时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Keep going, I’ll catch up to you. | 你先走 我一会就追上你了 |
[00:05] | 埃尔姆赫斯特市 伊利诺斯州 | |
[00:38] | Ay-tiff? | 艾蒂夫 |
[00:39] | Ah-teef? | 阿提夫 |
[00:40] | Atif. | 是阿蒂夫 |
[00:41] | Right, double espresso. | 是的 双份浓缩咖啡 |
[00:52] | I’m sorry, sir. | 不好意思 先生 |
[00:53] | Are you using this seat? | 这个位子有人吗 |
[01:10] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[01:12] | I’d like to start with the tragic bombing in Illinois. | 我先要说的是发生在伊利诺斯的爆炸惨案 |
[01:15] | Due to its domestic nature, | 由于事件发生在国内 |
[01:16] | the FBI is leading the investigation. | 联调局主管此事的调查 |
[01:19] | Though the secretary took over 50 calls this morning | 国务卿今早已经收到了50多通 |
[01:21] | from other governments offering their support. | 来自其他州政府的电话 他们愿意提供帮助 |
[01:24] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[01:25] | Is it true that three months ago, | 伊利诺斯州的引爆者是不是 |
[01:27] | the Illinois bomber took a trip to Saudi Arabia? | 真的在三个月前去了沙特阿拉伯 |
[01:29] | Yes, for his pilgrimage to Mecca. | 是的 他是去麦加朝觐 |
[01:32] | For confirmation, I direct you | 确切消息 请在两个小时后的 |
[01:33] | to FBI Director Doherty’s press conference in two hours. | 联调局局长多尔蒂的新闻发布会上询问 |
[01:38] | – Keira? – Is the FBI investigating a mosque, | -凯拉 -联调局是否在以可能为引爆者 |
[01:41] | the North Illinois Islamic Center, | 赴沙特提供资金为由 调查一座 |
[01:43] | for funding that trip? | 位于北伊利诺斯州伊斯兰中心的清真寺 |
[01:44] | Again, I urge you to attend the FBI briefing. | 我还是建议你们去联调局的发布会上提问 |
[01:47] | I’ll take non-bombing related questions now. | 现在我不再接受有关爆炸案的提问 |
[01:50] | One more. | 再提一个 |
[01:50] | Are you aware that State’s own speechwriter, Matthew Mahoney, | 你是否知道国务院演讲撰稿人 穆斯林教徒 |
[01:54] | a Muslim, is also a member of that mosque? | 马修·马奥尼 也是那座清真寺的成员 |
[01:58] | I don’t have any information along those lines | 对于这些消息我并不知情 |
[01:59] | and I encourage you to check your sources. | 我建议你再核查一下你的消息来源 |
[02:01] | So, you deny any knowledge of Mr. Mahoney’s affiliation | 也就是说你否认对马奥尼与 |
[02:04] | with the mosque in question? | 那座清真寺之间的关系知情 |
[02:06] | I’m not denying anything, but I am troubled | 我不是否认 不过我很纳闷 |
[02:08] | by your attempt to link a public servant and a terrorist | 你为什么仅仅基于同样的宗教信仰 |
[02:11] | based solely on their shared faith. | 就把一名公务员和恐怖分子联系起来 |
[02:12] | What about a receipt showing that, six months ago, | 因为有一张收据显示 在半年前 |
[02:17] | Mr. Mahoney donated the same mosque at the center | 马奥尼先生向这家清真寺捐款 |
[02:20] | of a terror investigation for funding a domestic attack? | 而该清真寺正在因资助国内袭击案而接受调查 |
[02:32] | Hey, Justin! | 贾斯丁 |
[02:35] | Can you please reroute all press inquiries to Public Affairs? | 能不能把这些媒体的电话全都转到公众事务部 |
[02:38] | Absolutely, sir. | 没问题 先生 |
[02:39] | And, my e-mail, man. | 还有我的电子邮箱 |
[02:40] | My inbox has got more spam than a Monty Python sketch. | 收到的垃圾邮件比蒙提·派森小品还多 |
[02:41] | 《Spam》为英国喜剧团体蒙提·派森著名作品 其中spam一词出现了无数次 | |
[02:43] | And and listen, if-if they ask about this donation thing, | 还有 如果他们问起捐款的事 |
[02:45] | just take a message. | 记录一下就行 |
[02:47] | What if the FBI calls? | 如果是联调局打的呢 |
[02:48] | That I’ll take. | 那我会接的 |
[02:49] | And if my mom calls, get me immediately. | 如果我妈妈来电话 马上转给我 |
[02:53] | How could you let The Chronicle sideswipe me | 你怎么能让《华盛顿纪实》的记者 |
[02:55] | with this donation thing? | 用这捐款的事攻击我呢 |
[02:56] | When were you planning to tell me? | 你怎么没告诉过我 |
[02:57] | What, that I’m a half-Pakistani | 什么 说我是有一半巴基斯坦血统 |
[02:59] | agnostic cultural Muslim | 是不可知论穆斯林教徒 |
[03:00] | who never practices and sometimes donates money | 从来不祈祷 有时还会给他妈妈的 |
[03:03] | to his mom’s mosque? | 教堂捐钱 |
[03:04] | Pretty sure you knew most of that. | 我很确定这些你都知道 |
[03:05] | Hey, the minute you found out this guy was affiliated | 当年发现这个家伙是你的圣会 |
[03:07] | with your congregation, you sh– | 成员时 就应该… |
[03:08] | I don’t have a congregation, I have friends and family | 我没有什么圣会 我有的是朋友和家人 |
[03:11] | who I was worried sick about | 当一个疯子在我的家乡引爆炸弹后 |
[03:12] | after a maniac bombed our hometown. | 我非常地担心他们 |
[03:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:16] | But you still should’ve told me. | 但是你还是应该告诉我的 |
[03:18] | Should I disclose the money I gave | 我是不是也应该披露 |
[03:19] | my dad’s Catholic church, too? | 向我父亲的天主教堂的捐款 |
[03:20] | If a member of its congregation sets off a bomb | 如果那座教堂的成员要在美国 |
[03:22] | in the United States, you bet. | 引爆炸弹 是的 |
[03:25] | Next time. | 下次吧 |
[03:25] | We’re late for the staff meeting. | 我们要去开会了 |
[03:27] | Lead on. | 带路吧 |
[03:29] | And confirmations are in for your Global Development | 您在蒙特利尔的全球发展大会的 |
[03:31] | meeting in Montreal. | 确认信息也有了 |
[03:32] | So far you’re meeting with chef Jamie Oliver, | 您会跟杰米·奥利弗大厨见面 |
[03:34] | to discuss global children’s nutrition, | 讨论全球儿童的营养问题 |
[03:36] | the Saudi Foreign Minister Kasib Hajar, | 跟沙特外交大臣卡瑟布·哈贾尔 |
[03:39] | exploring the future of solar power, | 商讨开发太阳能的事情 |
[03:41] | and George Clooney, to stare deeply into his eyes. | 还有乔治·克鲁尼 深深地凝视他的双眼 |
[03:46] | And talk mass genocide. | 然后谈一下大规模的种族灭绝的事 |
[03:50] | Madam Secretary? | 国务卿女士 |
[03:51] | Well, how is taking a selfie with George Clooney | 跟乔治·克鲁尼自拍 |
[03:53] | going to assure Americans they’re safe? | 怎么就能让国人有安全感了 |
[03:56] | Ma’am… | 国务卿 |
[03:57] | Nobody’s missed me at this conference | 在过去的两年里 参加这个大会的人 |
[03:59] | for the past two years. | 没人想念我 |
[04:00] | Sorry for being late. | 抱歉迟到了 |
[04:02] | It’s quite all right. You doing okay? | 没关系 你怎么样 |
[04:05] | Fine. I got waylaid writing your bombing remarks, | 没事 耽误了我给你写爆炸演说的声明 |
[04:07] | but they’re almost done. | 不过基本快写完了 |
[04:09] | Do you think that you’re the right person to write those? | 你来写这个你觉得合适吗 |
[04:11] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 有什么不合适 |
[04:15] | Because there was a bombing in your hometown, Matt. | 因为你的家乡发生了爆炸案 马特 |
[04:19] | Thank you, ma’am, but I-I really am okay. | 谢谢你 国务卿 不过我真的没事 |
[04:22] | Well, I think the statement should address the issue at hand. | 我觉得声明应该强调目前的情况 |
[04:25] | What issue? | 什么情况 |
[04:26] | That there’s a Muslim American working | 你是指有一名美国穆斯林 |
[04:28] | on the seventh floor of the State Department? | 在国务院的七楼工作吗 |
[04:31] | – No. – It’s his affiliation with the same mosque | -不是吧 -是他和引爆者从属的 |
[04:33] | that the bomber attended. | 那座清真寺之间的关系 |
[04:34] | She said no, dude. | 她说了不是 伙计 |
[04:35] | – Don’t dude me. – Okay, you know what? | -别叫我伙计 -好了 |
[04:37] | Let’s give this issue a chance to settle down, okay? | 让这件事慢慢消退 好吗 |
[04:42] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[04:42] | Daisy, tell me that the optics of me going to Montreal | 黛西 告诉我我去蒙特利尔 |
[04:46] | instead of standing by my fellow Americans in D.C. | 而不是在华盛顿陪着同胞 |
[04:50] | – are terrible. – But they’re not. | -是糟糕的选择 -不是的 |
[04:52] | I mean, honestly, I’d be more worried | 说实话 我更担心 |
[04:53] | about offending the Saudi Foreign Minister. | 冒犯到沙特外交大臣 |
[04:55] | The bombing investigation’s with the FBI, ma’am. | 联调局在调查爆炸案 国务卿 |
[04:57] | There’s nothing any of us can do right now. | 我们现在什么也做不了 |
[05:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:01] | Jay, dust off every brilliant | 杰伊 重新过一遍所有国务院 |
[05:04] | but underfunded solution to global blight | 对全球衰退有好办法 |
[05:06] | that State has ever had. | 但是缺钱的项目 |
[05:08] | If I’m going to be sipping champagne with Bill Gates, | 要是去跟比尔·盖茨喝香槟 |
[05:10] | I want ten great ideas that I can convince him were his. | 我要让他投资十个好项目 |
[05:13] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[05:15] | – Matt? – Yeah? | -马特 -什么事 |
[05:16] | Got a minute? | 有空吗 |
[05:17] | Sure. | 有 |
[05:19] | I don’t need to take the day off. | 我不需要休息一天 |
[05:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:23] | I didn’t realize I’d offered. | 我也没让你休息啊 |
[05:25] | Then what is this? The big “How are you doing? | 那这是干什么 问我怎么样吗 |
[05:27] | Is there anything I can help with” talk? | 有什么能帮到我的 |
[05:29] | More the | 只是想说 |
[05:30] | “I Just want you to know that I’m on your side” talk. | 我是站在你这边的 |
[05:34] | But, you know, those other things, too. | 不过 你说的也对 |
[05:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:39] | I’m just… worried about my mom. | 我只是 担心我妈妈 |
[05:42] | – Have you heard from her? – We’ve talked. | -有她消息吗 -我们通过话 |
[05:43] | She’s volunteering at the mosque now, | 她现在在清真寺做志愿者 |
[05:47] | which is a scary thought today. | 今天做这事很危险 |
[05:49] | Or tomorrow. | 明天也是 |
[05:50] | Media scrutiny over this donation | 等下一个大新闻出来 |
[05:53] | will blow over with the next news cycle. | 捐款的这事就会被淡忘 |
[05:55] | In an election year? | 在大选年吗 |
[05:56] | Anyone of substance will dismiss the story. | 任何有实质性的新闻都会冲淡这事 |
[05:59] | And what about the rest of the country? | 那国内其他地方呢 |
[06:04] | Let’s just wait and see. | 以后就知道了 |
[06:08] | Would you like the day off? | 你需要休息一天吗 |
[06:10] | See? | 看吧 |
[06:11] | I knew you dragged me in here to be all kind and considerate. | 我就知道你把我叫进来就是对我好 |
[06:15] | Honestly, | 说实话 |
[06:17] | I’d rather stay busy. | 我宁愿忙着 |
[06:20] | Then get back to work. | 那就回去工作吧 |
[06:24] | 凤凰城 亚利桑那州 | |
[06:25] | Details now emerging in this morning’s | 我们收到了今早发生在伊利诺伊州 |
[06:27] | suicide bombing in an Elmhurst, Illinois coffee shop. | 埃尔姆赫斯特市咖啡店的自杀式爆炸案的细节 |
[06:31] | Authorities confirm 21 dead, | 官方确认有21名死者 |
[06:33] | including the bomber, Atif Al-Mutaya, | 包括引爆者 阿蒂夫·阿尔穆塔 |
[06:35] | a native-born American citizen of Lebanese decent. | 他是一名有纯正黎巴嫩血统的土生土长美国人 |
[06:38] | Local to the area. | 本地人 |
[06:39] | Here’s a box of cords I have, | 我这里有一箱子电线 |
[06:40] | maybe something in here will work. | 或许有能用的 |
[06:41] | …FBI found a handwritten note | 联调局找到一张手写的纸条 |
[06:43] | pledging loyalty to ISIS. | 宣誓忠于伊斯兰国 |
[06:44] | Yeah, thanks but these aren’t gonna, | 谢谢 不过这些线 |
[06:46] | restore your Wi-Fi connectivity. | 没法恢复你的无线网络连接 |
[06:48] | …or how the bomber was radicalized… | …或者引爆者如何被极端化 |
[06:50] | Okay, what will? | 好吧 那什么可以 |
[06:52] | Well, I set up a wired network connection to test your modem, | 我设置了有线网络连接来测试你的调制解调器 |
[06:55] | checked for the valid IP address, | 检查了IP地址是否有效 |
[06:57] | and then reset the network circuit. | 然后重置了网络线路 |
[06:59] | I don’t need to hear your TED talk, | 别给我讲这些高深的东西 |
[07:00] | I just need the thing to play more than four channels. | 把其他的频道给我调出来就行 |
[07:03] | – Maybe a wireless repeater. – A what? | -有无线中继器吗 -什么东西 |
[07:07] | I just want to press a button and make it work. | 我只想按个按钮就能换台 |
[07:08] | I’m trying to explain… | 我是在跟你解释 |
[07:09] | I don’t want an explanation. I want a solution. | 我不想听解释 给我解决好 |
[07:12] | You can get a repeater at any electronics store. | 随便一家电器店都有无线中继器 |
[07:14] | So I need to get a new piece of equipment, which you don’t have. | 也就是说我要去买一台你没有的设备 |
[07:17] | Can’t you do anything? | 你就什么都做不了吗 |
[07:18] | …was a lone-wolf attack, | …是独狼式袭击 |
[07:20] | and not part of a larger | 不是大规模 |
[07:22] | coordinated strike, | 有预谋的袭击 |
[07:23] | but they stress… | 但是他们强调 |
[07:33] | Our government | 我们政府 |
[07:34] | has an ethical duty to hit those responsible | 应该狠狠教训制造了 |
[07:36] | – for the bombing hard. – The question is how? | -爆炸案的人 -问题是怎么教训 |
[07:38] | We’ve targeted strategic ISIS | 我们这几年已经除掉了 |
[07:39] | positions for years. | 对伊斯兰国有战略意义的位置 |
[07:41] | Oh, maybe it’s time to clean house once and for all. | 或许现在应该把他们一锅端掉 |
[07:42] | But you mean kill civilians. | 可那样会伤害平民 |
[07:44] | Aren’t we then guilty of using non-combatants as a means, | 这样我们就将平民作为战争手段 |
[07:46] | rather than an end? | 而不是目的 这样是不对的 |
[07:47] | That’s an interesting point. | 这个观点不错 |
[07:48] | But I’m not sure that Kant would agree with | 但是我觉得康德不会赞同 |
[07:50] | your take on the categorical imperative. | 你的这个绝对命令 |
[07:53] | Okay, that’s enough for today. | 好了 今天就到这 |
[07:54] | As always, please submit your response papers online | 和平常一样 请在周末前在网上 |
[07:57] | before the end of week so I don’t do anything crazy | 提交你们的心得报告 这样我就不会 |
[07:59] | like make plans for the weekend. | 给周末安排别的事了 |
[08:09] | Dr. Henry McCord? | 亨利·麦考德博士吗 |
[08:10] | Special Agent Paul Ross, FBI. | 我是联调局特工保罗·罗斯 |
[08:13] | – May I have a word? – Regarding? | -能谈谈吗 -谈什么 |
[08:15] | I’m the case officer for your former asset, | 我是你以前的线人迪米特里·派特洛夫的 |
[08:17] | Dmitri Petrov. | 案件负责人 |
[08:22] | What’s the charge? | 罪名是什么 |
[08:24] | Malicious destruction of property. | 恶意破坏财产 |
[08:25] | A Class 6 felony in Arizona. | 在亚利桑那州是六级重罪 |
[08:28] | A year in jail, minimum. | 最少一年刑期 |
[08:30] | And what sparked it? | 他为什么这么做 |
[08:31] | Besides being overqualified for a job | 除了因为在一份他显然不喜欢的 |
[08:32] | he’s clearly not crazy about. | 工作上大材小用 |
[08:34] | That or anything else. | 或是其他原因 |
[08:36] | It’s safe to say that his transition isn’t going smoothly. | 可以肯定地说 他的转型并不顺利 |
[08:41] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[08:43] | I haven’t seen or spoken to Dmitri in six months. | 我已经六个月未和迪米特里见面或通话 |
[08:45] | That’s protocol, I don’t know what you think I can do. | 程序如此 我不知道你认为我能做什么 |
[08:48] | Well, I figured if you got to know him pretty well | 我想着他是你线人时 |
[08:49] | when he was your asset, | 你对他相当了解 |
[08:51] | I was hoping you might be able to give me some insight | 我希望你或许能帮我了解 |
[08:53] | in what could be causing him to act out. | 他这么做可能的原因 |
[08:55] | You mean besides living in a strange city under a new identity, | 除了以新身份居住在陌生的城市 |
[08:58] | and being completely isolated from everyone in his former life? | 完全不能接触原来生活中的人吗 |
[09:01] | And I’m assuming that includes his sister, Talia. | 我猜也包括他的妹妹塔莉娅 |
[09:03] | Oh, he hasn’t seen or had contact with Talia in two years. | 他已经两年没见或联系塔莉娅了 |
[09:06] | She’s still in Moscow. | 她还在莫斯科 |
[09:08] | Still believing that her only living relative | 依旧以为她唯一活着的亲人 |
[09:10] | was tortured to death by the GRU. | 被格勒乌折磨致死 |
[09:12] | He knows that she’s alive, | 他知道她还活着 |
[09:13] | but he can’t see her or speak to her ever again. | 却再也不能见她或是跟她联系 |
[09:15] | I– it’s a lot. | 这太沉重 |
[09:17] | It’s no wonder he’s struggling. | 难怪他在挣扎 |
[09:18] | Yeah, the, uh, the loneliness is getting to him. | 是的 他快要被孤独击垮 |
[09:22] | This isn’t an isolated incident. | 这不是孤立事件 |
[09:25] | Dr. McCord, I’m afraid he’s about to blow his cover, | 麦考德博士 恐怕他要暴露身份 |
[09:28] | in which case he becomes a liability to himself and the country. | 若真如此 他会危害到自身及国家 |
[09:32] | It’s a Hail Mary, but I thought maybe seeing you, | 算是孤注一掷 但我想可能让他见你 |
[09:35] | a familiar face, someone with whom he has history, | 这个熟悉的面孔 跟他有过往的人 |
[09:38] | might help. | 可能有帮助 |
[09:40] | It’s a complicated history. | 我跟他的过去很复杂 |
[09:42] | Well, like I said, it’s a Hail Mary. | 所以我说是孤注一掷 |
[09:47] | I just think colleges would love to hear about | 我认为大学会想知道 |
[09:49] | something unique to you. | 你的特别之处 |
[09:50] | You mean unique to Mom and you. | 你是说对老妈和你而言的特别之处 |
[09:52] | Hey, it’s your life, too. | 这也是你的生活 |
[09:54] | You can either learn to embrace it or not. | 你可以选择接受或不接受 |
[09:56] | Oh, I vote for embracing it. | 我支持欣然接受 |
[09:58] | – Hi, Mom. – Oh, Noodle. | -老妈 -宝贝 |
[10:00] | Don’t go away to college. | 别去上大学 |
[10:02] | Stay home and work at the yogurt shop. | 待在家经营酸奶店吧 |
[10:04] | Okay, this is freaking me out more than the terrorist bombing. | 你这样比恐怖爆炸事件还可怕 |
[10:06] | Come on, Stevie’s gonna be moving out soon. | 拜托 斯蒂芬就快搬出去了 |
[10:09] | You can’t leave me alone with all these boys. | 你不能留我自己跟这些男人住 |
[10:11] | I haven’t even gotten in yet. | 我还没被录取呢 |
[10:13] | Not that I will on my own merit. | 估计靠我自己的优点也进不了 |
[10:15] | We were just brainstorming college essay topics. | 我们只是在为大学申请文章主题集思广益 |
[10:17] | The prompt is, “write about a significant event in your life”? | 内容是”记一件你人生中重要的事”吗 |
[10:21] | I want to write about something I did, | 我想写我主动做过的事 |
[10:23] | not something that happened to me while I stood in your shadow. | 而不是在你们阴影下发生在我身上的事 |
[10:26] | Of course not. | 当然不用 |
[10:28] | Write about one of your own interests. | 你可以写一个你自己的兴趣 |
[10:30] | Maybe something about fashion or design. | 时尚或设计什么的 |
[10:35] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:36] | It’s right in front of me. | 我怎么没想到 |
[10:38] | I’ll write about the time | 我要写我的化妆教程 |
[10:39] | my makeup tutorial got 250,000 hits on YouTube. | 在视频网站上有25万点击量的那次经历 |
[10:44] | – You could totally expand on that. – That’s an idea. | -你完全可以详述一番 -这主意不错 |
[10:46] | That could go in so many directions. | 可以多方面论述 |
[10:48] | Okay, this is good, I feel better. | 太好了 我感觉好多了 |
[10:51] | I’ll start an outline and I’ll have a draft for you guys | 我开始拟大纲 在老爸从凤凰城 |
[10:54] | before Dad gets back from his conference in Phoenix. | 开会回来之前给你们看草稿 |
[10:58] | Hey, look, if her essay really stinks, | 如果她的文章真的很糟 |
[11:00] | it’s her guidance counselor’s job to tell her, right? | 做指导顾问的就要告诉她对吧 |
[11:03] | We’re not touching that one. | 我们不能触及这个话题 |
[11:07] | So Phoenix– you’re really going? | 你真的要去凤凰城吗 |
[11:10] | Yeah, if Dmitri’s cover’s blown, | 是的 如果迪米特里暴露了 |
[11:12] | it could cause a lot of problems, not just for him. | 会引发很多问题 不仅是他自己的问题 |
[11:14] | You know, don’t-don’t take this the wrong way, | 别误解我的意思 |
[11:16] | but I just, I can’t really believe that | 但我不敢相信 |
[11:18] | with all the people that | 联调局和国情局 |
[11:19] | the FBI and the DIA have at their disposal, | 有那么多可以调配的人 |
[11:23] | the only one who can handle this job is you. | 能胜任这份工作的却只有你 |
[11:26] | – Is there a right way to take that? – Yes. | -你是不是有什么想说的 -是 |
[11:28] | I need you… here, now. | 我现在需要你留在这里 |
[11:32] | Our daughter is about to | 我们的女儿即将 |
[11:34] | write her life-defining essay on eye shadow. | 以眼影为主题来写关乎她终生的文章 |
[11:37] | You can’t, you can’t just leave me alone | 你不能留我自己处理 |
[11:39] | with college and the State Department. | 大学和国务院的事 |
[11:41] | State Department? How could I… | 国务院 我怎么会 |
[11:43] | You know what, by the way, | 还有 你知道吗 |
[11:44] | I am really mad at you. | 我真的很生你气 |
[11:46] | – You’re mad at me? – Yes, for not getting this. | -你生我的气 -是的 因为你不明白 |
[11:48] | For making me spell it out. | 非要让我说出来 |
[11:49] | You know, you, with all your | 你还有你的 |
[11:50] | heightened-intelligence skill and all that. | 高智商技能之类的 |
[11:53] | – Really. – Are you finished? | -说真的 -你说完了吗 |
[11:55] | And you don’t need to go all the way to Arizona for a hug. | 你不需要跑到亚利桑那州 就为了一个拥抱 |
[11:59] | Now I’m done. | 现在我说完了 |
[12:03] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[12:04] | Good morning, ma’am. | 早上好 国务卿 |
[12:06] | This looks like more on the bombing in Illinois. | 看起来事关伊利诺伊州的爆炸事件 |
[12:09] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[12:10] | Uh, because of Matt’s connection, | 因为涉及到马特 |
[12:12] | I’ve asked the FBI to liaise with me directly. | 我让联调局直接与我联络 |
[12:14] | It turns out Atif Al-Mutaya | 事实表明阿蒂夫·阿尔穆塔 |
[12:16] | wasn’t just sightseeing in Mecca. | 在麦加不只是观光 |
[12:18] | He studied bomb-making | 他在那附近的一所 |
[12:18] | at an ISIS-affiliated madrassa near there. | 伊斯兰国附属宗教学校学习制作炸弹 |
[12:22] | Please tell me that the mosque Matt goes to isn’t implicated. | 拜托告诉我马特去的清真寺没有牵涉其中 |
[12:27] | Their role in the bomber’s radicalization | 他们在炸弹袭击者激进表现中的角色 |
[12:28] | is still unclear. | 尚不明确 |
[12:29] | But the Saudi government’s is not. | 但沙特政府不是 |
[12:33] | The FBI found out who funds the madrassa | 联调局已查明是谁资助了 |
[12:36] | that gave Al-Mutaya the training, | 那所为阿尔穆塔实施袭击 |
[12:38] | the material support, and inspiration | 提供培训 物质支持并授意的 |
[12:42] | to carry out his attack. | 宗教学校 |
[12:44] | It’s an humanitarian NGO | 是一个人道主义非政府组织 |
[12:46] | whose top donor is Majeed Amjad. | 其最大捐赠者是马吉德·阿姆贾德 |
[12:49] | That name isn’t familiar. | 这名字不耳熟 |
[12:51] | He’s a top advisor to the Saudi minister of Education. | 他是沙特教育部长的首席顾问 |
[12:53] | High in the government of our most important | 在我们最主要的石油供应商 |
[12:55] | oil provider, arms customer, and ally in the Gulf. | 军火客户 海湾同盟的政府中身居高位 |
[12:58] | Technically, Amjad is not a member of the government, | 确切来说 阿姆贾德不是政府成员 |
[13:01] | but the minister does not make a move without him. | 但部长每次行动都有他参与 |
[13:04] | Apart from his nationality, | 除了其国籍 |
[13:05] | which makes Majeed Amjad untouchable, | 让我们动不了马吉德·阿姆贾德 |
[13:08] | the fact that his cousin is the foreign minister | 他表弟是外交部长这一事实 |
[13:11] | makes him uranium. | 更让他坚不可摧 |
[13:12] | How solid it this information? | 这情报可靠[硬]吗 |
[13:14] | You could chip a tooth on it. | 比你的牙还硬 |
[13:19] | Last year, the Saudi government | 去年 沙特政府 |
[13:21] | skirted its connection to the dirty bomb. | 避过了同脏弹的关联 |
[13:25] | I’m not letting this one slide. | 我绝不能再放任下去了 |
[13:27] | Not this time. | 这次不行 |
[13:29] | Good morning, Madam Secretary. | 早上好 国务卿女士 |
[13:30] | Coffee? | 要咖啡吗 |
[13:32] | What I really need is the Saudi ambassador. | 我真正需要的是沙特大使 |
[13:35] | Now! | 立刻 |
[13:38] | Alexander Mironov, you’re free to go. | 亚历山大·米罗诺夫 你可以离开了 |
[13:44] | Who posted bail? | 谁保释了我 |
[13:46] | Your fairy godmother. | 你的仙女教母 |
[13:54] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[14:09] | Ma’am, Prince Asim, the Saudi ambassador, is here. | 国务卿 沙特大使阿西姆王子到了 |
[14:12] | Show him in. | 请他进来 |
[14:19] | Madam Secretary, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia | 国务卿女士 沙特阿拉伯王国 |
[14:21] | strongly rejects the allegations | 强烈反对你国政府 |
[14:23] | your government leveled against Majeed Amjad. | 对马吉德·阿姆贾德的指控 |
[14:25] | I have a direct line from Amjad to 21 dead Americans. | 我有阿姆贾德同21名美国人死亡的直接联系 |
[14:30] | You give me one good reason | 给我一个好理由 |
[14:31] | why I shouldn’t put Saudi Arabia on the List | 我为何不该将沙特列为 |
[14:33] | of State Sponsors of Terrorism. | 支持恐怖主义的国家 |
[14:35] | – You’re threatening to cease trading arms to us? – Yes. | -你在威胁停止与我国的军火贸易 -是的 |
[14:38] | And cripple your military | 削弱你们的军队 |
[14:40] | unless you bring Majeed Amjad to justice. | 除非你们将马吉德·阿姆贾德绳之以法 |
[14:43] | Madam Secretary, my country is | 国务卿女士 我国 |
[14:45] | a proven and rigorous counter-terrorism ally | 是久经考验的坚定反恐盟友 |
[14:47] | that provided, among other things, crucial information | 我们提供的信息中包括能将沙希德组织首领 |
[14:50] | that brought hizb al-Shahid’s leader to justice. | 绳之以法的关键信息 |
[14:53] | And yet, Wahhabists wield a strong influence in your government | 但瓦哈比派依然在你国政府有强大影响力 |
[14:57] | and inspire ISIS fighters throughout the Gulf | 鼓励伊斯兰国战士在海湾战争中 |
[15:00] | to marginalize your Shia minority and attack the West. | 排斥什叶少数派并攻击西方 |
[15:05] | If that is really what you and President Dalton think… | 如果你和道尔顿总统真这么想 |
[15:07] | No, those are facts. | 不 这些是事实 |
[15:10] | Then I only have to wait a month | 那我只能再等一个月 |
[15:11] | to meet our next dance partner. | 与下一个执政的伙伴商谈 |
[15:15] | You mean Fred Reynolds, | 你是说弗雷德·雷诺 |
[15:17] | who wants to turn away from the international community? | 这个想脱离国际社会的人 |
[15:20] | Or-or Sam Evans, | 还是山姆·埃文斯 |
[15:22] | who bears a strong distrust of the entire Middle East? | 这个对整个中东极其不信任的人 |
[15:26] | Believe me, compared to the other presidential candidates, | 相信我 跟其他总统候选人相比 |
[15:30] | we’re the best date in town. | 我们算是最好的合作伙伴了 |
[15:33] | Both you and I know your boldness is misplaced. | 你和我都知道你的胆魄不合时宜 |
[15:35] | Hardly. The U.S. is moving away | 并不 美国正从 |
[15:39] | from being a net importer of oil to being a net exporter. | 石油净进口国向石油净出口国转变 |
[15:43] | Until then, we provide most of the oil | 在那之前 我们仍为你们在亚洲 |
[15:45] | to your biggest trade partners in Asia. | 最大贸易伙伴供给大部分石油 |
[15:47] | Or we could stop. | 不然我们停止也行 |
[15:50] | And risk losing those customers to us forever? | 冒着将客户永远流失给我们的风险吗 |
[15:55] | I mean, you’d really shoot your economy | 你们真的要为了一个顾问 |
[15:57] | in the foot over one consultant? | 而自毁经济吗 |
[15:59] | You’d really destroy the U.S.-Saudi relationship | 你真的要破坏美沙关系 |
[16:02] | and send the American economy into a tailspin | 让美国经济在大选当前之时 |
[16:04] | right before an election? | 陷入萧条吗 |
[16:09] | But, as a formality, | 但是 出于形式 |
[16:11] | I will bring your request to the King. | 我会将你的要求传达给国王 |
[16:13] | It’s the least I can do for an old friend. | 这是我唯一能为老朋友做的了 |
[16:17] | Presidential hopefuls Governor Sam Evans | 总统候选人山姆·埃文斯州长 |
[16:20] | and Senator Fred Reynolds are clamoring for action | 及弗雷德·雷诺参议员今日强烈要求 |
[16:23] | from the Dalton administration today. | 道尔顿政府采取行动 |
[16:24] | This Matt Mahoney story | 本次马特·马奥尼事件 |
[16:26] | just keeps getting bigger, doesn’t it? | 正在持续发酵 是吗 |
[16:27] | Well, it wouldn’t be an election year if it didn’t. | 这是自然 今年是竞选年 |
[16:29] | Let’s take a look. | 我们来看一下前方报道 |
[16:30] | Senator Reynolds! | 雷诺参议员 |
[16:30] | What do you make of the allegations leveled | 请问您对麦考德国务卿的演讲撰稿人 |
[16:32] | against Secretary McCord’s speech writer? | 所面临的指控有何看法 |
[16:34] | I’m more interested in hearing from him. | 我更想听听他的想法 |
[16:35] | His silence is an insult to the victims’ families. | 他的沉默是对遇难者家属的冒犯 |
[16:38] | If I were Dalton, | 如果我是道尔顿 |
[16:39] | I’d make him talk. | 我肯定会要求他站出来表态 |
[16:40] | Matt Mahoney has the highest security clearance in the land. | 马特·马奥尼享有美国最高的安全等级 |
[16:44] | Yet does not feel the need | 却认为并没有必要 |
[16:45] | to deny his ties to the Illinois bomber. | 与伊利诺伊炸弹袭击事件撇清关系 |
[16:48] | It’s very interesting that | 有意思的是 |
[16:50] | a Muslim under FBI investigation | 一名正在接受联调局调查的穆斯林 |
[16:53] | gets to keep his mouth shut, | 竟然可以保持沉默 |
[16:55] | keep his job, | 保住工作 |
[16:56] | and keep endangering our safety. | 还能继续对我们的安全造成威胁 |
[16:58] | I call on Dalton to suspend him | 我呼吁道尔顿将他停职 |
[17:01] | until we know what’s going on. | 直到事件水落石出 |
[17:03] | I want to know what’s going on. | 我想知道事情的真相 |
[17:04] | What’s going on? | 找出真相 |
[17:06] | What’s going on? | 找出真相 |
[17:08] | What’s going on? What’s going on? | 找出真相 找出真相 |
[17:11] | So how should Dalton handle Matt Mahoney? | 道尔顿该怎么处理马特·马奥尼事件呢 |
[17:14] | It’s metastasizing. What are we gonna do about it? | 事态在扩大 我们该怎么办 |
[17:17] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了[找出真相] |
[17:18] | Interesting choice of greeting. | 这开场白真是巧了 |
[17:20] | It’s the top trending hashtag, | 这是现在最火的话题 |
[17:21] | and soon to be keyed into the side of my car. | 而且马上就会被人用钥匙划在我车门上 |
[17:23] | I figured I’d make it work for me. | 我觉得我应该把它用起来 |
[17:25] | Okay, I’m gonna go. | 好吧 我先走了 |
[17:29] | What’s she worried about now? | 她在担心什么 |
[17:31] | Everything. | 什么都担心 |
[17:32] | Always. | 一直如此 |
[17:35] | How was your interview with the FBI? | 联调局的会谈怎么样 |
[17:37] | Fine, in and out in a half an hour. | 没什么事 断断续续进行了半小时 |
[17:39] | I’m actually here to talk to you about something else. | 我来找你是有其他事 |
[17:42] | Do you know why Russell Jackson | 你知道拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[17:44] | called me into his office? | 为什么让我去他办公室吗 |
[17:45] | I was not informed of this meeting. | 这件事我并不知情 |
[17:47] | I knew it. He’s firing me. | 我就知道 他打算解雇我 |
[17:49] | That’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[17:50] | We’re a few weeks out from the election, | 离大选只有几周了 |
[17:51] | and it’s neck and neck | 几位候选人不相上下 |
[17:53] | If it gives Dalton a spike in the polls, | 如果这次事件导致道尔顿的民调下滑 |
[17:54] | Russell will not hesitate to gut me. | 拉塞尔肯定会毫不犹豫地开了我 |
[17:56] | The accusations are groundless. | 你这指控毫无依据 |
[17:58] | That man is many things, | 他性格有很多方面 |
[18:00] | but reactionary is not one of them. | 但他绝不保守 |
[18:03] | Besides, State’s not his jurisdiction. | 况且 国务院并不是他的管辖范围 |
[18:06] | If anyone’s gonna fire you, it’ll be the Secretary… | 如果有人要解雇你 那也该是国务卿 |
[18:09] | or me. | 或者我 |
[18:10] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[18:11] | I find that oddly comforting. | 我居然觉得这话莫名地安慰 |
[18:16] | Okay, Alexander Mironov, you’re all set. | 好了 亚历山大·米罗诺夫 都解决了 |
[18:18] | Your court date is next month. | 下个月开庭 |
[18:19] | I found some legal aid who’ll represent you pro bono. | 我帮你找了愿意无偿为你辩护的法律援助 |
[18:23] | I will pay you back for bail. | 保释费我会还你的 |
[18:24] | That’s not necessary. | 没这必要 |
[18:25] | I don’t want to owe you anything. | 我不想欠你 |
[18:30] | Now I’m kicking television screens, | 我砸了电视 |
[18:32] | so they sent you to find out why? | 所以他们派你来查是怎么回事吗 |
[18:35] | I have a hunch | 直觉告诉我 |
[18:36] | it’s more than just feeling isolated. | 这不仅仅是因为你觉得孤立无援 |
[18:38] | And your visit’s supposed to cure me. | 所以你来找我是来治愈我的 |
[18:40] | Come on, I’m here as a friend. | 别这样 我是以朋友的身份来的 |
[18:48] | I was a captain in the Russian army. | 我曾经是俄罗斯陆军上尉 |
[18:52] | A systems analyst with a masters in political science. | 精通政治学的系统分析家 |
[18:55] | I had my sister, Talia, real friends. | 我有我的妹妹塔莉娅 还有真正的朋友 |
[18:58] | I had a community in Russia | 我在俄罗斯有我的圈子 |
[19:00] | and in Washington. | 在华盛顿也有 |
[19:01] | I had a place in the world, | 我在这个世界上有自己的一席之地 |
[19:04] | a path forward. | 还有美好前程 |
[19:04] | I can’t imagine how hard all this has been on you. | 我无法想象这一切对你有多残酷 |
[19:06] | You’re right, you can’t. | 没错 你想象不出来 |
[19:11] | A-a woman tried to flirt with me the other night at a bar, | 有一天晚上 有个女人在酒吧与我调情 |
[19:14] | and for a second | 有那么一瞬间 |
[19:15] | I-I felt something real between us. | 我觉得我们之间的感情是真实的 |
[19:17] | And then she asked me where I was from, | 然后她问我来自哪里 |
[19:19] | and I had to start giving her | 我就只能把亚历山大·米罗诺夫 |
[19:21] | Alexander Mironov’s made-up history. | 那捏造出来的身世告诉她 |
[19:22] | You know, I ju– I couldn’t do it. | 你知道吗 我真的做不到 |
[19:24] | I just… That’s what the last six months | 我这过去半年 |
[19:26] | has been like for me. | 过的就是这样的日子 |
[19:27] | You know, what’s the point? | 这有什么意义 |
[19:30] | Listen, just because you have a cover story | 用捏造的故事来掩饰身份 |
[19:33] | doesn’t diminish who you are. | 并不能抹杀真正的你 |
[19:34] | So what? The world gets more dangerous, | 那又怎样 世界变得越来越不安全 |
[19:36] | and all I can do is watch it on TV. | 而我只能眼睁睁地通过电视看着这一切 |
[19:38] | The bombing– the woman who pressed charges | 起诉你的那位女士说 |
[19:40] | said you were watching coverage of it. | 你当时正在看炸弹袭击事件的报道 |
[19:42] | Is that what set you off? | 是这件事刺激了你吗 |
[19:45] | Look, if I came to you and I said that, | 如果我告诉你 |
[19:47] | that you had to stop helping the world, | 你不能继续拯救世界了 |
[19:49] | how would you react? | 你会有什么反应 |
[19:52] | Take me back with you. | 带我回去吧 |
[19:54] | To D.C. | 回华府 |
[19:56] | With my knowledge of the Russian army | 凭我对俄罗斯军队的了解 |
[19:58] | and my expertise in computers, | 以及在计算机方面的专业知识 |
[20:00] | I-I can be valuable. I can help. | 我会很有价值的 我能帮得上忙 |
[20:02] | Please. Without this, | 拜托了 不然 |
[20:04] | I don’t know what I have left to live for. | 我不知道我活着还有什么意思 |
[20:13] | What’s this? | 这是什么意思 |
[20:15] | You need backup? | 还带了帮手来 |
[20:16] | I didn’t bring her. She met me. | 不是我带她来的 偶遇 |
[20:19] | I act when the White House imposes its will | 白宫对我的部门指手画脚 |
[20:22] | on my department. | 我自然该采取行动 |
[20:24] | I want you to write a speech. | 我想让你写一篇演讲稿 |
[20:27] | That’s it? | 就这样 |
[20:30] | Wait, is it, is it for the president? | 等等 是为总统写的吗 |
[20:32] | You wish. | 想得美 |
[20:34] | You’ll deliver it. | 由你来演讲 |
[20:36] | A public statement personally condemning radical Islam | 以个人的名义公开谴责伊斯兰激进派 |
[20:39] | and this latest sickening act of terror. | 以及最近的这次令人发指的恐怖袭击 |
[20:41] | Get out in front of the cameras, | 站到镜头前 |
[20:43] | say your piece, and this goes away. | 把该说的说了 这事就到此为止了 |
[20:46] | It’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[20:49] | No. | 不行 |
[20:51] | No? | 不行 |
[20:52] | No to what? | 什么不行 |
[20:57] | I’m offering you a chance to put down | 我这是在给你机会 |
[20:59] | this offensive donation story | 把这冒犯了大众的捐款事件 |
[21:01] | once and for all. | 一次性解决 |
[21:02] | Hell, you could even move some people in the process. | 说不定还有不少人会被你感动呢 |
[21:06] | You are uniquely qualified to speak on behalf of a people | 由你来为这没什么发言权的民族发声 |
[21:10] | who don’t get much of a voice these days. | 最合适不过了 |
[21:13] | And, yeah, does it serve the president? | 至于能不能为总统带来好处 |
[21:15] | You bet your ass it does, but it also serves your country. | 当然能 这同时也是为你的国家效力 |
[21:18] | You, of all people, should get this. | 这件事 你是不二人选 |
[21:21] | The fear mongers won’t be any more convinced | 无论我说还是不说 |
[21:23] | whether I say something or not. | 这些引发公众恐惧的人都不会相信 |
[21:25] | Well, then, make a statement, man. | 那就公开声明 |
[21:27] | If not for them, | 就算不为他们 |
[21:27] | for you, for your people. | 为了你自己 为了你的族人 |
[21:29] | For the sanity of this country. | 为了让这个国家保持清醒 |
[21:32] | Nadine, help me out here. | 纳丁 快帮我劝劝他 |
[21:35] | Mr. Mahoney has a point. | 马奥尼先生说的有道理 |
[21:41] | Do you two… | 你们两个 |
[21:43] | comprehend the mountains I have to move | 是想在十一月大选之前 |
[21:46] | between now and November?! | 给我制造个大麻烦吗 |
[21:48] | Not to mention, investigating and preventing | 更不用说还要调查和阻止真正的恐怖分子 |
[21:50] | actual terrorists from slaughtering Americans | 继续在这美国人民工作和玩乐的地方 |
[21:54] | at home, where they work and play. | 大肆屠杀 |
[21:57] | Do you know what silence looks like? | 你知道在外人看来沉默意味着什么吗 |
[21:59] | It looks like support! | 意味着支持 |
[22:01] | Or do you actually support Jihadists? | 还是说 你的确支持圣战主义者 |
[22:03] | That’s what the people will want to know, | 这就是民众想要知道的 |
[22:05] | Matthew Asad Mahoney. | 马修·阿萨德·马奥尼 |
[22:27] | Russell, we need to talk. | 拉塞尔 我们需要谈一谈 |
[22:29] | You know I have a heart condition. | 你知道我心脏不好 |
[22:31] | Better lay off the coffee. | 那最好把咖啡戒了 |
[22:33] | You sound like my wife. | 你这话说得跟我妻子似的 |
[22:35] | You ignore her calls, too? | 她的电话你也不接吗 |
[22:37] | I’ve been busy. | 太忙了 |
[22:39] | Thanks to your mute speechwriter, | 多谢你那沉默的演讲撰稿人 |
[22:41] | I’ve become the chum for the media’s feeding frenzy. | 现在我成了媒体攻击的目标了 |
[22:43] | Well, part of his civil liberties | 保持沉默 |
[22:45] | include maintaining his silence. | 是他享有的公民自由的一部分 |
[22:47] | If you don’t bring him to heel now, | 如果你不尽快让他就范 |
[22:50] | Evans’ll get elected. | 埃文斯就要当选了 |
[22:51] | There’ll be no civil liberties left to defend. | 那就别想有什么公民自由了 |
[22:53] | Or Reynolds will win | 或者是雷诺当选 |
[22:54] | and hit the mute button on the entire State Department. | 那他会让整个国务院禁声 |
[22:56] | How about we stop persecuting innocent Americans | 不要再为伊利诺伊州的炸弹袭击事件 |
[22:59] | for the Illinois bombing | 指责无辜的美国公民了 |
[23:01] | when we have the real culprit finally | 因为我们终于把真正的罪魁祸首 |
[23:04] | within our grasp? | 控制起来了 |
[23:07] | King Hani’s office | 哈尼国王的办公室 |
[23:09] | made it quite clear. | 态度很明确 |
[23:10] | Majeed Amjad is nowhere near our grasp. | 马吉德·阿姆贾德不在我们掌控之中 |
[23:13] | You spoke with the Saudis? | 你和沙特方面谈过了 |
[23:14] | Well, someone had to reassure them | 你以他们的国家安全为要挟 |
[23:16] | after you threatened their national security. | 总得有人去安抚一下吧 |
[23:18] | Doesn’t Amjad threaten ours? | 阿姆贾德不是也威胁到我们的安全了吗 |
[23:21] | Look, I’d love to roast the bastard on a spit, | 我很想把这个混蛋千刀万剐 |
[23:24] | but not by annihilating a 70-year alliance. | 但是不能以毁掉七十年的同盟为代价 |
[23:27] | With one of the main influencers of outcomes | 他们对叙利亚和伊拉克局势 |
[23:30] | in Syria and Iraq. | 有重大影响 |
[23:32] | Russell, I know. | 拉塞尔 这我知道 |
[23:33] | Yes, and we both know there’s a better chance | 你我也都清楚 我们现在有机会 |
[23:35] | of resolving those quagmires on Conrad’s watch. | 在康拉德任期内解决掉这些棘手的难题 |
[23:39] | How about the chance to leave a legacy | 那为后世留下一个遗产怎么样 |
[23:42] | where we stand up to a government that | 我们公开反对一个 |
[23:44] | criminalizes dissent and-and practices gender apartheid? | 排除异己并实行性别隔离的政府 |
[23:47] | A government that sabotages our security. | 一个危害到我们国家安全的政府 |
[23:51] | Either way, we need four more years | 无论怎样 我们都需要另一个四年 |
[23:53] | and for that, we need votes. | 而要做到这一点 我们需要选票 |
[23:57] | You’re worried about the number of Americans | 你是在担心 会有很多 |
[23:59] | who lose manufacturing jobs | 从事制造业的美国公民 |
[24:01] | if I halt arms sales to the Saudis. | 因为我对沙特实施军备禁售而失去工作 |
[24:03] | About nine billion in sales. | 大约九十亿的销售额 |
[24:05] | That’s a lot of votes for Reynolds or Evans. | 那投票给雷诺或埃文斯的就会非常多 |
[24:08] | Listen, I appreciate this doesn’t | 我明白 |
[24:10] | jive with your new foreign policy. | 这和你的新外交政策不合 |
[24:13] | Our new policy was never about short-term strategic gains. | 我们的新政策从不关乎短期战略收益 |
[24:17] | We designed it to rock the boat. | 我们出台它是为了打破现状 |
[24:20] | We need to take a stand. | 我们需要表明立场 |
[24:21] | You’re right… | 你说得对 |
[24:22] | but not today. | 但不是今天 |
[24:24] | – Just let it slide. – Russell… | -听其自然吧 -拉塞尔 |
[24:25] | And please, there is no going to Conrad on this. | 康拉德不能知道这点 |
[24:28] | He’s in the Oval Office right now, | 他现在在总统办公室 |
[24:30] | consoling the Illinois bombing victims’ families. | 抚慰伊利诺伊州爆炸受害者的家属 |
[24:32] | It’s not the time. | 还不是时候 |
[24:37] | When will it be the time? | 什么时候才到时候 |
[24:40] | Just not today. | 只不过不是今天 |
[24:54] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[24:57] | Can I help you, Ms… | 有什么能帮您吗 您贵姓 |
[24:58] | Butler. Victoria Butler. | 巴特勒 维多利亚·巴特勒 |
[25:00] | Ah, Victoria. | 维多利亚 |
[25:01] | This is Cara. | 这是卡拉 |
[25:02] | My daughter. My baby. | 我的女儿 我的孩子 |
[25:04] | Ma’am, please, stay with the group. | 夫人 请待在队伍中 |
[25:06] | It’s-it’s all right. | 没事的 |
[25:07] | Give us a minute, Lucy, will you? | 让我们单独谈谈好吗 露西 |
[25:16] | She’s my youngest. | 她是我最小的孩子 |
[25:18] | My baby. | 我的宝贝 |
[25:19] | I’m so very sorry. | 非常遗憾 |
[25:23] | It… she had just gotten her driver’s license. | 她刚刚拿到驾照 |
[25:28] | And it-it-it was the first time she was allowed | 那是我们第一次允许她 |
[25:30] | to take the car out alone. | 自己开车出去 |
[25:32] | I mean, just to get some coffee. | 只是去喝个咖啡 |
[25:34] | And here I was worried | 我担心 |
[25:35] | that she was gonna get into an accident. | 她会出交通事故 |
[25:39] | But I have been reading in the news | 但我从新闻里听到 |
[25:41] | that the FBI is investigating | 联邦调查局正在调查 |
[25:44] | a Saudi citizen who’s funding the attack? | 资助此次袭击的一个沙特公民 |
[25:48] | And they’re saying that he’s a government consultant. | 新闻里说 他是政府顾问 |
[25:53] | Unfortunately, it’s true. | 很不幸 这是真的 |
[25:56] | Well, what are you doing about it? | 那你们打算怎么做 |
[25:59] | When I asked the president, | 我问了总统 |
[26:00] | he said that the guilty parties would be held accountable, | 他说 有罪的一方将被追究责任 |
[26:04] | given that the Saudis have been linked to attacks in the past | 鉴于沙特之前一直和袭击相关 |
[26:08] | and nothing has been done… | 而政府却无作为 |
[26:14] | Now that is my little girl. | 现在才导致我的女儿发生惨案 |
[26:17] | I want them to pay. | 我要他们付出代价 |
[26:21] | When can that happen, Madam Secretary? | 什么时候这才能实现 国务卿女士 |
[26:22] | Do you know? | 你知道吗 |
[26:24] | Soon, I hope. | 我希望很快 |
[26:28] | I wish I could be more specific. | 我希望能给出更确切的时间 |
[26:32] | And I know that’s a useless thing to say to you right now. | 我知道现在这么说没什么用 |
[26:53] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[26:55] | Do you have any plans for this evening? | 你今晚有什么安排吗 |
[26:59] | Going home to my wife and child, | 回家陪老婆孩子 |
[27:02] | whom I love very much. | 我很爱他们 |
[27:07] | In your dreams, Whitman. | 在你的梦中 惠特曼 |
[27:10] | I’m asking you to go out with Matt. | 我在让你和马特出去约会 |
[27:12] | He’s in his office right now, | 他现在在他的办公室 |
[27:14] | channeling Ingmar Bergman. | 看英格玛·伯格曼[瑞典导演]的电影 |
[27:18] | Yeah, he told me about how he left it with Russell. | 他告诉了我他和拉塞尔的事儿 |
[27:21] | Kind of seemed like he wanted to be alone. | 看起来像他想要一个人呆着 |
[27:24] | Did he say that to you? | 他亲口告诉你的吗 |
[27:25] | Well, no, but… | 不是 但 |
[27:28] | See, this is why male bonding was invented. | 这就是兄弟情谊存在的原因 |
[27:30] | To free those bottled feelings, | 去释放压抑的情感 |
[27:32] | perhaps over beer or televised sports. | 通过喝啤酒或者看比赛 |
[27:37] | My specialties: beer, sports and… | 我的专长就是 喝啤酒 看比赛 |
[27:41] | feelings. | 处理感情 |
[27:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:48] | Is it bad | 我让布莱克取消 |
[27:50] | that I made Blake cancel my trip to Montreal? | 我的蒙特利尔之行 是不是很糟糕 |
[27:52] | I just couldn’t face the Saudi Foreign Minister. | 我就是无法面对沙特外交部长 |
[27:54] | Uh, well, what does Nadine say? | 纳丁怎么说 |
[27:56] | You know, decorum and all. | 礼仪之类的 |
[27:58] | She came around. | 她来过 |
[28:00] | Honestly, Blake took it harder. | 实话说 布莱克更难过 |
[28:01] | He was looking forward to Lake Como | 他很期待去科莫湖 |
[28:03] | travel recommendations from George Clooney. | 这是乔治·克鲁尼的旅行建议 |
[28:06] | So, we both killed some dreams today. | 今天咱俩都梦想破碎了 |
[28:10] | Dmitri? | 迪米特里 |
[28:11] | I was afraid to ask. | 我不敢问 |
[28:14] | Okay, tell me if this is crazy, but is there any possible way | 告诉我这是不是疯了 有没有一点可能 |
[28:17] | that Dmitri could come back and work for U.S. intelligence? | 迪米特里回来供职于美国情报机构 |
[28:20] | We promised | 我们向俄国保证 |
[28:21] | the Russians we would never use Dmitri as an asset again. | 我们再也不会让迪米特里做线人 |
[28:24] | But even if we went around their back, | 即使我们背着他们 |
[28:26] | it wouldn’t take long for GRU to find out. | 俄情局很快也会发现的 |
[28:28] | Yeah, I pretty much implied that today. | 我今天也这么暗示了 |
[28:30] | Tell me why we signed up for these jobs again? | 再告诉我 我们为什么要参与这些工作 |
[28:33] | I don’t know how I’m gonna face him tomorrow. | 我不知道明天该怎么面对他 |
[28:35] | I’m-I’m sorry I can’t do more. | 对不起 我不能再做了 |
[28:40] | I do have one more question | 我的确还有一个问题 |
[28:41] | and it’s another long shot. | 希望也很渺茫 |
[28:45] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[28:48] | They’re still down, huh? | 他们依旧落后 是吧 |
[28:50] | Guess I didn’t miss much. Hi. | 看来我没有错过太多 |
[28:52] | This field goal should tie it up. | 这次投篮得分应该能追平 |
[28:58] | That was exciting. | 太激动了 |
[29:00] | Should we call it? | 我们到此为止吧 |
[29:04] | How about another round? | 再喝一轮怎么样 |
[29:05] | I feel like we haven’t… | 我想我们没有 |
[29:06] | I feel like we barely talked. | 我感觉我们都没怎么说话 |
[29:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:12] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[29:14] | Are you having another baby? | 你又有孩子了吗 |
[29:16] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[29:18] | No. | 不是 |
[29:19] | I just… I don’t know. | 我只是 我不知道 |
[29:21] | I just… I want to see how you’re holding up. All right? | 我想看看你还好吗 |
[29:25] | Fine. | 我很好 |
[29:26] | – How are you? – Come on, man, don’t make me ask twice. | -你怎么样 -别这样 别让我再问一次 |
[29:32] | I know they’re after you to make a statement. | 我知道他们追着你让你发表声明 |
[29:36] | Come on. | 别说了 |
[29:39] | Et tu, Jay. | 和你 杰伊 |
[29:40] | Et what? | 和什么 |
[29:41] | We’re-We’re just talking here. Right. | 我们只是在… |
[29:44] | You’re the, uh, jihadist from the news. | 你是新闻里说的圣战士 |
[29:48] | He’s not a jihadist. | 他不是圣战士 |
[29:49] | Hey, guys, we were just leaving, all right? | 各位 我们要走了 |
[29:50] | No way. | 不行 |
[29:52] | I want to know what’s going on. | 我想知道发生了什么 |
[29:53] | – Back off, huh? – Yeah, Mohammed. | -让开 -穆罕默德 |
[29:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[29:56] | Go back to the frat, huh? You’re done. | 回你的兄弟会去吧 你完蛋了 |
[29:58] | You’re done. | 你才完蛋了 |
[30:13] | We have ten witnesses who’ll say | 我们有十个目击者 |
[30:14] | those guys absolutely started it. | 他们都会说是那些人先挑衅的 |
[30:16] | Look, I’m really sorry about the fight, | 对于打架我真的很抱歉 |
[30:18] | but I’m not pressing charges. | 但我不会起诉 |
[30:19] | You can do whatever you want. | 你可以做任何你想做的 |
[30:20] | The guys are regulars. | 那些人是常客 |
[30:21] | – The bartender knows their names. – Just drop it. | -酒保知道他们的名字 -放弃吧 |
[30:23] | Oh my God, what happened? | 天呐 发生什么了 |
[30:26] | It’s a long story. | 一言难尽 |
[30:27] | What, a sample sale at Brooks Brothers? | 布鲁克斯兄弟[美国服装品牌]样品特卖吗 |
[30:29] | A trio of drunk Evans’ supporters picked a fight | 几个喝醉的埃文斯的支持者 |
[30:32] | with us last night. | 昨晚向我们挑衅 |
[30:33] | Actually, they picked a fight with me. | 事实上 他们挑衅的是我 |
[30:34] | Jay defended my honor. | 杰伊是为了捍卫我的名誉 |
[30:35] | But he won’t pursue it, | 但他不肯起诉 |
[30:37] | even though he’s the victim of a hate crime. | 即使他才是仇恨犯罪的受害者 |
[30:38] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[30:39] | Oh, my God,Jay… | 天呐 杰伊 |
[30:41] | you didn’t say it was this bad. | 你没说有这么严重 |
[30:43] | Good news is is it could have been a lot worse. | 好消息就是 有可能更糟糕 |
[30:45] | Sure, they could’ve had guns. | 当然 他们可能持枪 |
[30:47] | But, hey, you know, thanks for organizing our man date. | 但谢谢你为我们”男男约会”牵线 |
[30:50] | I suggested you get a beer, not join fight club. | 我建议你们一起喝一杯 不是打一架 |
[30:53] | I knew it. | 我知道 |
[30:54] | She sent you. | 她让你来的 |
[30:55] | I was just concerned. | 我只是关心 |
[30:57] | Yeah, great. Thanks for getting me punched in the face. | 谢谢你 我才会被人打脸 |
[30:59] | Could everybody just move along? | 大家能不能都散开 |
[31:00] | This is my desk. | 这是我的办公桌 |
[31:02] | Right. | 好的 |
[31:03] | Matt, may I speak with you a minute? | 马特 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[31:06] | I know the last couple of days | 我知道过去的几天 |
[31:07] | have been very, very rough for you | 你非常难熬 |
[31:09] | and the investigation is… | 调查是 |
[31:11] | Wait, is this another talk about the statement? | 等等 这又是有关声明的谈话吗 |
[31:13] | – Seriously? – A-Actually, yes. | -真的吗 -事实上 是的 |
[31:15] | Okay, Nadine, thanks, but, uh, | 纳丁 谢谢 但是 |
[31:17] | I can’t anymore with the lectures. | 我实在受不了长篇大论了 |
[31:18] | Actually… | 事实上 |
[31:19] | there’s something I want to say to you. | 我有些话想对你说 |
[31:21] | To everyone, act… come with me. | 对每个人说 跟我来 |
[31:25] | Daisy, Blake, uh, can you meet me in the conference room? | 黛西 布莱克 到会议室一下 |
[31:28] | Daisy, get Jay. | 黛西 叫上杰伊 |
[31:29] | Blake, bring the secretary in. | 布莱克 把国务卿带来 |
[31:31] | “Bring her in”? | 把她带来 |
[31:32] | Like bagels? | 像带百吉饼一样吗 |
[31:34] | Was it somebody’s birthday? | 是某个人的生日吗 |
[31:35] | I love morning cake. | 我喜欢早上吃蛋糕 |
[31:39] | What the hell happened? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[31:43] | I’ll tell you later. | 我待会儿告诉你 |
[31:44] | Ma’am, may I have your permission to address the staff? | 国务卿女士 能允许我和大家讲几句吗 |
[31:49] | Sure. | 当然 |
[31:56] | In the last 48 hours, | 在过去的48小时中 |
[31:58] | I saw my hometown bombed | 我看着我的家乡遭受爆炸 |
[32:00] | and my childhood mosque investigated. | 我小时候的清真寺被调查 |
[32:03] | I’ve been accused | 我被控 |
[32:04] | of plotting against my country. | 叛国罪 |
[32:08] | I’ve been mentally and physically harassed. | 我身心俱疲 |
[32:12] | That alone is bad enough. | 仅仅如此 已糟糕透顶 |
[32:15] | But the worst thing… | 但最糟糕的是 |
[32:17] | is the grief my own colleagues | 我自己的同事和同胞 |
[32:19] | and countrymen gave me, | 所给我带来的悲伤 |
[32:21] | not just about my donation, | 不仅仅是有关我的捐款 |
[32:22] | but about why I won’t say more to defend myself. | 而是我为什么不为自己辩护 |
[32:27] | So, here it is. | 所以 这就是我的辩护 |
[32:29] | The big reveal. | 我的大揭秘 |
[32:31] | The answer to what you’ve all been wondering. | 你们一直好奇的答案 |
[32:37] | Of course, I’m just as horrified as everyone | 当然 我和每个人一样恐惧 |
[32:40] | that a deranged man blew up a coffee shop. | 炸毁咖啡店的神经错乱的那个人 |
[32:44] | I mean, how could anyone ever doubt that? | 怎么会有人怀疑这点 |
[32:47] | But I’m not saying anything publicly or otherwise, | 但我没有公开或以其它方式表示什么 |
[32:50] | because I shouldn’t have to. | 因为这不应该是我的责任 |
[32:52] | My condemnation should just be a given. | 我的谴责应该是理所当然的 |
[32:56] | When a white man shoots up a black church, no one demands | 当一个白人枪击黑人教堂 |
[32:58] | that white men across the country denounce the attack. | 没有人要求全国的白人指责这一袭击 |
[33:01] | It’s understood | 大家都明白 |
[33:02] | that the perpetrator is on the fringe. | 行凶的人是群体中的少数人 |
[33:04] | That every American decries the tragedy. | 每个美国人都应该谴责这场悲剧 |
[33:07] | But somehow, | 但是不知为何 |
[33:08] | when an Islamic extremist commits an atrocity, | 一个伊斯兰极端主义者施暴后 |
[33:12] | every Muslim is implicated. | 每个穆斯林都受到牵连 |
[33:15] | All my years of public service, | 我当公务员的这些年 |
[33:17] | every ounce of decency I’ve ever shown is erased | 表现出的所有正直都被别人的恐惧 |
[33:21] | by other people’s fear and revenge. | 和报复抹杀了 |
[33:25] | I mean, do you want to know what my donation | 你们想知道我给清真寺的捐款 |
[33:28] | to the mosque was earmarked for? | 是什么用途吗 |
[33:32] | A playground for children of the members. | 为清真寺信徒的孩子们修建游乐场 |
[33:36] | And do you know what they unveiled last month? | 你们知道上个月什么东西完工了吗 |
[33:41] | A playground. | 一个游乐场 |
[33:54] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[33:58] | The FBI sent over their report. That’s… | 联调局送来了他们的报告 这… |
[34:01] | why I wanted to have a word with you. | 这是我想要与你谈话的原因 |
[34:03] | The bomber was radicalized in Saudi Arabia, not here. | 引爆者是在沙特被极端化的 不是这儿 |
[34:07] | So-so no one at the mosque had anything to do with the attack. | 所以清真寺里的任何人和袭击都没有关系 |
[34:10] | Absolutely not. | 完全没有 |
[34:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:17] | No one should force you to speak. | 没有人应该被迫发言 |
[34:21] | I’ll make sure Russell knows that. | 我会告诉拉塞尔的 |
[34:27] | I’m sorry, Matt. | 很抱歉 马特 |
[34:30] | I didn’t realize. | 我不知情 |
[34:31] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[34:35] | I’m not exactly a poster child for Allah. | 我并不是阿拉的模范青年 |
[34:38] | I bury my ethnicity and religion because… | 我隐藏了我的民族和信仰 因为… |
[34:43] | …I don’t want to deal with the assumptions. | 我不想招来猜忌 |
[34:45] | But it’s who I am. | 但这就是我 |
[34:47] | I’m tired of denying it. | 我不想再否认下去了 |
[34:51] | Now I have an opportunity to confront that on my own terms. | 现在我有机会自己面对这一切 |
[34:54] | So… I’m taking the rest of the week off. | 我这周要请假 |
[34:57] | By all means. | 没问题 |
[34:58] | I want to take my mom to Friday prayers. | 我想带我妈妈去周五礼拜 |
[35:01] | I think she’d like that. | 我想她会很高兴的 |
[35:05] | I’d like that. | 我想这样做 |
[35:07] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[35:17] | Blake, are you ready to get your copy of | 布莱克 你准备好为你的 |
[35:19] | Ocean’s Eleven signed? | 《十一罗汉》要签名了吗 |
[35:23] | Montreal is back on? | 我们又要去蒙特利尔了吗 |
[35:35] | The Saudis were very grateful to be put back on your schedule. | 沙特阿拉伯人很感激重回您的日程 |
[35:37] | Yeah, thanks, in no small part, | 是啊 这在很大程度上要归功于 |
[35:39] | to the extra media attention it gets them. | 这为他们获取的媒体关注 |
[35:42] | Ma’am, are you sure this is a good idea? | 国务卿 您确定这是个好主意吗 |
[35:45] | We’ll see. | 走着瞧吧 |
[35:49] | Minister Hajar. | 哈贾尔部长 |
[35:50] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[35:52] | I am glad you changed your mind. | 我很高兴你改变了主意 |
[35:54] | The summit wouldn’t have been the same without you. | 没有你 峰会就会黯然失色 |
[35:59] | There’s still much good our countries can accomplish together. | 我们两国仍然可以共同完成许多成就 |
[36:02] | Perhaps in the realm of solar energy? | 也许在太阳能领域 |
[36:06] | I hope this is a sign | 我希望我们能以此为契机 |
[36:07] | that we can leave the past behind and forge a new road. | 忘记过去 共创未来 |
[36:11] | I look forward to seeing where it will lead. | 我翘首以盼 |
[36:14] | Before we move onto our important discussions, | 在我们商讨大事之前 |
[36:16] | I thought I’d add one more thing to our docket. | 我想在摘要上再加一件事 |
[36:21] | Victoria… | 维多利亚 |
[36:24] | Minister Hajar. | 哈贾尔部长 |
[36:26] | My name is Victoria Butler. | 我叫维多利亚·巴特勒 |
[36:29] | My 16-year-old daughter Cara was murdered | 我十六岁的女儿卡拉被投弹人谋杀了 |
[36:32] | by the bomber who received funds from your cousin | 他受到了您的表亲 |
[36:35] | and consultant to your cabinet, | 和内阁顾问 |
[36:37] | Majeed Amjad. | 马吉德·阿姆贾德的资助 |
[36:40] | Secretary McCord told me | 麦考德国务卿告诉我 |
[36:41] | you could help get justice for my daughter. | 您可以还我的女儿一个公道 |
[36:58] | Mesa Pizza, how can I help you? | 梅莎披萨店 您需要什么 |
[37:01] | And this is a… a delivery, right? | 您需要送餐 是吗 |
[37:06] | Take it easy. | 别激动 |
[37:17] | – Who is it? – Alexander Mironov. | -谁 -亚历山大·米罗诺夫 |
[37:29] | Hey, Dmitri. | 迪米特里 你好 |
[37:32] | You remember Special Agent Ross. | 你还记得罗斯特工吧 |
[37:35] | Been a while. Thank you for coming. | 好久没见了 谢谢你过来 |
[37:37] | My release terms force me to come here | 我的释放条款要求我来 |
[37:38] | for my psychiatrist visits or I risk going back to jail. | 进行精神咨询 否则我可能进监狱 |
[37:42] | Very clever. | 你们真聪明 |
[37:43] | And, uh, probably a good idea | 既然你们不让我回到情报部门 |
[37:45] | since you’re not letting me back into intelligence. | 这也许是个好主意 |
[37:48] | You’re… going without me. | 你们没有我也行 |
[37:50] | That’s right. I couldn’t get you back in. | 是啊 我没办法让你回去 |
[37:52] | But we will be able to keep in better touch. | 但这样我们能更好的联络 |
[37:54] | We set up a dead drop number | 我们建立了一个秘密情报号码 |
[37:56] | for your use with Dr. McCord. | 供你和麦考德博士联系 |
[37:58] | For my next phone call from jail. | 这样我下一次监狱电话就能打给你了 |
[38:00] | Come on, Dmitri. | 别这样 迪米特里 |
[38:01] | I know things seem hopeless right now. | 我知道现在的情况看起来没有希望 |
[38:04] | Honestly, I can’t imagine living like you. | 说真的 我无法想象你的生活 |
[38:06] | Cut off from my country, my career | 离开我的国家 我的事业 |
[38:09] | and especially my family, but… | 特别是我的家人 但是… |
[38:10] | Please leave. You’re only making my psychiatrist’s job harder. | 请走吧 你这样让我的精神科医师很为难 |
[38:14] | Look, I can’t give you professional fulfillment. | 我无法在专业上满足你 |
[38:18] | But I can give you the chance to find connection. | 但我可以给你创造机会 |
[38:29] | Talia? | 塔莉娅 |
[38:30] | Talia! | 塔莉娅 |
[38:34] | Elizabeth worked with immigration | 伊丽莎白与移民局交涉 |
[38:35] | to fast-track Talia for a temporary visa to stay in the U.S. | 加快了塔莉娅美国临时签证的手续 |
[38:39] | In a few months, it’ll be permanent under a new name, | 几个月后 她就能获得永久居留权和新名字 |
[38:42] | Dina Mironov. | 迪娜·米罗诺夫 |
[38:44] | Her cover is… | 她的身份是… |
[38:46] | well, she’s your sister. | 她是你妹妹 |
[38:48] | You don’t have to lie about that. | 这一点你们不用撒谎 |
[38:51] | You’re very lucky to have Dr. McCord in your corner. | 有麦考德博士的帮助 你们很幸运 |
[39:01] | That was incredible, ma’am. | 真是太棒了 国务卿 |
[39:02] | I had a hard time concentrating on solar grids | 看了哈贾尔部长对维多利亚·巴特勒的反应后 |
[39:04] | after watching Minister Hajar react to Victoria Butler. | 我都没法集中精力处理太阳能电网的事了 |
[39:07] | We’re not done yet. | 这事还没完 |
[39:09] | Engage phase two. | 现在进入第二阶段 |
[39:11] | All right, everyone. | 好了 各位 |
[39:12] | Let’s get set up for the secretary’s next meeting. | 我们准备国务卿的下一个会议吧 |
[39:15] | W-with George Clooney. | 和…乔治·克鲁尼的 |
[39:24] | Never, in the course of our nations’ friendship, | 我们两国的建交史上 |
[39:27] | has our country been treated with such disrespect. | 我国从未受到过如此的羞辱 |
[39:31] | Or been granted such an opportunity | 也没有过这样证明 |
[39:32] | to prove their progressivism. | 自己进步主义的好机会 |
[39:35] | Your king sent you to this summit | 你们的国王派你来参加这次峰会 |
[39:37] | to show the world Saudi’s cooperative side. | 是为了向世界显示沙特阿拉伯合作的一面 |
[39:40] | And you ambushed me. | 你算计了我 |
[39:41] | I know. I know it looks that way now, yeah. | 我知道 现在看起来的确像算计 |
[39:45] | But if you were to return home | 但如果你回国 |
[39:47] | and prosecute Majeed Amjad, | 处决了马吉德·阿姆贾德 |
[39:49] | well, the image of the Saudi official moved | 沙特官员被悲痛的 |
[39:52] | by the grieving American mother | 美国母亲感动的画面 |
[39:55] | would do wonders for your king’s narrative. | 会成为你们国王的功绩的 |
[39:58] | That’s a rather cynical way | 国务卿女士 你为达目的 |
[39:59] | to get what you want, Madam Secretary. | 真是不择手段啊 |
[40:01] | If you do nothing, | 如果你置之不理 |
[40:02] | I promise you, I will not rest | 我保证 如果阿姆贾德 |
[40:05] | until I bring Amjad to justice. | 不受到制裁 我决不会罢休 |
[40:08] | I can’t put your country | 虽然我不能将贵国 |
[40:10] | on the State Sponsors of Terrorism list, | 列入支持恐怖主义国家 |
[40:13] | but after the election, win or lose, | 但选举过后 无论是输是赢 |
[40:15] | I will still be the secretary of state | 我都还会继续当 |
[40:17] | for at least a couple of months | 至少几个月的国务卿 |
[40:19] | and I will target Amjad individually | 我会亲自紧盯阿姆贾德 |
[40:22] | with the harshest economic and travel sanctions | 并实施最严厉的经济和旅游制裁 |
[40:26] | from not only the U.S. but also our European allies | 不仅仅在美国 我们在欧洲受到 |
[40:30] | who suffer Islamic terror attacks. | 伊斯兰恐怖袭击的盟友也会这样做 |
[40:33] | As you know, | 你知道的 |
[40:34] | those sanctions have a… | 这些制裁是有… |
[40:37] | trickle-down effect, | 涓流效应的 |
[40:39] | making any family member | 受到制裁的国家 |
[40:41] | of the sanctioned persona non Grata | 在整个西方世界 |
[40:43] | throughout the West. | 都成了不受欢迎的人 |
[40:47] | Go home and tell your cousin that. | 回去就这么跟你的表亲说吧 |
[41:00] | So? Come on, how is Ali’s essay? Be honest. | 艾莉的文章写得怎么样 说实话 |
[41:04] | On a scale of Harvard to living in our basement. | 她是能上哈佛还是只能住在地下室里 |
[41:10] | She’s used her YouTube tutorial as a metaphor | 她用自己的网络视频教学片 |
[41:13] | for the democratization of media, | 来比喻媒体民主化 |
[41:15] | third-wave feminism | 第三波女性主义 |
[41:16] | and the Internet as virtual university. | 将互联网比喻为虚拟大学 |
[41:19] | W-what? | 什么 |
[41:21] | A-All that in… | 她用不到五百字 |
[41:24] | 500 words or less? | 说了这么多事 |
[41:26] | I never knew… | 我从来不知道 |
[41:27] | smoky eyes could be so poignant. | 烟熏妆还有这么深刻的意义 |
[41:32] | It’s really good. | 写得真不错 |
[41:34] | And now I’m getting misty-eyed. | 但现在我眼睛都困得睁不开了 |
[41:36] | You’re very cute | 你惊讶于才华的时候 |
[41:37] | when you’re overwhelmed by intelligence. | 真是可爱 |
[41:39] | Speaking of, thanks again for helping with Dmitri. | 说起来 再次感谢你帮助迪米特里 |
[41:42] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[41:44] | Oh, wait. Hold that thought. | 等会儿 |
[41:45] | …Hani of Saudi Arabia placed Majeed Amjad, | 沙特国王今晚以资助阿蒂夫·阿尔穆塔 |
[41:48] | a top consultant of his minister of education, | 实施的伊利诺伊州炸弹袭击的罪名 |
[41:51] | under arrest tonight for funding the Illinois bomb attack | 逮捕了教育部长的首席顾问 |
[41:54] | carried out by Atif Al-Mutaya. | 马吉德·阿姆贾德 |
[41:57] | All this after a moving meeting | 事情发生在沙特外交部长卡瑟布·哈贾尔 |
[41:59] | at the Global Development Assembly in Montreal | 在于蒙特利尔举办的全球发展大会上 |
[42:02] | between the Saudi Foreign Minister Kasib Hajar | 与维多利亚·巴特勒的 |
[42:05] | and Victoria Butler, | 感人会面之后 |
[42:07] | mother to 16-year-old bombing victim, | 她是十六岁的炸弹袭击受难者 |
[42:09] | Cara Butler. | 卡拉·巴特勒的母亲 |
[42:11] | Think anybody notices my cowlick? | 你觉得有人会注意到我的发旋吗 |
[42:13] | It’s, like, waving at the cameras. | 真是太明显了 |
[42:16] | Take the win, babe. | 别卖乖了 |
[42:17] | …mosque suspected of radicalizing | 怀疑将阿尔穆塔极端化的 |
[42:19] | Al-Mutaya, of any wrongdoing. | 清真寺的清白 |
[42:21] | Specifically, Matthew A. Mahoney, | 特别是马特·A·马奥尼 |
[42:23] | Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord’s speechwriter, | 国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德的演讲撰稿人 |
[42:27] | whose donation to the mosque was under scrutiny | 他对该清真寺的捐助受到了 |
[42:29] | by investigators, media outlets and presidential hopefuls | 调查人员 新闻媒体以及总统候选人 |
[42:33] | Sam Evans and Fred Reynolds. | 山姆·埃文斯和弗雷德·雷诺的调查 |
[42:40] | Mr. Mahoney, why are you here on a Friday? | 马奥尼先生 你周五为什么会来这儿 |
[42:42] | Are you taking a leave of absence? | 你请假了吗 |
[42:44] | What does the secretary say about your innocence? | 国务卿对你的清白有什么看法 |
[42:46] | Mr. Mahoney, would you like to make a statement? | 马奥尼先生 您有什么想说的吗 |