时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – Good night, Frank. – Good night, Frank. | -晚安 弗兰克 -晚安 弗兰克 |
[00:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:08] | – Sorry. – God, my feet hurt. | -对不起 -天呐 我的脚好疼 |
[00:10] | I can only do this because I stopped | 我只能这么做 因为我 |
[00:12] | matching the Panamanian foreign minister | 没再和巴拿马外交部长 |
[00:13] | drink for drink. | 一杯又一杯的较量 |
[00:14] | Oh, I know. I heard you guys | 我知道 我听到你们 |
[00:18] | laughing and clinking glasses. | 谈笑和碰杯的声音 |
[00:20] | Yeah, he’s… Turns out, | 对 他 事实证明 |
[00:21] | he’s former military, used to teach foreign relations. | 他是退伍军人 之前教授国际关系 |
[00:24] | And I asked him to speak | 我邀请他下个月 |
[00:26] | at the ethics symposium next month at the War College. | 到军事学院伦理研究会演讲 |
[00:29] | He said yes, so, yeah, I’ll drink to that. | 他同意了 所以我就喝了好多 |
[00:32] | I don’t know how you manage to have fun at these things. | 我不知道你怎么能享受这些 |
[00:34] | Well, babe, I don’t have the burden of the job. | 亲爱的 我没有工作压力呀 |
[00:37] | Let’s face it, I’m a guy that can have fun | 面对它吧 我就是做什么 |
[00:38] | doing pretty much anything. | 都做得有趣的那种人啊 |
[00:40] | I know, I used to love that about you. | 我知道 我就爱你这点 |
[00:43] | Oh, God, Henry. | 天呐 亨利 |
[00:46] | I’m not fun anymore. | 我不再有趣了 |
[00:47] | You’re still fun. Here, give… | 你还是很有趣的 来 |
[00:51] | You know what the problem is? | 你知道问题出在哪吗 |
[00:54] | We don’t– | 我们不 |
[00:54] | we never see our friends anymore. | 我们再也不和朋友见面了 |
[00:57] | I mean, what happened to our friends? | 我们的朋友到底怎么了 |
[01:00] | Where are the Rasmussens? We’ve been friends with them | 拉斯马森夫妻俩在哪呢 自从 |
[01:02] | since… since Melissa and Stevie | 自从梅利莎和斯蒂芬上幼儿园起 |
[01:05] | were in preschool together. | 咱们就是朋友 |
[01:06] | When was the last time we saw them? | 咱们最后一次见他们是什么时候 |
[01:08] | – I don’t remember. – See? | -我不记得了 -对吧 |
[01:09] | And we used to have a regular Cranium night with them. | 我们之前和他们定期举行大脑测试之夜 |
[01:12] | You used to make people cry at Cranium. | 你之前在大脑测试的时候还把人弄哭 |
[01:14] | Look, it’s not my fault that I can still spell backwards | 我喝了两杯之后依旧能倒着拼写 |
[01:17] | after two drinks. | 怪我吗 |
[01:18] | Wait a minute, didn’t Dolly just have a birthday? | 等下 多莉不是刚过生日 |
[01:20] | We were always invited to that party. | 之前总邀请我们去参加生日聚会啊 |
[01:24] | – I think we dropped off their list. – What? | -我觉得咱们不在他们的名单上了 -什么 |
[01:26] | – Why? ?- We canceled on ’em a bunch. | -为啥 -我们放了他们很多次鸽子 |
[01:28] | – Oh, so? That happens. – Like eight times. | -那又怎样 情有可原啊 -八次 |
[01:30] | – Eight times? – ?Or nine. | -八次 -或者九次 |
[01:32] | Nine… Wow. | 九次 天呐 |
[01:35] | That is bad. | 那就太过分了 |
[01:36] | Well, I’ll fix it. | 我来补救吧 |
[01:37] | I’ll write ’em an e-mail, | 我给他们写封邮件 |
[01:38] | and I’ll try to set something up for next weekend. | 尽量下周末安排个活动 |
[01:41] | And we won’t cancel. | 我们不会再取消了 |
[01:43] | – No matter what. – No matter what. | -无论如何都不会 -无论如何 |
[01:45] | And then I can be fun again. | 这样我就又能有趣了 |
[01:46] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[01:48] | You said I was still fun. | 你刚说我还很有趣 |
[01:50] | Former pilot– should have seen that propeller coming. | 前飞行员应该预见螺旋桨的呀 |
[01:53] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[01:55] | See, I’m-I’m fun already. | 看到吗 我已经开始有趣了 |
[01:58] | Yeah, you are. Okay, do my feet. | 是的 好了 换你给我按脚吧 |
[02:01] | They’re big. | 好大 |
[02:01] | Jay. | 杰伊 |
[02:03] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[02:04] | You read the latest polls coming out of Honduras? | 你看了洪都拉斯最新的民意调查吗 |
[02:06] | Yeah, bad guy’s gaining ground. | 看了 反派迎头赶上 |
[02:08] | – So? – So what? | -所以 -所以怎样 |
[02:09] | So, how you gonna tell M-Sec? | 你怎么告诉国务卿 |
[02:12] | I’ll just tell her. | 我就告诉她呗 |
[02:13] | Look, we’re convening a conference | 我们今天将要召开 |
[02:14] | – on regional security in Central America today. – Right. | -中美区域安全会议 -对 |
[02:17] | The United States very much needs this deal as a lynchpin | 美国亟需这一协定 |
[02:19] | for our border security. | 这是我们边界安全的关键 |
[02:21] | And having Honduras on board is vital. | 得到洪都拉斯的支持很重要 |
[02:22] | Yeah. And President Tejeda is only | 对 特赫达总统 |
[02:24] | two points ahead of her rival, | 只领先她的对手 |
[02:26] | Maynor Fonseca, who’s threatening | 梅诺·丰塞卡两个百分点 |
[02:27] | to pull out of the agreement if he’s elected. | 他威胁如果他当选要退出该协议 |
[02:29] | Okay, so President Tejeda is going to be | 所以特赫达总统今天 |
[02:30] | at that conference– | 会再次出席该会议 |
[02:31] | again, today– freaking out about these same crappy polls | 面对同样糟糕的投票惊慌失措 |
[02:34] | and trying to figure out what to do about them. | 想知道到底该怎么办 |
[02:36] | Maybe boost her standing by appearing | 或许让她 |
[02:37] | to stand up to the U.S. | 勇敢面对美国 |
[02:39] | Yeah, by threatening to pull out of the security deal, | 对 比如说 |
[02:41] | as one example. | 威胁退出安全协定 |
[02:42] | Okay. So, when Nadine | 好吧 纳丁 |
[02:44] | had to give M-Sec bad news first thing in the morning… | 早上要告诉国务卿坏消息 |
[02:46] | She also pitched her a fix. | 她已经陷入一个困境 |
[02:48] | So, do you have one? | 所以你有吗 |
[02:51] | And then the conference will culminate | 那么会议会以总统 |
[02:52] | in a signing ceremony | 和其他国家领导人 |
[02:53] | with POTUS and the other heads of state, | 签约而结束 |
[02:55] | but you’ll officially open with some remarks | 但你会正式开始得到这样的评论 |
[02:57] | that Matt is putting the finishing touches on. | 马特进行收尾工作 |
[02:59] | Do you want to give us an overview? | 你想给我们做个概述吗 |
[03:00] | Uh, yeah, sure. | 好的 |
[03:03] | So the big idea is that, even though | 所以计划是 |
[03:04] | the countries of Central America and the U.S. | 即使中美国家和 |
[03:06] | are very different, | 美国非常不同 |
[03:08] | we all have one common enemy– gangs. | 我们都有一个共同的敌人 犯罪团伙 |
[03:11] | Drug trafficking, violence, | 中美地区的贩毒 暴力 |
[03:12] | social and economic problems in Central America | 社会经济问题 |
[03:15] | create untenable living conditions | 给他们自己的良好公民 |
[03:16] | for their good citizens. Thanks. | 造成了严峻的生活条件 谢谢 |
[03:18] | Which causes said good citizens | 导致好的公民 |
[03:20] | to flee from the gangs | 逃离犯罪团伙 |
[03:21] | and seek refuge in the U.S. | 到美国避难 |
[03:24] | Now, this agreement facilitates | 现在 该协议有助于 |
[03:25] | intelligence sharing, | 情报交流 |
[03:27] | raises law enforcement standards, | 提升执法标准 |
[03:29] | and suggests social reforms | 建议社会改革 |
[03:31] | that will help alleviate these problems. | 有助于缓和这些问题 |
[03:32] | So, helping to solve the gang problem | 所以帮助解决 |
[03:34] | in Central America | 中美的犯罪团伙问题 |
[03:35] | is in America’s best interest, too. | 也符合美国的最大利益 |
[03:36] | In short, we’re all in this together– go, team. | 总之 我们共同面对一切 加油吧 |
[03:39] | Sounds good. Have you all seen | 听起来不错 你们都看了 |
[03:40] | the latest polling out of Honduras? | 洪都拉斯最新的民意调查吗 |
[03:43] | We have, indeed, ma’am. | 看了 国务卿 |
[03:45] | President Tejeda is only up by two. | 特赫达总统仅领先两个百分点 |
[03:47] | Over an ex soccer player who hates America. | 超过一个讨厌美国的前足球运动员 |
[03:50] | Hey, there is so much more to Maynor Fonseca than that. | 梅诺·丰塞卡不仅如此 |
[03:53] | He’s also semi-literate. | 他还是个半文盲 |
[03:54] | And proud of it. He and his party | 还以此为荣 他和他的政党 |
[03:56] | portray President Tejeda as a weak woman | 将特赫达总统描述成一个软弱的女人 |
[03:59] | who’s soft on crime | 对待犯罪手腕不够强硬 |
[04:01] | and needs Mean Daddy U.S. to prop her up. | 需要美国老爹撑腰 |
[04:02] | Look, I’ve known her a while, | 我认识她有段时间 |
[04:04] | and I admire her. | 我很欣赏她 |
[04:06] | My concern is that in order to combat | 我担心她为了反驳 |
[04:09] | Fonseca’s accusations that she’s a U.S. puppet, | 丰塞卡对于她是美国傀儡的指控 |
[04:12] | she walks away from the agreement. | 退出该协定 |
[04:14] | So, what do we do about that? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[04:17] | How about a pull-aside with her at the conference? | 在会议上和她进行一个非正式谈话 |
[04:18] | Encourage her to stay the course, | 鼓励她坚持住 |
[04:20] | and let her know that, short of putting our thumb | 让她知道 虽然我们不会直接干预选举 |
[04:22] | on the scale of the election, the U.S. has her back. | 但美国支持她 |
[04:25] | Set it up. Yeah. Thanks, everybody. | 安排一下 好 谢谢各位 |
[04:28] | You may be a little faster than Nadine. | 你比纳丁快一点 |
[04:31] | Thanks for the heads up. | 谢谢提醒 |
[04:34] | I so enjoyed meeting your husband, Madam Secretary. | 和你的丈夫见面很开心 国务卿 |
[04:37] | I appreciate his invitation to visit the War College. | 非常荣幸受他邀请拜访军事学院 |
[04:40] | He feels that you’ll be the perfect speaker | 他认为你是此次座谈会 |
[04:42] | for the symposium. | 最合适的演讲人 |
[04:44] | If you’ll excuse me a moment. | 请稍等 |
[04:46] | Am I wrong, | 是我错了 |
[04:47] | or does President Tejeda look a lot more serious | 还是特赫达总统比昨天 |
[04:48] | than she did yesterday? | 看起来更严肃 |
[04:52] | Mr. Mahoney, your mother called again. | 马奥尼先生 您母亲又来电 |
[04:55] | She said to tell you that she’s not afraid to stop by. | 她说她不怕顺便拜访一下 |
[04:57] | So subtle, like a torpedo. | 这么狡猾 就像鱼雷一样 |
[04:59] | Thanks, Maggie. | 谢谢 美琪 |
[05:02] | – Hey, what was that about? – Nothing good. | -怎么了 -坏事 |
[05:04] | – Oh, no. Family emergency? – Yeah. | -不是吧 家庭紧急情况 -对 |
[05:06] | I’m, uh, almost 35 and still single. | 我三十五岁还单着 |
[05:09] | You’re not single. | 你不是单身啊 |
[05:10] | – You and Captain Baker have… – Are over. | -你和贝克上尉 -结束了 |
[05:12] | What, you broke up with Ronnie? | 什么 你和罗尼分手了 |
[05:13] | Look, I’m really trying not to think about it. | 我真的尽量不想这件事 |
[05:15] | It’s painful. I’m sure you understand. | 很痛苦 我相信你能理解 |
[05:17] | – But why? – Thank you for understanding. | -但为什么 -谢谢理解 |
[05:19] | I’m sorry, Matt. | 很抱歉 马特 |
[05:21] | Look, she’s… | 她 |
[05:22] | she’s going to South Korea for a year, | 她要去韩国待一年 |
[05:25] | and after that she can be assigned someplace like Qatar. | 之后她可能会被派到像卡塔尔一样的地方 |
[05:28] | It’s the nature of the job. | 这就是这份工作的本质 |
[05:29] | It’s not conducive to a long-term relationship. | 对长期的关系来说并没什么好处 |
[05:32] | So, we decided to rip the Band-Aid off. | 所以我们决定撕掉创可贴 |
[05:34] | And whose idea was the Band-Aid ripping? | 这是谁的点子 |
[05:37] | I know you think I’m a dreamer, | 我知道你觉得我是个不切实际的人 |
[05:38] | – but I’m a pragmatist. – No. | -但我是个实用主义者 -不 |
[05:40] | I think you’re an idiot. | 我认为你是个傻子 |
[05:41] | Wait, she was crazy about you. | 等下 她为你痴狂 |
[05:42] | You really couldn’t make it work? | 你真的不能继续下去吗 |
[05:43] | Yeah, I never really considered that. | 是 我从没考虑过 |
[05:47] | Dude, I agonized over this. | 老兄 我很痛苦 |
[05:49] | This was one of the hardest decisions of my life. | 这是我这生最痛苦的决定之一 |
[05:51] | Just… I believe that we both deserve to be with someone | 只是 我相信我们都值得一个 |
[05:55] | who we can actually be with. | 能真正在一起的人 |
[05:57] | Now that I’m single again, my mom’s on the job. | 现在我又单身了 我妈又开始行动了 |
[06:01] | As in arranging a marriage? | 给你安排相亲 |
[06:04] | No offense, she can’t possibly do worse | 无意冒犯 她不可能 |
[06:05] | than you’re already doing. | 比你现在弄得更糟 |
[06:07] | He has a point. | 他说的有理 |
[06:07] | And who loves you and knows you better than anyone? | 谁最爱你最了解你 |
[06:09] | And isn’t an app on your phone? | 你手机上不是有个软件 |
[06:10] | You know, there’s a really decent chance | 真的很有可能 |
[06:12] | that your mother knows what you need more than you do. | 你妈比你更知道你需要什么 |
[06:14] | There’s a decent chance that anyone | 很有可能 |
[06:15] | knows what you need more than you do. | 任何人都比你更知道你需要什么 |
[06:16] | Dude, I know you’re a fan of Ronnie. | 老兄 我知道你很喜欢罗尼 |
[06:17] | – So am I. She’s amazing. – No, no, I just… | -我也是 她很好 -不 我只是 |
[06:19] | But long-distance relationships do not work. | 但异地恋是行不通的 |
[06:22] | Everybody knows that. | 每个人都知道 |
[06:23] | Okay, so, give the fix-up a shot. | 好吧 给替补队员个机会 |
[06:26] | Call your mom. | 给你妈打个电话 |
[06:29] | Outgoing President Tejeda. | 即将卸任的特赫达总统 |
[06:31] | So, M-Sec and Tejeda: | 所以 国务卿和特赫达是 |
[06:32] | friendly chat or tank the agreement? | 友好会谈还是彻底谈崩 |
[06:34] | Cross your fingers. | 祈祷好运 |
[06:36] | Jay, thanks. | 杰伊 谢谢 |
[06:38] | Daphne, I just wanted to tell you that | 达芙妮 我只是想告诉你 |
[06:40] | I’m aware of the pressure that you are getting back home, | 我知道你回去面临的压力 |
[06:44] | and, as your friend, I sympathize. | 作为你的朋友 我深表同情 |
[06:46] | So, have you seen the latest polls? | 那你看了最新的民意调查吗 |
[06:48] | Yeah, I have, and I’m sorry. | 看了 很遗憾 |
[06:50] | But it’s also why I have to ask | 但这也是为什么我必须问 |
[06:52] | about your commitment to this agreement. | 你对这个协定是否恪守承诺 |
[06:54] | – I believe in the agreement. – ?Good. | -我坚信该协定 -很好 |
[06:56] | But you have to give me something. | 但你得给我点什么 |
[06:58] | Something that I can point out with pride | 这样我能自豪地指出 |
[07:00] | that I was able to get from the mighty U.S. | 我能从强大的美国那获得权益 |
[07:04] | What, exactly, are you asking for? | 你到底要什么 |
[07:06] | I want the aid money that’s been allocated | 我想要用于该安全协议的援助资金 |
[07:08] | for this security agreement fast-tracked, | 快速到位 |
[07:10] | so we can receive it as soon as the agreement is signed. | 这样我们一签署该协议就能得到资金 |
[07:13] | Meaning today? | 你说今天 |
[07:15] | That money can only be released | 只有达到一定基准 |
[07:17] | after certain benchmarks have been met. | 资金才能批准 |
[07:19] | You know the terms. You helped draft them. | 你知道条款 你帮忙起草的 |
[07:21] | What do you think that soccer hooligan Fonseca | 你觉得如果足球流氓丰塞卡 |
[07:23] | is going to do with your benchmarks | 当选总统 |
[07:25] | if he gets elected? | 他会在乎你的标准吗 |
[07:27] | Getting you that aid money early | 而提前批准援助 |
[07:29] | will earn you votes. | 会为你赢得选票 |
[07:30] | You are asking us to help tip the election in your favor. | 你是在要求我们在大选中帮你 |
[07:34] | And I am telling you that President Dalton | 我告诉你 道尔顿总统 |
[07:36] | would never do that. | 永远不会这样做 |
[07:37] | So, now the U.S. Is timid about | 因此 现在美国又不敢 |
[07:39] | meddling in our affairs? | 干涉我们的内政了吗 |
[07:42] | Por favor. | 别装了 |
[07:45] | How many elections has the U.S. subverted | 美国在拉丁美洲操纵过 |
[07:48] | in Latin America? | 多少次选举 |
[07:50] | How many coups and dictatorships have you backed? | 你本人支持过多少政变和独裁 |
[07:54] | Indeed, how many times | 事实上 你干预过多少次 |
[07:56] | have you intervened in Honduras? | 洪都拉斯的内政 |
[07:59] | At least seven, I believe. | 我相信至少有七次 |
[08:00] | Correct. And why? | 没错 为什么 |
[08:03] | Because when it comes to Honduras, | 因为在洪都拉斯 |
[08:05] | the U.S. has always done what it views | 美国一直在做 |
[08:08] | as its own interest. | 对自己有利的事 |
[08:20] | 大家喝点水 孩子们需要这个场馆 如果我们倒下 就辜负了他们 | |
[08:34] | 谁来帮我扶着这块木板 我好在上面做标记 | |
[08:37] | 如果你不再说我爱管事 我就帮你 | |
[08:50] | It is with great hope | 我充满希望而自豪地 |
[08:52] | and pride that I sign the first | 签署第一个 |
[08:54] | Central American Security Agreement. | 中美洲安全协议 |
[08:56] | The cooperation it enshrines | 这个协议中规定的合作 |
[08:58] | will give us the chance to break the stranglehold of gangs, | 会给我们打破帮派束缚的机会 |
[09:01] | unleash the incredible economic potential | 释放中美洲 |
[09:02] | of Central America, | 不可思议的经济潜力 |
[09:04] | and to witness the dawning of a new day | 见证西半球 |
[09:06] | in our hemisphere. | 新时代的到来 |
[09:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:34] | – Is everything all right? – There’s been an incident. | -一切都还好吗 -出了一件事 |
[09:37] | One of our worst gangs, FT-88, has taken a group | 我们最坏的帮派之一 FT-88 |
[09:41] | of NGO workers hostage. | 抓了一些非政府组织的工作人员当人质 |
[09:45] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[09:46] | Is there anything that we can do to help? | 有什么我们可以帮忙的吗 |
[09:48] | There’s more. | 还不止这样 |
[09:49] | All the hostages are Honduran, except one. | 所有人质都是洪都拉斯人 除了一个 |
[09:52] | Her family’s Honduran, but she’s an American citizen. | 她的家人是洪都拉斯人 但她是美国公民 |
[09:54] | What are their demands? | 他们有什么要求 |
[09:56] | $30 million in cash… | 三千万美元的现金… |
[10:00] | or they will kill the hostages. | 否则他们会撕票 |
[10:18] | President Tejeda, I’m sorry that this crisis | 特赫达总统 很遗憾这次危机 |
[10:20] | has shortened the celebration for this | 缩短了我们庆祝这个开创性的 |
[10:22] | groundbreaking security agreement. | 安全协议的时间 |
[10:24] | It is very unfortunate. | 这真是太不幸了 |
[10:26] | Particularly in these few days before the election. | 尤其是在选举前的几天 |
[10:30] | Nevertheless, I must leave immediately | 不过 我必须马上离开 |
[10:32] | and deal with the situation. | 处理这个危机 |
[10:34] | We would be more than happy | 我们很愿意 |
[10:35] | to offer you the help of the FBI | 为你提供联邦调查局的帮助 |
[10:37] | to locate the hostages and aid in their rescue. | 以寻找人质和提供救援物资 |
[10:39] | But your aid would only | 但是你的援助 |
[10:40] | give my opponent more ammunition. | 只会给我的对手更多的弹药 |
[10:42] | Isn’t our main goal here to get the hostages freed? | 我们的主要目标不是解救人质吗 |
[10:47] | Surely, Fonseca couldn’t shame you for that. | 丰塞卡肯定不会用此事来为难你 |
[10:49] | I assure you he would. | 他肯定会的 |
[10:52] | If Secretary McCord was correct in estimating that | 如果国务卿麦考德 |
[10:55] | the release of our aid package ahead of schedule | 提前公布对我国的援助计划 |
[10:58] | could tip the election my way, | 可以在选举中帮助我的估计是正确的 |
[11:00] | sending the FBI would unfairly help Fonseca. | 联邦调查局的插手反而会帮助丰塞卡 |
[11:05] | And I don’t think any of us want that. | 我认为我们不希望这种情况出现 |
[11:07] | Of course, Madam President. | 当然 总统女士 |
[11:09] | We’ll, uh, have a team standing by | 我们会让一个小队随时待命 |
[11:12] | in case you change your mind. | 以防你改变主意 |
[11:13] | I assure you we can handle the situation | 我向你保证我们能处理好这种情况 |
[11:15] | and we will return your citizen very soon. | 我们很快就会归还美国公民 |
[11:18] | Now, I must go. | 现在 我必须走了 |
[11:19] | Thank you again, Mr. President. | 再次感谢您 总统先生 |
[11:25] | Madam President. | 总统女士 |
[11:31] | Well, that was frosty. | 她的态度好冷淡 |
[11:32] | She’s unhappy that I couldn’t | 她因为我不能提前 |
[11:34] | release their aid package early. | 公布援助计划而不悦 |
[11:35] | Oh, you think? | 你是这样想的吗 |
[11:37] | Well, it’s up to the two candidates to duke it out, | 就让两位候选人去一争高下吧 |
[11:41] | even if it means the good guy– | 即使这意味着好人 |
[11:42] | or in this case, woman– loses. | 在这种情况下是好女人 会输掉选举 |
[11:45] | Well, sure, | 当然 |
[11:45] | but Honduras is still the murder capital | 但洪都拉斯仍然是 |
[11:47] | of the Western Hemisphere. | 西半球的谋杀之都 |
[11:49] | If we leave this in the hands of their security forces, | 如果我们让他们的安全部队处理 |
[11:52] | there’s a good chance that American aid worker | 美国的援助人员很可能 |
[11:54] | comes home in a box. | 被装在棺材里回国 |
[11:55] | A small FBI team working a covert op | 谨慎起见 也许应该让一个联邦调查局小队 |
[11:58] | might be a prudent backup plan, sir. | 秘密行动以备不时之需 总统先生 |
[12:01] | Let’s get Deputy Director Sanchez in here, hmm? | 我们叫副局长桑切斯过来 好吗 |
[12:07] | – Hi. – Hi, Henry. | -你好 你好 亨利 |
[12:10] | I’m Frank, Piper’s dad | 我是弗兰克 派珀的爸爸 |
[12:12] | and sometimes driver/ personal assistant. | 有时也是她的司机兼私人助理 |
[12:15] | Good to meet you, Frank. | 很高兴见到你 弗兰克 |
[12:15] | And I know how you feel. | 我明白你的感受 |
[12:17] | Jason’s at debate practice. | 杰森正在参加辩论练习 |
[12:18] | Apparently, he needs this book | 显然 他一到家 |
[12:20] | immediately when he gets home. | 就需要这本书 |
[12:21] | Probably ’cause he, you know, | 可能是因为他总是 |
[12:22] | put off studying till the last minute. | 把学习推到最后一分钟 |
[12:23] | I wonder who they think is gonna do all this running around | 我想知道他们觉得他们上大学之后 |
[12:25] | after them when they get to college. | 谁还会为他们跑腿 |
[12:27] | Well, you know, eventually, | 总有一天 |
[12:28] | they’ll lose something important and get in trouble. | 他们会因为丢失重要的东西而陷入困境 |
[12:30] | That’s what we used to call a poor man’s education. | 这就是我们过去说的穷人教育 |
[12:32] | Yeah, but not at the colleges on Piper’s list. | 是啊 但派珀上的大学不会进行穷人教育的 |
[12:34] | All her lessons are gonna be expensive. | 她所有的课程都很贵 |
[12:37] | Listen, uh, | 听着 |
[12:38] | Regina mentioned that the parents of the perfect couple | 雷吉娜跟我说小情侣的父母 |
[12:39] | should get together sometime. | 应该找时间聚聚 |
[12:41] | Definitely. Uh, we’d love that. | 肯定的 我们很愿意 |
[12:43] | Great. Well, we’ll be in touch. | 太好了 我们再联系 |
[12:44] | Okay. Thanks again. Nice meeting you. | 好吧 再次感谢 很高兴认识你 |
[12:47] | – You know… – Yeah? | -要不然… -什么 |
[12:48] | Why don’t we, uh, | 要不咱们 |
[12:50] | just pick a date and pencil something in? | 现在就挑个日子吧 |
[12:52] | Great. Uh, how does tomorrow look? | 太好了 明天怎么样 |
[12:54] | Looks like we’re having dinner with you guys. | 明天我们一起吃晚饭 |
[12:56] | – See you later. – Thanks again. | -再见 -再次感谢 |
[13:08] | Mr. and Mrs. Pedilla, hi. I’m Jay Whitman. | 帕迪亚先生和太太 你们好 我是杰伊·惠特曼 |
[13:11] | Oh, we know. | 我们知道 |
[13:12] | You’re Secretary McCord’s chief of staff. | 你是国务卿麦科德的参谋长 |
[13:13] | We are so glad to have you help us get our daughter back. | 我们很高兴你会帮我们把女儿找回来 |
[13:16] | Yeah, I told Olivia not to go. | 是的 我叫奥利维娅不要去的 |
[13:18] | There’s a reason my family left Honduras. | 我们一家离开洪都拉斯是有原因的 |
[13:20] | But she wouldn’t listen. | 但她不听 |
[13:21] | She wants to change the world. | 她想改变世界 |
[13:23] | What would we do without people like Olivia? | 如果没有奥利维娅这样的人 我们该怎么办 |
[13:25] | Please, please. | 请坐 |
[13:27] | Well, first of all, I speak for the secretary | 首先 我代表国务卿 |
[13:29] | when I say how sorry we are for what’s happened. | 对所发生的事情深感遗憾 |
[13:32] | People who do the important work like your daughter | 像你女儿一样做重要工作的人 |
[13:34] | face challenges | 面临的挑战和危险 |
[13:35] | and dangers that… well, they aren’t for everyone, | 不是所有人都能承受的 |
[13:39] | and we need more like her. | 我们需要更多像她这样的人 |
[13:40] | How long does it typically take | 美国国务院一般 |
[13:42] | for the State Department to pay the ransom? | 需要多长时间支付赎金 |
[13:45] | Well, the thing is, the United States | 问题是 美国并不支付赎金 |
[13:46] | doesn’t do that, Mrs. Pedilla. | 帕迪亚太太 |
[13:49] | We have a strict policy of never paying for hostages. | 我们有严格的政策 从不为人质付钱 |
[13:52] | That’s the policy for terrorist groups. | 这是针对恐怖组织的政策 |
[13:53] | But this is a gang. | 但这是帮派行为 |
[13:54] | I’m sorry, but the policy is the same. | 我很抱歉 但政策是一样的 |
[13:57] | There’s no money for hostages. | 不会为赎回人质付钱的 |
[13:58] | Wha… | 那… |
[13:59] | But let me assure you | 但我向你保证 |
[14:00] | that your daughter’s whereabouts and ultimate release | 我们驻特古西加尔巴大使馆非常重视 |
[14:03] | are receiving the full focus of our embassy in Tegucigalpa, | 你们女儿的下落和最终释放 |
[14:05] | as well as that of the whole department | 此外整个国务院和其他机构 |
[14:08] | and other agencies. | 也是这样 |
[14:11] | We are exploring every option available to us. | 我们正在尽一切可能解决问题 |
[14:14] | Except the one that will get her released. | 除了支付赎金 |
[14:18] | I’m… I’m very sorry. | 我… 我很抱歉 |
[14:23] | Listen… | 听着… |
[14:48] | Mr. Whitman, we appreciate your fine sentiments | 惠特曼先生 我们感谢你的好意 |
[14:51] | and your fine Spanish, too, | 你的西班牙语也很好 |
[14:52] | but words don’t matter to the thugs who have our daughter. | 但对那些抓走我们女儿的暴徒来说 言语无关紧要 |
[14:54] | Only money does. | 他们只想要钱 |
[14:56] | And if you can’t spare that, | 如果不能给钱 |
[14:57] | then words are all you’re offering. | 一切都是空话 |
[15:01] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽空见我们 |
[15:03] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[15:10] | Don’t worry. Shh. It’s okay… | 别担心 没关系… |
[15:20] | How’s the Pedilla family? | 帕迪亚一家怎么样 |
[15:23] | Mrs. Pedilla left in tears. | 帕迪亚太太哭着走的 |
[15:28] | I tried to connect with them, but… | 我试着安慰他们 但是… |
[15:30] | I wound up making it all about me. | 我最终只是在说我自己的事 |
[15:32] | I completely failed. | 我完全失败了 |
[15:33] | At what, exactly? | 你做什么失败了 |
[15:35] | Reassuring them. | 我没能安抚他们 |
[15:37] | Olivia Pedilla chose to live and work | 奥利维娅·帕迪亚选择了在地球上 |
[15:39] | in one of the most dangerous places on Earth. | 最危险的地方之一生活和工作 |
[15:43] | We may not be able to save her. | 我们可能救不了她 |
[15:46] | You think there’s a good way to tell her parents that? | 你觉得有什么好方法告诉她父母这个消息吗 |
[15:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:53] | Look, Jay, you have been around here long enough | 杰伊 你在这里待得够久了 |
[15:57] | to know that this job is just one | 应该知道这份工作就是 |
[15:59] | impossible situation after another. | 处理一个又一个不可能处理的情况 |
[16:02] | Sometimes we can’t fix it; all we can do is take it. | 有时我们无法改变 就只能接受现状 |
[16:08] | I can take it, ma’am. | 我可以接受现状 国务卿 |
[16:10] | I know you can. | 我知道你可以 |
[16:11] | That’s why I hired you. | 这就是我雇你的原因 |
[16:14] | So go take a walk and clear your head. | 去散散步 清醒一下头脑 |
[16:16] | Because I’m not ready to throw the towel in on this, | 因为我还没打算放弃 |
[16:18] | – and I need your help, okay? – Will do. | -我需要你的帮助 好吗 -好的 |
[16:21] | – Thank you, ma’am. – Yep. | -谢谢您 国务卿 -没事 |
[16:25] | Stir-fry? | 你在炒菜吗 |
[16:26] | Yeah, it’s almost ready. | 是的 差不多好了 |
[16:28] | I am starving. | 我快饿死了 |
[16:31] | Or-or it’s ready now. Okay, here. | 做好了 我盛出来 |
[16:33] | Just… have it. | 吃吧 |
[16:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:36] | I’ve got good news and bad news. | 我有好消息和坏消息 |
[16:38] | Um, and I’m gonna tell you the bad news first. | 我先告诉你坏消息 |
[16:40] | So I don’t want you to freak out. | 所以我不想你抓狂 |
[16:42] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[16:43] | That never helps. | 这样做没用 |
[16:45] | I got a curt e-mail from the Rasmussens | 拉斯马森一家简短的回了我的邮件 |
[16:47] | saying that they’re “Booked solid” | 说他们接下来的几个月 |
[16:50] | for the next several months. | 都没有空 |
[16:51] | And they send the best to you and the kids, | 他们祝你和孩子们好 |
[16:53] | and they wish us well. | 祝我们都好 |
[16:59] | Well, did you grovel sufficiently? | 你的言辞足够恳切吗 |
[17:04] | Well, I apologized for our cancellations. | 我为我们之前取消见面而道歉 |
[17:07] | I took all the blame. | 一切都是我的错 |
[17:08] | I said we missed them and we were turning over a new leaf. | 我说我们想念他们 我们准备重新开始 |
[17:12] | But, babe, I think the Rasmussens have moved on. | 但是 我想拉斯马森一家已经不再是我们的朋友了 |
[17:16] | Moved on? | 什么 |
[17:18] | That’s crazy. | 这可不行 |
[17:20] | Moved on. They’re on our bookshelf. | 不再是朋友 我们把他们的照片放在书架上 |
[17:23] | Do you know how many non-relative people | 你知道我们的书架上 |
[17:26] | have made it to our photo collection on the bookshelf? | 放着多少非亲属的照片吗 |
[17:29] | Exactly two. | 只有两个 |
[17:30] | The Rasmussens. | 拉斯马森夫妇 |
[17:33] | Oh, Henry, we are terrible friends. | 亨利 我们不是称职的朋友 |
[17:36] | We-we just dropped the ball a little. | 我们只不过疏忽了一下下 |
[17:39] | And, plus, they’re really judgy. | 而且 他们真的很挑剔 |
[17:40] | – It’s like eight strikes, and you’re out. – Yeah. | -犯了点小错 你就出局了 -是呀 |
[17:43] | Who does that? | 太小器了 |
[17:44] | The good news is that | 好消息是 |
[17:46] | we have a second chance with another couple, | 我们和另一对夫妇还有第二次机会 |
[17:48] | the Boroumands. | 博鲁蒙夫妇 |
[17:49] | – Piper’s parents? – Yeah. | -派珀的父母吗 -是的 |
[17:50] | We’re having dinner with them tomorrow night. | 明晚我们一起吃晚饭 |
[17:54] | Not a weekend. | 不能定在周末吗 |
[17:55] | It’s our first date. We got to work up to it. | 这是我们第一次一起吃饭 我们得努力 |
[17:58] | Yeah, I guess. | 好 我想 |
[18:01] | Well, okay, this is good. Yeah. | 好吧 这很好 可以 |
[18:05] | They’re interesting people. | 他们是有趣的人 |
[18:06] | They’re aid workers, lived all over the world. | 他们是救援人员 曾经生活在世界各地 |
[18:10] | We got that in common, and our-our kids. | 我们有共同点 我们的孩子 |
[18:14] | Yeah, I am digging this relationship. | 是的 我要加深和他们的友谊 |
[18:17] | In fact, you know what, who are the Rasmussens? | 我早就把拉斯马森一家忘掉了 |
[18:20] | No, no. No way. No possible way. | 不 不可能 |
[18:22] | You guys can’t do this to me. | 你们不能这样对我 |
[18:24] | Guess who got a text from Piper. | 猜猜谁收到了派珀的短信 |
[18:26] | Hey. I’m serious. Okay? | 我是认真的 好吧 |
[18:28] | Out of everybody in D.C., | 华盛顿那么多人 |
[18:29] | you guys can’t hang out with Piper’s parents. | 你们就非得和派珀的父母一起玩吗 |
[18:31] | I just need you guys to swear to me | 你们得向我发誓 |
[18:33] | that you’re not gonna talk about us. | 你们不会谈论我们的 |
[18:35] | Okay? And-and no embarrassing stories. | 好吧 别讲尴尬的故事 |
[18:37] | So just… God, this is a nightmare. | 所以就… 天啊 这简直是噩梦 |
[18:44] | We turn to Honduras. | 我们转到洪都拉斯 |
[18:46] | …corrals the ball. | …拦住了球 |
[18:47] | – Wait, wait, wait. – Dribbles, sends it | -等等 -运球 传球 |
[18:48] | – into three-point territory. – Go back. Go back. | -送到三分区 -调回去 |
[18:50] | President Tejeda’s Secret Service | 特赫达总统的特勤人员 |
[18:51] | unleashed a violent crackdown on local gangs. | 对当地黑帮进行暴力镇压 |
[18:55] | Word is, the crackdown was spurred by the kidnapping | 官方称 这次打击行动是由于 |
[18:57] | of 15 aid workers, including one American. | 包括一名美国人在内的15名救援人员遭到绑架 |
[19:01] | A spokesperson for President Tejeda | 特赫达总统的发言人 |
[19:02] | says the president is enacting a widespread | 说总统正在实施一项 |
[19:05] | search-and-detain operation | 广泛的搜查抓捕行动 |
[19:06] | that will not end until all the hostages are freed | 直到所有人质获释 |
[19:10] | and their captors caught and executed. | 暴徒被逮捕和处决 |
[19:12] | Caught and executed? | 逮捕和处决 |
[19:15] | What happened to tried in a court of law? | 她不是应该进行庭审吗 |
[19:18] | Well, maybe it’s just hyperbole | 这也许只是为了 |
[19:20] | to put pressure on the FT-88. | 对FT-88施加压力 |
[19:22] | But if she pushes too hard, | 但如果她太用力 |
[19:24] | she could get those hostages killed. | 就有可能逼他们撕票 |
[19:33] | – Good morning, ma’am. – Oh, hey. | -早上好 国务卿 -你好 |
[19:36] | I was kind of hoping maybe you’d be Blake with a pastry. | 我本来期待着看到布莱克端着糕点站在这儿 |
[19:39] | No offense. | 别介意 |
[19:40] | So, what’s up? | 有什么事吗 |
[19:43] | There’s some interesting news on the hostage situation. | 关于人质事件有一些有趣的消息 |
[19:46] | It turns out that Olivia Pedilla’s father | 原来奥利维娅·佩特拉的父亲 |
[19:48] | manages a warehouse facility for Shelton Anderson. | 为谢尔顿·安德森管理一个仓库 |
[19:52] | The Shelton Anderson? | 著名的谢尔顿·安德森 |
[19:53] | The very one. | 就是他 |
[19:54] | He’s willing to pay the ransom personally | 他愿意亲自支付赎金 |
[19:56] | to get the hostages released. | 解救人质 |
[19:58] | Wow, it must be nice to be a billionaire. | 做个亿万富翁一定很棒 |
[20:01] | Well, I’m gonna have to talk to the FBI. | 我得跟联调局谈谈 |
[20:04] | But potentially good news, huh? | 但这算是个好消息 对吗 |
[20:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:08] | If the gang will hold up their end of the bargain. | 如果黑帮说话算话的话 |
[20:12] | Which they don’t always do. | 他们并不总是这样 |
[20:13] | You’ll have to do your best | 你必须尽力而为 |
[20:14] | to manage the Pedillas’ expectations. | 来达成帕迪亚一家的期望 |
[20:17] | And your own. | 和你自己的 |
[20:20] | Will do. | 好的 |
[20:26] | We just received this surveillance video from our team, | 我们刚刚收到我们团队的监控录像 |
[20:29] | who got it from a gas station | 是在特古西加尔巴的 |
[20:30] | in the Parque La Leona area of Tegucigalpa. | 帕克拉利昂娜地区的一个加油站拍到的 |
[20:33] | Oddly, the vans then traveled north. | 奇怪的是 面包车随后向北行驶 |
[20:35] | In the opposite direction of FT-88 territory. | 那是FT-88据点的相反方向 |
[20:39] | Well, could it be some kind of a head fake? | 好吧 这可能是障眼法吗 |
[20:41] | Maybe. We’re expanding our search. | 也许 我们正在扩大搜索范围 |
[20:43] | You know, FT-88 made a statement | 你知道 FT-88发表了一份声明 |
[20:45] | claiming they had nothing to do with the kidnapping. | 声称他们与绑架无关 |
[20:48] | They’re saying it must be some other gang. | 他们说一定是其他黑帮干的 |
[20:50] | It’s their way of reducing culpability | 这样如果其中一名人质意外身亡 |
[20:51] | in case one of the hostages is killed accidentally. | 他们就可以减少罪责 |
[20:54] | Anyway, the reason I stopped by– | 不管怎样 我来这里的原因是 |
[20:56] | Shelton Anderson, | 谢尔顿·安德森 |
[20:58] | he’s willing to pay the ransom demand personally. | 他愿意亲自支付赎金 |
[21:03] | Can he…? | 他能吗 |
[21:04] | He’s free to do that. | 他可以这么做 |
[21:06] | Recent legislation has | 最近的立法 |
[21:07] | made it possible for private individuals | 允许了个人支付赎金 |
[21:09] | to pay a ransom without fear of breaking the law. | 而不用担心触犯法律 |
[21:12] | We’re happy to facilitate, let’s just hope… | 我们很乐意帮忙 希望… |
[21:14] | Has anyone looked at | 有没有人看过 |
[21:15] | ISR satellite photos of Northern Honduras? | 洪都拉斯北部的ISR卫星照片 |
[21:18] | Most of it is government land. | 那里大部分是政府土地 |
[21:20] | So why are the bad guys heading | 那么 为什么坏人 |
[21:22] | straight for the good guys? | 要直奔好人而去呢 |
[21:24] | I’ll check it out. | 我去查一下 |
[21:26] | Thanks, Marguerite. Thanks for your time. | 谢谢你 玛格丽特 谢谢你的时间 |
[21:31] | – Oh, I-I… – Sure thing. | -我… -没问题 |
[21:35] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:37] | – Come on, babe. – I really, really wanted to be on time, | -过来 亲爱的 -我真的很想准时到的 |
[21:40] | at least for our first date. | 至少是第一次和你们吃饭 |
[21:41] | Don’t give it a second thought. | 别往心里去 |
[21:42] | – Oh, gosh. – I’m Frank. | -天哪 -我是弗兰克 |
[21:44] | – Frank. – Hi, Elizabeth. | -弗兰克 -你好 伊丽莎白 |
[21:45] | I’m Regina. I’m so glad that we’re getting together. | 我是雷吉娜 我很高兴我们能聚聚 |
[21:47] | Us, too. | 我们也是 |
[21:48] | – Really. – Oh, babe. | -真的 -天啊 |
[21:51] | Oh, no, no, no, no. Don’t. | 不 不要 |
[21:53] | Oh, my phone! I, I left my phone. | 我的手机 我忘带手机了 |
[21:56] | That’s so… | 这也太… |
[21:58] | Matt, thank you. This is Frank. | 马特 谢谢 这是弗兰克 |
[22:01] | And Matt is my DS agent, | 马特是我的安全护卫 |
[22:03] | and that’s so kind of you. I’m so… | 你真是太好了 我… |
[22:05] | Have a good dinner, ma’am. | 晚餐愉快 国务卿 |
[22:07] | Thank you. I never leave my phone. | 谢谢你 我从不忘带手机 |
[22:09] | I can’t believe it. That’s so embarrassing. | 真不敢相信 这太尴尬了 |
[22:10] | Normally, those guys just wait. | 正常情况下 他们只是等着 |
[22:12] | How funny, you never even know that they’re there, | 你根本不知道他们的存在 |
[22:14] | and then… | 然后… |
[22:14] | Thank you, that’d be perfect. | 谢谢你 太是时候了 |
[22:19] | We just love Piper, by the way. | 顺便说一句 我们非常喜欢派珀 |
[22:21] | What a doll. She’s… | 她好可爱 她… |
[22:22] | enlightened Jason to gender politics, which is… | 让杰森明白了性别政治 这… |
[22:27] | Yeah. I’m just relieved she has someone else to lecture. | 是的 她去教育别人 我就松了一口气 |
[22:30] | It’s so adorable. I mean, Piper is so type A | 他们在一起好可爱 派珀是A型人格 |
[22:32] | and Jason is so laid-back. | 杰森比较慢半拍 |
[22:34] | – Our Jason? Laid-back? – Wow. Well… | -我们的杰森吗 慢半拍 -其实… |
[22:37] | I have so many stories to dispute that… | 我有太多的例证来反驳你… |
[22:40] | …but I’ve been sworn to silence | 但我们慢半拍的儿子 |
[22:43] | by our laid-back son. Wow. | 让我发誓保持沉默 |
[22:46] | We’ve been threatened, too, | 我们也受到了威胁 |
[22:46] | so maybe we should just change the subjects. | 也许我们应该换个话题 |
[22:53] | I just have to ask you about the hostage crisis in Honduras. | 我想问一下洪都拉斯的人质危机 |
[22:56] | Those poor people and their families. | 那些可怜的人和他们的家人 |
[22:58] | Yeah. It’s-it’s very scary, | 是的 这是非常可怕的事件 |
[23:00] | but we’re working very hard | 但是我们正在非常努力地工作 |
[23:02] | to resolve it quickly and peacefully. | 争取迅速而平和地解决 |
[23:05] | Elizabeth is at dinner, Regina. | 伊丽莎白正在吃饭 雷吉娜 |
[23:07] | She doesn’t want to talk shop. | 她不想谈工作 |
[23:09] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 |
[23:10] | It’s just there isn’t much to talk about at this point. | 只是现在还没什么可谈的 |
[23:13] | That’s all. Really. | 就这样 真的 |
[23:17] | Anyway, just so you know, we have dined | 不管怎样 我们以前是和 |
[23:20] | with high-ranking government officials before. | 和政府高级官员一起吃过饭的 |
[23:23] | Oh, you so don’t need to tell that story. | 你不用讲那个故事 |
[23:24] | No. It’s good. So, uh, we were in Burkina Faso. | 不 很好笑的 我们那时住在布基纳法索 |
[23:29] | And, uh, the foreign minister | 外交部长 |
[23:31] | suggested that we come over to his house | 建议我们到他家去 |
[23:34] | and try fermented locust beans. | 尝尝发酵的刺槐豆 |
[23:37] | And I said “In!” | 我说”好呀” |
[23:38] | – Oh, no. – Exactly. | -不 -没错 |
[23:41] | Those beans were not Frank’s friend. | 那些豆子不是弗兰克的朋友 |
[23:43] | Eh, but the toilet in the guest bathroom was. | 但是我和客房厕所的马桶很亲密 |
[23:46] | For three hours. | 亲密了三个小时 |
[23:47] | In-in some cultures, that’s considered a compliment, | 在某些文化中 这被认为是一种赞美 |
[23:50] | like, burping after the meal. | 比如 饭后打嗝也是 |
[23:52] | – You’re making that up. – She so is. | -你编的吧 -没错 |
[23:55] | You never know. | 你猜不到的 |
[24:03] | Afia? | 阿菲亚吗 |
[24:04] | You made it. | 你来了 |
[24:06] | Why? Did my mother say I was unreliable? | 为什么这么问 我妈妈说我不可靠吗 |
[24:08] | Because I’m not. | 因为我的确不可靠 |
[24:09] | It’s just that sometimes I’m late to meet her | 只是有时候我去见她会迟到 |
[24:11] | because it’s not somewhere I really want to go. | 因为我并不真的想去见她 |
[24:13] | Which is not the case here. | 但我想见你 |
[24:15] | no, it’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[24:16] | I heard about the kidnapping in Honduras on the news | 我听说了洪都拉斯绑架案的消息 |
[24:18] | and I thought you might have to work. | 我还以为你得工作 |
[24:19] | No, I-I’m a speechwriter, | 不 我是一名撰稿人 |
[24:20] | so I’m sort of the caboose in any crisis. Clean-up detail. | 所以我在任何危机中都是善后人员 |
[24:24] | But in a way that’s vital and sexy. | 但在某种程度上 这是至关重要而且性感的工作 |
[24:32] | So, you want to talk about how awkward this is? | 你想谈谈相亲有多尴尬吗 |
[24:35] | Is this your first time? | 这是你第一次吗 |
[24:37] | I can honestly say | 我可以诚实地说 |
[24:38] | I’ve never had a woman ask me that before. | 从来没有一个女人问过我这个问题 |
[24:40] | But yes. | 但是 是的 |
[24:41] | So I’m assuming it’s not yours. | 这不是你的第一次相亲吧 |
[24:44] | What happened to the other guys? | 其他人都不合适吗 |
[24:46] | Didn’t quite work out, | 都不太合适 |
[24:47] | but my mother is running out of patience. | 但是我的母亲已经没有耐心了 |
[24:49] | Mine, too. | 我妈也是 |
[24:51] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[24:52] | Yeah? Why don’t we take a selfie | 是吗 我们拍张自拍 |
[24:54] | and send it to our moms so they don’t text us all night | 发给我们的妈妈们 这样她们就不会整晚发短信 |
[24:56] | to make sure we found each other? | 确保我们见上面了 |
[24:58] | So smart. Okay. | 聪明 好吧 |
[25:01] | Okay. Honestly, it probably won’t stop my mom. | 好吧 老实说 这可能并不会阻止我妈发短信 |
[25:05] | – Okay, I am sending this to you. – Great. | -好的 我把照片发给你 -好的 |
[25:10] | Let me ask you something. Did you, | 我问你个问题 你是不是为了讨好我 |
[25:12] | choose a three-hour doc on baseball to impress me? | 而选了一个三小时的棒球纪录片 |
[25:16] | Maybe. Do you like baseball? | 也许吧 你喜欢棒球吗 |
[25:19] | Less than sewing. | 我更喜欢缝纫 |
[25:21] | I don’t know anything about it either, | 我也完全不了解棒球 |
[25:22] | but maybe we could learn something. | 但是也许我们可以学到一些东西 |
[25:24] | Hey, I’m off the clock. | 我下班了 |
[25:25] | I got two words for you: Iron Man. | 我给你三个字 钢铁侠 |
[25:28] | I love those words. | 我喜欢这三个字 |
[25:29] | Oh, wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[25:32] | I know driving Piper around seems like a drag, | 我知道接送派珀看起来挺烦的 |
[25:34] | but you will miss it, believe me. | 但以后你会想念这段日子的 相信我 |
[25:36] | I knew so much more about Jason’s life when I was | 我做杰森的专职司机的时候 |
[25:39] | his full-time chauffeur, it was… | 对他的生活更加了解 |
[25:42] | I loved when she used to sit in the back with a friend | 我喜欢她以前和朋友坐在后座上 |
[25:43] | and forget I was there. | 忘了我也在车里 |
[25:45] | That’s how you learn everything. | 这样最能了解她的生活 |
[25:46] | I hate to sound the alarm bell, but we’re talking about them. | 我不想扫兴 但我们在谈论他们 |
[25:49] | I think it was unavoidable. | 我认为这个话题是不可避免的 |
[25:52] | Oh, hey, do you guys want to try | 你们想尝尝 |
[25:55] | these crazy delicious macarons | 法国外交部长送给我的 |
[25:59] | that the French foreign minister sends me? | 超美味的马卡龙吗 |
[26:01] | – That sounds wonderful. – Henry, will you give me a hand? | -太棒了 -亨利 帮我个忙好吗 |
[26:03] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[26:07] | That was too much, the foreign minister thing? | 那太过分了 外交部长的事 |
[26:11] | I think they were charmed. | 我觉得他们挺高兴的 |
[26:12] | Right? It is going well. Yeah. | 对吧 一切顺利 是的 |
[26:15] | Second location with the Boroumands. | 和博鲁蒙夫妇续摊接着聊 |
[26:17] | Take that, Rasmussens. | 看我们相处得多好 拉斯马森一家 |
[26:19] | Here, put ’em on a plate. | 来 把它们放在盘子里 |
[26:21] | The box is fine. It’s from France. | 这个盒子很好 这是来自法国的 |
[26:23] | Yeah, it’s folksy. | 是呀 真平易近人 |
[26:27] | Here you go. | 来了 |
[26:29] | Wait till you try these. | 快尝尝 |
[26:30] | Oh, um, somebody’s phone was ringing a lot | 你们在厨房的时候 |
[26:32] | when you were in the kitchen. | 电话一直响 |
[26:33] | That’s mine. I’ll be right back. | 那是我的手机 我马上就回来 |
[26:36] | – These look great. – So I have a question. | -这些看起来很好吃 -我有一个问题 |
[26:40] | Blake, hi. | 布莱克 |
[26:41] | Sorry to disturb, but Shelton Anderson is in town | 抱歉打扰一下 谢尔顿·安德森在华盛顿 |
[26:44] | and he wants to meet with you right away. | 他想马上和你见面 |
[26:46] | Okay, set it up. | 好的 定下来吧 |
[26:47] | First thing tomorrow morning. I’ll come in early, okay? | 明天早上第一件事就见他 我早点来 好吗 |
[26:49] | No, ma’am, he’s there now. | 不 国务卿 他已经到了 |
[26:53] | There… here? As in, : outside my house? | 到哪儿… 这里吗 我的房子外面 |
[26:57] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 国务卿 |
[26:58] | Hello, entitlement. | 好的 我同意见他 |
[27:00] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 国务卿 |
[27:01] | All right. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[27:04] | I shouldn’t, but maybe this one. | 我不应该 但我要尝尝这个 |
[27:06] | There’s this work thing that I have to… | 我有件工作上的事要立即… |
[27:11] | This guy is here and I just | 他已经到这里了 |
[27:12] | need to meet with him really quickly. I’m… | 我要和他快快的见一面 我… |
[27:13] | Oh, don’t worry, we have drinks and French macarons. | 别担心 我们有酒和法国马卡龙 |
[27:17] | We’ll be fine. | 我们会没事的 |
[27:17] | – No, we should go. – No. | -不 我们该走了 -不要 |
[27:19] | No, no, no. It’ll be really quick. I just… | 别 很快的 我只是… |
[27:21] | Take a minute, it’s not, it’s not a… | 只要一分钟 不是 不是… |
[27:23] | Come on, we’ll just take this stuff in the other room. | 来吧 我们挪到另一个房间去 |
[27:24] | This never happens. | 这是第一次 |
[27:26] | It happens all the time, just so you know. | 这种事其实经常发生 |
[27:32] | – Hi. – Well, this is a first. | -你好 -好吧 这还是第一次 |
[27:34] | Trying to give someone millions of dollars, | 我试图给某人数千万美元 |
[27:36] | and they won’t take it. | 而他们却不接受 |
[27:38] | Mr. Anderson, Elizabeth McCord. Welcome to our home. | 安德森先生 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 欢迎来到我们家 |
[27:41] | Yeah. Yeah, cute place. | 是的 你家不错 |
[27:44] | We like it. Thank you. Um… So what happened? | 我们喜欢它 谢谢你 发生了什么 |
[27:48] | You tried to pay the ransom… | 你试图支付赎金… |
[27:49] | The FBI put me in touch with some people in Honduras, | 联邦调查局让我和洪都拉斯的一些人联系 |
[27:52] | and we offered to pay the ransom money to FT-88, | 我们提出向FT-88支付赎金 |
[27:54] | but they had no way to accept the money. | 但是他们没有办法接受这笔钱 |
[27:56] | No routing numbers for banks. No bitcoin. Nothing. | 没有中转账户 比特币 什么都没有 |
[28:01] | Hell, they don’t even have Venmo. | 见鬼 他们连支付宝都没有 |
[28:03] | Well, that is peculiar. | 这是特殊情况 |
[28:05] | – Look, I’m trying to be the good guy here. – Yeah… | -我想帮忙的 -是的 |
[28:07] | But this is insane. | 但这太不合理了 |
[28:08] | You think you can help me get to the bottom of this? | 你认为你能帮我解决吗 |
[28:10] | – Uh, yes. Absolutely. – All right. Clock’s ticking. | -好的 一定 -好吧 赶紧的 |
[28:15] | I’ll get that. | 我会解决的 |
[28:19] | Guys, I am so sorry, | 伙计们 我很抱歉 |
[28:20] | but I’ve got to head back into the office to… | 但我得回办公室去… |
[28:24] | – What happened? – Well, they had to go. | -发生了什么事 -他们走了 |
[28:26] | Out the back door? | 从后门走的吗 |
[28:27] | Yeah, they didn’t want to disturb you. | 是的 他们不想打扰你 |
[28:29] | Well, were they upset? | 他们不高兴了吗 |
[28:31] | Not at all. It was just getting late. | 没有 只是有点晚了 |
[28:34] | They said to say thank you, they had a wonderful evening, | 他们说谢谢 他们度过了一个美好的夜晚 |
[28:36] | and we’ll do it again sometime. | 我们以后会再聚的 |
[28:37] | Sometime. Not soon? | 以后 不是很快吗 |
[28:40] | Soon. They definitely said “Soon.” | 很快 他们的原话是”很快” |
[28:43] | Do you have to go to the office? | 你一定要去办公室吗 |
[28:44] | Yeah, I just… | 是的 我只是… |
[28:46] | But that was good. We were fun, right? | 但这很好 我们是有趣的人 对吗 |
[28:48] | We skated a clean program. | 这个开头非常完美 |
[28:49] | We even got a ten from the Russian judge. | 俄罗斯的裁判都要给我们打十分 |
[28:50] | Okay, that’s too far. | 好了 这太过了 |
[28:52] | – Go. – Right. | -走吧 -好 |
[28:54] | A ruthless, cut-throat gang | 一个无情残酷的黑帮 |
[28:57] | kidnaps a group of aid workers. | 绑架了一群救援人员 |
[29:01] | Not unusual. | 这并不奇怪 |
[29:02] | One turns out to be American, also not unusual. | 其中一个是美国人 也不奇怪 |
[29:04] | But then they take off with the hostages | 但是之后他们带着人质去了 |
[29:06] | in the opposite direction of their own turf. | 与他们自己的地盘的相反方向 |
[29:09] | That is unusual. Also, “Turf”? | 这就奇怪了 此外 “地盘” |
[29:13] | Isn’t that what they call it? | 他们不这么叫吗 |
[29:14] | In West Side Story. | 在《西区故事》里才这么叫 |
[29:17] | Anyway, they demand a ransom, | 不管怎样 他们要求赎金 |
[29:19] | but then have no way for the ransom | 但是却没有办法 |
[29:21] | to be delivered to them. | 收到赎金 |
[29:22] | Very unusual. | 很奇怪 |
[29:24] | And if they’re not all that eager to get $30 million, | 如果他们不那么渴望得到三千万美元 |
[29:29] | – it’s not about the money. – Exactly. | -那这就不是钱的问题 -没错 |
[29:31] | Ma’am. Sorry. Marguerite Sanchez is here to see you. | 国务卿 不好意思 玛格丽特·桑切斯要见你 |
[29:33] | Yeah, send her in, please. | 是的 让她进来 |
[29:35] | Marguerite, hey. | 玛格丽特 你好 |
[29:37] | – You’re here late. – Yes, Madam Secretary. | -你这么晚还在工作 -是的 国务卿女士 |
[29:39] | You suggested checking the northern part of Honduras, | 你建议我们查看洪都拉斯北部 |
[29:42] | where the vans appeared to be headed. | 那些面包车的目的地 |
[29:43] | Turns out the hostages are being held | 我们发现人质被扣押在 |
[29:45] | on government land, an operational military base, no less. | 在政府土地上的一个军事基地里 |
[29:49] | FT-88 took over a military base? | FT-88占领了一个军事基地 |
[29:52] | From the satellite photos it appears | 从卫星照片来看 |
[29:53] | President Tejeda’s Secret Service | 特赫达总统的特勤人员 |
[29:55] | are in control of the base, | 控制着基地 |
[29:56] | and thus the hostages. | 因此人质也在他们手上 |
[29:57] | There’s no sign of FT-88 at all? | 完全没有FT-88的迹象吗 |
[30:01] | None. | 完全没有 |
[30:03] | Tejeda kidnapped her own people… | 特赫达总统绑架了她自己的人民 |
[30:07] | so then she could be the hero who rescued them. | 所以她可以成为拯救他们的英雄 |
[30:11] | This whole thing is a setup. | 这整件事是个阴谋 |
[30:23] | Well, don’t bother denying, Madam President. | 好吧 总统女士 不要否认 |
[30:25] | We have satellite photos | 我们有你的特勤人员保卫的 |
[30:27] | of your own Secret Service guarding the military base | 军事基地的卫星照片 |
[30:31] | where the hostages are being held. | 那是人质被扣留的地点 |
[30:33] | I believe it was a rogue group | 我相信这是我手下 |
[30:35] | of my officers acting on their own. | 一些不良官员的个人行为 |
[30:37] | More like a plan you hatched to look tough on crime | 更像一个让你看起来在犯罪问题上很强硬 |
[30:39] | to help you win the election, but that doesn’t matter now. | 从而帮你赢得选举的计划 但这无关紧要 |
[30:42] | What matters is that your forces have those hostages, | 重要的是这些人质在你的手上 |
[30:45] | including our citizen, Olivia Pedilla. | 包括我们的公民奥利维娅·帕迪亚 |
[30:48] | Maybe it’s time for the Honduran people | 也许现在是让洪都拉斯人民知道 |
[30:49] | to know what desperate lengths their president | 他们的总统是多么迫切地 |
[30:51] | will go to to retain power. | 保住权力的时候了 |
[30:53] | This is all pure speculation, Mr. President. | 总统先生 这纯属猜测 |
[30:55] | But even if it were true, | 但即使这是真的 |
[30:57] | I believe it would be unwise to take such an action. | 我认为采取这样的行动是不明智的 |
[31:00] | And why is that? | 这是为什么呢 |
[31:01] | Because you will not just be putting your thumb | 因为你不仅仅会影响 |
[31:03] | on the scale of the election. | 选举的天平 |
[31:05] | You will be handing the victory to Maynor Fonseca. | 你还将把胜利拱手送给梅诺·丰塞卡 |
[31:08] | So now tampering with the election is a bad thing? | 现在插手选举又成了坏事吗 |
[31:12] | Are you the same woman I met four years ago | 你还是我四年前遇到的那个女人吗 |
[31:15] | who nothing more than to improve | 一心只想要改善 |
[31:17] | the lives of the Honduran people? | 洪都拉斯人民的生活 |
[31:19] | Your country’s history in Honduras has made it impossible | 贵国在洪都拉斯的作为 |
[31:22] | for anyone’s hands to stay clean here. | 使得任何人都无法两袖清风 |
[31:24] | Enough. | 足够了 |
[31:25] | This isn’t a chance to justify yourself, | 这不是为自己辩护的时候 |
[31:27] | and this isn’t a negotiation. | 这也不是谈判 |
[31:29] | The United States demands that | 美国要求你们 |
[31:31] | you release all hostages immediately, | 立即释放所有人质 |
[31:33] | and that Olivia Pedilla be delivered | 并将奥利维娅·帕迪亚送去 |
[31:35] | to the United States embassy in Tegucigalpa. | 去美国驻特古西加尔巴大使馆 |
[31:38] | If Olivia doesn’t pass through the embassy gates | 如果奥利维娅不能在六小时内 |
[31:40] | within six hours, | 通过使馆大门 |
[31:41] | the consequences will be swift and dire. | 其后果将是迅速而可怕的 |
[31:44] | Do you understand? | 你明白吗 |
[31:47] | Six hours, Madam President. | 六个小时 总统女士 |
[31:52] | Oh, I thought you were a true fan, okay. | 我还以为你是个真正的粉丝呢 |
[31:54] | A true fan would’ve known. | 一个真正的粉丝会知道的 |
[31:56] | That the new Iron Man is, what, 12 years old? | 那个新来的钢铁侠才多大 十二岁吗 |
[31:58] | Uh, he just turned 18. | 他刚满18岁 |
[32:00] | I mean, I heard someone in the theater say that. | 我是说 我在剧院听到有人这样说 |
[32:03] | See, this, this is why I hate prequels. | 看 这就是我讨厌前传的原因 |
[32:06] | I’m staring at those muscles, | 我盯着那些肌肉不停看 |
[32:07] | and then I look up at his face and he looks like a little boy. | 抬头却看到他的脸像个小男孩 |
[32:10] | So, you’re upset that you weren’t sexually attracted | 所以 你因为自己没有被钢铁侠宝宝 |
[32:13] | to baby Iron Man? | 吸引到而感到沮丧 |
[32:18] | – Oh, no. – What? | -哦 不 -什么 |
[32:20] | Just, um, a guy that I used to date… | 只是 一个我以前约会过的人… |
[32:24] | for a long time. | 我们在一起了很久 |
[32:26] | So an ex-boyfriend? | 前男友 |
[32:28] | Oh, that cannot be a guy your mom set you up with. | 那不可能是你妈妈给你安排的 |
[32:34] | Hey, how afraid should I be? | 我应该害怕吗 |
[32:35] | I have no idea why he’s here. | 我不知道他为什么在这里 |
[32:37] | Okay, great. | 好吧 |
[32:41] | – I’m Ryan. – Okay. | -我是瑞安 -好 |
[32:42] | I’m Afia’s ex-fiancé. | 我是阿菲亚的前未婚夫 |
[32:44] | You have to be kidding. We were never engaged. | 你在开玩笑吧 我们从来没有订过婚 |
[32:47] | You wouldn’t even say the word. | 你连这个词都不想说 |
[32:48] | We talked about marriage. | 我们谈论过结婚 |
[32:49] | I talked about marriage. | 我谈论过结婚 |
[32:51] | You kept saying how we didn’t need | 你一直在说我们不需要 |
[32:52] | to label and define everything. | 这么仪式化的东西 |
[32:53] | You hid me from your family | 我们在一起的八个月 |
[32:54] | for the eight months that we were together. | 你都没告诉你的父母 |
[32:56] | I had to be totally silent every single time | 你母亲每次打来电话 |
[32:57] | that your mother called so she wouldn’t hear my voice. | 我必须都保持沉默 让她听不见我的声音 |
[32:59] | It was kind of difficult to figure out | 很难想象我们这样 |
[33:01] | how that was gonna work for, you know, a lifetime. | 如何过一辈子 |
[33:04] | But I get it. | 但我明白 |
[33:05] | You’re the “Right guy”– you’re Pakistani. | 你是那个”对的人” 你是巴基斯坦人 |
[33:07] | I’m half Pakistani. | 我是半个巴基斯坦人 |
[33:08] | I think my mother saw that as a compromise. | 我想我母亲认为这是一种妥协 |
[33:10] | I’m the compromise? | 我是个妥协吗 |
[33:11] | Wow. Look, man, | 是这样的 |
[33:12] | I didn’t mean to come up on you like this. | 我不是故意要这样突然出现的 |
[33:14] | I’m not a stalker or anything. | 我不是跟踪狂 |
[33:15] | I just had to see the guy | 我只是想看看那个 |
[33:17] | that Afia wouldn’t be ashamed to love. | 让阿菲亚不会为爱而羞愧的男人 |
[33:20] | Come on. This is a first date. | 来吧 这只是第一次约会 |
[33:22] | Nobody’s talking love. | 还没到爱的程度 |
[33:23] | Unless this is going better than I thought. | 除非这约会的进展比我想象的要好 |
[33:25] | Ryan, how can you show up like this | 瑞恩 你怎么能这样出现 |
[33:27] | when you were the one who didn’t even want to talk | 当初是你根本不想 |
[33:29] | about our relationship? | 谈论我们的关系的人 |
[33:30] | I was waiting for you to take the leap. | 我正等着你做出表示 |
[33:32] | I wanted you to choose me over them. | 我想让你选择我而不是他们 |
[33:35] | I… Isn’t that how this is supposed to work? | 我… 这难道不应该是这样的吗 |
[33:38] | But I see it’s a lot easier for you just to move on, so… | 但是我明白你要翻篇会容易得多 所以… |
[33:40] | Move on? | 翻篇 |
[33:41] | I can’t even listen to the radio. | 我连收音机都没法听 |
[33:43] | Every song reminds me of you. | 每一首歌都让我想起你 |
[33:46] | I can’t even go to Adams Morgan | 我不能去亚当斯摩根区 |
[33:48] | and walk by our favorite places. | 走过我们最喜欢的地方 |
[33:49] | You weren’t too upset to come out tonight. | 你并没有生气到今晚不出来约会 |
[33:51] | It’s Georgetown. | 这是乔治城 |
[33:53] | We never came here. | 我们从没来过这里 |
[33:56] | Don’t you get it, you idiot? | 你不明白吗 你这个白痴 |
[33:58] | You broke my heart. | 你伤了我的心 |
[34:07] | Look, man, I’m… sorry. | 听着 我… 对不起 |
[34:09] | I didn’t mean to derail your night. | 我不是故意要破坏你的夜晚 |
[34:12] | I’ll get out of here. | 我要走了 |
[34:16] | We are outside the United States embassy | 我们在美国大使馆外面 |
[34:18] | as U.S. aid worker Olivia Pedilla is finally freed | 当美国救援人员奥利维娅·帕迪亚 |
[34:22] | after being kidnapped and held for ransom | 被黑帮FT-88成员绑架和索取赎金后 |
[34:24] | by gang members of FT-88. | 终于获释 |
[34:26] | – Mommy! – Olivia! | -妈妈 -奥利维娅 |
[34:30] | You did good getting the Pedillas there so quickly. | 你这么快就搞定了帕迪亚一家 |
[34:33] | Nadine would be very proud. | 纳丁会非常自豪的 |
[34:36] | Her parents have traveled here from the United States | 她的父母从美国来到这里 |
[34:38] | to bring their daughter home. | 把他们的女儿带回家 |
[34:39] | Let’s go now to President… | 我们现在去看看总统… |
[34:41] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[34:42] | There’s President Tejeda. | 特赫达总统出现了 |
[34:43] | This should be good. | 这应该不错 |
[34:47] | I am pleased to announce that after | 我很高兴地宣布 |
[34:49] | an extensive and exhaustive crackdown on gang members, | 对黑帮成员进行广泛而彻底的打击之后 |
[34:53] | we were able to locate the whereabouts | 我们找到了十五名被扣为人质的 |
[34:55] | of the 15 selfless aid workers being held hostage. | 无私援助工作者的所在地 |
[34:59] | I personally spoke to the leader of FT-88, | 我亲自和FT-88的领导人谈过 |
[35:04] | and when he tried to reason with me, | 当他试图向我辩解的时候 |
[35:06] | I stopped him and I said, | 我阻止了他 我说 |
[35:08] | “This is not a chance “To justify yourself. | “这不是一个为你的行为辩护的时候” |
[35:11] | This is not a negotiation. | “这不是谈判” |
[35:12] | I want those hostages released now.” | “我要求马上释放那些人质” |
[35:18] | Can you believe the nerve of that woman? | 你能相信那个女人有多大胆吗 |
[35:20] | More and more by the minute. | 越来越相信了 |
[35:22] | Question is, can we work with her? | 问题是 我们能和她合作吗 |
[35:23] | Sure as hell beats the alternative. | 她再怎么都不会差过她的对手 |
[35:25] | Isn’t that for the Honduran people to decide? | 这难道不应由洪都拉斯人民的决定吗 |
[35:28] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[35:29] | You think we should out her to her constituents? | 你认为我们应该向她的选民公开她的行径吗 |
[35:31] | Talk about putting your thumb on the scale. | 这是在操纵选举 |
[35:34] | She’d be toast after that. | 那样做她就完了 |
[35:35] | Or maybe she’d find a way to explain it, | 或许她会找到解释的方法 |
[35:39] | or to justify it. | 或者为自己辩护 |
[35:40] | Let’s game out a Maynor Fonseca presidency, shall we? | 我们来估计一下梅诺·丰塞卡当选后的情景 |
[35:44] | Honduras quickly turns away from the U.S. | 洪都拉斯很快就背离了美国 |
[35:47] | Democratic norms erode further, | 民主规范进一步瓦解 |
[35:50] | thanks to Fonseca’s authoritarian tendencies, | 由于丰塞卡的独裁主义倾向 |
[35:53] | which, in turn, causes thousands of people to flee north | 又会导致成千上万的人逃离北方 |
[35:56] | to the U.S. | 来到美国 |
[35:58] | Which is exactly what we’re trying to stop. | 这正是我们想要阻止的 |
[36:00] | I’m just not sure that President Tejeda is any better. | 我只是不确定特赫达总统会好到哪儿去 |
[36:03] | I mean, this stunt of hers clearly exposes her | 我的意思是 她这一手显然表明 |
[36:07] | to be a less than reliable and stable leader. | 她不是一个可靠和稳定的领导者 |
[36:12] | Which reminds me, if she loses, | 这提醒了我 如果她输了 |
[36:14] | you can kiss that | 你可以跟那个 |
[36:15] | Central American Security Agreement good-bye. | 中美洲安全协议吻别了 |
[36:17] | Up until now, President Tejeda’s been a good leader | 到目前为止 特赫达总统一直是个好领导 |
[36:20] | and a reliable ally for the U.S. | 一个美国的可靠盟友 |
[36:22] | Eh, that’s got to count for something. | 这是有价值的 |
[36:24] | And if an American hadn’t been kidnapped, maybe it would. | 如果一个美国人没有被绑架 也许有价值 |
[36:27] | But we know what happened | 但我们知道背后的黑幕 |
[36:30] | and if we don’t tell the truth, then it’s a cover-up. | 如果我们不说真话 那就是掩饰 |
[36:34] | You say cover-up, I say classified. | 你说是掩饰 我说是机密 |
[36:36] | – That’s a stretch. – I’m nimble. | -这是狡辩 -我很灵活 |
[36:38] | It’s going to get out. | 事实总会暴露的 |
[36:40] | And why should we risk taking a bullet for her? | 为什么我们要冒险为她挨枪子呢 |
[36:43] | ‘Cause we’ve got her under our thumb now. | 因为我们现在已经把她控制住了 |
[36:46] | Better the devil you know | 你了解的魔鬼 |
[36:47] | than the devil you don’t. | 好过不了解的魔鬼 |
[36:58] | Ma’am, I don’t mean to overstep, | 女士 我不想逾越权限 |
[37:00] | but I think this is a mistake. | 但我认为这是一个错误 |
[37:05] | She kidnapped people | 她绑架自己的人民 |
[37:07] | so that she could pretend to free them and win an election. | 这样她就可以假装解放他们 赢得选举 |
[37:11] | The people deserve to know. | 人民应该知道真相 |
[37:13] | Even if they end up | 即使他们最终沦落到 |
[37:14] | with an authoritarian, know-nothing soccer player | 一个无知的独裁足球运动员 |
[37:16] | as their president? | 来当他们的总统吗 |
[37:18] | Even then. | 即使是这样 |
[37:21] | “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb | “民主是两只狼和一只羔羊” |
[37:25] | “Voting on what to have for lunch. | “就午餐吃什么而投票” |
[37:28] | Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” | “自由是一只全副武装的小羊在对抗投票结果” |
[37:32] | Benjamin Franklin. | 本杰明·富兰克林说的 |
[37:35] | A good quipper. | 好精辟 |
[37:36] | And only the truth can give the lamb a fighting chance. | 只有真理才能给羔羊一个战斗的机会 |
[37:40] | Correct. | 没错 |
[37:42] | – They’re ready. – Okay. | -他们都准备好了 -好 |
[37:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:56] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[37:59] | Unfortunately, I am here this morning | 不幸的是 今天早上 |
[38:01] | to reveal some disturbing information | 我要揭示一些令人不安的 |
[38:03] | that has recently come to light | 关于最近发生的 |
[38:05] | during the Honduran hostage situation. | 洪都拉斯人质事件的消息 |
[38:08] | Early intelligence had indicated | 早先的情报显示 |
[38:10] | that the captured aid workers had been taken by FT-88. | 被绑架的救援人员是被FT-88带走的 |
[38:15] | We have now learned that it was | 我们现在发现 |
[38:16] | President Tejeda’s own Secret Service | 是特赫达总统自己的特勤部门 |
[38:19] | that carried out the crime at her direction. | 在她的授意下实施了这一犯罪行为 |
[38:22] | That’s all we are able to tell you right now, | 我们现在所能公布的就这些 |
[38:24] | so, unfortunately, | 所以 不幸的是 |
[38:25] | I’m not going to be able to take any questions. | 我不会回答任何问题 |
[38:27] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你们的到场 |
[38:30] | Well, there goes Honduras for another generation. | 洪都拉斯的局面又要持续一代人的时间了 |
[38:34] | Maybe the new Honduran president won’t be so bad. | 也许新的洪都拉斯总统不会那么糟糕 |
[38:36] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[38:36] | A man with no political experience, who hates the U.S. | 一个没有政治经验 讨厌美国的人 |
[38:39] | What could go wrong? | 会出什么问题呢 |
[38:41] | Speaking of things going wrong, how was your date? | 说到出错 你的约会怎么样 |
[38:43] | Okay, I’m out. | 好吧 我走了 |
[38:45] | It was fine until her boyfriend showed up. | 一切都很好 直到她的男朋友出现 |
[38:47] | – Seriously? – Wait, what? | -什么 -等等 什么 |
[38:49] | Yeah, you’re gonna want in on this. | 你会想要听的 |
[38:50] | This is the date that their Pakistani parents | 这是他们的巴基斯坦父母 |
[38:52] | set them up on. | 给他们定的相亲 |
[38:53] | What happened to Ronnie Baker? | 那罗尼·贝克呢 |
[38:54] | They broke up because she’s moving away. | 他们分手了 因为她要搬走了 |
[38:55] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[38:56] | So this guy, Ryan, was white, surfer brah white, okay? | 这家伙瑞安 是白人 那种冲浪的帅小伙 |
[39:01] | And Afia’s family was not down with that. | 而阿菲亚的家人对此并不认同 |
[39:03] | So, because Afia was hiding Ryan from her family, | 所以 因为阿菲亚向自己的家人隐瞒了瑞恩 |
[39:06] | he was unwilling to commit. | 他不愿意作出承诺 |
[39:08] | You can’t try the long distance thing? | 你们就不能试试异地恋吗 |
[39:09] | Shh. We moved past that. | 嘘 这个话题已经过去了 |
[39:10] | – Continue. – She was like, | -继续说 -她说 |
[39:12] | “You wouldn’t commit,” | “你不愿意承诺” |
[39:13] | and he was like, “You wouldn’t fight for me,” | 他说 “你不愿为我而反抗” |
[39:14] | and she was like, “You broke my heart.” | 她说 “你伤了我的心” |
[39:16] | Starts sobbing. | 开始啜泣 |
[39:17] | So I sit them both down | 所以我让他们都坐下 |
[39:19] | and give them a good talking-to | 好好给他们上了一课 |
[39:20] | about how they’re missing the point. | 告诉他们 他们没说到点子上 |
[39:22] | – You did? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[39:23] | ‘Cause it was crystal clear. | 因为很明显 |
[39:25] | They were in love | 他们相爱 |
[39:26] | and if they didn’t take a good, hard look at that, | 如果他们不好好交流一下 |
[39:28] | they could be losing something | 他们可能会失去一些 |
[39:29] | that they might never find again. | 再也找不回来的东西 |
[39:31] | I mean, with matters of the heart, | 感情这事 |
[39:35] | it’s all about risk. | 其实是个风险问题 |
[39:40] | Do you hear yourself? | 你知道自己在说什么吗 |
[39:42] | What? | 什么 |
[39:45] | Okay, now I’m out. | 好的 我要走了 |
[39:52] | Wait! | 等等 |
[39:53] | Hey, wait! | 等等 |
[39:54] | Just wa… | 等… |
[39:57] | Hey, what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[39:58] | Just… just hold on a second. | 等一下 |
[40:01] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[40:04] | I will be. | 我会没事的 |
[40:04] | Just, yeah… give me a minute. | 是的… 给我一分钟 |
[40:07] | Look, I’m sorry, but I’ve got to catch a flight. | 我很抱歉 但我得赶飞机 |
[40:09] | Okay. Uh… just l-listen. | 好吧 听着 |
[40:12] | I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[40:15] | And I know, uh, I said we should be adult and… | 我知道 我说过我们应该是成年人… |
[40:19] | Clear-eyed and level-headed. | 头脑清晰的而冷静的成年人 |
[40:21] | Right. | 没错 |
[40:22] | Everybody thinks you’re a dreamer, | 每个人都认为你是一个梦想家 |
[40:23] | but you’re really a pragmatist… | 但你其实是个实用主义者… |
[40:25] | Okay, we don’t have to go through the whole thing. | 好吧 我们不需要从头到尾讲一遍 |
[40:27] | Something happened | 发生了一件事 |
[40:29] | that made me realize | 让我意识到 |
[40:31] | I’m an idiot. | 我是一个白痴 |
[40:33] | I mean, every relationship is challenged by something. | 我的意思是 每一段感情都有它的约束 |
[40:36] | And-and long distance isn’t the end of the world. | 而且 两地分离并不是世界末日 |
[40:39] | I mean, people do make it work. | 我的意思是 有的人能够熬过异地恋 |
[40:42] | I think I was just trying to protect myself | 我想我只是想保护自己 |
[40:44] | from getting hurt, which is dumb, | 不想受伤 这很愚蠢 |
[40:47] | because caring about someone enough | 因为冒着受伤的危险 |
[40:50] | to risk getting hurt is, like, | 去关心一个人 |
[40:53] | the best thing in the world. | 是世界上最好的事 |
[40:57] | Captain Ronnie Baker, | 罗尼·贝克上尉 |
[41:00] | I want to take a chance | 我想碰碰运气 |
[41:02] | on getting my heart hammered with you. | 让我的心为你成为碎片 |
[41:06] | Do you have any interest in that at all? | 你对此有兴趣吗 |
[41:20] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[41:29] | Hey, careful driving, guy! | 小心驾驶 伙计 |
[41:32] | That’s my girlfriend! | 你拉的是我女朋友 |
[41:35] | I think they’ll want to hang out with us again, right? | 我想他们会想再和我们一起玩的 对吧 |
[41:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:39] | Soon, they said. | 他们说了 “很快” |
[41:41] | I mean, interrupting the evening for a work thing, | 为了工作而无法继续交谈 |
[41:44] | that’s not the same as canceling. | 这和取消见面是不一样的 |
[41:46] | Interrupting at the second location. | 而且事发在第二地点 |
[41:49] | – That’s right. – Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[41:50] | Look, our lives are going to be what they are | 我们的生活就是这样 |
[41:52] | and our friends are just gonna have to understand. | 我们的朋友们需要理解 |
[41:54] | And we’re gonna have to, you know, | 而我们也必须 |
[41:56] | make a little extra effort. | 做一点额外的努力 |
[41:57] | Right. | 是的 |
[42:00] | Did you get the really good cheese? | 你买的是真正的好奶酪吗 |
[42:02] | The one I told you about? | 我跟你说过的那个吗 |
[42:03] | Triple cream. | 三重奶油 |
[42:14] | – Dolly, hi. – Hi. | -多莉 你好 -你好 |
[42:16] | Happy… We missed your birthday, | 生日… 我们错过了你的生日 |
[42:17] | so we thought… We were in the neighborhood. | 所以我们想… 我们就在附近 |
[42:19] | …we would… Happy… | …我们就… 快乐… |
[42:21] | – We have… – Hi, John. | -我们带来了… -你好 约翰 |
[42:22] | – …A lot of… John. Hi. – Well, | – …很多… 约翰 你好 -话说 |
[42:24] | this is a surprise. | 这真是个惊喜 |
[42:26] | Here. | 给你 |
[42:31] | Well, enjoy th… that… | 好吧 好好享受…里面的… |
[42:33] | Get in here, you two. | 快进来 你们俩 |
[42:36] | Okay. | 好的 |