时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | 美国大使馆 乌干达 坎帕拉 | |
[00:16] | Peter, tell me you’re staying for my party. | 彼得 你要留下来参加我的聚会吧 |
[00:18] | Oh, Daniel, you know, I’d love to, | 丹尼尔 我很想参加 |
[00:20] | but I got this meeting with an NGO. | 但是我要会见一个非政府组织 |
[00:21] | But listen, happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[00:23] | Go have fun. | 好好玩 |
[00:24] | Don’t work too hard, my friend. | 别太辛苦了 朋友 |
[00:25] | Never. | 不会的 |
[00:32] | So you’re heading out for the meeting? | 你要去开会了 |
[00:36] | If I get back to town early enough, | 如果我能早点回城 |
[00:38] | you want to have dinner with me? | 你愿意和我一起吃晚餐吗 |
[00:43] | I always want to have dinner with you. | 我一直都想和你吃晚餐 |
[00:47] | Now, go do some good. | 现在 去好好工作吧 |
[01:01] | What the hell are you doing, Pete? | 你到底在做什么 皮特 |
[01:08] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[01:19] | Right there, right there. | 那边 去那边 |
[01:20] | This way! | 从这边走 |
[01:22] | This way to the stairwell! | 从这边去楼梯间 |
[01:24] | This way. | 这边 |
[01:25] | Go to the stairwell and go down. | 去楼梯间 下楼 |
[01:27] | Go to the stairwell and go down. Right there. | 去楼梯间 下楼 就那边 |
[01:30] | Find the stairwell and go down. | 找到楼梯间 下楼 |
[01:32] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[01:33] | Help! | 救命 |
[01:34] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[01:35] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[01:37] | I-I cannot see. | 我看不到了 |
[01:38] | – It’s okay. – I cannot see. | -没事的 -我看不到了 |
[01:39] | It’s okay, I got you. Come on. | 没事的 有我呢 走吧 |
[01:41] | Let’s go to the stairwell. | 我们去楼梯间 |
[01:42] | Okay? Marine. | 好吗 你以前可是海军陆战队的 |
[01:45] | Take this man downstairs. | 带这个人到楼下去 |
[01:45] | His name’s Daniel, he can’t see. | 他的名字是丹尼尔 他看不到了 |
[01:46] | Come on, Daniel. We got you. | 走吧 丹尼尔 我们带你走 |
[01:48] | Come on. We got you. | 走吧 我们带你走 |
[01:51] | Lana? | 拉娜 |
[01:56] | Lana? | 拉娜 |
[02:00] | Lana? | 拉娜 |
[02:03] | Lana… | 拉娜 |
[02:05] | Don’t go. | 别离开我 |
[02:09] | Lana. | 拉娜 |
[02:13] | Okay, Madam Secretary, you’ll give some brief remarks, | 好了 国务卿女士 你要简短的评论一下 |
[02:16] | followed by a reading of the names of all the victims, | 接着宣读所有受害者的姓名 |
[02:18] | and then, there will be a moment of silence. | 随后会有片刻的沉默 |
[02:20] | And then anyone who wants to will adjourn | 接下来有意愿的人会转移到 |
[02:22] | to the conference room for a small reception. | 会议室参加小型招待会 |
[02:24] | Why “Small”? | 为什么是”小型的” |
[02:25] | And “Brief”? | “简短的” |
[02:28] | Ma’am? | 国务卿女士 |
[02:29] | We’re commemorating the 20th anniversary | 我们是要纪念一场袭击二十周年 |
[02:31] | of an attack that took the lives of 32 Americans, | 这次袭击使32名美国人 |
[02:34] | 56 Ugandans, injuring hundreds more. | 56名乌干达人丧生 百余人受伤 |
[02:37] | Seems like it’s worthy of reflection. | 这应该是值得反思的 |
[02:40] | What’s with all the minimizing? | 为什么如此不重视这整件事 |
[02:41] | Well, we generally | 我们通常要 |
[02:43] | try to avoid highlighting any intelligence failures. | 尽量避免强调任何情报失误 |
[02:46] | Particularly when it comes to Al-Qaeda and bin Laden. | 特别是在基地组织和本拉登问题上 |
[02:49] | I’m not looking for a parade here. | 我也不是要求达到游行的程度 |
[02:51] | But not properly acknowledging | 但是不能正确地认识到 |
[02:53] | the loss to the department, to the families? | 这对国务院和这些家庭造成的损失 |
[02:56] | That makes us look bad. | 那会让我们很难堪 |
[02:58] | Understood, ma’am. | 明白 国务卿女士 |
[03:01] | So the… the reading of the names, | 宣读的那些名字 |
[03:03] | that’ll include the Ugandans, too, right? | 也包括乌干达人的吧 |
[03:06] | The 26 Foreign Service Nationals | 那26名在大使馆工作的 |
[03:07] | who worked at the embassy, yes, ma’am. | 外国服务人员 是的 国务卿 |
[03:10] | What about the rest of them? | 其余的那些人呢 |
[03:13] | The 18 children crowded around the gate to their school | 聚集在与爆炸地点同一街区的 |
[03:15] | down the block from where the bomb went off? | 学校大门周边的18个孩子 |
[03:18] | Their teachers? | 他们的老师 |
[03:21] | The four nuns on their way to work at the AIDS hospice? | 前往艾滋病收容所工作途中的四名修女 |
[03:24] | We don’t-we don’t have time to say their names aloud, too? | 我们也没有时间大声读出他们的名字吗 |
[03:26] | Of course we do, ma’am. | 当然有 国务卿 |
[03:27] | Damn right, we do. | 没错 我们有时间 |
[03:30] | Ma’am, there are, actually, a couple of issues | 国务卿 实际上有一些 |
[03:32] | somewhat related to the anniversary. | 与周年纪念有关的问题 |
[03:34] | First, the White House is asking us to expedite our review | 首先 白宫要求我们加快 |
[03:37] | of the sanctions regime on Sudan. | 对苏丹制裁制度的审查 |
[03:39] | Uh, didn’t we sanction them precisely because they harbored | 我们制裁他们的原因不正是因为他们 |
[03:41] | terrorists responsible for the Uganda bombing? | 庇护那些制造乌干达爆炸的恐怖分子吗 |
[03:43] | Well, that, and the occasional genocide | 还因为他们有时对自己的人民 |
[03:45] | against their own people. | 实行种族灭绝 |
[03:46] | The thinking is they’ve cleaned up their act. | 他们认为他们已经改过自新了 |
[03:49] | On the terrorism front, anyway. | 至少在恐怖主义方面 |
[03:52] | So maybe 20 years is long enough. | 也许二十年够久了 |
[03:57] | But what’s the rush about? | 但是为什么如此着急 |
[03:58] | Doing my best to find out, ma’am. | 我尽力去查查 国务卿女士 |
[03:59] | Good. Meantime, gather the relevant folks | 很好 同时 召集部门里的爆炸案 |
[04:03] | within the department, get me a recommendation, will you? | 相关人员 给我推荐一个 可以吗 |
[04:07] | Have fun with Peter Harriman. | 和彼得·哈里曼好好相处哦 |
[04:08] | Yeah, lucky me. | 幸运如我 |
[04:10] | Last item– and you won’t believe it– | 最后一项 你不会相信的 |
[04:11] | Congress is once again making noise about cutting our budget | 国会再一次想要削减我们的 |
[04:13] | for embassy security. | 使馆安全预算 |
[04:15] | I can believe it. | 这我倒是相信 |
[04:15] | The usual pleading and guilt-tripping | 惯用的恳求和负罪感 |
[04:18] | didn’t move the needle, huh? | 都没有效吗 |
[04:20] | Well, if anyone has an out-of-the-box idea | 如果谁有现成的办法 |
[04:23] | to convince Congress to keep our diplomats alive, | 能够说服国会 放我们的外交官一马 |
[04:26] | I’m all ears. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[04:28] | That’ll be all. Thank you. | 就这些 谢谢 |
[04:29] | Ma’am. | 国务卿女士 |
[04:34] | Ma’am, do you want me to scale up the memorial? | 国务卿女士 要我扩大纪念活动规模吗 |
[04:36] | As long as all the names are read, | 只要能够宣读所有的名字 |
[04:38] | that should be fine. | 就没事了 |
[04:42] | I was having a moment. | 我刚才状态不好 |
[04:43] | Apologies. | 抱歉 |
[04:45] | Is everything all right? | 一切都好吧 |
[04:47] | Listen, um, about Special Envoy Harriman. | 听着 是关于哈里曼特使的 |
[04:52] | I know he can be a pain. | 我知道他很难搞 |
[04:54] | Go easy today, will you? | 今天就别难为他 好吗 |
[04:56] | He survived the bombing in ’98. | 他从98年的爆炸中幸存下来 |
[04:58] | I wasn’t aware. | 我之前不知道 |
[05:00] | I’ll do that. Thank you, ma’am. | 我听你的 谢谢 国务卿女士 |
[05:05] | Let’s sum up pros and cons | 我们总结下利弊 |
[05:06] | and move to a recommendation for the secretary. | 然后向国务卿提出建议 |
[05:08] | Pete, you have a question. | 彼得 你有疑问 |
[05:09] | What’s really going on here, Jay? | 这到底是怎么回事 杰伊 |
[05:11] | Why is the White House so hot to lift sanctions all of a sudden? | 为什么白宫如此急于取消制裁呢 |
[05:14] | It’s a great question. | 是个好问题 |
[05:15] | And one that the secretary also wants an answer to. | 国务卿也想知道答案 |
[05:18] | Something stinks. | 肯定有内幕 |
[05:19] | Is there some sort of Pentagon play a foot here? | 是说五角大楼也参与其中了吗 |
[05:21] | Like I said, we’re into it. | 如我所说 正在调查 |
[05:22] | Kat, why don’t you sum up the arguments | 凯特 不如你来总结一下 |
[05:24] | – in favor of lifting the sanctions? – Right. | -支持解除制裁的理由吧 -好的 |
[05:25] | So the idea is that Sudan has basically done what we demanded, | 我们认为苏丹基本上完成了我们的要求 |
[05:28] | uh, they’ve stopped supporting terrorism, | 他们不再支持恐怖主义 |
[05:30] | as far as we know, they are | 据我们所知 他们 |
[05:32] | allowing more food aid to reach vulnerable populations. | 让弱势群体得到了更多的粮食援助 |
[05:34] | They are no longer | 他们不再 |
[05:35] | stoking the civil war in South Sudan. | 煽动南苏丹内战了 |
[05:37] | So in short, the chief argument | 总的来说 解除制裁的 |
[05:39] | for lifting the sanctions is that they worked. | 主要理由是他们有所作为 |
[05:41] | Okay, thanks. Now the cons? | 好的 谢谢 反对的理由呢 |
[05:42] | Why should the sanctions remain in place? Pete? | 为什么要继续制裁呢 彼得 |
[05:44] | For exactly the same reason. | 完全相同的理由 |
[05:45] | President Qasim didn’t just stop supporting Al-Qaeda | 卡西姆总统可不仅仅是出于内心的善意 |
[05:48] | out of the goodness of his heart. | 而不再支持基地组织 |
[05:49] | He did it because we hit his regime | 他这样做是因为我们打击了他的政权 |
[05:51] | and his cronies and his family where it hurt. | 他的亲信和他的家人 |
[05:54] | The sanctions are the only meaningful tool | 制裁是我们持有的唯一有用的 |
[05:56] | that we have to affect his behavior. | 能够影响他行为的工具 |
[05:58] | It’s just too soon. | 就是太快了 |
[05:59] | What about the counterargument that the sanctions | 那么反对的理由是制裁 |
[06:01] | aren’t really hurting the regime, | 并未真正伤害到政权 |
[06:03] | but just trickling down to the Sudanese people? | 压力慢慢地转移到了苏丹人民身上 |
[06:05] | Yes, Qasim and his friends have | 是的 卡西姆和他的朋友 |
[06:07] | managed to evade the worst impacts, | 成功避开了最严重的影响 |
[06:09] | but they’ve felt the bite enough to come this far. | 但是他们觉得这个程度已经够了 |
[06:12] | In the long run, are we preventing more suffering | 从长远来看 我们阻止的痛苦能否 |
[06:14] | than we’re causing? I say we are. | 比我们造成的更多 我认为我们可以 |
[06:15] | President Qasim is not a young man. | 卡西姆总统可不是新手了 |
[06:18] | We could use the prospect of lifting the sanctions | 我们可以将解除制裁的愿景 |
[06:21] | as a carrot to try to affect their choice of his successor, | 作为诱饵 从而影响他们对继任者的选择 |
[06:25] | and how he behaves. | 和他的行为 |
[06:27] | So in my view, we keep our boot on his neck | 依我看 我们要持续压制他 |
[06:30] | until this bastard is dead. | 直到这个混蛋死为止 |
[06:32] | So our recommendation | 所以我们的建议是 |
[06:34] | is that we keep the sanctions in place? | 持续制裁 |
[06:39] | Okay. Great. Thanks, everybody. | 好的 很好 谢谢各位 |
[06:43] | Look who’s here. | 瞧谁来了 |
[06:43] | – Hey, babe. Ready for lunch? – Hey, honey. | -宝贝 准备吃午饭吗 -亲爱的 |
[06:47] | Um, Henry and I are gonna go eat | 亨利和我要去 |
[06:49] | peanut butter and jelly sandwiches | 冻人的公园里 |
[06:51] | in the freezing cold park. | 吃花生酱和果冻三明治了 |
[06:54] | This is what passes for a date night these days. | 这就是如今的约会之夜 |
[06:57] | Don’t wait up for us. | 不用等我们了 |
[06:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:01] | Hey, Doc. | 你好 博士 |
[07:02] | – Hey, guys. – Hi. | -你们好 -你们好 |
[07:03] | I think we may have found a way | 我想我们可能找到了一种 |
[07:05] | to, uh, cut through the noise | 能够减少 |
[07:06] | on the embassy security funding issue. | 对大使馆安全资金问题的议论的办法 |
[07:08] | Don’t oversell it. | 别太夸张 |
[07:09] | Congress wants to cut our budget for embassy security, again. | 国会想削减我们的使馆安全预算 再一次 |
[07:13] | Unbelievable. But believable. | 难以置信 但也在意料之中 |
[07:15] | Look, whatever you’re selling, sell it to me on the walk, okay? | 不管是什么好主意 边走边说好吗 |
[07:17] | Yes, ma’am. Uh, three words: | 好的 国务卿女士 三个词 |
[07:19] | bomb-sniffing dogs. | 炸弹嗅探犬 |
[07:21] | To adequately protect our facilities | 为了充分保护我们在世界各地的 |
[07:23] | and personnel worldwide, | 设备和人员 |
[07:24] | State needs to add at least 30 more in the upcoming year. | 在接下来的一年里 政府至少要增加30只 |
[07:27] | Yeah, but every other agency and local PD wants them, | 但是其他机构和地方警局都需要它们 |
[07:30] | which makes them expensive. | 它们可不便宜呢 |
[07:32] | So what’s your pitch? | 你有什么办法 |
[07:34] | We make a video with you and a bomb-sniffing dog. | 我们录制一个您和炸弹搜探犬的视频 |
[07:37] | Highlighting how much State depends on the work they do, | 强调政府多么依赖它们的工作 |
[07:39] | and implicitly, how Congress is putting | 隐晦地表示国会削减资金 |
[07:40] | our folks in danger | 会导致我们无法负担费用 |
[07:42] | by cutting our funding so we can’t afford them. | 从而置人民于危险的境地 |
[07:44] | But because it’s a dog video, it’s adorable, so it goes viral, | 因为大家都爱狗狗视频 就会在网上疯传 |
[07:48] | and all of a sudden, there’s outside pressure on Congress. | 突然之间 国会会面临外部压力 |
[07:50] | Better be a pretty cute dog. | 最好是一只很可爱的狗 |
[07:52] | So, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[07:53] | It’s the best idea | 这是我今天 |
[07:54] | I’ve heard today. Maybe we should get a dog. | 听到最棒的想法 也许我们该找只狗狗 |
[07:56] | Oh, now look what you’ve started. | 看你开的好头 |
[07:59] | – Just save one. – All right, get into it and get back to me. | -就留一只 -行 去找一只然后通知我 |
[08:01] | – Yes, ma’am. – Will do, ma’am. | -好的 女士 -没问题 女士 |
[08:07] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这么做的 |
[08:08] | What, freeze my ass off on a park bench with you? | 什么 和你坐在公园长椅上挨冻吗 |
[08:10] | There’s nothing I’d rather be doing. | 除此以外我不想做任何事 |
[08:11] | Hold my hand through this week. | 这周都陪着我 |
[08:13] | I refer to my earlier statement. | 还是我之前说的话 |
[08:19] | I snapped at my staff about the memorial. | 为了这个追思会我训了我的幕僚一顿 |
[08:23] | Well, they’ll get over it. | 他们会理解的 |
[08:25] | Maybe I should put a letter in a time capsule. | 或许我应该写一封信放在时间胶囊里 |
[08:29] | “So, hey, | 说 |
[08:32] | “My involvement with the Bin Laden Issue Station at CIA | 我在中情局的本拉登专案组的档案 |
[08:36] | “Has finally been declassified, so here’s | 终于解密了 所以 |
[08:39] | why I was such a bitch”” | 这就是为什么我是个混蛋 |
[08:40] | You were a mid-level analyst, Elizabeth. | 你只是个中层分析师 伊丽莎白 |
[08:43] | You couldn’t have stopped that bombing. | 你不可能阻止那场爆炸案的 |
[08:48] | After the first World Trade Center attack in ’93, | 在第一次93年的那场世贸中心袭击案后 |
[08:51] | we knew it was just a matter of time | 我们就知道他们还会袭击我们的 |
[08:55] | before they hit us again. | 只是时间问题 |
[08:57] | All those plotters are either dead, | 那些阴谋者不是死了 |
[08:59] | or serving a life sentence in a supermax. | 就是在最高级监狱里终身服刑 |
[09:03] | I always wanted to apologize, you know? | 我一直想要道歉的 你知道吗 |
[09:06] | But I can’t. | 但是我不能 |
[09:10] | And to be Secretary of State, to speak at that memorial, | 而作为国务卿来在追思会发言 |
[09:13] | and not acknowledge my own failure? | 却不能承认我的失败 |
[09:15] | Babe, it’s… | 亲爱的 |
[09:18] | Henry, it bothers me. | 亨利 这令我困扰 |
[09:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:22] | I’m here. | 我在这呢 |
[09:25] | With lunch. | 还有午餐 |
[09:27] | And dinner tomorrow night. | 还有明晚的晚餐 |
[09:28] | The kids will be there, too. | 孩子们也会来 |
[09:29] | So you’re just gonna help me eat my way through this? | 所以你就是想用吃的来帮我度过这一周 |
[09:31] | Yeah, that’s the plan. | 对 就是这么计划的 |
[09:33] | Now, come on. | 好了 |
[09:34] | Let’s go to the Einstein Memorial. | 咱们去爱因斯坦纪念堂吧 |
[09:36] | Old Al always cheers you up. | 老爱总是能让你高兴起来 |
[09:39] | ‘Cause he’s just like, “Yeah, I’m just sitting here, | 因为他就会说”对 我就和我的 |
[09:43] | with my three history-altering theorems, like, no big deal” | 三个改变世界的定理坐在这 没什么” |
[09:48] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[09:49] | Just am. | 就酱 |
[09:53] | Good morning, ma’am. | 早上好 国务卿 |
[09:54] | Uh, we need to talk, before you go in there. | 在你进去之前 我们得聊两句 |
[09:57] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[09:57] | You know how CIA’s been… expanding its relationship | 你知道中情局在这几年是如何 |
[10:00] | with Sudan the last few years? | 与苏丹搞好关系的吗 |
[10:01] | Yeah, what about it? | 知道 怎么了 |
[10:02] | Turns out that they’re pretty far down the road | 结果他们已经基本上敲定 |
[10:04] | with negotiations to build a base there. | 要在那边建一个基地了 |
[10:09] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[10:12] | So that’s what’s behind the urgency to lift the sanctions? | 这就是为什么他们急迫地要解除制裁 |
[10:16] | That’s my bet. | 我猜是这样 |
[10:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:19] | Mr. President, I-I’m sorry, | 总统先生 抱歉 |
[10:22] | but I-I resent my department being left in the dark | 但是对于国务院对这些协商 |
[10:25] | about these negotiations. | 一无所知我很生气 |
[10:27] | But putting that to one side, | 不过先不说那些 |
[10:28] | is this meeting a foregone conclusion? | 这个会议是早就安排好的吗 |
[10:30] | Do State’s recommendations even matter? | 国务院的建议完全不重要吗 |
[10:33] | Of course it does. | 当然重要 |
[10:34] | Wouldn’t be holding the meeting if it didn’t, Bess. | 如果不重要就不会开这个会了 贝丝 |
[10:37] | State, uh, remains opposed | 国务院仍然反对 |
[10:38] | – to lifting the sanctions? Yes. For reasons | -解除制裁吗 -对 有太多的 |
[10:41] | too numerous, obvious and odious to mention. | 明显的且让人都不想说出来的原因 |
[10:44] | – Sir. – Madam Secretary, | -先生 -国务卿女士 |
[10:46] | I understand your frustration. | 我理解你的沮丧 |
[10:49] | But the rapidly evolving terrorist threat in Africa | 但是中情局需要尽快行动来阻止 |
[10:52] | was such that CIA needed to move just as quickly to thwart it. | 在非洲快速发展的恐怖主义威胁 |
[10:55] | By cozying up to an oppressive regime? | 通过拉拢一个压迫性政权吗 |
[10:58] | That’s how we wound up | 我们一开始就是这样 |
[10:59] | with a terrorist threat in the first place. | 和恐怖主义纠缠起来的 |
[11:01] | I hear you. But we have to fight | 我明白你的意思 但是我们得打 |
[11:02] | today’s battle, not yesterday’s. | 今天的仗 而不是昨天的 |
[11:04] | I agree, sir. But the fact that Qasim has | 我同意 先生 但是事实是卡西姆 |
[11:06] | pitted our government against itself is warning enough | 曾经和我们的政府有过不和 这足以警示 |
[11:10] | that he is not a trustworthy ally in that fight. | 他在这场战斗中不是一个信得过的同盟 |
[11:14] | What’s Treasury’s view on this? | 财政部对此有什么看法 |
[11:16] | While the sanctions have been broadly effective, | 在广泛实施制裁的这段时间 |
[11:19] | Sudan’s Ministry of Finance has, in recent years, become | 苏丹的财政部在近些年变得 |
[11:21] | much more creative in getting money in and out of the country. | 更加有办法来向国家引入和放出资金 |
[11:24] | Meaning what? | 意思是 |
[11:25] | That’s just it, we don’t know. | 只有这些 别的我们不知道 |
[11:26] | It’s dark money, so it’s hard | 是黑钱 所以很难讲 |
[11:28] | to say where it’s going. | 钱的去向 |
[11:29] | It could well just be | 可能只是 |
[11:30] | the usual money laundering of a corrupt regime. | 一个腐败政权常有的洗钱 |
[11:33] | Or it could be money marked for more nefarious purposes. | 或者可能是有更邪恶的目的 |
[11:36] | Procuring more weapons for use against their own people. | 获得更多武器来对付他们自己的民众 |
[11:38] | Exactly. Now, look, | 正是 听着 |
[11:39] | Qasim remains a hardline Islamist. | 卡西姆仍是一个强硬的伊斯兰教徒 |
[11:42] | How convinced are we that he has changed his stripes? | 我们有多确信他改变了他的信条 |
[11:46] | So you think this dark money could be supporting terrorism? | 你认为这些黑钱可能是用来支持恐怖主义的吗 |
[11:49] | I think we should certainly find out | 我认为我们在给他一张空白支票前 |
[11:51] | before we hand him a blank check. | 应该弄清楚这件事 |
[11:52] | Sir, the United States doesn’t have | 先生 美国政府在苏丹 |
[11:54] | a terror problem in Sudan. | 没有恐怖袭击问题 |
[11:56] | We cannot say the same | 而他们的邻国却 |
[11:57] | about any number of its neighbors. | 有大量的恐怖主义问题 |
[12:00] | This base is a bulwark against | 这个基地是对抗一个真正的 |
[12:02] | a real and growing threat. | 且正在成长的威胁的壁垒 |
[12:03] | We must act quickly. | 我们必须赶快行动 |
[12:06] | Well, let’s see if we can get to the bottom of Qasim’s finances | 我们看看在示好之前 |
[12:09] | before we give away the store. | 是否能查出卡西姆的经济情况 |
[12:12] | You have three days. | 你有三天的时间 |
[12:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:29] | Well, the regime in Khartoum has always tried | 喀土穆的政权一直试图 |
[12:31] | to evade the sanctions, but, uh, all of us | 躲避制裁 不过我们的 |
[12:34] | at the forensic accounting unit began to notice | 法务会计组在大约五年前 |
[12:36] | an uptick about five years ago. | 开始发现股票报升 |
[12:38] | How are they getting money out of Sudan? | 他们是怎么把钱弄出苏丹的 |
[12:40] | Sleight of hand. | 用一些技巧 |
[12:41] | They disguise the origin of the transactions | 在钱转到最终目的地之前 |
[12:43] | by routing them through several banks | 他们辗转通过几个银行 |
[12:45] | before the money arrives at its final destination. | 来掩盖最初的转账 |
[12:47] | So by the time the money shows up in, say, Paris, | 所以账款出现在 比如说巴黎的时候 |
[12:49] | there’s no way of telling… | 就无从得知 |
[12:50] | – where it came from. – And in Paris, there’s usually | -这笔钱是从哪来的 -而在巴黎 |
[12:52] | some mirror trade set up by a straw buyer | 经常会有稻草买家做的小型交易 |
[12:55] | for exactly the sum that left Khartoum. | 和从喀土穆出来的总数一样 |
[12:58] | -Convenient. Isn’t it, though? | -真方便 -可不是嘛 |
[13:00] | And you don’t know where the money goes after that? | 所以你不知道在那之后钱去了哪 |
[13:02] | No, at that point, it’s clean. | 不知道 在那时 钱是干净的 |
[13:03] | So it becomes very hard to track. | 所以变得非常难以追踪 |
[13:05] | The sheer volume and complexity of these transactions | 这些转账的绝对数量和复杂性 |
[13:08] | makes it impossible to trace them all end to end. | 让我们不可能全部从头到尾地追踪 |
[13:10] | But we have drilled down on a few just to get a snapshot. | 但是我们还是抓取到了一部分 |
[13:14] | We should have some answers for you very soon. | 我们应该很快就能给你一些答案 |
[13:16] | Yeah, and what changed | 还有在过去的五年甚至更长的时间 |
[13:17] | in the last five or so years | 是什么改变了 |
[13:19] | that allowed them to up their game like this? | 能让他们像这样玩弄把戏 |
[13:22] | – Unknown at this point, ma’am. – Don’t know. | -现在还无从得知 女士 -不知道 |
[13:23] | The ministry’s kind of a black box. | 财政部就像一个黑匣子 |
[13:25] | You deal with these front office guys, | 你只和这些在面上工作的人 |
[13:27] | and who knows who really moves the money? | 谁知道是谁真的在转移这些钱 |
[13:31] | Get with OFAC at Treasury | 和财政部的海外资产控制部协作 |
[13:32] | and do your best to find out, will you? | 尽你们所能找出来 好吗 |
[13:34] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[13:41] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[13:43] | I believe that lifting the sanctions on the Qasim regime | 我相信解除对于卡西姆政权的制裁 |
[13:46] | is a mistake, morally and strategically, | 是一个错误 不论是道德上还是策略上 |
[13:50] | and I have to object in the strongest possible terms. | 我不得不用最强烈的词语来反对解除制裁 |
[13:53] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[13:56] | But the president sets policy, and we execute it. | 但是总统制定政策 我们来执行 |
[14:02] | Understood, ma’am. | 明白了 女士 |
[14:12] | That means she just found the explosives. | 这是说它刚刚发现了爆炸物 |
[14:14] | Incredible. | 难以置信 |
[14:15] | How do they find it so fast? | 它们是怎么这么快就能找到的 |
[14:16] | Training. | 训练 |
[14:18] | But having 300 million scent cells in her nose– | 不过它的鼻子里有三亿嗅觉细胞 |
[14:21] | as compared to our measly six million | 对比起我们微不足道的六百万嗅觉细胞 |
[14:23] | doesn’t hurt, either. | 这小菜一碟 |
[14:24] | Hmm. Wow. And-and why does she sit, | 那为什么她会坐下 |
[14:26] | instead, you know, scratch or something? | 而不是挖出来或者什么的 |
[14:28] | What happens when you touch a bomb? | 当你摸一个炸弹会怎样 |
[14:29] | That’s a good point. | 这倒是 |
[14:31] | Anyway, Gage, as we mentioned, | 好吧 盖奇 我们之前说过 |
[14:32] | we want to shoot some video of one of the grown dogs at work, | 我们想拍些工作中的成年狗的视频 |
[14:35] | and then, we want to get some footage of the secretary | 还有 我们想拍一些国务卿和 |
[14:37] | with one of the younger trainees. | 其中一位年轻训练狗在一起的镜头 |
[14:39] | Let’s look in the kennel. | 那我们到狗舍看看吧 |
[14:40] | Okay. Let’s go find our hero dog. | 好 让我们来找出我们的英雄犬 |
[14:43] | He’s so cute. | 他好可爱啊 |
[14:51] | Poncho… | 他叫斗篷 |
[14:57] | Look at this guy. Oh! | 看看这个小家伙 |
[14:59] | Look at this guy. Oh, ho… | 看看这个小家伙 |
[15:03] | – How about this one? – Who, Waffles? | -这一只怎么样 -谁 华夫吗 |
[15:05] | – Yeah. – Nah, you don’t want him. | -对 -不 你不会想要他的 |
[15:07] | He’s a washout. | 他是只被淘汰的 |
[15:08] | – What does that mean? – He’s a good boy. | -什么意思 -他是个好孩子 |
[15:10] | Sweet, great with the staff. | 可爱 和工作人员都很好 |
[15:12] | Unfortunately, the training’s making clear | 遗憾的是 训练表明 |
[15:14] | he’s not much of a bomb sniffer. | 他不是一只能闻出炸弹的狗 |
[15:17] | Not like Patton, here. | 不像巴顿 |
[15:19] | Hey, boy. | 小子 |
[15:21] | You’re a pupper. | 你这个小狗狗 |
[15:23] | He’s a natural. | 他是天生的 |
[15:25] | Here, boy… | 过来 小子 |
[15:29] | Looks like we’ve found our star. | 看起来我们找到了明星 |
[15:31] | So, uh, what-what happens to Waffles? | 那 华夫会怎样 |
[15:34] | He’ll go up for adoption. | 他会被送出去寻找领养 |
[15:36] | Our washouts make fantastic pets. | 我们淘汰的狗都是很棒的宠物 |
[15:39] | Either of you in the market? | 你们二位有谁想要吗 |
[15:40] | Man, I wish I could, | 天 我希望我可以 |
[15:41] | but my building won’t allow dogs. | 但是我的公寓不允许养狗 |
[15:44] | B-But she’s been thinking about getting one. | 但是她一直在考虑养一只 |
[15:46] | What? No, actually, I have a new baby, so… | 什么 不 其实我有个婴儿 所以 |
[15:50] | Up to you. | 决定权在你们 |
[15:51] | Uh, in any event, if you are interested, he’ll go quickly. | 如果你们有兴趣 他很快就可以被领养 |
[15:55] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[15:55] | No, thanks. | 不 谢了 |
[15:56] | Although, he does seem like a good boy. | 不过他看起来像是只乖狗狗 |
[16:00] | Okay, uh, Gage, why don’t-why don’t we walk through the shoot? | 好了 盖奇 我们何不过一遍镜头 |
[16:03] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[16:05] | Hey, pal. | 伙计 |
[16:07] | Dinner’s gonna be about 7:00. | 七点左右开始晚餐 |
[16:09] | This lasagna’s vegetarian, if you want to ask Piper to join. | 如果你想叫派珀来 这个千层面是素的 |
[16:14] | No, that’s okay. | 不用 没事 |
[16:16] | You don’t want to invite her? | 你不想邀请她吗 |
[16:17] | No, it’s just that I think it’s important | 不是 只是我觉得 |
[16:20] | for just the family to spend some time together. | 我们一家在一起的时光很重要 |
[16:22] | That’s why we’ve barely seen you without Piper | 这就是为什么我们几乎看不到你不和派珀一起 |
[16:23] | in, like, five months. | 都五个多月了 |
[16:25] | Yeah. Tell me about it. | 是呀 我很清楚 |
[16:26] | W-Wait, hang on a second. | 等会儿 |
[16:28] | Wait, what’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[16:29] | Are you guys in a fight, or something? | 你们吵架了吗 |
[16:31] | Well, she wants to be. | 她倒希望我们吵架 |
[16:34] | I haven’t exactly been texting her back. | 我还没有给她回短信 |
[16:37] | Okay, all right, back up for a second. | 好了 等会儿 |
[16:38] | Uh, I mean, the last couple of weeks, | 几周以前 |
[16:40] | we haven’t been able to get you away from Piper. | 你和派珀好得如胶似漆 |
[16:42] | Now, what, you’re just ghosting her? | 现在你却不理她 |
[16:43] | That’s the thing. | 问题就在这里 |
[16:44] | I’m suffocating. | 我快要窒息了 |
[16:45] | You know? Like-like, | 你知道吗 比如 |
[16:47] | if I just want to hang out with my friends, she comes along. | 如果我只想和我的朋友们出去玩 她也会跟来 |
[16:49] | And if she goes to the mall, then, I go along. | 如果她去购物中心,我也得去 |
[16:52] | If she-if she volunteers at the homeless shelter, | 如果她去收容所做义工 |
[16:54] | then, I volunteer at the homeless shelter. | 我也得去收容所做义工 |
[16:55] | – I thought you liked volunteering. – Yeah. | -我以为你喜欢做义工 -是的 |
[16:57] | It was a profound experience in class awakening, | 做义工是一种阶级觉醒的深刻体验 |
[16:59] | but that’s not the point. | 但这不是重点 |
[17:00] | Well, look, it sounds to me | 好吧 听着 我觉得 |
[17:01] | like you guys just need to have a talk, | 你们只需要谈一谈 |
[17:03] | you know, about stuff like boundaries, | 比如给对方自己的空间之类的 |
[17:05] | maybe spending some time apart. | 也许分开一段时间 |
[17:06] | All we do is talk. All right? | 我们成天交谈 好吗 |
[17:08] | I’ve never been more in touch with my feelings, | 我对我的感觉非常坦诚 |
[17:10] | and it’s exhausting. | 但这很累的 |
[17:11] | And I always feel like… | 而且我总觉得 |
[17:12] | like I’m just coming up a little bit short. | 总是说不到点子上 |
[17:14] | Well, get used to that, buddy. | 这得慢慢来 儿子 |
[17:16] | Okay, well, we’ve had a good run, | 好吧 我们以前相处的不错 |
[17:18] | but it… I feel like it’s time to end things. | 但… 我觉得是时候结束了 |
[17:20] | Hang on. Listen to me. | 等会儿 听着 |
[17:21] | Piper’s been a really important person to you. | 派珀对你来说是一个非常重要的人 |
[17:23] | She’s been a great friend. | 她是你的好朋友 |
[17:25] | So if you want to end it, | 如果你想结束 |
[17:26] | don’t you think you owe it to her, and to yourself, | 难道你不认为你们应该 |
[17:28] | to have a conversation about it, face-to-face? | 面对面地谈一谈吗 |
[17:32] | That’s not really how kids do stuff anymore. | 现在的年轻人已经不这样了 |
[17:34] | Well, I don’t care how kids do stuff, | 我不关心年轻人怎样做 |
[17:35] | I care how you do stuff. | 我只关心你怎么做 |
[17:38] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:40] | All right. When are you gonna talk to her? | 那你打算什么时候跟她谈 |
[17:42] | Soon. Really soon. | 很快 很快就谈 |
[17:44] | I’m holding you to that. | 我可盯着你了啊 |
[17:46] | Madam Secretary, thanks for taking the time. | 国务卿女士 感谢您抽时间见我 |
[17:49] | Of course. What can I do for you? | 当然 我能为您做些什么 |
[17:51] | I wanted to give you this. | 我想给你这个 |
[17:54] | If that’s your resignation, I won’t accept it. | 如果那是你的辞呈 我不会接受的 |
[17:56] | I have to insist. | 我必须坚持 |
[17:58] | My position has been undermined. | 我的职位被攻陷了 |
[18:00] | I can’t be an effective negotiator | 喀土穆政权知道他们可以绕过我 |
[18:01] | when the regime in Khartoum knows they can | 直接从中央情报局 |
[18:03] | just go around me | 得到他们想要的 |
[18:04] | and get what they want from CIA. | 我根本没法谈判 |
[18:05] | Look, I’m as unhappy about how | 我对现在的情况 |
[18:07] | this is playing out as you are. | 和你一样不满意 |
[18:10] | But you are one of the ablest diplomats | 但你是国务院有史以来 |
[18:12] | this department has ever had. | 最能干的外交官之一 |
[18:15] | And we need you in the fight. | 我们在战斗中需要你 |
[18:16] | How am I supposed to fight | 有人在背后捅我刀子 |
[18:17] | when I’ve been stabbed in the back? | 这仗还怎么打 |
[18:20] | I tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[18:21] | Let me just hold onto it for a few days, | 再给我几天时间 |
[18:23] | and we’ll see where we’re at, all right? | 到时候再看情况 好吗 |
[18:26] | That’s entirely up to you, ma’am. | 这完全取决于你 国务卿 |
[18:28] | Now if you’ll excuse me… | 我退下了 |
[18:29] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[18:31] | I know that | 我知道 |
[18:32] | this must be a difficult week for you. | 这周对你来说一定很艰难 |
[18:35] | My position on Sudan has nothing to do with the bombing. | 我对苏丹的立场与轰炸无关 |
[18:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:39] | If you wanted to speak at the memorial tomorrow, | 如果你愿意在明天的纪念仪式上讲话 |
[18:42] | the department would be honored. | 国务院会非常荣幸 |
[18:45] | That’s very gracious of you, ma’am, but no, thank you. | 国务卿 感谢您的好意 不过算了 谢谢您 |
[18:49] | I read the report. | 我读了报告 |
[18:53] | You saved lives that day. | 你那天救了很多人 |
[18:55] | You embodied the very best of this department. | 你诠释了国务院最好的一面 |
[18:59] | The very best of humanity, for that matter. | 以及人类最好的一面 |
[19:01] | I was having an affair. | 我有外遇 |
[19:03] | Is that in your report? | 你的报告是这么写的吗 |
[19:05] | She was all those things that you just talked about. | 她具有你刚才提到的那些好品质 |
[19:08] | As were many of my colleagues, | 我的许多同事也一样 |
[19:10] | and the innocent, beautiful children at that school. | 还有那所学校里天真漂亮的孩子 |
[19:13] | And for the life of me, I can’t explain why I am here, | 而我 我不明白我为什么还活着 |
[19:17] | when she is not and they are not, and so, no. | 而她和他们却死去了 所以 不 |
[19:21] | Thank you very much, | 非常感谢 |
[19:22] | but I will not be speaking at the memorial. | 但我不会在仪式上讲话的 |
[19:24] | Now if you’ll excuse me. | 现在我要走了 |
[19:30] | Everything’s fine. | 没事 |
[19:32] | It’s just a tough week for him. | 对他来说 这星期是艰难的一周 |
[19:35] | For a lot of people. | 对很多人来说也是这样 |
[19:37] | Uh, your motorcade is here to take you to the White House. | 您的车队在等着送您去白宫 |
[19:39] | I’ll be right out. | 我马上出去 |
[19:47] | Elizabeth. Tom. | 伊丽莎白 汤姆 |
[19:50] | – Mr. President. – Mr. President. | -总统先生 -总统先生 |
[19:51] | So, I hear we’ve achieved clarity on Sudan’s finances, | 我听说我们已经明确了苏丹的财政状况 |
[19:55] | if that’s not an oxymoron. | 如果你们没跟我开玩笑的话 |
[19:57] | That’s correct, sir. | 没错 先生 |
[19:58] | We were able to track some of the suspicious transactions | 我们追踪了到一些可疑的交易 |
[20:01] | from origin to endpoint. | 从开始到结束 |
[20:02] | While this isn’t a complete picture, | 虽然我们还没有掌握到全部信息 |
[20:04] | it does give us a fairly good sense | 但现有的资料已经能够很好地反应 |
[20:05] | of the overall purpose of the operation. | 整个操作的目的 |
[20:08] | And? | 是什么 |
[20:08] | Basically, the money winds up in Swiss bank accounts, | 基本上 这些钱流入瑞士银行账户 |
[20:11] | or goes toward the purchase of | 或者用于购买欧洲的 |
[20:13] | luxury real estate in Europe. | 豪华地产 |
[20:14] | President Qasim does appear to be feathering his nest, | 卡西姆总统似乎在中饱私囊 |
[20:17] | should he ever retire, or be forced from power, more likely. | 他可能要退休 更有可能的是被迫下台 |
[20:22] | So no illicit weapons purchases or terrorist slush fund? | 所以他们没有非法购买武器或恐怖主义贿赂基金 |
[20:26] | No, sir. Just the usual dictator shenanigans, | 不 先生 就像您所怀疑的那样 |
[20:28] | as you suspected. | 只是普通的独裁者伎俩 |
[20:30] | Yes, but we should add, | 是的 但是要知道 |
[20:31] | we still don’t know who’s managing | 我们仍然不知道谁在 |
[20:33] | these transactions for him. | 为他管理这些交易 |
[20:34] | That’s fairly academic, at this point. | 到现在为止 这些还都是理论性的 |
[20:37] | Well, then, uh… | 那么 |
[20:39] | I think we should move forward | 我认为我们应该继续跟进 |
[20:42] | with formally lifting the sanctions. | 正式解除制裁 |
[20:43] | Before you voice them, your reservations are noted. | 你跟他们联系之前 我会记得你的保留意见 |
[20:46] | And shared, for that matter. | 就这一点而言 大家都有同感 |
[20:48] | Understood, sir. | 明白 阁下 |
[20:54] | Ma’am? A word? | 国务卿 几句话 |
[20:57] | It’s urgent. | 很紧急 |
[21:02] | – Ma’am. – Hi, Evelyn. | -国务卿 -伊芙琳 |
[21:04] | Evelyn and her team | 伊芙琳和她的团队 |
[21:05] | were able to track down the identities | 找到了一些 |
[21:06] | of some of the key players | 卡西姆总统的 |
[21:08] | behind President Qasim’s financial moves. | 财政动作背后的关键人物 |
[21:10] | I-I appreciate | 我很感谢 |
[21:11] | your dogged professionalism, | 你们顽强的敬业精神 |
[21:13] | but POTUS just moved to lift the sanctions, | 但总统刚刚决定解除制裁 |
[21:16] | so their identities aren’t germane anymore. | 所以他们的身份已经无关紧要了 |
[21:19] | – But thank you. – With respect, ma’am, | -但是谢谢你 -恕我直言 国务卿 |
[21:21] | they are. | 他们的身份仍然很重要 |
[21:23] | This is… | 这是… |
[21:24] | Gaafar El-Basha. | 加法·巴沙 |
[21:25] | The Al-Qaeda money man behind | 1998年乌干达爆炸案 |
[21:28] | the Uganda bombing in ’98. | 幕后的资金管理者 |
[21:29] | He was killed by a drone strike eight years ago. | 八年前 他被无人机袭击致死 |
[21:33] | Are you telling me he’s alive? | 你是说他还活着吗 |
[21:35] | According to our sources, he’s back home in Khartoum | 根据我们的消息 他回到了喀土穆的家 |
[21:36] | using his financial acumen on behalf of President Qasim. | 替卡西姆总统打理财产 |
[21:42] | Not if I have anything to say about it. | 这事我得去说道说道 |
[21:48] | Mr. President, Sudan has been harboring | 总统先生 苏丹多年来一直瞒着我们 |
[21:50] | a known terrorist under our nose for years. | 收留恐怖分子 |
[21:52] | If that isn’t violating the terms of the sanctions, | 如果这不是违反制裁条款的行为 |
[21:55] | I don’t know what is. | 我不知道什么才是 |
[21:56] | True, but on the other hand, you yourself said that | 是的 但另一方面 你自己也这么说 |
[21:59] | El-Basha isn’t engaged in any terrorist activity. | 巴沙没有参与任何恐怖活动 |
[22:01] | He’s just laundering money so that President Qasim | 他只是在洗钱 这样总统卡西姆 |
[22:04] | can say he owns a château | 才能公开说他在卢瓦河谷 |
[22:05] | in the Loire Valley. | 拥有一座城堡 |
[22:06] | So what are we suggesting here? | 那么我们怎么办 |
[22:09] | We just let him go? | 我们就让他逃走吗 |
[22:11] | Well, it’s possible that once the sanctions are lifted | 一旦制裁解除 卡西姆可能就 |
[22:13] | Qasim won’t need El-Basha anymore | 不再需要巴沙了 |
[22:15] | and he’ll just hand him over. | 他会把他交出来 |
[22:16] | Maybe the prospect of them | 也许他们被重罚的可能性 |
[22:17] | being reimposed is enough to get Qasim to cough him up. | 就足以让卡西姆把他交出来 |
[22:20] | Respectfully, sir, | 恕我直言 阁下 |
[22:22] | we were all spies once. | 你我曾经都是间谍 |
[22:24] | El-Basha knows where all of Qasim’s bodies are buried, | 巴沙了解卡西姆的所有黑幕 |
[22:27] | at least the financial ones. | 更别说财政方面的了 |
[22:29] | Do we really believe that he’s just going to cut him loose? | 我们真的相信他会把他甩掉吗 |
[22:33] | What do you suggest, Bess? | 贝丝 你有什么建议 |
[22:34] | We slow play lifting the sanctions, | 我们减慢制裁解除速度 |
[22:36] | and mount an operation and grab that son of a bitch. | 然后发起行动 抓住那个混蛋 |
[22:39] | Excuse my French, Mr. President. | 原谅我的脏话 总统先生 |
[22:41] | Well, that wouldn’t exactly be | 用这样的方式 |
[22:41] | the most auspicious beginning | 开始一段新的伙伴关系 |
[22:43] | to this new chapter in our relationship. | 有点不太好 |
[22:45] | Mr. President, our base plans are very far along. | 总统先生 我们的基地计划很长远 |
[22:47] | We’ve got dozens of CIA personnel in-country. | 我们在该国有很多中情局人员 |
[22:52] | Actually, that helps. | 实际上 这有帮助 |
[22:56] | So, what did Conrad say? | 那么 康拉德说了什么 |
[23:00] | That he’ll think it over. | 他说他会仔细考虑的 |
[23:02] | Oh, that’s usually the kiss of death. | 那通常是死亡之吻 |
[23:04] | Tomorrow, I’m going to look State Department staffers | 明天 我要去看着国务院的同事们的眼睛 |
[23:09] | in the eye and say, “Times have changed | 说 “自从乌干达爆炸事件后 |
[23:12] | since the bombing in Uganda.” When in fact, | 时代已经变了” 而事实上 |
[23:15] | one of the very terrorists | 一个对这起爆炸案负责的恐怖分子 |
[23:17] | responsible for the bombing | 就在喀土穆[苏丹首府] |
[23:19] | is cooling his heels in Khartoum, | 过着安闲舒适的生活 |
[23:20] | which makes a damn good case | 很好地证明了 |
[23:22] | that nothing has changed at all. | 根本什么都没有改变 |
[23:27] | Whole thing makes me sick. | 整件事让我恶心 |
[23:29] | Hey. Come on. | 过来 |
[23:33] | These folks have been around the block. | 那些人来到这里 |
[23:35] | They don’t expect you to somehow resolve their grief. | 他们并不希望你能够结束他们的悲伤 |
[23:38] | You just need to be sincerely present for it | 你只需要真诚地表达哀悼 |
[23:41] | and I have no doubt you’ll do that. | 我毫不怀疑你能做到 |
[23:42] | Much like you are now. | 就像你现在一样 |
[23:44] | Yes, this is all just an elaborate ruse | 是的 这只是一个精心设计的诡计 |
[23:46] | to get you to give me a compliment. | 让你给我一个赞美 |
[23:49] | What’s going on around here? | 这里发生了什么事 |
[23:51] | What’s the latest with Piper-Gate? | 派珀门事件又有什么新进展吗 |
[23:54] | Oh, you know, I don’t know. I should check on that. | 我不知道 我应该去看看 |
[23:56] | No, you shouldn’t. | 不 你不应该 |
[23:58] | You don’t think that he owes her the respect | 你不认为他应该当面和她分手 |
[23:59] | – to break up with her in person? – I do. | -以示尊重吗 -当然 |
[24:02] | But I also think kids have to work this stuff out themselves. | 但我也认为孩子们必须自己解决这些问题 |
[24:06] | Come on. There’s never been a more important time | 这是坚持让我们的儿子 |
[24:08] | for us to insist our son | 尊重女性 |
[24:10] | treat women with respect. | 的最佳时机 |
[24:11] | You are preaching to the choir. | 你这是在向唱诗班布道 |
[24:14] | But sticking your nose into teenage romance? | 但是 插手年轻人的恋爱 |
[24:18] | That way lies madness. | 这是疯狂的举动 |
[24:20] | True. | 没错 |
[24:22] | But I’m feeling cocky. | 但我就是这么自以为是 |
[24:24] | I’m gonna go for it. | 我要去找他 |
[24:25] | – Yeah. I’m doing it. – Henry. | -是的 我去了 -亨利 |
[24:26] | Don’t. Don’t. | 别去 别去 |
[24:28] | Hey, Jace. | 小杰 |
[24:29] | Yeah, what’s up? | 有什么事吗 |
[24:30] | You talk to Piper yet? | 你和派珀谈了吗 |
[24:32] | Oh, you know, um, it’s just such a sensitive topic. | 这是一个非常敏感的话题 |
[24:35] | I’m waiting for the right time. | 我在等待合适的时机 |
[24:36] | Mm-hmm, yeah. | 是呀 |
[24:38] | So in other words, you’re still ghosting her. | 换句话说 你还在不理她 |
[24:40] | Wait, you actually want to break up with Piper? | 等等 你真的想和派珀分手 |
[24:42] | Wow, you’re an even bigger idiot | 你真是个大白痴 |
[24:44] | – than I thought you were. – You’re an idiot. | -比我想象的还要蠢 -你才是白痴 |
[24:45] | All right, let’s play “Who’s an Idiot?” Later. | 我们以后再玩”谁是白痴”的游戏 |
[24:47] | Um, get your phone and text Piper. | 拿起你的手机 给派珀发短信 |
[24:48] | Tell her you want to talk to her and then get your shoes. | 告诉她你想和她谈谈 然后去穿上鞋 |
[24:50] | We’re gonna go over there. | 我们现在就去找派珀 |
[24:51] | – What? No. – Yup. | -什么 不行 -没错 |
[24:52] | Yeah, at least have the balls to tell her in person. | 是啊 至少有种当面告诉她 |
[24:54] | You go, Dad. | 好样的 爸爸 |
[24:57] | Can’t I just call Piper? | 我就不能给派珀打电话说吗 |
[24:59] | Seems like a happy medium. | 这是让所有人都高兴的这种办法 |
[25:00] | Jace, just open the door and go talk to her. | 杰斯 打开门出去跟她谈谈 |
[25:03] | I’ll be waiting right here. | 我就在这儿等着 |
[25:04] | Henry. | 亨利 |
[25:05] | Jason, hi. | 杰森 你好 |
[25:07] | – Piper told me you’d be stopping by. – Hi. | -派珀告诉我你们要来 -你好 |
[25:08] | Hi, Regina. | 雷吉娜 你好 |
[25:10] | She’s upstairs, Jason. | 她在楼上 杰森 |
[25:11] | Do you want to come inside for a cup of coffee? | 你想进来喝杯咖啡吗 |
[25:13] | Uh, I was just dropping Jason off. | 我送完杰森就走 |
[25:15] | Oh. Thank God they’ll be able to drive at night soon, right? | 谢天谢地 他们很快就能在晚上开车了 |
[25:19] | Come on. Have some coffee. | 来吧 喝点咖啡 |
[25:20] | Uh… sure. | 好吧 |
[25:29] | Hey, Piper. | 你好 派珀 |
[25:38] | Jason seems so serious tonight. | 杰森今晚看起来很严肃 |
[25:40] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[25:41] | But, you know, he’s a heady kid. | 你知道的 他是个好孩子 |
[25:43] | He’s thoughtful, mature. | 他体贴又成熟 |
[25:45] | Well, that’s great to hear. | 你这么说真是太好了 |
[25:48] | Frank and I just adore him. | 弗兰克和我非常喜欢他 |
[25:50] | Elizabeth and I are very fond of Piper, too. | 伊丽莎白和我也很喜欢派珀 |
[25:53] | You know, the four of us should all have dinner sometime. | 我们四个人应该找时间一起吃顿晚饭 |
[25:55] | I’m… I know the Secretary’s probably very busy. | 我 我知道国务卿可能很忙 |
[25:57] | No, no, that’d be great. | 不 不 那太好了 |
[25:59] | Maybe on prom night. | 也许在舞会之夜 |
[26:02] | Yeah, parents’ prom. | 是的 父母的舞会 |
[26:03] | Hey, Dad, so, time to go. | 爸爸 该走了 |
[26:06] | Well, it’s great to see you again, Regina. | 很高兴再次见到你 雷吉娜 |
[26:08] | Um, can’t wait till they can drive at night, huh? | 真是等不及他们能晚上自己开车了 |
[26:10] | Bye-bye now. | 再见 |
[26:16] | In closing, | 最后 |
[26:18] | Abraham Lincoln wrote of those who perished | 亚伯拉罕·林肯写下了他对那时 |
[26:20] | in the great struggle of his age, | 在伟大斗争中死去的人要说的话 |
[26:22] | “That from these honored dead we take increased devotion | “由于这些光荣的死者 我们更加热爱 |
[26:26] | “to that cause for which they gave | “那些他们为之献身 |
[26:28] | the last full measure of devotion.” | “的伟大事业” |
[26:32] | For our beloved, fallen colleagues, | 对我们亲爱的 去世的同事们来说 |
[26:35] | that cause was and remains the promotion | 这个伟大事业是并且仍然是 |
[26:38] | of this nation’s highest ideals: | 这个国家最高理想的升华 |
[26:42] | equality, freedom, | 平等 自由 |
[26:45] | justice and democracy. | 正义和民主 |
[26:49] | Let’s honor their memory by humbly continuing | 让我们继续谦卑地为这伟大事业奋斗 |
[26:53] | to serve that noble cause. | 以此来纪念他们 |
[26:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:01] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢你 国务卿女士 |
[27:05] | And now we will observe a moment of silence | 现在我们默哀片刻 |
[27:09] | before the reading of the names | 然后我们将宣读所有 |
[27:11] | of all who perished in the attack, | 在袭击中死去的人的名字 |
[27:15] | American and Ugandan. | 美国人和乌干达人 |
[27:19] | Please bow your heads. | 请默哀 |
[27:28] | You think M-Sec | 你认为国务卿在演讲中 |
[27:29] | sold the Lincoln quote? | 引用林肯有效果吗 |
[27:30] | Wait, is that what you’re thinking about? | 等等 你一直在想这个吗 |
[27:32] | You mean my job? Yeah. | 这是我的工作 是的 |
[27:34] | You know, for someone so talented, | 作为一个如此有才华的人 |
[27:36] | you can be a real weenie. | 你可真够胆小的 |
[27:37] | Ouch. You’re lashing out. | 哎哟 你开嘴炮了 |
[27:40] | That’s natural. You know why? | 这很正常 你知道为什么吗 |
[27:42] | Because Joanna’s colicky and I haven’t gotten | 因为乔安娜得了疝气 而我一个月 |
[27:44] | four consecutive hours of sleep in a month? | 没有四个小时以上的睡眠了 |
[27:47] | You’re single. You’re lonely. | 因为你是单身 因为你孤独 |
[27:49] | What you need is a loyal, uncomplicated companion. | 你需要的是一个忠诚 不复杂的伴侣 |
[27:53] | I know you’re not talking about you. | 我知道你不是在说你自己 |
[27:54] | Again, ouch. | 你好狠 |
[27:56] | But no, I’m talking about Waffles. | 不 我说的是华夫 |
[27:58] | Did you not hear what I just said? | 你没听见我刚才说的话吗 |
[28:01] | I’m exhausted literally all the time. | 我一直都很累 |
[28:02] | I don’t have the energy for a dog. | 没有力气养狗 |
[28:04] | I hear that. | 我听到了 |
[28:05] | Now hear this. | 听我说 |
[28:06] | A dog in the house is proven | 养狗已经被证明 |
[28:07] | to improve your child’s immune system. | 能够改善孩子的免疫系统 |
[28:09] | That’s science. | 这是科学 |
[28:11] | Also, dogs are excellent deterrents to criminals. | 此外 狗对罪犯也是极好的威慑 |
[28:13] | That’s very important for a single mom. | 这对单亲妈妈来说非常重要 |
[28:15] | Please, keep saying “Single.” | 请一直说”单身” |
[28:16] | Which leads me to my last point. | 这就引出了我的最后一点 |
[28:18] | Let’s face it. A baby carriage ain’t exactly a man magnet. | 让我们面对现实吧 一辆婴儿车并不能吸引异性 |
[28:22] | I hate you so much. | 我讨厌死你了 |
[28:24] | But you know what is? | 但你知道什么能吸引异性吗 |
[28:27] | You’re just playing on my fear of dying alone | 你想通过玩弄我对孤独的恐惧 |
[28:29] | to make me get a dog that you actually want. | 来让我养一条你想要的狗 |
[28:32] | That doesn’t mean I’m wrong. | 这并不说明我说错了 |
[28:33] | Out. | 快出去 |
[28:34] | I’d walk him for you. | 我会帮你遛狗的 |
[28:35] | Go. Come on. | 快滚 |
[28:38] | You know, it would mean a lot to me to know | 你知道吗 有条狗保护你和乔安娜 |
[28:41] | that you and Joanna had someone to help keep you safe. | 这对我来说很重要 |
[28:45] | You know, you should’ve just opened with that, man. | 你应该一上来就这么说 |
[28:48] | Weenie. | 胆小呗 |
[28:54] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[28:55] | We’ve got intel on El-Basha. | 我们在找到了关于巴沙情报 |
[28:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[29:04] | CIA still hasn’t nailed down his exact place of residence | 中央情报局还没有确定他 |
[29:06] | in Khartoum, but there does appear to be a villa, | 在喀土穆确切的居住地 |
[29:09] | uh, under the name of an otherwise poor relation | 但他们似乎在苏丹港发现了一座别墅 |
[29:11] | in Port Sudan. | 在一个穷亲戚的名下 |
[29:13] | Well, at least we’ve got one fixed location for him. | 至少我们确定了一个他的确切住地 |
[29:16] | That’s good. | 这很好 |
[29:17] | Nice pool, by the way. | 顺便说一句 游泳池不错 |
[29:19] | But he’s not there now | 但他现在不在那里 |
[29:20] | and the Red Sea’s at least a full day’s drive from Khartoum. | 而从红海开车到喀土穆至少需要一天 |
[29:22] | So, while the villa’s a nice data point, | 所以 虽然别墅是个不错的数据点 |
[29:24] | there’s no telling when he might actually show up there. | 却不知道他什么时候会出现在那里 |
[29:30] | Maybe we should force his hand. | 也许我们应该逼他一下 |
[29:38] | It is a pleasure, Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[29:41] | to be able to speak to you | 很荣幸和您 |
[29:42] | with the candor of a friend and equal. | 像朋友一样坦诚而平等地交谈 |
[29:46] | Well, the pleasure is all mine, Mr. Foreign Minister. | 是我的荣幸 外交部长先生 |
[29:49] | Sudan looks to build on many shared areas of corporation | 苏丹希望和美国在许多共同的领域建立合作 |
[29:52] | and we count the days | 我们迫不及待地 |
[29:55] | until these onerous sanctions are lifted. | 解除这些繁重的制裁 |
[29:57] | As do we. | 我们也一样 |
[30:00] | Although, we did learn something of concern recently. | 但我们最近确实发现了一些令人担忧的事 |
[30:03] | And what is that? | 是什么事 |
[30:04] | It seems too incredible to be true, | 这似乎难以置信 |
[30:06] | but are you familiar with the name Gaafar El-Basha? | 但是你听过加法·巴沙这个名字吗 |
[30:09] | He was an Al-Qaeda financier. | 他曾为基地组织提供资金 |
[30:12] | I remember the name vaguely. | 我隐约记得这个名字 |
[30:13] | Um, he was killed some years ago, no? | 他在几年前被杀了 不是吗 |
[30:17] | Well, that’s just it. | 好了 就是这事 |
[30:19] | We have intelligence that he might be alive. | 有情报显示他可能还活着 |
[30:23] | Well, this is indeed incredible. | 这真是难以置信 |
[30:25] | Furthermore, he might be hiding out | 此外 他可能就躲在 |
[30:27] | in his hometown of Khartoum. | 他的家乡喀土穆 |
[30:28] | But this is impossible. | 但这是不可能的 |
[30:30] | Where did you hear such a story? | 你从哪里听到这个消息的 |
[30:32] | In light of our burgeoning partnership, | 鉴于我们迅速发展的伙伴关系 |
[30:35] | might your government help in our search for him? | 你的政府会帮助我们寻找他吗 |
[30:38] | You have my word, Madam Secretary. | 我保证 国务卿女士 |
[30:40] | If this ghost, El-Basha, is in Khartoum, | 如果这个鬼魂巴沙在喀土穆 |
[30:44] | we will certainly find him. | 我们一定会找到他的 |
[30:46] | That would mean a great deal to us. | 这对我们来说很重要 |
[30:50] | Thank you, Rashad. | 谢谢你 拉沙德 |
[30:51] | Good evening, Elizabeth. | 晚安 伊丽莎白 |
[31:00] | It’s done. | 办完了 |
[31:09] | Tell me that story again. | 再给我讲一遍吧 |
[31:11] | Not funny, Elizabeth. | 这不好玩 伊丽莎白 |
[31:14] | Henry, come on. | 亨利 求你了 |
[31:15] | I had a really hard day. | 我今天过得很辛苦 |
[31:20] | So, Jace comes running out, | 所以 小杰跑着出来了 |
[31:23] | like, “Go, go, go!” | 喊着 “走 走 走” |
[31:24] | And then you turn to Regina and say? | 然后你跟雷吉娜说 |
[31:28] | “Can’t wait till they can drive at night, huh?” | “等不及他们可以晚上开车了 是吧” |
[31:32] | That just… | 这… |
[31:33] | – Probably the most… – It-it’s too good. | -可能是我一生中… -实在太好笑了 |
[31:35] | …awkward moment ever. | …最尴尬的时刻 |
[31:36] | I-I-I froze. I-I really bricked. | 我愣住了 真的不知道说什么 |
[31:38] | I told you not to get involved. | 我告诉过你不要介入 |
[31:41] | I feel bad. | 我感觉很糟糕 |
[31:42] | If I want Jason to figure out | 如果我想让杰森知道 |
[31:44] | how to treat people respectfully, | 如何尊重别人 |
[31:45] | I should’ve modeled that. | 我应该给他做榜样 |
[31:47] | But I-I just let that poor woman prattle on | 但我让那个可怜的女人唠叨个没完 |
[31:50] | about spending prom night with us. | 还想要跟我们一起过舞会之夜 |
[31:52] | – Oh, please. Let-let’s not do that. Okay? – No. | -不要 我不想这样做 -不会的 |
[31:55] | Well, it’s moot, anyway. | 只是个提议而已 |
[31:57] | And then when Jason bailed, I was just… | 然后杰森溜了 我傻乎乎的说 |
[31:59] | “Can you wait till he can drive at night? | “等不及他们可以晚上开车了” |
[32:01] | – Am I right, Regina” – All right, all right. | -“我说得对吗 雷吉娜” -行了 行了 |
[32:03] | – “Is this thing working? I know I am”” – Stop it. | -“这对你管用吗 反正对我挺管用的” -别闹了 |
[32:07] | You know what I’m gonna do? | 你知道我要做什么吗 |
[32:08] | – What? – I’m gonna call her, | -什么 -我要打电话给她 |
[32:09] | and apologize and just clear the air. | 抱歉 解释清楚 |
[32:11] | Uh, yeah… Oh, Henry, you are in a hole. | 行了 亨利 你被困在牛角尖里 |
[32:12] | Just quit digging, would you? | 就别再继续钻了 好吗 |
[32:14] | Never. | 不好 |
[32:15] | Good night, beautiful. | 晚安 美人 |
[32:17] | Good night, handsome. | 晚安 帅哥 |
[32:30] | Not funny. | 这不好笑 |
[32:31] | It is so funny. | 太好笑了 |
[32:34] | Hi, I’m Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord, | 大家好 我是国务卿伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[32:36] | and this is Patton. | 这是巴顿 |
[32:38] | He’s training for a very special mission. | 它正在为一项非常特殊的任务而接受训练 |
[32:41] | There’s no denying he’s cute. | 无可否认 他很可爱 |
[32:42] | He’s so much more than that. | 他远不止这样 |
[32:44] | He’s got spirit. Just-just look into his eyes. | 他有灵性 只要看看他的眼睛 |
[32:47] | He’ll show them all. | 就能看出来 |
[32:48] | It’s just not the right time, | 现在不是时候 |
[32:49] | and-and that’s all there is to it. | 就这样 |
[32:50] | Fine. | 很好 |
[32:51] | Are you ready, Patton? | 巴顿 你准备好了吗 |
[32:52] | Come on. Let’s go. Come on. | 来吧 我们走吧 来吧 |
[32:54] | Patton is a real pro. | 巴顿是一个真正的专家 |
[32:55] | Yeah, screw that guy. | 是呀 那个家伙去死吧 |
[32:57] | And that’s a cut. | 停机 |
[32:58] | 我想向你们展示这些神奇的动物能做什么 好了吗 巴顿 我们走 | |
[32:59] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢 国务卿 |
[33:01] | We’ll be ready with the next setup in just a minute. | 我们将在一分钟内准备好下一个布景 |
[33:02] | Great. Cool. | 太好了 |
[33:05] | I have got to tell you guys, this place is making me rethink | 我得告诉你们 这个地方让我重新思考 |
[33:08] | my whole stance on not getting a dog. | 我对不养狗的态度 |
[33:11] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[33:13] | Look at how cute you are. | 看看你有多可爱 |
[33:16] | He’s so much more than that, though. | 他可不只是可爱 |
[33:17] | 快领养我 华夫 | |
[33:18] | “Waffles,” | 他叫华夫 |
[33:19] | Waffles is up for adoption? | 华夫在等待被领养吗 |
[33:23] | Oh, my goodness, sweetheart, | 天哪 亲爱的 |
[33:24] | do you want to come home with me | 你想和我一起回家吗 |
[33:25] | and just snugg-ugg-ugg… | 被亲亲抱抱举高高… |
[33:26] | Already spoken for. | 它已经被领养了 |
[33:28] | Yes… Yeah. I’m adopting him. | 是的 我要领养它 |
[33:29] | Waffles is my dog, okay? | 华夫是我的狗 |
[33:32] | – O-Okay. – It’s her dog. | -好吧 -它是她的狗 |
[33:33] | Oh, good. Great, Daisy, that’s… | 很好 太好了 黛西 这… |
[33:35] | – We’re ready when you are, Madam Secretary. – Okay. | -我们准备好了 国务卿女士 -好的 |
[33:42] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[33:45] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[33:47] | Looks like your plan to get El-Basha | 看来你将巴沙逼出喀土穆的 |
[33:48] | out of Khartoum worked. | 计划奏效了 |
[33:50] | Well, we’ll see. | 我们很快就能 |
[33:54] | Soon enough. | 看到结果了 |
[33:56] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:56] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[33:59] | Anyway, thanks for coming. | 不管怎样 谢谢光临 |
[34:01] | Lydia thought I could stand to have some company | 莉迪亚觉得我在等待结果的时候 |
[34:03] | while I’m waiting to hear how this plays out, so… | 需要有人陪着 所以… |
[34:07] | thanks for being here. | 谢谢你们过来 |
[34:13] | You know, Bess, I’ve been thinking about | 贝丝 我一直在想 |
[34:15] | that bombing in Uganda, all those years ago. | 多年前乌干达的爆炸事件 |
[34:17] | One of the first shots in what’s turned out | 后来才知道 这是一场漫长的战斗的 |
[34:18] | to be a very long fight. | 第一枪 |
[34:21] | We have children that were born after that started. | 我们的孩子们是在那之后出生的 |
[34:24] | And there’s still no real end in sight. | 而且现在仍然看不到真正的终点 |
[34:26] | Well, we’ve had many successes. | 我们已经取得了很多成功 |
[34:28] | We’ve downgraded Al-Qaeda and ISIL… | 我们已经打击了基地组织和伊斯兰国… |
[34:30] | and Al-Shabaab, | 索马里青年党 |
[34:32] | and Boko Haram and the rest. | 还有博科圣地和其他的 |
[34:35] | 20 years, trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives. | 二十年 数万亿美元 成千上万的美国人的生命 |
[34:42] | I’ve stood on that tarmac at Dover | 我站在多佛的停机坪上 |
[34:44] | and saluted more coffins than I can count. | 向数不清的棺材行礼 |
[34:48] | And are we any closer to victory? | 我们离胜利更近了吗 |
[34:50] | I mean, what would victory even look like? | 胜利会是什么样子 |
[34:52] | – It’s a paradox. – I-I feel like | -这是一个悖论 -我觉得 |
[34:54] | I’m failing the American people, like I’m failing the world, | 我辜负了美国人民 我也辜负了全世界 |
[34:56] | because I don’t have a better answer. | 因为我没有更好的答案 |
[34:58] | Well, I know going after | 好吧 我知道追查巴沙 |
[34:59] | El-Basha is personal to me, | 我有些私心 |
[35:00] | but Conrad, I think this one is worth the risk. | 但是康拉德 我认为这值得冒险 |
[35:05] | It always is. | 总是值得的 |
[35:08] | That’s the problem, in some ways. | 在某些方面 这就是问题所在 |
[35:09] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[35:11] | The SEALs are inside El-Basha’s compound. | 海豹突击队已经进入巴沙的院子 |
[35:27] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[35:29] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[35:31] | Invictus. Repeat, Invictus. | 无敌 重复一遍 无敌 |
[35:34] | Invictus, copy. | 无敌 收到 |
[35:36] | Proceed to rendezvous for exfil. | 回到集合地点以便撤退 |
[35:43] | Madam Secretary, Sudan must officially protest | 国务卿女士 苏丹必须正式抗议 |
[35:46] | this violation of our sovereignty. | 你们的行动侵犯了我们的主权 |
[35:48] | Sure. Why not? | 当然了 为什么不呢 |
[35:51] | I’m really calling to alert your government to two items. | 我打电话是想提醒贵政府注意两件事 |
[35:54] | Gaafar El-Basha is awaiting | 加法·巴沙正在 |
[35:55] | arraignment on terrorism charges | 弗吉尼亚州东区的联邦法院 |
[35:58] | in federal court in the Eastern District of Virginia– | 等待恐怖主义指控的传讯 |
[36:00] | that’s where the preponderance of his victims used to live, | 他的受害者多数都曾住在那里 |
[36:03] | you see–excluding, of course, the dozens of Ugandans | 当然 不包括那几十个 |
[36:06] | who were also murdered that day. | 乌干达受害者 |
[36:08] | Shall I read you all the names? | 要我把名字一个个地念给你听吗 |
[36:10] | We will rescind our approval of the CIA base in our country. | 我们将撤销批准中情局在我国的基地 |
[36:14] | But the CIA agents in Sudan | 但是 中情局在苏丹的特工 |
[36:16] | have already proven their worth. | 已经证明了他们的价值 |
[36:18] | In fact, it was their intel | 事实上 是他们的情报 |
[36:21] | that brought a notorious terrorist to justice. | 使一个臭名昭著的恐怖分子受到了审判 |
[36:23] | How can the U.S. afford to lose such an asset? | 美国怎么能失去这样的资源呢 |
[36:28] | I’m telling you what you should say to me next year, | 我告诉你明年你应该对我说什么 |
[36:31] | when the U.S. will reconsider lifting the sanctions. | 那时美国将重新考虑解除制裁 |
[36:33] | A year’s time? | 一年后 |
[36:35] | We had an agreement. | 我们是有协议的 |
[36:36] | We did. | 没错 |
[36:37] | And we will again, | 只要贵国和我们的交涉 |
[36:39] | provided you’re transparent in your dealings with us. | 能以诚相待 我们将再一次签署协议 |
[36:45] | But there’s one thing that you should know, | 但是以后有一件事 |
[36:46] | going forward: | 你应该知道 |
[36:49] | when it comes to avenging harm done to our people, | 当我们为我国人民所受伤害复仇的时候 |
[36:54] | we never forget. | 我们永远不会忘记 |
[36:59] | Let me know what you decide about the base. Bye. | 基地的事情 决定好了告诉我 再见 |
[37:02] | Wait, just a… | 等等… |
[37:06] | Hi, Regina, it’s Henry McCord. How are you? | 你好 雷吉娜 我是亨利·麦考德 你好吗 |
[37:09] | Good– I’m fine, yeah, I’m fine. | 好的 我很好 |
[37:11] | Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the… | 我想和你谈谈 |
[37:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:16] | …other night, um… | 那天晚上 |
[37:18] | Uh, I’m sorry, Regina, can I call you right back? | 对不起 雷吉娜 我能过会儿给你回电话吗 |
[37:20] | Yes. Thanks. Sorry. | 是的 谢谢 对不起 |
[37:21] | Uh, hey, Piper. | 你好 派珀 |
[37:22] | Hi, Henry. | 你好 亨利 |
[37:23] | Um, Jace, can I… | 杰斯 我可以… |
[37:25] | talk to you for just one sec? | 跟你说几句话吗 |
[37:26] | Yeah. Sure. | 当然 |
[37:30] | What’s up, Dad? | 爸爸 有什么事吗 |
[37:32] | Uh, you, uh… | 你… |
[37:33] | Why don’t you tell me? | 你有什么事要对我说吗 |
[37:37] | Oh, yeah, um, you were totally right. | 是啊 你说的很对 |
[37:40] | You know, just… after the other night, | 只是… 那天晚上之后 |
[37:43] | I-I realized that, you know, I wanted some space, | 我意识到 我想要一些空间 |
[37:45] | but not infinite, endless space. | 但不是无限的 无尽的空间 |
[37:48] | So, you know, we talked it out, | 所以 我们谈过了 |
[37:50] | and, uh, I feel like we really grew as a couple, so… | 我觉得我们真的像一对情侣一样共同成长 所以… |
[37:53] | thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 爸爸 |
[37:56] | Good for you, son. | 真不错 儿子 |
[38:01] | Madam Secretary, you wanted to see me? | 国务卿女士 您找我 |
[38:04] | Yeah. Peter, I, uh… | 是的 彼得 我… |
[38:07] | I wanted to tell you that I accept your resignation | 我想告诉你 我接受你 |
[38:10] | as special envoy to Sudan and South Sudan. | 作为苏丹和南苏丹的特使的辞呈 |
[38:14] | Oh, well… | 好吧 |
[38:16] | Thank you, Madam Secretary. | 谢谢您 国务卿女士 |
[38:18] | It was an honor to serve. | 很荣幸能为人民服务 |
[38:19] | I also recommended to the president that he name you | 我还向总统推荐你 |
[38:22] | the next ambassador to the U.N. | 担任下一任驻联合国大使 |
[38:24] | POTUS agreed. | 总统同意了 |
[38:27] | This means a great deal. | 这对我意义重大 |
[38:32] | Do you mind if I take a couple of days to think it over? | 介意我花几天时间考虑一下吗 |
[38:35] | Well, don’t take too long. | 好吧 别花太长时间 |
[38:36] | As I said, we need you in the fight. | 就像我说的 我们的战斗需要你 |
[38:38] | Of course. | 当然 |
[38:42] | I should apologize to you for my outburst the other day. | 我要为我那天的话向您道歉 |
[38:45] | No. | 不 |
[38:46] | I should apologize to you, Peter. | 我应该向你道歉 彼得 |
[38:49] | W-Will you sit down? | 能坐下说吗 |
[38:58] | I could get in a lot of trouble for telling you this, | 我说的这些话 会给自己招来很多麻烦 |
[39:01] | but… what the hell? | 但是… 随便吧 |
[39:05] | I was in the Bin Laden Issue Station | 1998年 我在中情局的 |
[39:08] | at CIA in ’98. | 本·拉登问题小组 |
[39:11] | We knew something was coming, | 我们知道有事情要发生 |
[39:16] | we just couldn’t… | 我们只是没有… |
[39:20] | …figure out all the pieces fast enough. | …及时把所有线索弄明白 |
[39:23] | And we failed you and your colleagues, | 我们辜负了你和你的同事 |
[39:26] | and for that, I am profoundly sorry. | 为此 我深感抱歉 |
[39:31] | Don’t beat yourself up too much on that score, ma’am. | 别在这方面太自责了 国务卿 |
[39:35] | There’s blame enough for everybody. | 责任大到谁都躲不掉 |
[39:39] | State knew that building was | 国务院里知道那栋大楼 |
[39:41] | too close to the street to be safe. | 离街道太近 不安全 |
[39:42] | The White House underfunded security measures | 白宫资金不足的安全措施 |
[39:46] | ’cause they were so determined | 因为他们下定决心 |
[39:47] | to get their “Peace dividend.” | 要获得”和平红利” |
[39:48] | CIA should have given your unit more resources. | 中情局应该给你的小组更多的资源才是 |
[39:51] | On and on it goes. | 就这样继续下去 |
[39:54] | We all failed. | 我们都失败了 |
[39:57] | But if it gives you any comfort, | 但如果这能给你任何安慰 |
[40:01] | hear my words: I forgive you. | 听我说 我原谅你 |
[40:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[40:10] | Since we’re revealing secrets… | 既然我们在揭露秘密… |
[40:15] | …my-my grief makes me ashamed | …我的悲伤让我感到羞愧 |
[40:20] | when I think about how much others lost. | 当我想到别人失去了多少 |
[40:25] | Parents lost sons and daughters | 父母失去儿女 |
[40:28] | and husbands lost wives. | 丈夫失去了妻子 |
[40:31] | Meanwhile, my wife and kids were safe, back in D.C., | 我四处奔波的时候 我的妻子和孩子们 |
[40:36] | while I was running around. | 都在华盛顿安然无恙 |
[40:41] | I think it was deeper than that. | 我认为不只是这样 |
[40:47] | Things weren’t so great at home to start with. | 从一开始 家里的情况就不太好 |
[40:50] | I volunteered for hardship posts, like Kampala. | 我自愿参加了艰苦的工作 去了坎帕拉 |
[40:54] | It wasn’t fair to my wife, or the kids. | 这对我的妻子和孩子们是不公平的 |
[40:59] | But I loved the work. | 但我喜欢这份工作 |
[41:01] | And I felt like we were making a difference. | 我觉得我们正在改变很多事 |
[41:07] | So did she. | 她也是如此 |
[41:14] | Do you want to tell me about her? | 你想跟我说说她吗 |
[41:19] | Well, we had very different tastes in music, | 我们在音乐上有非常不同的品味 |
[41:21] | I’ll tell you that. | 这是肯定的 |
[41:23] | She loved indie rock. | 她爱独立摇滚 |
[41:26] | And I… | 而我… |
[41:27] | I’m an old jazz guy. | 我喜欢老式爵士 |
[41:29] | Even back then, I was just a grumpy old man. | 即使在那时 我也只是个脾气暴躁的老头 |
[41:33] | We’d drive around, those warm Kampala nights, | 我们会在那些温暖的坎帕拉夜晚开车兜风 |
[41:37] | and trade off listening to cassettes. | 然后交换听磁带 |
[41:40] | Liz Phair, and Billie Holiday. | 莉兹·佩尔和比莉·黛莉 |
[41:44] | She used to call me her “Funny valentine.” | 她常叫我”有趣的情人” |
[41:48] | My figure being less than Greek, | 说我的我的身材不怎么好 |
[41:51] | you understand. | 你明白的 |
[41:52] | Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 |
[41:53] | I tend to inspire strong reactions in people. | 我倾向于激发人们的强烈反应 |
[41:57] | Hmm, something usually between grudging respect | 通常在勉强的尊重 |
[42:00] | and open hostility. | 和公开的敌意之间 |
[42:02] | But she was… | 但她… |
[42:10] | She was the first one | 她是第一个 |
[42:14] | to really see me. | 真正理解我的人 |
[42:21] | And it was wonderful. | 这太美妙了 |
[42:27] | Her name was Lana. | 她的名字叫拉娜 |
[42:34] | And she was the love of my life. | 她是我的一生挚爱 |