时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Contact Potomac Approach on 335.5. | 呼叫波托马克 请进入335.5航线 |
[00:10] | Roger. Descend and maintain 10,000, | 收到 下降并保持10,000 |
[00:12] | heading 2-7-0. | 航向2-7-0 |
[00:14] | Pushing approach 335.5. | 正在航向335.5航线 |
[00:19] | All right, Henry, you have the aircraft. | 亨利 你来操纵 |
[00:23] | Roger that. I have the aircraft. | 收到 我来操纵 |
[00:26] | You want to try a break turn to the right? | 你想要尝试一下往右急转吗 |
[00:28] | Roger that. | 收到 |
[00:35] | Great flying with you, Squatch. | 与你一起飞行非常棒 大毛 |
[00:37] | You, too, Henry. | 彼此彼此 亨利 |
[00:38] | Hey, what was your call sign back in the day? | 你以前的呼号是什么 |
[00:40] | “Prophet,” Which sounds kind of cool, | “先知” 听着还挺酷 |
[00:42] | but it was not given for cool reasons, believe me. | 不过跟你保证这名字的由来可一点都不酷 |
[00:44] | Yeah, they never are. | 当然 从来都是这样 |
[00:46] | Hairy feet, hence “Squatch.” | 我的脚丫子上有毛 所以我叫”大毛” |
[00:49] | But hey, anything beats “Friggin’ New Guy,” Right? | 不过怎么也比”该死的新人”要好听对吧 |
[00:51] | Right. | 没错 |
[00:51] | Hey, Congressman. | 你好 众议员 |
[00:52] | Welcome back. Thanks. | 欢迎回来 谢谢 |
[00:54] | My friends, this is an exciting time. | 朋友们 这是个激动人心的时刻 |
[00:56] | The prototype F-40 fighter, | 今天你们中的有些人 |
[00:58] | which some of you folks have been lucky enough | 非常幸运地试乘了 |
[01:00] | to take a ride in today | F-40战斗机的样机 |
[01:02] | is the future of our nation’s air defense. | 它是我国空中防御的未来 |
[01:06] | And thanks to the extraordinary capabilities of the F-40, | 感谢F-40卓越的性能 |
[01:10] | that future looks bright indeed. | 我们的未来一片光明 |
[01:12] | Thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你们的到来 |
[01:14] | Now let’s enjoy ourselves. | 请大家随意 |
[01:21] | You miss it, right? | 你非常怀念飞行时光吧 |
[01:22] | Oh, brother, more than I want to admit. | 老兄 比我承认的还要厉害得多 |
[01:25] | I can’t wait to get up there. | 我迫不及待想要飞上去 |
[01:29] | Hey, how’s the plane? | 飞机怎么样 |
[01:31] | Uh, you’ll see. | 你会体验到的 |
[01:33] | I mean, some stuff is incredible. | 有些东西让人难以置信 |
[01:36] | But, uh, in terms of actual speed and maneuverability, | 不过说到速度和灵活性 |
[01:40] | eh, it’s kind of a brick. | 有点失望 |
[01:45] | Some part of that brick is being manufactured in every district | 这失望里的某些零件是这里每个政客所属的 |
[01:48] | of every politician in this place, including mine. | 每个选区里生产的 也包括我的选区 |
[01:51] | So if he comes over here, do a Marine brother a favor | 因此如果他过来 看在同是海军陆战队 |
[01:56] | and smile, would you? | 队员的份上 给点笑脸 |
[01:59] | Sure, Jeff. | 没问题 杰夫 |
[02:01] | Bess. | 贝丝 |
[02:03] | We’re, uh, having an issue with the F-40, | 对于F-40我们遇到点问题 |
[02:06] | and we could use your help. | 需要你的帮助 |
[02:07] | Well, I hope it isn’t too big of an issue, | 希望不是什么大问题 |
[02:10] | because Henry’s flying in one as we speak. | 因为此时此刻亨利就坐在一架里面飞呢 |
[02:13] | Nothing like that. | 不是这样的问题 |
[02:14] | The F-40’s an excellent plane. | F-40是非常棒的飞机 |
[02:16] | – Oh, good. – As you know, | -那就好 -如你所知 |
[02:18] | ten years ago, DOD placed an initial order of 80 F-40s | 十年前 国防部向F-40的生产厂家 |
[02:21] | from their manufacturer Fossor Industries. | 福斯尔工业首次订购了八十架 |
[02:28] | We just received Fossor’s latest budget estimate. | 我们刚刚接到福斯尔工业最新的费用估算 |
[02:31] | In order to manufacture the 80 planes and make it | 为了能在双方同意的时间内交付八十架飞机 |
[02:33] | economically feasible during the agreed-upon timeline, | 同时还能在商业上有利可图 |
[02:37] | Fossor needs to make an even hundred. | 福斯尔需要生产一百架才行 |
[02:39] | And, uh, how much do the extra 20 cost? | 那么这多出来的二十架要多少钱 |
[02:42] | $3.6 billion. | 三十六亿美元 |
[02:48] | We’re really gonna let them shake down | 我们真的就容忍他们 |
[02:50] | the federal government like that? | 这样敲诈联邦政府吗 |
[02:51] | No, I wouldn’t call it a shakedown. | 我不想称之为敲诈 |
[02:54] | These types of cost overruns | 类似这种成本超支 |
[02:55] | are a feature of defense contracting. | 是防务合同中的正常现象 |
[02:57] | Plus, the different components | 此外 F-40上各种不同部件 |
[02:58] | of the F-40 are assembled in 40% | 来自于百分之四十的 |
[03:00] | of all congressional districts nationwide. | 全国各个议会选区 |
[03:03] | Which partly explains the cost overruns, | 这可以部分地解释为何超支 |
[03:05] | because logistically, that makes absolutely no sense. | 因为从物流的角度来说这绝对不合逻辑 |
[03:11] | But politically, it makes all kinds of sense. | 但是从政治的角度 这完全合理 |
[03:13] | They are the largest defense contractor | 他们是全球最大的 |
[03:16] | in the world, so to answer your question, | 防务合同厂家 所以回答你提出的问题 |
[03:19] | yes, we really are going to let them shake us down like that. | 不错 我们要容忍他们如此敲诈我们 |
[03:22] | I-I wouldn’t call it a shakedown, sir. | 总统先生 我不想称之为敲诈 |
[03:26] | Where do I come in? | 那要我怎么帮忙 |
[03:27] | We need to find a home for those extra 20 jets, | 我们需要为这多出来的二十架飞机 |
[03:30] | somewhere among our friends and allies. | 在我们的友邦和盟友中找个下家 |
[03:32] | And we need to do it fast. | 而且要快 |
[03:33] | You are no doubt aware of our pending sale | 你一定知道我们与台湾 |
[03:36] | of military equipment to Taiwan. | 即将开展的军售 |
[03:39] | We were thinking of adding the F-40s to that package. | 我们想的是在那一揽子里加上F-40 |
[03:41] | We need State to perform an expedited review | 我们需要国务院加急审核 |
[03:43] | of the proposed sale. | 这个销售提议 |
[03:44] | We need you to convince Taiwan that buying the jets | 我们需要你说服台湾购买这些战斗机 |
[03:47] | would be in their strategic interest. | 符合他们的战略利益 |
[03:50] | All due respect, sir, | 恕我直言 总统先生 |
[03:52] | it isn’t in their strategic interest, or ours. | 这既不符合他们的战略利益也不符合我们的 |
[03:57] | China’s already angry about the existing arms sale. | 中国已经对现有的军售非常恼火了 |
[04:00] | It’s pro forma posturing. It happens every time. | 这不过是做个姿态 每次都是这样 |
[04:03] | Sure, but you tack on 20 next-gen fighter jets | 不错 但是你扔进二十架 |
[04:06] | that can reach Beijing in an hour? | 一小时就能飞到北京的下一代战斗机 |
[04:08] | Oh, closer to an hour and a half. | 要接近一个半小时 |
[04:10] | – What, I… – The F-40’s a little logy. | -什么 我… -F-40是有点慢 |
[04:12] | It’s an excellent plane, Russell. | F-40是非常好的飞机 拉塞尔 |
[04:13] | Regardless, China will see this as a major provocation. | 无论如何 中国都会视把它作重大的挑衅 |
[04:17] | Not only could they respond militarily, | 他们不仅会在军事上做出反应 |
[04:20] | but they could also pull out | 而且他们还会退出 |
[04:22] | of the Fair Work and Trade Agreement, | 公平劳动与贸易协议 |
[04:24] | which we are this close to signing, | 本来我们已经就差这么一点就可以签署了 |
[04:26] | and which will protect the health and safety of literally | 而这个协议可以保护世界各地数以百万的 |
[04:30] | millions of workers around the world. | 劳动者的健康与安全 |
[04:31] | The F-40 is the lynchpin of our entire airborne military posture | F-40是未来几十年我们整个 |
[04:35] | for decades to come, so it has to come first. | 空中军事优势的核心 所以要优先考虑 |
[04:39] | I understand, sir. | 我明白 总统先生 |
[04:43] | I’ll have my department | 我会让国务院 |
[04:45] | do a top secret feasibility review ASAP. | 立即做一个绝密的可行性审核 |
[04:48] | But… of course, I-I can’t guarantee a specific outcome. | 但是… 我没办法保证结果 |
[04:53] | – We hear you, Bess. – Totally get it. | -这我们理解 贝丝 -完全明白 |
[04:58] | That’ll be all. | 就这样吧 |
[05:01] | Mr. President. | 那就失陪了 总统先生 |
[05:10] | Matt. | 马特 |
[05:11] | Whoa– what? What? | 什么事 |
[05:13] | – Here. – Okay. | -接着 -好 |
[05:15] | Waffles. Oh, buddy. | 华夫 我的伙计 |
[05:19] | You’re in a little Waffles cone. | 你还戴个华夫狗狗项圈 |
[05:22] | It’s not funny. | 这没什么好玩的 |
[05:23] | – Oh, it is a little funny. – Not to me. | -这个有点意思 -对我来说一点都不好玩 |
[05:25] | Because I had to take him to the 24-hour vet | 因为我早上五点半就带他去了 |
[05:26] | 5:30 in the morning. | 二十四小时宠物诊所 |
[05:28] | Joanna threw a toy from her high chair and scratched his cornea. | 乔安娜从婴儿椅上扔个玩具划伤了他的角膜 |
[05:31] | – What? – So for the next three days at work, | -什么 -未来三天在办公室 |
[05:33] | you need to give him these drops every three hours, | 你要每隔三小时给他滴眼药水 |
[05:38] | – Uh-huh. – ?This pain pill every four hours, | -哦 -还有每四小时喂止疼药 |
[05:41] | – Uh-huh. ?And this antibiotic every six hours, with food. | -哦 -还有每六小时和食物一起喂消炎药 |
[05:45] | – Got it? – Great. ?- Wait. | -听明白了吗 -很好 -等等 |
[05:47] | Why me? | 干嘛要我来干 |
[05:48] | Because you know my mom only does babysitting, | 因为你知道我妈妈只负责看孩子 |
[05:51] | not doggie daycare, but the dog walker | 不管照顾狗 而负责遛狗的人 |
[05:53] | won’t give him the medication for insurance reasons, | 基于保险的原因不能给他上药 |
[05:55] | so that means that I have to bring him here. | 所以我就只能带他来上班 |
[05:56] | But I am neck-deep in messaging on the Fair Work | 然而我已经被公平劳动与贸易协议的事 |
[05:58] | and Trade Agreement and I need to focus. | 整得快崩溃了 我需要集中精力 |
[06:00] | Oh, yeah, and because when I adopted Waffles, | 对了 还有因为我在收养华夫时 |
[06:02] | you said you’d help. | 你说过你会帮忙 |
[06:03] | Hey, I do help. I play ball with him in the park. | 我帮忙了啊 我在公园里和他玩球啊 |
[06:05] | That’s not help, that’s fun. | 那不叫帮忙 那叫玩耍 |
[06:06] | This is help. So, help. | 这才叫帮忙 所以帮忙吧 |
[06:08] | Okay, okay. I’m on it. Geez. | 行行行 我来做 好家伙 |
[06:11] | Oh, Mommy got all upset, didn’t she? Yes, she did. | 妈咪很生气 是不是啊 是的 |
[06:15] | Now, you be a good boy till I come back, okay? | 你要乖乖地等我回来 好不好啊 |
[06:17] | Remember: with food. | 记住了 要跟食物一起吃 |
[06:21] | To conclude, | 总结一下 |
[06:21] | I think the best strategy is to get | 我认为最佳的战略是 |
[06:23] | the Fair Work and Trade Agreement wrapped up, | 把公平劳动与贸易协议 |
[06:25] | finally, and as quickly as possible, | 最终敲定 而且是越快越好 |
[06:29] | and to lock in all the gains we can | 把所有我们能获得的好处都锁定 |
[06:32] | before China gets wind of | 这一切都要在中国听说我们把F-40 |
[06:34] | the potential sale of the F-40s. | 卖给台湾的风声之前完成 |
[06:37] | Obviously, that means keep a tight circle. | 不用说 这意味着要严格封锁消息 |
[06:40] | Meanwhile, I’d like all relevant departments | 同时 我需要各个相关部门 |
[06:42] | to get their recommendations on the sale | 在本周末把各自关于销售的建议 |
[06:44] | to my office by the end of the week | 提交到我办公室 |
[06:45] | so we can make a determination to pass on to the White House. | 以便我们可以决定后交给白宫 |
[06:48] | Sound good? | 可以吧 |
[06:52] | Gary, does Political-Military Affairs have concerns? | 加里 政治军事事务局有什么意见吗 |
[06:58] | Um, I mean, don’t you? | 难道您没有吗 |
[07:01] | Many, which I have expressed to POTUS, | 很多意见 我也已经向总统反映了 |
[07:04] | yet here we are. | 但是我们还是要这样做 |
[07:06] | – Wow. – Uh, you’re welcome to share yours. | -真不可思议 -你有意见可以提 |
[07:10] | Well, for starters, the shortest road to World War III | 首先 台湾海峡很可能是我们走向 |
[07:14] | probably runs through the Taiwan Strait. | 第三次世界大战的最短路径 |
[07:17] | So, there’s that. | 就是这样 |
[07:20] | China has been increasingly overt | 中国一直在大张旗鼓地 |
[07:22] | in its effort to force Taiwan into reintegrating, yes. | 努力促使台湾早日回归 没错 |
[07:24] | Which Taiwan resists, in part, because they know there is | 某种程度上 台湾不愿意回归 |
[07:27] | at least an implied promise of U.S. support. | 因为他们觉得至少有美国在暗中支持他们 |
[07:30] | And we maintain the status quo through the problematic | 而我们采取的战略模糊政策漏洞百出 |
[07:34] | but effective policy of strategic ambiguity. | 但却行之有效地维持了现状 |
[07:38] | Right. We-we know. | 是的 我们知道 |
[07:39] | So what’s your point? | 所以 你的观点是什么 |
[07:41] | That. That is my point. | 刚才说的就是我的观点 |
[07:44] | It-it… | 这… |
[07:45] | It’s a very delicate balance here and-and it’s… hmm. | 这是一种非常脆弱的平衡而且… |
[07:51] | L-Look, | 你们看 |
[07:52] | does Taiwan want an effective military deterrent? Of course. | 台湾想拥有高效的军事威慑力吗 当然想 |
[07:56] | But they don’t want to annoy China into actually | 但他们并不想惹恼中国导致武力收复台湾 |
[07:58] | invading them, which is exactly what this deal could do. | 而这笔交易恰恰会造成这样的后果 |
[08:00] | So you’re saying Taiwan may not want the F-40s. | 你是说台湾可能不想要F-40战斗机 |
[08:04] | Not “May not,” Ma’am. | 不是”可能不要” 国务卿女士 |
[08:06] | Definitely won’t. | 是肯定不会要 |
[08:07] | Then perhaps, as we do from time to time, | 那我们能不能像以前一样 |
[08:10] | we incentivize the purchase. A loan to offset the costs. | 用物质来鼓励购买 用贷款来抵消成本 |
[08:13] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 没问题 |
[08:16] | We’ll get to work drafting a proposal. | 我们要起草一份提案 |
[08:19] | Super. Blake will liaise with your department on that. | 好 布莱克在这件事上负责与你们联络 |
[08:21] | And I don’t disagree with you, Gary. | 我还是不同意 加里 |
[08:24] | State will give POTUS an honest assessment | 国务院会如实评估这笔交易的潜在影响 |
[08:28] | of the potential impact of the deal, | 然后把结果交给总统 |
[08:31] | and hopefully, that’ll be the end of it. | 希望这件事可以就此结束 |
[08:33] | But at the end of the day, we serve at the pleasure. | 但是在这件事结束之前 我们乐意效劳 |
[08:37] | Understood, ma’am. | 明白 国务卿女士 |
[08:38] | Good. Thanks, everybody. | 好 谢谢大家 |
[08:42] | We’re giving Taiwan money | 我们把钱给台湾让他们去买 |
[08:42] | to buy jets they don’t want | 他们不想要的喷气式战机 |
[08:44] | because we don’t want them, either? | 是因为我们也不想要这些战机 |
[08:45] | It makes sense once you accept that it doesn’t. | 只要你觉得有道理它就是有道理的 |
[08:48] | Talk about strategic ambiguity. | 完美诠释了战略模糊性 |
[08:50] | This town’s built on it. | 这地方就是以它为基础建立起来的 |
[08:52] | Buy me a drink sometime and I’ll explain | 下次你请我喝东西我告诉你 |
[08:54] | how untrammeled corporate | 肆无忌惮的财团 |
[08:55] | greed distorts our foreign policy | 如何贪婪地扭曲我们的外交政策 |
[08:57] | and will one day lead to the collapse of the United States | 也许有一天这会让整个美国分崩离析 |
[09:00] | and very probably, civilization writ large. | 而且很有可能 整个文明也会因此毁于一旦 |
[09:03] | Sounds fun. | 听起来很有意思 |
[09:06] | Okay. Later. | 好吧 回见 |
[09:09] | See you. | 再见 |
[09:14] | Hey, babe. | 亲爱的 |
[09:16] | Hey, how was your joyride? | 你的快乐飞行感觉如何 |
[09:18] | Was it joyful? | 开心吗 |
[09:19] | Did you have a joyful ride? | 飞得过瘾吗 |
[09:20] | It was so great. | 简直太棒了 |
[09:22] | Uh-huh. I mean, like I told Jeff, the plane’s kind of a brick, | 就像我跟杰夫说的 这架飞机有点失望 |
[09:25] | but it was fantastic being up there again. | 但是我又可以飞上天简直太美妙了 |
[09:29] | Well, I’m glad you had fun, because waiting for you | 我很高兴你玩得开心 因为在地面等你 |
[09:32] | on the ground was a real treat for me. | 对我来说也是难得的享受 |
[09:38] | Bed. | 睡觉了 |
[09:39] | Hey, why do you say that the F-40 is a brick? | 为什么你说F-40让人失望 |
[09:43] | Well, to be fair, there’s a lot of impressive aspects– | 凭良心说 它有很多令人惊叹的地方 |
[09:46] | the avionics, the sensor suite. | 电子设备 传感装置 |
[09:48] | Like, if a bandit locks you up… | 如果有强盗把你锁上… |
[09:50] | – Back to English, honey. – Uh, sorry. | -说人话 亲爱的 -抱歉 |
[09:52] | Basically, it has all these bells and whistles, | 基本上 它有很多花俏的配件 |
[09:56] | like stealth technology, but they had to give up | 比如隐形技术 但是他们必须牺牲很多性能 |
[09:59] | a lot of performance to cram it all in there. | 才能把这么多功能都集成在一起 |
[10:01] | Plus, they’re trying to make one fighter jet to meet the needs | 而且 他们还在尝试制造一种战斗机 |
[10:03] | of three different branches of the military. | 来满足三个不同军种的需求 |
[10:05] | It’s kind of like a fighter by committee. | 这会为了平衡各方需求而牺牲某些重要性能 |
[10:08] | That’s a ringing endorsement. | 这可真是非常认可啊 |
[10:11] | Too slow to fight, too big to fail. | 用来打仗太慢 淘汰代价太大 |
[10:18] | Yes? | 喂 |
[10:22] | Evening, Minister Chen. This is a surprise. | 晚上好 陈部长 真是个惊喜啊 |
[10:26] | “Surprise” Is indeed an apt word, Madam Secretary. | “惊喜”这个词恰如其分 国务卿女士 |
[10:30] | China had already made its extreme displeasure | 中国早已向华盛顿清楚地表明了 |
[10:32] | over your proposed arms sale to the breakaway province | 对于你们提议向要求独立的台湾省 |
[10:34] | of Taiwan quite clear to Washington. | 出售武器的极度不满 |
[10:37] | But now we learn that you plan | 但现在我们得知你们还打算要 |
[10:39] | to add insult to injury. | 雪上加霜 |
[10:41] | Uh, I’m not sure that I follow, Ming. | 我没听明白你是什么意思 明 |
[10:44] | If you attempt to sell Taiwan | 只要你们敢卖给台湾 |
[10:45] | even one F-40 fighter… | 一架F-40战斗机… |
[10:49] | China will regard that | 中国就会把这看作 |
[10:50] | as a grave provocation and respond accordingly. | 严重挑衅并采取相应的行动 |
[10:53] | Ming, I don’t know where you heard… | 明 我不知道你从哪里听说 |
[10:54] | To begin with… | 首先… |
[10:56] | we will suspend our participation | 我们会暂停 |
[10:58] | in the Fair Work and Trade Agreement. More to the point, | 加入《公平劳动与贸易协定》 |
[11:01] | we will prepare ourselves militarily | 并且 我们会在军事上做好准备 |
[11:03] | against this dire threat to Chinese sovereignty. | 来反抗这种对中国主权的严重威胁 |
[11:06] | I warn you, Madam Secretary, | 我警告你 国务卿女士 |
[11:08] | you are crossing a red line. | 你越过警戒线了 |
[11:15] | How the hell did China find out about | 中国到底怎么会这么快就发现 |
[11:17] | the F-40 sale to Taiwan so quick? | 我们要把F-40卖给台湾的 |
[11:19] | Mr. President, NSA intercepted | 总统先生 国安局拦截到中国官员 |
[11:22] | communications between Chinese officials | 之间的通信引用了 |
[11:25] | referencing an internal State Department memo | 国务院内部的 |
[11:28] | generated by the Bureau | 由政治军事事务局 |
[11:30] | of Political-Military Affairs. | 发出来的备忘录 |
[11:34] | So you’re saying the leak came from my shop? | 所以消息是从我这边泄露出去的 |
[11:37] | Certainly appears that way. | 看起来确实如此 |
[11:39] | DOJ and FBI is opening an investigation | 国土安全局和联邦调查局正在展开调查 |
[11:41] | to find the source. | 寻找消息源 |
[11:43] | We’d appreciate your cooperation, Madam Secretary. | 我们非常感谢您的配合 国务卿女士 |
[11:46] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[11:47] | My department’s at your disposal, | 你们可以随便调查 |
[11:48] | whatever you want. | 我的部门 |
[11:50] | We, uh, have to stay away from it. | 我们必须保持距离 |
[11:52] | So the investigation stays free of any political interference. | 这样调查才能免受任何政治干扰 |
[11:56] | Yes, clearly. | 是的 明白 |
[11:57] | We’re only talking a few dozen potential suspects here. | 我们只能将嫌疑锁定在几十个人之内 |
[12:00] | Whoever it is might be close to home. | 不管是谁都跟内部关系密切 |
[12:05] | You sure it’ll be so clear then? | 所以这就很明显了 |
[12:06] | Yeah, Russell, I am. Do you have a suspect? | 是的 拉塞尔 你们有嫌疑对象吗 |
[12:09] | We do. | 我们有 |
[12:11] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:12] | Meanwhile, we’ll, uh, move forward with the sale | 与此同时 我们还是会继续推进 |
[12:14] | of the jets to Taiwan. | 把喷气式战机卖给台湾的事情 |
[12:16] | Mr. President, I can tell when Chen is posturing. | 总统先生 我能看出陈部长是否在故作姿态 |
[12:19] | Tonight, he was not. | 今晚 他没有 |
[12:20] | Neither am I. | 我也没有 |
[12:22] | China doesn’t get to infiltrate the top echelon | 中国不能渗透进我们政府的 |
[12:24] | of our government and then turn around | 顶级梯队以后又回过头 |
[12:26] | and say that we’re not playing fair. | 指责我们不讲规矩 |
[12:27] | It demands a tough response. | 我们得给出强硬回应 |
[12:28] | I understand that, but I’m just saying | 我明白 但我的意思是 |
[12:30] | that there could be repercussions. | 他们可能会反击 |
[12:32] | There always are. | 他们一直如此 |
[12:36] | That’s all. | 到此为止 |
[12:55] | Not in trouble, am I? | 我没惹什么麻烦吧 |
[12:56] | Well, I think under those circumstances… | 我觉得在这种情况下… |
[12:58] | Ma’am? | 国务卿女士 |
[12:59] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[13:00] | Yeah. Blake, thanks for coming in. | 是的 布莱克 谢谢你过来 |
[13:02] | These are Special Agents Smalls and Brock from the FBI. | 这两位是联调局的特别探员斯莫尔斯和布洛克 |
[13:06] | They just want to ask you a few questions. | 他们只是想问你几个问题 |
[13:07] | Please, have a seat, Mr. Moran. | 请坐 莫兰先生 |
[13:11] | O-Okay. | 好的 |
[13:12] | I’m not just there for the good times. | 我不是只在顺利的时候支持她 |
[13:15] | It’s like, I-I pitch in whenever she asks me to. | 我会在她需要的任何时候积极参与 |
[13:19] | It’s like, how am I supposed to know | 但是如果她不告诉我 |
[13:20] | that-that she needs help if she doesn’t speak to me? | 我怎么会知道她需要帮助 |
[13:24] | It’s like, you know, hello? | 就好像 你懂的 |
[13:27] | I’m not a mind reader. | 我又不会读心术 |
[13:29] | I mean, I get that she’s got a lot on her plate, | 我是说 我知道她已经够忙的了 |
[13:31] | but I’m-I’m pretty busy, too. | 但是我也很忙 |
[13:33] | You know? You know? | 你知道吗 |
[13:36] | I’m either… calling Captain Ronnie | 我还要在凌晨 |
[13:38] | crazy early in the morning, | 打电话给罗尼上尉 |
[13:41] | crazy late at night in Korea, | 而韩国那时是深夜 |
[13:43] | it’s just– it’s exhausting. | 这真是让人筋疲力尽 |
[13:47] | There’s more than one side to the story, | 故事不止一面 |
[13:51] | is all I’m trying to say. | 这就是我要说的 |
[13:54] | Oh, look. | 看啊 |
[13:56] | It’s first thing in the morning, and I’m already tired. | 我才刚开始工作 就已经累了 |
[14:01] | Listen, buddy, I’m gonna… | 听着 伙计 我要… |
[14:04] | just close my eyes for a hot sec. | 闭会儿眼睛 |
[14:07] | Before the day gets going, so… | 在这一天开始之前 所以… |
[14:10] | If you want to cuddle with me… | 如果你想靠着我… |
[14:20] | – Catch up with you guys in a minute. – Sure. | -我一会儿去找你们 -好的 |
[14:26] | Matt! | 马特 |
[14:29] | You got to stop doing that. | 你不能再这样了 |
[14:30] | I thought you had him. | 我以为他在你这儿 |
[14:31] | I thought I had him, too. | 我也以为他在我这儿 |
[14:33] | – Bad dog. – No. Bad you. | -狗不乖 -不 是你不好 |
[14:36] | Careful. | 小心点 |
[14:40] | Not cool, little dude. | 这样不好 小家伙 |
[14:41] | Not cool. | 这样不好 |
[14:43] | The evidence points to the leaker | 证据表明泄密者 |
[14:44] | being someone from Pol-Mil. | 是政治军事事务处的人 |
[14:46] | Currently, our prime suspect | 目前 我们的主要嫌疑人 |
[14:47] | is Deputy Assistant Secretary Martin. | 是副助理部长马丁 |
[14:51] | You think Gary Martin is a spy? | 你觉得加里·马丁是间谍吗 |
[14:55] | I’m sorry, that just seems a bit, uh… far-fetched. | 抱歉 就是感觉有点… 离奇 |
[14:59] | How would you describe your relationship | 你如何描述你和副部长 |
[15:00] | with the undersecretary, Mr. Moran? | 之间的关系 莫兰先生 |
[15:04] | Um… we’ve worked on a few projects together, | 我们一起合作了几个项目 |
[15:07] | so, friendly, I guess. | 所以 我觉得是友好的 |
[15:08] | I mean, as friendly as you can be with a professional grouch. | 就是尽可能友好地对待不满意的专业人士 |
[15:11] | – So you would say he’s disgruntled? – Uh, no. | -你觉得他不满意吗 -不 |
[15:14] | No, I-I don’t mean that. | 不 我不是那个意思 |
[15:15] | I think that… | 我觉得… |
[15:16] | He has a long and well-documented history | 他一直以来都对 |
[15:18] | of fierce criticism of U.S. Foreign policy. | 美国外交政策进行强烈批评 |
[15:20] | Just as I’m sure long-time DOJ hands | 我相信 一直以来司法部 |
[15:21] | have criticism of U.S. Criminal justice policy. | 对美国刑事司法政策也会提出批评 |
[15:24] | And numerous personal contacts within the Chinese military | 并且他与中国军方及情报机构 |
[15:27] | and intelligence establishment. | 有很多个人接触 |
[15:28] | Yes, that-that’s his job. | 是的 那是他的工作 |
[15:30] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:31] | Blake, I admire Gary, too. | 布莱克 我也很欣赏加里 |
[15:34] | But the bottom line is that his office | 但底线是从他的办公室 |
[15:37] | generated a highly classified memo that… | 生成的高度机密的备忘录… |
[15:41] | in less than a single day, found its way | 在不到一天的时间里 |
[15:44] | into the hands of the Chinese. | 就到了中国人的手里 |
[15:45] | I offered my department’s support of this investigation | 我代表我的部门支持这次调查 |
[15:49] | because it represents a grave threat | 因为这严重威胁到了 |
[15:51] | to our national security. | 我们的国家安全 |
[15:54] | But you’re not obligated to participate, so… | 但你没有义务参与 所以… |
[15:57] | if you don’t want to do so, you’re free to go. | 如果你不想配合 你可以离开了 |
[16:07] | You know, every time I passed by this place, | 每次我经过这个地方 |
[16:08] | I thought it was out of business. | 我都以为这地方关门了 |
[16:10] | Possibly condemned. | 可能被宣告违法 |
[16:12] | No, just defiantly un-yuppified. | 不 只是肯定不是嬉皮风格 |
[16:15] | Old-school. | 老派 |
[16:16] | You could smoke in here until, like, last year. | 直到去年 你都可以在这里抽烟 |
[16:19] | Evening, guys. Get you started with a cocktail? | 晚上好 先给你们来点鸡尾酒吗 |
[16:21] | No thanks, they don’t make me those anymore. | 不 谢谢 他们不让我再喝那些了 |
[16:23] | Ginger ale, please. | 请给我姜汁汽水 |
[16:25] | Uh, can I see your wine list? | 呃 我能看看你们的酒单吗 |
[16:30] | Yeah. I’ll have a martini with, | 那 我要一杯马提尼酒配上 |
[16:33] | uh, your least-worst vodka. | 你们最不差的伏特加 |
[16:35] | Sure. | 好的 |
[16:37] | Gary, | 加里 |
[16:39] | why did you say we should get a drink | 既然你不喝酒 |
[16:40] | if you don’t drink? | 为什么你说我们应该喝一杯 |
[16:42] | It’s a thing people say. | 这就是人们常说的 |
[16:43] | Let’s cut to the chase. | 我们直奔主题吧 |
[16:45] | No one from work wants to hang out with me socially. | 同事们都不想和我有任何社交 |
[16:48] | Ever. | 从来都是 |
[16:49] | Go figure. | 想想看吧 |
[16:51] | So, my guess is that the Secretary sent you here | 所以 我猜是国务卿派你来 |
[16:55] | to find something out. | 探听一些事情 |
[16:57] | Sound about right? | 是这样吧 |
[17:02] | Gary, don’t you think you’re being | 加里 你不觉得你 |
[17:03] | just a little… paranoid here? | 只是一点点… 妄想狂 |
[17:15] | Castle, this is Ranger. | 城堡 我是游骑兵 |
[17:17] | We’re inside the apartment. | 我们进入公寓了 |
[17:19] | That’s what Meg says, too. | 梅格也是这么说的 |
[17:21] | My girlfriend. | 我的女朋友 |
[17:22] | Yeah, I don’t know why she stays with me, either. | 对 我也不知道她为什么和我在一起 |
[17:24] | But I always say, | 但我总是说 |
[17:25] | “No, honey, I just see things clearly.” | “不 亲爱的 我只是头脑比较清楚” |
[17:28] | – So… – What would the Secretary even want to know about? | -所以… -国务卿想要知道什么 |
[17:31] | Deflecting my question with a leading question of your own. | 用你的诱导性问题来转移我的问题 |
[17:34] | I can see why you’re shooting up the ranks. | 我明白你为什么升职了 |
[17:37] | Maybe the secretary wants to check in | 或许在我对台湾交易发了点小牢骚后 |
[17:41] | after my little rant about the Taiwan deal. | 国务卿想要了解一下 |
[17:44] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗 |
[17:47] | Look, am I passionate about wanting this country | 听着 我是满腔热情地想要这个国家 |
[17:49] | to base its foreign policy on our values… | 以我们的价值观为基础来制定外交政策… |
[17:53] | instead of some defense contractor’s bottom line? | 而不是被国防承包商的底线牵着鼻子走吗 |
[17:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:56] | About the fact that State often gets overruled | 我对于国务院的提议经常被否决 |
[17:58] | while the Pentagon drains the nation’s coffers to the tune of | 而五角大楼消耗国家 |
[18:01] | literally trillions of dollars to make us | 几万亿美元来让我们 |
[18:04] | less safe over the long term? | 在未来处于更危险的境地有意见吗 |
[18:08] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:09] | Guilty. | 我有罪 |
[18:11] | But ask the secretary. | 但问问国务卿 |
[18:13] | Since when is caring a crime? | 从什么时候开始关心国家大事也是一种犯罪了 |
[18:17] | Anyway. | 不管怎样 |
[18:20] | To seeing things clearly. | 敬头脑清楚 |
[18:22] | Yeah. Cheers. | 是啊 干杯 |
[18:26] | Mr. President, it appears… | 总统先生 事实表明 |
[18:28] | that Undersecretary Martin | 不是副部长马丁 |
[18:29] | is not responsible for the leak. | 造成的泄露 |
[18:31] | Our investigators determined that the memo file on his laptop | 调查人员确定他笔记本上的备忘录文件 |
[18:34] | had been copied onto a USB drive. | 曾被复制到一块U盘上过 |
[18:36] | We caught a lucky break when we found a purchase | 我们幸运地发现 |
[18:38] | for a USB drive on the credit card statement | 在这名女子的信用卡账单上 |
[18:41] | of this woman. | 有一笔购买U盘的交易 |
[18:42] | His long-time girlfriend, Megan Morrison. | 他一直交往的女朋友 梅根·莫里森 |
[18:46] | So, she has some connection to the Chinese. | 那么 她和中国人有联系 |
[18:49] | Actually, sir, under questioning, | 实际上 先生 在审问中 |
[18:51] | she revealed that she passed along the State Department memo | 她承认她把国务院的备忘录 |
[18:54] | to an employee at Fossor Industries. | 交给一位福斯尔工业的员工 |
[18:58] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[19:00] | What? | 什么 |
[19:00] | She was a spy… for Fossor? | 她是福斯尔的间谍吗 |
[19:05] | And then unknown parties at the company | 然后公司里有一伙人 |
[19:07] | appear to have passed it on to Chinese intelligence. | 把它传给了中国情报部门 |
[19:11] | Why on earth | 究竟为什么 |
[19:13] | would one of our nation’s top defense contractors | 我们国家最高级别的国防承包商之一 |
[19:15] | pass secrets to an adversary? | 会把秘密传给对手 |
[19:18] | Because if State recommended | 因为如果国务院不建议 |
[19:20] | the U.S. not sell Taiwan the extra 20 F-40s, | 美国向台湾出售额外的20架F-40战机 |
[19:25] | that could throw the sale of the other 80 into doubt. | 可能会使另外80架的销售受到质疑 |
[19:28] | Then we’d be talking billions of dollars, | 那将是数十亿美元 |
[19:30] | years of R&D down the drain. | 多年来的研发付之东流 |
[19:32] | But if China found out about the sale, | 但如果中国知道这桩买卖 |
[19:35] | they’d hit the roof, | 他们会勃然大怒 |
[19:36] | and threaten holy hell if we went through with it. | 并且会强烈反对我们这么做 |
[19:39] | Which, in turn, would ensure that we would. | 反过来 这将确保我们会这么做 |
[19:43] | Son of a bitch. | 可恶 |
[19:46] | Fossor’s trying to box us in. | 福斯尔想让我们无路可退 |
[19:49] | Not if I have anything to say about it. | 要是我站出来说话就不是这样了 |
[19:52] | I want to have a little talk with Fossor’s CEO. | 我要和福斯尔的首席执行官谈一谈 |
[19:59] | So are we sure about this? | 我们确定要这么做吗 |
[20:01] | Speak now or forever hold your peace. | 要么现在说 要么就永远不要说 |
[20:03] | Sir, Fossor has widespread support on the Hill. | 先生 福斯尔得到了国会的广泛支持 |
[20:06] | Angry as I am, | 即便我很生气 |
[20:07] | this is not a fight we’re prepared for. | 这不是我们想要的战斗 |
[20:10] | Nevertheless, it’s the fight we’re in. | 不过 我们已经被卷入战斗了 |
[20:12] | They put their corporate interests | 他们把自己的公司利益置于 |
[20:13] | above the United States, they have to pay a price. | 国家利益之上 他们必须付出代价 |
[20:16] | It’s a big swing, Mr. President. | 总统先生 这是很大的改变 |
[20:18] | There could be major military readiness issues downstream. | 下游可能存在重大的军事预备问题 |
[20:21] | Which is the problem, in my view. | 在我看来 这就是问题所在 |
[20:24] | We’ve become so dependent on companies like Fossor | 我们变得如此依赖像福斯尔这样的公司 |
[20:26] | that we’re scared to hold them accountable. | 以至于我们害怕让他们承担责任 |
[20:28] | This is exactly the kind of corrosive situation | 这正是艾森豪威尔在他的 |
[20:31] | that Eisenhower warned us about | “军事工业集团”的演讲中 |
[20:32] | in his “Military-industrial complex” speech. | 想要警告我们的腐败问题 |
[20:35] | Hank. | 汉克 |
[20:37] | As to the particular legal question at hand, | 对于我们目前面临的问题 |
[20:39] | you’re on solid ground, sir. | 您的提议有法可依 先生 |
[20:43] | Well, I for one am a little tired | 我已经厌烦对那帮家伙 |
[20:45] | of the tail wagging the dog, so… | 摇尾乞怜了 所以… |
[20:49] | let’s go. | 走吧 |
[20:55] | Mr. President, we’ve received the subpoena | 总统先生 我们已经收到传票 |
[20:57] | and have been in touch with the Justice Department. | 并已经和司法部取得联系 |
[20:59] | The charges against Fossor are scurrilous and absurd, | 对福斯尔的各项指控都是恶意诽谤 可笑至极 |
[21:02] | and we intend to fight them to the last breath. | 我们打算斗争到底 |
[21:05] | It’s also highly improper for you to be contacting us at all. | 你与我们联系也是非常不合适的 |
[21:08] | Oh, I can assure you, I wouldn’t do anything | 我可以向你保证 我决不会 |
[21:09] | to compromise the case, Mr. Champlin. | 影响到这个案子 钱普林先生 |
[21:12] | We’re calling for another reason. | 我们来电是为了另一件事 |
[21:14] | Secretary Becker. | 贝克尔部长 |
[21:16] | Mr. Champlin, on behalf of the Department of Defense, | 钱普林先生 我代表国防部 |
[21:20] | I am formally alerting you that we are exercising | 正式提醒你 我们将实行 |
[21:23] | our “Termination of Convenience” clause | 关于F-40战机的 |
[21:25] | with respect to the F-40. | “便利终止条款” |
[21:27] | You can’t just cancel a $31 billion contract. | 你不能就这么解除一份310亿的合同 |
[21:31] | With all due respect, Mr. Champlin, | 恕我直言 钱普林先生 |
[21:32] | – yes, we can. – And we are. | -我们可以 -而且我们正在这么做 |
[21:36] | I’m very sorry to hear that, Mr. President. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 总统先生 |
[21:40] | Good day, Mr. Champlin. | 再见 钱普林先生 |
[21:42] | – I can’t believe it. – M-Sec thought you should know. | -真不敢相信 -国务卿认为应该告诉你 |
[21:45] | Wait, so, h-his girlfriend was some kind of sleeper agent | 等等 所以 他的女朋友自始至终都是 |
[21:48] | for Fossor the whole time? | 福斯尔的潜伏情报人员 |
[21:49] | Uh… they got their hooks into her a few years back. | 几年前他们控制了她 |
[21:52] | She had debts. | 她有债务 |
[21:53] | Fossor knew that Gary played an important role | 福斯尔知道加里在审核海外军售中 |
[21:55] | in vetting overseas arms sales, | 起着重要的作用 |
[21:57] | so they kept her in their back pocket | 所以他们一直留着她 |
[21:59] | until they needed her. | 以备不时之需 |
[22:01] | What’s gonna happen to Gary? | 加里会受到什么处罚 |
[22:04] | Well, career-wise, he’s toast. | 断送职业生涯 |
[22:05] | You don’t take top secret files home on your laptop. | 谁会把绝密文件带回家放在笔记本电脑里 |
[22:08] | The good news is, now that the F-40s | 好消息是 F-40战机不用 |
[22:10] | aren’t going to Taiwan, | 卖给台湾 |
[22:11] | the Fair Work and Trade Agreement’s | 我们将重新与中国讨论 |
[22:12] | back on the table with China. | 《公平劳动与贸易协议》 |
[22:13] | The secretary’s planning an off-books meeting | 国务卿计划在魁北克与陈部长进行一次 |
[22:15] | with Chen in Quebec to try and get him on board again. | 非正式会面 试图说服他重新加入 |
[22:18] | And if she does, then we got a lot of work to do. | 如果她成功了 我们可有得忙了 |
[22:22] | So, be ready to rock and roll, okay? | 准备好大干一场吧 |
[22:24] | Yeah, absolutely. | 当然 |
[22:27] | Man… poor Gary. | 可怜的加里 |
[22:30] | – I-I just feel bad is all. – Don’t. | -我只是感觉糟透了 -别 |
[22:32] | He was a suspect in a massive intelligence breach. | 他是重要情报泄露的嫌疑人 |
[22:35] | You were on the right side. | 你做得对 |
[22:37] | Hey, I-I know Gary wasn’t your cup of tea, | 我知道你不喜欢加里 |
[22:39] | but why are you being so harsh about this? | 但为什么你对这件事这么苛刻 |
[22:43] | Because this work we do is life or death, | 因为我们做的事关乎生死 |
[22:45] | and the parties that we deal with | 而我们对付的那方 |
[22:46] | are playing for keeps. | 是动真格的 |
[22:47] | And they’ll exploit any weakness that they can find. | 他们会利用任何发现的弱点 |
[22:49] | And you need to understand that from the jump | 你从一开始就要明白这一点 |
[22:51] | if you don’t want to wind up like Gary, okay? | 如果你不想跟加里有同样下场的话 |
[22:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:01] | 加拿大 魁北克城 | |
[23:04] | If the illegal and provocative sale | 如果具有挑衅意味的 |
[23:07] | of F-40 fighters to the breakaway province of Taiwan | 将F-40战机非法售卖给分裂省份 |
[23:12] | is in fact cancelled, | 台湾的计划 确实取消了 |
[23:17] | then I see no reason why we cannot continue negotiations | 那我也找不到退出 |
[23:20] | on the Fair Work and Trade Agreement. | 《公平劳动与贸易协议》谈判的理由 |
[23:22] | That’s great. Great. | 那很好 太好了 |
[23:25] | Well, I look forward to working with you again. | 我很期待与你再次合作 |
[23:28] | On behalf of the rest of the world, | 我代表世界其他国家说 |
[23:30] | I say it’s about time. | 是时候了 |
[23:38] | Well, I’m not entirely surprised, | 我并不十分惊讶 |
[23:40] | but I am relieved that we were able to have | 但是我为能有这么高效的谈话 |
[23:44] | such a productive conversation. | 感到欣慰 |
[23:47] | As am I, Elizabeth. | 我也是 伊丽莎白 |
[23:50] | I think the most surprising part of the evening was… | 我觉得今晚最让我惊讶的是 |
[23:53] | they really do say “Aboot.” | 他们居然真的说”管于”[关于:指魁北克口音] |
[24:04] | This isn’t gonna surprise anyone, | 大家可能不会感到惊讶 |
[24:05] | but China’s demanding a last-minute change | 中国临时提出要求修改 |
[24:07] | on one of the provisions in | 《公平劳动与贸易协议》中的 |
[24:08] | the Fair Work and Trade Agreement, | 一项条款 |
[24:09] | so now we have to contact all the other signatory countries | 所以我们现在得联系所有其余签约国 |
[24:13] | – to get their feedback. – That’s crazy. | -获取他们的反馈意见 -太夸张了 |
[24:15] | If China wants the change, why don’t they contact | 如果中国想做修改 为什么不自己联系 |
[24:17] | all the other countries? | 其余签约国 |
[24:18] | Well, look, China’s giving up a lot | 中国已经为签订协议 |
[24:19] | just by signing the agreement. | 放弃了很多 |
[24:22] | So? | 所以呢 |
[24:23] | So, we got China into this. | 所以 是我们把中国拉进来的 |
[24:24] | The least America can do is help out a little, Matt. | 美国至少要帮点小忙 马特 |
[24:26] | Maybe if China was being honest | 如果中国坦白一点 |
[24:28] | and communicative about their needs, | 表达他们的需求 |
[24:30] | America wouldn’t have to scramble | 美国就不会手忙脚乱 |
[24:31] | to pick up the slack, Daisy. | 收拾烂摊子 戴西 |
[24:32] | Maybe if America was a tiny bit more sensitive to what | 如果美国多考虑一下 |
[24:35] | – China’s been going through… – Oh, sensitive? Sensitive? | -中国的处境 -多考虑一下 |
[24:36] | Maybe China and America should | 也许中国和美国应该 |
[24:37] | talk about this somewhere else. | 换个地方讨论这个问题 |
[24:40] | Okay, everybody, let’s circle back to this in five. | 好了 各位 我们五分钟以后再回来讨论 |
[24:43] | Matt, Daisy. | 马特 戴西 |
[24:46] | Well, I’m sorry I encouraged you | 我很抱歉当初鼓励你 |
[24:49] | to adopt Waffles, who you totally love. | 收养你心爱的华夫 |
[24:51] | I guess I am the bad guy here. | 我想我是坏家伙 |
[24:53] | No, no, just the unreliable guy. | 不 是不靠谱的家伙 |
[24:55] | Okay, so I understand… | 好了 我明白了 |
[24:57] | we’re negotiating an historic agreement | 我们在和最强大的对手 |
[24:58] | with our greatest rival, | 协商具有历史意义的协议 |
[24:59] | and you guys are quarreling about a dog? | 而你们在为一只狗争吵 |
[25:04] | Well, anything sounds trivial when you put it like that. | 如果你这么说的话 任何事听上去都是小事 |
[25:07] | All right, well, Abby and I have had a lot of success | 好吧 我和艾比在安排行程方面 |
[25:10] | in dealing with scheduling issues around, uh, childcare, | 小有成就 照顾孩子上 |
[25:15] | by sharing a calendar. | 通过共享日历 |
[25:17] | Could that be an answer? | 这样能够解决问题吗 |
[25:18] | He’d probably just sleep through the alerts. | 他很可能在要紧关头睡过去 |
[25:19] | – I fell asleep one time. – Yeah, in one day. | -我就睡过去一次 -对 第一天 |
[25:22] | Okay, okay. Daisy, how much time per week | 好了 戴西 你每周需要 |
[25:24] | do you need someone to take Waffles? | 别人帮忙照看华夫多长时间 |
[25:25] | Honestly, right now, three days. | 老实说 目前来看 三天 |
[25:27] | And you know my building doesn’t allow pets. | 你知道我住的楼不允许养宠物 |
[25:29] | So what do you want me to do about that? | 所以你想让我怎么做 |
[25:32] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[25:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[25:38] | Matt’s right. | 马特说得对 |
[25:40] | He did say at the outset | 他一开始就说了 |
[25:42] | his building doesn’t allow dogs. | 他住的那栋楼不允许养狗 |
[25:44] | But I was concerned, when I first adopted Waffles, | 我最初收养华夫的时候就担心 |
[25:47] | that I wouldn’t have the resources to take care of him | 我没有条件让它得到 |
[25:50] | in the way that he deserves. | 应有的照顾 |
[25:52] | And as much as it breaks my heart… | 虽然我很伤心 |
[25:57] | …I think I’m gonna have to find a new home for him. | 但是我想我得为它找个新家了 |
[25:59] | Wait, are you serious? | 等等 你是说真的吗 |
[26:01] | You got any better ideas? | 你还有更好的办法吗 |
[26:04] | Oh, sorry, am I… | 抱歉 我是不是… |
[26:05] | No, it’s fine. What’s up, Nina? | 没关系 什么事 妮娜 |
[26:07] | The secretary wants to see you right away. | 国务卿想立刻见你 |
[26:14] | I didn’t push POTUS | 我没有逼总统 |
[26:15] | – into anything. – Oh, come on. | -做任何事 -得了吧 |
[26:17] | We both know you’ve got his ear. | 我们都知道总统看重你的意见 |
[26:19] | You-you wanted to see me, ma’am? | 你要见我吗 国务卿 |
[26:21] | – Yes. – We’ve got a problem. | -是的 -我们遇到麻烦了 |
[26:23] | We won’t get into of whose making it is. | 要不是拜某人所赐 我们不会惹上麻烦 |
[26:26] | I thought we could use your expertise | 我认为我们可以采取你在国会任职时 |
[26:28] | from your time on the Hill. | 积累的专业意见 |
[26:29] | I didn’t. | 我没这么认为 |
[26:32] | This happened just a few minutes ago. | 这是几分钟前发生的事 |
[26:35] | Congressman Brandt. Here we go. | 勃兰特议员 看看吧 |
[26:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, please. | 女士们先生们 |
[26:39] | When I heard that President Dalton ordered the cancellation | 当我得知道尔顿总统下令解除 |
[26:42] | of the F-40 fighter– | F-40战机 |
[26:43] | the key to our nation’s future air defense– | 即我国未来空防的核心装备的合同时 |
[26:45] | I was alarmed. | 我非常担忧 |
[26:46] | When I found out why, I became enraged. | 当我发现真相 我非常愤怒 |
[26:51] | Turns out the president just can’t bring himself to sell | 原来是总统不肯把20架F-40战机 |
[26:54] | 20 F-40s to our good friends in Taiwan, | 卖给我们台湾的伙伴 |
[26:58] | who so desperately want and need them. | 而他们很想要 而且很需要这些战机 |
[26:59] | – Okay, that’s a lie. – Oh, he’s just getting started. | -好了 他在撒谎 -他才刚开始呢 |
[27:01] | And why? | 为什么呢 |
[27:02] | Because he and Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord | 因为他和伊丽莎白·麦考德国务卿 |
[27:05] | thought it was more important to appease their real friends, | 都认为更重要的是安抚他们真正的伙伴 |
[27:09] | the Chinese. | 中国 |
[27:11] | Look how cozy those two are. | 看看这两位关系多融洽 |
[27:15] | That’s why I’ve introduced | 这就是我提出 |
[27:16] | an emergency rider to the upcoming spending bill. | 因此我倡议为即将表决的开支议案起草一则紧急附加条款 |
[27:19] | The president may be comfortable | 总统先生对 |
[27:21] | with killing tens of thousands | 摧毁全国 |
[27:22] | of jobs across the nation, | 成千上万个就业机会 |
[27:24] | endangering our friends in Taiwan, | 陷台湾朋友和我国国防于危机之中 |
[27:26] | and putting our nation’s security at risk, | 可能感到无动于衷 |
[27:29] | but I am not. | 但是我不能 |
[27:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:33] | Fossor’s flexing its muscle on the Hill | 福斯尔开始透过国会秀肌肉了 |
[27:35] | to try to force us to go through with the contract. | 这是想迫使我们履行合同 |
[27:37] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[27:38] | So, unless the three of us figure something out quick, | 所以 除非我们三人可以迅速想出对策 |
[27:43] | looks like our only choice is either to | 否则我们只能 |
[27:46] | shut down the government or… | 要么让政府关门… |
[27:48] | let them get away with it. | 要么让他们得逞 |
[27:51] | You hear that? | 你听到什么了吗 |
[27:53] | That’s the sound of Eisenhower turning in his grave. | 艾森豪威尔总统都被气活了 |
[28:03] | I’m on record as having doubts. | 我觉得这么做只是徒劳 |
[28:06] | Well, we have to at least give Congress | 但我们至少要给国会一个机会 |
[28:08] | a chance to do the right thing and vote no | 让他们做出正确的选择 |
[28:10] | on that stupid rider. | 给那个愚蠢的附议投反对票才是 |
[28:12] | Well, forgive me if I’m less than sanguine | 请原谅 我对从拨款委员会那里 |
[28:14] | about appealing to the better angels | 争取几个明事理的到我们这边 |
[28:15] | of the hacks on the Appropriations Committee. | 不抱什么希望 |
[28:17] | Any better ideas? David, hi. Hi. | 还有更好的主意吗 你好 大卫 |
[28:20] | Thank you for coming to represent Taiwan. | 谢谢你代表台湾来出席会议 |
[28:21] | And, Jeff, thank you for pulling this together | 杰夫 谢谢你在时间如此紧迫的情况下 |
[28:23] | on such short notice, | 组织了这次会议 |
[28:24] | and with such discretion. | 保密工作做得不错 |
[28:27] | I’m pretty curious | 我很好奇 |
[28:28] | why POTUS tried to cancel | 为什么总统先生 |
[28:29] | the Fossor deal in the first place. | 一上来就要取消跟福斯尔的交易 |
[28:31] | Well, it’s a… | 这… |
[28:34] | It’s a doozy. | 此事非同小可 |
[28:35] | I’m all ears. | 洗耳恭听 |
[28:37] | Hi, everyone. Thank you for coming. | 大家好 感谢你们到场 |
[28:42] | I know the president’s cancellation of the contract | 我知道总统先生取消与福斯尔的合同一事 |
[28:45] | with Fossor caught many of you off guard. | 让大家很震惊 |
[28:49] | So let me say that we well understand | 我们深知 |
[28:52] | the historic and important role | 福斯尔工业在国防建设中 |
[28:54] | that Fossor Industries plays in our national defense. | 所起的具有历史意义的重要作用 |
[28:57] | Not to mention the tens of thousands | 更不用说他们为全国创造了 |
[28:59] | of jobs they create. | 成千上万的工作机会 |
[29:01] | And we should hasten to add the F-40’s an excellent plane. | 我们必须要说F-40是非常优秀的战机 |
[29:04] | Yeah. But the fact is… | 但事实是这样的 |
[29:08] | Fossor engaged in espionage against the State Department, | 福斯尔针对国务院实施了间谍活动 |
[29:11] | and then leaked top secret material | 把关于可能销售F-40给台湾的机密文件 |
[29:15] | pertaining to the potential sale of the F-40 to the Chinese | 泄露给中国政府 |
[29:21] | to force us to go forward with the deal. | 并以此来要挟我们履行合同 |
[29:23] | Lastly, congressman Brandt falsely claimed | 最后要强调的是众议员勃兰特臆断地声明 |
[29:26] | that Taiwan desperately wants those extra F-40s. | 台湾急需这20架F-40 |
[29:32] | To rebut that assertion once and for all, | 我现在把话语权交给 |
[29:35] | I yield the floor to David Yu, | 来自台北经济文化办公室的大卫·余 |
[29:37] | from the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office. | 让他一次性给大家做个澄清 |
[29:41] | We don’t want the jets. | 我们不要这些战机 |
[29:44] | Seriously, we don’t. | 真的 我们不需要 |
[29:45] | Please don’t send them. | 请勿发给我们 |
[29:50] | Thank you, David. Thanks. | 谢谢你 大卫 谢谢 |
[29:53] | If you vote for Brandt’s rider, | 如果你们赞成勃兰特的附加条款 |
[29:56] | you’ll be voting to risk shutting down the government, | 就等于赞成让政府关门 |
[29:59] | endangering the national interest on behalf of a company | 帮着一个自私自利的公司谋利 |
[30:03] | whose actions show it only cares for its own. | 而置国家利益于不顾 |
[30:07] | Please… vote no. | 拜托了 请大家投反对票 |
[30:11] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢你百忙中抽出时间 |
[30:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:18] | Jeff. Hey. | 杰夫 |
[30:21] | What was the sense in the room? | 会议的论调倾向哪边 |
[30:24] | Hard to say. | 难说啊 |
[30:26] | What? Did they not hear what Elizabeth said? | 什么 他们没听见伊丽莎白是怎么说的吗 |
[30:29] | Look, as long as these spying allegations | 只要这些针对福斯尔 |
[30:31] | against Fossor remain unproven, | 参与间谍活动的指控未经证实 |
[30:34] | members have political cover to stick with them. | 议员会动用政治手段确保合同的履行 |
[30:37] | There’s a facility in my district. | 我的选区内就有一家工厂 |
[30:41] | Manufactures the wing-fluid delivery systems for the F-40. | 给F-40做翼流推进系统 |
[30:44] | That’s 200 high-paying American jobs. | 这可是200个高薪岗位 |
[30:47] | Adding the tax base, local businesses… | 算上税收和周边企业… |
[30:51] | More important, they’re not just jobs. | 更重要的是 这不仅仅关系到工作 |
[30:54] | They’re people. | 这关系到老百姓 |
[30:58] | Look, Jeff, I’m not a congressman. | 杰夫 我不是众议员 |
[31:02] | But I was a Marine pilot, just like you. | 但我跟你一样曾是海军陆战队的飞行员 |
[31:06] | And I swore an oath to defend the Constitution, | 我发过誓为保卫宪章而战 |
[31:09] | not a corporation. | 而不是为企业而战 |
[31:10] | And I sure as hell wouldn’t send one of my brothers | 我也绝不会派我的兄弟姐妹 |
[31:13] | and sisters in arms on a sortie in a plane | 坐进这样一个我不信任的战机 |
[31:15] | I didn’t believe in. | 去执行任务 |
[31:17] | The Secretary of Defense says it’s fine. | 国防部长说了这飞机不错 |
[31:20] | Well, you know better? | 你难道比他了解得更清楚 |
[31:23] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[31:25] | Thanks for setting the meeting up. | 谢谢你组织了这次会议 |
[31:43] | Tell me that’s ginger ale. | 你喝的是姜味汽水吧 |
[31:48] | Listen, I appreciate the concern, I guess, | 谢谢你的关心 |
[31:51] | but how about we take a rain check on whatever this is? | 不过 我们改天再聊这些行吗 |
[31:54] | I wanted to say I’m sorry. | 我早就想对你说对不起 |
[31:56] | For pretending to be my friend | 因为假装好友拉我出来喝酒 |
[31:58] | so the Feds could toss my place? | 好让联邦调查局把我家翻个底朝天 |
[32:02] | Hey, no problem, pal. | 我扛得住 老兄 |
[32:08] | I’m lucky they didn’t fire me. | 我还算走运 他们没炒掉我 |
[32:10] | I screwed up with the laptop, I own that. | 我不该在家用那台笔记本 是我的错 |
[32:15] | But you know what really hurts? | 但你知道真正让我伤心的是什么 |
[32:18] | I mean, bes… besides the Meg of it all, | 除了梅根和发生的这一切 |
[32:21] | which I won’t go into, other than to say | 当然梅根做的事我也只会说说但绝不会从事 |
[32:23] | I spent the last ten Thanksgivings | 我跟梅根的老爸一起过了10个感恩节 |
[32:25] | with her senile, but also racist dad, | 这个老态龙钟还带点种族主义的老头 |
[32:27] | which was a barrel of laughs, | 想想就很搞笑 |
[32:28] | and this is the thanks I get. | 这就是我在节日收获的感谢 |
[32:32] | What hurts | 让我伤心的是 |
[32:33] | is that they could think that someone who has fought | 像我这样一个 |
[32:36] | as hard as I have to make our foreign policy | 为了使外交政策与美国精神保持一致 |
[32:39] | actually line up with our values | 而奋勇拼搏的斗士 |
[32:41] | could be a spy | 竟然被他们当做间谍 |
[32:45] | that I would ever sell this country out. | 一个会出卖国家的间谍 |
[32:52] | That hurts pretty damn bad. | 让我伤透心了 |
[33:02] | What do you do now? | 你接下来怎么打算 |
[33:04] | Take my pension, get out of Dodge, | 拿着我的退休金走人 |
[33:07] | find a small town, lay low for a while. | 找个小镇隐居一阵子 |
[33:12] | What about Boston? | 波士顿怎么样 |
[33:16] | I checked in with some friends at Harvard. | 我跟我哈佛的朋友打听过了 |
[33:18] | The Kennedy School is looking for a Senior Fellow. | 肯尼迪政府学院正在招募资深讲师 |
[33:22] | You’d make a great teacher, Gary. | 加里 你会成为一个了不起的老师 |
[33:25] | Eh, you’re just saying that ’cause I rant a lot. | 我经常抱怨政府所以你才这么说 |
[33:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:31] | It’d be your dream job. | 这会是你梦寐以求的工作 |
[33:38] | You know, for a seventh floor type, you got a big heart. | 在你们七楼的人里 你算胸怀宽大了 |
[33:43] | Too big, I’m told. | 太宽大了 别人也都这么说 |
[33:46] | Listen to me, | 听着 |
[33:48] | to keep fighting the good fight in this line of work, | 干我们这行想要时刻保持良好的战斗状态 |
[33:50] | you have to have a big heart | 你必须有个宽大的胸怀 |
[33:52] | because it’s constantly being chipped away at. | 因为我们的意志分分钟会被削弱 |
[33:54] | See? Natural teacher. | 瞧 天生就是当老师的料 |
[34:02] | I really will think it over. | 我会认真考虑你的建议 |
[34:04] | It’s ginger ale, by the way. | 顺便告诉你 我喝的是姜味汽水 |
[34:07] | Oh. I’m glad. Do you mind if I have… | 那就好 你介意我也来一杯吗 |
[34:12] | No. Knock yourself out. | 不 你随意 |
[34:13] | I’ll have a martini. | 给我来杯马蒂尼 |
[34:14] | Hi, Russell, come on in. | 拉塞尔 快请进 |
[34:16] | Evening. I was on my way home. | 晚上好 回家路上正好经过这 |
[34:20] | Thought I’d give you | 觉得应该亲自来告诉你们 |
[34:21] | the inspiring news in person. | 一个令人振奋的消息 |
[34:23] | Well, you don’t look inspired. | 你看上去并不振奋 |
[34:26] | Unofficial whip count looks like | 据非正式党鞭计票统计 |
[34:28] | the spending bill with Brandt’s rider | 赞成勃兰特附加条款的票数 |
[34:30] | has the votes to override a veto. | 看样子会让总统否决无效 |
[34:34] | We just met with the committee members a few hours ago. | 我们几小时前才见过委员会成员 |
[34:36] | How can there already be a whip vote? | 党鞭计票怎么可能这么快就产生 |
[34:38] | Amazing how fast Congress can move | 只要关系到他们在各自选区内的换届选举 |
[34:40] | when their own reelections are at stake. | 国会的审议过程就会如此神速 |
[34:43] | So I guess America’s gonna buy those planes, | 这么说 不管我们需不需要 |
[34:45] | whether we need them or not. | 都要全数买下这些飞机 |
[34:47] | Oh, and word is your buddy Jeff Pearson’s a yes, too. | 顺便说一下 你的哥们杰夫·皮尔森也投了赞成票 |
[34:54] | Well… | 呃… |
[34:55] | don’t stand there looking all wounded, | 别在那悲天悯人了 |
[34:57] | like I just told you the Easter Bunny’s not real. | 告诉过你们 邦尼兔只出现在童话里 |
[35:00] | This is Washington, kids, | 年轻人 这儿是华盛顿 |
[35:03] | and I told you we weren’t ready for this fight. | 我们还没有准备好打这场仗 |
[35:09] | If Congress jams that rider through, | 如果国会非要通过这个附加条款 |
[35:11] | China will hit back quickly. | 中国政府会迅速回击 |
[35:13] | They’ll pull out of the Fair Work and Trade Agreement. | 他们会从公平劳动与贸易协议中撤出 |
[35:16] | They’ll step up naval activity in the Taiwan Strait. | 并且在台湾海峡采取军事行动 |
[35:19] | Our hands are tied. | 我们无能为力 |
[35:20] | They won. | 他们赢了 |
[35:21] | No company should get to dictate | 任何公司都不应该 |
[35:23] | to the United States government. | 向美国政府发号施令 |
[35:27] | You know, | 你知道的 |
[35:29] | for a president who took some grief | 对于一个爱打高尔夫 |
[35:30] | about playing too much golf, | 而承受了某些痛苦的总统来说 |
[35:33] | Eisenhower got a lot done. | 艾森豪威尔做出了很多贡献 |
[35:36] | The interstate highway system, fighting for desegregation, | 建设州际公路系统 为废除种族隔离而战 |
[35:40] | pushing back the Soviets. | 迫使苏联后退 |
[35:43] | But that famous speech about the… | 但那篇关于… |
[35:46] | military-industrial complex? | 军工联合企业的著名演讲 |
[35:50] | That was his final speech in office. | 那是他在白宫办公室的最后一次演讲 |
[35:54] | Do you think there was a reason for that? | 你认为这是有原因的吗 |
[35:57] | An effective president gets two or three things done | 一个效率高的总统能完成两三件事 |
[36:00] | that really move the country forward. | 从而推动了国家进步 |
[36:04] | A truly excellent one, maybe four. | 一个真正优秀的总统 也许能做四件事 |
[36:08] | I think you’ll be an excellent one. | 我认为你会是那个优秀的 |
[36:12] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[36:14] | But… The point is, | 但是…重点是 |
[36:16] | if you want to bring Fossor and its ilk to heel, Godspeed. | 如果你想让福斯和他的同类服从你 祝你好运 |
[36:21] | Just be sure that that’s the most important thing to you | 但你要确定 这件事是对你最重要的事情 |
[36:26] | because there won’t be much room for anything else. | 因为别的事情都要为这件事让位了 |
[36:28] | – Understood, sir. – What’s the word, Hank? | -明白了 先生 -怎么了汉克 |
[36:30] | Mr. President, I wanted to apprise you personally | 总统先生 我想亲自告诉你 |
[36:32] | of some developments in the Fossor case. | 关于福斯案件的一些进展 |
[36:35] | Shoot. | 请讲 |
[36:36] | Based on an anonymous tip, | 根据一条匿名线报 |
[36:38] | we’ve uncovered a pattern at Fossor | 我们发现了福斯 |
[36:40] | of some very serious public corruption, | 存在某些非常严重的公共腐败 |
[36:42] | including numerous campaign finance violations. | 包括大量竞选资金违规 |
[36:45] | What, the dark money | 什么 他们在 |
[36:46] | they already dump into campaigns, | 竞选里洗黑钱 |
[36:48] | but legally don’t even have to report, | 而且在法律上不用报告 |
[36:51] | wasn’t quite enough for them, huh? | 这对他们来说还不满足吗 |
[36:52] | How high up does the corruption go? | 腐败程度有多严重 |
[36:58] | Thanks, Jose. | 谢谢 何塞 |
[37:00] | Lot of guys would be mad | 很多人会生气的 |
[37:02] | they skulled that last shot, but not me, | 他们躲过了最后一枪 但我不生气 |
[37:05] | ’cause what do I always say? | 因为我说什么来着 |
[37:07] | “Adversity is opportunity,” Sir. | 逆境就是机遇 先生 |
[37:09] | That’s right. Okay. | 没错 好了 |
[37:12] | Hit the sand behind the ball. | 打球后面的沙子 |
[37:15] | Easy power, easy power. | 别使劲 别使劲 |
[37:18] | Uh, sir… | 呃 先生… |
[37:20] | Sir. What, Jose? | 先生 怎么了 何塞 |
[37:25] | James Champlin? | 詹姆斯·钱普林 |
[37:34] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[37:36] | I wouldn’t know, either. Oh, Congressman Chivvers. | 我也不知道 奇弗斯议员 |
[37:38] | Congressman Faustino, Congresswoman Robertson. | 福斯蒂诺议员 罗伯逊议员 |
[37:40] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[37:41] | Guessing you just heard about James Champlin’s arrest. | 我猜你刚知道詹姆斯·钱普林被捕的事 |
[37:44] | That’s quite a list of charges. | 有相当多的指控 |
[37:46] | All those allegations of campaign finance violations… | 所有关于竞选资金违规的指控… |
[37:51] | Who knows where that’s gonna go. | 谁知道会怎么样 |
[37:53] | We’re not going to support | 我们不会支持 |
[37:54] | Brandt’s rider, if that’s what you want to know. | 勃兰特的提议 如果这是你想知道的话 |
[37:56] | Support among members is… | 成员之间的支持是… |
[37:59] | falling. | 没戏了 |
[38:00] | It’s crashing back to Earth and breaking up on reentry, Herb. | 它正在撞击地球 在重返大气层时解体 赫伯 |
[38:03] | you’re the one that twisted my arm, Susan. | 你就是那个扭伤我手臂的人 苏珊 |
[38:04] | We needed those jobs… | 我们需要那些工作… |
[38:10] | Well, thank you for this glimpse | 好吧 感谢你们 |
[38:11] | into your deliberative process. | 向我透露了审议过程 |
[38:19] | Waffles can stay with me three days a week. | 我一周可以带华夫三天 |
[38:20] | I know you mean well, but this is actually | 我知道你的意思 但事实上 |
[38:22] | – really difficult… – No. No, no, no. | -这真的很难… -不 不 不 不 |
[38:24] | Listen, I spoke to my landlord, | 听着 我和房东谈过 |
[38:28] | and he agreed to make an exception in this case. | 他同意在这种情况下破例 |
[38:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:33] | Because I’m a terrific tenant, | 因为我是个很棒的房客 |
[38:35] | and he doesn’t want to lose me, | 他不想失去我 |
[38:36] | and I might’ve also said that Waffles | 我也可能说过华夫 |
[38:37] | is an emotional support dog. | 是一只情感支持犬 |
[38:40] | That you only have part-time? | 你只有兼职吗 |
[38:41] | Mr. Manukian is old, okay? | 曼努金先生老了 好吗 |
[38:44] | It’s possible he might not have heard everything I said. | 他可能没有听到我说的所有话 |
[38:46] | The point is, it worked. | 关键是 它起作用了 |
[38:48] | Or it will, as long as Waffles… | 或者 只要华夫… |
[38:53] | wears this. | 戴着这个 |
[38:55] | Come here. | 过来 |
[38:56] | – Who’s good? – I don’t know if this is right. | -谁是好人 – 我不知道这样对不对 |
[38:59] | Good. Think of it this way: | 很好 这样想 |
[39:02] | Waffles is emotionally supporting you | 华夫和我在一起对你来说 |
[39:06] | by staying with me | 是一种感情上的支持 |
[39:07] | three days a week. All right. | 一周三天 好的 |
[39:10] | Come here, baby. | 过来 宝贝 |
[39:15] | Does that work? | 这样行吗 |
[39:19] | I’m sorry I got so mad. | 对不起 我发脾气了 |
[39:21] | I’m sorry you had to. | 很抱歉你要这样做 |
[39:24] | Looks like he’s the one who needs the support. | 看来他才是需要支持的人 |
[39:27] | I don’t know. I feel better already. | 我不知道 我已经感觉好多了 |
[39:31] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[39:32] | Yeah. Do you want to go home? | 我也是 你想回家吗 |
[39:39] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢 伙计 |
[39:42] | Thanks for agreeing to meet with me. | 谢谢你同意见我 |
[39:49] | You were right, I don’t totally understand all the pressures | 你是对的 我不能完全理解你作为国会议员 |
[39:52] | you’re under as a congressman. | 所面临的所有的压力 |
[39:56] | So you know, I was prepared | 所以 你知道我本打算 |
[39:57] | to vote “Yes” on the Brandt rider. | 给勃兰特的提议投赞成票 |
[40:00] | Might not have been the gutsiest vote I ever took, | 这可能不是我做过的最大胆的投票 |
[40:02] | but in any case, it’s moot now. | 但无论如何 现在还没结果 |
[40:06] | Well, I just didn’t want you to think | 好吧 我只是不想让你觉得 |
[40:07] | I was moralizing at you. | 我是在说教 |
[40:08] | Not to worry. | 别担心 |
[40:11] | You know something, Hank, | 你知道吗 汉克 |
[40:12] | you always did see tings pretty clearly, | 你总是看得很清楚 |
[40:14] | how they might play out. | 他们会怎么做 |
[40:17] | You definitely clocked this situation with Fossor | 你肯定对福斯尔了解得 |
[40:19] | better than I did. | 比我清楚 |
[40:24] | Until recently, anyway. | 直到最近吧 不管怎样 |
[40:32] | The anonymous source that tipped off the DOJ… | 司法部的收到的匿名线报… |
[40:43] | Like you said, end of the day, | 就像你说的 到最后 |
[40:46] | I’m still a Marine. | 我还是一名海军陆战队员 |
[40:50] | Oorah. | 奥拉[美海军陆战队口号] |
[40:54] | Bess. | 贝斯 |
[40:55] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[40:56] | – Join us for a toast. – Love to. | -和我们一起干一杯 – 好的 |
[40:59] | There you are. | 给你 |
[41:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[41:01] | There’s a lot to be proud of. | 有很多事情值得骄傲 |
[41:02] | Yeah. James Champlin and Fossor will have to answer | 是啊 詹姆斯·钱普林和福斯必须在法庭上回应 |
[41:05] | for their corruption in court, | 他们的腐败问题 |
[41:07] | the Fair Work and Trade Agreement is back on track, | 公平劳动与贸易协议又回归正轨 |
[41:09] | and we’re only buying 80 | 和我们最初商定的一样 |
[41:11] | F-40 fighters, as we originally agreed. | 我们只买了80架F-40战斗机 |
[41:14] | Pretty good day’s work, I’d say. | 今天的工作不错 |
[41:14] | I’m sorry, excuse me? | 对不起 你说什么 |
[41:17] | The scandal brought Fossor back to the table. | 这件丑闻使福斯重新回到了谈判桌上 |
[41:19] | They agreed to eat the cost of the additional 20 jets, | 他们同意承担另外20架飞机的费用 |
[41:22] | so we won’t have to. | 所以我们就不用付钱了 |
[41:23] | We got what we wanted. We won. | 我们得到了我们想要的 我们赢了 |
[41:25] | No, we won before, | 不 我们以前赢过 |
[41:27] | when the contract was cancelled altogether. | 在所有合同全部取消时候 |
[41:30] | That would’ve left us with no | 那样我们就没有 |
[41:31] | next-generation fighters in the pipeline. | 下一代战斗机了 |
[41:32] | You said we could retrofit the YF-31. | 你说过我们可以改装YF-31 |
[41:35] | Well, guess who revised their budget estimates upward? | 好 猜猜是谁修改了预算 |
[41:37] | – The manufacturer of the YF-31. – Yes. | -YF-31的制造商 -对 |
[41:39] | But we had leverage. | 但我们手里有筹码 |
[41:40] | Fossor’s the devil we know at this point. | 福斯尔是我们现在所知道的恶魔 |
[41:43] | Yes, | 对 |
[41:44] | but they are still the devil, | 但他们依然是恶魔 |
[41:46] | and the F-40 is still an overpriced albatross | 而F-40仍然是价格过高的信天翁 |
[41:50] | and the whole system needs to be changed. Sir… | 整个系统需要改变 先生 |
[41:53] | We fought the world’s largest defense contractor to a draw. | 我们和世界上最大的国防承包商打成平手 |
[41:58] | With these people, | 有了这些人 |
[41:59] | that’s as close to a win as you’re gonna get. | 你就有机会赢了 |
[42:01] | Now, can we drink, finally? | 我们可以喝酒了吗 |
[42:04] | Actually, I’m already a little dizzy. | 实际上 我已经有点头晕了 |
[42:06] | I think I’ll say good night. Thank you. | 是时候说晚安了 谢谢 |
[42:09] | I told you before, Bess, | 我跟你说过 贝斯 |
[42:12] | if you want to use up your presidency | 如果你想利用你的总统职位 |
[42:13] | fighting for that win, | 为胜利而战 |
[42:16] | be my guest. | 请便 |
[42:20] | You can count on it, sir. | 你可以放心 先生 |
[42:24] | Due respect, sir, I would call this a win, | 恕我直言 先生 我觉得这就是胜利 |
[42:28] | for you and the American people. | 敬你和美国人民 |
[42:30] | Because look it, at the end of the day, | 因为你看 不管怎么说 |
[42:32] | the F-40’s an excellent plane. | F-40是一架很好的飞机 |