时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | 鄂霍次克海 北太平洋 | |
[00:08] | 俄罗斯潜艇 KC-601 雅尔塔号 | |
[01:00] | – Passport? – Check. | -护照呢 -带了 |
[01:01] | Wait. | 等等 |
[01:05] | Okay, check. | 好的 带了 |
[01:06] | Lecture notes. | 演讲笔记 |
[01:07] | What? | 什么 |
[01:08] | Lecture notes? | 演讲笔记呢 |
[01:09] | Oh, uh, yeah. Got it. Okay. | 对了 这里 |
[01:11] | What about that big, ugly parka | 我给你买的那件 |
[01:13] | that I bought you that’s so warm? You gonna take it? | 又大又丑的保暖大衣呢 带吗 |
[01:15] | Yes. Got it. Russia, here I come. I’m all set. | 知道了 俄罗斯 我来了 我准备好了 |
[01:19] | Listen, I want you to take this cell phone | 听着 不要用你平常的手机 |
[01:20] | instead of your regular one. | 带上这个 |
[01:22] | What? Why? Better calling plan or…? | 怎么了 为什么 套餐更加优惠还是… |
[01:24] | It’s a more secure line. | 这个线路更安全 |
[01:25] | You know, there’s nothing covert about this visit. | 这次访问并没有什么机密 |
[01:27] | I’m just lecturing about fundamentalism | 这只是对一群根本不认识的军官 |
[01:29] | to a bunch of colonels named Boris. | 进行一场关于原教旨主义的演讲 |
[01:30] | First of all, it’s not just a lecture. | 首先 这不仅是一场演讲 |
[01:32] | These military-to-military exchanges | 正是这种军事上的交流 |
[01:35] | help keep the peace. It’s a big deal. | 才能帮助我们维系和平 这很重要 |
[01:37] | I feel special again. Thanks. | 你让我感到自己好特别 谢谢 |
[01:40] | You think just anyone | 你以为谁都能 |
[01:41] | gets invited to these things, | 被请去干这种事吗 |
[01:42] | especially at the personal behest | 而且还是外交部长葛莱弗 |
[01:44] | of Foreign Minister Gorev? | 特别指定的 |
[01:45] | He forgot that I once refused to give his daughter an “A”. | 估计他忘了以前我没给他女儿打”A” |
[01:48] | Do the world a favor: | 为了世界和平 |
[01:49] | don’t remind him of that. | 别跟他提这件事 |
[01:50] | Now, that is a secure line | 这是条加密的线路 |
[01:52] | so that we can, you know, | 所以咱们的谈话 |
[01:54] | talk without any Borises listening in. | 不会被任何军方人员监听 |
[01:57] | Just in case you have trouble staying warm | 万一在那漫长的冬夜里你难以保暖 |
[01:59] | on those long winter nights. | 就给我来电嘛 |
[02:03] | I was not sleeping. | 我没有睡着 |
[02:05] | – Yes, you were. – I was meditating. | -你睡着了 -我是在冥想 |
[02:06] | You were not; you were snoring in the middle of… | 才没有呢 你都打呼了… |
[02:08] | I was not. | 才没有 |
[02:09] | – Yes. – Was I? | -真的 -是吗 |
[02:10] | Yes. | 真的 |
[02:11] | But you find that incredibly sexy though, right? | 但你觉得这样很性感吧 |
[02:12] | Snoring. | 打呼噜啊 |
[02:13] | Come on, it’s not an old thing. | 得了吧 又不是因为我年纪大了 |
[02:15] | It was a, it was a boring movie. | 是电影太无聊了 |
[02:17] | Come on, I’m so with it. | 真的 我可是紧跟潮流的 |
[02:18] | I’m so… look, come on. | 我很 你看 |
[02:19] | Look at my phone. | 看看我手机 |
[02:20] | Look at all the applications | 瞧瞧我这里有 |
[02:22] | and life hacks… I have on here. | 多少应用和养生软件 |
[02:27] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:28] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[02:31] | Oh, my God, where’d you get that? | 天呐 这你是从哪搞到的 |
[02:32] | I have an alert app that dings me | 我装了个提醒软件 |
[02:34] | every time your name or photo shows up on the internet. | 每次你的名字或照片出现在网上时都会推送 |
[02:36] | See? With it. | 看见没 紧跟潮流 |
[02:37] | What? | 什么 |
[02:38] | Well, no, I have it for everyone in the office. | 办公室里每个人我都设了提醒 |
[02:40] | I have to make sure they’re not making the wrong kind of news. | 我得确保他们别闹出什么不恰当的新闻 |
[02:43] | Wait, how did this get here? | 等等 这照片怎么会在这 |
[02:45] | Well, who posted it? | 是谁发的 |
[02:46] | Alison! | 艾莉森 |
[02:47] | Alison, it’s her account. | 艾莉森 这是她的账号 |
[02:49] | God, I’m gonna kill her. | 天呐 我要杀了她 |
[02:51] | And that’s… that’s, that’s Harrison, right? | 而那位是…是哈里森吧 |
[02:54] | The, uh, President’s son? | 就是…总统的儿子 |
[02:56] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[02:58] | Sort of breaks your heart to see him | 再他犯了这么多错误之后看以前的照片 |
[02:59] | before all the bad choices. | 一定很心痛吧 |
[03:03] | I don’t see what the big deal is. | 我没觉得有什么大不了的 |
[03:04] | He’s the President’s son, Ali! | 他是总统的儿子 艾莉 |
[03:06] | That kind of makes it a big deal. | 这种事就是大事 |
[03:07] | Plus, he really needs privacy right now. | 再说他现在真的很需要私人空间 |
[03:09] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[03:10] | Don’t worry about what it means. | 别管什么意思 |
[03:11] | Just take the picture down. | 把照片撤下来就好 |
[03:12] | Wait, are you freaking out because there actually | 等等 你这么抓狂是因为 |
[03:14] | is something going on between you and Harrison? | 你和哈里森之间真的有什么吗 |
[03:14] | No, no, look, I already told you we dated for, like, three weeks | 不不 我跟你说了我只是在和你 |
[03:18] | when I was your age, okay? | 差不多大的时候 跟他交往过三周 |
[03:19] | We are just friends. | 我们只是朋友 |
[03:20] | But it is really important to me | 但是让他觉得能信任我 |
[03:22] | that he feels like I am someone that he can trust. | 对我来说很重要 |
[03:24] | Please be more mysterious. | 你俩能更明显一点吗 |
[03:25] | Look, I don’t want him looking at this | 我不想让他看到这个以后 |
[03:27] | and thinking that I’m going around telling people | 觉得我是在到处宣扬 |
[03:29] | that I’m “one half of Starrison”. | 说我要成为”半个斯里恋” |
[03:32] | And according to this, not the cute half. | 而且据八卦说 还是不好看的那一半 |
[03:35] | Girls, I’m leaving. | 姑娘们 我要走了 |
[03:37] | Come say do svidan’ya. | 来道个别[俄语]吧 |
[03:41] | Let’s go say do svidan’ya. | 咱们去道别吧 |
[03:45] | Morning, all. | 早上好 |
[03:46] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:47] | Nadine tells me I have a very full schedule today. | 纳丁跟我说今天计划排得满满的 |
[03:50] | Uh, yes, we’re starting with the Russian war games | 是的 首先来看看阿拉斯加海岸线一带 |
[03:52] | off the Alaskan coast. | 俄罗斯开展的战争过家家 |
[03:53] | They began this morning. | 他们今早开始的 |
[03:54] | A flotilla of some 50 different vessels and aircraft. | 派出了近五十种不同的飞机和船只 |
[03:57] | They’re technically within their rights. | 这还算在他们的权力范围之内 |
[03:58] | The maneuvers and test firings are taking place | 他们的演习和导弹试发射 |
[04:00] | on international waters and outside American airspace. | 都是在公海和美国领空之外进行的 |
[04:02] | Still insultingly close to our northern borders. | 但还是很接近我们的北部边界 |
[04:05] | But we were expecting something like this, right? | 可是这本来就在我们预料之中吧 |
[04:07] | After the NATO thing? | 自北约那事以后 |
[04:08] | Yes, it’s believed to be a response | 没错 我们向拉脱维亚 |
[04:09] | to our announced deployment of the NATO Rapid Response | 派遣北约快速反应突击部队后 这种表现 |
[04:12] | Strike Force in Latvia. | 是意料之中的事 |
[04:13] | Which was our response to Russia’s meddling | 那也是我们对俄罗斯干扰其周边国家 |
[04:15] | in its neighbor’s affairs. | 内务的回应 |
[04:17] | Moldova being the most recent example. | 最近一次是摩尔多瓦 |
[04:19] | White House expects us to send | 国务卿 白宫希望我们提交 |
[04:20] | a demarche, Ma’am, a diplomatic cable in protest. | 行动方针 对其外交政策的抗议 |
[04:23] | The NATO force in Latvia was the right call. | 向拉脱维亚派遣紧急部队是正确的决定 |
[04:25] | I’m just annoyed that Ostrov is so determined | 只是奥斯特罗夫决意再度挑起冷战 |
[04:28] | to refight the Cold War, | 而不是想办法搞好 |
[04:29] | instead of fixing his crappy economy. | 自家经济 真是让人厌恶 |
[04:31] | Don’t, uh, put that in the protest thingy. | 别把这话写到抗议文书里 |
[04:34] | – Speaking of the Cold War, – Ma’am? | -说到冷战 -国务卿 |
[04:36] | there’s a ceremony today | 今天有一场为 |
[04:38] | for Ezra Lyle Helsinger, | 以斯拉·莱尔·赫尔辛格举办的宴会 |
[04:39] | department’s oldest foreign service office. | 外事部门最为年长的官员 |
[04:41] | He’s retiring today, after 60 years of service. | 他今天退休 已经工作六十年了 |
[04:45] | Wow, 60 years. | 六十年 |
[04:46] | Good for him. | 真是不错 |
[04:47] | I’m sorry, Ma’am? | 抱歉 国务卿 |
[04:49] | You’re needed in the Situation Room. | 战情室要您过去 |
[04:52] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[04:54] | What’s up? | 出什么事了 |
[04:55] | Blake couldn’t give me any details. | 布莱克什么也没跟我说 |
[04:56] | That’s because it’s need to know. | 因为仅限部分人知晓 |
[04:58] | ‘Kay, what do I need to know? | 好吧 那我需要知道什么 |
[05:00] | Russian war games have gotten heated. | 俄罗斯军事演习进入白热化 |
[05:02] | One of their subs split from the fleet | 他们一艘潜艇离开了编队 |
[05:03] | and has crossed into US coastal waters. | 进入了美国海域 |
[05:05] | That’s aggressive, but not unprecedented. | 很有侵略性 但也不算史无前例 |
[05:07] | Sure, Russians like to test our defenses, | 是 俄罗斯喜欢测试我们的防御系统 |
[05:09] | just like we test theirs, | 就像我们也喜欢测试他们的一样 |
[05:10] | but we were tracking the sub, and it vanished. | 我们一直在追踪那潜艇 可它消失了 |
[05:12] | That is unprecedented. | 这就史无前例了 |
[05:15] | So they’ve perfected some kind of cloaking technology. | 所以说他们是完善了隐形技术 |
[05:18] | And the sub’s nuclear armed, I’m guessing? | 我猜那潜艇还装备了核武器吧 |
[05:20] | And now it’s somewhere off the Alaska shoreline, | 潜艇现在在阿拉斯加海岸线附近 |
[05:22] | intentions unknown. | 目的不明 |
[05:23] | Could be posturing, | 可能就做做样子 |
[05:24] | could be about starting World War III. | 也可能要发动第三次世界大战 |
[05:25] | What’s Ostrov saying? | 奥斯特罗夫怎么回复的 |
[05:26] | We tried calling President Ostrov directly. | 我们已经试图打电话给奥斯特罗夫总统了 |
[05:28] | We’re told he’s at a remote location. | 我们被告知他在偏远地区 |
[05:29] | He can’t be reached. | 联系不到 |
[05:30] | So he’s vanished, as well. | 他也消失了 |
[05:33] | Heck of a week for Henry to go to Russia. | 亨利真是挑了个好时候去俄罗斯 |
[05:35] | Can’t disagree with you there. | 谁说不是呢 |
[05:38] | 诺诺宾馆 俄罗斯 莫斯科州 | |
[05:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:51] | Professor McCord, you are most welcome. | 麦考德教授 非常欢迎 |
[05:53] | Thank you, Minister Gorev. | 谢谢您 葛莱弗部长 |
[05:54] | You must call me Anton. | 叫我安东吧 |
[05:56] | Even after I wouldn’t give your daughter an “A” last semester? | 尽管我上学期没给您女儿A也行吗 |
[05:58] | I overreached in asking. | 是我要求太过了 |
[06:00] | An “Incomplete” was generous. | “因故重修”已经很慷慨了 |
[06:02] | Well, good. | 太好了 |
[06:04] | I’m glad we cleared the air on that. | 我很高兴我们消除误会了 |
[06:05] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[06:07] | Indeed, that is the purpose of these wonderful meetings | 那也是我们两国军方 |
[06:10] | between our militaries. | 这些会议的目标 |
[06:13] | To keep the air clear. | 消除误会 |
[06:15] | Especially in a time of such… | 特别是在这样的… |
[06:18] | unfortunate misunderstandings. | 出现不幸误解的时期 |
[06:22] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢各位 |
[06:23] | It’s an honor to be here. | 我很荣幸来到这里 |
[06:24] | I’m gonna speak with you today | 我今天要谈的是 |
[06:25] | about a subject that is of great importance | 对我们两国和人类共同文明 |
[06:28] | to our two countries and our common civilization, | 都非常重要的话题 |
[06:30] | and that is the roots of the two notions | 即关于正统宗教战争或斗争的 |
[06:33] | of righteous religious warfare or struggle. | 两个概念的根源 |
[06:36] | Namely, Jihad in classical Islam, | 这两个概念 分别是传统伊斯兰的圣战 |
[06:39] | and in both Eastern and Western Christianity, | 和东西方基督教中都有的 |
[06:41] | the concept of Crusade. | 十字军概念 |
[06:49] | Professor McCord, may I introduce the president | 麦考德教授 请允许我介绍 |
[06:52] | of the Russian Federation | 俄罗斯联邦总统 |
[06:53] | and our supreme commander-in-chief, | 军方最高指挥官 |
[06:55] | Pavel Ostrov. | 帕维尔·奥斯特罗夫 |
[06:58] | Professor McCord, | 麦考德教授 |
[06:59] | it is an honor to meet you. | 非常荣幸能跟你见面 |
[07:02] | It’s also my honor, uh, Mr. President, | 我也很荣幸 总统先生 |
[07:04] | and bit of a surprise. | 还有点惊讶 |
[07:06] | I like to come to this place on occasion for a visit. | 我偶尔会来这里走走 |
[07:09] | For the beautiful country, | 看看美景 |
[07:11] | the recreation and for the game. | 娱乐一下 尝尝野味 |
[07:13] | I’m told you enjoy blood sports. | 我听说你喜欢血腥的运动 |
[07:17] | If, by that, you mean hunting, | 如果您指的是打猎 |
[07:19] | then, yes, my father took me sometimes. | 那是的 我父亲曾带我打过 |
[07:22] | Deer, duck, an occasional squirrel. | 鹿 野鸭 有时还有松鼠 |
[07:25] | Then you must come hunt with me. | 那你一定要跟我来打猎 |
[07:26] | No refusing. | 不许拒绝 |
[07:28] | My pleasure is to show | 我很高兴 |
[07:29] | the goodness of Russian life | 向这样重要 高贵的贵客 |
[07:30] | to such eminent, distinguished guest. | 展示俄罗斯生活的美好 |
[07:33] | With such a beautiful, eminent wife. | 而且你还有一位美丽 高贵的妻子 |
[07:45] | Mr. President, we’ve been in contact. | 总统先生 我们联系过了 |
[07:47] | They deny that sub is even there. | 他们否认潜艇在我国海域内 |
[07:49] | Still claiming their right to refute reality. | 他们还在否认事实 |
[07:52] | What do we know about the sub itself? | 我们对那艘潜艇了解多少 |
[07:54] | We think it’s the Yalta, Sir; it’s a new sub | 我们认为那是雅尔塔号 是艘新艇 |
[07:56] | out of Vladivostok with an experimental stealth technology | 海参崴制造 应用了试验阶段的隐身技术 |
[07:59] | more advanced than ours. | 比我们的还先进 |
[08:01] | Apparently. | 明显是先进不少 |
[08:01] | It’s powered by a fission reactor, | 动力来源为核裂变反应堆 |
[08:03] | carrying six Bulava-type cruise missiles, | 携带六枚布拉瓦巡航导弹 |
[08:06] | each with 150-kiloton warhead | 每枚都有十五万吨当量弹头 |
[08:08] | and a range of about 60 miles. | 覆盖范围六十英里 |
[08:09] | But again, what is most disturbing about it… | 但我重申 最令人不安的… |
[08:12] | besides the fact that it could be | 除了它有可能会炸平任何停靠地 |
[08:13] | on its way to flatten anchorage… | 这件事情之外… |
[08:16] | …is how they have just proven | 是他们刚刚证明了 |
[08:18] | that they can evade all forms of detection by sonar, | 他们可以避开所有形式的探测 声纳 |
[08:21] | magnetic anomaly | 磁场 |
[08:23] | or satellite array. | 卫星定位 |
[08:25] | A true stealth weapon. | 这是艘真正可以隐形的武器 |
[08:27] | They can hit us before we even know they’re there. | 他们可以在我们发现之前攻击我们 |
[08:29] | Ostrov’s been bankrupting his economy, | 奥斯特罗夫牺牲了经济 |
[08:32] | and trying to get back to military parity with the West. | 试图从军事方面找回跟西方对等的地位 |
[08:35] | Now he may have it. | 现在他可能做到了 |
[08:36] | Well, they’ve got the drop on us. | 他们占据了优势 |
[08:37] | The question is what do they want? | 问题是他们想要什么 |
[08:38] | Is Ostrov just making us sweat, or | 奥斯特罗夫这是在吓唬我们 |
[08:41] | is this more than posturing? | 还是说他不只是在做做样子 |
[08:44] | Sir… | 总统先生… |
[08:45] | if Ostrov isn’t talking to us, | 如果奥斯特罗夫不跟我们对话 |
[08:48] | I may know somebody who will. | 我知道也许有人愿意 |
[08:52] | Nadine… | 纳丁 |
[08:53] | you clear my schedule for the rest of the day? | 可以取消我今天的安排吗 |
[08:56] | All of it, Ma’am? | 全部吗 国务卿 |
[08:57] | And, Nadine, quietly, okay? | 还有 纳丁 不要声张 好吗 |
[08:59] | Get Gorev on SVTC, please. | 视频连线葛莱弗 |
[09:01] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[09:02] | Is everything okay, Ma’am? | 一切都好吗 国务卿 |
[09:04] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 挺好的 |
[09:05] | I just need to clear my schedule. | 我只是需要取消今天的安排 |
[09:07] | Oh, it’s definitely a loose nuke. | 绝对是发生核爆了 |
[09:09] | We’re all dead. | 我们都要死了 |
[09:10] | Good news is there’s a bunker in the basement. | 好消息是地下室里有掩体 |
[09:12] | Okay, that’s enough doomsday. | 好了 世界末日话题到此为止 |
[09:13] | You heard the Secretary. | 你们听到国务卿说什么了 |
[09:14] | Let’s clear her schedule. | 去取消她的安排 |
[09:16] | Quietly. | 不要声张 |
[09:19] | She’s fun. | 她真幽默 |
[09:20] | I heard that. | 我听见了 |
[09:22] | Don’t try and evade the issue, | 不要回避问题 也别跟我说 |
[09:24] | and don’t try telling me the this sub isn’t there, Anton. | 那艘潜水艇并非在我国海域 安东 |
[09:27] | It’s just the two of us now. | 现在只有我们两个人在场 |
[09:29] | Yes, two friends talking openly and honestly, | 是的 两个开诚布公聊天的朋友 |
[09:32] | but then friends also don’t put powerful weapons | 但朋友是不会用强大的武器 |
[09:34] | on each other’s borders. | 对准对方的边境的 |
[09:36] | I’m listening. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[09:38] | I thought it might come to this. | 就知道你会这么说 |
[09:40] | So, say one of our subs | 所以 就当我们的确 |
[09:42] | did lose its direction | 有一艘潜水艇迷失了方向 |
[09:44] | and come too close to your Alaska | 来到了离你们熊和三文鱼泛滥的 |
[09:46] | with its bears and salmon. | 阿拉斯加非常近的地方 |
[09:48] | You’re about to put NATO troops on the Latvian border, | 你们要在拉脱维亚边境设置北约军队 |
[09:51] | just a few hundred miles from Moscow. | 那里离莫斯科只有几百英里 |
[09:53] | Which is less friendly? | 你说谁更不友好呢 |
[09:56] | So what can we do about that? | 那么我们能做点什么 |
[09:58] | Cancel the NATO deployment, | 撤销北约的部署 |
[10:00] | and perhaps the captain | 这样 也许船长 |
[10:01] | will find his map again, | 就会重新找回他的地图 |
[10:03] | come back home. | 然后回家 |
[10:04] | Honest enough for you? | 对你够坦诚了吗 |
[10:06] | Perfectly. | 相当坦诚 |
[10:07] | You also know I’m being honest | 你也知道当我跟你说 |
[10:09] | when I tell you that bullying and threats | 胁迫和威胁无法改变美国 |
[10:12] | will not alter the resolve of the United States | 及其同盟国的决心时 |
[10:14] | or its allies. | 我也是很坦诚的 |
[10:15] | And your president needs to pick up the phone. | 让你们的总统接电话 |
[10:19] | I will tell him myself when I see him. | 等我见到他我会告诉他的 |
[10:22] | He can’t have gone far. | 他一定没有走远 |
[10:25] | What are you talking about? | 这话什么意思 |
[10:26] | Didn’t you know? | 你不知道吗 |
[10:27] | President Ostrov has invited your husband Henry | 奥斯特罗夫总统邀请了你丈夫亨利 |
[10:30] | to go hunting with him. | 跟他一起去打猎 |
[10:31] | They’re in the woods, hunting grouse. | 他们正在树林里猎松鸡 |
[10:34] | One of President Ostrov’s favorite pastimes. | 这是奥斯特罗夫总统最喜爱的消遣之一 |
[10:37] | It’s quite an honor for your husband. | 对你丈夫来说 这是很大的荣耀 |
[10:40] | Is that what it is? | 真的是这样吗 |
[10:42] | I’m certain they’re having a wonderful time. | 我敢肯定他们正过得非常愉快 |
[10:46] | Well, all I can say is, | 我只能说 |
[10:48] | they better be. | 最好是这样 |
[10:50] | Until later, Madam Secretary. | 下次再聊 国务卿女士 |
[11:08] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:10] | Hunt requires quiet, Professor. | 打猎需要安静 教授 |
[11:13] | We are not having very much luck today. | 我们今天运气并不太好 |
[11:18] | Maybe the camera crew had something to do with it. | 也许是因为摄像团队的关系吧 |
[11:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[11:22] | With this gun, I always have very good luck. | 只要用这把枪 我的运气总是很好的 |
[11:24] | Oh, it’s beautiful. | 这枪确实威武 |
[11:25] | My grandfather’s. | 是我祖父的 |
[11:28] | He kept it with him in the Great Patriotic War, | 在伟大的爱国战争中 你们的二战时期 |
[11:30] | your World War II, during the Blockade Leningrad. | 封锁列宁格勒时 他一直带着它 |
[11:34] | The Siege of Leningrad? | 列宁格勒围城战吗 |
[11:35] | You know it? | 你知道啊 |
[11:36] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[11:38] | Through entire blockade, my grandfather kept it | 在整个封锁过程中 我祖父一直将它 |
[11:41] | cocked and loaded by the front door, | 装满子弹并上膛放在前门 |
[11:44] | so, if the Germans ever break through, | 这样 只要德军冲破了前门 |
[11:47] | if they come to the house for my aunts and my grandmother, | 只要他们进屋来抓我姨妈们和我祖母 |
[11:50] | he has something to shoot the enemy with. | 他就可以拿枪消灭敌人 |
[11:53] | And if necessary… | 如果必要的话 |
[11:55] | his family, and then himself. | 也枪毙他的家人 然后他自己 |
[11:59] | May I ask, Sir, | 我能否请问 总统先生 |
[12:01] | why you’re telling me all this? | 您为什么要告诉我这些呢 |
[12:03] | Our people are never frightened, | 我们国家的人从来不会害怕 |
[12:05] | Professor, and we outlast our enemy. | 教授 我们总比敌人活得更长 |
[12:08] | So, tell your wife and your president, | 所以 请告诉你妻子和你们的总统 |
[12:10] | we don’t back down. | 我们决不退让 |
[12:13] | I will convey your message, Mr. President. | 我会将信息传达给他们的 总统先生 |
[12:15] | But to be honest, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 但说实话 我完全不明白您在说什么 |
[12:18] | Don’t worry. They will. | 别担心 他们会明白的 |
[12:29] | He did what? | 他干了什么 |
[12:30] | Yeah. My left ear is still ringing. | 是啊 我的左耳还在嗡嗡响 |
[12:33] | But at least now I know what that was all about. | 但至少现在我知道这是怎么回事了 |
[12:34] | He was using me for propaganda. | 他是利用我来做宣传 |
[12:36] | Let’s just hope that’s all you are. | 但愿不会对你还有别的目的了 |
[12:38] | You really think he’d take me hostage? | 你真觉得他会拿我当人质吗 |
[12:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:40] | Clearly, he coordinated | 很显然他协调了 |
[12:42] | the sub incursion with your visit. | 潜水艇入侵和你的访问时间 |
[12:43] | It’s just optics. | 这只是表面 |
[12:45] | Lecturing the Secretary of State’s husband | 在他的潜水艇悄悄靠近阿拉斯加的时候 |
[12:47] | while his sub is sneaking around Alaska? | 来教训国务卿女士的丈夫 |
[12:49] | The message is: | 要传达的信息是 |
[12:51] | don’t let NATO troops go into Latvia. | 别让北约军队进入拉脱维亚 |
[12:53] | Well, now that we’ve heard it, | 既然现在消息传达到了 |
[12:55] | why don’t you come home? | 你为什么还不回家呢 |
[12:57] | No, if I cut and run now, | 不行 如果我现在撒腿就跑 |
[12:58] | he’ll just know that we’re scared. | 他就会知道我们害怕了 |
[12:59] | I think I should act like everything is fine. | 我想我应该表现得正常一些 |
[13:02] | They’ve invited me to tour | 他们邀请我去参观 |
[13:04] | an Orthodox monastery of St. George. | 一间东正教的圣乔治修道院 |
[13:06] | I think I should go. | 我想我应该去 |
[13:07] | Besides, it’s a significant historical site, | 再说 那是个重要的历史遗迹 |
[13:09] | crucial to the spread of Christianity during Mongol Rule. | 对于蒙古统治时期的基督教传播意义重大 |
[13:13] | I am finding your dorkiness | 我现在越发感到 |
[13:15] | oddly reassuring right now. | 你的呆瓜样很让我安心 |
[13:17] | We need you in there. | 你得过去了 |
[13:19] | Henry, I gotta go. | 亨利 我得挂电话了 |
[13:22] | Be safe, okay? | 注意安全 好吗 |
[13:23] | I will. Okay. | 我会的 没事 |
[13:28] | Henry all right? | 亨利还好吧 |
[13:30] | As long as the only actual shots being fired are | 只要开枪射杀的目标只是 |
[13:32] | at a bunch of defenseless birds, yeah, | 手无还击之力的鸟类 我想 |
[13:35] | I think we’re all right. | 我们的情况就还好 |
[13:36] | Mr. President, this is Ostrov grandstanding. | 总统先生 这是奥斯特罗夫在作秀 |
[13:38] | Clearly, the man likes to put on a show. | 显然这人就爱哗众取宠 |
[13:40] | What are you proposing, Darren? | 你有什么提议 达伦 |
[13:41] | Well, if he wants to grandstand, | 如果他要作秀 |
[13:43] | hide-and-seek with the sub, | 玩潜水艇躲猫猫 |
[13:44] | not to mention whatever | 更不用说他还想要 |
[13:45] | he’s trying to do with the Secretary’s husband, | 拿国务卿的丈夫做什么文章 |
[13:47] | we should put on a show right back. | 那我们就应该同样演一出来回敬他 |
[13:48] | Not only mobilize the strike force to Latvia, | 不仅是组织拉脱维亚的军事打击 |
[13:51] | but deploy the Sixth Fleet’s flagship to the Black Sea. | 还要部署第六舰队进入黑海 |
[13:54] | Turkey will allow it, but it’s posturing. | 土耳其会同意 但这只是做样子 |
[13:57] | It’s us doing exactly | 这样一来 我们就做了 |
[13:59] | what Ostrov is doing, | 跟奥斯特罗夫一样的事 |
[14:01] | only bigger and louder. | 只不过声势更大一些 |
[14:02] | Surest sign of strength is to show you are able to use it. | 国家强盛的最好标志就是表现强势 |
[14:07] | But are we willing to use it, Sir? | 我们真的想要这样做吗 总统 |
[14:09] | I think we just got a signal | 我想我们刚从你丈夫那里 |
[14:11] | through your husband, Bess. | 得到了一个信号 贝丝 |
[14:13] | All this Russian President truly understands or respects | 这位俄罗斯总统真正理解或尊敬的东西 |
[14:16] | is force. | 只有武力 |
[14:19] | Give the order to move the fleet. | 下令启动舰队吧 |
[14:20] | Yes, Sir. | 是 总统 |
[14:43] | We’ve managed to clear the Secretary’s schedule, | 我们已经取消了国务卿的行程 |
[14:45] | but one item’s proving a little tricky. | 但有一件事有点不好办 |
[14:47] | And that is? | 是什么事 |
[14:48] | Ezra Helsinger’s retirement ceremony. | 以斯拉·赫尔辛格的退休仪式 |
[14:50] | She’s expected to give a speech, or at least make an appearance. | 她本来要做演讲的 至少也得出席一下 |
[14:53] | Today’s his last day. | 今天是他上班最后一天了 |
[14:54] | I mean, he’s a living legend in the department. | 他可是国务院的活传奇 |
[14:57] | Everyone’s gonna be there, including press. | 所有人都会去 包括媒体 |
[14:59] | Yeah. M Sec doesn’t show, there’ll be rumors. | 是啊 要是国务卿不出现 会让人说闲话 |
[15:01] | I’ll let the Secretary know. Keep it on for now. | 我会告诉国务卿 先别推掉 |
[15:04] | Speaking of rumors, | 说到闲话 |
[15:06] | I’m hearing the Pentagon’s parking lot is hopping. | 我听说五角大楼的停车场一位难求啊 |
[15:09] | Yeah, people coming in instead of going home? | 人们都去上班而不回家 |
[15:11] | Never a good sign. | 绝对不是好兆头 |
[15:12] | Yup, we’re all about to be | 是啊 我们都要 |
[15:13] | fragged by a fiery ball of death. | 被喷火的绝命球炸死了 |
[15:15] | It was nice to know you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[15:17] | Daisy, something you should see. | 黛西 来看看这个 |
[15:20] | You know the Secretary’s so protective of the family? | 你也知道国务卿很护着家人 |
[15:23] | “Let them say what they will about me, | 说过 “随他们怎么评论我 |
[15:25] | “so long as they leave the kids out of it”? | “只要别牵扯到孩子就行” |
[15:29] | The kids are not out of it. | 现在牵扯到孩子了 |
[15:34] | Well, the Secretary’s not gonna love this. | 国务卿确实不会喜欢这新闻 |
[15:35] | But just looks like your typical internet rumors. | 但这就是典型的网络流言而已 |
[15:39] | Daisy, you have a phone call. | 黛西 有你的电话 |
[15:41] | It’s the Secretary’s daughter. | 是国务卿的女儿 |
[15:44] | Or not. | 看来不是呢 |
[15:48] | She’s at the mouth of Glacier Bay. | 潜艇就在冰川湾的入海口 |
[15:50] | Resting on a seabed in a hundred meters of water. | 停靠在水下一百米处的海床上 |
[15:52] | Well within the 12-mile limit. | 违反了十二英里限制 |
[15:54] | And a clear violation of our territorial sovereignty. | 明显侵犯了我国的领土主权 |
[15:57] | Aerial recon found it when it detected | 航空侦察在检测到一组 |
[15:58] | a burst of very low-frequency transmission. | 频率非常低的信号时发现了它 |
[16:00] | They’re fairly certain | 他们十分确定 |
[16:02] | they were attempting to communicate | 潜艇里的人当时是在试图 |
[16:03] | with their command vessel. | 与指挥舰联系 |
[16:04] | Since then, nothing. | 自那之后毫无动静 |
[16:06] | No distress signal, | 没有呼救信号 |
[16:07] | no response to our radio transmissions | 对我们的无线电和水诊器 |
[16:09] | or hydrophone. | 也毫无回应 |
[16:10] | And Ostrov still isn’t picking up his phone. | 奥斯特罗夫还是不接电话 |
[16:12] | What’s his game, Bess? | 他在玩什么把戏 贝丝 |
[16:14] | Trying to back us out of Latvia… | 我本以为他是想让我们别插手 |
[16:17] | I thought. | 拉脱维亚的事 |
[16:19] | But to be honest, at this moment, Sir, | 但说实话 到这个关头 |
[16:21] | I don’t know. | 我也不清楚 |
[16:22] | Is there an optic cable buried along that coast? | 那片海岸线下有光纤吗 |
[16:24] | It’s land-linked to our anti-missile | 那里的光纤与我们在北部的 |
[16:26] | tracking stations up north. | 反导弹追踪基站相连 |
[16:27] | So, it could be a spy mission trying to tap that cable. | 所以这有可能是为了监听那条线路的间谍行动 |
[16:29] | Yes, and it also has six nuclear cruise missiles | 没错 潜艇上还有六颗核导弹 |
[16:32] | capable of destroying Juneau 55 miles down that channel! | 能够炸平海峡南面五十五英里处的朱诺 |
[16:35] | It could awaiting orders! | 可能正蓄势待发 |
[16:37] | They wanted to nuke us, | 如果他们想用核武器攻击我们 |
[16:39] | they have ICBMs | 他们有洲际弹道导弹 |
[16:41] | that could obliterate New York in 20 minutes. | 二十分钟就能抹平纽约 |
[16:43] | Why park a sub off of Alaska? | 何必派一艘潜艇到阿拉斯加来呢 |
[16:46] | Juneau would be gone in 30 seconds. | 为了三十秒就能炸毁朱诺 |
[16:48] | And then the sub would disappear down the coast, to Seattle, | 然后潜艇藏到海中一路向南 去西雅图 |
[16:51] | L.A. | 洛杉矶 |
[16:53] | How long before we can physically engage? | 需要过多久我们才能武力干预 |
[16:55] | You mean threaten it, Sir? | 您是指威胁他们吗 总统 |
[16:56] | Capture it or board it? | 逮捕或者登船吗 |
[16:59] | I mean destroy it. | 我说的是除掉它 |
[17:01] | Sir, our closest surface vessel | 总统 我方距离最近的水面舰船 |
[17:04] | is the Navy minesweeper Kirkland. | 是海军柯克兰号扫雷舰 |
[17:07] | It can be at the site within 90 minutes. | 九十分钟内就能到达 |
[17:09] | Tell the Russians they have two hours. | 告诉俄国人他们有两个小时撤退 |
[17:11] | Two hours for that sub to be gone. | 给他们两个小时自行离开 |
[17:13] | Or we take it out ourselves. | 否则我们自己除掉潜艇 |
[17:14] | By whatever means necessary. | 不惜一切手段 |
[17:16] | Which the Russians will view as an act of war. | 这会让俄国人认为是开战信号 |
[17:19] | And this isn’t? | 他们的作为难道不是吗 |
[17:27] | Can’t say we didn’t warn them. | 我们这也算事先警告过他们了 |
[17:32] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[17:33] | So we’re gonna pay tribute to Mr. Helsinger | 所以我们要像什么都没发生一样 |
[17:36] | just like nothing’s wrong. | 去致敬赫尔辛格先生吗 |
[17:37] | Yes, Ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[17:39] | Is anything wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[17:40] | Uh, not that we’re talking about. | 你不用知道 |
[17:43] | Ma’am, uh, your speech doesn’t need to be formal. | 国务卿 你的演讲不用很正式 |
[17:45] | Just a few unrehearsed, off the cuff remarks. | 只是一些即兴的评论 |
[17:47] | And here they are. | 都在这了 |
[17:50] | Great. | 太好了 |
[17:53] | Six decades of service in Germany, | 在德国 东欧和中东 |
[17:56] | Eastern Europe and the Middle East, | 辛苦工作六十年 |
[17:58] | a crewman for a Vanderbilt yacht | 是范得比尔快艇的船员 |
[18:01] | and a writer for Time and The Paris Review. | 也是《时代》和《巴黎时论》的作家 |
[18:03] | Ezra… | 以斯拉 |
[18:04] | you are truly a witness to and creator of what | 你真的是你的第一任上司亨利·鲁斯 |
[18:07] | your first boss, Henry Luce, called “The American Century”. | 口中”美国世纪”的见证者和创造者 |
[18:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:13] | Enjoy your life. | 安享晚年吧 |
[18:15] | And have some cake. | 吃点蛋糕吧 |
[18:29] | Oh, please, don’t get up, Ezra. | 别起来了 以斯拉 |
[18:31] | Very sorry. | 真对不起 |
[18:32] | I was supposed to bring you your gift. | 我本该带个礼物过来 |
[18:34] | But we’re a little disorganized today. | 但今天有点突发状况 |
[18:36] | Well, there’s no need to apologize, Ma’am. | 无需道歉 国务卿 |
[18:38] | In threat of war with the Russians? | 可能要跟俄国打仗了吧 |
[18:40] | That’s apt to frazzle a person. | 也不怪你如此慌张 |
[18:43] | And on the very day that | 还是在最后一个 |
[18:45] | the last of the Cold Warriors | 冷战分子 |
[18:47] | shuffles off to Buffalo, too. | 退休的日子 |
[18:49] | How’s that for irony? | 真是讽刺啊 |
[18:52] | Has someone been telling you things? | 有人跟你说过什么吗 |
[18:55] | I have seen this movie before, Madam Secretary. | 我经历过这种事 国务卿女士 |
[18:59] | The Russian navy holding war games | 俄国海军在白令海 |
[19:01] | in the Bering Sea. | 玩战争游戏 |
[19:04] | I, uh, I happened to see | 我今早在 |
[19:06] | a little item on the DoD… | 国防部的日常纲要上 |
[19:08] | daily rundown this morning. | 看到了一条消息 |
[19:10] | We are sending | 我们要 |
[19:11] | a Naval flagship into the Black Sea. | 派一艘主舰去黑海 |
[19:14] | Ostrov is posturing on Russian TV. | 奥斯特罗夫在俄国电视上惺惺作态 |
[19:18] | And with your husband, no less. | 旁边还站着你丈夫 |
[19:20] | He’s a handsome fella, by the way. | 对了 小伙挺帅的 |
[19:23] | You’ve cleared your calendar. | 你还推掉了今天的安排 |
[19:25] | Except for those events where your absence would be noticed. | 除了那些你不出现会让人起疑的活动 |
[19:30] | You really do know how to read the signs. | 你真会看迹象啊[路标] |
[19:32] | Now, tell that to the DMV. | 这话跟车管所的人说去 |
[19:34] | They took my damn license! | 他们取消了我的驾照 |
[19:39] | You still work for me. | 你还为我工作吧 |
[19:41] | For the next several hours anyway, right? | 离你退休还有几个小时 对吧 |
[19:44] | Um… yeah. | 没错 |
[19:47] | Till 5:00. | 五点退休 |
[19:56] | So, there’s this invisible submarine — | 所以说 一艘可以隐形的潜艇 |
[20:00] | a super weapon — | 一个超级武器 |
[20:02] | it’s just sitting there, | 就停在那里 |
[20:03] | letting us look at it. | 让我们盯着它看 |
[20:04] | Right! I was wondering about that, too. | 没错 我也想不通这点 |
[20:06] | I mean, why turn off the stealth technology? | 为什么要关掉隐形 |
[20:11] | Well, back in my day, | 我当年那个时候 |
[20:13] | we only tried to read the Russians’ intentions. | 我们只会试图推理俄国人的意图 |
[20:15] | Their mentality. | 他们的心里想法 |
[20:17] | To look at the chess player | 既观察棋手 |
[20:19] | as well as the pieces on the board. | 也观察棋盘上的棋子 |
[20:21] | Well, that’s sort of tough since Ostrov | 这有些困难 |
[20:23] | won’t even admit there’s a game. | 因为奥斯特罗夫根本不承认也这桩事 |
[20:26] | Not even talking. | 连谈都不谈 |
[20:27] | But see? That in itself tells us something. | 不过你知道吗 这反而透露了信息 |
[20:30] | I mean, he’s a bully and a poser, right? | 他喜欢欺压他人 装腔作势对吧 |
[20:33] | Well, uh, the question is… | 可问题是 |
[20:35] | why isn’t he bragging? | 他为什么不自吹自擂呢 |
[20:37] | Throwing this in our face? | 为什么不用这事让我们难堪呢 |
[20:41] | Right… | 对啊 |
[20:43] | right… why-why not tell the Russian public — | 对啊 为什么不告诉俄罗斯民众 |
[20:47] | or the whole world for that matter, | 或者全世界的人呢 |
[20:49] | that he snuck | 他就在我们眼皮底下 |
[20:50] | advanced technology in right under our noses? | 派来了如此先进的潜艇 |
[20:53] | Beat us at our own game. | 结结实实地赢了我们 |
[20:55] | In our backyard. | 还是在我们的地盘上 |
[20:58] | And you’re right, you know, | 你说得没错 |
[20:59] | it isn’t like Ostrov to hold back. | 奥斯特罗夫不会藏着不说的 |
[21:02] | Unless there’s something he didn’t count on. | 除非有什么他没料到的事发生了 |
[21:06] | Something went wrong. | 有事出了岔子 |
[21:13] | That sub isn’t doing what it’s supposed to. | 那艘潜艇并没有做它该做的事 |
[21:17] | And again… | 而且 |
[21:19] | Ostrov would never admit that, would he? | 奥斯特罗夫绝对不会承认的 对吧 |
[21:22] | Kind of makes you wish it was him sitting here now, | 现在是不是很希望坐在这的 |
[21:23] | instead of me, doesn’t it? | 不是我而是他 |
[21:25] | So you could ask him. | 这样你就能当面问他了 |
[21:29] | You do know there’s no smoking in here, right? | 你知道这里不能抽烟的吧 |
[21:33] | Ordinance against smoking in this building | 记得自1997年起 法令就规定 |
[21:35] | since 1997, I think, I… | 不能在这栋楼里吸烟 |
[21:40] | I miss the war. | 真怀念战争 |
[22:33] | You know, I, too, | 知道吗 我也是 |
[22:34] | have great respect for St. Nicholas. | 非常地尊敬圣尼古拉斯 |
[22:36] | Stop filming. | 先别录了 |
[22:38] | What are you doing here, Henry? | 你来这干什么 亨利 |
[22:39] | Your tour of the church is over. | 你参观教堂的活动已经结束了 |
[22:42] | I mean, St. George is great. | 圣乔治确实很伟大 |
[22:44] | The warrior saint. The victor. | 圣战士 胜利者 |
[22:46] | But St. Nick represents compassion. | 可圣尼克代表的是同情 |
[22:49] | He’s the one you turn to when times are tough. | 遇到困难时 他会是你祈祷的对象 |
[22:52] | Of course, we’ve trivialized him in the west, | 当然了 我们西方把他平凡化了 |
[22:55] | made him into the precursor of our modern-day Santa Claus. | 让他成为了现代圣诞老人的前身 |
[22:58] | What is your point? | 你想说什么 |
[22:59] | Thought that maybe we would light a candle together. | 我们能一起点燃一根蜡烛吗 |
[23:03] | I don’t think so. | 我不愿意 |
[23:05] | I’m in no need of miracles. | 我不需要奇迹 |
[23:08] | You may be. | 你或许需要 |
[23:10] | Not me. | 我不需要 |
[23:25] | So, we clear? | 清楚了吗 |
[23:26] | No more pictures. | 不能再上传照片 |
[23:28] | Nothing personal. | 或任何私人信息 |
[23:29] | No posting where others can see. | 不能发布在别人能看到的地方 |
[23:31] | And…? | 还有呢 |
[23:32] | Absolutely nothing involving the First Family | 绝对不能发布涉及到总统一家人 |
[23:34] | or the White House. | 或者白宫的内容 |
[23:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:36] | Okay, then, leave it to me. | 好了 剩下的就交给我了 |
[23:38] | I’ll see what I can do to keep major news outlets | 我尽力不让主流新闻媒体 |
[23:40] | from picking up the story. | 报道这件事 |
[23:41] | Without telling mom? | 不告诉我妈吗 |
[23:42] | Yeah, no. | 是的 |
[23:44] | It’ll all be fine. | 一切都会没事的 |
[23:45] | Besides, the best defense is the truth. | 况且 最好的防御就是说出真相 |
[23:47] | And since you and Harrison aren’t actually an item… | 毕竟你和哈里森之间真的没什么 |
[23:50] | I mean, you’d tell me if you were, right? | 如果有的话你会告诉我的 对吧 |
[23:51] | ‘Cause, honestly, he is kinda cute. | 因为说实话 他挺帅的 |
[23:55] | I mean, I’d understand. | 我会理解的 |
[23:56] | No, I have a boyfriend, okay? | 不是 我有男朋友了 好吧 |
[23:58] | Oh yeah? Who’s that? | 是吗 是谁 |
[24:00] | Oh, it’s just, uh, this guy that I work with. | 就是 就是我的一个同事 |
[24:02] | Another intern from the microloan program? | 也是小额贷款计划的实习生吗 |
[24:07] | Wait, what’s with the face? | 等等 你这是什么表情 |
[24:08] | What, are you, like, dating your boss or something? | 怎么 难道你男朋友是你的上司吗 |
[24:12] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[24:14] | Wait, are you dating Arthur Gilroy? | 等等 你是在跟亚瑟·吉尔罗伊谈恋爱吗 |
[24:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:17] | Look, I know how it sounds… | 我知道这听上去有些 |
[24:18] | Stevie, no. | 斯蒂芬 别说了 |
[24:19] | Forget Harrison, now we have a problem. | 别管哈里森了 我们现在有麻烦了 |
[24:22] | No, mom and dad are fine with it. Sort of. | 我父母同意了 算是同意了 |
[24:24] | They may be fine as parents, | 你的父母是同意了 |
[24:25] | but from a press perspective, | 可从媒体的角度来看 |
[24:26] | looking at damage control — | 从损害控制的方面看 |
[24:28] | Stevie, there are three words | 斯蒂芬 在这座城市里 |
[24:30] | that can never go together in this town, | 有三个词是绝对不能组合到一起的 |
[24:31] | and that is “boss,” “intern”, and “sex”, | 那就是 “上司” “实习生” “性” |
[24:34] | You’ve got to end it. Now. | 你们得分手 马上 |
[24:36] | What?! why? | 什么 为什么 |
[24:37] | What do you think will happen | 要是你们俩被曝光 |
[24:37] | when it comes out about you two? | 你觉得会发生什么 |
[24:39] | And it will, now that you’re in the spotlight. | 你现在已经在聚光灯下了 你们的事藏不住 |
[24:40] | I will deal with it. | 我能处理的 |
[24:41] | The microloan program was already on the chopping block. | 小额贷款计划已经岌岌可危了 |
[24:44] | And don’t you think there are people | 而且你难道不知道还有人会 |
[24:45] | who would love to get back at your mother? | 找机会报复你母亲吗 |
[24:47] | And they’d happily throw Arthur Gilroy | 他们会很高兴地利用亚瑟·吉尔罗伊 |
[24:49] | onto the fire to do that. | 来达到这个目的 |
[24:50] | You really think that’s what will happen? | 你真的觉得会这样吗 |
[24:53] | I know it will. | 我很确定 |
[24:57] | This is St. Nicholas we’re talking about? | 我们说的是与圣诞老人同名的那个 |
[25:00] | as in Kris Kringle? | 圣尼古拉斯吗 |
[25:03] | He means something more in orthodox tradition. | 在传统宗教里他意义重大 |
[25:05] | He’s the one you turn to in cases of calamity, | 遇到困难时 遇到灾难时 |
[25:07] | when things have turned against you. | 他就是你的守护神 |
[25:09] | It’s just an observation, | 虽然只是我的初步观察 |
[25:10] | but he seemed like a different person, | 但他好像变了一个人 |
[25:12] | like he was afraid, even. | 他好像是在害怕 |
[25:14] | Afraid of what? | 害怕什么 |
[25:16] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[25:16] | but I’ve been around enough true believers | 我见过很多忠实信徒 知道他们 |
[25:18] | to know when they’re really praying, and Ostrov was. | 真心祈祷时的样子 奥斯特罗夫今天就在祈祷 |
[25:21] | The guy that took me hunting this afternoon | 他今天下午带我去打猎时 |
[25:23] | was confident, secure, | 非常有自信 无忧无虑 |
[25:24] | like everything was going his way. | 好像所有的事都如他所愿 |
[25:26] | Could something have happened to change that? | 是不是发生什么事了 |
[25:29] | Yeah, as a matter of fact, something did. | 是 真的有事发生 |
[25:31] | Look, Henry, I gotta take this to the President. | 亨利 我得赶紧把这事告诉总统 |
[25:33] | If Ostrov is scared, | 如果奥斯特罗夫害怕了 |
[25:34] | it may be because he’s lost control of that sub. | 很可能是他控制不了那艘潜艇了 |
[25:37] | You think he could overreact? | 你觉得他会狗急跳墙吗 |
[25:39] | That, or we will. | 不是他 就是我们 |
[25:44] | At this point, it’s academic | 此时此刻 奥斯特罗夫 |
[25:45] | if Ostrov is in control of the sub. | 是否还能掌控潜艇是能被推算出的 |
[25:45] | Wait, the deadline for the Yalta to leave our waters isn’t up yet. | 雅尔塔号离开我国海域的截止时间还没到 |
[25:48] | I’m overriding it. | 我要宣布无效 |
[25:49] | We’ve got the Russians’ response. | 我们已经知道俄罗斯的态度了 |
[25:50] | Two of their Jirov-class battle cruisers | 两艘基洛夫级巡洋舰 |
[25:52] | and three sister attack subs are on a direct course | 和三艘姐妹进攻潜水艇正在驶向 |
[25:54] | to Glacier Bay. | 冰川湾 |
[25:55] | Carrier Strike Group 11 out of Everett | 第十一航母大队已离开埃弗里特 |
[25:57] | it’s on its way to intercept. | 前往拦截 |
[25:58] | Meantime, the sub hasn’t budged. | 同时 潜水艇没有移动 |
[26:00] | The Kirkland’s stationed directly over it, | 柯克兰号就在它上方 |
[26:01] | about to commence dropping depth charges. | 即将投放深水炸弹 |
[26:03] | Wh-why? | 为什么 |
[26:05] | Standard naval etiquette. | 海军的规矩 |
[26:06] | You don’t surrender, we force you to surface. | 你如果不投降 我们就把你逼出水面 |
[26:10] | This is the Kirkland. | 这里是柯克兰号 |
[26:10] | We are directly above the target. | 我们就在目标正上方 |
[26:12] | We are about to drop depth charges. | 即将投放深水炸弹 |
[26:16] | Three, two, one… | 三 二 一 |
[26:27] | Standing by. | 原地待命 |
[26:28] | There’s something happening. | 有情况 |
[26:35] | Fish in the water. | 发现鱼雷 |
[26:36] | Target has launched a torpedo. | 目标发射了水雷 |
[26:38] | Initiating counter measure… | 启动反击… |
[26:41] | We are hit. | 我们被击中了 |
[26:42] | Repeat, the Kirkland has been hit. | 重复 柯克兰号被击中 |
[26:45] | Sir, we’ve lost communication with the Kirkland. | 总统先生 我们与柯克兰号失去联系了 |
[26:55] | Carrier Strike Group has re-established contact | 航母大队已与柯克兰号 |
[26:58] | with the Kirkland. | 重新联系上了 |
[26:58] | Damage assessment? | 伤亡情况 |
[26:59] | Injuries. So far, no fatalities. | 有人员受伤 目前无人丧生 |
[27:02] | We have a visual from a medi-chopper. | 根据救护直升机上的画面 |
[27:04] | Ship is still under power, headed for port. | 柯克兰号仍处于低功率状态 驶向港口 |
[27:06] | NORAD reports a squadron | 北美防空联合司令部报告 |
[27:08] | of Russian mig-35s just performed a flyover. | 一架俄国35战机中队刚刚低空飞行时 |
[27:11] | Saw the Kirkland take the hit. | 看到柯克兰号遭到袭击 |
[27:12] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[27:14] | Mr. President, I’ve got Northcom | 总统先生 北美司令部 |
[27:16] | and the Commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet | 和美国太平洋舰队副舰长 |
[27:18] | requesting immediate authority to engage. | 请求立即批准进行战斗 |
[27:20] | We just got a communique from the Russians. | 我们刚刚收到一封俄罗斯的公报 |
[27:22] | Their vessel was defending itself, | 他们的船只是正当防卫 |
[27:24] | and any further attack will be met | 如果接下来遭到任何袭击 |
[27:26] | with quote, “overwhelming retaliatory force”. | 他们将”奋力反击” |
[27:29] | Without getting into specifics. | 完全不考虑事件的来龙去脉 |
[27:30] | Call their bluff, Sir. | 他们是在虚张声势 总统先生 |
[27:31] | They’re entirely in the wrong. | 他们是过错的一方 |
[27:32] | And they’re guilty of an act of war. | 他们是引起战争的一方 |
[27:33] | Well, all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[27:35] | we don’t know who’s guilty of what. | 我们还不能盖棺定论 |
[27:38] | I’m just saying, Mr. President, | 总统先生 我的意思是 |
[27:40] | before we declare war, let’s determine | 在我们宣战之前 我们要 |
[27:42] | exactly who we’re going to war with. | 先弄清楚敌人是谁 |
[27:44] | What if that sub hasn’t moved | 万一那艘潜水艇不离开 |
[27:45] | because it’s incapable of moving? | 是因为它无法离开呢 |
[27:47] | What if something went wrong? | 万一是因为技术故障呢 |
[27:49] | That sub isn’t doing what it’s supposed to. | 那艘潜水艇可能失控了 |
[27:51] | The captain and crew could be operating without orders, | 船长和船员可能是在私自行动 |
[27:54] | off the chain of command of the Kremlin and his president. | 没有遵从政府和俄罗斯总统的命令 |
[27:56] | What does it matter? We respond to actions, | 无所谓 行为构成威胁我们就得反击 |
[27:58] | Mr. President, not intentions. | 无论他们的用意是什么 |
[28:00] | We do not let an attack on American lives go unanswered! | 我们不能允许美国人民的生命遭到威胁 |
[28:03] | And we don’t go to war over a mistake! | 我们也不能因为一个错误就开战 |
[28:07] | Outside. | 出去说 |
[28:11] | We should believe that Ostrov lost control of the Yalta | 就因为你丈夫懂宗教 看见奥斯特罗夫 |
[28:13] | because your husband knows religion, | 向圣诞老人许愿 我们就应该相信 |
[28:15] | and he saw Ostrov ask Santa for a wish? | 奥斯特罗夫失去了雅尔塔号的控制权吗 |
[28:17] | Actually, the Secretary’s husband has shown | 事实上 国务卿的丈夫已经证明了 |
[28:19] | he can be a pretty effective operative | 他不但是一位宗教学家 |
[28:21] | on occasion, as well as a religious scholar. | 偶尔也能成为优秀的特工 |
[28:22] | Well, what if I trust your analysis? | 如果我相信你的理论 |
[28:25] | Say Ostrov is scared, | 奥斯特罗夫怕了 |
[28:26] | that he’s operating in the blind, | 他毫无头绪地在作战 |
[28:28] | like we all are here. | 和我们一样 |
[28:28] | Then what? | 然后怎么样 |
[28:29] | Then we don’t push him to the brink. | 然后我们不要逼迫他 |
[28:31] | Not until we know more. | 进一步了解后再行动 |
[28:33] | Every second we wait lets those battleships get closer. | 我们多等一秒 那些战舰就更近一些 |
[28:35] | Or lets the sub fire another missile — | 潜水艇也可能再发射一颗导弹 |
[28:37] | or six of them, all of them nukes. | 或者发六颗 全是核导弹 |
[28:38] | And if we hit it with one of ours, | 如果我们用导弹袭击他们 |
[28:40] | it’s got a 10k reactor on board. | 会因此地面一万米内遭到核污染 |
[28:42] | We risk sending a radioactive tsunami down the channel… | 我们可能会引发放射性海啸… |
[28:46] | That’ll make Fukushima a fond memory — I get it, Bess. | 要比福岛事件还严重 我明白 贝丝 |
[28:50] | So what do you propose? | 那你有什么提议 |
[28:52] | We have to take one last chance, | 我们必须最后一搏 |
[28:54] | and try and talk to that submarine. | 试图和潜水艇联系 |
[28:56] | Directly and without Moscow knowing. | 直接对话 不让莫斯科知道 |
[29:01] | There has to be a way. | 一定可以做到的 |
[29:05] | That’s the unmanned submersible. | 我们派出一艘无人驾驶的潜水艇 |
[29:07] | If the Russian crew gets a visual, | 如果俄罗斯船员看到了 |
[29:09] | they’ll know it’s harmless, incapable of attack. | 他们会知道这艘潜水艇没有袭击能力 |
[29:13] | We’re tapping on their hull. | 我们在敲击他们的船身 |
[29:15] | We’re using the retractable arm to tap out a message. | 我们在使用伸缩杆传达信息 |
[29:21] | Morse code. | 摩斯密码 |
[29:22] | Old school, but it works. | 方法很旧 但管用 |
[29:25] | We’re asking them to state their name, mission, | 我们在要求他们说明名字和任务 |
[29:27] | allow us on board. | 同意与我们面对面交流 |
[29:32] | That’s them answering. | 他们正在回应 |
[29:36] | There’s activity. | 有情况 |
[29:38] | One of her torpedo tubes is opening, flooding… | 一个鱼雷发射管开启 冲水 |
[29:42] | She’s gonna fire. | 他们要发射了 |
[29:48] | No, it’s her distress buoy. | 不 是他们的求救浮标 |
[29:51] | They’re asking for help. | 他们在求救 |
[30:08] | Stephanie! | 斯蒂芬 |
[30:10] | Are you and Harrison Dalton dating? | 你和哈里森·道尔顿在约会吗 |
[30:13] | Is he a good kisser? | 他吻技好吗 |
[30:16] | Are you and Harrison Dalton dating? | 你和哈里森·道尔顿在约会吗 |
[30:19] | Hey, you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[30:21] | Yeah, I’m just not used to being ambushed. | 没事 只是不习惯被偷袭 |
[30:24] | Yeah, you have a lot of pings. | 网上也有很多你的消息 |
[30:26] | You’re getting some serious unwanted attention. | 你引起了很多不必要的关注 |
[30:29] | Yeah, they were outside my house. | 是啊 他们守在我家门外 |
[30:30] | And then on the street. | 在街上也有 |
[30:31] | It’s crazy. | 太烦人了 |
[30:32] | All right, don’t worry about it. | 好了 不用担心 |
[30:33] | You and Harrison are just filling bandwidth | 你和哈里森只是卡戴珊姐妹以外的 |
[30:35] | between Kardashians. | 小八卦而已 |
[30:37] | It’s gonna blow over soon. | 很快就会过去的 |
[30:38] | And none of this matters. | 这些都不重要 |
[30:40] | Listen to me — what matters is our work. | 听我说 重要的是我们的工作 |
[30:42] | The microloans program — that’s what matters. | 小额贷款 才是重要的 |
[30:47] | Yeah, about that. | 对了 关于这个 |
[30:50] | Hey, you’re not quitting, are you? | 你不是要放弃 对吧 |
[30:57] | Oh, you’re quitting this. | 你是要放弃 |
[31:00] | Us. | 放弃我们 |
[31:01] | Both, I’m quitting… | 两件事我都要放弃… |
[31:02] | I’m quitting both. | 两个我都得辞 |
[31:05] | Look, once they figure out | 如果让他们发现 |
[31:06] | that I’m not dating Harrison, | 哈里森不是我男朋友 |
[31:07] | they’re going to figure out who I am dating. | 他们肯定会查出我男友到底是谁 |
[31:11] | So what? | 那又怎样 |
[31:12] | You really want to throw away | 你就要为一个实习生 |
[31:13] | your whole career on some intern? | 毁掉前途吗 |
[31:15] | Hey, listen to me, I know I’ve harped on this a lot, | 听着 我知道我总在唠叨这事 |
[31:17] | but I-I have been around, okay? | 但是我应付得来的 好吗 |
[31:19] | Just let me… let me worry about that. | 我自己处理就好 你不用担心 |
[31:21] | Look, okay, you know what? | 好吧 那这么说吧 |
[31:23] | You’re too old. | 你太老了 |
[31:30] | You’re too old, and it’s not gonna work. | 你太老 我们没法在一起的 |
[31:37] | Is that what you need to hear? | 这么说行吗 |
[31:40] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[31:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:43] | Well, it’s been really nice working with you… | 和你一起工作真的很愉快 |
[31:44] | Listen to me — do you really want to lose | 听我说 你真的要这么放弃 |
[31:46] | what means so much to you? | 对你来说这么重要的东西吗 |
[31:48] | Please, just take a few days, and think about the job, not me. | 花几天时间考虑一下工作 不用考虑我 |
[31:53] | The job. | 只考虑工作 |
[31:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[32:01] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[32:05] | See you around, kid. | 再见 孩子 |
[32:11] | See you around, old man. | 再见 大叔 |
[32:28] | He’s the executive officer | 他是俄罗斯潜艇 |
[32:30] | of the Russian submarine, the Yalta. | 雅尔塔号的主任参谋 |
[32:32] | They’re transmitting from the bridge. | 他们是从舰桥上发来的信号 |
[32:34] | They have an antenna attached to their distress buoy. | 救生艇上装了天线 |
[32:38] | They suffered a malfunction when the new technology failed. | 新技术失效后发生了故障 |
[32:42] | There was a fire in the control room, they couldn’t contain it. | 控制室起了火 火势无法控制 |
[32:45] | A loss of oxygen… | 导致了缺氧 |
[32:51] | Forty-two crew members have already died. | 已有四十二名船员遇难 |
[32:54] | That’s two-thirds of their crew. | 将近船员的三分之二了 |
[32:57] | “The captain broke radio silence to report it. | “船长打破无线电寂静时间汇报了此事 |
[33:00] | “We received instructions, | “我们接到了命令 |
[33:03] | “do not signal for help. | “不要发出求援信号 |
[33:06] | “Do not allow the Americans to board. | “不要让美国人上船 |
[33:08] | “If you can’t restore power, then destroy the sub | “如果电力无法恢复 那就销毁潜艇 |
[33:11] | “and all evidence of new deflector technology.” | “和所有新导流板技术的痕迹” |
[33:14] | Anything to keep us from getting our hands on it. | 不惜代价阻止我们得到技术 |
[33:16] | Ask why they fired the torpedo. | 问他们为什么发射鱼雷 |
[33:25] | “The captain panicked… | “是船长的误判 |
[33:29] | “He thought we were being attacked. | “他以为我们遇袭了 |
[33:35] | “The captain’s no longer in command of the vessel.” | “潜艇已不在船长的控制下了” |
[33:39] | Nice way of saying they mutinied. | 真是把叛变描述得很美好啊 |
[33:45] | “We only have two hours of oxygen left. | “我们只剩两小时的氧气了 |
[33:47] | “We’re asking for your help. | “请求你们支援 |
[33:49] | “Please help us. | “请救救我们 |
[33:53] | “Please… | “拜托 |
[33:55] | “help us.” | “救救我们” |
[34:03] | Mr. President, the Russian battle cruiser | 总统先生 俄罗斯战斗巡航舰 |
[34:05] | has just reached our line of quarantine. | 刚刚到达我们的隔离边界 |
[34:07] | We tell the Russians we’re going down | 如果告诉俄罗斯我们要 |
[34:08] | to get those men out, they will refuse. | 下去救人 他们肯定会拒绝 |
[34:10] | And they’re close enough now | 而且以现在的距离 |
[34:11] | to send out a missile of their own, | 他们也能自己发射导弹 |
[34:12] | and destroy it themselves | 在我们能行动之前 |
[34:13] | before we’ll get a chance to touch it. | 自己销毁潜艇 |
[34:14] | So, no good options. | 所以没有什么选择了 |
[34:20] | Ostrov will never admit failure, | 奥斯特罗夫从不认错 |
[34:22] | or concede that one of his crews mutinied. | 他绝不会承认自己的船员叛变了 |
[34:24] | Not in public. | 至少不会在公开场合 |
[34:28] | There may be a way to resolve this. | 也许这问题还有办法解决 |
[34:30] | A deal that even he can live with. | 做笔他也会同意的交易 |
[34:32] | But we’re gonna need to go through back channels. | 但我们需要通过非正式渠道 |
[34:36] | And we happen to have one. | 我们倒是有一人可用 |
[34:40] | We do. | 确实 |
[34:48] | It’s an interesting offer. | 很有意思的提议 |
[34:50] | President Dalton will confirm it’s real. | 道尔顿总统可以证实方案的真实性 |
[34:52] | You can call him directly. | 您可以直接联系他 |
[34:53] | I’m sure it’s genuine, | 我相信你 |
[34:54] | but I wonder if there are alternatives. | 但我想知道还有没有其他选项 |
[34:58] | The alternative is a return | 其他选项就是 |
[34:59] | to the days of the cold war, Sir. | 美俄两国重回冷战时期 总统先生 |
[35:05] | There was a time when our two countries, | 我们的国家 |
[35:07] | our two grandfathers, | 我们的祖父辈 |
[35:08] | fought on the same side. | 曾经并肩战斗过 |
[35:11] | One survived a Siege, too. Bastogne. | 我的祖父也从保卫战幸存了下来 在巴斯托尼 |
[35:13] | The battle of the bulge. | 突出部之役 |
[35:15] | At the end of the war, he exchanged cigarettes | 战争结束后 易北河边 |
[35:17] | with Russian soldiers, on the Elbe River. | 他和俄罗斯士兵交换了香烟 |
[35:20] | Traveling here, I thought of him. | 来到这里 我就想到了他 |
[35:22] | Would’ve been happy. | 他一定会很高兴 |
[35:24] | He knew, firsthand, what our countries | 他是亲身体会了 |
[35:26] | could accomplish when they work together for the common good. | 我们国家的合作能带来的巨大益处 |
[35:31] | I wear this in honor of mine. | 我戴着这个来纪念我的祖父 |
[35:39] | St. Nicholas. | 圣尼古拉斯 |
[35:40] | My grandfather’s name-saint. | 我祖父的名字就是跟他起的 |
[35:44] | Nikolai is an old family name. | 尼古拉是很古老的家族名了 |
[35:46] | He, too, may have been happy to see us… here… | 他应该也会很高兴看到我们在这里 |
[35:50] | in peace. | 为和平而谈 |
[35:52] | Perhaps this is what he sacrificed so much for. | 也许这正是他的牺牲想换来的结果 |
[35:59] | I will call your president. | 我会联系你的总统 |
[36:08] | The fire occurred in the Yalta’s main cabin after an accidental, | 因为俄罗斯核潜艇与美国 |
[36:13] | nighttime collision between the Russian nuclear-powered submarine | 柯克兰号扫雷舰在夜间发生的意外冲突 |
[36:15] | and the U.S. Minesweeper Kirkland, | 舰艇主舱起火 |
[36:17] | the disabled sub then drifted | 失控的潜艇 |
[36:19] | into American territorial waters | 沉入了美国海域 |
[36:21] | where U.S. naval personnel boarded it, in an attempted rescue. | 美国军舰登上了舰艇 进行救援工作 |
[36:25] | Tragically, they found no survivors. | 很不幸 没有发现幸存者 |
[36:28] | Crew members will be buried at sea… | 船员们永远沉入了水底 |
[36:29] | Those poor guys. | 可怜的人啊 |
[36:30] | What a way to go. | 多么悲惨的死亡方式 |
[36:31] | I’m just glad that things didn’t escalate with Russia. | 我很高兴和俄罗斯的关系没有恶化 |
[36:36] | Look who I brought. | 看我带谁来了 |
[36:38] | Mr. Helsinger. | 赫尔辛格先生 |
[36:39] | We thought you’d left. | 我们以为您都离开了呢 |
[36:41] | Your tour of duty ended yesterday. | 您的任期昨天就满了 |
[36:44] | Well, I figured one more day wouldn’t matter. | 我想多待一天也未尝不可 |
[36:46] | Also, they told me I still had to pick up my gift. | 而且 他们说我还有礼物要拿 |
[36:49] | Oh, yes… | 没错 |
[36:51] | The Secretary wanted to give that to you personally. | 国务卿想亲自送给您 |
[36:53] | If you don’t mind, it’ll just be a few more minutes. | 如果您不介意 不会耽误太久的 |
[36:56] | I’ll wait. | 我可以等 |
[36:59] | Getting used to that, waiting. | 我已经很习惯等待了 |
[37:06] | Interesting how all that turned out, isn’t it? | 事情真是奇特啊 不是吗 |
[37:09] | Very sad story. | 悲伤的故事 |
[37:11] | But defense is handling it; we had nothing to do with it. | 但防御部在处理了 这事跟我们没关系 |
[37:16] | Still, it is very interesting. | 但是 还是很有意思 |
[37:19] | And it is a story. | 而且确实是个故事 |
[37:23] | Kind of makes you wonder what really happened. | 不禁让人去琢磨真相到底是什么 |
[37:32] | These are all of them? | 这就是所有人了吗 |
[37:34] | All 20 survivors of the Yalta. | 雅尔塔号的二十名幸存者 |
[37:36] | A few hours ago. | 几小时前的视屏 |
[37:37] | Being given a top-secret and strictly classified welcome | 为他们办了高度机密的欢迎仪式 |
[37:40] | aboard the USS Teddy Roosevelt. | 登上美国军舰罗斯福总统号 |
[37:42] | The Russians will be announcing | 俄国人会发表声明 |
[37:44] | that their remains have been buried at sea, | 他们遗骸已葬入海底 |
[37:47] | so we’ll leave it to them to make sure the story holds up. | 然后交由他们接手此事 确保报道不出纰漏 |
[37:51] | As you said, they are good at refuting reality. | 如你所说 否认事实是他们的强项 |
[37:55] | Ostrov accepted the deal? | 奥斯特罗夫接受这个协议了吗 |
[37:57] | Yes, Sir. | 是的 总统 |
[37:58] | They’ll all get new lives | 他们会以新的身份 |
[37:59] | and identities, here in the United States. | 在美国重新开始生活 |
[38:03] | The price for letting us rescue them. | 这就是我们援救他们的代价 |
[38:04] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[38:05] | In all fairness, Sir, we did get a chance to board that sub | 事实上 总统 我们确实登上了潜艇 |
[38:08] | and take a good look at the new stealth technology | 好好研究了一番那项隐形技术 |
[38:10] | before giving it back. | 才将其归还 |
[38:11] | And at least those poor bastards | 至少那帮可怜虫 |
[38:13] | won’t get sent home and shot for mutiny. | 不会被遣送回国 以叛乱罪被枪决 |
[38:16] | But they will never see their families again, | 但他们再也见不到家人了 |
[38:20] | Not even to let them know that they’re alive. | 连给家人报个平安都不能 |
[38:24] | Any contact puts their loved ones in danger. | 联系家人只会累及所爱之人有生命危险 |
[38:26] | All so that Ostrov could save face. | 一切都为了让奥斯特罗夫保全颜面 |
[38:29] | Hell of a thing. | 这叫什么事啊 |
[38:31] | Sir, the NATO forces | 总统 北约军队 |
[38:32] | are still deploying to Latvia and the… | 还是继续在拉脱维亚国进行部署… |
[38:35] | Yalta situation didn’t spiral out of control. | 雅尔塔局面也没有失控 |
[38:38] | We won this round. | 这局我们赢了 |
[38:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:42] | The world did not blow up on our watch. | 在我们的照看下 世界没有被炸毁 |
[38:45] | For at least another day or two. | 至少延缓了一两天 |
[38:55] | Probably my first day on the job. | 那时可能是我第一天工作吧 |
[38:59] | Could not believe I was meeting the old man. | 我当时不敢相信我见到这位老人了 |
[39:03] | Whoa! is that John Foster Dulles? | 天 那是约翰·福斯特·杜勒斯吗 |
[39:06] | The architect of permanent peace in Europe. | 欧洲永久和平的缔造者 |
[39:09] | Who stood up to Soviet aggression. | 他曾在苏联侵略时挺身而出 |
[39:10] | That picture was taken the day that President Eisenhower | 拍这张照片那天 艾森豪威尔总统 |
[39:13] | and Secretary Dulles signed the treaty | 正与国务卿杜勒斯签署协定 |
[39:15] | bringing germany into NATO. | 让德国加入北约 |
[39:17] | He always said “the ability to get to the verge | 他主张”要学会走到战争边缘 |
[39:21] | “without getting into the war… | “又不卷入战争的… |
[39:24] | “is the…” | “必要…” |
[39:24] | “…the necessary art.” | “必要艺术” |
[39:30] | Would you guys give us a minute? | 让我们单独谈谈 好吗 |
[39:33] | Congratulations, sir. | 恭喜你 先生 |
[39:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:36] | A pleasure. | 幸会 |
[39:37] | Mine. | 幸会 |
[39:40] | Never even asked you where you were going. | 还没问你 你接下来去哪里 |
[39:42] | Oh, um… Prague. | 布拉格 |
[39:46] | Budapest, Berlin. | 布达佩斯 柏林 |
[39:48] | Ever think you’d live to see the day? | 你想过有生之年能看到 |
[39:50] | When the Wall came down, | 柏林墙倒塌 |
[39:52] | open borders, free elections? | 开放疆界 自由选举吗 |
[39:54] | Sometimes we wondered | 有时候我们会怀疑 |
[39:55] | if we’d live to see the next five minutes. | 是否能活过接下来的五分钟 |
[39:58] | But, somehow, we understood | 但不知何故 我们有个共识 |
[40:00] | that, uh, if we just kept talking… | 只要我们继续谈下去… |
[40:03] | In the end, the Soviets didn’t want to push that button. | 到最后 苏联跟我们一样 |
[40:07] | Any more than we did. | 也不想走到那一步 |
[40:09] | There was a, um… | 总之 |
[40:11] | a rationality to it, | 有理可循 |
[40:13] | crazy as it seems. | 听上去很疯狂 |
[40:15] | Mutually assured destruction. | 不想同归于尽 |
[40:18] | Yeah, but your new enemies today… | 是 但你们现今的敌人 |
[40:21] | they have no such qualms. | 没有这种良心 |
[40:23] | They want to push that button… | 他们想要走到那一步 |
[40:25] | and there’s no holding them back. | 他们无所顾忌 |
[40:29] | That’s a bit grim, isn’t it? | 有些冷血 是吧 |
[40:32] | I don’t know. | 我说不清 |
[40:35] | Makes me feel naive for being hopeful. | 你这话让满怀希望的我感到有些天真 |
[40:40] | Oh, you’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[40:42] | I’ve seen a lot of them come and go. | 我见过很多人坐过这个位子 |
[40:46] | I think you’re the one for the job. | 但你才是这个位子的不二人选 |
[40:55] | Ezra… | 以斯拉 |
[40:56] | Madam Secretary? | 国务卿女士 |
[41:00] | You and I should keep talking. | 我们应该继续谈下去 |
[41:11] | Well, for what it’s worth, | 不管怎样 |
[41:13] | Ali feels terrible about “Starrison”. | 艾莉对”斯里恋”一事很抱歉 |
[41:17] | I know she does. It’s okay. | 我知道了 没关系 |
[41:19] | And I’m sorry about… “Starthur”. | “斯瑟恋”吹了 我很遗憾 |
[41:24] | Let’s not go crazy with the names. | 还是别瞎起名字了 |
[41:27] | I think that you did a very adult thing. | 我觉得你做了一件很成熟的事 |
[41:32] | But I know it was hard, and I’m so sorry that you’re hurting. | 我知道这很不容易 很抱歉你受伤了 |
[41:36] | Come here. | 过来 |
[41:37] | Thanks. Sweetie. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[41:39] | Well, at least dad will be overjoyed. | 至少我爸肯定乐坏了 |
[41:42] | But he’ll hide it well, | 但他会掩饰得很好 |
[41:44] | which is all you can ask for. | 他也只能做到这份上了 |
[41:49] | This is nice, by the way. | 这样感觉真好 |
[41:52] | You going to an event tonight? | 你今晚要参加晚宴吗 |
[41:53] | I am. McCord family dinner. | 是的 我们麦考德家的家宴 |
[41:56] | Soon as dad gets back. | 你爸回来就走 |
[41:59] | Yeah, I don’t, I don’t know if I’m up for that. | 我不确定我想参加 |
[42:02] | Well, get up for it. | 来吧 |
[42:04] | We’re celebrating. | 我们今晚要庆祝一番 |
[42:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:07] | Because we can. | 因为我们能庆祝 |
[42:08] | Because we’re here. | 我们一家人团聚在这里 |
[42:11] | Dad’s home! | 爸爸回来了 |
[42:13] | Come on, get your coats! | 快 穿上外套 |
[42:14] | We found a place with awful vegan options. | 我们找到了一家素食丰富的餐厅 |
[42:17] | I did. | 我找到的 |
[42:20] | That’s nice. | 真好 |
[42:21] | Listen, I just want you to know | 听妈说 我想让你知道 |
[42:24] | that even when it’s hard, | 尽管这个过程很难熬 |
[42:25] | and no matter how much it hurts right now, | 不管你现在感觉有多伤心 |
[42:28] | it is not the end of the world, okay? | 天还没塌下来呢 知道吗 |
[42:31] | Where are they? | 她们呢 |
[42:33] | – There they are — – There he is. | -她们在那呢 -回来啦 |
[42:36] | I’ve missed you guys. | 我好想你们啊 |
[42:38] | What do you think? | 这造型帅吧 |
[42:39] | Oh, I think it’s awful. | 难看死了 |
[42:42] | Oh, mom texted me. | 你妈发短信告诉我了 |
[42:43] | I’m so sorry, honey. | 我很遗憾 宝贝 |
[42:44] | Nice try, Dad. | 别装了 爸爸 |
[42:46] | I mean it, honey. | 我真心的 宝贝 |
[42:48] | Come on, let’s get some food, please. | 来 我们吃饭吧 |
[42:50] | Yes. | 好 |
[42:51] | Okay, wait, let me just get my coat. | 等下 我去拿大衣 |
[42:53] | Dad, can I wear the hat? | 爸爸 我能戴这顶帽子吗 |