时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:58] | This morning’s bombing in Rome | 今天早晨发生在罗马的爆炸 |
[01:00] | is more than just a brutal attack | 不仅仅是对世界上 |
[01:02] | on one of the most beautiful cities in the world. | 最美丽的城市之一的一次残忍袭击 |
[01:05] | This is a threat which will be answered. | 我们对这种威胁一定要有所回应 |
[01:06] | Governor, Governor, you’ve said that as president, | 州长 州长 你说过如果当选总统 |
[01:09] | you would increase surveillance of Muslim Americans… | 会加大对美国穆斯林人的监控 |
[01:12] | First of all, no group has claimed responsibility yet | 首先 还没有任何组织宣称对这起 |
[01:14] | for the bombing at Stazione Triumfale in Rome. | 发生在罗马凯旋车站的爆炸案负责 |
[01:17] | And I would never suggest infringing on the rights | 而且我永远不会建议侵犯 |
[01:20] | – of America citizens, ever. – Yeah? | -任何美国公民的权利 -是吗 |
[01:22] | He doesn’t suggest it. | 他是没有建议过 |
[01:23] | He wants to legislate it. | 他是想通过立法来实施 |
[01:26] | But if an attack does occur… | 但是 如果袭击发生在 |
[01:27] | Nice suit, though. | 西装倒是不错 |
[01:29] | His staff’s definitely working overtime. | 他的手下一定在加班加点 |
[01:31] | They’ve pulled him off the campaign trail | 他们让他暂时停止竞选 |
[01:33] | so he can keep running around | 好让他到处去炫耀 |
[01:34] | showing off his new global concern. | 他对全世界的关心 |
[01:38] | No mention of the bombing in Angola, I notice. | 我注意到他没提发生在安哥拉的爆炸案 |
[01:41] | Twice as many dead as in Rome. | 死亡人数是罗马爆炸的两倍 |
[01:44] | But if the press doesn’t mention it, | 可是如果媒体不提 |
[01:45] | why should he? | 他有什么必要提呢 |
[01:49] | Of course, this means that I have | 这也就意味着 |
[01:51] | to pull Conrad off the trail, too. | 我也得让康拉德暂停竞选 |
[01:54] | Right after that China speech last week got us | 上周针对中国的全国讲话 |
[01:56] | a two point bump in the polls. | 让我们的民调降了两个百分点 |
[01:59] | But we still have an election | 可我们还是得竞选 |
[02:00] | to pull out of thin air. | 虽然希望不大 |
[02:01] | I thought it was… | 我之前以为 |
[02:03] | less than a total long shot, which… | 还是有一些机会 |
[02:07] | I took to be boundless optimism coming from you. | 我看你相当乐观 |
[02:10] | New York Times is about to endorse us, | 《纽约时报》会支持我们 |
[02:13] | which should reassure the centrists. | 这样能够稳定住中立派 |
[02:16] | And we are making progress getting those Sore Loser Laws | 在”输不起法”方面我们也有所进展 |
[02:19] | changed to get him on the ballot in the states | 让他在初选中失败的州中 |
[02:21] | we missed in the primaries. | 有资格参选 |
[02:23] | I’m sensing an Eeyore footnote. | 我感觉还会有个”但是” |
[02:25] | Minnesota and Ohio | 明尼苏达州和俄亥俄州 |
[02:27] | are holdouts. | 不让步 |
[02:28] | If we don’t get Dalton on the ballot in those two, | 如果我们不能让道尔顿在这两个州参选 |
[02:30] | we have no hope of keeping Evans or Reynolds | 我们就不可能阻止埃文斯或雷诺兹 |
[02:33] | from getting to 270, at which point, | 得到270票 这样的话 |
[02:35] | it’s game over. | 我们就输了 |
[02:37] | We’ve got the team on Minnesota, | 我们有个小队负责明尼苏达州 |
[02:39] | but I need your help. | 但我还需要你的帮忙 |
[02:41] | – I can’t campaign, you know… – With Ohio, it’s… | -我不能参加竞选活动 -俄亥俄州 |
[02:42] | – I can’t campaign! – It’s not campaigning! | -我不能参加竞选活动 -这不是竞选活动 |
[02:44] | We-we just need somebody high profile | 我们只是需要一个大人物 |
[02:47] | to take Dalton’s place in an NFL pre-game interview. | 来代替道尔顿接受橄榄球赛前采访 |
[02:50] | Slip in something about getting on the ballot, | 不经意说一下要参选的事 |
[02:53] | and go have dinner with some state senators. | 然后跟几位州参议员吃个晚饭 |
[02:55] | How is wining and dining state senators | 跟州参议员喝酒吃饭怎么能不算 |
[02:58] | – not campaigning? – Because I have a room full of lawyers, | -竞选活动呢 -因为我有一整个律师团 |
[03:01] | telling me that isn’t! | 他们都说那不算 |
[03:03] | We are in this ridiculous situation ’cause of your idea | 我们处于现在这种荒谬情况都是因为你的主意 |
[03:07] | to turn our backs on the party | 抛弃党 |
[03:08] | and do an independent run. | 独立参选 |
[03:23] | Be right back. | 稍等一下 |
[03:24] | Assistant Secretary Thompson, I am so sorry | 汤普森助理国务卿 很抱歉 |
[03:27] | I didn’t reach you before you came all the way up here. | 您大老远跑来 我之前没能联系上您 |
[03:29] | The attack in Rome has completely hijacked her schedule… | 罗马的袭击案劫持了她的日程表 |
[03:33] | That was an unfortunate verb choice. | 用这个动词太不合适了 |
[03:35] | She’s not in? | 她不在 |
[03:35] | Emergency conference at the White House. | 在白宫参加紧急会议 |
[03:38] | Uh, but I will give that | 不过她一回来 |
[03:39] | to her as soon as she returns. Excuse me. | 我就会把这个转交给她 不好意思 |
[03:42] | Hi, Louise, what are we cancelling? | 路易丝 要取消什么 |
[03:44] | Yeah, that should be fine, um… | 是的 可以的 |
[03:47] | Uh… Yes. | 是的 |
[03:52] | I’ll have to double-check that. | 我会再核对一遍的 |
[03:56] | Death toll now at 42, | 自杀式爆炸案 |
[03:58] | with more injured in a suicide bombing… | 目前死亡人数42人 还有更多的人受伤 |
[04:01] | Hizb al-Shahid just took credit for the bombing in Rome. | 沙希德刚刚宣布罗马的爆炸案是他们干的 |
[04:03] | I heard. Do we believe it? | 我听说了 能信吗 |
[04:06] | Well, the sources seem credible. | 消息来源挺可靠的 |
[04:07] | So, now they’re moving from Algeria into Europe. | 也就是说他们从阿尔及利亚转移到了欧洲 |
[04:11] | DEA came through with some intel | 缉毒局截获了一些 |
[04:12] | on sales of antiquities from North Africa. | 买卖北非文物的情报 |
[04:14] | See if any of these look like they were looted | 看看这里面有没有像是在沙希德炸毁 |
[04:16] | from St. Gabriel’s Monastery | 圣加百利修道院之前 |
[04:17] | before HS blew it up. | 劫走的东西 |
[04:19] | Stones from the tomb of the Christian woman in Tipaza. | 提帕萨基督教女人坟墓上的石头 |
[04:21] | Not too far from the monastery. | 那里离修道院不远 |
[04:23] | Stones, though; very hard to prove authenticity. | 石头 很难辨别真伪 |
[04:26] | What’s this one? | 这是什么 |
[04:27] | “Reliquary of St. Augustine from the Basilica in Annaba”” | “阿纳巴教堂里圣奥古斯丁的圣骨匣” |
[04:30] | Looks like St. Augustine has the same taste | 看来圣奥古斯丁跟科西嘉毒贩 |
[04:32] | as a Corsican drug lord. | 有同样的品味 |
[04:33] | Trust me, | 相信我 |
[04:34] | this is not St. Augustine style. | 这不是圣奥古斯丁的风格 |
[04:36] | This is the Colonial French feeling guilty. | 这是当年法国殖民者因为愧疚而做的 |
[04:39] | See, when France took over Algeria, | 当时法国占领阿尔及利亚后 |
[04:40] | they felt bad because none of Augustine’s remains were | 他们很难过因为圣奥古斯丁的所有遗骸 |
[04:42] | in Annaba, his hometown, | 都不在他的家乡 阿纳巴 |
[04:43] | so they made this reliquary | 所以他们制造了这个圣骨匣 |
[04:45] | to return his arm bone to the basilica. | 把他的臂骨送到了基督教堂 |
[04:47] | Where’s Annaba? | 阿纳巴在哪 |
[04:49] | Northeastern Algeria. | 阿尔及利亚的东北部 |
[04:52] | Part of the ancient city of Hippo Regius. | 希波古城的一部分 |
[04:54] | Maybe HS sacked that place, too? | 可能沙希德也洗劫了那个地方 |
[04:57] | There’s plenty there worth looting. | 那里有很多值得抢掠的东西 |
[04:59] | But I didn’t think they’d gotten that far north. | 但是我觉得他们不会到达那么靠北的地方 |
[05:01] | Just like we didn’t think they were in Rome. | 就像我们不认为他们在罗马一样 |
[05:04] | Let’s check with DEA. | 跟缉毒局核实一下 |
[05:06] | See if we can trace this back to the seller. | 看看能不能追查到卖家 |
[05:08] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[05:10] | I’m sorry to disrupt your schedule, Madam Secretary. | 很抱歉改变了您的日程 国务卿女士 |
[05:12] | N-No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[05:13] | I’m-I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 我应该道歉让你等了这么久 |
[05:15] | The, uh… uh, fallout from Rome | 发生在罗马的爆炸 |
[05:18] | has been getting all the attention. | 大家都在关注这件事 |
[05:20] | – You know how that goes. – Oh, I do. | -你知道的 -是的 |
[05:23] | So… | 那个 |
[05:25] | the bombing in Luanda, that was a travesty. | 罗安达的爆炸案 是模仿作案 |
[05:28] | How’s Kalanga? | 卡兰加怎么样了 |
[05:31] | She’s injured, but alive, thank God. | 受伤了 谢天谢地 她还活着 |
[05:33] | A separatist group is taking credit. | 一个分裂组织宣称负责 |
[05:35] | I-I’m really sorry that I haven’t been able to respond, | 我真的很抱歉没能作出回应 |
[05:38] | but I’ll issue a statement condemning the… | 不过我会发表一份声明 |
[05:42] | the group’s actions in the… strongest terms. | 用最强烈的语言谴责这个组织的行为 |
[05:46] | With all respect, Madam Secretary, the situation | 恕我直言 国务卿女士 安哥拉的情形 |
[05:49] | in Angola has gone well beyond a statement of condemnation. | 已经不能用谴责声明来解决了 |
[05:52] | Which is why I’m here. | 这就是我来的原因 |
[05:57] | A memo of dissent? | 异议备忘录 |
[05:58] | Signed by your entire African Affairs Bureau. | 所有非洲事务局的人都签字了 |
[06:01] | Specifically objecting to our policies in Angola. | 反对我们在安哥拉的政策 |
[06:05] | For 30 years, President Bestilo has enjoyed | 三十年来 贝斯特罗总统享受了 |
[06:07] | generous trade agreements with the United States, | 美国给予的慷慨的贸易协定 |
[06:10] | a wealth of subsidies, | 大量补贴 |
[06:11] | and a blind eye to his increasing | 以及对他日益严重的腐败 |
[06:13] | corruption and cronyism. | 和任人唯亲行为视而不见 |
[06:14] | Are you suggesting that President Bestilo was behind the attack? | 你是说这次袭击是贝斯特罗总统策划的吗 |
[06:18] | I’m saying that this administration’s | 我是说这届政府对于 |
[06:19] | deafening silence after an attack | 死亡人数是 |
[06:21] | that killed twice as many people as that bombing in Rome… | 罗马爆炸案两倍的袭击毫无反应 |
[06:24] | it’s just the latest example | 这是我们一贯漠视的 |
[06:26] | of ongoing indifference. | 最新例证 |
[06:27] | So, dissent memo? | 所以就搞了个异议备忘录 |
[06:29] | Bestilo put a ban on all public assembly this morning, | 贝斯特罗今天早晨发布了对公众聚会的禁令 |
[06:31] | supposedly to protect the people. | 打着保护群众的幌子 |
[06:33] | But it is obvious he’s using this bombing as a cover | 但很显然他是在利用这次爆炸案 |
[06:36] | to silence his opponent. | 让他的竞争对手无法发声 |
[06:38] | The people want Kalanga and he knows it. | 人们想要选卡兰加 他知道的 |
[06:41] | He’s stealing this election. | 他是在破坏选举 |
[06:42] | I can’t ask my staff to stand by silently | 如果政府无所作为的话 |
[06:44] | while the administration does nothing. | 我不能让我的人保持沉默 |
[06:46] | I will do everything in my power | 我会尽我最大的能力 |
[06:49] | – to make our deep displeasure known. – No. | -来表达我们深深的不满 不行 |
[06:53] | Not another “Urge, | 别再打电话说什么”强烈要求 |
[06:54] | encourage, concern” phone call. | 鼓励 关心”之类的话了 |
[06:56] | This needs action, Elizabeth. | 这次需要实际行动 伊丽莎白 |
[06:59] | If Bestilo is allowed to snuff out | 如果贝斯特罗可以 |
[07:00] | a once-in-a-generation candidate, | 除掉一位难得一遇的候选人 |
[07:03] | and the rest of the world shrugs | 全世界却耸肩摊手 |
[07:04] | ’cause nobody went to Luanda on a honeymoon, | 因为没人去罗安达度蜜月 |
[07:07] | that’s an African story I’m tired of telling. | 我已经不想再讲这种非洲故事了 |
[07:12] | We’ve got some changes to note in the secretary’s schedule. | 国务卿的日程表有几处改动我们需要注意 |
[07:16] | Uh, the Emissions and Deforestation Conference | 排放和森林砍伐会议 |
[07:19] | will be postponed. | 将会被推迟 |
[07:20] | Thank you. And we’ve added the NFL Diplomacy Initiative | 谢谢 然后会加上在克利夫兰的 |
[07:24] | in Cleveland, ma’am. | 橄榄球联盟外交倡议活动 国务卿 |
[07:29] | Yeah, the President is stepping off | 是的 总统会暂时 |
[07:31] | the campaign trail. | 停止竞选活动 |
[07:32] | I’m just gonna fill in. | 我临时介入一下 |
[07:34] | As in, campaigning? | 参加竞选活动吗 |
[07:35] | No, no. It-it’s just a little… | 不不 只是一个 |
[07:38] | pre-game interview about… | 赛前的采访 有关 |
[07:40] | football and diplomacy. | 橄榄球和外交方面的 |
[07:43] | Yeah. Well, Russell Jackson insists it’s legal. | 反正拉塞尔·杰克逊坚持说这是合法的 |
[07:46] | Hey, wait. Who’s doing the interview? | 等等 采访者是谁 |
[07:48] | James Brown. | 詹姆斯·布朗 |
[07:50] | – I thought he was dead. – No. | -他不是死了吗 -没有 |
[07:51] | That would be, | 那个是 |
[07:52] | fellow diplomat and ambassador of soul, James Brown. | 外交家和灵魂乐大使 詹姆斯·布朗 |
[07:56] | This would be | 这个是 |
[07:58] | CBS Sportscaster James Brown. J.B.! | 哥伦比亚广播公司的广播员詹姆斯·布朗 |
[08:01] | And what exactly is it that Russell Jackson would like you to say? | 拉塞尔·杰克逊想让你说点什么 |
[08:05] | Legally. | 合法地 |
[08:06] | Uh… I think the non-campaigning version | 我觉得非竞选活动的版本是 |
[08:09] | of “Please put President Dalton | “请把道尔顿总统的名字 |
[08:12] | on the ballot in Ohio.” | 印在俄亥俄州的选票上” |
[08:14] | Hey! What about this? | 听我说一下 |
[08:15] | Um, Dalton’s not on the ballot | 道尔顿不能作为候选人 |
[08:18] | because of the Sore Loser Law, right? | 是因为”输不起法” 对吧 |
[08:20] | Just recently, | 就在最近 |
[08:21] | the NFL changed the extra point rule… | 橄榄球联盟修改了附加分规则 |
[08:23] | Yeah, too many kickers were making it, | 是的 有太多球员能拿到附加分 |
[08:25] | so they moved it back to the 15 yard line. | 所以他们移到了15码线上 |
[08:26] | Right, and just as the NFL can change the rules, | 没错 既然橄榄球联盟可以修改规则 |
[08:29] | to make the game fair and competitive… | 从而使比赛更加公平和有竞争性 |
[08:31] | So Ohio can reexamine its policy | 所以俄亥俄州也可以在这次 |
[08:33] | in this historically unprecedented | 史无前例的第三方竞选中重新审定 |
[08:35] | third party run. | 他们的政策 |
[08:36] | – Yes! – Oh, that’s good. | -真机智 -太好了 |
[08:37] | Oh, I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[08:38] | I like that… mm… G-give more of those. | 我喜欢 多给我想点 |
[08:40] | Okay, moving on. | 好了 继续 |
[08:41] | Yes, sorry. | 是的 不好意思 |
[08:43] | We need to talk about the bombing in Angola. | 我们应该谈一下安哥拉的爆炸案 |
[08:45] | It’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[08:47] | Kalanga survive? | 卡兰加还活着吗 |
[08:49] | Yeah, with injuries. | 是的 受伤了 |
[08:50] | 83 others were not as lucky. | 另外83个人可就没这么幸运了 |
[08:52] | But President Bestilo is using the attack | 但贝斯特罗总统利用这一袭击 |
[08:57] | to suppress his opponent, | 来镇压反对者 |
[08:58] | and this morning, i received a dissent memo | 今天早上 我收到来自非洲事务局的 |
[09:01] | from the Bureau of African Affairs, | 异议备忘录 |
[09:04] | urging a stronger response. | 敦促我们做出更强烈的反应 |
[09:06] | Um, can I see it? | 我能看看吗 |
[09:07] | It’s an understandable | 我们与一个日益腐败的政权合作 |
[09:09] | frustration at our ongoing cooperation | 他们对此感到不满 |
[09:12] | with an increasingly corrupt regime. | 这无可厚非 |
[09:15] | What I need… are some possible sanctions I can threaten | 我需要的是可行的制裁措施 |
[09:21] | to get President Bestilo to toe the line. | 威慑贝斯特罗总统让他不敢再越界 |
[09:23] | – Cut off aide? – Or agricultural imports. | -终止援助 -停止对其出口农产品 |
[09:26] | I mean, they get a ton of poultry and grain from us. | 他们很依赖从我们这进口的禽类和谷物 |
[09:28] | Not sure how American farmers are gonna feel about that. | 想想美国农民会有什么反应 |
[09:30] | Not as bad as the Angolans | 如果切断安哥拉的粮食供给 |
[09:32] | if we cut off their food supply. | 肯定是他们更惨 |
[09:33] | – We’ll draw up some talking points. – Thank you. | -我们会列出一些要点来 -谢谢 |
[09:39] | Louise said I could catch you. | 路易丝说我能追上你 |
[09:40] | Um, could we just slow this down to a jog, please? | 能别走这么快吗 |
[09:43] | We need to talk about Angola. | 我们需要谈谈安哥拉 |
[09:44] | Why? | 谈什么 |
[09:46] | The bomb there yesterday. | 昨天的炸弹袭击 |
[09:47] | I don’t know if you heard, | 不知你有没有得到消息 |
[09:48] | more dead than in Rome. | 死亡人数比罗马还多 |
[09:49] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[09:50] | Could you do me a favor, | 能不能拜托你听我说 |
[09:52] | and just pretend to listen to me? | 哪怕装装样子也好 |
[09:55] | Because I just got a dissent memo | 我刚刚收到非洲事务局的 |
[09:57] | from my entire African Affairs Bureau, | 异议备忘录 |
[10:00] | convinced that this administration | 他们认为 |
[10:02] | doesn’t know or care | 安哥拉的总统选举 |
[10:03] | that Angola’s presidential election is being stolen | 在光天化日之下被人动了手脚 |
[10:06] | in broad daylight. | 而本届政府既不知情也不关心 |
[10:07] | I’m a little preoccupied | 我现在忙着关心 |
[10:08] | with another election at the moment. | 另一场选举 |
[10:10] | Why are we still talking about this? | 你跟我说这事干什么 |
[10:11] | Because I want to remind President Bestilo | 因为我想提醒贝斯特罗总统 |
[10:14] | that he is running a democracy. | 他所管理的是一个民主国家 |
[10:16] | So, I would like to threaten | 我想以切断我们对其的 |
[10:18] | to cut our agricultural exports | 农产品出口作为威慑 |
[10:20] | and I just want to make sure | 我需要确保 |
[10:22] | that I’m not lighting anybody’s hair on fire. | 这么做不会触怒任何人 |
[10:24] | Do whatever you need to do. | 随你怎么办都行 |
[10:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:27] | Wait, what?! | 等等 你说什么 |
[10:28] | You can’t do that! | 不能这么做 |
[10:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:32] | Were you not listening this morning? | 你没听到我今天早上跟你说什么了吗 |
[10:34] | We have two major agricultural states– Ohio, Minnesota | 俄亥俄和明尼苏达这两个农业大州 |
[10:37] | — where we’re fighting for our lives. | 是决定我们命运的关键 |
[10:39] | Y-y-you expect me to tell them | 你要让我告诉他们 |
[10:41] | t-t-that we’re just cutting off | 我们将禁止他们 |
[10:42] | their, what, fifth biggest importer | 向全世界第五大禽类进口国 |
[10:45] | of poultry in the world? | 出口吗 |
[10:45] | I knew you listen to me! | 我就知道你在听我说 |
[10:48] | Give me a week to get this resolved. | 给我一周时间处理这事 |
[10:50] | Then you can turn all the screws you want. | 到时候你想怎么施压都行 |
[10:52] | I don’t have a week. | 没有一周的时间了 |
[10:53] | The election is in four days. | 选举在四天后进行 |
[10:55] | And if Bestilo wins another term, | 如果贝斯特罗连任 |
[10:58] | that’s one more African nation we lose | 就意味着又有一个非洲国家 |
[11:00] | to an autocratic leader. | 落入独裁统治者之手 |
[11:01] | Here’s a novel idea: stick to the Prime Directive. | 教你一招 遵守”最高指导原则” |
[11:04] | Let democracy take its course… | 交给民主去决定 |
[11:06] | without U.S. interference. | 美国不予干涉 |
[11:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:09] | A Star Trek reference? | 用《星际迷航》里的梗 |
[11:12] | I deeply appreciate your compassion, Madam Secretary, | 非常感谢您的慰问 国务卿女士 |
[11:17] | But Angola is strong. | 安哥拉很坚强 |
[11:19] | We will endure. | 我们不会被打倒 |
[11:20] | I’m sure you will, Mr. President. | 我对你们有信心 总统先生 |
[11:22] | However, I am concerned that | 但是 我担心 |
[11:26] | your ban on public gatherings | 您对公共集会的禁令 |
[11:28] | may interfere with the democratic process. | 可能会阻碍民主进程 |
[11:29] | It is for the safety of my people. | 这是为了人民的安全考虑 |
[11:30] | I refuse to make them a target again. | 我决不允许他们再次成为袭击的目标 |
[11:33] | Yes, but, Mr. President– | 没错 但是 总统先生 |
[11:35] | “Damiano,” please. | 叫我”达米亚诺”就可以了 |
[11:38] | I just want to remind you | 我想提醒您 |
[11:39] | that in order to continue our support of Angola, | 我们继续支持安哥拉的前提是 |
[11:42] | we need to know that you will support the will of the people. | 您得保证不违背人民的意愿 |
[11:46] | I find these conversations so inspiring. | 这次交流让我深受启发 |
[11:50] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢您 国务卿女士 |
[11:52] | Good luck with your own election. | 祝你们在大选中好运 |
[11:55] | It seems you’re going to need it. | 看来你们非常需要运气 |
[12:01] | Urge, encourage… and concern. | 敦促 鼓励 关切 |
[12:05] | Did I leave something out? | 我落下什么了吗 |
[12:07] | Mollify and assuage? | 安抚和缓和 |
[12:12] | Are you kidding me? Who wrote these talking points? | 你在开玩笑吗 这些要点谁写的 |
[12:15] | The Browns have got way bigger problems | 布朗队的问题可不仅仅是 |
[12:17] | than finding a go-to receiver on third down. | 在第三次触地时缺个外接手 |
[12:20] | Can I just say how adorable it is | 我能说我觉得很可爱吗 |
[12:22] | that this is the most opinionated | 这是你第一次 |
[12:24] | you’ve been about my job in, like, ever? | 对我的工作这么多意见 |
[12:28] | Well, it’s better than reading that FBI report. | 这比读联调局报告有意思多了 |
[12:31] | I mean, 58 pages to say | 整整五十八页就说了 |
[12:33] | they still can’t find whoever’s hacking our house | 他们还没有找到黑进这房子 |
[12:35] | and stalking our entire family? | 又跟踪我们全家的那个人 |
[12:37] | Yes, I know, I know. | 是啊 我懂 |
[12:39] | On the other hand, no new incidents. | 不过倒也没有再发生其他事件了 |
[12:42] | See? Staying positive, trusting the system. | 看吧 要保持乐观 相信体制 |
[12:45] | Well, you’re doing better than I am. | 这你做得比我好多了 |
[12:48] | You have a rough day? | 今天过得不顺利吗 |
[12:52] | I got a dissent memo on Angola. | 我收到了一份关于安哥拉的异议备忘录 |
[12:57] | Is that like when a student files an appeal | 就像学生因为对成绩不满意 |
[12:59] | ’cause they don’t like their grade? | 而提出申诉吗 |
[13:00] | It’s an anonymous communication channel | 这是一个匿名的通信渠道 |
[13:03] | to allow anyone at the State Department | 国务院的任何人都可以 |
[13:05] | to formally oppose foreign policy | 通过这一方式正式反对 |
[13:06] | they don’t agree with. | 他们所不赞同的外交政策 |
[13:08] | So… I got the bad grade. | 所以 我得了个差评 |
[13:12] | That attack in Luanda was rough. | 罗安达的袭击的确很严重 |
[13:15] | Okay, can you just tell me that | 好吧 你能不能跟我说 |
[13:17] | I do a great job at other things. | 我在其他方面做得很棒 |
[13:20] | I– Right now, I just need to hear… | 我现在只想听… |
[13:23] | Come on, come on. | 听我说 听我说 |
[13:24] | You are the very best student | 你是整个国务院 |
[13:27] | in the whole State Department. | 最出色的学生 |
[13:29] | And you know… | 你知道 |
[13:31] | what I give to my best students. | 我会给最棒的学生什么奖励 |
[13:34] | – Wait… – What? | -等等 -怎么了 |
[13:35] | Oh, God! | 天哪 |
[13:36] | Oh, no, no, no, no. No, no, no. | 别走别走 不是你想的那样 |
[13:37] | It’s not– It was getting weird anyway. | 反正怎样都很奇怪 |
[13:39] | I just wanted to tell you | 我只是想告诉你们 |
[13:41] | that Jareth is coming for a visit. | 杰瑞斯要到家里来 |
[13:42] | – Well, that’s great. – When does he get here? | -挺好的 -他什么时候来 |
[13:44] | Wednesday, actually. Kinda last-minute. | 周三 算是临时决定的 |
[13:46] | Well, I’ll say, but what a great surprise. | 的确是 不过这可是个大惊喜 |
[13:48] | Yeah, it’s… it’s okay if he stays here? | 是啊 他能在这过夜吗 |
[13:50] | – Yeah, of course. – Yes. Sure. | -当然可以 -完全没问题 |
[13:51] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢了 |
[13:53] | Yes! I’m so excited. | 好棒 我好激动 |
[13:54] | Sweetie, that’s great. So are we! | 亲爱的 我们也很高兴 |
[14:00] | It’s okay that he stays here, right? | 他在这过夜没问题的 是吧 |
[14:02] | Of course, I love that kid. | 当然 我很喜欢这小伙子 |
[14:03] | No, I mean, you know, | 不是 我是说 |
[14:04] | she’s got that tiny little twin bed | 就她那张单人床 |
[14:06] | with the girly bedspread. | 还有那么少女的床单 |
[14:08] | You think that’d be comfortable? | 你觉得他们能舒服吗 |
[14:09] | Well, I think they’ll get comfortable. | 我觉得他们没问题的 |
[14:12] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[14:13] | Well, I remember we got pretty comfortable with your… | 我记得我俩当初就挺爽的 你房间不也 |
[14:15] | Okay, but we didn’t have Will in the next room | 好吧 但那时威尔没在隔壁房间 |
[14:18] | with a very thin wall. | 墙壁也没有这么薄 |
[14:20] | – Oh, God, Jason. – Yeah. | -天哪 杰森 -是吧 |
[14:26] | Will you say something to her? | 你能跟她旁敲侧击一下吗 |
[14:27] | Yes. I do, I will, I’ll talk to her, yeah. | 好 我会去和她说的 |
[14:28] | Just to be quiet. | 动静别太大 |
[14:31] | Yes, Daisy, what’s up? | 黛西 什么事 |
[14:32] | Ma’am, I just got a heads up from a guy at the Post. | 国务卿 《每日邮报》有人给我消息 |
[14:35] | They have a copy of the dissent memo, | 他们拿到了一份异议备忘录的复件 |
[14:36] | and they’re about to run it. | 马上就要刊登出来了 |
[14:38] | Well, that’s a disaster. | 这下糟了 |
[14:40] | Did he… | 他有没有 |
[14:42] | Did he say how he got it? | 他有没有说他是怎么得到这文件的 |
[14:43] | I couldn’t get it out of him, | 他不肯透露 |
[14:44] | and it’s too late to kill it– I tried. | 现在想要封杀消息也太晚了 我试过了 |
[14:47] | Okay, well, I want to know who leaked it, | 我要知道是谁泄露出去的 |
[14:49] | so you do whatever you have to, okay? | 尽你所能去查 行吗 |
[14:51] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[14:51] | And, listen, for what it’s worth, | 不管怎样 |
[14:53] | the news cycle is still on the attack in Rome. | 媒体的注意力还都在罗马的袭击事件上 |
[14:55] | We might be okay. | 情况可能没那么糟 |
[14:57] | Thanks, Daisy. | 谢谢 黛西 |
[14:58] | What the hell is this about a dissent memo? | 异议备忘录是怎么回事 |
[15:16] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[15:17] | when are we going to see NFL football in, say, France? | 什么时候能在外国看到橄榄球比赛 比如法国 |
[15:21] | Well, that… that’s a… that’s a tricky question. | 这个 这个问题可不好回答 |
[15:26] | I think, every country loves its game | 每个国家都有他们热爱的运动 |
[15:29] | just as much as we love ours. | 就像我们热爱我们的运动一样 |
[15:31] | And change is hard. | 想要改变是很难的 |
[15:33] | 1906, football fans were scandalized | 1906年 向前传球的出现 |
[15:37] | by the invention of the forward pass, | 让橄榄球迷们非常震惊 |
[15:39] | and now it’s a definitive signature of the game. | 现在这已经是橄榄球的标志性动作 |
[15:41] | So rules do need to evolve. | 所以规则也需要发展 |
[15:43] | Now, President Dalton is looking to make | 道尔顿总统在即将到来的选举中 |
[15:45] | a few changes in the upcoming election, too, isn’t that right? | 也将寻求一些改变 是吗 |
[15:48] | Well, I’m… I’m happy that you brought that up. | 我很高兴你提起这事 |
[15:52] | Because as much as President Dalton is supported | 尽管道尔顿总统深受 |
[15:54] | and trusted by the American people, | 美国人民爱戴和信任 |
[15:57] | certain rules will need to evolve to accommodate | 有些规则的确需要改变 |
[15:59] | this historic third-party run. | 来适应这次史无前例的第三方参选 |
[16:02] | Well, with that being said, | 话虽这么说 |
[16:03] | we’re gonna take a little break, but, | 让我们先稍事休息 |
[16:05] | Secretary McCord, thank you again | 国务卿麦考德 再次感谢您 |
[16:07] | – for taking the time. – It’s my pleasure. | -百忙之中来参加我们的节目 -不客气 |
[16:09] | Go, Browns! | 布朗队 加油 |
[16:13] | Is that Russell Jackson? | 是拉塞尔·杰克逊吗 |
[16:14] | Julius! Well, look at us. | 朱利尔斯 瞧瞧我们 |
[16:18] | Even without the support of our key donor, | 就算没了最大的赞助人 |
[16:20] | we somehow manage to stay in the game. | 我们也没有被踢出局 |
[16:22] | I love it when he stays in sales mode. | 我就喜欢听他用这广告腔说话 |
[16:26] | Madam Secretary, I wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine. | 国务卿女士 我向您介绍一位朋友 |
[16:28] | Secretary McCord, | 麦考德国务卿 |
[16:29] | Scott Goodman, KronicDM. | 斯科特·古德曼 克罗尼克信息公司 |
[16:31] | Oh, my son loves your massaging app. | 我儿子很喜欢你们的消息应用 |
[16:35] | He thinks I don’t know what the name means. | 他以为我不知道这名字是什么意思 |
[16:37] | Oh, mom’s hip. | 老妈的’墩布’ |
[16:39] | Well, I’m glad he’s hooked in. | 很高兴这名字吸引了他 |
[16:41] | I was wondering, could I grab a minute? | 能借一步说话吗 |
[16:44] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[16:46] | How’s it going with Sam Evans? | 山姆·埃文斯那情况如何 |
[16:48] | You ready to admit you backed the wrong horse? | 打不打算承认押错宝了 |
[16:51] | Let’s just say I haven’t placed any bets yet. | 不如这么说 我还没下注呢 |
[16:55] | I saw that story about your staff | 我看到那篇关于您的幕僚 |
[16:57] | throwing a flag on the play in Africa. | 对非洲事件的异议的报道了 |
[16:59] | Ah, the dissent memo, yes. | 异议备忘录 是的 |
[17:01] | Yeah, I gotta tell you, from a tech point of view, | 我得跟你说 从技术上来说 |
[17:04] | we’re pretty frustrated, too. | 我们也很挫败 |
[17:05] | We’re trying to get KronicDM going in Southern Africa, | 我们试图让应用打入非洲南部 |
[17:08] | but these countries are killing us with these OTT taxes. | 但这些国家的OTT税让我们很难办 |
[17:12] | A fee to use their telecom services, right? | 使用他们通信服务的费用 是吗 |
[17:14] | – Over-the-top tax? – Yes, even the name– | -通信服务税 -是的 就连名字都是 |
[17:16] | “Over-the-top”. | “高之又高” |
[17:17] | Most Africans aren’t online. | 大多非洲人都不上网 |
[17:19] | They just… they have phones. | 他们有手机 |
[17:20] | So we’re how they’re staying connected, | 所以我们是他们保持联系的渠道 |
[17:21] | but these state-owned telecom services | 但这些国有通信服务商 |
[17:25] | are strangling us with these fees. | 用这些费用在扼杀我们 |
[17:27] | To be fair, | 公平地说 |
[17:29] | your app is using their services, right? | 你的应用使用了他们的服务 对吗 |
[17:33] | So shouldn’t they ask you to help pay for it? | 他们难道不该向你收费吗 |
[17:35] | Come on, Secretary. | 拜托 国务卿 |
[17:37] | I mean, they could privatize telecom, | 他们可以使通信服务私有化 |
[17:39] | and the whole economy would benefit. | 整个经济都会受益 |
[17:40] | But then they wouldn’t be able to | 但这样他们就不能 |
[17:41] | monitor everything that their citizens are saying, | 监控国民的一言一行 |
[17:44] | or turn it off whenever they want to. | 或者随时关闭通信服务 |
[17:45] | I mean, state-owned telecom, | 我的意思是国有通信 |
[17:47] | it’s bad for democracy, and it’s bad for business. | 既不利于民主 也不利于市场 |
[17:49] | I understand your frustration, | 我理解你的挫败 |
[17:52] | but the thing about emerging economies, Scott, | 但斯科特 新兴经济的意义就在于 |
[17:55] | is that they have to be allowed to do just that… emerge. | 新兴的经济必须被允许出现 |
[17:59] | It’s… it’s a process. | 这需要一个过程 |
[18:00] | If I wanted to, | 如果我想 |
[18:02] | right now, I could cut a deal with one country and | 现在我就能和一个国家达成交易 |
[18:04] | piggyback one network | 利用他们的网络 |
[18:05] | across most of Southern Africa for free, | 为非洲南部大部分地区免费建立网络 |
[18:08] | the way it should be. | 本该如此 |
[18:09] | But I’m not doing that ’cause I’m hoping my elected officials | 但我没那么做 因为我希望我选举出来的官员 |
[18:11] | – are gonna do their job… – Appointed. | -能尽职尽责 -我是被任命的 |
[18:12] | I’m afraid that’s all the time the secretary has. | 恐怕国务卿该出发了 |
[18:14] | Oh, gosh, Scott, too bad. | 天啊 斯科特 太遗憾了 |
[18:15] | Thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[18:20] | I haven’t been mansplained that hard | 自克里格·斯特林执政以来 |
[18:23] | since Craig Sterling was in office. | 我就没那么被男人说教过 |
[18:25] | Good job on the interview. | 采访做得不错 |
[18:26] | Too bad it won’t save us. | 可惜还是救不了我们 |
[18:28] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[18:29] | We just got word the Times is holding back on the endorsement. | 我们刚收到消息 《纽约时报》暂缓支持 |
[18:32] | They want to let this dissent memo play out first. | 他们想等异议备忘录这事过去再说 |
[18:36] | Just long enough so it won’t do us any good. | 等那时候也没什么用了 |
[18:42] | Hey, you want some of this? | 想来点这个吗 |
[18:44] | I don’t even know what it is. | 我根本不知道这是什么 |
[18:46] | It’s mushroom soufflé. Don’t you want to heat that up? | 是蘑菇蛋奶酥 你不加热一下吗 |
[18:48] | No, I’m barely tasting it anyway. | 不了 反正我也只是充饥而已 |
[18:53] | So, Jareth tomorrow. That’s exciting. | 杰瑞斯明天来 真让人兴奋 |
[18:56] | Yep. | 是的 |
[18:59] | You know, Dad and I are really happy | 你爸和我真的很高兴 |
[19:01] | that he’s gonna stay with us, | 他要来家里住 |
[19:02] | but maybe we should just talk about one thing. | 但或许我们该谈一件事 |
[19:06] | What, the fact that if we move to England | 谈什么 如果我们真搬去英国 |
[19:08] | I might end up killing myself? | 我最终可能会自杀吗 |
[19:10] | What? | 什么 |
[19:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:14] | Sweetheart… | 亲爱的 |
[19:16] | what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[19:19] | The whole summer was awful. | 整个夏天都很糟糕 |
[19:22] | His friends, his family. | 他的朋友 他的家人 |
[19:25] | The stupid weather. | 破天气 |
[19:27] | Wait, you-you’ve been home almost a month. | 等等 你回家将近一个月了 |
[19:29] | Why didn’t you say something? | 怎么什么都没说 |
[19:32] | Denial? I don’t know. | 可能是拒绝接受吧 |
[19:35] | It was embarrassing. | 很难堪 |
[19:35] | I mean… you guys were so happy for me. | 你们都为我高兴 |
[19:39] | And it was supposed to be the best summer of my life. | 这本该是我人生中最美好的夏天 |
[19:43] | Instead, I turned into this total baby. | 结果 我完全变成孩子一样 |
[19:46] | Leaving dinner parties to go cry in the bathroom. | 逃离晚宴在洗手间哭 |
[19:48] | Well, a little culture shock is to be expected. | 有点文化冲击在意料之中 |
[19:52] | It was more like culture electrocution. | 更像是文化电刑 |
[19:56] | Well, how’s Jareth? | 杰瑞斯呢 |
[19:58] | That was the worst part. | 这是最糟糕的部分 |
[20:00] | He was kind of a totally different person, too. | 他也完全变了个人 |
[20:04] | I mean, like snobby, | 变得势利 |
[20:06] | and he cared what school everybody went to. | 他关心每个人上什么学校 |
[20:10] | He was, like, turning away from me | 如果我讲错笑话 |
[20:11] | if I made the wrong joke. | 他就不理我 |
[20:14] | Sounds like you guys definitely have some stuff to talk about. | 听起来你们绝对需要谈谈 |
[20:17] | I don’t want you to think he’s a bad person. | 我不想你认为他是坏人 |
[20:20] | He’s just… | 他只是 |
[20:23] | British, it turns out. | 归根结底是英国人 |
[20:25] | Now, but, Stevie, you have to be straight with him. | 但斯蒂芬 你必须跟他直说 |
[20:28] | You can’t pretend you’re fine when you’re not. | 不能明明心有芥蒂却假装没有 |
[20:30] | That’s not how marriage works. | 婚姻不该是这样 |
[20:32] | I know. | 我明白 |
[20:34] | I just… I don’t know how he’s gonna take it. | 只是 我不知道他会有何反应 |
[20:46] | All right, | 好了 |
[20:47] | here’s the part of the DEA surveillance footage we need. | 这就是我们需要的那段缉毒局监控录像 |
[20:51] | Here she is coming into the guy’s house to make the sale. | 上面显示她到那个人的家里出售文物 |
[20:55] | It’s the same person. | 是同一个人 |
[20:56] | What’s an antiquities expert at a history museum | 一个历史博物馆的文物专家为什么会 |
[20:59] | doing selling stolen treasures to Corsican drug lords? | 把偷来的文物卖给科西嘉的毒枭 |
[21:02] | There’s nothing in her background to support it. | 从她的背景资料中完全找不出依据 |
[21:04] | I don’t know. Maybe she needs the money. | 不知道 可能她需要钱 |
[21:07] | Maybe she just likes gangsters. | 可能她就是喜欢恶棍 |
[21:08] | The only thing we really need to know | 我们现在真正需要知道的只有 |
[21:10] | is where she got the reliquary. | 她是从哪里得到圣骨匣 |
[21:12] | We can bring her in, but she can’t know what we’re up to. | 可以把她带来 但不能让她知道我们的目的 |
[21:15] | Maybe we could use French intelligence. | 也许可以找法国情报人员 |
[21:17] | I’m sure they’d be interested in what she’s doing. | 他们肯定对她做的事感兴趣 |
[21:19] | Not yet. | 暂时不要 |
[21:20] | You bring her in quietly, find out what she knows, | 你去把她秘密带来 查出她知道些什么 |
[21:23] | then take it from there. | 然后再说 |
[21:28] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[21:30] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[21:30] | Marcia Forman is having a field day with this dissent memo. | 玛夏·福曼今天拿这份异议备忘录大做文章 |
[21:33] | Marcia Forman is an unhappy woman | 玛夏·福曼是一个悲催的女人 |
[21:35] | desperately trying to make herself relevant. | 迫切想参与重大事件 |
[21:37] | Aren’t we all? | 我们不都是吗 |
[21:39] | Except I’m not a woman. | 除了我不是女人 |
[21:41] | Sorry. Finishing my first round of interviews. | 抱歉 刚结束第一轮面谈 |
[21:44] | Any leads? | 有线索吗 |
[21:45] | I talked to most of the mid-level Africa desk. | 我找了大多数非洲事务局的中层官员 |
[21:47] | They’re in full denial mode. | 他们全部否认 |
[21:49] | But I have IT doing an e-mail search for terms | 但我让技术人员搜查邮件中 |
[21:51] | that might indicate a grudge against the White House. | 可能暗含的怨恨白宫的词语 |
[21:53] | Dalton/idiot, McCord/idiot, | 道尔顿白痴 麦考德白痴 |
[21:56] | Dalton/traitor… | 道尔顿叛徒 |
[21:57] | Daisy, keep at it. Thank you. | 黛西 坚持下去 谢谢 |
[21:59] | All right, where are we on the sanctions on Angola? | 对安哥拉的制裁进展如何了 |
[22:01] | – Anybody… – Excuse me, Madam Secretary. | -有人… -打扰一下 国务卿女士 |
[22:04] | I’m sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断你们 |
[22:05] | but I’m having a little trouble getting my work done | 但我的人都被带走进行审问 |
[22:08] | while my entire staff is being rounded up for interrogation. | 我实在难以完成我的工作 |
[22:10] | It was an investigation. | 只是调查 |
[22:11] | We have to look into the memo leak. | 我们必须调查备忘录泄露一事 |
[22:13] | It’s been very destabilizing. | 很不利于稳定 |
[22:15] | Not to mention criminal. | 更别提是犯罪 |
[22:17] | Fine. | 好 |
[22:18] | I leaked it. | 是我泄露的 |
[22:20] | You want to arrest somebody, | 你们想逮捕人 |
[22:21] | arrest me. | 逮捕我吧 |
[22:22] | Okay, come on. | 行了 跟我来 |
[22:26] | I am sorry for questioning your staff, but… | 很抱歉盘查你的人 但 |
[22:29] | Bestilo’s put her under house arrest. | 贝斯特罗将她软禁了 |
[22:31] | Kalanga. | 卡兰加 |
[22:32] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[22:34] | – When? – This morning, to protect her security. | -什么时候 -今早 为了保护她的安全 |
[22:36] | And I would love to see this office | 我希望看到本届政府对一个民主同盟国家 |
[22:38] | take half as much interest | 可能公开操控选举的关注 |
[22:40] | in a supposedly democratic ally openly stealing an election | 能比得上文件被泄露的 |
[22:43] | as you have shown in one leaked document. | 一半的关注就好了 |
[22:45] | Hey, Susan, you got to stop accusing me of not caring. | 苏珊 别再指责我不关心了 |
[22:49] | There are parameters and you know that. | 我必须综合考量 你也知道 |
[22:51] | When was the last time you set foot in Southern Africa? | 你上次去非洲南部是什么时候 |
[22:53] | – I… – But you find time to go to NFL games, | -我 -但你却有时间去看全美橄榄球联赛 |
[22:55] | and… I’m so sorry. | 而且…抱歉 |
[22:58] | I… You know what? | 知道吗 |
[22:59] | I-I just give up. | 我放弃 |
[23:00] | I’d rather work in the private sector | 我宁愿去私营企业 |
[23:02] | and actually get something done. | 做些实事 |
[23:03] | – Susan… – Thank you for taking a chance on me. | -苏珊 -谢谢你给我这个机会 |
[23:06] | Madam Secretary, you can consider this my resignation. | 国务卿女士 把这当作我的辞呈 |
[23:27] | Can we talk about this? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[23:30] | Yes. | 好 |
[23:31] | I’d appreciate it if you let me turn myself in. | 如果你让我自首 我会很感激 |
[23:34] | I’d rather my staff not see me led out by security. | 我不愿我的人看到我被警卫队带走 |
[23:36] | I know you didn’t leak that memo. | 我知道备忘录不是你泄露的 |
[23:39] | That’s not what my memoir will say. | 我的回忆录可不会这样写 |
[23:41] | And if you think I’m gonna inform on anybody… | 如果你觉得我会揭发谁 |
[23:43] | No, I don’t actually care who leaked it. | 不 其实我不在乎是谁泄露的 |
[23:46] | I just don’t want to lose you. | 我只是不想失去你 |
[23:49] | But you have to understand. | 但你要理解 |
[23:51] | I-I’m playing ten dimensional chess here. | 我现在下的是十维棋局 |
[23:54] | If I could’ve threatened to cut off agricultural imports | 如果我联系贝斯特罗时能威胁 |
[23:58] | and sanction oil when I called Bestilo, | 切断农业进口并制裁石油运输 |
[24:00] | I would’ve done it. | 我早做了 |
[24:04] | But we are having an election of our own | 但我们自己也在选举 |
[24:06] | and, like it or not, we all serve at the pleasure. | 不管你喜不喜欢 我们都要着眼这一事实 |
[24:09] | And this is exactly the problem with our approach in Africa. | 这正是我们跟非洲打交道的问题 |
[24:11] | We go in there with our studies, and our expertise, and our aid, | 我们去那里研究 派去专家 送去援助 |
[24:15] | and we don’t even know what we don’t know. | 但甚至不知道自己不知道什么 |
[24:17] | Bestilo doesn’t care if his people starve. | 贝斯特罗不关心他的人民是否挨饿 |
[24:19] | So, if you really want to get him where he lives, | 如果你真想正中其要害 |
[24:21] | you don’t read reports. | 不能只看报告 |
[24:24] | You talk to people who know him. | 而要跟认识他的人打听 |
[24:28] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[24:32] | So how do we get him where he lives? | 那我们怎么正中他的要害 |
[24:36] | Putting your opponent under house arrest is clearly meant to | 将你的对手软禁显然是为了 |
[24:39] | protect your own security, Mr. President, | 保护你自己的安全 总统先生 |
[24:42] | not Kalanga’s. | 不是为了卡兰加的 |
[24:44] | I do not wish to run against a martyr. | 我不想与一名烈士竞选 |
[24:45] | But as always, Madam Secretary, | 但国务卿女士 我一如既往 |
[24:47] | I appreciate your opinion. | 欣赏你的观点 |
[24:50] | It is the United States’ opinion. | 这是美国的观点 |
[24:53] | Therefore, we’re demanding | 因此 我们要求 |
[24:55] | the release of Bertilde Kalanga within two hours. | 两小时内释放贝尔蒂德·卡兰加 |
[24:58] | If you do not comply, I’m prepared to impose a travel ban | 如果你不同意 我准备对所有 |
[25:02] | on all Angolan citizens into the United States. | 来美安哥拉公民施行旅行禁令 |
[25:05] | It would be a shame if Amalia Salessu were unable | 如果阿玛莉亚·瑟莱苏不能在斯坦福大学 |
[25:08] | to finish her sophomore year at Stanford. | 顺利读完大二就太遗憾了 |
[25:13] | But, of course, if she’s no longer attending school | 当然了 如果她不继续 |
[25:16] | out of the country, | 在国外上学 |
[25:17] | maybe she can get to know her half-sister better. | 或许就能与她同父异母的姐妹更亲近些了 |
[25:22] | Unless, of course, your daughter Lauana | 除非 你女儿卢瓦娜 |
[25:25] | doesn’t know she has a half-sister. | 不知道她还有这么个姐妹 |
[25:27] | I have to wonder, Elizabeth, at President Dalton’s boldness | 我不得不好奇 伊丽莎白 道尔顿总统 |
[25:32] | in dictating the election procedures | 有胆量指挥一个非洲小国的 |
[25:33] | of a small African nation | 选举规程 |
[25:35] | when he himself seems to be making up the rules | 而他却似乎在自己的竞选中 |
[25:37] | as he goes along. | 不遵守规则 |
[25:38] | You have enjoyed many years of generous support and aid from us | 你享受了美国多年的慷慨支持和援助 |
[25:42] | with little accountability. | 却几乎没有负担责任 |
[25:44] | But accountability comes | 可是责任有很多种形式 |
[25:46] | in many forms, Damiano. | 达米亚诺 |
[25:48] | I regret my years of loyalty mean so little to you. | 我多年的忠诚对你来说一文不值 我十分惋惜 |
[25:52] | Our warm relations can be restored | 如果你同意释放贝尔蒂德·卡兰加 |
[25:55] | if you agree to free Bertilde Kalanga | 并允许你的人民进行 |
[25:59] | and allow your people | 自由而公正的选举 |
[26:00] | a free and fair election. | 我们的密切关系就可以恢复 |
[26:04] | As your own president follows | 如果你们自己的总统 |
[26:06] | the dictates of democracy, so shall I. | 能遵守民主规则 我也会的 |
[26:12] | That seemed a little ominous. | 似乎有些不妙 |
[26:14] | Trust me, that’s as close to a checkmate as you’re gonna get. | 相信我 你就快逼得他无路可走了 |
[26:18] | He’s shaking. | 他在发抖 |
[26:19] | Well, let’s see if an illegitimate daughter | 我们来试试私生女 |
[26:22] | will have any effect. | 管不管用 |
[26:30] | Oh, brilliant. | 太棒了 |
[26:31] | Finally come round to real tea. | 你终于能接受真正的茶了 |
[26:33] | Trying. | 我还在努力尝试 |
[26:34] | Kind of makes my teeth squeak. | 我还是觉得有点牙碜 |
[26:35] | Oh, well, that’s because it’s actual tea, not colored water. | 那是因为这是真正的茶 而不是染了色的水 |
[26:38] | Oh, leave the bag in, woman. | 别把茶包拿出来 姑娘 |
[26:40] | Have I taught you nothing? | 我没教过你吗 |
[26:43] | I am incorrigible. | 我积习难改 |
[26:48] | I, I heard you say that to your mother | 你以为我不在房间里时 |
[26:50] | when you thought I was out of the room. | 和你妈妈的谈话 我都听到了 |
[26:55] | Oh, dear. | 我的天啊 |
[26:56] | Of course, I-I had made the scandalous error | 没错 我在泡完茶后再倒牛奶进去 |
[27:00] | of pouring the milk after the tea. | 真是犯了非常严重的错误 |
[27:02] | I’m sorry I said that. | 我很抱歉我说了那些话 |
[27:03] | I don’t think that. | 我不是那样想的 |
[27:05] | I actually find you quite corrigible. | 我觉得你还是很能改正的 |
[27:07] | The whole summer, I-I felt like… | 整个夏天 我都觉得 |
[27:12] | the idiot American girl | 自己是个白痴美国女孩 |
[27:13] | who doesn’t know how to drink tea | 不会喝茶 |
[27:16] | and doesn’t have the right shoes. | 也穿不对鞋 |
[27:19] | That’s not how I see you at all. | 在我眼里你不是这样的 |
[27:21] | Why would anyone pour the milk before the tea? | 怎么会有人先倒牛奶再倒茶 |
[27:24] | It doesn’t make any sense, | 完全没道理 |
[27:25] | you can’t tell how strong it is. | 你根本尝不出来味道的浓淡 |
[27:27] | I looked it up. | 而且我查过了 |
[27:28] | George Orwell is with me on this. | 乔治·奥威尔和我的观点一致 |
[27:29] | God, I hate England. | 我恨英国 |
[27:31] | I’m right there with you. | 我也一样 |
[27:32] | It brings out the absolute worst in me. | 英国让我劣迹斑斑 |
[27:35] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[27:38] | Honestly, I mean, the thought of going back there | 说实话 回到英国的想法 |
[27:41] | kind of gives me a panic attack. | 让我很恐慌 |
[27:45] | Well, then let’s not. | 那就别回去了 |
[27:48] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:49] | I’m miserable without you. | 如果你不在我身边 我会很难过 |
[27:50] | I love the States. | 我爱美国 |
[27:51] | You love the States. | 你也爱美国 |
[27:53] | Let’s live in the States. | 我们就住在美国吧 |
[27:58] | But what about your fellowship? | 那你的奖学金怎么办 |
[27:59] | Please, if a cat can be both alive and dead simultaneously, | 拜托 如果一只猫可以同时死去和活着 |
[28:03] | I’m sure I can find another fellowship | 我肯定能在理论物理学领域 |
[28:05] | in theoretical physics. | 找到别的奖学金 |
[28:07] | Probably only makes sense to another physicist. | 可能只有物理学家才能明白 |
[28:09] | Um, the important thing | 重要的是 |
[28:11] | is that we are our best selves to each other. | 我们在对方面前都是最好的自己 |
[28:14] | Always. | 永远都是 |
[28:19] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:20] | Keep talking physics to me. | 继续跟我讲物理 |
[28:22] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[28:23] | No, don’t. | 假的 |
[28:29] | We get the archeologist? | 我们抓住那考古学家了 |
[28:31] | We just brought her in, but she’s not talking yet. | 我们刚把她带来 但她还没招 |
[28:38] | 法国对外安全局掌握了你的黑市交易资料 不仅会终结你的事业 | |
[28:51] | 今晚你有机会离开这里 我们可以当什么都没发生过 | |
[29:30] | Ask her about the statues. | 问问她雕像的事 |
[29:44] | Those are the St. Gabriel statues. | 那就是圣加百利修道院的雕像 |
[29:46] | She’s dealing with Hizb al-Shahid. | 她跟沙希德在交易 |
[29:48] | And the best part is, they haven’t seen her. | 最好的一点在于 他们没见过她 |
[29:50] | Right, so, we pick her up, we let her think she’s being held | 没错 我们抓走她 让她以为她是被 |
[29:53] | by French intelligence. | 法国情报部门关起来的 |
[29:54] | We’ll find an agent who can pass for her, | 我们找个特工 扮成她的样子 |
[29:56] | set up a meeting to buy one of these statues, and boom, | 安排一个购买雕像的会面 |
[29:58] | we have a direct line to Hizb al-Shahid in Algeria. | 我们就和阿尔及利亚的沙希德有了直接接触 |
[30:01] | Except these guys go through couriers | 但那些人只会通过信使联络 |
[30:03] | because they can’t meet with women. | 因为他们不能和女人会面 |
[30:05] | So, all we have to do is find an agent | 看来我们只需要找到一个特工 |
[30:08] | who looks like this archaeologist, | 长得像这个考古学家 |
[30:10] | who speaks perfect French, | 讲流利的法语 |
[30:11] | and then somehow convince these extremists | 还得能够说服这些极端分子 |
[30:14] | that they should violate their religion | 违背自己的宗教教义 |
[30:15] | and meet her face-to-face so she can set up the op. | 和她面谈 以便她安排行动 |
[30:18] | But, yeah, once we do all that, | 可一旦这些都办好了 |
[30:21] | it’s like you said, “Boom.” | 就手到擒来了 |
[30:32] | Good morning, Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 早上好 |
[30:33] | Not while I’m still reading | 我还在读异议备忘录的早晨 |
[30:35] | about the dissent memo. | 可不怎么好 |
[30:36] | We just got word that Bertilde Kalanga | 我们刚收到消息 贝尔蒂德·卡兰加 |
[30:38] | was released from house arrest in Angola. | 从安哥拉的软禁中被释放了 |
[30:40] | Hope that helps. | 希望这能让您感觉好点 |
[30:41] | It does. | 的确好点了 |
[30:43] | When do the polls open? | 投票什么时候开始 |
[30:44] | About 16 hours. | 还有十六个小时 |
[30:45] | Uh, Assistant Secretary Thompson is here, | 助理国务卿汤普森来了 |
[30:46] | presumably to share the diplomatic equivalent | 可能是来和您 |
[30:48] | of a high five. | 庆祝这外交胜利的 |
[30:49] | Susan, I just heard. | 苏珊 我刚接到消息 |
[30:51] | Bestilo released Kalanga. | 贝斯特罗释放了卡兰加 |
[30:53] | He also shut down all Internet service in Angola. | 他也关闭了安哥拉的所有互联网服务 |
[30:57] | He cannot stop suppressing freedom of speech, can he? | 他就是不能停止压制言论自由是吗 |
[31:00] | It’s worse than that. | 坏消息还不止这一个 |
[31:02] | I just got word from the embassy, military and police | 我刚从大使馆得到消息 军队和警方 |
[31:04] | are surrounding poll stations as we speak. | 现在正在包围投票站 |
[31:06] | What is he doing? | 他要干什么 |
[31:08] | Suppressing voters with no way for anyone to see | 镇压选民以掩饰自己的阴谋 |
[31:11] | what he’s up to until it’s too late. | 等民众发现的时候就太迟了 |
[31:13] | Won’t the press expose him? | 媒体不能曝光他吗 |
[31:14] | – No, they do whatever he tells them to do. – He controls it. | -不能 媒体都听他的 -他控制着媒体 |
[31:17] | But he can’t control social media. | 但他不能控制社交媒体 |
[31:18] | If the people show each other what he’s doing, | 如果人们口口相传他的恶行 |
[31:20] | he knows they’ll rise up. | 他知道他们会反抗的 |
[31:21] | Same reason Mubarak | 这也是阿拉伯之春运动时 |
[31:23] | shut down Internet during the Arab Spring. | 穆巴拉克关闭网络的原因 |
[31:24] | Said it was for maintenance. | 号称是为了维护网络 |
[31:26] | Maintenance of the status quo. | 是为了维护现状才对 |
[31:30] | I thought we were getting through to him. | 我以为我们快要说服他了 |
[31:33] | We should initiate a travel ban. | 我们应该颁布旅行禁令 |
[31:34] | Threaten to cut off food, | 以切断粮食供应威胁他 |
[31:36] | even if we can’t do it. | 即使我们不能这样做 |
[31:36] | No, we-we can’t make threats if we we’re not willing | 不行 做不到的事 |
[31:39] | to follow through on them. | 不能作为威胁 |
[31:43] | It’s like you said, | 就像你说的 |
[31:44] | what does he care if his people starve? | 他的人民挨饿他也不会管 |
[31:46] | Unfortunately, this is the position we’ve put Angolans in | 我们令安哥拉依赖我们的粮食供应 |
[31:49] | by making them dependent on our food supply. | 就将那里的人民置于这样的处境 |
[31:52] | What about U.N. Forces? | 联合国部队呢 |
[31:56] | Hang on. | 等会儿 |
[31:59] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得很对 |
[32:00] | Subsidized agriculture was the wrong idea. | 农业补助大错特错 |
[32:03] | We have to let them harvest their own crops, right? | 我们得让他们自己收割庄稼 对吧 |
[32:07] | Blake! | 布莱克 |
[32:10] | Who did you say sent you? | 你说是谁派你来的 |
[32:11] | I represent a buyer from Bastia, | 我代表一个来自巴斯蒂亚的买家 |
[32:13] | Lucas Hervé. | 吕卡·埃尔维 |
[32:14] | Why doesn’t he come himself? | 他怎么不自己来 |
[32:15] | He’s a businessman. He needs to be discreet. | 他是个生意人 他很谨慎 |
[32:17] | So he sends an archaeologist who deals in the black market? | 所以他就派一个在黑市上做买卖的考古学家吗 |
[32:21] | You’re pretty high risk. | 这风险可够高的 |
[32:23] | I have connections to passionate collectors | 我和世界上很多热心的收藏家 |
[32:24] | from many different worlds. | 都有联系 |
[32:26] | Did the reliquary contain the relics of St. Augustine? | 圣骨匣里有没有圣奥古斯丁的遗骨 |
[32:30] | It was only the outside the buyer was interested in. | 买家只对匣子感兴趣 |
[32:33] | Sounds like you’re covering. | 听着像是掩饰 |
[32:34] | That’s something an archaeologist would know. | 这是考古学家应该知道的知识 |
[32:36] | But not something that HS would care about. | 但却是沙希德不在乎的事 |
[32:40] | Where are you from? | 你来自哪里 |
[32:41] | Paris. | 巴黎 |
[32:42] | 18th arrondissement. | 第十八区 |
[32:44] | Then why does your accent sound southern? | 那为什么你有南方口音 |
[32:46] | My mother is from Marseille. | 我妈妈是马赛人 |
[32:48] | I spent my summers there growing up. | 我小时候每年夏天都会去那儿 |
[32:50] | I lived with my grandmother. | 和我的外婆住在一起 |
[32:51] | You just gave us three ways to pull you apart | 你给了我们三条有可能被戳穿的信息 |
[32:53] | when you just needed to give us one. | 只需要说一个就够了 |
[32:56] | Of course. | 是的 |
[32:58] | Ask me again. | 再问我一次 |
[32:59] | I think we got enough. | 我觉得差不多了 |
[33:03] | Great work, Cecile. | 干得不错 塞西尔 |
[33:04] | Very impressive. | 真厉害 |
[33:10] | Thanks for coming in. | 感谢你能来 |
[33:17] | Well, she looks like our archaeologist. | 她长得很像我们的考古学家 |
[33:19] | Her French is perfect. | 她的法语很地道 |
[33:21] | She’s too green. | 她还是个新人 |
[33:23] | I know from when Elizabeth was starting out, | 伊丽莎白开始干这一行的时候 我了解到 |
[33:25] | you want an agent with something to prove. | 你需要一个想证明自己的特工 |
[33:27] | She can do it. | 她可以胜任 |
[33:28] | She’ll be sitting face-to-face | 她会和沙希德成员 |
[33:29] | with members of Hizb al-Shahid. | 面对面接触 |
[33:31] | It’s too important to go with an agent | 这太重要了 不能只因为 |
[33:32] | because she reminds you of your wife. | 她让你联想到你老婆就派她去 |
[33:35] | It’s too important not to. | 就因为重要才应该派她 |
[33:38] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[33:40] | Yes, I promise. | 是的 我保证 |
[33:42] | Okay, Mum. Yeah, bye, bye, bye, bye. | 好的 妈妈 再见 |
[33:44] | Hey, I think I found a really cool place | 我在金世曼公园 |
[33:46] | in Kingsman Park. | 发现一个好地方 |
[33:47] | Oh, sorry, I’m completely late for my interview. | 对不起 我面试要迟到了 |
[33:49] | And this public transport app is utter rubbish. | 而且这公交应用真是垃圾 |
[33:52] | – Sorry, um… – Bad phone call? | -抱歉 -电话不愉快吗 |
[33:55] | Yeah. Apparently my father is flummoxed | 没错 显然我爸爸不理解 |
[33:57] | that I’ve thrown away my career, | 我抛弃了我的职业生涯 |
[33:59] | and he’s decided to cut me off. | 决定断我的粮 |
[34:00] | Not that I mind that too much. | 我倒是不太在意 |
[34:02] | I’ve always hated the way he dangles | 我一直很讨厌他用继承权当筹码 |
[34:03] | the inheritance to keep us all in line. | 来控制我们 |
[34:04] | Quite happy to step out of that mini colonialist drama. | 很高兴离开这部迷你殖民主义戏剧 |
[34:07] | How do you not know where George Washington University is? | 你怎么会不知道乔治·华盛顿大学在哪儿 |
[34:09] | I’m confused– I thought your parents were academics. | 我不太明白 我以为你父母是学者 |
[34:11] | Yeah, well, they can afford to be, | 对 他们当然可以买个学者名号 |
[34:12] | thanks to Mum’s title and all that. | 因为妈妈的爵位什么的 |
[34:15] | Your mother has a title? | 你妈妈有爵位 |
[34:17] | Yes. Lady Sutherland. | 对 萨瑟兰勋爵 |
[34:19] | Dad just married in, but it doesn’t stop him | 爸爸只是入赘 但毫不妨碍他 |
[34:21] | from using it for all it’s worth. | 拿这个爵位说话 |
[34:24] | I’m sorry, how did I not know any of this? | 不好意思 我怎么一直不知道 |
[34:27] | Could it be the accent? | 因为口音吗 |
[34:29] | I actually worked really hard on it. | 实际上我在口音上很用功了 |
[34:31] | Okay, look, you’d have hated it. | 好了 我知道你不喜欢 |
[34:32] | The country manor in the Cotswolds | 在科茨沃尔德的庄园 |
[34:33] | is basically just a farm with glowering portraits. | 不过就是个有着阴森画像的农场 |
[34:35] | The chateau in Provence is a little bit more fun, | 普罗旺斯的城堡还有点意思 |
[34:37] | and I think my sister will have us over for visits | 我想我姐姐会欢迎我们去 |
[34:39] | so she can just lord it over me. | 那样她就能向我耍威风了 |
[34:41] | Oh, I have to go. I really have to go. | 我得走了 真得走了 |
[34:42] | Jareth, stop. | 杰瑞斯 等等 |
[34:46] | Is your father right? | 你爸爸说得对吗 |
[34:49] | Is this a huge mistake? | 这是个天大的错误吗 |
[34:51] | It’s too late now. The Brexit vote is in, | 现在太晚了 英国退欧投票已经开始了 |
[34:53] | and there’s no turning back. | 没有回头路了 |
[34:54] | So I’ll talk to you later. | 晚些再跟你聊 |
[34:56] | I really have to go. | 我真得走了 |
[34:57] | Scott, thank you so much for taking the time. | 斯科特 非常感谢你接我电话 |
[35:02] | Where you calling me from, 2012? | 你从哪儿打来的 2012年吗 |
[35:04] | Super Mario had more pixels. | 超级玛丽都比你分辨率高 |
[35:05] | You guys gotta let me help you out. | 你们得让我帮帮忙了 |
[35:08] | Well, I’m… I’m glad you’re in a charitable mood | 很高兴你这么乐于慈善 |
[35:11] | because I’ve got a… a proposition. | 因为我有个…提议 |
[35:16] | Do you remember saying that if you wanted to, | 还记不记得你说过 只要你想的话 |
[35:18] | you could extend free Internet access | 你可以为整个非洲南部 |
[35:21] | to all of Southern Africa? | 提供免费因特网服务 |
[35:24] | By piggybacking off one network, yeah. | 利用一国的网络 没错 |
[35:26] | I might have overstated the reach. | 我可能夸大了一点范围 |
[35:28] | If I can make a deal with Zambia, | 如果我能和赞比亚达成协议 |
[35:30] | do you think you could set up a makeshift network | 你能否在安哥拉搭建一个 |
[35:33] | in Angola in… | 临时网络 |
[35:35] | Well, in the next 12 hours? | 在十二个小时之内 |
[35:37] | Well, I assume this is a tax-free situation | 我想我们说的应该是 |
[35:39] | we’re talking about– no OTTs. | 免税协议吧 免除通信服务税 |
[35:41] | Well… that’s the thing. | 问题来了 |
[35:45] | this network you’re setting up | 你架设的这个网络 |
[35:47] | will only exist for 24 hours. | 只能存在24小时 |
[35:50] | Just enough time for Angola to elect its next president | 刚刚够时间让安哥拉通过公平自由的选举 |
[35:53] | in a free and fair election. | 选举出下任总统 |
[35:55] | After that, you’d have to pay whatever taxes Angola wants. | 在此之后 你就得按照安哥拉的要求缴税了 |
[36:01] | But if the people’s candidate wins, | 但如果人民候选人赢了 |
[36:04] | I’m pretty sure | 我相当确定 |
[36:04] | we can discourage state-run telecoms all together. | 我们能挫败所有的国有通信 |
[36:06] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[36:08] | Well, I like the sound of that. | 这点我喜欢 |
[36:09] | Good, because you’ll be helping me do that | 很好 因为你要派遣一队人马 |
[36:11] | by sending in a team | 来帮我实现这件事情 |
[36:12] | to train Angolans to build | 免费培训安哥拉人 |
[36:14] | their own private telecom networks… for free. | 建设他们自己的私有通信网络 |
[36:19] | The way it should be. | 本来就该这样 |
[36:21] | However, I-I do have to tell you that | 不过 我必须要告诉你的是 |
[36:22] | if Bertilde Kalanga doesn’t win today, | 如果贝尔蒂德·卡兰加今天没赢得选举 |
[36:25] | then, well, both of us are probably | 那么我们俩或许 |
[36:27] | never gonna work in Angola again. | 都没法再去安哥拉工作了 |
[36:32] | Why would I agree to this? | 我为什么要同意呢 |
[36:33] | Because you want to build democracy. | 因为你希望建设民主 |
[36:36] | And because, if your company, KronicDM, | 还有 如果你的克罗尼克信息公司 |
[36:40] | is the force behind an Internet-led revolution | 通过因特网引导革命 |
[36:43] | that leads Angola to expose a corrupt regime | 使得安哥拉曝光了一个腐败的政权 |
[36:46] | and elect its first female president, | 并且选举出了史上第一位女总统 |
[36:49] | that’s gonna make a really kickass Super Bowl commercial. | 拿这个作为超级碗广告 可是酷毙了 |
[37:02] | Yup. | 好 |
[37:04] | Ballot-stuffing in Benguela. | 本格拉出现多投票舞弊 |
[37:06] | I’ve got it on a live feed. | 我在看直播 |
[37:08] | I’ve got somebody facing down a line | 我看见一个人面对着 |
[37:09] | of military trucks trying to block the poll access. | 与堵塞投票点入口的排成行的军车对峙 |
[37:11] | Yeah, and a bunch of people joining him. | 没错 很多人都加入了他 |
[37:13] | It’s like a flash mob without all the dancing. | 就像是不跳舞的快闪族 |
[37:16] | Well, the news cycle has shifted from the leaked memo. | 新闻已经不再聚焦于备忘录泄露事件了 |
[37:19] | Thank you, KronicDM. | 谢谢你 克罗尼克信息 |
[37:21] | Thank the Angolans. | 谢谢安哥拉人 |
[37:23] | They’re the ones putting their lives at risk to expose him. | 是他们冒着生命危险来揭露他 |
[37:25] | Yes. | 没错 |
[37:26] | All right, that was the embassy. | 大使馆发来的 |
[37:27] | So far, everything seems calm in Luanda. | 目前 罗安达一切看上去都很平静 |
[37:30] | Let’s hope the eyes of the world are enough | 希望国际的关注 |
[37:32] | to keep Bestilo from lashing out. | 能够阻止贝斯特罗出动武力 |
[37:36] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[37:37] | Hey. Where’s Jareth? | 杰瑞斯呢 |
[37:40] | He’s out with friends. | 跟朋友出去了 |
[37:41] | I was at the library. | 我去了图书馆 |
[37:43] | Want to watch the Angolan election with me? | 想和我一起看安哥拉大选吗 |
[37:44] | First woman president. | 第一位女性总统 |
[37:46] | Kalanga won? | 卡兰加赢了 |
[37:47] | Not yet. Here. It’s vegan. | 还没有 给你 这是素食的 |
[37:49] | Mom told me about the whole “I hate England” crisis. | 妈妈把”我恨英国”的故事给我讲了 |
[37:52] | Yeah, well, it’s been replaced | 没错 故事更新了 |
[37:54] | by the “Jareth is losing out on his inheritance | 现在的版本是 杰瑞斯如果留在这里 |
[37:58] | if he stays here” Crisis. | 就会失去继承权 |
[38:00] | They’re disinheriting him? | 他们打算剥夺他的继承权 |
[38:01] | Wow, that’s extreme. | 够极端的 |
[38:02] | It also might be because he’s marrying someone | 也可能是因为他要娶的那个人 |
[38:04] | who doesn’t know how to pour tea, | 不懂得如何倒茶 |
[38:06] | but I didn’t ask. | 但我没问 |
[38:07] | Well, even if they cut him off, | 即使他们那么做了 |
[38:09] | they’re still gonna be your in-laws, | 他们仍旧是你的姻亲 |
[38:10] | so you guys gotta work that out. | 你们得处理好这个问题 |
[38:13] | How is Jareth doing? | 杰瑞斯怎么样 |
[38:15] | Great. Supposedly. | 好极了 我估计 |
[38:18] | Couldn’t be happier | 不能再高兴了 |
[38:19] | about being liberated from the tyranny | 从头衔和财产的禁锢中 |
[38:21] | of title and property. | 解脱了出来 |
[38:25] | But he’s conflicted. | 但他很矛盾 |
[38:26] | I know he is. | 我知道肯定是 |
[38:27] | Especially about leaving Oxford. | 尤其是关于离开牛津 |
[38:40] | Isn’t this where you give me the wise counsel of experience? | 你现在难道不该给我来点经验上的智慧提点吗 |
[38:45] | Sorry, I got nothin’ except welcome to marriage. | 抱歉 我能说的只有”婚姻就是如此” |
[38:48] | Huge, important life decisions… | 重大 重要的人生决定 |
[38:52] | with unexpected consequences, | 伴随着无法预料的后果 |
[38:53] | all taken on a leap of faith. | 全部建立在信仰的飞跃之上 |
[38:57] | What if we stay, | 如果我们留下 |
[38:59] | and he ends up resenting me for losing everything? | 最终他由于失去一切而厌烦我呢 |
[39:02] | Oh, honey, he will. | 宝贝 他会的 |
[39:04] | A-at some point. | 在某种程度上 |
[39:07] | And you guys will work through it. | 而你们会处理好的 |
[39:13] | Or not. | 也可能处理不好 |
[39:15] | That can happen, too. | 也有可能 |
[39:19] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[39:21] | What about the, you know, | 那些话呢 |
[39:23] | if you love each other, you can make it through anything? | 如果你们彼此相爱 你们能克服一切困难 |
[39:26] | You know what my dad said to me | 你知道我结婚前夜 |
[39:27] | the night before I got married? | 我爸爸跟我说了什么吗 |
[39:29] | “Marriage is the nicest way | “婚姻是每一天 |
[39:31] | to confront your own inadequacies on a daily basis” | 面对你自己不足的最好方式” |
[39:36] | You should write that in a song. | 你应该把这句话写进歌里 |
[39:38] | It’s also the greatest journey you’ll ever go on. | 同时也是你所能经历的最棒的旅程 |
[39:45] | And you get to go on it with your best friend. | 而你得和你最好的朋友继续同行 |
[39:54] | When are they gonna call this? | 他们什么时候才会宣布 |
[39:56] | I definitely don’t have time for Bush v. Gore. | 我绝对没有布什诉戈尔案那么长的时间 |
[39:59] | My wife’s gonna kill me as it is. | 不然我老婆会杀了我 |
[40:01] | If they haven’t called it, he hasn’t stolen it. | 如果还没宣布 那他就还没窃取胜利 |
[40:03] | Well, still no word from the embassy, | 大使馆还是没消息 |
[40:06] | but the Bureau of African Affairs | 但非洲事务局 |
[40:08] | sent over doughnuts. | 送来了甜甜圈 |
[40:10] | Suck-ups! | 马屁精 |
[40:11] | Well, I am not above a suck-up doughnut. | 我可抵挡不了马屁甜甜圈的诱惑 |
[40:13] | Oh, glazed. | 糖衣的 |
[40:18] | Sorry about the investigation. | 调查的事情不好意思了 |
[40:21] | Are you offering me my own department’s doughnut | 你是把我部门送来的甜甜圈拿给我 |
[40:23] | as an apology? | 当做道歉吗 |
[40:24] | Yep. | 没错 |
[40:25] | Let’s just say it’s more of a thank you than an apology. | 比起道歉 更多的是感谢 |
[40:28] | Releasing the dissent memo, whoever released it… | 把异议备忘录泄露出去 不管是谁 |
[40:31] | I’m sorry it was necessary. | 抱歉 但是那是必须的 |
[40:33] | They haven’t wrapped this thing up yet? | 他们还没完事吗 |
[40:36] | Still waiting. | 还在等 |
[40:37] | May I interest you in a doughnut? | 吃甜甜圈吗 |
[40:40] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[40:42] | – Where’s the, uh, Secretary? – We did it! | -国务卿呢 -成功了 |
[40:45] | – Oh, Kalanga won! – Yes, we did it! | -卡兰加赢了 -没错 我们成功了 |
[40:47] | Look at that! | 快看啊 |
[40:49] | And you didn’t even have to use agriculture. | 你连农业筹码都没用上 |
[40:51] | All I had to do was work with the people. | 我所做的只是和人民站在一边 |
[40:54] | I’d like to see the New York Times | 我想看看《纽约时报》 |
[40:55] | hold out on us now. | 现在是否还暂缓支持 |
[40:56] | Oh, Russ, don’t be so sentimental! | 拉塞尔 别这么多愁善感 |
[41:00] | Just stopped by to let you know | 我来就是告诉你 |
[41:02] | we’re on the ballot in Ohio. | 我们在俄亥俄州候选名单上了 |
[41:04] | Not that you’re campaigning. | 并不是说你也在帮忙竞选 |
[41:05] | Oh, this day is full of wonders. | 今天真是充满了惊喜 |
[41:08] | True that. | 没错 |
[41:09] | Actually, I’ll, uh… | 好吧 我… |
[41:11] | I’ll have a sprinkles. | 我来个糖屑的 |
[41:13] | You should fly in for the inauguration. | 你应该飞赴就职典礼 |
[41:15] | It’s good optics. | 宣传效果会很好 |
[41:17] | I may fit that in my schedule. | 我或许会加进我的日程 |
[41:20] | Will you join me? | 你和我一起去吗 |
[41:22] | Hey, guys, check it out. | 各位 快看看 |
[42:13] | It’s taking too long. | 太久了 |
[42:15] | We should have put a wire on her. | 应该让她带窃听器 |
[42:23] | That’s her. | 她来了 |
[42:25] | She’s alone. That’s good. | 就她一个人 很好 |
[42:27] | Cecile, all clear? | 塞西尔 一切顺利吗 |
[42:29] | They bought it. | 他们相信了 |
[42:31] | And they’re going to let me appraise | 他们打算让我去鉴定 |
[42:32] | the statues in Algeria. | 阿尔及利亚的雕像 |
[42:34] | We meet sometime next week. | 下周某个时间见面 |
[42:35] | That’s fantastic. | 太好了 |
[42:37] | Good work. Get back to base. | 好样的 回基地吧 |
[42:46] | Did we set a pick-up? | 我们安排人接应了吗 |
[42:55] | This is Black Dog Station. | 这里是黑犬追踪总部 |
[42:56] | Who the hell just took our agent? | 谁劫走了我们的特工 |