时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Dalton! Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[00:04] | Dalton! Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[00:10] | 康拉德·道尔顿 全新的加利福尼亚 | |
[00:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:12] | You know, uh, I once had a basketball coach who said, | 我之前有一位篮球教练曾经说过 |
[00:15] | “You want to win, get the ball in the hoop.” | 想赢球 就把球投进篮里 |
[00:18] | I’d, uh… | 我 |
[00:19] | like to say the season I spent as the starting forward | 我要说 我代表汉密尔顿高中老虎队 |
[00:21] | for the Hamilton High Tigers was a winning one, | 作为首发前锋出场的那个赛季 我们打得很好 |
[00:24] | but, uh, I’m afraid we-we didn’t get enough balls in hoops. | 但恐怕我们没进足够多的球 |
[00:29] | But that season, I found something | 但那个赛季 我找到了 |
[00:31] | I didn’t know I’d been looking for. | 我之前都不知道我一直在追求的东西 |
[00:33] | That feeling of coming together with a group of people | 那种和能够信任的一群人 |
[00:36] | who had your back. | 一起奋斗的感觉 |
[00:38] | All of us trying to bring out the best in each other. | 所有人都希望为集体贡献出全力 |
[00:43] | I, uh, can see now that my journey to public service | 我知道 我的公共服务之旅 |
[00:48] | began with that failed season on the Hamilton Tigers. | 是由汉密尔顿老虎队的落败赛季开始的 |
[00:53] | Now, uh, though my season in politics may be ending… | 现在 虽然我从政的赛季也快结束了 |
[01:01] | …my journey in public service never will. | 我投身公共服务的事业永不会结束 |
[01:05] | Nor should it for any of you. | 你们也一样 |
[01:07] | So let’s all keep fighting for a strong, | 所以 我们携起手来 为留给后代们 |
[01:10] | prosperous and secure California for generations to come. | 一个强大繁荣 安全的加利福尼亚而奋斗 |
[01:14] | It’s been an honor, truly. | 是我的荣幸 真的 |
[01:17] | God bless the great state of California. | 上帝保佑伟大的加利福尼亚州 |
[01:20] | And God bless all of you. | 上帝保佑你们所有人 |
[01:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:24] | Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[01:25] | Dalton! Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[01:29] | Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[01:31] | Dalton! Dalton! Dalton! | 道尔顿 道尔顿 道尔顿 |
[01:34] | – You have my vote, sir. – Thank you. Thanks for being here. | -我为您投票 先生 -谢谢 感谢参加 |
[01:35] | – Keep fighting. – Appreciate it. | -加油 -谢谢 |
[01:37] | Ben. Sorry to break your winning streak. | 本 抱歉打破了你的连胜纪录 |
[01:40] | Yeah, should’ve had this one, Conrad. | 是啊 这一场也应该赢下来的 康拉德 |
[01:42] | Well, you ran a crack team. | 你领导的团队棒极了 |
[01:44] | Already off to the next rodeo? | 已经开始下一个竞选了吗 |
[01:46] | Delaware house seat special election. | 特拉华州参议院席位特别选举 |
[01:48] | He’s not half the candidate you are, | 他连你的一半都赶不上 |
[01:50] | but if he manages to not skip the debate at the last minute, | 但如果他能够不在最后一刻翘掉辩论 |
[01:53] | we might have a shot. | 我们应该有机会 |
[01:56] | Go get ’em. | 拿下他们 |
[01:57] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[02:01] | All righty, Mr. President. | 好了 总统先生 |
[02:02] | Hope you’re not too nervous for the big final exam. | 希望你没有因为最终大检查而过于紧张 |
[02:06] | My colleagues are starting to fight over | 我的同事们已经开始为 |
[02:07] | who deserves credit for your amazing recovery. | 你的神奇恢复而争功了 |
[02:10] | I’m sure you’ll pass with flying colors. | 我确定您会高分通过 |
[02:13] | And here comes Russell, to make sure I don’t cheat. | 这位是拉塞尔 他是为了监督我不作弊而来 |
[02:15] | I can come back later. | 我可以晚些再来 |
[02:16] | Stay. He’s good with an audience. | 别走了 有个观众不影响他 |
[02:18] | Something about being the leader of the free world. | 作为自由世界的领袖 |
[02:20] | Soon to be. | 即将成为 |
[02:22] | If all goes well. | 如果一切顺利 |
[02:24] | No pressure. | 别有压力 |
[02:25] | I’m gonna say five words, | 我会说出五个词 |
[02:26] | and I want you to repeat them back to me. | 请你重复一下 |
[02:28] | “Baby, monkey, glass, sunset, iron.” | 婴儿 猴子 杯子 日落 铁 |
[02:32] | “Baby, monkey, glass, sunset, iron.” | 婴儿 猴子 杯子 日落 铁 |
[02:34] | Good. Now, backwards? | 很好 倒过来说 |
[02:36] | “Iron, sunset, glass, monkey, baby.” | 铁 日落 杯子 猴子 婴儿 |
[02:41] | Well done, sir. | 好样的 阁下 |
[02:43] | Not sure I could remember all that. | 我都不一定能记得住 |
[02:45] | I’m firing on all ganglia, so I’m told. | 我的神经中枢火力全开了 他们说的 |
[02:48] | Once we, uh, get the official results, | 一旦我们拿到正式结果 |
[02:50] | we’ll just need you to sign a letter to Congress, | 我们只需要您签署一封致国会的信件 |
[02:53] | ending your temporary medical leave, | 结束您的临时医疗休假 |
[02:54] | and we’re good to go. | 我们就可以继续了 |
[02:57] | I’ll be happy to get back to security briefings. | 很高兴回归安全简报 |
[03:00] | Why does anyone watch cable news? | 为什么还有人看电视新闻呢 |
[03:02] | First order of business will be a ceremony | 第一个任务是 |
[03:05] | to present the Presidential Medal of Freedom | 一个颁发总统自由勋章的仪式 |
[03:07] | to the newly elected president of Myanmar. | 颁发给刚刚当选的缅甸总统 |
[03:10] | U Khaing. | 卡因先生 |
[03:11] | Ten years in prison, and now | 入狱十年 如今 |
[03:12] | he’s their first democratically-elected president | 他成为了五十多年来第一任 |
[03:15] | in over 50 years. | 民主选举出来的总统 |
[03:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:17] | Very popular on cable news. | 在电视新闻上非常热门 |
[03:19] | Well, the ceremony will generate a lot of coverage. | 对 这个仪式会吸引很多报道 |
[03:22] | It’ll be a fitting welcome– and welcome back– | 很适合欢迎回归 对了 欢迎回归 |
[03:25] | to two valued leaders of democracy. | 两位宝贵的民主领袖 |
[03:28] | Well, let’s see how the tests come out. | 还是看看测试结果如何吧 |
[03:38] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:39] | Do you have time for a muffin? | 有时间吃个麦芬吗 |
[03:40] | Oh, what life would I be living | 如果连吃麦芬的时间都没有 |
[03:42] | if I didn’t have time for a muffin? | 我过的是什么日子啊 |
[03:45] | Not your best one. | 不是最好的日子呗 |
[03:46] | Hey, you were up late last night. | 你昨晚很晚才睡 |
[03:48] | Yeah, I have an antiquities final. | 对 我古代史要考试了 |
[03:50] | I’m seeing togas in my sleep. | 我做梦都能梦到古罗马宽外袍 |
[03:51] | I’ll pick you up at the train station, Maureen. | 我去火车站接你 莫琳 |
[03:53] | It’s not a big deal. | 没事的 |
[03:54] | Aunt Maureen is coming? | 莫琳姑姑要来了吗 |
[03:55] | Why don’t you say that louder? I don’t think she heard you. | 你再说大点声多好 我觉得她还没听到你 |
[03:57] | – Sorry, I just didn’t know. – Oh, okay. Bye. | -抱歉 我只是不知道这件事 -好 再见 |
[03:59] | Yeah, it was kind of a last-minute idea. | 临时决定的 |
[04:01] | There’s an art exhibit in town she wants to see. | 城里有个艺术展她想看 |
[04:03] | Aunt Maureen wants to see an art exhibit? | 莫琳姑姑想看艺术展 |
[04:04] | – What’s that supposed to mean? – I’m just surprised. | -这话什么意思 -我只是惊讶而已 |
[04:07] | What is it? ? – Renoir. | -什么展览 -雷诺阿[19世纪法国印象派画家] |
[04:09] | – Well, that makes sense. – Okay. | -难怪了 -好了 |
[04:10] | – You know what? – That is total elitism. | -知道吗 -这是绝对的精英主义 |
[04:11] | You know, one year of art school, | 上了一年的艺术学院 |
[04:12] | – and you’re all, like… – It is. | -你就变得… -没错 |
[04:13] | I’m not being an elitist. | 我不是精英主义者 |
[04:15] | It’s just all of those rosy cheeks and flowery fields | 只是那些红红的脸蛋和开满鲜花的田野 |
[04:18] | and little fluffy dogs. | 还有毛茸茸的小狗 |
[04:20] | Oh, now I just want to go with you. | 现在我想和你一起走了 |
[04:21] | But I can’t, because the second most important visitor | 但我去不了 因为第二重要来访华盛顿特区的人物 |
[04:25] | is landing in D.C. In less than an hour. | 不到一个小时就到了 |
[04:28] | Oh, the new Burmese president. | 新的缅甸总统 |
[04:29] | Yeah. U Khaing. | 对 卡因先生 |
[04:31] | That guy is so cool. | 那家伙酷毙了 |
[04:32] | He’s like the Nelson Mandela of Myanmar. | 他就像是缅甸的纳尔逊·曼德拉 |
[04:34] | Only, dreamy. | 只是帅多了 |
[04:35] | Okay, the Dalai Lama passed through town, | 好了 达赖喇嘛也曾来访 |
[04:37] | and you didn’t even look up from your phone. | 你连头都没抬一下 |
[04:39] | And now we know why. Okay, bye. | 我终于知道原因了 再见吧 |
[04:40] | Oh, hey, dinner. | 对了 晚餐 |
[04:41] | You know how Maureen is about takeout. | 你知道莫琳对外卖的态度 |
[04:43] | Yes, yes, I will definitely be here for dinner. | 好的好的 我肯定会回来吃完饭 |
[04:44] | Don’t say “Definitely.” | 别说”肯定” |
[04:45] | Don’t say– you’re gonna curse it. | 千万别说 你对这个词下了诅咒 |
[04:47] | “Endeavor,” Then. I will endeavor– g-good-bye. | 努力好吧 我会努力回… 再见 |
[04:50] | Okay, that’s better. | 这次好多了 |
[04:51] | Okay, bye. Good luck. | 好 再见 好运 |
[05:16] | Welcome, President Khaing. | 欢迎 卡因总统 |
[05:18] | It is a tremendous honor, | 是我的荣幸 |
[05:19] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[05:20] | President Dalton sends his regards. | 道尔顿总统让我转达对你的欢迎 |
[05:22] | I’m keeping the seat warm. | 我只是临时代位而已 |
[05:25] | We love you! | 我们爱你 |
[05:28] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[05:29] | I didn’t realize you were the fifth Beatle. | 我之前都不知道你是甲壳虫乐队的第五人 |
[05:31] | Don’t tell Yoko. | 别告诉洋子[约翰·列侬妻子] |
[05:33] | – Come, please. – Okay | -请跟我来 -好的 |
[05:35] | Just look at that. | 快看呐 |
[05:36] | This guy’s been in prison for ten years, | 这哥们儿在监狱里蹲了十年 |
[05:38] | and now he’s president. | 现在成了总统 |
[05:39] | Well, house arrest. It’s not exactly prison. | 软禁而已 不算是监狱 |
[05:43] | – It’s different. – It’s not like he had Netflix. | -不一样 -他可看不了网飞 |
[05:45] | He was free to leave Myanmar at any time. | 他本可以随时离开缅甸 |
[05:47] | He said as long as his people were imprisoned | 而他却说只要他的人民还在军事独裁的 |
[05:49] | under military dictatorship, he’d stay in prison with them. | 囚禁之下 他就和人民一起入狱 |
[05:55] | That’s hot. Right? | 帅呆了 对吧 |
[05:58] | Guess I’m gonna die alone. | 我猜我得孤独终老了 |
[06:00] | During the years of my imprisonment, | 在我被囚禁的那些年 |
[06:03] | three things gave me comfort: | 有三件事让我舒心 |
[06:05] | my cat Sanda… | 桑达 我的猫 |
[06:07] | …the note sometimes left for me | 我的缅甸兄弟姐妹们 |
[06:08] | at great risk in my garden wall | 冒着极大的风险 |
[06:10] | by my Burmese brothers and sisters, | 留在我花园围墙上的纸条 |
[06:12] | and my old copy of Democracy in America | 还有我的旧版《论美国的民主》 |
[06:14] | by Alexis de Tocqueville. | 阿列克西·德·托克维尔著 |
[06:17] | Being French, I’m afraid he found your great experiment | 作为法国人 貌似他发现你们的伟大探索 |
[06:20] | full of weaknesses and failures. | 充满了弱点和失败 |
[06:22] | But he always came back to hope. | 但他总是充满了希望 |
[06:25] | America, you have been the beacon of hope | 美利坚 你们一直是那个 |
[06:28] | to a small Asian nation | 在黑暗和暴政中挣扎 |
[06:30] | struggling in the darkness of tyranny | 争取独立的亚洲小国的 |
[06:32] | for most of its independence. | 希望的灯塔 |
[06:34] | I come to you, a pilgrim, offering one small light to add | 我来此 作为一个朝圣者 为你们伟大的自由火炬 |
[06:39] | to your great torch of freedom. | 贡献出一丝点点亮光 |
[06:46] | He doesn’t have a speechwriter. | 他都没有演讲撰稿人 |
[06:47] | That’s all him. | 都是他自己说的 |
[06:48] | Okay, don’t rub it in. | 别哪壶不开提哪壶了 |
[06:56] | Russell. | 拉塞尔 |
[06:57] | I just got the message. | 我刚收到信息 |
[06:58] | Everything okay? | 都还好吗 |
[06:59] | He’s fine. | 他没事 |
[07:00] | He just needs to take a beat. | 他只是需要歇歇 |
[07:02] | Well, how long is a beat? | 要歇多久 |
[07:03] | The Attorney General is waiting, | 司法部长还等着了 |
[07:05] | right now, with a letter to sign for Congress. | 就是现在 还有一份等待签署的致国会的信 |
[07:08] | He wants to make sure he’s ready. | 他希望确定他准备好了 |
[07:10] | What are we talking here? | 我们这是说什么呢 |
[07:11] | Another day? | 再歇一天吗 |
[07:12] | Some time to think? | 花点时间思考吗 |
[07:14] | I don’t want to be the last to know, Russell. | 我不希望最后一个知道 拉塞尔 |
[07:17] | If I had my run, I want to admit it. | 如果我不行 我希望能承认 |
[07:19] | Sir, a team of the best neurologists in the country | 阁下 全国最优秀的神经学家组成的小组 |
[07:23] | unanimously agrees: | 一致同意 |
[07:23] | you’re fully capable of resuming your duty. | 您完全具备重新执政的能力 |
[07:26] | They also said the effects could be ongoing. | 他们也说过 影响可能还会继续 |
[07:29] | Which we will monitor, address, if necessary. | 所以我们会监控 处理 在需要的时候 |
[07:32] | I know you, sir. | 我了解您 阁下 |
[07:34] | Once you get your legs under you, you’ll be fine. | 一旦您站了起来 您就没事了 |
[07:39] | We’ve been here before. | 我们之前也经历过 |
[07:44] | I need some time. | 我需要些时间 |
[07:49] | We can, uh, we can push it a day. | 我们 我们能再拖延一天 |
[07:53] | He’ll take the time he needs, Russell. | 他需要多久就休息多久 拉塞尔 |
[07:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:18] | – Welcome back, ma’am. – Morning. | -欢迎回来 国务卿 -早上好 |
[08:20] | – Ma’am. – Oh, I can guess what this is about. | -国务卿 -我能猜到是为了什么事 |
[08:22] | Press is all over me about Dalton refusing | 媒体都把我围住了 因为道尔顿 |
[08:24] | to return to office. | 拒绝复职 |
[08:25] | The President is spending a few days at Camp David | 总统不过是与夫人在戴维营 |
[08:27] | with the first lady. | 多待几天而已 |
[08:28] | Who said he’s refusing? | 谁说他拒绝复职 |
[08:30] | I-Is it a health concern? | 是健康原因吗 |
[08:31] | This is just me asking. | 我这是私下问问 |
[08:32] | Also, the whole country. | 也是全国民众想知道的 |
[08:34] | The President has a perfectly clean bill of health, | 总统健康状况良好 |
[08:37] | but he has also just had major brain surgery, | 但他刚刚经历了脑部手术 |
[08:40] | so he wants to make sure that he’s fully recovered | 他要确保自己完全康复 |
[08:41] | before he takes over the toughest job on the planet. | 才能接管这世界上最艰巨的工作 |
[08:45] | Where’s Jay? | 杰伊呢 |
[08:46] | There’s a childcare issue. | 处理孩子的事情去了 |
[08:47] | He said “ten minutes, tops,” | 他说”最多十分钟” |
[08:48] | but I-it’s a half hour. | 但估计没半小时回不来 |
[08:49] | I moved the morning meeting. | 我改了早会的时间 |
[08:50] | Ma’am, I have some news that probably shouldn’t wait. | 国务卿 我有紧急消息需要汇报 |
[08:54] | We’re getting reports from UNICEF that | 联合国儿童基金会报告称 |
[08:56] | a massive number of Rohingya– Myanmar’s Muslim population– | 大批罗兴亚人 也就是缅甸的穆斯林 |
[08:58] | are flooding across the border into Bangladesh. | 正从边境涌入孟加拉国 |
[09:01] | When did that start? | 什么时候的事 |
[09:03] | Well, from what UNICEF’s hearing, | 联合国儿童基金会得到的消息是 |
[09:05] | the Rohingya are fleeing some kind of violence | 罗兴亚人两天前开始遭到暴力镇压 |
[09:06] | that started two days ago. | 随后便开始逃离 |
[09:07] | How many refugees? Do we have an estimate? | 有多少难民 有大概的数字吗 |
[09:08] | Well, enough for Bangladesh to call for emergency assistance. | 多到孟加拉国请求紧急救援 |
[09:11] | They’re already overpopulated with not a lot of resources, | 孟加拉国本身人口过多 资源压力极大 |
[09:14] | but the estimates are | 预计大约有 |
[09:15] | in the hundreds of thousands and growing. | 数十万人 而且还在不断增加 |
[09:17] | Let’s reach out to the U.N.– | 我们联系一下联合国 |
[09:19] | has President Khaing said anything about this? | 卡因总统有没有回应此事 |
[09:22] | Not that I’ve seen. | 据我所知没有 |
[09:23] | – Blake. – I’ll set up a meeting. | -布莱克 -我去安排会面 |
[09:25] | – As soon as possible. – Yes, ma’am. | -越快越好 -是 国务卿 |
[09:27] | There’s a history of ethnic tension in the region. | 该地区民族关系历来比较紧张 |
[09:29] | Maybe the military can get it under control. | 或许军方出面可以控制事态 |
[09:32] | Unless it’s the military perpetrating the, uh, violence. | 如果这场动乱是军方挑起的 就不好说了 |
[09:34] | There was an attack a few weeks ago by a Muslim separatist group | 几周前一个穆斯林分裂主义组织 |
[09:37] | on some Burmese police. | 袭击了缅甸警方 |
[09:38] | This could be retaliation. | 这有可能是报复 |
[09:39] | A state crackdown leading to a mass exodus | 政府镇压演变成大规模避难 |
[09:43] | would be extremely troubling. | 会很棘手 |
[09:44] | Particularly | 尤其是 |
[09:45] | when we’re about to present their first | 在我们将要向该国首位民主选举的领导人 |
[09:47] | democratically-elected leader the Medal of Freedom. | 总统自由勋章的时候 |
[09:50] | I mean, somebody has to think about the optics. | 总得有人考虑外部影响 |
[09:52] | Hey. Party in here. | 哇 大家都在这 |
[09:54] | Muslims fleeing Myanmar, | 穆斯林逃离缅甸 |
[09:56] | humanitarian crisis, possible ethnic cleansing. | 人道主义危机 可能发生种族清洗 |
[09:58] | Hold on. We don’t know enough to call it “ethnic cleansing.” | 等等 现在就定义为”种族清洗”还太早 |
[10:03] | Oh, except the Rohingya have kind of been living | 罗兴亚人数十年来都处于 |
[10:05] | in apartheid-like conditions for generations. | 形同种族隔离的状态 这还不够 |
[10:08] | They were rounded up and put in camps | 他们被集中起来关进收容所严加管制 |
[10:09] | as recently as– what was it– 2012? | 这也就是2012的事吧 也不是很久 |
[10:11] | It’s a country at a crossroads; | 这个国家目前正面临抉择 |
[10:13] | they’re part democracy, | 处于半民主 |
[10:14] | part military dictatorship. | 半军事独裁状态 |
[10:16] | They’re still trying to come to terms with their colonial past, | 他们既要摆脱被殖民的影响 |
[10:20] | building a new economy… | 又要建立新的经济 |
[10:21] | We… we have to help them go the right way here. | 我们得帮助他们走上正轨 |
[10:25] | I just want to know when it’s Myanmar | 我想知道什么时候用缅甸联邦 |
[10:27] | and when it’s Burma. | 什么时候用缅甸 |
[10:28] | Well, officially, it’s Myanmar, | 官方英文名称是缅甸联邦 |
[10:29] | but the country still keeps the old colonial name. | 但他们还保留了殖民时期的旧称 |
[10:32] | And the old colonial borders, | 被保留下来的还有殖民时期的国界 |
[10:34] | which is why the Buddhists feel | 所以佛教徒认为 |
[10:35] | that the Muslim Rohingya should have ended up in Bangladesh. | 作为穆斯林的罗兴亚人应该留在孟加拉国 |
[10:38] | President Khaing is leading a prayer | 卡因总统正带领信众 |
[10:40] | at the Great River Buddhist temple, | 在大河寺做佛事 |
[10:42] | then I’m told he’s booked for the rest of the day. | 而且他今天其他时间都有安排了 |
[10:44] | Well, then, I guess we’re about to go pray. Shall we? | 那我们也只能去拜佛了 |
[10:49] | President Khaing? | 卡因总统 |
[10:51] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[10:53] | So good to see you again, Madam Secretary. | 很高兴又见面了 国务卿女士 |
[10:55] | We’re just about to begin. | 我们正打算开始 |
[10:57] | We’re not actually gonna stay. | 我们说完就走 |
[10:58] | This is my policy advisor, Kat Sandoval. | 这位是我的高级政策顾问凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[11:00] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[11:02] | If we could just have a moment of your time. | 能否介借一步说话 |
[11:04] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:09] | We’ve had numerous reports of your Rohingya people | 我们得到消息称贵国罗兴亚人 |
[11:12] | fleeing some kind of violence in your country. | 因遭暴力镇压正逃往别国避难 |
[11:15] | And we just wanted to offer whatever support we can | 我们将竭尽所能 |
[11:19] | to help you address this crisis. | 帮助贵国处理这一危机 |
[11:21] | What kind of reports? | 具体是什么消息 |
[11:24] | Refugee camps in Bangladesh | 孟加拉国的难民营 |
[11:26] | are being overwhelmed by the Rohingya people. | 涌入大批罗兴亚人 不堪其重 |
[11:29] | Adults, as well as children, | 难民有成人也有儿童 |
[11:31] | are saying that they’re being driven out. | 均声称受到驱逐 |
[11:33] | Great trouble with the Bengali. | 班加里一直是个大麻烦 |
[11:36] | It is both new | 既是新矛盾 |
[11:36] | and goes back to the very beginning of our country. | 其根源又能追溯到建国之初 |
[11:38] | But the United States has its own immigration troubles. | 但美国也有移民问题 |
[11:41] | I’m sure you can understand. | 相信两位能理解 |
[11:43] | Well, I’m not sure it’s an immigration issue, | 这是否是移民问题还有待商榷 |
[11:45] | when these people have lived in the Rikhine State for… | 毕竟这些民众已经在若开邦居住了 |
[11:47] | generations. | 数十年了 |
[11:49] | But, right now, we’re just trying | 但现在我们只是想搞清楚 |
[11:52] | to understand what exactly is happening. | 真实情况 |
[11:54] | As always with these matters, | 此类事件通常很复杂 |
[11:56] | it’s very complicated. | 这也不例外 |
[11:57] | There was recently a violent attack | 近期 缅甸国内 |
[11:59] | by an Islamic insurgency against our Burmese police forces. | 发生一起穆斯林叛乱分子暴力袭警事件 |
[12:03] | Perhaps the fear of retaliation prompted the sudden migrat… | 可能是害怕警方报复才有了这次迁 |
[12:05] | What we’re hearing, Mr. President, | 总统先生 据我们所知 |
[12:07] | are confirmed reports of ongoing violence. | 大量可靠报道称 暴力事件持续发生 |
[12:09] | Specifically targeting the Rohingya people. | 并且针对罗兴亚人 |
[12:11] | We prefer to call these people | 我们通常将这些人称作 |
[12:14] | the Muslims of the Rikhine State. | 若开邦的穆斯林 |
[12:16] | I’ll confer with my advisors on this matter | 我会向我的顾问确认此事 |
[12:19] | and we’ll talk again when I know more. | 如有消息马上和您联系 |
[12:22] | – Thank you for your concern. – Of course. | -感谢您对此事的关心 -不客气 |
[12:27] | Why won’t he call them Rohingya? | 他为什么不叫他们罗兴亚人 |
[12:29] | And since when is a refugee crisis | 而且什么时候把难民危机 |
[12:30] | a spontaneous self-deportation? | 称作自我流放了 |
[12:32] | I hate to say it, but I cannot believe | 尽管不想承认 但真是不敢相信 |
[12:33] | this is the guy we’re honoring. | 我们敬重的人居然是这样的面目 |
[12:34] | We need to figure out what’s really going on. | 我们必须找出真相 |
[12:39] | Oh, there she is. | 终于见到我的小侄女了 |
[12:41] | – Hey, Aunt Maureen. – Come here, you. | -莫琳姑妈 -快过来让我抱抱 |
[12:44] | The best therapy in the world right here. | 真是我的疗伤妙药 |
[12:46] | – So great to see you. – Oh, look at you, so beautiful. | -见到您真高兴 -我家小姑娘真漂亮 |
[12:49] | – Where’s Jace? – He’s at Piper’s. | -小杰去哪了 -他在派珀家 |
[12:51] | He promised he’ll be back for dinner. | 他说保证回来吃晚饭 |
[12:52] | Who’s this Piper I keep hearing about? | 我老是听你们说起派珀 到底是谁 |
[12:54] | She’s, like, the female Jace, only actually cool. | 她就像女版小杰 不过真的特别酷 |
[12:58] | You want a cup of tea, Mo? | 要不要来杯茶 小莫 |
[13:00] | Uh, sure, I’ll have, uh, something herbal. | 好啊 来杯花草茶 |
[13:04] | I got you a little something. | 我给你带了件小礼物 |
[13:06] | You didn’t have to do that. | 您太客气了 |
[13:08] | I told the guy at the art store | 我和艺术品商店的人说 |
[13:10] | that my niece was a professional designer. | 我侄女是职业设计师 |
[13:12] | Hopefully someday. | 借您吉言 |
[13:14] | These are great. | 太好看了 |
[13:17] | You sure? | 真的吗 |
[13:18] | The guy wasn’t taking me for a ride? | 我有没有被店员骗了 |
[13:20] | No, they’re perfect. Thank you so much. | 没有 真的很美 太谢谢您了 |
[13:22] | Oh. Oh, I wish your grandfather could see you | 真希望你爷爷能看到你现在这样 |
[13:25] | making your own clothes, so professional. | 自己设计衣服 这么专业 |
[13:26] | Oh, he would’ve crushed that dream right out of you. | 他肯定会扫你的兴 |
[13:28] | Stop it. He would not. | 别说了 他才不会 |
[13:30] | Why don’t I show you some of the stuff I’m working on? | 要不要来看看我正在做的作品 |
[13:32] | – That’d be great. – Here you go. | -好呀 -茶来了 |
[13:34] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[13:35] | Oh, I got something for you, too. | 我也给你带了点东西 |
[13:36] | What is it, Christmas? | 这是怎么了 圣诞节到了吗 |
[13:37] | I just found it in a drawer. | 我在一个抽屉里找到了这个 |
[13:40] | Oh. Dad’s old knife. | 老爸的军刀 |
[13:42] | He had it all the time, remember? | 他一直带在身边 还记得吗 |
[13:44] | There’s a little release right here. | 这有个保险扣 |
[13:46] | Yeah, I know how to… | 我知道怎么打开 |
[13:48] | Almost forgot about this. | 差点忘了 |
[13:49] | I know he would have wanted you to have it. | 我知道他想把这个给你 |
[13:51] | Don’t tell Shane. | 可别告诉沙恩 |
[13:52] | Oh, listen, i just got a text from Elizabeth. | 对了 伊丽莎白刚刚给我发了消息 |
[13:54] | She’s really sorry, | 她很抱歉 |
[13:55] | but she is not gonna make it home for dinner tonight. | 今晚没法回来一起吃晚饭了 |
[13:57] | – Called it. – Oh, what a shame. | -就说说不得 -太遗憾了 |
[13:58] | And I was even making her favorite chicken | 我还做了她最喜欢的 |
[14:00] | with mushroom sauce. | 蘑菇酱汁鸡肉呢 |
[14:01] | She really wanted to welcome you. | 她特别想帮你接风 |
[14:02] | Well, let’s do it tomorrow night, | 那就改到明天呗 |
[14:03] | when we can all be together. | 等大家都有空了再聚 |
[14:04] | I mean, I don’t need a red carpet. | 又不用铺个红毯来迎接我 |
[14:05] | Why don’t we order in? | 不如今晚叫外卖吧 |
[14:07] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[14:09] | What are we in the mood for? | 想吃什么 |
[14:10] | We like Thai. | 我们喜欢泰餐 |
[14:12] | Thai sounds great. | 听着不错 |
[14:13] | – I’ll get a menu. – Great. | -我去拿个菜单 -好 |
[14:16] | Uh, all right, well, listen, i’ll get your bag upstairs. | 我帮你把包拎上楼 |
[14:17] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 不用不用 |
[14:19] | – I’ll take, take care of it, no problem. – You sure? | -我能搞定 -真的不用帮忙吗 |
[14:20] | – Oh, yep, yep, yep. – Okay. Second door on the left. | -真的不用 -好吧 左边第二间 |
[14:22] | All right, well, it’s good to see you, brother. | 很高兴见到你 弟弟 |
[14:28] | You, too. | 我也是 |
[14:29] | Sure. | 我知道 |
[14:34] | Donna! Donna, hey. | 唐娜 唐娜 等等 |
[14:35] | I saw your e-mail. | 我看到你的邮件了 |
[14:36] | I am late for a department meeting. | 我有一个部门会议快要迟到了 |
[14:38] | Can we talk after? | 能不能晚点再谈 |
[14:39] | Well, did you actually read my e-mail? | 你真的读了我的邮件了吗 |
[14:40] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure a massacre | 我很确定 大屠杀 |
[14:41] | takes precedence over a department meeting. | 绝对比部门会议重要多了 |
[14:43] | Unless I’m missing something. | 除非你有什么事情瞒着我 |
[14:48] | We’re looking at a humanitarian crisis in Myanmar. | 缅甸发生了人道主义危机事件 |
[14:51] | President Khaing still hasn’t released a statement. | 而卡因总统还未发表任何声明 |
[14:54] | Of course, he won’t say the name | 当然了 他不会直呼那些 |
[14:55] | of the people being slaughtered. | 被屠杀的民众的名称 |
[14:56] | Rohingya is a contested term. The Buddhist majority… | 罗兴亚人这个称呼很有争议 主流佛教徒 |
[14:58] | …see the Muslim minority as illegal immigrants | 将穆斯林少数派视作来自孟加拉国的 |
[15:01] | from Bangladesh, so they prefer “Bengali”. | 非法移民 所以称其为”班加里” |
[15:03] | Our newly elected humanitarian icon seems to be | 我们这位新当选的人道主义偶像 |
[15:05] | turning a blind eye to ethnic cleansing. | 似乎对本国发生的种族清洗熟视无睹 |
[15:06] | President Khaing is avoiding taking sides because he can’t. | 卡因总统无法支持任何一方 所以他没有表明立场 |
[15:09] | That’s a little hard to swallow | 我们即将授予他 |
[15:10] | when we’re about to present him | 总统自由勋章 |
[15:12] | with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. | 这态度有点难以接受 |
[15:13] | But you know what? We will table that. | 不过这事可以先搁置 |
[15:15] | Right now I need | 我现在需要的是 |
[15:16] | a full report on military and police activity | 关于缅甸军方及警方 |
[15:19] | in the Rikhine State of Myanmar over the last year | 去年在若开邦的活动的全面报告 |
[15:21] | and a detailed record of the last week. | 及其在过去一周中的详细活动记录 |
[15:22] | – I’ll pull together what we have… – Great. | -我会汇总我们手头的信息 -很好 |
[15:24] | …but there isn’t much. | 但并没有多少 |
[15:26] | Donna, can I ask why I have NGOs on the ground | 堂娜 为什么我在民间非政府机构 |
[15:29] | giving me more information than our own East Asia desk? | 得到的信息比在你这儿得到的还要多 |
[15:32] | Because operating on an official level with Myanmar | 因为现时和缅甸在官方层面打交道 |
[15:34] | right now is complex. | 很复杂 |
[15:35] | Well, it’s al– it’s always complex. | 可是这个问题一向复杂 |
[15:37] | What? It’s diplomacy. | 这就是外交 |
[15:39] | What are we talking about here? | 你指的到底是什么 |
[15:40] | I’m going to say something that may sound impertinent, | 这样说可能不恰当 |
[15:42] | but for President Khaing’s sake, | 但看在卡因总统的份上 |
[15:44] | I respectfully request that we not look further | 我恳请现在不要深究 |
[15:47] | into the actions of the Burmese military right now. | 缅甸军队的行动 |
[15:51] | Agreed on the impertinent part. | 的确很不恰当 |
[15:52] | Now I get to ask: why? | 现在我要问 为什么 |
[15:53] | The election of President Khaing is nothing short | 卡因总统的当选 |
[15:56] | of a political miracle in Southeast Asia. | 是东南亚的一个政治奇迹 |
[15:58] | But it only happened because General Bo Htun | 但这不过是因为薄熙屯将军 |
[16:01] | agreed to let his country’s most famous dissident | 在自己掌握大权的前提下 |
[16:04] | have a small measure of power as long as Bo Htun | 同意让这位出名的不同政见者 |
[16:06] | kept most control for himself. | 拥有一点小权力罢了 |
[16:08] | If State starts throwing its weight around too soon, | 如果我们太早施加压力 |
[16:11] | we risk undermining Khaing at a crucial moment | 就会在他总统任期的关键时刻 |
[16:13] | in his presidency. | 危及他的利益 |
[16:15] | To put it more bluntly, this is his fight, not ours. | 说直白点这是他的战斗 我们不该插手 |
[16:22] | I’ll let you get to your meeting. | 你还是快去开会吧 |
[16:27] | We have a situation. | 情况是这样的 |
[16:28] | We now have an estimate of more than 100,000 | 现在估计有超过十万名 |
[16:32] | Rohingya refugees fleeing Myanmar. | 罗兴亚难民逃离缅甸 |
[16:34] | And the newly elected president is denying | 而新上任的总统否认 |
[16:36] | that any violence took place. | 有任何暴力事件的发生 |
[16:38] | My own people are telling us to leave it alone, | 我的属下叫我们不要插手 |
[16:41] | and the whole thing is going to blow up | 整件事正在发展为 |
[16:42] | into an international story. | 牵涉甚广的国际性事件 |
[16:44] | Just as Conrad is about to present their president | 就在康拉德将要向他们的总统 |
[16:46] | with our highest honor. | 授予我们的最高荣誉时 |
[16:48] | Well, my greater concern is another situation like Bosnia | 我更担心的是 在大屠杀一触即发 |
[16:51] | or Rwanda, when the world stood by | 其他国家对此袖手旁观的情形下 |
[16:53] | while a massacre went unchecked. | 缅甸会变成另一个波斯尼亚或卢旺达 |
[16:55] | Where’s the U.N. On this? | 这个时候应该找联合国 |
[16:56] | Well, we’re all trying to confirm whether this was | 我们正尽全力查明这是 |
[16:58] | a state-ordered crackdown | 官方指挥的镇压行动 |
[17:00] | of some kind or violence between vigilante groups. | 或是民间组织间的暴力行为 |
[17:03] | Once we know what’s happening, then we can talk interventions. | 在讨论如何处理前要先弄清情况 |
[17:06] | I can reach out | 我可以联系 |
[17:06] | to the supreme commander of the Burmese Army, | 缅甸军队的最高指挥官 |
[17:08] | but if the president isn’t willing to talk… | 但如果总统不愿进行谈话… |
[17:10] | I’m proposing military drone surveillance. | 我提议用军用无人机进行监视 |
[17:13] | – Violating their airspace? – If they’re not willing | -侵犯他们领空吗 -如果他们不愿意 |
[17:15] | to tell us what’s going on, then we have to find out for ourselves. | 告诉我们事实 我们就自己寻找真相 |
[17:18] | Well, it’s a provocative move | 这是对刚上任不久的卡因总统 |
[17:19] | so soon into Khaing’s first term. | 的一种挑衅 |
[17:21] | China won’t be happy. | 中国会为此生气的 |
[17:23] | Conrad is back in office in two days. | 康拉德两天后就会回来 |
[17:25] | I say it’s his call. | 等他回来再联系缅甸方 |
[17:27] | Might be best not to wait. | 最好不要等他了 |
[17:30] | Meaning what? | 什么意思 |
[17:32] | The situation’s evolving. | 情况正发生变化 |
[17:33] | Precisely why I think | 这正是我认为 |
[17:35] | Dalton should be the one to decide | 应该由道尔顿 |
[17:37] | about committing our military assets. | 决定调动我们军事力量的原因 |
[17:39] | Not that situation. | 我是指道尔顿自身的情况 |
[17:43] | Is he all right? | 他还好吗 |
[17:46] | There’s no health issue. | 他很健康 |
[17:48] | That’s all I can say right now. | 这是我现时仅能奉告的 |
[17:51] | You should make the call on Myanmar. | 应该由你联系缅甸 |
[17:59] | Order the surveillance. | 下令开展监视吧 |
[18:14] | So, are we still gonna be here next week? | 我们将在这里待到下周吗 |
[18:20] | I can’t say yet. | 难说 |
[18:23] | I think once you get back in the swing of things… | 你一旦回到对事情摇摆不定的状态… |
[18:25] | The presidency doesn’t “Swing.” | 总统的职责并不会摇摆 |
[18:28] | It comes at you, every minute. | 它每时每刻都冲你而来 |
[18:30] | Dr. Hubbard says you’re ready. | 哈德伯医生说你准备好了 |
[18:31] | Dr. Hubbard isn’t in my head. | 她不是我肚子里的蛔虫 |
[18:36] | She also couldn’t rule out the chance of a recurrence. | 她也不能排除复发的可能性 |
[18:38] | A very small chance. | 复发几率很小 |
[18:41] | Not much bigger than anyone else’s chance. | 不比其他人的高 |
[18:46] | Look, you’ll do what you always do. | 听着 你会做你一直做的事 |
[18:51] | Consider the facts, | 考虑事实 |
[18:54] | then trust your instincts. | 然后相信直觉 |
[18:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:01] | Good evening, from McClendon University in Sacramento. | 晚上好 这里是麦克伦登大学 |
[19:04] | Tonight in the race for governor, | 在今晚的州长竞选中 |
[19:07] | we present the only debate between our two candidates, | 我们将呈现两位候选人间的唯一辩论 |
[19:10] | former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, | 他们是前中央情报局局长康拉德·道尔顿 |
[19:12] | Conrad Dalton and incumbent Jack Dunn. | 和现任局长杰克·邓恩 |
[19:18] | Good evening, California. | 加州的同志们 晚上好 |
[19:21] | I’m Daffy Duck. | 我是达菲鸭 |
[19:22] | And you’re despicable. | 你可真卑鄙 |
[19:24] | Quack, quack, quack. | [鸭叫声] |
[19:26] | So, I guess I’m Bugs Bunny. | 那我是兔八哥咯 |
[19:30] | Are we good? | 没问题吧 |
[19:31] | Yep, we’re good out here. | 这边没问题 |
[19:32] | Can you bring Mr. Dalton’s key light down | 请问你能把照在道尔顿先生身上的灯光 |
[19:34] | about two percent, please? | 调低百分之二吗 |
[19:42] | Hey, we’re just, uh, finishing sound check. | 我们刚完成音效检查 |
[19:45] | You almost here? | 你快到了吗 |
[19:53] | I want the flags… | 那边的旗子… |
[19:54] | He gave them my name? | 他把我的名字告诉他们了 |
[19:56] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[19:59] | When was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[20:06] | Tell them I’ll be there as soon as I can. | 告诉他们我会尽快赶到 |
[20:08] | Yeah. Love you. Bye. | 爱你 再见 |
[20:15] | – Hey, Ben. – One sec, we’re almost done. | -本 -等一下 我们快搞定了 |
[20:17] | Ben. | 本 |
[20:21] | I, uh, I need to get to Los Angeles. | 我得去趟洛杉矶 |
[20:25] | Uh, absolutely, we’ll, we’ll get you a ride tonight. | 放心 我们今晚会送你过去 |
[20:28] | I need to go now. | 我现在就要出发 |
[20:29] | The debate starts in two hours. | 辩论赛在两小时内开始 |
[20:31] | It’s an emergency situation. | 情况很紧急 |
[20:39] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[20:41] | I can’t really get into it. | 我还没完全弄清楚 |
[20:42] | I’m sorry to ask, but is someone dying? | 冒昧地问 有人要死了吗 |
[20:44] | – No, no, nothing like that. – Good. | -不 不是那样 -那就好 |
[20:47] | ‘Cause unless someone is dying right now, | 因为除非关乎人命 |
[20:51] | you can’t miss this debate. You can’t. | 不然你不能错过这次辩论 |
[20:53] | I’m afraid I have to go. | 恐怕我得走了 |
[20:55] | So you’re forfeiting the entire campaign | 所以你现在要放弃整个竞选 |
[20:58] | and you can’t even give me a reason why? | 却连理由都不告诉我吗 |
[21:00] | I don’t have a choice. | 我别无选择 |
[21:01] | Yeah. Oh, yeah, you do. | 你有 |
[21:03] | Then this is what I’m choosing. | 这就是我选择的 |
[21:05] | I’m sorry, Ben. | 本 对不起 |
[21:07] | I’m sorry, everybody. | 大家 对不起 |
[21:11] | I’ll call you from the road. | 我在路上再打给你 |
[21:12] | Great. | 好极了 |
[21:13] | We’ll, uh, we’ll figure it out. | 我们会想出办法解决的 |
[21:17] | Nothing to figure out. | 没什么需要解决的了 |
[21:30] | Your brother was brought in around 4:10 today | 你哥哥是大约今天4点10分被送到这里的 |
[21:32] | with multiple fractures to his left forearm and wrist | 伴有左前臂和手腕的多发性骨折 |
[21:35] | and severe facial contusions. | 还有一些面部挫伤 |
[21:37] | The social worker said there was a violent altercation | 社工们说当时收容所内 |
[21:39] | at the men’s shelter. | 有激烈的争吵 |
[21:41] | He also seemed to be experiencing delusions, | 他似乎还有一些幻觉 |
[21:43] | possibly due to alcohol withdrawal. | 很可能是戒酒造成的 |
[21:46] | He’s schizoaffective. | 他有精神分裂症 |
[21:48] | Depressive type. | 抑郁类型的 |
[21:50] | Must be going through an episode. | 他一定经历了很多 |
[21:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:53] | So, you’ve not been in touch with your brother? | 你和你哥哥一直没有联系吗 |
[21:56] | He disappeared from a psychiatric hospital | 三年前 他从康涅狄格州的 |
[21:58] | in Connecticut three years ago. | 一所精神病院逃了出去 |
[22:01] | Hutton Presbyterian. | 那所医院叫赫顿长老会 |
[22:04] | The family’s been looking for him every day. | 我们一家人每天都在找他 |
[22:06] | We’ll reach out to Hutton for his records. | 我们将联系长老会医院取得他的病史 |
[22:08] | Right now we have him on a benzodiazepine | 我们现在给他服用苯二氮 |
[22:10] | to calm the delusions. | 让他镇静下来 |
[22:11] | You’re gonna want to get him on an SSRI. | 可以考虑给他服用抗抑郁药物 |
[22:13] | – That worked for a time. – Okay. | -曾经很有效 -好的 |
[22:16] | Thank you, Dr.Guskin. | 古斯金医生 谢谢你 |
[22:17] | It’s good he reached out to you. | 他联系到你实在太好了 |
[22:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:25] | Maybe I’ll look into a hotel room. | 我可能会在酒店订个房间 |
[22:27] | It’s wait and see at this point. | 现阶段要做的就是等待和观察 |
[22:30] | Lydia, I’ll call you back. | 莉迪亚 我迟些打给你 |
[22:31] | Yeah. Love you. | 爱你 |
[22:35] | John. Hey. | 约翰 |
[22:37] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[22:40] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[22:43] | Well, they said you gave them my name. | 医院说你把我的名字告诉他们了 |
[22:47] | I must’ve been out of my mind. | 我一定是脑袋秀逗了 |
[22:53] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你太好了 |
[22:54] | You look like hell. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[22:58] | Want a drink of water? | 喝点水吗 |
[23:14] | Where the hell you been, you dumbass? | 你这个混蛋之前到底去哪了 |
[23:18] | Gone. | 我离开了 |
[23:22] | Well, you’re back now. | 你现在回来了 |
[23:25] | I got you. | 我找到你了 |
[23:29] | Oh, wasn’t that beautiful? | 实在太美了 |
[23:31] | I felt like I just spent the morning in Paris. | 我感觉自己整个上午都在巴黎 |
[23:33] | Please. It was like one long celebration of the bourgeoisie | 不是吧 这就如对资产阶级的无限颂扬 |
[23:37] | and now we have an endless array | 现在还有一大批 |
[23:38] | of tchotchkes to prove it. | 这样的产品来加以证明 |
[23:42] | You think Erin would like this scarf? | 你觉得艾琳会喜欢这条围巾吗 |
[23:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:45] | She’s probably not bourgeois enough. | 她并不够资产阶级 |
[23:47] | There’s nothing more unbearable than a college freshman. | 没有比大学新生更难以忍受的事物了 |
[23:50] | I wouldn’t know much about that, would I? | 看来我知道的太少了 是吧 |
[23:52] | I’m starving. | 我肚子饿了 |
[23:53] | Could we go get something to eat? | 我们去找点吃的吧 |
[23:54] | Just come here a minute. | 过来一下 |
[23:56] | You know, you know, | 你知道的 |
[23:57] | Maureen’s been looking forward to this. | 莫琳一直很期待来这里 |
[23:58] | She doesn’t get a lot of fun in her life. | 她的生活没有多少乐趣 |
[24:00] | Who’s stopping her from having fun? | 又不是我造成的 |
[24:01] | I was just stating my opinion. | 我只是在表达我的观点 |
[24:03] | Look, I know that it seems sophisticated | 听着 我知道把一切都反驳倒 |
[24:04] | to cut everything down, but the actual sign | 会显得很厉害 但真正善良的标志 |
[24:06] | of a fine mind is the ability to engage | 是不加评判地 |
[24:09] | in a broad spectrum of culture without judging it. | 融进各种文化中 |
[24:12] | And by the way, | 顺便说下 |
[24:13] | Renoir is not just a celebration of the bourgeoisie. | 雷诺阿的作品并不只是对资产阶级的颂扬 |
[24:17] | Sorry for being unsophisticated. | 抱歉 我没有考虑那么多 |
[24:20] | Should I go apologize? | 我该去道歉吗 |
[24:22] | Just… | 只需要 |
[24:24] | take a little time and get to know your aunt. | 花点时间了解你的姑姑 |
[24:25] | She’s a sharp lady. Ask her a question. | 她是位机敏的女士 去问她问题 |
[24:27] | You might learn something. | 你会学到些东西的 |
[24:31] | Ma’am, I am so sorry to interrupt, | 国务卿 很抱歉打扰你 |
[24:33] | but we just got the report back | 我们刚收到来自 |
[24:34] | from the military surveillance over Myanmar. | 缅甸的军事侦察报告 |
[24:36] | It is not good. | 情况并不乐观 |
[24:41] | These villages look carpet-bombed. | 这些村庄看起来像被地毯式轰炸过 |
[24:43] | Defense confirms it’s military action. | 国防部证实 的确是军事行动 |
[24:46] | General Bo Htun sent in troops | 薄熙屯将军派军队 |
[24:48] | to burn everything to the ground | 将一切都夷为平地 |
[24:49] | and drive out the Rohingya population. | 并且驱赶了罗兴亚民众 |
[24:51] | There’s evidence of mass graves. | 有大量伤亡的证据 |
[24:55] | So we are looking at ethnic cleansing. | 所以我们看到的是种族清洗 |
[24:58] | Yep. Textbook case. | 对 是个典型案例 |
[25:00] | Well, now the question is did this begin | 现在的问题就是 |
[25:03] | the day that President Khaing left the country | 这次行动发生在卡宁总统出国的这一天 |
[25:06] | because the military didn’t want him | 是因为军队不想 |
[25:08] | to know about it or because | 让他知道这次行动 |
[25:09] | they were providing him with a cover? | 还是他们在给他打掩护 |
[25:13] | One way he’s completely powerless | 如果是前者 他没有实权 |
[25:14] | and the other way, he is complicit. | 如果是后者 他就是共犯 |
[25:17] | Either way, our honored guest is a potential war criminal. | 总之我们尊贵的客人可能是个战犯 |
[25:24] | What do we do next? | 接下来我们做什么 |
[25:24] | Find out what he knows. | 查出他知道些什么 |
[25:26] | Either leverage the heck out of him or offer him our help. | 要么跟他谈判 要么给他提供帮助 |
[25:30] | You know, I might have something | 也许我有些 |
[25:31] | that could help with the leveraging. | 能够对谈判有帮助的东西 |
[25:40] | My supreme commander assures me there’ve been no actions | 我的最高指挥官向我保证 |
[25:42] | against innocent civilians. | 平民不会受到伤害 |
[25:44] | These are whole villages burned to the ground. | 这些村庄都已经被夷为平地了 |
[25:47] | This can’t simply be people retreating | 这不可能仅仅是人们 |
[25:51] | in fear of retaliation. | 因为害怕被报复而撤退 |
[25:52] | This is ethnic cleansing. | 这是种族清洗 |
[25:54] | I must reject this inflammatory terminology. | 我拒绝使用这个具有煽动性的术语 |
[25:58] | These clearance operations targeted Bengali terrorists | 这些清洗行动针对的是孟加拉的恐怖分子 |
[26:01] | who killed our security officers and stole their weapons. | 这些人杀了我们的安保人员而且偷了他们的武器 |
[26:04] | Acts of lawlessness must be answered. | 无视法律的行为必须得到回应 |
[26:06] | Of course, but there are ways to enforce laws | 的确 但是也有其他保卫法律的方法 |
[26:10] | without violating the human rights | 可以避免侵害到 |
[26:11] | of your own citizens. | 你自己国民的人权 |
[26:15] | My people suffered 50 years under a military dictatorship. | 我的人民已经忍受了五十年军事独裁了 |
[26:20] | This type of autocracy thrives on hatred and suspicion | 这种类型的独裁主义是靠仇恨和猜疑 |
[26:25] | to keep its people divided. | 来维持其人民的分裂 |
[26:26] | To bring Myanmar together will take time, | 让缅甸人民团结需要时间 |
[26:32] | economic growth, | 经济增长 |
[26:34] | the painstaking work of cultural inclusion, | 文化包容的艰苦工作 |
[26:36] | but I cannot unite my people | 但当极端主义威胁他们时 |
[26:39] | when they are threatened by extremists | 我无法团结人民 |
[26:40] | who seek to annihilate the very culture | 因为极端分子想要消灭 |
[26:42] | that has hosted them for generations. | 他们世世代代的文化 |
[26:47] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:49] | There’s… | 还有… |
[26:52] | one other thing that I wanted to share with you. | 另一件我想告诉你的事情 |
[26:54] | These are drawings that were done | 这些画是几天前 |
[26:57] | a couple of days ago by Rohingya children | 罗辛亚孩子们 |
[27:01] | in a UNICEF camp in Bangladesh. | 在孟加拉国的联合国儿童基金会营地画的 |
[27:05] | These are people fleeing a burning village | 这些人正在逃离这个燃烧的村庄 |
[27:09] | under what appears to be a military helicopter. | 这上面显然是军用直升机 |
[27:16] | These are… | 这是 |
[27:17] | soldiers killing this boy’s family. | 士兵在杀害这个男孩的家人 |
[27:19] | That’s his younger brother | 这是他的弟弟 |
[27:20] | being burned and shot. | 被焚烧和枪击 |
[27:24] | Those are his parents. | 这是他的父母 |
[27:27] | These are extremely distressing, | 这些肯定十分痛苦的 |
[27:30] | if they are authentic. | 如果这都是真的话 |
[27:34] | I don’t offer these as proof. | 我不是把这些当作证据给你的 |
[27:36] | But we do offer these | 我们是把这个当作 |
[27:38] | as evidence that whatever | 证据证明无论这些 |
[27:40] | is being perpetrated in the name of security | 以安全之名做出的事情是什么 |
[27:43] | is marking a generation. | 都在一代人身上留下了烙印 |
[27:46] | If you want to combat violent extremism in Myanmar, | 如果你想对抗缅甸的极端暴力组织 |
[27:50] | the actions of your military right now | 你军队现在的行为 |
[27:53] | are doing exactly the opposite. | 完全是在起反作用 |
[27:55] | Thank you for coming, Madam Secretary. | 感谢您的来访 国务卿女士 |
[27:59] | I’ve heard your message. | 我收到您的消息了 |
[28:07] | I’m gonna leave these here for you. | 我把这些都留给你 |
[28:10] | Good luck, Mr. President. | 祝你好运 总统先生 |
[28:26] | I didn’t realize you could put cheese on so many things. | 我没想到你什么里面都能放芝士 |
[28:29] | Stevie would starve here. | 斯蒂芬来了会被饿死的 |
[28:31] | Sorry if it’s too American for you. | 不好意思 这些对你来说太美式了 |
[28:34] | So, when did you get into Renoir, Aunt Maureen? | 莫琳姑姑 你是什么时候开始喜欢雷诺阿的 |
[28:37] | Art class in high school, I guess. | 应该是高中时的艺术课 |
[28:39] | Mrs. Abrams. Did you have her? | 艾布拉姆斯老师 她教过你吗 |
[28:41] | No. I had that guy. | 没 是个男老师教我 |
[28:43] | I can’t remember his name. | 我想不起来他的名字了 |
[28:45] | – That guy. – Oh, yeah. | -那个人 -是的 |
[28:46] | Mrs. Abrams was my lifeboat. | 艾布拉姆斯老师是我的救生艇 |
[28:48] | Cool. So, you were good at art? | 酷 所以你艺术学的很好吗 |
[28:50] | Oh, not like you. | 没你这么好 |
[28:52] | Mostly I loved when she turned off the lights, | 我最喜欢的是她关灯之后 |
[28:54] | and showed the slides of the paintings | 给我们轮番展示画作 |
[28:56] | and talked about the history, you know, | 然后讲解它们的历史的时候 |
[28:58] | the life of the artist. | 艺术家的生平之类的 |
[29:00] | Did you ever want to do anything with it? | 你想过要做点什么吗 |
[29:01] | Study somewhere? | 去哪里学习之类的 |
[29:03] | Oh, that wasn’t possible. | 那不可能的 |
[29:04] | You got good grades, Mo. | 你成绩不错啊 莫琳 |
[29:05] | You could’ve gone somewhere. | 你本可以去学习的 |
[29:06] | Maybe in another life. | 也许下辈子吧 |
[29:08] | Maybe with another dad. | 换个爸爸也许可以 |
[29:09] | Oh, by all means, don’t miss an opportunity | 无论如何都不要错过 |
[29:11] | to drag Dad through the mud. Where’s that waiter? | 拖爸爸下水的机会 那个服务生在哪 |
[29:14] | I’m just saying that it wasn’t your fault. | 我只是想说这不是你的错 |
[29:16] | Oh, no, I was perfectly capable of crushing my own dreams. | 我很擅长于毁掉我自己的梦想 |
[29:18] | Birth control, they talk to you about that? | 他们跟你讲过计划生育吗 |
[29:20] | Okay, yes, of course we did. | 我们当然讲过 |
[29:21] | Come on, what about Shane? | 那沙恩呢 |
[29:23] | He can barely get anything going. | 他能干成什么事 |
[29:25] | You think that has nothing to do | 你觉得这跟我们的 |
[29:26] | with how we were brought up? | 成长历程没关系吗 |
[29:27] | You know, where do I fall on this list of family failures? | 我为什么也陷入了这个家庭悲剧 |
[29:29] | You see, I had to work, Alison. That’s something where | 因为我得工作 艾莉森 那就是 |
[29:31] | you get up and you do something you don’t want to do | 你每天起床之后不得不做的事情 |
[29:33] | – and they pay you for it. – I don’t judge any of us. | -然后有人付你钱 -我没在批判谁 |
[29:35] | It’s a miracle that we can drive and vote. | 我们能开车和投票已经是奇迹了 |
[29:38] | Well, it’s not like you got anything we didn’t. | 你有的我们又不是没有 |
[29:39] | – Ready to order? – What are you talking about? | -可以点菜了吗 -你在说什么 |
[29:41] | We’re gonna need another minute. | 我们还需要点时间 |
[29:44] | I worked at Quick Pick. You went to UVA. | 我在快选工作 而你在弗吉尼亚大学上学 |
[29:45] | That was the end of college for me. | 我的大学就到此为止 |
[29:46] | How did I keep you from going to college? | 我又怎么阻止你上大学了 |
[29:48] | You were the boy. You got the money. | 你是男孩 钱都给你花了 |
[29:49] | I made my peace with that. Life isn’t fair, kiddo. | 我接受了这个事实 生活不是公平的孩子 |
[29:51] | – Something they don’t tell you. – Whoa, whoa. | -这些他们不会告诉你 -等等 等等 |
[29:53] | You think Dad paid one dime of my tuition? | 你以为我上学爸爸花过一分钱 |
[29:56] | I was ROTC, remember? | 我是大学储备军官 记不记得 |
[29:58] | And then I paid all my loans back myself. | 而且我自己一个人还完了贷款 |
[29:59] | – Well, that is not what I was told. – Then you were lied to. | -他不是这么跟我说的 -那是他骗了你 |
[30:01] | Well, why would he say that? | 那他为什么要这么说 |
[30:03] | Because he didn’t want you to go. | 因为他不想让你去 |
[30:03] | What? That is incre… | 什么 这绝对… |
[30:04] | I know you don’t want me to criticize Dad, | 我知道你不想让我批评爸爸 |
[30:05] | but this right here, | 但是现在 |
[30:06] | the fact you’ve been carrying this around | 这么多年你所知道的 |
[30:08] | for all these years… and he-he wanted that, too. | 这也是他想要的 |
[30:11] | Keep us in line. | 来让我们听话 |
[30:12] | That is a terrible thing to say. | 这话说的太过分了 |
[30:13] | Well, it was a terrible thing to do. | 这样做也很过分 |
[30:15] | And the worst part of it is | 但这件事最可怕的是 |
[30:16] | I think he did it because… | 我觉得他这样做是因为 |
[30:17] | you were his favorite. | 他最喜欢你 |
[30:19] | – What? – I-I know | -什么 -我知道 |
[30:21] | you want me to think well of him, | 你想让我对他印象好一点 |
[30:22] | but… I can’t. | 但…我做不到 |
[30:24] | And this is why. | 这就是原因 |
[30:29] | We can send F18s off a carrier in the Bay of Bengal | 我们可以派F18到孟加拉湾 |
[30:31] | to immediately deter any further destruction | 来立即阻止若开邦罗兴亚村 |
[30:33] | of the Rohingya villages in the Rakhine State. | 遭到进一步的破坏 |
[30:36] | However, with a significant number of refugees | 但是在还有大量难民 |
[30:39] | still fleeing to the border | 还在向国境线逃跑 |
[30:41] | through here, here and here, | 从这里 这里和这里通过 |
[30:42] | and the open terrain, | 这里地形也很开阔 |
[30:44] | there’s a very high risk of civilian casualties. | 平民伤亡的风险很高 |
[30:46] | Where are we with U.N. ground troops? | 我们跟联合国地面部队联系的怎么样 |
[30:47] | I-I reached out to the Secretary General, | 我联系到了秘书长 |
[30:49] | but we’d have to wait for a vote. | 但是我们得等投票结果 |
[30:51] | I think more immediate action | 我认为需要采取 |
[30:53] | is called for. | 更直接的行动 |
[30:54] | We could always send in our own ground troops, | 我们当然可以派遣自己的地面部队 |
[30:56] | but that’s a direct affront to the Myanmar military. | 但这是对缅甸军方的直接侵犯 |
[30:59] | I can’t imagine, Russell, you would recommend | 我没想到 拉塞尔 你会建议 |
[31:01] | that course of action. | 采取这样的行动 |
[31:02] | Well, there’d be some political fallout in the region | 如果任意一方输了的话 |
[31:04] | and at home if any troops were lost. | 对两国政治都会产生影响 |
[31:07] | Have we exhausted all diplomatic options? | 我们已经穷尽了所有的外交选择吗 |
[31:10] | President Khaing is an elected leader | 卡因总统是一位 |
[31:12] | in a country that gives half of its parliamentary seats | 将半数议会席位交给军方的 |
[31:15] | to the military. | 国家民选领导人 |
[31:16] | There’s only so much that he can do. | 他能做的只有这么多 |
[31:18] | And so much for the Presidential Medal of Freedom. | 总统的自由勋章也是如此 |
[31:20] | That’s part of the problem. | 这有点棘手了 |
[31:22] | The world thinks that they elected a saint | 世人以为他们选出来的是一位圣人 |
[31:24] | and what we are getting | 但其实我们真正得到的 |
[31:26] | is a politician. | 是一个政客 |
[31:27] | Well, I’ll say it. | 好吧 我要说一句 |
[31:29] | There’s always staying out of a fight that isn’t ours. | 不要参与不属于我们的战争 |
[31:31] | It’s true. We don’t have a great deal of interest | 这是实话 我们对这一地区的利益 |
[31:34] | at stake in the region. | 没有收到很大威胁 |
[31:36] | Except the first democracy in half a century. | 除了近五十年来的第一次民主 |
[31:38] | Lack of action does carry the risk | 不作为在长期来看 |
[31:40] | of playing out badly in the long term. | 的确会有不利的风险 |
[31:43] | Intervening to prevent another Rwanda… | 干预以避免出现下一个卢旺达 |
[31:46] | shouldn’t be too hard to sell. | 应该很能说服人 |
[31:48] | And now is the moment to intervene. | 现在就是干预的好时机 |
[31:57] | Let’s get some sorties in the air. | 那就出动飞机吧 |
[31:59] | A show of force they can’t ignore. | 要产生他们无法忽视的压力 |
[32:01] | See if that opens things up diplomatically. | 看这样能不能在外交上打开局面 |
[32:03] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 总统阁下 |
[32:07] | Well… | 好吧… |
[32:10] | for an acting president, she… | 作为一个代理总统 她… |
[32:12] | – is suddenly reluctant to act. – Yeah, it happens | -突然不愿采取行动 -新上任 |
[32:15] | when they’re new to office. | 的总统的确会这样 |
[32:17] | The reality sinks in. | 开始认清现实了 |
[32:18] | So now we’ve got a couple of hundred thousand people | 所以现在有几十万人 |
[32:21] | stuck between two leaders, | 困在两个领导人之间 |
[32:22] | both of them afraid to lead? | 这两个人还都不敢做领导 |
[32:24] | Yeah, I can think of a third. | 我还能想到第三个领导 |
[32:28] | Okay, what’s going on with Conrad? | 所以康拉德那边发生了什么 |
[32:31] | And don’t give me the talking points. | 别说废话说重点就好 |
[32:33] | There’s not a lot to say. | 没什么需要说的 |
[32:35] | His health is good. | 他的健康状况还不错 |
[32:37] | Doctors say he’s ready. | 医生说他准备好了 |
[32:41] | Something changed. | 有些东西变了 |
[32:45] | I’m not sure he wants it anymore. | 我不确定他是否还想要继续工作 |
[32:58] | Teresa isn’t wrong to hesitate. | 特蕾莎的犹豫是有道理的 |
[33:00] | It’s never easy putting our troops on the line, | 把我们的军人送上前线从来都不容易 |
[33:02] | even when the cause is just. | 即使有正当的原因 |
[33:04] | I know you understand her reticence. | 我知道你理解她的沉默 |
[33:06] | I understand it because I nearly blundered us into a war | 我理解 是因为我差点因为自己疯狂的愚昧 |
[33:09] | over some deranged folly. | 把我们卷入一场战争 |
[33:11] | – It’s not an easy thing to live with. – You were suffering | -这不是一件容易接受的事 -你当时受了 |
[33:12] | the effects of a brain tumor. | 脑瘤的影响 |
[33:14] | The country understands that. | 国家是理解你的 |
[33:18] | We need you, Conrad. | 我们需要你 康拉德 |
[33:25] | When my brother was in his senior year in high school, | 当我哥哥上高三的时候 |
[33:29] | he started to hear a voice. | 他开始幻听 |
[33:33] | He didn’t tell anybody at the time. | 当时他没有告诉任何人 |
[33:36] | It was only later he told me | 后来他才告诉我 |
[33:38] | he thought he was talking to God. | 他以为自己在跟上帝说话 |
[33:41] | And then when the voice told him to hurt himself… | 然后 当那个声音让他伤害自己的时候 |
[33:44] | he knew it was the Devil. | 他知道那是魔鬼 |
[33:49] | Knew it. | 知道了之后 |
[33:52] | Took a full breakdown, | 他完全崩溃了 |
[33:53] | the first of many, before he finally accepted | 崩溃了好几次 最终他接受了 |
[33:54] | that his reality wasn’t… | 他的认识 |
[33:58] | everyone else’s. | 和其他人的不一样 |
[34:00] | He was totally sure. | 他当时非常自信 |
[34:03] | You passed all the tests. | 你所有的检测都没问题 |
[34:05] | And I… | 而我… |
[34:06] | was completely sure about calling that strike on Russia. | 当时也非常确定要对俄罗斯进行打击 |
[34:11] | How can I ever be sure of myself again? | 我怎么能再相信自己呢 |
[34:13] | That fact that you are being this careful | 你对此这么小心 |
[34:15] | proves that you are back to the man that this country | 就证明了你又变回了这个国家 |
[34:18] | chose to be its leader. | 选择的那个领导者 |
[34:21] | If I can’t trust myself, | 如果我不能相信自己 |
[34:22] | I can’t lead, Bess. | 我就不能领导别人 贝丝 |
[34:30] | You should take… | 你应该… |
[34:32] | some more time. | 多花点时间 |
[34:34] | Think it through. | 想想清楚 |
[34:38] | But while you’re thinking it through, | 但是当你思考的时候 |
[34:39] | could I ask you to consider one request? | 我可以请你考虑一个请求吗 |
[34:49] | Julie, where are we putting the… Never mind, found it. | 朱莉 我们把… 没关系 找到了 |
[34:55] | Excuse me, Director Dalton? | 对不起 道尔顿局长 |
[34:57] | How can I help you? | 有什么可以帮你的吗 |
[34:59] | Russell Jackson. I, uh, work with Ted Barnes | 我是拉塞尔·杰克逊 我在党总部工作 |
[35:02] | at party HQ. | 和泰德·巴恩斯是同事 |
[35:05] | I don’t think we met before. | 我想我们以前没有见过面 |
[35:07] | I generally avoid daylight. | 我白天通常不出门 |
[35:11] | I watched your campaign. | 我看了你的竞选 |
[35:14] | You shouldn’t be the one packing up. | 打包走人的不应该是你 |
[35:17] | Yeah. I think it’s time to admit | 是的 我想该是承认 |
[35:19] | I am not cut out for politics. | 我不适合从政的时候了 |
[35:21] | Oh, no, no, no, no. I-I saw your kickoff speech | 不 不 我看到你在钢铁厂的 |
[35:23] | at the Steel Industries. | 开场演讲了 |
[35:25] | You said a lot of things they didn’t want to hear, | 你说了很多他们不爱听的话 |
[35:28] | and they loved you anyway. | 而他们还是爱戴你 |
[35:30] | – That’s pretty much the whole gig. – Well, | -民心是获胜的关键 -其实 |
[35:33] | that and winning. | 民心和胜利才是 |
[35:36] | I think we both know why you didn’t win this one. | 我想我们都知道你为什么没赢 |
[35:39] | Yep. Can’t miss the debate. | 是的 辩论不能不到场 |
[35:42] | Trust me, the point’s been made. | 相信我 这很明显 |
[35:44] | Well, the mistake wasn’t missing a debate, | 这个错误并不是错过一场辩论 |
[35:46] | the mistake was… hiding the reason why. | 错误是… 隐藏错过辩论的真正原因 |
[35:51] | I’m very well connected. | 我消息很灵通 |
[35:54] | Apparently. | 我看出来了 |
[35:56] | You’re a wonk and a spook. | 你是个书呆子 是个幽灵 |
[35:59] | You’re not supposed to connect at the podium, but… | 你本不应该在演讲台上出彩 但是… |
[36:03] | you do. | 你很擅长 |
[36:04] | ‘Cause you’re real. | 因为你很真实 |
[36:07] | You can’t fake that. | 这是装不出来的 |
[36:08] | I’ve worked for plenty who tried. | 我曾为很多想假装的人工作过 |
[36:11] | So whoever talked you into that BS statement | 所以不管是谁让你做出那个 |
[36:14] | about cancelling due to a scheduling matter, | 取消辩论是由于日程安排不当的狗屁声明 |
[36:17] | that’s the guy who blew it, not you. | 都是那个家伙的错 不是你 |
[36:20] | The statement was mine. | 那声明是我自己写的 |
[36:23] | Not throwing your team under the bus. | 不坑队友 |
[36:27] | That’s another reason politics needs you. | 这是另一个你应该从政的原因 |
[36:32] | We all have… | 我们都有… |
[36:34] | family issues that keep us up at night. | 让我们夜不能寐的家庭问题 |
[36:40] | Stop trying to be your idea of a politician. | 不要试图成为你想象中的政治家 |
[36:45] | Be you. | 做你自己 |
[36:47] | ‘Cause that guy… | 因为做你自己… |
[36:50] | …that guy has a future. | 才能有前途 |
[36:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[36:59] | It’s a little hard getting schooled in authenticity | 我不太能接受被一个 |
[37:02] | by a guy with a comb-over. | 留大偏分的人说教 |
[37:05] | How’s that for real? | 这就是真实的我 |
[37:12] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[37:14] | They didn’t tell me it was you. | 他们没告诉我你会来 |
[37:16] | It’s good to meet you, Mr. President. | 很高兴见到你 总统先生 |
[37:17] | This is a tremendous honor. Please. | 真是太荣幸了 请 |
[37:19] | I didn’t expect to see you until the presentation ceremony. | 我没想到会在颁奖典礼前见到你 |
[37:22] | Well, things being what they are, | 事情就是这样 |
[37:24] | this might not be the right time for the Medal of Freedom. | 这可能不是获得自由勋章的合适时机 |
[37:27] | But Acting President Hurst thought I could offer | 但是代总统赫斯特认为我可以 |
[37:30] | some counsel on your refugee situation. | 就你的难民问题给你提供一些建议 |
[37:32] | I see. Can I offer you something to drink? | 我明白了 你想喝点什么吗 |
[37:35] | I’m good, thanks. I’m, uh… | 不用了 谢谢 我… |
[37:38] | I’m going to get right to the point. | 我就开门见山了 |
[37:40] | You’re a new leader. | 你是一个新的领导人 |
[37:42] | It seems any way you move, you bring the whole thing down. | 看起来无论你做什么 后果都会不堪设想 |
[37:45] | – It’s a bit more complicated. – I’m sure. | -情况有些复杂 -没错 |
[37:49] | Which puts you in the fog. | 这让你很困惑 |
[37:51] | It’s where you’ll spend too much of your time | 如果你是个好领导 |
[37:52] | if you’re a good leader, so… | 你会在这里花费太多时间 |
[37:55] | let me clear it up for you. | 让我帮你整理一下思路 |
[37:57] | You need to bring your Rohingya people home. | 你需要让贵国的罗兴亚人回国 |
[38:00] | It is not possible at this time | 这个时候遣返 |
[38:01] | to repatriate the Muslims of the Rakhine State. | 若开邦的穆斯林是不可能的 |
[38:05] | Is that how they refer to themselves? | 他们是这样称呼自己的吗 |
[38:10] | Mr. President… | 总统先生… |
[38:12] | I am deeply grateful for the support | 我非常感谢美国 |
[38:14] | the United States and many other nations have shown me. | 和其他许多国家对我的支持 |
[38:17] | But I was elected to lead the people of Myanmar, | 但是我是被选出领导缅甸人民的 |
[38:20] | – not to please the Western world. – That’s right. | -不是为了讨好西方世界的 -没错 |
[38:22] | So you must lead all your people. | 所以你必须领导你所有的人民 |
[38:25] | You’re asking me | 你要我 |
[38:26] | to put 97% of my country at great risk | 把97%的国家置于巨大的危险之中 |
[38:30] | in order to defend three percent. | 去保卫剩下的百分之三 |
[38:32] | No country willing to massacre | 一个愿意屠杀 |
[38:34] | nearly a million of its citizens | 将近一百万自己国民的国家 |
[38:36] | can ever call itself a democracy. | 是不能称自己为民主国家的 |
[38:38] | I know your military uses | 我知道你的军队用 |
[38:39] | fear and suspicion to hold onto its power. | 恐惧和怀疑来保持权力 |
[38:43] | But you have words. | 但是你有民心 |
[38:45] | The same words that won an election. | 同样的民心为你赢得了选举 |
[38:47] | I’ve spoken of peace and reconciliation | 我讲和平与和解 |
[38:50] | for over 20 years… | 都讲了二十多年了… |
[38:51] | Say their name. | 说出他们的名字 |
[38:52] | Start there. | 从这里开始 |
[38:54] | Then give them a seat at the table | 然后给他们一个位置 |
[38:55] | so they can speak their own words. | 让他们能讲自己的语言 |
[38:57] | That’s how you change things. | 这样你才能做出改变 |
[38:58] | You say this as if it’s easily done. | 你站着说话不腰疼 |
[39:00] | Finding your voice as a leader is never easy, but… | 领导者要找到自己的立场很难 但… |
[39:04] | it’s pretty much the whole gig. | 这是最关键的一步 |
[39:08] | “The obstacle is the path.” | “障碍即是道路” |
[39:11] | Isn’t that a Buddhist saying? | 那不是佛经里的话吗 |
[39:14] | With the greatest respect, sir… | 恕我直言 先生 |
[39:16] | leave the Buddhism to me. | 把佛教留给我 |
[39:18] | You have de Tocqueville. | 你们有托克维尔[法国政治学家] |
[39:20] | “Nothing is more wonderful than freedom… | “自由无比可贵 |
[39:24] | but nothing is harder to learn to use.” | 而学习使用自由却无比困难” |
[39:31] | I hope to present you with that medal | 我希望下次见面的时候 |
[39:32] | the next time we see each other. | 能给你颁发那枚奖章 |
[39:46] | It was a scene | 这是德克萨斯州 |
[39:46] | of devastation in Galveston, Texas, | 加尔维斯顿的灾难的一个场景 |
[39:48] | as a freak storm… | 这场反常的风暴… |
[39:50] | – Here you go, Aunt Maureen. – Mm, thanks, kiddo. | -给你 莫琳姑姑 -谢谢 宝贝 |
[39:52] | – And I got you this. – What is this? | -我给你买了这个 -这是什么 |
[39:55] | I got it for you at the gift shop yesterday. | 我昨天在礼品店给你买的 |
[39:58] | Oh, isn’t that pretty. | 好漂亮 |
[40:01] | I know it’s a little bourgeois, | 我知道这有点小资 |
[40:02] | but Dad is saying that I need to be more open-minded. | 但是爸爸说我的思想需要更加开放 |
[40:05] | He also said that you’re a total fiend at cards. | 他还说你打扑克超厉害 |
[40:09] | Oh, that’s because I beat him out of his birthday money. | 那是因为我把他过生日的钱都赢走了 |
[40:12] | Truth is, he’s an easy mark. | 事实上 他太好骗了 |
[40:14] | I heard that. | 我听到了 |
[40:17] | Want to show me some skills? | 想给我露一手吗 |
[40:18] | Well, maybe later. | 也许以后 |
[40:19] | Watch out, Ali, this is how it starts. | 小心 艾莉 事情就是这样开始的 |
[40:22] | She pretends that she’s not interested, | 她假装没兴趣 |
[40:24] | and then she wraps herself around you like a snake. | 然后她就像一条蛇一样缠着你 |
[40:27] | I am trying to watch here. | 我就想安安静静的看会儿电视 |
[40:29] | Come on, one hand. | 来吧 就玩一把 |
[40:30] | – What’s your game? – Ah, five-card draw. | -你喜欢玩什么 -五张扑克 |
[40:33] | Shall we make it interesting, huh? | 要不要加上奖励和惩罚 |
[40:34] | Ooh. Glutton for punishment, I see. | 你已经等不及要被罚了 我明白 |
[40:37] | Why don’t we play for cookies? | 我们用饼干做赌注吧 |
[40:38] | All right. I’m in for a snickerdoodle. | 好 我出一片肉桂饼干 |
[40:40] | I will raise you an oatmeal raisin. | 我加一片燕麦葡萄干饼干 |
[40:45] | Anytime with that deal there. | 快发牌呀 |
[40:47] | Complaining about the deal… an amateur move. | 抱怨发牌速度… 一看就是业余的 |
[40:49] | How much was that birthday money again? | 你过生日的钱有多少来着 |
[40:51] | 50 bucks. | 50美元 |
[40:53] | Do you even remember what you did with it? | 你还记得你用这钱做了什么吗 |
[40:55] | Saved it for college. | 为上大学存起来了 |
[40:59] | …in responding to the perceived threat | …来应对来自 |
[41:00] | of ethnic unrest between the Buddhist majority | 占多数的佛教徒和占少数的 |
[41:03] | and the Muslim, or Rohingya, people. | 穆斯林或罗兴亚人的民族冲突的威胁 |
[41:25] | 缅甸人 佛教徒 穆斯林 印度教信徒和罗兴亚人 | |
[41:44] | Did I miss it? | 我赶上了吗 |
[41:45] | You’re good. Slow down. | 没问题 慢点走 |
[41:47] | There was traffic, and… and then that lady at security, | 路上太堵了 负责安检的那个女人 |
[41:50] | she had a lot of questions. | 问了我很多问题 |
[41:51] | I didn’t make everybody wait? | 我没让大家等我吧 |
[41:52] | Take a breath, John. | 喘口气 约翰 |
[41:54] | – They’ll wait as long as I tell them to. – Yeah. | -我让他们等多久他们都会等的 -是的 |
[41:57] | I guess so. You’re the big chief. | 我想也是 你是大家的上司 |
[41:58] | Well, I’m not the big chief again until I sign this thing. | 得等我签完文件才行 |
[42:02] | Sir? When you’re ready. | 总统先生 可以随时开始 |
[42:04] | It’s good to see you again, John. | 很高兴再次见到你 约翰 |
[42:07] | I’m glad I made it. | 我很高兴我及时赶到 |
[42:09] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:29] | 数十万名罗兴亚儿童急需帮助 帮助救助和保护这些儿童和家庭 请访问www.unicefusa.org/rohingya 联合国儿童基金会 |