时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | All teams in position. | 所有小队就位 |
[00:13] | Team One, you are clear to move in. | 一队 你们可以进入了 |
[00:29] | Rex Mayfield! Federal agents! | 雷克斯·梅菲尔德 我们是联邦探员 |
[00:34] | Rex Mayfield! | 雷克斯·梅菲尔德 |
[00:42] | Men down! | 多人受伤 |
[00:42] | Request immediate medical assistance. | 要求紧急医疗援助 |
[00:44] | Repeat, multiple men down! We got movement out back! | 重复 多人受伤 我们要撤出去 |
[00:48] | Cover back! | 掩护后面 |
[01:06] | It’s a beautiful day, boys. | 今天是个好日子 小伙子们 |
[01:09] | We’re all part of the Prophecy. | 我们都是预言的一部分 |
[01:11] | Isn’t that glorious? | 这不是很美好吗 |
[01:17] | Okay, any final | 好了 对西非之行 |
[01:18] | thoughts or concerns | 还有什么最后的想法 |
[01:19] | – on the West Africa trip? – Yeah. | -或者担心吗 -有 |
[01:21] | I’m just not seeing it. | 我就是搞不懂 |
[01:24] | Seeing what? | 搞不懂什么 |
[01:26] | The point of the trip. | 这次行程的意义 |
[01:27] | The trip that leaves in two hours? | 两个小时后就要开始的行程吗 |
[01:29] | You mean beyond funding clean-energy | 这趟行程可以为我们与尼日利亚 |
[01:31] | partnerships with Nigeria and Senegal | 和塞内加尔合作经营清洁能源提供资金 |
[01:33] | that will bring millions of Africans electricity? | 从而给几百万非洲人民带来电 |
[01:36] | Thus bolstering two of the most dynamic nations in the region? | 也就支持了当地最有活力的两个国家 |
[01:39] | Not to mention locking in | 更不用说也能保证 |
[01:41] | education and employment initiatives | 给当地的妇女和女孩带来 |
[01:43] | for women and girls. | 就业和教育的机会 |
[01:44] | Which is key to transforming developing economies. | 这是发展经济的关键 |
[01:47] | So… | 所以 |
[01:48] | you’re not seeing the point of that? | 你还是搞不懂这趟行程的意义吗 |
[01:51] | This is the first trip of the new administration. | 这是新任政府的首次出行 |
[01:53] | Indeed, of Dalton’s new Independent party. | 也是道尔顿的新独立党的首次出行 |
[01:56] | There are a lot of eyes on this. | 很多双眼睛在盯着 |
[01:58] | Which is why we’re going to Africa. | 所以我们才要去非洲 |
[02:00] | It has the youngest and fastest-growing population on Earth. | 那里年轻人的人口增长率是全世界最快的 |
[02:04] | Africa is literally the future. | 非洲真的是未来 |
[02:07] | Sure. But right now? | 没错 可现在就要去吗 |
[02:09] | Congress only gave us a third of the money we asked for. | 国会只批准了我们申请预算的三分之一 |
[02:11] | There’s a good chance we could go | 我们很有可能大老远跑去 |
[02:13] | all the way there and not succeed. | 却一无所获 |
[02:14] | – And also, you hate to fly. – That’s not it. | -况且 你不爱坐飞机 -不是因为这个 |
[02:19] | That’s mostly not it. | 不是主要原因 |
[02:20] | So your concern, Daisy, | 戴西 你的担心是 |
[02:22] | is by going with such fanfare, | 我们这么大张旗鼓地去了 |
[02:24] | if we were to come up short, | 如果没有什么大的成果 |
[02:25] | it could do a great deal of harm. | 会对我们伤害很大 |
[02:26] | To the administration. | 对这届政府 |
[02:28] | And, frankly, to our long-term goals in Africa. | 说实话 也对我们在非洲的长期目标不利 |
[02:30] | I hear you, | 我知道了 |
[02:32] | but diplomacy is all about representing American values | 可是外交就是要面对面地代表 |
[02:35] | and interests face-to-face. | 美国价值和利益 |
[02:37] | Sometimes you just have to get on the plane. Let’s go. | 有时你就不得不坐飞机 走吧 |
[02:39] | Even if it’s a broken-down plane | 即使那是一架不是用于 |
[02:41] | that was never designed for transcontinental flight. | 洲际飞行的破飞机 |
[02:43] | Shut up. You’re not even going. | 闭嘴吧 你又不去 |
[02:46] | Which I’m super glad about. | 所以我非常高兴 |
[02:47] | Oh, Daisy, don’t listen to him. It’s gonna be fun. | 黛西 别听他的 一定会很有趣的 |
[02:50] | Famous last words. | 鬼才信 |
[02:54] | And dinner’s served. | 晚餐好了 |
[03:03] | Oh, gee, Dad, enchiladas. | 天哪 老爸 是玉米面辣椒肉馅饼 |
[03:05] | Our favorite. Thanks. You’re the best, Dad. | 我们最喜欢的 谢谢你 你是最好的老爸 |
[03:07] | Oh, that’s okay, kids. | 不用谢 孩子们 |
[03:09] | – It makes it all worthwhile… – Okay. All right. | -只要跟你们一起吃饭 -好吧 别说了 |
[03:10] | …just having dinner with you. | 一切都是值得的 |
[03:11] | – Oh, hi. Hi. – Okay, fine. | -行了 -好了 |
[03:12] | Hi. Look, isn’t this nice? | 这样多好 |
[03:15] | No electronics, a little human conversation. | 没有电子设备 人与人之间交流 |
[03:18] | Let’s try to keep it going for the seven minutes | 保持这样七分钟 |
[03:20] | it’s gonna take us to wolf down our enchiladas. | 让我们把这些东西狼吞虎咽下去 |
[03:24] | You were saying? | 你刚才说什么来着 |
[03:26] | All right, okay. Oh, sorry. | 好吧 我道歉 |
[03:28] | I’ve got to take this. | 我必须得接 |
[03:30] | – Hello? – Dr. McCord, | -你好 -麦考德博士 |
[03:31] | it’s Marguerite Sanchez from the FBI. | 我是联调局的玛格丽特·桑切斯 |
[03:33] | Deputy Director Sanchez, what can I do for you? | 桑切斯副主任 有什么事吗 |
[03:35] | We apprehended a suspect today | 我们今天抓获了一名嫌疑人 |
[03:36] | whom we believe is responsible | 我们认为他就是 |
[03:38] | for building the bomb that was used in the attack | 伊利诺斯州咖啡店爆炸案中 |
[03:40] | at the coffee shop in Illinois. | 制造炸弹的人 |
[03:42] | Yeah, I saw that on the news. | 是的 我看了那条新闻 |
[03:43] | I think you may have some knowledge and expertise | 我觉得你的专业知识 |
[03:45] | – that could be helpful to our investigation. – How so? | -对我们的调查会有帮助 -怎么说 |
[03:48] | I prefer to discuss it in person. | 我们还是面谈吧 |
[03:50] | Okay, uh, I can clear some time on my schedule tomorrow morning. | 好的 明天早晨我可以抽点时间 |
[03:53] | I’ll be at your house in five minutes. | 我五分钟后就会到你家了 |
[04:01] | This is our guy, Rex Mayfield. | 这就是我们抓到的人 雷克斯·梅菲尔德 |
[04:06] | He built the bomb that Atif Al-Mutaya | 阿蒂夫·阿尔穆塔在伊利诺伊州 |
[04:07] | detonated in Illinois? | 引爆的炸弹就是他造的吗 |
[04:09] | They met in an ISIS chat room | 他们是在伊斯兰国的聊天室里认识的 |
[04:11] | and made the deal on the Dark Web. | 然后在秘密网络上做了交易 |
[04:13] | The bomb was fairly sophisticated. | 那颗炸弹的结构很复杂 |
[04:16] | Evidence discovered in Mayfield’s barn | 在梅菲尔德仓库里发现的证据表明 |
[04:17] | links him strongly to that bomb. | 极有可能是他造的炸弹 |
[04:19] | Did he have any prior ties to ISIS, | 他之前跟伊斯兰国有关系吗 |
[04:21] | or is he self-radicalized? | 还是他自己变成激进人士的 |
[04:22] | That’s one of the things we’re hoping you can help us with. | 这是需要你帮忙查清的事情之一 |
[04:25] | So far, he’s not really saying much that’s useful. | 目前为止 他还没说出什么有用的线索 |
[04:27] | Well, look, I would be happy to help, | 听我说 我也很乐意帮忙 |
[04:28] | but you must have experts better qualified in Islamic extremism. | 可你们肯定有伊斯兰极端主义方面的专家 |
[04:32] | He also has ties to another radical group | 他跟一个你非常熟悉的基金组织 |
[04:35] | you’re very familiar with. | 也有关系 |
[04:40] | The Covenant of John? | 约翰圣约组织 |
[04:42] | I haven’t heard that name in a while. | 我已经很久没有听过这个名字了 |
[04:44] | Apparently, he’s one of the survivors | 显然 在对他们在玻利维亚的总部 |
[04:46] | of the raid on their compound in Bolivia. | 袭击后 他活了下来 |
[04:48] | Yeah, I almost wasn’t. | 是的 我当时差点死了 |
[04:50] | We’re hoping your experience with the group can provide | 我们希望利用你对那个组织的了解 |
[04:52] | some insight into why | 能为我们提供一些帮助 |
[04:53] | a former member of a Christian doomsday cult | 从而弄清一个前基督世界末日教的成员 |
[04:56] | is selling bombs to ISIS. | 为什么会向伊斯兰国卖一些炸弹 |
[04:58] | Wait. Bombs? Plural? | 等等 一些炸弹 不止一颗吗 |
[05:01] | When we raided his compound this morning, | 我们今天早晨突袭了他的住处 |
[05:03] | we found evidence that Mayfield recently built a bomb | 发现的证据表明他最近造了一颗炸弹 |
[05:06] | even larger than the one he sold to Al-Mutaya. | 而且比卖给阿尔穆塔的还要大 |
[05:10] | We don’t know where it is or who may have it. | 我们不知道炸弹在哪 不知道谁买了它 |
[05:13] | We need him to tell us before it goes off. | 所以需要在炸弹爆炸前让他开口 |
[05:19] | 塞内加尔 达喀尔 | |
[05:21] | Science, | 科学 |
[05:22] | technology, engineering, math. | 技术 工程学 数学 |
[05:26] | What do all these fields have in common? | 这些领域有什么共同点呢 |
[05:29] | Well, for starters, they were my favorite subjects in school. | 首先 这些是我上学时最喜欢的科目 |
[05:33] | And I bet they’re yours, too. | 而且我相信也是你们最喜欢的 |
[05:38] | They’re also subjects that, | 也有很多人跟我说过 |
[05:39] | as more than one adult told me, | 这些学科 |
[05:42] | weren’t really the right ones for a girl to care about. | 并不适合女孩去学 |
[05:46] | And I bet maybe somebody said the same thing to you, right? | 肯定也有人跟你们说过这种话 对吧 |
[05:50] | So it’s a good thing we didn’t listen, right? | 幸亏我们没听他们的 对吧 |
[05:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:55] | Instead, you guys came here from all over Africa– | 你们来自非洲的各个地方 |
[06:00] | Togo to Tanzania, Mozambique to Morocco– | 多哥 坦桑尼亚 莫桑比克 摩洛哥 |
[06:03] | to learn and to make new friends. | 想要学习 想要认识新朋友 |
[06:06] | Let me tell you about why I love math. | 我来跟你们说说我为什么喜欢数学 |
[06:09] | When I was 15, I lost my parents | 我15岁的时候 失去了父母 |
[06:12] | in a car accident, | 他们出了车祸 |
[06:13] | and school became my refuge. | 于是学校就成了我的避难所 |
[06:17] | Especially math. | 特别是数学 |
[06:19] | Because math– math is elegant. | 因为数学 数学非常优雅 |
[06:22] | Math is fun. | 数学很有趣 |
[06:24] | And in a chaotic world, math made sense. | 而且在这个混乱世界里 数学让一切有意义 |
[06:30] | Well, maybe not calculus. | 或许不包括微积分 |
[06:33] | So when someone tells you that math isn’t for girls, | 所以 当有人告诉你数学不适合女孩时 |
[06:38] | or when someone calls you a nerd, | 或者有人说你是书呆子时 |
[06:41] | they don’t know it, but they’re paying you a compliment. | 他们并不知道 其实他们是在恭维你 |
[06:45] | Because, believe me, | 因为 请相信我 |
[06:47] | your passion for these fields | 你对这些领域的热情 |
[06:50] | will take you places more incredible than you’d ever dreamed. | 会让你达到你想象不到的高度 |
[06:55] | And for me, this is one of those places. | 对我来说 现在就是我达到的高度 |
[06:57] | So it is an honor to be here with you today. | 今天很荣幸能来这里跟你们见面 |
[07:01] | Thank you. And I am looking forward | 谢谢你们 我很期待 |
[07:03] | to talking with you guys about your projects. | 能跟你们谈谈你们的项目 |
[07:06] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[07:11] | See? Not so bad. | 你看 还不错吧 |
[07:13] | So far, so good. | 目前还好 |
[07:20] | Looks like you spoke too soon. | 看起来这话说得有点早 |
[07:27] | Madam Secretary, I have some bad news. | 国务卿女士 我有些坏消息 |
[07:31] | President Diome, | 迪奥梅总统 |
[07:33] | all of the leg work on the solar farm | 太阳能电厂所有准备工作 |
[07:35] | has been done. | 都做好了 |
[07:36] | Why on earth would you turn around | 你为什么要反悔 |
[07:38] | and give the contract to the Chinese? | 把合同交给中国呢 |
[07:41] | They offered us better terms. | 他们提供了更好的条件 |
[07:43] | Let me guess, no money down | 我来猜猜 是不是零首付 |
[07:45] | in exchange for exclusive rights | 来换取对你们的 |
[07:47] | to your, what, titanium reserves? | 钛的专有权 |
[07:50] | The oil and gas fields recently discovered | 其实是在我们海岸最近发现的 |
[07:53] | off our coast, actually. | 油气田 |
[07:55] | China’s been making these deals | 中国在非洲各个地方都提出了 |
[07:56] | all over Africa. | 这种交易 |
[07:57] | They rarely work out well for the host nation. | 可是很少有对当地产生好处的 |
[08:00] | You know that. | 你很清楚的 |
[08:00] | The Chinese will import their own workers | 中国会派他们自己的工人 |
[08:02] | to build the solar farm, and then, most likely, | 来建造太阳能电厂 而且很有可能 |
[08:05] | they won’t train local engineers | 当他们离开后 不会培训当地的工程师 |
[08:06] | to maintain it once they’re gone. | 来对发电厂进行维护 |
[08:08] | So you’re looking at five years max | 所以您现在是用最多五年的使用期 |
[08:12] | of actual use in exchange for decades | 来换取几十年 |
[08:15] | of unfavorable terms on the oil field. | 开采油田的不利条件 |
[08:17] | Yes, but Senegal is booming. | 是的 但是塞内加尔正在飞速发展 |
[08:20] | We’re building an entirely new city | 我们正在我们的首都周围 |
[08:22] | outside of our capital. | 建造一座全新的城市 |
[08:24] | We need electricity today. | 我们现在就需要电能 |
[08:27] | China can offer that. | 中国可以向我们提供 |
[08:28] | You’re right, Senegal is booming. | 您说得对 塞内加尔是在飞速发展 |
[08:30] | That is why the United States wants to invest | 所以美国才想对你们投资 |
[08:33] | in diversifying your economy and your workforce. | 令你们的经济和劳动力更加多元化 |
[08:37] | Then why didn’t your Congress fund the project fully? | 那你们的国会为什么没有批准项目的全款 |
[08:40] | Foreign Minister Chen assured me | 中国的外交部陈部长向我保证 |
[08:42] | that China has no such problems with cash flow. | 中国在资金方面绝对没有问题 |
[08:44] | When did you speak with Minister Chen? | 您为什么会跟陈部长联系 |
[08:46] | He came to town yesterday. | 他昨天来了 |
[08:49] | Not only did Minister Chen | 陈部长不仅在 |
[08:52] | undercut our deal at the last minute, | 最后关头压制了我们的协议 |
[08:55] | he chose to do so in a very public and embarrassing way. | 他还故意高调办事 好让我们出丑 |
[08:59] | So he… he trolled us? | 他说咱们的坏话了吗 |
[09:01] | Arguably tried to bigfoot us. | 大概是想丑化我们 |
[09:03] | I believe the correct diplomatic term is | 我觉得正确的外交词汇是 |
[09:04] | he “pantsed” us. | 他在”使我们出丑” |
[09:06] | Can I use that quote for the media? | 我能对媒体用这个词吗 |
[09:07] | Because the gaggle’s already wondering what the hell’s going on. | 因为媒体已经在揣测发生了什么 |
[09:10] | What’s going on is | 事情就是 |
[09:11] | China is sending a message that they are | 中方在传递一个信息 |
[09:13] | a bigger player in Africa than we are, | 他们在非洲事务中扮演的角色比我们重要 |
[09:15] | regardless of whether or what they’re up to | 而对他们想做的事是否 |
[09:17] | is actually beneficial in the long term. | 有长远利益毫不在意 |
[09:20] | Call the advance team. Fire up the jet. | 打电话给先遣组 安排一架飞机 |
[09:22] | Chen knows our itinerary. | 陈知道我们的行程 |
[09:23] | We have to beat him to Nigeria. | 我们必须赶在他前面到尼日利亚 |
[09:24] | Let’s move. Nobody pantses America. | 我们走 没人能使美国出丑 |
[09:31] | I know a guy at the Department of Transportation. | 我认识一个交通部的人 |
[09:33] | Ironically, he never goes anywhere. | 讽刺的是 他哪儿都不去 |
[09:35] | Good for him. | 真不错 |
[09:38] | The secretary needs to brief the gaggle. | 国务卿需要向媒体做简报 |
[09:40] | Nigeria’s a giant in the energy sector, | 尼日利亚能源储备丰富 |
[09:42] | but they’re losing out in manufacturing | 但是由于电力缺乏 |
[09:44] | and human capital due to their lack of electrification. | 制造业萧条 人力匮乏 |
[09:46] | – That’s the case we need to make. – Ma’am. | -我们要利用这一点 -国务卿 |
[09:49] | – Is it time for you to tell me you told me so? – No. | -你是来告诉我这些你都说过了吗 -不是 |
[09:51] | But I do think you should go back and speak to the gaggle. | 但我觉得你该去应付媒体了 |
[09:54] | They want answers about the change of plans. | 他们想了解为什么我们改变了策略 |
[09:56] | I-I’m just a little busy here. | 我 我现在有点忙 |
[09:59] | Let’s-let’s do it tonight in Abuja, okay? | 今晚到了阿布贾再说吧 好吗 |
[10:01] | Yes, ma’am. No problem. | 好的 国务卿 没问题 |
[10:05] | Daisy, | 黛西 |
[10:06] | why can’t the secretary just come talk to us herself? | 为什么现在国务卿不能过来和我们聊聊 |
[10:08] | She’s 20 feet away. | 她离得并不远 |
[10:10] | Believe it or not, Pilar, the secretary of state | 不管你信不信 皮拉尔 国务卿 |
[10:11] | has other things to do than talk to you, | 现在有比和你聊聊更重要的事情要做 |
[10:13] | lovely as you all are. | 大家都是 |
[10:16] | Go ahead, Ethan. | 请说 伊桑 |
[10:17] | Shouldn’t the secretary | 难道国务卿不应该预见到 |
[10:18] | have anticipated that China might try to undercut | 中国会试图用更低的价格 |
[10:20] | her initiatives, | 来与她的提案竞争吗 |
[10:21] | especially when the funding she received from Congress | 尤其是国会拨的资金 |
[10:23] | is so far below what she asked for? | 远低于她的期望值 |
[10:25] | Actually, Ethan, the secretary is confident that both her visit | 伊森 其实国务卿对本次访问很有信心 |
[10:27] | and the initiatives that were launched will be highly successful, | 而这次提案也将进展得非常顺利 |
[10:30] | because they’re doing something… | 因为他们做的事… |
[10:32] | All right, everyone, uh, great talk. | 好了 各位 谈话很成功 |
[10:34] | I will address the rest of your questions later. | 我稍后再回答剩下的提问 |
[10:37] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[10:38] | What the hell was that? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[10:40] | Turbulence, right? | 是气流 对吗 |
[10:42] | – Tell me that was turbulence. – Mechanical failure. | -告诉我是气流 -机械故障 |
[10:44] | – Not funny. – I’m not kidding. | -别开玩笑 -我没有开玩笑 |
[10:46] | – Oh, God. – Ladies and gentlemen, | -天啊 -女士们先生们 |
[10:48] | the captain has requested that you return to your seats | 机长要求大家回到各自的座位 |
[10:50] | and fasten your seatbelts. | 并系好安全带 |
[10:53] | So, um, here’s the thing, listen, we kind of lost an engine. | 听我说 我们有一个引擎发生了故障 |
[10:56] | That’s not good at all. | 情况一点也不妙 |
[10:57] | We’re gonna make an emergency landing in Togo. | 我们要在多哥紧急迫降 |
[11:01] | But the thing is, Daisy, | 但重点是 黛西 |
[11:03] | we’re not gonna die. Come on. | 我们不会死的 振作一点 |
[11:05] | The odds of us dying in a crash are 11 million to one. | 坠机身亡的几率是一千一百万分之一 |
[11:08] | That’s slightly lower than getting killed by lightning, | 比被闪电劈死的几率还低 |
[11:12] | but admittedly higher than being killed by a falling coconut. | 但比被掉落的椰子砸死稍高一点 |
[11:16] | But, look, the point is, | 但是 瞧 重点是 |
[11:19] | the chances of us dying in a crash | 从宇航学的角度来说 |
[11:22] | are astronomically improbable. | 我们死于坠机的几率几乎为零 |
[11:25] | We’re gonna be fine. | 我们不会有事的 |
[11:28] | No offense, ma’am, uh, | 无意冒犯 国务卿 |
[11:30] | that would all be much more comforting to a math major, | 这个对数学专业的人比较有安慰作用 |
[11:33] | so if you don’t mind, I’m just gonna close my eyes now. | 所以你不介意的话 我现在要闭上眼睛 |
[11:36] | Sure. | 当然不介意 |
[11:54] | You’re going to prison for the rest of your life. | 你剩下的日子都要在监狱里度过了 |
[11:56] | But if you tell us where the other bomb is, | 但如果你告诉我们其它炸弹在哪里 |
[11:58] | we can take death off the table. | 我们能免你一死 |
[12:00] | Oh, I’d argue death has a mind of its own. | 我觉得死亡自有打算 |
[12:05] | Where’s the other bomb, Rex? | 另外那颗炸弹在哪里 雷克斯 |
[12:07] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[12:08] | But like you, I’m all atwitter to find out. | 和你一样 我也很想知道 |
[12:13] | You said you built the bombs to bring about the prophecy. | 你说过你造这些炸弹是为了引出预言 |
[12:16] | Which prophecy is that? | 什么预言 |
[12:18] | Well, that would be | 那就是 |
[12:19] | the final battle between the Crusaders and the Faithful | 迪比克平原上的信徒和十字军的 |
[12:22] | on the plains of Dubuque. | 最终之战 |
[12:24] | And what have you. | 诸如此类 |
[12:27] | Dubuque, Iowa? | 爱荷华州的迪比克吗 |
[12:28] | Dabiq, Syria. | 叙利亚的达比克 |
[12:30] | Henry McCord, | 我是亨利·麦考德 |
[12:30] | Special Agent Mohammed Maloof, Counter-Terrorism. | 我是反恐部的穆罕默德·马卢夫 |
[12:33] | Great to meet you, Dr. McCord. | 很高兴认识你 麦考德博士 |
[12:34] | Familiar with your work. | 我读过你的著作 |
[12:35] | – You can call me Mo. – Henry, please. | -叫我穆就行了 -你可以叫我亨利 |
[12:37] | Dabiq is a town in northern Syria | 达比克是北叙利亚的一个镇子 |
[12:38] | that devout members of ISIS believe will be the site | 伊斯兰国的追随者们认为 |
[12:40] | of the final battle | 和西方世界的最终之战 |
[12:41] | with the West that will usher in the apocalypse. | 会像预言所说的那样在那里发生 |
[12:43] | So why did he mispronounce it? | 为什么他发错了音 |
[12:45] | Is he joking or ignorant? | 是他在开玩笑还是无心之失 |
[12:47] | Either or both. | 都有可能 也可能两者都有 |
[12:49] | After listening to him talk all night, | 听了他整晚的审讯 |
[12:51] | I’m not convinced he’s a particularly devoted convert to Islam. | 我不相信他是个虔诚的转信伊斯兰教的人 |
[12:54] | But does that necessarily mean | 那这是不是意味着 |
[12:55] | he wouldn’t give a second bomb to ISIS? | 他不会为伊斯兰国制造第二枚炸弹 |
[12:58] | What’s up, Mo? | 怎么了 穆 |
[12:59] | Now we’re still mapping mayfield’s communications, | 我们现在还在整理梅菲尔德的供词 |
[13:01] | but he seems to have tried to reach out | 但他似乎试着与其他一些 |
[13:03] | to a few other Covenant of John survivors. | 约翰圣约组织成员联系 |
[13:09] | What about known Islamic State operatives | 其中有没有已经确认身份的伊斯兰特工 |
[13:12] | or sympathizers? | 或支持伊斯兰的人呢 |
[13:13] | After Al-Mutaya, none. | 除了阿尔穆塔外 没有了 |
[13:15] | If the first bomb was for them, | 如果第一枚炸弹是为他们造的 |
[13:17] | odds are the second is too. | 很有可能第二枚也是 |
[13:19] | Then I’m curious | 那我就很奇怪 |
[13:20] | why he would contact members of his old cult. | 为什么他会和以前的宗教成员联系 |
[13:23] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[13:27] | Thanks, Scott, we owe you one. | 谢谢你 斯科特 我们欠你个人情 |
[13:29] | Yeah, all right, thanks, talk to you soon. | 好了 谢谢 一会再聊 |
[13:32] | All right, the good news is | 好了 好消息是 |
[13:33] | the Ops Center got us all booked on a commercial flight | 应急行动中心为我们订了去尼日利亚的 |
[13:35] | to Nigeria on Air Abuja. | 阿布贾航空公司的经济舱 |
[13:37] | That’s an airline? | 还有这个航空公司吗 |
[13:38] | What’s the bad news? | 那坏消息是什么 |
[13:39] | Uh, yes, the bad news is it leaves in 20 minutes | 是的 坏消息是20分钟后 |
[13:41] | from the opposite end of the terminal. | 飞机就要在航站楼的另一头起飞了 |
[13:43] | – Then we better hustle. We ready? – Yeah. | -那我们得快点 准备好了吗 -好了 |
[13:46] | Okay, let’s go. | 好吧 我们走 |
[13:47] | Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up. | 快点 快点 快点 |
[13:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:56] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[13:57] | Yeah, we’re gonna miss that flight. | 是的 我们要错过航班了 |
[13:59] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[14:01] | welcome to Togo. | 欢迎来到多哥 |
[14:03] | Mr. President, what-what a pleasure to be here. | 总统先生 很荣幸来到这里 |
[14:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:06] | It will be my great honor to show you the sights of Lomé, | 能带您参观一下洛美是我莫大的荣幸 |
[14:10] | Our beautiful capital city. | 我们美丽的首都城市 |
[14:11] | – Please come with me. – Okay. | -请跟我来 -好的 |
[14:13] | He knows this isn’t an official state visit, right? | 他知道这次不是正式的国家访问 对吗 |
[14:15] | It is now. | 现在是了 |
[14:16] | So let me understand: the secretary of state | 让我来理理 美国国务卿 |
[14:20] | is on an extremely high-profile, official trip, | 现在正在进行一场备受瞩目的正式访问 |
[14:24] | and you’re telling me that | 你却告诉我 你最快要到下周 |
[14:26] | the soonest you can get her plane fixed is next week? | 才能把她的飞机修好 |
[14:29] | Affirmative. | 是的 |
[14:30] | Because the replacement part | 因为飞机的替换零件 |
[14:31] | is being held in reserve for another plane | 要为另一架飞机预留 |
[14:34] | which might go down but hasn’t? | 而那架飞机本应已降落但现在还没有降落吗 |
[14:37] | Affirmative. | 是的 |
[14:38] | Surely, Major Farkis, you can see that makes no sense. | 帕奇斯少校 你肯定知道这一点也不合理 |
[14:41] | Negative. | 不觉得 |
[14:41] | Negative. Right, it makes negative sense. | 不 好吧 这真的不合理 |
[14:44] | I’m glad you agree. | 很高兴你认同我的观点 |
[14:45] | Ma’am, the issue is that the high compressor drum | 长官 问题是高压压缩机 |
[14:47] | requires special MHE before we reroute it to the APOE. | 运到新飞机上需要特殊的搬运设备 |
[14:51] | I’ve pulsed the AMC for guidance. | 我已经让陆军装备司令部负责此事了 |
[14:53] | Why can’t these people speak English? | 这些人怎么不说人话 |
[14:54] | ‘Cause then we could understand what they’re saying. | 因为我们能听得懂他们在说什么 |
[14:56] | I hate the Pentagon so much. | 我真的很讨厌五角大楼 |
[14:58] | Major Farkis, what I believe you are saying to me, | 帕奇斯少校 我觉得 |
[15:01] | with all these ridiculous acronyms, | 你这些荒谬的缩写词是在说 |
[15:03] | is that it’s a really big part | 这个零件很大 |
[15:07] | and it would be very hard to move it. | 运输有困难 |
[15:10] | I’ve pulsed the AMC for guidance. | 我已经让陆军装备司令部负责了 |
[15:11] | Haven’t we all? | 能不能别再说这个了 |
[15:14] | One last question, Major. | 最后一个问题 少校 |
[15:16] | Your commanding officer is Colonel McKay, correct? | 你们的指挥官是麦凯军官吗 |
[15:19] | Affirmative. | 是的 |
[15:20] | Okay, well, I’m just gonna go ahead and pulse him. | 好吧 我去催他 |
[15:22] | Thank you, Major. Over and out. | 谢谢你 少校 通话完毕 |
[15:24] | I don’t think you say “Over and out” to end a phone call. | 我觉得挂电话时不用说”通话完毕” |
[15:27] | It felt right. | 感觉这样很适合 |
[15:29] | Get your things, we’re going to the Pentagon. | 收拾一下 我们要去五角大楼了 |
[15:33] | As you can see, Madam Secretary, | 你可以看得出 国务卿女士 |
[15:35] | our nation has a rich history. | 我们的国家历史悠久 |
[15:37] | It’s very impressive. | 非常令人印象深刻 |
[15:38] | Ah, but our future will be even more impressive. | 我们的未来将更为骄人 |
[15:41] | Wait until you see our new telecommunications center. | 稍后你会看到我们的新电信中心 |
[15:46] | President Fabre, would you excuse me just for one second? | 法布尔总统 我可以离开一下吗 |
[15:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:50] | – Oh, gosh, this is… – Isn’t this beautiful? | -天啊 这真是… -是不是很美 |
[15:52] | This is really beautiful. | 真的很美 |
[15:53] | – This a nice one? – Yes. | -这个作品很棒 -是的 |
[15:54] | What’s up? | 什么情况 |
[15:54] | There’s a flight that leaves to Nigeria in one hour. | 有一趟到尼日利亚的航班 一小时内起飞 |
[15:56] | – Great. – But there are only four seats available. | -很好 -但是只有四个座位 |
[15:58] | – Oh, less great. – In coach. | -那就不太好了 -经济舱 |
[16:00] | – Not great at all, but we’ll deal. – Yeah. | 那就一点也不好了 但还是要去 -好的 |
[16:02] | Four seats. That’s you, | 四个座位 那就是你 |
[16:04] | and a minimum detail of two Diplomatic Security agents, | 还有最低配置的两位外交安全人员 |
[16:07] | and Blake. | 和布莱克 |
[16:07] | Daisy and I will bring the gaggle as soon as we can. | 我和黛西尽快把他们带回来 |
[16:09] | – Wait, wait, ma’am, they’re already smelling – What? | -等等 国务卿 他们已经察觉到了 -什么 |
[16:11] | blood in the water, now you want me to spend the night in Togo | 现在你希望我在多哥过夜 |
[16:14] | while you jet off to Nigeria? | 而你溜到尼日利亚吗 |
[16:15] | They’re gonna mutiny. | 他们会暴动的 |
[16:16] | Well, I know it stinks, Daisy… | 我知道这活不好干 黛西 |
[16:17] | Admire the statue. Just admire the statue. | 看雕塑 我们要假装看雕塑 |
[16:19] | And on top of everything else, Minister Chen is probably | 最重要的是 陈部长可能已经在尼日利亚 |
[16:21] | already in Nigeria eating our lunch. | 吃我们的午餐了 |
[16:24] | Speaking of lunches, did we have lunch? | 说到午餐 我们吃过了吗 |
[16:26] | We did not have lunch. | 我们没吃 |
[16:27] | – No wonder I want lunch. – Look, stop saying “Lunch.” | -难怪我饿了 -别再说”午餐”这个词了 |
[16:29] | Look, Daisy, part of your job is to take the hits, okay? | 黛西 你的工作就包括承担指责 |
[16:31] | So I need you to cover my ass | 我需要你在布莱克 |
[16:32] | while Blake and I make a run for this plane, okay? | 和我赶飞机时替我打掩护 好吗 |
[16:35] | – Thank you. – Yes, absolutely, ma’am. | -谢谢 -没问题 国务卿 |
[16:37] | Mr. President, regrettably, I have to take my leave. | 总统先生 很遗憾 我要走了 |
[16:41] | But Assistant Secretary Thompson | 但助理国务卿汤普森 |
[16:44] | and my spokeswoman, Daisy Grant, | 和我的国务院发言人 戴西·格兰特 |
[16:46] | are very much looking forward to visiting | 非常希望能够访问 |
[16:49] | that telecommunications center. | 通讯中心 |
[16:50] | You have been such a gracious host. | 非常感谢您的盛情 |
[16:52] | Oh, no, the pleasure was all mine. | 是我们的荣幸 |
[16:53] | Oh, well, thank you so much. | 太感谢了 |
[16:55] | Oh, God bless Togo. | 上帝保佑多哥 |
[16:57] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[16:59] | Thank you. Okay. | 谢谢 好的 |
[17:01] | Where is the secretary going, Daisy? | 国务卿要去哪儿 黛西 |
[17:03] | Ethan, isn’t the more relevant question, | 伊桑 更重要的问题应该是 |
[17:06] | where is Togo going? | 多哥前途如何 |
[17:06] | – No, that’s an absurd question. – And we’re gonna find out | -不 这是个荒谬的问题 -在我们 |
[17:09] | some pretty exciting answers on the next stop on our tour, okay? | 巡访的下一站会有令人激动的答案 好吗 |
[17:16] | This is nice. It’s cozy. | 这很不错 很舒服 |
[17:19] | Well, just to remind you, ma’am, | 我要提醒您 国务卿 |
[17:20] | we won’t have secure comms | 我们在到达阿布贾的车队之前 |
[17:21] | until we reach your motorcade in Abuja. | 都无法使用保密线路 |
[17:23] | So we’re off the grid. | 所以我们处于失联状态 |
[17:25] | Flying blind into an unpredictable situation. | 盲目地闯进未知的情况中 |
[17:31] | Hey, that’s diplomacy, right? | 这就是外交 对吧 |
[17:33] | At least we’re finally gonna get something to eat. | 至少我们终于有东西吃的了 |
[17:35] | Ma’am, | 国务卿 |
[17:36] | I am so sorry, it turns out they are not | 我很抱歉 这班飞机 |
[17:38] | serving a meal, even though it clearly stated so | 并不提供餐食 但我们的机票上 |
[17:41] | on our tickets. | 并不是这么说的 |
[17:42] | All they have are peanuts or plantain chips. | 他们只有花生和芭蕉片 |
[17:44] | – Thanks, Blake. – Yeah, okay. | -谢谢 布莱克 -好的 |
[17:47] | Matt, I’m sorry, could I just… ? | 马特 很抱歉 我能不能… |
[17:48] | You know what? Stay where you are, I’ll come over. | 这样吧 别动 我进去 |
[17:50] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:51] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:53] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[17:54] | Uh, hair. Sorry. Okay. | 我的头发 对不起 好的 |
[18:00] | You know, I actually think it’s a good thing | 其实我觉得我们乘坐商业航班 |
[18:03] | that we’re flying commercial. | 是件好事 |
[18:05] | How so, ma’am? | 为什么 国务卿 |
[18:07] | ‘Cause it sends the message that the United States | 因为这表明美国并没有 |
[18:10] | isn’t hung up on the trappings of power. | 陷在权利中不可自拔 |
[18:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:13] | Because we have the power of our ideas. | 因为我们有自己的主意 |
[18:17] | China’s trying to flex its muscles in Nigeria | 中国想在尼日利亚大展拳脚 |
[18:20] | and we’re gonna have to deal with that, | 我们就得应对 |
[18:21] | but everybody knows it takes real strength to be humble. | 但谁都知道 谦虚需要的是实力 |
[18:25] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[18:29] | Are you gonna eat those? | 你打算吃吗 |
[18:32] | Starving. | 我饿死了 |
[18:34] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[18:41] | As I’ve already stated, the nearest replacement component | 我已经说过 国务卿的飞机的 |
[18:44] | for the secretary’s plane is at… | 替换零件最近存放点在… |
[18:45] | Is at Aviano Air Base in Italy, yes. | 意大利的阿维亚诺空军基地 是的 |
[18:47] | And it’s being held in reserve for… | 这个零件一直是… |
[18:49] | Another plane that might need it but doesn’t. | 另一架飞机的备用零件 但却没有用上 |
[18:52] | Colonel, I’m sure you get as frustrated | 上校 我肯定你和我一样对国会的 |
[18:54] | with those cheapskates in Congress as I do. | 那些小气鬼们很生气 |
[18:57] | Goodness sakes, they won’t even give | 真见鬼 他们连一架 |
[18:58] | the secretary of state a plane | 能用于洲际飞行的飞机 |
[19:00] | that’s designed for trans-continental flight. | 都不给国务卿 |
[19:03] | Of course it’s going to break down. | 飞机当然会坏 |
[19:04] | But now America looks bad. | 但现在美国颜面上不好看 |
[19:07] | So why don’t you do me this favor, | 你就帮我这个忙 |
[19:09] | and let’s help the secretary get back | 让国务卿继续处理 |
[19:11] | to doing America’s business? | 处理美国国务 好吗 |
[19:13] | I can be a very good person to know in this town. | 在这个城市里 认识我还是很管用的 |
[19:16] | Unfortunately, ma’am, | 很遗憾 女士 |
[19:18] | the Air Force doesn’t run on favors. | 空军不是靠帮忙来工作的 |
[19:21] | My hands are tied. | 我也没办法 |
[19:22] | So, if that’ll be all… | 如果没别的事了… |
[19:25] | Interesting fact: State Department officials actually | 有趣的是 国务院官员实际上有着 |
[19:29] | carry equivalent military ranks. | 和军队等价的军衔 |
[19:31] | Guess what mine is. | 猜猜我的军衔是什么 |
[19:33] | Major? | 少校吗 |
[19:35] | Colonel, like me. | 上校 和我一样 |
[19:36] | Not even close. | 才不是呢 |
[19:38] | Although, technically, I think, | 虽然 严格的说 我觉得 |
[19:39] | – I’m a full-bird colonel. – Ha, look at that. | -我是个上校 -看呀 |
[19:42] | A full-bird colonel. | 这是位上校 |
[19:43] | You don’t even outrank the speechwriter. | 你的级别连演讲撰稿人都比不上 |
[19:45] | You don’t have to say “Even”” | 你不用加上那个”连”字 |
[19:47] | I am, in fact, a major general. | 其实 我是一名少将 |
[19:51] | As such, I’m giving you a direct order: | 所以 我要给你直接命令 |
[19:53] | sign those forms and get that part | 签署那些文件 今天就把那个零件 |
[19:56] | from Italy to Togo today. | 从意大利送去多哥 |
[19:58] | Do you read me, Colonel? | 你明白吗 上校 |
[20:00] | Those ranks aren’t part of the actual chain of command. | 这些军衔并不是指挥系统的一部分 |
[20:03] | Oh, well, is that right? | 真的吗 |
[20:04] | Well, you know who might settle that for us, | 那你知道谁会帮我们解决这个问题吗 |
[20:07] | is the commander-in-chief. May I borrow your phone please? | 总指挥官 我能不能借你的电话用用 |
[20:09] | I will get the part for you, ma’am, ASAP. | 我为您准备好零件 女士 尽快 |
[20:12] | Then we’re done here. | 那我们就没事了 |
[20:14] | Good day, Colonel. | 再见 上校 |
[20:15] | Good day. | 再见 |
[20:23] | We’ve been offline for two hours. | 我们已经失联两个小时了 |
[20:25] | And we’re a half-day behind Chen. | 我们还是比陈部长晚了半天 |
[20:28] | With any luck, the Nigerians will remember | 但愿尼日利亚人会记得我们在艾滋病 |
[20:30] | all of our support on HIV/AIDS and Ebola. | 和埃博拉疫情中给与他们的支持 |
[20:33] | And malaria, and counter-terrorism. | 还有疟疾 反恐 |
[20:35] | They know who their friends are. | 他们知道自己的朋友是谁 |
[20:40] | Or not. | 也可能不知道 |
[20:42] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 |
[20:44] | The Nigerians really rolled out the red carpet. | 尼日利亚人真是盛情欢迎我们 |
[20:47] | – Welcome to Abuja. – Thank you. | -欢迎来到阿布贾 -谢谢 |
[20:49] | Madam Ambassador, thank you. | 大使女士 谢谢 |
[20:52] | Apologies for the small reception, ma’am. | 我们礼数不周 很抱歉 国务卿 |
[20:54] | Uh, apparently President Akinagbe | 阿金那比总统 |
[20:56] | had some urgent business to attend to. | 有急事要处理 |
[20:58] | Is there any chance we’re still all set | 风能项目的公告仪式 |
[21:01] | for the announcement about the wind power project? | 都准备好了吗 |
[21:03] | About that… | 这个… |
[21:04] | I wanted to get in touch earlier, | 我本想早些和您联系 |
[21:06] | but since you were flying commercial, you lacked secure… | 但您乘坐商业航班 没有安全… |
[21:07] | Secure comms, yeah. | 安全通讯 是啊 |
[21:09] | I’m sensing there’s been a hiccup. | 我觉得您话里有话 |
[21:11] | You’re not going to believe this. | 您不会相信的 |
[21:12] | Oh, I bet I will. | 我肯定会的 |
[21:15] | 中国 尼日利亚 改变之风 国际伙伴关系和可再生能源计划 | |
[21:22] | 洛美 多哥 | |
[21:25] | And this is our room for secure comms. | 这是我们的安全通讯室 |
[21:27] | You can contact Foggy Bottom or the Secretary | 您可以在这里联系国务院 |
[21:29] | safely from here. | 或是国务卿 |
[21:30] | Excellent. Thank you, Darren. | 很好 谢谢 达伦 |
[21:32] | And this is also where you’ll be sleeping tonight. | 你们今晚也会睡在这里 |
[21:36] | What? | 什么 |
[21:37] | Yeah. See the thing is, | 是这样的 |
[21:38] | there’s a big soccer tournament in town, | 恰逢本市举办大型足球锦标赛 |
[21:40] | and all the hotels are booked up, | 所有酒店都订满了 |
[21:41] | and there is literally not a single room available | 整个洛美城真的连一间空房间 |
[21:44] | in all of Lomé. I am so sorry. | 都找不出了 我很抱歉 |
[21:45] | We’ve been traveling for 20 hours straight. | 我们连着飞行了二十个小时 |
[21:48] | Can’t we stay at the ambassador’s residence? | 我们不能住在大使家里吗 |
[21:49] | You could, but his kids | 本来可以 但是他的孩子们 |
[21:51] | have the stomach flu, so… | 患了肠胃感冒 所以… |
[21:53] | We picked a really bad time to crash-land in Togo, huh? | 我们在多哥紧急降落真不是时候 对吧 |
[21:55] | Okay, where do I put the press traveling with us? | 那和我们一起来的媒体住在哪儿 |
[21:57] | The Ops Center is into it, but… | 他们由应急行动中心负责 但是… |
[21:59] | they’re kind of on their own. | 他们也只能靠自己了 |
[22:01] | These people are tough. A lot of them have covered war zones. | 他们都很坚强 大多数都去过战争地区 |
[22:03] | Which is where I’ll be when I tell them | 我告诉他们今晚没地方睡的时候 |
[22:05] | they don’t have a place to sleep tonight. | 我可就有大麻烦了 |
[22:05] | They’ll be fine. Take a deep breath. | 他们会没事的 深呼吸 |
[22:07] | This trip is coming off the rails, Susan, | 这次访问要失控了 苏珊 |
[22:09] | – just like I said it would. – Okay. | -我早就说过 -好的 |
[22:10] | So, a trip to Africa turned out to be complicated. | 所以来趟非洲没那么容易 |
[22:13] | Congratulations, Nostradamus. | 恭喜你 猜对了 大先知 |
[22:14] | You didn’t see it coming. | 你就没看出来 |
[22:16] | Really? That’s where you want to take this? | 真的吗 你想怪在我头上吗 |
[22:17] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[22:19] | So… should I have your luggage | 那个…要不要我帮你们把 |
[22:21] | brought up here or…? | 行李拿上来 还是… |
[22:22] | – Yeah. Why not? – That’ll be fine. | -好啊 -行 |
[22:30] | Jenny Bach? | 珍妮·巴克吗 |
[22:32] | Yeah? | 是的 |
[22:33] | I’m Special Agent Maloof from the FBI, | 我是联调局探员马罗夫 |
[22:35] | – And this is… – I remember you… | -这位是.. -我记得你… |
[22:38] | from Bolivia. | 我们在玻利维亚见过 |
[22:39] | Henry. I’m glad you made it out okay. | 我叫亨利 很高兴你逃出来了 |
[22:43] | Yeah, from a doomsday cult right back to my parents’ guest room. | 从末日邪教回到我父母的客房 |
[22:46] | I am totally crushing this life thing. | 我的生活全毁了 |
[22:50] | I guess… | 我猜 |
[22:51] | this is about Rex. | 你们是为雷克斯的事来的 |
[22:52] | I saw him on the news. | 我在新闻上看到他了 |
[22:55] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[22:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:03] | How well do you remember Rex? | 关于雷克斯 你还记得多少 |
[23:05] | Well, we spent every waking hour together | 我们在玻利维亚的山里为世界末日 |
[23:07] | in the mountains of Bolivia praying for the end of the world, | 祈祷的时候 整天都在一起 |
[23:10] | so, you know, pretty well. | 所以我对他很了解 |
[23:12] | He tried calling your old phone number several times. | 他给你以前的电话号码打了好几次电话 |
[23:15] | Look, I don’t want anything to do with those people, okay? | 我不想和这些人有任何关系 |
[23:19] | I have a job. I can finally sleep again. | 我有工作 我终于能睡着觉了 |
[23:21] | Don’t worry. We’re just talking. | 别担心 我们只是聊天 |
[23:24] | So, what do you think Rex wants? | 那你觉得雷克斯想怎样 |
[23:26] | Probably nothing good. | 可能不会是什么好事 |
[23:28] | He was a weird guy. | 他是个怪人 |
[23:30] | Obviously. | 很显然 |
[23:33] | Did he really make a bomb for ISIS? | 他真的为伊斯兰国制造炸弹了吗 |
[23:35] | Does that surprise you? | 你很意外吗 |
[23:37] | The ISIS part, yeah. The bomb part, no. | 伊斯兰国意料之外 制造炸弹意料之中 |
[23:41] | You don’t think he’d convert to Islam? | 你觉得他不会皈依伊斯兰教 |
[23:43] | Rex was hard-core into the Covenant, | 雷克斯对圣约组织 |
[23:45] | the end-times prophecy, | 世界末日预言 |
[23:46] | the rapture to come, all that stuff, | 以及未来的喜悦那些东西非常忠诚 |
[23:48] | even more than the reverend. | 比牧师还忠诚 |
[23:51] | And the bomb? | 那炸弹为什么在意料之中 |
[23:52] | I mean, those ISIS types want to blow up the world, | 伊斯兰国想要炸毁整个世界 |
[23:55] | and that was definitely on Rex’s agenda. | 这绝对也是雷克斯的目标 |
[23:58] | But not on Reverend Finch’s. | 但不是芬奇牧师的目标 |
[24:00] | He thought the Covenant should welcome the apocalypse, | 他认为圣约组织应该迎接天启 |
[24:02] | but not cause it. | 而不是制造天启 |
[24:03] | Yeah, well, that’s where Rex and the reverend disagreed. | 没错 雷克斯和牧师的分歧之处就在于此 |
[24:05] | He thought we should follow Revelation: | 他认为我们应该跟随天启 |
[24:08] | “Go your ways and pour out the vials…” | 出发把上帝的愤怒之瓶 |
[24:09] | “Pour out the vials | 把上帝的愤怒之瓶 |
[24:10] | of the wrath of God upon the earth.” | 倾倒在大地上 |
[24:16] | If you remember anything else, please give us a call. | 要是你想起别的什么 请联系我们 |
[24:22] | Henry? | 亨利 |
[24:25] | Uh, my parents had to take out a double mortgage | 我父母为了让我摆脱圣教组织 |
[24:29] | on this house to get me deprogrammed… | 用这栋房子办理了双重抵押贷款 |
[24:31] | and, I lost custody of my daughter. | 而且我失去了我女儿的抚养权 |
[24:35] | My life’s, like, a complete disaster… | 我的生活一团糟 |
[24:40] | …but still, I am so glad to have it back. | 但我还是很高兴能重新掌控我的人生 |
[24:45] | So, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:49] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[24:52] | Whatever Rex is doing… | 不管雷克斯在干什么 |
[24:55] | stop him. | 一定要阻止他 |
[25:08] | Wait here. | 在这儿等着 |
[25:11] | Foreign Minister Chen. | 陈部长 |
[25:14] | Madam Secretary, welcome to Nigeria. | 国务卿女士 欢迎来到尼日利亚 |
[25:16] | A word? | 能说句话吗 |
[25:22] | Ming, if you’re trying to send me a message, | 明 如果是为了向我表明观点 |
[25:25] | you don’t have to follow me all over Africa. | 你大可不必跟着我在非洲到处跑 |
[25:28] | Why, you could have just called. | 打个电话就行了 |
[25:31] | I’m simply offering Senegal | 我只是向塞内加尔 |
[25:33] | and Nigeria competitive deals… | 和尼日利亚提供了更好的合约 |
[25:35] | …for the benefit of both parties. | 对我们双方都有利 |
[25:37] | So, they get a wind farm, | 所以他们能得到一个风力发电厂 |
[25:38] | you get 100-year leases on oil and gas. | 你们得到一百年的油气开发权 |
[25:42] | Sounds fair. | 听起来很公平 |
[25:43] | At least they get the wind farm… | 起码他们能得到风力发电厂 |
[25:46] | instead of empty promises and hypocritical lecturing | 而不是来自破坏了非洲几个世纪的 |
[25:48] | from western countries who have undermined Africa for centur… | 西方国家的空洞承诺和虚伪说教 |
[25:51] | The United States is trying very hard to turn the page, | 美国在很努力地改变现状 |
[25:55] | and be a force for constructive engagement. | 成为建设性参与的一股力量 |
[25:58] | Cleaner energy, economic diversification | 致力于更清洁的能源 经济多样化 |
[26:01] | and greater transparency, | 更高的透明度 |
[26:03] | educating and empowering women and girls. | 女性教育和赋权 |
[26:06] | Spare me your idealism. | 省省你的理想主义吧 |
[26:08] | More importantly, spare Africa. | 更重要的是 放过非洲吧 |
[26:11] | I lived through the Cultural Revolution. | 我熬过了文化大革命 |
[26:14] | My father was not so lucky. | 可我父亲却没这么幸运 |
[26:16] | Idealism kills. | 理想主义会害人 |
[26:17] | Mutual interests save lives. | 互利主义才能救命 |
[26:21] | I’m sorry about your father. | 我为你父亲感到惋惜 |
[26:24] | I lost my parents young, too. | 我也在很小的时候就失去了我的父母 |
[26:26] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[26:29] | I am… sorry, as well. | 也感到很惋惜 |
[26:36] | Oh, damn it. | 该死 |
[26:39] | Now we’re gonna have to start | 现在我们得开始把对方 |
[26:41] | seeing each other as human beings. | 当做活生生的人来对待了 |
[26:47] | Can you just imagine what we could accomplish | 你能想象如果我们一起合作 |
[26:50] | if we worked together? | 会实现什么样的成果吗 |
[26:51] | Don’t pretend your interests are so pure, Madam Secretary. | 别假装你们的目的很单纯了 国务卿女士 |
[26:55] | I heard about your little detour to Togo. | 我听说你们绕道去了多哥 |
[26:57] | Our plane broke down. | 我们的飞机出故障了 |
[26:59] | It was an emergency landing. | 我们是紧急降落 |
[27:01] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:03] | Yes, really. Togo wasn’t even on our itinerary. | 真的 多哥根本就不在我们的日程安排当中 |
[27:08] | Why would I lie about having to land there? | 为什么我要撒谎说迫降呢 |
[27:10] | Even if I were to believe that the world’s most | 即使我能够相信世界上最有权力的外交官 |
[27:12] | powerful diplomat would travel in a run-down plane… | 会坐一架破旧的飞机出行 |
[27:16] | which I do not… | 何况我并不相信 |
[27:19] | how do you explain the fanfare | 那你又如何解释 |
[27:21] | President Fabre gave you at the airport? | 法布尔总统在机场对你们的热烈迎接 |
[27:26] | Fine. Believe whatever you want. | 好吧 随你怎么想 |
[27:29] | I will. | 我会的 |
[27:30] | Namely, that more phosphate has been discovered in Togo, | 直说吧 我认为美国公司想要开发 |
[27:35] | and a U.S. company plans to mine it. | 多哥新发现的磷酸盐 |
[27:38] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[27:40] | I have a celebration to return to. | 我要回去接着庆祝了 |
[27:43] | By all means. | 请便 |
[27:45] | It was nice chatting with you. | 和你聊天很愉快 |
[27:52] | So, he actually believes we’re here to strike a deal, | 所以他以为我们是来这签合同的 |
[27:54] | and not because our crappy plane broke down? | 而不是因为我们的破飞机故障了 |
[27:56] | Apparently, but the good news is, we can use this. | 是的 但好消息是 我们可以利用这一点 |
[27:59] | To do what? | 来做什么 |
[28:00] | Actually accomplish something positive on this trip. | 通过这次出访实现一些积极的成果 |
[28:03] | Just sit tight, I’ll see you soon. | 好好待着 我马上过去 |
[28:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[28:06] | Blake, wake up. | 布莱克 醒醒 |
[28:07] | We’re going back to Togo. | 我们要回多哥 |
[28:09] | Togo? | 多哥 |
[28:12] | Wait… | 等等 |
[28:20] | I am so sorry that I had to leave before I got a chance | 我很抱歉我不得不先去别的地方 |
[28:24] | to meet with you | 再来见你们 |
[28:25] | and-and see your project back in Senegal. | 并参观你们在塞内加尔的项目 |
[28:28] | But… what do you have here? | 你们在这里都有些什么项目 |
[28:30] | Madam Secretary, as you know, open-flame cooking has | 国务卿女士 如您所知 明火烹饪 |
[28:33] | negative health effects for women and the environment, | 对女性健康和自然环境有恶劣的影响 |
[28:37] | but solar cookers were not readily available, | 但太阳能灶还没有普及 |
[28:40] | so we did research on the Internet | 所以我们在互联网上做了一些研究 |
[28:43] | and designed our own, | 用我们在多哥能找到的材料 |
[28:45] | out of material available here in Togo. | 设计出了我们自己的太阳能灶 |
[28:53] | We would like to present you, a proud fellow nerd… | 我们想把我们的设计原型送给您 |
[28:59] | …with our prototype. | 一个骄傲的书呆子同伴 |
[29:01] | Wow. Thank you. That is… | 谢谢 这真是… |
[29:04] | that is so… nerd cool. | 酷得像书呆子一样 |
[29:07] | I can’t even tell you. | 简直无法形容 |
[29:08] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[29:10] | I will… I’ll send you pictures of the first meal | 我会把我用它做的第一顿饭的照片 |
[29:12] | that I cook with it. | 发给你们 |
[29:13] | Thank you very much. Thank you. | 非常感谢你们 谢谢 |
[29:18] | Excellent job. | 好样的 |
[29:19] | – Can we take picture? – Of course. | -我们能合张影吗 -当然 |
[29:24] | Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. | 谢谢你们 非常感谢 谢谢你们 |
[29:29] | Two visit in as many days. | 短短几天您就来访问了两次 |
[29:32] | I’m honored, Madam Secretary, | 我很荣幸 国务卿女士 |
[29:33] | but I must confess, a bit surprised. | 但是我得承认 有点意外 |
[29:36] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[29:38] | I came back to discuss a deal with you | 我回来是为了跟您讨论一项 |
[29:41] | that could bring significant investment to Togo. | 能给多哥带来大量投资的协议 |
[29:44] | Might even provide jobs for them one day. | 而且未来有可能为她们提供工作机会 |
[29:47] | That would be wonderful… | 那很棒 |
[29:49] | but U.S., historically, | 但历史上 |
[29:51] | has avoided investing heavily in Togo. | 美国一直避免在多哥进行大规模投资 |
[29:54] | Why the change? | 为什么改变了 |
[29:54] | You notice I didn’t say, | 注意我没有说 |
[29:56] | “Significant American investment.” | 大量的美国投资 |
[29:58] | Uh-huh. Now I am officially intrigued. | 现在我真的好奇了 |
[30:02] | You want responsible foreign investment | 你想要可靠的外国投资 |
[30:04] | that lifts up the Togolese people. | 提高多哥人民的生活水平 |
[30:06] | So do we. | 我们也是 |
[30:07] | China wants to beat us by outspending us in Africa. | 中国想通过在非洲投入更多的资金打败我们 |
[30:11] | I think there might be a way we can all get what we want. | 我认为或许有一种方法 我们都能如愿以偿 |
[30:16] | Hopefully, they’ll buy what the secretary’s selling. | 希望他们能买国务卿的帐 |
[30:19] | We’ll see soon enough. | 很快就能知道了 |
[30:21] | Listen, we’re off the clock for a little while later today, | 我们晚些时候有一点休息的时间 |
[30:25] | and I was gonna go someplace you might find interesting. | 我想去一个地方 你可能会感兴趣 |
[30:28] | Would you like to come along? | 想一起来吗 |
[30:29] | Uh… okay. Sure. | 好啊 |
[30:32] | Okay. Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[30:37] | Well, look who it is. | 看看这是谁 |
[30:40] | The interloper. | 入侵者 |
[30:43] | The deceiver. | 骗子 |
[30:46] | That was quite an experience we had in Bolivia. | 我们在玻利维亚的经历确实很难忘 |
[30:48] | Hmm. It all worked out according to God’s will. | 一切都是按照上帝意志进行的 |
[30:53] | Speaking of God’s will, | 说到上帝的意志 |
[30:55] | remind me, what are the Five Pillars of Islam? | 你记不记得 伊斯兰教的五大支柱是什么 |
[31:01] | What? | 什么 |
[31:01] | Why is Al Masjid Al Aqsa | 为什么阿克萨清真寺 |
[31:03] | significant to Muslims? | 对穆斯林这么重要 |
[31:07] | The Dome of the Rock | 因为它的石头穹顶 |
[31:08] | where the Prophet Muhammad ascended into heaven. | 是先知穆罕默德登上天堂的地方 |
[31:13] | Peace be upon him. | 愿他安息 |
[31:16] | That’s what you say | 提到先知名字的时候 |
[31:16] | when the prophet’s name is mentioned. | 你应该说这句话 |
[31:18] | Congratulations, Mr. Mayfield. | 恭喜 梅菲尔德先生 |
[31:20] | You are officially not a Muslim. | 你被正式排除在穆斯林之外 |
[31:22] | That didn’t take long. | 就用了这么短时间 |
[31:23] | Much shorter than it took | 比一开始证明芬奇牧师 |
[31:24] | to prove that Reverend Finch | 不懂启示录 |
[31:25] | didn’t understand the first thing | 花的时间 |
[31:27] | about the Book of Revelation. | 要少多了 |
[31:28] | You watch what you say now. | 你说话小心点 |
[31:30] | The Reverend was a brilliant man. | 牧师是个很聪明的人 |
[31:32] | He really wasn’t. | 他并不是 |
[31:34] | In just two hours, | 只花了两个小时 |
[31:35] | he was questioning everything he’d told you. | 他就开始质疑他对你宣讲的一切了 |
[31:38] | Liar. His faith was strong… | 骗子 他的信仰如此强烈 |
[31:41] | and so is mine. | 我也是 |
[31:42] | Which faith? Your pretensions to Islam | 哪个信仰 你声称的伊斯兰信仰 |
[31:44] | or your misguided Christian cult? | 还是误入歧途的基督邪教 |
[31:47] | You know, Finch should have really listened to you, | 芬奇真应该听你的 |
[31:50] | taken steps to bring about the end. | 一步一步地制造末日 |
[31:52] | But, as I said, | 但正如我说的 |
[31:53] | he had doubts about the entire enterprise. | 他现在对整个信仰产生了怀疑 |
[31:56] | So, in my professional opinion, | 以我的专业观点来看 |
[31:59] | you’ve made some grievous theological errors, Rex. | 你犯了严重的神学错误 雷克斯 |
[32:03] | Just you wait and see. | 你等着瞧 |
[32:06] | I am the Lord’s messenger. | 我是主的信使 |
[32:08] | I ride upon the pale horse. | 我骑着苍白之马 |
[32:10] | My angels are legion. | 我的天使多如军团 |
[32:12] | And they will go their ways… | 他们会出发… |
[32:14] | “And pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.” | 把上帝的愤怒之瓶倾倒在大地上 |
[32:18] | Thank you. You’ve been very helpful. | 谢谢你 你帮了我们很多 |
[32:28] | So he’s still Covenant of John. | 所以他还是约翰圣约组织的信徒 |
[32:29] | Oh, he’s more than that. | 不止如此 |
[32:31] | He sees himself as the architect of the apocalypse. | 他把自己视为天启的缔造者 |
[32:34] | And I think he believes that the way to do that | 而且我认为他相信制造天启的方法 |
[32:35] | is to foment a cataclysmic war between Islam and the West. | 就是挑起伊斯兰和西方世界的大战 |
[32:39] | Hence making the bomb for ISIS. | 所以他给伊斯兰国制造炸弹 |
[32:41] | He wants to motivate both sides. | 他想刺激双方 |
[32:42] | But he wants us to chase ISIS, | 但他想要我们去找伊斯兰国的麻烦 |
[32:44] | because at least a few of the surviving cult members will be | 因为至少几个活下来的邪教徒 |
[32:47] | his “Legion of angels,” | 将成为他的天使军团 |
[32:49] | and help him start the war. | 帮他挑起战争 |
[32:50] | We need to track down the remaining followers | 我们得找到他约翰圣约组织 |
[32:52] | of the Covenant of John. | 剩余的教徒 |
[32:54] | One of them has the second bomb. | 炸弹肯定在他们其中一个人手里 |
[33:02] | First, the Europeans called this part of West Africa, | 首先 欧洲人把非洲西部的这部分 |
[33:05] | the Gold Coast, | 叫做黄金海岸 |
[33:08] | and then after, of course, | 当然了 后来 |
[33:11] | the Slave Coast. | 就成了奴隶海岸 |
[33:13] | They built forts like this up and down the coast | 他们沿海岸线上下建了许多这样的堡垒 |
[33:16] | to hoard what they came to take. | 用来储存他们来这里掠夺的战利品 |
[33:24] | Sorry. It’s just really emotional. | 抱歉 这里承载了太多感情 |
[33:26] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:29] | The psalm says, | 圣诗里说 |
[33:31] | “By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat. | 我们曾在巴比伦的河边坐下 |
[33:35] | and yea, we wept when we remembered Zion.” | 追想锡安 我们哭泣 |
[33:41] | You think you understand it, | 本以为读到时已经理解了 |
[33:43] | then you come to a place like this, and you just… | 可是真的到了这种地方 才发现 |
[33:47] | you can feel the suffering. | 这时才真正体会了他们的痛苦 |
[33:51] | And how the hell can it be pretty? | 这样的景象怎么会是美的 |
[34:06] | I grew up in the church. | 我在教堂长大 |
[34:09] | My father was a deacon. | 我父亲是助祭 |
[34:12] | He worked two other jobs besides, | 除此之外他还兼了两份工 |
[34:14] | to put me and my sisters through college. | 为了供我们姐妹几个上大学 |
[34:19] | “If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, | 耶路撒冷啊 我若忘记你 |
[34:21] | let my right hand forget its skill” | 让我的右手忘记它的技能 |
[34:27] | Psalm 137. | 圣诗137章 |
[34:30] | Whenever I find myself near one of these forts, | 不论何时我来到这些堡垒附近 |
[34:33] | I make the time to pay my respect to my daddy, | 总会抽些时间纪念我父亲 |
[34:37] | and to all those who came before me, | 和所有在我之前 |
[34:39] | who gave so much so that one day, | 付出全部心血 只为我有一天 |
[34:43] | I could thrive. | 能活得更好的人们 |
[34:46] | That’s why I push so hard | 所以我才这么强硬的 |
[34:47] | to try to make a difference, both at home and abroad. | 想要做出些改变 不论在国内还是国外 |
[34:51] | It is the least that I could do. | 这是我唯一能做的了 |
[34:54] | And I do admit, | 我承认 |
[34:56] | sometimes, I push a little too hard. | 有时候 这种强硬会过头 |
[34:58] | Well, I can be a little pushy myself. | 有时候我也会如此 |
[35:01] | That’s why I like you. | 所以我才喜欢你 |
[35:02] | Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the messaging | 有时候我太注重文字本身 |
[35:05] | that I forget about the message. | 却忽略了它要传达的信息 |
[35:07] | Well, you may have been right about the timing of this trip. | 不过这次旅行的时机你的判断也许没错 |
[35:09] | Well, something good might still come out of it, | 说不定犹如塞翁失马呢 |
[35:11] | if the secretary’s plan works. | 如果国务卿的计划能成功的话 |
[35:13] | We’ll see. | 走着看吧 |
[35:14] | I’m just sorry that the logistics | 我只是很抱歉旅途本身 |
[35:16] | have been such a nightmare. | 简直就是噩梦一场 |
[35:17] | Sleeping on those couches, | 只能睡沙发 |
[35:19] | the plane almost going down. | 飞机还差点坠毁 |
[35:22] | Don’t even get me started on that plane. | 可别跟我提飞机的事 |
[35:25] | You should have seen your face, | 你没看到自己当时的表情 |
[35:26] | holding the secretary’s hand. You were like, | 拉着国务卿的手 脸上一副 |
[35:28] | “I’m gonna die in a plane crash, | “我就要死于坠机了 |
[35:30] | and I didn’t even want to go on this damn trip”” | 而且我根本就不想来”的表情 |
[35:38] | I’m really glad I came. | 我真的很高兴我来了 |
[35:39] | Good. | 那就好 |
[35:44] | Well, I’m gonna pray now. | 我要去祈祷了 |
[35:46] | Would you care to join me? | 你也一起吗 |
[35:48] | I’d like that. | 当然好 |
[36:12] | 洛美塔克因国际机场 多哥 洛美 | |
[36:21] | Mr. Foreign Minister. | 外交部长先生 |
[36:23] | It is an honor to welcome you into Togo. | 您来多哥是我的荣幸 |
[36:26] | The honor is mine, Mr. President. | 是我该荣幸才对 总统先生 |
[36:28] | We have a mutually beneficial opportunity to discuss. | 我们面前有一个互利的机遇 |
[36:31] | – Yes. – If you’ll excuse me just a moment… | -是的 -请允许我失陪一下 |
[36:33] | Of course. | 当然 |
[36:34] | Madam Secretary! | 国务卿女士 |
[36:35] | Mnister. Chen, we’ve got to stop meeting like this. | 陈部长 我们总这么巧遇也真太巧了 |
[36:38] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[36:39] | I would think your plane would’ve been repaired by now. | 估计你的飞机应该已经修好了吧 |
[36:42] | Or perhaps, something else is keeping you here. | 或者也许 是别的事让你还留在这里 |
[36:44] | I-I’m not gonna comment on that, either way. | 这两个问题我都不打算回答 |
[36:47] | Enjoy Togo. | 多哥之旅愉快 |
[36:48] | Whatever you’re offering | 不论你出价多少 |
[36:49] | in exchange for the mineral rights, | 去换采矿权 |
[36:51] | we can pay more or build faster. | 我们都能出更多 建造得更快 |
[36:54] | Never underestimate American ingenuity, Ming. | 永远不要小看美国的独创精神 明 |
[36:56] | Never underestimate Chinese will, Elizabeth. | 永远不要小看中国的决心 伊丽莎白 |
[37:00] | Safe travels. | 一路顺风 |
[37:03] | Was I convincing? | 演得逼真吗 |
[37:04] | – Very. – Good. | -很逼真 -很好 |
[37:11] | – Thank you. – Hello, hello. | -谢谢 -你好 你好 |
[37:13] | – Hello. – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 -你好 |
[37:16] | – Welcome. – Thanks. | -欢迎 -谢谢 |
[37:17] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[37:19] | So are we good to go? | 我们能走了吗 |
[37:20] | Let’s do it, ma’am. | 这就走 长官 |
[37:22] | I’ve never seen DOD send a replacement part | 我从来没见过国防部这么快 |
[37:24] | to such a remote location so quickly. | 把配件送到了这么远的地方 |
[37:27] | It came on its own cargo plane. | 居然是专门派运输机送达的 |
[37:28] | That’s my chief of staff for you. | 这就是我的幕僚长的厉害了 |
[37:30] | So, just to be clear, we’re not actually trying to invest | 确认一下 我们不是真的要投资 |
[37:34] | in Togo’s phosphate industry. | 多哥的磷酸盐工业 |
[37:35] | No. We just want to make China think we are, so they do. | 对 只是让中国以为如此 让他们投资 |
[37:40] | But President Fabre’s price | 但是法布尔总统 |
[37:42] | for letting them beat us out | 将提出的让他们压过我们的条件 |
[37:44] | is to force China | 就是让中国 |
[37:45] | to agree to benchmarks for sustainability | 同意必须有持续性标准 |
[37:48] | as well as female education and employment. | 而且还要资助女性教育就业 |
[37:51] | Which could tie them to similar benchmarks | 这就给他们未来的投资 |
[37:53] | in the future. | 设定了标准 |
[37:54] | It’s a big win. | 这是个很大的胜利 |
[37:55] | Not just for us, but for Africa as well. | 不仅对我们而言 对非洲而言也是 |
[37:57] | So we got China to spend the money we don’t have | 所以我们让中国替我们出了我们想出 |
[37:59] | in the way we wanted. Even if it looks like we got… | 但出不起的钱 虽然看起来我们 |
[38:02] | – Pantsed. – …again. | -失利了 -又一次 |
[38:03] | Which the press is gonna grill you about, again. | 所以媒体又要找你的事了 |
[38:06] | – Yep. – Sorry about that, Daisy. | -是的 -抱歉 黛西 |
[38:08] | Not a problem, ma’am. | 没关系 国务卿 |
[38:09] | We should know if the plan worked by the time we land. | 估计到家时就能知道计划成没成功了 |
[38:14] | Of course, even if we succeed, it’ll look | 当然了 就算成功 看起来 |
[38:17] | like we failed, so next time we go out, | 也像失败了 所以我们下次出行 |
[38:19] | Congress might give us even less money. | 议会给的钱可能就更少了 |
[38:22] | But let’s worry about that tomorrow. | 但是这些事明天再担忧吧 |
[38:25] | Who’s ready to go home? | 有人准备好回家吗 |
[38:28] | God bless Nadine. | 上帝保佑纳丁 |
[38:35] | Hey, folks. | 各位 |
[38:35] | We seem to be experiencing some, uh, | 飞机好像出现了一点 |
[38:38] | unforeseen electrical difficulties. | 意外的电力故障 |
[38:40] | Still vectoring the issue. | 故障正在排查中 |
[38:41] | It could be a while. | 请稍候 |
[38:46] | It’s gonna be okay. | 没事的 |
[38:52] | Hey, look at that. | 快看 |
[38:53] | We have liftoff! | 有气泡了 |
[38:54] | Woo-hoo! I’ve never been this hyped for a pot of boiling water. | 我还从来没为开水这么兴奋过 |
[38:58] | – You should be happy. – It’s weird. | -你是该开心 -好奇怪 |
[39:00] | Thanks to China’s investment in Togo, | 多亏了中国在多哥的投资 |
[39:02] | these girls are gonna get scholarships to go to university | 这些女孩子都能拿到奖学金上大学 |
[39:05] | and study the sciences. | 能去学习科学了 |
[39:07] | They deserve it. I mean, I barely know how to use an oven, | 她们应得的 我都不怎么会用炉子 |
[39:09] | let alone make one. | 别说造一个了 |
[39:10] | – Yeah. I know. – Okay, okay. | -说的就是 -好了 |
[39:11] | Let me get a picture for them. | 让我为她们拍一张照片 |
[39:13] | – Okay. Yeah.- Yes. | -好的 -好的 |
[39:14] | Ready? Everybody say, | 准备好 所有人喊 |
[39:15] | “Science, Technology, Engineering and Math!” | “科学技术工程和数学” |
[39:17] | Science, Technology, Engineering and Math! | “科学技术工程和数学” |
[39:19] | But I just got to say, arts are of equal value. I’m just saying. | 但我得说 艺术也一样有价值 别误会 |
[39:23] | Or… just say “Cheese.” | 还是说茄子吧 |
[39:24] | Cheese! | 茄子 |
[39:26] | Thanks for breakfast, Mom. | 谢谢你做的早餐 妈妈 |
[39:28] | You bet. | 没事 |
[39:28] | Oh, and tell the STEM girls they rock. | 还有告诉那些科学女孩 她们帅呆了 |
[39:30] | Oh, they will be tweeted at accordingly. | 我会在推特上原话转达 |
[39:32] | Bye, Mom. | 妈妈再见 |
[39:37] | Thanks for looking at us, and not your phones. | 谢谢你们看着我们而不是手机 |
[39:40] | Thanks for being interesting. | 谢谢你们看着不无聊 |
[39:42] | Another argument in favor of solar cooking. | 也算是支持利用太阳能的论点 |
[39:45] | Work hard in school today! | 好好学习 |
[39:48] | Totally useless statement. | 苍白到极点 |
[39:50] | Yes, but delivered with total commitment. | 确实 但是说得十分用心 |
[39:53] | Parenthood in a nutshell. | 亲子关系的缩影 |
[39:57] | So, I’ve been convincing myself | 我一直在跟自己说 |
[39:59] | that we actually accomplished something on the trip. | 我们这次还是获得了成功的 |
[40:02] | Are you kidding me? | 逗我吗 |
[40:03] | Getting China to commit to sustainable investment | 第一次让中国答应持续投资 |
[40:06] | and development goals for the first time? It’s huge. | 和发展目标还小吗 巨大的成功了 |
[40:08] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[40:12] | Chen said, “Idealism kills. | 陈说 理想主义害死人 |
[40:15] | Mutual interests save lives.” | 互利互惠才是救世之道 |
[40:19] | Do you think he’s right? | 你觉得他说的对吗 |
[40:21] | Uh, well, for starters, “Mutual interest”” | 首先 所谓的互利互惠 |
[40:23] | aren’t always the same as equal ones. | 一半都是不平等的 |
[40:26] | So, his own statement is an ideal, | 所以他说的话就是理想主义 |
[40:28] | used to justify his self-interest. | 不过是用来掩盖他的利己主义 |
[40:31] | Oh, man! | 天哪 |
[40:33] | I wish I would’ve said that. | 我当时要能说出来这话就好了 |
[40:37] | But maybe he’s right. | 但也许他真的是对的 |
[40:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:40] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[40:42] | Yesterday, I was face-to-face with a guy who was convinced | 昨天我刚跟一个相信自己给恐怖分子 |
[40:45] | that he was fulfilling God’s will | 制造炸弹是执行上帝旨意的人 |
[40:47] | by giving bombs to terrorists. | 面对面较量了一番 |
[40:50] | Oh, it can be scary, | 是很恐怖 |
[40:52] | seeing fanaticism up close like that. | 近距离接触这种狂热信徒 |
[40:54] | And humbling, too. | 但也让我惶恐 |
[40:56] | All my fancy talk won’t be worth much | 我那些漂亮的说辞要是没来得及阻止他 |
[40:58] | if they can’t stop him in time. | 那真是什么价值都没有 |
[41:04] | So, you’re sure you haven’t heard from Mr. Mayfield | 你确定你没有收到梅菲尔德先生 |
[41:06] | or any of the other former members of the Covenant of John? | 或者其他约翰圣约组织前成员的消息吗 |
[41:09] | Like I said, I’m not into that stuff no more. | 我说了 我已经不参与那些事了 |
[41:12] | And what about your cousin, Ted? Is he still in the militia? | 那你表亲泰德呢 他还在自卫队吗 |
[41:15] | You know, I don’t really keep up with Ted. | 我跟泰德也不怎么联系 |
[41:16] | I just go to work, | 我就出门上班 |
[41:19] | come home. | 下班回家 |
[41:21] | Sometimes see my mother. | 有时候看看我妈妈 |
[41:25] | Well, thank you, Mr. Hobson. | 谢谢 霍布森先生 |
[41:27] | If anything comes up, | 要是有什么情况 |
[41:29] | give us a call. | 请联系我们 |
[41:30] | Will do. | 一定 |
[41:34] | Y’all take care now. | 你们路上小心 |
[42:01] | Ted, it’s me. | 泰德 是我 |
[42:03] | They were here. | 他们来过了 |
[42:05] | The time is nigh. | 时候快到了 |