时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | You’re ready early. | 你起的挺早 |
[00:06] | Have you seen a report on economic growth | 有没有看见一份关于中亚地区的 |
[00:08] | in Central Asia? I… | 经济增长的报告 我 |
[00:10] | Thought you fell asleep with it last night. | 我还以为你昨晚抱着它睡的呢 |
[00:12] | No, it’s not up there. | 没有 楼上没有 |
[00:14] | Call me a dummy, but I thought the government shutdown’s | 可能是我脑子不好 但我以为政府停摆 |
[00:16] | supposed to slow things down a little bit? | 应该会让节奏变慢一点 |
[00:18] | Well, it turns out when Congress attacks foreign aid | 事实证明当国会攻击国外援助 |
[00:23] | and furloughs a third of my staff, | 并且让我三分之一的职员停薪休假时 |
[00:25] | it’s not much of a vacation. | 这已经算不上什么假期了 |
[00:27] | Sorry, I’m not snapping at you. | 抱歉 我不是在冲你发火 |
[00:29] | It’s okay there, tiger. | 没事的 小老虎 |
[00:31] | I understand the frustration. | 我理解你很沮丧 |
[00:32] | Two weeks of one senator | 一个参议员 |
[00:34] | holding the entire government hostage | 通过消除国债的理念 |
[00:36] | over some ideological notion | 挟持整个政府 |
[00:38] | of eliminating the national debt? | 整整两周时间 |
[00:42] | We’re two days out from Paris, babe. | 我们两天后就去巴黎了 宝贝 |
[00:43] | – Smell the butter. – Oh, sure. | -想想黄油的味道 -当然 |
[00:45] | You can be all Zen about it– | 你当然能泰然处之 |
[00:46] | your budget wasn’t affected. | 毕竟影响的不是你的预算 |
[00:49] | “Intelligence is essential for national security,” | 对于国家安全来说情报工作是至关重要的 |
[00:53] | but international programs that save lives– | 但是救治生命的国际项目 |
[00:56] | the world’s most vulnerable gov… ernment… Wow. | 世界上最脆弱的政府 |
[01:01] | I booked us a table at this beautiful little place | 我在蒙马特漂亮的小餐厅给我们 |
[01:03] | – in Montmartre. – Oh, that’s good. | -订了位置 -太好了 |
[01:06] | And you’re gonna get all the churches | 你会在我开会的时候 |
[01:07] | our of your system while I’m at the conference, right, | 把所有的教堂都研究完 对吗 |
[01:10] | so we can have all day Sunday? | 所以周日我们一整天都能在一起了 |
[01:11] | Well, there is a mass on Sunday at St. Gervais, | 周日圣热尔韦教堂有点事 |
[01:14] | which I’m totally skipping | 但我不会去 |
[01:15] | so that we can order room service | 所以我们可以叫个客房服务 |
[01:16] | Okay, good. We can have croissants on the balcony. | 很好 我们可以在阳台上品尝牛角面包 |
[01:19] | Afternoon walk in the Tuileries. | 下午在杜伊勒里宫散个步 |
[01:21] | Mm. And I want to get that hot chocolate | 我还想去游客很多的地方 |
[01:23] | from the place with all the tourists. Oh… | 喝杯热巧克力 |
[01:25] | Oh, go deeper. Right there, even deeper. | 再深一点 就是那里 再深点 |
[01:29] | Jace. | 小杰 |
[01:30] | Mom just has a few kinks. | 老妈只是肩上有些结 |
[01:31] | – Come back. – No, Dad… | -回来 -别说了 爸 |
[01:33] | No, it’s-it’s worse when you talk about it. | 你还不如不说 |
[01:35] | – Don’t… – Come here. Come here. | -别 -过来 过来 |
[01:38] | I’m gonna miss you this weekend. | 这周末我会想你的 |
[01:40] | Listen, don’t worry because Stevie and Ali will be here… | 别担心 斯蒂芬和艾莉森会过来 |
[01:43] | No, don’t say “Babysit.” | 别说是给我当保姆的 |
[01:43] | Hey, he’s 16 years old. | 他已经十六岁了 |
[01:44] | I was just going to say | 我是准备说 |
[01:47] | “To peer supervise.” | 相互监督 |
[01:51] | so I’m doing a big report on U.S. History right now | 我现在在做一个关于美国历史的报告 |
[01:53] | on the CIA, | 到中情局部分了 |
[01:54] | and I’m not asking you any questions you can’t answer, | 我不会问任何你们不能回答的问题 |
[01:57] | but if there’s any help you can get me | 但是如果你们在下周三之前能在 |
[01:59] | between now and next Wednesday that’s not gonna compromise | 不违反安全许可的情况下 |
[02:02] | your security clearance, | 帮助我的话 |
[02:03] | it might help me get an “A.” | 我应该能拿到A |
[02:05] | Not that I’m begging. | 我可不是在求你们 |
[02:07] | Sure, I’d love to sit down and talk about it. | 没问题 我很愿意坐下和你聊聊 |
[02:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[02:11] | How’s, uh… | 那 |
[02:12] | I don’t know, how about tonight? | 我不知道 今晚如何 |
[02:14] | Awesome. Thanks. | 太棒了 谢谢 |
[02:15] | You know what would be great for this is, | 我有个很好的主意 |
[02:16] | uh, the Spy Museum. | 间谍博物馆 |
[02:18] | That is an excellent idea. | 这个主意非常棒 |
[02:20] | I’ve been meaning to check it out. | 我是说去那里看看 |
[02:21] | I’m sure I could learn a thing or two myself. | 我应该能学到点东西 |
[02:24] | Oh, right, because you have no experience in intelligence. | 对 因为你在情报工作方面毫无经验 |
[02:27] | I have some time this afternoon, | 我下午有时间 |
[02:28] | like 4 o’clock, you want to meet there? | 比如四点 你想在那见面吗 |
[02:31] | Yeah. Cool. | 当然 很棒 |
[02:33] | All right. | 好 |
[02:34] | Look at the two of you bonding over espionage. | 看看你们 因为间谍活动而兴趣相投 |
[02:37] | It’s the D.C. Equivalent of building a pinewood derby car. | 分明就是小巫见大巫 |
[02:42] | Oh, ah… Look at that. | 看看 |
[02:43] | Look at that catch. | 看看这接球 |
[02:49] | Something elevator-worthy? | 有什么重要到电梯口的事情吗 |
[02:50] | Itinerary for the Global Economic Conference | 这周末在巴黎的 |
[02:51] | in Paris this weekend, | 全球经济大会的行程计划 |
[02:53] | top five résumés for your new chief of staff, | 新幕僚长的最佳的五个人选 |
[02:55] | and a latte, extra foam. | 还有一杯拿铁 多泡的 |
[02:58] | Oh, that is definitely elevator-worthy. | 那必须值了 |
[03:00] | But you didn’t pay for this out of your own money, did you? | 但你不会是自己掏钱买的吧 是吗 |
[03:01] | There’s a slush fund for essentials, ma’am. | 有贿赂基金以备不时之需 国务卿 |
[03:05] | Beginning to wonder if I need those résumés, Blake. | 我开始考虑是否需要这些简历了 布莱克 |
[03:08] | No, no, please don’t joke. | 千万别 请不要开玩笑 |
[03:10] | Just filling in for Nadine during this shutdown | 在停摆期间替纳丁填这些表格 |
[03:12] | is giving me a stress rash. | 简直让我抓狂 |
[03:14] | Put in some years in the field | 在这个领域实战几年 |
[03:16] | or making policy, and you, too… | 制定些计划 你行的 |
[03:20] | – I mean it. – Yeah. | -我是认真的 -是的 |
[03:20] | – You could do it. – I’ve seen these résumés. | -你能的 -我已经看过这些简历了 |
[03:22] | But my mother thanks you for believing in me. | 但是我妈妈感谢你相信我 |
[03:24] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:25] | – Morning. – Morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[03:30] | I am not used to how empty it is in here. | 我还不习惯这里如此冷清 |
[03:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:34] | It’s like we missed the last chopper out of Saigon. | 就像我们错过了离开西贡的最后一架直升机 |
[03:37] | Office of the Secretary of State. | 国务卿办公室 |
[03:39] | That’s a little grim. | 挺让人不安的 |
[03:41] | Sorry, I was just on with my ex-mother-in-law. | 抱歉 刚才我和我的前岳母通话 |
[03:44] | Abby’s at a work conference this week, | 艾比这周要参加工作大会 |
[03:45] | which I told her she could go to months ago, | 几个月前我告诉她可以去的 |
[03:47] | but now the state’s day care is shut down, | 但是现在州立日托也关了 |
[03:50] | and I’m leaning on her mom pretty hard. | 就都要靠她妈妈照顾了 |
[03:52] | Well, that sounds sticky. | 听起来挺棘手的 |
[03:56] | You know what they don’t do at Diplotots? | 知道他们在日托中心没做到什么吗 |
[03:58] | Give me passive-aggressive guilt trips | 让我对我的工作时间 |
[04:01] | about my work hours. | 产生负罪感 |
[04:05] | You know what? Bring Chloe in tomorrow. | 这样吧 明天带克洛伊来上班 |
[04:09] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对啊 |
[04:11] | I mean, why not? | 为什么不能呢 |
[04:13] | We could use a little life around here. | 我们可以在这享受一下生活 |
[04:17] | Hey, will you, uh, do me a favor | 你能帮我个忙 |
[04:19] | and take a look at these résumés, will you? | 看下这些简历吗 |
[04:21] | Sure. New chief of staff? | 当然 新的幕僚长吗 |
[04:23] | Well… Ooh, not him. | 他不行 |
[04:25] | Big blur of accomplishments. | 成就方面有污点 |
[04:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:30] | I think I have to figure out | 我觉得我得弄清楚 |
[04:32] | what it is I’m looking for. | 我需要的是什么 |
[04:34] | Okay. What are you looking for? | 那你需要的是什么 |
[04:37] | Well, you know… | 你知道的 |
[04:40] | a total pro who’s called to serve. | 一个响应国家召唤的专业人士 |
[04:44] | Team player, but also a leader. | 善于团队合作 同时需要有领导能力 |
[04:47] | And then… | 然后 |
[04:49] | something else. | 一些别的 |
[04:52] | – I don’t know. – My money’s on the head of the Committee | -我不知道 -我选人权委员会会长 |
[04:54] | for Human Rights. She’s essentially Nadine 2.0., | 她就是顶着创意专家光环的 |
[04:57] | complete with “Creative professional” styling. | 升级版纳丁 |
[05:00] | Senate Foreign Relations Chief of Staff? | 外交关系参议员参谋长 |
[05:03] | Oh, yeah, that… | 对 那个 |
[05:04] | that came from, uh, from Russell. | 那是拉塞尔推荐的 |
[05:06] | He thinks this guy could give us | 他认为这人能让我们 |
[05:08] | the inside track on Congress. | 在国会取得有利形势 |
[05:11] | We could promote our acting chief of staff. | 我们可以提拔我们的代理参谋长 |
[05:13] | Wh-what? Really? You want the guy | 什么 真的吗 你想要那个 |
[05:15] | who does coffee and phone calls | 负责冲咖啡和接电话的家伙 |
[05:17] | in charge of setting the U.S. foreign policy agenda? | 负责设定美国的对外政策议程吗 |
[05:20] | This is like that nightmare where I walk on stage naked | 这简直是我裸体走到一出我从未听过的 |
[05:23] | in a play I’ve never heard of. | 表演的舞台上面那样的一场噩梦 |
[05:25] | He’s getting a stress rash. | 他要抓狂了 |
[05:27] | Yes. Can we please just sit down? | 没错 我们能坐下来吗 |
[05:29] | Okay, there has been a surge of protests | 想进入美国学习 但由于 |
[05:32] | from international students attempting to enter the U.S. | 签证项目暂停而无法入境的 |
[05:35] | to begin their studies, who are unable to | 国际学生发起了一场 |
[05:38] | due to the suspension of the visa programs. | 大规模的抗议 |
[05:41] | Getting pressure from Commerce, too. | 商业部也在给我们施压 |
[05:42] | They’re asking for special visas for highly skilled workers. | 他们要求给高技能人才特殊签证 |
[05:45] | Well, we can tell Commerce to put pressure on Congress. | 我们可以让商业部的人去给国会施压 |
[05:49] | They’re the ones shutting down the government. | 是他们决定政府停摆的 |
[05:51] | There have been several cases of Ebola diagnosed | 在塞拉利昂有不少确诊的 |
[05:54] | – in Sierra Leone. -That’s horrifying. | -埃博拉病例 -太可怕了 |
[05:55] | Who do we have on it? | 谁负责这件事 |
[05:56] | Ambassador Henderson was the Ebola Coordinator in 2014, | 亨德森大使在2014年是埃博拉的协调者 |
[05:59] | but she’s on furlough, so we can’t even reach out | 但是她被停薪休假了 所以我们连她一连串的 |
[06:01] | for a list of her international partners | 国际合作伙伴都不能联系 |
[06:02] | or we violate the rules of the shutdown. | 不然就违背停摆规则了 |
[06:11] | You’re not supposed to be home yet. | 现在还没到你回家的时间呢 |
[06:13] | Lovely to see you, too. | 见到你我也很高兴 |
[06:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:16] | This was supposed to be a surprise. | 本应该是个惊喜的 |
[06:18] | It’s steak and kidney pie. | 牛排腰子派 |
[06:20] | Except, you know, with no steak and no kidney. | 除了没有牛排 也没有腰子 |
[06:24] | – That is oddly adorable. – You can just say it. | -你真是异常的可爱 -你可以直说 |
[06:26] | I… I have way too much time on my hands. | 我花了太多时间在工作上 |
[06:29] | Well, I had a thought about that, actually. | 实际上 我有个想法 |
[06:32] | So, it’s my grandmother’s 80th birthday next week. | 下周是我祖母八十岁大寿 |
[06:36] | – Fun grandma or tough grandma? – Imogen. | -有趣的祖母还是难搞的祖母 -伊莫金 |
[06:38] | Fun after a couple of glasses of sherry. | 喝几杯雪莉酒后就有趣了 |
[06:40] | Any case, she offered to fly me out weeks ago, | 不管怎样 她几周前就提出让我飞回去 |
[06:42] | and I said no. | 但我拒绝了 |
[06:43] | But then I was thinking you’re not working… | 然后我想到既然你不用工作了 |
[06:46] | Maybe we could go together. | 也许我们可以一起去 |
[06:48] | I’d use my air miles for your flight. | 可以用我的里程数给你换机票 |
[06:49] | You want to fly to England in less than a week? | 你想在不到一周的时间飞到英国去 |
[06:51] | Oh, I’m sorry to impinge on all of your pie making. | 我很抱歉影响到你做派了 |
[06:55] | It could be good for us, you know. | 对我们来说 这是好事 |
[06:56] | See the family. | 见见家人 |
[06:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:59] | You know, ’cause they love me so much. | 因为他们太爱我 |
[07:01] | They haven’t spent enough time with you. | 他们和你在一起的时间不够 |
[07:03] | Jareth, I don’t know. | 杰瑞斯 我不知道 |
[07:05] | I know you’re miserable in England, so I was thinking | 我知道你在英国很惨 所以我想 |
[07:08] | if at any point anyone’s being horrible to you, | 任何时候如果有人为难你 |
[07:09] | you can just do this. | 你就做这个动作 |
[07:14] | I’ve been working on the gesture. | 我会改进这个动作的 |
[07:15] | Is it a bit much? | 太过了吗 |
[07:17] | Uh, no, I like it. | 不 我挺喜欢的 |
[07:20] | More wrist. | 手腕幅度再大点 |
[07:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:23] | Throw up the distress signal, | 做出这个求救信号 |
[07:24] | I will promptly come rescue you. | 我会立即去拯救你 |
[07:28] | I mean… you know, sure, okay, what the hell? | 好吧 管他呢 |
[07:32] | – Let’s go to England. – Yeah! | -就去英国啦 -太棒啦 |
[07:36] | The British foreign secretary has requested that you… | 英国外交部长要求 |
[07:39] | Morning. Bess, could I have a word? | 早 贝丝 说几句话 |
[07:42] | It’s like a hawk catching a field mouse. | 好像是鹰抓田鼠 |
[07:46] | Are you gonna get that or what? | 你要那个还是什么 |
[07:47] | I’d, uh, offer you some coffee, | 我想给你倒杯咖啡 |
[07:49] | but, well, apparently we don’t have any. | 但 很明显 我们没咖啡 |
[07:52] | I don’t need any help ratcheting up my blood pressure. | 我不需要 我可不想我的血压升高 |
[07:56] | No movement on the budget amendment? | 预算修正案没进展吗 |
[07:58] | Senator Morejon’s got his whole party wrapped up in his web. | 莫雷洪参议员把他整个政党都裹进了网里 |
[08:01] | Or maybe we’re the ones wrapped up, | 或许我们也被裹进去了 |
[08:03] | I get lost in the metaphors. | 我迷失在比喻中了 |
[08:05] | We offered to put Conrad’s VA hospital on hold, | 我们提议暂停康拉德的退伍军人医院 |
[08:08] | agreed to a pay freeze for senior civil servants… | 同意冻结高级公务员的工资 |
[08:11] | Oh, yeah, ’cause they’re so overpaid. | 因为他们工资太高了 |
[08:13] | They still want to gut Medicaid and housing, education… | 他们还想砍掉医疗补助和住房补助 教育 |
[08:15] | Well, I’m guessing this isn’t the time, then, | 那我想现在不是时候 |
[08:18] | to ask for emergency funds | 要求应急基金 |
[08:20] | to stop another outbreak of Ebola in West Africa… | 阻止西非埃博拉病毒的新一轮爆发 |
[08:23] | Not until we take care of Morejon. | 等到我们料理了莫雷洪 |
[08:27] | Research has it that the rest of his cabal caves | 研究表明如果我们除掉他们的黑暗领袖 |
[08:30] | if we can take out their dark leader. | 他剩余的阴谋集团也会垮台 |
[08:33] | Do I even want to ask what you’re planning? | 真不想问你在计划什么 |
[08:36] | It’s a multiple-front assault. | 这是个多方攻击 |
[08:37] | Everyone’s got a part to play. | 每个人都有自己的角色 |
[08:39] | What’s the one thing you have and Morejon doesn’t? | 什么东西是你有而莫雷洪没有的 |
[08:41] | A conscience? | 良心 |
[08:43] | An approval rating. | 支持率 |
[08:45] | No, I don’t have the instincts for this. | 不 我可没有这个天分 |
[08:47] | We’d like to get you out in public… | 我们想让你面向公众 |
[08:48] | – I don’t… …- shining a light on all the ways | -我没 -曝光停摆伤害到了 |
[08:50] | the shutdown hurts the American people. | 美国民众的各个方面 |
[08:52] | Make sure you put the blame squarely on Morejon. | 记得直接归咎于莫雷洪 |
[08:53] | I can’t… | 我不会 |
[08:54] | – I can’t talk politics, Russell. – Why?! | -我不会谈论政治 拉塞尔 -为什么 |
[08:57] | Because I can’t… I can’t, I… | 因为我不会啊 我不会 |
[09:02] | What about the 12% of Americans who think I’m a murderer? | 那12%认为我是杀人犯的民众呢 |
[09:05] | 79% find you likeable for some reason. | 79%的民众出于某种原因喜欢你 |
[09:07] | I’m not asking you to run for office… yet. | 我又没让你参加竞选 目前没有 |
[09:10] | Just get out there. | 就是面对一下媒体 |
[09:11] | Put some public pressure on Morejon. | 给莫雷洪点公众压力 |
[09:13] | He wanted a shutdown. Let him own it. | 他想要停摆 就让他得到 |
[09:14] | I don’t know if you noticed, | 我不知道你有没有注意到 |
[09:16] | but Matt and Daisy, they’re on furlough. | 但马特和黛西 他们被停薪休假 |
[09:18] | I don’t have a communications staff, so… | 我没有负责沟通的员工 所以 |
[09:20] | It’s done, it’s done. | 就这么定了 |
[09:22] | I had my office set up a press conference for 2:00. | 我让我的办公室两点钟召开记者招待会 |
[09:25] | Knock ’em dead. | 干掉他们 |
[09:28] | I thought that was your job. | 我以为那是你的工作 |
[09:33] | I’m on it. | 我来弄 |
[09:39] | I hear you’re headed to Paris tomorrow. | 我听说你明天要去巴黎 |
[09:40] | Yeah, just for the weekend. I’m joining my wife. | 对 就过个周末 和我太太一起 |
[09:42] | I like a nice Bordeaux, in case you are curious. | 我喜欢波尔多葡萄酒 如果你好奇的话 |
[09:45] | I’m not, but thanks. | 我不好奇 谢谢 |
[09:47] | So, you got something on Afghanistan? | 你查到阿富汗什么了吗 |
[09:49] | Agent Nafisa thought she was making first contact | 娜菲莎特工以为她要和 |
[09:51] | with our guy, Osip Bakunin, | 我们要找的人奥西普·巴枯宁首次接触 |
[09:53] | but it turns out he was ready to talk. | 但发现 他已经准备交待了 |
[09:55] | – What’s this? – It’s a complete list of weapons | -这是什么 -完整的武器清单 |
[09:58] | from the last three Russian arms deliveries to the Taliban. | 从最近三次俄国供应给塔利班的武器开始 |
[10:02] | Looks like Alexander chose the right guy to flip. | 看来亚历山大找到了合适的策反人选 |
[10:05] | Hey, how’s he doing? | 他怎么样了 |
[10:06] | – Alexander? – He’s fine. | -亚历山大 -他没事 |
[10:07] | You know, he hates getting stuck at home. | 他讨厌困在家里 |
[10:10] | I know technically we can’t go to him | 我知道严格来说 |
[10:11] | while he’s on furlough, | 停薪休假时我们不能找他 |
[10:12] | but there’s a name in the report– | 但报告里有个名字 |
[10:14] | – the officer who delivered the weapons. – Yeah. Woland. | -供应武器的官员 -沃兰德 |
[10:16] | – Who is this guy? – Exactly. | -他到底是谁 -没错 |
[10:18] | I mean, he’s high-ranking, | 他级别很高 |
[10:20] | but there’s nothing on him anywhere in the IC. | 但重点名单中却没有他的任何信息 |
[10:22] | It could be an alias. | 可能是个化名 |
[10:23] | That’s what we were thinking. | 我们也这么想 |
[10:24] | You know, Alexander might have a take on it. | 亚历山大或许认识他 |
[10:28] | What if I happened to stop by, | 如果我碰巧 顺便过去一趟 |
[10:31] | see him over the weekend? | 周末见他一面 |
[10:32] | Just off the books, run the name by him. | 就私下里 让他查一查这个名字 |
[10:35] | You know what, I’ll take it to him. | 我带过去吧 |
[10:36] | I don’t want you guys | 我不想你们 |
[10:37] | taking any heat for violating the furlough. | 承担违反停薪休假规定的风险 |
[10:39] | Thanks, this is good work. | 谢谢 做得很好 |
[10:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[10:41] | You can repay me with free wine. | 你可以用免费酒报答我 |
[10:44] | The shutdown of the federal government | 莫雷洪参议员提议的预算修正案 |
[10:46] | over Senator Morejon’s proposed budget amendments | 引起联邦政府停摆 |
[10:49] | does far more than postpone travel plans | 所造成的影响不仅是旅游计划的推迟 |
[10:52] | and close public libraries and national parks. | 公共图书馆和国家公园的关停 |
[10:55] | It threatens to plunge us all into a world | 会威胁我们跌入一个 |
[10:58] | further destabilized by conflict and chaos. | 因冲突和战争进一步失衡的世界 |
[11:02] | It is no less than a betrayal of who we are. | 简直有悖于我们的本性 |
[11:07] | I’ll take questions. | 接下来是提问环节 |
[11:10] | J-Janine. | 亚尼内 |
[11:12] | Secretary McCord, | 国务卿麦考德 |
[11:13] | how would you answer Senator Morejon’s charge | 莫雷洪参议员指控 |
[11:15] | that your many global trade agreements | 你的很多国际贸易协定直接导致了 |
[11:17] | are the direct result of lost jobs here at home? | 国内失业 对此你如何回应 |
[11:20] | These global trade agreements | 这些国际贸易协定 |
[11:22] | were congressionally negotiated and approved. | 是经过国会商讨并同意的 |
[11:25] | Throwing them back at me is just… | 用它们来指责我太过 |
[11:28] | that’s just campaigning. | 只是活动罢了 |
[11:29] | Secretary McCord, do you know | 国务卿麦考德 你是否知道 |
[11:31] | a woman named Rosa Salama, | 一位名叫罗莎·萨拉马的女子 |
[11:33] | who entered the United States as a Honduran refugee? | 作为洪都拉斯难民进入美国 |
[11:36] | I’m… | 我 |
[11:38] | Uh, sorry, I’m not sure; are you asking me | 不好意思 我不确定 你是问我 |
[11:40] | if I know this individual? | 知不知道这个人 |
[11:41] | Rosa Salama was jailed last night in Louisiana | 罗莎·萨拉马昨晚以一级谋杀的罪名 |
[11:44] | on the charges of first degree homicide | 在路易斯安那被捕 |
[11:46] | for shooting and killing an American citizen. | 她开枪杀害了一名美国公民 |
[11:48] | – Can you…? – I’m on it. | -你能 -我这就去 |
[11:49] | How can you defend spending U.S. tax dollars | 把税金花在引进与已知犯罪团伙有关的 |
[11:52] | to bring a murderer with known gang ties to the U.S.? | 杀人犯身上 请问你怎么解释 |
[11:54] | Can I answer the question? | 我能回答吗 |
[11:55] | While I don’t know the particular details of this incident, | 我不知道这一事件的细节 |
[12:00] | I will emphasize that all individuals seeking refuge | 我要强调的是所有到我国寻求庇护的个体 |
[12:04] | in the United States go through extensive vetting… | 都要经过严格的审查 |
[12:07] | The whole thing gets hijacked by some idiot blogger | 整件事被一个脑残的博主引导走向 |
[12:09] | who thinks he scored his big “Gotcha” moment | 他们还以为自己拿到了大事件 |
[12:11] | with a bunch of made-up nonsense! | 实际上是一堆编造的谬论 |
[12:12] | Let’s just get the details of the case. | 我们还是看看这一事件的细节吧 |
[12:15] | Blake’s on with Shreveport PD right now. | 布莱克正和什里夫波特警局联系 |
[12:17] | And if I didn’t say this before, | 如果我还没说过 |
[12:19] | I’m-I’m extremely sorry, ma’am. | 我真的很抱歉 国务卿 |
[12:21] | Wha… | 什 |
[12:22] | We’re all doing the best that we can without Daisy here. | 戴西不在 我们已经尽全力了 |
[12:24] | Let’s stay on top of the story. | 咱们还是关注这一事件吧 |
[12:27] | I mean, I’m supposed to be putting pressure on Morejon | 我本应该给莫雷洪制造压力 |
[12:30] | to end the shutdown, not giving him more ammunition. | 来结束停摆 不是给他更多的把柄 |
[12:34] | Ma’am, Russell Jackson’s on line one. | 国务卿 拉塞尔·杰克逊在一号电话线 |
[12:38] | Yeah, I’m sure he is. | 我就知道 |
[12:53] | I didn’t totally fail to change the narrative, did I? | 对于改变舆论走向 我没有完全失败吧 |
[12:57] | You shifted it, definitely. | 你绝对改变了 |
[12:58] | Yeah. From an inspiring defense of foreign policy | 没错 从令人振奋的捍卫外交政策 |
[13:01] | to right-wing refugee panic. | 变成右翼难民恐慌 |
[13:04] | Okay, what-what, why? | 什么 为什么 |
[13:05] | Water glasses go on the left. | 水杯在左边 |
[13:06] | Which makes no sense | 对于习惯用右手的人来说根本没道理 |
[13:07] | for right-handed people. I don’t even know why it’s a thing. | 我就不知道这为啥是个事儿 |
[13:09] | I– just… Russell Jackson’s right. | 我 拉塞尔·杰克逊是对的 |
[13:10] | I got spun by a blogger. | 我被个博主弄得晕头转向 |
[13:12] | This is why I hate politics. | 这就是我讨厌政治的原因 |
[13:15] | Mom, the only people retweeting that clip | 妈 转发那条视频的人 |
[13:17] | are other reporters. | 只有其他记者 |
[13:18] | There’s a clip? | 还有视频 |
[13:19] | Can we eat? Alison! | 我们能吃饭了吗 艾莉森 |
[13:20] | Coming. We have veggie sauce and non-veggie. | 来了 我们有素酱还有非素酱 |
[13:24] | And for what it’s worth, Mom, | 妈 无论如何 |
[13:26] | if anyone was talking about it at school, | 如果学校里有人在讨论的话 |
[13:28] | all they would be saying is how obviously racist | 他们说的都是那个问题 |
[13:30] | that stupid question was. | 明显是种族歧视 |
[13:32] | I love having you home. | 你在家真是太好了 |
[13:33] | At least you get to escape to Paris. | 至少你能跑去巴黎 |
[13:35] | Oh, where they know nothing of refugee panic? Ow! | 那的人可不知道难民恐慌吧 |
[13:38] | Looks like I’m gonna be traveling, too. | 我也要出行了 |
[13:40] | Um, Jareth invited me to his grandmother’s | 杰瑞斯邀请我去英国 |
[13:43] | 80th birthday celebration in England, so… | 参加他祖母的八十大寿 |
[13:46] | – Ooh, well, that’s fun. – Well, that’s cool. | -不错 -挺好的 |
[13:46] | When do you go? | 你们什么时候去 |
[13:47] | We haven’t booked our flight yet, but probably this weekend, | 我们还没定航班 但可能是这周末 |
[13:50] | – or maybe Monday. – Whoa. Soon. | -或者周一 -好快 |
[13:51] | Yeah, it’s kind of a last-minute idea, | 对啊 有点是临时决定 |
[13:53] | ’cause I’m on furlough and everything, but honestly, | 因为我在无薪休假 但说实话 |
[13:55] | I’m just really dreading seeing his family again. | 我超级害怕再见他家人 |
[13:57] | Look, if your mom can win over my family, | 如果你妈能赢得我家人的喜欢 |
[13:59] | you can win over those Brits. | 你也能赢得那些英国人 |
[14:00] | It’s all about flatter and pivot. | 多说些好话 灵活些就行 |
[14:02] | Say something sweet– it has to be true– | 说些好听的 但得是真话 |
[14:04] | and then, boom, you’re out of there. | 然后 砰 你就没事了 |
[14:06] | So does this mean I’ll be all on my own this weekend? | 那么 这周末是不是就我一个人了 |
[14:09] | – No. – No. Ali will be here. | -不 -不是的 艾莉会留下 |
[14:10] | Yeah, but you’re not granting her | 是 不过你不会让她 |
[14:12] | any actual authority over me. | 来管我吧 |
[14:13] | Oh, you wait and see. I’m totally policing your game time. | 你等着看吧 我肯定会约束你玩游戏的 |
[14:15] | What? Wait, no. This is a flagrant abuse of power. | 什么 不行 这绝对是滥用权力 |
[14:18] | Okay, stop the uprising. | 行了 别吵了 |
[14:21] | We’ll call it mutual supervision. | 就算是互相监督吧 |
[14:22] | See, Mom? | 老妈 你看 |
[14:24] | You still got it. | 你还是能搞定的 |
[14:27] | There’s a new threat to the American people. | 美国人民有了新的威胁 |
[14:29] | Elizabeth McCord and her team of Washington elites | 伊丽莎白·麦考德和她在华盛顿的精英们 |
[14:32] | – want to spend your tax dollars… – “Washington elites.” | -想用你们交的税钱 -“华盛顿精英们” |
[14:34] | bringing gangsters and criminals across our borders. | 把歹徒和罪犯通过边境引入我们国家 |
[14:36] | She calls it “Refuge.” | 她管着叫”避难” |
[14:38] | But when they turn their weapons on us, | 可当他们把枪口对准我们的时候 |
[14:41] | Senator Carlos Morejon calls it what it is: murder. | 卡洛斯·莫雷洪参议员称他们是凶手 |
[14:45] | It’s time to send Globalist McCord a message: | 是时候该告诉全球主义者麦考德了 |
[14:47] | this land is our land. | 这是我们的底盘 |
[14:50] | I hate it when they give away the whole movie | 我很讨厌在预告片里 |
[14:51] | in the trailer. | 就把整部电影讲完了 |
[14:53] | – Jay? – I’m calling the FEC. | -杰伊 -我要给联邦选举委员会打电话 |
[14:54] | That has to be a violation. | 这肯定是违反规定了 |
[14:56] | It’s Morejon’s own PAC. | 这是莫雷洪自己的政治行动委员会 |
[14:57] | It’s perfectly legal. | 完全合法 |
[15:00] | He’s still trying to justify the shutdown. | 他还在为政府关停找借口 |
[15:02] | All you did was defend diplomacy and humanitarian aid. | 你只是在维护外交政策和人道主义援助 |
[15:07] | We don’t offer refuge to criminals. | 我们并没有想罪犯提供避难 |
[15:09] | Rosa Salama fired in self-defense. | 罗莎·萨拉马开枪是为了自卫 |
[15:11] | Did I mention I hate politics? | 我有说过我讨厌政治吗 |
[15:14] | What about a counter ad, okay? | 我们来个反击广告怎么样 |
[15:16] | – Hi, Dada! – Hi. | -爸爸 -你好 |
[15:17] | Citing… citing the crime rate for all refugees, | 提一下 提一下所有难民的犯罪率 |
[15:21] | which is virtually nonexistent. | 基本是零 |
[15:22] | Let’s get the details of the case out there. | 把这件事做一个全面的了解 |
[15:24] | We need positive, | 我们需要正能量 |
[15:27] | inspiring refugee stories. | 能鼓舞人心的难民故事 |
[15:29] | I mean, that can’t be hard. Okay? | 应该不会太难吧 |
[15:30] | Your next interview’s here. | 你要面试的人来了 |
[15:31] | – We’ll get into it. – Thanks, guys. | -我们来处理 -谢谢你们 |
[15:34] | Hey, you! | 小家伙 |
[15:35] | Come here, you little Washington elite. | 过来 你这个华盛顿的小精英 |
[15:37] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[15:41] | This place is not so bad. | 这地方不错啊 |
[15:42] | Not at all. | 非常好 |
[15:44] | I’ll admit, I… I didn’t come much with an open mind. | 我承认 我之前并没有敞开心扉 |
[15:48] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:48] | You know, Greg, my primary counselor, says that | 格雷格 我的主治医生 他说 |
[15:51] | I need to accept that there are problems I can’t fix myself. | 我需要接受我自己有问题这个事实 |
[15:55] | And it makes me stronger to accept help. | 而且接受别人的帮助会让我更强大 |
[15:57] | Well, given everything you’ve been through, | 鉴于你所经历的这些事 |
[15:59] | it’s not hard to understand why that’s difficult. | 我也不难理解 这对你来说很不易 |
[16:01] | There’s so much more to see when you lift your head | 当你意识到你眼前的问题后 |
[16:03] | from the problems right in front of you. You know? | 你的心境就会不一样了 |
[16:06] | I’m like a giraffe, | 就像是长颈鹿 |
[16:08] | putting my head above the trees for the first time. | 第一次让我的头高过了大树 |
[16:11] | It’s beautiful. | 风景很美 |
[16:13] | Glad it’s helping. | 很高兴对你有帮助 |
[16:16] | Thank you for coming to see me. | 谢谢你来看我 |
[16:18] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[16:19] | I have to tell you, | 跟你说件事 |
[16:23] | one of my steps is to make a list of the people I’ve hurt. | 医生要求我列一张我伤害过的人的名单 |
[16:27] | And the second name on that list | 上面第一个是我姐姐 |
[16:29] | after my sister’s was yours. | 第二个就是你 |
[16:32] | Come on. | 不是吧 |
[16:33] | I-I put you at great risk with my arrogance. | 因为我的自大 让你陷入了很危险的境地 |
[16:36] | After all you’ve done for me. | 可你却为我付出了那么多 |
[16:39] | Let’s just say that… | 我也得承认 |
[16:41] | I have my share to account for as well. | 这也有我的责任 |
[16:44] | You gave me my life, Henry. | 你给了我生命 亨利 |
[16:47] | Even if I can’t get my job back, | 即使我不能再回去工作了 |
[16:49] | I will always be grateful to you. | 我也一直都会感恩于你 |
[16:51] | If you keep making such good progress, | 如果你能一直恢复得这么好 |
[16:53] | there’s no reason to believe you can’t come back to work. | 你可能能回来工作的 |
[16:56] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[16:57] | to that end, | 有个事 |
[16:59] | would you mind if I ran something by you? | 介不介意帮我查个东西 |
[17:02] | A name came up with some intel we got from Bakunin. | 我们从巴枯宁的情报中发现一个名字 |
[17:07] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[17:09] | This guy… | 这个人 |
[17:13] | Woland. | 沃兰德 |
[17:14] | We have no record of him anywhere | 我们在俄罗斯高级官员里 |
[17:16] | in the upper Russian ranks. | 没有这个人的任何资料 |
[17:20] | It’s Yarmolinsky. | 他叫亚莫里斯基 |
[17:21] | Andrei Yarmolinsky. | 安德烈·亚莫里斯基 |
[17:22] | It’s a reference to his favorite novel | 化名来自他最喜欢的小说 |
[17:24] | The Master and Margarita | 《大师和玛格丽特》 |
[17:26] | by Mikhail Bulgakov. | 米哈伊尔·布尔加科夫写的 |
[17:30] | Professor Woland is basically Satan. | 沃兰德教授简直是个魔鬼 |
[17:33] | That’s quite a reference. | 这个指代可不一般 |
[17:35] | – You feel sure? – Of course. | -你确定吗 -当然 |
[17:37] | He’s a high-level operative for GRU, | 他是格勒乌的高级特工 |
[17:39] | and he happens to be General Doroshevich’s cousin. | 而且他正好是多罗沙维奇将军的表兄 |
[17:41] | Yes, I’m sure. | 所以 我很确定 |
[17:43] | Thanks for your help. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[17:45] | Of course. | 没事的 |
[17:47] | I, uh… | 我 |
[17:49] | come see me any time you need help. | 有事尽管来找我 |
[17:53] | I should get back. | 我该回去了 |
[18:11] | How was the interview? | 面试得怎么样 |
[18:13] | Another super-accomplished candidate | 又是一个很厉害的候选者 |
[18:16] | who really wants the job. | 非常想要这份工作 |
[18:19] | I’m sensing ambivalence. | 你好像很矛盾 |
[18:21] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 是啊 |
[18:24] | I just wasn’t feeling it, you know? | 我就是没感觉 |
[18:26] | Then again, I wasn’t feeling it with Nadine at first, | 不过我一开始对纳丁 |
[18:28] | either, so… | 也没感觉 所以 |
[18:32] | Where’s Chloe? | 克洛伊呢 |
[18:33] | Taking a nap. | 睡午觉 |
[18:34] | At least, in theory. | 至少应该是 |
[18:35] | Not sure she’s feeling it, either. | 不知道她睡没睡着 |
[18:37] | So, I found something. | 我发现了点东西 |
[18:39] | Ma… Mama! | 妈 妈妈 |
[18:41] | It’s a… it’s a… | 是一处 是一处 |
[18:44] | a toy manufacturing plant in Peoria, Illinois. | 在伊利诺斯州皮奥瑞亚的玩具工厂 |
[18:48] | The owner employs a huge percentage | 工厂老板雇佣了很多 |
[18:50] | of Honduran immigrants making giggledoodles. | 洪都拉斯移民来制造笑娃娃 |
[18:53] | Ooh! I had one of those. | 我就有一个 |
[18:55] | See, those are just the kind of happy associations… | 能够在照相的时候 |
[18:56] | – Mama! – that could… play well on camera. | -妈妈 -笑得很开心的那种 |
[18:59] | We could set up a tour with a small gaggle of press. | 我们可以组织小规模的记者团去参观 |
[19:02] | – Yeah. – Jay. | -是的 -杰伊 |
[19:02] | – Chloe… – Yeah. I’m on it. – Yeah. | -克洛伊 -交给我了 -好的 |
[19:03] | – I’m on it. Yes? – Fine. Yeah. | -交给我了 -好的 |
[19:05] | – Yes? – Yeah. Listen, | -什么事 -听我说 |
[19:06] | will you set up a tour of that toy factory in Peoria? | 你去组织参观皮奥瑞亚的玩具工厂 |
[19:10] | Okay? Maybe invite some press, and… | 好吧 可以叫一些媒体 |
[19:14] | We’ll do it Monday, first thing. Okay? | 周一先做这件事 好吗 |
[19:16] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[19:21] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[19:22] | As your acting chief of staff, | 作为你的代理幕僚长 |
[19:24] | I feel it’s my duty to suggest this event might play better | 我觉得我有责任向您建议 在媒体方面 |
[19:27] | in the press than, I don’t know, | 这件事可能会比 |
[19:29] | a global economic conference in Paris? | 在巴黎召开的全球经济会议更有效果 |
[19:37] | Somewhere, Russell Jackson just got a warm, fuzzy feeling. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊现在应该能感到非常暖心 |
[19:41] | You’re totally right. | 你说得很对 |
[19:42] | Okay. Call Deputy Secretary Cushing. | 好的 给副国务卿库欣打电话 |
[19:45] | Tell him that he’s going to the conference. | 跟他说让他去参加经济会议 |
[19:47] | Let’s do Peoria tomorrow. | 我们明天去皮奥瑞亚 |
[19:49] | And find out where Russell Jackson is. | 搞清楚拉塞尔·杰克逊在哪 |
[19:52] | So you can ambush him without warning, I hope? | 这样就可以给他突然袭击了吗 |
[19:56] | Who am I kidding? We always call first. | 我在骗谁呢 我们都会先打电话的 |
[19:57] | Blake, Blake, what’d you do with the wipeys? | 布莱克 布莱克 湿巾在哪 |
[19:59] | The bag underneath the desk? | 桌子下面的包里面 |
[20:07] | Oh, man, man, man. Yo, thank you so much. | 伙计 伙计 非常感谢 |
[20:09] | Uncle Matthew to the rescue. | 马修叔叔来救你了 |
[20:11] | Hey, Chloe. | 你好 克洛伊 |
[20:13] | Hey, what’s this guy? | 这是谁啊 |
[20:14] | Thanks for getting me past security. | 谢谢你让我通过安检 |
[20:15] | Pretty serious about the furlough. | 他们对停薪休假还是挺严肃的 |
[20:17] | Are you sure you’re cool with this | 你确定你愿意干这个吗 |
[20:18] | for the rest of the week, honestly? | 要干到周末 |
[20:19] | Dude, you’re saving me from staring at my novel. | 伙计 这样我就不用盯着我的小说了 |
[20:22] | And I would much rather hang out with my favorite girl. | 而且我宁愿跟我最喜欢的小女生一起玩 |
[20:25] | Don’t tell my niece I said that. | 别告诉我侄女哦 |
[20:26] | So… nap didn’t really happen. | 那个 没怎么睡午觉 |
[20:29] | There’s some leftover squash in there for dinner, | 这里面有点剩的南瓜 可以晚上吃 |
[20:31] | She likes to have it with ham, if you have any. | 她喜欢就着火腿吃 如果有的话 |
[20:32] | Squash and ham? | 南瓜配火腿 |
[20:34] | That’s my favorite, too. | 这也是我最喜欢的 |
[20:36] | I assume you’re all right if we, uh, watch that attack ad | 我想我们可以看一下那条攻击的广告 |
[20:40] | and hash out some media strategy? | 然后想出点媒体方面的对策吧 |
[20:41] | Please send me ideas. Seriously. | 给我点灵感 求你了 |
[20:43] | It’s not like we’re talking shop or anything. | 我们可没有谈公事 |
[20:45] | All right. Fist bump? | 好了 碰一下 |
[20:48] | I’ll see you later. | 一会见 |
[20:50] | All right. 7:00 at the latest. I got to go try and | 好了 最晚七点 我要在 |
[20:52] | stop an Ebola outbreak with no money or staff. | 没钱没人的情况下阻止埃博拉爆发 |
[20:55] | All right. See you soon. Be good. | 再见了 乖乖的 |
[20:58] | Honduran refugees making toys? | 洪都拉斯的难民在生产玩具 |
[21:00] | It reminds Americans that we offer safe sanctuary | 这会告诉美国人民我们提供安全的避难所 |
[21:03] | and hope for a better life. Plus, | 过上更好生活的希望 还有 |
[21:05] | giggledoodles. | 笑娃娃 |
[21:06] | I had one of those. | 我以前有一个 |
[21:07] | See? | 你看 |
[21:09] | I never played with it. | 我从来没玩过 |
[21:12] | We already tried appealing to America’s better angels | 我们已经试过通过新闻发布会 |
[21:14] | with the press conference. | 唤起美国人民的良知 |
[21:15] | That got us an attack ad that’s polling disgustingly well. | 却换来了对方的反击 民众还很喜欢 |
[21:20] | My Spidey-sense says it’s time to go low. | 我的第六感告诉我是时候玩阴的了 |
[21:23] | Do you have something? | 你手上有他什么把柄吗 |
[21:26] | As you know, that’s not always a requirement. | 不一定要有把柄才行 |
[21:29] | So, trick Morejon into thinking | 让莫雷洪以为我们有他的把柄 |
[21:31] | we have something that we don’t and hang him on the cover-up. | 而其实没有 然后让他下不来台 |
[21:36] | Worked with Craig Sterling. | 对付克里格·斯特林挺管用的 |
[21:38] | Not our proudest moment. | 那不是什么光彩的行径 |
[21:43] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[21:45] | Try Santa’s toy factory. | 试试玩具工厂吧 |
[21:47] | Plays a hell of a lot better | 反正会比去一趟 |
[21:48] | than a trip to Paris, anyway. | 巴黎管用得多 |
[21:51] | But if Morejon manages to throw this one | 但如果莫雷洪设法用这事攻击我们 |
[21:53] | back in our face, I’m taking him out. | 我就要除掉他 |
[21:57] | I’ll bring you back a giggledoodle. | 我给你带一个笑娃娃回来 |
[22:08] | Hey, you made it just in time. | 你来得正是时候 |
[22:09] | Oh, that looks good. | 看上去好好吃 |
[22:10] | Smell that. Oh, mac and cheese, baby. | 快来闻闻 芝士通心粉 |
[22:14] | I was gonna make boeuf bourguignon, | 我本来要做红酒炖牛肉的 |
[22:16] | but I switched the menu from Paris to Peoria. | 但我把菜单从巴黎变为皮奥瑞亚 |
[22:19] | No, listen, you-you don’t have to go to this thing. Yeah? | 不 听着 你不一定非要跟我一起来的 |
[22:22] | And miss my weekend with you? | 错过我们的二人周末吗 |
[22:25] | Well, we’re gonna have to trade in | 我们得把我们在蒙马特高地 |
[22:27] | our little table at Montmartre | 订的二人座位 |
[22:29] | for some cute pancake house. | 换到煎饼店去了 |
[22:32] | That’s a sad change in itinerary | 对你这样的全球主义者来说 |
[22:34] | for a globalist like yourself. | 这次行程变更一定让你很难过吧 |
[22:36] | – Mm, is it? – Would you set the table, please? | -真的吗 -你能不能摆好餐具 |
[22:39] | Hey, how was the Spy Museum? | 间谍博物馆怎么样 |
[22:44] | I had to postpone. | 我没去成 |
[22:46] | I needed to go see Alexander at the treatment center. | 我需要去戒毒所看亚历山大 |
[22:48] | Mom! Do you have a carry-on I can borrow? | 妈妈 你有没有登机箱可以借我用用 |
[22:52] | Yeah. | 我有 |
[22:53] | My zipper just broke. | 我的拉链坏了 |
[22:55] | Let me see what I have. | 我给你找找 |
[23:03] | This place has a serious case of the cutes. | 这个地方好可爱 |
[23:06] | Well, wait till you see the bed-and-breakfast we’re in. | 等你看到我们的酒店再说这话吧 |
[23:08] | That’s Angelo Bianchi right here. | 那是安吉洛·比安奇 |
[23:10] | He’s the owner and operator of Whiffle-Whaffle Toys. | 他是薇夫华夫玩具厂的老板和主管 |
[23:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:13] | I’ll see you at– what’s it called? | 一会儿见 那酒店叫什么来着 |
[23:15] | Kettle and Biscuit. | 铁壶饼干酒店 |
[23:16] | – Good luck. – Kettle and Biscuit. | -祝你好运 -铁壶饼干酒店 |
[23:18] | Can you stand it? | 真肉麻 |
[23:19] | Who needs the Champs-Elysées? | 和这个比香榭丽谢又算得了什么呢 |
[23:21] | Hi, Angelo. | 安吉洛 你好 |
[23:23] | Madam Secretary, it’s a pleasure. | 国务卿女士 很荣幸见到您 |
[23:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:25] | On behalf of my employees and staff, | 我代表我的员工 |
[23:27] | welcome to Whiffle-Whaffle Toys. | 欢迎您来到薇夫华夫玩具厂 |
[23:29] | I have something for you. | 我要送您一样东西 |
[23:31] | A giggledoodle! | 一个笑娃娃 |
[23:33] | Just like the one I had as a kid. | 和我小时候玩的一样 |
[23:35] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[23:36] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[23:37] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:41] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[23:43] | Hey, baby girl. Hi. | 你好 小宝贝 |
[23:45] | – I’m so sorry. – No worries, man. It’s cool. | -我很抱歉 -没关系 |
[23:48] | More time for beatboxing, right, Li’l C? | 我可以多玩会儿口技 小C 走起 |
[23:52] | Exactly what Abby’s mom thinks I’m doing with her. | 艾比的妈妈以为我跟她玩这个 |
[23:54] | Ah, I think Grandma is going to be very impressed | 奶奶一定会为你惊人的节奏感 |
[23:57] | – by your sick beats. – Okay. | -感到惊讶的 -好吧 |
[23:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:00] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[24:02] | Uh, y-you know, it’s just, you know… | 你知道的 还… |
[24:04] | Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone, | 塞拉利昂的埃博拉疫情 |
[24:06] | M. Sec’s doing this press thing in Peoria, | 国务卿在皮奥瑞亚做宣传 |
[24:07] | so I had to scramble to cover Paris. It’s just… | 所以我就得去巴黎 这真是… |
[24:09] | So, typical day at State. | 国务院寻常的一天 |
[24:11] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[24:12] | Look, it’s none of my business, | 听着 这和我没关系 |
[24:15] | but it’s obvious M. Sec loves you. | 但国务卿明显很喜欢你 |
[24:17] | She gets family. | 她明白家庭的重要性 |
[24:19] | And I think she can handle you drawing the line. | 我想她会明白你想区分家庭和工作的 |
[24:21] | You think I wanted to work late? | 你以为我想要加班吗 |
[24:23] | I mean, we’re in the middle of a shutdown, so… | 政府正在关门 |
[24:24] | When is it not one crisis after another? | 我们什么时候不是一个危机接着另一个危机 |
[24:27] | I mean, that’s the job. | 这份工作就是这样 |
[24:29] | You can’t be a parent in crisis mode. | 你不能做一个随时处在危机状态的父母 |
[24:32] | You got to know when to say stop. | 你得知道什么时候停止 |
[24:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:38] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[24:39] | Of the nearly 300 employees here | 在皮奥瑞亚薇夫华夫玩具厂的 |
[24:41] | at Peoria’s Whiffle-Whaffle Toy Factory, | 差不多三百多名员工中 |
[24:44] | almost a third are Honduran refugees. | 将近三分之一是洪都拉斯移民 |
[24:46] | They were hired by owner and chief operator, Angelo Bianchi. | 他们被公司的所有者和总经理 安吉洛·比安奇雇佣 |
[24:49] | My grandfather came here from Italy | 我的祖父在1943年从意大利 |
[24:51] | in 1943 with nothing. | 来到这儿 一无所有 |
[24:54] | But thanks to a government program, | 但是由于一个政府项目 |
[24:56] | he got a small loan and started the Whiffle-Whaffle Toy Factory. | 他得到了一小笔资金并开办了薇夫华夫玩具厂 |
[25:00] | So, when I heard about the refugee program, I thought, | 所以当我听说了移民项目 我就想 |
[25:03] | “This is how this whole business got started.” | “我的生意就是这样开始的” |
[25:07] | This is great. | 真是太棒了 |
[25:08] | I know, right? | 我知道 对吗 |
[25:09] | So, I mean, this is the way you move into the future, you know? | 这才是进军未来的方式 |
[25:12] | Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord… | 国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[25:14] | That’s you. | 是你 |
[25:15] | …to visit these Hondurans and see how they’re settling | …拜访了这些洪都拉斯移民 看看他们在新城市中 |
[25:17] | into their new town. | 生活得怎么样 |
[25:18] | When I was a kid, I-I loved my giggledoodle, | 我小时候很喜欢我的笑娃娃 |
[25:22] | which I might have just | 我把我弟弟的笑娃娃 |
[25:23] | permanently borrowed from my brother. | 据为己有 |
[25:25] | I love knowing that giggledoodles are still made | 得知笑娃娃仍然生产于皮奥瑞亚 |
[25:27] | right here in Peoria, | 我很高兴 |
[25:28] | first by Angelo’s grandfather from Italy | 首先是安杰洛来自意大利的祖父 |
[25:31] | and now by a whole new group of Americans. | 现在是一批新的美国人 |
[25:35] | I like to think you’re not just making a classic, American toy. | 我想你们不仅是在制造一种美国的经典玩具 |
[25:39] | You’re making a new America, | 你们也在制造新美国 |
[25:41] | because America was built by immigrants. | 因为美国是由移民建立的 |
[25:44] | And as long as we continue to provide a safe environment | 只要我们继续提供安全的环境 |
[25:48] | for everyone to work and thrive, | 让每个人都能工作和发展 |
[25:52] | well, then we’re building our future. | 我们就是在创建我们的将来 |
[25:57] | Hopefully with a lot of giggledoodles. | 希望将来还有很多笑娃娃 |
[25:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:06] | See, this is politics I actually enjoy. | 我喜欢这样搞政治 |
[26:10] | Here’s to changing the narrative. | 让我们改变舆论吧 |
[26:14] | Blake says, “Don’t check Twitter.” | 布莱克说 “别看推特” |
[26:18] | He knows that’s just gonna make me check Twitter, right? | 他是不是知道这样只会让我更想看 |
[26:20] | Or you could not check Twitter. | 或者你也可以不看 |
[26:24] | I find President Dalton incredibly tone-deaf, | 我觉得道尔顿总统脑筋迟钝 |
[26:26] | that he’s sending his secretary of state out there | 他让他的国务卿去 |
[26:28] | to brag about giving away the few manufacturing jobs left | 吹嘘自己如何把国内仅剩的几个 |
[26:32] | in this country to refugees from Honduras. | 制造业岗位给了洪都拉斯移民 |
[26:42] | Well, I’ll say this: he has impressive response time. | 我只想说 他的反应时间真的好快 |
[26:46] | Uh, yeah, speaking of which, | 说到这里 |
[26:47] | I am turning this off right now | 我要赶紧把手机关掉 免得拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[26:49] | before Russell Jackson calls and totally ruins our night. | 打来电话 毁掉我们的二人之夜 |
[26:53] | Not ruined at all. | 完全没毁掉 |
[26:55] | Here’s to Peoria. | 敬皮奥瑞亚 |
[26:57] | So, what’s it gonna be? | 晚上吃什么 |
[26:59] | Family steak house or barbeque? | 家庭牛排屋还是烧烤 |
[27:01] | Duh. | 得了吧 |
[27:02] | Barbeque. I’m gonna text security. | 那就烧烤吧 我给保安发短信 |
[27:06] | Hey, can I just say one thing so it’s not | 我想再说一件事 |
[27:08] | hanging over me? | 否则我老惦记着 |
[27:09] | Yeah, sure. | 说吧 |
[27:10] | It bothered me that you cancelled on Jason | 你取消了和杰森的活动 |
[27:14] | to go see Dmitri at rehab. | 跑去戒毒所看迪米特里让我很不高兴 |
[27:16] | Alexander. | 亚历山大 |
[27:18] | I’m sure there’s a perfectly good explanation. | 我知道你肯定非常合理的理由 |
[27:21] | I just thought it was crappy for Jason | 我只是觉得这对杰森很不公平 |
[27:23] | and I didn’t want to sit on it. | 我不想憋在心里 |
[27:24] | I didn’t cancel. I postponed. | 我没有取消 我只是推迟了 |
[27:27] | And-and there was a good explanation. | 我有很合理的解释 |
[27:31] | But good enough to let Jason down? | 合理到值得让杰森失望吗 |
[27:33] | Babe, I’m not even sure he noticed. | 亲爱的 我觉得他根本不在意 |
[27:34] | Are you kidding? Did you see how he was | 你开什么玩笑 你没看到我问他时 |
[27:37] | when I asked him? | 他的反应吗 |
[27:38] | Something came up at a briefing at work | 是因为上班时简报突然冒出来的事情 |
[27:40] | that couldn’t be postponed. | 我推不掉 |
[27:41] | I’ll make it up to him. | 我会补偿杰森的 |
[27:43] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[27:47] | “Okay” What? | 什么”行吧” |
[27:47] | No, I’m gonna go get dressed. | 没有 我要去换衣服了 |
[27:51] | Well, it’s just, this-this whole thing | 只是这关于亚历山大的 |
[27:52] | with Alexander. I mean, you… | 整件事 你… |
[27:54] | Could we not? | 又来了 |
[27:55] | You’re putting him above our son. | 你把他看得比我们的儿子还重要 |
[27:57] | How many times have you pushed the kids and me aside for work? | 你为了工作推掉过我和孩子们多少次 |
[28:00] | And have I ever thrown it back at you once? | 我怪过你吗 |
[28:03] | No. Fair enough. | 没有 这很公平 |
[28:04] | Then can you please trust me | 那你能不能相信我 |
[28:05] | that if I had to cancel on Jason, | 如果我需要推掉杰森 |
[28:07] | it must’ve been something pretty damn important? | 肯定是有很重要的事 |
[28:09] | Okay, I-I hear you. | 我明白了 |
[28:13] | I’m just worried about you. | 我只是担心你 |
[28:14] | I’m sorry, worried about me or blaming me? | 什么 是担心我还是责备我 |
[28:16] | Look at how you get when we talk about him. | 你看看我们说到他的时候你那副样子 |
[28:19] | You’re all twisted up. | 你都不是你自己了 |
[28:22] | I know it was terrible that we abandoned him in Russia. | 我知道我们把他丢在俄罗斯很不厚道 |
[28:27] | How many times do you have to rescue him? | 但你到底要救他多少次 |
[28:29] | I mean, when is it finally gonna be enough? | 到底有完没完 |
[28:31] | I don’t know. Maybe never. | 我不知道 也许永远完不了 |
[28:32] | But what that kid went through, the trauma that he– | 但是那孩子经历的一切 他受到的创伤… |
[28:35] | that changes you forever | 会永远改变一个人 |
[28:36] | and I did it to him. | 而且是我造成的 |
[28:37] | It’s not about whether or not you had a part in it. | 这和你是否负有责任无关 |
[28:40] | This is mine to carry. | 这得怪我 |
[28:42] | I’m not crossing any lines. | 我没有触犯规则 |
[28:43] | I am not pushing the kids away. | 我没有拒绝孩子们 |
[28:45] | But I need to ask you to let me figure out | 但你得让我想清楚 |
[28:47] | how to live with it, okay? | 怎么接受这个事实 |
[28:49] | Can you do that much? | 这你能做到吗 |
[28:56] | – Ma’am, ma’am. – Yeah? | -国务卿 国务卿 -什么事 |
[28:58] | Ebola. First case in the U.S. Just showed up. | 美国的首例埃博拉病例刚刚出现 |
[28:59] | – Where? – Dallas hospital. | -在哪儿 -达拉斯医院 |
[29:01] | An aid worker developed symptoms | 一名救援人员回到西非后 |
[29:02] | shortly after she returned from West Africa. | 很快也出现了症状 |
[29:04] | Well, did she expose anybody? | 她有没有把病毒暴露给别人 |
[29:05] | She was with her family. | 她和家人相处过 |
[29:06] | CDC has them all under quarantine. | 疾控中心把他们都隔离起来了 |
[29:07] | They’ve agreed not to go to the press yet. | 他们同意暂时不与媒体接触 |
[29:09] | Screw the furlough. | 去他的停薪休假 |
[29:10] | Call Ambassador Henderson. | 给亨德森大使打电话 |
[29:12] | – I want her on this. – All right, but what if she… | -我想让她接手 -好的 但如果她… |
[29:14] | Yeah, I will take the heat for it. | 我会一力承担的 |
[29:15] | – I’m going to the White House. – All right. | -我要去白宫 -好的 |
[29:25] | I think I have a way to end the shutdown. | 我想我有办法结束政府关停了 |
[29:26] | No, we’re done playing games. | 不 我们不再玩游戏了 |
[29:27] | Ebola. There’s a woman in Dallas in quarantine. | 埃博拉 达拉斯有个女人在隔离中 |
[29:30] | This could be the ace you’ve been looking for. | 这可以作为你的王牌 |
[29:32] | I mean, they have to end it now. | 我是说 他们现在不得不结束关停了 |
[29:33] | It’s too late. I’m going with plan “A.” | 太晚了 我要坚持原计划 |
[29:36] | Russell, we don’t have time to play out a scandal. | 拉塞尔 我们没有时间玩丑闻了 |
[29:40] | People are gonna die. | 有人会死的 |
[29:41] | We could be looking at an outbreak. | 疫情可能会大爆发 |
[29:42] | And let that weasel look like a white knight | 给那狡猾的家伙机会扮演 |
[29:44] | who stopped Ebola? No. | 制止埃博拉爆发的救世主吗 才不 |
[29:46] | My plan is faster and gets rid of him for good. | 我的计划更快 而且能永远赶走他 |
[29:47] | For God’s sakes, when is it going to stop | 看在上帝的份上 |
[29:49] | being about perception? | 你们这样冤冤相报何时了 |
[29:51] | You think this is a beauty contest? | 你以为这是个选美比赛吗 |
[29:53] | I am not letting that puling ideologue dismantle | 我才不会让那个可悲的空想家在今后的四年里 |
[29:56] | Conrad’s agenda piece by piece over the next four years. | 一砖一瓦地拆毁康拉德所营建的政治方针 |
[29:59] | What I have will be fast and painless, | 我的计划快速而且无痛 |
[30:01] | like putting down a sick dog. | 就好像给狗施行安乐死 |
[30:02] | The rest of his little faction will run for the hills. | 他剩下的走狗们会仓慌而逃 |
[30:04] | So you have something real? | 你抓到真正的把柄了吗 |
[30:06] | His wife. | 他老婆 |
[30:07] | Oh, God. Turns out she worked without a visa | 天啊 她第一次来美国工作时 |
[30:09] | when she first came here in ’96. | 并没有签证 |
[30:10] | As soon as we corroborate it, we’re dropping it to the press. | 一旦证实 我们就告诉媒体 |
[30:13] | Why not use it as leverage? | 为什么不用这个威胁他 |
[30:14] | Why drag the family into it? | 为什么要把他的家人卷进来 |
[30:15] | Because I want him destroyed by the same monster he created. | 因为我想让他被自己创造出的恶魔毁掉 |
[30:19] | He wanted to whip up his base against refugees and immigrants, | 他想要将自己的政绩建立在难民和移民问题上 |
[30:21] | let them rip him apart. | 就让他自作自受吧 |
[30:24] | Thought you’d appreciate the poetic justice. | 还以为你会喜欢这种诗意的公平 |
[30:27] | If we were neutralizing a foreign adversary, maybe. | 如果这是为了对付外国敌对势力 我也许会喜欢 |
[30:32] | I guess I thought we were all on the same team. | 我还以为我们是同一条战线上的 |
[30:35] | All enemies, foreign and domestic. | 所有的敌人 不论是国内还是国外的 |
[30:38] | Ebola is not the only virus we’re fighting here. | 埃博拉并不是我们的唯一敌人 |
[30:40] | As soon as we get rid of Morejon, | 一旦我们除掉了莫雷洪 |
[30:42] | the rest of us can get back to governing the nation. | 其他人就可以专注于治理国家了 |
[30:45] | Meantime, I’ll put in for emergency funding for Dallas. | 同时 我会给达拉斯拨出紧急资助 |
[30:55] | He’s gonna try and get us funding. | 他会尽力给我们争取资金的 |
[30:57] | One of the family members | 一位家庭成员也病了 |
[30:58] | is sick now, too. It’s out in the press. | 现在媒体已经得到了消息 |
[30:59] | While I would normally suggest you avoid | 我通常会建议你不要看卡洛斯·莫雷洪 |
[31:01] | Carlos Morejon’s Twitter, you should probably | 的推特 但是你可能应该 |
[31:04] | see that. | 看看这个 |
[31:05] | “Runaway spending and POTUS still can’t keep Americans safe. | “总统花了这么多钱却还是无法保护美国的安全” |
[31:09] | Ebola in the U.S. Thank you, Mr. President.” | “埃博拉出现在美国 谢谢你总统” |
[31:12] | There’s nothing he won’t say. | 他真是口不择言 |
[31:13] | Both of them. | 他们俩都是 |
[31:14] | They can’t stop. | 他们停不下来 |
[31:15] | “Both,” Ma’am? | “他们俩”指的是谁 国务卿 |
[31:17] | Russell and Morejon. | 拉塞尔和莫雷洪 |
[31:19] | They’re lined up on either side. | 他们在两边联合起来了 |
[31:22] | It has to stop. | 不能再这样下去了 |
[31:24] | Well, Russell is not gonna stop. | 拉塞尔不会罢休的 |
[31:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:29] | Change of plans, Joe. | 计划有变 乔 |
[31:30] | Senator Morejon’s office. | 去莫列洪参议院办公室 |
[31:38] | Excuse me, Senator Morejon? | 打扰了 莫雷洪参议员 |
[31:42] | Secretary McCord, I’d be happy to schedule a meeting. | 麦考德国务卿 我为您安排一次见面吧 |
[31:44] | Yeah, you’re gonna want to talk to me right now, Senator. | 你最好现在就和我谈谈 参议员 |
[31:47] | I’ve got quite a few colleagues waiting for me. | 我有好几个同事等着我呢 |
[31:49] | Then I’ll make this quick: Russell Jackson has some | 那我就快点说 拉塞尔·杰克逊掌握了 |
[31:51] | highly personal information about a member of your family | 一些你家庭成员的非常私密的信息 |
[31:54] | and he’s about to go to press. | 现在他要告诉媒体 |
[31:55] | I’d like to work with you to stop that, | 我愿意和你联手制止他 |
[31:57] | but it needs to be now. | 但必须是现在 |
[31:58] | I’m flattered that you took time | 你百忙之中亲自 |
[31:59] | out of your campaign schedule… | 送达拉塞尔的威胁 |
[32:01] | …to bring me his threats in person. | 我真是受宠若惊 |
[32:03] | Russell doesn’t know I’m here. | 拉塞尔不知道我在这儿 |
[32:05] | And it isn’t a threat. | 这也不是威胁 |
[32:07] | He has proof that your wife worked illegally in the U.S. | 他有证据证明你的妻子在成为 |
[32:10] | before she was a citizen. | 美国公民前 曾是非法劳工 |
[32:12] | Tell Russell to call me when he’s ready to settle the budget. | 叫拉塞尔愿意解决预算问题时再给我打电话 |
[32:15] | You ever seen somebody die of Ebola, Senator? | 你见过死于埃博拉的人吗 参议员 |
[32:19] | They call it hemorrhagic fever because | 这病名叫出血热是因为 |
[32:21] | you literally bleed to death inside your body. | 你的身体内部真的在出血 |
[32:24] | The virus breaks down your organs and your cells explode. | 病毒会分解你的器官 你的细胞会爆炸 |
[32:27] | Every minute that I am standing here, | 我们在这里多谈一分钟 |
[32:29] | we are one minute closer to an outbreak. | 我们就离疫情大爆发更近一点 |
[32:33] | All the more reason to have President Dalton | 那道尔顿总统就更有理由 |
[32:34] | take the deal… | 接受协议了 |
[32:35] | This is the thing about a deal. | 这就是个协议 |
[32:37] | A deal is when each side | 协议是双方 |
[32:39] | gives something and meets in the middle. | 都作出妥协并同意折中的办法 |
[32:41] | What you and your colleagues are doing | 你和你的同事们做的 |
[32:42] | is nothing less than extortion. | 无异于敲诈 |
[32:44] | Quite an accusation coming from the woman | 一个跑来勒索我的女人 |
[32:46] | who came here trying to blackmail me. | 还好意思这样指控我 |
[32:47] | Oy… And while you’re schooling me on deals, | 与其在这里教育我什么叫协议 |
[32:50] | explain to me how a $20 trillion national debt | 你倒是跟我说说我或任何美国人 |
[32:54] | and a $500 billion trade deficit | 怎么会想要二十万亿美元的国债 |
[32:56] | is a deal that I or any American should want, huh? | 和五千亿美元的贸易赤字这种协议 |
[33:01] | That is gonna sound great in your stump speech. | 这放在你的政治演说中很合适 |
[33:04] | But I think you should take the deal | 但我想你应该接受 |
[33:06] | that POTUS offered two weeks ago. | 总统两周前给你的协议 |
[33:07] | You can tell your base that you stopped balancing a spreadsheet | 你可以告诉你的支持者你为了拯救生命 |
[33:12] | so you could save some lives. | 而不再斤斤计较于财政平衡 |
[33:13] | I guarantee you it will play in Peoria. | 我保证在皮奥瑞亚[伊利诺州的第二大城]会管用 |
[33:18] | Madam Secretary, I want to remind you | 国务卿女士 我想提醒你 |
[33:20] | I’m a senator in the United States Congress. | 我是一名美国国会参议员 |
[33:22] | I’m not some foreign despot that you can strong-arm. | 而不是可以被你要挟的外国暴君 |
[33:26] | It seems to me it’s your own strong-arming that got us here. | 我倒觉得是你的要挟让我们陷入现在的困境 |
[33:32] | Look, you can either dare Russell Jackson | 看 你可以要么等着看拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[33:34] | to do his worst, | 出阴招 |
[33:35] | or you can stand down and we can all live to fight another day. | 或者你可以退出 我们以后再一决高下 |
[33:41] | You tell Russell Jackson that this is how enemies are made. | 你告诉拉塞尔·杰克逊 这是在树敌 |
[33:55] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[33:56] | Well, we’ll see. | 以后会知道的 |
[33:59] | I either put out a fire or lit a fuse. | 我要么扑灭了一场火 要么点着了火线 |
[34:05] | Do I strong-arm foreign despots? | 我经常要挟外国暴君吗 |
[34:11] | I would describe you as firm, but reasonable. | 我认为您很坚定 但讲理 |
[34:13] | I can live with that. | 这我可以接受 |
[34:15] | What’s the news from Dallas? | 达拉斯有什么消息吗 |
[34:16] | No new cases as of yet. | 目前还没有新病例 |
[34:18] | Not so lucky in Sierra Leone, | 塞拉利昂就不那么幸运了 |
[34:19] | but Ambassador Henderson is doing what she can. | 但亨德森大使正在尽力控制 |
[34:21] | Off the record, of course. | 当然 是秘密进行的 |
[34:22] | Well, that means our only hope right now | 这就是说你唯一的希望 |
[34:24] | is an end to the shutdown. | 就是政府恢复工作 |
[34:25] | To that end, ma’am, | 为了达到这个目的 国务卿 |
[34:26] | when the State Department does resume full operations, | 当国务院重新工作时 |
[34:29] | you’re gonna need a chief of staff. | 您将需要一名新的参谋长 |
[34:31] | A real one. Yeah. I don’t know. | 一名正式的 我不知道 |
[34:32] | I don’t know why I’m being so indecisive about that. | 我不知道我为什么决定不了 |
[34:36] | They’re all so qualified. | 他们都够资格 |
[34:38] | If I may? | 我能说一句吗 |
[34:40] | Russell Jackson’s guy | 拉塞尔·杰克逊介绍的 |
[34:40] | from the Senate Foreign Relations Committee | 来自参议院外交委员会的人 |
[34:42] | looks perfect on paper, but I worry about his loyalties. | 简历很完美 但我担心他是否忠诚 |
[34:45] | The Human Rights CEO is an interesting outlier, | 人权部门的首席执行官倒是与众不同 |
[34:46] | but she has no idea what the job entails, | 但她对这工作丝毫不了解 |
[34:48] | and one of her staffers hesitated when I asked | 当我问道她在压力下表现如何时 |
[34:51] | how she does under pressure. | 她的一名职员有些犹豫 |
[34:52] | Oh. This job is nothing but pressure. | 这份工作充满了压力 |
[34:54] | I’d put my money on Gwen from the Office of Foreign Missions, | 我支持外交机关办公室的格温 |
[34:56] | but her peers will think it’s a demotion, so… | 但她的同僚可能会觉得这是降职 所以… |
[34:58] | That. | 就是这个 |
[35:00] | – Right there. – What? | -就是这个 -什么 |
[35:01] | That’s what I’ve been looking for. | 这就是我在找的 |
[35:03] | Gwen. | 格温吗 |
[35:03] | No, you. | 不 是你 |
[35:05] | You don’t have divided loyalties. | 你忠心不二 |
[35:07] | You won’t feel like you’ve been demoted, | 你不会觉得被降职了 |
[35:10] | and I do not have to wonder | 我不需要去想 |
[35:12] | about whether or not you’ll crack under pressure. | 你是否会在压力之下崩溃 |
[35:15] | Uh, he’s already been kidnapped. | 他还被绑架过 |
[35:16] | You’ve already been kidnapped. | 你还被绑架过 |
[35:18] | And you didn’t quit. | 你都没有离开 |
[35:19] | Uh– that right there, I mean, you’re either totally nuts, | 就这样 你要么是完全疯了 |
[35:23] | or the most loyal person I will ever find. | 要么就是我能找到的最忠诚的人 |
[35:27] | I’m not trying to talk myself into a job here. | 我可没打算给自己谋职位 |
[35:30] | Right there. Another reason you’re so perfect. | 没错 这就是你如此合适的另一个原因 |
[35:32] | Then I’d be honored to be considered. | 非常荣幸我能被考虑 |
[35:34] | There’s no consideration. You are it, pal. | 没有考虑 就是你了 伙计 |
[35:36] | Just hang on, okay? | 等一下 好吗 |
[35:38] | I’m… | 我… |
[35:39] | It… Uh… | 这… |
[35:41] | Chloe’s little, and she needs more of me, not less. | 克洛伊还小 她会更需要我 而不是更少 |
[35:44] | – And I have to be there for Abby. – Of course. | -我需要陪伴艾比 -当然 |
[35:45] | No, really, like, I have to leave by 6:00 on Tuesdays | 不 是真的 比如每周二和周四 |
[35:48] | and Thursdays, like, out the door. | 我都得六点走 从办公室离开那种 |
[35:50] | We can make that work. | 我们能想办法的 |
[35:51] | And I can’t always work on the weekends. | 我周末不能总上班 |
[35:53] | Listen, are you forgetting? | 听着 你忘了吗 |
[35:54] | I raised three kids in this job. | 我干这份工作时可养大了三个孩子呢 |
[35:55] | – I know all about it. – With a spouse. | -我完全了解 -你是和配偶一起的 |
[35:57] | And, due respect, ma’am, my situation’s different. | 恕我冒昧 国务卿 我的情况不同 |
[36:01] | Maybe I’m just not in the right place in my life for this. | 也许是我目前的生活状况不适合 |
[36:06] | We’ll be fine. | 没事的 |
[36:08] | We’ll delegate. | 我们会安排的 |
[36:09] | Yeah? | 真的 |
[36:10] | Do you want this job or not? | 你想不想要这个职位 |
[36:11] | Well, hell, yes I want it. | 当然 我想要 |
[36:12] | Oh, thank God. Let’s go. | 谢天谢地 走吧 |
[36:14] | Ah, just– right there, the whole time. | 近在眼前 一直都在 |
[36:23] | You have no idea how good you look right now. | 你完全不知道你现在看起来多迷人 |
[36:28] | I might. | 可能吧 |
[36:30] | Figured we had a weekend to make up for. | 想着要弥补我们的周末 |
[36:34] | I ruined that. | 怪我 |
[36:35] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gone after you about Alexander, | 对不起 我不该为亚历山大的事追问你 |
[36:39] | – that… – Oh, stop. | -那… -别说了 |
[36:43] | Can I say again what a fantastic father I think you are? | 我能再说一遍 我认为你是个超棒的爸爸吗 |
[36:47] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[36:48] | I’m taking Jace to the Spy Museum tomorrow. | 我明天带小杰去间谍博物馆 |
[36:50] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[36:50] | We’re still sort of dancing around | 我们还在为他对我工作的怀疑 |
[36:52] | his suspicions about my job. | 这个问题兜圈子 |
[36:54] | Uh, honestly, I’m… not quite sure how to handle that one. | 说实话 我…不确定如何解决这问题 |
[36:58] | Well, we’re honest in all the ways that count. | 我们在各方面都非常坦诚 |
[37:01] | And someday, his therapist will be able to buy a boat. | 总有一天 他的心理医生会有能力买艘船的 |
[37:09] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[37:11] | Uh, it’s a little something I’ve been working on for a while. | 是我准备了一阵的小东西 |
[37:13] | I was gonna pick it up in Paris and give it to you there, | 我本来要在巴黎拿到它再给你的 |
[37:17] | but, uh, I found a colleague who was flying back yesterday. | 但是 发现有个同事昨天飞回来 |
[37:19] | He grabbed it for me. | 他帮我带来了 |
[37:21] | How did you get my father’s watch? | 你怎么会拿到我父亲的手表 |
[37:23] | It was lost in the car accident. | 在那场车祸中就丢了 |
[37:24] | It’s a recreation. | 这是个复制品 |
[37:25] | I found the guy who made the original. | 我找到了制作最初那块表的人 |
[37:28] | He’s in his 90s. | 他已经90岁了 |
[37:29] | He’s still at it. | 还很熟练 |
[37:31] | Here. | 来 |
[37:33] | But how, I mean… wait… | 但怎么会 等等… |
[37:36] | You always talked about it | 你总是说起它 |
[37:37] | and pointed it out in photographs | 还在照片中指出来 |
[37:39] | and told me he bought it on his honeymoon. | 和我说那是他在蜜月时买的 |
[37:42] | It wasn’t that hard to figure out. | 想明白也不难 |
[37:46] | I love this watch. | 我爱这块表 |
[37:49] | Well, here’s a promise. | 我保证 |
[37:51] | I’ll always find time for you and the kids. | 我会常常腾出时间给你和孩子 |
[37:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:03] | Is that Russell Jackson? | 是拉塞尔·杰克逊吗 |
[38:05] | It is. He’s here. | 是的 他到这来了 |
[38:10] | Hold that thought. | 别停下哦 |
[38:14] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[38:15] | What an unexpected surprise. | 一个意想不到的来访 |
[38:17] | Thought I’d share the good news in person. | 觉得我该亲口告诉你这个好消息 |
[38:20] | Senator Morejon just agreed to the terms of our original offer | 莫雷洪参议员刚同意了我们的预算修正案中 |
[38:23] | on the budget amendments. | 原始条件的条款 |
[38:25] | Both houses are expected to sign off | 预计两方要在早上 |
[38:26] | on the new CR in the morning. | 签署并写进新的国会议事录 |
[38:29] | That is felicitous. | 真令人欣喜 |
[38:30] | It is. | 确实 |
[38:32] | Just when I’m hours away | 就在我还剩几小时就能 |
[38:33] | from eliminating the number one threat to our agenda, | 消除我们议程的头号威胁时 |
[38:37] | the guy caves out of nowhere. | 那家伙不知道从哪冒出来了 |
[38:40] | He was probably persuaded by the threat | 他可能被大范围瘟疫 |
[38:42] | of a pandemic, or… | 说服了 或者… |
[38:44] | …getting blamed for one. | …因瘟疫而被指责了 |
[38:47] | Speaking of, | 说起来 |
[38:48] | I should probably call my Africa desk. | 我应该给非洲办事处打个电话 |
[38:50] | – Gonna be a busy morning. – Stay in your lane, | -明早会很忙的 -别多管闲事 |
[38:52] | Bess. | 贝丝 |
[38:54] | Understood? | 明白吗 |
[38:56] | You asked me to help end the shutdown. | 你要我帮忙结束政府关停 |
[38:59] | So what I think you mean is “Thank you.” | 我觉得你的意思是”谢谢” |
[39:03] | Glass of wine, Russell? | 来杯酒吗 拉塞尔 |
[39:06] | I got to get home. | 我得回家了 |
[39:07] | – Okay. – Uh, where are you on the new chief of staff? | -好吧 -新参谋长找的怎么样了 |
[39:11] | – I sent over a good guy. – Oh. Yeah, you did. | -我送去了一个合适的人 -是的 没错 |
[39:13] | Uh, but I’m gonna go with Jay. | 但是我要用杰伊了 |
[39:17] | Who in the hell is Jay? | 杰伊是谁 |
[39:19] | Whitman. | 惠特曼 |
[39:22] | My policy advisor. | 我的政策顾问 |
[39:28] | Well, that’s dumb. | 蠢决定 |
[39:29] | Good night, Russell. | 晚安 拉塞尔 |
[39:37] | You have your passport, right? | 你带护照了吧 |
[39:38] | Okay. Twice is helpful. | 好吧 提醒两次有用 |
[39:40] | Three times, a bit excessive. | 三次就有点过了 |
[39:43] | Why is Russell Jackson telling me to bring donuts? | 为什么拉塞尔·杰克逊让我买甜甜圈 |
[39:46] | What? | 什么 |
[39:50] | If you’re calling to warn me about donuts, | 如果你打来是提醒我不要吃甜甜圈 |
[39:52] | that’s my wife’s job. | 那是我妻子的事 |
[39:54] | I’m sorry. Is the shutdown over? | 抱歉 政府关停结束了吗 |
[39:57] | Your mother didn’t mention this? | 你母亲没说吗 |
[39:58] | I haven’t seen her. | 我还没见到她 |
[39:59] | Also, I’m supposed to be leaving for England | 还有 我计划三小时后出发 |
[40:02] | in three hours. | 去英国 |
[40:04] | Well, I guess this means no donuts. | 我猜就没有甜甜圈了 |
[40:07] | I can come in if you need me. | 如果你需要我可以回去的 |
[40:09] | How long are you gonna be gone? | 你要去多久 |
[40:11] | A week. | 一周 |
[40:12] | Well, I suppose we can survive. | 我想我们应付得来 |
[40:14] | It’s up to you. | 看你了 |
[40:16] | Okay. Uh, I guess I’ll see you in a week, then. | 好吧 那就一周后见 |
[40:21] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[40:22] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[40:23] | Okay, right. | 好啦 |
[40:24] | I think this is everything. | 我觉得一切就绪了 |
[40:27] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[40:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:33] | I kind of feel like I should go in. | 我觉得我该回去 |
[40:34] | Why? What did he say? | 为什么 他说什么了 |
[40:36] | He said it’s up to me. | 他说看我 |
[40:38] | And you’re going to choose to go to work. | 你要选择去工作 |
[40:42] | I’m just not sure I really want to go on this trip. | 我只是不确定我真的想去 |
[40:45] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 什么 |
[40:46] | Wh– You’re telling me this now? We– | 什…你现在才说 我们… |
[40:50] | It’s just hitting me. | 我才意识到 |
[40:52] | Well, you did agree to it. | 你确实同意了 |
[40:53] | – That kind of implies consent. – I know. I’m sorry. | -那意味着同意 -我知道 抱歉 |
[40:56] | Is this about my family? | 是因为我的家人吗 |
[40:57] | Can I reassure you on the way, | 我能在路上再安慰你吗 |
[40:59] | because we really do have to go. | 我们真的得走了 |
[41:00] | Jareth, I feel terrible, okay? | 杰瑞斯 我感觉很糟 好吗 |
[41:01] | I mean, especially ’cause you’ve given up so much | 特别是你为了和我在一起 |
[41:03] | – just to be with me. – Okay, wait. What are you saying? | -而放弃了那么多 -等等 你说什么 |
[41:07] | I’m saying… that… | 我是说…这… |
[41:10] | I never listen to the voice in my head, you know? | 我从不听从我内心的想法 知道吗 |
[41:13] | I… Anytime I’ve done something I don’t want to do, | 我… 每当我做了不想做的事 |
[41:16] | there’s always a voice telling me | 总有个声音告诉我 |
[41:17] | “Don’t do it. Don’t join the lacrosse team | “别这么做 别因为你想让吉娜·马雷克喜欢你 |
[41:20] | “Because you want Gina Marek to like you. | 而加入曲棍球队” |
[41:21] | “Don’t quit college because you’re freaked out | “别因为害怕你妈妈而不 |
[41:23] | – about your mom.” – Okay, no, no, no. | -从大学退学” -不对 不对 |
[41:24] | This is just the voice of fear. | 这只是出于害怕的想法 |
[41:25] | – No. I don’t think it is. – It is. | -不 我觉得不是 -是的 |
[41:26] | And you don’t have to be afraid, | 你不需要担心 |
[41:29] | because we’re together. | 因为我们在一起 |
[41:32] | Are we? I mean, are we? | 是吗 我们在一起吗 |
[41:35] | Well, this is what this trip is meant to be about. | 这就是这次旅行的意义 |
[41:37] | I just– I think I need to think things through a little bit. | 我只是…我觉得我需要稍微思考一下 |
[41:39] | Oh, my God. I can’t believe this is happening. | 天呐 无法相信发生了这样的事 |
[41:40] | I’m not saying anything definitive. | 我没有明确的说任何事 |
[41:41] | Okay? I just– I need a little bit of time. | 好吗 我只是… 我需要一点时间 |
[41:47] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[41:50] | Jareth… | 杰瑞斯 |
[41:55] | I’ll see you in a week, okay? | 一周后见吧 好吗 |
[41:59] | We’ll talk. | 我们再聊 |
[42:02] | I just wish that the voice in your head | 我只希望你心里的想法 |
[42:04] | was telling you to go with me. | 告诉你和我一起去 |