时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | A cyber attack is no longer a question of if, but when. | 发动网络攻击是必然的 就看什么时候了 |
[00:13] | Mr. Al Nasri, what I’m offering you… | 纳斯里先生 我向您提议… |
[00:15] | Salman, Salman, please. | 萨尔曼 放松点 |
[00:17] | You are tenacious, my friend. | 你很固执 我的朋友 |
[00:19] | I prefer to think of myself as passionate about my work. | 我更认为这是对工作热情的表现 |
[00:25] | I will make with you a bargain. | 我们做个交易吧 |
[00:28] | You will consult Al Nasri Financial | 如果你能说出为什么我会 |
[00:29] | to strengthen our cyber defenses… | 把美国快餐引进沙特 |
[00:32] | if you can tell me why I’m bringing | 纳斯里金融公司就会让你来充当 |
[00:33] | American fast casual dining to the Kingdom. | 加强网络防护的安全顾问 |
[00:40] | Because in five years, | 因为五年之内 |
[00:41] | single women will drive themselves to work, | 单身女性会开车去上班 |
[00:43] | and there will be more movie screens in Jeddah | 吉达的电影院将比 |
[00:45] | than in Midtown Manhattan. | 曼哈顿市中心的还要多 |
[00:46] | Because you see the new Saudi Arabia– | 因为你能预见新的沙特 |
[00:49] | government transparency, education reform, trade. | 透明的政府 教育改革 自由贸易等 |
[00:53] | Honestly, my daughter just loves their milkshakes. | 老实说 只因我的女儿喜欢他们的奶昔 |
[00:58] | But I like what you said. | 但我喜欢你所说的 |
[01:01] | Welcome to the new Saudi Arabia. | 欢迎来到新的沙特阿拉伯 |
[01:13] | Hey, you’re missing some primo huevos rancheros in here. | 你再不过来就会错过一流的墨西哥蛋饼早餐 |
[01:18] | Brain food. | 它可是健脑食品 |
[01:20] | Eggs are brain food? | 鸡蛋是健脑食品吗 |
[01:22] | Too bad we don’t have a National Merit Scholar | 可惜我们没有一个”全国优秀学者” |
[01:24] | to ask about that. | 来咨询一下 |
[01:25] | Please stop. | 别拿我开玩笑了 |
[01:26] | Wait. Isn’t our son a National Merit Scholar? | 等等 我们儿子不就是吗 |
[01:29] | Well, wouldn’t his school | 他的学校难道没有正式的典礼来 |
[01:30] | have some kind of formal ceremony recognizing him | 授予他”全国优秀学者” |
[01:34] | as a National Merit Scholar? | 的荣誉吗 |
[01:35] | I did well on a standardized test. | 我只是在标准化测验中取得好成绩 |
[01:37] | I didn’t sequence the human genome. | 又没有给人类基因组测序 |
[01:39] | Oh, look, you’re being celebrated | 听着 你付出的所有努力 |
[01:42] | for all your hard work, and a $2,500 scholarship– | 和获得的二千五百美元奖学金 |
[01:45] | – thank you. – that is nothing to sneeze at. | -谢谢 -不要对此嗤之以鼻 |
[01:46] | So, get over here and feed | 过来这边 喂饱那个”全国优秀学者” |
[01:48] | that National Merit Scholar brain. | 的头脑 |
[01:50] | Oh, look, it’s your new best friend again. | 看 又是你的新好朋友 |
[01:54] | The bombing four months ago that killed an American | 4个月前炸弹爆炸事件中一名美国人丧生 |
[01:56] | and many others is yet another tragic consequence | 还有很多人仍处在危难之中 |
[01:59] | of Secretary McCord and the Dalton administration | 这是麦考德国务卿与道尔顿政府支持帮助 |
[02:02] | aiding and abetting those that would do us harm. | 伤害我们的人带来的又一项悲惨后果 |
[02:05] | Are you implying that the Dalton administration | 你是指道尔顿政府 |
[02:07] | is negotiating… | 正在谈判… |
[02:08] | It’s unbelievable. | 不可思议 |
[02:09] | We invited this guy into our home. | 我们居然邀请过这家伙到家里 |
[02:12] | I like to think he remembers that night fondly sometimes | 我希望当他在岩石上晒太阳时 |
[02:15] | when he’s sunning himself on a rock. | 能偶尔天真地想起来做客的那一晚 |
[02:17] | Well, look, Trevor, | 听着 特雷弗 |
[02:19] | who is Hezbollah’s patron state? It’s Iran. | 谁是真主党的资助人 是伊朗 |
[02:24] | Elizabeth McCord naively trooped off to Tehran | 伊丽莎白·麦考德天真地 |
[02:27] | to negotiate a nuclear deal, | 带队到德黑兰进行核谈判 |
[02:29] | and she gave away our sanctions leverage. | 她放弃了对伊朗的制裁这一筹码 |
[02:33] | She promised us peace, and look what we got. | 她承诺过这将会带给我们和平 结果呢 |
[02:36] | And now she’s back with the so-called | 现在她带着所谓的 |
[02:38] | “Phase Two” Of the negotiations. | “第二轮谈判”回来 |
[02:41] | That’s why I’ve introduced legislation | 这就是我为什么要通过立法渠道 |
[02:43] | to undo this disastrous Phase One, | 来消除第一轮谈判的灾难性后果 |
[02:45] | and to stop Phase Two in its tracks. | 和把第二轮谈判扼杀于摇篮中 |
[02:47] | That guy has one of the most punchable faces of all time. | 那家伙总是一副最欠揍的表情 |
[02:51] | Well, yeah, but I mean, | 是的 但我觉得 |
[02:52] | he kind of has a point. | 他有点道理 |
[02:53] | I mean, the bomb killed a lot of people, | 我是指 炸弹夺去了众人生命 |
[02:55] | and then the deal just let billions of dollars | 谈判却让几十亿美元 |
[02:57] | flow into a hostile regime. | 落入敌对政权的口袋中 |
[02:58] | I mean, what do– what do we get in return? | 我们得到了什么回报呢 |
[03:00] | – Here we go. – I’m just saying | -又来了 -我只是在说 |
[03:01] | it seems like Phase One | 看上去就像是第一阶段的谈判 |
[03:02] | left a lot of important issues unresolved. | 留下了很多重要问题未解决 |
[03:04] | Well, that’s because it did. | 那是因为的确如此 |
[03:07] | By design. | 但我们是故意的 |
[03:09] | Okay, so Morejon’s not entirely wrong. | 所以莫雷洪说的并非完全错误 |
[03:12] | Iran was one month away | 伊朗差一个月 |
[03:16] | from having a viable nuclear weapon. | 就能拥有可行的核武器 |
[03:19] | One month. | 只差一个月 |
[03:22] | That would have posed an existential threat | 那将会对以色列 欧洲 最终是美国 |
[03:24] | to Israel, Europe and, ultimately, the United States. | 构成现实的威胁 |
[03:29] | And the scale of the war that it would’ve | 如要对付这些威胁 |
[03:31] | taken to prevent that… | 采取的战争规模不可估量 |
[03:33] | Well, let’s just say instead of college, | 要是那样 你现在很可能在考虑参军 |
[03:35] | right now, you might well be thinking about the draft. | 而非上大学 |
[03:40] | That’s what we got in return. | 这就是我们得到的回报 |
[03:41] | So, you’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[03:43] | The fact that these talks are happening at all, | 这些谈判正在进行 |
[03:45] | kind of history-making. | 有点创造历史的意思 |
[03:47] | We’ll see. | 再看看吧 |
[03:50] | What, you think they might not work? | 你认为谈判可能没有用吗 |
[03:53] | Iran is still prevented from being fully integrated | 伊朗仍然无法完全 |
[03:57] | into the global banking system, | 融入全球银行体系 |
[03:59] | stifling our economy | 这种情况扼杀了我们经济的发展 |
[04:00] | and costing billions of dollars a year. | 并增加了每年几十亿美元的额外花费 |
[04:02] | This must be addressed first and foremost. | 必须首先解决这个问题 |
[04:05] | And it could be, Minister Esfahani, | 当然 伊斯法哈尼部长 |
[04:06] | if Iran is willing to facilitate a lasting cease-fire in Yemen. | 如果伊朗同意和也门达成长久停火协议 |
[04:10] | These people have had… | 他们已经… |
[04:11] | It is your Saudi friends | 你的沙特朋友才是 |
[04:12] | who are pulling the strings in the ongoing Yemeni conflict. | 也门地区持续冲突的幕后推手 |
[04:15] | The shipload of anti-aircraft missiles | 在亚丁湾出现的 |
[04:17] | in the Gulf of Aden, | 运载着防空导弹的船艇 |
[04:18] | and the 200 pounds of C-4 | 还有巴林当局截获的 |
[04:20] | intercepted by the Bahrani authorities? | 两百磅C-4炸药 |
[04:23] | We all know your Quds Forces directed those shipments. | 我们都清楚是你们圣城部队搞的鬼 |
[04:26] | Minister, arming the rebels in Yemen | 部长 为也门叛军提供武装支持 |
[04:27] | can only lead to more violence. | 只会引起更多的流血冲突 |
[04:30] | If you want to de-escalate | 如果你们想缓和 |
[04:33] | the situation in Yemen, | 也门的冲突 |
[04:35] | then a public statement from Saudi Arabia | 更应让沙特阿拉伯出一份公开声明 |
[04:38] | pledging to do just that | 保证他们会维护也门和平 |
[04:39] | would be viewed favorably in Tehran. | 在我们看来 这样才是有用的 |
[04:42] | Well, Minister, the United States insists | 部长 我们认为 |
[04:45] | that Iran first respect the sovereignty | 伊朗首先应尊重 |
[04:48] | of its neighbors. | 其邻国的主权 |
[04:49] | I’m afraid the United States lacks the credibility | 说到尊重其他国家的主权 |
[04:52] | to lecture anyone | 恐怕美国 |
[04:54] | on honoring a nation’s sovereignty. | 没有任何公信力 |
[04:57] | Ask our neighbors, the Iraqis. | 我们的邻国伊拉克便是例子 |
[05:03] | Bess, we’re thinking of punting the Phase Two talks | 贝丝 我们正在考虑在中期选举后 |
[05:05] | until after the midterms. | 再进行第二阶段的会谈 |
[05:06] | Sir, we need to press on. | 总统先生 我们需要加紧进度 |
[05:08] | Morejon, he-he’s just grandstanding. | 莫雷洪只是在哗众取宠 |
[05:10] | Well, to hear the talking heads on cable news | 那样评论家就会有线新闻中说 |
[05:12] | tell it, we’ve got Iranian extremists | 伊朗极端分子与一宗 |
[05:14] | implicated in the murder of an American citizen | 导致一名美国人丧生的爆炸案有关 |
[05:17] | while you’re airlifting billion-dollar gift baskets | 你却把价值十亿美元的礼品篮 |
[05:20] | into Tehran. | 空运至德黑兰 |
[05:21] | Our allies in Congress were skittish to begin with. | 我们在国会的盟友立场本就不大稳定 |
[05:23] | This doesn’t help. | 这会使情况更为糟糕 |
[05:24] | I’m already booked on Trevor Vance’s show | 我已经预订了特雷弗·万斯的节目档期 |
[05:25] | to get our side out there. | 在节目中表达我方论点 |
[05:27] | Meanwhile, the Saudis– you remember, | 同时 沙特阿拉伯 |
[05:29] | our allies, the Saudis– | 你记得的 盟国沙特阿拉伯 |
[05:30] | are all spun up over this arms deal you’re slow-rolling | 举国上下都因你为和伊朗谈判 |
[05:33] | to placate Iran. | 而暂缓武器交易的消息而被煽动起来 |
[05:35] | The Saudis will get | 沙特会得到 |
[05:36] | – their precision-guided missiles. – When? | -精确制导导弹的 -什么时候 |
[05:40] | Give me three more months. | 再给我三个月时间 |
[05:42] | I’ll tell them that-that the deal is hung up | 我会告诉他们 |
[05:45] | with our lawyers | 交易被我们政军事务处的律师 |
[05:47] | at the Political- Military Affairs | 和国防安全合作局的人 |
[05:49] | and the folks at DSCA. | 暂搁了 |
[05:51] | Which is actually semi-true. | 实际上这的确是部分原因 |
[05:53] | But besides, they will get greater security | 但此外 如果我们能实现第二阶段会谈 |
[05:58] | if we are able to pull off the Phase Two talks. | 他们将得到更大的安全保障 |
[06:01] | Yeah, well, something tells me | 是的 但经验告诉我 |
[06:02] | they won’t see it that way. | 他们不会这样想 |
[06:03] | Morejon certainly won’t. | 莫雷洪是肯定不会的了 |
[06:05] | He’s close to wrangling enough votes | 他几乎要争取到足够的票数 |
[06:06] | to scuttle any deal we make. | 来破坏我们达成的任何协议 |
[06:09] | Backing off till after the midterms… | 把会谈推到中期选举后 |
[06:13] | gives us room to maneuver. | 会给我们更多回旋余地 |
[06:17] | If we postpone the talks, Iran will walk. | 如果我们推迟会谈 伊朗就会另作打算 |
[06:20] | And if they do, it all but guarantees | 这样的话 他们肯定会 |
[06:23] | they’ll continue funding our enemies. | 继续资助我们的敌人 |
[06:26] | And how are the talks going? | 会谈进行得如何 |
[06:28] | Slowly, sir. | 进展缓慢 总统先生 |
[06:31] | We are negotiating with a long-time adversary, Russell, | 我们在和一个长期敌对的国家谈判 |
[06:34] | not microwaving soup– it takes time. | 并不是用微波炉热汤 这需要时间 |
[06:36] | Which I hope I’m making clear is not on our side. | 我也是为我们考虑而已 |
[06:38] | What might speed up the process? | 有什么方法能加快会谈进度 |
[06:42] | Okay, my team has flagged an inducement | 我的团队已经想到有利的谈判条件 |
[06:45] | that we think could grab the Iranians enough | 相信足以迫使伊朗 |
[06:48] | to force some real concessions. | 做一些真正的让步 |
[06:51] | Access to SWIFT interbank communications network. | 接入环球银行金融电信协会银行系统 |
[06:54] | You want to just let them back | 你想让他们重新融入 |
[06:55] | into the international banking system? | 全球银行体系吗 |
[06:57] | They are desperate | 他们急于振兴 |
[06:58] | to bring their economy in from the cold. | 冷战以来低迷的经济 |
[07:01] | So this could allow us to demand serious concessions | 作为交换 这能让我们 |
[07:05] | in exchange. | 要求对方作出更多的让步 |
[07:09] | All right, Bess, but you’re on the clock here. | 好吧 贝丝 但注意你时间不多了 |
[07:11] | – Yes. – Longer this drags out, | -好的 -拖得越久 |
[07:14] | the better chance these talks get | 这些会谈 |
[07:15] | pulled down around our ears. | 就越有可能夭折 |
[07:16] | Yes, sir. Thank you, Mr. President, Russell. | 是的 谢谢 总统先生 拉塞尔 |
[07:19] | Yeah. | 不客气 |
[07:23] | So, I hear you’ve pared back | 我听说你减少了 |
[07:25] | some of your off-campus activities. | 一些校外活动 |
[07:30] | More time for my students. | 是的 留给我的学生更多时间 |
[07:32] | Well, that is good news. | 这是个好消息 |
[07:34] | Because one of your proposals has gained some traction | 因为你的一个建议 |
[07:37] | with the board. | 得到了委员会的支持 |
[07:38] | Oh, yeah? Which proposal is that? | 是吗 哪一个建议 |
[07:41] | Some additional funding has made launching | 成立一个军事伦理部门 |
[07:43] | a military ethics department | 现在有一些额外资金 |
[07:45] | a viable option. | 使之成为可能 |
[07:47] | Well, that is great news. I think it’ll be | 这真是一个极好的消息 |
[07:48] | an invaluable asset to our program. | 对于我们项目来说是一笔宝贵的资产 |
[07:51] | “Today’s battle space ranges from cyberspace to outer space.” | “当代战场从网络延伸到外太空” |
[07:55] | “It is vital to give tomorrow’s commanders | 为明日的指挥官提供 |
[07:58] | the ethical tools they need | 他们所需的伦理规则变得极其重要 |
[07:59] | to make sound decisions in a rapidly changing world.” | 令他们在快速变化的世界里做出正确的决定” |
[08:03] | That was some memo you wrote. | 这出自你的备忘录 |
[08:05] | Two years ago. | 写于两年前 |
[08:07] | Academia. | 真是搞学术的 |
[08:08] | Worse, government-funded academia. | 更糟的是 还是政府资助的学术界 |
[08:11] | We’ll need an interim chair. | 我们需要一位临时主席 |
[08:13] | You’re at the top of our list. | 你是我们的首要人选 |
[08:17] | Oh, I’m flattered you would think of me, General, | 很高兴你会考虑我 将军 |
[08:19] | but I really am looking forward | 但是我真的很期待 |
[08:21] | to getting back to teaching full time. | 回学校全职教学 |
[08:23] | Oh, I just assumed | 我只是想 |
[08:25] | since it was your idea, you’d want to lead the charge. | 既然这是你的想法 你会想要打头阵呢 |
[08:28] | A perfectly logical assumption. Nevertheless, I… | 你这样想是有道理的 不过 我… |
[08:32] | Give me a couple of days to think about it. | 给我几天时间考虑一下 |
[08:34] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[08:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:41] | Good news and bad news, ma’am. | 好消息和坏消息 国务卿 |
[08:42] | You now what? Let’s be Zen | 不如这样 我们不如佛系一点 |
[08:44] | – and call it all just news. – Fair enough. | -就统称为消息吧 -同意 |
[08:47] | Uh, neutral news item number one: | 第一条中性的新闻是 |
[08:49] | the Iranians responded well to the prospect of being | 伊朗人对重新进入环球银行金融电信协会 |
[08:52] | reintroduced into the SWIFT banking system. | 银行系统的前景反映良好 |
[08:55] | You think they’d be open to cutting off financial support | 你认为他们会同意切断 |
[08:58] | to their proxy forces, like Hezbollah? | 对其代理部队的财政支持 比如真主党 |
[09:00] | They didn’t leave the table when I broached it, | 我提出这点时他们没有离场 |
[09:02] | so we’ll call it a start. | 这就算是开始吧 |
[09:04] | Okay, good work. | 好 做得好 |
[09:05] | Ma’am. | 国务卿 |
[09:07] | So what’s the, um, you know, other news? | 那 另外的消息是 |
[09:11] | Yeah, um, the Saudi ambassador showed up | 沙特大使没有预约 |
[09:12] | without an appointment, and he does not look happy. | 就突然来了 他看起来可不太高兴 |
[09:15] | Well, I’ll deal with that. | 好吧 我来处理这个 |
[09:16] | You keep at it with the Iranians. | 你和伊朗人继续谈 |
[09:18] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[09:19] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[09:20] | Prince Asim. Come on in. | 阿西姆王子 请进来吧 |
[09:24] | I needn’t remind the United States | 我不需要提醒美国 |
[09:25] | of the importance of honoring | 履行其对长期合作伙伴的 |
[09:27] | its commitments to its long-term partner. | 承诺的重要性吧 |
[09:29] | The United States has always valued | 美国一向都很重视 |
[09:32] | its alliance with Saudi Arabia. | 与沙特阿拉伯的同盟关系 |
[09:34] | And yet, you delay sending us | 然而 你们推迟向我们提供 |
[09:36] | essential defensive weapons, | 必要的防御性武器 |
[09:38] | all in an effort to placate the Iranians. | 这都是为了安抚伊朗人 |
[09:40] | First of all, there’s no delay. | 首先 没有推迟 |
[09:42] | Our lawyers are simply reviewing the contracts. | 我们的律师只是在审查合同 |
[09:45] | They have to do that every time we make an arms deal. | 但凡我们有武器交易时 他们都要这么做 |
[09:47] | Three more months have mysteriously been added | 交付时限莫名其妙的增加了 |
[09:49] | to the delivery timeline. | 三个月 |
[09:51] | How is that not a delay? | 这不是推迟吗 |
[09:52] | I assure you we are not naive to the threat Iran poses. | 我向你保证 我们对伊朗的威胁并非天真 |
[09:56] | If you do not give us the weapons we need, | 如果你们不向我们提供我们需要的武器 |
[09:58] | then you are not only naive, but complicit in that threat. | 那就不仅仅是天真 而是与他们沆瀣一气 |
[10:01] | You have the right to self-defense, | 你们有权力自卫 |
[10:03] | but you have no right to barge into my office | 但是无权闯入我的办公室 |
[10:05] | and demand U.S. Precision-guided munitions | 要求美国按照你的时间表 |
[10:08] | on your timetable. | 提供精确制导武器 |
[10:12] | During your misadventure in Iraq, | 你们在伊拉克遭遇不幸时 |
[10:16] | it was Saudi Arabia that opened its bases | 是沙特阿拉伯向你们开放了 |
[10:18] | and airspace to you. | 基地和领空 |
[10:20] | Free of charge, no less. | 还是无偿的 |
[10:22] | Perhaps you have forgotten who your true friends are. | 可能你们已经忘记了真正的朋友是谁 |
[10:24] | I assure you, we have not. | 我保证 我们没有忘记 |
[10:28] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[10:29] | His Majesty will be pleased | 陛下听到推迟问题 |
[10:30] | to hear these delays are being resolved, | 得到解决会很高兴的 |
[10:32] | and the missiles will be on their way very soon. | 导弹也会很快到位的 |
[10:35] | Good day, Madam Secretary. | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[10:42] | Anyway, the moral of the story is | 总而言之 故事的真谛是 |
[10:44] | you try to make peace in the Middle East, | 你试图维持中东地区的和平 |
[10:46] | everybody gets mad at you. | 大家都会对你剑拔弩张 |
[10:49] | At least one of us had a good day. | 至少你今天过得不错 |
[10:52] | Mm, to tell you the truth, | 说实话 |
[10:54] | I think I’m gonna pass on that job. | 我想我要拒绝那份工作 |
[10:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:58] | The ethics department was your idea. | 伦理部门是你的想法啊 |
[11:00] | They literally got the memo. | 他们真的拿到了备忘录 |
[11:02] | It’s… dealing with staffing assignments and budget requests. | 就是…处理人员分配和预算要求 |
[11:07] | You remember | 你还记得 |
[11:08] | how mind-numbing college bureaucracy can be. | 大学的官僚作风是多么乏味吧 |
[11:11] | Not to mention the petty politics. | 更别提狭隘的政治了 |
[11:12] | Faculty senate made the Middle East | 参议院让中东问题 |
[11:14] | look like child’s play. | 像小儿科了 |
[11:15] | Exactly. So, just think | 没错 就当作 |
[11:17] | I want to just focus on teaching for a while, | 我这阵子只想专注于教学 |
[11:20] | avoid the headaches. | 而要避免头疼 |
[11:23] | Is that the whole story? | 这就是你的全部想法 |
[11:27] | Well, | 说起来 |
[11:27] | maybe I’m feeling a little burnt after my experience at CIA. | 也许中情局的经历后我有点累了 |
[11:31] | I-I’m just not so hot | 我 我只是不太热衷于 |
[11:33] | to jump back into a leadership position | 回到一个你能够从各处得到消息的 |
[11:34] | where you’re getting it from all sides. | 领导岗位上去 |
[11:36] | I have thoughts. Hold on. | 我有话要说 稍等 |
[11:42] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[11:44] | Send him in. | 让他进来 |
[11:47] | Mike B. is here. | 麦克·B来了 |
[11:53] | Hey, Mike. | 你好 麦克 |
[11:54] | To what do we owe the pleasure, or alarm? | 好消息还是坏消息 |
[11:56] | You want some tea, or something? | 要喝点茶什么的吗 |
[11:58] | Can’t stay. Gordon’s waiting. | 不能久留 戈登在等我 |
[11:59] | Listen, the news will probably break tomorrow, | 听着 新闻可能明天才会发布 |
[12:01] | but I wanted you to hear it from me first. | 但我想你先从我这里知道 |
[12:03] | I got a tip from a source | 我从一个华盛顿地区法院的线人那里 |
[12:05] | at the D.C. District Court. | 得到消息 |
[12:06] | You’re being sued. | 你被起诉了 |
[12:07] | – What? – By whom? | -什么 -被谁 |
[12:08] | The parents of Jim Dawson, | 吉姆·道森的父母 |
[12:09] | the American killed in the Riyadh bombing. | 他是在利亚德爆炸中丧生的美国人 |
[12:11] | They’re suing you for the wrongful death of their son. | 他们起诉你的原因是他们儿子的意外死亡 |
[12:14] | I’ll-I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我 我明天打给你 |
[12:30] | Basically, the suit claims | 基本上 诉状称 |
[12:31] | that Elizabeth facilitated a deal | 伊丽莎白促成了一笔交易 |
[12:33] | which led to funds being freed up to go to Iran. | 这使得资金流入伊朗 |
[12:35] | Those funds made their way to Hezbollah, | 那些资金被真主党掌控 |
[12:37] | whose operative may have paid | 他们的特工可能用那些资金 |
[12:39] | for the bombing that killed Jim Dawson, which is, | 购买了杀害吉姆·道森的炸弹 这说法 |
[12:41] | on its merits… absurd. | 简直是荒谬至极 |
[12:43] | The legal term is “Spurious.” | 法律术语是”伪造的” |
[12:45] | But in any case, sovereign immunity shields Elizabeth | 但归根结底 主权豁免权使伊丽莎白免除 |
[12:47] | from legal liability. | 法律责任 |
[12:49] | I can certainly understand the family’s anger, | 我完全能理解这个家庭的愤怒 |
[12:52] | but if the suit is a nonstarter, | 但是如果诉讼是无望成功的 |
[12:55] | what do they hope to gain by it? | 他们希望借此得到什么呢 |
[12:57] | I can’t imagine these people are taking out a second mortgage | 我无法想象这些人会宁愿把房子抵押两次 |
[12:59] | to keep a $700 per hour firm on retainer. | 来支付每小时700美元的预付金 |
[13:02] | Someone’s behind this. | 一定有人在策划这件事 |
[13:03] | So I’ll put together a list | 我要把那些资金雄厚 |
[13:04] | of deep-pocket donors with an axe to grind | 且对总统别有用心的捐助者 |
[13:06] | against the president. | 列个名单 |
[13:07] | Long list. | 那可不少呢 |
[13:09] | There’s, uh… | 还有… |
[13:10] | also the matter of what Jim Dawson was doing | 一个问题就是吉姆·道森在沙特阿拉伯 |
[13:13] | in Saudi Arabia. | 所做的事情 |
[13:14] | Jim Dawson was a, uh, cyber security consultant | 吉姆·道森是阿尔及尔至阿布扎比 |
[13:17] | for a handful of companies from Algiers to Abu Dhabi, | 几家公司的网络安全顾问 |
[13:21] | and he was one of ours. | 他是我们的人 |
[13:23] | Dawson was a spy? | 道森是间谍 |
[13:25] | Yeah. Six years, Special Operations | 是的 六年前 高中毕业后 |
[13:27] | right out of high school. | 直接参与特种行动 |
[13:28] | E.O.D. attached to a SEAL platoon. | 隶属于海豹突击队 进行爆炸物处理 |
[13:30] | Spent the last eight at the agency | 过去八年间一直潜伏在 |
[13:32] | infiltrating extremist money networks. | 机构中极端分子的资金网络中 |
[13:34] | So his cover was blown? | 他的身份暴露了吗 |
[13:35] | Do we think this was an assassination? | 这是暗杀吗 |
[13:38] | Yes, but, uh, Dawson wasn’t the target. | 是的 但是目标并不是道森 |
[13:42] | Salman Al Nasri. | 而是萨尔曼·纳斯里 |
[13:44] | He’s an entrepreneur, used his billions | 他是名企业家 用数十亿美元 |
[13:46] | to fund a variety of progressive initiatives. | 资助各类创新的举措 |
[13:49] | The attackers were ideologues | 袭击者是那些想要攻击 |
[13:51] | motivated to strike at the “Decadent West.” | “堕落的西方”的理论家 |
[13:53] | CIA thinks our man was just | 中情局认为我们的人 |
[13:55] | in the wrong place at the wrong time. | 只是在错误的时间去了错误的地点 |
[13:58] | Well, speaking of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, | 说到错误的时间在错误的地点 |
[14:00] | Elizabeth– and I cannot stress this enough– do not get served. | 伊丽莎白 这非常重要 千万别接受传唤 |
[14:04] | And that is the sum total | 你那吹嘘不已 价值不菲的 |
[14:06] | of your vaunted and costly legal advice? | 法律建议就得出了这么个结论 |
[14:08] | Taking the summons, plus the wrong judge, | 接受传唤 加上不公正的法官 |
[14:10] | leaves you open to be deposed. | 你可能会被要求作证 |
[14:12] | A deposition means | 这就意味着 |
[14:13] | you go on record declining to answer their questions | 你公开表明以国家安全为由 |
[14:15] | on national security grounds, so, yeah. | 拒绝回答他们的问题 所以 没错 |
[14:18] | Yeah, Morejon could spin your silence | 一个死亡美国人的家庭就足以让莫雷洪 |
[14:19] | as putting the Iran deal over the family of a dead American. | 抹黑伊朗交易 让你无话可说 |
[14:22] | Dead at the hands of Iranian-backed terrorists. | 何况他还是死在伊朗支持的恐怖分子手中 |
[14:25] | Yeah, which just adds more fuel to his fire | 这只会为他毁掉 |
[14:27] | to kill your deal in Congress. | 你在国会的交易助力 |
[14:28] | So… if you don’t want that to happen… | 如果你不希望这种情况发生 |
[14:31] | Don’t get served. | 别接受传唤 |
[14:36] | To be clear: we are sitting in the White House, | 要知道 我们正坐在白宫 |
[14:40] | in front of the president, | 面对着总统 |
[14:41] | and you’re telling me to dodge the law. | 你们却让我规避法律 |
[14:44] | Now she’s getting it. | 她终于上道儿了 |
[14:50] | Oh, uh, I-I’m sorry. I can come back. | 不好意思 我一会再来 |
[14:52] | Uh, no, stay. Please, come in. | 不 别走 进来吧 |
[14:55] | Auspicious timing. | 时机刚好 |
[14:57] | Have you met Lyle Belkin? | 你见过莱尔·贝尔金吗 |
[14:58] | He’s one of our visiting professors. | 他是我们的客座教授之一 |
[14:59] | Well, good to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:01] | I read your book on Sherman’s March to the Sea | 我读过你关于”谢尔曼向海洋进军”和 |
[15:02] | and the birth of total warfare. | “全面战争的诞生”的书 |
[15:04] | – Very nice work. – Thank you. | -写得很好 -谢谢 |
[15:05] | And you are the famous Mr. Madam Secretary. | 你就是著名的国务卿女士的丈夫 |
[15:10] | That’s one of the titles that I proudly hold. | 这是我引以为豪的头衔之一 |
[15:12] | I hope she’s got her wicker shield. | 但愿她握紧了她的柳枝盾牌 |
[15:15] | I’m not following you. | 我没听懂 |
[15:17] | Ancient Persian soldiers were famous for their wicker shields, | 古代波斯士兵因他们的柳枝盾牌闻名 |
[15:20] | as I’m sure you know. | 我想你知道的 |
[15:22] | The media seems to think | 媒体似乎认为 |
[15:23] | she’s fighting for the Iranians now, it’s… | 她现在为伊朗而战 这… |
[15:26] | Sorry, bad joke. | 抱歉 我不该这么说 |
[15:28] | Is that what that was? | 是那个意思吗 |
[15:30] | Uh, Lyle was just | 莱尔只是在 |
[15:31] | expressing his interest | 表达他对 |
[15:32] | in the interim ethics department chair. | 做临时伦理学系主任有兴趣 |
[15:35] | He dropped in to share some ideas about the curriculum. | 他过来分享了一些关于课程设置的意见 |
[15:38] | Well, then, it is auspicious timing, | 那 这是个很幸运的时机 |
[15:40] | because I came by to say | 因为我过来是想说 |
[15:41] | that I’m interested in the job myself. | 我对这个职位有兴趣 |
[15:46] | Well, that’s excellent. | 那太好了 |
[15:48] | You should both prepare a short presentation | 你们都要准备一个关于 |
[15:51] | with your vision for the department, | 这个系的个人看法 |
[15:53] | and why you think you’d be | 和为什么你认为自己是 |
[15:55] | the best person for the job. | 最佳人选的简短陈述 |
[15:57] | I’ll set up interviews with the board immediately. | 我会尽快跟委员会安排一个面试 |
[15:59] | Great. | 很好 |
[16:00] | May the best man win. | 希望最佳人选赢得职位 |
[16:02] | I’m looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[16:03] | Lyle. | 莱尔 |
[16:06] | The deal that we have in place now | 现在我们准备的这个协议 |
[16:09] | caps Iran’s enrichment at four percent, | 将伊朗的铀浓缩浓度限定在4% |
[16:12] | which is nowhere near the 90% level | 和他们制造核弹所需的90%浓度 |
[16:16] | they would need to build a bomb. | 相去甚远 |
[16:17] | Americans are objectively safer, | 多亏第一阶段 |
[16:20] | thanks to Phase One, | 美国人更安全了些 |
[16:22] | and Phase Two will just build on that good work. | 而第二阶段会继续进行推进 |
[16:25] | Now, I wonder if the family of Jim Dawson | 我好奇吉姆·道森的家人 |
[16:27] | would agree with you. | 是否会同意你的看法 |
[16:28] | Uh, can we roll that tape? | 请播放视频 |
[16:30] | We give these people money and they use it to attack us? | 我们给那些人钱让他们用来袭击我们吗 |
[16:37] | He was the best son a father could w… | 他是最好的儿子 |
[16:43] | I just don’t understand. | 我就是不太明白 |
[16:45] | And what do you say to that family who’s lost their son? | 那你对失去儿子的家庭想说什么 |
[16:48] | It’s a terrible loss. | 这是个很可怕的损失 |
[16:50] | My heart truly breaks for the Dawson family. | 我真的为道森家感到伤心 |
[16:52] | Well, Senator Carlos Morejon asks | 卡洛斯·莫雷洪参议员问 |
[16:54] | if this isn’t the inevitable result | 这是否并不是一个 |
[16:56] | of making deals with Iran. | 和伊朗做交易不可避免的结果 |
[16:58] | Isn’t what you call “Peace,” really appeasement? | 你们所谓的”和平”难道不是姑息吗 |
[17:03] | Well, you know, at the height of the Cold War, | 在冷战时期 |
[17:05] | Ronald Reagan negotiated the START treaty | 罗纳德·里根和苏联协商了 |
[17:08] | with the Soviet Union, drastically reducing | 削减战略性武器条约 大幅度地削减了 |
[17:11] | both nations’ nuclear stockpiles. | 双方的核武器储备 |
[17:14] | Now, if we could negotiate | 那么如果我们在最危险的时候 |
[17:17] | with the greatest adversary this country has ever faced, | 能和这个国家所面对的 |
[17:21] | at a moment of maximum peril, | 最大的对手协商 |
[17:24] | I think we can do the same | 我认为我们可以和像伊朗 |
[17:26] | with a regional power like Iran. | 一样的地区强国做同样的协商 |
[17:28] | Forgive me if this is difficult, | 原谅我的直率 |
[17:29] | but some say you have lost clarity | 但是有些人说在伊朗问题上 |
[17:32] | when it comes to Iran, | 由于你个人的痛苦经历 |
[17:34] | due to your own painful experiences. | 已经弄不清楚了 |
[17:36] | Who says that, exactly? | 这是谁说的 |
[17:38] | Well, several sources. | 一些消息提供者 |
[17:40] | Well, you’re implying | 你是在暗示 |
[17:41] | that there’s a chorus of critics out there | 有一伙评论家 |
[17:44] | who are concerned about my ability to reason clearly. | 在质疑我辨别是非的能力 |
[17:48] | Can you name one? | 你能说是谁吗 |
[17:49] | Please, just answer my question, ma’am. | 请回答我的问题 国务卿 |
[17:56] | Actually, I would say that witnessing | 其实我想说 亲眼见证 |
[17:59] | the horrors of terrorism firsthand | 恐怖分子的可怕行径 |
[18:01] | gave me absolute clarity | 使得我完全清楚地知道 |
[18:03] | on the need to protect the American people from it. | 保护美国人民免受伤害的必要性 |
[18:06] | I’m also absolutely clear | 我同样完全清楚 |
[18:10] | that violence should only be resorted to | 暴力是在其他所有选择都失败的情况下 |
[18:12] | when every other option has been exhausted. | 才能考虑的手段 |
[18:17] | I wouldn’t wish | 我并不希望 |
[18:19] | how I came to that clarity on anyone. | 我所经历的发生在任何人身上 |
[18:23] | Even those who treat questions of war and peace | 即便是那些把战争与和平问题 |
[18:27] | as just another Washington gotcha game. | 看成一个华盛顿整人游戏 |
[18:31] | But thank you for your concern, Trevor. | 不过谢谢你的关心 特雷弗 |
[18:34] | Well, that is all the time we have. | 今天我们的访问就到这里 |
[18:38] | Well, I think it’s safe to say | 我觉得 |
[18:40] | that people heard the other side of the argument. | 人们听到了另一方的论点 |
[18:43] | You okay, ma’am? | 你还好吗 国务卿 |
[18:44] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:46] | You don’t really talk much about your time in Iran. | 你不怎么提起关于你在伊朗的事 |
[18:49] | He wanted to go there. | 是他提起来的 |
[18:51] | I went there. | 我就说到那了 |
[18:52] | Yep. You sure did. | 对 确实 |
[18:55] | – Elizabeth McCord? – Sir, get back. | -伊丽莎白·麦考德 -先生请后退 |
[18:58] | Gun! | 有枪 |
[19:00] | What? | 什么情况 |
[19:02] | Show me your hands! | 让我看到你的双手 |
[19:03] | – Let me see them! – I’m a process server. | -让我看到你的手 -我是送传票的 |
[19:05] | I’m a… | 我是 |
[19:06] | process server. | 送传票的 |
[19:08] | I’m a… process server. | 我是 送传票的 |
[19:12] | Bad news, ma’am. | 坏消息 国务卿 |
[19:14] | We’re trying to rise above labels now, | 我们在试图摆脱标签 |
[19:17] | and calling it all just “News.” | 把所有都称之为”消息” |
[19:19] | Yeah, have fun with that. | 那看看这个吧 |
[19:20] | Gun! | 有枪 |
[19:23] | Someone from the crowd recorded it on their cell. | 人群中有人用手机录下了这个 |
[19:25] | The cable shows | 电视台现在 |
[19:26] | are playing it on loop. | 正在滚动播放这个 |
[19:27] | With the oh, so original title “Tacklegate.” | 这个的原标题叫”阻截门” |
[19:30] | You know, how about we just retire “Blankgate” | 不如我们把”空白门”也一起 |
[19:33] | as a construction altogether? | 禁止在句法结构中使用吧 |
[19:35] | – I’m sorry. – So I’m guessing | -抱歉 -那我猜 |
[19:37] | that no one’s talking about the secretary’s appearance | 没人关心国务卿在特雷弗·万斯的节目上 |
[19:39] | on Trevor Vance’s show? | 的讲话了吧 |
[19:41] | No, because they’re all too busy watching me | 没有 因为大家都在忙着看我 |
[19:43] | running away from the family of a man | 跑着躲开一个儿子被伊朗支持的 |
[19:45] | who was killed by Iranian-backed terror. | 恐怖行动杀死的家庭 |
[19:47] | Which is exactly what POTUS was afraid of, by the way. | 顺便说一句 这正是总统所担心的 |
[19:50] | More, um, “News”, Ma’am, you’re trending. | 更多的”新闻” 国务卿你上头条了 |
[19:54] | #SecretaryOfEscape. | #逃跑的国务卿 |
[19:56] | Also, no more hashtags. | 还有 不要再用标签了 |
[19:58] | I’ll tell everyone. | 我会跟大家说的 |
[20:01] | Let me see your hands! | 让我看到你的双手 |
[20:02] | It looks a lot worse than it really was. | 这看起来比真实的更加糟糕 |
[20:05] | – I’m a process server. – Right? | -我是送传票的 -对吗 |
[20:07] | Well, I hope so, ’cause it looks pretty bad. | 我希望如此 因为这看起来很不好 |
[20:10] | You’re supposed to be on my side. | 你应该是我这一头的 |
[20:12] | Well, hey, what kind of ethics professor would I be | 我要是不诚实 那我算什么 |
[20:14] | if I wasn’t honest, right? | 伦理学教授 对吗 |
[20:17] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[20:18] | What kind of ethics professor wants to be | 什么样的伦理学教授 |
[20:21] | head of the ethics department | 只是因为有个人拿他老婆开玩笑 |
[20:22] | just because some guy made a crack about his wife? | 而想去做伦理系的主任 |
[20:24] | Hey, it’s not that simple. | 不是那么简单 |
[20:27] | Okay, it’s not entirely that simple. | 好吧 并不完全是那么简单 |
[20:31] | I… just… | 我 只是 |
[20:33] | Lyle rubs me the wrong way. | 莱尔以错误的方式跟我套近乎 |
[20:35] | But… | 但是 |
[20:36] | Look, we have a real opportunity here | 听着 我们有个真正的机会 |
[20:37] | to help future leaders learn | 能够帮助未来的领导学习 |
[20:39] | how to deal with enormously complex issues. | 如何处理极其复杂的事件 |
[20:43] | I-I’m just not certain | 我只是不确定 |
[20:45] | that Lyle is the right guy to head the department. | 莱尔是系主任的合适人选 |
[20:48] | That you suggested they create in the first place. | 那个你一开始提议设立的系 |
[20:52] | What-what is your argument? | 你想说什么 |
[20:54] | Just that you said you wanted | 是你说你想要 |
[20:55] | to spend more time in the classroom. | 把更多的时间放在教学上 |
[20:57] | You felt burned by the CIA. | 你觉得被中情局搞得焦头烂额 |
[21:00] | The point is, you wanted one thing, | 重点是 你想要一个东西 |
[21:03] | and then, this guy Lyle shows up, | 然后这个叫莱尔的家伙出现 |
[21:04] | and now you want something different. | 而现在你想要不一样的东西了 |
[21:06] | I am perfectly happy with whatever you pick. | 我对于你做的任何选择都很高兴 |
[21:11] | Just make sure that you are, too. | 只是希望你也如此 |
[21:13] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[21:13] | – Hey, kiddo. – Hey, Jace. | -宝贝 -杰斯 |
[21:15] | Brutal takedown, by the way. | 顺便说一句 暴力拿下 |
[21:19] | It wasn’t not a thing. | 也不是没有影响 |
[21:22] | I am sorry that my work drama | 抱歉我工作上的闹剧 |
[21:26] | impacts your life. | 影响到了你的生活 |
[21:26] | It’s… fine. | 没关系 |
[21:28] | But listen, | 不过 |
[21:30] | if you can’t make it to my, like, my dumb ceremony | 如果你因为工作太忙 |
[21:31] | ’cause you’re all wrapped up in work, then it’s | 而没空来参加我那个破典礼 |
[21:33] | totally fine because… | 也完全没关系 因为 |
[21:35] | Hey, do you remember the last time you got an award | 你还记得上一次你在学校 |
[21:39] | at school? Because I do. | 获的奖吗 因为我记得 |
[21:41] | Third grade, perfect attendance. | 三年级 全勤奖 |
[21:45] | And I didn’t miss that one. | 那次我都没错过 |
[21:46] | Would’ve been too ironic, for starters. | 不然小学生的面子上可不好看 |
[21:48] | And nothing is going to make me miss | 没有任何事能让我错过 |
[21:51] | seeing my National Merit Scholar | 看着我的美国优秀学生 |
[21:54] | get his… medal? Certificate? | 得到他的奖牌 还是证书 |
[21:57] | Possibly both. | 可能都有 |
[21:58] | Well, whatever it is, the point is, she’s gonna be there. | 不论什么 重点是 她会去的 |
[22:01] | Cheering from the crowd loudly. | 在人群中高声欢呼 |
[22:03] | Oh, God. I so regret excelling. | 天哪 我好后悔得奖 |
[22:10] | – Mr. President. – Bess. | -总统先生 -贝丝 |
[22:13] | The work you and your people did to secure Phase One | 你和你的幕僚为了确保第一阶段而做出的 |
[22:15] | was laudable and crucial | 努力是值得称赞的 并且对于 |
[22:16] | to global security, but if Morejon | 国际安全至关重要 但是如果莫雷洪 |
[22:18] | gets the votes to kill Phase Two, | 获得投票来驳回第二阶段提案 |
[22:20] | he will put in language that undoes the nuclear safeguards | 他会继续驳回在第一阶段中承诺的 |
[22:23] | guaranteed in Phase One. | 核保障监督 |
[22:24] | That puts millions of lives at risk. | 那样会使数百万人的生命受到威胁 |
[22:26] | I won’t do it. | 我不会允许的 |
[22:28] | We’re pushing the Phase Two talks | 我们得推迟第二阶段讨论 |
[22:29] | until after the midterms. | 到中期选举之后 |
[22:31] | Sir, this opportunity to cut a meaningful security deal | 阁下 这个和伊朗签署一个意义重大的 |
[22:35] | with Iran won’t come again. | 安全协议的机会不会再有了 |
[22:38] | Which means that sooner or later, | 意思是迟早 |
[22:40] | we will be sucked into | 我们会被卷入 |
[22:42] | a Sunni-Shia war that will engulf the entire Middle East. | 会吞噬整个中东的逊尼-什叶派系战争中 |
[22:46] | Either we make the deal now, | 我们要么就现在签协议 |
[22:47] | or no deal gets made. | 不然就没有协议了 |
[22:49] | Then no deal gets made. | 那就不签协议了 |
[22:52] | It pains me, too, Bess. | 我也不愿意这样 贝丝 |
[22:53] | But we have to look at the bigger picture. | 但是我们得从大局着想 |
[23:00] | Understood, sir. Thank you. | 明白了 先生 谢谢 |
[23:08] | I hear you’re something of a bowman, General. | 我听说你是个弓箭手 将军 |
[23:11] | You know, I’ve been shooting Hoyt for years. | 我用霍伊特弓很久了 |
[23:13] | Good weight, fast, and almost no hand shock. | 重量好 速度快 并且几乎不会震手 |
[23:16] | Uh, the string angle on my old Bear suits me better. | 我的老熊牌弓的弦角更适合我 |
[23:19] | Let me know when you’re free. | 有空的时候告诉我 |
[23:20] | An old friend has a lease out near Rockingham. | 我有个老朋友在罗金厄姆边有套房子 |
[23:23] | Thanks to you and the committee for your time, sir. | 谢谢您和委员会抽空见我 先生 |
[23:25] | It was our pleasure. We’ll be ready for you | 我们的荣幸 亨利 我们准备一下 |
[23:28] | in just a moment, Henry. | 马上就好 |
[23:29] | Thank you, General. | 谢谢 将军 |
[23:32] | You think I’m laying it on a little heavy, don’t you? | 你觉得我套近乎套得太过了是不是 |
[23:35] | Well, there’s nothing wrong with shared interests. | 有共同爱好没什么错 |
[23:37] | An instructor back in Hamburg | 汉堡有一位老师 |
[23:38] | had a favorite Grant quote: | 最喜欢引用格兰特的一句名言 |
[23:40] | “He who continues the attack, wins.” | “不懈进攻者胜” |
[23:43] | You took the field officer course | 你参加过德国军事学院的 |
[23:45] | at the German Military Academy? | 军官培训课程 |
[23:47] | Class of ’93. | 93级 |
[23:49] | Yeah, uh, made some buddies over at Hahn Air Base. | 我和哈恩空军基地的一些军官很熟 |
[23:52] | Oh, man. We used to have some times. | 那段时间真是难忘 |
[23:55] | Uh, how about that? Good for you. | 那你真棒啊 |
[23:58] | Professor McCord. | 麦考德教授 |
[24:00] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[24:07] | 门罗高中 欢迎全国优秀学者 | |
[24:15] | Oh, you got to be kidding. | 有没有搞错 |
[24:17] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[24:18] | The… | 那个 |
[24:21] | Ma’am, if you’ll wait here a moment | 国务卿 请您在这稍等 |
[24:22] | while we secure the entrance? | 我们去清理一下入口 |
[24:24] | No. No. | 不 不用了 |
[24:26] | No more dodging. | 我不想再躲了 |
[24:27] | – Babe. – It’s okay. I’ll be fine. | -亲爱的 -没事的 我没事 |
[24:29] | I’ll meet you in there, okay? | 里面见 好吗 |
[24:31] | It’s time to tackle this head-on, | 是时候正面解决了 |
[24:33] | metaphorically speaking, Matt. Okay? | 这只是个比喻 马特 |
[24:42] | No need to attack me. I’m an officer of the court. | 没必要攻击我 我是法律工作者 |
[24:44] | No, no, I… Look, I-I want to apologize for yesterday, | 不不 我 昨天的事非常抱歉 |
[24:48] | and I hope you’re not in too much pain. | 希望你伤得不重 |
[24:51] | Eh, this is nothing. | 没什么 |
[24:53] | One time, a meth dealer ran over me with his Camaro. | 我还被毒贩的科迈罗撞过 |
[24:55] | Oh, my God, that’s awful. | 天哪 太可怕了 |
[24:57] | Besides, I should be thanking you. | 另外 我还要感谢您 |
[25:00] | I’m confused. | 什么意思 |
[25:02] | I linked the video of your people tackling me | 我将您的手下试图抓捕我的视频 |
[25:05] | to the website for my legal services company. | 链接到了我的律所网站 |
[25:07] | My business doubled overnight. | 一夜之间业务翻番 |
[25:09] | Oh… Well, good for you. That’s… | 好吧 恭喜 |
[25:13] | I’m Elizabeth. | 我是伊丽莎白 |
[25:15] | – Joel. – Joel. | -乔尔 -你好 乔尔 |
[25:18] | So should we do this thing? | 那就开始吧 |
[25:20] | Oh, yeah, right. | 对 没错 |
[25:21] | Elizabeth McCord, you have been served. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 这是你的传票 |
[25:24] | Thanks, Joel. | 多谢 乔尔 |
[25:25] | You have a good one. | 祝你愉快 |
[25:29] | Just want you to know that your mom is very proud of you. | 我只想说 妈妈为你骄傲 |
[25:32] | Yeah, I think the whole auditorium knew that. | 整个礼堂的观众都知道了 |
[25:36] | Alison, how’s the stu… uh, Mike? | 艾莉森 那个… 麦克 |
[25:39] | How did you, uh… | 你是怎么 |
[25:40] | The middle one let me in. | 你们家老二放我进来的 |
[25:42] | Damn it. I pressed the thing. | 该死 我按了这玩意 |
[25:42] | Mike B. is here. Congratulations on your award. | 麦克·B来了 恭喜获奖 |
[25:47] | So nice of you to stop by. | 你还过来看我 真是有心 |
[25:50] | Again. | 而且不是头一回了 |
[25:50] | Hey, Mike. Guess this isn’t a social visit again. | 麦克 你这次应该也不是过来聊天的吧 |
[25:54] | Can we talk in there? | 能到里面谈吗 |
[25:55] | Yeah. | 好 |
[25:58] | I know. I know. I let myself get served. Sorry. | 我知道 我不应该接到传票 抱歉 |
[26:01] | Yesterday’s news. | 这个消息都过时了 |
[26:03] | I found out who’s covering | 我找出是谁在为 |
[26:04] | the Dawsons’ considerable legal fees. | 道森一家支付诉讼费用了 |
[26:06] | Yeah? Who is it? | 是吗 谁 |
[26:07] | You’re not gonna like the answer. | 说出来你肯定不信 |
[26:10] | I traced the money through a series of offshore companies | 我通过数家离岸公司和分包公司 |
[26:12] | and subcontractors, all the way back to its source, | 追踪钱款源头 |
[26:14] | and arrived at a trust | 最终发现是一家 |
[26:16] | controlled by a powerful Saudi family | 由一个沙特家族控制的信托公司 |
[26:19] | with close ties to the government. | 而且这个家族和沙特政府关系密切 |
[26:21] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[26:22] | I told you you wouldn’t like it. | 我就说你肯定很惊讶 |
[26:24] | Do you have hard proof it was the Saudis? | 你有确凿证据是沙特在搞鬼吗 |
[26:26] | Not like a sworn affidavit, but give me time. | 算不上铁证如山 再给我点时间 |
[26:32] | A purported ally sabotaging the American Secretary of State. | 自称是美国盟友却暗中陷害美国国务卿 |
[26:36] | It’s… unbelievable. | 简直难以置信 |
[26:37] | What’s a little backstabbing among friends, right? | 背后插刀的阴险队友 |
[26:43] | Let me call you back. | 我稍后回电 |
[26:45] | Madam Secretary, what a pleasant surprise. | 国务卿女士 什么风把您吹来了 |
[26:50] | You’re being played by the Saudis. | 你被沙特耍了 |
[26:52] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[26:53] | Someone very powerful in Saudi Arabia | 沙特国内有位高权重之人 |
[26:56] | is paying the law firm representing the Dawsons. | 在支付那家代理道森一家的律所 |
[27:00] | That’s ridiculous. | 这太夸张了 |
[27:01] | It is. It also happens to be true. | 的确很夸张 但却是事实 |
[27:05] | They’re trying to derail the Iran talks, | 他们的目的是破坏伊朗会谈 |
[27:08] | and they are using you | 而你和我国立法程序 |
[27:10] | and our legislative process to do the dirty work for them. | 都是他们达成卑鄙目的的工具 |
[27:17] | But you already knew that, Senator, didn’t you? | 但你早就知道了 是吧 参议员 |
[27:21] | Well, you know the old proverb: | 有句老话说得好 |
[27:23] | “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” | “敌人的敌人就是朋友” |
[27:26] | Well, that’s interesting that you think | 有意思 |
[27:28] | of the Secretary of State as your enemy. | 你居然把美国国务卿当成你的敌人 |
[27:31] | More interesting still that you assumed | 您居然以为我说的是您而不是伊朗 |
[27:32] | I meant you and not Iran. | 这才有意思 |
[27:35] | You stood in my house and talked about | 你曾经在我家谈论 |
[27:39] | preserving American sovereignty and safety. | 维护美国主权和安全 |
[27:43] | What happened to that guy? | 当初的那个人去哪了 |
[27:44] | Don’t you lecture me about patriotism. | 您用不着跟我说教爱国主义 |
[27:47] | Oh. Saudi Arabia may not be perfect, but they’re our ally. | 沙特或许并不完美 但他们是我们的盟友 |
[27:50] | I know exactly what I’m fighting for, Madam Secretary. | 我清楚自己的使命 国务卿女士 |
[27:53] | Do you? | 您清楚吗 |
[27:55] | And who I’m fighting against. See you around, Carlos. | 那我的对手又是谁呢 回见 卡洛斯 |
[28:06] | That Morejon. | 这个莫雷洪 |
[28:09] | Every time I think that guy might be all right, | 每次我觉得他或许没那么坏 |
[28:12] | he pulls some opportunistic, weaselly maneuver. | 他就会搞出些投机取巧奸诈狡猾的小动作 |
[28:17] | patriot, weasel, patriot, weasel. | 爱国 狡猾 爱国 狡猾 |
[28:21] | No, I think it’s more like: | 不对 我觉得应该是 |
[28:23] | weasel, weasel, briefly patriot, | 狡猾 狡猾 短暂爱国 |
[28:24] | weasel, weasel, weasel, weasel. | 狡猾 狡猾 狡猾 狡猾 |
[28:25] | You’re probably right. | 你说得对 |
[28:28] | Anyway, you never told me the details on your presentation. | 你还没跟我说过你的面试怎么样呢 |
[28:32] | How’d it go? | 顺利吗 |
[28:33] | Well, like I said, it was okay. It’s Lyle that’s the problem. | 还不错 有问题的是莱尔 |
[28:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[28:39] | Well, there’s this officer training course | 德国军方开设了 |
[28:40] | that’s offered by the German military. | 一个军官培训课程 |
[28:42] | It’s very prestigious. | 非常有名 |
[28:43] | Lyle said he took it in 1993 | 莱尔说他是93级的学员 |
[28:45] | and hung out with some officers at Hahn Air Base | 还说那段时间和哈恩空军基地的军官 |
[28:48] | during that time. | 打成一片 |
[28:49] | It was an oddly specific detail. | 这个细节太具体 很奇怪 |
[28:51] | I-It bumped me, the way he said it. | 他提到这事的方式 让我觉得奇怪 |
[28:54] | So I did a little digging. | 所以我去找了找资料 |
[28:56] | Turns out there’s no record of Lyle | 结果发现并没有 |
[28:59] | graduating and finishing his coursework at the academy. | 莱尔在那个学院完成学业毕业的记录 |
[29:03] | A-And yet he puts it on his official CV. | 但他却把这段经历写进了正式简历 |
[29:07] | Yeah. | 惊讶吧 |
[29:13] | So are you gonna turn him in? | 你要告发他吗 |
[29:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:18] | Exposing him is not a small thing. | 揭发他不是个小事 |
[29:21] | But integrity’s kind of the point, right? | 但诚信是关键 对不对 |
[29:25] | Yeah, but from the start, I’ve had it in for the guy. | 但一开始我就对这人有种直觉 |
[29:29] | There’s something about him that just bothers me. | 他身上有种东西让我觉得不安 |
[29:33] | Yeah, I feel that way about, like, everyone right now. | 我现在对谁都是这感觉 |
[29:37] | Except you. | 除你之外 |
[29:40] | Listen, I got to, I got to get back, | 我得 我得回去了 |
[29:42] | but you just… do what you think is right. | 你按你觉得对的去做就行 |
[29:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:53] | Right. | 好了 |
[29:57] | Were you aware that Hezbollah | 您是否知晓黎巴嫩真主党 |
[29:58] | was laundering money to avoid U.S. sanctions? | 在暗中洗钱以躲避美国制裁 |
[30:01] | In accordance with my position | 作为美国行政官员 |
[30:03] | as an executive officer of the United States, | 我有权行使我的职务所赋予的 |
[30:06] | I invoke executive privilege | 行政特权 |
[30:08] | and refrain from answering any questions | 拒绝回答任何 |
[30:10] | that pertain to my official duties as such. | 与我公职相关的问题 |
[30:13] | Were you aware that the release of money frozen | 您是否知道解除作为对伊朗制裁措施之一的 |
[30:14] | as a part of the sanctions against Iran | 资金冻结 |
[30:16] | could be directed to known terrorist groups? | 可能致使资金流向已知的恐怖主义组织 |
[30:20] | In accordance with my position | 作为美国行政官员 |
[30:21] | as an executive officer of the United States, | 我有权行使我的职务所赋予的 |
[30:24] | I invoke executive pr… | 行政特… |
[30:28] | It’s a rote answer. I got it. | 这就是死记硬背 我知道了 |
[30:30] | Do we really need to keep doing this? | 真的有必要再演练吗 |
[30:31] | After the fiasco with the process server? | 出了送传票那么大的动静 |
[30:33] | Yes, you definitely need to practice staying on script. | 你绝对需要练习 确保跟着剧本走 |
[30:37] | Fine, go ahead. | 行 继续 |
[30:38] | – Okay. Did you… – You know what I can’t stand? | -您是否 -你知道我最不能忍受什么吗 |
[30:41] | Betrayal by an ally. | 盟友的背叛 |
[30:42] | The capriciousness of our legal system. | 司法系统的善变 |
[30:44] | People with pet ferrets. It doesn’t matter. | 养雪貂当宠物的人 这不重要 |
[30:46] | This is where we are. | 面对现实吧 |
[30:47] | Jim Dawson’s family lost their only son. | 吉姆·道森的父母失去了独子 |
[30:50] | And they have no idea what really happened. | 但他们却不知道事情的真相 |
[30:55] | You’re right, and that’s sad. | 你说得对 这很悲伤 |
[30:59] | But it’s not our problem. Let’s get back to work, okay? | 但这不是我们的问题 回到正题好吗 |
[31:01] | But, see, it is my problem. | 不 这就是我的问题 |
[31:05] | The deal is dead. | 协议被搅黄了 |
[31:07] | This lawsuit is whatever it is. | 这个起诉 爱怎么样怎么样吧 |
[31:11] | But that family doesn’t deserve to be… | 但道森一家不应该 |
[31:14] | manipulated by people hiding in the shadows. | 被那些幕后的人操纵利用 |
[31:18] | They are not going to get their son back, | 他们的儿子不会死而复生 |
[31:19] | but they deserve some peace. | 但至少不该再让他们不得安宁 |
[31:21] | They deserve the truth. I owe them that. | 他们有权知道真相 这是我欠他们的 |
[31:27] | Feel better? | 说出来觉得好点了吗 |
[31:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:30] | Good, ’cause you’re never saying any of that. | 很好 但你绝对不能对外这么说 |
[31:32] | Actually, I think I am. | 我就打算这么说 |
[31:37] | – I’m still billing you for this. – Yep. | -这单还是照例收钱的 -行 |
[31:51] | Mr. Dawson. Elizabeth McCord. | 道森先生 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[31:54] | I-I apologize for showing up at your door like this, | 抱歉 冒昧打扰了 |
[31:57] | but I have some information about your son. | 但我知道一些有关您儿子的事情 |
[31:59] | I think we ought to call our lawyer. | 我得通知我们的律师到场 |
[32:02] | Who is it, Bob? | 鲍勃 是谁 |
[32:04] | Hello, Mrs. Dawson. Grace. | 你们好 道森太太 格蕾丝 |
[32:07] | She says she’s got information about Jim. | 她说她有关于吉姆的事情 |
[32:12] | Can I… | 我能 |
[32:13] | Please. | 请进 |
[32:14] | Come in, Madam Secretary. | 进来吧 国务卿女士 |
[32:23] | This doesn’t happen often, | 这是特事特办 |
[32:25] | but the President has approved the release | 总统同意公布 |
[32:28] | of certain classified information | 与你们儿子的死亡有关的 |
[32:30] | about your son’s death. | 部分机密信息 |
[32:32] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[32:34] | Jim helped companies with their computers. | 吉姆只是公司程序员 |
[32:38] | Mrs. Dawson, | 道森太太 |
[32:39] | Jim was a decorated operative for the CIA | 吉姆是一名受过嘉奖的中情局工作人员 |
[32:43] | working on extremely sensitive national security issues. | 他处理极为敏感的国家安全问题 |
[32:48] | He never said anything about any of this. | 他从未告诉过我们 |
[32:54] | I know it’s a lot to take in. | 我知道这很难接受 |
[32:59] | He had to hide that side of his life to protect you | 他不得不把生命的那一面藏起来 |
[33:02] | and families like yours. | 来保护你们和类似的家庭 |
[33:08] | Jim was a hero who died in service to this country. | 吉姆是为国捐躯的英雄 |
[33:12] | I know it doesn’t bring your son back. | 我知道这不会让你的儿子死而复生 |
[33:19] | You want us to drop the lawsuit. Don’t you? | 你要我们放弃诉讼 是不是 |
[33:22] | – Sweetheart. – No. No, honey, no. She’s using us. | -亲爱的 -不 她在利用我们 |
[33:25] | Can’t you see that? You politicians are all the same. | 你看不出来吗 你们这些政客都是一样的 |
[33:28] | You only pretend you care when there’s something you need. | 有求于人的时候就假装关心 |
[33:31] | Mr. Dawson, I agree with you. | 道森先生 我同意你的看法 |
[33:35] | Politics can be an ugly business | 政治可能是一个丑陋的行业 |
[33:37] | and if you want to sue me, absolutely, that is your right. | 如果你想起诉我 当然 那是你的权利 |
[33:44] | It’s true. I shake a lot of hands I’d rather not shake. | 没错 我握了很多我不愿握的手 |
[33:50] | But the unique privilege of my job… | 但是我工作的特权是… |
[33:55] | is that I get to see the difference | 能看到像你儿子这样的人 |
[33:57] | that people like your son make in the world. | 令世界做出的改变 |
[34:07] | On behalf of a grateful nation, | 我代表一个感恩的国家 |
[34:10] | I want to thank you for Jim’s service | 为吉姆为国家做出的贡献感谢你们 |
[34:12] | and offer my deepest condolences. | 并致以最深切的哀悼 |
[34:15] | I appreciate your time. | 感谢你们的接待 |
[34:20] | Thank you for telling us about our Jim. | 谢谢你告诉我们这些关于吉姆的事 |
[34:32] | How’d you do it? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[34:33] | Do you want to just get it over with | 你想不想就这么算了 |
[34:35] | and move into our garage? | 然后搬进我们的车库 |
[34:38] | When did you start running voluntarily? | 你是什么时候开始自愿跑步的 |
[34:41] | Today. | 今天 |
[34:41] | As you know, I’ve always maintained | 如你所知 我一直坚持认为 |
[34:42] | that exercise is stupid and painful, | 跑步是个既愚蠢又痛苦的锻炼方式 |
[34:44] | but clearly I know nothing | 但显然我对这个世界一无所知 |
[34:46] | because the Dawsons are dropping the suit. | 因为道森一家正在放弃诉讼 |
[34:48] | So again, how did you do it? | 那么 你是怎么做到的呢 |
[34:51] | That’s not what I went over there for, | 那不是我去找他们的目的 |
[34:52] | but that’s good news, I suppose. | 但我想这是个好消息 |
[34:54] | You suppose? | 你想 |
[34:55] | It’s unequivocally good news. | 这是个超级好消息 |
[34:57] | In fact, they’re releasing a statement thanking you | 事实上 他们正在发表一份声明 |
[34:59] | for whatever it is you did. | 感谢你神秘的所作所为 |
[35:01] | The word on the Hill is Morejon is still trying | 圈子里的人说莫雷洪还在尝试凑齐选票 |
[35:03] | to cobble together votes, which he won’t get | 一旦那个悲伤的美国家庭是被 |
[35:05] | once it leaks that the former | 沙特前教育部副部长操控了 |
[35:06] | Saudi deputy minister of education is paying | 的消息传出去 |
[35:09] | to manipulate a grieving, American family. | 他就绝对不可能凑齐了 |
[35:11] | You found hard evidence? | 你找到了确凿的证据吗 |
[35:13] | Sometimes it’s like you don’t even realize | 有时候你甚至都没有意识到 |
[35:15] | you’re insulting me. | 你在侮辱我 |
[35:17] | Anyway, the point is, | 无论如何 关键在于 |
[35:19] | you can now restart your little peace talks. | 你现在可以重启你的小和谈了 |
[35:21] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[35:22] | About that, um, is there a friend rate or…? | 说到这事 能给我个友情价吗 |
[35:26] | There is not. | 没有 |
[35:28] | You, Elizabeth McCord, are an exhausting client. | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 你真是个磨人的客户 |
[35:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:34] | Going to see that family was reckless and stupid. | 去探望道森一家的做法是鲁莽并且愚蠢的 |
[35:41] | You know, you asked me how I did it. | 你刚才问我是怎么做到的 |
[35:44] | I wasn’t trying to do anything, | 我去之前什么都没打算 |
[35:47] | just what I thought was right. | 我只是觉得应该这样做 |
[35:50] | I already said. Stupid. | 我说过了 这蠢透了 |
[35:58] | – Hey. Out. – Oh, yeah. | -走了 -好吧好吧 |
[36:08] | Lyle. | 莱尔 |
[36:10] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[36:11] | In a bit of a hurry. | 我没多少时间 |
[36:12] | General Winfield has some pictures of antlers | 温菲尔德将军有一些鹿角的照片 |
[36:15] | he wants to show me. | 他想让我看看 |
[36:15] | Look, I know you didn’t complete | 我知道你没有完成 |
[36:17] | the Military Academy of the German Armed Forces. | 在德国军事学院的课程 |
[36:21] | Their records show that you enrolled, | 他们的记录显示你被录取了 |
[36:22] | but you didn’t complete your coursework. | 但是你没有完成学业 |
[36:27] | And you’re gonna do what with this allegation? | 你想怎么样 |
[36:32] | Have this conversation with you. | 就是和你谈谈这件事 |
[36:35] | So I’ll just step aside and you can get the job. Is that it? | 所以我退出 把这份工作拱手让给你是吗 |
[36:38] | Or you could consider it an opportunity | 或者你可以认为这是一个 |
[36:40] | to correct your oversight. | 纠正错误的机会 |
[36:44] | And no one has to know? | 你不会说出去吗 |
[36:45] | Not if you resolve the issue. | 如果你解决了这个问题 |
[36:47] | I don’t see why they would. | 别人就没必要知道了 |
[36:52] | One point. | 一分 |
[36:57] | I failed my last final by one point. | 我以一分之差没能通过考试 |
[37:01] | I mean, there’s a retest the next week, | 本来一周之后有一个复试 |
[37:02] | but I’d already booked my flight back to the States. | 但是我已经预定了回美国的航班 |
[37:07] | Then one day I looked up. | 有一天 我查了查 |
[37:09] | It was five years later and no one had even mentioned it. | 五年过去了 没有人提起过这件事 |
[37:13] | Oh, man. | 兄弟 |
[37:15] | That’s tough. | 这是个很难的抉择 |
[37:17] | I’m sure a lot of us would probably have done | 我相信我们很多人 |
[37:19] | the exact same thing. | 可能都会这么做 |
[37:22] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[37:24] | I got the distinct impression you didn’t like me. | 我清楚地感觉到你不喜欢我 |
[37:28] | I don’t. | 没错 |
[37:29] | Well, I didn’t. | 我以前是不太喜欢你 |
[37:31] | I can come on strong, I know. | 我知道 我有时挺难相处的 |
[37:34] | That crack about your wife… | 我对你妻子开的玩笑… |
[37:37] | Was not great. | 不太合适 |
[37:41] | But your book about Sherman’s March was. | 但是你关于谢尔曼进军的书很棒 |
[37:43] | You didn’t have to do this, Lyle. | 你根本没必要这么做 莱尔 |
[37:44] | You’re the real deal. | 你有真本事 |
[37:46] | Even if not everything on your CV was. | 虽然你的简历不太真实 |
[37:50] | That’s very decent of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[37:54] | Ethical, dare I say. | 我应该说 你很有道德 |
[37:59] | Thank you, Henry. | 谢谢你 亨利 |
[38:05] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 |
[38:06] | I’ve heard a troubling rumor about the late James Dawson, | 我听说了一个关于已故的詹姆斯·道森的事 |
[38:09] | specifically in regards | 尤其是关于 |
[38:10] | to who he was really working for while in the Kingdom. | 他在我国期间的真实工作 |
[38:13] | Prince Asim, thanks so much for making the time. | 阿希姆王子 非常感谢你抽时间来找我 |
[38:15] | Sending unauthorized spies into our country | 派遣未经授权的间谍进入沙特 |
[38:17] | is yet another example of the U.S. abusing a trusted ally. | 这是美国又一次欺侮信赖的盟友 |
[38:22] | We both know that every country does exactly that | 我们都知道每个国家都对其他国家这样做 |
[38:25] | to every other country, so you feigning outrage tells me | 你却跑来假装愤怒地对我控诉 |
[38:30] | you really must be getting hounded at home | 你一定是在国内受到不少 |
[38:32] | about closing this missile deal, huh? | 关于完成这次导弹交易的压力吧 |
[38:35] | So we’re being brutally honest with each other now? | 所以我们现在有话直说吗 |
[38:37] | What are trusted allies for, right? | 值得信赖的盟友之间不就应该这样吗 |
[38:40] | And in that spirit, | 本着这样的精神 |
[38:43] | we know that someone closely connected with your government | 我们知道有个与贵国政府联系密切的人 |
[38:47] | has been funding the Dawsons’ lawsuit against me. | 一直在资助道森一家对我的诉讼 |
[38:53] | Madam Secretary, you misunderstand. | 国务卿女士 你误解了 |
[38:56] | His Highness remains cognizant of the need | 国王殿下仍然明白 |
[38:58] | for our continued cooperation. | 我们继续合作的必要性 |
[39:00] | You mean you still want our precision-guided weapons. | 你的意思是你还想要我们的精确制导武器 |
[39:03] | Yeah, don’t worry. You-you’ll get them… | 别担心 你会得到它们的 |
[39:06] | as soon as your government brokers | 只要你的政府代理人 |
[39:07] | an immediate cease-fire in Yemen. | 立即在也门停火 |
[39:11] | You must know that such a message | 你要明白这样的要求 |
[39:12] | will cause great consternation to His Majesty. | 这将使国王大为惊恐 |
[39:16] | And therefore, even more to the messenger. | 使者会更为惊恐 |
[39:19] | I’m putting you in a rough spot. | 我让你很难做 |
[39:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:23] | But, truth be told, | 但是 说实话 |
[39:26] | I haven’t really been in a great spot, either, | 过去的几天里 |
[39:28] | the last few days, | 我过得也不舒服 |
[39:30] | so cease-fire for missiles. | 所以停火换导弹 |
[39:33] | That’s the deal. | 这就是协议 |
[39:39] | I will take up your proposal with the king. | 我会向国王转告你的提议的 |
[39:41] | And I look forward to the announcement of the cease-fire. | 我期待贵国的停火消息 |
[39:43] | Thanks so much. You have a great day. | 非常感谢 祝你好运 |
[39:49] | Welcome to the first meeting of | 欢迎来到军事伦理系的 |
[39:52] | the Military Ethics Department. | 第一次会议 |
[39:57] | Okay, well, obviously, we’re just getting up and running, | 好吧 很明显 我们才刚刚成立 |
[39:59] | so I wanted to open the floor and get a sense of your hopes | 所以大家请自由发言 让我感受一下 |
[40:02] | for the new department. | 你们对这个新部门的希望 |
[40:03] | Well, first of all, congratulations. | 首先 恭喜 |
[40:05] | So well deserved. | 这是你应得的 |
[40:07] | If I could just raise a small housekeeping issue? | 我能不能提出一个小小的内务问题 |
[40:09] | Sure. Absolutely. | 当然可以 |
[40:11] | I understand Lyle Belkin has taken a sabbatical. | 我知道莱尔·贝尔金休假了 |
[40:14] | I’m assuming that means his parking space will be available. | 我想这意味着他的停车位将会向其他人开放 |
[40:18] | His parking space? | 他的停车位 |
[40:19] | Um, point of order. | 要按程序办事 |
[40:21] | I made a request to Facilities months ago | 我几个月前就提出了申请 |
[40:24] | for a closer spot, so… | 希望得到一个近一点的车位 所以… |
[40:26] | O-Okay. Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:28] | Well, I was hoping to talk about | 我今天上午是打算谈谈 |
[40:29] | some bigger-picture issues this morning. | 一些更大的问题的 |
[40:31] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然可以 |
[40:34] | So you’ll be taking it yourself then? | 这么说 那个车位归你了 |
[40:36] | To the victor go the spoils. | 这是胜利者的战利品 |
[40:38] | All hail Henricus Rex. | 胜利者万岁 |
[40:40] | No. | 不 |
[40:41] | Okay, can we circle back | 好吧 我们能以后再谈 |
[40:43] | to the parking space issue later? | 停车位问题吗 |
[40:46] | Yeah? Okay. | 好吗 |
[40:48] | “Iran commits to financial | “伊朗保证财务透明度 |
[40:49] | “transparency and accountability, | 和问责制 |
[40:51] | “greater monitoring and transparency | 对将伊朗武器转让给非国家行为者的行为 |
[40:53] | of Iranian weapon transfers to non-State actors.” | 采取更大的监管力度和透明度” |
[40:58] | And to insure this, Iran will accept an inspection | 为了确保这一点 伊朗将接受 |
[41:02] | and verification regime. | 检查和核查机制 |
[41:05] | Is that acceptable? | 贵国可以接受吗 |
[41:08] | It is debatable. | 可以商榷 |
[41:11] | It’s a start. | 这是一个开始 |
[41:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:16] | In the spirit of cooperation, | 本着合作的精神 |
[41:17] | the IRGC has information | 伊斯兰革命卫队掌握了 |
[41:19] | on the whereabouts of one of your citizens | 关于一个贵国公民下落的信息 |
[41:22] | that it would like to share. | 想要分享给美国 |
[41:29] | Amina Shaloubi of the Washington Chronicle? | 《华盛顿纪事报》的阿米娜·夏露比 |
[41:31] | She was abducted by Boko Haram over a year ago. | 她在一年前被博科圣地组织绑架了 |
[41:34] | Your intelligence services will find the information | 你的情报部门可以验证这些 |
[41:38] | regarding Ms. Shaloubi’s location reliable. | 关于夏露比女士位置的信息是真实的 |
[41:44] | The United States appreciates Iran’s assistance | 美国感谢伊朗 |
[41:46] | in this matter. | 在这件事情上的帮助 |
[41:50] | Gentlemen, I’m glad you’re back. | 先生们 很高兴你们回来了 |
[41:53] | All right, shall we? | 我们继续吧 |
[42:34] | 中情局纪念墙 以此纪念为国捐躯的在中央情报局烈士们 |