时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | How great is this? | 看这多棒 |
[00:03] | Fresh air and the endorphins. | 新鲜空气和内啡肽 |
[00:06] | Ooh, and the cute little babies and dogs. | 还有萌萌的宝宝和小狗 |
[00:10] | This puts everything in perspective. | 一下有了看世界的新角度 |
[00:12] | I ought to do this every day. | 我真该每天都这样 |
[00:14] | I swear, I don’t know why I don’t. | 真的 我不知道为啥我不这么干 |
[00:15] | I need to stop. | 我得停一下 |
[00:16] | We just started. | 我们才开始 |
[00:19] | Gordon hates running. | 高登讨厌跑步 |
[00:22] | Then why did Gordon say “yes” to running? | 高登是因为讨厌才同意来跑步的吗 |
[00:24] | Because he’s insanely competitive? | 因为他超级爱跟别人比 |
[00:25] | What are you looking at? | 你们在看啥 |
[00:27] | And yet, here you are, wallowing in defeat. | 而你呢 在这沉浸在失败中 |
[00:31] | This is a hard thing for me to watch. | 真是很难看你这样 |
[00:33] | You’ll get over it. | 你会习惯的 |
[00:35] | And I sense you need to talk to me about something | 我觉得你需要跟我谈的事 |
[00:36] | that requires a working brain, | 需要我头脑清醒 |
[00:38] | so I’d rather not risk a stroke. | 我不想突然中风 |
[00:40] | Well, at least walk with me, you big baby. | 至少能走走吧 你个大宝贝 |
[00:42] | Strangely turned on by you abusing me. | 你这么虐我我还挺享受的 |
[00:45] | This is sensitive. | 这件事很敏感 |
[00:50] | Something I haven’t read my staff in on. | 我还不能告诉我的手下 |
[00:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:55] | I’m starting to normalize, go. | 我开始正常了 你说吧 |
[00:57] | Last time I saw Foreign Minister Avdonin, | 上次我见到外交部长阿夫多宁时 |
[01:00] | he proposed a trade with me. | 他提出了一个交换建议 |
[01:01] | – Do I need context? – ?No. | -我需要知道背景吗 -不 |
[01:03] | Peter Buckley for an American asset | 用皮特·巴克利来换回一个 |
[01:06] | with a great deal of personal significance to Henry and me. | 对我和亨利都有重大个人意义的线人 |
[01:10] | Previously, they told us he was dead. | 之前他们说他死了 |
[01:12] | Now they’re saying he’s not, and we could get him back. | 现在又说他没死我们能把他换回来 |
[01:15] | Now, I know the politics of a trade can be complicated, | 我知道交换这件事上的政治很复杂 |
[01:20] | so I’m asking if you could imagine a scenario | 所以想让你想想什么情况下 |
[01:22] | where Dalton might agree to that deal. | 道尔顿会同意这件事 |
[01:25] | – No. – Breakfast? | -不可能 -吃早饭吗 |
[01:27] | Come on. | 别这样 |
[01:29] | You’re really gonna make me step this out for you? | 你真需要我把话挑明了吗 |
[01:32] | First, to clarify, Peter Buckley, | 首先我先说明 皮特·巴克利 |
[01:33] | the most notorious American spy in history. | 有史以来最臭名昭著的美国间谍 |
[01:36] | – Responsible for the deaths – I know that. | -造成了六名 -我知道 |
[01:37] | of six CIA agents, | 中情局探员的死亡 |
[01:39] | Two of whom, Dalton, | 其中两个 道尔顿 |
[01:39] | former Director of the CIA, knew personally. | 这个前中情局局长认识 |
[01:42] | That Peter Buckley? I’m sorry, | 你说的就是这个皮特·巴克利吗 不好意思 |
[01:44] | I actually do need context | 我确实需要点背景 |
[01:45] | as to why you would ask me anything so stupid. | 来理解你怎么能提出这么愚蠢的问题 |
[01:47] | Because it is incredibly important, | 因为这很重要 |
[01:49] | and there’s a clock on it. | 而且时间紧迫 |
[01:51] | You really made me step that out? | 你真想让我接着说下去 |
[01:52] | Okay. Even if Dalton would consider it, | 就算道尔顿同意了 |
[01:55] | Russell Jackson would throw his body in front of that train. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊死都不会同意的 |
[01:57] | Making a trade like that | 在选举年里 |
[01:58] | with the Russians, in an election year? | 和俄罗斯人做这种交易 |
[01:59] | Even if you had monkey pictures on both of them, | 就算你有他俩的腐基照片 |
[02:02] | – and got them to agree – What are monkey pictures? | -逼着他俩同意了 -腐基照片是啥 |
[02:03] | I highly doubt your prisoner exchange is even legitimate. | 我十分怀疑你这个囚犯交换是不是合法 |
[02:06] | If you think your asset is dead, he’s probably dead. | 如果你认为你的线人死了 他很可能真死了 |
[02:08] | But by even considering a trade for Buckley, | 但你一旦开始考虑用巴克利交换 |
[02:11] | you’ve revealed your attachment to your asset. | 你就让人知道你有多在乎这个线人 |
[02:13] | Now, Avdonin’s using that to his advantage, | 阿夫多宁正在利用这一点 |
[02:15] | claiming this dead person is alive | 说一个已经死了的人还活着 |
[02:17] | without having to provide any proof. | 都不用提供任何证明 |
[02:18] | So brilliant negotiating strategy there. | 真是杰出的交涉策略 |
[02:21] | I he… I hear you, | 我知道 |
[02:22] | when you say you think this is a terrible idea. | 你觉得这个主意差到家了 |
[02:27] | But I haven’t had a moment’s peace | 但自打我知道这个可能性以后 |
[02:29] | since I realized this was possible. | 我就一直没有平静过 |
[02:31] | I have to try. | 我得试试 |
[02:33] | Can’t… can’t you just do your thing… | 你就不能试试 |
[02:36] | to find out exactly how suicidal this mission is? | 看看这个任务究竟有多自寻死路 |
[02:39] | I guess I could talk to some | 我可以去跟我那些 |
[02:40] | of my data-wonk pollster friends, | 做民调的朋友们聊聊 |
[02:41] | and see what the favorability stats | 看看人们对拿巴克利交换 |
[02:43] | would be on a Buckley trade. | 看法如何 |
[02:45] | And it has been almost 20 years | 事情都过去二十多年了 |
[02:46] | and people are idiots. | 人们又蠢 |
[02:48] | Long-term memory is at an all-time low, | 长期记忆力已经到了史低点 |
[02:50] | so we’ve got that going for us. | 所以可能对我们有帮助 |
[02:51] | Well, see? | 你看 |
[02:53] | Things are looking up already. | 事情已经有起色了 |
[02:57] | – Hey, babe. – ?Hey. | -亲爱哒 -嗨 |
[02:58] | – Hey, Mom. – How was your run? | – 老妈 – 跑步跑得好吗 |
[03:00] | It was great. I feel so clean | 棒极了 我觉得非常清醒 |
[03:02] | and healthy and… . Waffles!? | 健康而且…有华夫饼吃 |
[03:04] | Yeah, Dad fixed the waffle iron. | 爸爸把华夫饼锅修好了 |
[03:06] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[03:06] | It just needed a new switch. | 就需要装个新开关 |
[03:07] | And he built a firepit in the backyard. | 他在后院弄了个火坑 |
[03:09] | – I dug a hole and put some bricks around it. – What? | -我挖了个坑 四周围了砖 -什么 |
[03:11] | Course, the Secret Service won’t let us use it. | 当然了 安保不会让我们用的 |
[03:13] | And now he’s talking mini-golf. | 他现在又开始说起迷你高尔夫了 |
[03:16] | So this is Henry McCord on sabbatical, huh? | 这就是休假中的亨利·麦考德吗 |
[03:20] | I’m enjoying the time. | 我在享受空闲时光 |
[03:21] | It doesn’t happen that often. | 我可不常有空间 |
[03:22] | And come on, we love mini-golf. | 而且我们都喜欢迷你高尔夫啊 |
[03:24] | It was a Friday night thing for like… | 那是我们周五夜晚传统活动 |
[03:26] | A summer. | 就玩了一个夏天 |
[03:26] | Two summers, at least. | 至少两个夏天 |
[03:28] | You sure have been jazzed | 你自打从圣地亚哥的智库 |
[03:29] | about all these life-affirming activities | 呆了一个周末后 还真是对这些 |
[03:30] | since your weekend with a think tank in San Diego. | 休闲活动很感兴趣啊 |
[03:32] | I’ve got the time off. | 我现在有时间了 |
[03:34] | I think I should take advantage of it. | 我觉得该好好利用下 |
[03:35] | So, come on, | 怎么样 |
[03:36] | who’s in? Mini-golf tonight. | 谁想一起来 今晚去打迷你高尔夫 |
[03:38] | Um, I can’t. | 我去不了 |
[03:40] | I have to see Jareth tonight. | 我今晚要见杰瑞斯 |
[03:41] | ‘Cause he just accepted a… | 他刚刚接受了一个 |
[03:44] | two-year fellowship in Oxford, | 牛津大学的两年奖学金 |
[03:45] | so we have to talk about how we’re going to do the… | 我们得谈谈要怎么处理 |
[03:48] | – long-distance thing. – Gosh, | -异地恋这事 -天呐 |
[03:49] | honey, that… that’s rough, but you know what? | 亲爱的 这可挺难 但是 |
[03:52] | Your dad and I did it. | 你爸爸和我就经历过 |
[03:53] | – A lot of people do it. – Yeah. | -很多人都经历过 -没错 |
[03:54] | You’ll-you’ll figure it out. | 你们能处理好的 |
[03:55] | Hey, uh, you know what | 你知道什么能 |
[03:56] | – would really clear your minds, – Dad. | -真正帮你理清思路吗 -爸爸 |
[03:57] | – Give you some perspective… Mini-golf. – ?Don’t… Dad. | -迷你高尔夫给你新视角 -别这样 爸爸 |
[03:59] | I’m serious. Just ask Jareth. | 我是认真的 问问杰瑞斯吧 |
[04:00] | He’s British. He’s got to like golf. | 他是英国人 肯定喜欢打高尔夫球 |
[04:02] | Mini-golf. | 是迷你高尔夫啊 |
[04:03] | Hey, help me out. | 快帮帮我 |
[04:04] | Alison, Jason. | 艾莉森 杰森 |
[04:05] | – All right. Fine. I’m in. – Yeah, me, too. | -好吧 我参加 -对 我也参加 |
[04:07] | I’ll ask him. | 我会问问他的 |
[04:08] | Joe and Mimma’s after | 结束之后我们去乔和米玛餐厅 |
[04:09] | – for gooey calzones, yeah? – They bought. | -吃软披萨饺 好吗 -他们已经买账了 |
[04:11] | Stop selling. | 别安利了 |
[04:11] | Well, they’ll get into it once we’re there. | 我们一到球场他们就会进入状态 |
[04:14] | I’m sure. | 我相信 |
[04:16] | So aside from fixing the waffle iron, | 所以除了修好华夫饼铁模 |
[04:21] | and building a firepit, | 造火坑 |
[04:22] | and obsessing about mini-golf, | 对迷你高尔夫着迷之外 |
[04:24] | everything okay post Islamabad? | 伊斯兰堡后你没事了吧 |
[04:27] | It’s fine. | 没问题了 |
[04:29] | ‘Cause, you know, we could always go back | 要知道我们可以随时回去 |
[04:30] | and see Dr. Sherman. | 见舍曼医生 |
[04:32] | Honestly, I just want to immerse myself | 说实话 我只想让自己暂时 |
[04:35] | in mindless activities for a while. | 沉浸在不需要动脑的活动中 |
[04:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:39] | Not counting on me for mini-golf, are you? | 打迷你高尔夫你是不会算上我的吧 |
[04:41] | Uh, after the last time, I don’t think | 出了上次那事之后 我认为 |
[04:43] | you’re allowed back there, ’cause you threw… | 那儿不会再让你入场的 因为你扔 |
[04:43] | I did not throw that club. | 我没扔出那只球棒 |
[04:46] | All… all right. ?I…I… | 好吧 我 |
[04:47] | – …was gesturing. – Yeah, tell that | -是在比手势 -没错 |
[04:49] | – and it slipped. My hands were wet. – to the lady who’s… | -然后手滑了 我手湿 -跟那位女士说 |
[04:50] | – We’ll miss you. – I think it was raining. | -我们会想你的 -我觉得那天下雨了 |
[04:54] | Our intel is that | 我们得到情报 |
[04:55] | all remnants of Hizb al-Shahid have gone underground. | 所有沙希德的余党都躲起来了 |
[04:57] | Even the remaining stolen uranium | 甚至连余下被偷的铀 |
[04:59] | has been found and seized by American forces. | 都被美军找到并查封了 |
[05:01] | Yeah, their press releases | 没错 他们新闻稿的内容 |
[05:02] | are all full of optimism, and national pride. | 通篇都是乐观 民族自豪感之类的 |
[05:06] | Global response has been positive, | 国际反响良好 |
[05:07] | with just a handful of the usual suspects | 只有少数一贯多疑的人 |
[05:10] | grumbling about U.S. aggression. | 埋怨美方入侵的问题 |
[05:11] | From a polling data and optics perspective, we’re on course. | 从民调和表面来看 我们的策略是正确的 |
[05:14] | Okay. Good. | 好的 很好 |
[05:17] | No Matt, today? | 今天马特没来吗 |
[05:18] | Commencement season. He’s holed up. | 现在是毕业季 他忙得无法脱身 |
[05:20] | Apparently, he’s agreed to write six speeches this year. | 据说 他今年答应写六篇演讲稿 |
[05:24] | Yeah, including mine. | 是的 包括我的 |
[05:25] | Oh, who are the lucky graduates? | 哪个学校的的毕业生这么幸运 |
[05:27] | UMASS Pittsfield. | 皮茨菲尔德的麻省大学 |
[05:30] | They have quite a respected foreign policy program. | 那里开设了一个很权威的外交政策项目 |
[05:32] | – And they asked first. – The Secretary’s a big fan of “Asked first” | -而且他们最先问的 -国务卿喜欢先问的 |
[05:35] | Was that Dr. McCord’s strategy, ma’am? | 是麦考德博士的策略吗 女士 |
[05:39] | Possibly. | 也许吧 |
[05:40] | I have an appointment. | 我有个会 |
[05:42] | It’s personal. Spontaneous. | 是私事 我主动约的 |
[05:44] | Whimsical, even. | 甚至有些荒谬 |
[05:46] | It’s fine. I’m reachable. | 没关系 有事就找我 |
[05:50] | I know what that is. | 我知道是什么事 |
[05:53] | – Madam Secretary. ?- Yeah. | -国务卿女士 -你好 |
[05:54] | Oh, you’re leaving? | 你要走吗 |
[05:55] | I’ll be back. | 我会回来的 |
[05:56] | I was working on your commencement speech, | 我在准备您的毕业演讲稿 |
[05:58] | and I was hoping you could give me | 我希望您提供给我 |
[05:59] | some personal anecdote | 一些自己的个人轶事 |
[06:01] | that-that proffers some nugget of wisdom | 闪烁着智慧光芒的那种 |
[06:03] | that we could give the kids. | 我们可以讲给孩子们听 |
[06:04] | Uh, saving the Pacific Rim Trade Agreement, for example. | 比如 达成环太平洋地区贸易协定 |
[06:07] | Détente with Russia. | 针对俄方的缓和政策 |
[06:09] | Dropping the embargo with Cuba. | 解除古巴禁运 |
[06:10] | I mean, there’s a lot of good options. | 我认为有很多好例子 |
[06:12] | Yeah, I-I-I don’t know if any of that | 是的 我不知道那些 |
[06:13] | really jibes with my overall message. | 是不是真的和我的主旨一致 |
[06:16] | You have an overall message? | 您有主旨吗 |
[06:18] | I don’t know. Do I? | 我不知道 我有吗 |
[06:20] | I’m just data-gathering, but I’m open to your ideas. | 我只是在整合数据 但我愿听取您的意见 |
[06:22] | I… let me… let me mull it over. | 我 让我再想想吧 |
[06:25] | See if I can come up with a message, | 看我能不能想出个内容 |
[06:27] | or even a theme. | 或是个主题 |
[06:28] | Ooh, a theme would be awesome. | 有个主题就太棒了 |
[06:31] | Oh, what about the chrysalis thing? | 蛹的主题怎么样 |
[06:33] | A caterpillar into the butterfly…? | 从毛毛虫变成蝴蝶 |
[06:35] | Are you messing with me? | 您是在跟我瞎掰吗 |
[06:40] | Anton, thank you for agreeing | 安东 感谢你能在这么短的时间内 |
[06:42] | to meet on short notice. | 就同意我的见面请求 |
[06:45] | The last time we did this, it worked out. | 上次我们这么做的效果很好 |
[06:47] | It did. Those boys made it safely home from Syria. Thank you. | 确实 那些孩子从叙利亚平安回国 谢谢 |
[06:53] | You’re still a cultural attaché, huh? | 你还是文化专员 对吗 |
[06:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:57] | The work itself is quite dull, | 工作本身十分乏味 |
[06:59] | but the quality of life makes it all worthwhile. | 但想想换来的生活就都值了 |
[07:03] | Katarina got into Harvard, early action. | 卡塔琳娜被哈佛大学录取了 提前申请批 |
[07:06] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[07:10] | I need information | 我需要一位俄罗斯上尉 |
[07:11] | on a Russian army captain, Dmitri Petrov. | 迪米特里·派特洛夫的情报 |
[07:14] | Officially, he died from a fever | 官方消息是 他战时驻扎在乌克兰时 |
[07:17] | he contracted while stationed in Ukraine during the conflict. | 因感染热病去世 |
[07:19] | ?Yes. | 没错 |
[07:21] | Officially, that is how every Russian soldier | 官方称 每个在前线牺牲的俄罗斯士兵 |
[07:23] | who died at the front met his fate. | 死因都和他一样 |
[07:26] | Our young men are impervious to bullets, | 我们年轻的小伙子们没被子弹击中 |
[07:28] | but, sadly, suffer from weak lungs. | 但令人伤心的是 没扛过肺病 |
[07:31] | I have reason to believe he’s still alive, | 我有理由相信他还活着 |
[07:33] | but I need hard evidence. Incontrovertible. | 但我需要确凿的铁证 |
[07:36] | And why do you care so much | 你为什么如此在乎 |
[07:37] | about this particular Russian Army captain? | 这个特别的俄罗斯上尉 |
[07:41] | I know you do realize that I’m friends | 我知道你清楚 |
[07:43] | with the dean of admission at Harvard. | 我是哈佛大学招生办主任的朋友 |
[07:46] | I’m sure Katarina got in on her own merits, | 我相信卡塔琳娜是因自己的优异表现被录取的 |
[07:49] | but you did list me as a reference, | 但你让我写了推荐信 |
[07:51] | and I had some free time, and I made a call. | 我有空时就打了个电话 |
[07:57] | I will do my best, Madam Secretary. | 我会尽我所能 国务卿女士 |
[08:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:12] | Have anything like this in the UK, Jareth? | 你在英国玩过这个吗 杰瑞斯 |
[08:14] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[08:15] | Golf’s quite a serious pursuit over there. | 在英国 高尔夫是一项很严肃的运动 |
[08:17] | It’s fine to think it’s goofy. | 你觉得这玩意很傻也没关系 |
[08:18] | Part of its charm. | 这也是它的魅力之一 |
[08:26] | Your turn, dingus. Go. | 到你了 傻瓜 来吧 |
[08:27] | Um, I’ll pass on this one. | 这局我不来了 |
[08:29] | I know those guys from school. | 我认识那几个人 是我们学校的 |
[08:31] | But what about your score? | 那你的分数怎么办 |
[08:32] | What was…? | 还有… |
[08:33] | It’s already the size of the national debt. | 她已经输得比国债还多了 |
[08:35] | Let her go. | 让她去吧 |
[08:36] | Hello, hole-in-one. | 看好了 一杆进洞 |
[08:39] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:48] | You know what? This is ridiculous. | 你知道吗 这太可笑了 |
[08:49] | The clowns and the windmills | 这些小丑 风车 |
[08:51] | and the jumping dolphins | 还有跳动的海豚 |
[08:52] | are supposed to convey an atmosphere of family fun, | 都是为了营造一种欢乐的家庭氛围 |
[08:54] | while the game itself is just designed to infuriate you. | 可这游戏本身却是专门设计出来气人的 |
[08:55] | Okay, look, just take a deep breath. It’s okay. | 好了 深呼吸 没事了 |
[08:58] | – It’s all right. – I’m getting a snow cone. | -别气了 -我去买杯冰沙 |
[09:02] | I counsel we skip this one. | 我建议我们跳过这一项吧 |
[09:03] | Just give ourselves twos and move on. | 直接没人得两分 玩下一个吧 |
[09:08] | Sorry, this isn’t exactly the kind of outing I’d planned. | 抱歉 计划赶不上变化 |
[09:10] | No, it’s fine. I’m having a lovely time. | 不 没关系 我玩得很开心 |
[09:11] | Um, wh-while… while I’ve got you a moment, | 您现在有时间的话 |
[09:13] | – there’s something I wanted to ask you. – ?Sure. | -我想请您帮个忙 -没问题 |
[09:14] | Um, I know Stevie’s already told you | 我知道斯蒂芬已经告诉您 |
[09:16] | that I accepted a fellowship at Oxford. | 我接受了牛津大学的奖学金 |
[09:18] | Yes. Oh, wow, I-I know you’re going to | 是的 我相信你们肯定能 |
[09:22] | work the relationship part out. | 处理好你们的关系 |
[09:22] | Elizabeth and I did it | 我在海军陆战队的时候 |
[09:23] | when I was in the Marines, | 我和伊丽莎白也曾异地过 |
[09:24] | and that was before Skype and JetBlue and all that. | 那会还没有网络电话和捷蓝廉价航空呢 |
[09:26] | Oh, oh, see, uh, uh, about that, um… | 关于这个 |
[09:29] | see, the thing is, Dr. McCord, um… | 事情是这样的 麦考德博士 |
[09:33] | The thing is, I’m hopelessly in love with your daughter. | 是这样的 我深爱着您的女儿无法自拔 |
[09:37] | And I don’t… I don’t want to imagine | 我无法 我无法想象 |
[09:40] | my life without her. I… | 如果没有了她我的生活会怎样 我 |
[09:42] | I don’t want to go off to Oxford without this settled, | 我想在去牛津之前把这事定下来 |
[09:46] | um, and so, I suppose, I’m rather awkwardly, uh, | 所以 我知道这很尴尬 |
[09:52] | asking your blessing to propose to her. | 但我打算向她求婚 希望能得到您的祝福 |
[09:59] | – Propose… – Marriage? | -求婚… -结婚 |
[10:01] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这反应 |
[10:03] | I mean, don’t these kids have other steps, first? | 现在的孩子都是一步到位的吗 |
[10:06] | – The way we did. – ?I know. | -不像我们那样一步一步来吗 -就是说 |
[10:07] | Like… living together. | 比如 先同居 |
[10:09] | Breaking up, | 分手 |
[10:10] | – and living together. – We didn’t break up. | -再和好 -我们没有分手过 |
[10:12] | I-I just needed a little time to freak out. | 我只是需要点时间来平复心情 |
[10:15] | – It was the worst five days of my life. ?- Three. | -那是我这辈子最糟糕的五天 -三天 |
[10:17] | Followed by the greatest proposal ever. | 然后就是史上最壮观的求婚 |
[10:20] | Yes, the discount skywriter. | 是的 那缺胳膊少腿的空中烟火 |
[10:23] | “Mar Me Elibet.” | “家我 伊丽贝” |
[10:25] | Hey, it worked. | 反正我成功了 |
[10:26] | It did. But wait… | 没错 等等 |
[10:28] | So what did you say? | 你是怎么回答他的 |
[10:31] | I said yes. | 我说好 |
[10:34] | Without talking to me? | 你都没有先跟我谈谈就说好 |
[10:39] | Did you guys just full-on Edith Wharton this | 你们打算走伊迪丝·华顿的风格 |
[10:43] | and act like my voice wasn’t going to matter? | 然后表现得好像我的意见一点也不重要吗 |
[10:46] | Did you negotiate a dowry? | 你们是不是还谈了嫁妆了 |
[10:49] | I-I… honestly, babe, I was so stunned, | 我 说实话 亲爱的 我太惊讶了 |
[10:51] | I might have actually turned into an idiot. | 我都吓傻了 |
[10:53] | – Huh. – ?It was really more E.M. Forster | -是吗 -应该是爱德华·摩根·福斯特更合适 |
[10:55] | ’cause of the whole English thing. | 因为这整件事都很英伦风 |
[10:57] | Look, it was just… | 这只是… |
[11:00] | It’s just a formality, anyway. | 这只是形式而已 |
[11:02] | He’s going to do what he wants. | 反正他肯定会做他想做的事 |
[11:04] | Well, what do we say if she says yes? | 万一她答应了怎么办 |
[11:07] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[11:08] | He’s such a great guy, but they’re so young. | 他是个非常出色的孩子 可他们太年轻了 |
[11:13] | That’s what we say. | 我们就这么说 |
[11:15] | We love Jareth, | 我们很喜欢杰瑞斯 |
[11:18] | but we will love him even more in two years. | 但如果他能再等两年 我们会更喜欢他 |
[11:22] | Okay, let’s just see what happens. | 好吧 只能走着瞧了 |
[11:24] | It’s just getting engaged. | 只是订婚而已 |
[11:25] | Exactly, exactly. | 是啊 没错 |
[11:27] | And they can take their time getting married. | 他们可能还要过很久才会结婚 |
[11:29] | I mean, some-some… engagements go on forever. | 有些人 订了一辈子的婚都没结婚 |
[11:34] | My brother and Sophie? | 就像我弟弟和苏菲 |
[11:36] | Oh, yeah, like, 15 years, right? | 对啊 他们订婚有15年了吧 |
[11:38] | – Yeah. – Did they ever get married? | -是啊 -他们结婚了没 |
[11:39] | I don’t know. I think so. | 我也不知道 应该结了吧 |
[11:43] | You know what, this… is kind of a champagne problem. | 你知道吗 这其实是该庆祝的 |
[11:47] | I mean, this terrific guy with a fellowship to Oxford in physics | 一个获得牛津大学物理学奖学金的优秀的男孩 |
[11:52] | wants to marry our daughter. | 想娶我们的女儿 |
[11:55] | I think we’ll survive. | 我们能适应过来的 |
[11:56] | Yeah. ? | 是啊 |
[12:03] | Oh, Henry. | 亨利 |
[12:04] | Our baby. | 我们的宝贝女儿 |
[12:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:16] | After your commencement address, | 在发表毕业演讲之后 |
[12:17] | you’ll be joining the school’s president | 您将与校长一同 |
[12:19] | for a luncheon in his home. | 在他家中共进午餐 |
[12:21] | Gordon, come here, good buddy. | 戈登 过来 好孩子 |
[12:23] | Come here, come on, Gordon. | 过来 过来 戈登 |
[12:25] | There’s a good boy. | 真是好孩子 |
[12:25] | Mike B., you can come in. | 麦克·B 进来吧 |
[12:29] | Are we doing this here, in front of them? | 我们要在这说吗 当着他们的面 |
[12:31] | Always a pleasure to see you too, Mike. | 见到你真是高兴 麦克 |
[12:33] | I’m ready to read them in. | 我打算告诉他们了 |
[12:35] | Here, you go walk with Uncle Mike. | 来 跟你麦克叔叔去散散步 |
[12:36] | Oh, come here. All right. Who raised you? | 过来 好了 记不记得谁把你养大的 |
[12:39] | So, uh, | 那个 |
[12:41] | had Mike B. running some favorability numbers | 我让麦克·B去调查 |
[12:43] | on the idea of trading Peter Buckley to the Russians. | 把皮特·巴克利交换给俄罗斯人的支持率 |
[12:48] | Obviously, that does not leave this room. | 当然了 出了这房间谁也不准提起这件事 |
[12:50] | Well, it ain’t pretty. | 结果不乐观 |
[12:50] | 48% say they’d view the trade unfavorably. | 48%的人表示不支持这一交易 |
[12:53] | Well, that’s less than 50. | 没到半数嘛 |
[12:55] | With 32% saying they’d view it “extremely unfavorably.” | 32%的人表示”坚决反对” |
[12:59] | And how would they view President Dalton | 道尔顿总统做了这样的交易 |
[13:00] | for making such a trade? | 他们会怎么看他 |
[13:02] | Ah, that came in at 78%: “What are you, nuts?” | 百分之七十八的人认为”你谁啊 疯子” |
[13:05] | Figured as much. | 我也这样想 |
[13:07] | That’s why you’re here. | 那就是你来的原因 |
[13:09] | Wha…? | 什么 |
[13:10] | I have no idea what’s going on. | 我完全不知道发生了什么 |
[13:12] | It’s Washington. Who does? | 这是华盛顿 谁知道 |
[13:13] | I want you to put together a package | 我需要你给俄罗斯人提供 |
[13:15] | of inducements of equal or greater value | 和皮特·巴克利同样有诱惑力 |
[13:18] | to the Russians as Peter Buckley. | 或者更有价值的东西 |
[13:19] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[13:21] | I can try, but it’ll have to be pretty damn enticing. | 我能试试 不过那得非常非常诱人了 |
[13:24] | He’s kind of a white whale for them. | 他对他们来说就是条白鲸 |
[13:26] | And who or what would we be getting in return? | 那我们能收获哪个人或者物作为回报 |
[13:30] | Let’s just say another white whale. | 这么说吧 另一条白鲸 |
[13:33] | Understood, ma’am. | 明白了 国务卿 |
[13:34] | Great, now that we’re done speaking in Melville code, | 很好 既然我们不再用梅尔维尔代码说话了 |
[13:36] | can we have the room? | 我们能私聊一下吗 |
[13:37] | You and I have other problems to discuss. | 你和我还有其他的问题要讨论 |
[13:46] | Really? | 真的要这样 |
[13:48] | Really. | 真的 |
[13:49] | Really. | 真的 |
[13:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:52] | My friend also told me that his company was commissioned | 我朋友告诉我他公司还接到了来自 |
[13:54] | by an unnamed entity– read: the White House– | 无名机构的任务 其实就是白宫 |
[13:57] | to do a poll on three people: Albert Kopp, | 要对以下三个人做民调 艾伯特·科普 |
[14:00] | Lloyd Frost and Calvin Hastings. | 劳埃德·弗罗斯特和卡尔文·黑斯廷斯 |
[14:02] | -So? -?They’re all heavy-hitters | -所以呢 -他们都是有着 |
[14:04] | with foreign policy credentials. | 处理外交政策资历的大人物 |
[14:06] | In fact, they were on the short list | 其实 在国务卿马什去世后 |
[14:08] | after Secretary Marsh died. | 他们都在候选名单上 |
[14:09] | The White House is looking to dump you. | 白宫想要抛弃你 |
[14:13] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[14:15] | What…? | 什么 |
[14:20] | First of all, Conrad is a friend. | 首先 康拉德是我的朋友 |
[14:25] | And secondly, | 其次 |
[14:27] | I-I-I’ve had a few successes. | 我 我也有些成就 |
[14:29] | Listen, you could be Thomas Jefferson, | 听着 你也许是托马斯·杰弗森 |
[14:31] | but I’m telling you, it looks like you’re about to get canned. | 但我也得告诉你 看起来你要被解雇了 |
[14:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:35] | It’s an election year. | 今年是大选年 |
[14:36] | There… there could be a million reasons. | 可能有无数个原因 |
[14:43] | Well, thank you for the heads up, Mike, but… | 谢谢你的提醒 麦克 不过 |
[14:46] | I’m not worried. | 我不担心 |
[14:48] | And now that that’s settled, | 既然那已经解决了 |
[14:50] | let’s let the secretary get back to work. | 我们还是让国务卿继续工作吧 |
[14:52] | Sure. Why not? | 好的 当然了 |
[15:15] | Mom? Dad? | 妈 爸 |
[15:26] | So… we’re engaged. | 所以 我们订婚了 |
[15:28] | ?You’re kidding. | 说笑的吧 |
[15:31] | Hey, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[15:34] | I asked and she said yes. | 我求婚 她答应了 |
[15:37] | Well, he didn’t just ask me. | 他并不只是向我求婚了 |
[15:39] | – He put this ring in the parfait – ?Ring? | -他还把戒指藏在芭菲甜点里了 -戒指 |
[15:41] | and I almost choked on it. | 我差点就噎着了 |
[15:42] | Ring? Let me see. | 戒指 给我看看 |
[15:43] | Yeah, I forgot. | 是的 我忘了 |
[15:44] | Um, yeah, and he got down on one knee and-and… | 是的 然后他单膝下跪 然后 |
[15:47] | the whole restaurant was watching. | 整个餐厅都在看着我们 |
[15:50] | Oh! ?They all applauded when I said yes. | 我答应的时候大家都在鼓掌 |
[15:52] | Wow, because you said yes. | 因为你答应了 |
[15:54] | Of course you did, with that ring. | 你当然答应了 还有戒指呢 |
[15:56] | Oh, it’s a family heirloom. | 它还是家族祖传的 |
[16:00] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[16:01] | We-we couldn’t be happier for you, really. | 我们 我们太为你们高兴了 真的 |
[16:03] | And we’re sure the date is way off. | 结婚那天还远着呢 |
[16:05] | Cause you got to finish college and law school. | 因为你还要读完大学和法学院 |
[16:07] | Oh, why are we…? We don’t need to think about that now. | 我们为什么 我们不需要现在就想那个 |
[16:09] | Let’s not. | 我们现在别想了 |
[16:11] | Let’s… let’s have that champagne. | 我们 我们喝了那瓶香槟吧 |
[16:13] | Well, actually, it’s not that far. | 实际上 也没有那么久远 |
[16:14] | We were thinking we-we might have it in DC at the courthouse. | 我们想也许就在华盛顿的法院举行婚礼 |
[16:17] | Yeah, we-we already have a date. | 是的 我们已经定好日期了 |
[16:18] | It’s, uh, this weekend. | 就是这个周末 |
[16:20] | Wow! ?Yeah. | 哇 好啊 |
[16:22] | Uh, sorry, that’s, um, it’s my parents. | 不好意思 是我父母打来的 |
[16:25] | We haven’t told them yet. I… ?Oh yeah, um… | 我们还没告诉他们 我 |
[16:26] | -Oh, yeah, go, go, go. – We’ll be back in one… | -好了 去吧 -我们马上就 |
[16:28] | -We’ll… One sec. -Hi, Mum. | -我们 等一下 -妈 |
[16:29] | Um, just a minute. | 等一下就好 |
[16:32] | Are we united that this is too fast? | 这有点太快了 同意吗 |
[16:34] | Way too fast. | 太快了 |
[16:37] | Okay, I’ve done my homework, | 好 我做好功课了 |
[16:38] | and here’s where we are. | 现在是这样 |
[16:40] | First up, Albert Kopp, deputy secretary under Marsh, | 首先 艾伯特·科普 国务卿马什的副手 |
[16:43] | now works in the private sector consulting for an NGO. | 现在在私营企业为非政府组织做咨询 |
[16:45] | I knew him well. | 我很了解他 |
[16:48] | The plagiarism scandal from years ago | 多年以前的剽窃丑闻 |
[16:50] | is probably behind him, | 可能已经过去了 |
[16:51] | but the “Everyone in bureaucracy hated him” scandal | 但是”官僚中每个人都讨厌他”的传闻 |
[16:55] | most likely is not. | 很可能还在困扰他 |
[16:56] | I doubt Dalton would hoist him on the rank and file. | 我很怀疑道尔顿会把他列为成员之一 |
[16:59] | Lloyd Frost. | 劳埃德·弗罗斯特 |
[17:01] | Former high-ranking military officer, | 前军队将领 |
[17:03] | two-term congressman and ex-ambassador to Indonesia. | 两届国会议员以及前印度尼西亚大使 |
[17:06] | Frost would never relocate to DC… | 弗罗斯特绝不会回到华盛顿 |
[17:07] | Because his mistress lives in San Diego. | 因为他的情妇住在圣地亚哥 |
[17:09] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[17:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:13] | Calvin Hastings, former ambassador to the UN. | 卡尔文·黑斯廷斯 前联合国大使 |
[17:15] | Plenty of foreign policy experience. | 有丰富的外交政策经验 |
[17:16] | And he’s from a purple state, | 而且他来自紫色州 |
[17:18] | so his constituency would be useful to Dalton. | 那么他的选民对道尔顿来说会很有用 |
[17:21] | His wife is a veteran. | 她妻子是名老兵 |
[17:22] | They have three beautiful children. | 他们有三个漂亮的孩子 |
[17:25] | And he has a history of outside-the-box thinking. | 并且他历来有创造性的想法 |
[17:29] | If anything, he’s a Secretary McCord 2.0. | 他就是个再版的国务卿麦考德 |
[17:33] | And he’s clean. | 他还身家清白 |
[17:34] | Well… | 好吧 |
[17:36] | if you can’t find dirt on him, nobody can. | 如果你都找不到他的污点 没人可以 |
[17:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:41] | Frankly, I think he’d make | 老实说 我觉得他比 |
[17:42] | a more useful secretary than Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白当国务卿更有用 |
[17:45] | Because he’s from a swing state. | 因为他来自摇摆州 |
[17:46] | Relax. | 放松 |
[17:52] | I miss my shoes. | 我怀念我的鞋子 |
[17:54] | Well, that was brutal. | 真凶残 |
[17:56] | All that champagne and terrible ideas. | 那些香槟还有糟糕的想法 |
[18:01] | My face hurts from fake smiling. | 我的脸都装笑装得疼了 |
[18:03] | How do you think my tongue feels from me biting it? | 你觉得我咬着自己舌头是什么感觉 |
[18:06] | She’s going to put school | 她想要停学 |
[18:07] | on hold and maybe | 然后也许 |
[18:09] | find work in a pub. She did say pub. | 在酒吧找一份工作 她的确说了酒吧 |
[18:13] | For the experience of immersing herself | 为了体验这种 |
[18:17] | in the culture? | 文化的经历 |
[18:18] | Oh, yeah, we are gonna have to say something. | 我们得说些什么 |
[18:19] | Oh, you are definitely gonna have to say something. | 你一定要说点什么 |
[18:23] | Really? | 是吗 |
[18:25] | You’re going to have to make her understand about | 你得让她理解 |
[18:28] | concrete plans, | 可行计划 |
[18:30] | and-and contingency plans, and future pla– | 和可能有变动的计划 还有未来计 |
[18:35] | you’re just gonna have to explain plans. | 总之你就是要跟她解释计划 |
[18:37] | Look, I know you’re upset | 我知道她没向你 |
[18:38] | you weren’t consulted about the proposal, | 征求意见你很不爽 |
[18:40] | – Yeah! ?- But now I’m the one that has to tell her | -没错 -但是我才是那个要告诉她 |
[18:42] | she’s about to screw up her life? | 她会毁了自己生活的人 |
[18:43] | Yes, and now is not a good time | 是的 现在对我来说不是一个 |
[18:44] | for me to confront my contradictions. | 面对自己困境的好时机 |
[18:47] | I just need you to stop this from happening. | 我只是需要你阻止这件事发生 |
[18:50] | Okay, okay, I’ll do my best. | 好的 好的 我尽量 |
[18:51] | I-It is like my entire history | 好像我整个 |
[18:55] | of parental guidance | 作为家长的过去 |
[18:56] | is-is being erased. | 都不复存在一样 |
[18:59] | There’s no bank. | 没有任何储蓄 |
[19:01] | Nothing that I have done | 我之前所做的一切 |
[19:03] | up to this point matters. | 都无济于事 |
[19:06] | Is this all about Stevie? | 除了斯蒂芬没别的事吗 |
[19:07] | Yes! Maybe. | 是的 也许吧 |
[19:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:14] | What’s going on? | 怎么啦 |
[19:15] | Conrad’s looking to replace me. | 康拉德想替换我 |
[19:19] | What?! | 什么 |
[19:19] | Says who? | 谁说的 |
[19:22] | Mike B. | 麦克·B |
[19:24] | Mike B., come on, that guy | 麦克·B 别多想了 那家伙 |
[19:26] | dines out on controversy and bad news. | 可是以争议事件和坏消息谋生的 |
[19:29] | Yes, and as a result, he has a jump on everything. | 是的 所以他什么事都能抢先一步 |
[19:34] | That’s got to be some kind of crazy rumor. | 这一定是个离谱的谣言 |
[19:36] | Conrad would never do that to you. | 康拉德不会对你这么做 |
[19:38] | You’ve been so loyal. | 你一直很忠诚 |
[19:39] | I find it inconceivable that he would turn on you like this. | 他不可能会这样背叛你 |
[19:42] | Well, it is Washington | 这是华盛顿 |
[19:45] | and there is an election coming up, | 还有一场选举来临 |
[19:48] | and the crazy thing is… | 离谱的事情是 |
[19:53] | …until now, I didn’t even realize | 直到现在 我才意识到 |
[19:55] | how much I’ve come to love the job. | 我有多爱这份工作 |
[20:00] | That’s the first time I’ve ever heard you say that. | 这是我第一次听你这么说 |
[20:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:16] | Uh, good morning, ma’am. | 早上好 国务卿 |
[20:17] | Uh, you received a call | 有个来自俄罗斯大使馆 |
[20:18] | from an Anton Durchenko | 一位安东·德钱科的 |
[20:20] | from the Russian Embassy. | 来电找您 |
[20:22] | He’s a cultural attaché. | 他是一名文化参赞 |
[20:23] | He-he-he says that you know him. | 他说你认识他 |
[20:25] | Yeah, from my CIA days. | 是的 我还在中情局的时候 |
[20:26] | Oh, well, uh, he called to invite you to a concert today | 他打电话来邀请你去 |
[20:29] | at the Russian Embassy. | 今天在俄罗斯大使馆的音乐会 |
[20:31] | I told him you were very busy but he insisted that | 我告诉他你很忙但是他坚持说 |
[20:32] | you would be interested. | 你会感兴趣的 |
[20:34] | It’s, uh, Rachmaninoff’s String Quartet Number 1. | 是拉赫玛尼诺夫的第一弦乐四重奏 |
[20:37] | Okay, clear my afternoon. | 好吧 清出下午的安排 |
[20:40] | R-really? | 真的 |
[20:41] | Yeah, I could use a little break. | 是的 我需要休息一下 |
[20:44] | Tell Anton I’m coming. | 告诉安东我会去的 |
[20:46] | Uh, yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[20:47] | Bring you back some caviar and vodka. | 给你带点鱼子酱和伏特加 |
[20:49] | Oh, please, don’t. | 请别这样 |
[20:50] | I’m cleansing. | 我正在净化肠胃 |
[21:21] | That’s all the documentation I could find. | 这是我能找到的所有文件 |
[21:58] | Minister Avdonin, | 阿夫多宁部长 |
[21:59] | where did you think this road would lead | 当你决定操纵我和美国政府时 |
[22:01] | when you decided to manipulate me | 你觉得会有 |
[22:04] | and the United States Government? | 怎样的结果 |
[22:06] | It took exactly one move from me | 我只需一个动作 |
[22:08] | to find the proof that Captain Dmitri Petrov is dead. | 就能找到迪米特里·派特洛夫上尉死亡的证据 |
[22:11] | Madam Secretary, forgive me, | 国务卿女士 原谅我 |
[22:13] | but I have to call into question this so-called proof | 但我必须质疑你声称掌握的 |
[22:16] | that you claim to have. | 所谓证据 |
[22:17] | Oh, it was-it was pretty convincing. | 这证据非常确凿 |
[22:19] | Dmitri Petrov’s treachery | 迪米特里·派特洛夫的背叛 |
[22:21] | had to remain secret to the public at large, | 一定要对公众保密 |
[22:24] | but in order to maintain the appearance | 但是为了保持军事官员 |
[22:26] | of strength among the military’s officer class, | 权威的表象 |
[22:28] | President Salnikov falsified the Captain’s execution. | 萨尔尼科夫总统伪造了上尉的处决 |
[22:32] | I saw a photo of him with a bullet in his head. | 我看到了他的头被子弹击中的照片 |
[22:36] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[22:37] | We’re very good at what we do. | 我们很在行 |
[22:41] | I want proof of life before we can proceed. | 在我们继续前 我要他活着的证明 |
[22:44] | No. | 不 |
[22:45] | President Salnikov wants to maintain | 萨尔尼科夫总统想保持 |
[22:47] | the pretense of Dmitri’s death. | 迪米特里死亡的假象 |
[22:49] | He will not risk exposing this operation | 他不会冒险暴露这次行动 |
[22:52] | for anything short of Peter Buckley’s freedom. | 就因为彼得·巴克利的自由 |
[22:55] | It’s the reason why he kept the traitor alive. | 只是他还留着叛徒一命的原因 |
[22:58] | Now he sees that the time is right, | 现在他觉得时机合适 |
[23:00] | given such high-level interest. | 受到高层关注 |
[23:03] | I would only consider moving forward with the trade | 只有当我看到你们表示出善意姿态 |
[23:07] | if there was a good faith gesture. | 我才会考虑继续交易 |
[23:12] | Dmitri Petrov’s sister Talia released | 迪米特里·派特洛夫的妹妹塔莉娅 |
[23:14] | from prison in advance. | 要先从监狱释放 |
[23:17] | That can be arranged. | 这可以安排 |
[23:19] | I will process the orders right away. | 我马上就下命令 |
[23:22] | But as for Dmitri, it’s Buckley or nothing. | 但是想要迪米特里 就必须交出巴克利 |
[23:25] | And I’m running out of patience. | 我就快失去耐心了 |
[23:27] | Good-bye, Madam Secretary. | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[23:31] | – Ma’am, a word? – We have proof. | -国务卿 方便吗 -我们有证据了 |
[23:33] | You’re on your way out. | 你没戏了 |
[23:34] | We have some rather unsettling news, | 我们有些不好的消息 |
[23:36] | but I wouldn’t call it proof. | 但算不上是证据 |
[23:37] | They’re gonna be moving the furniture out | 别再安抚她了 |
[23:38] | – while you’re protecting her feelings. – Just tell me. | -这屋子都要被清空了 -快说吧 |
[23:40] | Calvin Hastings’ wife moved heaven and earth | 卡尔文·黑斯廷斯的妻子想尽一切办法 |
[23:42] | to get their child put on a wait list | 把自己的孩子弄进 |
[23:44] | for the Circle of Friends preschool, | 朋友圈幼儿园的候选名单里 |
[23:45] | which is the finger paint feeder | 这座幼儿园是华盛顿 |
[23:47] | for all the best prep schools in DC. | 最好的私立学校预备班 |
[23:48] | Hastings doesn’t even have a preschool-aged child. | 但黑斯廷斯并没有要上幼儿园的孩子 |
[23:51] | He will soon enough. | 就快了 |
[23:52] | His wife is six months pregnant. | 他老婆已经怀孕六个月 |
[23:59] | Damn it. | 该死 |
[24:05] | I was just coming to find you. | 我正要来找你 |
[24:06] | I have a draft. It’s rough, | 我写了个稿子 还没好好改 |
[24:07] | – but I think it’s pretty good. – The commencement speech. | -但我觉得还不错 -毕业典礼演说 |
[24:09] | – I-I can’t. – You can’t what? | -我去不了 -去不了什么 |
[24:11] | I-I can’t do it. There’s a lot going on. | 我不能去了 太多事情了 |
[24:14] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂 |
[24:15] | Bailing on them at this point, all due respect, | 但现在才反悔 |
[24:17] | – is pretty rude. – I’m not bailing on them. I’m sending you. | -挺不好的 -我不是要反悔 你替我去 |
[24:19] | Wait, wait, what?! | 等会儿 什么 |
[24:21] | Look, you wrote the speech. It’s all you. | 你写的稿子 你去最合适了 |
[24:22] | And, besides, the kids will relate to you more. Thank you. | 而且孩子们会更喜欢你的 谢谢你 |
[24:26] | I’ll coordinate it. Just trust me. | 我会跟他们协调的 相信我 |
[24:28] | Madam Secretary, they’re really expecting you. | 国务卿女士 但他们期待的是您 |
[24:30] | I’m-I’m gonna be a big disappointment. | 我去的话他们会很失望的 |
[24:31] | Look, I’ll make a contribution to the school. | 我会给学校做贡献的 |
[24:33] | I’ll take individual meetings with the graduates. | 我可以单独会见毕业生 |
[24:35] | – How many? ?- 400. | -有多少毕业生 -四百人 |
[24:38] | We’ll figure it out. And, Matt, | 总会有办法的 还有 马特 |
[24:41] | you’re not gonna be a disappointment. | 你不会令他们失望的 |
[24:43] | You’re gonna crush it. | 你会震撼全场的 |
[24:51] | Elise. | 伊丽莎 |
[24:52] | Russell… | 拉塞尔 |
[24:55] | Now that I’m on the other side of this, | 看着别人闯进我的房间 |
[24:57] | it is pretty rude. | 才觉得这种行为真的挺无礼的 |
[24:59] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[25:01] | Yes, we do. | 没错 |
[25:03] | You need to drop the Peter Buckley thing. | 你就别揪住彼得·巴克利的事不放了 |
[25:07] | Look, I have no idea why you’d want | 我不明白你为什么想把 |
[25:10] | to give up a traitor to the Russians. | 一个叛徒交给俄罗斯 |
[25:11] | All I know is that you have no business even discussing this | 我只知道在选举期间 |
[25:15] | in the middle of an election. | 根本就顾不上讨论这种事 |
[25:16] | And why should I listen to this when I’m losing my job? | 我工作都快丢了 还管得了那么多吗 |
[25:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:24] | Two can play at the omniscience game. | 你们两个保密工作做的挺好的 |
[25:26] | I know that you are planning on offering | 我知道你想让卡尔文·黑斯廷斯 |
[25:29] | my position to Calvin Hastings. | 来做我的职位 |
[25:33] | Look… | 是这样的 |
[25:36] | I can’t talk about this. | 我无权评论 |
[25:43] | You’re not even denying it? | 你都不否认吗 |
[25:48] | You need to talk to the president, soon. | 你很快就要和总统谈话了 |
[25:51] | He’s in Chicago at a fund-raiser. | 他正在芝加哥募集捐款 |
[25:54] | He’ll be back tomorrow. | 明天就回来 |
[25:55] | I’ll get you a face-to-face with him. | 我让你和他面谈 |
[25:58] | Don’t bring up Buckley. | 别提起巴克利 |
[26:01] | We’ll see about that. | 到时再说吧 |
[26:23] | We love Jareth. | 我们喜欢杰瑞斯 |
[26:25] | We think he’s a great guy. | 我们觉得他是个好人 |
[26:27] | But you’re rushing into this marriage too quickly. | 但你太早着急结婚了 |
[26:31] | No, just “Rushing.” | 不 只说”着急”就行了 |
[26:33] | “Rushing” Is “Quickly.” You don’t need both. | “着急”和”早”是一个意思 |
[26:35] | You’re rushing into this marriage. And why? | 你太急着结婚了 为什么要这样 |
[26:38] | Marriage is forever, | 婚姻是一辈子的事 |
[26:39] | and forever is a lot longer than you think it is. | 比你想象的长多了 |
[26:42] | This is stupid. | 蠢死了 |
[26:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:46] | Just go out there and start talking. | 还是临场发挥吧 |
[26:49] | It can’t be that hard. | 不会太难吧 |
[26:50] | Yeah, but isn’t an up-do, like, | 但是盘头会不会显得 |
[26:51] | – too much going on? – Not if it’s casual, | -太正式了 -随意点就不会 |
[26:53] | – like a modified ballerina bun – Yeah. | -比如简式芭蕾盘头 -好吧 |
[26:55] | or a messy French twist. | 或者随意的法式卷 |
[26:56] | Oh, you mean the ones that messy, like, have to look messy | 你是说那种看起来乱乱的 |
[26:58] | but you can’t actually have them be mess… | 但其实不是真乱的那种 |
[27:00] | That’s the magic. | 那才是最难的 |
[27:01] | – Thank God you’re here. – Hey, Dad. | -你在这儿真好 -爸爸 |
[27:04] | It’s just a dry run. | 只是试验一下 |
[27:05] | Um, the big day is still on Saturday. | 婚礼还是周六 |
[27:08] | You look beautiful. | 你真漂亮 |
[27:10] | Noodle, could we have a minute? | 宝贝 我们能单独谈谈吗 |
[27:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:15] | You look so beautiful. Seriously. ?Thanks, Ali. | -你好美啊 真的 -谢谢 艾莉森 |
[27:20] | So… | 你是不是 |
[27:22] | is this the big sentimental dad talk | 想在把女儿交出去之前 |
[27:24] | about sending me off into the world? | 语重心长的说点什么 |
[27:28] | Not exactly. | 不算是 |
[27:31] | Okay. | 说吧 |
[27:34] | Look… | 是这样的 |
[27:36] | Mom and I are concerned that… | 我和妈妈担心 |
[27:39] | It’s too soon, isn’t it? | 太快了 是吗 |
[27:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:50] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[27:54] | I was wondering when one of you was gonna stop me | 我还在想你们什么时候才会 |
[27:57] | from doing something incredibly… | 站出来阻止我 |
[27:59] | impulsive and stupid, | 做出冲动而愚蠢的行为 |
[28:01] | which this does feel like it is. | 现在的情况就是这样 |
[28:04] | But at the same time… | 但是 |
[28:07] | I love him, and… | 我爱他 而且 |
[28:09] | I don’t want to lose him. | 我不想失去他 |
[28:12] | And I know that he’s the forever guy. | 我知道他是那种能过一辈子的人 |
[28:15] | I just don’t know that I want to start forever right now. | 我只是不确定我现在就想开始 |
[28:18] | Right. Because forever is a lot longer than you think it is. | 是啊 一辈子比你想象的长得多 |
[28:21] | I just didn’t know what to say when he proposed. | 他求婚的时候我不知道该怎么办 |
[28:25] | I mean, people were watching. | 人们都在看 |
[28:29] | And it was so romantic! | 多浪漫啊 |
[28:31] | And he’s the greatest guy… ever. | 而且他是我遇到过的最好的男人 |
[28:35] | Being willing to take that risk, you know? | 想要承担这么大的风险 |
[28:42] | Commitment is really hard to find in… | 像我这个年龄 想要得到承诺 |
[28:46] | people my age. | 是一件很难的事 |
[28:48] | Or anybody. | 谁都一样 |
[28:51] | How can I just throw all of that away? | 我怎么能放弃这一切 |
[29:02] | You don’t have to. | 你不需要 |
[29:04] | And you shouldn’t. | 而且也不应该这么做 |
[29:07] | We love Jareth. | 我们都很喜欢杰瑞斯 |
[29:11] | We just think that… | 我们只是觉得 |
[29:13] | if you’re willing to commit to a life together, | 如果你们真的愿意向彼此承诺一生 |
[29:16] | then that’s not going anywhere. | 那么承诺是不会飞走的 |
[29:20] | It’ll stand the test of time. | 会经得住时间的检验的 |
[29:23] | I’m speaking in clichés now, | 我又是陈腔滥调了 |
[29:24] | – exclusively. I just can’t… – That’s okay. | -肯定的 我没法… -没关系 |
[29:26] | Dad, you’re a little freaked out. I am. | -老爸 你是太担心了 -是的 |
[29:28] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[29:31] | Okay. | 好了 |
[29:40] | Tell me what you know, Bess. | 跟我说说你都知道些什么 贝丝 |
[29:42] | That you made an unofficial offer to Calvin Hastings | 您私下承诺让卡尔文·黑斯廷斯 |
[29:44] | to replace me as Secretary of State. | 接替我来担任国务卿 |
[29:48] | Hastings hasn’t unofficially accepted. | 黑斯廷斯还没有私下里接受 |
[29:50] | I was hoping to bring you into the circle | 我本来是想等情况好些时 |
[29:52] | when the situation… | 再告诉你 |
[29:53] | I’ve been told by Foreign Minister Avdonin | 我从阿夫多宁外长那得到消息 |
[29:55] | that Dmitri Petrov is alive. | 迪米特里·派特洛夫还活着 |
[29:57] | They’ll give him his freedom in exchange for Peter Buckley. | 他们想用他换彼得·巴克利 |
[30:00] | Here we go. | 你还真说了 |
[30:04] | Give us a moment. | 让我们单独谈谈 |
[30:19] | You need to let this go. | 你得放下这件事了 |
[30:20] | Not a chance. | 不可能 |
[30:22] | After everything that I have done | 我为你和这届政府 |
[30:24] | in service to you and this administration, | 做了这么多的事 |
[30:26] | only to find myself turned out | 可你为了政治私利 |
[30:29] | at the first glimmer of political expediency? | 就把我给卖了 |
[30:32] | Bess… – Not to mention | 贝丝 -更别提 |
[30:34] | the sacrifices my whole family made, | 我全家人做出的牺牲 |
[30:36] | especially Henry, who did his best to put it behind him | 特别是亨利 他为了支持你的工作 |
[30:39] | and support you after his own asset | 即使为了大局 牺牲他的线人 |
[30:41] | was surrendered to the greater good. | 他也没有纠缠这事 |
[30:43] | Do you have any idea the stress that put on us? | 你知道这带给我们多大的压力吗 |
[30:47] | We survived it because we did have a bigger picture in mind, | 我们能坚持下来是因为我们心里都为大局着想 |
[30:50] | because we did serve at the pleasure of a man | 因为我们都很乐意为我们 |
[30:53] | we both respected | 都尊重 敬仰 |
[30:55] | and admired and trusted. | 并信任的人工作 |
[30:57] | And now this? You’re firing me? | 可你现在来这手 要炒掉我 |
[30:59] | Bess, I’m not firing you. | 贝丝 我没有要炒掉你 |
[31:03] | I’m trying to ask you to be my vice president. | 我是要让你做我的副总统 |
[31:11] | What?! | 什么 |
[31:12] | Mark Delgado has serious health issues. | 马克· 德尔加多有严重的健康问题 |
[31:15] | It’s just not a viable job for him anymore. | 他已经不可能做这份工作了 |
[31:18] | It was a very short list | 他的接替者名单上的人 |
[31:19] | when it came to his replacement. | 非常得少 |
[31:23] | Only one name on it. | 只有一个名字 |
[31:29] | I’m going to need your help on the campaign trail. | 我的竞选之路上需要你的帮助 |
[31:31] | But more importantly, I’m going to need your wise counsel | 可更重要的是 我在所有的事情上都需要 |
[31:35] | on all matters, foreign and domestic. | 你的锦囊妙计 不论国外还是国内的事 |
[31:38] | I didn’t want to bring you into this | 我本来想在确认国务卿人选之前 |
[31:39] | until I had a solid choice for Secretary of State. | 先不告诉你这件事 |
[31:44] | That person has some pretty big shoes to fill. | 因为这个人选的责任很重 |
[31:52] | Mr. President… | 总统先生 |
[31:55] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[31:59] | First of all, thank you. | 首先我要说 谢谢 |
[32:03] | And I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. | 其次很抱歉误会了您 |
[32:05] | It’s quite all right. | 没事的 |
[32:08] | And then, | 然后 |
[32:10] | I suppose I’ll need some time to think. | 我想我需要一些时间来考虑 |
[32:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[32:24] | Sir, I-I’m not… I’m not bargaining here. | 阁下 我不是在跟你讨价还价 |
[32:26] | It’s a separate issue, this matter of Dmitri Petrov. | 迪米特里·派特洛夫的事跟这个没关系 |
[32:29] | It’s out of the question. | 这事没得商量 |
[32:29] | American assets were sent to their deaths | 美国的线人因为被巴克利暴露了 |
[32:32] | when Buckley burned them. | 才失去了生命 |
[32:33] | – Two of them were friends. – I know. | -其中还有我的两个朋友 -我知道 |
[32:35] | As the former CIA director, you know I can’t begin | 作为前中情局局长 你知道我根本不能 |
[32:38] | to consider giving this traitor his freedom. | 考虑放这个叛徒自由 |
[32:41] | You also know that Dmitri is probably dead. | 你也应该知道 这个迪米特里可能已经死了 |
[32:44] | But while there’s a chance, we have to try. | 但是只要有机会 我们就得尝试 |
[32:49] | He was one of the most effective assets we’ve ever had. | 他是我们有过的最有成果的线人 |
[32:51] | His intel may have prevented a world war. | 他的情报可能阻止了一场战争 |
[32:55] | Meanwhile, | 同时 |
[32:57] | Buckley is no longer a threat to American security. | 巴克利对美国的安全也不再构成威胁了 |
[33:03] | But besides all that, | 不过除了这些之外 |
[33:05] | you know in your heart of hearts | 你内心里非常清楚 |
[33:07] | that giving up Dmitri | 当初把迪米特里 |
[33:08] | to make that deal with Russia was wrong. | 交给俄国人本身就是个错误 |
[33:12] | It was a necessary wrong. | 虽然是必要的 |
[33:15] | But it was wrong. | 但仍然是个错误 |
[33:17] | Here we have a chance to make it right. | 现在我们有机会改正这个错误 |
[33:20] | How often do we get that? | 这种机会总能遇见吗 |
[33:24] | Here I am, offering you | 我现在给你机会 |
[33:25] | the second most important job in the country, | 担任全国第二高权利的职务 |
[33:28] | and you’re poking at my conscience. | 可你却用良知来威胁我 |
[33:31] | Any wonder why I want you to take the job? | 知道我为什么想让你来担任这个工作吗 |
[33:41] | Well, it looks like we both have a lot to think about. | 看来我们俩都有很多事要考虑 |
[33:52] | So, for the wedding reception, | 关于婚宴的事 |
[33:55] | plenty of room for mingling but not too cavernous. | 有很多地方可以互相聊聊但不会太空洞 |
[33:57] | Got craft beers on tap, nice wine selection, | 可以喝喝啤酒 还有不错的红酒 |
[34:00] | all the small batch liquors. | 各种威士忌 |
[34:03] | Walks right up to precious, | 直接就能看到好东西 |
[34:04] | and then says, no, wait, | 然后说 不 等一下 |
[34:06] | sophisticated. | 太复杂 |
[34:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:11] | It’s nice. | 很好 |
[34:14] | Okay, so… | 好吧 |
[34:17] | why does it look like you’re being | 可你怎么看上去 |
[34:18] | led to your execution? | 像是要去受刑了呢 |
[34:24] | It’s, it’s too soon. | 这个 太快了 |
[34:27] | – What? – For getting married. | -什么 -结婚 |
[34:29] | – Yes, no, I put that together. ?- Jareth… | -是的 我能想明白 -杰瑞斯 |
[34:31] | I love you so much. | 我非常爱你 |
[34:34] | And I love the idea of marrying you, it’s… | 我也很想嫁给你 只是 |
[34:38] | just every time I th… I think about | 我每次想到 |
[34:41] | actually doing it, I… | 真要结婚了 我 |
[34:43] | I kind of feel like… | 我感觉好像是 |
[34:46] | throwing up or-or passing out, | 要吐出来 或者要晕倒了 |
[34:48] | and-and that’s not how I really want to feel. | 这不是我期待的感受 |
[34:52] | No, that’s not ideal. | 是不太好 |
[34:54] | So why can’t we wait? | 那我们为什么不能等等 |
[34:56] | Of course we can. | 我们当然能等 |
[34:58] | It’s just when I think of being separated from you | 只是我一想到要和你分开那么久 |
[35:00] | for that long without some kind of plan… | 我们又没有什么计划 |
[35:05] | I don’t want to risk it. | 我不想冒这个险 |
[35:07] | So… | 那么 |
[35:08] | let’s make a plan. | 我们来制定个计划吧 |
[35:11] | I will finish out my semester here | 我在这里完成这个学期的学业 |
[35:14] | and then I’ll jo… I’ll join you in Oxford | 然后夏天我就会 |
[35:17] | for the summer. | 去牛津找你 |
[35:19] | We can, we can live in a… | 我们可以住在 |
[35:22] | …charming little cottage and… | 一个迷人的小屋里 |
[35:25] | go punting… | 去划方头平底船 |
[35:26] | Probably more like a sad little flat. | 可能是一个可怜的小公寓 |
[35:28] | But I do know how to punt. | 但是我会划方头平底船 |
[35:29] | Well, I didn’t actually know that was a real thing, | 我不知道还真有这种船 |
[35:30] | it just sounded good, so… | 我只是觉得听起来不错 |
[35:32] | And after our idyllic summer? | 那我们田园诗式的夏天过去之后呢 |
[35:36] | We… we figure it out. Together. | 我们到时候再一起研究 |
[35:41] | I like the together bit. | 我喜欢一起的部分 |
[35:44] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[35:51] | Babe? | 亲爱的 |
[35:52] | Text from Stevie. | 斯蒂芬的短信 |
[35:54] | “Wedding off, engagement on, explain later.” | 婚礼取消 订婚不变 稍后解释 |
[35:57] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[36:00] | “P.S. Summer in Oxford.” | 附注 去牛津过暑假 |
[36:04] | Sounds expensive. | 听起来代价不菲 |
[36:07] | Still, nice save, Professor. | 但是你挽救得挺成功的 教授 |
[36:09] | Well, believe me, she was ready for the intervention. | 相信我 她早就做好了被劝诫的准备 |
[36:14] | I need to tell you something. | 我要告诉你一些事情 |
[36:17] | Couple of things, actually. | 两件事情 |
[36:19] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[36:23] | There’s a chance Dmitri’s still alive. | 迪米特里有可能还活着 |
[36:26] | What? | 什么 |
[36:27] | How? | 怎么可能 |
[36:29] | I’m told the Russians preserved him | 我听说俄罗斯把他留着 |
[36:30] | in the event of a chance for a prisoner exchange, | 为了以后可能发生的换囚 |
[36:33] | and now that chance is here. | 现在这个可能发生了 |
[36:36] | Avdonin wants to swap him for Peter Buckley. | 阿夫多宁想用彼得·巴克利和他交换 |
[36:40] | Took some convincing, | 我游说了很久 |
[36:41] | but Conrad’s agreed to the trade. | 康拉德最终同意了这个交易 |
[36:44] | He’s alive. | 他还活着 |
[36:45] | The whole thing could be a ploy. | 这整件事有可能是个计谋 |
[36:47] | I mean, all accessible proof, | 所有现有的证据 |
[36:49] | everything except Avdonin’s word, | 除了阿夫多宁说的话 |
[36:51] | speaks to the contrary, | 都指向相反的方向 |
[36:53] | and the Russians could just be playing us to get Buckley. | 俄罗斯人可能是为了得到巴克利而玩弄我们 |
[36:57] | We wouldn’t know for certain until the actual exchange. | 直到真正换囚之前我们都无法确定 |
[37:00] | When is it? | 什么时候 |
[37:04] | Tomorrow night. | 明天晚上 |
[37:05] | Where? | 在哪 |
[37:06] | Vartius, Finland. | 芬兰的瓦留斯 |
[37:08] | Border checkpoint with Russia. | 与俄罗斯交界边境上的检查站 |
[37:13] | We need someone there | 我们需要有人 |
[37:14] | who can identify him. | 能指认出他 |
[37:16] | It has to be me. | 只能是我 |
[37:17] | Do you really want to put yourself through that? | 你真的愿意承受这一切吗 |
[37:19] | If it isn’t real, what’s that gonna do to you? | 如果是假的 那你会怎么样 |
[37:22] | Y-you have to consider that, Henry. | 你得考虑这个 亨利 |
[37:25] | In your best ex-CIA estimation, | 以你以前在中情局的经验 |
[37:28] | what are the odds he’s alive? | 他或者的可能性有多大 |
[37:32] | Forty-five percent. | 百分之四十五 |
[37:34] | I have to go. | 我必须去 |
[37:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:44] | Then we need to pack. | 那我们要收拾行李了 |
[37:48] | What was the other thing? | 另外那件事怎么样了 |
[37:52] | Conrad asked me to be his Vice President. | 康拉德想让我当他的副总统 |
[37:55] | Oh… what? | 什么 |
[37:57] | Yeah, big day. | 对 今天是个大日子 |
[38:00] | Uh, good morning. | 早上好 |
[38:01] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[38:02] | I’d like to, uh… | 我想说 |
[38:06] | uh, begin by stating the obvious. | 提前声明 很显然 |
[38:11] | I am not Elizabeth McCord. | 我不是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[38:18] | I’m her speechwriter. | 我是她的演讲撰稿人 |
[38:20] | 恭喜毕业 麻省大学皮茨菲尔德分校 | |
[38:21] | Believe me, uh, no one is more disappointed that | 相信我 是我给国务卿写的演讲稿 |
[38:24] | the secretary won’t be giving the address | 她不能做这个演讲 |
[38:26] | that I wrote for her. | 我比任何人都失望 |
[38:28] | You know, now that I know | 既然现在这个演讲稿 |
[38:29] | that it’ll never see the light of day, | 永远都不会重见天日了 |
[38:32] | I think it’s safe to say that | 我想我可以放心地说 |
[38:33] | it was the greatest speech ever written. | 这是史上最好的演讲稿 |
[38:38] | I mean, honestly, uh, | 说实话 |
[38:39] | this is probably the first moment in my adult life | 这可能是我成年以后 |
[38:43] | that I’ve stood in the spotlight. | 第一次站在聚光灯下 |
[38:47] | Truth be told, it’s probably gonna be the last. | 而也很可能会是最后一次 |
[38:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:54] | Because I’m one of those people who works in the dark. | 因为我的工作就是在幕后 |
[38:59] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你们在想什么 |
[39:00] | As soon as my Etsy page is discovered, uh, | 一旦我的个人店铺网页被发现 |
[39:03] | I’ll invent my own job title on Buzzfeed and livestream | 我会在《嗡嗡喂》上给自己发明一个工作头衔 |
[39:07] | my Christopher Walken impression as I hoverboard | 然后直播我模仿克里斯托弗·沃肯 |
[39:09] | to the Soylent dispenser in the playroom… | 用滑板滑向游戏室里的自动售货机 |
[39:13] | …and I don’t blame you. | 我不会怪你们 |
[39:15] | In this world of relentless self-promotion, | 在这个充满了自我推销的世界 |
[39:20] | we’ve all been raised to think that the limelight | 我们从小就被教育 |
[39:23] | is the only light worth seeking. | 聚光灯是唯一值得追求的光 |
[39:28] | But that isn’t the case. | 但事实并不是这样 |
[39:33] | And if I can impart one thing today, | 如果我今天能传授给你们一个道理 |
[39:36] | a small, simple truth to carry with you | 一个小小的简单的真理 |
[39:40] | as you walk through those gates, it’s this: | 让你们走出校门时能记住 是以下这句话 |
[39:46] | Achievement is often anonymous. | 真正的成就常常是无名的 |
[39:53] | Some of the greatest things | 有一些伟大的事情 |
[39:54] | have been done by people you have never heard of… | 都是由你们从没听说过的人完成的 |
[40:00] | …quietly dedicating their lives to improving your own. | 他们默默地用自己的生命改善你们的生活 |
[41:22] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[41:23] | That’s a positive identification, sir? | 这是肯定指认吗 先生 |
[41:24] | Yes, it’s him. | 对 是他 |