时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Well, there’s a sight that never gets old. | 这美景我永远都看不腻 |
[00:07] | You know, if men knew how sexy they looked fixing stuff, | 如果男人知道自己修理东西时有多性感 |
[00:10] | they’d never stop. | 他们肯定会片刻不停手 |
[00:11] | Can’t feel my hands. | 我的手都冻麻了 |
[00:12] | Well, why don’t you bring them down here | 要不你先下来 |
[00:14] | and let me do something about it? | 让我帮你取暖 |
[00:18] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们哪去了 |
[00:20] | They’re out riding… till dark. | 他们骑马去了 不到天黑不会回来 |
[00:24] | I should really finish up here. | 我真得赶紧修好 |
[00:27] | Okay. I’ll go riding, too. | 好吧 那我也去骑马了 |
[00:29] | Coming down. | 这就下来 |
[00:32] | Oh, man, it’s so silent here. | 天呐 这里真安静 |
[00:35] | I’d forgotten what that sounded like. | 我都忘了安静的感觉了 |
[00:38] | Are you thinking what I’m thinking? | 你跟我想的一样吗 |
[00:40] | We shouldn’t sell. | 我们不该把这卖掉 |
[00:41] | We so shouldn’t sell! | 真的不该卖掉 |
[00:42] | But wait, you’re the one that tried to convince me | 等等 当初试图说服我卖掉的人 |
[00:44] | that we should. | 不是你吗 |
[00:45] | Well, it’s hard keeping up two homes. | 要维护两所住处太辛苦了 |
[00:47] | And we hardly even ever get back here. | 而且我们都不怎么回这里了 |
[00:49] | Yeah, upkeep on the property, | 是啊 房屋保养费 |
[00:50] | the horses, the repairs. | 马匹的费用 维修费 |
[00:52] | I know. I was present for that conversation. | 我知道 你都说过了 |
[00:53] | Present and persuaded… | 而且把我说服了 |
[00:54] | On the other hand, this is home. | 另一方面 这是我们家 |
[00:57] | I mean, this is where we’re gonna come back to | 我卸任后我们还会回到这里 |
[00:59] | after my job, right? | 不是吗 |
[01:00] | This is our normal…. | 这是我们的平凡… |
[01:01] | Yeah, but what happened to never looking back? | 是谁说决定好了就不再回头了 |
[01:03] | I’m looking forward. | 我这是规划未来 向前看 |
[01:04] | To getting back to our old selves. | 重回往昔的自我 |
[01:07] | You know, your job could go on for several more years, babe. | 你这份工作可能还得干上好几年 宝贝 |
[01:10] | All the more reason to have a touchstone. | 所以我们更应该留一块试金石 |
[01:13] | We shouldn’t sell. | 我们不该卖 |
[01:14] | On the other hand, | 话又说回来 |
[01:15] | did you see the electric bill from the horse barn? | 你看到马厩的电费单了吗 |
[01:19] | The property taxes are insane. | 还有那奇高的房产税 |
[01:20] | You see how you just… | 看吧 你又开始了… |
[01:21] | I’m verbally processing. I’m… | 我只是边说边分析问题 |
[01:25] | What are you guys doing back? | 你们怎么这么早回来 |
[01:26] | Hey, we saw a rabbit chasing a fox! | 我们看见兔子追狐狸了 |
[01:29] | Uh, don’t you mean…? | 你确定不是说反了… |
[01:30] | Nope. | 不是 |
[01:31] | Huge rabbit, skinny fox. | 巨肥的兔子 巨瘦的狐狸 |
[01:33] | There’s a parable there. | 这都能写新寓言了 |
[01:35] | I posted a picture on Instagram, | 我把照片传到照片分享上了 |
[01:36] | and it got 200 likes. | 有两百个人点赞 |
[01:38] | Yeah, way to be at one with nature. | 不是要回归自然吗 怎么还是不离手机 |
[01:39] | You’re just jealous because people | 你只是嫉妒有人 |
[01:41] | actually care what I’m doing. | 关心我在干什么 |
[01:42] | Look, your friends looked at your photo and then tapped it twice. | 你朋友看了照片后心情好点击了两次 |
[01:45] | Look out, Taylor Swift. | 你还以为你这就变身酶酶了吗 |
[01:46] | Okay, everybody, to the barn. | 大家都回马厩去吧 |
[01:47] | You guys feed them, rub them down, | 记得把马喂饱 洗干净 |
[01:49] | and then muck out the stalls, all right? | 还有打扫马厩 知道了吗 |
[01:50] | It’s freezing. Please, can we do it after? | 冷死了 能待会再干吗 |
[01:53] | – No. – Not a chance. | -不行 -想也别想 |
[01:54] | She loves these horses more than she loves us. | 比起我们 她更爱这些马 |
[01:56] | Because they don’t talk back. | 因为它们不会顶嘴 |
[01:58] | What is…? | 那是什么… |
[01:59] | What are they doing here? | 怎么这么早就来了 |
[02:00] | They’re not supposed to be here for another three hours. | 汇合时间不是三小时后吗 |
[02:02] | Cell reception is terrible. | 这里的手机信号太烂了 |
[02:04] | Maybe that’s another reason we should… | 又一个该把这卖掉的理由 |
[02:06] | Stop! | 别说了 |
[02:07] | Sorry to interrupt, Ma’am. | 抱歉打扰了 国务卿 |
[02:09] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[02:09] | We’ve been calling since this morning, | 我们从早上起就不停打给您 |
[02:11] | but, uh, we didn’t have any signal. | 但完全收不到信号 |
[02:13] | What is that smell? | 这是什么怪味 |
[02:14] | We have good news. | 我们有好消息 |
[02:15] | They reached an agreement in Brussels | 布鲁塞尔的会议达成协议了 |
[02:17] | to solve the Greek debt crisis. | 同意解决希腊的债务危机 |
[02:19] | Oh, thank God! And horse crap. | 谢天谢地 马粪 |
[02:21] | I beg your pardon? | 您说什么 |
[02:22] | That’s what that smell is. | 你说的怪味就是马粪 |
[02:25] | Well, another global depression avoided. | 成功避免再次发生全球经济大萧条 |
[02:27] | Lunch? | 一起吃午饭吗 |
[02:27] | Thank you. But we really need to get going. | 谢谢 但我们得走了 |
[02:29] | Russell Jackson’s been calling all morning. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊打了一早上的电话找您 |
[02:32] | Well, that is until we lost our signals. | 直到我们收不到信号为止 |
[02:34] | The President wants to see you, Ma’am. | 总统要见您 国务卿 |
[02:36] | I’m sure it’s about the Brussels trip. | 肯定是为了出使布鲁塞尔的事 |
[02:38] | Sorry, would you mind | 抱歉 出发前 |
[02:40] | if I used your bathroom before we get going? | 能借用一下洗手间吗 |
[02:41] | – Yeah. – Any place behind the barn is fine. | -行 -马厩后面 哪儿都行 |
[02:46] | Oh, ha-ha. Mock the city mouse. | 捉弄城里人很好笑吧 |
[02:48] | The Greeks are acting like spoiled children. | 希腊就跟被宠坏的小孩似的 |
[02:50] | They don’t like spending cuts. They don’t want to be audited. | 他们不想削减开支 不想接受审计 |
[02:53] | As if they earned the right to dictate terms to anyone. | 就跟他们还有权利发号施令似的 |
[02:57] | Come in, Elizabeth. | 进来吧 伊丽莎白 |
[02:58] | You know the former Treasury Secretary. | 你也认识前财政部长吧 |
[03:00] | Of course. Hey, Max. | 当然 你好 马克思 |
[03:02] | How’s life in the private sector? | 在企业混得还好吗 |
[03:03] | Peachy. | 还算行 |
[03:05] | Until today. | 直到今天 |
[03:06] | Our old friend is sharing his opinion | 我们的老朋友正在就 |
[03:08] | of the Greek financial agreement we brokered. | 我们达成的希腊财政协议发表高见呢 |
[03:11] | The short version is | 长话短说 |
[03:12] | my hedge fund’s investors are getting shafted. | 我的对冲基金被砍走了大笔的资金 |
[03:14] | You see an alternative? | 你有更好的方案 |
[03:15] | Absolutely! | 当然 |
[03:16] | Insist on additional austerity measures. | 坚持强硬的财政紧缩措施 |
[03:19] | Make the Greeks accountable for the promises they made. | 让希腊人履行自己许下的承诺 |
[03:21] | I wish we could, but the Greek economy | 我们也希望如此 但希腊经济 |
[03:23] | is on the verge of collapse. | 已经面临全面崩塌 |
[03:24] | Believe me, this is the best we could do. | 相信我 这已经是最好的方案了 |
[03:26] | I doubt that. | 我深表怀疑 |
[03:27] | Sir, letting the Greeks | 总统先生 就这么放过希腊 |
[03:28] | off the hook will set a terrible precedent. | 会开启极坏的前例 |
[03:30] | You’ll erode confidence in the entire bond market. | 您会损害债券市场的整体消费信心 |
[03:32] | And if the Greeks default, we’re looking at | 如果希腊违约 我们将面临 |
[03:34] | worldwide panic. | 全球范围的恐慌 |
[03:36] | There won’t be a bond market left. | 到时候整个债券市场都将荡然无存 |
[03:38] | If they default. Mr. President, | 这都是猜想 总统先生 |
[03:40] | there is still time to do the right thing. | 我们还有时间做出正确的选择 |
[03:43] | I strongly recommend that you scuttle this agreement | 我强烈建议您撕毁这个协议 |
[03:45] | and get tough with the Greeks. | 对希腊采取强硬手段 |
[03:47] | A restructure closer to 50 cents on the dollar. | 重组资产 接近五成 |
[03:50] | I appreciate your counsel, Max. | 感谢你的提议 马克思 |
[03:53] | But it’s a done deal. | 但协议已经达成 |
[03:54] | I suggest you get your hedge fund in line. | 我建议你妥善处理你的对冲基金 |
[03:56] | Better to get some fraction of your investment back | 你的投资金额 能留下一点 |
[03:58] | than nothing at all. | 也比满盘皆失好 |
[04:01] | What a waste of time. | 真是浪费我时间 |
[04:04] | Your anti-business stance | 康拉德 你的反商业立场 |
[04:06] | is not gonna serve you in the next election, Conrad. | 对你的下次普选有弊无利 |
[04:09] | Mark my words. | 记住我这话 |
[04:16] | Funny, isn’t it? | 真有趣 不是吗 |
[04:17] | How these courtesy meetings never are. | 这种礼节性会议向来缺乏礼节 |
[04:20] | Can’t make everybody happy. | 我无法让每个人都满意 |
[04:21] | Mr. President, you have made most of Europe very happy | 总统先生 通过签署这次的协议 |
[04:25] | with this agreement. | 您让欧洲大部分人都很满意 |
[04:26] | Which is why I’m recommending | 所以我建议您 |
[04:27] | that you make the trip to Brussels | 亲自去一趟布鲁塞尔 |
[04:28] | to sign the deal. | 当场签署协议 |
[04:29] | It’s not the best time. | 现在的时机不太好 |
[04:30] | Actually, it’s the perfect time. | 老实说 时机再好不过了 |
[04:32] | It’s a victory lap. | 庆祝胜利 绕场一圈 |
[04:34] | – And you need one. – I agree. I think you should go. | -正是现在所急需 -我觉得应该去 |
[04:36] | You show up in Brussels, | 如果您出现在布鲁塞尔 |
[04:38] | the other world leaders won’t be able to stay away. | 其他国家领导人肯定也会坐不住的 |
[04:39] | Makes it clear the world economy is | 世界经济局势显然正处于 |
[04:41] | being scrutinized at the highest levels. | 高度紧张的状态 |
[04:43] | And the optics will be good for my polling numbers. | 而且也有利于增长我的选票 |
[04:46] | I’m not apologizing for that. | 我可不会为此感到抱歉 |
[04:48] | After everything with Iran… | 伊朗出了这么多事后… |
[04:49] | It’s a big win. | 这是场大胜仗 |
[04:51] | And you need to put yourself in front of it. | 您必须让大家看到您的胜利 |
[04:56] | Who would bring in | 谁会带这种 |
[04:57] | this salt-coated, saturated-fat-loaded, super… | 盐超标 脂肪过量 超级… |
[05:02] | My mother. | 我妈妈 |
[05:04] | delicious and satisfying snack. | 好吃和美味的零食 |
[05:06] | I bring it here so I won’t eat it. | 带过来我就不用吃了 |
[05:08] | You could just throw it away. | 你可以扔掉啊 |
[05:09] | I can’t! | 不行 |
[05:10] | I deal with people in starving countries. | 我成天跟那些缺吃少用的国家人民打交道 |
[05:12] | I agree that it’s wrong to throw away food, | 我同意我们不该浪费粮食 |
[05:14] | but what does that have to do with this? | 但跟这件事有什么关系 |
[05:16] | Are we having our first cute workplace fight? | 这算是我们第一场办公室甜蜜小斗嘴吗 |
[05:18] | No, we’re talking. | 不 我们只是在谈话 |
[05:20] | I think we are. I think we should mark the occasion. | 我觉得算 我觉得我们应该记下这一刻 |
[05:22] | Are you crazy? Stop it! | 你疯了吗 住手 |
[05:23] | – “Crazy”? I’m a moderate risk taker. – Someone’s gonna walk in. | -疯什么 我就爱冒险 -有人会进来的 |
[05:26] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. | 你这是在逗我吧 |
[05:29] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[05:30] | It’s my magical disappearing friend. | 是我一个玩失踪的朋友 |
[05:34] | Everybody has one. | 人人都有个这样的朋友 |
[05:35] | Seriously. | 说真的 |
[05:37] | We knew each other as kids. | 我们从小就认识 |
[05:38] | We were really close friends in high school, and then | 高中的时候我们俩关系特别好 然后 |
[05:40] | he just became a swooper, you know? | 他就人间蒸发了 |
[05:42] | Don’t hear from him for ages, then he swoops in and asks, | 好几年没他的消息 然后他又突然出现 |
[05:46] | “Why aren’t we hanging out anymore?” | 问道 “咱们怎么都不一起玩了” |
[05:48] | So he’s back? | 所以他回来了吗 |
[05:48] | Yeah, As if nothing ever happened. | 对 就好像什么都没发生过似的 |
[05:50] | “Want to have lunch with me at my house today, Ginjy?” | “来我家一起吃午饭吗 小红毛” |
[05:53] | “Ginjy”? | “小红毛” |
[05:54] | Yup. Ginger head. It… | 形容生姜色的头发 这… |
[05:56] | It’s, like, an inside joke. | 这是个圈儿内的笑话 |
[05:57] | He’s colorblind. | 他是色盲 |
[05:58] | He’s-he’s a guy? | 他 他是个男生 |
[05:59] | Yeah… | 是 |
[06:01] | An immature swooper guy who calls me Ginjy. | 是个爱玩失踪叫我小红毛的幼稚鬼 |
[06:05] | Go. | 去吧 |
[06:07] | Go have lunch with your friend. | 跟你朋友吃午饭吧 |
[06:19] | You made it! | 你来了 |
[06:21] | Mr. Dalton, you really shouldn’t. | 道尔顿先生 你真不该这样 |
[06:23] | I’m sorry. Nobody cares about the President’s kid. | 不好意思 谁都不会来关注总统的儿子 |
[06:25] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[06:26] | Oh, my God, it’s you! Ginjy! | 天呐 真的是你 小红毛 |
[06:28] | Wait, wait, wait, my wallet! | 等等等等 我的钱包 |
[06:29] | Get your wallet. Thank you, Brian. Sorry! | 拿上你的钱包 谢谢 布莱恩 对不起 |
[06:41] | You should be way better at this. | 你不应该打得这么差啊 |
[06:43] | I mean, you have a bowling alley inside of your actual house. | 你可是家里就有保龄球道的人 |
[06:46] | This is temporary lodgings. | 我只是暂时住在这里 |
[06:47] | I don’t actually live with my parents, that’d be pathetic. | 我其实不跟我爸妈住一起 那太可悲了 |
[06:50] | What happened to grad school? | 你不是在读研究生吗 |
[06:52] | You haven’t heard? | 你没听说吗 |
[06:55] | I am straight out of rehab. | 我刚从戒毒所出来 |
[07:01] | Yeah, awkward. | 太尴尬了 |
[07:04] | Uh, I thought my dad told your mom, and that you would, uh… | 我还以为我爸爸告诉你妈妈了 你… |
[07:06] | Nope. | 没有 |
[07:08] | You want to ask? | 你想问吗 |
[07:09] | I don’t want to ask. | 我不想问 |
[07:09] | – Ask. – I don’t. | -问吧 -不要 |
[07:10] | – Ask. – I don’t want to ask. | -问吧 -我不想问 |
[07:11] | Oxy. | 奥施康定[止痛片] |
[07:13] | And, yeah, I ended up hitting the streets | 后来那种药越来越贵 |
[07:15] | after that got too expensive, and I am your… | 我就只有去街上找了 所以我就是… |
[07:18] | basic Dr. Phil episode. | 活脱脱的菲尔医生桥段 |
[07:21] | With the added bonus of being the First Son. | 更有料的是我是第一儿子 |
[07:25] | It’s amazing the old baseball cap and sunglasses disguise | 令人惊讶的是旧棒球帽和太阳镜的 |
[07:29] | actually works on heroin dealers. | 变装老把戏对那些毒贩竟然有用 |
[07:31] | Managed to avoid TMZ. | 避免了被《TMZ》抓到 |
[07:34] | You’re… okay now? | 你现在没事吧 |
[07:35] | I’m killing it. | 好得不能再好了 |
[07:36] | 90 meetings, 90 days. | 九十天来参加了九十场互戒会 |
[07:39] | I’m good. I’m lucky. | 我很好 还算走运 |
[07:41] | Yes, you are. | 没错 |
[07:42] | And just when I thought I had run out | 正当我认为我的父亲 |
[07:44] | of ways to disappoint my father. | 已经对我失望透顶 |
[07:46] | Oh, come on. He doesn’t think of you like that. | 别这样 他没有那么觉得 |
[07:48] | He knows that it’s hard being you. | 他知道身为总统的儿子 你也不容易 |
[07:50] | You are the sister I never had, Ginjy. | 你真是我梦寐以求的妹妹 小红毛 |
[07:53] | Fellow CIA brat knows what it’s like to grow up | 中情局的小孩都知道在满是 |
[07:56] | in a house of secrets and lies. | 秘密和谎言的屋檐下成长是什么滋味 |
[07:58] | Well, as your honorary sister, I think it’s time | 作为你的名誉妹妹 我觉得是时候 |
[08:01] | that I tell you to stop talking like you’re in a Chekov play. | 告诉你别以为自己是契诃夫话剧里的人物 |
[08:03] | That was the 12th step. | 那是戒酒的第十二步 |
[08:05] | Acknowledging that you’re not in a Russian parlor drama. | 承认自己的生活不是俄罗斯狗血戏剧 |
[08:07] | Hey, I know I say this a lot, | 我知道我经常这么说 |
[08:09] | but I-I… I wish that we did this more. | 但是我…我希望我们能多聚聚 |
[08:12] | You know? We could be like we used to be, only smarter | 和以前一样 不过比以前更睿智 |
[08:15] | and better-looking. | 也更养眼 |
[08:16] | I’m way ahead of you there. | 说到那两点 我可比你领先了不知道多少 |
[08:17] | So… | 所以… |
[08:20] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[08:27] | Extra care here, gentlemen. | 多放点心了 先生们 |
[08:28] | Let’s get these beauties home to Greece | 把这些尤物完好无损地 |
[08:30] | with all their fingers and toes. | 送回它们的故乡希腊吧 |
[08:32] | The ones they still have anyway. | 虽然有些本就是缺胳膊少腿了 |
[08:34] | We’ll take them from here. | 接下来就交给我们吧 |
[08:36] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:36] | I’m taking these statues. | 我要带走这些雕像 |
[08:38] | I have no authorization to release these to anyone. | 我没有接到授权把这些雕像移交给别人 |
[08:41] | Now you do. | 现在你就接到了 |
[08:42] | You see Repo Man? | 你看过《追讨者》吗 |
[08:44] | That’s a court order giving me permission to repossess | 法院的命令 由我收回这些雕像 |
[08:46] | the statues to pay a debt owed by the Greek government. | 以抵押希腊政府所欠债务 |
[08:51] | Call whoever you want. | 你想打给谁就去打吧 |
[08:53] | They’re mine now. | 这些东西是我的了 |
[08:55] | “Under cover of darkness, Global M-7 Hedge Fund owner | “夜色之下 全球M7对冲基金会老板 |
[08:58] | “Max Quinn pulled off the most audacious | “马克思·奎恩以最鲁莽的方式 |
[09:01] | “and expensive repo of all time, | “取得了有史以来最为昂贵的回购 |
[09:04] | “seizing Greece’s priceless Spartan Figures of Democracy.” | “希腊天价雕像 斯巴达之民主” |
[09:08] | Man, he just took them! | 他就这么拿走了 |
[09:09] | He didn’t even have a gun. | 连枪都不用 |
[09:10] | He didn’t need a gun. He had a court order. | 他根本用不到枪 他有法院命令 |
[09:13] | Wonder what he used to get the court order. | 真不知道他是怎么搞到法院命令的 |
[09:14] | Former Treasury Secretary. | 他是前财政部长 |
[09:16] | He used his cell phone. | 打电话就行 |
[09:17] | Greeks have owed him $1.3 billion for ten years. | 十年来 希腊人欠了他十三亿 |
[09:21] | Those same Greeks are | 正是这些希腊人 |
[09:21] | rioting in the streets to protest | 在大街上发生暴乱 |
[09:23] | the seizure of their artwork. | 声称要夺回他们的艺术瑰宝 |
[09:24] | Yeah, what do you expect? | 你以为会怎么样 |
[09:25] | They break plates when they’re happy. | 他们高兴的时候都还摔盘子呢[希腊传统] |
[09:27] | It’s more than that. | 不单单是这个 |
[09:27] | You can’t put a price on the Spartan Figures of Democracy. | “斯巴达之民主”是无价之宝 |
[09:30] | It would be like someone stealing | 这就好比 |
[09:31] | the Declaration of Independence. | 偷走《独立宣言》一样 |
[09:33] | Social media is totally behind Quinn. | 社会媒体完全站在奎恩这一边 |
[09:35] | They’re hailing him as a modern-day Jesse James. | 他们称赞他为现代的杰西·詹姆斯 |
[09:38] | The outlaw, not Sandra Bullock’s ex-husband. | 那个侠盗 不是同名的桑德拉·布洛克的前夫 |
[09:40] | Hey, has anyone pointed out that Sparta was not a democracy? | 有人指出斯巴达不是民主国吗 |
[09:45] | I mean, it was a totally militarized society. | 完全就是个军国主义社会 |
[09:47] | They were misnamed by a British explorer, | 是被英国探险者误命名了 |
[09:49] | who originally stole them from the Greeks | 就是他们在十九世纪时 |
[09:50] | back in the 19th century. | 把这些雕像从希腊人那儿偷走的 |
[09:51] | They’ve had a hard life. | 它们活得很不易 |
[09:53] | They’re like the foster children of antiquities. | 就像古代史领养的孩子 |
[09:56] | And we want them to be happy. | 我们希望它们幸福 |
[09:58] | But right now, we need to focus | 但现在 我们需要专注于 |
[09:59] | on the economic summit in Brussels. | 布鲁塞尔的经济峰会 |
[10:02] | I’d like to lay some guidelines. | 我想定几条指导方针 |
[10:03] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[10:06] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[10:08] | Oh, I didn’t realize I said that out loud. | 我没注意到我把心里话说出来了 |
[10:11] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[10:13] | you’re always so… | 你经常这样 |
[10:16] | thorough… in prepping us | 周密…地告知我们 |
[10:18] | about the pitfalls of fraternizing | 与其他国家人员 |
[10:21] | with the staffs of other countries. | 太过友善交往的危险 |
[10:22] | This trip is different. | 这次出行不一样 |
[10:24] | The summit has a reputation for being a party conference. | 峰会是著名的多边会谈 |
[10:26] | Everything is pre-negotiated. | 一切都是提前说好的 |
[10:28] | Which means some down time | 这意味着我们这些职员 |
[10:29] | for us staffers! | 可以休息一下啦 |
[10:31] | Hey, look, personally, I’d watch out | 我个人认为 要小心 |
[10:33] | for the Swedish delegation | 瑞典代表团 |
[10:34] | and their endless supply of aquavit. | 和他们供应不竭的白兰地 |
[10:37] | Actually, it was the Spaniards | 其实 是西班牙人 |
[10:38] | with their under-appreciated regional wines and olive skin | 和他们未被重视的传统佳酿和橄榄色皮肤 |
[10:42] | that had me hugging the porcelain. | 让我热爱上了瓷器 |
[10:43] | I’m quite serious about this. | 我是很认真的 |
[10:45] | We’ve taken some very public blows lately. | 最近有关我们的公开报道不少 |
[10:48] | Just… behave yourselves. | 你们…表现好点 |
[10:55] | Those statues were on their way back to the Greeks, | 别忘了是希腊人慷慨地允许我们在这里展出 |
[10:58] | who so generously allowed us to display them here. | 那些雕像本应该在运回希腊的路上了 |
[11:02] | So you can see how embarrassing this is. | 所以你也能看出这有多尴尬 |
[11:05] | Madam Secretary, do you know what an economy runs on? | 国务卿女士 你知道经济依赖什么运转吗 |
[11:09] | Confidence. | 信心 |
[11:10] | Really? I was gonna say money. | 是吗 我想说是钱来着 |
[11:11] | When you issue a bond, you’re selling a promise. | 你发行债券 就是售卖承诺 |
[11:14] | Break that promise, and fear rules the market. | 打破了承诺 恐慌就会控制市场 |
[11:17] | I’m just holding the Greeks accountable. | 我手上有希腊人的保证凭证 |
[11:19] | You’re holding their prized antiquities hostage. | 你是握着他们珍视的文物为质 |
[11:21] | You can’t possibly sell them. | 你不可能卖掉它们 |
[11:23] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[11:24] | They’re priceless. | 它们是无价的 |
[11:25] | Well, then what do you want? | 那你想怎么样 |
[11:26] | What any reasonable investor wants. | 所有理性的投资者都想要的东西 |
[11:28] | No, because all the other reasonable investors | 不 所有其他有理性的投资者 |
[11:30] | are signing the debt deal. | 都在签债权合同 |
[11:32] | And they’re welcome to. | 那随便他们 |
[11:33] | Me? I’m gonna get paid in full. | 至于我 我要全额偿付 |
[11:36] | Max, that is never gonna happen. | 马克思 那是不可能的 |
[11:38] | You got to give me something that I can work with. | 你得给我点让我能推进的条件 |
[11:40] | And send a message | 同时让他们以为 |
[11:41] | that corrupt, incompetent governments | 腐败无能的政府 |
[11:43] | can spend their way into oblivion | 可以一路走向灭亡 |
[11:46] | and count on us to pick up the pieces? | 但仍能指望我们去把一切复原吗 |
[11:48] | Someone’s got to say no. | 总得有人对此表示不满 |
[11:49] | Even if it means a black eye | 就算你的自我表达意味着 |
[11:50] | for your country and your president? | 给你的国家和总统当头一棒吗 |
[11:53] | That’s what I’m counting on. | 那正合我所愿 |
[12:14] | I hear you didn’t get very far | 我听说你跟前任财政部长 |
[12:16] | with the former Treasury Secretary. | 没谈出什么进展 |
[12:17] | Russell, do come in. | 拉塞尔 请进吧 |
[12:19] | Let’s put a lock on that door, Blake. | 以后给门安个锁吧 布莱克 |
[12:21] | Maybe a Marine guard. | 或许再找个陆战队员守着 |
[12:22] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[12:24] | Did you really think I was gonna convince Quinn | 你真以为我能说服奎恩 |
[12:26] | to give the statues back? | 送还雕像吗 |
[12:27] | A guy could hope. | 总是要希望一下的 |
[12:28] | You’re welcome to use the phone. | 我可以借电话给你用 |
[12:30] | Which works with me, too, by the way. | 我也欢迎你偶尔选择用电话联系我 |
[12:32] | Nah, I just left the Hill. | 我刚从国会出来 |
[12:32] | I thought I’d make a pit stop. | 想着可以过来坐坐 |
[12:34] | I wanted to let you know | 我想告诉你 |
[12:35] | that I will not be making the Brussels trip, so… | 我不会去布鲁塞尔 所以… |
[12:39] | make sure everything goes according to plan. | 请确保一切依计划进行 |
[12:41] | No screwups. | 别出纰漏 |
[12:42] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力而为 |
[12:43] | After the Munsey scandal, | 蒙西的丑闻之后 |
[12:44] | people either think the President was involved or weak | 人们觉得总统要么有牵连 |
[12:47] | not to have known something. | 要么太软弱不知事 |
[12:48] | The only thing we have to rebuild his stature | 我们唯一可以重塑他形象的方式 |
[12:50] | is the economy. | 就是经济了 |
[12:53] | So why aren’t you going? | 那你为什么不去 |
[12:54] | ‘Cause somebody’s got to hit the talk show circuit | 因为总有人要去上访谈节目 |
[12:57] | about these damn statues. | 解释破雕像的事 |
[12:59] | Clearly, I’m the one with the most on-air personality. | 很明显 我是最适合上镜的 |
[13:03] | Yeah, do have a kind… stealthy charm. | 你确实有种…神秘的魅力 |
[13:06] | Yeah, well, let’s hope so. | 但愿如此吧 |
[13:08] | ‘Cause it also turns out there’s a lot of cleanup | 谁知道政变失败之后 居然还有 |
[13:10] | after a failed coup. | 这么大堆清理工作要做 |
[13:11] | So I’ll be Al Haig-ing it while POTUS is victory-lapping. | 所以总统绕场庆祝时 我要去把戏演完 |
[13:17] | And you have to be flawless. | 你必须完美无瑕 |
[13:19] | Skate a clean program. | 事办得漂亮点 |
[13:21] | I’m sharpening my blades. | 我在精心准备 |
[13:23] | Tight turns. | 转弯都转紧点 |
[13:30] | These are the four criteria of the right to go to war, | 正当宣战有四个条件 |
[13:33] | as outlined by the author | 这是《西方传统战争理论》的作者 |
[13:34] | of the Just War Theory in Western Tradition. | 提出的概论 |
[13:38] | Who was none other than…? | 这位作者就是… |
[13:42] | Anybody? No one? | 谁知道 没人吗 |
[13:44] | Saint Augustine. | 圣奥古斯丁 |
[13:45] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[13:46] | I know it seems like a big contradiction | 我知道这看起来是个巨大的矛盾 |
[13:48] | for a holy man to take on the issue of warfare | 一个圣职人员 却从如此实际的角度 |
[13:51] | in such a pragmatic way, but most religious traditions | 看待战争问题 但大多数宗教传说 |
[13:54] | address the matter in a similar fashion. | 也如此对待这个问题 |
[13:56] | There’s only… | 只有… |
[13:59] | …a handful of religious traditions | 几个宗教传说 |
[14:01] | eschewed the notion of war altogether. | 完全避开了谈论战争问题 |
[14:03] | Most take the position that it’s inevitable | 大多数认为战争是无可避免的 |
[14:06] | and therefore must strive to be… moral. | 因此必须尽力自己…做到正义 |
[14:10] | Or as my own military ethics professor once said, | 或者就像我的战争伦理教授曾说过的 |
[14:14] | “War is always wrong. | “战争永远是错的 |
[14:17] | “Always. | “永远 |
[14:19] | “But some things are wronger.” | “但总有更加错误的事” |
[14:22] | Okay, that’s it for today. Thank you. | 好 今天的课就到这里 谢谢你们 |
[14:25] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[14:30] | Dr. McCord. | 麦考德教授 |
[14:31] | Yes? | 你好 |
[14:32] | Brigadier General Mitch Sarno. | 我是米奇·萨诺准将 |
[14:34] | Great lecture. | 很棒的一堂课 |
[14:35] | Well, you just saw the end of it. | 你只听了结尾 |
[14:37] | Uh, what can I do for you, General? | 有什么需要帮助的吗 将军 |
[14:38] | I’ve been following your military ethics courses | 我从你在弗吉尼亚大学开始 |
[14:40] | since you were at UVA. | 就在关注你的战争伦理课 |
[14:43] | We take an interest in how the next generation | 我们很关心下一代 |
[14:45] | is being instructed along those lines. | 在这些方面得到怎样的指导 |
[14:47] | “We”? | “我们” |
[14:49] | I’m sorry, I thought you might be aware of my work. | 抱歉 我以为你熟悉我的工作 |
[14:51] | I’m the commandant of | 我是华盛顿的 |
[14:52] | the National War College here in D.C. | 国防大学的校长 |
[14:55] | Well, I’m flattered that you’re interested in me, | 您对我有兴趣 我很荣幸 |
[14:57] | and a little paranoid. | 还有点开始胡思乱想了 |
[14:59] | It’s a scouting mission. | 我来此是来物色的 |
[15:01] | We think you’d fit nicely in | 我们认为你很适合加入 |
[15:03] | our Strategic Studies Department. | 我们的策略研究部 |
[15:06] | You’re offering me a job? | 你要给我一份工作 |
[15:07] | You’d be a strong addition to our faculty. | 你会成为我们部门的有力帮手 |
[15:11] | Well, uh… that-that’s quite an honor, General, | 我感到非常荣幸 将军 |
[15:13] | but, um, I’m happy with what I do here. | 不过 我在这里干得很愉快 |
[15:15] | Yes, it is rewarding, | 是的 帮文科学生 |
[15:17] | shaping the minds of liberal arts students. | 塑造思维是很有成就感的事 |
[15:19] | But our students | 但我们的学生 |
[15:20] | need to understand | 需要理解 |
[15:22] | beliefs and customs of a potential enemy. | 我们的潜在敌人的信仰和习俗 |
[15:25] | You would be teaching all the future | 你将教授未来所有的 |
[15:27] | military and national security leaders. | 军事领袖和国家安全领袖 |
[15:31] | And working for the Defense Department. | 但要为国防部工作 |
[15:33] | You’re worried about a conflict of interest, | 如果你担心利益冲突 |
[15:35] | we’re not. | 这个不要紧的 |
[15:37] | It all falls under the dome of national security. | 一切都在国家安全部门的管控之下 |
[15:43] | Give it some thought. | 考虑考虑吧 |
[15:51] | Harrison… | 哈里森… |
[15:53] | I’ve called twice and I’ve texted twice, | 我打过两次电话 发过两次短信 |
[15:56] | because I really kicked | “我有多想再见你” |
[15:57] | the “I want to see you more” football. | 说得再明显不过了吧 |
[15:59] | But now I am starting to feel like an idiot. | 我现在隐约感到自己像个傻瓜 |
[16:02] | And a stalker. | 和跟踪狂 |
[16:03] | So I’m not gonna call you again. | 所以我不会再打给你了 |
[16:05] | Ball’s in your court. | 球传到你那边了 你自己看着办吧 |
[16:08] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[16:09] | I’m an idiot. | 我是个傻瓜 |
[16:10] | I’m telling you. | 我跟你直说吧 |
[16:11] | It’s a character defect. You can’t engage. | 这是个性格缺陷 你无法帮助他 |
[16:13] | I have to try though. | 我总得试试看 |
[16:15] | I mean, he… he’s in a really fragile state. | 他正处于非常脆弱的阶段 |
[16:17] | He’s just been through a really, really hard time. | 他刚经历了一段非常非常困难的时期 |
[16:21] | Rehab? | 戒毒所吗 |
[16:22] | I didn’t say that. | 我没说是戒毒所啊 |
[16:23] | You don’t have to. | 你不说我也猜到了 |
[16:23] | The disappearing act is classic addict behavior. | 玩消失是典型的瘾君子行为 |
[16:26] | He’ll get better. | 他会好起来的 |
[16:27] | Not by being enabled. | 但不是你让他变好就能变好的 |
[16:29] | Which is what you’re doing if you’re chasing him around | 追着他跑 握着他的手倾听他的感受 |
[16:31] | to hold his hand and listen to his feelings. | 这就是你在逼迫他变好 |
[16:33] | It’s just… you don’t know what it’s like | 只是…你不知道生在他家 |
[16:36] | to be in a family like his family. | 是一种什么感觉 |
[16:40] | I know who his family is. | 我知道他的家人是谁 |
[16:42] | I heard you say “Harrison”. | 我听到你说了”哈里森” |
[16:43] | I have some deductive reasoning skills. | 我也有一点点推理技能好吧 |
[16:45] | Okay, please don’t tell anybody. | 好吧 请你不要告诉别人 |
[16:47] | Everybody knows he’s troubled. | 大家都知道他有问题 |
[16:49] | The press is gonna get a hold of the rehab thing eventually. | 媒体早晚会知道戒毒所的事的 |
[16:54] | No matter what happens, you’re not responsible. | 不管发生什么 都不是你的责任 |
[17:04] | – Damn it! – Are you okay? | -该死的 -你还好吗 |
[17:04] | What just happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:05] | Will you please | 能不能请你 |
[17:06] | sit on my suitcase while I close it? | 坐在我箱子上帮我把它关上 |
[17:08] | Will you say that again, | 你能不能用缓慢的 |
[17:09] | in a slow, sexy voice? | 性感的嗓音再说一次 |
[17:11] | – Come on. – Okay. | -快帮帮我嘛 -好吧 |
[17:12] | Do you really need all this stuff for a three-day trip? | 外出三天真的需要带这么多行李吗 |
[17:14] | It’s Europe. | 我这是去欧洲 |
[17:16] | They’re judgy. | 他们看重时尚 |
[17:17] | Hey, are you sure you’re okay with this? | 你确定你没问题吗 |
[17:18] | It’s the first time you’ve been abroad since, | 这是上次…的事情后 |
[17:20] | you know, all… | 你第一次出国 |
[17:20] | Yes, I am fine. | 没问题 |
[17:22] | Look, I’ve got my unopened bottle of nerve pills, | 你看 我有还没拆封的神经药片瓶 |
[17:25] | and I’ve got 15 hours of whale songs on my iPad | 我的iPad上有十五小时的鲸鱼歌曲 |
[17:30] | and a brown paper bag that I can breathe into. | 还有棕色的纸袋可以供我呼吸 |
[17:33] | Really, I am fine. I promise. | 我真的没事 我保证 |
[17:35] | And I’ve been doing that meditation every day, | 而且我每天都在做冥想 |
[17:37] | which I know is working | 我知道冥想有用 |
[17:38] | because of how much I hate it. | 因为我都做得想吐了 |
[17:40] | Well, good. | 很好 |
[17:41] | Hey, listen. I know it goes without saying, | 听着 我知道我不用提醒你 |
[17:42] | but you are not going to accept that job | 但你不能在召开家庭会议之前 |
[17:44] | without a full-on family meeting, right? | 就接受这个工作 好吗 |
[17:46] | I will go you one better. | 我给你个更好的消息吧 |
[17:49] | I’m not going to accept that job. | 我不打算接受那份工作 |
[17:51] | What? You’re… not even gonna consider it? | 什么 你…连考虑都不考虑一下吗 |
[17:53] | A religious scholar teaching at the National War College? | 宗教学者去全美军事学院教书 |
[17:57] | There’s only so much cognitive dissonance I can handle. | 在认知上太不和谐了 我会很困惑的 |
[17:59] | Teaching military ethics, | 教授军事伦理 |
[18:01] | a subject that you happen to be passionate about. | 这正好是你很有兴趣的课程啊 |
[18:03] | Look, I don’t want to work | 好吧 我不想为 |
[18:04] | for a competing department of government. | 一个竞争政府部门工作 |
[18:06] | State and Defense don’t compete. | 国务院和国防部并不是竞争关系 |
[18:07] | We compare and contrast expertise, | 我们通常采取公开反对的方式 |
[18:10] | often in an openly hostile manner. | 对专家意见进行比较和对比 |
[18:14] | Babe, I am happy where I am, really. | 宝贝 我对目前的工作很满意 真的 |
[18:17] | W-wait, what is this? | 等一下…这是什么 |
[18:19] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[18:21] | …a series of insults from foreign governments, | …一系列来自外国政府的辱骂 |
[18:24] | and the loss of a national treasure, | 还遭遇国宝被抢走 |
[18:27] | we must reject | 我们必须拒绝 |
[18:30] | the negotiated debt deal in Brussels. | 在布鲁塞尔议定的债务协议 |
[18:34] | That can’t be good. | 绝无好事啊 |
[18:37] | Hey, Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[18:38] | I’m finding out the same way you are. | 和你一样 我也是这样得知此事的 |
[18:41] | I’ll get into it. | 我会去处理的 |
[18:45] | So… | 所以… |
[18:47] | unless we can convince Greece | 除非我们能说服希腊 |
[18:49] | to make a new deal, and fast, | 尽快达成新的协议 |
[18:51] | they’re gonna default. | 不然他们就要违约了 |
[18:53] | Leading to global economic collapse. | 这会导致全球经济崩溃 |
[18:57] | We are not finished talking about your job offer. | 关于你的工作问题 我们还没讨论完 |
[19:00] | Why don’t you concentrate | 你还是专注于 |
[19:02] | on making sure our 401ks and house | 确保我们的养老金和房子 |
[19:04] | aren’t worthless by tomorrow morning? | 明天早上不会变得一钱不值吧 |
[19:38] | Seems our victory lap has turned into a funeral march. | 看来我们的绕场庆祝变成了葬礼游行啊 |
[19:41] | There is a definite chill in the air. | 空气里确实弥漫着刺骨的寒意 |
[19:45] | And here comes the German Chancellor. | 德国总理来了 |
[19:47] | Even at her most chipper, she can freeze fire. | 即使在她最兴奋的时候 她也能冻住火焰 |
[19:50] | Chancellor Schulz. Glad to see you. | 舒尔茨总理 很高兴见到你 |
[19:53] | I had hoped our circumstances would be more celebratory. | 我本希望我们的仪式会更喜庆一些 |
[19:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:58] | It is my understanding | 我是这么理解的 |
[20:00] | that the man responsible for this catastrophe | 应为这场灾难负责的人 |
[20:02] | is a cabinet member of your choosing, | 是一位你钦点的内阁成员 |
[20:05] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[20:06] | Max Quinn is a former cabinet member, Chancellor. | 马克思·奎恩是前内阁成员 总理 |
[20:08] | But appointed by your president, Madam Secretary. | 但确实是由你们总统任命的 国务卿女士 |
[20:11] | You are absolutely correct. | 你说得很对 |
[20:13] | But the true catastrophe began with our friends, the Greeks. | 但真正的灾难是由我们的希腊朋友引发的 |
[20:16] | Why don’t we concentrate on getting them back on board | 我们不如集中精力把他们拉回来 |
[20:19] | with the debt deal that we all worked so hard for? | 将我们如此努力达成的债务协议继续谈下去 |
[20:21] | The Greeks have made it clear | 希腊人已经表达得很清楚了 |
[20:22] | that without their prized antiquities, | 如果得不到他们引以为豪的古代文物 |
[20:24] | they have no interest. | 他们将没有兴趣谈下去 |
[20:26] | I can assure you that Secretary McCord is working on a solution. | 我向你保证 国务卿麦考德正在寻找对策 |
[20:30] | We all know that without a sound financial plan, | 我们都知道 如果没有合理的金融计划 |
[20:32] | everyone’s economy is in peril. | 各国的经济都将处于危险之中 |
[20:33] | And that is why the Greeks | 这就是为什么希腊人 |
[20:34] | must get their precious statues as quickly as possible. | 必须尽快得到他们的珍贵雕像 |
[20:37] | Perhaps if you and I can get | 也许你和我能够 |
[20:38] | Prime Minister Georgiou to meet with… | 请乔治乌总理会见… |
[20:40] | Frankly, Mr. President, | 长话短说 总统先生 |
[20:42] | Europe is no longer interested in American help. | 欧洲不再需要美国的帮助了 |
[20:46] | We must solve this on our own. | 我们必须要自己解决这个问题 |
[20:49] | Please excuse me. | 先失陪了 |
[20:55] | Did she just disinvite us to the party? | 她这是取消对我们的邀请了吗 |
[20:57] | Tell me you’re on this, Bess. | 告诉我你会处理这件事 贝丝 |
[20:59] | I am on this, Sir. | 我会处理的 总统 |
[21:10] | It’s not just Georgiou making a stand | 乔治乌想要表明立场 |
[21:12] | because Quinn took their statues. | 不光是因为奎恩拿走了他们的雕像 |
[21:14] | Everyone is mad at us because of this debacle. | 全世界的人都怪我们把事情搞砸了 |
[21:16] | The Greeks are leading the world to the edge of financial collapse, | 是希腊人把全球的经济带到了崩溃的边缘 |
[21:19] | and the United States is blamed? | 可受责备的竟然是美国吗 |
[21:20] | That’s why the French never | 怪不得法国人没有 |
[21:21] | texted me back about their party. | 给我回短信 告诉我派对的信息 |
[21:22] | Seriously? | 拜托你认真点吧 |
[21:24] | That guidelines discussion just never lands, does it? | 指导方针的讨论你们根本就没在意 是吧 |
[21:26] | It’s a friendship summit. | 这是个友谊峰会 |
[21:28] | Camaraderie is diplomacy. | 友情是一种外交手段 |
[21:29] | I just got off the phone with the Attorney General. | 我刚跟司法部长通过电话 |
[21:31] | She’s filing an emergency stay | 她正在向特区上诉法院 |
[21:33] | with the D.C. Court of Appeals, | 提交紧急延缓申请 |
[21:34] | but we won’t get a ruling until monday. | 但是要到周一才能拿到裁决 |
[21:36] | At which point… | 到那个时候 |
[21:37] | Greece will already be in default. | 希腊就已经债务违约了 |
[21:38] | I need a quick fix — something, anyone. | 我需要一个快速的解决方案 |
[21:40] | I’ve been back channeling with the IMF. | 我在跟国际货币基金组织沟通 |
[21:42] | Seeing if they’re willing to make an emergency loan | 看看他们愿不愿意发放紧急贷款 |
[21:44] | to buy the Greeks more time. | 从而给希腊争取更多的时间 |
[21:45] | All right. Stay on them. | 好的 时刻关注他们的进展 |
[21:46] | In the meantime, ask the European Central Bank | 同时 问一下欧洲中央银行 |
[21:49] | if they’ll look into another bond restructuring. | 看看他们会不会有新一轮债券重组 |
[21:51] | What else? I need something on Quinn. | 还有什么来着 我需要关于奎恩的资料 |
[21:53] | Something I can use for leverage. | 我能用作筹码的资料 |
[21:54] | Payroll taxes, IRS. | 去国税局查他工资税 |
[21:56] | The man can’t be squeaky clean. | 这家伙不可能一点问题都没有 |
[21:58] | And the judge who issued the court order. | 还有签发法院命令的那个法官 |
[21:59] | That couldn’t have been the most pristine legal process. | 他夺走雕像的程序一定不是完全合法的 |
[22:01] | My concern, Ma’am, | 国务卿 我的担心是 |
[22:03] | is investigations take time, | 这类的调查都太费时间 |
[22:04] | and this summit is over in two days. | 而峰会两天后就结束了 |
[22:06] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[22:07] | But we have to at least try. | 但不管怎样我们也要拼一把 |
[22:09] | So, dig in. | 所以 加油吧 |
[22:11] | Blake, walk with me. | 布莱克 跟我来一下 |
[22:12] | I have something I need you to do. | 有件事需要你去办 |
[22:18] | Prime Minster Georgiou, I assure you, | 乔治乌总理 我向你保证 |
[22:19] | we are doing everything we can | 我们正在进最大的努力 |
[22:21] | to get you your statues back. | 帮你把雕像要回来 |
[22:24] | But the best thing you can do for your people and the world | 你能为你的人民和全世界人民所做的最好的事 |
[22:26] | is to accept this agreement. | 就是接受这份协议 |
[22:28] | Let’s sign it, and get your country | 签了协议 让你的国家 |
[22:29] | back on firm financial footing. | 能够有坚强的经济根基 |
[22:31] | So, we loan you national treasure, | 我们把国家宝藏租给你们 |
[22:35] | and in return, we suffer no less | 而作为回报 我们却在 |
[22:38] | than an act of piracy on your land. | 你们的土地上被洗劫了 |
[22:41] | You have my word, | 我向你保证 |
[22:43] | your antiquities will be returned to you. | 你们的文物会被归还的 |
[22:45] | But it will take time. | 可这需要时间 |
[22:47] | The world economy is on a precipice right now. | 全球的经济已经处在崩溃的边缘了 |
[22:51] | We’re asking you to think of the lives of your people. | 我们希望你能为你们人民的生活考虑一下 |
[22:53] | I am! As Prime Minister, | 我考虑了 作为总理 |
[22:55] | I have to make this stand for the sake of my people. | 我不得不为了我的人民做出表态 |
[22:59] | National pride… | 民族自豪感 |
[23:02] | is at an all-time low. | 正处在历史最低 |
[23:03] | And how will economic collapse affect national pride? | 那经济崩溃会对民族自豪感产生什么样的影响呢 |
[23:06] | What’s your endgame? | 你希望看到怎样的结局 |
[23:07] | Spiros, sometimes we have to bear the brunt of criticism | 斯皮罗斯 有时我们为了更有利 |
[23:10] | for a more profitable and enduring outcome. | 更持久的结果 不得不承受一些批评 |
[23:14] | Please, don’t… lecture me, Conrad. | 请不要 给我说教 康拉德 |
[23:17] | Maybe if you had listened to your citizens, | 如果你听了民众的话 |
[23:20] | your own party would not be asking you | 或许你们党就不会不让你 |
[23:22] | to withdraw from the next election. | 参加下一届的竞选了 |
[23:25] | The Iran debacle, the corruption of your CIA — | 伊朗惨案 中情局的腐败 |
[23:27] | your credibility was the real casualty. | 你的威信受到了重创 |
[23:31] | If you actually cared about the world economy, | 如果你真的在乎世界经济 |
[23:36] | you wouldn’t wait until the election. | 你不应该等到下一届选举 |
[23:40] | You would resign now. | 你现在就该辞职 |
[23:43] | We have nothing more to discuss. | 我们没有什么可谈的了 |
[23:54] | The cauliflower looks good. | 菜花看上去不错 |
[23:56] | And the beets. | 甜菜也不错 |
[23:57] | And I’m totally down with the escarole. | 莴苣菜也合我胃口 |
[24:00] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这样 |
[24:01] | You should order whatever you want. | 想点什么就点什么吧 |
[24:03] | No, it’s okay. I’m an aspiring vegan. | 不 没关系的 我立志要做素食者 |
[24:05] | Well, I’m getting tired of it. | 我已经受够了 |
[24:06] | You want to let eggs back in? | 你想吃鸡蛋吗 |
[24:07] | No, I want to let bacon burgers back in. | 不 我想吃培根汉堡 |
[24:09] | You’ll get over it. | 你会克服的 |
[24:11] | No, I’m dreaming about them. | 不行 我连做梦都想吃 |
[24:13] | Is that why I keep waking up | 这就是我每次醒来 |
[24:14] | with my head between two pillows? | 脑袋都被两个枕头夹着的原因吗 |
[24:16] | Sorry… | 不好意思 |
[24:17] | Excuse me, uh, could you turn that up, please? | 打扰一下 能把声音调大点吗 |
[24:20] | …White House officials are reporting that an ambulance was called | 白宫官员说有人为一位白宫职员 |
[24:23] | by someone in the White House for a member of the staff. | 召唤了救护车 |
[24:26] | We’re told it was a non-life-threatening emergency. | 我们被告知此人并没有生命危险 |
[24:29] | And, of course, the President is out of the country, | 当然了 总统现在在国外 |
[24:31] | attending an economic summit in Brussels. | 参加布鲁塞尔的经济峰会 |
[24:33] | Okay, that scares me. | 好吧 吓到我了 |
[24:35] | Harrison? | 哈里森 |
[24:36] | Yeah, I haven’t heard from him. | 是的 我一直没他的消息 |
[24:37] | They said a member of the staff. | 他们说是职员 |
[24:40] | I know… | 我知道 |
[24:43] | IMF and the Central European Bank | 国际货币基金组织和欧洲中央银行 |
[24:45] | are reviewing our petitions, but no love, so far. | 正在审核我们的请求 不过目前还没有答复 |
[24:47] | Also, I tried to get the Germans | 同时 我也在努力让德国人 |
[24:49] | to sweeten the deal for Greece, | 把对希腊的条件放宽一些 |
[24:49] | but they’re not budging. | 可是他们寸步不让 |
[24:51] | They’re punishing them for walking out. | 这是在惩罚他们退出 |
[24:55] | Where’s Blake? | 布莱克呢 |
[24:56] | Oh, I saw him in the lobby two hours ago, | 我两小时前在走廊见过他 |
[24:58] | talking to some staffers. | 在接受采访 |
[24:59] | Not our people. | 不是我们的记者 |
[25:00] | I didn’t take him for a partier. | 从没想到他居然是喜欢狂欢的人 |
[25:01] | He’s probably in the gym, cycling to Sondheim. | 他应该是在健身房练脚踏车 |
[25:03] | I’m gonna go find him. | 我现在去找他 |
[25:05] | Nobody leaves this room. | 所有人都不准离开这里 |
[25:06] | The Secretary is counting on us. | 国务卿在指望着我们 |
[25:08] | We will not let her down. | 我们不能让她失望 |
[25:10] | I’ve been talking to the French and Brits. | 我一直在跟法国人和英国人谈 |
[25:12] | If we can’t get the statues, | 如果我们弄不回雕像来 |
[25:13] | I think that we can tempt Prime Minister Georgiou | 我觉得我们能提供更好的债务协议 |
[25:16] | with a better debt deal. | 让乔治乌总理无法拒绝 |
[25:18] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[25:19] | Look, I’ve heard about the rumblings in the party. | 我也听到了党内的一些声音 |
[25:23] | But did somebody really ask you not to run for a second term? | 可真的有人让你不要再参加竞选了吗 |
[25:27] | My top bundlers are pulling their support. | 我最好的支持者也不再支持我了 |
[25:30] | When the money dries up, | 钱用尽之后 |
[25:32] | the party looks for someone to throw overboard. | 党内就会把没用的人扔下船 |
[25:33] | Well, we won’t listen to ’em. | 我们不用听他们的 |
[25:35] | Part of doing the job is knowing when you’re not doing it. | 坐在这个位子上 就是要明白什么时候坐不下去了 |
[25:38] | Whatever happens though, you’ll keep your post. | 不过无论发生什么 你还会坐你的位子 |
[25:39] | They need you, and they know it. | 他们需要你 这点他们很清楚 |
[25:41] | I never wanted to be Secretary of State. | 我从来没想要做国务卿 |
[25:43] | I’m here because of you. | 我坐这个位子是因为你 |
[25:44] | Well, you should rethink your position. | 那你应该重新考虑你的观点 |
[25:46] | What is going on? | 你怎么了 |
[25:47] | Conrad, we have been in much tougher spots than this before. | 康拉德 我们经历过比这还麻烦的事 |
[25:50] | Kosovo? | 科索沃 |
[25:51] | For god sakes, 9/11? | 还经历了9·11 |
[25:53] | Why won’t you fight? | 你为什么不愿意争取一下 |
[25:54] | Germany thinks it can fix the world economy | 德国认为他们没有美国的帮助 |
[25:56] | without America’s help? | 也能拯救世界经济 |
[25:57] | Fine. Maybe they can. | 那行 或许他们可以 |
[25:59] | Can you just… sit down and talk to me? | 你能不能坐下 和我谈谈 |
[26:01] | I came here to give the world a visual | 我来这儿本是要让全世界目睹 |
[26:05] | of the United States solving the debt crisis. | 美国解决债务危机 |
[26:08] | Instead, I’m shut out of the entire discussion, | 结果我却被排除在会议之外 |
[26:11] | and I’m expected to apologize for creating a catastrophe! | 他们还要我为引起这一危机而道歉 |
[26:14] | It’s just a setback. | 我们只是遇到了阻碍 |
[26:16] | We can still fix this. | 问题还可以解决 |
[26:17] | And you can still have that moment. | 你还有机会向全世界证明你的实力 |
[26:19] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[26:35] | You sound great! | 你唱得真好 |
[26:36] | That sounds great, even in German! | 就算用德文唱也好听 |
[26:38] | Wait, wait, wait, where’s a bathroom? | 等等 厕所在哪 |
[26:39] | No, I need a bathroom. Uh, uh… | 我要上厕所 |
[26:46] | Alright. I’m going to go and use it. | 好的 那我过去上厕所了 |
[26:49] | Hi. Keep practising. | 你好啊 继续努力 |
[26:52] | Yeah. I have no clue what you’re saying. | 好 我根本不知道你在说什么 |
[26:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:56] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[26:59] | Hello? Please hurry. | 有人吗 快点呗 |
[27:03] | No! | 不是吧 |
[27:06] | No wonder you guys have such a good welfare system. | 怪不得你们的福利体系这么好呢 |
[27:09] | All right. | 好了 |
[27:14] | Really? You’re gonna be picky about which coins work? | 不是吧 对硬币还挑三拣四的 |
[27:26] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[27:28] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:29] | Can’t put a price on this. | 这样不用花钱了吧 |
[27:53] | Germany’s holding firm, so we are stalled | 德国的立场坚决 所以我们的 |
[27:56] | on a revised debt deal. | 债务交易修正案被搁浅 |
[27:57] | Then we need Greece back at the bargaining table. | 我们还需要希腊参与谈判 |
[27:58] | Which means Quinn has to return those statues. | 这就意味着奎恩要归还那些雕像 |
[28:00] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[28:05] | Okay, this is that moment | 这个时候就需要 |
[28:06] | when you guys jump in with your awesome new ideas | 你们提出绝妙的主意 |
[28:09] | on how we’re gonna achieve that. | 来实现这些目标 |
[28:10] | Ma’am, we really dug around. | 国务卿 我们真的四处打探了 |
[28:12] | I called a friend at Treasury, hoping for a skeleton or two. | 我联系了财务部的朋友 希望得到点丑闻 |
[28:15] | Nobody likes Quinn, but there’s nothing illegal about that. | 没人喜欢奎恩 但人缘不好又不算违法 |
[28:18] | I checked with the IRS. | 我和税务局核对过了 |
[28:19] | A forensic accountant might find something, | 司法会计师可能会找到些问题 |
[28:21] | but that’ll take weeks. | 但需要好几周时间 |
[28:22] | Greece has a major payment due tomorrow. | 明天就是希腊的还款日期了 |
[28:24] | We need something — some solution now. | 我们得马上找到解决办法 |
[28:27] | The big banks can cover their losses | 大型银行顶多可以 |
[28:28] | for two, maybe three days tops, | 撑个两三天 |
[28:30] | but after that, we’re looking at a very bad game of dominoes. | 但之后 情况就会像被推倒的多米诺牌 |
[28:35] | Portugal defaults. | 葡萄牙无力还款 |
[28:36] | Then spain. | 然后是西班牙 |
[28:37] | The Euro collapses, exports grind to a halt, | 欧元区经济崩溃 出口停滞 |
[28:40] | and then… your basic global depression. | 然后 全球经济萧条 |
[28:43] | All for a trio of disappointing statues. | 只是因为三个令人失望的雕像 |
[28:45] | I’d hardly call them disappointing. | 不能说是令人失望吧 |
[28:47] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[28:48] | My girlfriend and I had to book | 我和我朋友提前了一年预约 |
[28:49] | a year in advance just to see them. | 才有机会看到了它们 |
[28:50] | Aesthetically? | 美感 |
[28:51] | Not much. | 不太高 |
[28:52] | A year in advance? | 提前一年吗 |
[28:53] | Yeah. And it was elbow-to-elbow once we got there. | 是啊 看的时候都是人挤人 |
[28:55] | That’s a lot of people. | 这么多的人 |
[28:57] | And I would imagine that the division of profits | 我敢说借方可能会 |
[29:01] | would probably be pre-negotiated by the lending nation. | 提前协商利润分配 |
[29:03] | Like a mid-level rock band. | 就像一个中水平的摇滚乐队 |
[29:05] | They only make money when they’re on the road. | 只有巡演时才会赚钱 |
[29:11] | Blake! | 布莱克 |
[29:12] | Blake’s indisposed at the moment. | 布莱克现在不方便 |
[29:13] | “Indisposed” mean he’s in the bathroom? | 不方便的意思是他在厕所里吗 |
[29:15] | Not really, but that would’ve been a good idea. | 不是 他要是在厕所里就好了 |
[29:20] | Hey, Stevie. | 嗨 斯蒂芬 |
[29:21] | Hi. How are things in Brussels? | 嗨 在布鲁塞尔还好吗 |
[29:23] | Well, they’re coming along. | 慢慢向胜利迈步 |
[29:26] | Everything good there? | 一切还好吗 |
[29:27] | Yeah. Totally. | 是的 非常好 |
[29:28] | Totally not convinced. | 我才不信呢 |
[29:30] | Okay, I know that President Dalton is there. Um… | 我知道道尔顿总统在那边 |
[29:35] | I was just wondering how he seems to you. | 我只是想问问他的状况 |
[29:37] | Uh, he seems stressed. | 他压力很大 |
[29:39] | Which is appropriate. | 这很正常 |
[29:41] | Because of the debt crisis? | 因为债务危机吗 |
[29:42] | Of course. Why? | 当然 怎么了 |
[29:45] | It’s just that I saw Harrison the other day. | 我前几天见到哈里森了 |
[29:47] | He-he called me out of the blue and wanted to have lunch, | 他突然间给我打电话说要一起吃个饭 |
[29:50] | and we hung out, and it was fun, | 我们出去玩了玩 挺开心的 |
[29:52] | and then, you know, we agreed to keep hanging out, | 然后我们决定找机会多聚聚 |
[29:54] | but he hasn’t been answering my texts since then. | 但是之后他就没给我打过电话了 |
[29:56] | Isn’t he always like that? | 他不是一直都这样 |
[29:58] | Yeah, but… | 是啊 但是… |
[29:59] | I think he’s kind of in trouble again. | 我觉得他可能又遇到麻烦了 |
[30:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[30:01] | Yeah, and then I saw this thing on the news | 是啊 然后我在新闻里看到 |
[30:03] | about an ambulance going to the White House, and… | 有救护车去了白宫 所以… |
[30:07] | I was worried. | 我很担心 |
[30:08] | I was just wondering if Mr. Dalton | 我只想知道道尔顿先生 |
[30:10] | has said anything to you. | 有没有跟你说什么 |
[30:11] | Um, no, he hasn’t. | 他没有 |
[30:13] | Okay, well… | 好吧 那… |
[30:15] | I’m sure I’m just worrying for nothing. | 我肯定是在瞎担心 |
[30:20] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[30:21] | Yeah, I’m here. | 我在 |
[30:23] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[30:24] | I mean… with everything else. | 我的意思是 发生了这么多事 |
[30:27] | Tell your father I’m fine. | 告诉你爸爸我很好 |
[30:28] | Hey, I really do care, too. | 我也关心你啊 |
[30:30] | And I really am fine. Listen, I’m glad | 我真的很好 听我说 我很高兴 |
[30:33] | that you’re friends with Harrison again. | 你和哈里森又是好朋友了 |
[30:35] | If I am. | 这样还算朋友吗 |
[30:42] | I can smell you from here. | 我在这儿都能闻到你一身臭味 |
[30:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[30:45] | Imagine how I feel. | 我更遭罪 |
[30:46] | What were you thinking? | 你怎么想的 |
[30:48] | You are the last person I would’ve expected this from. | 我万万没想到你会做出这种事 |
[30:50] | I’m sorry. My coins were too big. | 抱歉 我的硬币太大了 |
[30:53] | What is that, some sort of euphemism? | 你是在跟我开黄腔么 |
[30:54] | No. They were pay toilets. | 不是 厕所是付费的 |
[30:57] | Who has pay toilets anymore? | 现在谁还用付费厕所 |
[30:58] | Stop. Stop. Enough excuses. | 别说了 别找借口 |
[31:01] | As far as I’m concerned, | 我只知道 |
[31:02] | you are an embarrassment to the entire State Department. | 你给整个国务院丢脸了 |
[31:06] | We will speak again after you have bathed. | 你洗完澡之后我再找你谈 |
[31:09] | And burned your clothing. | 把你的衣服烧了 |
[31:16] | You’re really leaving? | 你真的要走吗 |
[31:18] | What can I do for you, Elizabeth? | 我能为你做点什么 伊丽莎白 |
[31:22] | Could I get a minute, Sir? | 能占用你几分钟吗 总统先生 |
[31:27] | Excuse us, gentlemen. | 请让我们单独说句话 |
[31:33] | I don’t know why I didn’t see it sooner. | 我早该知道的 |
[31:35] | I’ve known you a long time. | 我们认识这么久了 |
[31:36] | Only one thing gets you this out of sorts. | 只有一件事能让你如此心不在焉 |
[31:40] | It’s Harrison, isn’t it? | 是哈里森 对吧 |
[31:43] | I wanted him to have some time to recover | 我还期望着在报纸刊登出来之前 |
[31:44] | before it’s out in the press. | 让他有点时间恢复身子 |
[31:45] | It’s not out. | 还没有报道出来 |
[31:48] | Stevie called me. They’ve been talking. | 是斯蒂芬给我打电话了 他们有联系 |
[31:54] | Four days out of rehab. | 戒毒所出来才四天 |
[31:56] | Lydia found him passed out in his room. | 莉迪亚就发现他在房间里晕睡过去了 |
[31:58] | Heroin. Again. | 又是海洛因 |
[32:01] | Not an overdose, just a scare. | 不是吸毒过量 只是一场虚惊 |
[32:02] | But it’s back to square one. | 但一切又回到原点了 |
[32:04] | Matter of time before it’s all over the news. | 被媒体大肆宣扬只是时间问题 |
[32:09] | Oh, poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[32:12] | He didn’t ask for this life. | 这不是他选择的生活 |
[32:14] | My heart goes out to him. | 对他我深表同情 |
[32:17] | And to you, Conrad. | 对你也是 康拉德 |
[32:20] | But Harrison’s an adult now. | 但哈里森是个成年人了 |
[32:23] | He’s in the care of people who know how to treat him. | 他受到专业人士很好的照顾 |
[32:25] | Let them do their jobs. | 让他们帮助他吧 |
[32:28] | Let him do his. | 让他自立吧 |
[32:31] | And now you do yours. | 现在你也该做好自己的工作了 |
[32:37] | September 12, you came into the office, | 九月十二日那天 你走进办公室 |
[32:39] | gathered everybody around, and told us | 召集了所有人 告诉我们 |
[32:41] | that you understood what we were feeling. | 你理解我们的感受 |
[32:44] | Frightened, helpless. | 惊吓 无助 |
[32:46] | Guilty, sad. | 愧疚 悲痛 |
[32:48] | But you told us that we had to be strong | 但你告诉我们 为了那些无助的人们 |
[32:50] | for those people who couldn’t be. | 我们得坚强起来 |
[32:51] | And then you said that | 然后你说 |
[32:52] | anybody who wasn’t up to that could leave, | 如果有人无法坚持下去可以离开 |
[32:54] | no questions asked, no shame. | 不追究也不会蒙羞 |
[32:56] | Do you remember who left? | 你还记得谁离开了吗 |
[32:59] | No one. | 没有人离开 |
[33:00] | Because of you. | 这全都是因为你 |
[33:04] | That was a long time ago, Bess. | 那是很久以前了 贝丝 |
[33:06] | Conrad! | 康拉德 |
[33:08] | We can fix this. | 这件事我们可以解决 |
[33:11] | We have to at least try. | 至少得试一试 |
[33:24] | Hi, Russell. Is everything okay? | 你好 拉塞尔 一切都好吗 |
[33:25] | As far as I know. | 据我所知 还好 |
[33:27] | That’s not what I’m here about. | 我不是来报信的 |
[33:29] | Come on in. | 请进来吧 |
[33:31] | That, uh… | 那个 |
[33:33] | job offer from the War College, Henry — | 全美军事学院的工作机会 亨利 |
[33:36] | It really wasn’t a question. | 你其实没得选择 |
[33:38] | It came from your office. | 原来是你的办公室的指示 |
[33:40] | From me, to be exact. | 更确切地说 是我的指示 |
[33:42] | You’re a top religious scholar with a military background | 你是有军事背景的顶尖宗教学者 |
[33:45] | who happens to have the highest security clearance. | 又通过了最高级的忠诚调查 |
[33:48] | It’s tailor-made for you. | 这工作简直是为你量身定做的 |
[33:49] | So what are you waiting for? | 你还在等什么 |
[33:50] | I like the job that I have. | 我喜欢我现在的工作 |
[33:53] | You could be teaching your ethics class | 你可以给未来的 |
[33:55] | to a group of future military leaders. | 军事领袖们上伦理课 |
[33:58] | NSA work you did — you were good at it. | 你当时在国安局时也干得很好 |
[34:01] | You can’t tell me you don’t miss it. | 我可不相信你不想念那份工作 |
[34:04] | Is the teaching position a cover for intelligence work? | 这个教书职位是为情报工作打掩护吗 |
[34:09] | It would be a real job, | 教书是真的 |
[34:12] | but I can’t say what may or may not come up around it. | 但我也不能说有没有附加的任务 |
[34:16] | I can say it would be public service. | 我可以说这是一份国家公职 |
[34:20] | Isn’t that the life you’re living already? | 你不已经在过着这样的生活了吗 |
[34:21] | Well, I’m not gonna answer to the Defense Department. | 我可不愿意受国防部支配 |
[34:24] | If you know my work, you know that I’ve been | 如果你了解我的写作 你一定知道 |
[34:25] | an outspoken critic of many of their policies. | 我公开批评了他们的很多政策 |
[34:28] | All the more reason to be there. | 那你就更应该去那儿工作了 |
[34:29] | Add a voice of reason. | 给他们提些理智的建议 |
[34:31] | Help the policy makers understand | 让那些决策者了解 |
[34:33] | Augustine’s Principles of Just War. | 奥古斯丁的正义战争理论 |
[34:39] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[34:42] | Elizabeth will be fine with it. | 伊丽莎白会支持的 |
[34:46] | Tell me something, Russell. | 告诉我 拉塞尔 |
[34:48] | Does this menacing midnight ride thing actually work? | 这种威胁式的午夜追杀真的有用吗 |
[34:56] | On most people. | 对大多数人有用 |
[35:02] | Max, your statues are gonna go back on the road. | 马克思 你的那些雕像要再次上路了 |
[35:05] | Like a mid-level rock band. | 像个水平中等的摇滚乐队 |
[35:07] | It’s the only way they make money. | 这是赚钱的唯一手段 |
[35:09] | What? | 什么意思 |
[35:10] | Those guys make a fortune in corporate sponsorship. | 乐队是通过公司赞助来赚钱 |
[35:12] | They got clothing lines and perfumes. | 他们能得到一系列的服装和香水赞助 |
[35:14] | Well, that was someone else’s analogy. | 这个类比不是我说的 |
[35:17] | But the economics are the same. | 但其经济理论是大同小异 |
[35:19] | You’ll return the Spartan figures | 你明天就要把斯巴达塑像 |
[35:20] | to the Smithsonian tomorrow, | 还给史密斯森协会 |
[35:21] | where they will begin a new exhibition and world tour. | 他们会重新进行展览和世界巡展 |
[35:24] | From the Greeks’ perspective, they’re still on loan. | 从希腊人的角度看 这是他们出借的 |
[35:26] | But you will get all the profits until that debt is paid in full. | 但盈利都归你 直到所有债务还清 |
[35:30] | But that’ll take a century. | 但那可能需要一个世纪 |
[35:32] | And a half. But what do you care? | 一个半世纪 但你不用在乎啊 |
[35:34] | You’re all about the principle. | 你只在乎原则 |
[35:36] | Action is taken, confidence is restored. | 措施采取了 信心也恢复了 |
[35:38] | The economy runs on confidence, I’m told. | 某人告诉我说 经济的基础是信心 |
[35:42] | And money. | 和金钱 |
[35:43] | This is a fix the Greeks can live with. | 这是希腊人可以接受的补救措施 |
[35:45] | And I’ve got to think that your shareholders | 我敢说你的股东们 |
[35:48] | would prefer it to being hostage takers? | 比起做劫匪来 会更喜欢这种方式 |
[35:50] | They’ll grumble, | 他们会抱怨 |
[35:52] | but they were getting a little antsy about global depression. | 但全球经济萧条也让他们开始坐立不安了 |
[35:55] | Then we have a deal? | 那我们达成协议了 |
[35:57] | A bad one, but yes. | 糟糕的协议 但还是达成了 |
[36:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:01] | We’ll, uh… speak soon. | 我们会尽快和你联系 |
[36:04] | Ooh! I love it when we avoid financial armageddon. | 成功避免财政末日 我们真是太厉害 |
[36:07] | Yeah, I don’t want to bring down the mood. | 我不想扫兴 |
[36:10] | One small problem. | 但还有个小问题 |
[36:11] | I can’t reach any of the European leaders or their staff. | 我联系不到任何欧洲首脑或他们的下属 |
[36:14] | For all we know, they may have gone home. | 他们回家了的可能性都有 |
[36:17] | Madam secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[36:19] | Blake. | 布莱克 |
[36:20] | Talk to me. | 跟我说说 |
[36:21] | It seems the Germans are having a secret meeting | 德国人好像在和其他 |
[36:23] | with the other European heads of state, | 欧洲国家元首开秘密会议 |
[36:25] | leaving the Americans sie frieren sich dich schwaenze ab. | 让美国人…[德语] |
[36:30] | I can also say, “another round of schnapps.” | 或者说 “让美国人再喝一轮杜松子酒” |
[36:32] | Blake was on a fact-finding mission | 布莱克昨晚在帮我 |
[36:34] | for me last night. | 调查情况 |
[36:35] | Although the public urination was his idea. | 虽然在公共场所小便是他自己的主意 |
[36:37] | Nature calls the same in any language. | 人有三急 不管是哪国人 |
[36:39] | Wait, so you were talking to her the whole time? | 等等 所以你一直在跟她联系 |
[36:41] | Except for the part where I was in a lockup | 除了我跟一个光头和一个小丑 |
[36:42] | with a skinhead and a mime. | 被一起关在监狱里的那段时间 |
[36:44] | Ma’am, these tradecraft episodes would work even better | 国务卿 如果你能提前告知大家 |
[36:48] | if you would fill us all in. | 这些谍报计划会更成功 |
[36:50] | Well, that’s actually the opposite of how they work. | 那就与谍报的原则相悖了 |
[36:52] | When is this meeting? | 这场秘密会议什么时候开始 |
[36:55] | Funny you should ask. Right now. | 问得真巧 就是现在 |
[36:59] | Sir. | 总统 |
[37:00] | Mr. President, Germany is cutting us out. | 总统先生 德国要排除我们在外 |
[37:03] | They’re having a secret meeting to kill the deal. | 他们在开一场秘密会议商量毁约 |
[37:06] | Where? | 在哪儿 |
[37:07] | Right here, third floor, petite ballroom. | 就在这里 三楼 小宴会厅 |
[37:10] | Change of plan. | 计划有变 |
[37:12] | The Secretary and I have a meeting to crash. | 国务卿和我要去搅黄一场会议 |
[37:22] | Move away from the door. | 给我让开 |
[37:24] | Now. | 快点 |
[37:28] | Should we knock? | 我们要敲门吗 |
[37:32] | Excuse me, Mr. President! | 拜托 总统先生 |
[37:34] | Sorry we’re late. | 对不起我们迟到了 |
[37:35] | Sir, | 总统先生 |
[37:37] | you and your Secretary of State are not part of this meeting. | 这场会议的参与人不包括你和你的国务卿 |
[37:41] | We are now. | 我们现在加入了 |
[37:43] | What I mean is you’re not welcome. | 我是说这里不欢迎你们 |
[37:45] | Oh, we’ll get over it. | 我们不介怀 |
[37:48] | Our minds are firmly made up. | 我们心意已决 |
[37:50] | No more deals. | 不再做任何协议 |
[37:52] | The Greeks must be punished for their recent behavior. | 希腊必须为近期的举动付出代价 |
[37:55] | We are considering kicking them out of the eurozone. | 我们考虑将希腊赶出欧元区 |
[37:58] | This is not the moment to retreat. | 这不是退缩的时候 |
[37:59] | Mr. President, we are not going to sit here | 总统先生 我们不会坐在这里 |
[38:02] | and listen to you argue for your own interests. | 听你为自己的利益做争辩 |
[38:04] | After recent events, | 鉴于近期的事件 |
[38:07] | you don’t have enough authority to hold anyone’s attention. | 你没有足够的资格成为大家注意的焦点 |
[38:11] | I’m glad you brought that up, Chancellor Schulz. | 我很高兴你提到这点 舒尔茨总理 |
[38:14] | Your attention. | 你们的注意 |
[38:16] | Or, uh, your attention spans, more specifically. | 更确切地说 是你们的注意力 |
[38:20] | Are your memories really that short? | 你们就真的这么健忘吗 |
[38:22] | I look around this room, and I don’t see a single nation, | 我环顾这里 发现不论大国还是小国 |
[38:25] | large or small, | 没有一个国家 |
[38:27] | that is immune to misfortune. | 一直都风调雨顺 |
[38:29] | Ireland. | 爱尔兰 |
[38:30] | Three years ago, | 三年前 |
[38:31] | uour bonds were junk and needed a bailout to survive. | 你们国债被评级为”垃圾” 需欧盟资金救助 |
[38:35] | Spain. | 西班牙 |
[38:37] | Your unemployment rate is at 26%. | 你们的失业率达百分之二十六 |
[38:39] | An entire generation is leaving home. | 整代人都开始离国谋出路了 |
[38:42] | Portugal. | 葡萄牙 |
[38:43] | Yesterday, | 前不久 |
[38:45] | your debt was 129% of gdp. | 你们的公共债务还占GDP比重的百分之一百二十九 |
[38:48] | Do you really want to face the music by yourself? | 你们真想独自面对这种困难局面吗 |
[38:51] | Chancellor, you’re shaking your head. | 总理女士 你在摇头 |
[38:54] | This is not a morality play. | 这不是在演道德剧 |
[38:56] | The very future of your citizens is at stake. | 你们人民的未来正岌岌可危 |
[38:59] | We can stand together, | 我们可以团结一心 |
[39:01] | as we did at the end of the second world war, | 就如二战后那样齐心协力 |
[39:05] | or we can wither alone. | 也可以选择独自消亡 |
[39:09] | Now, anyone who wants to leave, | 若现在有人想要离开 |
[39:13] | there’s the door. | 请便 |
[39:19] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:21] | I think it’s time we all got down to business. | 那我们开始谈正事吧 |
[39:26] | 家外的家 戒毒中心 马里兰州 大学园 | |
[39:32] | Hi. | 你好 |
[39:33] | Hi. | 你好 |
[39:36] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[39:38] | Uh, you’re looking at it. | 如你所见 |
[39:40] | Sorry I didn’t call. | 抱歉没给你打电话 |
[39:42] | I’m kind of a lousy friend. | 我真是个差劲的朋友 |
[39:43] | Stop. It’s fine. | 别这么说 没关系 |
[39:45] | No, it’s not. | 不 有关系 |
[39:46] | I’m… | 我… |
[39:47] | I wish I could tell you that I was gonna get better, | 我也希望能跟你说 我会好起来 |
[39:49] | But I don’t… I don’t know. | 但… 我也不确定 |
[39:51] | I’m probably gonna be a mess for a little while. | 接下来一段时间 我可能会一团糟 |
[39:54] | Hopefully a sober one. | 希望是戒毒状态的一团糟 |
[39:56] | But, uh, I don’t know. | 但我也说不好 |
[39:58] | It’s the pressure to act like a normal person, | 我被比装成正常人 |
[40:00] | it makes me feel, like, caged in, | 感觉自己被束缚起来了 |
[40:04] | so I-I’m, um… not gonna do that. | 所以我不会再装了 |
[40:09] | Look, Harry. | 听我说 哈里 |
[40:12] | I’m the Secretary of State’s daughter, | 我是国务卿的女儿 |
[40:14] | and I flamed out of college, | 我从大学辍学 |
[40:17] | I maxed out all of my mother’s credit cards, | 刷爆了我妈所有的信用卡 |
[40:19] | and then I had to move back in with my parents. | 然后我又搬回家跟父母住了 |
[40:24] | I think we can find some common ground. | 我们俩其实半斤八两吧 |
[40:27] | I still win. | 还是我更逊 |
[40:28] | You were always so competitive. | 你以前也总是这么争强好胜 |
[40:36] | Sorry, I didn’t hear the trumpets. | 抱歉 没听到军号声 |
[40:37] | I got rid of those. | 我没把他们带过来 |
[40:38] | Too distracting. | 太让人分心了 |
[40:39] | Hi, Mr. Dalton. | 你好 道尔顿先生 |
[40:40] | Hi, Stevie. | 你好 斯蒂芬 |
[40:42] | Good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[40:43] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[40:43] | Heard things went well in Brussels, | 听说布鲁塞尔的事一切进展顺利 |
[40:45] | so you’re back on top. | 你又重新掌舵了 |
[40:47] | For the moment. | 暂时是这样 |
[40:49] | Um, well, I should get going. | 我该走了 |
[40:53] | I’ll call you. | 我会联系你 |
[41:04] | The house looks amazing. | 房子看起来太漂亮了 |
[41:06] | Now everything’s working. | 现在一切都修好了 |
[41:08] | How’d you get water pressure up to the second floor? | 你是怎么让二楼的水龙头出水的 |
[41:11] | Mad skills. | 凭借高超技艺 |
[41:12] | Called the plumber. | 找水管工来修的 |
[41:15] | You know, I’ve been thinking… | 我一直在想… |
[41:17] | You’re gonna take the war college job. | 你要去全美军事学院教书了 |
[41:19] | I knew it, I knew it. | 我就知道 我就知道 |
[41:20] | I mean, you got to. | 当然了 你必须去 |
[41:21] | You know, it’s challenging, it has scope. | 这份工作有挑战性 能让你发挥用武之地 |
[41:24] | It’s a chance for you to influence policy makers. | 这是你影响决策人的大好机会 |
[41:26] | How do you turn that down? | 你怎么能拒绝呢 |
[41:28] | And I know that you liked your work at the NSA | 我知道你以前很喜欢在国安局的工作 |
[41:31] | and you kind of miss a life of service. | 你也想念为国效力的生活 |
[41:33] | And if I’m gonna be in it, why shouldn’t you be? | 既然我献身于工作 你又为何不可 |
[41:35] | You know, we always talked about being all in. | 我们总是在谈全身心投入 |
[41:38] | And this is it, this is our chance. | 现在机会来了 |
[41:40] | We gotta let this place go and go for it. | 我们得放下这里 专心追求事业 |
[41:43] | I was gonna say that I think | 我其实是想说 |
[41:44] | it would look really nice with red shutters. | 屋里装个红色百叶窗不错 |
[41:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:51] | I was gonna say all that other stuff after dinner. | 你说的那番话 我打算在晚餐后再说的 |
[41:53] | I nailed it? | 我说出你的心声了吗 |
[41:54] | Yeah, pretty much. | 对 差不多吧 |
[41:55] | I mean, it makes no sense for us to keep this farm, | 我们没必要留着这个农场了 |
[41:57] | especially if I’m gonna take that other job. | 特别是我接了那份工作之后 |
[41:59] | It’s a much bigger commitment, I’ll be traveling a lot. | 那份工作会花费我更多精力 我得经常出差 |
[42:01] | I just wanted to be sure that you were okay before… | 在决定之前 我想确定你没意见 |
[42:04] | Okay. | 没意见 |
[42:05] | Uh, you don’t have to say that. | 你不用马上决定 |
[42:07] | We can still think about it. | 我们还可以再考虑一下 |
[42:08] | I’m saying it — I don’t want to think about it. | 我决定了 不想考虑了 |
[42:10] | I’m tired of thinking about it. | 我都考虑烦了 |
[42:11] | You know what? | 这样吧 |
[42:12] | We can do all this bucolic stuff when we’re old. | 等我们老了 再回归乡野生活吧 |
[42:17] | We’re not old? That’s awesome. | 所以我们还年轻吗 真好 |
[42:19] | This gets better and better. | 真是越来越美好了 |
[42:21] | We got to tell the kids. | 我们得告诉孩子们 |
[42:22] | Yeah, you do. | 对 你来说 |
[42:23] | – I…? – That’s gonna be rough. | -我吗 -肯定很难接受 |
[42:24] | They love it here. | 孩子们很爱这里 |
[42:27] | We’re not ruining their lives, are we? | 我们不是在祸害他们的人生吧 |
[42:29] | If we haven’t ruined their lives already, | 要是他们到现在都还没被我们祸害 |
[42:31] | believe me, this isn’t gonna do it. | 信我 这事害不了 |
[42:33] | Okay, but if anybody starts crying, | 好吧 但要是哪个孩子哭了 |
[42:35] | can I say that it was your idea? | 我能说这都是你的主意吗 |
[42:37] | – My…? Okay, sure. – Hey, guys. | -我… 好 行 -你们好啊 |
[42:38] | I drew the short straw, | 我抽签输了 |
[42:39] | so I get to tell you that we’re all really bored | 所以由我来告诉你们 |
[42:41] | and wondering if we could cut this weekend short | 我们要在这里闷死了 想提前结束 |
[42:43] | and head home. | 回家去 |
[42:46] | ‘Kay, it can be my idea. | 说这是我的主意也行 |