardship posts, | 我多年被派遣到艰难的驻地 |
[20:14] | and I am very good at my job. | 我在工作上真的是一把好手 |
[20:16] | Don’t you think I deserve Portugal? | 你难道不觉得值得奖励我葡萄牙吗 |
[20:17] | The needs of this department and of this nation supersede | 国务院和国家的需求高于 |
[20:20] | any personal desires, | 任何个人的愿想 |
[20:22] | and the department needs you in Angola. | 现在国务院需要你去安哥拉 |
[20:26] | You’re the only one available with the necessary experience. | 只有你有足够的经验 |
[20:29] | You know what, Miss Tolliver? | 你知道吗 托利佛女士 |
[20:32] | They didn’t reassign me to Angola because of my skills. | 他们重新分配我去安哥拉并非因为我技艺高超 |
[20:36] | They reassigned me because I’m a woman, | 而是因为我是个女人 |
[20:38] | and because I’m single. | 一个单身女人 |
[20:47] | You’re gonna love this. | 你听到这个消息一定会很”高兴”的 |
[20:48] | The new Prime Minister’s men back in Iraq have arrested | 现任总理的人在伊拉克以腐败罪为名 |
[20:50] | the previous Oil Minister for corruption. | 逮捕了前任石油部长 |
[20:52] | So, his first official act is gonna be | 所以说 他的第一个官方行动是 |
[20:54] | to put a Shiite on trial? | 审讯一名什叶派教徒吗 |
[20:56] | Unbelievable. | 真难以置信 |
[20:57] | You see? | 看到了吗 |
[20:58] | You see, he waits until he is far from home | 他直到远离祖国才展开行动 |
[21:01] | because he knows he has broken his promise! | 因为他知道自己没有信守承诺 |
[21:06] | Gentlemen, gentlemen. | 先生们 先生们 |
[21:09] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[21:10] | If we could just calm… | 我们能否冷静一下 |
[21:13] | How long until the next call to prayer? | 到下一次祈祷还有多久 |
[21:16] | Too long. | 很久 |
[21:18] | So, in, um, these chats that you have without me… | 你们在背着我谈话的时候 |
[21:22] | what do you talk about? | 你们都谈了些什么 |
[21:24] | What a disappointment I am? | 我有多令人失望吗 |
[21:26] | Well, that’s my position; she defends you. | 我是这样说的 但她极力为你辩解 |
[21:34] | Um. Yeah. It’s uh, it’s weird, you know, | 真奇怪 你知道吗 |
[21:36] | you drop out of school, | 当你从学校辍学 |
[21:37] | and suddenly people start seeing you really differently. | 突然间 人们看你的眼神就不一样了 |
[21:41] | It’s like, I-I tried… | 就好像 我…我试过… |
[21:42] | I was thinking about selling my eggs. | 我连出售卵子都想过 |
[21:45] | The clinic wouldn’t take them. | 但诊所不接受 |
[21:46] | They only wanted college grads. | 他们只要大学毕业生的卵子 |
[21:48] | It’s like even my eggs are devalued. | 就好像连我的卵子都贬值了 |
[21:51] | I’m sorry, you tried to sell your what? | 等等 你说你想过卖什么来着 |
[21:53] | Relax. | 别紧张 |
[21:54] | I-It was a low moment. | 那时我正处于低潮期 |
[21:56] | I just wanted to find a way of making money | 我只想找到一个生财之道 |
[21:58] | that didn’t involve wearing a white blouse and seating people. | 一份能不穿着白衬衫给人引位的工作 |
[22:04] | Just don’t tell my mom. | 别告诉我妈妈 |
[22:06] | Okay? | 行吗 |
[22:09] | Yeah, I don’t think that’ll be a problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[22:11] | Daisy is a hard worker, | 戴西工作努力 |
[22:15] | and very dependable. | 值得信赖 |
[22:17] | She’s really kind… to the cafeteria workers. | 她对食堂工作的员工 特别友善 |
[22:20] | She’s… like, | 她会说 |
[22:24] | “Hey, Penny, how’s it going? | “潘妮 最近怎么样” |
[22:27] | Javier, que pasa?” | “哈维尔 最近怎么样[西语]” |
[22:30] | Because she’s… she’s, like, | 因为她…她… |
[22:33] | really tough on the outside, | 虽然外表看起来十分强悍 |
[22:36] | but on the inside… | 但内心深处 |
[22:38] | on the inside, she’s just… | 内心深处 她… |
[22:43] | she’s so… | 她十分 |
[22:46] | so tender. | 十分柔软脆弱 |
[22:51] | What was I talking about? | 我在说什么来着 |
[22:52] | Dude, you’re feeling it already? | 老兄 难道你感觉已经上来了吗 |
[22:54] | Feeling what? | 什么感觉 |
[22:56] | Oh, my God, you gave me pot gum?! | 天呐 难道你给我的是大麻口香糖吗 |
[22:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:00] | Dude, study after study proves | 老兄 多次研究表明 |
[23:02] | marijuana’s efficacy in treating anxiety. | 大麻在治疗焦虑症上十分有效 |
[23:04] | Uh, you should thank me. | 你该感谢我 |
[23:06] | I didn’t even know pot gum was a thing. | 我都不知道有大麻口香糖这种东西 |
[23:09] | The video… the vid… | 这视频…这视频 |
[23:11] | If I get caught, I’m so screwed. | 如果被发现 我就毁了 |
[23:15] | Hey, just something to calm you down, man. | 这玩意儿不过是为了让你冷静下来而已 |
[23:18] | Had to calm you down, man. | 我得让你冷静下来啊 老兄 |
[23:19] | Oh, you were acting so guilty, so weird. | 你的举止负罪感太强了 太奇怪了 |
[23:22] | You were all, mm, being so straight. It was… | 你当时太紧绷了 就像… |
[23:28] | What are you talking about? | 不知道你在说什么 |
[23:29] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[23:30] | Did you, uh…? | 你是不是… |
[23:31] | I mean… did you hook…? | 我是说 你是不是… |
[23:35] | Did you hook up with Daisy or something? | 你是不是曾和戴西有一腿 |
[23:42] | She would never. | 她绝不会这样 |
[23:44] | – She would never. – Ah, she… | -她绝不会这样 -她… |
[23:45] | Ah, she would. | 她会的 |
[23:46] | Ah, she… | 她 |
[23:47] | Wait. | 等等 |
[23:49] | Wait a minute. Did you? | 等等 你刚说 |
[23:51] | You went back | 你违背了 |
[23:52] | on your word! | 你的诺言 |
[23:53] | You assured everyone there would be no reprisals, | 你向大家保证不会有报复性行为的 |
[23:55] | and now, you are issuing arrest warrants?! | 而现在 你竟然发布了逮捕令吗 |
[24:00] | “For too long, the Shia have been oppressing the Sunni. | “一直以来 什叶派都压制着逊尼派” |
[24:03] | “And now we are back in power…” | “现在我们重新掌权了” |
[24:05] | Until when? | 何时结束 |
[24:06] | There are three times as many Shia as Sunni. | 什叶派的人数有逊尼派的三倍之多 |
[24:08] | They have the backing of the Iranians. | 他们有伊朗人民的支持 |
[24:10] | Your government will fall | 你的政府会垮台 |
[24:12] | and your people will be slaughtered by ISIS. | 你的人民会被伊斯兰国屠戮 |
[24:15] | Is that what you want? | 这就是你想要的吗 |
[24:19] | You know what he’s saying, Madam Secretary, | 您知道他在说什么 国务卿女士 |
[24:21] | so now it is your turn to listen to me. | 现在 轮到您听我说了 |
[24:24] | The arrests will continue, | 逮捕行为会继续下去 |
[24:25] | and the U.S. will do nothing to stop them, | 美国不能阻止这种行为 |
[24:27] | because if you interfere in any way, | 一旦你们以任何形式介入其中 |
[24:29] | I will tell everyone about your past in Iraq, | 我就会告诉所有人您在伊拉克的过去 |
[24:32] | starting with your daughter. | 从你的女儿开始 |
[24:34] | Do you honestly think anyone would believe you? | 你真的以为会有人相信你的一面之言吗 |
[24:39] | Do you want to take that chance? | 您想要试试看吗 |
[24:47] | The gunman’s name’s Mark Ferguson, 20 years old. | 持枪者的名字是马克·弗格森 二十岁 |
[24:49] | Brother’s a war hero… two tours in Iraq, | 他兄弟是战场英雄 两次前往伊拉克 |
[24:52] | KIA in 2008. | 2008年阵亡 |
[24:53] | Parents say, after his brother passed away, | 他父母说 自从兄弟逝世后 |
[24:55] | he fell into a depression, never pulled out of it. | 他就身陷抑郁 无法自拔 |
[24:57] | Oh, poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[24:58] | He’s been off his meds and homeless the last six months. | 他已经停止吃药六个月 一直在外流浪 |
[25:01] | FBI negotiators say that, as far as they can tell, | 联调局的谈判专家说 就他们看来 |
[25:03] | he’s here to protest what he sees | 他到这里来抗议是因为 |
[25:04] | as a slippery slope back to engagement in Iraq. | 他认为我们有再次返回伊拉克战场的趋势 |
[25:08] | At this point, I don’t disagree with him. | 照现在这情形看 我和他想法相同 |
[25:09] | Any chance he’ll just give up? | 他有可能放弃吗 |
[25:11] | Well, he’s still talking, which is good. | 他还肯开口说话 这是个好迹象 |
[25:13] | But he claims he has grenades. | 但他声称他有手榴弹 |
[25:15] | Which is not. | 这可不是好迹象 |
[25:16] | All right, keep-keep me posted. | 好的 一有新情况就告诉我 |
[25:18] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[25:21] | How did it go with Arif? | 阿里夫那边如何了 |
[25:24] | He’s got a lifetime of grievances, | 他积怨甚深 |
[25:26] | finally the chance to do something about ’em. | 现在终于有机会报复了 |
[25:29] | Their country is on fire, and all those guys can think of | 他们的国家正在水深火热中 可这些人 |
[25:32] | is settling old scores, so, I say, screw it. | 只想着扳平旧账 所以要我说别管了 |
[25:34] | Let back the Kurds and contain this cancer as best we can. | 就支持库尔德人 尽力控制局面吧 |
[25:37] | We can’t just stand back | 我们不能就这么袖手旁观 |
[25:38] | and let it collapse into chaos again. | 让情况再度陷入混乱 |
[25:40] | They have lost too much, and so have we. | 他们失去了太多 我们也是 |
[25:42] | We can’t want it more than they do, Ma’am. | 我们总不能比他们更在乎 国务卿 |
[25:45] | What are you gonna do in there? | 你进去又能做什么呢 |
[25:48] | Get them to take some responsibility | 让他们承担起一些责任 |
[25:51] | and take some ourselves. | 我们自己也该承担起自己的责任 |
[25:54] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[25:57] | To talk to my daughter. | 去和我女儿谈谈 |
[26:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:06] | You ended things how long ago? | 你们什么时候结束的 |
[26:09] | Couple months. | 几个月前吧 |
[26:12] | So, like, weeks before I proposed. | 也就是 就在我求婚前几周 |
[26:15] | It’s fantastic. | 真好 |
[26:18] | Look, man… | 听着 |
[26:21] | it’s super messed up, you know? | 这事确实很糟糕 |
[26:23] | So… | 所以 |
[26:27] | have at it. | 你尽管动手吧 |
[26:32] | Open your eyes, man. | 把眼睛睁开 哥们儿 |
[26:33] | I’m not gonna hit you. | 我不会打你 |
[26:35] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[26:36] | Because what good’s that gonna do? | 打了你又有什么用 |
[26:38] | The greatest woman you’re ever gonna meet | 你这辈子能遇见的最好的女人 |
[26:40] | in your entire life cheated on you with me, | 和你在一起时和我有了外遇 |
[26:43] | and what — you’re gonna just let it go? | 怎么 你就这么算了吗 |
[26:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:47] | Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. | 没错 我就是这么打算的 |
[26:51] | I’m gonna walk out of this building | 我现在要离开这栋大楼 |
[26:53] | and away from the both of you, and… | 离你们俩都远远的 |
[26:57] | begin the extremely difficult process of trying to move on. | 开始放下过去 继续生活的艰难过程 |
[27:00] | – Because what choice do I have? – You never had to fight | -因为我也没别的选择了 -你这辈子 |
[27:01] | for one thing in your life, have you? | 从来都没什么需要你去争取是吗 |
[27:03] | Good-looking rich guy, everybody’s pal. | 帅气富有 受人欢迎 |
[27:05] | What-what? You cannot be serious right now. | 什么 你不是认真的吧 |
[27:06] | One Westport princess after another, right? | 身边的女人各个都是社交名媛是吗 |
[27:08] | You even make weed look waspy! | 大麻在你手里都有满满的优越感 |
[27:10] | For your information, smart guy, | 跟你说清楚 自作聪明的家伙 |
[27:11] | marijuana happens to be both good business and good policy! | 大麻在商业和政策领域都占有重要位置 |
[27:13] | Oh, my God! | 简直是 |
[27:14] | Would you shut up?! | 你给我闭嘴吧 |
[27:15] | My ear! | 我的耳朵 |
[27:16] | My hand! | 我的手 |
[27:17] | What the hell was that?! | 你搞什么啊 |
[27:21] | Look, you… | 你给我听着 |
[27:24] | If she were my girl, | 如果她是我的女人 |
[27:26] | and she cheated on me… | 而她背叛了我 |
[27:28] | Hey! | 听着 |
[27:31] | – What? – I swear to God… | -然后呢 -我发誓 |
[27:34] | I’d kill the guy. | 我一定会杀掉那个人 |
[27:36] | Well, the good news is you’ll probably get your chance. | 好消息是 你可能很快就有这样的机会了 |
[27:46] | It’s locked. | 门锁着呢 |
[27:50] | I have missed countless Thanksgivings | 我错过了无数和家人 |
[27:52] | and Christmases with my family because somebody | 共渡感恩节圣诞节的机会 |
[27:54] | always had to hold down the fort. | 因为总得有人留守 |
[27:56] | Well, that somebody’s not going to be me… | 我不要再当这样的人了 |
[27:57] | I get it. | 我能理解 |
[27:59] | But you know the department policy | 但你也知道国务院的政策 |
[28:00] | is very clear about making these assignments in a fair | 在关于公正无偏的做出委派的问题上 |
[28:04] | and unbiased manner… | 规定是很明确的 |
[28:05] | David Cruz, James Gordon, | 大卫·克鲁兹 詹姆斯·戈登 |
[28:06] | Lisa Alva… | 还有丽萨· 阿尔瓦 |
[28:08] | all of them have the necessary experience | 他们都符合经验 |
[28:10] | and the language skills. | 和语言能力要求 |
[28:12] | They also have spouses | 只是他们也有配偶 |
[28:14] | and children. | 孩子 |
[28:15] | And I’m an unmarried woman in her 50s. | 而我只是一个五十多岁的未婚女人 |
[28:18] | And so, to the State Department, | 所以对国务院来说 |
[28:21] | I’m expendable. | 我就是可牺牲的 |
[28:23] | I would argue the opposite. | 我不同意这说话 |
[28:26] | That you’re dependable. | 我认为这说明你可靠 |
[28:30] | That’s what I always told myself. | 我以前也是这么想的 |
[28:33] | And yet, here we are. | 但果真如此 我们也不会在这里了 |
[28:38] | Who am I kidding? | 我又在骗谁呢 |
[28:40] | The State Department is… is my life. | 国务院 就是我的生命啊 |
[28:43] | ‘Course I’ll go to Angola. | 我会遵命去安哥拉的 |
[28:45] | Maybe next year I’ll get a post in, in Europe. | 也许明年我可以得到一个在欧洲的驻职吧 |
[28:51] | There was another truck bomb explosion this morning | 今天早上在萨德尔城的集市 |
[28:54] | at the market in Sadr City. | 又出现了一起卡车爆炸事件 |
[28:56] | No, no. No, no. | 不不不 |
[28:58] | Not one American was killed. | 没有一个美国人死亡 |
[28:59] | Want to see who you did kill? | 想知道你杀死的都是谁吗 |
[29:10] | Look at it! | 给我好好看看 |
[29:11] | You bastard! Look at what you’ve done! | 你这个混蛋 看看你都干了什么 |
[29:15] | You’re going to tell me. | 告诉我 |
[29:17] | When is the next attack going to be? | 下次袭击是什么时候 |
[29:19] | Where and when? | 时间 地点 |
[29:20] | This is your last chance. | 这是你最后一次机会 |
[29:22] | You gotta tell me something. | 你得给我点什么信息 |
[29:32] | Allahu Akbar! | 真主至上 |
[29:34] | Tried it your way, Killer. | 试过你的方法了 厉害杀手 |
[29:35] | It’s time to step it up. | 得采用激进手法了 |
[29:36] | Do it! | 动手吧 |
[29:41] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[29:42] | – Allahu Akbar! – I said shut up! | -真主至上 -我说让你闭嘴 |
[29:52] | What… | 什么 |
[29:57] | what did “stepping it up” mean? | “激进手法”是什么意思 |
[30:01] | Stress positions. | 压迫性体位 |
[30:04] | Physical abuse. | 身体虐待 |
[30:06] | Waterboarding. | 水刑 |
[30:13] | I wasn’t | 在他们… |
[30:14] | in the room when they did it. | 动手时我不在屋里 |
[30:16] | But… | 但是 |
[30:19] | I knew what was… | 我确实 |
[30:22] | happening, obviously. | 知道会发生什么 |
[30:32] | Why are you telling me this? | 为什么要告诉我 |
[30:35] | ‘Cause I have to. | 我别无选择 |
[30:45] | Well, I really wish you hadn’t. | 我希望你可以不告诉我 |
[30:47] | We were at war. | 我们当时处于战争中 |
[30:50] | Changes the landscape. | 情况完全不同 |
[30:53] | And it forces you to face things | 让你必须面对一些 |
[30:55] | you didn’t even want to know. | 你不想知道的事 |
[30:59] | Yeah, like… | 比如说… |
[31:01] | like the fact that your mother is not | 事实上我的母亲 |
[31:03] | the person that you thought she was at all? | 根本不是我想象的那个人是吗 |
[31:04] | Who did you think I was? | 以前你觉得我是怎么样的人 |
[31:05] | I don’t know, Mom. | 我不知道 妈妈 |
[31:07] | Not a torturer! | 反正不会虐待他人 |
[31:10] | Stupid work. | 该死的工作 |
[31:10] | – Stevie… – Don’t. | -斯蒂芬 -别说了 |
[31:12] | Yes, Dave? | 喂 戴夫 |
[31:26] | Zaid? I think we should talk. | 扎伊德 我们得谈谈 |
[31:27] | Think you would be wiser to keep silent. | 我觉得你最好保持沉默 |
[31:29] | I think you should stop mourning your cousin Safeer. | 我觉得你不该再缅怀你表哥萨菲尔了 |
[31:31] | You know nothing about him. | 你完全不了解他 |
[31:32] | No, I know everything about him. | 不 我对他知根知底 |
[31:34] | I know where he went to school, | 我知道他在哪上学 |
[31:35] | who his family was and who he killed. | 他的家人有谁 还有他杀害的人 |
[31:37] | Your cousin was a mass murderer, | 你的表哥是大屠杀的凶手 |
[31:39] | and I am glad that I took him off the streets of Baghdad… | 能把他从巴格达抓走我倍感高兴 |
[31:41] | You will be glad when I tell Prime Minister Arif… | 等我告诉阿里夫总理时你也会倍感高兴 |
[31:42] | I don’t care who you tell. | 我不在乎你要告诉谁 |
[31:44] | Maybe they’ll believe you, | 他们也许会相信你 |
[31:45] | maybe they won’t. | 也许不会 |
[31:46] | But it won’t change U.S. policy in Iraq. | 但都改变不了美国在伊拉克的政策 |
[31:49] | I am not your hostage, do you understand me? | 我不是你的人质 你懂了吗 |
[31:55] | If you want to grieve someone, | 如果你要缅怀前人 |
[31:56] | you should grieve your grandfather Abdul, | 应该缅怀你的祖父阿卜杜勒 |
[31:58] | the scientist who was killed by Saddam. | 那个被萨达姆杀害的科学家 |
[32:02] | How do you know about my grandfather? | 你怎么认识我爷爷 |
[32:06] | I told you I know everything about your family. | 我告诉过你 我对你们全家了如指掌 |
[32:09] | You come from a long line of great men, | 你出身自一个伟大的家族 |
[32:12] | who built a great nation that dates back | 从巴比伦时期开始就为你们国家的建设 |
[32:14] | all the way to the Babylonians. | 做出过杰出贡献 |
[32:16] | That is your legacy. | 那才是你的遗产 |
[32:19] | So I’m gonna do my part to help that heroic nation. | 我会尽我所能帮助这个英勇的国家 |
[32:23] | What you do is up to you. | 你要怎么做取决于你自己 |
[32:25] | But whatever you tell the Prime Minister, | 但不管你要和总理说什么 |
[32:27] | be sure to tell him this. | 别忘了告诉他 |
[32:28] | Unless he releases the former Oil Minister | 除非他放了前石油部长 |
[32:31] | and drops the charges against him, | 撤销对他的指控 |
[32:33] | the United States is going to pull our support | 否则美国将中断对新政府的支持 |
[32:35] | of the new government and back the Kurds for statehood. | 转而支持库尔德人独立 |
[32:38] | Sorry to interrupt, Ma’am. | 打扰一下 国务卿 |
[32:40] | Go. | 去吧 |
[32:42] | Tell him what I said. | 把我说的告诉他 |
[32:44] | The gunman’s been apprehended. | 持枪者已被逮捕 |
[32:46] | The SWAT team disarmed him with a flash-bang grenade. | 特警用闪光弹解除了他的武装 |
[32:48] | But they shot him in the leg in the takedown. | 但在制服他的时候射伤了他的腿 |
[32:49] | Mr. Ferguson’s being transported to the hospital. | 弗格森先生已经被送往医院 |
[32:52] | The FBI doesn’t think he was actually going to shoot anyone. | 联调局认为他并没有真的想伤人 |
[32:54] | He’s just a messed-up guy with a lot of issues. | 只不过是个经历了很多事情后精神失常的人 |
[32:57] | Well, I’m glad no one else got hurt. | 没别的人受伤就好 |
[33:00] | Well, we think he was acting alone. | 我们认为他没有同伙 |
[33:03] | So… I’m gonna lift the lockdown order, | 所以我要解除戒严 |
[33:05] | effective immediately. | 立即执行 |
[33:10] | Wait, so that’s it? | 等等 你这就走了吗 |
[33:11] | I-I kind of thought we had a Breakfast Club kind of thing going… | 我以为我们感情倍增了呢 |
[33:13] | I really have to get out of here. | 我得马上离开这里 |
[33:14] | Well, wait, what did your boss say to you? | 等等 你老板说什么了 |
[33:15] | You had a legitimate reason to be late. | 你有合理的迟到理由 |
[33:17] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[33:18] | Okay, it’s gonna be all right, really. | 好吧 没关系的 |
[33:19] | You’re gonna get another job. Hey, wait a minute. | 你会再找到一份工作的 等等 |
[33:21] | Wait a minute, hey, hey, hey, hold up, hold up. | 你等等 等一会 |
[33:24] | Look… | 听着 |
[33:27] | for what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[33:28] | if I ever did the surrogacy thing, | 如果我需要找人代孕 |
[33:31] | I’d want eggs just like yours. | 我会想要你的卵子 |
[33:34] | You got winner eggs, kid. | 因为你有成功者的基因 孩子 |
[33:45] | You know, we spend all this time | 我们花大把时间 |
[33:47] | wondering whether we’re good enough | 审视自己是否足够优秀 |
[33:48] | to even be around her. | 能够留在她的身边 |
[33:51] | But what if we’re better? | 可如果我们其实比她更好呢 |
[33:54] | Did you ever think about that? | 你想过吗 |
[33:56] | I have to go, but thank you for the shirt. | 我得走了 谢谢你帮我选衬衫 |
[33:58] | Yeah… | 好 |
[34:03] | Thank you again for your patience. | 再次感谢您的耐心等待 |
[34:05] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[34:08] | I don’t know what happened, | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[34:09] | but Arif reversed himself. | 但阿里夫推翻了自己的决定 |
[34:10] | Word is, he’s dropping the charges. | 他说他要撤销起诉了 |
[34:12] | They’re going to the White House tomorrow. | 他们明天要访问白宫 |
[34:14] | Call the White House. | 联系白宫方面 |
[34:16] | It happens tonight. | 今晚就去 |
[34:18] | Gentlemen… | 各位 |
[34:20] | it was an honor having you as my guests. | 你们到访我处我倍感荣幸 |
[34:23] | Although I know it was for a little bit longer | 虽然比预想的时间 |
[34:25] | than you would’ve liked. | 要长一些 |
[34:26] | Um, I-I did want to say something | 在你们前往白宫之前 |
[34:29] | to you before you went to the White House. | 我有几句话想说 |
[34:32] | I said something earlier today | 今天早些时候 |
[34:35] | about letting go of the past, | 我建议大家要放下过去 |
[34:37] | and I realized how… | 后来我意识到 |
[34:42] | arrogant that was. | 那样的话太过自负 |
[34:47] | All of our people still have open wounds | 我们都还有许多未曾愈合的伤口 |
[34:51] | and blood on our hands | 双手亦还留有 |
[34:52] | from inflicting those wounds on each other. | 彼此伤害时流下的鲜血 |
[34:56] | Everyone here wants to be a great leader to their people, | 在座的各位都想成为人民的好领袖 |
[34:58] | but in the face of the inhumanity, the indecency of terrorism, | 但在面对恐怖分子不人道的骚扰和伤害时 |
[35:05] | things like-like trust and-and competence | 相互信任 举重若轻 |
[35:09] | and decency are greatness. | 正直得体才是最重要的 |
[35:12] | For the sake of your nation | 为了你们的国家 |
[35:14] | and the rest of the world, | 还有全世界 |
[35:24] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
[35:27] | Thank you. Very much. | 谢谢您 非常感谢 |
[35:30] | Thank you. | 也谢谢您 |
[35:36] | Baby, I’m so sorry. | 宝贝 对不起 |
[35:37] | I got trapped in the press room. | 我被困在新闻发布室了 |
[35:40] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[35:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[35:45] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[35:49] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[35:54] | You deserve someone who’d fight for you. | 愿意努力争取你的人才配得上你 |
[35:56] | Doesn’t have to be me, | 不一定非得是我 |
[35:59] | but it can’t be him. | 但一定不是他 |
[36:21] | Nadine is waiting in your office to see you. | 纳丁在您办公室等您 |
[36:23] | Okay. Wh… Stevie’s gone? | 好的 斯蒂芬走了么 |
[36:24] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[36:29] | Ma’am… | 国务卿女士 |
[36:32] | everything okay between you two? | 你俩还好吗 |
[36:34] | Thanks for looking after her today. | 谢谢你今天照顾她 |
[36:36] | Did you call home, tell everybody you’re all right? | 你打电话给家里报平安了吗 |
[36:38] | Uh, yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[36:38] | Friends, family? Significant other? | 朋友 家人 其他重要的人 |
[36:40] | Yes. Everyone’s up to speed. | 没错 每个人都通知了 |
[36:42] | Just want to make sure | 我就想确认一下 |
[36:42] | that you’re taking care of your loved ones | 你有像照顾我爱的人那样 |
[36:44] | as well as you take care of mine. | 照顾好你自己爱的人 |
[36:49] | Oh, uh, before you go, | 你走之前 |
[36:51] | find out what hospital they took Mark Ferguson to. | 确认一下他们把马克·弗格森送到了哪家医院 |
[36:53] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[36:55] | Hey, Nadine. | 你好 纳丁 |
[36:56] | Missed you today. | 今天没有看到你 |
[36:58] | Hope your lockdown was less eventful than mine. | 希望你在戒严期间不像我一样变故多 |
[37:01] | I was locked in with a woman named Alice Millevoi | 我和一个叫爱丽丝·米莉弗的女人被关在一起 |
[37:04] | who was reassigned to Angola. | 她被委派去了安哥拉 |
[37:07] | She said others could have gone, | 她说别人也可以去 |
[37:08] | but they all have families, and she doesn’t. | 但别人都有家人 而她了无牵挂 |
[37:10] | She said that happens a lot. | 她说这不是一次两次了 |
[37:12] | Which it does, of course. | 确实会这样 |
[37:13] | I think we need to do a better job | 我认为我们有义务做改进 |
[37:15] | of making these reassignments fair. | 让这种人员调配更公平一些 |
[37:16] | These women are not expendable. | 这些女人不是牺牲品 |
[37:18] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[37:19] | Do whatever you have to do. | 需要做什么就去做 |
[37:20] | You have my full support. | 我全力支持你 |
[37:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:24] | Vincent said he was going to leave the State Department | 文森特说过他打算在任期结束以后 |
[37:26] | at the end of this term. | 离开国务院 |
[37:28] | If he had run for president, | 如果他有心竞选总统 |
[37:30] | I would’ve had to disappear. | 那我就只能消失了 |
[37:33] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[37:34] | I’m done keeping his secrets. | 我再也不想替他保密了 |
[37:36] | Well, I do have a way of hitting you where you live. | 看来我可真是会戳人的痛处啊 |
[37:38] | This is a bank letter he asked me to keep for him. | 这是他让我保管的一封银行信 |
[37:40] | It’s got an account number on it. | 上面有一个账户号码 |
[37:44] | And this is a document I’d like you to sign. | 还有这份文件 我希望你能帮忙签一下 |
[37:47] | It says we’re reassigning Alice to Portugal. | 内容是我们要把爱丽丝改派到葡萄牙 |
[37:50] | She deserves it. | 这是她应得的 |
[38:05] | I forgot my keys. | 我忘记拿钥匙了 |
[38:07] | Kind of blows your whole dramatic exit from before. | 这把你刚才华丽离场的气势都给毁了 |
[38:14] | Hell of a show you put on today, Mahoney. | 今天你演了一出好戏呐 马奥尼 |
[38:18] | Yeah, you know, | 其实 你懂的 |
[38:21] | not exactly the grand gesture I would have chosen. | 我本来不想搞这么大动静的 |
[38:27] | How’s Win? | 温怎么样了 |
[38:30] | He’s officially… | 他已经正式成为 |
[38:33] | my ex-fiance. | 我的前任未婚夫了 |
[38:40] | And he’s nice, | 他人很好 |
[38:43] | handsome… | 英俊潇洒 |
[38:44] | and easygoing… | 脾气随和 |
[38:48] | and deeply hurt. | 还被伤得很深 |
[38:52] | Look, what we did to him… | 我们对他做的事 |
[38:55] | what I did to him… | 我对他做的事 |
[38:58] | was really pretty terrible. | 真的相当不堪 |
[39:02] | I mean, am I a terrible person? | 我是个很不堪的人吗 |
[39:04] | You’re asking the wrong guy, | 你问错人了 |
[39:06] | because, um… | 因为 |
[39:08] | I have seen you… | 我见过你 |
[39:10] | at your most terrible, | 最不堪的样子 |
[39:12] | and I am still crazy about you. | 但我依然为你疯狂 |
[39:16] | For what it’s worth… | 不管怎样 |
[39:20] | I-I didn’t want to hurt you. | 我不是存心要伤害你 |
[39:22] | I’m… | 我 |
[39:25] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[40:01] | Okay…while we wait for the President, | 好的 总统到来之前 |
[40:03] | just a few more shots. | 我们再多拍几张就好 |
[40:19] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[40:22] | Yeah, um, I’m leaving, like, right now, | 是的 我马上就出发 |
[40:25] | so I should be there in 20…20 minutes? | 所以大概二十分钟以后能到 |
[40:29] | Right. | 好的 |
[40:32] | Cool, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[40:34] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[40:35] | Bye. | 再见 |
[40:41] | I gotta go, Mom. | 我得走了 妈妈 |
[40:43] | Um, I’m just gonna stay with some friends, | 我搬去跟几个朋友住 |
[40:46] | clear my head. | 理一理头绪 |
[40:48] | But don’t worry… | 但你不用担心 |
[40:51] | I won’t tell anyone. | 我不会跟任何人说的 |
[40:56] | There was a boy at the market | 萨菲尔的炸弹爆炸时 |
[40:59] | where Safeer’s bomb went off, | 市场里有个男孩 |
[41:01] | about Jason’s age, | 跟杰森差不多大 |
[41:02] | a girl about Alison’s… | 有个女孩跟艾莉森差不多 |
[41:07] | The scream that mother made | 他们母亲在辨认过尸体后 |
[41:11] | when she I.D.’d the bodies. | 发出了撕心裂肺的尖叫 |
[41:14] | 15 kids maimed or dead. | 十五名儿童残废或丧生 |
[41:19] | To have the guy responsible right in front of you, | 罪魁祸首就站在你面前 |
[41:25] | to feel that rage | 心中的怒火燃烧 |
[41:27] | for justice. | 呼唤着公道 |
[41:30] | I gave in to that. | 我屈服于此 |
[41:32] | I did. | 我屈服了 |
[41:33] | It was still wrong. | 你还是做错了 |
[41:36] | Not to mention, against the law. | 更别说这还是违法行为 |
[41:38] | Technically, it wasn’t. | 严格来说 并没有 |
[41:39] | Technically? | 严格来说 |
[41:41] | At the time, there were provisions. | 当时有相应的条款 |
[41:44] | Vile… | 那些可耻 |
[41:45] | evil, bogus provisions? | 邪恶而又虚伪的条款吗 |
[41:49] | Ultimately, that’s why I left. | 说到底 那就是我离开的原因 |
[41:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:57] | And then you came home. | 然后你回家了 |
[42:02] | You came home and you told us | 回到家 然后跟我们说 |
[42:03] | you’d been in Jordan the whole time. | 那段时间你一直在约旦 |
[42:07] | Very happy to just… | 非常愉快地… |
[42:11] | pick up where you left off. | 继续你原来的生活 |
[42:14] | Coach my soccer team. | 做我足球队的教练 |
[42:19] | That’s right. | 说的没错 |
[42:24] | This is a lot. | 事情很复杂 |
[42:26] | I-I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[42:27] | I… you maybe don’t want to… | 我 你可能暂时还不想 |
[42:30] | talk about it yet, | 跟我谈这件事 |
[42:33] | or maybe you want some time. | 可能你还需要一些时间 |
[42:36] | I wouldn’t hold your breath. | 这时间不会太快 |
[42:38] | Hey, Stevie? | 斯蒂芬 |
[42:40] | If you never listen to anything I say again | 如果这辈子你都不打算 |
[42:43] | for the rest of your life, | 再听我的话了 |
[42:45] | please hear this. | 请听好这一句 |
[42:47] | Everything is more complicated than you think it is right now. | 事情永远比你现在想的要复杂得多 |
[42:51] | And the only way you come to know that | 而你要真正理解这一点 |
[42:53] | is through experience. | 只有靠人生经历的积累 |
[42:56] | And that’s what this whole process | 而那整个过程 |
[42:59] | of growing up is all about. | 就是成长 |
[43:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:03] | I know. | 我懂 |
[43:09] | I gotta go do that now. | 我现在得去积累经历了 |