时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | So Jason comes home and tells us | 杰森回家告诉我们 |
[00:07] | that he is joining the debate team at school. | 他加入学校的辩论队了 |
[00:10] | We’re thrilled. | 好事啊 |
[00:11] | What better use of his naturally argumentative nature, right? | 他好辩的天份真是有用武之地了 |
[00:16] | Then… then he leaves the room, | 结果 他刚一走 |
[00:19] | and Henry turns to me and says, | 亨利就问我 |
[00:21] | “Do we really want him getting better at it?” | “咱们真想培养他辩论的本事吗” |
[00:26] | I’m sorry, I’m talking too much about my kids. | 对不起 我总在聊我的孩子 |
[00:29] | – Oh, no. – Because you can’t talk about work, it’s understood. | -没关系 -你又不能聊工作 我们理解 |
[00:31] | Oh, I can — everybody is. | 怎么不能聊 反正大家都在聊我的事 |
[00:34] | Ah, you’re going before | 对了 你这周要在 |
[00:35] | the House Appropriations Committee this week, huh? | 众议院拨款委员会前作证 是吧 |
[00:37] | To defend my budget. | 为我的预算做辩护 |
[00:39] | Oh, squaring off with Chairman Everard Burke. | 跟埃弗拉德·伯克主席来场恶战 |
[00:41] | Mmm, affectionately known on the Hill as Burke the Ripper. | 国会的人都亲切称他为”开膛手伯克” |
[00:44] | Every single one of our outreach programs is under fire. | 我们每一个扶贫项目都被打压了 |
[00:48] | It’s gonna take some fancy footwork. | 得跑跑腿 好好疏通一下才行 |
[00:51] | You’ll be fine — you got very fancy feet. | 会没事的 你”跑腿”的本事不错 |
[00:54] | Fancy shoes. | 鞋不错倒是真的 |
[00:55] | And how’s everything else? | 其他的一切都好吗 |
[01:00] | Guys, I mean it, how’s everything else? | 我问你们呢 其他一切都好吗 |
[01:02] | It’s fine. | 挺好 |
[01:03] | It’s great. Thank you for cooking, by the way. | 很好 忘了说 谢谢你的款待 |
[01:05] | – Yeah. – That’s a really big treat. | -没错 -真是一顿大餐 |
[01:06] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[01:07] | I realize it’s the only way to keep spy reunion going. | 也只有这样 咱才能好好聚会了 |
[01:11] | You and Isabelle don’t want to be seen | 你和伊莎贝尔又不想在华盛顿的 |
[01:12] | palling around D.C. hotspots. | 热点地区被拍到在一起 |
[01:14] | Not while you’re investigating Marsh’s death. | 毕竟你们在调查马什的死因 |
[01:16] | We’re not investigating anything. | 我们什么也没调查 |
[01:17] | We just can’t cook. | 我们只是不会做饭 |
[01:18] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[01:19] | Right, let’s eat. | 好了 吃饭吧 |
[01:21] | Let’s. | 开吃 |
[01:26] | Bear up the bum. | 坐到熊宝宝了 |
[01:27] | – Very sweet. – I’m sorry. | -真可爱 -抱歉 |
[01:29] | I didn’t do the toy sweep. | 我忘了收拾玩具 |
[01:30] | Mmm, too bad we couldn’t see the kids. | 真可惜没见到孩子们 |
[01:31] | Are they with their dad tonight? | 他们今晚去爸爸那儿了吗 |
[01:36] | They are. | 是的 |
[01:39] | All week. | 一整周都是 |
[01:40] | Every week. | 每周都是 |
[01:42] | What? | 什么 |
[01:44] | I just lost custody. | 我失去监护权了 |
[01:46] | – Wha… how? Why? – What? | -什…怎么回事 为什么 -什么 |
[01:49] | The judge decided | 法官认为 |
[01:51] | that I have a demanding and high-risk occupation. | 我从事的工作占用我太多时间 风险高 |
[01:56] | They’re better off with their father, a banker. | 孩子们还是跟银行家的父亲更妥 |
[01:58] | He literally has banker’s hours. | 他的工作安逸舒适 朝九晚五 |
[02:00] | Oh, that’s outrageous. | 太不讲理了 |
[02:01] | Come on, there has to be some kind of recourse? | 没有其他办法再争取了吗 |
[02:05] | I’ll keep fighting it. | 我会抗争到底的 |
[02:06] | It’s just gonna drag on forever. | 得耗上一辈子了 |
[02:08] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[02:09] | Is there anything we can do? | 我们能帮上忙吗 |
[02:11] | You know a guy with a baseball bat? | 你认识手持棒球棍的打手吗 |
[02:13] | Several, in fact. | 还真认识几个 |
[02:18] | Out of the three of us, it’s not like there’s a | 在咱仨中 这点上 |
[02:19] | – big competition for me. – Yeah, there’s no competition, I know. | -我当然是站上风了 -我们比不上 |
[02:22] | – Good-bye, honey. – Good-bye. I love you. | -再见 亲爱的 -再见了 爱你 |
[02:24] | You’re always welcome. | 随时欢迎你们来 |
[02:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[02:30] | That was rough. | 真是让人难过 |
[02:31] | That was rough. | 的确是 |
[02:33] | Poor Juliet. | 可怜的茱莉叶 |
[02:34] | So, what’s going on with the Marsh case? | 马什的案子有进展了吗 |
[02:37] | Munsey’s on it. | 蒙西在负责 |
[02:40] | I’ll keep in touch. | 我会跟你联系的 |
[02:42] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[02:56] | Really? | 没搞错吧 |
[02:57] | The budget is this long? | 预算内容有这么多 |
[02:59] | No, that’s just a summary of your talking points. | 不是 这只是您的辩护论点摘要 |
[03:02] | The Appropriations Committee’s a snake pit. | 拨款委员会的人都是疯子 |
[03:04] | You can never be too prepared. | 有备无患总是好的 |
[03:05] | Especially when it’s being led | 尤其现在 他们的领头是您的老相识 |
[03:07] | by your old friend, Everard Burke. | 埃弗拉德·伯克 |
[03:09] | Let me guess, he’s gunning for the Microloan Program. | 我猜 他把火力对准了小额贷款计划 |
[03:11] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[03:12] | Burke hates anything that smacks of a government giveaway. | 伯克痛恨任何类似政府放款的项目 |
[03:14] | These loans are an easy target. | 小额贷款正中他的”靶心” |
[03:16] | Even if we get that money back? | 款项事后能收回都不行吗 |
[03:17] | I mean, what part of the word “loan” does he not understand? | 他是看不懂”贷款”这个词吗 |
[03:20] | Loans equal liability. | 有贷款就有负债 |
[03:21] | Doesn’t help that you’re increasing its budget next year. | 您明年想增加这个计划的预算更是火上浇油 |
[03:23] | Are you saying Chairman Burke doesn’t like me? | 你是说伯克主席不喜欢我吗 |
[03:24] | Chairman Burke hates you. | 伯克主席讨厌您 |
[03:25] | Well, don’t sugarcoat it. | 别说得那么”好听” |
[03:27] | And why? | 为什么呢 |
[03:28] | Because I can outdrive him off the tee? | 就因为我高尔夫比他打得好吗 |
[03:30] | ‘Cause of your polling numbers. | 因为您的民调数字 |
[03:32] | Your approval ratings are higher than the President’s. | 您的支持率比总统的还高 |
[03:34] | Everybody hates a winner. | 所有人都恨冠军 |
[03:35] | Now, see, I thought that saying… | 不对啊 我一直以为… |
[03:37] | expression… I thought it was the opposite. | 我是说 不是所有人都喜欢冠军吗 |
[03:38] | As your policy advisor, I’m advising you to cut the program. | 作为您的政策顾问 我建议您取消这项目 |
[03:42] | Strongly advising. | 强烈建议 |
[03:43] | Duly noted, Jay. Thank you. | 我知道了 杰伊 谢谢 |
[03:44] | Ma’am, I disagree. | 国务卿 我不同意 |
[03:45] | It’s one of our most promising programs. | 这是我们最有价值的项目之一 |
[03:47] | I mean, by providing small low-interest loans, | 通过提供低利率的小额贷款 |
[03:49] | we’ve turned thousands of women into entrepreneurs. | 我们帮助了上千名女人转型创业者 |
[03:51] | Prosperity reduces conflict. | 经济繁荣减少社会矛盾 |
[03:54] | Which I think I’m safe in saying is the whole point of diplomacy. | 我说这正是外交的重心 这话没错吧 |
[03:58] | And that’s scripted in your talking points. | 这也是您讲稿中的论点之一 |
[03:59] | All Burke cares about is the number on the page. | 伯克只关心报告上呈现的数字 |
[04:01] | You’re not gonna sway him with a Kumbaya moment. | 扮救世主这一套说服不了他 |
[04:04] | Cut the program. It’ll knock the wind out of his sails, | 取消项目吧 这会让他没错可挑 |
[04:06] | and the rest of the budget will fly through. | 预算的其他部分就顺利通过了 |
[04:07] | I know it sounds bloodless, | 我知道这听起来很残酷 |
[04:09] | but you’re not gonna survive your first budget | 但如果您的第一次预算就在听证会上 |
[04:11] | getting decimated in a public hearing. | 被否决 您是撑不下来的 |
[04:12] | Ma’am, Jay has a point. | 国务卿女士 杰伊说得有道理 |
[04:13] | We have to look at the bigger picture. | 我们眼光要放远 |
[04:15] | Is it reasonable to risk the whole budget | 让整个预算为这一个项目冒险 |
[04:18] | for a single program? | 是否值得 |
[04:19] | -Yes, yes. – Yes, it is, please don’t give up on this. | -当然值得 -值得 求您了 别放弃这项目 |
[04:22] | We can win it. | 我们能赢的 |
[04:22] | – Give me an argument, let me hear it. – Gladly — | -说说理由 我听听 -乐意之至 |
[04:24] | Nhung Chuang. | 庄蓉 |
[04:26] | With a $200 loan, | 用她两百美元的贷款 |
[04:27] | she organized her entire village into an agricultural co-op. | 为整个村子组织建立了农业合作社 |
[04:32] | Three years ago, | 三年前 |
[04:33] | they were surviving off of government subsidies. | 他们还依靠着政府补助生活 |
[04:35] | Now they’re self-sufficient. | 现在他们自给自足 |
[04:36] | And for the first time, sending their kids to school. | 而且终于解决了孩子们的上学问题 |
[04:38] | And there are a thousand other stories just like hers. | 还有上千个像她这样的故事 |
[04:42] | – Bring her to the hearing as your guest. – Oh, come on. | -请她出席您的听证会 -拜托 |
[04:44] | I mean, her testimonial could be very powerful. | 她的证词就是掷地有声的支撑啊 |
[04:45] | Does she even have command of the language? | 她能说英语吗 |
[04:47] | – I-I doubt it. – Has she ever even been outside of the village? | -可能不会吧 -她出过自己那个村子吗 |
[04:49] | – Come on. – I mean, what, is she gonna suddenly turn | -行了 -她一面对国会议员和电视镜头 |
[04:51] | into William Jennings Bryan | 就能立刻变身成 |
[04:51] | 威廉·詹宁斯·布赖恩 美国政治家 颇有吸引力的演说家 | |
[04:52] | in front of Congressmen and TV cameras? | 威廉·詹宁斯·布赖恩吗 |
[04:54] | – No. No, we don’t need that talk. – Jay. | -不 这种话太消极了 -杰伊 |
[04:55] | Your passion has crossed over into defeatism. | 你的态度过于消极了 |
[04:58] | And it’s annoying. | 有点烦人了 |
[05:01] | I apologize, Ma’am. | 对不起 国务卿 |
[05:03] | I want her as my guest at the hearing. | 我希望能邀请她参加听证会 |
[05:06] | Put her on a plane, get her a translator, | 给她订上飞机票 找个翻译 |
[05:09] | prep her as best you can. | 尽可能帮她做好准备 |
[05:10] | We may lose this one, but we will go down swinging. | 我们可能会输 但也要拼命一搏 |
[05:14] | Hey, Jay, | 杰伊 |
[05:16] | your frustration is duly noted. | 我知道你很沮丧 |
[05:18] | But this is what we’re doing, so get on board, okay? | 但事情已经定了 同心协力 行吗 |
[05:23] | I serve at the pleasure, Madam Secretary. | 乐意效劳 国务卿女士 |
[05:26] | Yes, you do. | 那就好 |
[05:28] | Ah, ah, ah, that’s… I can… pass that. | 我能够得到 |
[05:30] | Sweetie, what are you doing just pushing your food around? | 亲爱的 怎么一口饭都不吃 |
[05:32] | We agreed — I cook one night a week, | 我们都说好了 我每周做一次晚饭 |
[05:34] | and we all just get through it. | 然后大家一起好好挺过 |
[05:35] | – It’s good. – I’m sorry, Mom. | -很好吃啊 -妈妈 对不起 |
[05:36] | I’m just worried about my history test. | 我只是在担心我的历史测试 |
[05:38] | – Why? -What? I quizzed you. You know your stuff. | -为什么 -我给你做过测验 你都会啊 |
[05:40] | Yeah, I know, | 我知道 |
[05:41] | but I have this weird thing on the actual test, | 但是每次真的考试时我就会慌张 |
[05:43] | I just… I completely freeze up. | 完全…不知所措 |
[05:45] | Yeah, it’s called not being good at school. | 是啊 这叫不好好读书 |
[05:47] | – That’s not helpful. – And yet my GPA is higher than yours. | -别这么说 -但我的绩点比你高 |
[05:49] | Yes, because I don’t apply myself. | 是啊 那是因为我没有尽全力 |
[05:52] | Oh, like that’s some secret. | 好像你不知道似的 |
[05:53] | You’ve seen it on every report card. | 每张反馈卡上老师都是这样平价的 |
[05:54] | Okay, you know what, go upstairs, study. | 这样吧 上楼看书去吧 |
[05:56] | We’ll clean up. | 我们会收拾的 |
[05:57] | No, I have homework, too. | 不 我也有作业 |
[05:58] | – All right. Fine, go. Go apply yourself. – Okay. | -好好好 你去尽你的全力吧 -行 |
[06:03] | Are you done? | 你吃好了吗 |
[06:05] | – Um, yeah. Thank you. – Now you see, if you were back in school, | -吃好了 谢谢 -你瞧 要是你还在读书 |
[06:08] | you get out of clean up, too. | 你也可以逃脱洗碗的 |
[06:09] | Hilarious, Dad. | 真好笑 爸爸 |
[06:12] | So are you all prepared | 明天去国会作证的事情 |
[06:14] | to testify before Congress tomorrow? | 都准备好了吗 |
[06:16] | I’ve been practicing in front of the mirror, | 我在镜子前练了好久 |
[06:17] | and apparently I do this a lot. | 他们说我经常做这个表情 |
[06:20] | Which they say makes me look angry and old. | 还说这让我看上去又老又愤怒 |
[06:22] | Why didn’t you guys tell me about it? | 你们为什么都没告诉过我 |
[06:24] | – What? – Yes. | -什么 -他们就是这样说的呀 |
[06:26] | – Baby, it’s cute, it’s cute. – I’m gonna try and stop it. | -宝贝 挺可爱的 -我会尽力不这样 |
[06:28] | – No, it’s not cute. – I like it. | -一点也不可爱 -我很喜欢 |
[06:29] | You like… that’s… you’re not the right guy to ask, I know better. | 你…我不该问你的 我就知道 |
[06:32] | Seriously, though, I mean, | 但是说真的 |
[06:33] | how can-how can they cut the Microloan Program? | 他们怎么能取消小额贷款计划呢 |
[06:36] | Politicians are always yelling | 那些政客们老是 |
[06:38] | about how they need to get | 喊着他们需要 |
[06:39] | the developing world off their payroll. | 停止为发展中国家买单 |
[06:41] | And yet they’re not willing | 但是当人们 |
[06:43] | to give people a leg up that they need | 需要发展自己的事业时 |
[06:45] | when they’re starting their own businesses? | 却不愿意伸出援手 |
[06:46] | It’s like, it’s not just people, too. | 这不仅仅关乎人民 |
[06:48] | I mean, it’s women, it’s disgusting. | 这可是关乎女性的问题 太恶心了 |
[06:50] | Well, that’s what I intend to tell them. | 我就打算这么跟他们说 |
[06:51] | Without actually calling them disgusting. | 但不能当面说他们恶心 |
[06:54] | Or knitting your brow. | 也不能皱眉头 |
[06:55] | But, honestly, sweetheart, can we just talk | 但是亲爱的 我们能好好谈谈 |
[06:57] | about the school thing, please. | 学校的事吗 可以吗 |
[06:58] | Mom, we’re not getting into that. | 妈 我不想谈这个 |
[07:00] | The deadline for reapplying to Lovell is coming up. | 再次申请洛弗尔大学的期限快到了 |
[07:03] | Well, it doesn’t have to be Lovell, it’s the deadline | 不一定要申请洛弗尔 可这个期限 |
[07:04] | for-for any college. | 任何大学都一样 |
[07:06] | – Oh, my God. – It’s a good time to talk about it. | -天呐 -现在正好可以谈谈 |
[07:08] | Since when did you guys become so obsessed | 你们俩什么时候这么在意 |
[07:11] | – with college education? – Alright. | -大学教育了 -好 |
[07:12] | Speaking for myself, it was about the time | 就我而言 是从我决定 |
[07:14] | I decided to be a college educator. | 成为高校教育工作者开始 |
[07:17] | So all of these guys that you’re about to testify to, | 你在听证会上要面对的那些人 |
[07:20] | the ones who are, you know, holding the sword of Damocles | 那些人手持达摩克利斯之剑 |
[07:22] | over the heads of women trying to better themselves, | 悬在女性的头顶 只为自己牟取利益 |
[07:25] | they all have college educations. Right? | 他们也是受过大学教育的 对吧 |
[07:28] | – Right… – I rest my case. | -是这样没错… -我的话讲完了 |
[07:32] | Okay, but that sword of Damocles reference, | 好吧 但那个达摩克利斯之剑的比喻 |
[07:35] | I bet you learned that in college. | 肯定是在大学里学的 |
[07:36] | No, that was probably high school. | 不 那估计是高中学的 |
[07:38] | Really? Damn it. | 真的吗 该死 |
[07:40] | Yeah, just let her cool her heels, I’ll talk to her this week. | 让她冷静一下吧 我这周会找她谈谈的 |
[07:43] | Oh, yes, the Stevie Whisperer. | 没错 斯蒂芬语者[模仿《马语者》] |
[07:45] | I’m not saying that. | 我可没这么说 |
[07:46] | I’m saying it. | 我就这么说 |
[07:48] | Doesn’t bother me that she always listens to you | 我倒是不在乎她总是听你的 |
[07:50] | and never listens to me. | 却从来不听我的话 |
[07:51] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[07:52] | Just make sure she listens to you. | 但你要保证她还是听你的话的 |
[07:54] | I will be the Whisperer of Damocles. | 我会成为达摩克利斯语者 |
[08:02] | We fully recognize the nature | 我们已经意识到 |
[08:03] | of the terrorist threat, so despite the lack | 恐怖主义的威胁 所以尽管 |
[08:06] | of a coherent administration strategy, | 缺少明了的干预政策 |
[08:09] | this committee is willing to authorize | 本委员会还是愿意提供 |
[08:10] | additional security funds. | 额外的保障资金 |
[08:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:13] | I very much appreciate | 我非常感激 |
[08:14] | your thoughtful and substantive consideration on these issues. | 委员会在本议题上考虑得如此周到详尽 |
[08:18] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:19] | I’ll now turn the floor back to Chairman Burke. | 现在请伯克主席继续发言 |
[08:22] | Thank you. Uh, Madam Secretary, | 谢谢 国务卿女士 |
[08:23] | I’d like to call your attention to the Microloan Program. | 我希望接下来关注小额贷款计划的问题 |
[08:27] | For the next fiscal year, you have increased the budget | 下一财政年度 你将该预算 |
[08:29] | by 30 percent. | 提高了三成 |
[08:30] | That’s a big jump. | 这可是大幅增长 |
[08:31] | It’s 30 percent. | 只是三成 |
[08:32] | You’ve, uh, shifted funds away | 你将棉花咨询委员会 |
[08:33] | from the Cotton Advisory Committee, | 还有热带金枪鱼委员会的 |
[08:35] | and the Tropical Tuna Commission. | 资金抽调走 |
[08:37] | Uh, you’ve clearly made this a priority. | 显然是将这个项目作为了重点 |
[08:39] | Yes, I have. | 没错 |
[08:40] | And in deciding, uh, which programs to prioritize, | 在决定要重点考虑什么计划时 |
[08:43] | I assume you also look into how well they’re managed. | 我想你应该也考虑到了其管理制度 |
[08:45] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[08:46] | We have a rigorous selection process. | 我们有一套严格的筛选程序 |
[08:49] | The program currently has a success rate of over 96 percent. | 这个项目目前的成功率超出96% |
[08:54] | Each one of these loans has the power | 每笔贷款都有能力 |
[08:56] | to change lives and families. | 改善人们的家庭生活条件 |
[08:58] | And in some cases, entire villages. | 有时甚至能改变整个乡村 |
[09:01] | I have brought with me today as a guest to the hearing | 今天我邀请了一个人来参加听证会 |
[09:04] | a woman who embodies the full potential of this program. | 她充分地发挥了这个项目的潜力 |
[09:08] | Ms. Chuang. | 庄小姐 |
[09:09] | Uh, we won’t be calling you today. | 我们今天不需要你发言 |
[09:11] | Tell me, who exactly is in charge of the microloan grants? | 告诉我 到底由谁来掌握小额贷款的资金 |
[09:16] | That would be Miles Pendergraff, | 迈尔斯·潘德格拉夫 |
[09:18] | he’s the Director of the Office of Development and Finance. | 他是发展与财务办公室的主任 |
[09:21] | You’re correct. | 没错 |
[09:22] | I would like to submit these photographs for the record. | 我要求将这些照片追加到记录中 |
[09:26] | Please, Madam Secretary, take a look at these. | 国务卿女士 请看一看 |
[09:33] | Do you recognize the man in these photos? | 你认识照片上的这个人吗 |
[09:38] | That would be Mr. Pendergraff. | 是潘德格拉夫先生 |
[09:40] | Those pictures were taken from a surveillance camera | 这些照片是大西洋城的金叶赌场中的 |
[09:43] | at the Gold Leaf Casino in Atlantic City. | 监控摄像头所拍到的 |
[09:46] | Do you find his behavior here acceptable? | 你能接受他的所作所为吗 |
[09:50] | Well, it is certainly distasteful. | 这的确非常失态 |
[09:54] | What Mr. Pendergraff does in his presonal life | 潘德格拉夫先生的私生活 |
[09:56] | is his own business. | 是他自己的事 |
[09:58] | Not if he is gambling with tax-payer funds. | 他用纳税人的钱赌博就不是了 |
[10:03] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[10:04] | Over the past few months, | 在过去几月里 |
[10:06] | thanks to the work of this committee, | 多亏本委员会的工作 |
[10:07] | investigators from the Government Accountability Office | 政府问责办公室的调查人员 |
[10:10] | have uncovered evidence that Mr. Pendergraff | 发现了潘德格拉夫先生 |
[10:13] | has been embezzling State Department money. | 持续贪污国务院资金的证据 |
[10:17] | Setting up dozens of fraudulent microloans | 设置数十笔虚假小额贷款 |
[10:22] | to pay for his colorful lifestyle. | 给他的多彩生活方式付账 |
[10:24] | And I think it is just the tip of the iceberg. | 我认为这还只是冰山一角 |
[10:28] | So, Madam Secretary, | 所以 国务卿女士 |
[10:30] | tell me, | 告诉我 |
[10:32] | do you still support the Microloan Program? | 你还支持小额贷款项目吗 |
[10:52] | So, I mean, could this whole thing | 整件事是不是其实没那么遭 |
[10:53] | be getting blown out of proportion? | 只是被过分炒作了 |
[10:54] | Not if it’s a symptom of wider abuse. | 除非有更大范围滥用的迹象 |
[10:57] | I mean, the brazen nature of this embezzlement | 这种贪污行为的无耻本质 |
[10:59] | raises a number of red flags. | 会让人联想到很多潜在其他问题 |
[11:01] | I-I am so sorry. | 我…很抱歉 |
[11:02] | It’s… I-I really… | 这…我 我真的… |
[11:05] | I’m gonna do everything I can to make this right. | 我会尽我所能 修正此事 |
[11:07] | – I’m counting on it. – Yes, sir. | -必须解决 -是 总统 |
[11:10] | Good night, Sir. | 晚安 总统 |
[11:14] | Well, that was fun. | 真是幸福啊 |
[11:16] | Nothing says sweet dreams | 没什么比被总统痛骂 |
[11:18] | like being eviscerated by the president. | 更能让人做上好梦了 |
[11:20] | Oh, he’ll get over it. | 他会平静下来的 |
[11:22] | Well, he shouldn’t. | 他不该平静 |
[11:23] | I really messed up. | 我真的搞砸了 |
[11:24] | No, your staff messed up. | 是你的人搞砸了 |
[11:26] | Well, they’re my staff. | 他们是我的人 |
[11:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:29] | You don’t think they’re my staff | 他们不是我雇的 |
[11:30] | because I didn’t hire them? | 所以你不觉得他们是我的人 |
[11:31] | I mean, they are my staff, and I want to stand by them. | 他们是我的人 我想支持他们 |
[11:32] | Look, you have to do what’s best for the office, | 你得为国务院考虑 |
[11:34] | not some individual person. | 而不是为某个人 |
[11:35] | Will you turn this off? I… | 你能把那个关了吗 我… |
[11:36] | I-I tried before. You wouldn’t let me. | 我之前想关来着 可你不让 |
[11:39] | Well, I’m gonna let you now. | 我现在让了 |
[11:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[11:47] | Just sleep, okay? | 睡吧 好吗 |
[11:49] | You’ll know what to do in the morning. | 明早你会想出办法的 |
[11:50] | Yeah, I will. | 是啊 我会的 |
[11:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:00] | – Is it your view… – What? No. | -这是你的观点吗 -什么 不 |
[12:01] | Five more minutes. I just want to, yeah. | 再看五分钟 我只想… |
[12:02] | …Secretary McCord was aware of this level of corruption? | 国务卿麦考德之前清楚腐败的严重性吗 |
[12:06] | Secretary… You said level of corruption? | 国务卿… 你说腐败的严重性吗 |
[12:08] | -Yes. – Yes. How could she not be? | -是的 -当然 她怎么可能不知道 |
[12:09] | 即时新闻 贪污招妓 | |
[12:11] | This is about as shameless as it gets. | 没有比这更无耻的事了 |
[12:13] | You know, I honestly think this speaks to a larger defect | 我确实认为这说明了 |
[12:16] | in the moral character of the State Department | 在她领导之下的国务院 |
[12:18] | under her leadership. How… | 有严重道德问题 怎么… |
[12:23] | Burke had congressional investigators | 伯克让国会调查员 |
[12:25] | do the dirty work for him. | 为他做脏事 |
[12:26] | Apparently, they were going up and down the whole department. | 据说他们整个部门上上下下都调查了 |
[12:28] | Pendergraff never told us… | 潘德格拉夫从没跟我们说… |
[12:29] | – because… – Because he didn’t want to get fired. | -因为… -因为他不想被开除 |
[12:31] | Done. I want all of his files seized | 够了 我要他所有档案封存 |
[12:33] | and brought to the DOJ. | 送到司法部去 |
[12:34] | Next? | 下一项 |
[12:34] | In a stroke of irony that would teach Alanis Morissette | 这讽刺感都能让艾拉妮丝·莫莉赛特[歌手] |
[12:36] | – once and for all the true meaning of irony… – Really? | -永远懂得讽刺的真谛 -你还真有心情 |
[12:39] | Excuse me, Ma’am. | 抱歉 国务卿 |
[12:40] | The problem is budget cuts. | 我是说 问题是缩减预算 |
[12:42] | The Office of the Inspector General | 监察办公室的预算 |
[12:44] | has been whittled down to the bone. | 已经被削到底了 |
[12:45] | Which is not an excuse for the oversight. | 当然这也不能作为监督疏忽的借口 |
[12:46] | The malfeasance is not the important thing. | 渎职问题没出在监管上 |
[12:48] | I mean, we can fix the Microloan Program. | 我们可以挽救小额贷款计划 |
[12:49] | No. We have to eliminate it. | 不 我们得停止这个项目 |
[12:52] | Are you really willing | 您真的要 |
[12:53] | to stake your whole career on this program? | 把整个职业生涯押在这项目上吗 |
[12:55] | Because this was about much more than policy. | 这远不只是政策问题 |
[12:57] | This was a takedown. | 这是一次绝杀 |
[12:58] | He’s right; Burke had this in his back pocket. | 他说得对 伯克后手准备着呢 |
[13:00] | He’s angling for you, Ma’am. | 他在算计您 国务卿 |
[13:00] | Unfortunately, he has a reputation | 不幸的事 他名声在外 |
[13:02] | for being very effective at this game. | 玩这种事很有效率 |
[13:04] | – Remember Max Cantor? – Yup. | -记得马克思·康托吗 -当然 |
[13:05] | The guy who was nominated for Director of ICE? | 被提名海关执法局主任的人 |
[13:07] | He withdrew because two days before the hearings, | 他被撤了 听证会前两天 |
[13:09] | Burke found out that his tree trimmer was an illegal alien. | 伯克发现他的园丁是非法移民 |
[13:12] | How about Louise Campos? | 那路易丝·坎波斯呢 |
[13:13] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:14] | – The congresswoman from Nebraska. – Same thing. | -内布拉斯加州的女议员 -同样遭遇 |
[13:15] | She was having an affair with the staffer. | 她跟雇员有婚外情 |
[13:16] | Burke was Chairman of the | 伯克当时是 |
[13:18] | – Ethics Committee. – Ethics, of all things. | -道德委员会的主席 -他还谈道德 |
[13:18] | He sent pictures and sent them to every voter in the district. | 他把照片发给了地区所有选民 |
[13:20] | I get that this is a disaster. | 我知道这是场灾难 |
[13:22] | What I still don’t get is how | 我还没弄明白的是 |
[13:24] | everybody in this room missed it. | 怎么这屋子里所有人都没发现 |
[13:30] | Madam Secretary, it’s 1:00 p.m. | 国务卿女士 一点钟了 |
[13:31] | Your car is here. | 您的车到了 |
[13:33] | Thank you, Blake. | 谢谢你 布莱克 |
[13:34] | Um, I wasn’t aware | 我不知道 |
[13:35] | you had an appointment outside of the office. | 您在别处有预约 |
[13:37] | Due respect, I think we’re in the middle | 恕我直言 我们正在讨论 |
[13:38] | of a very important issue. | 一个非常重要的问题 |
[13:40] | You are so right about that, Jay. | 你说得非常正确 杰伊 |
[13:41] | And I have a plan; I’m bringing someone in | 我有计划 要请个人来 |
[13:43] | to consult on this matter. | 对此事进行建议 |
[13:44] | Someone who can explain to me | 希望这个人能告诉我 |
[13:46] | why my entire staff let me hang myself | 为什么我的整个参谋团队 |
[13:50] | in front of a nationally televised | 让我在全国直播的国会听证会上 |
[13:52] | congressional hearing. | 把自己晾那儿了 |
[13:54] | Trust me, help is on the way. | 相信我 帮手马上就到 |
[14:02] | I don’t understand this whole kale thing. | 我真是不理解这个甘蓝狂热 |
[14:04] | Used to grow wild in the backyard when I was a kid. | 我小时候 甘蓝就是后院里的野菜 |
[14:06] | Now it’s the basis for a $20 salad. | 如今却是二十美元的沙拉里的主要内容了 |
[14:08] | What’s the matter with spinach? | 菠菜怎么了 |
[14:10] | What did spinach do wrong? | 菠菜有什么不好的吗 |
[14:12] | …the Mircoloans Program should actually be cancelled. | …小额贷款项目应该被取消吗 |
[14:15] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[14:16] | Spinach needs a PR person. | 菠菜需要个公关人员 |
[14:20] | How is that kale? | 甘蓝味道怎么样 |
[14:21] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[14:23] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[14:26] | I’m not going back to college. | 我不会回大学的 |
[14:27] | Okay, I just want to make sure that you’re | 好吧 我只想确认 |
[14:29] | keeping everything in perspective. | 你有考虑到各种利害关系 |
[14:30] | Can’t let you derail your life | 我不能让你为了证明自主权 |
[14:32] | just to prove your autonomy. | 而毁掉自己的人生 |
[14:33] | What am I, 12? | 我又不是十二岁小孩 |
[14:35] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会的 |
[14:36] | Then tell me what your plan is. | 那跟我说说你的计划 |
[14:37] | Tell me what you’re passionate about. | 告诉我你的兴趣在哪 |
[14:38] | Okay, you get | 好吧 你知道的吧 |
[14:40] | that you’re privileged to be in a position | 你很幸运 有权并有机会 |
[14:42] | to find yourself, | 去寻找自己 |
[14:45] | that you have the means… | 你可以通过各种渠道… |
[14:46] | That is so reductive. | 你也把事情过分简化了 |
[14:48] | You’ve got to get serious about your life, | 你得认真对待人生 |
[14:50] | otherwise I’m afraid you’re just gonna drift. | 否则我担心你会到处漂 |
[14:52] | You don’t want to be a hostess; I get that. | 你不想做招待员 我理解 |
[14:54] | But you need to find what you’re into, | 可是你得弄明白你喜欢什么 |
[14:56] | figure out what matters to you. | 什么对你来说有意义 |
[15:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:02] | I care about microloans. | 我觉得小额贷款有意义 |
[15:07] | Maybe I could volunteer | 或许我可以 |
[15:08] | at the… for the program. | 去给那个项目做志愿者 |
[15:09] | This isn’t defiance? | 你这不是在叛逆吧 |
[15:11] | Sidling up to an organization | 跑去加入一个 |
[15:13] | that’s mired up in controversy, | 让你妈妈在全世界面前出丑的 |
[15:14] | that’s causing global embarrassment | 身处舆论漩涡中的组织 |
[15:16] | – for your mother? That’s not… – No, I ca– | -这不是… -不 |
[15:17] | No, I cared about microloans before that. | 不是的 在那之前我就关注小额贷款了 |
[15:21] | Besides, I mean… | 况且 |
[15:23] | given their current situation, | 鉴于目前的情况 |
[15:25] | they could probably actually use a lot of help. | 他们或许需要有人帮忙 |
[15:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[15:28] | Go help them. | 去帮他们吧 |
[15:30] | Fine. | 好 |
[15:32] | I will. | 我会的 |
[15:35] | Thanks for lunch. | 午餐谢谢了 |
[15:46] | Few hours ago, we got a hit on Samila Mahdavi, | 几小时前 我们发现了沙米拉·玛达维 |
[15:48] | the Iranian national who was last seen | 那个最后被我们发现 |
[15:50] | withdrawing money from Marsh’s account. | 从马什的账户里取钱的伊朗人 |
[15:52] | We found her holed up | 我们发现她躲在 |
[15:53] | in an abandoned Iranian safe house in Istanbul. | 伊斯坦布尔一处伊朗废弃的安全屋里 |
[15:55] | So, what’s our next move? | 那我们下一步怎么办 |
[15:57] | Bringing Samila in. | 把沙米拉抓回来 |
[15:59] | Small team of highly skilled | 派出一小队技艺高超的 |
[16:00] | black op guys go in, | 秘密行动人员 |
[16:02] | secure her, transport her to a clandestine location | 逮捕她 并带到秘密地方 |
[16:04] | for questioning. | 进行审讯 |
[16:05] | We talking about a street grab? | 是在大街上抓她吗 |
[16:07] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[16:07] | Intel is that she moves freely | 情报说她平时在社区 |
[16:09] | around the neighborhood, but mostly at night. | 活动比较自由 不过大多时间都在晚上 |
[16:10] | It’s only about a six-block radius, | 范围只有六个街区 |
[16:12] | and she has something of a routine, | 而且她的路线也比较有规律 |
[16:13] | so it’s not a high degree of difficulty for us. | 所以对我们来说难度不是很大 |
[16:15] | Turkey’s a NATO ally | 土耳其是北约的盟国 |
[16:16] | and mounting an off-the-books ops | 不提前通知他们就派出秘密行动人员 |
[16:17] | on their street without alerting them | 到他们大街上抓人 |
[16:20] | isn’t exactly a friendly move. | 可不是太友好的行为 |
[16:22] | Well, we may have to get into it at a higher level if it goes wrong. | 如果行动出了差错再通知上级吧 |
[16:24] | Let’s worry about it then. | 现在就不要操心了 |
[16:26] | You willing to take the risk? | 你愿意冒这个风险吗 |
[16:27] | To find out who had the Secretary of State killed and why, | 为了查明谁害死了前任国务卿及其原因 |
[16:29] | yeah, I think it’s worth rolling the dice. | 是的 我觉得这值得冒险 |
[16:32] | You can proceed. | 你们可以行动了 |
[16:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:35] | I’m sure it goes without saying that the President | 我想不用我说你也知道 |
[16:37] | wants this microloan thing put to bed before it gets | 总统希望尽快处理好小额贷款的事 |
[16:40] | – any bigger. – We’re in complete agreement about that. | -以免情况恶化 -这点我举双手赞同 |
[16:42] | I hear you’re bringing Mike B in to help clean up the mess. | 我听说你找了迈克·B来处理这个乱摊子 |
[16:45] | Nothing gets by you. | 什么事都瞒不过你 |
[16:47] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[16:48] | He’s the right son of a bitch for the job. | 找他来做是再合适不过的了 |
[16:50] | – You know him? – Yeah. | -你认识他吗 -认识 |
[16:52] | We taught together at UVA. | 我们同在弗吉尼亚大学教过课 |
[16:53] | I almost feel sorry for your staff. | 我真对你的手下表示同情 |
[16:55] | Well, a little cold terror | 让他们对自己的饭碗 |
[16:57] | over job security never hurt anyone. | 有点担心也是没坏处的 |
[17:01] | You should have that embroidered on a pillow. | 你应该把这话绣在你枕头上 |
[17:15] | Good afternoon. Is she in? | 下午好 她在里面吗 |
[17:17] | I’m sorry, you are… | 不好意思 你是… |
[17:18] | Michael Barnow. This is Gordon. | 迈克尔·巴诺 这是戈登 |
[17:20] | You must be Blake. | 你一定是布莱克 |
[17:21] | Uh, yes, um… | 是的 |
[17:23] | – I don’t have… – She knows I’m coming. | -我没有… -她知道我来 |
[17:24] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[17:25] | Uh, this is not a dog-friendly environment. | 这个地方不适合带狗来 |
[17:27] | It’s okay. He’s not sensitive. | 没事的 他不挑剔 |
[17:28] | No, no, no, I’m sorry, you can’t go in there. | 不不不 对不起 你不能进去 |
[17:30] | That-that’s not… no, sir. | 先生 你… |
[17:31] | I don’t know who-who let you up here. | 我不知道是谁让你上楼的 |
[17:34] | – Ma’am, I don’t know… – Mike B! | -国务卿 我不… -迈克·B |
[17:35] | You came. Oh, my God. | 你来了 天哪 |
[17:37] | – And you brought Gordon. – ‘Course. | -你还把戈登带来了 -那是当然 |
[17:39] | Come on in, take a seat. | 进来吧 快请坐 |
[17:41] | Um, do you want a coffee, tea, anything? | 你想和咖啡 茶 还是别的 |
[17:43] | Oh, yeah, a Black Eye from Otis Beanery would be great. | 奥蒂斯小吃店的黑眼咖啡就行 |
[17:45] | Black Eye from Otis Beanery, you got it? | 奥蒂斯小吃店的黑眼咖啡 听清了吗 |
[17:47] | Thanks, bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[17:53] | Did we just witness Mike B | 我们刚刚是不是目睹了 |
[17:55] | going into the Secretary’s office? | 麦克·B走进国务卿的办公室 |
[17:56] | And his dog. | 还有他的狗跟着 |
[17:58] | Who is he, exactly? | 他到底是谁 |
[17:59] | They call him the Hatchet Man. | 人们管他叫”斧头人” |
[18:00] | And not for his wood-chopping skills. | 不是说他会伐木 |
[18:02] | Rhodes Scholar, brilliant legal career. | 罗德学者 是个很厉害的律师 |
[18:04] | Which led to a promising political career | 原本有很好的政治前途 |
[18:06] | derailed by a scandalous divorce six years ago. | 不过被六年前的离婚丑闻影响了 |
[18:08] | He makes a profitable living now as a couch-sitter. | 他现在坐在沙发上就能赚很多钱 |
[18:11] | He’s the guy who moves into a cabinet member’s office | 他游走于内阁成员的办公室 |
[18:14] | and dispenses cool, calculated advice. | 为他们提出冷酷 慎重的建议 |
[18:17] | Unaffected by a need to advance his own interests, | 他从不以此为自己谋利 |
[18:19] | since he has none. | 因为他没有利益可言 |
[18:21] | And by cool, calculated advice, you mean… | 你所说的冷酷 慎重的建议是指… |
[18:23] | Firing people. | 开除员工 |
[18:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:32] | What’s a Black Eye from Otis Beanery? | 奥蒂斯小吃店的黑眼咖啡是什么 |
[18:34] | It’s a coffee with a double shot of espresso | 是K大街一家昂贵的精品店里的 |
[18:36] | from an overpriced boutique on K Street. | 加两份浓缩咖啡的咖啡 |
[18:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:42] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来 |
[18:43] | Don’t let that dog near my desk. | 别让那只狗靠近我的桌子 |
[18:46] | Either one of them. | 他们俩谁都别靠近 |
[18:49] | This is quite the pickle you’ve gotten yourself into, | 你真是会给自己找麻烦 国务卿女士 |
[18:51] | Madam Secretary, and what’s-what’s going on with your staff? | 还有你的手下是怎么回事 |
[18:53] | Are they all someone’s nieces and nephews? | 他们都是靠亲戚关系进来的吗 |
[18:55] | Wh-where did you find them? | 你从哪找到他们的 |
[18:56] | I inherited them. | 从上一任那继承来的 |
[18:59] | Tell me you’re kidding. | 你是开玩笑呢吧 |
[19:00] | Their boss had just died. | 他们的上司刚刚去世 |
[19:02] | I was new to this world. | 我又初来乍到 |
[19:04] | Look, they have proven themselves | 他们已经证明了自己的能力 |
[19:05] | up to this point, and I… | 直到这件事 我… |
[19:07] | You’re giving me that “you’re an idiot” look. | 你这表情是在说 “你是个笨蛋” |
[19:09] | Because you’re an idiot. | 因为你就是个笨蛋 |
[19:11] | You kept someone else’s staff | 你把别人的手下留下 |
[19:12] | because you didn’t want them to be sad? | 就因为你不想他们难过吗 |
[19:15] | I mean, these people are unmitigated chuckleheads. | 这些人都是些十足的笨蛋 |
[19:18] | They should’ve seen this coming | 他们早就应该通过民调结果 |
[19:19] | a mile away from the polling numbers. | 预料到这种事 |
[19:21] | To be fair, they briefed me | 说句公平的话 他们在听证会前 |
[19:22] | on the polling numbers before the hearing. | 跟我说过民调结果 |
[19:24] | They’ve been through the roof for months. | 如此高的支持率已经持续几个月了 |
[19:26] | Now everyone’s gonna want to take you out | 现在所有人都希望 |
[19:28] | at the knees before you can mount a serious | 你在道尔顿卸任后的选举周期前被踢出局 |
[19:30] | presidential bid in the next post-Dalton election cycle. | 以免你能有实力竞选总统 |
[19:32] | I have no such ambitions. | 我没有这种野心 |
[19:33] | Stick with that story. Modesty’s a good color on you. | 要坚持这个说法 谦逊比较适合你 |
[19:35] | It’ll play really well in the primarys. | 初选的时候这点很重要 |
[19:36] | I don’t. I don’t. | 我没有 真的没有 |
[19:38] | Okay, whatever. | 好吧 无所谓了 |
[19:42] | Dump your team. Now. | 换掉你的团队 马上 |
[19:43] | All at once? | 全部一起吗 |
[19:44] | No, that-that looks desperate. | 不行 那样显得太着急了 |
[19:47] | One by one, | 一个一个来 |
[19:47] | but start somewhere near the top, | 但要从位置高的下手 |
[19:49] | and start today. | 就从今天开始 |
[19:50] | All right, let’s-let’s… | 好吧 我们… |
[19:53] | just put a pin in that idea for now. | 暂时对此持保留意见好吗 |
[19:55] | Bess, I know you have a bug up your parts | 贝丝 我知道你很在乎 |
[19:57] | about justice and fair play. | 公平竞争 |
[19:59] | And that might’ve been great | 而且这观念也许对你原来 |
[20:00] | sitting at a desk at the CIA | 在中情局工作时 |
[20:02] | or as a faculty of some quaint university. | 或在校风淳朴的大学里教书时很有益 |
[20:04] | This is Washington. | 但你现在身处华盛顿 |
[20:06] | Kill or be killed. | 你死我活 |
[20:07] | Adapt or die. | 适者生存 |
[20:08] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[20:10] | Mike, I hear you. | 迈克 我明白你的意思 |
[20:11] | I do, and I’m not opposed to firing my staff. | 真的 而且我不反对解雇员工 |
[20:17] | But I have a bigger plan. | 但我有个更大的计划 |
[20:20] | I want to take this fight straight at Everard Burke. | 我想正面和埃弗拉德·伯克对战 |
[20:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:26] | I’d like that, too. | 这我也支持 |
[20:27] | What do we do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[20:28] | You’re in a knife fight with Chairman Burke. | 你这是要和伯克主席拼刀子了 |
[20:30] | The way to win a knife fight is to bring a gun | 拼刀子想赢 带支枪就好 |
[20:32] | and waste the son of a bitch. | 废了他 |
[20:34] | Excellent. | 好办法 |
[20:35] | We’re on the same page. | 我也是这个想法 |
[20:40] | She always texts me when she leaves, | 她下班时总会给我发短信 |
[20:43] | so I guess she’s still in there with Mike B. | 所以我猜她和迈克·B还没谈完 |
[20:47] | It was a pleasure working with y’all. | 很高兴和大家一起共事过 |
[20:49] | I’m sure I’m the fall guy. | 被开除的一定是我 |
[20:50] | Oh, come on, you’re not. | 拜托 才不会呢 |
[20:50] | No, no, it’s me. She already almost fired me. | 不 就是我 她之前就差点把我开了 |
[20:53] | Are you kidding? | 你们在开玩笑吧 |
[20:54] | The PR on this is a nightmare | 这件事闹出的公关关系简直是 |
[20:56] | with a hair stuck to it, | 挥之不去的恶梦 |
[20:57] | and she almost fired me, too. | 而且她也差点开除过我 |
[20:58] | She almost fired me first. | 她第一个差点开除的是我 |
[20:59] | Oh, no need to cherry pick. | 没必要挑挑拣拣的 |
[21:02] | Smart thing to do is fire us-us all. | 把我们一起开除了最明智 |
[21:04] | She can’t do that. | 她不能这么做 |
[21:07] | Can she? | 对吧 |
[21:09] | I would. | 换我就会 |
[21:10] | Well, so much for pacing myself. | 那我也不端着了 |
[21:14] | Waitress… | 服务员 |
[21:15] | You have perfect timing. | 来得真是时候 |
[21:17] | I’ll take everything you got there. | 你端的酒我都要了 |
[21:19] | Mm, you’re in luck. | 你要得也很是时候 |
[21:20] | These shots are for your table from the gentleman over here. | 这些就是那边桌子的先生送的 |
[21:25] | Who is that? | 那是谁啊 |
[21:26] | Kyle Feeney. | 凯尔·菲尼 |
[21:27] | He’s a staffer for Chairman Burke. | 伯克主席的人 |
[21:29] | He’s the guy who dug up the dirt | 就是他挖出了 |
[21:30] | on the Microloan Program. | 小额贷款计划的丑闻 |
[21:31] | That bottom-feeding little twerp. | 那个借丑闻上位的混蛋 |
[21:34] | You-you can send those back. | 把这些送回去吧 |
[21:35] | No, hey, hang on. | 别 等等 |
[21:36] | He owes us. Just leave them there. | 这是他欠我们的 留下吧 |
[21:38] | That little twerp found something we all missed. | 那个混蛋可发现了我们都忽略了的东西 |
[21:41] | So what does that say about us? | 我们是不是该反思一下 |
[21:48] | See you at the back of the line, kids. | 我们都是一根绳子上的蚂蚱了 孩子们 |
[21:55] | Wait. | 等等 |
[21:57] | Yes! No… we, no, | 没错 不 我们 |
[21:59] | we received the online forms, | 我们是收到了电子版表格 |
[22:00] | but we need notarized hard copies. | 但我们需要公证过的纸质版 |
[22:04] | N-Notarized. | 公证过的 |
[22:06] | Like, with a notary. | 就是有公证人签名的 |
[22:07] | No, no! Pas de cartes. | 不不 不是地图[法语] |
[22:09] | Uh, notary. How do you, how do you say notary? | 公证人 法语怎么说公证人啊 |
[22:13] | Uh… notaire. | 公证人[法语] |
[22:15] | Un-un notaire? | 公证人 |
[22:17] | Oui! | 没错 |
[22:19] | I’m sorry. Please, slow down. I… | 抱歉 请说慢点 我… |
[22:20] | Pa… uh, parler slowly? | 说…慢点 |
[22:23] | Lentement. | 请慢慢讲[法语] |
[22:24] | Can… I’m sorry. Can you take this? | 抱歉 能请你接吗 |
[22:26] | – Me? – You speak French, right? | -我 -你会说法语 对吧 |
[22:27] | – Yes, but… – Yeah, I’m trying to negotiate | -会 但是 -好 我在和塞内加尔 |
[22:29] | a bank problem in Senegal | 协商银行账户问题 |
[22:30] | with two years of high school French. | 但我只在高中学过两年法语 |
[22:31] | It-it’s hopeless. | 简直没办法沟通 |
[22:32] | I don’t actually work here. | 我不是这里的员工 |
[22:33] | I just came by to see maybe if I could volunteer? | 我只是来看能不能申请当志愿者 |
[22:35] | Nobody works here. | 没人在这儿工作了 |
[22:35] | They all heard the program was getting cut, | 他们听说项目要被停掉 |
[22:37] | they’ve gone off looking for other jobs. | 都已经另谋高就去了 |
[22:38] | It’s like rats off a sinking ship. | 树倒猢狲散 |
[22:41] | Which means if you’re here to volunteer, | 也就是说如果你来当志愿者 |
[22:43] | y-you just got a battlefield promotion. | 大把高职位等着你 |
[22:44] | Uh, just take this call. | 先接这个电话吧 |
[22:48] | Bonjour. | 你好 |
[22:49] | Microloans United? | 小额贷款联合组织 |
[22:51] | Puis-je aider? | 有什么能帮到您 |
[22:52] | Hello? Yeah, they’re not in the office right now. | 喂 他们现在不在办公室 |
[22:53] | Can I take a me…? | 可以请您留言吗 |
[22:54] | Oui. | 没错 |
[22:54] | Il a recu les formes, | 他收到了表格 |
[22:56] | mais il a besoin copies papier | 但是他需要一份纸质版的 |
[22:58] | un notaire? | 有公证人签字的 |
[23:02] | Merci. Moment. | 谢谢你 稍等 |
[23:04] | Um, he said that that’s fine. | 他说没问题 |
[23:05] | He’s going to do that tomorrow and overnight the papers to you? | 他可以明天去公证 连夜快递给你 |
[23:08] | Ah, great! Good-bye. | 太好了 可以挂了 |
[23:11] | Bon. Au revoir! | 好的 再见 |
[23:21] | Pick out a desk. | 选张桌子吧 |
[23:25] | Want to bring you up to speed | 我们要对办公室做一些调整 |
[23:26] | on the changes we’re making in this office. | 在此我想知会大家一下 |
[23:29] | Mike is suggesting that I fire some… | 迈克建议我解雇你们其中一些人 |
[23:32] | or all of you. | 或者所有人 |
[23:33] | And I’m considering his suggestions. | 我也在考虑他的提议 |
[23:35] | For now, I’m putting you all on notice. | 在此我就想给大家一个警告 |
[23:38] | That was a big mess. | 这次做得很失败 |
[23:39] | That was a sack full | 完全就是 |
[23:40] | of mangled kittens in the hot sun | 任人鱼肉 毫无招架之力 |
[23:42] | two weeks old — that’s what that was. | 这才是贴切的形容 |
[23:44] | Moving ahead, I’m looking for nothing short of perfection. | 从此开始 我希望不再有任何差错 |
[23:49] | That’s the bar. Is that clear? | 要求完美 明白了吗 |
[23:51] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[23:52] | Great. That’s all. | 很好 就这样 |
[23:57] | Jay? | 杰伊 |
[24:00] | Could you stay behind? | 请留步 |
[24:28] | You’re here for me, right, Alex? | 来找我的吧 亚历克斯 |
[24:30] | Yeah, Jay. It’s protocol. | 没错 杰伊 这是程序 |
[24:32] | I-I get it. | 我明白 |
[24:33] | I’ll have your tablet, sir. And your I.D. | 我需要你的电脑和证件 |
[24:53] | The Secretary will see you now. | 你现在可以见国务卿了 |
[25:00] | I first wanted to congratulate you | 首先我要表扬你 |
[25:02] | for ferreting out corruption within our department. | 查出了国务院的腐败 |
[25:05] | You did your country a great service. | 你为国家做出了巨大贡献 |
[25:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | The intention was not to take a shot at you, per se. | 其实吧 我们原本并不想打击您的 |
[25:12] | Uh, there was a larger goal… | 我们还有更大的… |
[25:14] | involved. | 目标 |
[25:15] | Kyle! I’m agreeing with you. | 凯尔 英雄所见略同 |
[25:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:19] | That’s why I’m offering you a job. | 所以我想聘请你 |
[25:25] | Okay, so what’s the going rate | 好的 坎帕拉的牛奶 |
[25:26] | for milk in Kampala? | 现在是什么价格呢 |
[25:29] | Okay, and… | 好的 还有 |
[25:31] | does he have access to refrigeration? | 他有冷藏的工具吗 |
[25:36] | Great. Okay. | 太好了 好的 |
[25:37] | Well, um, if you could just send us verification of that? | 你能不能给我们发一份证明呢 |
[25:40] | And we can start to process your application right away. | 这样我们马上就可以开始处理你的申请了 |
[25:44] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[25:45] | Bye. | 再见 |
[25:47] | How late can you stay? | 你能待到多晚 |
[25:48] | I want to start exploiting you as soon as possible. | 我想尽快开始剥削你了 |
[25:50] | You mean I actually have this job? | 你是说我真的得到这份工作了吗 |
[25:52] | Don’t get ahead of yourself. | 别这么猴急 |
[25:53] | It’s an internship. | 这只是一份实习 |
[25:54] | I’ve got the only job left around here. | 我们这里只有我一个正式工 |
[25:56] | Okay, but you don’t know anything about me. | 好吧 但你根本不了解我啊 |
[25:59] | I know you speak French. | 我知道你会说法语 |
[26:00] | And you got a pulse. | 而且你是个活人 |
[26:02] | That’ll do. | 那样就可以了 |
[27:45] | I think it’s safe to say the op was compromised. | 我想可以确定这次行动被暴露了 |
[27:51] | Who could’ve blown this? | 谁泄的密 |
[27:54] | Who even knew this operation was underway? | 到底有谁知道我们在进行这次行动 |
[27:56] | No one outside this room. | 这间屋子之外没人知道 |
[27:58] | Then who else? | 还有谁 |
[28:01] | I never believed you got as far as you did | 我一开始就不相信你光凭自己 |
[28:02] | with this idea on your own. | 就调查到了这一步 |
[28:05] | Who else? | 还有谁知道 |
[28:08] | Look at it from where I’m standing. | 你也尝试站在我的立场考虑 |
[28:11] | The only way this op could’ve been blown | 这个行动会被暴露只有一种可能 |
[28:13] | was if somebody knew about it. | 就是有人事先知道 |
[28:15] | If there was a mole. | 也就是有内鬼 |
[28:16] | And since nobody outside our inner sanctum knew about it, | 而既然除了我们以外没有任何人知道这事 |
[28:20] | I have to look at you. | 我就不得不怀疑你了 |
[28:20] | I have been completely loyal to you from the beginning. | 我从一开始就是对你绝对忠诚的 |
[28:24] | Did you tell anybody about our plans? I… | 你有没有对任何人说过我们的计划 我 |
[28:28] | Juliet? | 比如茱莉叶 |
[28:28] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[28:29] | Juliet made it clear she wanted nothing to do with this. | 茱莉叶清楚说过她不想参与这事 |
[28:31] | Once I signed up, I knew you were | 我从参与一开始就知道 |
[28:33] | the only person I could trust. | 你是我唯一能够信任的人 |
[28:38] | I-I got to ask you again, Bess. | 我得再问你一遍 贝丝 |
[28:39] | Can we really trust Munsey? | 我们到底能不能信任蒙西 |
[28:43] | He put too much on the line for this operation. | 他为这次行动付出了太多 |
[28:46] | If it gets out how badly it failed, | 一旦这次行动失败被公布于世 |
[28:47] | he’s not gonna have that job much longer. | 他的工作就保不住了 |
[28:49] | And why would he do it? | 而且如果是他 为什么会这么做 |
[28:50] | Why not just stonewall us? | 为什么不直接停止我们的调查 |
[28:53] | We have to consider everything. | 我们得考虑一切可能性 |
[28:58] | Then there’s Occam’s razor. | 那就用奥卡姆剃刀原则 |
[29:02] | The simplest explanation | 最简单的解释 |
[29:04] | is the best. | 就是最好的 |
[29:07] | – We’re good to go. – Upstairs. | -可以开始了 -就在楼上 |
[29:14] | I can’t say I blame you. | 我无法怪罪于你 |
[29:17] | But I can’t say I’ll forgive you, either. | 但我也无法原谅你 |
[29:33] | You’re still here. | 你还在啊 |
[29:35] | Yes. Why wouldn’t I be? | 是的 不然呢 |
[29:37] | Oh, my God! You think this is a paid internship. | 我的天 你以为这个实习是有报酬的 |
[29:40] | No, I don’t. | 不 不是的 |
[29:41] | Because it so isn’t. | 这是无薪实习 |
[29:43] | Yeah, I-I, I figured… | 是的 我…我猜到了 |
[29:45] | Okay, good. | 那就好 很好 |
[29:47] | On the upside, that means your mother’s budget cuts | 从好处看 这意味着你妈妈的预算缩减 |
[29:50] | won’t affect the position. | 不会影响这个职位的留存 |
[29:52] | You know who my mother is? | 你知道我妈妈是谁 |
[29:55] | I do. | 我知道 |
[29:56] | And I don’t care. | 但我不在乎 |
[29:58] | Unlike literally everybody else I’ve hired, | 你不像我雇的其他所有人一样 |
[30:00] | you want to be here. | 你是自己想来这里 |
[30:01] | That works in your favor. | 我很看好这一点 |
[30:04] | Great. | 那就好 |
[30:06] | Here’s some paperwork | 你得把这些书面文件 |
[30:07] | you’ll need to take to your school’s career services office. | 交到你学校的求职服务中心 |
[30:10] | Oh, um, I’m actually not in school, so… | 我其实已经不是学生了 所以… |
[30:14] | Oh, the, uh, | 但这份实习 |
[30:15] | internship’s only available for college credit. | 只是为学校的学分而设的 |
[30:19] | Like you said. | 就像你说的 |
[30:20] | I’m really happy to be here. | 我很高兴能在这里工作 |
[30:21] | I mean, I really like feeling useful… | 我是说 我感到自己真的有用… |
[30:23] | No, we have to do it | 不 我们必须把这个 |
[30:24] | in conjunction with a university course. It’s, uh… | 和大学的课程结合起来 这样… |
[30:27] | Otherwise asking people to work for no compensation is | 不然 让人无薪工作 |
[30:29] | what the government likes to call slavery. | 就是政府所定义的奴役 |
[30:31] | Well… can I, can I sign a waiver or something? | 那…我能不能签个弃权声明之类的 |
[30:33] | No, it’s non-negotiable. | 不 这事没得商量 |
[30:35] | It’s part of the program’s charter. | 我们的项目章程上就是这样要求的 |
[30:38] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:48] | Barry, come on. | 巴里 快来 |
[30:50] | Fill her up. | 满上 |
[30:51] | Jay, man, I think that’s a bad idea. | 杰伊 哥们 这样不好 |
[30:52] | Aw, come on… | 快点 |
[30:53] | – And you’ve been here all day. – What? | -而且你已经在这待了一天了 -什么 |
[30:54] | Go home to your wife. | 回去找你妻子吧 |
[30:55] | On, believe me, that’s… | 相信我吧 回去才… |
[30:57] | a bad idea. Come on. | 不好呢 来吧 |
[31:00] | Come on, I’m not driving. | 满上 我又没开车 |
[31:01] | Give me a break, give me a break. | 让我喘口气 让我喘口气 |
[31:02] | Just fill them up, please. | 满上 拜托了 |
[31:03] | Okay. But this one closes you out. | 好吧 但这是你最后一杯了 |
[31:10] | I’ll get this one, Barry. | 这杯算我的吧 巴里 |
[31:13] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[31:16] | I don’t want your hospitality. | 我不用你对我这么殷勤 |
[31:18] | Hey, what are you mad at me for? | 你为什么对我这么生气呢 |
[31:19] | I could’ve had your job. | 我本来可以得到你的工作的 |
[31:21] | I turned it down. | 但我拒绝了 |
[31:24] | Yeah, well, that doesn’t give it back to me. | 那它也回不到我手里啊 |
[31:26] | Well, you should’ve made her cut the Microloans Program. | 你应该说服她放弃小额贷款计划的 |
[31:29] | Dude, I begged her. | 听我说 我求过她了 |
[31:31] | Look, Burke was just looking for a reason to humiliate your boss. | 伯克只是在找借口来羞辱你上司 |
[31:35] | She handed it to him. | 而她自己送上门来了 |
[31:36] | Former boss and, yes, she did. | 前上司 是的 她正是这么做的 |
[31:41] | That was only a matter of time though anyway, right? | 但这只不过是时间问题 不是吗 |
[31:44] | I mean, she’s out of her depth. | 这已经是她的能力极限了 |
[31:45] | You have no idea. | 你肯定想不到你说得有多对 |
[31:49] | I told her to fire me after the document leak. | 在文件泄密事件之后我叫她炒了我 |
[31:51] | But… no. | 但…她不肯 |
[31:54] | Coming in with the cuddly Vietnamese… | 还带来了那位可爱的越南… |
[31:58] | witness… | 证人… |
[31:59] | It was amateur hour. | 真是个低级错误 |
[32:00] | Yeah, like Burke was ever gonna let that happen. | 是啊 伯克肯定不会让证人上台的 |
[32:02] | He should have let that happen! | 他就应该让她上去 |
[32:03] | She sucked! No English. | 她太烂了 连英语都不会说 |
[32:08] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[32:08] | No clue what we were doing there. | 都不知道我们在那做什么 |
[32:10] | A shining example of why we should cut the program. | 恰好说明了我们为什么应该砍掉这个项目 |
[32:13] | You know how many times I said | 你知道我说了多少次 |
[32:14] | cut the program?! | 应该砍掉这个项目吗 |
[32:15] | Hey, hey, man! | 喂 我说你啊 |
[32:16] | Sorry… man. Sorry, Barry. | 抱歉 真是抱歉 巴里 |
[32:19] | Hey, just let it go. | 别纠结这事了 |
[32:22] | You know, just be happy you’re out of there. | 你已经出来了 这不是好事吗 |
[32:24] | You could work this to your advantage. | 你可以利用这一点 |
[32:27] | I could put in a word with Burke in terms of staffing. | 我可以跟伯克说说雇人的事 |
[32:30] | A guy with your experience could be a real asset to us. | 你的经验对我们来说会很有帮助 |
[32:33] | Oh… man. | 我的天 |
[32:35] | You know what? I should be… | 我应该… |
[32:36] | I should reign it in. | 我应该适可而止了 |
[32:40] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别太自责了 |
[32:44] | That would leave me a lot of spare time. | 不自责我还能干什么 |
[32:47] | See you next time, Barry. | 下次见了 巴里 |
[32:50] | Get home safe, Jay. | 回家小心 杰伊 |
[32:58] | Uh, excuse me, Madam Secretary? | 抱歉打扰 国务卿女士 |
[33:00] | Matt and Daisy would like a moment. | 马特和戴西想和您谈谈 |
[33:01] | Sure. | 行 |
[33:02] | – I think we take that one back. – Absolutely… | -这个就不要了 -没错… |
[33:04] | I think they were hoping for a moment alone. | 我想他们是希望和您单独谈谈 |
[33:06] | Hope in one hand, spit in the other. | 希望是可以破灭的 |
[33:07] | Send ’em in. I mean, | 叫他们进来吧 |
[33:08] | – your call. – Send them in. | -当然这是你的决定 -叫他们进来 |
[33:09] | Yup. Guys… | 好 二位 |
[33:13] | Ma’am, we feel the need to speak up | 国务卿 关于杰伊被解雇之事 |
[33:15] | about Jay being fired from the staff. | 我们有话说 |
[33:17] | O-Okay. | 好 好吧 |
[33:19] | – What? – In point of fact, | -什么话 -事实上 |
[33:20] | Jay was the one arguing for cutting the program. | 支持推倒项目的是杰伊 |
[33:22] | We were the ones arguing to keep it. | 支持保留项目的是我们 |
[33:24] | So if you’re going to fire Jay, | 所以说如果您要解雇杰伊 |
[33:25] | you might as well fire all of us. | 您不如把我们都解雇了 |
[33:27] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[33:28] | The Spartacus offensive. | 斯巴达克斯式的反抗 |
[33:29] | You guys realize how that story ends, right? | 你们知道这个故事的结局吧 |
[33:30] | You don’t know the first thing about us, Mr. Barnow. | 你对我们一无所知 巴诺先生 |
[33:32] | I know everything about you, Maisy. | 你的事我无所不知 马西 |
[33:34] | Daisy. | 是黛西 |
[33:34] | He’s combining our names. | 他是混合了我们两人的名字 |
[33:36] | Reducing us to a single, insignificant unit. | 把我俩缩小为无关紧要的一体 |
[33:38] | I smell daylight burning. | 这真是浪费时间 |
[33:39] | Okay, is your dog named after G. Gordon Liddy? | 你的狗是以G·戈登·利迪命名的吗 |
[33:41] | Because that explains a lot. | 要是如此很多事都说得通了 |
[33:42] | Excuse me, Ma’am, | 打扰了 国务卿 |
[33:43] | Ms. Tolliver is also here. | 托利佛女士也来了 |
[33:45] | Ah, it’s a solidarity scrum. | 真是团结一致啊 |
[33:46] | Madam Secretary, we’ve just received word | 国务卿女士 我们刚刚收到消息 |
[33:48] | that Burke’s congressional hearing is reconvening. | 伯克将再召开国会听证会 |
[33:51] | You’ve been asked to appear. | 他们要求您出场 |
[33:52] | – When? – In an hour. | -什么时候 -一小时后 |
[33:53] | They’re calling your witness, Nhung Chuang. | 他们传唤了您的证人 庄蓉 |
[33:57] | The Committee will come to order. | 委员会各位会员请肃静 |
[33:59] | Ms. Chuang, through your translator… | 庄女士 通过您的翻译 |
[34:02] | …please give us your first-person account | 请跟我们从您的第一人称视角谈谈 |
[34:04] | of your dealings with the State Department-funded program, | 您与国务院赞助项目小额贷款联合组织之间 |
[34:07] | Microloans United. | 发生的事物 |
[34:09] | …Microloans United. | 小额贷款联合组织 |
[34:14] | Thank you, Mr. Chairman, | 谢谢您 主席先生 |
[34:16] | members of Congress. | 各位国会会员 |
[34:19] | I am happy to address the Committee in English. | 我乐意用英语对委员会作出陈述 |
[34:24] | I am from a small mountain village | 我来自越南西北部的 |
[34:27] | in Northwest Vietnam. | 一个小山村 |
[34:29] | I work as a field laborer from the time I could walk. | 自我学会走路 我就在田里劳动 |
[34:33] | When my husband died in a flood, | 我丈夫在洪水中逝世后 |
[34:36] | I was unable to feed my two children. | 我无法保障我两个孩子的温饱 |
[34:40] | I move in with my sister in a neighboring village. | 我住进我邻村姐妹的家 |
[34:44] | That is where I heard about the Microloan Program. | 我就是在那里听说了小额贷款项目 |
[34:48] | Together, my sister and I received a $200 loan | 我和我姐妹一起获得了两百美元的贷款 |
[34:52] | to grow vegetables. | 以此种蔬菜 |
[34:54] | And English lessons. Obviously. | 显然还因此学了英文 |
[34:58] | They gave us mobile phones to manage our money | 他们拿我们手机给我们来管理金钱 |
[35:02] | and taught us how to look up the price | 还教会了我们如何查看 |
[35:06] | of our vegetables in the market. | 我们的蔬菜在市场上卖的价格 |
[35:09] | We were able to organize the women in our co-op | 我们有了能力组织我们合作社的女性 |
[35:12] | and… form a co-op. | 建立合作社 |
[35:17] | Now we have enough money | 现在我们有足够的金钱 |
[35:19] | to build roads and flood channels. | 来建道路和疏洪渠 |
[35:22] | But what I am most proud of | 但是最让我骄傲的 |
[35:25] | is the new school where my children are learning. | 是我的孩子正在接受教育的新学校 |
[35:30] | It is my son, Mr. Chairman, | 教我英语的 主席先生 |
[35:33] | who taught me English. | 其实是我的儿子 |
[35:36] | Mr. Chairman, | 主席先生 |
[35:37] | my office has taken swift measures | 我的办公室已迅速采取措施 |
[35:39] | to address the corruption inside the Microloans Program, | 解决小额贷款项目的腐败问题 |
[35:43] | a situation that was allowed | 事情会发展到此地步 |
[35:45] | to develop because of budget cuts | 也是因为预算削减 |
[35:48] | that all but eliminated the oversight committee. | 铲除了原有的监督委员会 |
[35:51] | But as you can see, | 但是如你们所见 |
[35:53] | there is plenty here worth fighting for. | 值得我们去奋斗的理由有很多 |
[35:55] | And I am extremely proud to lead that fight. | 我很骄傲 能来领导这场奋斗 |
[36:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[36:05] | Is your mother’s maiden name Weller? | 你妈妈婚前性是韦勒吗 |
[36:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:09] | Did you attend Yale University? | 你是否上了耶鲁大学 |
[36:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:15] | Are you employed by the Central Intelligence Agency? | 你是中央情报局的员工吗 |
[36:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:20] | Do you have access to classified information | 你是否有权利取得 |
[36:23] | regarding national security? | 关于国家安全的机密情报 |
[36:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:27] | Have you shared classified information | 你有没有将机密情报 |
[36:29] | with anyone outside the Agency? | 与中情局外任何人分享 |
[36:32] | No. | 没有 |
[36:34] | Does anyone have access to your secure files? | 有人能接触到你的机密文件吗 |
[36:38] | No. | 没有 |
[36:39] | Have you accepted money | 你有没有接受金钱 |
[36:40] | in exchange for classified information? | 交换机密情报 |
[36:43] | No. | 没有 |
[36:44] | Do you know anyone who has accepted money | 你认不认识任何为了金钱 |
[36:46] | in exchange for classified information? | 而交换机密情报的人 |
[36:49] | No. | 不认识 |
[36:52] | She passed the polygraph test | 她通过测谎测试了 |
[36:54] | and somebody planted a very sophisticated device in her bag. | 有人还在她包里放了非常高级的偷听设备 |
[36:58] | Can we officially disqualify her as being the mole? | 我们能正式认定她不是内贼了吗 |
[37:01] | ‘Course not. | 当然不行 |
[37:02] | I appreciate your loyalty to your friend, | 我欣赏你对朋友的忠诚 |
[37:04] | but that’s the oldest CIA trick in the book — | 但这是中情局最老掉牙的骗人伎俩了 |
[37:06] | planting a bug on yourself to divert attention. | 在自己身上放个窃听器 转移对方注意 |
[37:08] | Am I right? | 我说得对吗 |
[37:09] | It’s been done. | 确实有过前例 |
[37:10] | What about the polygraph? | 那测谎测试呢 |
[37:11] | You’re trained to beat those. | 他们可是受过训练的 |
[37:13] | Oh, come on, that’s ridiculous. | 真是荒唐 |
[37:15] | Only the most specialized field op can do that | 只有最专业的实地调查员才瞒得过测谎测试 |
[37:17] | and even they can’t do it with any degree of regularity. | 而且他们也不能保证次次成功 |
[37:20] | I’m not saying it has to be her. | 我不是说一定就是她 |
[37:21] | I’m saying we can’t take her off the list. | 我只是觉得她还是有嫌疑 |
[37:24] | The list being anybody in the entire Agency. | 嫌疑人可能是中情局中的任何人 |
[37:27] | Including people at the top? | 包括那些高层人员 |
[37:28] | Because, you know, | 因为你也知道 |
[37:29] | – “Trust no one.” – Excuse me, Madam Secretary, | -“不能相信任何人”嘛 -国务卿女士 |
[37:30] | – what are you implying? – Let’s not unravel. | -你这话是什么意思 -我们不要自己乱了手脚 |
[37:34] | We have more immediate problems. | 我们还有更紧急的事要处理 |
[37:36] | Turkish officials are very curious | 土耳其官员对那位 |
[37:38] | about the tourist status of the dead American. | 死亡美国公民的旅游签证很好奇 |
[37:41] | It’s only a matter of time before they put together | 他们要发现他是中情局的人 |
[37:43] | that he was CIA. | 只是时间问题 |
[37:44] | How much time? | 多长时间 |
[37:45] | Given that I’m already dodging phone calls | 鉴于我已经在躲他们国防部长办公室的电话 |
[37:47] | from the their Defense Minister’s office, not much. | 没剩多长时间了 |
[37:50] | We don’t have any moves left. | 我们已经无计可施了 |
[37:52] | It’s time to bring the President in on this. | 是时候请总统介入这件事了 |
[37:58] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[38:12] | Well… | 各位 |
[38:17] | Look who I found lurking around, | 看看我发现了还潜伏在这里 |
[38:18] | claiming he still works here. | 表示自己还在此任职的是谁 |
[38:25] | James Bond. Look at this guy. | 简直是詹姆斯·邦德 瞧瞧这家伙 |
[38:26] | Sorry about the tradecraft, everybody, | 用了谍报战术 跟大家说抱歉了 |
[38:28] | but it was the quickest way to get this done. | 但这是摆平这事最快捷的方法 |
[38:30] | And to send the message to Burke | 而且还给伯克传递了一个信息 |
[38:32] | that you won’t be taken down so easily. | 您才不会这么容易被打倒 |
[38:34] | You really lapped it up, Jay, I gotta say. | 我得说 杰伊 你上手得可真快 |
[38:36] | I mean, Langley could use a guy like you, | 你哪天要是做政策顾问做烦了 |
[38:38] | if you ever tire of policy advising. | 兰利定会很乐意要你的 |
[38:40] | I don’t think most marks would be as easy as Kyle. | 我觉得大部分的目标都不会像凯尔这么好摆平 |
[38:42] | Oh, you’d be surprised. | 真相会让你大吃一惊的 |
[38:45] | So… | 所以 |
[38:46] | sorry I couldn’t let anyone in on the ruse. | 我很抱歉没有拉你们入伙 |
[38:48] | So bringing in Mike B. was a part of it? | 所以说请迈克·B来也是计划的一部分吗 |
[38:50] | Because I gotta tell you, I hate that guy. | 因为实话实说 我讨厌那家伙 |
[38:52] | Well, from a PR standpoint, | 从公关的角度来看 |
[38:53] | it was the right move. | 这是正确的举措 |
[38:58] | Gordon! Get over here! | 戈登 过来 |
[39:00] | Sorry about that. He’s a little giddy with success. | 很抱歉 它为胜利有点高兴过头了 |
[39:02] | I’ll be in your office, M Sec? | 我在你办公室等你 国务卿 |
[39:04] | Sure. | 好的 |
[39:04] | Yeah. Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 走吧 |
[39:10] | Mike B.’s just going to hang around for a little while. | 迈克·B还会在这里呆一段时间 |
[39:12] | Let’s get started. | 我们开始吧 |
[39:17] | Actually, I think I am. Put this away… | 其实你还真说对了 把这放到一边 |
[39:19] | I can’t believe it. | 真不敢相信 |
[39:20] | He’s going for risotto. | 他要做意大利调味饭了 |
[39:21] | They always lose with that one. | 他们总是一做那个就输了 |
[39:22] | – It’s the Waterloo of food. – Right? | -那是烹饪界的滑铁卢 -就是啊 |
[39:23] | I know. What is the deal? You can’t cook it fast. | 我也觉得 不划算啊 调味饭好花时间 |
[39:27] | – They ought to know it. – Like gnocchi. Gnocchi. | -他们怎么会不知道 -还有意大利团子 |
[39:28] | – They never learn. – They always lose with gnocchi, too. | -他们就是学不乖 -他们做团子也总输 |
[39:29] | Well, because you think | 那是因为他们以为会成功 |
[39:30] | it’s going to be good but it’s not. | 但偏是不成功 |
[39:32] | In the end, it really is just doughy potato balls. | 到最后 真的就只是软趴趴的土豆丸子 |
[39:35] | – That’s what I’m saying. – That’s it. | -我就是这个意思 -就是这样 |
[39:36] | Hey, you guys. Sorry to interrupt. | 打断你们不好意思 |
[39:39] | No, we’re just hanging. | 没有 我们也没事 |
[39:40] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[39:40] | Yeah, we’re just talking about something really important. | 我们正在谈论很重要的话题 |
[39:42] | Yeah, I heard. Uh, potato balls. | 是的 我听到了 土豆丸子 |
[39:45] | Sit down. What’s going on? | 坐 发生什么事了 |
[39:48] | I need to borrow some money. | 我要借点钱 |
[39:50] | ‘Kay. Well… how much? | 可以 多少 |
[39:53] | About $20,000. | 大概两万美元 |
[39:56] | For now. | 有可能更多 |
[39:58] | Wow. Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:00] | That’s… so much. | 那真是…挺多的 |
[40:03] | I’m applying to Georgetown next semester. | 我下学期要申请乔治敦大学 |
[40:06] | It’s actually probably a lot less | 其实有教工子女优惠的话 |
[40:07] | with the faculty discount, so… | 可能能少很多 所以 |
[40:09] | – Yeah. – Sub… substantially less. | -肯定的 -少非常多 |
[40:11] | You’re gonna go to Georgetown? | 你要去乔治敦大学 |
[40:12] | If I’m accepted. | 要是我被录取了的话 |
[40:13] | Um, I got an internship at the Microloans Program, | 我在小额贷款项目获得了实习机会 |
[40:16] | and I can only do it | 但我只能 |
[40:17] | if I apply it toward a college course. So… | 通过大学课程来做 所以… |
[40:21] | I figured, you know, why not? | 我就想 也行啊 |
[40:24] | – Cool. – Yeah, well, whatever we can do to help. | -挺好 -是的 我们能帮的都帮 |
[40:27] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那 |
[40:29] | it’s okay with you guys | 你们同意 |
[40:31] | if… if I go ahead and apply? | 我继续申请吗 |
[40:34] | – Yeah. – Whatever. Sure. | -是的 -想申就申 可以 |
[40:35] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[40:37] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[40:38] | Great. | 好的 |
[40:49] | Just so we’re clear… | 所以我们说好了 |
[40:52] | um, I’m doing this for me. | 我是为了自己才这么做的 |
[40:56] | Not you. | 不是为了你们 |
[40:57] | – Absolutely. – No question. | -当然了 -毫无疑问 |
[40:59] | Great, okay. | 太棒了 行 |
[41:01] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:01] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:02] | Night. | 晚安 |
[41:04] | Sleep well. | 好梦 |
[41:05] | We’re on your side! | 我们和你站在同一战线 |
[41:09] | That was lame, | 真是太不会说话了 |
[41:09] | that last part. “We’re on your side”? | 说什么 “我们和你站在同一战线” |
[41:11] | I know better than that. | 我可是比这有才多了 |
[41:11] | – Yeah, just… – That’s not even… | -是啊 别… -根本就不… |
[41:12] | Yeah, don’t… | 别… |
[41:13] | Take, just… take the win. | 好了 也算是你赢了一盘 |
[41:14] | Okay? | 是吧 |
[41:17] | Nice whispering, Damocles. | 不愧是达摩克利斯语者啊 |
[41:18] | How ’bout that? | 我是不是很棒 |
[41:19] | – That’s darn right. – Wait, hold on. | -没错没错 -等等 |
[41:21] | – No, hold on. – Really? | -等等 -不会吧 |
[41:26] | Don’t tell me what you’re gonna say. | 别说出那句话来 |
[41:29] | I-I gotta to go. | 我 我得走了 |
[41:30] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[41:33] | We believe there is a mole | 我们认为我们的 |
[41:35] | in our own security establishment. | 安全机构中有一个内奸 |
[41:37] | That’s why it’s risen to your level. | 所以我们才会跟您汇报这件事 |
[41:41] | Why am I just learning about this? | 为什么现在才跟我提起这件事 |
[41:44] | We wanted to preserve plausible deniability for you. | 我们想为您保留否认认知的空间 |
[41:46] | You shouldn’t have waited so long. | 不应该等这么久才跟我说的 |
[41:48] | It was a judgment call, Mr. President. | 这是我当时做出的判断 总统先生 |
[41:50] | A bad one, as it turns out. | 看来判断错误了 |
[41:54] | I’ve got news for you all. | 我也有事情跟你们说 |
[41:57] | I had questions about the Dubai crash at the time. | 我当时对迪拜坠毁之事有疑问 |
[42:01] | And I assigned a pair to investigate. | 安排了两人调查 |
[42:04] | They reported to me that it was an accident… | 他们告诉我这是场意外 |
[42:07] | which implies | 这说明 |
[42:08] | that they were hiding the truth. | 他们当时隐瞒了真相 |
[42:11] | One of those agents is dead now. | 其中一位探员已经死了 |
[42:15] | George Peters. | 乔治·彼得斯 |
[42:23] | Who’s the other agent? | 谁是另外一位探员 |
[42:35] | Stairs. | 楼梯 |
[42:36] | Hallway. | 走廊 |
[42:47] | Clear! | 安全 |
[42:50] | Clear! | 安全 |
[42:59] | Closets are emptied. | 衣橱是空的 |
[43:00] | Computer’s wiped. She’s cleared out. | 电脑内容全删掉了 她已经逃走了 |