时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | How about this one? | 这件怎么样 |
[00:05] | You can’t wear that. | 别穿那件 |
[00:06] | It’ll strobe on camera. | 在镜头前会闪 |
[00:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:10] | Well, does that mean that I’ve been strobing all this time, | 你是说我长久以来一直都是亮闪闪的 |
[00:13] | and no one has bothered to tell me? | 但没人告诉我吗 |
[00:15] | Not every time. | 也不是每次啦 |
[00:16] | And nothing bright. | 而且别穿亮色 |
[00:18] | It’ll make you look like you’re trying too hard to be friendly. | 不然你看着太急切想表现出友好一面 |
[00:20] | Oh, what about your black turtleneck? | 那你那件高领毛衣呢 |
[00:22] | Dirty. | 脏了 |
[00:23] | I can’t wash it ’cause your dad broke the washing machine. | 还不能洗 因为你爸把洗衣机弄坏了 |
[00:26] | What about a black blouse? | 黑衬衫怎么样 |
[00:27] | Isn’t that too Matrix? | 是不是有点太黑客帝国风了 |
[00:29] | Excuse me, I did what? | 不好意思 我干了啥 |
[00:32] | You broke the washing machine. | 你把洗衣机弄坏了 |
[00:33] | You put too many bath sheets in it. | 你一次洗了太多浴巾 |
[00:37] | What’s a bath sheet? | 浴巾是啥 |
[00:38] | Looks like a regular towel, only way bigger, | 跟毛巾差不多 但大很多 |
[00:40] | so if you put more than one in the machine, | 如果你一次放多了 |
[00:42] | it derails the basket. | 就会把滚筒弄坏 |
[00:43] | Why do we have them? | 我们为什么会有这些浴巾 |
[00:44] | I think it was a housewarming gift. | 好像是搬新家时别人送的 |
[00:46] | I mean, do we really have to go back | 我们真的要去追寻 |
[00:48] | to primordial ooze on bath sheets? | 浴巾的史前来源吗 |
[00:50] | No, please, I’ll take care of it. | 不用 我会处理的 |
[00:53] | Sexiest words in the English language. | 简直是英语中最性感的一句话 |
[00:55] | Wear this. | 穿这件 |
[01:01] | It’s not too schoolmarm in a B western? | 是不是太像西部电影里的女教师 |
[01:04] | I don’t understand anything you just said. | 完全不知道你刚才说的是啥 |
[01:06] | What’s the interview? | 采访是关于什么的 |
[01:08] | It’s a basic profile piece with Jane Pauley. | 和简·保利做个简单的专访 |
[01:10] | I mean, nothing too difficult. | 没什么难得 |
[01:12] | Really? The original stealth journalist | 是吗 她可是原版的 |
[01:14] | disguised as America’s sweetheart? | 装成美国甜心的卧底记者 |
[01:16] | Uh, it could be difficult. | 也可能会挺难 |
[01:17] | Then all the more reason to look good. | 那就更加要穿得得体了 |
[01:20] | Then wear that. | 那就穿那件 |
[01:21] | Schoolmarm in the B western? Is always hot. | 西部电影里的女教师都超火辣 |
[01:23] | Grace Kelly in High Noon? | 就像《日正当中》里的格蕾丝·凯莉吗 |
[01:24] | Come on. | 超赞的 |
[01:25] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[01:27] | All right, problem solved. | 好 问题解决了 |
[01:28] | Who’s Grace Kelly? | 格蕾丝·凯莉是谁 |
[01:31] | Totally messing with you guys. | 我跟你们俩闹着玩呢 |
[01:32] | She invented the Kelly bag. | 她发明了凯莉包[爱马仕经典款式] |
[01:38] | The White House is hosting a peace summit today | 白宫今天要召开印度和巴基斯坦 |
[01:40] | between historic enemies, | 这两个历史敌对的国家间的 |
[01:42] | Pakistan and India. | 和平峰会 |
[01:44] | Two nuclear powers that most foreign policy experts agree | 大多数外交专家都认为这两个核武国家 |
[01:48] | are likeliest to start a nuclear war. | 最有可能展开核战 |
[01:51] | I-I think as long as the two sides are talking, | 我认为只要双方保持对话 |
[01:54] | good things can happen. | 总会有好结果 |
[01:55] | The disputed region of Kashmir | 双方争议的克什米尔地区 |
[01:58] | has been a flash point for decades, | 数十年来一直是个导火索 |
[02:00] | three wars having been fought over it. | 双方已经为此进行了三次战争 |
[02:02] | Is Kashmir on the table? | 此次峰会会讨论克什米尔问题吗 |
[02:04] | Everything is, including nuclear disarmament. | 会讨论很多问题 包括和平解除核武器 |
[02:07] | That sounds like a fantasy. | 那听着可像是白日梦 |
[02:09] | Well, so did the Berlin Wall coming down… | 退到柏林墙 |
[02:13] | and the Red Sox winning the World Series. | 和红袜子队赢得世界联赛也曾是空想 |
[02:17] | If you can’t dream it… | 但如果连想都不敢想 |
[02:18] | What are your long-term goals, Madam Secretary? | 国务卿女士 你的长远目标是什么 |
[02:21] | Beyond world peace? | 你是说除了世界和平以外吗 |
[02:22] | How do we get there? | 如何才能有世界和平 |
[02:23] | This is not what I was expecting. | 我没想到会是这样 |
[02:26] | She’s doing fine. | 她回答得挺好的 |
[02:27] | They said friendly profile piece? | 他们不是说友善的访谈吗 |
[02:29] | Well, it’s totally friendly. | 完全友善啊 |
[02:31] | They look great together. | 她们俩在一起很合拍 |
[02:31] | They could have their own show. | 都可以开一档新节目了 |
[02:32] | I should be there. | 我该在那的 |
[02:33] | Well, why aren’t you? | 那你为什么不在 |
[02:34] | We both decided Blake could handle it | 我们都认为布莱克能行 |
[02:36] | and… because he wanted to and they said it would be friendly. | 而且他们说访谈氛围十分友好 |
[02:39] | What about China? | 那中国呢 |
[02:40] | I understand you’ve developed… | 我知道你有一些… |
[02:42] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[02:43] | Oliver developed this app | 奥利弗开发了个应用 |
[02:45] | that busy people can share which lets them know | 专给大忙人用 一旦两个人的日程中 |
[02:47] | when they have a simultaneous window | 有共同的空闲时间 |
[02:49] | open in their schedules. | 就会通知他们 |
[02:51] | Apparently, we both have 55 minutes starting at 1:15, | 显然我们俩从一点十五开始有五十五分钟时间 |
[02:54] | so I can just hit accept, and we have a plan. | 所以我只要点接受 就可以一起安排 |
[02:56] | Sexy. | 真性感 |
[02:59] | I know it’s nerdy. | 我知道这略书呆子气 |
[03:00] | – I think it’s sweet. – Is it? | -我觉得很贴心 -真的吗 |
[03:03] | And romantic, | 还很浪漫 |
[03:04] | in its own way. | 某种程度来说 |
[03:06] | You mean a last kid picked in gym class kind of way? | 是做为体育课上最后被选上的孩子那种程度吗 |
[03:08] | It’s his manner of showing you that you’re a priority. | 这是他用他的方式告诉你你很重要 |
[03:13] | And I can see that thrills you. | 这明显让你很激动 |
[03:15] | Just takes some getting used to. | 我还在习惯中 |
[03:16] | Let’s move on to another topic in the news, Doomsday. | 我们来谈谈另一个新闻话题 末日 |
[03:20] | Glad we’re lightening it up. | 气氛终于开始放轻松了 |
[03:22] | The Doomsday Clock, to be exact. | 准确地说是末日时钟 |
[03:24] | Okay, now you can relax. | 现在你可以松口气了 |
[03:26] | I mean, the Doomsday Clock isn’t exactly the hard stuff. | 末日时钟又不难 |
[03:30] | For those of you who are unfamiliar, | 对于不熟悉此事的观众 |
[03:32] | this symbolic clock is set | 这个象征性的时钟 |
[03:34] | by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, | 由《原子科学家公报》设立 |
[03:37] | a nonpartisan organization | 该组织无党派 |
[03:39] | comprised primarily of renowned physicists. | 主要由知名物理学家组成 |
[03:42] | Starting in 1947, the Bulletin has set their clock | 从1947年起 《公报》设立时钟 |
[03:46] | for so many minutes to midnight. | 显示距离子夜的分钟数 |
[03:48] | The closer to midnight we get, | 离子夜越近 |
[03:50] | the nearer we are to Armageddon, | 我们离世界末日越近 |
[03:52] | with midnight being nuclear annihilation. | 午夜零时象征核战爆发 |
[03:56] | In the 1990s, after the Soviet Union collapsed | 上世纪九十年代苏联解体后 |
[03:59] | the clock moved back to 17 minutes to midnight. | 时钟被拨回至距午夜十七分钟 |
[04:03] | Today, with global nuclear weapons modernizations | 今日 随着世界核武器现代化 |
[04:07] | and growing arsenals, | 各国核武增加 |
[04:09] | the clock stands at four minutes to midnight. | 时钟现在距离午夜还有四分钟 |
[04:13] | But now, Madam Secretary, there is talk of moving it up | 但现在 国务卿女士 他们本周 |
[04:16] | to three minutes to midnight | 要在华盛顿特区的《公报》会议上 |
[04:18] | at the Bulletin’s meeting here in Washington this week. | 讨论将其拨成距午夜三分钟 |
[04:21] | Do you think this is a comment | 你觉得这是对道尔顿总统 |
[04:23] | on the Dalton administration’s foreign policy? | 外交政策的评论吗 |
[04:26] | They’re not policy experts, | 他们不是政策专家 |
[04:27] | and they certainly aren’t privy to national security briefings. | 他们也不了解国家安全简报的内容 |
[04:31] | So you disagree with their gloom and doom assessment. | 所以你不同意他们对世界末日的看法 |
[04:35] | I think with the leaders of India and Pakistan | 我觉得印巴两国领导人 |
[04:38] | meeting at the White House today, | 今天在白宫的会面 |
[04:39] | the world is getting safer. | 说明世界正变得更安全 |
[04:49] | Morning. | 早 |
[04:55] | Hey, uh, can you give me, uh, a recommendation | 能给我推荐一个附近 |
[04:57] | for a good lunch spot in the area? | 比较好吃的店吗 |
[04:59] | Uh, we only have 55 minutes, | 我们只有55分钟 |
[05:01] | so it’s got to be fast service, but not too fast, | 所以上菜要快 但不能太快 |
[05:03] | not like, uh, a cafeteria setting, | 不要像个食堂似的 |
[05:04] | but something sit-down | 但得有坐的地方 |
[05:06] | and upscale feeling, but speedy. | 要上档次 但要快 |
[05:08] | Yeah, you need to put that away. | 你赶紧把那玩意儿收起来 |
[05:10] | All right, I believe everybody knows | 好了 我相信大家都认识 |
[05:12] | Oliver Shaw, our cyber guy. | 奥利弗·肖 我们的网络员 |
[05:14] | He has a pitch on a new method | 他想出了个新办法追踪 |
[05:16] | to track down Jibral Disah. | 贾布里勒·迪萨 |
[05:18] | Thank you, Russell. | 谢谢 拉塞尔 |
[05:19] | Jackson. Sir. | 杰克逊 先生 |
[05:22] | Our last attempt to establish contact | 我们通过目标希雷亚 |
[05:24] | with our subject, Hijriyyah, Disah’s secret third wife, | 迪萨的第三任妻子曾经的老师 |
[05:27] | through her former teacher was successful | 来联系目标的尝试成功了 |
[05:29] | in that she did engage with said correspondence. | 因为得到了她本人的确认 |
[05:31] | She answered the e-mail. | 她回复了邮件 |
[05:33] | Correct. | 没错 |
[05:33] | However, the IP address was spoofed, | 但是 IP地址是假的 |
[05:35] | and subsequently we ended up | 导致我们只定位到 |
[05:38] | at a dummy server in South Korea, | 韩国的一个木偶服务器 |
[05:39] | but I’ve come up with a work-around. | 但是我想到了一个绕开它的办法 |
[05:41] | Let’s hear it. | 说来听听 |
[05:42] | I’ve developed a special rootkit | 我编写了一个隐藏程序 |
[05:43] | that can be hidden within an e-mail attachment. | 可以藏才邮件里 |
[05:45] | Once it’s opened, the rootkit will share the physical location | 只要打开邮件 隐藏程序就能自动 |
[05:48] | of the computer with Murphy Station. | 通过软件共享该电脑的位置 |
[05:49] | At that point, all we have to do | 那样的话 我们只要 |
[05:50] | is lie in wait for Disah to arrive. | 等迪萨自己现身就可以了 |
[05:52] | Well, that’s not quite as easy as it sounds. | 其实没有说起来这么简单 |
[05:55] | These guys were smart enough to spoof the IP address. | 他们都能聪明到伪装IP地址 |
[05:59] | Hijriyyah’s not gonna automatically open an attachment. | 希雷亚不会随随便便就打开这个邮件 |
[06:01] | It would have to have some personal significance. | 我们得给它加一些特殊的标记 |
[06:04] | Catnip? | 猫薄荷 |
[06:05] | Naughty nurses, or whatever? | 小护士之类的 |
[06:06] | – What? – Not that I ever open those. | -什么 -我是没有开过这种邮件 |
[06:08] | We have to proceed with caution. | 我们必须谨慎行事 |
[06:10] | We might only have one more kick at the can on this. | 情况已经千钧一发了 |
[06:12] | I think we can get Laila on board, but it’ll be delicate. | 我觉得可以找莱拉 但不太容易 |
[06:14] | Henry and I can approach him. | 亨利和我可以联系他 |
[06:16] | She might have something in her archives | 也许她的档案里有什么 |
[06:17] | that can serve as bait. | 能用来做诱饵的东西 |
[06:18] | Great, then we have a plan. | 好的 就这么决定了 |
[06:20] | Just let Oliver know | 等你准备好了 |
[06:21] | when you’re ready to hit send. | 通知奥利弗一声就行 |
[06:24] | Uh, CJ’s on G Street. | G大街的希杰家不错 |
[06:27] | Tell ’em you know me. Wait. | 告诉他们你认识我 等等 |
[06:30] | Don’t tell ’em. | 还是别告诉他们了 |
[06:33] | Do whatever you want. | 你想怎么办都行 |
[06:36] | Prime Ministers Verma and Khoosat should already be | 维尔马和库萨特总理已经在 |
[06:37] | with the president in the Oval Office. | 总统办公室会见总统了 |
[06:39] | Elizabeth, I saw your interview this morning. | 伊丽莎白 今天早上看了你的采访 |
[06:43] | Damn Doomsday Clock. | 该死的末日之钟 |
[06:45] | Pretty sure we covered several actual international crises | 我很确定我制造的几起国际危机 |
[06:49] | that I made sound like polite disagreements. | 被我们描述成了简单的政治分歧 |
[06:51] | Yeah, but the clock can hurt us. | 没错 但时钟还是对我们不利 |
[06:53] | It’s metaphoric. | 那是个比喻 |
[06:54] | The timing couldn’t be worse. | 准确选中了最糟糕的时机 |
[06:56] | Of the metaphoric clock? | 你是说比喻的时钟很准吗 |
[06:58] | With the election coming up? | 这不是正要大选吗 |
[07:00] | Problem is .86% of American voters | 问题是 0.86%的美国选民 |
[07:02] | know about the clock. | 都知道时钟的事 |
[07:04] | So less than one percent. | 就是还不到1%吗 |
[07:06] | But 79% of that .86% think | 但这0.86%中79%的人 |
[07:09] | it’s a reliable indicator of global security, | 都认为它是国际安全的可靠指标 |
[07:11] | and in a few swing states, | 在几个摇摆州里 |
[07:13] | we’re not expecting Dalton to win by more than 79% of .86%, | 道尔顿当选的几率小于0.86%的79% |
[07:17] | so the president would like you | 所以总统希望 |
[07:19] | to get into it with the Bulletin people, | 你能和公告部的人 |
[07:21] | see if you can put the brakes | 探讨一下 |
[07:22] | on this moving up the clock business. | 暂停时钟的可能性 |
[07:24] | The president actually said that? | 总统真这么说了吗 |
[07:27] | Of course not, but I speak for him, | 当然没有 但我是他的代言人 |
[07:28] | though I don’t actually want to speak on this issue, | 虽然我不是很想探讨这个问题 |
[07:30] | ’cause it would be unseemly | 因为白宫在这个问题上 |
[07:31] | for the White House to lobby on this. | 进行游说不是很得体 |
[07:33] | But not for the secretary of state. | 那国务卿就没这个问题了 |
[07:35] | I was thinking your people. | 我是打算让你的人去 |
[07:38] | You can’t lobby scientists. | 那你也不能游说科学结果啊 |
[07:40] | You can lobby anyone. | 什么都是可以游说的 |
[07:42] | It’s the great equalizer. | 游说面前人人平等 |
[07:43] | Thought that was death. | 好像是死亡面前人人平等吧 |
[07:45] | If we lose the election, I’ll want to be dead. | 要是输了大选 我真的可以去死了 |
[07:48] | Just do it, please. | 拜托你了 |
[07:50] | I’ll get into it with our people. | 我去和咱们的人计划一下 |
[07:55] | Ellen Hill is in there with him. | 艾伦·希尔在和总统见面 |
[07:56] | I’ve been gone five minutes. | 我就走了五分钟 |
[07:58] | – What the hell? – Last I heard, | -搞什么啊 -我听说 |
[07:59] | she wasn’t meeting with the Indians and Pakistanis. | 她没和印度人和巴基斯坦人会面 |
[08:01] | She’s not. | 现在也没有 |
[08:03] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[08:04] | We just got word that a Pakistani C-130 | 我们刚得到消息 一架预定在 |
[08:06] | hit rough weather as it was attempting | 巴夏机场着陆的巴基斯坦C-130 |
[08:08] | to land at Pasha Air Base | 在印巴边境的 |
[08:10] | in the Thar Desert, near the border with India. | 塔尔沙漠遭遇了恶劣天气 |
[08:12] | It crash-landed on the other side of the border | 结果15分钟前在印度境内 |
[08:14] | in India 15 minutes ago. | 坠机了 |
[08:16] | Uh, but we’re confident it was an accident. | 但我们能确定那是意外 |
[08:18] | We have a satellite moving into position to get a better look. | 我们已经调动卫星详查了 |
[08:21] | The problem is the Pakistanis launched a rescue mission. | 问题是巴基斯坦开展了救援行动 |
[08:24] | Without India’s approval. | 在没有取得印度同意的情况下 |
[08:26] | India, of course, is insisting they’ll handle the rescue | 当然 印方也坚持他们会进行救援 |
[08:28] | and warned the Pakistanis not to violate their sovereignty again. | 并警告巴基斯坦不要再次侵犯他们的主权 |
[08:32] | Why the hell are the Pakistanis being so brazen? | 巴基斯坦怎么这么无耻 |
[08:34] | We have the leaders of both countries | 两国首脑现在 |
[08:36] | right here in the building. | 都在这儿 |
[08:37] | Can’t we just get them in a room and work this out | 我们能不能让他们直接见面 |
[08:40] | before something goes horribly wrong? | 在事件恶化前想个解决办法 |
[08:43] | Or wronger. | 进一步恶化前 |
[08:45] | As much as I would like to think that would work, | 虽然我很希望这个计划能成功 |
[08:47] | Prime Ministers Verma and Khoosat | 但维尔马和库萨特总理 |
[08:48] | aren’t exactly drinking buddies, | 关系并不是很好 |
[08:50] | and I don’t want to put fuel on this fire. | 我不想火上浇油 |
[08:51] | It’s a hell of a way | 这倒是个让和平会谈 |
[08:52] | to kick off peace talks. | 告吹的好办法 |
[08:54] | Congratulations on your confirmation | 恭喜你上任 |
[08:55] | as national security advisor. | 国家安全顾问 |
[08:57] | How’s your first day going? | 第一天工作感觉如何 |
[08:59] | Mr. President, we just got our first satellite pictures | 总统先生 我们拿到了坠机现场的 |
[09:02] | of the crash site. | 第一批卫星图片 |
[09:07] | – Did it explode? – No. | -爆炸了吗 -没有 |
[09:08] | Pilots must have dumped fuel. | 飞行员肯定是把油箱抛了 |
[09:10] | It’s a good thing, because of this. | 决定很正确 因为这个 |
[09:13] | Some kind of bomb? | 这是个炸弹吗 |
[09:15] | The blunt nose cone and 60-inch body indicate | 钝头圆锥体 长度152厘米 |
[09:17] | a heavy spherical core and thick protective shielding. | 说明有球形内核 和厚重防护层 |
[09:22] | You got to be kidding me. | 你逗我吧 |
[09:23] | I wish. | 我倒是希望 |
[09:24] | That’s not just any bomb, sir. | 这不是一颗普通的炸弹 长官 |
[09:26] | It’s a nuclear warhead. | 是一颗核弹头 |
[09:44] | So when are we going to talk about the elephant in the room? | 我们什么时候谈一下这个明显的问题 |
[09:46] | Which elephant would that be, sir? | 你指的是哪个明显问题呢 先生 |
[09:48] | Beginning to feel like a herd. | 感觉问题多了去了 |
[09:50] | The fact that we didn’t know the Pakistanis | 我是指我们还不知道巴基斯坦 |
[09:51] | were moving a nuclear bomb. | 正在转移核弹这个问题 |
[09:53] | They hate that we spy on their nuclear program. | 他们不喜欢我们监视他们的核项目 |
[09:54] | That’s why they’re always moving the bombs around. | 所以他们才会经常转移核弹 |
[09:56] | And we’re supposed to be tracking them. | 但我们应该知道它们的下落 |
[09:57] | It’s an intelligence failure. | 这是情报人员做得不好 |
[09:59] | Yes, but, to be fair, | 是的 但说句公道话 |
[10:01] | I think it’s an impossible mission. | 那根本就是项不可能完成的任务 |
[10:02] | The mission is to grab up the nukes | 我们的任务是如果他们的政府跨台 |
[10:03] | in the event that the government falls. | 我们得拿到核武器 |
[10:05] | That’s hard to achieve when we don’t know where they are. | 如果我们不知道下落就不可能做到这点 |
[10:07] | Given the fragility of the regime | 考虑到他们政权很脆弱 |
[10:08] | and the fact the radicals would almost certainly take over, | 而且激进派会掌权 |
[10:11] | we can’t afford intelligence failures, | 所以我们不能有情报方面的失误 |
[10:12] | unless we’re okay with nuclear weapons ending up | 除非我们是想让核武器 |
[10:15] | on the open market and falling into the hands of terrorists. | 被卖到恐怖分子的手中 |
[10:17] | Listen, all right, | 好吧 |
[10:19] | the Pakistanis and the Indians are minutes away | 巴基斯坦和印度几分钟后 |
[10:21] | from a shootout over a nuclear bomb. | 就要对关于核弹的事展开争论了 |
[10:23] | I think we need to prioritize our elephants, sir. | 我觉得我们得把事情分一下优先级 先生 |
[10:34] | Prime Minister Khoosat, welcome. | 库萨特总理 欢迎 |
[10:38] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[10:39] | Am I to assume that President Dalton | 我是不是可以理解为 |
[10:41] | chose to speak with my Indian counterpart over me? | 道尔顿总统选择了跟印度总理谈话而不是我 |
[10:43] | These aren’t the circumstances | 这些不是我们所预见的 |
[10:45] | that any of us expected to be meeting under, | 会见情势 |
[10:47] | so we can debate the protocol later, | 所以我们之后再谈协议的事 |
[10:49] | but right now | 而现在 |
[10:51] | I need you… | 我需要你 |
[10:54] | to call off your military incursion in India. | 叫停对印度的军事入侵 |
[10:57] | Oh, not an incursion– | 不是入侵 |
[10:58] | a simple rescue mission of our plane’s crew. | 只是一次营救我们机组成员的普通行动 |
[11:00] | A column of tanks and heavy artillery | 一列坦克和重型火炮 |
[11:04] | is hardly a simple rescue mission. | 不能算是普通的营救行动吧 |
[11:08] | You do know that we have satellites. | 你应该知道我们有卫星图片的 |
[11:11] | We have a front row seat, | 我们看得很清楚 |
[11:13] | featuring a perfect view | 上面清晰地显示出 |
[11:15] | of your nuclear bomb. | 你们的核弹 |
[11:19] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[11:21] | You need to get your military to stand down. | 你必须要让你们的军队撤退 |
[11:29] | Does Prime Minister Verma know? | 维尔马总理知道吗 |
[11:31] | You must be kidding. | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[11:33] | Prime Minister Verma, | 维尔马总理 |
[11:35] | there are three things I never kid about: | 我在三件事上从来不开玩笑 |
[11:38] | God, taxes, and nuclear bombs. | 上帝 税收还有核弹 |
[11:42] | Now, you need to call your generals | 现在 你得赶紧告诉你的将军们 |
[11:43] | and tell them to hold their fire. | 让他们不要开火 |
[11:50] | Laila. Hi. | 莱拉 你好 |
[11:52] | Can we talk to you for a minute? | 我们能跟你谈谈吗 |
[11:53] | This is my colleague, Jane Fellows. | 这是我的同事 简·费罗斯 |
[11:55] | We won’t take up much of your time. | 我们不会占用你很多时间的 |
[11:57] | I-I only have a half an hour for lunch. | 我只有半个小时吃完饭的时间 |
[11:59] | And I-I don’t have anything else to say. | 而且我也没什么可说的了 |
[12:01] | I did what you asked. | 你让我做的我都做了 |
[12:02] | Yes, you did | 是的 没错 |
[12:03] | and, we greatly appreciate it. | 而且 我们非常地感激你 |
[12:05] | But now that you’ve established contact with Hijriyyah, | 既然你已经跟希雷亚建立了联系 |
[12:08] | we need you to send one more message to her. | 我们需要你再给她发一条消息 |
[12:10] | We were hoping you could send her | 我们希望你能给她 |
[12:11] | something a little more personal, | 发一点私人的消息 |
[12:12] | to remind her of your time together back home. | 让她回忆起你们以前在国内的时光 |
[12:14] | Maybe a video of some kind, | 可以是段视频什么的 |
[12:16] | or a PDF of an old assignment, or… | 或者是一份以前的作业 或者 |
[12:19] | Yeah, although… | 可是 |
[12:21] | don’t you people have anything better to do? | 你们这些人没有什么事可做了吗 |
[12:24] | Why are you so interested in Hijriyyah? | 你们为什么对希雷亚这么感兴趣 |
[12:27] | What do you want with this girl? | 你们想从这个女孩身上得到什么 |
[12:29] | I insist that you tell me. | 你们必须要告诉我 |
[12:32] | I understand you’re taking | 我知道你明天 |
[12:33] | your oath of citizenship tomorrow. | 要进行公民宣誓 |
[12:37] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[12:38] | – So this is a threat. – No. | -你这是威胁我 -不是 |
[12:40] | Not at all. | 绝对不是 |
[12:41] | Could you just see if you have anything else | 你能不能想一下有没有 |
[12:43] | that- that might speak to her? | 可以跟她说的话 |
[12:46] | I suppose I could take a look. | 我可以想一下 |
[12:49] | But I can’t promise that I will find anything. | 不过我不能保证能想出什么来 |
[12:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[12:53] | Good luck tomorrow. | 祝你明天好运 |
[12:59] | So we barely avoided an all-out war with Russia in the fall, | 我们在秋天的时候勉强避免了跟俄国全面开战 |
[13:02] | Hizb Al-Shahid is still out there plotting more attacks, | 而沙希德还在计划着要进行更多的袭击 |
[13:06] | and now India is gloating that a-a Pakistani nuke | 现在印度又在幸灾乐祸 因为巴基斯坦的 |
[13:09] | crash-landed within their border, | 一颗核弹意外到了他们境内 |
[13:10] | and we’re supposed to convince | 可我们还要说服那群 |
[13:11] | a bunch of hippie-dippie physicists | 目光短浅的物理学家 |
[13:13] | that the world isn’t getting any more dangerous? | 告诉他们我们的世界不会变得危险吗 |
[13:15] | Apparently, the Doomsday Clock people | 显然 末日时钟那帮人 |
[13:16] | also take global warming into account, | 还把全球变暖的因素考虑在内 |
[13:20] | but yes, that’s pretty much our marching orders. | 不过是的 这就是我们接到的命令 |
[13:21] | Marching into a firing squad. | 简直就是送死 |
[13:23] | And now it’s time to execute. | 现在到了执行的时间了 |
[13:27] | So to speak. | 我是顺着你们说的 |
[13:30] | Matt, would you please work | 马特 请你去跟 |
[13:32] | with the people on the first floor | 一楼的人合作一下 |
[13:33] | on bullet pointing all the positive | 重点列出从去年以来 |
[13:35] | diplomatic outcomes from the last year? | 所取得的外交方面的积极成果 |
[13:37] | Those guys haven’t had anything positive to say | 自从柏林墙倒后到现在 |
[13:39] | since the Wall came down. | 也没什么积极成果 |
[13:41] | And even then, they were griping about the clean up. | 即使那时 他们也抱怨清理得不干净 |
[13:44] | On it. | 这就去 |
[13:45] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[13:46] | Our time is theirs to squander. | 我们的时间就是让他们来浪费的 |
[13:49] | We serve at the pleasure. | 我们很乐意效劳 |
[13:51] | Even when it’s painful. | 尽管很痛苦 |
[13:54] | Daisy… | 黛西 |
[13:56] | this whole Doomsday Clock issue | 这次末日时钟的事 |
[13:59] | seems to have touched a nerve. | 好像触动了大家的敏感神经 |
[14:00] | Really? No. | 是吗 没有 |
[14:02] | I’m just trying to get my head around it. | 我只是一直在想这件事 |
[14:05] | Okay, it’s just… | 好吧 那只是 |
[14:07] | clocks. | 一个钟 |
[14:09] | One big, terrifying clock | 一个很大很吓人的钟 |
[14:10] | can’t help reminding me of another. | 让我不禁想到了另一个 |
[14:12] | Of a more biological nature. | 更有生物特性的钟 |
[14:15] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[14:16] | And not just babies. | 不光是孩子 |
[14:17] | All of it. | 所有的 |
[14:18] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:19] | Well, I don’t mean to pry. | 我不想八卦的 |
[14:21] | No, you can pry. | 没事 尽管八卦 |
[14:22] | Clearly, I need to talk about it. | 很显然我想找人谈一谈 |
[14:24] | It’s affecting my work. | 这影响到了我的工作 |
[14:27] | Okay, here it is. | 好吧 是这样的 |
[14:29] | I’m already two years behind on my life plan. | 我已经比我的人生计划晚了两年 |
[14:32] | If everything had happened the way it was supposed to, | 如果一切按计划进行的话 |
[14:34] | I’d be married and pregnant by now. | 我现在应该结完婚怀上孕了 |
[14:36] | As it is, I’m still dating, | 可我现在还在约会 |
[14:38] | and the guy I’m dating… what is that? | 而我的男朋友 算什么 |
[14:40] | I mean, could it really be a forever thing? | 我真能和他白头到老吗 |
[14:42] | He can barely spare 55 minutes– | 他连55分钟都抽不出来 |
[14:44] | how’s he gonna have a baby? | 有了孩子要怎么办 |
[14:45] | That used to be my mind at 3:00 a.m. | 这些曾是我在半夜三点考虑的事 |
[14:47] | Now it’s all the time. | 现在却时时在我脑海里 |
[14:49] | And that’s really why | 这真的是 |
[14:50] | you can’t commit to him? | 你不愿嫁给他的理由吗 |
[14:52] | Because he’s too busy? | 就因为他太忙了 |
[14:53] | No, it’s not just that. | 不 不仅如此 |
[14:54] | I mean, sure, he’s a genius | 他的确是个有天赋 |
[14:55] | and successful | 成功 |
[14:58] | and funny | 幽默 |
[14:59] | and adept, if you know what I mean. | 内行的人 你懂吧 |
[15:02] | Yes. Thank you. | 我懂 |
[15:03] | Up to speed. | 快点说吧 |
[15:04] | And I know that sounds like the whole package, | 我知道听起来好像有不少理由 |
[15:06] | but there’s this one thing | 但只有一件事 |
[15:07] | that really matters to me. | 对我最重要 |
[15:10] | He lacks spontaneity. | 他不够随性 |
[15:12] | Just to go out to lunch, | 就为了吃个午饭 |
[15:12] | the guy has to create an app. | 他就得开发个软件 |
[15:14] | I don’t want both of us to be | 我不希望我们俩总是 |
[15:16] | driven and result-oriented. | 被驱赶着 凡是都先考虑结果 |
[15:18] | What kind of life would that kid have? | 那样的话孩子的生活得是什么样啊 |
[15:20] | Two overachieving, slightly obsessed parents? | 两个过分进取 有点走火入魔的父母 |
[15:24] | He’d be in therapy by preschool. | 刚上幼儿园他就得去看心理医生了 |
[15:26] | See, I need someone to bring out the spontaneity in me. | 我需要有个人激发出我心中的真情 |
[15:29] | It seems to me like you have no idea what you want. | 我觉得你根本不知道自己想要什么 |
[15:32] | I know exactly what I want. | 我清楚地知道自己想要什么 |
[15:34] | Just because it’s rigid and unrealistic | 就因为那很刻板 不现实 |
[15:37] | doesn’t mean it’s unattainable. | 不代表就找不到 |
[15:39] | Words to live by. | 真是至理名言 |
[15:43] | Verma agreed that India will stand down | 维尔马同意印度做出让步 |
[15:44] | and allow a small Pakistani team to cross its border | 允许一支巴基斯坦小队进入印度境内 |
[15:47] | and tend to their plane’s crew. | 救援他们飞机上的人员 |
[15:48] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[15:49] | I think Khoosat will go for that. | 库萨特应该会同意 |
[15:51] | But he was pretty insistent about wanting his bomb back. | 但他坚持要回他的炸弹 |
[15:54] | Yeah, he might, uh, have to wait on that. | 这个他可能得等一等了 |
[15:57] | NGA analyzed the satellite pictures of the warhead. | 国家地理空间情报局分析了核弹头的卫星图像 |
[15:59] | Apparently, its triggering mechanism is badly damaged | 它的触发装置出现明显严重损坏 |
[16:03] | and the bomb’s penalty system | 而它的约束系统 |
[16:04] | is most likely extremely sensitive. | 貌似极其敏感 |
[16:07] | I’m no physicist, | 我不是物理学家 |
[16:08] | but I don’t think you want your nuclear bomb | 但应该没人希望自己的核弹 |
[16:11] | overly sensitive or in penalty. | 过度敏感或约束不足吧 |
[16:14] | The penalty system will set off the bomb | 如果处置不当 |
[16:17] | if it’s tampered with improperly. | 约束系统就会引爆核弹 |
[16:19] | And I guess crashing in the desert wasn’t very proper. | 而坠毁在那片沙漠算不上很恰当 |
[16:22] | So it needs to be defused. | 所以需要拆弹 |
[16:24] | Quickly, expertly, | 尽快地 专业地 |
[16:26] | carefully. | 谨慎地拆 |
[16:27] | We might have to get Khoosat and Verma in a room after all. | 看来还是得让库萨特和维尔马一起商量了 |
[16:30] | I-I’m gonna catch up with you. | 我马上回来 |
[16:32] | Just one second. | 等我一下 |
[16:33] | Do you mind? | 你介意吗 |
[16:34] | – Can I just steal you for one minute? – Yeah, sure. | -能跟他单独聊一下吗 -当然 |
[16:37] | You’ve heard about everything that’s going on here. | 你已经听说这里发生的事了吧 |
[16:39] | Yeah. | 听说了 |
[16:40] | So I know it seems pretty petty for me to bring this up, | 所以我知道现在提这个显得有点小肚鸡肠 |
[16:42] | but you said you’d handle it, | 但你说你会处理 |
[16:44] | and it’s just causing me a lot of anxiety, | 那让我特别紧张 |
[16:46] | so I thought I would check. | 所以我想问个明白 |
[16:48] | Oh, the washing machine. | 你说洗衣机 |
[16:50] | It’s fine. | 没事 |
[16:51] | I ordered the part online. | 我在网上买了配件 |
[16:52] | It’ll come tomorrow and I’ll fix it. | 明天就到 我会修的 |
[16:55] | It’ll be fine. | 别担心 |
[16:55] | You’ll fix it? | 你来修 |
[16:56] | I thought you were gonna call a repairman. | 我以为你要叫修理工来 |
[16:59] | No, I said I would take care of it. | 不 我说的是我会处理 |
[17:01] | Henry… It’s fine. | 亨利 没关系的 |
[17:02] | I don’t want to bring up the garage door. | 我不想提车库门那件事 |
[17:09] | That was a total fluke. | 那次纯属意外 |
[17:11] | A fluke that crushed two bicycles | 一个砸了两辆自行车 |
[17:14] | and nearly took out the UPS guy. | 差点要了快递员的命的意外 |
[17:16] | Are you aware that I’m capable | 你别忘了我可是 |
[17:17] | of overriding a navigation system | 在一万两千米高空的战斗机上 |
[17:19] | on a fighter jet at 40,000 feet? | 都能无视导航系统的男人 |
[17:20] | I feel really out of control | 重要电器坏了 |
[17:22] | when a major appliance is broken. | 真的让我手足无措 |
[17:24] | Like I can’t take care of my family. | 感觉像是我照顾不好家人 |
[17:26] | – I know. – And Alison is two days out | -我理解 -艾莉森的校服 |
[17:27] | of her school uniform | 已经穿了两天了 |
[17:28] | and then she’ll get demerits. | 再这么下去会被记过的 |
[17:30] | Jason doesn’t even have a B wardrobe. | 杰森压根没有备用的衣服 |
[17:31] | And I am already in the sad underwear. | 我现在穿的都是脏内裤 |
[17:34] | It’s gonna be fine. | 没事的 |
[17:36] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[17:39] | I should have known you could never negotiate | 我就知道你永远不会真诚地 |
[17:41] | in good faith. | 与我们谈判 |
[17:42] | Oh, so you think we crashed our plane on purpose? | 你以为我们是故意坠毁飞机的吗 |
[17:44] | – Okay… – I think your military only agreed to negotiations | -别吵了 -只有你把核弹运往我们的边境 |
[17:47] | if you moved your nuclear bombs closer to our border. | 你们的军方才会同意谈判 |
[17:49] | – You don’t care about peace. – Prime Minister… | -你根本不在乎和平 -总理 |
[17:49] | We can move our weapons wherever we want. | 我们想把武器运到哪儿就运到哪儿 |
[17:52] | Oh, then we can refuse | 那我们可以拒绝 |
[17:54] | to talk to your puppet government | 与你那被毫无谈判意愿的 |
[17:55] | that is controlled by warmonger generals | 好战将军们控制的 |
[17:57] | that aren’t even serious about negotiating. | 傀儡政府谈判 |
[17:59] | None of this will matter | 要是核弹引爆 |
[18:00] | if that bomb goes off. | 这些都不重要了 |
[18:02] | Which it very well may, | 而它很可能会引爆 |
[18:04] | unless we agree on a plan to defuse it and fast. | 除非我们想出一个尽快拆弹的办法 |
[18:06] | I am sending in a team of engineers. | 我要派出一队工程师 |
[18:08] | – No, you’re not. – It’s our weapon. | -想得美 -这是我们的武器 |
[18:10] | In my country, and if you can’t even transport it | 但却在我的国家里 你们连运个武器 |
[18:12] | without crashing into our lands, | 都能坠毁在我们的土地上 |
[18:14] | how are you going to defuse it? | 你要怎么拆弹 |
[18:16] | India will send in a team of experts. | 印度会派出一队专家 |
[18:17] | To work on Pakistan’s bomb? No. This will not happen. | 去研究巴基斯坦的炸弹 不可能 |
[18:20] | How will you stop us? | 你要怎么阻止我们 |
[18:21] | We thought you might have this reaction, | 我们料到了你们可能会有这种反应 |
[18:23] | so we have another idea. | 所以我们想了个别的办法 |
[18:25] | The United States will send | 美国会派出 |
[18:26] | a Joint Tactical Operations team | 一支联合战术行动小组 |
[18:28] | to defuse the bomb. | 负责拆弹 |
[18:29] | In fact, they are already in the air | 其实他们已经从我们在卡塔尔的 |
[18:31] | – from our base in Qatar. – It is our bomb. | -基地出发了 -这是我们的炸弹 |
[18:34] | Only our engineers know the design. | 只有我们的工程师才了解构造 |
[18:36] | Yes, and your people | 没错 你的人 |
[18:37] | will be there to advise. | 会到场给出建议 |
[18:39] | Without actually… touching the bomb. | 不用亲自动手 |
[18:44] | And since the site is inside India, | 而且既然地点在印度境内 |
[18:46] | an Indian team will be there to oversee the operation. | 印度的团队会到场监督整个行动 |
[18:49] | We know it’s not ideal for either of you. | 我们知道这对你们都不是很理想 |
[18:52] | But it is a compromise that you can both survive politically. | 但这一折中之法能让你们两个都避免政治灾难 |
[18:56] | Now, unfortunately, we don’t have | 不幸的是 我们现在没有时间 |
[18:57] | any more time to talk about this. | 继续争论此事 |
[19:00] | So are we all in agreement? | 大家都同意这个方案了吧 |
[19:15] | Well, so much for our do-gooding teacher. | 真是受够那个圣母老师了 |
[19:18] | After your visit, she immediately e-mails Hijriyyah | 你们找她之后 她马上就给希雷亚发了邮件 |
[19:20] | to warn her about our attempts to track her down? | 提醒她我们正在找她 |
[19:24] | I assume that’s what you’re looking at | 我猜你们俩这一脸哭丧似的表情 |
[19:25] | with those graveyard expressions. | 就是在看这消息吧 |
[19:26] | We knew this was a possibility. | 这一情况也是预料之中 |
[19:28] | Yes, so we managed to intercept the e-mail. | 是的 所以我们截下了邮件 |
[19:31] | But I have had a change of heart about our strategy. | 但是我决定改变策略 |
[19:35] | I am going with arrest and detain her, | 我赞成将她逮捕关押 |
[19:37] | ransack her apartment, | 搜查她的公寓 |
[19:39] | block her citizenship | 禁止她获得美国国籍 |
[19:40] | and leave her to the mercy of Immigration. | 再把她交给移民局处理 |
[19:42] | You got my vote. | 我赞同 |
[19:44] | Oh, here’s Henry to tell me why that’s too extreme. | 亨利又要来说教这手段太极端了 |
[19:47] | Her e-mail showed no complicity | 她的邮件并没有显示 |
[19:48] | with terrorists or radical Jihad. | 她与恐怖分子或圣战组织相勾结 |
[19:50] | If she had known that Hijriyyah was married to the world’s | 如果她知道希雷亚嫁给了世界头号通缉犯 |
[19:52] | most wanted man, she might have been willing to help. | 她或许就愿意帮我们了 |
[19:54] | She lived for years under a very oppressive regime. | 她在一个暴虐的政权统治之下生活了多年 |
[19:57] | All she saw was a powerful government agency | 她所见的 是一个强势的政府机构 |
[19:59] | suddenly targeting a former student. | 突然盯上了她曾经的学生 |
[20:00] | She was concerned for the girl’s safety. | 她担心这个女孩的安危 |
[20:02] | That is profoundly uninteresting to me. | 我对此毫无兴趣 |
[20:05] | I’m turning this over to Jose now. | 现在我把这事交给何塞负责 |
[20:07] | Put together a small tactical team | 组一支小型战术小队 |
[20:09] | to go in there and turn the place upside down | 去把那地方翻个底朝天 |
[20:10] | for anything that might be of use. | 任何可能有用的信息都不能漏过 |
[20:12] | Yes, sir. My pleasure. | 是的 长官 这是我的荣幸 |
[20:13] | You two, get fine with this. | 你们两个 不服憋着 |
[20:15] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 恕我失陪 |
[20:16] | I have to see about a nuclear bomb. | 我得去处理核弹了 |
[20:20] | You may have a handle on, uh, military ethics, Professor, | 军事伦理或许是你的专长 教授 |
[20:24] | but I come from the school of whatever works. | 而我信奉的是一切能奏效的手段 |
[20:28] | And this works. | 现在能奏效的就是这办法 |
[20:36] | How’s it going? | 情况怎么样了 |
[20:37] | No mushroom cloud. | 没看到蘑菇云 |
[20:38] | Not yet. | 暂时还没有 |
[20:40] | Sir, our JTOC coordinator at the bomb site | 总统阁下 我们的JTOC协调员 |
[20:43] | just sent his latest assessment. | 刚刚从坠毁点发回了他的最新评估报告 |
[20:45] | They still think they can defuse the damn thing? | 他们还是认为能拆除那该死的玩意吗 |
[20:46] | Yes. But it’s not the type of warhead | 是的 但是在现场发现的弹头 |
[20:48] | they expected to find. | 与他们预计的有出入 |
[20:50] | What the hell is it? | 那到底是什么东西 |
[20:51] | A hydrogen bomb. | 氢弹 |
[20:56] | The hits keep coming. | 真是惊喜不断 |
[20:58] | Well, no wonder the Pakistanis were so reluctant | 怪不得巴基斯坦方面这么不情愿 |
[21:01] | to let us get under its hood. | 让我们插手 |
[21:03] | So not only did we not know they were moving it, | 所以我们不仅不知道他们在运输这个弹头 |
[21:05] | we didn’t even know they’d upgraded their technology. | 甚至连他们的技术升级了都不知道 |
[21:12] | Of course the Secretary is aware of the situation. | 国务卿当然了解情况 |
[21:14] | Of course she’s involved | 她自然已经介入 |
[21:15] | and of course it is being managed. | 事态已经得到了控制 |
[21:18] | It’s a misplaced nuclear bomb, Evan. | 这可是个放错地方的核弹 埃文 |
[21:20] | Do you really think anyone’s waiting around | 你真的觉得会有人会 |
[21:22] | to see how it plays out? | 干等着看戏吗 |
[21:24] | You absolutely can print that. | 尽管发表你的 |
[21:26] | Hey, ready to go? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:28] | I got a recommendation from Russell Jackson. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊给我推荐了一个地方 |
[21:30] | It is a six-minute walk. | 步行过去只要六分钟 |
[21:31] | I printed up the menu, | 我已经把菜单打印出来了 |
[21:32] | so we can decide what to order on the walk over. | 我们可以在路上决定吃什么 |
[21:34] | And you are looking at me | 你看着我的眼神 |
[21:36] | like you have no idea what I’m talking about. | 好像在说你完全不知道我在说什么 |
[21:38] | The 55-minute window. I forgot. | 你在说55分钟的约会 我忘了 |
[21:41] | But can’t. | 我去不了了 |
[21:42] | I have to convince the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists | 我得去说服《原子科学家公报》 |
[21:45] | to not move the Doomsday Clock up one minute. | 不要把末日时钟往前拨一分钟 |
[21:47] | Oh, seriously? | 真的吗 |
[21:49] | That is so cool. | 太酷了 |
[21:51] | How is that–? | 这怎么就 |
[21:52] | The people on the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board | 《原子科学家公报》理事会的人 |
[21:54] | are like rock stars in their individual fields. | 就是他们各自领域的巨星 |
[21:57] | Nobel Prize-winning physicists and engineers. | 得过诺贝尔奖的物理学家和工程师 |
[21:59] | I’m a big fan of their work. | 我是他们的忠实粉丝 |
[22:01] | And not everyone knows this about them, | 并不是每个人都这么了解他们 |
[22:02] | insane partiers. | 这些人简直是疯子 |
[22:04] | Just before they announce their publication, | 就在杂志出版前夕 |
[22:05] | they throw a big blowout into all hours of the night. | 他们争论了一整晚 |
[22:09] | Well, as someone with insight into these great minds, | 既然你对他们有这么深入的了解 |
[22:13] | do you think I’m gonna be able to get them | 你觉得我有没有可能说服他们 |
[22:14] | to keep the clock where it is? | 别动那时钟 |
[22:15] | If the bomb were to detonate… | 一旦炸弹被引爆 |
[22:15] | Yeah… | 这个嘛 |
[22:18] | I don’t like your chances. | 希望渺茫 |
[22:22] | So, I’ll-I’ll bring something back? | 那 我给你带点吃的回来吧 |
[22:24] | …A nuclear weapon this close to the Indian border– | 在如此敏感的和谈期间 |
[22:26] | a highly-militarized border– | 在印巴这一高度军事化的边境附近 |
[22:28] | while in the middle of sensitive peace talks. | 出现了核武器 |
[22:33] | Where are you going? | 你去哪里 |
[22:33] | Uh, just out for some air. | 出去透透气 |
[22:35] | Sure, I’ll buy that. | 好吧 我信了 |
[22:36] | Oh, hey, I’ve got good news. | 对了 我有好消息 |
[22:38] | I got the order confirmation. | 订单已经确认了 |
[22:39] | The part for the washing machine is coming in tonight. | 洗衣机的零件今晚就能到 |
[22:41] | Great, repairman’s coming tomorrow. | 真棒 修理工明天就来 |
[22:43] | No, you didn’t. | 你不是吧 |
[22:45] | I called Earl. | 我叫了厄尔 |
[22:46] | No, not Earl! | 不是吧 居然叫厄尔来 |
[22:48] | He knows his stuff. | 这事他在行 |
[22:49] | He’s judgy and pessimistic, | 他自以为是又悲观消极 |
[22:51] | like if you break an appliance, | 好像坏了一个电器 |
[22:52] | your whole house is broken and there’s no hope. | 这整个房子都不能住人了 |
[22:54] | You just have to move. | 必须搬家 |
[22:55] | I know, and then he fixes it. | 我知道 可他最后把东西修好了 |
[22:58] | Look, I-I-I realize that you could do it. | 我知道你能搞定 |
[23:01] | But it’s not your… specialty. | 可这不是你 专长的领域 |
[23:05] | And Earl? That’s all he does. | 厄尔呢 他就是干这个的 |
[23:07] | And when you have a problem, | 有问题了 |
[23:09] | you get the right person for the job. | 就要找专业的人来解决 |
[23:11] | Babe, it’s a washing machine. | 亲爱的 这只是洗衣机而已 |
[23:12] | It’s not a nuclear bomb. | 又不是核弹 |
[23:14] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[23:15] | I do have perspective. | 我分得清 |
[23:17] | But he’s coming anyway. | 不过你还是要叫他来 |
[23:19] | First thing in the morning. | 明天一早就来 |
[23:21] | I love you. | 爱你 |
[23:28] | Bomb’s defused! | 炸弹拆除成功 |
[23:32] | Well, good thing we weren’t on the JTOC team. | 还好我们俩没在JTOC小队里 |
[23:36] | Sorry, I guess, uh, averting a nuclear disaster | 抱歉 估计是刚避免了一场核弹危机 |
[23:40] | got me a little revved up. | 我有点激动 |
[23:42] | Well, that’s almost adorable. | 本来这事挺值得庆祝的 |
[23:45] | Yeah, now the hard work begins. | 是啊 难题才刚开始 |
[23:47] | Are they really going to fight over custody of this bomb? | 他们真的会为了抢炸弹的归属权吵起来吗 |
[23:50] | They’ve already dug in. | 他们已经认真起来了 |
[23:52] | Damn nuclear arsenal’s | 那该死的核军火库是 |
[23:53] | the Pakistani people’s greatest point of pride. | 巴基斯坦人民最引以为豪的东西 |
[23:56] | Well, the Indians aren’t gonna be seen | 印度是绝对不会将 |
[23:58] | handing their mortal enemy | 大规模杀伤性武器 |
[24:00] | their weapon of mass destruction back. | 交还给自己的死敌的 |
[24:03] | I should’ve stuck to teaching. | 我真应该一直教书 |
[24:07] | Prime Minister Khoosat, sorry to keep you waiting. | 库萨特总理 让您久等了 |
[24:10] | I was actually surprised to be left alone in the Oval Office. | 我没想到能独自待在总统办公室 |
[24:14] | Well, you are the, uh, first foreign dignitary | 其实 你是首个 |
[24:17] | ever to have the privilege. | 获此殊荣的外国贵宾 |
[24:19] | You’re not going to convince me to give up our bomb. | 你是无法说服我放弃炸弹的 |
[24:23] | Mr. Prime Minister, | 总理先生 |
[24:24] | the reason we kept you waiting | 我们让您等了这么久的原因是 |
[24:26] | is because it took quite a bit of arm-twisting | 我们花了一些时间 |
[24:29] | to get Prime Minister Verma to agree | 说服维尔马总理放弃 |
[24:31] | to give up your nuclear warhead. | 巴基斯坦的核弹头 |
[24:32] | This is good news. | 这是好消息 |
[24:33] | Yes, Verma agreed to turn it over to the United States. | 是的 维尔马同意将核弹头交给美国 |
[24:38] | We understand this is not exactly what you want, | 我们明白这并非您的目的 |
[24:40] | but it keeps India from learning your proprietary designs, | 但至少印度无法偷学您国家的专利设计 |
[24:43] | so you maintain whatever strategic advantages | 这样您还能维持 |
[24:46] | you already have. | 已有的战略优势 |
[24:47] | We know your arsenal has more than 100 bombs. | 我们知道您的军火库中有一百个核弹头 |
[24:50] | In practical terms, one fewer won’t really matter. | 少一个也不会怎样 |
[24:53] | My generals will never accept this. | 我国将军们绝不会赞同 |
[24:55] | Well, this is the only deal India will accept. | 只有这样印度才会同意交还弹头 |
[25:00] | I suggest you convince your generals to get on board | 你最好说服你的将军们 |
[25:03] | before the Indians change their minds | 不然印度可能就会改变主意 |
[25:05] | and take your weapon to their labs to be dissected. | 把弹头运进实验室拆了研究 |
[25:10] | No. | 不 |
[25:11] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[25:14] | It would make me a traitor to my people. | 这会使我成为人民的叛徒 |
[25:16] | You would take a hit politically. | 你的政治声誉的确会受到影响 |
[25:18] | The alternative is war with India. | 不然你们将于印度开战 |
[25:21] | Do you think your people would prefer that? | 你觉得你的人民会更愿意开战吗 |
[25:23] | Yes, I do. | 我想是的 |
[25:43] | I don’t have anything for you. | 我没有你要的东西 |
[25:44] | You need to let me in. | 让我进去 |
[25:51] | I looked for an attachment. | 我找过附件了 |
[25:53] | I couldn’t find anything of interest. | 但没找到 |
[25:57] | We intercepted your e-mail. | 我们拦截了你的电子邮件 |
[26:04] | So, what comes now? | 现在会怎么样 |
[26:05] | You deny my citizenship application | 你会拒绝我的公民资格申请 |
[26:07] | and you send me back to Libya? | 把我送回利比亚吗 |
[26:10] | I’m not in favor of that, | 我不想这样做 |
[26:11] | but shortly you’re gonna be meeting some people who are. | 但短期内就会有人这样做了 |
[26:16] | I can’t protect you if you won’t cooperate. | 你不合作的话我无法保护你 |
[26:18] | Please, why can’t you just leave me alone? | 你为什么不能别再烦我了 |
[26:21] | Are you familiar with the oath | 你知道你明天 |
[26:22] | you’re planning to take tomorrow? | 要宣什么誓吗 |
[26:23] | I’m not vowing to take action against innocent people. | 反正不是宣誓对付无辜的民众 |
[26:27] | For all I know you’re going to drone strike her village. | 我知道你们要派无人机袭击她的村庄 |
[26:29] | You’re going to raid her home, kill her, | 你们要袭击她家 杀掉她 |
[26:31] | call it collateral damage. | 美其名曰附带损害 |
[26:33] | I can’t have the blood of that girl on my hands. | 我不会沾上这个孩子的鲜血的 |
[26:37] | I will only send this e-mail if you can assure me | 如果你能保证她的安全 |
[26:40] | that she will be safe. | 我就发这封邮件 |
[26:42] | I can’t do that. | 我不能保证 |
[26:45] | Well, then I can’t help you. | 那我就帮不了你了 |
[26:57] | Hijriyyah’s father married her to a very dangerous man. | 希雷亚的父亲把她嫁给了一个非常危险的男人 |
[27:04] | The most wanted man in the world right now. | 目前世界上的头号通缉犯 |
[27:10] | We have no idea what her allegiances are. | 我们不知道她有多忠诚 |
[27:12] | And you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[27:13] | Most of the people I work with don’t care. | 我的同事多数都不关心 |
[27:15] | But judging by the e-mail she sent back to you, | 但从她发给你的电邮来看 |
[27:18] | I believe that she is an unwilling | 我相信她并不情愿 |
[27:20] | and unhappy participant in a dangerous place. | 走入这个危险的境地 |
[27:23] | The message was a cry for help. | 那信息是求救信号 |
[27:26] | You think that by doing nothing you’re helping her? | 你认为什么都不做就是在帮她吗 |
[27:29] | You’re not. | 不是的 |
[27:31] | If you stay silent, you’ll be punished for your betrayal. | 如果你保持沉默 你会为背叛而受惩罚的 |
[27:35] | I didn’t betray– | 我没有背叛 |
[27:36] | Hijriyyah will stay in the care of a violent fugitive. | 希雷亚会和残暴的逃亡者在一起 |
[27:40] | Someday we’re gonna catch him. | 有一天我们会抓到他 |
[27:41] | I can’t tell you when day that will be, but we will. | 我不知道什么时候 但一定会的 |
[27:43] | And no one is gonna care about her safety when that happens. | 到时候就没人在乎她的死活了 |
[27:49] | If you help… | 如果你帮忙 |
[27:53] | …you’ll be giving Hijriyyah her very best chance | 你就给了希雷亚 |
[27:56] | at making it out alive. | 最好的逃生机会 |
[28:00] | As I’m sure you’re aware, | 我相信你们已经知道了 |
[28:02] | we’d like to continue the conversation we started earlier | 我们想要继续我们之前 |
[28:06] | about the Doomsday Clock. | 关于末日时钟的话题 |
[28:08] | We thought our ideas could be expressed | 我们认为面对面交流能够 |
[28:09] | more accurately in person. | 更准确的表达我们的意思 |
[28:11] | We took the liberty of making a list of things | 我们擅自盘点了一下 |
[28:13] | this administration has done to increase nuclear safety, | 本届政府做出的增强核安全的举动 |
[28:17] | including– and especially– | 其中特别包括了 |
[28:18] | the historic peace agreement with Iran, | 与伊朗签订的划时代的和平协定 |
[28:21] | our Pacific Rim trade agreement, | 环太平洋贸易协定 |
[28:23] | our peace treaty with Russia. | 以及我们与俄罗斯的和平条约 |
[28:25] | Well, that was a squeaker. | 真是省心啊 |
[28:27] | The president remains committed | 总统仍然致力于 |
[28:28] | to the issue of climate change. | 解决气候变化问题 |
[28:30] | His first year in office, | 他当选的第一年 |
[28:31] | he passed new standards for carbon emissions. | 他就通过了碳排放的新标准 |
[28:34] | He created new incentives for alternative energy sources. | 他开创了替代能源奖励机制 |
[28:38] | Look, the clock isn’t a bank. | 末日时钟并非银行 |
[28:39] | It isn’t a point system. | 不是积分制度 |
[28:41] | It’s real time, | 是基于真实时间的 |
[28:42] | based on a real threat assessment. | 真实风险评估 |
[28:44] | It’s not subjective. It’s math. | 并非主观 是数学计算 |
[28:47] | It is a bit theoretical, | 虽然理论上的东西很多 |
[28:48] | but it’s still math. | 但仍然是数学 |
[28:50] | Well, all right, while we’re talking math, | 好吧 我们来聊聊数学 |
[28:52] | we’ve provided you with this administration’s budget | 这是我们为联邦支持的科学项目 |
[28:55] | for Federal-supportive science | 和核安全措施 |
[28:57] | and nuclear security. | 提供的行政预算 |
[28:59] | Support, which by the way, | 如果对方党派当选 |
[29:00] | would shrink considerably | 这项支持的力度 |
[29:02] | if the opposing party were to take office. | 将会大幅度缩水 |
[29:05] | Well, now you’re just blatantly campaigning, Ms. Tolliver. | 现在你是在公然拉票 托利佛女士 |
[29:07] | This isn’t politics. It’s science. | 这不是政治 是科学 |
[29:11] | We’re moving the clock up two minutes. | 我们要把时钟调快两分钟 |
[29:13] | This morning it was only one. | 今天早上还是一分钟呢 |
[29:14] | This morning Pakistan and India | 今天早上巴基斯坦和印度 |
[29:16] | weren’t on the brink of a nuclear war. | 之间的战争还没有一触即发 |
[29:18] | But the vote isn’t final. | 但还没有最终决定 |
[29:19] | Want to put some money on it? | 想赌一赌吗 |
[29:21] | All right, well, who can we speak with then? | 那我们应该和谁沟通 |
[29:25] | We tried to contact Stuart Bachman, | 我们试着联系《公报》主席 |
[29:27] | the President of the Bulletin, | 斯图尔特·巴克曼 |
[29:28] | but he didn’t return our calls. | 但他没回电话 |
[29:29] | Yeah, he hates phones. | 是啊 他讨厌电话 |
[29:31] | But you can try him at the Rager tonight. | 你们可以今晚去”狂怒”找他 |
[29:32] | He’s usually in a pretty good mood there. | 他在那里时心情一般不错 |
[29:34] | Your big doomsday party? | 你们的末日聚会吗 |
[29:36] | That’s happening tonight? | 是今晚吗 |
[29:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:38] | The sweet spot is somewhere between | 最好的时机是 |
[29:40] | the second martini and the shots of mescal. | 在他喝完第二杯马提尼后 喝龙舌兰之前 |
[29:42] | After that it’s just a lot of running man. | 喝完后他就开始大说胡话了 |
[29:44] | Shirtless running man. | 说胡话的半裸男 |
[29:45] | And screaming about buckyball versus M-brane theory. | 叫嚷着巴基球对抗M膜理论 |
[29:48] | Yeah, get there early. | 没错 早点去围观 |
[29:55] | That’s just Islamabad. | 那还只是伊斯兰堡 |
[29:57] | We’re getting reports of increasing violence | 我们得到消息 卡拉奇 |
[29:59] | and protests in Karachi, Rawalpindi, | 拉瓦尔品第和拉合尔都因印度持有他们的核弹 |
[30:02] | and Lahore over India keeping their bomb. | 在发生越来越多的暴力案件 |
[30:04] | Very Arab Spring. | 真是阿拉伯之春啊 |
[30:05] | Short of getting their bomb back, I’d say | 如果要不回他们的核弹 |
[30:07] | it’s only a matter of days | 用不了几天 |
[30:09] | before Pakistan’s government collapses. | 巴基斯坦政府就垮台了 |
[30:10] | Or a matter of hours. | 或者几个小时的事 |
[30:12] | What is the situation with the bomb, Ephraim? | 核弹的情况怎么样 埃弗兰 |
[30:14] | The JTOC team is literally acting at this point, | 目前JTOC团队 名义上在负责 |
[30:16] | going through a series of final safety checks | 处理一系列不要紧的 |
[30:19] | that aren’t really necessary. | 最终安全检查 |
[30:21] | It’s getting tense. | 事态越来越紧张了 |
[30:22] | Pakistan’s amassing troops along the border. | 巴基斯坦国界周围聚集了越来越多的兵力 |
[30:24] | India, of course is responding in kind. | 印度当然在针锋相对的回应 |
[30:26] | How quickly can we get our people out there? | 我们的人多快能赶到那里 |
[30:27] | As long as it takes them to run | 就是他们跑到直升机所需的时间 |
[30:28] | to their choppers– a couple HH-60G’s. | 几架HH-60G直升机 |
[30:30] | Assuming they don’t get caught in the crossfire. | 如果他们穿越火线不被抓住的话 |
[30:32] | But basically we’re looking at Pakistan imploding | 但基本上我们认为 巴基斯坦会发生内战 |
[30:35] | or going to war with India. | 或者和印度开战 |
[30:37] | Either way, | 不管是哪种情况 |
[30:38] | their nuclear arsenal becomes incredibly insecure. | 他们的核武库都会变得非常不安全 |
[30:41] | Available to the highest bidder. | 它将归出价最高的人 |
[30:43] | Russian GRU has already reached out | 俄罗斯格勒乌已经提出要 |
[30:44] | to work in concert with us | 与我们合作 |
[30:45] | to secure pakistan’s nuclear weapons. | 保护巴基斯坦的核武器 |
[30:48] | But we doubt their intelligence on them | 但我们怀疑他们那方面的情报 |
[30:50] | is any better than ours. | 是否比我们更准确 |
[30:52] | So this is where we are. | 目前我们的情况就是这样 |
[30:54] | Maybe we’re going at this the wrong way. | 也许我们对于这件事的处理方法错了 |
[30:56] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[31:00] | Maybe the time to negotiate has passed. | 也许谈判的时机已经过了 |
[31:10] | Ms. Ayyad, United States Immigration Service. | 伊亚德小姐 美国移民局 |
[31:13] | Open the door. | 开门 |
[31:16] | Open the door, Ms. Ayyad. | 开门 伊亚德小姐 |
[31:20] | The door! | 注意门 |
[31:22] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[31:26] | Stand down. | 放下武器 |
[31:27] | Here’s our attachment. | 这是我们要的附件 |
[31:34] | Whatever works, right? | 只要有用就行 对吧 |
[31:41] | 安德鲁斯空军基地 马里兰州 | |
[31:43] | Thank you for waiting, Prime Minister Verma. | 久等了 维尔马总理 |
[31:45] | My country is preparing for war; I need to get back. | 我的国家在备战 我得回去 |
[31:48] | Have you seen the news? | 你看新闻了吗 |
[31:49] | Islamabad is burning. | 伊斯兰堡在燃烧 |
[31:51] | I cannot control their people. | 我无法控制那里的人 |
[31:52] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[31:54] | The problem is Khoosat won’t go down without a fight. | 问题是库萨特不开战不会罢休的 |
[31:56] | He will choose war over his government being toppled. | 他会选择战争 而不是他摇摇欲坠的政府 |
[32:01] | This is up to him, | 这是他的事 |
[32:02] | and there’s nothing more for us to talk about. | 我们没什么好谈的了 |
[32:08] | Prime Minister. | 总理阁下 |
[32:14] | We need to agree, right now, | 现在我们就得达成共识 |
[32:18] | to allow Pakistan to have its weapon back. | 允许巴基斯坦拿回武器 |
[32:20] | It will be a black eye for India, | 这会是印度的丑闻 |
[32:22] | but a hell of a lot better than a war | 但比一场会造成几百万伤亡的战争 |
[32:25] | with millions of casualties. | 要好得多 |
[32:26] | I already agreed to allow the United States to hold the bomb. | 我已经同意允许美国持弹 |
[32:30] | Which was very diplomatic of you. | 你的外交策略不错 |
[32:31] | Unfortunately, | 可惜 |
[32:32] | the rioting in Pakistan has changed that equation. | 巴基斯坦暴乱已经改变了局势 |
[32:36] | Indeed, it has, but we’ve had many conflicts | 的确是 但自从印巴分治之后 |
[32:38] | with Pakistan since the partition. | 我们已和巴基斯坦有过很多次冲突 |
[32:39] | We’re prepared for another. | 我们已准备好迎接下一次了 |
[32:42] | And we’re prepared… | 我们也准备 |
[32:44] | to deliver you a package of RQ-4 spy drones | 为你提供RQ-4间谍无人机 |
[32:50] | and AT4 anti-tank missiles | 和AT4反坦克飞弹 |
[32:52] | and membership into our Pacific Trade Partnership, | 让你成为我们的太平洋贸易伙伴 |
[32:55] | which would bring tens, if not hundreds, | 这将极大促进 |
[32:57] | of billions to your economy. | 你们国家的经济 |
[33:01] | How about this… | 用这个… |
[33:03] | instead of war? | 来代替战争怎么样 |
[33:05] | The window on diplomacy has closed. | 外交谈判结束了 |
[33:08] | I must go. | 我必须走了 |
[33:09] | Jaya. | 贾娅 |
[33:11] | This isn’t a negotiation. | 这不是谈判 |
[33:14] | Excuse me? | 什么意思 |
[33:15] | The United States team that worked on the bomb | 美方负责核弹的人员 |
[33:18] | is going to load it inside one of our helicopters | 将用一架我方直升机 |
[33:21] | and return it to Pasha Base inside the Pakistani border. | 把它归还给巴基斯坦境内的巴夏基地 |
[33:25] | India will be within its rights to shoot down your helicopter | 印度有权在你们的直升机 |
[33:28] | before it reaches Pakistan. | 抵达巴基斯坦前击落它 |
[33:30] | Yes. | 没错 |
[33:32] | And that would be very foolish. | 那样的举动是非常愚蠢的 |
[33:52] | Prime Minister Khoosat. | 库萨特总理 |
[33:55] | Surprised you hadn’t returned to Islamabad yet. | 您竟然还没有回伊斯兰堡 |
[33:58] | Oh, it’s easier to manage things from here than on a plane. | 在这里处理事情比在飞机上要容易 |
[34:02] | It’s a difficult time, so I’ll cut to the chase. | 目前情况危急 我就开门见山了 |
[34:05] | The United States might be willing | 美方也许愿意 |
[34:07] | to deliver your nuclear warhead back to Pasha Base. | 把你们的核弹归还到巴夏基地 |
[34:11] | What about India? | 印度方面怎么样 |
[34:12] | Well, we can handle India, | 我们能解决印度方面 |
[34:14] | though it would severely harm our relationship with them. | 虽然那会极大损害我们两国的关系 |
[34:18] | But it would be worth it to us | 但如果你能给我们一些我们十分想要的东西 |
[34:19] | if you give us something that we want very much. | 此举就非常值得了 |
[34:23] | I’m listening. | 愿闻其详 |
[34:25] | Complete access to your entire nuclear arsenal. | 你们核武库的完全知情权 |
[34:28] | You’ll provide us with real-time reports on their movements, | 你要随时向我们报告他们的一举一动 |
[34:31] | we’ll verify with our own signals and human intelligence. | 我们会用信号和情报网核实 |
[34:34] | We want to know where your bombs are | 我们要每分每秒 |
[34:37] | at every second of every day. | 都知道你们的核弹在哪 |
[34:41] | This is insane. | 简直是疯了 |
[34:43] | Well, you know we’ve always been tracking your arsenal | 你知道我们已在用 |
[34:45] | with human intel… | 情报网追踪你们的军火库 |
[34:47] | for exactly a situation like we faced today. | 来应对我们今天面对的形势 |
[34:50] | My government cannot tolerate | 我方政府不能容忍 |
[34:52] | your nuclear bombs falling into the hands of radicals, | 你们的核弹落入激进分子之手 |
[34:55] | which is a distinct possibility should your government fall. | 如果你们的政府垮台 那极有可能 |
[34:58] | If you don’t give us our bomb back, | 如果你们不归还我们的核弹 |
[35:00] | my government will fall. | 我的政府就完了 |
[35:01] | And you will be out of power, | 你也会下台 |
[35:02] | which, I’m just guessing, | 我猜 |
[35:05] | is the real reason why you haven’t gotten on your plane yet. | 这才是你还未上飞机的真实原因 |
[35:09] | Things don’t look good for you at home. | 祖国的情况对你不利 |
[35:12] | If I were to give you access to our bombs | 如果我给你我方核弹的知情权 |
[35:14] | and it ever became public, | 一旦这消息被公之于众 |
[35:16] | I would be ousted. | 我会下台的 |
[35:18] | True. | 没错 |
[35:23] | But you will definitely be ousted | 但你如果不接受这笔交易 |
[35:25] | if you don’t take this deal. | 你一定会下台的 |
[35:28] | If you want to take a chance that I’m bluffing, | 如果你想冒险看看我是不是在危言耸听 |
[35:30] | that’s your call. | 随你的便 |
[35:38] | So? | 所以呢 |
[35:40] | Our chopper carrying Pakistan’s nuke | 我们载着巴基斯坦核弹的直升机 |
[35:42] | just crossed the border | 刚刚越过边境 |
[35:43] | and is landing at Pasha Base. | 正在降落到帕夏基地 |
[35:46] | Well, that was easy. | 挺轻松的嘛 |
[35:50] | How did Khoosat take our demands? | 库萨特对我们的要求作何反应 |
[35:52] | Well, let’s just say I don’t expect | 这么说吧 我不指望以后 |
[35:53] | to be on his holiday card list anymore. | 能出现在他的节日贺卡名单上了 |
[35:57] | Ephraim is already coordinating with ISI. | 埃弗兰已经在和ISI协商了 |
[35:59] | Pakistan and India now hate our guts. | 巴基斯坦和印度现在都对我们恨之入骨 |
[36:02] | Though, officially, | 虽然现在 |
[36:04] | Khoosat is crowing about standing up to India | 库萨特在吹嘘自己和印度勇敢对抗 |
[36:06] | and restoring his nation’s pride, | 又保留了国家的尊严 |
[36:08] | while Verma is claiming the mantle of great statesman, | 而维尔马自诩为伟大的政治家 |
[36:11] | maintaining the peace | 既维护了和平 |
[36:13] | while gaining economic victories for her people. | 又为她的人民争取到了经济利益 |
[36:16] | Our big peace deal is toast. | 我们的和平协议没戏了 |
[36:18] | Oh, give ’em ten years. | 再给他们十年时间 |
[36:21] | They’ll come around. | 他们会想通的 |
[36:22] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[36:23] | access to Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal… is better. | 能够掌握巴基斯坦的核武库就更好了 |
[36:29] | Better than peace? | 比和平更好吗 |
[36:34] | Another day. | 改日再议吧 |
[37:04] | What? | 什么 |
[37:08] | Oh, I think that’s him over by the grim reaper pinata. | 我想那个死神皮纳塔旁边的就是他 |
[37:23] | – Dr. Bachman? – Yes? | -巴克曼博士 -是我 |
[37:25] | Excuse me. How do you do? | 不好意思 你好 |
[37:26] | I’m Nadine Tolliver, chief of staff for Secretary McCord. | 我是纳丁·托利佛 国务卿麦考德的参谋长 |
[37:30] | This is Daisy Grant. | 这位是戴西·芬奇 |
[37:31] | I left several messages. | 我给您留过几次留言 |
[37:33] | Yes, you have a very intelligent voice, | 我记得 你的声音听起来很精明 |
[37:36] | but I bet you get that all the time. | 我打赌有很多人这么说过 |
[37:38] | Not really. | 并没有 |
[37:38] | Uh, mostly I just get a call back. | 通常他们都只是给我回个电话 |
[37:41] | Well, there wasn’t any point. | 我没有必要给你回电话 |
[37:42] | I know you were concerned | 我知道您很担心 |
[37:44] | about the Pakistan and India situation, | 巴基斯坦和印度的情况 |
[37:46] | but since it’s been resolved, you have to admit, | 但是既然问题已经解决了 您必须承认 |
[37:48] | it was a pretty substantial move away from midnight. | 这一步着实让我们离午夜又远了一点 |
[37:51] | We’re still moving the clock up. | 我们还是要把钟拨快 |
[37:53] | We don’t base our decision on just one event, | 我们的决定不会取决于一个单独的事件 |
[37:55] | rather on global trends. | 而是取决于全球的趋势 |
[37:57] | We understand that, Dr. Bachman, | 我们明白 巴克曼博士 |
[38:00] | but it was no small feat to avert that crisis. | 但成功避免了这次危机也不是件小事 |
[38:03] | A lot of people made a lot of intelligent moves. | 很多人做出了很多明智的行动 |
[38:06] | Yes, and that’s why we’re only going up one minute not two. | 正因如此我们只拨快一分钟而不是两分钟 |
[38:12] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[38:13] | Now go get yourselves a drink. | 你们去喝点东西吧 |
[38:15] | – I don’t like to talk shop at a party. – Dr. Bachman! | -我不想在派对上谈工作 -巴克曼博士 |
[38:24] | I guess one is better than two. | 一分钟总比两分钟强 |
[38:27] | I had a feeling this whole thing was a nonstarter. | 我早就觉得这件事情不可能成功 |
[38:31] | You can’t dissuade people with that much integrity. | 那种有气节的人是不会被劝服的 |
[38:34] | They’re in the pocket of big truth. | 他们只认死理 |
[38:38] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[38:50] | Okay, this is getting a little weird. | 现在这样有点奇怪 |
[38:53] | You knew I’d be here because of the calendar app. | 你知道我会来这里 为了那个日程软件 |
[38:55] | Well, yeah, but I’m here because I was invited. | 是的 但是我来这里是因为我被邀请了 |
[38:57] | I’m psyched to meet these people, | 我超级想见这些人 |
[38:58] | and, to be honest, they are excited to meet me. | 说实话 他们见到我也很激动 |
[39:01] | I’m sure. | 当然 |
[39:02] | Listen, I know this isn’t exactly the right environment, | 我知道现在这个场合可能不太合适 |
[39:05] | but I have to bring up something kind of awkward. | 但我还是要跟你讲一件难以启齿的事情 |
[39:08] | This is exactly the right environment. | 这种场合太合适了 |
[39:10] | Alcohol and geeks. | 酒精和科学极客们 |
[39:11] | This is about us. | 是关于我们的事 |
[39:13] | I know, the calendar app is driving you crazy. | 我知道 那个日程软件快把你逼疯了 |
[39:15] | We don’t have to stick to it. | 我们不用非要这么做 |
[39:16] | I did manage to sell it though. | 我已经把它卖出去了 |
[39:18] | I had to get that in there. | 我必须到那里面去 |
[39:18] | Excuse me, you’re Oliver Shaw? | 不好意思 你是奥利弗·肖吗 |
[39:20] | Suzan Simmons. | 我是苏珊·西蒙斯 |
[39:21] | So happy to meet you finally. | 终于见到你了 真开心 |
[39:23] | Oh, same here. | 我也是 |
[39:24] | – This is Daisy Grant. – I know. | -这是戴西·格兰特 -我知道 |
[39:26] | Listen, my husband is too drunk to dance, | 我老公喝得烂醉如泥 没法跳舞 |
[39:28] | and I have to bust a move or go nuts. | 但是我不跳两下会疯的 |
[39:30] | Again, I am your guy. Uh, hold that thought. | 我当你的舞伴 稍等一下 |
[39:31] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[40:22] | We’re in. | 我们进去了 |
[40:41] | Uh, sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[40:42] | You have my undivided attention. | 我现在注意力全在你这 |
[40:43] | What did you want to talk about? | 你想说什么来着 |
[40:44] | I didn’t know you did that. | 我不知道你还会这样 |
[40:46] | What, dance? | 什么 跳舞吗 |
[40:47] | Spur-of-the-moment dancing. | 一时冲动地跳舞 |
[40:49] | Uh, or spur-of-the-moment anything. | 一时冲动地干任何事情 |
[40:51] | Uh, she asked. | 她邀请我了 |
[40:53] | Can I have the next one? | 我能跟你跳下一支舞吗 |
[40:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:56] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[41:17] | Okay, here’s the thing. | 我想说的是 |
[41:20] | Do you want to have a baby with me? | 你想跟我生孩子吗 |
[41:23] | Oh, my god, uh, I didn’t mean it like that. | 天哪 我不是那个意思 |
[41:27] | – Well, I did, but not quite like that. – Sure. | -我是那个意思 但不完全是 -当然 |
[41:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:33] | Yes, absolutely. | 对 当然想 |
[41:35] | Wait, you don’t mean, like, right now? | 等等 你不是说现在吧 |
[41:37] | No. | 不是 |
[41:38] | Eventually. | 我是指以后 |
[41:40] | Oh, yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[41:55] | Please don’t sulk about this. | 拜托不要生气 |
[41:57] | I’m not sulking. | 我不是在生气 |
[41:58] | Honestly, I’m just tired. | 说真的 我只是累了 |
[41:59] | I know you hate Earl. | 我知道你讨厌厄尔 |
[42:00] | – I was up late. – But he does make our appliances work. | -我睡得太晚了 -但他的确能修好电器 |
[42:03] | I’ve got bigger things on my mind. | 我脑子里有更重要的事情 |
[42:06] | Okay, good. | 好吧 太好了 |
[42:07] | Because you know what, | 因为 你知道吗 |
[42:08] | there’s no shame in letting someone else do the job. | 让别人修东西没有什么好丢脸的 |
[42:11] | Well, looks like I came out here for nothing. | 似乎我白来了一趟 |
[42:14] | Earl, I know you always think that it can’t be fixed… | 厄尔 我知道你总是觉得没有办法修 |
[42:18] | It doesn’t need to be fixed. | 我不需要修了 |
[42:19] | It’s got a brand-new spin pulley in it. | 里面换了一个新的旋压带轮 |
[42:21] | It’s not the model I would have used, | 我不会用那种样式的 |
[42:22] | and it needed to be tightened, but works fine. | 而且它需要再加固 但机器运转得很好 |
[42:25] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[42:26] | Yeah, listen, I got to charge you for the visit. | 但我来了 还是得收费 |
[42:28] | Just for my time. | 我花了时间 |
[42:29] | I hate to do it, but I’m on the clock. | 我也不想这样 但我的时间很宝贵 |
[42:30] | – Not a problem. – Have a good day. | -没问题 -祝您一天愉快 |
[42:33] | And don’t overload that machine. | 别让机器过载 |
[42:34] | No bath sheets or anything. | 不能放浴巾什么的进去 |
[42:38] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[42:40] | When I tell you I’ll take care of it, I’ll take care of it. | 我跟你说我会处理 我就会处理 |
[42:44] | I’m going back to bed. | 我要回床上睡觉了 |
[42:49] | I can be a few minutes late today. | 我今天可以迟到几分钟 |
[42:52] | www.rrliuxue.com | 人人留学【免费办理】 震撼上线,赶快登陆 |