时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Come on. “Cook Your Signature Dish.” | 来吧 《厨艺秀大招》 |
[00:03] | Uh-huh. It’s perfect for a family dinner. | 多适合家庭晚餐啊 |
[00:04] | What is your problem? | 你到底是怎么回事 |
[00:06] | Sure. There’s nothing better than pitting family | 没有什么比挑逗家庭成员 |
[00:07] | against one another in a contest | 在比赛中互相勾心斗角 |
[00:08] | to guarantee a stressless and loving meal. | 更能保证家庭晚饭的温馨和谐了 |
[00:11] | Hey… whatever it takes to get us all together, | 只要是能让我们大家在一起的事 |
[00:12] | – I’m down with that. – Thank you. | -我都愿意做 -谢谢 |
[00:14] | Uh, and I think you will find | 而且我相信你们会 |
[00:15] | my mandarin orange chicken miraculous. | 对我的文华橙鸡赞不绝口 |
[00:17] | – Mmm, thanks. – Do you want one? | -谢谢 -你来一个吗 |
[00:18] | – Dad! – Yes. She wants one. | -爸爸 -给她来一个 |
[00:19] | – What? – We said no campaigning. | -怎么了 -我们说过的不能给自己拉票 |
[00:20] | Exactly. Waffle potato pancakes. | 没错 马铃薯华夫饼 |
[00:23] | – Hey… – Oh, thank you, that was very subtle. | -嘿… -谢谢你 说得真委婉 |
[00:24] | Waffle potato pancakes, always Yukon Gold, | 马铃薯华夫饼 真正育空金土豆 |
[00:27] | – always hand shredded. – And thank you. | -坚持手工切制 -谢谢 |
[00:30] | Thank you to my brilliant and lovely sister | 感谢我聪明又可爱的姐姐 |
[00:33] | for not cooking, so that we might truly enjoy this meal. | 坚持不做饭 这样我们才能享受这餐美食 |
[00:36] | – Yes. Thank you. – Well… | -对 谢谢 -那个… |
[00:38] | it is my signature dish. Thank you, thank you. | 这就是我的厨艺大招 谢谢 |
[00:40] | – Now dig in. – Okay. | -现在开动吧 -好 |
[00:42] | Um… c-can we say grace? | 我们能做饭前祷告吗 |
[00:45] | Oh, we don’t do that, sweetie. | 我们不做那个 亲爱的 |
[00:46] | Well, why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[00:48] | Yeah, we’ll talk about it at home, okay? | 我们回家再说这个 好吗 |
[00:50] | It’s fine with us. | 我们不介意啊 |
[00:51] | But not with the man who never takes off | 但是从来都不肯摘掉他的 |
[00:52] | his John 3:30 bracelet. | 约翰福音第三章第三十节手环的人肯定介意 |
[00:54] | Well, that’s about faith. And this is personal. | 那是信仰问题 这个则是个人问题 |
[00:57] | I-I’m happy to talk about this later. | 我会很愿意回头再说这个的 |
[00:59] | I just don’t think we should casually | 我只是认为我们不应该随意地 |
[01:00] | participate in a ritual we haven’t defined for ourselves. | 参加一个我们自己都没有搞清楚的仪式 |
[01:02] | Well, Annie casually participated in saying grace | 安妮在格温多林家随意地参加了 |
[01:04] | at Gwendolyn’s house, and she liked it. | 饭前祷告 她很喜欢 |
[01:06] | This really isn’t the time or the place to discuss it. | 这真不是讨论这个话题的时间和场合 |
[01:09] | Exactly. So in the meantime, if she wants to say | 没错啊 所以如果她想要 |
[01:10] | a prayer and be thankful, it wouldn’t hurt anyone. | 祷告一下表示感恩 这没什么问题啊 |
[01:12] | And I think that this should | 而我认为这个应该是 |
[01:13] | be a family meeting for another time. | 另外一次家庭会议所要讨论的 |
[01:15] | What if the McCords say grace and, Annie, you can join in? | 麦考德一家祷告 安妮加入怎么样 |
[01:18] | What if you two don’t put me on the spot like this? | 你们俩不要把我置于这么个境地好不好 |
[01:24] | Mandarin chicken, anybody? | 谁要吃文华橙鸡 |
[01:26] | I’m not campaigning, just asking. | 我可不是拉票 只是问一下 |
[01:27] | Do you remember the prayer you said | 你还记得在格温多林家 |
[01:28] | at Gwendolyn’s house? | 说的祷告词吗 |
[01:29] | – Soph. – Yeah. | -苏菲 -记得 |
[01:30] | “God is great, God is good. | “上帝是伟大的 上帝是善良的 |
[01:32] | Let us thank him for this food.” | 让我们感谢他提供的食物” |
[01:34] | – There we go. Amen. – Amen. | -这就行了 阿门 -阿门 |
[01:35] | – Annie, do you want chicken? – Yes. | -安妮 你想来点鸡吗 -好 |
[01:37] | – Yum. – Okay, what, these-these are vegan, right? | -香 -这些是素的 对吗 |
[01:50] | I can’t get past it. | 我还是放不下这个事 |
[01:51] | You should really try. | 你该再努努力 |
[01:55] | Was it really such a big deal | 他八岁大的女儿想要 |
[01:57] | that his eight-year-old daughter wanted to say | 在饭前祷个告 |
[01:59] | a prayer before dinner? | 这能有多大的事啊 |
[02:00] | What, he can’t participate | 说什么 他不能参加一个 |
[02:02] | in anything until he’s defined it? | 他没有搞清楚的东西 |
[02:04] | – What-what is that? – Babe, a lot of couples | -什么啊这是 -亲爱的 很多夫妻都会 |
[02:06] | have struggles around the role religion | 为宗教在他们生活中的地位 |
[02:07] | – is gonna play in their lives. – Yes, of course. | -而争论 -那是当然 |
[02:09] | Remember us after Stevie was born? | 还记得在斯蒂芬出生后我们俩吗 |
[02:10] | Yes, but the difference is, you… are a sane person | 当然 不同之处在于你是个讲道理的人 |
[02:15] | who is willing to listen and respect the fact | 你愿意倾听和尊重这样的情况 |
[02:18] | that your wife was still working through | 那就是你的妻子还在消化理解 |
[02:20] | – some issues about organized religion. – Yes, and you were | -有组织宗教的问题 -对 而你能 |
[02:22] | able to understand that it was important to me | 理解对我来说让孩子们能对宗教 |
[02:24] | – to have the kids get some exposure to it. – Fine. | -有些接触是很重要的 -没问题 |
[02:26] | Maybe Will and Sophie… just haven’t had that talk. | 也许威尔和苏菲… 没有那样的对话 |
[02:29] | Still… he couldn’t just do it for Annie? | 即便是… 他都不能为安妮变通一下 |
[02:31] | Have the-the big talk later? | 夫妻俩随后再严肃地谈谈吗 |
[02:35] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[02:36] | You can’t just put your kid in the middle of a scene | 你不应该把你的孩子置于那样 |
[02:39] | like that to defend some vague… you know… | 一个境地 只是去保卫一个模糊的… |
[02:47] | …principle. | …原则 |
[02:51] | So you’re just deliberately not getting involved. | 所以你是刻意地没有介入 |
[02:54] | Bingo. | 没错 |
[02:57] | Because you think that I’m-I’m too parental with Will? | 因为你觉得我对威尔有点太像家长了 |
[03:01] | Correct. | 正确 |
[03:02] | Well, I was, actually… | 我确实是… |
[03:05] | sort of like his parent. And I feel a responsibility | 有点像他的家长 而且我觉得我有责任 |
[03:10] | to help when he… | 帮助他 当他… |
[03:13] | does these things that are… | 做这些非常… |
[03:14] | Yeah, but then you just talk in that tone of voice, | 可你就用那种语气讲话 |
[03:15] | and he gets angry and defensive, | 然后他就生气和抵触 |
[03:16] | and he can’t take in a word you say. | 你说的话他一个字也听不进去 |
[03:18] | …so extraordinarily stupid. | 非常愚蠢的事情的时候 |
[03:28] | Maybe you should talk to him. | 也许你应该去跟他谈谈 |
[03:31] | – Uh, no. – He respects you. | -算了 -他尊重你 |
[03:34] | You could give him some… religious advice. | 你可以给他些… 宗教方面的建议 |
[03:37] | – Babe, he’s a grown man. – It would be a perfect time | -亲爱的 他是个成年人了 -这可是 |
[03:39] | for you to trot out your old pal Aquinas. | 把你的老朋友阿奎奈[神学家]请出来的绝佳时机 |
[03:41] | I’m not gonna talk to him about his adult behavior. | 我不会跟他谈他的成年人的行为的 |
[03:44] | It wasn’t all that adult. | 那些行为也不是那么成年吧 |
[03:45] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[03:47] | Look… you’re going away tomorrow. | 你明天要出去了 |
[03:51] | Why don’t you join me in this bed | 你为什么不跟我一起上床来 |
[03:54] | and we can not talk about it? | 我们就不要再说这个了 好不好 |
[03:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:00] | 美国国务院 阿富汗重建和恢复协议 | |
[04:05] | You move that State Department folder one more time, | 你要再敢动国务院的文件夹 |
[04:07] | and I will turn your stay on the seventh floor | 我就让你在七楼度过的时间成为 |
[04:09] | into a horrifying fever dream. | 你挥之不去的噩梦 |
[04:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:16] | You’d think the Defense Department would be | 本来还以为国防部应该 |
[04:17] | a little more secure. | 更坚定一些呢 |
[04:19] | You know what? I’m actually kind of relieved | 说实话 我不需要跟这群人 |
[04:21] | I don’t have to go to Afghanistan with this crowd. | 去阿富汗 让我觉得挺解脱的 |
[04:23] | The signing of the Afghanistan Rebuild-Renew Agreement | 《阿富汗重建和恢复协议》的签署 |
[04:25] | would be the event of the year if we can pull it off. | 如果能实现的话 这肯定会是年度最佳项目 |
[04:27] | Leave it! Thank you. | 别动 谢谢 |
[04:30] | You’re right. It could get tense. | 你说得对 有可能会挺紧张的 |
[04:32] | Still got a lot of details to work out | 如何使用我们给他们的一百亿美元 |
[04:33] | with President Sharza about the spending | 还有好多的细节需要 |
[04:35] | of this $10 billion aid package we’re sending them. | 与沙扎总统讨论确定 |
[04:39] | Yeah, well, they’ve done everything they promised | 他们已经做了所承诺的事情 |
[04:40] | in terms of meeting their human rights benchmarks | 包括满足人权方面的标准 |
[04:42] | and allowing the Taliban to be a part of the government. | 还有允许让塔利班参加政府的组建等等 |
[04:44] | So, they’ll be tough, but it’ll work out, | 他们会很强硬 但是会达成一致的 |
[04:45] | because it’s $10 billion and they need it. | 因为这可是他们所需要的一百亿美元呢 |
[04:47] | And Gordon Becker will get that drawdown | 戈登·贝克尔将得以减少 |
[04:49] | on close to 90,000 troops. | 将近九万人的部队 |
[04:52] | Still no women allowed in government, though. | 可是妇女还是不能参加政府 |
[04:54] | That must have been a hard concession for M-Sec to make. | 国务卿女士做出这样的让步一定很困难 |
[04:57] | You have no idea. Majority of Afghans | 你不知道 大多数阿富汗人 |
[04:59] | wanted the Taliban involved in the government, | 希望塔利班参与政府 |
[05:00] | and they weren’t willing to budge on that. | 却他们不愿意在这方面让步 |
[05:02] | Oh, well. Just give ’em another hundred years or so. | 再给他们一百年时间吧 |
[05:06] | Hey, someone’s a little overeager for the trip. | 看来某人对这次出差很上心啊 |
[05:09] | Okay, okay. I-I got that thing for my mom first, remember? | 我要先处理我妈那件事 记得吗 |
[05:13] | I’m arriving in Kabul a day late. | 我要晚一天到喀布尔 |
[05:15] | – Oh, right. – What thing? | -好 -什么事情 |
[05:16] | Her 70th birthday. | 她七十岁生日 |
[05:17] | Oh, that’s quite a thing. | 那可是件大事 |
[05:19] | Yeah, her mosque is throwing her a party, | 她的清真寺要给她办个派对 |
[05:20] | and I’m her surprise gift. | 我是她的惊喜礼物 |
[05:22] | Oh. But you’re also arriving | 但你也会给她 |
[05:26] | with a real gift for her, right? | 送一份真的礼物 对吧 |
[05:27] | Of course he is. His one and only mother is turning 70. | 当然啦 他唯一的母亲要七十岁了 |
[05:30] | Okay. I’ve got to write M-Sec’s remarks | 国务卿女士在喀布尔签约时要发表演讲 |
[05:32] | for the signing in Kabul. I’m only one man. | 我得给她写稿子 我的时间是有限的 |
[05:36] | Remarks for Kabul, | 一边是喀布尔的稿子 |
[05:37] | useless unappreciated gift for Mom… | 一边是没有用 妈妈也不会喜欢的生日礼物 |
[05:39] | see what I’m saying? | 明白我什么意思了吧 |
[05:40] | Well, maybe don’t go with something so useless. | 或许你可以送个有用的礼物 |
[05:42] | Or maybe just wait for another birthday. | 或者等她明年生日再送 |
[05:44] | I mean, she’s probably gonna live forever, right? | 或许她妈妈会长命百岁呢 |
[05:45] | Damn it. Okay, I-I’ll get the work done, | 好吧 我先写好稿子 |
[05:47] | and then I’ll pick up a gift at the airport. | 然后在机场给她挑一份礼物 |
[05:48] | – Hey… – Oh, yeah. | -这就对了 -是啊 |
[05:49] | ‘Cause nothing screams “Thank you for giving me life” | 只有在机场才能买到那种 |
[05:51] | like something from the airport. | 能表达”感谢你赐予我生命”的礼物 |
[05:53] | Jewelry! | 珠宝 |
[05:54] | They sell jewelry at the airport. | 机场可以买到珠宝 |
[05:56] | Wow… how did this happen? | 这是怎么回事 |
[06:01] | Ah! You did this, didn’t you? | 是你干的 对不对 |
[06:04] | No. It’s not my job anymore. | 这已经不是我的工作了 |
[06:06] | This is Secretary of Defense Becker | 是国防部长贝克尔为了显示他的影响力 |
[06:08] | putting out a big spread as a power move. | 给我们准备了丰盛的餐食 |
[06:10] | Good luck with that. He’s on our turf. | 祝他好运 他可是在我们的地盘上 |
[06:12] | Yeah, our turf, but now we’re all gonna talk | 是我们的地盘 但我们现在都在讨论 |
[06:15] | – about the food and who supplied it. – Genius. | -是谁准备了这些食物 -天才 |
[06:18] | Yeah. It’s gonna leave a pretty big mess to clean up. | 待会又会留下一堆烂摊子要清理 |
[06:20] | I’ll manage. So, wait, you were a part | 我会处理的 等等 你从一开始 |
[06:23] | of this Afghan deal from the beginning, right? | 就参与了那个阿富汗协议 对吧 |
[06:25] | – Mm. – Is it weird not to be going on this trip? | -是 -这次你不去阿富汗是不是很奇怪 |
[06:28] | No. I mean, policy keeps me pretty busy. | 不会 我还有别的事情要忙 |
[06:29] | Not too busy to remember to ask you | 虽然很忙 但我还记得要问你 |
[06:31] | if you set up a lunch date in Kabul for the secretary | 你有没有给国务卿和阿米娜·萨拉赫 |
[06:35] | and Amina Salah. | 在喀布尔安排午餐会面 |
[06:37] | Amina Salah… the former Afghan minister of education, | 阿米娜·萨拉赫… 阿富汗前教育部长 |
[06:41] | who lost her job in the peace deal | 因为国务卿女士支持的和平协议 |
[06:42] | that Secretary McCord championed? | 而失去了工作 |
[06:44] | Yeah. Lunch is confirmed for Tuesday. | 已经确认周二安排午餐 |
[06:46] | – Okay, now you’re just showing off. – Yep. | -好吧 现在你只是在炫耀 -没错 |
[06:47] | Okay, everyone. Fill your plates and find your seats. | 所有人把你们的盘子装满然后找到座位 |
[06:50] | And we can thank Secretary Becker when he arrives | 等贝克尔部长来的时候 |
[06:52] | for this generous spread. | 我们就可以感谢他为我们提供丰盛的食物了 |
[06:54] | I-I– Gordon, I hear you. | 戈登 我知道你的意思 |
[06:57] | But there’s been relative peace | 阿富汗已经保持了 |
[06:58] | in Afghanistan for over a year, | 一年以上的相对和平了 |
[07:00] | and contrary to our biggest concerns, | 我们最大的担忧并没有发生 |
[07:02] | Taliban has not taken over the government. | 塔利班没有接手政府 |
[07:05] | Then you haven’t heard me. | 看来你不明白我的意思 |
[07:06] | ‘Cause the hardliners are already pushing back | 强硬派已经开始不愿执行 |
[07:08] | on the conditions we put on ’em to receive the aid package. | 我们就援助计划而提出的条件了 |
[07:09] | They’re not gonna leave $10 billion | 他们才不会对100亿美元 |
[07:12] | sitting on the table. | 视而不见呢 |
[07:14] | This is last-minute posturing. | 这是最后摆摆姿态而已 |
[07:16] | Look, I can admit, the deal’s turned out | 我承认 这份协议 |
[07:18] | better than I expected, | 比我想象中的要好 |
[07:19] | – but it’s a fragile peace. – I know. | -但这是脆弱的和平 -我知道 |
[07:21] | We’ve lost some good people | “绿对蓝”攻击让我们失去了 |
[07:22] | to green-on-blue attacks. | 很多士兵 |
[07:24] | Well, we’ve lost far fewer soldiers | 我们在全面武装攻击中 |
[07:26] | than an all-out military attack | 失去的士兵人数 |
[07:28] | – would have cost us. – I-I know that. | -比这更多 -我知道 |
[07:29] | I-I understand the benefits, Elizabeth. | 我知道协议会带来很多好处 伊丽莎白 |
[07:31] | Believe me, I’m on the side of the deal. | 相信我 我是支持签署协议的 |
[07:33] | – Nobody wants the troops home more than I do. – I know. | -没人比我更希望美军安全撤回 -我知道 |
[07:35] | It’s just my job to anticipate the problems. | 只是我的职责就是预见未来可能发生的问题 |
[07:38] | And you’re very good at it. | 你在这方面做得非常好 |
[07:40] | Hoping that this briefing | 希望这次通报会 |
[07:42] | maybe put some of your concerns to rest. | 能消除你的一些顾虑 |
[07:45] | Wow. Where’d this come from? | 这是怎么回事 |
[07:49] | People got to eat. | 人总得吃饭 |
[07:54] | There’s so many pretty colors. | 这些颜色都很好看 |
[07:57] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[07:58] | It was hard to choose which ones. | 很难从当中选择一个 |
[08:00] | I love crafts, I just never seem to have the time. | 我很爱做手工 只是从来都没有时间 |
[08:03] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[08:05] | I was in the hospital for four months, | 我在医院住了四个月 |
[08:07] | – so I had time to sew this. – Uh, well, not sew. | -所以我有时间缝这些 -不是缝 |
[08:10] | That’s, um, that’s with a needle. | 缝是需要用针的 |
[08:13] | Uh… you, um, you braided them. | 应该说你编了这些手链 |
[08:16] | Uh… yes. Braided. | 是的 编的 |
[08:19] | Well, whatever you did, they’re amazing. | 不管怎样 这些手链很棒 |
[08:22] | And your heart’s all better now? | 你的心脏现在好些了吗 |
[08:27] | All better. | 好些了 |
[08:28] | Ah. Yes. All better. | 是的 好些了 |
[08:31] | Farhana will be able to lead | 法哈娜可以过上 |
[08:32] | a normal life. | 正常的生活了 |
[08:34] | I’m s– I’m– I’m her chaperone. | 我是她的陪护人 |
[08:36] | I’m with an organization called Heart Train. | 我来自一个组织 叫心脏列车 |
[08:37] | – Oh, I know Heart Train. – Do you? | -我知道心脏列车 -是吗 |
[08:39] | Yeah, you guys do amazing work | 你们把有心脏疾病的孩子 |
[08:40] | bringing children to the U.S. | 带到美国接受心脏病手术 |
[08:41] | for cardiology procedures. | 做得很棒 |
[08:43] | Actually, I gave you | 事实上 去年 |
[08:46] | a shout-out last year, | 在国务卿的一次演讲中 |
[08:47] | in one of the secretary’s speeches. | 我特意提到了你们 |
[08:48] | – That’s on our website. – Really? | -我们把那次演讲放在了网站上 -真的吗 |
[08:50] | – Yes. | 真的 |
[08:51] | We– Really, that meant so much to us | 真的 能够得到 |
[08:53] | to have the Secretary of State | 国务院提到我们的工作 |
[08:54] | highlight our work. | 对我们来说意义非凡 |
[08:55] | Good. | 太好了 |
[08:56] | I… Highlight? | 我… 高光 |
[08:59] | Oh, um… It’s like, um… | 就好像… |
[09:01] | when you shine a light on something, | 你把光打在某个东西上面 |
[09:04] | to see it. | 好看清它 |
[09:05] | Except you… we use words. | 只不过我们用语言来打光 |
[09:08] | Oh, I say “we” because, um, | 我说”我们”是因为 |
[09:11] | I write all the secretary’s speeches. | 国务卿所有的演讲稿都是我写的 |
[09:14] | So many ways to say one thing. | 同一个东西有好多种表达方式 |
[09:17] | I’m very happy I got to come here for my heart. | 我很高兴我来这里接受了心脏手术 |
[09:20] | But I find the United States too much. | 但美国让我应接不暇 |
[09:23] | And I miss my family. | 我很想念我的家人 |
[09:25] | Well, you’re going back | 你就要健康地 |
[09:26] | to Afghanistan healthy. | 回到阿富汗了 |
[09:29] | And you’ve learned a new language. | 而且还学会了一种新语言 |
[09:33] | I’m afraid I will forget. | 我怕自己会忘记 |
[09:35] | No one in my village talks English. | 我们村里没人会说英语 |
[09:38] | But I can’t wait to be home. | 但是我还是等不及想回家了 |
[09:39] | And have my mother make her piti. | 可以吃到妈妈做的陶罐汤 |
[09:42] | The bean soup? | 那种豆子汤吗 |
[09:44] | I love piti. | 我也爱吃陶罐汤 |
[09:45] | My ade makes the best. | 我妈妈做的最好吃 |
[09:49] | Um… excuse me. Sir? Hi. | 打扰一下 先生 你好 |
[09:53] | Hi. I was wondering if you could open this window shade. | 能不能帮忙开一下那个遮光板 |
[09:56] | Um, I need some natural light for my selfie | 我需要有些自然光来自拍 |
[09:58] | or my skin looks blah. | 不然我的皮肤会看起来很糟糕 |
[10:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:05] | Yeah? Okay. | 好了吗 好 |
[10:08] | Kids these days. | 现在的孩子们啊 |
[10:13] | Oh, oh, n– don’t worry about it, | 别担心 |
[10:14] | don’t worry about it, it’s just, uh, | 别担心 只是… |
[10:16] | a little turbulence. | 小气流而已 |
[10:17] | I hate turbulence, too. | 我也讨厌气流 |
[10:21] | This is only the second time I fly. | 这才是我第二次坐飞机 |
[10:25] | Well, I promise you, you’ll be fine. | 那我向你保证 不会有事的 |
[10:38] | That’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[10:39] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:40] | Uh, it was lovely meeting you both. | 遇到你们俩真开心 |
[10:41] | And I-I really do, uh, | 而且我真的非常感谢 |
[10:44] | appreciate the work your organization does, Leslie. | 你们组织所做的一切 莱丝莉 |
[10:46] | – Oh, thank you so much. – Yeah. Come visit us sometime. | -非常感谢 -没事 欢迎你随时来拜访 |
[10:48] | All right. | 好 |
[10:50] | I wish you good health and a delicious piti. | 祝你健康而且能吃到美味的陶罐汤 |
[10:55] | That would be good. Mr. Mahoney. | 那就太好了 马奥尼先生 |
[10:57] | I want to give you this. | 我想把这个送给你 |
[10:59] | To remember me. | 留个纪念 |
[11:00] | You can put it on your backpack | 你可以把它挂在背包上 |
[11:02] | or give it to your wife. | 或送给你妻子 |
[11:03] | Wow. Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:06] | This is– This is great. | 这…这太棒了 |
[11:09] | I-I’m not married, | 我还没结婚 |
[11:10] | but my girlfriend will love it. | 但我女朋友一定会喜欢 |
[11:12] | Thank you. I mean… | 谢谢 |
[11:16] | You guys, the line’s moving. | 伙计们 前面的人都走了 |
[11:18] | Oh, please go ahead. | 请往前走吧 |
[11:30] | This timetable for the rebuilding of schools | 按这个时间表重建学校 |
[11:30] | 美国大使馆 喀布尔 阿富汗 | |
[11:32] | is impossible. | 是不可能的 |
[11:34] | Well, Mr. President, you have lamented | 总统先生 您曾不止一次地哀叹 |
[11:35] | on more than one occasion that the destruction | 学校的损毁已经 |
[11:39] | of the schools has been crippling | 严重地影响到了你们的下一代 |
[11:42] | to your next generation and future economy. | 以及未来的经济发展 |
[11:46] | That is true. | 没错 |
[11:47] | If we could get a sense of how many schools | 如果我们能了解一下我们要重建 |
[11:50] | we’re talking about, that would be helpful. | 多少座学校 将会很有帮助 |
[11:53] | That could be quite a… | 那会非常… |
[11:54] | Matt Mahoney! Matt Mahoney! | 马特·马奥尼 马特·马奥尼 |
[11:56] | I know him! Please! | 我认识他 求求你们 |
[11:59] | Please, please, Matt Mahoney! | 求求你们 马特·马奥尼 |
[12:00] | – I know him. – Authorized personnel only. | -我认识他 -未经许可不得入内 |
[12:01] | – Please. Please. – Move away from the gate. | -求求你们 -别靠近这扇门 |
[12:04] | – Matt Mahoney! – Farhana? | -马特·马奥尼 -法哈娜 |
[12:12] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:14] | Ma’am, stop. | 女士 别再推门了 |
[12:14] | – You have to move away from the gate. – Farhana! Farhana! | -远离那扇门 -法哈娜 法哈娜 |
[12:17] | You need to move away from the gate. | 你得远离那扇门 |
[12:18] | Slow down, what’s happening? | 等等 发生了什么事 |
[12:22] | – Okay, open the gate. – Under whose authority? | -好 把门打开 -这是谁的命令 |
[12:23] | Secretary of State. Do it now! Come on. | 国务卿 马上 快 |
[12:25] | Come on, come on, come on, come on. Hurry up. | 快 快 快 赶紧 |
[12:28] | Stop! This is United States property. | 住手 这里是美国领土 |
[12:29] | Move away, or we’ll call the police. | 走开 否则我们要报警了 |
[12:31] | I don’t know what you’re saying! | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[12:33] | Who are those guys? What’s going on? | 这些家伙是什么人 到底怎么回事 |
[12:35] | They’re going to kill me because of you. | 他们要杀我 就是因为你 |
[12:40] | Farhana! | 法哈娜 |
[12:50] | So we’re talking about an honor killing? You’re sure? | 所以我们说的是荣誉处决 你们确定吗 |
[12:52] | Yes. That’s what she says. | 是的 她就是这么说的 |
[12:54] | And I saw her family, uh, three men, | 而且我看到她的家人 三个男人 |
[12:56] | they tried to grab her. | 想要抓住她 |
[12:58] | I mean, we had to let her in. | 我们只能让她进来 |
[13:00] | Oh, my God, I can’t believe this– it’s all because of me. | 老天 我不敢相信 这竟然是因为我 |
[13:03] | Just because you talked to her on a plane? | 就因为你在飞机上跟她聊过天 |
[13:04] | Yes. I mean, no. | 没错 但没那么简单 有人让聊天 |
[13:05] | Th-They made it look like more, but it wasn’t. | 看起来不仅仅是聊天 但它就是聊天 |
[13:08] | Apparently there was an American | 显然当时有个美国少女 |
[13:09] | teenage girl sitting behind them coming to visit her FSO dad, | 来看她当外交官的爸爸 正好坐在他们后面 |
[13:12] | and she made a video of them chatting | 把他们聊天的过程拍了下来 |
[13:14] | and turned it into a romance. | 拍的好像他们在谈恋爱一样 |
[13:16] | It’s all shot between our two seats. | 这都是在我们俩的座位之间拍摄的 |
[13:17] | Sh-Sh-She called it “Between the Seats,” | 她称之为”座位之间” |
[13:20] | and edited and narrated it into this total lie. | 并对它进行了编辑 编造成了纯粹的谎言 |
[13:23] | Maybe Cupid and his arrow, like, totally exist, | 也许是丘比特之箭 它真的存在 |
[13:26] | or maybe it was Saturn being in Capricorn | 也或许是因为火星运行到摩羯宫 |
[13:28] | that brought these two strangers on a plane together. | 把这两位飞机上的陌生人聚到了一起 |
[13:31] | Whatever. | 不管怎样 |
[13:32] | It didn’t take long | 他很快就让 |
[13:33] | for him to get the hot Muslim girl | 这位美丽的穆斯林女孩 |
[13:35] | to drop her guard and dig his vibe and let him | 放下防备 对他萌生好感 |
[13:38] | buy her a drink. | 并接受了他买的饮料 |
[13:40] | It was a club soda! | 就是杯苏打水而已 |
[13:41] | I-I-I held it while she changed her shawl. | 我在她换披肩的时候帮她拿着 |
[13:42] | …that make love bloom, and this dude knew all the tricks. | …让爱意绽放 这位大哥真是情场高手 |
[13:46] | I opened that for Leslie, her chaperone! | 那是我帮莱丝莉打开的 她的陪护 |
[13:47] | Matt, calm down. | 马特 冷静 |
[13:48] | And then it happened. | 一切就这样发生了 |
[13:51] | Aw. Is it the beginning? | 这是一段恋情的开始 |
[13:53] | Or just, like, a thing on a plane? | 或者仅仅是一次飞机上的邂逅 |
[13:56] | Can love that starts in the clouds last? | 这段在云上开始的恋情能否长久 |
[13:58] | We may never know, but wait… | 我们可能不会知道 但是等等… |
[14:00] | – I’m not married. – Well… | -我还没结婚 -好吧 |
[14:03] | not much of a proposal, dude, | 这样求婚可不行啊 大哥 |
[14:05] | but good luck, lovers! | 但还是祝你们好运 爱人们 |
[14:07] | I wasn’t hitting on her. | 我没跟她搭讪 |
[14:08] | She told me to give the bracelet to my wife, | 她让我把手链送给我妻子 |
[14:11] | and I was explaining right afterwards– | 所以我马上跟她解释… |
[14:12] | I said my girlfriend… | 还提到了我女朋友… |
[14:13] | – Sit down, just breathe. – It was turbulence. | -坐下 深呼吸 -只是因为气流 |
[14:15] | That’s why she touched me. She was scared. | 她才碰了我一下 她当时很害怕 |
[14:16] | – She didn’t mean to. – Thank you. | -她不是有意的 -谢谢 |
[14:19] | I can’t believe I opened my window shade | 我无法相信我竟然帮一个在社交媒体上 |
[14:20] | for that social media fake video person. | 拍假视频的人打开了遮阳板 |
[14:23] | How did Farhana’s family even see this? | 法哈娜的家人是怎么看到视频的 |
[14:24] | Facebook. There’s an Afghan youth page | 脸书上有个阿富汗青少年应用 |
[14:26] | that’s very popular. | 非常流行 |
[14:27] | The girl from the plane sent it to her friend in Kabul, | 飞机上的女孩把视频发给了喀布尔的朋友 |
[14:29] | who posted it right away. | 此人立刻就在网上发布了 |
[14:30] | It had 5,000 hits before we even left the airport. | 我们离开机场前就已经有5000点击量了 |
[14:33] | This is a nightmare. Look, honor killing is against Afghan law. | 这太可怕了 荣誉处决是违反阿富汗法律的 |
[14:35] | We can just report the threat to the police. | 我们可以报警 |
[14:37] | That won’t help. | 那不管用 |
[14:39] | Farhana’s from a very rural village called Asadabad. | 法哈娜来自一个叫阿萨达巴德的偏远农村 |
[14:43] | I mean, it is tribal and the hard-line Taliban, | 那个部落地区是由铁血塔利班 |
[14:46] | the Salafi jihadists, they are in charge there. | 圣战萨拉菲派统治的 |
[14:49] | All right, here’s the problem. | 好吧 问题来了 |
[14:50] | Farhana is 17 years old, that means she’s a minor, | 法哈娜17岁 也就是未成年人 |
[14:52] | and we can’t keep her unless she asks for asylum, | 我们不能留下她 除非她提出寻求庇护 |
[14:55] | which apparently she’s refusing to do. | 而很显然她拒绝了 |
[14:56] | She doesn’t want to go to America. | 她不愿意去美国 |
[14:57] | She wants to be with her family. | 她想和家人在一起 |
[14:59] | I mean, she did until they decided to kill her. | 至少在他们要杀她之前 她是这么想的 |
[15:02] | Oh, my God. | 哦老天 |
[15:03] | Not to pile on, but there’s another complicating factor. | 我不想危言耸听 不过还有个复杂的情况 |
[15:06] | Farhana’s uncle is the governor of Samangan Province | 法哈娜的伯父是萨曼甘省的省长 |
[15:08] | and a good friend of President Sharza. | 又是沙扎总统的好友 |
[15:10] | That could be good, though. | 这是个有利条件 |
[15:13] | Maybe the uncle could get me in touch with Farhana’s family. | 也许她的伯父可以帮我和她的家人牵上线 |
[15:16] | I could explain the whole thing to them. | 我可以跟他们解释整件事 |
[15:18] | We could track down, uh, uh, | 我们可以找到那个 |
[15:20] | the chaperone from Heart Train, Leslie, | 那个心脏列车的陪护 叫莱丝莉 |
[15:23] | she could back up the story. | 她可以作证 |
[15:24] | I don’t think they’d be receptive to hearing from you right now. | 我觉得他们现在不会愿意听你的解释 |
[15:25] | We have to try. | 总得试试 |
[15:27] | Okay, I have, uh, seen the video. | 我看过那个视频了 |
[15:30] | – Ma’am… – No, don’t worry, | -国务卿… -别担心 |
[15:31] | Matt, I know it’s baloney, | 马特 我知道那是胡说八道 |
[15:33] | but I did move up my meeting with Amina. | 但我把和阿米娜的会面提前了 |
[15:35] | Just think we could probably use her perspective, | 鉴于我们在商讨重建协议时碰了几次壁 |
[15:38] | and since we’ve already hit a few speed bumps with the Rebuild-Renew Agreement, | 我想我们也许可以听听她的建议 |
[15:42] | I’m gonna need a private meeting with President Sharza ASAP | 帮我尽快安排一下和沙扎总统的私人会面 |
[15:45] | just to avoid any negative impact | 希望可以避免这个视频 |
[15:47] | that this could have on the negotiation, okay? | 对谈判造成的负面影响 好吗 |
[15:49] | I’m so sorry, ma’am. | 真抱歉 夫人 |
[15:50] | No, no, don’t-don’t beat yourself up. | 不用 别责怪自己 |
[15:52] | There’s no way that you could have anticipated this. | 你预料不到会发生这种事 |
[15:54] | I should have. I know the culture. | 我应该料到 我了解这的文化 |
[15:56] | I know that there are cameras everywhere now. | 我知道现在到处都有照相机 |
[15:57] | I’m-I’m a representative of the State Department. | 我代表的是国务院 |
[16:00] | Matt. | 马特 |
[16:01] | We’ll do our best to remedy this. | 我们会尽力补救 |
[16:03] | I was just saying that I-I– if I met with the parents, | 我想如果我能跟她的父母见面 |
[16:05] | I could explain everything. | 我就可以解释一切 |
[16:06] | Okay, I’m gonna run that by Amina, | 好吧 我会跟阿米娜提一下 |
[16:07] | and we’ll see what she thinks. | 看她怎么说 |
[16:09] | Daisy, you do whatever you can to make sure | 黛西 你想想办法 |
[16:11] | this doesn’t become a bigger story. | 尽量别让事态发展下去 |
[16:13] | – Thank you, guys. – Let’s go. | -辛苦大家了 -走吧 |
[16:14] | – Come on. – Yeah. | -快点 -好 |
[16:16] | Ma’am, uh, we’re already | 夫人 我们这么做 |
[16:18] | coloring way outside the lines here. | 已经越界了 |
[16:20] | I don’t know how long we can keep her. | 我不知道我们还能留她多久 |
[16:21] | Well, we’re gonna keep her until we can’t. | 能留多久就留多久 |
[16:24] | – Okay? – Yes, ma’am. | -好吗 -是 国务卿 |
[16:36] | – Hey, look who’s here. – Hey. | -嗨 你来了 -嗨 |
[16:37] | Yeah, I went out for a walk and… | 我刚才散步来着… |
[16:39] | I guess this is where I ended up. | 就走到你这来了 |
[16:43] | Elizabeth’s in Afghanistan, right? | 伊丽莎白去阿富汗了吧 |
[16:45] | Yup. You want a beer? | 是 想喝啤酒吗 |
[16:47] | Oh, does the Pope wear a dress? | 那还用说 |
[16:50] | I wanted to apologize for the other night. | 我一直想为那晚的事道歉 |
[16:53] | You guys are dealing with the whole religion issue, huh? | 你们还在处理信仰矛盾 |
[16:57] | Yeah, I guess. | 我猜是的 |
[16:59] | Out of nowhere. | 真莫名其妙 |
[17:01] | I mean, I’ve always been open to it. | 我对信仰一直持开明态度 |
[17:03] | Thanks. Sophie’s always been rigidly opposed. | 谢谢 索菲总是顽固地反对 |
[17:08] | And we never talked about it much at all until last month | 我们从未过多讨论过这个问题 直到上个月 |
[17:13] | when I looked into sending Annie to a private Catholic school, | 我打算把安妮送到天主教私立学校 |
[17:16] | purely for the educational benefits, | 仅仅为了上个好学校而已 |
[17:18] | and Sophie completely freaked out. | 而索菲为此大惊小怪 |
[17:20] | Accused me of wanting to cloister her away | 指责我用妇女社会地位等诸如此类的 |
[17:22] | with antiquated religious ideas | 与生俱来具有父权思想毒瘤的 |
[17:24] | about the role of women in society, | 保守过时的宗教思想 |
[17:26] | something, something, and its inherent poisonous patriarchy. | 来禁锢我们的女儿 |
[17:30] | You would’ve thought I wanted to boil her in oil. | 说得我好像要让安妮下油锅一样 |
[17:34] | I had barely recovered from that, and now suddenly | 我气还没消 但突然间 |
[17:36] | she’s fine with saying grace at the family table. | 她又不介意在餐桌前祷告了 |
[17:39] | – What is that about? – Yeah. | -究竟是怎么了 -嗯 |
[17:42] | No, I’m, I’m asking. What is that about? | 我是在问你 这究竟是怎么了 |
[17:46] | Well, I can tell you what it’s not about– religion. | 我只能告诉你这事与宗教无关 |
[17:49] | Mm. I mean, come on, | 我的意思是 |
[17:51] | is that the only thing you guys have been fighting about recently? | 你们近来就只为这件事闹别扭吗 |
[17:53] | Because the tension in the air seemed a little | 因为紧张的气氛看似 |
[17:57] | thick to be just an argument about saying grace. | 不只是关于说不说祷词的分歧 |
[18:01] | Yeah. We fight all the time. | 是的 我们经常吵架 |
[18:06] | We always have. | 我们一直这样 |
[18:08] | The thing is, the making up… | 问题是 以前吵完之后的和好 |
[18:12] | used to be a lot more fun. | 比现在有趣多了 |
[18:14] | Have you guys tried counseling? | 你们两口子试过情感咨询吗 |
[18:16] | – No. – Why not? | -没 -为什么不 |
[18:19] | Well, it just feels like the beginning of the end. | 那感觉像末日的开始 |
[18:21] | – I mean, does it ever work? – Elizabeth and I have done it. | -这管用吗 -我和伊丽莎白试过 |
[18:27] | The soul mate unicorn couple themselves. | 你们这完美灵魂伴侣竟也做过婚姻咨询 |
[18:31] | What is it Joseph Campbell says about marriage? | 关于婚姻约瑟夫·坎贝尔是怎么说的 |
[18:32] | It’s not an adventure or a journey or a-an affair. | 婚姻不是冒险 旅程或风流韵事 |
[18:35] | It’s an ordeal. | 婚姻是场考验 |
[18:36] | Then we’re on the right track. | 那我们的婚姻上了正轨 |
[18:39] | Seriously, when you’re stuck, | 认真点 当你困惑的时候 |
[18:42] | a third party’s perspective can be helpful. | 局外人的建议会对你有帮助 |
[18:44] | But if they’re qualified to do that, | 前提是受过训练的局外人 |
[18:47] | by which I mean not me and definitely not your sister. | 而我和你姐姐都不能胜任 |
[18:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:51] | If it worked for you guys, I guess it’s worth a try. | 既然对你们有用 我想值得一试 |
[18:55] | To saving the ordeal. | 为挽救这场考验 |
[18:59] | Yes, I saw the video. | 我看过视频了 |
[19:01] | Our government does everything it can to ban social media, | 我们的政府已尽其所能封锁社交媒体了 |
[19:03] | but we both know repression only feeds innovation. | 但你我都很清楚压迫只会导致革命 |
[19:08] | This girl’s family sends her for a life-saving operation | 那女孩的家人把她送到美国做手术 |
[19:11] | in the United States. Now they want to kill her | 不就是为了救命吗 而现在她的家人要杀她 |
[19:13] | for talking to a man on the plane, | 就因为她在飞机上跟男人说话 |
[19:15] | in the presence of her chaperone. | 当时她的伴护也在场 |
[19:18] | Even if the parents are ambivalent, | 即使她的父母举棋不定 |
[19:20] | they get pressure from the community. | 社会也会给他们施加压力 |
[19:22] | Honor killing is a marginalized custom, | 名誉杀人是一个边缘化的习俗 |
[19:25] | mostly found in the more rural provinces | 通常发生在偏远州省 |
[19:27] | where it can’t accurately be policed. | 难以管制 |
[19:29] | Some of our research indicates | 我们的部分调查显示 |
[19:31] | there has actually been an uptick in the practice | 自从你们帮助推进沙扎政府 |
[19:33] | since you helped forge the deal | 与塔利班的协议以来 |
[19:35] | with President Sharza’s government and the Taliban. | 实际上 此类事件发生率有所攀升 |
[19:37] | Well, that contradicts the information | 这跟国务院收到的消息 |
[19:40] | the State Department received. | 有出入 |
[19:43] | Honor killings are reported to be significantly down. | 据报告 名誉杀人的发生率有所下降 |
[19:46] | It was a benchmark | 这是基准 |
[19:48] | that the Afghan government had to meet | 阿富汗政府必须达到这一基准 |
[19:50] | in order to qualify for the aid package. | 才有资格获得援助项目 |
[19:51] | The Rebuild-Renew Agreement. I am aware. | 《重建和恢复协议》 了解 |
[19:54] | How do you get your information? | 你的消息是从哪里来的 |
[19:56] | I work with an organization that tracks women’s social issues. | 我跟一个追踪女性社会问题的机构有合作 |
[19:59] | We have government contacts and NGOs | 当地的政府联系人和非政府组织 |
[20:02] | on the ground who keep us informed. | 随时会向我们提供消息 |
[20:05] | So you know that this agreement could be monumental | 所以这个协议对我们两国来说 |
[20:08] | for both our countries. | 都将是意义非凡的 |
[20:14] | Keeping Farhana at the embassy, | 把法哈娜留在大使馆 |
[20:18] | I’m afraid that we are putting the deal in jeopardy. | 恐怕会把协议置于险地 |
[20:21] | On the other hand, letting her go… | 另一方面 让她离开… |
[20:22] | Could cost her her life. | 会让她丧命 |
[20:24] | Sorry to interrupt, ma’am, | 抱歉打扰你们 国务卿 |
[20:26] | but President Sharza is asking to see you immediately. | 沙扎总统要求立刻见你 |
[20:29] | You can’t just take one | 你不能就这么带走 |
[20:30] | of my governor’s nieces and lock her up in the embassy. | 我们省长的侄女 把她关在大使馆 |
[20:33] | This will not stand, Madam Secretary. | 这根本站不住脚 国务卿女士 |
[20:34] | First of all, we didn’t take her. | 首先 我们没有带走她 |
[20:36] | Farhana Radi came to us asking for protection | 法哈娜·拉迪找到我们 请求我们保护她 |
[20:40] | from an honor killing, | 免受名誉杀害 |
[20:42] | a practice that is outlawed in your country. | 你们国家宣告非法的一个习俗 |
[20:44] | Yes. It is easy to be disgusted by such a barbaric practice. | 没错 如此野蛮的习俗确实令人厌恶 |
[20:48] | We have made progress, but it’s a strenuous process. | 我们取得了一些进展 但这是个艰难的过程 |
[20:50] | I’m aware of that. But isn’t, isn’t this | 我理解 但这不正是 |
[20:54] | the perfect opportunity to take a strong stand? | 表明坚定立场的最佳时机吗 |
[20:57] | Hardly. I’m fighting day and night to hold together | 不 我日夜奋斗为了达成 |
[21:00] | the deal you brokered | 你们斡旋的协议 |
[21:01] | having the Taliban as part of my government. | 让塔利班成为政府的一部分 |
[21:04] | Your actions with this girl put me | 你们对于这个女孩的行为 |
[21:06] | and my government in a precarious position. | 将我和我的政府置于险境 |
[21:08] | And we are working on a solution. | 我们在想办法解决 |
[21:09] | There is no time. | 没有时间了 |
[21:11] | The story of the U.S. Secretary of State | 美国国务卿 |
[21:13] | allowing one of her staff to kidnap an Afghan girl | 允许她的工作人员绑架一名阿富汗少女 |
[21:16] | and keep her in the embassy | 并将她关在大使馆的消息 |
[21:17] | is all over the news. | 已经众所周知了 |
[21:19] | And until this catastrophe is resolved, | 在这场灾难解决之前 |
[21:22] | consider the entire Rebuild-Renew Agreement on hold. | 我们会考虑搁置整个《重建和恢复协议》 |
[21:25] | Mr. President, I urge you to reconsider. | 总统先生 请你再重新考虑一下 |
[21:29] | This agreement is the solution | 这个协议能够解决 |
[21:31] | to so many problems for both our countries. | 我们两国存在的诸多问题 |
[21:34] | Not to mention you’d be walking away from $10 billion | 更别提你将错失100亿美元的 |
[21:38] | in economic aid. | 经济援助 |
[21:40] | If you don’t release the girl to her family, | 如果你不将女孩放回她的家人身边 |
[21:43] | the Taliban will seize the moment | 塔利班就会抓住这个机会 |
[21:44] | and paint a picture of my government as weak. | 把我的政府描绘成无能的政府 |
[21:47] | Then it will be only a matter of time before they take over. | 届时他们掌政就只是时间问题了 |
[21:50] | Then what will happen? | 接下来会发生什么 |
[21:51] | We will end up once again mired in war and terrorism, | 我们会再次陷入战争和恐怖袭击之中 |
[21:54] | and I cannot allow that. | 我不能允许这种事情发生 |
[22:06] | Amina was right. | 阿米娜说得没错 |
[22:08] | While Afghanistan has improved | 阿富汗经证实的名誉杀人事件 |
[22:09] | its numbers in terms of verified honor killings, | 数量下降的同时 |
[22:11] | the true numbers are underreported. | 真实的数据被少报了 |
[22:14] | I got in touch with some contacts | 我接触了当地的一些联系人 |
[22:15] | on the ground there– NGOs and medical examiners– | 非政府组织和法医 |
[22:18] | and the truth is, the Afghan government gathers | 事实上 阿富汗政府从警察局 |
[22:21] | its info from police departments and medical examiners. | 和法医处收集信息 |
[22:23] | And, big surprise, these government employees | 令人惊讶的是 这些政府员工 |
[22:26] | aren’t always pressured to be absolutely accurate | 通常没有查明众多年轻女性 |
[22:28] | about the cause of death for many young women. | 确切死因的压力 |
[22:30] | So, if you release Farhana and she were to die | 所以 如果你放了法哈娜 |
[22:32] | at the hands of her family, | 她死于家人之手 |
[22:34] | there’s a good chance it’ll be reported as something else. | 这件事很可能被上报成别的事情 |
[22:36] | Right. | 没错 |
[22:38] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[22:40] | – Sure thing, ma’am. – Yes, ma’am. | -应该做的 国务卿 -是 国务卿 |
[22:56] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们 |
[22:57] | Um… I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity. | 很感激你们给我这次机会 |
[23:11] | I speak for the Afghan government | 我代表阿富汗政府 |
[23:13] | as well as for my brother when I say… | 和我的弟弟说… |
[23:17] | this has gone far enough. | 这件事该到此为止 |
[23:19] | My niece has to be returned | 你们必须立即将我的侄女 |
[23:21] | to her father and family immediately. | 还给她的父亲和家人 |
[23:23] | – Uh, if I may say something? – Please. | -我能说两句吗 -请说 |
[23:25] | As you know, I was once minister of education. | 如你们所知 我曾担任教育部长 |
[23:29] | I know this young man, Matthew Mahoney, | 我非常了解这位年轻人 马修·马奥尼 |
[23:31] | quite well from my trips to United States | 通过我到美国的几次行程 |
[23:33] | and from his work here with Secretary McCord, | 以及他跟随麦考德国务卿在这边的工作 |
[23:36] | and I can vouch for his character, | 我可以为他的人格作担保 |
[23:39] | as well as the fact that Farhana came | 也可以为法哈娜出于对自身安危的恐惧 |
[23:41] | to the United States embassy out of fear for her life. | 前往美国大使馆的事实作担保 |
[23:45] | And that is the only reason that she was allowed to enter. | 这是她被允许入内的唯一原因 |
[23:47] | She is not being kept against her will. | 她没有被强行关押 |
[23:59] | If you will allow Mr. Mahoney to explain, you will see | 如果你们愿意听马奥尼先生解释 |
[24:02] | how the truth has been manipulated. | 你们会发现真相是如何被扭曲的 |
[24:04] | There’s no need. | 没有必要 |
[24:05] | We just want to take Farhana home to her mother, | 我们只想带法哈娜回家 |
[24:09] | who’s waited all these months to see her. | 回到数月来都等着见她的母亲身边 |
[24:11] | She wants to nurse her daughter back to health. | 她想帮女儿调养回健康的状态 |
[24:15] | Her father is angry. | 他的父亲很生气 |
[24:19] | But he would not hurt her. | 但他不会伤害她 |
[24:23] | No one would. | 没有人会伤害她 |
[24:26] | We just want to take her home. | 我们只想带她回家 |
[24:28] | Yes, yes, I understand, but please | 是 我理解 |
[24:31] | take a moment to watch and listen. | 但请花点时间看一看 听一听 |
[24:37] | Now, the reason why the video is so confusing | 视频让人误会的原因是 |
[24:40] | is because of what the narrator is saying. | 叙述者的旁白 |
[24:42] | The girl who is taking the video. | 也就是拍这段视频的女孩 |
[24:45] | But what she is saying is not what is happening. | 但她说的并不是事实 |
[24:49] | The music makes it seem romantic, but it’s not. | 音乐让这一切显得很浪漫 但其实不是 |
[24:51] | They say it’s the little things that make love bloom, | 都说细节让爱意绽放 |
[24:53] | and this dude knew all… | 这位大叔显然对此信手拈来 |
[24:54] | When I turn the sound down… | 你把音量调低 |
[24:58] | …you can see it’s just two people talking. | 就可以看到 只是两个人在交谈而已 |
[25:02] | Three people, actually, because Leslie, the chaperone, | 其实有三个人 她的陪护人莱丝莉 |
[25:05] | is just over here, | 就坐在这个位置 |
[25:06] | out of sight. | 但是视频里看不到 |
[25:13] | You explained it very well. You did a good job. | 你解释得很清楚 干得不错 |
[25:16] | I think I was talking too fast. I felt like I was rambling. | 我觉得我语速太快了 好像在胡言乱语 |
[25:18] | I’ve never had to save anyone’s life before. | 我从没碰到过这种手握别人性命的情况 |
[25:24] | Listen. | 是这样的 |
[25:25] | My brother is a very emotional man, | 我兄弟非常情绪化 |
[25:27] | but he’s calmed down now. | 但他现在已经冷静下来了 |
[25:29] | He’s convinced by your explanation | 你的解释说服了他 |
[25:30] | that nothing bad happened. | 他相信没有发生什么不当的事 |
[25:32] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[25:34] | He only requests that | 他唯一的要求就是 |
[25:35] | you make a public statement about this, | 你就此事发表一个公开声明 |
[25:37] | much as you did here, | 就像你刚才解释的一样 |
[25:38] | so that his family can defend her honor, | 这样他们一家人才能维护她的声誉 |
[25:41] | and the community will be satisfied. | 民众也会满意 |
[25:43] | That can be arranged. | 这个可以安排 |
[25:44] | Matt can even record the statement, | 马特可以录一段声明 |
[25:46] | and it can be submitted to the same Facebook page | 然后发布到 |
[25:48] | which posted the video to begin with. | 最初发布这个视频的那个脸书页面上 |
[25:51] | And the Secretary of State must issue a statement | 国务卿也必须 |
[25:54] | to this effect as well. | 发表一个同样的声明 |
[25:56] | She would be happy to. | 她肯定没问题 |
[26:00] | This will satisfy my brother. | 这样应该能满足我弟弟的要求了 |
[26:07] | Farhana. | 法哈娜 |
[26:09] | Great news. I spoke with your family. | 好消息 我和你家人谈过了 |
[26:12] | They understand what happened now. | 他们了解了事情经过 表示理解 |
[26:13] | This is good. | 这是好事 |
[26:14] | You’re safe to go. | 你可以安全回家了 |
[26:15] | Your father and uncle are coming to pick you up in an hour. | 你父亲和伯父一小时后过来接你 |
[26:18] | They said your mom’s really excited to see you. | 他们说你母亲很想见你 |
[26:20] | No. That’s not possible. | 不 这不可能 |
[26:23] | But it is. | 怎么不可能 |
[26:24] | I was there. They believed me. | 我刚刚就在那 他们相信我说的 |
[26:26] | Uh, it’s gonna be okay. | 没事了 |
[26:36] | That is my mother. | 这是我妈妈 |
[26:37] | Just now. | 刚刚发给我的 |
[26:40] | She said, “Don’t come home. | 她说 “别回来 |
[26:42] | They will kill you.” | 他们会杀了你的” |
[26:50] | A 17-year-old girl. I mean, it’s excruciating | 一个17岁的姑娘 被她所爱之人威胁 |
[26:53] | to see her in terror of the people she loves. | 惶惶不安 这太残忍了 |
[26:57] | It’s medieval. | 简直是中世纪 |
[26:59] | Well, not entirely. | 也不能这么说 |
[27:00] | There’s the Napoleonic Code, | 根据《拿破仑法典》 |
[27:02] | which allowed husbands to murder their unfaithful wives. | 如果妻子不忠 丈夫有权杀死妻子 |
[27:04] | That wasn’t abolished in France until 1975. | 法国直到1975年才废除这一规定 |
[27:10] | Modernization is a sluggish train. | 现代化进展缓慢啊 |
[27:12] | Yeah. To some cultures, it’s the enemy. | 没错 对某些文化而言 这就是敌人 |
[27:15] | They see the rest of us as having sold our souls | 他们觉得我们这些人把灵魂卖给了科技 |
[27:17] | to technology and wanton creature comforts. | 和毫无节制的物质享受 |
[27:20] | Well… I have to figure out | 我得想想办法 |
[27:23] | how to bolster the faction of this government | 看怎样才能稳住部分政府官员 |
[27:26] | that sees it as the key to moving forward. | 他们把这事当作推进协议商谈的关键因素 |
[27:29] | Otherwise, the Taliban is gonna take over | 不然 塔利班会趁虚而入 |
[27:31] | and start exporting terrorism again | 再次宣扬恐怖主义 |
[27:34] | with the U.S. as its main target. | 并把美国当成主要目标 |
[27:36] | – Is that the doorbell? – Yeah. | -是门铃响了吗 -是的 |
[27:38] | The belly dancers are here. | 我约的肚皮舞娘到了 |
[27:42] | All right, thanks for talking. I love you. | 行了吧 谢谢你开导 爱你 |
[27:44] | Love you, too. Bye. | 我也爱你 拜拜 |
[27:52] | Man, you were so right. | 哥们儿 你说得太对了 |
[27:55] | Religion? | 宗教 |
[27:56] | Definitely not the problem. | 这绝对不是根本问题 |
[27:59] | “He must increase, but I must decrease.” | “他必兴旺 我必衰微” |
[28:03] | I wear the bracelet, | 我一直带着这手环 |
[28:05] | but the lesson of humility | 但是谦卑这一课 |
[28:07] | sometimes eludes me. | 我总也学不透 |
[28:09] | Tell me about it. | 说说看 怎么回事 |
[28:10] | You’re talking to a fighter pilot. | 我可是开过战斗机的 |
[28:12] | There were days when I thought pretty highly of myself. | 我以前对自己评价还挺高的 |
[28:16] | Yeah. Well, when I’m working, | 我在工作的时候 |
[28:18] | I have to be confident and in charge. | 必须保持自信 掌控一切 |
[28:22] | It seems I don’t always successfully tone that down | 但回到家里之后 我有时候好像 |
[28:26] | when I walk in my front door. | 没法及时收起这种气场 |
[28:27] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 没错 |
[28:29] | Transition between professional life and home life | 在工作和生活之间转换 |
[28:33] | can be… bumpy. | 没那么 容易 |
[28:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:38] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[28:39] | the Romans, of all people, | 罗马人 居然曾有过一种 |
[28:40] | had a pretty good recipe for checking the ego. | 很好的控制自我意识的方法 |
[28:42] | After military victories, | 在获得军事胜利之后 |
[28:43] | they would parade generals through the streets in chariots | 他们会在街上列队欢迎乘战车归来的将军 |
[28:46] | with a slave standing behind them, | 他们的身后站有一个奴隶 |
[28:47] | holding a golden crown over their head, | 将金色的皇冠举在英雄的头上 |
[28:49] | all the while whispering into the hero’s ear, | 同时在他们耳边不住地轻声说 |
[28:52] | “Remember, you are mortal.” | “切记 你只是一个凡人” |
[28:56] | Oh, that is good. | 这方法挺不错的 |
[28:59] | I’ll try to remember that for my next marriage. | 我下次结婚可以试试 |
[29:04] | Yeah, turns out she’s not interested in counseling. | 没错 她对心理咨询根本没兴趣 |
[29:07] | She’s interested in getting me the hell out. | 她只想让我滚出家门 |
[29:11] | Oh, God, I… I’m so sorry. | 天哪 太遗憾了 |
[29:13] | Well, maybe she just needs time. | 她可能只是需要时间来平复 |
[29:16] | No. | 不是的 |
[29:17] | Listen, I-I get it. | 我能理解 |
[29:18] | It’s-it’s the right course of action right now. | 这是现在这种时候最正确的选择 |
[29:21] | We need to… | 我们需要… |
[29:23] | need to get Annie out of the middle of all this. | 我们不能让安妮夹在中间 |
[29:26] | How’s she doing? | 她有什么反应 |
[29:29] | Well, she’s not happy. | 她很不开心 |
[29:31] | But she knows she’ll see me every day. | 但她知道 她以后也每天都能看到我 |
[29:33] | I’m-I’m taking her to school in the morning. | 以后由我送她去学校 |
[29:35] | And by the time I left, | 我从家里出来的时候 |
[29:38] | Sophie and I were, were already being nicer to each other, | 我和苏菲之间的气氛已经有所缓和了 |
[29:40] | just knowing there was even a temporary solution. | 即使只是找到了一个临时的解决方法 |
[29:44] | By the way, uh, I’ll only need a place to stay tonight. | 对了 我只是今天需要找个地方过夜 |
[29:46] | – I’ll, I’ll find a hotel tomorrow. – No. | -我明天就去住酒店 -不用 |
[29:48] | – You’ll stay here as long as you need to. – But… | -你想在这住多久都行 -但… |
[29:53] | Shouldn’t you run that by el jefe? | 你不用跟家里领导请示一下吗 |
[29:55] | I’m channeling her. | 我刚还跟她打电话呢 |
[29:56] | Trust me, if I let you check into a hotel, | 你相信我 如果我让你出去住了酒店 |
[29:59] | I’ll be checking in right behind you. | 我绝对马上被赶出去跟你一块住酒店 |
[30:01] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[30:06] | Is there perhaps a room | 有没有哪个房间 |
[30:08] | where she won’t be able to find me? | 让她找不到我 |
[30:12] | President Sharza put a clock on it. | 沙扎总统下了最后通牒 |
[30:16] | If we don’t hand Farhana over | 如果我们在午夜之前 |
[30:18] | to her family by midnight, | 不把法哈娜交到她家人手上 |
[30:20] | the agreement is off the table. | 协议就免谈 |
[30:23] | The Taliban is flexing, | 塔利班开始动手动脚 |
[30:24] | and Sharza can’t stand up to them. | 沙扎却不敢与他们对抗 |
[30:26] | Well, he can’t afford to. | 他对抗不起 |
[30:28] | Public outcry will only embolden them | 激起民愤只会让他们更加无所忌惮的 |
[30:31] | to make a play for control of the government. | 在控制政府上动手脚 |
[30:37] | Sharza says that Farhana will be safe with her family. | 沙扎说法哈娜和她的家人在一起会很安全 |
[30:41] | He has her uncle’s word. | 他得到她伯父的保证了 |
[30:43] | What’s that worth? | 能有多大用 |
[30:46] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[30:48] | With all the publicity, there will be a lot of eyes | 在那些宣传下会有很多人关注 |
[30:51] | on Farhana and the Radi family. | 法哈那和拉迪家族的 |
[30:53] | They can’t very well kill her | 在大家都关注他们的时候 |
[30:54] | when everyone’s watching them. | 那些人不能随便杀她 |
[30:55] | No, they’d have to wait at least a news cycle. | 不 他们至少要等一个新闻周期 |
[31:00] | How can I send her back to her family | 我怎么能忍心把她送回她家人身边 |
[31:03] | when her own mother says that they want to kill her? | 她妈妈都说他们想杀了她 |
[31:06] | Madam Secretary, we need to get you and Mr. Whitman | 国务卿女士 我们需要带您和惠特曼先生 |
[31:09] | secured in the embassy’s bunker immediately. | 立即回到大使馆的地堡里 |
[31:10] | – What’s going on? – What happened? | -发生了什么 -出什么事了 |
[31:11] | It’s just a precaution. | 这只是预防措施 |
[31:18] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[31:21] | A mortar hit just outside the perimeter | 迫击炮击中了位于 |
[31:23] | of the RSM base north of the city. | 城市北部的RSM基地外围 |
[31:25] | Launched by Salafi jihadists. | 是圣战萨拉菲派发射的 |
[31:27] | Three marines were badly injured. | 三名海军陆战队员受了重伤 |
[31:29] | And it’s all about the girl you’re keeping in here. | 都是因为你关在这里的那个女孩 |
[31:32] | We’re not keeping her. | 我们没关着她 |
[31:34] | We’re providing temporary sanctuary. | 我们是给她提供临时避难所 |
[31:37] | Well, that sanctuary is not only jeopardizing | 好吧 这个避难所不仅危害了 |
[31:39] | our whole agreement with the Afghan government, | 我们与阿富汗政府的整个协议 |
[31:41] | it’s about to get more of our troops killed. | 还会让我们的部队出现更多牺牲 |
[31:43] | You can’t save every woman in Afghanistan. I’m not trying | -你拯救不了每一个阿富汗女人 -我不是想 |
[31:46] | – to save every… – This girl is a victim of her own culture. | -拯救每一个… -这个女孩是她本国文化的牺牲品 |
[31:48] | And that’s not what we’re here to address. | 这不是我们来这里要解决的问题 |
[31:50] | And now the Afghan government has met all our criteria. | 现在阿富汗政府已经同意我们所有的条件了 |
[31:54] | We’re steps away from getting out of this mess, | 我们离从这场混乱中脱身就只有一步之遥 |
[31:56] | and you want to throw it all away based on principle. | 而你为了原则就想把这一切抛弃 |
[32:00] | We have a moral obligation to… | 我们有道德义务去… |
[32:01] | Let me tell you. Let me tell you something. | 听我说 你听我说 |
[32:03] | Let me tell you what I think this is really about. | 我来说说我觉得这件事情的真正原因 |
[32:05] | This is about you letting your judgment become clouded | 是因为你让你的判断被那些 |
[32:09] | over the guilt you feel because of the concessions | 让你能走到这一步而产生的 |
[32:11] | you made to get here. | 内疚感所蒙蔽了 |
[32:15] | It was never a perfect deal. | 这一直都不是完美的协议 |
[32:17] | I said that from the beginning. | 我从一开始就这么说 |
[32:19] | But it was always a better alternative | 比起与塔利班展开全面的地面战争 |
[32:22] | to an all-out ground war with the Taliban. | 总有一个更好的选择 |
[32:24] | And with that better alternative, | 但如果选择那个更好的选择 |
[32:26] | you knew there’d be collateral damage | 你知道会对阿富汗女性 |
[32:28] | to Afghan women. | 有附带损害 |
[32:30] | So, this girl now is a symbol? | 所以这个女孩现在对你来说算是 |
[32:32] | A gesture, an apology for you? | 一个象征 一个态度还是一个道歉 |
[32:35] | American service people | 美国公职人员 |
[32:37] | do not deserve to die for this girl. | 不应该为这个女孩而死 |
[32:42] | You need to turn her back over to her family. | 你得把她交给她的家人 |
[32:44] | And let’s get this agreement back on track. | 然后我们一起让这个协议回到正轨 |
[32:47] | We need to get our troops home. | 我们需要把我们的部队带回家 |
[32:55] | I heard about the marines. | 我听说海军陆战队员的事情了 |
[32:59] | We’ve reached the end of the road with Farhana. | 我们只能和法哈娜走到这里了 |
[33:02] | I… we can’t put any more American lives at risk. | 我…我们不能再让美国人的生命处于危险之中 |
[33:06] | Not to mention the deal we’re here to make. | 更别说还有我们计划要达成的协议了 |
[33:08] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[33:10] | No, the loss of this deal | 不 如果这个协议失败 |
[33:11] | could topple the government and put my country | 可能会推翻政府 让我的国家 |
[33:13] | squarely under the thumb of the Taliban. | 笼罩在塔利班的统治下 |
[33:16] | And then… who knows how many will be killed? | 然后… 谁知道有多少人会被杀 |
[33:19] | At least, if Farhana wanted asylum, | 至少如果法哈娜想要庇护的话 |
[33:21] | no one could accuse us of keeping her against her will. | 没人能指责我们违背她的意愿把她关在这 |
[33:23] | No, she still insists she doesn’t want it, | 不 她仍然坚持不想留在这 |
[33:25] | – this is her home. – Well, then, | -这是她的家 -那么 |
[33:26] | I can’t justify this situation any longer. | 我再也不能为这种情况辩护了 |
[33:29] | I… | 我… |
[33:32] | I’m out of moves. | 我束手无策了 |
[33:33] | I mean, uh, I mean, anything you got, | 我是说 不管你有什么 |
[33:35] | I’m open, I… | 我都愿意接受 我… |
[33:37] | That… | 只要… |
[33:38] | keeps me from sending this girl to her death. | 能阻止我让这个女孩送死 |
[33:42] | All right. | 好吧 |
[33:45] | You may not like it. | 你可能不会喜欢 |
[33:47] | But you did say anything. | 但是你说的 什么办法都行 |
[33:57] | Demonstrators in front of the U.S. embassy in Kabul | 在美国驻喀布尔大使馆前面的示威者们 |
[34:00] | were dispersed by local police today | 在迫击炮袭击事件之后今天 |
[34:02] | in the aftermath of a mortar attack. | 被当地警察驱散了 |
[34:04] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[34:05] | The mortar was apparently… | 迫击炮显然是… |
[34:06] | An arranged marriage? This is the, the best | 包办婚姻就是 |
[34:09] | the United States of America can do? | 美利坚合众国的最佳手段了吗 |
[34:11] | Well, it’s the best the United States can do | 这是美国在阿富汗的 |
[34:12] | – in Afghanistan. – Matt, the guy’s older | -最佳手段了 -马特 那家伙年纪更大 |
[34:14] | and of higher status than Farhana’s family. | 地位也比法哈娜的家人更高 |
[34:16] | – It’s a big plus… – He’s 20 years older. | -这是一个很大的优势… -他比她大二十岁 |
[34:17] | He’s got two small children. | 还有两个小孩 |
[34:19] | And what? Farhana’s just supposed to be his slave now? | 然后呢 法哈娜从现在起就算是他的奴隶了 |
[34:22] | You know? Stuck in his house, raising his kids? | 你知道的 困在家里抚养他的孩子 |
[34:25] | – She’s 17 years old. – Unfortunately, | -她才17岁 -不幸的是 |
[34:27] | Afghan law gives the age of consent as 16 for girls. | 阿富汗法律规定女孩的法定婚龄为十六岁 |
[34:30] | As does Alabama, Connecticut, Montana. | 阿拉巴马州 康涅狄格州 蒙大拿州也一样 |
[34:33] | Yeah, the difference is, | 是的 区别在于 |
[34:33] | uh, girls from Alabama won’t get murdered | 阿拉巴马的女孩不会因为 |
[34:35] | by their families if they refuse to get married. | 拒绝结婚就被他们的家人谋杀 |
[34:37] | It’s not so out of the norm here. | 在这里的情况并不算很不正常 |
[34:39] | 57% of girls are married before they turn 19. | 有57%的女孩在十九岁之前就结婚了 |
[34:41] | You can’t compare their customs to what we know. | 你不能把他们的风俗和我们所了解的相比 |
[34:43] | Don’t you have a daughter?! Don’t you have a daughter?! | 你没有女儿吗 你没有女儿吗 |
[34:49] | Look, 50 years ago, my mom left Pakistan, | 听着 五十年前 我妈妈离开了巴基斯坦 |
[34:53] | and one of the main reasons she chose to go | 她选择离开的主要原因之一 |
[34:54] | was to avoid an arranged marriage. | 是为了避免包办婚姻 |
[34:58] | 50 years ago. | 那可是五十年前 |
[35:00] | This is still happening. | 现在还会有这样的事情 |
[35:04] | What do you think Farhana wants? | 你认为法哈娜想要的是什么 |
[35:05] | – What she wants is to live, okay? – Yes. | -她想要的是活下去 好吗 -是的 |
[35:07] | And be accepted by her family, and I’m sorry, | 还有被她的家人接受 我很抱歉 |
[35:09] | but this accomplishes both. | 但只有这样两者才都能实现 |
[35:10] | They can kill her anyway, | 他们可以想办法杀了她 |
[35:11] | and you know that. | 你也知道的 |
[35:13] | I mean, anything can happen when we leave. | 我是说 当我们离开的时候任何事情都可能发生 |
[35:16] | Where’s the secretary? I want– I want to talk to her. | 国务卿在哪里 我想…我想和她谈谈 |
[35:18] | Hey, Matt, it’s over. | 马特 已经结束了 |
[35:19] | M-Sec’s in there with President Sharza right now | 国务卿女士现在和沙扎总统在一起 |
[35:21] | trying to get this deal back on track. | 努力让这场协议回到正轨 |
[35:23] | She’s telling him that Farhana’s gone back… | 她告诉他法哈娜已经回到了… |
[35:25] | Wait, wait, no, no. | 等等 等等 不 不 |
[35:25] | – Far-Farhana’s already gone? – She just left. | -法哈娜已经走了 -她刚离开 |
[35:31] | Farhana. Farhana. | 法哈娜 法哈娜 |
[35:36] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:38] | I just… | 我只是… |
[35:39] | It is God’s will. | 这是真主的意愿 |
[35:41] | My parents say this is a good man, | 我父母说这是个好人 |
[35:43] | and… it could be a good life for me. | 还有…对我来说也许会是好生活 |
[35:50] | I just wish… | 我只是希望… |
[35:51] | Farhana? Come, your family is arriving. | 法哈娜 走吧 你的家人来了 |
[35:55] | Goodbye, Matt Mahoney. | 再见 马特·马奥尼 |
[36:04] | 阿萨达巴德 阿富汗 | |
[37:16] | You’re smiling. | 你在笑 |
[37:19] | I hope not ironically. | 我希望不是在嘲讽 |
[37:20] | I could genuinely use some good news right now. | 我现在真的想听到一些好消息 |
[37:23] | The Afghan government has agreed to shore up | 阿富汗政府已同意支持 |
[37:25] | the Violence Against Women law | 通过反暴力伤害妇女法案 |
[37:27] | and they have invited Amina Salah to be | 而且他们还邀请阿米娜·萨拉赫 |
[37:29] | part of an independent watchdog group… | 成立一个独立监察小组 |
[37:32] | to advise and inform them. | 为他们提供专业建议 并监督他们 |
[37:35] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[37:39] | An independent watchdog group. | 独立监察小组 |
[37:42] | Just to make sure no one gets the mistaken notion | 我只想说没人会对 |
[37:45] | that an intelligent, qualified woman | 有一个聪明 专业的女人 |
[37:47] | is in their government. Again. | 在他们政府里工作这件事再次产生误解吧 |
[37:49] | Look who’s being ironic. | 瞧现在是谁在嘲讽了 |
[37:51] | I feel like we take turns. | 真是风水轮流转呀 |
[38:07] | We are here to announce that with the signing | 我们现在宣布 |
[38:10] | of the Afghan-United States Rebuild-Renew Agreement, | 《阿富汗-美国重建恢复协议》签字生效后 |
[38:14] | the United States will immediately begin | 美国会立即开始 |
[38:18] | troop withdrawal. | 撤离军队 |
[38:25] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[38:26] | In here. | 这儿 |
[38:30] | Surprise. | 没想到是我吧 |
[38:39] | Henry told me. | 亨利已经告诉我了 |
[38:40] | How was Afghanistan? | 阿富汗之旅怎么样 |
[38:44] | Harrowing. | 一场伤心之旅 |
[38:45] | Speaking of… | 说起这个 |
[38:48] | Have you looked in the mirror lately? | 你最近照过镜子吗 |
[38:52] | If the name of the game is beat up on Will, | 如果比赛的名字是打倒威尔的话 |
[38:54] | – I didn’t mean it like that. – I’m way ahead of you. | -我不是那个意思 -你绝对赢不了我 |
[38:58] | Just worried about you. | 我只是担心你 |
[39:02] | And disappointed in me. | 你是对我失望 |
[39:05] | No. | 不是的 |
[39:07] | – No? – Come on. | -不是吗 -拜托 |
[39:09] | I’m… | 我 |
[39:10] | Just… talk to me. | 只想 和你聊聊 |
[39:13] | I’m not gonna… scold. | 我不会 责骂你的 |
[39:19] | What the hell did I know | 我怎么可能 |
[39:21] | about how to be married? | 搞得懂婚姻 |
[39:24] | I was 13 when my role models died. | 我才13岁 父母就已经不在了 |
[39:28] | It-it just… | 只是 |
[39:29] | it just looked like | 我只是感觉就像是 |
[39:30] | you find someone who doesn’t drive you crazy, | 找到了一个不会让我发疯的人而已 |
[39:33] | and then you have dinner, | 然后一起吃饭 |
[39:35] | talk about work, watch TV. | 一起谈论工作 看电视 |
[39:39] | Or you-you play Scrabble. | 一起玩拼字游戏 |
[39:43] | Sometimes go on vacations. They… | 一起度假 这些 |
[39:46] | …they made it look easy, | 让婚姻变得很简单 |
[39:49] | I guess, and… | 所以我认为 |
[39:51] | the minute my marriage wasn’t easy, | 当婚姻不那么简单的时候 |
[39:55] | I-I thought I was doing it wrong, or… | 要么是我做错了 |
[39:58] | she was. | 要么就是她错了 |
[40:00] | They fought plenty. | 爸妈经常吵架 |
[40:04] | Sure. | 真的 |
[40:06] | Come on. | 不会吧 |
[40:07] | Mm, nothing serious. | 都为些小事吵架 |
[40:09] | Who forgot to get the bread. | 比如谁忘拿面包啦 |
[40:13] | Who left the lights on. | 谁忘记关灯啦 |
[40:15] | Why are your parents visiting again? | 为什么你父母又来了 |
[40:19] | Will. | 威尔 |
[40:23] | You were younger, so you idealized them more. | 因为你还小 所以你会去美化他们 |
[40:26] | Or paid less attention. | 或者不去注意这些问题 |
[40:28] | Well, you figured it out. | 好吧 这些你都知道 |
[40:31] | Somehow. | 我也不知道为什么我会知道 |
[40:32] | Henry and I | 亨利和我 |
[40:33] | often joke that we were fixed up | 经常开玩笑说我们是被一对二十几岁的 |
[40:35] | by a couple of romantic idiots in their 20s. | 爱情白痴安排到一起的 |
[40:38] | Happened to work. | 刚好我俩还蛮搭的 |
[40:40] | That’s because you work at it. | 因为你们在努力经营婚姻 |
[40:42] | That, too. | 也有这个原因吧 |
[40:43] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[40:48] | I don’t know, Will. | 我也不知道 威尔 |
[40:50] | Marriage is… | 婚姻是 |
[40:51] | a mystery. | 一个谜 |
[40:53] | And a miracle… | 是奇迹 |
[40:55] | – And an ordeal. – That is | -也是一场考验 -这绝对 |
[40:57] | – exactly what Henry says. – Right. | -是亨利告诉你的 -是的 |
[40:59] | – You guys did do some bonding. – We did, yeah. | -你俩聊得挺志同道合的吧 -对呀 |
[41:04] | Listen, I’m sorry if I… | 对不起 我总是 |
[41:09] | …parent you. | 去管教你 |
[41:11] | It’s not my job anymore, | 我忘记这已经不是我的责任了 |
[41:13] | and I’m gonna let it go. | 我会放手的 |
[41:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:18] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[41:22] | So, where is everybody? | 大家都去哪儿了 |
[41:23] | They all went to dinner. | 他们都去吃饭了 |
[41:24] | They said they’d bring you back | 他们说会给你带点 |
[41:25] | some lasagna from Mark’s. | 马克家的千层面回来的 |
[41:28] | What are you getting? | 你吃什么了 |
[41:32] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[41:36] | I can’t. I can’t take it. | 不行 我做不到 |
[41:37] | I can’t just stand here and watch you waste away. | 我不能就这样看着你消沉下去 |
[41:40] | I’m gonna make eggs. You like eggs. | 我要煎鸡蛋给你吃 你喜欢吃鸡蛋吧 |
[41:42] | You… you’re doing it. | 你真的要做饭吗 |
[41:44] | – With cheese, right? – Oh. No, please. | -要放芝士 对吗 -别呀 求你了 |
[41:47] | At-at least let me. | 至少让我自己来吧 |
[41:49] | Here, you… you shouldn’t cook. | 过来 你 你可不能煮饭 |
[41:52] | Fine, you can help. | 好吧 你就帮下忙就行了 |
[41:53] | Just don’t get any shell in there. | 别把鸡蛋壳弄进去了哈 |
[41:55] | And that is not parental. | 我这可不是在管教你哦 |
[41:57] | It’s just advice. | 只是小小的提醒 |
[42:00] | Okay, I’m gonna back off now. | 好吧 我走开 |
[42:06] | Just happy to have you here. | 很高兴你能过来 |
[42:08] | You can stay with us as long as you need to. | 你可以随便在这儿住多久都行 |
[42:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:21] | So, like, how long are we talking? | 你打算在这住多久 |
[42:22] | Just… Shouldn’t be more than a decade. | 反正不会超过十年 |
[42:24] | Stop. Huh? | 别开玩笑了 |
[42:25] | Maybe just a few years. | 就住个几年 |
[42:27] | You’ve got so much room. | 你们家有这么多房间 |
[42:29] | I was thinking Sunday. | 我想的是住到星期天 |