时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Then breakfast at Volga | 然后在伏尔加 |
[00:06] | with Minister Ognian, followed by… | 和奥格尼安部长吃早餐 然后… |
[00:08] | Ognian? | 奥格尼安是谁 |
[00:09] | – New finance minister. – Ah, right. | -新的财政部长 -好 |
[00:11] | Then your monthly ambassador’s roundtable | 然后你每月和地方非政府组织领导 |
[00:13] | with local NGO leaders at 10:00. | 的大使圆桌会议在十点 |
[00:16] | Cool. Who we got this month? | 好 这个月是谁 |
[00:19] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[00:24] | Out, out, everybody out! | 出去 出去 大家都出去 |
[00:28] | Let’s go! Clear the floor! | 快走 大家撤离 |
[00:31] | Now! | 快 |
[00:39] | I can’t feel my ears. | 我耳朵都要冻掉了 |
[00:41] | Maybe you should’ve worn a hat. | 你该带个帽子 |
[00:42] | I can’t, I’m wearing fancy hair. | 不行 我做了超贵的头发 |
[00:45] | Men never get that. | 男人永远不懂 |
[00:48] | Listen, I really want to hold onto my gloves. | 我真想戴着我的手套 |
[00:51] | But is that tacky? | 但是不是不太好 |
[00:53] | Uh, hey, we have had colder weather than this. | 我们遇到过比这更冷的天气 |
[00:55] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[00:56] | When? Henry, it is two degrees. | 什么时候 亨利 这才二度 |
[00:58] | Two. | 二度 |
[00:59] | It’s not enough degrees for a basketball team. | 打篮球数目都不够 |
[01:02] | Boot camp, Lake County, Illinois. | 在伊利诺伊莱克县训练营 |
[01:04] | T-That December, it was consistently in the negatives. | 的那个十二月 温度一直都在零下 |
[01:07] | You don’t remember that? | 你不记得吗 |
[01:09] | It’s all a blur of newlywed bliss. | 新婚之喜冲淡了一切 |
[01:16] | Bet Prime Minister Soeda is pining away | 添田首相现在肯定 |
[01:19] | for the balmy shores of Tokyo right now. | 由于温暖的东京海岸而憔悴 |
[01:22] | Hope it doesn’t damage our relationship. | 但愿这不会损害我们双方关系 |
[01:24] | Oh, I’m sure Conrad will ply him | 我确定康拉德会不断 |
[01:25] | with the finest American spirits. | 给他灌输最棒的美国精神 |
[01:27] | Nothing to warm you up like a dose | 没什么能比一剂托马斯·杰斐逊 |
[01:29] | of Thomas Jefferson’s Reserve. | 更能温暖人啦 |
[01:32] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 |
[01:33] | Kat. Oh, man, I wished I’d held onto my coat. | 凯特 天 真希望我能穿着外套 |
[01:37] | Have you met my husband, Henry? | 你还没见过我丈夫亨利吧 |
[01:39] | No. I’ve heard so much about you. | 没有 久仰大名 |
[01:41] | – It’s a pleasure to meet you, Dr. McCord. – You, too, Kat. | -很高兴见到您 麦考德博士 -我也是 凯特 |
[01:43] | Uh, ma’am, our embassy in Bulgaria | 国务卿 我国驻保加利亚大使馆 |
[01:45] | is reporting some kind of… attack. | 上报了某种 袭击 |
[01:47] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[01:48] | A military attack? | 军事袭击 |
[01:49] | We’re not sure where it’s coming from. | 我们不确定来源 |
[01:50] | What kind of weaponry? | 什么武器 |
[01:52] | Sound. | 声波 |
[01:54] | Thank you, Lucy. | 谢谢 露西 |
[01:55] | A sonic attack. | 声波袭击 |
[01:57] | Really? That’s what it sounds like, sir. | 真的 听起来是 |
[01:59] | I… so to speak. | 我 可以这么说 |
[02:01] | Sounds more like something out of Star Trek. | 听起来像是《星际迷航》里的东西 |
[02:03] | It’s the Russians, isn’t it? | 是俄国人干的 是不是 |
[02:04] | Where’s Ephraim? | 埃弗兰在哪 |
[02:05] | On his way, sir. | 马上到 总统 |
[02:06] | I’m not aware of any evidence pointing to Russia. | 我不确定有指向俄国的证据 |
[02:09] | But I did just speak with Ambassador Williams. | 但我刚和威廉斯大使通话 |
[02:12] | And? How is he? | 他怎么样 |
[02:13] | Rattled, but hanging in there. | 有点受惊 但能坚持住 |
[02:15] | About 20 FSOs are being treated for hearing loss, | 大约20名外事官员听力受损 |
[02:18] | headache, nausea. | 头疼 恶心 正在接受治疗 |
[02:20] | Embassy security is getting into it with Bulgaria’s SIA, | 大使馆安保正和保加利亚情报机构一起调查 |
[02:24] | but to be clear, we still don’t know | 但要知道 我们仍不清楚 |
[02:26] | whether this was an attack, or something else. | 这是不是一场袭击 |
[02:28] | Like what? | 还能是什么 |
[02:30] | – Ephraim Ware, sir. – Get him in here. | -埃弗兰·威尔 -让他进来 |
[02:32] | It’s the Russians, isn’t it? | 是俄国人 对不对 |
[02:34] | Actually, sir, yes, it looks like it is. | 事实上 是的 看起来是 |
[02:37] | SIA is reporting that just prior to the incident, | 情报机构报告 在该事件之前 |
[02:40] | three men broke into an office building | 三个人闯入一个办公楼 |
[02:42] | with direct line of sight to our embassy. | 瞄准线直接对着我们大使馆 |
[02:44] | Which is what you’d need | 这就是声波武器 |
[02:46] | for a sonic weapon, I presume. | 所需的了 我猜 |
[02:48] | Facial recognition identified | 面部识别确认 |
[02:50] | one of the men as Yuri Sturble, | 其中一名是尤里·斯德波 |
[02:52] | a Russian national. | 俄国人 |
[02:53] | So much for “Something else.” | 你还怀疑这不是袭击吗 |
[02:55] | Where are these men now? | 这些人现在在哪 |
[02:56] | Unknown. But we’re working with the Bulgarians to track them. | 不知道 但我们正和保加利亚一起设法追踪他们 |
[03:00] | It’s practically an act of war. | 这基本就是侵略行为 |
[03:01] | Top Russian brass certainly grumbled | 俄国高层肯定不满 |
[03:03] | after we thwarted their invasion in Emona, | 毕竟我们阻止了他们入侵艾摩那 |
[03:05] | then added that new wing onto the embassy | 在大使馆加了那个新侧厅 |
[03:08] | as a victory lap, but I-I… | 作为胜利的象征 但我… |
[03:09] | Now they’re hitting back. | 现在他们开始反击 |
[03:10] | I’m putting Special Activities Division | 我派特别行动科 |
[03:12] | in charge of the investigation. | 负责此次调查 |
[03:14] | Dr. McCord is already being briefed. | 已经给麦考德博士介绍了基本情况 |
[03:16] | Fine, but I want | 好吧 但我希望 |
[03:17] | the Pentagon working on countermeasures now. | 国防部现在开始制定对抗措施 |
[03:20] | Well, I suppose we should go and greet | 我想我们该去会见 |
[03:21] | Prime Minister Soeda and smile | 添田首相 |
[03:23] | like we’re not careening toward the abyss. | 表现得好像并没有即将坠入深渊 |
[03:26] | Lydia wouldn’t have it any other way. | 莉迪亚对这次晚宴很兴奋 |
[03:29] | You look quite fetching, by the way, Bess. Oh. | 你看起来非常迷人 贝丝 |
[03:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 总统先生 |
[03:36] | Mr. President? | 总统先生 |
[03:45] | What about the attack on our embassy in Bulgaria? | 对于我国驻保加利亚大使馆遭受袭击您怎么看 |
[03:48] | Was it Russia? | 是俄国人吗 |
[03:49] | I will tell you this: | 这么说吧 |
[03:51] | if we confirm | 如果我们确认 |
[03:52] | that Russia is behind it, | 该事件背后有俄国的影子 |
[03:54] | they are going to feel the overwhelming force and ferocity | 他们就会感受到我国军事力量 |
[03:57] | of our military might. | 的强大和凶残 |
[03:59] | Are you threatening a nuclear attack, Mr. President? | 您是在暗示核袭击吗 总统先生 |
[04:05] | That’s it. | 好了 |
[04:06] | Thanks, everyone. | 谢谢各位 |
[04:10] | Mr. President, I have to ask, | 总统先生 我得请教下 |
[04:11] | what did you have in mind with that statement? | 您发表那一言论时在想什么 |
[04:14] | We’re putting the Russians on notice. | 我们要警告俄国 |
[04:16] | It’s called leading from strength. | 这叫做强国力量 |
[04:17] | Okay. And did you vet it | 好吧 你和国防部长或 |
[04:19] | with the secretary of defense or anyone on the NSC? | 国家安全委员会的人确认了吗 |
[04:22] | Relax, Russell. | 放轻松 拉塞尔 |
[04:23] | As the top of the food chain around here, | 站在食物链顶端 |
[04:24] | I don’t have to check with anyone | 警告敌人前 |
[04:25] | before warning an adversary. | 我不用和任何人确认 |
[04:27] | Due respect, sir, actually, you do. | 恕我冒昧 总统 事实上 您需要 |
[04:30] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[04:32] | Mr. President, I-I… | 总统先生 我 |
[04:33] | I know I don’t need to explain | 我知道我不需要解释 |
[04:36] | why it’s dangerous to improvise foreign policy, | 在外交政策上即兴发挥为什么危险 |
[04:39] | especially with threats. | 尤其是威胁 |
[04:40] | That’s right, you don’t. | 没错 不需要 |
[04:42] | Lydia. | 莉迪亚 |
[04:49] | Just, uh… | 那就… |
[04:51] | call the Russian foreign minister. | 联系俄国外交部长 |
[04:53] | Cool things down. | 平息事件 |
[04:54] | Yeah, that’ll be easy. | 说得倒容易 |
[04:55] | He just threatened “ferocity and might”? | 他刚用”凶残的军事力量”威胁他们 |
[04:58] | – What the hell? – I have no idea. | -什么鬼啊 -我不知道 |
[05:02] | Is it Harrison? | 是因为哈里森吗 |
[05:03] | He-he gets this way with Harrison, | 哈里森一出事 他就不对劲 |
[05:05] | but he doesn’t usually take it out on our nuclear adversaries. | 但他通常不会对我们核对手如此 |
[05:09] | Hopefully, he’ll sleep it off. | 真希望他睡一觉就没事了 |
[05:10] | For now, let’s just… contain the damage. | 现在 赶紧降低损失吧 |
[05:30] | Isn’t the heat working? | 暖气不管用吗 |
[05:31] | It’s on, it’s just taking a second to kick in. | 开着呢 需要时间暖和起来 |
[05:33] | We closed the vents in here to make it warmer in your office. | 我们关了这里的排气孔使你的办公室更暖和 |
[05:35] | Then let’s go directly there. | 那咱们直接进去吧 |
[05:36] | Okay, good. Great. | 好 |
[05:38] | Ma’am, Jay has Chloe tonight, so he’s monitoring | 国务卿 杰伊今晚带克洛伊 |
[05:40] | the situation from home. | 所以他在家处理这一事件 |
[05:42] | Understood. | 理解 |
[05:43] | And where are we on the situation? | 进展如何 |
[05:44] | I have set up an emergency call with Foreign Minister Avdonin. | 我紧急呼叫了外交部长阿多宁 |
[05:47] | Who is standing by to teach us an advanced course | 他正等着 |
[05:49] | in Russian expletives, | 给我们上俄国脏话的高级课程 |
[05:50] | if his preliminary e-mail is any indication. | 他之前的邮件已经有所暗示 |
[05:53] | I saw it. Some of the phrases were pretty imaginative. | 我看到了 有些词语相当有画面感 |
[05:55] | Yeah. Ma’am, I hate to ask, | 国务卿 我不想问 |
[05:56] | but what’s going on with the president? | 但总统是怎么了 |
[05:59] | Look, let’s just focus on containing the damage. | 咱们还是集中精力降低损失吧 |
[06:04] | – Okay? – Okay, ma’am. | -好吗 -好的 国务卿女士 |
[06:05] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿女士 |
[06:08] | I suppose the challenge in this call with Avdonin | 我想和阿多宁的这通电话 |
[06:10] | is to walk the delicate line | 难点在于巧妙措辞 |
[06:13] | of not undermining the president’s position | 既不有损总统的面子 |
[06:15] | while assuring Russia there are no immediate plans | 同时向俄国保证 对于索非亚事件 |
[06:18] | to respond to the Sofia situation with force. | 没有近期的武力计划 |
[06:23] | Piece of cake. | 小意思 |
[06:24] | No immediate plans? Really? | 没有近期计划 真的吗 |
[06:27] | Well, that just makes it all better, doesn’t it? | 听起来好多了 不是吗 |
[06:30] | Minister Avdonin… | 阿多宁部长 |
[06:31] | I have been in President Salnikov’s office | 我在萨尔尼科夫总统的办公室 |
[06:33] | for the last hour, and trust me, | 待了一个小时 相信我 |
[06:36] | he’s not happy. | 他很生气 |
[06:38] | He makes me look like the picture of peace and solitude. | 他使我看起来非常平静和孤独 |
[06:41] | And that’s why you and I need to tamp things down. | 这就是你和我需要把事情压制的原因 |
[06:44] | Tamp? | 压制 |
[06:45] | Your president is the only one | 你们总统是唯一一个 |
[06:46] | who needs to tamp, Madam Secretary. | 需要压制的人 国务卿 |
[06:49] | In fact, he should apologize publicly | 事实上 他应该公开为 |
[06:52] | for his spectacularly over-the-top, barbaric, | 他引人注目 夸大其词 野蛮粗鲁 |
[06:56] | asinine, outrageous threat against the Russian people. | 愚蠢可笑的对俄国人民的威胁道歉 |
[07:00] | Why don’t you and I focus on what we can actually do? | 咱们还是专注于咱们能做些什么吧 |
[07:04] | I can’t wait to hear what you have in mind. | 等不及要听听你的见解了 |
[07:06] | You say you didn’t attack us. | 你说你们没有袭击我们 |
[07:08] | We know for a fact that one of your citizens | 据我们所知 有人看到一名贵国公民 |
[07:10] | was seen in position to strike our embassy before the incident. | 在该事件前准备攻击我们的大使馆 |
[07:14] | Let us talk to him. | 让我们和他谈谈 |
[07:16] | That’s your idea of something we can actually do? | 这就是你说的咱们能做的事吗 |
[07:19] | If it wasn’t an attack, then you have nothing to worry about. | 如果不是袭击 那你就不必担心了 |
[07:23] | Us, worry? | 我们 担心 |
[07:25] | President Dalton | 道尔顿总统 |
[07:27] | threatened Russia on the world stage. | 在世界舞台上威胁俄国 |
[07:29] | No. You worry. | 不 你们才该担心 |
[07:31] | We will not let this affront go unanswered. | 我们不会让这一侮辱就这么过去 |
[07:38] | So much for containment. | 不用降低损害了 |
[07:43] | -Good night, Geri. -Good night. | -晚安 格里 -晚安 |
[07:46] | Oh. You’re still up? | 你还没睡 |
[07:47] | Yeah, I was, I was trying to get a jump | 嗯 我想看看索非亚事件 |
[07:49] | on this intel on the ground in Sofia. | 的当地情报 |
[07:51] | – Any luck? – Well, it’s mostly conflicting reports | -怎么样 -现在大多是相互冲突的 |
[07:53] | and speculation at this point. | 报道和猜测 |
[07:55] | How did things go with Avdonin? | 和阿多宁谈得如何 |
[07:57] | Not in a good place yet. | 目前为止不怎么样 |
[07:59] | What on earth possessed Conrad? | 到底什么刺激了康拉德 |
[08:02] | It’s so unlike him. | 根本不像他 |
[08:03] | I tried calling Lydia, | 我试着给莉迪亚打电话 |
[08:05] | but she didn’t pick up. | 但她没接 |
[08:07] | Maybe something with Harrison. | 可能是因为哈里森的事 |
[08:08] | That usually sets him off. | 这通常会让他抓狂 |
[08:11] | I’m hoping he turns on the charm tomorrow | 我希望他明天能够施展魅力 |
[08:13] | and buys it all back, and then | 力挽狂澜 |
[08:16] | this will have just been a very strange, | 这就只是一个异常诡异 |
[08:19] | very cold evening. | 寒冷无比的夜晚 |
[08:21] | And right now, I am going to go take a very hot bath. | 现在 我要来个热水浴 |
[08:25] | For about two and a half hours. | 要泡久一点 |
[08:28] | Well, that sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[08:32] | That doesn’t sound good. | 这听起来可不太好 |
[08:36] | Oh, gosh. | 天呐 |
[08:37] | – No, no, no, no. – Oh, no. | -不 不是吧 -不 |
[08:39] | Mom? Dad? What? | 妈妈 爸爸 怎么了 |
[08:42] | – What is happening? – What on earth? | -发生什么了 -怎么回事 |
[08:45] | It sounded like the world was ending. | 听起来像世界末日了 |
[08:47] | It’s just a broken pipe, calm down. | 只是水管爆裂 冷静点 |
[08:49] | Really? You were the first one to say “Giant sinkhole.” | 真的 可是你先说的”巨型天坑” |
[08:52] | That could still happen. | 那还是可能的 |
[08:53] | Is there something that we can do? | 我们能做点什么吗 |
[08:55] | I don’t even know what’s down here. | 我都不知道这下面有什么 |
[08:57] | Look at that box. | 看那个箱子 |
[09:01] | Ugh. Got even worse news. | 还有更糟糕的消息 |
[09:02] | – There goes your hot bath. – What? | -你的热水浴泡汤了 -什么 |
[09:04] | I had to turn off the main. | 我得关了主阀门 |
[09:07] | I hate this night. | 我讨厌这个晚上 |
[09:09] | Let’s go, come on. | 走吧 快走吧 |
[09:10] | Call the plumber. Plumber, plumber. | 打电话找水管工 水管工 |
[09:10] | Isn’t there supposed to be a drain? | 这难道没有排水管吗 |
[09:13] | When it gets this cold, you got to run the water through | 如果温度这么低 你们就得放放水 |
[09:15] | as a preventative measure. | 作为预防措施 |
[09:17] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:18] | ‘Cause if you let it just sit there, it freezes, expands. | 因为如果你不管 水会冻住 膨胀 |
[09:22] | The pipes burst. | 水管就会爆裂 |
[09:24] | Did you run the water through? | 你们有放过水吗 |
[09:25] | Let me answer that for you, | 让我替你们回答 |
[09:27] | because I wouldn’t be here if you ran the water through. | 如果你们放过水的话我就不会来了 |
[09:30] | We ran the water in the morning. We were only gone for the day. | 我们早上用过水 只是白天不在家而已 |
[09:32] | Yeah, well, that’s all it takes in weather like this. | 这种天气情况下 一天就够了 |
[09:34] | Well, I was about to | 水管爆裂时 |
[09:35] | draw a bath when it happened… | 我正准备放水洗澡… |
[09:39] | The point here isn’t to be right. | 重点不是这个 |
[09:41] | The point here is to learn from your mistakes. | 重点是要从错误中吸取教训 |
[09:44] | Well, thank you, Earl. | 谢谢你 厄尔 |
[09:46] | This is a terrific opportunity for growth. | 这还真是个绝佳的学习机会 |
[09:50] | Looks like you guys found the fishing gear. | 你们找到了钓鱼用具 |
[09:52] | Yeah, it was on the top shelf. | 在最上面的架子上 |
[09:54] | Most of the boxes look like this. | 大部分箱子都泡成这样了 |
[09:56] | Or worse. | 还有更糟的 |
[09:57] | We’re setting up Operation Dig Through in the kitchen. | 我们在厨房展开了挖掘行动 |
[09:59] | I-It’s probably just old linens | 可能只是一些旧的亚麻制品 |
[10:02] | and stuff we don’t care about, right? | 和我们不关心的东西吧 |
[10:04] | We’ll see. | 再看看 |
[10:07] | Pretty expensive lesson, am I right? | 这个教训可不便宜 是吧 |
[10:12] | See, it’s easy to forget about the foundations. | 瞧 房子的根基很容易被忽略 |
[10:15] | You live in the bright, | 你们住在敞亮的 |
[10:16] | shiny spaces where everything works, | 阳光充足的空间 一切正常运转 |
[10:19] | but you let yourselves forget about structural integrity. | 但是却放任自己忘记结构的完整性 |
[10:23] | The sanctity of the pipes. | 管道是神圣的 |
[10:25] | Everything inside the walls that makes it all work. | 是墙内的一切让生活正常运转 |
[10:28] | Houses are built from the ground up. | 万丈高楼平地起 |
[10:32] | Remember that. | 记住这一点 |
[10:38] | Okay. I consider myself | 好吧 我以为自己 |
[10:40] | a relatively progressive, enlightened man… | 是一个相对进步的 开明的人 |
[10:41] | You want to punch Earl. | 你想揍厄尔 |
[10:44] | – So much. – I know. | -非常想 -我懂 |
[10:45] | I get it. | 理解你 |
[10:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:50] | Russia just announced an $8 billion arms sale to Iran. | 俄罗斯刚刚宣布向伊朗出售价值八十亿美元的武器 |
[10:53] | Okay. Not too bad, considering. | 好吧 不算太坏 |
[10:56] | The release says it’s to | 新闻稿称这是为了 |
[10:57] | “Counteract imperialist Western influence.” | “抵消西方帝国主义带来的影响” |
[11:00] | Has a sort of autocratic charm. | 有点专制的魅力呢 |
[11:02] | They know it’s not in their interest to amp up aggressions. | 他们知道提高攻击性对他们无益 |
[11:06] | So it’s a measured response. | 所以这是个慎重的回应 |
[11:08] | Then you should tell POTUS that. | 那您应该和总统说说 |
[11:09] | He wants you in the Situation Room. | 他要您去战情室 |
[11:15] | Morning. You got something? | 早上好 有什么发现 |
[11:17] | We lost Yuri Sturble. | 我们跟丢了尤里·斯德波 |
[11:18] | He was over the Romanian border less than two hours | 事故发生后不到两小时 他和另外两个人 |
[11:20] | after the incident, along with the two other men. | 在罗马尼亚边境 |
[11:21] | It’s all on border security footage. | 边境安全录像上全部记录了 |
[11:23] | SRI is into it, but we’re not hopeful. | 我们正在调查 但是希望不大 |
[11:25] | What about our foreign service officers? | 我们的外交事务官员呢 |
[11:27] | Still being treated for hearing loss | 还因听力受损与严重头痛 |
[11:28] | and severe headaches. | 在接受治疗 |
[11:30] | Some are having prolonged bouts of dizziness and nausea. | 有些人出现了持续的头晕和恶心 |
[11:32] | And that’s consistent with a sonic attack? | 这与声波袭击的症状相符吗 |
[11:34] | Still, the case against Russia is completely circumstantial. | 而且 对俄罗斯的指控完全是不充分的 |
[11:37] | But the president must know something, right? | 但是总统一定知道内情吧 |
[11:39] | “Overwhelming force and veracity of our military might” | “我国军事力量的强大和凶残” |
[11:42] | He must have some broader strategy. | 他一定有更宏伟的策略 |
[11:45] | The president is counting on us to provide clarity. | 总统正指望我们弄清楚呢 |
[11:47] | Let’s broaden all our inquiries. | 继续扩大调查范围 |
[11:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:53] | What the hell took you so long? | 你怎么这么晚才来 |
[11:55] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[11:56] | Sorry. The stress of wrangling | 抱歉 说服世界上最有权势的人 |
[11:58] | the most powerful man on Earth. | 压力太大 |
[12:00] | What now? | 现在呢 |
[12:02] | He’s talking about shooting down | 他说到要击落 |
[12:03] | – Russian military satellites. – What?! | -俄罗斯的军事卫星 -什么 |
[12:06] | At least he wants to hear from the NSC | 至少在下命令之前他还想听听 |
[12:07] | before giving the order. | 国安会的想法 |
[12:08] | Oh, he’ll hear from us. | 他会听我们的 |
[12:11] | Any word from Harrison? | 有哈里森的消息吗 |
[12:13] | Yeah, I just talked to him. | 我刚和他聊过 |
[12:14] | Chewed my ear off about his blog, | 和我聊了聊他的博客 |
[12:16] | the whole juicing versus regular juicing or whatever the hell. | 整个榨汁和普通榨汁的区别什么的 |
[12:19] | He’s not the problem. | 问题不在他 |
[12:20] | What about Lydia? | 莉迪亚呢 |
[12:21] | She’s not returning my calls. | 她没回我电话 |
[12:22] | Yeah, she’s been dodging me, too. | 是的 她也在躲着我 |
[12:25] | What is happening? | 怎么回事 |
[12:26] | I suggest either targeted economic sanctions | 我建议要么采取有针对性的经济制裁 |
[12:29] | or the expulsion of diplomats. | 要么驱逐外交官 |
[12:31] | Same old dance. | 老一套 |
[12:32] | It’s a proportional response, sir. | 这是合理的回应 总统先生 |
[12:34] | That’s exactly my problem with it. | 这正是我的问题所在 |
[12:36] | I agree with Ellen, sir. | 我同意艾伦的 总统先生 |
[12:38] | We’re talking about a response to an arms deal. | 我们讨论的是针对一起武器交易的回应 |
[12:40] | Do you really have any doubt about the sonic attack | 你真的对我们大使馆的声波袭击 |
[12:42] | – on our embassy? – Yes. | -存有疑虑吗 -是的 |
[12:43] | It’s still being investigated. | 案件还在进行调查 |
[12:46] | That leaves you, Gordon. | 你的想法呢 戈登 |
[12:48] | I’m with Ellen and the secretary on this, sir. | 这件事上我同意艾伦和国务卿 总统先生 |
[12:50] | Although I might also advocate | 但是我也主张 |
[12:52] | for the seizure of Russian property on our soil. | 没收俄罗斯在美国的财产 |
[12:53] | None of which will teach | 这些都不会 |
[12:54] | Salnikov and his comrades a lesson. | 让萨尔尼科夫和他的同志吸取教训 |
[12:57] | How many oko missile detection satellites do they have? | 他们有多少个导弹探测卫星 |
[13:01] | Five, sir. | 五个 总统 |
[13:03] | Take ’em out. | 全部拿下 |
[13:04] | All of ’em. Thanks, everyone. | 一个不落 多谢各位 |
[13:06] | Conrad, that’s a massive escalation | 康拉德 这是一场大规模升级 |
[13:08] | without definitive proof that Russia is beh… | 并没有明确的证据证明俄罗斯是… |
[13:09] | We’re done here, Bess. | 讨论到此为止 贝丝 |
[13:12] | Mr. President, I strongly advise against this order. | 总统先生 我强烈反对这一命令 |
[13:15] | I already heard your recommendation. | 我已经听过你的建议了 |
[13:16] | Sir, I cannot in good conscience carry it out. | 总统先生 凭良心讲我无法听从您的命令 |
[13:20] | What makes you think I give a crap | 你凭什么觉得我在乎 |
[13:21] | about your conscience, Gordon? | 你的感受 戈登 |
[13:24] | I will not obey the order, sir. | 我不服从命令 总统先生 |
[13:25] | Then I’ll expect your resignation. | 那就请你准备辞职吧 |
[13:27] | – Mr. President. – Sir. | -总统先生 -总统先生 |
[13:29] | – Yes, sir. – In the meantime, | -好的 总统先生 -与此同时 |
[13:31] | you’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[13:33] | Deputy Secretary Holland, congratulations. | 霍兰副国务卿 恭喜你 |
[13:36] | You are now acting secretary of defense. | 你现在是代理国防部长了 |
[13:38] | Do you understand my order? | 你明白我的命令吗 |
[13:41] | Yes, Mr. President. | 是的 总统先生 |
[13:49] | Mr. President, I have to tell you, | 总统先生 不得不说 |
[13:51] | I, uh, I agree with Gordon. | 我 我同意戈登的意见 |
[13:53] | – Noted. – I think we should… | -知道了 -我认为我们应该… |
[13:54] | Conrad, can we just talk about this? | 康拉德 我们能聊一聊这件事吗 |
[13:57] | We just did. | 我们刚讨论过了 |
[13:58] | But striking Russia when we… | 但是袭击俄罗斯 特别是当我们… |
[13:59] | – I’m standing up to them. – No, thi-this isn’t like you, | -我要与他们抗争 -不 这不像你 |
[14:03] | ignoring your entire National Security Council, | 在我们了解事情真相前就升级冲突 |
[14:06] | – escalating before we have all the facts. – Enough. | -忽视整个国家安全委员会 -够了 |
[14:09] | This is our policy now. | 这是我们现在的政策 |
[14:11] | You and the rest of the NSC need to get on board | 你和国安会的其他人需要听从命令 |
[14:13] | or get out of the way. | 要么就闪远点 |
[14:15] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[14:16] | You have always insisted that I speak my mind. | 你一直都坚持让我表达我的想法 |
[14:19] | Well, I might have to rethink that policy, too. | 我可能也要重新考虑那条政策了 |
[14:21] | Conrad. | 康拉德 |
[14:23] | Let’s stick with Mr. President, hmm? | 要继续忠于总统 好吗 |
[14:35] | Dr. McCord, we have Agent Montgomery on SVTC. | 麦考德博士 我们接通了与蒙哥马利特工的视频连线 |
[14:37] | You’re gonna want to hear this. | 你会想听听这个的 |
[14:41] | Nicole, I understand you found a recording. | 尼科尔 我知道你找到了一段录音 |
[14:42] | Yeah, it matches the timing exactly. | 是的 它正好与那个时间点吻合 |
[14:45] | And several FSOs confirmed it’s what they heard. | 一些外事官员证实了这就是他们听到的 |
[14:47] | You buried the lede. Tell him how you got it. | 你没说重点 告诉他你怎么得到的 |
[14:49] | The, uh, embassy has a Diplotots day care on the first floor | 大使馆一楼的日托中心 |
[14:54] | with a nanny cam recording all the fun. | 有一台用于记录日常的保姆摄像机 |
[14:56] | I’ve always questioned the civil rights implications | 我总是质疑这些事情对公民权利的 |
[14:59] | of those things, but I’ll take it. | 影响 但是这次就接受了 |
[15:01] | Okay, let’s hear it. | 好 让我们听听 |
[15:08] | It’s pretty faint. | 很模糊 |
[15:09] | We’re sending it over to the FBI lab. | 我们已经把它送到联调局实验室了 |
[15:11] | If it’s a sonic weapon, they’ll know. | 如果这是声波武器 他们会知道的 |
[15:13] | Maybe they can also | 也许他们还能 |
[15:14] | reverse-engineer the signal. | 对信号进行反向工程 |
[15:16] | That way we’ll know if it’s Russian tech or something else. | 这样我们就能知道这是否是俄罗斯技术 |
[15:18] | I’ll make the request. | 我去和他们说 |
[15:34] | Are they here? | 他们到了吗 |
[15:40] | Does anyone know you’re here? | 有人知道你来这吗 |
[15:42] | Uh, no. I mean, my husband, but… | 没有 我丈夫 不过… |
[15:45] | I didn’t tell my wife. | 我没和我妻子说 |
[15:46] | If this goes sideways, I don’t want her to have to lawyer up. | 如果有什么变数 我不想让她被迫去找律师 |
[15:49] | I’d rather be eaten by lawyers than do this, | 我宁愿被律师围攻也不愿这么做 |
[15:51] | but we should get started. | 但是我们得开始了 |
[15:54] | The president, who I would normally | 总统先生 通常情况下 |
[15:57] | walk through the gates of hell for, | 为了他 我是地狱都愿意去闯的 |
[15:59] | has issued an order that, for the good of the country, | 现在为了国家的利益发布了一项 |
[16:02] | cannot be executed. | 无法执行的命令 |
[16:03] | We are the firewall between that order | 我们就是那项命令和 |
[16:07] | and the nightmare it could unleash. | 它会带来的噩梦间的防火墙 |
[16:09] | Inspiring words, Russell, | 激励人心 拉塞尔 |
[16:10] | but I’m the one who’s on the hook. | 但我才是那个首当其冲的人 |
[16:12] | A pact among all of us. | 我们之间的协议 |
[16:13] | A suicide pact. -Call it whatever you want. | -是个自杀协议 -你怎么叫都行 |
[16:15] | We all threaten to quit if it comes to that, | 如果事情严重起来 我们都要以辞职威胁 |
[16:17] | except Gordon. | 除了戈登 |
[16:18] | First unto the breach. | 第一个倒霉鬼 |
[16:19] | Look, even in his current state, | 即使以在他现在的状态 |
[16:22] | I believe the president would realize | 我相信总统会意识到 |
[16:23] | he couldn’t afford to lose all four of us, | 他不能失去我们四个 |
[16:26] | especially with news not breaking yet | 特别是现在戈登被解雇的消息 |
[16:27] | of Gordon’s firing. | 还没传出去 |
[16:28] | All of that coming out at once | 所有这些一旦被报道出来 |
[16:30] | would create a political firestorm, | 就会引发一场政治风暴 |
[16:33] | could lead to a constitutional crisis, God knows what. | 可能导致宪政危机 什么都有可能 |
[16:36] | Maybe I should just refuse the order outright, | 也许我应该直接拒绝执行命令 |
[16:37] | like Gordon. | 像戈登那样 |
[16:38] | And take our chances on Sorenson? | 把宝押在索伦森身上吗 |
[16:40] | You took your chances on me. | 你就把宝押在我身上了 |
[16:41] | I tried to shock POTUS into changing his mind. | 我试图让总统改变主意 |
[16:43] | Now we’re in a different situation. | 现在我们处在不同的情况 |
[16:44] | I see. So, you’re honorable and I’m the traitor? | 我明白了 那你是可敬的 我是叛徒 |
[16:47] | Oh, please. Come on. | 别这样 |
[16:49] | Look, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[16:50] | I just… I-I never considered | 我只是… 我从未想过 |
[16:52] | shirking an order from the president before. | 逃避总统的命令 |
[16:54] | You know, I already have stomach issues. | 你知道 我已经有胃病了 |
[16:57] | I know it’s a lot to ask, Bob, | 我知道这很难办 鲍勃 |
[16:59] | but what’s the alternative? | 但还有什么选择 |
[17:01] | To follow orders. | 执行总统的命令 |
[17:03] | You know, maybe POTUS is right. | 也许总统是对的 |
[17:04] | Maybe we need to push back on Salnikov. | 也许我们需要反击萨尔尼科夫 |
[17:06] | You really want to risk striking a country | 你真想冒险袭击一个拥有1500枚一触即发的 |
[17:08] | with 1,500 nuclear-armed ICBMs | 洲际核武器弹道导弹的 |
[17:11] | on a hair-trigger? | 国家吗 |
[17:12] | Do you really want to risk a constitutional crisis? | 你真的想冒宪政危机的风险吗 |
[17:14] | Look, there is a reason the chain of command | 这条命令链从平民开始 |
[17:19] | begins with civilians. | 是有原因的 |
[17:20] | And it follows the Constitution’s empowerment | 它赋权于平民 |
[17:24] | of civilians over the military | 先于军人 |
[17:26] | because we exercise judgment before just following orders. | 因为我们在服从命令之前要先进行判断 |
[17:31] | I’ve read the Constitution, Madam Secretary. | 我读过宪法 国务卿女士 |
[17:33] | And it doesn’t spell out any of that, | 里面并没说你说的这些话 |
[17:35] | but it does say that the president | 但上面确实说了 |
[17:36] | is the commander in chief. | 总统是总司令 |
[17:37] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[17:39] | How long do we have | 导弹准备好发射之前 |
[17:42] | until our missiles are ready to be fired? | 我们有多长时间 |
[17:44] | Our sea-based interceptors | 我们的海上拦截器 |
[17:45] | have to move to AOR for launch, | 必须搬到责任区进行发射 |
[17:47] | and that’ll take at least another 15 hours. | 这至少需要15个小时 |
[17:49] | Then STRATCOM has to calibrate targeting. | 然后 战略司令部必须对目标进行校准 |
[17:52] | – We have 24 hours. – Good. | -我们有24小时 -很好 |
[17:54] | Maybe by then we’ll have something | 也许到那时我们就会有证据 |
[17:55] | that’ll make POTUS reconsider. | 让美国总统重新考虑命令了 |
[17:57] | If not, | 如果没有呢 |
[17:58] | I mean, is there any way to slow-play the order? | 有什么方法可以延缓执行命令吗 |
[18:02] | Hold it up somehow? | 能不能想办法拖一拖 |
[18:03] | You could jam up STRATCOM. | 你可以从战略司令部下手 |
[18:05] | Order a review of the launch trajectory. | 命令他们检查发射轨道 |
[18:07] | This is a coup. | 这是政变 |
[18:09] | What we’re talking about is a coup. | 我们策划的是一场政变 |
[18:10] | I realize we’re painting outside the lines here, | 我明白我们的做法有些非常规 |
[18:14] | but the framers never contemplated | 但制宪者从来没有考虑过 |
[18:16] | that an elected president wouldn’t be reasonable. | 当选的总统是不合适的 |
[18:19] | We’re doing the best we can. | 我们正在尽最大努力 |
[18:20] | What about the 25th Amendment? | 那第25号修正案呢 |
[18:21] | – We’re not there yet. – Well, what are we waiting for? | -我们还没到那一步 -我们还在等什么 |
[18:23] | – The clock to run out. – And then what? | -就快没时间了 -然后呢 |
[18:25] | Then we’ll do what we have to. | 那我们就别无选择了 |
[18:27] | All right? Just… | 好吗 我们… |
[18:30] | let’s just see what the next day brings. | 让我们看看第二天会怎么样吧 |
[18:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:35] | But I’m not making any promises. | 但我不保证任何事 |
[18:42] | Gross. | 好恶心 |
[18:44] | How is Operation Dig Through going? | 寻宝行动进行的如何 |
[18:47] | Oh, you know, it’s your basic, weird, | 这就是普通的 奇怪的 |
[18:50] | soggy journey through the past. | 穿越过去的沉闷旅程 |
[18:52] | Oh, did anything survive? | 有什么东西幸存下来了吗 |
[18:54] | Uh, yeah. It’s mostly junk, though. | 有 不过主要是垃圾 |
[18:56] | It’s baby stuff that Mom was saving. | 这是妈妈留下的咱们的婴儿物品 |
[18:58] | It’s not junk to her. | 对她来说 这不是垃圾 |
[18:59] | Sentimentality is the superstructure | 多愁善感是建立 |
[19:01] | erected upon brutality. | 在残暴之上的 |
[19:03] | Way to plagiarize Jung. | 你剽窃荣格 |
[19:04] | Uh, it’s still true. | 反正我说的没错 |
[19:09] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[19:11] | Looks like your formative years took a hit. | 看来你的成长记录受到了不小的损坏 |
[19:13] | Oh, no. Oh, my God. | 不 天啊 |
[19:16] | Oh, you can kind of make out some of the stuff. | 还有没被毁掉的地方 |
[19:18] | Here, let’s see. | 这里 我们来看看 |
[19:19] | “Stevie spits up”” | “斯蒂芬吐了” |
[19:21] | No. “Sits up”” Sits up. | 不 “坐” “坐起身来” |
[19:24] | “Stevie..”” | “斯蒂芬” |
[19:26] | What is that? Uh… “Sees herself in mirror.” | 那是什么 “照镜子” |
[19:28] | And never stops. | 然后再也没停下来 |
[19:31] | My book is pretty messed up, too. | 我的记录也很糟糕 |
[19:32] | And, wow, there’s a lot of blank pages. | 哇 有很多空白页 |
[19:36] | And after my first step there’s nothing until preschool. | 在我学会走路之后 就什么都没有了 直到幼儿园 |
[19:40] | Jason’s looks in pretty good condition. | 杰森的状态很好 |
[19:44] | Yeah, because it was never taken out of its shrink-wrap. | 是的 因为它从来没有从包装里取出 |
[19:47] | That can’t be true. | 这不可能 |
[20:01] | Great. Great. I’ll just… | 太好了 太好了 我… |
[20:04] | let the documented ones finish up here. | 我就让有记录的人在这里继续收拾吧 |
[20:08] | What, so now sentimentality is okay? | 现在可以多愁善感了吗 |
[20:09] | No. | 不 |
[20:10] | That’s not nostalgia, that’s history. | 那不是怀旧 那是历史 |
[20:12] | And apparently mine isn’t important. | 显然我历史的不重要 |
[20:14] | Jace. | 杰斯 |
[20:19] | Thank you, Mrs. Dalton. | 道尔顿太太 谢谢你 |
[20:26] | Elizabeth, what a nice surprise. | 伊丽莎白 见到你真是个惊喜 |
[20:29] | – I didn’t see your name on the guest list. – It isn’t. | -我没有在客人名单上看到你的名字 -本来就不在名单上 |
[20:31] | I’m not allowed to participate in political fund-raisers, | 我不能参加政治募捐 |
[20:33] | even though I’m a fan of Senator Giminski. | 尽管我是吉敏斯基参议员的粉丝 |
[20:36] | No, I just am shamelessly crashing | 不 我只是不打招呼就冒昧造访 |
[20:38] | to get a moment with you. | 想和你谈谈 |
[20:40] | You know this is putting me in an awkward position. | 你知道这让我很尴尬 |
[20:42] | You know I wouldn’t if it weren’t extremely important. | 如果不是特别重要的话 我不会这样做的 |
[20:48] | So, you want to know what’s going on with Conrad | 所以 你想知道康拉德的情况 |
[20:50] | because he’s finally reached his limit with an adversary | 因为他终于和对手达到了极限 |
[20:52] | who has behaved consistently abominably | 而他们的行为在他的任期内 |
[20:55] | under his administration. | 一贯令人憎恶 |
[20:56] | Conrad’s behavior is out of character. | 康拉德的行为太出格了 |
[20:59] | It is extreme. | 太极端了 |
[21:02] | You know him almost as well as I do. | 你和我一样了解他 |
[21:04] | It takes a lot to get him angry, | 让他生气很难 |
[21:06] | but once he gets there… | 但是一旦他生气起来 |
[21:09] | everyone needs to take a step back. | 每个人都需要退后一步 |
[21:10] | Lydia, Russia isn’t going to take a step back. | 莉迪亚 俄罗斯不会后退一步的 |
[21:15] | And the Conrad I’ve known | 我认识超过二十年 |
[21:16] | for over two decades | 的康拉德 |
[21:18] | would be well aware of that. | 应该很清楚这一点 |
[21:21] | – You need to talk to him. – I’ve tried. | -你得跟他谈谈 -我试过了 |
[21:23] | That’s why I’m here. | 这就是我在这里的原因 |
[21:27] | I need to know if you’re aware of any changes in his health. | 我想知道你是否知道他健康状况的变化 |
[21:30] | He has a physical quarterly. | 他每季度都有一次体检 |
[21:32] | There’s never anything wrong. | 从来没有任何问题 |
[21:35] | I think your worrying | 我认为你的担心 |
[21:36] | is out of proportion. | 是多余的 |
[21:38] | At the risk of breaching protocol, | 冒着违规的风险 |
[21:39] | I am gonna tell you something. | 我要告诉你一些事 |
[21:43] | Conrad has ordered a missile strike | 康拉德已经下令对俄罗斯的 |
[21:45] | against Russia’s satellite system. | 卫星系统进行导弹袭击 |
[21:47] | It could easily lead to war. | 这很容易导致战争 |
[21:50] | Every member of the NSC | 国安会的每个成员 |
[21:53] | has advised against it. | 都反对这一命令 |
[21:55] | Gordon Becker was so opposed, | 戈登·贝克尔反对地非常激烈 |
[21:57] | he refused a direct order. | 他拒绝了直接命令 |
[21:59] | So Conrad fired him, and he wants to do it anyway. | 所以康拉德炒了他 而且是故意的 |
[22:04] | You tell me, | 你告诉我 |
[22:07] | does that sound like the man we know? | 这听起来像我们认识的那个人吗 |
[22:16] | Should I even ask how your day was? | 我还用问问你今天过得怎么样吗 |
[22:17] | Well… | 目前 |
[22:19] | the Constitution is still intact for now. | 宪法仍然完好无损 |
[22:26] | You? | 你呢 |
[22:27] | Oh, I was hoping these FBI analysts | 我希望这些联邦调查局的分析员 |
[22:29] | could make some progress overnight, | 可以在一夜之间取得一些进展 |
[22:30] | so we could get some answers about what happened in Sofia. | 所以我们可以对索菲亚事件有一些答案 |
[22:33] | Maybe even something that’ll help talk Conrad off the ledge. | 也许甚至是能让康拉德摆脱困境的东西 |
[22:37] | He hasn’t backed off this satellite strike? | 他还没有放弃这次卫星袭击吗 |
[22:40] | I don’t know how long we can keep the acting SecDef in line. | 我不知道我们能让代理国防部长坚持多久 |
[22:44] | And I don’t blame him for wavering. | 我也不怪他犹豫不决 |
[22:46] | We’re asking him to do something unprecedented. | 我们要求他做一些史无前例的事情 |
[22:49] | Well, at the end of the day, I guess the best we can hope for | 好吧 最终我想我们能想到最好的结局 |
[22:51] | is that he follows his conscience. | 是他遵照自己的良心 |
[22:55] | Even if his conscience | 即使他的良心 |
[22:56] | is telling him to defy a direct order from POTUS? | 告诉他要藐视总统的命令吗 |
[23:01] | I think reptile brain wins that one. | 我认为还是昧着良心比较容易 |
[23:04] | We have the best system of government | 我们有有史以来最好的 |
[23:06] | the world has ever seen, | 政府体制 |
[23:09] | but it’s only as good as the people in charge. | 但这取决于政府的领导 |
[23:14] | Gosh, that’s reassuring. | 天哪 这话真让人安心 |
[23:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:18] | I’m no Earl. | 我不是厄尔 |
[23:22] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 总统先生 |
[23:24] | Morning, Mr. President, Russell. | 早上好 总统先生 拉塞尔 |
[23:25] | Let’s hear it. What did you find? | 说吧 你们发现了什么 |
[23:27] | The FBI lab has determined that the sonic event | 联邦调查局实验室已经确定了索菲亚大使馆 |
[23:30] | at our embassy in Sofia was not an attack. | 的声波事件并不是袭击 |
[23:33] | Then what the hell was it? | 那到底是什么 |
[23:35] | There’s high confidence that the sound was caused | 这种声音的产生很有可能是由于 |
[23:37] | by a Russian listening device | 俄罗斯的一个针对大使馆的监听装置 |
[23:38] | pointed at the embassy that interacted | 和四楼的加密频率 |
[23:40] | with the fourth floor’s encryption frequency. | 引起共振导致的 |
[23:42] | So their frequencies crossed? Basically. | 所以他们的频率交叉了 差不多 |
[23:45] | Creating a beating effect. | 增加了频率的强度 |
[23:48] | So how does that account for our people’s injuries? | 那么 我们的人怎么会受伤呢 |
[23:49] | Well, the noise would produce | 好吧 噪音会产生 |
[23:51] | headaches and temporary hearing loss. | 头痛和暂时性听力丧失 |
[23:54] | The bottom line is, | 但重要的是 |
[23:55] | there was no attack, | 没有发生攻击 |
[23:56] | just a thwarted spying effort. | 只是一次失败的间谍活动 |
[23:58] | So we’re supposed to believe it’s just a coincidence | 所以我们应该相信这只是巧合 |
[24:00] | that when the Russians spied on us, suddenly, | 当俄国人监视我们的时候 |
[24:02] | our FSOs became ill? | 我们的外交官们就恰好生病了吗 |
[24:03] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[24:05] | All our top FBI sound engineers concur. | 我们所有的FBI高级工程师都同意 |
[24:09] | There was no Russian attack. | 俄罗斯没有袭击我们 |
[24:11] | I heard you the first time. | 不用重复了 |
[24:14] | Thank you, Henry. Ephraim. | 谢谢你 亨利 埃弗兰 |
[24:16] | Yes, sir. | 好的 总统先生 |
[24:18] | You bet, Mr. President. | 好的 总统先生 |
[24:23] | So that changes things. | 应该有所变化了 |
[24:24] | – Like what? – The satellite attack. | -比如什么 -卫星攻击 |
[24:26] | – It’s unwarranted now that we… – No. | -这样我们就没有理由发动攻击了 -不 |
[24:29] | We are not backing down now. | 我们现在不能退缩 |
[24:30] | It’s not backing down if Russia never attacked us | 如果俄罗斯从来没有攻击过我们 |
[24:33] | in the first place, sir. | 就不算退缩 |
[24:34] | So you’re okay with them spying on us? | 你能接受他们监视我们吗 |
[24:36] | I seem to remember you running | 我似乎记得你管理过 |
[24:38] | the biggest spy agency on Earth. | 地球上最大的间谍机构 |
[24:40] | No one ever declared war on us | 当我们被监听对象发现时 |
[24:43] | when they found out we were listening in. | 也没有谁没向我们宣战 |
[24:45] | Because they knew what the consequences would be. | 因为他们知道后果是什么 |
[24:47] | Sir, I think the secretary | 总统先生 我想国务卿只是想说 |
[24:49] | is just pointing out that given what we now know… | 鉴于我们现在掌握的信息… |
[24:52] | I know exactly what she’s doing, Russell. | 我很明白她在做什么 拉塞尔 |
[24:54] | And you, too. And I’m sick of it. | 你也是 烦死我了 |
[24:56] | I’m the damn president! | 我才是总统 |
[24:58] | And my authority will not be questioned, | 我的权威不能受到质疑 |
[25:00] | do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[25:04] | Conrad, can you hear yourself? | 康拉德 你知道自己在说什么吗 |
[25:06] | What’s next, Russell? | 接下来有什么安排 拉塞尔 |
[25:10] | Meeting with the House Ways and Means Committee | 在罗斯福厅与众议院 |
[25:14] | in the Roosevelt Room. | 筹款委员会会面 |
[25:16] | Mr. President, you’re not well. | 总统先生 您生病了 |
[25:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:24] | And what exactly do you think is wrong with me? | 你觉得我生了什么病 |
[25:28] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[25:30] | but you need to be examined by a doctor to find out. | 但您得让医生检查一下 |
[25:33] | You’ve been talking to Lydia, haven’t you? | 你找过莉迪亚了 对吗 |
[25:35] | Yes. I’m concerned about you. | 是的 我很担心您的情况 |
[25:38] | We all are, sir. | 我们都很担心 |
[25:41] | I am trying to show | 我正在努力向 |
[25:42] | Salnikov and Russia that I will not be trifled with. | 萨尔尼科夫和俄罗斯证明 他们不能轻视我 |
[25:47] | That when I make a threat, I carry through on it. | 我一旦做出威胁 就会坚持到底 |
[25:49] | And I don’t give a crap if you or anyone agrees | 我不在乎任何人的想法 |
[25:52] | because I am the most powerful man on Earth, | 因为我是地球上最强大的人 |
[25:54] | and no one is going to stop me! | 没有人能阻止我 |
[26:07] | 美国海军天文台 副总统宅邸 | |
[26:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:20] | We all know why we’re here. | 我们都知道这次会面的原因 |
[26:23] | Conrad Dalton… | 康拉德·道尔顿… |
[26:27] | is the finest public servant I’ve ever known. | 是我认识的最好的公务员 |
[26:31] | He’s thoughtful, compassionate, courageous, | 他深思熟虑 富有同情心 勇敢 |
[26:34] | the best damn listener in a town full of people | 在这个自以为是的城市里 |
[26:37] | who love to hear themselves talk. | 他是最善于倾听的人 |
[26:39] | In short, he’s a good man | 简而言之 他是个好人 |
[26:41] | and a patriot. | 一个爱国者 |
[26:43] | And I, like many of you in this room, owe my career to him. | 我 和在座的很多人一样 都感谢他的提携 |
[26:48] | But the man who publicly threatened to unleash | 但这个人 和那个公开威胁要释放 |
[26:51] | the overwhelming force of America’s military might, | 美国压倒性的军事力量的人 |
[26:54] | and stands by his order to strike Russia’s satellites, | 那个尽管有确凿的证据显示 |
[26:58] | despite conclusive evidence | 俄国人并没有攻击我们 |
[27:00] | that the Russians did not attack us, | 还要坚持攻击俄罗斯卫星的人 |
[27:04] | is not the same man. | 不是同一个人 |
[27:06] | Something’s wrong. | 一定出了什么问题 |
[27:08] | Without a diagnosis, we don’t know what. | 但没有医生的诊断 我们不知道问题是什么 |
[27:12] | But I think the Conrad Dalton we all know | 但我想我们都认识的康拉德·道尔顿 |
[27:16] | would want us to stop him. | 会希望我们阻止他 |
[27:19] | I’ve talked to White House Counsel | 我已经同白宫顾问 |
[27:21] | and the attorney general, | 和司法部长谈过了 |
[27:22] | and though there is a “Fog of law” | 尽管第25条修正案的第4条 |
[27:24] | surrounding Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, | 在法律上有些模糊 |
[27:27] | because it’s never been invoked, they assured me | 因为它从来没有被启用过 但他们向我保证 |
[27:32] | that if the heads of the executive departments | 如果各大行政部门的领导们 |
[27:35] | plus the vice president | 以及副总统 |
[27:36] | vote by simple majority, | 进行简单的多数投票 |
[27:39] | the president will be removed from office, | 就可以将总统停职 |
[27:42] | and Vice President Hurst | 副总统赫斯特 |
[27:44] | will become the acting president. | 将成为代理总统 |
[27:47] | Acting secretaries can’t vote, so that eliminates Bob here. | 代理部长不能投票 所以鲍勃不算 |
[27:51] | Leaving 15 of you, | 这样你们一共十五票 |
[27:56] | including the VP. | 包括副总统 |
[27:57] | If ever there were a time to set aside politics | 如果有什么机会让我们抛开政治 |
[28:02] | and do what’s best for the country, | 全心为国家着想 |
[28:06] | this is it. | 那就是现在了 |
[28:10] | Russell has asked me to provide some context for this. | 拉塞尔让我提供一些背景资料 |
[28:14] | Um, in two hours, | 在两个小时后 |
[28:15] | President Dalton will enter the Situation Room, | 道尔顿总统将进入战情室 |
[28:18] | and I will execute his order. | 我会执行他的命令 |
[28:21] | Nine minutes later, | 九分钟后 |
[28:22] | all five Russian Oko satellites will be destroyed. | 所有五颗俄罗斯OKO卫星都将被摧毁 |
[28:26] | And we will be on a war footing. | 我们将处于战争状态 |
[28:29] | Unless you alter history here tonight. | 除非你们今晚改变历史 |
[28:32] | On that cheerful note, | 听完这好消息之后 |
[28:35] | we’ll leave you to it. | 你们商量吧 |
[28:41] | There is no playbook for this. | 这件事情没有规定流程 |
[28:44] | And clearly, time is of the essence. | 而且显然 时间是至关重要的 |
[28:45] | So do you want to talk or just vote? | 大家是想谈谈还是直接投票 |
[28:48] | Well, as attorney general, | 作为司法部长 |
[28:49] | I would just like to say that, | 我想说的是 |
[28:50] | although I concur with Russell’s explanation of the law, | 虽然我同意拉塞尔对法律的解释 |
[28:54] | I just don’t think we’ve hit the Section 4 threshold yet. | 我只是觉得还没有到采用修正案第四条的地步 |
[28:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[28:58] | A reckless strike | 不计后果地攻击 |
[28:59] | against our greatest nuclear adversary | 我们最大的核对手 |
[29:02] | doesn’t do it for you, Hank? | 这对你来说不够严重吗 汉克 |
[29:03] | Due respect, Madam Vice President, | 恕我直言 副总统女士 |
[29:05] | but perhaps it’s indiscreet for you to weigh in | 但是 也许你该权衡一下这样做的后果 |
[29:07] | given you’re the one with an enormous vested interest | 鉴于这样做会给你带来 |
[29:10] | in the outcome. | 巨大的既得利益 |
[29:11] | My interest is only what is best for the country. | 我只关心国家的利益 |
[29:15] | But fair enough. | 但你说得有道理 |
[29:16] | Speaking of fairness, I mean, who are we | 说到公平 我们怎么有权 |
[29:18] | to question the president’s judgment? | 质疑总统的判断 |
[29:20] | Some banana republic? I mean, hell, | 我们的政府又不像拉美国家那样软弱无能 |
[29:23] | maybe it is just the right time to hit the Russians. | 也许现在正是打击俄罗斯的最佳时机 |
[29:26] | I support the strike and our duly elected president. | 我支持攻击 支持和我们的民选总统 |
[29:29] | But even if the Russians are cowed, | 但即使俄罗斯罪有应得 |
[29:32] | the president is still a wild card. | 总统仍然是一个未知数 |
[29:34] | And we will end up going | 我们会从一个危机 |
[29:36] | from crisis to crisis, | 走向另一个危机 |
[29:39] | and eventually there’ll be disaster. | 灾难早晚会发生 |
[29:46] | It’s too dangerous. | 这太危险了 |
[29:47] | To my mind, it’s more dangerous | 在我看来 根据国务卿和幕僚长 |
[29:49] | to support what amounts to a bloodless coup | 的医学诊断 |
[29:52] | based on a medical diagnosis | 而支持一场 |
[29:53] | by the secretary of state and chief of staff. | 不流血的政变才更危险 |
[29:55] | The commander in chief should only be removed from office | 总统只能在极端特殊的情况下 |
[29:58] | under extraordinary circumstances. | 才能被停职 |
[30:00] | And even if you and Russell are right, | 即使你和拉塞尔是对的 |
[30:02] | don’t we owe it to Conrad to protect him and his reputation? | 难道我们不应该保护康拉德和他的名誉吗 |
[30:06] | Other administrations had shielded | 在过去 其他政府 |
[30:07] | their presidents in the past. | 也曾保护过他们的总统 |
[30:09] | Maybe it’s our turn to step up. | 也许我们也该这样做 |
[30:11] | Do our jobs while limiting his public appearances. | 尽职工作 同时减少他的公开露面 |
[30:14] | I want to protect him, too. | 我也想保护他 |
[30:17] | But a shadow government of unelected | 但是由非选举产生的内阁成员 |
[30:19] | cabinet members running the show | 组成的影子政府来操纵局势 |
[30:22] | while keeping the president under wraps | 同时隐藏总统 |
[30:24] | is no way to govern a democracy. | 无法治理一个民主国家 |
[30:28] | We all pledged an oath to the Constitution, | 我们都向宪法宣誓过 |
[30:33] | not to the president. | 而不是向总统 |
[30:40] | Hey, pal. | 伙计 |
[30:42] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能谈谈吗 |
[30:47] | Maybe even look at each other? | 看看我好吗 |
[30:48] | I don’t need to see you to hear you. | 我不需要看你就能听到你说话 |
[30:50] | Especially if this is some lame apology about the baby book. | 特别是如果你要为那本婴儿记录道歉 |
[30:52] | I’m sure my poop wasn’t special. | 我肯定我的便便并不特别 |
[30:54] | Well, that’s where you’re wrong. | 这你可说错了 |
[31:00] | Look, it’s a thing, okay? | 听着 是这样的 |
[31:02] | The more kids you have, the less time you have to record | 你的孩子越多 你用于记录他们的时间 |
[31:04] | their every move. | 就越少 |
[31:06] | A-And on top of that, you were a 9/11 baby. | 最重要的是 你是在911前后出生的 |
[31:09] | The world was crazy for quite a while after that, | 在那之后的一段时间里 整个世界都疯了 |
[31:12] | especially for Mom. | 尤其是妈妈 |
[31:14] | It doesn’t mean we were any less | 这并不意味着我们不在乎 |
[31:17] | delighted to witness your milestones. | 你成长的脚步 |
[31:21] | You were such a funny kid. | 你小时候真是个有趣的孩子 |
[31:24] | Oh, my God, you were babbling all the time about something. | 你小时候嘴里一直不停地念叨着什么 |
[31:26] | You were a champion crawler, | 爬得特别快 |
[31:28] | had a huge appetite. | 吃得特别多 |
[31:31] | You were the best thing about that time. | 你是那段时间发生的最美好的事情 |
[31:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:38] | I’ll just let my kids know that that’s why | 我会告诉我的孩子 这就是为什么 |
[31:40] | I-I… don’t know what my first word was | 我不知道我说的第一个词是什么 |
[31:41] | or when I walked. | 也不知道我什么时候学会走路 |
[31:43] | It’s because I was a 9/11 baby. | 都是因为我是出生在911前后 |
[31:48] | If we do this, history will look at us as traitors. | 如果我们这样做 历史将把我们视为叛徒 |
[31:51] | History will judge us no matter what we do, Tom. | 不管我们做什么 历史都会评判 汤姆 |
[31:54] | Fine. | 很好 |
[31:55] | But there have to be other ways to constrain Dalton. | 但肯定有其他方法来约束道尔顿 |
[31:58] | Not in the Constitution. | 反正宪法里没有 |
[32:00] | The Constitution only allows | 宪法只允许 |
[32:02] | for the 25th Amendment or impeachment. | 第25次修正案或弹劾 |
[32:05] | And that missile strike will happen in less than an hour, | 导弹袭击将在不到一个小时后开始 |
[32:07] | so impeachment isn’t gonna cut it tonight. | 因此 弹劾也取消不了这次行动 |
[32:10] | Look, I-I think if we’ve all said our piece, we should vote. | 如果我们想说的都说了 我们应该开始投票 |
[32:14] | Okay, I’ll keep the tally. | 好吧 我来计票 |
[32:18] | Simple voice vote– | 简单的口头表决 |
[32:19] | yes to invoke Section 4 | 投”是”表示同意调用修正案第四条 |
[32:22] | and remove the president, | 并将总统停职 |
[32:23] | effective immediately; | 立即生效 |
[32:25] | no to reject it. | 投”否”表示反对 |
[32:28] | I vote no. | 我投反对票 |
[32:45] | It’s done. | 办成了 |
[32:57] | I’m thinking of keeping Bob on at Defense. | 我在考虑让鲍勃担任国防部长 |
[33:00] | – What do you think? – He’s a good man. | -你觉得呢 -他是个好人 |
[33:03] | Is he? I hadn’t noticed. Takes orders. | 是吗 我没有注意到 他执行我的命令 |
[33:06] | Pretty much my new number one requirement post-Gordon. | 经历了戈登的事后 这是我最重要的条件了 |
[33:10] | Speaking of… | 说到这里 |
[33:12] | Time for some fireworks. | 该放烟花了 |
[33:19] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[33:21] | Where is everyone? | 大家都在哪里 |
[33:23] | Lydia? | 莉迪亚 |
[33:25] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[33:26] | It’s an intervention, Conrad. | 我们在出手干预 康拉德 |
[33:29] | What? | 什么 |
[33:30] | No. | 不 |
[33:32] | Where’s my national security team? | 我的国家安全团队呢 |
[33:34] | Where are my generals, my admirals? | 我的将军们 我的上将们呢 |
[33:35] | Get them the hell in here, now! | 快叫他们来 |
[33:37] | There’s not gonna be an attack | 对俄罗斯卫星的攻击 |
[33:38] | on the Russian satellites tonight, sir. | 今晚不会执行 总统先生 |
[33:39] | Of course there is– now, call STRATCOM, | 当然 快叫战略指挥部来 |
[33:41] | – call CNO! – Sir, the cabinet… | -叫海军作战部长来 -总统先生 内阁 |
[33:43] | Oh, for God’s sake, I’ll do it myself. | 看在上帝的份上 我自己叫他们 |
[33:44] | They won’t take your order. | 他们不会听从你的命令了 |
[33:48] | The cabinet voted tonight to invoke Section 4 | 内阁今晚投票通过了第25修正案 |
[33:50] | – of the 25th Amendment. – What? | -的第四条 -什么 |
[33:54] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[33:55] | I’m sorry… | 我很抱歉 |
[33:56] | sir, but you have been removed from office. | 先生 你已经被停职了 |
[34:01] | Teresa Hurst is now the acting president. | 特蕾莎·赫斯特现在是代理总统 |
[34:07] | No. | 不 |
[34:08] | Why the hell would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
[34:10] | ‘Cause of Gordon? They want revenge? | 因为戈登吗 他们想要报复吗 |
[34:13] | Because they’re afraid to stand up to Russia? | 因为他们害怕对抗俄罗斯吗 |
[34:15] | – I’ll fight this. – You’re not well, Conrad. | -我不会接受的 -你病了 康拉德 |
[34:20] | You need help, sweetheart. | 亲爱的 你需要帮助 |
[34:21] | No, Lydia, not you, too. You’re too smart. | 不 莉迪亚 你怎么会相信他们的鬼话 |
[34:23] | You know me too well. | 你太了解我了 |
[34:25] | You know that this is all just politics | 你知道这都是政治 |
[34:27] | – and backstabbing… – I love you. | -和勾心斗角… -我爱你 |
[34:29] | – We all do. – No, it’s a coup. | -我们都爱你 -不 这是一场政变 |
[34:31] | It’s a goddamn coup. Can’t you see? | 这是一个该死的政变 你看不出来吗 |
[34:32] | It’s the damn appeasers, the peaceniks, | 是那些该死的绥靖分子 反战分子 |
[34:34] | afraid of standing up to Russia! | 害怕面对俄罗斯 |
[34:36] | They want to drive me out to avoid a fight. | 他们想把我赶出去 以避免战争 |
[34:38] | But we can’t back down– we got to be tough. | 但我们不能退缩 我们必须坚强 |
[34:40] | We can’t let ’em get away with it, | 我们不能放过他们 |
[34:42] | or Russia will be storming our shores! | 否则 俄罗斯将冲击我们的海岸线 |
[34:44] | Can’t you see that? | 你看不出来吗 |
[34:48] | I’ll fight this. | 我不接受 |
[34:50] | I’ll fight it in Congress. | 我要在国会争取复职 |
[34:52] | You think I don’t know how this works? | 你以为我不知道这是怎么回事吗 |
[34:53] | Sir, a letter has been drafted | 先生 我们已经起草了一封信 |
[34:55] | to send to the Senate Pro Tem and the Speaker of the House. | 准备发给向参议院议员和众议院议长 |
[34:59] | Once they receive it, | 一旦他们收到这封信 |
[35:00] | the American people will know that the cabinet has lost faith | 美国人民将知道 内阁已经对您的管理能力 |
[35:03] | in your ability to govern. | 失去了信心 |
[35:05] | There’ll be great pressure on Congress to make it official | 国会将面临巨大的压力通过 |
[35:08] | by two-thirds vote, | 三分之二投票 |
[35:09] | which I’m confident they will. | 我确信他们会通过的 |
[35:12] | Because you’ve given the enemies in our party | 因为你给了我们党内的敌人 |
[35:14] | the ammo they need to finally get rid of me. | 一个摆脱掉我的好机会 |
[35:17] | You handed it to them on a damn platter. | 你把这个机会双手呈给他们 |
[35:19] | There’s another option, Conrad. | 还有一个选择 康拉德 |
[35:22] | Invoke Section 3, which is temporary, | 调用修正案第三条 这是一条短时条款 |
[35:25] | and we won’t send the letter to Congress. | 我们不会把这封信寄给国会 |
[35:28] | All you have to do is submit to a full examination | 你所要做的就是接受全面检查 |
[35:31] | and treatment if… appropriate. | 和… 相应的治疗 |
[35:34] | And once it’s determined that you’re better, | 一旦确定了你的病情好转 |
[35:37] | you can be reinstated. | 你可以恢复原职 |
[35:39] | Agree… | 你同意这样做 |
[35:40] | and we don’t send the letter. | 我们就不寄这封信 |
[35:46] | Otherwise, Congress votes on Section 4 tomorrow. | 否则 国会将在明天投票 |
[35:56] | I made you. | 是我成就了你 |
[35:59] | And this is the thanks I get? | 你就这样感谢我吗 |
[36:04] | I plucked you off a goddamn farm, Bess. | 贝丝 我把你从一个农场里挖出来 |
[36:07] | Shoveling horse crap in pigtails. | 那时你正扎着小辫铲马粪 |
[36:11] | You did. | 没错 |
[36:14] | But now you need to trust us. | 但现在你需要相信我们 |
[36:16] | Agree to the exam, Connie. | 同意体检吧 康康 |
[36:20] | Please. | 拜托 |
[36:27] | I feel like it was almost 18 months. | 我感觉差不多是他18个月的时候 |
[36:30] | Right, ’cause his sisters | 对 因为他的姐姐们 |
[36:31] | never put him down long enough for him to learn to walk. | 永远不肯放他下地 让他学走路 |
[36:35] | – 14 months. – 14 months. | -14个月 -14个月 |
[36:36] | Yes, because I remember the doctor said | 是的 因为我记得医生说过 |
[36:38] | let’s give it to 15, and then we’ll take a look after that. | 等到十五个月吧 到时候再看 |
[36:41] | Then he went right from walking to running, just… | 然后他刚学会走路就开始跑步 |
[36:45] | His teeth were late, too. | 他的牙齿长得也晚 |
[36:46] | Yeah, I remember you wanted to get him x-rayed. | 我记得你想给他拍X光片 |
[36:49] | ‘Cause he was gonna be at preschool gumming his food. | 因为他快上幼儿园了都没长牙 |
[36:52] | That was 14 months, too. | 那也是第14个月 |
[36:53] | Everything, like, just happened all at the same time. | 所有的事情都好像是在同一时间发生的 |
[36:55] | Except the talking. | 除了说话 |
[36:56] | – Well… – That happened at six months. | -是的 -六个月就开始说话了 |
[36:58] | Yeah. His first word was “No.” | 是的 他说的第一个字是“不” |
[37:01] | Oh, of course it was. | 当然是 |
[37:02] | Why are you guys doing this? | 你们为什么要这么做 |
[37:05] | You let the thing sit in plastic for 16 years– | 你们让这个东西在塑料袋里放了16年 |
[37:07] | why is it suddenly important? | 为什么突然变得重要了 |
[37:10] | Because we almost lost it. | 因为我们差点把它弄丢了 |
[37:14] | – And it feels like a good time to rebuild. – No. | -这是个重建回忆的好时机 -才不是 |
[37:16] | – Yes, yes, yes. – Don’t do… | -是的 是的 -别拽我 |
[37:19] | Rebuild? Really? | 重建回忆 真的吗 |
[37:20] | While our democracy’s falling apart? | 我们的民主正在分崩离析 |
[37:22] | Okay, it’s not. | 好吧 不对 |
[37:23] | – Don’t say that. – Stop. | -别这么说 -别闹了 |
[37:24] | – That scares me. – Yeah. | -我好害怕 -是的 |
[37:25] | – Our democracy is not falling apart. – Stop. | -我们的民主不要分崩离析 -别闹了 |
[37:30] | You know what? I know this one. | 你知道吗 我知道这个 |
[37:32] | Favorite toy– it was, uh… | 最喜欢的玩具 |
[37:34] | it was the weird monkey. | 是一只奇怪的猴子 |
[37:35] | – You know, the weird… – Devil monkey! | -奇怪的… -魔鬼猴子 |
[37:37] | Oh, devil monkey was scary! Because he… | 魔鬼猴子真吓人 因为他… |
[37:38] | Stop! | 别闹了 |
[37:41] | It’s a pretty good-sized meningioma. | 这是一个相当大的脑膜瘤 |
[37:43] | But very treatable. | 但完全可以治愈 |
[37:44] | Positioning makes it a snap to remove– which we’ll do | 它的位置很容易通过手术摘除 |
[37:48] | after a course of IV steroids calms down the swelling. | 我们将在用类固醇消肿之后进行手术 |
[37:51] | Is it malignant? | 是恶性的吗 |
[37:51] | 95% are not, so I wouldn’t worry. | 95%的可能性不是 所以我并不担心 |
[37:55] | He should make a full recovery. | 他应该可以完全康复 |
[37:57] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[37:57] | And this accounts for the personality change? | 这是他人格改变的原因吗 |
[38:00] | Oh, yeah. See? It’s pressing against the frontal lobe. | 是的 看到了吗 肿瘤在压迫额叶 |
[38:03] | I’m surprised he wasn’t running around the White House naked. | 我很惊讶 他居然没有围着白宫裸奔 |
[38:06] | I’m not kidding. | 我不是在开玩笑 |
[38:08] | These suckers grow symptomless for months | 这些肿瘤几个月都不会有任何症状 |
[38:10] | until they’re pushing against the brain, | 直到开始挤压大脑 |
[38:12] | sometimes altering behavior quite suddenly. | 有时会导致突然的行为改变 |
[38:15] | The frontal lobe is responsible for executive functions: | 额叶负责执行功能 |
[38:18] | judgment, decision-making, inhibition. | 判断 决策 抑制 |
[38:21] | So, when it’s stimulated, | 所以 当额叶受到刺激 |
[38:23] | significant personality change is common… | 显著的人格改变是常见的 |
[38:26] | along with excessive displays of emotion. | 伴随着过度的情绪表现 |
[38:29] | And removing the growth will reverse all of that? | 而摘除肿瘤将会逆转这一切吗 |
[38:32] | Yep. In fact, | 是的 事实上 |
[38:33] | the steroids I’m putting him on will rapidly reduce | 我给他注射的类固醇会迅速 |
[38:35] | the swelling and ease the pressure. | 减少肿胀并缓解大脑压力 |
[38:37] | He should improve dramatically, even pre-op. | 他甚至在手术前就会有显著的好转 |
[38:50] | Hey, you two. | 你们好 |
[38:51] | Hi, Lydia. We heard you were running a little low on flowers. | 莉迪亚 我们听说你的花不够了 |
[38:54] | So we brought some reinforcements. | 所以我们又带来了一些 |
[38:56] | – They’re beautiful. Thank you. – Conrad. | -好美 谢谢你 -康拉德 |
[38:57] | Bess. | 贝丝 |
[39:02] | – Henry. – Conrad. | -亨利 -康拉德 |
[39:04] | – Thank you for being here. – Are you kidding? | -谢谢你来看我 -你在开玩笑吧 |
[39:07] | Chance to see something as historic as this, | 有机会看到这样历史性的事情 |
[39:08] | you couldn’t keep me away with a stick. | 你用棍子都赶不走我 |
[39:11] | Listen, I have to apologize, Bess. | 我要向你道歉 贝丝 |
[39:13] | No, Conrad, you don’t. | 不 康拉德 不用 |
[39:15] | What I put you all through… | 我给你们带来的麻烦… |
[39:17] | I think you get a pass for all of it. | 我认为不是你的错 |
[39:19] | It wasn’t you, it was the meningioma. | 不是你 是脑膜瘤 |
[39:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:21] | I told you you looked “Fetching” | 我日本国宴竟然那晚跟你说 |
[39:23] | the night of the Japanese state dinner. | 你看起来很迷人 |
[39:25] | Well, she did. | 她是很迷人 |
[39:27] | It’s fine hearing it from you, Henry. | 听到你这么说我很高兴 亨利 |
[39:31] | Crazy thing is… | 问题是… |
[39:33] | I don’t think I ever felt freer | 我想我从来没有感到过那么自由 |
[39:35] | or more sure of myself. | 和自信 |
[39:38] | How scary is that? | 这有多可怕 |
[39:39] | I mean, real madman stuff. | 我是说 真正的疯子 |
[39:41] | No sense at all that I was out of my gourd. | 我根本没有意识到我已经不是自己了 |
[39:45] | Well, it was Russell that we were really worried about. | 我们真正担心的是拉塞尔 |
[39:48] | You could practically see the aneurysm. | 他的动脉瘤大得都快能看到了 |
[39:54] | I… | 我… |
[39:55] | really did almost start World War III | 真的差点因为一个误会 |
[39:59] | over a misunderstanding. | 就发动了第三次世界大战 |
[40:02] | Enough of the self-flagellation, | 别再自责了 |
[40:03] | – darling, it’s getting boring. – Yeah. | -亲爱的 越听越无聊了 -是呀 |
[40:05] | We need you to project confidence tonight. | 你今晚需要表现出信心 |
[40:08] | – Hello. Lydia. – Hi. | -你好 莉迪亚 你好 |
[40:10] | How are you feeling, Mr. President? | 总统先生 你感觉怎么样 |
[40:11] | Surprisingly well, thanks. | 出奇的好 谢谢 |
[40:13] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[40:15] | That has a nice ring to it. | 这个头衔很好听 |
[40:16] | But that’s Acting President. | 但我只是代理总统 |
[40:18] | I’m just minding the store. | 我只是看店的 |
[40:20] | Well, thanks for doing this, Teresa. | 谢谢你 特蕾莎 |
[40:22] | I think it’ll mean a lot to the country. | 我认为这对国家意义重大 |
[40:23] | – So do I, sir. – Well, it’s time. | -我也是 先生 -是时候了 |
[40:33] | You know, Bess, that was quite a thing you all did, | 贝丝 启用修正案第四条 |
[40:35] | invoking Section 4. | 真是个大胆的行动 |
[40:37] | – Took guts. – Well, it wasn’t fun. | -需要很大的勇气 -一点都不好玩 |
[40:41] | Should I ask how you voted? | 我能问你是投的什么票吗 |
[40:44] | The way you would have wanted me to, sir. | 是你希望的那种票 总统先生 |
[40:50] | I’ve since been given steroids to reduce the swelling | 后来我注射了类固醇来消肿 |
[40:53] | and will be operated on tomorrow to remove the tumor. | 并将于明天进行手术切除肿瘤 |
[40:57] | During my recovery, Acting President Teresa Hurst | 在我康复期间 代理总统特蕾莎·赫斯特 |
[41:00] | will continue to provide steady, experienced leadership, | 将继续提供坚定且熟练的领导 |
[41:04] | like she always has during her almost 30 years | 就像她在过去的30年里一样 |
[41:06] | of extraordinary public service. | 一如既往地为人民服务 |
[41:08] | She has my full faith and confidence. | 我全心全意地信任和相信她 |
[41:12] | When I have passed extensive medical tests | 根据第25修正案第三条 |
[41:14] | and the doctors say I’m 100% ready, | 当我通过了全面的医学检查 |
[41:17] | only then will I be reinstated | 医生说我完全准备好了 |
[41:20] | under Section 3 of the 25th Amendment. | 我才会恢复原职 |
[41:23] | Finally, I’d like to pay tribute | 最后 我要向 |
[41:26] | to the resiliency of our Constitution, | 我们宪法的稳定性致敬 |
[41:28] | a 230-year-old document that has endured the challenges | 一份230年前的文件 在国家的每个阶段 |
[41:32] | of every stage of our nation’s journey. | 都经受住了挑战 |
[41:35] | Our government is built on an ingenious foundation | 我们的政府是建立在一个开创性的 |
[41:38] | of principles and laws, | 原则和法律基础上的 |
[41:40] | and though the people within that system are fallible, | 虽然这个系统里的人会犯错 |
[41:44] | the system itself | 但系统本身 |
[41:45] | is devised to withstand anything, | 却能够抵抗任何挑战 |
[41:48] | even an unfit president. | 甚至是一个不称职的总统 |
[41:50] | 直播总统讲话 沃尔特·里德医疗中心 | |
[41:51] | The fact that the system worked as it should | 事实上 这个系统的正常运转 |
[41:53] | proves that our democracy | 证明了我们的民主 |
[41:56] | is as strong as ever. | 和以前一样强大 |
[41:58] | I thank the brave cabinet secretaries | 我感谢投票支持第25修正案的 |
[42:00] | who voted to invoke the 25th Amendment. | 那些勇敢的内阁部长们 |
[42:03] | They are all true American heroes and patriots. | 他们都是真正的美国英雄和爱国者 |
[42:07] | They put their country | 他们把他们的国家 |
[42:08] | ahead of their personal relationship with me. | 放在和我的私人关系之前 |
[42:12] | That’s what separates us from dictatorships | 这就是我们与独裁和寡头政治 |
[42:15] | and oligarchies. | 的区别 |
[42:17] | Without people of such courage, our democracy would be lost, | 没有这样的勇者 我们的民主将不复存在 |
[42:22] | and they will forever have my gratitude. | 我将永远感激他们 |
[42:25] | And because of them, | 因为他们 |
[42:27] | I have never felt more proud to be an American. | 我更加为作为一个美国人而自豪 |
[42:30] | And now Acting President Hurst would like to say a few words. | 现在 代理总统赫斯特想说几句话 |
[42:37] | Thank you, Mr. President. | 谢谢你 总统先生 |
[42:40] | Good evening, fellow Americans. | 晚上好 美国同胞们 |