时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 墨西哥 萨萨比 靠近亚利桑那州边界 | |
[00:12] | Mama… | 妈妈… |
[00:34] | America! | 美国 |
[00:47] | Sí, Mama. | 好的 妈妈 |
[00:48] | I need to see your ID, ma’am. | 请出示你的证件 女士 |
[00:56] | Asylum? | 避难 |
[01:15] | Daniel? | 丹尼尔 |
[04:09] | One, two, three, four. | 一 二 三 四 |
[04:11] | No– babe, there’s no four. | 不对 亲爱的 没有四 |
[04:12] | There’s always a four. | 当然有四了 |
[04:14] | – Stop counting. Just feel it. – I can’t stop counting. | -别数了 用心去体会 -我没法不数 |
[04:18] | I’m a numbers person. | 我对数字很敏感 |
[04:19] | Math major, so… | 学数学的 |
[04:22] | – One… – Tango is not math. | -一… -探戈可不是算术 |
[04:25] | It’s sex. | 是性感的 |
[04:27] | Well, I appreciate that, | 说得真妙 |
[04:29] | but right now, this feels like math. | 可是眼下 我觉得就是算术 |
[04:32] | No, no, no. | 不 不 |
[04:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:35] | Put your hands on my hips. | 把你的手放我屁股上 |
[04:38] | I don’t bite. | 我不咬人 |
[04:41] | One… | 一… |
[04:52] | This one understands. | 这一位领会了 |
[04:55] | Ah, well, maybe you should dance with | 也许在典礼上你应该和 |
[04:58] | Esmeralda at the ceremony. | 埃斯梅拉达一起跳舞 |
[05:00] | What ceremony? | 什么典礼 |
[05:03] | We’re renewing our vows. | 我们要重新搞个结婚宣誓 |
[05:04] | Ah. This is an American thing. | 哦 你们美国人搞的那套 |
[05:07] | – Well… – Why do you do these things? | -那个… -你们为什么要做呢 |
[05:10] | Well, we never really got the wedding we wanted. | 我们没能按自己的心愿来举行婚礼 |
[05:12] | I was about to deploy to the Marines and, uh, | 当时我要被派到陆战队了 而且呢 |
[05:15] | well, uh– can-can we take a water break? | 我们休息一下好吗 |
[05:18] | – Yes. – ?Okay. | -可以 -好的 |
[05:19] | Great, hey– yeah, we just sort of rushed it a little. | 我们当时有点赶 |
[05:21] | – We didn’t get exactly what we wanted. – Well… | -我们没能按我们的想法 -那个… |
[05:24] | I wanted a church wedding, | 我想要在教堂办婚礼 |
[05:25] | I wanted the dress | 我想要婚纱啊 |
[05:27] | – and my bridesmaids and the… – I know, the veil… Yeah, | -伴娘啊还有… -我知道 头纱 |
[05:30] | and I wanted the first dance to be a tango. | 第一支舞我想要探戈 |
[05:32] | And I wanted it to be “Baby, I Love Your Way,” | 伴奏我想要[宝贝 我爱你的样子] |
[05:35] | because that’s the best song ever, | 因为这是最好听的歌了 |
[05:36] | but, oh, anyway, we didn’t get any of that. | 可是呢 所有这些我们都没赶上 |
[05:40] | What we got was a cranky judge at city hall. | 我们赶上的是市政厅一个臊眉耷眼的法官 |
[05:43] | And 126 years… | 还有一百二十六年的 |
[05:44] | …of wedded bliss. | 婚礼祝福 |
[05:46] | – We did get that, and three lovely kids. – Mm-hmm. | -对 我们还有了三个可爱的孩子 -嗯 |
[05:49] | Aw, so when is the big day? | 好日子定在那天 |
[05:51] | Well, the day we picked actually has a lot of significance. | 我们选的日子实际上特别有意义 |
[05:54] | The-the hour and the minute we picked has significance, too. | 就连我们选的小时和分钟都有意义 |
[05:56] | Because it was the minute that we both knew, simultaneously, | 因为就是在那个时间点我们两个心领神会地 |
[05:59] | without telling each other, that we were getting married. | 知道我们要结婚了 并没有跟对方说 |
[06:01] | We checked the time: 8:22 P.M. | 我们看了表 晚上八点二十二 |
[06:03] | Yep. It was actually this joke that I told | 没错 实际上是我说的这个笑话 |
[06:05] | that was what sealed the deal. | 让我们确定下来的 |
[06:08] | So funny. | 太好笑了 |
[06:10] | My favorite joke. No one had ever laughed at it that hard. | 我最喜欢的笑话 她比谁笑得都厉害 |
[06:13] | Well, I suppose I have to hear it. | 那我得听听了 |
[06:15] | No, I promise, it’ll kill you. | 跟你说 你一定会笑翻的 |
[06:17] | Well, babe, don’t oversell it. | 宝贝 别太夸张了 |
[06:19] | – I mean, it’s pretty good, but… – You can’t oversell it. | -是还不错 可 -怎么说都不夸张 |
[06:21] | Okay, well, I need a, I need a visual aid. | 我得需要个视觉辅助 |
[06:24] | Oh, no. Oh, crud. | 哎呦 |
[06:26] | It’s Jay. | 是杰伊 |
[06:27] | Don’t-don’t tell it without me. Hold on. | 等我回来再讲啊 等下 |
[06:29] | Hey, Jay, what’s up? | 杰伊 怎么样 |
[06:31] | Sorry to bother, ma’am. | 抱歉打扰了 女士 |
[06:32] | I know you’re in that lesson. | 我知道你在上课呢 |
[06:33] | Yeah, no, that’s fine. What do you got? | 没关系 你有什么事 |
[06:37] | Uh, an earful from the Mexican deputy foreign minister. | 墨西哥副外长絮絮叨叨的一堆话 |
[06:41] | They’re wavering on the border security deal. | 他们对边境安全协议有点动摇了 |
[06:43] | Why? I just talked to President Zaragoza this morning. | 为什么 我今早才跟萨拉戈萨总统通过电话 |
[06:47] | And this afternoon, | 今天下午 |
[06:48] | Arizona Governor Barker implemented a new policy | 亚利桑那州巴克州长实施了一个新政策 |
[06:50] | of separating children from parents | 把非法越过边境进入该州的 |
[06:53] | who illegally cross the border into the state. | 儿童与他们的父母分开 |
[06:55] | W-Wait. | 等等 |
[06:56] | They’re separating children from their parents? | 他们把孩子与他们的父母分开 |
[06:59] | I know. It’s crazy. | 我知道 这很荒唐 |
[07:01] | Okay, aside from | 除了那些 |
[07:02] | all the obvious questions of humanity, decency and shame, | 人道主义 尊严和耻辱等等明显的问题以外 |
[07:09] | how can they even do that without blatantly encroaching | 他们这么做怎么会不违反 |
[07:11] | on federal immigration law? | 联邦移民法呢 |
[07:13] | They probably can’t, but Arizona recently passed a law | 他们恐怕会违法 但是亚利桑那州刚刚通过 |
[07:17] | authorizing state police to, uh, temporarily detain anyone | 法律授权州警察暂时扣押 |
[07:20] | who fails to provide documentation | 任何无法提供文件 |
[07:22] | of lawful presence in the country. | 证明其在美国停留合法性的人 |
[07:23] | Until now, that’s meant a few hours | 之前呢 意味着在数小时以内 |
[07:25] | before turning them over to the feds. | 就要转交给联邦调查局 |
[07:27] | And now? | 那现在呢 |
[07:28] | Governor’s office is claiming weeks, months in some cases. | 州长办公室说要数周 有些情况甚至要数月 |
[07:31] | I’m gonna kill Governor Barker. | 我要杀了巴克州长 |
[07:33] | I mean, talk to him. | 我的意思是跟他沟通 |
[07:35] | First, at least. | 至少先礼后兵吧 |
[07:37] | White House has already | 白宫已经安排了半小时后与他进行 |
[07:37] | set up a call and invited State to join in half an hour. | 电话会议并邀请了国务院参加 |
[07:40] | Okay, good. Good. | 好的 |
[07:41] | If you want to finish the lesson, | 如果你想要把课上完 |
[07:42] | – I could handle it. – No, no, no. | -我可以来处理 -不用 |
[07:44] | I– no. Um, I’m on my way in just a few minutes. | 我几分钟就可以出门了 |
[07:47] | And you go enjoy your evening. | 你去享受你的晚间时光吧 |
[07:48] | – Thank you, ma’am. – Bye. | -谢谢您 长官 -再见 |
[07:50] | Jay-man. You here for the 9:00 game, too? | 杰伊兄弟 你也是来打九点的比赛的吗 |
[07:53] | Win, hey. | 温啊 |
[07:54] | Uh, yeah, maybe. | 是的 可能吧 |
[07:57] | Man, this is such a coincidence. | 真是太巧了 |
[07:59] | I literally just got out of a meeting | 我刚刚才和 |
[07:59] | with Rob Phelps who said | 罗伯·菲尔普斯见面 |
[08:01] | that I should get a sit-down with your boss, or you. | 他说我应该和你或者你老板谈谈 |
[08:04] | Well, we’re pretty busy. Saving the world. | 我们很忙 忙着拯救世界 |
[08:05] | Love it. And hey, you could save it a lot faster | 很棒 如果政府将大麻合法化 |
[08:07] | if the government legalizes marijuana. | 你们可以拯救得更快一点 |
[08:09] | Okay. We’ll keep that in mind. | 我记住了 |
[08:10] | Love it. Oh, hey, I could swing by your office tomorrow, | 太棒了 我明天可以去你办公室 |
[08:12] | we could grab lunch. | 我们可以一起吃午餐 |
[08:14] | Are you really separating | 你真的要把孩子 |
[08:15] | children from their parents? | 和他们的父母分开吗 |
[08:16] | It’s called enforcing the law. | 这叫做执行法律 |
[08:18] | You ought to try it some time, Mr. President. | 你也应该试试 总统先生 |
[08:20] | Oh, you can count on the attorney general | 我和司法部长会执行好法律的 |
[08:22] | and me enforcing the law. | 你大可放心 |
[08:23] | Your law isn’t Arizona law. | 你们的法律不是亚利桑那州的法律 |
[08:26] | It is when you encroach on federal immigration policy. | 但你违反了联邦移民政策 |
[08:29] | My AG tells me I’m on firm legal ground. | 我的终审法院首席法官说 在法律上我完全站得住脚 |
[08:32] | But Governor, forget the legal argument. | 州长 别管法律立场了 |
[08:35] | Your new policy, besides being inhumane, | 你的新政策 不仅不人道 |
[08:39] | is already jeopardizing | 而且已经威胁到了 |
[08:41] | our border security deal with Mexico. | 我们和墨西哥的边境安全协议 |
[08:42] | A deal that your state | 亚利桑那州是支持这个协议的 |
[08:44] | – stands to gain from. – Says who? | -而且能从中获益 -谁说的 |
[08:47] | I say it will endanger the good people of Arizona. | 我说这个协议会威胁到亚利桑那州善良的人们 |
[08:50] | After that shameful immigration debacle | 去年夏天你们强行 |
[08:52] | you people jammed through Congress last summer, | 让这个可耻的移民法案在国会通过 |
[08:55] | you forced my hand here. | 是你们逼我出的招 |
[08:57] | Governor, if you’re trying to kill the border deal… | 州长 如果你试图破坏边境协议 |
[08:59] | I am trying to deter future illegals. | 我在试图遏制未来的非法移民 |
[09:02] | If it spoils your little deal, all the better. | 如果这样会破坏你的小协议 那更好了 |
[09:05] | Okay, I’m sorry. Y-you’re taking children from their parents | 不好意思 把孩子和父母分开 |
[09:08] | as a deterrent? | 是你的一种遏制手段 |
[09:10] | Someone had to grow a pair, ma’am. | 总有人得做这件事 |
[09:11] | Do I really have to explain to you | 需要我向你解释这件事情 |
[09:13] | how barbaric and un-American that is? | 有多么野蛮 多么违背美国精神吗 |
[09:15] | If you’re gonna make deals with Mexico, you got to be tough. | 如果你要和墨西哥签协议 你就得强硬 |
[09:18] | Now, I’ll consider backing off the separation policy | 我可以考虑取消分离政策 |
[09:23] | if you get lower immigration caps, | 除非你降低移民数量的上限 |
[09:25] | higher thresholds for asylum seekers | 提高寻求政治庇护者的门槛 |
[09:28] | and Mexican support for construction of a border wall. | 并且让墨西哥同意修建一座边境墙 |
[09:33] | You don’t get to call the shots here, Governor. | 你说了不算 州长 |
[09:36] | You don’t get to call the shots here in Arizona. | 你在亚利桑那州也说了不算 |
[09:39] | We’re done. | 谈话到此结束 |
[09:42] | Son of a bitch hung up on me. | 这家伙竟然挂我电话 |
[09:44] | Trying to leverage us. | 他在试图操纵我们 |
[09:47] | How do we leverage back? Hell, how do we level him? | 我们怎么反操纵呢 我是说 怎么制约他呢 |
[09:50] | Sir, the underlying Arizona statute was carefully drafted | 总统先生 亚利桑那州的法律制定得非常精妙 |
[09:54] | to sit right on the line of what Arizona can get away with | 刚好让亚利桑那州能够最大程度实现自身利益 |
[09:57] | without getting preempted by federal law. | 同时不受到联邦法律的制裁 |
[10:00] | So where does that leave us? | 那我们能怎么办 |
[10:01] | Well, there is a strong argument that the statute | 有一种很强的观点认为 |
[10:03] | is unconstitutional as applied. | 亚利桑那州法的实施是违宪的 |
[10:05] | DOJ is putting together a challenge of the policy | 司法部正在收集材料 |
[10:07] | as a violation of the supremacy clause. | 证明他们的分离政策违背了最高条款 |
[10:09] | Good. I would think the Constitution | 很好 我想宪法 |
[10:11] | – would be on our side here. – Yeah, we’ll also argue | -会在我们这边 -我们还会证明 |
[10:14] | the policy is a violation of the due process | 分离政策违背了《第十四条修正案》的 |
[10:16] | and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. | 正当程序和平等保护条款 |
[10:19] | What’s the bottom line, Hank? | 最坏的情况是什么 汉克 |
[10:20] | Well, like Russell said, the law’s on our side, | 正如拉塞尔说的 法律在我们这边 |
[10:25] | but these court challenges will take time. | 但这些法庭质疑需要时间 |
[10:27] | Unless we try for a preliminary injunction | 除非我们发布一条初步禁令 |
[10:30] | to halt the policy. | 来阻止这项政策 |
[10:32] | Any downside to that? | 这样做有什么不好吗 |
[10:35] | We lose, publicly. | 在公众看来 我们输了 |
[10:38] | I can live with that. | 这个后果我可以接受 |
[10:40] | I can’t live with letting this go unchecked. | 我不能放任这件事情 |
[10:42] | I’ll get into it. | 我来处理 |
[10:51] | I want other options. | 我想要别的解决办法 |
[10:54] | We need to attack this on as many fronts as possible. | 我们需要尽可能地多面出击 |
[10:57] | Well, what about a legislative solution? | 通过议会来解决怎么样 |
[11:00] | We choke off federal funding | 在亚利桑那让失散的家庭团聚 |
[11:02] | to Arizona until the families are back together | 并停止分离政策之前 |
[11:04] | and this policy is revoked. | 暂停对亚利桑那州的联邦拨款 |
[11:08] | Bring Governor Barker to heel. | 让巴克州长乖乖就范 |
[11:10] | I like the sound of that, too, | 我也很喜欢这个方案 |
[11:11] | but how do we get the votes? | 但我们怎么拿到议员的投票呢 |
[11:14] | Well, I can talk to Senator Morejon. | 我可以和莫雷洪议员谈谈 |
[11:18] | Anti-immigration champion? | 反移民的支持者 |
[11:20] | Leader of the Squash Elizabeth McCord Club Morejon? | 粉碎伊丽莎白·麦考德俱乐部主席莫雷洪吗 |
[11:25] | The man’s a senior senator from Arizona. | 他可是亚利桑那州的资深参议员 |
[11:28] | Do you really think he’d go against | 你真的认为他会反对 |
[11:29] | – his own state’s government? – We’ve worked together before. | -自己的州政府吗 -我们一起共事过 |
[11:32] | Landmines, a while back. | 前阵子 反地雷协议 |
[11:35] | I’ve seen his softer side. | 我见过他柔软的那一面 |
[11:37] | And if you get Morejon, you think he can deliver | 如果你能拿到莫雷洪的支持票 你觉得他能 |
[11:39] | his anti-immigration caucus? | 说服他的反移民磋商小组吗 |
[11:41] | He is senior senator from Arizona, gives him standing. | 他是亚利桑那州的资深参议员 很有说服力 |
[11:47] | Every second this policy remains in place | 这项政策存在的每一秒 |
[11:49] | is an affront to basic human dignity. | 都是对基本人权的践踏 |
[11:52] | And a national disgrace. | 也是对国家尊严的践踏 |
[11:55] | Go get ’em, Bess. | 去吧 贝丝 |
[12:07] | I got ball! | 我拿到球了 |
[12:09] | Here. | 这里 |
[12:11] | You sure you didn’t play college? | 你确定你大学时没有打过联赛吗 |
[12:13] | Come on, DIII, right? | DIII类大学 是吗 |
[12:15] | Here, here, here. | 这里 这里 这里 |
[12:17] | – Got it. – I saw it. | -拿到了 -我看到了 |
[12:19] | Get it back to him. | 回传给他 |
[12:21] | – Jeez, man, are you all right, bro? – No, I’m not all right. | -天哪 你还好吗兄弟 -我不好 |
[12:24] | Just back off. | 后退 |
[12:25] | Can I help you? | 我能帮你吗 |
[12:26] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[12:29] | I’m so sorry, man. | 对不起 兄弟 |
[12:30] | That was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[12:31] | It was good D. No one’s fault. | 你的防守很好 没毛病 |
[12:33] | Just… | 只是… |
[12:33] | I’m sorry I snapped. Thank you. | 对不起我突然倒地了 谢谢 |
[12:36] | – Thanks. Thanks. – Yeah, all right. | -谢谢 -没关系 |
[12:37] | I’ll take Paul out. We need one more. | 我让保罗上场 我们需要增加一个人 |
[12:41] | Here. Here, let me. | 给 我来帮你 |
[12:42] | Uh, no, I got it. I got it. | 我自己来 我自己来 |
[12:44] | You know what you need for that? | 你知道你需要什么吗 |
[12:46] | A little CBD-THC gelcap. I got some in my bag. | 一点点大麻胶囊 我包里有一点 |
[12:48] | – No. Win. – Seriously, dude. | -不用了 温 -真的 哥们 |
[12:51] | Cannabis meds are state of the art for pain management. | 大麻是最好的止疼药 |
[12:53] | Well, hey, okay. I’ll take that under consideration. | 我会考虑的 |
[12:55] | I’m gonna hold you to that. And listen, | 我可记住你这句话了 |
[12:57] | while I have you, did you ever consider | 既然你现在有空 你有没有考虑过 |
[13:00] | that legalization of marijuana is the best way for the U.S. | 大麻合法化 是美国削弱墨西哥毒品集团 |
[13:03] | to weaken the Mexican cartels | 并阻止边境毒品流动 |
[13:05] | and stem the flow of drugs across the border? | 最好的方式 |
[13:07] | Did you just trip me on purpose so you could lobby me? | 你是故意把我绊倒来游说我吗 |
[13:09] | Dude, of course not. I’m on your team. | 老兄 当然不是 我是你那队的 |
[13:12] | – Not tonight. But I got your back. – Oh, my… | 今晚不是 但我是支持你的 -天啊 |
[13:15] | It’s just I know M-Sec is looking to make | 我知道国务卿女士 |
[13:17] | a border security deal with Mexico, | 想和墨西哥签订一份边境安全协议 |
[13:19] | and legalization is the pathway to security. | 立法是保障安全的途径 |
[13:21] | If you want, I can introduce you | 如果你想的话 我可以给你 |
[13:22] | – to some really good… – No, don’t want. Don’t want. | -介绍一些很好的… -我不想 不想 |
[13:23] | – Stop lobbying me. – My bad. My bad. | -不要游说我了 -我的错 我的错 |
[13:24] | All right? I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我明天给你打电话 |
[13:26] | No. I’ll send you a white paper on cannabis. | 我明天给你发一份关于印度大麻的白皮书 |
[13:27] | – Win, go away. – All right, cool. Yeah. | -温 走开 -好的 没问题 |
[13:30] | Say hi to Daisy. | 帮我向戴西问声好 |
[13:31] | Who’s got next? | 下一个谁上 |
[13:35] | Mr. Bramble, I’ve reviewed | 布兰博先生 我看了你 |
[13:37] | your application for a preliminary injunction. | 申请初步禁令的材料 |
[13:39] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[13:41] | Arizona’s policy | 亚利桑那州 |
[13:42] | of forcibly separating parents and children… | 强行将父母和孩子分开的政策… |
[13:44] | Yes, yes. You’re arguing the supremacy clause. | 是的是的 你认为违背了最高条款 |
[13:47] | But an injunction is extraordinary relief. | 但该禁令针对的是一项特别救援 |
[13:50] | But we believe our likelihood of success on the merits… | 但是我们相信我们成功的可能性 |
[13:52] | I’d like to hear from the attorney general of Arizona. | 我想听听亚利桑那州总检察长的发言 |
[13:55] | The likelihood is slim, Your Honor. | 可能性很小 法官大人 |
[13:57] | The Arizona policy at issue was narrowly crafted | 为了和联邦法律相适应 |
[13:59] | to comport with federal law. | 亚利桑那州的该项政策制定得非常精密 |
[14:00] | It flies in the face of federal law, | 该政策和联邦法律背道而驰 |
[14:02] | – Your Honor. – Reasonable minds can disagree. | -法官大人 -不同的人可以持反对意见 |
[14:06] | I think we need a full adjudication here. | 我想我们需要充分裁决 |
[14:08] | The bigger issue is the irreparable harm | 更大的问题是这项政策 |
[14:11] | posed to the minors who are subjected | 给受到严厉判决的未成年人 |
[14:13] | – to this draconian decree. – Hysterics, Judge. | -带来了不可修复的伤害 -无稽之谈 |
[14:15] | It’s a temporary displacement | 只是暂时将 |
[14:16] | of children from their parents. | 孩子和父母分离 |
[14:17] | The duration of the separation | 问题不在于 |
[14:19] | is not the issue. The fact of it is. | 分离的时间 而在于分离本身 |
[14:21] | Children are legally separated | 孩子一直都在 |
[14:23] | from their parents all the time. | 合法的和父母分离 |
[14:25] | When the parents are imprisoned. | 比如当父母受到监禁的时候 |
[14:26] | Uh, when they are placed in foster care. | 当他们被送到寄养家庭的时候 |
[14:28] | After an adjudication and due process, yes. | 在法官判决并走完法定程序之后 是的 |
[14:32] | I’m curious to see you here, | 我很好奇居然会在这里见到你 |
[14:33] | Mr. Jackson. | 杰克逊先生 |
[14:35] | This is a pressing matter for the administration. | 这是政府当前面临的要务 |
[14:38] | Pressing enough for a presidential emissary | 重要到总统特使必须出现在 |
[14:40] | to appear at counsel’s table? | 律师席上吗 |
[14:43] | I am a licensed attorney, Judge. | 我是持证律师 法官 |
[14:44] | And the president’s chief of staff. | 也是总统的幕僚长 |
[14:48] | Don’t think I don’t recognize intimidation when I see it. | 别以为我看不出来你在向我施压 |
[14:52] | It’s a shameful abuse | 这是可耻的滥用 |
[14:54] | of executive power. | 行政权力 |
[14:56] | Judge, the stakes of Arizona’s decision | 法官 亚利桑那州藐视联邦政策 |
[15:00] | to flout federal policy… | 的目的在于… |
[15:01] | Can be decided at trial. | 这可以在法庭上决定 |
[15:04] | The government’s motion | 申请预先禁令的 |
[15:05] | for a preliminary injunction is denied. | 政府动议被驳回 |
[15:07] | – Thank you, Your Honor. – Judge, | -谢谢 法官阁下 -法官 |
[15:08] | there are six more arguments in our brief. | 我们的简报里还有六个论据 |
[15:11] | None of which merited consideration. | 这些论据根本不值得考虑 |
[15:14] | I think, given the enormity of the issue… | 我觉得 鉴于问题的严重性… |
[15:16] | Mr. Bramble, you are counsel of record, | 布兰博先生 你才是备案律师 |
[15:18] | not Mr. Jackson, so either muzzle him, | 而杰克逊先生不是 所以请让他闭嘴 |
[15:22] | or he can consider his impertinence | 否则就让他在监狱里过夜时 |
[15:23] | during his night in lockup. | 反省自己的粗鲁 |
[15:27] | – Dismissed. – All rise. | -休庭 -全体起立 |
[15:33] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[15:34] | This is highly irregular, Mr. Jackson. | 这太不合规矩了 杰克逊先生 |
[15:37] | I don’t countenance ex parte communications. | 我不能进行单方面接触 |
[15:39] | It’s not ex parte, Your Honor. | 这不是单方面接触 法官阁下 |
[15:41] | I’m not here to talk substance. | 我不是来讨论案子实质的 |
[15:43] | I’m busy, Mr. Jackson. | 我很忙 杰克逊先生 |
[15:46] | Too busy to be fair-minded? | 忙得无法保持公正了吗 |
[15:50] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[15:52] | Look… you know the stakes of this case. | 你了解这个案子的意义所在 |
[15:56] | For the children. For U.S. policy. For the country. | 对孩子们 对美国政策 对国家来说 |
[16:00] | None of that concerns me. Only the law does. | 这些都跟我无关 跟我有关的只有法律 |
[16:03] | The law which you short-circuited | 你无视我们的六个论据 |
[16:05] | by ignoring six of our arguments. | 对法律断章取义 |
[16:07] | I’d like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[16:13] | I was short-listed by the last administration | 几年前 上届政府把我列在了 |
[16:15] | for an appellate seat years ago. | 上诉法院席位的短名单中 |
[16:18] | You know why I still haven’t gotten it? | 你知道我为什么还没得到这个席位吗 |
[16:21] | Because the obstructive Dalton administration | 就是因为道尔顿政府故意刁难 |
[16:23] | found me not to its ideological liking. | 觉得我跟他们理念不一致 |
[16:26] | Your president, Elizabeth McCord, | 你们的总统 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[16:29] | your whole cohort is contemptuous | 和你们的整个团队 |
[16:31] | of American values. | 都藐视美国价值观 |
[16:33] | But you don’t represent the majority. | 但你们并不代表主流价值观 |
[16:35] | You represent a soon-to-be disempowered minority | 你们代表的是依附于权力又即将 |
[16:39] | clinging to power | 被剥夺权力的少数派 |
[16:40] | and bent on flushing this country down the sewer. | 你们一心一意地要把国家冲进下水道里 |
[16:43] | But the only thing that’s going to be flushed on my watch… | 只要我还在职 被冲走就将是 |
[16:47] | is you. | 你们 |
[16:49] | Now get out. | 现在滚吧 |
[16:59] | Let me look into Mr. Whitman’s schedule, | 让我先看看惠特曼先生的日程表 |
[17:01] | and I’ll get back to you. | 然后再给你回电 |
[17:02] | Of course, Mr. Barrington. | 当然 巴林顿先生 |
[17:05] | Was that Win Barrington? | 是那个温·巴林顿吗 |
[17:06] | Yes. He’s been trying to get in to see Jay. | 是的 他一直想来找杰伊 |
[17:08] | No, what he’s trying to do is circumvent Jay’s assistant | 不 他一直想要做的是绕开杰伊的助手 |
[17:11] | ’cause he thinks you’re a loophole. Blake. | 因为他觉得你能让他钻空子 布莱克 |
[17:12] | Tell Nina someone’s trying | 告诉妮娜有人想 |
[17:13] | – to loophole her. – I’m sorry? | -从她这儿钻空子 -什么 |
[17:14] | He says he’s a representative of a wellness advocacy group. | 他说他是个健康倡导小组的代表 |
[17:17] | Wellness advocacy. It’s Win Barrington trying | 健康倡导 温·巴林顿是想 |
[17:19] | – to lobby Jay to legalize pot. – Ah, yes. | -游说杰伊让大麻合法化 -没错 |
[17:21] | See, part of your job is to sandbag | 看到了吗 你工作的一部分就是挡住 |
[17:23] | dudes like this who think they can work | 这样的家伙 他们觉得自己可以 |
[17:25] | around the gatekeepers | 绕开门卫 |
[17:26] | and waste everybody’s time | 并用蒸发器和水烟枪[均为吸大麻的工具] |
[17:27] | with vaporizers and bongs. | 浪费大家的时间 |
[17:30] | Dude’s a clown. | 这人就是个小丑 |
[17:31] | Blake’ll fill you in. | 布莱克会跟你细说的 |
[17:37] | Okay. Win was Daisy’s fiancée. | 好吧 温以前是黛西的未婚夫 |
[17:40] | She broke up with him to start dating Matt. | 她跟他分手以后开始和马特约会 |
[17:42] | Well, actually, they were already secretly dating. | 实际上 分手前他们就开始秘密约会了 |
[17:44] | Yeah. By the way, | 是的 顺带说一下 |
[17:46] | I’m reading yo in on classified information, so… | 我告诉你的可是机密信息 所以… |
[17:47] | – Oh. Yeah, no problem. – Okay. So, um, | -当然 没问题 -好 所以 |
[17:49] | on election night a few years ago, | 几年前的选举之夜 |
[17:50] | Matt was making a play for Daisy, | 马特千方百计地勾引黛西 |
[17:52] | but she went home with Win instead, | 但她最后却跟温回家了 |
[17:53] | so what you are looking at now is… | 所以现在的情况是… |
[17:55] | Two alphas, neither of whom ended up | 两个男主角 最终谁都没得到 |
[17:57] | with the girl. Got it. | 女主的心 明白了 |
[17:58] | So, go ahead and make the appointment for Jay? | 那还帮杰伊预约吗 |
[18:01] | God, no. Win’s a ridiculous pot lobbyist. | 老天 不 温是个离谱的大麻说客 |
[18:02] | I just thought you’d be interested in the gossip. | 我只是觉得你会对八卦有兴趣 |
[18:10] | You’re actually suggesting that I sponsor a bill | 你是在建议我去支持一个 |
[18:13] | to cut off all federal funding to my home state? | 切断所有给我家乡州的联邦基金的法案 |
[18:15] | I’m suggesting you help | 我建议你帮助孩子们 |
[18:17] | reunite children with their moms and dads | 让他们尽快与父母 |
[18:20] | as quickly as possible. | 重聚 |
[18:22] | The way to do that is through the courts. | 我们可以通过法庭来达到目的 |
[18:24] | Well, unfortunately, | 但不幸的是 |
[18:25] | the administration’s application | 政府申请的 |
[18:27] | for a preliminary injunction was denied, | 预先禁令被驳回了 |
[18:30] | so any legal remedy could take months. | 任何法律补救措施都要等到几个月以后 |
[18:33] | If we want to end this quickly, | 如果我们想要速战速决 |
[18:35] | Congress needs to step up. | 就必须请国会介入 |
[18:37] | I-I don’t like Barker’s methods, but I don’t disagree | 我并不喜欢巴克的方式 但我同意 |
[18:40] | with his position on border security. | 他在边界安全问题上的立场 |
[18:42] | I’m not asking you to take sides on that deal. | 我并没有要你在这件事上选边站队 |
[18:44] | Yes, you are. And Arizonans | 不 你就是在请求我选边站队 |
[18:46] | are deeply concerned about unchecked immigration. | 而且亚利桑那州已深受无节制移民的困扰 |
[18:49] | Carlos, I know your thoughts on the border. | 卡洛斯 我了解你对边界的看法 |
[18:51] | I’m just asking you to help these kids. | 我只是请求你帮帮这些孩子 |
[18:54] | By committing political suicide. | 通过政治自杀的方式 |
[18:57] | By doing the right thing. | 通过做正确的事 |
[18:59] | I know what’s right. | 我知道什么是正确的事 |
[19:00] | And I am staunchly against the federal government undermining | 而且我坚决反对联邦政府牺牲一个州的 |
[19:03] | a state’s authority to regulate its own border. | 权威来规范自己的边界 |
[19:06] | Come on, Senator. | 拜托 参议员 |
[19:07] | You know there are a million reasons the federal government | 你知道有数不胜数的原因让联邦政府 |
[19:09] | has to be in charge of the border. | 必须处理边界问题 |
[19:15] | You want to talk state’s rights? | 你想谈谈州权利吗 |
[19:17] | How about human rights? | 先谈谈人权如何 |
[19:24] | I understand that we disagree on policy. | 我了解我们在政策上有分歧 |
[19:29] | But this is about who we are as a country. | 但这关乎到我们的国家形象 |
[19:32] | And anyone who doesn’t fight | 人人都应该不惜一切地去反抗 |
[19:34] | this appalling human rights violation | 这种骇人听闻的 |
[19:37] | with everything they’ve got, | 侵犯人权行为 |
[19:38] | even if it means political suicide, | 哪怕是政治自杀也在所不惜 |
[19:41] | may as well be for it. | 否则就是这种行为的帮凶 |
[19:45] | It is a moral outrage. | 这是道德谴责啊 |
[19:47] | And you may be right. | 而且你可能是对的 |
[19:51] | But I will not let | 但是我不会让 |
[19:52] | the federal government bully my home state. | 联邦政府欺凌我的家乡州 |
[19:55] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:56] | Look, I hope you heal fast. | 祝你早日康复 |
[19:58] | – Thanks. – And from what I hear, | -谢谢 -而且据我所知 |
[20:00] | these detention centers aren’t all that bad. | 这些安置中心也没那么差吧 |
[20:05] | They say it’s like summer camp for kids. | 他们说就像孩子们的夏令营 |
[20:09] | Thanks for stopping by, Senator. | 谢谢你的来访 参议员 |
[20:20] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[20:22] | Sorry I snapped. | 对不起我冲动了[意同折断] |
[20:24] | My ankle. | 我的脚踝 |
[20:27] | Man. This is hard. I haven’t written a poem | 兄弟 这太难了 我从七年级开始 |
[20:30] | since, like, seventh grade. | 就没写过诗了 |
[20:31] | Actually, that was more of a rap. | 事实上 这更像是说唱 |
[20:33] | Ooh, a rap could be fun. | 说唱更有意思 |
[20:35] | Yeah. Mm… but no. | 是的 但也不是 |
[20:37] | – No. – Hey, guys, I think I got something. | -不 -伙计们 我想到几句了 |
[20:39] | “The way we love our perfect parents can never be co-opted, | 我们都情不自禁地爱我们的完美父母 |
[20:43] | “Though Stevie was an accident | 虽然斯蒂芬是个意外 |
[20:45] | and Ali is adopted.” | 而艾莉是收养的 |
[20:46] | – Cut it out. – Please, be serious. | -打住 -拜托 严肃点 |
[20:48] | No. You know what, I… | 不 你知道吗 我 |
[20:50] | It’s a little hard to be serious | 要严肃对待 |
[20:51] | with everything going on in Arizona. | 亚利桑那州发生的事有点难 |
[20:53] | Can’t you just donate money to the ACLU | 不能就给美国公民自由联盟捐钱吗 |
[20:55] | like I did and get on board with the celebration, | 像我就捐了钱还被邀请参加庆典 |
[20:58] | dude? | 兄弟们 |
[20:59] | Okay? This is the only part that I actually asked you | 好吧 我请你们帮忙的就只有 |
[21:01] | to help with. No. | 这部分 不 |
[21:04] | What? | 什么 |
[21:05] | Laser Dawn is canceling? | “激光曙光”的演出取消了 |
[21:07] | – What is that? – Why? | -那是什么 -为什么 |
[21:08] | It’s the band that I booked for the after-party. | 那是我预定的在余兴派对上演出的乐队 |
[21:10] | They’re breaking up over creative differences? | 他们因为创作理念不合而解散 |
[21:12] | They’re a wedding band. | 他们就是个婚礼乐队 |
[21:14] | What creative differences could they have? | 他们能有什么创作理念 |
[21:15] | The name, for starters. | 首先 这名字就不对 |
[21:17] | Well, why did we even get a band? | 好吧 为什么我们要请个乐队 |
[21:20] | They’re so cheesy. | 他们那么俗气 |
[21:21] | We should just get a deejay. | 我们只要请个DJ就行了 |
[21:22] | Well, no, because Mom and Dad are cheesy, | 不行 因为爸爸妈妈就很俗气 |
[21:24] | and they wanted a band. | 他们想要一个乐队 |
[21:26] | And this is their party, and we’re supposed to be helping. | 这是他们的聚会 我们应该帮忙的 |
[21:28] | I mean, how am I supposed to book a decent band | 我要怎么在节日期间 |
[21:31] | in the middle of the holidays, | 最后一刻 订到一个 |
[21:34] | at the last minute? | 还不错的乐队呢 |
[21:35] | You were going for “decent”? | 你想要订到一个”还不错”的乐队吗 |
[21:36] | No, Jason. I was going for “Good.” | 不 杰森 我是想要定个”好”乐队 |
[21:39] | But now I’m at “Decent”, and tomorrow | 但现在我改成”还不错”的乐队 明天 |
[21:41] | I might be at “Washboard and mouth harp,” for all I know. | 就变成我认识的”刮板和口技”表演者了 |
[21:47] | It was always a long shot with Morejon. | 莫雷洪合作的机会太渺茫了 |
[21:50] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[21:51] | I thought I got through to him. | 我以为我说通他了 |
[21:53] | Never underestimate a senator’s desire to keep their seat. | 绝不能低估参议员想要保住席位的愿望 |
[21:57] | I actually think I overestimated | 其实我觉得我是高估了 |
[22:00] | our checks and balances against malfeasance | 我们对于渎职和不良信念 |
[22:03] | and bad faith. | 付出的经费预算 |
[22:04] | Yeah. Our system counts on our public officials | 对 我们的系统仰仗着公共官员 |
[22:06] | to be of good faith. | 有好的信念 |
[22:08] | We rely on their basic… decency and morality. | 我们指望着他们最基本的正直和道德 |
[22:11] | Without it, | 没有那些 |
[22:12] | norms break down. | 规范荡然无存 |
[22:14] | And even the President of the United States | 即便是美国总统 |
[22:16] | can end up powerless to fix things. | 也无力去解决问题 |
[22:18] | Oh, I’m not giving up on you yet, sir. | 我对你还没有失去信心 阁下 |
[22:21] | Thanks, but the, uh, good people of Arizona | 谢谢 不过亚利桑那的人民 |
[22:23] | have been sold a bill of goods by a demagogue | 被煽动者滔滔不绝地讲的那些假的 |
[22:26] | spouting about a fake, trumped-up crisis at the border, | 捏造的边境危机骗到了 |
[22:29] | and now children are paying the price. | 而现在孩子们在为此付出代价 |
[22:31] | Hey. Sorry I’m late. Hey. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[22:32] | I had a few things to finish up. | 我有点事得做完 |
[22:35] | Well, we seem to be out of checks and balances, | 我们好像没有经费预算了 |
[22:37] | so no worries. | 所以没什么可担心的 |
[22:38] | Yeah. Uh, about that… | 对 说起来这事 |
[22:42] | After getting shot down by Judge Mayfield, | 在被梅菲尔德法官驳回后 |
[22:45] | my spidey-sense told me something was amiss, | 我的第六感告诉我有地方不太对 |
[22:48] | so I stopped by his chambers. | 所以我去了趟他的办公室 |
[22:51] | Ooh. Judges love it when you do that. | 法官最喜欢你那么做了 |
[22:53] | Yeah, actually, I was counting on | 对 我其实是指望着 |
[22:54] | getting his dander up, and he didn’t disappoint. | 惹他发火 不过他没有令我失望 |
[22:56] | Revealed his true partisan hack colors. | 的确暴露出了他的倾向性 |
[22:59] | Fishing for grounds to appeal? | 在找办法上诉吗 |
[23:01] | Yeah, I already hooked one. | 对 我已经找到了一个 |
[23:03] | I spent the afternoon poking around. | 整个下午我都在到处打探 |
[23:07] | Found the judge has real estate holdings in Arizona | 发现法官在亚利桑那州 |
[23:11] | that are directly affected by state policies | 持有不动产 其资产被巴克州长决定的 |
[23:14] | dictated by our friend Governor Barker. | 州政策直接影响 |
[23:19] | Well, that’s a hell of a coincidence. | 那还真是够巧的 |
[23:21] | Not when you consider they were fraternity brothers | 如果你知道他们同是亚利桑那州兄弟会成员 |
[23:23] | at Arizona State. | 你就不这么想了 |
[23:27] | You think that’s a clear enough conflict of interest? | 你觉得这是足够明确的利益冲突吗 |
[23:28] | Well… the AG’s reviewing it with his team. | 司法部长和他的团队在审查 |
[23:33] | I’d love to blow that little weasel | 我想把那个狡猾的家伙 |
[23:35] | right off the bench. | 拖下水 |
[23:36] | I’m just concerned | 我只是有点担心 |
[23:37] | about the optics | 白宫因为不喜欢一个法官的裁定 |
[23:38] | of the White House going after a judge | 就去找他麻烦的 |
[23:41] | because we don’t like his ruling. | 公众影响 |
[23:45] | I’m not sure this particular bullet | 我不确定这颗子弹 |
[23:47] | should stay in the chamber, so to speak. | 是不是应该留在枪膛里 |
[23:50] | Aren’t we beyond worrying about optics? | 我们还要担心公众影响 |
[23:53] | I mean, our standing in the world is at stake. | 我们在世界影响力危在旦夕 |
[23:57] | I say fire that bullet. | 我觉得该把这子弹打出去 |
[24:10] | Senator. | 参议员 |
[24:12] | How’s the leg? | 腿怎么样了 |
[24:27] | Excuse me, could I get a cranberry soda? | 您好 可以给我一杯蔓越莓苏打水吗 |
[24:54] | All right. I assume you’re asking this because I’m Cuban? | 好吧 我猜你这么问是因为我是古巴人 |
[24:57] | Brown. | 棕色人种 |
[24:59] | To them, you’re brown. | 对于他们来说你是棕色人种 |
[25:01] | First generation, but… | 第一代移民 不过 |
[25:06] | I know your family story. It’s on your website. | 我知道你的家族故事 写在你的网页上 |
[25:09] | They were boat people crammed into an overloaded trawler, | 他们挤上了一艘超载的拖网渔船 |
[25:13] | escaping Castro. | 逃离了卡斯特罗 |
[25:15] | And they were lucky enough to get to shore, | 并且他们幸运地上了岸 |
[25:16] | because of the wet foot, dry foot policy. | 由于干脚湿脚政策而得以留在了美国 |
[25:18] | But tell me, how were your parents any different | 不过你告诉我 你的父母和那些 |
[25:19] | from the parents in Arizona | 今晚在亚利桑那 |
[25:20] | who are separated from their kids tonight? | 要被迫和孩子分开的父母有什么区别 |
[25:24] | Well, my mother and my father didn’t break the law. | 我的父亲母亲没有违法 |
[25:28] | Look, my dad’s from Uruguay, but… | 我的父亲来自乌拉圭 不过 |
[25:31] | I’m a stealth Latino. | 我是个隐形的拉丁美裔 |
[25:34] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[25:35] | Every once in a while, when I’m out… | 有时候 当我在外面 |
[25:38] | somewhere talking to my dad on the phone or… | 和我父亲打电话或者 |
[25:41] | speaking Spanish for whatever reason, | 因为什么原因讲西班牙语时 |
[25:42] | I-I notice some people look at me differently. | 我发现有人会用不同眼光看我 |
[25:45] | Instant lower status. | 瞬间降低了身份 |
[25:47] | Every once in a while, | 有时候 |
[25:48] | they tell me to “Speak English, amigo.” | 他们告诉我”说英语 朋友” |
[25:51] | or “American.” That-that’s my favorite. | 或者是”美国话” 那是我最喜欢的说法 |
[25:54] | Well, sometimes people hand me their keys | 有时会有人在代客泊车处 |
[25:58] | at the valet. | 把他们的车钥匙给我 |
[26:00] | Yale, Harvard Law, | 耶鲁大学 哈佛法学院 |
[26:01] | Rhodes Scholar, U.S. Senator | 罗德斯奖学金获得者 美国参议员 |
[26:03] | all they see is “Brown guy.” | 在他们眼里就只是”棕色人种” |
[26:04] | That’s right. | 对 |
[26:05] | Some people. | 对于一些人 |
[26:11] | But, Jay… | 不过 杰 |
[26:12] | I don’t need you to lecture me on unconscious bias. | 我不用你来教育我无意识的偏见 |
[26:15] | Unconscious? Is that what you think it is? | 无意识的吗 你觉得就是这样的吗 |
[26:18] | How can you ignore | 你怎么能忽略 |
[26:19] | the blatant racism of this policy? | 这条政策表达出来的公然的歧视 |
[26:22] | Don’t we already have a steep enough hill to climb | 我们难道不是已经有个足够陡的坡要爬 |
[26:25] | without allowing Arizona | 还要让亚利桑那州 |
[26:28] | to normalize treating people like us as-as… | 名正言顺的歧视 |
[26:30] | less than human? | 我们这样的人 |
[26:32] | If not for those kids in detention, | 就算不是为了那些被拘留的孩子 |
[26:34] | how about for our kids? | 那我们的孩子呢 |
[26:35] | How is this not more personal for you? | 这对你来说怎么会毫无关系 |
[26:37] | The secretary put you up to this? | 是国务卿让你这么说的吗 |
[26:39] | Por favor, she doesn’t know anything. | 不是 她什么都不知道 |
[26:40] | I saw you wavering in her office. | 我看到你在她办公室里有些犹豫 |
[26:43] | I know you want to be on the right side of this. | 我知道你想要在这件事上站在对的一方 |
[26:46] | Look, there are no sides, Jay. | 没有哪一方对 杰 |
[26:50] | The only way to change what people see | 唯一能改变人们看法的方式 |
[26:53] | is to continue to succeed. | 就是一直保持成功 |
[26:57] | Not through identity politics, | 不是通过身份政治 |
[26:59] | but hard work. | 而是努力工作 |
[27:01] | I never sought to be the Moses for Latinos. | 我从未想要成为拉丁美裔的摩西 |
[27:04] | My kids see how hard I work | 我的孩子们看到我 |
[27:06] | and what I’ve achieved. | 是如何勤奋地取得了今日的成就 |
[27:08] | Just like your daughter sees you. | 就像你的女儿看到你 |
[27:12] | And for me, that… | 对我来说 那 |
[27:14] | that is enough. | 那就够了 |
[27:17] | And… | 并且 |
[27:20] | I’m sorry that it’s not the same for you. | 我很抱歉你不是这样想的 |
[27:30] | This case has been remanded | 由于本案 |
[27:31] | by the appellate court for reconsideration | 和梅菲尔德法官有利益冲突 |
[27:33] | on the grounds that Judge Mayfield was conflicted. | 本案已经被受理上诉的法庭发回重审 |
[27:37] | The issue before us | 摆在我们面前的问题是 |
[27:37] | is whether to grant a preliminary injunction | 是否该颁布一条初步的禁令 |
[27:40] | halting Arizona’s detention of unauthorized immigrants. | 来制止亚利桑那对未经批准的移民的拘留 |
[27:44] | – Counsel? – Judge Pollard, | -律师 -波拉德法官 |
[27:46] | if I can direct the court to U.S. V. Jenlow. | 我可否引用美国对詹洛一案 |
[27:48] | – Not apposite, Your Honor. – I disagree. | -不恰当 法官阁下 -我不同意 |
[27:50] | And I’ve reviewed | 我详细回顾了 |
[27:51] | the petitioner’s affidavits in detail. | 上诉人的书面证词 |
[27:54] | The government has clearly made a prima facie showing | 政府显然给这些孩子带来了 |
[27:56] | – of irreparable harm to these children. – Your Honor… | -不可弥补的伤害 -法官阁下 |
[27:59] | I also believe that | 我还认为 |
[28:01] | petitioner’s likelihood of success on the merits | 上诉方在法律意义上成功的可能性 |
[28:03] | – is great. – Judge, the APA’s amicus brief… | -很大 -法官 美国精神医学会的简述 |
[28:06] | I’ve read it, | 我看到了 |
[28:07] | Ms. Cutler, and unless you have anything new, I’m inclined | 卡特勒女士 除非你还有什么新证据 |
[28:11] | to rule against the State of Arizona | 我倾向于否决亚利桑那州政府 |
[28:13] | and grant a preliminary… | 并且颁布一条初步… |
[28:19] | In a case brought on behalf of the separated families | 在由美国公民自由联盟代表被分开的家庭提起的诉讼中 |
[28:22] | by the ACLU, the Ninth Circuit has just affirmed | 第九巡回法庭刚刚证实 |
[28:26] | the District Court of Arizona’s opinion | 亚利桑那州联邦地方法院的意见是 |
[28:28] | that the affected families of Arizona’s separation order | 受到亚利桑那州隔离命令影响的家庭 |
[28:31] | do not suffer | 并没有受到 |
[28:33] | irreparable harm. | 不可弥补的伤害 |
[28:34] | Judge, the ACLU is a private litigant, | 法官 美国公民自由联盟是个私人诉讼当事人 |
[28:36] | so the case is not precisely on point. | 所以本案不是完全符合 |
[28:38] | – That is true. – And this court is not bound | -没错 -这个法庭也不受其它 |
[28:40] | by another federal appellate court’s judgment. | 受理上诉的联邦法庭的判决书的约束 |
[28:43] | Also true. | 也没错 |
[28:44] | But the opinion adjudicated nearly identical facts. | 但是该意见给出了几乎同一事实的裁定 |
[28:48] | I consider that persuasive authority | 我认为对这份具有说服力的权威意见 |
[28:51] | and a judgment | 以及判决书 |
[28:51] | I am not inclined to contravene. | 对此我不打算否认 |
[28:55] | Wha… Uh, so… | 所以 |
[28:58] | th-that’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[29:00] | An inadvertent legal wire-crossing | 无意的非法越境 |
[29:02] | means all those kids | 就意味着所有这些孩子 |
[29:05] | have to remain separated from their parents? | 都必须与他们的父母分离吗 |
[29:07] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[29:09] | You’ll have to let your suit wend its way through the system, | 你的诉讼只能按程序走了 |
[29:11] | Mr. Jackson. | 杰克逊先生 |
[29:14] | Look at this. | 看看 |
[29:15] | A sign from the gods. | 这是上帝的指示 |
[29:16] | I am trolling for favors, and here you are. | 我正需要人帮忙 你就来了 |
[29:18] | I also need to hit up Russell Jackson as well. | 我还得请求拉塞尔·杰克逊的帮助 |
[29:21] | – This might not be the best time. – Yeah, I heard. | -现在可能不是最好的时机 -我听说了 |
[29:23] | Bit of an ouch-y in court. | 法庭上吃瘪了 |
[29:25] | – How else would you describe it? – Oh, I don’t know, Mike, | -不然你会怎么形容 -我不知道 迈克 |
[29:27] | maybe sensitively. | 或许 谨慎处事 |
[29:29] | What favors are you here for? | 要帮什么忙 |
[29:31] | I need recommendation letters for my kid’s super-elitist, | 我需要推荐信 为我孩子申请一所 |
[29:33] | beyond-his-intellectual-capacity private school. | 非常杰出的 超过他智力和能力的私立学校 |
[29:36] | Mike, do you really want | 迈克 你真的要把儿子 |
[29:37] | to send your son to a school that he is not suited for? | 送去上一所不适合他的学校吗 |
[29:40] | 100%. So can I count on you? | 百分之百确定 我能指望你吗 |
[29:42] | Well, it’s a hell of a day to be asking for a favor | 还得被要求帮助你有特权的孩子 |
[29:44] | for your privileged kid. | 这一天真是太糟糕了 |
[29:48] | All right, send me his application and his ess… | 好吧 把他的申请表和… |
[29:52] | No promises. | 不打包票 |
[29:53] | Fine. Look, I also got the invite to your vow thing. | 行吧 我还收到了你的誓词之类的邀请 |
[29:56] | Nice optics. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it myself. | 很好的宣传 真不敢相信我怎么没想到 |
[29:58] | – I reached out to the videographer… – No publicity. | -我联系了电视录像制作人 -不要宣传 |
[30:01] | No publicity. Just a videographer. | 不宣传 只是一个电视录像制作人 |
[30:03] | Very discreet drones. | 一点都不引人注意的无人机 |
[30:04] | You won’t even hear them. | 你甚至听不到它们的声音 |
[30:05] | Mike, this is a personal and private event. | 迈克 这是私人活动 |
[30:08] | No politics. | 无关政治 |
[30:09] | – No angles. – Hey, look, | -无关立场 -听着 |
[30:10] | I have been dissecting the polls, | 我一直在仔细分析民意调查 |
[30:12] | and while you have broad support… | 虽然你拥有广泛的支持 |
[30:13] | no pun intended… you lack voter intensity. | 没有讽刺的意思 但你缺少选民密集度 |
[30:16] | People like you, but they don’t love you. | 人民喜欢你 但他们不爱你 |
[30:18] | Do you know what could change that? | 你知道什么能改变这一点吗 |
[30:19] | The sight of you in a wedding dress. | 你穿着婚纱的样子 |
[30:21] | America would go macadamia. As in nuts. | 美国人会为之着迷的 像疯了一样 |
[30:24] | No, no, I put it together. The answer’s still no. | 不 总而言之 答案还是不行 |
[30:27] | Okay, let’s just get the footage, | 我们就拍些镜头 |
[30:28] | and then we’ll sort it out in post. | 整理以后再发布出去 |
[30:30] | President Zaragoza, I agree this is a travesty. | 萨拉戈萨总统 我也认为这是场闹剧 |
[30:33] | Arizona won’t even let | 亚利桑那甚至不让 |
[30:34] | Mexican diplomats in to visit our citizens. | 墨西哥外交官进去探望我国公民 |
[30:37] | That’s unacceptable, and we will do everything | 这是不能接受的 我们会竭尽所能 |
[30:38] | in our power to help your people | 帮助你们 |
[30:39] | gain access as soon as possible. | 尽快取得探访权 |
[30:41] | I’m afraid until this outrage is ended | 恐怕在这场闹剧结束之前 |
[30:44] | it is not just our border security deal | 不仅我们的边境安全协定 |
[30:46] | that is off the table. | 要暂且搁置 |
[30:47] | Our entire relationship is at stake. | 我们的两国关系也岌岌可危 |
[30:50] | Mario… | 马里奥 |
[30:51] | I am sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:54] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[30:56] | I’d have reacted the same way. | 换作是我 我也会作出同样的反应 |
[30:59] | So, our border security deal is dead. | 所以 我们的边境安全协定胎死腹中了 |
[31:03] | And our vital trade agreements and a million others | 我们至关重要的贸易协定和其它许多 |
[31:06] | with our neighbors to the south are threatened. | 与南部相邻国的协定也危在旦夕 |
[31:09] | And every hour that passes | 孩子与父母分离的状况 |
[31:10] | with kids separated from their parents | 每延续一小时 |
[31:12] | lowers our standing in the world. | 就会降低我们在国际上的地位 |
[31:15] | Courts can’t help us, Congress won’t, | 法院帮不了我们 国会不会帮我们 |
[31:16] | and we are powerless to do a damn thing about it. | 我们对此无权干涉 |
[31:21] | Did I miss anything? | 我还漏了什么吗 |
[31:23] | Maybe one. | 也许还有一点 |
[31:24] | Lao-tzu said: | 老子曾说过 |
[31:26] | “An ant on the move does more than a dozing ox.” | 行动的蚂蚁比打盹的牛强 |
[31:31] | – What the hell does that mean? – If you can’t do everything, | -那是什么意思 -如果你不是无所不能 |
[31:33] | at least do something. Keep moving in the right direction. | 你至少得有所行动 向正确的方向一点点迈进 |
[31:36] | What do you have in mind, Henry? | 你有什么想法 亨利 |
[31:38] | Go down there, Mr. President. | 去到那儿 总统先生 |
[31:40] | Walk those Mexican officials | 您亲自带领墨西哥官员 |
[31:41] | into the detention center yourself. | 走进拘留中心 |
[31:45] | That… could open us up to accusations | 那样我们会被指控 |
[31:48] | of infringing on states’ rights. | 违反州权 |
[31:49] | That is… that is | 那是在 |
[31:50] | practically asking for a constitutional crisis. | 制造宪法危机 |
[31:54] | Look, I-I am as disgusted as any of you, | 我和你们每个人一样反感这件事 |
[31:56] | but I will throw my body | 但是我拼死也得阻止 |
[31:58] | – in front of that. – Well, then I’ll do it. | -这种做法 -那我来做 |
[32:02] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你听到我刚才说的了吗 |
[32:02] | Yes, and I’m not the president. | 听到了 我又不是总统 |
[32:05] | You might be ensuring that you never will be. | 你这可是给你成为总统的道路画上了句号 |
[32:08] | It’s-it’s domestic interference. | 这是国内干预 |
[32:10] | I’d be the Secretary of State working with our Mexican allies | 我会以国务卿的身份陪同我们的墨西哥同盟 |
[32:14] | to visit their own citizens. | 探望他们国家的公民 |
[32:16] | Advocating for foreign dignitaries on our soil… | 在我国领土上拥护外国高官 |
[32:19] | it’s not only a moral imperative, | 这不仅是道义上的做法 |
[32:20] | it’s a diplomatic one, as well. | 也是一种外交行为 |
[32:22] | Sounds very Secretary-of-Statey to me. | 在我看来 非常”国务卿” |
[32:26] | Mr. President, Governor Barker’s intentionally | 总统先生 巴克州长有意实施的 |
[32:29] | provocative policy deserves to be met | 挑衅政策应该受到 |
[32:32] | with an equally provocative response. | 同等挑衅的回击 |
[32:38] | – Madam Secretary? – Reunite the families! | -国务卿女士 -家人团聚 |
[32:39] | 亚利桑那洲拘留中心 亚利桑那洲 萨萨比 | |
[32:41] | Well, it’s not exactly the Hilton. | 显然这不是希尔顿酒店 |
[32:45] | Well, it would be different | 如果他们能跟父母在一起 |
[32:46] | if their parents were with them. | 一切都会变得不一样 |
[32:48] | Oh, God, this isn’t gonna be easy. | 天呐 这件事不容易解决 |
[32:50] | Nope, it’s not, ma’am, but you know what? | 是的 国务卿 但你知道吗 |
[32:52] | There’s no other place I would rather be. | 比起其它地方 我更愿意来这里 |
[32:55] | Reunite the families! | 家人团聚 |
[32:57] | You know, the second we’re done here, | 我们这边一结束 |
[32:59] | feel free to go see your dad. | 你就去见你的父亲吧 |
[33:00] | How far away is he again? | 他离这儿多远来着 |
[33:01] | Oh, Dad’s a couple hours in Aguila. | 他在离这儿几小时车程远的阿吉拉 |
[33:03] | Thank you, but I’ll probably take a rain check. | 谢谢 但是我会把机会留到下次 |
[33:04] | Madam Secretary. | 国务卿 |
[33:06] | Ambassador Lopez, you know Kat Sandoval. | 洛佩斯大使 你认识的 凯特·桑多瓦尔 |
[33:11] | I am here at the direction of President Zaragoza | 我奉萨拉戈萨总统的命令来这里 |
[33:13] | to look after the interests of my citizens. | 维护我国公民的利益 |
[33:15] | Of course. | 当然 |
[33:17] | Well, let’s do this. | 走吧 |
[33:20] | All right. | 好的 |
[33:22] | Good afternoon… Officer Keegan. | 下午好 基根警官 |
[33:26] | I’m Elizabeth McCord. | 我是伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[33:27] | This is Mexican Ambassador Rafael Lopez. | 这位是墨西哥大使 拉斐尔·洛佩斯 |
[33:31] | Well, how are you today? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[33:33] | I’m okay, ma’am, | 我很好 女士 |
[33:33] | – but I’m afraid… – That’s great. | -但是恐怕 -很好 |
[33:35] | I’m here to escort the ambassador inside the facility | 我来是陪同大使进入拘留中心 |
[33:38] | so that he can check on his citizens. | 看望他的公民 |
[33:41] | I’m afraid I’m not authorized to allow that, ma’am. | 恐怕我无权放行 女士 |
[33:43] | I wasn’t clear about that, either, and… | 我也不是很清楚 |
[33:46] | This is Kat Sandoval, my policy advisor. | 这位是凯特·桑多瓦尔 我的政策顾问 |
[33:49] | Kat, can you help us out here? | 凯特 你能帮我们解释一下吗 |
[33:50] | Hey there, Officer Keegan. | 你好 基根警官 |
[33:52] | It’s totally understandable that you wouldn’t be up to speed, | 由于州法律及联邦法律的不同 |
[33:54] | given the different state and federal laws. | 你无法快速掌握 这完全可以理解 |
[33:55] | It can be a little bit, you know… “Aah!”… confusing. | 这会有点令人困惑 |
[33:59] | However, under title 22 USC section 26-51, | 但根据《美国法典》第22卷第26-51节 |
[34:02] | “Foreign Nationals on U.S. Soil,” You must yield | “美国国土上的外国侨民” |
[34:05] | and allow entry immediately. | 你必须让路并立即放行 |
[34:08] | Yeah, and it literally says, “Immediately.” | 上面明确地写着”立即” |
[34:12] | Hey, Miller? | 米勒 |
[34:13] | I don’t think we want to get | 我们不希望 |
[34:15] | any of our bosses involved. | 把我们俩任何一个的上级牵扯进来 |
[34:17] | Right, Officer Keegan? | 对吗 基根警官 |
[34:23] | You’ll just need to surrender your phones. | 你们需要上交手机 |
[34:24] | – Great. Thank you. – Of course. | -好的 谢谢 -当然 |
[34:31] | Here’s a blast from your past. | 一份来自过去的愉快回忆 请查收 |
[34:33] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[34:35] | Okay, maybe not my strongest entrance, | 好吧 虽然这不是我最强势的登场 |
[34:36] | but I do come bearing gifts. | 但我是带着礼物来的 |
[34:39] | I realize I’m a little late with the baby present. | 我知道给宝宝的礼物来得有点迟 |
[34:42] | – What is he, five months now? – She. | -儿子多大了 五个月吗 -小女孩 |
[34:44] | And a year. | 一岁了 |
[34:48] | Well, then I guess it’s a birthday present. | 那这就是周岁礼物 |
[34:51] | And here’s a little something | 这是我带给杰伊的 |
[34:52] | I brought for Jay. | 一点小心意 |
[34:54] | I feel so bad about what happened. | 我对发生的事感到很抱歉 |
[34:56] | I’m not sure he believed I didn’t do it on purpose, | 我不确定他是否相信我不是故意的 |
[34:58] | but I-I swear, I am not a good enough | 但我发誓 我这个后卫还没有好到 |
[35:01] | defensive player to make that happen. | 能让他崴脚的地步 |
[35:02] | Yeah, I’m not entirely in the loop on this, | 我不清楚你们发生了什么 |
[35:03] | and I like it that way. | 我也不想知道 |
[35:05] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[35:07] | It’s just that earlier I was asking about the possibility | 之前我问过是否有机会 |
[35:10] | of a sit-down with the secretary, and… | 跟国务卿坐下来谈谈 |
[35:12] | Look, it’s kind of a busy day around here, | 今天这很忙 |
[35:13] | and y-you’re just gonna have to find someone else to lobby. | 你还是找别人游说吧 |
[35:16] | Well, can you just make sure he gets this then? | 那好吧 请你一定把这个篮子转交给他 |
[35:20] | It, uh, has some goodies in there | 里面有好东西 |
[35:23] | that’ll help with the pain. | 缓解疼痛的 |
[35:24] | Did you seriously bring a controlled substance | 你不会真的把违禁药物 |
[35:26] | into the State Department? | 带进国务院吧 |
[35:27] | Not for the first time, if you’ll recall. | 又不是第一次了 你好好想想 |
[35:29] | You know, when-when there was a lockdown, | 就那次 大楼紧急封锁的那次 |
[35:31] | and I got Matt high, and I found out | 我给马特来了点这玩意 这家伙嗨到 |
[35:33] | that you were cheating on me with him, and… | 把你跟他有一腿的事全盘拖出 |
[35:34] | Okay, I will. I will get this to Jay. | 行了 我会确保杰伊收到这个篮子 |
[35:37] | And I will tell him whatever it is I remember | 而且我会把你刚才说的 |
[35:39] | – of what you just said. – You’re a peach. | -都转告给他 -你真是个蜜桃可人 |
[35:42] | But… you-you know, like, a really smart one. | 不仅如此 你还是个聪明人 |
[35:45] | – Mm. – I’m sorry. | -嗯 -很抱歉 |
[35:45] | Maybe I shouldn’t have gone with a stone fruit. | 我可能不应该提起有核的水果 |
[35:47] | It… Uh… | 呃 |
[35:49] | All-all right, yeah. | 那就这样 |
[36:01] | In here. | 里面 |
[36:07] | Oh, my God. | 老天 |
[36:09] | Madre, Madre, quiero mi madre. | 妈妈 我要见我妈妈 |
[36:14] | How is this possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[36:16] | The great United States of America. | 这就是伟大的美国 |
[36:36] | Hey, excuse me? | 喂 打扰一下 |
[36:39] | Are you gonna change that boy’s diaper? | 你不给那男孩换个纸尿裤吗 |
[36:42] | I mean, I’m assuming he has one. | 如果现在他穿着纸尿裤的话 |
[36:44] | Child aides make rounds every three hours. | 儿童护理每三小时来查看一次 |
[36:48] | Three hours. | 三个小时 |
[36:51] | So you’re just gonna leave him like that? | 那你就这么任由他这样 |
[36:53] | ‘Cause, I mean, where are his clothes? I’ll change him myself. | 他的衣服呢 我亲自给他换 |
[36:56] | Ma’am, that’s not procedure. | 女士 这不合规矩 |
[36:58] | I don’t care about procedure. | 我不在乎什么规矩不规矩的 |
[37:00] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[37:10] | Hola. | 你好 |
[37:21] | – Daniel. – Daniel. | -丹尼尔 -丹尼尔 |
[37:37] | Daniel, no. | 丹尼尔 不要这么说 |
[37:52] | Secretary Elizabeth McCord, | 伊丽莎白·麦考德国务卿 |
[37:52] | you are trespassing on Arizona state property. | 你非法闯入了亚利桑那州的领地 |
[37:57] | Am I really? | 是吗 |
[37:59] | You tricked your way in here, | 你为了进来糊弄我们 |
[38:01] | grandstanding for the press | 又找媒体报道这场自我标榜的巡视 |
[38:03] | on your self-promotion tour, but you are a long way | 真是哗众取宠 但现在那个被你当做家的 |
[38:07] | from the federal swamp you call home. | 联邦沼泽已经鞭长莫及了 |
[38:12] | Well, Governor, if Washington, D.C. Is a swamp, | 州长 如果华盛顿特区是沼泽地的话 |
[38:17] | what’s this? | 那你这又是什么 |
[38:19] | It’s none of your business is what it is. | 这不关你的事 |
[38:21] | And there’s a sheriff out front | 警长已经拿着你的逮捕令 |
[38:22] | with a warrant for your arrest. | 在前门等候 |
[38:24] | Is he going to arrest Ambassador Lopez, as well? | 他也打算逮捕洛佩斯大使吗 |
[38:29] | Mr. Ambassador, I’m sorry you got dragged | 大使先生 很抱歉 因为国务卿的 |
[38:31] | into Madam Secretary’s | 公开宣传的噱头 |
[38:33] | little publicity stunt. | 你也要受牵连 |
[38:34] | I didn’t get dragged into anything. | 这不是受牵连 |
[38:36] | My government demands these innocent children get reunited | 我的政府严正要求让这些无辜的孩子 |
[38:39] | with their parents immediately. | 立即与父母团聚 |
[38:41] | Your government has no authority here, sir. | 你的政府在这没有权利 |
[38:45] | Neither does yours, ma’am. | 你的政府也没有 国务卿女士 |
[38:47] | I think the ambassador’s demand is on humanitarian grounds. | 我认为大使先生的要求是出于人道主义的立场 |
[38:51] | I don’t care if it’s on grounds of coffee. | 我管他是出于人道还是茶道 |
[38:54] | This is my state and my rules. | 我的地盘就得用我的规矩 |
[38:57] | Lucky for you, I’m feeling charitable today. | 算你们今天走运 我想发发慈悲 |
[39:01] | Y’all can exit peaceably | 你们可以选择平静地从后门出去 |
[39:03] | through the back without talking to any press, | 不和任何媒体说话 |
[39:05] | and I’ll let you leave this state without incident. | 我会保证你们平安无事的离开本州 |
[39:08] | Without incident? | 平安无事 |
[39:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:11] | Look around, Governor. | 看看周围 州长大人 |
[39:14] | We passed that. | 我们不接受您的好意了 |
[39:16] | I suggest you get moving | 我奉劝你 在我叫警长抓你之前 |
[39:17] | before I invite the good sheriff in here to come get you. | 你还是乖乖从后门走吧 |
[39:24] | Did you think you can intimidate me or shut me up? | 你觉得我会受你的恐吓而闭嘴吗 |
[39:34] | Don’t test Arizona justice, ma’am. | 不要以身试法 女士 |
[39:37] | Saint Francis said, | 圣弗朗西斯说过 |
[39:38] | “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light | 星星之火 |
[39:41] | – of a single candle.” – That’s right! | -可以燎原 -没错 |
[39:43] | If it took a visit from the Secretary of State | 如果国务卿女士是那个带来光明 |
[39:45] | to shine a light on the darkness inside this building, | 照亮这个阴暗角落的使者 |
[39:47] | then praise the Lord for sending her. | 那我们一起赞美主把她派到这里 |
[39:50] | And God bless and protect those children, | 上帝保佑那些无辜的孩子 |
[39:52] | our little brothers and sisters in the Lord’s kingdom. | 保佑他们在主的庇佑下免受磨难 |
[39:55] | Why did you come to Arizona, Madam Secretary? | 国务卿女士 你为什么要到亚利桑那州来 |
[39:57] | What did you see in there? | 你在里面看到了什么 |
[39:58] | Are the children being mistreated? | 孩子们被虐待了吗 |
[39:59] | What kind of care do they have in there? | 里面给孩子提供什么照顾 |
[40:00] | What do you hope to prove? | 你想证实什么 |
[40:02] | I came here to see for myself | 我到这来 |
[40:04] | and to help Ambassador Lopez see | 是想和洛佩斯大使亲自看一眼 |
[40:07] | what’s going on behind these walls. | 高墙之内到底发生了什么 |
[40:09] | What I saw is an affront to decency | 我看见的是对尊严的侵犯 |
[40:15] | and an assault on our country’s core values. | 对美国核心价值观的亵渎 |
[40:19] | Children separated from their parents, | 孩子们与父母分离 |
[40:23] | in cages, crying, terrified, | 他们被关在笼子里 哭喊着 恐惧着 |
[40:28] | lacking basic care. | 连最基本的照顾都没有 |
[40:32] | And the governor believes it’s a deterrent. | 州长却认为这么做对偷渡移民具有威慑力 |
[40:35] | – It’ll keep others… – Hi. | -能阻止他们寻求政治庇护 -喂 |
[40:36] | – Are you seeing this? -Yup. | -你在看吗 -是的 |
[40:38] | That’s your mom. | 这就是你老妈 |
[40:40] | But it is child abuse, | 但这是虐待儿童的行为 |
[40:42] | – plain and simple. – Ma’am? | -显而易见 -女士 |
[40:44] | – Yes! – No deterrent | -同意 -没有一种威慑力 |
[40:46] | – is worth trading our humanity. – That’s enough. | -值得用人权去换取 -说够了吧 |
[40:49] | No policy, no matter its goal, | 世界上 没有哪种政策 |
[40:53] | is worth lowering our moral standing | 无论出于何种目的 是以降低我们的 |
[40:56] | – in the world. – All right. | -道德标准为代价的 -够了 |
[40:57] | Nothing can justify harming children. | 虐待儿童 天理不容 |
[40:59] | Ma’am, you are on state property. | 女士 你可是在亚利桑那州的领地上 |
[41:01] | And the governor wants me to shut up. | 而你们的州长要我闭嘴 |
[41:04] | Yes. | 正是 |
[41:05] | But I won’t, because what he’s doing | 但我不会 因为他的所作所为 |
[41:08] | is immoral and un-American, | 是不道德的 是违背美国价值观的 |
[41:10] | and every American needs to know about it. | 每个美国人都必须认识到这一点 |
[41:15] | Elizabeth McCord | 伊丽莎白·麦考德 |
[41:17] | you are under arrest | 你由于 |
[41:17] | for criminal trespass in the first degree | 一级非法擅自闯入他人领地被捕了 |
[41:20] | – in violation of section 13… – No. | -你触犯了第13章 -不 |
[41:22] | – No! No! – …-1504. | -不 -第1504条 |
[41:26] | Well… | 好吧 |
[41:29] | if desperate asylum-seekers | 如果绝望的政治避难寻求者 |
[41:32] | aren’t free from being | 在亚利桑那州 |
[41:33] | detained unfairly | 不能从非法拘禁中 |
[41:36] | in this state, | 获得释放 恢复自由 |
[41:38] | why should I? | 我愿把牢底坐穿 |
[41:40] | Take her in, Trooper. | 州警 把她抓起来 |
[41:42] | Please. | 请别 |
[41:43] | It’s okay, Jared. It’s okay. | 没关系 杰瑞德 |
[41:49] | Officer Stevens. | 史蒂文斯警官 |
[41:51] | Uh, if you could please turn around and put your hands | 如果可以的话 请你转过身去 |
[41:53] | – behind your back? – Okay. | -把手放背后 -好的 |
[41:56] | I’m guessing this isn’t how you thought your day would go. | 你大概没想到今天当值会摊上这种事 |
[41:59] | No, ma’am. | 的确 女士 |
[42:00] | Take the protestors, too. | 把抗议者也抓起来 |
[42:02] | You’re under arrest. | 你们被捕了 |
[42:06] | Has anything like this ever happened before? | 像这样的事以前也发生过吗 |
[42:08] | Not in the United States. | 在美国从来没有过 |
[42:09] | No. Not here. | 没有过 |
[42:13] | Never. | 从来没有过 |
[42:15] | Reunite families! | 家庭重聚 |
[42:17] | – Okay. – Reunite families! | -好的 -家庭重聚 |