时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Oh, hey, ma’am. | 国务卿女士 |
[00:06] | – Yes? – I’m glad I caught you. | -有事吗 -真高兴等到您了 |
[00:07] | I just got the report on coastal flooding | 我刚刚拿到了明天会议要用的 |
[00:08] | in Southeast Asia for tomorrow’s meeting. | 东南亚沿海洪灾的报告 |
[00:10] | Yeah, okay, put it on the pile… | 好的 把它放进待阅文件里 |
[00:11] | – Why aren’t you leaving? – Just got a couple more e-mails. | -你怎么还没走 –还有几封邮件 |
[00:13] | Nope, not the deal. You said out the door by 6:00 | 不行 不是这么说的 你说你带克洛伊时 |
[00:16] | on the nights you have Chloe. | 要晚上六点就走的 |
[00:17] | – It’s 6:00 already? – Yeah. Come on, come on, come on. | -已经六点了 -是的 快点 快点 |
[00:18] | Get your stuff and we’ll duck out together. | 收拾好东西 我们一起走 |
[00:20] | Just give me a second. | 等我一会儿 |
[00:21] | You have an event I don’t know about? | 你有什么我不知道的活动吗 |
[00:23] | No. Yes. | 没有 有的 |
[00:24] | Well, not really an event. | 也不算是活动 |
[00:26] | Just… well, Jason is… | 就是… 杰森… |
[00:29] | he’s cooking dinner with the new girlfriend. | 他要和新女友一起做晚饭 |
[00:32] | Girlfriend? That’s new. | 女朋友 以前没听说过 |
[00:34] | Yeah, that is new. | 是的 刚交的 |
[00:36] | So is Jason. He’s like a new person. | 杰森也是 他完全变了个人 |
[00:39] | He’s sweet and considerate. | 他又贴心又体贴 |
[00:41] | Ha, he even remembered that his sister’s a vegetarian. | 他甚至记得他的姐姐是素食者 |
[00:44] | – What is that? – That’s a good thing, isn’t it? | -什么情况 -这是好事啊 不是吗 |
[00:46] | Yeah, I mean, it is. It is a good thing. | 没错 这是好事 |
[00:50] | I’m just worried that it won’t last longer | 我只是担心他这种状态不会长过 |
[00:52] | – than the relationship. – Ma’am… | -这段恋情 -国务卿 |
[00:55] | – Almost made it. – Sorry. | -差点成功走了 -抱歉 |
[00:56] | – I can call my nanny. – No, no. You go. | -我可以打电话叫保姆 -不 你快走 |
[01:00] | Put her on the pile? | 放进她的待阅文件里 |
[01:02] | Please tell me I’m not gonna miss my dinner. | 拜托别告诉我要错过晚餐了 |
[01:04] | Uh, you’re needed at the White House. | 白宫那边让您过去 |
[01:06] | We can at least head out together. | 我们还是能一起出门的 |
[01:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:13] | We’ve got a bit of a situation. | 我们遇到点小状况 |
[01:15] | Our Special Envoy for Eurasian Energy is on a plane | 我们的欧亚能源特使正准备 |
[01:18] | about to take off from Moscow, | 乘飞机从俄罗斯启程 |
[01:20] | and they just found a Russian dissident hiding on board. | 他们刚发现一名俄罗斯反对者藏在机内 |
[01:25] | Artem Markevich. You know him? | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇 你知道他吗 |
[01:27] | Well, he’s really more of an eco-activist. | 他其实更像是一位生态激进主义者 |
[01:31] | Last week he released shocking images | 上周他发布了令人震惊的 |
[01:34] | of oil spills in Siberia. | 西伯利亚石油泄漏图片 |
[01:37] | They were all over the news. | 图片在新闻上大肆传播 |
[01:38] | I’m guessing Russia is mad, | 我觉得俄罗斯方面被激怒了 |
[01:41] | and now he’s on the run and seeking asylum. | 现在他在逃亡 寻求庇护 |
[01:44] | The Kremlin issued a Blue Notice through Interpol | 克里姆林宫十小时前通过国际刑警组织发布了 |
[01:46] | about ten hours ago. They know he’s on the run, | 一则蓝色通告 他们知道他在逃 |
[01:48] | but they don’t know where he is. | 但不知道他在哪里 |
[01:50] | Interpol? What are they trying to charge him with? | 国际刑警组织 他们要以什么罪名指控他 |
[01:52] | Pictures of the spill were near a government oil field, | 泄露的图片摄于一处政府油田附近 |
[01:55] | so trespassing, civil disobedience, | 非法入侵 非暴力反抗 |
[01:58] | and just plain being dumb enough | 或者仅仅是愚蠢到在俄罗斯 |
[02:00] | to be an eco-activist in Russia. | 做一名生态激进主义者 |
[02:02] | Well, it’s not gonna be long before the Kremlin figures out | 应该不需要太久克里姆林宫就会发现 |
[02:05] | he’s on our plane. | 他在我们的飞机上 |
[02:06] | If we want to help Markevich, sir, | 如果我们想要帮助马尔克维奇 总统 |
[02:08] | we’re gonna have to do it now. | 就得现在行动了 |
[02:09] | We’re already locking horns with Russia in Afghanistan. | 我们已经在阿富汗与俄罗斯发生冲突了 |
[02:12] | Do we really want to stir the pot with this? | 我们真的想趟这摊浑水吗 |
[02:16] | To-to risk losing their cooperation | 冒着打破和他们在防核扩散 |
[02:18] | on nuclear nonproliferation or Syria? | 或者叙利亚问题上的合作关系吗 |
[02:21] | I don’t think they’d go that far over one dissident. | 我觉得一个反对者不至于让他们如此 |
[02:23] | And besides, we leave this guy behind, | 而且 如果我们不管这个人 |
[02:25] | we’re signing his death warrant. | 就是任他丧命 |
[02:26] | So palm him off on Sweden or whoever. | 那就把他怪在瑞典还是其他国家头上 |
[02:29] | Russia hacked into our embassies | 俄罗斯入侵了我们的大使馆 |
[02:31] | and leaked intel to the Taliban | 将信息泄露给塔利班 |
[02:32] | that got our agent abducted and a safe house bombed. | 导致我们的特工被绑架 一所安全屋被炸毁 |
[02:35] | I don’t think we should hide behind anybody. | 我觉得我们不应该躲躲藏藏 |
[02:37] | And this is a way to push back. | 这是一种反击方式 |
[02:42] | And save a good man in the bargain. | 还能拯救一个无辜的人 |
[02:44] | Call the Special Envoy. Tell ’em wheels up. | 给特使打电话 让他们起飞 |
[02:47] | Start the asylum process once Markevich arrives on our shores. | 一旦马尔克维奇到达 就启动避难程序 |
[02:53] | Hey, you. | 才回来 |
[02:55] | All right, go ahead. | 好 说吧 |
[02:58] | Tell me how great Jason’s dinner was. | 和我说说杰森的晚餐有多棒 |
[03:00] | It was pretty great. | 非常不错 |
[03:02] | God, I knew it. | 天呐 我就知道 |
[03:05] | How’s Piper? | 派珀怎么样 |
[03:07] | Turns out she lived in Kenya until she was seven. | 原来她七岁前都住在肯尼亚 |
[03:10] | Of course she did. CIA or State? | 果然 她父母是中情局还是政府的人 |
[03:12] | Aid workers, I think. | 我觉得是救援人员 |
[03:14] | Her parents built schools. | 她的父母创建了学校 |
[03:16] | So she’s possibly more lefty and committed than our son. | 那她可能比我们的儿子更左派 更忠诚 |
[03:20] | Impressive. How was the food? | 了不起 食物怎么样 |
[03:23] | It was good. | 很不错 |
[03:24] | God, I’m starving. | 天呐 我好饿 |
[03:26] | – Will you come sit with me? – Oh, I can’t, babe. | -你要来陪我坐会儿吗 -不行 宝贝 |
[03:28] | I’ve got to finish going over this Afghanistan report. | 我必须得理顺这份阿富汗的报告 |
[03:31] | The Gang of Eight called me in again tomorrow. | 八人组明天又叫我去了 |
[03:33] | Boy, they’re really giving SAD the third degree, huh? | 他们真的对你们小组特别严厉 |
[03:36] | Well, we’re asking for more money. | 我们在要求更多的资金 |
[03:37] | We still have no solid intel | 还是没有确切的消息 |
[03:39] | that Russia’s aiding the Taliban. | 证明俄罗斯在帮助塔利班 |
[03:41] | For what it’s worth, we’re about to grant asylum | 无论如何 我们要给一名俄罗斯反对者 |
[03:44] | to a Russian dissident– at least we’re pushing back. | 提供庇护 至少我们在反击 |
[03:47] | Or helping justify their aggression. | 或者证明他们的侵略行为是正当的 |
[03:51] | Okay, now you sound like Russell Jackson. | 你现在听起来像拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[03:52] | – I’m gonna go get chicken. Good-bye. – I sound like | -我去拿鸡肉了 一会见 -我听起来像 |
[03:54] | Russell Jackson? | 拉塞尔·杰克逊 |
[03:55] | – It doesn’t taste like… – All right… | -这味道不像… -好啦 |
[03:58] | where’s this dinner I’ve heard so much about? | 这顿著名的晚餐在哪里 |
[04:01] | Hi, Mrs. McCord. Sorry, Secretary. | 您好 麦考德夫人 抱歉 国务卿 |
[04:04] | Uh, I even rehearsed that. | 我排练过这个问候 |
[04:05] | “Mrs.” is fine at home. | 在家里叫”夫人”就好 |
[04:08] | Elizabeth is even better. | 伊丽莎白更好呢 |
[04:10] | It’s nice to finally meet you, Piper. | 真高兴终于见到你了 我是派珀 |
[04:12] | It’s so great to meet you. | 非常高兴见到您 |
[04:13] | Uh, where should I put your roasting pan? | 该把您的烤盘放在哪里呢 |
[04:15] | Oh, no, no, stop. Just leave it. | 不 别忙了 放着吧 |
[04:17] | Not you, keep going, | 不是说你 别停下 |
[04:19] | because I can’t believe what I’m seeing. | 因为我简直无法相信我看到的 |
[04:20] | I always help out. | 我在家里经常帮忙的 |
[04:22] | We made you a plate. | 我们给您留了一盘 |
[04:23] | I hope you’re good with chestnut puree. | 希望您喜欢栗蓉 |
[04:27] | You made chestnut puree?! | 你们做了栗蓉 |
[04:29] | I had a pretty amazing sous chef. | 我有一位非常棒的助手 |
[04:32] | Who only slightly micromanaged the menu. | 她只是对菜单稍做了些调整 |
[04:34] | – You wanted to make pancakes. – Savory buckwheat crepes. | -你本来想做煎饼 -美味的荞麦煎饼 |
[04:37] | With blueberries? | 加蓝莓 |
[04:39] | I like it a little sweet. It was a team effort. You know? | 我喜欢甜一点的 是我们俩一起做的 |
[04:42] | Well, it smells delicious. | 闻起来很美味 |
[04:44] | All right, come on. Come sit with me. | 快来 和我一起 |
[04:46] | I want to hear all about… growing up in Kenya. | 我想听听 在肯尼亚长大的各种轶事 |
[04:50] | Well, actually, I was kind of, I was kind of hoping | 实际上 我 我比较希望 |
[04:53] | just Piper and I could hang out until her mom comes. | 在派珀妈妈来之前我们俩能单独待会 |
[04:55] | I don’t mind hanging out with your mom. | 我不介意和你妈妈在一起 |
[04:56] | Well, I mean, | 好吧 |
[04:57] | just… she can fill you in on her childhood anytime. | 只是… 她随时都可以和你聊童年故事 |
[05:00] | Okay… | 好 |
[05:02] | Oh, look, look, look, look, it’s Stevie, look. | 瞧 瞧 斯蒂芬在呢 |
[05:03] | Yes, okay, I get it. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[05:06] | Piper, it was really nice to meet you. | 派珀 真的很高兴见到你 |
[05:13] | Jace, door open. | 小杰 别关门哦 |
[05:14] | Mom… | 妈妈 |
[05:18] | Will you sit with me? | 你要陪我坐会儿吗 |
[05:19] | What are we watching? | 演什么呢 |
[05:22] | Word of the Nation is doing an interview | 《国家言论》正在采访 |
[05:24] | with this woman, Kat Sandoval? | 这位女士 凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[05:26] | She, like, used to be some kind of political hot shot, I guess. | 她大概曾经算是某种政治热点吧 |
[05:28] | Chief of Staff to the Ambassador at the U.N., | 联合国大使的参谋长 |
[05:31] | I think– it was years ago. | 我觉得 已经是陈年旧事了 |
[05:33] | Anyway, she’s got this book coming out, | 总之 她出版了这本书 |
[05:34] | and Russell Jackson would not shut up about her today. | 拉塞尔·杰克逊今天一直对她的事说个不停 |
[05:37] | So I have to watch this. | 所以我得看看这个 |
[05:38] | Oh, yeah? What’s Russell saying? | 是吗 拉塞尔怎么说 |
[05:39] | That she’s crazy and that she’s trying to cash in | 说她很疯狂 离开体制内工作之后 |
[05:43] | after she went off the rails. | 想尽办法赚钱 |
[05:44] | I mean, what did she do? | 她做什么了 |
[05:47] | Threw a chair at someone. | 向某人扔了一把椅子 |
[05:49] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的 -真的 |
[05:51] | Never got the whole story. | 没弄清整个过程 |
[05:52] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[05:53] | It is not a town that appreciates a shake-up. | 这不是一个能接受体系剧变的城市 |
[05:55] | Y-You saw what happened when President Dalton ran | 你看到道尔顿总统以独立党的身份管理国家后 |
[05:58] | as an independent. | 发生的事情 |
[05:59] | Right? | 是吧 |
[06:00] | Whoever thought of that idea had some serious huevos. | 能有如此想法的人是真的有两把刷子的 |
[06:03] | It was a bold move, and I admire it. | 这是个大胆的举动 我很敬佩 |
[06:05] | Maybe you wish you’d hung around a little longer? | 也许你希望你的任职时间久一点 |
[06:08] | Eh. I loved my life in D.C., | 我喜欢在华盛顿的生活 |
[06:11] | but by the end, this town had sucked my soul out | 但是最终 这座城市把我的灵魂 |
[06:13] | through my eyehole. | 彻底榨干了 |
[06:15] | I’m not looking in the rearview mirror. | 我是不会对过去有所留恋的 |
[06:17] | My only concern is what’s ahead. | 我只关心未来 |
[06:19] | And that’s avocados? | 未来就是鳄梨吗 |
[06:21] | Ten acres of ’em. | 四万平方米的鳄梨树 |
[06:22] | I used to work donors and lobbyists, | 我曾经做过捐赠者和说客 |
[06:24] | and now I work the land, right, | 现在我以土地为生 |
[06:26] | bringing life out of the dirt. | 培育生命 丰富生活 |
[06:27] | You talk a lot in your book… | 您在书中多次提到 |
[06:28] | Well, I think I’ve found my exit plan. | 我想好我退休之后要做什么了 |
[06:32] | Yeah, you should totally write a memoir. | 必须得写本回忆录 |
[06:34] | No. Retiring on a farm. | 不 我要找个农场安度晚年 |
[06:37] | Raising animals, growing our own food. | 养养动物 种点吃的 |
[06:41] | A sustainable human society is very much like… | 可持续的人类社会就像… |
[06:42] | Mom, you do realize | 妈 你知道 |
[06:44] | that we already lived on a farm, right? | 我们早就经历过农场生活了吧 |
[06:46] | Not a horse farm, a cool farm. | 不是这种养马的农场 是很酷的那种 |
[06:49] | How is her farm cooler than ours? | 她的农场怎么可能比我们的酷 |
[06:51] | Don’t mess with my dream. | 别打扰我构想未来 |
[06:56] | We’ve confirmed that | 我们已经确认 |
[06:57] | 安全简报室 国会八人组 | |
[06:57] | the location of the embassy was obtained by Russia | 俄罗斯攻击阿富汗大使馆时 |
[06:59] | when they hacked the Afghan embassy, | 获取了大使馆的地址 |
[07:01] | which led directly to the bombing two weeks ago. | 这与两周前的爆炸袭击有直接联系 |
[07:04] | What about the kidnapping of our Agent Samadi, | 萨马迪探员被绑架以及 |
[07:07] | and the execution of her asset, Osip Bakunin? | 她的线人奥西普·巴枯宁被杀是怎么回事 |
[07:12] | Do we know who orchestrated these attacks? | 找出是谁策划了这些袭击了吗 |
[07:16] | That intel did not come from the embassy hacking. | 大使馆被攻击并没有泄露探员身份 |
[07:18] | We’re still tracking down that source. | 我们还在追查线索 |
[07:20] | In other words, you’re working with | 也就是说 你们现在 |
[07:22] | a rusty bucket with a hole in the bottom. | 漏洞百出 束手无策 |
[07:23] | Senator, listen, | 参议员 您听我说 |
[07:25] | once we rebuild our presence in Afghanistan, | 一旦我们恢复向阿富汗驻军 |
[07:27] | we’ll be able to locate… | 我们就能定位… |
[07:28] | Hey, that’s a bit backwards, isn’t it? | 你这反作用很大吧 |
[07:31] | I mean, you come here, you’re looking for funding and resources, | 你的目的是寻求资金与资源 |
[07:33] | but how do we know that’s not gonna | 但我们怎么知道 |
[07:34] | further empower our enemies? | 这些资源不会反被敌人所用呢 |
[07:37] | Maybe we should just cut out the middleman | 不如我们跳过这些中间步骤 |
[07:38] | and give the Taliban a debit card. | 直接把钱送到塔利班手上吧 |
[07:42] | Mr. Chairman… | 主席先生 |
[07:42] | Look, Henry, we get it. | 亨利 我们懂你的意思 |
[07:44] | Having eyes and ears on the ground | 必须实际在当地拥有眼线 |
[07:46] | is how we find the hole in the bucket. | 才能找到疏漏之处 |
[07:48] | But we’ve read the report, | 但我们也看了报告 |
[07:50] | we’ve seen the work you’re doing, | 我们看到了你们的努力 |
[07:52] | and it is my inclination | 我的意见是 |
[07:54] | that I put my faith in the team that you’ve assembled | 相信你的团队 |
[07:58] | and the resources you’ve got. | 以及你们现有的资源 |
[08:01] | Well, that makes sense to me. | 我觉得这样就够了 |
[08:04] | How did it go? | 情况如何 |
[08:05] | We need to find a new asset. | 我们需要找一个新的线人 |
[08:07] | What was the name of that Russian military official | 在决定用巴枯宁当线人之前 |
[08:09] | that you and Molly picked before we went with…? | 你和莫利推荐的那个俄罗斯军方官员叫什 |
[08:10] | Maxim Polyakov. | 马克西姆·波利亚科夫 |
[08:11] | Yeah. I need you and Alexander to pull his file, | 没错 你和亚历山大调取他的档案 |
[08:13] | see what he’s up to. | 查看一下他的近况 |
[08:14] | After what happened to Bakunin, | 出了巴枯宁的事之后 |
[08:15] | it’s going to be next to impossible to turn Polyakov, | 想要策反波利亚科夫 |
[08:17] | or any Russian, for that matter. | 或是任何俄罗斯人 简直不可能 |
[08:19] | Consider it a challenge. | 有困难就迎难而上 |
[08:22] | One speech welcoming the eco-warrior | 对生态斗士兼地球大使 |
[08:24] | and ambassador for Planet Earth, Artem Markevich, | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇的欢迎辞 |
[08:27] | to the land of the free | 欢迎他踏上这片自由的土壤 |
[08:28] | and home of the environmentally progressive. | 来到这个关心环境的国度 |
[08:30] | Hopefully none of that’s in here. | 希望演讲里没这些话 |
[08:33] | I might have said “Ambassador for Planet Earth.” | 我可能把”地球大使”写进去了 |
[08:36] | Blake, will you see if there’s time in my schedule today | 布莱克 你帮我看一下今天有没有时间 |
[08:38] | to meet with Kat Sandoval? | 安排与凯特·桑多瓦尔见面 |
[08:39] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[08:40] | I mean, if she wants to meet with me and all that. | 当然了 如果她想见我的话 |
[08:43] | And, also, will you get me a copy of her book? | 对了 能不能帮我搞一本她的书 |
[08:44] | – Yes. – What’s that about? | -好的 -为什么突然对她感兴趣 |
[08:47] | Saw her on a talk show. | 我在脱口秀节目上看到她了 |
[08:49] | She wrote this whole geopolitical treatise | 她用鳄梨农场打比方 |
[08:52] | on running an avocado farm. | 写了本关于地缘政治的书 |
[08:54] | But isn’t she that crazy consultant lady | 她不就是那个精神崩溃 |
[08:57] | who threw a chair and had some hysterical breakdown? | 还扔椅子的女顾问吗 |
[09:01] | You know, it’s funny, isn’t it? | 这挺有意思的 |
[09:04] | When… when a man reaches a certain breaking point | 当一名男性情绪崩溃 |
[09:08] | and throws something, he’s passionate. | 乱砸东西 人们会认为他有激情 |
[09:11] | But when a woman reaches the same breaking point, | 而当一名女性情绪崩溃 |
[09:13] | she’s hysterical and can’t stand the pressure. | 她就被认为歇斯底里 无法承受压力 |
[09:16] | You know, you should clear that up with her | 等她来的时候 |
[09:18] | when she comes. | 你得和她好好解释一下 |
[09:19] | Ma’am? | 国务卿 |
[09:20] | Yeah. | 怎么了 |
[09:21] | Artem Markevich’s plane landed | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇乘坐的飞机 |
[09:22] | about 20 minutes ago. | 大约20分钟之前着陆了 |
[09:23] | Great, I want to see him right away. | 很好 我要马上见他 |
[09:24] | No, | 暂时见不到 |
[09:24] | he’s on the way to St. Lucius Hospital. | 他正在去圣路西斯医院的路上 |
[09:25] | He’s being put in quarantine. | 他被隔离了 |
[09:28] | For what? | 为什么 |
[09:29] | Smallpox. | 天花 |
[09:30] | How do you get smallpox? It doesn’t even exist anymore. | 怎么会染上天花 这病早就不存在了吧 |
[09:32] | It does in laboratories. | 实验室里有 |
[09:34] | One here and one in Russia. | 美国和俄罗斯各留有一批病毒样本 |
[09:38] | You think Russia deliberately infected this guy with smallpox? | 你认为俄罗斯是故意让他染上天花的 |
[09:41] | And sent him here. | 然后再把他送到这里来 |
[09:42] | That’s crazy, even for Russia. | 即使是俄罗斯 做这样的事也太疯狂了 |
[09:45] | Hell of an escalation. | 这事态发展真是出人意料 |
[09:58] | Smallpox is a highly contagious virus, | 天花是一种传染性极强的病毒 |
[10:01] | with an estimated mortality rate of 30-35%. | 致死率高达30%至35% |
[10:06] | Millions died of the disease | 在世界卫生组织于1980年 |
[10:07] | before it was declared eradicated by | 宣布将其彻底消灭之前 |
[10:10] | the World Health Organization in 1980. | 有数百万人死于此病 |
[10:12] | We at the CDC have one of the remaining stockpiles of the virus. | 疾控中心保留了一批病毒样本 |
[10:16] | The other one is in a Russian facility in Siberia. | 另一批在俄罗斯西伯利亚的一座设施中 |
[10:19] | The other passengers on Markevich’s plane, | 与马尔克维奇同乘一架飞机的其他乘客呢 |
[10:20] | they’re being treated? | 是否已经对他们进行治疗 |
[10:21] | Yes, sir. So far, | 是的 总统 目前为止 |
[10:23] | none of the flight crew or the passengers | 机组人员及机上乘客 |
[10:24] | are showing symptoms. | 尚未出现任何症状 |
[10:26] | So what about Markevich? | 那马尔克维奇呢 |
[10:27] | He was already symptomatic. | 他已出现天花症状 |
[10:29] | All we can do right now is make him comfortable | 现在我们能做的就是减轻他的痛苦 |
[10:32] | and hope that his immune system can ride it out. | 希望他的免疫系统可以抵抗病毒 |
[10:37] | Thank you, Charlotte. Keep us updated. | 谢谢 夏洛特 有情况随时报告 |
[10:39] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢您 总统先生 |
[10:45] | Russia didn’t know Markevich was headed to America. | 俄罗斯不知道马尔克维奇的目的地是美国 |
[10:50] | I don’t think this is a calculated biological attack. | 我认为这不是一起有预谋的生物袭击 |
[10:54] | Calculated or not, | 不管是否有预谋 |
[10:55] | we’re going to the U.N. | 我们都要向联合国提起抗议 |
[10:57] | I want international sanctions against Russia. | 我希望对俄罗斯实施国际制裁 |
[10:59] | They can’t play around with infectious diseases | 不能让他们随心所欲地拿传染性疾病胡闹 |
[11:01] | without consequence. | 还不需要承担任何后果 |
[11:02] | I think we should hold off for a moment, sir. | 我认为我们应该先缓一缓 总统 |
[11:05] | For Russia to do this, they’d have to know | 俄罗斯如果刻意为之 他们必然知道 |
[11:07] | it was a declaration of war, | 这一举动就是在宣战 |
[11:08] | not just with the U.S., | 不仅是对美国宣战 |
[11:09] | but the world. | 还会成为全世界的公敌 |
[11:11] | Time’s not on our side here. | 时间不等人 |
[11:13] | Ephraim, check with the I.C. | 埃弗兰 查看情报系统 |
[11:15] | Find out if there’s any chatter about Russia | 看看是否有关于俄罗斯 |
[11:16] | weaponizing smallpox. | 将天花作为武器的消息 |
[11:18] | Yes, sir. | 是 总统 |
[11:19] | Reach out to the Russian foreign minister. | 联系俄罗斯外长 |
[11:21] | See what he has to say. | 看看他怎么说 |
[11:23] | And we’ll hold off on the public rebuke for now. | 暂时先不对公众公开 |
[11:25] | But if there’s any indication | 但一旦有任何迹象表明 |
[11:27] | that the Russians are flirting with a global pandemic, | 俄罗斯意图引发全球性流行病 |
[11:30] | our response will be unequivocal. | 我们绝不手软 |
[11:33] | Hey there. How was the hearing? | 简报会怎么样 |
[11:35] | Not great. About what I expected. | 不怎么样 差不多在意料之中 |
[11:37] | Can’t say the same for the conversation I just had | 但刚刚杰森的辅导员和我说的话 |
[11:39] | with Jason’s guidance counselor. | 太出乎我意料了 |
[11:41] | Why? What’s going on? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[11:42] | Well, he basically tanked | 他基本上是故意挂掉了 |
[11:43] | his last calculus exam, | 上一次微积分考试 |
[11:45] | and he took an incomplete on his U.S. history project. | 还有美国历史的项目得了个未完成 |
[11:47] | That’s weird. He likes those classes. | 这太奇怪了 他很喜欢这几门课 |
[11:49] | Teachers say that he’s distracted. | 老师说他分心 |
[11:52] | Well, I love that he’s in a love fog, | 他谈恋爱我很开心 |
[11:55] | but we are not raising a high school dropout. | 但不能让我们的儿子高中辍学 |
[11:58] | Well, listen, I’m at the War College. | 这样 我现在在军事学院 |
[11:59] | I can maybe drop home between classes, | 我课间或许能回趟家 |
[12:01] | catch him and have a conversation about priorities, | 和他谈谈学习和恋爱孰轻孰重 |
[12:04] | and lead him back to the light. | 把他引导回正途来 |
[12:05] | Less leading, more telling. | 不用引导 好好教育教育 |
[12:07] | I say no more Piper on weeknights. | 要我说 平时不准见派珀 |
[12:09] | Not until his grades go up. | 至少成绩上去之前不行 |
[12:10] | – Agreed. – And I don’t want to hear any rants | -同意 -而且我不想再听到 |
[12:12] | about dictatorial parenting. | 有人抱怨父母专制论 |
[12:14] | Not from Jace, I mean. | 我说的是小杰 |
[12:15] | You can rant all you want. | 你想怎么抱怨都行 |
[12:19] | Mr. Avdonin. How are you? | 阿多宁先生 您好 |
[12:21] | At the moment, appalled, | 我现在非常震惊 不怎么好 |
[12:24] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[12:24] | You were obligated to notify us | 你们有义务告知我们 |
[12:27] | of the whereabouts of Artem Markevich. | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇的行踪 |
[12:30] | We demand his return immediately, | 我们要求立即将其遣返 |
[12:33] | or my country is prepared to retaliate. | 否则俄罗斯将采取报复措施 |
[12:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:37] | You want him back? | 你想让他回去 |
[12:38] | Fine. I’ll put him on a plane right now. | 行啊 我这就把他送上飞机 |
[12:41] | Thank you. | 多谢了 |
[12:42] | Hope you’re ready to put him in quarantine, | 希望你们已经做好隔离措施 |
[12:45] | like we had to. | 就像我们一样 |
[12:46] | Why? What does he have? | 为什么 他得了什么疾病 |
[12:48] | Smallpox. We’ve got everyone he came in contact with | 天花 我们已经对所有与他有过接触的人 |
[12:51] | under observation. | 进行隔离观察 |
[12:56] | How is this possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[12:57] | Well, there’s only two labs in the world | 世界上只有两个实验室 |
[13:01] | that have stockpiles of the virus. | 存有这个病毒 |
[13:04] | Why don’t you tell me? | 剩下的你来说吧 |
[13:05] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[13:07] | Are you implying that my government could be capable | 你是不是在暗示 我的政府或许会 |
[13:11] | of deliberately… | 故意的… |
[13:14] | It’s unthinkable. | 简直无法想象 |
[13:17] | I have to discuss this development. | 我需要讨论一下这个情况 |
[13:18] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[13:22] | I don’t think he had any idea. | 我觉得他根本不知道 |
[13:25] | That was definitely not Russia’s usual non-denial denial. | 这显然不是俄罗斯一贯采用的似是而非的否认 |
[13:28] | This doesn’t mean that Russia didn’t infect him. | 这也不能说明不是俄罗斯的阴谋 |
[13:31] | It just means they didn’t read in their foreign minister. | 只不过并没有告诉他们的外交部长 |
[13:35] | Hey, Jace? | 小杰 |
[13:36] | Yeah. | 在了 |
[13:37] | Come here a minute. | 来一下 |
[13:40] | Can we make this quick? I’m trying to get to Piper’s. | 能快点吗 我正赶去派珀家 |
[13:42] | Yeah, come here. Sit down. | 好 过来 坐下 |
[13:45] | Listen. | 听着 |
[13:46] | I got a call from your guidance counselor. | 我接到了你的指导顾问的电话 |
[13:49] | Want to tell me what’s going on? | 要不要告诉我是怎么回事 |
[13:52] | I’m assuming this is about the “D” in calculus. | 我猜这是关于我微积分没考过的事情 |
[13:54] | And the incomplete in U.S. History. | 还有美国历史项目未完成的事情 |
[13:56] | Wh-What’s happening? | 什么情况 |
[13:58] | I don’t know. I guess I’m happy. | 不知道 我只是觉得开心 |
[14:01] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:05] | Hey– it-it’s really exciting, having a girlfriend. I get it. | 交到女朋友的确很兴奋 我了解 |
[14:08] | I-I do, but… | 真的了解 不过 |
[14:09] | Dude, it’s your junior year… | 哥们儿 你上高三了 |
[14:10] | No. I-I’m… Stop. I’m sorry. It’s-it’s… | 不 停 不好意思 |
[14:13] | It’s just how you say it. | 只是你说的方式 |
[14:15] | Like, like, you really, obviously don’t get it at all. | 好像你真的一点都不了解 |
[14:19] | Re– well, try me. | 你说说 |
[14:21] | I’m talking about life having purpose. | 我说的是生活有了意义 |
[14:25] | Like, for the first time. | 第一次 |
[14:26] | Li-Like-like, I discovered this whole other universe | 我发现了之前我从不知晓的 |
[14:29] | that I never knew existed, | 另一个宇宙 |
[14:31] | and it doesn’t include calculus or tests or old, dead wars. | 这个宇宙没有微积分 测试 过去的战争 |
[14:36] | And now I live there. | 我就住在那个宇宙 |
[14:39] | That’s incredible. Really. I… | 太棒了 真的 我 |
[14:41] | Love is a transformative experience. | 爱情是一个不断变化的感受 |
[14:43] | But until your grades improve, | 但除非你提高学习成绩 |
[14:45] | you’re gonna have to live in this universe | 不然你在非周末时间 |
[14:46] | – on weekdays. No. No, Dad, stop. | -只能生活在这个宇宙里了 -不 爸爸 |
[14:48] | No– what do you want me to do? Huh? | 你想让我怎么样 |
[14:50] | Study for some tests that don’t matter? | 为了一些毫无意义的考试而学习 |
[14:52] | Fine. I’ll do it. | 好 我去学 |
[14:53] | But you can’t, you can’t banish me… | 但你 你不能放逐我 |
[14:55] | – “Banish”? – …from go– ban… | -放逐 -不让我去 |
[14:56] | I can’t be contained by borders in time or space, Dad. | 我不能被时间或空间的枷锁所束缚 爸爸 |
[14:59] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[15:02] | Well– and every great love has obstacles. | 每个伟大的爱情都会遇到阻碍 |
[15:05] | The hero has to have something to overcome | 主人公需要努力去克服 |
[15:07] | to prove that he’s worthy. | 去证明他值得被爱 |
[15:11] | Guess what yours is. | 猜猜你的阻碍是什么 |
[15:14] | Fine. | 好 |
[15:21] | I’ve got an emergency protocol briefing at the White House. | 我接到了一个白宫的紧急简报通知 |
[15:25] | It came in. | 送来了 |
[15:25] | Any news yet from the DNI? | 联调局长那边有消息吗 |
[15:27] | Uh, I just got off the phone with Ephraim. | 我刚和埃弗兰通过电话 |
[15:30] | Nothing from the I.C. yet about Russia and smallpox, | 情报系统没有关于俄罗斯和天花的消息 |
[15:32] | but he’s still looking. | 不过他还在调查 |
[15:33] | Quarantine just broke on the news. | 媒体知道了 |
[15:34] | Did we release that? | 是我们发布的吗 |
[15:36] | The hospital; this must have been a leak. | 医院 一定是医院那边走露了风声 |
[15:37] | Ma’am, I’m so sorry, but I wasn’t able | 国务卿 非常抱歉 但我无法 |
[15:38] | to reach Kat Sandoval before she arrived. | 在凯特·桑多瓦尔到来之前联系到她 |
[15:40] | She’s coming up? | 她要来了吗 |
[15:41] | She’s already here. | 已经到了 |
[15:44] | Kat Sandoval. | 凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[15:45] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, really. | 见到你很荣幸 真的 |
[15:49] | Uh, this is my chief of staff, Jay Whitman. | 这是我的参谋长 杰伊·惠特曼 |
[15:51] | Hey. Great work with Ben Price on sanctions in Iran. | 在制裁伊朗的工作上和本·普莱斯干的漂亮 |
[15:53] | Oh, I was just teeing up your nuclear agreement. | 我不过是在落实你们的核协议而已 |
[15:55] | That was amazing. | 棒极了 |
[15:56] | It all starts at the top, but thanks. | 都是顶层领导们的功劳 还是谢谢您 |
[15:58] | This is my assistant, Blake Moran. | 这是我的助理 布莱克·莫兰 |
[16:00] | – Hi. Nice to meet you. – Hi. | -您好 幸会幸会 -你好 |
[16:01] | Now I have to reschedule you. | 现在我得重新安排一下您了 |
[16:03] | Yes, I’m so sorry, but there’s an emergency White House thing. | 没错 太抱歉了 可是白宫有紧急事件 |
[16:07] | It must be smallpox. That’s a doozy. | 一定是天花的事情 显然 |
[16:09] | Yeah. It is. | 没错 |
[16:10] | Um, can we walk you out? | 能边走边说吗 |
[16:12] | – Yeah, sure. Okay. – You’re enjoying the book tour? | – 当然 -新书宣传巡回还好吧 |
[16:14] | Uh, if by “Enjoy,” | 如果你说还好的意思 |
[16:15] | you mean “Enduring it like a root canal,” Yes. | 指的是像给牙齿做根管治疗一样 没错 |
[16:17] | I am much more comfortable behind the scenes. | 我还是更喜欢在幕后 |
[16:19] | Well, we loved you on, uh, Word of the Nation. | 我们都非常喜欢你的《国家之言》 |
[16:23] | Oh. I told my daughter that I… | 我和我女儿说 |
[16:25] | genuinely envy your life right now. | 我真心羡慕你现在的生活 |
[16:29] | Don’t tell me you’re thinking about checking out. | 别跟我说你打算急流勇退了 |
[16:31] | Well, when the time comes. | 该走总会走的 |
[16:32] | Well, I hope that isn’t any time soon, | 那我希望不是近期 |
[16:34] | because you are doing what so many of us | 因为您现在所做的 |
[16:36] | wanted to do for years. | 是我们很多人多年的夙愿 |
[16:39] | Getting Dalton to pivot his whole foreign policy | 通过那在突尼斯的那个军事基地 |
[16:41] | with that military base in Tunisia? | 使得道尔顿改变了外交政策 |
[16:43] | That was fierce. | 太厉害了 |
[16:44] | A lot of people worked together to make that happen. | 这是很多人共同努力的结果 |
[16:47] | She’s being modest. | 她说的没错 |
[16:47] | Stay in the game as long as you can. | 能干多久就干多久 |
[16:49] | The farm will always be there. | 农场就在那儿 跑不了 |
[16:51] | And I sleep a lot better knowing that someone like you | 有您这样的人忠于职守在这个岗位上 |
[16:52] | is at the switch. | 我会睡得好很多 |
[16:55] | Well, this was the most encouraging walk | 这是我经历过的最振奋人心的 |
[16:57] | to the elevator I’ve ever had. | 通往电梯之行了 |
[16:58] | And I hate to cut it short, but… | 我不想长话短说 不过 |
[17:00] | No, the pleasure was all mine. Really. | 是我的荣幸 真的 |
[17:03] | Oh, listen. Um… | 对了 |
[17:04] | Before I forget, and I hate to ask you to do this, | 幸好我没忘 实在不好意思张口 |
[17:06] | but would you sign that to Russell Jackson for me? | 但您能否为拉塞尔·杰克逊签个名 |
[17:09] | – Absolutely. – Pen. | -当然 -笔 |
[17:10] | Oh. Yeah, yeah. | 没错 |
[17:12] | So, smallpox. | 这么说 天花 |
[17:14] | You must be thinking Russia gave it to the guy. | 你一定觉得是俄罗斯让这个人感染上的 |
[17:16] | How else could he get it, right? | 不然还能怎样 对吧 |
[17:18] | Except it’s totally reckless, even by Russia’s standards. | 但这简直太冒失了 即使按照俄罗斯的标准 |
[17:21] | Then again, the guy’s an eco-warrior, | 老生重弹 这个人是生态斗士 |
[17:23] | and there’s nothing Russia hates more | 俄罗斯最恨的就是 |
[17:25] | than an annoying dissident pointing out | 令人讨厌的不同政见者 |
[17:26] | the ecological nightmare of Russia’s oil fields. | 指出俄罗斯油田的生态噩梦 |
[17:30] | We should, uh, really… | 我们真得… |
[17:31] | But then it hit me. | 但我突然想到 |
[17:32] | The oil spill in Siberia. | 石油污染发生在西伯利亚 |
[17:34] | That’s how he got it. | 他就是这么感染的 |
[17:36] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:37] | In Siberia, the permafrost is thawing. | 在西伯利亚 永冻土正在解冻 |
[17:40] | Unearthing all kinds of nastiness, | 不断释放各种污秽之物 |
[17:43] | including diseases that the world thought were long dead. | 包括全世界都认为早已灭绝的疾病 |
[17:46] | He must’ve gotten it | 他一定是在 |
[17:47] | when he was there taking pictures of the oil spill. | 拍摄石油污染照片的时候感染的 |
[17:48] | Zombie smallpox? | 僵尸天花病毒 |
[17:50] | Should we continue this on the way down? | 要不要下楼的路上接着聊 |
[17:53] | – Yeah. Could… – Yeah. | -好 可以吗 -当然 |
[17:55] | One thing I learned from the avocado farm, | 我在鳄梨农场学到的一件事 |
[17:57] | the Earth is basically like a five-year-old. | 地球基本上就是个五岁的孩子 |
[18:00] | You give it everything it wants– the best food | 你供给他想要的一切 最好的事物 |
[18:02] | and love and attention– it is non-stop bounty, but… | 爱和关爱 永不间断 可是 |
[18:05] | you pollute it with crap, | 你用垃圾污染它 |
[18:07] | ignore all the signs that it needs a nap and push it too far? | 忽略的它想睡一小觉的信号 并渐行渐远 |
[18:11] | Pretty soon, you’ve got an overlooked middle child | 很快 你就养成了一个过度关怀的孩子 |
[18:12] | who will demand your attention by killing the babysitter. | 而他会杀死保姆来吸引你的注意 |
[18:19] | Anyway, yeah. | 不论如何 |
[18:20] | Permafrost. That’s where I would look. | 永冻土 我会走这个方向 |
[18:32] | I’m not defending | 我不是在维护 |
[18:33] | the history of communism. | 共产主义的历史 |
[18:36] | I’m saying it was a more | 我是说 |
[18:37] | fundamentally moral system than capitalism. | 共产主义从基础上比资本主义更道德 |
[18:43] | Okay, okay. | 好了好了 |
[18:44] | We’re not gonna solve this today, | 咱们今天解决不了这个问题 |
[18:46] | but let-let me lea– let me just leave you with one thing. | 但我给你们留个作业 |
[18:48] | In the ideological struggle | 在民主和独裁的 |
[18:50] | between democracy and authoritarianism, | 意识形态斗争中 |
[18:52] | I’m not here to question what’s right or wrong, | 我不是来提问谁对谁错的 |
[18:55] | but I will point out that there’s only one | 但我要指出 只有一种意识形态 |
[18:57] | that allows you to question what’s right and wrong. | 允许你向对和错提出质疑 |
[19:01] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[19:01] | Thank you– very good discussion today. Thanks. | 谢谢 非常棒的讨论 谢谢 |
[19:04] | Uh, paper topics by Friday, please. | 请在周五前定下论文主题 |
[19:13] | You know, I’m still not convinced. | 我还没被说服 |
[19:15] | Yeah, I got that, Sal. | 我知道 索尔 |
[19:17] | Why don’t you take it up in your paper? | 在论文里写写吧 |
[19:19] | You know, actually, I have a thought I’d like to run by you. | 实际上 我需要和您商量商量 |
[19:27] | I’m working on a DEA case, | 我在研究一个缉毒局的案子 |
[19:28] | and a couple of weeks ago, this FBI agent got his cover blown. | 几周之前 这个联调局的探员身份暴露了 |
[19:33] | Two years undercover with MS-13. | 在MS-13卧底两年 |
[19:36] | Now, it got me thinking about long-term effects | 这让我想到深度卧底的对人产生的长期影响 |
[19:39] | of working deep cover, and if it’s moral | 以及为了更大的利益 |
[19:44] | to ask someone to pretend to be bad for a greater good? | 而让一个人假装坏人是否道德 |
[19:48] | Well, that’s very good. | 这很好 |
[19:51] | Complicated. I look forward to reading it. | 很复杂 我期待着拜读你的论文 |
[19:52] | Uh, thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[19:57] | Hey, Sal. | 索尔 留步 |
[20:00] | This agent, did he get out okay? | 这位特工 他成功脱身了吗 |
[20:02] | He got out. | 他脱身了 |
[20:18] | Hey, Dylan. | 迪伦 你好 |
[20:19] | Listen, I need you to, uh, look into a case for me. | 我需要你帮我查个案子 |
[20:23] | How does an eradicated disease | 一种已经被根除的疾病 |
[20:25] | just show up in Siberia? | 怎么会在西伯利亚出现 |
[20:27] | Well, Mr. President, our working theory is permafrost. | 总统先生 我们目前认为是永冻土的原因 |
[20:31] | The permanently frozen soil | 永冻土是 |
[20:32] | under the topsoil in Arctic regions. | 北极地区的表层土下永远冻结着的土地 |
[20:34] | We’re aware. | 我们知道 |
[20:35] | Permafrost is so cold, organic matter inside anything | 永冻土层温度很低 死后被埋在其中的生物 |
[20:38] | that dies in the Arctic doesn’t decompose. | 体内的有机物永远不会腐烂 |
[20:40] | Carbon dioxide in plants, | 植物中的二氧化碳 |
[20:42] | anthrax inside infected reindeer, | 受到感染而死的驯鹿携带的炭疽热病菌 |
[20:45] | smallpox in humans, | 人类的天花 |
[20:48] | remains frozen in the ground, dormant. | 都在永冻土中处于休眠状态 |
[20:51] | Until the permafrost thaws, | 直到冻土消融 |
[20:52] | like it’s doing in Siberia. | 现在正在西伯利亚发生 |
[20:54] | Then, it all gets released. | 这些东西就都被释放了 |
[20:57] | And the Arctic is warming twice as fast | 北极的变暖速度 |
[20:59] | as the rest of the planet. | 是地球上其他地方的两倍 |
[21:01] | So Russia isn’t weaponizing smallpox. | 所以把天花当武器的并不是俄罗斯 |
[21:03] | The Earth is. | 而是地球 |
[21:06] | If we don’t act fast to work with Russia to contain this, | 如果我们不尽快与俄罗斯合作遏制这一局面 |
[21:10] | we could be looking at a global pandemic. | 就有可能发生全球大爆发 |
[21:15] | Unfortunately, I think we’re better equipped | 不幸的是 我认为我们的装备更适合 |
[21:17] | to fight Mother Russia than Mother Nature. | 对付俄罗斯 而不是地球母亲 |
[21:21] | Well, we’re about to do battle with both. | 很快 我们就要双面开战了 |
[21:29] | Konstantin, I think there was a misunderstanding | 康斯坦丁 我认为上次我们交谈时 |
[21:32] | last time we spoke. | 发生了一些误会 |
[21:34] | If you felt I implied in any way that your government | 如果你觉得我暗示了贵国政府 |
[21:37] | would deliberately infect its own citizens with smallpox, | 故意用天花来感染自己的公民 |
[21:41] | I apologize. | 我为此道歉 |
[21:42] | I had no evidence of that. | 我没有证据 |
[21:43] | I thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:45] | Once Artem Markevich has recuperated and returned to Moscow, | 一旦阿提姆·马尔克维奇康复并返回莫斯科 |
[21:49] | we can hopefully put this behind us. | 我们可以把这次不愉快抛在脑后 |
[21:52] | Well, before we get to that, | 不过 在此之前 |
[21:54] | we need to talk about where he got the illness. | 我们得谈谈他得病的原因 |
[21:56] | We’ve become aware of the outbreak in Siberia, | 我们注意到了西伯利亚爆发的疫情 |
[21:59] | and we have some theories… | 我们有一些理论… |
[22:00] | I’m not aware of any such outbreak. | 西伯利亚并未爆发疫情 |
[22:02] | Fortunately, it seems to be manageable. | 幸运的是 这次爆发似乎是可以控制的 |
[22:04] | And we’re hoping that, with the help of our CDC team, | 我们希望在我国疾病防治中心的帮助下 |
[22:06] | we can get it quickly contained. | 可以很快地控制疫情 |
[22:08] | Any health crisis can be fully handled | 我们自己的卫生部完全可以 |
[22:12] | by our own health ministry. | 处理任何健康危机 |
[22:14] | And I have to inform you, | 我必须告诉你 |
[22:16] | unless you agree to return our citizen, | 除非你同意归还我们的公民 |
[22:19] | all key U.S. diplomats will be expelled from Russia, | 所有的美国主要外交官都将被驱逐出俄罗斯 |
[22:23] | effective immediately. | 立即生效 |
[22:25] | You don’t want to do that. | 这对你没好处 |
[22:26] | You know we have to respond. | 你知道我们必须采取回应 |
[22:27] | I’m afraid this is your doing, | 恐怕这是你们自作自受 |
[22:30] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[22:32] | Um, I’m sorry, ma’am. The hospital called. | 不好意思国务卿 医院打来电话了 |
[22:34] | Artem Markevich has taken a turn for the worse. | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇的病情恶化了 |
[22:39] | I looked into your student’s story | 我看了看你学生写的 |
[22:40] | about that blown undercover agent. | 关于被泄露身份的特工的报告 |
[22:43] | – And? – It’s all pretty straightforward, | -然后呢 -过程很简单 |
[22:44] | but I found something else. | 但我发现了别的 |
[22:51] | There’s an interagency task force | 有一个跨部门的特别工作组 |
[22:53] | doing a review of the entire intelligence community. | 对整个情报界进行审查 |
[22:56] | Agents blown, assets killed or compromised. | 暴露身份的特工 被杀或被暴露线人 |
[22:59] | I called in a huge favor | 我托了很多关系 |
[23:01] | and got a list of their initial findings. | 才拿到了他们最初发现的清单 |
[23:03] | All of this in the last month? | 光上个月就有这么多人 |
[23:04] | Right when Nafisa got taken. | 正是娜菲莎被抓的时候 |
[23:06] | I mean, maybe it’s just a coincidence. | 也许只是巧合 |
[23:08] | Or maybe the CIA isn’t the only agency dealing with a leak. | 也许不只是中情局发生资料泄露 |
[23:11] | It’s got to be a hack, right? | 肯定是受到了网络攻击 对吧 |
[23:12] | I mean, all these operations are compartmentalized. | 所有这些任务都是相互隔离的 |
[23:15] | The only people that have security clearance high enough | 只有那些安全权限足够高的人 |
[23:18] | to know about all these different ops… | 才知道所有这些任务 |
[23:20] | You’re right. It’s got to be a hack. | 你说的没错 我们肯定被攻击了 |
[23:22] | I’ll handle this from here. Thank you. | 接下来由我接手 谢谢 |
[23:39] | I’m glad to finally welcome you in person. | 很高兴终于和你见面了 |
[23:42] | Well, uh, it’s not how I imagined it. | 这场景和我想象的不太一样 |
[23:46] | I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. | 我为你的遭遇感到遗憾 |
[23:49] | You have to admire the irony. | 这太讽刺了 |
[23:52] | I devote my life to saving Earth, | 我毕生致力于拯救地球 |
[23:55] | and this is the thanks I get. | 地球就这样感谢我 |
[23:58] | Well, I’m thanking you, Artem. | 我要感谢你 阿提姆 |
[24:01] | And the world will thank you. | 世界也会感谢你的 |
[24:09] | And the others on the plane? | 飞机上的其他人呢 |
[24:12] | They’re being monitored, but it seems they’re gonna be okay. | 他们还在观察期 但应该没事 |
[24:16] | And Russia is working hard to contain the Siberian outbreak. | 俄罗斯正在努力控制西伯利亚的疫情 |
[24:27] | Listen, you should rest. | 你应该多休息 |
[24:29] | And then I am gonna take you on the most VIP tour of D.C. | 然后我要带你去享受华盛顿最豪华的游览 |
[24:36] | No monuments. | 我不想看名胜古迹 |
[24:40] | I just want to see the blue sky. | 我只想看蓝天 |
[24:57] | That was a long day. | 今天真难熬 |
[24:59] | Endless. | 好像永远完不了一样 |
[25:03] | How did, uh, how did it go with Jace? | 小杰怎么样 |
[25:09] | I think I’m still processing it. | 我到现在都难以接受 |
[25:11] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[25:13] | Well, I told him we wanted to limit his time with Piper | 我告诉他 我们希望他在非周末的晚上 |
[25:16] | on school nights, and he freaked out. | 不要和派珀在一起太久 他就发飙了 |
[25:19] | He said we wanted to banish him. | 他说我们想驱逐他 |
[25:20] | “Banish”? | 驱逐他 |
[25:22] | He actually said that? | 他真是这么说的 |
[25:23] | Ah, he went full-on John Keats. | 完全济慈附体[英国浪漫派诗人] |
[25:27] | Is he in love? | 他爱上她了吗 |
[25:28] | He said, “Dad, I love her.” | 他说 “爸爸 我爱她” |
[25:29] | Oh, that is so adorable. | 太可爱了 |
[25:32] | – Right? – Yeah, it’s adorable. | -对吧 -是很可爱 |
[25:34] | It’s also kind of tragic. | 也挺让人感伤的 |
[25:36] | I mean, he has no idea how it’s gonna feel when this ends. | 他完全不知道分手的时候自己会多伤心 |
[25:39] | Oh, come on. It’s puppy love. | 算了吧 这是他的青春期恋爱 |
[25:41] | He’ll be okay. | 他不会有事的 |
[25:42] | It’s way past puppy love. | 可不像初恋那么清纯 |
[25:44] | This is… all the way. | 他们已经把该干的都干了 |
[25:47] | All the way, all the way? | 什么事都干了吗 |
[25:49] | – Yeah. – Oh, no. No, no. He’s too young. | -是啊 -那可不行 他太小了 |
[25:52] | He’s not ten anymore. | 他又不是十岁 |
[25:53] | 16 is too young. He’s not ready. | 十六岁也还太小 他还没准备好 |
[25:55] | We need to have the talk. | 我们得教育教育他 |
[25:56] | We already did. We already talked to him. | 我们已经教育过他了 |
[25:57] | No, that was the kids version. | 那是小孩子的版本 |
[25:59] | We need to get the NC-17 version, | 现在得是十七岁的版本 |
[26:02] | with the warnings and the fear. | 带着警告和恐惧 |
[26:04] | And the beauty and the transcendence. | 还有美和超然 |
[26:05] | I’m sure he understands the “Sex feels good” Part. | 我确信他能理解”性爱感觉很好”的那部分 |
[26:09] | The other stuff we need to hit. | 我们需要点到其他问题 |
[26:11] | Okay. I’ll talk to him. | 好吧 我来和他谈 |
[26:14] | No offense, | 没别的意思 |
[26:15] | but do you think maybe that I should be a part of it? | 你不觉得我也应该参与吗 |
[26:18] | I mean, I know, I know it’s weird, | 我知道这很别扭 |
[26:19] | but it’s a new day. | 但现在是新时代了 |
[26:21] | I mean, he could benefit from a woman’s perspective. | 他可以从一个女人的看法中受益 |
[26:23] | – Babe, uh… – No? Too weird? | -亲爱的… -不行吗 太奇怪了吗 |
[26:25] | Look, you talked to the girls. I’ll talk to Jason. | 你管咱的闺女们 我来管杰森 |
[26:27] | Uh, Jay, yes. | 喂 杰伊 |
[26:31] | Oh, that’s awful. | 太不幸了 |
[26:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:37] | We’ll talk about it tomorrow. | 我们明天谈这件事 |
[26:38] | Thank you for letting me know. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[26:42] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[26:43] | Artem Markevich, the dissident we took in from Russia– | 阿提姆·马尔克维奇 俄罗斯的环保人士 |
[26:47] | he died. | 死了 |
[26:55] | After Artem literally gave his life trying to save this planet, | 阿提姆为拯救这个星球而献出了自己的生命 |
[26:59] | I mean, I can’t help but thinking | 我忍不住想 |
[27:00] | that there is more that we could do. | 我们能做的还有很多 |
[27:03] | I mean, yes, we are taking care | 没错 我们正在限制 |
[27:05] | of our carbon footprint, | 我们的碳排放量 |
[27:07] | but I know that there’s more that we can do, | 但我知道我们还能做更多 |
[27:11] | especially around saving the permafrost. | 特别是在保护永冻土的问题上 |
[27:14] | So, no filters. | 你们要无所保留 |
[27:16] | I mean, let’s hear it– your best | 你们那些灵光乍现 不拘一格的想法 |
[27:18] | half-past-midnight, out-of-the-box ideas. | 都跟我说说 |
[27:21] | Anything. | 什么都可以 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:25] | This one is a stretch. | 这是一个可伸展的薄膜 |
[27:29] | Literally. | 真的 |
[27:29] | Uh, a glaciologist wants to stretch Mylar | 一位冰川学家想要在整个北极 |
[27:32] | over the entire North Pole. | 覆盖上这种可伸展薄膜 |
[27:34] | Sort of, um, a giant UV reflecting blanket. | 就像是一个巨大的 可以反射紫外线的毯子 |
[27:39] | How does anything stay alive under it? | 但它下面就什么都不生长了 |
[27:41] | I think that’s supposed to be an acceptable margin of error. | 我认为这应该是可以接受的误差范围 |
[27:44] | Right, there’s a… | 没错 有一个… |
[27:45] | There’s this pretty cutting edge geoengineering idea | 有一个非常前沿的地球工程理念 |
[27:49] | of suspending giant | 讲的是把巨大的氦气球 |
[27:50] | helium-filled balloons over lakes, | 悬挂在湖面上方 |
[27:52] | which, uh, pump water up | 把水吸起来变成气体 |
[27:55] | into a gas that then releases heat-absorbing crystals. | 然后释放吸热晶体 |
[28:00] | Are there any risk factors? | 这有什么风险吗? |
[28:02] | Well, it’s completely untested. No one knows. | 完全没经过测验 没人知道 |
[28:04] | Anyone have anything a little closer to the box? | 谁有稍微靠谱一点的主意? |
[28:08] | Woolly mammoths! | 长毛猛犸象 |
[28:09] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[28:10] | Sorry, I’m completely out of practice with traffic. | 对不起 我完全不习惯这里的交通情况 |
[28:13] | Where did all those cars come from? | 哪儿来的这么多汽车 |
[28:15] | Everybody, this is Kat Sandoval. | 各位 这位是凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[28:17] | She is the reason we are talking about permafrost. | 因为她 我们才会开始谈论永冻土 |
[28:20] | And woolly mammoths. | 还有长毛猛犸象 |
[28:22] | Right. Okay. So… | 没错 好吧… |
[28:27] | In the Arctic, you’ve got your permafrost. | 在北极 有永冻土 |
[28:32] | Above that, you’ve got a thin layer of topsoil | 在上面 有一层薄薄的表层土 |
[28:37] | where the grass grows, et cetera. | 上面长草什么的 |
[28:41] | During the winter, | 在冬季 |
[28:42] | the snow piles up on the topsoil. | 雪堆积在表层土上 |
[28:47] | So now you’re probably thinking, “Sweet. | 所以现在你可能会想 “不错嘛” |
[28:48] | The snow will keep it cool.” Right? Wrong. | “雪会保持冻土低温”对吗 你错了 |
[28:51] | What keeps the ground cool | 让地面保持冰冷的 |
[28:53] | is the cold air blowing through the tundra. | 是吹过冻土带的冷空气 |
[28:56] | But this snow is actually acting like a down comforter, | 但雪的作用就像羽绒被 |
[29:00] | preventing the air from cooling the ground. | 防止空气冷却地面 |
[29:05] | Well, back in the Ice Age, | 在冰河时代 |
[29:07] | this wasn’t a problem because… | 这不是问题 因为… |
[29:12] | woolly mammoths existed | 当时有猛犸象 |
[29:14] | to kick the covers off | 它们在雪地上走来走去 |
[29:16] | by trampling the snow. | 会把这层雪被子踢掉 |
[29:19] | This would be the extinct woolly mammoth? | 您说的是那个已经灭绝的猛犸象吗 |
[29:24] | There is a group of scientists | 有一群科学家 |
[29:25] | working on a mammoth clone, | 正在研究克隆猛犸象 |
[29:26] | but we are much closer | 但我们手边就有 |
[29:28] | to a mammoth- elephant hybrid. | 猛犸象和大象的混合体 |
[29:30] | So, to review, we have giant plastic blanket, | 总结一下 我们可以用巨大的塑料毯子 |
[29:34] | gas cloud theory that’s never been tested, | 从未被测试过的气体云理论 |
[29:36] | and reanimating prehistoric animals. | 复活史前动物 |
[29:40] | It could also work with bison, musk ox, uh, reindeer… | 野牛 麝牛 驯鹿都能行 |
[29:43] | – Caribou. – Yes, you feel me. | -北美驯鹿 -是的 你们都明白了 |
[29:45] | We need snow tramplers. | 我们需要动物来踢开这层雪 |
[29:47] | There was a study where they reintroduced livestock | 有一项研究 他们把牲畜 |
[29:49] | to a contained area, | 重新引入了自然保护区 |
[29:50] | and the permafrost temperature was remarkably cooler. | 那期间 永冻土的温度低得多 |
[29:52] | What about tanks? | 坦克呢 |
[29:53] | Would-would tanks have a similar snow-trampling effect? | 坦克有类似的除雪效应吗 |
[29:56] | Possibly, but… | 也许有 但是… |
[29:58] | the whole idea is to reintroduce Ice Age plant life, too. | 我的想法还包括重新引入冰河时代植物 |
[30:01] | Reintroducing Arctic flora and fauna– | 重新引入北极植物群和动物群 |
[30:04] | I-I can sell that. | 我可以用这个说服别人 |
[30:05] | All right, we could start small, | 好吧 我们可以先小范围试验一下 |
[30:07] | instituting pilot programs in countries with permafrost. | 在永冻土区国家建立试点项目 |
[30:09] | If there’s improvement, expand from there. | 如果情况有改善 就扩大规模 |
[30:11] | We’d have to get every country with permafrost on board. | 我们必须让每个有永冻土的国家参与进来 |
[30:14] | Russia has the most. | 俄罗斯的冻土带最多 |
[30:16] | Good thing we’re on such good terms with them. | 幸好我们的关系很好 |
[30:21] | We checked with our climatologists. | 我们联系了气候学家 |
[30:23] | The science holds water. | 其中的科学理论是成立的 |
[30:26] | Ecosystem restoration could have | 生态系统的恢复可以 |
[30:29] | a real effect on saving permafrost. | 对保护永冻土产生真正的影响 |
[30:32] | By bringing back woolly mammoths. | 通过带回长毛猛犸象 |
[30:36] | I don’t remember that kind of thing | 我记得《侏罗纪公园》里 |
[30:38] | going well in Jurassic Park. | 都没有这样的情节 |
[30:39] | We’d start with bison, moose and reindeer. | 我们从野牛 驼鹿和驯鹿开始 |
[30:42] | It’s worth a shot. | 值得一试 |
[30:45] | You have my okay for a pilot program in Alaska. | 我同意在阿拉斯加的试点计划 |
[30:48] | Okay, great. Canada is a lock. | 太好了 加拿大搞定了 |
[30:50] | Greenland will be receptive. | 格陵兰岛应该没问题 |
[30:52] | What about Russia? | 俄罗斯呢 |
[30:54] | Yeah. | 呵呵 |
[30:55] | Avdonin’s ghosting me, so I’m gonna have to go to Moscow | 阿多宁躲着我 所以我要去莫斯科 |
[30:58] | and put it in front of him. | 跟他当面交涉 |
[31:01] | It would help if I had a free hand to negotiate. | 如果我能自由地谈判 那将会有帮助 |
[31:09] | What are you thinking? | 你什么意思 |
[31:12] | Hold off on expelling Russia’s diplomats. | 推迟驱逐俄罗斯外交官 |
[31:14] | I don’t like letting that go unanswered. | 我不想让这件事情来而不往 |
[31:16] | Makes us look weak. | 让我们显得软弱 |
[31:17] | They’ve already agreed | 他们已经同意 |
[31:18] | to let the CDC help contain this first outbreak. | 让疾病控制中心帮忙控制首次疫情 |
[31:21] | I think they’re ready to bargain, | 我认为他们已经准备好谈判了 |
[31:22] | especially when I tell them about these giant bubbles | 特别是当我告诉他们永冻土层最终融化时 |
[31:26] | of methane gas and CO2 that will be released | 这些含有甲烷气体和二氧化碳 |
[31:29] | when the permafrost finally melts, | 的巨大的泡沫将破碎 |
[31:31] | basically rendering our planet uninhabitable. | 到时我们的星球就基本上无法居住了 |
[31:37] | Hell, if that doesn’t convince them to try to fix it, | 如果这都不能说服他们行动起来 |
[31:39] | I don’t know what will. | 那就真的没戏了 |
[31:44] | All right, Bess. | 好吧 贝丝 |
[31:45] | Give it a shot. | 试一试吧 |
[31:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 总统先生 |
[31:49] | So, Moscow. | 你要去莫斯科 |
[31:51] | Anything I need to know? | 有什么我需要知道的吗 |
[31:52] | No. Another climate initiative. | 没有 是为了另一个气候倡议书 |
[31:55] | Let’s hope maybe this one does something. | 希望这次能有用 |
[31:59] | Oh, hey, how’d the talk go with Keats? | 你和济慈谈得怎么样 |
[32:01] | Oh, it hasn’t happened yet. | 还没谈呢 |
[32:03] | Henry, come on. I’m getting a little antsy here. | 亨利 别这样 我都快急死了 |
[32:06] | Could you get it done by the weekend? | 你能在周末之前跟他谈吗 |
[32:07] | Definitely, yeah. | 当然可以 |
[32:09] | Uh, you know, it’s not gonna be the same talk | 你知道 这和你教育咱闺女们的 |
[32:11] | you gave the girls, exactly. | 那种谈话不太一样 |
[32:12] | Why not? | 哪儿不一样 |
[32:14] | Well, you know, I thought I’d… do the basics. | 我以为我会… 谈些最基本的 |
[32:16] | Risk of pregnancy, STDs… | 怀孕的风险 性病… |
[32:18] | Not letting yourself get pressured | 不要逼自己 |
[32:19] | into anything you’re not ready for, | 做自己还没准备好的事 |
[32:21] | giving and getting consent. | 给予和获得同意 |
[32:22] | – All that’s the same. – True. | -这些都是一样的 -没错 |
[32:24] | And then I would get into how physical intimacy | 然后我会讲到肉体上的亲密 |
[32:26] | is all tied in with emotional intimacy. | 如何与情感上的亲密感紧密相连 |
[32:28] | I mean, how that can feel really good, | 的确让你飘飘欲仙 |
[32:30] | but it can also really break your heart. | 但也会让你很伤心 |
[32:31] | I mean, ending a, uh, sexual relationship | 我是说 结束一段涉及肉体的恋爱关系 |
[32:34] | is a lot more difficult than ending a nonsexual one. | 比结束一段纯精神恋爱难多了 |
[32:37] | You know what, maybe we should do this together. | 你知道吗 也许我们应该一起和他谈 |
[32:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:41] | Because I was getting very okay | 你要是想自己去 |
[32:43] | with you doing it by yourself. | 我一点意见都没有 |
[32:44] | No, you were right, you were right. | 不 你说得对 |
[32:46] | I think he could benefit from your perspective. | 我认为他能从你的观点中获益 |
[32:48] | How much time do you have? You want to do it now? | 你有多少时间 你想现在去和他谈吗 |
[32:50] | No, I can’t. | 不行 |
[32:51] | I mean, I have to be out the door in ten minutes. | 我十分钟后得出门 |
[32:54] | Well, that’s perfect. | 那正好 |
[32:55] | No time to overthink. Just in and out. | 这样就没时间多想了 速战速决 |
[32:58] | So to speak. | 话是这么说 |
[33:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:07] | Jace, the thing we’re trying to say to you is… | 小杰 我们想说的是 |
[33:09] | – Sex kills. – What? | -红颜祸水 -什么 |
[33:11] | What-what mom means is that when-when you have sex, | 妈妈的意思是 当你做爱的时候 |
[33:15] | there are consequences that you might not be… | 可能会有你想不到的后果… |
[33:16] | things that could alter the whole rest of your life. | 那些可能会改变你整个余生的事情 |
[33:17] | ready to deal with. | 你还没准备好承受的后果 |
[33:19] | I mean, it’s emotional. It’s thrilling. | 性爱很动人 是令人兴奋的 |
[33:21] | But you got to think about things like, you know, | 但是你得考虑那些 |
[33:24] | unwanted pregnancy and diseases… | 意外怀孕和疾病 |
[33:25] | Guys, we’re not having sex. | 我们没有上床 |
[33:28] | – What was that? – You’re not? | -什么 -你们没有吗 |
[33:29] | No, I… | 没有 我… |
[33:32] | Okay, Piper feels that when you have a spiritual connection | 派珀觉得我们在精神上这么有默契 |
[33:35] | like we do, sex isn’t necessary, | 根本不需要做爱 |
[33:38] | so we’re-we’re just kind of above that. | 所以我们已经不讨论这事了 |
[33:43] | Are we good? | 这样行了吗 |
[33:43] | – Yup, we’re good. – I think that covers it. Yeah. | -行了 -该说的都说了 |
[33:49] | Piper’s parents beat us to the punch. | 派珀的父母真是完胜 |
[33:53] | Good messaging, though. | 不过也我们传达了正确的观念 |
[33:55] | “Sex kills”? | 你那句”红颜祸水”是什么意思 |
[33:57] | I know. I saw the ten-year-old and I panicked. | 我一看见他就慌了 |
[33:59] | – That’s good messaging? Sex… – I know… | 这算什么正确观念 红颜… 我知道 |
[34:09] | Boy, Kat, you are a difficult person to find. | 凯特 你可真难找 |
[34:13] | And I’m sorry to intrude and I promise from now on out, | 我很抱歉打扰了 我保证以后 |
[34:16] | all of our conversations will be about avocados | 我只跟你谈论鳄梨 |
[34:18] | and how incredibly cool your hair is. | 还有你的发型有多酷 |
[34:20] | But right now I have a plane waiting for me on the tarmac | 但现在我有一架飞机在等我 |
[34:23] | and I have been over and over the research. | 而我一直在一遍遍地看相关研究 |
[34:26] | Hang on a second. | 稍等 |
[34:27] | Can I get a coffee to go, please? Thank you. | 我要一杯咖啡 外带 谢谢 |
[34:29] | – Why don’t you try a veggie kebab? – I don’t have time. | -尝尝素食土耳其烤肉多好 -我没时间 |
[34:31] | I can’t. You know, okay. | 我不行 好吧 |
[34:34] | Um, can you, can you add a kebab to that order? | 我能不能再加一份土耳其烤肉 |
[34:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:40] | You were looking at the research. | 你在看相关研究 |
[34:41] | For the woolly mammoth initiative. Right. | 关于长毛猛犸象的提议 是的 |
[34:43] | So… | 那… |
[34:46] | I understand science and I know that we… | 我懂科学 我也知道我们… |
[34:49] | There you go. | 请用 |
[34:52] | …I know I can get Russia to sign off. | …我知道我可以让俄罗斯签约 |
[34:54] | But I don’t want this to be a thing | 但我不想让这成为一件 |
[34:56] | where they agree for the optics | 双方都为了做姿态而表面同意 |
[34:59] | and then nothing really happens. | 而没有实际行动的约定 |
[35:01] | I mean, how do we make this agreement | 我们如何才能让俄罗斯 |
[35:03] | something that Russia actually wants to follow through on? | 自觉自愿地想要完成这个协议呢 |
[35:09] | Um, because a smallpox outbreak | 因为天花疫情爆发了 |
[35:10] | or the fact that everything built on top of permafrost can… | 或者是所有建在永冻土上的东西都会… |
[35:15] | drop into a sinkhole isn’t enough? | 掉进坑里 还不够吗 |
[35:18] | Here’s what we’re up against. Hmm? | 我们真正面对的问题是 |
[35:20] | Melting permafrost makes Arctic oil easier to drill. | 融化的永冻土使北极的石油更容易开采 |
[35:25] | Right. | 没错 |
[35:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:35] | Peat moss. | 泥炭苔藓 |
[35:39] | Peat moss. | 泥炭苔藓 |
[35:40] | Or as you like to call it, torfjanoj moh. | 俄语里叫水藓 |
[35:45] | The magic stuff that you put in gardens | 这种你放在花园里的神奇植物 |
[35:47] | and it makes everything grow. | 可以令一切生长 |
[35:48] | Yes, we have used it as fuel. | 是的 我们用它当燃料 |
[35:50] | I know, right? | 我知道 对吧 |
[35:52] | So many uses, which is why it gets overmined. | 它有很多用途 所以它才会被过度开采 |
[35:56] | You know what else peat moss is great for? | 你知道泥炭苔藓还有什么好处吗 |
[35:59] | Keeping the ground temperature stable. | 保持地面温度稳定 |
[36:02] | So, whereas | 所以虽然 |
[36:04] | a blanket of snow warms the permafrost, | 雪覆盖在永冻土层会引起冻土融化 |
[36:08] | a layer of peat on top of the permafrost | 但永冻土层上的泥炭 |
[36:11] | acts like insulation, | 就像隔离层 |
[36:13] | so the ground doesn’t warm or cool. | 所以地面的温度不升也不降 |
[36:15] | It just stays stable. | 保持稳定 |
[36:17] | That’s what we need. | 这正是我们需要的 |
[36:19] | What are you asking? | 你想说什么 |
[36:21] | Next to Canada, Russia has the second largest area | 俄罗斯仅次于加拿大 拥有全世界 |
[36:24] | of peat bogs in the world. | 第二大的泥炭沼泽 |
[36:26] | Now, I-I know that Russia needs access | 现在 我知道俄罗斯需要开采 |
[36:29] | to its natural resources, | 自己的自然资源 |
[36:31] | so we’re not asking you to stop drilling. | 所以我们不是要求你们停止开采 |
[36:34] | But if you can agree to avoid the areas where there’s peat | 但如果你能同意避开泥炭区域 |
[36:38] | and work to preserve what remains, | 并致力保护泥炭区 |
[36:40] | that will buy us all another 100 years on this planet. | 就可以让地球再宜居一百年 |
[36:44] | Of course, if we work together, | 当然 如果我们联手合作 |
[36:46] | we could buy more time than that. | 这个时间将不止一百年 |
[36:47] | As much as I appreciate this personal appeal, Elizabeth, | 我很欣赏你的个人魅力 伊丽莎白 |
[36:52] | – the situation with the… – No, I know, I know. | -但这种情况 -不 我知道 |
[36:55] | We’re not in a great position right now | 我们现在的情况不太适合 |
[36:58] | to be asking for favors. | 要求你们帮忙 |
[37:01] | But in the spirit of reconciliation, | 但本着和解的精神 |
[37:03] | President Dalton has agreed not to expel your diplomats | 如果我们能就事此达成一致意见 |
[37:08] | if we can come to an agreement on this. | 道尔顿总统就同意不驱逐贵国外交官 |
[37:12] | I mean, come on, why don’t you say | 拜托 我们能不能 |
[37:14] | we take a step to save the planet | 采取措施拯救地球 |
[37:17] | and bring our countries back together? | 让我们两国重新团结起来 |
[37:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:25] | Elizabeth, I pledge to do everything in my power | 伊丽莎白 我发誓尽我所能 |
[37:29] | to ensure our participation in your program. | 促成你的计划 |
[37:35] | I have to tell you… | 但我得告诉你… |
[37:38] | this agreement only applies to this deal. | 本协议仅适用于这次交易 |
[37:41] | We’re still expelling your diplomats. | 我们还是要驱逐你们的外交官 |
[37:53] | It is with great pride that Canada joins the U.S., | 加拿大非常自豪地与美国 |
[37:57] | Greenland, Russia and China | 格陵兰 俄罗斯和中国一道 |
[38:00] | in this groundbreaking– | 加入这破冰… |
[38:01] | or maybe we should say ground-freezing– | 也许我们应该说 结冰倡议 |
[38:05] | initiative to protect our permafrost. | 来保护永冻土 |
[38:10] | Thank you, Jonas. | 谢谢你 乔纳斯 |
[38:20] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[38:21] | Just a little something to celebrate the successful launch | 这是为了庆祝永冻土保护工程 |
[38:23] | of the Permafrost Protection Project. | 的成功启动准备的一点小东西 |
[38:25] | I thought popsicles | 我觉得用冰棍 |
[38:27] | were more appropriate than champagne. | 比香槟更合适 |
[38:28] | Could’ve gotten champagne popsicles. | 弄点香槟冰棍就好了 |
[38:30] | Does that exist? | 有这东西吗 |
[38:32] | If it doesn’t, it should. | 如果没有就太不合理了 |
[38:33] | Yeah. You know what’s surprising? | 你猜怎么着 |
[38:35] | 9:00 A.M. is not too early for popsicles. | 早上九点吃冰棒并不算太早 |
[38:38] | Ma’am, the press conference is confirmed for noon. | 国务卿 新闻发布会确认在中午进行 |
[38:40] | Also, just a reminder, you have Kat Sandoval | 还有 提醒您一下 凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[38:42] | waiting in your office for you. | 正在办公室等您 |
[38:43] | Final policy advisor interviews at 11:00. | 还有 政策顾问最终面试定于十一点 |
[38:45] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[38:46] | I’m going to pull the trigger on that today. Promise. | 我今天一定做出决定 我保证 |
[38:51] | It’s great to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[38:53] | I was just heading back to California | 我本来要回加利福尼亚的 |
[38:54] | and I wanted to congratulate you. | 但我想祝贺你 |
[38:56] | – I heard Project Woolly Mammoth is a go. – Yes. | -我听说猛犸象计划顺利启动了 -是的 |
[38:58] | We managed to get full participation. | 我们设法让所有涉及国家都参加了 |
[39:00] | Well, ’cause you didn’t call it Project Woolly Mammoth. | 因为你没有把它叫做长毛猛犸象计划 |
[39:02] | Because we had your help. | 因为我们得到了你的帮助 |
[39:03] | Thank you, really, for everything. | 谢谢你 真的 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[39:06] | Oh, please. | 别这样 |
[39:08] | Oh, also, I wanted to give you this. | 还有 我想给你这个 |
[39:09] | You can keep the joke copy for Russell Jackson. | 我用来逗拉塞尔·杰克逊的那本你也可以留着 |
[39:12] | I know he thinks I’m nuts, but this one’s for you. | 我知道他认为我是个疯子 但这本是给你的 |
[39:15] | Good luck on the avocado farm. | 祝你的鳄梨农场一切顺利 |
[39:18] | Uh, could we have a word? | 我们能单独说句话吗 |
[39:20] | Yes, of course. Sure. | 当然可以 |
[39:27] | I hate the farm. | 我讨厌鳄梨农场 |
[39:29] | Avocados, they make no sense. | 种鳄梨 毫无意义 |
[39:32] | I thought they did, but they don’t. | 我以为种鳄梨很有意义 但其实没有 |
[39:36] | But working with you this week… | 但是这周我和你一起工作… |
[39:39] | that made sense. | 是有意义的 |
[39:42] | Well, now I’m really confused because, I mean, I thought… | 现在我真的很困惑 因为 我以为… |
[39:46] | No, I know, I know. I know. | 我明白 我明白 |
[39:48] | I wrote a whole book about how the farm saved me | 我的一整本书里写的都是农场如何拯救了我 |
[39:51] | and I completely meant it because, | 而我在书中的话也完全出于真心 |
[39:53] | I don’t know if you’ve heard, | 我不知道你们是否听说过 |
[39:54] | but, uh, I am nothing if not fully committed. | 我十个全心投入的人 |
[39:58] | I might’ve heard something about that. | 我似乎听说过 |
[39:59] | Yeah, about those stories. | 是的 你听说的那些故事 |
[40:02] | They’re all true. | 都是真实的 |
[40:04] | Well, they do keep getting one part wrong. | 好吧 有一个地方他们一直都搞错了 |
[40:06] | I didn’t throw a chair. | 我没有扔椅子 |
[40:10] | I threw a table… | 我把一张桌子 |
[40:13] | at a chair… | 扔向了一张椅子… |
[40:15] | of the Armed Services Committee. | 一名军事委员会成员的椅子 |
[40:18] | We had just been, uh, traveling through Southeast Asia, | 我们当时刚去过东南亚 |
[40:21] | setting up aid programs when I found out this guy | 建立援助计划 我发现有个人 |
[40:24] | had let himself get bribed in the… | 让自己以最愚蠢的方式 |
[40:27] | the dumbest way imaginable | 被贿赂了 |
[40:29] | and I just lost it. | 我就控制不住自己的脾气了 |
[40:33] | Do I regret it? Of course. | 我后悔吗 当然 |
[40:35] | And I worked like hell to get those people to trust me again, | 我拼命让他们再次相信我 |
[40:37] | but the problem was I didn’t trust them. | 但问题是我不信任他们 |
[40:39] | The day I quit was the day I realized | 我辞职的那天 我意识到 |
[40:41] | I didn’t want to have to throw furniture anymore. | 我不想再发火了 |
[40:46] | But then you tracked me down at a pita place | 但后来你在皮塔饼店找到了我 |
[40:48] | to talk about permafrost… | 跟我谈论冻土… |
[40:49] | Yeah, sorry about ambushing your meal. | 不好意思打扰你吃饭了 |
[40:51] | No, no, no, I loved it. | 不不不 这很好 |
[40:52] | You knew you didn’t have it yet | 你知道你还没有问到你想要的 |
[40:53] | and you weren’t gonna stop until you did. | 你就不会停止 直到你问到 |
[40:56] | Do you know how rare that is? | 你知道这有多难得吗 |
[41:00] | Look, all I wanted to say was | 我只想说 |
[41:02] | I know you’re looking for a policy advisor | 我知道你在找政策顾问 |
[41:05] | and I want to throw my hat in the ring. | 我也想要试一试 |
[41:07] | I am open-minded but decisive. | 我思想开放但果断 |
[41:12] | I will walk through fire to make things happen for you | 我会不惜一切为你办成事情 |
[41:15] | and I promise my furniture- throwing days are over. | 而且我保证再也不会扔家具了 |
[41:21] | You had me at permafrost. | 你用永冻土说服了我 |
[41:27] | She actually threw a table | 她真的对一个参议员 |
[41:32] | at a senator. | 扔过一张桌子 |
[41:33] | I mean, how often is the real story even worse than the rumor? | 这次真实的故事比谣言更热闹 |
[41:40] | You think I’m crazy for hiring her. | 你觉得我雇她太疯狂了 |
[41:43] | What? | 什么 |
[41:44] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:47] | Look, I think I need to talk. | 我想我得跟你谈谈 |
[41:50] | It’s about the leak that led to Nafisa being taken. | 是关于导致那菲莎被抓走的泄密事件的 |
[41:56] | Who was it? | 是谁 |
[41:57] | I still don’t know. | 我还不知道 |
[41:58] | There’s a task force looking at the agents | 有一个任务小组在调查 |
[42:00] | being blown in multiple departments. | 在多个部门中被暴露身份的特工 |
[42:05] | Okay. So, they’re looking into it. | 好吧 他们正在调查 |
[42:06] | – That’s good. – But the blown ops, | -这很好 -但被暴露身份的那些特工 |
[42:08] | in order to have access to that level of intel, | 要想拿到那种级别的情报 |
[42:12] | you’d have to be on the president’s cabinet. | 得在总统的内阁才行 |
[42:13] | Which is crazy. | 这不可能 |
[42:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:22] | – That leaves only eight other people it could be. – Henry. | -这样就只剩下八个嫌疑人了 -亨利 |
[42:25] | Someone in the Congressional Gang of Eight | 国会紧急状态委员会的成员 |
[42:28] | could be selling out our country. | 可能在背叛我们的国家 |
[42:32] | I don’t know who. I don’t know why. | 我不知道是谁 也不知道为什么 |
[42:34] | And I hope to hell I’m wrong, but | 我真希望我错了 但是 |
[42:38] | what if I’m not? | 如果我没错呢 |