时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | 芝加哥 1977年 | |
[00:06] | Damn. | 见鬼 |
[00:07] | This is going down. | 这事要搞砸了 |
[00:09] | He’s gonna kill us, you know. | 他会杀了我们 知道吗 |
[00:11] | He’s gonna kill us. | 他会杀了我们 |
[00:11] | Be cool, Tre. | 别慌 特瑞 |
[00:13] | Hands on the wheel. | 把手放在方向盘上 |
[00:18] | Evening. | 晚上好 |
[00:20] | Be cool. | 别慌 |
[00:22] | You know you’re driving with a busted taillight? | 你知道这车的尾灯坏了吧 |
[00:28] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 别 别 |
[00:30] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[00:41] | Tre, we got to get out of here. | 特瑞 我们得赶紧走 |
[00:43] | Tre. | 特瑞 |
[00:46] | Tre. | 特瑞 |
[00:48] | Tre! | 特瑞 |
[00:51] | The Cuban Foreign Minister has arrived at the embassy. | 古巴外交部长已经到达大使馆 |
[00:54] | He’s just about to start his remarks. | 正要发表讲话 |
[00:56] | He’s just gonna give the party line– | 他也就是那套固定说辞 |
[00:57] | America bad, Cuba good. | 美国差 古巴好 |
[00:59] | It’s the reopening of the Cuban embassy in D.C. | 这可是时隔54年 古巴大使馆 |
[01:01] | after 54 years. | 在美国重开 |
[01:03] | It’s historic. | 这是历史性事件 |
[01:04] | So we’re okay with giving the Cubans network airtime | 所以我们就让古巴占着电视直播 |
[01:06] | to broadcast propaganda? | 大肆宣传吗 |
[01:07] | I hardly think Foreign Minister Barzan | 我觉得巴尔赞部长 |
[01:09] | is gonna use his speech to America bash. | 不会在演讲里批评美国 |
[01:11] | Then why did we decide to skip the ceremony? | 那我们为什么不去参加仪式 |
[01:13] | Because opening Cuba is controversial | 因为解除古巴封锁一事很有争议 |
[01:15] | and Madam Secretary felt that… | 而且国务卿女士觉得 |
[01:16] | Didn’t trust that he won’t go all, | 我可不信他不会说 |
[01:18] | “Blah, blah, blah, the American embargo | “美国对我们的航运封锁 |
[01:20] | is a crime against the good people of Cuba,” | 是对善良的古巴人民所犯下的罪行” |
[01:22] | And she’ll be standing there looking like the bad guy. | 而国务卿会成为站在他身边的恶人 |
[01:24] | My, my, somebody woke up | 哇哦 看来有人 |
[01:26] | on the cynical side of the bed this morning. | 今早叫醒的是愤世嫉俗的自己啊 |
[01:28] | I just question the wisdom of negotiating | 我只是在质疑与一个将反对自己的人 |
[01:30] | with oppressive dictators who jail dissidents | 关进监狱的高压独裁者谈判 |
[01:32] | and prohibit free speech. | 是否明智 |
[01:33] | – Matt… ? – I know, you’ve explained your position. | -马特 -我懂 你解释了你的立场 |
[01:35] | And you have remained steadfast in yours, | 而你仍在坚持你的立场 |
[01:37] | which is troubling because I’m headed down to Cuba | 麻烦的是几天后我就要前往古巴 |
[01:39] | in a few days to reopen the American embassy there | 重开美国驻古巴大使馆 |
[01:42] | and you’re my speechwriter. | 而你是我的演讲撰稿人 |
[01:44] | Ma’am, I can keep my personal beliefs to myself. | 女士 我能把个人情感和工作分开 |
[01:47] | How I wish that were true. | 我真希望这是真话 |
[01:48] | I appreciate your candor, Matt, | 谢谢你的坦诚 马特 |
[01:49] | But my Cuba speech is too important | 但我的古巴演讲非常重要 |
[01:51] | to entrust to a writer who’s simply toeing the party line. | 不能交给一个墨守成规的人 |
[01:54] | – Ma’am… ? – It’s not punishment. | -女士 -这不是惩罚 |
[01:55] | I know it’s difficult to do your best work | 我明白在一个人不真心相信一件事时 |
[01:56] | when you don’t believe in the cause. | 很难发挥出最佳水平 |
[01:59] | I know that I would have a very hard time | 要是让我写一篇甘蓝有多好的文章 |
[02:01] | writing anything nice about kale. | 我肯定一筹莫展 |
[02:03] | Which is why I’m thrilled that you will be writing | 所以我很高兴你将负责 |
[02:05] | my remarks for the World Food Prize lunch. | 我在世界粮食奖午餐会上的讲话 |
[02:09] | So, uh… | 所以… |
[02:11] | Who-who’s going to write your Cuba speech? | 谁写你的古巴演讲稿 |
[02:13] | – I will. – Here’s the ambassador. | -我自己写 -大使来了 |
[02:15] | On behalf of the people and government of Cuba, | 仅代表古巴的人民和政府 |
[02:18] | I welcome a new day in U.S.-Cuban relations. | 我十分欢迎美国与古巴关系的新时代 |
[02:31] | It was nothing. No big deal. | 没事的 又不是什么大事 |
[02:32] | You were in a car accident, Alison. | 你出了车祸 艾莉森 |
[02:34] | – That’s a big deal. – Okay, look. | -这就是大事 -你自己看 |
[02:36] | Here’s the dent. You can barely see it. | 就是个小凹坑 不细看都看不出来 |
[02:38] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[02:39] | You-you posted pictures of your accident on social media? | 你把事故现场发到了网上 |
[02:42] | – Okay, that’s not the… – And you’re smiling? | -那不是… -你还在笑 |
[02:43] | Do you think this is funny? | 你觉得这很有趣吗 |
[02:45] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[02:46] | Alison was in a car accident. | 艾莉森出车祸了 |
[02:47] | – Okay, no. – What? | -并没有 -什么 |
[02:48] | I… I dented the fender on a concrete barrier | 我在商场的窄小停车位倒车出来时 |
[02:51] | backing out of a tight parking spot at the mall. | 在水泥墩上把保险杠撞了个凹坑 |
[02:53] | I took it in for repairs and paid for it myself. | 我用自己的钱送去修了 |
[02:56] | And told 2,000 of her friends but not us. | 还告诉了她的两千个朋友 却没告诉我们 |
[02:59] | I had to find out from Wayne at Accurate Autoworks. | 汽车修理厂的韦恩告诉我 我才知道 |
[03:01] | I told him not to say anything. | 我明明告诉他别多嘴 |
[03:03] | What? You asked Wayne to lie for you? | 什么 你让韦恩为你撒谎 |
[03:05] | No, I just said it’s not a big deal, don’t tell my parents. | 没有 我只说这没什么 别告诉我爸妈 |
[03:07] | My god. | 天哪 |
[03:08] | There was an accident and a cover-up. | 一场车祸外加一次包庇 |
[03:10] | It’s like having Nixon in our kitchen. | 她简直成了家里的尼克松 |
[03:11] | – Are you kidding? Nixon? – Okay. | -尼克松 太夸张了吧 -好了 |
[03:12] | – Why don’t you go upstairs. – Thank you. | -不如你先上楼 -谢谢 |
[03:14] | Let your dad and me talk, please. | 让我和你爸爸谈谈 |
[03:17] | Nixon? Really? | 尼克松 至于吗 |
[03:19] | There is a case to be made | 就算有什么事情 |
[03:21] | that she was being responsible. | 那也是她学会了负责任 |
[03:24] | You know, she took it in to the shop, | 她把车送去了修理厂 |
[03:26] | paid for the damages herself. | 花自己的钱修车 |
[03:28] | It was a misguided attempt, | 虽然动机不纯 |
[03:29] | but she was trying to be an adult. | 但她在学着做一个大人 |
[03:31] | But she’s not an adult. | 但她不是大人 |
[03:33] | And I’m starting to think | 我开始觉得 |
[03:34] | maybe she shouldn’t come to Cuba. | 或许不该带她去古巴 |
[03:35] | She shouldn’t be rewarded for this. | 不该为此奖励她 |
[03:37] | Well, you know, | 要知道 |
[03:39] | 48 hours of spotty to nonexistent Cuban internet | 48小时接入不了古巴那不存在的互联网 |
[03:43] | will be more than enough punishment for her. | 已经算是对她的重罚了 |
[03:46] | Besides, I think that getting away | 况且 我觉得带她出去转转 |
[03:47] | might be good for her, and, you know, | 或许对她有好处 而且 |
[03:49] | could maybe be good for you, too. | 可能对你也有帮助 |
[03:52] | Get your mind off of losing your student. | 让你暂时不去想失去学生的痛苦 |
[03:54] | – Yeah. – How’d you sleep last night? | -是啊 -昨晚睡得好吗 |
[03:57] | How about Markes? | 马克斯怎么回事 |
[03:59] | It’s pretty crazy, huh? | 很疯狂吧 |
[04:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[04:01] | It’s all over the news– | 新闻里全是这个消息 |
[04:02] | Markes is resigning. | 马克斯要辞职了 |
[04:03] | Senator Markes? | 你说马克斯参议员 |
[04:05] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[04:06] | Is resigning? | 他要辞职 |
[04:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:09] | Senator Gregg Markes is resigning? | 格雷格·马克斯参议员要辞职 |
[04:11] | Why does she keep asking me that? | 她为什么问个不停 |
[04:13] | Processing the ramifications. | 正在考虑这件事会产生的后果 |
[04:14] | – Which are? – I-I… Here, go. | -什么后果 -我… 你拿着 |
[04:17] | – I h-have to go. – Yeah. | -我得走了 -走吧 |
[04:23] | Your mom’s about to change the world. | 你母亲要去改变世界了 |
[04:27] | – What’s the latest? – So, Markes was… | -最新情况怎么样了 -马克斯 |
[04:28] | was pulled over for driving the wrong way | 马克斯在单行道逆行开车 |
[04:30] | down a one-way street | 被拦下了 |
[04:32] | and then failed a field sobriety test. | 而且没有通过酒精测试 |
[04:34] | And the woman who he was with… | 和他一起的那个女人 |
[04:35] | – who was not his wife… – had half… | -不是他妻子 -身上有 |
[04:36] | a half ounce of cocaine on her. | 她身上有14克可卡因 |
[04:37] | And Markes… | 然后马克斯 |
[04:38] | then tried to bribe the arresting officer | 试图贿赂交警 |
[04:40] | by telling him that he could give him a big promotion | 说如果他放过自己 |
[04:42] | if he made the charges go away. | 就给他升职 |
[04:44] | And all of that would’ve | 这就已经够糟糕了 |
[04:45] | – been bad enough except… – Okay, let me tell it. | -但是 -让我来讲 |
[04:46] | the whole thing was caught on video | 整个过程被一个认出他的人 |
[04:48] | by someone who recognized him. | 拍了下来 |
[04:49] | Sorry, Blake, I heard that part on the drive over. | 抱歉布莱克 我在路上听到了这一段 |
[04:51] | No problem, ma’am. | 没关系 国务卿 |
[04:51] | Being interrupted by you is a pleasure. | 被您打断是我的荣幸 |
[04:54] | But, uh, if I may, what does this have to do | 但是 我能否问一句 |
[04:56] | with the state department? | 这件事情和国务院有什么关系 |
[04:57] | Okay, what do we know about Markes? | 我们对马克斯有什么了解 |
[04:59] | – He was a cheater. – And a liar. | -他背叛了她妻子 -他是个骗子 |
[05:00] | Heads out of the tabloids, think policy. | 除了这些八卦呢 想想政策方面 |
[05:03] | He was head of the Foreign Relations Committee. | 他是外交关系委员会主席 |
[05:05] | Wait, so he was the man responsible | 等等 所以他负责控制 |
[05:07] | for controlling what came up for a vote. | 投票的提案 |
[05:08] | And he stymied us on Cuba last spring. | 去年春天 他还在古巴问题上阻挠我们 |
[05:12] | And now that he’s out of the way, you’re going to try… | 既然他现在要下台了 你就可以 |
[05:14] | Wait. Let Blake say it. | 停 让布莱克说 |
[05:17] | You’re going to try to bring a bill | 你要向参议院提交法案 |
[05:18] | to the floor of the senate and lift the embargo on Cuba. | 取消对古巴的封锁 |
[05:21] | And how cool would it be to announce that | 要是能在大使馆重新开放时 |
[05:24] | when we reopen the embassy? | 宣布这一消息 该多棒啊 |
[05:25] | That’s in 48 hours. | 那只有48小时了 |
[05:27] | Well, we better get to work. | 我们得马上行动 |
[05:45] | The entire eastern border of Ukraine is on high alert. | 乌克兰的整个东部边境都处于高度警戒中 |
[05:48] | And needless to say, after the cyber attack on his plane, | 而且不用说 经过那次对飞机的网络袭击后 |
[05:51] | President Bozek remains profoundly shaken | 博泽克总统依然为有人要暗杀他 |
[05:54] | by the attempt on his life. | 而感到非常不安 |
[05:55] | I have to hand it to President Ostrov. | 我还真得赞赏奥斯特罗夫总统 |
[05:57] | It would’ve been a masterstroke. | 这真是绝妙的一招 |
[05:59] | Decapitate the duly elected leader of the Ukraine, | 刺杀乌克兰即将上任的领导人 |
[06:01] | thereby clearing the way for a full-scale Russian invasion. | 为俄罗斯的全面进攻扫清障碍 |
[06:04] | We must push back, Mr. President, | 我们必须反击 总统先生 |
[06:06] | and push back hard. | 而且要用力反击 |
[06:08] | And your recommendation is? | 你的意见是 |
[06:10] | Dispatch U.S. Military advisers to Ukraine. | 把美国的军事顾问派往乌克兰 |
[06:13] | Send a message to the Kremlin | 向克里姆林宫摆明态度 |
[06:15] | that Ukraine and the U.S. stand united against them. | 宣告美国和乌克兰会联合起来对抗他们 |
[06:18] | I’m not sure that’s the message | 我觉得此时此刻 |
[06:19] | that we want to send at this time, sir. | 我们不应该传递这样的信息 先生 |
[06:22] | The Russians will view | 美国增兵基辅 |
[06:23] | the presence of American forces in Kiev | 会使俄罗斯认为 |
[06:25] | as an escalation that would have to be met in kind. | 他们也需要采取军事行动 |
[06:28] | Sir, this is one of those moments | 先生 这可是一个 |
[06:31] | that defines a presidency. | 能够定义总统成败的时刻 |
[06:34] | The Dalton White House must be seen as strong, unyielding. | 道尔顿统治的白宫必须强势不屈 |
[06:38] | Help me out here, Russell. | 帮我说说话 拉塞尔 |
[06:39] | I’m afraid I agree with Elizabeth on this. | 恐怕在这件事情上我和伊丽莎白看法一致 |
[06:42] | I thought you brought me into this administration | 我以为你让我加入本届政府是为了 |
[06:44] | to, in your words, “tighten the reins on foreign policy.” | 用你的话说 “收紧外交政策” |
[06:47] | Let’s set up a call with President Ostrov. | 我们给奥斯特罗夫总统打个电话 |
[06:49] | Perhaps a, uh, more personal approach | 或许利用私人途径 |
[06:52] | can do something to diffuse the situation. | 能缓和一下局面 |
[06:55] | Now, Bess, uh, you wanted to talk about Cuba? | 贝丝 你说你想谈谈古巴问题 |
[06:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:01] | Senator Markes’ resignation | 马克斯议员辞职了 |
[07:03] | releases his stranglehold | 他对外交关系委员会的控制 |
[07:05] | on Senate Foreign Relations. | 也就放松了 |
[07:06] | The bill to lift the embargo, it’s already passed the house. | 解除封锁的提案已经在众议院通过了 |
[07:09] | We just need 60 senators to prevent a filibuster. | 我们只需六十个参议员同意就能通过提案 |
[07:12] | You think you have the votes? | 你觉得你有足够的选票吗 |
[07:13] | Close. I mean, it depends on | 差不多 我的意思是 |
[07:14] | how much political capital you want to expend. | 这取决于你愿意投入多少政治资本 |
[07:16] | It could be done. | 这是有可能的 |
[07:17] | Think of the legacy you would leave. | 想想成功后你给后世留下的影响 |
[07:19] | A Cuba open to U.S. business interests, | 一个向美国商业利益开放的古巴 |
[07:21] | a-a toehold for democracy | 在我们曾经的死敌国家 |
[07:24] | in one of our most bitter enemies. | 为民主找到立足之地 |
[07:26] | The optics for your reelection campaign would be good. | 这对你下一次竞选很有好处 |
[07:29] | Plenty of American flags waving. | 会有很多人挥舞星条旗为你助阵 |
[07:31] | – Craig? – Florida has 29 electoral votes. | -克里格 -佛罗里达有二十九张选举人票 |
[07:34] | Miami is the key to locking those up. | 迈阿密是锁定胜局的关键 |
[07:36] | Why alienate the anti-Castro base down there? | 为什么要让那里的反卡斯特罗群众失望 |
[07:39] | Policy aside, the politics of this are suicidal. | 不谈政策 这种政治选择是自杀性的 |
[07:42] | Sometimes politics has to take a backseat to doing the right thing. | 有时候做正确的事比政治更重要 |
[07:46] | Sir, this is one of those moments | 总统先生 这确实是定义总统成败的 |
[07:49] | – That define a presidency. – All right. | -关键时刻 -行了 |
[07:52] | I understand that passions run deep on this issue. | 我理解 对这个问题你们都很有热情 |
[07:55] | But since it’s my call… | 但既然是我作决定 |
[08:00] | Hell, let’s make some history. | 管他呢 我们来创造历史 |
[08:03] | If you two can put the votes together, let’s do it. | 要是你们俩能把票数凑齐了 我们就干 |
[08:07] | Sorry, Craig. | 不好意思 克里格 |
[08:08] | This doesn’t seem to be your day. | 不能如你所愿了 |
[08:10] | It’s never about me, sir. | 这从来都与我个人无关 先生 |
[08:12] | I serve at the pleasure of the President. | 我只是为总统分忧 |
[08:16] | I can’t thank you enough for your support, Senator Armstrong, | 万分感谢您的支持 阿姆斯特朗议员 |
[08:18] | and as soon as Madam Secretary gets back in, | 国务卿女士一回到办公室 |
[08:20] | I’m sure that she will give you a call herself. | 一定会亲自给您打电话 |
[08:22] | Thanks. Yes. | 谢谢 太棒了 |
[08:24] | Hey, we got Armstrong. | 阿姆斯特朗同意了 |
[08:26] | Just five more | 只需要再多五票 |
[08:28] | and we have liftoff. | 我们就成功了 |
[08:30] | Micelli’s a maybe. He needs a call from the Secretary. | 米塞利不确定 他要国务卿给他打电话 |
[08:32] | – On it. – Hey, what’s going on? | -好的 -你们在干什么 |
[08:33] | Well, with Markes out of the way, | 马克斯辞职了 |
[08:35] | the President gave his blessing to lift the embargo | 总统支持撤销封锁 |
[08:37] | and now we just need to get the votes. | 我们现在正在争取选票 |
[08:38] | So Madam Secretary is up on the hill | 国务卿女士在国会山 |
[08:39] | and we’re calling senators, | 我们在给参议员们打电话 |
[08:41] | and we’ve been here all night | 我们在这待了一整晚 |
[08:42] | and I’ve had a lot of coffee. | 我喝了好多咖啡 |
[08:44] | Am I talking fast? I feel like I’m talking fast. | 我语速是不是太快了 我觉得是太快了 |
[08:46] | Why didn’t you guys call me in? | 你们怎么没有叫我 |
[08:47] | She’s writing the speech. | 国务卿在写演讲稿 |
[08:48] | A speech that just went | 一篇原本平淡无奇 |
[08:49] | from perfunctory to historic. | 现在却具有历史性意义的演讲稿 |
[08:51] | You’re right. Sucks to be you. | 说得没错 你真可怜 |
[08:53] | Lifting the embargo on Cuba is huge. | 解禁古巴可是大事 |
[08:55] | It could get Dalton a second term. | 说不定能帮总统连任呢 |
[08:57] | I have to be a part of this. | 我一定要参与 |
[08:59] | She’s going to need background and research and imagery. | 她会需要背景 调查和意象 |
[09:02] | That’s what I do best– verbal imagery. | 这是我的专长啊 文字意象 |
[09:04] | You know, to some, a simple schoolhouse whiteboard, | 告诉你 对有些人来说这就是块白板 |
[09:06] | but to those in the know, a referendum on democracy. | 但对行家来说 这就是民主公决 |
[09:15] | I hear you’re thinking about voting to lift the embargo. | 我听说你在考虑支持解禁 |
[09:17] | How can I help? | 我能帮上什么忙 |
[09:18] | Minnesotans have a lot to offer the people of Cuba. | 明尼苏达州能为古巴提供很多东西的 |
[09:22] | Few other midwestern farming powers share our proximity | 没有别的中西部农业州像我们这样 |
[09:25] | to the mighty Mississippi… | 更靠近伟大的密西西比河 |
[09:26] | Michelle, our kids go to the same orthodontist. | 米歇尔 我们的孩子看同一个牙医的 |
[09:30] | I consider you a friend, you can cut the speechifying. | 我把你当朋友看 所以不用跟我来套话 |
[09:33] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[09:34] | First dibs. | 优先权 |
[09:36] | First dibs? | 优先权 |
[09:37] | Specifically $100,000 in federal money to identify | 就是那十万联邦救助资金 |
[09:40] | existing and emerging opportunities in Cuba | 帮助我们在古巴寻找明尼苏达州 |
[09:43] | for Minnesota’s agricultural producers. | 农产品生产者们的机遇 |
[09:46] | Dan Sparks is already sponsoring a bill | 丹·斯帕克斯已经提请了议案 |
[09:48] | that would give Wyoming those federal dollars. | 要把这笔资金给怀俄明州 |
[09:51] | Well, that’s too bad then, isn’t it? | 那真是太可惜了不是吗 |
[09:55] | Michelle, I-I really need your vote. | 米歇尔 我真的很需要你帮忙 |
[10:00] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[10:05] | Dan, I need you to drop S.3487. | 丹 我需要你撤销3487提案 |
[10:08] | No way. | 没门 |
[10:09] | I’m giving you my Cuba vote so I can get in there | 我之所以在古巴提案上支持你 |
[10:11] | and scare up some business for Wyoming. | 就是为了能去那儿给怀俄明州找点商机 |
[10:13] | I’m gonna need that money. | 我会需要这笔钱的 |
[10:14] | Well, Michelle Porter needs it more. | 但是米歇尔·波尔特更需要 |
[10:16] | She should’ve sponsored her own damn bill then. | 那她应该自己提请议案 |
[10:18] | Come on, there has to be something you need | 拜托 比起花十万块而比竞争对手 |
[10:20] | more than $100,000 to send | 早一个月送几个人去古巴 |
[10:21] | a couple of guys down to Cuba a month ahead of the competition? | 你肯定有更需要的东西吧 |
[10:29] | I really need your help on this. | 我真的很需要你的帮助 |
[10:33] | Have you ever been to the Wind River Mountain Range? | 你去过风河山脉吗 |
[10:37] | I-I have not. | 我 我没有 |
[10:39] | Neither have millions of other people who love spending | 成百万想来国家公园度假的人 |
[10:41] | their tourist dollars in national parks. | 也没去过 |
[10:43] | Getting a national parks designation is a tall order. | 要被评为国家公园可不容易 |
[10:48] | How badly do you want this embargo lifted? | 就看你有多想实现这次解禁呢 |
[10:52] | The President would love to visit the Wind River Mountains. | 总统先生会很愿意去风河山脉转转的 |
[10:55] | He’s heard they’re beautiful | 他听说那里很美 |
[10:56] | and worthy of national park status. | 绝对配得上国家公园的称号 |
[11:00] | How does, uh, next Tuesday look | 下周二 我们开直升机 |
[11:02] | for a helicopter tour? | 去那转转如何 |
[11:04] | I’ve done a bunch of research | 我做了很多调查研究 |
[11:05] | and I jotted down some ideas for your cuba speech. | 简单写了几个你在古巴演讲中可用的想法 |
[11:06] | – I told you… – You’re writing the speech. | -我跟你说了 -演讲你来写 |
[11:08] | I know, but I have an idea that I wanted to swing by you. | 我知道 但我有个想法打算跟你说说 |
[11:10] | You’re adorable. | 你真可爱 |
[11:11] | – I am? – You disagree with the policy | -我可爱吗 -你反对这项政策 |
[11:14] | but you still want to write the speech anyway | 但你还是想写这次的演讲稿 |
[11:16] | because you think it may just have become historic. | 就因为你认为这件事能青史留名 |
[11:18] | And that’s adorable? | 这算可爱吗 |
[11:20] | Yes. In a self-serving, | 算啊 是种自私的 |
[11:23] | craven kind of way. | 怯懦的可爱 |
[11:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:26] | But I’m looking for sincere and heartfelt. | 但我需要的是真诚和动人 |
[11:30] | I sincerely want to help you write this speech. | 我真诚地希望能帮你写好这次演讲 |
[11:32] | I read your kale remarks. They need some work. | 我读了你的那份甘蓝讲稿 需要改进 |
[11:35] | It’s a first draft, maybe a second. | 这是第一版 也许你能给我份第二版 |
[11:36] | I’ll fix it, I will. But I have an idea that I think you’ll r… | 我会修改的 但我觉得我有个想法你可以 |
[11:38] | Matt, don’t tell me what you’re going to. | 马特 别跟我说我你打算做什么 |
[11:42] | Show me. | 得让我看到 |
[11:45] | Okay ma’am, that’s what I’ll do. | 好的国务卿 我会让你看到的 |
[11:47] | Porter and Sparks are firmly in the yes column. | 波尔特和斯帕克斯肯定会投赞成 |
[11:49] | Great. I-I will call Esposito | 太好了 我会打给艾斯伯斯图 |
[11:51] | and Russell and I are double-teaming Thornquist. | 拉塞尔和我会一起对付索恩圭斯特 |
[11:54] | Those two votes and that’s it, we get it. | 再加这两个 我们就成了 |
[11:55] | Ma’am, uh, your 3:00 is in your office. | 国务卿 三点的预约已经在您办公室了 |
[11:58] | Okay, my 3:00 better not be a senator | 好的 三点这位最好不要又是个 |
[12:00] | wanting something shiny in return for a vote. | 要我拿钱换投票的参议员 |
[12:08] | I’m not going to Cuba. | 我不去古巴了 |
[12:10] | Well, good afternoon to you too, noodle. | 你也中午好 宝贝 |
[12:12] | Dad’s still mad at me about the car and you’ll be busy, | 爸爸还在因为车祸的事生气 你又忙 |
[12:15] | so it’ll just be me and him. | 去了就只剩我和他了 |
[12:17] | He is really looking forward | 他真的真的很想 |
[12:19] | to spending time with you. | 和你共度一些时光 |
[12:20] | To lecture me on the perils of lying. | 为了能教育我别说谎 |
[12:23] | You’re being unfair. | 你这么说不公道 |
[12:25] | He’s the one being unfair. | 他才不公道 |
[12:26] | Stevie can’t go ’cause of her stupid microloans job | 斯蒂芬因为她那白痴小额贷款工作不去 |
[12:29] | and Jason has standardized tests. | 杰森又有标准化测验 |
[12:30] | Why do I have to be the only one going? | 凭什么就只有我得去 |
[12:33] | You know, I’m having a hard time | 面对一个想放弃近距离 |
[12:35] | ginning up sympathy for a kid who is getting | 接触历史性时刻的孩子 |
[12:38] | – a front-row seat to history. – But, mom… | -我很难同情你 -但是妈妈 |
[12:40] | No. Out. | 别说了 出去吧 |
[12:43] | You don’t want to lose me as your ally. | 你可不想失去我这个同盟 |
[12:46] | And whining is not working in your favor. | 抱怨对你可没好处哦 |
[12:49] | Look, your dad | 听着 你父亲 |
[12:50] | is going through a lot right now. | 最近很难过 |
[12:54] | A student of his committed suicide, | 他的一个学生自杀了 |
[12:55] | and he’s taking it pretty hard. | 这让他很伤心 |
[12:57] | Well, how would I have known that? | 我怎么可能知道呢 |
[12:59] | It’s not like he tells me anything. | 他又不会什么事都告诉我 |
[13:00] | It’s not easy for him to talk about, | 就是因为他很难开口 |
[13:03] | which is why I’m telling you. | 我才替他告诉你啊 |
[13:05] | Try to be understanding. | 理解一点吧 |
[13:06] | Try and muster some enthusiasm about this trip. | 拿点对这次旅行的热情出来 |
[13:11] | Because whether you like it or not, you are going. | 因为不管你乐不乐意 你都去定了 |
[13:31] | Hal… | 哈尔 |
[13:33] | You’ve been avoiding my calls. | 你不接我电话啊 |
[13:35] | I’m trying to enjoy my dinner, Russell. I’d invite you | 我只想好好吃顿饭 拉塞尔 本来我 |
[13:37] | to join me but we really don’t have anything to talk about. | 想请你一起 但跟你实在没什么好说的 |
[13:41] | You know Elizabeth McCord? | 你认识伊丽莎白·麦考德吧 |
[13:43] | – Hi. – I got both of you. | -你好 -两位都来啦 |
[13:46] | I must be the last vote you need. | 我肯定是最后一票吧 |
[13:49] | Idaho raises sugar beets. | 爱达荷是种甜菜的 |
[13:51] | Cuba’s biggest export is sugar. I’m a firm no. | 古巴出口最多的就是蔗糖 我不会同意 |
[13:54] | We can keep tariffs on cuban sugar high. | 我们可以对古巴蔗糖课以高关税 |
[13:57] | No way you can keep ’em high enough to protect my farmers. | 再高也保护不了我们的农民 |
[13:59] | Now why don’t the two of you just skedaddle, | 所以你们俩还是赶紧走吧 |
[14:01] | let me finish my dinner in peace. | 让我安静吃饭 |
[14:04] | See, I wish you’d taken my call, ’cause then I wouldn’t | 要是你接了我的电话就好了 我就不用 |
[14:07] | have to embarrass you in front of the Secretary of State. | 让你在国务卿面前丢人了 |
[14:09] | – Excuse me? – Sugar beets | -你说什么 -甜菜 |
[14:12] | Are the seventh-largest crop in Idaho. | 是爱达荷州的第七大农作物 |
[14:14] | You know what the sixth is, Elizabeth? | 你知道第六大是什么吗 伊丽莎白 |
[14:16] | – No. – Marijuana. | -不知道 -是大麻 |
[14:18] | Which is still illegal in Idaho, as I recall. | 我记得在爱达荷州大麻是违法的 |
[14:21] | – Russell… – And unless you want the DEA doing flyovers | -拉塞尔 -除非你希望缉毒局 |
[14:25] | of every farm from Boise to Coeur d’Alene, | 把从博伊西到科达伦的农场全部翻一遍 |
[14:28] | you will give the President | 不然在这件事上 |
[14:29] | your support on this issue. | 你就得投票支持总统 |
[14:32] | You know we do all we can to crack down | 你知道我们一直尽力 |
[14:34] | – on the pot growing. – Do I? | -打击毒品种植的 -是吗 |
[14:36] | ’cause the press release is gonna say | 因为新闻报道将称 |
[14:38] | the federal government had to step in | 联邦政府不得不介入此事 |
[14:39] | ’cause the state and local authorities | 因为州政府和当地机关 |
[14:41] | weren’t doing their job. | 没有尽到他们的责任 |
[14:45] | I know you got an election coming up. | 我知道你的选举马上就要到了 |
[14:47] | Tight race, by the looks of it. | 看起来势均力敌 |
[14:50] | Well… | 好吧… |
[14:53] | Got to hit the hay if I’m gonna be up | 我得回家休息了 明天我还得一大早 |
[14:54] | bright and early to vote to lift the embargo. | 去为解禁的事投票呢 |
[14:58] | Russell, I’d have you take care of my bill, | 拉塞尔 我本来想要你帮我买一下单 |
[15:02] | but that might look like you were buying my vote. | 但这可能看上去会像是你在买我的选票 |
[15:09] | Madam. | 女士 |
[15:16] | Cuba and the United States | 古巴和美国 |
[15:19] | end 54 years of hostility | 在道尔顿总统的任期内 |
[15:22] | on President Dalton’s watch. | 结束了54年来的敌对状态 |
[15:26] | I can see the campaign commercial. | 我已经能想象出竞选宣传广告语了 |
[15:30] | – Champagne, to celebrate. – Coming right up. | -香槟 我们要庆祝一下 -马上 |
[15:34] | W-what’s one of our yeses | 为什么一个要投票支持解禁的人 |
[15:35] | doing holding a press conference? | 在召开记者招待会 |
[15:38] | Can you turn that up, please? | 能请你把声音调大一点吗 |
[15:40] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[15:41] | …’77, Afeni Rahim was convicted | 77年 阿芬尼·拉希姆因野蛮冷血地 |
[15:45] | of the brutal and cold-blooded murder | 谋杀了芝加哥警官约翰·伯克 |
[15:48] | of Chicago PD Officer John Burke. | 而被定罪 |
[15:51] | She then escaped custody and fled to Cuba, | 之后她逃离关押躲到了古巴 |
[15:53] | where she has lived for the last 38 years. | 38年来她一直生活在那里 |
[15:58] | Mrs. Burke? | 伯克夫人 |
[16:07] | My husband was cruelly taken from me | 近四十年前 我的丈夫被人 |
[16:10] | and from his three little girls | 残忍地从我和我们的三个小女儿 |
[16:12] | nearly 40 years ago. | 身边夺走了 |
[16:18] | I would be doing a disservice to his memory | 如果我没有坚持将杀害他的凶手 |
[16:21] | If I did not continue the fight | 绳之以法的话 我就等于 |
[16:23] | to bring his killer to justice. | 在玷污我对他的回忆 |
[16:26] | Which is why I stand here tonight: | 这就是我今天站在这里的原因 |
[16:29] | to say, in front of this historic building, | 我要在这座历史建筑前宣布 |
[16:32] | that I will not vote to lift the embargo on Cuba | 我不会投票支持对古巴解禁 |
[16:35] | unless the Cuban government returns afeni rahim | 除非古巴政府将阿芬尼·拉希姆 |
[16:38] | to U.S. Custody. Thank you. | 交还给美国拘押 谢谢 |
[16:55] | Afeni Rahim was born Lisa Johnston in 1949 | 她1949年出生 原名丽莎·约翰斯顿 |
[16:59] | to Karen and Davis Johnston. | 父母是卡伦和戴维斯·约翰斯顿 |
[17:01] | She was on full scholarship | 她曾获得芝加哥大学 |
[17:02] | at the University of Chicago, | 全额奖学金 |
[17:04] | where she was radicalized in the antiwar movement. | 在那里她是支持反战运动的激进分子 |
[17:06] | She adopted the name Afeni Rahim | 在和美国黑豹党一起进行了短暂抗议后 |
[17:08] | after a brief stint with the Panthers, | 她改名为阿芬尼·拉希姆 |
[17:09] | then fell in with the Black Action Army. | 并且加入了黑色行动军 |
[17:11] | From the mid-to-late ’70s | 从70年代中后期开始 |
[17:12] | the group grew increasingly radical. | 这支队伍变得越来越激进 |
[17:14] | They were believed to be behind three bank robberies | 警方认为那场使她被捕的枪战之前 |
[17:16] | before the shootout that got her arrested. | 他们是三起银行抢劫案背后的主谋 |
[17:18] | How did she end up in Cuba? | 她怎么会到古巴去的 |
[17:20] | After her conviction and sentencing, | 就在她被定罪及宣判之后 |
[17:21] | she escaped from the courthouse restroom. | 她从法院的洗手间里逃跑了 |
[17:24] | Six months later she turns up in Havana. | 六个月之后她就出现在了哈瓦那 |
[17:26] | The Cubans view her as a hero | 古巴人把她视作一位 |
[17:28] | of the worldwide proletariat struggle. | 世界无产阶级斗争的英雄 |
[17:30] | We’re gonna need a pretty big carrot | 我们需要找到一个巨大的诱惑 |
[17:32] | to get Cuba to cough her up. | 以使古巴把她拘禁起来 |
[17:33] | Contact Justice, Treasury, Commerce– | 联系司法部 财政部 商务部 |
[17:35] | See if anyone has something that we can use as an inducement. | 看谁能想出我们可以用作诱饵的点子 |
[17:38] | – Yes, ma’am. – Yes, ma’am. | -好的 女士 -好的 女士 |
[17:38] | You’re gonna be pretty much alone up here. | 你将在这里孤军奋战了 |
[17:40] | Keep our coalition together. | 稳住我们的同盟 |
[17:42] | – No problem. – If any of | -没问题 -如果我们的支持者中 |
[17:43] | our yeses start to waver, | 有任何人立场开始摇摆 |
[17:44] | don’t hesitate to call me. | 不要犹豫 立刻打我电话 |
[17:45] | – Yes, ma’am. – Let’s go. | -好的 女士 -我们走吧 |
[17:47] | Just let me know how it’s going. | 随时告诉我近况如何 |
[17:47] | – Safe travels. – Thank you. | -旅途顺利 -谢谢 |
[17:49] | – Bye, Henry. – Bye, Nadine. | -再见 亨利 -再见 纳丁 |
[17:51] | Okay, Cuba trivia: | 好了 说点古巴的琐事 |
[17:53] | Did you guys know that Ernest Hemingway | 你们知不知道欧内斯特·海明威 |
[17:55] | wrote the Old Man and the Sea in Cuba? | 是在古巴写下的《老人与海》 |
[17:57] | – Yep. – And… | -知道 -还有… |
[17:58] | That he donated his Nobel Prize to a Cuban church? | 他将他的诺贝尔奖金捐给了一家古巴教堂 |
[18:01] | – Yep. – And… | -知道 -还有… |
[18:02] | In 1492, Christopher Columbus claimed the island | 1492年 克里斯托弗·哥伦布宣布这个岛 |
[18:05] | for the Kingdom of Spain and named it… | 属于西班牙王国 并且命名它为… |
[18:07] | – Isla Juana. – Yep. | -古巴岛 -知道 |
[18:09] | Is there anything you guys don’t know? | 有什么是你们不知道的吗 |
[18:11] | Well, that depends. | 这个不一定 |
[18:12] | Are there any car accidents we don’t know about? | 有什么车祸是我们不知道的吗 |
[18:14] | – Dad. – I’m sorry, you just set me up for that one. | -爸爸 -抱歉 那是你引着我说的 |
[18:20] | I know you’re catching a plane, you mind if I ride with you? | 我知道你要赶飞机 我能不能搭你的车 |
[18:22] | No, no. Come, uh, | 可以 可以 进来吧 |
[18:23] | – you know… – Russell, hi. | -你认识… -拉塞尔 |
[18:24] | Our daughter Alison. Come in, | 这是我们的女儿艾莉森 请进 |
[18:26] | Of course. Can we talk? | 当然 我们能谈谈吗 |
[18:30] | Yeah. Why don’t you listen to some music, sweetie? | 好的 不如你去听会音乐吧 宝贝 |
[18:32] | I’m not here. | 你们就当我不在场吧 |
[18:34] | The president’s not happy | 总统对于阿芬尼·拉希姆这事 |
[18:35] | about the Afeni Rahim situation. | 感到很不满意 |
[18:38] | Cuba’s supposed to be legacy-making. | 解禁古巴应该是我们将留下的政治遗产 |
[18:39] | Rahim’s a distraction. | 拉希姆的事分散了大家的注意力 |
[18:41] | Plus it means Sterling was right | 而且这意味着斯特林认为 |
[18:43] | about this being a bad idea. | 这个主意不好是对的 |
[18:45] | Maybe Sterling’s behind this. | 也许就是斯特林捣的鬼呢 |
[18:46] | You’re not here, remember? | 你现在不在这 记得吗 |
[18:48] | Oh, I’m just saying… W-why would Parisi | 我只是想说…帕里西何苦要 |
[18:51] | publicly challenge a president in his own party? | 公开挑战跟他同一党派的总统呢 |
[18:53] | What’s in it for him? | 他有什么好处 |
[18:54] | A chance to get Afeni Rahim back, right a wrong | 有机会把阿芬尼·拉希姆引渡回来 |
[18:57] | done to one of his constituents? | 帮他的选民宣扬正义 |
[18:59] | He mispronounced her name at the press conference. | 他在记者招待会上将她的名字读错了 |
[19:01] | I guarantee he’d never heard of her till yesterday. | 我保证他在昨天前根本没听说过她 |
[19:04] | And you’re suggesting Craig Sterling | 你是在暗示克里格·斯特林 |
[19:07] | found the officer’s family | 找到了那个警官的家人 |
[19:08] | and somehow convinced Parisi to go public | 并且不知怎么说服了帕里西 |
[19:12] | with the demand for Rahim, | 去公开要求引渡拉希姆 |
[19:14] | all to settle a score with us? | 这一切就是为了报复我们 |
[19:15] | He’s a politician. | 他是个政客 |
[19:17] | He didn’t want the policy. | 他反对这个政策 |
[19:18] | Sounds paranoid. | 听起来好偏执 |
[19:19] | Well, people lie all the time. | 人们无时无刻不在说谎 |
[19:21] | Oh, my god, dad, stop. | 天哪 爸 有完没完了 |
[19:22] | – What? – Hey, you’re not supposed to be listening. | -什么 -你不该偷听我们谈话 |
[19:24] | Yeah, but he wanted me to hear that. | 我也不想 但那话是故意说给我听的 |
[19:25] | Now you’re being paranoid. | 现在是你在疑神疑鬼 |
[19:27] | I seem to be in the middle of a family argument. | 我好像搅和进家庭纠纷了 |
[19:29] | Stop the car. I’m getting out. | 停车 我要下去 |
[19:32] | Just get the Cubans to hand over Rahim. | 务必让古巴交出拉希姆 |
[19:44] | Hey, I’m looking for Joseph Hoffman. | 请问约瑟夫·霍夫曼在吗 |
[19:47] | – Right there. – Thank you. | -就在那 -谢谢 |
[19:54] | Excuse me, Mr. Hoffman. | 打扰了 霍夫曼先生 |
[19:56] | I’m Matt Mahoney from the State Department. | 我是来自国务院的马特·马奥尼 |
[19:58] | We spoke earlier this morning? | 我们今天早上联系过 |
[19:59] | This thing really happening? | 是真的吗 |
[20:02] | Oh, the embassy reopening? | 重启大使馆吗 |
[20:03] | Yeah, it’s really happening. | 没错 是真的 |
[20:05] | And you’re looking for guys who were stationed there | 你在找六一年撤出的时候 |
[20:07] | when we left back in ’61? | 驻扎在那的士兵 |
[20:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:13] | Bunch of old geezers. | 不过是群怪老头罢了 |
[20:15] | Sir, you’re currently lifting more than I can. | 先生 您现在能举起的重量比我重多了 |
[20:20] | I’d hardly call you an old geezer. | 我可不会把您当成怪老头 |
[20:25] | How can I help you, | 有什么我能效劳的吗 |
[20:27] | Matt Mahoney from the State Department? | 来自国务院的马特·马奥尼 |
[20:32] | I regret that you weren’t able to attend | 很遗憾您无法参加 |
[20:34] | our flag-raising in Washington. | 我们在华盛顿的升旗仪式 |
[20:35] | It was beautiful. | 很壮观 |
[20:37] | Truly inspired beginning. | 真是鼓舞人心的开端 |
[20:38] | Really? Because I heard it was just another | 是吗 我可听说这不过是又一次 |
[20:41] | rehashing of Cuban propaganda. | 换汤不换药的古巴式政治宣传 |
[20:43] | Spoken like a true imperialist Yanqui. | 典型的美国式帝国主义言论 |
[20:47] | May I present the Minister of Education, Gladys Castillo. | 这位是教育部长 格拉迪斯·卡斯蒂略 |
[20:51] | Oh, nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识您 |
[20:53] | The Minister of Finance, Hector Varga. | 财务部长 赫克托·巴尔加 |
[20:56] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir. | 很高兴认识您 先生 |
[20:58] | The Minister of Sugar, Gustavo Rodrigues. | 蔗糖部部长 古斯塔沃·罗德格斯 |
[21:01] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴认识您 |
[21:04] | The Associate Minister of Sugar, Adolfo Menas. | 蔗糖部副部长 阿道夫·米那斯 |
[21:07] | – Pleasure to meet you, sir. – Uh, ma’am? | -很高兴认识您 先生 -国务卿 |
[21:10] | Just got off the phone with Justice — | 我刚刚与司法部通过电话 |
[21:11] | they approve the inducements. | 他们批准了交换条件 |
[21:13] | Manuel, I-I need to meet with your First Vice President. | 曼纽尔 我想与第一副总统会面 |
[21:18] | He’s a very busy man. | 他可是个大忙人 |
[21:19] | It’s about the embargo. | 与禁运有关 |
[21:22] | Did you get your hotheaded senator to back down? | 您让那个急性子的议员让步了吗 |
[21:24] | Not yet, but I think I might be able to. | 还没有 但是或许有办法让他退让 |
[21:27] | By asking us to give up Comrade Rahim? | 让我们交出拉希姆同志吗 |
[21:31] | If this is your intention, I cannot arrange a meeting. | 如果您是这么打算的 恕我不能安排会面 |
[21:36] | I’ve got this thing with my speechwriter. | 跟您说说我和我的演讲撰稿人之间的事吧 |
[21:38] | I don’t usually like his first draft. | 通常我都不喜欢他的第一稿 |
[21:40] | Or his second. But I love his third. | 第二稿也不行 但是我对第三稿很满意 |
[21:44] | So I’ve just started telling him | 所以我最近一直跟他说 |
[21:45] | to start with the third draft, you know? | 直接从第三稿开始吧 |
[21:47] | Madam Secretary… | 国务卿女士 |
[21:48] | I know you’re wondering where i’m going with this. Just… | 我知道您不明白我为什么要说这些 就 |
[21:51] | After six months of dealing with each other, | 我们打了半年的交道 |
[21:52] | you and I have a pattern. | 已经形成了一种模式 |
[21:54] | You say no, I strategize with my team, | 您不同意 我与我的团队商讨策略 |
[21:56] | come back with a different approach. | 提出新的方案 |
[21:57] | And in that time you’ve done the same thing | 而那时 你也已经做了同样的准备 |
[21:59] | and we’re closer. | 我们的方案更加贴近 |
[22:00] | After a few rounds of this, | 在几轮交手之后 |
[22:02] | what was once impossible is suddenly doable, | 曾经不可能的事突然就可行了 |
[22:04] | but I don’t have that kind of time. | 但是我现在没有那个时间 |
[22:06] | So let’s just skip the first two rounds | 所以就我们就直接跳过前两轮吧 |
[22:08] | and get me in to see your First Vice President. | 安排我和第一副总统会面 |
[22:13] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽力 |
[22:14] | – Great. – In the meantime… | -很好 -现在 |
[22:16] | The Minister of Coal and Mining. | 煤炭与矿业部长 |
[22:19] | Check it out, Noodle. | 快来看 亲爱的 |
[22:20] | That is our ride today. | 这是我们今天的座驾 |
[22:21] | A 1955 Chevy Bel Air convertible. | 55款雪佛兰贝莱尔敞篷车 |
[22:23] | Oh, my God, that is way cool! | 天哪 太酷了 |
[22:26] | They haven’t had American imports in Cuba | 大革命之后古巴没有 |
[22:27] | since the Revolution | 进口过美国车辆 |
[22:28] | so they got to take really good care of those babies. | 所以他们得好好保养当年这些老爷车 |
[22:31] | Like, if they get in a car accident, | 要是发生了车祸 |
[22:32] | – they don’t have the parts to fix this. – Dad! | -他们就没有零件可以替换了 -爸 |
[22:33] | What? I wasn’t referring to your accident. | 怎么了 我不是在暗指你的车祸啊 |
[22:36] | – Really. I was just making conversation. – Sure. | -是吗 -我好好跟你说话呢 -得了吧 |
[22:38] | Gracias, senor. | 谢谢 先生 |
[22:38] | Anyway, where are we going? | 随你怎么说 我们要去哪里 |
[22:40] | Okay, here’s the best part. | 这才是最棒的部分 |
[22:43] | Cuba’s a communist country, right, | 古巴是个共产主义国家 |
[22:45] | so they don’t allow religion. | 所以他们不允许信仰宗教 |
[22:47] | But despite that, | 尽管如此 |
[22:48] | these beautiful churches have survived. | 那些宏伟的教堂还是存留了下来 |
[22:50] | We’re touring churches? | 我们要去看教堂 |
[22:51] | Yeah, like we did in England. Remember that? | 没错 就像那次在英格兰一样 还记得吗 |
[22:53] | – Yeah. – Well, that was pretty fun. | -记得 -那次可有意思了 |
[22:56] | Yeah. | 是 |
[22:58] | Honey, if you want to do something else, we can… | 亲爱的 如果你想干点其他事 我们可以 |
[23:00] | No, it’s fine. | 没有 逛教堂挺好的 |
[23:01] | I just thought you’d be more excited | 我以为你会更激动呢 |
[23:02] | – ’cause we had such a good… – I totally am. | -因为之前那次玩得很开 -我超激动 |
[23:04] | Okay. So…let’s go? | 好了 那 走吧 |
[23:06] | – Yes. – And I’m gonna drive, ’cause… | -走 -我来开车 因为 |
[23:08] | And that was a reference to your accident, by the way. | 对了 刚才我就是在暗指你的车祸 |
[23:10] | I know. | 我就知道 |
[23:14] | Mr. Vice President, thank you | 副总统先生 非常感谢您 |
[23:16] | for agreeing to see me on such short notice. | 在那么短的时间内 答应与我会面 |
[23:21] | Manuel tells me that you wish to amend our agreement? | 曼纽尔告诉我 您想修改我们的协议 |
[23:26] | Why does that not surprise me? | 我怎么一点没觉得意外呢 |
[23:30] | We have an opportunity today | 今天我们有机会 |
[23:33] | to not just reopen our embassy in Havana, | 在重启美国在哈瓦那的大使馆的同时 |
[23:36] | but to lift the embargo | 解除禁运 |
[23:38] | and end decades of distrust between our two countries. | 并终止两国之间数十载的猜疑 |
[23:42] | And what will remove the American boot | 那么让美国移开 |
[23:45] | from the throat of the Cuban people? | 踩在古巴人民咽喉上的铁鞋的条件是什么呢 |
[23:49] | Afeni Rahim. | 安芬尼·拉希姆 |
[23:51] | So the rumors were true. | 所以传言是真的 |
[23:55] | Manuel’s generation makes a compelling argument: | 曼纽尔这一代人极力宣扬 |
[23:58] | trust the Yanquis. | 要相信美国人 |
[24:00] | We must have peace | 我们需要和平 |
[24:01] | so we can build an economy and help our people. | 这样我们才能建设经济帮助人民 |
[24:04] | But they weren’t alive | 可他们没有经历过 |
[24:07] | during the Invasión de Playa Girón. | 猪湾事件 |
[24:11] | I was there. | 而我当时就在那 |
[24:12] | I witnessed firsthand Yanqui treachery. | 我亲眼目睹了美国人的言而无信 |
[24:16] | And now, here you are, | 现在 您又出现在这里 |
[24:19] | true to your nature, | 忠于你们的天性 |
[24:20] | trying to get us to bargain away our honor. | 试图说服我们抛弃我们的荣耀 |
[24:24] | We currently have three Cuban nationals | 目前联邦监狱中 |
[24:25] | in our federal prison. | 关押着三名古巴籍罪犯 |
[24:28] | We’re proposing a simple swap. | 我们建议进行一次简单的互换 |
[24:30] | These three spies for Ms. Rahim. | 这三个间谍换拉希姆女士 |
[24:33] | My dear Madam Secretary, there’s nothing simple in this. | 亲爱的国务卿女士 此事绝不简单 |
[24:37] | The men you just spoke of are soldiers. | 你刚才说的这些人都是军人 |
[24:40] | They knew the risks when they accepted their mission. | 他们在接受任务时就清楚所面临的风险 |
[24:43] | Afeni Rahim, on the other hand, | 然而 安芬尼·拉希姆 |
[24:46] | is a hero of the people who came to these shores for refuge. | 是那些偷渡到这里寻求庇护的人心目中的英雄 |
[24:51] | General? | 将军 |
[24:52] | Por favor. | 拜托了 |
[24:53] | Manuel, I know you worked very hard on this agreement. | 曼纽尔 我知道你为这个协议付出了很多努力 |
[24:58] | But what kind of revolutionaries would we be | 可如果我们为了钱就出卖了自己的朋友 |
[25:00] | if we sold out our friends for a few pieces of silver? | 我们还算什么革命者呢 |
[25:17] | The current regime has instituted changes which allow | 现在的政府已经开始了一些改变 |
[25:21] | people to legally run their own businesses. | 允许人民进行个体经营 |
[25:23] | Manuel, I think we’d like to go back to the hotel, please? | 曼纽尔 我想我们还是回酒店吧 |
[25:25] | I bet you didn’t know | 我打赌你肯定不知道 |
[25:26] | that we have 201 legal self-employment categories. | 我们有201种合法的个体经营类别 |
[25:30] | For instance, number 35– restaurant owner. | 比如 第35种 个体餐馆 |
[25:32] | Manuel, please. | 曼纽尔 拜托了 |
[25:33] | This small restaurant, or paladar, | 这个小餐馆 我们管它叫 |
[25:35] | as we call them, is very popular. | 普拉达 非常受欢迎 |
[25:37] | I thought you might like to try some local cuisine. | 我想你会愿意尝尝当地的食物 |
[25:39] | Uh, it’s been a tough morning, | 今天早晨挺不顺的 |
[25:41] | and Secretary McCord doesn’t have much of an appetite. | 而且国务卿麦考德也没什么胃口 |
[25:43] | No, my dear. | 不 亲爱的 |
[25:44] | What’s on the agenda is a speech where I tell you | 按照议程 我应该给你们讲 |
[25:47] | that Cuba is thriving with new changes. | 古巴人民有多么想要迎来新的改变 |
[25:50] | But that’s a lie. | 可那都是骗人的 |
[25:51] | The average Cuban cannot survive | 普通的古巴百姓仅靠政府提供的 |
[25:52] | on the rations provided by the government. | 定量产品 很难生存下去 |
[25:54] | I love my country, Madam Secretary. | 我爱我的祖国 国务卿女士 |
[25:58] | And I want to see it thrive, | 而且我想让她繁荣 |
[26:00] | but that is not possible until the American embargo | 可只有美国永远废除了对古巴的禁令 |
[26:03] | is once and forever lifted. | 这一切才有可能 |
[26:05] | Now, my country may never hand over Afeni Rahim, | 我们国家可能永远不会交出安芬尼·拉希姆 |
[26:10] | but perhaps Comrade Rahim could be convinced | 可是或许有人能说服拉希姆同志 |
[26:13] | to return to America of her own free will. | 让她自愿回到美国 |
[26:15] | I- I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[26:18] | This paladar is owned by none other than Afeni Rahim. | 这个普拉达的老板正是安芬尼·拉希姆 |
[26:24] | And that is her. | 那就是她 |
[26:31] | I trust you have built up an appetite? | 我相信你现在有胃口了吧 |
[26:45] | It’s so graphic. | 太形象了 |
[26:49] | It’s finding light in the darkness. | 说的是在黑暗中寻找光明 |
[26:54] | Mom told me about your student. | 妈妈跟我说了你学生的事 |
[26:56] | She said it’s been hard for you. | 她说你很难过 |
[26:59] | I’m fine. | 我还好 |
[27:01] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[27:07] | – Hey, what are doing? – What? | -你在干什么 -怎么了 |
[27:09] | – Give me that thing. – To Instagram when we get back to civilization. | -把手机给我 -回去后发到网上 |
[27:11] | Come here. Do you have any idea | 过来 你知道这些人费了 |
[27:14] | how hard these people have had to work to preserve this? | 多大的努力 才把它保存下来吗 |
[27:16] | And you have the audacity to belittle their beliefs. | 你却竟然敢贬低他们的信仰 |
[27:18] | You have the audacity to… | 你竟然敢 |
[27:19] | How am I belittling anyone’s beliefs? | 我怎么敢贬低别人的信仰 |
[27:21] | I’m taking the picture because it’s beautiful. | 我拍下来是因为它很漂亮 |
[27:23] | You’re taking it to get “Likes.” | 你拍照是为了获得别人的”赞” |
[27:25] | You’re becoming someone who I don’t even know. | 你已经不是我了解的那个孩子了 |
[27:26] | Then maybe you should get to know me. | 那你或许应该多来了解了解我 |
[27:29] | I’ll be in the car. | 我上车了 |
[27:32] | Afeni Rahim. | 安芬尼·拉希姆 |
[27:34] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[27:36] | I’m Secretary… | 我是美国 |
[27:37] | of State Elizabeth McCord. | 国务卿 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[27:39] | I’m aware, and you’re here because my revolutionary brothers | 我知道 你来这里是因为哈瓦那的 |
[27:44] | in Havana told your government | 同志们跟你们的政府说 |
[27:46] | to stick it where the sun don’t shine. | 哪凉快哪待着去 |
[27:49] | Something like that, yeah. | 是的 差不多吧 |
[27:51] | Can I have a moment of your time? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[27:53] | White folks are always taking my time. | 白人一直在占用我的时间 |
[27:55] | I have an opportunity to lift the U.S. embargo, | 我有机会能废除美国的禁运令 |
[27:58] | but I need your help. | 可是我需要你的帮助 |
[28:00] | There are people who want you to come back to the U.S. | 有人想让你回到美国 |
[28:03] | to serve your sentence. | 接受惩罚 |
[28:04] | What if I could ensure | 如果我能保证 |
[28:06] | that you would be at a minimum-security prison | 你会在最低安全级别 |
[28:09] | close to your daughter in Connecticut? | 而且在靠近你女儿的康涅狄格州监狱 |
[28:11] | You have a grandson you haven’t met. | 你还有个未曾见过外孙 |
[28:13] | And you would be eligible for parole in three years. | 而且三年后你就能申请假释了 |
[28:16] | Wouldn’t that be convenient for you? | 这样你也太轻松了吧 |
[28:19] | I simply turn myself over to the Feds, | 我向联邦政府自首 |
[28:21] | and you get whatever it is you want. | 然后你们就能得到你们想要的了 |
[28:23] | Not just me. | 不光是我 |
[28:25] | Don’t you think you owe the Cuban people something | 你不觉得你欠了当初收留你的古巴人民 |
[28:28] | for taking you in? | 什么东西吗 |
[28:29] | You could singlehandedly improve their lives. | 你一个人就能改善他们的生活 |
[28:32] | The shooting of Officer Burke? | 枪杀了伯克警官后 |
[28:36] | The Chicago cops and the FBI had targeted us, | 芝加哥警察和联调局就盯上我们了 |
[28:39] | declared us enemies of the State. | 宣布我们是美国的敌人 |
[28:42] | They killed my friends, wounded me, | 他们杀了我的朋友们 打伤了我 |
[28:45] | arrested me, planted evidence, | 还逮捕了我 捏造证据 |
[28:47] | intimidated witnesses. | 恐吓目击者 |
[28:48] | I did not shoot that cop. | 我没有射杀那个警察 |
[28:52] | Never even raised my gun. | 甚至都没有举起我的枪 |
[28:56] | I’m sorry that he died, | 他死了我很遗憾 |
[28:59] | but two of my comrades died, too, | 可是我的两个同志也死了 |
[29:02] | and nobody is talking about that. | 但是从来没人关心过他们 |
[29:07] | He pulled his gun first. | 他先拔出的枪 |
[29:10] | We weren’t looking for trouble, | 我们当时并没有找谁的麻烦 |
[29:12] | but that has never stopped a cop | 可是警察们还是 |
[29:15] | from shooting black folks on sight. | 见到黑人就开枪 |
[29:18] | The all-white jury that sentenced you only took 30 minutes | 当时的全白人陪审团用了不到半个小时 |
[29:20] | to give you life in prison. | 就判了你终身监禁 |
[29:21] | That wouldn’t happen today. | 但这种事现在不会再发生了 |
[29:22] | We might have terrible Internet, but we get news. | 虽然我们的网络不好 但我们也知道新闻 |
[29:26] | So you tell me– was it different | 那你来告诉我 在特雷文·马丁 |
[29:29] | for Trayvon Martin, or Eric Garner? | 和埃里克·加纳的事上你们的做法有改变吗 |
[29:31] | Is it any different | 在密苏里州的弗格森 |
[29:33] | in Ferguson, Missouri, or Charleston, South Carolina? | 南卡罗来纳州的查尔斯顿情况有改变吗 |
[29:37] | No? | 没有吧 |
[29:39] | I didn’t think so. | 我想并没有 |
[29:44] | I need all FBI records pertaining | 我需要联调局所有有关 |
[29:46] | to the arrest and trial | 安芬尼·拉希姆1977年 |
[29:48] | of Afeni Rahim in Chicago, 1977. | 在芝加哥被捕及审讯的记录 |
[29:51] | Like I told your office, | 我跟你办公室的人说过了 |
[29:52] | you need to fill out the FOIA request. | 你需要填写《信息自由法案》申请 |
[29:56] | You’ll hear something in the next three months. | 然后三个月后等通知 |
[29:58] | Three months? Do you know what’ll happen in three months? | 三个月 你知道三个月里会发生多少事吗 |
[30:01] | Senator Koester from Missouri will realize | 密苏里州的克斯特议员会意识到 |
[30:03] | that the Arch is dirty, | 大拱门脏了 |
[30:05] | and he’ll want money to clean it, | 然后他需要钱把它打扫干净 |
[30:06] | but that money was already promised to Senator Tilden, | 可是那笔钱已经许诺给蒂尔登议员了 |
[30:09] | and if we lose Tilden, | 如果没有了蒂尔登的支持 |
[30:10] | we lose Moorehouse | 我们就失去了莫尔豪斯的支持 |
[30:12] | for reasons I don’t understand. | 其中的原因我也不清楚 |
[30:13] | So, would you please get me those records?! | 所以你能不能赶紧把那些记录给我 |
[30:17] | Like I said, you fill out the form, then we can proc… | 就像我说的 你填好表 然后咱们就 |
[30:24] | Okay, tell you what. | 好吧好吧 那这样吧 |
[30:27] | Maybe I can expedite those files for you. | 也许我可以帮你找找那些文件 |
[30:29] | Oh! Thank you. | 太谢谢了 |
[30:32] | I’m sorry. I’m… | 很抱歉 我 |
[30:44] | Blake, yeah, tell the secretary I got the files. | 布莱克 跟国务卿说我拿到文件了 |
[30:52] | Mrs. Thomas? | 托马斯太太 |
[30:54] | Matt Mahoney. Uh, we spoke earlier on the phone? | 马特·马奥尼 我们通过电话的 |
[30:57] | Of course! | 我当然记得 |
[30:58] | Oh, I’m so glad you came. | 我好高兴你来了 |
[31:03] | Bill is inside. He’s been so excited. | 比尔在屋里 他一直很兴奋 |
[31:07] | Bill? | 比尔 |
[31:09] | Mr. Thomas, it’s-it’s an honor. | 托马斯先生 很荣幸见到您 |
[31:12] | My old Marine uniform. | 这是我的老海军制服 |
[31:13] | – Oh, yeah. – What do you think? | -真的吗 -好看吗 |
[31:15] | I think I should let out the pants. | 我觉得裤腰得放宽一点 |
[31:18] | It looks… You look great. | 简直帅极了 |
[31:22] | Please sit down. | 请坐下 |
[31:23] | Yeah. Thank you. Oh. | 好的 谢谢 |
[31:25] | Last time I had this | 上次我穿上这一身 |
[31:26] | on was the day we left Cuba in ’61. | 还是1961年撤离古巴的时候 |
[31:28] | – Oh, what was that like? – The day we left? | -当时什么样 -我们撤退的那天 |
[31:31] | It must have been a madhouse. | 肯定是一团糟 |
[31:32] | Oh, it was, but not for the reasons you’d expect. | 的确是 但不是你想象中的原因 |
[31:35] | There was quite a crowd gathering, | 当时有好多人 |
[31:36] | so the Cubans sent a company of militia to protect us. | 所以古巴派了一支自卫队保护我们 |
[31:39] | But the crowd wasn’t violent at all. They wanted Visas. | 但是人群并不暴力 他们只是想要美国签证 |
[31:43] | No one wanted to be left behind. | 没人想留下 |
[31:45] | We closed the embassy January 3, 1961, | 我们在1961年1月3号关闭了大使馆 |
[31:48] | and we sailed out of the harbor that same night. | 当晚就坐船到了码头 |
[31:50] | Many of us had been there for years. | 好多人已经在古巴生活了好多年 |
[31:52] | Our lives were there. | 我们都在那儿有了自己的生活 |
[31:54] | We fell in love with the country, the people. | 我们爱上了这个国家和那里的人民 |
[31:56] | I met the love of my life there. | 我也在那里遇上了我的挚爱 |
[31:59] | I thought, a couple of years, | 我本以为 再过几年 |
[32:01] | Castro would be gone, we’d be back. | 等卡斯特罗死了 我们就可以回去了 |
[32:05] | But it’s been 54 years, | 但54年过去了 |
[32:08] | and we haven’t set foot in Cuba since that day. | 我们没有再次踏足过古巴 |
[32:15] | Well, that is about to change, sir. | 这种情况就要改变了 先生 |
[32:35] | His name was Ivan Kolashkov. | 他叫伊万· 卡拉什科夫 |
[32:37] | He was my student. | 是我的学生 |
[32:41] | And he killed himself. | 他自杀了 |
[32:43] | And I’m still… | 直到现在 |
[32:46] | dealing with his death. | 我还很难接受 |
[32:50] | He was only 26. | 他死时只有26岁 |
[32:52] | And I know you think that makes him an adult, but… | 我知道你觉得此举令他显得成熟 但是 |
[32:56] | it doesn’t. He was just a kid. | 并没有 他只是个孩子 |
[32:57] | He was smart, driven. | 他很聪明 努力 |
[32:59] | Stubborn…. like you. | 顽固 像你一样 |
[33:02] | And gay… and hiding it from everybody, | 是个同性恋 没对别人讲过 |
[33:05] | including his parents and his friends. | 即使是他的父母和朋友 |
[33:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:08] | It’s not your fault he killed himself. | 他自杀不是你的错 |
[33:10] | You were just his teacher. | 你只是他的老师 |
[33:13] | I’m having a tough time with this. | 我一直良心不安 |
[33:15] | I haven’t been sleeping well. | 我睡不好觉 |
[33:17] | – Really? – Yeah, I’ve been watching | -真的吗 -真的 我经常 |
[33:19] | a lot of Gunsmoke in the middle of the night. | 在半夜看《荒野大镖客》 |
[33:21] | What’s Gunsmoke? | 什么《荒野大镖客》 |
[33:25] | It’s… an old TV show. | 是部老电视剧 |
[33:27] | It’s a Western. | 西部片 |
[33:27] | I liked it when I was a kid. | 我小时候爱看 |
[33:30] | It’s weird to think of you as a kid. | 把你想象成小孩子好奇怪 |
[33:32] | Well, it’s weird to think of you as an adult. | 把你想象成大人才奇怪 |
[33:37] | I should have told you about the car. | 我应该告诉你那汽车的事 |
[33:38] | I understand you wanting to fix the car– | 我明白你想要修那辆车 |
[33:41] | you want to grow up, | 你想要长大 |
[33:42] | you want to have more responsibility– but… | 你想承担更多责任 但是 |
[33:45] | don’t be in such a rush. | 别这么着急 |
[33:47] | Once you grow up, things get really complicated. | 你一旦长大 事情就会变得很复杂 |
[33:50] | Today I just wanted to go back in time to our trip to England | 现在我只想回到我们在英国的时候 |
[33:52] | when touring churches was our thing. | 参观教堂是我们最爱做的事 |
[33:55] | You should wake me up the next time you watch Gunsmoke. | 再看《荒野大镖客》的时候记得叫醒我 |
[33:58] | Maybe that can be our thing. | 没准会变成我们最爱做的事 |
[34:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:02] | So, where to now? | 那现在我们去哪儿 |
[34:07] | It’s up to you. | 你说了算 |
[34:09] | No way! | 真的吗 |
[34:09] | You’re drivin’. | 你来开车 |
[34:12] | Just don’t kill me, cause if you do Oh… | 别害死我就行 你要是真害死我 |
[34:14] | How do you turn this thing on, Dad? | 这东西怎么启动 爸爸 |
[34:15] | your mother will kill you. | 你妈会杀了你的 |
[34:18] | Afeni. | 安芬尼 |
[34:20] | I thought I made myself clear. | 我以为我说的够清楚的了 |
[34:27] | What she wants more than anything is a soapbox. | 她最想要的是发表演说 |
[34:30] | This isn’t only about justice for herself. | 不仅仅是为自己寻求正义 |
[34:31] | It’s bigger than that, and she knows it. | 其意义不止于此 她知道的 |
[34:33] | Remind her that she’s a revolutionary. | 你要提醒她自己是个革命者 |
[34:39] | Under COINTELPRO, | 根据反间谍计划 |
[34:42] | the FBI wiretapped your defense team | 联邦调查局窃听了你的抵抗小组 |
[34:45] | and they suppressed forensic evidence | 他们还扣下了能证明 |
[34:46] | that made it clear you didn’t fire the murder weapon. | 你没有使用凶器的物证 |
[34:50] | Afeni, based on these findings, | 安芬尼 根据这些发现 |
[34:52] | Attorney General Cronenberg is offering you a new trial. | 柯南伯格司法部长想要重新审理你的案子 |
[34:55] | And we will make sure that these files | 我们能保证这些文件 |
[34:59] | are splashed across every newspaper in the country. | 见于各大报纸 |
[35:03] | You’re right– | 你说得对 |
[35:04] | there are a lot of things that haven’t changed | 你发动革命之后 |
[35:05] | since your revolution. | 很多事都没变 |
[35:07] | But if you hope to make any difference now, | 但如果你希望有所改变 |
[35:09] | it won’t be here in this restaurant. | 坐在这间餐馆里可没戏 |
[35:12] | Come back to the States, face a jury of your peers, | 回到美国来 面对陪审团 |
[35:15] | and you’ll have the eyes and ears of the entire nation. | 全国人民都会关注这事的 |
[35:34] | Our diplomats will be more effective | 对于美国公民需要的帮助 |
[35:37] | in responding to American citizens who need help | 我们的外交官会更加高效 |
[35:41] | or when responding to American citizens who need help? | 还是当美国人民需要帮助的时候 |
[35:44] | When. | 当 |
[35:47] | But, see, I think in is better. | 但我觉得前一句更好 |
[35:49] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[35:51] | When implies American citizens will need help. | 用当字说明美国人民需要帮助 |
[35:56] | But in is so… | 但是前一句感觉 |
[35:58] | noncommittal. | 态度不太明确 |
[35:59] | Do you think that in is noncommittal, like…? | 你觉不觉得 |
[36:02] | I’m gonna stay noncommittal on that. | 我对此就不表明态度了 |
[36:07] | When is better. | 后一句好一点 |
[36:08] | You’re right. Thank you. | 你说得对 谢谢你 |
[36:10] | Your speech is perfect. | 你的讲话太好了 |
[36:12] | And so are you. Here. | 你也很好 给你 |
[36:14] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[36:16] | Alison and I cut our church tour short, | 我和艾莉森缩短了我们的教堂之旅 |
[36:18] | stopped at an outdoor flea market– she picked it out. | 去了一个跳蚤市场 这是她挑的 |
[36:21] | It’s beautiful! | 真好看 |
[36:23] | She suggested that… you could wear it today | 她建议你今天戴上 |
[36:26] | as a symbol of Cuba’s nascent entrepreneurship. | 以象征古巴的新生的创业精神 |
[36:31] | She said nascent? | 她说了”新生的”这个词 |
[36:34] | Maybe it’s an SAT word. | 或许是高考专用词 |
[36:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:38] | I think we underestimate her. | 我想我们低估了她 |
[36:40] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[36:42] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[36:44] | Like you’re ready to make some history. | 感觉你已经准备好创造历史了 |
[36:46] | But do I look hot? | 看上去性感吗 |
[36:47] | Hot as could be. | 辣到不行 |
[36:50] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[36:51] | for your hard work returning | 努力帮助遣返一个 |
[36:52] | a dangerous fugitive to face justice. | 危险逃犯接受正义审判 |
[36:54] | Yeah, I wish you’d come to me first | 真希望你在公开此事之前 |
[36:56] | before going public– we could work something out. | 来找我 我们可以谈谈的 |
[36:59] | I will keep that in mind in the future. | 之后我会记住这样做的 |
[37:02] | You don’t have a future. | 你已经没有以后了 |
[37:04] | At least not with this administration. | 至少没机会和我们这个 |
[37:07] | An administration that still controls | 掌管政党财政大权的机构 |
[37:09] | the party purse strings. | 合作了 |
[37:10] | So that reelection campaign you got coming up… | 所以之后你的连任竞选 |
[37:13] | you’re gonna be out there on your own. | 就只能靠你自己了 |
[37:16] | The president doesn’t appreciate being publicly strong-armed, | 总统不喜欢被媒体挟持 |
[37:19] | and neither do I. | 我也不喜欢 |
[37:22] | Nice talk. | 聊的很愉快 |
[37:24] | See you in there. | 回头见 |
[37:26] | Afeni Rahim is in the air, accompanied by federal marshals, | 安芬尼·拉希姆已在联邦法警陪同下登机 |
[37:30] | the senate just approved lifting the embargo, | 参议院刚刚同意解除禁运 |
[37:32] | and the president will be signing the bill | 在你演讲的时候 |
[37:33] | as you’re giving your speech. | 总统就会签署法案 |
[37:35] | We actually pulled it off. | 我们已经圆满完成了任务 |
[37:35] | Excellent work. And no surprises coming out of left field. | 很好 外界也没有什么意外 |
[37:38] | There is one. | 还是有 |
[37:40] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[37:42] | I’d like you to meet Staff Sergeant Bill Thomas | 我向您介绍陆军上士比尔·托马斯 |
[37:44] | and PFC Joseph Hoffman. | 还有陆军一等兵约瑟夫·霍夫曼 |
[37:47] | These were the two Marines that lowered the American flag | 1961年大使馆关闭的时候 |
[37:49] | when the embassy closed in 1961. | 就是这两位海军陆战队员降下了国旗 |
[37:52] | I thought they should be here today when we raise it again. | 我想今天重新升旗他们应该做见证人 |
[37:55] | Gentlemen, it’s an honor to meet you. | 两位 很高兴见到你们 |
[37:58] | I can’t imagine two people I’d rather have here today. | 我没料到今天还能见到二位 |
[38:01] | Happy to serve. | 很高兴效劳 |
[38:02] | Never thought I’d see this day. | 没想到我还能盼到这一天 |
[38:04] | Gentlemen, if you’ll follow me, | 二位 如果你们愿意的话 |
[38:05] | I’ll show you to your place. | 我可以带你们进去 |
[38:11] | Nice work. | 干得好 |
[38:14] | In case you’d like to introduce them, | 以防万一你想介绍他们 |
[38:16] | I wrote a little something. | 我写了一份稿子 |
[38:20] | It’s my third draft. | 这是我的第三稿 |
[38:25] | Today the United States and Cuba begin a new chapter. | 今天美国和古巴翻开了新的篇章 |
[38:30] | We may have different views on many topics, | 我们在很多问题上持不同意见 |
[38:34] | but we need not feel threatened by our differences. | 但我们不必为观点的不同感到威胁 |
[38:37] | In the spirit of new beginnings, | 本着新开始的这种精神 |
[38:40] | the U.S. Senate has just voted | 美国参议院刚刚投票通过 |
[38:43] | to lift the 54-year trade embargo on Cuba. | 取消对古巴54年来的贸易禁运 |
[38:51] | This bold act by President Dalton | 这是道尔顿总统的大胆之举 |
[38:53] | should be a symbol to every Cuban… | 向所有古巴人释放出信号 |
[38:57] | that the United States intends to leave the past behind… | 美国将不计前嫌… |
[39:01] | Good of you to be here. | 你来了真好 |
[39:03] | I know you weren’t in favor of this. | 我知道你并不赞成此事 |
[39:04] | Come on, Russell, at the end of the day | 拜托 拉塞尔 事情结束了 |
[39:07] | it’s a win for the president, | 总统的策略成功了 |
[39:08] | and that’s all that really matters. | 这才是最重要的啊 |
[39:25] | I stand here not only because of the visionary leadership | 我不仅仅是为了两国总统愿景 |
[39:28] | of President Dalton and his Cuban counterparts… | 才站在这里 |
[39:32] | but also because of the passion | 更是为了那些 |
[39:34] | and commitment of so many others | 为促成这一成果 |
[39:36] | who have given of themselves to make this happen. | 而不停努力的人们 |
[39:40] | Today… | 今天 |
[39:42] | …as we once again raise our flag over the embassy, | 当我们再次升起驻古巴大使馆的旗帜时 |
[39:46] | let’s remember the day it was taken down, | 我们还需铭记它被降下的那天 |
[39:49] | and the hardships that followed, | 还有那之后一切的艰难困苦 |
[39:52] | and vow to keep alive the promise of American ideals | 发誓要持续保持 |
[39:56] | that this flag symbolizes. | 旗帜所代表的美国理想 |
[39:59] | Freedom from oppression. | 反对压迫 |
[40:02] | Freedom of expression. | 言论自由 |
[40:05] | And the hope for a bright future. | 期盼光明的未来 |
[40:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:10] | Still think this is a bad idea? | 还觉得这是个坏主意吗 |
[41:13] | Free Afeni! Free Afeni! Free Afeni! | 释放安芬尼 释放安芬尼 |
[41:19] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[41:20] | Free Afeni! Free Afreni! | 释放安芬尼 释放安芬尼 |
[41:31] | I’d like to make a brief statement. | 我想做一个简短发言 |
[41:46] | I thought some good Cuban rum | 我想用很棒的古巴朗姆酒 |
[41:48] | might be the perfect way to toast our victory. | 来庆祝胜利最合适不过了 |
[41:52] | It is. Thank you. | 的确 多谢 |
[41:56] | And nothing like a morning shot of rum. | 什么都比不上早起喝一杯朗姆酒 |
[41:59] | I was thinking later. | 我是想之后喝的 |
[42:02] | Like when it’s not… | 比如不是… |
[42:03] | 9:00 A.M. | 早上九点钟的时候 |
[42:05] | Drink up. | 干杯 |
[42:07] | You’re gonna need it. | 你会需要它的 |
[42:14] | Henry was right… | 亨利说的对 |
[42:15] | about Sterling being behind Parisi’s attempt to scuttle Cuba. | 关于斯特林背着帕里西试图摧毁古巴 |
[42:20] | I noticed the two of them getting chummy | 我发现在签字仪式上 |
[42:21] | at the signing ceremony, so I reached out | 他们很亲昵 所以我联系了 |
[42:23] | to one of Parisi’s staffers… | 帕里西的一名员工 |
[42:26] | who confirmed a call a few days ago… | 他确认几天前 |
[42:29] | between Sterling and Parisi. | 他们两人通过电话 |
[42:32] | Ten minutes later, | 十分钟后 |
[42:33] | Parisi mobilized his whole staff to track down the cop’s wife. | 帕里西让他的全体员工去找警察的妻子 |
[42:38] | But why? | 但这是为什么呢 |
[42:39] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[42:42] | what could Sterling offer Parisi? | 斯特林给帕里西开了什么价码 |
[42:45] | Apparently, a cabinet post in Dalton’s second term. | 很显然是达尔顿第二任期的内阁职位 |
[42:49] | Sterling went behind the president’s back | 斯特林背着总统 |
[42:52] | and worked directly against him. | 做着反对他的事 |
[42:54] | If I were a paranoid man, | 我疑心有点重 |
[42:55] | I’d say Sterling wanted to scuttle lifting the embargo | 觉得斯特林想要破坏禁运的解禁 |
[42:58] | not only ’cause he didn’t believe in it, | 不仅仅是因为他不相信古巴人 |
[43:00] | but because we did, | 更是因为我们相信古巴人 |
[43:03] | and Dalton listened to us. | 而达尔顿会听我们的意见 |
[43:05] | He wants to be the only voice in the president’s ear, | 他想成为总统身边的唯一声音 |
[43:07] | so he tried to make us look bad. | 所以他想把我们的事情搞砸 |
[43:17] | I don’t think that’s paranoid. | 我觉得你没有多想 |
[43:25] | What do we do now? | 我们现在该怎么办 |
[43:30] | We bury him. | 搞垮他 |