时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Let me try it again. Ayu-bowan. | 我再试一次 哎呦波万 |
[00:05] | Good, but don’t forget the “u”? | 很好 但别忘了是”尤” |
[00:07] | Ay-u-bowan. | 阿尤波万 |
[00:08] | – Ayubowan. – I don’t… | -阿尤波万 -我不 |
[00:10] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[00:10] | Doesn’t the Sri Lankan president speak English? | 斯里兰卡总统不会说英语吗 |
[00:14] | Oy. | 哎唷 |
[00:14] | What? Am I being culturally insensitive again? | 怎么了 我又文化不敏感了吗 |
[00:16] | Because I screw up with Piper, like, ten times a day. | 因为我每天都会惹到派珀 大概十次吧 |
[00:18] | As a matter of fact, | 实际上 |
[00:19] | President Nandasiri does speak English. | 那达斯里总统的确说英语 |
[00:22] | But it’s traditional for foreign dignitaries | 但习惯上都会用本土语言 |
[00:24] | to be greeted in their native tongue. | 来欢迎外国高官 |
[00:25] | And in Sri Lanka, the primary language is? | 而在斯里兰卡 主流语言是 |
[00:31] | Sinhala. Okay. | 僧伽罗语 好吧 |
[00:33] | I’ve actually been practicing, too, just in case. | 实际上我也在练习 以防万一 |
[00:36] | Singhala Danna naa. | 新哈拉 丹拿 那 |
[00:39] | Which means? | 的意思是 |
[00:40] | I Don’t speak Sinhala? | 我不会僧伽罗语 |
[00:41] | Mom, I’m actually very surprised | 妈妈 实际上我非常惊讶 |
[00:43] | that you’re not delaying this trip until Dalton is reinstated. | 你不等到道尔顿恢复职务后再出行 |
[00:46] | Um, Russell told me that he’s gonna be back in action | 拉塞尔跟我说 他再过几周 |
[00:48] | in, like, a few weeks. | 就能回归了 |
[00:50] | Well, while the president is recuperating, | 在总统康复期间 |
[00:52] | it’s important for the international community | 让国际社会认识到 |
[00:54] | to understand that the U.S. has not missed a step. | 美国并没有被落下 这很重要 |
[00:58] | Which means… | 也就是说 |
[01:00] | nothing is postponed. | 一切都不会推迟 |
[01:03] | But if Acting President Hurst signs off, | 但如果赫斯特代总统签字了 |
[01:05] | you’re just letting her take the victory lap. | 你就是把胜利拱手相让了 |
[01:08] | – I don’t get it. – You know, | – 我不明白 – 知道吗 |
[01:08] | sometimes I worry that Russell Jackson is your mentor. | 有时我都担心拉塞尔·杰克逊变成你的导师了 |
[01:11] | Yeah, you know, I, uh, I hate to say it, | 没错 我也不想这么说 |
[01:13] | but I think she’s got a point. | 但我觉得她说的有道理 |
[01:14] | I’m not crazy about the optics. | 我觉得影响不太好 |
[01:16] | Kids, in public service | 孩子们 在公共事业 |
[01:18] | and in life, it’s not about who gets the credit. | 以及生活中 最重要的不是谁争到了功劳 |
[01:21] | Although, I got to say, babe, that I know | 虽然 我也得说 亲爱的 |
[01:22] | China’s trying to make a deal with Sri Lanka, too, | 我知道中国也在努力和斯里兰卡达成交易 |
[01:24] | and the fact that you beat ’em to the punch, | 而你把他们打倒在地 |
[01:25] | – that is really hot. – Yeah, yeah. You know… | -真的棒极了 -对对对 |
[01:27] | – Oh, was it? – …and it’s, uh, it’s all part | -真的吗 -这都是 |
[01:28] | of a larger strategy to push back on their expansion | 阻拦他们向印度洋扩张的大计划 |
[01:31] | into the Indian Ocean. | 的一部分 |
[01:33] | Okay, clearly, I talk about work too much at home. | 好吧 看来我在家里谈论工作太多了 |
[01:36] | I’m home! | 我回家啦 |
[01:37] | – In the kitchen! Here. – Oh, look at her. | -在厨房啦 -这儿 快看啊 |
[01:40] | Hi, guys. | 大家好 |
[01:42] | – You’re back. – I missed you. | -你回来了 -想死你了 |
[01:44] | Okay, you guys saw me two weeks ago. | 好啦 两周前你们刚见到我 |
[01:46] | – I don’t care. – Yeah, I… | -我不管 -对 |
[01:48] | I didn’t think you’d be home until, like, spring break. | 我还以为你在春假前不会回来呢 |
[01:50] | I’ll only be here for a couple of days. | 我就住两天 |
[01:52] | Yeah. | 好 |
[01:54] | Uh, small issue with your room. | 你的房间有点小问题 |
[01:58] | I’m actually kind of using it as a gym. | 实际上我拿你的房间当健身房了 |
[01:59] | – What? – Well, you know, I’m trying to get… | -什么 -我一直想变得 |
[02:03] | swole for Piper. | 更吸引派珀一些 |
[02:05] | Gross! Do that in your own room. | 真恶心 去你自己房间 |
[02:07] | No, I almost threw out my back | 才不 为了把所有负重搬进你屋里 |
[02:09] | moving all the weights into yours. | 我都快累死了 |
[02:10] | Okay, I’m gonna let you handle this one. | 好吧 这个问题交给你解决 |
[02:12] | All right. Come on there, Jack LaLanne. | 好吧 快来吧 杰克·拉兰内[健美运动员] |
[02:14] | – Let’s go. – Jack La-who? | -走吧 -杰克什么 |
[02:15] | – Yeah. Come on. – Really? | -来吧 -真的吗 |
[02:19] | Good day. Where are we on Indonesia? | 早上好 印度尼西亚的事情怎么样了 |
[02:22] | They love our soybeans, we love their knitwear. | 他们喜欢我们的大豆 我们喜欢他们的针织品 |
[02:23] | Negotiations continue apace. | 谈判飞速进行着 |
[02:25] | The secretary’s comments at the Model UN conference? | 国务卿在模拟联合国大会的讲话呢 |
[02:27] | Uh, may you continue to be more functional | 希望你们继续 比实际的联合国大会 |
[02:29] | than your real-world counterpart? | 具备更多的功能 |
[02:31] | In progress. | 还在修改中 |
[02:32] | Okay, our main event today is | 好吧 我们今天的大事件是 |
[02:34] | the Sri Lankan president, Tarindo Nandasiri, | 斯里兰卡总统 特里南多·那达斯里 |
[02:36] | arriving at the White House to meet with the secretary | 来到白宫回见国务卿 |
[02:38] | and Acting President Hurst. | 和赫斯特代总统 |
[02:39] | With him will be his minister of national policies | 随行的还有国家政策部长 |
[02:42] | and economic affairs, his chief of staff, and his tasseographer. | 经济事务部长 他的幕僚长 还有读茶者 |
[02:45] | Lunch is scheduled… | 午餐安排在 |
[02:47] | Slow down there, speedy. | 慢点儿 闪电侠 |
[02:48] | His tasseo-what now? | 他的什么 |
[02:50] | Tasseographer. | 读茶者 |
[02:51] | Someone who reads tea leaves. | 能读懂茶叶的人 |
[02:52] | Like a psychic? | 像巫师一样吗 |
[02:54] | His name is Ranuga, and he prefers metaphysical advisor? | 他叫拉努加 更喜欢被称为超自然事物顾问 |
[02:58] | I’m sure he does. | 那当然 |
[02:59] | Let’s just remember to be respectful, | 记得表示尊重就好了 |
[03:01] | no matter what we personally believe. | 不管我们个人信仰什么 |
[03:03] | Which is that it’s all just a bunch | 那不过是 |
[03:05] | of pseudo-mystical nonsense | 用来骗傻子的 |
[03:07] | designed to fool the gullible? | 伪神秘的鬼话 |
[03:09] | Tasseography has been practiced | 读茶者这个职业已经 |
[03:10] | for over 5,000 years, all right? | 存在超过五千年了 好吗 |
[03:12] | You can’t just discount it out of hand. | 你不能一竿子就打死 |
[03:13] | So you’re saying Ranuga’s the genuine article? | 你的意思是 拉努加的确有真才实学吗 |
[03:15] | Oh, no, no. Him I’m discounting out of hand. | 不不不 对他 我可以一竿子打死 |
[03:18] | Yeah, I don’t trust anyone who sells out their talents | 我不相信任何把自己的天赋 |
[03:20] | to the highest bidder. | 卖给最高出价买家的人 |
[03:21] | And Ranuga only has one client: | 而拉努加只有一位客户 |
[03:23] | President Nandasiri. | 那达斯里总统 |
[03:25] | Got to wonder how much he adjusts the message | 真不知道他是怎么胡编滥造 |
[03:27] | to keep the money flowing. | 一直骗钱的 |
[03:28] | Well, as long as he adjusts his message on our trade deal | 只要他编的事情能让那达斯里总统 |
[03:30] | to make President Nandasiri happy, | 满意我们的协议 |
[03:32] | it’s good for us as well. | 对我们就也是好事 |
[03:34] | Seriously, | 说真的 |
[03:35] | you’re not being fair. | 你这样不公平 |
[03:38] | I know, but then my plans changed. | 我知道 但我的计划改变了 |
[03:40] | If you want to go, you should go. | 如果你想去 你就去 |
[03:42] | Don’t make me feel bad about it. | 别让我来背锅 |
[03:44] | Lucinda… | 露辛达 |
[03:46] | Everything okay? | 没什么事吧 |
[03:48] | – You heard that, huh? – Yeah. | -你听到了啊 -没错 |
[03:50] | I’m having roommate issues. | 室友矛盾 |
[03:52] | Lucinda? Thought you guys were tight. | 露辛达 你们俩不是挺亲密吗 |
[03:54] | We were. We are. | 过去挺亲密 现在也挺亲密 |
[03:56] | Sometimes we’re so tight, I can’t breathe. | 有时候关系亲密到无法呼吸 |
[03:59] | At first it was great. You know, | 刚开始感觉好极了 |
[04:01] | we got along, we had a ton of stuff in common… | 我们相处不错 有很多共同点 |
[04:03] | – What happened? – Well, | -后来呢 -然后 |
[04:05] | I joined a few clubs and started making other friends. | 我加入了几个俱乐部 开始结交新朋友 |
[04:08] | But Lucinda, | 但露辛达 |
[04:09] | it’s like she just wants to hang out with me all the time. | 她想24小时都和我捆在一起 |
[04:12] | Well, have you talked to her about it? | 你和她谈过吗 |
[04:14] | She says she knows it’s a problem, | 她说她知道这是个问题 |
[04:16] | but she doesn’t do anything about it. | 但她什么改善的事情都没做 |
[04:17] | I just… need a break. | 我只是 需要休息一下 |
[04:21] | You think I’m being harsh, don’t you? | 你觉得我太刺儿了 对吧 |
[04:22] | No. | 没有 |
[04:24] | My first year in college, | 我上大学头一年 |
[04:26] | my roommate was so homesick, | 我的室友太想家了 |
[04:28] | he cried himself to sleep every night. | 每晚都是哭着睡着 |
[04:31] | I mean, I-I liked the kid, but… | 我是说 我挺喜欢他的 但是 |
[04:35] | I felt uncomfortable, | 我觉得不舒服 |
[04:35] | so I asked to be transferred. | 于是我要求更换房间 |
[04:37] | And then, of course, I ran into him on the quad | 后来 当然 几个月后 我在校园里遇见了他 |
[04:39] | a couple months later, and he’d joined the debate club | 他加入了辩论俱乐部 |
[04:42] | or something, he had friends. | 还是什么的 交了朋友 |
[04:43] | It just took him a little longer to adjust. | 只不过他比别人多花了一些时间来适应 |
[04:46] | I sort of felt bad that I didn’t hang in there. | 我有点觉得不好意思 没和他一起度过难关 |
[04:49] | So you do think I’m being harsh. | 所以你的确觉得我太刺儿了 |
[04:51] | I think it’s okay for you | 我觉得你想离开朋友 |
[04:53] | to want to spend time away from your friend. | 自己呆几天 这没什么毛病 |
[04:54] | Just remember to be kind, too, okay? | 记得要和善 好吗 |
[05:14] | Mr. President, welcome to the White House. | 总统先生 欢迎来到白宫 |
[05:16] | It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 很荣幸见到您 |
[05:17] | The pleasure is mine, Madam President. | 感到荣幸的是我 总统女士 |
[05:19] | Wonderful to see you again, Madam Secretary. | 很高兴再见到您 国务卿女士 |
[05:21] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[05:22] | Uh, ayubowan. | 阿尤波万 |
[05:24] | We had thought that Mrs. Nandasiri would be joining us. | 我们还以为那达斯里夫人会一起来呢 |
[05:28] | She has flown to New York to do some shopping. | 她飞去纽约购物去了 |
[05:30] | There’ll be nothing with a designer label left | 不把全纽约的名牌买光 |
[05:31] | in the city by the time she is done. | 她是不会罢休的 |
[05:36] | Ceylon tea leaves from our country. | 产自我国的锡兰茶叶 |
[05:38] | That’s very thoughtful of you. | 您太贴心了 |
[05:39] | Why don’t we get out of the cold and have a cup. | 我们快进屋里喝杯水把 |
[05:41] | That’s a great idea. | 好主意 |
[05:46] | You have many treasures in your country, Mr. President, | 你们国家有很多宝藏 总统先生 |
[05:48] | but I confess, your tea might be my favorite. | 但我承认 你们的茶叶或许是我最喜欢的 |
[05:52] | We’d happily give you a lifetime supply | 如果能引用您的这句话 |
[05:54] | in exchange for use of that quote. | 我们愿意为您终身免费供茶 |
[05:57] | May I have some more leaves first, please? | 能先给我几片茶叶吗 |
[06:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:02] | Ranuga is going to grace us with a reading. | 拉努加将会读茶来祝福我们 |
[06:06] | He will tell you things about yourself you never knew. | 他会告诉你们一些你们自己不知道的事情 |
[06:09] | I look forward to whatever you have to say. | 我很期待您将要说的 |
[06:12] | In truth, | 实际上 |
[06:12] | I say nothing. | 我什么都没有说 |
[06:14] | I am merely the earthly chalice | 我只不过是圣灵们 |
[06:17] | the spirits have chosen | 选择的圣杯 |
[06:18] | to fill with their wisdom. | 用以盛装他们的智慧 |
[06:20] | They speak through me, | 他们通过我来说话 |
[06:21] | that I may bring good tidings to all who are in this room. | 我会为这个房间里的每一位带来好消息 |
[06:28] | Well, speaking of good tidings, | 说到好消息 |
[06:30] | we have some of our own | 关于这次贸易合作 |
[06:32] | regarding the trade agreement. | 我们也有一些好消息 |
[06:34] | Uh, my team has been negotiating with | 我的团队一直在和克罗尼克信息公司的 |
[06:37] | Scott Goodman of KronicDM, | 斯科特·古德曼商讨 |
[06:38] | and I’ve just learned that he is on board | 我刚得知他同意加入 |
[06:41] | and eager to get to work. | 希望能开始工作 |
[06:43] | I very much enjoyed his Super Bowl ad. | 我非常喜欢他在超级碗播放的广告 |
[06:45] | The other U.S. Companies we’ve contracted | 我们签约的另一个美国公司 |
[06:47] | specialize in wholesale connectivity. Wireless. | 专攻大规模连接 无线业务 |
[06:50] | But Scott will provide that last mile of connection as well. | 但斯科特也会提供最后一英里的连接服务 |
[06:52] | Upgraded landlines for your homes and businesses. | 为贵国的家庭和商业提供升级版的有线连接 |
[06:54] | He’s agreed to contract out some of the work | 他同意把部分工作外包给 |
[06:57] | to the top three Sri Lankan telecoms. | 斯里兰卡的三大电信商 |
[06:59] | And there’s some other small changes, addendums | 还有一些小的变动和增项 |
[07:00] | which we’ll address… | 我们会在后期… |
[07:03] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[07:04] | What is it, my friend? | 什么事 我的朋友 |
[07:12] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[07:17] | I’m afraid, um, we have a problem. | 恐怕 我们有个问题 |
[07:21] | What kind of problem? | 什么问题 |
[07:23] | The spirits have withdrawn their blessings. | 圣灵们撤回了他们的祝福 |
[07:27] | We cannot move forward with this trade agreement. | 我们无法再继续这个贸易协定 |
[07:33] | Thanks for scheduling our call so quickly. | 感谢你们这么快地安排通话 |
[07:35] | I have an asset in the Taliban. | 我在塔利班有个线人 |
[07:37] | Someone I trust. | 是我信任的人 |
[07:38] | He says a rogue splinter group has broken off. | 他说塔利班形成了一个分裂组织 |
[07:41] | They aren’t happy with the deal | 他们对美国和阿富汗的国家领导 |
[07:42] | the U.S. and Afghanistan brokered with their leaders, | 会晤并达成协议不满意 |
[07:44] | and they’re determined to disrupt the peace. | 他们想要破坏和平 |
[07:47] | Did he say how? | 他说会怎么做了吗 |
[07:49] | They’ve acquired a major cache of weapons, | 他们掌握了一个大规模武器贮藏地 |
[07:51] | which includes dozens of surface-to-air missiles, | 有大量的地对空导弹 |
[07:53] | and they intend to use them on NATO helicopters. | 他们想要用来击落北约直升机 |
[07:56] | Nafisa, what do you need us to do? | 娜菲莎 需要我们做什么 |
[07:58] | Sign off on using funds to help counter the new threat. | 签署拨款文件来帮助应对新的威胁 |
[08:02] | We’ll have to read in the Gang of Eight. | 我们得和八人组讨论一下 |
[08:05] | We’ll get back to you. | 我们会联系你的 |
[08:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:07] | We’re already over our Af-Pak budget containing the Taliban. | 就塔利班问题我们已经超出”阿巴”预算了 |
[08:10] | I’m sure the Gang of Eight will be thrilled | 我敢肯定八人组很难 |
[08:12] | to authorize funds for this. | 为此拨出预算 |
[08:15] | I understand you have great respect for Ranuga, | 我理解你很尊重拉努加 |
[08:18] | Mr. President, but is it possible that, | 总统先生 但是有没有可能 |
[08:22] | in this particular instance, he’s mistaken? | 在这个特别的场合 他出错了 |
[08:25] | I do not have the skill or the unique connection | 我没有那个能力像拉努加一样 |
[08:27] | to the spirit world as Ranuga does, | 能够和圣灵世界有独特的联系 |
[08:29] | but he’s never been wrong before. | 但是他之前从未出错 |
[08:30] | All we’re saying is that his gift appears | 我们是说他的天赋 |
[08:32] | to be one of… interpretation. | 似乎出于他自己对茶象的解读 |
[08:35] | Not at all. | 并不是 |
[08:36] | He’s speaking for Nuveena, | 他在替努维纳说话 |
[08:38] | my late grandmother and the matriarch of the family. | 我已故的祖母 她是我们家族的女族长 |
[08:40] | Nuveena also had the gift of sight. | 努维纳也有看见未来的天赋 |
[08:43] | Ever since I was a baby, she told me that, | 从我还是婴儿的时候 她就告诉我 |
[08:45] | one day, I would lead our people. | 有一天 我会领导我们的人民 |
[08:47] | And now I’m the president. | 而现在我成为了总统 |
[08:49] | I would never dream do against her wishes. | 我绝不会做任何有违她意愿的事 |
[08:52] | But if your grandmother wants what’s best for your country | 但是如果你的祖母想要给你的国家 |
[08:55] | and its people, | 和人民最好的 |
[08:56] | Mr. President, this trade agreement | 总统先生 这份贸易协定 |
[08:57] | will change so many lives for the better. | 会使得很多很多的人民过上更好的生活 |
[09:01] | Perhaps Nuveena’s telling me that I’m moving too quickly, | 或许努维纳是在告诉我发展得太快了 |
[09:05] | that I should open my eyes and see what else is around us. | 我应该睁开双眼看看我们身边还有什么 |
[09:08] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[09:09] | if you mean the Chinese… | 如果你是说中方 |
[09:11] | China is our neighbor. | 中国是我们的邻国 |
[09:13] | They’ve invested quite a bit in Hambantota. | 他们在汉班托特投资了很多 |
[09:16] | Because they want control of your deepwater ports. | 因为他们想要控制你们的深海港口 |
[09:19] | Nuveena may feel that I was too dismissive of their offer. | 努维纳可能觉得我过于轻视他们的提案了 |
[09:24] | If so, this would be the time to reconsider. | 如果是这样 现在就是重新考虑的时候 |
[09:33] | And this is the East Room, | 这就是东厅 |
[09:35] | the largest room in the White House. | 白宫里最大的厅室 |
[09:37] | It’s primarily used for dinners and press conferences. | 一般是用来举行晚宴或者新闻发布会 |
[09:40] | And roller-skating. | 还有轮滑 |
[09:43] | I hear children laughing. | 我听到有孩子的笑声 |
[09:46] | I hear the wheels slapping the wood floor. | 我听见轮子滚过木地板的声音 |
[09:51] | It’s true. | 确实 |
[09:52] | It’s true that, uh, Teddy Roosevelt’s children | 泰迪·罗斯福的孩子 |
[09:55] | and Amy Carter were known to… roller-skate in here. | 和艾米·卡特据说会在这 滑轮滑 |
[09:58] | Yeah, it’s also true that that information’s readily available | 对 这些信息也都能从 |
[10:01] | through newspaper articles, brochures, | 新闻报道 资料手册 |
[10:03] | biographies, several documentaries, | 自传 一些纪录片 |
[10:06] | White House tours, | 白宫导览 |
[10:07] | and on numerous websites. | 和大量的网站上获得 |
[10:10] | Those are all ways to receive information, yes, | 那些方式都可以获得信息 是的 |
[10:13] | but they are not the only ways. | 但是那些并不是唯一的方式 |
[10:15] | There is so much more to the universe | 在宇宙中还有很多 |
[10:17] | than that which we can touch. | 比那些方式更多的途径获取信息 |
[10:21] | Shall we? | 我们继续吧 |
[10:22] | Who is the man with the “L” name? | 名字以”L”开头的那位是谁 |
[10:27] | My brother’s name is Logan. | 我的哥哥叫罗根 |
[10:29] | You are avoiding his calls. | 你在回避他的电话 |
[10:31] | Uh, only ’cause he’s boring. | 只是因为他很无聊 |
[10:33] | Next time he calls, speak with him. | 下次他打来 跟他聊聊 |
[10:35] | He may surprise you. | 他可能会令你惊讶 |
[10:38] | And I sense a sadness, | 我感受到了伤心 |
[10:42] | a terrible loneliness. | 强烈的孤独感 |
[10:43] | Oh, that’s probably just me. | 那可能是我 |
[10:45] | No, you are childless. | 不 你是没有子女 |
[10:47] | Yeah, okay. I’m aware. | 好吧 我知道了 |
[10:48] | This person has a family, friends, | 这一位有家庭 朋友 |
[10:51] | and yet they feel alone. | 却还是感受到孤独 |
[10:55] | What, me? | 我吗 |
[10:56] | Oh, I am not lonely. | 我并不孤单 |
[10:58] | Your love will return to you. | 你的爱人会回到你身边 |
[11:00] | I just said that I’m not… | 我刚说了我不 |
[11:02] | Wait, wait. Which love? | 等等 哪位爱人 |
[11:03] | I mean, ’cause there’s been a couple. | 因为有挺多人的 |
[11:05] | The one who will be a father to your little girl. | 那位将成为你女儿的父亲的人 |
[11:11] | May I see the room with the dishes now? | 现在我可以去餐厅吗 |
[11:14] | I would like to take a selfie with Grace Coolidge’s portrait. | 我想和格雷斯·柯立芝的肖像来张自拍 |
[11:17] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:19] | So this love– can you describe him? | 关于这位爱人 你能描述一下他吗 |
[11:22] | So, I walk into the briefing with Morejon, | 我去跟莫雷洪做简报 |
[11:25] | and the first thing I notice is: there’s no chair for me. | 我注意到的第一件事是 没有我的椅子 |
[11:28] | I have to ask for one. | 我得向他要一把 |
[11:32] | Say what you like about Carlos Morejon, | 说你喜欢卡洛斯·莫雷洪什么 |
[11:33] | there is no one more petty. | 没人能比他更小气了 |
[11:35] | Right? Whatever. | 是吗 随便吧 |
[11:36] | I’m-I’m happy to play along. | 我乐意暂时和他玩一下 |
[11:38] | Haze me as much as you want. | 你想怎么嘲弄我都行 |
[11:39] | But when I tell you that there’s a terrorist threat | 但是当我告诉你会有一个 |
[11:42] | against our troops in Afghanistan, | 针对我们在阿富汗驻军的恐怖主义威胁 |
[11:43] | and we need funds to expose and end it, | 而我们需要资金去揭露并结束它时 |
[11:46] | then stop playing games and join the adults in the real world. | 别再绕圈子了 加入成人的真实世界吧 |
[11:50] | Did you say that? | 你是这么说的吗 |
[11:52] | Well, I was, I was a little less combative, | 我 我没有这么强硬 |
[11:54] | but you know, I-I lose my temper with these bureaucrats. | 但是我对这些官僚主义者失去了耐心 |
[12:00] | As it turns out, it’s all for nothing, because | 而结果是白忙活一场 因为 |
[12:02] | not only will they not release the funds to S.A.D., | 他们不仅不会拨款给特别行动小组 |
[12:04] | but they’re proposing phased spending cuts | 还会在下一个十年 |
[12:07] | over the next decade, | 提案缩减预算 |
[12:08] | which Morejon was more than thrilled to tell me about. | 莫雷洪特别高兴地告诉我这些 |
[12:12] | I just wanted to say good night. | 我只是想来说晚安 |
[12:14] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[12:14] | Hey, listen, I carved an hour out of my morning, | 我明早空出了一个小时的时间 |
[12:17] | so, you want to have breakfast? | 所以你一起想吃早餐吗 |
[12:20] | I’m actually gonna head back first thing in the morning. | 其实我明天一早就要回去了 |
[12:22] | I want to get back to the dorm and see Lucinda. | 我想要回宿舍去看看露辛达 |
[12:25] | – We should talk. – That’s a good idea. | -我们得聊聊 -好主意 |
[12:27] | Let me know how that goes, okay? | 告诉我进展如何 好吗 |
[12:30] | Me, too. | 也告诉我 |
[12:31] | Your father forgot to fill me in, | 你爸忘记跟我说了 |
[12:33] | but he’s gonna take care of that right now. | 不过他现在就会告诉我的 |
[12:35] | Sounds good. | 好的 |
[12:36] | – Night. – Good night. | -安 -晚安 |
[12:43] | What is it the spirits | 到底圣灵是怎么 |
[12:45] | don’t like about KronicDM’s offer exactly? | 不喜欢克罗尼克信息的提案了 |
[12:47] | Are they particularly fond of dial-up? | 他们是特别喜欢拨号上网吗 |
[12:49] | Don’t want to leave it behind? | 不想就把那种方式抛弃了是吗 |
[12:51] | It’s a complicated situation, Scott. | 情况有些复杂 斯科特 |
[12:54] | We were hoping that you might | 我们希望你能 |
[12:55] | – be able to sweeten the deal. – How about this? | -再给出一点更好的条件 -这样如何 |
[12:58] | Nandasiri has two days | 那达斯里有两天的时间 |
[13:00] | to get his ghosts in line, | 来和他的鬼魂们商量好 |
[13:02] | or I hop over to the Maldives, make that the go-to spot | 不然我就转去马尔代夫了 |
[13:05] | for tourists who want to lie | 让那里躺在沙滩上的游客们 |
[13:06] | on a beach and stream the new Star Trek. | 能够在线看到最新的《星际迷航》 |
[13:08] | Madam Secretary, Alison’s on the phone. | 国务卿女士 艾莉森打来电话 |
[13:10] | She says it’s urgent. | 她说是急事 |
[13:13] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[13:19] | Honey, are you okay? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[13:20] | Yeah, but something’s happened. | 我没事 但是有别的事 |
[13:22] | – Wait. What’s wrong? – I walked into the dorm, | -怎么了 -我走进宿舍 |
[13:23] | and Lucinda was on the floor, | 看到露辛达躺在地上 |
[13:24] | – and I couldn’t wake her up. – Oh, my God. | -我叫不醒她 -天哪 |
[13:27] | Did you call 911? | 你报警了吗 |
[13:28] | Yeah, but, | 报了 不过 |
[13:30] | there was an empty bottle of pills and vodka on the floor. | 地上有一个空药瓶和伏特加 |
[13:35] | I think she tried to kill herself. | 我觉得她想要自杀 |
[13:37] | Oh, baby, I’m so sorry. | 宝贝 我很抱歉 |
[14:00] | Thanks. The doctor is still in with her parents. | 谢谢 医生和她的父母还在里面 |
[14:03] | This is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[14:06] | It’s nobody’s fault. | 这不是任何人的错 |
[14:08] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[14:09] | Here they are. | 他们出来了 |
[14:12] | Any news? | 有消息吗 |
[14:13] | – It’s good. – She’s stable. | -没事了 -她稳定下来了 |
[14:15] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[14:16] | Alison, | 艾莉森 |
[14:17] | if you hadn’t come back early this morning… | 要不是你今天一早赶回来 |
[14:19] | Situation could have been so much worse. | 情况会变得更加糟糕 |
[14:24] | Ah, great. | 太好了 |
[14:25] | Thank you. I’m starving. | 谢谢 我要饿死了 |
[14:27] | Sorry that took me so long. | 抱歉去了这么久 |
[14:28] | Got a little sidetracked. | 出了点小岔子 |
[14:30] | My brother Logan called, | 我哥哥罗根打电话来了 |
[14:32] | and out of curiosity, I answered. | 出于好奇我接了 |
[14:34] | – And? – Oh, it was the usual. | -然后呢 -就是平常那些 |
[14:36] | Investment strategies, blah, blah, blah. | 投资策略什么的 |
[14:39] | Bond market, blah, blah, blah. Mmm. | 债券市场什么的 |
[14:41] | Logan’s a money manager, so, in other words, | 罗根是个理财经理 换句话说 |
[14:44] | he definitely did not surprise me. | 他肯定没有让我惊讶 |
[14:45] | So in case you were still in doubt, | 所以以防你还有疑虑 |
[14:47] | Ranuga’s a scammer. | 拉努加就是个骗子 |
[14:49] | Well, that may be true, | 可能是这样 |
[14:49] | but he’s the cleanest scammer I’ve ever seen. | 但他是我见过最干净的骗子 |
[14:51] | Oh, come on. | 不可能 |
[14:52] | I’ve been scouring INR’s files on the guy, | 我在国家情报研究局刷这位仁兄的资料 |
[14:55] | and everything else I can get my hands on. | 还有所有其他我能拿到手的资料 |
[14:57] | There’s no arrests, no outstanding debt, | 他没有被逮捕过 没有特别的负债 |
[14:58] | no offshore accounts. | 没有海外账户 |
[14:59] | Well, I reached out to a buddy at the FBI, and nothing. | 我去找了一个在联调局的朋友 毫无收获 |
[15:04] | What about his family? | 他的家庭呢 |
[15:06] | Maybe the rotten apple’s a little deeper down in the barrel. | 或许烂苹果在篮子的更深处 |
[15:09] | Funny you should mention that. | 很高兴你能问起来 |
[15:10] | I just came across a wedding announcement | 我刚找到他妹妹莎姬的 |
[15:12] | for his sister Sachi. | 结婚公告 |
[15:13] | She got married about six months ago. | 她六个月前结婚了 |
[15:18] | The groom lists his occupation as… | 新郎填的职业是 |
[15:23] | Businessman. | 商人 |
[15:27] | Ishara Singhe owns the fourth largest domestic phone company | 爱沙拉·辛执掌斯里兰卡国内 |
[15:30] | on Sri Lanka– Dandu Telecom. Boom. | 第四大通讯公司丹杜通信 逮到他了 |
[15:33] | That’s got to be it. | 怪不得 |
[15:34] | Ranuga said the spirits were on board | 拉努加一开始称 |
[15:35] | with the trade agreement initially, but… | 圣灵赞成这项贸易协议 但 |
[15:39] | That was when the U.S. companies were only providing | 那是因为美国公司仅提供 |
[15:41] | – ‘Points of presence’ – Strictly wireless. | -“入网点” -完全无线 |
[15:43] | Ranuga must have thought | 拉努加肯定认为 |
[15:45] | – that his family’s company was in jeopardy. – It was. | -家族企业受到了威胁 -他担心得对 |
[15:47] | KronicDM was only gonna bring in the top three telecoms. | 克罗尼克信息仅同意行业前三的公司参与 |
[15:50] | At number four, Dandu would have been shut out. | 丹杜排名第四 无缘这一项目 |
[15:51] | Scott Goodman needs to broaden the deal | 得让斯科特·古德曼扩大协议的范围 |
[15:53] | to include them all. | 让他们都参与进来 |
[15:54] | Think he’ll go for it? | 你觉得他会同意吗 |
[15:55] | Well, I hear his people are already making storyboards | 我听说他们已经在准备 |
[15:58] | for next year’s Super Bowl ads. | 明年超级碗广告的草图了 |
[16:01] | Fade in on a Sri Lankan beach. | 设计的是在斯里兰卡沙滩上淡入 |
[16:08] | We, uh… we made dinner. | 我们做了晚餐 |
[16:11] | It’s chili. | 辣豆酱汤 |
[16:12] | – Oh, great. – You didn’t have to do that. | -太棒了 -你们不必这么做 |
[16:13] | No, we wanted to. | 是我们自己想做 |
[16:17] | How’s Lucinda? | 露辛达怎么样了 |
[16:19] | She’s gonna be fine. | 她会好起来的 |
[16:21] | Her folks are taking her back to Michigan | 出院后她家人 |
[16:22] | once she’s discharged. | 就带她回密歇根 |
[16:25] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[16:27] | Um… I’m exhausted. | 我 我很累 |
[16:29] | I just… want to go to bed. | 我想休息一下 |
[16:31] | Well, have a bowl of chili first. | 先吃碗辣豆酱汤吧 |
[16:33] | – Yeah. Come on. – You haven’t had anything to eat today | -对 先吃点 -你今天还没 |
[16:34] | I just want to go to my room. | 我只想回房间 |
[16:35] | that didn’t come out of a vending machine. | 正经吃过东西呢 |
[16:36] | I know, but just one little bowl, Ali. Come on. | 我知道 就一小碗 艾莉 吃一点 |
[16:40] | I think that she should stay home for a while. | 我觉得应该让她在家待一段时间 |
[16:43] | Maybe even take an incomplete on a semester. | 或者申请休学一学期 |
[16:47] | Well, if that’s what she wants to do, yeah. | 看她自己怎么想的吧 |
[16:49] | She doesn’t know what she wants. | 她哪知道她想要什么 |
[16:50] | She can barely function, Henry. | 她现在什么都干不了 亨利 |
[16:52] | Well, then, let’s give her a couple of days | 那就给她几天时间 |
[16:53] | to figure it out, okay? | 想想清楚 好吗 |
[16:55] | Come on. It’s okay. | 别担心 没事的 |
[16:59] | So Scott Goodman | 斯科特·古德曼 |
[17:00] | is on board to broaden the telecom deal. | 同意扩大电信协议范围 |
[17:02] | That’s very good news. | 好消息 |
[17:04] | Now it’s just about figuring out how to get word | 现在的问题就是 如何让神灵知道 |
[17:05] | to the spirits that the coast is clear. | 危机已经解除 |
[17:07] | Yeah, we’ve been talking about that. | 我们一直在讨论这个问题 |
[17:09] | If we confront Ranuga about his lies, | 如果我们当面揭穿拉努加的谎言 |
[17:11] | he could double down out of fear | 他可能会因为害怕失去那达斯里的信任 |
[17:13] | of losing his relationship with Nandasiri. | 而铤而走险 |
[17:15] | And we can’t go to Nandasiri without proof. | 我们也不能毫无依据便向那达斯里告状 |
[17:17] | If he truly believes that Ranuga’s in touch | 如果他真心诚意地相信拉努加能 |
[17:19] | with his sainted grandmother, he’ll find a way | 与他祖母交流 那么他肯定会 |
[17:21] | – to discredit us. – And there’s more. | -质疑我们 -还有一个新情况 |
[17:23] | Minister Chen just arrived in Ottawa, | 陈部长刚刚抵达渥太华 |
[17:25] | Nandasiri’s next stop. | 那达斯里的下一站 |
[17:26] | So the Chinese are taking another run at him? | 中国也再次出手了吗 |
[17:29] | And all they have to do is compromise a little | 而他们只需在 |
[17:32] | on fishing rights or whatever, | 捕鱼权或其他随便什么方面稍作让步 |
[17:34] | and they walk away with everything. | 斯里兰卡必定对他们有求必应 |
[17:38] | There has to be a way to thread this needle. | 必须想办法解决这个问题 |
[17:41] | Ma’am? | 国务卿 |
[17:43] | We do have a suggestion, | 我们有一个提议 |
[17:44] | and it would require you to be somewhat covert. | 这需要您施展一下演技 |
[17:48] | What do you have in mind? | 你们有什么想法 |
[17:52] | We appreciate you coming in | 总统先生 感谢您在接到临时通知后 |
[17:53] | on such short notice, Mr. President. | 立刻赶过来 |
[17:55] | It is no problem. | 不客气 |
[17:57] | I’m sorry we could not come to terms. | 很遗憾未能达成一致 |
[18:00] | Well, it occurred to us that you, | 我们突然想到 |
[18:03] | and consequently the spirits, | 您和圣灵 |
[18:05] | didn’t actually hear the complete details | 其实还不清楚我们与斯科特·古德曼 |
[18:08] | of our agreement with Scott Goodman the other day, and… | 所签署的协议详情 |
[18:11] | And we’re hoping that after you get all that information, | 我们希望您在了解具体情况 |
[18:13] | including a few new enticements, you might change your mind. | 以及新增的优惠条款后 能改变想法 |
[18:18] | It is not my president’s mind that needs to be changed. | 您需要说服的并不是总统 |
[18:22] | It is the spirits who have spoken, | 一切取决于圣灵 |
[18:25] | and they are at one with the universe and stars. | 他们与宇宙星辰同为一体 |
[18:29] | I agree that money is a transitory thing | 我理解 金钱不过是过眼云烟 |
[18:32] | of no use to the dead, | 对于逝者而言毫无用处 |
[18:33] | but can we perhaps consider the idea that | 但这些祖先的后人们 |
[18:37] | their descendants might like some? | 是否可能需要呢 |
[18:41] | Scott Goodman would still | 斯科特·古德曼仍将负责升级 |
[18:42] | upgrade the infrastructure of the hard-line phone services, | 有线电话设施 |
[18:46] | but we got him to agree to use only local labor to do it. | 但我们已说服他仅雇佣当地劳动力 |
[18:51] | Independent contractor agreements | 随后将针对 |
[18:53] | will be drawn up that are very generous | 斯里兰卡所有电信公司 |
[18:55] | to all the Sri Lankan telecom companies. | 起草条件优厚的独立承包协议 |
[18:58] | And that includes, uh, | 这其中包括 |
[18:59] | Jaffna Telecom, Mendis Telecom and…? | 贾夫纳通信 孟迪斯通信 以及 |
[19:04] | – Dandu? – Dandu. | -丹杜 -丹杜 |
[19:08] | If only my grandmother were not so stubborn. | 如果我的祖母没有这么固执就好了 |
[19:12] | Your grandmother is stubborn, Mr. President, | 您的祖母确实非常固执 总统先生 |
[19:16] | but also a wise, kind woman. | 但她也非常智慧 友善 |
[19:20] | And let us all remember | 切不可忘记 |
[19:21] | that new information often opens | 新的信息总会带来 |
[19:24] | exciting avenues of discovery. | 令人激动的新发现 |
[19:28] | I must return to the hotel | 我需要马上回酒店 |
[19:29] | and meditate on this new development. | 针对事态发展进行冥想 |
[19:31] | I will ask Nuveena and the spirit world for guidance. | 我将请求努维纳及其他圣灵的指引 |
[19:35] | Of course. And why don’t you take this | 当然 不如您带上这份调整后的报告 |
[19:38] | adjusted report, just in case the spirits need clarification? | 如果圣灵问起 可以向他们解释说明 |
[19:42] | Yes, that is a good idea. | 好主意 |
[19:54] | And then, | 然后 |
[19:54] | at around 5:00, we got the call. | 大约五点的时候 我们接到电话 |
[19:57] | – No. – Oh, yes. | -不是吧 -没错 |
[20:00] | Grandma Nuveena has blessed the deal once more. | 努维纳祖母再次对协议表示支持 |
[20:03] | Nicely done, babe. | 干得好 亲爱的 |
[20:06] | Noodle, you okay? | 宝贝 你没事吧 |
[20:08] | I was going to text Lucinda, but then I remembered | 我刚想给露辛达发信息 突然想起来 |
[20:09] | she doesn’t have her phone in the hospital. | 她在医院里没有手机用 |
[20:13] | I, uh… I reached out to her mother, Alison, | 艾莉森 我 我联系了她的母亲 |
[20:16] | as a… just to check in. | 向她了解了一些情况 |
[20:20] | And she told us that Lucinda | 她告诉我们 |
[20:25] | was treated for anxiety and depression in high school. | 露辛达高中时就因焦虑和抑郁接受过治疗 |
[20:29] | That her parents thought she had it under control. | 她父母以为病情已经得到控制 |
[20:31] | She’s been dealing with this issue since before you ever met. | 她在认识你之前就有这方面的问题 |
[20:37] | I’m gonna go grab a sweater. | 我去穿件外套 |
[20:43] | Can I, can I go play the…? | 我 我能不能 |
[20:44] | Yeah. Just 20 minutes, | 去吧 不过最多20分钟 |
[20:46] | – then homework. – All right. | -然后就去做作业 -好吧 |
[20:50] | You remember my first boyfriend at Lovell? | 你们记不记得我在洛弗尔的第一任男友 |
[20:54] | Brody? | 叫布洛迪 |
[20:56] | Oh, yeah, he was a nice kid. | 记得 挺不错的孩子 |
[20:57] | Something like this happened to him. | 他也发生过类似的情况 |
[20:59] | He seemed fine, and then… | 看上去很正常 但后来 |
[21:01] | mid-terms sent him into this kind of… | 因为期中考试 |
[21:07] | an anxiety spiral. | 他变得非常焦躁 |
[21:08] | And he started, like, drinking too much, and… | 就开始 酗酒 |
[21:11] | driving too fast, and… | 超速 |
[21:13] | I don’t know. This one time, we were out together, | 有一次 我和他一起在外面 |
[21:15] | and I just… I… I got really scared. | 我 我真的吓坏了 |
[21:24] | I thought… I told you about this. | 我以为 我和你们说过这事 |
[21:26] | I am 100% sure you never told us. | 我百分百确定你从来没提起过 |
[21:29] | – He was drunk driving? – I’m surprised. | -他还酒后驾车 -太震惊了 |
[21:32] | – You just called him a nice kid. – Okay. | -你刚刚还说他挺不错的 -看吧 |
[21:35] | This is obviously why I never told you. | 所以我从来不和你们说这些事 |
[21:38] | Anyway, he dropped out, and, um, | 不管怎样 他后来辍学了 |
[21:40] | he went to work for this NGO that digs wells in Africa, | 在一家非政府组织工作 去非洲挖井 |
[21:43] | and he’s still in Malawi, | 现在还在马拉维[非洲国家]呢 |
[21:45] | and he’s very happy from what I hear. | 据我所知他过得挺开心的 |
[21:47] | – Jason! – Oh, God. What did he do? | -杰森 -天哪 他惹什么祸了 |
[21:49] | You broke my night-light! | 你打碎了我的夜灯 |
[21:52] | You used my room without my permission | 你未经同意私自把我的房间 |
[21:54] | to make your stupid gym, and you broke my night-light. | 改成你的健身房 还打碎了我的夜灯 |
[21:57] | No, I didn’t. | 不是我打碎的 |
[21:58] | You moved every piece of furniture in my room, | 你把我房间里所有家具都挪了个遍 |
[22:00] | and now it’s cracked. | 还把东西弄坏了 |
[22:01] | Okay, here, let me… | 好了 让我 |
[22:02] | You backed a chair into it. | 它被椅背挤碎了 |
[22:02] | Let me see. Maybe I can fix it. | 我来看看 或许能修好 |
[22:04] | Or we can get another one. | 不行就买个新的 |
[22:05] | I don’t want another one. | 我不要新的 |
[22:07] | I’ve had this one forever. | 我就要这一个 |
[22:08] | You know, it doesn’t even work anymore. | 它早就坏了好吗 |
[22:09] | You don’t care about anyone but yourself. | 你的眼里只有你自己 |
[22:11] | Jason, just say you’re sorry. | 杰森 快道歉 |
[22:12] | No, she’s acting crazy. | 我不道歉 她莫名其妙 |
[22:14] | Apologize to her. | 快道歉 |
[22:15] | Fine, you know what? | 行 道歉就道歉 |
[22:16] | I’m-I’m sorry i broke your stupid night-light | 抱歉我打碎了你那傻不拉几 |
[22:18] | that hasn’t worked in, like, ten years. | 坏了十几年的夜灯 |
[22:19] | – Oh, my God. – Please forgive me. | -天哪 -原谅我呗 |
[22:21] | – I hate you! – Hey! | -我恨你 -喂 |
[22:23] | That’s enough. That’s enough. Stop. | 够了 别吵了 都停下 |
[22:28] | You are a moron, Jason. | 你就是个笨蛋 杰森 |
[22:34] | Well, she’s calmed down, | 她已经平静下来了 |
[22:35] | and I think I can fix the night-light. | 夜灯我应该能修好 |
[22:37] | You know it’s not about the night-light, right? | 你知道的 这与夜灯无关 |
[22:41] | Ali has had issues with anxiety at school. | 艾莉在学校里也有过焦虑症状 |
[22:46] | There was that project she couldn’t even get started. | 之前她都没法开始做那个项目 |
[22:50] | I read an article about these kids in California. | 我读到过一篇关于加州一些孩子的文章 |
[22:53] | They got stressed out, | 他们压力过大 |
[22:54] | felt like they had nowhere to turn, | 又无处倾诉 |
[22:56] | and then one after the other, | 就一个接一个地 |
[22:58] | they… | 就 |
[22:59] | There’s a term for it. | 这还有个专有名词 |
[23:01] | S-Suicide clusters. | 自杀集群效应 |
[23:02] | Alison’s upset about her friend, | 艾莉森只是因为朋友的事而不安 |
[23:04] | but she doesn’t seem suicidal. | 看不出来有什么自杀倾向 |
[23:05] | Alison didn’t think Lucinda was suicidal. | 艾莉森也没发现露辛达有自杀倾向 |
[23:08] | Lucinda’s parents didn’t see it. | 露辛达的父母也没有察觉 |
[23:13] | We didn’t see it with your dad. | 我们也没发现你父亲有什么征兆 |
[23:20] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[23:22] | Maybe I’m worrying too much. | 或许是我过虑了 |
[23:26] | That’s better than not worrying enough. | 总比考虑不周要好 |
[23:40] | Hey, Noodle. | 宝贝 |
[23:42] | What are you doing up? | 你不睡觉在这做什么呢 |
[23:44] | Bad dream. | 做噩梦了 |
[23:45] | Well, mom’s been looking for an excuse | 你妈妈一直在找机会 |
[23:47] | to make her famous bacon banana pancakes, so… | 露一手她的香蕉培根卷饼 所以 |
[23:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:52] | But I gave up pork. | 但我不吃猪肉了 |
[23:55] | Lucinda showed me this documentary about pigs | 露辛达给我看过一部关于猪的纪录片 |
[23:57] | and how social they are. | 他们是高度社会化的动物 |
[23:59] | They’re smarter than dogs. | 比狗还聪明 |
[24:02] | Well, she sounds like a very thoughtful young woman. | 听起来她是个很善良的姑娘 |
[24:05] | She is. | 没错 |
[24:08] | And a good friend. | 还是个好朋友 |
[24:12] | How could I not see that she was so unhappy? | 我怎么会没看出她很不开心呢 |
[24:19] | Is that how it was for you with Grandpa? | 爷爷走的时候你也是这样吗 |
[24:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:27] | For months after, | 几个月后 |
[24:28] | I would go over conversations we’d had. | 我回想我们以前的谈话 |
[24:30] | I kept thinking there was something I missed. | 我一直在想有些迹象我没看出来 |
[24:34] | Uh, a moment where I could have broken through | 如果我看出来 并跟他好好谈谈 |
[24:36] | and changed his mind. | 也许能让他改变主意 |
[24:38] | And he never asked for help about anything, | 他从来没有寻求过帮助 |
[24:42] | but I still felt like I let him down. | 但我还是觉得我让他失望了 |
[24:44] | And what was hardest | 最让人难过的是 |
[24:45] | was that I was really angry at him | 我真的很生他的气 |
[24:48] | because he never told me what was going on. | 因为他从没告诉过我发生了什么 |
[24:52] | He never even gave me a chance to stop him. | 他甚至没有给我机会阻止他 |
[24:55] | Because if you would have known, | 因为如果你知道 |
[24:56] | you would have done anything, right? | 你会不惜一切地帮助他 对吗 |
[24:59] | Yeah, just like you would’ve done anything | 是的 就像你会不惜一切地 |
[25:00] | to help Lucinda. | 帮助露辛达一样 |
[25:04] | Look at you two snuggle-pies. | 看看你们俩个小可爱 |
[25:08] | – Morning. Good morning. – Hi. Mmm. | -早上好 -嗨 |
[25:11] | You want me to make some breakfast? | 你想让我做早餐吗 |
[25:13] | Yeah, but just nothing with bacon | 是啊 但不要放培根 |
[25:15] | ’cause, uh, Ali and I are giving up pork, right? | 因为 我和艾莉要都不吃猪肉了 对吧 |
[25:18] | What? | 什么 |
[25:20] | Pigs beat three-year-olds on cognition tests. | 猪的认知能力超过了三岁的孩子 |
[25:22] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗 |
[25:24] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[25:26] | Sort of sorry I do now. | 很遗憾我现在知道了 |
[25:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:30] | Oatmeal and berries and whatever. | 那就吃燕麦和浆果吧 |
[25:33] | Um, I think I’m actually gonna head out. | 我想我要回学校了 |
[25:36] | So soon? | 这么快 |
[25:38] | I mean, if that’s what you want to do, that’s okay, | 如果真想回去 那没问题 |
[25:39] | but are-are you sure that’s what you want to do? | 但是 你确定你是真的想回去吗 |
[25:41] | ‘Cause you could always stay a little longer. | 你可以在家多住一阵子 |
[25:44] | It’s an option. | 这是一个选择 |
[25:46] | Yeah, I just want to get back. | 是的 我只是想回去 |
[25:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:59] | Dr. McCord. | 麦考德博士 |
[26:00] | – Yeah? – Two surface-to-air missiles | -请进 -两架向洛加尔省 |
[26:02] | were launched at a pair of Lakotas | 运送物资的直升机 |
[26:03] | ferrying supplies to Logar province. | 遭到了两枚地对空导弹的袭击 |
[26:06] | Did they hit the targets? | 击中目标了吗 |
[26:07] | One of them suffered rotor damage | 其中一个转子损坏了 |
[26:09] | but was able to make it back to base with no injuries. | 但仍能在没有人员受伤的情况下返回基地 |
[26:11] | It was a close call. | 真是千钧一发 |
[26:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:14] | Call Senator Morejon’s office. | 给莫雷洪参议员的办公室打电话 |
[26:15] | Tell him we’ve had an escalation. | 告诉他冲突已经升级 |
[26:16] | I need to brief the Gang of Eight as soon as possible. | 我需要尽快地向八人组汇报 |
[26:19] | – Okay, you got it. – Okay. | -好吧 -好的 |
[26:23] | So, uh… | 所以… |
[26:26] | you know, I was thinking about… | 我一直在想 |
[26:28] | what that psychic said. | 那个灵媒说的话 |
[26:30] | About you being sad and childless? | 关于你的悲伤和无子女吗 |
[26:32] | Just childless. | 只是没有孩子 |
[26:33] | Daisy was sad. – Right. | -伤心的是黛西 -是啊 |
[26:35] | I was just wondering, | 我想知道 |
[26:36] | that thing that Ranuga said about your brother, | 拉努加说的关于你哥哥的事 |
[26:41] | – if it turned out to be true? – Why? | -最后是真的吗 -问这个干什么 |
[26:45] | Like, if he’s right about my brother calling | 如果我哥哥真的打电话给我 |
[26:47] | and surprising me, | 让我惊讶 |
[26:47] | you’re gonna hop on the psychic train | 你就会开始相信灵媒的话 |
[26:50] | and start thinking he’s right about you, too? | 开始觉得他对你说的话也是对的 |
[26:53] | Or Daisy? | 或者黛西 |
[26:55] | Or you and-and, uh… | 或者你 |
[27:00] | You and Daisy? | 你和黛西? |
[27:02] | You’re hoping you’re Daisy’s lost love. | 你希望你是黛西失去的爱 |
[27:06] | We’ve got a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[27:07] | Oh, come on. What do the spirits want now? | 圣灵们现在想要什么 |
[27:10] | A pony? | 一匹小马吗 |
[27:10] | It’s not Ranuga. It’s the Chinese. | 这次不是拉努加 而是中国人 |
[27:12] | They heard our agreement was shaky, | 他们听说我们的协议不稳定 |
[27:13] | went back to Nandasiri, and now they piggybacked | 又找上了那达斯里总统 现在他们 |
[27:15] | a telecom agreement on it, too. | 也提出了一个电信协议 |
[27:17] | So much for waiting for Nandasiri to get to Ottawa. | 那达斯里总统的渥太华之行就这么泡汤了 |
[27:20] | Chen must have called and backed off fishing rights. | 陈部长一定是让出了捕鱼权 |
[27:23] | Nope. | 没有 |
[27:24] | Nandasiri just caved. | 那达斯里总统就是屈服了 |
[27:27] | Two months ago, that was a nonstarter. | 两个月前 这是不可能的 |
[27:30] | What changed his mind? | 是什么让他改变了主意 |
[27:32] | If this deal falls through, | 如果这笔协议失败 |
[27:33] | then the Chinese will have bested us in the Indian Ocean. | 中国人就会在印度洋上打败我们 |
[27:36] | We’ll be out in the cold. | 我们就没戏可唱了 |
[27:38] | Reach out to Ephraim Ware | 去找埃弗兰·威尔 |
[27:39] | and put Intelligence on this. | 让他搜集情报 |
[27:42] | President Dalton is back in three weeks. | 道尔顿总统三周后就回归了 |
[27:44] | I’ll be damned if the Chinese are gonna turn Hambantota | 如果中国人在我的眼皮底下把汉班托塔 |
[27:47] | into mini-Hong Kong on my watch. | 变成小香港的话 我不如死了好 |
[27:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[28:11] | I’m so glad you’re out of the hospital. | 真高兴你出院了 |
[28:13] | Me, too. It sucks. | 我也是 那里糟透了 |
[28:15] | What was I thinking? | 我到底在想什么 |
[28:16] | I mean, I know what I was thinking. | 我知道我在想什么 |
[28:18] | My therapist says I need to stop | 我的治疗师说我不能再 |
[28:19] | minimizing my suicidal ideation? | 忽视我的自杀观念了 |
[28:23] | I’m really sorry you had to find me like that. | 我真的很抱歉 让你发现我那个样子 |
[28:26] | I-I’m just glad I got there. | 我很高兴我赶到了 |
[28:29] | Eh, in time. | 及时赶到 |
[28:33] | On the bright side, you’ll be the only freshman | 看开点 你将是唯一一个 |
[28:35] | with a single. | 住一人间的新生 |
[28:38] | But I’m gonna miss your sock puppets. | 但我会想念你的袜子木偶的 |
[28:41] | And you. | 还有你 |
[28:48] | Well… | 好了 |
[28:50] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[28:53] | Take care. | 照顾好自己 |
[28:55] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[29:36] | I thought for sure you’d be sleeping. | 我觉得你肯定已经睡了 |
[29:39] | I’m obsessing over | 我在思考 |
[29:41] | what I’m gonna say to the Gang of Eight tomorrow. | 明天我要对八人组说什么 |
[29:43] | Okay. Let’s hear it. | 好吧 跟我说说 |
[29:47] | Don’t you have enough with saving | 难道你在挽救我们的印度洋贸易地位 |
[29:49] | our Indian Ocean trade position… | 的事情上还没有忙够吗 |
[29:51] | Trying not to obsess about Ali, so… | 我试着不要太担心艾莉 |
[29:55] | So you just want a distraction. | 所以你只是想分散注意力 |
[29:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:59] | Sometimes I think the whole job is just a distraction | 有时候我觉得整个工作只是 |
[30:03] | from worrying about the kids. | 为了分散掉我担心孩子们的精力 |
[30:05] | Is that weird? | 这奇怪吗 |
[30:06] | Mm… kind of. | 有点儿 |
[30:09] | Anyhoo, distract me with your eloquence. | 无论如何 用你的口才转移我的注意力吧 |
[30:14] | Okay. Mr. Chairman, as a taxpayer and a citizen, | 好吧 主席先生 作为纳税人和公民 |
[30:18] | I recognize this body provides an essential check | 我明白这个机构对行政权力 |
[30:21] | on the overreach of executive power. | 的过度扩张进行必要的检查 |
[30:23] | It’s an awesome responsibility… | 这是一个重要的责任… |
[30:26] | All right, listen, | 好吧 |
[30:27] | it doesn’t matter what I say at this point. | 我说什么都无所谓 |
[30:28] | They’re not gonna change their minds. | 他们不会改变主意的 |
[30:29] | I need to think outside the box. | 我需要跳出固有思维模式 |
[30:31] | I need to come up with a move | 我得想个办法 |
[30:32] | that they’re not gonna see coming. | 出其不意 |
[30:35] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[30:37] | I’m gonna call Ali before it gets too late. | 我要给艾莉打电话 否则就太晚了 |
[30:39] | I thought you said you didn’t want to obsess. | 我以为你说过你不想过分担心她 |
[30:42] | Every time I think about her alone in that dorm room, | 每当我想起她一个人在宿舍 |
[30:45] | I just want to run and go get her. | 我就只是想跑去找她 |
[30:47] | Babe, if she needs us, she will call. | 宝贝 如果她需要我们 她会打电话的 |
[30:58] | Oh, shoot. It’s Ephraim Ware. | 不 是埃弗兰·威尔 |
[31:06] | Mr. President, thank you for meeting with me. | 总统先生 谢谢您和我见面 |
[31:09] | Of course. Would you like some tea? | 客气 喝点茶吗 |
[31:11] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[31:17] | If this is about the agreement with the Chinese, | 如果你想谈与中国的协议 |
[31:20] | their foreign minister made an offer I couldn’t refuse. | 他们的外交部长提出了一个我无法拒绝的提议 |
[31:24] | Minister Chen is very… persuasive. | 陈部长很… 有说服力 |
[31:28] | How else to explain | 否则 如何解释 |
[31:29] | why you gave them unfettered fishing rights, | 你给他们不受限制的捕鱼权 |
[31:33] | so your people will have to compete with foreign vessels | 你的人民在自己的海域将不得不 |
[31:35] | in their own waters? | 与外国船只竞争 |
[31:37] | In exchange, the Chinese promise | 作为交换 中国承诺 |
[31:38] | preferential tea market access. | 我们可以优先进入中国茶叶市场 |
[31:40] | Tea manufactured at a Chinese shell company | 一家建在斯里兰卡的中国空壳公司 |
[31:43] | built in Sri Lanka, with 20% of the profits going | 生产的茶叶所获利润的20% |
[31:47] | directly to an offshore account in your name. | 直接汇入你名下的离岸账户 |
[31:51] | Minister Chen offered you a bribe. | 陈部长向你行贿了 |
[31:55] | How dare you accuse me. | 你怎么敢指责我 |
[32:02] | You’re in a financial free fall. | 你的经济情况一落千丈 |
[32:06] | Due in large part to you | 很大程度上是由于你 |
[32:08] | and your wife’s spending habits. | 还有你妻子的消费习惯 |
[32:13] | But you cannot trade your country’s sovereignty | 但你不能拿国家的主权来 |
[32:17] | in exchange for a personal bailout from the Chinese. | 换取中国对你个人的帮助 |
[32:22] | We negotiated a fair deal, Mr. President. | 总统先生 我们商讨了一项公平的协议 |
[32:25] | One that benefited both our countries. | 对我们两国都有利的协议 |
[32:28] | One that was blessed by Nuveena. | 被神灵祝福的协议 |
[32:32] | And the business with the Chinese, that’s gonna come out, | 而和中国人达成的协议 如果落实了 |
[32:34] | and there is nothing either of us can do to stop it, so… | 我们就都无法阻止了 所以… |
[32:40] | What if I walk away from the Chinese? | 如果我不和中国人合作了呢 |
[32:44] | Can’t we put this horrible misunderstanding behind us? | 我们能把这个可怕的误会抛在脑后吗 |
[32:49] | You consult with the spirits. | 你和圣灵们商量吧 |
[32:51] | I’ll talk to the acting president. | 我和代总统谈谈 |
[33:01] | You settling back in all right? You need anything? | 你安顿好了吗 你需要什么吗 |
[33:05] | You’re gonna laugh. | 你听了肯定会笑的 |
[33:07] | Try me. | 给我讲讲 |
[33:08] | Lucinda’s mom accidentally took the wet/dry hand vac. | 露辛达的妈妈不小心拿了我的干湿两用吸尘器 |
[33:13] | Well, I’ll tell you what, you can take my upstairs one | 好吧 你回家的时候可以 |
[33:16] | when you come home. | 把我楼上的那个拿去 |
[33:18] | When’s that gonna be, by the way? | 顺便问一下 你什么时候回家 |
[33:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:23] | Ma’am. Acting President Hurst is asking to see you. | 国务卿 代总统赫斯特要见你 |
[33:26] | Let me call you back. | 我回头再给你打吧 |
[33:27] | I’m just about to walk into class. | 我正要进教室 |
[33:30] | You call me tonight, okay, baby? | 今晚给我打电话 好吗 宝贝 |
[33:32] | You promise? | 你保证 |
[33:33] | Yeah, I promise. | 我保证 |
[33:36] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:58] | I can’t tell you how many times | 我已经记不清有多少次 |
[34:00] | I’ve come into this office and seen Conrad on that very spot, | 走进这办公室 看到康拉德站在你站的地方 |
[34:05] | working out a problem. | 思考问题 |
[34:07] | It’s a good spot. | 这是一个好地方 |
[34:12] | I wanted to thank you personally | 我想亲自感谢你 |
[34:15] | for saving the Sri Lankan deal. | 拯救斯里兰卡的协议 |
[34:18] | And let you know that we won’t | 并且告诉你 我们最终 |
[34:21] | be going forward with it after all. | 不会签署这个协议 |
[34:23] | – Why not? – There’s been too much dishonesty | -为什么 -那达斯里方面有太多的不诚实 |
[34:26] | from Nandasiri– too much double-dealing on their part, | 他们总是两面派 |
[34:28] | too much compromise on ours. | 我们的妥协太多了 |
[34:30] | But if we walk, | 但是如果我们放弃 |
[34:32] | – Sri Lanka will close with China. – I know. | -斯里兰卡将投靠中国 -我知道 |
[34:34] | But I can’t sign my name to this | 但如果我不相信他们会履行协议 |
[34:36] | if I don’t believe they’ll hold up their end. | 我就不能在签署这个协议 |
[34:39] | So, let me build guarantees into the agreement | 那就让我在协议中加一个保证 |
[34:42] | that will keep Nandasiri in line. | 这将制约那达斯里总统 |
[34:44] | Elizabeth… | 伊丽莎白 |
[34:48] | When we were in Russia, | 当我们在俄罗斯的时候 |
[34:50] | you advised me to walk away from Salnikov | 你建议我不要与萨尔尼科夫同伍 |
[34:52] | because it was not good for our country. | 因为这对我们国家不利 |
[34:56] | You were right, then. | 当时你是对的 |
[34:59] | I’m right, now. | 现在 我也是对的 |
[35:01] | This deal is not good for our country, | 这个协议对我们国家不利 |
[35:04] | and as acting president, that is my decision to make. | 作为代总统 这是我的决定 |
[35:15] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 阁下 |
[35:19] | I’m just gonna say it: Teresa Hurst spiked this deal | 我直说吧 特蕾莎·赫斯特想把这协议搞黄 |
[35:22] | to flip off Dalton because he won’t back her | 是为了陷害道尔顿 因为他不会在下届 |
[35:23] | – in the next election. – No. | -选举中支持她 -不是 |
[35:25] | She was genuinely for the deal | 那达斯里反悔之前 |
[35:27] | until Nandasiri pulled a fast one. | 她是真心支持这个协议 |
[35:31] | Her gut told her to walk away– I respect that. | 她的直觉告诉她放弃 我尊重这一点 |
[35:33] | Either way, we still failed to hold the line | 不管怎样 我们还是没能守住 |
[35:35] | in the Indian Ocean. | 印度洋的防线 |
[35:37] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[35:41] | How’s it going with our bilateral | 我们与印尼的 |
[35:43] | trade agreement with Indonesia? | 双边贸易协定怎么样了 |
[35:45] | Fewer overinvested grandma ghosts than Sri Lanka. | 与斯里兰卡相比 没有那么多圣灵的干预 |
[35:48] | – We are almost closed. – Right. Reach out. | -差不多做完了 -太好了 和他们联系 |
[35:52] | See if they’re interested in upgrading their telecom systems. | 看看他们是否有兴趣升级他们的电信系统 |
[35:57] | In exchange for better access to | 作为交换 我们可以更好地 |
[35:59] | deepwater ports off Jakarta? | 利用雅加达附近的深水港口 |
[36:02] | – We’re on it. – Yes, ma’am. | -我们这就去 -好的 国务卿 |
[36:03] | Um, Madam Secretary, could I ask you a personal question? | 国务卿女士 我能问你一个私人问题吗 |
[36:09] | Fire away. | 问吧 |
[36:10] | -Ma’am. Sorry. – Yeah. | -国务卿 不好意思 -没事 |
[36:12] | Rangua called and left a word for you. | 拉努加给你打了个电话 留了言 |
[36:14] | Ranuga? Okay, let’s get him back. | 拉努加吗 好吧 让他进来 |
[36:18] | No, I was being literal. He left a word for you. | 不 我只是字面上的意思 他给你留了言 |
[36:23] | You were saying? | 你刚才想说什么 |
[36:25] | I was just wondering if you were thinking that, | 我想知道你是否在考虑 |
[36:26] | when the time came, you might run. | 等时机成熟 你可以竞选总统 |
[36:33] | Compelling remarks, | 你的言论很引人入胜 |
[36:34] | and I understand your concern, Dr. McCord, | 我理解你的担忧 麦考德博士 |
[36:38] | but you’re saying no service members were hurt | 但是你说没有军人 |
[36:42] | – during the attack. – That’s correct. | -在袭击中受伤 -没错 |
[36:44] | And drones in the area took them out, | 这个地区的无人机救了他们 |
[36:48] | along with at least three members of the splinter group. | 以及至少三名分裂组织的成员 |
[36:50] | So what’s the issue? | 那么有什么问题呢 |
[36:51] | The issue is the safety of American troops | 问题是我们逐步进行全员撤离时 |
[36:54] | as we move towards a full drawdown, | 美国军队的安全 |
[36:56] | and the possibility that these rogue elements will | 无赖分子也有可能 |
[36:59] | be emboldened by… | 受到激励 |
[36:59] | Isn’t this a problem for the Afghan army now? | 这不是阿富汗军队的问题吗 |
[37:01] | But we need to work with them if we want it done properly. | 但如果我们想把工作做好 就要和他们合作 |
[37:04] | Frankly, I-I think that this incident | 坦白地说 我认为这件事 |
[37:07] | speaks to much larger concerns in your department. | 暴露出了你们部门很大的问题 |
[37:11] | Dr. McCord, I don’t think President Dalton | 麦考德博士 我认为道尔顿总统 |
[37:13] | made a wise decision when he put you in charge of S.A.D. | 让你掌管这个特别行动组的决定并不明智 |
[37:16] | I think your long friendship has colored his objectivity. | 我认为你长久的友谊让他不那么客观 |
[37:28] | President Dalton asked me to do this job, and I accepted | 道尔顿总统让我做这项工作 我接受了 |
[37:32] | because we both thought that I would be good at it. | 因为我们俩都认为我会做得很好 |
[37:35] | But I cannot do the work I was hired to do without partners | 但是没有国会的帮助 |
[37:38] | in congress who will back it up. | 我是没办法做好我的工作的 |
[37:40] | Dr. McCord, I think we’re done. | 麦考德博士 就到这里吧 |
[37:43] | We’re done when I say we’re done. | 我说完的时候才能完 |
[37:52] | I’m going to resign | 我要辞去 |
[37:54] | as the director of Special Activities Division, | 特别行动组组长的职务 |
[37:57] | and I just hope that my successor | 我只希望我的继任者 |
[38:00] | is more to your liking, | 更合你们的心意 |
[38:01] | and receives the funds and the freedom to do the job right | 并有相应的资金和自由做好工作 |
[38:04] | because what’s at stake is the lives of American soldiers, | 因为处于危险之中的是美国士兵的生命 |
[38:08] | and a peaceful future for the people of Afghanistan. | 和阿富汗人民的和平未来 |
[38:14] | Now we’re done. | 现在我们完事了 |
[38:18] | Your loss, Sri Lanka. | 这是你的损失 斯里兰卡 |
[38:20] | – Secret file. – Yep. Secret file. | -秘密文件 -是的 秘密文件 |
[38:22] | Ah, enjoy your continuation | 你们就继续享受 |
[38:24] | of slow downloads and dropped calls. | 下载速度慢 通话掉线的网络吧 |
[38:30] | – What’s going on here? – We’re saying farewell | -这是怎么回事 -我们在对斯里兰卡 |
[38:32] | to the Sri Lanka deal– 10 months of negotiations. | 的协议告别 十个月的谈判 |
[38:35] | You just got here, so you don’t feel our pain. | 你刚来 所以你感觉不到我们的痛苦 |
[38:38] | Yeah, but I can empathize like nobody’s business. Hit me. | 是啊 但我喜欢多管闲事 来吧 |
[38:42] | Oh, guess who called. | 猜猜谁给我打电话了 |
[38:44] | My brother. | 我的哥哥 |
[38:45] | Aren’t you back to ignoring him again? | 你不是不理他了吗 |
[38:47] | – I am, but he left a message. – And? | -是的 但他留了言 -然后 |
[38:50] | Uh, Logan’s been stuck in a bad marriage | 洛根被困在一段糟糕的婚姻里 |
[38:52] | for almost ten years. | 已经快十年了 |
[38:53] | They finally decided to separate. Surprise. | 他们最终决定分居 惊喜 |
[38:58] | Oh no, don’t look at me like that. | 不 别那样看着我 |
[38:59] | I still think Ranuga’s a scammer. And you? | 我还是觉得拉努加是个骗子 你呢 |
[39:03] | Don’t go acting like this means anything. | 这并不意味着什么 |
[39:04] | If you really want something in this world, | 但如果你真的想要这个世界上的什么东西 |
[39:06] | you got to just own it. | 你必须拥有它 |
[39:09] | Who cares what the spirits say? | 谁在乎圣灵们说了什么 |
[39:12] | – Yes, ma’am. – Besides, | -好的 长官 -除此之外, |
[39:14] | if anything’s worth a risk in this life, | 如果生命中有任何值得冒险的东西 |
[39:17] | it’s a second chance at love. | 那就是爱情的第二次机会 |
[39:19] | Thank you for the drink. | 谢谢你的酒 |
[39:23] | What did she mean by a second chance at…? | 她说的第二次机会是什么意思 |
[39:26] | Oh, come on. Daisy? Again? | 别这样 黛西 还是黛西 |
[39:29] | What happened to, it’s all pseudo-mystical nonsense? | 你不是说那都是荒谬的假神秘主义吗 |
[39:31] | What if I’m wrong? | 如果我错了呢 |
[39:33] | When have I ever been right about anything? | 我什么时候对过 |
[39:37] | Maybe we’re meant to be, man. | 也许我们命中注定在一起 伙计 |
[39:41] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[39:42] | Are you in love with her? | 你爱上她了吗 |
[39:46] | ‘Cause if you are, then go for it. | 如果是 那就去争取吧 |
[39:48] | But if this is really just you being afraid | 但如果这真的只是你 |
[39:50] | of spending the rest of your life alone, | 对于孤独终老的恐惧 |
[39:53] | Daisy and Joanna deserve better | 黛西和乔安娜应该得到更好的 |
[39:55] | than just being your ready-made family. | 而不是做你现成的家庭 |
[39:59] | I’m about to update the gaggle. | 我要去给记者们发布消息 |
[40:01] | Any changes to the secretary’s statement | 国务卿关于斯里兰卡协议的声明 |
[40:03] | on the Sri Lankan deal? | 有何变化吗 |
[40:03] | Just keep it simple. | 保持简单 |
[40:04] | We’re sorry the agreement couldn’t come together. | 我们很遗憾该协议没能生效 |
[40:06] | Sri Lanka is a wonderful country with a very generous people. | 斯里兰卡是一个美妙的国度 有慷慨的人民 |
[40:08] | That’s what I got. | 我本就打算这么说 |
[40:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[40:12] | Do I have something on my face? | 我脸上有东西吗 |
[40:14] | No, no. I was just, um… | 不 我只是… |
[40:17] | – Daisy, Oliver Shaw on the phone for you. – Thanks. | -黛西 奥利弗·肖给你打电话 -谢谢 |
[40:25] | At first, I thought he meant run, | 起初 我以为他的意思是让我竞选 |
[40:26] | as in run for president. | 竞选总统 |
[40:28] | And then I realized, no, that’s not it at all. | 然后我意识到 不是这样的 |
[40:30] | – Then what does it mean? – I think | -那是什么意思呢 -我认为 |
[40:32] | that Alison is more unhappy than she’s letting on. | 艾莉森其实非常难过 |
[40:35] | I can feel it, Henry. | 我能感觉到 亨利 |
[40:36] | And you can call it projection if you want, | 你可以说我这是自欺欺人 |
[40:39] | but I think it’s mother’s intuition. | 但我认为这是母亲的直觉 |
[40:42] | Father’s intuition, too. | 父亲的直觉也一样 |
[40:43] | I’ve been thinking about her all day. | 我整天都在想她 |
[40:45] | Then let’s run and get our daughter. | 我们去找我们的女儿吧 |
[40:48] | Oh, come on, Noodle. Pick up. | 小面面 快接电话 |
[40:50] | – She’s still not answering the phone? – No. | -她还没接电话吗 -没有 |
[40:52] | I just spoke with her RA. | 我刚才和她的助研聊过 |
[40:54] | She hasn’t seen her since breakfast. | 她从早餐后就没见过她 |
[40:56] | She missed her afternoon classes. | 她下午没去上课 |
[40:57] | – Okay. – I am officially worried. | -好吧 -我真的很担心 |
[40:59] | They know I’ve been calling her. She’s not picking up. | 他们知道我一直在给她打电话 而她不接 |
[41:00] | Well, it’s either call her again | 好吧 要么再给她打电话 |
[41:02] | or call the cops at this point. | 要么就报警 |
[41:03] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[41:04] | Wha… uh, Noodle? | 什… 面面 |
[41:08] | Uh, where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[41:09] | Home. Where are you guys? | 我在家 你们在哪里 |
[41:12] | – What? – We’re-we’re, um, at a restaurant. | -什么 -我们在… 外面吃饭 |
[41:17] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[41:20] | Not totally, actually. | 实际上 不太好 |
[41:23] | I was trying to pretend like everything was okay, but… | 我假装一切正常 但是… |
[41:25] | Hang on, I’ll put you on speaker so Mom can hear, too. | 等等 我打开扬声器 这样妈妈也能听到 |
[41:29] | Hey, baby. | 宝贝 |
[41:30] | I was just saying that I kind of started to feel overwhelmed, | 我只是说我开始觉得不知所措 |
[41:33] | so I went to the admin’s office, and they said | 于是我去了行政办公室 他们说 |
[41:35] | that I could finish | 我可以完成 |
[41:36] | two of my classes online | 我的两个课程可以在网上学 |
[41:38] | and commute for the other two. | 另外两个可以来补修 |
[41:40] | So, I was gonna ask if maybe I could | 所以 我想问一下我是否可以 |
[41:42] | live at home for a little while? | 在家里住一段时间 |
[41:43] | – Yes! Of course. – Yes. You know, whatever. | -是的 当然可以 -是的 当然啦 |
[41:46] | Great. When are you guys gonna be home? | 太好了 你们什么时候回家 |
[41:50] | An hour? | 一个小时之后 |
[41:51] | An hour? That’s pretty far for dinner. | 一个小时 你们吃饭的地方好远啊 |
[41:54] | Well the… the-the place had really good reviews. | 嗯… 这个地方的评论不错 |
[41:57] | – Sorry, can I speak to… Thank you. – Yeah. | -对不起 给我 谢谢 -好 |
[41:59] | Hey, uh, do you guys think I could sign up for, like, | 你们觉得我可以报名参加 |
[42:02] | the YMCA gym for, | 基督教青年会的健身房吗 |
[42:04] | like, 15 bucks a month? | 一个月15美元 |
[42:05] | – I promise I’ll go. – Wow. | -我保证我会去 -天啊 |
[42:07] | ‘Cause you have all that free time | 自从艾莉摔坏了你的游戏控制器 |
[42:08] | since Ali broke your game controller? | 你的空余时间真的好多 |
[42:10] | Yeah. I want a new one by the way. | 是的 我也想要一个新的 |
[42:12] | Oh, yeah. Right after you replace my night-light. | 是的 你得先把我的夜灯换掉 |
[42:13] | Hey, would… | 你们能不能… |
[42:14] | Okay, I got to go. Bye. | 好吧 我得挂了 再见 |
[42:16] | Well, once again, our soon-to-be empty nest is, | 好吧 我们即将进入的空巢状态会 |
[42:19] | ironically, at full capacity. | 很讽刺地非常热闹 |
[42:21] | Just the way I like it. | 就像我喜欢的那样 |
[42:23] | Big, noisy house filled with the people I love. | 吵闹的大房子里挤满了我爱的人 |
[42:28] | I like that, too. | 我也喜欢 |