时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’m definitely putting Middlebury on my list. | 我肯定要申请明德学院 |
[00:04] | Vermont is really cold in the winter. | 佛蒙特州的冬天可是真心冷 |
[00:07] | Which is why I also have UCLA on here. | 所以我也要申请加州大学洛杉矶分校 |
[00:09] | Hollywood, baby. | 进军好莱坞哦亲 |
[00:10] | For the first of, | 这可能是 |
[00:11] | I’m sure many times over the next couple of years, | 接下来几年无数次中的第一次 |
[00:14] | I have to ask, what is wrong with UVA? | 我得问问你 维吉尼亚大学有什么不好 |
[00:18] | – Yeah, you are a legacy… – Twice. | -你在那是传奇 -两次都是 |
[00:21] | Yeah, I got my degree and met the love of my life. | 可不 我在那毕业还遇到了此生真爱 |
[00:23] | See? Greatest twofer ever. | 瞧瞧 最佳买一送一 |
[00:26] | You should consider Georgetown. | 你该考虑申请乔治敦大学 |
[00:27] | I’m really happy there. | 我在那很开心 |
[00:28] | Okay, thank you, McCords, | 谢谢你们 麦考德们 |
[00:30] | but I would like to go out of state and blaze a new trail. | 但我想去外州开辟新历程 |
[00:33] | I know, but do you have to blaze | 我懂 但你开辟新历程 |
[00:35] | all the way to California? | 也不用一下开辟到加州去吧 |
[00:37] | Yeah. Hey, Jason, | 杰森 你好啊 |
[00:38] | you’ll consider UVA, right? | 你会考虑申请维吉尼亚大学的对吧 |
[00:39] | We need another Wahoo in the family. | 咱们家需要再有个Wahoo |
[00:42] | Okay, the nickname itself is reason to cross it off the list. | 就为了这称呼也不能申请啊 |
[00:45] | I’m not going to college, so… | 我不准备上大学 所以… |
[00:47] | And may I ask why? | 我能问问为什么吗 |
[00:50] | Academia’s a shell game that only rich kids can win. | 学术界里只有富二代才能出人头地 |
[00:54] | It’s a student debt factory | 不然的话就是个积累债务的工厂 |
[00:55] | that imparts no real wisdom or skills. | 根本不会传授智慧或者技能 |
[00:58] | It’s a racket. | 简直就是个骗局 |
[00:58] | That’s what I thought, too, | 我在走入现实社会前 |
[01:00] | until I actually got out in the real world. | 也是这么想的 |
[01:02] | We already have a college fund all set aside. | 我们已经把大学教育基金准备好了 |
[01:05] | College expenses will outpace anything you’ve saved. | 学费永远比存款涨得快 |
[01:08] | Do you really want to mortgage your retirement | 你们真打算放弃退休金 |
[01:09] | so I can extend my childhood for four years | 就为了我能再幼稚四年 |
[01:12] | going to keggers and pledging a frat? | 喝喝小酒然后加入个兄弟会吗 |
[01:15] | Now, that’s a good point. | 这说得还有点道理 |
[01:16] | – When you put it that way. How much is in the college fund? – A lot. | -既然说到这 教育基金有多少钱 -好多钱 |
[01:18] | – Enough so that we could sail around the world? – Heck yeah. | -够我们去周游世界吗 -特别够 |
[01:20] | Because I’ve always wanted to see the Galapagos Islands. | 因为我一直想去加拉帕戈斯群岛看看 |
[01:21] | Yeah, heck, we could go on… | 可不 还可以去… |
[01:22] | – You’re making fun of me. – A little bit. | -你们在取笑我 -是有点 |
[01:23] | You know what? | 你们知道吗 |
[01:24] | I don’t have to take advice from you, Professor. | 我可不用听你的建议 教授大人 |
[01:27] | First, you were a puppet for big business, | 你一开始是大企业的傀儡 |
[01:29] | and now you’re working for the military-industrial complex. | 现在又投身军工这个大染缸 |
[01:32] | How’s that for a twofer? | 你这两回搞得可真行 |
[01:37] | Well, on the upside, if he does change his mind, | 往好处想 如果他改变主意 |
[01:39] | I think he’s landed on a great topic for his application essay. | 他这番话可以写出一篇很好的申请文书 |
[01:46] | Oh, don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 |
[01:47] | Is that the famous East Africa corruption report? | 这是那份著名的东非腐败报告吗 |
[01:50] | The one and only. | 除此无它 |
[01:51] | It’s finally finished? | 终于写完了 |
[01:51] | Well, it’s finally printed out. | 是终于印出来了 |
[01:53] | 454 pages of raw excitement. | 454页的原始激情 |
[01:57] | We’ve run the most recent changes | 我们已经将最新的改动 |
[01:58] | by Treasury, Commerce and the CIA. | 通知了财政部 商业部和中情局 |
[02:01] | All that’s left is for the White House to sign off. | 就等白宫方面点头了 |
[02:03] | You know, these interdepartmental | 这种多部门合作 |
[02:05] | task forces seem like a good idea, | 听起来不错 |
[02:07] | until you realize how many people | 但等你意识到你写完前 |
[02:09] | need to approve of it before you’re finished. | 需要多少人同意后就不怎么样了 |
[02:11] | Oh, I ordered pizza from Romano’s last night, | 我昨晚从罗马诺定了披萨 |
[02:15] | the delivery guy is concerned about our reliance | 外卖小哥表示对我们如此依赖反腐机构 |
[02:17] | on anti-corruption agencies. | 有点担心 |
[02:19] | I have concerns about their crust being too doughy. | 我还担心他们的饼皮有点生呢 |
[02:22] | Does this report have a title yet? | 这份报告有题目了吗 |
[02:25] | “Corruption in East Africa and its Negative Impact | 《东非的腐败行径及其对 |
[02:27] | on U.S. Competitive Advantage in the Region.” | 美国在该区域的竞争优势的负面影响》 |
[02:30] | That’s catchy. | 还真容易记啊 |
[02:31] | See, I wanted, “China Wins Because They Bribe Everyone,” | 我本想写《中国靠贿赂全球取胜》 |
[02:35] | but Treasury shot me down. | 但财政部不同意 |
[02:37] | Ma’am. I have Henry on the phone. | 女士 亨利打电话找你 |
[02:40] | He says it’s about his father. | 说跟他父亲有关 |
[02:41] | It’s important. | 很重要 |
[02:43] | Okay, thank you. | 好 谢谢你 |
[02:49] | Baby, I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 太遗憾了 |
[02:54] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[02:56] | I mean, the last time we saw him, he-he seemed fine. | 我们上次见到他的时候 他看着挺好的 |
[03:00] | Maureen found him this morning. | 莫林今早发现的 |
[03:01] | At first she thought he just overslept. | 本来她以为他睡过了 |
[03:05] | He must have died during the night. | 他肯定是夜里去世的 |
[03:07] | Probably a heart attack. | 可能是心脏病发作 |
[03:10] | He always said he wanted to die in his sleep– | 他总说想在睡梦中离世 |
[03:12] | quick and painless. | 不拖沓不痛苦 |
[03:14] | Yeah, but not yet. | 是啊 但还不到时候 |
[03:16] | He was too young. | 他还年轻啊 |
[03:18] | He called me about a week ago. | 他一周前给我打了电话 |
[03:20] | Just to catch up. | 就想聊聊 |
[03:22] | Had a nice long talk. | 我们好好长谈了一番 |
[03:29] | I’m grateful for that. | 我很感谢那次机会 |
[03:59] | Come here. | 过来 |
[04:00] | Hey, Aunt Maureen. | 莫林姑妈 |
[04:05] | Good to see you, Elizabeth. | 很高兴见到你 伊丽莎白 |
[04:05] | Maureen, nice to see you. | 莫林 很高兴见到你 |
[04:07] | – I’m so sorry about Patrick. – Thanks. | -我为帕特里克深感遗憾 -谢谢 |
[04:09] | Ah, it’s been a rough morning, | 这个早上可真不好过 |
[04:10] | but you’re a bright spot in a terrible day. | 但见到你们就好多了 |
[04:16] | Three SUVs, huh? | 来了三辆车啊 |
[04:18] | I’ll have to tell the mourners that parking is at a premium. | 我得告诉他们这些举哀的停车可要多付钱 |
[04:21] | Security protocol. | 安全需要 |
[04:22] | You know, in case someone wants to shoot her. | 以防有人想杀了她 |
[04:26] | Come on, kids, help me out, would you? | 来 孩子们 帮帮我 |
[04:28] | – Thanks, kid. – Good to see you. | -谢了 孩子 -见到你真好 |
[04:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:34] | Can I get anybody anything? | 有人想要喝点什么吗 |
[04:35] | Oh, we’re good, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[04:37] | Kids, I can make sandwiches. | 孩子们 我可以做几个三明治 |
[04:39] | We actually ate on the road. | 我们在路上吃过了 |
[04:41] | Maureen, will you come and sit down? | 莫林 你来坐下吧 |
[04:43] | You’re just making everybody nervous. | 你把大家都搞得紧张兮兮的 |
[04:46] | Dad, can we go watch TV? | 爸爸 我们能去看电视吗 |
[04:47] | – Sure thing. – No. | -当然 -不行 |
[04:49] | – Please? – It’s family time. | -拜托了 -这是家人团聚的时候 |
[04:50] | They can be a family in the den. | 他们在书房里也是家人嘛 |
[04:58] | Erin, if you finally decide to have kids of your own, | 埃琳 如果你哪天终于决定要孩子了 |
[05:00] | you may find there’s more to it | 你得知道 |
[05:01] | than giving in to them all the time. | 可不能事事顺着他们 |
[05:04] | I teach history to high schoolers. | 我教高中历史 |
[05:05] | I’m an expert in knowing when a teenager needs to get up | 我是判断青少年什么时候 |
[05:08] | and get the heck out of the room. | 想离开房间的专家 |
[05:10] | Okay, go. Go, you guys. Go ahead. | 好吧 去吧 都去 |
[05:12] | Um, I think I’m gonna take a walk. | 我去散散步吧 |
[05:13] | I’ll come with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[05:14] | Dad, I’ll see you back at your place. | 爸爸 你家见 |
[05:16] | Later. | 回见 |
[05:17] | Well, now the grown-ups can talk freely. | 现在大人可以自由谈话了 |
[05:20] | Henry and Elizabeth haven’t heard your news. | 亨利和伊丽莎白还不知道你的事 |
[05:22] | Oh, yeah. Um, me and Stacy are separated. | 对 我和斯黛西分居了 |
[05:26] | Oh, gosh, Shane, I’m sorry to hear that. | 天哪 沙恩 我真遗憾 |
[05:28] | I really liked her. | 我还挺喜欢她的呢 |
[05:29] | Me, too. We just jumped in too fast. | 我也是 就是太匆忙了 |
[05:32] | Oh, that’s what happens | 那就是上一次 |
[05:33] | when you get married before the ink | 离婚还未平息就 |
[05:34] | on your last divorce is even dry. | 赶着结婚的后果 |
[05:40] | Wait, who’s this? I don’t recognize her. | 等等 这是谁啊 我好像没见过 |
[05:43] | That’s Debra, Dad’s new girlfriend. | 那是黛布拉 爸爸的新女友 |
[05:45] | Wow. On the mantel. It must be serious. | 都摆照片啦 肯定很认真吧 |
[05:49] | Oh, I wouldn’t know. | 谁知道 |
[05:50] | I didn’t like to talk to him about his lady friends. | 我并不和他讨论他的新女友 |
[05:52] | Not with Mom so recently gone. | 妈妈才刚死 |
[05:54] | Maureen, Mom’s been dead for four years. | 莫林 妈妈死了四年了 |
[05:55] | Well, I still feel her presence in this house. | 那我就是还觉得她的灵魂仍在屋里 |
[05:58] | Now they’re together in heaven. | 现在他们在一起了 在天堂 |
[06:01] | Want to bet the old man’s up there | 打赌那老家伙就是 |
[06:02] | giving St. Peter a piece of his mind? | 去了天堂也是正跟圣彼得吵架呢 |
[06:05] | Demanding better conditions and overtime pay | 为那些被剥削压迫的天使争取 |
[06:07] | for those hardworking angels. | 更好的工作环境和加班费 |
[06:10] | Well, maybe we should try and get in touch with her. | 也许我们应该联系她 |
[06:12] | Well, if by we, you mean me, | 如果你的我们指的就是我 |
[06:14] | I have got enough on my plate, thank you. | 我的事已经够多了 谢谢 |
[06:16] | Maureen, Henry and I can definitely help. | 莫林 亨利和我非常乐意帮你 |
[06:18] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[06:21] | There’s the obituary to write, | 讣告需要写 |
[06:23] | and, uh, I have an appointment tomorrow | 还有 我预约了明天 |
[06:24] | at O’Flynn and Sons to prepare for the service. | 在福林氏殡仪馆准备葬礼 |
[06:27] | I can go with you to that. | 我可以陪你去 |
[06:28] | Somebody needs to go to the precinct today | 今天还得有人去警局 |
[06:30] | to sign the paperwork. | 办手续 |
[06:31] | I can take care of that. | 我可以 |
[06:32] | Oh, it’s Detective Michael Swanstrom. | 这是迈克尔·斯旺斯特朗探员的 |
[06:35] | He was here this morning. | 他今天早上来了 |
[06:35] | He knew Dad from church. | 他是在教堂和爸爸认识的 |
[06:37] | Of course, Dad hadn’t been in a while. | 当然了 爸爸有阵子没去了 |
[06:38] | He only went to make Mom happy. | 他去只是为了迎合妈妈 |
[06:41] | So, do you want me to pick up dinner? | 晚饭要我买吗 |
[06:42] | God, no. People are already dropping off casseroles. | 绝不要 人们已经送来了很多炖菜 |
[06:45] | We’ll have more food than we know what to do with. | 家里的吃的多的都没法解决了 |
[06:46] | I’ll help you clean out the fridge, make some more room. | 我可以帮你整理冰箱 腾点地方 |
[06:49] | – Oh, Elizabeth, would you do me a favor? – Sure. | -伊丽莎白 能帮我个忙吗 -当然 |
[06:51] | Could you get Dad’s navy blue suit out of his room? | 你能去爸爸房间找一下他的海军蓝西服吗 |
[06:53] | I… just can’t go in there. | 我没法走进去 |
[06:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:59] | It’s weird, | 感觉挺奇怪的 |
[07:01] | all of us being here without him. | 我们都聚在他家 他却不在 |
[07:14] | I’m very sorry for your loss, Mr. McCord. | 请节哀顺变 麦考德先生 |
[07:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:21] | I have some information about your father. | 我得到了你父亲的一些消息 |
[07:25] | About the way he died. | 关于他的死 |
[07:27] | Wasn’t it a heart attack? | 不是心脏病吗 |
[07:29] | Um… based on evidence I found at the house, | 根据我在房间发现的证据 |
[07:32] | I asked the M.E. To run a toxicology screen. | 我让法医做了毒物检测 |
[07:36] | Your father died of a barbiturate overdose. | 你父亲死于安眠药摄入过量 |
[07:40] | What? | 什么 |
[07:42] | He didn’t take drugs. | 他不吃安眠药的 |
[07:45] | There was an empty prescription bottle | 卫生间的垃圾箱里 |
[07:46] | of hydrocodone in the bathroom trash can. | 有个氢可酮的空药瓶 |
[07:50] | Hydrocodone is a painkiller. | 氢可酮是种止痛剂 |
[07:51] | Yeah, for when his knee acted up. | 因为他膝盖痛 |
[07:55] | He refilled it yesterday morning. | 昨天他才开了新的 |
[08:03] | Are you saying he took all of them? | 你是说他吃了一瓶吗 |
[08:07] | Isn’t there another explanation? | 没有别的可能吗 |
[08:10] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕没有了 |
[08:12] | Your father’s death was a suicide. | 您父亲是自杀 |
[08:32] | I saw him every day. I mean, he was never down. | 我每天都见他 他从来没抑郁过 |
[08:34] | Never. He was just himself. | 从来没有 他一如平常 |
[08:36] | Daddy’d never let on how he was really feeling. | 爸爸从来不把心里的真实想法表现出来 |
[08:38] | That just wasn’t his way. | 他就不会那样 |
[08:40] | That’s true. Even when he was forced off the union board, | 确实 就是他被工会开除的事 |
[08:43] | it took him years to tell us about it. | 他也好多年没告诉我们 |
[08:45] | That… that broke his spirit. | 那件事伤了他的心 |
[08:47] | Maybe he was sick? | 也许他病了 |
[08:49] | I called Dr. Peterson. | 我联系了彼德森医生 |
[08:50] | Other than the heart condition, he was in good health. | 除了心脏的问题 他很健康 |
[08:52] | They made a mistake. | 他们搞错了 |
[08:54] | Our dad would never do this. It is a mortal sin. | 爸爸不会这么做的 这可是大罪 |
[08:56] | Maureen, it’s the 21st century. | 莫林 现在都21世纪了 |
[08:58] | Everybody knows about depression | 谁都了解抑郁症 |
[09:00] | and what it can do to you, even the Catholic Church. | 还有可能的后果 包括天主教 |
[09:02] | I’m sure Father Benedict… | 我相信本尼迪克特神父 |
[09:03] | You will not tell Father Benedict about this. | 你不能把这件事告诉本尼迪克特神父 |
[09:04] | No one outside this family is to know anything about this. | 除了家里人这件事谁也不能告诉 |
[09:07] | – You’re being unreasonable. – Am I? | -你不讲道理嘛 -是我不讲道理吗 |
[09:08] | Forget about our friends and family for a second. | 就不要说我们的亲朋好友了 |
[09:10] | Dad was the father-in-law to the Secretary of State. | 爸爸可是国务卿的公公 |
[09:13] | I mean, do you want all our business all over the tabloids? | 你真要我们的家事见诸报端吗 |
[09:15] | Oh, no, I-I don’t think that they would… | 不会的 我觉得他们不会 |
[09:17] | What, it’s not important enough to make the news? Oh… | 怎么 难道这事不重要 不足以上报纸吗 |
[09:20] | Forget it. Tom, let’s go. | 得了吧 汤姆 我们走 |
[09:22] | I… Where are the kids? Geez. | 我 孩子们去哪了 真是 |
[09:23] | Walked home an hour ago. | 一小时前就回家了 |
[09:26] | Good night, Tom. | 晚安 汤姆 |
[09:27] | Night. | 晚安 |
[09:29] | I’m glad you’re here. | 真高兴你来了 |
[09:31] | Someone has to put her in her place every once in a while. | 总得有人时不时管管她 |
[09:33] | We’re all in shock. | 大家都处于震惊中 |
[09:36] | See you tomorrow, okay? | 明天见 好吗 |
[09:37] | – Yeah, we’ll be here. – All right. | -我们在家等你们 -好 |
[09:40] | – Good night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[09:49] | Sorry about Maureen. | 我替莫林向你道歉 |
[09:50] | Babe, the first time you brought me home to meet your family, | 宝贝 你第一次带我见你家人时 |
[09:53] | you said, “I’m sorry about Maureen.” | 就说过 我替莫林向你道歉 |
[09:58] | Let’s just take that as a given. | 我早都接受了 |
[09:59] | She’s just like my dad– no filter. | 她跟我父亲真是一模一样 口无遮拦 |
[10:02] | Well, speaking your mind is a McCord family trait | 怎么想就怎么说是你们麦考德家族 |
[10:05] | that you all share. | 共同的品质 |
[10:08] | And our kids have inherited. | 我们的孩子也继承了这点 |
[10:11] | How are they doing? | 他们怎么样了 |
[10:12] | Processing, like the rest of us. | 和我们一样在接受这件事 |
[10:15] | Except Maureen; she’s firmly ensconced | 除了莫林 她正忙着 |
[10:17] | on her sofa of denial. | 什么都不干呢 |
[10:18] | Henry, | 亨利 |
[10:19] | her world has been rocked. | 她的世界收到了冲击 |
[10:22] | They all need to lean on you a little. | 他们都需要依赖你一些 |
[10:26] | Check on the kids. | 我去看看孩子们 |
[10:35] | I say again, | 我再说一遍 |
[10:36] | what wrong with a fruit basket? | 果篮怎么就不行 |
[10:38] | No one wants fruit, ever. | 从来没人想要果篮 |
[10:40] | Arrange for bagels, lox, cream cheese, the works, | 订好面包 熏鱼 奶油芝士什么的 |
[10:42] | to be delivered for breakfast tomorrow. | 明早送去当早餐 |
[10:44] | When we find out what Mr. McCord died from, | 知道麦考德先生的死因后 |
[10:46] | we’ll send a donation in remembrance. | 我们寄去些哀悼金 |
[10:48] | The best thing we can do right now | 我们现在能发挥的最大作用 |
[10:49] | is keep things running smoothly here | 就是让这里的一切平稳进行 |
[10:52] | so the Secretary has all the time and energy she needs | 好让国务卿能全身心地 |
[10:54] | to take care of her family. | 照顾她的家人 |
[10:56] | Good evening, team. | 晚上好 队员们 |
[10:59] | Are we your team? | 我们是你的队员吗 |
[11:01] | Well, you are now. | 现在是了 |
[11:02] | I need you to get to work right away | 你们要立刻着手 |
[11:03] | on a new interagency task force. | 组建一个新的跨部门任务小组 |
[11:05] | We’re not quite finished with the last one. | 我们手上的活还没干完呢 |
[11:07] | Have you read the Africa report, by the way? | 对了 非洲的报告你看了吗 |
[11:09] | I haven’t had the time. | 没时间 |
[11:11] | I spent the day learning | 我花了一整天 |
[11:12] | about invasive aquatic species. | 了解入侵性水生物种 |
[11:15] | What are invasive aquatic… | 什么是入侵性水生… |
[11:17] | Little buggers coming over from Asia and Europe, | 从亚洲和欧洲过来的小虫子 |
[11:19] | overrunning the North American oceanic ecosystem. | 在北美的海洋生态系统里肆虐 |
[11:23] | What do you mean, like squid? | 就好比鱿鱼吗 |
[11:25] | Are you mocking me, son? | 你在嘲笑我吗 孩子 |
[11:27] | No, I would, I would never mock. | 没有 我绝不会嘲笑你 |
[11:30] | You think terrorism is the only threat | 你们以为威胁我们美式生活的 |
[11:32] | to our American way of life? | 只有恐怖主义一个吗 |
[11:35] | Wait till the Australian mollusk arrives and sets up house. | 等澳洲软体动物来安营扎寨你就知道了 |
[11:39] | With no natural predators, all the river mouths | 没有天敌 墨西哥湾的 |
[11:41] | in the Gulf of Mexico will be completely clogged. | 所有入海口都会被堵塞 |
[11:44] | Or when the poisonous East Indian algae bloom | 或是等有毒的东印度海藻 |
[11:46] | covers the Pacific coastline, | 占领大西洋海岸 |
[11:49] | good-bye crab season. | 你们就跟螃蟹说拜拜吧 |
[11:51] | Coastal and marine fisheries are a $70 billion business. | 沿海和海洋渔场的生意价值七百亿 |
[11:56] | Do you think we can afford to lose that? | 我们丢的起吗 |
[11:58] | All right. Coordinate with EPA tonight. | 你们配合环保局 |
[12:01] | I want a report to Congress before the weather turns warm. | 天气转暖之前我要把报告上呈国会 |
[12:03] | Most of these critters thrive in a balmy climate. | 这些生物大多在温暖的气候大量繁殖 |
[12:06] | Well, the Secretary is out of town. | 可国务卿不在 |
[12:08] | I heard, but there’s no time to waste. | 我听说了 但时间不多了 |
[12:11] | EPA can deliver the science. | 专业知识交给环保局 |
[12:13] | State and Commerce | 国务院和商务部 |
[12:14] | need to jump on the international maritime angle– | 得从国际海事角度出发 |
[12:17] | crack down on smugglers, | 打击走私者 |
[12:18] | ramp up cargo and hull inspections. | 提高货物和船体的检查 |
[12:20] | Otherwise, these invasive species will just keep coming | 否则那些入侵性物种只会源源不断的到来 |
[12:23] | and the U.S. fishing economy will grind to a halt. | 美国的渔业就彻底崩盘了 |
[12:26] | Okay, we’re on it. | 好 我们来干 |
[12:27] | I want an update in the morning. | 明早来给我报告 |
[12:31] | Should I call the secretary? | 我要联络国务卿吗 |
[12:33] | Not yet. | 先不用 |
[12:36] | Found this in the garage. | 我在车库里找到了这个 |
[12:38] | It’s labeled “Important papers.” | 上面标着”重要文件” |
[12:40] | It’s got the will in it, this note that says, uh, | 里面有遗嘱 这张纸条上说 |
[12:44] | he doesn’t want a wake. | 他不希望守灵 |
[12:45] | What? | 什么 |
[12:47] | Yeah, he says it’s a waste of time | 你没听错 他说那纯属浪费时间 |
[12:48] | and expensive alcohol. | 还浪费昂贵的酒 |
[12:49] | Good. Who wants to see Grandpa laid out all… | 太好了 可没人想看外公… |
[12:54] | He’s dead, John, not a zombie. | 他是死了 约翰 不是变成僵尸 |
[12:56] | Come on, guys. | 我们走吧 |
[12:57] | Um, the will just says | 遗嘱上只说 |
[12:59] | everything’s split evenly between us kids. | 一切都平分给我们几个孩子 |
[13:01] | Oh, here’s the, uh, his burial insurance policy | 还有工会给他的 |
[13:04] | he got from the union. | 丧葬保险单 |
[13:06] | I will get that obituary over to the paper. | 我会把讣告送去报社 |
[13:09] | I’m j-just gonna say | 我只会告诉他们 |
[13:10] | that he passed away. | 他去世了 |
[13:14] | Father Benedict asked if, uh, someone | 本尼迪克特神父问我 |
[13:17] | was gonna speak at the service. | 有没有人会在葬礼上致辞 |
[13:18] | Well, that’s up to you. | 你决定就好 |
[13:19] | Well, I’d… | 我… |
[13:20] | be too emotional, too sappy. | 会太激动 涕泗横流的 |
[13:21] | Dad would hate that. | 爸爸肯定不喜欢 |
[13:23] | I thought you might like to do it. | 或许你可以致辞 |
[13:26] | I don’t think that I’m the guy to get up and talk about Dad. | 我可能不适合去谈论爸爸 |
[13:30] | Maybe Erin or Shane. | 让埃琳或沙恩来吧 |
[13:31] | If you change your mind… | 要是你改变主意… |
[13:32] | I won’t. | 不会的 |
[13:34] | We’re expected at the mortuary at around 11:00. | 停尸房要我们十一点左右过去 |
[13:37] | I’d offer to drive, but, um, | 我可以开车去 但是… |
[13:39] | I suppose your security detail | 你的保镖们应该 |
[13:41] | will still want to follow us through town. | 还是会在城里一直跟着我们吧 |
[13:43] | For the last time, it’s protocol. | 我最后再说一次 那是规定 |
[13:46] | Well, it’s fine. | 那没什么 |
[13:48] | I mean, maybe everybody will think Dad’s funeral | 或许大家会以为爸爸的葬礼 |
[13:50] | has started early and fall into line behind us. | 提早开始了就跟着我们走了 |
[13:53] | It won’t be so bad, Maureen, I promise. | 莫林 我保证没那么糟 |
[13:55] | There’s lots of legroom, | 那车上很宽敞 |
[13:56] | and they’ve got bottles of water and candy in the back. | 后备箱里还有水和糖 |
[13:59] | Not going to a prom. | 又不是去参加舞会 |
[14:01] | Going to find a coffin for my father. | 我可是去给父亲挑棺材 |
[14:07] | I’ll come along, too. | 我也去吧 |
[14:09] | – I’ll get my coat. – Thank you. | -我去拿外套 -谢谢 |
[14:14] | 20 gauge protective steel with a poplar veneer. | 厚度二十的保护钢板外加白杨装饰板 |
[14:18] | Gloss coffee finish, | 表面咖啡色抛光 |
[14:19] | and an oyster crepe interior. | 柔软绸缎内衬 |
[14:22] | Grandpa wouldn’t want something showy | 爷爷不会喜欢太招摇 |
[14:24] | and overpriced. | 太贵的 |
[14:25] | My father-in-law was a man of simple taste. | 我的公公的品味很简约 |
[14:28] | He was cheap. | 他很抠门 |
[14:29] | Say what you’re saying. | 说白了就是这个意思 |
[14:30] | This one is a gloss Cambridge finish, | 表面剑桥抛光 |
[14:33] | with swing bar hardware. | 配备吊杆 |
[14:35] | It’s $1,500. | 一千五百块 |
[14:39] | Maureen, what do you think? | 莫林 你觉得怎么样 |
[14:43] | Let’s talk about our life’s glory package. | 我们再谈谈光荣人生套餐吧 |
[14:47] | Prayer cards, a memorial book. | 包括祷告卡片 纪念册 |
[14:50] | Uh, a word with you. | 借一步说话 |
[14:51] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[14:54] | Can we reconsider cremation? | 能重新考虑火葬吗 |
[14:56] | Absolutely not. | 当然不行 |
[14:58] | It’s just, he wouldn’t want us to spend all this money on him. | 他不愿意我们在他身上花这么多钱 |
[15:01] | Well, this isn’t really for Grandpa, baby. | 这并不是为了爷爷 宝贝 |
[15:03] | It’s for us. | 这是为了我们 |
[15:04] | You know, so that we can feel | 这样我们就能安慰自己 |
[15:05] | like we’ve given him a proper good-bye. | 给了他像样的告别 |
[15:07] | We have a bit of a problem. | 出了一点问题 |
[15:10] | Uh, Mr. McCord | 麦考德先生 |
[15:11] | allowed his insurance policy to lapse four months ago. | 保险四个月前到期了 |
[15:14] | So none of this is covered. | 所以这些都没有保险承担了 |
[15:16] | I’m afraid not. | 恐怕是的 |
[15:17] | Yeah, you know what, | 这样吧 |
[15:19] | let’s just… | 我们就… |
[15:22] | …we’ll put it on my card | 先刷我的卡 |
[15:23] | and we’ll figure it out later. | 之后再把这事弄清楚 |
[15:30] | Hey, John wants to heat up a cheeseburger casserole | 约翰想热个芝士堡砂锅 |
[15:32] | and contact Grandpa on the Ouija board. | 并且在通灵板上联系爷爷 |
[15:35] | Oh, great, when you reach him, | 好极了 等你们联系上他 |
[15:36] | ask him what the password is for his computer. | 问问他的电脑密码是多少 |
[15:38] | Why are you trying to go on Grandpa’s computer? | 你看爷爷的电脑干什么 |
[15:42] | I was just thinking, you know. | 我只是在想 |
[15:45] | Why’d he do it? | 他为什么要那么做 |
[15:47] | What made him so sad | 是什么让他那么难过 |
[15:48] | that he wanted to end it like that. | 最后那样了结一生 |
[15:51] | Leave everything. | 抛下一切 |
[15:53] | Leave us. | 抛下我们 |
[15:57] | Mom said, uh, Debra was his girlfriend. | 妈妈说了 黛布拉曾是他的女朋友 |
[16:01] | I figured she might be able to tell us something, | 我想她也许能告诉我们些什么 |
[16:02] | so I did an image search on my phone | 于是我在手机上搜了图片 |
[16:04] | to try and figure out her last name. | 想要查出她姓什么 |
[16:05] | And? | 然后呢 |
[16:08] | Her name isn’t Debra. | 她不叫黛布拉 |
[16:10] | It’s Janet Nelson. | 而是珍妮特·尼尔森 |
[16:11] | She’s not from Pittsburgh. | 她不是匹兹堡的 |
[16:13] | She’s an actress from L.A. | 是洛杉矶的一名演员 |
[16:14] | This photo was pulled off of the Internet. | 这张照片是从网上下载的 |
[16:17] | Something isn’t right. | 事情不对劲 |
[16:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:25] | Here’s his password. | 这是他的密码 |
[16:27] | Classic old person trick. | 老人都这么干 |
[16:32] | What a day, wow. | 真是糟糕的一天 |
[16:34] | So your dad’s insurance policy lapsed, | 所以你爸的保单过期了 |
[16:37] | so I gave them my card, of course, | 于是我给刷了我的卡 |
[16:39] | which annoyed Maureen, holy smoke. | 惹恼了莫林 天哪 |
[16:42] | Babe, the kids went through Dad’s computer. | 宝贝 孩子们翻了爸的电脑 |
[16:44] | They found something. | 他们有些发现 |
[16:46] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:49] | About seven months ago, he joined a dating site. | 大约七个月前 他注册了一个约会网站 |
[16:52] | A woman contacted him. | 一个女人联系了他 |
[16:53] | Said her name was Debra. | 说她叫黛布拉 |
[16:55] | Said all the right things. | 说了各种投机的话 |
[16:56] | They had all the same interests. | 有着各种共同的兴趣爱好 |
[16:57] | He wanted to meet, but she said she couldn’t. | 他想要见面 但她说做不到 |
[16:59] | She was out of town working on some investments. | 她出城去搞投资去了 |
[17:00] | Let me guess, she couldn’t come home | 让我来猜猜 一定是她 |
[17:03] | until all those issues were settled. | 要等所有问题都解决了才能回来 |
[17:06] | So, he offered to help out with a loan. | 于是他提出借款相助 |
[17:10] | How much? | 借了多少 |
[17:11] | I don’t know the total yet, | 目前还不知道总数 |
[17:12] | but there are e-mails on here from the bank. | 但电脑里有银行的邮件 |
[17:14] | First it was about cash transfers, then about | 首先是现金转账 |
[17:17] | taking out a line of credit on the house. | 然后是房子最高限额的抵押贷款 |
[17:18] | It was everything he had. | 他的一切资产 |
[17:20] | 50 years of hard work and doing without. | 五十年的辛苦工作 |
[17:22] | It’s all gone. | 毁于一旦 |
[17:27] | He couldn’t see a way out. | 他找不到出路 |
[17:30] | We were a way out. | 我们就是出路 |
[17:32] | We could have helped him. | 我们本可以帮他的 |
[17:34] | Your dad admit that he’d been swindled? | 你爸会承认他被骗了 |
[17:37] | Call his children and ask for money? | 给孩子打电话要钱 |
[17:40] | Live out his life like a burden. | 成为孩子的负担吗 |
[17:42] | It wouldn’t be like that. | 不会是负担的 |
[17:43] | No. | 是不会 |
[17:46] | But to him it would. | 但对他而言会 |
[17:47] | I know, but… | 我知道 可是… |
[17:51] | I never thought his pride | 我从没想过他的自尊 |
[17:51] | would mean more to him than his family. | 会比家人更重要 |
[17:56] | More than watching our kids grow up. | 比看着我们的孩子们长大更重要 |
[18:11] | Okay, I’ll say it, is there any way we can get back the money? | 有办法追回那些钱吗 |
[18:15] | You’re all thinking it. | 你们都想要的 |
[18:16] | Maybe not Henry and Elizabeth, | 也许亨利和伊丽莎白不需要 |
[18:18] | but I could sure use my share. | 但我确实需要我的那部分钱 |
[18:19] | Look, I spoke with Detective Swanstrom | 我和斯旺斯特朗警探谈过了 |
[18:21] | and you know, he was sympathetic, | 他深表同情 |
[18:23] | but… | 但是… |
[18:25] | the truth is, most of these scams | 事实上 绝大多数这种骗局 |
[18:27] | are perpetrated in other countries. | 都是在别的国家进行的 |
[18:29] | Well, then you’re talking to the wrong person. | 那你可就找错人了 |
[18:30] | I mean, hell, you’re sitting next | 你身边可是 |
[18:31] | to the Secretary of State. | 国务卿女士 |
[18:32] | Other countries is her business. | 别的国家就归她管了 |
[18:34] | Could you do anything, Elizabeth? | 你能做点什么吗 伊丽莎白 |
[18:35] | Pull some strings? | 找些关系 |
[18:36] | I wish it was that simple. | 我也希望有那么简单 |
[18:38] | Well, make it simple. | 让它变简单 |
[18:39] | Call the president. Say it’s protocol. | 给总统打电话 说是外交事务 |
[18:41] | The thing is, that the State Department | 事实上 国务院 |
[18:42] | doesn’t really handle these kinds of things. | 并不负责这类事务 |
[18:45] | What my wife is too polite to say | 我妻子出于礼貌没有说的是 |
[18:47] | is that what you’re asking her to do is unethical. | 你们要她做的事情是不道德的 |
[18:48] | Elizabeth is always saying she wants to help. | 伊丽莎白总是说她想帮忙 |
[18:50] | We need help. | 我们需要帮助 |
[18:51] | Maureen… drop it. | 莫林… 够了 |
[18:51] | Why can’t…! | 为什么不能… |
[18:56] | Well, like Shane was saying, | 正如沙恩说的 |
[18:58] | you’re not counting on that money, anyway. | 你是不需要那笔钱 |
[19:06] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[19:10] | Maureen. | 莫林 |
[19:10] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:13] | We’re so sorry about Patrick. | 帕特里克的事我们非常遗憾 |
[19:15] | You remember Stan and Barry, right, guys? | 记得斯坦和贝利吧 |
[19:16] | Oh, hey. Hey, guys. | 你们好 |
[19:17] | They worked with Dad on the union board. | 他们是老爸在工会理事会的同事 |
[19:18] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[19:21] | I’ll send you the e-mail address | 我待会发给你一个电子邮箱 |
[19:23] | that I want tracked | 你帮我找人查查 |
[19:24] | and, I’m, uh, | 还有 我希望 |
[19:29] | I’m hoping that Oliver Shaw can recommend someone. | 奥利弗·肖能推荐一个人选 |
[19:33] | Are you sure there’s nothing else | 您确定没有别的事情让我效劳吗 |
[19:34] | I can do for you, or your family? | 您或者您家人的事情都行 |
[19:36] | Thanks for holding down the fort. | 谢谢你帮我守住阵地 |
[19:38] | I’ll talk soon, okay? | 我很快给你回话 好吗 |
[19:43] | Any room left in here? | 这里还有位置吗 |
[19:44] | No, um, | 没有 |
[19:45] | but we can find some. | 但我们可以挤挤 |
[19:47] | And we were downtown, | 我们在市中心 |
[19:48] | visiting the guys– | 去看望一些朋友 |
[19:49] | Bar, was it Mellon Center? | 巴尔 我们是在梅隆银行中心吗 |
[19:50] | Sure was. | 没错 |
[19:51] | Yeah, your dad sees a welder we knew, | 你们的父亲看到一个我们认识的电焊工 |
[19:54] | leaving for the day. | 刚下班 |
[19:56] | The guy doesn’t have a coat on. | 连外套都没穿 |
[19:58] | Says, he gave it to his kid, | 他说他的外套给他孩子了 |
[20:00] | ’cause he couldn’t afford a new one. | 因为他没钱再买一件 |
[20:02] | Your dad takes off his own coat… | 于是你们父亲把自己的外套脱了下来 |
[20:05] | It was vicuna, I remember. | 那是件小羊驼外套 我记得 |
[20:08] | …and he just gives it to the guy. | 然后送给了那个人 |
[20:11] | That’s so like him. | 太像他的作风了 |
[20:15] | Well, we aren’t going to take up any more of your time. | 我们不再占用你们的时间了 |
[20:18] | My wife has the same kind of heart condition as your dad. | 我妻子和你们父亲一样患有心脏病 |
[20:21] | They were always telling each other to take good care, | 他们总是叮嘱对方当心身体 |
[20:24] | but I guess sometimes there’s nothing to be done. | 但或许有时候我们也无能为力 |
[20:31] | We just assumed he took a heart attack. | 我们以为他死于心脏病 |
[20:35] | Was it something else? | 难道是别的原因 |
[20:37] | The truth is… | 事实是 |
[20:39] | he was in a bad place, and he | 他当时的状况很艰难 |
[20:41] | couldn’t reach out for help. | 而又无法寻求帮助 |
[20:43] | What Henry means is that our dad was in a bad place | 亨利的意思是爸爸由于疾病缠身 |
[20:45] | because he was so sick. | 所以状况很艰难 |
[20:47] | Maureen, | 莫林 |
[20:48] | if we can’t talk about how he died, | 要是我们不告诉他们父亲的真实死因 |
[20:49] | then we won’t be able to mourn him. | 我们就无法悼念他 |
[20:54] | Our dad took his own life. | 我们的父亲是自杀的 |
[20:59] | I’m so sorry. | 太遗憾了 |
[21:00] | Well, thank you. It’s been very difficult. | 谢谢 我们也很难接受这个事实 |
[21:03] | And I hope it doesn’t change how you remember him. | 希望这不会改变他在你们心目中的印象 |
[21:07] | No. Of course not. | 不会 当然不会 |
[21:13] | Thank you so much for coming. | 谢谢你们能来 |
[21:22] | We agreed. | 我们说好的 |
[21:25] | No, Maureen, you insisted. | 没有 莫林 是你坚持己见 |
[21:26] | I’m not gonna treat this like some shameful secret. | 我不想把那当成一个难以启齿的秘密 |
[21:29] | I’m not gonna lie about our father. | 我不想谈及父亲时还要掺杂谎言 |
[21:30] | Can’t you keep your high-and-mighty mouth shut | 能不能把你的金口闭上 |
[21:32] | for two seconds? | 就两秒钟 |
[21:33] | But no, everything just has to be done your way, | 你不会 一切都要按照你的方式处理 |
[21:36] | like we don’t count. | 好像我们的意见根本不重要 |
[21:36] | Hey, pot, you and the kettle are | 你可真是 |
[21:38] | looking a little black there. | 乌鸦说猪黑 |
[21:39] | – Stay out of this, Shane. – No. | -别掺和 沙恩 -不 |
[21:41] | You don’t get to decide for the rest of us | 你不能代表我们所有人的想法 |
[21:42] | what we can feel or say. | 也不能决定我们应该说什么 |
[21:44] | Yes, I do, because I was here every day, | 我当然能 因为我每天都待在这个家 |
[21:45] | taking care of Mom, taking care of Dad. | 照顾妈妈和爸爸 |
[21:47] | I live across town, | 我就住在城另一头 |
[21:48] | Erin’s ten minutes away… | 埃琳家只有十分钟路程 |
[21:49] | Yeah, but you were never here. | 是 可你们很少在这儿 |
[21:50] | Maybe Sunday dinners, the Super Bowl. | 偶尔星期天来吃晚饭 看超级碗比赛 |
[21:52] | I cleaned the toilets. I cooked the meals. | 是我打扫厕所 给他做饭 |
[21:54] | I took care of him. | 是我照顾他 |
[21:55] | If you took such good care of him, Maureen, | 要是你真把他照顾得那么好 莫林 |
[21:56] | then why is he dead? | 那他怎么会自杀呢 |
[21:57] | Erin, don’t. | 埃琳 别这样 |
[21:58] | No, I am sick of her lording everything over me! | 不 我受够她对我颐指气使了 |
[22:00] | Can we get past this? | 放下这件事行吗 |
[22:01] | No, you are already past this! | 你是放下了 |
[22:03] | You and Elizabeth breeze into town | 你和伊丽莎白只是在参加书展的途中 |
[22:05] | visiting us on your book tour, | 匆匆经过这里 |
[22:06] | waving to us from the motorcade. | 在车队中向我们挥挥手 |
[22:08] | Just don’t think that puts you in charge now, | 别以为用她的信用卡付了葬礼的钱 |
[22:09] | just because she can put the funeral on her credit card! | 一切就都由你说了算 |
[22:11] | What’s this now? | 这又是怎么回事 |
[22:12] | It was just a temporary fix. | 只是临时用了我的卡 |
[22:13] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮帮忙 |
[22:14] | Trying to one up all of us like usual. | 你只是像往常一样想出风头 |
[22:16] | You know what we call her. | 你知道我们背后叫她什么 |
[22:17] | Queen Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白女王 |
[22:18] | Queen Elizabeth– like it’s a big secret! | 伊丽莎白女王 多大的秘密啊 |
[22:19] | We’re not stupid, Maureen. We’re not deaf! | 我们不傻 莫林 我们也不聋 |
[22:21] | I never called her that. | 我从来没那样叫她 |
[22:23] | – I didn’t! I didn’t! – But she did! | -我没有 我没有 -可是她叫了 |
[22:25] | Nobody should be calling her that! | 谁都不应该那样叫她 |
[22:26] | When you took up with Elizabeth, you changed! | 和伊丽莎白交往之后 你变了 |
[22:28] | – That’s enough! – Turning up your nose at us “Yinzers,” | -够了 -你瞧不起我们这些乡巴佬 |
[22:30] | acting like a new man with a fancy degree | 你有高学历 和一个有钱的老婆 |
[22:33] | and a rich wife! | 你变得我们都不认识了 |
[22:33] | You are way over the line, Maureen! | 你太过分了 莫林 |
[22:35] | You guys are screaming so loud | 你们声音太大了 |
[22:36] | we can’t hear the TV. | 我们都听不到电视的声音了 |
[22:37] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[22:38] | We’re having a family discussion. | 我们在开家庭会议 |
[22:40] | Yeah, but it’s over. Come on, kids. | 现在结束了 走吧孩子们 |
[22:42] | If it makes you feel better, | 如果能让你好受点 |
[22:43] | we’ll leave right after the funeral. | 葬礼一结束我们就走 |
[22:44] | Blow into town, turn everything upside down, | 突然出现 把这里搅得天翻地覆 |
[22:47] | then blow right back out again. What else is new? | 然后立马走人 有点创新行吗 |
[22:49] | Oh, you… | 你… |
[23:03] | Got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[23:04] | Not since 1992. | 1992年之后就没空过 |
[23:08] | Yeah, it’s all right. Come in. | 没事 进来吧 |
[23:10] | I went through the East Africa report again last night. | 我昨晚通读了那份东非报告 |
[23:15] | There’s been a change since we sent it to you for approval. | 我们送你审批之后有一次改动 |
[23:19] | The CIA redacted a few lines, classified them. | 中情局重新编辑了几行 设了密 |
[23:22] | As is their wont. | 他们一贯如此 |
[23:24] | The redacted portion is a short paragraph | 他们改动的是一小段 |
[23:26] | regarding Senator Marc Stone. | 关于参议员马克·斯通的内容 |
[23:29] | He was part of a congressional fact-finding trip | 2013年他参与一项国会的调查项目 |
[23:33] | to China in 2013. | 去了中国 |
[23:34] | They visited the Wudang Construction Company. | 他们去了武当建筑公司 |
[23:38] | Wudang is run by the Chinese government | 这个公司由中国政府运营 |
[23:40] | and is at the top of our list of corrupt contractors. | 在我们的腐败承包商排名上位列前几名 |
[23:45] | You don’t say. | 真想不到 |
[23:46] | Wudang also owns an American subsidiary called KPT Building. | 该公司还有一个美国子公司叫KPT建筑 |
[23:51] | It’s based in Arizona. | 设在亚利桑那州 |
[23:53] | That’s Stone’s home state. | 正好是斯通的母州 |
[23:56] | CIA has been all over this report | 从我们最初编辑这份报告开始 |
[23:58] | since we started compiling it. | 中情局就一直有所跟进 |
[24:00] | Why did they wait until the last minute | 为什么他们一直等到最后一刻 |
[24:02] | to classify that paragraph? | 才把那一段设密呢 |
[24:05] | Are you asking me a question | 你这是在问我问题呢 |
[24:06] | or is this a setup for an accusation? | 还是在指控我呢 |
[24:09] | I think you sent the State Department on | 我觉得你是把国务院 |
[24:11] | an invasive aquatic snipe hunt. | 推上了风口浪尖 |
[24:14] | Then you convinced someone at the Agency | 然后你又让某个中情局的人 |
[24:16] | to redact the report. | 重新编辑了那份报告 |
[24:18] | What I do not understand is why. | 可我不明白这是为了什么 |
[24:21] | The CIA did it, so take it up with them. | 那是中情局干的 你去找他们问去 |
[24:26] | Or better yet, leave it alone. | 或者更好的是 别再管了 |
[24:30] | – Is that an order? – Yes. | -这是命令吗 -是的 |
[24:37] | I don’t take orders from you. | 但我不需要听你的命令 |
[24:46] | Is that the office calling? | 是你办公室来的电话吗 |
[24:48] | Yeah, but not about State business. | 是的 不过不是国事 |
[24:52] | I asked Blake to trace the person who scammed your dad. | 我让布莱克去追查骗了你父亲的人 |
[24:56] | – You didn’t have to do that. – I know. | -你不用这么做 -我知道 |
[24:59] | But it worked. | 不过查到了 |
[25:01] | The scammer lives right here in Pittsburgh. | 那个骗子就住在这 匹兹堡 |
[25:03] | It’s his friend Stan. | 是他的朋友斯丹 |
[25:17] | For what it’s worth, he’s pretty broken up. | 总之 他是彻底崩溃了 |
[25:19] | I got a full confession in the car on the way over. | 在回来的路上 他在车里全都交代了 |
[25:22] | Did he say why he did it? | 他有没有说为什么这么做 |
[25:24] | Well, short answer? He needed money. | 简单来说 就是因为缺钱 |
[25:26] | His sister’s sick. | 他妹妹病了 |
[25:28] | They’re drowning in bills. | 要花很多钱 |
[25:29] | Says he read an article about these scammers | 他说他读过一篇关于骗子的文章 |
[25:31] | who were making thousands ripping off older people. | 说能从老年人身上骗取很多的钱 |
[25:33] | So he trolls the dating site, | 所以他就去相亲网站上找目标 |
[25:35] | and happens to come across your dad’s profile. | 结果碰巧看到了你父亲的资料 |
[25:37] | He knew how generous our dad was. | 他知道我们父亲有多慷慨 |
[25:39] | Thought he’d be an easy mark. | 觉得他是个容易得手的目标 |
[25:41] | The DA will be in touch. I’m sorry, folks. | 地检官会联系的 失陪了 各位 |
[25:49] | That’s that, then. | 那就这样吧 |
[25:50] | Hey, Maureen? | 莫林 |
[25:52] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[25:54] | You’re so angry at me. | 你对我很生气 |
[25:57] | What can I do to make this right? | 我该怎么做来弥补呢 |
[25:59] | Can you give me my father back? | 你能让我父亲复活吗 |
[26:01] | Can you make it like he never did this awful, awful thing? | 你能让他不要自杀吗 |
[26:04] | You know if he had reached out, | 你也知道如果他来找我帮忙 |
[26:05] | I would’ve done anything to help. | 我一定会尽全力的 |
[26:06] | – Would you? – Of course. | -是吗 -当然了 |
[26:08] | Maureen, just let it go. | 莫林 算了吧 |
[26:11] | I can’t stop thinking why he didn’t call you, Henry. | 我一直在想他为什么不找你 亨利 |
[26:14] | I mean, the rest of us, | 我们几个 |
[26:14] | he knew we didn’t have any room to take him in. | 他知道我们没有多余的地方让他住 |
[26:17] | God knows we don’t have any money, but you do. | 他知道我们没钱 但你有 |
[26:19] | And then I remembered. | 于是我想起来了 |
[26:21] | A couple of years ago, | 几年前 |
[26:22] | I was helping him up the stairs after a few too many. | 有一次我正在扶他上楼梯 |
[26:25] | It was, it was during that bad time | 就是工会把他开除的 |
[26:27] | when the union had kicked him to the curb. | 那段时间 |
[26:28] | And he started talking about someone | 他当时说起有人 |
[26:30] | who turned their back on him. | 拒绝帮助他 |
[26:31] | I figured it was a buddy of his. But no. | 我当时以为是他的朋友 不过不是 |
[26:35] | He was talking about you. | 他说的人是你 |
[26:37] | He said you rejected him. | 他说你拒绝了他 |
[26:38] | That you treated him like he was a failure. | 说你对待他就像对待一个废人一样 |
[26:40] | He said it was the worst pain he’d ever felt. | 他说那是最让他感到心痛的事 |
[26:43] | Maureen, that… that never happened. | 莫林 从没 从没有这样 |
[26:46] | Are calling Patrick McCord a liar? | 你是说我父亲撒谎了吗 |
[26:49] | No, I’m saying that maybe you misunderstood. | 不是 我是说你可能误会了 |
[26:51] | No, he was very clear. | 不 他说得很清楚 |
[26:54] | It was a while ago. | 已经过去挺长时间了 |
[26:56] | But it happened. | 不过是真的 |
[27:00] | And at the lowest point of his life, | 这次在他最不幸的时候 |
[27:01] | if he reached out to you | 如果他找你帮忙 |
[27:02] | and you turned your back on him again… | 你却又一次拒绝了他 |
[27:05] | that would be the worst thing. | 那他就太悲惨了 |
[27:07] | Worse than losing all his money. Worse than death. | 比失去所有的财产都惨 比死都惨 |
[27:11] | So he didn’t even try. Instead he just… | 所有他都没去尝试 直接就… |
[27:14] | went to sleep. | 睡过去了 |
[27:17] | And we can all say that | 我们现在都会说 |
[27:17] | we would’ve done anything to help him, | 会尽一切努力帮助他 |
[27:19] | that we couldn’t see the signs. | 只是我们当初没发现 |
[27:20] | We can say whatever we want now, because it’s too late. | 我们想怎么说都行 可是为时已晚 |
[27:22] | But I say… | 我觉得 |
[27:25] | I say he’s dead because of you. | 我觉得他是因为你才死的 |
[27:58] | You want to go for a walk? | 你想去走走吗 |
[28:07] | My first year at UVA, I was working so hard to fit in. | 我在弗吉尼亚大学的第一年 觉得很难适应 |
[28:11] | I just did not feel like I belonged there. | 我觉得我不属于那里 |
[28:14] | Well, you were 17, you’d never been away from home. | 你当时才17岁 从没离开过家 |
[28:20] | My dad came to Parent’s Weekend. | 家长周末的时候我父亲来了 |
[28:24] | I showed him the campus, my dorm. | 我带他看了我们的校园和宿舍 |
[28:26] | He was his typical self– | 他还是那个风格 |
[28:28] | the room’s too small, the water pressure’s too low, | 说房间太小了 水压不够 |
[28:31] | he wanted to know did they give me a third-class berth | 他想知道是不是因为我是用奖学金交学费 |
[28:33] | ’cause I was a scholarship kid? | 所以才分到了三等的床铺 |
[28:35] | Well, your dad, never one to be | 你老爸 从来不会 |
[28:38] | stingy with his opinions. | 吝啬发表自己的观点 |
[28:42] | There was a big dinner that night, | 那晚有个晚餐会 |
[28:45] | father and son thing. | 增进父子交流的 |
[28:48] | All the guys in my class were going. | 我班上所有的同学都去了 |
[28:51] | I didn’t even tell him it was happening. | 可我甚至都没告诉他有这个事 |
[28:54] | That’s how nervous I was he’d make a scene. | 我当时就是怕他会闹出什么事来 |
[28:56] | He’d start quizzing the big shots at my table | 他可能会质问和我一桌的领导们 |
[28:59] | about how badly they treated their workers. | 说他们对待员工太差了 |
[29:03] | It seems crazy now, | 现在想想太可笑了 |
[29:04] | but being embarrassed at that dinner | 可是当时觉得如果在晚餐会上出丑 |
[29:06] | felt like it would end my world. | 简直就是世界末日 |
[29:12] | So, we were walking off-campus to grab dinner in town. | 所以 我们出了校园去别的地方吃的晚饭 |
[29:15] | I took a wrong turn. | 可是我拐错了一个弯 |
[29:19] | There we were at the hall. There was a big banner. | 我们就来到了大厅 那里挂着横幅 |
[29:23] | All the guys were going in with their dads. | 同学们都跟他们的父亲一起进去 |
[29:25] | And they looked like… | 他们看上去 |
[29:28] | what they were. | 和平常一样 |
[29:30] | Proper gentlemen. Young masters of the universe. | 举止得体的绅士 年轻的宇宙主宰者 |
[29:35] | I looked over. My dad had stopped walking. | 我转过头来 我父亲停下了脚步 |
[29:37] | Looked up at the banner. | 抬头看着横幅 |
[29:40] | All the boys with their fathers. | 还有一对对父子 |
[29:43] | And I’ll never forget the look on his face. | 我永远也忘不了他当时的表情 |
[29:50] | He knew I was ashamed of him. | 他知道我是怕他给我丢人 |
[29:57] | That’s what he told Maureen. | 这就是他跟莫林说的事 |
[29:59] | Did you ever talk to him about it? | 你跟他谈过这件事吗 |
[30:01] | Yeah, I tried to apologize a few times over the years. | 是的 过后几年我跟他道过几次歉 |
[30:05] | He acted like he didn’t remember, but he did. | 他表现得像是已经不记得了 可并不是那样 |
[30:10] | I keep thinking… | 我一直在想 |
[30:13] | maybe when he called last week, | 如果他上周给我打电话 |
[30:16] | should I have tried again to say I was sorry | 我或许会再次跟他说对不起 |
[30:21] | and really made him listen? | 让他听我解释 |
[30:24] | Do you think maybe that was the opening he needed | 你觉得他是不是就需要这样一个契机 |
[30:28] | to ask for my help? | 来开口向我寻求帮助 |
[30:31] | I think he knew you loved him. | 我觉得他知道你爱他 |
[30:35] | And he knew that you’d grow up to be a good man, Henry. | 他也知道你成长为了一个善良的人 亨利 |
[30:39] | So I think you have to forgive that 17-year-old boy, | 所以你得原谅十七岁的自己 |
[30:43] | who was young and thoughtless. | 那个年少轻狂思虑不周的男孩 |
[30:48] | If for no other reason, | 就算不为其他 |
[30:51] | you’ll need the practice | 你就当练习练习 |
[30:53] | to forgive Jason someday | 准备好有一天 |
[30:56] | when he does something like that. | 杰森也这样对你的时候 原谅他 |
[31:02] | I think your dad did call for a reason. | 我觉得你爸打电话给你的确是有原因的 |
[31:06] | Not to ask for help. | 但不是为了找你帮忙 |
[31:09] | I think he needed to know | 我觉得他只是想知道 |
[31:10] | that you two were ending on a good note. | 你们俩有一个美好的结束 |
[31:18] | He was saying good-bye to me. | 他是在向我道别 |
[31:57] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[31:58] | Hi, Jace. You ready? | 小杰 准备好了吗 |
[31:59] | Yeah, almost. | 差不多了 |
[32:03] | I’m really sorry about the way | 我很抱歉那天 |
[32:05] | I talked to you the other day. | 那样跟你说话 |
[32:06] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[32:08] | I’m sorry I made fun of you about college. | 我也抱歉因为上大学的事情取笑你 |
[32:12] | I don’t want to be like you. | 我不想像你一样 |
[32:15] | I didn’t want to be like my old man either. I get it. | 我也不想跟我老爸一样 我懂的 |
[32:17] | I mean, like you and Grandpa. | 我是说 像你和爷爷一样 |
[32:20] | I don’t want to be fighting with you when you die. | 我不想在你去世的时候还在和你争吵 |
[32:26] | I’m not gonna let that happen, I promise. | 我们不会那样的 我保证 |
[32:31] | It’s true, my dad and I weren’t close. | 我和我爸的确不亲近 |
[32:34] | We didn’t see eye to eye on… | 我们总是意见相左… |
[32:38] | well, anything. | 好吧 就没一件事达成共识的 |
[32:42] | But I want you to feel like you can talk to me. | 但是我希望你可以告诉我你的想法 |
[32:47] | And I’ll listen. | 我会倾听 |
[32:52] | That’s really the… | 这才是… |
[32:55] | …key to everything. | …万事的关键 |
[33:00] | The Lord bless you and keep you. | 主赐福于你 予你庇护 |
[33:03] | The Lord let his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. | 主为你照亮前路 仁慈待你 |
[33:07] | The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace. | 主温柔地俯瞰你 赐你安宁 |
[33:12] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[33:13] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[33:15] | Before we begin the commendation, | 在仪式开始之前 |
[33:18] | Patrick’s son, Henry, has asked to say a few words | 帕特里克的儿子亨利想讲几句 |
[33:21] | in remembrance of his father. | 来悼念他的父亲 |
[33:39] | The thing my dad hated second most in the world | 在我爸爸的厌恶榜上排名第二的东西 |
[33:41] | was a restaurant. | 是餐厅 |
[33:43] | “Why drive to some place and have a stranger cook you food | “为什么要大老远开车去吃陌生人做的饭 |
[33:46] | when you can have it better and cheaper at home?” | 明明在家吃便宜又美味” |
[33:51] | The thing he hated most was a wedding. | 排第一的是婚礼 |
[33:55] | “Why would you spend all that money | “为什么要在还不确定婚姻能否持久的时候 |
[33:56] | when the marriage might not even work out? | 花那么大一笔钱 |
[33:58] | Stay married for ten years, and then have a party.” | 结婚十年后再来办婚宴” |
[34:02] | Maybe I’m giving you the wrong idea about my dad. | 可能我说这些会让你们误会我爸 |
[34:04] | He hated restaurants and weddings, | 他讨厌餐厅和婚礼 |
[34:07] | but he loved a good meal. | 但他喜欢美食 |
[34:10] | And he believed in marriage. | 他也相信婚姻 |
[34:13] | He just didn’t see the point in all the fanfare. | 他只是不明白大家为何要如此大张旗鼓 |
[34:17] | So I think it’s a pretty safe bet | 所以我估计 |
[34:18] | that he would not be too happy | 我们今天在这里为他大办葬礼 |
[34:19] | with what we’re doing here today. | 他肯定不会开心 |
[34:23] | My dad was a proud man. | 我爸是个骄傲的人 |
[34:26] | He didn’t believe in showing | 他不愿让别人看到 |
[34:29] | any vulnerability to the world, | 他的脆弱 |
[34:32] | and he passed that on to all of us. | 我们大家也都遗传了这一点 |
[34:36] | It mostly served us well, but it robbed us, too. | 这基本上没什么坏处 但它也让我们有所失 |
[34:40] | It robbed us of the gift of… | 它让我们失去了… |
[34:43] | letting someone else lend a hand, | 接受别人帮助的天性 |
[34:45] | the gift of letting someone you love | 还有将最脆弱的时刻 |
[34:47] | see you at-at your weakest. | 展现给我们深爱之人的天性 |
[34:51] | Made us hold onto grudges | 使我们执着于怨恨 |
[34:53] | when all we really needed to do… | 而其实这时我们最需要做的… |
[34:57] | was say… | 便是说一句… |
[35:00] | “I was wrong, and I’m sorry.” | “是我错了 对不起” |
[35:05] | I’m looking at my family now, and… | 现在 当我看着我的家人们 |
[35:10] | I see how proud you are… | 我看到了你们的骄傲 |
[35:12] | and how strong you’re all trying to be, | 以及你们强装出来的坚强 |
[35:15] | but I think the best gift that we can give | 但是我觉得 父亲已经离我们而去 |
[35:19] | to our father now that he’s gone… | 此时我们能为他做的 |
[35:29] | …is to admit that our hearts are breaking. | 就是承认我们万分悲痛 |
[35:32] | I think it would go better for us | 我想 如果我们…能相互扶持 |
[35:33] | if we… could lean on each other… | 一起为他而悲痛… |
[35:41] | …and let our hearts break together. | 可能会更好受些 |
[35:47] | I think he would like that. | 我觉得他会喜欢这样的 |
[35:50] | And then shape up and pull ourselves together | 然后收拾好心情振作起来 |
[35:53] | and, Jiminy Christmas, quit that crying. | 好了 天哪 快别哭了 |
[36:09] | “A song of ascents. | “上行之诗 |
[36:11] | “I raise my eyes toward the mountains. | “我举目望向远山 |
[36:14] | From whence shall come my help?” | 我的帮助将从何处来” |
[36:35] | Henry, smiling like he doesn’t have… | 亨利就在那微笑 就像他… |
[36:37] | – Oh, I was not smiling. – …a care in the world. | -我才没有笑 -…什么也不在乎似的 |
[36:39] | I was scared to death. | 我都快吓死了 |
[36:40] | Yeah, ’cause Dad’s car is sinking into the lake. | 是啊 因为爸的车沉到湖里了 |
[36:43] | And Dad says, “Son, what the hell happened?” | 爸说 “儿子 这怎么回事” |
[36:46] | And Henry says… | 亨利说… |
[36:47] | I said I swerved to avoid a cow in the road. | 我说我为了躲开路上的一头牛突然急转 |
[36:49] | – What? – Come on. And, no, and Dad… | -什么 -得了 才不是 然后爸说… |
[36:50] | That’s true. | 是真的 |
[36:50] | It’s true. | 真事儿 |
[36:51] | and Dad says, “Listen, kid, next time… | 然后爸说 “听好了儿子 下次… |
[36:54] | there’s a cow in the road, don’t crash the car just…” | 在路上碰到牛 被再把车撞坏了…” |
[36:56] | “Bring home the steak dinner.” | “要带回家做成牛排” |
[36:58] | You were the reason he wouldn’t let me get a car | 他才在我十八岁之前都不让我买车 |
[37:00] | till I was 18. | 原来是因为你 |
[37:01] | No, pal, that was because you stole Mom’s car | 才不是 那是因为你偷了妈的车 |
[37:03] | and blew the engine doing doughnuts | 在A&P超市的停车场里绕圈圈 |
[37:04] | in the parking lot of the A&P. | 把引擎给烧了 |
[37:05] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[37:06] | With me, unbuckled in the back seat. | 而且那时候我就在后座上还没系安全带 |
[37:08] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[37:10] | I was just checking on the progress with the EPA. | 我刚去看了下环保局那边的进展 |
[37:12] | The staff has been in meetings all day. | 大家这一整天都在开会 |
[37:14] | While you’ve been in here, checking up on Senator Stone? | 可你却一直在这 查斯通参议员的事 |
[37:20] | You called Marlene Creston, | 你给马琳·克莱斯顿打电话了 |
[37:21] | the head of the Senate Select Committee on Ethics. | 参议院道德委员会的主席 |
[37:23] | She didn’t find anything. | 她什么也没找到 |
[37:26] | And I still have no idea | 而我还是不明白 |
[37:27] | why you wanted that paragraph classified. | 你为什么要把那一段列为机密信息 |
[37:31] | You gonna let it go now? | 你现在能放过这事了吗 |
[37:32] | That’s not in my nature. | 这不是我的性格 |
[37:37] | Okay then. | 好吧 |
[37:42] | Stone is an ally of Dalton’s, | 斯通是道尔顿的盟友 |
[37:45] | running for reelection on his record, | 正在通过宣传他的政绩争取连选 |
[37:47] | which is spotless, | 他的政绩无懈可击 |
[37:49] | but his challenger is well-funded. | 但是他的对手资金充足 |
[37:52] | She’s going negative, | 她正在采取消极策略 |
[37:53] | so Stone approved his super PAC | 所以斯通批准了他的超级委员会 |
[37:55] | and a dark money nonprofit organization to fund it. | 还有一个经营灰色收入的非营利组织来提供资金 |
[37:58] | KPT Building made a donation to that nonprofit of $100,000. | KPT建筑公司向那个非营利组织捐献了十万美元 |
[38:03] | KPT Building, which is owned by the Chinese government. | KPT建筑公司属于中国政府 |
[38:07] | KPT Building, which is an American subsidiary | KPT建筑公司是武当建筑公司 |
[38:09] | of Wudang Construction, | 在美国的子公司 |
[38:11] | which is owned by the Chinese government, yes. | 而武当公司属于中国政府 是的 |
[38:14] | So is this a quid pro quo? | 所以这是交换条件吗 |
[38:15] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[38:16] | KPT just wants to defeat Stone’s opponent, | 斯通的对手支持更加严格的记录控制 |
[38:18] | who’s for stricter logging controls. | KPT公司只想打败它 |
[38:20] | But the Chinese government is still | 但中国政府仍在间接 |
[38:22] | indirectly financing an American election. | 为美国大选提供资助 |
[38:24] | And thanks to the vagaries of Citizens United, | 都因为公民联盟 |
[38:27] | it’s all perfectly legal. | 中国政府的行为是完全合法的 |
[38:29] | Then why redact the paragraph? | 那为什么要重写这一段 |
[38:31] | Because if someone with an ax to grind | 因为如果有居心不轨的人 |
[38:34] | were to read the unredacted East Africa report, | 看了未改写的东非报告 |
[38:37] | they could possibly make a connection | 他们可能会觉得斯通 |
[38:39] | between Stone and Wudang Construction. | 和武当公司之间有关联 |
[38:42] | They could make it look like | 他们可能会令整件事看起来 |
[38:43] | Marc Stone is in bed with the Chinese. | 好像马克·斯通和中国政府勾结 |
[38:46] | Isn’t he? | 他们没勾结吗 |
[38:47] | He’s an honest politician | 他是个诚实的政客 |
[38:49] | who’s been forced to accept dark money | 为了继续留在这高水平赛场上 |
[38:51] | so he can continue to play on this new level field. | 被逼无奈拿了黑心钱 |
[38:54] | Don’t blame me, blame the Supreme Court | 别怪我 要怪就怪最高法院 |
[38:56] | for a bad decision. | 做出的错误决定 |
[38:57] | The president would love to put a stake | 总统很愿意打击一下 |
[38:59] | through the heart of Citizens United, | 公民联盟 |
[39:00] | but you know he’s not gonna get traction | 但是他近期无法 |
[39:01] | in congress anytime soon. | 得到国会的支持 |
[39:03] | He’ll need a second term | 他需要连任 |
[39:04] | and every bit of support in the Senate that he can muster. | 并召集他在参议院中能得到的所有支持 |
[39:09] | So, yes, I asked a friend at the Agency | 所以 是的 我叫中情局的一个朋友 |
[39:13] | to redact that section of the report. | 来重写报告中的那一部分 |
[39:15] | I didn’t tell the president about it. | 没跟总统说 |
[39:18] | If the contribution ever does become public knowledge, | 如果这件事情被公众得知 |
[39:20] | Dalton can honestly say he knows nothing about it. | 道尔顿总统可以诚实的说自己并不知情 |
[39:23] | And what about the secretary? | 那国务卿怎么办 |
[39:24] | She’s protected as well. That’s our job. | 她也会没事的 这是我们的工作 |
[39:26] | We take the hits so they don’t have to. | 我们会承担后果而他们不用 |
[39:28] | But you didn’t bring me in beforehand, | 但你没有提前通知我 |
[39:30] | so now I have to tell her. | 现在我必须告诉国务卿 |
[39:33] | Do what you want. | 你想怎么做都行 |
[39:35] | Just make sure she knows | 提这件事的时候要确保她知道 |
[39:36] | we’re saving American’s oceans while you’re at it. | 我们是在保护美国的海洋 |
[39:39] | Those invasive species really are a menace. | 那些入侵生物真的是威胁 |
[39:43] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[39:45] | In the future, you might consider | 以后 希望你能 |
[39:46] | being more forthcoming with me. | 和我更直白一些 |
[39:50] | That’s not really in my nature, | 这不是我的性格 |
[39:52] | but… noted. | 但是 我记住了 |
[40:02] | All our bags are downstairs. | 我们的行李都在楼下 |
[40:03] | Then this is the last one. | 那这是最后一件了 |
[40:07] | I bet you’re glad to be getting home, | 我相信你为能够回家感到高兴 |
[40:09] | get back to being yourself. | 为能够做自己高兴 |
[40:12] | What do you mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[40:14] | I don’t know, it’s just… | 我也不知道 只是 |
[40:18] | at home, you would never let anyone | 在家的时候 你永远不会让别人像 |
[40:20] | talk to you the way that Aunt Maureen does. | 莫林姑姑那样对你说话 |
[40:22] | Why don’t you ever shut her down? | 你怎么不让她闭嘴 |
[40:24] | Oh, Stevie, I was so young when my parents died. | 斯蒂芬 我父母去世的时候我非常小 |
[40:27] | Then it was just your Uncle Will and me. | 我和你威尔舅舅相依为命 |
[40:30] | We were away at boarding schools most of the year. | 我们绝大部分时间都待在寄宿学校 |
[40:34] | Thanksgivings, just the two of us. | 感恩节也只有我们两个一起过 |
[40:38] | Dinner in front of the TV. | 在电视机前看电视 |
[40:40] | One Christmas, I just… | 有一次连圣诞节 |
[40:44] | …stayed at school. | 我留在学校 |
[40:48] | There was this huge snowstorm, and I got snowed in, | 有场大暴雪 我被困住了 |
[40:54] | and it was so… | 当时真的非常 |
[40:57] | quiet. | 安静 |
[41:00] | I didn’t speak to another soul for days. | 我好几天都没开口说话 |
[41:07] | And then I fell in love with your dad. | 后来我爱上了你爸爸 |
[41:10] | And he took me home and introduced me | 他带我回家并将我介绍给他 |
[41:12] | to his big, messy, raucous family. | 庞大 复杂而吵闹的家人们 |
[41:18] | At the McCord house, | 麦考德家的房子 |
[41:20] | it was never quiet. | 永远不会安静下来 |
[41:24] | Sometimes they’re laughing, sometimes fighting, | 他们有时大笑 有时争吵 |
[41:28] | but it’s always loud and on fire. | 但总是很吵闹 人们激情似火 |
[41:33] | And if I shut Maureen down, | 如果我叫你莫林姑姑闭嘴 |
[41:37] | I’d be putting out that fire. | 就扑灭了那似火的激情 |
[41:39] | I don’t want to do that. | 我不想这样做 |
[41:41] | I just want to be a part of it. | 我只希望成为其中一员 |
[41:43] | – You know? – Yeah. | -你懂吗 -懂 |
[41:47] | You need any help cleaning out the house… | 你要是需要帮忙清理家 |
[41:50] | Erin and Shane and the kids will be around, so… | 埃琳和沙恩还有孩子们都会在 所以 |
[41:52] | Well, maybe we’ll get lucky and find some cash | 我们如果幸运的话还能在 |
[41:54] | after the bank takes their cut. | 银行扣完钱之后拿到点现金 |
[41:55] | Maybe. Either way, we’ll be all right. | 可能吧 无论如果 我们会没事的 |
[41:57] | I know we will. | 我知道 |
[41:58] | Easter? | 复活节 |
[42:01] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:05] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:09] | Bye! | 再见 |
[42:14] | Later! | 再见 |
[42:28] | 进入状态了没 纳丁来电 | |
[42:30] | It is uncanny. | 好奇怪 |
[42:31] | I mean, Blake knows exactly | 布莱克总是知道 |
[42:33] | when it’s the best time to get me. | 联系我的最佳时间 |
[42:35] | It’s just… I called Uncle Will. | 我正给威尔舅舅打电话 |
[42:38] | – Hey, Will. – Hi. Hey, Will. | -威尔 你好 -威尔 你好呀 |
[42:40] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[42:41] | Well, I-I could use another three hours sleep. | 我还想再睡三个小时 |
[42:44] | Henry, I-I am so… so sorry | 亨利 我很抱歉 |
[42:47] | that I couldn’t make it out for the funeral. | 我没能参加葬礼 |
[42:49] | You know how fond I was of your father. | 你知道我有多喜欢你爸爸 |
[42:51] | He was a tough old guy. | 他是个老硬汉 |
[42:53] | Yeah, he was. | 是啊 |
[42:54] | Thanks, Will. | 谢谢你 威尔 |
[42:56] | Hi, Uncle Will. | 威尔舅舅 你好 |
[42:57] | There you go. Here you go. | 你们拿去吧 |
[42:58] | Hello, McCords. | 麦考德一家 你们好 |
[42:59] | We miss you. | 我们好想你 |
[43:01] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[43:04] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |