时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | 尼加拉瓜 马那瓜 1983年 | |
[00:20] | Do you mind? | 你不介意吧 |
[00:23] | I can’t hear anything. | 我什么都听不到了 |
[00:24] | Well, just trying to pass the time. | 就是想打发一下时间 |
[00:26] | Besides, there’s nothing to hear yet, bud. | 再说了 现在也没什么好听的 哥们 |
[00:29] | El Presidente ain’t home. | 总统不在家 |
[00:31] | Got to admit, though, | 不过 得承认 |
[00:33] | I’m impressed these rebels can tell asses from elbows, | 我本以为这些抵抗分子什么都不懂 |
[00:36] | let alone infiltrate and bug Sandino’s palace. | 更不用说潜入桑迪诺官邸安装窃听器了 |
[00:40] | – We’re good teachers. – Damn straight. | -我们是好老师啊 -太对了 |
[00:45] | God bless the CIA. | 上帝保佑中情局 |
[00:52] | *Burning down the house…* – Show time. | – *燃到爆…* -演出开始 |
[01:22] | Yeah, they’re in. | 他们进去了 |
[01:31] | Bug’s still not up. | 窃听器还是没声音 |
[01:37] | – What the hell? God… – What just happened? | -什么情况 我的天 -出了什么事 |
[01:50] | I think our rebels decided to rebel on us. | 我想我们的抵抗分子也抵抗我们了 |
[01:58] | Go. | 快走 |
[02:07] | A recent wave of student-led protesters | 最近由学生领导的抗议者风潮 |
[02:09] | have begun calling for President Sandino to step down, | 已经在要求桑迪诺总统下台了 |
[02:12] | and he’s been responding with brutal violence. | 而他以残酷的暴力打压来回击 |
[02:14] | Hundreds of civilians have already been arrested or killed | 在与警察和亲政府的民兵发生的冲突中 |
[02:17] | in clashes with the police | 已经有成百上千的平民 |
[02:19] | and pro-government paramilitaries. | 被捕或者被杀 |
[02:21] | So Sandino continues his slide into authoritarianism | 那么说桑迪诺正在滑向专制主义 |
[02:24] | and the populace is teetering on the brink of open revolt. | 而民众则在公开暴动的边缘徘徊 |
[02:27] | Is about that the gist of the situation? | 局势的要点是不是就是这样的 |
[02:31] | Well, and if Nicaragua devolves into civil war, | 如果尼加拉瓜陷入内战 |
[02:34] | we could end up with the next Syria in our own backyard. | 有可能就是我们后院的下一个叙利亚 |
[02:37] | Complete with refugee crisis. | 连难民问题都不会少 |
[02:39] | We’ve reached out to President Sandino, | 我们已经联系了桑迪诺总统 |
[02:41] | but he’s refusing to engage. | 但他拒绝对话 |
[02:45] | – Recommendations? – Travel ban, to start. | -建议 -第一步 旅行禁令 |
[02:47] | That’ll get his attention. | 这会引起他的关注的 |
[02:49] | Hundreds of thousands of Americans travel there | 每年有数十万的美国人去那里 |
[02:51] | every year, a travel ban would be a significant blow | 旅行禁令将会对尼加拉瓜的经济 |
[02:53] | to Nicaragua’s economy. | 构成重大打击 |
[02:54] | American business interests in Nicaragua as well. | 可美国在尼加拉瓜的商业利益也会受到打击的 |
[02:57] | Well, I think a little short-term pain that may | 我认为一个可能会令桑迪诺停止残杀自己民众 |
[02:59] | incentivize Sandino to stop killing his own people… | 的小小的短期痛苦是可以忍受的… |
[03:04] | Relations with Nicaragua have been a shambles | 美国与尼加拉瓜的关系自从八十年代 |
[03:07] | since Sandino’s father was president in the ’80s. | 桑迪诺的父亲成为总统以后就是一团糟 |
[03:09] | I doubt that Junior would respond well | 我对小桑迪诺是否能正确地对待 |
[03:12] | to unilateral U.S. Pressure. | 美国单方面的压力表示怀疑 |
[03:14] | I think it’s worth finding out, sir. | 总统先生 我认为值得去试一下 |
[03:16] | Based on our track record, | 基于过往的经验 |
[03:18] | I’m not too comfortable with it. | 这样做我不是很乐观 |
[03:22] | Well, if I could put together a coalition of countries | 如果我能团结一批国家 |
[03:25] | willing to jointly condemn | 愿意联合起来组建个联盟 |
[03:26] | and take action against Nicaragua, | 谴责并针对尼加拉瓜采取制裁 |
[03:28] | will the White House reconsider? | 白宫愿意重新考虑这个建议吗 |
[03:35] | Bring me a coalition with a plan, | 给我把联盟建立起来 制定个计划 |
[03:37] | we’ll see. | 我们再说 |
[03:39] | Adele, | 阿黛尔 |
[03:39] | get me a report on U.S. Business interests in Nicaragua, | 给我一份美国在尼加拉瓜商业利益的报告 |
[03:42] | and I want the latest whip count | 还有 我想要党鞭统计的 |
[03:44] | on the children’s health care bill. | 儿童卫生保健提案的支持票数 |
[03:46] | You’ve got a call in to the whip’s office, | 党鞭办公室叫你过去 |
[03:47] | and Barry from Comms is waiting in yours. | 白宫通讯联络办的巴里则在你办公室等着呢 |
[03:52] | That meeting was supposed to start an hour ago. | 那个会应该是一个小时前开的 |
[03:55] | Has he been in there this entire time? | 他就一直等在里面吗 |
[03:56] | We’ve rescheduled so many times, | 我们把会议时间一改再改 |
[03:58] | he thinks you’re trying to avoid him. | 他觉得你是想躲他 |
[04:01] | All right, five minutes, | 好吧 谈五分钟 |
[04:03] | then POTUS needs me on an urgent matter. | 然后总统有个紧急的事找我 |
[04:05] | Understood. | 明白 |
[04:06] | You. With me. | 你 跟我来 |
[04:10] | – I’m not avoiding you, Barry. – I’d dispute that, | -巴里 我可不是躲你 -我本该反驳你 |
[04:12] | but I only have a couple minutes | 可是过不了几分钟 |
[04:13] | before Adele comes in here saying POTUS needs you. | 阿黛尔就会进来说总统有急事找你 |
[04:15] | Well, then by the time she does, it’ll probably be true, | 如果她进来这么说 那很可能就是真的 |
[04:17] | – so hurry up. – Okay, then. | -所以长话短说吧 -好的 |
[04:19] | I’ve just about got you set up on Twitter and Instagram. | 我就要给你注册推特和映丝的账户了 |
[04:21] | Wonderful. I’m delegating social media | 非常好 我正准备把社交媒体的事务交给 |
[04:24] | – to my intern, Stevie. – ?What? | -我的实习生斯蒂芬呢 -什么 |
[04:26] | I mean, uh, great, | 我是说 太好了 |
[04:28] | – but… what? – Ever since that video | -但是… 什么意思 -自从我对着 |
[04:31] | of me yelling at that homeless protestor lady went viral, | 那个无家可归的抗议者大喊大叫的视频 |
[04:35] | Comms has been nagging POTUS | 在网上疯传 通讯联络办就一直缠着总统 |
[04:37] | that I need to “Rehab” my online image. | 说我需要在网络上”重塑”形象 |
[04:40] | Sadly, he agreed. | 悲催的是 他同意了 |
[04:41] | America doesn’t want a bully in the White House, | 美国不需要白宫里有个一个仗势欺人的家伙 |
[04:43] | so we’re gonna introduce them | 所以我们要向他们介绍 |
[04:44] | to the real Russell Jackson, someone who’s likable, | 真正的拉塞尔·杰克逊 可亲的 |
[04:46] | funny, human. | 风趣的 有人味的 |
[04:49] | You know, all the traits one looks for | 大家希望在总统的打手身上 |
[04:50] | in the president’s hatchet man. | 看到的所有那些特点 |
[04:52] | Anyhow, think you can handle it? | 不管怎么说吧 你觉得你能胜任吗 |
[04:54] | Absolutely. Yes. Um, wh-what’s involved, exactly? | 当然了 都需要什么呢 |
[04:57] | I’m emailing you a PDF of the White House guidelines, | 我会给你电邮一个白宫指导性的文档 |
[04:59] | but it’s really pretty simple. | 其实非常简单 |
[05:00] | Feel free to share posts from other official accounts. | 自由转发其它官方账号的帖子 |
[05:02] | Anything policy-intensive, run it past me, and beyond that, | 任何政治敏感的内容 先问下我 另外 |
[05:05] | focus on making the COS feel… | 核心是把主人公塑造得… |
[05:08] | relatable to the average American. And here we go. | 能让普通美国人产生共鸣 就这样 |
[05:14] | Good God, where’d you get that picture? | 我的老天爷 你从哪弄来的照片 |
[05:15] | I look like J. Alfred Prufrock. | 我看着跟J.艾尔弗雷德·普鲁弗洛克一样 |
[05:18] | I’ll find a different one. | 我会另外找一张 |
[05:19] | Please. | 拜托你了 |
[05:21] | Russell, POTUS urgently needs you. | 拉塞尔 总统有急事找你 |
[05:23] | Never mind, Adele. Clever Barry’s onto us. | 没事了 阿黛尔 聪明的巴里识破我们了 |
[05:26] | I was just leaving, actually. | 实际上我要走了 |
[05:27] | DM me if you have any questions. | 如果你有什么问题就给我发个信息 |
[05:29] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[05:32] | Sir, I just want to thank you for this opportunity. | 长官 我想谢谢你给我这个机会 |
[05:35] | It’s an honor. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[05:36] | It’s really not. | 真算不上 |
[05:38] | Giants once held this office, | 很多伟人曾在此工作过 |
[05:41] | strode these halls. | 走过这些通道 |
[05:42] | I won’t make you look stupid. | 我不会让你出丑的 |
[05:44] | ‘Course you will. | 你当然会的 |
[05:45] | That’s what social media does. | 社交媒体就是干这个的 |
[05:49] | Al Haig is laughing at me from Valhalla. | 黑格一定在瓦尔哈拉圣殿笑话我呢 |
[05:57] | Hey, Shane. How are you? What’s up? | 沙恩 你好吗 怎么样啊 |
[05:59] | Hey, big brother. Just checking in, | 你好大哥 想看一下 |
[06:01] | see how my little girl’s doing. | 我的宝贝闺女怎么样 |
[06:03] | Sarah got to the house this morning | 萨拉今天早上到了 |
[06:04] | just in time for breakfast. | 刚好赶上吃早饭 |
[06:05] | It’s gonna be really great | 在她出发之前 |
[06:06] | to spend some time with her before she ships out. | 能跟她待些时候真是太好了 |
[06:08] | About that, do… | 出征的事… |
[06:10] | deployments ever get… postponed or, uh, cancelled? | 派遣会… 延期甚至取消吗 |
[06:14] | Sure. But I don’t think that’ll be the case with Sarah. | 当然 不过在萨拉身上应该不会出现吧 |
[06:17] | Medical units are always in demand. | 医疗队一直都是紧缺的 |
[06:19] | She’s gonna be fine, Shane. | 沙恩 她会没事的 |
[06:20] | Come on, man, she’s going to Iraq. | 行了吧 她可是要去伊拉克啊 |
[06:22] | To a hospital in the Green Zone. | 去的是绿区的一个医院 |
[06:24] | Look, things are much quieter there | 局势比以前不好的时候 |
[06:26] | than they were in the bad old days. | 平静很多了 |
[06:28] | Most of her patients will be evac’d in | 大多数她的病人会是从 |
[06:30] | from Syria or other parts of Iraq. | 叙利亚或者伊拉克其他地区撤出来的人 |
[06:32] | It’s highly unlikely that she’ll be | 她几乎没有可能会 |
[06:34] | near any real combat. | 靠近真正的战斗 |
[06:35] | She put me in charge of her will, | 她指定我为她的遗嘱执行人 |
[06:36] | in case she is. | 以防这个万一 |
[06:38] | Oh, man. | 天啊 |
[06:40] | Well, that’s got to be hard. | 这一定很不容易 |
[06:41] | She chose to specialize in trauma medicine, | 她选择了创伤医学作为专业 |
[06:44] | and she knew where she might be deployed, | 而且她知道她可能会被派遣出国 |
[06:46] | and she made that brave and noble choice anyway. | 可她还是做出了那个勇敢和崇高的决定 |
[06:48] | Some comfort that’ll be if, um… | 能带来点慰藉的是 如果… |
[06:52] | Look… | 听着… |
[06:54] | can’t you call in a favor? | 你能托个人吗 |
[06:55] | Or… just walk down the hall | 或者… 干脆走过去 |
[06:57] | and ask your buddy, the commander in chief, | 让你的哥们儿 三军总司令 |
[06:59] | to change her orders? Please? | 把她的派遣令改一下 求你了 |
[07:01] | You know I can’t do that. | 你知道我不能这么做的 |
[07:02] | Right. Professor Ethics would never engage in something | 当然 伦理学教授是永远不会干这种 |
[07:05] | so unseemly. | 不恰当的事的 |
[07:07] | Did Sarah tell you that she was concerned? | 萨拉跟你说过她有些担心了吗 |
[07:09] | She didn’t have to. | 她不用说 |
[07:10] | My gut is telling me that she’s not up for it. | 我的内心告诉我她不适合去 |
[07:13] | Hey, how about we be battle buddies? | 我们当个并肩作战的哥们儿怎么样 |
[07:15] | If you’re worried about Sarah, | 如果你担心萨拉 |
[07:16] | you call me, and we’ll get through it together. | 你就打给我 我们一起把它克服过去 |
[07:18] | Or you pull a few strings, we don’t have | 或者你拉拉关系 这样咱俩就都消停了 |
[07:19] | to get through at all– more important, neither does she. | 这些… 更重要的是 萨拉也不用冒险了 |
[07:22] | I’m there for you, Shane. I’m there for Sarah. | 我会支持你的沙恩 我会支持萨拉的 |
[07:25] | You know, I’m sorry I wasted your time. | 算了 很抱歉耽误你的时间了 |
[07:34] | – So? – So what? | -那么 -那么什么 |
[07:36] | So, what’s the plan? | 那么 计划是什么 |
[07:36] | We’ve been trying to corral Nicaragua’s neighbors | 我们一直在想办法团结尼加拉瓜的邻国们 |
[07:38] | while M-Sec makes a play to get China invol… | 而国务卿女士则在争取中国的介入… |
[07:40] | Nobody cares about that. Buddy, don’t hold out on me. | 谁会操心那个啊 哥们 别把我跳过去 |
[07:42] | Uncle Matty’s here to help. | 有困难找小马叔 |
[07:44] | – What’s Uncle Matty talking about? – Nothing. | -小马叔叔在说什么呢 -没什么 |
[07:46] | Go away, Uncle Matty. | 快走吧 小马叔叔 |
[07:47] | Annelies is in New York this weekend. | 安娜丽丝这个周末来纽约 |
[07:48] | Annelies… Oh, the woman from the airport in Ireland. | 安娜丽丝 想起来了 爱尔兰机场偶遇的女士 |
[07:51] | The chess player. | 国际象棋棋手 |
[07:52] | Chess champion. | 国际象棋冠军 |
[07:54] | How many other Annelieses do you know? | 你还认识几个安娜丽丝 |
[07:56] | Three. | 三个 |
[07:57] | She’s gonna be up there for a chess convention. | 她来纽约研究一个国际象棋公约 |
[07:59] | They have those? | 他们也有公约吗 |
[08:00] | And our boy is taking the Acela up after work to meet her. | 我们的男神会在下班后乘坐阿西乐特快去和她见面 |
[08:03] | Now, because I’m his friend and I want him to be happy, | 因为我是他的朋友 我希望他快乐 |
[08:06] | I want to make sure that he has a sound plan. | 我想确定他订好了计划 |
[08:07] | We’re about to brief M-Sec. | 我们要向国务卿汇报了 |
[08:09] | – Could we not talk about this right now? – That’s so great | -现在能不说这个吗 -太棒了 |
[08:10] | that you two have been staying in touch! | 你们俩一直都有联系啊 |
[08:12] | Oh, they’ve been more than staying in touch. | 他们可不只是有联系 |
[08:13] | They’re texting all the time, Skyping every night… | 他们不停地发信息 每晚都视频连线 |
[08:14] | Look, I appreciate the support, | 感谢支持 |
[08:15] | but I’m trying to manage expectations, which… | 但我想做好期许控制 |
[08:18] | also means managing the flow of information. | 也就是信息流控制 |
[08:20] | Okay, first of all, ouch. | 好吧 首先 天啊 |
[08:21] | Okay, look, if you must know, | 如果你们必须知道的话 |
[08:22] | hopefully, I’ll be able to jet out of here early. | 幸运的话 我今天能早点下班 |
[08:24] | The plan is to meet up tonight for a drink, and if that | 我的计划是今晚和她见面 喝一杯 |
[08:26] | goes well we’ll go out for our official first date tomorrow. | 如果一切顺利 明天我们进行第一次正式约会 |
[08:27] | You’re staying at the same hotel? | 你住在同一个酒店吗 |
[08:29] | No, I’m trying to keep the whole thing casual, | 不 我想尽量顺其自然 |
[08:30] | just let it breathe. | 别拔苗助长 |
[08:31] | You realize for someone trying to keep things casual, | 你知道吗 对于一个想顺其自然的人来说 |
[08:33] | you’re being incredibly uptight right now? | 你现在太太太紧张了 |
[08:35] | Also hurtful. | 也很伤人心 |
[08:36] | Well, maybe that’s because I’m trying | 或许那是因为我在尽量 |
[08:38] | to maximize the potential for success | 将成功几率最大化 |
[08:39] | as much as my stupidly complicated life will allow, | 在我的生活如此蠢笨复杂的情况下 |
[08:42] | ideally without the whole State Department | 最好不要让整个国务院的人 |
[08:43] | breathing down my neck, so can we just get back to work? | 都盯着我 能说工作了吗 |
[08:45] | – Please? – Sure. | -拜托 -当然 |
[08:46] | Since apparently, we’re just… work friends | 因为很显然我们只是 工作上的伙伴而已 |
[08:48] | – who don’t share things. – Oh, my God. | -我们不会分享生活 -上帝啊 |
[08:50] | – All right, buddy. Keep me posted. – Yeah. | -好吧兄弟 有事及时通知我 -好 |
[08:52] | A civil war in Nicaragua | 尼加拉瓜内战 |
[08:53] | would be disadvantageous for everyone, | 对任何人都没好处 |
[08:55] | our business interests in the region included. But… | 也包括我们在该地区的商业利益 不过 |
[08:58] | China doesn’t believe that the situation | 中国不认为现在的情况 |
[09:00] | is that precarious. | 有那么危险 |
[09:01] | And, I think, perhaps, | 我认为 或许 |
[09:03] | President Dalton feels the same, | 道尔顿总统也是这么认为的 |
[09:06] | or you wouldn’t need China | 不然你用不着 |
[09:07] | to make your threats for you. | 替你威胁他们 |
[09:08] | If we wait for the situation to become that precarious, | 如果我们坐等情况恶化 |
[09:13] | then it may be too late for either of our presidents | 到时可能我们两国总统 |
[09:16] | to intercede. | 都没机会调停了 |
[09:17] | Agree to disagree. | 求同存异 |
[09:18] | Good day, Madam Secretary. | 再见 国务卿女士 |
[09:20] | God, I hate it when he does that. | 天啊 我真讨厌他这样 |
[09:23] | Please tell me you guys had better luck. | 一定告诉我 你们的运气比我好 |
[09:25] | Guatemala, | 危地马拉 |
[09:26] | Costa Rica, even Honduras have all agreed to join | 哥斯达黎加 连洪都拉斯都同意加入 |
[09:28] | a coalition to sanction Nicaragua. | 一个对尼加拉瓜的联合制裁 |
[09:30] | All right, that’s a start. | 很好 开局不错 |
[09:31] | – What about Russia? – I struck out. | -俄罗斯呢 -我被三振出局了 |
[09:33] | Avdonin was almost as apathetic as Chen. | 阿多宁和陈部长一样冷漠 |
[09:35] | Yeah. Well, it’s no secret | 桑迪诺总统 |
[09:38] | that President Sandino is cozy with Russia, | 和俄罗斯关系密切 这不是秘密了 |
[09:41] | so… that was a big swing, anyway. | 让他们制裁不容易 |
[09:43] | A coalition without the U.S., Russia or China | 一个没有美中俄的联合 |
[09:46] | won’t pack much of a punch. | 没什么力度 |
[09:47] | Forgive me if this is a rookie question, but… | 我问个菜鸟的问题 不过 |
[09:50] | isn’t the obvious move here to… | 难道白宫不应该 |
[09:53] | lead with a… | 在这件事上 |
[09:55] | muscular position from the White House? | 采取有力的动作吗 |
[09:57] | Why is POTUS being so gun-shy about this? | 为什么总统这么小心谨慎 |
[10:00] | Well, I don’t know. But, uh… | 我也不知道 不过 |
[10:03] | let’s try and come up with other ways | 在我去找总统之前 |
[10:05] | to de-escalate the violence before I go back to him. | 我们尽量通过别的方法让暴力冲突降级 |
[10:08] | If we can’t get a travel ban, then we should at least issue | 如果不能实施旅行禁令 至少我们应该发布 |
[10:11] | a travel warning to protect our own people. | 一个旅行警告来保护我们的公民 |
[10:13] | Do it. | 做吧 |
[10:14] | And let’s start putting together a plan | 我们得研究出一个方案 |
[10:16] | in case U.S. citizens in-country need to evacuate. | 以防该国境内的美国公民需要撤离 |
[10:19] | It may be too late for that, ma’am. | 或许已经晚了 国务卿 |
[10:21] | This video posted by an American student | 一名在尼加拉瓜境内的传教团工作的 |
[10:23] | working with a missionary group in Nicaragua, | 美国学生发布的视频 |
[10:24] | it’s blowing up the Internet. | 在网上传开了 |
[10:26] | My name is Bethany James, | 我叫贝瑟妮·詹姆斯 |
[10:28] | and I’m standing in Iglesia de Santiago | 我所处的位置是尼加拉瓜首都马拿瓜的 |
[10:30] | in Managua, Nicaragua, where college students | 圣地亚哥教堂 这里的大学生们 |
[10:32] | are fleeing for their lives from the police. | 在警察的迫害下四处逃亡 |
[10:34] | Forces controlled by President Sandino opened fire | 桑迪诺总统控制的军警向 |
[10:38] | on a peaceful protest against his oppressive government. | 一个和平抗议暴虐政府的集会开火 |
[10:41] | Many are now seeking sanctuary in the church | 很多人在教堂里寻求庇护 |
[10:43] | to avoid being gunned down in cold blood. | 以免被冷血杀害 |
[10:46] | I’m posting this video so the world will know | 我发布这段视频 想让全世界都知道 |
[10:48] | that Sandino is a murderer and a dictator. | 桑迪诺是一个杀手和独裁者 |
[10:52] | Security forces have barricaded the church, | 武装队伍已经包围了教堂 |
[10:54] | but the students are refusing to surrender. | 但学生们拒绝投降 |
[10:56] | So it’s a standoff. | 对峙局面 |
[10:57] | With American missionaries caught in the crossfire. | 美国传教团也被卷入了交火 |
[11:15] | 尼加拉瓜 马拿瓜 1983年 | |
[11:20] | Buddy, this is all gonna be fine. | 伙计 不会有事的 |
[11:22] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[11:23] | The boss is about to hand us our asses | 老大肯定会打死我们的 |
[11:25] | because the rebels we vouched for | 我们担保的反抗军 |
[11:26] | planted a bomb instead of a bug. | 安了一个炸弹 而不是窃听器 |
[11:28] | But he’s not the last word on this. | 但这件事不是他说了算的 |
[11:30] | Trust me, the brass at Langley will call us heroes. | 相信我 兰利总部的老大们会称我们为英雄的 |
[11:35] | Something tells me he’ll beg to differ. | 我觉得他肯定不这么想 |
[11:53] | Come in. | 进来 |
[12:10] | What the hell happened out there? | 怎么回事 |
[12:12] | We don’t exactly know yet, Sir. | 我们还不知道具体情况 长官 |
[12:13] | Let me tell you what I know. | 我把我知道的告诉你们 |
[12:16] | Thanks to your screw-up, | 因为你们做的好事 |
[12:17] | the president of Nicaragua is badly injured. | 尼加拉瓜总统受重伤 |
[12:20] | His wife is dead, | 总统夫人死了 |
[12:21] | and he’s gone into hiding with his eight-year-old son, | 他带着目睹整个事件的八岁儿子 |
[12:23] | who saw the whole thing. | 躲了起来 |
[12:25] | I’m so sorry, Chief Dalton. | 非常抱歉 道尔顿站长 |
[12:27] | We vetted our assets for months. | 我们对线人评估了几个月 |
[12:32] | You hear that, gentlemen? | 先生们 听到了吗 |
[12:35] | That’s the sound of a country on the brink of civil war. | 那是一个濒临内战的国家的声音 |
[12:37] | This, uh, fiasco | 这次惨败 |
[12:41] | will only send President Sandino | 只会把桑迪诺总统 |
[12:42] | further into the arms of the Soviets, | 推向苏联的怀抱 |
[12:44] | and cement his hatred of the United States. | 并巩固他对美国的仇恨 |
[12:47] | Due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[12:48] | Sandino’s just another commie bastard | 桑迪诺只是另一个共党混蛋 |
[12:50] | like the rest of them. | 和其余的一样 |
[12:51] | The whole country’s crawling with Cubans. | 整个国家都爬满了古巴人 |
[12:53] | Everyone from POTUS on down | 上到总统 下到平民 |
[12:54] | knows the endgame here is regime change. | 都知道这里最终的结局就是改朝换代 |
[12:57] | Personally, I think those rebels did us a favor | 从我个人来说 我觉得反抗军帮了我们的忙 |
[12:59] | by speeding up the process. | 加速了这个过程 |
[13:01] | I’m kicking you both off the case | 我要把你们两个都踢出这个案子 |
[13:03] | and out of the country. | 和这个国家 |
[13:05] | Langley can figure out what happens to you next. | 兰利会想好下一步拿你们怎么办 |
[13:06] | You can’t… you can’t do that. But… | 你不能 不能这样 |
[13:08] | The hell I can’t. Now get out of here | 为什么不能 现在给我滚出去 |
[13:10] | so I can start trying to undo the damage you’ve done. | 让我想办法弥补你们惹下的大祸 |
[13:13] | Go! | 走 |
[13:24] | Our latest intel indicates | 我们最新的情报显示 |
[13:26] | that somewhere around 200 protesters have taken refuge | 大概两百名抗议者在教堂里寻求庇护 |
[13:29] | in the church, including | 包括 |
[13:31] | 14 American missionaries. | 十四名美国传教士 |
[13:34] | Several dozen of the protesters appear to be wounded. | 几十个抗议者受伤 |
[13:37] | Gordon, | 戈登 |
[13:38] | what are our tactical options? | 战术计划呢 |
[13:41] | Not great. | 不好 |
[13:42] | We could send in a SEAL team with close air support, | 我们能在近距离空中支援下派出一个海豹小组 |
[13:44] | or tactical drone strikes | 或者使用战术无人机袭击 |
[13:46] | to take out the forces surrounding the church. | 干掉包围教堂的武装 |
[13:48] | No. | 不行 |
[13:51] | I’m not deploying the United States military | 我不会部署美国军人 |
[13:53] | against the Nicaraguan National Police. | 去打击尼加拉瓜国家警察 |
[13:55] | Mr. President, if I may, | 总统先生 恕我直言 |
[13:57] | there’s a bigger picture here. | 这里还有更大的局面要考虑 |
[13:59] | Russia has become heavily invested in Nicaragua | 俄罗斯在在桑迪诺执政期间 |
[14:03] | during Sandino’s presidency. | 对尼加拉瓜投资巨大 |
[14:06] | In fact, they are constructing | 实际上 他们在建设 |
[14:07] | what we believe to be | 我们确信是 |
[14:09] | a covert listening post in-country. | 一个国内秘密监听站 |
[14:12] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[14:13] | It’s like we’re fighting the Cold War all over again. | 好像我们又开始打冷战了 |
[14:16] | The current political instability | 现在的政治混乱局面 |
[14:18] | could prove perfect cover | 能给我们提供 |
[14:20] | for us to counter Russian influence | 对抗俄罗斯影响的绝佳掩护 |
[14:23] | by increasing our own intelligence assets | 通过增加我们自己的 |
[14:26] | on the ground. | 情报人员 |
[14:27] | What are you suggesting? | 你建议我们怎么做 |
[14:29] | That we send in CIA | 派中情局去训练 |
[14:30] | to train these protesters in guerrilla warfare? | 这些正在打游击战的抗议者吗 |
[14:32] | Our adversaries are exploiting the chaos, sir. | 我们的对手正在利用这次骚乱 总统先生 |
[14:34] | So should we. | 所以我们也应该这样做 |
[14:35] | Let me be perfectly clear. | 让我先明确一点 |
[14:37] | We are not going back to the CIA Cold War playbook | 我们绝不会因为尼加拉瓜或任何其它地方 |
[14:41] | for Nicaragua or anywhere else. | 重新启用中情局的冷战策略 |
[14:43] | Those people down there are not our puppets. | 那里的人民不是我们的傀儡 |
[14:46] | Well, I-I think | 好吧 我觉得 |
[14:47] | the most important thing right now is that we get | 目前最重要的事情是把尽可能多的人 |
[14:49] | as many people out of that church alive as possible. | 从那个教堂里活着救出来 |
[14:52] | And, sir, maybe you would reconsider | 还有 总统先生 也许你可以重新考虑 |
[14:54] | instituting the travel ban, | 颁布旅游禁令 |
[14:56] | or any other financial means necessary to force Sandino | 或通过其它必要的金融手段来迫使桑迪诺 |
[15:01] | to negotiate with us before… | 与美国协商 以免… |
[15:04] | well, before it’s too late. | 趁这一切还来得及 |
[15:06] | Do it, Bess. | 就这么办 贝丝 |
[15:08] | That’ll be all. | 没别的事了 |
[15:18] | Good news. You’re already up to 6,000 followers on Twitter. | 好消息 您的推特已经有六千个粉丝了 |
[15:22] | I’m so happy. | 我真开心 |
[15:23] | Got a sec to approve some posts | 有空来点几个赞吗 |
[15:25] | that are a bit more on the fun side? | 这样更能展现您有趣的一面 |
[15:27] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[15:29] | The president of Nicaragua is threatening | 尼加拉瓜总统威胁 |
[15:31] | to commit mass murder in a church, | 要在教堂进行大规模屠杀 |
[15:33] | and the ghouls in Congress are plotting | 而国会里的食尸鬼在密谋 |
[15:35] | to take away health care for millions of children, but sure. | 夺走几百万儿童的医保 但是没错 |
[15:38] | Seems like the perfect time to tell the world | 看起来现在正是时机去宣告全世界 |
[15:40] | @RealRussJackson has a new set of golf clubs | 拉塞尔·杰克逊有了一套新高尔夫球杆 |
[15:43] | he just can’t wait to try. | 他已经等不及要去试两杆子了 |
[15:45] | You do? So, yeah. You know what? | 真的吗 那好吧 |
[15:47] | You’re right. We can circle back on this later. | 你说得对 我们可以晚点再回来弄这个 |
[15:50] | Adele, I’m going off the grid | 阿黛尔 我要失联 |
[15:51] | for ten minutes. Look, just | 十分钟 就是 |
[15:54] | post whatever. | 你爱发什么就发什么吧 |
[15:54] | I’m sure it’s fine. | 肯定不会有事的 |
[15:58] | Going off the grid? | 失联 |
[16:00] | He’s gonna go watch the Panda Cam from the National Zoo. | 他要去看国家动物园的熊猫直播 |
[16:03] | Helps his blood pressure. | 有助于降血压 |
[16:04] | Wait. That’s real? | 等等 这是真的 |
[16:07] | He really does that? | 他真这么做 |
[16:08] | He contains multitudes. | 他有多重自我 |
[16:12] | What is happening? | 这是发生了什么 |
[16:14] | Everybody’s working together? | 所有人在一起做饭 |
[16:15] | That is a nice surprise. | 真令人惊喜啊 |
[16:17] | Sarah McCord, | 莎拉·麦考德 |
[16:18] | you’re a good influence on your cousins. | 你给堂兄妹们带来了积极影响 |
[16:20] | Oh. Seriously, Dad. | 你不是开玩笑吧 爸爸 |
[16:21] | Does it look like Jason’s helping? | 杰森也像在帮忙吗 |
[16:23] | Well… The attitude isn’t helping. | 好吧… 这种态度可帮不上忙 |
[16:24] | Elizabeth apologizes, by the way; | 话说 我替伊丽莎白道个歉 |
[16:26] | she’s not gonna make it for dinner. | 她又没法赶回来吃晚饭了 |
[16:27] | She’s stuck at work. What else is new? Oh. | 被工作拖住了 还有什么新鲜事 |
[16:29] | So, how was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[16:31] | Oh, it was great. | 棒极了 |
[16:32] | Alison treated me to a much-needed spa day. | 艾莉森款待我度过了”非常需要”美容日 |
[16:35] | I doubt I’m gonna have very much time | 我不知道我在”绿区”还是否会有时间 |
[16:37] | for pampering in the Green Zone. | 去细心呵护肌肤 |
[16:39] | But I will send you care packages, | 我会把护理套装寄给你 |
[16:42] | just the same. | 一样的 |
[16:44] | Russell’s Twitter just reached 10,000 followers! | 拉塞尔的推特刚刚达到一万个粉丝了 |
[16:47] | Isn’t Russell just a little | 拉塞尔这火爆脾气 |
[16:48] | hotheaded to be trusted with his own Twitter account? | 能管理好自己的推特账号吗 |
[16:51] | Well, Dad, no one important | 爸爸 大人物是不会自己来 |
[16:52] | manages their own social media. | 管理自己的社交媒体的 |
[16:53] | Yeah. Check it out. So, | 没错 过来看 |
[16:55] | his feed really started blowing up | 自从国家动物园转发了这条 |
[16:56] | after the National Zoo retweeted this post | 我写的关于他们的熊猫直播的帖子之后 |
[16:59] | that I wrote about their Panda Cam. | 他的账号开始变得特别火爆 |
[17:02] | “Happy Birthday, Bei Bei!! | “生日快乐 贝贝” |
[17:03] | “Love watching this little guy grow up | “看着这些小家伙长大真开心” |
[17:05] | “Live via the @nationalzoo | “国家动物园实时推送” |
[17:07] | Giant Panda Cam!!” | “大熊猫直播” |
[17:08] | Birthday cake, birthday cake, | 然后是生日蛋糕 生日蛋糕 |
[17:10] | balloons, smiley face with heart eyes? | 气球 心心眼笑脸这些表情符号 |
[17:13] | Yeah, Russell is definitely not managing that himself. | 没错 这个账号肯定不是拉塞尔自己管理的 |
[17:17] | You know, students are being killed | 你们知道吗 尼加拉瓜的学生们因为 |
[17:19] | for opposing a corrupt dictator in Nicaragua. | 反对腐败的独裁政府而被杀害 |
[17:22] | You want to maybe tweet about that? | 你们要对这件事发条推特吗 |
[17:24] | Have you seen the latest Bethany James video? | 你们看了贝瑟尼·詹姆斯最新的视频吗 |
[17:26] | Here, look at this. | 就是这个 看看 |
[17:26] | Hour six, | 第六个小时 |
[17:27] | and we’ve triaged the wounded as best we can, but | 我们已经尽可能对伤员进行了分类筛选 |
[17:31] | we’re low on supplies and people with actual medical training. | 但我们缺乏补给和真正接受过医疗训练的人 |
[17:35] | It’s possible that not everyone here will survive the night. | 这里有些人也许不会活过今晚 |
[17:38] | But the resistance will not be intimidated, right, Oscar? | 但是反抗者不会被吓倒 对吗 奥斯卡 |
[17:42] | The people of Nicaragua elected a president, | 尼加拉瓜人民选举出来的是总统 |
[17:45] | not a dictator. | 不是独裁者 |
[17:46] | We will not yield. | 我们不会屈服 |
[17:48] | Kind of makes me feel guilty about going to college | 这让我有负罪感 我不应该去上大学 |
[17:49] | instead of, you know, actually getting out | 而是应该真正地走出去 |
[17:52] | and changing the world. | 改变世界 |
[17:53] | I mean, this whole generation of McCords– we’re all just kind of | 麦考德家的这一整代人 我们都 |
[17:55] | sell-outs. Sorry. | 或多或少的背叛了自己的初衷 抱歉 |
[17:56] | Well, I think that might be a little… | 我觉得这可能有点… |
[17:57] | Hey! Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[17:58] | I just work in the White House. | 我正在白宫工作 |
[17:59] | Yeah, Sarah’s about to get out there, | 没错 莎拉也正要离开这里 |
[18:01] | and save lives and kick ass. | 去拯救生命 大显身手 |
[18:03] | That’s pretty cool. | 简直酷毙了 |
[18:05] | Look, seriously, please don’t put me on a pedestal, | 听着 不是吧 求你们别再把我或 |
[18:07] | or them, either, okay? | 他们当做崇拜对象 好吗 |
[18:10] | Because based on the conditions I just saw, | 因为从我刚才看到的情况来看 |
[18:12] | that girl Bethany is right about one thing. | 那个女孩贝瑟尼说对了一件事 |
[18:15] | Some of her friends will definitely die. | 她的几个朋友肯定熬不过去 |
[18:19] | And assuming she survives, | 就算她可以活下来 |
[18:21] | she’s gonna have to live with the fact | 她也必须接受 |
[18:23] | that she and her beliefs failed to save them. | 她和她的信念无法拯救他们的生命 |
[18:26] | So what part of that is cool, | 所以这有什么酷毙了吗 |
[18:28] | exactly? | 到底哪里酷了 |
[18:34] | Sorry. I’m… | 抱歉 我… |
[18:37] | I didn’t mean to snap like that. I… | 我不是故意要这样大发作的 我… |
[18:40] | Getting organized to leave is really hectic. | 收拾东西准备走真的让我有些忙乱 |
[18:43] | And I guess | 而且我觉得 |
[18:45] | it’s just making me tense. | 这让我紧张 |
[18:49] | So… | 所以… |
[18:50] | should I set the table? | 我该去摆餐具了 |
[18:51] | – That’d be great. – Yeah. | -那太好了 -没错 |
[18:52] | Uh, Jason, give her a hand, would you? | 杰森 能给她帮个忙吗 |
[18:55] | How did it go with the calls | 和传教士的家人通电话 |
[18:57] | with the families of the missionaries? | 情况如何 |
[18:58] | Better than my Skype call with their new lawyer. | 比通过Skype跟他们的新律师通话要好 |
[19:02] | She’s publicly calling for the U.S. To take stronger actions | 她正在公开致电美国 请求对 |
[19:05] | against the Nicaraguan government. | 尼加拉瓜政府采取更强有力的措施 |
[19:07] | Well, at least President Sandino finally agreed to take my call. | 至少桑迪诺总统终于同意和我通电话了 |
[19:10] | I’m sorry this turned out to be such a late night, ma’am. | 很抱歉这件事拖到这么晚 国务卿女士 |
[19:12] | I know you wanted to spend time with your niece. | 我明白您想花点时间陪陪您侄女 |
[19:14] | No, I’m sorry for you. | 不 我应该向你道歉 |
[19:16] | I-I heard you had to cancel a hot date up in New York? | 我听说你不得不取消了纽约的激情约会 |
[19:19] | It’s no big deal. | 不是什么大事 |
[19:20] | I warned Annelies this could happen. | 我已经提醒过安内利斯有这种可能 |
[19:22] | Comes with the job. | 视工作而定 |
[19:24] | Well, you’re being very stoic. | 你们真敬业 |
[19:26] | That’s his thing now, so… | 他现在就喜欢这样 所以… |
[19:27] | Madam Secretary, I have President Sandino | 国务卿女士 桑迪诺总统现在 |
[19:29] | on the line for you now. | 已经在线上等你了 |
[19:30] | Thank you, Nina. | 谢谢你 妮娜 |
[19:33] | President Sandino, | 桑迪诺总统 |
[19:34] | thank you for speaking with me. | 谢谢你同意和我通电话 |
[19:36] | I am sorry that this call had to be | 我很抱歉我们必须在如此严峻的形势下 |
[19:39] | under such dire circumstances. | 进行电话会晤 |
[19:41] | If you mean | 如果你指的是 |
[19:42] | the terrorist coup that is threatening my country, | 威胁着我们国家的恐怖份子政变 |
[19:44] | then I am sure you’ll understand | 那么我确信你应该理解 |
[19:46] | I’m a little busy right now, Secretary McCord. | 我现在有点忙 麦考德国务卿 |
[19:48] | You keep calling them “Terrorists,” | 你不断地称他们为恐怖份子 |
[19:51] | but the social media videos being posted | 但是从社交媒体上发布的在教堂内部 |
[19:54] | from inside that church show… A group of scared kids. | 拍摄的视频来看 他们只是一群吓坏的孩子 |
[19:59] | If you send in a negotiator | 如果你能派一个谈判专家进去 |
[20:01] | to guarantee safe passage for the wounded and due process | 确保为伤员提供安全通道并让被逮捕的人员 |
[20:04] | for anyone arrested, um, I’m confident | 走正当的诉讼程序 我相信情况会得到 |
[20:08] | this situation could be resolved without further violence. | 缓解 不会发生进一步的暴力冲突 |
[20:11] | Is that what the U.S. Would do? | 这就是美国的处理方式吗 |
[20:13] | Negotiate with terrorists? | 和恐怖份子谈判 |
[20:15] | President Sandino, as I’m sure you’re aware, | 桑迪诺总统 我相信你已经知道 |
[20:19] | there are 14 American missionaries | 有十四位美国传教士也被困在 |
[20:21] | also trapped in that church. | 那个教堂里 |
[20:24] | We want them back. | 我们想让他们回来 |
[20:25] | Or what? | 否则呢 |
[20:26] | Like my father before me, | 我和前任总统我的父亲一样 |
[20:28] | I refuse to be bullied by the U.S. | 拒绝被美国欺凌 |
[20:31] | From what I understand, your father is currently undergoing | 据我所知 你父亲现在正在 |
[20:34] | medical treatment in Florida. | 佛罗里达州接受治疗 |
[20:38] | Isn’t it time we learn to work together? | 这难道不是我们尝试合作的好时机吗 |
[20:40] | You lost that chance | 中情局特工杀死我妈妈的时候 |
[20:42] | when your CIA murdered my mother. | 你们已经失去了这个机会 |
[20:44] | We alone shall handle our internal affairs | 我们都应该以我们觉得合适的方式 |
[20:48] | as we see fit. | 独自处理我们的内政 |
[20:55] | Get me the CIA files on Sandino and his father. | 把中情局关于桑迪诺和他父亲的档案给我 |
[20:59] | Maybe if I understand better what happened to them | 或许如果我能更好地理解他们 |
[21:01] | in Nicaragua’s first civil war, | 在尼加拉瓜第一次内战中的遭遇 |
[21:03] | I can find a way to stave off a second. | 我能找到办法来缓和一下局势 |
[21:05] | – Yes, ma’am. – Okay? Thank you. | -是 国务卿 -好的 谢谢 |
[21:07] | I just took a call from Ephraim Ware. | 我刚刚接到了埃弗兰·威尔的电话 |
[21:09] | Intelligence has clocked a group of Chinese operatives | 情报部门发现了一队中国特工 |
[21:11] | that they believe might be a hit squad | 他们相信可能是一支突击队 |
[21:12] | entering Nicaragua through Costa Rica. | 通过哥斯达黎加进入尼加拉瓜 |
[21:16] | I guess maybe China’s decided | 我想或许中方认为 |
[21:17] | that Sandino is bad for business after all. | 桑迪诺这样做的确对生意不利 |
[21:25] | So, | 所以 |
[21:26] | what do you think is going on with Sarah? | 你觉得莎拉怎么了 |
[21:29] | You think maybe seeing all those wounded people | 或许看到那些跟她年龄相仿的 |
[21:32] | near to her own age maybe that’s shaken her up? | 伤员可能吓到她了吗 |
[21:35] | Could be. I didn’t want to get into it | 可能是 我不想在孩子们面前 |
[21:38] | in front of the kids. | 聊这个 |
[21:39] | You know, maybe Shane’s right to worry. | 或许沙恩的担心是有道理的 |
[21:42] | I feel like I should talk to her, but honestly, | 我觉得我应该和她聊聊 但说实话 |
[21:44] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[21:46] | I mean, when I deployed, it was to potentially take lives, | 我去上战场时 是要去夺走生命 |
[21:50] | and Sarah’s going in to save them. | 而莎拉要去救他们 |
[21:52] | Maybe you just need to let her know that you’re there for her. | 或许你只要让她知道你支持她 |
[21:55] | Maybe I should take her to see Will. | 或许我该带她去见见威尔 |
[21:57] | Ooh, I don’t know about that. | 这可不好说 |
[22:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:01] | He’s been in combat zones. | 他去过战场 |
[22:02] | Heck, he teaches trauma medicine. | 他教创伤医学 |
[22:05] | He’s bound to have some good advice. | 他肯定有些好的建议 |
[22:08] | I love my brother. | 我爱我的弟弟 |
[22:09] | But he’s got a very particular | 但他对事情的 |
[22:11] | take on things. | 理解很特别 |
[22:13] | And how it’s going to land on other people… | 而那些看法对其他人会带来什么影响 |
[22:17] | isn’t usually much of a factor in his thinking. | 通常不在他的考虑范围内 |
[22:20] | I’ve got to do something. I feel a responsibility | 我得做点什么 我觉得应该 |
[22:22] | to Shane and Sarah. | 对沙恩和莎拉负责 |
[22:25] | Want to make sure she’s in a good place when she deploys. | 我想确保她在战场上有良好的状态 |
[22:27] | Yeah, okay, well– | 对 好吧 |
[22:32] | Don’t, don’t… | 别 别 |
[22:34] | don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 别说我没有警告你 |
[22:36] | Well, after you downplayed my earlier concerns | 在你淡化了我之前对于尼加拉瓜 |
[22:39] | about Nicaragua, I was surprised to hear | 的顾虑后 我很惊讶地听说 |
[22:42] | that a group of Chinese operatives were spotted | 今天在哥斯达黎加边境附近 |
[22:44] | in Costa Rica near the border today. | 发现了一群中国特工 |
[22:46] | You grasped the situation there | 你对那里的情况了解得 |
[22:48] | more clearly than I. | 比我更清楚 |
[22:49] | President Sandino’s behavior has proven to be | 桑迪诺总统的行为的确是 |
[22:52] | unacceptably destabilizing. | 极端地不稳定 |
[22:54] | To the Nicaraguan people, | 是对尼加拉瓜人民 |
[22:57] | or to Chinese investment in the region? | 还是对中国在该地区的投资 |
[22:59] | Pick whichever answer suits you. | 你爱怎么说都行 |
[23:01] | If you’re saying what I think you’re saying, Ming, | 明 如果你要说我觉得你要说的话 |
[23:04] | I strongly urge you to reconsider. | 我强烈建议你重新考虑 |
[23:07] | Nicaragua, I-it’s… | 尼加拉瓜… |
[23:09] | it’s a powder keg right now. | 现在就是个火药桶 |
[23:10] | One stray spark could ignite a civil war. | 随便一个火花可能点燃一场内战 |
[23:13] | That is exactly what China wishes to avoid. | 这正是中国希望能避免的 |
[23:15] | Well, then we can still work together | 那我们还是可以一起 |
[23:17] | to negotiate with Sandino. | 跟桑迪诺谈判 |
[23:18] | Sandino doesn’t want to negotiate, Elizabeth. | 桑迪诺不想谈判 伊丽莎白 |
[23:21] | And neither do I. | 我也不想 |
[23:23] | If the U.S. cannot bring him to heel, | 如果美国不能逼他就范 |
[23:25] | then China will do what it must. | 那么中国就会使用必要的手段 |
[23:27] | At least try and buy me a little bit more time. | 至少试着多给我点时间 |
[23:30] | I’ll do what I can. | 我会尽力的 |
[23:31] | Good night, Madam Secretary. | 晚安 国务卿 |
[23:36] | Morning… | 早上好 |
[23:39] | What is that doing here? | 那是什么 |
[23:41] | It’s a gift for Russell. | 这是给拉塞尔的礼物 |
[23:43] | From Carlos Morejon. | 来自卡洛斯·莫雷洪 |
[23:45] | Stevie! Get in here. | 斯蒂芬 进来 |
[23:49] | Bring the bear. | 把熊猫带进来 |
[23:58] | Is this all from Senator Morejon? | 这都是莫雷洪参议员送吗 |
[24:01] | Thanks to your little social media stunt, | 拜你的社交媒体小把戏所赐 |
[24:04] | half the city is mocking me. | 半个城市都在嘲笑我 |
[24:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:09] | I didn’t see this coming. | 我没想到会是这样 |
[24:12] | On the plus side, you’re-you’re trending | 从好的方面看 你是 你在 |
[24:14] | with-with normal, uh… | 普通的 |
[24:16] | non-political… | 与政治无关的… |
[24:19] | panda-loving Americans. | 热爱熊猫的美国人中很受欢迎 |
[24:20] | That lot of good that does the millions of children | 那些好的方面使得上百万儿童 |
[24:22] | about to lose health care. | 即将失去医疗保健 |
[24:24] | You… | 你… |
[24:25] | Do you not understand how my job works? | 你不明白我的工作性质吗 |
[24:29] | I can’t whip votes if people in this town | 如果大家觉得我又温柔又可爱 |
[24:31] | think I’m soft and cuddly. | 我就无法赢得选票了 |
[24:34] | They have to be afraid of me. | 他们必须害怕我 |
[24:36] | Let me ask you a question. | 我来问你一个问题 |
[24:37] | Are you afraid of me? | 你怕我吗 |
[24:39] | A little. | 有一点 |
[24:41] | How about now? | 那这样呢 |
[24:43] | I see your point. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[24:44] | – Fix this! – Yeah. | -解决这个问题 -好 |
[24:49] | Uh, so, Sarah, Henry says | 莎拉 亨利说 |
[24:50] | you’ve got some pre-deployment jitters. | 你去战场前感觉有点紧张 |
[24:54] | What? N… No. | 什么 没有 |
[24:56] | Uh, I asked Will to join us | 我叫威尔来 |
[24:59] | because I thought it might be nice for you | 是因为我觉得可能 |
[25:00] | to talk to someone who’s had some background | 和有战场从医经验的人聊聊 |
[25:03] | in combat medicine, you know, in case you have any | 会对你有好处 如果你有任何 |
[25:06] | last minute questions or… | 最后一刻的问题或者… |
[25:09] | concerns. | 顾虑 |
[25:10] | Look, Uncle Henry, I know I freaked out | 亨利叔叔 昨晚有那么一刻 |
[25:12] | for a second last night, but… | 我是发飙了 但是… |
[25:15] | I-I’m not afraid. | 我并不害怕 |
[25:16] | For yourself. | 你并不为你自己害怕 |
[25:18] | It’s the safety of your patients | 你担心的 |
[25:19] | that you’re worried about. | 是病人的安全 |
[25:20] | That despite all your training, | 尽管你接受了所有的训练 |
[25:22] | when the gurneys from some IED attack | 在遭到简易爆炸装置攻击后 |
[25:24] | start rolling in, you won’t have what it takes. | 轮床疯狂涌入时 你是应付不了的 |
[25:26] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗 |
[25:30] | What if I’m not good enough? | 要是我不够好怎么办 |
[25:31] | What if a patient dies because I screwed up? | 要是病人因为我搞砸了而死怎么办 |
[25:36] | Well, let me… | 好吧 让我… |
[25:37] | let me put your mind at ease. | 我来给你宽宽心 |
[25:39] | You are going to screw up, | 你肯定会搞砸的 |
[25:42] | and some of your patients | 并且有一部分你的病人 |
[25:43] | are going to die. | 会死的 |
[25:46] | Okay, should we just order? | 好了 我们先点菜吗 |
[25:48] | Now, hopefully those two things won’t overlap. | 希望这两件事不会重叠 |
[25:50] | But you can’t let fear of either | 但你不能被恐惧 |
[25:53] | paralyze you. | 所支配 |
[25:54] | Let me… let me ask you something. | 让我 我来问问你 |
[25:56] | When it comes to being a successful trauma nurse, | 要成为一名成功的创伤护士 |
[25:59] | what do you think the most important trait | 你认为应该有的最重要的特点 |
[26:00] | to have is? | 是什么 |
[26:02] | Training, obviously. | 显然是训练 |
[26:03] | Well, I’m told you were near the top of your class, | 我听说你在班上名列前茅 |
[26:06] | so I’m not worried about training. What else? | 所以我不担心训练 还有什么 |
[26:07] | Staying cool under pressure. | 在压力下保持冷静 |
[26:09] | Hmm, getting warmer. | 越来越接近了 |
[26:12] | And the biggest determinant of whether or not you’ll be able | 决定你是否能在压力下保持冷静 |
[26:14] | to stay cool under pressure is…? | 最大的决定性因素是 |
[26:18] | Sleep. | 睡眠 |
[26:20] | Booyah. | 正是 |
[26:22] | How do you sleep, Sarah? | 你睡眠质量如何 莎拉 |
[26:23] | Are you a… are you a good sleeper? | 你睡得好吗 |
[26:26] | I can power down anywhere. | 我可以在任何地方睡着 |
[26:27] | Airplane. Nurses’ lounge. | 飞机上 护士休息室 |
[26:30] | Back of a Humvee. | 悍马车后座 |
[26:31] | – Well, that’s great. – Anywhere. | -太好了 -任何地方 |
[26:32] | Great. You’ll-you’ll be fine. | 很好 你会没事的 |
[26:35] | Great. Let’s order. | 很好 我们点菜吧 |
[26:38] | That’s it. That’s all I got. | 就这样 我的建议就是这个 |
[26:41] | The vast majority of medical errors | 绝大多数医疗过失是在 |
[26:42] | happen when the provider is too tired to think clearly. | 医生太累而不能清晰地思考时发生 |
[26:46] | So if you don’t want to make mistakes, | 所以如果你不想犯错误 |
[26:48] | just get all the sleep you can. | 就尽可能地睡好觉 |
[26:49] | But what if I had told you I wasn’t a good sleeper? | 那刚才我要是说我睡得不好呢 |
[26:52] | Then I would have said to take your nursing degree | 那我就会说拿着你的护理学位 |
[26:55] | and-and go work in a nursing home, | 去疗养院工作 |
[26:58] | ’cause trauma medicine ain’t for you. | 因为创伤医学不适合你 |
[27:03] | Believe it or not, I find that oddly comforting. | 信不信由你 我感觉莫名地安慰 |
[27:06] | Yeah. Oddly comforting. | 对 莫名地安慰 |
[27:08] | That’s me. | 那就是我 |
[27:12] | – So, can we order? – Yeah. | -那 我们可以点菜吗 -好 |
[27:13] | So, how bummed was Annelies | 你不得不取消和她的约会时 |
[27:15] | that you had to cancel on her? | 安娜丽丝是有多不高兴 |
[27:16] | Actually, she took the train to D.C. this morning | 事实上 她今天早上和几个棋友 |
[27:18] | with some chess friends, do some sightseeing. | 一起坐火车去华盛顿玩了 |
[27:20] | If we can get Sandino to back down, | 如果我们能让桑迪诺就范 |
[27:23] | then I’m gonna meet up with them. | 我就去找他们 |
[27:24] | Why don’t you sound happier about that? | 为什么你听上去没那么开心 |
[27:26] | Because she’s in my city having a great time, | 因为她在我的城市玩得很开心 |
[27:28] | just not with me. And look. | 却不是和我 还有 |
[27:30] | Look at her Instagram. | 你们看她的照片墙 |
[27:31] | Wh-What’s the deal with that guy? | 这个家伙是怎么回事 |
[27:34] | He’s got his arm around her in every picture. | 每张照片都搂着她 |
[27:36] | Big arm. | 手太长 |
[27:37] | Okay, buddy, speaking from personal experience, | 兄弟 以我的个人经验来说 |
[27:40] | do not go there. | 还是别去了 |
[27:44] | Any update from inside the church? | 教堂里有什么新消息吗 |
[27:46] | Yes. It’s not good. | 是的 情况不乐观 |
[27:47] | Bethany James just posted another video. | 贝瑟尼·詹姆斯刚刚又发布了一段视频 |
[27:49] | Four of the wounded have died since last night. | 昨晚到现在 已经有四名伤者死亡 |
[27:52] | They are running dangerously low | 他们的食物 水和医疗物资快用尽了 |
[27:53] | on food and water, medical supplies. | 处境非常危险 |
[27:56] | And the Chinese hit squad? | 中国突击队呢 |
[27:58] | Laying low. | 没有动静 |
[27:59] | Maybe knowing that we had eyes on them slowed their roll. | 也许知道我们在盯着他们 不敢轻举妄动 |
[28:01] | Sounds like Chen was able to | 看来陈 |
[28:03] | talk some sense into President Li. | 说通了李主席 |
[28:04] | Any ideas in Sandino’s CIA file? | 桑迪诺的中情局档案有收获吗 |
[28:07] | Maybe one. | 可能有一点 |
[28:09] | I got to talk to the president. | 我要跟总统谈谈 |
[28:18] | 1983年 尼加拉瓜 马萨亚 | |
[28:35] | State Department Political Officer | 国务院政治官员 |
[28:39] | Conrad Dalton, I’ve always been so puzzled by your title. | 康拉德·道尔顿 我一直对你的头衔很困惑 |
[28:45] | Tell me, | 你说 |
[28:46] | when the State Department returns | 当国务院把你的碎尸 |
[28:48] | your dismembered corpse to Washington, | 运回华盛顿以后 |
[28:51] | will they go through the pretense | 他们会装模作样地给你办 |
[28:52] | of holding a memorial, | 追悼仪式 |
[28:55] | or will that fall to your comrades at the CIA? | 还是会把你的追悼会交给你中情局的同僚去办 |
[28:58] | President Sandino, | 桑迪诺总统 |
[29:00] | I came here to tell you that the attempt on your life | 我来是想告诉你 暗杀你的行动 |
[29:03] | wasn’t sanctioned by the U.S. Government. | 并不是美国政府指使的 |
[29:04] | It would be unwise to insult my intelligence. | 侮辱我的智商可不是明智之举 |
[29:08] | You know we’ve been in contact | 你知道我们一直 |
[29:09] | with some of the rebel cells, | 跟一些反叛组织有联系 |
[29:11] | but that bombing should never have happened. | 但是轰炸事件不该发生 |
[29:13] | For whatever part we might have played, | 不管我们在当中扮演了什么角色 |
[29:15] | both my government and I personally am truly sorry. | 我个人和我的政府都真心地感到抱歉 |
[29:21] | I will tell that to my son | 我会转告我儿子的 |
[29:23] | when he’s crying at night for his dead mother. | 当他在夜里为死去的母亲哭泣时 |
[29:26] | I know there’s nothing I can ever do | 我知道我现在做什么都于事无补了 |
[29:27] | to make this right for you. | 不管是为你 |
[29:30] | Or your son. | 还是为你儿子 |
[29:31] | But we still have the power to save Nicaragua | 但是我们还有能力挽救尼加拉瓜 |
[29:33] | from more violence. | 避免更多的暴力事件 |
[29:35] | If you publicly start to distance yourself | 如果你开始公开脱离苏联 |
[29:36] | from the Soviet Union and announce your willingness | 并表达想与美国 |
[29:39] | to work with the United States… | 合作的愿望 |
[29:40] | – With the United States? – I believe my government | -与美国合作 -我相信我的政府 |
[29:43] | – will back yours. – You train rebels over our border. | -会支持你们 -你越境组织叛党 |
[29:44] | – You mine our harbor. – I believe | -轰炸我们的港口 -我相信 |
[29:46] | I can convince my government to back yours. | 我可以说服我的政府支持你们 |
[29:49] | Your country has been the source of my country’s misery | 百年来 你们国家一直是我国艰难苦痛的 |
[29:52] | for a hundred years. | 罪魁祸首 |
[29:53] | Together we can end this conflict | 我们可以在情况恶化到不可收拾的地步之前 |
[29:55] | before it spirals out of control. | 一起结束这场争端 |
[29:58] | Please. | 拜托 |
[29:59] | You see this man right here? | 看到站着的这个人了吗 |
[30:04] | He thinks I should kill you. | 他认为我该杀了你 |
[30:07] | And so does this one over here. | 那边那个也这么认为 |
[30:09] | They all think | 他们都认为 |
[30:11] | that I should chop you to pieces with my machete | 我应该用大砍刀把你碎尸万段 |
[30:15] | and dump your corpse in front of the U.S. Embassy | 然后把你的尸体扔在美国大使馆门口 |
[30:17] | to send the message | 以此告诉他们 |
[30:19] | that this is what war with Nicaragua will look like! | 这就是和尼加拉瓜开战的结果 |
[30:25] | But this… this is not | 但这不是 |
[30:27] | the kind of leader that I want to be for my people. | 我想让人民看到的领导者 |
[30:31] | Or the kind of parent that I want to be for my son. | 也不是我想让儿子看到的父亲 |
[30:36] | And I want you to deliver | 我想让你 |
[30:37] | a message to your government: | 转告你的政府 |
[30:39] | that I will never stop fighting for my country! | 我永远不会停止为我的国家斗争 |
[30:49] | I knew that you were in Nicaragua in the ’80s, | 我知道80年代你在尼加拉瓜 |
[30:51] | but until I read the file, I had no idea | 但是直到翻看了档案 我才知道 |
[30:54] | that you attempted to negotiate with Sandino | 你在暗杀行动未遂之后 |
[30:56] | after the assassination attempt. | 还尝试跟桑迪诺谈判 |
[30:58] | Not that it did any good. | 并没有什么用 |
[31:02] | It was courageous. | 勇气可嘉 |
[31:04] | It was futile. | 无济于事 |
[31:06] | The civil war raged on, | 内战爆发 |
[31:08] | cost the lives of tens of thousands of Nicaraguans. | 牺牲了数万条尼加拉瓜人民的性命 |
[31:12] | Still, you were right | 但你的想法还是正确的 |
[31:15] | to believe that he was a leader to be reasoned with. | 他是个可以说理的领导者 |
[31:19] | Despite constant undermining by the U.S., | 尽管不断被美国打压 |
[31:22] | he managed to do some good for his people. | 他还是为他的人民做出了一些贡献 |
[31:24] | And when he lost an election, he gave up power. | 而且落选以后 他就放弃了权力 |
[31:28] | More than I can say for a lot of the folks | 对于我们支持的那个地区的很多人来说 |
[31:30] | we backed in the region. | 远甚于此 |
[31:33] | There were no easy answers then. | 那时没有别的办法 |
[31:37] | Take yourself back to the Cold War. | 回想一下冷战时期 |
[31:39] | Deaths under Stalin and Mao and Pol Pot, | 斯大林 毛泽东和波尔布特[柬埔寨]时期的死亡人数 |
[31:42] | either by privation or outright murder, | 不管是贫困致死 还是被公然谋杀 |
[31:46] | numbered in the hundreds of millions. | 都数以亿计 |
[31:47] | How could we not push back? | 我们怎么能不加以制止呢 |
[31:50] | True enough. | 的确 |
[31:53] | But my God, | 天啊 |
[31:54] | did we make some awful mistakes along the way. | 我们一直以来都犯了些严重的错误 |
[31:57] | Myself included. I mean… | 包括我自己 |
[32:00] | Sandino Jr. might not have turned out to be such a monster | 如果不是他的母亲在我任内被杀害了 |
[32:03] | if his mother hadn’t been killed on my watch. | 小桑迪诺也许不会变成这么个怪物 |
[32:06] | I understand second-guessing the past, | 我能理解对过去的假设 |
[32:10] | but we are on the verge of a disaster in Nicaragua now. | 但是我们正处于尼加拉瓜灾难的边缘 |
[32:14] | Sandino Jr. is showing no sign of backing down. | 小桑迪诺没有让步的意思 |
[32:19] | And when the country finally implodes, | 一旦这个国家发生内爆 |
[32:21] | you can bet Russia and China will be ready to swoop in | 俄罗斯和中国必定会乘虚而入 |
[32:24] | and capitalize on the chaos. | 利用这次混乱 |
[32:28] | So then, we let CIA off the leash. | 然后我们又派中情局四处奔走 |
[32:33] | And on and on it goes. | 不断发酵升级 |
[32:34] | I get that this must feel like déjà vu, | 我知道这感觉一定似曾相识 |
[32:39] | but you still have a chance to break the cycle, Conrad. | 但你还有机会打破这个循环 康拉德 |
[32:48] | And how would I do that? | 我该怎么做呢 |
[32:54] | What’s going on here? | 这儿怎么了 |
[32:55] | Cancer survivors, here for a photo op with POTUS… | 癌症幸存者 来这儿和总统合影 |
[32:59] | Ah. …to help drum up | 为了给 |
[33:00] | support for the children’s health care bill. | 儿童医疗保健法案争取支持 |
[33:02] | Now that I’m tainted by Pandagate, | 既然我已经陷入”熊猫门” |
[33:04] | we have to stoop to emotional manipulation. | 我们只能堕落到打感情牌了 |
[33:07] | Hey, mister. | 先生 |
[33:09] | Aren’t you the Panda Cam man? | 你不是就熊猫直播的那个人吗 |
[33:12] | I guess that’s me. | 我猜是我 |
[33:14] | I love pandas, too. | 我也爱熊猫 |
[33:16] | Bei Bei is my favorite. | 贝贝是我的最爱 |
[33:18] | Can I take a selfie with you? | 我可以跟你自拍吗 |
[33:23] | Actually, um… come with me. | 事实上… 跟我来 |
[33:33] | There we go. | 好了 |
[33:35] | I hope I’m not imposing but, it would mean the world to her | 希望我没有强人所难 但如果您能把照片 |
[33:37] | if you’d post that picture on Instagram. | 发布到照片墙上 那对她来说将是意义非凡的 |
[33:40] | Please? | 拜托 |
[33:41] | Absolutely. Uh, uh, | 当然 |
[33:43] | this is Stevie, my social media director. | 这是斯蒂芬 我的社交媒体主管 |
[33:45] | Just give her your Instagram… | 把你的照片墙… |
[33:48] | …handle, and she’ll… | 用户名 她会… |
[33:50] | tag you. Okay? | 加上你的标签 好吗 |
[33:52] | Thanks, Mr. Panda. | 谢谢你 熊猫先生 |
[33:56] | 佛罗里达州 迈阿密 | |
[34:20] | Conrad Dalton, | 康拉德·道尔顿 |
[34:21] | you always seem to come calling when it’s already too late. | 你似乎总是在为时已晚的时候才出现 |
[34:25] | You once told me | 你曾经告诉我 |
[34:26] | you would never stop fighting for your country. | 你永远不会停止为你的国家斗争 |
[34:29] | I hope that’s still true. | 我希望这还是真的 |
[34:34] | An old piece of shrapnel | 有一块旧的弹片 |
[34:37] | was migrating towards my heart. | 往我的心脏转移了 |
[34:38] | Luckily, they were able to remove it | 幸运的是 他们成功地取出了弹片 |
[34:41] | without much trouble. | 没有费太多力气 |
[34:43] | I am truly sorry | 我真的很抱歉 |
[34:44] | for everything you went through that day, Mateo. | 对于你那天经历的一切 马特奥 |
[34:47] | And for everything the Nicaraguan people | 以及自那以后尼加拉瓜人民 |
[34:49] | went through afterwards. | 所遭受的一切 |
[34:50] | I know what you want from me, | 我知道你想从我这里得到什么 |
[34:54] | but I cannot help you. | 但我帮不了你 |
[34:56] | My son… | 我儿子… |
[34:58] | he keeps his own counsel now. | 他现在有自己的想法 |
[35:01] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[35:03] | I have a son, too. Harrison. | 我也有个儿子 哈里森 |
[35:05] | He’s battled addiction since high school. | 他从高中开始就与毒瘾做斗争 |
[35:09] | It’s devastating to watch a child | 看着你爱的 抚养长大的孩子 |
[35:10] | you raised and love going down such a destructive path. | 走上这样一条不归路 那感觉痛不欲生 |
[35:14] | I was so proud of my son | 当我儿子选上总统的时候 |
[35:17] | when he was elected president. | 我为他感到骄傲 |
[35:20] | I thought he would finish the work that I started. | 我以为他会完成我开创的事业 |
[35:24] | But now it seems he’s becoming | 现在看来 他好像正在变成 |
[35:26] | the sort of dictator I fought to overthrow. | 我努力想要推翻的那种独裁者 |
[35:30] | And you fought too hard and | 你付出了这么多努力 |
[35:32] | suffered too much for Nicaragua | 遭受这么多痛苦 |
[35:34] | for that to be its fate. | 忍心看到它落到这样的地步吗 |
[35:35] | Please, | 拜托了 |
[35:36] | for the sake of your people, | 为了你的人民 |
[35:39] | talk to your son. | 和你儿子谈一谈吧 |
[35:40] | I have been out of my son’s inner circle for many years. | 他很多年前就把我排除在他的圈子之外了 |
[35:46] | I don’t even know if he would listen to me. | 我甚至都不知道他是否还愿意听我的话 |
[35:49] | Well, I wasn’t sure you would listen to me, | 我之前也不确定你是否愿意按我说的做 |
[35:53] | but here we are. | 看看现在 |
[35:59] | I don’t know why you’re being so coy, Jay. | 你怎么这么扭扭捏捏的 杰伊 |
[36:01] | – I don’t get it. – Hey, guys. | -什么意思 -大家好 |
[36:02] | Thanks for coming in on a Saturday. Good morning. | 谢谢大家周六还来办公室 早上好 |
[36:03] | And Chloe’s here! Hi! | 克洛伊也来了 你好呀 |
[36:05] | Hi, M-Sec! | 国务卿女士好 |
[36:06] | Okay, that does make things better. | 现在的确感觉好多了 |
[36:09] | Tell us you got to spend some time with Annelies last night. | 你昨晚去陪安娜丽丝了吧 |
[36:12] | I got home a little late. | 我回家晚了点 |
[36:14] | Her train leaves in a couple hours. | 她的火车还有几小时就要开了 |
[36:15] | – Sorry, buddy. – It’s fine. | -为你默哀 兄弟 -没事 |
[36:16] | Uh, ma’am, so I take it that the president’s | 国务卿 我猜 总统 |
[36:18] | overture to Sandino Sr. was unsuccessful? | 没能打动老桑迪诺 |
[36:22] | Actually, | 其实 |
[36:23] | President Dalton was able to convince Sandino Sr. | 道尔顿总统说服了老桑迪诺 |
[36:26] | to reach out to his son, | 与他儿子进行沟通 |
[36:29] | but Junior wasn’t willing to blink. | 但小的那位根本不理 |
[36:32] | President Sandino refused to negotiate | 桑迪诺总统拒绝 |
[36:35] | – with his own father? -Yeah. | -与他父亲沟通 -没错 |
[36:37] | So he’s going full despot. | 他正在变成一个彻底的暴君 |
[36:39] | So, | 所以 |
[36:40] | if anyone has any great idea in their back pocket | 还有人偷偷留了什么 |
[36:44] | on preventing an incipient massacre, boy, | 可以阻止这场一触即发的大屠杀的好主意 |
[36:47] | would be a great time to share. | 是时候拿出来了 |
[36:52] | Wait, ma’am, | 等等 国务卿 |
[36:54] | you have to see this. | 您看看这个 |
[36:56] | …development in Nicaragua today. | 尼加拉瓜事态进展 |
[36:58] | Former President Mateo Sandino Sr. | 前总统老马特奥·桑迪诺 |
[37:01] | came out in support of protesters | 站出来支持 |
[37:03] | trapped inside a church | 被困教堂的抗议者 |
[37:05] | and against the country’s current president, | 反对该国现任总统 |
[37:08] | his own son. | 也是他的儿子 |
[37:09] | Señor Presidente… | 总统先生 |
[37:10] | – You guys, are you watching… – Mr. President, | -你们有没有看 -总统先生 |
[37:11] | – Oh, you are. – Do you have any message | -好吧你们在看 -您有什么话 |
[37:13] | for the current president? | 想对现任总统说的吗 |
[37:16] | If my son wishes to talk, | 如果他想谈 |
[37:18] | he knows where to find me, | 他随时可以来找我 |
[37:20] | here, with the Nicaraguan people. | 我就在这 和尼加拉瓜人民在一起 |
[37:22] | Today and always. | 今天如此 永远如此 |
[37:24] | My God, will you look at that? | 天哪 难以相信 |
[37:27] | Por favor… | 帮帮我们吧 |
[37:28] | Please, let us pass. | 请让一下 |
[37:33] | Yeah, major news outlets | 主流媒体 |
[37:34] | are picking this up all over the world. | 正在全球范围内播报这个新闻 |
[37:36] | Sandino Jr. will never be able to spin this | 小桑迪诺不可能再把这一事件 |
[37:38] | as a terrorist incident now. | 说成是恐怖行动了 |
[37:39] | He won’t risk opening fire on that church | 他不可能冒这么大的风险向教堂开火 |
[37:41] | with a beloved national hero inside. | 里面可有一位深受人民爱戴的国家英雄呢 |
[37:42] | – So, it’s over? – Well, um, we still | -这件事就这样结束了吗 -我们还得 |
[37:45] | have to closely monitor the situation until | 继续密切关注事态 |
[37:48] | all those missionaries are safely back on U.S. soil, | 直到所有传教士返回美国境内 |
[37:52] | but it is no longer an “All hands on deck” situation. | 但是 现在已经不是”全员戒备”状态了 |
[38:00] | What? | 什么意思 |
[38:01] | – Imminent crisis averted, man. – Go. | -紧急危机状态解除 -快去吧 |
[38:02] | – Hope has been restored. – Go! – Get out of here. | -重现希望 -快去 -别待在这了 |
[38:04] | – I got Chloe. – Oh, Chloe, | -还有克洛伊呢 -克洛伊 |
[38:05] | how would you feel about hanging out with me | 想不想我陪你玩一会 |
[38:07] | for a while? Right? | 怎么样 |
[38:09] | – Are you serious? Now– – Oh, yeah, I am. | -您是认真的吗 -没错 是的 |
[38:11] | ‘Cause I still got it. | 我还没忘怎么带孩子呢 |
[38:13] | I mean, what are you waiting for? | 你还等什么 |
[38:15] | I appreciate it, ma’am. Seriously. Guys, | 谢谢您 国务卿 真的 谢谢大家 |
[38:17] | I-I really do. But I think it’s pretty clear | 真的 但是我觉得很显然我没有什么 |
[38:19] | that I don’t have space to date. And even if I did, | 约会的空间 就算有 |
[38:21] | what if– what if we don’t really have a spark | 万一我们俩被困机场的那浪漫一夜 |
[38:23] | between us and I’m just romanticizing a night | 只是我的幻想 并不是真正的火花 |
[38:26] | stuck in an airport, of all places? | 这怎么办 居然还是在机场这种地方 |
[38:28] | – Do you have to work at being this pitiful? Okay. – What? | -你一定要这么卖惨吗 -什么 |
[38:29] | I mean… This may be the first time | 这可能是我第一次 |
[38:31] | I utter these words in this office. | 在办公室说这话 |
[38:34] | Stop thinking! Please. | 别动脑子瞎想了 求你了 |
[38:35] | Just go! You’ll never know until you try. | 快去 不试试怎么知道结果 |
[38:37] | And you’ll know when you see her. | 看到她你就知道该干嘛了 |
[38:39] | Just… come on. Like, right now. | 现在就去 快点 |
[38:40] | She’s leaving in two hours, Jay. | 再有两个小时她就要走了 杰伊 |
[38:42] | Go. Get out of here. | 快去 块滚出办公室 |
[38:42] | Go, Jay! Go! | 杰伊 冲啊 |
[38:44] | Honey? | 宝贝 |
[38:45] | Go, Daddy. | 老爸快冲 |
[38:46] | – Go! Go! – Okay. Okay. | -快去快去 -好好好 |
[38:49] | Yay! Bye! Bye. I love you! | 拜拜 爱你们 |
[38:55] | You wanted to see me? | 您找我有事 |
[38:57] | Sit. | 坐 |
[39:01] | I’m sure you’re wondering | 你肯定在疑惑 |
[39:02] | why I called you in on a Saturday. | 我为什么周六找你来 |
[39:04] | Nope. Just happy to be here. | 没有 乐意之至 |
[39:07] | Where I’m hopefully still welcome. | 希望您不嫌弃我 |
[39:09] | I noticed that when you posted the photos of me | 我看到了 你把我向孩子们分发熊猫玩具的照片 |
[39:11] | handing out the pandas to those kids, | 贴出来的时候 |
[39:14] | you also tagged the jackals | 还提到了 |
[39:15] | who sent me the stupid things in the first place. | 送我这蠢玩意的人 |
[39:20] | It made me furious. | 我很生气 |
[39:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:24] | I just thought it would be a good way to generate publicity | 我只是觉得 这有助于增加 |
[39:26] | for the children’s health care bill. | 儿童健康护理法案的曝光度 |
[39:28] | Well, as it turns out, | 事实证明 |
[39:30] | you were right. | 你是对的 |
[39:32] | Parents around the country put so much pressure | 全国各地的家长 |
[39:35] | on Morejon and the others, | 对莫雷洪那帮人施加了极大的压力 |
[39:36] | they were forced to throw their support behind the bill. | 他们被迫支持法案 |
[39:39] | Looks like it’s gonna pass after all. | 应该是能通过了 |
[39:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[39:43] | It worked. | 你的方法起效了 |
[39:45] | Worked so well | 效果非常好 |
[39:48] | they even renamed it. | 他们甚至重新命名了这个法案 |
[39:50] | The Pediatric, Adolescent, | 《新生儿 儿童 |
[39:52] | and Neonatal Doctor Accessibility Act. | 与青少年医疗服务法案》 |
[39:57] | The PANDA Act? | “熊猫”法案 |
[40:04] | You still got a lot to learn, Stevie. | 你还有很多要学 斯蒂芬 |
[40:06] | But… | 但是 |
[40:07] | you got good instincts, | 你的直觉很棒 |
[40:09] | and that’s something that can’t be taught. | 而这是学不来的 |
[40:11] | So, I called you in on a Saturday | 所以 我在周末把你叫来 |
[40:13] | to thank you for a job well done | 是为了感谢你 干得漂亮 |
[40:16] | and invite you to watch the floor vote with me. | 同时 邀请你和我一起观看这个法案的表决 |
[40:20] | I would be honored, sir. | 万分荣幸 先生 |
[40:23] | Sandino’s agreed to meet | 桑迪诺同意 |
[40:25] | with some of the student leaders, | 在他父亲的斡旋之下 |
[40:28] | with his dad acting as intermediary. | 会见部分学生领袖 |
[40:33] | And if the old man stays in his son’s good graces, | 如果老桑迪诺能保持他儿子对他的信任 |
[40:37] | he might be able to help us thaw our diplomatic relations | 他或许还能缓和我们与小桑迪诺之间的 |
[40:40] | with Sandino Jr. as well. | 外交关系 |
[40:43] | Good call, Bess, | 做得好 贝丝 |
[40:44] | bringing him in. Eh, it was | 找他来这个办法 |
[40:46] | your idea first. | 是你最先提出来的 |
[40:47] | I just… nudged you to give it another go. | 我只是推您再给他一次机会 |
[40:52] | If at first you don’t succeed, | 如果第一次失败了 |
[40:54] | wait 35 years and try again. | 那就过35年再试试 |
[40:57] | Hopefully, china won’t be as slow to learn as the rest of us. | 希望中国能尽快领悟到这一点 |
[41:02] | Chen heeded my warning | 陈部长这次听从了我的警告 |
[41:03] | about pulling the wrong strings this time, but… | 没有走错棋 但是 |
[41:08] | there’s no guarantee they won’t consider it again. | 难保他们不会再动这心思 |
[41:11] | But, you know, Bess, | 但是 贝丝 |
[41:14] | on a day like today, | 在今天这种日子 |
[41:16] | we can hope. | 心存希望总是没错的 |
[41:22] | Just because history repeats itself doesn’t mean | 历史会重演 并不意味着 |
[41:25] | we’re doomed to make the same mistakes. | 我们注定会犯同样的错误 |
[41:28] | Not as long as people are willing | 只要人们还愿意 |
[41:30] | to fight for something better. | 为了更好的未来奋斗 |
[41:35] | Takes time and courage to… | 走出舒适区 开辟新道路 |
[41:39] | step outside our comfort zones and forge new paths. | 需要时间和勇气 |
[41:47] | Yes, sir. | 是的 总统 |
[41:50] | But the end result is almost always worth it. | 但最终的结果总是值得的 |