时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | What’s the word? | 什么情况 |
[00:12] | Straight-up robbery. | 单纯的入室抢劫 |
[00:14] | Neighbor reported a couple of suspicious guys | 邻居报警 说看见两个可疑的人 |
[00:16] | walking out with stuff. | 拿着东西出去了 |
[00:17] | – Diplomat’s place, right? – Oh, yeah. | -这是外交官的住处 对吗 -没错 |
[00:20] | Did you hear that? | 你有听到刚刚那个声音吗 |
[00:48] | What’s up with that? Somebody locked in there? | 什么情况 有人被锁在里面吗 |
[00:54] | Police! Anyone in there? | 警察 里面有人吗 |
[00:58] | – Ready? – Alright, yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[01:09] | What’s this? What’s going on? | 什么情况 出什么事了 |
[01:11] | Officer Freeman, Metropolitan Police. | 我是弗里曼警官 特区警察 |
[01:13] | – Is this your house, sir? – Yes. | -这是您家吗 先生 -是 |
[01:15] | You’ve been robbed. | 你家被抢劫了 |
[01:16] | What are you doing holding this woman prisoner? | 你为什么把这位女士关起来 |
[01:21] | I am a diplomat of the Kingdom of Bahrain. | 我是巴林王国的外交官 |
[01:24] | I demand immunity. | 我要求豁免权 |
[01:37] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[01:39] | They were on your dad’s list of acceptable groceries. | 我可是照着你爸的可接受物品清单买的 |
[01:42] | For his heart condition. | 对心脏有益 |
[01:43] | What kind of heart condition is addressed | 哪种心脏需要 |
[01:45] | by Rye and Haagen-Dazs? | 用黑麦啤酒和哈根达斯治疗 |
[01:47] | – A broken one. – Oh, come on, please. | -受伤的心 -得了吧 |
[01:50] | My mom died three years ago. | 妈妈去世都三年了 |
[01:51] | He’s dated half the widows in Pittsburgh. | 他都已经和匹兹堡一半的寡妇约过会了 |
[01:54] | Only my dad would announce a visit 48 hours in advance | 也只有我爸才会提前四十八小时通知 |
[01:59] | and then serve us with a list of demands. | 然后扔给我们一个采购清单 |
[02:01] | Okay, let’s just try and make him comfortable. | 好了 咱们尽量让他舒服一些 |
[02:03] | Oh, he’ll get comfortable, | 他肯定会舒服的 |
[02:04] | and then he’ll ask us for something. | 然后他就会给我们提要求 |
[02:06] | Oh, he says he wants to see the kids, | 他说他想见见孩子们 |
[02:08] | and they love him, so… | 孩子们也爱他 所以 |
[02:10] | The guy’s just not wired to think about anyone but himself. | 他这人脑子里只考虑自己从不考虑别人 |
[02:13] | Okay, I know that he was not the world’s most attentive father. | 好了 我知道他不是世界上最好的父亲 |
[02:16] | But can you just try and get along with him… for me? | 但你能不能试着和他相处 为了我 |
[02:20] | How can you be so understanding? | 你怎么就这么善解人意呢 |
[02:22] | He treats you worse than anyone. | 他对你最差劲了 |
[02:24] | Because I’m a professional peacemaker. | 因为我是个职业和事佬 |
[02:27] | Besides… | 再说 |
[02:29] | he’s the only thing luring Stevie home. | 斯蒂芬为了他都愿意回家来 |
[02:35] | I want it to be like… before she hated me. | 我想让家里变回…她恨我之前那样 |
[02:38] | She does not hate you. | 她不恨你 |
[02:40] | No. She thinks I’m evil. | 不 她觉得我很邪恶 |
[02:49] | Yeah. | 请讲 |
[02:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:54] | Professional peacemaker? | 职业和事佬 |
[02:57] | Yeah. Bye. | 没错 再见 |
[03:02] | The police found his maid | 警察发现他的女佣 |
[03:03] | living in a locked boiler room. | 住在上了锁的锅炉房里 |
[03:05] | – Seriously? – Kemala Shihab. | -真的吗 -卡马拉·谢哈布 |
[03:07] | She’s a migrant worker from Indonesia. | 她是从印度尼西亚来的移民工 |
[03:09] | The Hassanis took her passport, | 哈萨尼夫妇拿走了她的护照 |
[03:11] | didn’t let her out of the house for three years. | 三年没让她出屋 |
[03:13] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[03:14] | Well, at County Hospital, being treated for malnutrition. | 在县医院 正在治疗营养不良 |
[03:16] | I can’t wait to hear Hassani’s defense. | 我真想听听哈萨尼要如何辩解 |
[03:18] | Well, it’s going to be hard to extract one | 这可有点难度 |
[03:20] | since he and his wife took refuge in the Bahraini embassy. | 他和他夫人都躲进了巴林大使馆 |
[03:22] | An MPD clerk let them go | 大使馆的人到达 |
[03:24] | once an embassy official arrived | 并证实了他们的豁免权请求后 |
[03:26] | and corroborated their immunity claim. | 特区警察就给他们放行了 |
[03:28] | No, Hassani’s not ranked high enough to merit immunity. | 哈萨尼还没到能拿到豁免权的级别 |
[03:31] | Uh, it’s kind of gray, actually. | 实际上有点模糊 |
[03:33] | Not for a consular officer. | 普通领事馆官员可不行 |
[03:34] | And especially not for keeping a slave in your basement. | 尤其是在地下室囚奴的人 |
[03:37] | Well, immunity at the consular level is case by case. | 领事馆官员级别的豁免权是一事一议的 |
[03:40] | Any diplomat is eligible, | 任何外交人员都可以申请 |
[03:42] | but it’s an unwritten rule, Ma’am. | 但这是个约定俗成的规定 国务卿 |
[03:43] | Well, then I am definitely… unwriting it. | 那我绝对要把这一条划掉 |
[03:47] | Even if DOD just sank a billion dollars | 即使国防部刚花费了十亿美元 |
[03:50] | into renovating our naval base in Manama? | 在麦纳麦[巴林首都]整修海军基地吗 |
[03:52] | The base is crucial to our strategic positions | 这个基地对我们在伊拉克和伊朗附近的 |
[03:54] | – around Iraq and Iran. – Iraq and Iran. | -战略部署至关重要 -战略部署 |
[03:55] | Yes, I’m aware. | 我知道 |
[04:03] | We’re rejecting Bahrain’s immunity claim. | 我们会驳回巴林的豁免权申请 |
[04:05] | Blake, serve the Ambassador with a waiver. | 布莱克 给大使送一份弃权书 |
[04:07] | You want him to revoke their claim? | 您想让他撤回申请吗 |
[04:09] | That shouldn’t be too hard. | 真是个”简单”的请求 |
[04:11] | Let’s give Bahrain a chance to get with the program. | 给巴林一个按规定办事的机会 |
[04:13] | I’m familiar with their royal family. | 我和他们的皇室很熟 |
[04:15] | They’re not all hard-liners. | 他们不都是强硬派 |
[04:16] | – Yes, Ma’am. – Daisy, visit with Ms. Shihab. | -是 国务卿 -戴西 看望一下谢哈布女士 |
[04:18] | Tell her that the United States is appalled | 告诉她美国政府 |
[04:19] | by the way she was treated. | 对她的遭遇表示震惊 |
[04:20] | – Make sure she’s getting anything she needs. – Of course. | -保证她得到需要的一切 -明白 |
[04:22] | And let’s bring in DOJ. | 通知司法部 |
[04:24] | I want to give them our blessing | 我要权利支持他们 |
[04:25] | to pursue a full no-holds-barred criminal investigation. | 进行不受限制的犯罪调查 |
[04:29] | How do we do that with the Hassanis holed up | 哈萨尼夫妇现在在控制范围之外 |
[04:31] | at the Not OK Corral? | 我们怎么提供保证 |
[04:33] | Dispatch DS agents to the embassy in case they move. | 向大使馆部署外交安全护卫 以防逃跑 |
[04:36] | Nothing conspicuous. | 低调行动 |
[04:37] | I do not want to escalate. | 我不希望情况恶化 |
[04:39] | – They’ll be discreet. – All right, | -他们会小心的 -好了 |
[04:40] | let’s get to work. | 都去忙吧 |
[04:50] | How may I direct your call? | 请问您找谁 |
[04:52] | – Agent Vasquez, please. – Please hold. | -请转瓦斯凯探员 -请稍候 |
[05:20] | Vasquez. | 我是瓦斯凯 |
[05:21] | Uh, Secretary would like a detail posted immediately | 国务卿希望能够立刻在巴林大使馆外 |
[05:24] | to the Bahraini embassy. | 部署一队安全护卫 |
[05:26] | – Yes, ma’am. – Thank you. | -明白 -谢谢 |
[05:31] | People were so poor | 人们太穷了 |
[05:34] | that they fed their kids boot leather. | 只能给孩子吃皮靴 |
[05:36] | No. N-No way. | 不 不可能 |
[05:38] | No, that’s not real. | 这不是真的 |
[05:39] | Oh, yes, it is. | 当然是真的 |
[05:41] | Why do you think they called it the Depression, dork? | 不然为什么会叫”大萧条” 笨蛋 |
[05:43] | I ate a boot. | 我就吃了一只靴子 |
[05:45] | You bread it, you fry it, and you put a little salt on it. | 夹上面包 过油煎 撒点盐 |
[05:48] | Not too bad. | 味道还不错 |
[05:50] | Course, then, I only had one boot. | 当然 从那之后我就只剩一只靴子了 |
[05:53] | Grandpa, I actually believed you for a second. | 爷爷 我几乎都要相信了 |
[05:56] | See? It sounds like it’s going well. | 你瞧 看上去还不错嘛 |
[05:59] | He’s been holding court for an hour. | 他聊了一个小时了 |
[06:01] | What I’m getting at here… | 我想说的是… |
[06:02] | Just a few more days. | 几天而已 |
[06:04] | Poor people were ripe for exploitation. | 那时候 遍地都是可以剥削的穷人 |
[06:07] | Instead, Roosevelt passed | 但是 罗斯福总统通过了 |
[06:09] | the 40-hour, five-day work week. | 每周五天 四十小时工作制 |
[06:11] | Someone should tell Mom. | 应该通知妈妈一下 |
[06:12] | Har, har. I heard that, Ali. | 哈 哈 被我听见了 艾莉 |
[06:14] | – Oh, Elizabeth. – Hey, Pat. | -伊丽莎白 -嗨 帕特 |
[06:18] | – Good to see you. – Nice to see you. | -见到你很高兴 -我也是 |
[06:21] | And not just because this probably means | 我高兴不只是因为你在家就意味着 |
[06:23] | that the world is not burning. | 世界没处于水深火热当中 |
[06:24] | Well, I try to keep it at smoldering. | 我尽量避免水深火热 稍稍有暗火就行 |
[06:27] | Hi, sweetie. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[06:28] | Nice place you got. | 你俩的房子真好 |
[06:29] | We like it. | 我们也很喜欢 |
[06:30] | Little fancy for a civil servant, | 公务员住这种房子有点奢侈了 |
[06:32] | but then, you came from a horse farm. | 但你们曾住在马场 倒也能理解 |
[06:34] | Certainly does smell better here. It’s true. | 这里的空气确实要比马场好得多 |
[06:37] | Well, with D.C. politics, you must get your share of crap. | 在特区搞政治 肯定有不少麻烦事吧 |
[06:40] | She dishes out plenty, too. | 她也会给别人添事 |
[06:42] | Welcome home, Stevie. | 欢迎回家 斯蒂芬 |
[06:43] | I’m here to see Grandpa. | 我是来看爷爷的 |
[06:44] | Yeah, of course. | 当然了 |
[06:45] | I’m starving. Anybody else? | 我快饿死了 你们呢 |
[06:46] | – Let’s eat. It’s ready. – God, let’s do. | -吃饭吧 都做好了 -走吧 |
[06:51] | He had to bring up the horse farm. | 他非得提马场的事 |
[06:53] | So, we owned horses. People own horses. | 养马又怎样 养马又不犯罪 |
[06:57] | I just don’t think that he imagined | 我觉得他只是没想到 |
[06:59] | you were gonna marry someone who grew up with them. | 你会和一个马场姑娘结婚 |
[07:01] | But… so your parents did well. | 你父母够富裕 |
[07:03] | what — I don’t understand what the big deal is about. | 我不明白这有什么大不了 |
[07:05] | – Shh. Stop. – Okay, he was great with the kids. | -别说了 -他和孩子们玩得好 |
[07:07] | – I will give him that. – Yes. | -这个倒是 -没错 |
[07:09] | So, I guess this is everything. | 盘子我放这了 |
[07:12] | Listen, you shouldn’t be doing this. | 你别忙活了 |
[07:14] | Pat, the kids should be on cleanup. | 帕特 盘子应该让孩子来收 |
[07:16] | – Thank you very much. – Oh, no. | -谢谢 -别客气 |
[07:16] | I carry my own load, honey. | 我自己用的自己收拾 |
[07:19] | So, big free-trade negotiations going on, huh? | 最近在搞自由贸易洽谈 是吗 |
[07:22] | Yeah, with Brazil. | 是的 和巴西 |
[07:24] | Well, maybe you could pull a few strings for your father-in-law | 你是不是能走走后门让你公公我 |
[07:27] | and get me in the game. | 也去见见世面 |
[07:28] | Really, Dad? | 你不是吧 爸爸 |
[07:29] | You’re just gonna go there? | 你可真是一点不拐弯抹角啊 |
[07:31] | Foreign labor is a threat to my guys’ jobs. | 外来劳工威胁到我们这些人的工作 |
[07:33] | Now, what kind of union rep would I be | 如果不代工人们说点话 |
[07:36] | if I didn’t get them heard? | 我算哪门子工会代表 |
[07:37] | And we haven’t even had dessert yet. | 甜点都还没开吃呢就开始了 |
[07:38] | I take it you’d like to present the steelworkers’ interests? | 我想你是想表达一下炼钢工人的需求是吗 |
[07:41] | You know how these deals go. | 你明白个中厉害 |
[07:44] | Giveaways to rich guys who can afford | 到时候从中得利的还不都是 |
[07:46] | to pay fancy lobbyists. | 雇得起说客的富豪 |
[07:47] | I’m sure there’s someone at the union | 我肯定工会里会有人 |
[07:49] | – who’s looking out for that. – Yeah. Me. | -专门负责此事 -那就是我 |
[07:52] | You know how I got a meeting | 你知道我是怎么和 |
[07:54] | with Reagan’s Secretary of Labor? | 里根总统的劳工部长谈上话的吗 |
[07:57] | I figured out | 我找到 |
[07:58] | where he got his shoes polished, | 他擦鞋的地方 |
[08:00] | and then I cozied up to the shine guy, | 讨好那个擦鞋工 |
[08:02] | and I got his schedule. | 搞到他的日程表 |
[08:03] | And then… oh, I must’ve had my shoes shined 50 times | 然后…我至少擦了有五十次鞋 |
[08:08] | before I finally got the big boss alone, | 才找到和他单独相处的机会 |
[08:11] | and he gave me five minutes for my boys. | 他给了我五分钟让我替工人们说话 |
[08:15] | You don’t think I’d ask my daughter-in-law? | 你觉得我不会为此问问我的儿媳吗 |
[08:17] | Yeah, of course, you would. | 你当然会了 |
[08:23] | What is it with you, Henry? | 你是怎么了 亨利 |
[08:24] | A man can’t fight for what he believes in? | 一个老头就不能为他的信仰而努力吗 |
[08:26] | Pat, it’s fine. Don’t even worry about it. | 帕特 没事的 别太在意 |
[08:28] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我会想想办法 |
[08:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:33] | So, what else can I do here? | 我还能帮点什么忙 |
[08:36] | Bring this ice cream to the table. Thank you. | 把这个冰淇淋拿去桌上吧 谢谢 |
[08:39] | It’s the rum raisin that you like I got. | 是你喜欢的朗姆葡萄干口味的 |
[08:42] | I-I like the story about the shoeshine. | 我挺喜欢擦鞋那故事的 |
[08:45] | I thought it was… okay, just breathe, Henry. | 我觉得…好吧 亨利 深呼吸 |
[08:47] | It’s almost over. | 就快过去了 |
[08:50] | Metropolitan Police turned those over to my team at DOJ. | 特区警察把这些照片送到了我们司法部 |
[08:53] | That’s Kemala, and that’s the boiler room | 这是卡马拉 这是他们晚上 |
[08:55] | they locked her in at night. | 关她的锅炉房 |
[08:56] | It’s more than enough to prosecute. | 这些资料足够提起诉讼了 |
[08:57] | – Well, then, let’s get a warrant. – We have one. | -那就搞个搜查证 -我们有了 |
[09:01] | But it’s useless as long as they’re holed up in the embassy. | 但他们躲在大使馆里 搜查证不管用 |
[09:05] | Blake, will you get Matt and Daisy in here? | 布莱克 麻烦你叫马特和戴西来一下 |
[09:07] | These are heated-towel-rack and turndown-service people. | 这帮人过惯了衣来伸手的高档生活 |
[09:10] | They’re not gonna last a week inside government quarters. | 政府宿舍他们肯定住不了一星期 |
[09:13] | Matt, write a memo demanding | 马特 写个备忘录 |
[09:15] | the Bahrainis accept our immunity waiver | 要求巴林方面放弃豁免权 |
[09:16] | and release the Hassani’s. | 放出哈萨尼一家 |
[09:18] | – On it. – You want me to put out a story? | -好的 -要我写个简讯吗 |
[09:20] | I mean, the media will have a field day. | 媒体们会大显身手的 |
[09:21] | Do it. I’m tired of waiting for them | 可以 我懒得等 |
[09:23] | to come out and see their shadow. | 他们出来晒太阳了 |
[09:25] | A private flight out of the Farnham airstrip | 法汉姆停机坪有一架私人飞机 |
[09:26] | was just chartered to Qatar. | 刚被特批飞往卡塔尔 |
[09:28] | It’s an all-Bahraini crew. | 机组人员全部来自巴林 |
[09:29] | Leaves in an hour. | 一小时后起飞 |
[09:30] | Blake, get the DS agents on the phone. | 布雷克 联系外交安全护卫 |
[09:32] | Tell them the Hassani’s are making a move. | 说哈萨尼一家准备出逃 |
[09:34] | To Qatar? | 逃往卡塔尔吗 |
[09:34] | They know we’ll be looking at flights to Bahrain. | 他们知道我们会监控飞往巴林的航班 |
[09:36] | Qatar is the closest direct flight from D.C. | 卡塔尔是从特区出发最近的直飞点 |
[09:38] | And they don’t have an extradition agreement with us. | 而且卡塔尔与我国没有引渡协议 |
[09:40] | A black Escalade just pulled out of the Bahraini embassy. | 一辆凯雷德刚刚驶出巴林大使馆 |
[09:42] | Okay, so tell the DS agents to get in touch with the MPD. | 让外交安全护卫和特区警局联系 |
[09:45] | I want them intercepted. | 我要把他们拦下来 |
[09:46] | Ma’am, I must caution care | 国务卿 我必须提醒您 |
[09:48] | when picking up the Hassanis. | 不要草率逮捕哈萨尼夫妇 |
[09:49] | I agree. Our Gulf strategy relies | 我同意 我们的海湾战略依靠的 |
[09:50] | on the base in Manama. | 是麦纳麦的军事基地 |
[09:52] | Do we really want to risk this thing blowing up? | 我们真的要冒着合作告吹的危险逮捕他吗 |
[09:55] | I’ll take my chances. | 我愿意一试 |
[10:01] | All units, subject’s headed south. | 全员注意 目标向南移动 |
[10:23] | MPD! Step out of the car! Now, sir! | 特区警察 请马上从车里出来 |
[10:29] | Bilal Hassani | 比拉·哈萨尼 |
[10:30] | and Zahra Hassani, you’re under arrest | 扎赫拉·哈萨尼 你们因为 |
[10:33] | for felony human trafficking and false imprisonment. | 贩卖人口和非法监禁被捕 |
[10:49] | MPD strip-searched the Hassani’s? | 特区警局给哈萨尼夫妇光身搜查了吗 |
[10:51] | That’s going to go over well. | 这事传出去一定会掀起大浪 |
[10:53] | It’s standard intake procedure. | 那是标准逮捕程序 |
[10:54] | It doesn’t matter. The gaggle is gonna pounce. | 不管是不是 媒体一定会大肆报道的 |
[10:57] | I assuming you’re talking about the strip search. | 我想你们是在讨论搜身的问题 |
[11:01] | It’s standard intake procedure. | 这是标准逮捕程序 |
[11:02] | Bahrain’s gonna take it as an affront, Ma’am. | 巴林方面会觉得这是公开侮辱 国务卿 |
[11:04] | I know, and that’s unfortunate. | 我知道 但只能说抱歉了 |
[11:07] | But the Hassanis should’ve thought of that | 哈萨尼夫妇把谢哈布女士抓去当奴隶时 |
[11:08] | before they took Ms. Shihab as their slave. | 就该想到这种后果 |
[11:11] | Speaking of which, has Bahrain accepted | 说到这个 巴林那边收到我们的 |
[11:12] | our immunity waiver yet? | 放弃豁免权请求了吗 |
[11:14] | They haven’t rejected it. | 他们还没有回绝 |
[11:15] | They’re communicating their displeasure in a different way. | 而是在用另一种方式表达不满 |
[11:18] | They’re dispatching Crown Prince | 他们派了皇储 |
[11:20] | Yousif Obaid, King Naheen’s eldest. | 优素福·奥贝德 国王纳西的长子来 |
[11:23] | He lands at Dulles in an hour. | 一小时后抵达杜勒斯机场 |
[11:25] | Great. Maybe he’ll negotiate. | 很好 也许他会愿意谈判 |
[11:26] | Prince Yousif may be Bahrain’s great liberal hope, | 优素福王子也许是巴林自由主义最大的希望 |
[11:30] | but I doubt he’s coming to negotiate. | 但我认为他不是来谈判的 |
[11:32] | Yeah, don’t worry about it. I can take him. | 别担心 我可以搞定他 |
[11:33] | Madam Secretary, he owns more than 100 homes, | 国务卿女士 他有超过一百处住宅 |
[11:35] | each built to his specifications. | 每处都是以王子自定的规格建的 |
[11:37] | He has a fleet of special-edition yachts. | 他还有一队特制游艇 |
[11:39] | When he feels like ordering a pizza, | 他想定个披萨的时候 |
[11:41] | it gets flown in from Rome. | 要从罗马空运 |
[11:42] | The guy’s used to getting his way. | 那位已经习惯要风得风要雨得雨了 |
[11:44] | Well, that may be, but… | 也许是吧 但… |
[11:46] | I happen to know he’s extremely ticklish. | 但我恰好知道他有多怕痒 |
[11:49] | Wait, did the Secretary just admit | 等等 国务卿是刚刚承认了 |
[11:51] | to intimate anatomical knowledge of the Prince of Bahrain? | 她对巴林的王子有特别亲密的了解吗 |
[11:54] | These CIA briefs must be detailed. | 中情局文档肯定很详尽 |
[11:56] | Okay, turning to tomorrow — | 看看明天的安排… |
[11:58] | the winners of the State Department | 国务院一年级论文比赛的获奖者 |
[11:59] | first grade essay contest are visiting, | 会来这里参观 |
[12:02] | so please watch your language. | 请你们注意一下用词 |
[12:05] | And, also, | 还有 |
[12:08] | a pen has been stolen from my desk. | 我桌上有支笔被偷走了 |
[12:11] | – By one of you, I presume. – A pen? | -我推断就是你们中的一人偷的 -一支笔 |
[12:16] | How do you know you just didn’t lose it? | 你怎么知道不是自己弄丢的呢 |
[12:18] | Because I know. | 我就是知道 |
[12:19] | But how can you be sure? | 你怎么能这么肯定 |
[12:22] | I did not lose it. | 不是我弄丢的 |
[12:27] | It was taken. | 笔是被拿走的 |
[12:28] | Can I ask what the significance of this pen is? | 能问一下这只笔为什么这么重要吗 |
[12:29] | As long as it’s on my desk by 3:00 p.m. today, | 只要今天下午三点前放回我桌上 |
[12:32] | I’ll ask no questions. | 我就不会追问 |
[12:36] | Oh, she definitely lost it, | 她绝对是弄丢了[疯了] |
[12:38] | and I’m not talking about the pen. | 我说的不是笔 是脑子 |
[12:43] | Admiral Hill. | 希尔上将 |
[12:45] | Somehow I’m not surprised to see you stopping by. | 不知为何我一点都不奇怪你会来 |
[12:47] | Good. Then you know I need you | 很好 那你知道我需要你 |
[12:49] | to release the Bahraini consular officer. | 释放巴林的领事官员了 |
[12:50] | That’s a request for local authorities. | 那要求应该向地方政府提 |
[12:52] | Please don’t be coy, Madam Secretary. | 别装了 国务卿女士 |
[12:54] | We all know you’re driving this train. | 我们都知道是你说了算 |
[12:55] | Well, then you also know why | 那你也应该知道 |
[12:58] | I won’t allow the Hassanis’ release. | 我为什么不会允许释放哈萨尼夫妇 |
[13:00] | I’m sure you’re aware of our base in Manama. | 我相信你很清楚我们在麦纳麦有基地 |
[13:03] | I am highly sensitive to our strategic post there. | 我很了解我们在那里的战略要塞 |
[13:06] | And also our billion-dollar renovation. | 还有我们十亿美元的修建项目 |
[13:09] | It is the linchpin to our defensive positions | 那里是我们在伊拉克和伊朗附近的 |
[13:11] | around Iraq and Iran. | 防御阵型的关键点 |
[13:13] | And I’m here to make sure | 我来是要保证 |
[13:14] | that you don’t flush that down the drain. | 你不会把我们的努力全部丢去打水漂 |
[13:17] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[13:18] | I also believe that the linchpin | 也相信我们民主制度的关键 |
[13:20] | of our democracy is human rights. | 在于人权 |
[13:21] | Can’t really put a price on that. | 人权无法定价 |
[13:23] | But I’m willing to defend it over a military installation. | 相比军事设施 我更愿保护人权 |
[13:26] | If Bahrain retaliates, I’ll have to notify the President. | 如果巴林进行报复 我就必须报告总统 |
[13:28] | – Understood. – He won’t appreciate being made | -我明白 -他不会愿意 |
[13:30] | to pick between State and Defense, | 被迫在国务院和国防部之间做选择 |
[13:32] | but we both know which way he’ll go. | 但我们都知道他会选哪边 |
[13:33] | Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. | 希望不会到那一步吧 |
[13:34] | But if it does, I’ll see you in the Oval Office. | 但如果真到了 我们就总统办公室见吧 |
[13:47] | I’m sorry I’m not being more helpful. | 很抱歉我没帮上忙 |
[13:49] | This program just really isn’t my jam. | 这个软件我真的搞不定 |
[13:52] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事 没事 |
[13:54] | Meeting’s not till tomorrow, anyway. | 反正明天才开会 |
[13:56] | And if this doesn’t work out, I got it all up here. | 如果还不行 内容也都在我脑子里记着呢 |
[14:00] | 无法连接服务器 请检查防火墙设置 | |
[14:01] | That’s annoying. | 真烦人 |
[14:02] | I just… I can’t get on to the FAQs | 我点不开常见问题解答页面 |
[14:04] | because of Mom’s uber-firewall. It… | 因为妈妈的超级防火墙太厉害 这… |
[14:08] | It’s just something that I don’t miss about living here. | 我完全不怀念住这里的这个”好处” |
[14:13] | What is it between you and your mom? | 你和你妈妈是怎么回事 |
[14:17] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[14:20] | We have philosophical differences. | 我们有些哲学层面的分歧 |
[14:22] | And… I just can’t get on board with her side. | 而我…完全无法接受她的观点 |
[14:26] | So you took a stand. | 所以你表明了态度 |
[14:28] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[14:30] | You’re my granddaughter. | 是我的好孙女 |
[14:32] | Yeah, well, taking a stand is what got me | 就是明确表态 |
[14:34] | into this whole mess in the first place. | 把我弄成现在这一团糟的 |
[14:36] | – What mess? – Being a college dropout. | -什么一团糟 -大学退学 |
[14:38] | I mean, I screwed any chance that I have | 我毁了所有 |
[14:40] | of actually getting a meaningful job. | 获得一份有意义的工作的机会 |
[14:42] | I didn’t go to college, and I’m on the board | 我也没上过大学 而我是东海岸 |
[14:44] | of the biggest union on the East Coast. | 最大的工会的董事 |
[14:48] | Does the union have a D.C. Chapter? | 工会有华盛顿分部吗 |
[14:51] | You bet. | 你说呢 |
[14:53] | Do you think I could work there | 你觉得我能去那儿工作吗 |
[14:54] | organizing labor? | 组织劳工 |
[14:57] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[14:59] | Yeah, I’ll make a call. | 可以 我去打个电话 |
[15:03] | Ma’am, | 国务卿 |
[15:04] | Crown Prince Obaid. | 奥贝德皇储来了 |
[15:07] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[15:08] | you’ve detained a consular officer, | 你拘留了一名外交领事官员 |
[15:10] | and the Kingdom of Bahrain | 而巴林王国 |
[15:12] | cannot abide such an action. | 无法忍受这样的行为 |
[15:15] | Oh, my God, you sound so official, Joey. | 天呐 你听着好官方 乔伊 |
[15:18] | Please, Lizzie, it is Yousif. | 拜托 丽兹 叫我优素福 |
[15:19] | – Come here. – No… | -快过来 -别… |
[15:23] | We went to boarding school together. Houghton Hall. | 我们一起上过寄宿学校 霍顿庄园 |
[15:26] | We were co-captains of the debate team. | 我们是辩论队的联合队长 |
[15:28] | Yes, although I think our most heated | 对 但我觉得我们最激烈的辩论 |
[15:29] | were on the roof of Sukaly Dorm. | 是在苏卡里宿舍房顶上 |
[15:32] | – Yes. – Oh. We had big plans | -没错 -我们还有过改变世界的 |
[15:34] | – to change the world, didn’t we? – We did. | -大计划 对吧 -没错 |
[15:36] | Okay, I will let you two catch up. | 我出去让两位慢慢聊 |
[15:37] | How long’s it been? | 多久没见了 |
[15:38] | – God. – Well… well, it’s dinner | -天呐 -上次见是… |
[15:41] | at that pub in Kensington, I believe. | 在肯辛顿一家酒馆吃晚饭吧 我记得 |
[15:43] | Oh, that’s right. You know, Stevie was so little. | 没错 那时斯蒂芬还好小呢 |
[15:45] | I had her in one of those slingy things. | 我还拿婴儿背带抱着她 |
[15:48] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[15:50] | Well, honestly, Lizzie, I’m in a bit of a tight spot. | 老实说 丽兹 我处境不太乐观 |
[15:53] | I need you to release the Hassanis | 我需要你释放哈萨尼夫妇 |
[15:55] | and reinstate full immunity immediately. | 然后马上恢复全面豁免权 |
[15:58] | I can’t reinstate what they were never qualified for. | 我没法给本来就不够格的人豁免权啊 |
[16:01] | They’re Bahraini diplomats. | 他们是巴林的外交官 |
[16:02] | They cannot be treated like common criminals. | 不能把他们当作普通的犯人 |
[16:04] | Do you see how they treated their maid? | 你有没有看到他们是怎么对待女佣的 |
[16:06] | It was despicable, but this is an exceptional case. | 他们的确很下作 但这是特殊情况 |
[16:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:09] | Royal Decree 56? | 第五十六条皇家法令吗 |
[16:11] | State officials in Bahrain are immune from prosecution | 身处巴林的美国官员不会因侵犯人权 |
[16:15] | for human rights abuses. | 而受到控诉吗 |
[16:16] | I don’t need human rights pointers | 你们国家无视法律 |
[16:17] | from a country that imprisons Arabs | 就把阿拉伯人都关在岛上 |
[16:19] | on an island without legal recourse. | 别来跟我说什么人权的问题 |
[16:20] | Okay, forget about Royal Decree 56. | 别管什么第五十六条皇家法令了 |
[16:23] | We’re in the United States. | 我们现在在美国 |
[16:24] | The Hassanis broke over half a dozen laws, | 哈萨尼夫妇违反了六七条法律 |
[16:26] | – and they’re going to pay for it. – Okay. Fine. | -他们要付出代价 -好吧 |
[16:28] | Without immunity, your soldiers, | 没有豁免权 你们的士兵 |
[16:30] | your embassy employees may get dragged before Bahraini judges | 你们驻大使馆的员工都会因冒犯政府官员 |
[16:34] | just for annoying our government. | 而被送上法庭 |
[16:35] | Now, I know that’s not a real threat. | 我知道这不是什么威胁 |
[16:36] | I am just saying I cannot guarantee | 我只是说我无法保证 |
[16:38] | there won’t be consequences. | 你这样做不会带来什么后果 |
[16:39] | Who’s talking here, Joey? You or your father? | 这到底是谁的看法 乔伊 你还是你父亲 |
[16:42] | Come on, you used to | 得了吧 你以前 |
[16:44] | rail against his conservative rule. | 不都是反对他那些老派的规矩吗 |
[16:46] | I still maintain my own views. | 我仍保持我自己的看法 |
[16:48] | Then stand up to him. | 那就大胆抵抗他 |
[16:50] | Make him accept our immunity waiver. | 让他接受放弃豁免权 |
[16:56] | Fine. I will talk to him. | 好吧 我会和他谈谈的 |
[16:58] | Thank you. I know that’s not easy. | 谢谢 我知道这差事不容易 |
[17:01] | How is your father? | 你父亲怎么样 |
[17:03] | He’s old. He’s sick. | 他老了 还生病 |
[17:05] | He’s nearing the end of his life. | 他的生命快走到尽头了 |
[17:08] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[17:11] | I hope it’s not true, but if it is, | 我希望不会那样 但即便他真的去世了 |
[17:13] | I take solace in the fact that a progressive, | 我很欣慰他有一个 |
[17:17] | bold new leader will take his place. | 思想开放有大胆的接班人 |
[17:22] | Why don’t you come over to our house for dinner tonight? | 要不你今晚来我们家吃晚饭吧 |
[17:24] | Come on, it’ll be fun. We won’t talk shop. | 来吧 很有趣的 我们不谈公事 |
[17:26] | I promise. I mean, the food’s gonna suck, but… | 我保证 我是说虽然吃得不怎么样 但 |
[17:28] | Listen, I… you haven’t even met… | 听着 我… 你都没见过… |
[17:31] | You haven’t even met Alison and Jason. | 你都没见过艾莉森和杰森 |
[17:34] | She’s delicate | 她很脆弱 |
[17:35] | and very confused. | 也很迷惑 |
[17:37] | Well, given what she’s endured, I’m not surprised. | 她经历了这么多事 也不足为奇 |
[17:40] | She’s afraid she’ll be punished, | 她很害怕会遭到惩罚 |
[17:41] | and very worried about deportation. | 也很担心会被驱逐出境 |
[17:45] | I’m very sorry about everything | 我对发生在你 |
[17:47] | – that happened to you. – Thank you. | -身上的事很抱歉 -谢谢 |
[17:49] | I want you to know that we’re doing everything we can | 我希望让你知道我们会尽力 |
[17:52] | to see that the Hassanis face justice. | 让哈萨尼夫妇受到公正的裁决 |
[17:55] | How is Mr. Hassani? | 哈萨尼先生怎么样 |
[17:57] | And Mrs… | 还有哈斯尼夫人… |
[17:59] | Are they angry at me? | 他们对我生气了吗 |
[18:00] | I’m more concerned about you. | 我更担心你 |
[18:02] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[18:04] | Good. When can I work? | 挺好的 我什么时候能回去工作 |
[18:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:10] | But I came here today to tell you in person: | 但我今天来是想亲自告诉你 |
[18:14] | I spoke with Prince Yousif about you. | 我跟优素福王子谈论过你的事 |
[18:17] | Prince Yousif? Why? | 优素福王子 为什么 |
[18:20] | Because he’s very concerned about you, too. | 因为他也很担心你 |
[18:23] | And he hopes that you feel better soon. | 而且他希望你能快点好起来 |
[18:27] | I like Prince Yousif. | 我喜欢优素福王子 |
[18:31] | He is good man. | 他是个好人 |
[18:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:34] | Yes, he is. | 他的确是 |
[18:38] | Where are we now? | 现在怎么样 |
[18:39] | We got them on felony human trafficking, | 我们准备以贩卖人口 |
[18:41] | unlawful holding of wages | 非法拖欠工资 |
[18:43] | and false imprisonment, among other charges. | 以及非法拘禁等重罪起诉他们 |
[18:45] | So how long would they go to prison? | 他们会在监狱里关多久 |
[18:47] | Ten to 20. | 十到二十年 |
[18:49] | Of course, this is all pending Bahrain’s agreement | 不过这都得让巴林 |
[18:51] | to State’s immunity waiver request. | 同意放弃豁免权 |
[18:53] | Which I’m afraid did not come through, Ma’am. | 这事进展得不是很顺利 国务卿 |
[18:55] | What? Prince Yousif assured me | 什么 优素福王子向我保证过 |
[18:58] | that he would speak with his father. | 他会和他父亲谈谈 |
[19:00] | Well, there’s more. | 不只如此 |
[19:01] | The Bahrainis promoted Hassani to First Secretary. | 巴林那帮人还把哈萨尼提为一等秘书 |
[19:04] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[19:05] | I wish that I was. He’s now at a level | 我也希望如此 他现在的职位 |
[19:07] | that automatically guarantees immunity. | 自动保证了他的豁免权 |
[19:10] | I have to let them go home. | 我必须得放他们回去 |
[19:22] | Your friend’s here. | 你的朋友到了 |
[19:25] | Stevie, could you do me a favor | 斯蒂芬 你能帮我 |
[19:26] | and go help set the table, please? | 去布置下餐桌吗 |
[19:28] | – Yeah. – Ah. Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢你 |
[19:33] | Can’t believe how much she looks | 真不敢相信 她和你 |
[19:35] | like you did in high school. | 高中的时候几乎一模一样 |
[19:36] | Stevie and I share a lot. | 斯蒂芬跟我有很多共同之处 |
[19:39] | Including our outrage that I was forced | 包括我俩都对让人权践踏者 |
[19:42] | to let a human rights abuser dodge justice. | 逃脱惩罚而深表愤怒 |
[19:44] | Okay, look, it’s complicated. My father’s illness | 听我说 这事很复杂 我父亲的病 |
[19:47] | has destabilized my family’s grip on power. | 使我家族手握的权力遭到动摇 |
[19:49] | The opposition parties would like | 敌对党最希望 |
[19:50] | nothing more than an excuse to call for new rule. | 能借机夺取王位 |
[19:54] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[19:56] | If you’re gonna screw me, at least have the respect | 如果你想阴我 至少能尊重我 |
[19:59] | of owning it without making excuses. | 不要编这些借口 |
[20:01] | I argued | 我争取过 |
[20:02] | for a trial in America. | 想在美国进行庭审 |
[20:05] | My father convinced me that | 我父亲告诉我 |
[20:06] | promoting Hassani would send a message | 提升哈萨尼能让我的子民知道 |
[20:08] | to my people that I stand with Bahrain. | 我是站在巴林这边的 |
[20:10] | – And slavery. – My hands are tied. | -支持奴役吗 -我的能力有限 |
[20:13] | My rivals circle my father’s deathbed, | 我的对手虎视眈眈地蹲在我父亲的病榻前 |
[20:14] | just waiting for me to falter. | 就等着看我垮台 |
[20:15] | And all the times that you defended equality for women, | 你一直以来为女性平等做出的努力呢 |
[20:19] | and vowed to stop the exploitation of the underclass? | 还有呼吁停止对底层人民剥削的投票呢 |
[20:22] | – We’re not 17 anymore. – Exactly. | -我们不是十七岁的年轻人了 -正是 |
[20:24] | Now we are actually in a position to effect change. | 我们现在的地位终于可以为人们带来变革 |
[20:28] | Many people in my country | 我们国家很多人 |
[20:29] | loathe me for my Western education, my progressive beliefs. | 因为我受过西方教育和我激进的想法而讨厌我 |
[20:32] | And many more depend on you for them. | 可还有更多的人指望你拯救他们呢 |
[20:35] | You were going to change things when you became King. | 你说你当上国王后要去改变很多事情 |
[20:38] | And I will… | 等我… |
[20:39] | change things when I become king. | 当上国王以后 我会这么做的 |
[20:42] | Just give me a chance to get there. | 你得先让我能当上 |
[20:46] | Can I at least have your word | 你能不能至少向我保证 |
[20:48] | that the Hassanis will stand trial in Bahrain? | 哈萨尼夫妇将会在巴林受审 |
[20:58] | Dinner’s ready. | 晚饭准备好了 |
[21:01] | Henry, you remember Yousif. | 亨利 还记得优素福吧 |
[21:05] | – Yousif. – Henry. | -优素福 -亨利 |
[21:06] | So good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[21:07] | Please, come in. This is my father, Patrick. | 快来 这是我父亲 帕特里克 |
[21:09] | Ah, Yousif. | 我是优素福 |
[21:12] | A Prince and a Secretary of State. | 王子和国务卿都来了 |
[21:14] | If Mom could see us now? | 要是你妈在她会相信吗 |
[21:16] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[21:17] | You met Stevie. This is Alison and Jason. | 你见过斯蒂芬了 这是艾莉森和杰森 |
[21:21] | My mom here says that you live in a palace | 妈妈说你住在宫殿里 |
[21:23] | with like, 200 bedrooms. | 有差不多两百间卧室 |
[21:25] | How many bathrooms do you have? | 那你有多少间洗手间 |
[21:27] | Well, not enough for my mother-in-law. | 我岳母还是觉得不够多 |
[21:30] | Do you have any exotic pets, | 你有比较特别的宠物吗 |
[21:31] | like an albino lion or something? | 比如白狮什么的 |
[21:33] | Really, Alison? | 不是吧 艾莉森 |
[21:34] | Do my children count? | 我的孩子们算吗 |
[21:37] | Your slaves might. | 你的奴隶们算 |
[21:38] | Dad. I’m sorry, Yousif. | 爸 抱歉 优素福 |
[21:40] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[21:41] | I’m not so insulated that I’m unfamiliar with this critique. | 我也不是没听过这种批评 |
[21:44] | Ah, man of the people. | 人民的代表啊 |
[21:46] | It’s too bad your wealth | 只可惜你的财富 |
[21:47] | is built on the backs of the poor and oppressed. | 是靠被压迫的穷人建立起来的 |
[21:50] | No wonder that diplomat treats his maid like a slave. | 怪不得你们的外交官会把他的女佣当奴隶 |
[21:54] | Pat, Yousif is our guest. | 帕特 优素福是我们的客人 |
[21:55] | No, Mom, he’s right. How can you be friends | 不 老妈 爷爷说得对 你怎么能跟 |
[21:57] | with someone who condones human trafficking? | 纵容贩卖人口的人交朋友呢 |
[22:00] | – That’s enough. – Okay, Stevie. Thanks, Dad. Thank you. | -别再说了 -斯蒂芬 够了 真谢谢你了 老爸 |
[22:01] | I guess your moral compass has always been broken. | 看来你的道德观念一直都是不完整的 |
[22:03] | Stop picking on Mom. | 别找妈妈的茬了 |
[22:04] | I’m not trying to pick a fight with Mom. | 我不是想要跟她吵架 |
[22:06] | She’s the one who… | 是她… |
[22:07] | What has she ever done to you? | 她到底怎么你了 |
[22:10] | When you are older, you’ll understand. | 你长大了就明白了 |
[22:14] | Enough. | 够了 |
[22:16] | Not another word about this for the rest of dinner. Am I clear? | 吃完晚餐前不准再说这件事了 听见了吗 |
[22:19] | That goes for you, too, Dad. | 也是说给你听的 爸 |
[22:21] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[22:26] | Potato? | 吃土豆吗 |
[22:32] | So, I’m applying for a new job. | 我正在申请一份新工作 |
[22:35] | Wow, there’s something. What is it? | 新鲜事啊 什么工作 |
[22:38] | Union organizing with Grandpa. | 跟爷爷一起组织工会 |
[22:43] | Chip off the old block. | 跟她爷爷一样 |
[22:46] | I’m sorry that you’re leaving tonight. | 很抱歉你今晚要走 |
[22:48] | Well, I need to get back. | 我必须得回去 |
[22:51] | I’m not sorry about what I said. | 但我对我说的话不感到抱歉 |
[22:54] | I mean, I just… didn’t really expect | 我只是… 真的没想到 |
[22:56] | everything to get so out of control, | 局面会失控 |
[22:58] | You know? Stevie and… | 斯蒂芬和… |
[22:59] | The young need to push the boundaries. | 年轻人就要打破束缚 |
[23:01] | It’s good for them. | 对他们有好处 |
[23:03] | Yeah, well, that’s no excuse for my father-in-law. | 是的 但是我公公的确是做得不对 |
[23:06] | Well, if he forgives me, I will forgive him. | 要是他能原谅我 我就原谅他 |
[23:10] | Maybe it isn’t just the young who should push the boundaries. | 或许不光是年轻人需要打破束缚 |
[23:16] | A little dissent is good, | 有点分歧是好的 |
[23:17] | especially when it’s standing up for the right thing. | 尤其是为了正确的事情 |
[23:21] | Remember? | 还记得吗 |
[23:22] | You said that, Joey. | 这是你说的 乔伊 |
[23:23] | The night before graduation on the roof of Sukaly. | 毕业前一晚 在苏卡里宿舍房顶上 |
[23:26] | You told me you weren’t gonna | 你跟我说毕业典礼上 |
[23:27] | wear your mortarboard in the ceremony. | 你不会戴学位帽 |
[23:31] | I do remember thinking, | 我记得当时我想 |
[23:33] | if the future King of Bahrain could say that, | 如果未来巴林的国王能说出这话 |
[23:36] | well, then anything is possible. | 那世上就没有什么不可能的事了 |
[23:52] | Thank you for dinner, Lizzie. | 谢谢你的晚餐 丽兹 |
[24:26] | I was just passing by. | 我只是路过 |
[24:28] | Are you a steelworker? | 你是炼钢工人吗 |
[24:29] | No, but my grandfather is. | 不是 不过我爷爷是 |
[24:32] | He said there might be an entry-level organizing job. | 他说这里可能会有份初级的组织工作 |
[24:35] | Love your enthusiasm, but that job isn’t open right now. | 欣赏你的热情 不过那份工作还不招人 |
[24:41] | Probably should have let him call first. | 可能应该先让他打个电话的 |
[24:43] | What’s your grandfather’s name? | 你爷爷叫什么 |
[24:46] | Patrick McCord. | 帕特里克·麦考德 |
[24:48] | He’s actually on the board of the national chapter. | 他其实是全国总工会董事会的人 |
[24:50] | McCord. | 麦考德 |
[24:52] | M-c-C-o-r-d M-c-C-o-r-d? | |
[24:58] | I’m sorry, but he’s not on our board. | 抱歉 他不是我们董事会的人 |
[25:01] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[25:03] | You checked the national board, in Pittsburgh? | 你查过匹兹堡的全国董事会吗 |
[25:05] | Here’s the number to the Pittsburgh office | 这是匹兹堡办公室的电话 |
[25:08] | in case you want to check yourself. | 你要是想确认的话自己打吧 |
[25:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:15] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[25:16] | meet the winners of the State Department | 见过国务院一年级论文比赛的 |
[25:18] | first grade essay contest. | 获奖者 |
[25:19] | Hi, kids. And justifiably proud parents. | 你们好 孩子们 还有以你们为傲的家长们 |
[25:23] | Now, listen, I read your essays | 我读了你们写的关于 |
[25:25] | on influential Americans abroad, | 在国外有影响力的美国人的论文 |
[25:28] | and it made me very proud to be among them. | 让我觉得和他们共事真是我的荣幸 |
[25:30] | You ready for your certificates? | 准备好领证书了吗 |
[25:32] | Okay. Here we go. | 好的 我们开始 |
[25:35] | Who’s first up? | 谁是第一个 |
[25:36] | Justin Lee. | 贾斯汀·李 |
[25:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:40] | You’re very welcome. Promise to keep writing? | 不客气 答应我继续写下去好吗 |
[25:42] | – You bet. – There’s your pen. All right. | -当然 -这是送你的笔 好的 |
[25:46] | -And… – Haven Costello. | -下一位是… -黑文·科斯特洛 |
[25:48] | Haven… | 黑文 |
[25:51] | Hold on one second. | 稍等一下 |
[25:54] | Technical difficulties. Hold on. Blake? | 技术故障 等一下 布莱克 |
[25:56] | – Yes. – Do you have a pen? | -在 -你有钢笔吗 |
[25:57] | You know what, I can run downstairs quickly. | 我可以飞奔到楼下 |
[25:59] | Oh, wait. No. Got it. | 等等 不用了 有了 |
[26:02] | Look at this. This is a NASA pen. | 看啊 这是一支宇航局的钢笔 |
[26:06] | Maybe this pen will inspire you to write about space. | 或许这支笔能启发你写有关太空的事 |
[26:10] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[26:12] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢你 国务卿女士 |
[26:19] | Hey, Dad. | 老爸 |
[26:22] | That meeting was a complete waste. | 去见那一面完全是浪费时间 |
[26:25] | Your wife stuck me with some… kid. | 你老婆安排了几个小崽子见我 |
[26:28] | Okay, hey. You’re lucky that she stuck you with anybody. | 好吧 她帮你忙已经算你走运了 |
[26:30] | 11 hours on that bus to get here. | 来这里要坐十一个小时的大巴 |
[26:32] | Oh, and here I thought you came to see the family. | 我还以为你是来看我们的呢 |
[26:34] | 40 years. I bring 40 years of experience to bear, | 四十年 我积攒了四十年的努力想有所作为 |
[26:37] | and she sticks me with a nobody. | 而她却把我塞给了无名人士 |
[26:39] | She did you a favor. | 她已经帮了你一把了 |
[26:39] | She says she cares about workers like me. | 她说她关心像我这样的工人 |
[26:42] | She’s buddy-buddy with some slave-owning prince! | 却又和某个奴隶主王子称兄道弟 |
[26:45] | I’m surprised she didn’t marry the prince | 我都奇怪她怎么没嫁给那个王子 |
[26:47] | and-and live in palaces with all those bathrooms! | 住在有一堆卫生间的皇宫里 |
[26:54] | – All right. – At least Mom’s not a fake. | -算了 -至少妈妈不骗人 |
[26:57] | Stevie, this is between your grandfather and me. | 斯蒂芬 这是你爷爷和我之间的事 |
[26:58] | No, it’s not. Mom doesn’t lie. | 不 不是 妈妈不会说谎 |
[27:01] | She doesn’t pretend to be better than she is. | 她不会虚伪浮夸 |
[27:04] | And she faces up to the things that she’s done. | 她会为自己做过的事情负责 |
[27:06] | – What are you even talking about? – You. | -你到底在说什么 -在说你 |
[27:08] | You’re not on your union’s board. | 你不是你们的工会董事会成员 |
[27:12] | You haven’t been for five years. I checked. | 你五年前就不在那里了 我查过了 |
[27:16] | They said that you’re hardly even at the hall anymore. | 他们说你几乎都已经不算是工会的人了 |
[27:18] | So, what exactly was your plan, Grandpa? | 你到底在谋划什么 爷爷 |
[27:22] | Were you gonna pretend to help me | 你是不是假意要帮我 |
[27:24] | and hope that maybe I would… | 还期待我可能会… |
[27:25] | forget that I needed a job while you were getting my hopes up? | 忘记在我需要一份工作时你给了我希望 |
[27:29] | You knew how much it meant to me, | 你知道这对我来说有多重要 |
[27:31] | and-and now you’re s… | 然后你现在坐… |
[27:32] | you’re sitting here criticizing my mom. | 你现在坐在这里指责我妈妈 |
[27:35] | I don’t have to answer to you. | 我用不着跟你解释 |
[27:36] | I don’t have to answer to anyone. | 我用不着跟任何人解释 |
[27:40] | I owe you an apology, Kemala. | 我必须向你道歉 卡马拉 |
[27:43] | I had to let the Hassanis go. | 我必须得放了哈萨尼夫妇 |
[27:45] | They’re on a plane back to Bahrain. | 他们已经在回巴林的飞机上了 |
[27:47] | They won’t see justice as I had hoped. | 他们不会如我所愿 受到公正的审判 |
[27:50] | Mr. Hassani is important man. | 哈萨尼先生是个重要人物 |
[27:55] | Well, speaking of important men, | 说到重要人物 |
[27:57] | Prince Obaid has secured reparations on your behalf. | 奥贝德王子已经代你索得赔偿 |
[28:03] | You’ll have enough money. | 你会有足够的钱 |
[28:04] | You won’t have to worry about that. | 不用担心了 |
[28:06] | Daisy and I want to talk about your future. | 黛西和我想和你谈谈你的未来 |
[28:08] | I can grant you asylum in the United States. | 我可以为你提供留在美国的庇护 |
[28:11] | If you’d like. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[28:12] | We can help set you up here, find an apartment. | 我们可以帮你留在这里 找个房子 |
[28:15] | I mean, would you like that? | 你愿意吗 |
[28:16] | Here? | 这里 |
[28:17] | Not necessarily in Washington. | 不一定要在华盛顿 |
[28:19] | I know it’s a lot, | 我知道需要时间来习惯 |
[28:20] | but it’s a chance for you to start over. | 但这是你重新开始的一个机会 |
[28:23] | If not, | 不然的话 |
[28:25] | I’d have to send you back to Indonesia. | 我只能把你送回印尼了 |
[28:27] | No. | 别 |
[28:29] | No work there. | 那边没活干 |
[28:31] | Maybe you’d like to think about it. | 你可以考虑一下 |
[28:35] | Mr. Hassani brother. | 哈萨尼先生兄弟 |
[28:36] | He talk to me. | 他跟我说了 |
[28:38] | He give work | 他让我 |
[28:39] | with him in Bahrain. | 去巴林帮他干活 |
[28:42] | Can I go? | 我能去吗 |
[28:44] | Yes, of course. | 能 当然能 |
[28:48] | It was her choice. | 她自己的选择 |
[28:50] | I just wish her circumstances had allowed her | 我只是希望她的处境 |
[28:52] | to make a different one. | 能允许她做不同的决定 |
[28:54] | You have to see this. | 您过来看看这个 |
[28:55] | They’re live on Prince Yousif announcing he’s prosecuting | 他们在直播优素福王子在巴林 |
[28:57] | the Hassanis in Bahrain. | 公诉哈萨尼夫妇 |
[28:58] | What? | 什么 |
[28:59] | …and are being processed as I speak. | 我讲话的同时 进程正在推进 |
[29:03] | Justice will be served. | 公正终将得以伸张 |
[29:08] | Now, to those countrymen who will reframe | 对于那些对此次修正措施 |
[29:11] | this course correction | 持有不同意见的 |
[29:14] | as dissent in my family, | 我的家族同胞们 |
[29:17] | I say | 我想说 |
[29:20] | some dissent is good, | 有点分歧是好的 |
[29:23] | especially when standing up for the right reasons. | 尤其是为了正确的理由 |
[29:26] | I’m guessing your dinner had something to do with this? | 我猜您那晚的私宴也帮了不少忙吧 |
[29:29] | Who knew my pot roast was that effective? | 我也不知道我的炖肉这么有效啊 |
[29:32] | Thank you all for your attention. | 谢谢大家 |
[29:37] | Madam Secretary! | 国务卿 |
[29:39] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[30:06] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[30:09] | the funeral has been scheduled for tomorrow | 葬礼定在当地时间 |
[30:12] | 4:00 p.m. local time. | 明天下午四点 |
[30:14] | You’ll need to leave from Andrews by midnight tonight. | 您得今天午夜从安德鲁斯空军基地出发 |
[30:18] | Any news? | 有没有新的消息 |
[30:20] | Have they I.D.’d the gunman? | 他们确定持枪歹徒身份了吗 |
[30:22] | He was a member of Al-Jinna, a radical opposition party. | 是激进反对党阿拉金那的成员 |
[30:25] | Apparently, the text of the speech was leaked | 发言稿的内容似乎在新闻发布会 |
[30:28] | a few hours before the press conference. | 开始几小时前被泄露了 |
[30:29] | Ma’am, | 国务卿 |
[30:30] | your request to participate in the funeral has been denied. | 您参加葬礼的申请被拒绝了 |
[30:33] | You’ll have to stay in the back of the mosque with the women, | 您得和其他妇女一起待在清真寺后面 |
[30:35] | behind an opaque curtain. | 在遮光帘背后 |
[30:37] | How-how does that work? | 怎么会那样 |
[30:38] | Only men are allowed to participate in the funeral procession. | 只有男人可以参加葬礼 |
[30:40] | Ma’am, the image of the American | 国务卿 您试想一下 |
[30:43] | Secretary of State cloistered behind a curtain | 美国国务卿被挡于帘后 |
[30:46] | because she’s a woman… | 就因为她是个女人 |
[30:48] | You’d be allowing the Bahrainis to undermine your authority | 您这样会让巴林人损害您 |
[30:50] | as a representative of the United States. | 作为美国代表的权威 |
[30:52] | And as a woman. | 和作为女性的尊严 |
[30:54] | Maybe I shouldn’t go. | 我也许不该去 |
[30:56] | Boycott the funeral? | 抵制参加葬礼吗 |
[30:57] | I’d advise against that. | 我建议不要 |
[30:59] | Could be interpreted as a critique of a whole culture, | 这是对整个文化的批判 |
[31:01] | not the event. | 而不仅是一个葬礼的事了 |
[31:02] | You just said going would undermine her position. | 你刚才说去了会损害她的权威 |
[31:04] | Now staying home is a critique? | 现在又说不去是批判 |
[31:05] | What are you advocating? | 你到底建议怎么做 |
[31:06] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[31:07] | This is complicated. | 这事很复杂 |
[31:08] | I’m not here to sit in judgment of the Bahraini culture | 我来这里不是要批判巴林文化 |
[31:12] | or change it. | 或改变巴林文化的 |
[31:13] | But it is my job | 但我的职责 |
[31:14] | to represent ours without devaluing my office. | 就是代表国家 保证我国权威不受损害 |
[31:19] | Or gender. | 性别不受歧视 |
[31:20] | There’s also the base to consider. | 而且还有海军基地的事也要考虑 |
[31:22] | According to DOD, the Bahrainis | 国防部说巴林方面 |
[31:24] | are already holding up supply shipments to Manama. | 已经拦截了我军向麦纳麦的供给航运 |
[31:28] | They’re doing a full about-face. | 他们完全倒转了态度 |
[31:30] | Whatever gains we thought we made are through. | 我们快到手的成果完全泡汤了 |
[31:33] | But, Ma’am, would you really miss | 但是国务卿 您真要错过 |
[31:36] | Prince Obaid’s funeral? | 奥贝德王子的葬礼吗 |
[31:56] | So you’re not on the board anymore. So what? | 就算你不在董事会了 那又怎样 |
[31:59] | Did you really need to lie about it for all these years? | 真有必要这么多年来都用谎言隐瞒此事吗 |
[32:05] | – Dad, please talk to me. – You don’t know what it’s like. | -爸 你说点什么啊 -你不懂 |
[32:08] | Okay. So tell me. | 好吧 那请你给我讲讲 |
[32:10] | What? That I’m irrelevant? | 给你讲什么 讲我无关紧要了 |
[32:13] | That I got kicked off the board like an old piece of rust? | 像破烂似的被踢出了委员会 |
[32:16] | Eh. You don’t want to know about me anyway. | 反正你本来也不怎么关心我 |
[32:18] | You’ve got your own fancy life. | 你自己过着你幸福的小日子 |
[32:20] | Hey. Everything I have, I worked for. | 我拥有的一切都是我自己努力争取的 |
[32:22] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[32:23] | Because you taught me that. | 因为努力的精神是你教我的 |
[32:25] | I saw you get up early in the morning to go to the shop. | 我看着你每天早起去打工 |
[32:28] | I saw you come home late from the union meetings. | 我看着你因为工会的会议而晚归 |
[32:32] | It made an impression. | 给我留下了深刻的印象 |
[32:34] | It still does. | 现在我都记得 |
[32:40] | You better tell that Stevie of yours to watch her attitude. | 你应该让你们家斯蒂芬改改她的脾气 |
[32:44] | She still looks up to you, you know. | 她还是很尊敬你的 |
[32:49] | There’s a lot to look up to. | 你还是有值得尊敬的地方的 |
[32:57] | I want to go home. | 我要回家 |
[32:58] | W… Dad. What? Don’t go. | 爸 干什么啊 别走 |
[33:00] | – Just please stay. – No, take me to the bus. | -请你留下 -不 带我去公交站 |
[33:01] | The bus? Please, | 公交站 拜托 |
[33:03] | let me at least buy you a plane ticket. | 至少让我给你买张机票回去吧 |
[33:04] | No, I’m not gonna have you spring for an… | 不 我才不需要你买张机票 |
[33:07] | airplane ticket for the poor old man. | 来施舍这个可怜的老家伙 |
[33:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[33:14] | I’ll take you to the bus. | 我送你去公交站 |
[33:27] | Hello? | 我回来啦 |
[33:34] | Hi, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[33:37] | I’m sorry about Yousif. | 优素福的事我很遗憾 |
[33:39] | – Thank you. – I can’t believe it; he was just here. | -谢谢 -难以置信 他才刚来过呢 |
[33:43] | He was cool. | 他人很好 |
[33:44] | He was cool. | 他是很好 |
[33:46] | It’s kind of weird that he’s dead. | 他死了感觉真奇怪 |
[33:48] | Seriously? | 你这说的什么话 |
[33:50] | It is weird. | 确实很奇怪 |
[33:53] | If I do go, some people are gonna think | 如果我去 那么有些人就会认为 |
[33:55] | that the United States is officially condoning patriarchy. | 美国政府是在公开接受男权主义 |
[33:58] | If I don’t go, | 如果我不去 |
[33:59] | then I’m skipping my friend’s funeral. | 那就无法参加我朋友的葬礼了 |
[34:01] | It’s just, the whole thing, it’s impossible. | 这种状况简直是 两难的绝境 |
[34:03] | Say your prayers standing, | 祈祷时请起立 |
[34:04] | but if you are unable, sitting; | 如果无法起立 那便坐下祈祷 |
[34:06] | and if unable, on your sides. | 如果无法坐立 躺下祈祷也行 |
[34:08] | Okay, a little help interpreting that? | 能给我解释一下吗 |
[34:10] | I have no idea what that means. | 完全不知道你在说什么 |
[34:11] | It means that you can honor Yousif | 意思是就算不能亲自前去 |
[34:13] | even if you decide not to go. | 你也一样可以向优素福致敬 |
[34:14] | – Says who? – Uh, the Prophet Mohammed. | -谁的话啊 -先知穆罕默德 |
[34:18] | The Bahrainis are already holding up body armor shipments | 巴林方面已经拦截了美军 |
[34:21] | for thousands of American soldiers. | 数千防弹衣等装备的运输 |
[34:23] | I mean, who knows how far they’ll go | 如果他们认为我在侮辱他们 |
[34:25] | if they think that I’m humiliating them. | 谁知道他们还会做出什么事来 |
[34:28] | Babe, just relax. | 放松 |
[34:30] | Come on, close your eyes. | 来吧 闭上眼睛 |
[34:32] | Just forget all of these arguments. | 把所有考虑的因素都忘记 |
[34:34] | Forget everything. | 什么都别想 |
[34:36] | What do you feel in your heart? | 你心里的真实感受是什么 |
[34:40] | He’s my friend. I want to go. | 他是我朋友 我想去 |
[34:44] | Then go. | 那就去吧 |
[34:44] | But isn’t it selfish of me to put my personal needs | 但是让我把个人情感置于工作责任之上 |
[34:47] | over the duties of my position? | 这难道不是自私吗 |
[34:48] | Would you give yourself a pass? | 能不能就这一次不要这么苛责自己 |
[34:50] | I’m the one who convinced Joey | 是我劝说乔伊 |
[34:51] | to come out against the Hassanis. | 对抗哈萨尼夫妇的 |
[34:53] | I knew that his enemies were sharpening their knives. | 我知道他的敌人们已经磨刀霍霍了 |
[34:56] | – Do I get a pass on that, too? – Yes. | -这也能被原谅吗 -可以 |
[34:58] | Joey was murdered by a madman. | 乔伊是被疯子杀掉的 |
[35:00] | Well, they need provocation, too. | 不被刺激疯子也不会乱杀人的 |
[35:01] | Look, you pushed him to do what was right — | 你是说服他做了正确的事 |
[35:04] | that’s what he loved about you. | 这正是他喜欢你的地方 |
[35:05] | Yes, and if I hadn’t, then he might still be alive! | 没错 如果我没有 他也就不会死了 |
[35:09] | Friendship that insists upon agreement on all things | 要求对方完全同意自己的观点 |
[35:12] | isn’t worth the name. | 这并非友谊 |
[35:15] | That’s Gandhi. | 甘地的话 |
[35:17] | Okay, that one I get. | 好吧 这句我懂了 |
[35:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:24] | But Gandhi doesn’t have to pick | 但是甘地不需要在一小时内 |
[35:25] | between his country and his friend within the next hour. | 在自己的国家和朋友间做出抉择啊 |
[35:33] | She’s cutting it kinda close, huh? | 她是打算赶在最后一分钟上飞机了吧 |
[35:35] | Give her a break. | 别逼她了 |
[35:36] | – Her friend died. – Not to mention | -她的朋友去世了 -更别说 |
[35:38] | the security of the Middle East hangs in the balance. | 中东的安全也岌岌可危了 |
[35:41] | Well, if we leave here within the next 30 minutes, | 如果我们半小时内出发 |
[35:44] | we can still make it. | 还能赶得上 |
[35:45] | The Secretary is on her way to Andrews. | 国务卿在去安德鲁斯机场的路上了 |
[35:47] | All right, let’s rock and roll! | 好的 我们也出发吧 |
[35:49] | No, no. She’s going. | 不不 是她去 |
[35:51] | We are not. | 我们不去 |
[36:06] | Thank you for arranging this last-minute. | 感谢你在这么短的时间内做好安排 |
[36:09] | The funeral is starting shortly. | 葬礼马上就要开始了 |
[36:11] | You have just a few minutes. | 你只有几分钟时间 |
[36:18] | Thank you, Frank. | 谢谢你 弗兰克 |
[36:22] | King Naheen, Your Majesty, | 国王纳西 陛下 |
[36:25] | I’m so very sorry for your loss. | 您痛失爱子 我感到非常悲痛 |
[36:29] | Thank you for coming, Secretary McCord. | 谢谢您能前来 国务卿麦考德 |
[36:32] | Please, I’m not here in any official capacity. | 请别这样 我并非是代表官方前来的 |
[36:35] | I came to pay my respects to you. | 我此行谨想向您致意 |
[36:39] | Today I’m just Lizzie. | 今天我只是普通的丽兹 |
[36:42] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[36:44] | Yousif’s friend from Houghton. | 优素福来自霍顿的朋友 |
[36:48] | He spoke highly of you. | 他对你可是评价甚高 |
[36:54] | I cared very deeply for your son. | 您的儿子对我来说很重要 |
[37:03] | How did it… come to this? | 事情 为什么会变成这样 |
[37:09] | He was always trying to convince you of something. | 他总是爱和人辩论 |
[37:15] | Always… | 总是 |
[37:16] | an argument. | 在辩论 |
[37:19] | I would give anything to argue with him again. | 如果能再次和他辩论 我愿意付出任何代价 |
[37:25] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[37:36] | Surprise. | 惊喜吧 |
[37:38] | Glenn. | 格伦 |
[37:40] | I wasn’t expecting you until tonight. | 我以为你晚上才来呢 |
[37:42] | I know we’re keeping things hush-hush, | 我知道你不想让别人知道 |
[37:44] | but I had a meeting downstairs about the lease renewal | 但我刚在楼下开了个会 |
[37:46] | for the International Space Station. | 是关于国际空间站续租的问题 |
[37:48] | I couldn’t help myself. | 我实在无法抗拒上来的冲动 |
[37:51] | Bad move, huh? | 不明智 对吧 |
[37:54] | If anyone asks, you say | 要有人问起就说 我来找你是为了 |
[37:55] | I came about the Nauru telescope. | 有关瑙鲁望远镜的事情 |
[37:58] | I lost the pen you gave me. | 我把你送我的笔弄丢了 |
[38:00] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:03] | It was such a thoughtful gift, and I… | 如此贴心的礼物 而我 |
[38:05] | – I’m so sorry. – Hey, hey, hey. | -真的很抱歉 -听着 |
[38:07] | Don’t beat yourself up about one pen. | 不要因为笔的事而谴责自己 |
[38:09] | – I’ve got 50 more at work. – You do? | -我办公室还有五十支 -真的吗 |
[38:12] | You have no idea how much writing gets done in space. | 你想不到在太空中大伙有多喜欢写东西 |
[38:14] | People get very poetic up there. | 人到了太空就会变得特别有诗意 |
[38:19] | I’ll bring you another pen tonight, I promise. | 今晚我再带一支过来 我保证 |
[38:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:25] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:32] | I have to tell you something. | 我必须要告诉你一件事情 |
[38:37] | Tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[38:39] | For the last six years, | 过去六年来 |
[38:42] | I was in a relationship… | 我同一位有妇之夫 |
[38:44] | with a married man. | 保持着来往 |
[38:45] | I am very… | 我非常 |
[38:48] | very ashamed of myself. | 非常替自己感到羞耻 |
[38:52] | I appreciate you sharing. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[38:56] | But… | 但是 |
[38:58] | I don’t care. | 我不在意 |
[39:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[39:03] | We’re both grown-ups. | 我们都是成年人了 |
[39:05] | I’ve got my stuff, too. | 我自己也有过去 |
[39:08] | I know it’s not obvious, since I’m… | 我知道不太看得出来 因为我 |
[39:11] | such a Casanova, | 是如此一位风流浪子 |
[39:13] | but… I’m not that used to relationships. | 但是 我还没怎么谈过恋爱 |
[39:18] | You know? | 明白吗 |
[39:19] | I’m so obsessed with stuff that’s light-years away, | 我被几光年以外的东西迷恋住了 |
[39:21] | I sometimes lose sight of the beauty and the wonder | 有时候会错失近在眼前的 |
[39:24] | right here on Earth. | 美丽和神奇 |
[39:44] | I saw nothing. | 我什么都没有看见 |
[39:45] | Tell whoever you want. | 随你去说 |
[39:50] | You’ll never guess who Nadine is dating. | 你绝对猜不到 纳丁在跟谁谈恋爱 |
[39:52] | Oh, oh, God, who? | 我的天呐 是谁 |
[39:55] | – Madam Secretary. – Madam Secretary. | -国务卿女士 -国务卿女士 |
[39:57] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[39:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:59] | How was your trip? | 这一趟走得怎么样 |
[40:01] | Well, it was a lot of flying. | 飞行了很久 |
[40:03] | But I’m glad I went. | 但我很高兴我去了 |
[40:05] | Uh, Admiral Hill asked to see you as soon as you got back. | 希尔上将要求您回来以后能尽快见到您 |
[40:22] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[40:24] | Admiral Hill. | 希尔上将 |
[40:27] | If you’re here to torment me over my decision, | 如果你是来拿我的决定折磨我的 |
[40:29] | you’re too late…I beat you to it. | 那你来晚了 我已经在折磨自己了 |
[40:31] | I understand Prince Yousif was your friend. | 我知道优素福王子是你的挚友 |
[40:34] | Please accept my condolences. | 请接受我的哀悼 |
[40:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:38] | My fellow chiefs thought it was a bad call | 参谋长联席会议的成员们认为 |
[40:40] | that you chose not to attend the funeral. | 你选择不出席葬礼并不明智 |
[40:41] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that. | 那么抱歉了 |
[40:44] | Then again, I don’t think any of them | 但话说回来 他们中又没有人 |
[40:46] | have ever sat in a staff meeting and had their ideas undermined | 曾经坐在会议上 被一群男性下属 |
[40:50] | by male subordinates to their face. | 当面贬低 |
[40:52] | Well, I’m not military, but… | 我不是军人 但是 |
[40:54] | I don’t think that’s how chains of command are supposed to work. | 我认为指挥系统应该不是这么运作的 |
[40:59] | Well, I’m in charge now, and… | 现在我来掌事了 |
[41:01] | I think you made the right call to not attend. | 我认为你选择不出席是正确的 |
[41:04] | What about the base at Manama? | 麦纳麦的基地怎么样了 |
[41:06] | The Bahrainis have started allowing | 巴林方面又开始 |
[41:08] | their shipments through again. | 放行我们的运输船了 |
[41:10] | I don’t know what you did over there, but it worked. | 我不清楚你做了什么 但显然有效了 |
[41:12] | I’m glad to hear it. | 很高兴听到这个消息 |
[41:14] | As… | 作为 |
[41:15] | Chairwoman of the Joint Chiefs, | 参谋长联席会议的女主席 |
[41:18] | I have to speak for all the chiefs. | 我不得不为所有的参谋长们说话 |
[41:21] | That can cause me to adopt a… | 这会导致我使用 |
[41:25] | a slightly different tone. | 些许不同的口气 |
[41:28] | This is what I sound like when I speak for myself. | 这是我为自己说话时候的口气 |
[41:31] | I like this one better. | 我比较喜欢这种 |
[41:34] | I’ll enjoy it while it lasts. | 我要趁现在赶紧享受 |
[41:41] | Mike, just right there would be great. | 迈克 放在那里就好了 |
[41:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:45] | – Hey. You’re home early. – Hi. | -你提前回来了 -在家呢 |
[41:51] | Yeah. Slow day at the office. | 是的 办公室没什么事 |
[41:56] | I saw a little bit of the funeral on TV. | 我在电视上收看了一点葬礼 |
[41:59] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:00] | How’s the king? | 国王还好吗 |
[42:01] | Sad. | 很伤心 |
[42:04] | I felt bad getting back on my plane, | 我搭飞机回来的途中很难过 |
[42:07] | you know, but… | 但是 |
[42:09] | I’m glad I went. I… | 我很高兴我去了 我 |
[42:10] | I think I did the right thing. | 我觉得自己选择对了 |
[42:15] | Hey, Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[42:18] | I watched the funeral. | 我收看了葬礼 |
[42:19] | Saw that you weren’t there. | 看到你不在现场 |
[42:21] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[42:23] | My friend Hannah was… impressed. | 我朋友汉娜对你 刮目相看 |
[42:26] | “Hannah was impressed”. Okay. | “汉娜对你刮目相看” 好吧 |
[42:28] | I was pretty proud. | 我很骄傲 |
[42:31] | Also, | 同时 |
[42:32] | I realized something. | 我意识到了 |
[42:37] | I need to stop defining you by your worst moments. | 我不能再用你最糟糕的时刻来给你下定论 |
[42:40] | It’s like you said when I left, you know… | 就像我离开家时 你对我说的 |
[42:42] | life is complicated, and… | 生活并不简单 |
[42:45] | I can hate some things you’ve done, but… | 尽管会讨厌你的一些行为 但是 |
[42:48] | I can still respect you for everything else. | 我仍然因为其他所有事情而尊敬你 |
[42:53] | Stevie, that means so much to me. | 斯蒂芬 你这话对我来说意义重大 |
[42:55] | – I… Okay. – Also, | -我… 是 -还有 |
[42:57] | if it’s cool with you guys, | 要是你们不介意 |
[42:59] | I was thinking about moving back home for a while. | 我想搬回来住一段时间 |
[43:05] | Hannah’s couch is… | 汉娜的沙发睡起来 |
[43:07] | pretty lumpy. | 相当不舒服 |
[43:08] | Yeah, that’s cool. | 好的 没问题 |