时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | The U.K. is on board with reinstating sanctions on Iran. | 英国同意恢复对伊朗的制裁 |
[00:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:11] | We can count on their support | 今天下午的安理会会议 |
[00:12] | at the Security Council meeting this afternoon. | 可以指望他们的支持 |
[00:14] | With a whole seven hours to spare. | 中间还有整整七个小时 |
[00:16] | Thank you, “closest ally”? | 谢谢 “最亲密的盟友” |
[00:18] | Does anyone else feel like this should be easier? | 还有谁觉得这事本该更简单吗 |
[00:20] | The agreement was that if Iran cheats on the nuclear deal, | 协定本来是如果伊朗违背核协议 |
[00:24] | then the other countries on the Security Council vote | 那么安理会其他理事国投票 |
[00:26] | to snap the sanctions back. | 让制裁迅速恢复 |
[00:28] | Well, they cheated, | 他们违背了 |
[00:29] | so why are the rest of the P5 dragging their feet? | 为什么其他常任理事国还在拖延 |
[00:32] | Because it’s the U.N. | 因为这就是联合国 |
[00:33] | Yeah, okay, you know what? I get that it’s dysfunctional, | 好吧 我明白联合国矛盾重重 |
[00:35] | but come on! | 但是拜托 |
[00:38] | “Hi, Iran? We’re from the IAEA. | “你好 伊朗 我们是国际原子能机构的 |
[00:41] | “Uh, we’d like to inspect your nuclear facilities. | 我们要检查你们的核设施 |
[00:43] | – “You know, per the agreement.” – “Uh, yeah. No, thank you.” | -依据协定” -“不用了 谢谢” |
[00:47] | I mean, how much clearer do the violations need to be? | 违反行为还需要多明确 |
[00:50] | No one’s arguing with you. | 没人跟你争辩 |
[00:52] | In a perfect world, that’s all the proof | 在理想世界 我们只需要这些证据 |
[00:53] | we’d need to reinstate sanctions. | 就能恢复制裁 |
[00:55] | Okay, what were the key components of the agreement? | 好吧 协定的主要内容是什么 |
[00:59] | Oversight of all nuclear facilities. | 监督所有核设施 |
[01:01] | Well, clearly, that’s not happening. | 这显然没有实现 |
[01:03] | Also, communication. | 还有 沟通 |
[01:06] | Yeah. Is anybody talking to us? | 有人跟我们联系吗 |
[01:09] | – Radio silence. – Yep. | -无线电静默 -是的 |
[01:11] | Everyone in Tehran is mute, | 德黑兰人人沉默 |
[01:12] | so why do we have to work around the clock | 为什么我们不得不昼夜忙碌 |
[01:15] | to get our quote-unquote partners | 让我们所谓的”伙伴” |
[01:17] | to do what they already promised they would do? | 履行他们许下的承诺 |
[01:21] | Are you done? | 你说完了吗 |
[01:24] | – Yeah, I’m done. – Good. | -说完了 -好 |
[01:26] | Because we only have a few more hours | 因为我们只剩下几小时 |
[01:28] | to get the rest of the P5 to snap back the sanctions. | 来让其他常任理事国支持恢复制裁 |
[01:31] | If we fail, the president has made it clear | 如果我们失败 总统已经明确表示 |
[01:34] | that he will prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons | 他会想方设法阻止伊朗获得核武器 |
[01:38] | one way or the other. | 不论以哪种方式 |
[01:40] | Take a moment and contemplate what the “other way” looks like, | 想想”那种方式”会是怎样 |
[01:46] | and get back to work. | 然后继续工作 |
[01:49] | I have the Secretary. | 国务卿的电话 |
[01:51] | Go ahead, ma’am. | 说吧 国务卿 |
[01:53] | So where are we? | 现在什么情况 |
[01:55] | Ma’am, we have pledges of support from Russia and the U.K. | 国务卿 俄罗斯和英国已承诺会支持 |
[01:58] | We have not heard back yet from France, | 还没收到法国的回复 |
[02:00] | but we expect their approval to be forthcoming. | 但我们预期他们会同意 |
[02:03] | So we’re off to a good start. | 算是良好的开端 |
[02:05] | And yet, you haven’t mentioned China. | 但你还没提及中国 |
[02:08] | Foreign Minister Chen says | 陈外交部长称 |
[02:10] | they’ll need more time to consider their vote. | 他们需要更多时间考虑投票 |
[02:13] | Which is unusual, considering they’ve been | 这很不寻常 鉴于他们一直 |
[02:15] | in favor of sanctions curbing Iran’s nuclear program. | 支持对伊朗核计划的制裁 |
[02:17] | So they’re still pouting | 就是说他们还在 |
[02:19] | over the standoff in the South China Sea. | 为南海僵局对峙赌气 |
[02:22] | Yes, ma’am, that is our best guess. | 是的 国务卿 这是最佳猜测 |
[02:24] | But Jay has an idea for how to get them on board. | 不过杰伊对于如何让他们同意有个想法 |
[02:27] | We agree to withdraw our complaint at the WTO | 我们同意向世界贸易组织撤销 |
[02:31] | over China’s tariff on chickens. | 对中国向鸡肉征收的关税的投诉 |
[02:33] | We’re betting China cares that much about poultry? | 我们要赌中国那么在乎家禽吗 |
[02:39] | Well, bigger deals have been made over weirder things, so yeah. | 我们还谈过关于更奇怪事物的更大的协议 那好吧 |
[02:43] | – Let’s go for it. – Also, ma’am, | -试一试吧 -还有 国务卿 |
[02:45] | the Israeli ambassador called this morning. | 以色列大使今早打来电话 |
[02:47] | Let me guess, he wants a meeting? | 让我猜猜 他想会面 |
[02:49] | Demands is more accurate. | 更准确地说是”要求” |
[02:52] | Iran has a sanctions-free economy | 伊朗有不受制裁的经济 |
[02:54] | and a nascent nuclear weapons program. | 和初步的核武器计划 |
[02:57] | What could Israel possibly be worried about? | 以色列担心的还能是什么 |
[03:01] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:02] | Hey, babe. | 早 宝贝 |
[03:03] | How’s the world doing today? | 今天世界大势如何 |
[03:04] | Oh, well, the fate of the Middle East rests | 中东命运全靠 |
[03:06] | on China’s appetite for chicken. | 中国对鸡肉的食欲了 |
[03:09] | Yep, sounds like the world. | 好吧 世界就是这样 |
[03:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:12] | Wow. Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[03:14] | Special shout-out to her stylist, Alison McCord. | 特别鸣谢造型师 艾莉森·麦考德 |
[03:17] | That’s my jacket. | 那是我的外套 |
[03:18] | I was going for a”mod-pro” look. | 我想呈现”现职”风 |
[03:20] | I had to raid your closet. | 不得不扫荡你的衣橱 |
[03:22] | Mod-pro? | 现职 |
[03:23] | It just means “modern professional.” | 就是”现代职业”的意思 |
[03:26] | What? We share a house. | 怎么 我们住在同一屋檐下 |
[03:28] | – Who is he? – I don’t know. | -他是谁 -我不知道 |
[03:29] | So what is the occasion? | 是什么场合 |
[03:31] | I have my meeting with Russell Jackson today. | 我今天要见拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[03:33] | For the Harvard Law recommendation? | 为了哈佛法学院的推荐吗 |
[03:35] | I thought that was last Monday. | 我以为是上周一 |
[03:36] | Uh, it was supposed to be. | 本来是的 |
[03:39] | And also the Friday before that. | 最开始应该是上上周五 |
[03:41] | He keeps canceling. | 他一直改约 |
[03:43] | I really need that rec letter. | 我真的需要他的推荐信 |
[03:44] | Plus, an interview with an alumnus | 此外 跟校友见面 |
[03:46] | carries a huge amount of weight. | 也有很大分量 |
[03:48] | Well, the guy is a very busy man. | 他工作很忙 |
[03:50] | Can’t you find another Harvard alum? | 你不能另找哈佛校友吗 |
[03:52] | This is D.C. They’re everywhere, | 这里是华盛顿 到处都是 |
[03:54] | telling people they went to Harvard. | 都宣称自己上过哈佛 |
[03:56] | I don’t know– the application is due in three days, | 我不知道 申请只剩三天时间 |
[03:58] | so I don’t really have time to ask anyone else. | 我真没时间再找一个人 |
[04:00] | Yeah, and in ten years, all the lawyers | 好吧 反正十年后所有律师 |
[04:01] | will be replaced by robots anyway. | 都会被机器人取代 |
[04:03] | Guaranteed basic income’s our only hope, you guys. | 最低工资收入是我们唯一的希望 各位 |
[04:05] | You know we support whatever you want to do, | 我们无论如何都支持你 |
[04:08] | but maybe you don’t have to go to Harvard Law. | 但或许你没必要上哈佛法学院 |
[04:11] | What, you guys don’t think I can cut it? | 怎么 你们觉得我申请不上吗 |
[04:13] | Cutting it I’m not worried about. | 我不担心你申请不上 |
[04:15] | Paying for it, on the other hand… | 付不付得起就是另一回事了 |
[04:16] | Look, your mom and I are tired. | 你妈和我累了 |
[04:18] | We want to move someplace warm someday. | 我们想哪天搬去一处温暖的地方 |
[04:21] | I know that you guys are very partial to UVA. | 我知道你们偏向于弗吉尼亚大学 |
[04:24] | No, I’m not. | 我没有 |
[04:25] | You guys are always telling me to, | 你们一直跟我讲 |
[04:28] | you know, swing for the fences. | 要孤注一掷 |
[04:29] | UVA was good enough for a whole slew of Kennedys, | 肯尼迪家族都上过弗吉尼亚大学 |
[04:33] | including Robert. | 包括罗伯特 |
[04:35] | Plus, Thomas Jefferson founded the place. | 而且 那里可是托马斯·杰弗森建立的 |
[04:37] | Alls I’m saying. | 我要说的就这些 |
[04:39] | I know that Harvard is a reach, | 我知道哈佛不好申 |
[04:41] | but I really want to try. | 但我真的想试试 |
[04:44] | Which is why I was hoping that | 所以我希望 |
[04:46] | a recommendation letter from the president’s chief of staff | 总统幕僚长的推荐信 |
[04:49] | might help put me over the top. | 能帮我脱颖而出 |
[04:51] | Maybe I’m just being entitled and stupid. | 或许我太不知足 太蠢 |
[04:53] | You and the rest of America. | 你和全美其他人都是 |
[04:55] | Smoking on the Hindenburg. See ya. | 自寻死路 回见 |
[04:59] | Well, I say that you plant yourself at Russell’s office | 我建议你去拉塞尔办公室蹲他 |
[05:03] | and see if maybe he doesn’t have a spare minute. | 看他是否确实没有空闲的一瞬间 |
[05:05] | Yeah, worst that can happen is he postpones again. | 最糟不过他再次推迟 |
[05:07] | You go to UVA, where you can get a scholarship. | 你去上弗吉尼亚大学 在那里能拿奖学金 |
[05:10] | – No. – Uh, plus, | -不 -还有 |
[05:11] | you’re slaying the outfit game today. | 你今天的服装秒杀众人 |
[05:13] | – Thank you. – Come on. | -谢谢 -走吧 |
[05:15] | We’ll give you a ride to Russell’s office. | 我们开车送你去拉塞尔办公室 |
[05:17] | – Goodbye. – Bye. | -拜拜 -拜 |
[05:17] | – Bye. – Bye. | -拜 -拜 |
[05:24] | When the IAEA inspectors arrive, | 国际原子能机构检查员抵达时 |
[05:26] | the Iranians’ response is to shove guns in their faces. | 伊朗人的回应是拿枪指着他们 |
[05:28] | What is that, | 这是什么 |
[05:30] | if not proof they’ve restarted a nuclear weapons program? | 难道不是他们重启核武器计划的证据吗 |
[05:33] | I agree with you, Ambassador. | 我同意 大使 |
[05:35] | We’re on the same page. | 我们立场一致 |
[05:36] | Then why haven’t the sanctions been reinstated? | 那为什么制裁还未恢复 |
[05:39] | What-what is this peace deal | 如果伊朗能为所欲为 |
[05:40] | if Iran can behave any way it pleases? | 这和平协定又算什么 |
[05:42] | The U.N. Security Council vote this afternoon | 联合国安理会将于今天下午投票 |
[05:44] | is for the express purpose of snapping back sanctions. | 专为快速恢复制裁 |
[05:47] | But it’s my understanding China has yet to agree. | 但据我所知中国还未同意 |
[05:49] | China has voted for every U.N. resolution | 中国每次都投票同意 |
[05:52] | regarding sanctions on Iran’s nuclear program. | 联合国就伊朗核计划制裁的方案 |
[05:56] | Ever. | 一直是 |
[05:56] | I’m very optimistic this time won’t be any different. | 我很乐观 这次不会有所不同 |
[05:59] | I appreciate your optimism, | 我赞赏你的乐观精神 |
[06:00] | but history has shown that such a worldview | 但历史表明 这样的世界观 |
[06:04] | is a luxury the Jewish people cannot afford. | 是犹太人不能企及的奢侈品 |
[06:07] | We must see things as they are, | 我们必须实事求是 |
[06:09] | and act accordingly. | 并见机行事 |
[06:15] | The United States has been a very good friend to Israel | 美国和以色列可是很有历史的 |
[06:19] | for many years. | 好朋友了 |
[06:25] | I’m asking you to trust me. | 我请你相信我 |
[06:29] | But who do you trust? | 但你又相信谁 |
[06:31] | Iran? China? | 伊朗 中国 |
[06:35] | An Iranian nuclear weapons program | 伊朗核武器计划 |
[06:37] | is an existential threat to Israel. | 是对以色列实实在在的威胁 |
[06:42] | And we will do what is necessary to defend ourselves. | 我们会采取一切必要行动保卫自己 |
[06:46] | We are witnessing the worst foreign policy failure | 我们正见证美国历史上最严重的 |
[06:49] | in U.S. history– | 外交失策 |
[06:51] | a president who’s let Iran lead us around by the nose. | 总统任由伊朗牵着我们鼻子走 |
[06:55] | You think President Dalton should have predicted this? | 您认为道尔顿总统本该预料到这情况吗 |
[06:57] | I think a four-year-old could have seen it coming. | 我认为四岁孩子都能预料到 |
[07:00] | Invite a wolf to dinner, you watch your back, | 邀狼共食 就要时刻提防 |
[07:02] | or you end up on the menu. | 否则最终会入狼口 |
[07:04] | But Dalton let us get played for fools. | 但道尔顿任由我们被当成傻子耍 |
[07:06] | Worst thing about no candidate getting enough votes | 候选人都没有足够选票直接赢得大选 |
[07:08] | to win the election outright? | 最糟糕的后果是什么 |
[07:09] | More smug Sam Evans interviews? | 自命不凡的山姆·埃文斯有更多采访吗 |
[07:11] | The House vote on January 6th can’t come soon enough. | 一月六日的众议院投票还是不够快 |
[07:14] | I’m hearing from my friends on the Hill | 我听国会的朋友说 |
[07:15] | that if the House voted today, | 如果众议院今天投票 |
[07:16] | Evans would be our next president. | 埃文斯会成为下一任总统 |
[07:19] | We need to get tough on Iran. | 我们需要对伊朗采取强硬措施 |
[07:21] | When I’m president, I’ll rip up | 等我成为总统 我上任的第一天 |
[07:22] | that deal on day one. | 就会撕毁协议 |
[07:24] | The stamina on this guy! | 这家伙真是精力旺盛 |
[07:27] | How many interviews has he done today alone? | 今天一天他做了多少访问了 |
[07:30] | He’s made the rounds on all the morning shows. | 他在所有的晨间访谈节目里串场 |
[07:32] | Guy’s never met a camera he didn’t like. | 这家伙就爱上电视 |
[07:34] | Good news, ma’am. | 好消息 国务卿 |
[07:35] | China’s agreed to vote yes on reinstating the sanctions. | 中国同意对恢复制裁投赞成票 |
[07:39] | So the chicken tariff worked! | 所以鸡肉关税起作用了 |
[07:40] | Turns out the solution to China’s game of chicken | 看来对付中国的把戏还得 |
[07:42] | was… chicken. | 以鸡制胜 |
[07:45] | Uh, ma’am, | 国务卿 |
[07:46] | the French Foreign Minister has requested a meeting. | 法国外长请求见面 |
[07:49] | Isn’t she in New York for the U.N. Security Council vote? | 她不是在纽约给联合国安理会投票吗 |
[07:52] | No, she’s on her way here. | 并没有 她正在来这里的路上 |
[07:59] | Good morning, Mr. Jackson. | 早上好 杰克逊先生 |
[08:02] | I told you I wanted to see Henry McCord. | 我跟你说的是要见亨利·麦考德 |
[08:03] | That’s the wrong McCord. | 不是这个麦考德 |
[08:04] | She has a meeting scheduled with you today. | 您约好了今天和她见面 |
[08:07] | For the-the Harvard Law recommendation. | 关于哈佛法学院的推荐信 |
[08:09] | Right. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[08:11] | Uh, now’s not a good time. | 现在我没时间 |
[08:13] | Get Henry McCord on the phone. | 给亨利·麦考德打电话 |
[08:15] | I tried, but he’s not picking up. | 我打过了 但他不接 |
[08:17] | Oh… uh, he-he turns his phone off during class. | 他上课的时候会关机 |
[08:21] | Why didn’t you know that, Adele? | 你怎么会不知道 阿黛尔 |
[08:25] | Um, I-I know you’re incredibly busy, | 我知道您很忙 |
[08:28] | but the application’s due pretty soon. | 但是申请截止日期马上就要到了 |
[08:30] | Is there any chance that you might have | 您今天稍晚一点会不会 |
[08:32] | just a minute or two later today? | 有一点时间 |
[08:35] | We have the great misfortune | 我们非常不幸地生活在一个 |
[08:36] | of living in exciting times, Stephanie McCord. | 激烈的时代 斯蒂芬妮·麦考德 |
[08:40] | The presidential election is gonna be decided | 总统选举将由 |
[08:42] | in the House of Representatives | 众议院决定 |
[08:44] | – for the first time since… – 1824? | -这是首次… -自从1824年来 |
[08:47] | You do your homework. The point is, | 功课做得不错 问题是 |
[08:50] | my part in this historic election | 我在这场历史性的选举中的工作 |
[08:53] | is to cajole Congress members | 是用花言巧语游说国会议员们 |
[08:55] | into voting for President Dalton. | 给道尔顿总统投票 |
[08:57] | It’s grueling, thankless, | 非常吃力不讨好 |
[08:59] | and, as you can see… | 而且 你也看到了 |
[09:02] | humiliating work. | 这是个丢脸的差事 |
[09:05] | But most importantly, it takes time. | 但最重要的是 这工作很花时间 |
[09:10] | Who has time for 18 holes in the middle of the day? | 谁有时间在大中午打高尔夫球 |
[09:13] | Congressmen. | 国会议员们 |
[09:15] | So off I go to abase myself on the links. | 我也得跑去巴结他们 |
[09:20] | My 16-hour day… | 我本来一天就要工作十六个小时 |
[09:24] | gets three hours longer. | 现在又多了三个小时 |
[09:26] | So to answer your question, | 现在我来回答你的问题 |
[09:28] | will I have a minute or two | 我今天稍晚能不能 |
[09:31] | – later in the day? – Probably not. | -抽出一点时间 -可能不行 |
[09:34] | Sorry, honey. | 不好意思 姑娘 |
[09:40] | Okay, Captain Finkel, have we talked about… | 芬克尔上尉 我们有没有说到过… |
[09:42] | Henry. A word? | 亨利 借一步说话 |
[09:44] | In private? Hi. | 私下说 你好 |
[09:46] | I’m in the middle of a conference. | 我正在开会 |
[09:48] | Aren’t you Russell Jackson? | 你不是拉塞尔·杰克逊吗 |
[09:50] | No, I’m Phil Mickelson. You mind? | 不 我是菲尔·米克尔森 回避一下 |
[09:53] | I’m sorry, just give us one minute. | 不好意思 请让我们单独谈谈 |
[09:58] | A junior congressman from Michigan… | 一名来自密歇根的年轻国会议员 |
[10:00] | Hi, Russell. How’d things go with Stevie this morning? | 拉塞尔 今天早上你和斯蒂芬谈的怎么样 |
[10:02] | – Great. – Good. | -谈得不错 -很好 |
[10:03] | Dynamite kid. | 她非常棒 |
[10:04] | You should be proud. | 你应该为她自豪 |
[10:05] | Listen, Congressman Pearson– | 皮尔森议员 |
[10:06] | you guys still on good terms? | 你们还有来往吗 |
[10:08] | Jeff? Yeah, I guess so. | 杰夫吗 有吧 |
[10:10] | We kind of lost touch after the Marines. | 海军陆战队退役以后就没什么往来了 |
[10:12] | I’ve seen him maybe once, twice | 我过去的五年中可能见过他一两次 |
[10:14] | in the last five years– why? | 你问这个干什么 |
[10:16] | He’s an Evans supporter. I… | 他支持埃文斯 我… |
[10:18] | Look, I’m scrapping for every vote. | 听着 我要争取每一票 |
[10:19] | I need you to bring your old buddy Jeff | 我需要你把你的老朋友杰夫 |
[10:22] | over to Dalton’s side. | 拉到道尔顿这边来 |
[10:24] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[10:25] | – I… – I-I know, I know. | -我… -我知道 我知道 |
[10:27] | You’ve got that whole ethics thing… | 您高风亮节… |
[10:29] | It’s a moral compass, Russell, not a disease. | 这是道德感 拉塞尔 又不是病 |
[10:32] | I’m not asking you to do anything illegal. | 我不是要求你做违法的事 |
[10:35] | Y-You believe Dalton’s what’s best for the country, | 你相信道尔顿是对美国最好的 |
[10:38] | you’d be following a-a civic duty. | 你只是尽一下公民义务 |
[10:40] | A-Almost an ethical imperative… | 差不多也算是道德责任… |
[10:42] | Russell, I’ll do it. | 拉塞尔 我会去找他的 |
[10:45] | – You will? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[10:46] | There’s nothing unethical about a conversation | 找老朋友聊聊天没什么不道德的 |
[10:48] | between two old friends– political or not. | 无论是否与政治有关 |
[10:50] | Plus, it’d be nice to see him again. | 再说 我很愿意和他聚一聚 |
[10:53] | You all right there? | 你没事吧 |
[10:55] | Yeah, I… | 没事 只是… |
[10:57] | I was expecting more of a fight is all. | 我都准备好和你大战一场了 |
[11:00] | Nope, I’m… I’m happy to do whatever I can. | 我很高兴能帮忙 |
[11:02] | Well, uh… | 那… |
[11:04] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:06] | I owe ya. | 我欠你一份人情 |
[11:09] | Gallais Le Livre? | 黛堡嘉莱巧克力吗 |
[11:10] | The ganache, not the truffles. | 是生巧 不是松露巧克力 |
[11:12] | – Okay. – My predecessor, Jean Dubois, | -好的 -我的前任 让·杜布瓦 |
[11:14] | told me of your great appreciation for them. | 告诉我你很喜欢吃这个 |
[11:16] | How is Jean, by the way? Is he enjoying his retirement? | 对了 让还好吗 他喜欢退休生活吗 |
[11:18] | Oh, he’s always complaining about how his grandchildren | 他总是抱怨孙辈们太吵闹 |
[11:21] | are making too much noise, uh, how his wife is cooking | 他老婆做饭总是太油腻厚重 |
[11:24] | impossibly heavy meals, and now he has absolutely nothing to do | 而他自己完全无事可做 |
[11:28] | except to sit around and read a book. So… | 每天只能坐着读书 所以… |
[11:30] | So, in other words, he’s deliriously happy. | 所以也就是说 他很高兴 |
[11:33] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[11:35] | So, what brings you to D.C.? | 什么风把你刮到特区来了 |
[11:37] | Kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[11:39] | Why aren’t you in New York? | 你怎么不在纽约 |
[11:41] | Considering our countries’ long relationship, | 鉴于我们两国长久的伙伴关系 |
[11:44] | I felt it was only fair to tell you personally | 我觉得应该亲口告诉你 |
[11:46] | that France will veto any reinstatement | 法国将对恢复伊朗制裁的任何提议 |
[11:49] | of sanctions against Iran. | 行使一票否决权 |
[11:51] | We have proof that Iran is not complying | 我们有证据表明伊朗并没有 |
[11:53] | with the terms of the deal. | 遵守协议条款 |
[11:56] | Video of them strong-arming | 有他们粗暴对待我们检查员 |
[11:58] | our inspectors. | 的视频 |
[11:59] | Those soldiers may have been overzealous. | 那些士兵有可能太紧张了 |
[12:02] | What explanation has Iran offered for the incident? | 伊朗对此事有什么解释吗 |
[12:04] | None. | 没有 |
[12:06] | They’ve closed off all communication. | 他们拒绝一切交流 |
[12:08] | Shouldn’t we hear their side before being | 在我们对他们进行制裁之前 |
[12:10] | needlessly aggressive? | 难道不该听听他们的说法吗 |
[12:12] | We can’t vote for sanctions without a more thorough investigation | 我们不能不经进一步调查 |
[12:15] | being conducted. | 就赞成制裁 |
[12:16] | We can’t investigate anything | 如果他们拒绝我们的检查员 |
[12:17] | if they keeps refusing our inspectors. | 我们就什么都调查不了 |
[12:28] | And didn’t Iran just agree to purchase a new fleet | 伊朗不是刚同意向贵国购买 |
[12:31] | of your Airbus jets? | 一组空中巴士喷气机队吗 |
[12:34] | And if we snap back the sanctions, | 如果我们立即恢复制裁 |
[12:37] | then the deal falls through, and your government | 这桩生意就黄了 法国政府将会损失 |
[12:39] | loses billions of dollars. | 数十亿美元 |
[12:42] | France will be far more amenable | 如果制裁三个月之后生效 |
[12:44] | to sanctions in three months or so. | 法国会很愿意投赞成票 |
[12:45] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[12:47] | After your Airbus deal closes, right. | 等你们空中巴士的生意做完以后 |
[12:53] | You think Israel will wait that long? | 你觉得以色列能等那么久吗 |
[12:57] | If we want to prevent another major conflict | 如果你想避免中东再发生 |
[13:00] | in the Middle East, | 一起强烈冲突 |
[13:01] | we all need to pull together now. | 我们现在就得行动 |
[13:03] | I’ll bring your concerns to President Perrin. | 我会向佩兰总统转达你的意思 |
[13:07] | Please do. | 请务必转达 |
[13:10] | So, France vetoes the sanctions, and what, | 法国要否决制裁 |
[13:13] | the Iranians flagrantly defy our agreement, and we do nothing? | 那伊朗公然藐视协议 我们就置之不理吗 |
[13:16] | The other P5 members can’t be too pleased about this. | 其他常任理事国可不会高兴 |
[13:19] | We could ask them to lean on France. | 我们可以让他们向法国施压 |
[13:22] | I don’t think that’s gonna get it done in time. | 我觉得不会有什么用 |
[13:27] | Sorry to interrupt, Mr. President, | 很抱歉打扰您 总统先生 |
[13:29] | but our satellites have detected | 我们的卫星发现了一支 |
[13:31] | a squadron of Israeli F-16s | 以色列F16战机的飞行中队 |
[13:33] | running mid-air refueling drills | 正在内盖夫沙漠 |
[13:36] | over the Negev Desert. | 进行空中加油演习 |
[13:37] | What’s the IDF’s official position? | 以色列自卫队的官方理由是什么 |
[13:39] | – That it’s a training exercise, sir. – No. | -他们说这是常规训练 总统先生 -不是 |
[13:41] | This… this isn’t posturing. | 这不只是做姿态而已 |
[13:43] | They’re preparing for a strike against Iran. | 他们在准备再次袭击伊朗 |
[13:46] | Preparing for war. | 他们在准备战争 |
[13:48] | Sir, we already needed an inside straight | 总统先生 我们要赢得这场众议院投票 |
[13:51] | to win this election in the House of Representatives. | 就不能出一点差错 |
[13:53] | If Israel and Iran start shooting at each other, | 如果以色列和伊朗开战 |
[13:56] | we’re done. | 我们就完了 |
[13:57] | If Iran and Israel start shooting at each other… | 如果伊朗和以色列开战 |
[14:00] | the election will be the least of our problems. | 我们该担心的可就不是选举了 |
[14:02] | The only thing that will satisfy Israel | 唯一能满足以色列的 |
[14:05] | is an immediate reinstatement of the sanctions. | 就是立即恢复对伊朗的制裁 |
[14:09] | How do we do that? | 我们怎么办 |
[14:09] | The Security Council votes in a few hours. | 安理会几个小时后就要投票了 |
[14:12] | Well… | 那… |
[14:13] | every once in a great while, | 总统偶尔可以打出 |
[14:15] | a president can play the “Leader of the Free World” card. | “自由世界领袖”的牌 |
[14:22] | I’d say now’s about as good a time as any, sir. | 我觉得现在是这样做的好时机 总统先生 |
[14:26] | I’ll get on the phone with President Perrin. | 我给佩兰总统打电话 |
[14:29] | Make him understand that his Airbus deal won’t be worth much | 告诉他如果以色列把德黑兰夷为平地 |
[14:32] | if Israel flattens Tehran. | 他的飞机生意也就赚不着钱了 |
[14:40] | POTUS is trying to get France on board with the sanctions, | 总统正在劝说法国同意制裁 |
[14:43] | but if he doesn’t succeed in that, then we need to figure out | 但如果他没能成功 我们就得想出办法 |
[14:46] | a way to get Iran back in the box quickly, | 在以色列亲自动手之前 |
[14:48] | before Israel takes matters into their own hands. | 降服伊朗 |
[14:51] | Now, given that Walter has spent years | 沃尔特几十年来一直致力于 |
[14:53] | averting World War III, | 避免第三次世界大战 |
[14:54] | – I have invited him to join us. – You’re too kind, | -我把他请来了 -您太高抬我了 |
[14:57] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[14:58] | It’s always an honor | 我很荣幸 |
[15:00] | to be dusted off and brought blinking | 能够重新被启用 |
[15:02] | into the non-fluorescent radiance of the Seventh Floor. | 为暗无天日的七楼带来一点光辉 |
[15:06] | Though it would be nice to be invited | 虽然我更希望 |
[15:08] | for more than apocalyptic occasions. | 在不那么灾难性的时刻被请来 |
[15:12] | Too much? | 我是不是说多了 |
[15:14] | Why is Iran risking driving its economy into the ditch again? | 伊朗为什么又要冒经济一落千丈的风险 |
[15:20] | Not to mention a conflict with Israel, | 更不用说与以色列的冲突 |
[15:21] | which they have to know is coming? | 他们明知道会有这样的结果 |
[15:23] | To his grave detriment, | 遭受了巨大的伤害 |
[15:25] | Hamlet spends nearly the entire five acts | 《哈姆雷特》用了将近整整五幕 |
[15:28] | of his play trying to answer the question: | 来回答这样一个问题 |
[15:32] | “To be or not to be.” | “生存还是毁灭” |
[15:34] | Uh, Walter, the secretary does has other appointments today. | 沃尔特 国务卿女士今天还有其他预约 |
[15:38] | As if the choice were merely binary. | 选择看似是二元对立的 |
[15:41] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[15:43] | the possibilities were infinite, | 有无限可能 |
[15:46] | if he’d only asked the question, | 只要他把问题改为 |
[15:48] | “How to be,” instead. | “如何生存” |
[15:51] | We’re asking the wrong questions. | 我们问的问题不对 |
[15:53] | That’s what you’re saying. | 懂你的意思了 |
[15:54] | In so many, many words. | 说了这么多 |
[15:57] | What’s the right question? | 正确的问题是什么 |
[15:59] | Why would the Iranians | 伊朗为什么 |
[16:01] | want to cheat on the nuclear deal now? | 现在想单方面解除核协议 |
[16:04] | They’ve been trying to get a bomb for 30 years. | 他们三十年来一直在研发核弹 |
[16:06] | Yes, | 是的 |
[16:07] | but the real economic benefits | 但该协议带来的真正经济效益 |
[16:10] | of the deal– the French planes | 法国飞机 |
[16:12] | and some other geegaws notwithstanding– | 还有其他玩意 |
[16:15] | won’t manifest for another three years? | 为什么不能再维持三年呢 |
[16:19] | So, even if it were Iran’s intention | 所以 即使伊朗一直以来的意图 |
[16:23] | all along to break the deal, | 就是解除协议 |
[16:25] | why not wait until they had real money in the bank? | 为什么不等到他们拿到钱的时候 |
[16:28] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[16:29] | And if it wasn’t their intention all along, | 如果这不是他们的意图 |
[16:32] | – what changed? – Unfortunately, | -是什么改变了 -不幸的是 |
[16:34] | the only people who know the real answer to those questions | 知道这些问题的答案的 |
[16:37] | are the Iranians. | 只有伊朗人 |
[16:39] | Tehran has gone quiet. | 德兰黑方面不发表言论 |
[16:40] | Then, perhaps, we shouldn’t speak | 那可能我们不该 |
[16:42] | to the Iranians in Tehran. | 问德兰黑的伊朗人 |
[16:48] | The Iranian nuclear physicists | 伊朗核物理学家 |
[16:50] | who went to Vasily Heavy Industries, they’re… | 去了瓦西里重工 |
[16:52] | they’re still in Moscow. | 他们现在仍在莫斯科 |
[16:53] | Reach out to the Russian Federal Migration Service. | 接触一下俄罗斯联邦移民局 |
[16:56] | Thanks, Walter. | 谢谢你 沃尔特 |
[17:00] | This could work. | 这应该有用 |
[17:23] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[17:24] | Boom! There it is. | 太好了 赢了 |
[17:25] | Good game. | 打得不错 |
[17:27] | Best three out of five? | 五局三胜 |
[17:28] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[17:29] | No. Law of diminishing returns. | 不 收益递减规律 |
[17:32] | Kind of like… | 有点像 |
[17:33] | Sam Evans’ economic proposals. | 山姆·埃文斯经济方面的提案 |
[17:36] | You’re a broken record, man. | 你可真能唠叨 |
[17:42] | You’re fighting a losing battle. | 你毫无胜利的希望 |
[17:43] | Michigan’s a blue-collar state. | 密歇根是个蓝领州 |
[17:45] | Dalton’s too weak on trade. | 道尔顿在贸易方面太差了 |
[17:47] | So, you’d rather go with Sam Evans, | 所以你宁愿选择山姆·埃文斯 |
[17:48] | the protectionist? | 那个贸易保护主义者吗 |
[17:50] | I mean, come on. | 不是吧 |
[17:50] | Haven’t heard ideas like that since Herbert Hoover. | 赫伯特·胡佛之后就没听过这种观点 |
[17:53] | We all know how that turned out. | 我们都知道那会如何 |
[17:54] | You already lost two games today. | 你今天已经输了两场 |
[17:56] | You want to call the policy debate a draw? | 你想把政策辩论称为平局吗 |
[17:58] | It was good to see you, Jeff. | 很高兴见到你 杰夫 |
[18:00] | Please, give my love to Val and the girls, yeah? | 替我向瓦珥和孩子们问好 |
[18:04] | Actually, Val and I are getting a divorce. | 事实上 瓦珥和我正在办理离婚 |
[18:10] | I moved out three months ago. | 我们分居三个月了 |
[18:13] | Jeff, I’m so sorry to hear that. | 杰夫 很遗憾 |
[18:15] | Well, I’m around if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么的话随时找我 |
[18:17] | What I need’s a drink. | 我需要喝一杯 |
[18:19] | You in? | 一起吗 |
[18:21] | Russian Immigration detained the Iranian physicists | 俄罗斯移民局在伊朗核物理学家离境前 |
[18:23] | before they could leave Russia. | 扣留了他们 |
[18:25] | They’ve got them in holding at their building in Khotkovo. | 把他们关押在科特科瓦 |
[18:27] | What excuse did they give for picking them up? | 扣留他们的借口是什么 |
[18:29] | Improper completion of a migration card | 在边界关卡 |
[18:32] | at the border checkpoint. | 填写入境卡不当 |
[18:33] | I suppose we shouldn’t worry that it was so easy | 我想我们不应该去担心 |
[18:36] | for Russia to detain foreign citizens | 俄罗斯如此轻易地捏造罪名 |
[18:38] | on entirely trumped up charges? | 扣留外国人 |
[18:41] | Right. I know, got it. | 没错 我知道了 |
[18:42] | Different problem, different day. | 不同的问题 不同的时候 |
[18:44] | What’s going on? | 怎么样了 |
[18:46] | Oh, he’s detailing a laundry list of violations, | 他正在列举违规的清单 |
[18:49] | threatening prison on the Siberian tundra. | 威胁把他们关押在西伯利亚冻土地带 |
[18:52] | Let’s all put aside our Fifth Amendment heebie-jeebies | 让我们先把《第五修正案》的焦虑放一放 |
[18:55] | and get this done. | 先把这个搞定 |
[18:58] | She’s demanding to know what they’re doing in Russia. | 她在要求了解他们到俄罗斯做什么 |
[19:06] | What was that? | 他说什么 |
[19:08] | Such a bald-faced, childish lie. | 如此苍白 幼稚的谎言 |
[19:10] | It’s not worthy of repeating. | 都不值得再说一遍 |
[19:11] | Tell them that they were seen | 告诉他们是在瓦西里重工外面 |
[19:13] | outside of Vasily Heavy Industries. | 发现的他们 |
[19:15] | Ask them why they were there. | 问问他们为什么在那 |
[19:23] | He says that they got lost. | 他说他们迷路了 |
[19:26] | You notice the same two guys keep talking? | 你注意到那两个人一直在说话吗 |
[19:28] | Yeah. And one’s just sitting there. | 是的 另一个就坐在那儿 |
[19:31] | Separate them, and keep the quiet one with you. | 把他们分开 留下那个不说话的 |
[19:43] | Tell him you want to get him home. | 告诉他你想帮他回家 |
[19:45] | Back to his family. But first you need answers. | 重回家人的怀抱 但首先你需要答案 |
[19:53] | Pour him a glass of water. | 给他倒杯水 |
[19:59] | Now wait. Just wait. | 然后就等着 |
[20:10] | Okay, now tell him his friends are in separate rooms | 现在告诉他他的朋友们都分别在不同房间 |
[20:12] | and only the first one of them to confess the truth | 只有第一个说出事实的 |
[20:14] | gets to go home. | 才能回家 |
[20:50] | They were at Vasily Heavy Industries | 他们在瓦西里重工 |
[20:52] | to inspect nuclear technology. | 检查核技术 |
[20:54] | The tech was then purchased by the Razmian Bank | 该技术被拉孜米安银行买下 |
[20:57] | – and sent back to Iran. – Who did they send it to? | -并发回伊朗 -他们发给谁 |
[21:01] | Hossein Pakvar | 侯赛因·帕克瓦 |
[21:03] | Pakvar, works for this guy, | 帕克瓦 为这个人工作 |
[21:05] | Mohammed Abedini. | 穆罕默德·阿贝迪尼 |
[21:06] | Abedini’s a member of Iran’s Assembly of Experts. | 阿贝迪尼是伊朗专家会议的成员 |
[21:09] | The ones in charge of choosing the supreme leader, | 该会议负责挑选最高领导人 |
[21:11] | monitoring his activities. | 并控制他的行动 |
[21:13] | This feels like disturbing news, | 这消息让人很不安 |
[21:16] | but you two look oddly pleased. | 但你俩却看起来很高兴 |
[21:20] | I’m assuming there’s a part two? | 我想还没说完吧 |
[21:21] | Abedini’s been one of the most vocal critics | 阿贝迪尼在会议中是对最高领导人 |
[21:23] | of the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ruhmeini, in the Assembly. | 阿亚图拉·鲁梅尼批评得最多的一位 |
[21:25] | Guy’s been criticizing him at every turn. | 这家伙事事都批评他 |
[21:27] | Criticizing as much as possible for a dictatorial regime. But, | 尽可能多地批评独裁制度 但是 |
[21:31] | one of his main points of contention: our peace deal. | 他的主要论点之一 是我们的和平协议 |
[21:34] | Ask yourself, why did the supreme leader | 试问 为什么最高领导人 |
[21:36] | let our inspectors land in the first place? | 会让我们的检查员入境 |
[21:38] | Why let it come to a showdown | 为什么在他们最高机密设施外 |
[21:40] | outside their top secret facility? | 进行摊牌 |
[21:42] | Because the right hand didn’t know | 因为右翼不知道 |
[21:45] | what the left hand was doing. | 左翼在做什么 |
[21:47] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[21:48] | Because if Abedini is leading the charge | 因为如果阿贝迪尼在 |
[21:51] | on Iran’s nuclear ramp-up, | 主导伊朗核扩张 |
[21:52] | then the supreme leader might not even be onboard. | 那么最高领导人可能根本就不同意 |
[21:57] | Ma’am? | 国务卿女士 |
[21:58] | President Dalton convinced Perrin | 道尔顿总统说服了佩兰 |
[22:00] | not to exercise their veto. | 不行使否决权 |
[22:02] | France will support the sanctions. | 法国将支持制裁 |
[22:06] | Not that I was expecting a parade, | 我倒没有期望欢呼游行 |
[22:08] | but I was pretty sure that was good news. | 但我很确定这是个好消息 |
[22:09] | If what Jay and Walter are saying is true, | 如果杰伊和沃尔特所说的是真的 |
[22:13] | sanctions might not be necessary. | 制裁可能就没有必要了 |
[22:15] | Back channel through the Swiss embassy in Tehran. | 通过德黑兰的瑞士大使馆秘密联系 |
[22:18] | If I can get a meeting with Foreign Minister Tousi, | 如果我能和外交部长图西会面 |
[22:21] | we might be able to save our deal. | 我们或许能够拯救核协议 |
[22:32] | Minister Tousi, thank you | 图西外长 谢谢您 |
[22:34] | for agreeing to meet me on such short notice. | 在这么仓促的情况下和我见面 |
[22:37] | And such secretive circumstances. | 还是这么机密的情况 |
[22:40] | Well, yeah. | 没错 |
[22:42] | I thought we could talk more freely this way. | 我想这样子能更加自由地交谈 |
[22:44] | Very well, I’ll start. | 很好 我先说了 |
[22:45] | You postponed the vote in the Security Council. | 你推迟了安理会的投票 |
[22:49] | Perhaps you didn’t have the other members’ support | 可能你没得到其他成员国的支持 |
[22:52] | and are angling for a way out. | 正在寻找出路 |
[22:55] | Oh, I have the votes, I’ll use them if I have to. | 我搞定了投票 如果必要的话我会举行投票 |
[23:00] | Then what else is there to say? | 那你还要说什么 |
[23:03] | I need a cup of coffee. Do you want one? | 我得来杯咖啡 你要吗 |
[23:06] | You know, it’s funny, | 很有意思 |
[23:07] | because the last time I was in the Canadian embassy, | 因为上次我在加拿大大使馆 |
[23:10] | I had a meeting with your predecessor. | 我和你的上一任见了一面 |
[23:14] | Zahed Javani? | 扎何德·贾瓦尼 |
[23:17] | Javani was a friend of mine. | 贾瓦尼是我的朋友 |
[23:19] | We attended primary school together. | 我们是小学同学 |
[23:22] | Even then, he was an optimist. | 即使那时 他也是个乐观主义者 |
[23:25] | Yeah, he was. | 没错 |
[23:26] | He gave his life because he believed | 他献出了生命 因为他相信 |
[23:28] | that this peace deal was the best choice | 这个和平协议对我们两国来说 |
[23:31] | for both of our countries. | 都是最好的选择 |
[23:34] | Well, I share that belief. | 我同意这个观点 |
[23:36] | And I think the Ayatollah does, as well. | 我想阿亚图拉也这么想 |
[23:39] | Which is why I don’t believe | 这也是为什么我不相信 |
[23:40] | that he was responsible for breaking our agreement. | 他是打破该协议的原因 |
[23:43] | I think that was the work of Mohammed Abedini. | 我想这是穆罕默德·阿贝迪尼的杰作 |
[23:46] | The Ayatollah would swiftly crush | 阿亚图拉会迅速镇压 |
[23:48] | any such challenges to his regime. | 任何威胁他政权的挑战 |
[23:50] | I believe that he’s in control. | 我相信一切在他的掌控中 |
[23:53] | Now. | 现在 |
[23:53] | But I don’t think that he was aware | 但我不认为他知道 |
[23:56] | of Abedini’s actions when the inspectors showed up | 当检查员出现在你们的核设施的时候 |
[23:58] | at your nuclear facility. | 阿贝迪尼采取的行动 |
[24:00] | I think he went along to save face, | 我想他会继续保住脸面 |
[24:02] | rather than admit that your government was fracturing. | 而不是承认你们的政府正在分裂 |
[24:07] | And if the supreme leader | 如果最高领导人 |
[24:09] | never wanted to renege on the deal, then… | 从来都不想违背协议的话 |
[24:13] | well, shouldn’t we do our best to try and save it? | 那我们难道不应该尽全力拯救它吗 |
[24:18] | Even if what you are saying | 即使你说的关于阿贝迪尼的 |
[24:20] | about Abedini is true, | 都是真的 |
[24:23] | it is now immaterial. | 现在也都不重要了 |
[24:25] | Iran has followed your election closely. | 伊朗紧密关注你们的大选 |
[24:29] | We don’t like what we’re hearing. | 我们不喜欢我们所听到的 |
[24:30] | Sam Evans. | 山姆·埃文斯 |
[24:31] | He plans to destroy the peace deal the moment he’s in office. | 他打算一上任就撕毁该和平协议 |
[24:36] | That’s just rhetoric. | 那只是一种修辞 |
[24:37] | He has no intention of following through. | 他没打算真的实施 |
[24:39] | Our people are not mind readers, madam Secretary. | 我们的人又不会读心术 国务卿女士 |
[24:43] | How are they to know that? | 他们怎么能知道 |
[24:45] | To some, | 对于一些人来说 |
[24:46] | Abedini’s call to develop nuclear weapons | 阿布迪尼对于制造核武器的号召 |
[24:49] | is a way to hedge our bets. | 是我们的双保险 |
[24:51] | A Sam Evans presidency is just a possibility. | 山姆·埃文斯成为总统只是一种可能 |
[24:55] | Crippling sanctions on every sector of your economy | 对你们经济全方位的制裁 |
[24:59] | will be a reality. | 一定会成为现实 |
[25:00] | So then I ask you again: | 所以我再问您一次 |
[25:02] | what else is there to say? | 还有什么需要说的呢 |
[25:03] | Let IAEA inspect your nuclear facilities. | 让国际原子能机构对你们的核设施进行检查 |
[25:07] | Surrender all prohibited nuclear technology. | 停止所有禁止的核技术 |
[25:10] | And let’s honor the deal that Zahed Javani struck. | 让我们履行扎何德·贾瓦尼达成的协议 |
[25:16] | Iran must have assurances | 伊朗必须得到保证 |
[25:19] | that if Sam Evans does become president, | 如果山姆·埃文斯真当上了总统 |
[25:23] | then he, too, will honor the agreement we have made. | 那么他也得遵守我们达成的协议 |
[25:26] | If you can do that, | 如果你能做到 |
[25:29] | we can resurrect our deal. | 我们就可以继续我们的协议 |
[25:31] | Has Evans returned our calls? | 埃文斯给我们回电了吗 |
[25:33] | No, ma’am. He’s still refusing to speak with us | 没有 国务卿 他还是拒绝和我们对话 |
[25:35] | or anyone from Dalton’s administration. | 拒接所有道尔顿政府的人 |
[25:37] | Should I pretend I have a cable news show? | 我可以假装是电视新闻节目的人吗 |
[25:40] | I bet he’d talk to me then. | 那样他肯定会跟我说话 |
[25:42] | The big ham. | 他那么爱演 |
[25:43] | That would probably do the trick. | 说不定真可行 |
[25:44] | In fact, he’s doing a segment on Wolf Blitzer tonight. | 事实上 他今晚会上节目 |
[25:48] | Here you go. | 给您 |
[25:50] | Here in New York? | 就在纽约吗 |
[25:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:57] | Call the show, | 联系那个节目 |
[25:58] | tell them I’m coming down. | 说我会去 |
[25:59] | To talk about what? | 去谈什么 |
[26:01] | China, | 中国 |
[26:02] | the perfect Thanksgiving, I don’t know. | 或者感恩节有多棒 我不知道 |
[26:05] | Whatever, just get me booked, okay? | 随便什么 只管给我预定上 好吗 |
[26:07] | Israel is still pushing hard for some kind of response | 以色列还在施压让我们给出 |
[26:10] | to the Iran nuclear program. | 对伊朗核项目的回应 |
[26:12] | Just tell ’em to cool their jets. | 就告诉他们别派出战机[别急] |
[26:13] | – Right. – Literally. | -好 -就是字面意思 |
[26:14] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[26:20] | Oh, I… | 我… |
[26:21] | uh, okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[26:24] | So did you and Val try counseling? | 所以你和小瓦尝试婚姻咨询了吗 |
[26:27] | We tried everything– counseling, | 我们什么都试了 咨询 |
[26:29] | date nights. | 约会之夜 |
[26:30] | We even put up one of those | 我们甚至在卧室装上了 |
[26:34] | harness-type deals for the bedroom. | 那种控制系的道具 |
[26:37] | That’s… | 那真是… |
[26:39] | Wow, okay. | 好吧 |
[26:40] | Yeah, well, | 是啊 |
[26:40] | I installed the damn thing incorrectly, | 我装那鬼东西装得不对 |
[26:43] | ended up falling and wrenching my back. | 最后把自己给摔了还扭到了背 |
[26:45] | It was a disaster. | 真是场灾难 |
[26:48] | oh, man. Well… | 兄弟 |
[26:51] | at least you can tell yourself you did everything you could. | 至少你可以告诉自己你尽力了 |
[26:55] | Marriage…it’s tough. | 婚姻是艰难的 |
[26:58] | Not for old Hank McCord. | 对汉克·麦考德可不是这样 |
[27:03] | So, | 那么 |
[27:04] | Russell Jackson asked you to come butter me up, huh? | 拉塞尔·杰克逊让你来拍我马屁是吧 |
[27:07] | Well, to make a case for Dalton, | 是的 为了帮助道尔顿 |
[27:08] | but I was up front with you about that, man. | 但我和你是同甘共苦的 兄弟 |
[27:10] | Mostly, I came just to catch up. | 我主要就是来叙旧的 |
[27:11] | Yeah. ‘Cause we’re such good buddies. | 是啊 因为我们真是好兄弟 |
[27:13] | Jeff, is there something on your mind? | 杰夫 有什么事我不知道吗 |
[27:15] | Corpus Christi. | 科珀斯克里斯蒂 |
[27:20] | What about it? | 怎么了 |
[27:21] | The night before my final solo flight, | 我最后一次单飞前的那晚 |
[27:23] | you forced me to hit the bars with you. | 你逼我跟你去逛酒吧 |
[27:27] | Whoa, Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[27:28] | Come on, I don’t remember it like that at all. | 不是吧 我都不记得有那样的事了 |
[27:31] | You got me so drunk. | 你让我醉得 |
[27:32] | I couldn’t walk the next day. | 第二天路都走不了 |
[27:33] | – Oh, no. – But let alone fly a TA-4. | -不 -更不要说驾驶天鹰攻击机了 |
[27:35] | You didn’t tell me it was your-your flight test | 你在凌晨一点才告诉我 |
[27:37] | until, like, 1:00 a.m., | 你要参加飞行考试 |
[27:38] | and, what, the second I knew, | 而且 我一知道 |
[27:40] | I said we should go back to base. | 我就说我们该回去了 |
[27:41] | No, you-you sat back and watched me pound shots. | 不 你坐在一边看着我一直喝 |
[27:43] | You-you wanted to stay, what was I supposed to do? | 你想留下来 那我能怎么办 |
[27:45] | Force you out of there? | 把你绑走吗 |
[27:46] | We were trained for combat. | 我们是为战争而训练 |
[27:48] | I ended up stuck stateside through Desert Storm, | 结果沙尘暴的时候 我被困在了美国 |
[27:51] | the rest of you are off flying sorties over Baghdad. | 而你们其他人开飞机去了巴格达 |
[27:52] | You-you screwed me out of that, man! | 是你害了我 兄弟 |
[27:54] | You ever think maybe you’re the lucky one? | 你从没想过可能你才是幸运的吗 |
[27:57] | Jeff, w-what do you want me to say here? | 杰夫 你想让我说什么呢 |
[28:00] | That you’re sorry. | 道歉 |
[28:04] | You know, I came here because I thought | 我来这是因为我觉得 |
[28:05] | you were going through a rough time, | 你最近过得不好 |
[28:06] | and I assumed, apparently mistakenly, | 而且我以为我们是朋友 |
[28:08] | that we were friends. | 显然我错了 |
[28:09] | Yeah, I’ll– I’ll see you around. | 我们再会吧 |
[28:12] | It’s just– it’s just… | 只是 只是 |
[28:15] | You should have… | 你本该 |
[28:20] | you should have helped me… | 你本该拉我一把的 |
[28:23] | …not mess up. | 而不是搅局 |
[28:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:31] | Look, | 听着 |
[28:33] | you were a good pilot. | 你是一个优秀的飞行员 |
[28:35] | And if I played an unintentional role | 如果我无意中 |
[28:38] | in keeping you from proving that, then… | 妨碍了你证明这一点 那么 |
[28:41] | sure. | 当然 |
[28:43] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:48] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢谢 兄弟 |
[28:54] | I appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[28:58] | Governor Evans, | 埃文斯州长 |
[29:00] | ready for your close-up? | 准备好拍特写了吗 |
[29:01] | You would think with our foreign policy in shambles, | 你是用我们混乱的外交政策在思考吧 |
[29:04] | the Secretary of State would have better things to do | 否则你该知道国务卿有更重要的事去做 |
[29:06] | than stalk me. | 而不是跟踪我 |
[29:08] | You’re all set, Governor. | 都好了 州长 |
[29:09] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢谢你 |
[29:10] | You’re pretty hard to get a hold of otherwise. | 你想出了那一长串话很费脑吧 |
[29:15] | I’m not interested in whatever deal dalton is offering. | 我对道尔顿的任何提议都不感兴趣 |
[29:19] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, | 不知道你注意到没有 |
[29:20] | but I’m winning this thing. | 但我会赢的 |
[29:21] | Actually, | 事实上 |
[29:22] | I’m here to ask a favor. | 我是来请你帮个忙的 |
[29:24] | I hope you can appreciate how hard | 我希望你能体会到 |
[29:27] | that might be for me. | 这对我有多难 |
[29:29] | This should be good. | 这可太棒了 |
[29:30] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[29:31] | I need you to tone down your rhetoric on Iran. | 我需要你收敛一下你对伊朗的言论 |
[29:35] | You keep saying | 你一直在说 |
[29:36] | that you intend to rip up the nuclear deal on day one. | 你会在上任后立马取消核协议 |
[29:43] | I’m here telling you sincerely | 我诚恳地告诉您 |
[29:46] | that it would have world-altering consequences. | 那会带来翻天覆地的后果 |
[29:50] | Like Dalton losing the election. | 比如道尔顿选举失败吗 |
[29:52] | Yeah, that’s what I’m going for. | 那就是我的目的 |
[29:59] | Is it even true? | 是真的吗 |
[30:01] | Do you honestly intend to destroy the deal | 你确定你打算在当上总统的第一天 |
[30:05] | the day you become president? | 取消协议吗 |
[30:06] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[30:07] | If Iran tries to develop nuclear weapons, | 如果伊朗试图制造核武器 |
[30:10] | I’ll rip up that deal. | 我会取消协议 |
[30:12] | That is the deal. | 那就是协议 |
[30:13] | Already. | 已经是了 |
[30:15] | If Iran tries to become a nuclear-threshold country, | 如果伊朗试图成为一个达到核门槛的国家 |
[30:19] | we reinstate the sanctions. | 我们就恢复制裁 |
[30:21] | What you’re saying | 而你说的是 |
[30:22] | is that you intend to rip up the deal | 你会取消协议 |
[30:25] | regardless of whether Iran is making nukes or not. | 不管伊朗有没有在制造核武器 |
[30:29] | Fine, I’m being more figurative than literal. | 好吧 我是说得太模糊了 |
[30:31] | Of course, I don’t actually intend to | 当然 我不会真的打算 |
[30:35] | destroy the deal for no reason. | 毫无理由地取消协议 |
[30:37] | Then admit that publicly. | 那么就在公众面前承认吧 |
[30:39] | Put the interests of the country you hope to lead | 把这个你将领导的国家的利益 |
[30:43] | above your own. | 置于你个人利益之上 |
[30:46] | Stirring words. | 说得真激动人心 |
[30:47] | You are really gonna clean up on the speaking circuit | 只要练几个月 你就能靠演说 |
[30:50] | in a few months’ time. | 来赚大钱了 |
[30:54] | If you’ll excuse me? | 抱歉我要走了 |
[30:56] | Governor Evans? This way, sir. | 埃文斯州长 这边请 |
[31:00] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[31:01] | The sound guys are losing their minds. | 管麦克风那些人抓狂了 |
[31:02] | Evans’ mic was on the entire time. | 埃文斯的麦一直是开着的 |
[31:05] | They’re sitting on a major scoop. | 他们的手上握着一个大新闻 |
[31:06] | The whole conversation is on tape. | 整个对话都被录下来了 |
[31:08] | Was it? | 是吗 |
[31:11] | Well, that’s terrible. | 那真糟糕 |
[31:23] | Oh, God, what a terrible night. | 天哪 昨晚太糟糕了 |
[31:25] | Sorry, babe. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[31:26] | It was nice of you to be the bigger guy | 你安慰杰夫 |
[31:29] | and try to be a friend to Jeff. | 试图当他的朋友 这很贴心 |
[31:32] | And the harness part was funny. | 控制系道具的部分很有趣 |
[31:34] | Funny ha-ha or funny intriguing? | 是有趣还是让你感兴趣 |
[31:36] | Definitely ha-ha. | 当然是觉得有趣 |
[31:37] | I don’t like your stupid friend Megan. | 我不喜欢你的蠢朋友梅根 |
[31:39] | That means you do like her. | 那说明你真的喜欢她 |
[31:41] | Could you shut up? | 你能闭嘴吗 |
[31:42] | Kids, kids, kids… | 孩子们 |
[31:44] | Guys, your father’s… | 你们的父亲 |
[31:46] | a little tired this morning. | 今早有些累 |
[31:48] | Oh, my God, Dad, are you hung over? | 天哪 爸爸 你宿醉了吗 |
[31:49] | – No! – Yes. | -不 -是的 |
[31:52] | Okay. Yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[31:53] | Remember this the next time you think about drinking. | 下回你想喝酒的时候就想想他这副鬼样子 |
[31:56] | I will. | 我会的 |
[31:58] | Okay, show’s over. Get out of here. | 好吧 别看我了 走吧你们 |
[31:59] | Go on, go on. | 走吧 走吧 |
[32:01] | Remember, he did it for America. | 记住 他是为了国家才这样的 |
[32:04] | – Yeah. – Go. | -好 -走吧 |
[32:05] | Wait… wait, what does that even mean? | 等等 那是什么意思 |
[32:07] | It’s Russell Jackson. He’s probably calling to see | 是拉塞尔·杰克逊 估计是打电话来 |
[32:09] | how it went with Pearson last night. | 问你昨天晚上和皮尔逊谈得怎么样了 |
[32:11] | Someone’s about to have a worse morning than I am. | 今天早晨有人会比我还难受了 |
[32:14] | – Hello? – You, sir, are a miracle worker. | -你好 -尊敬的先生 您真是奇迹创造者 |
[32:17] | – I am? – Your boy Jeff Pearson | -是吗 -你的兄弟杰夫·皮尔逊 |
[32:18] | called and pledged Dalton his support an hour ago. | 一小时前来电话了 说一定会支持道尔顿 |
[32:21] | Nicely done, Professor. | 干得好 教授 |
[32:23] | – Uh, thanks. – With his vote, Michigan’s a lock and… | -谢谢 -有他的支持 密歇根就赢定了 |
[32:26] | Dalton is one step closer to actually winning this thing. | 道尔顿离赢得选举又进了一步 |
[32:30] | I’m having Adele send you a bottle of single malt. | 我让阿黛尔给你送一瓶单麦芽威士忌 |
[32:33] | – You’re still a Scotch man, right? – Not anymore. | -你现在还爱喝威士忌吧 -不喝了 |
[32:35] | Why don’t you just make time | 要不然你抽点时间见见斯蒂芬 |
[32:36] | to see Stevie about this Harvard | 帮她解决哈佛推荐信的事情 |
[32:38] | recommendation thing, we’ll call it even? | 就算我们扯平了 好吗 |
[32:40] | I got nothing but time for her. | 我现在有大把的时间见她 |
[32:43] | Get Adele on it. | 让阿黛尔办这件事 |
[32:45] | And he hung up. | 这就挂了 |
[32:48] | You know, Jeff was dead set against Dalton all night long. | 杰夫昨天晚上一直在猛烈批评道尔顿 |
[32:51] | Well, maybe… | 或许 |
[32:52] | getting all that stuff off his chest helped change his mind. | 把这些话吐出来让他改变想法了 |
[32:55] | That can’t be it, can it? | 不可能吧 可能吗 |
[32:57] | I mean, something as insignificant | 一个议员的陈年心理包袱 |
[32:59] | as one congressman’s old baggage sway the presidency? | 这种小事能影响总统选举 |
[33:02] | Sometimes it’s nice to think that a small act of kindness | 就当是一个小小的善意举动 |
[33:06] | could make a big difference. | 能够带来巨大的改变吧 |
[33:09] | Hey, most historical events happened | 大多数历史事件发生的原因 |
[33:11] | because some guy fell off his buggy. | 都是因为某个人卸下了他的包袱 |
[33:14] | Inaccurate, but appreciated. | 虽然不对 但说得好 |
[33:16] | Hey, Dad. | 爸爸 |
[33:17] | Heard you had a few drinks last night. | 听说你昨天晚上喝酒了 |
[33:22] | All right, go to the White House. | 去白宫吧 |
[33:24] | I regret that my words were taken out of context when I said that… | 我很遗憾我的话被人断章取义了… |
[33:27] | You said, “I don’t actually intend to destroy the deal.” | 你说”我并不是真的要撕毁核协议” |
[33:30] | – How could that be taken out of context? – Be… because if you look at | -这种话怎么断章取义 -因为如果你 |
[33:32] | the full scope of my words, I didn’t say… | 去听我说的全文 我没有说… |
[33:33] | Are you ripping up the deal or aren’t you? | 你到底是不是要撕毁核协议 |
[33:37] | Not doing so well staying on message now, is he? | 他现在真是百口莫辩 不是吗 |
[33:39] | Yeah, it’s a little harder when the message is, | 是啊 特别是现在看起来他像是在说 |
[33:41] | “Turns out my message is total BS.” | “我之前的说法都是胡扯” 就更难堪了 |
[33:44] | Ma’am, the press is still asking for an official statement. | 国务卿 媒体还是要求官方评论 |
[33:47] | How about “I’m shocked that | “我很惊讶一个有线电台新闻节目 |
[33:49] | a cable news show would run | 会布下这么大的陷阱 |
[33:50] | with a giant story that fell in its lap, just as I planned it.” | 又碰巧促成了我的计划” 怎么样 |
[33:53] | I’ll say you’re dismayed that a private conversation | 我就说对于你们的私人谈话被偷听 |
[33:55] | was overheard and taken out of context. | 并且被断章取义 你感到很沮丧 |
[33:56] | Or that. | 那样也可以 |
[33:58] | It’s good the American people now know | 这下美国人民总算认清了 |
[34:00] | that his promises were built on quicksand. | 他的承诺只是虚无缥缈的 |
[34:02] | Ma’am, the foreign minister of Iran is on the line for you. | 国务卿女士 伊朗外交部长在等您接电话 |
[34:08] | Even better it’s not just the American people who know. | 看来不只美国人民认清了这一点 |
[34:12] | Sorry we couldn’t do this sooner. | 很抱歉我耽误了这么久 |
[34:14] | Nature of the beast. | 政治就是这么残酷 |
[34:17] | Everyone around here’s 20 minutes late for a five-minute meeting. | 这里的人开个五分钟的会都要迟到二十分钟 |
[34:21] | No, um… | 没关系 |
[34:22] | I appreciate your time. | 我很感谢你能抽出时间 |
[34:26] | So… why does Harvard even care | 为什么哈佛这么在乎这些 |
[34:29] | about these terribly inconvenient meet and greets? | 麻烦的会面寒暄 |
[34:35] | I guess so you can tell me about the school. | 我想是为了让你告诉我学校的一些情况 |
[34:40] | give me advice based on your experience. | 根据你的经验给我一些建议 |
[34:43] | Maybe judge whether you think I’m worthy. | 或许评判一下你觉得我够不够资格 |
[34:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[34:47] | You want my advice? | 你想要我的建议 |
[34:49] | Don’t go to law school. | 不要上法学院 |
[34:51] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[34:52] | Just don’t do it. It stinks. | 不要上法学院 法学院太糟糕了 |
[34:55] | Every practicing lawyer I know is miserable. | 我认识的每一个律师都过得很痛苦 |
[34:58] | Most of what they do, it can be done by robots. | 他们的大多数工作都能够由机器人完成 |
[35:00] | The only ones who enjoy it are the bleeding hearts | 唯一小部分仍然热爱律师工作的 |
[35:03] | in the nonprofit sector. | 是那些待在非盈利组织的软心肠的人 |
[35:05] | Those poor suckers working hundred-hour weeks for peanuts. | 那些可怜虫每周工作一百小时却只能赚点糊口的钱 |
[35:10] | You’re one of those bleeding hearts. | 你就是个软心肠 |
[35:12] | Pretty much. | 算是吧 |
[35:14] | Fine, so, if you don’t want to score a nice corner office, | 好吧 如果你不想赚大钱 |
[35:17] | then why do you want to go to Harvard? | 那你为什么想去哈佛呢 |
[35:23] | Look, the pressure at Harvard Law is-is inhuman. | 哈佛法学院的压力不是常人能忍受的 |
[35:27] | And everyone there is a genius and a killer. | 每个人都既是天才又是杀手 |
[35:30] | If you can’t even give a reason… | 如果你连一个理由都找不出… |
[35:31] | Because I want to do something important. | 因为我想做大事 |
[35:34] | What’s Harvard got to do with that? | 这跟哈佛有什么关系 |
[35:36] | Well, I-I think | 我觉得 |
[35:38] | to do good you have to be good. I mean, | 要做大事首先自己要优秀 |
[35:40] | maybe the best? | 或许要成为最优秀的人 |
[35:42] | The bad guys, they have all the help that they need, | 那些坏人 他们可以得到所需要的任何帮助 |
[35:44] | but regular people who just need help? | 但如果普通人需要帮助呢 |
[35:46] | They-they have to settle for whoever they can get | 他们只能找那些他们负担得起的人 |
[35:48] | and usually it’s no one and… | 而他们常常任何律师都负担不起 |
[35:52] | I’m gonna give you a piece of advice | 那么我给你的建议是这样的 |
[35:54] | and I want you to listen closely | 你仔细听好了 |
[35:57] | ’cause you won’t hear it from your parents, | 因为你的父母不会跟你说这样的话 |
[35:59] | Stephanie McCord. | 斯蒂芬妮·麦考德 |
[36:02] | – OK. – If you want to do good… | -好的 -如果你想做好事 |
[36:04] | you’ve got to be prepared to do bad. | 你就要做好做坏事的准备 |
[36:08] | Okay? To be canny and watchful and mean, | 你要变得精明警惕而刻薄 |
[36:11] | so when the bad guys come, | 这样当那些坏人出现的时候 |
[36:13] | you know just where to stick the knife, | 你才知道往哪儿捅刀子 |
[36:16] | ’cause it is a fight to the death | 因为这是一场生死之战 |
[36:19] | and that is the only language they understand. | 这样才是打倒他们的唯一方法 |
[36:25] | I don’t believe that. | 我不相信 |
[36:30] | You will. | 总有一天你会相信的 |
[36:42] | Well, uh… thank you for your time. | 很感谢你能抽出时间 |
[36:46] | I… really appreciate it. | 我很感激 |
[36:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[36:55] | Come back tomorrow for the recommendation. | 明天来拿你的推荐信 |
[37:03] | You’ll still write it? | 你还是会帮我写推荐信吗 |
[37:05] | I never met a McCord who couldn’t rise to a challenge. | 我认识的麦考德家的人都不会向挑战屈服 |
[37:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:22] | Israel officially denies they were behind yesterday’s attack | 以色列官方否认了他们和昨天的 |
[38:25] | on the Iranian scientists. | 伊朗科学家被袭事件有关 |
[38:27] | They say the Caucasus is a hotbed | 他们说高加索地区 |
[38:29] | of radical Sunni Islam | 是激进逊尼派伊斯兰的温床 |
[38:32] | and any number of terrorist groups | 还说任何恐怖组织 |
[38:33] | could have been behind the strike. | 都有可能对这次袭击负责 |
[38:36] | Sure. Why not? | 当然了 这样说太方便了 |
[38:39] | No, I should have seen this coming. | 我早该预料到的 |
[38:42] | From the moment the peace deal was struck, | 从核协议敲定的那一刻起 |
[38:44] | Israel has constantly been looking for signs | 以色列就一直在寻找 |
[38:46] | that Iran wasn’t playing above board | 伊朗不按规则行事的迹象 |
[38:48] | and the minute Iran turned away the inspectors, | 伊朗拒绝国际原子能机构检查员进入 |
[38:51] | that was it for them. | 正是他们想看到的 |
[38:52] | Can we convince both parties to stay in their corner? | 我们能不能说服双方按兵不动 |
[38:55] | Not escalate things further? | 而不是让当前冲突升级 |
[38:57] | Sir, we have to assume | 总统先生 我们必须考虑到 |
[38:59] | Iran is already planning countermeasures. | 伊朗很有可能已经在计划反击了 |
[39:01] | Maybe with conventional forces, | 也许是通过常规部队 |
[39:03] | maybe asymmetric attacks | 也许是通过黎巴嫩真主党 哈马斯 |
[39:05] | through Hezbollah, Hamas, | 实施的非对称攻击 |
[39:08] | maybe both. | 也许兼而有之 |
[39:09] | And then when Iran hits back, | 而一旦伊朗实施了反击 |
[39:11] | Israel will respond in kind. | 以色列也会再次反击 |
[39:13] | And on it goes. | 然后不断循环 |
[39:15] | “Turning and turning in the widening gyre.” | “在不断扩大的回旋上旋转呀旋转” |
[39:23] | Put all of our bases on high alert. | 命令所有的军事基地进入高度警戒状态 |
[39:25] | We’ve got to be ready in case Iran tries to hit | 我们得做好准备 |
[39:27] | U.S. Targets, as well. | 以防伊朗攻击美军基地 |
[39:29] | – Thank you, sir. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢 总统先生 -是 总统先生 |
[39:35] | I suppose this isn’t helping our prospects in the House. | 我想这对我们在众议院的投票可没有帮助 |
[39:39] | Evans is using this conflict to renew credibility | 埃文斯正在利用这次冲突 |
[39:42] | with his supporters | 重新获取他的支持者对他的信任 |
[39:45] | and siphon off some of ours. | 同时在挖走一些我们的支持者 |
[39:47] | We’re hemorrhaging congressmen, | 在议员选票上我们在大出血 |
[39:49] | which… gives me the unenviable task of trying to… | 这就让止血的任务 |
[39:56] | …stop the bleeding. | 落到了我头上 |
[39:57] | If you’ll excuse me. | 抱歉我先走了 |
[40:09] | I need some air. | 我要出去透透气 |
[40:22] | Whether or not Israel’s behavior was rash… | 不管以色列是不是采取了鲁莽的行动 |
[40:27] | …if it comes to war… | 一旦爆发战争 |
[40:30] | we’re gonna have to back them against Iran. | 我们都得支持以色列对抗伊朗 |
[40:39] | I knew this peace deal would be hard… | 我知道这个和平协议会很艰难 |
[40:43] | but I didn’t think it would fall apart so spectacularly. | 可我没想到会以这么壮观的方式结束 |
[40:52] | Should I have seen this coming, Bess? | 我是不是早该预料到 贝丝 |
[40:55] | Did I overreach? | 我是不是走得太远了 |
[40:58] | Sir… | 总统先生 |
[41:01] | you were trying to protect the world from a nuclear-armed Iran, | 你是在试图保护世界免于核伊朗的威胁 |
[41:05] | and peacefully resolved a conflict we’d been in since 1979… | 以及和平解决一个从1979年就存在的冲突 |
[41:11] | and it almost worked. | 而且几乎快要成功了 |
[41:16] | Almost. | 几乎 |
[41:21] | Well, since my days as president are numbered… | 鉴于我当总统的日子已经屈指可数了 |
[41:26] | …the Iran deal is going to define my administration… | 伊朗核协议将会决定我的政府的成败 |
[41:31] | just… | 只不过 |
[41:33] | not the way I hoped. | 不是我所希望的结果 |
[41:50] | I need to speak with Congressmen Zaks, Winter, Ramsay, | 我要依次跟议员扎克斯 温特和拉姆齐通话 |
[41:54] | in that order and call my wife, tell her | 还有给我妻子打电话 告诉她 |
[41:56] | she should get herself a date for the Kennedy Center tonight, | 今晚重新找个人一起去肯尼迪中心 |
[41:58] | I’m not gonna make it. | 我去不成了 |
[42:00] | If this is a bad time, uh, I can, I can come back later. | 要是你现在不方便的话 我之后再来 |
[42:04] | No. | 不用 |
[42:06] | No. I’m determined to accomplish | 不用 我决心今天 |
[42:10] | at least one thing today. | 至少要完成一件事情 |
[42:14] | One thing I can actually… | 一件我完成之后可以从清单上划掉的事情 |
[42:17] | cross off my list without seven other things… | 而不是划掉了一件 |
[42:22] | popping up to take its place. | 又有七件其他的事情冒出来 |
[42:26] | One thing that doesn’t involve arm twisting… | 一件不用跟人纠缠扭打 |
[42:32] | …or browbeating… | 或者威逼恫吓的事情 |
[42:35] | – Are you… – …so, God… | -你… -上帝啊 |
[42:37] | …are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[42:43] | Help! Help! | 来人啊 |
[42:44] | Someone help! | 救命 |