时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | I’m here to save your life. | 我是来救你一命的 |
[00:37] | What life? | 怎么救 |
[00:39] | Letters from your kids. | 等孩子们长大了 到了能写信的年纪 |
[00:41] | When they’re old enough to write ’em. | 你能收到他们的信件 |
[00:43] | We could even put visitation on the table. | 我们甚至可以商量探亲权 |
[00:46] | I don’t quite know how that would work. | 我不知道具体怎么操作 |
[00:49] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[00:51] | The architect of peace with Iran. | 伊朗和平的缔造者 |
[00:53] | You’ve made the world a more dangerous place. | 你让这世界变得更危险 |
[00:55] | Now they’re free to build a nuclear arsenal. | 现在他们可以随意建立核武器库 |
[00:58] | I was at Lily’s birthday party. | 我参加了莉莉的生日会 |
[01:01] | Gosh, she’s such a sweet kid. | 天呐 她真是个好孩子 |
[01:04] | You know, she still sets a place for you | 你知道她还会每天 |
[01:07] | at the table every day. | 在餐桌上给你留一个位置 |
[01:08] | I thought you were morally opposed to torture. | 你不是反对折磨性审问吗 |
[01:11] | People change. | 人总是会变的 |
[01:12] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样 |
[01:13] | I need to know if there are any other rogue agents | 我想知道还有没有我们没发现的 |
[01:15] | that we missed. | 叛变特工 |
[01:16] | And I want you to look me in the eye and tell me about George. | 我想让你直视我双眼 坦白乔治的事 |
[01:20] | You killed George. | 是你杀了乔治 |
[01:22] | You really want to pull this string? | 你真的想扯上这件事吗 |
[01:24] | I can put you at the center of all of it. | 我能把你放在一切事件的中心 |
[01:25] | I can give you the calculus where all roads | 我能给你呈现解析证据 |
[01:28] | lead to you and a single decision. | 最终一切都指向你和你的一个决定 |
[01:31] | What decision is that? | 什么决定 |
[01:32] | You could be sitting in this chair if you’d | 如果你亲身经历了这场战争 |
[01:33] | actually lived through the war | 而不是退缩至学界 |
[01:34] | instead of retreating into academia. | 今天坐在这的说不定就是你 |
[01:37] | You turned on everyone | 你背叛了所有人 |
[01:38] | and everything you claimed to care about. | 以及你宣称你所在乎的一切 |
[01:41] | You put this in action. | 一切因你而起 |
[01:42] | You’re the traitor. | 你才是叛国者 |
[01:43] | What decision? | 什么决定 |
[01:43] | You… | 你… |
[01:45] | quit. | 退出了 |
[02:01] | That does not look like the stride of pride. | 这看起来可不像是骄傲自持的步伐 |
[02:04] | More like the long walk to the woodshed. | 应该说是上刑场的前夕 |
[02:07] | Conrad wants to see me. | 康拉德要见我 |
[02:10] | He read my Baghdad station report. | 他看了我写的巴格达驻地报告 |
[02:12] | I didn’t get to it. What’s the story? | 我还没看 怎么了 |
[02:14] | Scaling back on enhanced interrogation tactics. | 缩减强化审讯手段 |
[02:17] | Basic diatribe against the efficacy of torture. | 基本来说就是对严刑拷问的谩骂 |
[02:21] | Not to mention the morality. | 道德层面上的问题就不用我说了 |
[02:22] | I’m sure you covered that. | 我想那些你一定都提了 |
[02:23] | Oh, well, you know. | 你也知道 |
[02:25] | The odd bit of harping on the Geneva Convention. | 最稀奇的是我得反复强调《日内瓦公约》 |
[02:27] | Which’ll have to do until I can produce | 我得不断老生重谈 |
[02:29] | the hard science on karma. | 直到我能以科学手段证明恶有恶报 |
[02:30] | The White House is calling | 白宫宣称《日内瓦公约》 |
[02:31] | the Geneva Convention quaint. | 是份古怪而落后的协议 |
[02:33] | Their argument is these aren’t | 他们的论点是 |
[02:35] | your father’s prisoners of war. | 这些战俘又不是你爸那代人虏来的 |
[02:38] | We didn’t change the rules, they did. | 改变规则的不是我们 是他们 |
[02:41] | But then what’s the answer? | 那最终的选择是什么呢 |
[02:42] | Betraying our own standards of ethical behavior? | 背弃我们自身的道德准则吗 |
[02:44] | I’m just reporting your commander in chief’s position. | 我只是提醒你注意自己的位置 |
[02:46] | In no way am I saying we back off this fight. | 我不是说我们该不战而退 |
[02:49] | The image of those planes crashing into the towers | 飞机撞向世贸中心的画面 |
[02:52] | plays on a loop in my head. | 不停在我脑海里重现 |
[02:55] | But my argument is that | 但我的观点在于 |
[02:57] | torture is a waste of time. | 严刑拷问是在浪费时间 |
[03:00] | We are squandering valuable resources | 我们这是在浪费宝贵的资源 |
[03:03] | for little or no return on investment. | 回报基本小到可以忽略不计 |
[03:04] | I get it. It’s complicated. | 我明白 这很复杂 |
[03:07] | What do you hear from Isabelle? | 伊莎贝尔那边有什么消息 |
[03:08] | Miserable in London. | 她在伦敦可凄凉了 |
[03:09] | What? | 什么 |
[03:10] | She says it never stops raining, the food is terrible | 她说那边的雨一直下个不停 吃的也特糟 |
[03:13] | and the guys in MI6 don’t get her jokes. | 而且军情六处的人都听不懂她的笑话 |
[03:16] | We don’t get her jokes. | 我们也听不懂 |
[03:17] | I didn’t tell her that. | 这我可没告诉她 |
[03:19] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[03:21] | I’m about to get fired or put on the Latvia desk. | 我很快就会被解雇或是派到拉脱维亚办事处 |
[03:24] | Al-Qaeda will have to remain in your capable hands. | 基地组织得交给你来处理了 |
[03:26] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[03:37] | Ah. My staff. | 我的员工们 |
[03:39] | And video footage. | 还有视频 |
[03:41] | I have a bad feeling. | 我有不好的预感 |
[03:42] | No, it could be nothing. | 不 这可能不是什么大事 |
[03:43] | It’s not nothing. | 这可不是小事 |
[03:44] | It’s not entirely something. Yet. | 目前来说还算不上是个大事 |
[03:46] | Okay. Let’s see it. | 够了 给我看吧 |
[03:48] | Senator Raymond Caruthers, | 雷蒙德·卡拉瑟斯议员 |
[03:50] | staunch opponent of everything in this administration, | 致力于反对本届政府一切的政治斗士 |
[03:53] | has cottoned on to the recent events in Iran, | 最近频频拿伊朗说事 |
[03:55] | holding himself up as the defender of truth. | 自称为捍卫真理之人 |
[03:58] | I have not been placated | 我是不会被总统那套 |
[03:59] | by the President’s charade of transparency | 公开透明的作秀假话说服的 |
[04:01] | regarding the events in Iran. | 尤其是在伊朗一事上 |
[04:03] | We’re supposed to accept that | 要我们相信事件的始作俑者 |
[04:05] | the responsible parties have been caught | 以及参与人员均已被捕 |
[04:06] | and are on their way to justice. I’m not resting easy | 并会被绳之于法吗 我不会轻易相信 |
[04:08] | with that and neither should the American people. | 美国民众也不该轻易相信 |
[04:10] | A guy who’s making a bid | 不过是个想竞选总统的政客 |
[04:11] | for president using the coup in Iran for grandstanding purposes? | 利用伊朗的政变哗众取宠罢了 |
[04:14] | There’s nothing to be exposed. | 不会有秘密消息泄露出去的 |
[04:16] | It still needs to be handled. | 但此事仍需要妥善处理 |
[04:17] | Conspiracies can snowball. | 阴谋论可能会一发不可收拾 |
[04:19] | There’s no conspiracy except the one we thwarted. | 除了我们阻止了的政变 根本就毫无阴谋可言 |
[04:22] | I’m just saying if that gets traction, | 我只是想说如果这事闹大了 |
[04:24] | you’re gonna be spending way too much time | 您就得浪费大量的时间 |
[04:26] | talking the people off the ledge. | 劝说准备”跳楼”的人 |
[04:27] | Well, we’ll cross that ledge when we get to it. | 船到桥头自然直 |
[04:30] | Uh, Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
[04:31] | I just got word that Senator Caruthers | 我刚收到消息雷蒙德·卡拉瑟斯议员 |
[04:33] | is on his way to your office. | 正在来您办公室的路上 |
[04:34] | I told him you weren’t available. | 我跟他说了您没空 |
[04:35] | He doesn’t seem to care. | 但他好像不在乎 |
[04:38] | This is not the ledge. | 这还没到桥头呢 |
[04:40] | This is a thing before you get to the ledge, | 这是到桥头前的那一站 |
[04:42] | which is still a long way from the ground. | 离桥头还远着呢 |
[04:45] | I’m officially retiring this metaphor. | 我正式放弃继续用这比喻 |
[04:47] | Thanks, Blake. | 谢了 布莱克 |
[04:51] | Secretary of State saw this. | 这份报告 国务卿看过了 |
[04:53] | Secretary of Defense saw this. | 国防部长看过了 |
[04:55] | National Security Advisor, White House Chief of Staff | 国防顾问以及白宫参谋长 |
[04:57] | and the President saw this. | 还有总统都看过了 |
[04:58] | I’m so sorry, sir. | 我很抱歉 局长 |
[04:59] | I don’t know how that happened. | 我不知道他们怎么会看到我的报告 |
[05:01] | Because I showed it to them. | 因为是我呈上去给他们看的 |
[05:04] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:06] | I thought you made some valid points. | 我觉得你说得有道理 |
[05:09] | What did they think? | 他们有什么看法 |
[05:11] | They remain unpersuaded. | 没被说服 固执己见 |
[05:13] | I want you to rewrite the report, | 我想让你重写这份报告 |
[05:15] | putting the focus on increased human intel on the ground | 重点集中在增加前线情报人员 |
[05:17] | and other strategies to replace enhanced interrogation. | 以及其他可替代强化审讯的策略 |
[05:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:20] | Show them they can win this war without it. | 让他们知道不用强化审讯也能赢得战争 |
[05:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:22] | I’m gonna use that to explain why I’m appointing you | 我要用这个来解释我为什么要任命你 |
[05:24] | station chief in Baghdad. | 做巴格达站的站长 |
[05:26] | What?! | 什么 |
[05:27] | I have to replace Mike Hirst. | 我得把迈克·赫斯特换掉 |
[05:29] | He’s ineffective and controversial — | 他效率低下 还饱受非议 |
[05:31] | worst possible combination. | 这两个缺点已经够糟的了 |
[05:34] | I have to show the White House | 我得向白宫表明 |
[05:35] | that we have a clear directive. | 我们行动高效 指令明确 |
[05:37] | Who better to enforce that directive than the person who | 还有谁能比授权者更适合带领我们 |
[05:39] | authored it? | 执行命令呢 |
[05:40] | I’m not an operative, sir. | 我不是特工 局长 |
[05:41] | Neither is the station chief. | 站长也不是 |
[05:42] | It’s an administrative position. | 那是管理层的位置 |
[05:44] | You are the only person I trust to keep the operation in Iraq | 我相信只有你才能保证 |
[05:47] | effective and legitimate. | 伊拉克站高效稳定运行 |
[05:50] | Together we can win this. | 我们可以齐心协力走向胜利 |
[05:54] | And hold our heads high. | 绝不用向人低头 |
[05:56] | I know you won’t let me down. | 我知道你不会让我失望的 |
[06:00] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[06:01] | Madam Secretary, Senator Caruthers. | 国务卿女士 卡拉瑟斯议员来了 |
[06:03] | Welcome. Can, uh, Blake get you… | 欢迎 要不要布莱克给你… |
[06:09] | Blake doesn’t seem interested in getting you anything. | 布莱克好像没兴趣给你拿点什么喝的 |
[06:10] | Madam Secretary, I’m sure you’re aware of the confusion | 国务卿女士 我相信你非常清楚 |
[06:13] | and unease that’s been swirling in the wake | 蒙西局长的叛变为我们带来的 |
[06:15] | of Director Munsey’s acts of treason. | 不安与疑虑 |
[06:17] | Senator, it’s just the two of us — no cameras in here — | 议员 这只有我们俩 没有摄像机 |
[06:20] | so, short and sweet’ll do it. | 有什么话就别绕弯子了 |
[06:22] | Fine. | 行 |
[06:25] | Here’s the subpoena. | 这是传票 |
[06:28] | Subpoena for what? | 什么传票 |
[06:30] | To appear before a Senate Investigation Committee | 传讯你出席参议院调查委员会 |
[06:32] | looking into this administration’s | 对政府机关是否与 |
[06:34] | involvement in the attempt to overthrow | 试图推翻伊朗政府的行动 |
[06:36] | the government in Iran. | 有所关联的调查 |
[06:40] | Well, you don’t often see a senator hand-delivering a subpoena. | 一般参议员不会亲手来送传票的 |
[06:44] | Nice personal touch. | 真有人情味 |
[06:45] | You can be as dismissive as you like now… | 你尽可以像现在这样不屑一顾… |
[06:47] | Can I take a wild stab at who’s chairing this committee? | 我敢说我猜得到委员会是谁在负责 |
[06:49] | But you will stand before that committee | 你会站在委员会众人面前 |
[06:51] | and you will tell the truth. | 道出真相 |
[06:53] | Not a problem. | 没问题 |
[06:54] | Do it all the time. But senator… | 常有的事 但是参议员 |
[06:56] | may I ask? You ever get a queasy | 我能问你一句吗 夜深人静的时候 |
[06:59] | 3:00 A.M. feeling about wasting | 你有为自己把纳税人的钱 |
[07:01] | the taxpayers’ money on this kind of public display, | 花在这种公共作秀上 |
[07:04] | which is really about | 只为满足你自己的 |
[07:05] | promoting your own political ambitions? Ever? | 政治野心的行为而感到过羞耻吗 |
[07:09] | I’ll see you soon, Madam Secretary. | 到时候见 国务卿女士 |
[07:12] | And I’ll be the one asking the questions. | 到时候就轮到我来提问了 |
[07:19] | Can I get you anything? | 需要点什么吗 |
[07:20] | So many ways to go with that. | 这话可有好多种回答方法 |
[07:24] | What do you think he thinks he has? | 你觉得他认为自己掌握了什么 |
[07:29] | I have no idea. | 我一点都不知道 |
[07:49] | Mike B without an appointment or heads-up of any… | 麦克·B没有预约也没有任何… |
[07:51] | kind. | 提醒 |
[07:52] | A subpoena? | 传票 |
[07:53] | Really? I have to find this out | 真的吗 非得让我在健身房 |
[07:54] | on the elliptical machine at my gym? | 椭圆机上跑步的时候看到这消息吗 |
[07:56] | I don’t get that machine. | 我一直不太明白怎么用椭圆机 |
[07:58] | I always feel like I’m falling through space. | 那东西让我感觉自己是在走太空步 |
[08:00] | Okay, this is serious. | 这事可严重了 |
[08:01] | Seriously disruptive. | 严重捣乱吧 |
[08:02] | They can’t have anything. | 他们肯定什么都不知道 |
[08:04] | Would you tell your daddy to calm down? | 你能叫你爹地冷静点吗 |
[08:05] | Even he knows | 连它都知道 |
[08:06] | if they have a subpoena, they have something. | 要是他们有传票 那肯定是发现了什么 |
[08:08] | They don’t give those away free with purchase. | 这种东西可不是想拿就拿得到的 |
[08:09] | President went on national television and came | 总统已经在全国电视上 |
[08:12] | clean with the world — full transparency. | 跟全世界说明了一切 完全公开透明 |
[08:15] | There’s nothing left to know. | 没什么别的了 |
[08:16] | Oh, thank God. ‘Cause I’m sure | 真是谢天谢地啊 我还以为 |
[08:18] | they’re actually after the truth. | 他们真的是在追寻真相啊 |
[08:20] | I’m sure they wouldn’t find some | 我相信他们不会挖出 |
[08:21] | nugget of discrepancy and firestorm it into grounds | 一些与事实不符的谈资 煽风点火 |
[08:24] | for impeachment. That never happens. | 供人指摘 绝对不会这样的 |
[08:26] | Do you know that Raymond Caruthers was president | 你知不知道雷蒙德·卡拉瑟斯 |
[08:27] | of the Princeton Debating Society? | 是普林斯顿辩论会的主席 |
[08:29] | No, tell me more. | 不知道呢 再多透露些 |
[08:30] | It’s on his Facebook page. | 他脸书主页上写着呢 |
[08:31] | And do you understand | 那你知不知道 |
[08:32] | that great debaters win not because they have the best argument | 优秀的辩论队胜出不是因为他们的辩题好 |
[08:34] | but because they are the best arguer? | 而是因为他们是优秀的辩手 |
[08:36] | He’s a dangerous man. | 他很危险 |
[08:38] | It’s theater. | 这只是一场秀而已 |
[08:39] | The administration has a black eye, | 本届政府遭到重创 |
[08:41] | he just wants to rub some salt in the wound. | 他只是想往伤口上撒盐 |
[08:43] | See? You’re mixing metaphors. | 瞧见没 你在混淆概念 |
[08:44] | He’s not gonna do that. | 他不会这么做的 |
[08:47] | Well, I have been thinking about it, you know. | 你知道吗 我一直在考虑这件事 |
[08:49] | In fact, I’ve been making a list. | 其实我还列了一张清单 |
[08:51] | And I did slip my detail in order to interrogate | 我的确曾经私下里审问 |
[08:54] | the fueler who sabotaged Marsh’s plane. | 对马什的飞机做手脚的加油员工 |
[08:56] | And I did jimmy up a state visit to Venezuela | 我也曾经选择去委内瑞拉国事访问 |
[08:59] | in order to uncover a secret bank account. | 只为查一个秘密银行账号 |
[09:01] | I did plenty of unconventional things, | 我做了很多有争议的事 |
[09:04] | but none of it is illegal. | 但没有一项是违法的 |
[09:06] | You need a lawyer. | 你需要一个律师 |
[09:06] | I don’t want a lawyer. | 我不要律师 |
[09:08] | Makes me look like I need a lawyer. | 那样会让我看上去像需要律师的样子 |
[09:09] | At the very least, give me permission to transgress | 至少让我打破一些底线 |
[09:12] | some boundaries to find out what they know. | 去查清楚他们到底知道些什么 |
[09:14] | Haven’t you done that already? | 我以为你早打破底线了 |
[09:15] | Of course I have. My feelers are out. | 当然了 我的爪牙到处都是 |
[09:16] | Then we’re up to speed. | 那不就没问题了 |
[09:17] | All right. Think about the lawyer. | 好 考虑下请律师的提议 |
[09:20] | Gordon, let’s go. | 戈登 咱们走 |
[09:22] | Madam Secretary, Daisy actually called ahead | 国务卿女士 黛西和他们不同 |
[09:25] | and asked to see you at this time. | 她先打了电话来说现在想来见您 |
[09:27] | Ma’am, a small but significant matter has come up. | 国务卿 我们出了点不容忽视的小乱子 |
[09:31] | We’ve received a portrait of James Madison | 我们收到了一幅詹姆斯·麦迪逊[前总统]的肖像 |
[09:33] | to replace the portrait of Vincent Marsh. | 要我们拿来替换了文森特·马什的肖像 |
[09:34] | Given the revelations about | 这也是考虑到已故国务卿的 |
[09:36] | the late Secretary and his connection | 关系和他与伊朗政变 |
[09:37] | to the coup in Iran, and given that | 之间的联系 而且 |
[09:39] | the press comes through here all the time… | 媒体人员经常在这走来走去… |
[09:40] | I know, I know — the optics aren’t good. | 我知道 我知道 看上去影响不好 |
[09:42] | I have my hands full with the senate investigation, | 我忙着处理议员调查的事 |
[09:44] | but with your permission, I’d like to delegate this to Blake. | 但如果您允许 我想把这件事交给布莱克处理 |
[09:47] | I mean, it’s mostly making phone calls | 我是说 主要就是跟画廊和 |
[09:49] | to the archives and museums till we find a good fit. | 美术馆的人打电话 选合适的画就好了 |
[09:51] | Are you good with this? | 你觉得没问题吗 |
[09:52] | Uh, yes, uh, anything to help, Ma’am. | 没问题 愿意效劳 国务卿 |
[09:54] | So you will make this portrait disappear | 那你会换掉那张肖像画 |
[09:56] | and I don’t have to think about it? | 不用让我操心吗 |
[09:57] | Yes, Ma’am. And then I’d like to perform | 是的 我还想对麦克·B |
[09:59] | a similar magic on Mike B. | 也做相同处理 |
[10:02] | I apologize if that was inappropriate. | 如果这个笑话不恰当 我表示抱歉 |
[10:06] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们俩 |
[10:14] | Who’s winning? | 谁要赢了 |
[10:15] | It’s too close to call. | 现在比分很接近 |
[10:17] | I hate to sound like the tech-spoiled millennial, | 我讨厌听起来像被技术宠坏的千禧一代 |
[10:19] | but couldn’t we get a copier from | 可我们就不能买一台这世纪造的 |
[10:21] | this century that actually works? | 真正能用的复印机吗 |
[10:23] | According to our budget, no. | 依我们的预算情况看 不行 |
[10:25] | We’re, we’re one step up scrolling monks. | 我们只比苦行僧强一级 |
[10:28] | It’s kind of ironic that we send money | 说起来有点讽刺 我们把钱 |
[10:30] | to people in developing nations | 送给发展中国家的人 |
[10:32] | and yet… | 可是… |
[10:32] | This is the tip of the irony iceberg around here. | 这只是这边的讽刺冰山的小角 |
[10:35] | The glamorous world of public service. | 公共服务世界的魅力 |
[10:38] | Kind of sexy — a guy in stained work clothes. | 蛮性感的嘛 穿着被弄脏的工作服的男人 |
[10:41] | Very D.H. Lawrence. | 很有劳伦斯[著名作家]的味道 |
[10:43] | Okay, | 好了 |
[10:45] | don’t flirt with me. | 不要跟我调情 |
[10:49] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[10:50] | You are. | 你有 |
[10:52] | It’s cruel to flirt with someone you just dumped. | 跟你刚甩掉的人调情是很残忍的 |
[10:55] | I did not dump you. I… | 我没有甩掉你 我… |
[10:57] | made the responsible choice | 我做了负责任的选择 |
[10:59] | and chose not to continue the relationship. | 选择不再继续我们的关系 |
[11:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:05] | Well, it’s cruel to flirt with someone after that. | 在那之后跟人调情是很残忍的 |
[11:07] | Look, I’m just asking, just, | 问一下 就问一下 |
[11:09] | could you hide behind a mask of professionalism? | 你能带张职业化的面具吗 |
[11:14] | Like I’m doing. | 像我一样 |
[11:19] | It’s all yours. | 这里交给你了 |
[11:29] | Okay, listen, guys, this senate investigation | 听着 各位 这次参议院调查 |
[11:31] | is gonna be a big deal. | 是件大事 |
[11:33] | Now, there’s nothing there, | 我们没有什么问题 |
[11:35] | so we have nothing to worry about. | 所以也不用担心 |
[11:36] | But it’s gonna be noisy, and it’s gonna be in your face, | 但调查会很烦人 会咄咄逼人 |
[11:39] | and it could go on for quite a while. | 还可能持续很长时间 |
[11:40] | Bigger than the microloans thing? | 比小额贷款的事还大吗 |
[11:41] | Well, afraid so, Noodle. | 恐怕是的 小面面 |
[11:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:43] | Is there some sort of silver lining we’re not seeing here? | 有什么我们没看到的希望曙光吗 |
[11:45] | Conflict builds character? | 矛盾塑造人格算吗 |
[11:47] | It’s not funny, Mom. | 这不好笑 妈妈 |
[11:49] | Look, the President and I came out on top after the coup. | 总统和我在政变后出尽风头 |
[11:52] | There’s a small but loud faction of people | 有一小波很招摇的派系分子 |
[11:55] | who want to tear us down. That’s all it is. | 想把我们拉下马 仅此而已 |
[11:57] | We’ll get through it. | 我们会撑过去的 |
[11:57] | Okay, since this is a family meeting, | 既然是家庭会议 |
[11:59] | don’t we get to take a vote? | 我们不是该投票吗 |
[12:01] | Okay, who’s officially over Mom’s job? | 谁受够妈妈的工作了 |
[12:03] | Guys. | 各位 |
[12:03] | I am. | 我 |
[12:04] | Cut it out. | 别闹了 |
[12:05] | What? We got a vote on her taking the job. | 怎么 她接受工作时我们也投票了 |
[12:06] | Yeah, we all made a commitment. | 对 我们都承诺了 |
[12:08] | That was before we knew | 那是之前我们不知道 |
[12:09] | how much it would suck. Now we know. | 这工作有多讨厌 现在我们知道了 |
[12:10] | We made a commitment as a family. | 我们作为一家人一起承诺的 |
[12:16] | Guys… | 各位 |
[12:16] | quitting the job is not on the table. | 辞职不在讨论范围内 |
[12:18] | We just wanted to give you a heads-up on how much it’s going | 我们只是想提前告诉你们事情可能会到哪步 |
[12:20] | to suck, and to reassure you that it’s gonna be okay. | 并再次跟你们保证一切都会好起来的 |
[12:23] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么不为人知的秘密 |
[12:25] | Questions? | 有问题吗 |
[12:27] | Yeah. When can you quit the job? | 有 你什么时候能辞职 |
[12:29] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[12:30] | Come on, solidarity, guys. | 拜托 团结一点 各位 |
[12:31] | What happened to “go team McCord”? | 我们”麦考德一家”的精神呢 |
[12:35] | Do we really need to care | 我们真的需要在乎 |
[12:36] | what our teenagers think about my job? | 咱们的青春期儿女对我工作的意见吗 |
[12:39] | Well, I was the son of a union leader. | 我是公会领袖的儿子 |
[12:41] | I got rocks thrown at me because of my dad’s job. | 我曾因为我爸的工作被人扔石头砸过 |
[12:45] | You know what? This week, they hate us. | 这周 他们恨我们 |
[12:46] | Next week, if we could get box seats | 如果下周我们能拿到某场全国赛的包厢票 |
[12:48] | to a Nationals game, they’d be over the moon. | 他们就又高兴得飞上月亮了 |
[12:50] | We never go full bore on the perks. | 我们从没全面利用过那些特权 |
[12:52] | We should absolutely get box seats to the Nationals. | 确实应该去弄个全国赛的包厢座 |
[12:55] | Well, I-I’ve been saying since day one. | 我从第一天起就在这样建议了 |
[12:56] | How nice was it to hear Stevie be supportive of her mother? | 听到斯蒂芬支持妈妈是多好的事情啊 |
[13:00] | Whom she no longer hates, apparently. | 看起来她不恨你了 |
[13:02] | As predicted by someone on Team McCord. | 跟某个麦考德之队的人预测得一样 |
[13:04] | Okay, reel it in, Captain. | 好吧 炫耀吧 队长 |
[13:07] | You were right. | 你说对了 |
[13:09] | She also seems to like you okay, so, we both win. | 她似乎也挺喜欢你的 我们都是赢家 |
[13:13] | Now the other two are mad at us. | 现在另外两个又恨我们了 |
[13:14] | Doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[13:15] | Those two we can still threaten with military school. | 那两个我们还可以拿军事学校去威胁 |
[13:18] | I love you and your sensible parenting style. | 我爱你和你的聪慧教子风格 |
[13:26] | Station chief? | 站长 |
[13:28] | Babe, that’s an enormous job. | 亲爱的 那可是个大任务 |
[13:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:32] | Living in Baghdad? | 在巴格达生活 |
[13:34] | Wow. For how long? | 要多久 |
[13:35] | Well, I mean, | 我想 |
[13:38] | I’d probably have to put in | 至少得去一年 |
[13:39] | at least a year to be effective. | 才能发挥作用吧 |
[13:43] | A year away from us? | 离开我们一年 |
[13:46] | Conrad is putting a lot of responsibility on my shoulders. | 康拉德给了我不少职责 |
[13:50] | I would be running the interrogation operations. | 我要去管理审讯工作 |
[13:53] | Making sure that they’re done effectively | 保证他们高效完成 |
[13:54] | without crossing any lines, | 并且不越界 |
[13:56] | which will keep us far and away from the slippery slope. | 让我们远离滑坡谬误 |
[13:59] | Yeah, I understand the job. | 我明白工作任务是什么 |
[14:01] | I… why does it have to be you? | 我… 为什么非得你去呢 |
[14:04] | Because I wrote the proposal | 因为是我给白宫提出建议 |
[14:06] | asking the White House to reconsider their policy. | 要他们重新考虑他们的政策 |
[14:10] | You’re also the person | 可当初你还坚持 |
[14:11] | who insisted on having a desk job at Langley | 要在兰利做文职工作 |
[14:13] | so you could be with your family. | 以保证可以跟家人在一起 |
[14:14] | Yeah, well, then the world changed. | 后来世界变了 |
[14:16] | Four years. | 四年了 |
[14:18] | 9/11 was just a bad day, | 9·11是个倒霉的日子 |
[14:19] | and already, we’re starting to forget? | 我们都已经开始遗忘了吗 |
[14:21] | I served in combat in Iraq. I’m not forgetting anything. | 我在伊拉克打过仗 我什么都没忘 |
[14:25] | And, yeah, | 但是 |
[14:25] | people are recovering. There’s nothing wrong with that. | 人们的伤口开始愈合了 这不是罪 |
[14:27] | Then let tell you something, Henry. | 我跟你说 亨利 |
[14:29] | There are a lot of people | 还有很多人 |
[14:30] | doing what I do, so that they can recover. | 在做我做的事 所以人们才能愈合伤口 |
[14:33] | They have the luxury of forgetting | 他们能够享受这种忘却 |
[14:34] | because we refuse to. | 是因为我们拒绝忘记 |
[14:35] | No one is forgetting. | 没人忘记 |
[14:36] | That’s not what it feels like. | 但感觉不是那样 |
[14:37] | I am talking about | 我是在说 |
[14:38] | our marriage and our children. | 我们的婚姻跟孩子 |
[14:39] | And I am talking about a higher purpose which serves them. | 我说的是更崇高的目标 能让他们的日子更安稳 |
[14:42] | You went off to war when we were newlyweds. | 我们刚结婚的时候 你去打仗了 |
[14:44] | You married a Marine. | 你嫁给了一个海军陆战队员 |
[14:45] | You married a spy. | 那你娶了一个间谍 |
[14:46] | Yeah, with a desk job. | 是做文职的间谍 |
[14:46] | I’ll have a desk in Baghdad. | 我去巴格达做文职 |
[14:48] | Don’t do that. Don’t… | 别那么做 别… |
[14:49] | No, I’m saying, it’s not like I’m going into the field. | 我是说 我不是过去出外勤 |
[14:51] | I will go to great lengths | 我会不遗余力 |
[14:52] | to explain that to Stevie and Alison. | 给斯蒂芬和艾莉森解释 |
[14:54] | Jason won’t even remember you if you go… | 可你要是去了 杰森甚至不会记得你… |
[14:55] | We have to stop. | 我们不要再吵了 |
[15:04] | Uh, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[15:05] | A moment to discuss the Vincent Marsh of it all? | 有没有空谈一下文森特·马什的事 |
[15:08] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[15:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:11] | Okay, this is a very hard thing for me to say. | 好吧 这话我很难说出口 |
[15:16] | I’ve hit a wall. | 我撞墙了 |
[15:18] | Can we hang the portrait on it? | 我们能在墙上挂幅画像吗 |
[15:20] | A wall that has obliterated my sense of humor. | 这堵墙毁掉了我的幽默感 |
[15:23] | What-what’s the status? | 到底什么情况啊 |
[15:24] | I’ve tried everything. | 我哪都问过了 |
[15:27] | The National Portrait Gallery? | 国家肖像馆 |
[15:28] | The Library of Congress? | 国会图书馆 |
[15:29] | The Frick? | 弗里克收藏馆 |
[15:29] | How about the State House in Illinois? He served there once. | 伊利诺伊州议会大厦呢 他曾在那工作 |
[15:32] | In the General Assembly. | 还在联合国大会工作过 |
[15:33] | “I’ve tried everything”, | “我用尽了一切方法” |
[15:34] | is not a sentence I use lightly. | 可不是随便说的 |
[15:36] | Lest you intend to keep saying names of museums. | 所以你就别再给我说博物馆的名字了 |
[15:38] | Isn’t there a Benedict Arnold Hall | 就没有一个专放卖国贼画像的 |
[15:40] | of Traitors somewhere? | 本尼迪克特·阿诺德大厅吗 |
[15:42] | If there’s not, why not? | 如果没有 为什么没有呢 |
[15:43] | See me not laughing? | 我没笑 看见了吗 |
[15:45] | Okay, maybe it’s time to go to Nadine. | 也许现在应该去找纳丁了 |
[15:48] | Every time I look at my watch, it’s not that time. | 我每次看表 时机都不对 |
[15:50] | She makes fun of him in staff meetings. | 她在员工会议上取笑他 |
[15:52] | I mean, I don’t think she’s | 我是说 我觉得她现在 |
[15:53] | that sensitive about it anymore. | 对这个应该没那么敏感了 |
[15:54] | Well, I would prefer not to find out in exactly this way. | 我可不想用这种方式去试探她 |
[15:57] | Or perhaps you would like to ask her? | 不然 你愿意去问她吗 |
[16:01] | You? | 你呢 |
[16:04] | Uh, just keep digging. You’ll find something. | 继续找吧 你会成功的 |
[16:07] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:08] | So, what do you think it means | 那么 你觉得拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[16:08] | that Russell Jackson is coming to your office? | 到你办公室来是意味着什么 |
[16:10] | I think it means it’s a weekday | 我想这意味着今天是工作日 |
[16:12] | during business hours. | 现在是工作时间 |
[16:14] | He said it was about the Senate investigation. | 他说这次来是跟参议员调查有关 |
[16:18] | Where’s Gordon? | 戈登在哪里 |
[16:20] | He’s with my ex-wife. | 他跟我前妻在一起 |
[16:21] | We share custody. | 我们共同享有监护权 |
[16:23] | It’s actually a painful subject. | 这其实是个很悲伤的话题 |
[16:25] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:26] | I didn’t know you felt pain. | 我不知道你也能感到悲伤 |
[16:29] | Ma’am, Mr. Jackson is uncharacteristically here | 国务卿女士 杰克逊先生很难得地 |
[16:32] | at an appointed time. | 在约定时间来到了这里 |
[16:33] | Oh, thank you, Blake. | 谢谢 布莱克 |
[16:34] | Russell, you know Mike B? | 拉塞尔 你认识麦克·B吗 |
[16:35] | Only by reputation. | 久仰大名 |
[16:37] | I’ll try not to gush. | 我会努力不要太激动的 |
[16:38] | I’m a big admirer of your work. | 我对你的工作非常钦佩 |
[16:39] | Oh, I keep track of you, as well. | 我对你也一直关注着 |
[16:41] | That Canuck letter you laid on Senator Demunzio? | 你给德蒙奇参议员的法裔加拿大人的信 |
[16:43] | That was inspired. | 真是天才之作 |
[16:44] | That means a lot coming from you. | 你的赞扬对我来说意义重大 |
[16:45] | I never get credit for that. | 从未有人把那件事算作我的功劳 |
[16:46] | Demunzio never ran for another term after that. | 德蒙奇之后就没有竞选连任了 |
[16:48] | It’s the little victories that keep you going. | 这些小小的胜利会激励人们不断努力 |
[16:49] | That was not so little. | 这才不是小小的胜利 |
[16:51] | You’re right. I’m being falsely modest, yeah. | 你说得很对 我只是假装谦虚 |
[16:53] | You guys need some time alone, or…? | 你们俩需要单独聊吗 还是… |
[16:56] | I’m good. | 我没事 |
[16:57] | Down to business. | 还是谈公事吧 |
[16:59] | First an update on Juliet. | 首先是关于茱莉叶的最新消息 |
[17:02] | She’s refusing to cooperate with the FBI, | 她拒绝跟联调局合作 |
[17:04] | so, DOJ is definitely seeking the death penalty, | 所以 司法部肯定要追究她死刑 |
[17:06] | and they’re gonna fast-track it. | 而且他们要快速解决这件事 |
[17:08] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[17:09] | Regarding your situation, | 关于你的情况 |
[17:10] | good news. | 好消息 |
[17:11] | White House Counsel has made a legal determination, | 白宫委员会已经做出了合法决议 |
[17:14] | and they’re going to invoke executive privilege | 他们将以行政特权来回应传票的事 |
[17:16] | in response to the subpoena, so, you’re off the hook… for now. | 所以你暂时摆脱困境了 |
[17:20] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[17:24] | This is the part where you say, “Thank you, Russell, | 现在应该轮到你说 “谢谢 拉塞尔 |
[17:26] | for your topnotch voodoo.” | 谢谢你施展了一流的巫术” |
[17:28] | Of course I mean prowess. | 当然我的意思是说妙计啦 |
[17:29] | I hate the way this looks. | 我讨厌这件事看起来的样子 |
[17:30] | It looks like Christmas morning. | 这看起来就像是美好的圣诞节早晨 |
[17:31] | It looks like I’m hiding | 这看起来像是我在躲避 |
[17:32] | behind some vague assertion of executive power | 我躲在行政特权之类的模糊说法背后 |
[17:35] | because I have something to fear from the truth. | 因为我不敢说出事情的真相 |
[17:37] | She has a quirk about principles. | 她凡事非得讲个原则 |
[17:38] | Oh, we appreciate that about her. | 我们就喜欢她这一点 |
[17:39] | As do I, but moderation in all things. | 我也是 但总要适度才行嘛 |
[17:40] | I understand how hard | 我明白你想出这个方法 |
[17:42] | you must have worked to make this happen, Russell, | 肯定花了很多心血 拉塞尔 |
[17:46] | but I can’t fall in line. | 但我不能这样败退 |
[17:48] | I can’t take the easy way out. | 我不能接受这样轻易地逃避问题 |
[17:50] | I don’t need to invoke anything but the truth. | 我不需要找任何借口 我只要说出真相 |
[17:53] | Facing the music is the right call, | 正确的做法就是正面面对 |
[17:55] | and the administration will be stronger for it. | 政府也会因此变得更强大 |
[18:01] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[18:02] | I’m here with Elizabeth. | 我现在跟伊丽莎白在一起 |
[18:03] | She’s declining executive privilege. | 她拒绝了执行特权 |
[18:08] | Sure. Hang on. | 好的 稍等一下 |
[18:16] | Hello, Mr. President. | 你好 总统先生 |
[18:17] | Elizabeth, I am strongly advising you | 伊丽莎白 我强烈建议你 |
[18:18] | to take executive privilege. | 接受执行特权 |
[18:19] | Yes, Sir. I… Yes, Sir. | 好的 总统 我…好的 总统 |
[18:22] | Do we understand each other? | 我们达成共识了吗 |
[18:23] | Yes, Sir. | 是的 总统先生 |
[18:23] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:24] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[18:26] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[18:29] | So, it looks like I’m gonna take that executive privilege. | 那么 看来我得接受执行特权了 |
[18:32] | I love it when it all works out. | 我最喜欢搞定事情的感觉了 |
[18:38] | Oh, there’s going to be huge backlash, but… | 反应会很激烈的 不过… |
[18:41] | the mathematicians tell me it is going | 数学家们告诉我说 |
[18:43] | to be a shorter backlash | 反应会比在委员会面前 |
[18:44] | than actually appearing before the committee. | 实际遭受的时间要短一些 |
[18:46] | So, that’s good horse trade, right? | 所以这场讨价还价还不错 是吗 |
[18:48] | Who are you trying to convince, Mom? | 你到底是在说服谁 妈妈 |
[18:50] | You guys, obviously. | 显然是你们几个啦 |
[18:52] | Okay, yeah, but, being complained about | 好吧 是的 但被有学问的人埋怨 |
[18:54] | by pundits is marginally better | 只比被人做成GIF 每天被 |
[18:55] | than being giffed a hundred times a day. | 嘲笑一百次要稍微好那么一点点 |
[18:57] | See? Just like that, we’re in the plus column. | 你们瞧 这么想 我们可真是幸运 |
[19:01] | Feel free to jump in here any time you want and cheerlead. | 只要你愿意 随时都可以一起加油鼓劲 |
[19:03] | It’s so obviously all good. | 显然这样很好啊 |
[19:05] | Okay, I look like this. | 好了 看看我的打扮如何 |
[19:09] | Everyone, just get it out of your system now. | 想吐槽的就快点吧 |
[19:11] | I am… I am speechless. | 我简直…我简直说不出话来 |
[19:13] | I’m the plus one for a formal event at the White House. | 我应邀参加白宫举行的一场正式活动 |
[19:17] | With Harrison Dalton. | 我是哈里森·道尔顿的女伴 |
[19:19] | It’s his first formal appearance | 这是他在戒毒所的事曝光后 |
[19:21] | post rehab stint hitting the news. | 首次在媒体面前正式亮相 |
[19:24] | Some kind of dinner for governors. Anyway, | 参加什么政府官员之间的晚宴 |
[19:26] | he needs a date, and I make a better picture | 他需要个女伴 而我比他那个 |
[19:28] | than his grizzled, welder-biker sponsor. | 又老打扮又过时的担保人好看点 |
[19:31] | So, you’re flying fully into the storm of Starrison? | 所以你就去增添”斯里恋”的八卦了 |
[19:34] | Diversion tactic. | 这招叫转移注意力 |
[19:35] | Better the journalists speculate about us than his sobriety. | 让记者揣测我俩的关系总比琢磨他喝没喝醉强 |
[19:38] | They can pick at it all day. | 他们能扯上一整天 |
[19:39] | We are still just friends. | 我们反正只是朋友关系 |
[19:41] | Truth as an offensive. | 以事实为武器 |
[19:42] | Wherever did you learn that? | 你都从哪学的那些东西 |
[19:43] | But seriously, you’d give us little heads-up | 但说真的 要是你们俩真有什么事 |
[19:46] | if it were something, right? | 你会给我们提个醒的吧 |
[19:48] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[19:49] | If wanted to be with someone | 要是我想找个给你们生活 |
[19:50] | who was gonna complicate your life, I’d be with Arthur. | 添乱子的人 我就和亚瑟在一起了 |
[20:00] | Sorry, Ma’am. His credentials check out. | 抱歉打扰了 国务卿 已经查过他的证件了 |
[20:02] | I have a subpoena to appear | 我这有一张传唤接受 |
[20:03] | before the Senate Investigation Committee. | 参议院调查委员会调查的传票 |
[20:05] | No, no, that’s been settled. | 不 那件事已经解决了 |
[20:06] | For Dr. Henry McCord. | 传唤的是亨利·麦考德博士 |
[20:07] | You’ve been served. | 您被传唤了 |
[20:18] | I have to give you a legal disclaimer. | 我得先声明我与此事无关 |
[20:20] | I am not your lawyer. | 我不是你的律师 |
[20:21] | Noted. | 记住了 |
[20:21] | And in my capacity as not-your-lawyer, | 因为我不是你的律师 能力有限 |
[20:24] | I cannot be privy to any information | 我无法在不牵涉到自身的情况下 |
[20:25] | which might incriminate you or your wife | 私下接触可能使你或你妻子 |
[20:27] | without implicating myself. | 获罪的任何信息 |
[20:29] | I’m here as non-legally-binding sage counsel. | 我只是一个无法律约束的咨询顾问 |
[20:32] | – Mike, got it. – Okay. | -迈克 我们懂 -好的 |
[20:35] | I called around the agencies, cashed in a few chits. | 我联系了有关部门 用了点私人关系 |
[20:37] | Someone connected a few dots, | 有人串联了几件事 |
[20:39] | and then, tipped the senator | 然后向参议院告密 |
[20:41] | that during Elizabeth’s inquiry into Marsh’s death, | 伊丽莎白在调查马什之死期间 |
[20:43] | she shared classified information with you. | 她将机密信息告诉了你 |
[20:47] | If this is proven to be true, | 如果被查明属实 |
[20:49] | Elizabeth | 伊丽莎白 |
[20:50] | may be in violation of the Espionage Act, | 可能就违反了《反间谍法》 |
[20:52] | among other federal statutes | 以及其它联邦法律 |
[20:54] | involving the improper handling of classified material. | 包括机密资料保管不当 |
[20:58] | Espionage. That’s ridiculous. | 反间谍法 太荒唐了 |
[21:00] | What information? | 什么机密信息 |
[21:01] | Something about a plane crash in Dubai. | 关于迪拜的一次坠机事件 |
[21:03] | I know you’re not about to say something. | 你什么都不要说 |
[21:06] | Look, I’ve been called to testify | 我是被传唤 |
[21:07] | before a Senate Investigation Committee. | 接受参议院调查委员会的调查 |
[21:09] | It’s not a court of law. | 又不是上法庭 |
[21:10] | True. It’s a kangaroo court. | 没错 是个私设法庭 |
[21:12] | Caruthers just… | 卡拉瑟斯就是… |
[21:13] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:15] | Good night, Noodle. | 晚安 小面面 |
[21:16] | Night. Bye. | 晚安 再见 |
[21:18] | I’ll take you to school in the morning, okay? | 明早我送你去学校 好吗 |
[21:20] | Okay, sounds good. | 没问题 |
[21:23] | Love you. | 爱你们 |
[21:26] | All Caruthers wants is to bring down your wife. | 卡拉瑟斯就是希望打倒你妻子 |
[21:29] | With her safely shrouded | 因为她有行政特权保护 |
[21:30] | behind executive privilege, he’s going after the next best thing. | 他就盯上了除此之外最能威胁她的事 |
[21:33] | A leaker case is very hard to prove. | 泄密案很难查证 |
[21:35] | Won’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[21:36] | The damage will be done. | 还是会有影响 |
[21:38] | If people think that I shared secrets, | 要是人们认为我泄密 |
[21:41] | I’ll lose the trust of the nation | 我就会失去国家 |
[21:43] | and the international community. | 和国际社会的信任 |
[21:45] | Which makes it hard to be America’s next top diplomat. | 这让连任变得很艰难 |
[21:47] | Thank you for your non-legally-binding counsel, | 谢谢你无法律约束的建议 |
[21:50] | but… I’ve got to go with the truth. | 但…我还是要说实话 |
[21:54] | We were operating under extreme circumstances… | 当时的情况十分紧急… |
[21:55] | Stop making sounds with consonants and vowels. | 不要张嘴出声了 |
[21:57] | I don’t know how else to say it. | 我不知道还能怎么说你们才懂 |
[22:00] | First move is take the Fifth. | 第一步是运用《第五修正案》 |
[22:03] | – Absolutely not. – I-I know. I know. | -绝对不行 -我懂 我懂 |
[22:05] | It reeks of guilt… | 这会让你显得心虚 |
[22:07] | which is a bean scratcher, | 就跟此地无银三百两似的 |
[22:08] | given it’s meant to protect you from self-incrimination. | 这法案就是用来保护你无需自证其罪的 |
[22:11] | I’ll work on finding you a lawyer. | 我会帮你找个律师 |
[22:13] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[22:15] | get some sleep. | 去休息一下吧 |
[22:19] | Thanks, Mike. | 谢谢 迈克 |
[22:27] | Listen… | 听着 |
[22:28] | we didn’t do anything wrong. | 我们没做任何错事 |
[22:32] | That doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[22:36] | I thought the investigation into the Dubai crash | 我以为在白宫认定 |
[22:39] | had been declassified | 迪拜坠机事件为事故之后 |
[22:40] | once the White House ruled it an accident. | 调查资料就解密了 |
[22:43] | Turns out not to be the case. | 结果不是这样的 |
[22:45] | They’re on solid footing. | 他们有理有据啊 |
[22:47] | George said that someone in the CIA was behind Marsh’s murder, | 乔治说中情局的人参与了马什谋杀案 |
[22:49] | and you suspected the President himself. | 你还怀疑过总统本人 |
[22:51] | Well, you can’t say that. | 你可不能这么跟他们说啊 |
[22:52] | I can’t say any of it. | 我什么都不能说 |
[22:54] | I know what I have to do. | 我知道我该怎么做 |
[22:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:59] | There’s only one thing to do. | 我只有一个选择 |
[23:01] | I’m not gonna let you take the fall. | 我不能让你受牵连 |
[23:02] | You can’t lie. | 你不能撒谎 |
[23:03] | It’s not lying. | 不是撒谎 |
[23:04] | Dietrich Bonhoeffer will back me up on that. | 迪特里希·潘霍华会帮我圆场 |
[23:07] | You’re basing your defense | 你要用一个曾试图 |
[23:08] | on one of the guys who tried to kill Hitler? | 暗杀希特勒的人来说服我吗 |
[23:11] | Technically, he was convicted of draft evasion. | 严格说来 他只是被判了拒服兵役罪 |
[23:13] | Was he technically hanged, too? | 严格说来 他是不是还被绞死了啊 |
[23:15] | He taught that there are some truths more fundamental | 他教会了我 有些真相要比 |
[23:17] | than a… an immediate lie. | 临时编造的谎言更重要 |
[23:20] | Henry, you can’t perjure yourself. | 亨利 你不能作伪证 |
[23:23] | Are you really… are you serious? | 你真的… 你是认真的吗 |
[23:25] | Taking the Fifth only covers me. | 《第五修正案》只能保住我 |
[23:27] | They can still get me to incriminate you. | 他们还是能通过我定你的罪 |
[23:30] | He just wants to take you down, | 他就是想打倒你 |
[23:32] | by any means necessary. | 不惜一切手段 |
[23:34] | This whole thing just… lacks integrity. | 整件事毫无诚信可言 |
[23:39] | I feel no ethical obligation to play by their rules. | 我毫无道德义务按他们的规则行事 |
[23:42] | You could go to prison. | 你会进监狱的 |
[23:47] | No one’s going to prison. | 没人会进监狱 |
[23:51] | Okay. Here’s my takeaway. | 我的感想是 |
[23:52] | Governor’s Association Dinner equals old people prom. | 州长协会晚宴就是老年舞会 |
[23:56] | Oh, my God. That is totally right. | 天哪 一点没错 |
[23:58] | Right down to the, uh, chaperone checking my breath | 还有我的伴侣每隔五秒 |
[24:01] | for booze every five seconds. | 就来闻我嘴里有没有酒味 |
[24:03] | Yeah, except this time they didn’t smell any. | 只是这次她什么都没闻到 |
[24:06] | And thus I am able to remember this night | 因此我能完整地记得 |
[24:09] | – in its entirety. – Come on. | -今晚发生的所有事 -得了吧 |
[24:12] | It was nice. | 今晚很愉快 |
[24:13] | It was nice getting to be with you. | 和你在一起很愉快 |
[24:17] | Yeah. It was fun to hang out. | 是啊 玩得很开心 |
[24:21] | What? Why are you looking at me all… | 怎么了 你怎么一脸奇怪 |
[24:24] | weird and s-smoldery? | 又闷骚地看着我 |
[24:28] | Um, I’m about to kiss you. | 我要吻你 |
[24:30] | No, you’re not. | 不行 别 |
[24:33] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不吻 |
[24:34] | I’m so not. | 当然不吻 |
[24:42] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[24:44] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[24:46] | We’re friends. | 我们只是朋友 |
[24:52] | This really is like prom. | 真像当年的毕业舞会 |
[24:54] | I think we had this exact conversation. | 我们当时的对话跟现在一模一样 |
[24:57] | At our last prom. | 我们最后一次毕业舞会时 |
[25:00] | We totally did. | 绝对是的 |
[25:02] | I-I’m, for one… | 起码对我来说 |
[25:03] | I’m glad that we got to relive the awkwardness. | 尴尬重现 真是高兴 |
[25:05] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. This was so awesome. | -是吗 -这简直太棒了 |
[25:14] | Good night, Blake. | 晚安 布莱克 |
[25:18] | I see you there. | 我看见你在那了 |
[25:21] | I uh… I-I hate to ask… | 我 我本来不想问你… |
[25:25] | Apparently. | 看出来了 |
[25:30] | It’s about Secretary Marsh’s portrait. | 是关于国务卿马什的画像 |
[25:32] | It’s being removed | 他的画像要被移走了 |
[25:34] | to make room for James Madison’s, but, | 为的是给詹姆斯·麦迪逊的腾出地方 可是 |
[25:37] | no one seems to… | 大家好像都… |
[25:40] | Want it? | 不愿意接收 |
[25:40] | They don’t. | 他们不愿意 |
[25:42] | And we can’t just… | 可我们不能… |
[25:43] | Throw it away. | 把它扔了 |
[25:45] | Use your words, Blake. | 不会说话了吗 布莱克 |
[25:46] | No. We can’t throw it away | 是的 我们不能把它扔了 |
[25:48] | because that’s in violation of the 1912 | 因为那就违反了1912年 |
[25:50] | War Department ruling. | 陆军部的裁定 |
[25:51] | I don’t know which is more ironic, | 我都不知道哪个更讽刺了 |
[25:52] | that or the fact that we can’t give away | 是那个裁定 还是我们竟然都不能 |
[25:54] | such a vain man’s picture. | 把一个爱虚荣的人的画像扔掉 |
[25:56] | Ms. Tolliver, | 托利佛女士 |
[25:57] | I truly didn’t want to dump this in your lap. | 我真的不想把这麻烦事交给你 |
[26:00] | Don’t worry about it. | 没关系 |
[26:03] | I’ll think of something. | 我会想出办法的 |
[26:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:18] | Come on. Come to bed. | 走吧 去睡觉了 |
[26:21] | – I can’t let you do this. I can’t. – It’s going to be okay. | -我不能让你这么做 我不能 -会过去的 |
[26:22] | It’s my decision. | 这是我的决定 |
[26:24] | It’ll change you. It’ll change us. | 这件事会改变你 改变我们 |
[26:31] | We’ve been through worse. | 再难的事我们都经历了 |
[26:36] | Okay. | 好了 |
[26:41] | Offensive sweeps continued in northwestern Iraq today, | 今天在伊拉克西北部地区仍有袭击在进行 |
[26:44] | as United States Marines attempt to cut off the flow | 同时美国海军陆战队试图阻止 |
[26:47] | of foreign fighters crossing the Syrian border. | 外国军人越过叙利亚边境 |
[26:50] | The advance began with a series of predawn air strikes | 进攻以一连串黎明前的空袭开始 |
[26:54] | and continued with… | 然后又以… |
[26:55] | I’m listening to that. | 我还在听呢 |
[26:56] | You want some help? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[27:11] | I don’t want to fight about this. | 我不想因为这件事跟你吵 |
[27:12] | Well, great. We’ll just skip right to resentful silence. | 很好 那我们就直接跳到愤怒沉默这一步了 |
[27:18] | If you feel you have to go to Baghdad, then go, | 如果你觉得真的有必要去巴格达 那就去吧 |
[27:20] | but I can’t pretend it’s not going to affect me. | 但是我不会假装这事对我没影响 |
[27:22] | It’s definitely gonna affect the kids. | 而且这一定会影响到孩子们 |
[27:24] | One thing it’s not going to do is take back 9/11. | 可是你怎么做也不能抹去9·11事件的阴影 |
[27:28] | This isn’t about atonement. | 这不是去赎罪 |
[27:29] | Then what is it about? | 那是为什么 |
[27:31] | The world has fallen apart. | 世界已经崩溃了 |
[27:35] | Do you know how many of our troops were killed today? 37. | 你知道我们今天牺牲了多少人吗 37人 |
[27:38] | We just broke 1,400 in a war that was supposed | 这场战争士兵的死亡人数已经突破了1400人 |
[27:41] | to be over two years ago. | 可两年前战争早该结束了 |
[27:42] | And that’s not even counting the civilians. | 而且这还没算上平民的死亡人数 |
[27:45] | It’s like some monster has been unleashed. | 就像是魔鬼被放出来了 |
[27:49] | And I don’t even recognize what our government is doing anymore. | 我都不知道我们的政府在做什么 |
[27:52] | – And how can I just sit by? – I know. The world has collapsed. | -我怎么能坐视不管 -我明白 世界已经崩溃了 |
[27:54] | But that doesn’t mean ours has to, to make up for it. | 但这并不意味 需要我们来弥补 |
[27:56] | When everything seems to be lacking in integrity, | 当所有人都缺乏正直时 |
[27:59] | you know what you do? | 你知道该怎么做吗 |
[28:00] | You find it in yourself. | 你自己要正直 |
[28:04] | You change the world | 你要改变其他人 |
[28:07] | right from where you’re standing. | 就从你自己开始 |
[28:10] | Conrad is depending on me. | 康拉德就指望我了 |
[28:12] | It’s-it’s either take the position or quit. | 不接受这个职位 我就只有辞职了 |
[28:15] | I can’t go backwards. | 我不能开倒车 |
[28:18] | It’s a year. I’ll be back. | 只有一年而已 我很快就回来了 |
[28:22] | If you… | 如果你 |
[28:23] | go to Baghdad, I… | 去了巴格达 我… |
[28:28] | I don’t know what it’s gonna look like when you come back. | 我不知道你再回来时我们会是什么样 |
[28:44] | 来自拉塞尔·杰克逊的短信 我在去你家的路上 | |
[28:50] | Sorry to wake you up. | 抱歉把你吵醒了 |
[28:51] | You have to be kidding. | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[28:53] | We can keep this brief. | 我们长话短说 |
[28:56] | Tell me there’s no way you shared classified information with Henry. | 告诉我 你没有把机密信息告诉亨利 |
[29:02] | We have to stay ahead of this. | 我们得未雨绸缪 |
[29:04] | You know that. | 你懂的 |
[29:08] | Cut to the chase, Russell. | 别转弯抹角了 拉塞尔 |
[29:11] | We have a second term to win. | 总统要竞选连任 |
[29:15] | I’ll have to keep the President at a safe distance. | 我不能让这件事波及到他 |
[29:24] | Are-are we talking… | 你是说 |
[29:26] | resignation or… | 让我辞职还是… |
[29:31] | We can get around contempt of Congress but not this. | 藐视国会的罪我们能逃过 但这件事不行 |
[29:35] | Not violating the Espionage Act. | 违法了《反间谍法》就不行了 |
[29:38] | I just… | 我只是 |
[29:41] | I just wanted to give you a heads-up, but I-I don’t know | 我只是提醒你一下 不过我也不知道 |
[29:43] | what Henry’s gonna say before the committee tomorrow. | 亨利明天会在委员会上怎么说 |
[29:45] | I don’t know… I don’t know how this is gonna go. | 我不知道 我不知道这事会有何结果 |
[29:49] | But if it goes badly… | 但如果出了问题 |
[29:53] | You and the President won’t protect me. | 你和总统不会保我 |
[30:00] | Sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 我很抱歉 |
[30:10] | Thank you. And, finally, these are the appointments | 谢谢 最后是我们在白宫的 |
[30:12] | for our CVE Summit at the White House. | 反暴力极端主义峰会的任命名单 |
[30:15] | What time does Dr. McCord testify? | 麦考德博士几点作证 |
[30:17] | 2:00. | 两点 |
[30:22] | Walk with me, Blake. | 跟我来 布莱克 |
[30:25] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[30:26] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪 |
[30:28] | Taking a lap. | 走一圈 |
[30:30] | How many steps we got so far? | 我们已经走了多少步了 |
[30:31] | 156. | 156步 |
[30:34] | Let’s pick up the pace. | 加快点速度 |
[30:36] | I didn’t realize you were Fitbitting, Ma’am. | 我不知道你还关心每日步数 国务卿 |
[30:38] | I could work that into your schedule. | 我可以在你的日程里安排一下 |
[30:39] | No. I don’t want to make it a thing. | 不用 我不怎么在乎 |
[30:41] | Just working off the donut I had this morning. | 我只是想消化掉今天早晨吃的甜甜圈 |
[30:43] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[30:44] | Well, maybe two. Okay, two. | 可能是吃了两个 好吧 是两个 |
[30:54] | No. No way. | 不 不行 |
[30:56] | I’m sorry. I-I meant for this to happen sooner. | 对不起 我本想更早换掉肖像的 |
[30:58] | I ran into some roadblocks… | 我遇到一些路障 |
[30:59] | This isn’t right. Have my motorcade brought up. | 这样做不对 让我的车队准备好 |
[31:02] | I’m going out. | 我要出去 |
[31:03] | Yes, Ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[31:08] | The purpose of this hearing | 这次听证会的目的是 |
[31:09] | is to seek the truth | 代表美国公民 |
[31:11] | on behalf of the American people, so it stands | 找出事实的真相 所以我们应当 |
[31:13] | to reason that we should receive access to all decisions, | 接收到所有与此事相关的决定 |
[31:17] | all relevant documents, | 所有相关的文件 |
[31:19] | and all witnesses. | 以及所有的证人 |
[31:20] | One moment. Mr. Chairman. | 等一下 主席先生 |
[31:25] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[31:26] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[31:30] | Oh, Secretary McCord. | 国务卿麦考德女士 |
[31:32] | We didn’t expect you. | 没想到你会来 |
[31:34] | Yet here I am. | 但我还是来了 |
[31:36] | Ready to testify. | 准备做证 |
[31:41] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[31:42] | You know what you do when there’s no integrity | 你知道在无正直可言的情况下 |
[31:43] | in a situation, Henry? | 该怎么办吗 亨利 |
[31:45] | You find it in yourself. | 自己做到正直 |
[31:48] | You change the world right where we’re standing. | 改变世界 从自己做起 |
[31:55] | Senator, I’m waiving executive privilege, | 议员先生 我放弃行政特权 |
[31:59] | and I’m prepared to take the oath. | 我准备好宣誓了 |
[32:08] | If Vincent Marsh was murdered, | 如果文森特·马什确实是被谋杀 |
[32:10] | it was probably an inside job. | 凶手很可能是内部人员 |
[32:13] | I could only work with someone I trusted, | 我需要我能信任的人的帮助 |
[32:16] | and that meant my husband, | 而那个人就是我的丈夫 |
[32:18] | a man I have ruthlessly vetted for over 25 years. | 一个我谨慎审查过二十五年的人 |
[32:23] | Man… | 天哪 |
[32:24] | I have never heard such an eloquent defense | 我从未听过有人对违反间谍法 |
[32:26] | for violating the Espionage Act. | 做出过如此传神的辩解 |
[32:29] | Do you think she could go to prison? | 你说她会坐牢吗 |
[32:33] | Listen, | 听着 |
[32:35] | half the guys I knew on Wall Street | 我认识的华尔街人士中 |
[32:37] | should be there, but aren’t. | 有一半都该坐牢却依旧逍遥法外 |
[32:38] | If they try to take your mother for this… | 如果他们要因此事将你母亲定罪… |
[32:40] | hell, I’ll be the first one to man the barricades. | 跟你说 我第一个就去游行抗议 |
[32:44] | …in Iran, which, in turn, uncovered treason… | 在伊朗 我们意外地揭露了… |
[32:47] | So that’s a maybe. | 也就是说有可能了 |
[32:48] | …at the highest levels of American government. | 一场美国政府高层策划的叛国阴谋 |
[32:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:52] | I guess it is. | 我想是的 |
[32:54] | Forces had been unleashed to destabilize | 有几股势力打破了 |
[32:57] | the security of our country. | 国家的稳定与和谐 |
[33:03] | I put myself in harm’s way | 我冒着生命危险 |
[33:05] | to ensure the safety of our country. | 就是为了保护我们国家的安全 |
[33:09] | I… | 我 |
[33:13] | I would do it again, sir. | 一点都不后悔 |
[33:15] | So, Mr. Chairman, I’d say | 所以委员长先生 我想说 |
[33:17] | the only reason that we’re here today, luxuriating | 我们今天之所以能出席这里 |
[33:20] | in the smug banality of a Senate hearing instead | 操着陈词滥调 尽情享受开参议院听证会的权利 |
[33:23] | of ducking for cover an all-out war, | 而不是在战争中逃亡 |
[33:25] | is because I had the decency | 正是因为我顾全大局 |
[33:27] | to violate Section 793 of Title 18. | 违反了第793章第18条法案 |
[33:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:35] | No, let me rephrase that. | 不 请允许我重新措辞 |
[33:38] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[33:45] | Secretary McCord, | 国务卿麦考德女士 |
[33:46] | you are not dismissed. | 我还没有允许你离场 |
[33:49] | Truth is like a lion. | 真理就像雄狮 |
[33:51] | You don’t need to defend it. | 不需要你的保护 |
[33:53] | Let it loose, and it’ll defend itself. | 顺其自然 它必不证自明 |
[33:56] | See? I listen to you. | 瞧 我听你话了 |
[33:58] | Mmm, Augustine. | 这话好像是奥古斯汀的吧 |
[33:59] | And Augustine. | 我也认真听他的话 |
[34:01] | And Aquinas. And the Beatles. | 还有阿奎奈 披头士 |
[34:03] | And all the other guys you live by. | 所有你仰慕的人 |
[34:08] | Well, go big or go home, I guess. | 不鸣则已 一鸣惊人啊 |
[34:12] | It was the right thing to do. | 这么做才对 |
[34:13] | Totally. But if I can escort us back to Earth, | 确实 但请原谅我给你泼冷水 |
[34:15] | I just got confirmation that the committee is officially seeking | 我刚得到确认消息 委员会要以 |
[34:18] | to file charges against you for violating the Espionage Act. | 违反间谍法案的罪名正式起诉你 |
[34:23] | In the wake of the Secretary of State’s fiery appearance, | 紧接着国务卿激烈的言辞之后 |
[34:27] | Senator Caruthers has referred the Secretary’s testimony | 卡拉瑟斯议员已将国务卿的证词 |
[34:30] | to the Justice Department, | 提交给了司法部 |
[34:32] | which will be filing criminal charges… | 后者将据其提起刑事诉讼 |
[34:34] | Wait, what are you doing? | 等等 你干什么 |
[34:36] | Ugh, that stuff is just gonna stress us out. | 看这种新闻只会徒增压力 |
[34:39] | Come on. Who wants to settle Catan with me? | 好啦 谁想和我玩卡坦岛 |
[34:41] | Hey, guys. | 各位 |
[34:43] | How’s everybody doing? | 大家好吗 |
[34:44] | So… | 那个… |
[34:46] | so is Mom getting arrested? | 妈妈会被捕吗 |
[34:47] | I just talked to her. She had a few things to finish at work. | 我刚跟她通了话 她还有些工作要做 |
[34:49] | She’ll be back any minute. | 马上就回来 |
[34:51] | You didn’t answer the question. | 你在岔开话题 |
[34:55] | Okay, listen. | 好吧 听着 |
[34:56] | Your mom spoke truth to power today, | 今天妈妈面对强权说了实话 |
[35:00] | and that is a brave and rare thing. | 这很勇敢 没几个人能做到 |
[35:03] | No matter what happens, we’re all gonna be okay. | 不管怎样 我们都不会有事 |
[35:05] | So I want you | 所以我希望 |
[35:06] | to remember this day with great pride. You got it? | 你们要以今天为荣 懂了吗 |
[35:08] | These guys were champs, by the way. | 顺便说一句 他们今天表现很好 |
[35:11] | You, too, kid. | 你也是 孩子 |
[35:14] | What is that? | 怎么了 |
[35:14] | 亚瑟 你还好吗 想聊天我随时奉陪 | |
[35:17] | – Corn? – I want it. | -玉米 -我要吃 |
[35:18] | – No, no. – I want… Give it. | -不行 -给我 |
[35:19] | Thank you so much for doing this. | 真是太感激了 |
[35:21] | I would’ve reached out to the family myself, | 我是很想亲自去和他的家人联系 |
[35:23] | but it was awkward. | 但那会有些尴尬 |
[35:23] | I mean, with us not being able to find a home for it. | 毕竟我们都没法为它找到一个新家 |
[35:27] | This is what lawyers do. We’re lubricants | 这是律师的本职嘛 我们就是 |
[35:29] | for complicated social intercourse. | 复杂社交的润滑剂 |
[35:30] | That’s… appetizingly put. | 这句话真是 太恰当了 |
[35:34] | You know, I represented Vincent for 30 years. | 我给文森特当了三十年的律师 |
[35:37] | I knew him since college. | 我们还是大学同学 |
[35:38] | He was like a brother. | 我们亲如兄弟 |
[35:41] | And here… | 现在 |
[35:42] | he has this whole traitorous thing going on. | 他却成了叛徒 |
[35:47] | I thought he was a true patriot. | 我一直觉得他很爱国呢 |
[35:50] | Well, I guess in his eyes, he was. | 也许在他眼里 他是为了国家好的 |
[35:53] | You know, I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him, but, uh… | 我来是为了埋葬凯撒而不是赞颂他 但… |
[35:58] | you shouldn’t beat yourself up. | 你也别太自责了 |
[36:00] | He was a very charismatic enigma. | 他确实很有魅力 |
[36:04] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂你的意思 |
[36:06] | He told me everything. | 他什么事都告诉我 |
[36:08] | Well, not everything but, uh, you know… | 当然 叛变的事没有 但是… |
[36:11] | I honestly always thought you could do better. | 其实我一直认为你能找到更好的人 |
[36:14] | Now you got something going with the NASA guy. | 现在你和那个宇航局的人在一起 |
[36:17] | Good. Good for you. You deserve it. | 挺好的 你值得拥有幸福 |
[36:21] | Come on. It’s Washington. | 拜托 这里可是华盛顿 |
[36:44] | I got to say, I was surprised to get your text. | 我得说 真没想到你会给我发信息 |
[36:49] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[36:53] | …surprise. | 惊喜吧 |
[37:17] | Do you have something you want to talk about | 你是想跟我聊聊 |
[37:18] | or are you just… | 还是… |
[37:21] | wanting to do this? | 就想这样 |
[37:28] | I had to end my relationship because of my mom’s job, | 我之前因为我妈的工作而结束了一段恋情 |
[37:32] | and now she’s probably gonna go to prison, anyway. | 结果她现在说不定会入狱 |
[37:37] | I don’t know how I’m supposed to live a normal life. It’s… | 我不知道该怎么过正常生活… |
[37:41] | it’s just… | 只是 |
[37:43] | You’re the only one who gets it, you know? | 只有你一个人能懂我 |
[37:48] | I’m really sick of worrying about where everything is going, | 我真不想继续担心以后会怎么样了 |
[37:50] | and tonight I just don’t want to. | 我今晚不想再担心了 |
[37:54] | Then… don’t worry about it. | 那就别担心了 |
[38:28] | Thanks for coming, Bess. A lot to talk about. | 谢谢你能来 贝丝 有很多想跟你谈 |
[38:31] | I didn’t want to get into it on the phone. | 有些事我不想在电话里说 |
[38:32] | Just hoping you’re not escorting me to my new quarters. | 我只希望你不是过来送我去监狱的 |
[38:35] | Are you? | 你是吗 |
[38:36] | Just got word DOJ is not pressing charges against you. | 刚确认司法部不打算起诉你 |
[38:39] | Oh, thank God! | 谢天谢地 |
[38:41] | Willing to go to prison and being sanguine about it | 愿意进监狱跟对此保持乐观心态 |
[38:44] | are two entirely different camps. | 完全是两回事啊 |
[38:46] | They’re citing extraordinary circumstances | 他们表明了这是特殊情况 |
[38:48] | and the contribution to national security. | 你也对国家安全作出了贡献 |
[38:52] | Doesn’t hurt that your testimony strongly swayed public opinion. | 再加上你的证词强烈影响了公众舆论 |
[38:54] | Russell took a snap poll. | 拉塞尔做了个实时调查 |
[38:56] | 82% think you were justified in your actions. | 82%的民众认为你的举动合理 |
[38:59] | If I were Raymond Caruthers, | 如果我是雷蒙德·卡拉瑟斯 |
[39:00] | I would be running for the hills. | 就会夹着尾巴逃走 |
[39:02] | Marsh was confronted by Russell Jackson | 关于他想竞选总统一事 |
[39:05] | about his intentions to run for president himself. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊跟马什当面对质过 |
[39:09] | At that time, Marsh lost his nerve about the coup in Iran… | 那时 马什在伊朗的那场政变上畏缩了 |
[39:13] | She agreed to the deal this morning. | 她今早同意签协议了 |
[39:15] | Anything we want to know in exchange for her life. | 向我们提供消息以保住她的命 |
[39:18] | …he wanted the coup attempt to end, but Andrew and I… | 他想结束那场政变 但安德鲁和我… |
[39:21] | Late CIA Director Andrew Munsey. | 已故中情局局长安德鲁·蒙西 |
[39:23] | Yes. | 是 |
[39:24] | We weren’t about to pull the plug | 我们不想终止这项 |
[39:26] | on an operation we’d planned for so long. | 我们谋划已久的任务 |
[39:29] | It was decided that Marsh was now a threat | 马什被认为是该项任务的 |
[39:32] | to the operation, which had to be eliminated… | 一个威胁 因此必须解被决掉… |
[39:34] | Using a passive voice. | 她用的是被动语态 |
[39:36] | She’s… distancing herself from it. | 故意不将自己带入其中 |
[39:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:42] | Using information you acquired… | 利用你获取的信息… |
[39:44] | He’s a “threat.” | 他是个威胁 |
[39:46] | Not a person. | 而不是具有威胁的人 |
[39:48] | Her time in Baghdad changed her. | 她在巴格达的那段日子改变了她 |
[39:52] | It might have changed me. | 要是我 可能也会被改变 |
[39:54] | No. | 不可能 |
[39:57] | You’re made from different stuff. | 你跟她本质不同 |
[40:01] | …and figured out how to facilitate a similar incident. | 想出了制造类似事故的方法 |
[40:05] | Obviously, we were successful. | 很显然 我们成功了 |
[40:09] | George Peters. | 乔治·彼得斯 |
[40:11] | Tell us about the death | 跟我们说说 |
[40:12] | of CIA Operative George Peters. | 中情局特工乔治·彼得斯之死 |
[40:16] | George… | 乔治… |
[40:18] | When Marsh’s plane went down, George… | 马什的飞机坠毁后 乔治… |
[40:21] | he recognized the similarities. | 他发觉到了事件的相似性 |
[40:24] | He connected the dots. | 他理出了头绪 |
[40:26] | We became aware that he confided | 我们发现 |
[40:28] | his suspicions in our… | 他将这些猜疑 |
[40:31] | former colleague turned Secretary of State, | 吐露给我们的旧同事 当今国务卿 |
[40:34] | Elizabeth McCord. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[40:35] | Back to her. | 跟她说了 |
[40:38] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:40] | So I tampered with the microchip controlling | 于是我对他车里 |
[40:42] | the acceleration system of his car. | 控制加速系统的芯片动了手脚 |
[40:46] | It just looked like a single-car collision. | 伪装成了单车肇事的事故 |
[40:48] | He was becoming unstable. | 他当时情绪很不稳定 |
[40:51] | We didn’t think anyone would question it. | 我们以为不会有人怀疑 |
[40:56] | Remind her they were friends. | 提醒她 他们曾是好友 |
[40:58] | Wasn’t George Peters a good friend of yours? | 乔治·彼得斯不是你的挚友吗 |
[41:03] | I guess there was a time | 我想曾几何时 |
[41:05] | when we were all friends. | 大家都是朋友 |
[41:15] | A horse farm? Really? | 牧马场 真的吗 |
[41:16] | Uh, it’s how I was raised. | 我就在马场长大的嘛 |
[41:18] | Henry’s not from Virginia, is he? | 亨利来自维吉尼亚州吧 |
[41:20] | Doesn’t matter, he’s from rural Pennsylvania. | 无所谓 他来自宾州的乡村 |
[41:22] | It’s the same difference. | 殊途同归啦 |
[41:23] | He’s outdoorsy. | 他爱好野外活动 |
[41:24] | He’s got that whole chopping and digging thing… | 他懂砍柴挖土之类的… |
[41:26] | “Chopping and digging”. | “砍柴挖土” |
[41:28] | But the horses are all me. | 但马都归我管 |
[41:29] | Well, it sounds stultifying. | 听起来好乏味啊 |
[41:31] | And you have an open invitation anytime you want. | 你们想什么时候来玩都行 |
[41:33] | You don’t even have to call. | 不用提前打招呼 |
[41:34] | All you guys. | 欢迎你们都来 |
[41:35] | We’ll keep that in mind. | 我们记住了 |
[41:36] | Well, here’s to Elizabeth’s new life. | 敬伊丽莎白的新生活 |
[41:38] | And to our new Baghdad Station Chief. | 以及巴格达的新站长 |
[41:41] | – Yes! – Happy trails all around. | -干杯 -举杯庆贺 |
[41:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:44] | I’m completely unfazed by being the second choice. | 我完全没因自己是第二人选而不开心 |
[41:46] | Just amazed I was a choice at all. | 我被选上已经让我很惊讶了 |
[41:48] | Are you kidding? I’ve been on the receiving end | 开什么玩笑 我一直都被你 |
[41:49] | of your friendly interrogations. | 呼来喝去的 |
[41:51] | There will be no need for enhancement. | 不用让你升官 来继续摧残我吧 |
[41:52] | Thank you for your faith in my iciness. | 感谢你对我的冷血这么有信心 |
[41:54] | It’s true. You have that whole stern mother thing down pat. | 是啊 你身上有种严母的风范 |
[41:57] | In fact, you’re gonna be way | 等你有了孩子 |
[41:59] | ahead of the game when you have kids. | 你在这方面会更胜一筹 |
[42:01] | Which, by the way, you should really do. | 话说回来 你真应该生一个 |
[42:02] | Top of the list when I get back from Baghdad. | 等我从巴格达回来后 第一件事就是生小孩 |
[42:05] | Conrad, I am gonna be shorthanded. | 康拉德 我正缺人手 |
[42:06] | I hope you have some rabbits in your hat. | 我指望你给我挖几个人才过来呢 |
[42:07] | I’m bringing Isabelle back from London. | 我准备从伦敦把伊莎贝尔调回来 |
[42:09] | And, uh, then I have some ideas. | 我还有些其他想法 |
[42:11] | Mostly about overworking the two of you. | 主要就是尽可能压榨你们俩 |
[42:13] | Hey, pile it on. | 尽管来吧 |
[42:14] | My wife will be thrilled to have me home even less. | 我常年不着家 我老婆会高兴死 |
[42:16] | And I am not kidding. | 我不是开玩笑 |
[42:17] | – Oh, stop. – I’m not kidding! | -别闹了 -没开玩笑 |
[42:18] | – He’s not! – There he is! | -他说真的 -他来了 |
[42:20] | Sorry I’m late. The beltway. | 抱歉我迟到了 环路堵车了 |
[42:23] | Baghdad’s got nothing to compare. | 巴格达可比不了这里的交通 |
[42:25] | I tell you, I love his cool perspective. | 我很喜欢他独到的见解 |
[42:26] | Never a hyperbole in sight. | 不会言辞过甚 |
[42:28] | I don’t think anyone here values me for my low volume. | 我不认为在座各位重视我是因为我低调 |
[42:31] | So, where is my drink and who is my new boss? | 我的酒在哪里 谁是我新上司 |
[42:34] | Ta-da! | 这位啦 |
[42:36] | Elizabeth is running away to a horse farm! | 伊丽莎白要去马场隐居了 |
[42:39] | Really? What, I-I don’t check my e-mail | 真的吗 我就一个小时 |
[42:42] | for an hour and this is what happens? | 没查看邮件 就发生这种事啦 |
[42:45] | Thanks for your vote of confidence. | 谢谢你对我这么有信心 |
[42:47] | I’m just surprised. | 我只是很惊讶 |
[42:48] | It’s gonna be great. | 这会非常棒的 |
[42:50] | No, I mean, I love all my girls. | 不 我是说 我爱我所有的女性朋友 |
[42:53] | I do, really! | 真的 |
[42:54] | But sitting at a desk and-and… | 但坐在办公桌前… |
[42:56] | trying to decide which font to use. | 决定要选用什么字体 |
[42:58] | I’m surprised the dropout rate isn’t higher. | 我很惊讶离职率竟然这么低 |
[43:00] | All that saving your ass when you don’t listen to us | 都为了给你收拾烂摊子 谁让你不听我们的话 |
[43:03] | and go rogue. | 不按指示办事 |
[43:04] | That happened once, young lady! | 也就那么一次 年轻人 |
[43:06] | – I-I got six cities! – I-I got three. | -我就能说出六座城市 -我能说三座 |
[43:08] | Peshawar, Kandahar… | 白沙瓦 坎大哈… |
[43:12] | One more time. | 再次举杯 |
[43:15] | To the inner sanctum. | 敬我们内部指挥室 |
[43:17] | Colleagues, | 同事 |
[43:18] | friends, | 朋友 |
[43:20] | noble warriors. | 崇高的战士 |