时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | What the hell? | 出什么事了 |
[00:26] | Holdup at the gate. | 门口被堵住了 |
[00:27] | Looks like we got a welcoming committee. | 看来这有个欢迎委员会 |
[00:30] | Hey! This is private property. | 这是私人财产 |
[00:32] | Clear the entrance! | 把路让开 |
[00:34] | You can’t come in and take what you want anymore! | 你们不能再进来想要什么拿什么了 |
[00:36] | Chile is our country, and this is our gold! | 智利是我们的国家 这是我们的金矿 |
[01:02] | Come on, let’s go. | 来 走吧 |
[01:02] | Pablo, back in the truck! | 帕博罗 回车里来 |
[01:18] | Okay, we’re going in. | 好 我们要进去了 |
[01:26] | Can’t, because we are totally ready to go. | 不行 我们已经整装待发了 |
[01:30] | Alison’s even got her coat on. | 艾莉森的大衣都穿上了 |
[01:33] | But I’ll tell you what, one last thing though. | 但我跟你说 最后一件事 |
[01:34] | You know those, um… | 你知道那些 |
[01:36] | oh, gosh, those blueberry-lemon muffins | 我超爱的那些安杰利娜家卖的 |
[01:38] | at Angelina’s that I love? | 蓝莓柠檬松饼吗 |
[01:40] | – Do you want a muffin? – No. | -你要个松饼吗 -不 |
[01:41] | All right, just two. You know what? Get four. | 好吧 两个 别别 买四个 |
[01:43] | – And then whatever you want, okay? – Of course. | -你想吃啥再买点 -没问题 |
[01:48] | You have to ask, not me. | 得你问 不是我 |
[01:49] | – I will. – Yes, I did see that. | -我会的 -我看见了 |
[01:52] | So, the protests are in Santiago now, too? | 抗议在圣地亚哥也有了吗 |
[01:57] | Okay, I’ll come in. | 好 我会过来的 |
[01:58] | But let’s make it really quick, okay? Thanks, Blake. | 但得尽快结束 好吗 谢谢 布莱克 |
[02:01] | Okay, who is excited for | 谁等不及 |
[02:03] | some college tour action? | 要去参观校园了吗 |
[02:05] | Um, maybe you should hang back. | 也许你不用来了 |
[02:07] | Stevie said she could take me. | 斯蒂芬说她会带我去 |
[02:09] | What? | 什么 |
[02:10] | I actually wouldn’t mind a break from studying. | 我不介意从书本中解放一下 |
[02:13] | And it does sound like you have your hands full. | 而且听上去你都忙死了 |
[02:15] | What, that? | 什么 什么 |
[02:16] | That’s, uh… | 那是… |
[02:19] | it’s a little kerfuffle at a gold mine in Chile. | 智利的一个金矿出了点岔子 |
[02:23] | Just ten minutes at the office, that’s it. Okay? | 就在办公室呆十分钟 好吗 |
[02:29] | It’s just… | 可是… |
[02:30] | college is supposed to be my thing, | 去大学是关于我的 |
[02:32] | and if we show up in a motorcade with diplomatic security | 如果我们带着外交安保浩浩荡荡地出现 |
[02:35] | and you and Blake constantly on the phone… | 你和布莱克不停地讲电话 |
[02:37] | I know, total bummer. | 可不 那多扫兴 |
[02:39] | Which is why I got us down to two cars, | 所以我们一共只有两辆车 |
[02:42] | and I asked Blake specifically to tell the school | 我还让布莱克特意告诉学校 |
[02:46] | not to make a fuss about anything. | 不要大张旗鼓 |
[02:50] | Because I get it, Ali, you want to be normal, | 因为我懂 艾莉 你想做个正常人 |
[02:53] | but that goes for me, too, you know. | 我也是 你知道吗 |
[02:55] | And this is a really big deal, | 这可是件大事 |
[02:56] | and I don’t want to miss out on it, | 我不想就那么错过了 |
[02:58] | and I really want to come. | 而我真心想来 |
[03:02] | Okay. Let’s go. | 好 走吧 |
[03:03] | Okay! | 好 |
[03:04] | Okay, okay. And you know what? | 好好 你知道吗 |
[03:07] | I’ll tell you what. | 我跟你说 |
[03:08] | Stevie’ll come, too. | 斯蒂芬也会来 |
[03:09] | It’ll be… | 这还是… |
[03:11] | Look at that, you already packed a bag. | 瞧瞧 你连包都装好了 |
[03:14] | Yeah, you know, just in case. | 可不 以防万一 |
[03:18] | So what do we have on this girl? | 关于这个女孩我们知道什么 |
[03:20] | We confirmed the marriage to Jibral Disah | 我们已确认她嫁给了贾布里勒·迪萨 |
[03:21] | took place in January, possibly December. | 一月或者十二月举行的婚礼 |
[03:24] | Oh, well, that’s definitive. | 那是确定了 |
[03:26] | You couldn’t find a more recent photo? | 你们没有最近的照片了吗 |
[03:27] | It’s a school I.D. Photo from 2011. | 那是张2011年的学生卡照片 |
[03:30] | Records are spotty after the fall of Gaddafi. | 卡扎菲倒台后信息就不太全面了 |
[03:32] | There’s almost nothing online. | 网上几乎什么都没有 |
[03:33] | Yeah, ISR drone’s been on the Al Wahat District 24/7, | ISR无人机全天候在瓦哈特区巡逻 |
[03:36] | but it’s pretty hard to get facial recognition | 但很难进行面部识别 |
[03:38] | when she’s only ever out in a niqab. | 因为她出门都会带面纱 |
[03:39] | You said this Hijriyyah business was the key | 你说过希雷亚 |
[03:41] | to getting Disah before he attacks us | 是在迪萨用另一颗脏弹攻击我们前 |
[03:43] | with another dirty bomb. | 抓到他的关键所在 |
[03:45] | I’m not hearing any doors opening. | 目前还没有门路 |
[03:47] | It’s gonna take time. | 需要时间 |
[03:48] | Patience and pattern analysis, | 需要耐心和形势分析 |
[03:50] | building more covert assets on the ground. | 在地面上培养更多的线人 |
[03:52] | This can’t be another ten-year quilting circle like bin Laden. | 这可不能跟本拉登一样搞成十年计划 |
[03:56] | Hizb al-Shahid is ready to attack us again. | 沙希德随时都会再次袭击我们 |
[03:58] | They got plenty of leftover uranium, | 他们还有很多铀 |
[04:00] | they’re recruiting our own citizens. | 他们在招募我们本国国民 |
[04:01] | We need to find that girl | 我们需要找到这个女孩 |
[04:03] | so we can take them down. Now. | 好把他们一网打尽 马上 |
[04:05] | We can move faster, | 我们可以加快行动 |
[04:06] | but that means taking bigger risks. | 但那意味着要冒更大的风险 |
[04:08] | Losing Mimi was a pretty big risk. | 失去米米就是个大风险 |
[04:10] | Not my call. | 并非我的决定 |
[04:12] | I’m talking about who to reach out to next. | 我说的是接下来要找谁 |
[04:15] | Disah has dozens of powerful enemies in Libya, | 迪萨在利比亚有很多强大的敌人 |
[04:17] | most of them militia leaders vying for power. | 很多都是军阀领袖嗜好权力 |
[04:19] | They want to take Disah down. | 他们想让迪萨下台 |
[04:21] | That’s a motivation we can exploit. | 我们可以利用他们的动机 |
[04:22] | We already got burned by someone we thought we could trust. | 我们已经被曾经信赖的人背叛了 |
[04:24] | These guys, we know we can’t trust. | 这些人我们知道不能信任他们 |
[04:25] | You want to get the lowest, | 想抓住畜生 |
[04:27] | you have to work with the lowest. | 就得在畜生堆里找帮手 |
[04:28] | It’s risky, but I’ve seen it yield good intel. | 风险很大 但我见过这么做能换来好情报 |
[04:30] | I have to agree with Henry on this. | 我同意亨利说的 |
[04:32] | We might be able to exploit a common interest now, | 我们也许现在能跟他们合作 |
[04:34] | but how many times has covert ops handed a gun to extremists | 但我们多少次秘密行动中把武器交给极端分子 |
[04:36] | only to have it turned on us later? | 随后他们调转枪口来打我们 |
[04:38] | Sounds like we don’t have much of a choice. | 听上去我们别无选择 |
[04:39] | Well, w… there might be another way. | 也许还有个办法 |
[04:42] | This photograph was taken at Al-Taria Academy in Tripoli. | 这张照片是在的黎波里的奥塔利亚中学拍的 |
[04:46] | I checked into the faculty. | 我看过教职员工 |
[04:47] | There’s a teacher living in Delaware under a visa. | 其中有位老师正持签证住在特拉华 |
[04:51] | She taught there at the same time. | 她当时在那教过课 |
[04:54] | Was she Hijriyyah’s teacher? | 她是希雷亚的老师吗 |
[04:55] | That I don’t know, but it’s worth looking into. | 那我不知道 但值得发掘下 |
[04:57] | High risk of exposure | 但要是这个女的对故乡还有一丝忠诚 |
[04:58] | if this woman has any loyalties back home. | 此时非常容易走漏风声 |
[05:00] | Well, we might be able to use the visa status, | 我们也许可以用签证一事 |
[05:02] | get some leverage. | 做筹码 |
[05:02] | And risk losing our only advantage? | 冒险失去我们唯一的优势吗 |
[05:04] | Which is that, so far, | 目前为止 |
[05:05] | no one knows we’re looking for this girl. | 没人知道我们在找这个女孩 |
[05:07] | All it takes is one word | 只要走漏了一个字 |
[05:08] | to make her flee our area of interest, | 她就会逃离该区域 |
[05:10] | and we’re screwed. | 我们就彻底玩完了 |
[05:11] | And talking to warlords is | 那跟军阀要情报 |
[05:12] | not risking exposure? | 就没有风险了吗 |
[05:14] | All right. Henry, go talk to this teacher with Jane. | 好了 亨利你跟简去找那个老师 |
[05:17] | Jose, | 何塞 |
[05:18] | reach out to CIA, see what assets you can find. | 联系中情局看看有什么线人可用 |
[05:22] | If all we got are two bad ideas, let’s see which one works. | 如果我们只有连个坏主意 看看那个能成 |
[05:25] | – Good morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早 |
[05:27] | Here’s a copy of today’s agenda. | 这是今天的日程 |
[05:28] | Thank you. And did you get the… | 谢谢 你买了那些… |
[05:29] | Four lemon-blueberry and a vegan scone, | 五个柠檬蓝莓松饼和一个素食司康 |
[05:32] | in case Stevie joined us. | 如果斯蒂芬来了就给她 |
[05:33] | That’s just eerie. | 这真心诡异 |
[05:34] | Mm. Thank you. | 多谢夸奖 |
[05:35] | Uh, also, I took the liberty of highlighting | 我还找了些 |
[05:37] | various students’ online reviews | 学生在网上 |
[05:39] | of professors at Rafferty College. | 对莱福蒂学院教授的评价 |
[05:42] | The debate professor is wonderfully polarizing. | 辩论课教授超级两极化 |
[05:45] | Mom, I don’t think you pay Blake enough. | 妈 你给布莱克的薪水绝对太低了 |
[05:47] | Oh, I am sure I don’t. | 可不是 |
[05:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:51] | Not that I don’t love seeing your faces, | 不是我不想见到你们 |
[05:54] | but explain to me again why I had to be here | 但告诉我为啥我要来这 |
[05:57] | to discuss protests at a gold mine in Chile. | 探讨一个关于智利金矿的抗议 |
[06:00] | The demonstrations are growing at the mine, | 金矿周围的抗议者越来越多 |
[06:03] | as well as in Santiago. | 圣地亚哥也有 |
[06:05] | Well, it’s not surprising people might object | 我不惊讶人们会对这种移开冰川 |
[06:09] | to moving an entire glacier to dig the gold out. | 开采金矿的行为有意见 |
[06:12] | It’s not so much the glacier | 和冰川倒没多大关系 |
[06:13] | as the strong whiff of neocolonialism | 主要是美国公司这种来开采拉丁美洲国家 |
[06:15] | in a U.S. Company coming in to cart off | 大批金矿运往北方 |
[06:17] | most of a Latin American country’s gold to el norte. | 很有新殖民主义的意味 |
[06:20] | Wait. This company, Hercutel, | 等下 这个赫克特尔公司 |
[06:22] | bought the rights from the Chilean government… | 从智利政府购买了开采权 |
[06:24] | – Yes. – …fair and square? | -对 -公平交易吗 |
[06:25] | Yes, the terms of which were fully agreed upon | 是的 智利矿业部部长 |
[06:27] | with Chile’s Minister of Mining. | 完全同意合同条款 |
[06:29] | But now, President Contreras | 但现在孔特拉斯总统 |
[06:31] | has found that she’s had a change of heart. | 改变了心意 |
[06:33] | It’s her incendiary statements to the press, | 她对媒体的声明煽风点火 |
[06:35] | accusing Hercutel of negotiating | 职责赫克特尔在协商中 |
[06:37] | far more than their fair share of profit, | 获得了不正当的利益 |
[06:39] | that sparked the protest. | 这才引起了抗议 |
[06:40] | Of course, what she doesn’t mention | 当然她并没提到 |
[06:42] | is that the Hercutel deal follows the same terms | 赫克特尔的合同和其它在该区域采矿的 |
[06:44] | as every other mining contract in the region. | 所有合同条款都一样 |
[06:46] | So she’s spinning the truth to try to look tough. | 所以她是靠扭曲事实来显得强势 |
[06:49] | Still not sure how State figures here. | 依然不知道国务院在这里要扮演什么角色 |
[06:54] | Yesterday, one of Hercutel’s employees, | 昨晚 赫克特尔的一位雇员 |
[06:55] | an American, was injured | 美国雇员 |
[06:57] | when a protester hit him with a rock. | 被一个抗议者用石头砸伤了 |
[06:59] | Hercutel wants assurance | 赫克特尔要求 |
[07:00] | of its employees’ safety. | 保证其雇员的安全 |
[07:02] | And the White House has made it clear | 白宫也明确表示 |
[07:05] | that this is a priority. | 这是重中之重 |
[07:08] | Ah. Well. | 好吧 |
[07:10] | Now I understand why I’m here. | 这下我懂我为什么在这了 |
[07:13] | Okay. | 好了 |
[07:14] | Um, Matt… | 马特 |
[07:16] | …draft a statement | 起草一份声明 |
[07:17] | to Foreign Minister Torres | 告诉外交部长托雷斯 |
[07:18] | reminding him of his country’s responsibility | 他的国家有责任 |
[07:21] | to protect our workers. | 保护我们的工人 |
[07:23] | Emphasize the impact on Chile’s economy | 重点强调如果他破坏和我国的贸易协议 |
[07:25] | should they jeopardize their trade agreement with us. | 对智利的经济会有什么影响 |
[07:29] | So threaten to break up with them if they cheat on us. | 就如果他们欺骗我们 我们就跟他们分手 |
[07:31] | Or at least stop hitting us with rocks. | 至少别再用石头砸我们 |
[07:34] | Okay. I am off | 好了 我走了 |
[07:35] | to try and figure out how in the world | 去研究下我如何在退休前 |
[07:37] | I’m going to pay for three liberal arts educations | 能承担三个要接受文理教育 |
[07:39] | before I retire. | 孩子的学费 |
[07:41] | French horn. | 法国号 |
[07:43] | Huh? | 什么 |
[07:44] | It’s a guaranteed scholarship. | 百分百拿奖 |
[07:48] | Well, somehow I don’t see Alison jumping on that. | 我觉得艾莉森应该没兴趣 |
[07:52] | But Jason could be in for a surprising birthday present. | 但杰森说不定会得到惊喜生日礼物 |
[07:58] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:59] | First up is the campus tour, | 首先是参观校园 |
[08:01] | featuring the bell tower completed in 1857. | 主要景观是1857年完工的钟塔 |
[08:06] | Mom, have you seen this blog about Chilean protesters? | 妈 你看了这篇关于智利抗议的博文吗 |
[08:08] | I’m reading it. | 正在看 |
[08:09] | And we’re in a regular tour group, right? | 我们是普通的参观小组 对吧 |
[08:11] | No photo op with the dean or anything? | 不用跟校长系主任合影吧 |
[08:12] | I was personally assured by the dean’s assistant | 系主任的助理亲自向我保证 |
[08:14] | of total anonymity. | 完全不会招摇 |
[08:16] | Donna. Big Sondheim fan. | 她叫唐娜 超级桑德海姆粉丝 |
[08:19] | Okay, will you tell Daisy the statement’s good to go? | 你能告诉戴西声明可以发表了吗 |
[08:21] | – We need to get on top of this with the press. – Yep. | -我们得在此事的舆论中占先机 -好 |
[08:23] | We’re here, guys! | 我们到了 |
[08:25] | Everybody ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[08:26] | All right. | 好啦 |
[08:28] | Good-bye, Madam Secretary; | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[08:30] | hello, just another college mom. | 我不过是另一个送孩子上大学的妈 |
[08:43] | Blake… | 布莱克 |
[08:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:45] | We bonded over Sweeney Todd. | 我们谈了好久理发师陶德 |
[08:54] | Dean Pistilli? | 皮斯蒂利主任 |
[08:55] | Blake Moran, hi. | 你好 我是布莱克·莫兰 |
[08:56] | – Is Donna here? – Hi. Hi. | -唐娜在吗 -你好你好 |
[08:58] | Madam Secretary, it’s such an honor. | 国务卿女士 很荣幸见到你 |
[09:01] | Welcome to Rafferty College. | 欢迎来到莱福蒂学院 |
[09:03] | This is overwhelming. | 这有点过头了啊 |
[09:04] | You… shouldn’t have. | 您不该这么费心的 |
[09:06] | It’s really the least we could do. | 小事不值得一提 |
[09:08] | These are my daughters, Stevie and Alison. | 这是我两个女儿 斯蒂芬和艾莉森 |
[09:10] | Hi. It’s so nice to meet you. Fantastic. | 很高兴见到你们 棒极了 |
[09:11] | – Alison is the reason… – Group photo, please, | -是因为艾莉森… -来合影 |
[09:13] | for the, uh, Rafferty Report! | 好在《莱福蒂评论》上登出 |
[09:15] | Bring that banner around. | 把横幅拿过来 |
[09:17] | – Okay? – Good. | -好了吗 -很好 |
[09:19] | Okay. | 好了 |
[09:24] | Uh, and to your right, you will see a display | 你们右边可以看到 |
[09:27] | of what we here at Rafferty | 我们莱福蒂这里 |
[09:30] | nobly refer to as the Wasting of Time. | 有名的无所事事 |
[09:33] | Wow. That’s an important part of the curriculum, | 我记忆中 这可是课程的 |
[09:35] | if I recall. | 一大亮点 |
[09:38] | You’re killing it with the college crowd, ma’am. | 你可真心跟大学生打成一片了 |
[09:41] | And lest you think we have too much fun, | 如果你觉得我们只知道玩乐 |
[09:43] | up ahead is the Science and Technology Center. | 前面是科技中心 |
[09:46] | Isn’t that where the Fashion and Design Department is? | 时尚设计系就在那吗 |
[09:48] | Uh, yeah, temporarily, | 暂时是的 |
[09:49] | until they’re finished with their new building. | 等他们的新教学楼完工就搬走 |
[09:51] | – Are you F&D? – Hoping. | -你要读时尚设计 -但愿吧 |
[09:53] | I should’ve guessed from the cool boots. | 看你那双靴子我就该猜到的 |
[09:55] | Well, hey, is there any chance that we could | 我们能不能 |
[09:57] | check out some of the classrooms? | 去看看教室呢 |
[09:58] | Oh, I’m pretty sure you get to go | 我很确定你们想去哪 |
[09:59] | wherever you want to, Madam Secretary. | 就能去哪 国务卿女士 |
[10:01] | See? Upside. | 看 还是有好处的 |
[10:03] | Secretary McCord? | 麦考德国务卿 |
[10:04] | Excuse me, Secretary… | 打扰下 国务卿 |
[10:06] | I’m just trying to talk to my government representative. | 我只想和我的政府代表说句话 |
[10:07] | Are you infringing on my rights? | 你是要干扰我的权利吗 |
[10:09] | Hey, it’s okay, it’s… How can I help you guys? | 没事 你们有什么事 |
[10:12] | What are you doing to stop the rapacious plunder | 你要怎么阻止美国公司赫克特尔 |
[10:14] | of Chile’s natural resources | 强取豪夺 |
[10:15] | by the U.S. Corporation Hercutel? | 智利的自然资源 |
[10:17] | I am aware of the situation. | 我很清楚情况 |
[10:19] | You’re aware? Which means you intend to do nothing. | 你清楚 就是说你打算袖手旁观 |
[10:21] | And meanwhile, Hercutel is destroying | 与此同时 赫克特尔正在摧毁 |
[10:22] | one of the few glaciers we have left, literally | 我们仅存的几个冰川之一 |
[10:24] | – moving mountains to steal gold. – If I can… | -真是移山去偷金子 -请让我… |
[10:26] | How does it feel to be the puppet | 当帝国主义政府的走狗 |
[10:27] | of an imperialist government, Secretary Cortez? | 是什么感觉 国务卿科泰茨 |
[10:31] | Hey, guys, you know what? | 各位打断一下 |
[10:31] | Thank you, but we’re gonna continue on our tour. | 谢谢你们 但我们要继续参观了 |
[10:33] | Hang on a second. | 等一下 |
[10:34] | If the situation were as black and white | 如果情况真的像网上的 |
[10:36] | as some of the coverage online, I would be | 一些报道一样非黑即白 我肯定 |
[10:38] | as outraged as all of you. | 也和你们一样生气 |
[10:42] | Can you not violate my personal space, please? | 能别侵犯我的私人空间了吗 |
[10:46] | You haven’t answered my question. | 你还没回答我的问题 |
[10:48] | Do you or do you not plan to respond | 你是否打算回应 |
[10:50] | to the demands of the Chilean people? | 智利人民的要求 |
[10:51] | Mom. Forget it. | 妈 别管了 |
[10:53] | They’re not listening. | 他们根本听不进去 |
[10:55] | I always listen to the voice of protest. | 我一向听取抗议者的声音 |
[10:58] | But protest can sometimes, | 但抗议有时候会 |
[11:00] | necessarily, simplify things. | 简化很多事 |
[11:03] | The truth is, an agreement was made | 其实 这家美国公司 |
[11:05] | between an American corporation and the Chilean government, | 与智利政府曾签订过协议 |
[11:10] | a deal that both sides agreed upon. | 双方都同意协议的内容 |
[11:13] | Our government, in particular the Department of State, | 我们的政府 尤其是国务院 |
[11:16] | does not have the power to interfere | 没有权利干涉 |
[11:19] | on a legitimate contract, even if… | 一份合法的合同 即使… |
[11:21] | Viva Allende! | 阿连德万岁[智利前总统] |
[11:22] | Down! Down on the ground! Now! | 趴下 都趴下 |
[11:26] | It’s just confetti, man. | 不过是纸花而已 |
[11:28] | So much for normal. | 真是平凡够了 |
[11:44] | Well, you can’t say that Rafferty students | 你不能说那些莱福蒂学院的学生 |
[11:45] | aren’t politically engaged. Hang on. | 没有参与政治 等一下 |
[11:48] | Well, I-I could do with a little less engagement. | 能少点人参与就少点吧 |
[11:50] | Ugh. You okay? | 好了吗 |
[11:51] | Yeah. That’s the one. | 好了 就是那个 |
[11:52] | Got it. Good. Hey. | 拿出来了 |
[11:55] | Who is up for a little room service? | 谁想点客房服务 |
[11:58] | Not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[12:00] | Hey. Come on. | 别这样 |
[12:02] | I know. It’s not about me. | 我懂 轮不到我使性子 |
[12:04] | Are you kidding? It’s all about you. | 说什么呢 你才是最重要的 |
[12:06] | You’re the reason why we’re here. | 我们是为了你才来的 |
[12:08] | Come on. Let’s go to that… | 我们去那个… |
[12:09] | Wh-What’s that thing they’re having tonight? | 今晚的那个什么来着 |
[12:11] | It’s something called the Husky Dining Hall Experience, | 一个叫”哈士奇餐厅体验”的活动 |
[12:14] | followed by a comedy improv show. | 然后又一场即兴喜剧表演 |
[12:16] | You know we can’t leave this room | 我们不可能不引起事端的 |
[12:17] | without causing an incident. Can’t we just go home? | 离开这个房间 不能直接回家吗 |
[12:19] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[12:21] | If I have learned anything, it is how fast the news cycle is. | 我已经明白了新闻变化有多快 |
[12:24] | This whole thing is probably gonna be blown over by tomorrow. | 这件事很可能明早就结束了 |
[12:26] | Just in time for the breakfast presentation | 正好能赶上明早的 |
[12:29] | on the admissions process, | 招生介绍 |
[12:31] | followed by an overview of clubs and activities. | 然后还有一系列俱乐部和活动的简介 |
[12:33] | You memorized the schedule? | 你把行程都背下来了 |
[12:36] | I don’t think it’s gonna blow over by tomorrow. | 不用等到明早了 |
[12:37] | What are you doing to stop the rapacious plunder | 你要怎么阻止美国公司赫克特尔 |
[12:39] | of Chile’s natural resources by the U.S. Corporation Hercutel? | 巧取豪夺智利的自然资源 |
[12:42] | Protest can simplify things. | 抗议能简化很多事 |
[12:44] | Which means you intend to do nothing. | 就是说你打算袖手旁观 |
[12:46] | Our government has no power… | 我们的政府没有权利… |
[12:48] | That’s completely not what I said. I… | 这根本不是我说的话 |
[12:50] | Except it’s the Internet, so now it is. | 这可是网上 现在是你说的了 |
[12:53] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[12:54] | Literally moving mountains to steal gold. | 摧毁移动的山来偷金子 |
[12:56] | – And the Chilean government… – How does it feel… | -而智利政府… -感觉如何… |
[12:58] | Listen, before you say anything… | 你先听我说 |
[12:59] | You couldn’t tell those infants | 你就不能告诉那帮小屁孩 |
[13:01] | that the State Department has no authority over | 国务院没有权利干涉 |
[13:03] | a private business deal? | 私人商业协议吗 |
[13:05] | That is exactly what I told them! | 我就是这么说的 |
[13:07] | They edited that part out! | 他们把那段删了 |
[13:08] | Then you need to find a way to put it back in! | 那你得想办法把它加回去 |
[13:11] | Thanks to your circus act, | 谢谢你耍了这场猴戏 |
[13:13] | not only are more idiot protests springing up | 现在不仅其它大学里出现了 |
[13:15] | on college campuses, but now the Chileans are putting a stay | 更多抗议者 智利政府也要叫停 |
[13:19] | on Hercutel’s mining operation. | 赫克特尔的开采 |
[13:21] | Chile is shutting down Hercutel | 就因为几个大学生朝我喊了一通 |
[13:24] | because some college kids yelled at me? | 智利就要关停赫克特尔吗 |
[13:27] | No, because you failed to put this thing to bed, | 不 是因为你没能照我说的 |
[13:29] | like I asked! | 平息这件事 |
[13:32] | Russell, it has been a very long morning, | 拉塞尔 我今早够糟心的了 |
[13:36] | so I’m just gonna ask. | 我就直接问了 |
[13:39] | We’ve got Hizb al-Shahid running around with dirty bombs. | 沙希德还带着脏弹到处跑呢 |
[13:42] | Why is it that one mine shutting down in the Andes | 为什么关停安第斯山脉的一个金矿 |
[13:46] | is a problem for the administration? | 成了政府的问题 |
[13:49] | Every screwup is a problem for this administration! | 搞砸的每件事都是政府的问题 |
[13:53] | Look, Hercutel is headquartered in Oregon, | 赫克特尔的总部在俄勒冈州 |
[13:56] | home state of Dalton’s congressional ally, | 是道尔顿在国会的同盟 |
[13:58] | Senator Westrick. | 维斯特里克参议员的出身地 |
[14:00] | The deal Hercutel made with the Chileans | 赫克特尔与智利的协议 |
[14:02] | is upward of two billion in revenue. | 能带来超过二十亿的财政收入 |
[14:05] | So… | 所以 |
[14:06] | we keep Hercutel happy, | 让赫克特尔高兴了 |
[14:10] | then Dalton keeps Westrick in his corner. | 就能让维斯特里克继续支持道尔顿 |
[14:12] | Which we need. | 而我们需要他的支持 |
[14:13] | So get that mine back up and running, | 赶紧让那个矿复工 |
[14:15] | and then get those diaper-wearing toddlers | 然后让学校里那些乳臭未干的小屁孩 |
[14:18] | on campus to love you. | 喜欢上你 |
[14:20] | What, apologize for being misrepresented? | 我被断章取义了还要道歉 |
[14:23] | Win them back with your witty tweets. | 发两条幽默的推特讨好他们 |
[14:25] | Or do a duet with Colbert. | 或者跟科尔伯特唱个二重唱[脱口秀主持人] |
[14:27] | I don’t care what you do. | 我不管你怎么办 |
[14:29] | But the youth vote counts. | 青年选票也很重要 |
[14:31] | And you just piled it up and lit it on fire. | 而你刚刚卷了一把选票点着了 |
[14:38] | Minister Torres, I’ll make this brief. | 托雷斯部长 我长话短说 |
[14:40] | We need Hercutel to resume its mining operation immediately. | 赫克特尔得立即恢复采矿作业 |
[14:44] | It’s only a temporary suspension, Madam Secretary, | 这次只是暂时停工 国务卿女士 |
[14:47] | to restore order in a time of civil unrest. | 为了平复民间的动荡 |
[14:49] | I’m sure you can understand. | 你肯定可以理解 |
[14:51] | That, I understand. | 这个我理解 |
[14:52] | But what I don’t understand is | 但我不理解的是 |
[14:54] | why Chile isn’t honoring the mineral rights agreement | 为什么智利不遵守已经与赫克特尔签署的 |
[14:57] | you already agreed to with Hercutel. | 采矿权归属的协议 |
[15:00] | Right now, President Contreras’s greater concern must be | 眼下孔特拉斯总统跟关心的是 |
[15:02] | the safety and well-being of the Chilean people. | 智利人民的安全和福祉 |
[15:05] | And my concern is for the safety and well-being | 而我关心的是美国公民的 |
[15:08] | of our U.S. Citizens, | 安全和福祉 |
[15:09] | who are getting hit in the head with rocks | 可今早他们却被石头击中头部 |
[15:12] | because your president is out there whipping up protesters | 就因为你们的总统为了显示强硬 |
[15:15] | to try to look tough on– and I quote– | 就公然鼓动抗议者 原话是 |
[15:17] | The plunders of the north? | “北方的掠夺” |
[15:20] | Now, believe me, | 现在 相信我 |
[15:22] | I understand your president has an election to win. | 我理解你们总统要赢得选举 |
[15:25] | If you’re implying that President Contreras | 如果您暗示孔特勒拉总统 |
[15:27] | is willing to sacrifice Chile’s business relationships | 为拉拢选票而愿意牺牲 |
[15:29] | for the sake of her poll numbers… | 智利的经贸关系 |
[15:32] | The U.S. Commerce Department and State Department | 美国商务部和国务院 |
[15:34] | annually assess the global investment climate. | 每年会评估全球投资环境 |
[15:38] | If Chile reneges on its contract with Hercutel | 如果智利反悔与赫克特尔公司的合约 |
[15:42] | and continues to suspend its operations, | 继续推迟行动的话 |
[15:44] | that could sink your assessment, | 这会导致你们的排名下降 |
[15:47] | basically ending foreign investment in your economy. | 基本也就终结了智利的外国投资 |
[15:50] | And that definitely won’t win any elections. | 这样的情况肯定没法赢得选举了 |
[15:55] | I will pass your concerns on to President Contreras. | 我会将您的担忧转达给孔特勒拉总统 |
[15:59] | I look forward to her response. | 我期待得到她的回复 |
[16:07] | – Ayyad. – Yes. | -伊亚德 -是我 |
[16:09] | Immigration’s here to see you. | 移民局的人来见你 |
[16:11] | Uh, you can take your break early. | 你可以早点休息 |
[16:12] | Okay. Uh, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[16:15] | – Laila Ayyad? – Yes. | -莱拉·伊亚德 -是我 |
[16:17] | – Hello. – I’m with U.S. Customs and Immigration. | -你好 -我是移民海关总署的 |
[16:19] | I just need to ask you a few questions. | 需要问你几个问题 |
[16:21] | – Is there a problem? – Not at all. | -有问题吗 -没有 |
[16:23] | It’s part of the new security measures. | 这是新安全措施的一部分 |
[16:26] | Do you mind? | 可以吗 |
[16:31] | If she thinks she’s being investigated, she’ll shut down. | 她如果感到自己被调查了就会立即停止说话的 |
[16:34] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:35] | Hey, keep it friendly, okay? | 嗨 友好点 行吗 |
[16:37] | Uh, let’s move into work history. | 问问工作经历吧 |
[16:39] | How long did you teach Islamic literature | 您在的黎波里的奥塔利亚学院 |
[16:41] | at Al-Taria Academy in Tripoli? | 教伊斯兰文学有多久 |
[16:43] | Three years. | 三年 |
[16:44] | Seven years before that in Misurata. | 那之前的七年在米苏拉塔 |
[16:47] | Uh, I put all this down on my application. | 这些我的申请上都有写 |
[16:50] | Ask her if she still has family in Libya. | 问问她在利比亚还有家人没有 |
[16:52] | And do you still have family there? | 你在那里还有家人吗 |
[16:56] | We had no connection to the Gaddafi regime, none of us. | 我们和卡扎菲政权没有关系 一个都没有 |
[17:00] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[17:01] | Now, can you tell us… | 现在 你能否告诉我们 |
[17:04] | were any of these students yours? | 这里面有你的学生吗 |
[17:10] | What does this have to do with my application | 这和我申请美国公民身份 |
[17:12] | for citizenship? | 有什么关系 |
[17:13] | As I said, this is all part | 我之前说过了 |
[17:15] | of a routine background check. | 这是惯例背景调查的一部分 |
[17:16] | – Ask about the father. – No, it’s too soon. | -问问父亲的事 -不 现在问太早了 |
[17:18] | – Too soon. No, don’t ask. – Time is running out. Ask. | -太早了 不要问 -时间不够了 问 |
[17:22] | One of your students, Hijriyyah Al Bouri, | 你的一名学生 哈德利亚·艾尔·布里 |
[17:25] | was the daughter of Idris Al Bouri. | 是伊得利斯·艾尔·布里的女儿 |
[17:26] | Do you remember her? | 你还记得她吗 |
[17:30] | I’m sorry, my break is over. | 抱歉 我的休息时间结束了 |
[17:33] | If you could answer the question. | 如果您能回答问题的话 |
[17:35] | I don’t remember. | 我记不得了 |
[17:37] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[17:39] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[17:41] | Well… | 好吧 |
[17:43] | She clearly has something. | 她肯定隐瞒了一些事 |
[17:45] | Yeah, we’ll never get it now. | 但我们现在没法知道了 |
[17:47] | Okay, we made the wrong approach. | 好吧 我们的方法选错了 |
[17:51] | Let’s go to her openly. | 就开门见山去找她吧 |
[17:53] | We know she was a passionate teacher. | 我们知道她是个很有激情的老师 |
[17:55] | Let’s see if you can connect with her as an educator. | 看看你能否与她产生教育者的共鸣 |
[17:58] | That’s a pretty big leap of faith. | 这可是信仰的大转变 |
[18:00] | You’re good at those, right? | 你很擅长这些的 对吧 |
[18:09] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[18:10] | Want to watch a crappy pay-per-view? | 要看无聊的付费电影吗 |
[18:12] | Why can’t I just explain it to them? | 我为什么不能直接跟他们解释呢 |
[18:16] | Because they grew up thinking that all conflict is injustice. | 因为他们是在”冲突都是非正义”的熏陶下长大的 |
[18:20] | That’s what you get | 这就是你给 |
[18:21] | for giving everyone a trophy for showing up. | 所有参与者以奖励所导致的后果 |
[18:25] | Well, for someone who got quite a few of those trophies, | 某人得了不少这种奖励 |
[18:28] | you turned out way cool, | 但也健康成长起来了啊 |
[18:29] | you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[18:31] | Thanks, Ma. | 谢谢你 老妈 |
[18:33] | – Hi. Sorry to bother you. – Yes, well, | -抱歉打扰 -没问题 |
[18:36] | teeming horde already beat you to it. | 你也是被狂热的游牧民族逼的 |
[18:38] | Are you never not fully groomed? | 你有任何时候不是这样西装笔挺的吗 |
[18:40] | It’s before 10:00 P.M. | 这可是晚上10点前 |
[18:43] | I just got word from Minister Torres’s office. | 托雷斯部长办公室传话过来 |
[18:45] | It seems that Chile has lifted the stay, | 智利方面似乎停止了延迟 |
[18:48] | and mining operations will resume in the morning. | 采矿作业早上就能恢复 |
[18:50] | Well, that’s great news for Russell Jackson, | 这对拉塞尔·杰克逊来说可是好消息 |
[18:53] | not so good for the teeming horde. | 对狂热的游牧民族就不是了 |
[18:56] | – Yogurt pretzels, anyone? – Ooh, me! | -酸奶椒盐饼干 有人吃吗 -我 |
[18:59] | Which brings me to my second bit of news. | 这就导致了我带来的第二条消息 |
[19:01] | Daisy wanted you to see this immediately. | 黛西想让您马上看到这个 |
[19:08] | Hello. I am Hugo. | 大家好 我是雨果 |
[19:10] | I am from the Inhawoji Nation of the Magallanes in Chile. | 我来自智利麦哲伦省因娜瓦吉族 |
[19:14] | Inhawoji has lived on this mountain for 6,000 years. | 因娜瓦吉族在这座山上生活了6000年 |
[19:19] | She is our mother. | 她是我们的母亲 |
[19:21] | She gives us food, family, life. | 她给予我们食物 家庭 生命 |
[19:24] | But the government of Chile sell our home to the Americans. | 但智利政府却将我们的家园卖给了美国人 |
[19:28] | They break our treaty | 他们撕毁了条约 |
[19:29] | and let them break our mother and take her gold. | 让美国人欺辱我们的母亲 榨干她 |
[19:33] | 6,000 years of Inhawoji will be finish. | 6000年历史的因娜瓦吉族将终结于此 |
[19:37] | I will not let this happen. | 我绝不会让这种事发生 |
[19:39] | I, Hugo, I will climb this mountain. | 我雨果 将攀登这座山 |
[19:43] | I will save my home. | 拯救我自己的家园 |
[19:45] | Or I will look at her one last time | 或者在她永远离开之前 |
[19:46] | before she is gone forever. | 再看她一眼 |
[19:49] | Tell me this isn’t real. | 告诉我这不是真的 |
[19:50] | It was posted by an indigenous human rights group in Chile. | 是智利本土的人权组织上传的 |
[19:53] | He made the same video in Spanish and his native language. | 他也用母语和西班牙语录了一遍 |
[19:57] | It says he’ll be doing a live feed | 上面说他将进行现场转播 |
[19:59] | until he reaches the top or dies, | 直到他到达顶峰或死去 |
[20:01] | – whichever comes first. – He could die? | -不管是哪一种 -他可能会死吗 |
[20:03] | Well, temperatures at the peak at this time of year | 这个时间山顶的温度 |
[20:06] | average negative 40 degrees, so yes. | 差不多是负40度 所以有可能 |
[20:10] | If he’s right, | 如果他是对的 |
[20:12] | if Chile violated a treaty with their own indigenous people, | 智利违反了与原住民的条约 |
[20:17] | then everything that these kids are yelling could be true. | 那这些孩子们在说的可能是事实 |
[20:22] | I hate to say it, but if this thing’s up already, | 我很不愿意说 但这种视频已经上传了 |
[20:26] | it kind of doesn’t matter whether it’s true or not. | 是不是真的都已经无关紧要了 |
[20:28] | Not going there yet. | 还没有那么糟糕 |
[20:30] | No, she’s right. | 不 她说的对 |
[20:31] | Nobody cares about | 没有人会在乎 |
[20:33] | the legal sale of mineral rights, | 合法出售采矿权这件事 |
[20:36] | but you give ’em an indigenous James Franco | 但这个原住民詹姆斯·弗兰科 |
[20:40] | taking his righteous cause up the mountain with a GoPro? | 已经带着摄像机和正义的理由爬山去了 |
[20:43] | Hey, what are you guys watching? | 你们在看什么 |
[20:45] | Is that The Amazing Race? | 是《极速前进》吗 |
[20:57] | The Ministry of Indigenous Peoples is confirming | 土著民族部门已经确认 |
[21:00] | that the Chilean government did in fact violate | 智利政府的确违反了 |
[21:03] | a treaty with the Inhawoji people | 与因娜瓦吉族人签订的条约 |
[21:05] | when they sold the mineral rights to their land | 在未经过他们同意的情况下把采矿权 |
[21:08] | without their consent. | 出售出去 |
[21:10] | And no one ever thought this was worth mentioning? | 没人觉得这事应该上报吗 |
[21:13] | Department of Commerce admitted they got a report | 商务部承认他们得到过一份违反条约的报告 |
[21:15] | on the treaty violation and then never passed it on. | 但没有将这份报告向上汇报 |
[21:18] | Has the President been informed? | 报告给总统了吗 |
[21:20] | Uh, they will be held accountable. | 他们会被追责的 |
[21:22] | Have we told Hercutel? | 通知赫克特尔了吗 |
[21:23] | I spoke with their PR rep. | 我和他们的公关代表谈过了 |
[21:25] | They’re saying they never knew the glacier was native land. | 他们称并不知道那座冰山为当地人所有 |
[21:28] | Cue the denials. | 推卸责任 |
[21:29] | Not from us. | 糊弄不了咱们 |
[21:30] | I want to be very clear on that. | 我希望彻查这件事 |
[21:32] | Because the next time student protesters yell at me | 因为下次抗议学生再冲我大喊大叫 |
[21:34] | about letting this happen on my watch, | 指责我在任内任由此事发生 |
[21:36] | they’re gonna be right. | 我就无话可说了 |
[21:40] | Let’s tell Hercutel they have to shut down the operation. | 告诉赫克特尔 他们必须关停 |
[21:43] | On it. | 这就去办 |
[21:44] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家了 |
[21:45] | Uh, Ma’am, there’s one other thing. | 国务卿 还有一件事 |
[21:48] | Uh, one of the students from the confrontation yesterday | 昨天冲突中的一名学生 |
[21:51] | has filed a lawsuit against the State Department. | 起诉了国务院 |
[21:54] | I’m sorry. Come again? | 抱歉 再说一遍 |
[21:55] | He feels the DS agent violated his personal space. | 他认为外交安全护卫侵犯了他的私人空间 |
[22:00] | It’s the confetti-bomb guy. | 是拉彩纸礼炮那个吧 |
[22:01] | They were a little rough taking him down. | 他们对他下手重了点 |
[22:04] | Uh, no, no, | 不不 |
[22:06] | it was another one. | 是另一个学生 |
[22:07] | The, uh, vocal one. | 动口没动手那个 |
[22:10] | The guy who was just standing there yelling at us? | 站在那冲我们嚷嚷的那个 |
[22:11] | The screamer feels we violated his… | 他冲我们大喊大叫还觉得我们侵犯了他的 |
[22:13] | The government made me yell and now my throat hurts? | 政府逼我嚷嚷 我嗓子疼就得怪他们 |
[22:15] | Guys, do you know how fast something like this | 大家知不知道这种事 |
[22:17] | could turn an election? | 能迅速逆转选举 |
[22:18] | I mean, it’s just ridiculous enough to get | 我是说 非常荒谬的一点是 |
[22:20] | way more coverage than it deserves. | 这类事件往往会被大肆报道 |
[22:22] | What’s the kid’s name? | 那学生叫什么名字 |
[22:24] | He’s choosing not to reveal that in the suit. | 他是匿名起诉的 |
[22:27] | Brian Andrew Lindstrom. | 叫布莱恩·安德鲁·林德斯特伦 |
[22:29] | He lives in Foster Hall. | 住在福斯特楼 |
[22:30] | We’ll take care of it. | 交给我们吧 |
[22:31] | No, no, no. This one I want. | 不不不 这件事我来处理 |
[22:33] | Don’t worry, I’m not gonna violate his personal space, | 放心 我不会侵犯他私人空间的 |
[22:36] | much as I would love to. | 尽管我很想这么做 |
[22:37] | We have the faculty tea in ten minutes. | 学院茶会十分钟之后就开始了 |
[22:39] | The girls will meet us there. | 姑娘们在那等我们 |
[22:40] | It’s supposed to be by the library. | 应该就在图书馆旁边 |
[22:43] | Oh, no, here we go. | 不是吧 又来 |
[22:49] | U.S. Out of Chile! U.S. Out of Chile! | 美国退出智利 美国退出智利 |
[22:52] | They’re in costume? | 他们居然还有服装 |
[22:54] | Oh, God, I’ve got… I’ve got to get this. | 天哪 我得 我得把这拍下来 |
[22:56] | What are you doing? Put that away. | 你干什么 快收起来 |
[22:58] | – Let go! Stop! Stop! Come on. – They’re coming. | -放手 别抓着我 -他们过来了 |
[23:00] | Uh… hey, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:02] | It’s cool. | 没事 |
[23:05] | Your secret’s safe with me. | 我会帮你保密的 |
[23:07] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁 |
[23:09] | It’s chill. | 别紧张 |
[23:11] | My dad’s on the Chicago City Council. | 我爸在芝加哥市议会工作 |
[23:14] | Actually, I was egged once by a mob of teachers | 有一次 一群参加合同谈判的老师 |
[23:17] | at a contract negotiation, | 还朝我扔鸡蛋呢 |
[23:18] | so I totally understand the fear of an angry public. | 所以我完全理解愤怒的民众有多可怕 |
[23:22] | I’m Ken. | 我叫肯 |
[23:23] | Alison. | 艾莉森 |
[23:25] | Are you here for Prospective Week or…? | 你是来参加开放周活动的还是 |
[23:26] | Yeah, we’re supposed to go to this faculty tea thing. | 是啊 我们想去学院茶会 |
[23:29] | Do you know where MacDougall Hall is? | 你知道麦克杜格尔大厅在哪里吗 |
[23:31] | Yeah, it’s right by the library, | 知道 就在图书馆旁边 |
[23:33] | other side of the quad. | 在另一边 |
[23:36] | This is my sister Stevie. | 这是我姐姐斯蒂芬 |
[23:38] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[23:39] | What do you think of Rafferty? | 你觉得拉弗蒂怎么样 |
[23:41] | It’s cool. | 挺好的 |
[23:42] | I actually, I kind of flamed out in high school, | 我高中过得挺失败的 |
[23:44] | so this is a pretty good place to start over. | 所以这是个重新开始的好地方 |
[23:46] | And how’s the social life? | 社交活动怎么样 |
[23:47] | Just the usual lame Greek stuff. | 就是些寻常活动 蹩脚的希腊语之类的 |
[23:50] | – Sorry if you’re into that kind of thing. – No. | -抱歉 可能你对这个感兴趣 -没有啦 |
[23:51] | But there’s actually a party tonight off-campus. | 今晚有个校外派对 |
[23:55] | My roommate’s deejaying. You should come by. | 我室友是DJ 过来看看吧 |
[23:57] | Maybe I will. | 我可能会去吧 |
[23:58] | Uh, the coast is clear. But thanks for your help. | 危险解除了 谢谢你帮忙 |
[24:01] | Keep your head down. | 保持低调 |
[24:09] | The last thing that Mom needs right now | 妈妈现在最不想看到的 |
[24:10] | is for you to get busted for underage drinking. | 就是你因为未到法定年龄就喝酒而被抓 |
[24:13] | I won’t drink. | 我不喝 |
[24:15] | Excuse me, Ms. Ayyad? | 打扰一下 伊亚德女士吗 |
[24:17] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[24:17] | Hi, my name is Henry McCord. | 你好 我叫亨利·麦考德 |
[24:19] | I work for the U.S. Government. | 我为美国政府工作 |
[24:20] | You’re not in any trouble. | 你没有惹上任何麻烦 |
[24:22] | I just… I was just wondering if I could have | 我只是 希望能借用你几分钟 |
[24:23] | a few minutes of your time? | 谈一谈 |
[24:24] | Why do you people keep showing up at my work? | 为什么你们老是出现在我工作的地方 |
[24:26] | I know you have my phone number. | 我知道你们有我的电话号码 |
[24:28] | You can’t call me? | 就不能给我打电话吗 |
[24:29] | I’m sorry for the inconvenience. | 抱歉给你带来了不便 |
[24:31] | I am studying for my citizenship. | 我正在学公民权利义务 |
[24:33] | I know I don’t have to talk to you. | 我知道我有权保持沉默 |
[24:35] | And I already told the last one everything I know, | 我已经把我知道的都告诉上次来的那位女士了 |
[24:37] | which is nothing, | 那就是 我什么都不知道 |
[24:40] | so are we done here? | 我们谈完了没 |
[24:41] | Well, at least let me buy you a cup of coffee | 至少让我请你喝杯咖啡吧 |
[24:42] | for your trouble. | 补偿一下给你带来的麻烦 |
[24:45] | I haven’t had lunch. | 我还没吃午饭 |
[24:47] | There’s a diner around the corner. | 转角那有个餐厅 |
[24:49] | I’ll just have coffee, thanks. | 咖啡就行了 谢谢 |
[24:54] | Do you like your job? | 你喜欢你的工作吗 |
[24:57] | Loading ink cartridges and listening to idiots? | 你是说给打印机装墨盒 听傻子胡扯吗 |
[25:00] | Sure. | 当然喜欢了 |
[25:01] | You must miss teaching. | 你肯定很怀念教书的日子 |
[25:04] | I miss a lot of things. | 我怀念的事情有很多 |
[25:07] | I’m a teacher, too. | 我也是教师 |
[25:09] | Ethics, morality, religious studies. | 教伦理 道德 宗教研究 |
[25:11] | But only to college students, never high school. | 不过教的都是大学生 没教过高中生 |
[25:13] | Well, then you’re missing something. | 那你可错过了 |
[25:16] | Lighting them up for the first time. | 错过了给他们启蒙的机会 |
[25:19] | That age where they’re so passionate. | 那正是最有激情的年纪 |
[25:21] | Falling in love, getting their hearts broken. | 坠入爱河 为爱心碎 |
[25:25] | That’s when poetry can literally save you. | 这时候 他们能在诗歌中找到真正的慰藉 |
[25:30] | I have two kids in high school. | 我有两个孩子在上高中 |
[25:32] | One is actually looking at colleges right now. | 有一个今天正好在大学参观 |
[25:34] | It’s killing me. | 我都快被折腾死了 |
[25:35] | Lucky kid. | 真是幸运的孩子 |
[25:36] | Wasn’t an option for most of my girls. | 我的大多数女学生都没这个机会 |
[25:42] | We’re interested in one of your former students. | 我们想了解一下你曾经教授过的一位学生 |
[25:47] | Hijriyyah Al Bouri. | 希雷亚·阿博瑞 |
[25:49] | We believe she was in your Islamic Literature class | 我们认为她在四年前 |
[25:51] | four years ago. | 上过你的伊斯兰文学课 |
[25:54] | I don’t remember her. | 我不记得她了 |
[25:56] | But it was a very bad time. | 不过那时时局动荡 |
[25:58] | Many students disappeared. | 很多学生失踪了 |
[26:00] | Laila, I want you to understand | 莱拉 我希望你能明白 |
[26:02] | that nothing you say to me will have any impact | 你对我透露的任何信息都不会 |
[26:04] | on your brother or his family in Sirte. | 伤害到你在苏尔特的兄弟和他的家人 |
[26:08] | You have my word, okay? | 我向你保证 |
[26:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:15] | This girl has been used like a chess piece– | 那女孩像个棋子一样被利用 |
[26:19] | denied her freedom, denied an education, | 被剥夺了自由和受教育的机会 |
[26:21] | forced into a horrible situation against her will. | 被强迫卷入一个可怕的局面中 |
[26:24] | And so now you want to use her to get something you want. | 而现在你们想利用她得到你们想要的 |
[26:27] | So, still a chess piece. | 所以她还是个棋子 |
[26:33] | Your homeland is a mess right now. | 你的祖国现在一片混乱 |
[26:35] | That’s why you’re here. | 所以你来到美国 |
[26:38] | I can’t tell you why we need to find Hijriyyah. | 我不能告诉你我们为什么要找到希雷亚 |
[26:41] | But we believe that what we’re trying to do | 但是我们相信我们现在所做的事情 |
[26:43] | could give Libya the chance to become | 能够让利比亚有希望成为 |
[26:45] | the country it deserves to be, | 它应该有的样子 |
[26:46] | the country it should’ve been after Gaddafi. | 成为卡扎菲之后应有的样子 |
[26:48] | And this girl, who’s had so little opportunity, | 而这个希望如此渺茫的女孩 |
[26:51] | who’s no longer allowed to be educated by people like you, | 她无法接受你这样老师的教育 |
[26:56] | she could actually help make that happen. | 但她有机会使改变发生 |
[27:00] | She could be the beginning of a huge change. | 她可能开启一个巨大的转变 |
[27:03] | For herself, for your country… | 为她自己 为了你们的国家 |
[27:07] | …and for your family. | 也为了你们的家人 |
[27:15] | She had one foot out of school | 她来我班上上课之前 |
[27:17] | before she even sh-showed up in my class. | 就已经有一只脚踏入社会了 |
[27:19] | I-I barely remember her. | 我几乎都不记得她了 |
[27:22] | So, you did teach her? | 那你是教过她了 |
[27:25] | I doubt I taught her much. | 我怀疑我教得不太多 |
[27:28] | What if I could help you | 如果我能帮你剩下的家人 |
[27:29] | get the rest of your family out of Libya? | 搬离利比亚呢 |
[27:32] | Help you become a teacher again. | 让你重新当上老师 |
[27:36] | Would you be able to help me? | 那你能帮助我吗 |
[27:41] | How? | 怎么帮 |
[27:42] | A group e-mail to all her former students, | 给她以前所有的学生发电子邮件 |
[27:45] | checking up on them after moving away. | 就说搬走之后问候一下他们 |
[27:46] | Just a concerned teacher reaching out. | 以一个关心学生的老师的姿态 |
[27:48] | No risk of exposure. | 没有暴露的风险 |
[27:49] | And she thinks these old e-mail addresses | 她觉得这些以前的电子邮箱 |
[27:51] | are still gonna work? | 地址还有效吗 |
[27:53] | This country doesn’t have running water right now, | 这个国家现在连自来水都没有 |
[27:55] | much less Internet access. | 更不用说互联网了 |
[27:56] | Jose’s right. | 何塞说得对 |
[27:57] | Let’s send in Special Ops. | 我们派特种部队去 |
[27:58] | Why bother with an inexpensive, low-risk, | 为什么要用低成本低风险 |
[28:00] | nonviolent option that could yield intel? | 非暴力 只需要使用网络的方法 |
[28:02] | The idea being if this girl responds…? | 如果这个女孩回复了 |
[28:05] | We get an I.P. address, | 我们能得到一个IP地址 |
[28:06] | which gets us that much closer to Disah. | 那样我们离迪萨就更近了 |
[28:08] | At least get a drone on her and wait. | 至少安排一个无人机跟着她 |
[28:11] | See if he shows up. | 看他是否会出现 |
[28:12] | Hey, at worst, we get some hits | 最不济我们也能利用一些 |
[28:13] | from other students we can try to use. | 来自其他学生的线索 |
[28:15] | There are some Internet cafes. | 利比亚有一些网咖 |
[28:18] | It’s worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[28:19] | The e-mail would have to go through us, obviously. | 发出去的电子邮件必须要经过我们的手 |
[28:21] | Everything will be linked to our servers. | 一切动态都会和我们的服务器连接 |
[28:23] | Any replies will come straight to us. | 一旦有任何回复都会直接发到我们这里 |
[28:24] | Laila already sent me a draft. | 莱拉已经发了一份草稿给我 |
[28:28] | You got till tomorrow morning to see if you get any hits. | 明天早上之前如果没有消息 |
[28:31] | Then we move on with Jose’s plan. | 我们就采用何塞的计划 |
[28:34] | Excuse me, guys. | 不好意思大家 |
[28:35] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[28:37] | Why are we here? This is embarrassing. | 我们为什么要来这里 真尴尬 |
[28:39] | It’s a teachable moment, | 这是一个施教时刻 |
[28:41] | and I want you to be a part of it. | 我想让你也参与 |
[28:43] | At least we’re getting a good look at student housing. | 至少我们可以好好参观一下学生宿舍 |
[28:45] | – Right. – Uh, excuse me, fellas? | -对 -不好意思 朋友们 |
[28:46] | Brian Lindstrom’s room? | 请问布莱恩·林德斯特伦的房间在哪 |
[28:48] | Uh, 417. | 417号 |
[28:51] | Hey, Brian, Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord. | 布莱恩 我是国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[28:54] | Uh, yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[28:56] | I wanted to follow up on our conversation yesterday. | 我想继续我们昨天的谈话 |
[28:59] | Uh, look, if this is about the harassment suit, | 如果你要和我谈骚扰诉讼的话 |
[29:01] | you’ll have to talk to my lawyer. | 你得找我的律师 |
[29:02] | Right, about that. | 对 关于那个 |
[29:03] | Um, I understand that you felt threatened by Matt here. | 我知道你觉得受到了马特的威胁 |
[29:08] | And he’s an intimidating guy, | 他看起来是挺吓人的 |
[29:09] | especially when he thinks I’m in danger. | 尤其是他觉得我很危险的时候 |
[29:11] | But he was just doing his job. | 但他只是在执行工作 |
[29:14] | Sorry if I violated your safe space, Brian. | 抱歉侵犯了你的安全空间 布莱恩 |
[29:18] | Nice try, guys. | 想得美 |
[29:19] | But you can’t just show up to my door and intimidate me | 你们不能突然跑到我门口来吓唬我 |
[29:21] | like I’m some developing nation you can’t control. | 就像对待某个你们无法控制的发展中国家 |
[29:24] | That’s right. I can’t. | 说得对 我不能 |
[29:26] | But I-I think I know someone who can. | 但是我知道有人能 |
[29:29] | Blake? Yeah. | 布莱克 |
[29:31] | Hello? Can you hear me? | 喂 你能听到我说话吗 |
[29:33] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[29:34] | Brian, what is going on? | 布莱恩 怎么回事 |
[29:36] | You’re suing the Secretary of State | 你居然告国务卿 |
[29:38] | for violating you? | 侵犯你 |
[29:40] | You know what violating means? | 你知道侵犯是什么意思吗 |
[29:42] | Do you want to do this inside? | 你想进房间里去聊吗 |
[29:59] | I have a right to a safe learning environment. | 我有权利要求一个安全的学习环境 |
[30:01] | That’s what you guys are paying for. | 你们付学费就是为了这个 |
[30:02] | We’re paying for you to get an education. | 我们付学费是为了让你接受教育 |
[30:04] | And I’m starting to wonder if it’s money well spent. | 我开始怀疑我这笔钱花得值不值 |
[30:06] | And a lawsuit against the U.S. Government. | 你还去告美国政府 |
[30:09] | Who’s paying for that? | 谁出的钱啊 |
[30:10] | There’s a legal aid clinic in town. | 我们有一个法律援助所 |
[30:12] | They fight against injustice. | 他们专门与不公正对抗 |
[30:14] | Will you listen to this kid? | 听听这孩子说的话 |
[30:15] | Some security guy bumping into you | 某个保安人员把你撞倒 |
[30:17] | is not an injustice. | 又不是不公正的事情 |
[30:19] | I was exercising my right to free speech. | 我是在行使我的言论自由权 |
[30:21] | They were trying to silence me! | 他们想要让我闭嘴 |
[30:23] | God, it’s like he’s two. | 天哪 他像个两岁的孩子 |
[30:25] | You’re dropping the lawsuit, Bri. | 你给我撤销诉讼 布莱 |
[30:27] | Or you can pay your own tuition. | 不然你就自己付学费 |
[30:29] | If I may, um, | 我能说句话吗 |
[30:31] | I think the thing getting lost here, | 林德斯特伦先生和太太 |
[30:34] | uh, Mr. And Mrs. Lindstrom, is | 有件事情你们弄错了 |
[30:37] | your son’s passionate commitment to social justice. | 你们的儿子对社会公正有很强烈的热情 |
[30:41] | Young people rising up against the abuse of power | 很多次 年轻人站起来反对权力的滥用 |
[30:44] | has been a force for change many times in this country, | 成为这个国家进行变革的一股力量 |
[30:46] | and Brian was right. | 布莱恩是对的 |
[30:48] | Not about the mining contract– that was legitimate. | 我不是说采矿合同的事 那是合法合同 |
[30:52] | But about the larger issue. | 我说的是更大的问题 |
[30:54] | The brutal legacy of colonialism | 残留的殖民主义 |
[30:57] | asserting itself once again in Chile. | 再一次在智利抬头 |
[31:00] | That… turned out to be true. | 这个是真的 |
[31:03] | And, Brian, without you guys and the Chilean citizens | 布莱恩 要是没有你们和那些智利公民 |
[31:07] | rising up against what you thought was wrong, | 站起来反对你们认为是错误的事情 |
[31:10] | the Inhawoji people might not have dared | 那些因哈沃基人可能也不敢 |
[31:12] | raise their voices, too, | 发出他们的声音 |
[31:14] | and found a world ready to listen. | 并且找到愿意聆听他们的声音的人 |
[31:16] | Thanks, Mrs. Secretary. | 谢谢你 国务卿太太 |
[31:18] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[31:21] | Don’t stop speaking truth to power. | 不要放弃在强权面前说出真相 |
[31:25] | But maybe the best way to call upon our better selves | 但是或许让我们表现得更好的最好方法 |
[31:29] | is for you to show us yours. | 是你自己表现得更好 |
[31:39] | Come on, don’t hold back. | 说吧 别憋着了 |
[31:40] | How’d you get college baby to drop the lawsuit? | 你是怎么让那小毛孩放弃诉讼的 |
[31:43] | Was it a total smack down? | 是不是让他无地自容 |
[31:44] | Let’s just say his parents helped him see reason. | 就当是他的父母帮他觉悟的吧 |
[31:47] | She’s being modest. It was a smack down. | 她是在谦虚 那小子的确无地自容了 |
[31:49] | Where are we with Hercutel? | 赫克特尔的话题刚才聊到哪儿了 |
[31:51] | Well, the head of operations in Chile | 智利的运行经理 |
[31:54] | was less than thrilled to be told | 听到要恢复作业后几个小时后又要暂停 |
[31:56] | to suspend operations only hours after resuming them. | 情绪非常激动 |
[32:00] | Now Chile is demanding to be reimbursed | 现在智利要求赔偿 |
[32:03] | for the loss of royalties from the sale of the land. | 卖地的提成损失 |
[32:05] | Wait, what? | 等会儿 什么 |
[32:07] | How are they in a position to demand anything | 他们有什么资格来谈条件 |
[32:11] | when they’re the ones who violated the treaty | 明明是他们违反了 |
[32:13] | with their own people? | 与本国人民的协议 |
[32:16] | Actually, Chile does have the right to be compensated. | 事实上 智利有权要求赔偿 |
[32:19] | But we might have a solution. | 但我们也许能够解决 |
[32:20] | We consulted with International Crisis Collective, | 我们咨询过国际危机组织 |
[32:23] | an environmental NGO based in Chile. | 这是一个本部设在智利的非政府环保组织 |
[32:25] | It turns out it’s feasible to move the mining site | 可以将矿区移到冰川下部 |
[32:27] | lower on the glacier, preserving the Inhawoji’s land, | 这样就能保存因哈沃基人的土地 |
[32:31] | and instead go up inside the glacier to extract the gold. | 而不是上移进入冰川来开采金子 |
[32:35] | That sounds like a move I tried in high school. | 听起来像是我高中的手段 |
[32:39] | What’s the catch? | 为什么要这样做 |
[32:40] | Well, it’s expensive, for one thing. | 一方面这样比较贵 |
[32:43] | And would require the oversight of a third party NGO | 并且还需要有第三方民间组织的监督 |
[32:46] | to ensure the process | 来确保整个过程 |
[32:48] | preserves the agriculture of the Inhawoji people. | 不侵犯因哈沃基人的农业生产 |
[32:50] | But if we can figure that part out, | 但如果我们能解决这个问题 |
[32:53] | Hercutel gets to keep its gold, | 赫克特尔能保住金矿 |
[32:55] | Dalton gets to keep his favorite congressman happy, | 道尔顿总统也能讨议员的欢心 |
[33:00] | 拯救智利的因哈沃基人民 跟随雨果抗议美国采矿的脚步 | |
[33:01] | and Hugo can come down from the mountain and go home. | 雨果也能下山回家了 |
[33:05] | It’s like we solved a Rubik’s Cube with our feet. | 真是一举多得 |
[33:08] | Yeah, well, speaking of which, | 既然说到这儿了 |
[33:10] | where is Chile with the rescue mission for Hugo? | 智利怎么不参与雨果的救援行动 |
[33:13] | It looks like he’s really getting up there. | 他看起来真的要登顶了 |
[33:15] | They were planning a rescue this afternoon, | 他们今天下午打算实施救援 |
[33:17] | but a blizzard started kicking up near the peak, so… | 但是山顶附近有暴风雪 |
[33:21] | they’re waiting for conditions to clear. | 所以他们正在等待天气情况好转 |
[33:26] | We got a hit. | 有消息了 |
[33:27] | From Hijriyyah? | 希雷亚发来的吗 |
[33:28] | – Just now. – What’s the I.P.? | -刚收到 -IP地址是什么 |
[33:29] | I don’t know yet; we just… it just came in. | 我还不知道 我们刚收到 |
[33:35] | South Korea. They’re covering their tracks. | 韩国来的 他们掩盖了踪迹 |
[33:38] | At least we know she’s got Internet. | 至少我们知道她有网络 |
[33:40] | I’ll run this through a translator. | 我把这段文字输入翻译软件 |
[33:44] | My dear Miss Ayyad: | 亲爱的伊亚德小姐 |
[33:46] | It is strange to hear from you, | 收到你的消息好奇怪 |
[33:47] | like a message from another lifetime. | 好像是来自另一个世界的 |
[33:49] | You’ll be surprised to hear that I think of you often. | 出乎你的意料 我经常想起你 |
[33:53] | You’ll hardly recognize Tripoli now, or me. | 现在你已经认不出我和的黎波里了 |
[33:56] | But I still remember the afternoon | 但我还记得你带我们去院子里 |
[33:58] | you took us to the courtyard | 吃开心果冰淇淋 |
[34:00] | to eat pistachio ice cream | 朗诵《古兰经》 |
[34:01] | and read from the Qur’an. | 的那个下午 |
[34:03] | I think often of a verse you read that day: | 我总是想起你那天读到的一段 |
[34:05] | tell he who carries their sorrows | 告诉那些悲伤的人 |
[34:08] | that there is no sorrow that endures. | 世上没有长久的悲伤 |
[34:10] | Just as delight perishes, | 正如欢乐会逝去 |
[34:12] | so too perishes sorrow. | 悲伤也会消失 |
[34:15] | I love that verse. | 我很喜欢这一段 |
[34:17] | And I remember the one after. | 下一段我也还记得 |
[34:19] | I hope you are well in a new country | 希望你在新的国家过得好 |
[34:21] | and that you still enjoy pistachio ice cream. | 希望你还喜欢吃开心果冰淇淋 |
[34:24] | Hijriyyah. | 希雷亚 |
[34:27] | That’s a good hit. | 真是个好消息 |
[34:29] | That verse is not from the Qur’an. | 那段文字不是《古兰经》上的 |
[34:30] | No, it’s not. | 不是 |
[34:31] | It’s from A Thousand and One Arabian Nights. | 是《一千零一夜》里的 |
[34:34] | What? Oh, of course it is. | 什么 是啊 当然了 |
[34:36] | Yeah, it’s from the beginning, right before | 就在书的开头 |
[34:38] | Scheherazade’s father marries her off to King Shahryar, | 谢赫拉沙德的爸爸把她嫁给那 |
[34:41] | who’s been marrying and killing a new virgin every night. | 每天先娶后杀一个处女的暴君山努亚之前 |
[34:43] | It’s a pretty obvious reference. | 这个引用很明显 |
[34:45] | Maybe Laila will remember what verse they read next. | 也许莱拉会记得他们后来读的段落 |
[34:48] | Or maybe it’s just what comes right after that line. | 也许就是下面的一段 |
[34:53] | Okay, listen to this. | 好的 听着 |
[34:53] | 山努亚国王和谢赫拉沙德的故事 《一千零一夜》 | |
[34:54] | God be upon you, father, marry me to this king. | 父亲 愿主与你同在 将我嫁给此王 |
[34:56] | For either I live or, in dying, | 无论我是生是死 |
[34:58] | I will rescue the daughters of the Muslims from his hands. | 都要挽救穆斯林的女儿们 |
[35:02] | Sounds like more of the same. | 听起来差不多 |
[35:03] | She’s bummed her father | 她抱怨父亲 |
[35:05] | married her off to a ruthless terrorist. | 将自己嫁给暴君 |
[35:06] | Or she’s ready to be part of something greater. | 也许她决定舍身取义了 |
[35:08] | Yeah, maybe. | 可能 |
[35:09] | Either way, she’s sending up a distress signal. | 无论如何 这是她的求救信号 |
[35:11] | And it’s possible that she’s willing | 她可能还想 |
[35:14] | to save more than just herself. | 救其他人 |
[35:16] | Well, if that’s true, | 如果这是真的 |
[35:17] | we might have more than just a way to find Disah. | 我们或许不止能找到迪萨 |
[35:20] | We might have an asset inside his house | 我们或许能在他那里安插内线 |
[35:21] | ready to take him down. | 随时帮我们拿下他 |
[35:26] | Ali, people are going crazy | 艾莉 人们好关心那些 |
[35:28] | about these protesters dressing up like natives. | 土著打扮的抗议者 |
[35:45] | 艾莉森 我一小时后回家 掩护我 | |
[35:51] | 拯救智利的因哈沃基人民 跟随雨果抗议美国采矿的脚步 | |
[35:52] | They can’t get the chopper up there | 因为有暴风雪 |
[35:53] | because of the blizzard, | 直升机上不去 |
[35:54] | so they’re gonna have to wait till tomorrow morning. | 所以他们得等到明早 |
[35:56] | It’s unbearable. | 怎么能这样 |
[35:58] | You got to admire his courage. | 你要佩服他的勇气 |
[36:00] | Not to mention the genius use of social media. | 更别说他聪明的利用了社交媒体 |
[36:03] | That part makes me even more nervous. | 这让我更紧张了 |
[36:06] | If this guy doesn’t make it, God forbid, | 老天千万别让他死了 |
[36:09] | he’s gonna become an easy symbol | 不然所有想将美国描绘成 |
[36:10] | for everyone who wants to paint | 冷血帝国主义的人都会 |
[36:12] | the U.S. as heartless imperialists. | 用他的事来攻击我们 |
[36:14] | Won’t matter that it wasn’t our doing. | 是不是我们干的都没关系 |
[36:18] | Uh, Ali wants to go to this poetry reading thing on campus. | 阿里想去学校的诗歌朗诵会 |
[36:22] | I told her I’d take her. | 我可以带她去 |
[36:23] | Uh, do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[36:26] | No, not at all. | 完全不介意 |
[36:27] | We’ll be back by, like, 11:00 or something. | 我们大概十一点左右回来 |
[36:30] | Um, poetry reading? | 诗歌朗诵 |
[36:33] | I know. | 是啊 |
[36:34] | It’s like she’s this whole other person. | 她好像完全变了一个人 |
[36:38] | Today, she– wait a minute– | 她今天 等会儿 |
[36:40] | she sat in on this design class, | 她旁听了设计课 |
[36:43] | and she brought back the most incredible drawings. | 带回来了很棒的图纸 |
[36:46] | You cannot believe it. It’s… | 你肯定不敢相信 |
[36:51] | Babe, are you seeing this? | 亲爱的 你看见了吗 |
[36:59] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[37:15] | No, no, the witch who hatched all the dragon eggs. | 不 她是孵化了所有龙蛋的女巫 |
[37:18] | She’s not a witch. | 她不是女巫 |
[37:19] | She’s one of the last survivors of the House Targaryen, | 她是塔格利安家族的唯一血脉 |
[37:22] | which you would know if you read the books. | 你如果看过书就会知道了 |
[37:25] | Thank you for the mansplain, Kenneth. | 多谢您指教 肯尼斯 |
[37:28] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[37:33] | Do you know how much trouble you would be in | 你知道要是妈妈知道你在这儿 |
[37:35] | if Mom knew that you were here? | 你会有多大的麻烦吗 |
[37:36] | So I wanted to be a normal person for one hour. | 我只是想当一个小时的普通人 |
[37:40] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么大不了的 |
[37:41] | You cannot just take off without telling us. | 你不能一声不吭就跑出来 |
[37:44] | I’m not you, okay? | 我不是你 好吧 |
[37:45] | I’m not gonna flame out my first year | 我不会因为承受不了 |
[37:47] | because I can’t deal. | 就在大一的时候退学 |
[37:48] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不懂就不要瞎说 |
[37:49] | And you know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[37:51] | Because you make everything this huge deal. | 因为你总是小题大做 |
[37:53] | When was the last time you did something fun? | 你上次做自己喜欢的事是什么时候了 |
[37:56] | I’m fun. | 我自得其乐 |
[37:57] | No, you’re not. | 不 不是的 |
[37:58] | And neither is Mom. | 妈妈也不是 |
[38:00] | You’ve both completely lost your ability to have fun. | 你们俩已经不知道什么是快乐了 |
[38:05] | Great. | 真好 |
[38:06] | Great. Yeah, okay. | 行了 好了 |
[38:08] | Come on, guys, delete the photos. | 各位 把照片删了吧 |
[38:09] | Or what? | 不删会怎么样 |
[38:10] | Your mom and her fascist goons will hunt me down? | 你妈妈的法西斯保镖要把我干掉吗 |
[38:14] | Fascism is the direct opposite of a representative democracy, | 法西斯主义是与代议制民主完全不同的 |
[38:17] | which you happen to be lucky enough to live in | 你很幸运能生活在这样的国家里 |
[38:19] | thanks to people like our mother | 而这一切都多亏了我妈妈这样的人 |
[38:21] | who defend it every single day. | 每天都在保卫你的权利 |
[38:23] | And by the way, you attacking and trying to silence people | 顺便说一句 别人不同意你的看法 |
[38:27] | because they don’t agree with what you think | 你就攻击他们 封他们的口 |
[38:30] | kind of makes you the fascist. | 这才是法西斯主义的表现 |
[38:40] | I just wrote a paper on World War Two. | 我刚写过一篇关于二战的论文 |
[38:43] | Nice work on Mussolini. | 你打败了这个墨索里尼[意大利法西斯独裁者] |
[38:46] | Heavy snowfall and strong winds | 暴雪和狂风 |
[38:48] | triggered the deadly avalanche that struck earlier tonight… | 在今晚早些时候引起了严重的雪崩 |
[38:52] | I have confirmation the Chilean rescue team | 我收到确认消息 智利救援队员 |
[38:54] | is due within an hour. | 将在一个小时内到达 |
[38:57] | Let’s hope he can hold on. | 希望他能挺住 |
[39:01] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[39:02] | There was an avalanche. | 发生了雪崩 |
[39:04] | We lost contact with Hugo. | 雨果失去了联系 |
[39:08] | …for mining its glaciers for gold. | …开采冰川寻找黄金 |
[39:10] | A major rescue operation is underway. | 一次大型救援行动正在进行 |
[39:12] | How could he possibly survive an avalanche? | 他怎么可能在雪崩中活下来 |
[39:15] | It’s all about the crucial first minutes | 关键就是雪落定前的 |
[39:17] | before the snow settles. | 几分钟时间 |
[39:18] | You get an arm up in front of your face, | 如果能把胳膊挡在脸前面 |
[39:21] | create an air pocket so that you can breathe. | 就能撑起一块呼吸的空间 |
[39:23] | Then you spit to see which way is up. | 然后吐一口唾沫 分清上下 |
[39:25] | Swim like mad to get to the surface, | 之后赶紧从雪堆中爬出来 |
[39:26] | hopefully before you suffocate. | 前提是没被憋死 |
[39:31] | What? Boy Scouts. | 怎么了 我参加过童子军 |
[39:36] | Ma’am, while we’re waiting, | 国务卿 在我们等待的时候 |
[39:37] | would you like an update on the Hercutel deal? | 你想听一下赫克特尔协议的进展吗 |
[39:40] | Might as well. | 好啊 |
[39:42] | The International Crisis Collective | 国际危机团体 |
[39:44] | has agreed to supervise the new mining methods. | 已经同意监督新的开采方式 |
[39:46] | The Ministry of Mining in Chile | 智利的矿业部 |
[39:48] | is drafting a contract right now. | 现在正在起草一份合同 |
[39:50] | And Hercutel– they agreed to the new deal? | 赫克特尔呢 他们同意新合同吗 |
[39:53] | The CEO was dodging my calls all day, | 他们的总裁今天一直不接我电话 |
[39:55] | but I just got word from his assistant. | 不过我刚收到他助理的回复 |
[39:57] | After meeting with the board, Hercutel determined that, | 经过跟董事会的讨论后 赫克特尔决定 |
[39:59] | rather than risk the projected nine percent reduction | 采用新的开采方法预计会减少 |
[40:02] | in profits in the alternate extraction method, | 百分之九的利润 他们不愿冒这个风险 |
[40:05] | the company will move the operation | 所以他们公司会去图库曼附近的 |
[40:08] | to another gold deposit in the Argentine Andes | 阿根廷安第斯山脉开采一个 |
[40:11] | near Tucuman. | 新的金矿 |
[40:13] | So all that was for nothing? | 我们都白忙活了 |
[40:15] | If I’m not mistaken, | 如果我没理解错的话 |
[40:16] | doesn’t that still solve all of our problems? | 这不是解决了我们的全部问题吗 |
[40:19] | If you mean Hercutel still gets | 如果你是指赫克特尔仍然可以肆无忌惮地 |
[40:21] | to rape the land with impunity– | 剥削地球上的土地的话 |
[40:22] | sorry, | 不好意思 |
[40:24] | extract precious minerals– | 是开采珍贵矿产 |
[40:26] | then, yeah, it works out for them. | 那么是的 可以解决 |
[40:28] | And the White House keeps Senator Westrick happy. | 而且白宫也能让维斯特里克议员高兴 |
[40:30] | And President Contreras gets to say | 而且孔特拉斯总统可以说 |
[40:32] | she effectively stopped the Americans | 她有力地阻止了美国人 |
[40:34] | from mining her country’s resources. | 开采他们国家的资源 |
[40:36] | So, win for her. | 所以对她来说也是胜利 |
[40:38] | – You guys. – Look. | -各位 -你们看 |
[40:40] | We have confirmed movement, | 我们已经确认有活动 |
[40:42] | which appears to be the Inhawoji man | 应该是那个之前在 |
[40:44] | who was climbing the glacier. | 攀登冰川的因哈沃基人 |
[40:45] | What? | 真的吗 |
[40:47] | – We are confirming Hugo is alive. – That’s amazing. | -我们确认雨果 还活着 -太神奇了 |
[40:50] | – He has survived the avalanche. – Yeah! | -他在雪崩中活了下来 -太棒了 |
[40:53] | The youth vote is saved. | 保住了年轻人的投票 |
[40:56] | That, my friends, | 朋友们 |
[40:59] | is as close as we’re going to get to a happy ending. | 这也算是美好的结局了 |
[41:21] | Mom? Mom? | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[41:26] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[41:27] | Is it protesters? What? | 是抗议者吗 怎么了 |
[41:29] | No. It’s Alison. | 不 是关于艾莉森 |
[41:33] | She says we’re not fun. | 她说我们不快乐 |
[41:39] | What? | 什么 |
[41:40] | She said that we used to be fun and now we’re not. | 她说我们曾经很快乐 但现在不快乐了 |
[41:44] | Stevie, can we just… | 斯蒂芬 我们能不能 |
[41:47] | Let’s wait till tomorrow when we’re at the breakfast buffet | 明天早餐的时候再谈吧 |
[41:52] | with those waffles and the weird bacon. | 有华夫饼和味道奇怪的培根 |
[41:54] | Mom, she’s right. | 妈妈 她说得对 |
[41:58] | When’s the last time we played cards? | 我们上次打牌是什么时候了 |
[42:00] | What? | 什么 |
[42:01] | We used to play cards all the time. | 我们以前经常打牌的 |
[42:04] | And you would let me eat that marshmallow creme | 而且你会让我直接抱着罐子吃 |
[42:06] | straight out of the jar. | 棉花糖奶油 |
[42:08] | We never do stuff like that anymore. | 我们好久没这么做了 |
[42:10] | Because the marshmallow creme, it made you sick. | 因为棉花糖奶油会让你生病的 |
[42:13] | No. | 不是的 |
[42:14] | We’re so careful all the time. | 我们总是很小心 |
[42:25] | You want to play Go Fish? | 你想玩扑克吗 |
[42:29] | No. | 不想 |
[42:35] | Let’s go! Come on, Mom! | 快走 快 妈妈 |
[42:36] | Ma’am, I do need to advise you against this. | 国务卿 我真的要建议您不要这么做 |
[42:39] | Advice taken. | 建议听到了 |
[42:41] | Do you have a tray? | 你有滑板吗 |
[42:42] | No, ma’am, I don’t. | 没有 国务卿 我没有 |
[42:46] | You’re gonna have a hard time keeping up. | 那你就很难追上我们了 |
[42:48] | Ma’am, I really don’t… | 国务卿 我真的不建议 |
[42:50] | – Set? – Yes. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[42:53] | – And go. – Go! | -出发 -出发 |
[43:01] | Ma’am! | 国务卿 |
[43:07] | Ma’am? | 国务卿 |
[43:08] | www.rrliuxue.com | 人人留学【免费办理】 震撼上线,赶快登陆 |