时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Before we return to the mat for our next down dog, | 在回到垫子上做下犬式之前 |
[00:05] | let’s take a nice, juicy breath here in warrior two. | 先保持勇士二式 深呼吸 |
[00:12] | In the hustle and bustle of life, | 在忙碌喧嚣的生活中 |
[00:14] | it is so easy to forget what really matters, | 人们很容易忘记什么才是真正重要的 |
[00:17] | what’s essential. | 什么才是必不可少的 |
[00:19] | And nothing is more essential than breathing. | 而呼吸正是最不可或缺的 |
[00:22] | Shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[00:27] | Senator Morejon, if your colleagues | 莫雷洪参议员 如果您的同事 |
[00:29] | and President Dalton | 与道尔顿总统 |
[00:30] | can’t come to some agreement on the budget, | 无法就预算问题达成共识 |
[00:33] | there will be a partial shutdown of the federal government | 联邦政府将在几天之内 |
[00:35] | in a matter of days. | 面临局部关停 |
[00:37] | Tens of thousands of employees will be furloughed, | 成千上万员工将被迫停薪休假 |
[00:40] | and many important government services will be reduced | 许多重要的政府服务将被削减 |
[00:43] | or halted altogether. | 或彻底停摆 |
[00:44] | Tell us why that would be necessary, in your opinion. | 请您谈一谈您为什么认为必需这么做 |
[00:47] | Look, no one wants a shutdown, | 没有人愿意看到政府关停 |
[00:48] | least of all me, | 我最不愿看到 |
[00:50] | but the hard fact is, | 但事实很残酷 |
[00:51] | President Dalton is a spending addict. | 道尔顿总统挥霍成瘾 |
[00:53] | And, like any addict, he needs an intervention. | 与其他成瘾者一样 他需要有人介入 |
[00:55] | Shut up. | 你也闭嘴吧 |
[00:56] | Looks relaxing. | 你很放松嘛 |
[00:58] | I’m multitasking. Women are famous for it. | 我这是一心多用 女人最擅长这个了 |
[01:01] | How’s the meeting prep going? | 会面准备得怎么样了 |
[01:04] | I’m numbing my feelings with unhealthy substances. | 我正在用不健康物质麻痹神经 |
[01:06] | Men are famous for it. | 男人最擅长这个 |
[01:08] | Oh, that sounds like a lot more fun. | 你这个听起来有意思多了 |
[01:12] | You want to talk about it? | 要聊一聊这事吗 |
[01:13] | There’s no good way to spin it. | 根本没法掩盖过去 |
[01:14] | What am I gonna say? Hey, Director Haymond, | 我要怎么说 海蒙德局长 |
[01:17] | You know that Russian kid | 你知道我冒险带进来的 |
[01:17] | I stuck my neck out for? | 那个俄罗斯小子怎么着了吗 |
[01:19] | Turns out he’s got a drug problem. Whoops. | 他居然嗑药 真是太不巧了 |
[01:22] | On the other hand, Dmitri fooled a series | 换个角度想 迪米特里骗过了 |
[01:26] | of trained interrogators. | 那么多训练有素的审讯官 |
[01:29] | You can’t say he’s not a good spy. | 正说明他是个当间谍的好苗子 |
[01:31] | Haymond doesn’t strike me as | 海蒙德可不是什么 |
[01:32] | a “glass half full” kind of guy. | 乐天派 |
[01:34] | Well, he knows how messy intelligence work can be. | 他知道情报界水有多深 |
[01:37] | He’ll appreciate you taking it to him, | 你把事情原委告诉他 冷静地处理此事 |
[01:39] | handling it like a grown-up. | 他会理解的 |
[01:40] | That, or he’ll bounce Dmitri out of the Agency, | 他也可能直接把迪米特里踹出中情局 |
[01:42] | and me along with him. | 顺便捎上我 |
[01:43] | More time to spend with the kids. | 这样你就能多点时间陪陪孩子们了 |
[01:45] | You’re really looking at the bright side this morning, huh? | 你今天早上很积极向上啊 |
[01:49] | Well, it beats brooding over the fact that | 这个混蛋想拿我的部门开刀 |
[01:53] | this creep wants to gut my department. | 我很担心 |
[01:55] | Even if POTUS doesn’t let him, | 即使有总统阻止他 |
[01:57] | I’ll still probably have to furlough | 我估计还是得让 |
[01:58] | thousands of employees. | 数千名雇员停薪休假 |
[02:01] | Critical work all over the globe will go undone, | 全球有很多重要的事务会被迫中止 |
[02:04] | raising the likelihood of an otherwise preventable disaster | 本可以阻止的灾难 |
[02:08] | by, like, a thousand percent. | 风险指数上升十倍 |
[02:10] | Plus, I hate his dumb, stupid face. | 另外 我讨厌他那张又傻又蠢的脸 |
[02:13] | Well, at least you’re handling it like a grown-up. | 至少你还能保持冷静 |
[02:16] | Hang in there. | 坚持住 |
[02:17] | Yeah, you, too. I got to get dressed. | 你也是 我得去换衣服一下了 |
[02:19] | – Call me after, will you? – Yeah. | -结束了给我打电话 -好 |
[02:22] | Hey, that’s… | 喂 那是 |
[02:23] | We all have feelings we have to eat. | 我们都不能亏待了胃 |
[02:28] | I’m still gathering recommendations | 我还在从各个部门 处室 |
[02:29] | from all departments, desks, embassies and consulates | 大使馆 领事馆处收集名单 |
[02:32] | on nonessential personnel to be furloughed | 一旦关停 |
[02:35] | in the event of a shutdown. | 哪些非必要人员可停薪休假 |
[02:37] | That’s fun. | 这工作挺可不错 |
[02:38] | Oh, you have no idea. | 您根本想象不到 |
[02:40] | You know, all I can do is follow the guidelines | 我能做的就是 |
[02:43] | of the Office of Management and Budget, | 遵照行政管理与预算办公室的规定执行 |
[02:45] | but people here are acting like | 但大家都好像 |
[02:47] | I’m the great and powerful Oz. | 我有什么神奇的魔力似的 |
[02:49] | And I… Sorry. | 其实我 抱歉 |
[02:51] | I will have a final report to you shortly. | 我稍后就将最终报告交给您 |
[02:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:55] | Oh, also, I had to move Daisy’s baby shower | 对了 我把黛西的准妈妈派对 |
[02:58] | up to tomorrow. | 提前到明天了 |
[03:00] | That’s good– with the shutdown looming, | 可以 随时可能进入关停状态 |
[03:02] | I think it’s better sooner than later. | 这事宜早不宜迟 |
[03:04] | That’s what I thought. There’ll be cake, | 我也这么觉得 到时候会准备蛋糕 |
[03:06] | uh, champagne and sparkling cider. | 香槟 还有气泡酒 |
[03:09] | Oh, sparkling cider, | 气泡酒啊 |
[03:11] | the carob chips of beverages. | 酒水的最佳替代 |
[03:14] | Gifts? | 礼物呢 |
[03:15] | Uh, individual gifts are welcome, | 想单独送礼物的当然欢迎 |
[03:17] | but we are pitching in to get her a crib. | 但我们打算一起出钱送她个婴儿床 |
[03:19] | – I invite you to only $62. – Noted. | -您出62美元 -知道了 |
[03:23] | Hey, there’s not gonna be any baby games, are there? | 不会有宝宝派对游戏吧 |
[03:25] | No. You think Daisy likes games? | 没有 你觉得黛西喜欢做游戏吗 |
[03:28] | Deep down, it’s my conviction that nobody | 说真的 我觉得正常人 |
[03:30] | normal likes baby shower games. | 都不会喜欢宝宝派对游戏 |
[03:33] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like a good baby shower | 别误会 我和其他人一样 |
[03:35] | just like anybody else, but I just can’t stand | 喜欢准妈妈派对 我只是无法忍受 |
[03:37] | all the… frippery. | 那种 浮夸 |
[03:39] | Excellent word choice, Ma’am. | 这词很准确 国务卿 |
[03:41] | I thought so. | 我也觉得 |
[03:41] | – Good morning, Ma’am. – Good morning. | -早上好 国务卿 -早上好 |
[03:43] | Jay is in your office, | 杰伊在办公室等着 |
[03:44] | ready to brief you on the overnight developments. | 向您汇报昨晚的进展 |
[03:45] | Oh, good. | 好的 |
[03:47] | Oh, and regarding Daisy’s shower, | 关于黛西的准妈妈派对 |
[03:48] | I have some pretty lively recommendations for games | 我有一些特别好玩的游戏 |
[03:52] | – that I think would be… – She hates games. | -要推荐给 -她讨厌游戏 |
[03:54] | – Oh, uh… – We all do. | -这个 -我们都不喜欢游戏 |
[03:56] | – But… – I want to start | -可是 -我想先听听 |
[03:58] | with the riots at the refugee camp in Lebanon. | 黎巴嫩难民营的暴动事件 |
[04:01] | Regarding the 70-some-thousand Syrian refugees | 约有七万叙利亚难民 |
[04:02] | packed into this camp in the northern Bekaa Valley | 涌入北贝卡河谷的难民营 |
[04:05] | that’s designed for about half that number, | 这个人数是该难民营接纳量的两倍 |
[04:08] | tensions have been brewing, and last night they boiled over. | 那里局势一直很紧张 昨晚彻底爆发 |
[04:11] | – We have people on the ground there, right? – Yes, ma’am. | -那有我们的人吧 -是的 国务卿 |
[04:13] | There’s a team charged with bringing electricity | 有一个团队负责 |
[04:15] | to the camp, and they’re fine. | 为难民营供电 人员都安全 |
[04:16] | From what I’ve read, it sounds like | 据我所知 电力短缺 |
[04:18] | lack of electricity is what’s underlying most of the issues | 好像正是导致冲突的 |
[04:21] | that led to the riot. | 根源所在 |
[04:22] | The whole place runs on generators, | 整片区域都依靠发动机供电 |
[04:23] | and fuel is expensive, so it’s dark at night. | 燃料很昂贵 所以晚上是断电的 |
[04:26] | Then the criminals come out. | 没了光亮 坏人就出动了 |
[04:27] | Yeah, then the women are terrified to leave the tent | 没错 所以女人们都不敢走出帐篷 |
[04:30] | and go to the bathroom, which contributes | 不敢去卫生间 这就导致了 |
[04:32] | to unsafe sanitation practices, | 卫生问题 |
[04:34] | which leads to cholera. | 从而引发霍乱 |
[04:35] | Have they had an outbreak yet? | 有没有爆发霍乱 |
[04:36] | Not yet, but it’s a matter of time. | 还没有 但也只是时间问题 |
[04:38] | Thousands of people crammed into a camp | 成千上万的人涌入这个难民营 |
[04:40] | where not one feels secure. | 大家都毫无安全感 |
[04:41] | It’s… It’s a powder keg. | 这就像是个火药桶 |
[04:43] | So is Lebanon. | 整个黎巴嫩都是如此 |
[04:44] | If this camp melts down, | 一旦这个难民营崩溃 |
[04:46] | whether it’s due to disease outbreak | 无论是因为爆发疾病 |
[04:48] | or jihadis exploiting the people’s discontent, | 还是因为圣战组织利用民众的不满情绪 |
[04:51] | it wouldn’t take much for the whole country to blow up. | 那这个国家离崩溃也不远了 |
[04:54] | The last thing we need is | 我们最不愿意看到的就是 |
[04:55] | another civil war in the Middle East. | 中东爆发另一场内战 |
[04:57] | I want to talk to the project manager on the ground. | 我要跟驻扎在当地的项目经理谈谈 |
[04:59] | Let’s get those lights turned on. | 要保障供电 |
[05:00] | And don’t tell me that they’ll be furloughed | 别告诉我他们也在 |
[05:02] | if there’s a shutdown. | 停薪休假名单上 |
[05:03] | They are contractors, | 他们是承包商 |
[05:05] | and, under the guidelines, their activities | 根据规定 他们的行动 |
[05:08] | are considered nonessential. | 并非不可或缺的 |
[05:10] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[05:11] | Deadline for budget negotiations | 预算谈判的截止日期 |
[05:13] | is end of day tomorrow. | 是明天 |
[05:14] | After that, we’re most likely in shutdown mode. | 谈判结束后我们很有可能就进入关停状态 |
[05:17] | Well, then, we’d better work fast. | 那我们要加快动作了 |
[05:18] | So, what, exactly, do we do in there? | 我们到底要做些什么 |
[05:22] | Well, I take notes from Russell. | 我为拉塞尔做记录 |
[05:24] | You just sit quietly | 你就安静地坐着 |
[05:26] | until he or I need anything. | 我们有需要会找你 |
[05:27] | I can do that. | 这没问题 |
[05:28] | Also, pretend to take notes, | 你要假装在做记录 |
[05:30] | but really be watching Morejon and his staffers. | 暗中观察莫雷洪和他的团队成员 |
[05:32] | See how they’re reacting, write down your impressions. | 看他们的反应 记录你的观察 |
[05:35] | Russell might quiz you later. | 拉塞尔会后可能会来考你 |
[05:37] | Wait, what? Oh, man. | 什么 没搞错吧 |
[05:39] | Look, I get it. | 我理解你的感受 |
[05:41] | You’re in the room everybody in the country | 你身处全国人民 |
[05:42] | is talking about. | 都在关注的那件屋子 |
[05:43] | You want to do a good job. | 你想要好好表现 |
[05:44] | It’s nerve-racking. | 这确实让人很紧张 |
[05:46] | But your biggest asset in there is that | 但你最大的优势就是 |
[05:47] | nobody thinks you matter. | 没人在意你 |
[05:49] | Got it? | 懂了吗 |
[05:50] | That’s oddly reassuring. Thanks. | 你这安慰真有效果 谢谢 |
[05:52] | Good morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[05:53] | Please be seated. | 请坐 |
[05:58] | Let me start by saying that | 首先 我想说 |
[06:00] | as much as we may disagree, | 尽管我们的立场大不相同 |
[06:02] | we owe it to the American people | 但为了美国人民的利益 |
[06:04] | to negotiate in good faith. | 我们应秉持真诚的原则进行谈判 |
[06:06] | I’m hoping we can do that this morning. | 我希望今天早上我们能做到这一点 |
[06:09] | With that in mind, have you, uh, | 既然如此 |
[06:11] | had the opportunity to review our latest proposal? | 你看过我们最新的提议吗 |
[06:15] | We have indeed. | 我们确实看过了 |
[06:17] | A new auditing mechanism for the Pentagon? | 改革国防部的审计制度 |
[06:21] | Everyone in this room knows that | 这间屋子里的每个人都知道 |
[06:23] | that is a political non-starter. | 这是不可能实现的 |
[06:24] | They also know that if you really want | 他们还知道如果你真想 |
[06:26] | to achieve significant long-term savings, | 实现显著的长期节约 |
[06:28] | DOD’s the place to start. | 就应该从国防部下手 |
[06:30] | No-bid, cost-plus contracts for multibillion-dollar | 他们为了连将军们都没有要求的武器系统 |
[06:33] | weapons systems the generals aren’t even asking for? | 签订没有竞标 价值数十亿美元的合同 |
[06:37] | I mean, come on, members of your own caucus | 拜托 你自己政党会议里的人 |
[06:39] | have complained about this for years. | 都对此抱怨了多年 |
[06:41] | If we tackle this together, I’m confident | 如果我们一起处理这件事 我有信心 |
[06:43] | that we can get the deficit reductions you want | 我们能把赤字削减到你们想要的程度 |
[06:46] | and the clean continuing resolution I want. | 同时实现我主张的公平预算决议 |
[06:49] | With all due respect, Mr. President, | 无意冒犯 总统先生 |
[06:51] | I just don’t see much here to move the needle. | 我看不出这能对赤字产生什么积极影响 |
[06:54] | Well, Senator, | 好吧 参议员 |
[06:57] | for the sake of the American people, | 看在美国人民的份上 |
[06:58] | I would encourage you to look harder. | 我建议你再仔细点看看 |
[07:13] | I am not going to lie to you, Henry, | 坦白说 亨利 |
[07:14] | – this looks pretty bad.- And I take full responsibility. | -情况很糟糕 -我得负全责 |
[07:17] | You understand a breach of this kind is a firing offense. | 你知道这种程度的违规会让他面临解雇 |
[07:19] | I do. | 我知道 |
[07:21] | But Dmitri was honest with me, | 但是德米特里对我很诚实 |
[07:22] | and that speaks well of him… | 这也说明他 |
[07:25] | all things considered. | 做好了一切准备 |
[07:26] | And, obviously, | 很显然 |
[07:27] | he’s an invaluable resource | 他对我们的情报中心而言 |
[07:29] | to our intelligence community. | 是非常宝贵的资源 |
[07:30] | Arguably, he won a war for us. | 可以说 他为我们打赢了一场战争 |
[07:32] | And, as you know, | 如你所知 |
[07:33] | we’re trying to thwart Russia’s efforts in Afghanistan, | 我们正试图阻挠俄罗斯在阿富汗的行动 |
[07:35] | he’ll be an important player in that. | 他会在其中扮演重要角色 |
[07:38] | First we arm the mujahideen to fight the Russians, | 起初我们武装穆斯林游击队来打俄罗斯人 |
[07:41] | now the Russians are arming them to fight us. | 现在俄罗斯人武装他们来对抗我们 |
[07:44] | It’s a hell of a business we’re in. | 这事可真糟心 |
[07:46] | So, where’s Petrov now? | 彼得罗夫现在在哪 |
[07:47] | I ordered him to stay at home. | 我命令他待在家里 |
[07:49] | I’m having him call in sick | 我给他请了病假 |
[07:50] | until we figure out our next steps. | 直到我们想清楚下一步怎么办 |
[07:53] | Well, here’s the dirty little secret that no one | 我告诉你 间谍游戏里有个谁都不会 |
[07:55] | in the spy game wants to admit: | 承认的肮脏的秘密 |
[07:57] | this job takes a toll. | 这份工作是有代价的 |
[08:00] | You can ask any of my ex-wives. | 你可以问我任何一个前妻 |
[08:03] | We have contingencies for cases like Petrov’s. | 我们对彼得罗夫这样的事有应急措施 |
[08:07] | I can get him a bed in a facility | 我可以在这附近给他找个地方住 |
[08:08] | not far from here– very discreet. | 非常隐蔽且谨慎的地方 |
[08:11] | We’ll get him cleaned up and assess from there. | 我们会在那给他进行戒毒和评估 |
[08:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:14] | We’ll keep this between us. | 这件事只有你知我知 |
[08:16] | You just come up with some plausible reason | 你得想一些 |
[08:18] | he’ll have to be off the job for a few weeks. | 能让他离职几周的合理借口 |
[08:20] | – Will do. – But, Henry, | -我会的 -但是亨利 |
[08:23] | if Petrov’s issues come back to haunt us, | 如果彼得罗夫再出这个问题 |
[08:27] | i-if he compromises American security in any way… | 如果他以任何方式损害了美国的安全 |
[08:31] | It’s on me. | 把这些算在我头上 |
[08:34] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[08:37] | I’m not allowed to talk about it. | 根据规定我不能讲这件事 |
[08:38] | Of course not. Officially. | 官方立场上当然不能 |
[08:40] | But a heads-up among friends… | 但是朋友间的友情提醒 |
[08:43] | It’s mostly not even up to me. | 这件事大部分甚至不归我管 |
[08:45] | The OMB has set out strict guidelines… | 预算办公室设定了严格的准则 |
[08:47] | Mostly not up to you. | 大部分不归你管 |
[08:48] | Which means there’s a teeny bit that is up to you. | 意味着还有那么一点点是归你管的 |
[08:51] | I can work with that. | 对我来说这就够了 |
[08:53] | No, no, no! I don’t like lemon. | 别往里加 我不喜欢柠檬 |
[08:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:56] | Matt, Daisy, I am really sorry, | 马特 黛西 我真的很抱歉 |
[08:59] | but my hands are tied by these guidelines. | 但这些规则没给我留可操作的空间 |
[09:03] | The best thing that could happen for all of us– | 对我们所有人来说最好的事 |
[09:05] | and by us I mean the United States, | 我说的我们指的是美国 |
[09:09] | would be to avert this shutdown altogether. | 就是一起避免这次政府停摆 |
[09:12] | Yep, that’s what you say to somebody | 这就是你对一个马上要被 |
[09:14] | – who’s about to get furloughed. – Nadine… | -强制无薪休假的人说的话 -纳丁 |
[09:16] | there’s a personal call for you on CONVYD. | 有一通你的私人视频电话 |
[09:19] | Not a moment too soon. | 来得正是时候 |
[09:21] | Who is it? | 谁打来的 |
[09:22] | Your son, Roman. | 你的儿子 罗曼 |
[09:23] | Oh. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:26] | Wait, so Nadine and her son are talking again? | 等等 纳丁和她儿子又联系了吗 |
[09:28] | How should I know? | 我怎么会知道 |
[09:29] | Though I should probably call my mom, | 不过我也该给我妈打个电话了 |
[09:31] | ’cause I’m gonna have to move back in with her. | 因为我得搬回去跟她住了 |
[09:35] | – Hey, Mom. – Hi, Roman. Hello, Shindy. | -老妈 -罗曼 辛迪 |
[09:37] | Hi, Nadine. Well, | 你好 纳丁 |
[09:39] | this is a nice surprise… | 这可真是个惊喜 |
[09:40] | Well, speaking of surprises, | 说到惊喜 |
[09:42] | I’m glad you’re sitting down because… | 我很庆幸你坐下来了 因为 |
[09:46] | you’re gonna be a grandma! | 你马上要当奶奶了 |
[09:49] | Real… | 真的吗 |
[09:52] | that’s wonderful. | 这太棒了 |
[09:54] | Oh, God, Shindy, how far along are you? | 天呐 辛迪 你怀孕多久了 |
[09:57] | Four months. | 四个月 |
[09:58] | I’m just so happy for both of you. | 我真为你们感到开心 |
[10:01] | But, Mom, we were also calling | 但是妈妈 我们打电话是因为 |
[10:02] | because we actually need a little favor. | 我们需要一点帮助 |
[10:05] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[10:06] | So, what are the odds of getting the camp hooked up | 在两天内把营地接入黎巴嫩电网 |
[10:10] | to the Lebanese power grid in two days’ time? | 的几率有多大 |
[10:13] | Frankly, ma’am, not good at all. | 坦白讲 国务卿 几乎不可能 |
[10:16] | We’ve done our part. The camp is good to go. | 我们能做的都做了 营地运行的很好 |
[10:18] | But the Lebanese government didn’t calculate | 但是利黎巴嫩政府 |
[10:20] | the capacity issues correctly, | 计算电负荷有误 |
[10:21] | and their grid is overtaxed as it is. | 他们的电网负担过重 |
[10:24] | We’re trying to resolve the problem, | 我们正试图解决这个问题 |
[10:26] | but the bureaucracy here is | 但是这儿的官僚作风 |
[10:29] | fairly challenging. | 对我们的工作很有挑战 |
[10:30] | It’s a complete nightmare. | 这真是场噩梦 |
[10:32] | Well, I’ll speak to the Lebanese government | 我会在高层会晤上 |
[10:34] | at the highest level | 和黎巴嫩政府交涉 |
[10:35] | and see if I can’t get this straightened out for you. | 看看能不能为你解决这件事 |
[10:38] | I appreciate that, ma’am. | 我很感激 国务卿 |
[10:39] | My team and I are willing to stay | 我和我的团队愿意都留下 |
[10:40] | until the mission is complete. | 直到任务完成 |
[10:42] | Even if there is a shutdown in D.C. | 即便华盛顿的政府停摆 |
[10:43] | Well, that is noble of you, Valerie, | 瓦莱丽 你这样做十分可贵 |
[10:46] | but I don’t think that’ll be possible. | 但我认为这并不可行 |
[10:50] | Permission to speak freely, ma’am. | 我能说实话吗 国务卿 |
[10:52] | Go ahead. | 你说吧 |
[10:53] | I started out in the Army Corps of Engineers. | 我一开始在美国陆军工程兵团工作 |
[10:56] | Did tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. | 曾驻扎在阿富汗和伊朗 |
[10:58] | I noticed you received a commendation for your service. | 我知道你因为工作表现曾受到表彰 |
[11:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:00] | For building schools that stayed empty in Kandahar | 表彰我在坎大哈建了空无一人的学校 |
[11:03] | until they were blown up by the Taliban. | 直到它们被塔利班炸了 |
[11:05] | Clinics in Fallujah with no doctors | 表彰我在费卢杰建了没有医生的诊所 |
[11:08] | ’cause the money got siphoned off. | 因为钱都被侵吞了 |
[11:09] | I got into this line of work to help people, you know? | 我从事这份工作是为了帮助人们 你懂吗 |
[11:12] | You wouldn’t believe what the folks around here | 你不会相信这儿的人们 |
[11:14] | have been through. | 都经历了些什么 |
[11:15] | In terms of engineering, powering up this camp | 从工程的角度看 给这个营地供电 |
[11:18] | is complicated but completely feasible. | 虽然很复杂但却是完全可行的 |
[11:20] | It’s just the politics; it’s always the politics. | 只是由于政治原因 永远都是政治原因 |
[11:27] | Apologies, ma’am. | 抱歉 国务卿 |
[11:29] | Long night. | 长夜难熬 |
[11:30] | No, no, I appreciate your candor. | 不 我欣赏你的坦率 |
[11:34] | I’m gonna do everything I can to make this work. | 我会尽我所能来解决这件事 |
[11:36] | Meanwhile… you and your team stay safe, okay? | 你和你的团队也要注意安全 好吗 |
[11:41] | Will do, Madam Secretary. | 我们会的 国务卿 |
[11:50] | The purpose of government is to manage core issues, | 政府的作用是管理核心事务 |
[11:52] | not to create more government. | 而不是创造更多政府 |
[11:54] | This out of control spending is imperiling | 这种失控的开支正在 |
[11:56] | our nation’s future. | 危害我们国家的未来 |
[11:57] | Our CR gives the American people a signal | 我们的行动给了美国人民一个信号 |
[11:59] | that we understand that. | 那就是我们理解这种情况 |
[12:01] | That’s the problem | 这就是问题所在 |
[12:02] | with this whole discussion, Senator. | 参议员 整场讨论上 |
[12:04] | You’re talking about signals. | 你一直在谈信号 |
[12:06] | I’m talking about actual people’s lives. | 而我说的是实际的人民生活 |
[12:09] | Yes, Mr. President, | 是的 总统先生 |
[12:10] | you’ve been moralizing at us all morning. | 你一整个早上都在对我们说教 |
[12:12] | Well, this has all been most illuminating. | 好吧 这些都很有启发性 |
[12:18] | Let’s circle back in the morning. | 我们明天早上再接着谈吧 |
[12:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[12:25] | Any takeaways? | 记了什么重要信息吗 |
[12:27] | Besides the fact that POTUS’s proposal is DOA | 除了总统的提议当场被毙 |
[12:30] | and Morejon is even less likable | 莫雷洪在现实生活中比他在电视上 |
[12:32] | in real life than he is on TV. | 更令人讨厌 |
[12:35] | Whenever Russell says something is illuminating, | 当拉塞尔说某件事有启发性时 |
[12:37] | what he’s really saying is that he doesn’t like | 他的真实意思其实是他不喜欢 |
[12:39] | what’s being illuminated. | 被启发的东西 |
[12:41] | Meaning? | 什么意思 |
[12:41] | Meaning he doesn’t think | 意思是他认为 |
[12:43] | Morejon is negotiating in good faith. | 莫雷洪不是诚心要谈判 |
[12:45] | If I were you, I’d start calling some temp agencies. | 如果我是你 就会开始打电话给短工中介 |
[12:48] | You’re gonna need another job soon. | 你很快就会需要份新工作了 |
[13:05] | – Dr. McCord. – Hi, Talia. | -麦考德博士 -你好 塔莉娅 |
[13:07] | What are you doing here? | 您怎么来这里了 |
[13:08] | I’m looking for your brother. | 我来找你弟弟 |
[13:09] | He’s not answering his phone. | 他不接电话 |
[13:11] | You mean you don’t know where he is either? | 您是说您也不知道他在哪 |
[13:14] | Wait, what are you talking about? | 等等 你什么意思 |
[13:15] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候 |
[13:17] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[13:18] | Why didn’t you call me? | 你怎么不打电话给我 |
[13:19] | He told me he was going away for work, | 他和我说他是去工作了 |
[13:22] | that it was secret | 保密 |
[13:23] | and that you knew about it. | 而且您知道的 |
[13:24] | He couldn’t even bring his phone. | 他甚至都不能带手机 |
[13:26] | He left it in his room. | 他把手机留在房间了 |
[13:27] | Are you telling me this isn’t true? | 您是说这不是真的吗 |
[13:29] | He’s not on a mission. | 他没有在执行任务 |
[13:33] | If he lied to both of us, | 如果他骗了我们 |
[13:34] | he could be shooting up heroin somewhere. | 那他可能在哪里注射海洛因呢 |
[13:36] | I should have never let him keep taking those pills. | 我真不该让他留着那些药片的 |
[13:39] | I shouldn’t have helped him get them. | 我不该帮他弄到药的 |
[13:40] | – I… – Stop it. | -我… -别说了 |
[13:41] | – This is not your fault. – Of course it is. | -这不是你的错 -当然是 |
[13:42] | Everything he did, | 他所做的一切 |
[13:44] | everything he endured | 他所经历的一切 |
[13:45] | was for me. | 都是为了我 |
[13:47] | Th-This is how I repay him. | 而…我就这样报答他 |
[13:48] | – We’ll find him, okay? – How? | -我们会找到他的 好吗 -怎么找 |
[13:49] | We can’t track his phone. We can’t call the police. | 我们不能定位他的手机 不能报警 |
[13:52] | He’s been calling in sick for work every day | 他每天都打电话请病假 |
[13:54] | just like I asked. | 就如我要求的那样 |
[13:55] | And believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[13:56] | calling in sick to the CIA is not so easy. | 向中情局请病假可没那么简单 |
[13:58] | He’s not using his own phone. | 他没有用自己的手机 |
[13:59] | At the very least, they’ll have a record | 至少 他们会记录 |
[14:00] | of the phone he’s been calling from. | 他打电话时使用的手机 |
[14:02] | We can start there. | 我们从那入手 |
[14:06] | I would love to be able to tell you we could connect the camp | 我很想能告诉您我们能够在几天内 |
[14:08] | to our electrical grid within a few days, | 将营地与我们的电网连上线 |
[14:11] | but, regrettably, it’s an impossible timeline. | 但是 很可惜 时间上不太可能 |
[14:14] | The electrification project has been going on | 电气化项目已经实施 |
[14:17] | for six months, Mr. Ambassador. | 六个月了 大使先生 |
[14:19] | This is Lebanon we’re talking about, Madam Secretary, | 我们说的可是黎巴嫩 国务卿女士 |
[14:22] | not Switzerland. | 不是瑞士 |
[14:23] | Well, how about you at least try? | 好吧 那你至少试试吧 |
[14:25] | So, you’re browbeating me for my government’s dysfunction | 您是因我的政府协调出问题而吓唬我吗 |
[14:28] | while yours is about to shut down? | 你们的政府可正面临停摆呢 |
[14:31] | Fine. We’re screwed up, too. | 好吧 我们也一团糟 |
[14:33] | You got me. | 你说对了 |
[14:36] | Now can we talk about solutions? | 现在能聊聊解决办法吗 |
[14:39] | It seems to me | 就我来看 |
[14:40] | you have two choices: buy more time or buy more people. | 您有两个选择 争取时间或者争取人心 |
[14:46] | Meaning figure out a way to keep my team on the clock | 意味着想出办法让我的团队提高效率 |
[14:49] | or bribe the right guys in Lebanon. | 或者在黎巴嫩买通合适的人 |
[14:52] | Not me, of course. I… | 当然不是我 我… |
[14:55] | want to help, Madam Secretary. | 想帮忙 国务卿女士 |
[14:57] | I’m just paying you the respect of being honest. | 我只是出于尊重 和您讲述实情 |
[15:00] | Okay. More money. | 好吧 更多资金投入 |
[15:03] | See what I can do. | 看看我能做什么 |
[15:07] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[15:10] | Well, it wasn’t their mistake, sir, it was your mistake, | 这不是他们的错 先生 这是你的错 |
[15:14] | so can you correct it or not? | 你能不能纠正 |
[15:17] | All right, so your answer, | 好吧 说了这么多 |
[15:19] | in so many words, is no. | 你的答案是 不能 |
[15:21] | Got it. Yes. Thank you so much. | 明白 是的 非常感谢 |
[15:24] | Bad time? | 时机不对 |
[15:25] | I can come back. | 我一会儿再来 |
[15:26] | No, it’s fine. Please come in. | 不用 没事 进来吧 |
[15:28] | Lower yourself onto my couch. | 悠着点坐沙发上吧 |
[15:33] | My son, Roland, and his girlfriend, Shindy, | 我的儿子 罗兰德和他的女朋友辛迪 |
[15:35] | are gonna have a baby. | 要生孩子了 |
[15:36] | – Hey, congratulations. – Yeah. Thanks. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[15:38] | I’m actually really thrilled about it. | 我真的非常激动 |
[15:39] | I’m just so annoyed | 我只是太生气了 |
[15:41] | it doesn’t show. | 才没表现出来 |
[15:42] | So, you and Roman are… | 那你和罗曼… |
[15:43] | Talking again, yeah. | 又联系了 是的 |
[15:46] | Yeah. Here and there. | 是啊 时不时的吧 |
[15:48] | He just told me about the baby today. | 他今天刚告诉我孩子的事 |
[15:51] | So, what was that call about? | 刚才那通电话是怎么回事 |
[15:52] | They’re relocating to the Bay Area | 他们要搬到旧金山湾区 |
[15:54] | to have the baby. | 去生孩子 |
[15:55] | Roman got a job offer there. | 罗曼得到了那里的一份工作 |
[15:59] | But apparently, Shindy’s name matches someone | 但显然 辛迪的名字和禁飞名单上的 |
[16:03] | on the no-fly list. | 某个人一样 |
[16:04] | Well, doesn’t sound so hard to clear up. | 听起来不难解决吧 |
[16:06] | But if I don’t get this resolved before the shutdown, | 但是如果在停摆前我没有解决这个问题 |
[16:09] | then, by the time the shutdown is over, | 那等停摆事件结束 |
[16:11] | she may be too pregnant to fly. | 她也许就因为临产而不能坐飞机了 |
[16:13] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你要怎么做呢 |
[16:14] | I’m gonna hump it over to Homeland Security | 我要直接去找国土安全部 |
[16:16] | and plead the case in person. | 亲自说明此事 |
[16:19] | The things we do for love. | 我们为爱而做的事 |
[16:22] | Anyway… | 那… |
[16:24] | what’s up? | 什么事 |
[16:25] | So, um… | 是… |
[16:27] | about the shutdown… | 关于政府停摆… |
[16:28] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[16:30] | Just don’t let them furlough me because I’m pregnant, okay? | 别让他们因为我怀孕就休假 好吗 |
[16:33] | They won’t say that’s why, | 他们不会说是这个原因 |
[16:34] | but that’ll be why. | 但就是这个原因 |
[16:35] | You should be so lucky. | 你运气得多好 |
[16:36] | You could sue and never have to work again. | 你可以起诉然后再也不用上班了 |
[16:38] | Yeah, well, I want to work. | 我想工作 |
[16:40] | My career is important to me. | 我的事业对我很重要 |
[16:42] | I mean, I’m just gonna take a couple weeks of leave | 我至需要几周的休假 |
[16:44] | and I’ll be right back at it. | 很快就回来 |
[16:46] | First of all, no, you won’t. | 首先 不 你不会的 |
[16:50] | Those first few weeks with the baby… | 刚开始和宝宝在一起的几周… |
[16:52] | Are, like, super precious and magical, | 无比珍贵 又神奇 |
[16:54] | so everyone keeps insisting. | 大家都坚持这么说 |
[16:56] | Well, my experience was a little more | 我的经历有点像 |
[16:57] | like the opening sequence to Saving Private Ryan. | 《拯救大兵瑞恩》的开场 |
[17:00] | Way to sell it. | 这也是个说服的办法 |
[17:04] | But you’ll get through it. | 但是你会坚持到底的 |
[17:07] | And you will love that child so much, | 你会很爱你的宝宝 |
[17:11] | you won’t know what to do with yourself. | 你会手足无措 |
[17:13] | That’s what I’m afraid of, | 这正是我担心的 |
[17:15] | losing myself. | 失去自我 |
[17:17] | My career, everything I’ve worked for, just subsumed. | 我的事业 我努力的一切 就消失了 |
[17:22] | It’s true. Things will change | 没错 事情会改变 |
[17:25] | and some things will fall away. | 有些东西会消散 |
[17:29] | Drunken brunches, for example. | 比如 微醺的早午餐 |
[17:31] | But then other things will take their place, | 但其他事会代替它们 |
[17:35] | other richer things. | 更丰富的事情 |
[17:39] | That’s how life works. | 生命就是如此 |
[17:42] | So take it while I can get it is what you’re saying. | 你的意思是既来之则安之 |
[17:45] | That’s my two cents. | 这是我的建议 |
[17:49] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[17:52] | Just getting some fresh air. | 呼吸一下新鲜空气 |
[17:55] | Also contemplating going back to smoking. | 也在考虑要不要再吸烟 |
[17:59] | Budget negotiations going that well, huh? | 预算谈判进行的真是顺利啊 |
[18:03] | I’ve had more fun fighting off a snake | 我当年在越南的田地里和蛇打斗时 |
[18:04] | in a Vietnamese rice paddy. | 都比这个有意思 |
[18:07] | But it’s the job I signed up for. | 但这是我选择的工作 |
[18:12] | So, Russell told me about your troubles | 拉塞尔和我说了 |
[18:14] | with the refugee camp in Lebanon. | 你在黎巴嫩难民营面临的问题 |
[18:16] | Yeah. All we have to do is turn on the lights. | 我们所需要做的就是通电 |
[18:19] | We do that, most of the issues inside the camp go away. | 如此 营地里的大部分问题就迎刃而解 |
[18:24] | But if they fester, we could see | 如果问题恶化 我们会看到 |
[18:26] | Sunni radicalization… | 逊尼派激进化… |
[18:28] | And in a country with such a volatile mix of faiths… | 在一个信仰如此反复无常的国家… |
[18:32] | wouldn’t take much for the whole place to blow up. | 用不了多久全国就会爆发 |
[18:34] | Sir, I remind you, every single cabinet secretary | 阁下 容我提醒你 每位内阁部长 |
[18:37] | has trooped through here asking special dispensation | 都曾来过这里要求特别豁免 |
[18:40] | for programs much closer to home. | 和美国本土关系更近的事情 |
[18:42] | He’s right. | 他说的对 |
[18:44] | HHS, Veterans Affairs, Education, Interior. | 卫生部 退伍军人事务部 教育部 内政部 |
[18:48] | If the shutdown comes, there’s lots of Americans | 如果停摆了 还有很多美国人 |
[18:51] | are going to be hurting. | 会受到影响 |
[18:52] | No, I understand, sir, but we’re just talking | 不是 我理解 阁下 但是我们只是在聊 |
[18:54] | about designating a few contractors as essential. | 把一些承包商定义为必要 |
[18:57] | And how would it look | 设想这样的场面 |
[18:58] | when Morejon holds up a picture of a sad, | 莫雷洪举着一张难过的休假中的 |
[19:01] | furloughed park ranger | 公园护林员的照片 |
[19:02] | next to some Syrian refugee and asks, | 和一些叙利亚难民 并提问 |
[19:04] | Who does Dalton care about more? | 道尔顿更关心谁 |
[19:06] | All right, Russell, no need to pile on. | 好了 拉塞尔 不用继续了 |
[19:09] | Try sitting across from Morejon all day. | 试试整天都坐在莫雷洪对面 |
[19:11] | See what it does for your mood. | 看看多影响心情 |
[19:12] | Look, Bess, I agree with you. | 贝丝 我认同你 |
[19:14] | I mean, you’d think that a little bit of money | 你认为一点资金 |
[19:15] | or a little bit of extra time for the team on the ground | 或者给地面部队多一点时间 |
[19:18] | wouldn’t be too much to ask, but… | 不是太过分的要求 但是 |
[19:22] | …today it is. | 就今天的情况来说 过分了 |
[19:23] | No, I understand, sir. | 不 我明白 先生 |
[19:25] | I’ll find another way. | 我再想想办法 |
[19:29] | Well, we’d better get back to it. | 我们该回去继续了 |
[19:33] | Give ’em hell, Conrad. | 给他们好看 康拉德 |
[19:38] | Look, Ms. Tolliver, | 托利佛女士 |
[19:40] | I’d love to help, but these vetting protocols | 我很乐意帮忙 但是这些审查条款的存在 |
[19:41] | are in place for a reason. | 是有原因的 |
[19:42] | I can’t just make an exception for you. | 我不能为你破例 |
[19:44] | I’m not asking for special treatment. | 我不是在请求特殊对待 |
[19:47] | I’m asking you to rectify an obvious case | 我是在请你修正一个很明显的 |
[19:50] | of mistaken identity. | 身份错误 |
[19:51] | But what if it isn’t? | 但如果这不是错误呢 |
[19:52] | You mean what if | 你是说如果 |
[19:54] | my son’s 25-year-old girlfriend | 我儿子的25岁女友 |
[19:58] | is actually the 60-year-old wife of a retired, | 实际上是和鸦片贩毒者有牵连的 |
[20:02] | Burmese Army colonel with ties | 退休缅甸陆军上校 |
[20:05] | to opium traffickers? | 60岁的妻子吗 |
[20:07] | Uh, look, I’d have to review the case more thoroughly. | 我会彻底复审这个案子 |
[20:11] | By which time our government may be shut down | 到那个时候 谁知道政府可能会 |
[20:13] | for who knows how long, and meanwhile, | 停摆多久 与此同时 |
[20:15] | Myanmar has one of the highest | 在东南亚国家 缅甸有最高的 |
[20:17] | infant mortality rates in Southeast Asia. | 婴儿死亡率 |
[20:21] | I don’t make the rules. | 制度不是我定的 |
[20:24] | It’s been a pleasure, Ms. Tolliver. | 很乐意为您效劳 托利佛女士 |
[20:30] | Cute kids. | 你的孩子们很可爱 |
[20:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:34] | Madison and Hunter. | 麦迪逊和亨特 |
[20:37] | You’re gonna disappoint them. | 你会让他们失望的 |
[20:39] | What? | 什么 |
[20:40] | You don’t believe me, | 你现在不相信我 |
[20:41] | but you will. | 总有一天你会信的 |
[20:43] | And despite your best efforts, they’re going to resent you. | 即使你尽最大努力 他们还是会怨恨你 |
[20:47] | And that, Mr. Bryant, | 而且 布莱恩特先生 |
[20:50] | will hurt more than you can possibly imagine. | 带来的伤害比你想象中大得多 |
[20:54] | So much so that in 20 years, | 以至于20年之后 |
[20:56] | when Madison or Hunter comes to you | 当麦迪逊和亨特向你寻求帮助时 |
[20:59] | and asks you for a favor, you will embarrass yourself | 你会想要不遗余力 |
[21:05] | doing anything you possibly can to help them | 尽己所能地去帮助他们 |
[21:10] | as I am now. | 就像我现在这样 |
[21:33] | This is the phone he called from? | 他的电话就是从这里打的 |
[21:35] | According to Langley, yeah. | 根据兰利给的消息 是的 |
[21:39] | He could be anywhere. | 他在哪都有可能 |
[21:43] | What do we do now? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[21:46] | We find him. | 我们找到他 |
[21:47] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[22:06] | Help you? | 有什么能帮你的 |
[22:06] | Yeah, we have kind of an odd request. | 我们有个有点儿奇怪的请求 |
[22:09] | We’re looking for a missing person. We think he might’ve | 我们在找一位失踪人口 我们认为他可能 |
[22:10] | showed up on one of your security cameras. | 在你的监控录像中出现过 |
[22:12] | You think maybe we could look at the footage? | 我们可以看一下录像吗 |
[22:14] | Yeah, that’s not happening. | 这不可能 |
[22:15] | Come on, man, this is really important. | 拜托了 先生 这非常重要 |
[22:17] | So go get a warrant. | 那你拿搜查令来 |
[22:21] | All right. | 好吧 |
[22:23] | How much is a room? | 开一个房间多少钱 |
[22:26] | Our presidential suite is 60 bucks. | 我们的总统套房是60美元 |
[22:31] | Here you go. Now can we look at the tape? | 给你 现在能给我们看录像了吗 |
[22:38] | You two looking for a Russian kid? | 你们在找一个俄罗斯小孩吗 |
[22:44] | – Mitya? – Alexander? | -米迪亚 -亚历山大 |
[22:46] | – Mitya? – Are you in there? | -米迪亚 -你在里面吗 |
[22:48] | – Mitya… – Hey, it’s Henry. | -米迪亚 -我是亨利 |
[22:52] | What do you mean, hi? | 嗨是什么意思 |
[22:54] | Get inside. | 进去吧 |
[22:56] | I’m clean. | 我戒掉了 |
[22:57] | Oh, yeah, right. That’s why you’re holed up in this dump. | 没错 所以你就躲在这个垃圾堆里 |
[22:59] | I am clean, it’s true. | 我戒掉了 真的 |
[23:01] | Look, I knew I had to detox, | 我知道我必须要戒毒 |
[23:02] | and the only way to do that was to be alone. | 唯一的办法就是一个人待着 |
[23:05] | So I came out here a few days ago and… | 所以几天前我出来了 |
[23:08] | I did it. | 我做到了 |
[23:09] | Did what? | 做到什么 |
[23:10] | I puked and cried | 我吐过也哭过 |
[23:13] | and I shivered and watched a lot of bad TV, | 我打过颤 看了很多烂电视剧 |
[23:16] | but the point is, I’m better now. | 但是重点是 我现在好多了 |
[23:18] | You think the CIA’s just gonna take your word for that? | 你以为中情局随便就相信你的话 |
[23:20] | You think that’s a thing that’s gonna happen? | 你以为那就是接下来会发生的事 |
[23:22] | If you want to keep your job, | 如果你想保住你的工作 |
[23:24] | you need to get your stuff and come with us. | 你就得拿上东西跟我们走 |
[23:25] | Hey, look, I-I will take any drug test you want. | 我会做你要求的任何药检 |
[23:27] | Look, I believe you’re clean right now, okay? | 我相信你现在是没吸毒 好吗 |
[23:29] | And I know that this started | 我也知道这事的起因 |
[23:30] | because you had some physical pain you were trying to manage. | 是因为你想控制身体上的疼痛 |
[23:33] | But the point isn’t just to detox. | 但是重点不只是戒毒 |
[23:35] | I’m a soldier. | 我是个军人 |
[23:36] | I’m not gonna sit around in a circle | 我不想被一群软弱的美国人 |
[23:38] | with a bunch of soft Americans | 围起来 坐在他们中间 |
[23:39] | and talk about how my mother didn’t hug me enough. | 跟他们说我母亲没给我足够的拥抱 |
[23:42] | Although that’s true. She didn’t. Wha…? | -即使那是事实 她并没有 -什 |
[23:44] | – Talia! – What? | -塔莉娅 -怎么 |
[23:45] | She was a very withholding person. | 她是一个非常内敛的人 |
[23:47] | It could be a factor. | 可能是因为这个 |
[23:48] | 看了一本励志书她就以为自己是欧普拉了 [美国鸡汤风格电视脱口秀主持人] | |
[23:51] | Guys. Hey, guys. | 各位 各位 |
[23:52] | Hey, can you work this out later? | 你们能晚点再解决这个吗 |
[23:54] | I’m not an expert. Maybe you have underlying issues | 我不是专家 可能你有潜在的问题 |
[23:57] | that drove you to addiction, maybe you don’t. | 会导致你上瘾 也可能没有 |
[23:59] | But right now Director Haymond is getting you a bed | 但现在海蒙德局长给你在康复中心 |
[24:01] | in rehab. | 留了一个床位 |
[24:04] | A place where your line of work won’t be an issue. | 一个你的老行当不会成为问题的地方 |
[24:05] | I told you, | 我跟你说了 |
[24:06] | I handled it my way, and I am clean now. | 我自己可以解决 我现在已经戒掉了 |
[24:15] | Can’t you see that I am ashamed? | 难道你看不出来我很羞愧吗 |
[24:18] | For what I have done to you, to my sister? Please. | 为我对你和我妹妹做过的那些事 拜托了 |
[24:21] | Please, it is better for everyone if I can just… | 拜托了 让我独自解决 |
[24:24] | if I can deal with this alone. | 这样对大家都好 |
[24:26] | Alone and ashamed. That sounds like a perfect emotional state | 单独和羞愧 你有这样的心情 |
[24:29] | to stay sober. | 很快就会复吸的 |
[24:30] | Too bad for you, you’re stuck with us. | 很抱歉 你必须和我们一起走 |
[24:32] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[24:35] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[24:37] | How many cases? | 有多少个病例 |
[24:38] | Just one so far. | 到现在为止只有一个 |
[24:40] | And it’s definitely cholera? | 确定是霍乱了吗 |
[24:42] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[24:44] | The clinic at the camp only has power three hours a day. | 营地那边的诊所一天只有三个小时有电 |
[24:46] | I mean, they will never be able to get it under control with that. | 他们不可能控制住疫情 |
[24:49] | Good evening, ma’am. | 晚上好 国务卿 |
[24:50] | – Matt. – Sorry. I’m sorry. | -马特 -抱歉 我很抱歉 |
[24:52] | Uh, I drafted some remarks, in case of a shutdown. | 以防政府真的停摆 我起草了一个讲话 |
[24:55] | Uh, an address to the troops, if you will. | 你可以叫它”员工讲话” |
[24:57] | You know, a speech like this could prove to be… | 这种演讲可能会很… |
[24:59] | – “Essential”? Thanks. – Yes. | -重要 谢谢 -是的 |
[25:00] | – I’m just right in the middle of something. – That’s your word. | -我正在忙别的 -你说是就是 |
[25:02] | Okay, well, um– hey, I’m always helping! | 我一直在帮忙哦 |
[25:03] | You guys heard about the cholera outbreak, right? | 你们听说霍乱爆发了吗 |
[25:06] | – Hi, by the way. – Yes, ma’am. | -你们好 -是的 国务卿 |
[25:07] | We’re running out of time. Here’s my pitch: | 我们没时间了 这是我的想法 |
[25:08] | what about solar? | 太阳能可以用吗 |
[25:10] | To power the refugee camp? | 给难民营供电吗 |
[25:11] | No, my home. | 不 给我的房子供 |
[25:12] | Of course the refugee camp. | 当然是给难民营了 |
[25:14] | So-so I take it the meeting with POTUS didn’t go as hoped. | 我向总统提过这个 但结果并不如意 |
[25:17] | We’re on our own. | 我们只能靠自己了 |
[25:19] | Here’s my thought: if we can’t connect the camp | 这是我的想法 如果我们不能给难民营 |
[25:22] | to a reliable power source, | 提供可靠的电力资源 |
[25:23] | then how about we bring a power source to the camp? | 那我们带一个电源过去如何 |
[25:27] | If I may, ma’am, that idea was first broached | 恕我直言 国务卿 这个想法在 |
[25:28] | when they built the camp, | 设立难民营时就被提出过 |
[25:30] | but deemed not feasible at the time. | 但是当时被认为是不可行的 |
[25:32] | Solar technology has improved even since then. | 在那之后太阳能技术有了提高 |
[25:35] | This assessment is worth reconsidering, | 考虑到现在的情况 |
[25:37] | given the circumstances. | 这个方案值得再次商榷 |
[25:38] | But quickly. | 但是要快 |
[25:39] | Yeah, if we had time. | 我们有时间的话就可以 |
[25:41] | All we need is to find a contractor | 我们只需找到一个 |
[25:43] | who’s willing to ship enough solar panels | 在明晚政府停摆前 |
[25:44] | to power a small city 6,000 miles away, | 愿意免费给六公里远的小城市 |
[25:47] | before the government shuts down tomorrow night, | 运送太阳能电池板供电的 |
[25:50] | for free. | 承包人 |
[25:51] | All due respect, ma’am, | 恕我直言 国务卿 |
[25:52] | but I don’t know if we can pull that off. | 我不知道我们能否成功 |
[25:54] | We are damn sure gonna try, so let’s get on it. | 我们必须试试 开始工作吧 |
[26:06] | – Hi, Mom. -Hi, Roman. | -妈妈 -罗曼 |
[26:07] | I just spoke with Homeland Security, and… | 我刚和国家安全部门的人谈过话 |
[26:10] | good news, Shindy. | 辛迪 有好消息 |
[26:12] | Your visa application has been approved, | 你的签证批下来了 |
[26:14] | and you are free to travel to the U.S. | 只要你准备好了 |
[26:17] | whenever you’re ready. | 随时都能来美国 |
[26:18] | Thank you so much, Nadine. | 太谢谢你了 纳丁 |
[26:20] | Mom, I can’t tell you how much that means to us. | 妈妈 这对我们太重要了 |
[26:22] | It was my pleasure. | 很乐意帮忙 |
[26:23] | We’ve got a great place lined up in Berkeley. | 我们在伯克利订了一个房子 |
[26:25] | I hope you’ll come out and see us. | 希望你能来看我们 |
[26:27] | Are you kidding? My first grandchild? | 你们开什么玩笑 这可是我的第一个孙子 |
[26:29] | You’ll have to drive me away with a stick. | 你们得用棍子才能把我赶走 |
[26:32] | Aw, I just wish you lived on the West Coast. | 真希望你住在西海岸 |
[26:34] | You could hang out with us all the time. | 这样你就能经常见到我们了 |
[26:40] | What’d I say? | 我说错什么了吗 |
[26:43] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[26:44] | That’s… | 那可真是… |
[26:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:49] | That would be nice. | 那样该多好 |
[26:54] | Nadine? | 纳丁 |
[26:55] | You’re missing the party. | 你要错过派对了 |
[26:56] | Oh, I’ll-I’ll be right there. | 我就来 |
[26:59] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[27:03] | I love you both. | 我爱你们俩 |
[27:04] | Love you. Bye. | 我们也爱你 再见 |
[27:11] | Okay, this next one is from me. | 好吧 下一个礼物是我送的 |
[27:13] | Meaning Blake ordered it and I signed the card. | 就是说布莱克买的 我在礼品卡上签了字 |
[27:16] | It’s an honor to serve, ma’am, | 很荣幸为您服务 国务卿 |
[27:17] | even if you inexplicably hate games. | 即使你莫名其妙地讨厌游戏 |
[27:23] | Okay. Now, I-I know what you’re thinking. | 好吧 我知道你们在想什么 |
[27:25] | “A wet/dry vac? I don’t get it”” | “干湿吸尘器 这是什么意思” |
[27:28] | But trust me, | 但是相信我 |
[27:28] | even though you’re having a girl, | 即使你怀的是个女孩 |
[27:29] | from the minute they eat solid foods until they go to college, | 从她们开始吃辅食到上大学 |
[27:33] | the place is a complete pigsty, | 你家都会像一个猪圈一样 |
[27:34] | so… : you’ll thank me later. | 所以… 你会感谢我的 |
[27:37] | Aw. I love it. | 我好喜欢 |
[27:38] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢 国务卿 |
[27:39] | -Okay. -Sorry I’m late. | -好的 -对不起来晚了 |
[27:41] | Hey, Jay. | 杰伊 你好 |
[27:42] | Glad you could make it. | 真高兴你能赶到 |
[27:43] | Also– here. | 我也是 拿着 |
[27:47] | Uh, also, I need to borrow the secretary for a minute. | 还有 我得借用国务卿一下 |
[27:50] | A wipe warmer? | 湿纸巾加热器 |
[27:52] | Oh, believe me, it’s the most important baby product | 相信我 这是籍籍无名却最有用的 |
[27:53] | you’ve never heard of. | 婴儿产品 |
[27:54] | – Carry on without me, team. – Thank you. | -你们继续玩 -谢谢 |
[27:57] | Okay, here. Just a little something from me. | 好了 我也有个小礼物 |
[28:04] | Come on. | 别闹了 |
[28:05] | It’s adorable. | 好可爱 |
[28:09] | “Diplo Tot.” | 外交二代 |
[28:10] | – So, the good news and the bad news. – Pardon me. | 我有一个好消息和一个坏消息 -过一下 |
[28:13] | Yeah. I found a contractor | 我找到了一个承包商 |
[28:15] | who can install a small solar field at the camp, | 他可以在难民营安装一个小型太阳能场 |
[28:17] | probably within our time frame | 因为他们就在附近 |
[28:19] | because they’re already in the region. | 所以也许能在我们要求的时间内完成 |
[28:20] | That’s fantastic. | 这太好了 |
[28:22] | They’re a new company whose whole business plan | 他们是一家致力于用太阳能 |
[28:24] | is using solar to power up refugee camps. | 为难民营供电的新公司 |
[28:26] | They’d be willing to do the job for free, | 他们愿意为了宣传 |
[28:28] | just for the publicity. | 免费做这项工作 |
[28:29] | What’s the bad news? | 坏消息呢 |
[28:30] | They’re Israeli. | 他们是以色列人 |
[28:32] | And since Lebanon is still technically at war with Israel, | 鉴于理论上黎巴嫩仍在与以色列作战 |
[28:35] | they’re not gonna allow any Israeli goods, | 他们不会允许以色列产品 |
[28:38] | services or citizens on their soil. | 服务和公民入境 |
[28:39] | Correct, ma’am. | 没错 国务卿 |
[28:41] | That’s… Bad. | 这可不太好 |
[28:43] | That’s a bummer. Right? | 真让人失望 |
[28:48] | What if they weren’t Israeli? | 如果他们不是以色列人呢 |
[28:51] | Ma’am? Does the company have reps here in the States? | 国务卿 那个公司在美国有代表吗 |
[28:53] | Yeah, actually. The guy I was talking to is here in D.C., | 有 和我交流的那个人就在华盛顿 |
[28:56] | hustling for contracts with Department of Energy and DOD. | 正在争取与能源部和国防部取得联系 |
[28:58] | That’s perfect. I want to talk to him. | 那太好了 我要和他说话 |
[29:00] | Tell Nadine to call Haymond at CIA, | 告诉纳丁给中情局的海蒙德打电话 |
[29:02] | tell him I’m on my way over there, | 跟他说我马上过去 |
[29:04] | and then get your guy to meet me at Langley. | 然后让你的人和我在中情局见面 |
[29:05] | And also, the-the Lebanese ambassador, okay? | 还有 黎巴嫩大使 好吗 |
[29:08] | And tell my guys that I’m on my way down, okay? | 告诉我的手下我就来 好吗 |
[29:09] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[29:12] | Langley? | 中情局 |
[29:14] | Well, | 字幕 |
[29:16] | here we are. | 我们到了 |
[29:19] | It looks like a day spa. | 看起来像个日间水疗馆 |
[29:22] | That’s the idea. | 要的就是这种效果 |
[29:26] | What are you going to tell the rest of the team | 你打算怎么跟队里的其他人说 |
[29:28] | about where I am? | 我的去向 |
[29:31] | Well, if we get shut down, | 我们如果要关门 |
[29:32] | I’ll just tell ’em you were furloughed. | 我就告诉他们你在无薪休假 |
[29:34] | If I say you’re nonessential, don’t take it personally. | 如果我说你是非必要人员 别往心里去 |
[29:40] | Uh, it’s, uh, it’s probably better for them | 也许我走了 |
[29:41] | to take a little break from me. | 他们会过的更好 |
[29:44] | They think I’m crazy. | 他们觉得我是个疯子 |
[29:47] | Maybe a little. | 可能有一点 |
[29:49] | But you impressed them before. | 但你以前让他们折服 |
[29:53] | And you’ll impress them again when you come back. | 你回去的时候还会让他们折服的 |
[29:58] | Thanks for the vote of confidence. | 谢谢你支持我 |
[30:02] | But we’ll see how I do, right? | 但一切还是取决于我的表现 对吗 |
[30:07] | Yeah, we’ll have to see. | 是啊 还得看情况 |
[30:10] | So, let me understand this. | 让我明白一下 |
[30:11] | You want us to hand over proprietary technology, | 你想要我们拱手将 |
[30:14] | that we’ve spent years developing, | 我们花费数年的专利技术 |
[30:17] | to a CIA front company | 交给中情局的挂名公司 |
[30:18] | to install | 来为黎巴嫩的 |
[30:20] | in a refugee camp in Lebanon, | 一个难民营安装太阳能 |
[30:22] | and we won’t even get any of the credit for it? | 而我们得不到任何回报 |
[30:25] | That’s about the size of it, yeah. | 差不多是这样 |
[30:26] | In fact, this meeting never even happened. | 事实上 这次会议从未发生过 |
[30:28] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[30:29] | And why would we let them do that? | 我们为什么要让他们这么做 |
[30:31] | Why would we accept charity from a country that invades ours? | 我们为什么要接受侵略国的慈善 |
[30:35] | That destroys our homes and kills our citizens? | 他们毁了我们的家园 杀害我们的同胞 |
[30:37] | To defend ourselves | 为了保护我们自己 |
[30:39] | from rocket and guerrilla attacks launched by terrorists | 不受窝藏在贵国的恐怖分子派出的 |
[30:41] | – harbored in your country. – Gentlemen. Gentlemen. | -火箭弹和游击队的袭击 -先生们 先生们 |
[30:43] | We’re not here to relitigate | 我们不是来这里讨论 |
[30:45] | the Israeli-Lebanese conflict. | 以色列和黎巴嫩冲突的 |
[30:48] | We’re here to bring light and power | 而是为了为几万名绝望而有惨痛经历的难民 |
[30:50] | to tens of thousands of desperate, traumatized people. | 带来光和电的 |
[30:54] | Yes, there are secondary benefits, like… | 是的 这其中也有次级效益 比如… |
[30:57] | ensuring stability in your country | 保障贵国的稳定 |
[30:59] | and proving that your product can work at scale, | 并证明你们的产品可以大规模使用 |
[31:01] | not to mention having the U.S. Government in your debt. | 更不用提美国政府欠你们一个人情 |
[31:06] | If the shutdown happens, | 如果我们真的关门 |
[31:07] | I will have to pull my team out, | 我就得撤出我的团队 |
[31:09] | and there will be no one on the ground | 到时候地面上就没有人 |
[31:10] | to set up the solar field. | 去设立太阳能场了 |
[31:13] | I need you both to help me help these people. | 我需要你们帮助我 帮助这些难民 |
[31:16] | By working with the Israelis and the CIA. What a world. | 却要与以色列人和中情局合作 太荒谬了 |
[31:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[31:24] | Just please keep this to yourselves. | 千万别告诉别人 |
[31:27] | I have plans this weekend, | 我这周末还有事 |
[31:29] | and it would be nice to live till then. | 我希望能活到那时候 |
[31:32] | So? | 怎么样 |
[31:35] | We’re in. | 我们同意 |
[31:36] | But don’t ask me to shake his hand. | 不过别让我跟他握手 |
[31:38] | We’re not Rabin and Arafat here. | 我们又不是拉宾和阿拉法特 |
[31:41] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[31:42] | So are we a go? | 那就开始吧 |
[31:44] | It’s never an easy ask with you McCords, is it? | 你每个要求都很棘手 对吧 |
[31:47] | No. | 不对 |
[31:49] | Mr. President, the fiscal year ends in a few hours. | 总统先生 这个财政年度还有几个小时就结束了 |
[31:52] | Either accept our amendments to the CR | 你要么接受我们的修正案进入国会议事录 |
[31:54] | or we let the clock run out and let the American people decide | 要么我们就坐等政府关门 让美国民众决定 |
[31:57] | who to blame for the shutdown. | 这是谁的责任 |
[31:59] | You want to play that game? Fine. | 你想玩手段吗 行 |
[32:01] | Our numbers may not be great, | 我们的支持率可能不高 |
[32:03] | but Congress? | 但国会呢 |
[32:04] | You guys literally poll worse than staph infections. | 在民众心里 你们还不如葡萄球菌感染 |
[32:09] | Carlos… | 卡洛斯… |
[32:11] | I understand that you and the party feel betrayed by me, | 我明白你和党都觉得我背叛了你们 |
[32:15] | but you’re talking about throwing | 但你现在的做法会让 |
[32:17] | hundreds of thousands of people out of work, | 让几十万人失业 |
[32:20] | delaying Medicare checks, | 延迟发送医疗保险费 |
[32:22] | projecting uncertainty to the world. | 令世界局势动荡 |
[32:24] | Is that what you want? | 这是你希望看到的吗 |
[32:26] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[32:27] | I know this might be difficult for you to comprehend, | 我知道你可能很难理解 |
[32:31] | but this isn’t about you. | 但这并不是针对你的 |
[32:33] | It’s about loyalty to principles. | 而是忠于原则 |
[32:38] | Well, I guess that’s that. | 我想那就这样了 |
[32:46] | I did my best. | 我尽力了 |
[32:48] | Now you do your worst. | 你去为祸人间吧 |
[32:49] | Meantime, I’m going to continue serving the American people, so… | 与此同时 我会继续为美国人民服务 |
[32:53] | if you’ll excuse me, I have somewhere to be. | 不好意思 我还有事要忙 |
[32:56] | Y-You’re leaving? | 你要走 |
[32:59] | But we still have three hours before the deadline. | 但我们离最后期限还有三个小时 |
[33:01] | And you have my final offer. | 已经没什么可谈的了 |
[33:16] | Permission to ask an impertinent question. | 请允许我问个无礼的问题 |
[33:19] | Well, you did save my life that time, so you get one. | 你上次救了我的命 所以你可以问 |
[33:22] | Shoot. | 问吧 |
[33:23] | Shouldn’t POTUS still be in there, | 总统难道不应该留下 |
[33:24] | negotiating right up to the deadline? | 谈判直到最后期限吗 |
[33:25] | I mean, where is he going? | 他要去哪儿 |
[33:27] | You’re right. That is pretty impertinent. | 你说得对 这问题是挺无礼的 |
[33:30] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:32] | No, wait. | 不 等等 |
[33:34] | You’re still on the clock for a few more hours. | 你还要再工作几个小时 |
[33:36] | Come on and find out. | 来找出答案吧 |
[33:41] | So, if you’re having any issues with the VA, | 如果你们和退伍军人管理局有矛盾 |
[33:43] | or retiring from active duty, | 或是正在退伍 |
[33:45] | or if your family is getting jammed with your bills, | 或是家庭有困难 |
[33:49] | you call that number | 就打这个电话 |
[33:51] | and somebody will get it straightened out for you. | 有人会为你们解决的 |
[33:54] | And if you’re in a bad place | 而如果你们心情不佳 |
[33:56] | and you just want to talk to a brother who understands, | 只想和一个明白你们处境的兄弟聊聊 |
[34:00] | you call | 也可以打这个电话 |
[34:01] | and you ask for me. | 要求和我讲话 |
[34:03] | I give you my word as a Marine, I will answer that call. | 作为一名海军 我保证 我会接电话的 |
[34:07] | And those phone lines aren’t getting shut down ever. | 而这些电话号码永远有效 |
[34:11] | And that even goes for you Army sons of bitches. | 甚至陆军的混蛋们也可以打 |
[34:13] | – Hooah. – Hooah. | -遵命 -遵命 |
[34:15] | Now I’ll shut up so you all can talk. | 现在我要闭嘴了 该你们说话了 |
[34:18] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[34:19] | Sean Johnson, Mr. President. | 肖恩·约翰逊 总统先生 |
[34:21] | United States Air Force. | 美国空军 |
[34:22] | Thank you for your service. | 感谢你为国服务 |
[34:23] | You’re welcome, sir. | 不客气 总统先生 |
[34:24] | Thank you for your… | 感谢你的… |
[34:25] | So… Pop quiz time. Hmm? | 来个突击测验吧 |
[34:28] | What did you learn about Morejon and those guys | 这些会议里 你对莫雷洪他们 |
[34:31] | during all those meetings? | 有了什么了解 |
[34:33] | That his chief of staff has a staring problem. | 他的参谋长喜欢盯着别人看 |
[34:37] | Good to know, i guess. | 知道也好 |
[34:40] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[34:42] | I think Morejon is scared. | 我觉得莫雷洪很害怕 |
[34:44] | Yeah, he should be. | 他应该害怕 |
[34:46] | He’s the dog that caught the car. | 他是撞向汽车的狗 |
[34:54] | Well… | 那… |
[34:56] | let’s hope you’re right… | 希望你是对的 |
[34:59] | ’cause the Senate just let the clock run out. | 参议院刚刚结束了这个财政年度 |
[35:05] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:07] | Buckle up. | 看好戏吧 |
[35:08] | Thank you, sir. Glad you made it back. | 谢谢您 先生 很高兴你能够回家 |
[35:09] | You want to know why I brought you here? | 你想知道我为什么带你来这儿吗 |
[35:14] | Because I asked an impertinent question? | 因为我问了那个无礼的问题 |
[35:18] | Look, the next few weeks are gonna be ugly. | 接下来的几个星期不会好过 |
[35:22] | People will say, “Ah, that’s Washington for you. | 人们会说 “这就是华盛顿 |
[35:25] | A pox on both their houses.” | 参众两院都死到临头了 |
[35:29] | Meanwhile, Conrad Dalton comes here every month, | 同时 康拉德·道尔顿每月都来这里 |
[35:32] | no matter what, and never talks about it to anyone. | 无论如何 而且从不跟别人讲起 |
[35:36] | And the reason he’s in that room right now | 美国总统的宝座属于他 |
[35:38] | and not me or Morejon or some other windbag | 而不是我 不是莫雷洪或其他大话精 |
[35:43] | is ’cause he understands that some principles… | 是因为他明白 有些原则… |
[35:48] | really can’t be compromised. | 是绝对不能妥协的 |
[35:53] | Some duties really are sacred. | 有些责任是神圣的 |
[35:56] | I wanted you to see that. | 我希望你能看到这一点 |
[36:03] | Thank you, Russell. | 谢谢您 拉塞尔 |
[36:09] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[36:18] | I’ll edit the speech on Marine One. | 我会在海军陆战队一号上写讲稿 |
[36:22] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[36:33] | We’re really doing this, huh? | 我们真的要这么做吗 |
[36:35] | Indeed we are. | 没错 |
[36:37] | I’ve sent out the department-wide e-mail | 我向全院的非必要人员 |
[36:39] | to all nonessential personnel. | 发出了邮件 |
[36:43] | And per your request, I asked everyone | 按您的要求 我让所有在这里工作的 |
[36:45] | who worked in the building who’s been furloughed | 进入无薪休假的员工 |
[36:47] | to gather in the main hall. | 去大厅集合 |
[36:48] | Thanks, Nadine. | 谢谢 纳丁 |
[36:50] | Any changes to Matt’s remarks? | 马特写的发言稿有什么要改的吗 |
[36:53] | Uh, no. No, I think they strike just the right tone. | 没有 我觉得写得恰到好处 |
[36:56] | Believe this? Government shutdown. | 你能相信吗 政府关停 |
[36:59] | I mean, what kind of message are we sending | 我们的朋友和同盟 |
[37:01] | our friends and allies? | 听了该作何感想 |
[37:03] | I mean, not to mention our adversaries. | 更不用提我们的敌对势力了 |
[37:05] | – Ma’am… – And now I’ve got to go out and send | -国务卿 -现在我得出去让数千名 |
[37:08] | thousands of hard-working men and women home | 辛勤工作的员工 |
[37:11] | on indefinite, unpaid leave. | 无限期地无薪休假了 |
[37:14] | I mean, what are they supposed to tell their families? | 我们要怎么跟他们的家人交待 |
[37:16] | And for what? | 又是为了什么 |
[37:17] | I… I’m sorry, I’m ranting. | 不好意思我太激动了 |
[37:21] | Well, I know this is not the best time, | 我知道这可能不是最好的时间 |
[37:23] | but I really need to ask you something. | 但我真的需要问你一件事 |
[37:26] | – Sure, yeah. Just… – Thank you. | -没问题 问吧 -谢谢 |
[37:31] | Well… | 其实… |
[37:34] | …speaking of family, | …说到家人 |
[37:36] | I’d like to request some personal leave | 我想要请个假 |
[37:38] | to spend some time with mine. | 和我的家人相处一段时间 |
[37:40] | – Of course. – Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢 |
[37:42] | – Is everything okay? – Yes. Yes. Um… | -一切都还好吗 -很好 |
[37:47] | …I’m going to be a grandmother. | …我就要当奶奶了 |
[37:53] | That’s really… | 这真是… |
[37:54] | that’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[37:56] | – Congratulations. Wow. – Thank you. | -恭喜你 -谢谢 |
[37:58] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:00] | Yeah. My son… | 是啊 我的儿子… |
[38:03] | said something to me today that… | 今天对我说了一些话… |
[38:08] | …I guess I’ve been waiting a very long time to hear. | …一些我已经等了很久的话 |
[38:15] | Whatever you need, we’ll make it work. | 无论你需要什么 我们都会设法办到的 |
[38:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:21] | I mean, that is if you, if you want to make it work. | 我是说 如果你想要这样做的话 |
[38:24] | Ma’am? | 国务卿 |
[38:28] | Something tells me you’re not coming back from that leave. | 我感觉你似乎不想回来上班了 |
[38:35] | I thought I needed time to think about it, but… | 我以为我需要时间考虑 但是… |
[38:39] | you’re right. No. | 你是对的 不 |
[38:42] | I won’t be coming back from that leave. | 我不会再回来上班了 |
[38:46] | I love public service, but it’s gotten so vicious. | 我喜欢公务员工作 但它变得好恶毒 |
[38:51] | Oh, and this pointless government shutdown. | 还有这毫无意义的政府关停 |
[38:55] | Conspiracy mongering. | 兜售阴谋 |
[38:57] | Careful. You’re talking to a murderess, remember? | 小心 你可是在和一个杀人凶手讲话 还记得吗 |
[39:01] | Right. Right. | 对 |
[39:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:05] | Somehow, we’ve become our own worst enemy. | 我们变成了自己最大的敌人 |
[39:09] | And I don’t want to spend the rest of my career fighting. | 我不想将我余下的职业生涯花在斗争上 |
[39:19] | Well, I-I’ve become very dependent on you, Nadine. | 我已经非常依赖你了 纳丁 |
[39:24] | And as much as I’d like to beg you to stay, | 虽然我很想求你留下来 |
[39:27] | sounds like you know what you want in your heart. | 但你似乎知道自己最想要什么 |
[39:30] | You’re gonna be someone’s grandma. | 你想做一个奶奶 |
[39:35] | Well, it’s, it’s very gracious of you, Madam Secretary. | 您真是太理解我了 国务卿女士 |
[39:41] | Well, we made a damn good team. | 我们是个好团队 |
[39:44] | Yes, we did. | 没错 |
[39:46] | And it has been my great honor to serve you. | 能为您服务我感到非常荣幸 |
[39:52] | The honor has been mine. | 该荣幸的是我 |
[39:54] | Now brace yourself. | 振作起来 |
[39:55] | I’m going to hug you. | 我要抱抱你 |
[40:05] | Thank you, Nadine, for everything. | 谢谢你 纳丁 为所有的事 |
[40:07] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[40:09] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[40:13] | – Shall we? – Mm. | -走吧 -好 |
[40:29] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[40:30] | I really appreciate you all indulging me here for a few moments | 很感谢大家给我这几分钟的时间 |
[40:35] | when I’m sure you’d rather be at home with your loved ones, | 我肯定你们更希望待在家里与所爱的人在一起 |
[40:38] | figuring out what comes next. | 商量今后的打算 |
[40:41] | Or at the very least, at a bar with your colleagues, | 至少 也会和同事们去酒吧 |
[40:43] | cursing the day you turned down that job on Wall Street | 抱怨你们拒绝了华尔街的工作 |
[40:46] | to work in government. | 却要来当公务员 |
[40:49] | Well, that commitment is what I want to talk to you about tonight. | 我今晚就想要谈谈这种献身精神 |
[40:55] | Our work isn’t political. | 我们的工作并非政治工作 |
[40:58] | Our work is representing the interests and values | 而是竭尽全力表现美国的 |
[41:01] | of the United States to the best of our ability. | 利益和价值 |
[41:05] | And let me be clear that in that effort, | 在这方面我想明确一下 |
[41:08] | not one of you are nonessential. | 你们每个人都是必要人员 |
[41:13] | This department and this nation and the world | 国务院和美国乃至世界 |
[41:16] | will be poorer for your absence. | 都会因你们的离去而黯然失色 |
[41:21] | As for myself, each one of you pushes me | 对我自己而言 你们每个人每天 |
[41:25] | to be better every single day. | 都督促我变得更好 |
[41:29] | And I will be counting the days until you return, | 我会数着你们离开的日子 |
[41:33] | especially the guy who wrote this speech. | 特别是写这篇讲稿的人 |
[41:36] | He-He put that line in the speech, by the way. | 是他自己把这句话放在讲稿里的 |
[41:42] | All of you, | 你们所有人 |
[41:45] | you chose to be here because you believed in something | 你们选择在这里工作 因为你们心中的信念 |
[41:45] | 太阳能电池组 充电管理 | |
[41:47] | larger than yourselves. | 高于自己 |
[41:50] | That sense of duty and service is, well, | 我认为 这种责任感和服务意识是 |
[41:54] | particularly in today’s egotistical culture, | 英雄主义的真正诠释 |
[41:57] | in my mind, truly heroic. | 特别是在现在以自我为中心的文化里 |
[42:03] | And so, on behalf of myself | 所以 我代表我自己 |
[42:07] | and the people of the United States, | 和美国全体人民 |
[42:09] | I say to each and every one of you a heartfelt thank you. | 向你们每个人衷心说一声谢谢 |
[42:21] | Until we see each other again… | 在我们再见面之前 |
[42:24] | good night and good luck. | 晚安并好运 |