时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Come here. Welcome back. | 来 欢迎回来 |
[00:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:08] | – Here, this one’s fresh. – Thanks. | -给 刚出炉的咖啡 -谢谢 |
[00:08] | – Oh, look at you. – Oh, I had a corner, so… | -看你呀 -我偷吃了一勺 你吃 |
[00:11] | No, he’s lying. I had the corner. | 他骗你呢 是我偷吃的 |
[00:12] | It’s fine. I had a huge breakfast. | 没事 我早餐吃得很饱 |
[00:14] | Come on, we want to see more pictures of Joanna. | 快 我们还想看乔安娜的其他照片 |
[00:16] | I’ve sent you so many already. | 我已经给你们发了好多了 |
[00:17] | But since you asked… | 但既然你们问了 |
[00:19] | Oh, here, I’ll hold your coffee. | 给 我来帮你拿咖啡 |
[00:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:22] | Wow, a lot of changes since I was gone. | 我走之后变化好多啊 |
[00:24] | Congratulations, boss. | 恭喜啦 领导 |
[00:26] | Don’t be ridiculous. Blake is still the boss. | 别闹了 布莱克还是领导 |
[00:28] | Is Kat Sandoval here? | 凯特·桑多瓦尔在吗 |
[00:30] | Oh, she’s in California wrapping up her exit strategy | 她在加利福尼亚 处理撤出 |
[00:32] | from the avocado farm. She’ll be here next week. | 鳄梨农场事宜 她下周回来 |
[00:34] | But we like her? | 我们喜欢她不 |
[00:35] | I mean, I’ve heard some things. | 我听说了她的很多轶事 |
[00:37] | She meditates now. | 她现在开始做冥想了 |
[00:38] | I get it. I breastfeed now. | 我明白 我现在母乳喂养 |
[00:40] | Oh, fun fact: when your body detects warmer temperature, | 小知识 当你的身体感受到较高温度 |
[00:43] | it’ll change the content of your breast milk | 会改变母乳中成分的含量 |
[00:44] | to provide more hydration for your baby. | 来给宝宝提供更多的水分 |
[00:46] | I don’t know how I know that. Wow, that is a cute kid. | 我不知道我怎么知道的 好可爱的宝宝 |
[00:49] | Oh, look at those eyes. | 看她的眼睛 |
[00:51] | You are in so much trouble. | 你麻烦可大啦 |
[00:53] | I know, right? | 我知道 |
[00:54] | I could do this all day, but we have a Women Transform the World | 我可以看一整天 但我们需要 |
[00:59] | – conference to plan. – Yes. | -策划妇女改变世界会议 -没错 |
[01:00] | – Yes. – And it ain’t gonna plan itself. | -是的 -它自己不会策划自己 |
[01:01] | Oh! That’s how I know that. | 我就是准备的时候知道那个的 |
[01:03] | Listen, you. | 听着 |
[01:05] | As glad as I am to have you back, | 虽然你回来我很高兴 |
[01:07] | I want to remind you | 但我得提醒你 |
[01:08] | you still have a week left on your maternity. | 你的产假还有一周 |
[01:09] | I really wanted to be here for the women’s conference. | 我真的很想参加那个妇女会议 |
[01:12] | Something about having a little woman of my own | 我现在有了自己的小妇人 |
[01:14] | made it even more important. | 让我觉得这个会议更加重要 |
[01:16] | But it is weird being away from my daughter | 但离开我女儿是为了为她创造 |
[01:17] | so I can make the world better for my daughter. | 一个更美好的世界 这有点奇怪 |
[01:19] | Still working on that balance. | 还在寻找平衡点 |
[01:20] | Well, that’s what grandparents are for. | 这时候就需要爷爷奶奶了 |
[01:24] | Have Joe’s parents seen Joanna? | 乔的父母见过乔安娜了吗 |
[01:26] | I haven’t actually told them yet. | 实际上我还没告诉他们 |
[01:29] | I’m not avoiding it. | 我不是在回避这件事 |
[01:30] | I just got superstitious when I was pregnant. | 只是我怀孕的时候变得超级迷信 |
[01:32] | I mean, I kept thinking this poor woman just lost her son. | 我一直想 这个可怜的母亲刚失去儿子 |
[01:34] | What if something happens to this baby? | 如果这个孩子也出事了怎么办 |
[01:36] | How horrible will that be? | 那会有多可怕 |
[01:38] | Then, since Joanna was born, | 自从乔安娜出生 |
[01:38] | I’ve been completely overwhelmed, but I will call. | 我太忙了 但我会给他们打电话的 |
[01:41] | – Today. – Good. | -今天就打 -很好 |
[01:42] | As soon as I get a minute. | 等我一有时间就打 |
[01:44] | And a caffeine rush, which I will totally pump and dump. | 还得来杯咖啡 喝完就排出去 |
[01:47] | Let me know when I’m over-sharing. | 我是不是分享得太多了 |
[01:48] | I’ve been alone with a baby for a long time. | 我单独和宝宝在一起呆太久了 |
[01:50] | As a rule, just pull back when you feel yourself | 通常 当你想分享某种东西的颜色 |
[01:52] | wanting to share color or texture of anything. | 或质感时 就快停下来 |
[01:57] | Thanks, ma’am. | 谢谢 国务卿女士 |
[01:57] | Sorry, you’re being summoned to the Sit Room. | 请您去战情室 |
[01:59] | All right. Tell Jay to start the meeting. | 好 告诉杰伊开始会议 |
[02:01] | Yeah. | 好 |
[02:03] | Operation Tiger Claw | 虎爪行动 |
[02:04] | launches in four days, General. | 四天后就要开始 将军 |
[02:06] | Is that sufficient time to finish preparations? | 准备的时间够吗 |
[02:09] | Ample time, Mr. President. | 时间很充裕 总统先生 |
[02:10] | Marines, Army, including Special Forces, | 海军陆战队 陆军 包括特种部队 |
[02:12] | as well as several British and Canadian battalions | 还有英国和加拿大的几个营 |
[02:15] | are readying as we speak. | 在我们说话时已经待命 |
[02:16] | What about air support? | 空中支援如何 |
[02:17] | Taliban forces are concentrated in Baghlan Province, | 塔利班武装集中在巴格兰省 |
[02:20] | just outside Kabul. | 就在喀布尔以外 |
[02:22] | Air strikes could put the Afghan civilians at a greater risk. | 空袭会使阿富汗平民面临更大危险 |
[02:26] | While boots on the ground | 而地面部队 |
[02:27] | almost certainly means more American casualties. | 就必定意味着更多的美军伤亡 |
[02:30] | Despite these concerns, | 尽管有这些担忧 |
[02:32] | we’re confident this is the best and most decisive way | 我们相信这是根除塔利班领导 |
[02:35] | to decapitate the Taliban leadership. | 最有效的方法 |
[02:36] | And send a clear message to Russia. | 也是明确告诉了俄国 |
[02:39] | Propping up the Taliban in an effort to destabilize | 支持塔利班以动摇阿富汗中央政府 |
[02:42] | the Afghan central government won’t be tolerated anymore. | 的行为将不再被容忍 |
[02:46] | Which is why, | 这就是为什么 |
[02:47] | despite our significant show of force, | 尽管展示了我们强大的武力 |
[02:49] | we will be following the Afghan army’s lead here, General. | 我们将听从阿富汗军队的指挥 将军 |
[02:53] | In the end, it’s their fight. | 最终 还是他们的战争 |
[02:56] | None of this will matter | 如果我们不为强有力的阿富汗政府 |
[02:56] | if we don’t also lay the groundwork | 奠定基础 |
[02:58] | for a credible and effective Afghan government. | 所有这些都不再重要 |
[03:02] | I mean, that is, if our end goal | 也就是说 如果我们的最终目标 |
[03:04] | is still to withdraw U.S. troops completely. | 还是完全撤军 |
[03:06] | That is our goal, of course. | 当然 这是我们的目标 |
[03:09] | And a decisive blow would help us achieve just that. | 致命的打击将帮助我们实现这一目标 |
[03:15] | General Mackey. | 麦基将军 |
[03:16] | Operation Tiger Claw could take a significant bite | 虎爪行动会是脱离塔利班控制 |
[03:18] | out of the Taliban’s control, | 的重要一击 |
[03:20] | while simultaneously setting the stage | 同时为阿富汗长久的稳定 |
[03:22] | for lasting stability in Afghanistan. | 做好准备 |
[03:26] | Right. | 好的 |
[03:28] | Let’s get it done. | 行动吧 |
[03:32] | Peace through strength. It’s the party line. | 武力赢得和平 这是政党路线 |
[03:39] | Give me some good news, people. | 告诉我点好消息吧 各位 |
[03:41] | Molly’s returned from maternity leave. | 莫莉休产假回来了 |
[03:43] | Molly, hey. | 莫莉 你好 |
[03:44] | Welcome back. We missed you. | 欢迎回来 我们很想你 |
[03:45] | It’s good to be back, Dr. McCord. | 很高兴回来 麦考德博士 |
[03:47] | The guys were just about to catch me up. | 他们正给我补课呢 |
[03:49] | So Senator Beau Carpenter is behind bars. | 博·卡彭特参议员进监狱了 |
[03:51] | His replacement has been fully vetted, | 他的下任接受了仔细的审查 |
[03:53] | so our immediate intel leak is over. | 所以我们的紧急情报泄露案子结束了 |
[03:55] | If only we had anything worth bringing | 我们要是有值得 |
[03:56] | to the Senate Intelligence Committee. | 提供给情报委员会的东西就好了 |
[03:58] | Okay, look. | 好啦 看 |
[03:59] | Operation Tiger Claw launches in four days. | 虎爪行动四天后开始 |
[04:02] | Our job is to collect as much intel as possible | 我们的任务就是收集尽可能多的 |
[04:04] | on Russian and Taliban activities. | 有关俄国和塔利班活动的情报 |
[04:05] | The problem is our most promising Russian assets | 问题是我们这一区域最有希望的 |
[04:07] | in the region have gone to ground. | 俄国线人转入地下 |
[04:09] | They got spooked when Osip Bakunin was murdered. | 奥西普·巴枯宁被杀后他们受惊了 |
[04:11] | Not Matvey Sokolov. | 马特维·索科洛夫没有 |
[04:13] | Oh, that’s your old friend | 那是你在俄国陆军学院 |
[04:14] | from the Russian Military Academy, right? | 的老朋友 对吧 |
[04:18] | Yeah, his profile is perfect. | 是的 他的简历很完美 |
[04:20] | GRU spy working as a liaison to the Taliban. | 他是格勒乌间谍 负责联络塔利班 |
[04:23] | Yeah, when I knew him, | 我认识他时 |
[04:24] | Matvey had deep ideological issues with Russia | 马特维和俄国之间对我们干涉外国政府的方式 |
[04:26] | and the way we meddled in foreign governments, | 有很严重的意识形态差异 |
[04:28] | particularly Afghanistan. | 特别是阿富汗 |
[04:30] | Plus, he’s a sucker for anything Western. | 而且 他对一切西方东西都很入迷 |
[04:33] | He used to wear Van Halen T-shirts | 他曾经在他的作战服里 |
[04:34] | under his combat uniform. | 穿范·海伦T恤 |
[04:37] | Dylan, you’ve been running point on this. | 迪伦 你一直研究这个 |
[04:38] | What’s your impression? | 你的感觉呢 |
[04:39] | That he’s not reliable. | 他不可靠 |
[04:40] | His information about leadership changes | 他有关塔利班领导变换 |
[04:42] | in the Taliban were solid, | 的情报是可靠的 |
[04:43] | and he did tell you that there were more where that came from. | 他的确告诉你还有更多情报 |
[04:46] | But every time I try to close the deal, | 但每次我想要达成协议 |
[04:47] | he asks for something different. | 他就要不同的东西 |
[04:48] | I can’t get him over the finish line. | 我没办法和他合作到最后 |
[04:50] | We could try something else. | 我们可以尝试些其他的 |
[04:52] | Stop offering him things and put a little pressure on him. | 停止给他东西 给他些压力 |
[04:54] | Tell him he’s running out of time to be useful to us. | 告诉他他对咱们快没什么用了 |
[04:57] | Or… I could talk to him. | 或者 我可以和他谈谈 |
[05:01] | Doesn’t he believe dmitri Petrov is dead? | 他不是相信派特洛夫死了吗 |
[05:03] | And what better way to convince a man | 说服一个人可以相信美国政府 |
[05:04] | that the United States government can be trusted | 还有比告诉他美国政府 |
[05:06] | than to reveal that they rescued me from the gulag | 从古拉格集中营救出我 |
[05:09] | and saved my life? | 更好的方式吗 |
[05:11] | When I knew him, America was his dream. | 我认识他时 美国就是他的梦想 |
[05:13] | And what if he has a new dream? | 万一他有了新的梦想呢 |
[05:14] | You could wind up back in witness protection or worse. | 你可能要重新接受证人保护 或更糟 |
[05:16] | I do not believe he would burn me. | 我不相信他会告发我 |
[05:19] | M-Matvey Sokolov is a Russian spy | 马特维·索科洛夫是个 |
[05:21] | who is embedded with the Taliban. | 深入塔利班的俄国间谍 |
[05:23] | I have to at least try to convince him to work with us. | 我至少得尽力劝服他和我们合作 |
[05:26] | It’s a huge risk. | 风险太大了 |
[05:27] | And you have taught me, sir, | 先生 你教我的 |
[05:28] | that those are the only ones worth taking. | 这是唯一值得冒险的 |
[05:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:36] | Get in touch with Sokolov, tell him I want to meet. | 和索科洛夫联系 说我想见他 |
[05:38] | We’ll leave for Kabul tonight. | 我们今晚去喀布尔 |
[05:47] | 斯蒂芬·麦考德 咱们今晚还继续吗 | |
[05:52] | 亚历山大 得推迟了 工作 想你 | |
[06:03] | 斯蒂芬·麦考德 我也是 亲亲抱抱 | |
[06:06] | So I was looking at my speech | 我在看去年妇女大会 |
[06:07] | from last year’s women’s conference, | 我的稿子 |
[06:08] | you know, checking for ideas… | 找找灵感 |
[06:09] | And by “Checking for ideas,” You mean you hope to reuse | 找灵感 你的意思是想 |
[06:12] | last year’s speech. | 重新用去年的稿子 |
[06:13] | No. | 不是 |
[06:15] | Well, I don’t want to say that parts of it are timeless, | 我不想说这稿子的部分是永不过时的 |
[06:17] | but that would not be totally inaccurate. | 但那也不全错啊 |
[06:20] | Except the demographics have changed. | 除了人口统计数据有变化之外 |
[06:22] | We have a 20% uptick in attendance in women under 30, | 30岁以下妇女出席上升了20% |
[06:25] | who seem to think equal pay for equal work is a fine idea. | 她们似乎认为同工同酬是个好主意 |
[06:29] | Man, I’m glad you’re back. | 你回来真是太好了 |
[06:31] | Okay, let’s just spitball these ideas, | 让我们抛掉这些想法 |
[06:33] | and we’ll write my speech. | 来写我的稿子吧 |
[06:34] | Help you? | 帮你吗 |
[06:36] | I have a press briefing to give, e-mails to catch up on, | 我有个新闻发布会要发布 电子邮件要回 |
[06:38] | and breasts to pump. How about you help me? | 还要吸奶 不如你来帮我如何 |
[06:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:42] | Just so you know, I’m leaving because | 你要知道 我走是因为 |
[06:44] | you want to get rid of me, | 你想摆脱我 |
[06:45] | not because I’m afraid of breast-pumping. | 而不是我害怕看到你挤奶 |
[06:47] | Whatever works. | 只要你走就行 |
[06:51] | Just a friend thing. | 作为朋友问一下 |
[06:54] | How are your parents handling this? | 你父母能接受吗 |
[06:56] | It’s gonna take some time, but they’ll come around. | 需要些时间 但他们会想通的 |
[06:59] | Well, if you’re looking for some extended family, | 如果你想有一个大家庭 |
[07:02] | I’d like to offer up mine. | 我很乐意为你提供我的家庭 |
[07:04] | As you know, I’m half Irish, half Pakistani, | 你知道的 我是爱尔兰和巴基斯坦混血 |
[07:07] | so it’s a lot of whiplash in the lifestyle department. | 所以生活中有不少文化冲突的鞭打 |
[07:10] | You got drinkers and teetotalers, | 有酒徒 也有禁酒主义者 |
[07:12] | carnivores, vegetarians, | 有食肉主义者 也有素食主义者 |
[07:14] | shouters and… well, everybody shouts. | 有大声叫喊的人 大家都爱喊 |
[07:16] | But in a fun way. | 但只是好玩而已 |
[07:18] | And they all love babies. | 他们都爱小婴儿 |
[07:21] | Okay, I wanted to strangle you a minute ago, | 一分钟前我还想掐死你 |
[07:25] | now I feel all weepy. | 但现在我被你感动了 |
[07:27] | Damn hormones. | 该死的荷尔蒙 |
[07:29] | Think about it. Open invitation. | 考虑一下吧 这个邀请一直有效 |
[07:33] | Everybody needs family. | 每个人都需要一个家庭 |
[08:01] | Hello? Is this Mrs. Garcia? | 你好 请问是加西亚夫人吗 |
[08:05] | My name is Daisy Grant. | 我是戴西·格兰特 |
[08:06] | You don’t know me, but I knew your son. | 你不认识我 但我认识你的儿子 |
[08:09] | I knew Joe. | 我认识乔 |
[08:11] | Ma’am, I’m so sorry to bother you here. | 国务卿 很抱歉现在打扰你 |
[08:14] | No, no, no, I just had to get my 30… | 没有没有没有 我刚运动了30 |
[08:17] | 25 minutes in. | 25分钟 |
[08:18] | I could hear my Fitbit screaming at me | 我能听到不知道被我放到哪个抽屉的 |
[08:20] | from whatever drawer I shoved it in. | 智能手环开始响了 |
[08:23] | How’s your first day back going? | 你回来第一天感觉如何 |
[08:25] | Fine. Great. | 挺好的 很好 |
[08:27] | I mean, I miss her, but… I’m talking to adults, | 我想她 但是 我和成年人交流 |
[08:31] | I’m using my brain, and I’m so happy to be back | 我用理性思考 而且我很高兴能为了 |
[08:33] | for the women’s conference, because, as we discussed, | 妇女代表会回来 因为 我们讨论过的 |
[08:35] | the fact that I have a daughter now | 现在我有了女儿这个事实 |
[08:37] | makes all of these issues even more important. | 让这些所有事情都变得更加重要 |
[08:38] | So I don’t at all regret at all coming back | 所以我一点都不后悔结束产假 |
[08:41] | – from maternity leave early. – Good. | -提前回来 -很好 |
[08:42] | Because, you know, it’s a privilege to have a job | 因为 能得到一个有产假的工作 |
[08:44] | where there is maternity leave. | 是我的幸运 |
[08:47] | But the thing is, | 但问题是 |
[08:48] | I finally talked to Joe’s mother. | 我最终还是联系乔的母亲了 |
[08:50] | And she was so happy to hear from me, | 她非常高兴我能联系她 |
[08:52] | and she really wants to meet Joanna. | 而且她真的很想见见乔安娜 |
[08:54] | And I feel like I can’t say no to her | 我感觉没法拒绝她 |
[08:56] | because I’m the one who contacted her out of the blue. | 因为我是那个突然主动联系她的人 |
[08:59] | And they live in Connecticut, which is, like, a long drive. | 而且他们住在康涅狄格州 开过来要很久 |
[09:02] | So, you know, the whole thing is gonna be a lot, | 所以 整件事会变得很复杂 |
[09:04] | and I know that I just got back, | 我知道我刚回来 |
[09:06] | but I need to ask for a day off. | 但我需要请一天假 |
[09:12] | Daisy… | 黛西 |
[09:16] | …take two days off. | 你休息两天吧 |
[09:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:19] | Take as many days as you need. | 你想休息几天都行 |
[09:22] | Oh, God, I feel like I’m gonna cry. | 天呐 我要哭了 |
[09:25] | Yeah, you’re gonna have to get used to that feeling. | 是啊 你将会习惯这种感觉 |
[09:32] | I’m just saying, | 我只是说说 |
[09:34] | Afghanistan, 72 hours before | 72小时之后 美国将在阿富汗进行 |
[09:38] | a massive U.S. Military operation. | 一场大型军事行动 |
[09:42] | I mean, if you need an adrenaline rush, | 如果你需要提高肾上腺素刺激 |
[09:44] | why don’t you just, I don’t know, | 你为何不 我不知道 |
[09:46] | stay home and take up race car driving? | 待在家里然后去赛车呢 |
[09:49] | Our troops are about to go toe to toe | 我们的部队就快和塔利班的 |
[09:51] | against the Taliban rebels. | 反叛军开战了 |
[09:53] | Don’t you think it’d be a good idea | 你难道不觉得尽可能地 |
[09:54] | to have as much on-the-ground intel as possible? | 获取更多的地面情报更好吗 |
[09:57] | Could I have that green one, please? | 可以帮我拿那件绿色的吗 谢谢 |
[10:01] | Are you really confident that Alexander can | 你有信心能够让亚历山大能从 |
[10:03] | get this Russian operative to talk? | 这名俄罗斯线人口中套出情报吗 |
[10:05] | Well, if his old friend is who he says he is, | 如果他的老朋友就是他所说的那样 |
[10:08] | I’ll come back with information about Taliban troop movements | 我会带着有关塔利班军队行动的消息回来 |
[10:11] | that could prove invaluable. | 这将是非常有价值的情报 |
[10:14] | Okay, literally, all I could make out | 从那句话的字面意思里 |
[10:18] | from that sentence were the words “I’ll come back”. | 我能理解的就是“我会回来”这几个字 |
[10:21] | Everything else just sounded like Charlie Brown’s teacher. | 其他所有事话听起来就跟查理·布朗的老师一样 |
[10:23] | What do you want me to do, babe? | 你想让我怎么做 宝贝 |
[10:26] | Please say it again… and mean it. | 拜托再说一遍 认真地说 |
[10:31] | I’ll come back. I promise. | 我会回来 我保证 |
[10:37] | In the meantime, why don’t you look into | 与此同时 你怎么不去看看 |
[10:39] | that race car driving thing? | 赛车的事情呢 |
[11:08] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[11:10] | I was just thinking… | 我只是在想 |
[11:13] | if I had never gone to War College or… | 如果我从没去过国防大学或者 |
[11:16] | or met you, if I had stayed in the Russian military | 从未遇见你 如果我一直待在俄罗斯军队 |
[11:18] | and been a good soldier… | 当一名优秀的军人 |
[11:21] | then this is where I’d be now. | 那么这就是我现在的处境 |
[11:23] | Helping to prop up an armed insurgency | 帮助支持一次武装战乱 |
[11:25] | and destabilize the elected government. | 以及动摇人民选举的政府 |
[11:27] | Let’s just hope that Matvey Sokolov | 我们就寄希望于马特维·索科洛夫 |
[11:29] | is as cynical as you are about Russia’s intentions here. | 和你一样对俄罗斯的意图表示嘲讽吧 |
[11:33] | I have faith Matvey has remained an idealist. | 我相信马特维仍是一个理想主义者 |
[11:36] | And if not, then, yeah, I’m sure he still loves money. | 如果不是 那么 我相信他依然爱钱 |
[11:57] | Daisy! | 黛西 |
[11:59] | Mrs. Garcia. | 加西亚夫人 |
[12:00] | Oh, please, call me Margarita. | 请叫我玛格丽特就好 |
[12:04] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[12:07] | She looks just like him. | 她长得真像他 |
[12:10] | Yes, you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[12:12] | You look like your daddy. | 你和你的爸爸非常像 |
[12:15] | Oh, I’m so happy to meet you. Come on in. | 非常高兴见到你 进来吧 |
[12:23] | Dr. McCord, I was told you would be coming alone. | 麦考德博士 我听说你会一个人来的 |
[12:26] | I brought an old friend to see you. | 我带来了你的老朋友来见见你 |
[12:32] | Dim? | 迪米 |
[12:55] | We speak English now, okay? | 我们现在说英语 好吗 |
[12:58] | Down to business. | 开始谈生意 |
[13:00] | I’m afraid we don’t have much time. | 恐怕我们时间不多 |
[13:02] | Our friend is not safe here. | 我们的朋友在这里不安全 |
[13:08] | The GRU knows that Dalton is launching a military operation. | 格勒乌知道道尔顿要发动一场军事行动 |
[13:13] | They have card up their sleeve. | 他们有杀手锏 |
[13:16] | We need details. | 我们需要知道细节 |
[13:20] | Isn’t that always the way? | 你们不是一直都这样吗 |
[13:22] | If you help us, we can offer you cash | 你如果帮助我们 我们可以给你提供 |
[13:24] | and asylum in the United States. | 钱以及在美国的庇护 |
[13:27] | You will finally be free. | 你将会最终自由了 |
[13:33] | You came all this way, put yourself in harm’s way | 你冒着生命危险大老远过来 |
[13:37] | to convince me to help the Americans? | 就为了来说服我帮助美国人 |
[13:40] | I love my adopted country, Matvey. | 我爱收养我的国家 马特维 |
[13:43] | I promise you, it is everything we imagined and more. | 我向你保证 这是我们理想的一切甚至更好 |
[13:51] | And the delegate from bulgaria | 保加利亚的代表 |
[13:53] | suggested a mentoring program on… | 提出了一个指导项目的建议 |
[13:54] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[13:55] | Amina Salah, the Afghanistan Minister of Education. | 阿富汗的教育大使 阿米娜·萨拉赫 |
[14:00] | – Elizabeth. Oh… – Ah, it’s so good to see you. | -伊丽莎白 -见到你真是太高兴了 |
[14:04] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[14:05] | I hear you’ve been promoted. | 我听说你升职了 |
[14:07] | – I couldn’t seem to talk her out of it. – Oh, he tried. | -我没法说服她不要这样做 -他尽力了 |
[14:10] | I’m really looking forward | 我非常期待您的 |
[14:11] | to your keynote address, Minister. | 政策演讲 大使 |
[14:13] | Excuse me. | 告辞 |
[14:14] | Come on, sit down. | 来吧 坐下 |
[14:15] | – I want to hear about the kids and everything. – Oh, yes. | -我想听你说孩子们和所有的事情 -好的 |
[14:20] | You know, I spend my life fighting for girls’ education, | 我用毕生的精力去为女孩们的教育奋斗 |
[14:24] | and Saba wants to take a gap year before university. | 萨巴却想在上大学前休学一年 |
[14:27] | That’s not so bad. | 还不算太坏 |
[14:30] | Stevie took time off from school, and she’s fine. | 斯蒂芬也从学校休学了 而且她很好 |
[14:32] | How are the wedding plans? | 婚礼筹划得如何 |
[14:34] | Not happening. | 取消了 |
[14:36] | Details are unclear. | 具体原因还不清楚 |
[14:38] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:40] | Well… she’s bouncing back. | 她已经重新振作起来了 |
[14:42] | I hear her giggling on the phone. | 我在电话里听到她咯咯地笑 |
[14:44] | Oh, who knows. | 谁知道呢 |
[14:46] | Life goes on after a heartache. | 心痛过后 生活还是要继续 |
[14:48] | It’s a good lesson for all of us. | 这让我们都成长了 |
[14:50] | I recognize the theme from your keynote address. | 我认可你的政策演讲的主题 |
[14:53] | – So you saw the draft? – Yeah. | -草稿你看了 -是的 |
[14:56] | It’s not too provocative? | 不会太煽动吗 |
[14:58] | The world needs to be provoked. | 这个世界需要被激怒 |
[15:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:02] | Well… better with words than with drone strikes. | 用语言好过于用无人机攻击 |
[15:08] | I want to assure you that… | 我想向你保证 |
[15:11] | this military operation is being planned | 这次军事行动计划将 |
[15:13] | down to the smallest detail. | 伤亡降到最低 |
[15:15] | Every precaution | 每次一都会有 |
[15:16] | is being taken to avoid any civilian casualties. | 提前警告来避免任何的平民伤亡 |
[15:21] | I am sure. | 我保证 |
[15:24] | If there were a diplomatic solution, | 如果在外交上有解决方法 |
[15:26] | believe me, I-I would… | 相信我 我肯定 |
[15:28] | It is hard to negotiate | 当百分之六十八的国民 |
[15:29] | when 68% of the country wants Sharia law. | 都支持伊斯兰教法时 协商是很难的 |
[15:33] | 68? Wow. | 百分之六十八 |
[15:35] | The problem is, | 问题是 |
[15:36] | too many people do not remember | 有太多的人不记得 |
[15:39] | what it was like before. | 以前是什么样 |
[15:41] | My mother wore short skirts. | 我的母亲穿着短裙 |
[15:45] | She went out, she danced, | 她出去社交 跳舞 |
[15:46] | she served on her school board. | 在学校董事会任职 |
[15:48] | I know you’ve… heard it too many times before, | 我知道你以前听过很多次了 |
[15:52] | but… we hope this action | 但是 我们希望这次行动 |
[15:54] | will help bring real stability this time. | 会帮助带来真正的稳定 |
[15:57] | If we can just give them a taste | 如果我们能够让他们体验到 |
[15:59] | of the Afghanistan that my mother knew. | 我妈妈所熟知的那个阿富汗 |
[16:02] | Or even moderate Islamic rule. | 或者是温和的伊斯兰统治 |
[16:06] | But these days… | 但是现在 |
[16:07] | …that can be a contradiction in terms. | 这也是自相矛盾的 |
[16:10] | Ma’am. Sorry. You’re urgently needed in the Sit Room. | 国务卿 抱歉 您得尽快到战情室去 |
[16:13] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[16:15] | – Oh, I hate to cut this short. – Of course. | -真不想聊这么几句就走 -是啊 |
[16:19] | Thank you for having me here. | 谢谢你来这和我见面 |
[16:22] | It’s an honor, Amina. | 是我的荣幸 阿米娜 |
[16:27] | According to Matvey Sokolov, the Russians have | 据马特维·索科洛夫说 俄罗斯人 |
[16:29] | a Taliban loyalist embedded in the Afghan army. | 在阿富汗军队中安插了一名塔利班亲信 |
[16:34] | General Nawroz Arezou. | 纳夫鲁兹·阿雷佐将军 |
[16:36] | He’s a decorated and respected leader in the Afghan army. | 他是一位在阿富汗军队中受人尊敬的领袖 |
[16:38] | But once we launch Operation Tiger Claw, | 但是一旦我们启动虎爪行动 |
[16:41] | he plans to order his troops to stand down. | 他就会命令他的部队撤离 |
[16:43] | Why would they be loyal to him and not their country? | 他们为什么会忠于他而不是他们的国家 |
[16:46] | He’s a strong leader, he’s charismatic, | 他是一个强有力的领导者 很有魅力 |
[16:48] | and most of the men under his command | 他手下的大多数人都来自 |
[16:49] | come from villages that are loyal to the Taliban. | 那些忠于塔利班的村庄 |
[16:52] | How many men does Arezou have under him? | 阿雷佐手下有多少人 |
[16:56] | 30,000. | 三万人 |
[16:58] | That’s 20% of the Afghan forces. | 阿富汗军队的百分之二十 |
[17:01] | Without General Arezou’s troops on the field, | 战场上若是没有阿雷佐将军的部队 |
[17:04] | Afghanistan has no hope of rooting out the Taliban. | 阿富汗是无望铲除塔利班的 |
[17:07] | We’ll lose this battle. | 这场战斗必输无疑 |
[17:08] | Along with more American lives. | 还会葬送更多美国人的生命 |
[17:17] | Good day, President Sharza. | 你好 沙扎总统 |
[17:18] | Please tell me you have news concerning General Arezou. | 请告诉我您有与阿雷佐将军有关的消息 |
[17:22] | Arezou was arrested at his residence, | 阿雷佐在他的住所被捕了 |
[17:24] | and I’ve already placed General Piruz Hashmi | 我已经任命皮鲁兹·哈什米将军 |
[17:26] | in charge of his command. | 接管他的指挥权 |
[17:27] | You are confident that he can take charge of Arezou’s troops? | 你相信他能够控制阿雷佐的部队 |
[17:32] | I have full confidence in Hashmi’s loyalty, | 我对哈什米的忠诚充满信息 |
[17:34] | and it will be as if this, uh, | 就好像 |
[17:35] | terrible interruption never happened. | 这糟糕的插曲从未发生过 |
[17:37] | I appreciate your positive report, | 感谢您正面的报告 |
[17:40] | President Sharza. | 沙扎总统 |
[17:41] | We’ll, uh, be in touch. | 我们保持联系吧 |
[17:43] | Of course, Mr. President. | 当然 总统先生 |
[17:48] | I feel like he’s trying to raise the price | 我感觉他想要坐地起价 |
[17:51] | on something I don’t even want to buy. | 而这东西我压根就不想要 |
[17:54] | I have to admit that my confidence in this mission | 不得不承认我对这次任务的信心 |
[17:57] | has been shaken. | 也动摇了 |
[17:58] | Before we proceed, | 在我们开始之前 |
[18:00] | we should at least know how the Taliban turned | 至少得知道塔利班是如何让 |
[18:03] | one of the top generals in the Afghan central government. | 一位阿富汗中央政府的最高将领变节的 |
[18:06] | And if there are any other traitors in their midst. | 以防他们之中还有其他的叛徒 |
[18:08] | I agree. | 同意 |
[18:10] | Which means, Bess… | 那么 贝丝 |
[18:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:14] | Henry’s staying in Afghanistan. | 亨利要留在阿富汗了 |
[18:17] | One of the hardest things about Joe’s death | 乔的去世带来的最困难的事就是 |
[18:19] | was knowing that he would never get to have children, | 意识到他永远也不会有孩子 |
[18:22] | that I would never get to see his face in my grandchildren. | 而我也无法从孙辈中看到他的模样 |
[18:26] | So when I got your call, | 所以我接到你的电话后 |
[18:28] | it felt like a miracle. | 就像发生了奇迹 |
[18:31] | Though I admit, for a fraction of a second I was worried | 不过我承认 我当时也担心 |
[18:33] | you might turn out to be some kind of scam artist. | 你可能会是那种职业诈骗者 |
[18:36] | You know, one of those people | 就是那种 |
[18:38] | who prey on widows for their money. | 以骗取寡妇的钱财为目的的家伙 |
[18:40] | I totally understand. | 我完全理解 |
[18:42] | I mean, you’re a woman alone… you can’t be too careful. | 你孤身一人 再谨慎也不为过 |
[18:45] | And then I remembered… you loony old woman, | 然后我想到 这个疯狂的老女人 |
[18:48] | you don’t have any money! | 你并没有钱啊 |
[18:52] | Anyway, the minute I saw Joanna, | 我一看到乔安娜 |
[18:55] | I knew she was his. | 就知道她是他的孩子 |
[18:59] | Joe was so handsome, wasn’t he? | 乔多帅气啊 是吧 |
[19:01] | Yes. | 是呢 |
[19:02] | He got his looks from his father. | 他长得像他父亲 |
[19:03] | He died when Joe was young. | 他在乔小的时候去世了 |
[19:06] | Did he tell you? | 他和你说过吗 |
[19:08] | Well, he didn’t… say exactly how old. | 他倒是没说具体多大的时候 |
[19:10] | Just three. | 三岁 |
[19:12] | Dan was in the military, Persian Gulf War. | 丹是军人 参加了海湾战争 |
[19:15] | He was killed by friendly fire. | 死于友军的炮火 |
[19:18] | Such… bad luck. | 运气真不好 |
[19:23] | Would you like to see a picture of him? | 要看看他的照片吗 |
[19:25] | Of course. | 好呀 |
[19:37] | If you expect me to bow down to the great United States, | 如果你指望我屈服于大美国 |
[19:41] | you will be disappointed. | 恐怕要失望了 |
[19:42] | The United States? | 美国 |
[19:45] | General, you betrayed your own country. | 将军 你背叛了自己的国家 |
[19:46] | No. I was honoring the will of my people. | 不 我是尊重人民的意愿 |
[19:49] | They are sick of weak and corrupt central government. | 他们受够了软弱腐败的中央政府 |
[19:53] | No more Western puppets. | 不再做西方的傀儡 |
[19:55] | The people want Islamic Law. | 人民想要伊斯兰法律 |
[20:00] | And who reached out to you? | 谁和你联系的 |
[20:01] | The Taliban leadership? | 塔利班的领导人 |
[20:03] | What does it matter? | 有什么关系呢 |
[20:04] | In the Baghlan Province, the Taliban are everywhere. | 在巴格兰省 塔利班无处不在 |
[20:07] | They’re our neighbors and friends. | 他们与我们为邻 也与我们交好 |
[20:09] | We have tea together. | 我们一起喝茶 |
[20:11] | What did your friends offer you | 你的朋友以什么条件 |
[20:13] | to drop your guns for them? | 换取你不与他们抗争 |
[20:17] | You think I can be bought. | 你觉得我可以被收买 |
[20:19] | Of course you do. | 你当然会这么想 |
[20:21] | Because where you come from, everyone and everything | 因为你的国家 一切人和事物 |
[20:24] | is for sale. | 都是明码标价的 |
[20:25] | I see you have daughters, General. | 我看到你有女儿 将军 |
[20:27] | What do you think it’ll be like for them under the Taliban? | 你觉得在塔利班的统治下 她们会怎么样 |
[20:30] | No more school, no more freedom, | 不再有学校 不再有自由 |
[20:32] | an arranged marriage when they’re 16… | 在她们十六岁时包办婚姻 |
[20:34] | You are mistaken. | 你想错了 |
[20:36] | My daughters will go to school, | 我的女儿会去学校 |
[20:38] | and then to work. | 然后工作 |
[20:42] | General, we both know the Taliban | 将军 你我都知道塔利班 |
[20:43] | will never allow that to happen. | 是绝不会容许这些事发生的 |
[20:46] | They already have. | 他们已经容许了 |
[20:48] | Yet again, the U.S. is leading from behind. | 再一次 是美国在幕后领导 |
[20:51] | But now you are so far back, | 但是现在你们滞后太多了 |
[20:54] | you can’t even see which direction the world is headed. | 你们甚至都看不清世界的发展方向 |
[20:58] | He actually said that? | 他真的这么说 |
[20:59] | The Taliban will educate his daughters? | 塔利班会让他的女儿接受教育 |
[21:01] | And let them work. It’s not your mommy’s Taliban. | 还会让她们工作 这不是你妈妈那个时代的塔利班了 |
[21:04] | Henry, if they’re offering these concessions, | 亨利 如果他们如此让步 |
[21:07] | it could completely change | 就可能会完全改变 |
[21:09] | the political calculus in Afghanistan. | 阿富汗的政治格局 |
[21:13] | We need to know if Arezou is on the level. | 我们得知道阿雷佐是否可信 |
[21:15] | At the risk of being reminded | 冒着被提醒 |
[21:16] | that the U.S. does not negotiate with terrorists, | 美国不与恐怖分子谈判的风险 |
[21:19] | I’m gonna throw out a name. | 我要给你一个人选 |
[21:21] | Akbar Haq Raquib. | 阿克巴·哈克·拉奇博 |
[21:23] | The Taliban foreign minister. | 塔利班外交部长 |
[21:25] | He wanted to defect. | 他想变节 |
[21:26] | But when he turned us down, he stayed with the group. | 但是他拒绝我们后 还在和我们合作 |
[21:28] | He could absolutely confirm Arezou’s story. | 他完全可以证实阿雷佐的说法 |
[21:31] | Back channel with the Taliban. | 塔利班的非正式渠道 |
[21:35] | I mean, is Dalton gonna think I’m crazy | 我要是如此建议 |
[21:36] | just for even suggesting it? | 道尔顿会不会觉得我疯了 |
[21:39] | To my way of thinking, | 依我看来 |
[21:41] | a peaceful solution is worth sounding a little crazy. | 一个和平的解决方案听起来是会有点疯狂 |
[21:43] | When are you coming home? | 你什么时候回家啊 |
[21:45] | I’m leaving right now, babe. | 我现在就出发 亲爱的 |
[21:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:58] | “Ava in a Kia Soul will be here in one minute.” | “阿娃开着起亚马上就到” |
[22:02] | I guess I better use my time wisely. | 我大概得合理利用我的时间了 |
[22:05] | Very smooth. | 非常顺利 |
[22:14] | Hey, um, not a big deal, | 也不是什么大事 |
[22:18] | but are you ever going to tell me where you were | 但是你不要告诉我过去几天 |
[22:19] | for the past couple of days? | 你去哪里了吗 |
[22:22] | It’s just… we’ve never talked about | 就是 我们从没说过 |
[22:27] | whether we’re seeing other people. | 是否在和其他人交往 |
[22:28] | Are you seeing other people? | 你有别人交往吗 |
[22:31] | Yes, I’m… | 是的 我 |
[22:32] | I’m seeing your father. | 我在和你父亲交往 |
[22:34] | I was at a conference with him… | 我和他一起开会 |
[22:35] | – Stop. – …the other night. | -别说了 -那天晚上 |
[22:37] | I never believed that stuff about working together. | 我可不相信那些一起工作的说法 |
[22:43] | That looks ridiculous. | 看起来好可笑 |
[22:48] | I wish it wasn’t a school night. | 真希望不是在学校的夜晚 |
[22:50] | Wait, school? I… | 等等 学校 我 |
[22:52] | I thought you were working at the White House. | 我以为你在白宫工作呢 |
[22:55] | I will explain it to you tomorrow night. | 明天晚上和你细说 |
[22:57] | – We’re still on, right? – Yes. | -约定不变吧 -是的 |
[22:58] | My sister’s working… I checked twice. | 我妹妹在工作 我反复确认了 |
[23:00] | And I will cook for you. | 我给你做好吃的 |
[23:03] | Should I be scared? | 会吓到我吗 |
[23:04] | Not of the food. | 食物不会 |
[23:06] | Okay. Good night. | 好 晚安 |
[23:08] | Will you send me that picture? | 要给我发照片哦 |
[23:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:06] | Henry, we’ve got a problem. | 亨利 我们有麻烦了 |
[24:09] | Matvey Sokolov’s extraction team says | 马特维·索科洛夫的撤离小队说 |
[24:11] | he didn’t show at the rendezvous point today. | 他今天没有出现在会合点 |
[24:13] | Agents waited for 20 minutes | 特工等了他二十分钟 |
[24:15] | before taking off without him. | 最终没等到他就起飞了 |
[24:17] | I was afraid of this. | 这就是我担心的 |
[24:19] | His intelligence was good, he wanted to come to the U.S. | 他的情报没问题 他想来美国 |
[24:22] | He wouldn’t turn me in to the Russians. | 他不会把我交给俄罗斯人 |
[24:26] | At least not willingly. | 至少不会主动供出我 |
[24:29] | Okay, call the Kabul office and have them send | 好的 给喀布尔办公室打电话 |
[24:31] | a fire team to Matvey’s apartment. | 让他们派人去马特维家 |
[24:35] | Is there something else? | 还有其他事吗 |
[24:36] | No, sir. | 没有了 长官 |
[24:37] | I’ll get on the phone with Kabul. | 我去给喀布尔办公室打电话 |
[24:43] | Amina, we received intelligence | 阿米娜 我们得到情报说 |
[24:46] | indicating the Taliban might be open to peaceful negotiations | 塔利班有意向进行和平谈判 |
[24:51] | in exchange for a seat in your government. | 要求是在你的政府中有一席之地 |
[24:54] | President Sharza asked if NATO and the United States | 沙扎总统想知道北约联盟和美国政府 |
[24:57] | might be open to talks. | 有没有这个意向 |
[25:00] | The United States is going to negotiate with the Taliban? | 美国政府要跟塔利班谈判 |
[25:02] | Back-channel communications between Sharza’s administration | 沙扎政府和塔利班 |
[25:05] | and members of the Taliban have begun. | 已经开始秘密谈判了 |
[25:11] | I realize this must sound like a compromise. | 我知道这听起来很像是妥协 |
[25:15] | “Compromise” is not the word I would choose. | 我不会用”妥协”这个词的 |
[25:19] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[25:20] | At least 68% of my country will welcome this. | 至少有68%的国民是愿意接受的 |
[25:26] | Most of whom probably have no idea | 这群人大多并不清楚 |
[25:27] | that they are giving up democracy, | 他们正在放弃的是民主和 |
[25:29] | personal freedom and, of course, women’s rights. | 个人自由 当然还有女性权利 |
[25:35] | And they won’t miss these things | 而他们不会怀念它们的 |
[25:37] | because they’ve never had them, | 因为他们从没体会过 |
[25:38] | and now they never will. | 也永远都不会体会到了 |
[25:42] | You mentioned the possibility of a moderate Islamic state. | 你说过温和的伊斯兰国家的可能性 |
[25:45] | The whole reason these talks are happening | 我们能有这些对话 |
[25:48] | is because we learned there’s a faction of the Taliban | 都是因为我们知道塔利班内部 |
[25:51] | that is open to education. | 有可以开放教育的派系 |
[25:53] | But do you know the kind of education they mean? | 但你知道他们所谓的教育是什么吗 |
[25:56] | Girls swaying over the Qur’an in burkas | 女孩们每天在罩袍里摇摇晃晃 |
[25:59] | for ten hours a day while a male teacher instructs them | 背着古兰经 而男老师 |
[26:02] | from behind a curtain. | 在窗帘后面教课 |
[26:04] | We’ll negotiate for a real education. | 我们要为了真正的教育而谈判 |
[26:07] | The Soviets. Pakistan. The Taliban. | 之前是苏联 巴基斯坦 塔利班 |
[26:12] | Now the United States. | 现在是美国 |
[26:16] | Every “New solution” Is hardest | 在一个已经没有什么权利的群体中 |
[26:18] | on the one group that has the least power already. | 任何一种”新的解决方案”都很困难 |
[26:22] | They took more and more away from us | 他们从我们这里夺走的越来越多 |
[26:24] | until we were literally under house arrest. | 知道我们真的被监禁在家中 |
[26:28] | – Mutilated for going out alone… – I know. | -独自出门就会被断肢 -我知道 |
[26:30] | You can’t possibly. | 你根本不可能知道 |
[26:32] | What I do know is that open societies where women | 我知道的是让女性和被剥夺权利者 |
[26:36] | and the disenfranchised have fundamental rights | 都能拥有基本权利的社会 |
[26:40] | mean a better life for everyone. | 能让每个人都生活的更好 |
[26:41] | It is what I fight for every day, Amina. | 这就是我每天努力的原因 阿米娜 |
[26:45] | But it doesn’t come from guns, | 但是这样的社会无法从武力中得到 |
[26:47] | and it doesn’t come from drone strikes. | 也无法从无人机突袭中得到 |
[26:49] | It comes, as you said, from words. | 只能像你说的一样 从对话中来 |
[26:53] | We have an opportunity to talk, | 我们现在有一个对话的机会 |
[26:56] | and I think it’s good that we’re taking it. | 而且我觉得我们要把握住这次机会 |
[26:58] | You know what would give me hope? | 你知道什么会让我有希望吗 |
[27:01] | If a woman, one woman, was in those talks. | 如果有女性 哪怕就一个女性能参与那些对话 |
[27:04] | Because she would understand better than anyone else | 因为她比所有人都清楚 |
[27:07] | what the price of peace should be. | 和平的代价是什么 |
[27:12] | We have paid it so many times. | 我们已经付出太多次代价了 |
[27:18] | Matvey and his girlfriend, | 马特维和他的女朋友 |
[27:19] | or maybe just some woman | 或者只是一个 |
[27:21] | on the worst date of her life, | 约会运气超差的姑娘 |
[27:23] | were shot in his apartment. | 在他家被枪杀 |
[27:25] | ME at the scene estimated they’d been dead 12 hours. | 现场法医说他们已经死亡12小时以上了 |
[27:28] | Must have gotten to them within hours of our meeting. | 肯定是在我们会面后几个小时之内杀的他们 |
[27:30] | I had been communicating with him for months. | 我跟他联系了几个月了 |
[27:32] | They could have been on to him by the time you got there. | 他们也许在你到这里的时候就找到他了 |
[27:34] | They were tortured. | 他们被折磨了 |
[27:38] | They found a car battery and electrodes | 他们发现了尸体旁边 |
[27:40] | next to their bodies. | 有汽车电池和电极 |
[27:42] | Poor girl, she didn’t have any intel. | 可怜的姑娘 她什么都不知道 |
[27:44] | She was just in the wrong place | 只是在俄罗斯人破门而入时 |
[27:45] | at the wrong time when the Russians kicked the door in. | 出现在了错的时间错的地点 |
[27:48] | Alexander, can I talk to you a minute? | 亚历山大 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[27:53] | Listen, if you need to take the rest of the day… | 如果你今天需要休息的话 |
[27:55] | No. I mean, I’m fine, thank you. | 不用 我没事 谢谢 |
[27:59] | But there is something you need to know. | 但有些事你需要知道 |
[28:03] | I was followed last night. | 我昨晚被跟踪了 |
[28:07] | Why didn’t you mention this sooner? | 怎么不早说 |
[28:09] | At the time, I hoped I was just being paranoid, | 当时我希望只是我多想了 |
[28:11] | but… if-if Matvey was tortured, | 但是 如果马特维被折磨了 |
[28:15] | and if he gave me up… | 如果他把我供出来了 |
[28:21] | Um, I’ve got the license plate number of the car. | 我记住了那辆车的车牌号 |
[28:24] | Okay, get it for me. I’ll run it. | 好的 给我 我去查查 |
[28:26] | You’re absolutely certain this information is correct? | 你确定这信息百分之百是正确的 |
[28:28] | Henry’s office reached out to their asset in Kabul, | 亨利的办公室联系过他们在喀布尔的线人 |
[28:31] | who’s connected to Akbar Haq Raquib, | 那人联系过阿克巴·哈克·拉奇博 |
[28:34] | and he confirmed… the Taliban want to negotiate. | 他确认 塔利班想要谈判 |
[28:39] | So just like that, Operation Tiger Claw morphs | 那么这么说 虎爪行动小队的 |
[28:42] | from a military offensive against the Taliban | 针对塔利班的军事行动演化成了 |
[28:45] | to… peace talks? | 和平谈判 |
[28:47] | Maybe the Taliban are as weary of fighting as everyone else. | 也许塔利班像所有人一样害怕战争呢 |
[28:50] | In exchange for peace, I assume they have a few demands? | 和平肯定有代价 我想他们会提出些条件吧 |
[28:55] | They want a role in the central government. | 他们想要在中央政府有一席之地 |
[28:58] | It’s a compromise that has worked in the past. | 在过去这样的妥协 |
[29:01] | In Ireland and South Africa. | 在爱尔兰和南非都奏效了 |
[29:04] | Say what you will about their methods, | 你对他们的看法有什么想法 |
[29:06] | the Taliban aren’t global jihadists. | 塔利班又不是什么国际圣战分子 |
[29:10] | They could be satisfied with a voice | 在他们国家有话语权 |
[29:12] | in their country’s leadership. | 他们可能也就满足了 |
[29:14] | Yes, but what about the people they’re ostensibly leading? | 那他们表面上的领导人真没办 |
[29:18] | After all this time, we can’t just open the door | 这么久了 我们不能在 |
[29:20] | and invite the enemy in without a popular consensus. | 没有普遍共识的情况下对敌人大开家门吧 |
[29:22] | A recent human rights poll found | 最近的一次人权调查显示 |
[29:24] | that approximately 68% of the country favor Sharia Law. | 大约有68%的人支持伊斯兰教法 |
[29:28] | I-I know. I was surprised, too. | 我知道 我也很惊讶 |
[29:31] | The Afghan people have been living with a chaotic, | 阿富汗人们在既混乱又虚脱且腐败的 |
[29:33] | weak and corrupt government for so long that, uh, | 政府统治下生活了够久了 |
[29:37] | the Taliban is starting to look good by comparison. | 对比起来 塔利班看起来也还不错 |
[29:40] | Well, if that’s so, sir, | 如果是这样的话 先生 |
[29:41] | then maybe it’s time for us to finally | 也许我们终于到了 |
[29:44] | get off the merry-go-round. | 下车的时候了 |
[29:47] | Walk me through it, Bess. | 给我讲讲 贝丝 |
[29:50] | The Taliban would agree | 塔利班会同意 |
[29:52] | to recognize a democratically elected government, | 承认一个民主选举产生的政府 |
[29:55] | of which they would be an active minority party. | 他们则会成为一个活跃的少数党派 |
[29:58] | Women would have access to education, | 女性将获得受教育权 |
[30:01] | and the ability to work, but not drive. | 以及工作权 但是不能驾驶 |
[30:04] | So we’re talking strict Islamic law as oppose to Sharia? | 所以我们说的是严格的伊斯兰法律而不是伊斯兰教法 |
[30:08] | That’s something. | 这是有区别的 |
[30:10] | It is. | 是的 |
[30:11] | There’s one hard line in the sand for them: | 对他们来说有一条绝对底线 |
[30:15] | no women running for office | 女性不得在新政府中 |
[30:16] | or serving in the new government. | 竞选官员或工作 |
[30:24] | And we were doing so well. | 我们干的可真漂亮 |
[30:27] | Kind of puts the lie to their request | 这跟他们说的自由选举 |
[30:28] | for free elections, doesn’t it? | 差距还挺大的啊 |
[30:30] | Look, I’m not happy about it, either, | 我对此也不满意 |
[30:32] | but other countries have declared independence | 但别的宣布独立 |
[30:34] | and labeled themselves free | 且标榜自己自由的国家 |
[30:37] | while neglecting to give their female citizens | 也曾忽视给与他们的女性公民 |
[30:39] | an equal voice. | 发声的权利 |
[30:42] | This country we’re standing in, for instance. | 就比如我们所处的这个国家 |
[30:44] | A mistake that was eventually corrected. | 最终这个错误还是被改正了 |
[30:46] | And I have every hope | 而我全心全意的 |
[30:47] | that Afghanistan will do the same. | 希望阿富汗也能做到这样 |
[30:50] | Eventually. | 最终 |
[31:00] | Gather the NSC. | 召集国家安全委员会 |
[31:01] | I want all opinions on the floor | 我想听取所有人的意见 |
[31:03] | – for discussion. – Yes, sir. | -以供讨论 -好的 先生 |
[31:11] | All right… all right. | 好了 好了 |
[31:15] | Most of the decisions that get made in this room | 每一个需要在这个房间里做的决定 |
[31:18] | are difficult. | 都很困难 |
[31:19] | This one is no exception, | 这一次也不例外 |
[31:21] | so… let’s go one at a time, hmm? | 所以 我们一个一个说 好吧 |
[31:25] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[31:26] | This is our chance | 这是我们 |
[31:28] | to strike a significant blow against the Taliban. | 重创塔利班的机会 |
[31:30] | Why would we stand down and make concessions | 我们为什么要在快要胜利的时候 |
[31:33] | when we’re winning? | 做出让步呢 |
[31:34] | Are we winning? | 我们快胜利了吗 |
[31:35] | It doesn’t always feel like that to me. | 我可不觉得 |
[31:38] | All due respect, sir, | 恕我直言 先生 |
[31:39] | I agree with Gordon. It’s premature | 我同意戈登的想法 |
[31:42] | to consider negotiating with the Taliban. | 与塔利班进行谈判还为时过早 |
[31:44] | “Premature” After almost two decades of war? | 打了快二十年仗了还”为时过早” |
[31:47] | We need to use military force | 我们需要动用武装力量来 |
[31:49] | so we can create the political leverage we need | 创造我们所需要的政治筹码 |
[31:52] | for a sustainable political solution. | 来获取一个可持续的政治解决方案 |
[31:55] | And how many other armies | 还有多少其他军队 |
[31:56] | have made that same calculation | 也做了同样的计算 |
[31:58] | only to wind up mired for years? | 结果却陷入了多年的泥潭 |
[32:00] | And what if the people of Afghanistan | 如果阿富汗人们 |
[32:01] | have identified a solution for themselves? | 自己找到解决方案了呢 |
[32:04] | Two-thirds of them favor Taliban rule. | 他们有三分之二的人支持塔利班统治 |
[32:06] | Or have we not yet evolved from telling the rest of the world | 难道我们还没明白 别再教世界上其他人 |
[32:09] | how to run their lives? | 如何生活吗 |
[32:10] | I understand that you swim in a vast universe of gray area, | 我知道你常年游走在灰色地带 |
[32:13] | Russell, but there are some of us that can still see a clear | 拉塞尔 但我们还是有人能看得到 |
[32:16] | and distinct line between what’s right and what’s wrong. | 对错之间有一条清晰的界限的 |
[32:19] | Well, now you’re just trying to hurt my feelings. | 你现在就只是想要伤害我了 |
[32:22] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[32:23] | you can’t possibly favor a plan that, | 你不可能会支持一个 |
[32:25] | if it was implemented here, | 如果实现了 |
[32:26] | would have you cleaning out your desk. | 就需要你收拾桌子走人的计划 |
[32:30] | Oh, and that is assuming | 还要假设 |
[32:31] | there was a man willing to chauffeur you home. | 有男性愿意送你回家 |
[32:35] | Even the Saudis came to their senses | 现在沙特都已经觉醒了 |
[32:37] | and agreed to let women drive, for God’s sake. | 并且允许女性开车了 感谢上帝 |
[32:39] | That’s a concession I hope we can still win. | 我希望我们在让步之后还能赢 |
[32:43] | But they are holding the line | 但是他们死守了 |
[32:44] | on keeping women out of the new government. | 不允许女性参政的底线 |
[32:47] | It is “Take it or leave it.” | 这就是”爱要不要 不要算了” |
[32:50] | And you’re encouraging us to take it. | 而你想让我们接受 |
[32:51] | I’m trying to… not lose sight | 我试图 不去对塔利班 |
[32:54] | of the compromises the Taliban has already made. | 做出的妥协视而不见 |
[32:57] | Ones that would have been unthinkable a decade ago. | 这些妥协在十年前是不可想象的 |
[33:03] | Women’s education and employment | 女性教育和就业 |
[33:05] | coupled with a strong democratic government | 再加上一个强大的民主政府 |
[33:08] | can be the seeds that grow a more progressive society. | 是培育更进步社会的种子 |
[33:14] | They have to start somewhere. | 万事都有开头 |
[33:16] | And what do we tell our Gold Star families? | 我们又怎么向金星奖章[阵亡士兵]家庭交待 |
[33:18] | The ones who have made the real sacrifices. | 他们是做出了真正牺牲的人 |
[33:20] | “Sorry, but the insurgents that killed your child, | “对不起 杀害了你孩子的那些叛乱分子 |
[33:23] | “They’re gonna be running things in Afghanistan now. | “他们现在要在阿富汗掌权了” |
[33:26] | Thanks for your service.” | “谢谢你为国效力” |
[33:27] | Sir… | 总统先生 |
[33:28] | it is my recommendation that we proceed | 我的建议是 我们继续 |
[33:30] | with Operation Tiger Claw as planned. | 按原计划进行虎爪行动 |
[33:33] | Taking the diplomatic path now | 现在采取外交途径 |
[33:35] | will only lead to Afghanistan returning to the haven | 只会导致阿富汗变回恐怖分子的避难所 |
[33:38] | for terrorists that it was in 2001. | 就像2001年那样 |
[33:41] | We’ll be right back where we started, sir… | 我们的努力就都白费了 总统先生 |
[33:43] | on a decline to theocracy and despotism. | 阿富汗又会回到神权政治和专制主义的老路上 |
[33:49] | Thank you all for your input. | 谢谢你们的陈述 |
[33:52] | I’ll let you know my decision. | 我会通知你们我的决定的 |
[34:04] | We don’t have to agree on this one. | 我们不需要在这个问题上达成一致 |
[34:09] | Look, I get it. | 我明白 |
[34:13] | You helped plan this operation, | 你参与策划了这次行动 |
[34:14] | and you have faith in what it can accomplish. | 你对行动的结果很有信心 |
[34:17] | I’m not blinded by the bars, Elizabeth. | 我没有被蒙蔽 伊丽莎白 |
[34:21] | Doesn’t it strike you as ironic, | 你不觉得这很讽刺吗 |
[34:24] | the two of us in this building | 我们俩在这栋楼里 |
[34:27] | talking about a historic decision | 谈论一个历史性的决定 |
[34:30] | that could deny a generation of women | 这可能会令一代女性 |
[34:33] | this same opportunity? | 失去这样的机会 |
[34:35] | Of course I can appreciate that. | 我当然明白 |
[34:38] | And I also appreciate that we are both thinking | 我也希望我们都能想一想 |
[34:41] | about the greater good. | 更高的利益 |
[34:43] | Where you see a tiny window to negotiate… | 你看到了一个小小的谈判窗口 |
[34:48] | I see a wedge… | 我却看到一个楔子 |
[34:50] | where we can finally pry open the door | 让我们可以终于撬开那扇门 |
[34:53] | and liberate half a country. | 来解放半个国家 |
[34:58] | That’s me… | 对我来说 |
[35:01] | thinking about the greater good. | 这才是更大的好处 |
[35:07] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[35:09] | Thanks for coming by. | 谢谢你赶过来 |
[35:10] | Your assistant said it was urgent. | 你的助手说这事很紧急 |
[35:12] | Yeah. I got word that you are running a license plate. | 是的 我听说你在查一个车牌 |
[35:17] | Yeah. Alexander Mehranov thought | 是的 亚历山大·米拉诺夫 |
[35:19] | he was being followed last night. | 认为他昨晚被跟踪了 |
[35:21] | We were concerned it was the Russians. | 我们担心是俄罗斯人 |
[35:22] | He was being followed, but not by the Russians. | 他是被跟踪了 但不是被俄罗斯人 |
[35:28] | It was CIA, Security Division. | 是中情局的安全部门 |
[35:31] | It’s standard operating procedure when an agent | 这是探员戒毒完毕后的 |
[35:34] | completes a stint in rehab. | 标准的操作程序 |
[35:39] | I should have been informed you were surveilling my agent. | 你在监视我的探员 应该告诉我一声 |
[35:41] | Fair point. | 有道理 |
[35:45] | So did they see any suspicious behavior? | 那么他们发现可疑行为了吗 |
[35:49] | This is the work Mehranov signed up for, Henry. | 这是米拉诺夫自己接受的工作 亨利 |
[35:52] | The United States government is completely within its rights | 美国政府完全有权 |
[35:55] | to keep an eye on agents who could present a security risk. | 监视有安全隐患的探员 |
[35:59] | I assure you Alexander’s not a risk. | 我向你保证亚历山大没有安全隐患 |
[36:02] | And his work on Afghanistan is essential. | 他在阿富汗的工作至关重要 |
[36:04] | Understood. | 我明白 |
[36:07] | I’ll call off the dogs. | 我会下令停止跟踪 |
[36:10] | But let me know if anything changes. | 但是如果有什么变化请告诉我 |
[36:12] | And I mean anything. | 任何事情 |
[36:14] | Is there anything else? | 还有什么事吗 |
[36:16] | No. | 没了 |
[36:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:41] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[36:42] | I did pick up pierogi… | 我买了一些半圆小酥饼们 |
[36:44] | and I do know that “Pierogi” is plural, | 我知道我说的是”一些半圆小酥饼” |
[36:46] | so there’s no “S”… but I got a lot of them, | 不用加”们” 但是我真的买了很多 |
[36:49] | and it’s not because I don’t think you can cook, it’s… | 并不是因为我认为你不会做饭 只是 |
[36:51] | I’ve just never had them, | 我从来没吃过 |
[36:52] | and-and they made me think of you, so… | 他们让我想起你 所以 |
[36:55] | I-I still haven’t… | 我还没有 |
[36:56] | – haven’t made anything… – Well, perfect. | -什么都还没做 -好吧 |
[36:59] | I got meat and potato. | 我有肉和土豆 |
[37:08] | Can, um… | 我们 |
[37:09] | can-can we sit down for a minute? | 我们能坐一会儿吗 |
[37:11] | Can I talk to you? | 我可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[37:13] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[37:13] | I was actually about to say the same thing. | 我也想跟你谈谈 |
[37:25] | Why don’t you go first? | 你先说吧 |
[37:28] | Okay. Um… | 好的 |
[37:32] | All right. I don’t think I realized, um… | 好吧 我想我没意识到 |
[37:35] | how bad I was feeling about myself | 与杰瑞斯分手后 |
[37:37] | after the breakup with Jareth. | 自己有多糟糕 |
[37:39] | But… | 但是 |
[37:42] | with you, I, um… | 和你在一起 |
[37:44] | I feel like myself again. | 我又找到了自己 |
[37:46] | So… whatever this is or isn’t, | 所以 不管我们之间的关系算什么 |
[37:49] | or-or… will be, | 或者以后会怎么样 |
[37:52] | I just wanted… | 我只想 |
[37:55] | I just wanted to thank you. | 我只是想谢谢你 |
[38:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:02] | Your turn. | 该你了 |
[38:08] | It can wait. | 以后再说吧 |
[38:29] | Is it time? | 到时间了吗 |
[38:30] | No. We still have a few minutes. | 没有 我们还有几分钟 |
[38:31] | But I have some news. | 但我有一些消息 |
[38:34] | I’m afraid to ask. | 我不敢问 |
[38:36] | President Sharza accepted the terms offered by the Taliban, | 沙扎总统接受了塔利班提供的条件 |
[38:39] | and the U.S. has backed the deal. | 美国也支持这项协议 |
[38:42] | The military operation is officially off the table for now. | 目前 军事行动已正式取消 |
[38:49] | And how soon before you pull your troops out | 那么你们什么时候撤军 |
[38:51] | and leave us to our fate? | 让我们自生自灭 |
[38:53] | There’s a three-year plan to make sure that the Taliban | 有一个三年的计划来确保塔利班 |
[38:56] | hold up their end of the agreement. | 将履行协议 |
[38:58] | We won’t leave if they don’t. | 如果他们不履行 我们也会不走 |
[39:00] | You’ll have a revised constitution | 你们会修改宪法 |
[39:02] | of moderate Islamic rule. | 施行温和的伊斯兰统治 |
[39:04] | Women will still be educated, | 女性仍然会受到教育 |
[39:06] | they can work, vote, control their own finances, | 她们可以工作 投票 控制自己的财政 |
[39:10] | but there is one point we couldn’t move them on. | 但是有一点我们没办法让他们改变主意 |
[39:13] | Women will not be able to hold government positions. | 妇女将不能担任政府职务 |
[39:16] | At least… not yet. | 至少 现在还不行 |
[39:22] | Of course. | 当然 |
[39:25] | It’s a place to start. | 万事都有个开始 |
[39:26] | Please don’t sell me on this right now. | 请先不要向我解释 |
[39:29] | I suppose this is my last speech | 我想这是我作为教育部长的 |
[39:32] | as Minister of Education. | 最后一次演讲了 |
[39:34] | Uh, excuse me, Madam Secretary. | 不好意思 国务卿女士 |
[39:36] | We’re ready for you. | 到您了 |
[39:39] | And now, to introduce our keynote speaker, | 现在 一位非常特别的客人 |
[39:43] | we bring you a very special guest | 将为大家介绍主讲人 |
[39:45] | and an inspiration to women everywhere. | 她对各地女性都是一个激励 |
[39:49] | Please welcome to the Women Transform the World conference, | 欢迎来参加妇女改变世界会议的 |
[39:53] | Secretary of State | 国务卿 |
[39:55] | Elizabeth McCord. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[40:02] | That’s you, Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 该上台了 |
[40:05] | Go. | 去吧 |
[40:23] | I meet a lot of survivors in my work, | 我在工作中见到了很多幸存者 |
[40:27] | people who have seen some of the worst | 他们是那些经历过世界上 |
[40:29] | this world has to offer, | 最坏处境的人 |
[40:33] | and the quality they all share | 他们身上共有的品质是 |
[40:34] | is the ability to believe in the coming day | 即使在最寒冷的黎明 |
[40:37] | even in the bleakest dawn. | 也会相信未来是美好的 |
[40:41] | Amina Salah has seen many | 阿米娜·萨拉赫在她的国家 |
[40:43] | bleak new dawns in her country, | 见过许多凄凉的曙光 |
[40:46] | through a violent revolution, | 她经历过一场暴力革命 |
[40:49] | communism, Soviet occupation | 共产主义 苏联占领 |
[40:52] | and a brutal civil war. | 一场残酷的内战 |
[40:54] | She had an opportunity to escape | 在塔利班掌权之前 |
[40:57] | before the Taliban came to power, | 她本来有逃跑的机会 |
[40:59] | but she stayed, earning a bachelor’s | 但她留下了 获得了学士学位 |
[41:02] | and then a law degree from Kabul University. | 然后在喀布尔大学获得了法律学位 |
[41:06] | And as she watched a generation of girls denied access | 当她看着这一代女孩无法接受 |
[41:10] | to a basic education, | 基础教育的时候 |
[41:13] | Amina dedicated her life | 阿米娜将自己的生命致力于 |
[41:14] | to giving them the same opportunity she had. | 给她们同等的机会 |
[41:18] | In her tenure | 在她任职期间 |
[41:19] | as Afghanistan’s Minister of Education, | 作为阿富汗教育部长 |
[41:22] | she’s worked tirelessly to give faith | 她不知疲倦地而工作 |
[41:24] | to a new generation of girls | 让新一代的女孩们相信 |
[41:27] | that a new day is coming, | 新的一天即将来临 |
[41:30] | one that may feel bleak and cold now, | 虽然现在可能凄凉而寒冷 |
[41:34] | but will one day be warm and broad | 但总有一天会变得温暖而宽广 |
[41:38] | and include everyone under the sun. | 每个人都生活在阳光下 |
[41:42] | I’m reminded of a quote | 我想起了 |
[41:43] | from one of our own keepers of the faith, | 我们自己的信仰守护者 |
[41:46] | Susan B. Anthony. | 苏珊·B·安东尼的一句名言 |
[41:49] | “We shall someday be heeded, | “有一天我们会受人瞩目” |
[41:50] | “And everybody will think it was always so, | “到时候 每个人都会认为一贯如此” |
[41:54] | “Just exactly as many young people today | 就像今天的许多年轻人一样” |
[41:57] | “Think all the privileges which woman now possesses | “想想女人现在拥有的一切特权吧” |
[42:01] | “Always were hers. | “女人们一直都有特权” |
[42:03] | “They have no idea | “他们不知道” |
[42:05] | “How every single inch of ground she stands on | 她脚下的每一寸土地” |
[42:11] | “Has been gained by the hard work | “都建立在过去极少的杰出女性” |
[42:13] | of some little handful of women in the past.” | 努力工作的基础上” |
[42:18] | Or, in our case, the present. | 在我们情况中 这样的女性身处现代 |
[42:21] | Please welcome Afghan Minister of Education | 请欢迎阿富汗教育部长 |
[42:25] | and my dear friend, Amina Salah. | 和我亲爱的朋友 阿米娜·萨拉赫 |