时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 叙利亚 阿勒颇 | |
[00:11] | 梅西是最棒的 把球传给他 他一定能进球 | |
[00:16] | 把球传给梅西 | |
[00:26] | 梅西 伟大的传奇 | |
[00:30] | 梅西 伟大的传奇 | |
[00:36] | Have we confirmed the type of bomb? | 确认是什么炸弹了吗 |
[00:37] | Preliminary forensics indicate a CBU-87 | 初步勘验的结论是CBU-87 |
[00:39] | anti-personnel submunition dispenser. | 人员杀伤子母炸弹 |
[00:41] | Conventionally known as a cluster bomb. | 通常被称为集束炸弹 |
[00:42] | Yeah, and the U.S. houses the only company in the world | 对 而世界上唯一生产这种武器的公司 |
[00:45] | that manufactures it. | 就在美国 |
[00:46] | A weapon we provide only to Israel. | 我们只给以色列提供了这种武器 |
[00:48] | Which means our closest Mideast ally just implicated us | 这意味着我们中东最亲密的盟友把我们与 |
[00:50] | in a massacre that took the lives of 29 innocent children, | 杀死二十九名无辜儿童的屠杀联系在了一起 |
[00:52] | and if we provided the weapon, we’re on the hook. | 如果是我们提供的武器那我们就摆脱不掉干系 |
[00:55] | Call the Israeli Embassy. Get Ambassador Dworsky in here. | 给以色列大使馆打电话让德沃斯基大使来一趟 |
[00:58] | Ma’am, we’ve been trying. He’s incommunicado. | 国务卿女士 我们一直在试但联系不上他 |
[01:00] | Well, then we’re gonna have to | 那我们得尽快 |
[01:01] | get him on the fly because, Jay, I got to brief POTUS. | 找到他 因为我要跟总统汇报 杰伊 |
[01:05] | Will you bring our congressional allies into the loop? | 请你跟我们国会的盟友们通报一下 |
[01:07] | – Yes, Madam Secretary. – Okay. | -好的 国务卿 -好 |
[01:08] | – Kat? – Yes. – Yes. | -凯特 -在 -在 |
[01:09] | And Blake. Want you to reach out to the families | 还有布莱克 你们去跟那些孩子的家人 |
[01:12] | of those children. I mean, | 联系一下 |
[01:14] | burial logistics, humanitarian relief, | 安葬事宜 人道主义援助 |
[01:17] | whatever we can do to show our solidarity. | 我们能做的任何事 来表达我们的支持 |
[01:19] | – Yes, ma’am. – Stay on point. | -遵命 -就事论事 |
[01:22] | Acknowledge the tragedy, | 只认可悲剧的发生 |
[01:23] | but no acceptance of responsibility | 绝不承担责任 |
[01:25] | until it has been thoroughly investigated, okay? | 直到详细的调查得出结论以后 明白了吗 |
[01:27] | Statement for your review to that very effect. | 以这样的精神写的声明 您审核一下 |
[01:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:31] | Yeah, yeah. Th-That’s g-good. Get that out. | 嗯 很好 发出去吧 |
[01:33] | Okay? | 好吧 |
[01:35] | Before you send it out… | 在你发出去之前… |
[01:36] | Hey, listen, this is a priority, okay? | 听着 这是最急的事 |
[01:38] | Everything else takes a back seat. | 其他的事都可以放后面 |
[01:40] | Yes, ma’am. | 清楚了 国务卿 |
[01:45] | 接受叙利亚难民 不要叙利亚战争 | |
[01:46] | American imperialism has to stop! | 美帝国主义必须停止 |
[01:49] | We are the world’s bully. Wait! | 我们是世界凌霸 等等 |
[01:52] | Hey! Hey, you work with the White House, right? | 喂 你在白宫工作 对吧 |
[01:55] | I’m just a guy trying to meet his step quota. | 我只是要走够今天步数的人而已 |
[01:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, one of the architects | 女士们先生们 这就是我们缺德的外交政策 |
[02:00] | of our immoral foreign policy. | 的制定者之一 |
[02:02] | If you’ll excuse me… | 请让一下… |
[02:03] | No, I will not excuse you. | 我才不会让开 |
[02:05] | Neither will the children you bombed. | 那些被你炸死的孩子们也不会 |
[02:07] | Oh, my God, you have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我的天 你不知道你在说什么 |
[02:09] | I have a right to my opinion. | 我有表达意见的权利 |
[02:10] | I’m not saying you don’t, but while you’re out here | 我没说你没有 但是你在外面 |
[02:13] | smearing us, I’m in there 16 hours a day | 诋毁我们的时候 我在里面每天十六个小时 |
[02:16] | actually trying to fix some of the things | 就是在努力解决 |
[02:17] | you’re raving about. | 你乱喷的一些事情 |
[02:18] | An American-made cluster bomb! | 一枚美国制造的集束炸弹 |
[02:21] | This is your issue du jour, right? | 这是你今天的重点 对吧 |
[02:24] | Yesterday it was Social Security. | 昨天是社会保障 |
[02:26] | Last week, what, the vaccine conspiracy. | 上周 什么来着 疫苗阴谋 |
[02:29] | I’m holding government accountable. | 我要让政府承担责任 |
[02:30] | Who’s holding you accountable? | 那你来让你承担责任呢 |
[02:31] | Well, certainly not a government lackey. | 反正不能是政府的走狗 |
[02:33] | Let me tell you a thing or two about this lackey. | 我来告诉你一点这条走狗的事 |
[02:36] | Syria is a dumpster fire, Mr. President. | 叙利亚就是个大麻烦 总统先生 |
[02:39] | You got the oppressive Nussir regime | 高压统治的努希尔政权 |
[02:42] | locked in a brutal civil war with rebel forces. | 与反对派武装陷入残酷的内战 |
[02:45] | Russia, Iran, and Hezbollah | 俄罗斯 伊朗和黎巴嫩真主党 |
[02:48] | supporting the government. The opposition forces | 支持政府 而反对派武装 |
[02:49] | are backed by a U.S.-led Western coalition. | 由美国为首的西方阵营支持 |
[02:53] | Meanwhile, Iran’s smuggling arms to Israel’s enemies | 同时 伊朗通过叙利亚走私军火 |
[02:56] | through the country and Israel’s bombing the convoys | 给以色列的敌人 于是以色列就拼命 |
[02:59] | as fast as it can. | 轰炸运输车队 |
[03:00] | Syria and Israel are still technically in a state of war. | 叙利亚和以色列在事实上还处于战争状态 |
[03:04] | Russia is trying to expand its role in the region. | 俄罗斯则寻求在本地区扩大其影响 |
[03:07] | You got Shiites and Sunnis | 再加上什叶派和逊尼派 |
[03:09] | and a rising tide of Islamic terrorism. | 以及日渐壮大的伊斯兰恐怖主义 |
[03:12] | I’d need a weekend retreat to talk about | 光是对于人权的践踏问题 |
[03:14] | the human rights violations and… | 我就能在外面找个地方专门说上一个周末 |
[03:15] | Basically, | 基本上 |
[03:17] | U.S. and Russia are using client states | 美国和俄罗斯在通过各自的附庸国 |
[03:19] | to control an unstable region. | 控制一个不稳定的地区 |
[03:22] | Danger is that the proxies drag us | 危险在于这些傀儡国会把我们 |
[03:24] | into a conflict with Russia. | 拖进与俄罗斯的对抗之中 |
[03:26] | Concise. | 简明扼要 |
[03:27] | Here to help. | 乐于效劳 |
[03:28] | Russia’s already using this incident | 俄罗斯已经在以这个事件 |
[03:31] | as a pretext | 为借口 |
[03:32] | to expand military support to Syria. | 扩大对叙利亚的军事援助 |
[03:34] | If Russia gets more involved with Syria… | 如果俄罗斯介入叙利亚更多的话… |
[03:36] | We have to back Israel, which increases the risk | 我们只能支持以色列 从而增加了 |
[03:38] | of an American conflict with Russia. | 美国与俄罗斯冲突的危险 |
[03:40] | Which it’s bedrock U.S. policy to avoid. | 而避免与俄罗斯冲突是美国政策的基石 |
[03:42] | Dozens of dead children? There has to be accountability. | 几十个儿童死了 总要有人来负责 |
[03:46] | Bess, what do we hear from the Israelis? | 贝丝 以色列那边怎么说 |
[03:48] | I’ve summoned Ambassador Dworsky. | 我已经传唤了德沃斯基大使 |
[03:50] | I’ll get his side. | 我会知道他的立场 |
[03:51] | Well, get it fast. | 越快越好 |
[03:52] | Henry, you familiar with the Convention on Cluster Munitions | 亨利 对于禁止使用此类武器的 |
[03:54] | banning the use of this type of weapon? | 《集束弹药公约》你熟悉吗 |
[03:57] | Yes, sir. 120 signatories around the world, | 熟悉 总统先生 世界上120个缔约国 |
[04:00] | excluding the United States and Russia. | 不包括美国和俄罗斯 |
[04:03] | Well, I’d like you to red team this, | 我派你挑战一下权威 |
[04:05] | get with DNI. I want to know how this happened. | 与国家情报局一起 我要知道是怎么回事 |
[04:07] | Tragedy of this dimension means that we need | 这么大的惨剧意味着我们要 |
[04:08] | to re-evaluate our stance here. | 重新评估我们在这公约上的立场 |
[04:11] | Mr. President, | 总统先生 |
[04:12] | not to minimize the human toll here, | 我并非是想忽略死这么多人的情况 |
[04:14] | but this question has been asked and answered. | 但是这个问题已经提出并被回答过了 |
[04:16] | Resoundingly. U.S. policy is not to limit | 很明确地 美国的政策是我们不会限制 |
[04:18] | the weapons at our disposal. | 我们手中这类武器的使用 |
[04:21] | Folks, I value your input, | 两位 感谢你们的见解 |
[04:24] | but let’s save it for your roundtable. | 但是这些还是等到你们开圆桌会议时吧 |
[04:26] | – Thank you. – Yes, sir. | -谢谢大家 -好的 总统先生 |
[04:27] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 总统先生 |
[04:31] | I’ll be rolling calls on this cluster bomb debacle, Adele, | 我要打一圈电话处理集束炸弹惨案 阿黛尔 |
[04:34] | 一级战备 描述美国遭遇外国军队全面入侵 正在遭受最严重的实际军事威胁的状况 从未被使用过 | |
[04:34] | so no interruptions. If it ain’t DEFCON 1, | 不要打扰我 除非出现一级战备状态 |
[04:36] | – not a peep. – Yes, sir. | -一声别出 -遵命 |
[04:38] | That goes for all birds. | 所有人都一样 |
[04:42] | I have to show him, don’t I? | 我得给他看看 是不是 |
[04:51] | What did I just say? | 我刚刚怎么说的 |
[04:53] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 很抱歉 |
[04:55] | Nothing but crackpot notions. | 无非是些不切实际的想法 |
[04:57] | Excuse me. | 你说什么 |
[04:58] | No, I’m not calling you a crackpot. | 我不是说你不切实际 |
[05:00] | There’s plenty of well-adjusted, sane individuals | 有很多正常的 理性的人 |
[05:02] | who set up tents around the White House. | 在白宫周围安营扎寨 |
[05:04] | I have a right to be here. | 我有权利在这里 |
[05:06] | Yes, you do, where criticizing is easy. | 对 你是有 可挑毛病很容易 |
[05:09] | Governing is hard. | 管理政府就难了 |
[05:11] | Put that on your next sign and smoke it. | 下次把这句话写到你牌子上 一边去吧 |
[05:16] | That… | 那… |
[05:18] | that is taken completely out of context. | 那完全是断章取义 |
[05:21] | She accosted me. | 她是主动跟我说话的 |
[05:24] | Oh, my God, I look like | 我的天 看起来 |
[05:25] | I’m berating a homeless woman | 我声色俱厉地对待一个敢跟我 |
[05:26] | for having the nerve to talk to me. | 对话的无家可归的妇女 |
[05:28] | You know what? I will handle this. | 听着 我来处理这个 |
[05:30] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[05:31] | I don’t have time for this nonsense. | 我没时间处理这种杂事 |
[05:33] | Carol. | 是卡罗尔 |
[05:36] | This is all over the Internet, isn’t it? | 这视频已经在网上传疯了是不是 |
[05:42] | Hi, sweetheart. What? | 喂 亲爱的 什么 |
[05:45] | No, I was drinking decaf. | 不 我喝的是脱因咖啡 |
[05:47] | Yes. Of course I know that-that getting into shouting matches | 我当然知道对陌生人大喊大叫 |
[05:51] | with strangers is bad for my blood pressure. | 对我的血压不好 |
[05:53] | I do not have an anger management problem! | 我能控制好自己的愤怒情绪 |
[05:57] | The United States would like to extend our condolences | 美国为这次悲剧 |
[06:00] | for this tragedy. | 表示哀悼 |
[06:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:08] | Um, we would also like to connect the families | 我们还想将失去孩子的家庭 |
[06:10] | who have lost children with NGOs | 和能够提供帮助的非政府组织 |
[06:12] | who can provide support. | 联系起来 |
[06:14] | Yes. They can defray funeral costs. | 是的 他们能支付葬礼费用 |
[06:16] | They can assist with asylum claims. | 可以帮忙申请庇护 |
[06:19] | What about our children? | 那我们的孩子呢 |
[06:22] | We’re expressing our deepest sympathies. | 我们向他们表示最深切的同情 |
[06:29] | Sympathies. | 同情 |
[06:30] | For an American-made bomb that murdered our sons, | 美国制造的炸弹杀害了我们的孩子 |
[06:33] | that took the flowers from our garden, | 夺走了我们花园里的鲜花 |
[06:35] | the light from our lives. | 夺走了我们生命里的光 |
[06:39] | We don’t want NGOs. We want justice. | 我们不想要非政府组织 我们想要正义 |
[06:43] | We want our children back. Can you give us these things? | 我们要孩子们回来 你能满足我们的要求吗 |
[06:57] | Uh, ma’am, I have Alison for you. | 国务卿 艾莉森找您 |
[07:01] | Hey, kiddo, little busy here. | 孩子 我这有点忙 |
[07:02] | Mom, the Internet is slow, like Stone Age slow. | 妈妈 网速太慢了 像石器时代那么慢 |
[07:06] | Well, call our provider. | 给服务商打电话 |
[07:07] | They keep you on the phone forever, | 他们的电话永远打不进去 |
[07:09] | and my paper on Givenchy is due tomorrow. | 我那篇纪梵希的论文明天就要交了 |
[07:13] | Try the library. | 去图书馆试试 |
[07:15] | They have Internet and helpful, smiling people | 图书馆有网络 还有对你微笑的工作人员 |
[07:17] | who aren’t trying to save the world order from crumbling. | 而且他们不用忙着拯救濒临崩溃的世界秩序 |
[07:20] | Bye, Ali. | 再见 艾莉 |
[07:22] | Jason, do you know how to fix the Internet? | 杰森 你知道怎么修网络吗 |
[07:26] | Well, the open-source culture generally doesn’t mesh well | 开源式文化 |
[07:28] | with WPA supplicant configuration files. | 和客户端配置文件兼容得不太好 |
[07:32] | So… | 所以… |
[07:35] | I’m not accusing you of anything, Ambassador Dworsky. | 我不是在指责你什么 德沃斯基大使 |
[07:37] | I’m asking for an explanation. | 我只是需要一个解释 |
[07:41] | And I’m giving you one. | 我正在给你解释 |
[07:42] | The IDF is not in the habit of bombing children. | 以色列国防军没有轰炸儿童的习惯 |
[07:45] | I never said habit. | 我从没说过习惯 |
[07:46] | I’m hoping it was an accident. | 我希望这是一个意外 |
[07:48] | The world will see it as a war crime. | 全世界都会认为这是战争罪行 |
[07:51] | Precipitated by a weapon we only provide to Israel. | 利用美国只提供给以色列的武器犯下的罪行 |
[07:54] | Meaning the burden of proof is on your country to establish | 也就是说你们国家有责任证明 |
[07:57] | that it had no involvement in this bombing. | 你们和这次炸弹袭击没有关系 |
[07:59] | And if we can’t prove a negative? | 如果我们无法证明怎么办 |
[08:02] | First things first. | 首先 |
[08:03] | Syria is now an Israeli no-fly zone. | 叙利亚现在是以色列禁飞区 |
[08:06] | And all shipments | 并且在我们的调查期间 |
[08:08] | of the CBU-87 will be suspended pending our investigation. | 所有CBU-87的运输将会暂停 |
[08:12] | So now the U.S. is doing Iran’s bidding. | 所以现在美国是在为伊朗说话 |
[08:15] | – Ambassador Dworsky… – If America handcuffs us, | -德沃斯基大使… -若美国限制我们 |
[08:17] | Iran will have carte blanche to expand its military presence | 伊朗将会无限扩张其在叙利亚的军事部署 |
[08:21] | in Syria and continue arming our enemies. | 并继续给我们的敌人提供武装 |
[08:24] | United States won’t let that happen, Mr. Ambassador. | 美国不会让让这种情况发生 大使先生 |
[08:26] | Let it happen? | 不会让这种情况发生 |
[08:28] | You’re facilitating it by helping Iran scapegoat us. | 你们帮伊朗陷害我们就会促使这种情况发生 |
[08:32] | We’re simply asking | 我们只是让您 |
[08:33] | for you to put a moratorium on IDF sorties | 暂停以色列国防军的行动 |
[08:36] | until we can get to the bottom of this. | 直到我们弄清真相为止 |
[08:37] | And will there be a moratorium on Iranian arms convoys? | 伊朗的武器护卫队会暂停吗 |
[08:41] | On the build-out of Iranian infrastructure | 伊朗在距离特拉维夫几英里的地方 |
[08:44] | just miles from Tel Aviv? | 修建的基础设施会暂停吗 |
[08:46] | If America’s not willing | 如果美国不愿意保护我们 |
[08:47] | to defend us, then we will defend ourselves. | 那么我们会保护我们自己 |
[08:51] | Good day, Madam Secretary. | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[08:55] | Cluster bombs have an important strategic role to play | 集束炸弹在美国的军事政策中 |
[08:58] | in U.S. military policy. By dispersing | 有很重要的战略作用 |
[09:01] | multiple packets at once, | 它能一次性散开多个子炸弹 |
[09:02] | they allow us to neutralize vehicles | 从而通过一次爆炸 |
[09:04] | and enemy personnel in a single blast. | 让车辆和敌方人员同时失去战斗力 |
[09:07] | You know, and more to the point, Moscow uses them, | 更重要的是莫斯科在使用它们 |
[09:09] | so we have to. | 所以我们也必须用 |
[09:11] | Yeah, tell that to the parents of the 29 children. | 你去对那29个孩子的父母这样说试试 |
[09:13] | It’s about mutual deterrence, Henry. | 这是互相威慑 亨利 |
[09:15] | Gifting the Russians a strategic advantage | 让俄罗斯获得战略优势 |
[09:17] | – risks asymmetric warfare. – We’re talking about | -会带来不对称战争的风险 -问题是 |
[09:19] | an anti-personnel weapon whose sole purpose it is | 一种杀伤性武器 其唯一的目的 |
[09:22] | – to maximize carnage and death. – Okay, come on, | 是将死亡人数最大化 |
[09:24] | Henry, every weapon in creation has that goal. | 亨利 所有武器都是为了这个目的而造的 |
[09:26] | – It’s not the tool, it’s how it’s used. – Okay. | 问题不在于工具本身 而在于如何使用它 -好吧 |
[09:28] | – So we should build in additional safeguards. – Yes. | -所以我们应该建立额外防御措施 -没错 |
[09:32] | Like imposing more stringent rules | 比如对于和以色列的接触 |
[09:34] | of engagement on Israel, which we can discuss. | 采取更严格的规定 这个我们可以讨论 |
[09:37] | I’m aware of the strategic and military concerns, | 我知道我们有战略和军事上的考虑 |
[09:39] | but there are serious ethical considerations | 但我们同时也必须考虑 |
[09:41] | that we’ve got to take into account. | 一些重要的道德问题 |
[09:43] | 98% of submunition casualties | 全世界98%的子母弹伤亡人员 |
[09:46] | around the globe are civilian. | 都是平民 |
[09:48] | – 98%. – All right. | -98% -好吧 |
[09:51] | All valid points. | 都很有道理 |
[09:54] | We need to find out what happened, | 我们需要查清楚到底发生了什么 |
[09:56] | move this conversation forward, | 推进我们的讨论 |
[09:57] | and provide POTUS with a swift recommendation. | 迅速给总统提供一个建议方案 |
[10:01] | Russell, in terms of a timetable… | 拉塞尔 说到时间表… |
[10:02] | I’m not rushing you, Henry. | 我不是在催你 亨利 |
[10:04] | This should be done as quickly as possible, | 这件事情应该尽快解决 |
[10:06] | but not quicker. | 不能再拖了 |
[10:10] | This is SatNav footage taken nine hours ago | 这是九个小时前在叙利亚西北部的 |
[10:13] | of the Russian-operated Khmeimim Air Base | 希美米空军基地 |
[10:15] | in northwestern Syria. | 拍摄到的卫星图像 |
[10:18] | What you see here | 你们看到的 |
[10:19] | is a Syrian MiG-29 taxiing on the runway. | 是一架叙利亚米格-29战斗机在跑道上滑行 |
[10:23] | It’s hardly news that the Syrian Air Force | 叙利亚空军使用俄罗斯空军基地 |
[10:25] | – uses Russian air bases. – Uh, yes, sir. | -并不新鲜 -是的 总统阁下 |
[10:27] | But the flight trajectory of this plane is telling. | 但是这架飞机的航线很奇怪 |
[10:32] | What you see now is a payload being dropped | 这架飞机在4500米的高度投放弹药 |
[10:34] | at a ceiling of 15,000 feet. Namely, a CBU-87. | 这是一枚CBU-87炸弹 |
[10:40] | Its laser-guided target | 它的激光制导目标 |
[10:41] | is an abandoned lot. | 是一块废弃的场地 |
[10:45] | This video is time-stamped 11 seconds | 这个视频的时间戳 |
[10:47] | before that cluster bomb detonated on those kids. | 是孩子们被集束炸弹轰炸前11秒 |
[10:54] | I’ll spare you the visual of the impact. | 爆炸的情形我就不让你们看了 |
[10:56] | So the cluster bomb was dropped from a Syrian plane | 所以是一架叙利亚飞机从俄罗斯空军基地出发 |
[10:58] | that took off from a Russian base. | 投下了集束炸弹 |
[11:00] | Meaning that Israel was right about being framed. | 也就是说以色列的确被陷害 |
[11:04] | They just had the wrong culprit. | 只不过他们找错了凶手 |
[11:05] | It wasn’t Iran. | 不是伊朗 |
[11:06] | It was Russia and Syria. | 是俄罗斯和叙利亚 |
[11:08] | Ephraim, I’d like to know how the hell | 埃弗兰 我想知道 |
[11:09] | Syria got a hold of one of our cluster bombs. | 叙利亚为什么会有我们的集束炸弹 |
[11:11] | – We’re still working that out, sir. – Mr. President, | -我们还在调查 总统先生 -总统先生 |
[11:12] | we have a more pressing problem now. | 我们现在有一个更紧迫的问题 |
[11:15] | Russia. It’s one thing to coordinate with a proxy. | 俄罗斯 找傀儡国家是一回事 |
[11:17] | It’s another to collaborate with them | 和傀儡国家勾结 |
[11:19] | to frame our chief U.S. ally in the region. | 陷害美国在该地区的主要盟友又是另一回事了 |
[11:21] | And if Russia uses this incident | 如果俄罗斯利用这次事件 |
[11:23] | to get more closely involved in the region, | 在该地区介入更深 |
[11:25] | it could tip the balance of power. | 有可能会打破地区力量平衡 |
[11:26] | I’m not gonna tolerate any more Russian expansionism. | 我不会继续容忍俄罗斯扩张主义 |
[11:29] | It’s time we had a tough discussion with Syria. | 我们该和叙利亚严肃地讨论一下了 |
[11:31] | A country with whom we have no diplomatic relations. | 我们和叙利亚没有建立外交关系 |
[11:35] | No, but I can back channel. | 确实没有 但我可以走非正式渠道 |
[11:37] | – Now, Bess. – Yep. | -马上 贝丝 -好 |
[11:38] | Because if Russia’s making a power play, we have to respond. | 如果俄罗斯要玩弄权术 我们必须作出回应 |
[11:40] | – With force. – Yes, sir. | -用武力手段 -好的 总统先生 |
[11:57] | I trust, as President Nussir’s first cousin | 我相信 作为努希尔总统最亲近的表兄 |
[12:01] | and a private citizen, | 和公民 |
[12:03] | you can pass on the administration’s message. | 你可以在两国政府间传递消息 |
[12:07] | Which is? | 什么消息 |
[12:12] | This is footage of a Syrian jet | 这是叙利亚战斗机 |
[12:14] | dropping the cluster bomb. | 空投集束炸弹的视频 |
[12:16] | No. This is footage of a Syrian jet | 不 这是叙利亚战斗机 |
[12:19] | flying into dense cloud coverage. | 飞进密云覆盖区的视频 |
[12:21] | Inconclusive at best. | 这证明不了什么 |
[12:22] | I don’t think that’s how you want to play this. | 我觉得你不会想玩这一套 |
[12:24] | Play what? | 玩什么 |
[12:25] | Israeli fighter jets were in the vector at the same time. | 以色列战斗机在同一时间也在那个航线上 |
[12:27] | Yet you prefer to slander our government | 而你们却偏要诽谤我国政府 |
[12:29] | by suggesting we would deliberately | 蓄意屠杀我们自己的 |
[12:31] | slaughter our own children? | 孩子 |
[12:32] | Rebel children… living in Aleppo, | 叛军的孩子… 他们住在阿勒颇 |
[12:36] | a city under insurgent control. | 一个在叛军控制下的城市 |
[12:39] | The CBU-87 is American-made. | CBU-87集束炸弹可是美国制造的 |
[12:41] | And you give it only to | 而且你们只把它卖给了 |
[12:43] | our sworn enemy, Israel. | 我们的死对头 以色列 |
[12:44] | Whom you’d be all too happy | 有他们做替罪羊 |
[12:45] | to scapegoat. | 你们最开心不过了 |
[12:47] | President Dalton is demanding | 道尔顿总统要求叙利亚 |
[12:48] | Syria take public responsibility for this bombing. | 为这起炸弹事件承担公众责任 |
[12:51] | And if we don’t? | 如果我们不负责呢 |
[12:52] | Once we have conclusive proof Damascus is behind this, | 一旦我们有确凿证据证明大马士革是幕后主使 |
[12:57] | we will seek additional sanctions | 我们会对早已处于崩溃边缘的 |
[12:58] | against your government, | 贵国政府进行 |
[12:59] | which is already on the brink of collapse. | 进一步制裁 |
[13:03] | This is an outrage. | 这只是出于愤怒 |
[13:04] | The outrage is 29 dead children. | 我们的愤怒是因为二十九个死去的孩子 |
[13:06] | We still have our friends, Madam Secretary, | 国务卿女士 即使你们不愿意做我们的 |
[13:08] | even if your country isn’t among them. | 盟友 我们还有其他盟友 |
[13:11] | But I’ll relay your message to President Nussir. | 但我还是会把你的消息带给努希尔总统 |
[13:14] | And he has one for you. | 而且他也有个消息托我带给你 |
[13:16] | When we prove Israel and the United States | 只要我们能证明以色列和美国是 |
[13:17] | were behind this, | 这起事件的幕后黑手 |
[13:19] | Syria won’t be the one facing sanctions. | 面临制裁的国家就不是叙利亚了 |
[13:24] | Dynametrics Munitions | 动态弹药公司 |
[13:25] | has never missed a delivery date, | 从来没有错过交付日期 |
[13:27] | had a cost overrun, | 从未造成成本超支 |
[13:28] | or been accused of misconduct. | 或被指控失职 |
[13:31] | And let me assure all of you that the chain of custody | 我可以向你们所有人保证 |
[13:34] | of every piece of ordinance that we manufacture, | 我们生产条例中的每部分都有一条监管链 |
[13:37] | including the CBU-87s, can be accounted for. | 包括CBU-87 都清晰可查 |
[13:40] | We operate in strict accordance with DOD regulations. | 我们严格按照国防部的规定来操作 |
[13:43] | One of these weapons fell into Russian or Syrian hands. | 个别武器落到了俄罗斯或叙利亚手中 |
[13:47] | It had to have happened after delivery to the Israelis. | 那一定是在交付给以色列之后发生的 |
[13:52] | Leland, we appreciate the due diligence, | 莱兰德 很感谢你们进行的尽职调查 |
[13:53] | but can you talk to us about collateral damage estimates? | 能跟我们谈谈预估的连带伤害吗 |
[13:58] | Mr. President. | 总统先生 |
[13:59] | Sorry to interrupt, Henry. | 很抱歉打断你们 亨利 |
[14:00] | Just want to say hi to an old golfing buddy. | 只是想来跟我的高尔夫球老友打个招呼 |
[14:02] | How are you, Leland? | 你还好吗 莱兰德 |
[14:03] | Good to see you, Conrad. | 见到你很高兴 康拉德 |
[14:05] | When, uh, Dr. McCord here is done examining you, | 等麦考德博士对你的审查结束了 |
[14:08] | come by for a Scotch. | 过来喝杯威士忌 |
[14:10] | As you were, everyone. | 继续吧 各位 |
[14:15] | How come you’re staring | 为什么你今晚一副看什么 |
[14:16] | at everything tonight like it’s cauliflower? | 都不顺眼的样子 |
[14:19] | Oh… no appetite. This cluster bomb thing. | 没胃口 因为集束炸弹的事 |
[14:23] | – Feel like you’re being played? – Like a banjo. | -感觉像被耍了吗 -像猴一样 |
[14:26] | Turns out the CEO of the contractor | 原来生产炸弹的承包商的 |
[14:28] | who manufactures this bomb is one of the president’s BFFs. | 首席执行官是总统的死党 |
[14:33] | Where are you on the bomb’s provenance? | 炸弹的来源你们查得怎么样了 |
[14:34] | Well, forensics are ongoing. | 法证部门还在查 |
[14:36] | Ephraim’s team is trying | 埃弗兰的团队在努力 |
[14:38] | to determine what batch the cluster bomb was from. | 确定炸弹的批次 |
[14:40] | That way they can lock down | 这样他们就可以锁定 |
[14:41] | the munitions delivery date to Israel. | 弹药交付给以色列的日期 |
[14:43] | Hopefully shed some light on how Syria | 希望能由此查出叙利亚 |
[14:45] | got its hands on the bomb. | 是如何搞到这些炸弹的 |
[14:47] | Yeah, it’s gonna be weeks before they button that up. | 是的 他们还得查几个星期才会有结果 |
[14:50] | Lean on Ephraim to share his preliminary results with you. | 希望埃弗兰能把他的初步调查结果分享给你 |
[14:54] | – Why would he do that? – Professional courtesy. | -他为什么要那么做 -出于职业礼节 |
[14:57] | One intel pro to another. | 情报人员之间的信息交流 |
[14:59] | Mm, yeah, I guess. | 我觉得他应该会吧 |
[15:00] | How are you doing? | 你那边怎么样了 |
[15:02] | Flailing. | 还在垂死挣扎 |
[15:04] | Israel and Syria are stirring the pot. | 以色列和叙利亚都在趁火打劫 |
[15:06] | The proxies are out of control. | 孩子们都已经失控了 |
[15:08] | What about the principals? | 那家长们呢 |
[15:09] | Avdonin told me to kiss off. | 阿多宁让我别管了 |
[15:13] | Unlike you, I eat my feelings. | 和你不一样 我化悲愤为食欲 |
[15:20] | Oh, Ali was right. | 艾莉说得对 |
[15:21] | Our Internet is junky. | 我们家的网太烂了 |
[15:24] | Hey, did you call the ISP guy? | 你给网络供应商打电话了吗 |
[15:28] | Oh, yeah, they said that there’s nothing they can do. | 打了 他们说他们也无能为力 |
[15:30] | They ran a diagnostic, and apparently our bandwidth | 他们运行了诊断程序 我们家的带宽 |
[15:32] | is overloaded. | 显然是过载了 |
[15:33] | Seems like a lot of new devices | 看起来像是最近增加了 |
[15:35] | have recently been added. | 很多新设备 |
[15:37] | You know, when I took out the garbage, | 你知道吗 我拿垃圾出去的时候 |
[15:39] | I saw a bunch of empty boxes with computer stuff, | 看到了一大堆电脑硬件的空盒子 |
[15:41] | like graphics cards, | 像显卡 |
[15:43] | external hard drives, CPUs. | 外接硬盘 CPU之类的 |
[15:45] | I thought, I don’t know, maybe it was you or… | 我以为 我也不知道 可能是你或者 |
[15:47] | Me? I don’t even know what that stuff is. | 是我 我都不知道那些东西是什么 |
[15:52] | Jason! | 杰森 |
[15:55] | SpectroCoin. | 是斯派克币 |
[15:59] | – Heard of it? – Nope. | -听说过吗 -没有 |
[16:01] | It’s a cryptocurrency, and I’m mining it, | 是一种加密货币 我在挖矿 |
[16:03] | so I networked the house’s iPads | 所以我连上了家里所有的平板电脑 |
[16:05] | and laptops and desktops. | 笔记本和台式机 |
[16:06] | Meaning our computers are slow. | 所以我们的电脑变慢了 |
[16:08] | Because you turned them into your drone army. | 因为你把它们征用作你的挖矿大军了 |
[16:11] | I lost my financial aid. | 我失去了经济来源 |
[16:12] | You guys told me to be entrepreneurial. | 你们叫我自己创业 |
[16:13] | We didn’t tell you to play the lottery. | 我们可没叫你去玩彩票 |
[16:15] | I’m not. Look, | 我没有 听着 |
[16:18] | when global instability leads to currency fluctuation, | 当全球不稳定导致汇率波动时 |
[16:20] | people turn to decentralized cryptocurrencies. | 人们会倾向于用加密货币来分散投资 |
[16:23] | So, with the whole mess going on in Syria… | 所以 因为叙利亚的形势一团糟… |
[16:28] | So you’re betting against | 所以你赌我 |
[16:30] | me being good at my job. | 做不好我的工作 |
[16:33] | No, no, it-it’s arbitrage. | 不 这只是为了套利 |
[16:36] | – Look, I made three grand this month. – You did? | -听着 我这个月挣了三千美金 -真的 |
[16:38] | Less the money that you blew | 还不够你买这些 |
[16:41] | – on all that computer stuff. – Right. | -电脑硬件的 -没错 |
[16:43] | Invest in infrastructure. | 基础设施投资 |
[16:44] | That’s the first rule | 是财务成功的 |
[16:46] | of financial success. | 第一准则 |
[16:50] | Will you guys please let me do this? | 你们能不能别管我弄这个 |
[16:54] | Please? | 拜托 |
[16:55] | You release all of our devices from cyber bondage. | 你先把我们的所有设备从网络束缚中释放出来 |
[16:58] | And limit your hijacking of the Internet to when we’re | 而且我们要限制你在我们睡前或工作时 |
[17:01] | asleep or at work. Understood? | 占用网络 明白吗 |
[17:03] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[17:05] | But I will need to buy some new equipment | 但是我还需要买些新设备来 |
[17:10] | to optimize functionality. | 提高性能 |
[17:12] | The things is, I’m a little… | 问题是 我有点… |
[17:13] | I’m a little strapped for cash. | 我手头有点紧 |
[17:15] | Second rule of financial success: | 财务成功的第二准则 |
[17:16] | never ask your parents for money. | 绝不向父母要钱 |
[17:22] | Her name is Maggie… | 她叫麦琪… |
[17:23] | Stevie! | 斯蒂芬 |
[17:24] | Those tireless criticisms seem to have finally hit home. | 这些不知疲倦的批评家看来终于击中了要害 |
[17:26] | Fresh off an awkward confrontation | 刚刚结束与总统幕僚长的 |
[17:28] | with the president’s chief of staff. | 尴尬对峙 |
[17:30] | Stevie! I thought you were gonna put a lid on this. | 斯蒂芬 我以为你摆平这个了 |
[17:33] | I’m trying. I went to see her. | 我正在努力 我去看了她 |
[17:35] | I-I offered her space in a shelter. | 我在避难所给她找了个空位 |
[17:37] | I told her I’d get her a meeting with Social Services. | 告诉她我会帮她预约社会服务中心 |
[17:40] | I brought her coffee. | 我给她带了咖啡 |
[17:40] | – What did she say? – “No.” | -她说什么 -“不” |
[17:42] | “Stuff it.” | “你看着办” |
[17:43] | And she only drinks oat milk lattes, extra hot. | 她只喝燕麦牛奶拿铁 加热 |
[17:45] | She was yelling into the abyss. Now she’s got a megaphone? | 她大喊大叫 现在还拿到了扩音器 |
[17:48] | You had one task: keep the crazy lady at bay. | 你只有一个任务 把这个疯女人控制住 |
[17:51] | I know, I know. I think I may have found something. | 我知道 我知道 我好像发现了什么 |
[17:53] | Years ago, Maggie was an up-and-coming scholar | 几年前 麦琪是个很有前途的学者 |
[17:55] | doing a dissertation with government funding, | 拿着政府提供的资金做论文 |
[17:57] | which she lost because of allegations of plagiarism. | 但她由于被指控抄袭而失去了资助 |
[17:59] | Um, she was eventually cleared, but by that time | 最终她被证明是清白的 不过那时 |
[18:01] | she’d been drummed out of academia. | 她已经被学术界驱逐出来了 |
[18:03] | And that began her descent. | 然后她就开始走下坡路 |
[18:04] | Why is this interesting to me? | 我为什么要听这些 |
[18:05] | Because I have an idea. | 因为我有个想法 |
[18:06] | Something that may help defuse the situation. | 能帮我们缓和这个情况的事情 |
[18:08] | Now, please. I don’t want | 麻烦现在就去 我不想再 |
[18:09] | – to hear about this again. – Okay. | -听到这个人了 -好 |
[18:12] | – Hi. – Dr. McCord to see you. | -好啊 -麦考德博士来见你 |
[18:14] | Home and abroad, the world’s coming apart, Henry. | 国内国外 世界在分崩离析 亨利 |
[18:16] | Seems like it’s down to the McCords to save it. | 看起来只有麦考德一家才能拯救世界了 |
[18:18] | Well, I don’t think this McCord is | 我这个麦考德 |
[18:20] | coming to the rescue quite yet. | 恐怕不是来拯救你的 |
[18:22] | Per Ephraim, preliminary analysis of the bomb fragments | 埃弗兰对炸弹碎片的初步分析 |
[18:26] | confirms the alloy was Russian in origin. | 证实合金来源于俄罗斯 |
[18:31] | Are you saying the cluster bomb was a Russian knockoff? | 你是说集束炸弹是俄罗斯仿制的吗 |
[18:33] | Yep. | 对 |
[18:35] | So, if this was all just Russia and Syria | 那要是这一切都是俄罗斯和叙利亚 |
[18:39] | trying to set us up, we’re off the hook. | 想要陷害我们 那我们就脱离困境了 |
[18:41] | Uh, slow down, Russell. | 慢点 拉塞尔 |
[18:43] | The metallurgical analysis doesn’t exonerate us. | 冶金学分析不能证明我们无罪 |
[18:47] | It points to a bigger problem. | 这带来一个更大的问题 |
[18:49] | For Russia to have replicated the CBU-87, | 俄罗斯要想复制CBU-87集束炸弹 |
[18:52] | they would’ve needed the weapon schematics. | 他们得有武器设计图 |
[18:55] | Someone at Dynametrics Munitions could be dirty. | 动态弹药公司里面可能有内鬼 |
[18:59] | Which means America could still have blood on its hands. | 说明美国可能还是撇不清关系 |
[19:03] | All right, stay on it. | 好吧 继续调查 |
[19:05] | I want to know the extent of Dynametrics’ culpability. | 我想知道动态弹药公司的过失有多大 |
[19:07] | Will do. | 好的 |
[19:12] | 20 minutes ago, a Russian troop transport | 二十分钟前 一架俄罗斯的运兵机 |
[19:14] | was shot down over Aleppo; 43 soldiers dead. | 在阿勒颇上空被击毁 43名士兵丧生 |
[19:17] | Have we heard from the Israelis? | 以色列那边有什么消息吗 |
[19:18] | The Israelis didn’t destroy the plane, sir. | 不是以色列人击毁的飞机 先生 |
[19:21] | Syria did. | 是叙利亚 |
[19:24] | Friendly fire? | 友军误伤吗 |
[19:25] | It would appear so. | 看上去是这样 |
[19:27] | Well, I don’t care if it was an act of God. | 就是上帝做的我都不在乎 |
[19:29] | Russian soldiers dead, Moscow will respond. | 俄罗斯士兵伤亡 莫斯科会反击的 |
[19:33] | Meaning the situation is deteriorating fast. | 意思是情况在迅速恶化 |
[19:35] | If proxies are blowing their principals’ planes | 如果傀儡国家轰炸主国的飞机 |
[19:38] | out of the sky, the situation’s untenable for everyone. | 那么情况已经没人控制得了了 |
[19:41] | Which could give us an opening. | 这给我们带来了突破口 |
[19:43] | Get with Avdonin, Bess, before that opening closes. | 贝丝 在突破口关闭前去找阿多宁 |
[19:45] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[19:50] | Thank you for meeting with me, Mr. Foreign Minister. | 感谢你能和我见面 外交部长先生 |
[19:53] | I was stateside to tour consulates when you reached out. | 你联系我时我正在美国境内参观领事馆 |
[19:57] | I thought a sit-down would be fruitful. | 我觉得面谈收获更大 |
[19:59] | I thought so, too. | 我也这么认为 |
[20:00] | This friendly fire incident underscores the peril | 这次友军误伤事件指明了 |
[20:04] | we now find ourselves in, | 我们所身处的危险程度 |
[20:05] | and how easily the chaos could draw our two countries | 还有这场混乱能多轻易就把我们两国 |
[20:10] | – into direct conflict. – I agree. | -引向直接冲突 -同意 |
[20:13] | Especially since it wasn’t friendly fire. | 特别是那次袭击并不是友军误伤 |
[20:17] | Intel on the flight path of an Israeli F-16 jet, | 这是一架以色列F16战机的飞行轨迹 |
[20:22] | which establishes it deliberately flew behind | 表明这架飞机在叙利亚的排炮 |
[20:25] | our transport plane the moment a Syrian battery | 锁定以色列入侵者时 |
[20:29] | locked onto the Israeli intruder. | 故意躲到了我们的运输机后面 |
[20:32] | Israel murdered our soldiers. | 是以色列人谋害了我们的士兵 |
[20:34] | We followed the protocols. | 我们遵守协议 |
[20:36] | Moscow was given a 60-second warning | 在进入叙利亚领空前 |
[20:38] | before we entered Syrian air space. | 给过莫斯科一个六十秒警告 |
[20:40] | Was apprised of our flight pattern, | 通告我们的飞行路线 |
[20:43] | our mission objective. Oh, I think we both know | -和任务目标 -我觉得我们都知道 |
[20:45] | what Israel’s true intentions were, Mr. Ambassador. | 以色列的真实目的是什么 大使先生 |
[20:49] | Given the lengths Russia and Syria went | 以俄罗斯和叙利亚为了把那枚 |
[20:51] | to frame Israel for that cluster bomb, | 集束炸弹诬陷给以色列所花费的精力来看 |
[20:54] | it seems like poetic justice | 能看到莫斯科的附属国 |
[20:55] | to see Moscow’s client state shoot down a Russian plane. | 击毁一架俄罗斯的飞机是公平的 |
[21:00] | This treachery was precipitated | 这是美国的引导 |
[21:03] | at the direction of the United States. | 的一场背叛 |
[21:05] | That’s a fabrication. | 你这是无稽之谈 |
[21:06] | And you want to talk about treachery? | 你想要聊聊背叛吗 |
[21:09] | How about Russia forging a U.S. bomb, | 那我们聊聊俄罗斯伪造一枚美国的炸弹 |
[21:11] | and giving it to Syria to murder children? | 送给叙利亚来谋杀儿童怎么样 |
[21:14] | And doing it all to frame the U.S.? | 做这一切都是为了陷害美国 |
[21:16] | Even if that fantasy were true, | 即便你的想象是真的 |
[21:19] | it hardly justifies a conspiracy to kill Russian soldiers. | 也不是谋杀俄罗斯士兵的阴谋的正当理由 |
[21:23] | We need to de-escalate. | 我们得将事件降级 |
[21:24] | Israel has to issue a statement | 以色列要发表一份声明 |
[21:26] | acknowledging its role in this crisis. | 表明在这场危机中扮演的角色 |
[21:28] | What role? | 什么角色 |
[21:29] | The role of defending our tiny country | 以我们的小小国家对抗 |
[21:31] | against a swarm of enemies backed by Moscow? | 一群背靠莫斯科的敌人的角色吗 |
[21:34] | In light of this aggression, | 由于这次侵犯行为 |
[21:36] | Russia will be supplying Syria | 俄罗斯会为叙利亚供应一批 |
[21:38] | with an upgraded air defense system. | 升级的对空防御系统 |
[21:40] | If Russia is augmenting Syria’s military capabilities, | 如果俄罗斯扩大叙利亚的军事能力 |
[21:45] | we demand the latest in U.S. technology… | 我们要求美国提供最先进的技术 |
[21:47] | So you want us to put you on a war footing with Syria. | 你是想我们让你们和叙利亚进入战争状态吗 |
[21:51] | We won’t sanction an arms race. | 我们不会支持军备竞赛 |
[21:53] | The U.S. has always | 美国一直在用 |
[21:54] | used Israel as a pawn for America’s agenda. | 以色列作为工具来达到其目的 |
[21:58] | You give us weapons, | 给我们武器 |
[21:59] | then handcuff us when we try to use them. | 然后在我们想要用的时候限制我们 |
[22:02] | Give us money, but tell us how to spend it. | 给我们钱 但是告诉我们怎么花 |
[22:05] | Thank you very much, but we are the ones at risk. | 非常感谢 但在战争前线承担风险的使我们 |
[22:08] | And we know how to protect ourselves. | 而我们知道如何保护自己 |
[22:11] | Russia will not tolrate the murder of its citizens. | 俄罗斯是不会容忍我国公民被谋害 |
[22:15] | An immediate response will be forthcoming. | 马上就会有反击的 |
[22:25] | So we’re sure | 所以我们确定 |
[22:26] | Russia wasn’t given the schematics for the CBU-87? | 俄罗斯没有窃取CBU-87的图纸吗 |
[22:30] | Yes. According to our investigation, | 对 根据我们的调查 |
[22:32] | there was no malfeasance, just negligence. | 没有不正当行为 只有疏忽 |
[22:35] | More like gross negligence, | 更像是瞒着国防部 |
[22:36] | behind DOD’s back. | 公然地疏忽 |
[22:38] | Dynametrics gutted their cyber security budget | 动态弹药公司抽去了网络安全预算 |
[22:40] | so they could undercut competitors on government bids. | 这样他们能在政府招标中比对手更便宜 |
[22:43] | In the process, creating vulnerabilities Russia exploited | 因此 给俄罗斯制造了可利用的弱点 |
[22:46] | by hacking the company’s database. | 让他们可以黑入公司的数据库 |
[22:49] | Thanks, Ephraim. | 谢谢 埃弗兰 |
[22:54] | Well, thank God we’re not looking at treason here. | 感谢上帝 没有叛国罪的事情 |
[22:57] | Well, cutting corners is no cause for celebration. | 也不能因为节约开支而庆幸 |
[23:00] | Dynametrics’s digital infrastructure | 动态弹药的数据基础设施 |
[23:02] | is woefully underfunded and just this side of legal. | 严重资金不足 并且差一点就违法了 |
[23:06] | Agreed, but as long as they played by the rules… | 同意 不过只要他们遵循规则 |
[23:09] | You can technically play by the rules and still be at fault. | 你可以理论上遵循规则但仍然有责任 |
[23:11] | That’s what ethics are all about. | 这就是道德所要约束的 |
[23:13] | Well, you can put it all in your report. | 你可以把这些写进你的报告里 |
[23:16] | Speaking of which, how’s it coming? | 说起来这个 你的报告怎么样了 |
[23:20] | It-it’s evolving. | 完善中 |
[23:22] | Evolving. | 完善中 |
[23:24] | Right. You know, | 好吧 你知道 |
[23:28] | there’s a lot at stake here. | 有很多事现在处于危急关头 |
[23:32] | After having refused to sign on to the cluster bomb ban, | 在拒绝签署禁用集束炸弹公约后 |
[23:37] | an about-face in the wake of a single tragedy | 在经过一次灾难之后改变主意 |
[23:39] | could be seen as an admission of wrongdoing. | 会被视为是对错误行为的默认 |
[23:43] | Or as an assumption of moral responsibility. | 或者是一种承担道德责任的行为 |
[23:47] | Moral responsibility has its costs. | 承担道德责任需要付出代价 |
[23:50] | One of which will be to tar the president. | 其中包括给总统抹黑 |
[23:54] | And the Secretary of State. | 给国务卿抹黑 |
[24:01] | New proposals to help the relatives | 帮助死难儿童家属的 |
[24:03] | of the dead children. I tried to get creative. | 新提案 我尽力创新了 |
[24:06] | Uh-huh, by reallocating some of our UNHCR funds | 通过重新分配联合国难民署基金 |
[24:09] | for housing allowances to the affected families. | 给受害家庭发放住房补贴 |
[24:11] | – Exactly. – Except this isn’t a refugee crisis. | -没错 -不过这不是难民危机 |
[24:14] | Homes weren’t destroyed; Foreign Affairs won’t sign off. | 没有家园被摧毁 外交事务处不会签字的 |
[24:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:21] | What about relocating the bereaved out of the war zone? | 那重新安置死者家属 搬离战区怎么样 |
[24:24] | How do we justify preferential treatment | 我们要怎么解释优惠待遇 |
[24:26] | when thousands of civilians have already perished? | 已经有数以千计的平民丧生了 |
[24:28] | It’s not preferential treatment. It’s a mission of mercy. | 这不是优惠待遇 这是慈善救助 |
[24:30] | Driven by American guilt over the use of a cluster bomb | 美国因为投放非本国制造的集束炸弹 |
[24:33] | we didn’t even manufacture, meaning it’s back | 而感到内疚所驱动的行为 意味着 |
[24:34] | – to the drawing board. – Back to the drawing board. | -重写 -重写 |
[24:39] | This is your carrel. | 这是你的卡座 |
[24:42] | It’s got a nameplate. It says “Maggie Brixton.” | 上面有铭牌 写着玛吉·布里克斯顿 |
[24:47] | You got me a desk? | 你给我设了个座位 |
[24:48] | Yes. And the administration has received assurances | 是的 政府已经得到保证 |
[24:52] | that you can do as much reading and writing here | 你可以在这里随意阅读和写作 |
[24:55] | as you want, undisturbed. | 不受打扰 |
[24:56] | And you think this trivial gesture will buy my silence? | 你以为这点小恩小惠就可以使我保持沉默吗 |
[25:01] | There’s… | 这不是… |
[25:02] | there’s no quid pro quo here. | 这不是等价交换 |
[25:03] | You bet there’s not. | 当然不是 |
[25:06] | Because I am only getting started. | 因为我才刚开始 |
[25:08] | The Dalton administration will not silence me. | 道尔顿政府无法使我沉默 |
[25:12] | Yeah, one sign a day, | 一天一个标语 |
[25:13] | – that’s too much for you? How about ten? – Uh, Stevie… | -你们就受不了了吗 那十个呢 -斯蒂芬 |
[25:16] | You will be held to account for every transgression. | 你们要为每一个罪行负责 |
[25:20] | Every moral failing, every act of greed, because this… | 每一个道德污点 每一次贪得无厌 因为… |
[25:23] | – Stevie, now. – Just wait. Wait. | -斯蒂芬 快走 -等一下 |
[25:24] | …t-this… | 这… |
[25:27] | this is, t-the type of control mechanism | 这是所有政府 |
[25:31] | that every government, | 所有专制者的 |
[25:34] | every despot… | 控制机制 |
[25:46] | Okay. We can go now. | 好了 现在可以走了 |
[25:53] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[25:54] | Yeah, I’m just t-trying to wrap my head around normalizing | 没事 我只是满脑子都在为死难儿童 |
[25:58] | an acceptable level of dead children. | 寻求一个合理层面的解释 |
[26:01] | Well, you’re no stranger to collateral damage. | 你对附带伤害并不陌生 |
[26:05] | You were a fighter pilot. | 你曾是战斗机飞行员 |
[26:07] | Yes, and I knew that innocents | 没错 我知道在交叉火力中 |
[26:10] | would inevitably be caught in the crossfire– | 难免伤及无辜 |
[26:12] | that’s something I’m still trying to reconcile– | 这一点我还在努力妥协 |
[26:15] | but it’s one thing to follow orders, | 但服从命令是一回事 |
[26:17] | it’s another to sanction weapons that you know | 赞成使用明知会造成平民伤亡的武器 |
[26:20] | will result in the death of civilians. | 又是另一回事 |
[26:21] | Cluster bombs indiscriminately kill people. | 集束炸弹必然会造成伤亡 |
[26:26] | That’s kind of what they’re all about. | 这就是制造它们的目的 |
[26:27] | Which is why we need diplomacy. | 所以我们需要外交 |
[26:29] | Yeah, well, diplomacy’s not working right now. | 现在外交不起作用 |
[26:33] | Syria’s about to open up a front against Israel | 叙利亚正在形成反以战线 |
[26:36] | and Iran is stepping up arms shipments to Hezbollah | 而伊朗不断给黎巴嫩真主党运送武器 |
[26:41] | and it’s just… | 就是… |
[26:43] | – Sorry. – W-Where are you with Russia? | -抱歉 -你跟俄罗斯谈得怎么样了 |
[26:45] | A whole bunch of nyet. | 大写的”不” |
[26:49] | I’m meeting with the president, joint chiefs | 明天早上第一件事就是跟总统和 |
[26:51] | first thing in the morning, but… | 参谋长联席会议成员开会 但是 |
[26:55] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你在跟我开玩笑吧 |
[26:57] | – What? – Our electric bill. | -什么 -我们的电费账单 |
[26:59] | It’s, like, 800 last month to 2,000? | 从上个月的八百涨到了两千 |
[27:02] | – Jason? – Jason? | -杰森 -杰森 |
[27:06] | Come here. | 过来 |
[27:12] | See, this is why we should all be using solar power. | 这就是为什么我们都该使用太阳能的原因 |
[27:14] | Oh, yes, well, until that time, your little | 在那之前 你的加密货币恶作剧 |
[27:16] | cryptocurrency escapade is gonna drive us into bankruptcy. | 会使我们家破产的 |
[27:20] | Meaning that you’re gonna pay us the difference | 也就是说你得支付给我们 |
[27:22] | between this and last month’s bill. | 这个月和上个月账单的差价 |
[27:25] | – 1,200 bucks. – Fine. | -1200美元 -好吧 |
[27:27] | I will wire you the equivalent in SpectroCoin. | 我会汇给你们等价的斯派克币 |
[27:29] | – No, no. – No, no. | -不 -不 |
[27:30] | Cash on the barrel. | 现金支付 |
[27:32] | How about you cover the power bill, | 不如你们付电费账单 |
[27:35] | and I will cut you in on my profits? | 我让你们分享我的收益怎么样 |
[27:38] | And you can think of that as an investment. | 你们可以当作是一种投资 |
[27:40] | We’ve already invested in you for 17 years, sport. | 我们已经在你身上投资17年了 小子 |
[27:43] | And it’s about to pay off. SpectroCoin is up 300% | 马上可以偿清了 斯派克币光这周 |
[27:45] | – this week alone. – Oh, that’s great. | -就涨了300% -太好了 |
[27:47] | Then you can sell some of your | 那你就可以卖掉一部分收益 |
[27:48] | booty and fork over the dough. | 支付现金了 |
[27:54] | This is not how the Zuckerbergs supported their kid. | 扎克伯格家可不是这么支持孩子的 |
[28:02] | Russell, hi. | 拉塞尔 |
[28:03] | Russia is sending their Northern Fleet to Latakia, | 俄罗斯正派北方舰队前往拉塔基亚港 |
[28:05] | Syria’s most important harbor. | 叙利亚最重要的海港 |
[28:07] | What? | 什么 |
[28:08] | It’s one big setup. | 这是个大设计 |
[28:09] | The cluster bomb, Moscow’s response | 集束炸弹事件 莫斯科对叙利亚 |
[28:11] | to Syria’s destruction of their plane… | 摧毁俄方战机的回击 |
[28:13] | It’s all to create leverage. | 都是为了相互制衡 |
[28:14] | They want a Mediterranean port. | 他们想占领地中海港口 |
[28:16] | Yeah, and the president’s not gonna allow that, | 没错 总统不会允许这种事情发生的 |
[28:19] | no matter what. | 无论如何 |
[28:20] | I’m on my way. | 我这就来 |
[28:22] | How bad? | 情况有多遭 |
[28:23] | Don’t wait on me for breakfast. | 不用等我吃早餐了 |
[28:31] | – It’s an armada. – Yes, sir. | -这是一支舰队 -是的 阁下 |
[28:33] | And once their Northern Fleet is in position, | 一旦北方舰队就位 |
[28:35] | we won’t be able to dislodge it without a war. | 不开战无法将其驱逐 |
[28:37] | Bess, what do we hear from your counterpart? | 贝丝 你的俄罗斯同行怎么说 |
[28:40] | Avdonin insists | 阿多宁坚持认为 |
[28:41] | that an increased naval presence is necessary | 有必要增加海军进驻 |
[28:44] | to counter American and Israeli aggressions. | 来对抗美方和以方的侵犯 |
[28:46] | It’s a pretext. | 这是借口 |
[28:48] | Russia has a small naval facility in Tartus | 俄罗斯在塔尔图斯港有个小型海军站 |
[28:51] | that whet their appetite for regional domination. | 吊起了他们实行区域性统治的胃口 |
[28:53] | – And this fleet will give it to them. – Yes, sir. | -而这支舰队可以帮他们实现 -是的 阁下 |
[28:56] | And if we don’t push Russia back now, they will have a port | 如果我们现在不逼他们撤退 他们将占领一个 |
[28:58] | that puts them a stone’s throw from | 离土耳其的北约重要基地 |
[29:00] | vital NATO bases in Turkey. | 一步之遥的港口 |
[29:03] | I recommend that we send | 我建议派遣一支舰队 |
[29:04] | a fleet to intercept Russia’s advance. | 拦截俄罗斯的进驻 |
[29:07] | Which will put us on the verge of direct military conflict. | 这么一来 正面军事冲突一触即发 |
[29:10] | Only if Russia doesn’t blink. | 如果俄罗斯不让步的话 |
[29:12] | We have to hope they do. | 我们只能期望他们会做出让步 |
[29:15] | Gordon’s right. We have very little choice here. | 戈登说得对 我们别无选择 |
[29:20] | How far out is the Northern Fleet? | 北方舰队还有多远的航程 |
[29:22] | About 26 hours. Our Eighth Fleet needs | 约26小时 我们的第八舰队需要 |
[29:24] | about eight hours’ advance notice to intercept them. | 大约8小时的航程实现拦截 |
[29:27] | We’ve got 18 hours to get Russia to stand down. | 我们还有18个小时说服俄罗斯退军 |
[29:31] | Have you informed the president | 你向总统汇报动态弹药公司 |
[29:33] | about Dynametrics’s negligence in this? | 在这件事中的疏忽了吗 |
[29:35] | Uh, not yet. But you should include it in your report. | 还没有 但你可以写在报告里 |
[29:39] | A report that you’re going to deliver to the president, | 这份报告将由你递交给总统 |
[29:42] | who needs to know his friend was at fault. | 他有必要知道他的朋友有所失职 |
[29:44] | He will be so apprised. | 他会清楚地获悉的 |
[29:46] | Correct, because I’m gonna tell him myself. | 没错 因为我要亲自告诉他 |
[29:51] | Respectfully, Henry, that’s not SOP. | 别介意 亨利 这不是标准操作程序 |
[29:55] | Yeah, let’s talk about SOP, because you’ve been speeding | 说到标准操作程序 你从一开始 |
[29:57] | the plough on my work since the beginning. | 就干涉我的工作 |
[30:00] | Weighing in on the importance of not embarrassing | 权衡不为政府蒙羞的重要性 |
[30:02] | the administration, tacitly backing military prerogatives | 默认军事特权 |
[30:06] | over ethical ones. | 凌驾于道德之上 |
[30:07] | You’re not suggesting I wouldn’t provide the president | 你不会是暗示我不会向总统 |
[30:10] | an accurate summary of your conclusions? | 转交你的结论总结吧 |
[30:13] | It’s not just what you say, | 不仅是你说什么的问题 |
[30:15] | it’s how you say it. | 还有怎么说 |
[30:17] | Tone is substantive. | 语气是关键 |
[30:19] | Which is why I can’t allow you to mediate my advice, | 我不允许你居间调停我的意见 |
[30:21] | whitewash things. | 粉饰严重性 |
[30:22] | I know you think I’m working against you, Henry, but I’m not. | 亨利 我知道你认为我在给你拆台 但不是 |
[30:27] | I’m working for the president. | 我在为总统工作 |
[30:31] | And it’s my job to protect him | 我的职责就是 |
[30:33] | and the administration. | 维护总统以及政府 |
[30:34] | And it’s my job not to care about your job. | 而我的职责就是不用在意你的职责 |
[30:37] | You can’t varnish my advice, Russell. | 用不着美化我的意见 拉塞尔 |
[30:40] | Not if I’m gonna keep working here. | 只要我在这工作一天 就不行 |
[30:48] | I’ll set up a one-on-one. | 我安排个一对一面谈 |
[30:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:01] | Thank you both for coming on such short notice. | 谢谢你们能在如此仓促间赶到 |
[31:06] | You can dispense with the courtesy, Madam Secretary. | 国务卿女士 不必客套了 |
[31:09] | It was less an invitation than a summons. | 这本来就是传唤 并非邀请 |
[31:12] | Well, that’s fine. Neither of you need to talk. | 那好吧 你们俩都听着就行了 |
[31:20] | Effective immediately, the Israeli government | 以下即刻生效 以色列政府 |
[31:23] | will cease all sorties into Syrian airspace. | 将停止一切在叙利亚领空的军事行为 |
[31:26] | You must be joking. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[31:28] | And Syria will freeze all Iranian arms shipments | 叙利亚将冻结所有经过其领地的 |
[31:31] | through its territory. | 伊朗军火运输 |
[31:32] | Iran is an ally. Syria will do no such thing. | 伊朗是盟友 叙利亚不会这么做 |
[31:35] | You will do it, Adnan, | 你们会的 艾德南 |
[31:38] | or I will instigate | 否则我会敦促联合国安理会 |
[31:40] | an emergency session of the U.N. Security Council, | 召开紧急会议 |
[31:43] | and present evidence of Syria’s collusion | 并向他们提交叙利亚为了达成政治目的 |
[31:46] | with Russia to murder children for political gain. | 勾结俄罗斯屠杀儿童的证据 |
[31:50] | Your regime will have to answer | 你们的政府必须就这次屠杀 |
[31:52] | to its own people for the slaughter. | 对你们的人民承担责任 |
[31:54] | You wouldn’t dare. | 我量你不敢 |
[31:55] | At that same U.N. Security Council session, | 同时 在这个会上 |
[31:58] | I will also present evidence that Israel | 我也会提交以色列直接参与 |
[32:02] | had a direct involvement in the destruction of a Russian jet, | 摧毁俄运输机行动的证据 |
[32:05] | and without plausible deniability, | 而你们在无法推诿的情况下 |
[32:07] | you’ll have to face moscow’s wrath. | 不得不面对莫斯科的怒火 |
[32:09] | You must be mad. | 你疯了吗 |
[32:11] | More like furious. | 出离愤怒了 |
[32:13] | Furious enough to throw you both to the wolves | 愤怒到打算公开曝光你们的行径 |
[32:15] | by publicly exposing you. | 把你们俩直接喂狼 |
[32:18] | But there are bigger imperatives as stake, | 但为了以大局为重 |
[32:20] | so the both of you are going to stand down | 所以你们两个在接下来的24小时内 |
[32:23] | for the next 24 hours, which I hope | 给我消停点 |
[32:25] | is enough time to avert a war with Russia, a war | 希望还来得及避免这场与俄罗斯的战争 |
[32:30] | the actions of your countries put us on the brink of. | 你们做的这些事把美国推向战争的边缘 |
[32:36] | – Yes. – Yes. | -好的 -好的 |
[32:42] | That’ll be all. | 会议就到这 |
[32:51] | Nina. | 妮娜 |
[32:52] | – Yes. – Get me Henry. | -在 -给亨利打个电话 |
[32:53] | I need to talk to him before he talks to the president. | 在他跟总统汇报之前我得找他谈谈 |
[32:55] | Right away, Madam Secretary. | 马上 国务卿女士 |
[33:02] | You’re recommending we sign on to | 你建议我们签字 |
[33:04] | the ban on cluster bombs. | 同意禁用集束炸弹 |
[33:05] | Yeah, over the objection of Secretary Becker and Ellen Hill. | 是 在考虑过贝克尔部长和艾伦·希尔的反对意见后 |
[33:09] | Strenuous objection, I see. | 他们强烈的反对意见 |
[33:10] | Conrad, it comes down to this. | 康拉德 这个立场在于 |
[33:12] | How can we claim moral leadership | 其他文明国家都因残忍而禁用的武器 |
[33:14] | w-when we employ a weapon that the rest of civilization | 我们却还在用 |
[33:17] | has deemed too barbaric to use? | 我们怎么还能算是道德领袖 |
[33:19] | The benefits of having this… tool in our arsenal | 把这工具放在军械库的好处 |
[33:24] | are too small to offset the risk of misuse | 远不能抵消因滥用而伤及无辜的风险 |
[33:27] | and collateral damage, | 比如这次 |
[33:28] | the death of almost 30 children being a prime example. | 将近30个孩子的死亡就是例证 |
[33:31] | A powerful moral argument. | 强有力的道德论证 |
[33:34] | But Henry, when I asked you to take this on, | 但 亨利 我叫你着手此事的时候 |
[33:36] | I didn’t realize the scope | 我没想到俄罗斯参与这个阴谋 |
[33:38] | of Russia’s involvement in this mess. | 到了如此之深的地步 |
[33:39] | As long as Moscow has the bomb, | 只要莫斯科有这种集束炸弹 |
[33:41] | they have a strategic advantage. | 他们就有战略优势 |
[33:43] | Particularly if they’re willing to use it. | 尤其是他们还愿意使用这种炸弹 |
[33:44] | And given current events, | 考虑到眼下的情况 |
[33:45] | – I won’t cede an inch to them. – I understand. | -我不会对他们退让一步 -我懂 |
[33:47] | But what if Moscow was willing to sign on to the ban? | 但如果莫斯科愿意在禁用公约上签字呢 |
[33:50] | And how precisely are we going to get them to do that? | 那具体该怎么做才能让他们签字呢 |
[33:52] | Elizabeth has a plan. | 伊丽莎白有个计划 |
[33:54] | Which she’s willing to explore… | 她打算得到您的许可后 |
[33:56] | …with your permission. | 再展开计划 |
[33:59] | Well, if Russia signs on, I will too. | 好吧 如果俄国签了 我也签 |
[34:01] | I’ll tell her. | 我会跟她说的 |
[34:03] | Thanks, Henry. | 谢谢 亨利 |
[34:04] | And there is something else. | 还有件事 |
[34:07] | It has to do with my role here. | 是关于我在这的职责 |
[34:09] | I sometimes feel… | 我有时觉得被迫 |
[34:11] | pressured to rubberstamp | 在政府倾向实施的 |
[34:14] | policies the administration is inclined to pursue. | 政策上妥协 |
[34:15] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[34:17] | you’re an academic trapped in a political world. | 你是个被绊在政治世界里的学者 |
[34:20] | I never said your job was going to be easy. | 我从没说过你的工作会轻松 |
[34:22] | But I have to be able to push back when my mandate | 但当我的授权遭到妥协 |
[34:25] | – is being compromised. – And I expect nothing less. | -我必须得突破这些束缚 -而我也对你寄予厚望 |
[34:29] | Giving it to me straight is what I hired you to do. – Good. | -我雇你来就是要你直言不讳 -很好 |
[34:33] | Because we need to talk about Leland Grafton. | 因为我们得谈谈莱兰德·格拉夫顿 |
[34:46] | Well, his company’s security lapses are… | 他公司疏于安全防范 |
[34:50] | reckless. | 轻率的 |
[34:52] | And troubling. | 也是麻烦丛生的 |
[34:55] | But they’re not criminal. | 但他们不是罪犯 |
[34:56] | No, sir. | 当然不是 |
[34:57] | But I don’t think someone who avails himself | 但我认为一个利用每一个 |
[34:59] | of every conceivable loophole | 显而易见的漏洞来获利的人 |
[35:02] | should be awarded government contracts. | 不应该得到政府的合同 |
[35:04] | You know I can’t interfere in the bidding process. | 你知道 我干预不了竞标过程 |
[35:06] | No, but what you can do is tell your old friend | 但你可以告诉你的这位老友 |
[35:09] | that it’s time for him to step down. | 该收手了 |
[35:10] | Moral suasion. | 晓之以理 |
[35:13] | There’s no one in the world who’s in a better position | 对他施压 在这个世界上 |
[35:16] | to exert it than you. | 没有比你更合适的人选 |
[35:20] | My friend, we have had a difficult year together. | 朋友 我们已经一起度过了艰难的一年 |
[35:24] | So let’s talk common ground, then. | 让我们谈点共同的立场 |
[35:26] | Because in the past year, we’ve also found that. | 因为在过去的一年 我们对某些事也达成过一致 |
[35:28] | Nuclear de-escalation. | 比如核降级 |
[35:30] | No one ever thought it could be done. | 之前没人认为可以实现 |
[35:32] | But we agreed to take our | 然而我们同意 |
[35:34] | intercontinental ballistic missiles off | 从一触即发的警报系统里 |
[35:36] | the hair-trigger alert system. | 卸掉洲际弹道导弹 |
[35:38] | – And the world is safer. – It is. | -让世界更安全 -确实如此 |
[35:40] | And yet here we are, Konstantin. | 而现在我们还要达成一致 康斯坦丁 |
[35:43] | Hours away from a showdown between our two fleets. | 离我们的舰队相互见面只剩几个小时了 |
[35:48] | And if somebody fires a shot, | 如果有人开火 |
[35:52] | if intentions are slightly misread… | 如果一方的意图被曲解一丁点… |
[35:55] | What do you propose? | 你有什么建议 |
[35:57] | That we set an example for our proxies. | 我们不妨为各自的傀儡国树个榜样 |
[36:00] | Instead of them provoking us, we provoke them. | 不能让他们在我们之间挑事 |
[36:03] | You want us to join you in signing on | 你想让俄国加入美国一起 |
[36:06] | to the cluster bomb ban? | 在禁用集束炸弹公约上签字 |
[36:07] | A public display of cooperation. | 两国合作的明示 |
[36:10] | A gesture that sets the stage | 为我们共同撤回舰队 |
[36:12] | for us to jointly pull back our fleets. | 找个台阶下 |
[36:14] | That’s the first domino. | 这是多米诺骨牌的第一张 |
[36:16] | What’s the second? | 第二张呢 |
[36:17] | Moscow uses its influence to roll back | 用莫斯科的影响力来限制 |
[36:19] | Iran’s footprint in Syria. | 伊朗踏足叙利亚 |
[36:21] | And what about your proxy? | 那你的傀儡国呢 |
[36:23] | No, Israel will stay out of Syria. | 以色列将不再涉足叙利亚 |
[36:26] | And then Russia and the U.S. will hold talks | 然后俄罗斯和美国将会开展 |
[36:28] | about limiting our involvement in the Syrian civil war. | 关于限制插手叙利亚内战的谈话 |
[36:32] | And if we refuse these terms? | 如果我们拒绝签字呢 |
[36:34] | Then even if we dodge this bullet, | 那及时我们这次能躲过去 |
[36:37] | it’s a temporary reprieve. | 这只是暂时的缓解 |
[36:39] | We have this illusion | 我们现在的错觉是 |
[36:41] | that our proxies are… | 我们的傀儡国只是… |
[36:43] | our buffers. | 我们的缓冲区 |
[36:45] | We can offload our conflicts. | 能避免我们的直接冲突 |
[36:49] | But we are our proxies. | 我们的傀儡国就是我们 |
[36:51] | We hold each other accountable for what they do. | 我们要求对方对傀儡国的所作所为负责 |
[36:55] | Meaning, if we don’t reign them in, | 意思是如果我们不统治他们 |
[36:57] | our client states will ultimately drag us into war. | 我们的附属国最终会把我们卷入战争 |
[37:01] | And we can stop that from happening | 我们可以阻止这种情况的发生 |
[37:03] | by setting an example, | 只要我们以身作则 |
[37:04] | taking cluster bombs off the table… | 把集束炸弹撤下来… |
[37:08] | reducing our involvement in Syria. | 减少我们对叙利亚的参与 |
[37:11] | So… | 所以… |
[37:12] | if the principals behave… | 如果家长有所作为… |
[37:14] | – the proxies will follow. – Yes. | -小孩子就会跟上 -是的 |
[37:17] | We have to lead here, Konstantin. | 这件事得由我们领导 康斯坦丁 |
[37:19] | Together. | 一起领导 |
[37:21] | There is no other choice. | 我们别无选择了 |
[37:26] | Educational grants for Syrian refugees | 这是叙利亚难民的教育补助金 |
[37:28] | and the names of each of the dead children. | 以及每个死去的孩子的名字 |
[37:30] | – Blake. – I know– no admissions of guilt. | – 布莱克 – 我知道 不承认有罪 |
[37:32] | So we can de-link the grants from policy issues. | 因此我们可以利用政策问题取消拨款 |
[37:37] | You’re trying to ease suffering with grand gestures, | 你试图用高姿态来减轻痛苦 |
[37:38] | – which is statecraft. – Exactly. | -这算是治国之道 -的确是 |
[37:40] | Yeah, but this is different. | 是的 但这不一样 |
[37:41] | This is soulcraft. | 这是治魂之道 |
[37:43] | And soulcraft… | 治魂之道的意义是… |
[37:45] | you can’t assuage a loss by giving someone something. | 给某人一些东西并不能减轻他的悲痛 |
[37:48] | You can only do it by preventing something | 你只能通过阻止某些东西被拿走 |
[37:51] | from being taken away. | 来做到这一点 |
[37:54] | – I’m sorry, I don’t follow. – It’s okay. | -对不起 我不明白 -没关系 |
[37:55] | Come on, let’s go. I’ll explain on the way. | 来吧 我们走 我会在路上解释的 |
[37:58] | Hi. Thank you so much for talking to us again. | 你好 非常感谢你再次与我们交谈 |
[38:04] | What is it you want? | 你想要什么 |
[38:05] | We have searched in vain for ways to compensate you | 我们一直在徒劳的努力寻找补偿你 |
[38:08] | for the death of your sons. | 因你儿子的死而蒙受损失的方法 |
[38:09] | We realize the futility of our efforts. | 我们意识到我们的努力是徒劳的 |
[38:12] | Um, nothing we say or do can… can ease your pain. | 我们的做任何事情都不能…减轻你的疼痛 |
[38:16] | But m-maybe there’s something else we can do. | 但是 也许我们能做一些别的事情 |
[38:19] | Uh, in your son’s memory. | 来纪念你的儿子 |
[38:21] | In memory of all your boys. | 纪念你们所有的孩子 |
[38:23] | This is a letter of intent signed by | 这是一份由美国和俄罗斯两国 |
[38:25] | both the U.S. and Russia in which both countries | 共同签署的意向书 |
[38:27] | agree to join the ban on cluster bombs. | 同意加入集束炸弹禁令 |
[38:38] | So no more cluster bombs? | 所以再也没有集束炸弹了 |
[38:41] | No, ma’am. | 没有了 夫人 |
[38:44] | And the children who live because of this ban will have | 因为这个禁令而存活的孩子 |
[38:47] | your children to thank. | 感都会谢您的孩子 |
[38:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[38:57] | Global warming. | 全球在变暖 |
[38:59] | The destruction of the rain forest. | 雨林被破坏 |
[39:02] | – President Dalton is condemning us all. – Yeah! | -道尔顿总统害了我们所有人 -是啊 |
[39:07] | I’m being punked, right? | 我被打了 对吧 |
[39:09] | I tried, sir. I swear. | 我试过了 先生 我发誓 |
[39:12] | What about her carrel? | 她的图书馆卡座呢 |
[39:13] | Maggie loves it; she’s using it | 玛吉喜欢它 她在用它 |
[39:15] | to do research for her protests. | 为她的抗议做调查 |
[39:24] | Knock, knock. | 当当当 |
[39:27] | Oat milk latte. | 燕麦牛奶拿铁 |
[39:29] | Extra hot. | 特热 |
[39:31] | Consider this a peace offering. | 就当是赔罪礼物了 |
[39:33] | You can’t buy my silence. | 你收买不了我的 |
[39:35] | I’m going to speak truth to power. | 我要对上位者说实话 |
[39:36] | And now that power is finally listening, | 现在上位者终于听到了 |
[39:38] | – I am just getting started. – Look. | -我才刚刚开始呢 -听我说 |
[39:40] | Bringing you to heel, that’s not why I’m here. | 我来这里不是想让你屈服 |
[39:43] | I mean, candidly, that’s why I came, | 坦率地说 我本来是这么打算的 |
[39:45] | but on the way over… | 但在来的路上… |
[39:47] | – I got to thinking. – Thinking? | -我开始思考了 -思考 |
[39:49] | That’s a new trick for folks in your building. | 这对你们大楼里的人来说是个新把戏 |
[39:57] | How long have you been here now? | 你来这儿多久了 |
[39:59] | 18 years. | 18年 |
[40:01] | Well, I’ve been here six. | 好吧 我来这里六年了 |
[40:02] | Which makes me the new guy. | 所以我算是新来的 |
[40:04] | And where I come from, | 在我的老家 |
[40:06] | you introduce yourself to your neighbors. | 你要向你的邻居介绍你自己 |
[40:10] | I’m Russell. | 我叫拉塞尔 |
[40:14] | Is that all, Russell? | 就这些吗 拉塞尔 |
[40:16] | Look. | 听着 |
[40:17] | I just wanted to say… | 我只是想说… |
[40:19] | democracy’s messy. | 民主简直一团糟 |
[40:22] | But rule one is every voice should be heard. | 但第一条规则就是每个声音都应该被听到 |
[40:25] | And yours has been on the front lines | 而且你的声音已经在前线 |
[40:27] | for a very long time. | 很长一段时间了 |
[40:29] | And I wanted to thank you for playing your part | 我想感谢你一直在这场盛会 |
[40:32] | in this… this pageant | 扮演着你的角色 |
[40:35] | we call the American experiment. | 我们称之为美国实验 |
[40:37] | Because you matter. | 因为你很重要 |
[40:39] | Truly. | 真的 |
[40:44] | If there’s ever anything I can do for you… | 有什么我能为你效劳的吗… |
[40:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:52] | Excuse me, I have to finish this sign | 不好意思 我得在旅游大巴来之前 |
[40:54] | before the tour buses come. | 把这个标语写完 |
[41:08] | Been ages since we’ve been on a proper date. | 我们已经很久没有好好约会了 |
[41:11] | Well, let’s calendar one. | 好吧 让我们来安排一个 |
[41:14] | In between international crises, commissions, all-nighters. | 在国际危机之间 委员会 通宵工作之间 |
[41:18] | Oh, God, it turns me on when you talk shop. | 天哪 你说正事的时候真让我兴奋 |
[41:24] | I’m broke. | 我破产了 |
[41:26] | What? | 什么 |
[41:27] | SpectroCoin went down to zero. | 斯派克币降到了零 |
[41:30] | There was a, uh, massive sell-off | 叙利亚危机一结束 |
[41:32] | as soon as the Syrian crisis died down. | 就出现了一次大规模抛售 |
[41:34] | Oh, well, gee, | 天啊 |
[41:36] | if I’d known I was hurting your bottom line, | 如果我知道我在影响你的收益 |
[41:38] | I would have reevaluated my position | 我会重新评估我在 |
[41:40] | – on preventing World War Three. – Yeah. | -防止第三次世界大战中所作的工作的 -是的 |
[41:42] | I’m done speculating. | 我不炒币了 |
[41:44] | Allow me to speculate. | 让我来推测一下 |
[41:46] | Someone still owes us $1,200, and if he doesn’t | 有人还欠我们1200美元 如果他找不到 |
[41:48] | – find a way to pay us back… – I already have. | -还我们的办法的话… -我已经找到了 |
[41:50] | I got a job as a busboy at Frankie’s, so… | 我在弗兰基披萨店找了份打杂的工作 所以… |
[41:54] | Steady income and all the pizza I can eat. | 有稳定的收入和随我吃的披萨 |
[41:56] | Good. We’ll put you on a payment plan. | 很好 我们会给你安排一个付款计划 |
[42:00] | I trust you’ve learned a valuable lesson | 我相信你已经吸取了宝贵的 |
[42:02] | – about shortcuts, right? – Yes. | -关于抄近路的教训 对吗 -对 |
[42:05] | Always take the ones | 永远不要选择 |
[42:06] | that don’t depend on your mom playing ball. | 一条主动权掌握在妈妈手里的路 |
[42:09] | – Hey. – I’m kidding. | -喂 -我开玩笑的 |
[42:11] | I’m rolling OG now, so brick and mortar. | 我现在就滚 回归传统产业 |
[42:15] | – All the way. – Good. | -一直都这样 -很好 |
[42:17] | Then, uh, grab a sponge | 那就拿块海绵 |
[42:19] | and come over here, we’ll train you up | 过来 我们给你的传统产业工作 |
[42:20] | – for your next gig, there, Snoop. – Yeah. | -做个提前培训 -是啊 |
[42:25] | You know, there is this one currency. | 你知道 有一种货币 |
[42:26] | It’s called AnarCoin. Kind of a sure bet. | 叫阿纳金 当然可以 |
[42:29] | I mean, I could get us in on the ground floor if you… | 我是说 如果你兴趣的话我可以买到… |
[42:35] | Hey, where’s the soap? | 肥皂在哪儿 |