时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Were you imprisoned in Russia on chargespionage? | 你是否曾因间谍罪在俄罗斯被关押 |
[00:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:07] | 线人 德米特里·彼得罗夫 化名 亚历山大·梅拉诺夫 | |
[00:08] | Did you sustain any injuries | 你被关押在俄罗斯期间 |
[00:09] | during your imprisonment in Russia? | 是否曾受到伤害 |
[00:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:14] | Were your injuries a result of torture? | 所受伤害是拷问所致吗 |
[00:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:21] | Do you resent the United States government | 对于美国政府在你遭受监禁时的立场 |
[00:23] | for its role in your incarceration? | 是否心存不满 |
[00:27] | Sometimes. | 有时会 |
[00:28] | Do you plan to subvert or sabotage | 你有计划对美国政府 |
[00:30] | the U.S. government? | 实施妨碍或破坏活动吗 |
[00:32] | No. | 没有 |
[00:32] | We have recruits with a lot less baggage. | 我们有很多背景简单得多的新兵 |
[00:35] | We would be allowing a former member of the Russian military | 我们可能会让一名俄罗斯军队前成员 |
[00:38] | into the highest levels of the Agency. | 进入中情局的最高级别 |
[00:42] | I need you to be clear-eyed on this. | 我需要你清楚一点 |
[00:45] | That it’s not some kind of penance on your part | 这并不是对你将他留在集中营的 |
[00:47] | – for leaving him in a Gulag. – It’s not. | -一种补赎 -不是 |
[00:48] | But you’ll be fully accountable for him. | 但你要对他全权负责 |
[00:52] | You know, you’re running a division of the CIA | 你现在可是负责着中情局中 |
[00:54] | that involves our most sensitive work, | 涉及最敏感信息的部门 |
[00:57] | and you’re five minutes on the job. | 这才刚上任 |
[00:59] | Then I must think he’s pretty valuable. | 那我一定觉得他很有价值 |
[01:00] | Have you ever been convicted of a felony? | 你是否曾被判重罪 |
[01:04] | This process isn’t exactly reliable with a guy like this. | 这个过程对这样的人来说不完全可靠 |
[01:07] | We’ll see how he does here. | 我们等等看他的测试结果 |
[01:08] | I’ll have an answer for you tomorrow. | 明天给你答复 |
[01:17] | One store, two hours, six bags, | 一家商店 两小时 六大包 |
[01:21] | everything on the list, shazam. | 清单上的所有东西 快变 |
[01:23] | Shazam? Nice. Really bringing it back. | 快变 不错呀 紧跟趋势 |
[01:25] | I love Bed Bath & Beyond. | 我喜欢万能家居这个商场 |
[01:27] | Yes, you do. | 没错 |
[01:29] | Because they have everything. | 商品一应俱全 |
[01:30] | They have things you didn’t even know you wanted, | 甚至有那些你都不知道你需要的东西 |
[01:32] | and that, my friend, is where the Beyond part kicks in. | 所以才叫它万能 |
[01:35] | Uh, like a ceramic hedgehog that’s really a shoe scraper? | 比如一个实际是鞋刷的陶瓷刺猬吗 |
[01:38] | You know, you are so gonna use that. | 你真的用得上 |
[01:40] | Wait and see, I’m telling you. | 等着瞧吧 绝对的 |
[01:42] | Probably more than the turbo wet/dry hand vac. | 可能比那个干湿两用的手持真空吸尘器更常用 |
[01:46] | What? No, no, no, that is a must have. | 什么 不不 是一定 |
[01:49] | We’re not going to be slaughtering our own food. | 我们又不会自己动手做饭 |
[01:51] | How messy can we be? | 能有多脏呢 |
[01:53] | Well, you would be surprised. | 会让你大吃一惊的 |
[01:55] | Please. It’s just gonna take up closet space. | 拜托 那只会占据衣柜的空间 |
[01:57] | Why don’t you keep it here? | 为什么不放家里呢 |
[01:58] | We already have two. Upstairs, downstairs. | 已经有两个了 楼上 楼下 |
[02:02] | Ah, the familiar rustle of capitalism at work. | 这熟悉的资本主义工作中的腔调 |
[02:05] | We got everything. | 一切就绪了 |
[02:06] | Operation Ali Goes to College is completo. | 艾莉上大学行动准备完毕 |
[02:09] | Except, you know, the going to college. | 除了”去”大学的部分 |
[02:11] | In two days. I can’t believe it. | 就剩两天了 难以相信 |
[02:13] | And I can’t believe that | 更无法相信 |
[02:14] | I’m not gonna be able to take you, Ali. | 我没法去送你 艾莉 |
[02:15] | It’s okay. I think they’d miss the secretary of state | 没事 我想他们会需要国务卿 |
[02:19] | at the United Nations General Assembly. | 出席联合国大会 |
[02:21] | Dad and I will be fine. | 爸爸和我去就好 |
[02:22] | Oh, no. You didn’t. | 不 不是吧 |
[02:24] | Mom. The wet/dry vac? | 妈妈 干湿真空吸尘器 |
[02:27] | You loved yours. | 你喜欢你的那个 |
[02:29] | I sold it, | 我都卖了 |
[02:30] | the second week of school. | 去学校的第二周 |
[02:32] | You did? | 真的 |
[02:32] | Also, I never sorted my laundry. | 还有 我的衣物从不分类洗 |
[02:34] | Okay? I just put it all in the washing machine, | 好吗 我只是把它们全放进洗衣机 |
[02:37] | – on cold water. – Please stop. | -用冷水洗 -别说了 |
[02:38] | Okay. Show of hands. | 好了 举手表决 |
[02:40] | Who thinks a game room would benefit the whole family? | 谁觉得一个游戏房对整个家庭都有用 |
[02:42] | I’m only going an hour away. | 学校离家就一小时路程 |
[02:43] | You’re not taking over my room. | 你别想占用我的房间 |
[02:45] | Guard it for me, will you? | 帮我守好房间 好吗 |
[02:46] | Uh, sorry, I’m going to New York tomorrow, so… | 抱歉 我明天要去纽约 |
[02:49] | You’re going to UNGA, too? | 你也要去联合国大会 |
[02:50] | Yes, in my capacity as | 是的 作为 |
[02:52] | the White House chief of staff’s silent intern. | 白宫幕僚长的沉默实习生 |
[02:55] | Russell says that I’m not allowed to talk to anyone. | 拉塞尔不许我和任何人说话 |
[02:57] | Yeah, he says that to me a lot, too. | 没错 他也总这么要求我 |
[02:59] | Can you guys give me a hand? | 你们能搭把手吗 |
[03:00] | I have to start packing. | 我得开始打包行李了 |
[03:01] | Packing for college! | 为大学打包 |
[03:04] | Can you believe it? | 你们能相信吗 |
[03:05] | Yes, Mom, we can all believe it. | 是的 妈妈 我们都相信 |
[03:07] | Well, I can’t. | 好吧 我不能 |
[03:09] | It would still be your room, just with an air hockey table. | 这还是你的房间 只是多一张冰球桌 |
[03:12] | Forget it. | 别想了 |
[03:14] | What about a… pool table, maybe? | 要不…台球桌怎么样 |
[03:17] | Whose side are you on? | 你站哪边 |
[03:22] | The new one is cordless! | 新吸尘器是无绳的 |
[03:24] | It’s just… | 真是… |
[03:26] | I’m gonna, I’m gonna charge it up for you. | 我会 我会帮你充好电的 |
[03:29] | ‘Cause you are gonna use it. | 你会用得上的 |
[03:31] | We need to get a hobby. | 我们得找个爱好 |
[03:34] | Something that we can do together. | 我们可以一起做的事 |
[03:35] | You know? Like… golf or… tennis | 比如…高尔夫 或者网球 |
[03:39] | or maybe a book club. | 或者读书会 |
[03:41] | Totally. | 绝对 |
[03:43] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[03:45] | We are two years away from having a completely empty nest, | 还有两年我们就完全空巢了 |
[03:49] | and we are not prepared. | 我们可还没准备好 |
[03:52] | We could turn into that couple | 我们可能会变成那种 |
[03:53] | that doesn’t know how to talk to each other. | 不知道如何与对方交流的夫妇 |
[03:55] | We’ll start watching TV shows we don’t care about. | 我们会开始看那些并不关心的电视节目 |
[03:59] | Stop going to restaurants ’cause they’re too loud. | 因为餐馆太喧闹而不再出去吃饭 |
[04:01] | Stop going to movies ’cause of parking. | 因为停车麻烦而不去电影院 |
[04:02] | And from there, it is just a race to the bathtub | 从那开始 这种局面 |
[04:05] | that opens from the side. | 将一发不可收拾 |
[04:08] | Stop feeling guilty. | 别感到内疚 |
[04:09] | That is not it. | 才不是 |
[04:10] | Technically, Stevie still lives with us. | 严格意义上 斯蒂芬和我们住 |
[04:12] | There’s an excellent chance Jason will never leave. | 有极大的可能杰森永远不会离开 |
[04:15] | I don’t think empty nest is gonna be our problem. | 我觉得我们不会有空巢的问题 |
[04:18] | Or maybe you just know | 也许你只是知道 |
[04:20] | how much better I am at golf and tennis. | 我的高尔夫和网球打得有多好 |
[04:25] | I will slay you at book club. | 我会在读书会秒杀你的 |
[04:28] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[04:29] | I feel guilty. | 我很内疚 |
[04:31] | Stop it. | 别这样 |
[04:32] | You couldn’t take Stevie to college. | 你也没能送斯蒂芬去学校 |
[04:34] | – I know. – Remember? You had the flu? | -我知道 -记得吗 你得了流感 |
[04:35] | And look what happened; she dropped out. | 看看发生了什么 她辍学了 |
[04:37] | And then she finished, | 她最终毕业了 |
[04:38] | and now she’s an intern for the White House chief of staff, | 现在她是白宫幕僚长的实习生了 |
[04:40] | So… It’s a watershed event. | 那…这是个转折点 |
[04:41] | It is a life moment, and it is just passing me by. | 这是个重要的时刻 而我就要错过了 |
[04:46] | Do I sound whiny? | 我是不是在发牢骚了 |
[04:49] | But in a way that I find totally attractive. | 我觉得非常迷人 |
[04:53] | After the reception breakfast, you have a bilateral meeting | 在早餐会后 你要和外交部陈部长 |
[04:56] | with Foreign Minister Chen. | 进行双边会谈 |
[04:57] | Then the free speech resolution takes up most of tomorrow. | 自由言论决议将占用明天的大部分时间 |
[05:00] | That’s definitely gonna dominate the agenda, ma’am. | 这绝对会是主要议题 国务卿 |
[05:02] | Not to mention the news cycle. | 更别提新闻圈了 |
[05:04] | Getting China to the table | 让中国参与 |
[05:04] | on a multilateral accord promoting greater free speech… | 促进更多言论自由的多边会议… |
[05:07] | is a foreign policy achievement | 是一个外交政策成就 |
[05:09] | that will open up China | 这将使中国 |
[05:10] | to the same political and economic transparency | 达到我们长久以来期望 |
[05:12] | we’ve come to expect from our Western allies? | 从欧洲同盟那里得到的政治和经济透明度 |
[05:14] | Boom. | 厉害了 |
[05:15] | – Thanks, Matt. – Daisy’s got you booked | -多谢 马特 -戴西为您联系好了 |
[05:16] | on the cable news circuit, prime time, | 有线新闻节目 黄金档 |
[05:19] | with the anchors you like, except for… Marty Hawk, | 主播都是你喜欢的 除了…马蒂·霍克 |
[05:23] | – which couldn’t avoid. – Oh, Marty. | -躲不了的 -马蒂 |
[05:27] | Well, maybe I’ll get a chance to finish some of the sentences | 也许我能有机会听完那些 |
[05:30] | I didn’t get to the last time I was there. | 上次没听完的话 |
[05:33] | He’s the highest-rated interrupter on cable, ma’am. | 他是全电视台插话的冠军 |
[05:35] | I understand. | 我深有体会 |
[05:36] | Oh, also, ma’am, your brother Will asked me | 还有 国务卿 您的弟弟威尔 |
[05:38] | to remind you that he’ll be attending UNGA | 让我提醒您 他会作为在第三世界国家 |
[05:40] | as a guest speaker promoting cholera vaccinations | 宣传霍乱疫苗的特邀发言人 |
[05:42] | in Third World countries. | 出席联合国大会 |
[05:44] | And you’re having lunch with him at the Four Seasons. | 您和他要在四季酒店共进午餐 |
[05:46] | Totally remembered that. | 记住了 |
[05:48] | Of course you did, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[05:53] | Madam Secretary, Rogério Bento | 国务卿女士 我是来自 |
[05:55] | of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste! | 东帝汶民主共和国的罗杰里奥·本托 |
[05:57] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[05:58] | Rogério Bento, Assistant Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, | 我是罗杰里奥·本托 东帝汶民主共和国 |
[06:00] | Nice to see you, Mr. Bento. | 您好 本托先生 |
[06:01] | Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste! | 外交部副部长助理 |
[06:02] | Mr. Bento, Mr. Bento, we will get back to you. | 本托先生 本托先生 我们会与您联系的 |
[06:05] | – Please, it’s urgent! – Good day, sir. | -拜托 情况紧急 -祝您愉快 先生 |
[06:06] | Please, it’s urgent I get a meeting! | 拜托 情况紧急 我要去开会了 |
[06:07] | Madam Secretary McCord! | 麦考德国务卿女士 |
[06:08] | Any guesses what that was about? | 对这事有什么想法 |
[06:10] | Something to do with their maritime dispute with Australia | 和他们与澳大利亚的 |
[06:12] | and the South China Sea? | 南海海事纠纷有关吧 |
[06:13] | That’s all the secretary needs is to send a message | 国务卿所需要的就是通过 |
[06:16] | to China by meeting with Timor-Leste. | 与东帝汶的会议向中国传递一个信息 |
[06:19] | Agreed. Just smile and keep moving. | 同意 保持微笑 继续走吧 |
[06:21] | So this is actually a better idea. | 这真的是一个更好的想法 |
[06:24] | – Hi. – Hi, baby. | -你好 -你好 宝贝 |
[06:25] | – Excuse me, Mr. Prime Minister. – Of course. | -失陪 总理先生 -您请 |
[06:27] | This is pretty exciting, huh? | 真让人激动啊 |
[06:29] | Have you seen the raspberry strudel? | 你看到树莓点心了吗 |
[06:31] | You have to bodycheck the Norwegian ambassador. | 你得去检查下挪威大使 |
[06:33] | – Mom. Mom. – He’s, like, parked there. | -妈妈 妈妈 -他都挪不动脚了 |
[06:35] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[06:36] | Mr. Jackson and the President need to talk to you. | 杰克逊先生和总统找你 |
[06:40] | Oh. Okay. | 好 |
[06:40] | Uh, get something to eat, okay? | 去吃点东西 好吗 |
[06:42] | – Mom. – You have to eat. | -妈妈 -你得吃点东西 |
[06:48] | China has pulled out of the free speech resolution. | 中国退出了言论自由决议 |
[06:51] | What? When? | 什么 什么时候 |
[06:53] | 14 minutes ago. | 十四分钟前 |
[06:56] | Did they say why? | 他们说为什么了吗 |
[06:57] | No public statement, and I couldn’t get | 没有公开声明 李主席办公室 |
[06:59] | President Li’s office to return my call. | 也不回我电话 |
[07:02] | My best guess is they were never serious | 我猜他们一开始 |
[07:04] | about coming to the table. | 就没想好好谈 |
[07:05] | Just… wanted to bait and humiliate us on the world stage. | 只想…诱骗我们并在全世界面前羞辱我们 |
[07:11] | I have a bilateral meeting with Minister Chen | 我跟陈部长晚些时候安排了 |
[07:14] | scheduled after this. | 一次双边会谈 |
[07:15] | So maybe you can keep the dialogue alive. | 也许你可以让他们保持对话 |
[07:18] | Actually, I was thinking I just won’t show up. | 事实上 我觉得我干脆就不去了 |
[07:21] | If it is gamesmanship, | 如果他们是要耍花招 |
[07:23] | then we have to demonstrate that we’re serious. | 那我们就必须表现出我们是认真的 |
[07:25] | Instead, I’ll take a meeting with the Assistant Vice Minister | 取而代之 我会与东帝汶外交部的 |
[07:29] | of Foreign Affairs for Timor-Leste. | 助理副部长会面 |
[07:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:33] | He says it’s urgent. | 他说情况紧急 |
[07:34] | I think it’s probably about the maritime law | 我想可能是有关于海商法和 |
[07:37] | and the South China Sea. | 南海问题 |
[07:39] | That matters to China. | 这中国很重要 |
[07:41] | Free speech matters to us. | 言论自由对我们很重要 |
[07:43] | I think President Li will get the point. | 我想李主席会明白的 |
[07:47] | It’s aggressive and at the same time a little petty. | 这样很激进 同时也很小气 |
[07:51] | Works for me. | 我看行 |
[07:52] | So we take control of the narrative | 所以我们先发制人 |
[07:54] | and wait for them to make the next move. | 再等他们的下一步动作 |
[07:56] | Yes, sir. | 是 总统先生 |
[07:58] | Give my regards to the | 代我问候东帝汶的 |
[08:00] | Assistant Vice Minister of Timor-Leste. | 助理外交部副部长 |
[08:02] | I will, sir. | 我会的 总统先生 |
[08:15] | You’re gonna need this. | 你需要来一杯 |
[08:18] | I just heard from Director Haymond. | 我刚从海蒙德局长那里得知 |
[08:21] | You’re in. | 你通过了 |
[08:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:25] | But I have to be honest, | 不过我得说实话 |
[08:26] | the director was a hard sell. | 局长同意得很勉强 |
[08:28] | So if there are any second thoughts, | 所以你要是还有别的想法 |
[08:30] | you need to tell me now. | 最好现在告诉我 |
[08:32] | I’m all in. | 我全心全意 |
[08:35] | Good. | 很好 |
[08:40] | Mr. Bento. Elizabeth McCord. | 本托先生 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[08:42] | It’s very good to meet you officially. | 很高兴正式会面 |
[08:45] | Madam Secretary, thank you so much for making the time. | 国务卿女士 非常感谢您抽出时间 |
[08:47] | – Of course. – I was surprised to hear from your office, | -不用谢 -收到您办公室的邀请我很惊讶 |
[08:49] | but-but very pleased. | 但我非常荣幸 |
[08:50] | Um, can I get you something? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[08:52] | Coffee or tea? | 咖啡还是茶 |
[08:53] | Just-just water. | 水就行 |
[08:55] | I understand that you had something | 我知道你有 |
[08:57] | of an… an urgent nature | 很紧急的事情 |
[08:59] | to discuss with me. | 要与我讨论 |
[09:00] | And my staff, they thought it might be about | 我的幕僚们 他们觉得可能是 |
[09:03] | the situation in the South China Sea. | 有关南海的局势问题 |
[09:05] | As you know, | 如你所知 |
[09:05] | we’ve had our own disputes with China over… | 我们跟中国也有争端 就… |
[09:10] | Mr. Bento? | 本托先生 |
[09:14] | Help! Somebody! | 救命 来人 |
[09:16] | What happened, Ma’am?! | 怎么了 国务卿 |
[09:17] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[09:20] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[09:22] | Go get someone! | 去叫人来 |
[09:24] | Matt, go! | 马特 快去 |
[09:38] | – Ma’am. – Thank you, Blake. | -国务卿 -谢谢 布莱克 |
[09:39] | Uh, also, a gentle reminder that | 还有 提醒您一下 |
[09:41] | you missed breakfast, so you haven’t eaten. | 早饭时间已经过了 您还没吃早饭 |
[09:43] | Remind me again in an hour, okay? | 一小时后再提醒我好吗 |
[09:44] | Were they able to determine the cause of death? | 他们确定死因了吗 |
[09:46] | No. Not until the autopsy. | 没有 得等到尸检 |
[09:49] | The EMT said it looked like a cardiac episode, | 急救人员说看上去像是心脏病发 |
[09:51] | possibly an aneurysm. | 可能是个动脉瘤 |
[09:52] | It’s already in the news. We need to make a statement. | 已经上新闻了 我们得发表声明 |
[09:55] | I’ll take care of it. | 交给我吧 |
[09:56] | Thanks, Matt. | 谢谢 马特 |
[09:58] | We should contact the Bento family | 我们应该联系本托的家人 |
[10:00] | so I can extend my personal condolences. | 以便我亲自致哀 |
[10:02] | – I’ll reach out. – Thank you. | -我去联系 -谢谢 |
[10:05] | The President of Timor-Leste | 东帝汶总统 |
[10:07] | would like to speak with you personally, | 想和您亲自交谈 |
[10:08] | so I set up a meeting for about an hour from now. | 所以我安排了一小时后的会面 |
[10:12] | Okay. Good. | 好 |
[10:13] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[10:14] | I-I’m really– I’m not hungry. | 我真的…我不饿 |
[10:16] | Y-You should just change your outfit. | 您应该去换身衣服 |
[10:23] | Right. Okay. Thank you. | 对 好 谢谢 |
[10:27] | Shocking news from the U.N. today. | 来自联合国的震惊新闻 |
[10:29] | A foreign official collapsed | 一名外国官员 |
[10:30] | and died during a face-to-face meeting | 在与国务卿的会面中 |
[10:32] | with Secretary of State… | 倒下身亡… |
[10:33] | There’s more? | 还有吗 |
[10:34] | Here’s the second to last batch. | 这是倒数第二批了 |
[10:36] | You have seen the dimensions of your dorm room, right? | 你知道你宿舍的大小吧 |
[10:39] | Blame Mom. She’s the one that went nuts in the big box store. | 怪妈妈去吧 是她疯狂购物的 |
[10:42] | You have 18 pairs of shoes. | 你带了十八双鞋 |
[10:44] | You counted my shoes? | 你还数了我的鞋子 |
[10:45] | Hey, babe. How are you? | 宝贝 你还好吗 |
[10:46] | I heard about the guy in Timor-Leste. | 我听说东帝汶那人的事了 |
[10:48] | I was meeting with him. | 我当时正跟他会面 |
[10:49] | It happened right in front of me. | 事情就在我眼前发生 |
[10:51] | Yeah, that’s what they said on the news. | 是啊 新闻上也是那么说的 |
[10:52] | A heart attack, apparently? | 心脏病 对吗 |
[10:53] | Oh, I don’t know yet. | 我还不清楚 |
[10:55] | There’s already something on the Internet | 网上已经开始传 |
[10:56] | about a secret meeting regarding the South China Sea. | 事关南海的秘密会面 |
[10:59] | That’s why the Chinese pulled out | 所以中国才退出了 |
[11:00] | of the free speech resolution. | 言论自由决议 |
[11:02] | Ugh, the Internet. | 网民 |
[11:03] | I know. | 可不是吗 |
[11:04] | But you’re okay, right? | 不过你没事吧 |
[11:05] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[11:08] | How’s it going there? | 家里怎么样 |
[11:09] | Oh, great. | 好极了 |
[11:10] | Just have to engineer Ali’s entire life | 只是得想办法在明天之前 |
[11:13] | into the back of an SUV before tomorrow. | 把艾莉的全部生活装进越野车后备箱去 |
[11:15] | He tried to count my shoes. | 他还数了我的鞋子 |
[11:17] | 18 pairs. | 十八双 |
[11:18] | You ever counted mine? | 你数过我的吗 |
[11:20] | – Yes. – Okay. | -当然 -好吧 |
[11:21] | The women and shoe thing– y-you got to let it go. | 女人和她们的鞋子 你尽量理解吧 |
[11:25] | I’ve tried. | 我尽力了 |
[11:27] | Let me talk to Ali. I want to say good-bye again. | 把电话给艾莉 我想再道个别 |
[11:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:31] | Mom, we literally can’t finish | 妈妈 我们真的没法在到之前 |
[11:33] | the soundtrack of Hamilton before we get there. | 听完汉密尔顿的配乐 |
[11:37] | Yes, I have the wet/dry vac right here. | 是的 我带干湿吸尘器了 |
[11:41] | I’m so very sorry for your loss, President Da Silva. | 我深表哀悼 达席尔瓦总统 |
[11:45] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢 国务卿女士 |
[11:47] | Rogerio was a long-time member of my government, | 罗杰里奥已经在我的政府任职多年 |
[11:51] | but he was much more than that. | 但他不仅如此 |
[11:53] | He was a good friend. | 他还是我的好朋友 |
[11:56] | We known each other since primary school. | 我们从小学就认识了 |
[11:59] | Were you aware of any health problems? | 你知道他有任何的健康问题吗 |
[12:02] | Not really, but he was under a considerable amount of stress. | 貌似没有 但他承受了相当大的压力 |
[12:07] | See, his daughter Jasmine died suddenly several months ago– | 他女儿茉莉数月前突然去世 |
[12:11] | a car accident. | 车祸 |
[12:12] | Terrible tragedy. | 可怕的悲剧 |
[12:13] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[12:15] | She was only 22 years old. | 她才二十二岁 |
[12:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[12:19] | I wonder if you can tell me, Madam Secretary, | 您是否可以告诉我 国务卿女士 |
[12:22] | what it was Rogerio wanted to discuss with you. | 罗杰里奥之前想跟你谈论的是什么 |
[12:26] | We didn’t get a chance to talk. | 我们都没有来得及说 |
[12:28] | I thought you might tell me. | 我还以为你会告诉我 |
[12:31] | I have no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[12:32] | I was surprised to hear he was meeting with you. | 我得知他要与您会面也很惊讶 |
[12:35] | I found out on the news. | 我是从新闻上听说的 |
[12:37] | Did it seem important? | 看上去很重要吗 |
[12:39] | He told my staff it was. | 他跟我的幕僚说是很重要 |
[12:45] | Well, I suppose… | 那么 我想… |
[12:48] | it will forever remain a mystery. | 这可能永远都没法知道了 |
[12:58] | Sorry to bother you during your break, ma’am. | 抱歉打扰您休息 国务卿 |
[13:00] | Oh, no, I-I was just running out to meet Will for lunch. | 没有 我正要出去跟威尔吃午饭 |
[13:06] | – Everything okay? – Well, some surprising news. | -怎么了吗 -有些意外的新闻 |
[13:08] | President Da Silva has ordered Mr. Bento’s body released. | 达席尔瓦总统下令带走本托先生的遗体 |
[13:12] | It is right now in transit back to Timor-Leste. | 现在正在运回东帝汶的路上 |
[13:15] | Now? What about the autopsy? | 现在吗 那尸检呢 |
[13:16] | There isn’t going to be one. | 不会有尸检了 |
[13:18] | Da Silva is claiming that Mr. Bento’s body | 达席尔瓦声称本托先生的遗体 |
[13:21] | falls under the protections of diplomatic immunity. | 享有外交豁免权 |
[13:24] | But it’s his friend. | 但那可是他的朋友 |
[13:26] | Why wouldn’t he want to know how he died? | 他为什么不想知道他是怎么死的呢 |
[13:28] | I don’t know, ma’am. | 我不知道 国务卿 |
[13:31] | I get it. | 我知道 |
[13:32] | It’s a little stuffy having lunch at the Four Seasons, | 在四季吃午饭是有些古板 |
[13:35] | but wasn’t there something in the middle? | 但是不是还有些折中的选择 |
[13:37] | Something between party and street meat? | 在街头小食和宴会之间的选择 |
[13:38] | I’m a little pressed for time. | 我有点赶时间 |
[13:41] | Need you to do something for me. | 需要你帮个忙 |
[13:43] | You cancel our fancy lunch, | 你放我鸽子不请我吃大餐了 |
[13:44] | now you want me to do your laundry? | 还想让我帮你干活 |
[13:46] | I want you to do a lab test. | 我想让你帮我做个检测 |
[13:48] | Minister Bento’s blood is on my blouse. | 本托部长的血沾到了我的衬衫上 |
[13:50] | It’s what I was wearing when he died in front of me. | 他在我面前倒下的时候我穿的就是这衣服 |
[13:52] | Don’t happen to have a lab on me. | 真是不巧 没有随身带实验室 |
[13:54] | You have to know someone in town, right? | 你肯定能找到门路 |
[13:56] | Maybe, but what am I looking for? | 可能行吧 可你想要我找什么 |
[13:58] | What, you think the guy was murdered? | 你觉得那人是被谋杀的 |
[14:02] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[14:03] | But something is up. | 但事有蹊跷 |
[14:06] | Bento was desperate to talk to me. | 本托非常迫切地想和我谈谈 |
[14:09] | But his president claimed not to know what it was about. | 但他们总统却声称不知道他想和我谈什么 |
[14:11] | And then he suddenly orders the body released, | 并且突然要求归还遗体 |
[14:14] | sent it back home without an autopsy. | 拒绝尸检 直接运送回国 |
[14:15] | Now, I don’t want to start a whole diplomatic firestorm | 我不想在没有确凿证据的情况下 |
[14:19] | without some valid evidence. | 掀起一场外交风波 |
[14:20] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你这眼神是什么意思 |
[14:22] | Because I think you’re sublimating. | 我觉得你在精神转移 |
[14:24] | Don’t. That’s not even your field. | 别扯了 这不是你的研究领域 |
[14:25] | I did a rotation in psychiatry. | 我去精神科轮值过 |
[14:28] | What am I sublimating about? | 我有什么要转移的 |
[14:29] | Guilt over not taking Alison to college. | 在为不能送艾莉森去学校而自责 |
[14:32] | How do you even know about that? | 你怎么知道这事 |
[14:34] | I’m her cool uncle. | 我是她的好叔叔 |
[14:35] | We Bitmoji. | 我们经常表情包 |
[14:37] | That’s not a verb. | 这根本就不是个动词 |
[14:38] | She’s just indulging you. | 她这只是在纵容你 |
[14:40] | She says you’re freaking out about | 她说你因为不能送她去学校而坐立不安 |
[14:41] | not taking her to a school that’s only an hour away. | 尽管你们才隔了一个小时的车程 |
[14:43] | Why do people keep saying that? It is still away. | 怎么人人都这么说 一小时那也是距离 |
[14:46] | The point is you can’t invent a murder mystery | 重点是你不能为了转移注意力 |
[14:48] | – to distract yourself from missing her send-off. – Okay. | -而凭空捏造出一个谋杀案来 -够了 |
[14:50] | First of all, even if I’m sublimating, | 首先 就算我想精神转移 |
[14:51] | I’m not insane. | 我还是有理智的 |
[14:52] | These are two separate issues. | 这两件事毫不相干 |
[14:55] | And secondly, it makes perfect sense | 其次 这完全情有可原 |
[14:57] | that sending my daughter off to college alone… | 让我女儿独自去学校 |
[14:59] | With Henry. …would bring up all sorts of things… | -有亨利呢 -勾起我很多不好的回忆 |
[15:03] | for me, about driving myself to college because | 就因为我是孤儿 |
[15:06] | I was an orphan and because | 而且琼姨当时出差了 |
[15:08] | Aunt Joan was away on… on business, and… | 我只能自己开车去学校 |
[15:11] | I was the only student, you know, dragging my belongings | 你知道吗 我是弗吉尼亚大学唯一一个 |
[15:15] | by myself across the quad at UVA. | 自己拖着行李去宿舍的学生 |
[15:19] | And that is why, when it was your turn to go to college, | 所以你上大学的时候 |
[15:22] | I moved Heaven and Earth so that I could bring you myself | 我千方百计抽出空亲自送你去 |
[15:25] | and you wouldn’t have to go through that. | 就为了不让你也有那样不愉快的经历 |
[15:27] | I thought Aunt Joan took me. | 我记得是琼姨送我去的 |
[15:29] | What? No, I took you. | 什么 是我好吗 |
[15:33] | I don’t think so. | 不是你吧 |
[15:34] | Of course I did. I… | 当然是我 我 |
[15:36] | I helped you put up your anti-apartheid posters | 我帮你贴了反种族隔离的海报 |
[15:39] | and your Linda Ronstadt posters, | 还有琳达·龙斯塔特的海报 |
[15:41] | and… and then, remember, we went and we had… | 记不记得了 然后我们还去 |
[15:43] | we had veggie burgers down at the… | 吃了素食汉堡 |
[15:45] | How can you not remember that? | 你居然都忘了 |
[15:46] | I remember Linda Ronstadt, but… | 我记得琳达·龙斯塔特的事 但是 |
[15:49] | Hey, look, whatever happened, we both turned out okay. | 不管怎样 我们现在都好好的 |
[15:54] | Except you. You’re… you’re serious about this? | 只是你不太好 这事你是认真的吗 |
[15:56] | You’re exhausting. Please, just do it. | 跟你说话真是累死了 让你办你就办 |
[15:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:03] | Thanks for the hot dog. | 谢谢你的热狗 |
[16:05] | I’m surprised you remember it. | 你居然记得这是我买的 |
[16:08] | Ma’am, I finally tracked down Bento’s family. | 国务卿 我终于追踪到了本托家人的下落 |
[16:10] | Turns out that hours after news of his death broke, | 他的死讯发布后仅几个小时 |
[16:11] | his wife and two teenage sons got on a plane for Australia | 他妻子就带着两个小儿子飞往澳大利亚 |
[16:14] | to seek political asylum. I wasn’t able to talk to… | 寻求政治避难 我还没能与 |
[16:16] | – Political asylum? – Yes, ma’am. | -政治避难 -是的 国务卿 |
[16:17] | But I wasn’t able to talk to Mrs. Bento personally | 但我还没有亲自与本托夫人谈过 |
[16:19] | because they’re still with the immigration authorities. | 因为他们还在移民局 |
[16:20] | But another thing: we all went back through our records, | 还有一件事 我们查阅了记录 |
[16:23] | and there are at least a hundred messages from Bento | 在过去几个月中 本托至少发送了 |
[16:25] | over the last few months, trying to get a meeting with you. | 一百条消息 想要约见您 |
[16:26] | How does that not make its way up the chain? | 为什么这些消息没有报上来 |
[16:28] | Because they were all to different departments | 因为消息发送到了不同的部门 |
[16:30] | and he didn’t say what it was about | 并且他没有表明所为何事 |
[16:31] | and he was an assistant vice minister to Timor-Leste. | 而他的身份只是东帝汶的一个助理副部长 |
[16:32] | – We didn’t… – Never mind. | -我们没有 -别说了 |
[16:33] | It doesn’t, it doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 这不重要 |
[16:35] | Pull whatever strings you can with the Australians. | 务必想办法疏通澳大利亚那边的关系 |
[16:38] | I need to get Bento’s wife on the phone. | 我要和本托的妻子通话 |
[16:39] | If she has any idea what her husband | 如果她知道她丈夫要和我谈什么 |
[16:41] | wanted to talk to me about, I need to hear it. | 不能错过这消息 |
[16:43] | Yes, ma’am. | 是 国务卿 |
[16:48] | So, my friend at the lab rushed the job for me. | 我实验室的朋友帮我赶了个工 |
[16:50] | Ran a few panels, | 她做了一些检测 |
[16:52] | but couldn’t tell me the exact compound yet. | 现在还不能确定具体是什么物质 |
[16:54] | But the blood did test positive for tetrasulfate. | 但血迹中的确检测出了四硫化物 |
[16:58] | What’s that? | 什么东西 |
[16:59] | Highly toxic material. | 剧毒物质 |
[17:00] | Ingested in high doses, it would kill someone | 若大量摄入 足以在一小时内致命 |
[17:02] | in less than an hour, so the guy was poisoned. | 所以他的确是被毒杀的 |
[17:05] | So much for sublimating. | 谁说我在精神转移来着 |
[17:07] | Yeah, sorry about that. | 抱歉 错怪你了 |
[17:09] | So where would… I don’t know… | 从哪些渠道可以 |
[17:11] | somebody find some tetrasulfate? | 获取四硫化物 |
[17:15] | Depends on the kind. | 这要看是哪种 |
[17:17] | She can test for more specific markers, | 如果你想知道得更确切些 |
[17:18] | if you want. | 她可以再精确测试 |
[17:19] | – It’ll take a while, but… – Yes. No, it’s great. | -这得花上一段时间 但是 -不要紧 |
[17:21] | All right. I’ll let you know. | 好 有结果了通知你 |
[17:22] | – Look, I know I still owe you a fancy meal. – Yes. | -欠你的那顿我记着呢 -没忘就好 |
[17:24] | I just… I got to make some classified calls. I’ll… | 我得去打个机密电话 |
[17:27] | All right. | 去吧 |
[17:28] | From what we gather, | 我们了解的情况是 |
[17:30] | President Da Silva and Bento were friends. | 达·席尔瓦总统与本托是好友 |
[17:32] | The relationship seemed to strain after Bento | 尽管在本托反对将岛礁出售给中国买家后 |
[17:34] | fought the sale of their atolls to Chinese buyers. | 两人关系变得紧张 |
[17:37] | In fact, when Bento made those protestations last year, | 事实上 去年本托反对这一提案时 |
[17:40] | it was not as assistant vice minister of foreign affairs, | 他的职务是商务部长 |
[17:43] | but as the minister of commerce. | 而不是外交部助理副部长 |
[17:45] | Looks like China finally got through to Da Silva, | 看来中国人拿下了达·席尔瓦 |
[17:47] | who betrayed his friend, demoted him, | 让他背叛了朋友 将他降职 |
[17:49] | and quietly sold off the islands to a shadowy buyer. | 并暗中将岛屿卖给了神秘买家 |
[17:52] | Like a front for a Chinese state-owned enterprise. | 比如一家为中国国有企业作掩护的公司 |
[17:55] | Yes, sir. | 没错 阁下 |
[17:55] | And I think that Bento was going to blow the whistle to me, | 我认为本托打算将这个消息透露给我 |
[17:59] | and then Da Silva got wind of his intentions | 达·席尔瓦察觉到了他的意图 |
[18:01] | and had him killed. | 杀他灭口 |
[18:03] | I realize that murdering your own diplomats | 我知道现在很流行 |
[18:04] | is all the rage these days, | 谋杀自己的外交官 |
[18:06] | but they’re not getting away with it on American soil, | 但决不能让他们在美国领土上逍遥法外 |
[18:08] | at the U.N. General Assembly, no less. | 更不用说是在联合国大会上发生这种事 |
[18:10] | If Da Silva was involved in this, | 如果达·席尔瓦牵涉其中 |
[18:12] | I’ll give him the Noriega treatment. | 我就拿出对付诺列加[巴拿马独裁者]的手段 |
[18:14] | FBI is into it, | 联调局已经展开调查 |
[18:15] | but in the meantime, we need to send a public message | 但同时 我们需要公开向中国 |
[18:17] | to China and to Timor-Leste | 以及东帝汶传递一个消息 |
[18:20] | that we’re onto them. | 让他们知道我们正在调查他们 |
[18:22] | Any ideas? | 有什么建议吗 |
[18:24] | Tell the press that American authorities suspect | 告诉媒体 美国政府怀疑 |
[18:26] | Bento was the victim of foul play, | 本托是被谋杀的 |
[18:28] | and are looking into several leads and prospects. | 并且正对相关线索及嫌疑人进行调查 |
[18:32] | Just need your authorization to go public. | 若您同意 我们这就对外发布 |
[18:34] | You’ve got it. | 同意 |
[18:38] | Sir. | 告退 |
[18:39] | Dad, we don’t have to unpack everything | 爸 我们不需要现在就把所有东西 |
[18:41] | – right this second. – You have 18 pairs of shoes. | -都拆箱 -你有十八双鞋子 |
[18:43] | You need to find a home for them. | 得找个地方放 |
[18:44] | I will, later. | 我会的 等会再说 |
[18:46] | Why would you put that off? | 为什么不现在就做 |
[18:47] | Because I’m starving. | 因为我快饿死了 |
[18:48] | Can I go to the dining hall, please? | 能不能去食堂嘛 |
[18:50] | You can totally have the rest of this. | 你可以吃我这个 |
[18:52] | – I’m kind of making myself sick. – Oh, no, thanks. | -我吃太多都快吃吐了 -不用了谢谢 |
[18:54] | I don’t know why he’s being like this. | 我也不知道他怎么会这样 |
[18:55] | I’m a marine. You finish the job. | 老爹我是陆战队员 绝不拖延 |
[18:57] | You were a marine. | 你曾经是陆战队员 |
[18:58] | No, there’s no past tense to “Marine”. | 一朝为陆战队员 终身都不改变 |
[19:00] | Wait, you mean, like, someone who trains dolphins? | 你是说 训练海豚的那种吗 |
[19:04] | Seriously, you should hang your stuff up | 我说真的 你应该先把东西挂起来 |
[19:06] | so that the wrinkles fall out. | 不然都皱了 |
[19:07] | I’m looking for a Bayard freshman | 这里有没有一个拜尔德时尚设计系 |
[19:10] | – studying fashion and design. – Ah, finally! | -大一新生啊 -你终于来了 |
[19:12] | Thank goodness! Oh! | 谢天谢地 |
[19:14] | I thought he was having some sort of mental breakdown. | 我觉得他都快要精神崩溃了 |
[19:17] | – Ali. – Surprise. | -艾莉 -大惊喜 |
[19:20] | You left UNGA for this? | 你翘掉联合国大会就为了到这来吗 |
[19:21] | Well, you can thank the Chinese. | 这要多谢中国 |
[19:23] | They pulled out of our biggest negotiation. | 他们退出了我们最重要的谈判 |
[19:25] | You see, there’s a silver lining to everything. | 看吧 凡事都有一线希望 |
[19:29] | Uh, Mom, this is my roommate, Lucinda. | 妈妈 这是我的舍友 露辛达 |
[19:31] | Oh, nice to meet you, Mrs. Secretary. | 很高兴见到您 国务卿女士 |
[19:32] | Lucinda. | 你好 露辛达 |
[19:33] | I’d shake your hand, but they’re, like, all gross. | 我很想跟您握个手 但我手 很脏 |
[19:34] | Oh, sure. | 没事 |
[19:36] | Oh, I guess I got this stuff everywhere. | 我把这玩意弄得到处都是了 |
[19:39] | You know what would clean that right up. | 有个东西能立刻把这些清理干净 |
[19:41] | – Oh, here we go. Come on. – We’re gonna go eat. | -我们走吧 -快去吃饭吧 |
[19:44] | Wow. It’s incredible. | 天哪 这食堂简直太棒了 |
[19:46] | They have a sushi bar. Vegan station. | 有寿司吧 素食窗口 |
[19:48] | Did you see the vegan station? | 你看到那个素食窗口没 |
[19:49] | Mac and cheese is solid | 芝士通心粉口味很赞 |
[19:50] | that’s the true litmus test of a good cafeteria. | 这是检验食堂水准的最佳标准 |
[19:52] | Okay, you guys do not need to over-love it. | 你们俩不要太爱这里 |
[19:54] | You can just like it. I’m secure in my choice. | 喜欢就够了 我知道我的选择没错 |
[19:57] | All right, well, I’m gonna go to the dessert bar, | 好吧 我要去沙漠酒吧 |
[19:58] | which looks totally ordinary, by the way. | 那酒吧看上去很正常 |
[19:59] | – Can I get an ordinary brownie? – Yes. | -我能要一块正常的布朗尼蛋糕吗 -可以 |
[20:01] | Maybe give it a second. | 等会儿 |
[20:02] | There’s some staring going on. | 有人盯着咱们 |
[20:05] | Oh, sweetheart, we don’t worry… | 宝贝 不用担心 |
[20:06] | Mom, there’s normal staring, | 妈妈 盯着看可以是正常的 |
[20:08] | and then there’s creepy staring. | 也可以是诡异的 |
[20:10] | – This feels like creepy staring. – It does? | -这似乎是那种诡异的盯着 -真的吗 |
[20:12] | – Kinda. – Sorry, uh, to interrupt, | -有点 -不好意思打扰了 |
[20:14] | but we should really get on the road soon | 但如果你想从容地 |
[20:15] | if you want to have a safe cushion | 参加马蒂·霍克的采访 |
[20:16] | – for the Marty Hawk interview. – All right, here we go. | -我们真的得赶快上路了 -好的 走吧 |
[20:20] | Just quick. | 让我快快的亲你一下 |
[20:21] | Okay, listen, you just FaceTime me | 好吧 听着 跟我视频 |
[20:24] | – or text or Skype or… – Bye, babe. | -或者给我发短信 -再见 亲爱的 |
[20:25] | I will. | 我会的 |
[20:26] | You know, you could call, you could dial… | 你可以打电话 拨打… |
[20:30] | I’m not crying. I’m not crying. | 我没哭 我没哭 |
[20:32] | I’m just misting. It’s not the same thing. | 我就是眼睛湿了 这和哭不一样 |
[20:34] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[20:36] | Did we really have to leave that early, | 我们真的需要这么早走吗 |
[20:38] | or are you just trying to get me out of there | 你是不是就想让我早点离开 |
[20:39] | before I unravel and humiliate my daughter? | 免得我控制不住 让我闺女丢人吗 |
[20:40] | Um, I am trying to get you out of this setting. | 我是想跟您说点正事 |
[20:43] | Ma’am, there’s a story trending on Twitter. | 国务卿 推特上有一个高转发事件 |
[20:45] | God, what now? | 天啊 又怎么了 |
[20:46] | It’s about the Assistant Vice Minister Bento. | 与副部长助理本托有关 |
[20:48] | It seems that you may have, um… | 看起来您好像… |
[20:50] | oh, wow, I don’t know how to say this. | 我真不知道该怎么说 |
[20:51] | – Just say it. – You murdered him. | -直说吧 -您谋杀了他 |
[21:02] | It began on a conspiracy- mongering fringe website | 这是从一个兜售阴谋的边缘网站开始的 |
[21:05] | called, hmm, Champion of Facts. | 叫事实之冠 |
[21:08] | It spread through social media at an alarmingly fast rate. | 这事在社交媒体以极快的速度传播 |
[21:12] | It’s retweeted and shared through countless sources. | 无数的网站都在转发 |
[21:16] | What’s not helping are the hundred-plus phone calls | 更糟糕的是 本托先生 |
[21:19] | that Mr. Bento made to our office. | 往我们办公室打了一百多个电话 |
[21:21] | The unanswered ones? | 我们没回复的那些吗 |
[21:22] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[21:25] | Apparently, you were avoiding him | 很明显 你在躲着他 |
[21:27] | because he had something on you. | 因为他抓住了你的什么把柄 |
[21:29] | Then you became hysterical– revealing choice of words– | 然后您就变得很激动 这词用的很巧妙 |
[21:32] | and so you stabbed him in the chest during an unscheduled, | 于是您就在联合国的一次计划外的 |
[21:35] | closed-door meeting with him at the U.N. | 单独会面中用刀捅了他的胸口 |
[21:37] | Well, hysterical or not, if I was gonna have someone killed, | 不管我是不是很激动 |
[21:40] | I’d at least be a little discreet about it. | 如果我真要杀人 至少我不会那么张扬 |
[21:42] | I was in the CIA. | 我可是在中情局干过的人 |
[21:44] | That’s been mentioned more than a few times. | 这也在传闻中提到了几次 |
[21:47] | You were trained to kill with your bare hands. | 您受过徒手杀人的训练 |
[21:50] | Well, what was it? | 那到底是怎么杀的 |
[21:51] | A knife or my bare hands? | 用刀还是徒手 |
[21:54] | There’s an open forum. | 那是个开放论坛 |
[21:55] | Ma’am, they’re ready for you. | 国务卿 他们准备好见您了 |
[22:00] | I’d be remiss if I didn’t offer the possibility | 鉴于现在的形势 我必须请您考虑 |
[22:04] | of bowing out of this interview, given the circumstances. | 是否要取消这次采访 |
[22:07] | Well, I appreciate that, but there is still a strong divide | 谢谢 但是可靠的新闻来源 |
[22:11] | between legitimate news sources and fringe-based hooey. | 和花边新闻是两码事 |
[22:16] | This appearance is gonna drive that point home. | 我参加这次采访就能说明问题 |
[22:18] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的国务卿 |
[22:20] | We’re very excited about the policy initiatives | 我们对我们在联合国大会上讨论的 |
[22:22] | that we’re working on at the U.N. General Assembly this week. | 政治措施感到非常兴奋 |
[22:25] | Global education standards. Mm-hmm. | 全球教育标准 |
[22:27] | Preserving marine biodiversity. | 保护海洋物种多样性 |
[22:29] | New research into global food security… | 针对全球食品安全的新研究 |
[22:31] | What-What’s going on with China and the free speech resolution? | 中国及其自由言论决议呢 |
[22:35] | Yeah. We are disappointed by the setback that we’re having there. | 我们对该方面的挫折感到沮丧 |
[22:38] | Yeah. I remain optim… | 但我对此还是很乐… |
[22:39] | I’m sure that the, uh, recent death | 我相信东帝汶副部长助理 |
[22:40] | of the assistant vice minister of Timor-Leste, Rogerio Bento, | 罗杰里奥·本托 |
[22:44] | was a complicating factor on the first day of the UNGA? | 的死让联合国大会的首日十分复杂吧 |
[22:50] | I think Mr. Bento’s death is more a tragedy… | 我想本托先生的死更是一个悲剧 |
[22:53] | You were in the room with him when this tragedy occurred. | 这个悲剧发生的时候您和他在同一个房间 |
[22:55] | – Is that right? – Yes. | -是不是 -是的 |
[22:56] | And so, of course, now there’s no avoiding | 当然 现在我们可以聊一聊 |
[22:59] | talking about this shocking rumor | 这传遍社交媒体的 |
[23:01] | that’s taken hold of social media | 令人震惊的传闻 |
[23:03] | and is being reported on several Web-based news outlets | 有许多家网络新闻机构 |
[23:07] | that you were somehow responsible for his death. | 都报道您对他的死亡负有责任 |
[23:11] | Seriously, you’re going there? | 真的吗 你想谈这件事 |
[23:12] | I’m just giving you a chance to explain yourself. | 我只是给您一个机会辩解 |
[23:16] | These Web-based news outlets | 你提到的这些这些网络新闻机构 |
[23:18] | to which you refer, as you know, are little more than blogs | 比散播阴谋论的博客 |
[23:22] | written by known perpetuators of conspiracy theories… | 好不了多少 |
[23:24] | Okay. Okay, even so, | 好吧 即使这样 |
[23:26] | this claim has gained more credence | 这一消息在亚利桑那州参议院 |
[23:28] | just moments a ago when Arizona Senator Carlos Morejon | 卡洛斯·莫雷洪刚刚在一个 |
[23:31] | spoke out about it at a press conference. | 新闻发布会上的讲话中得到了支持 |
[23:34] | Let’s watch. | 我们来看看 |
[23:35] | I, along with everyone else, | 我和在座的所有人 |
[23:37] | am shocked and alarmed at these accusations | 都对这一指控感到相当惊讶 |
[23:37] | 突发新闻 ……将进行国会调查 | |
[23:39] | concerning Secretary McCord’s involvement | 因为国务卿麦考德与 |
[23:41] | in Mr. Bento’s death. | 本托先生的死有关 |
[23:43] | I can assure you congressional inquiries will be made, | 我向你们保证将会对此进行国会调查 |
[23:45] | and if there’s even a whiff of truth, | 即使这事有一点点真实性 |
[23:48] | I will demand the immediate removal | 我也将要求国务卿麦考德 |
[23:50] | of Secretary McCord from her post. | 立即辞职 |
[23:53] | You think the secretary is guilty of murder? | 你认为国务卿是凶手吗 |
[23:55] | Those are your words, not mine. | 这是你说的 我可没说 |
[23:59] | I’m leaving it to the FBI | 接下来联调局将进行发言 |
[24:00] | to see if charges should be brought against her. | 来决定该指控是否会实施 |
[24:06] | Care to comment? | 您有什么想说的 |
[24:07] | I… I wouldn’t know where to begin. | 我… 我不知道从何说起 |
[24:10] | – Senator Morejon says it doesn’t… – But maybe with the fact | -莫雷洪参议员说不是… -但这明明 |
[24:12] | that this is obvious crackpot theorizing, | 是不切实际的谣传 |
[24:15] | which quite possibly is | 并很有可能 |
[24:16] | the work of a disinformation campaign by a foreign power. | 是外国势力操纵的虚假情报机构的行为 |
[24:20] | You mean, say, China… | 你是说 比如中国吗 |
[24:21] | What Senator Morejon is doing | 莫雷洪参议员支持 |
[24:23] | by legitimizing this baseless story– | 这一莫须有的罪名 |
[24:25] | it’s not just immoral and unethical. | 不仅是不道德的 |
[24:28] | It undermines the stability of democratic government. | 还会削弱民主政府的稳定性 |
[24:31] | That’s an overstatement. | 这言过其实了 |
[24:32] | Reliable information is | 可靠的信息 |
[24:34] | the bedrock of any institution, be it science, | 是任何机构的基石 无论是科学 |
[24:37] | government or private enterprise. | 政府还是私人企业 |
[24:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[24:39] | If citizens can’t tell the difference | 如果公民无法辨别 |
[24:41] | between fact and fiction, | 事实和虚构 |
[24:43] | then the entire project of civilization turns to dust. | 那么文明就一文不值 |
[24:46] | Yeah, not to put too fine a point on it. | 还是不要上纲上线的好 |
[24:48] | You find this amusing, Marty? | 你觉得这很好笑吗 马蒂 |
[24:49] | Hey, no, not at all, but it is no secret | 完全没有 但莫雷洪参议员 |
[24:52] | that Senator Morejon is no fan of yours, | 不喜欢你和道尔顿总统并不是个秘密 |
[24:54] | or President Dalton, so he is entirely… | 所以他完全… |
[24:56] | So as an elected member of Congress, he’s within his right | 作为一名被选举出的国会成员 |
[24:58] | to do whatever he can to block the executive agenda. | 他有权反对执政议程 |
[25:00] | Absolutely. | 没错 |
[25:01] | But by bringing legitimacy | 但他支持这一针对我的 |
[25:03] | to a ridiculous murder claim against me, | 毫无理由的谋杀指控 |
[25:05] | he’s using the tactics not just of dirty politics | 他使用的并不仅仅是肮脏的政治策略 |
[25:08] | but of warfare. | 更是战争策略 |
[25:09] | I don’t think so. Because it’s dictatorial. | 我不同意 因为这是独裁 |
[25:11] | It’s autocratic. | 是专制 |
[25:13] | And it’s un-American. | 是与美国精神背道而驰的 |
[25:14] | I think the senator would say he’s just trying… | 我认为参议员会说他只是… |
[25:16] | Furthermore, a mainstream media outlet | 而且 一个主流媒体 |
[25:18] | ought to have a better understanding | 应该更加明白 |
[25:20] | of its responsibility to the public, | 自己对公众的责任 |
[25:22] | and refuse to signal-boost these kinds of outright lies. | 不应该暗示这种明显的谎言 |
[25:25] | – You are in no… – Really. | -你无权… -真的 |
[25:27] | You ought to know better. | 你应该更清楚 |
[25:30] | Well, you guys are gonna have a busy night. | 你们今晚有的忙了 |
[25:34] | Sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[25:35] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这是正确的事 |
[25:36] | Honor to clean up your mess, ma’am. | 很荣幸为您料理残局 国务卿 |
[25:38] | For the moment, we’ll just stand by your statement | 目前 我们将支持您的说法 |
[25:40] | and monitor the situation. | 并观察形势 |
[25:42] | Oh. Ma’am, this doesn’t look good. | 国务卿 这看起来不太好 |
[25:47] | Murderer! Murderer! | 凶手 凶手 |
[25:50] | Murderer! Murderer! Murderer! | 凶手 凶手 凶手 |
[25:51] | …… | 中情局国务卿 调查谋杀门 麦考德撒谎 |
[26:02] | I believe that’s Mr. Jackson’s knock, ma’am. | 我想是杰克逊先生在敲门 国务卿 |
[26:04] | And his angry knock, at that. | 而且是生气地敲门 |
[26:07] | What in the name of all that is holy were you thinking?! | 你他妈的想什么呢 |
[26:10] | Good ear, ma’am. | 您耳朵真尖 国务卿 |
[26:11] | What? | 什么 |
[26:11] | Nothing. Coffee, Russell? | 没什么 喝咖啡吗 拉塞尔 |
[26:13] | Or a sedative of some kind? | 还是来点镇定剂 |
[26:16] | An overnight snap poll indicates | 昨晚的实施调查显示 |
[26:18] | that 22% of Americans believe you’re guilty of murder. | 百分之二十二的美国人相信你是凶手 |
[26:22] | Well, that’s not so bad, considering…. | 听起来还行嘛 毕竟… |
[26:24] | Before your little outburst on Marty Hawk’s show, | 但你在马蒂·霍克秀上大放厥词之前 |
[26:27] | that same poll was at 17%. | 还只有百分之十七 |
[26:30] | Because you seemed to forget | 因为你好像忘了 |
[26:32] | that when something crazy hits the news cycle, | 每当新闻上出现什么奇闻 |
[26:35] | your job is to lie low until it churns past! | 你只需负责保持低调直到风头过去 |
[26:39] | But no, you thought | 但你却并不这样做 你却觉得 |
[26:40] | you’d try putting some kerosene on the crazy, | 你应该在这火上再浇一桶油 |
[26:43] | and now it’s a veritable bonfire of what the hell! | 现在这事已经愈演愈烈了 |
[26:45] | I couldn’t just sit there | 我不能眼睁睁地看着 |
[26:46] | and let fake news control the narrative. | 假消息满天飞却置之不理 |
[26:48] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[26:49] | Well, here’s the problem with | 可是我们的黄金创意 |
[26:51] | our golden brainchild, free speech– | 自由言论决议就遇上大麻烦了 |
[26:53] | which I love as much as the next guy. | 我非常看重这件事 |
[26:56] | In the age of the Internet, | 在互联网时代 |
[26:57] | it means a lot of nutjobs reach just as wide an audience | 有很多疯狂的人能够触及到像国务卿 |
[27:01] | as the Secretary of State. | 一样多的听众 |
[27:03] | And you throwing patriotic temper tantrums | 而你在直播中发的这一通爱国脾气 |
[27:06] | on live TV isn’t doing you any favors. | 对你并没有任何的好处 |
[27:09] | Neither is sitting there mute after she’s been ambushed | 当一些披着代表合法外衣的记者攻击她时 |
[27:12] | by someone pretending to represent legitimate journalism. | 如果只是干坐着不回应也不会对她有什么好处 |
[27:17] | Instead of throwing your own tantrum | 你与其在这乱发脾气 |
[27:21] | and blaming the victim for this latest tool of terrorism, | 指责这次恐怖主义工具的受害者 |
[27:24] | why don’t you grow a spine and do something about it?! | 你为什么不奋起反击 做点什么呢 |
[27:35] | Let’s put a pin in that. | 这件事先这样 |
[27:39] | May I remind both of you | 我提醒两位一下 |
[27:42] | that the Washington press is well aware | 华盛顿的各家媒体非常清楚 |
[27:44] | of the Secretary’s crucial role in the President’s cabinet, | 国务卿在总统内阁中的重要地位 |
[27:47] | and they link her success and credibility to his. | 他们认为国务卿和总统是荣辱与共的 |
[27:52] | If America is even entertaining the idea that she is a murderer, | 即使美国人民把她是凶手这件事当做闲谈 |
[27:58] | that means his legislative agenda, | 那也会意味着总统的立法议程 |
[27:59] | his foreign policy agenda, | 他的对外政策议程 |
[28:01] | even his legacy are all at risk. | 甚至他的名声都岌岌可危 |
[28:06] | We will handle this | 我们会把这件事当做 |
[28:07] | at the top. | 最要紧的来处理 |
[28:09] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[28:11] | I am respectfully requesting that you refrain from comment. | 我恳请你在发表言论的时候克制一些 |
[28:17] | By which I mean, put a sock in it! | 换句话说 最好闭嘴 |
[28:22] | Forget about it, Nadine. We’re all upset. | 算了 纳丁 我们都很生气 |
[28:24] | I’m not apologizing, Russell! | 我没有向你道歉 拉塞尔 |
[28:27] | I apologize, ma’am. | 抱歉 国务卿 |
[28:29] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:31] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[28:39] | To quote Judge Louis Brandeis, | 路易斯·布兰代斯法官说过 |
[28:42] | sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants. | 阳光是最好的消毒剂 |
[28:47] | The only way we can possibly fight this rumor | 我们想要攻破这个谣言的唯一办法 |
[28:51] | is with the truth. | 就是真相 |
[28:54] | I’ve had a text from Jay. | 我收到了杰伊的短信 |
[28:55] | He’s found Mrs. Bento, and she’s willing to talk. | 他找到了本托夫人 她愿意跟我们谈 |
[29:03] | Dr. McCord, | 麦考德博士 |
[29:04] | I want to thank you for the opportunity | 我想谢谢你给我哥哥的 |
[29:06] | you have given my brother. | 这个机会 |
[29:08] | It’s good to see him so happy. | 很高兴见到他这么开心 |
[29:11] | I’m glad we could work it out. | 我也很高兴我们做到了 |
[29:13] | So, you continue with your covers: | 你继续你的伪装 |
[29:16] | Alexander Mehranov, his sister Dina. | 亚历山大·米拉诺夫 他的妹妹迪娜 |
[29:18] | Alexander will continue to work in I.T. | 亚历山大会继续在IT行业工作 |
[29:22] | If the Russians discover you’re working with | 如果俄罗斯发现了你跟 |
[29:24] | the Special Activities Division, | 特别活动科在合作 |
[29:27] | they will be even more motivated | 他们会坚决地 |
[29:29] | to keep you from intelligence work. | 阻止你从事情报工作 |
[29:31] | And they will use every covert means available to them | 而且他们会用尽一切秘密的方法 |
[29:34] | to stop it. | 来阻止你 |
[29:37] | You need to be vigilant. | 你要很警觉 |
[29:40] | And keep a very low profile. | 而且很低调 |
[29:42] | We know how to do that, Dr. McCord. | 我们知道该怎么做 麦考德博士 |
[29:46] | You have a lot to prove to the bosses. | 你要很努力才能让得到领导的信任 |
[29:50] | And so do I. | 我也是 |
[29:55] | I won’t let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[29:57] | I don’t know much of anything, ma’am. | 我知道的不多 国务卿 |
[30:00] | Rogerio kept me in the dark regarding his work. | 罗杰里奥工作上的事一直不让我知道 |
[30:05] | I do know he was under a great deal | 但我知道他努力想要保护的 |
[30:07] | of strain after the islands | 那些岛屿被卖给了 |
[30:10] | he fought so hard to protect | 匿名卖家后 |
[30:12] | were sold off anyway to anonymous buyers. | 他就处于非常紧张状态之中 |
[30:16] | This only added to the emotional distress | 在经历了丧女之痛后 |
[30:20] | we both were feeling after the loss of our daughter. | 这更增加了他的抑郁 |
[30:23] | I don’t know if you’re aware. | 我不知道您是否知道 |
[30:25] | She died of a cocaine overdose six months ago. | 她半年前死于过量吸食可卡因 |
[30:29] | President Da Silva told me that it was a car accident. | 达·席尔瓦总统跟我说是因为车祸 |
[30:33] | Maybe he told you that to protect us. | 可能他这么说是想保护我们 |
[30:36] | He was always looking out for us. | 他一直非常照顾我们 |
[30:39] | After Rogerio died, he called me immediately | 罗杰里奥死后 他立刻联系了我 |
[30:42] | and told me I was no longer safe in Timor-Leste. | 并告诉我我在东帝汶已经不安全了 |
[30:46] | He said he could use his connections | 他说他会利用他在 |
[30:48] | in the Australian government to ensure | 澳大利亚政府中的关系 |
[30:50] | our immigration process was a smooth one. | 来让我们顺利移民 |
[30:53] | W-Why weren’t you safe there? | 你在那为什么不安全了 |
[30:55] | He didn’t say, and I didn’t ask. | 他没说 我也没问 |
[30:59] | I trust him. | 我相信他 |
[31:01] | He is such a good friend to us. | 他是我们的好朋友 |
[31:09] | Thank you for speaking with me, Mrs. Bento. | 谢谢你跟我谈话 本托夫人 |
[31:11] | I really appreciate your time. | 非常感谢 |
[31:13] | Again, my deepest sympathies. | 再次表达我最深切的同情 |
[31:16] | Good-bye, ma’am. | 再见 国务卿 |
[31:18] | Well, that’s interesting. | 有意思了 |
[31:21] | Why would Da Silva lie to me? | 达·席尔瓦为什么要骗我呢 |
[31:23] | Especially when he knows you could kill him | 尤其他知道你可以用鸡尾酒杯 |
[31:25] | with a cocktail glass. | 杀了他 |
[31:26] | That’s the latest rumor. | 这是最新的传言 |
[31:27] | So not funny yet. | 别拿这开玩笑 |
[31:28] | Ma’am, Dr. Adams. | 国务卿 亚当斯博士来了 |
[31:31] | Hey, killer. | 你好 凶手 |
[31:33] | You all lawyered up? | 找好律师了吗 |
[31:35] | That’s hilarious. | 真好笑 |
[31:36] | Why’s it funny when he does it? | 为什么他这么说就好笑了 |
[31:37] | It’s not. | 不好笑 |
[31:38] | Something tells me you’re not here | 我觉得你来这不是为了 |
[31:39] | just to make orange jumpsuit jokes. | 开我是凶手的玩笑 |
[31:42] | I have the final results of Bento’s blood test. | 我拿到了本托血液化验的最终报告 |
[31:47] | No, go ahead. Everybody’s been read in. | 没事 说吧 这里的人都可靠 |
[31:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:51] | The exact compound in his blood was dimethyl tetrasulfide-5. | 他血液中的确切化合物是二甲基四硫化物 |
[31:56] | Very rare, very toxic chemical. | 很少见 有剧毒的化学品 |
[31:59] | According to my friend in the lab, | 据我实验室的朋友说 |
[32:00] | there are only two bad actors known to use | 只有两个惯犯知道 |
[32:03] | this particular compound for homicide. | 如何利用这种化合物来杀人 |
[32:04] | Only the Russians, as far as I know. | 据我所知 只有俄罗斯人会用 |
[32:06] | And the Colima Cartel. | 还有科利马集团 |
[32:09] | an up-and-coming Mexican drug organization. | 一个蒸蒸日上的墨西哥贩毒集团 |
[32:12] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[32:13] | How are they connected to Timor-Leste? | 他们跟东帝汶有什么关系 |
[32:14] | Mrs. Bento said | 本托夫人说过 |
[32:16] | her daughter died of a cocaine overdose. | 她的女儿是因为吸食过量可卡因而死的 |
[32:19] | It’s possible to find that | 东南亚沿海会有 |
[32:20] | in Maritime Southeast Asia, but it’s rare. | 可卡因 但是很少 |
[32:23] | She’s right. The coca plant doesn’t grow in that region. | 她说得对 古柯植物不生长在那个地区 |
[32:25] | It can only be produced in the Western Hemisphere, | 只能在西半球加工 |
[32:27] | which means it’s in high demand in Asian markets. | 也就是说在亚洲市场是抢手货 |
[32:29] | W-What if the Colima Cartel were looking to break in? | 会不会是科利马集团想要打入市场呢 |
[32:33] | They’d want a small, offshore sovereign nation | 他们应该会想要一个小型的 海上主权国家 |
[32:36] | to use as a convenient port. | 来作为他们便捷的港口 |
[32:37] | A country that was poor | 一个非常贫穷 |
[32:39] | and susceptible to corruption would be ideal. | 容易腐败的国家就很合适 |
[32:41] | They could have muscled the President | 他们可以逼迫东帝汶的总统 |
[32:42] | of Timor-Leste into selling them a small island, | 卖给他们一个小岛 |
[32:44] | using a dummy corporation to hide their involvement. | 然后用一个挂名公司来隐藏他们的勾当 |
[32:46] | If that’s the case, then the Colima Cartel | 如果真是这样 那么科利马集团 |
[32:48] | has become so powerful that they could murder | 会变得非常强大 可以在 |
[32:49] | a diplomatic official inside the U.N. | 联合国内杀死一名外交官 |
[32:52] | and silence President Da Silva. | 并且让达·席尔瓦总统沉默不语 |
[32:54] | Then they have infiltrated the government | 也就是说他们已经渗透到了政府的 |
[32:55] | at the highest level. | 最高级别 |
[32:56] | Little Timor-Leste is at risk of becoming a narco state. | 小小的东帝汶有成为毒品国家的危险 |
[32:59] | And the cartel is driving the fake news story | 这个集团捏造虚假的新闻报道 |
[33:01] | to discredit anything that I might have heard from Bento. | 来使本托想要跟我说的事都不可信 |
[33:05] | You’re in their crosshairs, ma’am. | 你成了他们的目标 国务卿 |
[33:06] | We have to get on top of this before… | 我们要紧急处理这事 以免他们 |
[33:08] | Before they get more creative? | 以免他们有新动作 |
[33:11] | It would be almost impossible | 他们几乎不可能 |
[33:13] | for them to get past your detail. | 打败你的安保人员 |
[33:15] | I’m sure you’re in no in real danger. It’s just… | 我相信你并没有实际危险 可是 |
[33:17] | That they killed a guy right in front of me at the U.N., | 他们在联合国当着我的面杀死了一个人 |
[33:19] | and who knows what else they could do? | 谁知道他们还会干出什么事来 |
[33:23] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[33:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[33:34] | I know why Mr. Bento was so eager to see me. | 我知道本托先生为什么那么急着要见我 |
[33:38] | It was a last-ditch effort to get the word out | 他是要用最后一口气说出真相 |
[33:40] | that the Colima Cartel had taken over the government of Timor-Leste. | 科利马集团已经掌控了东帝汶政府 |
[33:44] | I assure you, this is not the case. | 我向你保证 不是这样的 |
[33:45] | And that they had gone so far | 他们为了达到这一步 |
[33:48] | as to purchase entire islands to set up shop. | 愿意买下整个岛来做中间站 |
[33:52] | We’ve connected the dots, Mr. President. | 我们把前因后果都联系了起来 总统先生 |
[33:55] | It’s useless to deny it. | 没有必要再否认了 |
[33:58] | Rogerio was a good man. | 罗杰里奥是个好人 |
[34:01] | And you were his friend. | 而你是他的朋友 |
[34:03] | The way that you took care of his family | 在他的家人处于危险时 |
[34:05] | when they were in danger tells me who you are. | 你所做的事说明了你的为人 |
[34:11] | And I know that you want your country | 而且我也知道你希望你的国家 |
[34:13] | to be a sovereign nation again. | 能够再次成为主权国家 |
[34:17] | Why don’t you let us help you? | 为什么不让我们来帮你呢 |
[34:23] | I resisted them for a long time. | 我拒绝了他们很长时间 |
[34:28] | But the cartels have become too rich with money and guns | 可是那个集团有太多的钱和武器 |
[34:32] | for us to even fight back. | 我们根本无法反抗 |
[34:35] | They have taken our nation by force. | 他们用武力占据了我们的国家 |
[34:38] | Threatening our lives and family. | 威胁我们家人的生命 |
[34:42] | Rogerio was stronger than I. | 罗杰里奥比我强大 |
[34:45] | He fought to the end. | 他抗争到底了 |
[34:46] | That’s why he was killed. | 所以他才被害 |
[34:49] | He was willing to die for his country, and I was not. | 他愿意以身殉国 而我却没有 |
[34:57] | It’s not too late. | 现在也不晚 |
[35:01] | You can use his sacrifice to turn this around. | 你可以利用他的牺牲扭转局势 |
[35:06] | You speak out publicly against the Cartel, | 你在讲话中公开反对科利马基团 |
[35:09] | bring these killers to justice, | 让凶手们受到制裁 |
[35:11] | and you will have the full backing of the United States. | 美国会全力支持你 |
[35:14] | You have my word on that. | 我保证 |
[35:15] | Your government has been trying to root out | 你们的政府几十年来 |
[35:18] | the cartels in Mexico for decades, | 一直致力于将科利马基团从墨西哥铲除掉 |
[35:20] | and Colombia before that. | 以前在哥伦比亚也是一样 |
[35:21] | Yes, but in those cases, | 是的 但在这两个国家 |
[35:24] | we didn’t have China on our side. | 中国并没有站在我们一边 |
[35:26] | If we can get them on board, | 如果我们能得到中国的帮助 |
[35:27] | I believe that we can give you back your country. | 我相信我们可以做得到 |
[35:32] | And Ana and her sons can return home. | 安娜和她的儿子们可以回家 |
[35:35] | 你可以看着罗杰里奥的儿子长大 And you can watch Rog茅rio’s sons grow up | |
[35:37] | and be a second father to them. | 做他们的第二个爸爸 |
[35:39] | Remind them of who he was. | 提醒他们 他们的父亲是多么伟大 |
[35:43] | I would give anything for that. | 这是我的全部追求 |
[35:46] | Then work with me. | 那就和我合作吧 |
[35:51] | Thank you for agreeing to meet with me. | 谢谢您同意见我 |
[35:53] | I know we haven’t been on the best of terms lately. | 我知道我们最近意见不太一致 |
[35:57] | What with you standing me up and all. | 因为你放我鸽子 |
[35:58] | What with you pulling out of the free speech resolution and all. | 那是因为你退出自由言论决议 |
[36:01] | But fun as it is, we’re gonna have to skip this part. | 但有意思的是 我们得将所有这些抛在脑后 |
[36:05] | The situation in Timor-Leste | 因为东帝汶的局势 |
[36:06] | requires your immediate attention. | 需要您立即关注 |
[36:09] | Now, I know that China has no interest | 现在 我知道中国无意 |
[36:11] | in an expanded presence of illegal drugs. | 让非法毒品肆虐 |
[36:13] | But I also think you turn a blind eye | 但我也觉得您对中国公司向国外 |
[36:17] | when your chemical companies sell MDMA and meth precursors | 贩卖摇头丸甲安非他命的行为 |
[36:21] | to countries abroad. | 置之不理 |
[36:22] | Does this have something to do with your troubles in the news? | 这与您面临的舆论有关吗 |
[36:25] | This has something to do with everyone’s troubles in the news. | 这和所有人都面临的舆论困境有关 |
[36:30] | Oh, now, look. See? | 看 看到了吗 |
[36:32] | This is what I was hoping wouldn’t happen. | 这就是我不希望看到的局面 |
[36:35] | Now you’re in my story. | 现在你也被牵涉进来了 |
[36:37] | How’s that? | 为什么 |
[36:39] | Foreign Minister Chen has secret meeting | 中国外交部陈部长和伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[36:41] | with Elizabeth McCord following the death of Rogerio Bento? | 在罗杰里奥·本托死后秘密见面 |
[36:45] | You set me up. | 你给我下套 |
[36:46] | No, I-I didn’t need to. | 不 我根本不需要 |
[36:49] | This is what we’re all facing | 如果我们不与 |
[36:51] | if we don’t fight back against bad actors | 操纵媒体的坏人对抗 |
[36:53] | weaponizing the news. | 这将是我们所有人的麻烦 |
[36:56] | The Colima Cartel is manipulating this narrative. | 是科利马基团在背后捣鬼 |
[36:59] | Right now, they’re focused on me. | 现在 他们针对我 |
[37:02] | Tomorrow, could be you. | 明天 他们针对的就可能是你 |
[37:05] | As you know, | 你知道的 |
[37:05] | we have safeguards against that kind of thing in China. | 我们中国对这种做法有防备 |
[37:08] | Perhaps you are seeing the upside of it now. | 也许你现在看到了这么做的优势 |
[37:10] | Eh, we’re kind of married to the idea of free press, thanks. | 我们不可能侵犯媒体自由 |
[37:14] | But even your regulations won’t stop some guy in Macedonia | 但即使是你的规定也无法停止马其顿 |
[37:18] | being paid to manufacture clickbait. No. | 收钱制造假新闻 不 |
[37:20] | We are all going to lose this battle | 如果我们不联合起来呼吁 |
[37:23] | if we don’t stand together and call it out. | 就会失掉这场战争 |
[37:26] | Just as you’re going to lose the battle | 就好像如果你现在不采取措施 |
[37:28] | against an epidemic of cocaine and heroin addiction | 遏制可卡因瘾和海洛因瘾的迅速传播 |
[37:31] | if you don’t get ahead of it now. | 你也会输掉这场战争 |
[37:33] | Perhaps you’d rather talk about this in another location? | 咱们能不能换个地方谈这事 |
[37:36] | I have nothing to hide. | 我没什么可隐瞒的 |
[37:38] | Do you, Minister Chen? | 你呢 陈部长 |
[37:41] | Certainly not. | 当然没有 |
[37:43] | Well, then we’re fine. | 那就没事了 |
[37:44] | Madam Secretary, what do you have to say about | 国务卿 您对谋杀指控 |
[37:46] | the murder charges? | 有什么想说的 |
[37:47] | What is the purpose of this meeting? | 这次会面的目的是什么 |
[37:49] | Minister Chen, did you know the deceased? | 陈部长 你认识受害者吗 |
[38:01] | Did you find any? | 找到了吗 |
[38:03] | 找到了 但我要去的地方太危险 | |
[38:04] | Talia, English! | 塔莉娅 说英语 |
[38:06] | Also, it was very expensive. | 而且 这很贵 |
[38:09] | You know, there are other ways to treat your injuries. | 治疗你的伤肯定还有其他方法 |
[38:12] | Dr. McCord found me a good doctor. | 麦考德博士给我找了个医生 |
[38:14] | He could do the same for you. | 他也能帮你找一个 |
[38:15] | I will be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[38:17] | Didn’t they ask you about drugs on your polygraph test? | 他们测谎时问你毒品的事了吗 |
[38:20] | Russian military taught me how to beat a polygraph test | 我十七岁起 俄罗斯军方就教我 |
[38:22] | since I was 17. | 怎么应付测谎 |
[38:23] | If you’re like this without your pills for one day, | 你一天没吃药就成了这个样子 |
[38:25] | what will happen when you’re working | 你工作时 |
[38:27] | and you don’t have them for a week? | 如果一周不能吃药可怎么办 |
[38:30] | Dr. McCord has done so much for us. | 麦考德博士为我们做了这么多 |
[38:33] | He’s depending on you. | 他就指望你了 |
[38:34] | Don’t lecture me! | 别对我说教 |
[38:35] | I’ve taken care of everything this far, haven’t I?! | 我到现在一直处理得不错 不是吗 |
[38:41] | Look, you have to trust me. | 你必须相信我 |
[38:44] | I know what I’m doing! | 我知道我在做什么 |
[38:48] | A dramatic scene | 今晚在太平洋小国东帝汶 |
[38:49] | in the small Pacific nation of Timor-Leste this evening, | 发生了戏剧性的一幕 |
[38:51] | as DEA agents took custody of Enrique Villareal, | 药监局拘留了恩里克·维拉利尔 |
[38:54] | a high-ranking member of the notorious Colima Cartel. | 是臭名昭著的科利马集团的一名高级成员 |
[38:58] | According to DEA officials, the Mexico-based cartel | 药监局官员称 这个墨西哥的垄断集团 |
[39:00] | has been using Timor-Leste | 一直将东帝汶 |
[39:02] | as a staging point for drug-smuggling operations… | 作为其走私药品的站点 |
[39:04] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[39:07] | This arrest comes as part of a major… | 这次逮捕是一个大型… |
[39:09] | I want to be asleep. | 我想睡觉 |
[39:11] | DEA made quick work of the Colima Cartel. | 药监局迅速除掉了科利马垄断集团 |
[39:13] | What’d you do, threaten them with a cocktail glass? | 你是怎么做到的 用鸡尾酒杯威胁他们吗 |
[39:17] | No. | 不是 |
[39:19] | I threatened Minister Chen with the nightmare | 我给陈部长描绘了一幅 |
[39:21] | of what China would look like if heroin and cocaine become | 海洛因和可卡因在中国横行的图景 |
[39:26] | as much of an epidemic in his country as it is in mine. | 就好像我们国家那样 |
[39:30] | He likes when I play into their superiority. | 他喜欢我恭维他 |
[39:34] | And as Kissinger said, | 就像基辛格说的那样 |
[39:35] | it has the added benefit of being true. | 这增加了真诚的优势 |
[39:37] | So, here we are, | 所以 现在 |
[39:40] | in a brand-new news cycle. | 我们进入了一个全新的循环 |
[39:42] | Uh, not so fast. | 并没那么快 |
[39:44] | The latest snap poll has 12% of Americans | 最近的调查显示百分之十二的美国人 |
[39:47] | thinking you’re a murderer. | 认为你是凶手 |
[39:51] | Well, that’s half what it was. | 这已经是以前的一半了 |
[39:53] | So we’re moving in the right direction. | 这势头不错 |
[39:57] | Scary how fast everyone jumped aboard that train. | 谣言传播的速度之快真是吓人 |
[40:02] | Even scarier to think that a drug syndicate | 更吓人的是毒品财团 |
[40:05] | can use the power of fake news to rattle a country, | 会利用谣言的力量颠覆国家 |
[40:10] | convince them to lose faith in their government officials. | 让人民对他们的政府失去信心 |
[40:14] | The bad guys have a powerful new weapon. | 坏人有了一种强大的新武器 |
[40:17] | And we don’t know how to fight it. | 而我们并无应对之法 |
[40:21] | Figure that out, okay? | 好好想想怎么办 好吗 |
[40:23] | I’m working on it. | 我一直在想 |
[40:29] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[40:30] | No. Mm. | 不 |
[40:32] | You still interested in getting a hobby? | 你还想发展兴趣吗 |
[40:34] | This is not a hobby. | 这可不是兴趣 |
[40:37] | It is if you’re doing it right. | 你做好的话就是兴趣 |
[40:46] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 |
[40:47] | Chief Justice. | 首席大法官 |
[40:49] | I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in here before. | 我想我从没在这儿见过你 |
[40:50] | No, I’m not much of a power breakfast type. | 我不太爱吃活力早餐 |
[40:54] | Not that there’s anything wrong with that. | 倒不是活力早餐有什么不好 |
[40:56] | It’s just I’m more of a muffin on the fly type. | 我只是更喜欢边走边吃 |
[40:59] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[41:00] | There’s just somebody I needed to bump into. | 我是来见一个人的 |
[41:02] | Uh, yes, there is. | 没错 |
[41:04] | And I wouldn’t want to be | 我现在可不希望 |
[41:05] | Senator Morejon right now. | 自己是莫雷洪参议员 |
[41:15] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 |
[41:17] | Senator Morejon. | 莫雷洪参议员 |
[41:19] | What did you do, | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[41:19] | have the NSA track my whereabouts or something? | 让国安局的人跟踪我吗 |
[41:21] | You Instagrammed your breakfast. | 你把早餐发到了朋友圈 |
[41:23] | Those things have geo-tracking on them. | 就自动发出了你所处的位置 |
[41:25] | Something to keep in mind. | 这你得知道 |
[41:27] | I wanted to touch base now that | 我想告诉你 |
[41:28] | those responsible for Bento’s death have been found | 既然杀害本托的凶手已经找到 |
[41:31] | and you look a little foolish for buying into | 而你却盲目地相信网上的阴谋论 |
[41:34] | an Internet conspiracy. | 看起来有点蠢 |
[41:36] | I was just repeating a news item | 我只是在复述一个我的幕僚们 |
[41:37] | that one of my staffers read online. | 现在杀害本托的凶手已经找到 |
[41:39] | Foolishly. | 愚蠢地复述 |
[41:42] | You’re playing a more dangerous game than you know. | 你要知道 你这是在玩火 |
[41:44] | You played a pretty dangerous game yourself, | 你动用一切国内关系 |
[41:47] | pulling every democratic lever that you could | 来确保道尔顿连任 |
[41:48] | to get Dalton a second term. | 也是在玩火 |
[41:50] | There are still some powerful forces in American politics | 美国还有很多强大的政治势力憎恨他 |
[41:52] | who hate him for going rogue and leaving the party. | 因为他翻脸不认人 脱离党 |
[41:55] | And they hate you just as much | 而他们也同样恨你 |
[41:56] | for convincing him to do it. | 因为是你怂恿他这样做 |
[41:57] | He made his own decision, followed his conscience. | 这是他自己的决定 他的良心驱使他这样做 |
[42:00] | A novel approach you might want to look into sometime. | 这是一种新方法 也许你也可以学学 |
[42:05] | Well, here’s what I know already: | 我只知道 |
[42:08] | in this brave new world of scattered partisan media, | 在这个新媒体的美好新世界中 |
[42:14] | for any juicy news story | 寻找刺激的大新闻 |
[42:15] | and political plot twist that they can find, | 和政治大逆转 |
[42:18] | I believe I can chip away at Dalton’s approval ratings | 我相信我可以快速而有效地 |
[42:20] | quickly and efficiently. | 降低道尔顿的支持率 |
[42:23] | 12% of the American public | 国务卿 有百分之十二的美国民众 |
[42:25] | thinks that you’re a murderer, Madam Secretary. | 都相信你是杀人凶手 |
[42:31] | I can work with that. | 这就够了 |